PDA

View Full Version : Sam Carter/Jack O'Neill Ship Appreciation Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 [44] 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57

ses110
August 22nd, 2005, 08:59 PM
It looks like I made the right call in not buying the Season 7 and 8 DVD'S.It's been bad enough waiting for the Ship to be resolved and it's been made worse by some of the interviews and comments from TPTB or Actors.It's been one positive Ship interview followed by 10 negative.I have to say of all TPTB or Actors JM has never wavered in his support for the Sam and Jack Ship.At least with JM you get one Ship answer and JM does not change his answer with every interview.JM has always said he wanted Sam and Jack to get together and JM was not shy in knocking the Sam Pete Ship.Give me one Honest answer regarding Ship either way and I can accept it.

Shipperahoy
August 22nd, 2005, 09:06 PM
I bought the season 7 DVD's because I love the audio commentaries (you can usually hear some good stuff on those commentaries) and I was looking forward to getting some perspective from the directors about such episodes as Chimera and Grace but was severely disapointed. Mostly when it came to Grace. The Grace commentary was all about technical stuff and not at all about the actual episode. Still, I'll probably end up buying the season 8 DVD's in the hope of getting some actual behind the scenes content.

Gatetrixer
August 22nd, 2005, 09:33 PM
Gee, Mary, I see Sam's personal issues so differently! Many high-achieving professional women reach a certain age and pause to wonder if the path they've chosen is the right one. I did. I was working in a major market at age 24, at the number 1 station in that city. By 27, I was wondering if it was enough. I re-examined my life and decided I could live with a little less professionally if it meant gaining a little more personally. So, I dropped back to a large market, came home and met my husband a few months later. Granted, I could have waited a couple more years before I started to question my choices. But Sam really couldn't. She was in her mid-thirties when she started wondering. I guess I identified with her issues (although I hadn't been waiting for years to have a relationship with my older commanding officer!!!!!), even though our specific situations are different.

I was just always haunted by the feeling that I might wake up some day and decide that what I had chosen wasn't really what I wanted. So, I tried to find a way to have it all. A less demanding, but still fulfilling professional life allowed me to have the personal life I wanted.

Ok, I'm really in danger of going on WAY too long at this point, if I haven't already. I just wanted to say that Sam never lost credibility with me. I thought it took courage to confront her issues head-on, even if it meant taking a wrong turn with :eek: along the way!

Maybe she meant it was AT who wanted her character(Sam) to have a (non-Jack)boyfriend and also one that didn't die, which I think AT said in so many words (although that Black Widow Curse is a crock of youknowwhat. Simply not true). I wouldn't exactly call it whining on AT's part but she did grab the opportunity ASAP. Of course, by definition Sam was also thinking the same thing.

Your story is interesting and I'm glad things turned out well for you.
Fascinating subject--career vs. personal life.

gate_girl12
August 22nd, 2005, 11:00 PM
Hey guys,
Worked my butt off into the wee hours of the morning and got my new site up and running. It isn't much, but I plan on adding to it where I can. Will post more fanfics when I retrieve them from my ancient laptop. Heres the link:
http://members.optusnet.com.au/clevelan/Destinys labyrinth

I'm liking the new sig UhSir. Good job sueKay!!

lonely_star
August 22nd, 2005, 11:16 PM
Lost City? I don't remember that. I guess that means I'll have to rewatch the episode tonight. Thanks!

well maybe it's clearer with a little pic ;)

http://img228.imageshack.us/img228/1783/pain155dv.jpg

http://img228.imageshack.us/img228/2504/pain148zp.jpg

http://img228.imageshack.us/img228/5717/pain120ma.jpg

majorsal
August 22nd, 2005, 11:17 PM
I apologize for posting in your thread, for I am not a pro or an anti sam/jack shipper, but I am a Sam fan and I wanted to comment on the ratings.

I did not expect the ratings to actually rise because Sam is back. I think this because I doubt the causal viewer would purposely not watch the first five episodes and then suddenly watch the sixth episode because of Sam, even if they really like Sam. And my guess is that most SG1 fans who like Sam also watched the first five episodes to see what was going on. I know I watched all the episodes even though sam wasn't in them. There would have to be alot of people purposely not watching SG1 until Sam came back, and I can't think of why a bunch of people would do this. They would be lost by the time they actually watched episode 6.

