PDA

View Full Version : Sam Carter/Jack O'Neill Ship Appreciation Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 [51] 52 53 54 55 56 57

Lord Zedd
September 11th, 2005, 02:29 PM
Hi Sam O Neill good to see you again ((( missed talking to you )))
:D lol there is a stargate barbie in here :D hahahahaha
:( nobody responses about my ship banner :(
I am counting on you guys to join our forum :(

Lord Zedd
September 11th, 2005, 02:31 PM
P.S...I hope I can count on shippers to vote for me in the Amanda Tapping Contest! please?
Of course you can !! you have my vote. Perhaps you could help me a bit out with making video's ?? :please

stargate barbie
September 11th, 2005, 02:44 PM
Hey sueKay

Good luck tommorow. Tell me everything :D University is hard but great too. You get to know other people who are way more nicer than in high school !

I made my first shipper banner :p what you think of it?
http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a362/stargateomega/stargateomegabannerSG105jpg.jpg (http://www.stargateomega.com)
ah sam and jack, making stars explode together. :D

stargate barbie
September 11th, 2005, 02:49 PM
those season 8 commentary bits are making me all impatient waiting for the boxset to be released for uk/ireland. i was half disgusted about their not being any commentaries on the individual dvds and half happy cos i couldn't afford them anyway, so i didn't feel like i was missing out on too much. i love getting the dvds but my main reason for usually getting them asap is the commentaries.

i really hope they are on the boxset, and on every ep. there is nothing better than getting some shippy comments on a commentary. and PDL is always brilliant, and martin wood is so good to learn from for a filmie like me.

i love shippy commentaries cos it combines two of my fave things about stargate dvds.

ses110
September 11th, 2005, 03:27 PM
I just wanted to thank everyone for there Birthday wishes.While I'am down on the Show I'll never be down on all the great People on this forum.I feel the same way you do Sally.It's getting real tiring hearing many of the Fans TPTB and Actors bash the Sam and Jack Ship while the same people praise Sam and Pete.JM is the only one I know with the guts to bash Sam and Pete.I bet he took some Heat for that.I never heard JM back off from his support of the Sam and Jack Ship.My thoughs are if an Actor or TPTB does not like the Sam and Jack Ship that's fine,but please do not gush about the Sam and Jack Ship when your at a convention and your trying to score points with a Shipper Fan or your giving an interview to a Shipper.If your tired of answers Ship questions say no comment.Do not change your answer all the time even if your bored of giving the same answer.You should not be surprised to catch some Heat when you keep changing answers.The Fans cannot expect an Actor or TPTB to give away all the Secrets of the Show but the Fans should expect a consisent and Honest answer.If you do not want to answers questions you can also stop giving interviews and stop going to conventions.

jafacakes
September 11th, 2005, 04:28 PM
sueKay, just sneaking in another Good Luck for tomorow, although thinking of it, you're probably in bed by now ... or you should be ;)

AncientKnowledge
September 11th, 2005, 04:46 PM
Hey! Just popped in to see what the shippers were up to! Watched "Grace" today (one of my favorite shippy episodes!!!!!) And I desided to change my sig to something a little shippy because I was in the mood!!!(I also happened to read some more fan fiction!) Great going on keeping Sam and Jack togetherness alive everyone! ((Big Hugs))........

.:!*~Sam and Jack Forever~*!:.

-AK:D

nell
September 11th, 2005, 04:55 PM
((((majorsal)))) We've all been down the path of Ship despair but really all the evidence weighs in favor of our Sam and Jack!!! I think Anunnaki's recently posted "rant" presented the facts superbly and the implications are clear that they have formed a relationship!!!! Um, my story and I'm stickin' to it yadda yadda yadda!! :rolleyes:

((((sueKay)))) Alot of us have faced college or trainings or new jobs or other challenges with some trepidation and anxiety. A bit of anxiety is normal and can be a nudge to sharpen our attention and focus on those things we need to learn to perform well in our areas of study, work, and recreation, too. Look at how well you do with your many and varied website,story, graphics arts projects!!! :D

((((sg-1fanintn)))) Opryland Hotel??? Been there years ago while passing through Nashville on the way to Texas!!! Now that was way before I even watched Stargate! Ya know, let's keep all of our eyes open for future Cons because there will be a Season 10!!! :p

((((Uber)))) Honey, of course, I will vote for you!! You deserve the votes!!! :cool:

((((ST-1))))I'm going to read your fics tonight! I've been enjoying your work!! Keep up the Ship!!! Keep us posted with your sequels!! p:p

((((WELCOME TO NEWCOMERS)))) :D

parsifal
September 11th, 2005, 04:58 PM
She then went on to suggest that perhaps they're better off as just friends

Even if she were personally against the ship (which I hope she isn't), this doesn't make sense given what we were apparently supposed to get from "Threads". (I don't know when she actually made that ridiculous statement.)

You spend years developing a rich, complex character, you go so far as to even BLOW UP A SUN, for crying out loud...and all people ever ask is "What about Sam and Jack???"

What kind of question can you ask about blowing up a sun? About what else are we supposed to ask? Every year we get screwed, we're supposed to take it in silence?

Amanda's happy that the issue isn't front burner this year...

Why was the issue on the front burner? Because of the cluster**** that was :eek: . And who was responsible for that? Certainly not us, who, after 8.5 years, still don't even have a single real kiss.

Eoin
September 11th, 2005, 05:08 PM
This is my first post here so please be nice to me :p ;) :)
My first task is to post a pic of a sam/jack moment :D
and my second task is to get to know ye :D
and my third task is to fit in :p

So first off Hi Everybody :)
and now the pic :)
http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a267/Eoin087/Jack/089.jpg

stargate barbie
September 11th, 2005, 05:09 PM
sorry to go all OT on you guys here, but do any of you brits/irish out there think that shelly from corrie looks a wee bit like amanda tapping?

P.S. i like s/j ship. remember Window of Opportunity and Entity? remember how shippy they were? i like ship... *sigh*

stargate barbie
September 11th, 2005, 05:10 PM
Hey eoin, NIIICE with the s/j pic. way to ingraciate yourself to the family.

Eoin
September 11th, 2005, 05:12 PM
lol no way...AT is to gorgous(sp?) to look like shelly :)

Eoin
September 11th, 2005, 05:13 PM
Hey eoin, NIIICE with the s/j pic. way to ingraciate yourself to the family.
thanx... i hav alot more :D
http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a267/Eoin087/Jack/088.jpg
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Uber
September 11th, 2005, 05:14 PM
Even if she were personally against the ship (which I hope she isn't), this doesn't make sense given what we were apparently supposed to get from "Threads". (I don't know when she actually made that ridiculous statement.)

What kind of question can you ask about blowing up a sun? About what else are we supposed to ask? Every year we get screwed, we're supposed to take it in silence?

Why was the issue on the front burner? Because of the cluster**** that was :eek: . And who was responsible for that? Certainly not us, who, after 8.5 years, still don't even have a single real kiss.Hey...I'm on your side...I'm just seeing it from the actress's perspective.

She doesn't want her character to be perceived as weak...she wants Sam to grow...she wants to do new things...that's cool. But Amanda appreciates the fans, appreciates the Sam/Jack ship...and I'll bet won't mind revisiting it again in the future...but let some time pass and let Sam show what her dealing with her personal struggles have made her into as a person, as an officer and as the leader of SG-1.

:cool:

stargate barbie
September 11th, 2005, 05:22 PM
lol no way...AT is to gorgous(sp?) to look like shelly :)
i still think they look a wee, teeny weeny, tiny bit alike though. and shelly is quite pretty but AT is an absolute stunner.

parsifal
September 11th, 2005, 05:32 PM
She doesn't want her character to be perceived as weak...she wants Sam to grow...she wants to do new things...that's cool.

That's what I don't get. :eek: did an extraordinary amount of needless damage to Sam's character. Far more than S/J "pining" ever has. She could have done "new things" with Jack.

let Sam show what her dealing with her personal struggles have made her into as a person, as an officer and as the leader of SG-1.

SG-1's writers don't really 'do' emotional continuity.

stargate barbie
September 11th, 2005, 05:40 PM
Hey...I'm on your side...I'm just seeing it from the actress's perspective.

She doesn't want her character to be perceived as weak...she wants Sam to grow...she wants to do new things...that's cool. But Amanda appreciates the fans, appreciates the Sam/Jack ship...and I'll bet won't mind revisiting it again in the future...but let some time pass and let Sam show what her dealing with her personal struggles have made her into as a person, as an officer and as the leader of SG-1.

i totally agree, if i were AT i'd probably get sick of being asked the same question every single time i gave an interview. and i'd try as many varying answers as possible to try to discourage more of them. for all we know TPTB could be asking her to say stuff to throw us off the trail. and i also find that a lot of these published interviews tend to distort and paraphrase quotes so that they don't really relay the true opinions of the actors. that or they tend to use really out of date answers and try to put a new spin on them.

here's a question,
has AT ever said anything really negative about s/j ship at a convention? and i mean that we have proof of and wasn't transcribed by a complete anti shipper.

i once read a few different reports and tidbits from the one convention, by shippers, anti shippers, noromos and those who didn't give a monkeys, and it was like the anti shipper and the shipper were at completely different conventions and the others were leaning slightly more towards the shippers perspective on things but were somewhere in the middle.

it's amazing how the personal bias of a person can determine how such things are depicted. and thats why i tend not to buy into most of these magazine interviews and whatnot.

and finally, i know that my opinion at a given time can be at least partially dependant on my mood, the time of day, whether or not i'm hungry, who i've been hanging around with and what they've had to say, if i'm sleepy, bored, grumpy, bashful and any number of other dwarfs. If and i stress IF, amanda tapping did actually say anything even remotely negative about ship, it could be for countless reasons and i wouldn't worry about it because i do firmly believe that she does like the idea of it as long as it doesn't take over the character and become the most important thing about who she is.

that was way longer than i had anticipated. well done to anybody who made it to the end, cos i certainly didn't..... wait, how does that work. :S

Somnium
September 11th, 2005, 06:19 PM
Stargate barbie - nope sorry not seeing the resemlence apart from the blonde hair!

ST-1 - Really loving your fic, is there gonna be more?

Eoin - Welcome to the family :D

Uber - Am still voting for you, that vid rocks I have the song stuck in my head! And Im with you on the Sam in charge of SG1, well done you for standing your own.

SueKay - Good Luck again and remember to enjoy as RDA says LTS!

[Random Ramble] It seems I have developed my own personal sheild that repels all and any anti ship vibes! I am impervious to all negative ship comments (i think its called reading too much fic, is that possible!). I seem to be in permenant squuee mode :D Well it doesnt matter what I do or dont see on screen, I just have this little voice in my head that reminds me S&J are together and plays out my own shippy scenes while reading/watching anything Stargate, its great. Oh well ever the optimist! [/Random Ramble]

ses110
September 11th, 2005, 06:22 PM
parsifal AT and RDA have such great chemistry and look like they have a great time on the Show.I would think they would want there characters to get together.I may not be making sense but I would think they would be curious to see how the relationship played out on screen.IMO it's been a waste of such great chemistry and a waste of 2 great characters.If I was an Actor I would want to do it all.Action adventure Comedy and Ship.

parsifal
September 11th, 2005, 06:28 PM
parsifal AT and RDA have such great chemistry and look like they have a great time on the Show.I would think they would want there characters to get together.I may not be making sense but I would think they would be curious to see how the relationship played out on screen.IMO it's been a waste of such great chemistry and a waste of 2 great characters.If I was an Actor I would want to do it all.Action adventure Comedy and Ship.

Agreed, but then we start getting into how TPTB are incapable of writing romance if one of the people in the relationship isn't an alien. Sigh.

Eoin
September 11th, 2005, 06:47 PM
Eoin - Welcome to the family :D
Thanx- its good to finally be here :)

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a267/Eoin087/Jack/Sam%20and%20Jack%20ship/820_21.jpg
This pic made me laugh for ages :D

nell
September 11th, 2005, 06:58 PM
Thanx- its good to finally be here :)

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a267/Eoin087/Jack/Sam%20and%20Jack%20ship/820_21.jpg
This pic made me laugh for ages :D

eoin, WELCOME!!!

I must admit that when I clicked on your sig link, your wee little prank STARTLED the heck out of me!!! :eek: I was so surprised that I had to slap down the lid of my laptop and it still made funny noises!!! Kinda scary!! :eek: I'll be looking out for your practical jokes!! nell :D

Eoin
September 11th, 2005, 07:03 PM
eoin, WELCOME!!!

I must admit that when I clicked on your sig link, your wee little prank STARTLED the heck out of me!!! :eek: I was so surprised that I had to slap down the lid of my laptop and it still made funny noises!!! Kinda scary!! :eek: I'll be looking out for your practical jokes!! nell :D
ROFL :D Its good though...people are so unexpecting it :D :D
Its good to be here :D .....

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a267/Eoin087/Jack/Sam%20and%20Jack%20ship/Jack20and20sam20kissing.jpg

sg-1fanintn
September 11th, 2005, 07:24 PM
Just thinking about UST and RST, and how TPTB keep telling us that once Sam and Jack get together, they would never be able to go through the gate together again. I thought of one really good example of action, comedy and romance mixing on TV. I'm sure other shippers can remember others, but how many remember the show, Hart to Hart ? It was a McGyver era show, also on ABC in the States. Robert Wagner and Stephanie Powers starred as a wealthy married couple who stumbled over and solved mysteries (usually murders) together. It did very well for several years, and although the ST was resolved, it was incredibly sexy, and the adventure never suffered. Who can think of other successful shows that featured RST?

Buc252
September 11th, 2005, 07:27 PM
Oh, Sally. Don't cry sweetie.

You know what it is? Authors like that take the quotes they feel make their point for them. It's not a very balanced perspective sometimes.

But Amanda's not anti-Sam/Jack. She's anti-Sam/Weakness. And she can sound a bit mercurial when she's quoted in books and articles sometimes. I really think it's just the way the authors there are getting their own points across.

.A.

I just wrote a long rant on this topic, and was probaby fortunate that GW froze up on me and didn't post it. Oh, I still feel every word of it, but it definitely would have gotten me bashed by the AT fans.

Sufficie to say say, I don't believe it's the authors - I believe it's AT and only AT, and I've lost all respect for her. At this point, after all her talk about how wonderful :eek: was, I wouldn't go next *door* to see her in person.

I love Sam a lot, but right now, that doesn't apply to AT. Sally, I'm with you 100% and send my biggest hug for the damage this has done to your spirit. I grasped at straws to support her for a long time, and I'm done. I've reached my limit.

pittsburghgirl
September 11th, 2005, 07:27 PM
eoin-girl-it is a good thing i have a strong heart.

Eoin
September 11th, 2005, 07:32 PM
eoin-girl-it is a good thing i have a strong heart.
lol.. i take it you got curious and clicked on my sig clicky :D hehe

nell
September 11th, 2005, 07:35 PM
Just thinking about UST and RST, and how TPTB keep telling us that once Sam and Jack get together, they would never be able to go through the gate together again. I thought of one really good example of action, comedy and romance mixing on TV. I'm sure other shippers can remember others, but how many remember the show, Hart to Hart ? It was a McGyver era show, also on ABC in the States. Robert Wagner and Stephanie Powers starred as a wealthy married couple who stumbled over and solved mysteries (usually murders) together. It did very well for several years, and although the ST was resolved, it was incredibly sexy, and the adventure never suffered. Who can think of other successful shows that featured RST?

