PDA

View Full Version : Sam Carter/Jack O'Neill Ship Appreciation Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57

Oma-1
April 11th, 2005, 02:16 PM
I don't think she waited hours...Teal'c wouldn't have survived if that were the case...he only had 4 hours of air to begin with and she heard Carter counting down the shut down, which would have been 38 minutes later.

He heeee discussion is fun isn't it :D :p

The SGC were worried that Teal'c wouldn't have enough time to break through the naquadah that had solidified round the gate in the time he had, and as Jack only got there as T was breaking through, must have been a good, long, while. Aside from that, she said "earlier, while you were in the fields" not, " a few mintues ago" or went to find him in the fields straight away cos it could have been important.

And I caught you on this one, Oma-1! :D She didn't know Teal'c was there. All she heard was Carter saying "15 seconds til shut down...," etc. Although there's no way she could have known exactly what was going on

I'm magnanimous :D I'll agree she didn't know T was there, but like you said

although she clearly grasped the reality that some sort of rescue mission was in place or at the very least, earth was trying to contact him.

If she really loved him, I probably wouldn't have so much of problem with her, but if she had really loved him, she would have put his needs above hers. She knew how much he was missing home and should have told him much much sooner.

Granted, she waited a little while before telling him because she didn't want to face the possibility of losing him...but you can see the conflict in her eyes a little bit later (not sure how long though) while Jack's telling tales of Minnesota.

GUILT!

So on the one hand she doesn't want to lose him but she told him the truth because she had integrity, and knew she couldn't live with knowing she got him by nefarious means.

That's my take on it.

At the risk of repeating myself (like that's ever been a problem :p ) ... GUILT ...although I like nefarious :D

By the way I take back what I said earlier. There's no way she could have been pregnant...Jack along with others from earth met with her and their leadership regarding the treaty between their two worlds. Now as dense as Jack can be at times, I'm fairly certain he would have noticed a massive bulging belly...

:D

PHEW! She wasn't pregant! YAY!!! *does happy dance*

Love ya MB :D

*grumbles* just can't stand that Laira woman ...

Uber
April 11th, 2005, 02:27 PM
He heeee discussion is fun isn't it :D :p

The SGC were worried that Teal'c wouldn't have enough time to break through the naquadah that had solidified round the gate in the time he had, and as Jack only got there as T was breaking through, must have been a good, long, while. Aside from that, she said "earlier, while you were in the fields" not, " a few mintues ago" or went to find him in the fields straight away cos it could have been important.

I'm magnanimous :D I'll agree she didn't know T was there, but like you said

If she really loved him, I probably wouldn't have so much of problem with her, but if she had really loved him, she would have put his needs above hers. She knew how much he was missing home and should have told him much much sooner.

GUILT!

At the risk of repeating myself (like that's ever been a problem :p ) ... GUILT ...although I like nefarious :D

PHEW! She wasn't pregant! YAY!!! *does happy dance*

Love ya MB :D

*grumbles* just can't stand that Laira woman ...
Well then thankfully, she had enough of a CONSCIENCE (from which she felt GUILT) that would not allow her to have Jack for herself if it meant keeping from him the fact that others were trying to reach him (one might attach that to integrity, but I digress :D).

You're probably closer to the time thing, though, because Teal'c only had 4 hours of oxygen to begin with, then she heard Carter 38 minutes later as the gate was shutting down...so how long between her hearing Sam and her letting Jack know about the radio? Heaven only knows. Probably closer to 2 or 3 hours...

But put yourself in her shoes. Would you let go of Jack that easily yourself? (well, I guess I would because he belongs with someone else)

I feel for her loss. She knew she would probably lose him but told him the truth anyway because it was the right thing to do *cough integrity cough*

Oma-1
April 11th, 2005, 02:42 PM
Well then thankfully, she had enough of a CONSCIENCE (from which she felt GUILT) that would not allow her to have Jack for herself if it meant keeping from him the fact that others were trying to reach him (one might attach that to integrity, but I digress :D).

ROFLMAO! :D :D I'll go out on a limb for ya, ok infintesimally small integrity :D, lots of GUILTY CONSCIENCE :p :p

You're probably closer to the time thing, though, because Teal'c only had 4 hours of oxygen to begin with, then she heard Carter 38 minutes later as the gate was shutting down...so how long between her hearing Sam and her letting Jack know about the radio? Heaven only knows. Probably closer to 2 or 3 hours...

But put yourself in her shoes. Would you let go of Jack that easily yourself? (well, I guess I would because he belongs with someone else)

Er ..... no. Your point? :p

I feel for her loss. She knew she would probably lose him but told him the truth anyway because it was the right thing to do *cough integrity cough*

I hope you're not trying to make me like her!!! I have to be forgiving in RL and with my GW family but when it comes to fictional characters I don't have to be anything of the sort! :p (or to be exact, this character in particular who is #2 on my hate list - only Kinsey beats her :p )

Anyway, at least we agree on the important things ....

SAM AND JACK FOREVER TOGETHER AND NEVER TO PART :D

(sorry, had a Kylie and Jason moment there :eek: )

Oma-1
April 11th, 2005, 02:45 PM
*looks around quickly*

Erm MB? Do you think we scared everyone away?

Oooooops :o

Uber
April 11th, 2005, 02:47 PM
ROFLMAO! :D :D I'll go out on a limb for ya, ok infintesimally small integrity :D, lots of GUILTY CONSCIENCE :p :p

Anyway, at least we agree on the important things ....

SAM AND JACK FOREVER TOGETHER AND NEVER TO PART :D

(sorry, had a Kylie and Jason moment there :eek: )
We'll ALWAYS agree on that one!!! :D

How did you feel about Narim (Enigma/Pretense/Between two Fires).

I mean he still might be alive you know! Just because the radio transmission died doesn't mean he did as well...

He could still be out there pining for Sam!

Uber
April 11th, 2005, 02:49 PM
*looks around quickly*

Erm MB? Do you think we scared everyone away?

Oooooops :o
And why might you say that?

Could it be because we're PRACTICALLY the only two people posting on this page...

Hmm. Nope. Don't see it.

Oma-1
April 11th, 2005, 03:05 PM
We'll ALWAYS agree on that one!!! :D

How did you feel about Narim (Enigma/Pretense/Between two Fires).

I mean he still might be alive you know! Just because the radio transmission died doesn't mean he did as well...

He could still be out there pining for Sam!
You want me to be really honest? Well, you asked!

I kinda felt sorry for him. I mean, his planet was destroyed the first time by a volcano, and the second by the goa'uld. How much worse does it get!

As far as his ship for Sam, I kinda felt sorry for him there too. I did cringe at the angel bit though soooo twee. It was obvious that Sam liked him, but didn't return the same depth of emotion.

Bearing in mind, I only saw Enigma about 6 months ago when I got S1, Sam & Jack were already firmly established for me. If I had seen it in order, I don't know how I would have felt.

But Narim turned out to be such a sweetie and such a good guy with bucket loads of (dare I say it?) INTEGRITY :p it's impossible to dislike him. :)

I saw lots of eps in a really strange order cos I first started watching reruns on cable and only saw from second half of S5 in order. The strange thing is I did manage to see the Martouf S3/4 story line pretty much in order, but cos I hadn't seen In The Line Of Duty or Tok'Ra I just found it confusing. I mean, when you don't know who the Tok'ra are, it gets really confusing when everybody has 2 names! Then I saw D&C, went wild with glee, and never worried about Martouf again :D Meant I could appreciate him for his devotion to Jolinar and then to Sam, and his willingness to make the Tau'ri / Tok'ra alliance work.

Baal_babe1
April 11th, 2005, 03:13 PM
you think you are the only two on...but really you're not *giggles nefariously* we are watching you...yes watching...hehehehehehehehehehehehe

LOL4JACK
April 11th, 2005, 03:14 PM
My concern about this is that, since we pretty much know that RDA's time on the show in S9 is going to be pretty much non-existent, if they give us anything shippy, it'll be something stupid like Jack in somebody else's body or, God forbid, another AU with the same. How can they possibly give us ship if one of the pair isn't around?

We could always petition for a movie :rolleyes: , I don't think TPTB would ever consider doing a movie without RDA and RDA saying no.... they thought about it once, why not again :D

Uber
April 11th, 2005, 03:18 PM
You want me to be really honest? Well, you asked!

I kinda felt sorry for him. I mean, his planet was destroyed the first time by a volcano, and the second by the goa'uld. How much worse does it get!

As far as his ship for Sam, I kinda felt sorry for him there too. I did cringe at the angel bit though soooo twee. It was obvious that Sam liked him, but didn't return the same depth of emotion.

Bearing in mind, I only saw Enigma about 6 months ago when I got S1, Sam & Jack were already firmly established for me. If I had seen it in order, I don't know how I would have felt.

But Narim turned out to be such a sweetie and such a good guy with bucket loads of (dare I say it?) INTEGRITY :p it's impossible to dislike him. :)

I saw lots of eps in a really strange order cos I first started watching reruns on cable and only saw from second half of S5 in order. The strange thing is I did manage to see the Martouf S3/4 story line pretty much in order, but cos I hadn't seen In The Line Of Duty or Tok'Ra I just found it confusing. I mean, when you don't know who the Tok'ra are, it gets really confusing when everybody has 2 names! Then I saw D&C, went wild with glee, and never worried about Martouf again :D Meant I could appreciate him for his devotion to Jolinar and then to Sam, and his willingness to make the Tau'ri / Tok'ra alliance work.
I loved Narim's home voice system...In Between Two Fires...the look on her face...

SAM'S VOICE: Greeting, Narim. Welcome home. Atmospheric control is active. Shall I prepare a mid day meal for you and your guests?
NARIM: No, thank you.
SAM: Narim?
NARIM: Yes, Samantha?
SAM: Is that my voice?
NARIM: I'm sorry. I was hoping you wouldn't notice.

Narim sensed something was different with Sam in Pretense and we know that she was at least considering a relationship with him but had to first sort out her Sam vs. Jolinar emotions...

But then by Between Two Fires, the vibe between them was definitely different. He still had a crush on her but she only mildly appreciated it. It was clear that she didn't have the same depth of feelings for him that he had for her.

LOL4JACK
April 11th, 2005, 03:19 PM
Hi everyone, I'm a new member at this forum and am a major Jack and Sam shipper, which I'm sure people on this thread will be glad to hear. :p I just posted to introduce myself, I'm not sure if this was the right place but I'm still trying to find my way around the forum, so I apologise for any mistakes I make, lol.
Welcome Nikki you are going to love it here!!! I can say from a first hand Newbie, that it's all about love, shipping, fishing, family and cake...

Lunar
April 11th, 2005, 03:28 PM
(((shipper family)))
It's been too long since I've properly posted here. Watching D&C has reawakened my almost dormant (:eek: ) shipper passion.
I think I may go and right a fanfic dealing with how S and J cope when they have to do the long distance relationship thing in s9...
I can dream, can I not?? Although my spec on s9 is that we'll here absolutely zippety squat on the S/J front. It'll all be up to us to interpret... :( Still, I've been wrong a million times before.

LOL4JACK
April 11th, 2005, 03:33 PM
OMG!!!! I never watched One Hundred Days, I think I'm going to have a heart attack this friday :eek: :eek: :eek:

So many things to look at....

THAT'S IS ANOTHER REASON WHY I LOVE MY SHIPPER FAMILY.... You open my EYES TO THE SHIPPING!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :p :p :p :p :p

At the begining it was just LOVE for RDA, then it was LOVE for S/J, I mean, who wouldn't want to be here and now being her I'm just discovering a whole new world... THANKS! :) :)

Oma-1
April 11th, 2005, 03:34 PM
I loved Narim's home voice system...In Between Two Fires...the look on her face...

SAM'S VOICE: Greeting, Narim. Welcome home. Atmospheric control is active. Shall I prepare a mid day meal for you and your guests?
NARIM: No, thank you.
SAM: Narim?
NARIM: Yes, Samantha?
SAM: Is that my voice?
NARIM: I'm sorry. I was hoping you wouldn't notice.

Narim sensed something was different with Sam in Pretense and we know that she was at least considering a relationship with him but had to first sort out her Sam vs. Jolinar emotions...

But then by Between Two Fires, the vibe between them was definitely different. He still had a crush on her but she only mildly appreciated it. It was clear that she didn't have the same depth of feelings for him that he had for her.
I loved that bit too! Like she wouldn't notice :p And T just raises the eyebrow :) Great stuff.

See, now (oh no here I go again!) Sam was flattered by Narim in Enigma, but I thought that she hadn't really considered starting anything with Narim and was sorting out the whole Jolinar/Martouf thing first.

But it wouldn't be the first time I misunderstood something! I think I may have posted this already once, (if I have I apologise for repeating myself ) but I thought in Grace when Jack said I'm a safe bet he meant Sam wouldn't have to worry about him hurting her and was encouraging her to start a relationship with him! Then the kiss! I'm sure you can imagine how horrified I was at Chimera :eek: I was ranting in disbelief at the TV :p :o

Er ... where was I? .... Narim.

I think Sam really liked him, was very flattered by his feelings for her, but was never able to return them - intially because of shock (Enigma) - he left so quickly after making the depth of his feelings known. (I'm sure Sam suspected something before cos he wasn't exactly backward about coming forward.) Then dealing with the aftermath of Jolinar, and then by S5 she was in love with Jack, and poor Narim had missed the boat. He realised it, but was still selfless enough and had enough integrity to sacrifice his whole planet to do the right thing.

Narim didn't seem like hero material when we first met him in Engima, but tptb wrote some great character development for him, as well as dealing with the N/S ship really well.

Uber
April 11th, 2005, 03:51 PM
(((shipper family)))
It's been too long since I've properly posted here. Watching D&C has reawakened my almost dormant (:eek: ) shipper passion.
I think I may go and right a fanfic dealing with how S and J cope when they have to do the long distance relationship thing in s9...
I can dream, can I not?? Although my spec on s9 is that we'll here absolutely zippety squat on the S/J front. It'll all be up to us to interpret... :( Still, I've been wrong a million times before.
I'm happy to say I disagree with you here (although I TOO have been wrong a million times before).

Let's observe some facts here, shall we? Without Jack at the SGC the anti-shippers don't have the long standing argument against ship (other than the fact that they just don't see any chemistry between the two)...and that is that it would interfere with the team and would go against USAF regs. With Jack as potentially a civilian at Home World Security, that problem's gone.

I don't honestly believe TPTB would be stupid enough to focus on the end of Sam's relationship with Pete and Jack's relationship with Kerry if they were going to completely drop the topic like a hot potato. I mean, the issue has now been discussed. They aren't avoiding the ship...they've delved into it!

It would be criminally stupid to completely ignore it next season, as it will cost them a massive part of their fan base. IMHO, anti-shippers who hated the shippiness of Affinity, Threads, Citizen Joe and Moebius are already offended...the "damage" has been done on this point for them. (Again, just my HO). So, the only thing result of avoiding any J/S ship in Season 9 would be the alienation of the very fan base they sought to show some support for at the end of Season 8...as I don't believe it would make anti-shippers happier; because like I said before, for them, the damage is done.

