PDA

View Full Version : Sam Carter/Jack O'Neill Ship Appreciation Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 [48] 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57

Myrth
September 1st, 2005, 08:06 AM
Wow... bit of an overreaction going on from some people.....

Not to go against the grain, but I wanted to voice a defence. Amanda has an opinion based on her perspective of the show, which is completely different from ours. I wouldn't be too quick to jump on her, probably why she's a little tired of the ship. In her shoes I'd be up to .. well damned if you do damned if you don't... but anyway. There's a whole rant I could go on about people not taking the entire situation into account, but I won't, sufficed to say I think I get why Amanda is feeling the way she is about the issue.

That's actually an old quote, I've read it before, from before s7 ended if I remember rightly, so I don't think it's in reference to the current state of the show at all, but from a time when Amanda was being heavily criticised over the Pete story line.

All things are about perspective, and people's opinions differ. Plus that's all it was. At least she takes the time to think about her character and care... many actors don't. I don't think the ship is in danger at all, and I don't think Amanda is opposed to it at all, she just puts some thought into it, much like fanfic .... so happy thoughts!!

:)

Catysg1
September 1st, 2005, 08:16 AM
(((Myrth))) If it is an old quote , then it's OK ..I thought she just revealed that after season 8 !!!
Anyway still fed up with the show itself and the messing around with a beautiful ship . didn't need to be that way specially off screen ..I think they still could talk about Jack a bit more often because he was and still is the soul of the show ,,Not nice to not mention the star of the show even if the STAR in question wanted to leave . Jack/RDA made SG1 what it was .

Caty :)

BrenRen
September 1st, 2005, 08:25 AM
(((Myrth))) If it is an old quote , then it's OK ..I thought she just revealed that after season 8 !!!
Anyway still fed up with the show itself and the messing around with a beautiful ship . didn't need to be that way specially off screen ..I think they still could talk about Jack a bit more often because he was and still is the soul of the show ,,Not nice to not mention the star of the show even if the STAR in question wanted to leave . Jack/RDA made SG1 what it was .

I'm with you Caty... and you too, Poz!

I am an actress... and granted, I'm a die-hard (read 'pathetic') romantic who will find ship in anything and everything... or I just won't watch... But... I really don't get that statement from AT. It is just baffling. Even if it's an old comment, which would make is slightly forgivable, it still flies directly in the face of everything we have seen in the Ship over eight flipping years. And this time, I mean "flipping" as much literally as a substitute expletive.

At the end of the day, though, I'm still gonna be finishing Sam & Jack's story in fic... Sans la spudly duck, and they'll be living *very* happily ever after. And the best part is, it's only subject to my and my readers interpretation. So the actors' opinions really don't have any bearing on *my* ship whatsoever.

Long live FanFic!

And Sam & Jack ARE together. Forever. Always.

End of story.

(oh, yes, and [/RANT] too!)

Lord Zedd
September 1st, 2005, 08:30 AM
sueKay I just noticed your signature :eek: you don't like vala??what a shame :( In the beginning I didn't like her that much but I have ground acustemed on her. She was somewhat like a rookie what made it fun shame you don't like her. Well it is your opinion and I respect that.

Can somebody fill me in about Amanda Tapping comments?? What is it about? :confused:
My exams today were really hard !! I think I didn't do so good :(

Catysg1
September 1st, 2005, 09:20 AM
(((Brenren ))) I 'm just so happy I have other shows to watch and got really passionate in them too to keep my mind away from SG1 sam and Jack . I;m not even counting the days season 9 airs in the UK ..that shows how fed up I'm with the show right now . :(

and who likes James Blunt ? :D I have a few tracks ( James Blunt) ready for my LOST videos and I will get into it right now :)

See you all later :)

and power to fanfics and long live Sam and Jack ship ;)

Lord Zedd
September 1st, 2005, 09:23 AM
I like Jams Blunt his music style. He is quitte good. Well got to go back studying.

Oma-1
September 1st, 2005, 09:31 AM
Unfortunately it's not an old quote - it's Oct 2005 Dreamwatch and it talks about the changes S9 has wrought for Carter, her character development over the last 8 seasons and about AT missing the first few eps and being a new mum.

I took the Jack/Sam comments to be light-hearted and not to be taken too seriously. The article made a big deal out of what she said and ran with it as sub-titles and pic text and imo blew it up completely out of proportion. They talked about :eek: and made the point that Carter's relationships had been focussed on a lot in the last couple of seasons. Amanda could have been sick to death of the ship questions and was being flippant. We just don't know. To be honest, I don't usually read Dreamwatch or any of the sci-fi mags (I was killing time at the hairdressers :p ) for precisely this reason. Interviews are all well and good, but the reporter will always write their interpretation of it.

So I'm gonna put this out of my mind, enjoy eating my shipper cookies dunked in my purple jello washed down with lashings of Dr Shippers, while chanting not exactly and grinning manically. :D :D

nickatell
September 1st, 2005, 10:01 AM
You know I went to the Chicago Convention last year and AT was there. Before she came on stage they played that video of Stargate and when Sam and Jack kissed the whole room echoed of clapping and squeeing. (Remember too that Season 7 had finished and Season 8 was in the early stages then.) When AT came on she was talking about how she didn't like what was happening with the engagement to Pete and how she even went to RC to voice her disapproval. Now, at first I took that to mean that she didn't mind being with Pete as far as dating was concerned but that the engagement was simply too much and way to soon; but she continued to say (something to the effect of) "what about the other guy" and once again the room was filled with cheers. At that time I have to say that I was kind of surprised because like all of you I had heard more often than not that AT was not totally on board with the ship. Now if AT made these comments even then, they still don't make any sense to me, why fight for Jack with RC if you don't want to be associated with him??

Truthfully, I think that after the whole Pete IMO fiasco I think she probably is tired of "relationship" talk but that said, when I think of what makes up the character of Sam I think, intelligience as a scientist and all its technobabble, a loyal, dedicated soldier, a loving daughter, a good friend, and what makes up her softer side is her trust, respect, and love for Jack. So, IMO to deny Jack would be like denying that she is intelligient or to deny that she is a loyal soldier, it would be simply unbelievable. The best part of the Sam and Jack relationship isn't that one detracts from the other but that it supports what makes them who they are.

LOL4JACK
September 1st, 2005, 10:01 AM
Complelty agree with OMA, we should move on... We know TPTB are shippers, they have more to say in the ship :p and they are keeping us happy...if AT doesn't like Jack then I know who does... and in Oma's words :p

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y219/cmb1009/Jack/OMAsJack.jpg

Token
September 1st, 2005, 10:21 AM
Unfortunately it's not an old quote - it's Oct 2005 Dreamwatch and it talks about the changes S9 has wrought for Carter, her character development over the last 8 seasons and about AT missing the first few eps and being a new mum.

I took the Jack/Sam comments to be light-hearted and not to be taken too seriously. The article made a big deal out of what she said and ran with it as sub-titles and pic text and imo blew it up completely out of proportion. They talked about :eek: and made the point that Carter's relationships had been focussed on a lot in the last couple of seasons. Amanda could have been sick to death of the ship questions and was being flippant. We just don't know. To be honest, I don't usually read Dreamwatch or any of the sci-fi mags (I was killing time at the hairdressers :p ) for precisely this reason. Interviews are all well and good, but the reporter will always write their interpretation of it.

So I'm gonna put this out of my mind, enjoy eating my shipper cookies dunked in my purple jello washed down with lashings of Dr Shippers, while chanting not exactly and grinning manically. :D :D

To me, this is just another "who knows how to take it" article. What fascinates me is that DreamWatch knows what sells!! What did they chose to hype in the mag?? THE ship!! Whether pro or con, the Sam and Jack ship sells magazines, DVDs, and the show itself. People can deny it, but it doesn't change the truth! Personally, I think that if Sam ever had a taste of Jack, she would never go back!! And if she did, there would be plenty of women to pick up the slack. :p Of course, AT didn't say for how long the "sexual relationship" would last so I give it at least 40 years, heck, 50 years (gotta make the golden anniversary)! ;)

galaxy
September 1st, 2005, 10:32 AM
Complelty agree with OMA, we should move on... We know TPTB are shippers, they have more to say in the ship :p and they are keeping us happy...if AT doesn't like Jack then I know who does... and in Oma's words :p

Hahahahaha...Love it! So funny...and so true! :D

Like I said, I don't see a reason to be concerned about this.
AT's opinion, no matter if we agree with her or not, doesn't mean anything for the ship.
And it looks not exactlybad for the ship...so don't worry, shippers! :D

LOL4JACK
September 1st, 2005, 10:36 AM
Very wise Token and you are right, the ship always sells, that is why there is always the ship question in any interview... even with TPTB.

I've found this scan of an RDA article earlier this year, it's a french magazine and it was for the end of S8, I would need a French speaking fellow shipper to translate the ship question and response.

From RDA-Forever
http://www.rda-forever.com/Galleries/picture.php?cat=32&image_id=3489
http://www.rda-forever.com/Galleries/picture.php?cat=32&image_id=3490

RDA, says that the ship is "amusant" meaning...

adj. amusing, entertaining; funny, enjoyable; humorous, humous; lovely

With that he already has my heart :p

But overall what he says is that they like to keep the ship open, because it is good to keep the mystery and intrigue elements in a show :p that they still had a lot to explore and with luck they could do it in an interesting and original way.

IMHO that is what they have done over the past 8 years, BTS, D&C, LC.... so if they keep it like that, I'm happy and as somebody in this thread said....

The ship ain't over yet :p

Oma-1
September 1st, 2005, 10:55 AM
when I think of what makes up the character of Sam I think, intelligience as a scientist and all its technobabble, a loyal, dedicated soldier, a loving daughter, a good friend, and what makes up her softer side is her trust, respect, and love for Jack. So, IMO to deny Jack would be like denying that she is intelligient or to deny that she is a loyal soldier, it would be simply unbelievable. The best part of the Sam and Jack relationship isn't that one detracts from the other but that it supports what makes them who they are.

Brilliantly put (((Nickatell)))

To me, this is just another "who knows how to take it" article. What fascinates me is that DreamWatch knows what sells!! What did they chose to hype in the mag?? THE ship!! Whether pro or con, the Sam and Jack ship sells magazines, DVDs, and the show itself. People can deny it, but it doesn't change the truth! Personally, I think that if Sam ever had a taste of Jack, she would never go back!! And if she did, there would be plenty of women to pick up the slack. Of course, AT didn't say for how long the "sexual relationship" would last so I give it at least 40 years, heck, 50 years (gotta make the golden anniversary)!

Ship sure does sell! Look at all the fuss we make about it! Add to that the fuss the anti-shippers make and that's a huge market right there - without even counting the sci-fi fans :p

50 years? Is that all???? Surely they could have a little talk with the *real* Oma and ascend together - that way they could have eternity together :D :p

sueKay
September 1st, 2005, 10:55 AM
Woo hoo!!!

(note - off topic)

My site's in the top 25 of the chevron 26 topsites!!!!!!!! yay!!!!!!!

please please please vote - http://s3.invisionfree.com/Stargate_Intel - just scroll to the bottom of the left hand menus and click on the graphic :D

As for AT's comments...as I've said...she changes her mind so often, I don't really bother with her interviews.

florence
September 1st, 2005, 11:24 AM
3rd try to post something... GW doesn't like me today... :S

I've translated the question and reply in the article LOL4JACK was talking about. I hope it's not too bad... :o

"Q : What's your position about the story between Jack and Sam ? And about fans despairing to see something happening between them ? Does that bother you ?
R : Life is too short to get bothered by these kind of things ! (laughs) But it's funny. In retrospect, I don't remember too well because stories are developped and made without me being conscious of it... not that I'm conscious of anything actually ! (laughs)
But I'm even less conscious about what's happening there, behind these closed doors. It's fine to keep some elements of mystery and intrigue... Even if these are words a bit too strong in this context ! (Laughs)
But we don't know yet what will happen between Jack and Sam...
Robert Cooper even came one day and asked me what I thought should happen between Sam and Jack, but he blamed himself to have asked me ! (Laughs)
We don't know yet, we are not sure. Actually, there are only two solutions : they get together or not. But there are a lot of melodramatic possibilities to explore and with a bit of luck, we'll do it in an interesting and original way that will satisfy everyone...
However, there are possibilities that not everyone will be happy ! It doesn't work like that."

*crosses fingers hoping that it will work this time*

Nikki
September 1st, 2005, 11:25 AM
Sorry i missed what exactly was said in this article by amanda tapping, could someone PLEASE let me know. Thanks. :)

And i totally agree with what all of you have said, ship definetly sells and it will always be there because the writers have spent 8 years building it up, so they can't just get rid of it. It wouldn't make any sense. :S

Edit: Thanks Folrence!

Cathain Nottingham
September 1st, 2005, 11:26 AM
As for AT's comments...as I've said...she changes her mind so often, I don't really bother with her interviews.

I agree Sue - not so much that AT changes her mind but come on ladies - she's a new mother! I think her feelings towards work, character relationships and life have changed dramatically over the past few months.

Oma-1
September 1st, 2005, 11:35 AM
I posted the quote here (http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost.php?p=4470475&postcount=11672) for anyone who missed it.

((((Florence)))) Thanks for the translation. We don't see you here often enough these days :( ;)

sueKay
September 1st, 2005, 11:48 AM
Oma - Florence was on her hols...I've got the postcard to prove it!

(but not a scanner to scan it with)

florence
September 1st, 2005, 12:03 PM
I posted the quote here (http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost.php?p=4470475&postcount=11672) for anyone who missed it.

((((Florence)))) Thanks for the translation. We don't see you here often enough these days :( ;)

(((Oma)))
I was on holidays (came back sunday evening). Since then, I've been lurking... I have not seen the S9 eps yet and I try to stay spoiler free about them (though I know about "Not really" :D )

minigeek
September 1st, 2005, 12:42 PM
Ok. So I have this theory. No one here at work is as rabid a shipper as I am, therefore I haven't really been able to discuss it properly.

I think Sam and Jack are already together in the minds of the producers. I think it's far more a matter of when and how that revelation will be made, than if. In my humble opinion, they're being as vague as possible largely because of Robert's ambivelance. But at some point, I truly believe they'll bite the bullet on this, because I don't think they have any plans at all to break-up nine years of emotional character development for either Carter, or O'Neill. And that's what they would be doing, if they moved either one of them on (to someone else) in a flippant way.

Because I feel that way, I have to admit, I'm really not worried about Sam/Jack becoming a non-canon issue. I don't doubt it'll happen. I just wish it would happen sooner than later. :p

So from a canon point of view, it's probably in the producer's best interests not to say much about Sam's emotional story this season, given that since she is involved with Jack, they'd have to delve into that plotline and obviously they're not ready for that. I'm sure they also want to see if they can get Rick to come back for some of that, too. Though it looks like we might have to wait for season ten. I wouldn't even mind that, if it meant we'd get a genuine story from it. In fact, I'd almost rather see something real and substantial happen between the Sam and Jack characters (in a season ten scenario), than to have something like a "gloss-over" afterthought appear in passing dialogue during season nine.

To me, the lack of explicit Sam/Jack also seems to indicate that they're hoping (and expecting) Rick to come back for those stories at some point as well. Therefore they're not 'wasting' them while he's unavailable to participate in the storylines.

So I have a lot of hope for the future of Sam and Jack. I really, really do!

http://minigeek.net/random/aa2.jpghttp://minigeek.net/random/aa5.jpg

MG

smea
September 1st, 2005, 12:59 PM
Ok. So I have this theory. No one here at work is as rabid a shipper as I am, therefore I haven't really been able to discuss it properly.

I think Sam and Jack are already together in the minds of the producers. I think it's far more a matter of when and how that revelation will be made, than if. In my humble opinion, they're being as vague as possible largely because of Robert's ambivelance. But at some point, I truly believe they'll bite the bullet on this, because I don't think they have any plans at all to break-up nine years of emotional character development for either Carter, or O'Neill. And that's what they would be doing, if they moved either one of them on (to someone else) in a flippant way.

Because I feel that way, I have to admit, I'm really not worried about Sam/Jack becoming a non-canon issue. I don't doubt it'll happen. I just wish it would happen sooner than later. :p

So from a canon point of view, it's probably in the producer's best interests not to say much about Sam's emotional story this season, given that since she is involved with Jack, they'd have to delve into that plotline and obviously they're not ready for that. I'm sure they also want to see if they can get Rick to come back for some of that, too. Though it looks like we might have to wait for season ten. I wouldn't even mind that, if it meant we'd get a genuine story from it. In fact, I'd almost rather see something real and substantial happen between the Sam and Jack characters (in a season ten scenario), than to have something like a "gloss-over" afterthought appear in passing dialogue during season nine.

To me, the lack of explicit Sam/Jack also seems to indicate that they're hoping (and expecting) Rick to come back for those stories at some point as well. Therefore they're not 'wasting' them while he's unavailable to participate in the storylines.

So I have a lot of hope for the future of Sam and Jack. I really, really do!

Wise words! And I hope you're right...
Hm... and I agree with you; if we have to wait for S10 for a sensible and believable conclusion, I guess I'd be willing to wait for it. Especially if it means they get RDA back :p

Although... For me to wait... and be real pleased...It'd have to be really good :D

singergirl
September 1st, 2005, 01:31 PM
Just popping in for some canon FA, as i tend to do from time to time.

