PDA

View Full Version : Sam Carter/Jack O'Neill Ship Appreciation Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 [50] 51 52 53 54 55 56 57

trupi
September 7th, 2005, 08:43 PM
Lynn-JM said that"O'neill won't be making any reappearence this year" (2005). The second part of the season doesn't start until Jan. 2006. He's teasing us again or he calling Don Davis a lier!

sg-1fanintn
September 7th, 2005, 09:00 PM
Teasing!!! Teasing, teasing, teasing!!!! Get away from that thread, ladies! It'll just keep you up at night!

Teasing! ALWAYS TEASING!

nell
September 7th, 2005, 09:13 PM
Night ladies! I'm going to read a little bit before I nod off! ;)

P.S. Lynn, my PM is not working. Grrrrrr! I'll PM tomorrow.

majorsal
September 7th, 2005, 09:35 PM
JM just posted this reply on the Ask Joe thread in regards to Ex Deus Machina

Quote:
Originally Posted by MedusA
Joe, mate, top job on Ex Deus Machina. Now, down to business, highlight below for a question regarding the aforementioned epode. Those of you not into spoilers, I suggest you move on

SPOILERS (Highlight below to read):
That little tid bit of information Sam gave to Agent Barret regarding her single/not singleness, is that all we'll be getting on that issue this season, or can we expect a bit of elaboration?

PS. nice to see you and Paul on the season 8 special features.

His Answer was "That's it for now."

Hmm :-(

BUT for NOW. ;)

i appreciate him giving us the headsup. but he also gave us something to hold onto. he could have just said that's it. but he added 'for now', and it made the difference. at least for me.

sally :)

majorsal
September 7th, 2005, 09:44 PM
((((sg-1fanintn)))) Thanks for finding the silver lining that I failed to see!!! My reasoning powers were compromised at the mere hint of negativity on JM's part!!! So, let's see what hidden Shippy message that Sam and Jack's phone call will reveal!!! I just hope that we hear Jack's voice on the other end. His face whilst he speaks will be the best.

i want to say something... i've noticed that shippers are preparing for a sam/jack phone convo. amanda never said they were going to *show* sam and jack sharing a phone convo, she only said they talk on the phone. as much as i HATE to burst anyone's hopes and dreams, i don't want to see another 'mobius' letdown with expectations that weren't lived up to. so, shippers, be prepared that the only phone convos between sam and jack are going to be hinted at or done off screen. forewarned is forearmed to me.

(((shippers)))

be prepared. stay strong. keep the hope.

joe's answers tonight actually made me feel *very* good about things.

sally :D

majorsal
September 7th, 2005, 10:17 PM
Oh he's in a very talk ative mood tonight.

JM says, and this one doesn't need a spoiler tag...

Quote:
Originally Posted by majorsal
hi, joe,

here's a question i've wondered about for some time. do the writers of stargate consider the sam/jack relationship as a love story, or just two ppl that are attracted to one another, etc? i'm just trying to understand the whys and wherefores on this issue.

sally

JM - "Just two people who were drawn together by a mutual attraction that developed over time."

not sure i like this answer. :/

i can see the relay not being thought of as a true love story at the beginning of the show, but with everything they've been through, i consider it one 'now.'

well, i hope the resolution of their journey will be worth it.

sally :/

majorsal
September 7th, 2005, 10:30 PM
Yep. You're right. That's how it happens. My hubby and I knew each other for 6 years before we started dating, dated 9 years before we got married and then had our first baby before our first anniversary (although she was a premmie!).

Yep - that's how most people fall in love (although hopefully most people don't take as long as Sam and Jack and me and my hubby!! Tee Hee :-) )

:p

i seem to be on different wavelengths with most shippers tonight. :o

his answer - "Just two people who were drawn together by a mutual attraction that developed over time."

it bothered me because whether it didn't start off as a love story, i see it as one now and wanted him to confirm it. but i guess... i can see what you guys are saying. but i didn't ask joe about their history, i asked him about the here and now of their statis. BUT, developed means a- to grow by degrees into a more advanced or mature state, and b- to increase or expand. but did joe mean the attraction grew or what came of it?... :S too. much. thinking....

girlgater
September 8th, 2005, 04:52 AM
Hi shipper family!

Long time no see...real life has been extremely busy and I've poked my head in a few times in the last week (but didn't have anything to add to the conversation). However, I had to put in my take on JM's comments from last night.

I think that he's given us another hint at things to come and how TPTB feel about the relationship. They may not want it out (the relationship) in everyone's view, but they do at least acknowledge that it is part of the story-line. The fact that JM said "for now" is a wonderful tease. I agree with majorsal that it's better than a plain old
"that's it" .

I'm looking forward to Friday's episode, but I'll have to tape it, or watch it when it airs again at 11:00 as my son has a football game. Perhaps it will have something in it for us shippers.

Take care everyone and keep shipping!

LOL4JACK
September 8th, 2005, 06:10 AM
Hi Shippers need some help.... I know that this has been asked over and over again.

I will be traveling for about 4 weeks this weekend, no Stargate :( and will have a hard time joining the forum :(

My list of fics have gone down to almost nothing and I would love a suggestion of fics that I could put in my PDA for 1 month worh :p ... completed is a must... I get so frustrated when they are good and they are not finished...

Thanks!

gate_girl12
September 8th, 2005, 06:25 AM
Hi Shippers need some help.... I know that this has been asked over and over again.

I will be traveling for about 4 weeks this weekend, no Stargate :( and will have a hard time joining the forum :(

My list of fics have gone down to almost nothing and I would love a suggestion of fics that I could put in my PDA for 1 month worh :p ... completed is a must... I get so frustrated when they are good and they are not finished...

Thanks!

LOL4JACK... my suggestion is anything by Gail R. Delaney, particularly her fic "Always". It's long...and soooo wonderful. Even mentions the yellow kitchen. :)

EDIT: Another great one is "Same as it ever was" by sue Corkill. Both can be found at SJD

Yay, I got my book by Sally Malcolm "A Matter of Honour" today. Go Angus and Robertson, and for only $14.95 (beats Minotaur!). So I will be engrossed in that for a while.

For all those who aren't feeling so hot, or have been having a bad day/week/month/year/decade/life :s I completely understand. Got told last week that I have to go into hospital for a very minor operation. So... I too need fanfics to tide me over for a week of recovery at home. Any other suggestions???

Back onto topic: Sam and Jack rule. Mutual attraction is always the basis for great and everlasting love.

UhSir
September 8th, 2005, 06:40 AM
Totally off-topic, but this answer from Joe made me laugh out loud.

Hi Joe, I hope you are doing well, but I guess you are busy, busy, very busy as you write in your blog, it's the time when you are going over 3/4 eps at the same time , we miss you....

I just watched Prodigy with the audio comentary, I didn't know that you and Paul wrote the song for the opening credits... I love that song.. and I'll miss it... Did you also write a song for the Atlantis DVD's comentary? Have you come up with some lyrics for the 10sec opening?

Sure. The lyrics to the 10 sec opening are: "Staargat-!" Da-da-da-dum.

Equinox
September 8th, 2005, 07:02 AM
Totally off-topic, but this answer from Joe made me laugh out loud.

LOL!! Amasing tallent at song writing~ lol

Lynn
September 8th, 2005, 07:31 AM

Thanks!
LOL4Jack,

You MUST read "What will it take?' by SG-1 Fanfic if you haven't done so already. It is awesome and is 75 (yes I said 75) chapters long!! (Lot's of angst and loving in this one) http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2071449/1/ (I'm sure you can find it in one piece posted elsewhere)

For something funnier try "Small Favors" by Eve8 (28 Chaps) http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2294057/1/

"Reap what is sown" by Karabou is amazing as well and has 28 long chaps http://www.fanfiction.net/s/1999024/1/

I'll think of more and let you know.

Also there is a site that hosts Stargate fics that are of Novel length - just what you're looking for. Try here and let me know what you think http://www.shahrazad.net/~sgnovels/archive1/romdh.html

Lynn :-)

Oma-1
September 8th, 2005, 08:53 AM
L4J - Sorry you're going to be away from us again! Thank goodness for FF saving our sanity for times like this :)

I'd recommend just about anything by Kate McCaye - but her latest (finished just yesterday) is great - Compromising Positions: A Very Sticky Situation. All the CP series is great! I LMAO loads reading them. Here's the link to her stuff.

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/625070/

Token
September 8th, 2005, 09:19 AM
I can't believe I was right!! :rolleyes: It's kinda scary!! :eek: The spoilers for "Crusade" are on GW.

http://www.gateworld.net/news/2005/09/firstinfoonisg-1iscrusade.shtml

Here is my post I made which was pure speculation at the time...

http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost.php?p=4451822&postcount=10795

Lynn
September 8th, 2005, 09:25 AM
L4J - Sorry you're going to be away from us again! Thank goodness for FF saving our sanity for times like this :)

I'd recommend just about anything by Kate McCaye - but her latest (finished just yesterday) is great - Compromising Positions: A Very Sticky Situation. All the CP series is great! I LMAO loads reading them. Here's the link to her stuff.

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/625070/

Oma - I totally agree :)

Also if anyone hasn't read Kate's Birthday Traditions Series that's very cool too ;)

gwenhwyfar
September 8th, 2005, 09:37 AM
gate girl12 and LOL4Jack- If you are looking for fics, (sorry, I don't know how to put in links) I suggest at fanfiction.net, anything by Jojo6. None of her fics are very long, but she has abour 40 or 50 posted. Then there are my fics under the name Earllyn. Most are shippy or if not, friendship.

I have to get back to RL now. "pouts" I don't wanna! Oh, wait, yes I do. Today is the final episode of Jewel in the Palace!

Oma-1
September 8th, 2005, 09:45 AM
I can't believe I was right!! :rolleyes: It's kinda scary!! :eek: The spoilers for "Crusade" are on GW.

Ya don't think RCC lurks here too?????? Maybe he comes to scope out ways to annoy us shippers :rolleyes:

galaxy
September 8th, 2005, 09:50 AM

You were right?!?!?
So Jack is really a woman??? :eek: :eek: :eek:
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO....!!!!!

Oh.....you meant Vala's pregnancy....*phew* :rolleyes: :D :D :D

Token
September 8th, 2005, 09:56 AM
You were right?!?!?

Hey! You never know!!! ;) :p

More speculation! JM did say that Jack wouldn't come back this year; he didn't say Jackie wouldn't show up!! :eek: :eek:

galaxy
September 8th, 2005, 10:03 AM

More speculation! JM did say that Jack wouldn't come back this year; he didn't say Jackie wouldn't show up!! :eek: :eek:

*sticks fingers in ears*

"I can't hear you! Lalalalalalalalaalalalalaaaaaaaaa.." :p :D

Lynn
September 8th, 2005, 10:04 AM

Oh that made me laugh so much that someone just popped their head in my office to ask what was so funny!!!! :p

Oma-1
September 8th, 2005, 10:17 AM
Finally had chance to watch the Vids MB and SNY have posted recently. Great job!

MB - I haven't seen Amanda in anything other than Stargate, so it was really strange to see her as journalist! Was the P-90 hiding just out of camera shot? :p I loved it :D

SNY - I love your tribute vids. You captured the essence of the ep - that Sam had to let go the things that were preventing her from finding happiness. I loved the way you cut from Grace saying "I don't want anything, but you do." straight to the infirmary and Sam and Jack smiling at each other. Also, it really hit me watching your vid when you cut from Jacob saying to Sam to "let go" to Jack coming to talk to Sam that tptb were blaming Sam's lack of a love life on Jack. When really the "hidden truth" was that he was the solution!

waterfall
September 8th, 2005, 10:31 AM
F. I don't want to answer that question because if I drive you nuts, I'm certain you'll tune in.

I think this is the most likely answer, and the sad thing about it is, it works and has for me for 9 yrs now..... http://www.thescifiworld.net/img/smilies/stargate/panneaux/tealc-pancarte04.gif

waterfall

Rogue
September 8th, 2005, 11:00 AM
Oh good grief! I just read the spoilers for Crusade. Maybe I should just cut my loses now and find something else to watch on Friday night.

BrenRen
September 8th, 2005, 11:13 AM
Oh he's in a very talk ative mood tonight.

JM says, and this one doesn't need a spoiler tag...

Quote:
Originally Posted by majorsal
hi, joe,

here's a question i've wondered about for some time. do the writers of stargate consider the sam/jack relationship as a love story, or just two ppl that are attracted to one another, etc? i'm just trying to understand the whys and wherefores on this issue.

sally

JM - "Just two people who were drawn together by a mutual attraction that developed over time."
Damn.

Just when I thought they couldn't, wouldn't sink any lower... They go and say *that*. I'm sorry, I know many many family shippers here managed to see that in a positive light, and I really don't wanna take away from that, but...

They have just completely and thoroughly cheapened and degraded what I have long said was one of the best in sci-fi history, ranking right up alongside Han and Leah, and Mulder and Scully... But not anymore. With that little statement, they have as much as said, it didn't mean squat, the feelings aren't that deep at all, and, just as I suppose I should have expected from a show totally and thoroughly geared for the young male demographics, all about sex.

Gee, to think that I had believed their story was all about Love.

Respect.

Honor.

Duty.

Deep, abiding faith, trust, and true admiration.

Sacrifice.

I guess I was as much the fool as Pete.

Only two words come to mind now: "Never again."

[/Rant]

trupi
September 8th, 2005, 11:30 AM
Ladies and Gentlemen please ignore JM comments. Italian men are raised to annoy. When you have lived with Italian men as long as I have (raised with 2 brother, 2 male cousins and my father and uncle) you start to ignore any comments because the typical Italian men loves to annoy (there is an Italian word but don't know the spelling). They get pleasure when you yell back and turn red. They do it more! Lets take a breath and go on a merry shipper way-----and remember to ignore and smile!

sueKay
September 8th, 2005, 11:32 AM
(((Bren)))

Completely agree...

as for Vala's pregnancy

That's what the Peacekeeper wars are for...NOT supposedly top-notch sci fi.

Well...They've already lost me as a viewer...I have s1-7 on DVD and that'll do me fine!

shelsfc
September 8th, 2005, 11:35 AM
BrenRen, I have to disagree with you, I took something completely different from that answer!

I think that's exactly what it is. He says it started with a mutual attraction - perfectly true, but there's no reason to assume that it was just a sexual attraction. And it has definitly developed over time, into a beautiful, meaningful relationship based on all the things you said - "Respect, honour, duty, faith, trust, admiration and sacrifice."

galaxy
September 8th, 2005, 11:42 AM
Ladies and Gentlemen please ignore JM comments. Italian men are raised to annoy. When you have lived with Italian men as long as I have (raised with 2 brother, 2 male cousins and my father and uncle) you start to ignore any comments because the typical Italian men loves to annoy (there is an Italian word but don't know the spelling). They get pleasure when you yell back and turn red. They do it more! Lets take a breath and go on a merry shipper way-----and remember to ignore and smile!

((((Trupi))))

Finally!!! Someone who can understand what I'm going through every day! :rolleyes:
I whole-heartly agree! The angrier you get the happier they are.
Stay calm...that makes them angry! muhahahaha... :D

BrenRen
September 8th, 2005, 11:42 AM
(((Bren)))

Completely agree...

as for Vala's pregnancy

That's what the Peacekeeper wars are for...NOT supposedly top-notch sci fi.

Well...They've already lost me as a viewer...I have s1-7 on DVD and that'll do me fine!
((((((((((SueKay))))))))

Thanx for the support!

They've completely lost me as both a viewer and supporter.

The only universe remotely related to them is the world of fanfic, where we can actually get it right.

I've also come to the decision that I absolutely *HATE* Robert C Cooper. I totally blame him for the destruction of the Ship. I went over to the eps section to take a look at the writing teams....

Before I go any further on this, I'll warn ya,my head's really foggy with a sinus infection/bronchitis comob...

In my not too humble opinion, there seems to be two major writing camps: Robert, the anti-ship camp, and Joe, the Ship camp, and the other writers and directors seem to take their cues accordingly in developing the script and filming. I am also basing this on the various interviews, posts, and other comments that have come directly from these people.

I can practically hear the writers meetings as they determine the stories for the season... and the *discussions* ensuing as the two camps do all they can to *compromise* with regards to the ship. And much to my disgust, Robert won. He ekpt the ship to the back burner as much as he could, and fruthermore did everything possible to twist those shippy moments into something negative, or bittersweet at the very best.

I'm done with SG1. As done as I am with X-Files; I rarely even bother to watch those reruns, and I adored that series for a very long time. I still enjoy the fanfic though! Just as I will continue to do with Sam & Jack.

[/Rant #2]

Thank you very much for letting me get that off my already full-of-enough-crap chest!

BrenRen
September 8th, 2005, 11:47 AM
BrenRen, I have to disagree with you, I took something completely different from that answer!

I think that's exactly what it is. He says it started with a mutual attraction - perfectly true, but there's no reason to assume that it was just a sexual attraction. And it has definitly developed over time, into a beautiful, meaningful relationship based on all the things you said - "Respect, honour, duty, faith, trust, admiration and sacrifice."
It's the "Just" and the implied denial of the "Love Story" that upset me.

Everyone is absolutely entitled to their own view. I'd be the last person to blast anyone for disagreeing with me... I'm too used to being disagreed with to let it bother me anymore. Getting older and wiser also comes with thicker skin.

Besides, discussion isn't that interesting when everyone agrees.... then all you get to read is page after page of "me too!"... Not much fun there!

:D

Long live the Ship, all the same!

Token
September 8th, 2005, 11:48 AM
((((((((((((BrenRen))))))))))))) I gotta keep you happy!! I can't have one of my favorite Ship writers in a rant! http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/11/11_2_104.gif (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZSzfw003) Let it all out!