Do I expect another Threads? No, of course not. In fact, it wouldn't even be appropriate, I think. Threads was great in having both Sam and Jack make massive changes in their personal lives opening the door to a future together and is unnecessary to repeat. Sam realized that just being willing to share your life with SOMEONE is not what "Jacob" was trying to instruct her in Grace. She realized it had to really mean something and be with someone she really truly loved and WANTED to be with. Jack tried to move on in his own way...but of course, it was never really serious and clearly never would have been. Kerry caught the vibe between them immediately and knew it was time to bail out before she was in too deep. I have to wonder if she hadn't pulled the plug, if Jack would have. But thank goodness for Kerry reminding him that he had options and that life was too short to sacrifice happiness for strict adherence regulations.

I do expect subtleties though. A little here, a little there...just enough to keep our interest piqued until hopefully before the end of the series, a real open acknowledgement of ship between the two...like a big honkin' kiss!

And I actually think that Jack's not being there will actually make the show better as a whole because after a while, the characters interactions cannot help but be weighed down by the ship. Now Sam can focus on being a great team leader now that her personal life has some resolution.

sueKay
April 11th, 2005, 03:56 PM
((((((((((((((((((LUNAR))))))))))))))))))))))))

Good to *see* ya!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm convinced that the ship's in....CONVINCED!!!!!

BTW - Have you heard ANYTHING from MichelleB as of late? She dissappeared Feb' 28th and hasn't been online since...I've got an overactive imagination, so I'm really worried.

majorsal
April 11th, 2005, 03:57 PM
Good morning Shippers, I have'nt stopped by in a while. But I wanted to check on everyone. This may have been discussed already, but how many shippers are planning on watching season 9? I know I am, I will at least give it a try.

i'm going to give season nine a try, but i'm prob waiting until the sixth ep when sam comes back. besides being a huge shipper, i'm also a huge sam fan, so watching the first five eps without sam sounds pretty boring for me. i'll prob record the eps i know jack's going to be in (first and third), and then play back just his parts. i'm not trying to diss the show, but my main interests for me for this show now are sam, sam/jack, and jack. as a sam fan/shipper said once, 'wake me when sam comes back'. :p

sally :)

Uber
April 11th, 2005, 03:59 PM
I loved that bit too! Like she wouldn't notice :p And T just raises the eyebrow :) Great stuff.

See, now (oh no here I go again!) Sam was flattered by Narim in Enigma, but I thought that she hadn't really considered starting anything with Narim and was sorting out the whole Jolinar/Martouf thing first.

But it wouldn't be the first time I misunderstood something! I think I may have posted this already once, (if I have I apologise for repeating myself ) but I thought in Grace when Jack said I'm a safe bet he meant Sam wouldn't have to worry about him hurting her and was encouraging her to start a relationship with him! Then the kiss! I'm sure you can imagine how horrified I was at Chimera :eek: I was ranting in disbelief at the TV :p :o

Er ... where was I? .... Narim.

I think Sam really liked him, was very flattered by his feelings for her, but was never able to return them - intially because of shock (Enigma) - he left so quickly after making the depth of his feelings known. (I'm sure Sam suspected something before cos he wasn't exactly backward about coming forward.) Then dealing with the aftermath of Jolinar, and then by S5 she was in love with Jack, and poor Narim had missed the boat. He realised it, but was still selfless enough and had enough integrity to sacrifice his whole planet to do the right thing.

Narim didn't seem like hero material when we first met him in Engima, but tptb wrote some great character development for him, as well as dealing with the N/S ship really well.
I think we're both right about Sam's feelings regarding Narim...Here's the dialogue from PRETENSE:
SAM is standing by a pond and NARIM walks up behind her.

NARIM : SAMANTHA. I hope you’ve not waited long.
SAM: No. Thank you for coming.
NARIM : It is my pleasure. In fact, I am pleased that we can finally be alone together.
SAM: NARIM, I asked you to meet me because I need your help.
NARIM : SAMANTHA I…I have missed you.
SAM: A lot’s happened to me since I last saw you.
NARIM : There is another.
SAM: No! Not in the way that you mean. You see, I was blended with a Tok’ra, and she died to save my life. I still have her memories and her feelings.
NARIM : And she is part of you?
SAM: Yes. I can’t have a relationship with anyone until I’m absolutely sure whose feelings I’m…feeling. Do you understand?

So I think that she might have at least considered a relationship with him because she knew how he felt for her and did feel at least something for him...but the timing was never right.

And then his planet was destroyed.

Lunar
April 11th, 2005, 04:00 PM
Uber, brilliant assessment of... well everything! You've really put me in a ship positive mood.
Suekay, I haven't heard anything from MichelleB either... :S

sueKay
April 11th, 2005, 04:03 PM
Narim...hate the guy...Narim was smart, but oh so very scary with Sam's voice on his computer...at least Pete had the fact that his IQ was very small to make up for his odd behaviour.

Now Martouf and Orlin I liked!

With regards to s9 There's no WAY Jack and Daniel can talk without bringing up SG1, and I think and hope TPTB have cashed in on that by having a mention of that...I hope in the ep that Sam comes back, we'll have Sam and Jack talk or have Sam on the phone to him...

Maybe we'll have eps where Sam will be in her lab on the phone and finish a convo saying 'I love you...bye' then Jack can walk in and say 'how's Jack?' and sam can say 'fine...I was just talking to him'

Stuff like that would be great!

sueKay
April 11th, 2005, 04:06 PM
Lunar...can you try and email her...she doesn't let you email her through GW, but she has her email address on her fictionpress profile

http://www.fictionpress.com/~michellebirkby

she hasn't answered mines and I get a bit worried when people just dissappear...

dipsofjazz
April 11th, 2005, 04:15 PM
Welcome Nikki you are going to love it here!!! I can say from a first hand Newbie, that it's all about love, shipping, fishing, family and cake...
:D Don't forget the penguins! :p

majorsal
April 11th, 2005, 04:21 PM
Don't despair Buc252 I am still with you and I am sure there are some others. Although I thought that Threads was on the right track, it fell quite a bit short of where it should have gone in order to give a proper resolution between Jack and Sam IMO. I also enjoyed Moebius 1 & 2 for the time and the kisses between Jack and Sam, but having said that I never quite bought in to the fact that that was "our" Jack and Sam and by that I mean the same people who we have watched for the last eight years.

I must say that I have never "met" a more optimistic bunch than this shipper family, and I thought I was optimistic. You guys can be pushed into a brickwall and still walk away positive. I actually have had to take a break from watching Stargate and even coming on this thread. I have never been involved with a show as much as I did with Stargate especially online and it started to overwhelm me. I had so much anticipation for the conclusion of Season 8 because of all the changes coming in Season 9 and especially because of RDA leaving that when it was finally over and ending the way it did I was at such a loss. It has changed the way that I view Stargate to the point that I really don't watch it anymore, except maybe sometimes on Monday night but somehow it has lost that warm ,fuzzy feeling. You guys are all so good at finding the little snips of ship that TPTB threw us every now and again or turning some things that I don't think were intended as ship into something that fit our needs, but my patients have run out and my eyes are sore from searching. As others have said I first started watching Stargate for the whole team dynamics that it had but soon found the relationship between Jack and Sam. For me the team dynamics soon faded except for a moment here or there and the story lines became ridiculous so the only thing really holding me was the Jack and Sam relationship; but, I too now come from the school of when Stargate starts dwindling in the ratings then TPTB will have this miraculous decision of letting Jack and Sam be together and then nothing will suddenly stand in their way. Gee where have I seen this or heard that before.....snark snark. Thankfully time has helped a lot, upon hearing the news for Season 9 that Sam and Jack are not away together I now chuckle whereas before I would have been furious. I'm not sure why TPTB are doing what they are doing and IMO I don't think that it really has anything to do with pleasing one part of the fandom over the other, but I could be wrong; I think they just don't have it in them. I still feel that they really blew it by not having a woman writer. Right now they have so many ideas floating in their heads what with Atlantis and with all the changes in store for Season 9 that until something like ratings dropping, they might never figure out what reallly kept SG1 alive, but by then who will care......I know, I know my good friends the shippers. Make no mistake about it I still would love a proper resolution for Jack and Sam, one where our closed lipped, eyes full of expression Jack and our always over thinking, always feeling Sam share a very passionate, kiss; its just that like TPTB now I am investing very little.

thank you for posting, nickatell. i like hearing differing views and differing feelings on all things ship. it's not only important for me to see someone else's viewpoint, but i think it's healthy for any discussion thread.

am i happy with the way the sam/jack ship was resolved? yes AND no. it was resolved only in that it went from one level (will they/won't they) to the next (when will they/how will they). so it's not a 'real' resolution in as it's only going from one stage to another.

one of the things i'm afraid of happening is what happened between troi and riker on star trek next generation. they waited sooooooooooo long to finally bring them together that by the time they did, i didn't really give a hoot anymore. troi and riker got married and had a love scene in bed... years ago, i would have had a stroke (a happy one:p), but in the movie, i was like, 'oh, isn't that nice'. and i've never watched the movie again. i want to, but i'm not working for getting the movie and such. basically, playing the 'will they/won't they' too long can lead to not only HUGE built-up expectations, but even worse, not giving a crap anymore. i don't want this to happen with stargate and sam and jack. now is the time to do it. NOW. sam and jack are out of the same chain of command. so. have. a. relationship. if rds's not there, film around it. make it happen.

k, done venting. :p

girlgater
April 11th, 2005, 04:59 PM
OMG!!!! I never watched One Hundred Days, I think I'm going to have a heart attack this friday :eek: :eek: :eek:

So many things to look at....

THAT'S IS ANOTHER REASON WHY I LOVE MY SHIPPER FAMILY.... You open my EYES TO THE SHIPPING!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :p :p :p :p :p

At the begining it was just LOVE for RDA, then it was LOVE for S/J, I mean, who wouldn't want to be here and now being her I'm just discovering a whole new world... THANKS! :) :)

Hey LOL4JACK--One Hundred Days comes on tonight on Sci-Fi. If I said Friday earlier, it was a big mistake.

LOL4JACK
April 11th, 2005, 05:03 PM
I know it's completly of-topic and I apologize, but I feel sad... got my first red rep... no comments to what they didn't like... and in this thread... aren't we all Shippers? :(

LOL4JACK
April 11th, 2005, 05:27 PM
Damn, wasted my 50th post and Jaffa Fodder celebration in something so meaningless...

So back to shipping!!!!!

I know we are all panicking about season 9 and we have all given our points of view of how would we have like things to happen, Am I frustrated that we didn't get to see our S/J Kiss, with sparks and all!!! Yes!

I do feel that we've missed a whole episode.... between first part of M1 and M1 & M2, I think I would have coped better if we would have seen our S/J deal with the fact that they where stranded in the past... forget their ranks and make up like rabbits :D.... fight Ra... I know :( get killed in the revolution and then a cliffhanger for the end of S8 Can you imagine!!!!!!!!!!! :eek: :eek: :eek: this forum would be crashed 24/7 ( I know, it's been very close lately)

Then start S9, with the remaining M1 & M2 Sam and Jack "packing" and "fishing" and then Jack retiring to be a civilian running Homeworld security, I mean after all that fishing he could never go back to the AF... and continue with S9.... :rolleyes:

Uber
April 11th, 2005, 05:29 PM
I know it's completly of-topic and I apologize, but I feel sad... got my first red rep... no comments to what they didn't like... and in this thread... aren't we all Shippers? :(
Don't feel sad.

The EXACT same thing happened to me and at least one other person yesterday. This thread, no comments, just a red ding.

It's irritating...we don't know who it is or what the motivation is of this individual/individuals...and it's foolish to speculate either way.

So just laugh it off as yet another appearance of...

THE MAD DINGER!!!

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

...and then let go of the sadness and continue your shipping.

sg-1fanintn
April 11th, 2005, 05:36 PM
Don't give up the ship yet! Please don't concentrate on what TPTB have told us. You're reading too much into it and taking it too literally. There's a lot they haven't said.....and I've read between the lines quite a bit in the last few weeks. I don't want to jinx what I think is going to happen by saying here how I think they're going to resolve the ship. But I think it will be resolved early in S9.....in a way that makes us "shippers" happy. Have faith...and be open to the possibilities that are before us. I assure you that they are numerous.....

I've been a fan since the beginning.....but I've come on the boards only in the past month. I know a lot of your worries are based on past disappointments. My hopes are based on perfect timing. I believe July will bring us to that time. If I'm wrong, you can all make fun of me then.

Cross your fingers! Shippy dreams!

LOL4JACK
April 11th, 2005, 05:46 PM
Damn!!!! I love this place.... :p :p :p

Thanks all !!!! of my 50 posts, 48 have been here and I pretend to stay...
it was just weird... but back to shipping, fanfics, penguins.... and cake.... hmmm I haven't seen one in a long time :D

sierragulf_gurl_23
April 11th, 2005, 06:25 PM
back but not for long... just in case: have happy shipper dreams and shipper days! I'm dying to watch A Hundred Days!!;)

majorsal
April 11th, 2005, 07:46 PM
Don't give up the ship yet! Please don't concentrate on what TPTB have told us. You're reading too much into it and taking it too literally. There's a lot they haven't said.....and I've read between the lines quite a bit in the last few weeks. I don't want to jinx what I think is going to happen by saying here how I think they're going to resolve the ship. But I think it will be resolved early in S9.....in a way that makes us "shippers" happy. Have faith...and be open to the possibilities that are before us. I assure you that they are numerous.....

I've been a fan since the beginning.....but I've come on the boards only in the past month. I know a lot of your worries are based on past disappointments. My hopes are based on perfect timing. I believe July will bring us to that time. If I'm wrong, you can all make fun of me then.

Cross your fingers! Shippy dreams!

thanks for the boost, i needed that. i'll try not to let my past disappointments (which cover an entire block in my neighborhood :p) overwhelm the great possibilities for s/j ship.

sally ;)

Cassie
April 11th, 2005, 07:58 PM
Hi everyone, I'm a new member at this forum and am a major Jack and Sam shipper, which I'm sure people on this thread will be glad to hear. :p I just posted to introduce myself, I'm not sure if this was the right place but I'm still trying to find my way around the forum, so I apologise for any mistakes I make, lol.

WELCOME Nikki to the Shipper Family!!!! Pull up a chair! :D

Cassie
April 11th, 2005, 08:23 PM
The episode, A Hundred Days, comes on Sci-fi on Friday. I must admit I have mixed feelings about this episode. I like the fact that Carter shows that she has feelings for Jack, but the whole Laira thing makes me nauseous :S . How does everyone else feel? :rolleyes:

Honestly I didn't really like this ep. Only watched it once :P Didn't really like how Jack treated Sam when they came to rescue him he just shewed her off and he didn't even say thanks or thank you. About the whole rescuse deal I don't think Jack really gave up all the way. It had been 3 months but I think Jack just adapted to his life instead of fighting with. Liked the whole Sam and Janet little chat little bits of shippyness sneaking in :D Overall it was a o.k. ep. but not one I plan on watching in the future!