Wonderwall WP
http://photobucket.com/albums/v648/want2sing85/fanart%20and%20mods/th_wonderwall_samandjack.jpg (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v648/want2sing85/fanart%20and%20mods/wonderwall_samandjack.jpg)
Avies (including the one in my siggy)
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v648/want2sing85/fanart%20and%20mods/avatars/samandjack.jpg http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v648/want2sing85/fanart%20and%20mods/avatars/Animation3.gif http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v648/want2sing85/fanart%20and%20mods/avatars/cmmereavie.gif

sueKay
September 1st, 2005, 02:25 PM
Singergirl - VERY nice :D

dmovies
September 1st, 2005, 02:39 PM
AGENT BARRET: So you are single again
CARTER: not exactly !!!

:eek: eek: :D :D I am right now watching ex deus machina and I just saw that scene !!! :D:D:D I so knew it :D
When I was watching that episode, and she said 'not exactly' I literally had goose bumps. I thought, yes, this is it. I thought we were going to get some kind of closure, something, anything. But of course that was it. Think about this relationship from a girl's point of view, he flirted, teased, and acted very interested in her for 8 long years. Then she breaks her engagement, he's free to have a relationship with her and he leaves town. I'd have felt like a fool, and if that's how it turns out, I won't be a Jack or RDA fan anymore. I actually had a relationship like that, and it ended where they've left the Sam and Jack characters right now. It really hurt and it left me feeling the fool. I haven't seen this man in 28 years and I still try to avoid thinking about him. I sincerely hope they don't end the ship this way. Much too much like real life and it really makes him look like a miserable individual.

HailDorothy
September 1st, 2005, 02:42 PM
Hey, Shippers,

Like MG, I’ve been quiet and I agree with her one hundred percent! No doubt some of you will wish I’d stayed in my corner and kept my fat lips shut. Forgive me, if I run amuck and repeat myself, but I’ve no time to edit this litany of HailDorothy’s rants on Jack and Sam.

As a published sci-fi/fantasy/romance novelist, I know no matter what the entertainment genre, SHIPS sells. Moreover, that it doesn’t matter a hill of beans if its books, plays, movies or TV series. Let’s face it, no matter how perverted even, ‘Silence of the Lambs,’ had ship. “Claries!” LOL And here’s the clincher, folks, the moment the SHIP sails off into the sunset, the story ends, so does that sellable product.

To keep a market viable TPTB have to market their product in a way that keeps the majority of loyal viewers happy and TPTB behind SG-1 know that equation. True, as a diehard shipper, I’d have loved to seen every episode J/S centered. Who here wouldn’t? However, that’s not reality. I’m just happy we’ve gotten what we’ve had so far, and I believe that Robert Cooper and the other producers will give us a happy resolution to J/S. Why? Because they’d be slitting their own throats and the future of the series, if they did. SHIP SELLS. For SG-1 the SHIP was never Daniel/Shaira or now Vala, (yuck) its J/S. Always has been.

On the other side of the coin, if they give us what we want now, what would be the reason to keep watching? None. Especially if J/S are the sole reason you watch SG. TPTB weren’t born yesterday and that’s why this show has managed to have 8 successful seasons. True, I believe Jack is the heart and soul of the show and yes, they do him a disservice not mentioning him in EVERY EPISODE! And that’s not just the shipper in me venting. Despite the great supportive cast, I believe RDA made Stargate SG-1 the success it’s become.

However just like all good books must end, so must some TV series. I admit that as a selfish shipper, I’d have been happy with Moebius ending the series. Like wow! They went fishing! I’ve got a huge imagination and no problem with that sweet ending, coz I let my mind do the rest. VBG

So where was I? Oh, I am exhausted from all the negativity about the lack of ship this season and that TPTB aren’t giving us anything, and won’t give us closure on J/S. For Petty sakes get a life, folks. Stop seeing the glass half empty. If you care to look, the glass has been full for years. On the downside, I fear that boycotting S9 will not get us what we want, Jack and Sam together as a couple, preferably married in my world.

Would I rather see RDA in every episode? Yeah sure yabetcha! Heck, I’m not even a Daniel fan. Although I refused to watch S9 until Sam returned, I’ve taped every episode and have now watched them all and glad I did.

Before you all nod off or throw rotten tomatoes . . .Anyone who knows me and that I write J/S fan fic knows I’ve shipped for J/S since Carter waltzed into the briefing room and turned Jack O’Neill’s world upside down. That has to be one of the hottest IMHO first encounter ship scenes ever. The sexual tension, not to mention head games between them still makes me grin.

Jack’s antics and expressions were priceless. The poor guy had been the victim of a love-at-first-sight collision. In addition, when he said, “Oh, I adore you already, Captain.” That wasn’t sarcasm, but how he’d honestly felt. He’d been smitten.

Finally, I have it from a trustworthy source, who must remain nameless, that the J/S SHIP wasn’t a fly by night idea. But I assume that’s something you all already knew. The ship canon as launched from the start and RDA endorsed it. He has always and continues to be a J/S shipper, but realized that ship was not the centralized plot of the show. I know whether it’s S9 or S10 there will be a happy resolution for Jack and Sam. If not, slap me, Rosy, and I will never speak to my source of said happy tidings ever, ever again! And he/she knows it!

I know there will always be reasons to see the glass half empty and differences of opinions, all which I respect. But that said let's try and be more positive and upbeat. Really, we have enough negative stuff in our lives. I for one have friends in Mississippi who wish their only concern was J/S ship.

Always,
HailDorothy aka HDorothy

cafine_us
September 1st, 2005, 02:43 PM
I'm sure Sam and Jack still see a lot of each other, what with the Prometheus' beaming tech. Just because they don't live together doesn't mean they're not having a relationship.

stargate barbie
September 1st, 2005, 03:08 PM
i think AT reaction to those questions varies from time to time, and probably for very good reasons, i.e. how many questions she's had to deal with about it in a given time. OR, it could be as simple as, she just changes her answer everytime she gets asked the same question. i once heard an interview with courtney cox, and she was asked whether she got sick of answering the same questions over and over again, and she responded by saying that she just kept herself entertained by changing the answer every time.

for all we know this could be paraphrasing by the writer of the arcticle, or it could be different parts of different interviews just pieced together and this COULD be an old quote. or TPTB could get the actors to answer certain questions that are guaranteed to come up, in different ways so as to throw people of the scent of where they're going. remember the AT quote regarding an idyllic dream sequence for last year that i'm pretty sure nobody saw?

there could be any number of answers to this whole thing.
personally i think that AT is really a shipper, albeit a casual one, who would be happy enough if s&j ended up together as long as it didn't become the most important thing about her character.

i know that thats what i want. i'm a shipper, and a huge one at that (not physically ;) ) but it was never the most important thing about those characters to me.
for all we know AT's answers regarding ship could be dependant upon whether she's had an argument with RDA or not that day. who knows!?

all i know is, that it would make no sense for them to burst the happy ship bubble. RDA is not on the show, so they don't have to have it so obviously present, most shippers would be happy in the knowlege that they are together, and get the occasional line in passing to inspire many a fanfic. we'd know its there, anti's wouldn't need to deal with it. nobody loses.

bursting the ship bubble would make about as much sense as chimera or affinity.

should i put spoilers in there? cos i'm not too sure.

long post though huh?

well done anyone who actually managed to read that, cos i wrote it and I didn't read it.

stargate barbie
September 1st, 2005, 03:27 PM
i kinda want to ask joe about the latest rumblings, and if, god forbid, they are contemplating a set up for some sam/cam goings on other than friendship, but i'm scared. i've never asked joe anything and i'd say he's probably sick to death of ship questions of any form.

by the by, haven't seen any S9 so that sam/cam thing is just pure paranoid thinking on my part.

sueKay
September 1st, 2005, 03:31 PM
(note - my brain is officially fried...I'll come back when I have something constructive and inspired)

Linda, Cookie Monster - brilliant posts!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Somnium
September 1st, 2005, 03:33 PM
Wow some really stong points of view coming out here! And a lot of valid points! Some I agree with and others I dont. Im not really one for getting all deep and meaningful but Id like to think of myself as a 'glass half full' person. I really hope that at some point this ship has a destination (as opposed to sinking on route), but at the moment Im just enjoying the voyage and hoping the scenery remains colourful (am watching with those rose tinted glasses which helps :D ). So lets stay positive folks and remember if you dont like what you hear, then just ignore it and make up your own version (thats what fic is for ;) ).

(((((((((((shipper family))))))))))

Go to your happy place ;) :o :) :D

HailDorothy
September 1st, 2005, 03:37 PM
(note - my brain is officially fried...I'll come back when I have something constructive and inspired)

Funny, I always thought you were the "Over-easy," type myself. :p

Linda, who really can't believe you read my entire post and only came out fried. :D

UhSir
September 1st, 2005, 04:20 PM
HailDorothy,
Excellent post.

One of the things we shippers need to do is stop asking the PTB for advance information on the ship. That is what most of this frustration is about. They don't give clear information and we interpret it in so many ways then nothing comes out as we thought and everybody is peeved in the end.

I am a shipper that will still watch the show even after the ship is resolved, provided the show maintains the level of intelligence that it has had all of these years.

Billie
September 1st, 2005, 04:20 PM
Hey HailDorothy *waves* you're here - YAY!!!!!!!!

Hows things? Thanks for your email will write you tomorrow!

sg-1fanintn
September 1st, 2005, 04:23 PM
I'm sorry, perhaps I really shouldn't have said anything at all until I had a chance to get a hold of the magazine. I was just really surprised and wondered what on earth was going on. I hoped someone else might have heard something. Apparently not.

Please blame sleep deprivation-I'm trying to get my PhD thesis finished in a very short space of time.
Oh, don’t think a thing about it. You did the right thing in sharing. Worrying is what we do best! And one thing is for sure—this topic certainly sparked a lot of insightful posting today!

I took the Jack/Sam comments to be light-hearted and not to be taken too seriously. The article made a big deal out of what she said and ran with it as sub-titles and pic text and imo blew it up completely out of proportion. They talked about :eek: and made the point that Carter's relationships had been focused on a lot in the last couple of seasons. Amanda could have been sick to death of the ship questions and was being flippant. We just don't know. To be honest, I don't usually read Dreamwatch or any of the sci-fi mags (I was killing time at the hairdressers :p ) for precisely this reason. Interviews are all well and good, but the reporter will always write their interpretation of it.
Oma is right (Actually, I can’t think of a time in my five months here that Oma hasn’t been right). AT may have made a light-hearted comment, and the reporter took it and blew it up out of proportion (or the editor did) because they recognized that as the sentence that would catch the attention of anyone leafing through it at the news stand…..and would ultimately sell the magazine. I choose to remember what we heard about AT’s comments from Comic Con. Some of our folks actually witnessed those and reported back to us here. We don’t know the reporter who wrote the Dreamwatch article!

To me, this is just another "who knows how to take it" article. What fascinates me is that DreamWatch knows what sells!! What did they chose to hype in the mag?? THE ship!! Whether pro or con, the Sam and Jack ship sells magazines, DVDs, and the show itself. People can deny it, but it doesn't change the truth! Personally, I think that if Sam ever had a taste of Jack, she would never go back!! And if she did, there would be plenty of women to pick up the slack. :p Of course, AT didn't say for how long the "sexual relationship" would last so I give it at least 40 years, heck, 50 years (gotta make the golden anniversary)! ;)
Absolutely---what she said!!!!! And as to the “taste of Jack” comment, where does the line form? Dibs on the spot right behind Sam!!!!!
I think Sam and Jack are already together in the minds of the producers. I think it's far more a matter of when and how that revelation will be made, than if. In my humble opinion, they're being as vague as possible largely because of Robert's ambivelance. But at some point, I truly believe they'll bite the bullet on this, because I don't think they have any plans at all to break-up nine years of emotional character development for either Carter, or O'Neill. And that's what they would be doing, if they moved either one of them on (to someone else)
I do too. They’re just waiting for what they decide is the “right” moment to reveal it. And weren’t the words, “major revelation” used in referring to Crusade and Camelot? I’m just saying……

nell
September 1st, 2005, 04:25 PM
Well, I feel better for the most part. I am rather disappointed at AT's comments, but after all she is getting paid to portray a character. The fact that she may not totally support the ship is irrelevant at this point (I guess), as it is left up to TPTB, but it would make it sweeter if she wanted them to be together too.

So, I'm going to go with what Samantha Carter said "not exactly" and what Jack O'Neill said, "always" and not worry what Amanda Tapping said.

As far as I am concerned, Jack and Sam are together; their relationship is a mature one based on mutual respect and admiration and that's all there is to it...

I agree with your viewpoint!!! AT is entitled to her opinion but she does not write the scripts. Rest assured, there has been too much set into motion for too long for it to resolve in anything less than a relationship!!! So, I am confident that Our Ship will come in!! ;)

stargate barbie
September 1st, 2005, 04:35 PM
to be honest, i really don't put much if any faith in what gets printed in those mags. i stopped buying them even before i was a gater because of the reliability or lack thereof with their "information". the majority of these things take something that was said as a joke and turn it into a big serious deal, or paraphrase comments to the liking of the interviewer/editor and make them what they want. celebrities are so often misquoted or have their words taken completely out of context.

personally i still love AT, and have never heard a bad word spoken about her by anybody who has ever met her, and even if she were sick of the ship, or changed her mind about it or whatever, i'd still be a huge fan, and even that would not mean anything in terms of the outcome of any such storyline.

season 9 speculative my only real concern would be that coop is directing and writing and producing the last couple of eps, and i'm not really sure where he stands with the ship. having said that he did give us some great shippy stuff, i.e, the lost city, threads, moebius etc.

HailDorothy
September 1st, 2005, 04:37 PM
HailDorothy,
Excellent post.

One of the things we shippers need to do is stop asking the PTB for advance information on the ship.

I am a shipper that will still watch the show even after the ship is resolved, provided the show maintains the level of intelligence that it has had all of these years.

Thanks, UhSir,

I agree with your point of view. We love to make muchado about nothing. Even if we don't always agree. Asking the PTB for advance intel is like asking an author to give away the ending of her book before it's published. Kinda defeats the purpose of publishing. And really kills the sales numbers!

And I too will continue to watch the show as long . . . you so nicely put it. :D

HailDorothy
September 1st, 2005, 04:40 PM
[QUOTE=Billie]Hey HailDorothy *waves* you're here - YAY!!!!!!!!

Hi, there, Billie! BIG WAVE!!! Actually fighting off another wave of headaches....haaaaa get it wave of . . .Oh, I really need to get a life! :eek:

And you better write!!! Heeeeee!

stargate barbie
September 1st, 2005, 04:55 PM
Thanks, UhSir,

I agree with your point of view. We love to make muchado about nothing. Even if we don't always agree. Asking the PTB for advance intel is like asking an author to give away the ending of her book before it's published. Kinda defeats the purpose of publishing. And really kills the sales numbers!

And I too will continue to watch the show as long . . . you so nicely put it. :D
i'm one of those people who will occasionally read the last page to see if the book's worth reading/buying.

i'm not saying i wouldn't watch the show if sam and jack were to break up but it would really make me question if the show was worth watching. if they could do that then just think of what other horrible things they could do. and especially after all that build up, to hit a flat note right at the cresendo (wrong spelling, i know). of course this is purely theoretical because JM would never let this happen. right? right?!

sg-1fanintn
September 1st, 2005, 05:05 PM
i'm one of those people who will occasionally read the last page to see if the book's worth reading/buying.

i'm not saying i wouldn't watch the show if sam and jack were to break up but it would really make me question if the show was worth watching. if they could do that then just think of what other horrible things they could do. and especially after all that build up, to hit a flat note right at the cresendo (wrong spelling, i know). of course this is purely theoretical because JM would never let this happen. right? right?!

After all this time, and all the build-up and innuendo, it would be a tremendous disappointment if Sam and Jack didn't end up together! Nell mentioned the Moonlighting ship. That one finally came in, but sank like a stone because the show handled it so poorly. If our TPTB would just let Sam and Jack be committed to each other and really acknowledge it, it would make it easier to go along with their new ideas. If this one worry were settled, it would be much simpler to go forward with these guys!

nell
September 1st, 2005, 05:08 PM
personally i still love AT, and have never heard a bad word spoken about her by anybody who has ever met her, and even if she were sick of the ship, or changed her mind about it or whatever, i'd still be a huge fan, and even that would not mean anything in terms of the outcome of any such storyline.

Ditto! I've never been to a con but I've read transcripts and AT comes across as genuine and very likable!! No matter what her personal opinions about the Ship, she is a class actress and plays the part as scripted with the nuances that only she can deliver. I also like how she's been reliable with her 'spoilers' about Sam and Jack! ;)

Cathain Nottingham
September 1st, 2005, 05:09 PM
After all this time, and all the build-up and innuendo, it would be a tremendous disappointment if Sam and Jack didn't end up together! Nell mentioned the Moonlighting ship. That one finally came in, but sank like a stone because the show handled it so poorly. If our TPTB would just let Sam and Jack be committed to each other and really acknowledge it, it would make it easier to go along with their new ideas. If this one worry were settled, it would be much simpler to go forward with these guys!

Hey let's not forget I Dream of Jeannie what a crash and burn after Jeannie and the good Major got together. Lets face it - the UST / "not exactly"'s keep us going!

sg-1fanintn
September 1st, 2005, 05:10 PM
By the way, have you seen the news? The fans won the battle of the opening credits! I believe a lot of people on this thread will be glad to read this!

http://www.gateworld.net/news/2005/09/scifitoreinstatefull-lengt.shtml

gwenhwyfar
September 1st, 2005, 05:21 PM
WOW! I haven't read or posted since early yesterday morning, I come back and everything is hectic! I sure missed a lot. Glad things have calmed down.

