PDA

View Full Version : Sam Carter/Jack O'Neill Ship Appreciation Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 [46] 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57

stargate barbie
August 27th, 2005, 02:29 PM
okay, first of all i just need to comment on amanda tapping this season, from the little bitty clips and few screencaps i've seen of her all i can say is WOW! she looks absolutely stunning. motherhood obviously agrees with her very much.

second, i've read the spoilers and downloaded THE clip, and i'm happy. its vague enough for people who want to stick their fingers in their ears and hum loudly, and its just the type of thing i was hoping for from this season. hopefully they'll keep up this kind of thing every few eps.

third. hi token, i've been lurking for the last few weeks, but i was off line for about five months and then the last month of RL has absolutely sucked for me, and now i need to get ready for going back to college, which means trying to get rid of my severe case of writers block which has lasted the entire summer! and trying to get down to business and start writing some scripts. real life scares me :(

but its all good, cos i'm a positive (yet strangely cautious) shipper and that helps me deal. i must be the only shipper who was absolutely chuffed with moebius. i loved it.

well thats it from me. nobody hears from me for ages then i just can't shut up. ramble ramble...

gwenhwyfar
August 27th, 2005, 02:38 PM
Speaking of DVD's....
2 days ago I found out that the American season box-sets cost about $38!!!!!!!!!
:eek: :eek: :eek:

Here they cost about 99 Euros, that is about $122!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I mean, I knew that they are probably cheaper, but not that cheap!

So, who of you american shippers wants to adopt me? ;) :D

I have the first four seasons and they SO did not cost $38. They were $50 each! I'd like to know where someone found them for $38.

Gatetrixer
August 27th, 2005, 02:41 PM
Barrett thought he was soooooo smart working up to it like that. "How've ya been." etc. Ha! I think Sam acted like she knew he was going to ask something by her expression when they were first alone.

The squee heard round the world!!!

BTW, does anyone know what the connection the show "Celebrity Justice" has to RDA? RDAnderson.com says VCR alert for one night next week

Cathain Nottingham
August 27th, 2005, 02:45 PM
Barrett thought he was soooooo smart working up to it like that. "How've ya been." etc. Ha! I think Sam acted like she knew he was going to ask something by her expression when they were first alone.

The squee heard round the world!!!

BTW, does anyone know what the connection the show "Celebrity Justice" has to RDA? RDAnderson.com says VCR alert for one night next week

He suied a complex in LA after he fell and tore his knee after dropping his daughter off at dance class. He had to have surgery to fix the damage. It appeared on the show.

stargate barbie
August 27th, 2005, 02:48 PM
by the by, i heard a crazy rumour that the season 8 region 2 dvds will be released with audio commentaries, can anyone tell me if this is true and if they will be on the box set? because there are certain episodes that i would definitely like to hear commentaries for. and also thats the main reason i buy the dvds.

galaxy
August 27th, 2005, 02:58 PM
I have the first four seasons and they SO did not cost $38. They were $50 each! I'd like to know where someone found them for $38.

Like I said...I saw them for that price at amazon.com: :)

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/search-handle-form/104-3915410-0276732

Only season 7 is more expensive. No idea why! LOL

galaxy
August 27th, 2005, 03:15 PM
What I'm wondering is...how does Barett know that his name was Pete?
I'm pretty sure that she didn't mention his name in Resurrection!

LOL I guess I'm just worried that Barett is a stalkers too.
The whole Pete-thing was really traumatic. :p

Cathain Nottingham
August 27th, 2005, 03:18 PM
What I'm wondering is...how does Barett know that his name was Pete?
I'm pretty sure that she didn't mention his name in Resurrection!

LOL I guess I'm just worried that Barett is a stalkers too.
The whole Pete-thing was really traumatic. :p

I'm sure she said his name at some point :P Give the poor heartbroken man a break! :D

Queen Eleta
August 27th, 2005, 03:19 PM

I got seasons 2, 4, 5, and 6 at VMH for 24.99US each plus shipping. They were new, the only problem was shipping was about three weeks.

trupi
August 27th, 2005, 03:23 PM
I'm sure she said his name at some point :P Give the poor heartbroken man a break! :D
Didn't Barrett meet Pete in the episode when Tec'l is accused of murdering his neighbor's boyfriend?

Cathain Nottingham
August 27th, 2005, 03:32 PM
Didn't Barrett meet Pete in the episode when Tec'l is accused of murdering his neighbor's boyfriend?

I vaguly remember them together at some point.

shelsfc
August 27th, 2005, 03:32 PM
Warning: for some reason, I'm in a bit of a moany mood, so this is a bit of a moany post, I'm sorry!!!!!

I was watching Serpent's Lair today, and it struck me how much they've all changed. It really was a completely different show back then. Although it's not particularly one of my favourite episodes, it shows so much of what attracted me to the show, and so much of the basic storylines that have been running through the series. Daniel & Jack's friendship, the comfortable relationship developing between S&J, the Jaffa struggle for freedom, the beginning of the war with the Goa'uld (in that order I have to admit!!)

This isn't a rant about how it's terrible that Stargate has changed so much, because I don't think it's a bad thing. I just think it's a pity that some of the concepts that the show was (IMHO) based on are gone now, and in some cases got no proper send off, no resolution. Especially D&J and S&J. I mean, when they knew RDA wasn't coming back, it would have been nice to have had a scene or two that said, 'yes, these relationships are still strong, and will continue even though we're not going to see them onscreen.' D&J's relationship seemed to have been forgotten about the last few years, and S&J...well, you know. Do we even know for sure that RDA is coming back for an ep? For all we know Sam's comment in EDM, fantastic as it was to hear, could be the last we ever hear of their relationship! I sincerely doubt it, and I even more sincerely hope not, but the possibility is there... it just seems unfair, to the characters, to the show, to the fans, to leave them the way they did.

To be perfectly honest, I'm not sure what my point is or that I even have one, but these thoughts have been floating around my head for the last couple of hours, and I had to put them down somewhere. I know it's not strictly a shippy post, but this still seemed like the best place to put them!! Sorry for the little rant, sorry for the OT, and thank you very very much if you have actually read it!!! :o

gwenhwyfar
August 27th, 2005, 03:47 PM

Ok, I feel dumb for not seeing that! Thanks. Now if only I could order off amazon.com. Or anywhere online. "sigh"

Cathain Nottingham
August 27th, 2005, 04:02 PM
Okay ladies! Two new S/J fluffy romance fics up! Both short little things but still S/J!

Not Just A Woman
http://www.gateworld.net/fanfic/archive/39/notjust.html

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2554586/1/

In My Dreams
http://www.gateworld.net/fanfic/archive/39/inmy.html

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2554587/1/

shelsfc
August 27th, 2005, 04:17 PM
On a more positive note than my last post :o I just thought I'd share this before I went to bed - it's one of my first attempts at using a new program on my computer. This is my sig on SG Intel, but this is the bigger version!

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b194/shelsfcfan/jacksamcollage4.jpg

Night night shippers!!!! :)

UhSir
August 27th, 2005, 04:25 PM
http://img368.imageshack.us/img368/292/215wf.jpg (one of my favorites)

That's the scene when I thought, "Wow, she's gorgeous!" I've always thought Amanda Tapping is beautiful, but she's shining here.

Cathain Nottingham
August 27th, 2005, 04:30 PM
One thing I have to comment about last nights ep, it was so cute to see Amanda with a little pouch to her tummy! You could see it in her BDUs and her dress blues. I thought it was adorable.

GoneShippin'
August 27th, 2005, 04:47 PM
Okay ladies! Two new S/J fluffy romance fics up! Both short little things but still S/J!

Not Just A Woman
http://www.gateworld.net/fanfic/archive/39/notjust.html

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2554586/1/

In My Dreams
http://www.gateworld.net/fanfic/archive/39/inmy.html

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2554587/1/

Hey Cathain,
read 'em both --- really liked In My Dreams... guess I'm just in that kind of mood...YESSSS!!!!

Di

Cathain Nottingham
August 27th, 2005, 05:14 PM
Hey Cathain,
read 'em both --- really liked In My Dreams... guess I'm just in that kind of mood...YESSSS!!!!

Di

Well I'm glad you enjoyed :D

ses110
August 27th, 2005, 05:51 PM
I need more as well.I really think we will get more.We may have to wait a little bit longer but I really think TPTB have no choice to follow up on last night Shippy comments.I cannot say I'am shocked but is anyone else a little surprised there are some who are not convinced that Sam meant she was seeing Jack?My opinion is biased since I'am a Shipper but even if I was not I would admit it looks like Sam meant Jack.I guess after watching Sam and Jack for so long I cannot image why some still cannot accept Sam and Jack are meant to be together.I'am just surprised that with RDA not even on the Show anymore there are still some who are upset by the Ship.I just do not get it and never will.

nell
August 27th, 2005, 06:01 PM
girlgater 500 POSTS!!!

SuSiE_SG1
August 27th, 2005, 06:43 PM
Happy Birthday To Amanda Tapping!!!

Buc252
August 27th, 2005, 06:58 PM
If there's any shipper online right now who saw Chimera and has AIM, could you please IM me at Buc252? I have a question (boycotted the episode) and I can't continue with the fic I'm writing until it's answered.

Thanks!!

Cathain Nottingham
August 27th, 2005, 06:59 PM
Happy Birthday To Amanda Tapping!!!

Well early birthday since its still Saturday here in the US but yes! Early birthday wishes to your first birthday as a Mom!

HailDorothy
August 27th, 2005, 07:07 PM
Well, Campers,

I know it's late, but after being in the middle of the California Mohoby (SP?) desert for a week, 104 degrees in the shade!! And visiting my daughter at 29 Palms Marine Base, which has more than 29 palm trees, (thank heavens) I figured I'd drop by and say HELLO!

Um, and even though I don't see her, I'm here to wave at BILLIE, who wrote me the sweetest letter asking where in the world I was.

So, what have I missed?

And darn, I forgot the codes for Spoilers??? Someone send them to me please?

Hugs,
HailDorothy aka HDorothy aka . . .Whatever

sueKay
August 27th, 2005, 07:36 PM
WELCOME BACK HAILDOROTHY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well...back from a good night out with shipper family member Mishy Mo (who says hi and power to the penguins). I'm now home and thoroughly drunk! :D I'm celebrating!!!!!!!!

I did have something to say to someone but I can't remember now...Night all!!!!!!

and

WELCOME BACK COOKIE MONSTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh that's it...box sets...Here's my price breakdown

S1 - Single Collectors volumes...3 eps per dvd...£60 all in so about $150 :eek:
S2 - region 1 bought online - £20 (about $40 ( a bargain here!))
S3 - £30
S4 - Second hand, all but one volume - £1O :D:D:D:D:D
S5 - £27
S6 - £30
£S7 - £48

So...all in all...£225

over $500!!!!!!!!!!! :eek: :eek:

Token
August 27th, 2005, 08:34 PM
Well, Campers,

I know it's late, but after being in the middle of the California Mohoby (SP?) desert for a week, 104 degrees in the shade!! And visiting my daughter at 29 Palms Marine Base, which has more than 29 palm trees, (thank heavens) I figured I'd drop by and say HELLO!

Um, and even though I don't see her, I'm here to wave at BILLIE, who wrote me the sweetest letter asking where in the world I was.

So, what have I missed?

And darn, I forgot the codes for Spoilers??? Someone send them to me please?

Hugs,
HailDorothy aka HDorothy aka . . .Whatever

Good to see you back!!! :D What have you missed??? You mean you could hear all the SQUEEEEEEEs in the desert?? :p

Here is one of many spoiler posts for ExDM:

http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost.php?p=4456845&postcount=11004

Enjoy!! :D

plague
August 27th, 2005, 08:54 PM
(((Billie)))

If you loved "Threads" checkout my fanfic at the below link:
http://members.optusnet.com.au/clev...h/page%201.html

Its called Words Get in the Way and its a missing scene fic from "Threads".

:) Enjoy

Hey gate_girl12! Getting a 404 Error (Page Not Found) in the link. Can you put it again with the working link.

Loved the last episode. So far the best in my opinion (major shipper)... Hope they take the story the way I think and not introducing some other guy as whom she was dating in R&D. Will really piss me off and enough to make me stop watching it and hate it. I was wondering on the show's way of storyline and now there is something to expect on upcoming episodes (to see some shipper scenes even if it is a one-way phone call ).

LOL4JACK
August 27th, 2005, 08:55 PM
Just booked a short trip to New York!! :D I've got friends who live in Dobbs Ferry and so I'm gonna stay with them which is great!
Have just checked out which episode will be on the week I'm across the pond and it's 'The Fourth Horseman'. Now the big question is do I watch it or not??? Taking into account that I haven't seen any of S9 yet. Oh the temptation!! :)

Billie, this is great news :p I'm always driving up to New York... if you have time we could probably meet up there with Trupi, she lives in NYC...

For the eps, don't worry, if you give me an address, I can send you a tape with all the eps :p so you can have your personal marathon.

PM with the details... squeeee....

Nell, regarding EDM, I can also make a copy for you in case your tape breaks from all the rewind :D

nell
August 27th, 2005, 09:12 PM
Billie, this is great news :p I'm always driving up to New York... if you have time we could probably meet up there with Trupi, she lives in NYC...

For the eps, don't worry, if you give me an address, I can send you a tape with all the eps :p so you can have your personal marathon.

PM with the details... squeeee....

Nell, regarding EDM, I can also make a copy for you in case your tape breaks from all the rewind :D

(((((LOL4JACK))))) As usual a generous friend to Shippers!! After I suggested to Billie that she tape the show, my husband said that our U.S. VHS tapes are different from U.K. and European VHS tapes. IOW, if Billie tapes the show in New York, the tape will not be compatible with her machine in England. That's what he told me!!!

BTW, I'm checking Amazon.com for lower rates of SG-1 Seasons. They sell new and used. I am wary of used DVDs. If/when I buy, it will be new. I am dyin' to see Season 7. I didn't tape until after Season 7 so I have nada!! I want to see the Heroes hug and the Grace kiss and the Lost City conversation, etc.

lostelf
August 27th, 2005, 09:15 PM
*pokes her nose in to see if anyone remembers her* :)

I can always tell when there's news afoot, by the sudden massive flurry of shipper posts all over the web. :D Hehe...

Miss you all!

-- lostelf

kiwigater
August 27th, 2005, 09:55 PM
HA! *huggles LE*

*morose* haven't seen the ep yet, so I'm not up on all the news. Altho I did just break my spoiler-free zone to read about EDM :D :D
I'm just at the point where subtle is my preference, I feel like I've been dragged thru the muck on this ship thing, and I can't ake any more :S Except the perfect happy ending of course! :D

Brandie
August 27th, 2005, 09:59 PM
"Not Exactly" has never sounded so promising...