LOL4JACK
April 11th, 2005, 08:39 PM
Honestly I didn't really like this ep. Only watched it once :P Didn't really like how Jack treated Sam when they came to rescue him he just shewed her off and he didn't even say thanks or thank you. About the whole rescuse deal I don't think Jack really gave up all the way. It had been 3 months but I think Jack just adapted to his life instead of fighting with. Liked the whole Sam and Janet little chat little bits of shippyness sneaking in :D Overall it was a o.k. ep. but not one I plan on watching in the future!
OK, so finally saw it... I thought it was sad.. my heart was just shrinking every minute... SG-1 not letting go and Jack not wanting to let go...

I don't think he really loved Laira (or how you write her name) he needed to hold onto somebody (no regs :p) by he never forgot what he had...

The only thing that I might like about this ep, is that I guess Sam really found out how she felt... not only admitting it to her but also saying it out loud (girls chitty chat :D)

But overall just sad.... I need some D/C after this :D :D :D Lots and lots of love.

Jack's reaction, I don't know, I'm still trying to figure it out in a pro ship way, any help :p ?

Cassie
April 11th, 2005, 08:53 PM
Love chitty chats soooo much important information can come out of them....
Janet: You miss him
Sam: Yeah
Decided to stop it there for obvious reasons :D

Gatetrixer
April 11th, 2005, 08:59 PM
Interesting discussion of "100 days" which ep I must admit probably got me hooked on SG, before I knew anything about the characters. But as I got to know the team and became a shipper I hated that ending.

BTW, re: Jacob being a shipper, I was surprised what he said to Sam. Were any of you?

Question: What's the site that names the nominations for the fic awards?

Uber
April 11th, 2005, 09:03 PM
Interesting discussion of "100 days" which ep I must admit probably got me hooked on SG, before I knew anything about the characters. But as I got to know the team and became a shipper I hated that ending.
As a shipper I liked 100 days because of the look in Sam's eyes at the end of the episode. She was clearly bothered by Laira in his arms...despite her telling Janet that she didn't have a problem...

:cool:

BTW, re: Jacob being a shipper, I was surprised what he said to Sam. Were any of you?
I don't think I really was. He wanted to make sure that his daughter found happiness and I think knew for quite a while how she really felt...even though she didn't admit it to herself. Just look at the way he egged her on in Threads...about meeting the florist...The look was priceless! :D

Question: What's the site that names the nominations for the fic awards?
I sure don't know. I'm new to writing (have gotten great reviews) but don't know near enough about the whole Fanfic thing. I hope someday I'll write something that'll be nominated though...but I guess I better finish the last of the trilogy before I get ahead of myself...

gatebee
April 11th, 2005, 09:14 PM
Uber you write very good shippy stories....is it ready now

Uber
April 11th, 2005, 09:31 PM
Uber you write very good shippy stories....is it ready now
(((((((((gatebee)))))))))

No...I'm afraid this one's going to take awhile... :eek:

Spimman
April 11th, 2005, 09:33 PM
Hey everyone, now that were aren't in general discussion have the rules for discussion changed at all? A link or quick explanation would be appreciated! :D

gatebee
April 11th, 2005, 09:34 PM
(((((((((gatebee)))))))))

No...I'm afraid this one's going to take awhile... :eek:
oh dear....how long is the wait going to be....shippy Sam and Jack fanfic fix needs badly during hiatus...gasp
Thanks Uber

Uber
April 11th, 2005, 09:40 PM
oh dear....how long is the wait going to be....shippy Sam and Jack fanfic fix needs badly during hiatus...gasp
Thanks Uber
Okay ... now remember though it's not shippy fanfic. It's SG-1 fanfic that just so happens has some very shippy elements... (:D)

the one I'm working on has more ship than Eclipse did...including the scene on the Goa'uld mothership which I think I might have already told you about...

If I haven't, I'll post the teaser here although I'm still working out the how's... :D

Blaise
April 11th, 2005, 11:13 PM
Hey everyone, now that were aren't in general discussion have the rules for discussion changed at all? A link or quick explanation would be appreciated! :D
i'm pretty sure the same rules still apply...those would be the ones in the first post of this thread.

but it's so cool having a board *just* for ship and characters.

majorsal
April 11th, 2005, 11:40 PM
ÜberSG-1Fan, I've got a question for you regarding one of the pics you use in your sigpic (which is mega groovy :D). At the end of the cycle, there's a pic of Sam and Jack, with Sam looking at Jack to her left. The caption says, 'For about eight years'. What's that pic/ep from? And maybe the scene too?

Sally :D

Uber
April 12th, 2005, 12:34 AM
ÜberSG-1Fan, I've got a question for you regarding one of the pics you use in your sigpic (which is mega groovy :D). At the end of the cycle, there's a pic of Sam and Jack, with Sam looking at Jack to her left. The caption says, 'For about eight years'. What's that pic/ep from? And maybe the scene too?

Sally :D
Super cool...Mega groovy was like exactly what I was going for, man.

The "for about eight years" picture is from It's Good to Be King. Sam and Jack are in the PJ...and Jack has hit some vital systems of Ares mothership..."relatively speaking."

Catysg1
April 12th, 2005, 08:35 AM
To all Sam & Jack shippers ..here is a little treasure :)

New video "the man you love " Il Divo

a bit like Josh Groban just in case you do not know the group :)

Here are the words :)
The man you love

When you look in my eyes
Do you feel it in your soul?
Do you not realize
You’re the half that makes me whole
Everything that I am ,I’ll give it all to you
Put my heart in your hands
There’s nothing I won’t do
For the chance just to live inside your heart
And understand the woman that you are

Chorus:
I only wanna be the man
To give everything I can
Every day and every night
Baby for all my life
I don’t wanna change the world
As long as you’re my girl
It’s more than enough
Just to be the man you love

Be the place where you run
When the walls come tumbling down
Be the rock you lean on
When you can’t find solid ground
be your love and your friend
And all that’s in between
From now on till the end
It’s only you and me
I wanna hear your secrets
And your wildest dreams
Wipe your tears…kiss you tenderly

Chorus x2
Just to be the man you love

Enjoy :)

caty:)

Anubis
April 12th, 2005, 08:52 AM
Caty, great video as always, nice to see a new additional video to that ever-growing collection. ;)

melpomene
April 12th, 2005, 09:43 AM
Caty, great video as always, nice to see a new additional video to that ever-growing collection. ;)

((((((((((((((CATY)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

sueKay
April 12th, 2005, 10:08 AM
((((((((((((((((((CATY)))))))))))))))))))))

Hey there!

Well...I've really got nothing shippy to say but I'm positive for season nine...I think that Jack retires and gets sent to Homeworld security in the same way as Hammond was last year...bodes quite well for ship!

Anyway...did MichelleB give her phone number to anyone here? If so...can you give her a call...I'm really worried about her absence.

sg-1fanintn
April 12th, 2005, 10:43 AM
To the new shippers who mentioned not liking the way Jack treated Sam at the end of "100 Days":

Don't worry about it. Jack was glad to see all three of his team members. He didn't know at this point how hard Sam had worked to uncover the gate. I'm sure he found out later.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I think this is the first episode in which we have any indication that either Sam or Jack cares more for the other than they should. It's season 3, and the first indication comes from her. It's from this point going forward that we start to see signs that Sam and Jack have reciprocal feelings for each other.

One of the things I liked about Stargate at first was that the character of Sam stood on her own, without being "attached" to one of the men. That's very rarely done in TV, and established her as the strong character that she is. The fact that a desire for a romantic relationship began to grow between them over time is an indication that it's the real thing. And despite their miserable attempts to ignore it so they could continue to work together, that desire to be together has only grown stronger over time.

melpomene
April 12th, 2005, 10:58 AM
To the new shippers who mentioned not liking the way Jack treated Sam at the end of "100 Days":

Don't worry about it. Jack was glad to see all three of his team members. He didn't know at this point how hard Sam had worked to uncover the gate. I'm sure he found out later.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I think this is the first episode in which we have any indication that either Sam or Jack cares more for the other than they should. It's season 3, and the first indication comes from her. It's from this point going forward that we start to see signs that Sam and Jack have reciprocal feelings for each other.

One of the things I liked about Stargate at first was that the character of Sam stood on her own, without being "attached" to one of the men. That's very rarely done in TV, and established her as the strong character that she is. The fact that a desire for a romantic relationship began to grow between them over time is an indication that it's the real thing. And despite their miserable attempts to ignore it so they could continue to work together, that desire to be together has only grown stronger over time.

100 Days was a very emotional ep for me. The way Jack survives his situation by letting go of home and all he left behind. By trying to make a new lifr for himself despite the deep desires to hang on to what he left behind shows great strength. And then we had Sam's need to hang on to him. To not let him go, to not give up. I think Sam was hurt by him, I'm not sure she even knew why at the time but she was. I definately don't think Jack had a clue.

sg-1fanintn
April 12th, 2005, 11:32 AM
I agree. At that point, he had no clue how Sam felt.

sueKay
April 12th, 2005, 11:46 AM
Yeah...that's how I justify Jack's treatment of Sam...he was probably a bit overwhelmed to be going home, and Laira was probably the only thing on his mind...after all...she could have been pregnant...

Cassie
April 12th, 2005, 11:55 AM
The (P) word :eek: *covers ears* lalalalalalalala

Do agree with ya that Jack was overwhelmed going home. I think he was too caught up at the moment to think! Also know that I think of it was good of hime to ask Laira to come home with him. I think it showed he just wouldn't leave after 'sleeping' with somebody.

Btw Caty loved your new Vid.
((((((((Caty))))))))

melpomene
April 12th, 2005, 12:00 PM
The (P) word :eek: *covers ears* lalalalalalalala

Do agree with ya that Jack was overwhelmed going home. I think he was too caught up at the moment to think! Also know that I think of it was good of hime to ask Laira to come home with him. I think it showed he just wouldn't leave after 'sleeping' with somebody.

Btw Caty loved your new Vid.
((((((((Caty))))))))

Yeah, if he just went charging around the universe sleeping with women and ditching them... That would so ruin the admiration thing.

shipper hannah
April 12th, 2005, 01:04 PM
phew!!
i freaked out a little then cos i couldn't find the ship thread in general discussion... :eek:
it seems i'm a little behind the times...
but hey, a new sub-forum....cool!

shipper hannah
April 12th, 2005, 01:05 PM
btw hi i'm back

ForeverSg1
April 12th, 2005, 01:12 PM
This is a bit off-topic as it's not directly involving S/J but seeing as the discussion earlier was about Jacob being a shipper I thought I'd post this here. It was originally going to be my new sig but I've decided to postpone it awhile seeing as it has season 8 spoilers in it.

Hero (http://img171.exs.cx/img171/3651/jacob0sc.jpg)
Warning: The photo has spoilers for Threads and Reckoning II

Jacob is/was one of my absolute favorite guest characters. I have to believe that something good came from his death. My only ray of hope is knowing that Sam and Jack are together in season 9 due to a loving father's dying words.

Kat

Lord Zedd
April 12th, 2005, 01:19 PM
This is a bit off-topic as it's not directly involving S/J but seeing as the discussion earlier was about Jacob being a shipper I thought I'd post this here. It was originally going to be my new sig but I've decided to postpone it awhile seeing as it has season 8 spoilers in it.

Hero (http://img171.exs.cx/img171/3651/jacob0sc.jpg)
Warning: The photo has spoilers for Threads and Reckoning II

Jacob is/was one of my absolute favorite guest characters. I have to believe that something good came from his death. My only ray of hope is knowing that Sam and Jack are together in season 9 due to a loving father's dying words.

Kat

Uber that is wonderfull !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! put it in your signature !!! Same here what you said !!!!! Nice !!!!

Hex.FTB.enabled
April 12th, 2005, 01:20 PM
Well said. And I love the new hero pic. It's very sweet and is a great tribute to Jacob.

gatebee
April 12th, 2005, 01:28 PM
(((((((( Caty ))))))))))
http://www.clicksmilies.com/s0105/sehrgrosse/large-smiley-052.gif
Thank you so much for that very shippy vid. Sam and Jack looked so perfect together as we all know. The words fitted the very emotions that Sam is for Jack. And Jack wanting his "girl". I have watched the it sooo many times and am still go weepy. I am such a romantic shipper for Sam and Jack.

LOL4JACK
April 12th, 2005, 01:30 PM
It's very sweet and beautiful, great tribute and hope to all shippers...

Oma-1
April 12th, 2005, 01:31 PM
Kat - I really like the sig. Jacob really is an unsung hero here on GW. It's fitting he have some sort of tribute. I'm gonna really miss him :( - and Jack calling him Dad :p

Yay! New vid from Caty .... off to check it out :)

fan of jack
April 12th, 2005, 01:32 PM
My favourite moment, there are a few but the best was in the episode 'divide and conquer' when they were both accused of being za'tarks. The second time jack was in the chair and he uttered the immortal line " i care about her alot more than i'm supposed to!" :D :D :D

gatebee
April 12th, 2005, 01:37 PM
can't help but look at CAty's vid ove and over again. It is sooo Sam and Jack as they shouls "always" be.

Oma-1
April 12th, 2005, 01:46 PM
((((((((((((Caty))))))))))))))

I really like Il Divo - and that's my fave song on the album. You've done a great job - I got shivers down my spine watching the vid. :) Just sums Jack up. Happiness for him is loving Sam. Chimera and Affinity showed how much he just wants her to be happy. Of course, now we're all happy cos of Caty's video ... and a certain little trip. :D

Uber
April 12th, 2005, 01:52 PM
Uber that is wonderfull !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! put it in your signature !!! Same here what you said !!!!! Nice !!!!
Thank you but I think the creative genius you meant to direct your comments toward is ForeverSG1...

sierragulf_gurl_23
April 12th, 2005, 02:26 PM
teenage shipping is very healthy for the teenage soul especially if it is for our Sam and Jack
Thanx Gatebee.How True. :D

kinda sad because I got my first red ding :S :( I'm sorry if I upset anyone :(
hey, Life Goes On...*sigh*

Cassie
April 12th, 2005, 02:29 PM
WELCOME BACK Shipper Hannah Where have you been!?!

ForeverSg1 what can I say......Excellent!!!!!!

((((((((((ShipperFamily))))))))))

gatewatcher
April 12th, 2005, 02:32 PM
I've decided that in order to truly enjoy Sam and Jack's new relationship, I have to purge myself of the ill feelings I have regarding season seven/eight and Pete. I tried to look at things through Jack's eyes and how he managed to deal with things for so long. I'm not 100% there yet, but I think I'm on my way. This is what my shippy heart came up with to push all those bad feelings aside and start believing again.