Welcome to all the new people!

sjcon- This was a while back but, PhD thesis! Wow! "sigh" Something I have to look forward to. Actually I want to get two PhDs.

galaxy- I (unfortunately) looked at the 'punishment' photo for shelsfc and Oma. That is cruel! No one should have to see that!

About AT's new/old view on ship: As someone said, she has had this issue about Sam being concidered 'Jack's Girl'. I personally don't know why she would think people would think of Sam that way concidering who the character is (2IC of SG-1, most knowledge of Stargate and Astrophysics, strong woman).

stargate barbie
September 1st, 2005, 05:26 PM
i firmly believe that they are already together. and i really can't see tptb having them break up. not after nearly 8 years of them being in love. one would think that after all that time of getting to know one another and falling in love and staying in love after all they've been through, that they would know before they officially got together if they'd be better suited as friends. thats why, as much as i've been burned by events such as those that took place in affinity, i have faith in tptb to not screw this up.
believe me, even though i was a shipper pretty much from the get go, i was still afraid that they would give s/j moonlighting syndrome, but i feel now that they have for the most part done a good enough job over the last 8+ years of handling the shippy aspects of the show, with one obvious exception, and that they will do an equally good job in the future.

i think that sam and jack are together now and for always. i'm pretty sure JM wont let us down. as long as we don't p!$$ him off between now and the end of the show. :D

stargate barbie
September 1st, 2005, 05:35 PM
WOW! I haven't read or posted since early yesterday morning, I come back and everything is hectic! I sure missed a lot. Glad things have calmed down.

sjcon- This was a while back but, PhD thesis! Wow! "sigh" Something I have to look forward to. Actually I want to get two PhDs.

galaxy- I (unfortunately) looked at the 'punishment' photo for shelsfc and Oma. That is cruel! No one should have to see that!

About AT's new/old view on ship: As someone said, she has had this issue about Sam being concidered 'Jack's Girl'. I personally don't know why she would think people would think of Sam that way concidering who the character is (2IC of SG-1, most knowledge of Stargate and Astrophysics, strong woman).
unfortunately some people do think about female characters as {insert male characters name}'s girl, and little else. and some writers write them as such. we've been very fortunate so far that SG-1's writers seem to be able to do as good a job with writing for women as they do for men, with very few exceptions most of which were limited to season 1, and very very few of them were to do with sam's character.

and as for the "punishment pic", i myself couldn't last 3 seconds looking at it, nevermind 3 minutes. that was cruel and worthy of red dings and by golly galaxy is lucky that i don't red ding!

:mad:

if anyone is wondering about why i'm posting so much all of a sudden BTW, i'm getting it out of my system before i don't have time to anymore. :eek:

Zeon
September 1st, 2005, 05:43 PM
Spoiler ahead for Ex Deus Machina
In Ex Deus Machina Agent Barets(SP?) asked Carter some questions about Pete during a stakeout and she says they broke up...then he asks Carter if she's single again..and her reply is "Not exactly"

scjon
September 1st, 2005, 05:45 PM

I think I'll just stick to the one PhD. Thanks though. Slightly stressed at the moment ....I wonder if anyone has ever done a thesis on Stargate??

I agree with you re portrayal of Sam. If she was simply some kind of ornament rather than an integral part of SG1, then I could see why AT would feel like that. But then she's being playing Sam for nine years and is naturally very protective of her character. In all the DVD extras stuff I've seen I get the impression that RDA is a shipper. But then I also get the feeling that he loved the fact that his job included kissing AT. The two things may be linked, I feel....

Still, I'm glad the Dreamwatch thing has been resolved. Our ship will sail/come in-albeit eventually.....

stargate barbie
September 1st, 2005, 06:04 PM
I think I'll just stick to the one PhD. Thanks though. Slightly stressed at the moment ....I wonder if anyone has ever done a thesis on Stargate??

I agree with you re portrayal of Sam. If she was simply some kind of ornament rather than an integral part of SG1, then I could see why AT would feel like that. But then she's being playing Sam for nine years and is naturally very protective of her character. In all the DVD extras stuff I've seen I get the impression that RDA is a shipper. But then I also get the feeling that he loved the fact that his job included kissing AT. The two things may be linked, I feel....

Still, I'm glad the Dreamwatch thing has been resolved. Our ship will sail/come in-albeit eventually.....
RDA likes kissing AT? what could possibly give you that idea. your powers of observation are truely astounding. i never would have thought that, i mean its not like either of them are even the slightest bit attractive. and you say this could be linked to him liking the ship eh? hmmmm...
:D ;)

P.S, don't think i could ever manage to do a PhD, although i'd love to do a thesis on stargate. i think i've written enough here about it to have one done already. i admire anyone who can do a PhD, in anything though

sg-1fanintn
September 1st, 2005, 06:16 PM
i firmly believe that they are already together. and i really can't see tptb having them break up. not after nearly 8 years of them being in love. one would think that after all that time of getting to know one another and falling in love and staying in love after all they've been through, that they would know before they officially got together if they'd be better suited as friends. thats why, as much as i've been burned by events such as those that took place in affinity, i have faith in tptb to not screw this up.
believe me, even though i was a shipper pretty much from the get go, i was still afraid that they would give s/j moonlighting syndrome, but i feel now that they have for the most part done a good enough job over the last 8+ years of handling the shippy aspects of the show, with one obvious exception, and that they will do an equally good job in the future.

i think that sam and jack are together now and for always. i'm pretty sure JM wont let us down. as long as we don't p!$$ him off between now and the end of the show. :D

I absolutely agree with you! What would be the point otherwise? I have disagreed all along with those who thought that once Sam and Jack got together, they'd take it slow to be cautious with their friendship. I don't think so! I think they'd go at light speed. Why? First, because they already know each other so well. Second, because they've waited SOOOOO LOOONNNGGGGG! Finally, because they're adults and they've known FOR YEARS how they feel about each other. There's no doubt they could live together well. They've done it in the field for years. And with the time that we've been told has transpired between the end of S8 and the start of S9, I'm sure they're pretty committed by now!

(End of S/J rant) Whew! That felt good!

nell
September 1st, 2005, 06:41 PM
And with the time that we've been told has transpired between the end of S8 and the start of S9, I'm sure they're pretty committed by now! [/spoiler]

For the life of me, I can't remember how much time "has transpired!!" So, puh-leese, tell me!!

BTW, I've been thinking about what Sam meant by ExDM "Not exactly." I don't believe they are married. But, I do believe they have at least shared their feelings with one another with the intention of acting on them. At best, they are quietly dating! If Sam had said "no," I would have thought that the command structure/regs were in the way. If she had said, "yes," I would have thought they were openly dating or married. But, "not exactly" connotes to me that they are together discretely. Although, now that I think about it, I wouldn't like them having to 'hide' their relationship. After all this time and putting things off for honor and duty, I would be very disappointed that they broke the regs. But, I don't believe the regs are in the way. Thus far, she has not reported to Jack as her CO that we've seen. And, he is not a civilian-in-charge as Kerry suggested to him. So, anybody want to continue this hypothesis? :D

SG1Poz
September 1st, 2005, 06:44 PM
SG1 poz ;) They have Vala on Atlantis !!! I didn't know that !!! :rolleyes:

Caty:)

Oh No! Did I say that ?? :o Now you see how upset I was while I was posting :(

Poz

Buc252
September 1st, 2005, 07:20 PM

They're keeping WHO happy?? Because I'm certainly not happy and won't be until I *see* some ship resolution on screen. Not hinted at, not talked about, not even Sam whispering sweet nothings on the telephone. Out in the open where it can be seen and appreciated! (Okay, and cried over by the anti's, I admit. <g>) I also disagree that TPTB are shippers. JM is a *slight* one, but not enough to stand up to the rest, who definitely are not. (He's even said so.)

HailDorothy
September 1st, 2005, 07:30 PM
For the life of me, I can't remember how much time "has transpired!!" So, puh-leese, tell me!!

Hi, Nell, I'm figuring about 3-5 months.

So, anybody want to continue this hypothesis? :D

My two cents worth . . .on the dating issue.

As someone who has a son in the AF and who's hubby is former AF black ops, this is our take on why Jack and Sam are keeping their relationship low key. Even though Kinsey is now a Goa'uld and underwraps somewhere, there are plenty of Kinsey suppporters and possibly AF officers like Simmons who'd like nothing better than to see Jack, and possible Sam, court martialed for breaking the Regs. Remember even Kinsey figured out they cared more than they should and Woosley mentioned it to the President. Suddenly, Sam's out from his command and they are publically together ASAP. Not good! Talk about steak for the buzzards. I suspect they've been advised (even by President Hayes) to be discreet for a certain period of time. It'd be in their best interest.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it. LOL

ses110
September 1st, 2005, 07:41 PM
Caty It's beyond me that some are still upset about the Ship when Jack is not even around.We keep hearing from the same People they do not see the Ship between Sam and Jack and then we get complaints the Ship is in every scene.Where not going to hear the end of it because of 2 words "not exactly".No matter how small the Ship is we have to hear non stop complaints.

nell
September 1st, 2005, 07:49 PM

As someone who has a son in the AF and who's hubby is former AF black ops, this is our take on why Jack and Sam are keeping their relationship low key. Even though Kinsey is now a Goa'uld and underwraps somewhere, there are plenty of Kinsey suppporters and possibly AF officers like Simmons who'd like nothing better than to see Jack, and possible Sam, court martialed for breaking the Regs. Remember even Kinsey figured out they cared more than they should and Woosley mentioned it to the President. Suddenly, Sam's out from his command and they are publically together ASAP. Not good! Talk about steak for the buzzards. I suspect they've been advised (even by President Hayes) to be discreet for a certain period of time. It'd be in their best interest.

Hi HailDorothy!!! That works for me!! I have to believe that they are in a relationship and that they are not breaking the regs!! So, I wonder how much time must pass before they go public??? Um, to the end of Season 9?? Well, now, season cliffhanger material!!! :rolleyes:

ses110
September 1st, 2005, 07:55 PM
Caty nothing surprises me with these interviews anymore.I though I knew the Sam character I guess I was wrong.I will try to have the outlook that I like the Ship and I do not care who does or does not like the Ship.I watch the Show for the characters and I care how the characters Act or what the character say.I used to be upset with these interviews but no more.

Queen Eleta
September 1st, 2005, 08:45 PM

<snip>

Stargate wasn't around when I was in university, but I did do a paper for mathematics on 'Star Trek', got an A too. :D

So, I had to go find the 'punishment' photo. I was really worried it was something terrible. And I was right.

About what ((HailDorothy)) said about ship selling, then when ship is done, so is show. I agree wholeheartedly, but I think it is actually the UST that sells, potential ship. Most shows stop when the UST turns to RST because they handle it all wrong. Usually there is innuendo, flirting, little things, but the when they decide to go for it, it takes up entire shows, not just a few minutes here or there, and it is just too much. Almost all such ships always seem to end with the characters behaving out of character and thats why the show ends. They lose us. We just can't buy it. Sometimes I wonder (but I know it is not true) if us shippers don't spend more time thinking about the characters than the writers do. We seem to know better how they would behave in given circumstances.
And if AT can't imagine how S/J could make a long-term relationship works, then she needs to read some good fanfic, because a lot of those writers have figured it out!
One more than I am done: HailDorothy also mentiond that there was ship mentioned in the beginning and RDA was on board with it. Yes it was. And we know that he was on board with it because he made the show!! Ship was suppose to start in season 2 (which, IMHO, would have been too early, so I am glad it didn't) RDA was signed for at least 2 seasons with an option. Now I'm not saying this is gospel, but this is usually how it goes: You want an actor for your show, you want your show to be around a long time, so you outline to said actor what his character will be doing for so many years. Changes, struggles, ships, all big developments, so he doesn't sign and then not like what is written and leave. He knows up front what to expect. Just makes sense that they planned on a ship, but then was vetoed once it got around to their AF consultant.

Token
September 1st, 2005, 09:41 PM
Hey, Shippers,

Like MG, I’ve been quiet and I agree with her one hundred percent! No doubt some of you will wish I’d stayed in my corner and kept my fat lips shut. Forgive me, if I run amuck and repeat myself, but I’ve no time to edit this litany of HailDorothy’s rants on Jack and Sam.
http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/1041.gif (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZNxmk705YYUS) I'm ready!

As a published sci-fi/fantasy/romance novelist, I know no matter what the entertainment genre, SHIPS sells. Moreover, that it doesn’t matter a hill of beans if its books, plays, movies or TV series. Let’s face it, no matter how perverted even, ‘Silence of the Lambs,’ had ship. “Claries!” LOL And here’s the clincher, folks, the moment the SHIP sails off into the sunset, the story ends, so does that sellable product.

Oooooh! You are so right, and they even made a sequel! What Hannibal wouldn't give for his dear Claries! :eek: Ouch!

To keep a market viable TPTB have to market their product in a way that keeps the majority of loyal viewers happy and TPTB behind SG-1 know that equation. True, as a diehard shipper, I’d have loved to seen every episode J/S centered. Who here wouldn’t? However, that’s not reality. I’m just happy we’ve gotten what we’ve had so far, and I believe that Robert Cooper and the other producers will give us a happy resolution to J/S. Why? Because they’d be slitting their own throats and the future of the series, if they did. SHIP SELLS. For SG-1 the SHIP was never Daniel/Shaira or now Vala, (yuck) its J/S. Always has been.

Yes, TPTB know the power of the penguins!! Thank goodness it wasn't about the Daniel/Sha're ship! Didn't MS want to end that storyline in Season 3?

On the other side of the coin, if they give us what we want now, what would be the reason to keep watching? None. Especially if J/S are the sole reason you watch SG. TPTB weren’t born yesterday and that’s why this show has managed to have 8 successful seasons. <snip>
It's painful to say "You're right" because it is so fustrating to continue in UST. However, all the RST in fanfic hasn't stopped me from reading.;)

<snip>

Jack’s antics and expressions were priceless. The poor guy had been the victim of a love-at-first-sight collision. In addition, when he said, “Oh, I adore you already, Captain.” That wasn’t sarcasm, but how he’d honestly felt. He’d been smitten.
I love that scene! So much truth! :D
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v334/Token04/FirstDayatwork.jpg

Finally, I have it from a trustworthy source, who must remain nameless, that the J/S SHIP wasn’t a fly by night idea. But I assume that’s something you all already knew. The ship canon as launched from the start and RDA endorsed it. He has always and continues to be a J/S shipper, but realized that ship was not the centralized plot of the show. I know whether it’s S9 or S10 there will be a happy resolution for Jack and Sam.
Awwww...come on....you can trust us not to reveal your source! ;) We're all Family! :p

If not, slap me, Rosy, and I will never speak to my source of said happy tidings ever, ever again! And he/she knows it!

Wow! A spanking? http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/10/10_9_137.gif (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZNxmk705YYUS)

I know there will always be reasons to see the glass half empty and differences of opinions, all which I respect. But that said let's try and be more positive and upbeat. Really, we have enough negative stuff in our lives. I for one have friends in Mississippi who wish their only concern was J/S ship.

Always,
HailDorothy aka HDorothy

It's true that J/S provide a chance to escape from the real world. I sit here watching the destruction, desperation, need, and sorrow of Hurricane Katrina, and I feel helpless and blessed at the same time. Thanks for sharing your perspective.

mad_gater
September 1st, 2005, 09:42 PM
Stargate wasn't around when I was in university, but I did do a paper for mathematics on 'Star Trek', got an A too. :D

So, I had to go find the 'punishment' photo. I was really worried it was something terrible. And I was right.

About what ((HailDorothy)) said about ship selling, then when ship is done, so is show. I agree wholeheartedly, but I think it is actually the UST that sells, potential ship. Most shows stop when the UST turns to RST because they handle it all wrong. Usually there is innuendo, flirting, little things, but the when they decide to go for it, it takes up entire shows, not just a few minutes here or there, and it is just too much. Almost all such ships always seem to end with the characters behaving out of character and thats why the show ends. They lose us. We just can't buy it. Sometimes I wonder (but I know it is not true) if us shippers don't spend more time thinking about the characters than the writers do. We seem to know better how they would behave in given circumstances.
And if AT can't imagine how S/J could make a long-term relationship works, then she needs to read some good fanfic, because a lot of those writers have figured it out!
One more than I am done: HailDorothy also mentiond that there was ship mentioned in the beginning and RDA was on board with it. Yes it was. And we know that he was on board with it because he made the show!! Ship was suppose to start in season 2 (which, IMHO, would have been too early, so I am glad it didn't) RDA was signed for at least 2 seasons with an option. Now I'm not saying this is gospel, but this is usually how it goes: You want an actor for your show, you want your show to be around a long time, so you outline to said actor what his character will be doing for so many years. Changes, struggles, ships, all big developments, so he doesn't sign and then not like what is written and leave. He knows up front what to expect. Just makes sense that they planned on a ship, but then was vetoed once it got around to their AF consultant.
LOL!!!! Were you trying to prove that it's theoretically possible to travel faster than light? :P:D

YAY ME!!!! OVER 2000 POSTS!!!!

galaxy
September 2nd, 2005, 05:15 AM
Okay...I have to rant: :mad: ;)

Atlantis "Conversion" spoiler:

Teyla and Sheppard will kiss!!!!!
I don't ship for Atlantis and to be honest I really don't care if any of them get together or not.
I'm okay with whatever will happen... :cool:

But why do Sheppard and Teyla kiss in the 2.(!!!) season and Sam and Jack still haven't kissed after all these years????

