PDA

View Full Version : Sam Carter/Jack O'Neill Ship Appreciation Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 [49] 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57

ChevronSeven
September 4th, 2005, 10:52 AM
<snip>
Is SciFi trying to drive away the viewers?

As a long-time viewer of "The West Wing" I can tell you this. NBC has gotten its paws on the promo department of the Sci-Fi channel and subsequently ruined their promos.

galaxy
September 4th, 2005, 10:57 AM
I don't need to see them get married on screen, but it would be nice to have some sort of visual confirmation (a kiss would do me fine).

Yeah, I'm not a big fan of this marriage-idea either. :S
Don't know why, but it doesn't fit into the show IMO.
But I like the idea, that they will marry some day (in not too far future.)
I just don't want to see the marriage on the show...can't explain it...
that just happens to be the way I feel about it. :D

I've read somewhere that techinically a spoiler? (highlight to read))[COLOR=White]season 9 is supposed to end with a huge cliffhanger, so I think that TPTB are really hoping for a season 10. If that happens, it would be nice to get more subtle references. The whole show doesn't have to be about the ship, but it's good to know it's there.

I thought season 10 is almost assured?!?
As far as I know, they are already in negotiation with the actors.
I think I want a kiss in season 9 and then some subtle references in season 10.
But I guess TPTB couldn't care less about what I want..LOL :p

scjon
September 4th, 2005, 11:31 AM

I thought season 10 is almost assured?!?
As far as I know, they are already in negotiation with the actors.
I think I want a kiss in season 9 and then some subtle references in season 10.
But I guess TPTB couldn't care less about what I want..LOL :p

I can't say I'm surprised. If that's the case, there should be confirmation a lot earlier than there was for season 9, which is a good thing.

I like the idea that they will get married either sooner or later, but like you, I don't need to actually see it on screen. Perhaps Sam could wear a wedding ring or something (on her dog tags if not allowed on her finger)

cafine_us
September 4th, 2005, 11:37 AM
I'd rather have the ship definitely resolved and the show end than continue to be teased for seasons. I'm always concerned that the show will be canceled without having any on-screen resolution.

scjon
September 4th, 2005, 11:40 AM
I'd rather have the ship definitely resolved and the show end than continue to be teased for seasons. I'm always concerned that the show will be canceled without having any on-screen resolution.
I agree with you, which is why I suggested the kiss in season 9-so we know they are definitely togethet-and references thereafter. Assuming of course that RDA doesn't come back as a full time cast member in season 10 etc. In which case, we'll get RST.

ST-1
September 4th, 2005, 11:52 AM
JACK: Isn't this a great way to spend the holiday weekend?
SAM: Yep! I never knew I'd like fishing so much until we started meeting here!
JACK: Yeah.....'specially since we have the place all to ourselves this time....
SAM: Are you thinking what I'm thinking?
JACK (reels in line, stands up, motions toward house and takes Sam's reel) : And we're walking......[/CENTER][/B]

LOL...I just saw 2010 for the first time Friday night, and the whole tour scene had me ROTFLMAO because I used to be a museum tour guide. I was NEVER that perky, though, and I don't think I ever said "And we're walking." :D

lonely_star
September 4th, 2005, 12:03 PM
Aww, it's wonderful!
Love the way they look at each other! *sigh*
From which episode are the caps?

Threads... Jack says "well that"s good" and looks at her and she is smiling. It's just before Daniel comes back...naked :o ...again :p

congrats guys on the milestones..don't have time to post as much but I want to say to ‹berSG-1Fan : your vid is awesome ! I'm sure she'll like it a lot and I hope you'll make one about Sam and Jack soon...because personnaly I say Sam and Jack.. :rolleyes: well actually it depends on how fast my fingers go on the pad :D personnaly I don't care because they are together anyway :D :D

oh oh I wanted to say that you guys have to relax a little too. this whole article thing and rumors about them braking up was kinda ridiculous to me. We haven't really seen them together rumors already begin...let's just stay optimistic a little and let's remember where we come from...what could arrive now :D :D we already had 8 years waing, several :( one :eek: another :S ...so come on let's squeeeeeeeeeeeee to the EDM thingy and let's wait and cross our fingers for RDA to return :)

sueKay
September 4th, 2005, 12:06 PM
Howdy folks!

Well...got sent home from work today...another £15 I'll miss out on...groan...

Found out I've DEFINITELY missed the cut off date for the amanda tapping contest submissions...double groan...

And just generally feeling down :(

I used to call it Jack and Sam...until I came here...Jack/Sam's my preference.

smea
September 4th, 2005, 12:30 PM
Hm.. my opinion on one of the points that around at the moment.. :p

I think I would prefer them to end the ship propery, and Im prepared to wait. I just hope they dont try and stetch it out too long... Id love to have SG going on for many more seasons, but if the storylines get weak and/or repetative, or it ends up that absolutely no one from the original cast is left at the end, it would break my heart for sure.

I just hope they know when to stop. ;)

gwenhwyfar
September 4th, 2005, 12:35 PM
Ok, I just read my post from yesterday. I really was out of it.

I don't want a wedding. I don't know what I was thinking! A kiss would be enough. Like in the episode of The X-Files when Scully had her baby. A wedding would be too soap operaish. I've always said if I want to see a soap opera I'll watch Passions. Or read really cliche fanfiction.

sueKay
September 4th, 2005, 12:41 PM
I'd like them to get married off-screen but then show the photos to EVERYONE! :D

Somnium
September 4th, 2005, 12:41 PM
I really want to see Sam and Jack together but as with some of the others not too fused about the wedding, as for when it happens am not bothered as long as it happens. Would love to see how they get on as a couple because of the type of people they are and the lives they've lead. Im sure they'd be far from normal but after everything I would hope they have a very strong relationship :D

Haildorothy - agree with your comments about marriage and kids in fic as long as its done well and is realistic I dont mind it.

Suekay - what a bummer you got sent home early, that used to happen to me all the time in my last job.

smea
September 4th, 2005, 12:43 PM
I'd like them to get married off-screen but then show the photos to EVERYONE! :D

LOL.. yes!! :D
Because honestly, a wedding would be too much, but Id have to know what Sam would wear ;)

sueKay
September 4th, 2005, 12:45 PM
I got sent home because I felt faint...I'm not good with the heat and it was warm today...I'll tell you...bus drivers are complete <insert expletives> There's one driver who always slows down so you think he's stopping, then takes off, leaving you standing there...that happened today, so I ended up standing in the sun and heat for three quarters on an hour waiting on the next bus...was late for work...got into work and thought I was going to pass out.

groan

[/rl rant]

[on topic] SAM AND JACK, JACK AND SAM, SACK AND JAM, JAM AND SACK :p

galaxy
September 4th, 2005, 01:13 PM
I got sent home because I felt faint...I'm not good with the heat and it was warm today...I'll tell you...bus drivers are complete <insert expletives> There's one driver who always slows down so you think he's stopping, then takes off, leaving you standing there...that happened today, so I ended up standing in the sun and heat for three quarters on an hour waiting on the next bus...was late for work...got into work and thought I was going to pass out.

groan

[/rl rant]

[on topic] SAM AND JACK, JACK AND SAM, SACK AND JAM, JAM AND SACK :p

((((sueKay)))))

I know the problem... I tend to faint quite often, because I have hypotension (or however this is called :p ).
I hate when that happens..it's SOOOO embarrassing!!! :o

Why didn't the bus driver stop for you? :S

Somnium
September 4th, 2005, 01:31 PM
(((((((Suekay))))))) You poor thing, glares at bus driver and curses him ;)

I dont like the heat either but fortunatley Im just about able to deal with it.

Smea - Id want to know what she wore too! But dont want to see the wedding just maybe a pic on either S or Js desk.

sueKay
September 4th, 2005, 01:49 PM
Thanks guys

Galaxy - the bus driver is a moron...if he's behind time or in a bad mood...he'll slow down as if he's stopping...waits until you've got your money out...then drives off...and today was a sunday, so a maximum of two buses an hour...groan.

((((galaxy)))) - had that as a kid...not funny...fainted halfway through signing a solo in the school choir when I was ten...:o

Somnium - the only time I like it hot is when it's RDA :D :P

Uber
September 4th, 2005, 01:57 PM
LOL.. yes!! :D
Because honestly, a wedding would be too much, but Id have to know what Sam would wear ;)As rabid a Sam and Jack shipper I am...I'd go with not seeing the wedding personally. The show isn't the Sam and Jack family hour after all...

That being said, I like the fact that the end of last season went our way...but let's face it, Sam's personal life was so front and center in Season 8...possibly too much for some. But she's no longer in that place...she's made her choice ;)... And now for Season 9, we see a more confident Sam ready to up the body count...who's no longer weighed down by the stress caused by her emotional shippy roller coaster.

So even though they're being more subtle about ship this season it's clear what they're doing. Joe even confirmed it by pointing to EDM when asked about the state of the ship.

So bring on Season 9. Bring on Kickbutt!Sam...

...and bring on a few Sam and Jack scenes for good measure FCOL...

:cool:

nell
September 4th, 2005, 01:58 PM
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y209/cilljill/image2083.jpg

Jack: What????
Sam: You don't want to see our wedding????

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y209/cilljill/image2085.jpg

Jack: What do they want??? The big honkin' kiss???
Sam: Exactly!!!!

Uber
September 4th, 2005, 02:04 PM
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y209/cilljill/image2083.jpg
Jack: What????
Sam: You don't want to see our wedding????
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y209/cilljill/image2085.jpg
Jack: What do they want??? The big honkin' kiss???
Sam: Exactly!!!!ABSOLUTELY!

I'm screaming for just ONE BHK this season. Even if it's the last scene of the last episode of this season...I want my BHK.

BRING ON MY BHK!!!!!!!!!!!!

nell
September 4th, 2005, 02:13 PM
ABSOLUTELY!

I'm screaming for just ONE BHK this season. Even if it's the last scene of the last episode of this season...I want my BHK.

BRING ON MY BHK!!!!!!!!!!!!

:cool:http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y209/cilljill/thumbs-up.jpg

Jack: Shippers, I'm ready for take off!! D.C. to Colorado Springs to deliver that BHK!!!

sueKay
September 4th, 2005, 02:26 PM
Lonely_Star, Somnium - I'm afraid you're both going to have to remind me about what you want in your sigs...I've acidentally deleted the PMs I meant to keep :o

Somnium
September 4th, 2005, 03:09 PM
Lonely_Star, Somnium - I'm afraid you're both going to have to remind me about what you want in your sigs...I've acidentally deleted the PMs I meant to keep :o

Suekay - Have PM'd you with ideas.

Nell - BRING ON MY BHK!!!!!!!!!!!! I second that :D

sueKay
September 4th, 2005, 03:51 PM
BHK??

Reminds me of a good Scots word...

Bahookie!!!!

And before you adopt that as slang for Big honkin kiss...you should know it's another word for your butt!

sg-1fanintn
September 4th, 2005, 03:55 PM
I think those who feel the show should end when the Sam/Jack this is resolved are limiting their options. There's so much that can still happen --- the whole Stargate universe is one where anything is possible, and it can go on for many years to come.

I do love Amanda! The idea of the show without her or RDA is a little unsettling, but, give us a resolution and anything is possible. This series could go on for another 10 years, for all we know, with a changing of the guard.
Absolutely! Itís a big round ring, and it takes you places. The possibilities are endless! And the Star Trek franchise has sure done a lot of business off a moderately successful sci-fi series that only ran for three seasons! I think different versions of Stargate could go on indefinitely (like SGA). But letís first resolve the S/J ship properly and give shippers that satisfaction. RDA could get on with his life and make one or two appearances a year as long as AT was still involved in the show. At that point, Iíd be happy and open to any new possibility TPTB had.

i think some people assume that cos i'm a shipper i want to see a wedding and all that, but i couldn't stand that, it would just make me cringe.. i dont like soppy stuff like that. i can't even read fanfics which involve them getting married and having kids, really. :eek:
I really think that these two people would choose to marry, but I donít think theyíd have children. Their commitment to work, Jackís ageÖ..although he would be great with kids, for sure! But their bond is so strong, and theyíve waited so long to be together that I feel certain they would want to formalize their relationship. But I donít like the soppy fanfics either. Theyíre too out of character, and usually, theyíre worse for Samís character.

I wouldn't have wanted it to end at season eight, because then it's like it's all about RDA and AT. It's unfair to the rest of the cast to go, okay, we're hooking Sam and Jack up and finishing the series. These people have put a lot of work into making this show what it is --- something that's better than the original movie. How rare is that? I think they deserve the opportunity to see the show into its next phase --- a revamped SG1, which is essentially what's happening in series nine.
What a good point about how wrong it would be to end it with a Sam and Jack union! I havenít seen that expressed here before. But this rather large segment of the fan base does need the Sam/Jack relationship resolved properly, so we can know in our minds that itís settled, resolved, a-ok. Only then can we truly open ourselves to a revamped version of the show, BECAUSE THEN WE WONíT HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT SAM AND JACKíS FUTURE ANYMORE!

Yeah, I'm not a big fan of this marriage-idea either. :S Don't know why, but it doesn't fit into the show IMO. But I like the idea, that they will marry some day (in not too far future.)

The sooner TPTB let us know itís happened, the sooner we can move forward.

Because honestly, a wedding would be too much, but Id have to know what Sam would wear ;)
Me too! Thatís why I like the idea that they get married off-screen, and we see them (or Sam) showing pictures to people later. That way, we get both!!!

Cathain Nottingham
September 4th, 2005, 04:04 PM
Howdy folks!

Well...got sent home from work today...another £15 I'll miss out on...groan...

Found out I've DEFINITELY missed the cut off date for the amanda tapping contest submissions...double groan...

And just generally feeling down :(

I used to call it Jack and Sam...until I came here...Jack/Sam's my preference.

Awww Sue are you that sick?

sg-1fanintn
September 4th, 2005, 04:09 PM
You take care, sueKay! Autumn will be here soon! And the next time you see that bus driver, just zat him!

As rabid a Sam and Jack shipper I am...I'd go with not seeing the wedding personally. The show isn't the Sam and Jack family hour after all...

That being said, I like the fact that the end of last season went our way...but let's face it, Sam's personal life was so front and center in Season 8...possibly too much for some. But she's no longer in that place...she's made her choice ;)... And now for Season 9, we see a more confident Sam ready to up the body count...who's no longer weighed down by the stress caused by her emotional shippy roller coaster.