(((sg-1fanintn))) You know I remember Hart to Hart!! Here's another...
McMillan and Wife with Rock Hudson and Susan Saint James!! Police Commissioner and wife solve murder mysteries and are happy and sexy together, too. Same era. But, I'm having a hard time coming up with more contemporary shows. Probably because I don't watch much TV. Or, maybe UST is too popular and couples that work together and are sexy together don't seem to sell. Well, it's all in the writing, I say!

sg-1fanintn
September 11th, 2005, 08:09 PM
Yep, McMillan & Wife was another! It CAN be done!

majorsal
September 11th, 2005, 08:27 PM
Wonderful post, Anunnaki! I knew you'd be a good addition here. And I will tell you that it's very rare that majorsal gets upset, because she sees the "long view" better than almost all of us.

C'mon, Sally, cheer up. She's right. It's been proven more times than we can count. Some authori is just trying to establish her own point of view. Sam and Jack are together, and Rick and AT will eventually resolve their story for us. Keep the faith, sweetie!!!!!

i'm feeling better now, with the help of my friends.

i really want to thank everyone that's sent me messages and greens. you really are a family, you know. thank you.

sally :)

Token
September 11th, 2005, 08:32 PM
Just popping in before i head off to work bc i heard something yesterday that i thought only you guys would appreciate.

There i was standing at the bar (where i work) and i hear two guys comparing fishing to sex :eek: Made me laugh bc i instantly thought of Jack and Sam ;)

Ok, now you have me curious! :D Care to explain the comparison?? ;) BTW...

http://bestsmileys.com/welcome/8.gif

And

http://bestsmileys.com/birthday1/8.gif

Uber
September 11th, 2005, 08:48 PM
i totally agree, if i were AT i'd probably get sick of being asked the same question every single time i gave an interview. and i'd try as many varying answers as possible to try to discourage more of them. for all we know TPTB could be asking her to say stuff to throw us off the trail. and i also find that a lot of these published interviews tend to distort and paraphrase quotes so that they don't really relay the true opinions of the actors. that or they tend to use really out of date answers and try to put a new spin on them.

here's a question,
has AT ever said anything really negative about s/j ship at a convention? and i mean that we have proof of and wasn't transcribed by a complete anti shipper.

i once read a few different reports and tidbits from the one convention, by shippers, anti shippers, noromos and those who didn't give a monkeys, and it was like the anti shipper and the shipper were at completely different conventions and the others were leaning slightly more towards the shippers perspective on things but were somewhere in the middle.

it's amazing how the personal bias of a person can determine how such things are depicted. and thats why i tend not to buy into most of these magazine interviews and whatnot.

and finally, i know that my opinion at a given time can be at least partially dependant on my mood, the time of day, whether or not i'm hungry, who i've been hanging around with and what they've had to say, if i'm sleepy, bored, grumpy, bashful and any number of other dwarfs. If and i stress IF, amanda tapping did actually say anything even remotely negative about ship, it could be for countless reasons and i wouldn't worry about it because i do firmly believe that she does like the idea of it as long as it doesn't take over the character and become the most important thing about who she is.

that was way longer than i had anticipated. well done to anybody who made it to the end, cos i certainly didn't..... wait, how does that work. :SFirst of all, I used the Stargate Barbie clip at the end of my video...where Amanda's fussing with her "Carter Special" and turns and says, "I'm Stargate Barbie and we're ALL GONNA DIE!!!"

Just thought I'd point that out in case that drives you over to the AT contest site to vote for my video. DAILY.

Second...I agree entirely with what you've said here. Amanda's NEVER to my knowledge EVER said anything negative about ship at a convention. She smiles as the fans cheers and answers as best she can. Listen to her at the most recent convention she's attended:

http://www.powerpromoz.com/stargate/samcarter/at_samjack.mpg

I don't think she hates Sam/Jack ship. She's the one who gets all giddy about it in audio commentaries. I think she wants to ensure that Sam is more than JUST Sam/Jack though...and I can dig that.

Hey...we get Kickbutt!Sam for Season 9 with a subtle reference to ship. Fine. But the future for Sam/Jack is wide open...thanks to EDM we KNOW they're together, even if they're going to be vague about it FOR THE TIME BEING...and I still have hopes for that BHK I've been clamoring for FOR FOREVER...

So whereas I'm sorry not everyone here loves how things have turned out, I for one am happy there's still a ship to cheer for AT ALL (remember they could have killed our hopes entirely and had her marry that DeLuise guy who I'd better not mention by name, for fear of being pummelled by a barrage of snowballs thrown by fellow penguins)...and I look forward to future Sam/Jack moments.

Token
September 11th, 2005, 08:50 PM
Hi everyone! I have been a lurker in these threads forever and finally decided to come out of my hiding place. :) I am still in Stargate withdrawal...well I mean Sam/Jack withdrawal. As those know ;) came out of it briefly a couple weeks back but then it got worse! So anyway couldnt stand the wait for more SJ so decided to preorder season 8. Got 1 day shipping to. 1/3 the price of the dang DVD for it! Oh well.

http://bestsmileys.com/welcome/18.gif
SierraGolfCharlie
To the Shipper Family!!

Sam and Jack withdrawal, eh?
Take one of these...
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v334/Token04/Ship%20Day/HeroesHug150.gif
With two of these...
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v334/Token04/Ship%20Day/GraceKiss135.gif
Feeling better?? :D

Anyway so I know will enjoy chating with you all...or in otherwords watching you guys chat. :o Well have to go back to the ever present and OH SO WONDERFUL world of *drums please!* Homework...Aghh! Stop thowing tomatos! College is so much worse then High School....yea getting OT.

http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/3/3_3_106.gif (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZSzfw003) Join us when you can after homework! :p

So will get out of all your hairs now *shuffles away* *curtains fall* *pokes head out of curtains* Forgot to add RDA withdrawal to! :( ...... :eek: You had to put the tomato on my face didnt ya? HMM? HMM?! *pokes head out of view*

BYE!!!!..For now lol.

Awwww...you got RDA withdrawals too?? Well, here's something for that...;)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v334/Token04/Jack/JackUniform.jpg

Token
September 11th, 2005, 08:58 PM
This is my first post here so please be nice to me :p ;) :)
My first task is to post a pic of a sam/jack moment :D
and my second task is to get to know ye :D
and my third task is to fit in :p

So first off Hi Everybody :)
and now the pic :)

Us be nice???

http://bestsmileys.com/welcome/2.gifOK! :p
Welcome to the Shipper Family!!
If you love Sam and Jack, you'll fit in!
HAVE FUN!!

gwenhwyfar
September 11th, 2005, 09:30 PM
majorsal-I'm glad you're feeling better and thanks for the warning about the books. I have the first three and was planning on buying that one. I will not waste my $16.00! And if you're still feeling bad, go watch WoO. That always makes me feel better.

About AT: Doesn't she realize that it is basically us fans who keep the show on the air? If WE didn't watch the show would be gone! Thus, she would be out of a job! She should quit upseting the fans! I like the character of Sam (mainly because I'm a lot like her. The scientist part. SO not the military part.) but AT the person is totally acting like a (insert swear word here)!

Now if you'll excuse me I am going to go hide from the AT fans.

SierraGolfCharlie
September 11th, 2005, 09:59 PM
Oh! I have been brought out of my withdrawal!...for awhile that is! Thanks Token! Good pics! :D

BTW ty so much for the welcome to you all! :D

EION... :eek: JEEZ! Lol. That was crazy! My grandmother..who I live with :o was in my room and I said to watch it with me so we were lol. I reacted like a doctor tapped my knee with that instument he uses. My foot kicked my desk(HURT!) and I screamed..really squealed but still it is very late here. Mygrandmother dropped all the clothes she had in her hand and REALLY screamed!

So good one! Soooo not expecting that!....for that matter look forward to more...in a veryyyy bizzare way :D

SuSiE_SG1
September 11th, 2005, 10:49 PM
Well last night i had nothing better to do being the school holidays and all so i came up with these, this is my crappy attempt at using microsoft paint LOL.

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a200/SuSiE_SG1/samjackmarriage.jpg

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a200/SuSiE_SG1/samjackweddingnight.jpg
this one is of the wedding night LOL

SuSiE_SG1
September 11th, 2005, 10:51 PM
Jack has wondering eyes!

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a200/SuSiE_SG1/44mind23.jpg

Oma-1
September 12th, 2005, 12:50 AM
http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/36/36_12_6.gif Token that's just fantastic! Innocent looking lemon cookies with penguins on the box :p :p :p I'm gonna smile all day just thinking about it :D

Equinox
September 12th, 2005, 01:30 AM
Jack has wondering eyes!

LOL Susie, by the looks of there wedding night, he has wondering hands too :p

SuSiE_SG1
September 12th, 2005, 02:07 AM
LOL Susie, by the looks of there wedding night, he has wondering hands too :p

yes indeedie!!!

Myrth
September 12th, 2005, 02:45 AM
Great post Uber.. that's exactly how I see it. I don't care what Amanda says about the ship, the woman works her ass off far beyond the call to make Sam Carter "real", and she does a damn fine job. But then I also take everything with a view to the creative concept and take into account the real world workplace behind this show. There's a lot more to it than most people seem to give credit for in forums and such. Saying you've lost respect for someone because they don't say what you want them to seems like whining and the stamping of tantrum feet to me. Just a thought ;)

Personally I'm grinning like a fool over PDL's comment about Amanda's attention shifting when RDA's around... hee... that's the bit I'm concentrating on. There's nothing better than a ship based on real attraction and affection.. nothing at all. :D

Ps. I'm voting for you daily .. I could throw in some shameless self promotion for my banner around about here too :)

First of all, I used the Stargate Barbie clip at the end of my video...where Amanda's fussing with her "Carter Special" and turns and says, "I'm Stargate Barbie and we're ALL GONNA DIE!!!"

Just thought I'd point that out in case that drives you over to the AT contest site to vote for my video. DAILY.

Second...I agree entirely with what you've said here. Amanda's NEVER to my knowledge EVER said anything negative about ship at a convention. She smiles as the fans cheers and answers as best she can. Listen to her at the most recent convention she's attended:

http://www.powerpromoz.com/stargate/samcarter/at_samjack.mpg

I don't think she hates Sam/Jack ship. She's the one who gets all giddy about it in audio commentaries. I think she wants to ensure that Sam is more than JUST Sam/Jack though...and I can dig that.

Hey...we get Kickbutt!Sam for Season 9 with a subtle reference to ship. Fine. But the future for Sam/Jack is wide open...thanks to EDM we KNOW they're together, even if they're going to be vague about it FOR THE TIME BEING...and I still have hopes for that BHK I've been clamoring for FOR FOREVER...

So whereas I'm sorry not everyone here loves how things have turned out, I for one am happy there's still a ship to cheer for AT ALL (remember they could have killed our hopes entirely and had her marry that DeLuise guy who I'd better not mention by name, for fear of being pummelled by a barrage of snowballs thrown by fellow penguins)...and I look forward to future Sam/Jack moments.

galaxy
September 12th, 2005, 04:27 AM
;) :) :p :cool: :D

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SUGARSHAKER!!!

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a108/galaxy_/POV.jpg

It's your birthday! :eek: Wooooohooooooo!!!! :D
I hope you have a fantastic day and all your wishes come true!

((((Sugarshaker))))

;) :p :rolleyes: :) :D

nell
September 12th, 2005, 04:45 AM
;) :) :p :cool: :D

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SUGARSHAKER!!!

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a108/galaxy_/POV.jpg

It's your birthday! :eek: Wooooohooooooo!!!! :D
I hope you have a fantastic day and all your wishes come true!

((((Sugarshaker))))

;) :p :rolleyes: :) :D

((((galaxy)))) Hi Honey!!! I'm borrowing your big, honkin' birthday greetings to wish ((((sugarshaker)))) a great birthday!!!! :D :D :D

lonely_star
September 12th, 2005, 05:22 AM
well let's stay in the Big Honkin' birthday greetings then !!

http://img228.imageshack.us/img228/6128/kisswo111lr.jpg

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SUGARSHAKER !!!

lonely_star
September 12th, 2005, 05:26 AM
oups...I apologize for the size !! it's way bigger than expected...so please accept my big honkin apalogy :D

http://img228.imageshack.us/img228/6241/kissgrace93wt.jpg

ST-1 great fic as usually, Annunaki, same thing ;) (I hope you will SOON reciprocatively update your series and "missing something" ;) )

Oma, how is baby n° 6 going ?? keep us posted ;)

and great posts all of you ! :)

ohho !!! welcome to the newbies !!! ;) have fun, post a lot!

BrenRen
September 12th, 2005, 07:06 AM
Agreed, but then we start getting into how TPTB are incapable of writing romance if one of the people in the relationship isn't an alien. Sigh.
And even when one is, generally speaking...

G'Morning Campers! Time for a Shippy Breakfast!

blueiris
September 12th, 2005, 07:43 AM
Happy Birthday, Sugarshaker!

This is one of my favorite Mala's pics.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v341/Mala50/Sam%20Jack/brocablue.jpg

nickatell
September 12th, 2005, 08:05 AM
I know AT thinks of her character in a different light than maybe we do; but I have to say I have never considered Sam always pining over Jack. There are many, many episodes where you wouldn't even know that there was anything going on (except for us shippers with our glasses on); I could understand if all we would get was Sam constantly looking desperate or running off crying to her room but we have never ever seen this, so why would we think of Sam simply as a character who pines over Jack??? Come on, my daughters show OC has seen more pining in two seasons than we have had in almost 9 years, I think everyone has dated every other character on that show at least once. As all of us have said we also keep waiting for the action packed Carter, we don't want that to stop, in fact I wish it would start. Think about it what kind of questions would we ask AT at conventions, "How did you come up with blowing up the sun?", or "What exactly is Naquadria made of?" or even better "What did it feel like having Jolinar in your head?". Other than all the technobabble, she has barely had any fight scenes, she has hardly ever taken command or made any big mistakes, so what else would we ask her about? Don't get me wrong AT amazes me every week by memorizing all that technobabble, and she portrays a very strong and loyal female soldier; but as ses and others have said, most of the time it is the guest star of the week falling in love with Sam and that is her section of the story, now mind you not every time...but... To her defense as well, when I attended a Chicago convention AT was the one who brought up Jack and felt sorry for him when the whole Pete fiasco was happening. It is hard enough being a Jack and Sam shipper with RDA not a regular any more, majority of the writers are not shippers (I think), most interviews given seem to have an anti ship spin to them, answers to questions are so vague that it is like no answer at all, we are constantly teased with what the directors were going to put in between Jack and Sam but at the last minute decided to leave it out (we have more romantic moments between Jack and Sam that were cut out than were in almost) that our last single hope is with the actors who play the roles and when we hear anything even close to being negative about Jack and Sam its all we can do from leaving altogether.

Rogue
September 12th, 2005, 08:21 AM
Why was the issue on the front burner? Because of the cluster**** that was :eek: . And who was responsible for that? Certainly not us, who, after 8.5 years, still don't even have a single real kiss.