Also, it seems that the ratings only go down from the season premiere during the summer run. For example in the second half of the summer season 7, Lifeboat got a 1.5 and Enemy Mine got a 1.2, even though the premiere (Fallen) was a 1.9. Does that mean that Daniel should not have come back because his first two Daniel-centric episodes after the premiere were quite low in ratings? In season eight, the first five episodes were very strong---2.4, 2.4, 2.0, 2.2, 2.2 but then the lowest of the season were among the next five---examples Affinity 1.8, Avatar 1.8, and Sacrifices 1.7.

So the chances of the ratings going up at episode six this season were highly unlikely, given the earlier trends. The fact that the ratings only dropped slightly for episode 6 is actually a big improvement compared to season 7 and 8. The ratings going slightly down are probably more a reflection of pre-season football. (Note that the second showing of SG1 was much higher than last week). And we are only heading into new season premieres on other channels. So I think the ratings will probably go down further, and then rise when winter season occurs (like in season 7 and 8). This is not a reflection of Sam or not Sam. This has been the trend probably due to time of year, other shows, and football, IMO.

And note that this was Vala's last episode (at least for awhile) and one could argue that the ratings should not have actually gone down while Vala is still there if you think Vala is key. You would want to keep watching because she is on. In reality, this small drop probably has nothing to do with Vala either.

I was hoping that the season premiere would start out higher than 2.1 because the ratings do fall over the summer. But the ratings pick up again in the winter season. Time will tell what will happen for season 9. I think you could argue any position you want to with the ratings. I could argue that the ratings are slightly down because the regular viewer is fed up with Daniel/vala story. Or I could say that Mitchell has not been well developed so viewers are losing interest. But I really think it is the time of year!

Sorry to barge in. I enjoy reading the shipper thread. :D

wonderful, intelligent, well thought out post, chocdoc! thank you for visiting and setting things straight. ;)

sally :D

gwenhwyfar
August 23rd, 2005, 02:03 AM

http://img228.imageshack.us/img228/2504/pain148zp.jpg

http://img228.imageshack.us/img228/5717/pain120ma.jpg

Thanks! I didn't get a chance to rewatch the episodes so this really helped.

UhSir
August 23rd, 2005, 03:19 AM

Yes, that's the scene. Thank you.

Myrth
August 23rd, 2005, 03:26 AM
Agreed, from a reality perspective it takes courage and no small amount of fear to make decisions like that. Often it's the fear of making the wrong choice, fear of ending up alone and fear of rejection that cause the examination of those choices.

I think Sam's character gained strength in her emotional falibility. I mean the woman is a super hero, skill set out the wazoo etc. I think the writers made a good decision and whether by intent or accident, made Sam more "real" by introducing a side where she doesn't have the answers and doesn't know what to do.

Also speaking from experience, having feelings for someone you a. can't have and b. who has authority over you is hard at best, downright torture at worst. I love the slow burn progression and direction the Sam/Jack ship has taken to Threads (Moebius.. well I don't buy Sam being that geeky, but that's another story). I think it's been executed with grace and despite what any one person says about it, no one person is in control of it. Far as I can tell the ship has risen out of a natural chemistry between AT&RDA and highlighted by some good choices on the day mixed with some great plot points and scripting.

I don't think Sam was weakened as a character at all. I didn't like the Pete story line, but I could see why it was necessary from a story telling perspective and I'm glad they did it, otherwise it would be eight years of the same situation and no emotional growth on it. That wouldn't ring true IMHO. I can also see why Amanda is a little tired of it all, don't take her words so literally maybe. Remember she doesn't see any of it from a long time viewer's perspective and she gets hammered with negative comments... alot from the sound of it.

Sorry I'm rambling on, but I see a lot people being quick to dismiss things as "bad" prematurely without looking at the whole picture. How much more poignant was Jack's "Always" because of Kerry & Pete? Some things are necessary for conrast. And a situation like Sam & Jack is not restricted to fiction, it happens and I loved that they showed the indecision and self doubt from Sam's perspective. Added dimensions and some more humanity.

Ok, I'll stop now... but I've spent waaay too much time analysing this ;)

Personally I think I'm currently missing Rick's hand in the executive side of things and his script fiddling.

:)

Gee, Mary, I see Sam's personal issues so differently! Many high-achieving professional women reach a certain age and pause to wonder if the path they've chosen is the right one. I did. I was working in a major market at age 24, at the number 1 station in that city. By 27, I was wondering if it was enough. I re-examined my life and decided I could live with a little less professionally if it meant gaining a little more personally. So, I dropped back to a large market, came home and met my husband a few months later. Granted, I could have waited a couple more years before I started to question my choices. But Sam really couldn't. She was in her mid-thirties when she started wondering. I guess I identified with her issues (although I hadn't been waiting for years to have a relationship with my older commanding officer!!!!!), even though our specific situations are different.