SuSiE_SG1
August 27th, 2005, 10:00 PM
Well early birthday since its still Saturday here in the US but yes! Early birthday wishes to your first birthday as a Mom!

oh well its already Sunday here in AUS so an Early Happy Birthday to her LOL :)

tsaxlady
August 27th, 2005, 10:05 PM
(((((LOL4JACK))))) As usual a generous friend to Shippers!! After I suggested to Billie that she tape the show, my husband said that our U.S. VHS tapes are different from U.K. and European VHS tapes. IOW, if Billie tapes the show in New York, the tape will not be compatible with her machine in England. That's what he told me!!!

BTW, I'm checking Amazon.com for lower rates of SG-1 Seasons. They sell new and used. I am wary of used DVDs. If/when I buy, it will be new. I am dyin' to see Season 7. I didn't tape until after Season 7 so I have nada!! I want to see the Heroes hug and the Grace kiss and the Lost City conversation, etc.

If you have a COSTCO in your area check there - I saw the box sets on sale for $30.00 as season resently.

Shipaholic
August 27th, 2005, 10:22 PM
If you have a COSTCO in your area check there - I saw the box sets on sale for $30.00 as season resently.

That's where I got mine, they only had the first 5 seasons though.

gatebee
August 27th, 2005, 10:38 PM
SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

Sorry :D I just saw the episode !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhh!

I need more! I need more! I need more! I need more! I more! I need more! I need more! I need more! I need more!

*stops to breath* *hyperventilates*

It better mean what we think it means though... I can totally imagine TPTB pulling a mean trick on us later...

*faints*
breathe .... calm down before you loose your breathe. I am sure Sam and Jack wouldn't want that to happen to you

Cheveron7Locked
August 27th, 2005, 11:23 PM
Well, it's 1:30 here where I live on the 28th so it's officially Amanda Tapping b-day day! hehe!

:D HAPPY BIRTHDAY AMANDA! :D

Cheyenne
August 27th, 2005, 11:55 PM
OMG!!! i only just read about the whole "not exactly" thing and i was shocked.... i went SQUUUEEEEEE.... jumping up and down and got on the phone to my friend andd told her about it and we screamed together....i havent seen the ep yet as i am in australia, bnut i should within the next couple of days

majorsal
August 28th, 2005, 12:23 AM
it's so wonderful to see everyone so happy! :D

and boy, do we have something to celebrate! :D

*takes moment to squee*

*takes another moment to SQUEE*

*takes just one more moment to SQUEEEEEEEEE *

sally :D :D

gate_girl12
August 28th, 2005, 01:19 AM
OMG!!! i only just read about the whole "not exactly" thing and i was shocked.... i went SQUUUEEEEEE.... jumping up and down and got on the phone to my friend andd told her about it and we screamed together....i havent seen the ep yet as i am in australia, bnut i should within the next couple of days

Omg, I love your sig. Where in the world did you get that fantastic pic???

pittsburghgirl
August 28th, 2005, 01:24 AM
sam's club in austin was selling the first 5 seasons I believe for 29.99 each. might wanna check out sam's as well.

michelleb
August 28th, 2005, 01:57 AM
I haven't seen Ex Deus Machina yet, but i've heard sam told the luscious agent barrett that she 'wasn't really single'. and the specualtion is she meant she was with jack but of course couldn't really say anything? is this true? well, the line anyway.

gate_girl12
August 28th, 2005, 02:24 AM
sorry about the broken link guys, it is fixed and should be working properly now.

Here we go again:

http://members.optusnet.com.au/clevelan/Destinys labyrinth/fanfiction.html

or alternatively just click on the link in my sig.

enjoy

gate_girl12
August 28th, 2005, 02:33 AM
oops forgot to add that the above link is for my new fic "Words get in the way", a missing scene from Threads after Sam visits Jack's house. Thanks again to Oma for beta-ing. :)

kiwigater
August 28th, 2005, 03:36 AM
I haven't seen Ex Deus Machina yet, but i've heard sam told the luscious agent barrett that she 'wasn't really single'. and the specualtion is she meant she was with jack but of course couldn't really say anything? is this true? well, the line anyway.
I believe the shippery sqeeing indicates that the above is true.... :D Haven't personally seen the ep so I can't testify to its accuracy, but I'm fairly sure that's how things happen. Not exactly and out and out relationship, but I can live with this :D

josephine-paris
August 28th, 2005, 04:16 AM
:)

[[HAPPY BIRTHDAY AMANDA !!

:D :p

elhSG1
August 28th, 2005, 04:36 AM

I saw the ep twice and I'd be willing to bet my entire Stargate Seasons 1-7 DVD collection that it is true. And that's something I wouldn't part with easily. :)

Sir Ruff
August 28th, 2005, 04:52 AM
I can confirm :p It's real alright.. but i bet Pete 2 will show up soon and she was just talking about him, How's that for misleading :D

michelleb
August 28th, 2005, 06:13 AM
Well, I'm going to take it very very hopefully!!! And definitely squee if i ever get round to seeing it. What a moment!!! I can almost see the chorus line of dancing penguins getting ready to come on....

michelleb
August 28th, 2005, 07:55 AM
Okay, I saw it and I squeed!!! the way she said it ..first saying that she was defintiely not speaking about pete, and saying breaking up was best for her and pete....it sounded like sam and jack weren't compleely together just yet, but were moving towards it...close friends but not quite crossed the boundaries yet...but knowing that they will end up with each other. or at least sam knows that jack is the guy for her, and she's almost with him. so hopefully that means we'll still get to see the 'i love you' moment and the first kiss...which is always been the moment i really really want to see.

and i do feel sorry for agent barrett. he's been hopeful and faithful and gorgeous all these years ,and he never gets his girl. of course, he can't ever get sam...but i'd be happy to help him get over his disappointment! :D

gate_girl12
August 28th, 2005, 08:26 AM
I have yet to see EDM but I am very hopeful that it is Jack. 1. Why go through all the trouble of clarifying in Threads that they loved each other, and have them both either get dumped or dump someone else ONLY to have either of them start a relationship with someone else. It's illogical.!!!

So thus it is the most natural and logic conclusion that she was referring to Jack!

ses110
August 28th, 2005, 08:43 AM
There's no doubt it's Jack.Jack and Sam are either already in a relationship or made Plans to be in a relationship.I would be beyond shocked if TPTB bring in anymore Pete's or Kerry's.Whether you like the Sam and Jack Ship or not you have to accept the fact that when RDA is on the Show you may see some Sam and Jack Ship.RDA is not on the Show that much so the Sam and Jack Ship taking over the Show excuse does not Fly anymore.If you do not want to watch the Sam and Jack Ship change the channel.I was not Happy with the Daniel and Vala Show and I decided not to watch one of the episodes.

BrenRen
August 28th, 2005, 08:56 AM
There's no doubt it's Jack.Jack and Sam are either already in a relationship or made Plans to be in a relationship.I would be beyond shocked if TPTB bring in anymore Pete's or Kerry's.Whether you like the Sam and Jack Ship or not you have to accept the fact that when RDA is on the Show you may see some Sam and Jack Ship.RDA is not on the Show that much so the Sam and Jack Ship taking over the Show excuse does not Fly anymore.If you do not want to watch the Sam and Jack Ship change the channel.I was not Happy with the Daniel and Vala Show and I decided not to watch one of the episodes.

That's basically what i've done..

I confess, I'm immature, juvenile, and pathetically addicted to the Sam & Jack show... and since it ain't that anymore... My interest is fading fast...

But I still love Sam & Jack so very much, I'm still very devoted to the ship, and I'm still plugging away in fanfic... Fixing the Sam & Jack Ship, returning to the heart of the Ship and repairing the damage TIIC did during the final year and a half of their story. For me, It's ALL About Sam & Jack!

And what really bugs me now... EDM This conitnual allusion to the idea that they aren't quite really together, even NOW. It's unreal. It's inhuman. And it's not what two red-blooded passionate people like Sam & Jack would do, Regs or no Regs. Military discipline aside, they've even got Jacob's blessing! And as I've said before (ad nauseum, I'm sure!), it's TV, give 'em Presidential permission, FCOL, and let them get it on! <Sigh> I guess that is what fic is for!

smea
August 28th, 2005, 09:00 AM
Ooo… *first post*

Well, I just want to say how glad I am that I have found this place. I never knew the Stargate fan base was so large, or included as many great people! I’ve been reading posts for a few days now, and its taken me a little while to pluck up the courage and post *blushes*

But anyway… lol.
I am praying SO HARD that there is going to be some sort of progression in regard to S/J …even without RDA L
In the beginning, TPTB must have had some idea that they wanted the Sam and Jack story to last a while, and be of some interest; otherwise they wouldn’t have started the story. I’m sure the assumed that the fan base would take to the ship (either for or against) and I am SURE that they wouldn’t have started it, if they didn’t mean to end it – one way of the other. I hope that I can believe they would not be that cruel… :p

OHHH I really hope that what everyone has said about them being together, or planning to be, is true! I don’t know if my heart could stand any more waiting! :D

BrenRen
August 28th, 2005, 09:08 AM
Okay, I saw it and I squeed!!! the way she said it ..first saying that she was defintiely not speaking about pete, and saying breaking up was best for her and pete....it sounded like sam and jack weren't compleely together just yet, but were moving towards it...close friends but not quite crossed the boundaries yet...but knowing that they will end up with each other. or at least sam knows that jack is the guy for her, and she's almost with him. so hopefully that means we'll still get to see the 'i love you' moment and the first kiss...which is always been the moment i really really want to see.

and i do feel sorry for agent barrett. he's been hopeful and faithful and gorgeous all these years ,and he never gets his girl. of course, he can't ever get sam...but i'd be happy to help him get over his disappointment! :D

That's what I was talking about!

EDM & Threads/Moebius Not completely together yet my arse! Come on, you think they went *FISHING* but somehow never crossed their lines, never got all tangled up.... that Sam didn't catch the big one, didn't reel that bad boy in hook line and sinker... that they have come THIS far only to keep holding back? I don't think so. Not in my Shippy World, anyway!

gate_girl12
August 28th, 2005, 09:16 AM
Ooo… *first post*

Well, I just want to say how glad I am that I have found this place. I never knew the Stargate fan base was so large, or included as many great people! I’ve been reading posts for a few days now, and its taken me a little while to pluck up the courage and post *blushes*

Welcome to the Shipper Family Smea!!!

michelleb
August 28th, 2005, 09:17 AM
That's what I was talking about!

EDM & Threads/Moebius Not completely together yet my arse! Come on, you think they went *FISHING* but somehow never crossed their lines, never got all tangled up.... that Sam didn't catch the big one, didn't reel that bad boy in hook line and sinker... that they have come THIS far only to keep holding back? I don't think so. Not in my Shippy World, anyway!

Yes, but you see, this way, we get to see it. We get to see the actual 'I love you' moment, the second where they cross the line, that first real kiss between them. i want to see that, not hope it happened off screen. For nearly ten years I've been building up to the moment where they finally admit to each other that they love each other, take each other in their arms, and give us one of those amazing, electrical, breath-taking, sensual kisses they do so well. I don't want to imagine it in fanfic, or off screen, i want to see it. and that's what i hope they're building up to. if i don't see that moment, i'd feel cheated.

btw anyone notice kerry was mentioned in deus ex machina too? just quickly, by daniel. bit of an episode for revisiting old, dumped partners, wasn't it?

Silver
August 28th, 2005, 09:25 AM
Warning: for some reason, I'm in a bit of a moany mood, so this is a bit of a moany post, I'm sorry!!!!!

I was watching Serpent's Lair today, and it struck me how much they've all changed. It really was a completely different show back then. Although it's not particularly one of my favourite episodes, it shows so much of what attracted me to the show, and so much of the basic storylines that have been running through the series. Daniel & Jack's friendship, the comfortable relationship developing between S&J, the Jaffa struggle for freedom, the beginning of the war with the Goa'uld (in that order I have to admit!!)

This isn't a rant about how it's terrible that Stargate has changed so much, because I don't think it's a bad thing. I just think it's a pity that some of the concepts that the show was (IMHO) based on are gone now, and in some cases got no proper send off, no resolution. Especially D&J and S&J. I mean, when they knew RDA wasn't coming back, it would have been nice to have had a scene or two that said, 'yes, these relationships are still strong, and will continue even though we're not going to see them onscreen.' D&J's relationship seemed to have been forgotten about the last few years, and S&J...well, you know. Do we even know for sure that RDA is coming back for an ep? For all we know Sam's comment in EDM, fantastic as it was to hear, could be the last we ever hear of their relationship! I sincerely doubt it, and I even more sincerely hope not, but the possibility is there... it just seems unfair, to the characters, to the show, to the fans, to leave them the way they did.

To be perfectly honest, I'm not sure what my point is or that I even have one, but these thoughts have been floating around my head for the last couple of hours, and I had to put them down somewhere. I know it's not strictly a shippy post, but this still seemed like the best place to put them!! Sorry for the little rant, sorry for the OT, and thank you very very much if you have actually read it!!! :o

Never apologise for making posts... that's why we have forums, IMO, so everyone can contribute and share what's on their mind :)
I too think the characters and storylines have changed and sometimes I hate the thought of this but then I think, with the show having had this much success, it's inevitable. It was a different show back then, like you say, and I do miss the offworld travel, Jack being in SG-1, the funny, cocky Colonel O'Neill before he became General, the Jack-Daniel friendship which to me has been recognised less and less, the comfortable relationship between Sam and Jack. There is a limit to how many storylines TPTB can produce, especially seeing as though Earth has advanced and learned more, but I do get quite wistful sometimes when I think back to the older days of SG-1. In other words, you're not alone!

But I'm confident that RDA is coming back for "Crusade"... that's why they're being quiet but tantalising concerning "that character", why they're only hinting and not clarifying Sam and Jack... so fans wait and then watch. I doubt EDM is the last we hear of their relationship... why didn't they have Sam say "I'm going out with General O'Neill" instead of "not exactly" if they don't have any further plans for the couple? Because I think, by now, TPTB have learnt their lesson and want to resolute things once and for all; otherwise shippers would flip at another airy, "left-open-for-speculation" ending, and their job is to satisfy fans. Sam is the leading main female character. Her relationships are relevant. And as it's Jack, and TPTB additionally want to continue to include Jack in the Stargate universe, we'll surely be hearing more of the couple towards the end of season 9. :D :D :D

Sure, the possibility that they'll never mention it again is there......but then so is the possibility that at any given time Sam, Daniel, Teal'c and Mitchell will get blown up on another planet! :D :D

BrenRen
August 28th, 2005, 09:31 AM
More EDM (and everything leading up to it!) Totally missed the Kerry ref... Thank God... Although, that being said, I did like Kerry... Far more than :eek: anyway!