So even though they're being more subtle about ship this season it's clear what they're doing. Joe even confirmed it by pointing to EDM when asked about the state of the ship.

So bring on Season 9. Bring on Kickbutt!Sam...and bring on a few Sam and Jack scenes for good measure FCOL... :cool:
Absolutely! What she said!

sg-1fanintn
September 4th, 2005, 04:56 PM
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y128/newsgoddess/resolution1.jpg

I apologize in advance to whoever created this lovely piece of Sam & Jack art. I was so new at GW when I copied it that I wasn't organizing my files well yet. But I thought this kinda went along with some of our discussion today.

sueKay
September 4th, 2005, 06:29 PM
Hmm...if the 'resolution' was televised...I wouldn't be able to watch it...

After all...I'm not 18 yet :P

Buc252
September 4th, 2005, 06:49 PM
Stephen King just wrote an article about 'Lost', but I think some of the ideas can apply to 'Stargate' too.
"But they all [the shows] also face a huge problem, a.k.a. the Prime Network Directive: Thou Shall Not Kill the Cash Cow. That directive is what made the last season of 'The X-Files' so ignominious. There was no real closure; minus the continuing pressence of David Duchoveny, 'X-Files' blundered off into a swamp of black oil, and in that swamp it died."

"When a meal is perfectly cooked, it's time to take it out of the oven. And when a story is perfectly told, it's time to fade to black."

He was writing about how much he likes 'Lost", but hopes the network won't beat it to death, either.

It won't let me 'green' you, so let me just say that I agree with you *and* him. XF should never have gone on without DD, and SG1 should never have gone on without RDA. Talk about history repeating itself - BAD HISTORY!!

Buc252
September 4th, 2005, 06:51 PM
I was wondering about that too Buc - I'm assuming that only the host was cloned so we have lots of Ba'al lookalikes (yum :D) but without the flashing eyes and the real Ba'al gets to hide amongst them . Although having not watched the ep yet, I don't know if I'm right ....

Ooh, another thing, do we get to hear - ya know, maybe I should just go visit the ep thread or contain my curiosity until I see it :p

I won't put the spoiler block on it, because I think it's more open "Goa'uld" information, but since the hosts that the Goa'uld system lords (or any Goa'uld) take are totally subverted, there's no telling if any host - Apophis, Ba'al, Yu, etc etc etc - was a good person or a bad. Because of this, I don't think they could have cloned just the host and *hoped* that he turned out to be obedient and wicked enough to stay in league with Ba'al.

Oops, needed the spoiler block anyway. <g>

Buc252
September 4th, 2005, 07:11 PM
As rabid a Sam and Jack shipper I am...I'd go with not seeing the wedding personally. The show isn't the Sam and Jack family hour after all...

That being said, I like the fact that the end of last season went our way...

No, it didn't. It didn't even resolve the ship on screen. Instead, it was vague, hinting here and there, but with not a bit of proof, nor a kiss. Don't forget that what we saw in the season finale was NOT REAL! It wasn't Sam, and it wasn't Jack.

but let's face it, Sam's personal life was so front and center in Season 8...possibly too much for some. But she's no longer in that place...she's made her choice ;)... And now for Season 9, we see a more confident Sam ready to up the body count...who's no longer weighed down by the stress caused by her emotional shippy roller coaster.

All I can say is, don't count your chickens before they've hatched. With all the extra characters, and AT coming into the show late, I have a feeling they're going to shaft the Sam fans in the same way that they've shafted the shippers.

So bring on Season 9. Bring on Kickbutt!Sam...

...and bring on a few Sam and Jack scenes for good measure FCOL...

But her comment in EDM only counts if *all* TPTB acknowledge it as such, not just JM. I want it to be the acknowledgment for which we've been waiting, but I'm not taking it for gospel until I see some confirmation from each and every PTB.

jafacakes
September 4th, 2005, 07:20 PM
BHK??

Bahookie!!!!

And before you adopt that as slang for Big honkin kiss...you should know it's another word for your butt!

Totaly off topic but ROTFL :D
One can never say this thread is not educational :)

jafacakes
September 4th, 2005, 07:44 PM
But her comment in EDM only counts if *all* TPTB acknowledge it as such, not just JM. I want it to be the acknowledgment for which we've been waiting, but I'm not taking it for gospel until I see some confirmation from each and every PTB.

I've just very quickly skimmed over the last couple of days of posts to get the gist of what's been going on, so sorry if I'm repeating someone.

First for me it's Sam and Jack but J/S don't know why just sounds better and it's easier on the eye I guess.

As for the ship resolution, I'm at the point that I really don't care anymore as long as the fact that they are together is irrefutable, without any room for interpretations, it is adressed on screen and becomes cannon.
I don't need to see a wedding, in fact would prefer not to, that's not what stargate is about imo, but after all the merry dance we've been subjected to a kiss is a must! :)

Lynn
September 4th, 2005, 07:46 PM
Hi all! Been on vacation for a week so I'm trying to catch up on all of the posts.

I agree with those who say they would like to see some kind of on-screen resolution that doesn't need to come out of a soap-opera. But I do want something more than we've been given to date.

However, I wonder what all of us fanfic writers will do once things are resolved. Will we still continue to make up our own outcomes?

In the meantime, it's fun trying and while away I managed to put up a few more chapters of my fic, Instant Message. http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2537204/1/

Just making stuff up that TPTB won't :-)

majorsal
September 4th, 2005, 07:54 PM

i would LOVE to see a wedding between them on the show! am i the only one? :S

i love *seeing* romance, and i can't think of a bigger romantic moment than watching two ppl that have longed for one another for 9 years finally making the biggest commitment of their lives...

*cue wedding march*

dearly beloved, we are gathered here to celebrate the union of samantha elisabeth carter to jonathan charles o'neill....

*sighs dreamily*

sally :D

majorsal
September 4th, 2005, 08:00 PM

i could live with that. ;)

BUT, i still want to *see* their first kiss. their first 'time'. their first everything. if they get/got married off screen, i want to see some photos or FLASHBACKS to it happening. i've waited 9 years to see them together. really, truly together, with all the bells and whistles.

Buc252
September 4th, 2005, 08:05 PM

i love *seeing* romance, and i can't think of a bigger romantic moment than watching two ppl that have longed for one another for 9 years finally making the biggest commitment of their lives...

*cue wedding march*

dearly beloved, we are gathered here to celebrate the union of samantha elisabeth carter to jonathan charles o'neill....

*sighs dreamily*

I'd *like* to see a wedding, but I wouldn't require it. Just so we see that they're 100% committed and either married or on their way there, I'd be content enough to watch. And that at *least* includes an on-screen liplock.

sg-1fanintn
September 4th, 2005, 08:16 PM
Totaly off topic but ROTFL :D
One can never say this thread is not educational :)

There you go! I like that positive attitude! Educational. Yes, we're learning slang from all over the world, FCOL!!!

Tee-hee!

sg-1fanintn
September 4th, 2005, 08:24 PM
i could live with that. ;)

BUT, i still want to *see* their first kiss. their first 'time'. their first everything. if they get/got married off screen, i want to see some photos or FLASHBACKS to it happening. i've waited 9 years to see them together. really, truly together, with all the bells and whistles.

Oh, Sally, you're making me blush! But I could be a happy fly on the wall.

After all the merry dance we've been subjected to a kiss is a must! :)

Abso-posi-frallin-lutely!!!!!

I'd *like* to see a wedding, but I wouldn't require it. Just so we see that they're 100% committed and either married or on their way there, I'd be content enough to watch. And that at *least* includes an on-screen liplock.

Also abso-posi-frallin-lutely!!!!!

Uber
September 4th, 2005, 08:43 PM
BHK??

Bahookie!!!!

And before you adopt that as slang for Big honkin kiss...you should know it's another word for your butt!It's a shame there's that cultural clash there...but I've been using BHK for forever...so I'll just have to live with the fact that it might be misinterpreted in some parts of the world.

Okay folks...here's my shameless pitch moment.

If you haven't seen my video (and if not, why not???), please see it. I tweaked it a little this morning so that the "camera" zooms in on Teal'c as he's reading the Amanda tabloid and then later when Jolinar whacks Jack across the head, I set it so it matches the beat of the song better...

Oh, and then when the voting option becomes available, you know, VOTE FOR ME.

http://www.uberamandafan.com

/shameless pitch

sg-1fanintn
September 4th, 2005, 08:59 PM
Just because......

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y128/newsgoddess/Avatar2017.jpg

nell
September 4th, 2005, 09:46 PM
Hi Shipper Friends!!!

Is it me or is it downright impossible to post reliably on GW tonight? I got the sudden urge to write a wee, little Sam and Jack story to respond to the recent posts about possible resolution. I actually started a post and it froze to the spot. I quickly clicked on Word and rewrote it before GW crashed on me. Well, I'll post on Fanfic later and let you know when you can, um, read it!!! ;)

sg-1fanintn
September 4th, 2005, 09:54 PM
It's been working perfectly lovely all day.....but when I came home after dinner (9p Central or so), it suddenly had gotten stubborn again. Now, all I can get to work is Quick Reply.

Gatetrixer
September 4th, 2005, 09:56 PM
While I wouldn't have to see a wedding I would like a way to confirm that they on their way to something permanent. At the least I'd settle for a kiss. But why do those dreaded two words "soap opera" have to come up everytime "wedding" is discussed or even love or romance? Soap operas started on radio in the 1930's. Love and romance were in movies from their beginning, yes, even in sci-fi and that was long before soap operas started, unless so called "melodramas" are considered soap opera forerunners. Maybe we should call Ryac's wedding soap opera. Sorry, but I vent when those two words are brought up.

nell
September 4th, 2005, 09:58 PM
Well, I feel better hearing that because I was worried that some virus had commandered my laptop!!! I hope I don't have trouble uploading on Fanfic!

sg-1fanintn
September 4th, 2005, 10:00 PM
Is that a hint, Nell? Are you getting ready to send us some new reading? I hope so!

sg-1fanintn
September 4th, 2005, 10:01 PM
Wow! This is post #12,000 for our thread!

Gatetrixer
September 4th, 2005, 10:05 PM
Phew! Iíve caught up on the last 10 pages and here are some of my thoughts.

What do I call the ship? I prefer to say Sam and Jack but will say Jack and Sam at times. I will never morph them together! Thatís just weird! The closest Iíll come to morphing is Sam/Jack or Jack/Sam or S/J. (For some reason I donít use J/S. Hmm, wonder why?)

End the show with resolved Sam/Jack or keep the show going with little shippy hints? I would be happy if they directly acknowledge the ship at the end of season 9 and then keep the show going without any Sam/Jack ship after that. Oh, that wasnít a choice? Okay, then end the show with season 9 with a Sam and Jack resolution worthy of our respect. I donít want them to continue to write shows with Sam/Jack UST because they donít know how to write it anymore. So I would prefer it if they would just stop. I will still watch the show without S/J ship. Well, I will if they actually start to use the Stargate more and the Prometheus less and make a quick end of the Ori story. But thatís just my feelings and Iím only one teeny, insignificant fan.

I am one that would not want a wedding on the show. I would rather it just be mentioned, either directly or indirectly. I prefer the show to not be so tight with the personal lives of the characters. I like to keep it professional with a few personal tidbits. Thatís how the first four seasons went and thatís what hooked me into the show. But that doesnít mean I would be opposed to having a nice snuggly hug and kiss!

I started to watch the Friday marathon and when they got to the scene on the ship and they cut it, I got livid. I turned the television off. Iím really starting to hate the SciFi channel. They are already screwing up the promos by showing key scenes. Ē The bomb isnít in the building. The bomb is the building.Ē Knowing that from the promo just completely deflated the effect of that whole sequence. Is SciFi trying to drive away the viewers?

In that picture from Threads (or is that from Moebius?) with Sam and Jack on the pier. I canít help but notice the negative body language. Their legs are crossed away from each other and Sam is even slightly turned away from Jack. I know the PTBs are deep into visual references, so I canít believe this is unintentional, but am I being too critical? Maybe I wouldnít think so if Jack would have put his hand on Samís arm when he said, ďI told ya!Ē I donít need tons of soppy mushy love stuff, but just a little teeny confirmation every now and then would be nice. And now I just made myself nuts wondering if there is a difference between the two scenes! And I have to wait until October when I get the s8 DVDs so I can check this out.

Last but certainly not least: ‹berSG-1Fan, WooHoo ! Your video is absolutely T-rific! (And you have my favorite Sam/Maybourne scene in it!)

Well, they are supposedly fishing and I venture to say they should be turned even more away from each other in order to make decent casts without having their respective lines tangle up. Maybe that's all their body language represents. But I agree, it would have been nice to have a little physical show.

nell
September 4th, 2005, 10:36 PM
OK, shameless self-promotion time!!!! I just uploaded a short, sweet, Sam and Jack romance/humor piece on GW Fanfic titled, "What Say We Head Home?" If I tell you anymore, it will be more words than the story itself!!! Hee, hee!! ;)

http://www.gateworld.net/fanfic/archive/39/whatsay.html

I hope this links you to my story! :D

majorsal
September 4th, 2005, 11:11 PM
While I wouldn't have to see a wedding I would like a way to confirm that they on their way to something permanent. At the least I'd settle for a kiss. But why do those dreaded two words "soap opera" have to come up everytime "wedding" is discussed or even love or romance? Soap operas started on radio in the 1930's. Love and romance were in movies from their beginning, yes, even in sci-fi and that was long before soap operas started, unless so called "melodramas" are considered soap opera forerunners. Maybe we should call Ryac's wedding soap opera. Sorry, but I vent when those two words are brought up.

i feel the same way. i used to watch soaps years ago, but stopped when i graduated. but i also feel frustrated when someone talks about normal-life things (like getting married and such) and makes it sound disgraceful and/or boringly pathetic. i know that's not what others are saying here, but i didn't find ryac's wedding melodramatic and i know sam and jack's wouldn't be either. behind this, i really do understand what ppl are scared of, but i wish soaps would stop getting the bumbs rap because i feel behind them, they're just pieces of true life.

also, i don't 'need' to see their wedding, i'd like like to.

sally :)

sg-1fanintn
September 4th, 2005, 11:33 PM
OK, shameless self-promotion time!!!! I just uploaded a short, sweet, Sam and Jack romance/humor piece on GW Fanfic titled, "What Say We Head Home?" If I tell you anymore, it will be more words than the story itself!!! Hee, hee!!

I hope this links you to my story!