I was just always haunted by the feeling that I might wake up some day and decide that what I had chosen wasn't really what I wanted. So, I tried to find a way to have it all. A less demanding, but still fulfilling professional life allowed me to have the personal life I wanted.

Ok, I'm really in danger of going on WAY too long at this point, if I haven't already. I just wanted to say that Sam never lost credibility with me. I thought it took courage to confront her issues head-on, even if it meant taking a wrong turn with :eek: along the way!

gate_girl12
August 23rd, 2005, 04:30 AM
This is probably a little late, but was justing checking on the winners of this years Sam and Jack fic awards. So....

CONGRATS TO <b>BREN REN</b> FOR WINNING FIRST PLACE WITH "FALLING THROUGH GRACE".

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a138/gate_girl12/sjsmiles2.jpg

Cheers!

scjon
August 23rd, 2005, 05:18 AM
Agreed, from a reality perspective it takes courage and no small amount of fear to make decisions like that. Often it's the fear of making the wrong choice, fear of ending up alone and fear of rejection that cause the examination of those choices.

I think Sam's character gained strength in her emotional falibility. I mean the woman is a super hero, skill set out the wazoo etc. I think the writers made a good decision and whether by intent or accident, made Sam more "real" by introducing a side where she doesn't have the answers and doesn't know what to do.

Also speaking from experience, having feelings for someone you a. can't have and b. who has authority over you is hard at best, downright torture at worst. I love the slow burn progression and direction the Sam/Jack ship has taken to Threads (Moebius.. well I don't buy Sam being that geeky, but that's another story). I think it's been executed with grace and despite what any one person says about it, no one person is in control of it. Far as I can tell the ship has risen out of a natural chemistry between AT&RDA and highlighted by some good choices on the day mixed with some great plot points and scripting.

I don't think Sam was weakened as a character at all. I didn't like the Pete story line, but I could see why it was necessary from a story telling perspective and I'm glad they did it, otherwise it would be eight years of the same situation and no emotional growth on it. That wouldn't ring true IMHO. I can also see why Amanda is a little tired of it all, don't take her words so literally maybe. Remember she doesn't see any of it from a long time viewer's perspective and she gets hammered with negative comments... alot from the sound of it.

Sorry I'm rambling on, but I see a lot people being quick to dismiss things as "bad" prematurely without looking at the whole picture. How much more poignant was Jack's "Always" because of Kerry & Pete? Some things are necessary for conrast. And a situation like Sam & Jack is not restricted to fiction, it happens and I loved that they showed the indecision and self doubt from Sam's perspective. Added dimensions and some more humanity.

Ok, I'll stop now... but I've spent waaay too much time analysing this ;)

Personally I think I'm currently missing Rick's hand in the executive side of things and his script fiddling.

:)
I have to say that I pretty much agree with this (I'm in a reasonably rational mood today-it doesn't happen all that often :D ). Emotional development is a good thing after so many years.

I really didn't like Chimera not so much because Sam found herself another man (although I hoped it wasn't permanent for obvious reasons), but because of who that man was. I just found :eek: to be a really, really irritating character. I probably would have thought the same thing, had he not been Sam's 'love interest', but as he was, comparisons with Jack were inevitable. I actually thought they might set her up with Agent Barrett or something. He is much less annoying than :eek: !!(but IMO no competition for Jack) Although again only as part of Sam's 'learning curve'. Threads should still play out the same.

I also think its a shame that AT has been really hammered over this.

scjon
August 23rd, 2005, 07:10 AM
For some reason my computer seizes up everytime I try to edit my previous post. (I've been trying on and off since I posted it. )

Just wanted to say Congratulations Bren Ren!!!

gate_girl12
August 23rd, 2005, 07:21 AM
**looks around**
Hello? **voice echos**

Where is everyone today? Did people suddenly develop lives or something? :p
OT: Roses are red
Violets are blue
Jack loves Sam
and she loves him too.
My pathetic rendition of a poem, but I promise I can do better. It's just late and my butt is going numb from a hard computer chair. Taking a break from Fic writing. I need an unbiased opinion on the one I'm writing at the moment. I gave it to my boyfriend to read, but he reckons it's too long (:s he hasn't read any of Sally Reeve's work or Doc's!).