I totally agree. Who brought the J/S relationship to the front burner? TPTB did when they brought in the Spudster. IMO, they did it to get people talking. When we became upset over it, they said we had issues. I think they knew how we would react, that is why they did it.

UhSir
September 12th, 2005, 08:51 AM

Hokey Smokes! You are so right. I LOVED that show. Another couple that had great chemistry. And I've seen both in other pairings that had no chemistry so it was definitely those two=one. Just like RDA and AT. *big sigh*

Other shows, hmm, I know of a movie pair. The Thin Man movies: William Powell and Myrna Loy. *dreamy sigh*

UhSir
September 12th, 2005, 09:13 AM
I just wrote a long rant on this topic, and was probaby fortunate that GW froze up on me and didn't post it. Oh, I still feel every word of it, but it definitely would have gotten me bashed by the AT fans.

Sufficie to say say, I don't believe it's the authors - I believe it's AT and only AT, and I've lost all respect for her. At this point, after all her talk about how wonderful :eek: was, I wouldn't go next *door* to see her in person.

I love Sam a lot, but right now, that doesn't apply to AT. Sally, I'm with you 100% and send my biggest hug for the damage this has done to your spirit. I grasped at straws to support her for a long time, and I'm done. I've reached my limit.

If anyone bashes you, they'll have to bash me too.

This is why I try to keep away from behind-the-scenes. It has always killed my love of a character/show/movie/whatever. I do not want to know all about the quirks of an actor/director. I do not want to know if that actor/director loves/hates a particular aspect of the character/show. I want to be entertained, I don't want them to be my pals. I don't ask the cashier at the grocery store how she/he feels about working there, etc.

So, if they pair up Sam and Jack, or hint at pairing them up, then I expect them to maintain some flow to the story. Fine, introduce a new love-interest for one. Work it out though. In my mind, they started the relationship and, supposedly, wrapped it up with Threads, but now they continue to tease, so then it isn't wrapped up, it's still open to denial.

Ugh! I'm gonna stop right there because in all honesty I really don't know where I'm at on the ship.

minigeek
September 12th, 2005, 09:36 AM
Rick and Amanda sure do have great chemistry, don't they? Actors and Actresses are cast for chemistry like that. And Rick was involved in casting Amanda. I think, if you consider (even if you step away from the whole SHIPPER mold for a bit) you'll realize the two of them actually have better on screen chemistry than Amanda does with any of the other men on the team.

That would be why the SHIPPER base for Sam and Jack is so much larger than that of any of the other pairings on SG-1. And why everyday viewers also got a Sam/Jack vibe when they watched each week.

We hear that word "CHEMISTRY" thrown around a lot, don't we?

What does chemistry really boil down to? Well, you can call it what you like, universally, but I know a few of us around these boards work in the so-called "BIZ" and I don't think you'll find any of us arguing that the real truth is: chemistry = the potential for attraction

On a very basic level, human emotion is a readable commodity; which is why actors who know their stuff drink deeply of the more genuine experiences within themselves in order to emote outward. It's like saying "write what you know". Well, act what you already understand. Emotions are basic. You don't have to have been a true POW in a camp in order to find out (from those who were) what basic emotions were at play, and then figure out a way to get in touch with those basic emotions within your own psyche. Attraction is perhaps among the most basic emotions of all. In the very beginning, there's either a spark there, or there's not. The bigger the spark, the better the "CHEMISTRY" between two actors. Yes, that's why a lot of HOLLYWOOD marriages don't last. Actors play with fire for a living. It's part of the job. Let no one tell you otherwise. "Oh, I was just kissing him, then they turned the cameras off and we broke for lunch...and it was just like BAM, there go the lights. Do you think they have turkey today??"

Well, it really is like that. And it really isn't like that. It's a complicated thing, playing with emotions. Especially long-term emotions. Like the kind you'd develop on behalf of your character over a decade of growth.

Think about Amanda for a minute. She talks about bringing motherhood into Sam's fierceness. About growing up and not feeling like "the kid" anymore over the last few years. She talks about what all actors do, about bringing from themselves into their characters. But what happens with those characters at the end of the day?

Amanda comes in each morning, she's SAM CARTER. She turns her on, she turns her off. She breaks for lunch. She turns her back on again. Then off again. She heads home. Now imagine yourself doing that every day. For nine years.

Then do an interview for a magazine where they ask you what it's like to "kiss your co-star!", and consider your husband and your little girl are going to be reading it.

What I'm trying to illustrate for you here is not that all actors are necessarily cheaters, they're not - by a LONG SHOT they're not. Just look at Amanda. For one. But it's a HELL of a job. And sometimes, you have to reconcile your own resolutions with those of the character you play.

Does that makes sense? Or does it sound like I'm trying to say Rick and Amanda had some kind of torrid affair? Because I'm NOT. So please don't come away with that. It's a very difficult subject to articulate, without saying something cliche like: You have to be there to get it.

As for the Sam/Jack issue, I don't think Amanda's ever been worried about that story. She's been worried that female leading roles have historically always been made weaker by the introduction of a love story between their character and someone above their station, but close to them. It's not like that for men. Amanda's aware of those stereotypes and I don't think she has faith that the writers would be able to maintain Sam's integrity and strength if they wrote her into a relationship with her CO. She was worried they'd turn Sam into a cliche. So rather than have that happen, she'd rather not go in that direction at all. Not because she doesn't think it's possible to write a good emotional arc for Sam and Jack within the Stargate universe, but because I don't think she believes this writing team would do that.

It's not so cut and dry, you see. At least, I hope you do! I'm beginning to feel like a total rambler. I'll shut up now.

M.G.

UhSir
September 12th, 2005, 10:16 AM
Re: What minigeek said about the “BIZ”

It’s too bad they feel they have to hold back in order to make it clear to the fans that it’s all make-believe. Gosh, I consider myself smart enough to know the difference. Am I part of a minority? Or maybe I’m the only one!

This is why I have lost interest in the so-called entertainment business; it doesn’t entertain me anymore. Everyone is too caught up in making sure I understand that the character is not the actor. The actor is a real human being with real feelings and real opinions and real interests and all of those are not like the character’s. Given enough time, the character inherits the actor’s traits, which changes the character. I don’t call that “developing the character” as too many have tried to excuse.

Not one member of the shipper family is asking that the ship be the focus of the show nor that it be the core of Sam’s character.

The writer’s can’t write ship? Huh! They can if they want to.

What it appears to be is that the PTB are just too damn scared to resolve or acknowledge it because they believe the shippers will then abandon the show en masse. I realize there will be certain number of shippers that leave, but I’m willing to bet a majority would stay.

I’m also willing to bet that if things continue the way they are currently going, a larger number will leave due to frustration than would have gone due to resolution.

minigeek
September 12th, 2005, 10:30 AM
The writer’s can’t write ship? Huh! They can if they want to.They could, yes. And I'm not saying they wouldn't do a good job of it, either. I am saying that Amanda doesn't trust them to do that, and still maintain her character's strength and integrity. Which is why she's come across as opposed to an on screen relationship in the past. It isn't because she's against the idea of Sam and Jack being involved. It's because she's concerned the writers will sell off Sam as a casualty to the female stereotype if they go in that direction. If Carter stays away from that aspect of her relationship with Jack, then Amanda perceives that Sam Carter can continue to be a strong, groundbreaking female persona. I don't agree with it, either. I think it's a worthy challenge to write a strong, groundbreaking female persona within the context of a mature relationship; and the potential for dramatic conflict is endless! But I don't think Amanda trusts the current writing team to pull that kind of thing off for Sam. Whether they actually can or they can't is another issue entirely. But that's really what it boils down to. :rolleyes:

You don't think so?

M.G.

Rogue
September 12th, 2005, 10:43 AM
As for the Sam/Jack issue, I don't think Amanda's ever been worried about that story. She's been worried that female leading roles have historically always been made weaker by the introduction of a love story between their character and someone above their station, but close to them. It's not like that for men. Amanda's aware of those stereotypes and I don't think she has faith that the writers would be able to maintain Sam's integrity and strength if they wrote her into a relationship with her CO. She was worried they'd turn Sam into a cliche. So rather than have that happen, she'd rather not go in that direction at all. Not because she doesn't think it's possible to write a good emotional arc for Sam and Jack within the Stargate universe, but because I don't think she believes this writing team would do that.

M.G.

I think AT should have been more worried about what the writers were doing to her when they gave her a boyfriend.

minigeek
September 12th, 2005, 11:22 AM
I think AT should have been more worried about what the writers were doing to her when they gave her a boyfriend.Hey, who said she wasn't? Who says she didn't march right into Robert's office and ask him to justify the insertion of Pete Shanahan into Sam's life? ;)

Amanda only talks publicly about the things that "are". She doesn't disparage canon very often if she can help it. Public relations for canon is part of her job. Notice she only mentioned her mild dissatisfaction [with the flippant excuse Sam gave Pete when she broke up with him] well after the episode had aired? If Sam and Jack had been made canon I think you'd have noticed her interviews regarding Sam's relationship with Jack would have changed as well, to reflect the canon change. That's ... what Amanda does.

M.G.

Oma-1
September 12th, 2005, 11:31 AM
http://bestsmileys.com/welcome/16.gif to all our newbies :D

...except Eoin - this one's for you http://bestsmileys.com/evil/8.gif There is no escape now you've joined the Family! Mwahahahahaha!

Well last night i had nothing better to do being the school holidays and all so i came up with these, this is my crappy attempt at using microsoft paint LOL.

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a200/SuSiE_SG1/samjackmarriage.jpg

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a200/SuSiE_SG1/samjackweddingnight.jpg
this one is of the wedding night LOL

Nothing crappy about them hon! I love 'em! :D

Token - you evil fiend! You and your story got me funny looks in the supermarket today. :mad: I saw this box of Lemon Trackers (which, btw aren't even cookies - kinda chewy cereal bar thing) and started laughing. Even hubby - who knew what I was laughing at, was rolling his eyes at me :p :D

Oma-1
September 12th, 2005, 11:33 AM
Yep, McMillan & Wife was another! It CAN be done!
And don't forget Superman!!!!! OK, I know it's not the best example, but it worked for them :p

Rogue
September 12th, 2005, 11:51 AM
Hey, who said she wasn't? Who says she didn't march right into Robert's office and ask him to justify the insertion of Pete Shanahan into Sam's life? ;)

Amanda only talks publicly about the things that "are". She doesn't disparage canon very often if she can help it. Public relations for canon is part of her job. Notice she only mentioned her mild dissatisfaction [with the flippant excuse Sam gave Pete when she broke up with him] well after the episode had aired? If Sam and Jack had been made canon I think you'd have noticed her interviews regarding Sam's relationship with Jack would have changed as well, to reflect the canon change. That's ... what Amanda does.

M.G.

Hey, I wasn't slamming AT. But from what I understand, she was ok with the bf thing until the engagement. I just think she was so hung up on not being Jacks gal that she didn't realize being Petes gal was worse.

Oma-1
September 12th, 2005, 11:52 AM
Hi Lonely Star! I bet you and Lol4Jack had a blast! :p

Baby no6 is doing just fine :) We're nearly half way there. I had a scan a couple of weeks ago - here's a link to the pic if anyone wants to see it. I won't post it here cos I know it freaks some people out :p http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v685/Oma-1/lastscan.jpg

If you still want help with a sig, just let me know what you want in it ;)

minigeek
September 12th, 2005, 11:56 AM
I just think she was so hung up on not being Jacks gal that she didn't realize being Petes gal was worse.I think you're right about that. :)

sueKay
September 12th, 2005, 12:01 PM
Hey hey!

Feeling a bit more ship happy, so I'm just popping in to say hi!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SUGARSHAKER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sueKay
September 12th, 2005, 12:03 PM
Re: AT's comments...I don't really know what to make of them...If she had fun working with David DeLuise, she should make it clear that it was him she enjoyed working rather than giving the impression she enjoyed the Pete storyline...

Well...First day was good...my matriculation picture is hideous though :(

((((Oma)))) Glad to hear that you and baby are fine :D

I'm in a graphics mood, so I'm off to do some siggies and stuff...be back later.

galaxy
September 12th, 2005, 12:21 PM
Baby no6 is doing just fine :) We're nearly half way there. I had a scan a couple of weeks ago - here's a link to the pic if anyone wants to see it. I won't post it here cos I know it freaks some people out :p http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v685/Oma-1/lastscan.jpg

OMG!!!!!! :eek:
Baby no6 (that's not his/her name, is it? I mean I know you love stargate, but you
wouldn't call your kids Fifth, Sixth etc, right? :p ) is SO ADORABLE!!! :D :D :D
I'm glad the little shiplet is doing fine.
Thanks for sharing the pic.

((((((((((Oma))))))))))))

galaxy
September 12th, 2005, 12:40 PM
Well...First day was good...my matriculation picture is hideous though :(

LOL :D

((((sueKay))))
Don't worry about your picture!
The matriculation pictures are all terrible! I've never seen a good one!
Mine is HORRIBLE!!!
And since my student ID is also my bus-, tube- and train-ticket, I have to show it 6 times a day!!!
Most of the train guards are blind now. Ooops :p
Glad to hear your first day was good. :)

pittsburghgirl
September 12th, 2005, 01:01 PM
guys you oughta see what they do to the drivers lisc in this town-oy!

lonely_star
September 12th, 2005, 01:12 PM
hey family
I'm glad I have internet back on my laptop !! yay !! I'll be able to come and write more...well after I'm done with thi freaking report !! :(

(((((((((((((((Oma)))))))))))) thanks for the pic, and the great news. Do you want to know if it's a boy or a girl ?? will you keep us poted ??

((((((((((((((SueKay)))))))))))) don't worry about your pic, I'm sure it' not so bad, and anyway, you don't care, a pic is not making who you are...

I have begun to work on capturing vids in order to make a Sam and Jack vid !! I have the song and the ideas I jut need time..I hope I'll be able to work on it soon...I keep you posted.

and I'll be able to watch seasn 9 episodes too !! a last !!! I'm not looking forward it but Lol4Jack gave me her opinion and well, I have to admit I'm curious to judge by myself now...

well all of you have a nice day, night, and talk to you later!
(of Suz, do you thinnk you'll have time to make the sig with the pics I sent you or don' t you think you'll have time ? not that it's urgent but I'm looking forwar a sig ;) )

sueKay
September 12th, 2005, 01:18 PM
LS - Working on your sig now! :)

Hulabaloo
September 12th, 2005, 01:25 PM
Hey, guys , howz you lot?

smea
September 12th, 2005, 01:32 PM
Hm.. just catching up with everything.

Yeah, I think its great that AT and RDA get along so well off screen.. It really helps their performance on screen, and I guess it makes it more everything between S&J more believable.. :D

Thank you for the pictures! They really cheered me up, and made me forget about school.. :p

And welcome Eoin... but jeeeeeeeez! That thing... I proper screamed, and it got me so shook up I started crying! LOLLL.. good job we dont have heart conditions :D

smea
September 12th, 2005, 01:34 PM

Baby no6? :eek: BRAVE!! But congrats!! :D And that scan.. really is beautiful... good luck with it all *hugs*... how is everything so far??

stargate barbie
September 12th, 2005, 01:55 PM
ok. here we go.