But, like you, I'd still love to see that moment of open acknowledgment and acceptance, but... It should have happened at the end of Grace... They never should have brought *Other's* in so late in the game. It just plain stunk. Like the rotting carcass of a Tauntaun on a hot day in Tattooine. Whoops, crossing my sci-fi metaphors... Oh well. Can't think of any equivalent in the Stargate Universe!

shipper hannah
August 28th, 2005, 09:39 AM
i agree with silver, i hope this isn't the last we hear of the s/j ship. we've seen or heard nothing definite...we haven't even had a proper frelling kiss between them! come on! it doesn't even have to be a very long one! a quick peck would do me! its least we can get after 9 frelling years!

shipper hannah
August 28th, 2005, 09:41 AM
More EDM (and everything leading up to it!) Totally missed the Kerry ref... Thank God... Although, that being said, I did like Kerry... Far more than :eek: anyway!

there was a kerry reference?! why didn't i hear of this? :eek:
what was it?!

shipper hannah
August 28th, 2005, 09:45 AM
WELCOME SMEA!
:D :D :D :D
always good to have a new shipper on the block

Silver
August 28th, 2005, 09:48 AM
Yes, but you see, this way, we get to see it. We get to see the actual 'I love you' moment, the second where they cross the line, that first real kiss between them. i want to see that, not hope it happened off screen. For nearly ten years I've been building up to the moment where they finally admit to each other that they love each other, take each other in their arms, and give us one of those amazing, electrical, breath-taking, sensual kisses they do so well. I don't want to imagine it in fanfic, or off screen, i want to see it. and that's what i hope they're building up to. if i don't see that moment, i'd feel cheated.

btw anyone notice kerry was mentioned in deus ex machina too? just quickly, by daniel. bit of an episode for revisiting old, dumped partners, wasn't it?

I share your feelings... I'd love to see their declarations to each other, otherwise it would feel like we've missed the episode we've been looking forward to for several seasons! But unfortunately I don't think we're going to get that unless there are flashbacks in Crusade. On the other hand, it's so good to know they're FINALLY together! :)

gate_girl12
August 28th, 2005, 09:54 AM
OK you guys have to forgive me for venturing out into enemy territory (anti-s/j) but I had to do some recon. Apparently a few of them reckon Sam was referring to Jack as well in EDM :D :D :D Mwwwahaha, and so the ship spreads....

Ok, I'm off to bed.

Night all. Happy Shipper Dreams.

Silver
i agree with silver, i hope this isn't the last we hear of the s/j ship. we've seen or heard nothing definite...we haven't even had a proper frelling kiss between them! come on! it doesn't even have to be a very long one! a quick peck would do me! its least we can get after 9 frelling years!

Wow, maybe I'm just greedy when it comes to ship but for me it's.....bring on the long, deep, passionate and INTIMATE kiss! Arms all around each other! :p

ses110
I agree Bren.I feel with Pete and Kerry and the Deaths of Janet and Jacob, Sam and Jack would not let anything stand in there way.Some have mentioned even if the Regs are not an issue Sam and Jack would want to wait before starting a relationship.I really think at this point Sam and Jack do not even care if some People think Sam was promoted because her relationship with Jack.Sam and Jack have had plenty of examples about Life being too short.It would be a mistake to worry about what others think.I may be wrong but I do not think the Regs are in the way.Jack does not do Sam's evaulations any longer.I think Sam and Jack are either Married or Dating.I really feel if RDA is in the Season finale we will get a Kiss or an I Love You.I would be shocked if we get no Ship at all.I think Sam's comment to Barrett opens the Door to some real Life Sam and Jack Ship.

shipper hannah
August 28th, 2005, 09:57 AM
Wow, maybe I'm just greedy when it comes to ship but for me it's.....bring on the long, deep, passionate and INTIMATE kiss! Arms all around each other! :p

hey i'm good with that too! ;) i'll take anything i can get right now, as long as it's definite!

Silver
August 28th, 2005, 09:57 AM
OK you guys have to forgive me for venturing out into enemy territory (anti-s/j) but I had to do some recon. Apparently a few of them reckon Sam was referring to Jack as well in EDM :D :D :D Mwwwahaha, and so the ship spreads....

Ok, I'm off to bed.

Lol, I love poking my nose into the anti-ship thread. :p It'll be even better now we can think "I told you so"... The only thing is, I never get a stronger urge to argue than when I'm in that thread!

shipper hannah
August 28th, 2005, 10:01 AM
does anyone know what was said about kerry in ex deus machina? i'm just a little curious..very curious.. :o

shipper hannah
August 28th, 2005, 10:05 AM

Ok, I'm off to bed.

i like to do that too, just to see what they think.. hehee..

nighty night australia!

ses110
August 28th, 2005, 10:08 AM
Silver I agree 100%.I heard may People say they Hope Sam's comment to Barrett will be the end of the Ship.It's not the end it's just the beginning.The Sam and Jack Ship has been around from the Start and it will continue in some form until the end of the Show.Whether some like it or not SciFi is about relationships.Friendship and Romance.Matrix and Star Wars were great examples.IMO there is no way TPTB will end the Ship with Just Sam's comment to Barrett.IMO TPTB understand they have to give us something real regarding the Sam and Jack Ship.There's no other way.Were past the point of no return with the Sam and Jack Ship.It's too late to start over.

Somnium
August 28th, 2005, 10:10 AM
I just finished watching EDM Squuueeeee!! :D :D :D
What a great episode I have to say AT is looking fabulous. Just waned to share my thoughts on S9 ship I strongly belive that while they may not be together in the normal sense of a relationship (probably something to do with regs) they have promised them selves to one another some time in the future and that plans are in progress (which would explian the 'Not Exactly' statement). Otherwise as someone else has already mentioned what would have been the poin of the scenes in threads where they dumped/were dumped by there partners, and the 'Always' scene. So while the TPTB are probably dangling a carrot at the mo I am certain that something is definatley going to come of this, this season. So Squuuuuueeeeeeee again :D

BrenRen
August 28th, 2005, 10:18 AM
Lots of good points in here, so I'm gonna break this up to respond to each one seperately!

I agree Bren. I feel with Pete and Kerry and the Deaths of Janet and Jacob, Sam and Jack would not let anything stand in their way.

Big fat freaking WORD.
That hug in Heroes was so ALL SAM & JACK (oh, btw, I was brave and ventured into the Anti-shipper waters myself last nite, and apparently this was a big point of sufferage for them! Hee heeee!) that it's hard, if not impossible to believe that their personal issues wouldn't have reared up BIG TIME in the aftermath of Janet's death.

And Jacob... That's almost a seperate post! He gave them his blessing. He told Sam not to let the RULES stand in the way of her HAPPINESS. His last days on Earth, he was a man on a mission, and that mission, to my sheer delight, was Sam & Jack. And we may not have seen it (Boo Hiss), but with all the history between those two old war horses, I am certain they had their own moment to say the final farewells. And I have no doubt that Jacob made it clear to Jack that he (Jacob) expects him (Jack) to keep his (Jacob's) little girl safe AND happy.

[spoiler] Some have mentioned even if the Regs are not an issue Sam and Jack would want to wait before starting a relationship. I really think at this point Sam and Jack do not even care if some People think Sam was promoted because her relationship with Jack. Sam and Jack have had plenty of examples about Life being too short. It would be a mistake to worry about what others think. I may be wrong but I do not think the Regs are in the way. Jack does not do Sam's evaulations any longer.

Honestly, this couldn't have been much of an issue after Sam had saved the world the first time or six. She's earned her respect, and she has always come across as fairly confident of that. I think that's why we always see such a different level of confidence, or even a complete lack of it, in all the AU Sam's.

As for the examples of life being too short... In Meridian... way back before they totally botched up the Ship, wasn't it Sam that said to Daniel, "I don't know why we wait so long to tell the people that we love how we really feel," or something close to that (going from memory cos I'm too impatient to finish this to waste time digging up transcripts!)... Couldn't help thinking, then and every time I've seen or read it sense, HELLOOO! SAM!!!! ISN'T THERE SOMETHING YOU NEED TO GO DISCUSS WITH JACK???

I think Sam and Jack are either Married or Dating. I really feel if RDA is in the Season finale we will get a Kiss or an I Love You. I would be shocked if we get no Ship at all. I think Sam's comment to Barrett opens the Door to some real Life Sam and Jack Ship.

I'm hoping for BOTH. They owe us after the hell of the last eighteen months with Jack still on the show. Just my humble opinion, of course, but hey... In my Shippy World, that's all that counts! ;) :p

trupi
August 28th, 2005, 10:20 AM
Ooo… *first post*

But anyway… lol.
I am praying SO HARD that there is going to be some sort of progression in regard to S/J …even without RDA L
In the beginning, TPTB must have had some idea that they wanted the Sam and Jack story to last a while, and be of some interest; otherwise they wouldn’t have started the story. I’m sure the assumed that the fan base would take to the ship (either for or against) and I am SURE that they wouldn’t have started it, if they didn’t mean to end it – one way of the other. I hope that I can believe they would not be that cruel… :p

OHHH I really hope that what everyone has said about them being together, or planning to be, is true! I don’t know if my heart could stand any more waiting! :D
Welcome to the thread and don't be shy-post often! :)

Nikki
August 28th, 2005, 10:43 AM
I haven't posted here in ages and haven't read many of the posts, but just wanted to add my 2 cents worth in saying that i hope us shippers get what we want and see sam and jack happy together at the end of season 9. :)

I live in England so haven't seen any of season 9 yet, but do know the RDA isn't going to be in the majority of it and so unless TPTB imply a relationship off-screen, season 9 will not be a very shippy season, unlike the end of season 8 (which i loved by the way, as i'm sure many of you guys did.) :D

gwenhwyfar
August 28th, 2005, 11:09 AM

You're not greedy. I agree with you! We've waited 9 years! Reminds me of JAG. But at least Harm and Mac got to kiss before the last episode. Them, not AU or time loop. I say it's time for the passionate kiss!

WELCOME smea!

Cheyenne- Where DID you get that photo? All I can find are the group ones.

trupi
August 28th, 2005, 11:10 AM
Lots of good points in here, so I'm gonna break this up to respond to each one seperately!

Big fat freaking WORD.
That hug in Heroes was so ALL SAM & JACK (oh, btw, I was brave and ventured into the Anti-shipper waters myself last nite, and apparently this was a big point of sufferage for them! Hee heeee!) that it's hard, if not impossible to believe that their personal issues wouldn't have reared up BIG TIME in the aftermath of Janet's death.

And Jacob... That's almost a seperate post! He gave them his blessing. He told Sam not to let the RULES stand in the way of her HAPPINESS. His last days on Earth, he was a man on a mission, and that mission, to my sheer delight, was Sam & Jack. And we may not have seen it (Boo Hiss), but with all the history between those two old war horses, I am certain they had their own moment to say the final farewells. And I have no doubt that Jacob made it clear to Jack that he (Jacob) expects him (Jack) to keep his (Jacob's) little girl safe AND happy.

Honestly, this couldn't have been much of an issue after Sam had saved the world the first time or six. She's earned her respect, and she has always come across as fairly confident of that. I think that's why we always see such a different level of confidence, or even a complete lack of it, in all the AU Sam's.

As for the examples of life being too short... In Meridian... way back before they totally botched up the Ship, wasn't it Sam that said to Daniel, "I don't know why we wait so long to tell the people that we love how we really feel," or something close to that (going from memory cos I'm too impatient to finish this to waste time digging up transcripts!)... Couldn't help thinking, then and every time I've seen or read it sense, HELLOOO! SAM!!!! ISN'T THERE SOMETHING YOU NEED TO GO DISCUSS WITH JACK???

I'm hoping for BOTH. They owe us after the hell of the last eighteen months with Jack still on the show. Just my humble opinion, of course, but hey... In my Shippy World, that's all that counts! ;) :p
Why is this a problem? When a man and a woman who have put their lives on the line more times then anyone should, want to finally be together. Why would anyone say this is bad! The show and the character's integrity were never compromised. Jack even killed Sam to save the base from the "Entity" The only time I think Sam's character was compromised was in Chimera. A trained soldier, working for a top secret project would have shot Pete for investigating her, plus they would know when a guy is stalking them. The other thing I have a problem with is that "we" the shipper didn't imagine the ship. TPTB and the stars came up with it as a way of attract a certain group to the show. Just like they are trying to attract the Farscape group and the X-file group and the Star Trek group~~~~~~. My point is why is there a group trying to say we are crazy, that we are imaging things that don't exist, when we can pull episodes after episodes full of shippie scenes to prove our point. I think they throw rocks, while they live in glass houses. You get over it now!

Anakin
August 28th, 2005, 11:28 AM
... Okay, to go even further in our little shipper fantasy world:

- at the briefing after Baal's first "video conference" with the SGC, there's one shot of Sam putting down a telephone receiver... Who says she was not discussing this with a certain General at homeworld security?
- at the stake out, when they decide not to go after Ba'al... Sam is talking to "the general" on her cell phone. She has a talk with Barett, then concludes... "the general's consulting with the Pentagon to determine what our next move should be"... "the General" could also be the head of Homeworld security ;o)

Ah well... I've been so deprived of ship for the first eps of season 9 (that I *like*! Even though it's *not* SG-1 per se IMO), that my brain did flip-flaps for a good ten minutes there! ;o)

PS: on a side note, I *SO* missed Jack when Cameron gave them their patches!!!

ses110
August 28th, 2005, 11:34 AM
Trupi your right.We should be beyond the point there is any debate about about if there is Sam and Jack Ship.We all should accept by now that Sam and Jack will end up together it's just a matter of how TPTB show that on screen.IMO TPTB are not going to just drop the Sam and Jack Ship or bring in any other Pete's or Kerry's.I think the problem is there are some who never accepted the Sam character and do not like the realtionship between Sam and Jack because they feel it takes away from Jack and Daniel.They see the Daniel and Jack from the Movie and there was no Sam and they want the Jack and Daniel relationship from the Movie.Sam is viewed as a Threat.

Lord_Zipacna's_Lo'taur
August 28th, 2005, 11:37 AM
Don't mean to interrupt anything, but I'm curious. Instead of just being JS, does this pairing have an official NAME? Like, I don't know, Jam, or something? I would look at previous pages here, but there's like, a billion of them...

dipsofjazz
August 28th, 2005, 11:40 AM
*pokes her nose in to see if anyone remembers her* :)

I can always tell when there's news afoot, by the sudden massive flurry of shipper posts all over the web. :D Hehe...

Miss you all!

-- lostelf
((((((((((((((((LE)))))))))))))) Long time no see! I thought I was hallucinating when I saw your post :p Welcome back to the family.

sueKay
August 28th, 2005, 11:41 AM
Hello Shippers!!!!!!