Nell, I just read it.....and this is a scenario I could see happening. As Jack would say, "Sweet!"

Equinox
September 4th, 2005, 11:44 PM

*cue wedding march*

*sighs dreamily*

LOL Awww Just realised they all ready have pictures of them being married :p Just look at my Sig Banner! lol That's all I need... just for them to one day do make it in this reality... but I'd prefer a BHK any Day!!!!

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2423983/1/

Thought I'd share with you my little fic.... :)
Reading Instant Message now shhhh :p Okey, read it! Great stuff! Continue soon. Reading "What Say We Head Home?" - Ha! Cute! Damn, I wish I was Sam :P

sacme
September 4th, 2005, 11:50 PM
All I can say is, don't count your chickens before they've hatched. With all the extra characters, and AT coming into the show late, I have a feeling they're going to shaft the Sam fans in the same way that they've shafted the shippers.

http://bestsmileys.com/angry2/6.gif I still can't believe she gets second billing behind Browder. That is just wrong on every level. I don't care if her role is reduced because she's a new mother-- 8 years on the show should count for something. RDA still got first billing when he cut back his involvement. It seems so sexist. [/soapbox]

http://bestsmileys.com/angry2/10.gifEx Deus Machina I glad some of you could get something out of Sam's line, but this shipper thought it was a smack in the face and I was really p!$$#/. I haven't been watching 9 seasons of Stargate to hear "not exactly." What a f****** bullship tease. I hate being played. I hate TPTB. And I hate that this is still an issue. http://bestsmileys.com/angry1/7.gif

ship sistah

Lya
September 5th, 2005, 12:47 AM
oh yeah a wedding with jack and sam ... i hope we all can see in stargate this wedding^^.

(hope my english is ok for you . i must more learn^^)

i have found a wonderful size with many pictures from sam and jack here is one of this pics

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a18/Lya20/z.jpg

Equinox
September 5th, 2005, 01:17 AM
WOW! huge Pic! your english is just fine :) Thanks!

oh oh Speekin of pictures.... and art... and Sam and Jack I made this...
well, at the moment it's Teal'c and Jack... I'm still making Daniel and Sam... lol

http://storage.msn.com/x1pi9AUjD9T4AWZRmJFChP_xQgJvq2NDJo_UCbmWIrFScMGgWYN4VNhBYKCrzJq-DIcQ2im6HOE6t4oKPsaBFZUNj9R7Dy7_rMy8-BRLQhQKces0ajf6WZhXvHu6oYgVog-UELwHnebgSm8IkBdouguow

http://storage.msn.com/x1pi9AUjD9T4AWZRmJFChP_xQgJvq2NDJo_UCbmWIrFScMw8ATORdZPuAclUTwPSDuulGlezHaJl21yO UhOrlC8NjO41Bxj2we-7l8SwYtITBWCc7fQWReebjCeYQ2YrjN_WzW4dKdTcqZAossF23uEMA

http://storage.msn.com/x1pi9AUjD9T4AWZRmJFChP_xQgJvq2NDJo_UCbmWIrFScN6codJZYvHpgUVOYyrsQe0gV79412AjpsKs pEGCcAIlGa4xm0uvqqb0IPRbubo8ZjFjRWcU3Hc9cixJe1GtX6qUTELtVHbi_dDYXEZpha1iw

Yeah... lol it's evolving into a story... Sam and Jack story of corse :P

Catysg1
September 5th, 2005, 03:04 AM
http://bestsmileys.com/angry2/6.gif I still can't believe she gets second billing behind Browder. That is just wrong on every level. I don't care if her role is reduced because she's a new mother-- 8 years on the show should count for something. RDA still got first billing when he cut back his involvement. It seems so sexist. [/soapbox]

http://bestsmileys.com/angry2/10.gifEx Deus Machina I glad some of you could get something out of Sam's line, but this shipper thought it was a smack in the face and I was really p!$$#/. I haven't been watching 9 seasons of Stargate to hear "not exactly." What a f****** bullship tease. I hate being played. I hate TPTB. And I hate that this is still an issue. http://bestsmileys.com/angry1/7.gif

ship sistah

((((shipsistah )))

Hold my hand because I think exactly the same as you . The Sam and Jack ship has become a joke for TPTB . They are just happy to throw a crumb every there and then for the shippers to bite on it but you can just see that they don't give a damn about it . Now they are careful though because they know that shippers will not buy the DVD's if they don't get a crumb ..so obliged , they throw one from time to time to keep the memento and the desesperate shippers :(
I think the ship is now awful just because TPTB refused to settle it properly in season 8 and I just could see it coming .Without Jack around I guessed they would take the opportunity to just forget about it and drop a crumb on the floor to be picked up by us :( Sad ..so so sad :(

Caty :)

Equinox
September 5th, 2005, 03:31 AM
((((shipsistah )))

Hold my hand because I think exactly the same as you . The Sam and Jack ship has become a joke for TPTB . They are just happy to throw a crumb every there and then for the shippers to bite on it but you can just see that they don't give a damn about it . Now they are careful though because they know that shippers will not buy the DVD's if they don't get a crumb ..so obliged , they throw one from time to time to keep the memento and the desesperate shippers :(
I think the ship is now awful just because TPTB refused to settle it properly in season 8 and I just could see it coming .Without Jack around I guessed they would take the opportunity to just forget about it and drop a crumb on the floor to be picked up by us :( Sad ..so so sad :(

Caty :)

That is sad! I don't want crumbs, I don't want one cookie, I WANT THE WHOLE PLATE! :(

gate_girl12
September 5th, 2005, 03:53 AM
Hello Shippers

I'm afraid I'd have to disagree with an on-screen wedding. I'd prefer to see them watching the wedding video the day or two after. I just don't see Jack and Sam doing to the whole white dress-flowers-big ceremony deal. I could see them either at the registry office or Justice of the Peace, or a nice little garden ceremony attended by their very very close friends. And instead of a huge reception, a little BBQ at their new home with Daniel, Teal'c, Hammond, Cassie and maybe Bray'tac and Thor with beers and hotdogs :) That's just my opinion anyway.

Watched Message in a bottle again. Love the whole hand holding scene. Good stuff.

Please Please Please vote for my pic in the amanda tapping contest

Rogue
September 5th, 2005, 06:02 AM

ship sistah

((ship sistah))
I know how you feel. They give us bits and pieces to keep us watching. They had a chance to end it properly in Season 8 then move on. They claimed that it would be resolved at the end of 8. But they are still playing games with us. They didn't even care enough to tell us where Jack was going! If they keep dragging this out, people will stop caring. There are alot of people out there that are bored with the Sam and Jack relationship. They were shippers at one time, but got tired of waiting.

So far Season 9 has been so-so for me. What I would give to see a good old SG-1/Jaffa fight right now. I find the Ori boring.

I was shocked to see that Sci-fi had cut the Sam/Jack ship scene in Lost City. I guess they needed extra time to show the Male Enhancement commerical. And I am with UHSIR, SCI-FI channel stop giving the show away when showing the promos.

trupi
September 5th, 2005, 06:08 AM
OK, shameless self-promotion time!!!! I just uploaded a short, sweet, Sam and Jack romance/humor piece on GW Fanfic titled, "What Say We Head Home?" If I tell you anymore, it will be more words than the story itself!!! Hee, hee!! ;)

Really cute! Short and to the point-ding,ding, ding-They're Married! :D

nell
September 5th, 2005, 06:19 AM
Really cute! Short and to the point-ding,ding, ding-They're Married! :D

Thanks!!

Yep, the thing about fantasies, my fantasies, is that they can be anything I want them to be! Too bad a perfectly great fantasy called Stargate SG-1 by TPTB is not quite up to our Shipper's collective level of Romance/Humor/Action/RST and Ya Know.....BHK!!! Hee, hee!!

Nell, I just read it.....and this is a scenario I could see happening. As Jack would say, "Sweet!"

Thanks, honey!!!

nell
September 5th, 2005, 06:32 AM
equinox, Clever!! Keep going!! Can't wait to see Sam and Daniel!! ;)

trupi
September 5th, 2005, 06:48 AM
equinox, Clever!! Keep going!! Can't wait to see Sam and Daniel!! ;)
They are hilarious! The heck with TPTB we can have our own SG-1 series with Equinox's dough figuerines. We can call it "SG-1- The True Stories- stories TPTB doesn't want us to see and who keep pulling our chains to milk more money out of us!" ( a little rant) :D

Hulabaloo
September 5th, 2005, 06:53 AM

Read it, Loved it!

Nikki
September 5th, 2005, 08:16 AM
Hi everyone, i know this is kinda off-topic but what are jack and sam's middle names?
While i was reading a few fanfics i've come across so many eg. scott and charles for jack and jean and elizabeth for sam, have the writers ever told us what their actual middle names are?

And on the topic of whether i'd like to see a wedding or not, my answer would be no. As most people have said, i 'd just like to see a bhk at the end of season 9. That would be the best ending (for any shipper!) because then you can leave the rest up to your imagination, like a wedding and kids etc. :)

scjon
September 5th, 2005, 08:17 AM

Great story Nell. Loved it. Should be required reading for TPTB.

scjon
September 5th, 2005, 08:19 AM
Hi everyone, i know this is kinda off-topic but what are jack and sam's middle names?
While i was reading a few fanfics i've come across so many eg. scott and charles for jack and jean and elizabeth for sam, have the writers ever told us what their actual middle names are?

And on the topic of whether i'd like to see a wedding or not, my answer would be no. As most people have said, i 'd just like to see a bhk at the end of season 9. That would be the best ending (for any shipper!) because then you can leave the rest up to your imagination, like a wedding and kids etc. :)
To the best of my knowledge, we've never been told what their middle names are.

galaxy
September 5th, 2005, 08:44 AM

According to his ID, Jack's middle name begins with a "J".
Sam doesn't seem to have one, at least it's not in her file. :S

UhSir
September 5th, 2005, 08:52 AM
Don't they just look great together?
http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a9/UhSir/samandjack/Sam-Jack-perfect.jpg

galaxy
September 5th, 2005, 08:53 AM

well, at the moment it's Teal'c and Jack... I'm still making Daniel and Sam... lol

http://storage.msn.com/x1pi9AUjD9T4AWZRmJFChP_xQgJvq2NDJo_UCbmWIrFScMGgWYN4VNhBYKCrzJq-DIcQ2im6HOE6t4oKPsaBFZUNj9R7Dy7_rMy8-BRLQhQKces0ajf6WZhXvHu6oYgVog-UELwHnebgSm8IkBdouguow

http://storage.msn.com/x1pi9AUjD9T4AWZRmJFChP_xQgJvq2NDJo_UCbmWIrFScMw8ATORdZPuAclUTwPSDuulGlezHaJl21yO UhOrlC8NjO41Bxj2we-7l8SwYtITBWCc7fQWReebjCeYQ2YrjN_WzW4dKdTcqZAossF23uEMA

http://storage.msn.com/x1pi9AUjD9T4AWZRmJFChP_xQgJvq2NDJo_UCbmWIrFScN6codJZYvHpgUVOYyrsQe0gV79412AjpsKs pEGCcAIlGa4xm0uvqqb0IPRbubo8ZjFjRWcU3Hc9cixJe1GtX6qUTELtVHbi_dDYXEZpha1iw

ROFLMAO :p
How cute!!!!!!!!
What are they made of?
Can't wait to see the rest of the story! :D :D :D

sclairef99
September 5th, 2005, 08:57 AM

Nice Fic!!!! Very fun!!! Thanks Nell
S

dipsofjazz
September 5th, 2005, 10:44 AM
:D Hi chums. I'm just bringing the thread back onto page one. :eek:
To keep on topic, I personally don't need to see a wedding, but I do need to know that they are together. I also want my Big Honkin' Kiss! :p

sueKay
September 5th, 2005, 11:02 AM
Aloha!

Taking a break from my site overhaul to do more work on the shipper site...

So off to the archive I go!!!!!

Lynn, Uber, Nell and Equinox - I've got a note of your web/fic links...they'll be added later!

galaxy
September 5th, 2005, 11:08 AM
samandjacksamandjacksamandjacksamandjacksamandjacksamandjacksam
andjacksamandjacksamandjacksamandjacksamandjacksamandjacksamand
jacksamandjacksamandjacksamandjacksamandjacksamandjacksamandjac
csamandjacksamandjacksamandjacksamandjacksamandjacksamandjacksa
mandjacksamandjaksamandjacksamandjacksamandjacksamaandjacksaman
djacksamandjacksamandjacksamandjacksamandjacksamandjacksamandja
cksamandjacksamandjacksamandjacksamandjacksamandjacksamandjacks
amandjacksamandjacksamandjacksamandjacksamandjacksamandjacksam
ksamandjacksamandjacksamandjacksamandjacksamandjacksamandjacksa
mandjacksamandjacksamandjacksamandjacksamandjacksamandjacksaman
acksamandjacksamandjacksamandjacksamandjacksamandjacksamandjack

I was bored.... :p

Cathain Nottingham
September 5th, 2005, 11:50 AM

That's so great!

galaxy
September 5th, 2005, 12:37 PM

I totally agree. They look great together!
They're the perfect height for each other. :)

UhSir
September 5th, 2005, 12:51 PM
I'm currently on my third time watching the season DVDs in order (in the middle of s5 now) and something occurred to me during s4 about Sam and Jack. Now I have a reason to watch the seasons for a fourth time!

I started wondering if they always have matching sunglasses!

I'm nuts, I already know that.

nell
September 5th, 2005, 12:54 PM

galaxy, Squee-able!!!! nell;)

sueKay
September 5th, 2005, 12:55 PM
UhSir - LMAO!!!!!!!!

actually...I did that once...I think in WoO they do...but of course...it's best to watch it again to be sure!

BTW - I've watched Window of Opportunity a total of 16 times!!!!!

Somnium
September 5th, 2005, 01:05 PM

I love this, sorry but anything S&J is great :D

Nell great fic, simple but effective ;)

smea
September 5th, 2005, 01:15 PM
I dont think I have much to say today... a bit OT but i started back at school today...
Im in Yr11 now... GCSEs this year.. And they start it by making me stressed and talking about the exams and colleges and all things :( **needs SG for comfort**

Oh.. and Ive been looking through the last pages.. hm. :D :D :D Made me feel better!

How cute!! I want them! Cant wait to see how it ends... :p btw.. you made them?? :eek: Cleverness!!

:D LOVES it..

cafine_us
September 5th, 2005, 02:23 PM
To bring us back to page 1:

That's so cute!