MINIGEEK; tried ta give ya green but it won't let me, so just let me say in response to your recent posts, YOU ROCK!! eloquent, i know.

i think its obvious that AT and RDA are really good friends and get along very well, and i think that that is brilliant for their onscreen chemistry too, and it doesn't hurt that they're both pretty hot. i would be very surprised if that wasn't the case, anyway.

and finally; i LOVED Hart to Hart, remember max? how great was he. and the dog, i think he was called freeway? cute. and robert wagner and stephanie powers were the best. great chemistry.
the difference, though, between shows like that and shows like sg1 are that "hart to hart" began under the foundations that the two lead characters were married. sg1 and shows where the ship has to first develop and then evolve because the characters involved have only just met, are a far more complicated matter. and even at that, sometimes TPTB on a show that begins with a married couple aren't without their stumbles. remember "mad about you"? parts of the later seasons of that show depressed the heck out of me, and i stopped watching.

i have faith in all those involved in making stargate, although i have faith in some more than others. and i'm over the pete thing i think, even though i never want to see any of his episodes again. but part of that is cos those episodes sucked anyway.

and i think amanda did make it fairly clear that she enjoyed working with david deluise more than she enjoyed the character, and i think at first it was just the novelty of showing a small amount of sams softer side, and having a love interest in the background who didn't die.
think about it. if the pete thing were handled better, sam would have a softer side that we would be aware of but wouldn't be faced with too much, she would have a love interest that didn't die, so then everyone could get passed that. that could be gotten out of the way. her boyfriend wouldn't be an already established recurring character. that would have been fine. but unfortunately they dragged it out a bit too much. and apparently even amanda tapping thinks so, and i think she was caught in the middle between really liking david deluise, and not wanting that storyline to continue.

but hey, it all worked out for us in the end, so i'm happy! :D

congatulations to anybody who made it through that ramble. and if you can remember what i said, can ya break it down for me. ya know, gimmie the notes or something? thanks

shipper hannah
September 12th, 2005, 02:14 PM

SIX KIDS?
i dont know how you cope with so many! :eek:
congrats on the new baby :D

sg-1fanintn
September 12th, 2005, 02:20 PM
http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/36/36_12_6.gif Token that's just fantastic! Innocent looking lemon cookies with penguins on the box :p :p :p I'm gonna smile all day just thinking about it :D
Yes, Token, now you must write at least one more.....about what happens post cookie-fest.....squeeee!!!!

Matriculation? I thought that's what you did when you were graduated! Am I having a brain schism? We call them ultrasounds here. Anyway, a girl I used to work with sent hers around the office each time she went to the doctor. We made prints and had them all framed for her when the baby came. It was a hoot!

Personally I'm grinning like a fool over PDL's comment about Amanda's attention shifting when RDA's around... hee... that's the bit I'm concentrating on. There's nothing better than a ship based on real attraction and affection.. nothing at all. :D
Oh, yeah......'course, that's what I'd do too, if I had to choose from PDL and RDA. Wouldn't you?

ST-1, great fic as usual. Annunaki, same thing ;) (I hope you will SOON reciprocatively update your series and "missing something" ;) )
Please get back to work, ladies! We need Perilous, Part 3 immediately! And ST-1, I believe you could milk a fourth part out of that series.....maybe with a big honkin' kiss!!!!!

Other shows, hmm, I know of a movie pair. The Thin Man movies: William Powell and Myrna Loy. *dreamy sigh*
We used to catch those when AMC would show really old movies. They were wonderful! Anyone who hasn't seen them should rent them. What was the dog's name? Was it Astor?

Re: AT's comments...I don't really know what to make of them...If she had fun working with David DeLuise, she should make it clear that it was him she enjoyed working rather than giving the impression she enjoyed the Pete storyline...
Here's a new theory on those comments. AT, being the compassionate person we know she is by reputation, felt bad for DDL because fans hated his character so much. So, she talked in detail about what a nice guy he is (?) and how much she enjoyed working with him. What about that?????

galaxy
September 12th, 2005, 02:27 PM
Baby no6? :eek: BRAVE!! ...

Blame it on her shampoo... :p

galaxy
September 12th, 2005, 02:34 PM
Matriculation? I thought that's what you did when you were graduated! Am I having a brain schism? We call them ultrasounds here...(...)

ROFLMAO :D :D :D

I think you mixed the posts up....suekay and I were "talking" about our matriculation-pics and Oma about her ultrasound pic. ;)

Lord Zedd
September 12th, 2005, 02:38 PM
Hey shippers

I got a question and I think this is the place to ask it. How do you make a music video? How do you edit a stargate video? See I have all the dvd's this week getting season 8 en season 1 of atlantis ;) How do I make a video? What program and such? Little help please. I am working on a video for our forum: stargate omega :D ;) I am counting on you to join ;)

ses110
September 12th, 2005, 03:10 PM
If TPTB got Sam and Jack together Years ago or ended it Years ago the Ship would not be on the front burner.People keep asking about Sam and Jack because the Relationship has not been resolved.TPTB and Actors made the Ship a big issue by dragging in out of the 9 years.I said this before and I'll say it again.I would have been happy with seeing every once and a while Sam and Jack share a Kiss spend time at home eating dinner or watching TV.The Shippers never wanted Daniel and Teal'c gone or the Show to be just about Sam and Jack.

sueKay
September 12th, 2005, 03:17 PM
Heya!

For the record...I love DDL...loved him as Bug in 3rd rock, and I think he's a great guy...just didn't really like the character he got in SG1.

Lonely Star - your sig is finally done...enjoy :D

Som - working on yours now :D

ses110
September 12th, 2005, 03:19 PM
UhSir Brillant post.IMO the whole issue is not that TPTB or Actors do not like the Ship it's that TPTB and Actors try to be both Anti Sam and Jack Ship and pro Sam and Jack Ship at the same time.The Actors and TPTB should follow JM lead and take a stand one way or the other and stop trying to kiss up to both sides.JM said from the start he was a Sam and Jack Shipper and was Anti Sam and Pete.I have no sympathy for TPTB and Actors if they catch Heat for changing there answers all the time.You get what you deserve.

stargate barbie
September 12th, 2005, 04:00 PM
Heya!

For the record...I love DDL...loved him as Bug in 3rd rock, and I think he's a great guy...just didn't really like the character he got in SG1.

Lonely Star - your sig is finally done...enjoy :D

Som - working on yours now :D
agreed. i really think that pete was given a terrible introduction and was irredeemable. i know that most people thought that his later appearances did redeem his character, but i live by the theory that a leopard very rarely changes his spots. just because the writers realised their mistake with his character in chimera, doesn't mean they can fix it by trying to write him differently in later eps.
i still think they should have had sam dump him in chimera, but i guess i can psychobabble away her reasons, but not his actions. i know i wouldn't have been overly fond of the character anyway, which kinda makes me happy that they wrote him as a jerk to begin with.
and i am also one of the few people who didn't feel sorry for him in threads. i don't mean to be too harsh, but he really didn't deserve sam and he should have gotten his marching orders long before then. i felt more sorry for sam than for pete. she was totally screwed up emotionally all along and thats the only reason she stayed with pete, he was just plain manipulative from the getgo.

i do love DDL though. :D

UhSir
September 12th, 2005, 04:26 PM
They could, yes. And I'm not saying they wouldn't do a good job of it, either. I am saying that Amanda doesn't trust them to do that, and still maintain her character's strength and integrity. Which is why she's come across as opposed to an on screen relationship in the past. It isn't because she's against the idea of Sam and Jack being involved. It's because she's concerned the writers will sell off Sam as a casualty to the female stereotype if they go in that direction. If Carter stays away from that aspect of her relationship with Jack, then Amanda perceives that Sam Carter can continue to be a strong, groundbreaking female persona. I don't agree with it, either. I think it's a worthy challenge to write a strong, groundbreaking female persona within the context of a mature relationship; and the potential for dramatic conflict is endless! But I don't think Amanda trusts the current writing team to pull that kind of thing off for Sam. Whether they actually can or they can't is another issue entirely. But that's really what it boils down to. :rolleyes:

You don't think so?

M.G.

If you are asking whether I think Amanda trusts the writers or not, I can't have an opinion because I avoid actor interviews as much as possible. The only knowledge I have of them is what I read in this thread. :S

If you are asking whether I think a relationship with Jack would hurt the persona known as Sam, well, isn't that a given seeing as I'm a pro-shipper? :D

sg-1fanintn
September 12th, 2005, 05:50 PM
ROFLMAO :D :D :D

I think you mixed the posts up....suekay and I were "talking" about our matriculation-pics and Oma about her ultrasound pic. ;)

Well, that's what I get for speed-skimming through some posts during a lull at the office. The joke's on me, FCOL!!!!!

Skydiver
September 12th, 2005, 05:53 PM
hey guys, i'm cross posting this here because i have an idea...you know one thing that this place has in thier possession???? One of the three pictures of sam and jack from POV, the 'wedding' pic

now, they are seeking suggestions for reproductions or things to offer in the future....don't know bout you, but i personally would LOVE to have a copy of that pic, even if it's not auto'd

if folks think likewise, or even if there are other things that they'd like, why not take the survey and tell them??

As many of you know, for the past 5 years, Legends Memorabilia has brought you Props and Costumes from the Stargate production studios. MGM then gave us a licence to produce a range of Stargate memorabilia items. In keeping with the high standards of the show, and knowing that you value quality, we have been diligently studying the viability of bringing you a selection of superior items that we feel would be of interest to you. These include: full size replica props, a range of miniatures, a new series of large format Limited Edition studio art prints, and a spectacular Stargate 'coffee table' art book.

Having now reached the stage that we are ready to introduce some of our new products to the market, we now feel it is important that we take one more step: to let you have your say in what else you would like to see. At the same time, we’d like you to tell us a little bit about what aspects of Stargate you like. This will help us to determine what you might like us to produce; for example, what art we should bring out as prints, or what props you would like to see as miniatures. We want to create things you'll treasure for years to come and to help achieve us this goal, we have prepared a short survey in which we would love to have you participate. This survey is now ‘live’ and can be found on our website at the following address:

http://www.stargateprops.com/survey.htm

Here you will find a few questions about you as a fan, as well as a section where you can tell us what you'd like to see in the future. We can't promise you'll get everything you ask for, but we do promise to listen!

This 'friendly' survey will not ask you for your name and address, and of course, your individual answers are strictly confidential and will not be shared with any third party. Our intention is to summarize and study the results in order that we may better understand the wishes of Stargate fans worldwide. So if you have a few spare moments, please let us know what you think.

We would like to take this opportunity to thank you very much for your collective support of Legends Memorabilia over the years. We look forward to bringing you something special: we can’t wait to find out what it’s going to be.

Sincerely,

Paul Brown
President
Legends Memorabilia Inc.
#104 6360-202 St.
Langley, BC, Canada, V2Y 1N2
Tel: 604.534.1410
Fax: 604.534.5110

www.legends-memorabilia.com
www.stargateprops.com
www.stargate-autographs.com
www.andromedaprops.com

sg-1fanintn
September 12th, 2005, 06:11 PM
Quick! Quick! Go to this hour's ep on Skiffy! A young Paul McGillion (Dr. Beckett on SGA) is playing Katherine's boyfriend in 1945 on The Torment of Tantalus!

Buc252
September 12th, 2005, 06:23 PM
Jack has wondering eyes!

Yes, but he won't be wondering for long! <vbEEEg>

nell
September 12th, 2005, 06:33 PM
Quick! Quick! Go to this hour's ep on Skiffy! A young Paul McGillion (Dr. Beckett on SGA) is playing Katherine's boyfriend in 1945 on The Torment of Tantalus!

Thanks for the heads up, ((((sg-1fanintn)))) but I was busy filling out the memorabilia survey. I usually avoid surveys but I had a suggestion for them after being in Hallmark the other day and not finding any...NONE....Stargate SG-1 ornaments. Not to mention NO 2006 CALENDARS. Imagine that oversight!!! :eek:

sg-1fanintn
September 12th, 2005, 06:35 PM
Thanks for the heads up, ((((sg-1fanintn)))) but I was busy filling out the memorabilia survey. I usually avoid surveys but I had a suggestion for them after being in Hallmark the other day and not finding any...NONE....Stargate SG-1 ornaments. Not to mention NO 2006 CALENDARS. Imagine that oversight!!! :eek:

Oooohhhh! So right! I'd love a big calendar for my office. I've always found the Star Trek and Star Wars ornaments a little weird, though (although I've bought the Enterprise, Janeway orn and a couple of others). I think Hubby summed it up best when he said, "There's just nothing that says 'Christmas' like a Klingon Bird of Prey!" You know, just strange at Christmas......

SG1Poz
September 12th, 2005, 06:37 PM
(((((((((((((((((((((Sally)))))))))))))))))))))

I feel your pain, honey! As for how much one can take... I managed to get throughseason eight... but the overall disappointment sank in hard over the summer... and I did pack it in.

I haven't bothered watching but a coupld eps of season nine, and it just never grabbed me like The Original SG1. Add to that the obvious lack of Ship, the main reason I've been tuning in for the last eight years... and this disgruntled viewer has given up. I've moved on, found a much more fullfilling Ship with an infinitely smarter production team holding the reins. Anyone here (besides Poz, who turned me onto it in the first place; Thanks a gazzillion, my friend!) watch Gilmore Girls? Now *that's* Ship done RIGHT.

But... as I've said before, I still adore Sam & Jack... the first four seasons of their lovestory were truly wonderful, and have given me more than plenty material to manipulate into even shippier directions thanx to the wonderful world of fanfic... And the stories for the second half were still plenty interesting, and left plenty of margins of error to *fix* in fic...

Once more, I say, Thank God for FanFic. It makes being a Shipper truly worth the time and emotional investments involved in such obsessions! ;)

(((Bren)))
Ha HA! I knew you'd love GG's. By the way, this season's premiere is tomorrow night! Yippie! Oh nd also loved your last fic:)

((((SaLLy))) As far as sending that book back, I'll send you the stamps. What you told us makes me sad too. I 've practically given up the ship too.
Those two words that Sam said to Barrett are keeping me a little hopeful ...which is probably what TPTB intended.

Poz

Poz

SG1Poz
September 12th, 2005, 06:40 PM
Happy Birthday SUGARSHAKER!

I hope your partying hardy ! if you're old enough ;)

Poz

nell
September 12th, 2005, 06:42 PM
Oooohhhh! So right! I'd love a big calendar for my office. I've always found the Star Trek and Star Wars ornaments a little weird, though (although I've bought the Enterprise, Janeway orn and a couple of others). I think Hubby summed it up best when he said, "There's just nothing that says 'Christmas' like a Klingon Bird of Prey!" You know, just strange at Christmas......

I suggested these for ornaments: The Stargate and The SG-1 Insignia. Oh, I wonder if it's too late to request THE BIG HONKIN' KISS????? I'm sorry but there's no stopping me working in that cliche whenever I can!!!!! :D :rolleyes: :D

sg-1fanintn
September 12th, 2005, 06:43 PM
Happy Birthday, Sugarshaker!