WELCOME ANY NEWBIES I MAY HAVE MISSED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WELCOME BACK ANAKIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well...U survived my first drinking game without too much embarrassment (unless playing guitar (badly) and singing Disney love songs at the top of my voice counts!) and no hangover!!!!!!!!!

Anywho...

LONELY STAR - I can't respond to any PMs, but rest assured, I've got all your Sig Posts

ANAKIN - I've added your fanfic link to the shipper site http://shipperfamily.cjb.net go to fanfic links.

and THREE CHEERS for SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

dipsofjazz
August 28th, 2005, 11:42 AM
it's so wonderful to see everyone so happy! :D

and boy, do we have something to celebrate! :D

*takes moment to squee*

*takes another moment to SQUEE*

*takes just one more moment to SQUEEEEEEEEE *

sally :D :D
:D I'm going to squee along with you Sally, and all the other shippers. It's about time they gave us something. Now I want more!!! :D

smea
August 28th, 2005, 11:43 AM
Don't mean to interrupt anything, but I'm curious. Instead of just being JS, does this pairing have an official NAME? Like, I don't know, Jam, or something? I would look at previous pages here, but there's like, a billion of them...

oh.. im not sure, but it would be cool to have a *name* :p

and as for what someone before said.. i REALLY hope that TPTB actually show S/J get together, if that's where it's going to go.. *prays*
although i'd be happy knowing they're together...(at last)..i think id be a bit disappointed if i didnt see it :rolleyes:

but thats just me being fussy.. :D

sueKay
August 28th, 2005, 11:44 AM
((((((((((((((((((((LOSTELF)))))))))))))))))))))))))

Long time no see! :D

Good to have you back :D :D

Lord_Zipacna's_Lo'taur
August 28th, 2005, 11:48 AM
oh.. im not sure, but it would be cool to have a *name* :p

Yes, well... I vote for Jam!

BrenRen
August 28th, 2005, 11:51 AM

- at the briefing after Baal's first "video conference" with the SGC, there's one shot of Sam putting down a telephone receiver... Who says she was not discussing this with a certain General at homeworld security?
- at the stake out, when they decide not to go after Ba'al... Sam is talking to "the general" on her cell phone. She has a talk with Barett, then concludes... "the general's consulting with the Pentagon to determine what our next move should be"... "the General" could also be the head of Homeworld security ;o)

Ah well... I've been so deprived of ship for the first eps of season 9 (that I *like*! Even though it's *not* SG-1 per se IMO), that my brain did flip-flaps for a good ten minutes there! ;o)

Oh I Love it, Anakin! That is EXACTLY what I was thinking when I watched. EDM She was SO talking to Jack... That little hint of a smile, the bit of a blush, the fairly radiant glow *before* the Asgard beam engaged... I still say she and Jack have their own transporter!!!!

galaxy
August 28th, 2005, 11:52 AM

No, since the Sam/Jack pairing is the mother of all stargate-ships, it's simply called "the ship". :p

Lord_Zipacna's_Lo'taur
August 28th, 2005, 11:55 AM
No, since the Sam/Jack pairing is the mother of all stargate-ships, it's simply called "the ship". :p

Really? Hmm.... Being a Ba'am shipper myself, I never really paid attention to that before... Still voting for Jam, though...

Somnium
August 28th, 2005, 11:56 AM

Oooh Ooooh! I was soooo thinking the same thing squuuueeeee its not just me :D Whats the saying 'great minds think alike' :D

dipsofjazz
August 28th, 2005, 11:58 AM
:D Oh yes! We don't make it something silly by having stupid names...it is THE ship!!!

sueKay
August 28th, 2005, 12:06 PM
A name for our ship...

JAM SACK!!!!!

but with all the depravity here (or just in my mind) it has a filthy connotation

:eek:

Cathain Nottingham
August 28th, 2005, 12:11 PM
Morning everyone :D

I love all of the spoilers, I got to see the episode but not so much hear it (with the exception of a few very key scenes) I'm going to have to go back and watch for all of the little things now :D

Lord_Zipacna's_Lo'taur
August 28th, 2005, 12:18 PM
A name for our ship...

JAM SACK!!!!!

but with all the depravity here (or just in my mind) it has a filthy connotation

Noooo!! So wrong!! Yet so hilarious... :p

Still voting for Jam! Even though I'm the only one...

josephine-paris
August 28th, 2005, 12:22 PM
Hello Shippers!!!!!!

Well...U survived my first drinking game without too much embarrassment (unless playing guitar (badly) and singing Disney love songs at the top of my voice counts!) and no hangover!!!!!!!!!

Anywho...

LONELY STAR - I can't respond to any PMs, but rest assured, I've got all your Sig Posts

ANAKIN - I've added your fanfic link to the shipper site http://shipperfamily.cjb.net go to fanfic links.

I did not know that website, thank you for giving the link !!, It is really good :D : THE dream ---> a website dedicated to the shippers !! :p

cafine_us
August 28th, 2005, 12:35 PM
Hi.

does anyone know what was said about kerry in ex deus machina? i'm just a little curious..very curious.. :o

The Kerry comment wasn't anything major. Daniel mentioned to Landry that she had helped identify the Trust members in some pictures.

sueKay
August 28th, 2005, 12:36 PM
The site's a WIP so it's far from complete!!!!!!!!!

And while I've got the attention of folks...

http://www.stargate-intel.tk - The Alpha site when this forum goes down!

and

http://suekayonline.cjb.net - My creations

http://intelfanfiction.bravehost.com - My fanfiction archive also featuring Cathain and many others!!!!!!

josephine-paris
August 28th, 2005, 12:47 PM
The site's a WIP so it's far from complete!!!!!!!!!

And while I've got the attention of folks...

http://www.stargate-intel.tk - The Alpha site when this forum goes down!

and

http://suekayonline.cjb.net - My creations

http://intelfanfiction.bravehost.com - My fanfiction archive also featuring Cathain and many others!!!!!!

Thank you very much !!
:)

girlgater
August 28th, 2005, 01:07 PM
Helloooo shippers!

I am so happy I just about can't stand myself. This thread certainly has picked up with about 6 pages for me to go back and read since I was on yesterday afternoon. I'm still flying high from the other night. I'm anxious now for the next episode...perhaps we'll get to SQUEE again! :D :D

Anakin
August 28th, 2005, 01:10 PM
QUOTE=sueKay
Hello Shippers!!!!!!

Anywho...

ANAKIN - I've added your fanfic link to the shipper site http://shipperfamily.cjb.net (http://shipperfamily.cjb.net/) go to fanfic links.

Thanks (((SueKay))) ;)
I do lurk most of the time, but I *had* to post this! ;)

sueKay
August 28th, 2005, 01:15 PM
((((Anakin))))

You should post more!!!!!!! I don't get to see you and loads of others since I stopped visiting the thunk threads.

Anakin
August 28th, 2005, 01:19 PM
QUOTE=sueKay
((((Anakin))))

You should post more!!!!!!! I don't get to see you and loads of others since I stopped visiting the thunk threads.

Ahhh... Well... take a look at my siggie... :p What can I say? He's The Man!.... And regarding S/J ship... well... My thoughts are really unfit for this forum and have been for a very long time!! ;) :D

sueKay
August 28th, 2005, 01:28 PM
Yup...he's definitely The Man

I stopped visiting the thunk threads as I don't feel I can cotribute and well...I got ignored everytime I posted.

Freya
August 28th, 2005, 01:30 PM
OH MY GOD!! Just watched Ex Deus Machina (I live in Ireland so I had to download it) and I couldnt belive it when Sam said she wasnt single. That episode has made my day. I didnt think anything was gonna happen in this episode but as soon as I saw agent Barret I knew something was gonna be said. Well I just wanted to say how unbelievably HAPPY I am. I knew the forums would be buzzing. :D :D :D

sueKay
August 28th, 2005, 01:34 PM
Welcome Freya!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Freya
August 28th, 2005, 01:40 PM
Thanx Suekay :)

Im guessing every1's happy with EDM???? I know I sure am :)

Onlybluesocks
August 28th, 2005, 01:41 PM
I don't know if anyone mentioned it yet, but what got me to believe that Sam was talking about Jack was the music. Music makes a scene. I thought that the music was reminiscent of other Sam/Jack moments. I WAS THRILLED ! :)

SG1Atlantis
August 28th, 2005, 01:49 PM
OMG!! So happy with EDM! I'm new to Gateworld and am a major Sam/Jack Shipper. And I knew after that episode the forums were gona be busy. Sam had to be talking about Jack and i agree that the music pretty much confirmed that. Finally Sam and Jack together only took 9 years. :) now we just need some on-screen confirmation of that.

girlgater
August 28th, 2005, 01:49 PM
I don't know if anyone mentioned it yet, but what got me to believe that Sam was talking about Jack was the music. Music makes a scene. I thought that the music was reminiscent of other Sam/Jack moments. I WAS THRILLED ! :)

I know just what you mean. As soon as they cued the music...I knew that it was a special moment and something that we shippers should grab hold of and hang on to.

sueKay
August 28th, 2005, 01:59 PM
WELCOME ONLYBLUESOCKS AND SG1ATLANTIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The ship is getting moored in the narbour!!!!!!!!!!!

smea
August 28th, 2005, 02:06 PM

So they are together then? For sure!!

*screams*

Ohh... Im going to have to wait so long to see that episode...but it seems it'll be worth it..

still waiting for that kiss. I hope it happens...:rolleyes:...otherwise I'll have to be content with this :D

gatebee
August 28th, 2005, 02:15 PM
EDMI am 100% sure it is Jack Oneill is the reason that Sam Carter is the is not exactly single. If it wasn't Jack , Sam would have told Barrett the name of the person because it would not have matter to Barrett either way.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v205/FilBrit1/c10c76d1.jpg
pic fr myrth

girlgater
August 28th, 2005, 02:19 PM
EDMI am 100% sure it is Jack Oneill is the reason that Sam Carter is the is not exactly single. If it wasn't Jack , Sam would have told Barrett the name of the person because it would not have matter to Barrett either way.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v205/FilBrit1/c10c76d1.jpg
pic fr myrth

Absolutely. It has to be Jack; it just simply has to be Jack. The way she grinned and seemed to blush. It was one of the sweetest, shippiest (without Jack) moments ever.

gatebee
August 28th, 2005, 02:21 PM

So they are together then? For sure!!

*screams*

Ohh... Im going to have to wait so long to see that episode...but it seems it'll be worth it..

still waiting for that kiss. I hope it happens...:rolleyes:...otherwise I'll have to be content with this :D

http://bestsmileys.com/welcome/4.gif

SMEA

SC1Atlantis
Onlybluesocks

sueKay
August 28th, 2005, 02:23 PM
Welcome Smea!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Billie
August 28th, 2005, 02:27 PM
Hey all :)

and Hey to HailDorothy *waves back* Great to see you back amongst us! I’ve emailed you! Come back soon :)

(((LOL4JACK))) you are a love, thankyou so much for your very kind offer. I might just take you up on it as I’ve got a video that plays NTSC so it’s GAME ON for USA recorded sg1!! I’ll PM you about my NYC dates as it would be great to meet you!!

Thanks also to you nell (((nell))) for enquiring about the USA/UK video issue you are also a love!!

and gatebee, I am SO with you!! and big hugs for the pic I love that one of RDA and AT! :p

galaxy
August 28th, 2005, 03:02 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v205/FilBrit1/c10c76d1.jp
pic fr myrth

*sigh* That's one of my favorite pics! :)

I always thought how cute is was of the photographer to let them stand so close together....
I'm sure he was a shipper too! :D
(Okay, it would have looked stupid if Chris Judge had leaned his head on RDA's shoulder,
but you know what I mean :p )

And at the risk to sound overly girlish...I love AT's shoes on that pic!!! :rolleyes:

Cathain Nottingham
August 28th, 2005, 03:03 PM
*sigh* That's one of my favorite pics! :)

I always thought how cute is was of the photographer to let them stand so close together....
I'm sure he was a shipper too! :D
(Okay, it would have looked stupid if Chris Judd had leaned his head on RDA's shoulder,
but you know what I mean :p )

And at the risk to sound overly girlish...I love AT's shoes on that pic!!! :rolleyes:

Didn't Chris' then girlfriend do that shoot?

galaxy
August 28th, 2005, 03:08 PM
Didn't Chris' then girlfriend do that shoot?

Don't know.
But my version of the story is that he/she was a shipper.
Don't spoil it for me! ;) :D

Oma-1
August 28th, 2005, 03:11 PM
It's only taken me 2 HOURS to catch up - and I'm not complaining one little bit :D Reminds me of the Threads days *nostaligic sigh*

I am soooo impatient to see S9 now! I wanna see for myself *that* scene and hear *those* words :D I'm still spoiler-free for the Ba'al storyline, but who can stay spoiler-free for ship! It just doesn't happen in my little world :D I'm sat here with the goofiest grin on my face and my cheek muscles are aching like mad cos they've been in this position for 2 hours :p

http://bestsmileys.com/welcome/1.gif to all the newbies who've de-cloaked :D We love new additions to the family!

Which reminds me - I'll love it when we get irrefutable proof of Sam/Jack hitting the sack, or even bottling their own jam like any normal old married couple with lots of fruit trees in their back garden - but I'm with Galaxy and Dipsofjazz - S/J is simply "The Ship" :D

I've got so much to say (no surprise there), but right now, in the immortal words of Jack, I gotta pee!

Billie
August 28th, 2005, 03:12 PM
Well my friends, I'm afraid it time for me to bid you all goodnight, stay well and see you all tomorrow!
(((Shipper Family)))

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a57/pcbillie/Reckoning4.jpg
Psst Carter....I know Billie's going but there are other shippers hanging
around out there right?

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a57/pcbillie/zerohour2.jpg
Oh you bet Sir, we get shipper coverage 24/7!!

:) :) Sweet dreams one and all :) :)

Cathain Nottingham
August 28th, 2005, 03:23 PM
Don't know.
But my version of the story is that he/she was a shipper.
Don't spoil it for me! ;) :D

No spoils at all! You do know what that means if it was Chris' girlfriend...she's a shipper! And RDA and AT must have known the reason for the pic! So they promoted it! :D:D

*maybe I'm looking a little too into this...*

sg1rox
August 28th, 2005, 03:25 PM
OK... A couple of people might throw something at me (please be gentle)... ;) But in regards to EDM & the Agent Barrett convo...

I think the reason Sam said "Not exactly," to Agent Barrett's inquiry as to if she was single again, was defiantly in reference to Jack. But, if the were officially "together," wouldn't she have just said "No" & left it at that? She still wouldn't have been telling him who she was seeing. It'd still be a secret. But I think she said "not exactly" because they (Sam & Jack) are still "working on it," so to speak.