I notice that JM didn't say that they are "just attracted to one another". He said they are "drawn together". I like that! It means they can't help themselves! They have been trying for 8 years to resist the urge to be completely together. What is a love story anyway? To me, it is when two people are "drawn" together, who overcome obstacles to eventually be together. Han and Leia were drawn together! They were from different backgrounds with different life directions. Leia tried to push Han away by critizisim, namecalling and playing the "Luke angle"; but she couldn't help herself! The UST was well played!

JM gave some good quotes from the recent Stargate Magazine that I have been meaning to post. I gotta do that! *wanders off to find article*

BrenRen
September 8th, 2005, 11:52 AM
((((((((Token)))))))))

Thank you Token!

I definitely feel better now... Well, Ship-wise that is!

And I still adore Joe, he's the single saving grace for the ship in the dredge of stargate-writer-universe. ((((((((JM)))))))

And of course, I still adore Sam & Jack... and fear not, I have no plans to give up the fic-writing anytime soon! And if & when that day comes, I'll be sure all my Danlging WIPs are nice and neatly tied up! :D

parsifal
September 8th, 2005, 11:53 AM
BrenRen,

I'm with you. An unending willingness to justify the producers' choices (or lack thereof) only enables their idiocy. Makes shippers look like doormats as well.

galaxy
September 8th, 2005, 11:54 AM

Yep, I agree with everything you said.
That's exactly how I understood his answer.
And actually it sounds quite positive, because with "just" he makes it sound like something natural and completely legitimate, something for that it is absolutely okay to exist in this show.
There were times when it seemed like it's not, so I'm satisfied with what he said. :)

waterfall
September 8th, 2005, 12:06 PM

Wow Token, you have the gift of clairvoyance!!
Does this make you a god(ess) now??
Either that or your starting to think like TPTB...oooohhhh that's scary :eek:
I'd rather be a god(ess)
OK everybody.....

http://www.thescifiworld.net/img/smilies/stargate/panneaux/anubis-pancarte01.gif

waterfall

waterfall
September 8th, 2005, 12:08 PM
You were right?!?!?

LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

waterfall

Token
September 8th, 2005, 12:08 PM
Ok, here we go.... The interview was done by Darren Sumner.

Question: Tell us your overall impression of season eight and how you wrapped it up. Are you happy with it?

Mallozzi (edited based on what I found interesting:p ) : "You know what? I think actually season eight was one of my favorite seasons. (:S) At the end of every season I always go over and rate the seasons according to my favorites. Season four has always been my favorite. (:D) Season eight comes a close second. I think it goes four, eight, seven, six, five." <snip> "We wrapped up the Goa'uld. I think we wrapped up the Sam/Jack 'shipper' debate..." (:rolleyes: please!)

Martin Gero: "And the Sam/Pete..."

Mallozzi: "Yeah, we wrapped up the Sam/Pete. We put that to bed, thank God. I was never a big fan of the Sam and Pete thing. You know I just find them so clingy and annoying when they were together." ( Too right!)

galaxy
September 8th, 2005, 12:09 PM
http://www.thescifiworld.net/img/smilies/stargate/panneaux/anubis-pancarte01.gif

Wow, you have a sign for everything. :D

waterfall
September 8th, 2005, 12:18 PM
((((((((((((BrenRen))))))))))))) I gotta keep you happy!! I can't have one of my favorite Ship writers in a rant! http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/11/11_2_104.gif (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZSzfw003) Let it all out!

I notice that JM didn't say that they are "just attracted to one another". He said they are "drawn together". I like that! It means they can't help themselves! They have been trying for 8 years to resist the urge to be completely together. What is a love story anyway? To me, it is when two people are "drawn" together, who overcome obstacles to eventually be together. Han and Leia were drawn together! They were from different backgrounds with different life directions. Leia tried to push Han away by critizisim, namecalling and playing the "Luke angle"; but she couldn't help herself! The UST was well played!

JM gave some good quotes from the recent Stargate Magazine that I have been meaning to post. I gotta do that! *wanders off to find article*

Token, you are a goddess!!!

All hail the goddess of Ship and optimism!!! http://bestsmileys.com/bowing/2.gif

:D :D :D

waterfall

Token
September 8th, 2005, 12:22 PM
((((((((Token)))))))))

Thank you Token!

I definitely feel better now... Well, Ship-wise that is!

And I still adore Joe, he's the single saving grace for the ship in the dredge of stargate-writer-universe. ((((((((JM)))))))

I'm sorry you are feeling sick! I'll send Dr. Jack right over! ;)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v334/Token04/Jack/JackTent.bmp

I'm glad at least one of TPTB show his Shipper nature. It's interesting that JM said in his thread that Robert Cooper is responsible for "not exactly" I'm considering sending him a "Thank you" card. I'm sure he doesn't get many of them.

And of course, I still adore Sam & Jack... and fear not, I have no plans to give up the fic-writing anytime soon! And if & when that day comes, I'll be sure all my Danlging WIPs are nice and neatly tied up! :D

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!! Is there anything worse than dangling Ship??? :eek: :p

Uber
September 8th, 2005, 12:27 PM
Finally had chance to watch the Vids MB and SNY have posted recently. Great job!

MB - I haven't seen Amanda in anything other than Stargate, so it was really strange to see her as journalist! Was the P-90 hiding just out of camera shot? :p I loved it :D

SNY - I love your tribute vids. You captured the essence of the ep - that Sam had to let go the things that were preventing her from finding happiness. I loved the way you cut from Grace saying "I don't want anything, but you do." straight to the infirmary and Sam and Jack smiling at each other. Also, it really hit me watching your vid when you cut from Jacob saying to Sam to "let go" to Jack coming to talk to Sam that tptb were blaming Sam's lack of a love life on Jack. When really the "hidden truth" was that he was the solution!Amanda's been in a lot of things beside Stargate.

Of course I included Stargate in the clips, but for the record, I also included clips of her from the following:

The Outer Limits (The Joining)
Due South (Starman)
Life Or Something Like It
Traffic
Earth Sea
The Haunting of Lisa
Booty Call
Degree of Guilt
Newsroom (Dinner at Eight)
Stuck
The Void
X-Files (Avatar)
Kung Fu: The Legend Continues (Shaolin Shot)
Millennium (Borrowed Time)
Rent-A-Kid
Danielle Steel's Rembrance
Proof Positive
Black Top
What Kind of Mother Are You

As far as Stargate goes, I included the following clips:
Several behind the scenes clips
Director's series clips
Cut scene from Heroes 2
"Maybourne, you are an idiot" scene from Foothold
"Teal'c reads tabloid" scene from Point of No Return
"Geek!Sam berates herself" scene from Moebius 1
"Geek!Sam gives thumbs up" scene from Moebius 1
"Sam in awe of event horizon" scene from COTG
"Jack shoves Sam through the Gate" scene from COTG
"Sam gets promoted" scene from New Order
"Sam and Jack salute" scene from New Order
"Sam tests duplication device on plane" scene from Foothold
"Anubis!Sam kicks guard in the chest" scene from Lockdown
"Jolinar!Sam whacks Jack in the head" scene from ITLOD
"Pilot!Sam flies F302" scene from Covenant
"Geek!Sam and Geek!Daniel watching video" scene from Moebius 1
"Jolinar!Sam dying" scene from ITLOD
"Sam watching Wormhole Xtreme footage" from Wormhole Xtreme
"Geek!Sam leaves Jack's boat" scene from Moebius 1
"Sam gets snarky with McKay" scene from Redemption 2

There are also several interview clips as well as two clips of Amanda winning awards...

:cool:

Token
September 8th, 2005, 12:36 PM
Waterfall, stop it!! http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/4/4_13_6.gif (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZSzfw003) It just so happens that I'm feeling in an optimistic mood! :D "It's an honor to serve." ;)

I still can't believe my absurd speculation about Vala seems to be coming true. Thank goodness they didn't do it to Sam!! :eek: Let's hope that isn't the only story or the finale will suck!

stargate barbie
September 8th, 2005, 12:44 PM
i actually feel ok if not good about what JM has said. i don't think the "just" part of the answer should be read into too much at all. i don't think anything in stargate is nor should it be a "love story" as such, but having elements of a love story is beneficial to making the characters more human, so long as it is done so in a way that does not make the characters seem less believable. and i believe that, with only a few exceptions in 8+ years, they have managed to do this on stargate.

s/j is the only stargate pairing that i have ever really shipped for. even in atlantis i can see good potential between certain characters, but i don't give a monkeys if they get together or not as long as whatever happens is dealt with well.

and as far as i'm aware, AT mentioned in jest that sam and jack talk on the phone. in a very cute way i might add. so i don't think we'll be hearing any phone conversations. although i do really hope that RDA comes back at the end of the season, but only if they do actually acknowlege the ship. even if its only with a look of a brief touch as in the briefing scene in moebius. but i now doubt as to whether he will or not.

so.... while i do hold out some hope for more shippy bits, i'm relatively happy with what we've gotten so far, and i wont hold it against TPTB unless the sink the ship.

anyway, i've been typing for a while now, and i've forgotten what my original point was, so i'm gonna stop now.

stargate barbie
September 8th, 2005, 12:46 PM
You were right?!?!?

tried to green you but it wont let me. i was about to type up something very similar to this. :D

i can't believe all this time i've had the hots for a chick! ;)

lonely_star
September 8th, 2005, 12:48 PM
heya guys !! just stopping by to say that I just talked to Carolina (LOL4Jack) on the phone, and that was great, I can't wait until sunday ! :) cause she's leaving the thread to come in France !! yay ! :p
anyway I love my family !!! ;) (((((((((((((((family)))))))))))))

Lynn...wow ! you sure understand what S&J go through with such a life !!! 6 years and then 9 years !!! :eek: how many babies ? I hope you'll catch (or already caught) back the time you "lost" :D I'm sure it's what S&J would/will/are do(ing) :D :D

about JM comments, I do not worry...the first one does not sound as bad too me... "it's all for now", well that means there is more to come, and that's great news ;)

ok, going to read some fics, I hope you'll find a good long one Carolina ;)

MB I sure voted for your vid ;) it's GREAT !

SNY haven't had time to watch yours yet..got to look for it on my other hardrive :S

SueKay, great family site, but too bad we can't sign the guestbook without being a member...can't you change that ??

waterfall
September 8th, 2005, 12:54 PM
I read the spoilers for "Crusade" and thought I'd take a crack at predicting what's gonna happen in season 10 (if there is a season 10) so I was thinking...WHAT??? :p
Hey, it worked for Token!!

Vala is pregnant and she has no idea how she got that way until the Asguard come clean and tell SG-1 that there was some kind of "transporter malfuntion" when they all beamed up to the Prometheus together and that due to the naquida in both Vala's and Sam's blood and due to that "joining thingie" that it caused the beaming accident and the baby Vala is carrying is really Sam's!!
When Sam is pressed about the baby's father and the Asguard find out that it's Jack's they decide to mount a rescue mission to get her because time is swiftly running out for them and their genetic problems and this child could be the answer that they seek.

WHAT??? ....yeah, I'm on vacation this week...ahhh, too much time on my hands...but I'm a shipper, I can dream, can't I??? http://www.thescifiworld.net/img/smilies/stargate/speciaux/love.gif

waterfall

Uber
September 8th, 2005, 12:54 PM
Ok, here we go.... The interview was done by Darren Sumner.

Question: Tell us your overall impression of season eight and how you wrapped it up. Are you happy with it?

Mallozzi (edited based on what I found interesting:p ) : "You know what? I think actually season eight was one of my favorite seasons. (:S) At the end of every season I always go over and rate the seasons according to my favorites. Season four has always been my favorite. (:D) Season eight comes a close second. I think it goes four, eight, seven, six, five." <snip> "We wrapped up the Goa'uld. I think we wrapped up the Sam/Jack 'shipper' debate..." (:rolleyes: please!)

Martin Gero: "And the Sam/Pete..."

Mallozzi: "Yeah, we wrapped up the Sam/Pete. We put that to bed, thank God. I was never a big fan of the Sam and Pete thing. You know I just find them so clingy and annoying when they were together." ( Too right!)Yup. Debate over.

They're together...and there's no debating that.

waterfall
September 8th, 2005, 12:59 PM
Waterfall, stop it!! http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/4/4_13_6.gif (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZSzfw003) It just so happens that I'm feeling in an optimistic mood! :D "It's an honor to serve." ;)

I still can't believe my absurd speculation about Vala seems to be coming true. Thank goodness they didn't do it to Sam!! :eek: Let's hope that isn't the only story or the finale will suck!

but it's a compliment....I swear!!!!
I like the way you try to keep everyone optimisticly shippy!!!

waterfall

sueKay
September 8th, 2005, 01:02 PM
Lonely Star - Sorry...I cant :(

But I encourage all homepage-less shippers to sign up...It took all of five minutes for me to put that site together!

I really am getting sick of Stargate now...I don't watch anymore and I only go to a few threads and one other forum now...

I also find Vala's 'Virgin' pregnancy very insulting...and I'm not even religious...what is she meant to be? the second virgin mary?

Well...I've had enough :rolleyes:

I thought I had bad enough treatment with Trek...but this is getting to be downright embarrassing and painful to watch.

ChevronSeven
September 8th, 2005, 01:04 PM
Yup. Debate over.

They're together...and there's no debating that.

That's right, because they're meant to be!

http://img17.imageshack.us/img17/399/samjackdc9qq.jpg

UhSir
September 8th, 2005, 01:15 PM
Oh good grief! I just read the spoilers for Crusade. Maybe I should just cut my loses now and find something else to watch on Friday night.
Oh Good Grief is the same thing I thought after reading the Crusade spoilers.

Or was it after I reminded myself that I wasn't going to read spoilers after reading the spoilers?

Or was it after I smacked my forehead after reminding myself that I wasn't going to read spoilers after reading the spoilers?

Oh Good Grief!

Cathain Nottingham
September 8th, 2005, 01:50 PM
Okay...I'm not exactly sure what to say here.

If anyone reads this than that's great and if not, well I know I'm a 'newbie' so sometimes its just easier to chat / respond to people you've gotten to know so I don't take it personally.

Anyway I found this icon by icon_ascension on LJ and I felt the need to post it up here, I know most everyone is in a bit of a funk, for what reason I don't know - but remember it was just a week ago that we couldn't stop talking about this: http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b21/cathain_n/ne-icon_ascension.gif

Hulabaloo
September 8th, 2005, 02:05 PM
Im guessing Season 9 isnt going so well?

Well, im a Brit so i havent seen it yet.

stargate barbie
September 8th, 2005, 02:07 PM
Okay...I'm not exactly sure what to say here.

If anyone reads this than that's great and if not, well I know I'm a 'newbie' so sometimes its just easier to chat / respond to people you've gotten to know so I don't take it personally.

Anyway I found this icon by icon_ascension on LJ and I felt the need to post it up here, I know most everyone is in a bit of a funk, for what reason I don't know - but remember it was just a week ago that we couldn't stop talking about this: http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b21/cathain_n/ne-icon_ascension.gif
have i told you lately that i love you? :D niiice. ya gotta love that

Cathain Nottingham
September 8th, 2005, 02:10 PM

I don't think its doing too badly at all. It was odd having no Sam and Vala around but now that Sam's back it's getting interesting.

Rogue
September 8th, 2005, 02:19 PM
Lonely Star - Sorry...I cant :(

But I encourage all homepage-less shippers to sign up...It took all of five minutes for me to put that site together!

I really am getting sick of Stargate now...I don't watch anymore and I only go to a few threads and one other forum now...

I also find Vala's 'Virgin' pregnancy very insulting...and I'm not even religious...what is she meant to be? the second virgin mary?

Well...I've had enough :rolleyes:

I thought I had bad enough treatment with Trek...but this is getting to be downright embarrassing and painful to watch.

Actually it is almost laughable. A virgin pregnancy for Vala the space tramp. So is this child suppose to be the savior of the universe? I guess the ran out of ideas to lift from Star Trek so they have moved on to the bible. I am going to stick with my original thought, Good Grief!

UhSir
September 8th, 2005, 02:24 PM

First impressions were pretty ugly, but I found a second viewing eased the pain somewhat. It's not real happy, shipper-wise so far and the spoilers are the usual vagueness so... No.

I'm keeping my hopes up. If the PTB don't sink the ship this season, I'll be happy. I don't expect resolution this season, and probably never, but I am going to keep watching in case there is a teeny hint.

sueKay
September 8th, 2005, 02:43 PM
On a more positive note - since Vala's baby will undoubtedly be the savior of the universe...she may be too busy bringing him up to be in s10

One can only hope...

Ship Nana
September 8th, 2005, 02:46 PM
I'm sorry you are feeling sick! I'll send Dr. Jack right over! ;)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v334/Token04/Jack/JackTent.bmp

I'm glad at least one of TPTB show his Shipper nature. It's interesting that JM said in his thread that Robert Cooper is responsible for "not exactly" I'm considering sending him a "Thank you" card. I'm sure he doesn't get many of them.

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!! Is there anything worse than dangling Ship??? :eek: :p

Is that something like a dangling participle?

Jack definitely wouldn't like that!!!

Of course I mean the dangling Shippy thingy!! :D

ses110
September 8th, 2005, 02:50 PM
We can only hope sueKay.I hope I'am wrong but it does not look like Jack will be making an appearance.It looks like another episode of the Daniel and Vala Show.I did not fall in Love with SG-1 because of guest characters getting all the attention.It will be very strange not to see Jack with the Ori making big moves.