Her Future (http://img209.exs.cx/img209/7521/love3re.jpg)

P.S You'll have to forgive me ... I know I'm not a poet but it's all I had to work with. ;) :p

ForeverSG1(Kat)
Kat, You are a poet and you don't even know it!! ;)
That was great......I really liked it.

gatebee
April 12th, 2005, 02:53 PM
ForeverSg1....Her Future.....that was so shippy and so true. The poem was great and the pics were so telling the truth about S/J

LOL4JACK
April 12th, 2005, 03:32 PM
Thanx Gatebee.How True. :D

kinda sad because I got my first red ding :S :( I'm sorry if I upset anyone :(
hey, Life Goes On...*sigh*

Hi Sierra Gulf, same thing happened to me already, got my first red ding, talked about it and got 1 more, I won't be suprised if I get red ding again for this post... but I received lots of love... the family will make you feel good :p

So Hurrah for Teenage Shipping!!!!! See you soon...

Uber
April 12th, 2005, 03:43 PM
Hi Sierra Gulf, same thing happened to me already, got my first red ding, talked about it and got 1 more, I won't be suprised if I get red ding again for this post... but I received lots of love... the family will make you feel good :p

There will be days when random people are dinged, well, randomly.

Dings are like nintendos....just let 'em pass right through you. (sorry, just saw Crystal Skull again and seemed to channel Jack there for a moment...)

Speaking of Crystal Skull, look how close they are sitting next to each other! :D

http://www.powerpromoz.com/stargate/crystalskull_jacksam.jpg

Hex.FTB.enabled
April 12th, 2005, 04:03 PM

Dings are like nintendos....just let 'em pass right through you. (sorry, just saw Crystal Skull again and seemed to channel Jack there for a moment...)

Speaking of Crystal Skull, look how close they are sitting next to each other! :D

lol, its amazing what you can see after watching an ep over and over....and over and over....:D LOL4JACK, take Uber's advice. I got dinged for defending someone else's post (someone had responded to it by putting it down and being mean) and I got negged for asking to be nice. How's that for irony. :)

ForeverSg1
April 12th, 2005, 04:14 PM
I just wanted to take a moment to thank everyone for all their kind comments and green jello lately. You are all a really very sweet!!(({{{ shipper family }}})))

Kat

sclairef99
April 12th, 2005, 04:24 PM
OMG,

I about fainted.....I missed the huge notification that the Thunk and Ship threads had been moved and was about to drop down the floor after reaching pg 7 of General Discussion thinking that NO ONE WAS SHIPPING ANYMORE!!!!

Ahhhh.....thank you ....thank you for shipping.....

of to read fan fic....any good suggestions on new stuff!

S'Claire

sugarshaker
April 12th, 2005, 04:51 PM

S'Claire

Shippy hugs everybody: :)

I read E-Mail by Jenny L. over the weekend and REALLY enjoyed it. It's humorous, upbeat, shippy in all the right ways (for me), and I loved the ending. It was one of the SJFA winners. Your trusty Shipper Town librarian says check it out! :)

http://www.sg1-heliopolis.com/archive2/5/emailpart.html

If anyone else has any good reads, particularly Threads-based stories, I'd love to know about them. Please post links or PM me if this has already been discussed (I'm just popping in quickly here! :o ) Thanks xoxoxo

gatebee
April 12th, 2005, 06:38 PM
loosing that shippy feeling.....go watch Caty's vids....so oh so Sam and Jack. Have watched it mil of times. Just love it . Sam and Jack forever

ShimmeringStar
April 12th, 2005, 06:39 PM
off to read fan fic....any good suggestions on new stuff!

S'Claire*peeks head in and clears throat*

Well... I can't tell you if it's any good or not since I've read it too much & think too critically of it.... but I humbly offer you all my ‘firstborn’ fanfic – “Choices.” I finished uploading it to GW and at FanFiction.net late last night.

Here's the links if you're interested:
http://www.fanfiction.net/~shimmeringstar214
or
http://www.gateworld.net/fanfic/archive/34/choices.html

I started writing it last September after watching Affinity as a way to deal with why TPTB would have had Sam hook up with Pete and then S8Threads say yes to Pete's proposal! after years of build up with Jack. It was an 8 page introspective piece that with the encouragement and support of a most wonderful beta (BIG hugs for Tame!) evolved into a 75 page story when all was said and done. (And gave me the confidence to start FF#2 which unfortunately I haven't touched in over a month... hard to do though when the spring weather is so wonderful & the days are longer! :o :D Not to mention work is too busy and sneaking peeks in here when the forum is actually up! :p :D ).

As far as the official line: Sam’s evolving relationships with Pete and Jack force her to make a tough relationship decision. It’s set immediately after S8’s ‘Covenant’ through and during S8’s ‘Sacrifices.’ Of course it is Sam/Jack and it is Romance/Angst. Be forewarned though that there is coarse language sprinkled throughout. As far as spoilers: S8’s Affinity, Covenant, S7’s Lost City Parts 1 and 2, Chimera, Grace, S4’s Divide and Conquer, S3’s Point of View.

So if you're looking for a long read from a 'virgin newbie' writer.... click on the links above...

(((ShipperFamily)))

Hex.FTB.enabled
April 12th, 2005, 06:46 PM
OMG,

I about fainted.....I missed the huge notification that the Thunk and Ship threads had been moved and was about to drop down the floor after reaching pg 7 of General Discussion thinking that NO ONE WAS SHIPPING ANYMORE!!!!

Ahhhh.....thank you ....thank you for shipping.....

S'Claire

LOL! That would give me a heart-attack if I suddenly thought all ship/thunk threads disappeared. What a scary world that would be. :)

Hex.FTB.enabled
April 12th, 2005, 06:49 PM
quoted image
You know, I'm exhausted and having a crappy week. And in my tired stupor I hit the Quote button and forgot to delete the pic link. If you'd posted after me or PM'd me, I would've been more than happy to fix it. (shaking head) The Red Dinger strikes again.... :p

sg-1fanintn
April 12th, 2005, 07:11 PM
Caty.....finally got to spend some quality time on your site. Love the vids! Keep up the shippy work!

Buc252
April 12th, 2005, 07:16 PM

I guess it's a badge of honor, but I still wish the person would *say* something. I got a red *and* a gray for my recent post, but I kind of expected it. <shrug>

I'm sorry if I'm pessimistic, but I still just don't see how there can be true ship for Jack and Sam when RDA isn't on. I don't really see scenes of them talking on the phone or talking *about* each other as being shippy. It's more like . . . heresay. <g>

And since the topic is up, I'll put in my vote. I'm in the anti-100 Days camp. Didn't like it one bit. But that's because I have a strict rule with my 'ships - I don't do "other" stories. <g>

sclairef99
April 12th, 2005, 07:18 PM
*peeks head in and clears throat*

Well... I can't tell you if it's any good or not since I've read it too much & think too critically of it.... but I humbly offer you all my ‘firstborn’ fanfic – “Choices.” I finished uploading it to GW and at FanFiction.net late last night.

Here's the links if you're interested:
http://www.fanfiction.net/~shimmeringstar214
or
http://www.gateworld.net/fanfic/archive/34/choices.html

I(((ShipperFamily)))

I'm looking forward to it....I've got a bit of work to do, but this will be my bed time story tonight! It sounds wonderful! Thanks! I started a fic a while ago, but never finished it so for those of you that finish these wonderful pieces, I salut you! Because I am a fanfic junkie! You also have a wonderful beta TAME!!!

S

Buc252
April 12th, 2005, 07:18 PM

Ohhh! I just watched this the other day, too, and I adore it! Yes, they do sit close, and I love when he's carrying her - even if it *is* over his shoulder. <g> My two favorite things: S/J ship and JackWhumping. The scene where he falls flat on his face is hilarious!

Cassie
April 12th, 2005, 07:49 PM

*sigh* those were the days *sigh*
Looks like there having fun and they seem so relaxed with each other too. Wonder what he's thinking ;)

Hex.FTB.enabled
April 12th, 2005, 07:51 PM
Careful Cassie, that's the pic I got dinged for including in my quote. :D

Cassie
April 12th, 2005, 08:28 PM
That's just wrong
((((((((((HFE))))))))))
Here's some green jello loving HFE :D
Have been waiting for the dinger and nothing yet......

majorsal
April 12th, 2005, 08:34 PM
Super cool...Mega groovy was like exactly what I was going for, man.

The "for about eight years" picture is from It's Good to Be King. Sam and Jack are in the PJ...and Jack has hit some vital systems of Ares mothership..."relatively speaking."

thanks. ;) you're, like, totally far out man. that pic just blew my mind (i'm so dating myself here :p). if it wouldn't be too hard, i'd like to have that pic. just post it here or the sagc thread and i'll save it to my hard drive. would that be alright?

majorsal
April 12th, 2005, 09:01 PM
I guess it's a badge of honor, but I still wish the person would *say* something. I got a red *and* a gray for my recent post, but I kind of expected it. <shrug>

a good rule of thumb about dingers who ding for no reason. don't feed the animals. ;)

And since the topic is up, I'll put in my vote. I'm in the anti-100 Days camp. Didn't like it one bit. But that's because I have a strict rule with my 'ships - I don't do "other" stories. <g>

i'm a half-way fan of this ep. i've got it on tape, but 'only' because it's so pivotal with sam's feeling for jack. but the jack/laira stuff i just closed my eyes for (the kiss :p). but i'm not really a 'fan' of it as much as i endure it.

sclairef99
April 12th, 2005, 10:27 PM
What does Grey mean in the point system...I got one of those....

S

gatebee
April 12th, 2005, 10:36 PM
What does Grey mean in the point system...I got one of those....

S
I think grey means someone gave you a green but since they are very new in the thread and do not have the required post number to give a proper green. It is not bad.

Uber
April 12th, 2005, 10:45 PM
thanks. ;) you're, like, totally far out man. that pic just blew my mind (i'm so dating myself here :p). if it wouldn't be too hard, i'd like to have that pic. just post it here or the sagc thread and i'll save it to my hard drive. would that be alright?

Here it is!

From It's Good to be King:

http://www.powerpromoz.com/stargate/igtbk_sj.jpg

antares
April 12th, 2005, 10:51 PM
Looks like there having fun and they seem so relaxed with each other too. Wonder what he's thinking ;)

shall we ditch daniel's briefing and go eat cake?

:)

Kris

florence
April 13th, 2005, 12:16 AM

I'm sorry if I'm pessimistic, but I still just don't see how there can be true ship for Jack and Sam when RDA isn't on. I don't really see scenes of them talking on the phone or talking *about* each other as being shippy. It's more like . . . heresay. <g>

You won't get any red from me cause I agree with you. I've talked about it a few pages before (got a red and a grey too for that earlier post, without comments. I re-read my post 4 or 5 times and I still don't see why I've been dinged : I didn't criticize BB, I just said I didn't know him at all ; I've put spoiler tags when needed ; I was just expressing my personal opinion... No, I still don't see why. But I don't care too much about it ;) )

I don't think S9 will be extremely shippy. With RDA gone (or almost), Sam absent from the first 5 episodes (while Jack is in :rolleyes: ), I don't see how SJ ship could be there. IMO the most shippy scenes are when Sam and Jack are just looking at each other or when they are in the same room, talking or simply being there together.
If they're not even in the same scene, I don't see how we could have SJ ship.

I would love to be surprised though :D

Oma-1
April 13th, 2005, 04:50 AM
Here it is!

From It's Good to be King:

http://www.powerpromoz.com/stargate/igtbk_sj.jpg

I really loved that ep. I completely agreed with Jack when he was surronded by the locals aiming crossbows at him and he said "I miss goin' offworld! Oh, yeah!"

It was SG-1 Rides Again!! All the old team, antagonism with Harry, action, shippy bits :D I really loved that ep :)

The interaction between Sam and Jack was just fantastic. All sparks and humour :D

Oma-1
April 13th, 2005, 05:05 AM
(((((((((((Mary, Florence)))))))))))

I wish I could make you feel better about S9 cos I hate for people to feel down.

I understand if you don't want to watch. I'm sure that between us the family will keep giving you lots of hugs and post any and every little bit of ship to keep you going. :)

Personally, I'm really looking forward to S9 cos I love Stargate full stop - ship is the icing on the cake for me. The cake is great on its own, but the icing is the best bit :)

Oma-1
April 13th, 2005, 05:09 AM
If it was Joey, I'd say "How you doin'?"

As it's Jack, I think he's reminicing about a certain little tank top number and how Sam was wearing it just the other day .... :D

florence
April 13th, 2005, 05:17 AM
(((((((((((Mary, Florence)))))))))))

I wish I could make you feel better about S9 cos I hate for people to feel down.

I understand if you don't want to watch. I'm sure that between us the family will keep giving you lots of hugs and post any and every little bit of ship to keep you going. :)

Personally, I'm really looking forward to S9 cos I love Stargate full stop - ship is the icing on the cake for me. The cake is great on its own, but the icing is the best bit :)

Oma, I didn't say I wouldn't watch S9. I only said I would watch it as a new show and that I wouldn't look for SJ ship (though I don't know if I'll be able to prevent my shipper's heart to jump if we get a little hint of SJ ship :p ).
But this way I won't be disappointed ;)
I agree with you, ship is the icing on the cake :) Now, we still don't know if the cake will be good next year, we just have to wait and see ;)

And I don't feel down : we had 8 years of great SJ ship (with ups and downs :rolleyes: ). This ship will always have a special place in my heart (same as Mulder/Scully, and it means a lot for me :) )

Oma-1
April 13th, 2005, 05:21 AM
Oma, I didn't say I wouldn't watch S9. I only said I would watch it as a new show and that I wouldn't look for SJ ship (though I don't know if I'll be able to prevent my shipper's heart to jump if we get a little hint of SJ ship :p ).
I agree with you, ship is the icing on the cake :) Now, we still don't know if the cake will be good next year, we just have to wait and see ;)

And I don't feel down : we had 8 years of great SJ ship (with ups and downs :rolleyes: ). This ship will always have a special place in my heart (same as Mulder/Scully, and it means a lot for me :) )
That's good. Sorry I misunderstood you. Let's hope for the odd shippy moment to make your heart jump :)

I think it was Mary and Ses110 who said they weren't going to watch S9? I wish we could make them feel better.

Catysg1
April 13th, 2005, 05:43 AM
Another little treasure :)

To gatebee :)

Video : "Everytime I look at you " Il Divo

The song is all in English :)

...and here is a pic of IL Divo :)

http://www.angelfire.com/magic/le_monde_perdu/ildivo2.jpg

Caty :)

scaryperson
April 13th, 2005, 06:05 AM

I know i've been gone from this thread for awhile....but i have been brought back by Oma :rolleyes: :D

I agree with you Florence, that is how i will be looking at season 9 too (but only in the S/J ship sense ofcourse, everything else will still be the same show...)
This ship has a place in my heart too, just like Crichton/Aeryn ship, and some from random soap operas...................and Sam/Thor.....:p :D :p :) ;)

But yes, hi guys, sorry for being gone...:(

--Tan

Oma-1
April 13th, 2005, 06:36 AM
((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((TAN)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

Hi Honey! Welcome home :D :D :D :D :D

No matter what tptb do to us in S9, this ship will always sail :)

scaryperson
April 13th, 2005, 06:47 AM
Hahahahah!

