PDA

View Full Version : Sam Carter/Jack O'Neill Ship Appreciation Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 [47] 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57

Cathain Nottingham
August 29th, 2005, 06:46 PM
Same here... SMEA, Peter DeLuise sings in every ep that he directed and the ones on the website if I'm not mistaken is Joe Mallozzi and Paul Millie on the comentaries of Prodigy... I found out that they are the ones that composed the lyrics :p, it's from S4 and they say it is one of the first things they wrote :p ROFL

Actually I have the song on my iPod :D its a must on a college campus!

Cathain Nottingham
August 29th, 2005, 06:47 PM
Wow, where are my manners.... :o

Welcome Squeeeeequers !!!! :p.... WOW and all this from a Not Exactly :p

Cathain... 400.... WOW, you are flying girl :p Congrats

Well its been what? A month? Not bad I guess :D

LOL4JACK
August 29th, 2005, 07:05 PM
Well its been what? A month? Not bad I guess :D
:p :p... Not bad... I hope you have gathered plenty of shippy ideas to finish the Dance fic :p.... (yep, not letting that one go...)

Here goes another one, you can bring Marcus to the story... LOL him finding himself taking lessons too with Sam and Jack in the same room... weeeird :p, you can call it.... Dancing with the regs, or SGs Dance together :p

And another milestone for you, yesterday was your 1st month anniversary.... when you joined us on Ship day :p

LOL4JACK
August 29th, 2005, 07:18 PM
Nell, Billie, I'm having problems using my PM again.. :(

Billie, I can't believe my bad luck... kinda... I'll be in France the week that you will be in NYC :( from Sept 11th until Sept 25th and I miss the mid-season finale :(

Nell, I love S7 box set, love comentaries, love the specials, Fallen, Homecoming, Heroes, Fragile Balance... **stops to catch breath*Death Knell, Lost City, OK almost all... ohh and the first 5min... NO MORE of the :eek: ep... becuase it has the Sniff debate :D.... although please don't look forward to the comentaries of Grace, IMO they are not good at all....

I'll keep trying to PM you both.... I had the same problem a week ago and finally after 17 times of having my IE freeze I managed to PM now, I don't know...

Cathain Nottingham
August 29th, 2005, 07:23 PM
:p :p... Not bad... I hope you have gathered plenty of shippy ideas to finish the Dance fic :p.... (yep, not letting that one go...)

Here goes another one, you can bring Marcus to the story... LOL him finding himself taking lessons too with Sam and Jack in the same room... weeeird :p, you can call it.... Dancing with the regs, or SGs Dance together :p

And another milestone for you, yesterday was your 1st month anniversary.... when you joined us on Ship day :p

YAY! Go me :D

sg-1fanintn
August 29th, 2005, 07:32 PM
LOL4JACK, good to see you!

Congratulations, Cathain Nottingham, on 400 posts!

Here's my method for outsmarting Gateworld when it's not accepting posts well.

1. Open up a new Word doc. Minimize it.
2. Go to forum. Quote anyone you want. While you're in the primary message reply box, do everything you want to the copy (size, font, italics, etc.). Then, copy or cut it, and paste it into the blank Word doc.
3. Repeat process until you have built your post, including making your comments.
4. Save Word doc. Copy entire post.
5. Go to Quick Reply. Paste the entire post there, and post it.

More than likely, the message will go through. If it doesn't, you've already saved it in your Word doc, and you can try again when GW is feeling better.

Cathain Nottingham
August 29th, 2005, 07:36 PM

2. Go to forum. Quote anyone you want. While you're in the primary message reply box, do everything you want to the copy (size, font, italics, etc.). Then, copy or cut it, and paste it into the blank Word doc.
3. Repeat process until you have built your post, including making your comments.

More than likely, the message will go through. If it doesn't, you've already saved it in your Word doc, and you can try again when GW is feeling better.

Okay I'm saving this file in my Word doc to remember :D And thanks!!!

LOL4JACK
August 29th, 2005, 07:40 PM

((((((Meli))))) All the tecnobabble is sticking to you :D we have our own Caaaarter :p

sg-1fanintn
August 29th, 2005, 07:44 PM
((((((Meli))))) All the tecnobabble is sticking to you :D we have our own Caaaarter :p

Oh, I wouldn't say that. But sometimes I can figure out a way to get around obstacles.

By the way, there are new ratings to report. You can read them on GW here: http://www.gateworld.net/news/2005/08/iatlantisileadsaugust26rat.shtml

or you can hear my analysis here.

SGA again led the ratings for the evening's first run with a 2.2. SG-1 had a 1.9, and BSG had a 2.1.

But if you add the two viewings together, it's a different picture. SG-1 gets an overall 3.1. SGA gets a total 3.0, and BSG comes in 3rd with an overall 2.7.

nell
August 29th, 2005, 08:05 PM
Greetings!!
I'm watching Emancipation!! I love Jack's budding attraction to Sam!!! I love it when Sam asserts herself to Jack's orders to walk away from saving the tribal girl!!! :p UST is percolating!!!

LOL4JACK, France? Nice!! I remember reading a Sam and Jack fanfic set in England and Europe. I hope you get some fun time in between work!!!

Cathain, I'm so happy that you joined Our Thread!!! At the rate you're posting, you'll be into 4 digits by the end of the year!!

sg-1fanintn, thanks for the 'code' to break through GW's glitches!!!

nell
August 29th, 2005, 08:18 PM
or you can hear my analysis here.

SGA again led the ratings for the evening's first run with a 2.2. SG-1 had a 1.9, and BSG had a 2.1.

But if you add the two viewings together, it's a different picture. SG-1 gets an overall 3.1. SGA gets a total 3.0, and BSG comes in 3rd with an overall 2.7.

Well, I don't go looking for the ratings but I appreciate your bringing it to our attention. After all, ratings mean the longevity of the show!! Nice to see that SG-1 is still #1!!! I watched bits of BSG and there is a rawness and ST that peaks my curiosity (not that Doctor/cylon blonde thing) but it's a little too serious for me. I like SG-1 for alot of things and the humor is important to me, too. Of course, Jack's gone, um, for now, kinda, maybe!!! I liked his humor, his smirk, his.....ooops, wrong thread!!! :p OT I'm looking forward to the 6 shows this Friday for Sam and Jack moments!!! :D

Cathain Nottingham
August 29th, 2005, 08:18 PM
Greetings!!
I'm watching Emancipation!! I love Jack's budding attraction to Sam!!! I love it when Sam asserts herself to Jack's orders to walk away from saving the tribal girl!!! :p UST is percolating!!!

Definate UST in that ep! Though being such a hopeless romantic I wanted Jack to save the day :D

Cathain, I'm so happy that you joined Our Thread!!! At the rate you're posting, you'll be into 4 digits by the end of the year!!

:D Well a girl could hope! Maybe I'll hit another milestone by my birthday in November.

trupi
August 29th, 2005, 08:20 PM
Greetings!!

LOL4JACK, France? Nice!! I remember reading a Sam and Jack fanfic set in England and Europe. I hope you get some fun time in between work!!!

sg-1fanintn, thanks for the 'code' to break through GW's glitches!!!
When I watch "Emancipation" and Sam is kicking the guys butt, the look on Jack's face reminds me of the song from"Lady and the Tramp"- "This is Love"! Talk about repect and seeing her from a different angle!

Gatetrixer
August 29th, 2005, 08:25 PM
Where can these SG lyrics be found?

mad_gater
August 29th, 2005, 08:25 PM
I would say it's "habemus relationem amoris", but though I'm pretty sure that "relatio" is a noun of third declension, I'm not sure if "amor" has to be in genitive here, so no guarantee!!! :S

Please correct me if I'm wrong, I suck in Latin grammar!!! LOL :p
Well I know NO latin whatsoever....it sounds pretty good though flowing off my tongue though....:P:D

nell
August 29th, 2005, 08:29 PM
When I watch "Emancipation" and Sam is kicking the guys butt, the look on Jack's face reminds me of the song from"Lady and the Tramp"- "This is Love"! Talk about repect and seeing her from a different angle!

That would be a yes!!!!! :p Hee, hee!! :D

aeromathlete
August 29th, 2005, 08:41 PM
Hey, I'm dropping my head back in here just to celebrate the spoiler quote of the week. Hehehe. Yay!

mad_gater
August 29th, 2005, 08:43 PM
Internet Cafe!!! :D:D I can't saty away for more than a few days :P
I heard about Hurricane Katrina and I really just wanted to pop in to see how everyone in the US is, I hope you are all ok!!((((((((((((((((HUgs)))))))))))))))))))))))

I can't wait to see Ex Deus Machina, Suekay has given me a little spoiler and it sounds good! :D:P

I've got to go now, Take care everyone
From what I heard the remnants of Katrina are supposedly tracking towards the Buffalo, NY area....but hopefully it should be weak enough so that the only thing it can do for the most part is make everything soggy.....a little TOO soggy near some of the creeks and rivers in my area maybe, but I don't live too close to any creeks, so I should be OK....I hope...:S

mad_gater
August 29th, 2005, 09:04 PM

Or when the Ori are done muckin' around with GW.....or if the Wraith virus has been cleaned out of it...:P:D

mad_gater
August 29th, 2005, 09:12 PM
yup....Emancipation was a good ep....we had "kick-tuchis" Sam rather than "doormat" Sam....which was good.

And Jack was SO checkin' her out in that dress.....:P:D

trupi
August 29th, 2005, 09:18 PM
yup....Emancipation was a good ep....we had "kick-tuchis" Sam rather than "doormat" Sam....which was good.

And Jack was SO checkin' her out in that dress.....:P:D
Then comes Broca Divide where Sam can't take no for an answer. That's when Jack knew he found his woman! Any woman that can flip him on his back is a woman for him!

BrenRen
August 29th, 2005, 10:38 PM
Then comes Broca Divide where Sam can't take no for an answer. That's when Jack knew he found his woman! Any woman that can flip him on his back is a woman for him!
Oh... I dunno... I think he knew he'd found his woman right about the time she said "Or do we have to arm wrestle"... But maybe that's just me!

Hi-Bye Fly-by post!!!

sg1rox
August 29th, 2005, 10:50 PM

& of course Jack makes that tank top comment at the end... Plus you gotta love the part where Sam asks if he "wants" her (while jumping him like a wild animal) & he says "Not like this...." :eek: :) :D See it started a long time ago (IMHO, at the very start). Not just in the 3rd season (in Out of Mind & Into the Fire), like some (including TPTB) claim.

sg1rox
August 29th, 2005, 11:29 PM
I like Lost too. But I haven't seen season 2 yet and I really want to know what's wrong with this island.
But I think I remain spoiler free, at least for this show. :p

I just wanted to say that I am a LOST fan as well. There's another HOT ;) Jack for you. But, of course, RDA's Jack is much HOTTER, IMHO. :cool:

florence
August 30th, 2005, 12:49 AM
Hi everyone ! I'm back from holidays. I missed you and this forum so much...
I wanted to catch up with everything I missed in this thread, but 2000 posts, that's too much for me ! :p

I've seen what has made everyone squeeeeing though ! :D (Thanks to SG Intel where I saw it ! ) You know what we need now : visual proof ! :D

Welcome to the newbies ! I hope you'll have as much fun as I have in this thread since I joined it :D

gate_girl12
August 30th, 2005, 01:19 AM
Hi everyone,

Anyone who was having trouble posting, it is because GW was updating...something...can't remember quite what! If you go to the forum homepage, they have a message.

Hope anyone in the New Orleans area is going ok. Was watching Katrina on the news and it looks horrible.

Originally Posted by trupi

The locker room scene from Broca divide was one of the scenes I downloaded from the net, and it was then that you realise that there was definitely something more going on between our lovebirds. **sighs ** ah the good ol' days.

Looking for some good S/J fic? Read anything by Gail R. Delaney. It's all good :D

whoo, three more posts til 100... yay

Sheena
August 30th, 2005, 01:29 AM
Hi everyone! I have been lurking here for some time now and thought it was about time I signed up and posted something!

I keep seeing the pic below and can't work out which episode the pic in the middle is from - can anyone help??

Can't wait for season 9 to start on Sky one - it seems ages away!!

I was just thinking...dude TPTB are such romantics! I mean look at what I made out of only a few pics!

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b21/cathain_n/samandjacklovint.jpg

gate_girl12
August 30th, 2005, 02:16 AM
Hi everyone! I have been lurking here for some time now and thought it was about time I signed up and posted something!

I keep seeing the pic below and can't work out which episode the pic in the middle is from - can anyone help??

Welcome to the Shipper World Sheena.

The picture in the middle is actually a publicity shot that didn't appear in any episode, though I do believe it was taken while the cast were shooting "Holiday."

Sheena
August 30th, 2005, 02:28 AM
The picture in the middle is actually a publicity shot that didn't appear in any episode, though I do believe it was taken while the cast were shooting "Holiday."[/QUOTE]

Thanks for that! Been bugging me for ages... thought I might have missed something there! Shame it was just a publicity shot though, here's hoping for a proper resolution at the end of season 9 :D

Sheena
August 30th, 2005, 02:31 AM
Oh, and another no doubt stupid question... what does TPTB stand for :S

florence
August 30th, 2005, 02:34 AM
Oh, and another no doubt stupid question... what does TPTB stand for :S

TPTB = The Powers That Be (writers, producers...)

sueKay
August 30th, 2005, 03:03 AM
FINALLY!!!!!!!

Well I was out yesterday...got home...GW went down before I even got to view a single post!!

((((((((((((((((((((((Florence))))))))))))))))))))))))

Got your postcard two days ago...I can't remember your address, so can you PM me it!

walterIsTheMan
August 30th, 2005, 04:27 AM
i was watching lost city and it just occured to me, when jack said "i'll make if easy for you, i resign", why didnt sam just be like "ok, well if you resign then..." and kisses him. i mean that was her big chance and she missed it. i know she was seeing pete, but still it was her big chance to make her feelings clear

Myrth
August 30th, 2005, 04:38 AM
I heard that was in the script... but was taken out for some reason. Someone who's been in this longer probably knows for sure tho...

:)

i was watching lost city and it just occured to me, when jack said "i'll make if easy for you, i resign", why didnt sam just be like "ok, well if you resign then..." and kisses him. i mean that was her big chance and she missed it. i know she was seeing pete, but still it was her big chance to make her feelings clear

smea
August 30th, 2005, 04:47 AM

That is exactly what i was thinking when he said that! But now i think about it... with all thats happened between them since them.. [[that scene in threads :D ]] maybe TPTB didnt want to resolve it then. And plus, when he came back, it might have been difficult..seeing as they were both promoted and the regs would have still applied.