So any brave volunteers wanna PM and I'll send them the draft (and when I say draft, it hasn't been betaed for spelling or grammatical errors)?? Please??

irishchick
August 23rd, 2005, 07:28 AM
hey gate_girl12,
id be more than happy to have a look at it for u , im a big fic reader and always feed back the writers .

RamonaThePest
August 23rd, 2005, 07:46 AM
I bought the season 7 DVD's because I love the audio commentaries (you can usually hear some good stuff on those commentaries) and I was looking forward to getting some perspective from the directors about such episodes as Chimera and Grace but was severely disapointed. Mostly when it came to Grace. The Grace commentary was all about technical stuff and not at all about the actual episode. Still, I'll probably end up buying the season 8 DVD's in the hope of getting some actual behind the scenes content.
I'm in the same boat. I think they should have separate features for people who are interested in how the lighting was done and the "push" of the camera angle and the ever so exciting cut-a-way. Then if I want to know how they do it I could go there. Meanwhile, the commentary for the rest of us who aren't into "filming" but are into the plot and character development could enjoy little insights into our favorite show without wanting to scream!

RamonaThePest
August 23rd, 2005, 07:56 AM
Oh heck yeah! There was definate sniffage. If I remember correctly even Feli said that there was sniffage and she's not even a shipper. Now if I could only get Major Clanger to admit that there was some sniffage in the corridor of the Gou'ald ship in Out of Mind. :D
CONFIRMED SNIFFAGE! On the commentary of the DVD of the elevator scene (don't remember which episode exactly) one of the directors/commentators mentioned the sniffage. (I didn't even notice it the first time I watched the ep until they mentioned it.)

RamonaThePest
August 23rd, 2005, 08:06 AM
Bren Ren (or anyone else who can answer this for me)
Where can I find your fics? I've run across a couple out there, but is there a site that has all or most of your stories on it?

Somnium
August 23rd, 2005, 09:02 AM
Hello my little ship family, where are you all? Am feeling particularly chatty at the mo and in a v.good mood as my signed RDA pic turned up this am. Well am gonna go find some nice shippy vids to watch then, Sam and Jack Squuee!

BrenRen
August 23rd, 2005, 09:22 AM
Bren Ren (or anyone else who can answer this for me)
Where can I find your fics? I've run across a couple out there, but is there a site that has all or most of your stories on it?
Well, I had a long, beautiful reply, and Gateworld ate it.

I'm too wiped to repeat it all. Sorry folks...

But as for my fic... My old website is still up, but i was locked out months ago when the hosts went out of business, and strangely enough, myt site seems to be forgotten and still floating around in cyberspace! It's here: http://users.mercednet.com/zimmerman/FanficStories.htm

For newer stuff, I've been archiving at both Fanfic.net (under BrenRenQoI) and at the Sam&Jack Adult Fic Archive, under the usual Bren Ren.

Happy Shipping!!!

michelleb
August 23rd, 2005, 10:43 AM
You know what I liked about Beachhead?

the ship!! First off all, Landry is on the phone to Jack about Sam. Now either he's tried to get hold of Sam, can't get hold of her, so tried Jack cos he knew Jack was in constant contact with her, OR he knew if anyone was holding Sam back from coming to the SGC, it would be jack.

Secondly, when Sam appears and Landry says 'very funny, jack' into the phone, sam doesn't say 'what did general o'neill have to say?'. she doesn't even look surprised that landry is on the phone to jack...becasue she knew all along . she knew jack was cooking up the whole joke, which means she and jack must have talked about it..he trying to persuade her it was funny, she relunctantly agreeing and grinning at him.

so there. proof sam and jack are not only in constant contact with each other, and cooking up jokes together, even landry knows if you want sam, you have to clear it with jack

i got my ship! (P.S. Loved vala. wanted her to stay longer. give sam some advice on ignoring the regs and just jumping on the guy you want. you can hear her now 'you've been in love with this guy for years and never done anything? why??)