ST-1
September 5th, 2005, 02:28 PM
According to his ID, Jack's middle name begins with a "J".

Well, if he's borrowing from The Simpsons (as in Homer J. Simpson), the J. stands for Jay! :D

Or, how ironic (and shippy) would it be if it were Jacob? ;) Jonah? :P

Equinox, I am ROTFLMAO at your clay story! It's priceless! :D OH, and you have a Betta...are they not the coolest little fishies ever? :)

cafine_us
September 5th, 2005, 02:29 PM
Or maybe he uses Jonathon as his middle name, since isn't that his legal first name? I don't really like Jack Jacob though... it's too sing-songy.

AncientKnowledge
September 5th, 2005, 02:39 PM

That kicks some total A$$!!!! :D

AncientKnowledge
September 5th, 2005, 02:44 PM

ROTFL..... :D Thats great! Nice job! :D

AncientKnowledge
September 5th, 2005, 02:47 PM

I love this picture! They are soooo great together! :D

sueKay
September 5th, 2005, 02:53 PM
AK - LOVE the quote in your siggy!!!!!

Re: Jack's name

In fics, I use Jonathan 'Jack' James...and when I'm having a laugh...

Jonathan 'Jack' James Iain Andrew O'Neill - since folks in this part of the world (The British Isles) have a penchant for long names!

SNY
September 5th, 2005, 02:54 PM
Hey! New vid! :D

I'm very proud about it because behind it has a hard and difficult work editing... I don't know if I can call it a music vid, because it's more like a small summary about the episode and have a lot of my opinion about what I think it's important and what the episode wants to tell us... I have a lot doubts too about this vid because it's not like a normal music vid and I'm just worried with the idea of people hating it...

But this vid is special. My "Grace Tribute" is a personal project. I wanted to make it with this style and with this soundtrack for a very long time and I love it!

HIDDEN TRUTH - GRACE TRIBUTE (Carter - Shipper)

http://www.snyart.com/vids/img/grace.jpg

- High Quality (34.4 MB) - (http://www.snyart.com/vids/grace_tribute_high.zip)

- Low Quality (14.1 MB) - (http://www.snyart.com/vids/grace_tribute_low.zip)

Music: Solaris Soundtrack
Spoilers: Grace (Season 7)
Length: 4:52

Enjoy!

SNY ^__^ ;)

AncientKnowledge
September 5th, 2005, 02:59 PM
AK - LOVE the quote in your siggy!!!!!

Re: Jack's name

In fics, I use Jonathan 'Jack' James...and when I'm having a laugh...

Jonathan 'Jack' James Iain Andrew O'Neill - since folks in this part of the world (The British Isles) have a penchant for long names!

Thanks.... :D !!!!!.....Jonathan 'Jack' James Iain Andrew O'Neill......lol :D :D Thats to funny....

AncientKnowledge
September 5th, 2005, 03:08 PM

I'm very proud about it because behind it has a hard and difficult work editing... I don't know if I can call it a music vid, because it's more like a small summary about the episode and have a lot of my opinion about what I think it's important and what the episode wants to tell us... I have a lot doubts too about this vid because it's not like a normal music vid and I'm just worried with the idea of people hating it...

But this vid is special. My "Grace Tribute" is a personal project. I wanted to make it with this style and with this soundtrack for a very long time and I love it!

Enjoy!

SNY ^__^ ;)

I just watched it!!!!!! Its sooooo good! You did a wonderful job! :D

UhSir
September 5th, 2005, 03:11 PM

[CENTER]HIDDEN TRUTH - GRACE TRIBUTE (Carter - Shipper)

Enjoy!

Oh wow, I did enjoy it. Very good! Very, very good!

sueKay
September 5th, 2005, 03:33 PM
((((((((((((SNY))))))))))))

Good to see you!!!!!

I'll watch your vid later...comp's acting up something chronic.

Somnium
September 5th, 2005, 03:37 PM

Enjoy!

SNY ^__^ ;)

Fantastic as always :D

trupi
September 5th, 2005, 03:38 PM

Enjoy!

SNY ^__^ ;)
Lovely! Great job!

Somnium
September 5th, 2005, 04:00 PM
FYI...

Just got an email to say that The Cost of Honour was delayed but will begin shipping on 8th September :D Yipeee! Can't wait :D

dipsofjazz
September 5th, 2005, 04:01 PM
FYI...

Just got an email to say that The Cost of Honour was delayed but will begin shipping on 8th September :D Yipeee! Can't wait :D
:D Woohoo! Great news. Thanks for posting it.

florence
September 5th, 2005, 04:12 PM
FYI...

Thanks ! I was getting a bit worried to have no news about it... And when I was going on Amazon.fr, it was saying "Unavailable" :S

LOL4JACK
September 5th, 2005, 04:14 PM

WOW.... Leave for a couple of days and our shippers are more creative than ever, I had to quote this message again... lovely! ((((((Galaxy))))))

OK, shameless self-promotion time!!!! I just uploaded a short, sweet, Sam and Jack romance/humor piece on GW Fanfic titled, "What Say We Head Home?" If I tell you anymore, it will be more words than the story itself!!! Hee, hee!!

((((((Nell))))) You are a fic writer!!!! 2nd time you suprise me :p

You and I are definitely easy :D *peeks* around and wonders where mad gater is :p no sign of him... keeps posting :p we know they are sooooo together :p

L4J wonders if Nell is preparing anything for the mid season break to keep our shippy hearts happy :p

Welcome also to ALL NEW SHIPPERS and CONGRATULATIONS to all that have reached a milestone, sorry that I've been away for so long from my shipper family :(

LOL4JACK
September 5th, 2005, 04:44 PM
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y219/cmb1009/Sam.bmp
Jack, it's been more than 30min without a post!

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y219/cmb1009/su3.jpg
Shippers got tired of us?

sg-1fanintn
September 5th, 2005, 04:46 PM

ship sistah
I donít think it has anything to do with being a new mother or taking maternity leave. Iíve gotten the impression that TPTB just didnít think she could carry the show as the ďheadlineĒ name. Thatís why they felt they needed a ďbiggerĒ name (i.e., BB) at the top. Silly sexism, isnít it?

Hello Shippers

I just don't see Jack and Sam doing to the whole white dress-flowers-big ceremony deal. I could see them either at the registry office or Justice of the Peace, or a nice little garden ceremony attended by their very very close friends. And instead of a huge reception, a little BBQ at their new home with Daniel, Teal'c, Hammond, Cassie and maybe Bray'tac and Thor with beers and hotdogs :) That's just my opinion anyway.
Oh, yes, a small garden ceremony with close friends. Thatís exactly what theyíd doÖ..unless they elope! They might also do that!

I started wondering if they always have matching sunglasses! I'm nuts, I already know that.
UhÖ..you WILL let us know, wonít you? Now that youíve mentioned it, I want to know too!

Galaxy, love your S/J art!
Equinox, love your clay figures!

Somnium
September 5th, 2005, 05:04 PM
Hi all! Been on vacation for a week so I'm trying to catch up on all of the posts.

I agree with those who say they would like to see some kind of on-screen resolution that doesn't need to come out of a soap-opera. But I do want something more than we've been given to date.

However, I wonder what all of us fanfic writers will do once things are resolved. Will we still continue to make up our own outcomes?

In the meantime, it's fun trying and while away I managed to put up a few more chapters of my fic, Instant Message. http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2537204/1/

Just making stuff up that TPTB won't :-)

(((((Lynn)))) Im really loving this fic, please write more soon.

sueKay
September 5th, 2005, 05:07 PM
(((((((((((((LOL4JACK)))))))))))))))))

How are you?

Cathain Nottingham
September 5th, 2005, 05:14 PM
Re: Jack's Name

I've always used Jonathan Scott O'Neill when using his full name. For Sam I've always used Samantha Elizabeth Carter.

sg-1fanintn
September 5th, 2005, 05:19 PM

How are you?

sueKay.....how are you? No more fainting spells, I hope? Has the weather gotten any cooler there?

LOL4JACK & WhatFateAlmondRoca.....tried to PM you both back, but apparently I'm not allowed to do that today (Ok, GW just isn't accepting my PM posts). I'll try again tomorrow.

LadyJeep
September 5th, 2005, 05:31 PM
Hello Shippers

I'm afraid I'd have to disagree with an on-screen wedding. I'd prefer to see them watching the wedding video the day or two after. I just don't see Jack and Sam doing to the whole white dress-flowers-big ceremony deal. I could see them either at the registry office or Justice of the Peace, or a nice little garden ceremony attended by their very very close friends. And instead of a huge reception, a little BBQ at their new home with Daniel, Teal'c, Hammond, Cassie and maybe Bray'tac and Thor with beers and hotdogs :) That's just my opinion anyway.

gg12,

I love this idea. I think you should be the wedding planner for Jack and Sam. This idea is so them. Only their closest family and friends would attend. It's great. :p

LOL4JACK
September 5th, 2005, 05:40 PM
http://www.world-of-smilies.com/html/images/smilies/party/balloons.gif SG-1 Fanintn Congrats on your 1100 post!!!!!!!http://www.world-of-smilies.com/html/images/smilies/party/balloons.gif

http://yelims2.free.fr/Fete/Danseuse01.gifWohooo... going wildhttp://yelims2.free.fr/Fete/Danseuse01.gif

How are you?

(((((SueKay)))) I'm fine thanks :p my back, much, much, much better... have a life again :D but RL is sooooo much right now :( I'm between jobs inside the same company and both of my bosses need 100% of me :( don't have time for much ship :( but I keep reading... :p

nell
September 5th, 2005, 05:55 PM
http://www.world-of-smilies.com/html/images/smilies/party/balloons.gif SG-1 Fanintn Congrats on your 1100 post!!!!!!!http://www.world-of-smilies.com/html/images/smilies/party/balloons.gif

http://yelims2.free.fr/Fete/Danseuse01.gifWohooo... going wildhttp://yelims2.free.fr/Fete/Danseuse01.gif

(((LOL4JACK))) I had to borrow your smilie guys to wish sg1-fanintn
1100 BIG HONKIN' POSTS

LadyJeep
September 5th, 2005, 06:05 PM

Nell, Absolutely loved this. Short, sweet and perfect! :p

LadyJeep
September 5th, 2005, 06:08 PM
sg1-fanintn congrats on 1100 posts!

sg-1fanintn
September 5th, 2005, 06:12 PM
Thanks for noticing, LOL4JACK, nell and Lady Jeep!

LOL4JACK, I just noticed. Your profile now says you live "in a small town between Philly and NYC." Does that mean you're in......(gasp) Pine Valley?

Tee-hee! I watched All My Children for years!

LOL4JACK
September 5th, 2005, 06:19 PM
Thanks for noticing, LOL4JACK, nell and Lady Jeep!

LOL4JACK, I just noticed. Your profile now says you live "in a small town between Philly and NYC." Does that mean you're in......(gasp) Pine Valley?

Tee-hee! I watched All My Children for years!
sg-1fanintn.... ROFL.... I just updated my profile :p

I live in a small town called Horsham, PA it's 45 min North of Philly and 1hr 15min south of NYC :p almost in a straight line... I just checked where Pine Valley is and it's 363 miles NW from where I live... it will take me 6hr and 30 min to get there :D but for you I could try and get pics :p

sueKay
September 5th, 2005, 06:22 PM
Re: Names - I use Samantha Jean Carter after one of my fave fic authors used it...name escapes me at the moment.

sg-1fanintn
September 5th, 2005, 06:24 PM

I live in a small town called Horsham, PA it's 45 min North of Philly and 1hr 15min south of NYC :p almost in a straight line... I just checked where Pine Valley is and it's 363 miles NW from where I live... it will take me 6hr and 30 min to get there :D but for you I could try and get pics :p

Well, spank me, Rosie, I didn't even know Pine Valley was a real place! I thought it was fictional!

Lynn
September 5th, 2005, 06:27 PM

Nell - I really liked this. It brought a smile to my face which is pretty hard this evening since I think I have the Measles!!!! Now normally this wouldn't be such a big deal except I'm in my early thirties with 2 little girls who hopefully won't catch it from me!!!!!

So I'm having an evening of fanfic and SG-1. Watched Broca divide earlier (what is with the Jack/Janet hand/face touch thing in the cell?).

BTW - Sue Kay thanks for posting the links of ff on your site :-)

trupi
September 5th, 2005, 06:38 PM
Nell - I really liked this. It brought a smile to my face which is pretty hard this evening since I think I have the Measles!!!! Now normally this wouldn't be such a big deal except I'm in my early thirties with 2 little girls who hopefully won't catch it from me!!!!!

So I'm having an evening of fanfic and SG-1. Watched Broca divide earlier (what is with the Jack/Janet hand/face touch thing in the cell?).

Lynn -MEASLES- where in he-- did you get measles--please PM me.

cafine_us
September 5th, 2005, 06:39 PM

Horsham, I know it. I'm 30 min east of Philly in Villanova. Some people know it for the college basketball.

nell
September 5th, 2005, 06:43 PM

Oy, Lynn, not measles!!! Ugh!! OK, follow your doctor's orders or BIG HONKIN' NEEDLES for you!!! Seriously, if your little darlings had their MMR (Mumps, Measles, Rubella) innoculations, they shouldn't!! So, take care of yourself, please!!
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y209/cilljill/Abyssjack14.jpg
Jack: Lynn, you heard nell!!! Rest, read, relax!!! Think Shippy thoughts!! Don't make me come there and watch over you!!
nell: Um, Jack, you just gave Lynn an idea!!
Jack: What? Me? No!!! Really?? OK, Lynn, this is a PG thread here!!! For crying out loud I can't leave the Pentagon. Get well soon!! :cool:
**Shimmering Star, thanks for the cap**

LOL4JACK
September 5th, 2005, 06:50 PM

(((((Lynn))))) I can't believe your bad luck!... please take care of yourself :p rest, lot of rest...

Horsham, I know it. I'm 30 min east of Philly in Villanova. Some people know it for the college basketball.