Token
September 12th, 2005, 07:08 PM
http://bestsmileys.com/birthday1/10.gif
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v334/Token04/Sugarshaker.gif
http://bestsmileys.com/birthday1/10.gif

gwenhwyfar
September 12th, 2005, 07:29 PM
Let me start off by saying I am VERY sorry to all of the AT fans. My previous post was uncalled for. :o I was in a very bad mood last night and what I read only made it worse.

Oma-Your ultrasound pic is so cute! Good luck on baby #6!

I have a question to ask. Would someone help me with a new sig. I am terrable with computers (I can only navigate the net and type in Microsoft Word). I really want a shippy one but I don't know how.

Also, WELCOME to all of the new people!

parsifal
September 12th, 2005, 07:37 PM
hey guys, i'm cross posting this here because i have an idea...you know one thing that this place has in thier possession???? One of the three pictures of sam and jack from POV, the 'wedding' pic

There's been an auction of that photo before, hasn't there? Why didn't the winner just scan the photo?

gatebee
September 12th, 2005, 08:22 PM

Oma ...thanks for sharing. When are you due again, if you don't mind saying. Take care .... wow 6th

ST-1
September 12th, 2005, 08:45 PM
Please get back to work, ladies! We need Perilous, Part 3 immediately! And ST-1, I believe you could milk a fourth part out of that series.....maybe with a big honkin' kiss!!!!!

Hmmm...I'll take your request under advisement! ;)

Regarding DDL/ :eek: , I'm sorry but I just can't see the guy on screen and NOT think of the goofy "Purina Beneful" dog food commercial...the way he smushes the dog's face into a smile and says, "SOOOOO Happyyyyyy!" It was a funny/memorable commercial, but I never could take him seriously after that. When he appeared as :eek: , my immediate thought was, "Hey, isn't that the dorky Beneful guy? How'd he get from dog food to Stargate? WTF?" :D :P

gatebee
September 12th, 2005, 09:00 PM
http://bestsmileys.com/birthday2/12.gif
SugarShaker

gatebee
September 12th, 2005, 09:10 PM
Hmmm...I'll take your request under advisement! ;)

Regarding DDL/ :eek: , I'm sorry but I just can't see the guy on screen and NOT think of the goofy "Purina Beneful" dog food commercial...the way he smushes the dog's face into a smile and says, "SOOOOO Happyyyyyy!" It was a funny/memorable commercial, but I never could take him seriously after that. When he appeared as :eek: , my immediate thought was, "Hey, isn't that the dorky Beneful guy? How'd he get from dog food to Stargate? WTF?" :D :P
which came first DDL kissing SC or the dog. Sorry if this offends people. Don't intend to .
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v205/FilBrit1/ship/alwaysconnected.jpg

gatebee
September 12th, 2005, 09:14 PM
true love can never be denied.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v205/FilBrit1/ship/080e6fe4.jpg

majorsal
September 12th, 2005, 09:26 PM
Hokey Smokes! You are so right. I LOVED that show. Another couple that had great chemistry. And I've seen both in other pairings that had no chemistry so it was definitely those two=one. Just like RDA and AT. *big sigh*

i think amanda and rick would make a wonderful couple! :D

another ship pairing that popped into my head today was Dan Tanna and his assistant Beatrice from the show Vega$.

sally :D

gatebee
September 12th, 2005, 09:32 PM
I am in a shippy mood this early morning.....
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v205/FilBrit1/ship/SamJack_FishEnd.jpg
pic fr Mala

majorsal
September 12th, 2005, 09:38 PM
What it appears to be is that the PTB are just too damn scared to resolve or acknowledge it because they believe the shippers will then abandon the show en masse. I realize there will be certain number of shippers that leave, but I’m willing to bet a majority would stay.

I’m also willing to bet that if things continue the way they are currently going, a larger number will leave due to frustration than would have gone due to resolution.

i think you're right, on both paragraphs. not only is the 'chase' easier to write, it's easier to maintain (than writing a full-blown relationship).

but if you wait too long to let the fans *see* the fruits of their labor, you'll either a- lose their interest, or b- build up expectations that can never be met.

gatebee
September 12th, 2005, 09:49 PM
I think a 9 year "chase" is way too long. Time to bring in the ship.

majorsal
September 12th, 2005, 10:10 PM
and i think amanda did make it fairly clear that she enjoyed working with david deluise more than she enjoyed the character, and i think at first it was just the novelty of showing a small amount of sams softer side, and having a love interest in the background who didn't die.

(snipped)

and apparently even amanda tapping thinks so, and i think she was caught in the middle between really liking david deluise, and not wanting that storyline to continue.

i took amanda's latests remarks highlighting working with david as her way of saying, 'i know the sam/pete storyline didn't go over real well, so i'm saying that the number one reason i enjoyed it was because of david'. kind of reminded me of distancing oneself on something by bringing attention to another aspect of it. just an idea, though.

majorsal
September 12th, 2005, 10:22 PM
Here's a new theory on those comments. AT, being the compassionate person we know she is by reputation, felt bad for DDL because fans hated his character so much. So, she talked in detail about what a nice guy he is (?) and how much she enjoyed working with him. What about that?????

that had actually entered my mind. out of all the comments i've read concerning pete, i've rarely heard anything negative about david. he might not be my cup of tea, but he's far from being homely. but david's a big boy, i'm sure he knows the superficial aspects of working in the entertainment industry.

Personally I'm grinning like a fool over PDL's comment about Amanda's attention shifting when RDA's around... hee... that's the bit I'm concentrating on. There's nothing better than a ship based on real attraction and affection.. nothing at all.

Oh, yeah......'course, that's what I'd do too, if I had to choose from PDL and RDA. Wouldn't you?

well, i actually wanted to squee a bit, but i wasn't sure if it was out of line...

oh, what the heck.

:D :D

Oma-1
September 13th, 2005, 12:53 AM
Blame it on her shampoo... :p
Which after our last shampoo discussion, I have CHANGED :D

lonely_star
September 13th, 2005, 02:10 AM
wow ! family I need your opinion !!!

SueKay made me 3 different sigs !! isn't it great ??!!!
So now I have a problem !! :o they all are very nice so I don't know which one to choose !!! please Help me !!! It's not a death or life question but you'll all see how SueKay rocks !!!!

http://img228.imageshack.us/img228/6042/sigbysuekay20wg.png

http://img228.imageshack.us/img228/9474/sigbysuekay32ju.png

http://img228.imageshack.us/img228/6751/sigfromsuekay0xe.png

I like them all even if I have a preference for the I know one...It's less usual. Let me know, and once again THANKS Suekay!!! (((((((((((((((Suz)))))))))))))))
(:mad: :mad: can't rep you Suz :mad::mad: :( )

Billie
September 13th, 2005, 02:25 AM
lonely_star - What a choice to have to make! I'm torn between 'I know' and 'meant to be' :) I think though I'm with you and my top choice would be 'I know'.

sueKay you are indeed a creative wizz!! :D

Chrysalis
September 13th, 2005, 02:29 AM
Attraction is perhaps among the most basic emotions of all. In the very beginning, there's either a spark there, or there's not. The bigger the spark, the better the "CHEMISTRY" between two actors. Yes, that's why a lot of HOLLYWOOD marriages don't last. Actors play with fire for a living. It's part of the job. Let no one tell you otherwise. "Oh, I was just kissing him, then they turned the cameras off and we broke for lunch...and it was just like BAM, there go the lights. Do you think they have turkey today??"

Amanda comes in each morning, she's SAM CARTER. She turns her on, she turns her off. She breaks for lunch. She turns her back on again. Then off again. She heads home. Now imagine yourself doing that every day. For nine years.

Then do an interview for a magazine where they ask you what it's like to "kiss your co-star!", and consider your husband and your little girl are going to be reading it.

I have a lot of respect for Amanda. I like to think that the husband/daughter factor is why she's one of those actresses who has body doubles for anything 'revealing' that she does. I think that's a sign of respect for her husband --- and before her daughter was born, a recognition that one day she may have children who'd see it. Not to mention her parents!! And all those brothers!!!

Billie
September 13th, 2005, 02:55 AM
Haven't been able to hang out with you guys much lately :( have ended up working so much overtime that even JJ (my new kitten) wasn't sure who the strange zombie looking person falling through the front door at 5am on a daily basis was! Am off to New York tomorrow for a weeks holiday but will definitely be back amongst you when I get back :)

So...seeing as I'm on a packing mission today I haven't got bags of time to read what you guys have been chatting about over the last week, so any chance of a quick synopsis? Any shippy morsels since ExDM??

Am hoping to catch the sg1 S9 double bill while I'm across the pond so I may actually be able to join in some episode chat when I get back...YAY!!

Missed/will miss you all (((shipper family)))

Chrysalis
September 13th, 2005, 03:31 AM
Silly question, purely because I couldn't find the reference here, after going through a couple of pages: what did PDL say about AT and RDA?

Lord Zedd
September 13th, 2005, 04:38 AM
pic fr Mala
I noticed :D :p ;) how sweet

Lord Zedd
September 13th, 2005, 04:41 AM

So now I have a problem !! :o they all are very nice so I don't know which one to choose !!! please Help me !!! It's not a death or life question but you'll all see how SueKay rocks !!!!

I like them all even if I have a preference for the I know one...It's less usual. Let me know, and once again THANKS Suekay!!! (((((((((((((((Suz)))))))))))))))

Perhaps you can make it a rotating signature? Than you have them all 3 in 1.;) :p just a thought :D otherwhise I would go for nr 1 :)

nell
September 13th, 2005, 04:56 AM
((((lonely_star)))) I vote #1, too!!! :p

Ancient 61
September 13th, 2005, 07:25 AM
pic fr Mala

Lets get back on the first page. :) :) :) :)

girlgater
September 13th, 2005, 07:31 AM

I agree completely!

Here's a shippy pic:

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y28/girlgater/infirmarynormal_Abyss_bedside.jpg

I love the way they care so about each other...

sueKay
September 13th, 2005, 08:14 AM
Lonely_Star - you can use all three as a rotating siggy (now that I have the means to make them)...just use the link I gave you :D

lonely_star
September 13th, 2005, 09:09 AM
yep you're right guys !!! I'll do just that !

so in order to celebrate my 400th post !! (it's about time :D ) I present my new rotative sig ! made by SueKay !! :) (((((((((((((((((Suz)))))))))))) thanks for the help !!!!

minigeek
September 13th, 2005, 09:17 AM

so in order to celebrate my 400th post !! (it's about time :D ) I present my new rotative sig ! made by SueKay !! :) (((((((((((((((((Suz)))))))))))) thanks for the help !!!!

Lonely_Star, very nice! SueKay did a great job. :D

M.G. (the 2nd, around here I think! Might need a new abbreviation for my name, eh?!)

dipsofjazz
September 13th, 2005, 09:19 AM

:D Great sigs, and very difficult to chose one only. I think I will go for the third one, as it has Sam and Jack smiling.....and the BIG HONKIN' KISS!! :D

gatebee
September 13th, 2005, 11:16 AM

Lonely_star CONGRATULATIONS on 400 post
cool sig.... SueKay does good work

gatebee
September 13th, 2005, 11:20 AM
totally agree.... shippers on first page please
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v205/FilBrit1/ship/fa1219e8.jpg

gatebee
September 13th, 2005, 11:31 AM
Sam and Jack are setting up a nice couple of weeks together cause SG1 will be in hiatus starting Saturday.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v205/FilBrit1/ship/9bd3daa8.jpg]

Lord Zedd
September 13th, 2005, 11:34 AM
to quote jack :p in hiatus what does it mean? Seriously what does it mean? :p

Lord Zedd
September 13th, 2005, 11:36 AM
totally agree.... shippers on first page please
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v205/FilBrit1/ship/fa1219e8.jpg
what first page? Are you going to make a new thread? Can I have the hounours making a new ship thread please I always wanted to do that :p I know silly but please ;)

shipper hannah
September 13th, 2005, 11:38 AM
to quote jack :p in hiatus what does it mean? Seriously what does it mean? :p

i think it means a break from filming in the middle of a season.

smea
September 13th, 2005, 11:38 AM

Congrats on 400 :D and I heart the sig.. *misses watching S&J*

Any important discussions tonight? I havent talked much about something important for a while :(

gatebee
September 13th, 2005, 11:39 AM
what first page? Are you going to make a new thread? Can I have the hounours making a new ship thread please I always wanted to do that :p I know silly but please ;)
found shipper family thread on page 2 .... can't have that happening
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v205/FilBrit1/ship/b17e1d60.jpg

ST-1
September 13th, 2005, 11:40 AM
((((((((((SHIP FAMILY))))))))) Thanks in no small part to your encouragement, I have managed to grind out a Part 4 to my little shipfic series: All The Way, Focal Point, Aftermath, and now, What It Takes (http://www.gateworld.net/fanfic/archive/40/whatit.html). I don't want to spoil it for anyone, but let's just say I've given y'all what you asked for! ;) :D As always, feedback of any kind is more than welcome. :cool:

P.S. This fic comes with a tissue box alert... :o And a "squee" alert... :D And a minor "thunk" alert for you RDA fans. :P

shipper hannah
September 13th, 2005, 11:41 AM

oh wow they're so cool! :D
i need a sig, can i have whichever one you don't use.. pleeeease?? :o

gatebee
September 13th, 2005, 12:12 PM
just because I know they are having fun beaming from place to place
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v205/FilBrit1/ship/a7d45f54.jpg

sueKay
September 13th, 2005, 12:15 PM
gwenhwyfar, Hannah...

I'm putting the finishing touches to Somnium's sig just now...just PM with your sig ideas :D

gatebee
September 13th, 2005, 01:09 PM
does any one know how many takes were done to achieve this wonderful kiss
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v205/FilBrit1/ship/7dca3781.jpg
pic fr myrth

stargate barbie
September 13th, 2005, 01:16 PM
well i know that i I were amanda or RDA for that matter, i'd insist on a lot of takes. just to make sure they got it right. ya know, for the sake of the show.
now i know that AT is happily married and all, but c'mon, she is only human. and the show is important. :D (allforthesakeoftheshow)

Lord Zedd
September 13th, 2005, 01:17 PM
pic fr myrth
hopefully lots and lots and lots I think. RDA ;) old baster d :p

minigeek
September 13th, 2005, 01:18 PM
pic fr myrthThe more the merrier, gatebee, hey? lol :p

sueKay
September 13th, 2005, 01:22 PM
EEP! Minigeek...you need to remove your last pic...it's breaking forum rules!!!

minigeek
September 13th, 2005, 01:24 PM
EEP! Minigeek...you need to remove your last pic...it's breaking forum rules!!!

Done deal, hun. ;) gatebee informed me right away. It's outaaa here.

Cheers for letting me know guys.

Edit: The guys here saw me makin' that, and made one of ME. Oh boy... it's not half bad, I must say, though I'm not sure I like the color she's (almost) wearing. lol

M.G.