Somnium
September 8th, 2005, 03:02 PM
Puts on rose tinted glasses
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v475/Shelby_SG1/HeartGlasses.gif
Sticks fingers in ears and hums......... (loudly)

Thinks positive S&J Shippy Thoughts

I refuse to be put off by any negative comments, so I choose to ignore them and remain optimistic :D RL is bad enough IMO so I have to stay positive ;)

Uber
September 8th, 2005, 03:07 PM
Puts on rose tinted glasses
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v475/Shelby_SG1/HeartGlasses.gif
Sticks fingers in ears and hums......... (loudly)

Thinks positive S&J Shippy Thoughts

I refuse to be put off by any negative comments, so I choose to ignore them and remain optimistic :D RL is bad enough IMO so I have to stay positive ;)Insert my "rose colored glasses" animation here...

Rune
September 8th, 2005, 03:35 PM
Quick drive-by posting again, was watching The Light again recently and as usual got wondering what might have happened had Teal'c not yelled out ;) :D

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y6/Naquadah/Jack/light/light-78.jpg

stargate barbie
September 8th, 2005, 03:44 PM
Quick drive-by posting again, was watching The Light again recently and as usual got wondering what might have happened had Teal'c not yelled out ;) :D

they would have kissed. damn that Teal'c! :mad:

Queen Eleta
September 8th, 2005, 04:00 PM
LOL!! Amasing tallent at song writing~ lol

He's just as good at writing lyrics as he is at writing 'ship!! :D

*just teasing* *not really*

LOL4JACK
September 8th, 2005, 07:08 PM
(((Gate_girl12))) (((Lynn))) (((Oma))) (((Gwenhwyfar)))

Thanks so much for the recomendations... some I've read and there are many still to discover...

I'm sad that I haven't posted much lately and will be difficult to keep up the next month :( but I'll keep on reading, whenever I can peek in... Keep the news, keep the spoilers.... stay positive... I know they are together :p... Love Joe... he's still with us and tries to keep the ship floating or at least the excitement...

I'll be meeting Lonely Star this Sunday and I'm so exicted!!!!! My first experience was just to great, (((Trupi))) (((Lynn))) (((SugarShaker))) we had a blast...it is so great to get to meet all of you... Hmmm I wonder how long is it going to take me :D anybody in Mexico City or Dallas? I'll be flying down in October :p

Read you soon :p

nell
September 8th, 2005, 07:14 PM
Joe Mallozzi says about Sam and Jack,

"Just two people who were drawn together by a mutual attraction that developed over time."

Right here, right now, I'm focussing on this line from the mouth of one of TPTB. I'm also remembering that we were anxious and upset last spring from the spoilers and chatter that painted a bleak picture for Season 8 BUT we got Threads' scenes. I know, I know, some of you were more than disappointed with so much so late and undeveloped. But, I gobbled it up and I'm holding out for some few bones that will be thrown our way this season, too. I gotta have the hope or I'm left with a big, fat ZERO!

Hopeless Romantic, nell :rolleyes:

pittsburghgirl
September 8th, 2005, 07:18 PM
as far as what JM had to say about Sam and Jack-and that means what? exactly?

you know-I am sure that there is an endless supply of fertlizer up there.

nell
September 8th, 2005, 07:30 PM
LOL4JACK,
Go to the Sam and Jack Fanfiction awards noms address below:

http://www.samandjack.net/sjfa/nominations.html

Three of my favorites among the many are:
Rumours of my death have been exaggerated by Ted Sadler
The Little Red Engine That Could by Ana Lyssie Cotton (R)
The Agar’ja Series by Celeste

Remember Annunaki on fanfiction.net, too!

Buc252
September 8th, 2005, 07:32 PM
:p

i seem to be on different wavelengths with most shippers tonight. :o

his answer - "Just two people who were drawn together by a mutual attraction that developed over time."

it bothered me because whether it didn't start off as a love story, i see it as one now and wanted him to confirm it. but i guess... i can see what you guys are saying. but i didn't ask joe about their history, i asked him about the here and now of their statis. BUT, developed means a- to grow by degrees into a more advanced or mature state, and b- to increase or expand. but did joe mean the attraction grew or what came of it?... :S too. much. thinking....

I, also, am not very happy with this answer. His response makes it sound like Sam and Jack are just two people who grew an attraction over the years. Not an *affection*. An *attraction.* One is emotional, and one is almost purely physical. And as everybody knows, a relationship based solely on physical attraction can never last.

:(

Buc252
September 8th, 2005, 07:37 PM

Wait a minute . . . . We can't have any resolution to the ship - kissing, weddings, whatever - because it's too soap-opera-ish, yet they can write in a mysterious pregnancy for Vala????

This makes no sense whatsoever!!!!!

http://bestsmileys.com/angry1/5.gif

nell
September 8th, 2005, 07:42 PM
My story and I'm sticking to it.....developed into a love relationship! *Season 9* "Not exactly." This is our only and best confirmation that after the fishing trip some words and feelings were shared. How much of a relationship they have over the long distance, I don't know. But, I think they took IT out of the room!!! So, unfortunately, the development may, if recon is true, be slowed down! I hate that but I gotta hope anyway. ;)

Buc252
September 8th, 2005, 07:54 PM
Actually it is almost laughable. A virgin pregnancy for Vala the space tramp. So is this child suppose to be the savior of the universe? I guess the ran out of ideas to lift from Star Trek so they have moved on to the bible. I am going to stick with my original thought, Good Grief!

Y'know, your comment about "ripping off" ST reminded me. I haven't watched any Next Generation eps in years, and I never did enjoy DS9 that much, but isn't what ST called a "Trill" really a nearly carbon-copy of a Goa'uld? Or, actually, more of a Tok'ra? It's so blatant, it's almost scary.

About the only difference is that a Trill goes in through the abdomen, and a Goa'uld goes in through the neck. Majel Roddenberry should sue!!! <g>

ses110
September 8th, 2005, 07:58 PM
Mary I was going to post the same exact thing.TPTB are once again going all out and turning the Show over to a guest character and an annoying one at that.I might have to reconsider watching the rest of Season 9 if TPTB are going to go off the deep end with Vala and the Season finale.The Show is starting to go down a road I'am not comfortable with.I may have to only tune in to the episodes RDA appears in.

Queen Eleta
September 8th, 2005, 08:05 PM
Y'know, your comment about "ripping off" ST reminded me. I haven't watched any Next Generation eps in years, and I never did enjoy DS9 that much, but isn't what ST called a "Trill" really a nearly carbon-copy of a Goa'uld? Or, actually, more of a Tok'ra? It's so blatant, it's almost scary.

About the only difference is that a Trill goes in through the abdomen, and a Goa'uld goes in through the neck. Majel Roddenberry should sue!!! <g>

Also, Troi had a (possible spoiler)mysterious pregnancy, that was an alien who wanted to experience human life./

sg-1fanintn
September 8th, 2005, 08:08 PM
Damn.

Just when I thought they couldn't, wouldn't sink any lower... They go and say *that*. I'm sorry, I know many many family shippers here managed to see that in a positive light, and I really don't wanna take away from that, but...

They have just completely and thoroughly cheapened and degraded what I have long said was one of the best in sci-fi history, ranking right up alongside Han and Leah, and Mulder and Scully... But not anymore. With that little statement, they have as much as said, it didn't mean squat, the feelings aren't that deep at all, and, just as I suppose I should have expected from a show totally and thoroughly geared for the young male demographics, all about sex. [/Rant]
Whoa! How did you get all of that out of that comment? Relax, girl, it's ok. Take this into consideration:
1. JM's purpose is to keep fans interested. To do that, he says things that are sometimes disturbing.
2. JM is a guy! If you asked most guys how they fell in love with their significant other, and they actually agreed to discuss it, they'd probably say something similar. Guys view romance differently than women do. Remember, JM also said he thought it was obvious that they resolved the ship at the end of S8.
Really? I didn't get my big honkin' kiss!

JM is just being JM, and most of the time, that means he's being vague and misleading. I'm just saying that's part of his purpose in being here. He hasn't ruined or degraded anything. He just doesn't express it as poetically as one of us would. Is it brusk and kinda jerky? Yep. But it doesn't change a thing. I like what shelsfc says:

I think that's exactly what it is. He says it started with a mutual attraction - perfectly true, but there's no reason to assume that it was just a sexual attraction. And it has definitly developed over time, into a beautiful, meaningful relationship based on all the things you said - "Respect, honour, duty, faith, trust, admiration and sacrifice."[/font]

It is what it is.....the greatest love story ever in sci-fi.

Ignore JM.

sg-1fanintn
September 8th, 2005, 08:19 PM
Joe Mallozzi says about Sam and Jack,

"Just two people who were drawn together by a mutual attraction that developed over time."

Right here, right now, I'm focussing on this line from the mouth of one of TPTB. I'm also remembering that we were anxious and upset last spring from the spoilers and chatter that painted a bleak picture for Season 8 BUT we got Threads' scenes. I know, I know, some of you were more than disappointed with so much so late and undeveloped. But, I gobbled it up and I'm holding out for some few bones that will be thrown our way this season, too. I gotta have the hope or I'm left with a big, fat ZERO!

Hopeless Romantic, nell :rolleyes:
You're not hopeless. You're right.

I also recently discovered annunaki, whoever he/she is.....and really like the stories he/she writes. Very nice use of phrasing and imagery.

Good night, all! Not nearly enough time to be here tonight!

nell
September 8th, 2005, 08:25 PM
You're not hopeless. You're right.

I also recently discovered annunaki, whoever he/she is.....and really like the stories he/she writes. Very nice use of phrasing and imagery.

Good night, all! Not nearly enough time to be here tonight!

Ahem, phrasing and imagery!! Yes, very nice! :p Night, dearie! ;)

majorsal
September 8th, 2005, 08:53 PM
rant time - off topic - other ship parings/other shows

i was reading in an entertainment magazine and they were giving spoilers for upcoming returning shows that i watch. i won't say which shows i'm talking about (as to not spoil for anyone), but...

*in one, i was happy that these two kissed in the last ep of the season. and i found out that when the show returns, they'll just part as friends. *surprise, eh?*

*in the second, i knew these two would never really get together (there's a history that prevents then ending happily ever after), but it still ticks me off that i found them more appealing than the preferred/predestined ship. but they've shipped the pairing i like from the beginning of this show, and then last season, added 'another' for the female... in a *very* similar fashion of the sam/pete introduction... ticked me off.

*one of the two just recently died, so that ruins the whole ship pairing. (and i just got into them)

*these two i'm basically not interested in at all, but my mom and sis are. and i read that they're going to have them get together eventually (the writer guesses), but until then, they're going to give 'others' for both of them. *joy. not*

*the last one ticked me off the most, because it was the one i was really interested in. this show is new, and they're shipping two guys for this one girl. but we know the girl's heart belongs to the real hero of this story. and i really like them together and individually. so when i read last night that they're not going to have them get together (at least this upcoming season), but that they're giving a love interest for the guy... and that the actress playing the girl doesn't want to be in this guy's shadow, so is happy to not have this ship played (right now?)....

suffice it to say, shippers, stargate's not the only one to string their shipper fans along. and torture them with 'others'. or lead them on with hoped-for resolutions. man, talk about cliche'...

sally http://forum.gateworld.net/images/gw_smilies/rolleyes.gif

majorsal
September 8th, 2005, 08:56 PM

*nods*

sally :S

ses110
September 8th, 2005, 08:56 PM
Trupi I though Don did not know when RDA would be appearing again?Even if RDA does return for the Season finale it does not sound like he will have much to do thanks to Vala.Unless RDA returns for the second half of the Season finale.I really hope we see RDA because Season 10 is a long way off.I would hate to have to wait for Season 10 even if RDA is in the first episode of the Season.The way I'am feeling I really want to skip the rest of Season 9 but I will probably watch the rest of Season 9.I'am a glutton for punishment.

majorsal
September 8th, 2005, 09:11 PM

see, at first, i saw it in the 'less than' light, but my mom and another shipper friend didn't.

i wanted joe to come right out and say it's a love story. and i also got confused by the mutual attraction that developed over time line. was he saying the attraction developed over time (i thought it was there from the beginning), or that it developed over time into something deeper?... this is what happens when you're used to deciphering someones answers... you do it so much that you can't read what's in front of you.

i'm now taking this as a 'more than' instead of a less, because i'm seeing it as it developed into something more over time.

*pushes rose colored glasses up nose*

majorsal
September 8th, 2005, 09:17 PM

I notice that JM didn't say that they are "just attracted to one another". He said they are "drawn together". I like that! It means they can't help themselves! They have been trying for 8 years to resist the urge to be completely together. What is a love story anyway? To me, it is when two people are "drawn" together, who overcome obstacles to eventually be together.

hmmm.... i like this! :D

you guys are giving me ideas and helping to heal my heart.

(((shippers)))

sally :D

Baal_babe1
September 8th, 2005, 09:51 PM
*dramatic music* The Babe is back in town! wow how long has it been...several months at least, you may not remember me but I was here a while back Tauripeg is still my mother...as far as i know :S , anyway I shall attempt to come on more often. :D

gwenhwyfar
September 8th, 2005, 10:30 PM
I read the spoilers too. All I will say is they really are going the way of The X-Files! Literally!

Yes, it might seem like they have ripped off Star Trek but Star Trek: Voyager ripped off Stargate. The episode 'Beneath the Surface' to be exact.

In OT but good news, Jang-Geum and Sir Min ended up together! They even had a daughter! This story line was eerily like Sam and Jack! The King died though.At least one of my ships worked out. That is three out of... never mind.

Hulabaloo
September 9th, 2005, 12:14 AM
So the ship isnt looking good for Season 9 then? Oh well, we must live off fanfic.

Oma-1
September 9th, 2005, 12:27 AM

Uh huh - just look at the COG scene - if that wasn't sexual attraction I don't know what was. And that's how it all started. Nothing wrong with a good dose of lust :D Then, over time, it grew into all the things Bren said. That's how my relationship with my hubby started - I lusted the pants off him - but it only took us a couple of months, not 9 years for the rest :p

And Trupi - it's not just italian men that like to wind us up - it's ALL MEN! Although if you follow hubby's family tree back far enough, it all started in Sicily ...... :eek: Maybe you're right! :p

As for Crusade I see I'm not the only one having flashbacks to the Peacekeeper Wars I thought that was well OTT - although I did find the whole water birth scene absolutely hysterical. I know Stargate like to do their little homages to shows / movies past that they like or that the actors have been in - and usually they are really subtle or really funny. This one just makes me want to cringe. Actually, I think it makes me want to http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/10/10_2_10.gif (don't want to leave a mess for you all to have to clear up ;) )

Token - Wanna post a really snarky, sarcastic plot line involving lots of S/J ship? :D :D

Oma-1
September 9th, 2005, 12:32 AM
It's the "Just" and the implied denial of the "Love Story" that upset me.

Everyone is absolutely entitled to their own view. I'd be the last person to blast anyone for disagreeing with me... I'm too used to being disagreed with to let it bother me anymore. Getting older and wiser also comes with thicker skin.

Besides, discussion isn't that interesting when everyone agrees.... then all you get to read is page after page of "me too!"... Not much fun there!

Long live the Ship, all the same!
((((((Bren Ren)))))))

Nothing wrong with a good old rant, honey! We're here to let ya, and give you hugs to make it feel a bit better. Especially when it leaves you free to enjoy writing :D

Lord Zedd
September 9th, 2005, 01:13 AM
Hey bren ren sorry you don't like SG.1 the way it is now. I like it a bit but not that much anymore since RDA left the show. :( I gave you some green to confort you

Lord Zedd
September 9th, 2005, 01:15 AM
Oma nice to see you are alive. :d you still here posting a lot :)

I have a question what age does Jack O'Neill have. I know that sometime ago there was a discusion about his age and somebody found his securitycard or so? Do you know where I can find that security card or what epiosde??

gate_girl12
September 9th, 2005, 02:55 AM
If you're looking for the age of Jack, try looking at pics from "entity". Each of SG-1's personnel records pops up on the screen.

gate_girl12
September 9th, 2005, 03:43 AM
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a138/gate_girl12/ship.jpg

Thought everyone could use some cheering up! :D

sueKay
September 9th, 2005, 04:06 AM
Heya!

Well...after mulling over my thoughts...I have come to a conclusion.

I'm not watching season nine...and I may not watch Atlantis

I am through with Stargate on TV...But I will remain active in the Stargate Fandom...because the people I've met here and on other forums and mailing lists have to be the NICEST, MOST INTELLIGENT, FUNNY AND WITTY PEOPLE that TPTB should tank for watching their show...It shouldn't be us thanking them...it should be the other way about.

So...thank you to the actors who have all thanked us for our support...but it's be nice if it was reciprocated.

sueKay
September 9th, 2005, 04:08 AM
LOL4JACK...

Want something to read???

Try http://s10.invisionfree.com/Intel_Fanfiction - loads of fanfic to be had
http://intelfanfiction.bravehost.com - some of the same stories in a nicer format

http://www.fanfiction.net/~suekay04 - my fic...please read :)

Rogue
September 9th, 2005, 05:41 AM
I read the spoilers too. All I will say is they really are going the way of The X-Files! Literally!

Yes, it might seem like they have ripped off Star Trek but Star Trek: Voyager ripped off Stargate. The episode 'Beneath the Surface' to be exact.

In OT but good news, Jang-Geum and Sir Min ended up together! They even had a daughter! This story line was eerily like Sam and Jack! The King died though.At least one of my ships worked out. That is three out of... never mind.

Voyager could have ripped off Stargate. If you just go by air date, then yes Beneath the surface aired 6 months before Workforce. I guess it depends on which script was written first.