But yeah.. could have been a great moment :rolleyes: *sighs*...

gate_girl12
August 30th, 2005, 04:57 AM
Technically, when Jack was defrosted (for the lack of a better term :s).... wasn't he still technically resigned??

Rogue
August 30th, 2005, 05:21 AM

I heard a kiss was orginially planned but because of season 8 it was taken out. Having them kiss in Lost City would of deprived us of them dragging the relationship out one more season.

girlgater
August 30th, 2005, 05:54 AM
I heard a kiss was orginially planned but because of season 8 it was taken out. Having them kiss in Lost City would of deprived us of them dragging the relationship out one more season.

Ah, yes. No sense in giving the people what they want!! I'm all for delayed gratification, but please...

Sheena
August 30th, 2005, 06:13 AM
Ah, yes. No sense in giving the people what they want!! I'm all for delayed gratification, but please...

Yeah after 7 years of teasing, it was obviously still too much to ask :( Now we just have to let our imaginations run wild and wait for RDA to return ;)

Oma-1
August 30th, 2005, 06:32 AM
Where can these SG lyrics be found?
I'm sure there's a link somewhere, but it's quicker just to tell ya :D

Stargate its a great big whirl
With a great big swirl
You can step inside
To another world

We're talking Stargate its a crazy trip
You can go quite far
And you don't need a car
Or even a Ship

There's Colonel O'Neill
And Carter and Daniel and Teal'c
Look out for that g-g-g-g-g-g-g-g-g-g-gou'ald

If PDL el al who sang it on the Prodigy commentary are anything to go by, you don't need talent, just gusto to successfully sing along with titles :p

gate_girl12
August 30th, 2005, 06:56 AM
ROFLMAO. hehe. Never heard that before. Funny stuff. I really should watch the commentaries.

Just so you all know, Stargatecaps.com is down for improvements at the moment.

Enjoy:
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a138/gate_girl12/sjgate.jpg

yohoo, finally made 100!

ann_sgcfan
August 30th, 2005, 08:18 AM
Forgive me but I saw this thread about to fall to the 2nd page (gasp) and the anti thread was staying on the top ... so I thought I might say how much I really really enjoyed last Friday's episode!! Sam's "not exactly" comment was just what I was hoping for. I didn't think there would be any deep explaination. I didn't read the spoilers so I was very surprised!!!:D Also I thought it was great that she mentioned Cassies, yet another character that has vanished. Now if they would just explain where Jack is I would be even happier!!

ChevronSeven
August 30th, 2005, 08:34 AM
Forgive me but I saw this thread about to fall to the 2nd page (gasp) and the anti thread was staying on the top ... so I thought I might say how much I really really enjoyed last Friday's episode!! Sam's "not exactly" comment was just what I was hoping for. I didn't think there would be any deep explaination. I didn't read the spoilers so I was very surprised!!!:D Also I thought it was great that she mentioned Cassies, yet another character that has vanished. Now if they would just explain where Jack is I would be even happier!!

I've read the spoilers and I don't remember Sam's conversation being mentioned at all. So it was quite a pleasant surprise to me as well. :)

ann_sgcfan
August 30th, 2005, 08:50 AM

They changed Beneath the Surface too didn't they? I heard they tone down the episode. It seems like TPTB think the further they can drag out the story the better. In my mind Jack/Sam are together and I can read wonderful fanfic to fill in the blanks. :)

gate_girl12
August 30th, 2005, 09:17 AM
They changed Beneath the Surface too didn't they? I heard they tone down the episode. It seems like TPTB think the further they can drag out the story the better. In my mind Jack/Sam are together and I can read wonderful fanfic to fill in the blanks.

Yeah I heard that as well. Jonah and Thera were supposed to originally be having an affair. Can you just imagine the UST (or would is be RST???) that would accompany that! Damn TPTB. Can you just imagine remembering the feel of eachother's body and knowing tru happiness and then have it ripped from you? Being in a mission briefing and knowing what Jack looks like naked... ***drool*** sorry getting a bit carried away there.

Cheers :D
thanks for the green too :x

Hulabaloo
August 30th, 2005, 09:32 AM
Hiya guys! Hoes ya doin?

gwenhwyfar
August 30th, 2005, 10:52 AM
Yeah I heard that as well. Jonah and Thera were supposed to originally be having an affair. Can you just imagine the UST (or would is be RST???) that would accompany that! Damn TPTB. Can you just imagine remembering the feel of eachother's body and knowing tru happiness and then have it ripped from you? Being in a mission briefing and knowing what Jack looks like naked... ***drool*** sorry getting a bit carried away there.

"sigh" They WERE supposed to kiss. But TPTB thought the season was 'too mushy' already. Darn PTB!

On a totally OT note. I have a very good friend who's aunt lives in New Orleans! She's pretty sure she may have gone further inland with her daughter but... Scarry!

gate_girl12- I'm drooling with ya! RDA is SO...all I can think of is good looking. Brain not quite awake yet.

galaxy
August 30th, 2005, 10:59 AM
Did you read,that Vala will come back for the season final..for both eps?
(and that they are thinking about making her a regular in season 10?)
Does that mean she is the "character who returns"?
I hope not...I want Jack to come back! :( :( :(

So what do you think about this, shippers?

zabbugh
August 30th, 2005, 11:18 AM
Hey there!!
I can finally post on GW. For some reason I was not able to post for a while so I had to post through Shipsistah on ship day. ((((shipsistah))). :) ;)

I am as excited as I can be about EDM, but I shall remain wary until I see proof. (Just me protecting myself from TPTB). :o

I do have a question. I was wondering if anyone read the Cliff Simon interview and if so does anybody out there know what he meant about things being relaxed and everyone seems happy now that RDA is off set? :(

I am not trying to start an outrage, I just am trying to get the context here. Of all the lurking I have done over the years I have never heard or read a negative peep about RDA, so what is up? :( :S

I would love to hear that I misconstrued this statement and read something into it that is not there.

That is my question, just curious and I really hope that tptb will finally resolve what we have known for many years! :D :D
Cheers, ;)
Chris

sg-1fanintn
August 30th, 2005, 11:25 AM
Greetings!!
I also love it when she has just been dressed in that horrible blue outfit, and Jack, Danny and Tealíc all stand there staring at her with their mouths open!

Oh... I dunno... I think he knew he'd found his woman right about the time she said "Or do we have to arm wrestle"... But maybe that's just me!
Nope, me too!

Lord knows they love to drag things out!!!!!!

Forgive me but I saw this thread about to fall to the 2nd page (gasp) and the anti thread was staying on the top ... so I thought I might say how much I really really enjoyed last Friday's episode!! [spoiler]
Thatís because we have jobs and have to work during the day!!!

Jonah and Thera were supposed to originally be having an affair. Can you just imagine the UST (or would is be RST???) that would accompany that! Damn TPTB. Can you just imagine remembering the feel of eachother's body and knowing tru happiness and then have it ripped from you? Being in a mission briefing and knowing what Jack looks like naked... ***drool*** sorry getting a bit carried away there.
I just imagined it allÖ..and why did you create those pictures in my mind while Iím at work????? Especially the last one (Jack nekkid ---squeeee!) !!!!!!

Welcome, Sheena!
Welcome, walterIsTheMan!
Congratulations, gate_girl12, on 100 posts!

scjon
August 30th, 2005, 11:34 AM
LOL :D I know...I showed it to my sister, who knows as much about Stargate as I know about quantum mechanics (= NOTHING), so she has not the slightest interest in the show, but she couldn't stop laughing either!!! It has to be their singing. :D

Oh...by the way, you can download it here:

http://www.carterslab.de/sound/stargatetheme_lyrics.mp3

It was on the audio-commentary for "Prodigy" (season 4)...I think?!? :S

Thanks for that, Galaxy. I shall download it on to my husband's computer. Should torment him nicely :D . Well he did download Crazy Frog just to annoy me with it!!

shipper hannah
August 30th, 2005, 11:40 AM

omg i can't believe they did that! :eek:
i've heard people mention that, but i thought it was just wishful thinking, or referring to fanfics or something..
it would've been great to watch all the awkwardness when they got their memories back! :p
why do i always miss all the good stuff? :rolleyes:

shipper hannah
August 30th, 2005, 11:42 AM
Technically, when Jack was defrosted (for the lack of a better term :s).... wasn't he still technically resigned??

i guess you have to actually sign the paperwork.. :(

scjon
August 30th, 2005, 11:48 AM
Hey there!!
<snip>
I do have a question. I was wondering if anyone read the Cliff Simon interview and if so does anybody out there know what he meant about things being relaxed and everyone seems happy now that RDA is off set? :(

I am not trying to start an outrage, I just am trying to get the context here. Of all the lurking I have done over the years I have never heard or read a negative peep about RDA, so what is up? :( :S

I would love to hear that I misconstrued this statement and read something into it that is not there.

That is my question, just curious and I really hope that tptb will finally resolve what we have known for many years! :D :D
Cheers, ;)
Chris

I read the interview too & gather it was discussed in this thread a while ago.

I'm not entirely sure what he meant by that as RDA struck me as a pretty laid back guy.

I do very dimly remember watching a special feature on a S7 DVD, where AT, CJ & MS were interviewed and they said they were filming parts of 2 or 3 different episodes at once. They sounded pretty stressed and implied that this had something to do with RDA's reduced shooting schedule.

Presumably now RDA has all but gone, the schedule is not quite so hectic.
This is only a guess, of course....

nickatell
August 30th, 2005, 11:50 AM
I agree Galaxy, it suprised me as well. Especially because Cliff states that they filmed his scenes out of order and over a great period of time, I thought that was the big complaint when RDA was around to fit his schedule; but the fact that he isn't around and they are still filming out of order and now everyone is relaxed about it. Maybe everyone is still trying to promote being positive about the new season; but I wouldn't want RDA to feel that things are much better without him, because there is still a big hole in my heart.

scjon
August 30th, 2005, 11:54 AM
I wouldn't want RDA to feel that things are much better without him, because there is still a big hole in my heart.

I couldn't have put it any better myself. :(

zabbugh
August 30th, 2005, 11:54 AM
Aha! Okay, that makes sense. Thanks for clearing things up. I am sure it was probably discussed but the posters here are too prolific, I have a tough time keeping up.

I like your guess scjon, I will stick to that explanation!

Chris

smea
August 30th, 2005, 12:04 PM
I read the interview too & gather it was discussed in this thread a while ago.

I'm not entirely sure what he meant by that as RDA struck me as a pretty laid back guy.

I do very dimly remember watching a special feature on a S7 DVD, where AT, CJ & MS were interviewed and they said they were filming parts of 2 or 3 different episodes at once. They sounded pretty stressed and implied that this had something to do with RDA's reduced shooting schedule.

Presumably now RDA has all but gone, the schedule is not quite so hectic.
This is only a guess, of course....

I hope thats all it was. Though, from what I had heard, they all seemed to get on with him, didnt they? I cant imagine him being pleased that RDA is gone.

How could anyone be pleased with that...

*thinks of not having RDA/Jack there*

:(

zabbugh
August 30th, 2005, 12:07 PM
but I wouldn't want RDA to feel that things are much better without him, because there is still a big hole in my heart.

Amen to that. I still have not warmed up to this season. My husband watched the first couple of episodes with me and now calls it the "Daniel Jackson Show". That is saying something because he usually doesn't pay too much attention to the show in general.

I miss Jack, it is not that I don't like Landry I do because I think he is funny in his own way. Then there is Mitchell, well is he supposed to be the leader of SG-1? I could like the character, I just wish he would get over being starstruck with SG-1 and lead it if that is what he is supposed to do.

Mind you, now that Sam is back is she supposed to lead? Oy, I am a bit confused. :o

Some of you might want to throw things at me for this one but I did kind of get a kick out of Vala because she did just say whatever was on her mind. And she drove Daniel nuts which also craked me up :D

Chris

sueKay
August 30th, 2005, 12:11 PM
Galaxy - If Vala comes back as a regular...I WILL.NOT.WATCH.AT.ALL.

I HATE her character...CANNOT STAND her...She is the exact OPPOSITE of what SG1 Stands for

[/rant]

zabbugh
August 30th, 2005, 12:15 PM
I just realized that my last post sounds like I am anti Daniel, just for the record I am not. I just like the rapport that was blossoming between these two, not in a shippy way just the banter.

I can't say for sure but hubs is not the biggest fan of Daniel, he started watching the show with me when Jonas was on, then was bummed when he left. I believe he lost interest after that, he still says "It's a shame they got rid of that Jonas guy...."

Chris

sueKay
August 30th, 2005, 12:21 PM
I've finally gotten my yahoo messenger to work again!!!!!!!! And I've got a headset now...so if anyone wants to actually talk to me (if you've got a microphone)...my ID is susan_k_dailey

You need the newest version of yahoo messenger...

I'd love to finally talk to some you!!!!

Rogue
August 30th, 2005, 12:21 PM
Did you read,that Vala will come back for the season final..for both eps?
(and that they are thinking about making her a regular in season 10?)
Does that mean she is the "character who returns"?
I hope not...I want Jack to come back! :( :( :(

So what do you think about this, shippers?

All I can say is that if she is made a regular, I will find something else to watch.

sueKay
August 30th, 2005, 12:22 PM
(I'd normally edit my post, but GW's still screwing up for me)

I'm on 'invisible' but contact me anyway!

sg-1fanintn
August 30th, 2005, 12:22 PM
I wouldn't want RDA to feel that things are much better without him, because there is still a big hole in my heart.

I absolutely, positively agree with you 100%!!!

sueKay
August 30th, 2005, 12:24 PM
Okay...I don't really check any other threads on GW...but is there an anti-vala thread anywhere??????

Rogue
August 30th, 2005, 12:41 PM
Okay...I don't really check any other threads on GW...but is there an anti-vala thread anywhere??????

Yeah, there is a End Vala Thread in season 9. It has dropped down to page 9 since Vala is gone. I posted there quite often before she left. There are some Vala fans out there that will red ding you if they don't like what you say about her.

lonely_star
August 30th, 2005, 12:48 PM
Galaxy - If SPOILERS (Highlight below to read):
Vala comes back as a regular...I WILL.NOT.WATCH.AT.ALL.