Lord Zedd
September 13th, 2005, 01:24 PM

shouldn't you thank me for giving you the idea :p ;) of a rotating banner :D :D :p just messing with you :p

stargate barbie
September 13th, 2005, 01:27 PM
Don't you hate it when that happens? And igloo-training the new Bear has been h*ll. You'd think they'd make those "puppy-go-potty" mats in Polar-Size, but oh, no... :rolleyes:

.A. (Thank you for the generous invitation sg1fanintn)
I can just imagine. do you have any idea how difficult it is to even find a leprachaun. i mean, i'm a city girl, which in ireland means i have an in-house instead of and out-house and we have a few less fairy rings, but that's where leprachauns hang out! now, i'm gonna have to hop on my wagon and make the trek to blarney, and that's gonna suck because me fiddle broke last week and i've just run out of potatoes and guinness.

sooo... that stargate's a good show eh? i'm sure glad sam and jack are together now....*wanders off whstling random irish ditty* :D

stargate barbie
September 13th, 2005, 01:34 PM

Edit: The guys here saw me makin' that, and made one of ME. Oh boy... it's not half bad, I must say, though I'm not sure I like the color she's (almost) wearing. lol

M.G.
what was the pic?

gatebee
September 13th, 2005, 01:36 PM

M.G.
this is for minigeek
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v205/FilBrit1/ship/destiny.jpg

minigeek
September 13th, 2005, 01:42 PM
what was the pic?

I was saying that I was beta reading Anunnaki's latest chapter for her little story, and she's got Jack in nothing but black boxers as a part of it. Frankly, that sounded yummy to me. But I couldn't find a picture online to satisfy my twisted curiosity to view such a thing in reality. So I co-opted one of the animation workstations here and [ahem] made one. For which I should be consigned to Neetu, because it's a terrible, horrible thing to do to poor RDA. I was bored, and in posession of dangerous software, I'm afraid. :eek:

If it isn't against forum regulations, and you PM me, I can PM you back with a link. But only if it's allowed! I'm afraid I don't know the rules here very well yet. I'll have to go spend some time in the ADMIN section and read up.

M.G.

minigeek
September 13th, 2005, 01:43 PM
Thank you gatebee! :)

gatebee
September 13th, 2005, 01:52 PM
Thank you gatebee! :)
you're welcome
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v205/FilBrit1/ship/PDVD_014.jpg

stargate barbie
September 13th, 2005, 01:54 PM
hey does anyone have a nice shippy avatar, or even just a nice custom avatar that i can use on another forum. sucks that i can't use one here.

Somnium
September 13th, 2005, 01:58 PM
((((((((((SHIP FAMILY))))))))) Thanks in no small part to your encouragement, I have managed to grind out a Part 4 to my little shipfic series: All The Way, Focal Point, Aftermath, and now, What It Takes (http://www.gateworld.net/fanfic/archive/40/whatit.html). I don't want to spoil it for anyone, but let's just say I've given y'all what you asked for! ;) :D As always, feedback of any kind is more than welcome. :cool:

P.S. This fic comes with a tissue box alert... :o And a "squee" alert... :D And a minor "thunk" alert for you RDA fans. :P

Squuuuuuuuuuuuueeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!

Bravo ST-1 I love it, its soooooooooo fab. What more can I say other than truly excellent :D lots of green for you :D

blueiris
September 13th, 2005, 02:01 PM
Excellent!

I tihnk its all a matter of perspective. To anyone who asked it or doubted that they were together, I would tell them it was completely obvious! Plain as day! No doubt whatsoever that Sam and Jack are together! How can you possibly say/see otherwise?!

But within the shipper community, it is a fact but it just wasn't as much (a real this reality kiss) as we'd been lead to believe it would be , expected it to be, or wanted it to be.

IMO of course. :)

SG1Poz
September 13th, 2005, 02:39 PM

I'd say number 3 due, mainly due to that kiss for all shippers to remember, drool and cherish (unless they show us one better and in RL!)

POZ

Somnium
September 13th, 2005, 03:02 PM
I'd say number 3 due, mainly due to that kiss for all shippers to remember, drool and cherish (unless they show us one better and in RL!)

POZ

I agree, it has to be no 3 just for that kiss :D

On the subject of Siggies Id like to say a Big Honkin Thanks to Suekay fo mine :D its so Squuuuuueeeeeeeeeeeee.........

(((((((((((((Suekay))))))))))))))))))))

stargate barbie
September 13th, 2005, 03:07 PM
so i've just been skimming the ask joe thread and apparently jack is not going to be returning this year. so i'm wondering if they are even going to mention him at all this year. cos i seem to recall when we found out he was leaving, they said that that his character would be kept very much alive even though he wouldn't physically be there. now i'm feelin' a little blue about this, but still optimistic. they wouldn't/couldn't just act like he doesn't exist now. cos if they did, i know a lot of people who'd be marching to vancouver to give them a piece of their minds!

anyone got any happy fluffy angstless fic to offer. or at least fic with a happy ending, if it does have angst. i hate angsty endings and i'm bored.

sg-1fanintn
September 13th, 2005, 03:16 PM

I have to vote for "meant to be" because of the priceless expression on Jack's face! sueKay, you do such good work!

lonely_star
September 13th, 2005, 03:24 PM
thanks Anubis :D :D

thanks guys fr your opinion :) i'll have the rotation one anyway so everybody is happy and we see different stuff each time I post (wich is not as often as I'd like :( )

thanks suekay again and I'm out to read the squeeeee and the black boxers fic :D

let's keep the thread on page one !!!

sg-1fanintn
September 13th, 2005, 03:43 PM
so i've just been skimming the ask joe thread and apparently jack is not going to be returning this year. so i'm wondering if they are even going to mention him at all this year. cos i seem to recall when we found out he was leaving, they said that that his character would be kept very much alive even though he wouldn't physically be there. now i'm feelin' a little blue about this, but still optimistic. they wouldn't/couldn't just act like he doesn't exist now. cos if they did, i know a lot of people who'd be marching to vancouver to give them a piece of their minds!.
stargate Barbie . It’s best to stay away from JM’s thread, because it tends to upset people, since he always answers in misleading ways. For instance does “this year” mean 2005 or the season year, which extends til March? One offers more possibilities than the other. And since Don S. Davis personally told trupi that RDA would be back for the season 9 finale, I choose for now to trust that straightforward answer, instead of JM’s misleading one.

I was saying that I was beta reading Anunnaki's latest chapter for her little story, and she's got Jack in nothing but black boxers as a part of it. Frankly, that sounded yummy to me. But I couldn't find a picture online to satisfy my twisted curiosity to view such a thing in reality. So I co-opted one of the animation workstations here and [ahem] made one. For which I should be consigned to Neetu, because it's a terrible, horrible thing to do to poor RDA. I was bored, and in posession of dangerous software, I'm afraid. :eek:

If it isn't against forum regulations, and you PM me, I can PM you back with a link. But only if it's allowed! I'm afraid I don't know the rules here very well yet. I'll have to go spend some time in the ADMIN section and read up.

M.G.
Someone who has been around can correct me if I’m wrong, but I think it is considered to be against forum rules, because it could be construed as being disrespectful to the character, or the actor, if he were to stop by. Since Jack hasn’t appeared that way, it’s probably wrong. But it sounds YUMMY to me too!!!!!

hopefully lots and lots and lots I think. RDA ;) old ******* :p
What are you saying here, _Anubis? That RDA needs more takes ‘cause he’s older? That he doesn’t kiss well ‘cause he’s older? I’m confused…..

jafacakes
September 13th, 2005, 04:02 PM
I have to vote for "meant to be" because of the priceless expression on Jack's face! sueKay, you do such good work!http://img228.imageshack.us/img228/6751/sigfromsuekay0xe.png

Yep, I vote for that one too. Although they are all great ( clap,clap,clap suekay :D ) this one seems more optimistic than the other 2 which are a bit angsty, and we have enough of that .

SG1Poz
September 13th, 2005, 04:10 PM
so i've just been skimming the ask joe thread and apparently ] jack is not going to be returning this year. so i'm wondering if they are even going to mention him at all this year.[/b] cos i seem to recall when we found out he was leaving, they said that that his character would be kept very much alive even though he wouldn't physically be there. now i'm feelin' a little blue about this, but still optimistic. they wouldn't/couldn't just act like he doesn't exist now. cos if they did, i know a lot of people who'd be marching to vancouver to give them a piece of their minds!

anyone got any happy fluffy angstless fic to offer. or at least fic with a happy ending, if it does have angst. i hate angsty endings and i'm bored.

Think this way… this year is 2005, the season finale ends in 2006 ! ‘nough said J

What are you saying here, _Anubis? That RDA needs more takes ‘cause he’s older? That he doesn’t kiss well ‘cause he’s older? I’m confused…QUOTE=sg-1fanintn

I’m guessing Anubis means old = experienced ?

SueKay, you really are on a roll with those sigs J Ex…Cellent!!

Poz

minigeek
September 13th, 2005, 04:11 PM
Don S. Davis personally told trupi that RDA would be back for the season 9 finale, I choose for now to trust that straightforward answer, instead of JM’s misleading one.

To my knowledge, Rick was asked to come back for a further two episodes in season nine; potentially for the finale. That's one of the reasons I'd also asked Joe whether and when we'd see RDA again during season nine. Quite frankly, his comment ("not this year") surprised us all here - because we knew about the offer. Unless he did mean 2006, or something changed in Rick's availability. When did Don mention this to trupi? Before or after he shot Ripple Effect? Do you know?

M.G.

minigeek
September 13th, 2005, 05:00 PM
So apparently it isn't enough that I've been sickly the past couple of days, wandering around the studio with kleenex shoved up my nose (ok so the shoving in the nose part I made up), and being drippy and nasal, I've also been missing out on the best parts of TIFF, dagnabbit!!! But now, I've somehow also managed to become a post-a-holic on the stargate message boards. I just noticed I made 50 posts as of today. Those would be largely during the past couple of days.

So, someone kill me.

Or save me.

But jeeperz, help me out here quick?! Please? :rolleyes:

M.G. [I think I need more cough syrop... oil of oregano, or something...:sniff:]

sg-1fanintn
September 13th, 2005, 05:11 PM
To my knowledge, Rick was asked to come back for a further two episodes in season nine; potentially for the finale. That's one of the reasons I'd also asked Joe whether and when we'd see RDA again during season nine. Quite frankly, his comment ("not this year") surprised us all here - because we knew about the offer. Unless he did mean 2006, or something changed in Rick's availability. When did Don mention this to trupi? Before or after he shot Ripple Effect? Do you know?

M.G.
It was when trupi met him at the Con in New Jersey, which I think was August. But since "this year" could mean 2005 or the season, "next year" could also be part of this season!!!!!

I think trupi is out of town for a few days.....but maybe she'll be back by the weekend!

sugarshaker
September 13th, 2005, 05:14 PM
((((((((((((SHIPPERS))))))))))))

Thank you suekay, galaxy, nell, lonely star, blue iris, sg1poz, sg-1fanintin, token and gatebee (hope I didn't miss anybody) for the wonderful birthday wishes! :) :D :) :D :) :D :)

My lovely staff knows that I hate being (THAT NUMBER) so they gave me a crown that says "Birthday Princess" and a gold, star-shaped wand with sparkly streamers with a big 50 on it. I wore my crown to our department heads' meeting, which was OK because we all act like children anyway. It was a very contentious meeting, and one guy in particular was being a real jerk, so I waved my wand at him and sprinkled him with magic princess dust. It didn't help him much, but it did lighten the mood for the rest of us. ;)

I'm going to sprinkle my magic Birthday Princess dust on TPTB and get us some ship!!!! :D :D :D

girlgater
September 13th, 2005, 05:18 PM

Thank you suekay, galaxy, nell, lonely star, blue iris, sg1poz, sg-1fanintin, token and gatebee (hope I didn't miss anybody) for the wonderful birthday wishes! :) :D :) :D :) :D :)

My lovely staff knows that I hate being (THAT NUMBER) so they gave me a crown that says "Birthday Princess" and a gold, star-shaped wand with sparkly streamers with a big 50 on it. I wore my crown to our department heads' meeting, which was OK because we all act like children anyway. It was a very contentious meeting, and one guy in particular was being a real jerk, so I waved my wand at him and sprinkled him with magic princess dust. It didn't help him much, but it did lighten the mood for the rest of us. ;)

I'm going to sprinkle my magic Birthday Princess dust on TPTB and get us some ship!!!! :D :D :D

((((sugarshaker)))) Sorry I missed your birthday. I admit I don't know you that well, but I've always loved your signature! Don't worry about the #'s, it's what's inside that counts! I'm not too awfully far behind you. Hope you had a good one.

Sam + Jack = Happy Shippers

SG1Poz
September 13th, 2005, 05:41 PM

I hope that special Magic Birthday Dust is in a 50 gal drum LOL!

Poz

Cathain Nottingham
September 13th, 2005, 05:52 PM
Just wondering - I have an idea for a story that would take place on Atlantis but be a S/J ship fic - do you think anyone would still read it since it crosses over?

stargate barbie
September 13th, 2005, 05:56 PM
So apparently it isn't enough that I've been sickly the past couple of days, wandering around the studio with kleenex shoved up my nose (ok so the shoving in the nose part I made up), and being drippy and nasal, I've also been missing out on the best parts of TIFF, dagnabbit!!! But now, I've somehow also managed to become a post-a-holic on the stargate message boards. I just noticed I made 50 posts as of today. Those would be largely during the past couple of days.

So, someone kill me.

Or save me.

But jeeperz, help me out here quick?! Please? :rolleyes:

M.G. [I think I need more cough syrop... oil of oregano, or something...:sniff:]
you're one of us now. mmwwaaa ha ha ha ha!

Buc252
September 13th, 2005, 06:12 PM
i think amanda and rick would make a wonderful couple! :D

another ship pairing that popped into my head today was Dan Tanna and his assistant Beatrice from the show Vega$.

Okay, I adored that show and have every ep on tape, but I *never* saw a ship there. They behaved like siblings, IMO - big sister and little brother, no less. Sorta like . . . Jonas and Sam. <g>

Buc252
September 13th, 2005, 06:15 PM

I'd vote for #3. Not that 1 and 2 aren't gorgeous, but I've seen many signatures that were similar, and #3 is very different and unique.

JMO!

nell
September 13th, 2005, 06:18 PM
Just wondering - I have an idea for a story that would take place on Atlantis but be a S/J ship fic - do you think anyone would still read it since it crosses over?

((((Cathain)))) Sam and Jack Ship fic sounds great in any setting!!! :p :D ;)

Buc252
September 13th, 2005, 06:20 PM
I have a lot of respect for Amanda. I like to think that the husband/daughter factor is why she's one of those actresses who has body doubles for anything 'revealing' that she does. I think that's a sign of respect for her husband --- and before her daughter was born, a recognition that one day she may have children who'd see it. Not to mention her parents!! And all those brothers!!!

I admire actors and actresses who do this, but am concerned with the "body double" aspect. For instance, if Amanda (or any actor or actress who used one)'s son or daughter was at a friend's house, and this friend put a DVD or tape in the player and they got an eyeful of their mom or dad, seemingly naked, do you really think that the child or her/his friends will *care* whether it was really her or not? And I doubt the friends would believe it, either.

It seems like, if it was respect for their future children they were considering, an actor would not do a roll period where they had to *appear* nude, body double or not. I think it's more likely that they'd refuse to do nudity and insist on a body double out of respect for their spouse and possibly their own insecurities.