Beneath the surface air date is 9/1/00
Workforce I and II air date 2/21/01 and 2/28/01.

sugarshaker
September 9th, 2005, 06:38 AM
((((((LOL4JACK))))))

I won't be around tomorrow to celebrate your birthday, so I'll do it now! :D

http://yelims2.free.fr/Fete/HappyBirthDay.gif

and

Bon Voyage

Have a safe trip and hurry back and ship with us! :D :D :D

BrenRen
September 9th, 2005, 06:46 AM
Whoa! How did you get all of that out of that comment? Relax, girl, it's ok. Take this into consideration:

1. JM's purpose is to keep fans interested. To do that, he says things that are sometimes disturbing.

JM is also the only writer in the SG1 camp who has remained consistantly supportive of the Ship, both in interviews, and in the way it carries out in the eps he's written. For that alone, I'm willing to cut *him* some slack... But not certain *other* writers!!!! <coough-cough-hackupalung-RCC-cough-coough>

All that being said, JM is also King of Vaguenessness, he delights in the little mind-games of spoiler-teasers, and generally speaking, he's been pretty good at it. He's also the only SG1 *Official* to offer the Shippers any crumbs of reassurance.

As I said in a post yesterday, my reaction wasn't strictly related to the comment JM made. I've got a mind like a steel sieve, and what doesn't slip through the holes stay stuck for-ever. I can recall nearly verbatim, almost anything I've ever read, especially when it comes to my favorite programs. Also.. my reaction was just as heavily influenced by the strong meds du jour I'm on.

2. JM is a guy! If you asked most guys how they fell in love with their significant other, and they actually agreed to discuss it, they'd probably say something similar. Guys view romance differently than women do. Remember, JM also said he thought it was obvious that they resolved the ship at the end of S8.

Then again, I've known some men who are bigger softies and suckers for the romance than just about anyone! Well, except for me! I'll find Ship everywhere! I watched Full House for the Jesse Rebecca Ship! (I was also almost the same age as the eldest daughter in the series...)

Really? I didn't get my big honkin' kiss!

JM is just being JM, and most of the time, that means he's being vague and misleading. I'm just saying that's part of his purpose in being here. He hasn't ruined or degraded anything. He just doesn't express it as poetically as one of us would. Is it brusk and kinda jerky? Yep. But it doesn't change a thing. I like what shelsfc says:

It is what it is.....the greatest love story ever in sci-fi.

Ignore JM.

It *was* the greatest love story on tv. Now... it's the greatest waste of opportunities in a scifi love story... Ahem, mutual attraction the developed over time...

[/snark] :D

minigeek
September 9th, 2005, 07:49 AM
Hey guys,

If any of you are in doubt about Sam/Jack being "together" at all, remember to keep in mind that we tend to compartmentalize around here sometimes and look at current moments as opposed to the bigger picture. If we step back a bit, we see:

1. Over the years, we've heard Joe say that he'd like to see Sam and Jack together when all is said and done.

2. This year, we saw an interview with Amanda where she answered a fan question (regarding Sam and Jack in Season 9) by saying that Robert Cooper had come up with an ingenious way of being vague non/committal about it. And that as time progressed: "We'll see".

2b. Well, if that's true then also keep in mind that Joe just made a comment on his board here saying that the "not exactly" line was inserted by Robert Cooper into the script of EDM. Ingenious, indeed! :D

3. We also have Joe mentioning that he didn't think the end of Threads was vague at all with respect to Sam and Jack. (Neither did I, frankly, but that's a whole 'nother story!)

I also recently discovered annunaki, whoever he/she is.....and really like the stories he/she writes. Very nice use of phrasing and imagery.Anunnaki's fanfic address is:http://www.fanfiction.net/u/779316/

Ta!
M.G.

UhSir
September 9th, 2005, 08:38 AM
Okay shippers. It's time for some cheer! I just heard this on the radio and I'm sure it's a happy-shippy sign cuz it even has a "Yes sir." in it! I wish I had the music for it; it's so much better with the tune.

This Will Be
Recorded by Natalie Cole

This will be an everlasting love
This will be the one I've waited for
This will be the first time anyone has loved me

I'm so glad you found me in time
And I'm so glad that you rectified my mind
This will be an everlasting love for me

Loving you is some kind of wonderful
Because you've shown me just how much you care
You've given me the thrill of a lifetime
And made me believe you've got more thrills to spare

This will be an everlasting love (Oh yes it will now)
You've brought a lot of sunshine into my life
You filled me with happiness I never knew
You gave me more joy than I ever dreamed of
And no one, no one can take the place of you

This will be
You and me
Yessirree eternally
Hugging and squeezing and kissing and pleasing
Together forever through rain and whatever
Yeah Yeah Yeah Yeah
You and me
So long as I'm living true love I'll be giving
To you I'll be saving 'cause you're so deserving
Hey you're so deserving
You're so deserving
Yeah Yeah Yeah Oh...
Love Love Love Love...
From now on, From now on, From now on, From now on...

BrenRen
September 9th, 2005, 08:50 AM
The muse also thinks I need some cheering... We just finished this, in an attempt to recapture the Shipper Spirit...

Enjoy!

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a63/BrenRen1/HiddenSm.jpg (http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a63/BrenRen1/Hidden.jpg)

nell
September 9th, 2005, 09:06 AM
UhSir and BrenRen and minigeek,

Cheering up is just what we need!! I'm home sick today and feeling kinda yucky. I just watched 2010 and I was both stunned and blue over the episode. Stunned because it is a tightly woven script that shows our heroes, Jack, Sam, Daniel, and Teal'c, with Janet's aid, at their finest. Stepping up to the plate together to do right!! Not to mention the strong undercurrent of Sam and Jack tension over the Aschen plot that severed their ties. Blue? That this level of story plot and dialogue are not yet (I'll give the writers a chance) evident in Season 9.

Now my contribution to the "let's cheer up" posts. I am a huge Anita Baker fan. When I heard this yesterday, I knew I had to share the lyrics. I see this from Sam's POV. I highlighted the words that some may worry/wonder about not to mention whatever is going on in the minds of TPTB. In my Shippy world, Sam and Jack are so past doubts and well into a relationship.

My story and I'm sticking to it!!! ;)

Giving You The Best That I Got
Anita Baker
Writers: Anita Baker, Skip Scarborough & Randy Holland

Giving You The Best That I Got

Ain't there something I can give you
In exchange for everything you give to me
Read my mind and make me feel just fine
When I think my peace of mind is out
of reach

The scales are sometimes unbalanced
And you bear the weight of all that has to be
I hope you see that you can lean on me
And together we can calm a stormy sea

We love so strong and so unselfishly
And I tell you now that I made a vow
I'm giving you the best that I got, baby
Yes I tell you now, that I made a vow
I'm giving you the best that I got, honey

Everybody's got opinions
'Bout the way they think our story's gonna end
Some folks feel it's just a superficial thrill
Everybody's gonna have to think again

They don't bother me so I'm gonna keep on
Giving you the best that I got, baby
They don't bother me, said I'm gonna keep on
Giving you the best that I got, listen baby

Somebody understands me
Somebody gave his heart to me
I stumbled my whole life long
Always on my own, now I'm home

My weary mind is rested
And I feel as if my home is in your arms
Fears are all gone, I like the sound of your song
And I think I want to sing it forever

And I made a vow so I tell you now
I'm giving you the best that I got, baby
I bet everything on my wedding ring
I'm giving you the best that I got,
givin' it to you baby

(Lyrics taken DIRECTLY from cassette jacket)

Anunnaki
September 9th, 2005, 09:06 AM
A friend of mine asked if I would post this (very old) rant I had back in June on the samandjack listserver. It's a shipper rant regarding fan reactions to the season eight episode of "THREADS". So if you cannot stomach the thought of Sam and Jack in a romantic relationship, please read no further.

At best, you'd end up smoking through your ears, and at worst, you might end up skulking in my back yard with a bag of rotton vegetables or an effigee with my name on it and a cushion filled with sticking-pins ... <gulp> ... either way, I implore you, PLEASE, turn back now.

Cheers. :)

All right then. Here it is. My little temper-tantrum. With respect to fan speculation after the airing of "Threads".

--------------
From June 2005
---------------

Apologies for what may constitute the great deal of poor grammar and spelling I'm about to inflict on you all. I'm venting. But I mean no disrespect to anyone whose personal opinions may be trod upon during the course of this post.

SPOILER SPACE (Threads/Season Nine)

So the obvious problem with season nine ('shipper-wise') is that there isn't going to be any on-camera nookie between Sam Carter andJack O'Neill.

Quick, stop the presses! :eek:

But before we do that, can someone please explain to me where the great mystery is? I don't get it. Truly, I don't. There's so much hand-wringing over the potential 'non-future' of Sam and Jack, romantically, I'm just about ready to switch off my PC and check my glasses (well, I would if I wore glasses), because I don't think I've been watching the same "Stargate SG-1" series that some of you have. (I suppose that's possible, I do live in Canada, and the satellite reception in my igloo just isn't what it used to be since my polar bear died and fell over onto my... well, never mind).

Seriously... Sam and Jack.

I don't see where there's room for doubt. Yet there's a unified (and horrified) gasp building slowly in the corners of 'shipperdom' over the possible notion that Carter might end up either a) romantically involved with someone else--cue "Love Interest X", or, b) become completely estranged from her feelings because of Jack's absence this year. Hence the terror in trembling fingers hovering over keyboards all over the globe.

Therefore I must ask: What part Sam's character-arcduring "Threads" was vague?

Let's break this down.

I think everyone's essentially resigned themselves to the concept that regardless of the way canon plays out this year, there's not going to be a torrid on-screen love-affair between Sam and Jack, but the reason for that has more to do with cast than it does with character. We're aware that Rick's physically not going to be there; hence Jack won't be around to 'play' with. On screen, at least.

He's not dead. He's just... elsewhere. That doesn't mean that Sam is simply going to 'move on' from the emotional epiphany she had in "Threads". If you didn't happen to notice that she had anemotional epiphany in "Threads", then please forgive me forwondering ... what show were you watching?

Sam and Jack went through eight years of character development to get to the point they ended up in with "Threads". To me it's been absolutely obvious from the moment that episode wrapped. Sam and Jack had finally, unequivocally, decided to explore a romantic relationship together. It won't be on-camera. It can't be. And it won't be obvious or plot-centric to the season nine narrative. I think most people who consider themselves 'shippers' can live with the fact that it'll have to be hinted at and alluded to betweenr ousing strains of "Pharoah Pharoah let my Jaffa Go!" and "Kiss me Claudia!", but it'll still be there if you're hoping to see it. Just open those beautiful eyes and watch.

It would be disrespectful to both the O'Neill and the Carter character-arcs (especially the Sam Carter arc) if they did anything else with her (romantically) at this point. They built and built along those lines (for eight years), then culminated with "Threads", and all of a sudden--what? Dropped the ball? No way.

If there was nothing further to Sam and Jack; if their feelings towards one another and their 'relationship' was to be terminated with the end of season eight, then the dialogue and scenes which took place during "Threads" would not have been written into canon. That episode would not have taken place in the manner in which it did. The whole idea behind "Threads" was to clear a path for the big changes coming up in season nine (providing season nine was approved). It was to 'tie up' (threads?!) eight years of 'loose ends' (threads?!), in such a way as to leave those storylines either completed or at a crossroad to a new beginning.

Sam and Jack love one another. That's never been in question. We know it. The writers, the producers, everyone involved in the creative on the show will admit to that. It's been stated unequivocably. And "Threads" was a tribute to those pent-up emotions for the two of them.

They scripted whole scenes around that single premise. They wrote in Carter's ambivalence and apprehension surrounding her fiancé. Her uneasiness and embarrassment with him was palpable during the scene where he meets Jacob for the first time. That wasn't adlib, that was directed.

Sam shows up at Jack's house because she's terrified she's making a mistake and she wants to tell him (once and for all) how she feels.

Kerry then proceeds to break up with Jack over his feelings for Sam. Seeing as how that might be too vague, she goes on to mention that she thinks it's obvious how he feels about Sam and that she thinks it's a big mistake if "rules and regulations" are the only thing keeping he and Carter apart.

We may not be convinced yet. So let's go on...

In preceding scene, Jacob said the exact same words to Sam that Kerry would later use.
Jacob: "Don't let rules stand in your way."
Kerry: "Is the Airforce the only reason the two of you aren't together? Rules and regulations?"Coincidences like that happen in real-life, they don't happen in scripts. There's a sledgehammer here. It's big. Huge. Colossal. But just in case there might still be any room whatsoever for doubt, they added even more.

Sam breaks up with Pete.

Again, the might be too vague, so again, he uses the exact same phrasing that Jacob used in a previous scene
Jacob: "You can still have everything that you want."
Pete: "Ihope you get what you want..."Gee. I wonder what that means?

Hmm...

OW! Hey, that hammer really hurts! :D

But wait. There's more! No. Really.

Carter's been refusing O'Neill's invitations to his cabin for eight long years. The reason for that is so long-lived and obvious, it's moot. But suddenly [i](in the end of "Threads") she accepts! (Wow, neat episode, huh?).

Let's step back for a minute and pretend we're not fans of Stargate. Let's pretend we actually wrote the episode "Threads". Why did we (the writers of "Threads") write all that Sam Carter / Jack O'Neill sub-plot in? It didn't have much to do with the "Free Jaffa" plot, or Anubis' "Grand Design". What was the point? We'd have to be first-class dopes if we scripted all that into a 90-Minute special length presentation, just because we were planning on turning Sam Carter back into the alien love-interest of the week. Or (oh, say...) bringing Narim or even Orlin back so that Sam might fall madly in love with either of them.

Eight years of UST. That's what "Threads" was about for the Sam and Jack subplot. We never saw so much of their 'relationship' discussed in canon as we did during that single episode. At no point were we ever given to understand that they intended to go their separate ways thereafter. Quite the contrary, given the "fishing moment" we saw in the end.

Why not? If they're not going to explore being together in an 'off-camera' world as season nine progresses, why not end "Threads" with, say, a tearful, yet beautiful marriage for Carter to her much loved, erstwhile fiancé? <ducking> What difference would it make to season nine's "action-rock-em-sock-em" canon if Sam was married to Pete? Not much. But if certainly would make a difference to Sam's character arc. And the fact that she's been in love with Jack for half a decade at least. The writers/producers knew that, and wanted to be respctful to her character. Hence the plot we actually saw.

And at the end of it all (or the beginning, as the case may be!) why would "Threads" open with an entire montage (half of which was dedicated to Sam/Jack moments throughout the years) intermingled with several poignant scenes where we see her restless and uncomfortable about her upcoming 'marriage'? Could that be a strange coincidence as well?

Hmm...

OW!! Again with the hammer! Stop that! :D

Does Carter have to crawl out of a pentagon supply closet, with tousled hair and an "I JUST DID JACK" t-shirt on for the message to be clearer? (Okay, yes, I'd like to see that t-shirt, too... but that's hardly the point).

What is there not to get? I'm asking here, I really, truly am. Of course, as irreverent as parts of this post were, I harbor no enmity towards anyone who really does believe the 'shipper' group is SOL. I'm just astounded, quite frankly.

I'll crawl back into my igloo now. We're making blue-raspberry kitchen-tiles out of Jello mix ... can't miss that.

.A. (I left out the 'always' scene on purpose)

nell
September 9th, 2005, 09:12 AM
((((((LOL4JACK))))))

I won't be around tomorrow to celebrate your birthday, so I'll do it now! :D

http://yelims2.free.fr/Fete/HappyBirthDay.gif

and

Bon Voyage

Have a safe trip and hurry back and ship with us! :D :D :D

sugarshaker, I'm borrowing your greetings to send my best wishes to LOL4JACK, too.

LOL4JACK, EAT LOTS OF CAKE!!!!!

UhSir
September 9th, 2005, 09:32 AM
That is beautiful. You've pulled it all together quite clearly for me. Thank you, Anunnaki. http://bestsmileys.com/bowing/2.gif

Baal_babe1
September 9th, 2005, 09:43 AM
wow i'm gone for several months and i miss all the excitement...though i do have something to say about the ship...during last weeks eppy (i think, but times been all screwy with me lately) i'm thinking it was pretty obvious who Sam was referring to when she said "not exactly" to the question of whether she was single or not...im fairly sure that's already been addressed...but yeah anyway. *hides in her cabin*

gatebee
September 9th, 2005, 10:18 AM
The muse also thinks I need some cheering... We just finished this, in an attempt to recapture the Shipper Spirit...

Enjoy!

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a63/BrenRen1/HiddenSm.jpg (http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a63/BrenRen1/Hidden.jpg)

that is awesome..... here is my contribution... keep that shippy loving feeling
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v205/FilBrit1/ship/destiny.jpg

UhSir
September 9th, 2005, 10:20 AM
check out this new thread from anunnaki
http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=17110

nell
September 9th, 2005, 10:42 AM

Thanks, UhSir,
I just read her "rant!" I EMed her to say thanks and keep writing. She's terrific! Love those stories, too. :p

Ali888
September 9th, 2005, 10:54 AM
Is this a protected thread, or can non-Jack/Sam shippers give their side of things?

Ali P

Oma-1
September 9th, 2005, 10:56 AM
Mind if I join you in that thought Rogue?? :rolleyes:

btw - I'm definitely laughing ..... in resignation at the plot line, and ROTF at your comments.

Oma-1
September 9th, 2005, 10:59 AM
First impressions were pretty ugly, but I found a second viewing eased the pain somewhat. It's not real happy, shipper-wise so far and the spoilers are the usual vagueness so... No.

I'm keeping my hopes up. If the PTB don't sink the ship this season, I'll be happy. I don't expect resolution this season, and probably never, but I am going to keep watching in case there is a teeny hint.
I hope S9 is that way for me too. I've just re-watched S8 on Sky One (first time since it aired originally) and I have to say I've enjoyed it a lot more than I did the first time around. Some parts I'll always dislike, but overall, I did like the season. I even liked Moebius this time around!