I HATE her character...CANNOT STAND her...She is the exact OPPOSITE of what SG1 Stands for

:S oh god !!! I So agree with you !!!! :S i'm kinda very worried now.... :S :S I hope it wo'nt be the case because that's certain than Stargate will loose a lot of esteme in my little heart !! that would be so wrong !!!

I think I need a few fics to delete this thought of my mind... :S

lonely_star
August 30th, 2005, 12:53 PM
Oh by the way, before I go to the wonderful world of fanfics , I'd just like to say :

Welcome, Sheena!

Welcome, walterIsTheMan!

Congratulations Cathain,on 400 posts !

Congratulations, gate_girl12, on 100 posts!!

isn't my pyramid nice ??? :p

ann_sgcfan
August 30th, 2005, 12:54 PM
Gate girl12
Oh I canít imagine how difficult that would be. There is a wonderful fanfic that addresses this issue "Thyself, Unknown" by MissAnnThropic. No I didn't write it we just share the same first name Ann.

Sg-1fanintn
Thatís because we have jobs and have to work during the day!!!
I start a new job tomorrow in a new city so I will be working during the day too and unable to post.

As far as Cliffís comments I was upset after reading it and went into a long spill about TPTB not showing the same respect that RDA has shown to SG. I have only heard RDA say positive things about the show and unfortunately we donít get the same from others. At least acknowledge the role he has played and give him the due respect. Michael Shanks left the show for an entire year not knowing if he would ever come back. There was a huge goodbye scene and how much the other characters missed him. The DVDís had a special contribute to Daniel Jackson. I think that is great! He was one of the stars for the show. I just want the same respect shown to any of the four orginial stars to get the same respect shown to them. THIS INCLUDES RDA!!!! Okay great if he comes back next year full time, MS came back. So Iím not really agreeing with JMís excuse that he is still part of the show so we didnít want to say goodbye. MS came back for several episodes.

Sorry! End of rant.

sueKay
August 30th, 2005, 01:09 PM
SCREW TPTB...they don't care about us anymore...not just shippers...but gaters as a whole...they're wanting the Farscape fans now.

gwenhwyfar
August 30th, 2005, 01:09 PM
Amen to that. I still have not warmed up to this season. My husband watched the first couple of episodes with me and now calls it the "Daniel Jackson Show". That is saying something because he usually doesn't pay too much attention to the show in general.

I miss Jack, it is not that I don't like Landry I do because I think he is funny in his own way. Then there is Mitchell, well is he supposed to be the leader of SG-1? I could like the character, I just wish he would get over being starstruck with SG-1 and lead it if that is what he is supposed to do.

Mind you, now that Sam is back is she supposed to lead? Oy, I am a bit confused. :o

Some of you might want to throw things at me for this one but I did kind of get a kick out of Vala because she did just say whatever was on her mind. And she drove Daniel nuts which also craked me up :D

Chris

It may not be 'The Daniel Jackson Show' anymore but judging from the summaries of upcoming episodes it is going to become 'The Cameron Mitchell Show' :rolleyes:

I liked Vala too. "ducks flying objects" I thought she added humor to the show, with RDA being gone and all. I DON'T like Ben Browder/Mitchell because it seems like he is just trying to copy RDA's sense of humor which NO ONE can duplicate!

Oh, I was reading an article in the Stargate magazine and JM said he was never a fan of Sam and 'Stalker Guy' (my words there). He thought they were clingy and annoying!

ChevronSeven
August 30th, 2005, 01:11 PM
Oh I canít imagine how difficult that would be. There is a wonderful fanfic that addresses this issue "Thyself, Unknown" by MissAnnThropic. No I didn't write it we just share the same first name Ann.

I *adore* that fic and its sequel "Know Thyself." :)

As far as Cliffís comments I was upset after reading it and went into a long spill about TPTB not showing the same respect that RDA has shown to SG. I have only heard RDA say positive things about the show and unfortunately we donít get the same from others. At least acknowledge the role he has played and give him the due respect. Michael Shanks left the show for an entire year not knowing if he would ever come back. There was a huge goodbye scene and how much the other characters missed him. The DVDís had a special contribute to Daniel Jackson. I think that is great! He was one of the stars for the show. I just want the same respect shown to any of the four orginial stars to get the same respect shown to them. THIS INCLUDES RDA!!!! Okay great if he comes back next year full time, MS came back. So Iím not really agreeing with JMís excuse that he is still part of the show so we didnít want to say goodbye. MS came back for several episodes.

Sorry! End of rant.

Oh, don't even get me started about that. It's ticked me off to no end that no one except Amanda has acknowledged what it's like (it feels naked without him). She has been the only person positive about RDA. I don't want to go into another rant about Chris' comments because it just ticks me off. My SG-1 is no more.

ann_sgcfan
August 30th, 2005, 01:18 PM
I *adore* that fic and its sequel "Know Thyself." :)
oops I forgot to include the sequel. :o Thanks for reminding me. I too love that fic!

Oh, don't even get me started about that. It's ticked me off to no end that no one except Amanda has acknowledged what it's like (it feels naked without him). She has been the only person positive about RDA. I don't want to go into another rant about Chris' comments because it just ticks me off. My SG-1 is no more.

I know I was glad AT said what she said about RDA too!!

sueKay
August 30th, 2005, 01:19 PM
I know it's wrong and against the rules to speak negatively of the actors...but shame on MS and CJ...Kudos to AT and BB who've both spoken of RDA in the highest esteem.

zabbugh
August 30th, 2005, 01:26 PM
[QUOTE=gwenhwyfar]
I liked Vala too. "ducks flying objects" I thought she added humor to the show, with RDA being gone and all. I DON'T like Ben Browder/Mitchell because it seems like he is just trying to copy RDA's sense of humor which NO ONE can duplicate!

That is what I couldn't put my finger on. I am trying to give the guy a chance because I could not imagine walking onto a show trying to step in where a 'beloved' character was. I think he is still trying to get his legs under him. But I agree his humor is too much like Jack's. Now is that BB or the writer's doing? Just asking. :)

As for Vala, I did think she was funny. Perhaps a bit over the top at first, then again she too was in a tough spot coming onto the show to alleviate the absence of AT. Again, was it CB or the writer's to blame for that character? :)

I tried to watch Farscape and to be honest I couldn't quite figure out what the frell was going on with that show. I did like BB and CB from what I saw. I would like to give this show a chance but it is not Stargate anymore, it is a new show IMHO. ;)
Chris :D

sueKay
August 30th, 2005, 01:30 PM
Vala is okay in small doses (PU was GREAT) but six episodes in a row is excessive and frankly, boring... If Vala is in season 10...No more suekay...I'll hand up my alter ego and go back to being Susan

scjon
August 30th, 2005, 01:46 PM
I know it's wrong and against the rules to speak negatively of the actors...but shame on MS and CJ...Kudos to AT and BB who've both spoken of RDA in the highest esteem.
Couldn't agree more. And on Vala.... I haven't seen season 9 yet but I found Vala really, really irritating in PU

shelsfc
August 30th, 2005, 01:48 PM
Possible I really liked Vala in PU, I loved her and Daniel's banter (no substitute for Daniel/Jack, but that's another issue :rolleyes: ) but I can see how six episodes of it can be annoying...I haven't seen any of S9 yet though, so I'm reserving judgement till then!

girlgater
August 30th, 2005, 01:49 PM
Vala is okay in small doses (PU was GREAT) but six episodes in a row is excessive and frankly, boring... If Vala is in season 10...No more suekay...I'll hand up my alter ego and go back to being Susan

I like Vala to the extent that she could add to the storyline--not be the storyline. After a while I thought gee whiz, can't she and Daniel ever be separated?? It dragged on a bit in my opinion. I also thought that Vala was a little over the top with her sexual comments. It's fine to be comfortable in your own skin and yes, sexual tension is ok--but she was just too open about it to suit my taste. It deviated far too much from the traditional SG-1. For crying out loud, they never even let Jack/Sam kiss when they both knew what was going on in our reality. I'm not even going to mention the Sam/ :eek: episode.

All in all, I think things are much better now that AT is back and the show seems closer to the traditional SG-1. Or...as close as it can be without RDA. To me, they can dress it up all the want and hype it all they want, but it will never be the same. Please note that I will continue to watch, but with caution.

Majorsamcarteroneill
August 30th, 2005, 01:52 PM
Cooooo eeeeee!!
lol
Argh! So excited to finally re-join you coz i was actually here before before my computer died completely! As i did promise SueKay i am back on here: to stay this time.
Do not fear however, as i have been occupying myself by catching up on all the gossip in magazines and on the net so i am completely up to date now lol!
Note to MajorSam please get yourself online on messenger you've been gone far to long and i need you to help me planmy trip to Canada next year!

smea
August 30th, 2005, 02:20 PM

Oh, im glad she said that. She always seems to speak so highly of RDA [[as she should :D]] ...As a matter of interest.. when/where did she say that?

sueKay
August 30th, 2005, 02:26 PM
Majorsamcarteroneill - I tried to respond to your PM, but GW is still acting up!!! Sorry!!!

Cathain Nottingham
August 30th, 2005, 02:34 PM

I agree. I loved Vala in PU - I think they changed her character to become something of a sex kitten this season though. The other Vala was sort of a kick butt, take no prisoners kind of girl. I think CB does a great job on characters like that.

Cathain Nottingham
August 30th, 2005, 02:39 PM
Oh by the way, before I go to the wonderful world of fanfics , I'd just like to say :

Welcome, Sheena!

Welcome, walterIsTheMan!

Congratulations Cathain,on 400 posts !

Congratulations, gate_girl12, on 100 posts!!

isn't my pyramid nice ??? :p

Well thank you Lonely!!!

Rogue
August 30th, 2005, 02:46 PM
I like Vala to the extent that she could add to the storyline--not be the storyline. After a while I thought gee whiz, can't she and Daniel ever be separated?? It dragged on a bit in my opinion. I also thought that Vala was a little over the top with her sexual comments. It's fine to be comfortable in your own skin and yes, sexual tension is ok--but she was just too open about it to suit my taste. It deviated far too much from the traditional SG-1. For crying out loud, they never even let Jack/Sam kiss when they both knew what was going on in our reality. I'm not even going to mention the Sam/ :eek: episode.

All in all, I think things are much better now that AT is back and the show seems closer to the traditional SG-1. Or...as close as it can be without RDA. To me, they can dress it up all the want and hype it all they want, but it will never be the same. Please note that I will continue to watch, but with caution.

So agree with this. TPTB went overboard with her role. Even my daughter was clapping when she thought Vala was dead.

Rogue
August 30th, 2005, 03:13 PM

Well, for anyone who has had enough of Vala. This is how I made it thru the first 6 eps.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v474/mkmoulder/Stargate/ValaMutebutton.jpg

Buc hope you don't mind I borrowed your button.

smea
August 30th, 2005, 03:16 PM
Well, for anyone who has had enough of Vala. This is how I made it thru the first 6 eps.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v474/mkmoulder/Stargate/ValaMutebutton.jpg

Buc hope you don't mind I borrowed your button.

LOLLL.. thats great :p

captain_obvious
August 30th, 2005, 03:24 PM
Hi, I'm new to posting, but I've been here for a long time, so a big "How do" to all!

In regards to Vala, if it is she who will be Highlight to read the returning charcter for the finale I will be so disappointed.

ses110
August 30th, 2005, 03:42 PM
I agree with sueKay and Rogue as well.I had enough of Vala this Year and now we have to put up with Vala in the Season finale.Why do I have the feeling Vala is going to take up too much of the spotlight in the Season finale?I think Vala should get 2 or 3 episodes a Year and no more.I should have know just when I started to feel good about the Show the bad news was right around the corner.I do not know why TPTB continue to turn the Show over to guest Stars?IMO it's been a real problem the last couple of Seasons.The only think that will make me feel better is hearing RDA will be in the Season finale.

ses110
August 30th, 2005, 03:59 PM
I think I would have to stop watching as well.Unless RDA is in every episode in Season 10.I cannot stand Vala or McKay for long periods of Time.IMO there is no room for Vala in every episode.I hope that means AT is not leaving.I still would like to know why Anise had to go and many people feel Vala is great? It's one thing if the Ratings went throught the roof with Vala on the show.That did not happen so what am I missing?I just cannot get a read on this Show anymore.I though the team would do more adventures together as a whole and so far it's still 2 members of SG-1 going off doing one thing and the other 2 members of SG-1 doing something else.The guest Stars still seem to be the big Stars of the whole Show.

Gatetrixer
August 30th, 2005, 04:21 PM
I'm sure there's a link somewhere, but it's quicker just to tell ya :D

Stargate its a great big whirl
With a great big swirl
You can step inside
To another world

We're talking Stargate its a crazy trip
You can go quite far
And you don't need a car
Or even a Ship

There's Colonel O'Neill
And Carter and Daniel and Teal'c
Look out for that g-g-g-g-g-g-g-g-g-g-gou'ald

If PDL el al who sang it on the Prodigy commentary are anything to go by, you don't need talent, just gusto to successfully sing along with titles :p

Thank you. Hmmm, I take it these lyrics were written just for fun as they're not exactly,uh "poetry." Even so, they make me feel a bit sad, because of what has changed.

Gatetrixer
August 30th, 2005, 04:46 PM

Didn't AT and RDA also have a say in how much of Jonah/Thera's feelings were shown, too? Seems like I remember something about that.

sueKay
August 30th, 2005, 04:48 PM
heya!

Just an apology to Cathain as my messenger shut down halfway through our convo...get back to me on that character if you're interested!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BTW - Posted on the anti-vala thread...got one ding but lotsa lotsa green!!!!!!! :D

Rogue
August 30th, 2005, 05:56 PM
heya!

Just an apology to Cathain as my messenger shut down halfway through our convo...get back to me on that character if you're interested!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BTW - Posted on the anti-vala thread...got one ding but lotsa lotsa green!!!!!!! :D

Yeah, I saw your post. Good for you. Glad you revived the thread.

ChevronSeven
August 30th, 2005, 06:55 PM
Oh, im glad she said that. She always seems to speak so highly of RDA [[as she should :D]] ...As a matter of interest.. when/where did she say that?

I wish I could remember. I've read so many articles that they all start to blur together.

Cathain Nottingham
August 30th, 2005, 07:06 PM
I wish I could remember. I've read so many articles that they all start to blur together.

Agreed - especially if you're reading online. It's horrible trying to remember where you were later!