To be fair, I have to say that though the spoiler sounds like it's a "REAL" kiss, I'm not sure....maybe it's just AU or something like that..then it's okay.
BUT if it's a real kiss and they are NOT influenced by something that makes them jump each other's bones and it's NOT AU, then I'm miffed!
At the risk of sounding like a 5 year old: THAT'S NOT FAIR!!! :(

But it's good for the Sheppard/Teyla shippers, I guess, so if anyone of you is one......congrats! LOL ;) :D

divcon
September 2nd, 2005, 05:33 AM

I don't ship for Atlantis and to be honest I really don't care if any of them get together or not.

But why do Sheppard and Teyla kiss in the 2.(!!!) season and Sam and Jack still haven't kissed after all these years????

To be fair, I have to say that though the spoiler sounds like it's a "REAL" kiss, I'm not sure....maybe it's just AU or something like that..then it's okay.
BUT if it's a real kiss and they are NOT influenced by something that makes them jump each other's bones and it's NOT AU, then I'm miffed!

But it's good for the Sheppard/Teyla shippers, I guess, so if anyone of you is one......congrats! LOL ;) :D

Oh I so agree galaxy. IT'S NOT FAIR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, we NEED, DESPERATELY NEED to see a RL kiss between Jack & Sam. Not one that's AU or AT( Alternate Timeline).

I've been away for to long and there is no way I can catch up on all the posts so I'm not even going to bother but this topic is also a sore point with me. I've read some of HailDorothy's quotes in other peoples posts and I have to say that I agree with what she said. Most shows, when they change UST to RST they ruin the show but come on, as a fic writer of J/S I know that there is ways of doing it. Myself and hundreds of other J/S ship fic writers can't be wrong. :)

SuSiE_SG1
September 2nd, 2005, 06:24 AM
sorry but its about time we had some more shippy photos added here

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a200/SuSiE_SG1/dsf.jpg
http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a200/SuSiE_SG1/fishing.jpg
http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a200/SuSiE_SG1/aco.jpg

divcon
September 2nd, 2005, 06:31 AM
I whole heartedly agree
How about this?

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b187/divcon/gracekiss2.jpg

Or this?

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b187/divcon/laughingatjack.jpg

Or even this?

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b187/divcon/044out04.jpg

Better now?

galaxy
September 2nd, 2005, 06:33 AM
Oh I so agree galaxy. IT'S NOT FAIR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, we NEED, DESPERATELY NEED to see a RL kiss between Jack & Sam. Not one that's AU or AT( Alternate Timeline).

I've been away for to long and there is no way I can catch up on all the posts so I'm not even going to bother but this topic is also a sore point with me. I've read some of HailDorothy's quotes in other peoples posts and I have to say that I agree with what she said. Most shows, when they change UST to RST they ruin the show but come on, as a fic writer of J/S I know that there is ways of doing it. Myself and hundreds of other J/S ship fic writers can't be wrong. :)

(((((divcon))))))

Welcome back! :D

I totally agree. Maybe TPTB should get some help from the fic writers.
You don't know how much I'd like to see these episodes. :D

galaxy
September 2nd, 2005, 06:47 AM
HAPPY BIRTHDAY FOREVERSG1!!!

:) :D :) :D :)

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a108/galaxy_/a.jpg

I hope you have a great day with lots of LOVE, FUN and CAKE!!!

:D :D :D :D :D

galaxy
September 2nd, 2005, 06:50 AM
sorry but its about time we had some more shippy photos added here

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a200/SuSiE_SG1/dsf.jpg
http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a200/SuSiE_SG1/fishing.jpg
http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a200/SuSiE_SG1/aco.jpg

I whole heartedly agree
How about this?

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b187/divcon/gracekiss2.jpg

Or this?

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b187/divcon/laughingatjack.jpg

Or even this?

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b187/divcon/044out04.jpg

Better now?

Aaaawww....sweet pics!
Thanks!!!! :)

divcon
September 2nd, 2005, 06:56 AM
(((((divcon))))))

Welcome back! :D

I totally agree. Maybe TPTB should get some help from the fic writers.
You don't know how much I'd like to see these episodes. :D

((((((((galaxy))))))))))))

Great to be back. I don't have as much time to visit anymore as I started a new job (nightfilling) and by the time I get home I'm so tired that I go straight to bed and then the next day, with all the different time zones, no-ones here to talk to. Oh well, thems the breaks hey. :(

nell
September 2nd, 2005, 07:05 AM
LOL!!!! Were you trying to prove that it's theoretically possible to travel faster than light? :P:D

mad_gater 2000 BIG HONKIN' P0STS!!!!

divcon
September 2nd, 2005, 07:13 AM

CONGRATS ON 2000 POSTS MAD_GATER!

divcon
September 2nd, 2005, 07:29 AM
mad_gater 2000 BIG HONKIN' P0STS!!!!

((((((((NELL)))))))))))

Hey girl, how ya going. Good to be back with the ship family. I missed you all so it's a big hi there from Down Under. :D :D :D

*divcon waves to all the ship family and says thanks for the welcome back*

HailDorothy
September 2nd, 2005, 07:37 AM
http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/1041.gif (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZNxmk705YYUS) I'm ready!

Awwww...come on....you can trust us not to reveal your source! ;) We're all Family! :p

Yep, "We are family . . .I've got all my sisters with me!" Or something like that. :cool:

However, I value my relationships, especially the honest ones that have allowed me to share over the last two years the "Good J/S News" with the loops I'm on. And so far, it's all come true. So as the old cliche goes, "Don't look a gift horse in the mouth . . .or is that arse?" Umm . . .Whatever! ;)

Oh, Good morning Token, Queen Elta, Nell and anyone else up and smiling on this fine Friday morning! :)

Man, I wake up and find ya all quoting little old me, and believe me, I am old! LOL Okay, now that I have my coffee fix....maybe I can spell better than I did last night. . .Billie and Bren Ren stop laughing!

Firstly the reason most of us write J/S fan fiction is because we love these characters and know they belong together. And as one of you so nicely stated (my version) as writers we know there are hundreds of way that happy relationship can be achieved. And yes, I believe they'll be together 40 -50 years. Remember Jack's Ancient genes!

I think that because TPTB are feeding us through an IV (backwards for Virtual Imagination! Um, Jack's Idea.) we'll have more than enough fan fiction to fill in missing scenes during the S9 episodes. I mean come on, folks. That's what we do. (Geez, Jack's quoting again. Will someone nicely shut up that kissable mouth of his?) We write what the script writers aren't allowed too. True, we don't get paid. But there are SG script writers who long to write some of the fantastic stories you've all written and more importantly as a script! So give each other a Jack hug, but no neck nuzzling Please?

Oy! I want to comment on the posts regarding AT quote's. First off, AT is awesome, sweet and always honest. But she does get frustrated with the SHIP questions and I highly suspect if there's any merit to that quote, (which I doubt) that she's yanking our chain. . . .again to get a reaction. Remember she's also got a quick wit and perverse sense of humor.

Like RDA, AT is a J/S shipper and not for a short-term relationship either. There's a lot more I could say, but most of you have said it far bettter than I could. In the end, whether AT was having a bad day or misquoted, (which she often is) the SHIP will sail because of the almighty buck and TPTB and not because of what the actors think on any given day.

And now back to our regular scheduled program. . .Stargate SG-1, of course! ;)

HailDorothy
September 2nd, 2005, 07:54 AM
CONGRATULATIONS MAD_GATER ON 2000 POSTS!!!! :cool:

Wow I wish!! Maybe in about 3499 future posts. :eek:

Queen Eleta
September 2nd, 2005, 08:10 AM

Nah, just demonstrating how they extrapolate future mathematical theories base on current theories. Just basic, run-of-the-mill, water cooler chitchat type stuff.

Congrats on 2000 posts!!!

divcon
September 2nd, 2005, 08:27 AM
CONGRATULATIONS MAD_GATER ON 2000 POSTS!!!! :cool:

Wow I wish!! Maybe in about 3499 future posts. :eek:

Have faith. One day we will all get there. Jack and Sam are worth it.

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b187/divcon/215_025thracejackandsam.jpg

*Jack and Sam believe in us.*

parsifal
September 2nd, 2005, 08:33 AM

galaxy,

SGA S2It's almost certainly a case of foreign influence. In the episode, John has been infected with the Wraith retrovirus and is undergoing a horrific transformation. John's demonstrated no romantic interest in Teyla thus far.

divcon
September 2nd, 2005, 08:54 AM
Time for bed. I'll try not to stay away so long next time. See you all soon.

BrenRen
September 2nd, 2005, 09:05 AM
I absolutely agree with you! What would be the point otherwise? I have disagreed all along with those who thought that once Sam and Jack got together, they'd take it slow to be cautious with their friendship. I don't think so! I think they'd go at light speed. Why? First, because they already know each other so well. Second, because they've waited SOOOOO LOOONNNGGGGG! Finally, because they're adults and they've known FOR YEARS how they feel about each other. There's no doubt they could live together well. They've done it in the field for years. And with the time that we've been told has transpired between the end of S8 and the start of S9, I'm sure they're pretty committed by now!

My thoughts exactly!!

HI HAIL DOROTHY! Been a while!!! I agree with damn near everything you wrote in that novel about how ship sells...

Except... I'm not complaining at all over how they are handling the Ship *this* season, personally. It was the second half of Season Seven and all of Season Eight that left a bad taste in my mouth.

Frankly, in my sometimes humble opinion, the decision to bring in an *Other* was the worst possible thing they ever could have done. It butchered the Sship, it debased the strength of Sam & Jack's love for one another, and it was so late in the game it was simply obscene.

Now I know, as much as I call it the Sam & Jack show, it really isn't, and if they had gone my prefered route, getting Sam & Jack to address to the situation and really begin to deal with it following the events of Grace would have been a *huge* risk. I know this. But... if they had basically stuck with *what they wrote/aired* without the presence of you know who, it would have been the greatest phenomenon of Ship in tv history. They chickened out, and they blew it.

Again... Just my quirky, if not altogether humble, opinion. Feel free to disagree--that's what discussion's all about!

Well.. that and...

It's ALL about Sam & Jack!!!

Sam & Jack ARE Together, and nothing the idiots in charge say will ever change my mind. Hey, if I can wipe a character out of existence altogether in my Shippy World, then that part's a peice of chocolate cake!

sueKay
September 2nd, 2005, 09:26 AM
CONGRATS MAD GATER!!!!!!!!!!

As for 'sheyla' - ick!

As for frayed nerves and negative comments - LALALALALALALALALA

sueKay
September 2nd, 2005, 09:34 AM
Bren, SG1 Fanintn - I havew to disagree with both of you...In RL...I've had friends who've gotten together after years of friendship, and the couples that have rushed have ended up spliting up...yet one of my friends has just got engaged to her partner after taking things very slow to begin with...Here's what I think'll happen

I think it'll go very slow...for about a week...I think they'll be very shy round each other (or at least Jack will!) but...I think they'll give in...have very long evening, night and morning of HWMS..and then they'll settle into domestic bliss/disorder with each other :P

Just MVHO

smea
September 2nd, 2005, 10:01 AM
Bren, SG1 Fanintn - I havew to disagree with both of you...In RL...I've had friends who've gotten together after years of friendship, and the couples that have rushed have ended up spliting up...yet one of my friends has just got engaged to her partner after taking things very slow to begin with...Here's what I think'll happen

I think it'll go very slow...for about a week...I think they'll be very shy round each other (or at least Jack will!) but...I think they'll give in...have very long evening, night and morning of HWMS..and then they'll settle into domestic bliss/disorder with each other :P

Just MVHO

aww.. congratulations for your friends! :D i love weddings

and yes, I hope you're right about S&J.. btw.. sorry for being a little.. uh, dumb :p , but HWMS?

galaxy
September 2nd, 2005, 10:22 AM
galaxy,

SGA S2It's almost certainly a case of foreign influence. In the episode, John has been infected with the Wraith retrovirus and is undergoing a horrific transformation. John's demonstrated no romantic interest in Teyla thus far.

Ah, so he turns into a Wraith and that's why he kisses her...Wraith are such loving creatures. LOL :p

galaxy
September 2nd, 2005, 10:27 AM

:eek: :eek: :eek:

OMG, MAD_GATER, YOU HAVE OVER 2000 POSTS!!!!!

WOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! :D :D :D

Congrats!!!!!! :p

sueKay
September 2nd, 2005, 10:37 AM
Smea - HWMS? Hot Wild Monkey Sex

We were told about a year ago to abbreviate it, but it remains one of my favourite 'ship' things :P :D ;)

dipsofjazz
September 2nd, 2005, 10:42 AM

We were told about a year ago to abbreviate it, but it remains one of my favourite 'ship' things :P :D ;)
:D LOL! If you see the list of shipper cookies, the yellow ones are this! :p

smea
September 2nd, 2005, 12:15 PM

LOLLLLL.. thanx for that. I'll try to remember it :D Who came up with it anyway...? :p

sueKay
September 2nd, 2005, 01:16 PM
Congrats Bev On 3400 Posts!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Silver
September 2nd, 2005, 01:19 PM
Once again I'm behind the times... my apologies but I really feel the need to comment here! (You guys sure do post a lot :p)

Regarding AT's interview in... whichever mag... it was (can't remember now):

TPTB would not be that mean, particularly now that RDA has practically left the show. Amanda's obviously right (is the spoiler definitely a true "spoiler" now?) but maybe it's not such a bad thing after all! Okay, so say they made a go of things after Threads, and then "split up". That doesn't mean they split up in awkward circumstances or that they're staying away from each other permanantly. Perhaps they found it difficult to maintain a relationship due to Jack being situated in Washington, so said, "Okay, this isn't working, we're too far apart, let's leave things till we're near each other again." This would explain Sam's "not exactly" reply in EDM. And if RDA is coming back for the finale (at least the first part), who knows, maybe they'll end up in some huge life-threatening situation. It would make a better storyline and would certainly please me more as a shipper to see them together as if for the first time. Maybe Jack decides to retire and propose in "Crusade" (and yes, I'm really, really sure he'll be in this ep, as well as Vala). The ep would be more interesting and emotional-based with the pair going into a situation apart and ending up together.

I'm staying optimistic because let's face it, why would they ruin all the feelings that have been building up to this moment of them being together? And we know Sam and Jack would work together having watched "Point of View" and "There but for the Grace of God". In both cases, AU Sam and Jack were happy and wanted to spend the rest of their lives with each other. Fair enough, our couple have a few additional and very different years on their backs, but they're the same people with the same personalities and most importantly, feelings. :)

Oh, and something else!
Am I remembering wrongly, or did AT tell us there was a phone conversation between Sam and Jack at some point in S9?

sueKay
September 2nd, 2005, 01:23 PM
Silver - the AT interview was nothing to do with the 'splitting up' comment...and I wouldn't worry...the ship is in the harbour!

the dancer of spaz
September 2nd, 2005, 01:27 PM
Hey guys!

Does GW no longer have the archive? You guys should have like a billion posts on there!!! :P :D :) ;)

Silver
September 2nd, 2005, 01:31 PM
Silver - the AT interview was nothing to do with the 'splitting up' comment...and I wouldn't worry...the ship is in the harbour!

Ohh-kay, never mind... lol! Sorry! Ignore anything I said up there that either wasn't relevant or was completely wrong. :o :o

sueKay
September 2nd, 2005, 01:39 PM
Spaz - look down to the bottom of the page...you should see a link :D

Gatetrixer
September 2nd, 2005, 02:42 PM
Just to put in my two cents:

RDA said in one interview I believe during S7 filming, something about resolving the "tapdance" between Sam and Jack. I do believe he is a shipper, though resolving may be something different than we might think. However, I don't think he meant resolving by S/J deciding against it or by bringing in a Pete. He meant, IMO, that we know somehow they are together(hopefully with a kiss).

Very early after Theads and Moebius, I ventured that TPTB think they DID show them as being together and are puzzled by shippers' disappointment. My disappointment was the lack of physical affection between them that wasn't Alt/U or AU. I was thrilled by "always" and the two fishing scenes, didn't even mind Daniel and Teal'c, if only they had kissed. Even a hugging scene that I could tell wasn't just friendship would have gone a long way to satisfaction on my part. But no, we were supposed to be satisfied with the Alt/U kiss, and hence the doubts.

The old adage that when the ship stops being UST and becomes RST means the end, IMO, does not apply to the written word. I've read book series where a couple gets married and the series goes on, and I've kept reading. Granted a few of these books are so old that ANY details of RST are skipped over. If successfully handled,there was plenty to write about as the stories were never about just the couple.

And I also say that RST shouldn't have to mean the end of a TV series, either, if the series isn't just composed of the two characters and it's handled right. The ones that are cited for ending after RST are all about 2 main characters, right?

Somnium
September 2nd, 2005, 02:52 PM

I was thinking the same thing, its a logical explanation really ;) also Sam has just lost her father and then theres the whole Cassie thing. It would make sense for them to take things easy/cautious, after all they been annoyingly level headed for the last 8 years.

dipsofjazz
September 2nd, 2005, 03:03 PM
Congrats Bev On 3400 Posts!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:D Thanks SK. I didn't even notice...too busy shipping and thunking! :p

singergirl
September 2nd, 2005, 03:19 PM

Well look at the inverse...He's Sam's Guy just as much he is Jack's Girl.

Its just how i've seen it which is why I did the wonderwall Wp like i did. They've both been there for each other at time they needed it, equally. Respective character flaws between both of them are remedied by the other. That's how I take it. So i dont see how this would be such a big deal.

Romanticisim, through history, has always been an integral part of any writing, especially between characters. I think it's rediculous that sentiment conveying sweet uncontrolling inevitable love, should be rejected because of post-sexual revoloution politcal correctness and principle.