This season I'm all prepared to hate it the first time round, then enjoy it when I see the repeats. :rolleyes:

Oma-1
September 9th, 2005, 11:04 AM

Ah, The Light *deep shippy sigh*. Time to get out the Penguins again I believe ....

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v685/Oma-1/Penguins_Walking_by_Surf.jpg

Oma-1
September 9th, 2005, 11:15 AM
Wait a minute . . . . We can't have any resolution to the ship - kissing, weddings, whatever - because it's too soap-opera-ish, yet they can write in a mysterious pregnancy for Vala????

This makes no sense whatsoever!!!!!

http://bestsmileys.com/angry1/5.gif
But consider, this perfectly fits into the realm of pseudo religion and sci-fi that is Stargate :)

Clutching at straws is the phrase that springs to mind. I hope I'm gonna be pleasantly surprised, but I'm not holding out much hope.

ChevronSeven
September 9th, 2005, 11:17 AM
That is by far the best viewpoint I have ever read. Thank your for that! :)

gatebee
September 9th, 2005, 11:23 AM
thanks for posting that link. I missed it on the first go. It is very true in all fronts

smea
September 9th, 2005, 11:56 AM
wow i'm gone for several months and i miss all the excitement...though i do have something to say about the ship...during last weeks eppy (i think, but times been all screwy with me lately) i'm thinking it was pretty obvious who Sam was referring to when she said "not exactly" to the question of whether she was single or not...im fairly sure that's already been addressed...but yeah anyway. *hides in her cabin*

Ohh.. this was talked about lots! And I think everyone came to conclusion ...(or hoped most desperately :p ) that she was talking about Jack.
And honestly... who else could she mean.. ;) :D But read back over the last few posts.. (you may need to go back a bit, because there is a lot) ..and read what everyones opinions are

Oma-1
September 9th, 2005, 11:57 AM
Was watching Lost City recently when this little pic fic popped into my head.....

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v685/Oma-1/crossword.png

nickatell
September 9th, 2005, 12:03 PM
For me, I know that Jack and Sam are together meaning that they won't get involved with other people because they are accepting the fact that they are involved with each other; the problem I have is after waiting 8+ years this is all we get? Okay, okay a lot of changes in Season 9 and an especially big one RDA not a regular anymore (hard to type) and as shippers we wait for the proverbial crumb to be tossed our way in Season 9 that will keep our hope flames lit; but come on Vala pregnant!!!!!!!! How come whenever we want romantic scenes between Jack and Sam it is considered "soap operaish" but yet we can have romantic scenes between Sam and Pete, Teal'c and Ishta, and our current two some Daniel and Vala and that is considered sci-fi storytelling????? I know it is all a game with TPTB they knew by not giving us a big honkin kiss that we would still want more, and they are right. The fact that Jack and Sam are together is great and about time, but the fact that we didn't get to SEE any of it is very disturbing; it would be like watching our team heading out to defeat the System Lords for the last and final time but instead of finding out what happens the show ends and at the beginning of the next episode we learn through Daniel that the team has since broken up but that we did win and everything is fine, totally unfulfilling. We know the key parts, we won, but we didn't get to witness it for ourselves and go through the emotions so therefore maybe it didn't happen.

I know for myself that whenever I watch any of Marimba's or Caty's videos I see and feel the potential and yes I KNOW that they are together but somehow ??????????

For those of you who are satisfied with Threads being the resolution, more power to you; but I want more; but will we get it?? that is where the eternal flame of hope keeps burning.

UhSir
September 9th, 2005, 12:07 PM
Was watching Lost City recently when this little pic fic popped into my head.....

Notice she doesn't question the Sam O'Neill combined. :D

gatebee
September 9th, 2005, 01:22 PM
For me as a shipper, I do believe they are together. But I agree that after 8 years we need more snogging.

After seeing this happen
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v205/FilBrit1/ship/74a3d220.bmp

we should get alot of this
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v205/FilBrit1/ship/PDVD_111.jpg

smea
September 9th, 2005, 01:25 PM
For me as a shipper, I do believe they are together. But I agree that after 8 years we need more snogging.

After believe that after this
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v205/FilBrit1/ship/74a3d220.bmp

we should get alot of this
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v205/FilBrit1/ship/PDVD_111.jpg

Indeed, as do I ;)

gatebee
September 9th, 2005, 01:29 PM
and this...
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v205/FilBrit1/ship/grace1.jpg

gatebee
September 9th, 2005, 01:30 PM
and this..... need I say more
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v205/FilBrit1/ship/7dca3781.jpg
pic fr myrth

minigeek
September 9th, 2005, 01:36 PM
LOL, love it! :p

M.G.

Ship Nana
September 9th, 2005, 01:36 PM
So the ship isnt looking good for Season 9 then? Oh well, we must live off fanfic.

and like we aren't already?!!!!!

gatebee
September 9th, 2005, 01:45 PM
Sam and Jack are just cooling off. This is the asgard swimming pool
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v205/FilBrit1/ship/113des02.jpg
pic either fr rda-4ever or rdanderson site

Rogue
September 9th, 2005, 01:56 PM
For me, I know that Jack and Sam are together meaning that they won't get involved with other people because they are accepting the fact that they are involved with each other; the problem I have is after waiting 8+ years this is all we get? Okay, okay a lot of changes in Season 9 and an especially big one RDA not a regular anymore (hard to type) and as shippers we wait for the proverbial crumb to be tossed our way in Season 9 that will keep our hope flames lit; but come on Vala pregnant!!!!!!!! How come whenever we want romantic scenes between Jack and Sam it is considered "soap operaish" but yet we can have romantic scenes between Sam and Pete, Teal'c and Ishta, and our current two some Daniel and Vala and that is considered sci-fi storytelling????? I know it is all a game with TPTB they knew by not giving us a big honkin kiss that we would still want more, and they are right. The fact that Jack and Sam are together is great and about time, but the fact that we didn't get to SEE any of it is very disturbing; it would be like watching our team heading out to defeat the System Lords for the last and final time but instead of finding out what happens the show ends and at the beginning of the next episode we learn through Daniel that the team has since broken up but that we did win and everything is fine, totally unfulfilling. We know the key parts, we won, but we didn't get to witness it for ourselves and go through the emotions so therefore maybe it didn't happen.

I know for myself that whenever I watch any of Marimba's or Caty's videos I see and feel the potential and yes I KNOW that they are together but somehow ??????????

For those of you who are satisfied with Threads being the resolution, more power to you; but I want more; but will we get it?? that is where the eternal flame of hope keeps burning.

And that is what the TPTB are counting on the "eternal flame of hope". It keeps us J/S shippers watching the show, hoping we will finally get a proper resolution.

I too believe they are together. But will we ever get a kiss or even a non-vague acknowledgement? I think it is time for TPTB to step up to the plate!

Uber
September 9th, 2005, 02:08 PM
Just a dumb question here...

...but if Sam/Thor Shippers are called SMORS...

...are Sam/Jack Shippers called SMACKS???

Rogue
September 9th, 2005, 02:11 PM
I agree, great post. But yeah, I would like to see Carter crawling out of a pentagon supply closet, with tousled hair and an "I JUST DID JACK" t-shirt on. ;)

Actually, I would just like a non-vague acknowledgement. Something that cannot be interpreted in 100 different ways.

smea
September 9th, 2005, 02:13 PM

LOL.. thats great.. if thats the case, Im a complete smack head :p

stargate barbie
September 9th, 2005, 02:19 PM
i'm sorry to hear your polar bear died. my leprachaun died last week, and then someone ran off with me lucky charms.

i'm glad you posted this, because it pretty much spells out how i feel about this. i loved threads for this reason, although i do think they perhaps should have made it a two parter so that they could dedicate more time to the jaffa and jacob story lines. but from a shippy point of view i think it was the episode i've been waiting for, and moebius as a follow up was just gravy.

cafine_us
September 9th, 2005, 02:22 PM
Fabulously said! :cool:

sueKay
September 9th, 2005, 02:29 PM
Just to let you know...I'm going to be temporarily leaving GW...just to chill and such

I start University on Monday, and I've got a lot of stuff to do.

I'm out of my shipper groove at the moment...to get that back I need to stay away from S/J specific threads and watch loads of S4 again.

I'm also doing a lot of site maintenance at the moment...have a proper account and I'm trying to set up a an automated fanfic archive and loads of other stuff...

So...if anyone needs me...pop into http//www.stargate-intel.tk forums or Mala's world in OT chat.

Suz
xxxxx

stargate barbie
September 9th, 2005, 02:51 PM
LOL.. thats great.. if thats the case, Im a complete smack head :p
i too love smack. i'm also somewhat fond of jam, but i understand most people are not. i like smors, but only when i'm in a silly mood. :D

Anunnaki
September 9th, 2005, 03:01 PM
Is this a protected thread, or can non-Jack/Sam shippers give their side of things?

I'd love to say the more the merrier, myself. But I think the purpose of this thread would quickly end up obscurred by a battle over the fundamental (and age-old) disagreement between shippers and non shippers.

That's one of the reasons I suggested non shippers might wish to skip this thread entirely. Because it isn't about the fundamental argument of whether Sam and Jack love one another (I've put that forth as a given); it's about which moments during THREADS can effectively (and correctly) be interpereted by shippers as canon acknowledgement of a pending exploratory relationship for Sam and Jack (after the episode completed).

I'm certain there are a lot of very logical points of view vis-a-vis the "non-shipper" sect regarding how to alternately interperet the episodic canon of "Threads", but I don't think this thread is a great place for those points.

If you're a shipper, and you disagree with me, then by all means, I'm happy to discuss that. But if you're not a shipper--you'd fundamentally disagree with me, and that I'm not very keen on 'having out', so to speak. I know where it would end up, so I'd rather skip the pre-amble and agree to disagree in advance.

Really. I'm scared of the flame war. Scared like a little girl on Neetu... :eek:

.A.

Somnium
September 9th, 2005, 03:49 PM
Yeay! I knew it :D Im not mad :D

This is where my mind has been at since Threads, Anunnaki you hit the nail right on the head, I certainly couldnt have put it better :D Your post has really cheered me up, Thanks :D

sueKay
September 9th, 2005, 04:15 PM
HAPPY BIRTHDAY SES110 AND LOL4JACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'll post a graphic later....I need to make one first!!!!!!

jafacakes
September 9th, 2005, 04:34 PM
Just to let you know...I'm going to be temporarily leaving GW...just to chill and such

I'm out of my shipper groove at the moment...to get that back I need to stay away from S/J specific threads and watch loads of S4 again.

I'm also doing a lot of site maintenance at the moment...have a proper account and I'm trying to set up a an automated fanfic archive and loads of other stuff...

So...if anyone needs me...pop into http//www.stargate-intel.tk forums or Mala's world in OT chat.

Suz
xxxxx

Oh, sueKay :S we'll miss you.
But have a great time on Monday :D and when you finaly emerge from freshmans weeks and are setled in come back and tells us how you're doing :)

nell
September 9th, 2005, 05:11 PM
Babylon SG-1 looks good in black uniforms off-world. Sam calls for "Cameron" on the radio. Why a first name in the field under fire? Same rank, yes, but seems a little casual. No, I don't see anything romantic. I'm surprised that Sam is not calling by rank or last name when on duty. Well, Mitchell has been abducted so Sam is in charge. Nice! That she's in charge.

stargate barbie
September 9th, 2005, 05:34 PM
Babylon SG-1 looks good in black uniforms off-world. Sam calls for "Cameron" on the radio. Why a first name in the field under fire? Same rank, yes, but seems a little casual. No, I don't see anything romantic. I'm surprised that Sam is not calling by rank or last name when on duty. Well, Mitchell has been abducted so Sam is in charge. Nice! That she's in charge.
babylon/season 9 spculation/query does that mean that cameron is ordinarily in charge or that they ordinarilly share command or what? i'm still a tad confused about the whole command issue here

stargate barbie
September 9th, 2005, 05:35 PM

Suz
xxxxx
bye for now suekay, i'm starting back in a couple of weeks, so that'll probably be the last you guys hear from me for a while. :(

jafacakes
September 9th, 2005, 06:09 PM

So, Nell, any other titbits worth mentioning :) ?
And about Sam beeing in charge, was it ever explained why Sam is not in charge normaly?

parsifal
September 9th, 2005, 06:15 PM
So, Nell, any other titbits worth mentioning :) ?
And about Sam beeing in charge, was it ever explained why Sam is not in charge normaly?

Babylon Aside from the ambush scene, Sam was barely in the episode.

ses110
September 9th, 2005, 06:19 PM
I agree nell.A little to casual for me.If Sam and Jack kept calling each other by there first Names we never would have heard the end of it.I guess everything goes except in the case of Sam and Jack getting together.

jafacakes
September 9th, 2005, 06:21 PM
Babylon Aside from the ambush scene, Sam was barely in the episode.

Oh dear, I guess the mood is not going to improve then :rolleyes:

sueKay
September 9th, 2005, 06:23 PM
*ignores spoilers*

S9 is of no interest to me now...I'm just popping in with some good news!

STARGATE INTEL HAS HAD 10 000 FORUM POSTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://s3.invisionfree.com/Stargate_Intel

I'm going to my bed, but some of the Intelites are having fun posting all over the place!

UhSir
September 9th, 2005, 06:25 PM

No, no, no. Don't even do that. No. Don't encourage this. No. No. Just No.

ses110
September 9th, 2005, 06:27 PM
Thank you sueKay.I may be joining you in taking a break as well.It does not look like we will be missing much anyway.I was afraid to stop watching because I would be lost but I'am seriously considering skipping most of the Season unless TPTB give us a reason to keep watching.I known TPTB cannot do much about RDA's schedule but TPTB can give some Sam and Jack Ship from Sam's side and TPTB also do not have to turn much of the Season and the Season finale over to an annoying guest character like Vala.I want to wish a Happy Birthday to LOL4JACK and all the Shippers I missed recently.

sueKay
September 9th, 2005, 06:29 PM
(((ses)))

As I said earlier...I'm through with the show and I need to get my shipper groove back...I'll either be at my site or at Mala's world, so pop along to either of them if you want to join me in taking a break.

ses110
September 9th, 2005, 06:31 PM
Thanks parsifal.I taped the episode and now I think I will just delete the episode.I really am not in the mood to hear Sam and Cameron call each other by there first Name.

UhSir
September 9th, 2005, 06:41 PM
*ignores spoilers*

S9 is of no interest to me now...I'm just popping in with some good news!

STARGATE INTEL HAS HAD 10 000 FORUM POSTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://s3.invisionfree.com/Stargate_Intel

I'm going to my bed, but some of the Intelites are having fun posting all over the place!

Yes, Somnium now earned the title of official "Squueee Monster!" :D

And again, congrats for the forum milestone SueKay!

nell
September 9th, 2005, 06:45 PM
Babylon Sam had a minor role following her take-charge scene after Mitchell's abduction. She sounded good but no time to develop her leadership ability in this episode. This was Mitchell's showcase tonight. I like Mitchell. I'm a little annoyed with Dr. Lam and General Landry's dynamic. Daughter-Father conflicts. She was rather pouty when General Landry gave her an order to call him when the prisoner awakened. Sure she's not in the military but there is something called professional courtesy. Why is there a civilian CMO anyway? All in all this was a ZERO Ship night!

SG1Poz
September 9th, 2005, 07:11 PM
Happy Birthday !! LOL4JACK!!

Poz

sg-1fanintn
September 9th, 2005, 08:21 PM
Wow! Great rant, anunnaki! And welcome to the Gateworld family! I'm so glad you have come here. I'm keeping your "rant" as a sermon to the unbelieving masses. If I need to pull it out as my secret weapon, I'll be sure to credit you.

I also want to say that I love your fiction. I became hooked when I read The Hidden Sam Carter recently. I love the way you use phrasing in it. It's really different and deep and feels so true to Sam and Jack's characters. Now, I'm working my way through everything else you've written.

So, let's all subscribe to this new thread! And anunnaki, I'd like to invite you to the Sam/Jack Ship Family Discussion Thread and the Sam is a Great Character Thread ....both home to some of the nicest people on Gateworld!

jafacakes
September 9th, 2005, 08:23 PM
http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b84/noelmh/happybirthday.jpg

Happy birthday LOL4JACK and ses110

sg-1fanintn
September 9th, 2005, 08:31 PM

Sam O'Neill! Squeeeeeee!

nickatell
September 9th, 2005, 08:48 PM
I usually come on this thread after a new show airs to see what you guys thought of it; and by the small responses there are tonight I think we all feel pretty much the same. I thought with Sams return somehow the episodes would be better, but I guess the idea is that she would have to be in the episode and tonight it felt like she wasn't; actually I'm not sure what I got out of the episode. What can I say I MISS JACK AND SAM (did I say that out loud).

Cathain Nottingham
September 9th, 2005, 08:55 PM
I miss the S/J that we got in past seasons. Even if it was just them passing in the halls...

As for this season, I'm not really complaining about Sam / Amanda's lack of screen time. You can still see her cute little chipmunk cheeks in 'Babylon' - I think she's taking it easy and TPTB are letting her. I mean how many years had she tried for a baby before little Olivia was born?

sg-1fanintn
September 9th, 2005, 08:57 PM
Thanks parsifal.I taped the episode and now I think I will just delete the episode.I really am not in the mood to hear Sam and Cameron call each other by there first Name.
I don't think any "ship" is being implied. But they're the same rank, so there's no need for "sir" or "ma'am." Why she didn't say "Mitchell" or "Cam", I don't know.