Gatetrixer
August 30th, 2005, 07:19 PM
sg-1fanintn I sent you a PM about that show.

sg-1fanintn
August 30th, 2005, 07:31 PM
Gatetrixer, thanks for the info! I get WGN. I'll try to catch it on vhs.

Gate girl12

Sorry! End of rant.
Yes, Michael appeared in several eps and voiced Thor in S6, so he never was really gone. RDA is a class act, and so is Amanda. Class always shows.

Iím sure it was a little confusing and sometimes stressful to work around RDAís schedule. But many times, Iíve seen people get upset because someone who has more industry influence is calling the shots, and as one of the Executive Producers, Rick was calling the shots. In those situations, you just have to ask yourself whether a little irritation outweighs the good the situation has brought into your life. otherwise And without RDA, would there have been eight successful seasons of SG-1? Probably not, so I say, why make an issue out of it? Doesnít all the good outweigh that?

ses110
August 30th, 2005, 07:59 PM
Well said sg-1 fanintn the Cast and Crew owe alot to RDA and an Actor should understand about working a crazy schedule.An Actor should not expect a 9-5 Job Monday-Friday.There in the wrong Business if that is the schedule they want.I said this before and I'll say it again many of us have to cover for Co-workers when they are out of the office and we also may have to work different Hours.RDA earned the right to have a schedule of his choice.I'am sure there are plenty of out of work Actors who would put up with different schedules.

Token
August 30th, 2005, 08:03 PM
JM is online and answering questions. He answered one of mine, and here it is.

S9 General Spoilers

Originally Posted by Token
Hi, Joe!

You have said that Jack didn't need a "fond farewell" because of the possibility for him to return. However, will we ever hear this season the "where/what/why" of Jack's new position?

Thanks.

We won't be getting into the specifics of his departure.

sg-1fanintn
August 30th, 2005, 08:20 PM
Token.....that has to be his strangest reply yet! The reasons for Jack's departure have been talked about in the Stargate community for months.....why not make them canon? I think this falls into the category of NOT telling us things in order to keep us concerned. Weird!

Also, new photos from Prototype are posted on GW at: http://www.gateworld.net/sg1/s9/graphics/909_06.shtml

gwenhwyfar
August 30th, 2005, 08:30 PM
Hi, I'm new to posting, but I've been here for a long time, so a big "How do" to all!
This is going to be WAY off topic, but I just have to rant a little, so bare with me please: I just finished watching Phantom of the Opera and I have to say it was probably one of the worst musical to movie productions I have ever seen, next to Madonna in Evita. I understand that some things will have to be changed going from the Broadway stage to a moive set, but come on! I don't have anything against the actors, but if you can't sing, don't try. The things that were cut out of the movie made the stage production what it was. I simply can't believe that Andrew Lloyd Webber hasn't learned his lesson with actors who have no business singing such difficult parts, after the Madonna fiasco. And I'm not even going to talk about the acting, the least they could do was look like they're singing. I'm mean, I love Phantom of the Opera with Michael Crawford and Sarah Brighton, I know I'm asking a lot, you know being able to sing and all. I was really wanting to like the movie version, but I was sadly disappointed. The Phantom's makeup didn't even look real.
But, on a lighter note, the dance scenes were wonderful. Masquerade was beautiful, even if it was taken a bit too fast. The costumes were elegant and some of the camera shots were amazing. It had so much going for it. I have to say, if you liked the Phantom movie, go buy the Original Broadway Cast CD. You'll be amazed.

Anyway, thanks for entertaining my ranting, especially since it is off topic. I knew the ship family would humor me, so thanks. This is all just in my humble opinion. I don't want to offend anyone who like the movie. Personally, I am glad that it was made, contrary to what you might assume from reading this post. I know that it was appealing to an audience that may not have even heard of Phantom until they had seen the movie, so thus it brought new people into the Broadway musical circle. And for that, I am greatful for the movie.
(please no red zingers, I bruise easily ;) )

In regards to Vala, if it is she who will be Highlight to read the returning charcter for the finale I will be so disappointed.

Welcome to posting! Post lots!

Ok, that's disapointing. I love the Original Broadway recording and have been wanting to see the movie. They should have cast Josh Groban as the Phantom! HE can sing!

I agree about Vala. I like her, but if she takes the place of RDA I'll never watch again!

zabbugh
August 30th, 2005, 08:37 PM
Token,
That was an odd reply from JM. Have they even addressed why Jack left? I mean the online community knows because of all the spoilers and discussion but what of the folks that just watch the show without 'being in the know?'
All of a sudden he is just gone and well that is all you will get for now. It is so very odd. Once again I find myself dazed and confused, geez.
Thanks for posting this by the way.
Chris

ses110
August 30th, 2005, 08:56 PM
I hope that means Jack will be in the Season finale and JM just did not want to give anything away.So Vala is the character with the big revelation.That was not what I was hoping for but I'am not surprised.Vala is getting a big push this year.Vala is getting more atention than Mitchell.If Jack is not in the Season finale Vala will really play a big role.I would not mind seeing Vala be a Villian.I'am really surprised about the Talk of Vala returning full time in Season10.I hope it's a rumor.I cannot see Vala being full Time without losing a member of SG-1.I cannot see a 5 member Team.Well it would not be Stargate without something else to worry about.

mad_gater
August 30th, 2005, 09:19 PM
This is going to be WAY off topic, but I just have to rant a little, so bare with me please: I just finished watching Phantom of the Opera and I have to say it was probably one of the worst musical to movie productions I have ever seen, next to Madonna in Evita. I understand that some things will have to be changed going from the Broadway stage to a moive set, but come on! I don't have anything against the actors, but if you can't sing, don't try. The things that were cut out of the movie made the stage production what it was. I simply can't believe that Andrew Lloyd Webber hasn't learned his lesson with actors who have no business singing such difficult parts, after the Madonna fiasco. And I'm not even going to talk about the acting, the least they could do was look like they're singing. I'm mean, I love Phantom of the Opera with Michael Crawford and Sarah Brighton, I know I'm asking a lot, you know being able to sing and all. I was really wanting to like the movie version, but I was sadly disappointed. The Phantom's makeup didn't even look real.
But, on a lighter note, the dance scenes were wonderful. Masquerade was beautiful, even if it was taken a bit too fast. The costumes were elegant and some of the camera shots were amazing. It had so much going for it. I have to say, if you liked the Phantom movie, go buy the Original Broadway Cast CD. You'll be amazed.

Anyway, thanks for entertaining my ranting, especially since it is off topic. I knew the ship family would humor me, so thanks. This is all just in my humble opinion. I don't want to offend anyone who like the movie. Personally, I am glad that it was made, contrary to what you might assume from reading this post. I know that it was appealing to an audience that may not have even heard of Phantom until they had seen the movie, so thus it brought new people into the Broadway musical circle. And for that, I am greatful for the movie.
(please no red zingers, I bruise easily ;) )

WELCOME CO!!!!!

:):)

mad_gater
August 30th, 2005, 09:35 PM

(((((((Sheena))))))))

WELCOME SHEENA!!!!!! :):)

mad_gater
August 30th, 2005, 09:42 PM
That is exactly what i was thinking when he said that! But now i think about it... with all thats happened between them since them.. [[that scene in threads :D ]] maybe TPTB didnt want to resolve it then. And plus, when he came back, it might have been difficult..seeing as they were both promoted and the regs would have still applied.

But yeah.. could have been a great moment :rolleyes: *sighs*...
I think a missed ship opportunity was during "Between two Fires:"

You know that Tollan thingy that makes people walk through walls and anybody else just has to hold the hand of the person wearing the device? Well instead of Jack and Teal'c walking through the wall they shoulda had Jack and Sam do it...I don't think they would have been so eager to release each others' hands then...;):P:D

mad_gater
August 30th, 2005, 09:46 PM
Jack must be helping Sam take care of Cassie...;)

mad_gater
August 30th, 2005, 09:49 PM
"sigh" They WERE supposed to kiss. But TPTB thought the season was 'too mushy' already. Darn PTB!

On a totally OT note. I have a very good friend who's aunt lives in New Orleans! She's pretty sure she may have gone further inland with her daughter but... Scarry!

gate_girl12- I'm drooling with ya! RDA is SO...all I can think of is good looking. Brain not quite awake yet.
GRRRR!!!!

*eyes glow*

Kel'dor (my Tok'ra symbiote to you now freaked out newbies :P): Too MUSHY?!?!?! I do not see how Samantha's relationship with PeterShanahan, who did not respect her in the least, was "mushy."

mad_gater
August 30th, 2005, 09:53 PM

I stand firm in my opinion that TPTB simply do not know how to do ship!! :mad:

Man it's really comin' down here in Buffalo, all courtesy of Katrina. :rolleyes:

mad_gater
August 30th, 2005, 10:00 PM
I hope thats all it was. Though, from what I had heard, they all seemed to get on with him, didnt they? I cant imagine him being pleased that RDA is gone.

How could anyone be pleased with that...

*thinks of not having RDA/Jack there*

(((((smea))))))

don't cry!!!! I'm sure we'll see more of Jack!!

I hope.....or else I'll fire on TPTB with my al'kesh....:P:D

mad_gater
August 30th, 2005, 10:04 PM

Chris
You mean MORE nuts, don't you? Daniel has been nuts from the get-go! :P:D

majorsal
August 30th, 2005, 10:27 PM
I agree Galaxy, it suprised me as well. Especially because Cliff states that they filmed his scenes out of order and over a great period of time, I thought that was the big complaint when RDA was around to fit his schedule; but the fact that he isn't around and they are still filming out of order and now everyone is relaxed about it. Maybe everyone is still trying to promote being positive about the new season; but I wouldn't want RDA to feel that things are much better without him, because there is still a big hole in my heart.

i don't know what to make of the interview either. maybe he's referring to the multiple ep filming not happening now, so that makes everyone more relaxed. but as you said, cliff stated about how long it took to film this ep... *shrugs*

there have been two times this season when it hit me how much i missed jack/rda, and both times this melancholy feeling washed over me. and as much as like like mitchell (i really do ;)), it's not the same without jack around.

maybe the show really should have ended at the end of the sixth season. that was stargate's last 'great' season (not just great eps here and there, like seasons 7 and 8). then we would have had great movies to go along with all of this... oh, well.

sally :)

majorsal
August 30th, 2005, 11:43 PM
Token,
That was an odd reply from JM. Have they even addressed why Jack left? I mean the online community knows because of all the spoilers and discussion but what of the folks that just watch the show without 'being in the know?'
All of a sudden he is just gone and well that is all you will get for now. It is so very odd. Once again I find myself dazed and confused, geez.
Chris

well, it does seem odd to not tell the viewers what's up with jack, but as a shipper, them not revealing his reasons for leaving the sgc lends into our fantasies that it's for sam, so... i'm of two minds about this. still, i'm glad he's still around, even if it's in talk only.

sally :D

Sheena
August 31st, 2005, 12:05 AM
maybe the show really should have ended at the end of the sixth season. that was stargate's last 'great' season (not just great eps here and there, like seasons 7 and 8). then we would have had great movies to go along with all of this... oh, well.

sally :)[/QUOTE]

Then we might have had a kiss - with our Jack and Sam!!

I will try and post when I can but I am a maths teacher and back to school Friday :(

I watched M1 and M2 on Sky one last night, only caught M1 so missed the "hand touching thing" again!! I know that it isn't our Jack and Sam but you've got to love the kiss at the end! Does anyone have a decent pic of it? All the ones I've seen have a bright light on it and aren't that good.

There was another bit at the end that I missed the first time I saw it too - where Jack looks at Sam and says with a cheeky grin:

"No! I'll take it. (He picks up the box.) There's a whole room full of geeks up there just dyin' to get their hands on this. You've got packin' to do! (He walks away as Sam smiles.)"

Packin to go away together for a few days fishing before Daniel and Teal'c turn up?? We can only hope....

shipper hannah
August 31st, 2005, 03:25 AM

i didn't really like season 6 much, personally. i liked season 7 more, it had heroes and lost city, they were great (i just blank out the :eek: ). maybe they should've stopped there and made a mini series something like reckoning. i can't remember half the episodes of season 8!

scjon
August 31st, 2005, 03:37 AM
[QUOTE=shipper hannah]i didn't really like season 6 much, personally. i liked season 7 more, it had heroes and lost city, they were great (i just blank out the :eek: ). maybe they should've stopped there and made a mini series something like reckoning. QUOTE]

With bits of Threads thrown in for good measure........

scjon
August 31st, 2005, 06:56 AM
Just found this excellent fanfic

Baseball Caps and Yo-yos (http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2559713/1/)

It's a post EDM one and I think it's very good.

smea
August 31st, 2005, 07:12 AM
(((((smea))))))

don't cry!!!! I'm sure we'll see more of Jack!!

I hope.....or else I'll fire on TPTB with my al'kesh....:P:D

lolll.. *hugs* i hope so too! :D

Silver
August 31st, 2005, 08:00 AM
Yeah I heard that as well. Jonah and Thera were supposed to originally be having an affair. Can you just imagine the UST (or would is be RST???) that would accompany that! Damn TPTB. Can you just imagine remembering the feel of eachother's body and knowing tru happiness and then have it ripped from you? Being in a mission briefing and knowing what Jack looks like naked... ***drool*** sorry getting a bit carried away there

As nice as that would have been in BTS, I'm kinda glad they didn't go ahead with the progressed Jonah/Thera in the episode. Things became tense enough between Sam and Jack after season four anyway; sometimes in later eps I missed the flirting, teasing, and easy friendship between them. UST is great, but only in small doses, and only when it can be resolved... i.e. when there are no damned regulations. :rolleyes:

At that point I was still getting into Sam and Jack, and in BTS the head on shoulder and Jack's rememberance of "feeling feelings" was perfect! Sigh... things change. Now, after all this time, I want nothing more than to see them together (and to know that they've seen each other naked :p)!

sg-1fanintn
August 31st, 2005, 08:05 AM
Token,
Chris

Well, I posted this on the SAGC thread, but since the discussion has turned in this direction here too, I'm going to post it here as well (Slow morning at work, for a change!). I think TPTB not only tell us things to keep us stirred up. I think they also DON'T tell us things to keep us stirred up. So my new policy is not to worry. I'm not even worried about Vala being confirmed for Crusade. It doesn't mean Jack won't also be back. It's a two-parter! Plenty of storylines! Trupi on the J/S Ship Thread says Don S. Davis told her personally at a con that RDA would be back for the last two eps of the season, and I believe both of them! See? Me? Not worried!

there have been two times this season when it hit me how much i missed jack/rda, and both times this melancholy feeling washed over me. and as much as like like mitchell (i really do ;)), it's not the same without jack around.