Catysg1
September 2nd, 2005, 03:31 PM
Happy birthday forever SG1 and Congratulations to MG :)

and what about that little thing underneath !!!. I know it's a bit old now but as I don't make any , I thought that one was appropriate for the Future of Sam and Jack :)

http://www.angelfire.com/space2/sci-fi/SJWeddingdream2.jpg

And for who ever likes James Blunt , I made a video for the song " Cry" in my lost videos ...see sig :)

nell
September 2nd, 2005, 03:38 PM
Happy birthday forever SG1 and Congratulations to MG :)

and what about that little thing underneath !!!. I know it's a bit old now but as I don't make any , I thought that one was appropriate for the Future of Sam and Jack :)

http://www.angelfire.com/space2/sci-fi/SJWeddingdream2.jpg

And for who ever likes James Blunt , I made a video for the song " Cry" in my lost videos ...see sig :)

Caty, This is beautiful and romantic!!! :p Thanks!! ;)

trupi
September 2nd, 2005, 04:46 PM
The thread is on the second page-OMG! Thanks Sally for your well wishes! My esophagus has a 2-3 cm hernia and my stomach has some sores (but healing) and damage to my vocal chords. However, the doctor is on top of it and thinks if I change my eating habits (no eating after 6pm) and take medication I'll be able to reverse most of the damage!

scjon
September 2nd, 2005, 05:00 PM
RDA likes kissing AT? what could possibly give you that idea. your powers of observation are truely astounding. i never would have thought that, i mean its not like either of them are even the slightest bit attractive. and you say this could be linked to him liking the ship eh? hmmmm...
:D ;)

P.S, don't think i could ever manage to do a PhD, although i'd love to do a thesis on stargate. i think i've written enough here about it to have one done already. i admire anyone who can do a PhD, in anything though

LOL :D :D Therefore, shouldn't AT love the ship as much as RDA does.... Just to clarify, I think that AT comes across as a really nice person and I respect her opinion, even when I don't always wholeheartedly agree with it.

Judging by the number of posts shippers have on here, I think everyone deserves to be awarded a PhD several times over...Thanks though. I'd much rather be writing my thesis on Stargate than what I'm actually doing (British social and political twentieth century history). To be fair, it's fine most of the time.

Catysg1
September 2nd, 2005, 05:00 PM
Good luck Trupi ;) and a little something for you :)

http://www.angelfire.com/space2/sci-fi/SJBike1.jpg

gwenhwyfar
September 2nd, 2005, 05:01 PM

Its just how i've seen it which is why I did the wonderwall Wp like i did. They've both been there for each other at time they needed it, equally. Respective character flaws between both of them are remedied by the other. That's how I take it. So i dont see how this would be such a big deal.

Romanticisim, through history, has always been an integral part of any writing, especially between characters. I think it's rediculous that sentiment conveying sweet uncontrolling inevitable love, should be rejected because of post-sexual revoloution politcal correctness and principle.

Um, ok, maybe I should have elaborated. I have no issue with someone saying 'That's my man' of 'That's my girl'. Just as long as they are not reducing the person to nothing but that. That's what I was talking about. It seems AT has an issue with Sam being concider nothing but 'Jack's Girl'.

On an extermely OT note: Jewel in the Palace is making me SO upset. SPOILERS for anyone who watches the show. I don't think anyone else is so I'll continue.
Jang-Geum and Sir Min ran off together. YAY! But the guards caught them and Jang-Geum chose to go back! They were going to finally be together! He was going to start a school and she was going to open a pharmacy(hospital/doctor's office)!
Sure she was chosen to be the King's personal physican. A first for a woman...but they were going to be together! He RETIRED for her which is more than I can say for- Ok I'm slipping into negative-shipper mode. I'll just end by saying that if it was me, I would say 'Forget the King, I'm staying with the man I love!' A sure death sentance but still...

scjon
September 2nd, 2005, 05:01 PM
The thread is on the second page-OMG! Thanks Sally for your well wishes! My esophagus has a 2-3 cm hernia and my stomach has some sores (but healing) and damage to my vocal chords. However, the doctor is on top of it and thinks if I change my eating habits (no eating after 6pm) and take medication I'll be able to reverse most of the damage!
Trupi-glad that the prognosis is positive. Hope you feel better soon.

sueKay
September 2nd, 2005, 05:07 PM
((((((((Trupi))))))))

Sounds very painful...sending you some green and some hugs.

trupi
September 2nd, 2005, 05:12 PM
Thank you everyone!

scjon
September 2nd, 2005, 05:24 PM
Um, ok, maybe I should have elaborated. I have no issue with someone saying 'That's my man' of 'That's my girl'. Just as long as they are not reducing the person to nothing but that. That's what I was talking about. It seems AT has an issue with Sam being concider nothing but 'Jack's Girl'.
<snip>

I think that's pretty much it from AT's point of view. Thankfully I see no reason why they can't portray Sam as the strong, intelligent person she's always been-just in a stable, happy relationship with Jack. IMO If someone is in the right sort of relationship, it doesn't change who they are as an individual. Sam would still be the kick-ass astrophysicist we've all known over the past 9 years.

Catysg1
September 2nd, 2005, 05:32 PM
Too right scjon :)

Uber
September 2nd, 2005, 06:00 PM
I would like to share with you all my very first fan music video. Now it's not of Sam and Jack...it's not even of Sam per se...but it is of and for Amanda Tapping...

So please feel free to download and review.

http://www.uberamandafan.com/

:cool:

singergirl
September 2nd, 2005, 06:13 PM

;) ah okies np lol

sg-1fanintn
September 2nd, 2005, 06:21 PM
May I point out that Lost City, Part 2 is on right now? Listen at the end for the Latin Jack mutters just before they put him in the deep freeze! Oma-1 mentioned it several months ago, and when we got it translated, it came out to something like, “I sleep now. I love you.” And he’s going to say it to Sam.

Squeeeeeeee!

As someone who has a son in the AF and who's hubby is former AF black ops, this is our take on why Jack and Sam are keeping their relationship low key. Even though Kinsey is now a Goa'uld and under wraps somewhere, there are plenty of Kinsey supporters and possibly AF officers like Simmons who'd like nothing better than to see Jack, and possible Sam, court martialed for breaking the Regs. Remember even Kinsey figured out they cared more than they should and Woosley mentioned it to the President. Suddenly, Sam's out from his command and they are publicly together ASAP. Not good! Talk about steak for the buzzards. I suspect they've been advised (even by President Hayes) to be discreet for a certain period of time. It'd be in their best interest.

You know, you make very sound and realistic points. If they went public too soon, it would look like they had been hiding it….and that could be used against them. I’m stickin’ to your story too! It supports, “Not exactly.”

Bren, SG1 Fanintn - I have to disagree with both of you...In RL...I've had friends who've gotten together after years of friendship, and the couples that have rushed have ended up spliting up...yet one of my friends has just got engaged to her partner after taking things very slow to begin with...
Ah, but, Grasshopper, you are very young, and I am very (ok, just sorta) old. I’ve always found you to be very intuitive, bright and mature. But on this one, we’ll have to agree to disagree. Your perspective does change as you get older…..and I’m in between Sam’s age and Jack’s age.

Abso-posifrallin-lutely!!!!!

I think that's pretty much it from AT's point of view. Thankfully I see no reason why they can't portray Sam as the strong, intelligent person she's always been-just in a stable, happy relationship with Jack. IMO If someone is in the right sort of relationship, it doesn't change who they are as an individual. Sam would still be the kick-ass astrophysicist we've all known over the past 9 years.
Abso-posifrallin-lutely!!!!!

Uber
September 2nd, 2005, 06:25 PM
?

Okay...so I'm watching the marathon on SciFi...and Lost City 2 is on...and they CUT DOWN the scene on the cargo ship, deleting the scene where Sam says something like..."Sir back at your house, what I was going to say was..." and Jack interrupts her (dang it) and they stare at each other...

What was the point in that? What was the point in deleting that moment???

:S

sg-1fanintn
September 2nd, 2005, 06:29 PM
I would like to share with you all my very first fan music video. Now it's not of Sam and Jack...it's not even of Sam per se...but it is of and for Amanda Tapping...

So, this is the big project you’ve been working on lately. Very impressive! I’m excited to see November get here!!!!

?

Okay...so I'm watching the marathon on SciFi...and Lost City 2 is on...and they CUT DOWN the scene on the cargo ship, deleting the scene where Sam says something like..."Sir back at your house, what I was going to say was..." and Jack interrupts her (dang it) and they stare at each other...

Probably to fit in another commercial……and to tick us off!!!!!

trupi
September 2nd, 2005, 06:30 PM
?

They want us to buy the DVDs, to see our favorite moments!

sg-1fanintn
September 2nd, 2005, 06:34 PM
By the way......

Happy Birthday, Forever SG-1!

Welcome back, Divcon!

Congratulations, sueKay, on 3,600 posts!
Congratulations, dipsofjazz, on 3,400 posts!
Congratulations, mad_gater, on 2,000 posts!
Congratulations, the dancer of spaz, on 1,400 posts!

nell
September 2nd, 2005, 06:47 PM
?

WHAT????????? OK, I'm reading fanfic and watching Lost City 2 and my husband is reading newspaper articles.....yadda yadda yadda. So, I just thought, "Damn, I missed the Sam and Jack cargo ship scene?" &%^$(*@^#$ atoK!!! But, I didn't?? They edited it out???? Deep cleansing, calming breaths.......**mutters**&^%$*(

sueKay
HAPPY BIRTHDAY FOREVER SG1!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*pretend fancy graphics since my computer's not talking to me*

sg-1fanintn
?

Oh, sure.....cut the lovely moment between Sam and Jack.....but make sure you leave in the lovely moment between Jack and Teal'c!!! Grrrrrr!

sclairef99
September 2nd, 2005, 06:56 PM
Oh, sure.....cut the lovely moment between Sam and Jack.....but make sure you leave in the lovely moment between Jack and Teal'c!!! Grrrrrr!

THANK GOD someone else noticed that, I thought I missed it or was going nuts! So, what's with that anyway? They can't cut out the Jack at the end....or can they?

S

Token
September 2nd, 2005, 07:02 PM
?

I'm with you! WTFrack????? Why would they delete that scene?? They haven't deleted anything else that I know of. Who would have edited it anyway? Would SciFi have asked TPTB to re-edit based on x-amount of time? What is the point of having a viewer-choice marathon if you are going to trim down the episodes? Does SciFi think fans won't notice? :rolleyes:

BTW..."Lost City" ROCKS!!!!! and "WoO" is on now!!! Shipper heaven!

Token
September 2nd, 2005, 07:32 PM
http://bestsmileys.com/birthday1/7.gif
ForeverSG1!!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v334/Token04/Ship%20Day/LostCityDual.jpg
May your birthday be SHIPPERIFIC!!
(A little "Lost City" ship since I'm still basking in the glow :p )

trupi
September 2nd, 2005, 07:57 PM
My teenaged kids heard WO was on, they left the things they were doing and came into the living room to watch the episode . That is what make SG-1 great!!

gwenhwyfar
September 2nd, 2005, 07:58 PM
?

There was no point. Unless it is for commercals. Or to mess with us shippers. The episodes are not on yet where I live. Now I know what they did I may put in my tape of the episode instead!

Oh, sorry everyone about the secont part of my last post. I just felt like ranting. :o

trupi
September 2nd, 2005, 08:11 PM
Why are Jack and Sam whispering while talking about what a wormhole is? Who are they bothering that they need to whisper? The general is not there only the young ensign.

nell
September 2nd, 2005, 08:37 PM
Why are Jack and Sam whispering while talking about what a wormhole is? Who are they bothering that they need to whisper? The general is not there only the young ensign.

Silly, Jack is getting up close and personal!!! :p

sclairef99
September 2nd, 2005, 08:51 PM
http://bestsmileys.com/birthday1/7.gif
ForeverSG1!!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v334/Token04/Ship%20Day/LostCityDual.jpg
May your birthday be SHIPPERIFIC!!
(A little "Lost City" ship since I'm still basking in the glow :p )

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v496/sclairef99/bdayballoons.jpg HAPPY BIRTHDAY FOREVER SG1 http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v496/sclairef99/bdayballoons.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v496/sclairef99/woo.png
HAPPY SCI FI SG MARATHON!

Lovin' the ship!

S

sclairef99
September 2nd, 2005, 08:57 PM
Silly, Jack is getting up close and personal!!! :p

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v496/sclairef99/3abab1c5.jpg

S/J.....mostly shippy marathon!!!!! squeeeeeeeeeeee

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v496/sclairef99/woop.jpg
WoO, WoO, WoO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

S

Queen Eleta
September 2nd, 2005, 09:03 PM
Something shippy for friday.... 'Elevator Conversations....'

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a367/queeneleta/PDVD_074.jpg
Sir, have you ever seen the movie, 'The Princess Bride'?

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a367/queeneleta/PDVD_069.jpg
Are you kidding me? I love that movie!

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a367/queeneleta/PDVD_065.jpg
You know how Westley always says 'As you wish' to Buttercup? He says it because he doesn't feel, given his position, that he can openly say 'I love you'?

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a367/queeneleta/PDVD_071.jpg
Like a code?

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a367/queeneleta/PDVD_070.jpg
Yes, like a code. Sir.

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a367/queeneleta/PDVD_060.jpg
*confused for a moment* Oh! I think I get your meaning, Carter.

I have no idea why the pics are so small!! But anyway, somtimes the way they say 'Sir' and 'Carter' really remind me of 'As you wish'!!

nell
September 2nd, 2005, 09:10 PM

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a367/queeneleta/PDVD_065.jpgYou know how Westley always says 'As you wish' to Buttercup? He says it because he doesn't feel, given his position, that he can openly say 'I love you'?

Like a code?

Yes, like a code. Sir.

I have no idea why the pics are so small!! But anyway, somtimes the way they say 'Sir' and 'Carter' really remind me of 'As you wish'!!

Awww, terms of endearment!! :p

Cathain Nottingham
September 2nd, 2005, 09:18 PM

You know how Westley always says 'As you wish' to Buttercup? He says it because he doesn't feel, given his position, that he can openly say 'I love you'?

Like a code?

Yes, like a code. Sir.

That is soooo cute! Makes me want to write shippy fiction!!

nell
September 2nd, 2005, 09:40 PM
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y209/cilljill/1969.jpg

Jack: Carter, you're telling me that the Shippers are out there watching our every move?
Sam: Sir, they, um, are interested in our, um, Ship.
Jack: Ship? You mean the Prometheus? X-302?
Sam: Ah, no. Let's see. How can I put this?
Jack: (Jack moves in front of Sam and looks deep into her eyes.) Carter, stop.
Sam: (Sam feels his body heat and her heart is fluttering from his intense gaze) Stop?
Jack: (He dips his head and his forehead meets hers) Thinking.
Sam: (She has trouble forming thoughts and begins to stammer) S..s..s..Sir, I ....don't
Jack: (His lips lightly brush her mouth and he draws back to look deeply into her eyes) Ship, Sam, this is the Ship?
Sam: (Reaching to hold his neck and draw him to her mouth) Jack, I love it when you play with me!!
Jack: (He turns and begins walking ahead) Yeahsureyabetcha! Peace, Baby!!

sg-1fanintn
September 2nd, 2005, 09:49 PM
My teenaged kids heard WO was on, they left the things they were doing and came into the living room to watch the episode . That is what make SG-1 great!!

I really think WoO is the best ep ever!!!!

(Well, except D & C and Heroes 2 and Lost City 1 & 2 and Threads.....)

And by the way, has anyone noticed that every ep chosen in the voting for the marathon is either really shippy or has shippy undercurrents? It just goes to show that outside of active fandom, among "regular" viewers, THE SHIP is really popular!!!

Whoa, Nell! (* waves enthusiastically*) Great little picture story up there! I tried to green you, but apparently it hasn't been long enough since I did it the last time!

SuSiE_SG1
September 2nd, 2005, 11:01 PM
well i just got my senior school jersey and i had SuSiE_SG1 printed on the back and now when i walk around school i get people yelling out to me such things as "Jaffa", "Kree", "Yeah Sam and Jack" and several other things. i just thought i shall tell you all that LOL

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a200/SuSiE_SG1/IMG_0206.jpg

SuSiE_SG1
September 2nd, 2005, 11:02 PM
sorry bout the big picture

SuSiE_SG1
September 2nd, 2005, 11:14 PM
more shippy pics
http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a200/SuSiE_SG1/awir.jpg
http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a200/SuSiE_SG1/asfe.jpg
http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a200/SuSiE_SG1/112.jpg

also, just a quick question, when sam and jack get married, would they both wear their dress blues? like this?

SuSiE_SG1
September 2nd, 2005, 11:17 PM
sorry i forgot to put the pic in

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a200/SuSiE_SG1/afb.jpg

smea
September 3rd, 2005, 01:06 AM
May I point out that Lost City, Part 2 is on right now? Listen at the end for the Latin Jack mutters just before they put him in the deep freeze! Oma-1 mentioned it several months ago, and when we got it translated, it came out to something like, “I sleep now. I love you.” And he’s going to say it to Sam.

Squeeeeeeee!

For sure??? Oh that is so sweet... shame we had to get it translated to actually know what he says.. lol :D

?