I know Villanova a friend of mine used to live in Wynnwood (oops, forgot how to write it...) :o Sugarshaker is also from the area... we should try to get together some time :p

nell
September 5th, 2005, 06:52 PM
Thanks to all who have sent me kind words about my little story, What Say We Go Home? **Ahem, that's the title for those who have yet to read it** :p I tried PMing some of you to say so personally but FCOL your mailboxes are full!! :rolleyes: And the darn GW posting is unreliable *whines* :o So, thanks again!!! ;) :D

Lynn
September 5th, 2005, 06:53 PM
Oy, Lynn, not measles!!! Ugh!! OK, follow your doctor's orders or BIG HONKIN' NEEDLES for you!!! Seriously, if your little darlings had their MMR (Mumps, Measles, Rubella) innoculations, they shouldn't!! So, take care of yourself, please!!
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y209/cilljill/Abyssjack14.jpg
Jack: Lynn, you heard nell!!! Rest, read, relax!!! Think Shippy thoughts!! Don't make me come there and watch over you!!
nell: Um, Jack, you just gave Lynn an idea!!
Jack: What? Me? No!!! Really?? OK, Lynn, this is a PG thread here!!! For crying out loud I can't leave the Pentagon. Get well soon!! :cool:
**Shimmering Star, thanks for the cap**
(((Nell))) Thanks for that. It really cheered me up :-)

And since I'm lying in bed typing right now, Jack would have to come and sit down on the bed next to me and ... oh yeh, PG thread!!!

(And just to let you both that both of the girls are up to date on their shots - then again I thought I was too so who knows :-( )

UhSir
September 5th, 2005, 06:57 PM

I love Broca Divide! Not just for the really cool Sam/Jack locker room scene either. It has some of the best dialog. The photography is absolutely fabulous. Tealíc does stuff! The Untouched wardrobes are to die for!

Okay, your question about Janet. Well, itís Janetís premiere episode. Also take into account the dialog; Jack wants her to use him for experimentation with the antidote. I think it all was to show Janetís human side. Sheís not go-get-em military. She cares about people. That scene even brought tears to my eyes. Such a beautiful introduction to a beautiful character! And she calls Tealíc ďMr. Tealíc.Ē Sheís so cute!

LOL4JACK
September 5th, 2005, 07:03 PM
I love Broca Divide! Not just for the really cool Sam/Jack locker room scene either. It has some of the best dialog. The photography is absolutely fabulous. Tealíc does stuff! The Untouched wardrobes are to die for!

Okay, your question about Janet. Well, itís Janetís premiere episode. Also take into account the dialog; Jack wants her to use him for experimentation with the antidote. I think it all was to show Janetís human side. Sheís not go-get-em military. She cares about people. That scene even brought tears to my eyes. Such a beautiful introduction to a beautiful character! And she calls Tealíc ďMr. Tealíc.Ē Sheís so cute!
I'm might have read once that at the begining TPTB where considering pairing Janet with Jack and Sam with Daniel... does anybody know?

trupi
September 5th, 2005, 07:08 PM

And since I'm lying in bed typing right now, Jack would have to come and sit down on the bed next to me and ... oh yeh, PG thread!!!

(And just to let you both that both of the girls are up to date on their shots - then again I thought I was too so who knows :-( )
Lynn check your Pm and call me, I know what you have!

UhSir
September 5th, 2005, 07:16 PM
http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a9/UhSir/samandjack/Sam-Jack-upset.jpg
Jack: Lynn has measles?
Sam: Thatís what I heard.
Jack: Thatís serious stuff.
Sam: Jack, relax, sheís following the doctorís orders.

Gatetrixer
September 5th, 2005, 07:22 PM
i feel the same way. i used to watch soaps years ago, but stopped when i graduated. but i also feel frustrated when someone talks about normal-life things (like getting married and such) and makes it sound disgraceful and/or boringly pathetic. i know that's not what others are saying here, but i didn't find ryac's wedding melodramatic and i know sam and jack's wouldn't be either. behind this, i really do understand what ppl are scared of, but i wish soaps would stop getting the bumbs rap because i feel behind them, they're just pieces of true life.

also, i don't 'need' to see their wedding, i'd like like to.

sally :)

Thanks for commenting. And we basically agree, though, I probably was not clear when I say I dislike "soap opera" being often brought up when discussing certain things about Sam/Jack. The anti's say it for anything relating to ship, while others(some are shippers) say it for, as you suggested, normal things like marriage. Soap operas involve normal happenings in life but exaggerate like multiple marriages and divorces, babies (often by someone other than the husband), all sorts of unusual illnesses, etc. One romance between two leading characters in a sci-fi show ending in marriage(we hope), even with a broken engagement, the death of one of the character's father, and the other character dating someone else briefly is nothing like what goes on in the average soap opera in ONE WEEK. It doesn't even begin to approach it. But it IS like a love story set within the greater sci-fi one. In other words what I meant is: just because it deals with love doesn't make it a soap opera.

UhSir
September 5th, 2005, 07:30 PM
I'm might have read once that at the begining TPTB where considering pairing Janet with Jack and Sam with Daniel... does anybody know?
Hmm, it may have been a consideration but, thankfully, it was not pursued. In subsequent episodes with Janet, she clearly reinforces her humanity angle.

I thought I read somewhere that when they tested Amanda Tapping for the role they tested her for the Jack/Sam pairing possibility.

sg-1fanintn
September 5th, 2005, 07:39 PM

I remember reading an interview with Teryl where she said that in Broca Divide, she was told to treat Jack very tenderly. Apparently, at first they were going to have Jack and Janet have "a past." That's why she puts her hand to his cheek in that scene in his cell.

I'm not sure whether they really planned to pair them, though---or if they thought about pairing Sam and Daniel. I remember that they had AT read with RDA and had them pose together, so they could see how they looked together. But whatever plans they had at the beginning, Amanda and Rick's chemistry soon made the correct course obvious!

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y128/newsgoddess/s-jclose.bmp

JACK: Did you hear that? SG-1fanintn says we have ďchemistry.Ē
SAM: Well, SirÖ.
JACK: Yeah. I knew it too.

Buc252
September 5th, 2005, 07:52 PM

I admired her right away for showing him the proper respect, as so many did not in those early years. Teal'c deserved it, and she gave it. Then she compounded it by caring for her patient's welfare more than the germs she was investigating. Very nice.

As for Janet's character itself, I think I heard that originally, she and Jack were to have "history," and the touching nature of this scene was to feed on that. But then, TPTB being who they are, decided they didn't want any indications of a previous relationship and made her just a caring professional. For the sake of *our* ship, I'm glad, but she was so sweet and sensitive in that scene, I always thought she needed somebody of her own. (No, not necessarily Daniel. Wouldn't she make an interesting pairing with Teal'c? <g>)

UhSir
September 5th, 2005, 07:59 PM
As for Janet's character itself, I think I heard that originally, she and Jack were to have "history," and the touching nature of this scene was to feed on that. But then, TPTB being who they are, decided they didn't want any indications of a previous relationship and made her just a caring professional. For the sake of *our* ship, I'm glad, but she was so sweet and sensitive in that scene, I always thought she needed somebody of her own. (No, not necessarily Daniel. Wouldn't she make an interesting pairing with Teal'c? <g>)

Well, I'm glad too. A "history" would have made future scenes with Janet and Sam regarding distressed-Jack a nightmare!

Janet and Teal'c! I've always secretly thought that would be so cool. *shivers* sneaks off to search for a Janet/Teal'c ship thread

Lynn
September 5th, 2005, 08:14 PM
Well, I'm glad too. A "history" would have made future scenes with Janet and Sam regarding distressed-Jack a nightmare!

Janet and Teal'c! I've always secretly thought that would be so cool. *shivers* sneaks off to search for a Janet/Teal'c ship thread
Hmm - I'm going to have to go back and review my Season 1 collection now.

BTW - I think you're right about the intentions of TPTB at the beginning of the show - recently I spoke with someone who would know (an actor who wants to remain nameless) who mentioned that there was never an intention of a Jack/Sam ship at the beginning of the show and in fact Amanda Tapping had some clauses in her contract when she signed on about kissing scenes etc. (Please note this is all hearsay so I don't know the legitimacy of this statement.) Whew!!! Disclaimer over :-)

majorsal
September 5th, 2005, 08:33 PM

you know what i want more than anything? (still want that wedding, but it doesn't have to be made a big deal/many scenes)....

i want the sam/pete scenes from the first half of chimera for sam and jack. hand holding, making out, waking up in bed together, walking hand-in-hand, dancing, ogling one another... it was everything i'd always fantasized about sam and jack, and it was about fifteen minutes worth of screen time in one bloody ep.

that's what i want, romance.

it doesn't 'have' to be a wedding, i just want to see them together as a couple. that's not that much to ask for, is it? if they could do it for a nobody that charmed sam, they could do it for a 9 year love story.

*sighs*

i guess i'll never get over that ep. it broke my heart.

I WANT THAT FOR SAM AND JACK! :(

k, done whining, now back to shipping. :)

LOL4JACK
September 5th, 2005, 08:45 PM
OT... Lynn, Trupi, can't answer your PM, GW does not let me :mad: !!!!!
[/rant] puff!

trupi
September 5th, 2005, 08:48 PM
OT... Lynn, Trupi, can't answer your PM, GW does not let me :mad: !!!!!
[/rant] puff!
Off with their heads! Run your virus scan because everytime I sign on GW, I get the same 16 viruses which attack e-mails and gathers personal infor. It might clear the problem up. ;)

UhSir
September 5th, 2005, 08:56 PM
i want the sam/pete scenes from the first half of chimera for sam and jack. hand holding, making out, waking up in bed together, walking hand-in-hand, dancing, ogling one another... it was everything i'd always fantasized about sam and jack, and it was about fifteen minutes worth of screen time in one bloody ep.

*sniff, sniff* That's what I want too! Fair is fair!

Uber
September 5th, 2005, 10:58 PM
My take on the "Amanda talking about Sam and Jack issue" thing:

She's probably sick to death of the topic.

I mean, it's a great flavor for the character...to have her experience a situation where she's dealing with feelings for Jack, not knowing how to handle it, responding poorly, blah...blah...blah...

But just like any seasoning, it's meant to be taken in small doses. When that's all a character is reduced to (or seems to have been reduced to), I imagine it can get tedious for her as an actress to have to deal with this one issue ALL THE TIME.

I honestly wouldn't read a ton into this Sal. Amanda's vascilated on this issue quite a bit. I mean, I've seen her talk about the fact that Sam and Jack should NEVER get together...and then I've seen her say they should...then in commentaries, she's giddy when pointing out shippy moments...then I saw her say "either do or don't but enough already"... In the Behind SciFi Friday, she said she was glad the issue was addressed and dealt with...but now let's see Professional!Sam or as she put it "it's time to up the body count." Jack's no longer around so let's see Sam now...without the weight of the ship anchored about her neck. Let's see how she's growing and changing.

She knows where the fans stand (both pro and con) and regardless of what she said in that particular interview, I think she wouldn't mind seeing them end up together in the long run as long as it wasn't THE focus for the show or her character. At GateCon, she talked about how vague the show was going to be on that issue but that the door is open for the future and she genuinely seemed happy about it.

She wants to have Sam grow, to see what these changes and decisions have meant for her life and to show her continuing to evolve. She doesn't want Sam to solely be seen as the other half of Sam and Jack. I can dig this and I agree with it. I personally want to see Sam as a more confident kickbutt member of SG-1 and let's revisit ship later.

I kinda laughed when I read that quote, to be honest...because I don't think she really feels that way at all. My guess is she wants a break from the Sam/Jack issue for awhile. Let's focus on Carter as an officer and a scientist...and then we'll see...

gwenhwyfar
September 5th, 2005, 11:11 PM

I want that too!

I know this isn't as bad as the measles but, I have a sinus cold. Can Jack come take care of me? He could hand me my allergy medication! :)

About the whole soap opera thing... I watch soaps. Days, Passions. I love them. I just don't think Stargate should become one. If they had big wedding scenes for Sam and Jack that would be kinda soapish (Soaps are known for big weddings) not to mention sort of against character. It would be ok if like, the last scene of the season was of them in a garden standing at the alter. Daniel, Teal'c, Cassie and maybe Hammond there.

As for the middle names. Ever since I saw Jack's middle name started with a J I have thought it stood for Jay. RDA's does love the Simpsons. As for Sam, i don't think she has one.

And a slight note. Jack's name is 'John' not 'Jonathan'. That's what his ID says.

shipper hannah
September 6th, 2005, 04:41 AM
ah no! the thread dropped to the second page! :eek:
where are all the shippers? :confused:
it seems everytime i come on everyone's away! :(

Caro
September 6th, 2005, 05:00 AM
Here is a little fic rec for my shipper family : A New Beginning by Suz (http://www.suzfanfiction.com/series.html)

It's a serie (46 fics or so... yes, that's a lot to catch up!), based off the episodes. It's essentially Sam/Jack, and it has angst, friendship, hurt/comfort, action/adventure, and of course romance ;)

I highly recommand it, it's a really great serie, definitly worth reading!

Equinox
September 6th, 2005, 05:29 AM
Hey! Thanks for the nice responces on my Clay SG guys! Well, I did lots more to finish of the little story I had going. And I still dont have a Sam and Daniell... but I improvised and scouted the house for things to use :p

here's the next part to entertain my shipper friends :D

http://storage.msn.com/x1pi9AUjD9T4AWZRmJFChP_xQgJvq2NDJo_UCbmWIrFScOPWLu5M0l601eQKgzICT4jVppcG_u0REZSY QxOevMpCv_ZC1zaH25Qky29vo9ZUR-peeYX27bOpmR2CxjuF31TNesO0MTyonX9oat3tWVaFA

http://storage.msn.com/x1pi9AUjD9T4AWZRmJFChP_xQgJvq2NDJo_UCbmWIrFScNhMUup4WpmhH2K5oxQp-Sam9nxnPOCwEQdhyF3loaXHKumfRjdURRavLl3DEsZ8KyUQOy5EjYVWUu7-L9GcEMOa0qq540m_SAekwkf_11MjA

http://storage.msn.com/x1pi9AUjD9T4AWZRmJFChP_xQgJvq2NDJo_UCbmWIrFScOqixePmEsFKq7yzce01mJ4lV9keHLZswB7F xkaBMrWeJ3d78YOwHzQREzx4VWNAW85OE-84Zs9LZAClLUO1yIB_hf2Em5royxjSdPVFOw86g

http://storage.msn.com/x1pi9AUjD9T4AWZRmJFChP_xQgJvq2NDJo_UCbmWIrFScPBEqMpsE_7j7aindYdVItBrewlIXAtHh3QL 5Gkrl9ZnieNEaQkECOwOF_2N9mO7p5Oydk1UsEhMfEE9-bhRIjZLWTC6rw7io1EIz-vUSNVwQ

http://storage.msn.com/x1pi9AUjD9T4AWZRmJFChP_xQgJvq2NDJo_UCbmWIrFScO4UQV4eGN4xHnN_XsL-hk0RuA_ha-BiVdeGy0bJ9RrATU2k-vluBa1nqKxn3M6KrzfrUdYEneqU7HcBF0ixZGEQQrJ0_1tTMgz-mLnH4rJqA

http://storage.msn.com/x1pi9AUjD9T4AWZRmJFChP_xQgJvq2NDJo_UCbmWIrFScOquqVTkl6P9uhn87MAjoBzJMRQQjcmX_QN9 lscZpE_c2u3VpJ6rZbrh2To7xUIcrwCGfLp4kwwKcS3-JZjHcuFch6q0aG7ZO1FpvHy_IBkRQ

Ahhhhhh theres more ... but I don't want to flood the sight and make it hard for people with slow connections --- so just go here to see the rest:

>>>>CLICK HERE FOR MORE <<<< (http://spaces.msn.com/members/equinox-sgc/PersonalSpace.aspx?_c11_PhotoAlbum_spaHandler=TWljcm9zb2Z0LlNwYWNlcy5XZWIuUGFydH MuUGhvdG9BbGJ1bS5GdWxsTW9kZUNvbnRyb2xsZXI%24&_c11_PhotoAlbum_spaFolderID=cns!1ppKmFKhje9kUq96rnPMQ5Cg!713&_c=PhotoAlbum)

:p :o

Chrysalis
September 6th, 2005, 05:54 AM
Hmm - I'm going to have to go back and review my Season 1 collection now.