No offense to Amanda - I'm talking about the use of body doubles by any and all actors who have "no nudity" clauses in their contract.

gatebee
September 13th, 2005, 06:23 PM

TPTB ...magic dust you say..... does the magic dust have dollar signs on them....might just work

Cathain Nottingham
September 13th, 2005, 06:24 PM
((((Cathain)))) Sam and Jack Ship fic sounds great in any setting!!! :p :D ;)

Okay :D It was something I came up with in the shower of all places but it ties in so well with what's going on S/J this season!

nell
September 13th, 2005, 06:29 PM
I see we've got some posting milestones including, ahem, my own at 700!!!

gatebee 4000
Anubis 1900
stargate barbie 900
Cathain 700
lonely_star 400

If I omitted anyone, someone please add their milestone, thanks!!!

SG1Poz
September 13th, 2005, 06:31 PM

I'll follow S/J ship anywhere:)

Poz

Buc252
September 13th, 2005, 06:32 PM

M.G.

It also is possible that, while there was an offer, Rick said no - not because he wasn't available but because of what's been going on in the press for the show. Personally, I have no problem believing this, since they've done nothing but disrespect him since the end of last season. I know I wouldn't be quick to go back to these "people."

Cathain Nottingham
September 13th, 2005, 06:38 PM

gatebee 4000
Anubis 1900
stargate barbie 900
Cathain 700
lonely_star 400

Yeah you forgot one!

Nell 700

Cathain Nottingham
September 13th, 2005, 06:39 PM
I'll follow S/J ship anywhere:)

Poz

Okay I'm glad :D I figured I should ask the S/J girls before I did anything!

nell
September 13th, 2005, 06:51 PM
Okay I'm glad :D I figured I should ask the S/J girls before I did anything!

***blushes*** Thanks!!!!! ;)

Ooops, wrong "post reply" !!! :eek: Thanks for the congrats one post up!! :rolleyes:

ST-1
September 13th, 2005, 07:20 PM
Squuuuuuuuuuuuueeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!

Bravo ST-1 I love it, its soooooooooo fab. What more can I say other than truly excellent :D lots of green for you :D

Thank you! :o Thanks also to everybody else who greened me. Can't wait till I can green people right back! Sadly, I don't think us "Jaffa Fodder" are allowed to do that. :(

Anyway, WRT this fic...I was up until 3:00 this AM trying to get everything just right! You'd think writing a BIG HONKIN' KISS would be easy, but it's HARD! Harder still is writing it while staying true to these particular characters. Since S&J are typically so stolid, writing a romantic scene for them is doubly hard. :rolleyes: What I ended up doing was deleting close to half of the dialog I initially wrote, since historically S&J don't do an awful lot of talking. They do a lot of "meaningful glances" and minor gestures, which...you guessed it...are HARD to write! Throw in detail and emotion, and...well, that's why I was up 'til 3. :P

I can't imagine how torturous it must have been for the show's writers to tactfully insert ship into whole episodes while staying faithful to the characters. This may shed a little light on why they couldn't satisfactorily resolve the ship, and on why they aren't currently pursuing it. I'm sure it got painfully tedious, especially towards the end of S8. :S

Plus, they're guys. :P 'Nuff said. :D

gwenhwyfar
September 13th, 2005, 07:55 PM
minigeek- That RDA pic sounds great to me! Yes I'll admit, I think RDA is (can one say hot here? If not then he is) very good looking!

Cathain- If it is PG-13 or under I'd read it. I have nothing against writers who write over PG-13, some of them are very good writers. I just prefer not to read it.

Can I run a fic idea by everyone? I thought of writing a S/J fic that deals with their romance in a past life. It would be S/J but also them as different characters. Would anyone read that or is it too stupid?

Lexa Jayde
September 13th, 2005, 08:13 PM
minigeek- That RDA pic sounds great to me! Yes I'll admit, I think RDA is (can one say hot here? If not then he is) very good looking!

Cathain- If it is PG-13 or under I'd read it. I have nothing against writers who write over PG-13, some of them are very good writers. I just prefer not to read it.

Can I run a fic idea by everyone? I thought of writing a S/J fic that deals with their romance in a past life. It would be S/J but also them as different characters. Would anyone read that or is it too stupid?

i would gladly read it and i dont thinkn that it would be stupid at all

majorsal
September 13th, 2005, 11:14 PM
well i know that i I were amanda or RDA for that matter, i'd insist on a lot of takes. just to make sure they got it right. ya know, for the sake of the show.
now i know that AT is happily married and all, but c'mon, she is only human. and the show is important. :D (allforthesakeoftheshow)

yes, the sacrifices amanda makes for her craft... what a selfless woman. :p

majorsal
September 13th, 2005, 11:27 PM
Okay, I adored that show (Vega$) and have every ep on tape, but I *never* saw a ship there. They behaved like siblings, IMO - big sister and little brother, no less. Sorta like . . . Jonas and Sam. <g>

well... yeah... i just *wanted* them together! :p

like i wanted doug and susan on ER.

gwenhwyfar
September 14th, 2005, 12:49 AM

DOUG and SUSAN?!?! That's new. I liked Doug and Carol. And was wanting Susan and Mark to get together. I miss the old ER.

Lexa Jayde
September 14th, 2005, 01:08 AM
yes, the sacrifices amanda makes for her craft... what a selfless woman. :p

i agree with you and as Amanda said... "some ones gotta do it"

heehee :p :p :p

i also love the mucking around on the set that we see on the behind the scenes of stargate on the DVDs

lonely_star
September 14th, 2005, 01:41 AM
DOUG and SUSAN?!?! That's new. I liked Doug and Carol. And was wanting Susan and Mark to get together. I miss the old ER.

yep totally agree with you here :( I miss the old ER and Doug and Carol, and Mark and Susan and Mark and Elisabeth and ... ok got to stop here there are so many ships in this show :D

I've just seen THE Ex Deus Machina moment and of course, I squeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeed !!!! that's good !! I so was thinking, poor Agent Barett :D :D

congrats guys !!
gatebee 4000
Anubis 1900
stargate barbie 900
Cathain 700
Nell 700

ST-1 it was worth it going to bed late and deleting a huge part of the dialogue cause it was great as usual :) thanks ! :)

Cathain, it's a good idea and I'll read it for sure...just as I'd be very glad to read more of A major and her gentleman or My I have this dance :D :D (see how subtle is my kick in your b*** :D )

got to go and work all the day guys, I'll be back later on...got this report to write so have a little thought for me please :o :o I wish I had this device they have in Upgrades, so I could type it in a few hours and then hang out with your here :rolleyes:

Daniel's_twin
September 14th, 2005, 06:24 AM
I wish I had this device they have in Upgrades, so I could type it in a few hours and then hang out with your here :rolleyes:

Don't we all? Oh well, happy shipping! :cool:

nickatell
September 14th, 2005, 06:53 AM
What I don't understand is why would JM be vague and say that RDA would not return "this year" when many viewers may not understand about the 2005/2006 thing and leave anyway. Wouldn't it have been better to have said the decision hasn't been made on his part yet or something to that effect? If it wasn't for Don telling Trupi that RDA was coming back for the finale, I would honestly think that he wasn't.

I do know one thing and that is if he doesn't come back for Season 10 in some capacity I think the ship will have sailed. I mean come on how long can you drag this out before even us diehard shippers will give up.

Cathain Nottingham
September 14th, 2005, 07:50 AM

Definately under PG-13 - its sort of a fluff fic :D

And I think that would make a great story! If you write it let me know please!

Cathain Nottingham
September 14th, 2005, 07:53 AM
yep totally agree with you here :( I miss the old ER and Doug and Carol, and Mark and Susan and Mark and Elisabeth and ... ok got to stop here there are so many ships in this show :D

I've just seen THE Ex Deus Machina moment and of course, I squeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeed !!!! that's good !! I so was thinking, poor Agent Barett :D :D

congrats guys !!
gatebee 4000
Anubis 1900
stargate barbie 900
Cathain 700
Nell 700

ST-1 it was worth it going to bed late and deleting a huge part of the dialogue cause it was great as usual :) thanks ! :)

Cathain, it's a good idea and I'll read it for sure...just as I'd be very glad to read more of A major and her gentleman or My I have this dance :D :D (see how subtle is my kick in your b*** :D )

got to go and work all the day guys, I'll be back later on...got this report to write so have a little thought for me please :o :o I wish I had this device they have in Upgrades, so I could type it in a few hours and then hang out with your here :rolleyes:

:D:D I have a new Major chapter that's been done for say, six months! I just haven't posted yet. And I'm working on a new Dance! But the idea I have now - its just sort of a side fluff fic.

trupi
September 14th, 2005, 09:43 AM
What I don't understand is why would JM be vague and say that RDA would not return "this year" when many viewers may not understand about the 2005/2006 thing and leave anyway. Wouldn't it have been better to have said the decision hasn't been made on his part yet or something to that effect? If it wasn't for Don telling Trupi that RDA was coming back for the finale, I would honestly think that he wasn't.

I do know one thing and that is if he doesn't come back for Season 10 in some capacity I think the ship will have sailed. I mean come on how long can you drag this out before even us diehard shippers will give up.
Hi everyone! Home sick today with the flu. Yek! JM is just busting chops (teasing)! We knew that RDA wasn't coming back in 2005. But the 2006 part of season 9 is a different issue. He knows the loyal shippers are not going anywhere (although we scream and threathen). Ignoring JM comments and not biting when he says something which upsets the shippers is the best way to get to JM .

parsifal
September 14th, 2005, 09:55 AM
He knows the loyal shippers are not going anywhere (although we scream and threaten).

He shouldn't be so sure. I know I'm done with S9.

Feel better! :)

Lord Zedd
September 14th, 2005, 10:00 AM

gatebee 4000
Anubis 1900
stargate barbie 900
Cathain 700
lonely_star 400

Wauw I didn't realize I had 1900 posts :p a,d congrats to all of you :p ;)

Hulabaloo
September 14th, 2005, 10:29 AM
i agree with you and as Amanda said... "some ones gotta do it"

heehee :p :p :p

i also love the mucking around on the set that we see on the behind the scenes of stargate on the DVDs

I agree with the Mucking around behind the scenes its really funny. :D

nell
September 14th, 2005, 10:37 AM
Hi everyone! Home sick today with the flu. Yek! JM is just busting chops (teasing)! We knew that RDA wasn't coming back in 2005. But the 2006 part of season 9 is a different issue. He knows the loyal shippers are not going anywhere (although we scream and threathen). Ignoring JM comments and not biting when he says something which upsets the shippers is the best way to get to JM .

Fly by post!!

((((trupi)))) Congrats on 700 POSTS!!!!

I'm not ruffling (did I make up a word) my feathers because I'm counting on Don's sharing his 'insider's' view with you, lynn, sugarshaker, and/or Lol4jack at the NJ Con that Jack's gonna be back!!! Besides AT has been ever reliable with her spoilers and leaks and to date she has not said it was over!!! :p :D :p

That's my story and I'm stickin' to it!!! :rolleyes: ;)

Hulabaloo
September 14th, 2005, 10:47 AM
Oooh wow, 200 posts for me!

sugarshaker
September 14th, 2005, 11:14 AM

Yes. LOTS of takes. LOTS and LOTS and LOTS and LOTS of takes. None of us would want to do any less than our best, now would we? ;)

(Actually, I'm just posting because I know that Stargate Barbie likes my sig! :p )

gatebee
September 14th, 2005, 11:26 AM
Trupi sorry to hear you have the flu. Hope this make you feel better.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v205/FilBrit1/sg1/7272678c.jpg

gatebee
September 14th, 2005, 11:31 AM
Thank you Nell, Anubis, Cathain, and Lonely_star

CONGRATULATIONS
Anubis 1900 post
Stargate barbie 900 post
Cathain 700 post
Nell 700 post
Lonely_star 400

gatebee
September 14th, 2005, 11:36 AM

I want Sam and Jack together the way Harm and Mac got together at the end of season 10 of JAG...
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v205/FilBrit1/sg1/PDVD_116.jpg

gatebee
September 14th, 2005, 11:42 AM
Oooh wow, 200 posts for me!
Congratulations Hulabaloo 200 post

gatebee
September 14th, 2005, 11:47 AM
just because they look so good together
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v205/FilBrit1/sg1/PDVD_110.jpg

trupi
September 14th, 2005, 11:52 AM
Thanks everyone for the get wells and pics. Feel well enough to come on the thread for a while. Hi Sugarshaker, miss you! Hopefully as soon as Carolina gets back, we will get together. IMO-I believe they will get together- we will have our day in the Sun and then we will be doing the shippy dance. Right now we just have to read our fantastic fanfics and dream on!

Hulabaloo
September 14th, 2005, 11:54 AM
Thanks! I watched The First Commandment yesturday, and it is also really shippy.

SPOILERS FOR THE FIRST COMMANDMENT:

I mean at the end, where Hanson gets out a gun, Carter kicks it and Hanson hits her, you should have seen Jacks face. And also at the end where Sam says she could have shot him and ended it.

sueKay
September 14th, 2005, 12:16 PM
Fly by post...

CONGRATS EVERYONE ON THEIR POSTING MILESTONES!!!!!

If anyone else would like a sig...PLEASE PM ME WITH AN IDEA!

BTW - What is going on with Sky One's fantastic Jack thing?

Last week, Paradise Lost lost the vote...now for the 'caring' episode...A Hundred Days has won...WTF? What about Cold Lazarus, or In the Line of Duty, Learning curve, show and tell, Threads???

Oh...and the stupid broadcaster called him 'Captain Jack'...this isn't Star Trek....GRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

/rant

sugarshaker
September 14th, 2005, 12:18 PM
Thanks everyone for the get wells and pics. Feel well enough to come on the thread for a while. Hi Sugarshaker, miss you! Hopefully as soon as Carolina gets back, we will get together. IMO-I believe they will get together- we will have our day in the Sun and then we will be doing the shippy dance. Right now we just have to read our fantastic fanfics and dream on!

Sorry you're not feeling good! Dr. sugarshaker says take one dose of D&C followed immediately by a dose of WoO. If symptoms persist, also take one dose of Threads. If you don't see substantial improvement by that time, intensive therapy is required. Get out your OJ and shipper cookies and take a full-day marathon of your favorite shippy episodes. You'll feel better in no time. :D

smea
September 14th, 2005, 12:22 PM
Fly by post...

CONGRATS EVERYONE ON THEIR POSTING MILESTONES!!!!!

If anyone else would like a sig...PLEASE PM ME WITH AN IDEA!

BTW - What is going on with Sky One's fantastic Jack thing?

Last week, Paradise Lost lost the vote...now for the 'caring' episode...A Hundred Days has won...WTF? What about Cold Lazarus, or In the Line of Duty, Learning curve, show and tell, Threads???