And yes.. what was the point? I loved that part... it almost made me cry :( I wish Jack had just let her talk... though the way that he *knew*.. hm. that was sweet too... :rolleyes:

florence
September 3rd, 2005, 01:45 AM

Great work !!! I love it ! I hope you're going to win... ;) :D

Sam_o_Neill
September 3rd, 2005, 03:03 AM
Hey Guys!!! I'm Back :D:D:D:D
I've just finished watching Ex Deus Machina and...we got ship! :) Subtle but it was there and there is no doubt in my mind at all :P:)
And I was expecting to be able to watch Babylon straight afterwards but it doesn't seem to have been aired this week....I probably knew that before but I seem to have forgotten :S Oh Well. :P

Hope everyone is keeping well!
(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((Shipper Family)))))))))))))))))))

the dancer of spaz
September 3rd, 2005, 03:51 AM
well i just got my senior school jersey and i had SuSiE_SG1 printed on the back and now when i walk around school i get people yelling out to me such things as "Jaffa", "Kree", "Yeah Sam and Jack" and several other things. i just thought i shall tell you all that LOL

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a200/SuSiE_SG1/IMG_0206.jpg

That's so freakin' awesome. I'm jealous - both for the jersey and for the fact that your peers know what the HECK you're talking about. ;)

ShimmeringStar
September 3rd, 2005, 04:16 AM
I've just finished watching Ex Deus Machina and...we got ship! :) Subtle but it was there and there is no doubt in my mind at all :P:)
And I was expecting to be able to watch Babylon straight afterwards but it doesn't seem to have been aired this week....I probably knew that before but I seem to have forgotten :S Oh Well. :P

(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((Shipper Family)))))))))))))))))))Even though I'd read the SciFi schedule last week & knew we'd not have any new shows last night, I'd forgotten too! :o :)

Here’s what's up for the end of the first half of the season:

Tuesday - 9/6/05 http://scifi.com/schedulebot/index.php3?date=6-SEP-2005&feed_req - SciFi'll be running all the S9 eps in order up through EDM.

Friday, 9/9/05 8 p.m. (U.S. EST) is Babylon

Friday, 9/16/05 is 8 p.m. Prototype and 9 p.m. The Fourth Horseman Pt. 1 ( 2 for 1 night! :p )

Oma-1
September 3rd, 2005, 05:01 AM
TN - you're making me blush :o Wish I really were so wise as my namesake! Lovely to read as your commendation was, I'm sure plenty of shippers were yelling at their computer "No she's not" :p The wide variety of opinons and feelings on, well, everything not just the ship, is one of the reasons I love the family so much. Despite our differences we're all brought together by the fact that we love Sam and Jack and want to see them together in the end. :)

Oma-1
September 3rd, 2005, 05:27 AM
galaxy,

Parsifal - thank goodness for your timely reply! Galaxy had me freaking out completely :eek: but I thought I'd give it till the end of the page before going ballistic! :p Totally makes sense now - alien influence. TPTB's excuse for any semblance of a kiss on the show :p

My heart rates slowing down now :D

Somehow I think the rollercoaster for Shep/Weir could be as bumpy as Sam and Jack's :p

On the notions about RST killing a show, I don't think I agree. I know I've seen some shows where it has - ie Moonlighting *what a crap ending to all those years. groan* but I can think of a show where the main ship pairing didn't mess up the show. I'm really embarrassed to admit to watching this one cos its not the greatest (but the lead is cute :D), but Lois and Clark got married without it making the show unwatchable! Okay, I'm clutching at straws here :p and it's probably never gonna happen on SG-1 until the final episode ever, but ..... my glass is always half full :D

divcon
September 3rd, 2005, 05:30 AM
(((((((((((OMA)))))))))))))

How are you babe?

Hi everyone, I'm back.

Glad to see the ship family is still hurtling along at break neck speed to see our two wonderful people together.

divcon
September 3rd, 2005, 05:33 AM
Somehow I think the rollercoaster for Shep/Weir could be as bumpy as Sam and Jack's :p

On the notions about RST killing a show, I don't think I agree. I know I've seen some shows where it has - ie Moonlighting *what a crap ending to all those years. groan* but I can think of a show where the main ship pairing didn't mess up the show. I'm really embarrassed to admit to watching this one cos its not the greatest (but the lead is cute :D), but Lois and Clark got married without it making the show unwatchable! Okay, I'm clutching at straws here :p and it's probably never gonna happen on SG-1 until the final episode ever, but ..... my glass is always half full :D

I remember with the X-Files that Chris Carter said the only time we would really see Mulder and Scully together was in the final ep and I believe that he stuck to his words. We never did see them together in any sort of intimate situation until the final ep. The UST between those two rivalled Sam & Jack and I think we're going to have to wait that long as well. :(

Oma-1
September 3rd, 2005, 05:49 AM

On an extermely OT note: Jewel in the Palace is making me SO upset. SPOILERS for anyone who watches the show. I don't think anyone else is so I'll continue.
Jang-Geum and Sir Min ran off together. YAY! But the guards caught them and Jang-Geum chose to go back! They were going to finally be together! He was going to start a school and she was going to open a pharmacy(hospital/doctor's office)!
Sure she was chosen to be the King's personal physican. A first for a woman...but they were going to be together! He RETIRED for her which is more than I can say for- Ok I'm slipping into negative-shipper mode. I'll just end by saying that if it was me, I would say 'Forget the King, I'm staying with the man I love!' A sure death sentance but still...
You just made me think about the King And I! All that UST and what happens? Does any good come of it? NO! The king dies of a broken heart! :eek:

Hope I didn't make anyone panic there :p Not that that's gonna happen to Sam or Jack, I used it to highlight that if the UST goes too far it becomes unbelievable and silly. I do have enough faith that tptb wouldn't do that (they already had a go with :eek: and look how good that turned out for us in the end).

But then, being female and pregnant to boot, I competely reserve my right to changing my mind whenever I feel like it and contradicting myself in every other sentence (and post) ;)

Today I'm in a very ambivalent mood about whether the ship should be resolved or not. Of course I want to see Sam and Jack together, but I'm not sure if I want a few seasons of them being together and married, or whether they should wait till the end.

I think what's holding me back is that tptb will give us the wedding we want, and then do a Shau're to one of them, or something equally angsty. I think I'd rather just have the happy ending.

Rogue
September 3rd, 2005, 05:50 AM

(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((Shipper Family)))))))))))))))))))

Well besides ship, we got Ba'al clones! Now Oma and I can each have our own.

Catysg1
September 3rd, 2005, 05:53 AM
Divcon ..yes except for the x-files , we had tons of ship between Mulder and Scully and that was each time they were together . I really like the x-files , a lot more than SG1 now because we have tons of shippy clips ...visual like the hand holding, the cuddles and we still had a real kiss in Millenium ...but also all the words said between them ..just 2 examples " You are my one in five billions " and "You are my touchstone" The shippiest expressions I have ever heard in any sci-fi show . and You don 't really have to say "I love you" ..What Mulder was saying to Scully was just great and the final episode was loaded of ship . I doubt we'll get more than one scene with Sam and Jack in the finale episode and it will probably last like 10 seconds just because TPTB are not thast nice people and by the way I do not think they are shippers . They only throw a crumb because they know that there are shippers around and they will try their best to keep as many of them to still watch the show

Caty :) .

Oma-1
September 3rd, 2005, 06:09 AM
sorry i forgot to put the pic in

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a200/SuSiE_SG1/afb.jpg

Yeah, course they will - check it out!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v685/Oma-1/weddingthor.png

Thor: O'Neill, I believe it is my turn to kiss the bride

divcon
September 3rd, 2005, 06:10 AM
You just made me think about the King And I! All that UST and what happens? Does any good come of it? NO! The king dies of a broken heart! :eek:

Hope I didn't make anyone panic there :p Not that that's gonna happen to Sam or Jack, I used it to highlight that if the UST goes too far it becomes unbelievable and silly. I do have enough faith that tptb wouldn't do that (they already had a go with :eek: and look how good that turned out for us in the end).

I hope that they don't take us down some ridiculous garden path and make the ship to silly or unbelievable.

But then, being female and pregnant to boot, I competely reserve my right to changing my mind whenever I feel like it and contradicting myself in every other sentence (and post) ;)

How are things going? I've been away, how long now?

Today I'm in a very ambivalent mood about whether the ship should be resolved or not. Of course I want to see Sam and Jack together, but I'm not sure if I want a few seasons of them being together and married, or whether they should wait till the end.

I think what's holding me back is that tptb will give us the wedding we want, and then do a Shau're to one of them, or something equally angsty. I think I'd rather just have the happy ending.

You've hit the nail on the head. I couldn't stand it if they got together only for one of them to die and it would surely be Jack as he's already left the series therefore leaving Sam free to pursue other romantic interests. ( I know, I know, she wouldn't do it but tptb could. :mad: )

divcon
September 3rd, 2005, 06:17 AM

LOVE IT, LOVE IT.

Great pic Oma

Oma-1
September 3rd, 2005, 06:21 AM
Rogue! Ya made me break my spoiler taboo to see what I could get ... boy was that worth it! :D

sclairef99
September 3rd, 2005, 07:46 AM

Like a code?

Yes, like a code. Sir.

That was most EXCELLANT!!!!!! Too funny! I tried to green the Queen, but apparently must spread the wealth first!!!!

S

divcon
September 3rd, 2005, 07:53 AM
Just because :D

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b187/divcon/301_04intothefiresamwakingjack.jpg

shipper hannah
September 3rd, 2005, 08:51 AM
For sure??? Oh that is so sweet... shame we had to get it translated to actually know what he says.. lol :D

has anyone actually asked joe to see if we're right?

trupi
September 3rd, 2005, 08:55 AM
TN - you're making me blush :o Wish I really were so wise as my namesake! Lovely to read as your commendation was, I'm sure plenty of shippers were yelling at their computer "No she's not" :p The wide variety of opinons and feelings on, well, everything not just the ship, is one of the reasons I love the family so much. Despite our differences we're all brought together by the fact that we love Sam and Jack and want to see them together in the end. :)
Oma you are the best! Being a mom of a large group you must have patience and diplomatic skills. Another on the way- GBY! Since we are family too, you just extend those skills to us. :D

BrenRen
September 3rd, 2005, 09:37 AM
Good Morning Shippers!

:D :cool:

What a wealth of discussion! I LOVE IT!!

I'm a little too medicated today to come up with anything interesting in the way of conversational contribution :o , so I'll just sum up all my feelings du jour on the Ship with a pic I made playing with my new Paint Ship (oops, Shop! I think my Freudian slip is showing again!) Pro Studio Suite program (btw--for any PSP users, I highly recommend it, it is totally AWESOME!) that my hubby got for me this week...

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a63/BrenRen1/LoveDestinedSm.jpg (http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a63/BrenRen1/LoveDestined.jpg)

And no matter what the idiots in charge say...

Sam & Jack ARE TOGETHER! FOREVER AND ALWAYS!

Billie
September 3rd, 2005, 09:52 AM
Hi all :)

Wow, mucho discussion has been going on lately! Good to know the ship still generates much to talk about!

Friday, 9/16/05 is 8 p.m. Prototype and 9 p.m. The Fourth Horseman Pt. 1 ( 2 for 1 night! :p )

Squeeeeeeee - I'm in New York for one friday and get a bumber two episode sneak peak at S9 :cool: Thanks for the heads up SS!!

Terrah
September 3rd, 2005, 09:54 AM

Great Video, loved it, want to see more vids from you. :)

Somnium
September 3rd, 2005, 12:49 PM

OMG! How totally fab is this vid! I am at a loss for words. Uber you are very talented, big green rep coming your way :D . I love it and think am gonna be watchin it several thousand times. MORE PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE :D

Everyone if you havent watched this then your mad!

sueKay
September 3rd, 2005, 12:55 PM
Heya everyone! :D

Dang RL...We had a food festival at work today so all the 'yuppies' tunred up to blag what they could...then proceeded to come into the shop and be very...very VERY awkward customers...grr! :mad:

And we had shoplifters chancing their luck too!

And then I get home and there's no new spoilers!

Och well...Guess I'll just HAVE to make you all some shipper-ful fan art!!!

Sam_o_Neill
September 3rd, 2005, 12:57 PM
oooh yes How could I forget the Baal Clones! I can't wait for next week! :D

Sam_o_Neill
September 3rd, 2005, 12:59 PM

ROTFL!!! Thats great! :D:D:D:D

Hulabaloo
September 3rd, 2005, 01:00 PM
Heya Guys!

Finished watching Season 5 on DVD Boxset and have ordered Season 6, BUT its not gonna arrive till two weeks!! NOOOO!!! How can i live?!?!?!?

Anyway,

Any shippy things for Season 6? Do tell...

Sam_o_Neill
September 3rd, 2005, 01:13 PM
Can someone tell me where to find the Gateworld RPG.....
I've seen names of characters in peoples signatures and I would love to see what its all about. I'm probably too late to join in now but I can't hold off my curiosity..:P

Thanks

Somnium
September 3rd, 2005, 01:14 PM
Just wonderin if any body has got there copy of 'Cost of Honour' yet? I know its due out any time now, have pre ordered my copy but am still waiting. Oh well something to look forward to I suppose :D

Hulabaloo
September 3rd, 2005, 01:16 PM
Either go to Stargate Fandom and find the Rules Thread for the RPG, or PM Colonel Sharp or Proxy Blue, they technically 'run' it. Sharp is also my CO, LONG LIVE SG-1!

Somnium
September 3rd, 2005, 01:18 PM
Can someone tell me where to find the Gateworld RPG.....
I've seen names of characters in peoples signatures and I would love to see what its all about. I'm probably too late to join in now but I can't hold off my curiosity..:P

Thanks

Its all in Stargate Fandom there are lots of different threads for locations, but all the important info is here http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=16366.

And its not too late theres still room for more to join :D

Sam_o_Neill
September 3rd, 2005, 01:32 PM
Thanks for the Info! :D:D:D I've had a look through and it looks like great fun but I don't think I would be able to take part, I never know when I'll be able to get on the net and i've never done and RPG before so i'd have no idea what to do :S:S
I have noticed that there is a space in SG-4 the Scientific Corps but i think I'll just be a spectator :P:D

Hulabaloo
September 3rd, 2005, 01:49 PM
I know what ya mean, i was thinking of quitting cos i go off every night and com back on and there have been two pages of posts for me to catch up on (same thing here actuallly) anyone im still there cos of two things; Im soooooo lucky to be on SG-1 and its sooo much fun!

galaxy
September 3rd, 2005, 01:52 PM
Just wonderin if any body has got there copy of 'Cost of Honour' yet? I know its due out any time now, have pre ordered my copy but am still waiting. Oh well something to look forward to I suppose :D

It was due on august 31st (according to amazon).
I preordered it too, but I didn't get it yet either...
Guess we have to wait a little longer. :)
We are shippers...we are used to be patient, right? :rolleyes:

Sam_o_Neill
September 3rd, 2005, 02:01 PM
I know what ya mean, i was thinking of quitting cos i go off every night and com back on and there have been two pages of posts for me to catch up on (same thing here actuallly) anyone im still there cos of two things; Im soooooo lucky to be on SG-1 and its sooo much fun!

I know that I won't be able to spend as much time on here as I would need to to take part in the RPG but its just so appealing to me :S I think it would be really great to join im just not sure wether i should :S

Somnium
September 3rd, 2005, 02:15 PM
I know that I won't be able to spend as much time on here as I would need to to take part in the RPG but its just so appealing to me :S I think it would be really great to join im just not sure wether i should :S

If its appealing to you then do it. Ive never RP'd before but theres a first time for everything! Dont worry about not being around, everyone is really nice and we'll fit around you as and when :D Go on you know you want to.

And On Topic, do you say Sam and Jack or Jack and Sam ??? Just wondering!

Catysg1
September 3rd, 2005, 02:39 PM
Good Morning Shippers!

:D :cool:

What a wealth of discussion! I LOVE IT!!

I'm a little too medicated today to come up with anything interesting in the way of conversational contribution :o , so I'll just sum up all my feelings du jour on the Ship with a pic I made playing with my new Paint Ship (oops, Shop! I think my Freudian slip is showing again!) Pro Studio Suite program (btw--for any PSP users, I highly recommend it, it is totally AWESOME!) that my hubby got for me this week...

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a63/BrenRen1/LoveDestinedSm.jpg (http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a63/BrenRen1/LoveDestined.jpg)

And no matter what the idiots in charge say...

Sam & Jack ARE TOGETHER! FOREVER AND ALWAYS!

Love it Brenren :)

Catysg1
September 3rd, 2005, 02:42 PM
If its appealing to you then do it. Ive never RP'd before but theres a first time for everything! Dont worry about not being around, everyone is really nice and we'll fit around you as and when :D Go on you know you want to.

For SG1 , the woman first so far ..Sam and Jack but I know that for x-files it was MUlder first ..Strange how come we use Sam first for SG1 ..could be because the "S" is softer than the "J" and is better in first position ;)

cafine_us
September 3rd, 2005, 03:09 PM
I say Sam and Jack because I think, orally, the hard "K" sounds best at the end of the phrase. Placing it in the middle sounds awkward.

Cathain Nottingham
September 3rd, 2005, 03:19 PM
Yep, Sam and Jack. For me it's just always been that away. Besides I agree with caty about the Mulder / Scully thing. Hey even on that show Without A Trace I've heard people say Jack / Sam for that pairing.

Catysg1
September 3rd, 2005, 03:26 PM
Yep, Sam and Jack. For me it's just always been that away. Besides I agree with caty about the Mulder / Scully thing. Hey even on that show Without A Trace I've heard people say Jack / Sam for that pairing.

I haven't watched Without a trace yet ...Keep missing it but will do my best to catch it up soon . I agree though the "J" or "K" of Jack is too hard in front . Like the "S" of Scully is too hard in front of the "M" of Mulder ....M is softer than S in that case :)

Still in the Nursery rhymne ..we say "Jack and Jill" !!!! Weird :S

Anyway what matters is that Sam and Jack belong together forever ...LOL ..hehehehehe :D

Caty ;)

scjon
September 3rd, 2005, 03:33 PM
Sam and Jack. No idea why specifically, I just always have. Apologies for the seriously vague answer.