She'd told Barrett about taking the job at Area 51 because it gave her more flexible hours so she could be there for Cassie. She had mentioned what a tough time Cassie has had since Janet's death :( & that she was helping her through that. So, maybe, with the arrangements she would have had to make for Jacobs death :( , burial & all the other family commitments that go along with that (regarding her brother & all that), PLUS helping Cassie through her current crisis, Sam & Jack just haven't had a chance yet to sit down & hash things out...

But, I believe, :D they're working on it. I believe, in my shippy heart of hearts, they've been talking & making plans. They will be together &, hopefully, we'll get that MOMENT we've all been waiting for... A REAL confirmation of their feelings for one another & some long awaited smooching! LOL ;) What do you think???

sueKay
August 28th, 2005, 03:32 PM
WELCOME SG1ROX!!!!!!!!!!!

I agree with your last point...I think at present, they'll be taking it very slowly so as not to jeapordise their friendship.

I've got visions of an awkward, overdressed first date, before they decide they've had enough, get a take-out, go to the liquor store and head home for 'a night in front of the TV' which turns into so much more...

*suekay...mind out of the gutter...mind out of the gutter*

galaxy
August 28th, 2005, 03:34 PM
No spoils at all! You do know what that means if it was Chris' girlfriend...she's a shipper! And RDA and AT must have known the reason for the pic! So they promoted it! :D:D

*maybe I'm looking a little too into this...*

:D That's exactly how it happened!

(we shippers are so good in believing what we want to believe. ;) )

I say goodnight too! ((((shippers)))) :) :) :)

minigeek
August 28th, 2005, 03:45 PM
Hiya guys, just found this threat (thanks Oma-1). Nice place ya'll got here! ;)

Hey, didn't Joe say in his "Ask Joe" thread that if anyone wanted a hint of what was going on between Jack and Sam offscreen during season nine they should check out Deus Ex Machina? I remember reading that thread back in June, I think.

M.G.

gatebee
August 28th, 2005, 03:53 PM
nite Billie ... have shippy dreams
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v205/FilBrit1/1f27143a.jpg

Catysg1
August 28th, 2005, 03:59 PM
Hello shippers :D

Any GOOD news on Sam & Jack while I was gone ?!!!!!!!!!!!! ;)

Caty :)

sueKay
August 28th, 2005, 04:02 PM
((((((((((((((((((((CATY)))))))))))))))))))))))

HELL YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!

Oh that feels good!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

In Ex Deux de Machina...

Barratt: How's pete?
Sam: We broke up
Barrett: Really?
Sam: It was best for both of us
Barrett: So you're single?
Sam: Not exactly

Or something like that! :D

minigeek
August 28th, 2005, 04:04 PM
Yup, I found it! :p

Question 1: On behalf of the Sam/Jack shippers (wait, please keep reading! It's not that bad! ), will S9 provide any intentional hints as to the status of their relationship? I say "intentional" because we S/J shippers have the uncanny (annoying?) ability to find "ship" in almost anything.

- Maybe. Check out Ex Deux Machina.

Knew it was in there somewhere. So the truth emerges, huh? :D

M.G.

sueKay
August 28th, 2005, 04:13 PM
WELCOME MINIGEEK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thankies for doing some digging for us...much appreciated!!!!!! :D

ses110
August 28th, 2005, 04:19 PM
Indeed Caty.It's Full Steam ahead for the SS Sam and Jack Ship.There's no stopping the Ship now.The Breaks are gone.There's no turning back.Anyone not interested in the Ship please get out of the way.

sueKay
August 28th, 2005, 04:20 PM
Yup...the fact that JM's related this ep to S/J means...

IT HAS TO BE JACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

gatebee
August 28th, 2005, 04:21 PM
Yup, I found it! :p

Knew it was in there somewhere. So the truth emerges, huh? :D

M.G.
thank you ... I tried looking for it as well but could not find it. Again thank you for posting it.

ses110
August 28th, 2005, 04:21 PM
Thanks minigeek.That should answer any questions as to who Sam was talking about.That's the bottom line because JM said so.

sueKay
August 28th, 2005, 04:22 PM
Note...Working on a NEW FIC - Not Really......It'll be up within the hour :D

Catysg1
August 28th, 2005, 04:23 PM
(((((((((((((((((((Suekay))))))))) :)

It's OK then :) a little too subtle but I suppose better than nothing at all :S
So i reckon they are together but they didn't have the time to spend much time with each other because of Cassie and that's alright ..Hopefully Jack will come back for a little cameo soon !!!

Anyway I went to Cornwall and it is such a beautiful place . England is really a very well kept country , the countryside is very well looked after ..the trees and flowers are gorgeous :) Need to plan a trip to Scotland one day because I know it's very stunning too but first I must get prepared in the drop in temperature . Even Cornwall was a little chilly for me because I always go to the south of France :)

Do you know the Eden project ? A stunning place with Biodomes ( botanical)in a valley . I spent the day there and I was in cloud 9 . it's a great place to be ;) and a lot of famous stars go and do their concert there ...keane is there on the 1st of September and I saw Basement Jack and Lady Sovereign on rehearsal ..they were even walking and visiting the domes like anybody else . Will scan a pic of the place soon because it's fantastic to look at and the domes are huge :)

Sam and Jack forever :)

gatebee
August 28th, 2005, 04:23 PM
Hello shippers :D

Any GOOD news on Sam & Jack while I was gone ?!!!!!!!!!!!! ;)

Caty go to SI on the S9 thread under EX DEUS .... it is all there
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v205/FilBrit1/113des02.jpg
pic fr rda-forever or rdanderson site

Catysg1
August 28th, 2005, 04:28 PM
LOL SES :) I can see you are all happy and you're right if the ship is sailing ( even if we don't see it) hearing it is still better than nothing as long as we know we may not get much otherwise .

so Sail the ship sail , and let them be together :D

Catysg1
August 28th, 2005, 04:32 PM
Thank you ((((gatebee))))) ..I know now that "not exactly " are the 2 shippy words of deux Machina
I suppose it's alright now that I'm prepared for anything even nothing at all :D

Not sure when SG1 season 9 starts in the UK !!!! I'm not looking forward to watch the first few episodes though !!! :rolleyes:

ses110
August 28th, 2005, 04:34 PM
Caty I have no doubt we will soon not only hear the Ship we will see the Ship and knowone will be able to deny the Sam and Jack Ship any longer.

dipsofjazz
August 28th, 2005, 04:35 PM
Thank you ((((gatebee))))) ..I know now that "not exactly " are the 2 shippy words of deux Machina
I suppose it's alright now that I'm prepared for anything even nothing at all :D

Not sure when SG1 season 9 starts in the UK !!!! I'm not looking forward to watch the first few episodes though !!! :rolleyes:

:D Season 9 starts in the UK on Tuesday 18th October on Sky One, with Atlantis on the 19th.

sueKay
August 28th, 2005, 04:37 PM
Yup Caty - It has been more or less confirmed that RDA WILL appear in another episode!!!!!!

And as for Scottish Holidays...I recommend my area...And I'd happily be your tourguide if you decide to come and visit me!!!!!!!

gatebee
August 28th, 2005, 04:37 PM
Thanks minigeek.That should answer any questions as to who Sam was talking about.That's the bottom line because JM said so.
you are so right. There is no more guessing. It is true JM said so.

Catysg1
August 28th, 2005, 04:53 PM
Thank you (((Bev))) Should be easy to remember now ..Season 9 starts on my birthday :) ..I must remember that at least ..but I'm a bit anxious about watching the first few episodes . :S

(((Ses))) I'm very glad that that RDA did say that he will do a few cameos ...this is all he needs to do really but hopefully those cameos will be Sam related too and we will see them together a bit as a couple and not just talking like buddies at work !!! we had enough of that ..Now TPTB needs to step up to the plate and let the ship sail romantically and that will make my day :)

scjon
August 28th, 2005, 05:02 PM
Because I meant to say this 10 pages ago-or whenever my last post was

Thank you (((everyone who has posted spoilers for EDM)))

It's been great for those of us who won't see the ep for a while.

It would be really good to see some ship on screen this season and I really hope it happens. Still I firmly believe that they are together/working on being together.

Welcome to all the newest members of our ever expanding family

Catysg1
August 28th, 2005, 05:04 PM
((((Suekay))) :)

I 'm thinking about visiting the Lake district!!!! .I have heard so much about it :)
I'm only worried about the temperature because I find it hard to adjust to chilly places and although Cornwall was absolutely beautiful ( as beautiful as the south of France ) and the Atlantic is a fantastic sea to surf and just to look at from the beach with all the big waves :) it was a bit chilly and I 'm not used to it . So Caty now needs to have a few more holidays in the south UK ( The Isle of whight is on my list ) so that my skin and my body can adapt gently to even go up any further.

Anyway they said in the national newspapers that in England it will be scorching hot for the bank holiday week end and it will be hotter than the Med and so far the top tempetature was 24 degrees ..This is hardly scorching hot ..it's warm but hardly scorching ..Scorching is over 30 degrees for me . ;) It's supposed to be 26 where I live tomorrow so this is quite hot ...not scorching yet but coming to it .

Sam and Jack together and POWER TO RDA to come back for a cameo for Sam and Jack's sake :)

ses110
August 28th, 2005, 05:08 PM
Caty thenot exactly line seals the deal.There's no running from that line.If RDA is in the Season finale and with just the right amount of Sam and Jack Ship plus adventure the Season finale has the chance to be the best SG-1 episode ever.I'am thinking Lost City with a Sam and Jack Kiss and maybe an I Love You.

scjon
August 28th, 2005, 05:10 PM
Caty thenot exactly line seals the deal.There's no running from that line.If RDA is in the Season finale and with just the right amount of Sam and Jack Ship plus adventure the Season finale has the chance to be the best SG-1 episode ever.I'am thinking Lost City with a Sam and Jack Kiss and maybe an I Love You.
ses. Sounds very good to me.

sueKay
August 28th, 2005, 05:24 PM
Caty - The Lake District's not in Scotland! And I've only ever passed through it a few times on my way to Dover. Come 150 miles north and say hi!

sueKay
August 28th, 2005, 05:26 PM
Some randomness...:eek:I...see...SHIPS!!!!!!!!:eek:...:D

Catysg1
August 28th, 2005, 05:29 PM
(((((SES)))) It's great .you seem very optimistic all of a sudden ..and I'm happy for you but I think I 'm still gonna not trust TPTB until the very last episode and they I think will still leave the end kind of subtle ..This is not what I want to see of course because toying with the shipper fans is horrible but TPTB SG1 can only do subtle regarding the Sam and Jack ship .I'm not sure they will committ Sam and Jack to an "I love you" .If we are lucky we may get a real big kiss for a nice send off to the Sam and Jack ship and I hope they go with that ..otherwise what was the point of all those shippy episodes in season 7 and 8 and the point for Sam to break up with potatoe !!!So I'm still thinking that Sam and Jack have even now decided to be together but what will we see !!!! is another matter !! :S . I', d love to see them a bit as a couple for the dedicated fans who loved their ship ..it will be just great and I hope it will happen . ..but I 'm a bit anxious to just see them as buddies walking down the Stargate ramps to go home together but no touching on screen ...Still , There is always hope :)

sueKay
August 28th, 2005, 05:35 PM
Suekay presents Not Really... (http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2556300/1/) - No spoilers as such...reviews MORE than welcome :D

SG1Poz
August 28th, 2005, 05:39 PM
(((((SES)))) It's great .you seem very optimistic all of a sudden ..and I'm happy for you but I think I 'm still gonna not trust TPTB until the very last episode and they I think will still leave the end kind of subtle ..This is not what I want to see of course because toying with the shipper fans is horrible but TPTB SG1 can only do subtle regarding the Sam and Jack ship .I'm not sure they will committ Sam and Jack to an "I love you" .If we are lucky we may get a real big kiss for a nice send off to the Sam and Jack ship and I hope they go with that ..otherwise what was the point of all those shippy episodes in season 7 and 8 and the point for Sam to break up with potatoe !!!So I'm still thinking that Sam and Jack have even now decided to be together but what will we see !!!! is another matter !! :S . I', d love to see them a bit as a couple for the dedicated fans who loved their ship ..it will be just great and I hope it will happen . ..but I 'm a bit anxious to just see them as buddies walking down the Stargate ramps to go home together but no touching on screen ...Still , There is always hope :)

Again, I'm there with you Caty.

blueiris
August 28th, 2005, 05:46 PM
Popping in to give all the shippers (((((((hugs))))))!

Watched EX DEUS MACHINA and have to say that I've fallen into the trap. I have hope again!!! Two little words, but I truly believe that were given to us, the shippers, as a good sign and I accept them as such.

Happy shipping!

minigeek
August 28th, 2005, 05:55 PM
LOL This place is awesome!

I think I 'm still gonna not trust TPTB until the very last episode and they I think will still leave the end kind of subtle ..This is not what I want to see of course because toying with the shipper fans is horrible but TPTB SG1 can only do subtle regarding the Sam and Jack ship .I'm not sure they will committ Sam and Jack to an "I love you"

OK, I knew I saw another Joe comment that could tackle this one, too. ;)

Regarding the Sam and Jack relationship storyline - is there any special resolution to this story that you personally would have wanted to see? After four years, I'm sure you've come up with or come across lots of possible solutions and I'm curious which one you think is the best.
- Its no secret that I'd like to see Jack and Sam together when all is said and done.

Lets just hope he gets to write that one, huh?

M.G.

girlgater
August 28th, 2005, 05:57 PM

Hi Caty:

As far as I'm concerned, S9 started with Beachhead. Up until then, the episodes just weren't up to the SG-1 standard. I'm keeping the shipper faith that we'll get more surprises and hints through the rest of the season. :)

Somnium
August 28th, 2005, 06:07 PM
((((((((((((Suekay)))))))))))))) Was gonna go to bed but then spotted your fic demanding to be read :D Its great you really hit the nail on the head. I can really imagine this happening between S&J its soooo cute. So now Im heading to bed with a shippy smile and a warm shippy glow ;)

Well back to RL and work tomorrow (how much does it suck to have to go back to work on a bank hol) Ive had a great week off and have actually been able to keep up with all the chat for a change.

oh and before I go a big warm welcome to all the new shippers joining us :D

gwenhwyfar
August 28th, 2005, 06:10 PM
"sigh" I just gave my rabbit a bath and now he is glaring at me. Let me tell you, it is REALLY creepy when a rabbit glares at you.

Welcome to all the new people!

Um, to the person who said they liked ATs shoes in that pic, I agree, they are really cute! My Mom always said tall people don't need to wear heels but I say if they're cute, I'm wearing them! (I'm five-seven. I know that is not that tall, but in a family where the average height for women is five-two to five-four, I'm tall.)

Catysg1- I love the signature! I am also a big fan of Lost.

Well I'm going to go give my rabbit a carrot. Maybe he'll stop glaring at me then. Probably not.