Oma! you're the first to know!
I just realised!
I'm a system lord, thanks to you and Qtyled :rolleyes:
Yey!
I love you Oma!

And yes, this ship will always sail in my heart, just because things look dim, i've still got my memories, and dvds :D

--Tan
(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((Shipper family)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

Droops
April 13th, 2005, 07:33 AM
So will this be the end of Sam/Jack ship after this season? Or will there be references to it next season?

Or will this allow the relationship to blossom, and we just don't see Jack but see, for example, his picture all over the place?

Droops

Rogue
April 13th, 2005, 07:37 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v474/mkmoulder/Stargate/cap295.jpg

Sam: "Sir, your wound is dripping on my lab floor. How about taking off your shirt so I can have a look at it"?

Jack: "Carter its fake!"

Sam: "Yeah, I know".

Oma-1
April 13th, 2005, 07:42 AM
Hahahahah!

Oma! you're the first to know!
I just realised!
I'm a system lord, thanks to you and Qtyled :rolleyes:
Yey!
I love you Oma!

And yes, this ship will always sail in my heart, just because things look dim, i've still got my memories, and dvds :D

--Tan
(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((Shipper family)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))
NOOOOOOOOOOOO!

*grovels at the feet of Bev* I'm sorry my Lord, I didn't mean to make her a system lord! She will never rival your greatness oh my Lord! *cowers in anticipation of punishment* :p

Go to pick the kids up from school and see what happens! Turn your back for just a little while and someone else gets all glowy eyed :p

Hi Droops :)

Wash your mouth out! :p End of Sam and Jack :eek: That phrase should be forbidden :p

No, I don't think this is the end of this particular ship. There's always the chance for more in S9 or S10 or S11 *crosses fingers* or there's always the movie. Hope springs eternal for this ship fan. :D

pittsburghgirl
April 13th, 2005, 07:49 AM
good one rogue.

Anubis
April 13th, 2005, 07:52 AM

Sam: "Sir, your wound is dripping on my lab floor. How about taking off your shirt so I can have a look at it"?

Isn't that how it DID turn-out? :P

Oma-1
April 13th, 2005, 08:07 AM

ROFLMAO! :D Missed these caps of yours Rogue!

Jack: "Carter, you said you were gonna turn the security cameras off!"
Sam: "I was in the middle of doing just that! Someone had changed the security code and I was trying to hack ...
Jack: "Ack! (Holds his hand up) You could've said something."
Sam: "With all due respect, Sir, you could have let me speak after you..."
Daniel: "Jack! Glad I found you..."

gatebee
April 13th, 2005, 08:08 AM

Sam: Jack your bleeding on my floor. Can I look at it please.
Jack; I thought would never asked, but in front of these kids?
Sam: Okay , later then.
Jack: Hold on, I'll send them somewhere.

gatebee
April 13th, 2005, 08:12 AM

((((((((( Caty )))))))))
Thank you. The song you put on the vids is so shppy ...fits Jack and Sam on/of love affairs we have been watching all these years

girlgater
April 13th, 2005, 08:16 AM
Would someone please pm me with Caty's website address? :o What I have isn't working...Thanks bunches.

I also am actually looking forward to S9. I know shippy scenes are going to be few and far between, but what hooked me at first was the show itself--the ship was just a wonderful, added bonus. :D

Rogue
April 13th, 2005, 08:26 AM

Well, if that senerio happened, do you think Jack would have complied?

gatebee
April 13th, 2005, 08:33 AM
unfortunately Jack nor Sam would not have done anything for they are by the regs type of people....evidence of the past years of great restrain....boooo :'(

Anubis
April 13th, 2005, 08:42 AM
Well, if that senerio happened, do you think Jack would have complied?

I'm sure he'd start with that whole "our military status" stuff first, but if Carter was willing to put it aside, he wouldn't think for no more seconds -- he'd jump right in. :rolleyes:

melpomene
April 13th, 2005, 12:26 PM
So will this be the end of Sam/Jack ship after this season? Or will there be references to it next season?

Or will this allow the relationship to blossom, and we just don't see Jack but see, for example, his picture all over the place?

Droops

Sam will be gone for a few episodes...When she comes back she will have news...

kiwigater
April 13th, 2005, 12:37 PM
*pounces on Mel* reeeeaaallyyy?? What sort of news?? And how do you know this? *squints at Mel* My poor wee shipper heart can't take thinking they'll have some actual honest-to-goodness resolution, only to have it be the same ol' fence-walk :(

Anubis
April 13th, 2005, 12:54 PM

If only .. if it is so, then my, will you get my praise. ;)

melpomene
April 13th, 2005, 12:55 PM
*pounces on Mel* reeeeaaallyyy?? What sort of news?? And how do you know this? *squints at Mel* My poor wee shipper heart can't take thinking they'll have some actual honest-to-goodness resolution, only to have it be the same ol' fence-walk :(

I'm sorry I was um....daydreaming. Damn. You didn't think I actually knew? please tell me you didn't think that because if you did I'll never forgive myself. You see one of the writers said something about explaining an absence and I'm working hard and imaginatively on making it be something good.

Oma-1
April 13th, 2005, 02:34 PM

Another gem from Caty :)

(((((((((((((Caty)))))))))))))))

You inspired me to dig out the Il Divo CD today while I was doing the washing up (very glamorous) and the really really great bit, was when the two songs came on I was happily remembering Sam & Jack and shipping away :D Most fun I've had doing the washing up for ages :)

Just goes to show, shippiness is everywhere :p

sueKay
April 13th, 2005, 02:43 PM
Hey shipper shipper shippers!!!!!

I'm going through all my graphics...so I may post a few things later on!!!!!!!!

SAM AND JACK FOREVER!!!!!!!!!!!

Oma-1
April 13th, 2005, 02:44 PM
I'm sorry I was um....daydreaming. Damn. You didn't think I actually knew? please tell me you didn't think that because if you did I'll never forgive myself. You see one of the writers said something about explaining an absence and I'm working hard and imaginatively on making it be something good.
Mel I'm sure you're right! It WILL be something amazing :)

A new naquadriah powered hyper drive that is actually stable and doesn't trash the buffer zone when you travel through a collapsing star whilst in hyper drive

A new super duper tiny light weight portable naquadah generator that fits into your pocket

A revolutionary new sheild technology that not even the asguard could have conceived

A power source so fantastic it puts the ZPM's in the shade

And, naturally, all of these marvelous inventions have been made possible by Sam's trip to the Far Far Away Galaxy, that has been wonderful for her professional development, but unfortunately has allowed no time for holidays - honeymoon's or otherwise.

Need I go on :rolleyes:

[/sarcasm]

Hopefully the excuse wont be lame, and will have some tie in with the new storylines. That's all I'm banking on.

That way, any shippy stuff will be much more appreciated, and I'll be able to live off the diet of scraps and crumbs that may come our way in S9 (and my DVD box set collection ;) )

TameFarrar
April 13th, 2005, 03:04 PM
Just giving a HUGE hug to the shipper family (((((((((HUGE HUG))))))))))) and hopefully we will have some GOOD news to report from the Con.....heading out in the morning and I am VERY excited that so many of TPTB are going to be there....I have my questions all lined up

can you say *Pig Headed* at a con ;)

dipsofjazz
April 13th, 2005, 03:08 PM
:D (((((((((((((Tame))))))))))

What are your questions going to be? Please tell us. :p

BTW, I am soooooo jealous of you all. Have a great time, and tell us EVERYTHING! :D

Oma-1
April 13th, 2005, 03:15 PM
Just giving a HUGE hug to the shipper family (((((((((HUGE HUG))))))))))) and hopefully we will have some GOOD news to report from the Con.....heading out in the morning and I am VERY excited that so many of TPTB are going to be there....I have my questions all lined up

Sure you can! Just not to tptb if you want them to answer a question :p

Have a fantastic time! Please take lots of piccys and make copious amounts of notes! We want blow by blow accounts cos some of us have to live vicariously :p

*begs and pleads on bended knees*

sg-1fanintn
April 13th, 2005, 03:16 PM
To anyone heading to Vancouver for the Con:

We all hope you bring back some great shippy rumors.....or even shippy plans from TPTB! We're counting on you!

Have a great time....and know that the rest of us are insanely jealous!

Oma-1
April 13th, 2005, 03:19 PM

We all hope you bring back some great shippy rumors.....or even shippy plans from TPTB! We're counting on you!

I'm not insanely jealous

*gnaws on own leg*

much

I've got my fingers crossed for some shippy news *please please please please please ptb give us some ship*

sg-1fanintn
April 13th, 2005, 03:27 PM
Lots of you talk about watching deleted scenes on Sci Fi's web site, but I haven't been able to find them. Could someone post a link?

LOL4JACK
April 13th, 2005, 04:59 PM
Caty thanks for the videos... they are so great!!!! So many shippy moments and Wow... those guys really now how to kiss :D :D :D :D :D :D

Tame.... I AM Jelous, have fun and give them a huge hug from the shipper family :p

gatebee
April 13th, 2005, 06:13 PM

(((((((( Tame )))))))))
have a blast and ask all those shippy questions and bring alot of pics back please...lucky you....

Emilee108
April 13th, 2005, 07:12 PM
Just wanted to quickly post and say thank you CATY!!! I loved your two new videos with Il Divo! They are awesome! I saw them on Oprah a couple weeks ago and they blew me away! I want their CD really bad!

Thanks again Caty! You are awesome!

~*~Emilee~*~

gatebee
April 13th, 2005, 07:15 PM
Just wanted to quickly post and say thank you CATY!!! I loved your two new videos with Il Divo! They are awesome! I saw them on Oprah a couple weeks ago and they blew me away! I want their CD really bad!

Thanks again Caty! You are awesome!

~*~Emilee~*~
you saw them at Oprah when...wow lucky. Did they sing the same shippy song that Caty used for Sam and Jack forever vid

Buc252
April 13th, 2005, 07:54 PM
I think it was Mary and Ses110 who said they weren't going to watch S9? I wish we could make them feel better.

Yes, I was one of the ones who said she wasn't going to watch. My heart and love for the show just can't take it. I love S&J. I love JackWhumping. I loved Jonas. I liked Janet and Hammond, and I like Teal'c. I do not like Daniel. Too many things are gone, and, to be honest, I've never been a big "plot" fan where sci-fi is concerned. I've always thought that the "final frontier" (to steal an expression) was human relations, not outer space. <g>

mad_gater
April 13th, 2005, 08:55 PM
I GOT A JOB!!!! YAY ME!!!! :D:D:D:D:D:D

It ain't much...just 2 days a week in the afternoons, but it's a start...:):)

majorsal
April 13th, 2005, 09:16 PM

Droops

that's what we don't know, droops. very frustrating. :S

but we can always hope! :D which is exactly what the ptb want us to do to bring us back to watch more. *those wily ptb :p*

sally :D

majorsal
April 13th, 2005, 09:22 PM

news of what?

sam - "guess what? i'm pregnant!"

*takes moment to drool over possibilities*

majorsal
April 13th, 2005, 09:28 PM

and may i add that if it's NOT good news (regarding ship), please pass that along as well. if you don't want to upset the shippers, then write me personally. please.

Emilee108
April 13th, 2005, 11:29 PM
you saw them at Oprah when...wow lucky. Did they sing the same shippy song that Caty used for Sam and Jack forever vid

Hi Gatebee, they were on Oprah last monday. Simon Cowell from American Idol was on and he said that Il Divo will be the next big thing! I can't remember what song they sang because I only tuned in halfway through the song, but I went to their website and looked around and I love them! They're CD comes out April 19th in the US. :)

~*~Emilee~*~

Catysg1
April 14th, 2005, 01:57 AM
Hi Gatebee, they were on Oprah last monday. Simon Cowell from American Idol was on and he said that Il Divo will be the next big thing! I can't remember what song they sang because I only tuned in halfway through the song, but I went to their website and looked around and I love them! They're CD comes out April 19th in the US. :)

~*~Emilee~*~

I knew you were gonna come and watch those 2 Emilee ..A fan of Josh Groban can't miss watching a video or 2 with Il Divo ..Anyway ..I did catch a little mistake in the "Everytime I look at you " video which I didn't see before it was finished ...so I made it right ..and if you want all of you to re- download it again ..it's perfect now :)
And IL Divo is great ..I thought Simon said that they were going to do well in the US too ....so you also are lucky girls and aren't they good looking .
And to stay on topic ..those 2 songs are definately perfect for Sam and Jack ...our favourite couple of the moment :)

Caty:)

Catysg1
April 14th, 2005, 02:04 AM
Another gem from Caty :)

(((((((((((((Caty)))))))))))))))

You inspired me to dig out the Il Divo CD today while I was doing the washing up (very glamorous) and the really really great bit, was when the two songs came on I was happily remembering Sam & Jack and shipping away :D Most fun I've had doing the washing up for ages :)

Just goes to show, shippiness is everywhere :p

((((Oma ))))

I actualy listened to the CD about 4 times the day before Yesterday while painting a bedroom ...and those 2 songs got stuck in my head for Sam and Jack ..then I rushed to the PC and made them :)...There are others I like but they aren't in English and I need to find the translation to find out what they are talking about ...I know it's about Love ..but still ..if I were to do more videos with their songs ..I need to get the exact clip in the right piece of song ... ;) or try to do that at least :)

caty:)

Catysg1
April 14th, 2005, 02:25 AM

Simon did say that they were gonna do well in the US :)
so lucky you :)
and ..I try to remember my post ...I submitted it and was not accepted because server too busy :rolleyes: ..I didn't save it ...but roughly I was saying that I was very versatile in music ...I like everything as long as as it's nice to the ears ...and that maybe the only kind of music I don't really like is RAP but saying that there is a group in France called "M6 solar" that I liked because they use some really good music for their background on their RAP songs ...same as the song "Everything 's gonna be alright" by Sweetbox ..because of the classical music in the background ..smashing song ...I did a video on that song but in the lost world section .

So just to say that with all those fantastic songs around ..Sam and Jack can only deserve the best :)

Catysg1
April 14th, 2005, 02:47 AM
Isn't the Viewing in a thread a good indication of what people really want to see or are interested in ?!!! because there is a huge difference in viewings between the S/J shipper Thread and the anti S/J thread .

Now ...I don't know if somebody else noticed ( I mentionned it to florence yesterday)that in WOO.... after the kiss ,in the briefing room and After Jack looked at Sam ...they go back to business ...Daniel asked Jack about how many times ..in the loops ...then he said something like he lost track..Daniel mentionned a number or something meaning time passed somewhere ( must rewatch) and Jack straight away looked at Sam from the corner of his eyes ..which I think means that he kissed Sam a lot ..surely everyday from his expression ...