Babylon Sam had a minor role following her take-charge scene after Mitchell's abduction. She sounded good but no time to develop her leadership ability in this episode. This was Mitchell's showcase tonight. I like Mitchell. I'm a little annoyed with Dr. Lam and General Landry's dynamic. Daughter-Father conflicts. She was rather pouty when General Landry gave her an order to call him when the prisoner awakened. Sure she's not in the military but there is something called professional courtesy. Why is there a civilian CMO anyway? All in all this was a ZERO Ship night!
I agree with your take on this, nell. I prefer to think that AT is still easing back into the work routine. I bet she’ll be a lot more prominent in the second half of the season. Except I still don’t really care that much if they find Mitchell or not. I’m warming up to that Jack (a la Bobby Ewing) in the shower scene telling us this has all been a dream!

I did like it when Mitchell was talking to the Sonan leader about the Ori and said, “Your history sustained you all these years. Don’t give up your history for a bag of magic tricks.”

Happy birthday, LOL4JACK!
Happy birthday, ses110!

ses110
September 9th, 2005, 10:22 PM
I have no doubt there is no Ship implied.IMO when Sam and Jack finally get together and we all see it then TPTB can have Sam and Cameron call each other by there first Names all they want.I think my new policy will be to check on Gateworld after the 8:00 SG-1 episode and if there is no mention of Sam and Jack Ship I will not watch the 11:00 episode.

gwenhwyfar
September 9th, 2005, 11:23 PM
Let me start off by saying, Happy Birthday to the people who's birthday it is.

Bye suekay and good luck!

As for today's episode, I watched about twenty minutes then turned on Ghost Ship (good movie! But it is rated R.) I wanted to see Stargate, not 'The Cameron Mitchell show'.
I too agree that it is weird that Sam and Cam call each other by their first names. But so did Sam and Janet. In the field though it should be last names.
And SAM should be in command!!!
In the Stargate magazine, they said that they would 'try' to include all four team members in every episode. (My thought was that is big of them concidering you know...it is an four-star-cast show!!)

florence
September 10th, 2005, 12:25 AM
http://yelims2.free.fr/Fete/Fete08.gif

Happy birthday ses110 and LOL4JACK !

lonely_star
September 10th, 2005, 12:48 AM
Happy birthday, ses110!

Billie
September 10th, 2005, 02:24 AM
Hi Shipper Family! :)

It's been a long time since I've been able to spend some quality time with you guys, missed you all! This is a bit of a quick hi and bye post as well as I'm off to a friends wedding later so it's a day to eat, drink and be very merry for me!! :p

I haven't been able to do a catch up read yet so in anticipation of when I do -

Congrats to all with posting milestones (the rate people post on here there's got to be some of those since I was here last!)

Happy Birthday LOL4JACK and ses110!! (I couldn't miss the last few colourful posts!) and to all who have celebrated in the last few weeks.

Hope last nights episode gave cause for some shipper smiles - only 5 weeks until S9 in the UK!!

Am on holiday now so should actually be able to pull up a comfy chair and spend some time here over the next few days - finally!! :D

- LOL4JACK, have tried PMing you a couple of times over the last few day but GW won't let me :( will keep trying!

gate_girl12
September 10th, 2005, 02:42 AM
[QUOTE=sg-1fanintn]I don't think any "ship" is being implied. But they're the same rank, so there's no need for "sir" or "ma'am." Why she didn't say "Mitchell" or "Cam", I don't know.

I agree, I don't think any ship is implied based on the simple fact that they're both military officers in the same command and on the same team. I mean, isn't that one of the reasons that was preventing Sam and Jack forming a romantic relationships. TPTB would have to be complete hyprocrits to form a ship for Cam/Sam (by the way, how lame does that sound anyway) after putting Sam and Jack through utter angst for eight seasons.

Happy bday LOL4JACK and Ses110!!! Many happy returns!!

gate_girl12
September 10th, 2005, 03:38 AM
Ok, tried to Quote but GW won't let me.

((((UhSir))))

I totally LOVE "This will be" By Natalie Cole. Whenever I hear the opening piano tunes, it just brightens my day.

Ok, for anyone who wants to contribute:

Songs that make you think of Sam and Jack

mine include "At last" by Etta James, "I love you" and "Dreamin' of you" by Celine Dion :D

sueKay
September 10th, 2005, 04:21 AM
Heya!

Just dropping in to apologise to SG1 Fanintn for not responding to her PM...it won't let me :(

LOL4JACK
September 10th, 2005, 05:35 AM
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y219/cmb1009/Sam%20and%20Jack/SamJack.jpg
Jack: So what is is that we are going to do?
Sam: Jack, L4J wants us to go visit all the (((Shipper Family))) so we can personally thank them on her sending her Birthday Wishes
Jack: Doh! my pleasure...
Sam: And don't forget we need to give Ses110 a special Hug... It's Ses110's Birthday too....
Jack: My pleasure :D

(((Julie))) ((( Nell))) (((SueKay))) (((Ses110))) (((SG1Poz))) ((( Jafacakes))) (((SG-1fanintn))) (((Florence))) (((Lonely_Star))) (((Billie))) ((( Gate_Girl12)))

Thank you all... Had my first party last night with my friends at home and one of them gave me S5 & S6 in DVD!!!!!!! :p :p :p they where the only ones missing in my collection :p :p :p

I'll try to pop in again later.... Billie, have a nice trip and enjoy New York, the weather is just perfect....

PM's are just crazy these days.... but just in case anybody wants to keep in touch let me know about any ship, spoiler, ep summary for the next weeks.... please, please, email me :p [email protected]

Rogue
September 10th, 2005, 06:00 AM
HAPPY BIRTHDAY LOL4JACK AND SES

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v474/mkmoulder/Stargate/sesbirthday.jpg

HAVE A GOOD ONE!

girlgater
September 10th, 2005, 06:22 AM
Wow...Happy Birthday LOL4JACK AND Ses110! Happy shipper thoughts...and best birthday wishes.

Ship Nana
September 10th, 2005, 08:37 AM
HAPPY BIRTHDAY LOL4JACK AND SES

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v474/mkmoulder/Stargate/sesbirthday.jpg

HAVE A GOOD ONE!

Shipper Cookies?! Did someone say Shipper Cookies?!!!!

So glad you asked.....You did ask didn't you?!

SHIPPER COOKIES:

There are:

BLUE with PURPLE chips and TURQUOISE and INDIGO sprinkles on top SHIPPER COOKIE – This cookie will help get rid of PMS (PostMoebiusSyndrome) and will allow shippers to return to their usual POSITIVE, LOVING BUNCH.

HOLIDAY SHIPPER COOKIES - contain a SPECIAL SHIPPER NUTMEG! (special shipper nutmeg - made up of regular nutmeg enhanced with MM's happy pills)

Ship Nana's Psycho Shipper Cookies - which when dipped in the beverage of your choice allows all inhibitions to simply melt away!

Mala’s Thunk Shipper Cookie – These shipper cookies, when eaten while looking at Mala’s genius creations of photos and other pictures, will allow shippers to thunk for the character of their choice (mostly RDA) and realize why they love Sam and Jack. I thunk, therefore I am!

mei mei's Special Happy Pill Shipper Cookie - They are made from the combined ingredients of mei mei's medicine cabinet. It allows shippers to be in a drugged induced haze to prevent them from losing their minds!

Pale Green Shipper Cookie - used for medicinal purposes only by sick shippers - this cookie is full of Shipper Love and Ship Nana's chicken soup

Pink Shipper Cookies - Increases Creativity and Brain Power for Shipping

Green Shipper Cookies - Stops Pit-ranting and rant withdrawal and redirects focus to Ship

Red Shipper Cookies - Makes ship lurkers into ship posters
(take the red pill, Neo-shippers)

Blue Shipper Cookies - Dreamy Shipper Bliss

Purple Shipper Cookies - Warm and Fuzzy Shipping

Orange Shipper Cookies - Disoriented Shipping

Chocolate Shipper Cookies - Rich and Luscious Shipping (especially when served warm - good for when nothing else will do) Also, for stocking up while on extended absenses from S/J Thread.

Gray Shipper Cookies - Snarkiness Shipper Cookie

Lime Shipper Cookies - gives the illusion of Shipper Greatness. They allow the Shipper to dream really BIG!!!!!!

Naquadah Enhanced Anti-Ranting Shipper Cookies – If you have to eat these Shipper Cookies you are so desperate that you probably won't care what they are for.
P.S. - Disclaimer - Since these Shipper Cookies are probably radioactive please take the appropriate precautions when handling.

Rosy Shipper Cookies - wipes out the memories of bad spoilers and desolves the desire to read spoilers

SUBLIMINAL Shipper Cookies – Makes TPTB believe that Ship was their idea

Turquoise Shipper Cookies - which are the super duper magnificent spectacular love enhanced shipper cookies

Motion Sickeness Shipper Cookies - when eaten prevents motion sickness from TPTB shipper rollercoaster ride.
Dark Red Shipper Cookies - These will stop Kinsey ranting and any feelings of queasiness related to any thoughts about Kinsey, such as a Kinsey-in-love-with-Sam thought

Indigo Shipper Cookies - helps us all remain blissfully ignorant of anything negative to our ship

Margarita shipper cookie. It works on drowning your sorrows, or celebrating your shipper glee. :D

EVERY COLOR SHIPPER COOKIE - which erases shipper memories of all bad spoilers, episodes, and character appearances that depress shippers and replaces them with positive Sam/Jack memories. This shipper cookie was created in Honor of the 2nd ANNUAL CELEBRATION! ITS SHIP DAY JULY 28TH, 2004. It is guaranteed to keep all shippers in only the best shipper mood.

HALLELUIAH OUR SHIP HAS COME IN SHIPPER COOKIE – this is a WEDDING WHITE shipper cookie and is eaten in joyful celebration when Sam and Jack finally admit their feelings to one another and decide that they should be together.

and the all time favorite:

YELLOW SHIPPER COOKIES – (HWMS)

I just thought that the family might need a refresher list, due to the CURRENT-LACK-OF-S/J-SHIP-IN-SEASON-9!!!
Feel free to overindulge with the beverage of your choice.

Now where did I put that S/J fanfic I was reading?

stargate barbie
September 10th, 2005, 08:57 AM
COOKIE?!?

mmmm cookies and fanfic. good combo.

Hulabaloo
September 10th, 2005, 09:09 AM
Suuuuuch a good combo.

BrenRen
September 10th, 2005, 09:12 AM
Mmm.. Cookies!

I'll take Two of these:
PMS (PostMoebiusSyndrome) and will allow shippers to return to their usual POSITIVE, LOVING BUNCH.

One of these, just for fun...
Mala’s Thunk Shipper Cookie – These shipper cookies, when eaten while looking at Mala’s genius creations of photos and other pictures, will allow shippers to thunk for the character of their choice (mostly RDA) and realize why they love Sam and Jack. I thunk, therefore I am!

THREE of these:
mei mei's Special Happy Pill Shipper Cookie - They are made from the combined ingredients of mei mei's medicine cabinet. It allows shippers to be in a drugged induced haze to prevent them from losing their minds!

Two of These:
Pale Green Shipper Cookie - used for medicinal purposes only by sick shippers - this cookie is full of Shipper Love and Ship Nana's chicken soup

Four of these:

Four of These:

A dozen of these:

A couple of these:

Indigo Shipper Cookies - helps us all remain blissfully ignorant of anything negative to our ship

AND TWO DOZEN OF THESE:
EVERY COLOR SHIPPER COOKIE - which erases shipper memories of all bad spoilers, episodes, and character appearances that depress shippers and replaces them with positive Sam/Jack memories. This shipper cookie was created in Honor of the 2nd ANNUAL CELEBRATION! ITS SHIP DAY JULY 28TH, 2004. It is guaranteed to keep all shippers in only the best shipper mood.

Taken with two bottles of Godiva... I'll call you in the morning!

Lida
September 10th, 2005, 09:31 AM
For ses110......

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y177/Lidacane/BDCake.jpg

Hope you have a great day!!!!

gwenhwyfar
September 10th, 2005, 10:25 AM
Shipper Cookies?! JUST what I needed! I shall have:

2 mei mei's Special Happy Pill Shipper cookies.

2 Pink Shipper Cookies.

2Rosy Shipper Cookies.

And just for fun;
1 Mala's Thunk Shipper Cookies. Ok make that 2 as well.

Ship Nana
September 10th, 2005, 10:43 AM
Mmm.. Cookies!

I'll take Two of these:
PMS (PostMoebiusSyndrome) and will allow shippers to return to their usual POSITIVE, LOVING BUNCH.

THREE of these:

Two of These:

Four of these:

Four of These:

A dozen of these:

A couple of these:

AND TWO DOZEN OF THESE:

BrenRen after eating and drinking all that you won't be calling anyone for about a month. ;) ;)

mad_gater
September 10th, 2005, 11:06 AM
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y219/cmb1009/Sam%20and%20Jack/SamJack.jpg
Jack: So what is is that we are going to do?
Sam: Jack, L4J wants us to go visit all the (((Shipper Family))) so we can personally thank them on her sending her Birthday Wishes
Jack: Doh! my pleasure...
Sam: And don't forget we need to give Ses110 a special Hug... It's Ses110's Birthday too....
Jack: My pleasure :D

(((Julie))) ((( Nell))) (((SueKay))) (((Ses110))) (((SG1Poz))) ((( Jafacakes))) (((SG-1fanintn))) (((Florence))) (((Lonely_Star))) (((Billie))) ((( Gate_Girl12)))

Thank you all... Had my first party last night with my friends at home and one of them gave me S5 & S6 in DVD!!!!!!! :p :p :p they where the only ones missing in my collection :p :p :p

I'll try to pop in again later.... Billie, have a nice trip and enjoy New York, the weather is just perfect....

PM's are just crazy these days.... but just in case anybody wants to keep in touch let me know about any ship, spoiler, ep summary for the next weeks.... please, please, email me :p [email protected]
(((((((family)))))))

HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY TO ANY SHIPPERS I MISSED!!!!

mad_gater
September 10th, 2005, 11:13 AM
We've had one shippy comment...

Agent Barrett asked Sam if she was single and she said...

NOT REALLY!!!!

Which cause an eardrum-shattering SQUEEEEEEE around the world.

Again...if you wanna talk, just drop me a PM.
Yeah....if not for my extra-strong anti-SQUEEEE windows....the windows in my house would've shattered from that...:P:D

mad_gater
September 10th, 2005, 11:18 AM
(((mad gater)))

Zat your computer...works everytime ;) :D
What I'd love to do is just abandon that stupid thing thru the stargate....

On second thought I'd better not cuz the Ori'll probably get a hold of it and modify it into something out of "The Terminator" movies...:P:D

mad_gater
September 10th, 2005, 11:24 AM
BrenRen after eating and drinking all that you won't be calling anyone for about a month. ;) ;)
And you'd feel like you had a Goa'uld mucking around inside your head for about a month as well...:P:D

galaxy
September 10th, 2005, 12:09 PM
:D :p :rolleyes: :cool: :) :D

HAPPY BIRTHDAY LOL4JACK!!!

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a108/galaxy_/jacksa.jpg

I hope you have a wonderful day filled with lots of love and cake!

((((LOL4JACK))))

:D :D :D :D

galaxy
September 10th, 2005, 12:10 PM
:D :D :D :D :D

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SES!!!

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a108/galaxy_/tinm.jpg

I hope you have a great birthday and all your wishes come true!

((((SES))))

:p ;) :) :rolleyes: :D

Oma-1
September 10th, 2005, 12:23 PM

http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/36/36_11_6.gif

It would be highly appropriate come the shipper revolution! We'd be known for our administration style :D

Anunnaki
September 10th, 2005, 12:34 PM
Hi folks, sg1fanintn pointed me over here. Talk about a happy-go-lucky group! Last night, one of my favourite Sam/Jack fanfiction authors wrote en episode insert for Babylon that I think many of you might love to read (based on some of the sad posts I see in the last two pages here).

I'm sure most of you already know of Kate McKay, the story is called "The Rest of Babylon" and I highly recommend it after yesterday's episode. It's everything we didn't get to see last night...

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2573431/1/

Cheers**
.A.

Oma-1
September 10th, 2005, 12:41 PM
Mmm.. Cookies!

I'll take Two of these:

THREE of these:

Two of These:

Four of these:

Four of These:

A dozen of these:

A couple of these:

AND TWO DOZEN OF THESE:

Phew, at least you've not mixed them with the Naquadah enhanced cookies - that could have been http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/12/12_1_112.gif
and left you feeling kinda like this http://bestsmileys.com/fire/2.gif

Oma-1
September 10th, 2005, 12:47 PM
And you'd feel like you had a Goa'uld mucking around inside your head for about a month as well...:P:D
MG - Is it safe for Tok'Ra to eat the naquadah cookies? No overload of the system or anything? Uncontrollable flashing of the eyes? Even stranger reverberations than normal of the vocal chords? :D

Don't turn you into a Goa'uld do they? :eek:

Anunnaki
September 10th, 2005, 12:48 PM
i'm sorry to hear your polar bear died. my leprachaun died last week, and then someone ran off with me lucky charms.

Don't you hate it when that happens? And igloo-training the new Bear has been h*ll. You'd think they'd make those "puppy-go-potty" mats in Polar-Size, but oh, no... :rolleyes:

.A. (Thank you for the generous invitation sg1fanintn)

ses110
September 10th, 2005, 01:10 PM
Thanks Rogue.I just got the Lost Season 1 DVD yesterday and I hope to watch a couple of episodes tonight.I hear there is some good Ship on Lost.I think since TPTB are picking and chosing which episodes have Ship,I will just pick and chose which SG-1 episodes to watch.I think from now on with my TV Shows I'am not going to be such a Loyal viewer unless I get what I want from the Show.I think one good thing about Lost is that there will probably be very little filler episodes.IMO the last couple of Years of SG-1 there have been to many filler episodes and we had to wait until the last part of the Season for the good episodes.We may not even get that many good episodes towards the end this Year if RDA is not going to appear.