Somnium
September 3rd, 2005, 03:37 PM
Well to answer my own Q I always say Sam and Jack dont know why I just do, sounds wrong the other way round.
Hows the Stargate Marathon going any other scenes taken out??

Off topic - two funny comments I heard today

Im too short for my weight!

and while discussing Jedi knights:

whos the metal one?
thats a robot not a Jedi.
Yeah that one, whats his name P45!!!

Sorry I thought they were funny, but then my humour is a little odd!

scjon
September 3rd, 2005, 03:37 PM
I haven't watched Without a trace yet ...Keep missing it but will do my best to catch it up soon . I agree though the "J" or "K" of Jack is too hard in front . Like the "S" of Scully is too hard in front of the "M" of Mulder ....M is softer than S in that case :) and also Mulder is a longer name ( 2 syllables )so comes first in that case too .

Still in the Nursery rhymne ..we say "Jack and Jill" !!!! Weird :S

Anyway what matters is that Sam and Jack belong together forever ...LOL ..hehehehehe :D

Caty ;)

I suppose it would be quite difficult to get 'Jack' to rhyme with 'hill' :p

But yep, it's our Sam & Jack forever!!

scjon
September 3rd, 2005, 03:39 PM
Well to answer my own Q I always say Sam and Jack dont know why I just do, sounds wrong the other way round.
Hows the Stargate Marathon going any other scenes taken out??

Off topic - two funny comments I heard today

Im too short for my weight!

and while discussing Jedi knights:

whos the metal one?
thats a robot not a Jedi.
Yeah that one, whats his name P45!!!

Sorry I thought they were funny, but then my humour is a little odd!

About as odd as mine. I thought they were funny! Oh yes, I'm definitely too short for my weight-I'd be skinny if I was 8 feet tall (I'm actually 5ft 10) :D

Catysg1
September 3rd, 2005, 03:52 PM
I suppose it would be quite difficult to get 'Jack' to rhyme with 'hill' :p

But yep, it's our Sam & Jack forever!!

Hahahaha ..Good one ..LOL :)

we could always make up our own rhymne to

Jack and Sam fancied some Jam and ....lalalalalalala....la :D and don't ask me what they did with the Jam ;)

or Sam and Jack, late came back..... from ..lalalalalalala...la :D

nell
September 3rd, 2005, 04:03 PM
Hahahaha ..Good one ..LOL :)

we could always make up our own rhymne to

Jack and Sam fancied some Jam and ....lalalalalalala....la :D and don't ask me what they did with the Jam ;)

or Sam and Jack, late came back..... from ..lalalalalalala...la :D

I say/write/think Sam and Jack!! Sounds right, looks right!! JMO!!! :p

Somnium
September 3rd, 2005, 04:08 PM
scjon - just noticed your location, where abouts in London are you its a big place?

sueKay
September 3rd, 2005, 04:18 PM
Just thought I'd post this little saying that I'm making some fan art for...

'would you like to speak to the man in charge, or the woman who knows what's going on?'

Somnium
September 3rd, 2005, 04:54 PM
Suekay - thats a great saying and so applies to our favorite couple, where did you get it from?

sueKay
September 3rd, 2005, 05:16 PM
I got it from a magnet at work!!!!!!

Lookie at my siggie :)

Cathain Nottingham
September 3rd, 2005, 05:19 PM
I got it from a magnet at work!!!!!!

Lookie at my siggie :)

*laughs* I love it Sue! It's so perfect for our pair!

dipsofjazz
September 3rd, 2005, 05:22 PM
I pre ordered mine too, but I haven't got it. I think we'll get it sometime soon. As you say, it's something to look forward to. :D

Shipaholic
September 3rd, 2005, 05:41 PM
Love the new sig Suekay!

Somnium
September 3rd, 2005, 05:49 PM
Oh yeah thats a good one Suekay :D

sueKay
September 3rd, 2005, 05:52 PM
Found this...thought I'd share - check out the site too - it's great!

http://hoodatlair.com/graphics/HaikuPosters/images/soulsawakened640x492.jpg

Cathain Nottingham
September 3rd, 2005, 05:54 PM
Found this...thought I'd share - check out the site too - it's great!

http://hoodatlair.com/graphics/HaikuPosters/images/soulsawakened640x492.jpg

That is great! I love that picture *happy sigh*

Buc252
September 3rd, 2005, 06:28 PM

I know this is OT, but I'm just stuck on this idea of Ba'al clones. Because, to get a true duplicate of Ba'al, you'd have to clone the host, then separately clone the Goa'uld, then implant the Goa'uld clone in the host clone. It just sounds too weird of a concept to me.

wynter
September 3rd, 2005, 06:29 PM
sorry my shipper family for not being here for a way long time,my house is upside down with decorating so i haven't time for any-thing at the moment at the moment i feel

this 'not exactly' from sam has me very excited and gives me a lot of hope,but i want a flashback of what exactly happened,how they eventually got together,who made the 1st move,how did they react,what did daniel and teal'c think!!!i wanna know...
ok they may not be together(they better)but i still feel cheated of not seeing them actually getting together.I know RDA has left not sure if he is coming back,and if we only here a reference of a relationship thats better than nothing,BUT i really really wanted to see the actual coming together!
Can't they do a spin off dvd with sam and jack getting it together for all the shippers to buy??Then that won't bother the non-shippers and make the true shippers happy.(even though i know for a fact that non-shippers will buy it even though they would never admit it).
Is RDA coming back for just 1 episode?

by the way stargate should be here in the u.k soon,does any-body have any idea when?
Also are the u.k people gonna meet sometime because if you do please pm me incase i miss the arrangements,can you imagine the day out,i have no-one around me to talk about sam and jack,they think i'm on cloud la la when i talk about them.

right i promise i will post tomorrow morning before the fire gets ripped out hate D.I.Y............

BIG SORRY TO ANY BIRTHDAYS I MISSED HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!!

wynterxx

Buc252
September 3rd, 2005, 06:35 PM
For SG1 , the woman first so far ..Sam and Jack but I know that for x-files it was MUlder first ..Strange how come we use Sam first for SG1 ..could be because the "S" is softer than the "J" and is better in first position ;)

I don't really know why I do it, but . . .

For SG, it's Jack & Sam. In contrast to XF, where I always used Scully & Mulder.

I have no explanation, it just comes out that way. <g>

Oh, and slightly OT, I need some info for a story I'm writing. Is there any resource that anybody knows of that would say, for instance, if P3A123 had ever been used in an episode of the series, and, if so, which one? This figures strongly in an idea I'm developing, but it's crucial to know if the Tau'ri have ever been to a particular address (not the example above).

Can anybody help?

dipsofjazz
September 3rd, 2005, 07:09 PM

For SG, it's Jack & Sam. In contrast to XF, where I always used Scully & Mulder.

Oh, and slightly OT, I need some info for a story I'm writing. Is there any resource that anybody knows of that would say, for instance, if P3A123 had ever been used in an episode of the series, and, if so, which one? This figures strongly in an idea I'm developing, but it's crucial to know if the Tau'ri have ever been to a particular address (not the example above).

Can anybody help?
:D Hi Mary. You can find all the info here. (http://rdanderson.com/stargate/glyphs/glyphs.htm) If you scroll down you'll find all the addresses. Hope that helps.

gwenhwyfar
September 3rd, 2005, 07:33 PM
I'm first going to warn everyone, I have a sinus cold so I appologize for any spelling mistakes or anything weird is said.

I go with Sam and Jack, not the other way around. When we abreviate we put S/J so...

As for the show Without a Trace, I watch it. There is a Sam (she goes by Samantha. I think it is because her last name is Spade) and Jack. Jack heads the Missing Persons division of the FBI. Samantha works for him. Jack had an affair with Sam in the past. He was married. They called it off but it is obvious feelings are still there. Jack is getting a divorce and Sam is sleeping with Martin. Or Danny. I can't really think right now. It's a good show but has kinda gone downhill since they have gone into the character's personal lives.

Token
September 3rd, 2005, 07:59 PM

http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/36/36_1_75.gif (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZSzfw003) Amanda is sure to LOVE it as I did!! I've only seen Amanda in Stargate so it is interesting to see her other roles! The intro was great! What a way to find a use for that scene. Thanks soooo much for sharing your wonderful video! Now that your expertise has been shown, when can we expect the Sam and Jack video??? :p

Queen Eleta
September 3rd, 2005, 08:08 PM

Can anybody help?

You can also go to the omnipedia here at GW and look under planets.

Equinox
September 3rd, 2005, 08:31 PM
more shippy pics
http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a200/SuSiE_SG1/awir.jpg
http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a200/SuSiE_SG1/asfe.jpg
http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a200/SuSiE_SG1/112.jpg

also, just a quick question, when sam and jack get married, would they both wear their dress blues? like this?

Hey Susie! LOL I will steal your Jumper tonight .... man, I havent poasted here in .. FOREVER! miss me? :P

http://storage.msn.com/x1pi9AUjD9T4AWZRmJFChP_xQgJvq2NDJo_UCbmWIrFScMrqh7TF-Fg1903JSIwkJ4FODQcMusacWasKNCQaR8fBuO4gnyAK9dJCUR2fp0YJ4taXUCDG5-HGK4Eq3udszaCDBbXKYU3j5tIVkJw0FM_Ow

http://storage.msn.com/x1pi9AUjD9T4AWZRmJFChP_xQgJvq2NDJo_UCbmWIrFScNNi_5_K2AtTHmlTbg6l7TfXGiuTbKscS7gk Igm4EyS_uJy8_JfVSTkSvlxahTPpjKwbx29PfVHk_ClEq7bcRPTIR50IqAyPS7S6PAOpQwMnQ

Made by Me!!!

BrenRen
September 3rd, 2005, 08:55 PM

Can anybody help?
Mary... have you checked Arduinna's Stargate Guide? It's kind of the viewer's almanac of the Stargate Universe!

http://www.stargatehandbook.org/

I use it a lot when I get stuc writing... Very handy-dandy!

SuSiE_SG1
September 3rd, 2005, 09:04 PM
if the puddle jumpers a rocking, dont come a knocking

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a200/SuSiE_SG1/image3536.jpg

SuSiE_SG1
September 3rd, 2005, 09:05 PM
just a quick question for everyone, would you prefer the series to end at season 9 and get your sam and jack relationship in the very last episode, or would you prefer to have stargate go on for another few years without the sam and jack relationship, just have little hints here and there about them???

Daniel's_twin
September 3rd, 2005, 09:16 PM
Hard to say since I already know the immediate fate of the series length-wise. :cool:

SuSiE_SG1
September 3rd, 2005, 09:29 PM
Hard to say since I already know the immediate fate of the series length-wise. :cool:

really??? how long???

SamCarterONeill
September 3rd, 2005, 09:29 PM
just a quick question for everyone, would you prefer the series to end at season 9 and get your sam and jack relationship in the very last episode, or would you prefer to have stargate go on for another few years without the sam and jack relationship, just have little hints here and there about them???

Hey susie, I found you! :-)

I'd rather have it END and get my s/j because the ship is the main reason i watch the show anymore [ever since RDA minimized his time on the set, etc etc]

SuSiE_SG1
September 3rd, 2005, 09:31 PM
really, youd have it end, i would prefer to keep it going and have to look for little comments or things to try and prove that they are together, well because they are!

SamCarterONeill
September 3rd, 2005, 09:40 PM
<snip>to try and prove that they are together, well because they are!

LOL so true :p

Buc252
September 3rd, 2005, 09:53 PM

I'd rather have it end at the conclusion of S9. Well, actually, I'd *rather* it ended with S8, with the ship resolved on screen, but barring that, ending it now is the best I can hope for. A show shouldn't have to become more and more awful just for the $$ of TPTB.

SG1 deserves a respectable ending.

SamCarterONeill
September 3rd, 2005, 09:58 PM
I'd rather have it end at the conclusion of S9. Well, actually, I'd *rather* it ended with S8, with the ship resolved on screen, but barring that, ending it now is the best I can hope for. A show shouldn't have to become more and more awful just for the $$ of TPTB.

SG1 deserves a respectable ending.

WELL SAID!!!

And i love your sig :D

Equinox
September 3rd, 2005, 11:25 PM

I dont know, I'd rather have it end at the wonderfull Seasion 8 ... but keep going and have hints... then wen it ends, have lots of ship in the movie!!!
:)

Equinox
September 3rd, 2005, 11:27 PM

Care to inlighten me? :p

gwenhwyfar
September 3rd, 2005, 11:35 PM

I would have prefered it end with Season 8. I hope it ends with this season. With everything being resoved! I just don't want the series to go the way of The X-Files. But it looks like it will. :( The only good part was Mulder and Scully were together in the end. I hope it is the same for Sam and Jack! Officially. As in a kiss. Or even better, a wedding!

pittsburghgirl
September 3rd, 2005, 11:47 PM
oh yes, do tell.

pittsburghgirl
September 4th, 2005, 12:01 AM
I do however have two big -well-okay-fears that they will either:

a. drag this sucker out until the bitter end-that however long this series lasts-the tease will be on. (unless of course AT decides that 9 years is enough and she wants to be home with Olivia and maybe decide to have another baby while she can)
or
b. they are supposedly writing the cliff hanger like they are going to have a season 10-and they get cancelled and then nothing is resolved.

so which is worse?

Queen Eleta
September 4th, 2005, 12:23 AM
Stephen King just wrote an article about 'Lost', but I think some of the ideas can apply to 'Stargate' too.
"But they all [the shows] also face a huge problem, a.k.a. the Prime Network Directive: Thou Shall Not Kill the Cash Cow. That directive is what made the last season of 'The X-Files' so ignominious. There was no real closure; minus the continuing pressence of David Duchoveny, 'X-Files' blundered off into a swamp of black oil, and in that swamp it died."

"When a meal is perfectly cooked, it's time to take it out of the oven. And when a story is perfectly told, it's time to fade to black."

He was writing about how much he likes 'Lost", but hopes the network won't beat it to death, either.

Oma-1
September 4th, 2005, 12:47 AM
I know this is OT, but I'm just stuck on this idea of Ba'al clones. Because, to get a true duplicate of Ba'al, you'd have to clone the host, then separately clone the Goa'uld, then implant the Goa'uld clone in the host clone. It just sounds too weird of a concept to me.
I was wondering about that too Buc - I'm assuming that only the host was cloned so we have lots of Ba'al lookalikes (yum :D) but without the flashing eyes and the real Ba'al gets to hide amongst them . Although having not watched the ep yet, I don't know if I'm right ....

Ooh, another thing, do we get to hear - ya know, maybe I should just go visit the ep thread or contain my curiosity until I see it :p

Sam_o_Neill
September 4th, 2005, 12:55 AM

Thanks for the pushing...I've just PMed Colonel Sharp to ask for a position :D

To be honest I can't choose.....I usually write Sam and Jack but Jack and Sam sounds better...I think...:S:S

Sam_o_Neill
September 4th, 2005, 01:02 AM

Thats a hard one...i'd love for Stargate to go on forverer but if it keeps changing like it has for Season 9 I think I would prefer to get a whole lot of Sam/Jack ship at the end of S9 rather that stretch Stargate out so that it is unrecognisable as Stargate......

Sam_o_Neill
September 4th, 2005, 01:04 AM
if the puddle jumpers a rocking, dont come a knocking

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a200/SuSiE_SG1/image3536.jpg

ROTFL!! :D I will heed your warning:P

sg-1fanintn
September 4th, 2005, 01:04 AM
:D Hi Mary. You can find all the info here. (http://rdanderson.com/stargate/glyphs/glyphs.htm) If you scroll down you'll find all the addresses. Hope that helps.
Wow, Bev, thanks! I've been to the site many times, but had no idea that was there!

Mary... have you checked Arduinna's Stargate Guide? It's kind of the viewer's almanac of the Stargate Universe!

http://www.stargatehandbook.org/

I use it a lot when I get stuc writing... Very handy-dandy!
I had no idea this existed either! Thanks, BrenRen!

I'd like to see it end and get my ship at the end of S9.....and then hope Rick could be talked into a couple of movie features a year! If TPTB can't figure out ways for them to go through the gate together (or be in the show together) after the UST becomes RST, all they need to do is check with us!!!

I also want to say:

Welcome back, Wynter, and congrats on 500 posts!
Welcome back, Sam o Neill!
Love the new sig, sueKay!
BrenRen, thanks for the great pic!

Equinox
September 4th, 2005, 01:07 AM
Thanks for the pushing...I've just PMed Colonel Sharp to ask for a position :D

To be honest I can't choose.....I usually write Sam and Jack but Jack and Sam sounds better...I think...:S:S

I never really thought abotu it... I guess I say "Sam and Jack" I knwo Amanda said she doesn't want Sam to be "Jack's girl" so I say, she doesn't have to be, but Jack can be Sam's Guy :P Thus Sam/ Jack :p but as we all know there on equil leveles... so say backwards "kcaJ / maS"

Sam_o_Neill
September 4th, 2005, 01:10 AM
lol :D Actually I do think Sam/Jack is best, it the default thing really...all of us do it that way so I vote it stays that way. And going from SueKays new sign Sam should be in front...Jacks the leader but Sams the one who knows whats going on :P

sg-1fanintn
September 4th, 2005, 01:14 AM
Just because.....

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y128/newsgoddess/Threads_128CR.jpg

JACK: Isn't this a great way to spend the holiday weekend?
SAM: Yep! I never knew I'd like fishing so much until we started meeting here!
JACK: Yeah.....'specially since we have the place all to ourselves this time....
SAM: Are you thinking what I'm thinking?
JACK (reels in line, stands up, motions toward house and takes Sam's reel) : And we're walking......