BTW - I think you're right about the intentions of TPTB at the beginning of the show - recently I spoke with someone who would know (an actor who wants to remain nameless) who mentioned that there was never an intention of a Jack/Sam ship at the beginning of the show and in fact Amanda Tapping had some clauses in her contract when she signed on about kissing scenes etc. (Please note this is all hearsay so I don't know the legitimacy of this statement.) Whew!!! Disclaimer over :-)

What sort of clauses? I can imagine her having a no-nudity thing, after seeing what went on in COTG! I know she's used body doubles in movies, so she obviously has strong views on that issue.....
I remember reading somewhere, but i'm not sure where, that there was a possible Jack/Janet thing originally...... or early on when Janet arrived on the scene, but that could just have been something that came out of that scene between them in The Broca Divide...

Equinox
September 6th, 2005, 06:16 AM
What sort of clauses? I can imagine her having a no-nutidy thing, after seeing what went on in COTG! I know she's used body doubles in movies, so she obviously has strong views on that issue.....
I remember reading somewhere, but i'm not sure where, that there was a possible Jack/Janet thing originally...... or early on when Janet arrived on the scene, but that could just have been something that came out of that scene between them in The Broca Divide...

Yeah I heard something allong those lines too... Ehhh Broca Divide, now thres a memrible BHK :) I remember Amanda said in an interview that she thought that The Broca Divide could have been stronger on certain aspects ... or something like that with the story line, she felt that could have been played out better... don't quote me on that lol I'm not sure that's 100% correct - my memorie's fuzzy.

trupi
September 6th, 2005, 06:36 AM
Equinox that is hilarious! I wonder how JM would react to the SG-1 claymation show! Has a better plot then some of the episodes shown on S9.

Equinox
September 6th, 2005, 06:40 AM
Equinox that is hilarious! I wonder how JM would react to the SG-1 claymation show! Has a better plot then some of the episodes shown on S9.

WOAH! lol That's a great review! Well, every one bug him to take a look :P I'd love that! haha I'm going to create my own SG Clay world I tells ya! :D
Thanks Trupi!

[[ Notice how Sam dressed up for Jack ;) lol ]]
If you look on my Blog there's pics of the making of SG-clay lol :p

Hulabaloo
September 6th, 2005, 06:44 AM
Its great! You should do more! We need a Sam and Daniel!

Nikki
September 6th, 2005, 08:34 AM
When amanda tapping went for her screen test and audition, at the end TPTB made her stand next to RDA, with his arm around her shoulders and her arm around his waist.
Now i think that they did this to see if they "matched" so to speak, meaning that they probably had the J/S ship planned from the beginning. But being a shipper i would think that, so i'm kinda biast, but what other explanation could there be? :p
AT said it herself on an interview with Vicki (i think its a canadian talk show or something), but she said that she wasn't sure why they did that. I'll see if i can find a link for that clip, for you guys.

Edit: Heres the link to the clips, its mainly the end of the first clip and beginning of the second.

Clip 1: http://www.stargate-pictures4.de/TV_Show_Vicky_Gabereau-Interview_Amanda__Teil_1.wmv (Edit: Ignore this clip, its 2 and 3)

Clip 2: http://www.stargate-pictures4.de/TV_Show_Vicky_Gabereau-Interview_Amanda__Teil_2.wmv

UhSir
September 6th, 2005, 09:46 AM
Clip 1: http://www.stargate-pictures4.de/TV_Show_Vicky_Gabereau-Interview_Amanda__Teil_1.wmv

Clip 2: http://www.stargate-pictures4.de/TV_Show_Vicky_Gabereau-Interview_Amanda__Teil_2.wmv

Cool!
It's at the end of Clip 2 above and then the beginning of
Clip 3: http://www.stargate-pictures4.de/TV_Show_Vicky_Gabereau-Interview_Amanda__Teil_3.wmv

In all, there are 6 parts.

Nikki
September 6th, 2005, 11:01 AM
Oops! :o Thanks Uhsir, your right, my mistake. It is at the end of clip 2 and beginning of clip 3.

UhSir
September 6th, 2005, 11:31 AM
And thank you for the links. It's a really nice interview and very interesting.

sg-1fanintn
September 6th, 2005, 12:35 PM
Hey! Thanks for the nice responces on my Clay SG guys! Well, I did lots more to finish of the little story I had going. And I still dont have a Sam and Daniell... but I improvised and scouted the house for things to use :p

http://storage.msn.com/x1pi9AUjD9T4AWZRmJFChP_xQgJvq2NDJo_UCbmWIrFScOPWLu5M0l601eQKgzICT4jVppcG_u0REZSY QxOevMpCv_ZC1zaH25Qky29vo9ZUR-peeYX27bOpmR2CxjuF31TNesO0MTyonX9oat3tWVaFA

http://storage.msn.com/x1pi9AUjD9T4AWZRmJFChP_xQgJvq2NDJo_UCbmWIrFScNhMUup4WpmhH2K5oxQp-Sam9nxnPOCwEQdhyF3loaXHKumfRjdURRavLl3DEsZ8KyUQOy5EjYVWUu7-L9GcEMOa0qq540m_SAekwkf_11MjA

http://storage.msn.com/x1pi9AUjD9T4AWZRmJFChP_xQgJvq2NDJo_UCbmWIrFScOqixePmEsFKq7yzce01mJ4lV9keHLZswB7F xkaBMrWeJ3d78YOwHzQREzx4VWNAW85OE-84Zs9LZAClLUO1yIB_hf2Em5royxjSdPVFOw86g

http://storage.msn.com/x1pi9AUjD9T4AWZRmJFChP_xQgJvq2NDJo_UCbmWIrFScPBEqMpsE_7j7aindYdVItBrewlIXAtHh3QL 5Gkrl9ZnieNEaQkECOwOF_2N9mO7p5Oydk1UsEhMfEE9-bhRIjZLWTC6rw7io1EIz-vUSNVwQ

http://storage.msn.com/x1pi9AUjD9T4AWZRmJFChP_xQgJvq2NDJo_UCbmWIrFScO4UQV4eGN4xHnN_XsL-hk0RuA_ha-BiVdeGy0bJ9RrATU2k-vluBa1nqKxn3M6KrzfrUdYEneqU7HcBF0ixZGEQQrJ0_1tTMgz-mLnH4rJqA

http://storage.msn.com/x1pi9AUjD9T4AWZRmJFChP_xQgJvq2NDJo_UCbmWIrFScOquqVTkl6P9uhn87MAjoBzJMRQQjcmX_QN9 lscZpE_c2u3VpJ6rZbrh2To7xUIcrwCGfLp4kwwKcS3-JZjHcuFch6q0aG7ZO1FpvHy_IBkRQ

Ahhhhhh theres more ... but I don't want to flood the sight and make it hard for people with slow connections --- so just go here to see the rest:

>>>>CLICK HERE FOR MORE <<<< (http://spaces.msn.com/members/equinox-sgc/PersonalSpace.aspx?_c11_PhotoAlbum_spaHandler=TWljcm9zb2Z0LlNwYWNlcy5XZWIuUGFydH MuUGhvdG9BbGJ1bS5GdWxsTW9kZUNvbnRyb2xsZXI%24&_c11_PhotoAlbum_spaFolderID=cns!1ppKmFKhje9kUq96rnPMQ5Cg!713&_c=PhotoAlbum)

:p :o

Equinox, these get funnier every time! Can't wait to see Sam and Daniel! Please keep sending them to us!!!!!

(* Asks self, "Where's my Gumby? Somehow, I want to play with Gumby." *takes off searching* )

smea
September 6th, 2005, 12:45 PM
Ohhhhh ((Equinox)) I loves it!! :D

lol.. you really should send it to TPTB! I think they'd love it too ;)

sueKay
September 6th, 2005, 02:47 PM
*saves thread from the oblivion of page 2*

sueKay presents...

In Between the The Threads - Chapter 14 - In Between the Tears (http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2257773/14/)

Based DIRECTLY on Threads.

Equinox
September 6th, 2005, 02:48 PM
Equinox, these get funnier every time! Can't wait to see Sam and Daniel! Please keep sending them to us!!!!!

(* Asks self, "Where's my Gumby? Somehow, I want to play with Gumby." *takes off searching* )

HAHA GUMBY!! Yes, See, the green doll (Madaline) was for an art Project I did an animation about time/space lol

Ohhhhh ((Equinox)) I loves it!! :D
lol.. you really should send it to TPTB! I think they'd love it too ;)

LOL yeah! Thanks :P

As soon as I do more I'll poast them up... I need to make Sam and Danny first though :P

lol do you think I could get away with doing a SG-Clay Sam/Jack BHK? :lol:

stargate barbie
September 6th, 2005, 03:16 PM
Oops! :o Thanks Uhsir, your right, my mistake. It is at the end of clip 2 and beginning of clip 3.
thanks for the clips, i love seeing anything with the stargate folk so that was much appreciated.

SamCarterONeill
September 6th, 2005, 03:16 PM
Thanks for the interview clips! They kept me busy for a while, I just love AT, she's so nice :) I forgive her for what she said (sort of lol)

stargate barbie
September 6th, 2005, 03:18 PM
hey samcarteroneill? Jacks Kitchen is YELLOW???!!!!

where do we see that?! i'm so going back over all the eps where we see jacks kitchen. YAY!

sueKay
September 6th, 2005, 03:34 PM
Ooh...JACK'S HOUSE IS SAM'S DREAMHOUSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Uber
September 6th, 2005, 03:42 PM

where do we see that?! i'm so going back over all the eps where we see jacks kitchen. YAY!Perhaps subconsciously Sam pictured her dream house as Jack's house without fully recognizing the implications...

sg-1fanintn
September 6th, 2005, 03:44 PM

Absolutely! In fact, PLEASE!!!!!
Bring on the BHK!!!!!!!

where do we see that?! i'm so going back over all the eps where we see jacks kitchen. YAY!
We see Jack's kitchen in Citizen Joe, part of S8. It's yellow! And remember, Sam wants a yellow kitchen. :eek: mentions it when he buys the house (without her even getting to see it first--jerk!) in Threads!

scjon
September 6th, 2005, 04:23 PM

Definitely!! Equinox, these have been fantasic so far!

Suekay. Loved the latest chapter of your excellent fic.

I'm bound to have unintentionally forgotten someone so (((very talented shipper family)))

stargate barbie
September 6th, 2005, 04:41 PM
Ooh...JACK'S HOUSE IS SAM'S DREAMHOUSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
hey, jacks house is my dream house! and not cos its a nice house, but i'm guessing that everyone got that, right?

Kri
September 6th, 2005, 04:44 PM
*saves thread from the oblivion of page 2*

sueKay presents...

In Between the The Threads - Chapter 14 - In Between the Tears (http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2257773/14/)

Based DIRECTLY on Threads.

Thanks for the story. I am gonna have to have something to catch up!

I have been without Stargate for a few weeks now. My old SG watching group has pretty much disbanded. Of the original 4 of us, one girl got engaged (after dating some guy for 2 months), Mark and I broke up (looooong story, but we mutually broke up 3 weeks ago and are trying the friendship thing), and that leaves one other friend. My biggest problem? Mark has been tivo-ing the episodes, so I have to watch with him at his house to be able to see the past 3 or 4 episodes.

Life has thrown me a few curve balls and I am trying to keep my spirits up. Let me know how things are going here ;)

sueKay
September 6th, 2005, 04:47 PM
Okay...time for a new shipper thingumy....

THE KITCHEN OR LURVE!!!!!!!!!!!

LOL :d

sueKay
September 6th, 2005, 04:51 PM
(((((((((((Kri))))))))))))

Aw honey...PM me if you want to talk.

Haven't seen you in AGES!

scjon
September 6th, 2005, 05:06 PM

I have been without Stargate for a few weeks now. My old SG watching group has pretty much disbanded. Of the original 4 of us, one girl got engaged (after dating some guy for 2 months), Mark and I broke up (looooong story, but we mutually broke up 3 weeks ago and are trying the friendship thing), and that leaves one other friend. My biggest problem? Mark has been tivo-ing the episodes, so I have to watch with him at his house to be able to see the past 3 or 4 episodes.

Life has thrown me a few curve balls and I am trying to keep my spirits up. Let me know how things are going here ;)
(((Kri))). So sorry you are having such a tough time.

mad_gater
September 6th, 2005, 05:24 PM

(((((((((KRI)))))))))))

Sorry to hear about your rough time. :(:(

Sorry I haven't been on the last few days but our computer has suddenly stopped recognizing the keyboard in its standard port, so I'll have to see if there's an adapter that will allow me to plug it into USB ports. Problem is, with all the USB devices we've got we're gonna need a hub and I don't have enough money for one at the moment.