Somnium
September 10th, 2005, 01:23 PM
Sooooooo ((((((((((((Shipper Family)))))))))))))))

Happy (belated) Bithday to all those who Ive missed.

Welcome to anyone whos new.

Good luck to all those starting College/Uni in the next few weeks.

Congrats to Stargate Intel on reaching 10,000 posts.

And Squuuuuuuuuueeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee I got my Book (The Cost of Honour). It was waiting for me when I got in from work today, so Im one happy shipper :D :D

sueKay
September 10th, 2005, 01:28 PM
(((Oma)))

Can't respond to your PM either...so here's where I'm going...

http://www.caledonian.ac.uk

It's a lovely campus :D

BrenRen
September 10th, 2005, 01:38 PM

Considering I've felt like I've got an army of them mucking about there for the last week, I'd consider *one* to be a significant improvement! LOL

Phew, at least you've not mixed them with the Naquadah enhanced cookies - that could have been http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/12/12_1_112.gif
and left you feeling kinda like this http://bestsmileys.com/fire/2.gif

I figured I'd save my order for those until after I beat off this stupid infection...

With that in mind, I'd like to order a couple dozen more of these:

They really do the trick, and much more pleasurable side-effects than the nasty syrup the doc gave me!

Oma-1
September 10th, 2005, 01:41 PM
http://img167.imageshack.us/img167/6320/l4jses8cf.jpg

Err ..... could be a while before he gets to you :o Happy Birthday anyway :D

dipsofjazz
September 10th, 2005, 02:30 PM
:D Happy Birthday SES and LOL4JACK :D

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v491/dipsofjazz/Sam%20and%20Jack/Serpents-Venom-tummy.jpg

http://www.eboards4all.com/smilies/birthday.gif

shipper hannah
September 10th, 2005, 02:37 PM
hello again shipperfamily!! :)
any ship in babylon by any remote chance? *crosses fingers* :o
i honestly dont think that sam calling mitch by his first name means ship. they're both friends and of the same rank. tptb wouldn't be stupid enough to try and develop a romantic ship there. :rolleyes:

shipper hannah
September 10th, 2005, 02:40 PM
(((Oma)))

Can't respond to your PM either...so here's where I'm going...

http://www.caledonian.ac.uk

It's a lovely campus :D

good luck in uni suekay! :)
can't give you green though, sorry :(

nell
September 10th, 2005, 03:12 PM
Hi folks, sg1fanintn pointed me over here. Talk about a happy-go-lucky group! Last night, one of my favourite Sam/Jack fanfiction authors wrote en episode insert for Babylon that I think many of you might love to read (based on some of the sad posts I see in the last two pages here).

I'm sure most of you already know of Kate McKay, the story is called "The Rest of Babylon" and I highly recommend it after yesterday's episode. It's everything we didn't get to see last night...

Cheers**
.A.

WELCOME ANUNNAKI!!! Please visit us often!!!

trupi
September 10th, 2005, 04:53 PM
Hi everyone! Will be gone for a few days. Been sitting on the beach all day and tommorrow I have a beach wedding. Talk when I get back.

Token
September 10th, 2005, 06:06 PM
Ok, I don't know WHAT is going on with the forum, but http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/4/4_2_204v.gif (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZSzfw003)! I must really love my Shipper Family to put myself through this torture! ;)

Token - Wanna post a really snarky, sarcastic plot line involving lots of S/J ship? :D :D

I tried to write a snarky, sarcastic plot line for you, but it didn't come out that way. :o Now I know how fanfic authors feel when the story they start to write takes on a mind of its own. :rolleyes: It's a little long. GW freezes up every time I try to post it. I've been trying since yesterday morning! :mad: Desperation caused me to upload it as a fanfic :eek:! It was only meant for the Shipper Family, but I couldn't think of another way to share it. Anyway, here is the link for a bit of frivolous fun!

http://www.gateworld.net/fanfic/archive/40/opportunityknocks.html
http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/36/36_16_24.gif (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZSzfw003) (this is the smiley for the end :p )

stargate barbie
September 10th, 2005, 06:13 PM
hey. just read a good fic on ff.net called "the rest of babylon". haven't seen any season 9 eps, including last nights, but i enjoyed the fic nonetheless. its just the kind of fic i look forward to, where someone makes shippy moments where ordinarily there was little or none to start with.

sueKay
September 10th, 2005, 06:13 PM
ROTFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

spoiler for tokens ficlet 'I need crumbs all over my body!'

BRAVO BRAVO!!!!!!

*gets her breath back*

ooh...token...are you going to delve into the world of fanfic now???

Token
September 10th, 2005, 06:16 PM
http://bestsmileys.com/birthday1/10.gif
Happy Birthday, ses & LOL4JACK!

May all your Birthday Wishes come true!!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v334/Token04/DeathKnellShort.gif

This is what Sam and Jack do
when the camera is off! :p

http://bestsmileys.com/birthday1/10.gif

Token
September 10th, 2005, 06:19 PM
ROTFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

spoiler for tokens ficlet 'I need crumbs all over my body!'

BRAVO BRAVO!!!!!!

*gets her breath back*

ooh...token...are you going to delve into the world of fanfic now???

Thanks, sueKay!!! But....no! :p I will leave the real fanfic for your capable hands and creative mind! ;)

stargate barbie
September 10th, 2005, 06:25 PM

Cheers**
.A.
hey, sorry, i missed a page in my quick skimming of posts and missed your post about this fic. d'oh!

Token
September 10th, 2005, 06:49 PM

Cheers**
.A.

http://bestsmileys.com/welcome/12.gif
Anunnaki
To the Shipper Family!
:D :D

Thanks for the link!! That was FANTABULOUS!!! I am absolutely POSITIVE that is exactly what happened!! ;) As we say in the Family, "That's my story...." :p

Anunnaki
September 10th, 2005, 07:33 PM
Wow, now that is quite a fabulous welcome. I'm very happy to 'meet' all of you.

PS-> I love all the birthday artwork you've been passing back and forth; it's hilarious!

Cheers**
.A.

nell
September 10th, 2005, 08:54 PM
Um, just checking in!! Hello, hello??!! Well, I just bought Seasons 1 and 4 on a 25% off sale at Best Buy in the D.C. area!!! I purchased Season 7 a couple of weeks ago at full price and they credited me for the sale price. So, cost is $32.99 each. Not bad, I think. Don't tell me if you got it cheaper!!! I'm basking in my savings' savvy purchase tonight!!! Seriously, if you got it cheaper that is terrific!!

Although I feel a little funny spending $100 on DVDs. My little hobby began with watching the show, reading fanfics, posting on the forum, videotaping the shows, writing a fanfic or two, Beta-ing for a Ship writer, buying one Stargate magazine, buying Sally Reeve's A Matter of Honor from the U.K.(no, I ordered it not fly over to buy it, hee, hee!!), and now I have dropped $100 within two weeks on DVDs. Hmmm, now that I reflect on this I am making a logical progression in developing my hobby. Actually, my hubby encouraged me to buy the DVDs. So, maybe I shouldn't feel funny about spending that amount of money but pleased and happy that I have a fun and pleasurable activity. OK, I'm gonna rip the shrink wrap off all those boxed sets and have a whole lotta Ship viewing!!!!!!!!!!

I hope this comes across the right way cause I know alot of you have spent lots of money especially for conventions. I'm just pondering my investment in The Ship. The creative ways have been fabulous for me. The socializing is dear to me. So, maybe I'm just adjusting to the cost of a hobby.

So, how have any of you developed your Shippy hobby??? What do you enjoy the best about your hobby? Writing? Graphics arts? Etc. Did you discover a talent or interest that you did not expect? :p ;)

Please don't tell me I'm off topic because this is about the Whys and Whats of how we Ship. ;)

Cathain Nottingham
September 10th, 2005, 09:08 PM
So, how have any of you developed your Shippy hobby??? What do you enjoy the best about your hobby? Writing? Graphics arts? Etc. Did you discover a talent or interest that you did not expect? :p ;)

Please don't tell me I'm off topic because this is about the Whys and Whats of how we Ship. ;)

I threw myself into Stargate after it jumped from Showtime to syndication and SciFi channel. I taped every episode even though I watched it, bought the illustrated companions and began my DVD collection. What really fueled all of that was reading fan fiction actually.

On a dare I was challenged to write a story and submit it to see what would happen - I did and now 50+ stories later I own every season out, I have all of the magazines and books that come out in the US (I'm trying to figure out a way to snag some of the UK books), various calendars that I got for Christmas and such (one of which is right here at my desk), an ever growing fan fiction portfolio and in the past month I've begun doing some manips and such.

Not to mention the websites I run or co-run, which include two YahooGroups, two RPGs and my official site.

gwenhwyfar
September 10th, 2005, 10:15 PM
Ok, I don't know WHAT is going on with the forum, but http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/4/4_2_204v.gif (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZSzfw003)! I must really love my Shipper Family to put myself through this torture! ;)

I tried to write a snarky, sarcastic plot line for you, but it didn't come out that way. :o Now I know how fanfic authors feel when the story they start to write takes on a mind of its own. :rolleyes: It's a little long. GW freezes up every time I try to post it. I've been trying since yesterday morning! :mad: Desperation caused me to upload it as a fanfic :eek:! It was only meant for the Shipper Family, but I couldn't think of another way to share it. Anyway, here is the link for a bit of frivolous fun!

http://www.gateworld.net/fanfic/archive/40/opportunityknocks.html
http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/36/36_16_24.gif (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZSzfw003) (this is the smiley for the end :p )

This was GREAT!!!! You should write fanfics.

SG1Poz
September 10th, 2005, 10:19 PM

Cheers**
.A.

WELCOME Anunnaki !!!! It's good to see you here:)

Ses110!! A belated Happy Birthday to you! I hope it was the best! :)

Poz

For those who don't know Anunnaki from the S & J group, this shipper has written some great fanfics !

lonely_star
September 10th, 2005, 11:54 PM
WELCOME ANUNNAKI !!!!!

have fun and post a lot, and BTH I lOVE your fics !!! :)

Token that was great !!! :D :D I love what those little yellow cookies can do !!! :D do you thing they would do something like that with Purple PASSION jello ??? ! :p :D ;)

http://img228.imageshack.us/img228/2522/purplepassionjello6mm.png

got to go, I'm meeting LOL4JACK today !! yay ! have fun shipping and see ya all very soon!!

oh BTW if someone feels up to make me a sig that would be awesome ;) SueKay is at UNI now ( ;) congrats again) so won't have time to do so. Let me know I'll send you the PM I sent to Suz with the ideas.

I'm so happy, the film I've been working on during my internship (that is over now !! YAY!!) just had the special award of the jury at the Venice Film Festival ! that's great !!! sorry for the OT :o I needed to share my joy :o

gatebee
September 11th, 2005, 12:39 AM
http://bestsmileys.com/birthday2/10.gif
LOL4JACK and Ses101

gatebee
September 11th, 2005, 12:40 AM
http://bestsmileys.com/welcome/4.gif
ANUNNAKI

gatebee
September 11th, 2005, 12:45 AM
just because I miss them so....
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v205/FilBrit1/ship/905302d2.jpg
pic fr florence

majorsal
September 11th, 2005, 12:50 AM
i need to vent, so please bear with me. this vent talks about chimera.

i just got the new illustrated companion book for seasons 7 and 8, and of course, i go and read the ship related and controversial eps first. and i started with chimera.

:( :( :(

i won't give you details, other than amanda went on and on and on and on about how wonderful it was to film the makeout-against-the-wall scene with pete/david. by the time i was done, i wanted to cry.

shippers, don't buy this book. save yourselves the heartbreak.

and i can't believe i'm about to say this, and i know i'm going to be slammed by my sam friends on the sam thread, but... shame on you, amanda. if you were reading this... i'm really going to have to leave now, because i want to cry.

sally :( :( :( :(

pittsburghgirl
September 11th, 2005, 12:57 AM
majorsal-be warned the gal that writes these particular books is not a shipper-in fact i don't think she is very much interested in it at all-and whatever slant there is on what Amanda had to say-take with a grain of salt-in fact -use the whole container.

sg-1fanintn
September 11th, 2005, 01:14 AM
Welcome, Anunnaki!

Happy birthday, ses110!

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y128/newsgoddess/OutofMindSamjack44.jpg

Shhhhh, Sam! We gotta be quiet til LOL4JACK and ses110 get here. THEN, we yell, "Surprise!"

sg-1fanintn
September 11th, 2005, 02:03 AM
I know the following is off-topic, but I'm going on instinct. I hope no one will mind this reminder that today is September 11.

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y128/newsgoddess/113-018-smaller.jpg

Equinox
September 11th, 2005, 02:04 AM
Hey guys! Have not finished my next section of SG-Clay Men yes as I've been workign on a few other filming projests. But here is 2 artworks I have been doing.

Oh and I mase a Yellow kitchen for one of the SG-Clay scenes which will be made especially for you guys featuring the BHK. :)

http://storage.msn.com/x1pi9AUjD9T4AWZRmJFChP_xQgJvq2NDJo_UCbmWIrFScNPS7RVZDW9WgJJEVGLMV1y8qQqgok_YkMXO xaEbOy-9KLvXQimjmPHTbB2nP_HlwkovpVmwFw3BqdPDzb6wKvNhm13UUwILAG_GSoRZ7QyXw

Sam and Jack having Dinner in Atlantis...

http://storage.msn.com/x1pi9AUjD9T4AWZRmJFChP_xQgJvq2NDJo_UCbmWIrFScPp7iIqe8d2SH9j_SC2waEAVMwa9npOmjoJP Pie82rNMhtMQpvBaHoobKi9WX16ROEmmpCBaQMonSmYsO7uBMy98GM7gkGBJ0RkleqNoVgZHg

Clay Stargate Mask I made...

TTYL! :)

-Kc

smea
September 11th, 2005, 04:09 AM
Hey guys! Have not finished my next section of SG-Clay Men yes as I've been workign on a few other filming projests. But here is 2 artworks I have been doing.

Oh and I mase a Yellow kitchen for one of the SG-Clay scenes which will be made especially for you guys featuring the BHK. :)

http://storage.msn.com/x1pi9AUjD9T4AWZRmJFChP_xQgJvq2NDJo_UCbmWIrFScNPS7RVZDW9WgJJEVGLMV1y8qQqgok_YkMXO xaEbOy-9KLvXQimjmPHTbB2nP_HlwkovpVmwFw3BqdPDzb6wKvNhm13UUwILAG_GSoRZ7QyXw

Sam and Jack having Dinner in Atlantis...

http://storage.msn.com/x1pi9AUjD9T4AWZRmJFChP_xQgJvq2NDJo_UCbmWIrFScPp7iIqe8d2SH9j_SC2waEAVMwa9npOmjoJP Pie82rNMhtMQpvBaHoobKi9WX16ROEmmpCBaQMonSmYsO7uBMy98GM7gkGBJ0RkleqNoVgZHg

Clay Stargate Mask I made...

TTYL! :)

-Kc

:eek: You're such an artist.. its so unfair! LOL.. good job on it all, and I cant wait to see the little SG-1 figures again :D

______

Also.. my thoughts are with you guys in the US. I hope today doesnt bring bad any memories that are too awful :(

divcon
September 11th, 2005, 05:07 AM
Back to where it all began. :) ;)

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b187/divcon/001god02.jpg

trupi
September 11th, 2005, 07:10 AM
Happy Birthday Carolina! Just leeched off someone wireless signal(Only reason I'm connected). Love Ya! Maybe we can get together at LBI before the weather changes. Closer to you and Julie. Safe trip and I'll take of Peter's site.
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b124/trupi/partypenguins.jpg

majorsal
September 11th, 2005, 08:16 AM
majorsal-be warned the gal that writes these particular books is not a shipper-in fact i don't think she is very much interested in it at all-and whatever slant there is on what Amanda had to say-take with a grain of salt-in fact -use the whole container.

thank you.

i'm now in the process of returning this book. i won't pay out my hard earned money to be treated this unbiasly.

i really can't tell you how much this broke my heart. i wasn't that happy with the two previous books 'attitude' concerning ship, but this one i was sooooo excited to get because there were some awesome ship eps to read about. and not one of them were shippy - with chimera and affinity being torture sessions. all this was to me was a pro sam/pete and anti sam/jack experience. every ep that should have high-lighted s/j did not. (there isn't even a face to express what i'm feeling right now)

how much crap can any fan take before they just pack it in and quit, you know? god... i really want to cry.

sally :(

sg-1fanintn
September 11th, 2005, 08:47 AM
Sally.....sorry what you read was so upsetting. It's funny how easily that canhappen, isn't it? And suddenly, your good mood turns bad because you get hit with something you really didn't expect. I know I won't be buying those books---that's for sure!

BrenRen
September 11th, 2005, 08:57 AM
thank you.

i'm now in the process of returning this book. i won't pay out my hard earned money to be treated this unbiasly.

i really can't tell you how much this broke my heart. i wasn't that happy with the two previous books 'attitude' concerning ship, but this one i was sooooo excited to get because there were some awesome ship eps to read about. and not one of them were shippy - with chimera and affinity being torture sessions. all this was to me was a pro sam/pete and anti sam/jack experience. every ep that should have high-lighted s/j did not. (there isn't even a face to express what i'm feeling right now)

how much crap can any fan take before they just pack it in and quit, you know? god... i really want to cry.

sally :(
(((((((((((((((((((((Sally)))))))))))))))))))))

I feel your pain, honey! As for how much one can take... I managed to get throughseason eight... but the overall disappointment sank in hard over the summer... and I did pack it in.