Gatetrixer
August 28th, 2005, 06:41 PM
I agree Bren.I feel with Pete and Kerry and the Deaths of Janet and Jacob, Sam and Jack would not let anything stand in there way.Some have mentioned even if the Regs are not an issue Sam and Jack would want to wait before starting a relationship.I really think at this point Sam and Jack do not even care if some People think Sam was promoted because her relationship with Jack.Sam and Jack have had plenty of examples about Life being too short.It would be a mistake to worry about what others think.I may be wrong but I do not think the Regs are in the way.Jack does not do Sam's evaulations any longer.I think Sam and Jack are either Married or Dating.I really feel if RDA is in the Season finale we will get a Kiss or an I Love You.I would be shocked if we get no Ship at all.I think Sam's comment to Barrett opens the Door to some real Life Sam and Jack Ship.

I think you're right (about the regs not being in the way), but someone in an S9 thread thought they would be because Homeworld Security heads SGC. And this may have been said before EDM. I say, give me (them?) a break, how far up would the regs go? Forever, up to the President? I think JM may have said , however, that the regs were a factor in Threads, and Threads would have been before Jack's promotion to Homeworld. But again, give me a break, they wanted us to think Jack and Sam were there together alone for a while otherwise they would have shown the whole team in the first scene. (Or they were doing their usual "lead the shippers on' thing--always a possibility. )

Gatetrixer
August 28th, 2005, 06:52 PM

I hope nothing like "Jam" ever rears its head. For some reason, the term "Samanda" for AT and her character Sam, feels like a fingernail on a blackboard to me.

Cathain Nottingham
August 28th, 2005, 07:01 PM
I hope nothing like "Jam" ever rears its head. For some reason, the term "Samanda" for AT and her character Sam, feels like a fingernail on a blackboard to me.

I think out of all of the pairings Sam and Jack need no nickname! They are just Sam and Jack!

AncientKnowledge
August 28th, 2005, 07:10 PM
Popping in to give all the shippers (((((((hugs))))))!

Watched EX DEUS MACHINA and have to say that I've fallen into the trap. I have hope again!!! Two little words, but I truly believe that were given to us, the shippers, as a good sign and I accept them as such.

Happy shipping!

((blueiris))!!!! :D I heard those words and all I could yell was SCORE! :D I'm so happy its a sign!!!Whoo hoo!!!! :p

BrenRen
August 28th, 2005, 07:27 PM
I think out of all of the pairings Sam and Jack need no nickname! They are just Sam and Jack!
Except when you're dyslexic, then they're Sack and Jam... no offence to dyslexics, I'm one! Dyslexics Untie!

I whole heartedly agree, no nicknames, save THE SHIP. They simply are.

Cathain Nottingham
August 28th, 2005, 07:34 PM
Except when you're dyslexic, then they're Sack and Jam... no offence to dyslexics, I'm one! Dyslexics Untie!

I whole heartedly agree, no nicknames, save THE SHIP. They simply are.

Yep! (And I agree about the dyslexics I happen to be one when it comes to numbers)

Sam and Jack invented SG ship. They are just Sam and Jack :D

mad_gater
August 28th, 2005, 07:38 PM
wow GW is back and right on time at that.....Sam is with Jack. There is not more guessing. "Not excatly". Two words well spoken and means the world to us shippers.
WOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GOTTA LOVE IT!!!!!!! :D:D

*dances Irish jig....or attempts to anyway* :P:D

nell
August 28th, 2005, 07:39 PM
I just saw this on SciFi's site. Remember the chance to vote for six of your favorite episodes? Well, it looks like this is the line up for Friday Eastern Standard Time.

May I say.....SQUEEEEEEEEEE?!!!!!! :D :p :) :D :p :) These have action/adventure/angst/Ship!!! And important Ship I might add!!

Friday, September 2 Viewer's Choice Marathon -Six episodes chosen by fans!!!

8:00 PM STARGATE SG-1 (SEASON 7) LOST CITY - PT 1
09:00 PM STARGATE SG-1 (SEASON 7) LOST CITY - PT 2
10:00 PM STARGATE SG-1 (SEASONS 4) WINDOW OF OPPORTUNITY
11:00 PM STARGATE SG-1 (SEASONS 2) A MATTER OF TIME
12:00 AM STARGATE SG-1 (SEASONS 2) 1969
01:00 AM STARGATE SG-1 (SEASONS 4) 2010

LOL4JACK
August 28th, 2005, 07:49 PM
WOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GOTTA LOVE IT!!!!!!! :D:D

*dances Irish jig....or attempts to anyway* :P:D
Joins MG with a Squeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/36/36_15_29.gif

mad_gater
August 28th, 2005, 07:49 PM
Our Ship is on course!
Our Ship is on the horizon!!!! The U.S.S. RST is heading for port!!!

Ex Deus Machina You do realize that once Sam replied to Barrett's question about being single, "Not exactly," it means:

SHE IS TALKING ABOUT JACK!!!

SHE IS TALKING ABOUT JACK IN REAL TIME NOT AN ALTERNATE UNIVERSE
NOT A CONCUSSION-INDUCED DELIRIUM NOT A DREAM!!!!

SQUEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Yup....I see her (the RST).....she's al docked up and is unloading her guests for the big party.....sensors have picked up the "Beliskner II" ready to drop off Thor and all the other Asgard shippers.....don't know what it is with their yellow nutrition thingies, but impress upon them the need for them to stay away from the yellow shipper cookies....we don't need any intergalactic incidents....:P:D

Cheveron7Locked
August 28th, 2005, 07:57 PM
Yep! (And I agree about the dyslexics I happen to be one when it comes to numbers)

Sam and Jack invented SG ship. They are just Sam and Jack :D

I agree, Ships wouldn't even be an idea if it weren't for Sam & Jack and I couldn't imagine calling the ship anything but just Sam & Jack.

SQUEEE! I just can't get the "Not Exactally" off my mind. As much as I want Sam & Jack to happen I don't want them to happen offscreen. I would be so mad if we can't watch their relationship grow, and all we could do was hear about it. I would really feel pretty upset about the idea that after eight years of waiting we get screwed by not being able to see it finally happen.

Ok sorry, felt like ranting a bit! SQUEEE or Sam & Jack! :D

mad_gater
August 28th, 2005, 07:57 PM
I screamed so loud I think my neighbor's two blocks over heard me! How cool, huh?
LOL...and all the churches in shippertown are ringing their bells in celebration, chanting whatever "we have ship" is in liturgical latin....:P:D

mad_gater
August 28th, 2005, 08:00 PM
Welcome Major Taylor.... my "Not Exactly" moment was with the "Always" moments...

Squeeeeeee!!!!!!!
Better be careful....we might put a crack in Earth's crust with all this squeeing!! :P:D

BrenRen
August 28th, 2005, 08:14 PM
LOL...and all the churches in shippertown are ringing their bells in celebration, chanting whatever "we have ship" is in liturgical latin....:P:D
Semper Ubi Sub Ubi!!!!

LOL

Sorry, it's the only Latin I know!

mad_gater
August 28th, 2005, 08:32 PM
WELCOME Cheveron7Locked!

Ok, I have a question for everyone. I have been watching a Korean drama called Jewel in the Palace. There are two characters, Jang-Geum and Sir Min who are in love but can't be together. Now, in one episode Sir Min defied the King's order and went into a plague infested village to save Jang-Geum.

Do you think Jack would do the same if he and Sam were in the same situation? Would he defy Hammond's orders?
WELCOME C7L!!!!!!

And Jack would SO go through hell if need be to rescue Sam, even if it was against orders.

mad_gater
August 28th, 2005, 08:46 PM
Thanks CN!! He is so like his name sake. He's devilishly handsome, hilariously funny, full of energy and has that same 'what the heck's she talking about' look!! Hee hee!! :p

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a57/pcbillie/allegiance8.jpg
Such a cute little kitten!!!! Awesome taste in TV too!! :P:D

trupi
August 28th, 2005, 09:46 PM
My kids said that we need to be kind to the anti-shippers tonight because they might be right that Sam is dating someone else besides Jack--So here's a list that my kids came up with:
Ba'al
Thor
Joe
Walter
Siler
Pierre Bernard
Homer Simpson
Mad_Gator
Whatever makes your dreams come true and makes you happy~~~~~~~~~~~
Jack~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ :D
Went to the Anti-shippers thread to watch them make sense of the two words we will love always-and I realized I left one name off my list of people, Sam could have possibly been talking about. So to make the others happy, I'm adding it "Rodney". How could I have forgotten Rodney! What about General Lawdry, while we are at it!

mad_gater
August 28th, 2005, 09:47 PM
Semper Ubi Sub Ubi!!!!

LOL

Sorry, it's the only Latin I know!
or I was thinking it would sound something like "Habbemus shippum" :P:D

mad_gater
August 28th, 2005, 09:50 PM
Went to the Anti-shippers thread to watch them make sense of the two words we will love always-and I realized I left one name off my list of people, Sam could have possibly been talking about. So to make the others happy, I'm adding it "Rodney". How could I have forgotten Rodney! What about General Lawdry, while we are at it!
Don't I wish sam was dating me...;):P:D

I think Jack would have an issue with that....I particularly have no desire to give him an excuse to make a tent peg outta me....:P:D

Karibou
August 28th, 2005, 09:53 PM
OOOOOOOOOOHHHHHH YEEEAAAAAAHHH, BAAAAAABBBBYYY!!

OK, so I didn't get a chance to watch this week's episode on Friday. And, honestly, when I sat down tonight and flipped on the DVR, I was pretty much "eh" about what I thought I'd be seeing. My husband (a casual watcher who's been sucked in by my obsessive possession of the TV on Friday nights) also sat down to watch -- and just didn't understand my reaction to THE LINE. When it happened, I squealed so suddenly, soda came out of my nose. My DH was like, "Huh? What did I miss?"

It's CANNON!! It's really, officially CANNON!!! Okay, so the anti-shippers will deny it, but I am SOOO convinced! I thought the "I have my reasons for taking this job" line in the first ep was just thrown in there to make idiot hopefuls like me (strung along for nine seasons!) take notice. And tonight, when Daniel mentioned Kerri Johnson, I felt my hackles rise, thinking, "Oh, please tell me they aren't going to do THAT again." But then, with those two, beautiful little words, I realized that the writers had actually, really OFFICIALLY done it!!

I sleep tonight a happy, giddy shipper. Life, my friends, is sooooo good!

gatebee
August 28th, 2005, 09:57 PM
Better be careful....we might put a crack in Earth's crust with all this squeeing!! :P:D

RLOL ... putting a crack on the earth crust with all our squeeing
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v205/FilBrit1/b17e1d60.jpg

Chrysalis
August 28th, 2005, 10:04 PM
Suekay presents Not Really... (http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2556300/1/) - No spoilers as such...reviews MORE than welcome :D

Nice story! Any more fic suggestions?

majorsal
August 28th, 2005, 11:14 PM
:D Oh yes! We don't make it something silly by having stupid names...it is THE ship!!!

i don't think the names are silly really (they're meant in fun), it's just that sam/jack doesn't need a gimmick or hook. we just 'are'. ;)

if this were some kind of vote, i'd pick to not give ourselves a nickname. we don't 'need' it.

sally :D

melpomene
August 29th, 2005, 01:40 AM
They're like Mulder and Scully. There's no cutesy pie nickname, no contraction, it just doesn't fit for me. Perhaps I take my ship a bit too seriously...but they are so...Jack and Sam. Sam and Jack. S/J. Anything else would be weird.

Myrth
August 29th, 2005, 02:22 AM
You know I've been idly pondering the situation with Sam & Jack, distance n what not and this is what I came up with:

Well, I figure Jack's now head of homeworld security, which puts him in charge of everything Stargate and offwordly related. Including the fleet of Deadalus class ships, Prometheus etc.. AND.. their Asgard beaming devices.

Who wants to lay the odds Jack swiped one because he could and had Sam install it somewhere useful :D

gate_girl12
August 29th, 2005, 03:35 AM
Hi shipper Family.

Wow, what a lot of posts to catch up on.

I think we should make JM our mascot after reading his answer regarding Sam and Jack ship in EDM.

Thanks for all the green and the great reviews peeps. Brightens my day :D

(((Caty)))

If you want some hot weather, come to Melbourne. Well..not at the moment because it's a tad windy :s But in the Summer our days can reach up to 39 Degrees.

By the way: Hope everyone in the New Orleans, Louisiana, and southern florida region are doing ok with the Hurricane. Keeps your heads down and your hopes high.

Cheers :D

Agent Scully
August 29th, 2005, 03:48 AM
i watched the episode too (9X07)

SPOILER

well, it was obvious, but i think that sam and jack are maybe together, maybe not in a love relationship, but they are very close.
That's cool ! but we need more !!! lol

gate_girl12
August 29th, 2005, 04:40 AM
hey guys,

new pic for you to celebrate the "not exactly":

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a138/gate_girl12/SJforever.jpg

Enjoy :D

galaxy
August 29th, 2005, 05:07 AM
"sigh" I just gave my rabbit a bath and now he is glaring at me...(...)

That's the craziest beginning of a post, I've ever seen on this thread...LOL :D

Welcome to all the new people!

Yes! WELCOME FROM ME TOO!!!!!!!!!
It's nice to see how our shipper family grows and grows and grows....and one day we'll take over the world! muhahahahahaha... :p

Um, to the person who said they liked ATs shoes in that pic, I agree, they are really cute! My Mom always said tall people don't need to wear heels but I say if they're cute, I'm wearing them! (I'm five-seven. I know that is not that tall, but in a family where the average height for women is five-two to five-four, I'm tall.)

That was me. I love high-heels!
I have lots of them.
The only problem is, most of them don't deserve to be called "shoes", they should be
called "instruments of torture" instead! :S
Everytime I have worn them a whole night and come back home with blisters and bleeding feet, I swear to never wear them again, but you know...they are so pretty. :rolleyes:

Catysg1- I love the signature! I am also a big fan of Lost.

I like Lost too. But I haven't seen season 2 yet and I really want to know what's wrong with this island.
But I think I remain spoiler free, at least for this show. :p

Well I'm going to go give my rabbit a carrot. Maybe he'll stop glaring at me then. Probably not.

And that was definitely the craziest end of a post, I've ever seen on this thread! :p

And to say something on topic: Sam and Jack are the cutest couple In TV-history! YAY!!! :D

galaxy
August 29th, 2005, 05:19 AM
I just saw this on SciFi's site. Remember the chance to vote for six of your favorite episodes? Well, it looks like this is the line up for Friday Eastern Standard Time.

May I say.....SQUEEEEEEEEEE?!!!!!! :D :p :) :D :p :) These have action/adventure/angst/Ship!!! And important Ship I might add!!