Only two? You're doing a lot better than I am!!! I miss him all the time! That's why I hurry straight home from work every day to catch the S1-6 repeat on Skiffy!

girlgater
August 31st, 2005, 08:11 AM
Well, I posted this on the SAGC thread, but since the discussion has turned in this direction here too, I'm going to post it here as well (Slow morning at work, for a change!). I think TPTB not only tell us things to keep us stirred up. I think they also DON'T tell us things to keep us stirred up. So my new policy is not to worry. I'm not even worried about Vala being confirmed for Crusade. It doesn't mean Jack won't also be back. It's a two-parter! Plenty of storylines! Trupi on the J/S Ship Thread says Don S. Davis told her personally at a con that RDA would be back for the last two eps of the season, and I believe both of them! See? Me? Not worried!

Only two? You're doing a lot better than I am!!! I miss him all the time! That's why I hurry straight home from work every day to catch the S1-6 repeat on Skiffy!

Wow, great news from Trupi! Thanks for sharing!

shipper hannah
August 31st, 2005, 08:38 AM
on the J/S Ship Thread says Don S. Davis told her personally at a con that RDA would be back for the last two eps of the season, and I believe both of them! [/spoiler] See? Me? Not worried!

oo that's good news! if its from don davis it must be fairly reliable. there better damn well be a lot of ship in it.

sueKay
August 31st, 2005, 08:42 AM
Heya!

How are we all??????

Well...nothing shippy to talk about, but I'm proud to say that I got called a Moron, by the most prolific dinger in GW history :D

Maybe I should make a 'moron' badge of honour for all Vala-haters

*evil laugh*

hee hee heeeee

:D

shipper hannah
August 31st, 2005, 08:50 AM
Heya!

How are we all??????

Well...nothing shippy to talk about, but I'm proud to say that I got called a Moron, by the most prolific dinger in GW history :D

*evil laugh*

hee hee heeeee

ah who called you a moron?

Terrah
August 31st, 2005, 08:59 AM
I watched M1 and M2 on Sky one last night, only caught M1 so missed the "hand touching thing" again!! I know that it isn't our Jack and Sam but you've got to love the kiss at the end! Does anyone have a decent pic of it? All the ones I've seen have a bright light on it and aren't that good.

Sam & Jack Kiss (http://photobucket.com/albums/v719/Terrah/Stargate%20SG1/Sam%20Jack/?action=view&current=js3.jpg) I tried to get in between the flashing lights. :)

sueKay
August 31st, 2005, 09:04 AM
Hannah - I'm not naming names...I think most folks will know who it is.

BrenRen
August 31st, 2005, 09:07 AM
As nice as that would have been in BTS, I'm kinda glad they didn't go ahead with the progressed Jonah/Thera in the episode. Things became tense enough between Sam and Jack after season four anyway; sometimes in later eps I missed the flirting, teasing, and easy friendship between them. UST is great, but only in small doses, and only when it can be resolved... i.e. when there are no damned regulations.

At that point I was still getting into Sam and Jack, and in BTS the head on shoulder and Jack's rememberance of "feeling feelings" was perfect! Sigh... things change. Now, after all this time, I want nothing more than to see them together (and to know that they've seen each other naked )!

I still wish they had included that scene. Like I said months ago, if TPTB were really smart, theyíd put out a special Shipper Edition DVD with all those kisses that got left on the editing room floor. BtS, LC, I believe there was at least one or two more!

Still, they left BtS open enough to interpretation without it being painfully blatant, that weíve got loads and loads of fics filling in the gaps they hinted at. For that reason alone, I had to forgive the editing decision, however much I hated it!

I do think they addressed some of the difficulties in the aftermath of that ep, as well. I know Iím not the only shipper who read a lot more into the lines in the Light, ďCarter, youíre in withdrawal!Ē ďOh, IíM in WITHDRAWAL?!Ē ďYES! And So Am I!Ē

I think things really got tense for them after Entity. That seemed to be their major breaking point. Iíve harped on this one before, too, so Iím not going to repeat myself (only cos I donít think I could get it right this timeÖ not enough caffeine today!)Ö Except to say that itís the only justification I could find for the Ship-Wasteland of Season Five.

Season Four really was the most Shipperific Season of the entire series, and in all the right waysÖ. In spite of what they cut out and chickened out of!

UhSir
August 31st, 2005, 10:18 AM
As nice as that would have been in BTS, I'm kinda glad they didn't go ahead with the progressed Jonah/Thera in the episode. Things became tense enough between Sam and Jack after season four anyway; sometimes in later eps I missed the flirting, teasing, and easy friendship between them. UST is great, but only in small doses, and only when it can be resolved... i.e. when there are no damned regulations. :rolleyes:

At that point I was still getting into Sam and Jack, and in BTS the head on shoulder and Jack's rememberance of "feeling feelings" was perfect! Sigh... things change. Now, after all this time, I want nothing more than to see them together (and to know that they've seen each other naked :p)!

(((((Silver)))))
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Sheena
August 31st, 2005, 10:31 AM
Sam & Jack Kiss (http://photobucket.com/albums/v719/Terrah/Stargate%20SG1/Sam%20Jack/?action=view&current=js3.jpg) I tried to get in between the flashing lights. :)

That's fantastic!!! Thank you thank you thank you :)

Twisted Angel (Sam_rules)
August 31st, 2005, 10:55 AM
Hey guy's :)

Just a quick fly by post 'cos I have a bit of time (which is rare lol)! Life as a student nurse is going great. I love Brumís childrenís hospital (I'd work there now if I could ;)) and I am doing fine so far! :)

I haven't read many posts 'cos there is just too many. I haven't been reading spoilers and I don't know anything. But a friend told me EDM was a squeeee worthy episode. :D So I am really looking forward to it!

For UK shippers out there. I don't know if anyone noticed but... I got my sky mag today and saw that from next Wednesday Sky One are showing Stargate eps you vote for again. So I went over to Sky One and went to interactive. The votes over the next 4 weeks are all about Jack because he is Ďstepping downí as they say. One of the episodes on choice this week is Paradise Lost :D . Of course I went and voted. So if anyone is going to vote, vote PL! :)

Ok I have got to go now (got to be up for 5am tomorrow)! See you all when I see you! :)

~Tracey~

sueKay
August 31st, 2005, 11:10 AM
Heya Tracey!!!!!!!!!

Glad things are going well!!! Since we last spoke, I've got into Uni!!!!!

I'll go and vote in a moment...I watched Paradise Lost yesterday...

*slides into gutter*

mad_gater
August 31st, 2005, 11:21 AM
Heya!

How are we all??????

*evil laugh*

hee hee heeeee

meh....red dings don't worry me too much anymore......us shippers have some of the strongest rep shields...those of us veteran shippers anyway....maybe you newbies better hold your tongues for awhile till your rep shields get built up....:P:D

Alex_O'neill
August 31st, 2005, 11:22 AM

Hey Shippers

I am really excitingto review RDA in season ninei really hope so !
Thanks for this news

Twisted Angel (Sam_rules)
August 31st, 2005, 11:26 AM
Read this so thought I'd come back for another quick post!

Yep it is :). Haven't given an injection yet, but still have over 4 weeks to get a chance!

So anyway....
Congratulations! I am so happy for you! :D

(((((((((((Suz)))))))))))))))))

I had a day off today and I watched Moebius as I missed it yesterday plus I watched some oldies. I love Jack! :D

*slides to the gutter too*

Speak to you soon.

~Tracey~

Rogue
August 31st, 2005, 11:51 AM
Heya!

How are we all??????

*evil laugh*

hee hee heeeee

She hasn't called me a moron, well at least not in a post, but she has dinged me a couple of times. I think I qualify for a 'moron' badge of honor.

sueKay
August 31st, 2005, 12:56 PM
Hee hee...I wait and see what happens...then I may make a graphic!

scjon
August 31st, 2005, 01:40 PM
I was just minding my own business on the net when I came across this rather worrying (2nd or 3rd hand) spoiler, which I really, really hope isn't true.

spoilers (highlight below to read):
During an interview for Dreamwatch Magazine, AT is meant to have said that Sam/Jack get together after Threads, but then decide to split when it doesn't work out.
Source of worrying possible spoiler (http://www.sg1archive.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=11884&st=24) (can't white-out hyperlink)
Can anyone confirm or deny this?

galaxy
August 31st, 2005, 01:48 PM
I was just minding my own business on the net when I came across this rather worrying (2nd or 3rd hand) spoiler, which I really, really hope isn't true.

During an interview for Dreamwatch Magazine, AT is meant to have said that Sam/Jack get together after Threads, but then decide to split when it doesn't work out.
Source of worrying possible spoiler (http://www.sg1archive.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=11884&st=24) (can't white-out hyperlink)

If that's true...I'll burn my whole Stargate DVD/VHS collection and will never ever watch it again.........I think.

smea
August 31st, 2005, 02:07 PM
If that's true...I'll burn my whole Stargate DVD/VHS collection and will never ever watch it again.........I think.

I completely agree! How can it not work.. Sam and Jack have meant to be together forever! Its written in the stars... it cant just, not work, so they break up.

I hope its not true, I hope its not true... It cant be true. Can it?

galaxy
August 31st, 2005, 02:14 PM
I completely agree! How can it not work.. Sam and Jack have meant to be together forever! Its written in the stars... it cant just, not work, so they break up.

NO! :D

SamCarterONeill
August 31st, 2005, 02:15 PM

NOOO!!! IT CAN'T BE TRUE!!!!

IF IT IS, I'LL CRY AND NEVER EVER EVER EVER WATCH A SINGLE EPISODE OF STARGATE AGAIN! AND I'LL SEND TPTB MEAN LETTERS AND I'LL SEND AT MEAN LETTERS AND RDA A REALLY MEAN LETTER AND I'LL ... I'll just scream!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:S :mad: :eek:

and besides.... "ALWAYS" !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

galaxy
August 31st, 2005, 02:25 PM
Naaa, don't worry, that's not true.
That would be totally illogical.
TPTB don't always have the best ideas, but they are not complete idiots.
No way. No. No. No.
Not true!

Trust me. :D

Terrah
August 31st, 2005, 02:38 PM
Spoiler link below
http://www.powerpromoz.com/stargate/samcarter/at_samjack.mpg

Just listen to that crowd when asked the question, they go crazy, TPTB would never be able to show their faces in public again.

sugarshaker
August 31st, 2005, 02:47 PM
Naaa, don't worry, that's not true.
That would be totally illogical.
TPTB don't always have the best ideas, but they are not complete idiots.
No way. No. No. No.
Not true!

Trust me. :D

1 word. Pete. So, actually they are complete idiots, but I agree, not even they would stoop this low. :S

scjon
August 31st, 2005, 02:50 PM
Spoiler link below
http://www.powerpromoz.com/stargate/samcarter/at_samjack.mpg

Just listen to that crowd when asked the question, they go crazy, TPTB would never be able to show their faces in public again.
Unfortunately the link doesn't seem to work, but if it's the clip I think it is, then I agree with you.

I'll try to get my hands on a copy of Dreamwatch tomorrow. I can't guarantee I'll be able to because the newsagents I used to get it from has shut down & not that many places seem to stock it. As soon as I find anything out I'll let everyone know.

ann_sgcfan
August 31st, 2005, 02:52 PM

That sounds like a non-shipper trying to put their spin on the whole deal just to send the wise and loyal shippers into a tail spin. I'll never believe it! Nope not gonna happen!

scjon
August 31st, 2005, 02:57 PM
That sounds like a non-shipper trying to put their spin on the whole deal just to send the wise and loyal shippers into a tail spin. I'll never believe it! Nope not gonna happen!
I really, really hope you're right! Here's to hoping the TPTB aren't that stupid.....

smea
August 31st, 2005, 03:03 PM

*sighs* i hope you are right.

To be honest... i think it would be a complete waste of time to put all that work in those episodes, and adding all the subtle remarks etc... for it to just 'not work out'.

Hm. But maybe its better to expect the worst... then we wont be so disappointed if it is true... which it better not be.

stargate barbie
August 31st, 2005, 03:46 PM
i'd need to see evidence of that interview, at least find out what issue of what magazine before i'd believe it. overly cautious and most likely pointless spoiler space: it does kinda put a downer on the post EDM ship moment haze though doesn't it?

Cathain Nottingham
August 31st, 2005, 03:49 PM
i'd need to see evidence of that interview, at least find out what issue of what magazine before i'd believe it. overly cautious and most likely pointless spoiler space: it does kinda put a downer on the post EDM ship moment haze though doesn't it?

Maybe purposely? I can see that happening - creating false PR to throw us off the happy scent of "Not exactly"

scjon
August 31st, 2005, 04:24 PM

I haven't got a copy of the magazine yet, but there is an advert for it on the Dreamwatch homepage. The current issue (133) does have an interview with AT in it and this is the way they advertise it:

spoilers:(highlight below to read)
STARGATE SG-1/AMANDA TAPPING
Stargate SG-1's leading lady discusses life after Colonel Jack O'Neill, and reveals how Samantha Carter fits in to the new SG-1 line-up.

from http://www.titanmagazines.co.uk/ukdreamwatch.html

(the spoiler space may not have been necessary, but I thought I'd better put it in just in case.)

I can see how anti-shippers would enjoy interpreting that!! Now I really think we need to see the full article.

Cathain Nottingham
August 31st, 2005, 04:30 PM
I haven't got a copy of the magazine yet, but there is an advert for it on the Dreamwatch homepage. The current issue (133) does have an interview with AT in it and this is the way they advertise it:

spoilers:(highlight below to read)
STARGATE SG-1/AMANDA TAPPING
Stargate SG-1's leading lady discusses life after Colonel Jack O'Neill, and reveals how Samantha Carter fits in to the new SG-1 line-up.

from http://www.titanmagazines.co.uk/ukdreamwatch.html

(the spoiler space may not have been necessary, but I thought I'd better put it in just in case.)

I can see how anti-shippers would enjoy interpreting that!! Now I really think we need to see the full article.