Billie
August 23rd, 2005, 12:54 PM
:eek: 2nd page! :eek:

*breathe in , breathe out, breathe in, breathe out*

Have just been studying public order offences for a course I'm on and how it involves causing harassment, alarm or distress to the victim and here i am taking a well earned break to find myself a victim of a Sam and Jack public order offence right here on GW...... page TWO people page TWO!!! Gonna need counselling!! *breathe in , breathe out, breathe in, breathe out*

Sam and Jack, Sam and Jack, Sam and Jack..... OK...blood pressure returning to normal, heart rate going down, pupils no longer fixed and dilated.....Whayhey, another amazing shipper family recovery!! :)

Somnium
August 23rd, 2005, 01:03 PM
:eek: 2nd page! :eek:

*breathe in , breathe out, breathe in, breathe out*

Have just been studying public order offences for a course I'm on and how it involves causing harassment, alarm or distress to the victim and here i am taking a well earned break to find myself a victim of a Sam and Jack public order offence right here on GW...... page TWO people page TWO!!! Gonna need counselling!! *breathe in , breathe out, breathe in, breathe out*

Sam and Jack, Sam and Jack, Sam and Jack..... OK...blood pressure returning to normal, heart rate going down, pupils no longer fixed and dilated.....Whayhey, another amazing shipper family recovery!! :)

Hmm page two indeed, this indeed a serious offence!
It has been very quiet here today/tonight nice of you to join us Billie.
heres a lil S&J pic to make you feel better....
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v475/Shelby_SG1/4x105F0320.jpg
Hope that helps :D

sueKay
August 23rd, 2005, 01:06 PM
Better late than never!!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v319/sueKay/fanintn.jpg

*looks to see Bren Ren's Achievement*

Be back later!

(stupid RL)

Billie
August 23rd, 2005, 01:12 PM
Hmm page two indeed, this indeed a serious offence!
It has been very quiet here today/tonight nice of you to join us Billie.
heres a lil S&J pic to make you feel better....
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v475/Shelby_SG1/4x105F0320.jpg
Hope that helps :D

Oh yeah Somnium now that is a mahoosive help, thanks!! (((Somnium)))

Billie
August 23rd, 2005, 01:19 PM
sueKay - Love all your new graphics you are one creative lady!!

sueKay
August 23rd, 2005, 01:26 PM
Where's the list of SGFA winners???? I checked their old webby as I don't know where the new one is, so can someone please post the link!!!

Billie
August 23rd, 2005, 01:53 PM
Having recovered from the serious incident that occured here earlier I feel in desperate need of some more picture therapy!! ;) Soooo......

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a57/pcbillie/zerohour2.jpg

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a57/pcbillie/zerohour5.jpg

Crazy in love?? These two?? Yasureyabetcha!! :)

sueKay
August 23rd, 2005, 01:56 PM
*sigh*

I'm a happy shipper :)

Somnium
August 23rd, 2005, 02:11 PM
(((((((((Billie))))))))))) Fantastic shippy pics :D Sams smile is just so damn cute and Jacks eyes well ...............wibble wibble goes into dream state.....

Long live S&J :D

Billie
August 23rd, 2005, 02:18 PM

the ship!! First off all, Landry is on the phone to Jack about Sam. Now either he's tried to get hold of Sam, can't get hold of her, so tried Jack cos he knew Jack was in constant contact with her, OR he knew if anyone was holding Sam back from coming to the SGC, it would be jack.

Secondly, when Sam appears and Landry says 'very funny, jack' into the phone, sam doesn't say 'what did general o'neill have to say?'. she doesn't even look surprised that landry is on the phone to jack...becasue she knew all along . she knew jack was cooking up the whole joke, which means she and jack must have talked about it..he trying to persuade her it was funny, she relunctantly agreeing and grinning at him.

so there. proof sam and jack are not only in constant contact with each other, and cooking up jokes together, even landry knows if you want sam, you have to clear it with jack

i got my ship! (P.S. Loved vala. wanted her to stay longer. give sam some advice on ignoring the regs and just jumping on the guy you want. you can hear her now 'you've been in love with this guy for years and never done anything? why??)

Squeeeeeee!!! The ship wagon keeps on rolling!! Can't believe it'll be nigh on Christmas by the time I get to squeeeee first hand :( *stamps feet and pouts impressively*

Billie
August 23rd, 2005, 02:24 PM
(((((((((Billie))))))))))) Fantastic shippy pics :D Sams smile is just so damn cute and Jacks eyes well ...............wibble wibble goes into dream state.....