Woohooo!!!!
4 eps with ship out of 6...that's a good percentage!
And in these eps are not only little shippy moments, but a few of the most famous and wonderful ship scenes ever!
And again the shippers dominate..hehehehe :p

nell
August 29th, 2005, 05:20 AM
And to say something on topic: Sam and Jack are the cutest couple In TV-history! YAY!!! :D

Hi Galaxy!!!! Our show to love for Sam and Jack angst :S and ship :p is on this Friday night on SciFi's special, 6 favorite episodes, ***2010***. This time I'm taping it and keeping it. The cabin scene needs some serious play/rewind, play/rewind, play/rewind......you get the point!!! It needs my complete attention!! Hee, hee!! :D

shipper hannah
August 29th, 2005, 05:25 AM

that's a good choice of episodes...pretty shippy too.. i wish they'd do that over here
they did it once but we had to choose between red sky and the fifth man!

shipper hannah
August 29th, 2005, 05:28 AM
I like Lost too. But I haven't seen season 2 yet and I really want to know what's wrong with this island.
But I think I remain spoiler free, at least for this show. :p

me too! i've avoided all lost spoilers so far... a first for me! :D

nell
August 29th, 2005, 05:34 AM
Woohooo!!!!
4 eps with ship out of 6...that's a good percentage!
And in these eps are not only little shippy moments, but a few of the most famous and wonderful ship scenes ever!
And again the shippers dominate..hehehehe :p

I don't understand how A Matter of Time was chosen???!!! Although, it is tense and suspenseful. Jack was rather, ahem, heroic :cool: and physical :p in deploying the bomb towards the sucking, gaping black hole. It shed some light on Jack's past as a prisoner in Iraq. It shows that he can hold a grudge, big time!! But, he can forgive, too. As I recollect Jack yelled at Sam once. It was the harshest I remember Jack ever speaking to her with the exception of the Shades of Grey scene.

I was surprised that there weren't more episodes with ACTION/BLASTING/EXPLODING Goa'uld battles. Well, um, there is Lost City! I voted for that episode.

I liked 1969 but I was still surprised that was in the top 6, too. I think fans must like time altered episodes thus A Matter of Time, 1969, Window and 2010. Hey, I detect a theme!!! :D

shipper hannah
August 29th, 2005, 05:35 AM
I think we should make JM our mascot after reading his answer regarding Sam and Jack ship in EDM.

what was his answer? i cant seem to find anything in the ask joe thread. :rolleyes:

galaxy
August 29th, 2005, 05:47 AM

I would say it's "habemus relationem amoris", but though I'm pretty sure that "relatio" is a noun of third declension, I'm not sure if "amor" has to be in genitive here, so no guarantee!!! :S

Please correct me if I'm wrong, I suck in Latin grammar!!! LOL :p

gate_girl12
August 29th, 2005, 06:07 AM
what was his answer? i cant seem to find anything in the ask joe thread. :rolleyes:

A few pages back, someone quoted it:

A fan asked JM if there will be any shippy indications in Season 9 and he replied "Maybe. checkout EDM" or something to that effect.

galaxy
August 29th, 2005, 06:20 AM
Hi Galaxy!!!! Our show to love for Sam and Jack angst :S and ship :p is on this Friday night on SciFi's special, 6 favorite episodes, ***2010***. This time I'm taping it and keeping it. The cabin scene needs some serious play/rewind, play/rewind, play/rewind......you get the point!!! It needs my complete attention!! Hee, hee!! :D

Hi nell!! :D
I know! I voted too! (even though I can't watch them)

The cabin scene...*sigh*. Love the expressions on their faces.
Especially Jack's, when he comes around the corner and sees Sam.
He tries so hard to keep a neutral expression and to sound as if he doesn't care, but you can see all the anger, disappointment, frustration, pain, sorrow and LOVE he feels, when he looks at her!
If that's not an angsty scene, then I don't know what it is! :rolleyes:

smea
August 29th, 2005, 06:21 AM
Wow, everyday I come on here there are about 6 more pages for me to read…can keep up with it all lol…
Thank you for all the welcomes ♥

Tuesday 18th October?? That seems so far away :(
Oh well… I hope they continue with the subtleness, with hints here and there. Obviously I want it to end with a confirmation that they are together… but maybe if they do it slowly, and keep it similar to they have done in the past (by that I mean, not forcing it at us; we all know that S/J are not ones for saying how they actually feel ;) ), maybe… even the anti’s will want them to kiss in the end … :rolleyes:

BrenRen
August 29th, 2005, 06:54 AM
Hey Gang...

Droping in to say farewell... for a few days at least. Gonna be losing the net for a bit, so I won't be able to come and play for a while... :(

In the meantime, I've got a random stupid question... Is there anyone out there who could send me a clip of Jack's second appearance in season nine? I missed it, unfortunately, and haven't the time to hunt it down. I'd really really appreciate it, and I'll evensend you a Jack or Sam clone (your choice, of course) as thanks! If you've got it, PM me, or email me outside of GW at [email protected] Thanxs in advance!

Sam & Jack ARE Together, and nothin nobody says is gonna convince me otherwise!

(((((((SHIPPER FAMILY)))))))))))))

I'm gonna miss you guys!

Major Tyler
August 29th, 2005, 07:10 AM
i don't think the names are silly really (they're meant in fun), it's just that sam/jack doesn't need a gimmick or hook. we just 'are'. ;)

if this were some kind of vote, i'd pick to not give ourselves a nickname. we don't 'need' it.Seeing as though our options are "Jam" or "Sack" I think that's a wise choice. :P

galaxy
August 29th, 2005, 07:10 AM
Hey Gang...

Droping in to say farewell... for a few days at least. Gonna be losing the net for a bit, so I won't be able to come and play for a while... :(

In the meantime, I've got a random stupid question... Is there anyone out there who could send me a clip of Jack's second appearance in season nine? I missed it, unfortunately, and haven't the time to hunt it down. I'd really really appreciate it, and I'll evensend you a Jack or Sam clone (your choice, of course) as thanks! If you've got it, PM me, or email me outside of GW at [email protected] Thanxs in advance!

Sam & Jack ARE Together, and nothin nobody says is gonna convince me otherwise!

(((((((SHIPPER FAMILY)))))))))))))

I'm gonna miss you guys!

We'll miss you too!!!
Come back soon, BrenRen! :)

Sam_o_Neill
August 29th, 2005, 07:26 AM
Internet Cafe!!! :D:D I can't saty away for more than a few days :P
I heard about Hurricane Katrina and I really just wanted to pop in to see how everyone in the US is, I hope you are all ok!!((((((((((((((((HUgs)))))))))))))))))))))))

I can't wait to see Ex Deus Machina, Suekay has given me a little spoiler and it sounds good! :D:P

I've got to go now, Take care everyone

galaxy
August 29th, 2005, 07:49 AM
Internet Cafe!!! :D:D I can't saty away for more than a few days :P
I heard about Hurricane Katrina and I really just wanted to pop in to see how everyone in the US is, I hope you are all ok!!((((((((((((((((HUgs)))))))))))))))))))))))

I can't wait to see Ex Deus Machina, Suekay has given me a little spoiler and it sounds good! :D:P

I've got to go now, Take care everyone

(((((Sam o Neill)))))

Glad you could manage to pop in!

I also hope everyone is okay!

And for EDM: *squeeeeeeeeeeee* :D
The only word that fits.

galaxy
August 29th, 2005, 08:12 AM
that's a good choice of episodes...pretty shippy too.. i wish they'd do that over here
they did it once but we had to choose between red sky and the fifth man!

Wow, big selection! Boring or....more boring. :p

No, actually I like Red Sky! I think it's underrated...shipwise and in general!
Jack is hilarious in this episode!

I think it's so funny, when he talks to the Agard Council, but he just appears as a hologram to the asgard and it actually looks like he is talking to the wall.
Sam and Danny are standing behind him and Jack tries to convince the Asgard to help them and says: "...but we also saved your little grey butts from the Replicators, and now we want your help....."
It's so funny how Sam bows her head when he says that and the expression on Daniel's face...and he repeats: "little grey butts?" and Sam says: "Yeah..." So funny! :D

Plus, there is A LOT of cute Jack and Sam banter!!!

For example:

Daniel: Okay, what was that?

Jack: Carter?

Sam: I don't know, Sir. Margin of error in calculating planetary shift used to cause the rough ride, but we fixed it.

Jack: Carter!?! (poor Jack, he is so confused :p )

or this:

Jack: Carter? What just happened?

Sam: Some sort of shift in the light frequency.

Jack: Good. I thought I was having a stroke.

and later at the end of the ep, when the sun returns to normal:

Jack: (touching Sam's arm) Am I having a stroke? (Sam shakes her head)

hahahaha.. :D :D :D

and this scene:

Sam: Sir, I've been thinking.

Jack: I'd be SHOCKED if you EVER stopped, Carter!

or this:

Sam: Well, this is all very theoretical, Sir.

Jack: I have great confidence in you, Carter. Go on back to the SGC and ... confuse Hammond. (I like it how he emphasises that he has confidence in her. Sweet. :) )

and this:

Hammond: I thought the odds of success in this scenario was one in a million, Major?

Sam: Yes, Sir. But I now believe we can increase that chance to 1%.(Looks at Hammond, who looks at Jack)

Jack: It's your call, General. I only understand about 1% of what she says half the time anyway. (Sam smiles)

(if that's not the optimal basis for a marriage! LOL :p )

and the last one:

Sam: (lots of techno babble)........so that the MacClarean stops short of reaching the planet and actually ends up IN their sun.

Jack: I thought when something was IN a wormhole, it existed only as ... energy. That you needed another stargate to turn it back into solid matter.
(oooooooohhh!!!! LOL :p )

Sam: Actually, you absolutely correct, Sir!

Jack: (Seconds later, amazed) I AM?!?

Sam: Yes. (smiles) You see? It's the stargate on the other side that actually reintegrates the matter (Jack looks back at Hammond a HUGE grin on his face) into it's pre organized form. (Jack can't stop smiling) Without it the energy in the wormhole would not rematerialize in it's base form. Now, in the case of a person, that would be very bad, but in the case of an element, it shouldn't be a problem.

Jack: (still smiling) I was right!

Hahahaha He is so proud! :D
I think I have to watch that episode again. It's too funny!

girlgater
August 29th, 2005, 08:18 AM

I think it's so funny, when he talks to the Agard Council, but he just appears as a hologram to the asgard and it actually looks like he is talking to the wall.
Sam and Danny are standing behind him and Jack tries to convince the Asgard to help them and says: "...but we also saved your little grey butts from the Replicators, and now we want your help....."
It's so funny how Sam bows her head when he says that and the expression on Daniel's face...and he repeats: "little grey butts?" and Sam says: "Yeah..." So funny! :D

For example:

Sam: I don't know, Sir. Margin of error in calculating planetary shift used to cause the rough ride, but we fixed it.

or this:

and this scene:

or this:

Jack: I have great confidence in you, Carter. Go on back to the SGC and ... confuse Hammond. (I like it how he emphasises that he has confidence in her. Sweet. :) )

and this:

Hammond: I thought the odds of success in this scenario was one in a million, Major?

Sam: Yes, Sir. But I now believe we can increase that chance to 1%.(Looks at Hammond, who looks at Jack)

Jack: It's your call, General. I only understand about 1% of what she says half the time anyway. (Sam smiles)

and the last one:

Sam: (lots of techno babble)........so that the MacClarean stops short of reaching the planet and actually ends up IN their sun.

Jack: I thought when something was IN a wormhole, it existed only as ... energy. That you needed another stargate to turn it back into solid matter.

Sam: Yes. (smiles) You see? It's the stargate on the other side that actually reintegrates the matter (Jack looks back at Hammond a HUGE grin on his face) into it's pre organized form. (Jack can't stop smiling) Without it the energy in the wormhole would not rematerialize in it's base form. Now, in the case of a person, that would be very bad, but in the case of an element, it shouldn't be a problem.

I'm drawing a complete blank on Red Sky. Obviousely I need to go back and watch it again as I have apparently missed quite a bit.

Hope everyone is ok for this great Monday following EDM! Ahh...nothing like a great Friday night to make your week sweet.

smea
August 29th, 2005, 08:20 AM
Ok.. this is a little off topic.. but...Sam_o_Neill
I checked out the link in your sig.. LOLLL what the hell is the song thing in the background?! ITS GREAT!! :D

galaxy
August 29th, 2005, 08:31 AM
Ok.. this is a little off topic.. but...Sam_o_Neill
I checked out the link in your sig.. LOLLL what the hell is the song thing in the background?! ITS GREAT!! :D

That are TPTB trying to sing! :D
Hilarious, isn't it?
Since I've heard it for the first time, I can't watch the (old) intro anymore without singing their lyrics...they are nuts! :p

scjon
August 29th, 2005, 08:36 AM

For example:

or this:

and this scene:

or this:

and this:

and the last one:

I really love that last bit. I think it has to be one of my all-time favourite SG moments (of which there are loads and 99% are shippy!)

scjon
August 29th, 2005, 08:39 AM
Hilarious, isn't it?
Since I've heard it for the first time, I can't watch the (old) intro anymore without singing their lyrics...they are nuts! :p
Oh yes, I came across that by accident. I was nearly crying with laughter!! My husband was most concerned about my mental health!

galaxy
August 29th, 2005, 08:52 AM
Oh yes, I came across that by accident. I was nearly crying with laughter!! My husband was most concerned about my mental health!
LOL :D I know...I showed it to my sister, who knows as much about Stargate as I know about quantum mechanics (= NOTHING), so she has not the slightest interest in the show, but she couldn't stop laughing either!!! It has to be their singing. :D

Oh...by the way, you can download it here:

http://www.carterslab.de/sound/stargatetheme_lyrics.mp3

It was on the audio-commentary for "Prodigy" (season 4)...I think?!? :S

galaxy
August 29th, 2005, 09:04 AM
HAPPY BIRTHDAY ROWAND!!!

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a108/galaxy_/113.jpg

I hope you have a very special day and all your wishes come true!

:D :D :D :D :D

shipper hannah
August 29th, 2005, 09:26 AM

For example:

or this:

and this scene:

or this:

and this:

and the last one:

ah i stand corrected. that was a bit shippy. good thing red sky was picked then. i think. er.. well it was about 3 years ago, so dont kill me if i'm wrong!

shipper hannah
August 29th, 2005, 09:29 AM
A few pages back, someone quoted it:

A fan asked JM if there will be any shippy indications in Season 9 and he replied "Maybe. checkout EDM" or something to that effect.

oh right, that. i remember that one. i was just freaking a little bit cos i thought he said something new about the ship.. :rolleyes:

shipper hannah
August 29th, 2005, 09:32 AM
Seeing as though our options are "Jam" or "Sack" I think that's a wise choice. :P

i doubt crossing carter and o'neill will come out too good either... (in a word sense i mean.. ;) )

girlgater
August 29th, 2005, 09:36 AM
i doubt crossing carter and o'neill will come out too good either... (in a word sense i mean.. ;) )

I vote we keep it simple, sensitive, Sam/Jack or Jack/Sam. Anything else just wouldn't measure up to the depth of their relationship. ;)

Billie
August 29th, 2005, 09:44 AM
Hey all :) Just a quick fly by post as I'm off to work soon. Working a bank holiday night shift what a pain in the Mikta!!