See to me the Stargate SG-1's leading lady discusses life after Colonel Jack O'Neill, and reveals how Samantha Carter fits in to the new SG-1 line-up. Can be linked to just SG-1 without Jack not Sam without Jack. Besides 'Colonel Jack O'Neill'? If its implied that Sam and Jack break up, why wouldn't it say General O'Neill? I think the article is just about the new season and the new team leader.

scjon
August 31st, 2005, 04:36 PM
See to me the Stargate SG-1's leading lady discusses life after Colonel Jack O'Neill, and reveals how Samantha Carter fits in to the new SG-1 line-up. Can be linked to just SG-1 without Jack not Sam without Jack. Besides 'Colonel Jack O'Neill'? If its implied that Sam and Jack break up, why wouldn't it say General O'Neill? I think the article is just about the new season and the new team leader.
Actually Cathain, I was wondering about that too. I haven't given up hope and I think your theory is probably correct. We shall just have to wait and see.....

ses110
August 31st, 2005, 04:39 PM
Thanks scjon.I would not worry at all.Sam and Jack have waited for the longest time to get together and now were suppose to believe they were together and decided it was not working after a short Time.I think not.If TPTB did not want Sam and Jack together they could have had Sam marry Pete.I doubt TPTB are just going to drop the Sam and Jack Ship at this late Date.I have high hopes that Sam and Jack will end up together.I hope we see it at the end of Season 9.

Cathain Nottingham
August 31st, 2005, 04:40 PM
Thanks scjon.I would not worry at all.Sam and Jack have waited for the longest time to get together and now were suppose to believe they were together and decided it was not working after a short Time.I think not.If TPTB did not want Sam and Jack together they could have had Sam marry Pete.I doubt TPTB are just going to drop the Sam and Jack Ship at this late Date.I have high hopes that Sam and Jack will end up together.I hope we see it at the end of Season 9.

Agreed, If TPTB want to break them up - then why mention they dated at all? It doesn't make sense.

stargate barbie
August 31st, 2005, 04:50 PM
i really hope it means that she's talking about the show without RDA and his character and that someone just read too much into it and jumped to conclusions.

i honestly could not understand why they would have them go through so many years of being in love only to throw it away like that, to have them go through the whole pete and kerry thing and demonstrate that they can't be with anyone else because they love each other and then just have it not work out. i truely believe that the pete thing was done just to show that she and jack are meant for one another and thats all it was ever meant to be, and my faith had been restored, but now its starting to waver a tad. not to the point of being really really worried, but still... meah.

i just hope this is a case of crossed wires. is this magazine with this interview out in the shops yet?

well that was a long post, but i'll just finish with a bit of O.T. that occured to me,
the actress who played kerry was named clare, yes? i find it slightly odd that both her real name and her character name are county's in ireland, and yet am slightly amused by this also. now i'd best post this before i get distracted by something shiny! :p

girlgater
August 31st, 2005, 04:56 PM
***Running with Fingers In Ears*** LALALALA

I absolutely refuse to listen to any of this. I simply won't believe that Sam and Jack try having a relationship and it doesn't work out. It is so against everything that we have seen over the last 8 years. I simply won't listen to it!!!

stargate barbie
August 31st, 2005, 04:58 PM
just had a quick peek at the last two pages of the anti thread and so far nobody's doing backflips over there so either nobody there has heard about or read this interview or its nothing to write... well... here... about. maybe we should check their houses in case its worth writing home about! :eek:

majorsal
August 31st, 2005, 05:05 PM

no, i miss him/think about him in every ep, but two times it hit me hard enough that it almost made me want to cry. :(

girlgater
August 31st, 2005, 05:06 PM
I went to the magazine site and the article itself can't be accessed. Doesn't anyone in the family subscribe???

Cathain Nottingham
August 31st, 2005, 05:12 PM
I went to the magazine site and the article itself can't be accessed. Doesn't anyone in the family subscribe???

I don't but is it being sold in stores still? I don't have classes tomorrow so I can go get it.

girlgater
August 31st, 2005, 05:15 PM
I don't but is it being sold in stores still? I don't have classes tomorrow so I can go get it.

I'm not sure if it's sold in the boonies where I am or not. I just can't fathom what TPTB are thinking if the rumor is true.

scjon
August 31st, 2005, 05:34 PM
I think it is still in the shops, but I think that it's only a UK magazine, so I don't know if it gets exported or not. I have to go shopping tomorrow anyway,(exciting things like fruit juice and shampoo) so I shall look out for it.

In spite of the number of posts I've made in the last hour or so, I'm not worried exactly, just midly confused and irritated.

scjon
August 31st, 2005, 05:38 PM
the actress who played kerry was named clare, yes? i find it slightly odd that both her real name and her character name are county's in ireland, and yet am slightly amused by this also. now i'd best post this before i get distracted by something shiny! :p

What a great observation! :D Yes the actress's name is Clare Carey. What's the betting that that didn't even occur to TPTB?

stargate barbie
August 31st, 2005, 05:45 PM
What a great observation! :D Yes the actress's name is Clare Carey. What's the betting that that didn't even occur to TPTB?
probably something that only a crazy irish person could notice.

trupi
August 31st, 2005, 05:55 PM
I think it is still in the shops, but I think that it's only a UK magazine, so I don't know if it gets exported or not. I have to go shopping tomorrow anyway,(exciting things like fruit juice and shampoo) so I shall look out for it.

In spite of the number of posts I've made in the last hour or so, I'm not worried exactly, just midly confused and irritated.
Is the new addition out yet? I can get it, at Forbidden Planet but I don't want to make a trip to Manhattan if the magazine hasn't been released yet!

girlgater
August 31st, 2005, 05:57 PM
Is the new addition out yet? I can get it, at Forbidden Planet but I don't want to make a trip to Manhattan if the magazine hasn't been released yet!

According to this site, it is:

http://www.titanmagazines.co.uk/ukdreamwatch.html

scjon
August 31st, 2005, 05:57 PM
probably something that only a crazy irish person could notice.
Well, I'm not Irish, but it is the sort of thing that I would normally notice, so that must make me crazy too! :D :p

Back on topic: in spite of everything, Sam & Jack are for always!

scjon
August 31st, 2005, 06:02 PM
According to the website, it is out in the UK. I don't know if it is shipped to the US at the same time. I would assume so, but I'm not sure....

stargate barbie
August 31st, 2005, 06:03 PM
Well, I'm not Irish, but it is the sort of thing that I would normally notice, so that must make me crazy too! :D :p

Back on topic: in spite of everything, Sam & Jack are for always!
yeah, my personal theory on our new favourite quote is that "not exactly" single means, they are in a long distance relationship, and are perhaps imitating bunny rabbits at every given opportunity :D

but thats just a theory.

scjon
August 31st, 2005, 06:06 PM
yeah, my personal theory on our new favourite quote is that "not exactly" single means, they are in a long distance relationship, and are perhaps imitating bunny rabbits at every given opportunity :D

but thats just a theory.
It's a good one though. I like it! Those two words can be interpreted in any number of ways, by shippers and anti-shippers alike (I had a quick look at the anti-s/j ship thread earlier!)

trupi
August 31st, 2005, 06:07 PM
According to the website, it is out in the UK. I don't know if it is shipped to the US at the same time. I would assume so, but I'm not sure....
Forbidden Planet is a UK owned store which gets fanzines items made only in the UK and Japan. So they probably have gotten the new addition. I'll go and check it out.

scjon
August 31st, 2005, 06:10 PM
Forbidden Planet is a UK owned store which gets fanzines items made only in the UK and Japan. So they probably have gotten the new addition. I'll go and check it out.
Thanks Trupi

trupi
August 31st, 2005, 06:23 PM
JM just answered one of Gatebee's question-the question wasn't in the response but I think he said that Jack was talking about selling his bicycle. Did he say motorcyle or his bike in the scene? I don't remember.

Somnium
August 31st, 2005, 06:24 PM
***Running with Fingers In Ears*** LALALALA

I absolutely refuse to listen to any of this. I simply won't believe that Sam and Jack try having a relationship and it doesn't work out. It is so against everything that we have seen over the last 8 years. I simply won't listen to it!!!

Joins in with the fingers in ears and Lalalalalalalals

Nope, no, noway, not gonna happen, I totally agree.

Somnium
August 31st, 2005, 06:27 PM
Am gonna look for this magazine when Im in town tomorrow.

Gatetrixer
August 31st, 2005, 06:45 PM
JM just answered one of Gatebee's question-the question wasn't in the response but I think he said that Jack was talking about selling his bicycle. Did he say motorcyle or his bike in the scene? I don't remember.

I thought he said "motorcycle" and thought Gatebee said "bike." Motorcycle can mean only one thing while bike can mean either motorcycle or bicycle, so what's up with JM's answer?

Yep, Jack said "motorcycle."

sueKay
August 31st, 2005, 06:50 PM
Hey guys!

tried to post earlier, but then my windows registry corrupted :eek:

had to reboot and run scan disk and find back-ups...very scary

Anywho...

As far as I know...someone said that comment in jest...can't remember who though...I'll try and buy the magazine tomorrow if I can.

Oh...Had a very long phone convo with the very lovely gatebee

(((((((((((((((((Charise))))))))))))))))))))

So that was very nice! :D

Cathain Nottingham
August 31st, 2005, 06:50 PM
I thought he said "motorcycle" and thought Gatebee said "bike." Motorcycle can mean only one thing while bike can mean either motorcycle or bicycle, so what's up with JM's answer? (If my memory is right--transcript anyone?)

MOTORCYCLE!!! LOOK!

Landry: Is that what this is about? You come all the way to Colorado Springs to check up on me.

Jack: No I had to sign the papers to my house, and my car, motorcycle.

ann_sgcfan
August 31st, 2005, 07:00 PM
See below for SG_1 Transcripts

you are correct now wondering about JM's comment. hmmmm.

SCENE: Landry's house. Outside. O'Neill and Landry playing chess

O'NEILL: So did you decide to go at the desk at an angle or...flush with the door?

LANDRY: is that what this is about? You come all the way to Colorado springs to check up on me?

O'NEILL: Nah...I had to sign the papers to my house...and my car...my motorcycle

edit: You beat me to it Cathain Nottingham! :D

cafine_us
August 31st, 2005, 07:00 PM
Yeah, Jack said it was a motorcycle. I think JM was just confused because the question referred to the motorcycle as a bike.

Cathain Nottingham
August 31st, 2005, 07:04 PM
edit: You beat me to it Cathain Nottingham! :D

:D That's what happens when I'm sitting here with nothing to do!

trupi
August 31st, 2005, 07:05 PM
Hey guys!

Anywho...

As far as I know...someone said that comment in jest...can't remember who though...I'll try and buy the magazine tomorrow if I can.

It was originally posted by Major Sam Carter O'Neill in the GW achives. Doesn't that person also post here? If it was in jest, why would they say that and get everyone down?

sueKay
August 31st, 2005, 07:06 PM
No..it was someone from the show that posted it...not Lauren!!!!!

sueKay
August 31st, 2005, 07:06 PM
WELCOME CAFINE US!!!!!!!!

Have fun and post lots!!!!!!!!!!!!

ann_sgcfan
August 31st, 2005, 07:08 PM
:D That's what happens when I'm sitting here with nothing to do!

:D LOL :D

Well I'm off to see if JM is going to answer anymore questions then I'm calling it a night. night all.

cafine_us
August 31st, 2005, 07:13 PM
Thank you! :D

trupi
August 31st, 2005, 07:15 PM
Hey guys!

Anywho...

SueKay keep running your virus scan when you are on GW. Everytime I get on I pick up anywhere from 5 to 16 viruses. With the scan on it quarantines the viruses so you can get rid of them!

sueKay
August 31st, 2005, 07:18 PM
I know...the problem was actually to do with memory...it was so low that Windows couldn't actually start up.

SG1Poz
August 31st, 2005, 07:24 PM
I know...the problem was actually to do with memory...it was so low that Windows couldn't actually start up.

Check your disk space. Your drive/s may be filled up. I was slow too so I recently had to uninstall some programs that I rarely use to gain space.

Poz

nell
August 31st, 2005, 07:24 PM
WHOA!! HALT!! STOP!!

Everybody take slow, deep cleansing breaths!!! Calming deep breaths!!!

I just sped through 3 pages and from the outside looking in, seems like something's agitated the Shipper Family!!! I didn't read the spoilers because I had a long, hard day and I don't want to go over the edge at this late hour. So, thanks for using spoiler tags.

Now, from the way I read in-between the lines, I.DO.NOT.BELIEVE.SOMETHING.BAD.WILL.HAPPEN.TO.OUR.SHIP!!!!

TPTB are human, they have made errors in the development of Our Ship BUT they are NOT COMPLETE IDIOTS. At this point in the series and in the 9th year, they are not going to do something shockingly contrary to the direction Our Ship is headed!!

So, although I don't know what the spoiler is, I just know from many, many years of viewing TV ship series that the Ship almost always comes in!! How well it is resolved varies BUT I am convinced that Our Ship will come!!!

And, with that said, if you'll excuse me
Stick fingers in ears, shuts eyes and drones, "la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la ......................"

trupi
August 31st, 2005, 07:31 PM
WHOA!! HALT!! STOP!!

Everybody take slow, deep cleansing breaths!!! Calming deep breaths!!!

I just sped through 3 pages and from the outside looking in, seems like something's agitated the Shipper Family!!! I didn't read the spoilers because I had a long, hard day and I don't want to go over the edge at this late hour. So, thanks for using spoiler tags.

Now, from the way I read in-between the lines, I.DO.NOT.BELIEVE.SOMETHING.BAD.WILL.HAPPEN.TO.OUR.SHIP!!!!

TPTB are human, they have made errors in the development of Our Ship BUT they are NOT COMPLETE IDIOTS. At this point in the series and in the 9th year, they are not going to do something shockingly contrary to the direction Our Ship is headed!!

So, although I don't know what the spoiler is, I just know from many, many years of viewing TV ship series that the Ship almost always comes in!! How well it is resolved varies BUT I am convinced that Our Ship will come!!!

And, with that said, if you'll excuse me
Stick fingers in ears, shuts eyes and drones, "la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la ......................"
Don't worry Nell I think someone is playing a bad joke on us shippers to see if we bite. So until I get that magazine and read that article, everyone keep having shippy dreams and ignore everything else!

Rogue
August 31st, 2005, 07:48 PM
Don't worry Nell I think someone is playing a bad joke on us shippers to see if we bite. So until I get that magazine and read that article, everyone keep having shippy dreams and ignore everything else!