Long live S&J :D

Mmmmm, those pearly whites and those chocolate brown puppy dog eyes....so perfect for eachother *big shippy sigh*

sugarshaker
August 23rd, 2005, 02:28 PM

I like your thinking on this. I also think our favorite twosome are together. I know they haven't given us any real clues, but little things like (and Mala, if you're listening I know you're groaning :p ) the hand touch in M2, Sam telling Cam that she had reasons to take the job at Area 51 (now how could Sam of all people NOT want to be on SG-1), and the situation in general with Pete being gone and Sam finally going fishing, and I'm sure there are other subtle clues that I can't think of just now. Most of all, I think they're together because that's what I WANT to think and NEED to think in order to enjoy the 7 YEARS of DVD's I bought! :p

Token
August 23rd, 2005, 02:45 PM
<snip>

Originally Posted by Token
But that doesn't make sense. If the ratings were up because Vala was the greatest then "Beachhead" ratings would have been the same or more. Vala didn't "exit" the episode until the end. It's not a Vala thing unless people are tired of watching the "Vala show" not knowing that she would be leaving this ep and decided not to watch the "sexed-up" Stargate. Real ship brings in the ratings not sex. JMHO.

Then......you're saying they gained Farscape viewers, but lost SG-1 viewers, so the gains cancelled out the losses? Interesting theory. The new blood certainly hasn't pumped up the ratings. But maybe more traditional SG-1 viewers will be back this week, now that word has spread that Sam has returned!

Hmmmm....No, I don't think that is what I'm saying, but if it sounds good then "sure". ;) :p I was actually trying to make the point that the ratings are an confusing thing and can't really be attributed to any one cause. The logic that Vala or Farscape viewers are the reason SG-1 has had good ratings is "bunk" otherwise "Beachhead" ratings would have been the same as previous weeks'. I think chocdoc had a good analysis of the ratings "game". I'm more interested from a season renewal standpoint. Since TPTB had already said this season will end in a cliffhanger, I couldn't stand not having a Season 10! :eek:

Billie
August 23rd, 2005, 02:53 PM
Most of all, I think they're together because that's what I WANT to think and NEED to think in order to enjoy the 7 YEARS of DVD's I bought! :p

LOL and ditto sugarshaker!! :p

Token
August 23rd, 2005, 03:01 PM
(((((((((((Michelle)))))))))))) I'm so glad you are back and sharing your shipper insights with us!! Here's a hug...http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/36/36_1_67.gif (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZSzfw003)and a kiss.....

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v334/Token04/GraceKiss200.gif
;)

sueKay
August 23rd, 2005, 03:14 PM
MORE fanfiction links added to the site

And we have a new address!!!

http://shipperfamily.cjb.net

I'm also getting together memorable events and posts from the archive...and so far we have

The AT Letter
The Shipper Cookie List
Joe's first post here
And petition SamAndJackTogether

and for the fun of it - my first post!

Currently on the lookout for penguins, communes, towns and bars :D

These things should have links tomorrow!!!

Billie
August 23rd, 2005, 03:20 PM
http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a57/pcbillie/spirits3.jpg
Goodnight all, see yas tomorrow :)

dipsofjazz
August 23rd, 2005, 04:40 PM
(((((((((((Michelle)))))))))))) I'm so glad you are back and sharing your shipper insights with us!! Here's a hug...http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/36/36_1_67.gif (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZSzfw003)and a kiss.....

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v334/Token04/GraceKiss200.gif
;)
:D Token, thanks for posting THE kiss again. Of course, I am now sitting here mesmerized, unable to move away from watching it! :p

sueKay
August 23rd, 2005, 04:42 PM
Okay...found some nice templates...here's some screenshots...

tell me which one you like

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v319/sueKay/Ship/screenshot2.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v319/sueKay/Ship/screenshot1.jpg

Shipaholic
August 23rd, 2005, 04:54 PM

I like the second one (screenshot1)

ses110
August 23rd, 2005, 05:13 PM
Token chocdoc made some excellent points,the only problem is RDA will not be around to help out the 2nd half Ratings.RDA played a Bigger part in the 2nd half of Seasons 7 and 8 and we got the better episodes in the 2nd half.This Year the Ratings may suffer the hole Year.IMO the Key will be if RDA appears in the Season Finale.The Fans who are not watching right now may tune in if they hear RDA will be in the Season finale.Those Fans may watch the 2nd half so they will be up to speed when RDA returns.

Cathain Nottingham
August 23rd, 2005, 05:20 PM
Hi everybody! Finally Gateworld is back online :D

LOL4JACK
August 23rd, 2005, 05:28 PM

This is the one I like :p love your idea of the shippy site :p

sueKay
August 23rd, 2005, 05:32 PM
Okay...