So for a little while the only computer time I'm gonna get is at the public libraries.

mad_gater
September 6th, 2005, 05:26 PM
Nell, Absolutely loved this. Short, sweet and perfect! :p
I liked it as well. And so did Kel'dor!! :D:D

mad_gater
September 6th, 2005, 05:30 PM

I hope you get better soon Lynn!!!! ((((((((Lynn)))))))

And don't go off-world either...those measles could mutate...:P:D

mad_gater
September 6th, 2005, 05:31 PM
Gotta go....library is nearing closing time

ttyl....(((((((family)))))))

Kri
September 6th, 2005, 05:35 PM
(((((((((KRI)))))))))))

Sorry to hear about your rough time. :(:(

Sorry I haven't been on the last few days but our computer has suddenly stopped recognizing the keyboard in its standard port, so I'll have to see if there's an adapter that will allow me to plug it into USB ports. Problem is, with all the USB devices we've got we're gonna need a hub and I don't have enough money for one at the moment.

So for a little while the only computer time I'm gonna get is at the public libraries.

I hear ya, I was without internet for 2 weeks because of my stupid provider. I wanted to strangle them! :mad:

Thanks for the thoughts. You guys are awesome. I have just felt like hibernating from the world, but my friends seem to think I am handling this break up so well. Whatever, it SUCKS!

So.... tell me what has happened since Vala took a hike? I haven't even seen Sam's return yet!

sueKay
September 6th, 2005, 05:37 PM
We've had one shippy comment...

Agent Barrett asked Sam if she was single and she said...

NOT REALLY!!!!

Which cause an eardrum-shattering SQUEEEEEEE around the world.

Again...if you wanna talk, just drop me a PM.

sueKay
September 6th, 2005, 05:38 PM
(((mad gater)))

Zat your computer...works everytime ;) :D

LOL4JACK
September 6th, 2005, 06:24 PM
Absolutely! In fact, PLEASE!!!!!
Bring on the BHK!!!!!!!

We see Jack's kitchen in Citizen Joe, part of S8. It's yellow! And remember, Sam wants a yellow kitchen. :eek: mentions it when he buys the house (without her even getting to see it first--jerk!) in Threads!

Mel, you are so, so, so, smart... I never thought about that... Thread spoiler Sam wanted a yellow kitchen for her dream house... Jack had a yellow kitchen... Jack.... Sam.... kitchen... yellow.... :eek: she is soooooooooo crazy about him :D

nell
September 6th, 2005, 06:56 PM
sueKay,

I'm begging ya, tell me that you are changing your sig pics every, um, 15 seconds or I'm gonna think I've flipped out!!!!!!!!! :D

Reminds me of the episode with Jack-in-the-elevator!!!! Heh, heh!!! Season 6. Anyway, he presses the button for a floor and it stops. Ascended Daniel appears. Jack does not crack a smile, he turns back to the panel of buttons and mutters, "I swore that was aspirin I took this morning." Meaning nothing that would alter his perceptions!!

Anyway, sueKay, I swear it was my vitamin I took this morning and not something that makes me see things that aren't there!!!!! ;)

gwenhwyfar
September 6th, 2005, 07:53 PM
Ok, this computer is really making me mad! In my last post I meant to say
I hope you get better soon Lynn . Measles, wow!

I am watching Avalon right now.I love some of the things Vala says! What I'm really looking forward to is EDM of course. But it is on at 2 am.

sg-1fanintn
September 6th, 2005, 08:06 PM
We see Jack's kitchen in Citizen Joe, part of S8. It's yellow! And remember, SPOILERS (Highlight below to read):
Sam wants a yellow kitchen. mentions it when he buys the house (without her even getting to see it first--jerk!) in Threads!

Mel, you are so, so, so, smart... I never thought about that... Thread spoiler SPOILERS (Highlight below to read):
Sam wanted a yellow kitchen for her dream house... Jack had a yellow kitchen... Jack.... Sam.... kitchen... yellow.... she is soooooooooo crazy about him.
You know, I just now thought of this while reading your reply. Do you think that was another subtle ship clue TPTB threw at us? And it took us til September to figure it out???

Lynn, hope you get well soon!

majorsal
September 6th, 2005, 08:13 PM

amazing, just absolutely amazing! :D

sg-1fanintn
September 6th, 2005, 08:22 PM
amazing, just absolutely amazing! :D

Also amazing: 4,200 posts! Whooooo-ppppeeeee!

nell
September 6th, 2005, 08:29 PM
majorsal, CONGRATULATIONS 4200 POSTS!!!!

majorsal
September 6th, 2005, 08:50 PM
Also amazing: 4,200 posts! Whooooo-ppppeeeee!

can't rep

thanks, hon. :)

Queen Eleta
September 6th, 2005, 09:49 PM
I just had to post here from my 600 post. And to celebrate, something I really want to see soon... and not just a figment of Sam's subconscious.

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a367/queeneleta/gracekiss1.jpg

bigger!! (http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a367/queeneleta/gracekiss2.jpg)

LOL4JACK
September 6th, 2005, 10:07 PM
OMG, Mayorsal, 4200!!!!!
(I feel like a Prim'tah again) :o

((((((Queenie))))) Congrats on your 600 posts....

OK, so now definitely we have to party... alien style :D

http://bestsmileys.com/aliens/9.gif

the dancer of spaz
September 6th, 2005, 10:10 PM
pssstt... check out my sig... we'd love your input! :P

ST-1
September 6th, 2005, 10:48 PM
Okay y'all, I've just uploaded ANOTHER ship-fic, Focal Point (http://www.gateworld.net/fanfic/archive/39/focalpoint.html), the sequel to "All The Way." The sucky thing is that my line breaks didn't work! There are three "scenes" to the story, which now appear as stupid plot shifts. :rolleyes: They're not, I swear! :o

Anyway...enjoy! PLEASE R&R if so inclined (Remember I am a feedback junkie and I need my "hits!" :P )

Uber
September 7th, 2005, 12:10 AM
When amanda tapping went for her screen test and audition, at the end TPTB made her stand next to RDA, with his arm around her shoulders and her arm around his waist.
Now i think that they did this to see if they "matched" so to speak, meaning that they probably had the J/S ship planned from the beginning. But being a shipper i would think that, so i'm kinda biast, but what other explanation could there be? :p
AT said it herself on an interview with Vicki (i think its a canadian talk show or something), but she said that she wasn't sure why they did that. I'll see if i can find a link for that clip, for you guys.

Edit: Heres the link to the clips, its mainly the end of the first clip and beginning of the second.

Clip 1: http://www.stargate-pictures4.de/TV_Show_Vicky_Gabereau-Interview_Amanda__Teil_1.wmv (Edit: Ignore this clip, its 2 and 3)

Clip 2: http://www.stargate-pictures4.de/TV_Show_Vicky_Gabereau-Interview_Amanda__Teil_2.wmvVery cute.

Sigh. I miss Rick.

galaxy
September 7th, 2005, 04:02 AM
Very cute.

Sigh. I miss Rick.

‹ber, I tried to respond to your PM, but it didn't work.
Everything freezes, when I push the submit button. :(
I'll try it again later... :)

galaxy
September 7th, 2005, 04:12 AM
You know, I just now thought of this while reading your reply. Do you think that was another subtle ship clue TPTB threw at us? And it took us til September to figure it out???

Lynn, hope you get well soon!

I can't believe that slipped under our ship-radar!!! :eek:
The yellow kitchen of love.....how cute! *squeeeeeeeeeee* :D

Somnium
September 7th, 2005, 04:36 AM
Squueeeee Yellow Kitchen I loved that :D

There are some fab new signatures about, just wanted to say how great they are :D

So I wanted to introduce you to a special member opf my family.........

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v475/Shelby_SG1/ONeil.jpg

O'Neill Bear, he is soon to be kept company by Carter Bear (cash flow allowing).

Equinox
September 7th, 2005, 04:57 AM

There are some fab new signatures about, just wanted to say how great they are :D

O'Neill Bear, he is soon to be kept company by Carter Bear (cash flow allowing).

LMAO! OHhh HOW CUTE!! I want one!!

Equinox
September 7th, 2005, 05:01 AM
I can't believe that slipped under our ship-radar!!! :eek:
The yellow kitchen of love.....how cute! *squeeeeeeeeeee* :D

LMAO!*squeeeeeeeeeee* INDEED!!! Okey - I have a doll house, and my SG-Clay men .... so going to paint the Kitchen room yellow and do a scene there!!!!!!!
Thanks!

[Kitchen] - Ah burnt my hand this afternoon with boiling water, it still hirts :(
.... Jaaaaaaack Kiss it better!!!!!!! *shoves hand in ice water*

trupi
September 7th, 2005, 06:01 AM
Hi guys-watch the S9 marathon last night. I had not seen the third episode (sorry don't know the name) and IMO, I thought the story was pretty good except when the poor couple jumped back into their bodies as they are getting burnt and the scene with RDA was good, didn't mind he said that he was hungry (solved many puzzles while snacking on JELLO) and didn't think the scene between him and MS weird. But my concern was how RDA looked. He didn't look well! His color was off and he looked older then normal. Now maybe they used less makeup on RDA because they wanted BB to look better but I was a little concern. When Don left the show most of the fans didn't know that he was ill and had to leave because of his doctor orders.(He's better this year -if you didn't know-he had a piece of his aorta(large vein leading to his heart) removed and he need down time. Maybe, RDA is just really tired and needs down time after his broken ankle but I was little concern by his looks.

nell
September 7th, 2005, 06:13 AM
Hi guys-watch the S9 marathon last night. I had not seen the third episode (sorry don't know the name) and IMO, I thought the story was pretty good except when the poor couple jumped back into their bodies as they are getting burnt and the scene with RDA was good, didn't mind he said that he was hungry (solved many puzzles while snacking on JELLO) and didn't think the scene between him and MS weird. But my concern was how RDA looked. He didn't look well! His color was off and he looked older then normal. Now maybe they used less makeup on RDA because they wanted BB to look better but I was a little concern. When Don left the show most of the fans didn't know that he was ill and had to leave because of his doctor orders.(He's better this year -if you didn't know-he had a piece of his aorta(large vein leading to his heart) removed and he need down time. Maybe, RDA is just really tired and needs down time after his broken ankle but I was little concern by his looks.

Yes, I thought he looked tired and worn down in episode 3, too. He looked bored in episode 1 with Landry. I really missed Jack's spunk in those episodes! But, when Sam told Agent Barrett, "Not exactly," in Ex Deus Machina, then maybe Jack looked and acted the way he did because they are very active in their relationship!!! Whoa, Sam!! :p

sueKay
September 7th, 2005, 06:22 AM
Heya!

Nell...I'm using a 'trick of the trade' tool for my siggy...:D

With credits going to Uber (for telling me how it worked many moons ago) Mala (for also telling me how it worked and for helping me solve a few problems) and Qasim (for showing me how to actually use it and where to put it!)

Well...RL calls...Bye!

SAM AND JACK FOREVER!

nell
September 7th, 2005, 06:28 AM
Heya!

Nell...I'm using a 'trick of the trade' tool for my siggy...:D

With credits going to Uber (for telling me how it worked many moons ago) Mala (for also telling me how it worked and for helping me solve a few problems) and Qasim (for showing me how to actually use it and where to put it!)

Well...RL calls...Bye!

SAM AND JACK FOREVER!

((((sueKay)))) Cool!! :cool:

Hulabaloo
September 7th, 2005, 07:30 AM
So, hows the shippiying going everyone? Sox, for not being on lately, welll being on but not replying, a mission for the Gateworld RP. Its pretty cool!

So, great pics!

@sueKay: So, cool.

Cathain Nottingham
September 7th, 2005, 07:56 AM

How adorable! *happy sigh* You have to keep us updated if you get Carter Bear!

dipsofjazz
September 7th, 2005, 08:01 AM
http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/13/13_10_7.gif

:D Happy Birthday Waterfall :D

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v491/dipsofjazz/Sam%20and%20Jack/Avatar_AT_RDA_grin.gif

galaxy
September 7th, 2005, 08:54 AM
HAPPY BIRTHDAY WATERFALL!!!

:D :D :D :D

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a108/galaxy_/K.jpg

I hope you have a wonderful day and all your dreams come true!

((((waterfall))))

:D :D :D :D

galaxy
September 7th, 2005, 08:56 AM

Awww..he is adorable. Love his little boots. LOL :D

Hulabaloo
September 7th, 2005, 09:02 AM
They are sooo cute!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY

WATERFALL!!!

:D :) :D :) :D :) :D :) :D :) :D :) :D :) :D :) :D :)

yay!My first try!

galaxy
September 7th, 2005, 09:15 AM
LMAO!*squeeeeeeeeeee* INDEED!!! Okey - I have a doll house, and my SG-Clay men .... so going to paint the Kitchen room yellow and do a scene there!!!!!!!
Thanks!

[Kitchen] - Ah burnt my hand this afternoon with boiling water, it still hirts :(
.... Jaaaaaaack Kiss it better!!!!!!! *shoves hand in ice water*

Ouch for your poor burnt hand. :(

((((Equinox)))) :)

Can't wait for the next part of your clay-Sg1 story!
I laughed so hard that I cried!!!! :p
I loved Sam's hat and the alien lobster. ROFLMAO :D :D :D
So funny! You really should send that to TPTB.

sueKay
September 7th, 2005, 09:30 AM
Happy Birthday Waterfall!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sueKay
September 7th, 2005, 09:32 AM
(((((((((((Equinox)))))))))))))

Well...I've finally figured out how to cap...so look out for my caps in the near future!

(they're tiny!)

Somnium
September 7th, 2005, 09:57 AM
How adorable! *happy sigh* You have to keep us updated if you get Carter Bear!

Will do. Im definatley getting one its just a case of when! Worse case senario will be xmas. The place I got O'Neill bear is about 30 or so miles from where I live and Im not driving at the mo. Next time I go OB is getting a fishing outfit :D

UhSir
September 7th, 2005, 10:01 AM

I think the scenes that were written for him in these three episodes might have made him nauseous. They made me feel sick.

Kri
September 7th, 2005, 10:47 AM

He is too cute. Did you make him at one of those "Build A Bear" type stores?

sueKay
September 7th, 2005, 11:21 AM
Suekay presents...

her first screencap!

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b298/suz_k/Caps/Moebius/FinishedCap1.jpg
small...fuzzy...and definitely cute!

smea
September 7th, 2005, 12:07 PM
Somnium :eek: I LOVE your bear!! You should save up and get all of SG-1! :D Though we'd have to think of a different name for the team... something suitable.

Oh... and Happy Birthday Waterfall!!! :D :D :D
How old....?

sueKay
September 7th, 2005, 12:29 PM
Okay folks...