When are they ever specific about Sam and Jacks relationship? Everytime someone asked about Sam and Jack, we get a vague answer. That quote was way to specific. So I am assuming it is a bad joke.

nell
August 31st, 2005, 07:48 PM

Hi Trupi!
I really believe what I said! Joe M is not a baddie!! He's not gonna let that happen!! **stomps foot, turns on heel, marches off to read fanfiction**

BTW, in addition to the wonderful shippy stories from our resident Shipper Family members, go to fanfiction.net and read Missing Something . It's post Threads/post Season 8. This is one of many shippy stories to blast away any blues!! :rolleyes: ;)

sg-1fanintn
August 31st, 2005, 07:55 PM

I'll deny it on general principle, but I know that's not what you mean. If it's second or third hand, I wouldn't worry too much about it. It sounds like someone trying to spread dis-information to me. Besides, THEY ARE SO MEANT TO BE TOGETHER!!!!!!! I can't believe that even TPTB would do that to us.

sg-1fanintn
August 31st, 2005, 08:04 PM
He most definitely DID say "motorcycle!"

mad_gater
August 31st, 2005, 09:07 PM

It better not be.....Jacob will haunt them both from the grave then......esp. Jack if he somehow managed to hurt Sam's feelings

mad_gater
August 31st, 2005, 09:08 PM
NOOO!!! IT CAN'T BE TRUE!!!!

IF IT IS, I'LL CRY AND NEVER EVER EVER EVER WATCH A SINGLE EPISODE OF STARGATE AGAIN! AND I'LL SEND TPTB MEAN LETTERS AND I'LL SEND AT MEAN LETTERS AND RDA A REALLY MEAN LETTER AND I'LL ... I'll just scream!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:S :mad: :eek:

and besides.... "ALWAYS" !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
And I will infect all their computers with that Wraith virus....:D:D

mad_gater
August 31st, 2005, 09:14 PM
It SO has to be propaganda....gotta be...

mad_gater
August 31st, 2005, 09:26 PM
Hey guys!

Anywho...

Stupid technology!! nothin' but trouble.....:P:D

mad_gater
August 31st, 2005, 09:28 PM
Yeah, Jack said it was a motorcycle. I think JM was just confused because the question referred to the motorcycle as a bike.
(((((((((cu))))))))))

WELCOME CU!!!!!! :):)

Cathain Nottingham
August 31st, 2005, 09:31 PM
(((((((((cu))))))))))

WELCOME CU!!!!!! :):)

Having fun catching up Gater? :D

gatebee
August 31st, 2005, 09:34 PM
Hi there. I did see JM answered the question. Yes I did say "bike" and Jack said motorcycle in Avalon 1. But I was referring the bike to the motorcycle.

Cathain Nottingham
August 31st, 2005, 09:35 PM
Hi there. I did see JM answered the question. Yes I did say "bike" and Jack said motorcycle in Avalon 1. But I was referring the bike to the motorcycle.

Well I knew what you meant. I never actually say motorcycle - its a bike.

trupi
August 31st, 2005, 09:51 PM
Well I knew what you meant. I never actually say motorcycle - its a bike.
So why did JM answer bicycle when we know Jack said motorcycle. Unless he didn't want to spoil it for our European family members who haven't seen the episode already! Or is he just trying to drive us CRAZY!!!!!! :eek:

trupi
August 31st, 2005, 10:01 PM
If anyone who hasn't gone to a convention wants to know why others go, look at the Apophis site! A wild time was had by all in Chicago! Can't wait for Vancouver!

Cathain Nottingham
August 31st, 2005, 10:07 PM
So why did JM answer bicycle when we know Jack said motorcycle. Unless he didn't want to spoil it for our European family members who haven't seen the episode already! Or is he just trying to drive us CRAZY!!!!!! :eek:

Yep he's screwing with us ;)

gatebee
August 31st, 2005, 10:09 PM
I think that JM found a loop hole in my question. Cause in WOO Jack did ride a bicylce.

gatebee
August 31st, 2005, 10:12 PM
Well it doesn't really matter that much to me now since Sam said"Not exactly" last Friday

scjon
August 31st, 2005, 10:23 PM
I'm sorry, perhaps I really shouldn't have said anything at all until I had a chance to get a hold of the magazine. I was just really surprised and wondered what on earth was going on. I hoped someone else might have heard something. Apparently not.

Please blame sleep deprivation-I'm trying to get my PhD thesis finished in a very short space of time.

Cathain Nottingham
August 31st, 2005, 10:27 PM
I'm sorry, perhaps I really shouldn't have said anything at all until I had a chance to get a hold of the magazine. I was just really surprised and wondered what on earth was going on. I hoped someone else might have heard something. Apparently not.

Please blame sleep deprivation-I'm trying to get my PhD thesis finished in a very short space of time.

Not at all - I think we've figured the 'history' behind it out already - They're talking about Jack leaving the show and Cameron coming in as the new SG-1 leader, NOT Sam and Jack in a relationship.

scjon
August 31st, 2005, 10:38 PM
Not at all - I think we've figured the 'history' behind it out already - They're talking about Jack leaving the show and Cameron coming in as the new SG-1 leader, NOT Sam and Jack in a relationship.
Thanks Cathain. Although I still feel sleep deprived, that does make me feel much better!!

SuSiE_SG1
August 31st, 2005, 11:59 PM
I have just heard that Sam and Jack were dating but they broke up and thats why she said what she said to Barrett, can someone please confirm or deny this for me as its driving me nuts.

Sheena
September 1st, 2005, 12:23 AM
For UK shippers out there. I don't know if anyone noticed but... I got my sky mag today and saw that from next Wednesday Sky One are showing Stargate eps you vote for again. So I went over to Sky One and went to interactive. The votes over the next 4 weeks are all about Jack because he is Ďstepping downí as they say. One of the episodes on choice this week is Paradise Lost :D . Of course I went and voted. So if anyone is going to vote, vote PL! :)

~Tracey~

Already voted yesterday!! Do you think if I vote a few more times anyone will notice :D

Sheena
September 1st, 2005, 12:26 AM
When are they ever specific about Sam and Jacks relationship? Everytime someone asked about Sam and Jack, we get a vague answer. That quote was way to specific. So I am assuming it is a bad joke.

There is no way after all that build up they would do that. They couldn't! They would upset WAAYY too many people! Even AT said that it's being left to our imaginations and been left open to interpretation. There is not a chance that they have broken up and I refuse to listen to anyone who says otherwise

*Joins in sticking fingers in ears* LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA

Billie
September 1st, 2005, 01:52 AM
Ok, well I've just caught up on the latest :eek: and here's my take on it....

Jack and Sam tried, tested and failed???? Oh there's not a chance in HELL!!!!

Reasons why
1. 8 Years of slowly developed 'I care about her alot more than I'm supposed to'

2. Pete and Kerry biting the dust coz J/S proved without doubt that they are meant for eachother

3. ATs answer to the question at Comiccon

4. J/S ship is canon and as previously said TPTB may be a tad off wicket sometimes but they aren't gonna throw a 'no ball' on this one (sorry couldn't resist a cricket analogy!!)

5. 'ALWAYS'

6. IMHO I just can't believe they would risk it especially if sg1 carries on into S10

7. And here's just one of many more reasons......!! (spoiler for S8)
http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a57/pcbillie/fishing.jpg

Toddles off to find more reasons why OUR SHIP WILL SAIL ON!!! :) :)

gate_girl12
September 1st, 2005, 03:40 AM

Nah, sooooo not true. If it was, what would be the point? Drawing out the whole relationship for eight years only to have some pathetic ending for them?

I am confident that this is a complete load of.... ******* I'll let you on the rest.

Oma-1
September 1st, 2005, 04:12 AM
OK shippers, here's the quote. I bought the mag last week and had successfully managed to block out that particular paragraph - especially in the light of EDM. I also didn't want to bring it up cos of the last discussion we had about comments Amanda had made being so recent and causing a bit of .... controversy - don't want to use that word but couldn't think of another :o

"Richard Dean Anderson may have cut back on his Stargate screen time but there is still the unresolved matter of O'Neill and Carter's sexual heat to melt an iceberg so does Tapping imagine the lovebirds living happily ever after?

AT: I've thought about that and I don't have an answer for you. Ultimately, there has been too much notice on these two and it is too much of a qualifier for this character. It would be amazing if something happened and they went "Oh, we're better off as friends". If they could get it on just once, have a great little time, and then go "We got that out of our system. Now let's go fishing!" I just can't see Cater and O'Neill having a long term, functioning relationship though."

As you can see, this is just Amanda's opinion - it's not anything coming from tptb that we need to stress over. I guess she's looking at the differences in character and habits between Sam and Jack and thinking "how could that possibly work long-term for a fully functioning relationship?", especially with no Jack full time on the show. I also think Amanda would be happy to get a break from the ship questions. She's said a few times that she feels it has been too central a part of her character.

Personally, I could think of lots of ways that the relationship could work :D IMHO this isn't anything to get steamed up about - we've all disagreed with some quotes from most of the actors over the years, and I think most of us shippers are agreed that any damage to Sam's character caused by ship was caused by the ridiculous stringing out of the :eek: saga.

I say let's focus on "Not exactly" and show some of that Shipper Optimism (aided by Ship Nana's Ship Cookies :) )

Catysg1
September 1st, 2005, 04:29 AM
It's a good one though. I like it! Those two words can be interpreted in any number of ways, by shippers and anti-shippers alike (I had a quick look at the anti-s/j ship thread earlier!)

I don't even understand why an anti shipper would even bother to talk about that ..If they don't care about the relationship , it should not make a big deal to them ..Sam and Jack are not on screen together anymore therefore they don't have to suffer the visual ship and I thought that was what they ( Antis) were against . They could not stand seeing Sam and Jack on screen cuddling or in a shippy scene !!!!. Now they are not on screen , so the antis should just be happy that they can concentrate on the rest of the storyline and adventure of the team . if I was an anti , I would definalety not care about What Sam says , I would just watch the show for the action and the other characters I like .. I mean I don't really like Daniel/Vala myself ..but I don't really care if they end up together ..really..There are other things to watch SG1 for .

Sam and Jack are meant to be together and they will be . Off screen OK and good for the antis at the moment but I surely hope that TPTB will show ONE SCENE :p of them together in a romantic situation for the pro shippers Sam and Jack .Everybody should be happy but as Sam and Jack are not on screen anymore for most of season 9 ( The antis get their dose of happiness), but it's important for the shippers to see them (S/J) one last time together in an appopriate way with a real kiss . ;)

Caty :)

shipper hannah
September 1st, 2005, 04:31 AM
oh woah people!
this does NOT mean they've broken up!
they're probably just talking about what the shows like without jack o'neill in it!
DON'T PANIC!!!
all's well :)

Catysg1
September 1st, 2005, 04:49 AM
Oma 's quote
AT: I've thought about that and I don't have an answer for you. Ultimately, there has been too much notice on these two and it is too much of a qualifier for this character. It would be amazing if something happened and they went "Oh, we're better off as friends". If they could get it on just once, have a great little time, and then go "We got that out of our system. Now let's go fishing!" I just can't see Cater and O'Neill having a long term, functioning relationship though."

I can't believe that AT is saying that :eek:
Why do shippers have to go through hardship like that ..when the ship is only off screen anyway ..What is the problem with TPTB those days and their brainwashing to the actors ?!!
Don't they realize that a show is popular because of the ship !!!
I mean , just look at LOST for a minute ..Do you really think that show would have been so popular without ship and specially the kate/Jack ship ...with Sawyers in the middle . We had some lovely scenes between the characters and very much ship orientated .
The ship makes a series what is is which is popularity.Unresolved is one thing but resolved is as important at the end like JAG . :)
and most important it will make tha fans buy the DVD's .
So I hope that TPTB will not go down that route of having Sam and Jack as a one off love affair ..it's pretty bad taste considering that botth Sam and Jack have been pining for each other for 8 years and the love between them was supposed to be deep specially after Jack said "Always" inThreads . If they follow the route off just SEX betweem Sam and Jack and not love , they are making Sam and Jack idiots and behaving like teenagers or at least not grown adults :S They will ridiculise the notion of LOVE and leave the Sam and Jack ship as the worse one in the Television history . :eek:

Sam and Jack together IN LOVE for ever :)

shelsfc
September 1st, 2005, 05:14 AM
OK shippers, here's the quote. I bought the mag last week and had successfully managed to block out that particular paragraph - especially in the light of EDM. I also didn't want to bring it up cos of the last discussion we had about comments Amanda had made being so recent and causing a bit of .... controversy - don't want to use that word but couldn't think of another :o

<snip>

You beat me to it! :D I was the same - I got it last week too, and I'd completely forgotten about it in all the EDM excitement until today when I got here and saw everyone had been talking about it.

I'm really disappointed that she said that though. I suppose it's always nicer to think the actors support the ship... :(

Rogue
September 1st, 2005, 05:27 AM
You beat me to it! :D I was the same - I got it last week too, and I'd completely forgotten about it in all the EDM excitement until today when I got here and saw everyone had been talking about it.

I'm really disappointed that she said that though. I suppose it's always nicer to think the actors support the ship... :(

Yeah, I am disappointed too. AT has alway had this thing against being "Jack's gal". It seem from her point of veiw that it was only a physical attraction and sexual tenision. There was no love to take the relationship further than the bedroom.

shelsfc
September 1st, 2005, 05:39 AM
Yeah, I am disappointed too. AT has alway had this thing against being "Jack's gal". It seem from her point of veiw that it was only a physical attraction and sexual tenision. There was no love to take the relationship further than the bedroom.

It's kind of a pity, because I don't think there was ever any chance of that happening. And especially now that Jack's not even there any more! And I don't know how it could be seen as just a physical attraction or sexual tension. It's not like we ever saw much of that...we did, on the other hand, see a lot of genuine feelings between them. They made it quite obvious that these two people care deeply about each other.

girlgater
September 1st, 2005, 05:47 AM
Well, I feel better for the most part. I am rather disappointed at AT's comments, but after all she is getting paid to portray a character. The fact that she may not totally support the ship is irrelevant at this point (I guess), as it is left up to TPTB, but it would make it sweeter if she wanted them to be together too.

So, I'm going to go with what Samantha Carter said "not exactly" and what Jack O'Neill said, "always" and not worry what Amanda Tapping said.

As far as I am concerned, Jack and Sam are together; their relationship is a mature one based on mutual respect and admiration and that's all there is to it...

Rogue
September 1st, 2005, 05:51 AM
It's kind of a pity, because I don't think there was ever any chance of that happening. And especially now that Jack's not even there any more! And I don't know how it could be seen as just a physical attraction or sexual tension. It's not like we ever saw much of that...we did, on the other hand, see a lot of genuine feelings between them. They made it quite obvious that these two people care deeply about each other.