Oh...and the stupid broadcaster called him 'Captain Jack'...this isn't Star Trek....GRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

/rant

A Hundred Days won?! Jeeez... this would have been a much better idea if we could have just chosen out all ALL the episodes, and given our suggestions to what we want to see.. SkyOne dont care about S&J!! :(
There are so many amazing ones that show 'caring Jack'... but oh well. *sighs* maybe I should write to them and tell them how stupid they are :D :p

..Captain Jack... LOLL.. :rolleyes:

trupi
September 14th, 2005, 12:25 PM
Sorry you're not feeling good! Dr. sugarshaker says take one dose of D&C followed immediately by a dose of WoO. If symptoms persist, also take one dose of Threads. If you don't see substantial improvement by that time, intensive therapy is required. Get out your OJ and shipper cookies and take a full-day marathon of your favorite shippy episodes. You'll feel better in no time. :D
This is the flu of he--! If I ate any shipper cookies they would be out of me as fast as I ate them! Just happy that I'm well enough to sit up so I can talk to my shipper family!

trupi
September 14th, 2005, 12:37 PM
Warning--Hope everyone is running virus control on their computer as soon as they get off GW-51 viruses from GW I just cleaned off. (GW is the only site I went today and clean my machine everytime I get off)

sg-1fanintn
September 14th, 2005, 12:52 PM
I’m like SG1Poz…..I’ll follow Sam and Jack fic wherever it goes!!!

DOUG and SUSAN?!?! That's new. I liked Doug and Carol. And was wanting Susan and Mark to get together. I miss the old ER .
ER is my other “must watch” show. I was really sad when all those people left, especially when Anthony Edwards departed…..and I learned of Noah Wyle’s departure around the time RDA made his announcement. That was a double blow! But somehow, ER is much more of an ensemble show, and although I care about some of the characters more than others, I’m interested enough in most of them that one departure (even Wyle!!!!) doesn’t upset me like RDA leaving SG-1 . Let’s face it. Although all four characters play a major role in the show, RDA was the undisputed star. His departure has been harder for me than any I’ve encountered since I was a teen…..and knowing that it was coming is one of the main reasons I sought out Gateworld last spring!

Fly by post!!

I'm not ruffling (did I make up a word) my feathers because I'm counting on Don's sharing his 'insider's' view with you, lynn, sugarshaker, and/or Lol4jack at the NJ Con that Jack's gonna be back!!! Besides AT has been ever reliable with her spoilers and leaks and to date she has not said it was over!!! :p :D :p

That's my story and I'm stickin' to it!!! :rolleyes: ;)
What she said!!!!!

sg-1fanintn
September 14th, 2005, 12:53 PM
Forgot one more thing!

ST-1, you write excellent angst! Do it again!

Hulabaloo
September 14th, 2005, 01:11 PM
I read a hilarius fanfic the other day, where it was a short one and Jack was still Brig Gen and stuff. Anyway he got a present from Atlantis that was a tape, it also said For General O'Neills eyes only. Anyway the tape was a tape of the Daedalus Security CCTV. And Sheppard and McKay had come on and were told that Jack wasnt happy cos McKay had been hitting on his wife, and Rodney denied getting more worried and so on. It was hilarius!

Ahh i did some searching and Voila!

http://www.gateworld.net/fanfic/archive/38/returnto.html

girlgater
September 14th, 2005, 02:15 PM
Warning--Hope everyone is running virus control on their computer as soon as they get off GW-51 viruses from GW I just cleaned off. (GW is the only site I went today and clean my machine everytime I get off)

Fly by post:

Are you using Internet Explorer or Firefox? I prefer Firefox and haven't had any problems with at home catching viruses.

Later..

Nikki
September 14th, 2005, 02:30 PM
I know exactly what all you other UK fans mean. I'm a massive sky one fan because of how often they show stargate but this was ridiculous, they picked the most crap 'caring jack' episode ever, there are sooooooooo many others to choose from and they picked the worst one out of the four weak choices they gave us. :mad: I was rooting for learning curve or any other except for this one!
And Captain Jack...WTF!

Anyway i'm just looking forward to next week, the choices aren't that bad.

gatebee
September 14th, 2005, 02:37 PM
I read a hilarius fanfic the other day, where it was a short one and Jack was still Brig Gen and stuff. Anyway he got a present from Atlantis that was a tape, it also said For General O'Neills eyes only. Anyway the tape was a tape of the Daedalus Security CCTV. And Sheppard and McKay had come on and were told that Jack wasnt happy cos McKay had been hitting on his wife, and Rodney denied getting more worried and so on. It was hilarius!

thank for posting the link. It was very nice. I like short shippy stories.

sueKay
September 14th, 2005, 02:55 PM
gwenhwyfar - CHECK YOUR PMs!!!!!!!

as you were :)

trupi
September 14th, 2005, 03:25 PM
Fly by post:

Are you using Internet Explorer or Firefox? I prefer Firefox and haven't had any problems with at home catching viruses.

Later..
I 'm using Netscape- my husband who repairs computers told me to stay away from MS Explorer. I catch them I just wanted to put a warning to others, be on the alert. Thanks!

sg-1fanintn
September 14th, 2005, 03:43 PM
Forgot to mention---the latest ratings have been posted. But they didn't include the ratings for the late repeats this week, so I can't do a combined tally for you this time. Here's the link:

http://www.gateworld.net/news/2005/09/closeratingsforseptember9s.shtml

stargate barbie
September 14th, 2005, 05:16 PM
ok, posting in bulk here guys, so;
mail call, check the list for your name! :D

MAJORSAL - i too saw the Doug/Susan potential, though wasn't too put out when he ended up with hathaway

SUGARSHAKER - I don't like your sig, I love and adore your sig. look how pretty he is!

HULABALOO - RE: First Commandment; I did see his face, and it was great! it was all like, hey buddy! don't you hurt ma woman! :D

SUEKAY - I heard that captain jack quote, and it angried up the blood! and i can barely bring myself to watch A Hundred Days, so i'm disgusted that it won. i like sams scenes, but i can't stand the woman who plays laira for some reason, and not just cos she's tryin' to steal jack from sam, didn't like her before she was in stargate. ggrrrr.

TRUPI - i've never gotten a virus from GW and i'm using IE (yes i know, i'm an idiot), so i'm starting to think my virus software blows.

if you didn't read your name, don't worry there's always tomorrow. ;)

stargate barbie
September 14th, 2005, 05:22 PM

good story, thanks for the recomendation

minigeek
September 14th, 2005, 05:26 PM
if you didn't read your name, don't worry there's always tomorrow. ;)Darn. And I was on the edge of my chair. Now my butt hurts. Always a bridesmaid...

M.G. http://minigeek.net/random/misc/tissue.gif (anyone have any extra kleenex .. with the lotion? <sigh>)

stargate barbie
September 14th, 2005, 05:38 PM
Darn. And I was on the edge of my chair. Now my butt hurts. Always a bridesmaid...

M.G. http://minigeek.net/random/misc/tissue.gif (anyone have any extra kleenex .. with the lotion? <sigh>)
buck up soldier! i know, i know. it's upsetting when ya don't get a shout out from the Cookie Monster, but i'm sure you'll survive. you're tough M.G.
oh, well, there's your shout out right there. huh. never mind.

sueKay
September 14th, 2005, 06:23 PM
sueKay presents...

her BUMPER SIG GIVEAWAY!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've made THIRTY THREE SIGS, and if you want one...PM me with the name of the one you want :D

DO NOT HOTLINK THEM!

Dedications...

Yellow Cookies - dedicated to SHIP NANA!
http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b298/suz_k/yellowcookies.jpg

Dedicated to the Jack/RDA thunkers
http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b298/suz_k/thunkers.jpg

Dedicated to THE SHIPPER FAMILY!
http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b298/suz_k/shipperencounter.jpg

Dedicated to MAGNIFICENT MALA!
http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b298/suz_k/potatoheadatsixoclock.jpg

Dedicated to MEI MEI!
http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b298/suz_k/meimeific.jpg

sueKay
September 14th, 2005, 06:25 PM
Some Funnys...

Fantasies...
http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b298/suz_k/alltheseyearsoffantasising.jpg

Innocent?
http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b298/suz_k/butterwouldntmelt.jpg

Neither am I!
http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b298/suz_k/dowelooklikemorningpeople.jpg

Typical Men
http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b298/suz_k/fineyoudrive.jpg

Hats all folks!
http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b298/suz_k/hatsallfolks.jpg

sueKay
September 14th, 2005, 06:26 PM
Some more...there's a LOT more :D

Touche
http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b298/suz_k/footsietouche.jpg

The O'Neills
http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b298/suz_k/windycity.jpg

D'oh!
http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b298/suz_k/whosideatogocamping.jpg

Videotape?
http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b298/suz_k/ussiryousure.jpg

Stuck!
http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b298/suz_k/stucktomyface.jpg

I saw this...
http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b298/suz_k/sawthisthoughtofyou.jpg

sueKay
September 14th, 2005, 06:29 PM
THE GREAT SNIFF DEBATE - an homage to HOT SHOTS!
http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b298/suz_k/newperfume.jpg

Technobabble
http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b298/suz_k/layoffonthetechnobabble.jpg

The transparent feeling
http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b298/suz_k/feelingtransparent.jpg

sueKay
September 14th, 2005, 06:31 PM
The 'Fan' series :P :D

Confused, Fangirl
http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b298/suz_k/confusedfangirl.jpg

Smitten, Fangirl
http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b298/suz_k/smittenfangirl.jpg

Fanboy 1
http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b298/suz_k/fanboy.jpg

Fanboy 2
http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b298/suz_k/fanboy2.jpg

Fangirl 1
http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b298/suz_k/fangirl.jpg

Cathain Nottingham
September 14th, 2005, 06:32 PM
THE GREAT SNIFF DEBATE - an homage to HOT SHOTS!
http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b298/suz_k/newperfume.jpg

*laughs* OMG that is so something Jack would just nod his head to!

sueKay
September 14th, 2005, 06:34 PM
And...I've saved the shippiest ones to last...The 'Kismet' series there's more of this series I've not done yet.

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b298/suz_k/kismet4.jpg
http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b298/suz_k/kismet3.jpg
http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b298/suz_k/kismet2.jpg
http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b298/suz_k/kismet1.jpg

sueKay
September 14th, 2005, 06:41 PM
And...all piccies courtesy of http://stargatesg1971.com!!!!!!!

jafacakes
September 14th, 2005, 06:55 PM
Some Funnys...

Fantasies...

Innocent?
http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b298/suz_k/butterwouldntmelt.jpg

Neither am I!
http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b298/suz_k/dowelooklikemorningpeople.jpg

Typical Men
http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b298/suz_k/fineyoudrive.jpg

Hats all folks!
http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b298/suz_k/hatsallfolks.jpg

Brilliant ! Just brilliant all of them, although I love the morning people one :D
And this one http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b298/suz_k/potatoheadatsixoclock.jpg
is perversely funny
Isn't it a tad late for you though ? No uni tomorrow morning? Obviously there was no home work today ;)

sueKay
September 14th, 2005, 06:56 PM
Well...I gotta go to bed now...feeback please :D

night night...shippy dreams and don't let TPTB bite!

sueKay
September 14th, 2005, 06:58 PM
Jafacakes - homework done and dusted until I can get to the short-loan books on friday...I'm off tomorrow and back in on Friday, so I'm fine!

Glad you likey, and if you want that one, just let me know :D

gatebee
September 14th, 2005, 07:06 PM
((((((( SUEKAY )))))))))..... they are all sooo soooo soooooo awesome. Pity I can only green you onces.

Buc252
September 14th, 2005, 07:07 PM
Forgot to mention---the latest ratings have been posted. But they didn't include the ratings for the late repeats this week, so I can't do a combined tally for you this time. Here's the link:

http://www.gateworld.net/news/2005/09/closeratingsforseptember9s.shtml

Do we have ratings yet for the viewers' choice marathon on the 2nd? I'd really love to see how they compare to the new, first-run eps.

sg-1fanintn
September 14th, 2005, 07:11 PM
Do we have ratings yet for the viewers' choice marathon on the 2nd? I'd really love to see how they compare to the new, first-run eps.

I haven't seen any, but it would be nice to compare, wouldn't it? Everyone in the UK seems disappointed with the eps that were picked for their marathon, but I think we got some of the best eps. Does anyone know where we could find ratings for that night?

sueKay
September 14th, 2005, 07:24 PM
Forgot some!
http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b298/suz_k/shesgivingmethatlook.jpg

Bliss
http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b298/suz_k/bliss.jpg

stargate barbie
September 14th, 2005, 07:47 PM
needless to say, i am LOVING the cookie one. well, all of 'em really, but mainly the kissy ones, and especially the cookie one.

stargate barbie
September 14th, 2005, 08:12 PM
Forgot some!
http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b298/suz_k/shesgivingmethatlook.jpg

Bliss
http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b298/suz_k/bliss.jpg
how could you forget the wedding pic!?! :eek: for shame suekay!

gwenhwyfar
September 14th, 2005, 11:03 PM
'walks in, sees the place is empty' Ok. Where have all the shippers gone? This was on the second page! Of course it IS 11:00 pm my time...

Ok, I must say something shippy. Um...Sam and Jack are the best couple on tv???

Ah forget it. I'm going to go watch WoO.

'Night to anyone who is here.

lonely_star
September 15th, 2005, 01:21 AM
OMG OMG !!! SueKay they are all so great and funny and cute !!!!!!! I love them all !!!
Like my shipper friends I like the yellow cookies ;) the kisses, the potatohead and the wedding pic, but I LMAO when I saw that

:D :D you rock !http://yelims.free.fr/Forum/Panneau23.gif!

Lexa Jayde
September 15th, 2005, 01:49 AM
you guys are soo kooky... but hey... we are like that arent we... over in the Shep/Weir, we are all the same... i love the atmosphere in these threads... thank you for all being fuzzy and warm... :D

divcon
September 15th, 2005, 06:06 AM
Ok this is not good, we're not on the front page. Time to do something about this.

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b187/divcon/gracekiss.jpg

Just cause Jack is gone, there is absolutly no reason for the ship to sink. In our hearts the ship is sailing through the rough waters that are the writers. Jack is at the helm and Sam is his first mate.

They are going to sail off into the sunset and live happily ever after if only in our hearts and minds.

sueKay
September 15th, 2005, 07:01 AM
Thankies for all the green folks :D

remember...if you wanna use one...just drop me a PM :D

blueiris
September 15th, 2005, 07:43 AM
And...I've saved the shippiest ones to last...The 'Kismet' series there's more of this series I've not done yet.

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b298/suz_k/kismet4.jpg
http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b298/suz_k/kismet3.jpg
http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b298/suz_k/kismet2.jpg
http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b298/suz_k/kismet1.jpg
There are all wonderful, but these are my favorites. They say it all!

gwenhwyfar
September 15th, 2005, 08:18 AM
Yay! I now have a really cool signature too! Thank you very much sueKay!!

Oh, I have started my S/J past life fic, for those of you interested. It is also a crossover with the Diana L. Paxson book Ancestors of Avalon. But I won't use the name Atlantis for the Sea Kingdoms. To avoid confusion. :)

trupi
September 15th, 2005, 09:57 AM
Feeling a better today and going to start my marathon of favorite episodes. Any recommendations for sick bed patient? I have seasons 1-7

Rune
September 15th, 2005, 10:58 AM
Fly-by posting :)

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y6/Naquadah/Jack/neworder/neworder-100.jpg

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y6/Naquadah/Jack/neworder/neworder-98.jpg

pittsburghgirl
September 15th, 2005, 11:04 AM
Feeling a better today and going to start my marathon of favorite episodes. Any recommendations for sick bed patient? I have seasons 1-7
well aside from the "C" episode-anything that has the word Unas in it-or has an Unas in it-except for the one in Thor's Hammer.

Does anyone get the impression that I seriously dislike the Unas episodes?