....and when he says the loop could be broken to Daniel ..he kind of in a way regretted to say that because although he was happy to go back ..then he had to give up on all those opportunities ...and the best opportunity he had was to kiss Sam .
In 3 different occasions in the episode ...the opportunity is directly linked to Sam on Jack's behalf .....so if the loop lasted 3 months ( roughly 90 days ) and let's say that they realized they could do whatever they wanted without consequences in the first month ..then he must have kissed Sam at least 60 times :D

I don't think I'm imagining it but I did also notice that his lips looked different ..more like somebody who has been kissing another somebody for a long period of time :)

Queen_Bee
April 14th, 2005, 03:45 AM
Hey hey peoples

CATY!! big hugs..havent seen u round for ages...

read some spoilers for the first couple of eps..sounds like things could get interesting..

i m soo tired right now..RL is being a drag..work work work and all

has anyone seen pics of baby Olivia yet? i bet she is a looker!!

well..
toodles and hugs ya'll
Bee

Emilee108
April 14th, 2005, 04:36 AM
I knew you were gonna come and watch those 2 Emilee ..A fan of Josh Groban can't miss watching a video or 2 with Il Divo ..Anyway ..I did catch a little mistake in the "Everytime I look at you " video which I didn't see before it was finished ...so I made it right ..and if you want all of you to re- download it again ..it's perfect now :)
And IL Divo is great ..I thought Simon said that they were going to do well in the US too ....so you also are lucky girls and aren't they good looking .
And to stay on topic ..those 2 songs are definately perfect for Sam and Jack ...our favourite couple of the moment :)

Caty....I'm on my way to download it again. :) Thanks!
It's so glad to see you back in here! Even though I hardly ever post, I read a lot and so I was happy to see you posting again!

Hello to everyone else!

My sister has been sick lately, so I suggested that we start watching the DVD's from season 4...(naturally...the shippiest!!) My sister isn't as big as a shipper as I am, but she loves S/J too. Anyway, she had seen Divide and Conquer before on tv when we didn't have the DVD's yet, but she didn't really know the storyline and wasn't that interested. But now that she has seen most every episode, she was so surprised how shippy that episode was! Of course I couldn't pass up watching my favorite episode so I watched it with her. It was so much fun! I hadn't seen it in at least 4 or 5 months! Watching this episode again, there is absolutely NO denying that these two are meant for eachother! The question is...whether TPTB see it that way and after watching "Threads" and "Moebius" 1 and 2, I really think that they are on our side. They just use the subtle way instead of the normal way. I am confident that they have heard us and that we will get our resolution next season, whether it be the subtle way, or having a freaking hot kiss and confession between our real sam and jack (praying and hoping!) I think that we will have it!

Just my thoughts for this wonderful morning!

Have a good day shippers!

SAM AND JACK FOREVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!

~*~Emilee~*~

Oma-1
April 14th, 2005, 04:55 AM
My favourite bit of Every Time I Look at You was where you put Solitudes with

And with you lying next to me
Feels like I can hardly breathe

So angsty / funny / shippy. Just great :p Irony is a wonderful thing. :D

gatebee
April 14th, 2005, 06:47 AM
(((((((( Caty )))))))))
Those two songs just fitted the love and emotions that we feel for Sam and Jack. "I'm lost everytime I look at you", I feel so much that both of them feel that. The way Sam and Jack try to avoid their real feelings and make the "reg" as their reason.
"I cannot breathe when you're around" is another feeling we see both of them have. Jack becomes almost incoherent when with Carter. And Carter has to talk her geek talk just to keep herself from saying everything that is in her heart.
Each word in "Everytime I Look At You" is so perfect to all the pics you put Sam and Jack in. I hope, in fact I wonder if TPTB ever watch any of this type of music vids. Caty thank you again for sharing your time and talents for our Sam and Jack ship. You should paint your house more.

Lunar
April 14th, 2005, 07:27 AM
I've been watching a lot of S4 recently 'cos its on repeat on Sky at the mo...
Sigh... all that angsty love-festness...
Entity is becoming a new fave for me though. It's Jack-centric ship. :)

Catysg1
April 14th, 2005, 08:09 AM
New video : "Oh yeah " ( Yellow)

A tribute to funny Sam and Jack ..laugh/and/or smile assured ;)

Catysg1
April 14th, 2005, 08:50 AM
Is the red dinger at it again ..?!! dinging me for my post about Window of opportunity which is actually very much on topic ...Give me your name and I'll be feeling so happy to give you plenty of red dings if you like them so much :) I'll even ding when you are on topic too wherever you post ...will be so much fun :) what a party we'll have :)

Please give me your name and you'll be rewarded soon ..you'll love it :)

And Sam and Jack forever together .... ;) with plenty of kisses in season 9 if TBTP wants it to be :

....and thank you for all of you my dear shipper family to give me so many green points for my videos and collages lately :)

sg-1fanintn
April 14th, 2005, 09:04 AM
I agree with majorsal. Even if you get bad news from the Con, I want to hear it. Maybe you could post any news in spoiler tags, so those who don't want to read it don't have to!

Anubis
April 14th, 2005, 09:04 AM
New video : "Oh yeah " ( Yellow)

A tribute to funny Sam and Jack ..laugh/and/or smile assured ;)

Caty, EVEN without new episodes airing and new footage at your fingertips, you still put the older scenes into perfect use, yet another video that is great, just for a laugh. ;)

Catysg1
April 14th, 2005, 09:09 AM
Caty, EVEN without new episodes airing and new footage at your fingertips, you still put the older scenes into perfect use, yet another video that is great, just for a laugh. ;)

Yeah , This one is really just for a laugh (((Anubis ))) because there are not too many words in the song :D ..but it was real fun to make ...I heard it again in an advert last week ..and I thought it would be fun to just make a video with the funny moments ..so here we go :)

Thank you :)

Twisted Angel (Sam_rules)
April 14th, 2005, 09:45 AM
Hey everyone,

I am back here after a while of being away (some people may not know who I am 'cos I didn't post so much and some may lol). I was a lost little shipper. After Moebius aired here in the UK, and then the US and then when everything happened with the shipper family, I just didn't come and post (I have lurked a little bit). I didn't feel like it. Then I sort of got a life (and will get more of one next Monday when I start uni :)), I say sort of 'cos I still came to GW and posted ;)! Anyway I guess what I am saying is hello, I am sort of back. I won't post here so much but I had to come and say hello. :)

Anyway, I have been watching the sky repeats and oh I love S4 episodes. And WoO, the kiss. Sam putting her arm around Jack. You just can’t beat the old Stargate episodes sometimes! :)

~Tracey~

Oma-1
April 14th, 2005, 09:51 AM
Yeah , This one is really just for a laugh (((Anubis ))) because there are not too many words in the song :D ..but it was real fun to make ...I heard it again in an advert last week ..and I thought it would be fun to just make a video with the funny moments ..so here we go :)

Thank you :)

:D :D :D Oh Yeah :D :D :D

LMAO! :rolleyes: Who needs words?

A picture says a thousand words :p

Bucky
April 14th, 2005, 09:54 AM
[quote=sg-1fanintn]

and may i add that if it's NOT good news (regarding ship), please pass that along as well. if you don't want to upset the shippers, then write me personally. please.

Let me triple that request. If I don't get the "good" news ahead of time, well that's okay--I just get a happy surprise when the episode airs. But if it's "bad" news, then I need time to prepare.

Bucky

Oma-1
April 14th, 2005, 10:07 AM
Something a little OT, but kinda interesting in a Stargate way, on the way home from school today, my son suddenly yells

Dave: There's the Prometheus!
Me: Where! (yelled after nearly having a car accident from jumping out of my seat in excitement)
Dave: On the wall of that house!
Me: What? (with by best O'neill confused look :p)

Apparently we had driven past a house built with two colours of bricks. He thought the pattern on the side wall looked like the Prometheus :p Even stranger, he was right! lol! Maybe the owners are SG-1 Fans :p

*Maybe I could paint Sam & Jack on the bridge* :D *rumages around the shed for masonry paint*

dipsofjazz
April 14th, 2005, 10:13 AM
I've been watching a lot of S4 recently 'cos its on repeat on Sky at the mo...
Sigh... all that angsty love-festness...
Entity is becoming a new fave for me though. It's Jack-centric ship. :)

Anyway, I have been watching the sky repeats and oh I love S4 episodes. And WoO, the kiss. Sam putting her arm around Jack. You just can’t beat the old Stargate episodes sometimes!
:D I've also been watching the Sky One repeats of S4, and am enjoying them immensely. We have lots of looks between S/J, angst, and all the fun jokey stuff. If only S9 could be as good, if not better, than these episodes. *sigh* :rolleyes:

ShimmeringStar
April 14th, 2005, 10:14 AM
Hey everyone,

I am back here after a while of being away (some people may not know who I am 'cos I didn't post so much and some may lol). I was a lost little shipper. After Moebius aired here in the UK, and then the US and then when everything happened with the shipper family, I just didn't come and post (I have lurked a little bit). I didn't feel like it. Then I sort of got a life (and will get more of one next Monday when I start uni :)), I say sort of 'cos I still came to GW and posted ;)! Anyway I guess what I am saying is hello, I am sort of back. I won't post here so much but I had to come and say hello. :)

Anyway, I have been watching the sky repeats and oh I love S4 episodes. And WoO, the kiss. Sam putting her arm around Jack. You just can’t beat the old Stargate episodes sometimes! :)

~Tracey~
I remember you! I'm glad you stopped by & that things are going well! Hello back to you! :) :)

((((Tracey))))

wynter
April 14th, 2005, 10:17 AM
hi guys,

been away for a nice couple of weeks,but missed being here!

took some sg1 season4 dvds along with me got all happy again.

caty can you push me in right direction to get your special music as i have lost it for some reason!

i have to catch up what i have missed so will pop in an hour or three!

wynterxx

ShimmeringStar
April 14th, 2005, 10:18 AM

can you say *Pig Headed* at a con ;)Hope you have a safe trip (I can imagine the fun you'll have on the drive there!) And between you and Kiwigater... we do expect some little cookie crumb of S/J shipper spoiler.... Pwease? Pwetty Pweeze? Pwetty pweeze with a thunkers cupcake w/ BB on top? :)

Well.... :p :D Anyway.... hope you all have fun & don't do anything we wouldn't do.... :rolleyes: :p :D :cool:

Cassie
April 14th, 2005, 11:17 AM

((((((((((((TameFarrar))))))))))))
HAVE A FUN SHIPPY WEEKEND!!!!!! Tell us all the "good" news when you come back! :D

Cassie
April 14th, 2005, 11:30 AM

(((((((Caty)))))))
OMG, OMG Just finished watching the 3 new ones and they are Amazing. The 2 IL Divo very very sweet and the done by Yellow made me laugh I dunno why!

Don't know how you do it but THANK YOU!!!! :D

shipper hannah
April 14th, 2005, 11:33 AM
(((((((Caty)))))))
OMG, OMG Just finished watching the 3 new ones and they are Amazing. The 2 IL Divo very very sweat and the done by Yellow made me laugh I dunno why!

Don't know how you do it but THANK YOU!!!! :D

sweat?

Cassie
April 14th, 2005, 11:34 AM
Lots of Hugs today :D

Welcome Back (((Tracy))) Good luck at the uni. Is this your 1st year!?

Welcome Back (((Wynter))) :D

shipper hannah
April 14th, 2005, 11:39 AM
hey, when did i become a goa'uld underling?

Cassie
April 14th, 2005, 11:39 AM
sweat?

like sweet, cute :)
Sorry I've been sleeped deprived this week was able to squeeze in 5 hrs of sleep last night. Finals are coming in College :P

shipper hannah
April 14th, 2005, 11:40 AM
:D I've also been watching the Sky One repeats of S4, and am enjoying them immensely. We have lots of looks between S/J, angst, and all the fun jokey stuff. If only S9 could be as good, if not better, than these episodes. *sigh* :rolleyes:

ooo me too!! i think it's beneath the surface tomorrow... :D

shipper hannah
April 14th, 2005, 11:41 AM
like sweet, cute :)
Sorry I've been sleeped deprived this week was able to squeeze in 5 hrs of sleep last night. Finals are coming in College :P

oh right ...sorry!

Twisted Angel (Sam_rules)
April 14th, 2005, 11:54 AM
I don't have much time 'cos my 'puter is playing up a lot (loves to freeze and re-start itself a lot at the moment :S)!
Anyway I just wanted to say thank you for all the welcomes back. It feels good to be back with the shipper family again. :)

((((((((((((((shipper family)))))))))))))

Oh and Cassie. Yep, it is my first year. I am doing child nursing. I took a gap year out (more like a year and a half) and you can either start April or September, they never had any Sept places left last year so it was April for me. But it has been a great year! :)

Sam and Jack forever! :D

~Tracey~

sueKay
April 14th, 2005, 12:15 PM
Heya!

Phew!

Caught up!

Well...I had a laugh before work this morning when I was watching The First Commandment (?) the one with Jonas Hanson.

Camera: Focussing on Sam and Daniel who are talking about Sam's failed engagement to Jonas
Daniel: What did you see in him?
Sam: I don't know...I guess I've always had a soft spot for the Lunatic Fringe
Camera: Cuts straight to Jack!

I dunno about all of you, but I found it hysterical!

pittsburghgirl
April 14th, 2005, 12:41 PM
okay-some thoughts i think i thought. I think.

please accept that my tongue is firmly implanted into my cheek-and take this for the attempt at humor-such as it is.

not to make trouble here (okay not much but..)

what if the powers that be had this diabolical scheme to make us shippers sorry that we wanted Jack and not Pete (who really loved her-not that I am saying that Jack didn't or doesn't...)

1. Pete stepped up to the plate-offered marriage, moved to be near her, bought her a ring-was willing to plan the entire wedding-including trying on her dress for her. Hey that's love-how many grooms do you know would be willing to go thru the stress of trying on wedding dresses?????
2. Jack-ran away

1. Pete-told Sam he loved her and wanted to always be with her-see above.
2. Jack-offered her an always, a fishing trip with chaperones and ran away

hmmmm-me thinks we goofed.

Sorry, but this was born out of frustration, arrgravation and any other -tion that season 7 started and season 8 finished.

crawling back under my rock now.

sueKay
April 14th, 2005, 01:00 PM
(((((((((((Pittsburghgirl)))))))))))))

Have a hug for all those little '-tions' out there.

I don't actually think that Jack's run away...I think he was probably dragged away from Cheyenne kicking and screaming

pittsburghgirl
April 14th, 2005, 01:01 PM
suekay-thanx for the (((huggers)))) and right back at ya.

rosemary

sueKay
April 14th, 2005, 01:10 PM
thanx hon

Sooo.... what reasons can we come up with for rationally (ie. shippy reasons) explaining Jack's departure?

reasons can be as bizzare as you like...so...I'll start (because...let's face it...I'm as bizzare as you get

Jack has to go shopping for a new bed as too much HWMS caused the bed to give way...unfortunately since Jack's a guy, he got lost, was unwilling to as for directions and is now stranded in D.C...but still to proud to admit he's lost :P The reason Sam's away, is because she decided to go and make the bed herself rather than wait on Jack, but got carried away looking for the best wood...so she's now in the Amazon rainforest!

Any other suggestions?

sg-1fanintn
April 14th, 2005, 01:20 PM
Hey, auralan and pittsburghgirl......and all my other fellow shippers.....

one ray of hope.....