Yeah, Lost Paradise and Grace are two examples. What they were feeling was more than just a lose of a friend.

shelsfc
September 1st, 2005, 06:10 AM
Yeah, Lost Paradise and Grace are two examples. What they were feeling was more than just a lose of a friend.

Exactly - sure we saw how devestated they were when Daniel died, but we never saw them cry. But Sam did when she thought she'd lost Jack.

Catysg1
September 1st, 2005, 06:19 AM

Well if Sam wanted just SEX , she had Pete for that . She broke up with Pete to be with Jack and I don't think she wanted to be with Jack just to try Sex as a one off . I mean LOVE is beautiful and powerful .To ridiculise Love like that is pretty bad ...and if they go down that route , I don't think they'll sell their DVD's .Cheap sex is not on my list as a series . I prefer deep meaningful Love stories like Mulder and Scully and Harm and Mac .
I hope the Sam and Jack ship will end like the other 2 I just mentionned at least ..which neans together On SCREEN and they will leave it to that and not touch it but move on to new adventure with the new team if they do a season 10 ..I also hope that AT will stop after season 9 because without Jack , it's a bit hard and boring to find something to do for Sam if she does not even mention Jack from time to time . Why can't they resolve the ship once and for all and move on so the shippers can actually move on too . I don't think they will be selling any more DVD if they string the shippers along that way anyway and it proves also that Jack and Sam were the most important characters in SG1 if they can't give them a proper happy closure plus it 's so mean I can't even believe I'm still there typing that post .

girlgater
September 1st, 2005, 06:22 AM
Exactly - sure we saw how devestated they were when Daniel died, but we never saw them cry. But Sam did when she thought she'd lost Jack.

I think Entity is another good example when Jack has to zat Sam and then is reluctant to remove her from life support--even though he knows her advance directive wishes. Wonder when they had that kind of a conversation? That isn't exactly something that you discuss casually.

Oma-1
September 1st, 2005, 06:25 AM
And Out of Mind, Divide & Conquer, Beneath The Surface, Entity, Desperate Measures, Lost City .... and that's just the angsty ones! Never mind the tender moments, the caring moments, the just plain funny moments .... it all adds up.

There has been such a depth of emotion shown between these characters. There is a closeness between all of SG-1, but Sam & Jack have that extra element which makes it so much deeper. The whole :eek: thing was just so unbelievable for me. Intellectually I understand all the rationalisations and reasons, I just don't buy any of them because Sam & Jack have always known how they felt about each other, right from the get go. The only good thing to come of it is that tptb finally acknowledged some S&J ship with Threads and now EDM.

The bond that Sam & Jack share has overcome so many obstacles, that I don't ever see it breaking. Tptb will have to acknowledge that definitively at some point in the show - especially if JM has any say in it.

Right now, the thing that annoys me most is the lack of explanation on the show about why Jack suddenly disappeared. I'm sure there are a lot of fans out there who are completely in the dark as to what's happening. Even the magazine articles I've read haven't really explained Jack's absence, so anyone without internet access/knowhow is gonna be completely :confused:. They did the big farewell epidsode for Daniel cos they were killing him off and the ancient/ascended thing is a major storyline - all I want is a few lines of explanation fcol! Even something like

Daniel: How's Jack settling in at the Pentagon? Did General Hammond leave him the chair? (smirks)
Sam: You know the General - sticking it to the higher up man now. (grins)

parsifal
September 1st, 2005, 06:32 AM
Re: the AT comments

Hasn't AT spoken in interviews in the past about how much these characters care for each other and that they would be together if it weren't for the regs? Now it's just a meaningless sexual encounter? That doesn't make any sense.

I'm sorry if she feels frustrated by the events of the recent seasons, but she's not the only one. We shippers certainly didn't ask for that storyline! Don't blame the ship for the violence that was done to it.

As people have said, it's disappointing to hear her say things like that when we're desperate for a happy ending. I guess it's good she's not in control of the storyline.

galaxy
September 1st, 2005, 06:38 AM

What? You and Oma are supressing important shipper informations?
For a whole week?!?!? :eek:

For supressing evidence in the "Will Jack and Sam break up?" case, the shipper supreme court sentences you to look at this pic for 3 minutes (without blinking!).

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a108/galaxy_/7x15-00017.jpg

:D :D :D

Has anyone else the feeling that AT changes her opinion on that topic every week? LOL
Well, I guess she wants just the best for her character and the show and I can totally understand that, but I can't agree with her, because if they do that, both characters would lose all of their credibility and stargate would really turn into a soap-opera!
That would do harm to their characters (and stargate in general) much more than anything else IMO.

Anyway, thatís just her opinion (for this week :p ) and doesnít mean anything for the future of the ship....I hope. :S

parsifal
September 1st, 2005, 06:42 AM

Time for the eye soap..."The burning is love."

trupi
September 1st, 2005, 06:46 AM
And Out of Mind, Divide & Conquer, Beneath The Surface, Entity, Desperate Measures, Lost City .... and that's just the angsty ones! Never mind the tender moments, the caring moments, the just plain funny moments .... it all adds up.

There has been such a depth of emotion shown between these characters. There is a closeness between all of SG-1, but Sam & Jack have that extra element which makes it so much deeper. The whole :eek: thing was just so unbelievable for me. Intellectually I understand all the rationalisations and reasons, I just don't buy any of them because Sam & Jack have always known how they felt about each other, right from the get go. The only good thing to come of it is that tptb finally acknowledged some S&J ship with Threads and now EDM.

The bond that Sam & Jack share has overcome so many obstacles, that I don't ever see it breaking. Tptb will have to acknowledge that definitively at some point in the show - especially if JM has any say in it.

Right now, the thing that annoys me most is the lack of explanation on the show about why Jack suddenly disappeared. I'm sure there are a lot of fans out there who are completely in the dark as to what's happening. Even the magazine articles I've read haven't really explained Jack's absence, so anyone without internet access/knowhow is gonna be completely :confused:. They did the big farewell epidsode for Daniel cos they were killing him off and the ancient/ascended thing is a major storyline - all I want is a few lines of explanation fcol! Even something like

Daniel: How's Jack settling in at the Pentagon? Did General Hammond leave him the chair? (smirks)
Sam: You know the General - sticking it to the higher up man now. (grins)
Thank you Oma for posting the article, really didn't want to make a trip to Manhattan to get magazine, going to hospital tommorrow for some tests (only would have gone for the well being of the shipper family). In my opinion and once again I'm not attacking but AT has said on the commentaries (right from her mouth, unless it was scripted) she is not for the ship. Listen to " Death Knell" commentaries. Even "Lost City" commentaries had things on that. This is her opinion- great- I support her opinion 100% but she is upsetting her loyal fans who have cheered her on for 9 seasons. A actor without the support of their fans is heading down the dark side. "It just the way I see thing, what is your opinion"! :p

girlgater
September 1st, 2005, 06:51 AM
What? You and Oma are supressing important shipper informations?
For a whole week?!?!? :eek:

For supressing evidence in the "Will Jack and Sam break up?" case, the shipper supreme court sentences you to look at this pic for 3 minutes (without blinking!).

Has anyone else the feeling that AT changes her opinion on that topic every week? LOL
Well, I guess she wants just the best for her character and the show and I can totally understand that, but I can't agree with her, because if they do that, both characters would lose all of their credibility and stargate would really turn into a soap-opera!
That would do harm to their characters (and stargate in general) much more than anything else IMO.

Anyway, thatís just her opinion (for this week :p ) and doesnít mean anything for the future of the ship....I hope. :S

My eyes! My eyes!

SG1Poz
September 1st, 2005, 07:15 AM

I'm very, very disappointed and saddened by what AT said. I wish she would have stuck with her first sentence and didn't give us an answer.
She must know what a enormous group the shippers are and what her negativity about sam and jack relationship could cause the show. I'll be even more curious to see what the ratings do this season.
Now it'll be difficult for me to stay hopeful about the ship even if TPTB throw us a bone now and then like in EDM.
The actors pour all of their talent and emotions into a character. So if/when we do see Sam mention Jack or see them 'together', it won't feel the same since I know she (AT) dislikes and doesn't believe in the relationship.
I guess what it gets down to is separating AT from her character Sam when anything shippy is shown. I'll be hard pressed to accept it now. :(...and here I 'was' excited about those two words in EDM.

Poz

galaxy
September 1st, 2005, 07:17 AM
Time for the eye soap..."The burning is love."

My eyes! My eyes!

:rolleyes:
That's what happens when curious, little shippers poke their nose into things that are not meant for them! I hope you learned your lesson! :p :D

girlgater
September 1st, 2005, 07:20 AM
:rolleyes:
That's what happens when curious, little shippers poke their nose into things that are not meant for them! I hope you learned your lesson! :p :D

It seemed like a good idea at the time... :o

Oma-1
September 1st, 2005, 07:21 AM

That was fun actually :D I spent 3 minutes contemplating all my fave potato recipes, then duck recipes and finally remembering all the many and wonderful manips and piccys that have been posted :D

In my defence, I can only humbly apologise and confess my complete cowardice in not wanting to bring up the subject :rolleyes:

Catysg1
September 1st, 2005, 07:25 AM
Parsifal wrote
I guess it's good she's not in control of the storyline.

Gosh I hope she won't get what she wants this time ..does not make any sense!!! but she asked for a boyfriend and she got him with Pete :eek: I don't quite get why she is changing her mind like this .She was against the engagement proposal in Affinity
because she was concerned about the other guy = Jack but what about now and the deep LOVE for Sam and Jack !!!!! :rolleyes:
I thought AT was supporting the ship until I read that piece of S*** :rolleyes:
She may have been fed up with the ship but the writers wrote the ship .. we are not responsible for it ..we just enjoy it because it's a beautiful ship and hopefully will stay that way and won't be ridiculised to a cheap Sex encounter like others said .

SG1Poz
September 1st, 2005, 07:28 AM
Thank you Oma for posting the article, really didn't want to make a trip to Manhattan to get magazine, going to hospital tommorrow for some tests (only would have gone for the well being of the shipper family). In my opinion and once again I'm not attacking but AT has said on the commentaries (right from her mouth, unless it was scripted) she is not for the ship. Listen to " Death Knell" commentaries. Even "Lost City" commentaries had things on that. This is her opinion- great- I support her opinion 100% but she is upsetting her loyal fans who have cheered her on for 9 seasons. A actor without the support of their fans is heading down the dark side. "It just the way I see thing, what is your opinion"! :p

Apparently she is supporting her fans...but it's not the shippers :(

Poz

SG1Poz
September 1st, 2005, 07:35 AM
Parsifal wrote

Gosh I hope she won't get what she wants this time ..does not make any sense!!! but she asked for a boyfriend and she got him with Pete :eek: I don't quite get why she is changing her mind like this .She was against the engagement proposal in Affinity
because she was concerned about the other guy = Jack but what about now and the deep LOVE for Sam and Jack !!!!! :rolleyes:
I thought AT was supporting the ship until I read that piece of S*** :rolleyes:
She may have been fed up with the ship but the writers wrote the ship .. we are not responsible for it ..we just enjoy it because it's a beautiful ship and hopefully will stay that way and won't be ridiculised to a cheap Sex encounter like others said .

Why not ? They have Vala on Atlantis. Maybe they all have sex on the brain. Apparently it's easier to write sex scenes then love scenes. :(

Poz

Catysg1
September 1st, 2005, 07:36 AM
((((SG1poz ))) I don't understand why AT said that and does not support the ship ..I mean what about all those dedicated fans who built websites specially for their favourite couple Sam and Jack ..What about all those videos makers who spent ages making Sam and Jack videos ?!! What about all the collages and wallpapers made for them ...What all about the fanfics just because all those fans believed in the love story and a great relationship which will last forever !!

Unless she is just messing around ( which is not funny) !! I don't understand why they can't recognize the respect that shippers have for Sam and Jack and their relationship with all the labour of LOVE involved in creations .

It's soo bad taste that I really feel offended by AT's comment . What about us Amanda , the dedicated fans who made so many creations about Sam and Jack and their deep love for each other !!!

we don't want to see SEXUAL encounter between Sam and Jack after 8 long years of deep respect for each other ??!!!! :eek: What 's all that about

and most of all why can't they just be together off screen anyway ? what would be the problem ? GOSH am I the only one in the thread to be fed up about the show ?!!

girlgater
September 1st, 2005, 07:40 AM
Quick question---How does RDA feel about the ship? I haven't seen anything (or at least I don't remember seeing anything) on his perspective...

Lord Zedd
September 1st, 2005, 07:46 AM
AGENT BARRET: So you are single again
CARTER: not exactly !!!

:eek: eek: :D :D I am right now watching ex deus machina and I just saw that scene !!! :D:D:D I so knew it :D

sueKay
September 1st, 2005, 07:50 AM
I'm ignoring AT's comments...she changes her mind on ship as often as she changes her hairstyle (and that's a lot)...Sometimes...she so completely against it...othertimes she seems all for it (with comments about babies, fishing etc) and then other times where she really just bamboozles us...what sort of message is that to send out that it's okay to have a once night stand with someone? It's personally something I'm against...she seems to think that meaningless sex is fine.

So I'm going to ignore her...and I may not bother sending anything to FHB for GABIT.

As for RDA...I seem to remember that he wanted to stay quiet on the subject, but that he is a shipper.

sueKay
September 1st, 2005, 07:52 AM
Anubis FCOL - SPOILERS.:mad:

And I still want that PM otherwise I'm going to chase you up and you won't like the consequences.:mad:

Catysg1
September 1st, 2005, 08:04 AM
SG1 poz ;) They have Vala on Atlantis !!! I didn't know that !!! :rolleyes:
It seems to me that both shows are going all over the shop . They just don't know what to do with the characters .They are running of ideas I bet and try to put stuff a bit everywhere just to be able to edit an episode slightly decent . :S
And of course by messing around with one of the best ship of all time .Gosh I prefer What Carter did in the x-files and what Belisario did with JAG .
What Belisario did with kate in NCIS was a total shock for me but because she was not involved with anybody crucial , I can live with that :) I will not miss the first episode of new season NCIS because I want to know how Tony and Gibbs cope with what happened to kate . Hopefully TPTB is gonna address it properly and follow on that to make it a great new season even if there is a new female character in the new season .

and Sam and Jack IN LOVE for always :)

Caty:)