Hulabaloo
September 4th, 2005, 01:28 AM
Just because.....

JACK: Yeah.....'specially since we have the place all to ourselves this time....
JACK (reels in line, stands up, motions toward house and takes Sam's reel) : And we're walking......

Sooooooo shippy yay!

Id say Sam and Jack cos i just like it taht way, and i would rather the series kept on going with little snippets.

sg-1fanintn
September 4th, 2005, 01:51 AM
I forgot to mention that although I enjoyed the marathon Friday evening, it was really irritating to see the Sam/Jack moment on the Goa'uld ship edited down, and the shippy part cut. It upset me so much that I took off to Sam's Club today to buy S7 so I could see it in its proper form! Hubby had just been there a few days ago, and assured me that seasons 1-7 were all in stock....for just $31.50 each!

Well, we got there, and people here must have been buying a lot of SG-1 sets the last few days, because they only had seasons 1,3 and 5 on the shelves! So, I'm ordering it online instead!!!

("*Hmmph! That'll show Skiffy!*" Tosses head defiantly.)

florence
September 4th, 2005, 02:02 AM
sg1fanintn, it's great, I really love it ! :D (I can't quote your post because GW keeps freezing on me... :rolleyes: and now I have to re-write my whole post... :S )

I've just been reading the last pages of this thread and here's what I wanted to add to the discussion...

1. I say Sam & Jack... like I was saying Mulder & Scully (wasn't everyone saying that btw ? I mean, I've always seen MSR, never SMR... )
As for Without a Trace, well I say Martin & Sam... :p

2. When should SG1 end ? IMO it probably should have ended with S8, but with a sligthly better shippy ending. Not something too obvious like a wedding (actually, I think I've already said it before, but I don't want to ever see a wedding scene in SG1. It looks too much like a soap opera for me... )
Instead, we could have had the end scene in Thread but sligthly different like Jack putting his arms around Sam's shoulders when she says "We should have done it before" and he answers "Let's not dwell..."
Okay, a kiss would have been great too ! :p :D
I haven't seen the S9 eps yet so I can't tell if they are good or not... or rather if I like them or not... But I keep getting this XFiles feeling : 7 years of delight, then one of the main characters want to go away from the show and we get 2 seasons that could easily be forgotten... :rolleyes:

*crosses fingers and hits the reply button...*

Chrysalis
September 4th, 2005, 02:15 AM
Thats a hard one...i'd love for Stargate to go on forverer but if it keeps changing like it has for Season 9 I think I would prefer to get a whole lot of Sam/Jack ship at the end of S9 rather that stretch Stargate out so that it is unrecognisable as Stargate......

I think it's possible for Stargate to go on, past season nine. (having said that, I've only seen up to the end of season 8).

The thing is, if they work on a transition, this series could go on forever. The Sam/Jack thing could be resolved, but that of course would depend on whether Amanda wanted to stay with the series and whether RDA could be talked into making more appearances. It's not like they've 'skimped' on getting new cast members. They've brought in some impressive names who could see the show into a new phase if that's the way they decided to go. One other thing to think about. Michael Shanks left. He was going to go away and make movies. Then next thing you knew, he was back. There's nothing to say RDA won't decide he wants to be more involved should the show go into a 10th year.

I always thought that The X Files could have gone on, with Robert Patrick and Annabeth Gish, if Gillian Anderson had been let out of the show when she wanted to go, so that the Scully character wasn't hanging over the heads of Doggett and Reyes. I'm one of those crazy people who loved season nine. A 10th series could have been a new beginning for the show --- back to basics with more traditional x-files and new story arcs.

sg-1fanintn
September 4th, 2005, 02:30 AM
Hi, Alyssa! Welcome to the thread! I don't think I've seen you here before. Be sure to come back and visit often!

You make some really good points, and I think you're right! In fact, I would have been much more open to the changes in S9 if they had properly resolved THE SHIP at the close of S8. As it is, I was struggling not to get disgusted before AT came back. Her return has made the show more comfortable for me.....especially since TPTB have thrown us a couple of shippy bones in her first two appearances.

I am in favor of the show continuing, but they need a positive resolution to THE SHIP soon. Sam and Jack shouldn't have to wait forever to be together! TPTB's failure to resolve it frustrates me.

And I think Florence is right.....to resolve it, we definitely need one (at least) good our reality Sam and Jack, not under alien influence, disease-free honest to goodness kiss!

And with that, the last U.S. shipper still awake and posting bids fellow shippers around the world a fond good night!

Chrysalis
September 4th, 2005, 03:20 AM
Hi, Alyssa! Welcome to the thread! I don't think I've seen you here before. Be sure to come back and visit often!

You make some really good points, and I think you're right! In fact, I would have been much more open to the changes in S9 if they had properly resolved THE SHIP at the close of S8. As it is, I was struggling not to get disgusted before AT came back. Her return has made the show more comfortable for me.....especially since TPTB have thrown us a couple of shippy bones in her first two appearances.

I am in favor of the show continuing, but they need a positive resolution to THE SHIP soon. Sam and Jack shouldn't have to wait forever to be together! TPTB's failure to resolve it frustrates me.

And I think Florence is right.....to resolve it, we definitely need one (at least) good our reality Sam and Jack, not under alien influence, disease-free honest to goodness kiss!

And with that, the last U.S. shipper still awake and posting bids fellow shippers around the world a fond good night!

Hi! Have been here on and off, but not with any great frequency! I think those who feel the show should end when the Sam/Jack this is resolved are limiting their options. There's so much that can still happen --- the whole Stargate universe is one where anything is possible, and it can go on for many years to come.

I'm a little nervous about the first eps of season nine being Sam free. I do love Amanda! The idea of the show without her or RDA is a little unsettling, but, as you've said, give us a resolution and anything is possible. This series could go on for another 10 years, for all we know, with a changing of the guard. I'd be hoping the originals would stick around for as long as possible, but I don't think it would be bad without them, just different...

As much as I didn't want to, I've got sucked in to the whole Atlantis Shep/Weir thing, so it seems my Stargate obsession won't end any time soon even if we reach the end of an era with Sam and Jack.

Equinox
September 4th, 2005, 03:37 AM
I always thought that The X Files could have gone on, with Robert Patrick and Annabeth Gish, if Gillian Anderson had been let out of the show when she wanted to go, so that the Scully character wasn't hanging over the heads of Doggett and Reyes. I'm one of those crazy people who loved season nine. A 10th series could have been a new beginning for the show --- back to basics with more traditional x-files and new story arcs.

OH yes, most definatley. Just like the new SG, go with the flow! Things change and evolve, cause and effect my friends. And yes SG is different now, but it's still the same... am I making any sence? I'm loving it! RDA may not be 'there' and there could allways be a chance of him comming back --- but my STUUUPID 19 yr old brother hasn't even noticed he's gone because some one's allways on the phone Jack or something :rolleyes: :p

What was my point? Oh yes. Sam and Jack :)

Equinox
September 4th, 2005, 03:40 AM
As much as I didn't want to, I've got sucked in to the whole Atlantis Shep/Weir thing, so it seems my Stargate obsession won't end any time soon even if we reach the end of an era with Sam and Jack.

Ohhh me too :P I'm such a sucker for ship :p Can't wait for FSF con in Sydney :D MOahaha, will express my ship on a T-shirt = on the Front Sam/Jack, on the Back Shep/Weir. lol. :D

Chrysalis
September 4th, 2005, 03:54 AM
Ohhh me too :P I'm such a sucker for ship :p Can't wait for FSF con in Sydney :D MOahaha, will express my ship on a T-shirt = on the Front Sam/Jack, on the Back Shep/Weir. lol. :D

I'll be catching them in Melbourne. I love both of those pairings! There's just something about them! I've been a Sam/Jack fan since the first episode I saw. And I didn't see the Shep/Teyla thing everyone raved about. For me it was all Shep/Weir from day one!

shipper hannah
September 4th, 2005, 03:59 AM
IMO it probably should have ended with S8, but with a sligthly better shippy ending. Not something too obvious like a wedding (actually, I think I've already said it before, but I don't want to ever see a wedding scene in SG1. It looks too much like a soap opera for me... )

that's what i think too. i think some people assume that cos i'm a shipper i want to see a wedding and all that, but i couldn't stand that, it would just make me cringe.. i dont like soppy stuff like that. i can't even read fanfics which involve them getting married and having kids, really. :eek:

Chrysalis
September 4th, 2005, 04:22 AM
that's what i think too. i think some people assume that cos i'm a shipper i want to see a wedding and all that, but i couldn't stand that, it would just make me cringe.. i dont like soppy stuff like that. i can't even read fanfics which involve them getting married and having kids, really. :eek:

I wouldn't have wanted it to end at season eight, because then it's like it's all about RDA and AT. It's unfair to the rest of the cast to go, okay, we're hooking Sam and Jack up and finishing the series. These people have put a lot of work into making this show what it is --- something that's better than the original movie. How rare is that? I think they deserve the opportunity to see the show into its next phase --- a revamped SG1, which is essentially what's happening in series nine.

On the fan fiction angle, as soon as I see Sam, Jack, married with kids, I switch off. I also find some of that really sexual stuff a bit offputting, too!! (arrggh! Read one once, and was really disturbed!!!)

Equinox
September 4th, 2005, 04:57 AM
OH yes! No, not a wedding and Kids! I don't want to see that. Subtley, yes. I'm a S/J Shipper all the way yes but and I'd Love for them to get married, but I don't want to see it lol, I'd rather the angust, there's more passion that way. A fight, struggle. See, I don't want to see it on SG, but I do read it on FF. KateMcKay and Eve8 (gotta love those sisters!) You really need the Action behind the adventure. And, plus, in my heart I knwo Sam and Jack are secretly all ready married and Pete was a cover up lol :p
Oh and Susie's stories! read those! lol and hell... read mine!

gate_girl12
September 4th, 2005, 05:22 AM
Hi everyone,

Read a few of the previous posts, but I'm afraid I wasn't patient enough to read them all. So, what's been happening??

I would prefer to see the show go out with a bang and finally have HARD SOLID evidence than Sam and Jack are together, rather than having the show drag on and on with only little bits to keep us happy. That's just my opinion.

I also, for some unknown reason, refer to them as Sam and Jack rather than the other way around. Sounds odd, Jack and Sam, for some reason.

Cheers.

(OT: Thoughts go out to all the victims and survivors of the Katrina Hurricane in New Orleans.)

nell
September 4th, 2005, 05:23 AM
Just because.....

Season 8 Awww, see how easy it would have been TPTB to include those words in the script? As much as we want it, they wouldn't have to spend one cent on interior scenes, just give us those words!!!!!!!!!
Thanks sg=1fanintn!!! Couldn't give you the green yet!!!

HailDorothy
September 4th, 2005, 05:26 AM
Just popping in before heading off to church with my two cents worth on the marraige and kids issue for Sam and Jack.

I have never gotten through one fic with Jack and Sam playing Ozzie and Harriette Nelson (a 1950 TV show) happily ever after plot.

Gag me with a Goa'uld! :eek:

But I do think coz I'm in the midst of writing one, :D that it can be pulled off, long as you show they will never live a normal suburbian, borish life. Remember this is suppose to be SCI-FI!

In other words give us an action, and adventure someone's abducted Jack and Sam's kids scenerio, etc. And no one messes with Jack's kids! Or an even more original plot.

But write it like a real SG-1 episode. I mean let's face it, Jack O'Neill with kids is like Willie Wonka's Chocolate Factory. He never grew up! I can only imagine what his kids would be like! And then add Sam's brains and well that's a story for galatic trouble if ever there was one.

In other words give me action, adventure, romance and plenty of Jack and Sam and anything is possible.

I don't think its what you write about, but how you write it! Just don't make it a slap happy soap opera and I will probably read it.

Later Campers!

Rogue
September 4th, 2005, 05:38 AM
I forgot to mention that although I enjoyed the marathon Friday evening, it was really irritating to see the Sam/Jack moment on the Goa'uld ship edited down, and the shippy part cut. It upset me so much that I took off to Sam's Club today to buy S7 so I could see it in its proper form! Hubby had just been there a few days ago, and assured me that seasons 1-7 were all in stock....for just $31.50 each!

Well, we got there, and people here must have been buying a lot of SG-1 sets the last few days, because they only had seasons 1,3 and 5 on the shelves! So, I'm ordering it online instead!!!

("*Hmmph! That'll show Skiffy!*" Tosses head defiantly.)

You know, I noticed that too. I thought maybe I just missed it. Why would they do that?

Rogue
September 4th, 2005, 05:41 AM
I was wondering about that too Buc - I'm assuming that only the host was cloned so we have lots of Ba'al lookalikes (yum :D) but without the flashing eyes and the real Ba'al gets to hide amongst them . Although having not watched the ep yet, I don't know if I'm right ....

Ooh, another thing, do we get to hear - ya know, maybe I should just go visit the ep thread or contain my curiosity until I see it :p

Someone suggested that Ba'al was actually the woman. There was only one of her.

Equinox
September 4th, 2005, 06:06 AM

LMAO!!! Yes, well, the'll never suspect that :p

nell
September 4th, 2005, 07:25 AM

Hmmm?? I don't know about that but ExDM I was surprised that she didn't join Ba'al in his bed chambers!!! :p

pittsburghgirl
September 4th, 2005, 08:44 AM
you know that is an interesting concept and so very true. wouldn't that cause a few things to ...welll....-ahem-as this is a PG forum-let us just say stand up and take notice and be done with it.

scjon
September 4th, 2005, 08:56 AM
scjon - just noticed your location, where abouts in London are you its a big place?
South West ish edge of Greater London-a place called Teddington. I notice you're from Weybridge. I have been there once or twice. My husband occasionally goes down there to a camera shop.

Back on topic. I think that whether I want the s/j ship to end with a scene in season 9 or have occasional references through any successive seasons depends on how it is handled (and what sort of a mood I'm in!).

I don't need to see them get married on screen, but it would be nice to have some sort of visual confirmation (a kiss would do me fine).

I've read somewhere that techinically a spoiler? (highlight to read))[COLOR=White]season 9 is supposed to end with a huge cliffhanger, so I think that TPTB are really hoping for a season 10. If that happens, it would be nice to get more subtle references. The whole show doesn't have to be about the ship, but it's good to know it's there.

I suppose there's no reason why we couldn't have a little of both-a genuine alien influence free kiss in this reality at some point in season 9-which doesn't have to bring the series to an end in itself-and then occasional references throughout however many seasons the show has left.

Did that make any sense??

nell
September 4th, 2005, 09:30 AM
OK, moving right along with my Photoshop Elements, I have created my first panorama!!! I'm working on the stitching because it's a little sloppy but nonetheless, VOILA, my new signature!!! ;)

UhSir
September 4th, 2005, 10:11 AM
Phew! I’ve caught up on the last 10 pages and here are some of my thoughts.

What do I call the ship? I prefer to say Sam and Jack but will say Jack and Sam at times. I will never morph them together! That’s just weird! The closest I’ll come to morphing is Sam/Jack or Jack/Sam or S/J. (For some reason I don’t use J/S. Hmm, wonder why?)

End the show with resolved Sam/Jack or keep the show going with little shippy hints? I would be happy if they directly acknowledge the ship at the end of season 9 and then keep the show going without any Sam/Jack ship after that. Oh, that wasn’t a choice? Okay, then end the show with season 9 with a Sam and Jack resolution worthy of our respect. I don’t want them to continue to write shows with Sam/Jack UST because they don’t know how to write it anymore. So I would prefer it if they would just stop. I will still watch the show without S/J ship. Well, I will if they actually start to use the Stargate more and the Prometheus less and make a quick end of the Ori story. But that’s just my feelings and I’m only one teeny, insignificant fan.

I am one that would not want a wedding on the show. I would rather it just be mentioned, either directly or indirectly. I prefer the show to not be so tight with the personal lives of the characters. I like to keep it professional with a few personal tidbits. That’s how the first four seasons went and that’s what hooked me into the show. But that doesn’t mean I would be opposed to having a nice snuggly hug and kiss!

I started to watch the Friday marathon and when they got to the scene on the ship and they cut it, I got livid. I turned the television off. I’m really starting to hate the SciFi channel. They are already screwing up the promos by showing key scenes. ” The bomb isn’t in the building. The bomb is the building.” Knowing that from the promo just completely deflated the effect of that whole sequence. Is SciFi trying to drive away the viewers?

In that picture from Threads (or is that from Moebius?) with Sam and Jack on the pier. I can’t help but notice the negative body language. Their legs are crossed away from each other and Sam is even slightly turned away from Jack. I know the PTBs are deep into visual references, so I can’t believe this is unintentional, but am I being too critical? Maybe I wouldn’t think so if Jack would have put his hand on Sam’s arm when he said, “I told ya!” I don’t need tons of soppy mushy love stuff, but just a little teeny confirmation every now and then would be nice. And now I just made myself nuts wondering if there is a difference between the two scenes! And I have to wait until October when I get the s8 DVDs so I can check this out.

Last but certainly not least: ÜberSG-1Fan, WooHoo ! Your video is absolutely T-rific! (And you have my favorite Sam/Maybourne scene in it!)

galaxy
September 4th, 2005, 10:28 AM
OK, moving right along with my Photoshop Elements, I have created my first panorama!!! I'm working on the stitching because it's a little sloppy but nonetheless, VOILA, my new signature!!! ;)

Aww, it's wonderful!
Love the way they look at each other! *sigh* :rolleyes:
From which episode are the caps?