1 vote - screenshot 1

1 vote - screenshot 2

...was GW down???

Shipaholic
August 23rd, 2005, 05:35 PM
Okay...

1 vote - screenshot 1

1 vote - screenshot 2

...was GW down???

Yep. For over an hour. I was starting to go through withdrawls even though I was at work :p .

Nikkirose
August 23rd, 2005, 05:38 PM
I know I havent posted here in while, but I thought I'd pass along my new site. Siler owns it she lets getcarter and I use the space for our videos and others stuff. Its still underconstruction, but my S/J video is up now. Remember to RIGHT CLICK, 'SAVE AS'!!

http://www.sgtsiler.com/Nikki.html

sueKay
August 23rd, 2005, 05:39 PM
It never went down for me...Gateworld home did, but not the forum

LOL4JACK
August 23rd, 2005, 05:39 PM
SG-1Fanintn, sorry I was not around for your 1000 post celebration...

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y219/cmb1009/su3.jpg
Jack: LOL4JACK was not around to congratulate you!

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y219/cmb1009/guess.jpg
Jack: LOL4JACK... You better not forget people's milestones

LOL4JACK: I promise I won't :p actually I say that Cathain is celebrating her 300 post!, Billie her 350 and just in case I'm not around... 20 post more to go for Suekay's big 3500 post celebration....

sueKay
August 23rd, 2005, 05:42 PM
(((((((((((Nikkirose))))))))))))))

I've already got your site in my list for the new shipper site. Is it okay to put that link up???

Post here more often!!!!!!!!!!!!

((((((((((((((LOL4JACK))))))))))))))))))

I hadn't noticed...I've been busy!!!!

Cathain Nottingham
August 23rd, 2005, 05:48 PM
I was trying to just get on Gateworld, I'd never payed attention to the URL here so I couldn't come right through.

((((((((((((((((((((LOL4JACK)))))))))))))))))))

No worries about the miss it's easy to do!

Cathain Nottingham
August 23rd, 2005, 05:49 PM

I like #2 myself.

sueKay
August 23rd, 2005, 05:57 PM
I NEED HELP!!!!!!!

Anyone know PHP??? I've just found a php capable webhost, and I've uploaded a file and IT ISN'T WORKING!!!!!

just let me know if you can help, and I'll pm ya!!

Nikkirose
August 23rd, 2005, 06:10 PM
(((((((((((Nikkirose))))))))))))))

I've already got your site in my list for the new shipper site. Is it okay to put that link up???

Post here more often!!!!!!!!!!!!

((((((((((((((LOL4JACK))))))))))))))))))

I hadn't noticed...I've been busy!!!!
Absolutely! :) I hope you enjoy what I made.

(((SueKay))) I will try to visit more, but I'm in the middle of packing for a move across country! FLORIDA HERE I COME!!

sueKay
August 23rd, 2005, 06:14 PM
Florida you say? Well that's near GateBee, Waterfall and GetCarter, so that's quite good!!!

Washington's where one of my online friends stays...I've been trying to get her to come here, but she won't listen!!!

I've been looking through the archive looking for links and I saw that you used to post here a LOT but over a year ago before I joined...Your posts were really good, and it's been a joy to read through all the old posts again...I've got a list of folks to email to see if I can get them back here!!! Annoying folk works - MichelleB's the best example of that! :P :D

Somnium
August 23rd, 2005, 06:24 PM
SueKay - not sure which screenshot I like at the mo, whats wrong with the current one?

Cathain - I didnt notice it go down either but then Ive been lurking around the forum all day in between writing and stuff .

Nikkirose - Cool site but I cant DL any of the Videos! any ideas?

Oh and a nice shippy pic for all of you in the mood.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v475/Shelby_SG1/jacksam.bmp
They are so made for each other :D S&J Always.

sg-1fanintn
August 23rd, 2005, 06:26 PM
Congratulations, BrenRen, on your fiction award!

Thank you, sueKay, for the great celebration banner!!!

Cathain Nottingham
August 23rd, 2005, 06:29 PM
SueKay - not sure which screenshot I like at the mo, whats wrong with the current one?

Cathain - I didnt notice it go down either but then Ive been lurking around the forum all day in between writing and stuff .

Okay that's it, I'm going to save a link to the forum, I couldn't remember the URL and I couldn't get into the main GW. Thus I was locked out.

sueKay
August 23rd, 2005, 06:30 PM
May I be the first to congratulate SHIPAHOLIC, for becoming...