On the topic of Red Sky, I enjoyed the episode especially the bit with jack and the Asgard High Council, LOL!! I remember when I first saw it though thinking I had a problem with the dvd as the whole episode seemed to have this odd red glow - DOH!!!! :D

Have a fab day/eve/night wherever you may be and I'll see you guys when I surface tomorrow :)

shipper hannah
August 29th, 2005, 10:25 AM
ah this threads falling off the page! where are all the shippers?

gate_girl12
August 29th, 2005, 10:29 AM
Happy Birthday Stargate gal

:D :D :D :D

Gatetrixer
August 29th, 2005, 10:53 AM

Suppose I should be apologetic to whoever made up this term, and I offer one, but my statement stands. Scrrrrrritch.

smea
August 29th, 2005, 11:13 AM
LOL :D I know...I showed it to my sister, who knows as much about Stargate as I know about quantum mechanics (= NOTHING), so she has not the slightest interest in the show, but she couldn't stop laughing either!!! It has to be their singing. :D

Oh...by the way, you can download it here:

http://www.carterslab.de/sound/stargatetheme_lyrics.mp3

It was on the audio-commentary for "Prodigy" (season 4)...I think?!? :S

thanx for that :p

ooo.. YAY! Skyone are showing the last 2 episodes of 8 back to back tomorrow ...well its a repeat, but still yay! I love skyone and their re-runs. They show it everyday at 6pm... makes my day :D

shipper hannah
August 29th, 2005, 11:28 AM
thanx for that :p

ooo.. YAY! Skyone are showing the last 2 episodes of 8 back to back tomorrow ...well its a repeat, but still yay! I love skyone and their re-runs. They show it everyday at 6pm... makes my day :D

oh yay! i missed it today cos i was so absorbed on here! :D

Oma-1
August 29th, 2005, 11:34 AM
((((Galaxy)))) I love Red Sky - because of exactly :D the quotes you posted :p My favourite one is the last one - Sam gets to the end of one her technobabble moments - and Jack says something not only coherent, but scientifically correct! If that's not a moment to be marked in history I don't know what is :p

I was distraught to hear that SciFi had made the opening credits for S9 10 seconds - how can you fit all those lyrics into 10 seconds??? Mind you, it saves me having to replace General O'Neill, so from that point of view it rocks :rolleyes: Small mercies.

MartoufMarty
August 29th, 2005, 11:41 AM
Hio... Again... Peoples...

I haven't worked on my vid... Haven't even gotten episodes recorded yet...

I was recording episodes of Angel to the computer and vidding for Alias, and watching DVDs and working, and went to a BBQ yesterday...

I'll get around to my Sam/Jack vid.

So um... did I miss anything exciting around here?

There is no way in hell I'm going back pages to see what I missed lol.

shipper hannah
August 29th, 2005, 11:44 AM
Hio... Again... Peoples...

I haven't worked on my vid... Haven't even gotten episodes recorded yet...

I was recording episodes of Angel to the computer and vidding for Alias, and watching DVDs and working, and went to a BBQ yesterday...

I'll get around to my Sam/Jack vid.

So um... did I miss anything exciting around here?

There is no way in hell I'm going back pages to see what I missed lol.

just a lot more squeeeing after friday really.. :p

sugarshaker
August 29th, 2005, 11:47 AM
Hi Shippers: :D

This is my first time on since Friday, and wouldn't you know, the first thing I come across is a big Squeeeeeeee! My years in Texas must be showing because I let out with a big YIPEEEE! YAHOOOO! right at the TV! :D

Squeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!
Squeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!

One for the fact that GW is up... (I hope, I hope, I hope!)

One for Sam's words....

gwenhwyfar
August 29th, 2005, 11:51 AM
That's the craziest beginning of a post, I've ever seen on this thread...LOL :D
And that was definitely the craziest end of a post, I've ever seen on this thread! :p And to say something on topic: Sam and Jack are the cutest couple In TV-history! YAY!!! :D

Yes, that probably was the craziest begining and end to a post ever. But he WAS glaring at me!

Jack and Sam ARE the cutest couple on TV. But Jang-Geum and Sir Min come in a close second! (am I the only one who watches Jewel In the Palace?)

Also, am I the only one who is bugged by the fact that they list Ben Whatever-his-last-name-is first in the opening credits? They are not in alphabetical order and AT, CJ, and MS have been on the show since day one. They should be first!

shipper hannah
August 29th, 2005, 11:55 AM
Jack and Sam ARE the cutest couple on TV. But Jang-Geum and Sir Min come in a close second! (am I the only one who watches Jewel In the Palace?)
never heard of it i'm afraid! :o

sugarshaker
August 29th, 2005, 12:00 PM
Thanks GW... I was so in shock and missing you.... wanting to talk about EDM....

Wooooohooooooooooo they are together.....

I mean... when Barret and Sam where talking I could just not breath... I was waiting for THAT question... and THE question came....

Barret: How's Pete?
Sam: We broke up
Barret: Really? (grins and smile thinking his time has come... muahaha...) I'm sorry to here that
Sam: It was the best thing for both of us
Barret: So are you single again? <-- THE QUESTION and people... during this little talk there is no music and the music starts in crescendo...
Sam: Not Exactly.... <---- THE ANSWER
.... music keeps playing... Barrets face ... poor boy... it's just priceless, defeat!

And can I just say I love JM for writing such wonderfulll script....

I hear you girl!!!!!!! :D I didn't notice that about the music though. Guess I'll just have to go back and watch it again. ;)

Somnium
August 29th, 2005, 03:55 PM
galaxy thanks for posting those quotes from Red Sky its such a great ep with some great S&J moments, really makes me wanna go watch it all over again :) Still all excited about EDM cant wait for the next instalment of Ship, but someones told me theres no new ep this fri is this true?????

Oh and as for the words/music i usually sing along with those words when the music comes on, so much so that the Boyf' is actualy starting to pick up some of the words now!!!!

Catysg1
August 29th, 2005, 03:57 PM

No Doubt .... It's Jack He is the only man she loves and she showed that in Threads ..he also showed to her that he loved her so ;) :D

NOW , we need VISUAL ;)

Caty :D

girlgater
August 29th, 2005, 04:21 PM
Hi Shipper Family!

Children of the Gods is on SciFi right now. I'm anxious to see the first glimpse of ship between Jack and Sam. Their initial meetingis so full of chemistry and promise! I simply love it. :D

Terrah
August 29th, 2005, 04:22 PM
Catysg1 You are sooooooooo wrong, have you forgot about Thor? :p

Ok, it's been along weekend, I have just spent the last 3 days at work :( and i'm a little cranky. ;)

girlgater
August 29th, 2005, 04:23 PM
galaxy thanks for posting those quotes from Red Sky its such a great ep with some great S&J moments, really makes me wanna go watch it all over again :) Still all excited about EDM cant wait for the next instalment of Ship, but someones told me theres no new ep this fri is this true?????

Oh and as for the words/music i usually sing along with those words when the music comes on, so much so that the Boyf' is actualy starting to pick up some of the words now!!!!

It's true about there not being a new episode on Friday. With the Labor Day Holiday in the US, they're showing fan favorites.

Cathain Nottingham
August 29th, 2005, 04:30 PM

*laughs* Rodney could work! Considering now that Atlantis can contact Earth :D :P

sg-1fanintn
August 29th, 2005, 04:42 PM
Wow! Take a couple of days off, and look what you miss! So many new people! I guess the Squee Heard Round the World really had an effect! I'm so glad to see it! The more our ranks grow, the more likely we are to get the resolution!

I'll love it when we get irrefutable proof of Sam/Jack hitting the sack, or even bottling their own jam like any normal old married couple with lots of fruit trees in their back garden - but I'm with Galaxy and Dipsofjazz - S/J is simply "The Ship" :D

Seeing as though our options are "Jam" or "Sack" I think that's a wise choice. :P
I agree. It is simply, THE Ship. It's the holy grail of Stargate SG-1. No other names are needed. It would be like calling Mulder and Scully "Mully" or "Sculder." It's just so wrong for so many reasons!!!!!

I'll climb down off my soapbox now and send proper good wishes to our newbies and returnees.

Welcome, Chevron7Locked!
Welcome, JacksYummy!
Welcome, Brandie!
Welcome, Cheyenne!
Welcome, Smea!
Welcome, Cafine us!
Welcome, minigeek!
Welcome, Freya!
Welcome, Onlybluesocks!
Welcome, SG1Atlantis!

Welcome back, Karibou!
Welcome back, Silver!
Welcome back, Nikki!
Welcome back, Anakin!

Oh, no! If I’ve missed this much in two days on the Sam/Jack Ship Family Thread , how much have I missed on the Sam’s a Great Character Thread? ( shudders ) They usually post more than we do! Better get over there and check!

nell
August 29th, 2005, 05:14 PM
I found this on the Sam's A Great Character Thread. Dated August 27, 2005. Amanda's thoughts on :eek: and Season 8.

tsaxlady: Okay I'm going to post this here because I saw the question that Sally asked Joe in his thread. This is an article from TVZone #64 Special - It is part of the article on Amanda Tapping

For Pete's Sake
Sadly, Sam Carter will not be hanging out this season with her now ex-boyfriend, Pete Shanahan (David DeLuise). She ended their romance last year, which Tapping feels was necessary, both for the show and her character.

"I think it was important that we explored Sam's ability to love and be loved and to have a fuly-functional adult relationship," says the actress. "We may have gone too far, though. After a while I began to wonder, 'What does this have to do with SG-1?' As an actress, I loved playing it because it was a joy working with David DeLuise. Story wise, I felt enough already with Sam's unrequited love [for Jack O'Neill] and the question of will she or won't she marry Pete.

"As far as how she ended it with Pete, it seemed a little cagey, and I wasn't very proud of Sam for that. I am proud that she decided to stop stringing Pete along, but she could have been a bit more honest about it. That's OK, though, I play a Human being and Humans have flaws. With matters of the heart, it's hard for Sam to be totally honest, and I believe it's because she truly doesn't understand matters of the heart as much as she may think."

Cathain Nottingham
August 29th, 2005, 05:18 PM
Just checking - but is anyone else having major problems with GW forum right now?

sugarshaker
August 29th, 2005, 05:21 PM
Just checking - but is anyone else having major problems with GW forum right now?

Yes. The squeeeeee heard around the world must have rattled the server. :p

Cathain Nottingham
August 29th, 2005, 05:25 PM
*laughs* I think its the squeeeeeeeees and the "Not exactly"s :D

ses110
August 29th, 2005, 05:57 PM
It sounds like some are grasping at straws.We will hear every name in the Book besides Jack.Whatever gets you through the Day I guess.Anyone see SG-1 got the same 1.9 Ratings as last week.I was hoping for a bigger jump in ratings with Sam back and since Barrett was on this week.It could be a tough Year Ratings wise for SG-1.I'am not sure where the current Ratings stand with TPTB.RCC and BW did an interview on Gateworld before the Season started and they were looking for much Higher Ratings.IMO the episodes have been better with Sam returning it's just the Episodes are missing that Zip and excitement of earlier Seasons.No doubt the no Jack factor is the missing ingredient.

trupi
August 29th, 2005, 06:02 PM
Yes. The squeeeeee heard around the world must have rattled the server. :p
Took me twenty minutes to get on the thread! Working late?

sg-1fanintn
August 29th, 2005, 06:03 PM
Oh, yes! It's a little sick! Keep using Quick Reply!

nell
August 29th, 2005, 06:04 PM
*laughs* I think its the squeeeeeeeees and the "Not exactly"s :D

Cathain has 400 POSTS!!!!

Cathain Nottingham
August 29th, 2005, 06:11 PM
Oh, yes! It's a little sick! Keep using Quick Reply!

Actually that wasn't even working for me either.

Cathain Nottingham
August 29th, 2005, 06:12 PM
Cathain has 400 POSTS!!!!

:D Wow! I didn't even notice.

crazedturkey
August 29th, 2005, 06:20 PM
Hiya. Popping in to say...normally avoid spoilers but in this case couldn't resist!

SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!

*falls off chair due to insane excitement jumping up and down*

See - I knew it was destiny ;)!

nell
August 29th, 2005, 06:30 PM
Hiya. Popping in to say...normally avoid spoilers but in this case couldn't resist!

SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!

*falls off chair due to insane excitement jumping up and down*

See - I knew it was destiny ;)!

WELCOME crazedturkey!!!!!

LOL4JACK
August 29th, 2005, 06:41 PM

<Mayor snip>

Galaxy, WOW, you really have some shipper glassed on... you should write the Shipper's Guide to Ship in Stargate SG-1, it makes me want to watch all the shows all over again... any other recomendation? :p

Hilarious, isn't it?

Same here... SMEA, Peter DeLuise sings in every ep that he directed and the ones on the website if I'm not mistaken is Joe Mallozzi and Paul Millie on the comentaries of Prodigy... I found out that they are the ones that composed the lyrics :p, it's from S4 and they say it is one of the first things they wrote :p ROFL

LOL4JACK
August 29th, 2005, 06:45 PM
Wow! Take a couple of days off, and look what you miss! So many new people! I guess the Squee Heard Round the World really had an effect! I'm so glad to see it! The more our ranks grow, the more likely we are to get the resolution!

I agree. It is simply, THE Ship. It's the holy grail of Stargate SG-1. No other names are needed. It would be like calling Mulder and Scully "Mully" or "Sculder." It's just so wrong for so many reasons!!!!!

I'll climb down off my soapbox now and send proper good wishes to our newbies and returnees.

Welcome, Chevron7Locked!
Welcome, JacksYummy!
Welcome, Brandie!
Welcome, Cheyenne!
Welcome, Smea!
Welcome, Cafine us!
Welcome, minigeek!
Welcome, Freya!
Welcome, Onlybluesocks!
Welcome, SG1Atlantis!

Welcome back, Karibou!
Welcome back, Silver!
Welcome back, Nikki!
Welcome back, Anakin!

Oh, no! If I’ve missed this much in two days on the Sam/Jack Ship Family Thread , how much have I missed on the Sam’s a Great Character Thread? ( shudders ) They usually post more than we do! Better get over there and check!

WELCOME crazedturkey!!!!!

Wow, where are my manners.... :o

Welcome Squeeeeequers !!!! :p.... WOW and all this from a Not Exactly :p

Cathain... 400.... WOW, you are flying girl :p Congrats