I haven't bothered watching but a coupld eps of season nine, and it just never grabbed me like The Original SG1. Add to that the obvious lack of Ship, the main reason I've been tuning in for the last eight years... and this disgruntled viewer has given up. I've moved on, found a much more fullfilling Ship with an infinitely smarter production team holding the reins. Anyone here (besides Poz, who turned me onto it in the first place; Thanks a gazzillion, my friend!) watch Gilmore Girls? Now *that's* Ship done RIGHT.

But... as I've said before, I still adore Sam & Jack... the first four seasons of their lovestory were truly wonderful, and have given me more than plenty material to manipulate into even shippier directions thanx to the wonderful world of fanfic... And the stories for the second half were still plenty interesting, and left plenty of margins of error to *fix* in fic...

Once more, I say, Thank God for FanFic. It makes being a Shipper truly worth the time and emotional investments involved in such obsessions! ;)

jafacakes
September 11th, 2005, 09:14 AM
[I'm so happy, the film I've been working on during my internship (that is over now !! YAY!!) just had the special award of the jury at the Venice Film Festival ! that's great !!! sorry for the OT :o I needed to share my joy :o

That is fantastic :D Congratulations
And I'm just geen with envy that you work making films :D

SierraGolfCharlie
September 11th, 2005, 09:34 AM
Hi everyone! I have been a lurker in these threads forever and finally decided to come out of my hiding place. :) I am still in Stargate withdrawal...well I mean Sam/Jack withdrawal. As those know ;) came out of it briefly a couple weeks back but then it got worse! So anyway couldnt stand the wait for more SJ so decided to preorder season 8. Got 1 day shipping to. 1/3 the price of the dang DVD for it! Oh well.

Anyway so I know will enjoy chating with you all...or in otherwords watching you guys chat. :o Well have to go back to the ever present and OH SO WONDERFUL world of *drums please!* Homework...Aghh! Stop thowing tomatos! College is so much worse then High School....yea getting OT.

So will get out of all your hairs now *shuffles away* *curtains fall* *pokes head out of curtains* Forgot to add RDA withdrawal to! :( ...... :eek: You had to put the tomato on my face didnt ya? HMM? HMM?! *pokes head out of view*

BYE!!!!..For now lol.

Lord Zedd
September 11th, 2005, 09:39 AM
Hi guys how are you? I would like to say sorry forgive me I know I am late but anyway better late than never. So Happy birthday, LOL4JACK! and ses110! I have been busy getting our own forum online. ;)

Anunnaki
September 11th, 2005, 09:48 AM
i can't believe i'm about to say this, and i know i'm going to be slammed by my sam friends on the sam thread, but... shame on you, amanda. if you were reading this... i'm really going to have to leave now, because i want to cry. Oh, Sally. Don't cry sweetie.

You know what it is? Authors like that take the quotes they feel make their point for them. It's not a very balanced perspective sometimes.

But Amanda's not anti-Sam/Jack. She's anti-Sam/Weakness. And she can sound a bit mercurial when she's quoted in books and articles sometimes. I really think it's just the way the authors there are getting their own points across.

The fact is, Amanda and Rick as actors have incredible chemistry on-screen (and off!). When you cast for a long-term drama, you can't ask for better than that, and neither one of them would ever disparage the 'shipper' sect of their fans, because they know--they're the ones who made the whole thing happen in the first place.

I found a great post by a German fan right here on these boards. He tirelessly transcribed from the REGION 2 (SEASON EIGHT DVD) AUDIO COMMENTARY -- including some "PTB" POV. Some of it even highlights the chemistry between Amanda and Richard, which translated into Sam and Jack over the years. The original post is here:

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?p=4488194#post4488194

...But I'll quote from it for you anyway. Hopefully we'll get that smile back on your face.

Read what Peter (DeLuise) says about Amanda and Rick towards the end of Moebius...

[snip]

WW = Will Waring (director, camera)
PDL = Peter DeLuise (director, writer)
GJ = Gary Jones (actor, director)

(811 Audio Commentary "Gemini" by Will Waring (WW, Director))
(17min - RepliCarter meets O'Neill in the base and is ordered to shoot
him in her vision)
WW: "But she [RepliCarter] can't just shoot Jack - because she loves
him..."

(33min - Alt. Carter and Alt. O'Neill just got into the PJ [PuddleJumper])
PDL: "This is a fun scene because they're starting to have feelings for each other because no matter what timeline, they would be sort of be drawn to each other. Did you ever notice that? Did you ever notice
how Amanda will flirt with you like heavily, and then when Richard
comes into the room, it just stops? Like it's all about Richard?"
GJ: "She NEVER flirted with me."
PDL: "Never?"
GJ: "Nah! She just kicks me out, you know... She just comes in and
goes, 'What have we got? What have we got? What's going on?' And I go,
'I don't know!' And she goes, 'Move over!'"
PDL: "She doesn't say, 'Move over', she taps your shoulder and you get
up, right? Why is that? Have you asked yourself that?"
GJ: "I asked the fans, and the fans crack up because they know..."
PDL: "It's HER bum to be pressed against the material that where your
bum was just being pressed up against. Was that not..."
GJ: "I DON'T think so."
PDL: "Well, then you explain it(!)"
GJ: "Oh, because you know I'm doing a good job, but she does it
BETTER. But she's not gonna be..."
PDL: "I never thought of her that way. Because I always thought, you
know, no-one was better opening the iris than you."

(37min - Alt. Carter and Alt. O'Neill aboard the PJ, which is being
shot at by Ra's Jaffa)
PDL: "This was a lot of fun. Do you remember the old series 'Love
American Style'?"
GJ: "Yeah."
PDL: "Do you remember when they would kiss, and there would be
fireworks? Do you remember when you first met your wife?"
GJ: "Love American Sty-hyh-yle..."
PDL: "Well, this is a much anticipated for moment where they kiss, and
all the sparks go bam-bam-bam-kah-bam-bam-bam, right?"
GJ: "That's cool. What's going on?"
PDL: "I tried to play it as much as possible."
(Daniel and Alt. Teal'c deal with the Ra's Jaffa)
PDL: "So Ra is not a god. And I'm speaking English to you even though
you're from Ancient Egypt. And what's going on? Yeah, they still don't
speak English, Teal'c. They're still from Ancient Egypt."
GJ: "Relinquish - what?!"

(40min - last scene at O'Neill's pond, and End Titles)
PDL: "Now, did you ever see the famous 'The Simpsons' where Homer goes
back in time several times over trying to make the timeline right? And
he finally finally finally gets it right, and he's eating diner with
his family, and they all have forked, snake-like tongues? And he goes,
'Close enough', because he can't get back anymore. It'd just kill him,
right? 'Close enough', the fish in the pond, there's not supposed to
be any fish in this pond. 'Didn't you say there were no fish in this
pond?' - 'Close enough.' Inspired by the Simpsons episode. Close
enough. And even though there's fish in this pond, there's something a
miss."
GJ: "Right."
PDL: "With the timeline, if there are in fact fish in this pond. But
he's close enough because of the Simpsons homage. This is the same
pullback from Threads, without the cut-aways with the fish in the
pond. If this had been this last episode that Richard or the show or
whatever, that would have been their riding off into the sunset moment
right there. He finally gets Carter to go fishing with him, which a lot of the fans have been waiting for for many many years."
GJ: "I'm curious what my very final shot is gonna be."
PDL: "I think your final shot will probably be on a space ship with a
harem of beautiful exotic alien women, who're all green."
GJ: "Oh, and I'm just reaching out and clicking off the intercom ."
PDL: "Yes."
GJ: "My final reach and grab."
PDL: "Got to. And for those of you who don't know about reach and
grab, watch Gary. He's the master."

Smile Sally! It's just some author using quotes she gleaned from Amanda to establish her own point of view. It's not Amanda making any statements about Sam and Jack at all. Truly.

Trust you me... ;)

.A.

sg-1fanintn
September 11th, 2005, 10:00 AM
Wonderful post, Anunnaki! I knew you'd be a good addition here. And I will tell you that it's very rare that majorsal gets upset, because she sees the "long view" better than almost all of us.

C'mon, Sally, cheer up. She's right. It's been proven more times than we can count. Some authori is just trying to establish her own point of view. Sam and Jack are together, and Rick and AT will eventually resolve their story for us. Keep the faith, sweetie!!!!!

Hulabaloo
September 11th, 2005, 10:52 AM
We're keeping faith! Great post!

sueKay
September 11th, 2005, 11:18 AM
Just popping in to say...

((((((((((((((Sally))))))))))))))))

Aw honey...I should have warned you about those books...I've read all of them at Borders but never bought any of them because of the anti-S/J slant the writer loves.

I've given you wee message in your rep...hope it cheers you up a bit...

Gotta go!

Suz
xxxxx

smea
September 11th, 2005, 11:42 AM
Hi everyone! I have been a lurker in these threads forever and finally decided to come out of my hiding place. :) I am still in Stargate withdrawal...well I mean Sam/Jack withdrawal. As those know ;) came out of it briefly a couple weeks back but then it got worse! So anyway couldnt stand the wait for more SJ so decided to preorder season 8. Got 1 day shipping to. 1/3 the price of the dang DVD for it! Oh well.

Anyway so I know will enjoy chating with you all...or in otherwords watching you guys chat. :o Well have to go back to the ever present and OH SO WONDERFUL world of *drums please!* Homework...Aghh! Stop thowing tomatos! College is so much worse then High School....yea getting OT.

So will get out of all your hairs now *shuffles away* *curtains fall* *pokes head out of curtains* Forgot to add RDA withdrawal to! :( ...... :eek: You had to put the tomato on my face didnt ya? HMM? HMM?! *pokes head out of view*

BYE!!!!..For now lol.

HEY! and welcome. I know how you feel, lol. I stopped lurking a couple of weeks ago.. its great here :D I never knew there were so many people who felt the same as me!! lol.

Anyway... good luck with your homework.. I have lots too :( and Im not even in college yet... *gets scared*

And yeah... S/J & RDA withdrawal.. S9 hasnt even aired over here yet, and Im feeling it. Im just so scared it wont be the same... but RDA's family is more important that SG-1 and Im glad he's got the chance to spend more time with them :D

SallyLizzie
September 11th, 2005, 11:47 AM
Just popping in before i head off to work bc i heard something yesterday that i thought only you guys would appreciate.

There i was standing at the bar (where i work) and i hear two guys comparing fishing to sex :eek: Made me laugh bc i instantly thought of Jack and Sam ;)

sueKay
September 11th, 2005, 11:55 AM
WELCOME SIERRAGOLFCHARLIE AND SALLY LIZZIE!!!!!!!!!!!!

Have fun and post lots!!!

Well...I probably wont be around much during the week...C-Day is tomorrow (Caledonian Day...my University) and I'm TERRIFIED!!!

Wish me luck!

ST-1
September 11th, 2005, 11:58 AM
By popular request (and because I had already written it anyway ;) ), here is the finale to my most recent run of shipfics: Aftermath (http://www.gateworld.net/fanfic/archive/40/aftermath.html), sequel to Focal Point and All The Way, both of which you can find by clicking the link in my siggie.

Please R&R, and enjoy! :)

Bucky
September 11th, 2005, 12:06 PM
WELCOME SIERRAGOLFCHARLIE AND SALLY LIZZIE!!!!!!!!!!!!

Have fun and post lots!!!

Well...I probably wont be around much during the week...C-Day is tomorrow (Caledonian Day...my University) and I'm TERRIFIED!!!

Wish me luck!

Hey Kiddo!

Good luck.

...and don't worry. All the other first year students are just as scared as you are.

The Shipper Family is right behind you, waving, looking in the dorm room closet, staring down that guy in the corner who's been eyeing you. We're right here if you need us (and we'll be good if you have to shoo us off while you study.)

Bucky

sueKay
September 11th, 2005, 12:45 PM
(((Bucky)))

Thank you!

Luckily I'm living at home...I'm only about 20 miles from the campus, so it's not too far!

And if the guy eyeing me up happens to be a certain silver haired USAF General...don't worry...I'll handle him :P :D

sg-1fanintn
September 11th, 2005, 12:47 PM
Welcome, SierraGulfCharlie!
Welcome, Sally Lizzie!

This is a great place to share thoughts of Sam and Jack. The people here are great, and we have some really good discussions. We also go off-topic from time to time. For instance, I know my friends in Pennsylvania are happy this afternoon, because the Steelers are killing the Titans! Ah, well. Better luck next week.

But please come back and play with us often. We're subject to drastic mood swings, depending on the public state of THE SHIP. But deep down inside, someone is always here to remind us that there's no way Sam and Jack aren't together at this point, and that TPTB will give us a resolution.....eventually.

lonely_star
September 11th, 2005, 01:06 PM
good luck SueKay ! I'm sure everything is gonna be well and most of all, that you like it ! :) It's the beginning of a new life !! so have fun ! and tell us more soon !!!

I met Carolina today and that was very nice !! I could have talked with her for the whole day ! :) I hope you didn't miss your plane and have a great Bday "party"

that's a very good experience so if anybody comes in France keep me posted ;) Gatebee, let me know when you'll be there and I'll see if I'm available to come and see you :)

Annunaki thank you for yoru great post :) and I hope it bring a smile on Sally's face :o ;)

I'm out to read Aftermath ;)

Lord Zedd
September 11th, 2005, 01:24 PM
Hey sueKay

Good luck tommorow. Tell me everything :D University is hard but great too. You get to know other people who are way more nicer than in high school !

I made my first shipper banner :p what you think of it?
http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a362/stargateomega/stargateomegabannerSG105jpg.jpg (http://www.stargateomega.com)

sueKay
September 11th, 2005, 01:31 PM
(((((Anubis)))))

Thank you!

I sent you a PM at Omega a few days ago...did you get it?

Lord Zedd
September 11th, 2005, 01:39 PM
yup I did get it. I have responded at Stargate Omega :D I really hope you'll like it tommorow at university. It will be hard but don't give it up when it seems impossible. I had allmost given up but 2 days ago they had let me know I passed and I can go to the second grade of university !! :D

stargate barbie
September 11th, 2005, 01:41 PM
By popular request (and because I had already written it anyway ;) ), here is the finale to my most recent run of shipfics: Aftermath (http://www.gateworld.net/fanfic/archive/40/aftermath.html), sequel to Focal Point and All The Way, both of which you can find by clicking the link in my siggie.

Please R&R, and enjoy! :)
thanks for writing the ship fic. i'm enjoying this series. :D

sg-1fanintn
September 11th, 2005, 01:43 PM
Marion, it's so cool that you got to meet Carolina! I really think we need to have a Ship Family Convention. How about Opryland Hotel, Nashville?

Uber
September 11th, 2005, 01:44 PM
i need to vent, so please bear with me. this vent talks about chimera.

i just got the new illustrated companion book for seasons 7 and 8, and of course, i go and read the ship related and controversial eps first. and i started with chimera.

:( :( :(

i won't give you details, other than amanda went on and on and on and on about how wonderful it was to film the makeout-against-the-wall scene with pete/david. by the time i was done, i wanted to cry.

shippers, don't buy this book. save yourselves the heartbreak.

and i can't believe i'm about to say this, and i know i'm going to be slammed by my sam friends on the sam thread, but... shame on you, amanda. if you were reading this... i'm really going to have to leave now, because i want to cry.

sally :( :( :( :(Sal...I feel ya...but keep in mind that Amanda is an actress. She wants whatever she thinks will be an interesting development for her character.

She's been playing Samantha Carter for a long time...and as an actress, she appreciates any storyline that means her character will experience change or growth because that's what continues to make playing her interesting.

As far as what she said about Sam and Jack, she started her comment by saying that she doesn't really have an answer on the Sam/Jack topic. She then went on to suggest that perhaps they're better off as just friends...but she's vascilated on this topic for years now...and frankly I think she's a little tired of it. And do you blame her? You spend years developing a rich, complex character, you go so far as to even BLOW UP A SUN, for crying out loud...and all people ever ask is "What about Sam and Jack???"

Also remember she's the first to point out the shippy moments in commentaries too...I just relistened to Lost City commentaries and she was positively giddy when they were watching Sam call Jack by his first name...Amanda: "She called him Jack!!! That's very important..."

So I think that, as an actress, Amanda's happy that the issue isn't front burner this year...but like she said at the ComicCon, the future is wide open for Sam and Jack...

P.S...I hope I can count on shippers to vote for me in the Amanda Tapping Contest! please?

Sam_o_Neill
September 11th, 2005, 01:55 PM
(((((((((((Sally))))))))))))))
I read a comment from Amanda in the new official stargate magazine for this month and she was saying that she was glad they had got over the Sam pining for Jack thing...she said it was making her charatcer weak and she didn't like it. She also mentioned the fun she had with Pete i think....It did make me feel a bit upset that we have been following a wonderful ship between two characters when the actress playing one didn't believe in it :S

I don't want anyone to get the wrong idea, I love Amanda Tapping, she is a wonderful person but i just hoped she would be more supportive of the ship...

Sam_o_Neill
September 11th, 2005, 01:59 PM
okies i had to get that over with first... now i'll say Hi everyone! :)
I haven't been around for a while but i'm starting college tomorrow and i've had to get some stuff sorted....
I've noticed that Ship Nana has brought a new batch of her shipper cookies over so i'm going to order a box as 'essential college supplies' :P:) and also to cure my Sam/Jack, RDA withdrawl...

I havent read what anyone else thought of Babylon but i was pretty disappointed, i loved Ex Deus Machina and thought we were going to get another ep like that but sadly it didn't do too much to grab my attention although we did get to see some more of Mitchell. I'm hoping next week is better....