The info is from episode 907. Amanda should return in 906. It has been my thought all along that they would resolve the ship (either live or via flashback or dialogue) in either 901 or 903 (when RDA is there). Logically, after that, it wouldn't be mentioned til Amanda's return in 906. Then, they would probably ignore it again, so I don't really expect it to be mentioned in 907.

Am I being too optimistic here.....or does that make sense? I know one thing: it makes it all that more important that we get some good info from Vancouver!!!!!

Ya think??????

sg-1fanintn
April 14th, 2005, 01:21 PM
Suekay......I'm loving your imagination and creative thought!

sierragulf_gurl_23
April 14th, 2005, 01:54 PM
I'm back! Before I go: What songs remind you of the Sam/Jack ship?

gatebee
April 14th, 2005, 01:55 PM
(((((((((((Pittsburghgirl)))))))))))))

Have a hug for all those little '-tions' out there.

I don't actually think that Jack's run away...I think he was probably dragged away from Cheyenne kicking and screaming
I can't imagine Jack kicking and screaming

sierragulf_gurl_23
April 14th, 2005, 01:58 PM
I'll be right back...

sierragulf_gurl_23
April 14th, 2005, 01:59 PM
I can't imagine Jack kicking and screaming
me either...

gatebee
April 14th, 2005, 02:03 PM
For me I would think that before Jack went to D.C.we see both Sam and Jack in bed. Jack talks about D.C. and Sam comforts him that it won't be long. She will be assigned to D.C. as well and they can be together again. Jack says they had waited to long to be together and every minute they are apart would be so hard. They have a very passionate kiss while still in bed.......(fill in the blanks). Next scene Jack on plane to D.C. and Sam at SGC.

gatebee
April 14th, 2005, 02:05 PM
right now the vid that Caty made of Sam and Jack is all I am humming. Just such a shippy song.

sierragulf_gurl_23
April 14th, 2005, 02:23 PM
true.soo shippy!

sierragulf_gurl_23
April 14th, 2005, 02:26 PM
OH MY GOD!!!! I'm a Jaffa Fodder!!!!! Yay!! I haven't felt this excited since I became a Mature Symbiote!!!!!! YAY!!!!-Just ignore me-ALL Right!!!!!*does happy dance and song*lalalalalalalala-Jaffa Fodder-lalalalala...!

sierragulf_gurl_23
April 14th, 2005, 02:30 PM
BTW: I think "Why don't you kiss her?" from Jesse McCartney is so shippy(the title says it all!).I always think of Divide and Conquer and Beneath the Surface and Threads and a whole bunch of other shippy episodes and it makes me wanna post on this thread! :D

sierragulf_gurl_23
April 14th, 2005, 02:31 PM
oh boy, I'm babbling again...just ignore me and my jaffa fodder happyness...

Rogue
April 14th, 2005, 02:33 PM
For me I would think that before Jack went to D.C.we see both Sam and Jack in bed. Jack talks about D.C. and Sam comforts him that it won't be long. She will be assigned to D.C. as well and they can be together again. Jack says they had waited to long to be together and every minute they are apart would be so hard. They have a very passionate kiss while still in bed.......(fill in the blanks). Next scene Jack on plane to D.C. and Sam at SGC.

gatebee, you are so optimistic. I would give you some green but I have to spread it around. How about a beer instead.
http://pages.prodigy.net/rogerlori1/emoticons/beer1.gif

Rogue
April 14th, 2005, 02:44 PM

Rolling Stones - Can't get no Satisfaction.

gatebee
April 14th, 2005, 02:48 PM
gatebee, you are so optimistic. I would give you some green but I have to spread it around. How about a beer instead.
http://pages.prodigy.net/rogerlori1/emoticons/beer1.gif
thanks Rogue....it is okay , for me it is the thought that counts....I have stopped thinking of post as greens or reds but as to post what I feel and what makes me happy...but I do love giving lots and lots of greens to all

pittsburghgirl
April 14th, 2005, 02:54 PM
don't you want somebody to love-jefferson airplane (starship)

"when the truth is found to be lies, and all the joy within you dies. don't you want somebody to love?"

Uber
April 14th, 2005, 04:06 PM
There's an obscure song that was the theme to a late 70's movie...

I'm not going to tell you all what it is because I'm currently working on a video for it...

Hex.FTB.enabled
April 14th, 2005, 04:15 PM
What songs remind you of the Sam/Jack ship?

Off the top of my head (for very different moods):

Love Soon by John Mayer...it has that will they/won't they thing so great
Them Their Eyes by Billie Holiday
The World Exploded into Love by Bob Schneider
You Got It by Bonnie Raitt
and for angsty stuff, All Who are Weary by Sherri Youngward

If anyone wants lyrics, let me know. :)

LOL4JACK
April 14th, 2005, 04:57 PM
Reo Speedwagon: In my dreams...

"I keep hoping one day I'll awaken and somehow she'll be lying by my side..."

Ahhhhhh :p :p :p :p

Cassie
April 14th, 2005, 05:00 PM

I'm May Hate Myself in the Morning by Lee Ann Womack!

sg-1fanintn
April 14th, 2005, 05:15 PM
"God Bless The Broken Road" by Rascal Flats

and "No Place That Far," by Sara Evans

Sample lyrics from "No Place That Far":

If I had to run,
If I had to crawl,
If I had to swim a hundred rivers
Just to climb a thousand walls,

Always know that I will find a way to get to where you are.
There's no place that far.

Can't you just see how great some of the adventure footage would be there, as well as some of the shippy stuff?

girlgater
April 14th, 2005, 07:25 PM
I'd like for their song to be "At Last." It's an oldie and I can't remember the name of the lady that sang it, but it's really good.

By the way, I got my first ding today--anonymously. It's rather disturbing, but I guess if I'm going to post on this forum, I should be prepared for it. It came from the Sam/Jack Ship Discussion Only thread. Kinda strange, but oh well. After what other people have gone through, I can't complain for getting my first--although this may prompt others. I'll keep posting and continue to love the shipper family. :D

Gatetrixer
April 14th, 2005, 07:34 PM
thanx hon

Sooo.... what reasons can we come up with for rationally (ie. shippy reasons) explaining Jack's departure?

reasons can be as bizzare as you like...so...I'll start (because...let's face it...I'm as bizzare as you get

Jack has to go shopping for a new bed as too much HWMS caused the bed to give way...unfortunately since Jack's a guy, he got lost, was unwilling to as for directions and is now stranded in D.C...but still to proud to admit he's lost :P The reason Sam's away, is because she decided to go and make the bed herself rather than wait on Jack, but got carried away looking for the best wood...so she's now in the Amazon rainforest!

Any other suggestions?

Well, not so bizarre, really, but Jack asked Pres. Hayes if he could retire and still be head of SGC, Prez said "I know what you're thinking and you would still be in direct command of a certain someone, but there's this opening in Washington that pays a lot and no one else knows enough about it (except Hammond, I guess, but he's always ready to move somewhere if you need to be promoted). So if you take it then you and that certain someone can be together, except you wouldn't really be together 'cause we need her at SGC but there's Andrews AFB near DC always ready to take you to Col. Sprgs. I mean what can you do in DC--the gate's in Colorado?" So he takes the job and then someone decides that that certain someone is the only one who can fix a gate on another planet. So she takes Prometheus to this planet Unfortunately memories all that fishing has hurt her concentration not to mention all those libidinous dreams she's having and she finds she's fantasizing too much and the gate takes ages to fix. Meanwhile Jack can't concentrate in DC (he has fishing memories too), Unfortunately Kerry is called back to CIA headquarters near DC and wishes she'd never told Jack she was "getting out" so she..............No, no, no, that's doesn't happen, mistake, wrong plot, you gotta believe it. Please. She's in Area 51, anywhere else! In reality, Jack just goes a little bit crazy and spends his time trying to fish in the tidal basin.

sg-1fanintn
April 14th, 2005, 07:44 PM
I got a ding too......because I speculated on S9 without using spoiler tags. Sorry to anyone I offended. Since the musings were just my own, I didn't think they qualified as "spoiler spec." I'll know next time.

So, hit me with the zat already (just once, please!)!

girlgater
April 14th, 2005, 08:00 PM
I'm not sure why I got dinged--I used spoiler tags and was on topic. Speaking of which...I better get back OT now.

I'm anxious for any news from the Vancouver con. Here's hoping that someone will let something shippy slip out...perhaps where Sam is during the first 5 eps and details on what kind of a long-distance relationship Jack and Sam will have. Here's hoping... ;)

Buc252
April 14th, 2005, 08:03 PM
I got a ding too......because I speculated on S9 without using spoiler tags. Sorry to anyone I offended. Since the musings were just my own, I didn't think they qualified as "spoiler spec." I'll know next time.

So, hit me with the zat already (just once, please!)!

This gets more bizarre by the day. I got an "anonymous" red ding for this post:

http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost.php?p=446177&postcount=1117

Wherein I stated my personal feelings alone!! How can you be wrong to feel what you feel??

But now that I think about it, isn't that the exact situation that S&J have been in throughout the series? Hmmmm . . . feelings can't be wrong, just how you act on them can. Jack and Sam can't break regs with their feelings, just on their actions. I like thinking of it that way.

Of course, that's MHO, too, so ding away. <g> My green jello is melting as if it were in the microwave!! LOLOL

majorsal
April 14th, 2005, 08:03 PM
i had a moment last night. i just have to say...

spoilers for s8's threads

PETE'S GONE!!! :D

(all shippers take a moment to reflect on the wonderful wonderfulness of this momentous event)

PETE IS GONE!!

no more will we have to fear seeing the heart-breaking sam/pete romance played before our eyes.

(shippers, on your mark, get set, squeeeeee!)

PETE *jumps up and down* IS *sings joyfully* GONE! *eats chocolate, and not as an anti-depressant*

Rogue
April 14th, 2005, 08:18 PM
i had a moment last night. i just have to say...

spoilers for s8's threads

PETE'S GONE!!! :D

(all shippers take a moment to reflect on the wonderful wonderfulness of this momentous event)

PETE IS GONE!!

no more will we have to fear seeing the heart-breaking sam/pete romance played before our eyes.

(shippers, on your mark, get set, squeeeeee!)

PETE *jumps up and down* IS *sings joyfully* GONE! *eats chocolate, and not as an anti-depressant*

Going to stay at the Y-M-C-A
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v474/mkmoulder/potatoeheaddancing.gif

Oma-1
April 14th, 2005, 08:22 PM
This gets more bizarre by the day. I got an "anonymous" red ding for this post:

http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost.php?p=446177&postcount=1117

Wherein I stated my personal feelings alone!! How can you be wrong to feel what you feel??

But now that I think about it, isn't that the exact situation that S&J have been in throughout the series? Hmmmm . . . feelings can't be wrong, just how you act on them can. Jack and Sam can't break regs with their feelings, just on their actions. I like thinking of it that way.

Of course, that's MHO, too, so ding away. <g> My green jello is melting as if it were in the microwave!! LOLOL
Sorry Mary! I think that ding was my fault :( I promise not to get all sympathetic again :p - but just to jump on the soap box for a while :D

What else is ship but feelings? OK, so the particular ones we discuss here are Sam's and Jack's, but this thread is born of how we as shippers feel about their feelings. Sam & Jack have gone through the good, the bad, the shippy, the denial, the angst, the humour, the HWMS (almost in cannon- see Broca Divide :D, for certain in our shippy little heads :p ), the highs, the lows, the disappointments, the heartbreak, the regret, the fear, the excitement ..... the list goes on.

As Shippers we go through it all with them. As we are all individuals in this shippy family, we all react a little differently to these things. What is this thread for if not to discuss our different reactions? Receive support and (((((((hugs))))))) when we feel down about it? (er ... I don't think red jello counts as hugs - even if the colour is all warm and cuddly :p ) Laugh and reminisce about our fave parts? Cry over the Angst (DAMN that Laira! :p )? Smile and whoop for joy over ship?

Mary - you just keep on expressing yourself :)

SOLIDARITY ROCKS :D

gatebee
April 14th, 2005, 08:23 PM
Rogue love the potatoe dance. Jack has got the whole field to play with Sam....S9

majorsal
April 14th, 2005, 08:24 PM

i can't rep you, rogue, so i'm saying

:p

Oma-1
April 14th, 2005, 08:26 PM

ROFLMAO :D :D

sorry can't type - still lmao :D

Oma-1
April 14th, 2005, 08:30 PM
Darn it! This GW doesn't let you rep enough :p

Sally - thanks for the reminder and Rogue's inspiriation :D
Rogue - just tooooooo funny :D

still LMAO! *thinks Oma might be having a giggly moment :eek: *

Oma-1
April 14th, 2005, 08:46 PM
Auralan has posted some info re S9 so I'm gonna link it so all my lovely family gets to see it spoiler alert! (http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost.php?p=447488&postcount=125) It's not great news for the ship, but I will say this

If I find Ba'al first I'M KEEPING HIM!

Edit: This is so you know what SG1fanintn is talking about :D I HAD to go find out :p

Oma-1
April 14th, 2005, 09:12 PM
Oooh I just reminded myself :p Talking of Laira ..... well, let's not go there again ;) :rolleyes: ...

Talking about 100 days a wee while ago prompted me to watch Paradise Lost tonight. I really love this ep. Jack finds himself stranded off world - again. This time the company is a LOT better - for us shippy fans anyway :p, but this time, notice Jack's reaction...

O’NEILL: Well I don’t think we’re walking out of here.

MAYBOURNE: No way of knowing how far we were transported. We could be on the other side of the planet.

O’NEILL: Which is why we survive here until we’re rescued.

I think this little snippet may be why I like this ep so much (well, that and the fact Jack finally shoots Harry :p ). Jack knows that Sam will find him. He knows she won't give up, and this time he won't either! His confidence is really hearywarming to this shipper :) I feel like Jack's really learned from Edora and all the experiences SG-1 have had since then. What's the motto? Let's say it together children, after three - 1, 2, 3

NOBODY GETS LEFT BEHIND :D

Well done :p

I also like Sam's reaction this time. Her outbursts really show her feelings for Jack. And the locker room scene ... *sob* don't get me started *sob*

*goes into shippy haze*

Uber
April 14th, 2005, 09:15 PM
Auralan has posted some info re S9 so I'm gonna link it so all my lovely family gets to see it spoiler alert! (http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost.php?p=447488&postcount=125) It's not great news for the ship, but I will say this

Edit: This is so you know what SG1fanintn is talking about :D I HAD to go find out :p
Well, all dinging talk aside, I have to say that we as shippers have really gotten more than we think we have.

I just for instance saw Inauguration again last night and was really surprised that they spent a couple minutes dissecting whether or not there was an "inappropriate relationship" between Jack and Sam.

Now, think about it...why would the writers have made such a deal about it? And they even showed clips (being a CLIP SHOW) to back it up, including the Paradise Lost scene "I SAY when we're done here"... Kinsey was pointing out how they wouldn't "incriminate themselves" in their own reports...but even those gave hints about what was happening between them and anyone could "read between the lines"...