THE SHIPPER SITE HAS BEEN REDONE...ALL THE LINKS ARE REMOVED AND YOU CAL ADD YOUR OWN!!!!!!!!!!

http://shipperfamily.cjb.net

Please please PLEASE put in your links!

Somnium
September 7th, 2005, 12:40 PM
He is too cute. Did you make him at one of those "Build A Bear" type stores?

Yeah Build A Bear Workshop, I love it there such cute things I could spend a fortune :D

Somnium I LOVE your bear!! You should save up and get all of SG-1! Though we'd have to think of a different name for the team... something suitable.

Thats the plan eventually. They could be SG-B1. Am in the process of trying to make O'Neill Bear some Kit, you know P90 and a vest :D

sueKay
September 7th, 2005, 12:42 PM
Oh there's one of them in Glasgow - the Bear Factory

(note to self...STOP SPENDING MONEY!)

I think a Teal'c bear would be cute!

Somnium
September 7th, 2005, 12:50 PM
Oh there's one of them in Glasgow - the Bear Factory

(note to self...STOP SPENDING MONEY!)

I think a Teal'c bear would be cute!

They are almost the same we have one near to us but i prefer BABW they have better outfits etc. I warn you its addictive :D

waterfall
September 7th, 2005, 02:11 PM
http://bestsmileys.com/thankyou/1.gif
for all the birthday wishes!!!
I know I don't post much here anymore (RL keeps me busy, but I do lurk quite often) and it's soooo nice to be remembered!!

Oh... and Happy Birthday Waterfall!!! :D :D :D
How old....?
Old enough to know better and still young enough to do it!! :D

Also I wanted to say how nice it was to hear all the squeeeeee's over EDM!!
Hopefully we'll have a few more reasons to squee before season 9 is over.

waterfall

jafacakes
September 7th, 2005, 02:17 PM
Happy Birthday Waterfall

Sorry for a lack of pretty pictures, I tried :(
I haven't seen your gorgeous kissing sig for ages :)

On a side note, can someone PM me explaining how to put pretty pictures in :o

Uber
September 7th, 2005, 02:26 PM
May I please take this opportunity to ask you all to go to

and sign up for updates...

Also, if you haven't seen my video or voted for it, I'd appreciate it if you did.

Thank ya...

dipsofjazz
September 7th, 2005, 02:36 PM

Also, if you haven't seen my video or voted for it, I'd appreciate it if you did.

Thank ya...

:D I've signed up ‹ber, and can't wait to see what exciting things are in store for us.
I've voted for your vid in the contest....which reminds me that I should mention that I've entered a slightly edited version of the poem I wrote (with Token's additions) for Ship Day. If you click my sig and go to the 'musings' section, you'll find it there. You are allowed to vote once a day, so pop over as there's some great stuff there. :D Thanks chums.

sueKay
September 7th, 2005, 02:40 PM
Bev - I've voted :D

MB - I've d/led your vid...will watch after I've done some caps!

Jafacakes - go to http://www.photobucket.com - sign up for a free account - find the pictures you want - save them to your computer - upload them to your photobucket account - copy the bottom code (from the 3 provided) into a post.

Cathain Nottingham
September 7th, 2005, 03:15 PM
Will do. Im definatley getting one its just a case of when! Worse case senario will be xmas. The place I got O'Neill bear is about 30 or so miles from where I live and Im not driving at the mo. Next time I go OB is getting a fishing outfit :D

How cute! The little hat and poll I can see it now! :D

stargate barbie
September 7th, 2005, 03:15 PM
hey can anyone tell me what the sky one ep was tonight, i missed it cos i had to work, and i want to know was it a shippy one?

Cathain Nottingham
September 7th, 2005, 03:18 PM
Okay folks...

THE SHIPPER SITE HAS BEEN REDONE...ALL THE LINKS ARE REMOVED AND YOU CAL ADD YOUR OWN!!!!!!!!!!

http://shipperfamily.cjb.net

Please please PLEASE put in your links!

It looks terrific Sue! I'll post up my links in a little bit.

dipsofjazz
September 7th, 2005, 03:20 PM
hey can anyone tell me what the sky one ep was tonight, i missed it cos i had to work, and i want to know was it a shippy one?
:D They showed "Fail Safe" tonight. I like the episode, and it has some shippy moments in it. I also find it a funny episode, as there's some good lines in it.

sueKay
September 7th, 2005, 03:31 PM
MB - Just watched your Vid....FANTASTIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*scurries off to vote*

waterfall
September 7th, 2005, 04:05 PM
Happy Birthday Waterfall

Sorry for a lack of pretty pictures, I tried :(
I haven't seen your gorgeous kissing sig for ages :)

thank you!!!
Since you wanted to see it, here it is:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v202/waterfall27/shippy.gif

waterfall

dipsofjazz
September 7th, 2005, 04:08 PM
thank you!!!

waterfall
:D Thanks Waterfall. I could never move past your posts when you used to have that as your sig! :p

Somnium
September 7th, 2005, 04:12 PM
:D They showed "Fail Safe" tonight. I like the episode, and it has some shippy moments in it. I also find it a funny episode, as there's some good lines in it.

Failsafe great ep but it should have been Paradise Lost!

O'Neill "Im confident"
Daniel "Me too"
Teal'c "As am I"

Sorry I just couldnt mention Failsafe without this bit, they repeat it about about three times and it just makes me chuckle everytime :D

Terrah
September 7th, 2005, 04:27 PM

Thank ya...

I have already voted for your vid. :cool:

Uber
September 7th, 2005, 04:41 PM
I have already voted for your vid. :cool:Thank you...remember, you can vote daily!!!

stargate barbie
September 7th, 2005, 04:42 PM
thanks. i love that ep. i think its quite under rated. and its not exactly without ship, although i was kinda hoping PL would have won.

sueKay
September 7th, 2005, 04:52 PM
Yeah...Paradise Lost Should have won

Are next weeks options up yet?

dipsofjazz
September 7th, 2005, 04:57 PM
Yeah...Paradise Lost Should have won

Are next weeks options up yet?
:D Yes they are. Clicky here! (http://www.skyone.co.uk/programme/pgefeature.aspx?pid=6&fid=210) :p

stargate barbie
September 7th, 2005, 05:05 PM
:D Yes they are. Clicky here! (http://www.skyone.co.uk/programme/pgefeature.aspx?pid=6&fid=210) :p
they have GOT to be kidding with those choices. its for "CARING" jack, and eps like D&C, or grace, or Death Knell, or even Fire and Water aren't in it? whats up with that? at the very least Brief Candle should be replaced by one of those. there are way better caring jack eps than that.

sg-1fanintn
September 7th, 2005, 05:44 PM
I'm sorry to hear Don was ill.....but glad to know he's better. As to RDA in Origins, I agree with UhSir!

I think the scenes that were written for him in these three episodes might have made him nauseous. They made me feel sick.
Yasureyabetcha!

jafacakes
September 7th, 2005, 05:48 PM
Jafacakes - go to http://www.photobucket.com - sign up for a free account - find the pictures you want - save them to your computer - upload them to your photobucket account - copy the bottom code (from the 3 provided) into a post.

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b84/noelmh/tha_you6.gifhttp://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b84/noelmh/snoopy24.gif
SueKay, It worked :D :D

jafacakes
September 7th, 2005, 05:57 PM
thank you!!!

waterfall

:D :D :D
Sigh, you just have to post more often girl ...

sueKay
September 7th, 2005, 06:23 PM
Cookie Monster - I think the choices are okay for the poll...I think they're focusing on his paternal side more than anything.

Brief Candle - Through Kynthia (though I hate the b!tch) Jack learns to make the most of everyday of his life...surely a good thing for his future with Sam!

Show and Tell - Aw Cmon! It's reetou charlie and this ep is so sad :( I love it...one of my fave Jack eps

A Hundred Days - Yeah...I admit...I don't have a clue what this is doing here.

Learning Curve - He teaches Merrin what's important.

so...IMO...3 our of 4 ain't bad!

Lynn
September 7th, 2005, 07:21 PM
JM just posted this reply on the Ask Joe thread in regards to Ex Deus Machina

Quote:
Originally Posted by MedusA
Joe, mate, top job on Ex Deus Machina. Now, down to business, highlight below for a question regarding the aforementioned epode. Those of you not into spoilers, I suggest you move on

SPOILERS (Highlight below to read):
That little tid bit of information Sam gave to Agent Barret regarding her single/not singleness, is that all we'll be getting on that issue this season, or can we expect a bit of elaboration?

PS. nice to see you and Paul on the season 8 special features.

His Answer was "That's it for now."

Hmm :-(

Cathain Nottingham
September 7th, 2005, 07:25 PM
Hey Sue - I have a question. The new site, do we have to create our own site to leave messages? There isn't just a way to register but not have a site?

UhSir
September 7th, 2005, 07:26 PM

Thank ya...

Done! Looks like you're mopping up the competition there!

nell
September 7th, 2005, 07:38 PM

Quote:
Joe, mate, top job on Ex Deus Machina. Now, down to business, highlight below for a question regarding the aforementioned epode. Those of you not into spoilers, I suggest you move on

That little tid bit of information Sam gave to Agent Barret regarding her single/not singleness, is that all we'll be getting on that issue this season, or can we expect a bit of elaboration?

Is he yanking our chains, again??? And to think I considered him a friend to Shippers!!! Ya know what *Season 9* Just when "Not Exactly" gives us some level of confirmation of a relationship, TPTB pull something like this? Well, there will be some sort of phone conversation coming up. As I recollect it will be neutral in tone. Now being one to look for the silver lining when there are dark clouds, I wonder if JM is talking about the first half of the season? Nah, me neither! Maybe the long term development into Season 10 will offer more Ship?? I worry that RDA will so enjoy not working a series or get a better offer that he will not return. And AT will want to stay home with her baby or have a new baby or get a better offer and not come back!! Oy, so much for the silver lining!!! And that concludes my rant for the evening!! :S

sg-1fanintn
September 7th, 2005, 07:38 PM

Quote:

Well, after letting JM drive me nuts online for about two months, I believe I can interpret that remark. Of course, there are several different interpretations. They could include:

A. That's all I have to say about that.
B. That's all til Friday.
C. That's all for that ep.
D. That's all til the second half of S9.
E. I don't want to answer that question.
F. I don't want to answer that question because if I drive you nuts, I'm certain you'll tune in.

There may be more that I haven't yet considered. So, you see, those words have many possible meanings, probably none of them bad long-term.

(* Sticks fingers in ears, skips away singing: "La-la-la-la, I can't hear you, Joe!" *)

UhSir
September 7th, 2005, 07:42 PM
Nell, honey, take a deep breath and relax. You're not alone; we'll get through this together. (((((big hug)))))

nell
September 7th, 2005, 07:46 PM
Well, after letting JM drive me nuts online for about two months, I believe I can interpret that remark. Of course, there are several different interpretations. They could include:

A. That's all I have to say about that.
B. That's all til Friday.
C. That's all for that ep.
D. That's all til the second half of S9.
E. I don't want to answer that question.
F. I don't want to answer that question because if I drive you nuts, I'm certain you'll tune in.

There may be more that I haven't yet considered. So, you see, those words have many possible meanings, probably none of them bad long-term.

(* Sticks fingers in ears, skips away singing: "La-la-la-la, I can't hear you, Joe!" *)

((((sg-1fanintn)))) Thanks for finding the silver lining that I failed to see!!! My reasoning powers were compromised at the mere hint of negativity on JM's part!!! So, let's see what hidden Shippy message that Sam and Jack's phone call will reveal!!! I just hope that we hear Jack's voice on the other end. His face whilst he speaks will be the best.

nell
September 7th, 2005, 07:50 PM
Nell, honey, take a deep breath and relax. You're not alone; we'll get through this together. (((((big hug)))))

Thanks, I forgot about the deep, cleansing breaths!!! Breathe in, breath out!! Breathe in, breathe out!! Whoa, a little lightheaded here!!! Steady, steady!!! Mmmm, better. I'm better!!! :rolleyes:

sg-1fanintn
September 7th, 2005, 07:52 PM
((((sg-1fanintn)))) Thanks for finding the silver lining that I failed to see!!! My reasoning powers were compromised at the mere hint of negativity on JM's part!!! So, let's see what hidden Shippy message that Sam and Jack's phone call will reveal!!! I just hope that we hear Jack's voice on the other end. His face whilst he speaks will be the best.
That's why I don't go to his thread any more. That's how I reacted to him too. This way works much better for me.

Lynn
September 7th, 2005, 08:00 PM
That's why I don't go to his thread any more. That's how I reacted to him too. This way works much better for me.
Obviously I made a big mistake having them send me e-mail alerts from that thread and then I ... just ... get ... sucked... iiiinnnnnnn!!!

Lynn
September 7th, 2005, 08:06 PM
Oh he's in a very talk ative mood tonight.

JM says, and this one doesn't need a spoiler tag...

Quote:
Originally Posted by majorsal
hi, joe,

here's a question i've wondered about for some time. do the writers of stargate consider the sam/jack relationship as a love story, or just two ppl that are attracted to one another, etc? i'm just trying to understand the whys and wherefores on this issue.

sally

JM - "Just two people who were drawn together by a mutual attraction that developed over time."

sg-1fanintn
September 7th, 2005, 08:08 PM
Oh he's in a very talk ative mood tonight.

JM says, and this one doesn't need a spoiler tag...

Quote:
Originally Posted by majorsal
hi, joe,

here's a question i've wondered about for some time. do the writers of stargate consider the sam/jack relationship as a love story, or just two ppl that are attracted to one another, etc? i'm just trying to understand the whys and wherefores on this issue.

sally

JM - "Just two people who were drawn together by a mutual attraction that developed over time."
Well, that sounds pretty positive to me.....since that's how most people fall in love!

Lynn
September 7th, 2005, 08:18 PM
Well, that sounds pretty positive to me.....since that's how most people fall in love!
Yep. You're right. That's how it happens. My hubby and I knew each other for 6 years before we started dating, dated 9 years before we got married and then had our first baby before our first anniversary (although she was a premmie!).

Yep - that's how most people fall in love (although hopefully most people don't take as long as Sam and Jack and me and my hubby!! Tee Hee :-) )

nell
September 7th, 2005, 08:23 PM

Sounds like a love story to me!!! Aw, Joe, you are too much!!!! One minute I'm mad at your seeming insensitivity and the next minute I wanna share Ben & Jerry's with ya!!! :D :rolleyes: :D