And then with all the evidence provided by Woolsey, NO ONE...not President Hayes or the General...could dispute that there was more than likely a relationship between Jack and Sam that exceeded the Air Force's boundaries.

Just a shippy concept embedded within a non-shippy episode...

LtColSamONeill
April 14th, 2005, 09:52 PM

There's a song by Keith Urban on his new CD. Here are the lyrics and man are they perfect!!!! Well, the earning your trust part is a bit off cause Sam already trusts Jack, but in the romantic sense, I guess he has a little earning to do.....okaye shutting up and posting the lyrics LOL

"Making Memories Of Us"

I'm gonna be here for you baby
I'll be a man of my word
Speak the language in a voice that you have never heard
I wanna sleep with you forever
And I wanna die in your arms
In a cabin by a meadow where the wild bees swarm

And I'm gonna love you like nobody loves you
And I'll earn your trust making memories of us

I wanna honor your mother
I wanna learn from your pa
I wanna steal your attention like a bad outlaw
I wanna stand out in a crowd for you
A man among men
I wanna make your world better than it's ever been

We'll follow the rainbow
Wherever the four winds blow
And there'll be a new day
Comin' your way

I'm gonna be here for you from now on
This you know somehow
You've been stretched to the limits but it's alright now
And I'm gonna make you a promise
If there's life after this
I'm gonna be there to meet you with a warm, wet kiss

I'm gonna love you like nobody loves you
And I'll win your trust making memories of us

Oma-1
April 15th, 2005, 01:18 AM
To the lovely shipper who gave me rep points earlier, can you put your name at the end of your comment next time so I know who I'm smiling at :D :) The rep system doesn't put your sig on it. Thanks :p

No, that's not a sarcastic comment to any of you who thought I'd been dinged, its genuine :p

Sally - I cleared my in box for ya :D

Catysg1
April 15th, 2005, 02:03 AM
(((((((( Caty )))))))))
Those two songs just fitted the love and emotions that we feel for Sam and Jack. "I'm lost everytime I look at you", I feel so much that both of them feel that. The way Sam and Jack try to avoid their real feelings and make the "reg" as their reason.
"I cannot breathe when you're around" is another feeling we see both of them have. Jack becomes almost incoherent when with Carter. And Carter has to talk her geek talk just to keep herself from saying everything that is in her heart.
Each word in "Everytime I Look At You" is so perfect to all the pics you put Sam and Jack in. I hope, in fact I wonder if TPTB ever watch any of this type of music vids. Caty thank you again for sharing your time and talents for our Sam and Jack ship. You should paint your house more.

Do you really like IL Divo (((gatebee))) ?! ;)
I don't think TPTB watch many fan videos ...They do check some of the sites though and investigate I suppose .
but the actors may watch the videos ....I usually send CD to actors and AT has 4 CD music videos from me ..she hasn't got the last videos though ..not YET :)

pittsburghgirl
April 15th, 2005, 03:26 AM
hey Rogue

"I know-it's only rock and roll, but I like it"

pittsburghgirl

Rogue
April 15th, 2005, 04:58 AM
hey Rogue

"I know-it's only rock and roll, but I like it"

pittsburghgirl

like it, yes I do.

Rogue
April 15th, 2005, 05:24 AM

Nope, sorry he is mine.

Have ya'll seen the new spoilers Agent Barrett is back, working with Sam. I wonder if he is going to ask her out again?

girlgater
April 15th, 2005, 05:46 AM
From Rogue:

"Have ya'll seen the new spoilers Agent Barrett is back, working with Sam. I wonder if he is going to ask her out again?[/QUOTE]

Well, if he does ask Sam out, she'll need to very politely decline and tell him she's already in a relationship--with Jack! :D

Thanks everyone for the green - you guys are the greatest!
(((((shipper family)))))

Rogue
April 15th, 2005, 05:57 AM
From Rogue:

"Have ya'll seen the new spoilers Agent Barrett is back, working with Sam. I wonder if he is going to ask her out again?

Well, if he does ask Sam out, she'll need to very politely decline and tell him she's already in a relationship--with Jack! :D

(((((shipper family)))))

Hopefully, she turned him down once for the Spudster. I don't know what Sam was thinking at the time. I really thought that when they introduced Agent Barrett, he was going to be Sams love interest, then out of the blue they brought in Pete. Agent Barrett would have been more believable and more of a threat to Jack.

pittsburghgirl
April 15th, 2005, 06:26 AM
Hopefully, she turned him down once for the Spudster. I don't know what Sam was thinking at the time. I really thought that when they introduced Agent Barrett, he was going to be Sams love interest, then out of the blue they brought in Pete. Agent Barrett would have been more believable and more of a threat to Jack.
absol-tootlie Rogue. I liked Malcom and I think he would have been a way better choice then the other guys they had attempted to pair her with.

shelsfc
April 15th, 2005, 07:29 AM
Hi shipper family!
*waves timidly*

I hope everyone is well!!
I haven't been around for a while, but I hope I'll be sticking around more now!

SueKay & Caty, I'm so glad to see you're still here!! :)

Uber
April 15th, 2005, 09:26 AM
To the lovely shipper who gave me rep points earlier, can you put your name at the end of your comment next time so I know who I'm smiling at :D :) The rep system doesn't put your sig on it. Thanks :p

No, that's not a sarcastic comment to any of you who thought I'd been dinged, its genuine :p

Sally - I cleared my in box for ya :D
It would seem we have a MAD GREENER on the shipper thread! Yes, someone who is clearly overwhelmed with all manner of shippy goodness and lurve sees this one look on Jack's face and feels the urge to spread shippy greenage!!! ;)

http://www.powerpromoz.com/stargate/woo_jackandsam.jpg

I get the sense they WANT to be anonymous though Oma-1... :cool:

Lord Zedd
April 15th, 2005, 09:33 AM
Hi shipper family!
*waves timidly*

I hope everyone is well!!
I haven't been around for a while, but I hope I'll be sticking around more now!

SueKay & Caty, I'm so glad to see you're still here!! :)
Same here !! I am glad too that they aren't gone.

Catysg1
April 15th, 2005, 09:42 AM
New video : Love is All ( Marc Anthony)

Stunning song and stunning voice :)

ohshocking
April 15th, 2005, 09:47 AM
absol-tootlie Rogue. I liked Malcom and I think he would have been a way better choice then the other guys they had attempted to pair her with.
Just joining in the thread :) *waves to fellow shippers*

Have to agree - I think Agent Barrett would have been a much better partner for Sam (before she gets with Jack, of course ;)) than Pete. Then again, would we have wanted her to be with someone she had more in common with? More of a threat to the ship? However, if she'd been with someone nicer and more suited to her than Pete and then chose Jack, it would have been brilliant :)

Talking about 100 days a wee while ago prompted me to watch Paradise Lost tonight. I really love this ep. Jack finds himself stranded off world - again. This time the company is a LOT better - for us shippy fans anyway , but this time, notice Jack's reaction...
I really like your comparison between 100 days and Paradise Lost, with Jack knowing he'd be rescued by Sam the second time, shows how their relationship has progressed and his faith in her is now complete. Also, Sam's breakdown is very emotional, and compared to her attempt to hide everything in 100 days, just shows how it's all too much for her and she can't keep her feelings hidden anymore despite her best efforts.

Oh, the shippiness *has urges to go watch PL now* :)

Daniel's_twin
April 15th, 2005, 09:56 AM

Agreed. But I did kinda like Pete's character better. :cool:

ohshocking
April 15th, 2005, 10:08 AM

A beautiful video, Caty! Thanks for sharing :)

I really liked the two hospital scenes you put together, one with Sam injured and the other with Jack. I also like the way you had Jack beamed up by Thor and then Sam beamed down - it worked really well :)

Plus it had all the lovely Threads and Moebius shippy goodness ;)

Brilliant vid!

Edited to thank: The anonymous person who gave me a green! :)

gatebee
April 15th, 2005, 10:18 AM

Caty....have seen the vid twice....it is lovely. Thank you so much for sharing. You have such a romantic soul. Finding just the right song to express the love our Sam and Jack have for one another. As "always" Sam and Jack forever.

Cassie
April 15th, 2005, 10:28 AM

Love that Song and Love the Vid. Thanks Caty! So many, many shippy moments! :D

Gatetrixer
April 15th, 2005, 11:50 AM
From Rogue:

"Have ya'll seen the new spoilers Agent Barrett is back, working with Sam. I wonder if he is going to ask her out again?

(((((shipper family)))))[/QUOTE]

Gatetrixer
April 15th, 2005, 11:56 AM

I wish that right off the bat with Sam's first appearance in S9, she defines her parameters--she's taken!!! On the other hand TPTB have a way of messing up things. The next ep afte Sha're dies (I think) Daniel gets interested in someone. And Teal'c sleeps with Krista just before "Sacrifices" and the reappearance of Ishta.

Rogue
April 15th, 2005, 12:07 PM

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v474/mkmoulder/Stargate/image2405.jpg
Sam: Forget it Barrett, I'm taken!"

Hex.FTB.enabled
April 15th, 2005, 12:45 PM
Yay, Zero Hour tonight. It'll help the withdrawl to have a Jack-centric episode. And there's that cute shippy scene at the end. :)

Cassie
April 15th, 2005, 12:46 PM

Ya I thought so too! I'm actually pretty happy that Agent Barrett wasn't Sam's love interest because it would be so hard to hate him.....sooo cute :D

Cassie
April 15th, 2005, 12:48 PM
"Secrets" also airs tonight. Love that ep. Jacob meeting his future Son in law!

Rogue
April 15th, 2005, 01:19 PM
"Secrets" also airs tonight. Love that ep. Jacob meeting his future Son in law!

Really good ep. Jacob is so nosey, he knows Sam is working on something big. At this time I don't think he gives Jack a second thought. He knows he is dying and want to make sure Sam's dream of becoming a astronaut comes true. Kind of sounds familiar doesn't it. Both times he is dying, he makes sure his daughter is happy.

Lord Zedd
April 15th, 2005, 01:21 PM

yeah a new video. I wondered when we got to see a new video. Caty I'll go watch it right now. can't wait

Oma-1
April 15th, 2005, 01:27 PM

Comletely agree Caty, just to add, stunning vid too :) The clips are perfect for the lyrics.

ses110
April 15th, 2005, 02:57 PM
Here we go again.Anyone want to place bets Baal will tell Sam he Loves her just like Fifth.I do not want to rain on anyone Parade about Season 9 but I'am very Happy I'am not watching Season 9 so I do not have to put up with all the Guest Stars falling for Sam.I'am getting more enjoyment out of Fanfic then I got with the Show the last 2 Years and what we get from the Real Sam and Jack Ship wise will probably pale in comparison to Fanfic.

badmedicinesg1
April 15th, 2005, 03:34 PM
IMO, it would be better to have a scene where Sam and Jack actually get together, you know, like them telling eachother their feelings and their first kiss and stuff (if we can get RDA for an episode).....but it would be funny to have Sam talking about her and Jack doing things together.
BTW, I'm back from my mom's, YAY!

Uber
April 15th, 2005, 04:36 PM
It would seem we have a MAD GREENER on the shipper thread! Yes, someone who is clearly overwhelmed with all manner of shippy goodness and lurve sees this one look on Jack's face and feels the urge to spread shippy greenage!!! ;)

http://www.powerpromoz.com/stargate/woo_jackandsam.jpg

I get the sense they WANT to be anonymous though Oma-1... :cool:
To the <description deleted by poster> who dinged me for this post saying that it was OT (who I believe is the same <description deleted by poster> who dinged me for encouraging someone else to focus on ship and ignore <description deleted by poster> dingers), if you have the guts please PM me and tell me exactly how talking about shippy love and Jack's feelings for Sam is OFF TOPIC in the shippy thread...either that, or grow up.

And here's my shippy pic of the day:

http://www.powerpromoz.com/stargate/dandc1.jpg

dipsofjazz
April 15th, 2005, 04:42 PM
And here's my shippy pic of the day:

http://www.powerpromoz.com/stargate/dandc1.jpg
I'm so glad we never got any words spoken from them in this scene. I know it was originally going to have dialogue, but it is so much better with just the looks between them. *happy shippy sigh* :D

Starfury
April 15th, 2005, 04:42 PM
OH MY GOSH!!!!!!!!! I logged on today for the first time in like, a week, and I almost died of a heart attack after looking through FOUR PAGES of the GD forum and not seeing the Shipper Family thread!!!! It scared the crap out of me; it was like being in the twilight zone. I started thinking Pete had somehow managed to ascend and altered reality or something.

Fortunately, I somehow managed to find this new sub-forum. But seriously guys, that wasn't funny. I'm under enough stress as it is with work and school and all...

Um...don't really have much to say 'bout Sam and Jack at the moment...still think they are IT, though, and those who don't think so are crazier than a 50lb bag of nuts.

sg-1fanintn
April 15th, 2005, 05:10 PM
I just got a chance to see Caty's new videos. "Love is All" is the best ever!

Caty.....thank you for your continuing gifts to all your fellow shippers!

girlgater
April 15th, 2005, 05:55 PM
Any news from Vancouver? The convention did start today--right? I'm anxious for any tidbit on Sam/Jack...

LOL4JACK
April 15th, 2005, 06:07 PM
Caty love the video!!!!!!!!!!!! it's to much... it takes my breath away :D... specially the HUGssss ((((((JACK)))))) & ((((((SAM)))))

And talking about "Hugs" :p and "Breath taking moments" :p what would you guys say are the best "BREATH TAKING HUGs" between S/J? :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :D :D :D

Uber
April 15th, 2005, 06:08 PM
Any news from Vancouver? The convention did start today--right? I'm anxious for any tidbit on Sam/Jack...
What we really need is some Real Time convention streaming...an online webcam showing the events...

I want to see our shippers out there proudly wearing their penguin shirts and asking...yea verily...DEMANDING any information regarding Jack and Sam!!!

We're counting on you our convention-going shippers to deliver the goods and let TPTB and the cast know how we feel!!!

girlgater
April 15th, 2005, 06:14 PM
Streaming would be great. I hope we'll hear some news by tomorrow anyway. :D Lots of shippy news! ;)

Skydiver
April 15th, 2005, 06:21 PM
Guys

calling other forum members names, even if it's meant to be obliquely, is just not the thing to do.

I can certainly appreciate getting hit by the anonymous dinger, it's happened to me, but you know, calling them names on this (or any) thread is just what they want and, unfortunately, while i can't do anything about him/her, i do have to defend this anonymous person from being called names.

Uber
April 15th, 2005, 06:53 PM
Guys

calling other forum members names, even if it's meant to be obliquely, is just not the thing to do.

I can certainly appreciate getting hit by the anonymous dinger, it's happened to me, but you know, calling them names on this (or any) thread is just what they want and, unfortunately, while i can't do anything about him/her, i do have to defend this anonymous person from being called names.
You're right of course...I just got a little ticked for a moment.

I have since edited my post...