STARGATE INTEL'S 200TH MEMBER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nikkirose
August 23rd, 2005, 06:32 PM

*screams* OMG it doesnt!!!

I dont know whats wrong I'm in the middle of trying to work it out with Siler. We are all very new to this website stuff. So we will try our hardest to get the vidoes working ASAP!!

Thank you for telling me!!

Buc252
August 23rd, 2005, 06:41 PM
Uh, I've been out of touch for a while, but I'm needing clarification....When you say "AT" you mean Sam, right? I'm not being critical, I've just missed so much of the last, oh, I don't know...3000 posts... I was kind of worried that maybe AT had lost credibility by saying something untruthful in some sort of interview... But AT represents the blonde, slightly ditzy, but smart actress who in interviews, sometimes gives us great insight into SC.

To me, SC has always been my hero, admittedly, with some personal vulnerabilities (i.e.relationships). Maybe 'whining' was a bit strong, since her predicament (job vs. life&family) is a common one. SC's behavior with regard to a 'boyfriend' and what we believe to be a bad choice :eek: does hint at a decline in her credibility...to herself.

No, actually, I meant AT. She was the one who went to TPTB and asked them to give Sam a boyfriend (not just a date or dates), and she's the one who only talks ship-positive when she's talking to a shipper.

Sam, I can understand. I don't agree with what she did - I found it quite selfish and hurtful when she knew how Jack felt (he told her right out in S4), but at least I can see her putting herself first for once. She's no hero, really - just one person doing what she can to save the world. I don't think she really wants to be a hero either - she wants to be a regular person. Too bad she couldn't believe she could be regular with Jack. :(

Buc252
August 23rd, 2005, 06:48 PM

I really hated the commentaries on S7, which I hadn't intended on buying, but had put on pre-order before I made the decision and neglected to cancel. Mostly, they just kept coming back to Daniel, Daniel, Daniel, and I was, am, and will probably forever be sick of it. Even in the episode about Jonas, where he's standing in front of the gate at the end, longing with all his being to be able to stay with the SGC, all the commentaries taking place are about *him*. Ugh, right there, it put me through the roof!

Shipaholic
August 23rd, 2005, 07:00 PM
May I be the first to congratulate SHIPAHOLIC, for becoming...

STARGATE INTEL'S 200TH MEMBER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank You! I feel so special :cool:

*takes a bow*

It's all thanks to GW being down.

mad_gater
August 23rd, 2005, 08:07 PM
http://bestsmileys.com/welcome/4.gif
gyewhwyfar
WELCOME *gets tongue-tied trying to pronounce weird Welsh-like name*

WELCOME NEWBIE!!!!!!!!!....:P:D:P:D

gatebee
August 23rd, 2005, 09:23 PM
BrenRen Congratulations on FanFic Award

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v205/FilBrit1/sg1/c1db6678.jpg

Sam: Jack, did you hear that.BrenRen won the Fanfic Award.
Jack: Ya heard it. She is a great writer.

Shipaholic
August 23rd, 2005, 09:50 PM
I finally saw Metamorphosis and I just wanted to say it's sooo cute how sam uses jack's shoulder for a pillow. So shippy :)

Where is everyone?

gatebee
August 23rd, 2005, 09:53 PM
just love this picture of them
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v205/FilBrit1/b59ef333.jpg
pic fr mgm

gatebee
August 23rd, 2005, 10:00 PM
this is not from Metamorphosis but I love the way Sam puts her head on Jack and smiles
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v205/FilBrit1/1f27143a.jpg
pic fr myrth

sclairef99
August 23rd, 2005, 11:15 PM
I find myself following GB over here from the thunk thread....hummmm....

in any case....

I spent my evening writing a wee little ship fic....

A Prelude to:
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2549129/1/

CONGRATS TO BREN REN ON HER AWARD! I do enjoy her fic....it's much better than mine....does this mean that the Stargate awards are out? *runs off to check before heading to bed.*
S

lonely_star
August 23rd, 2005, 11:26 PM
Okay...

1 vote - screenshot 1

1 vote - screenshot 2

...was GW down???

:( :( :( I can't see any of those pics and a lot of the others...don't know what is going on... :( but I'll vote as soon as I can :)

and gateworld was definitely down, and i'd say for more than an hour :(

lonely_star
August 23rd, 2005, 11:33 PM
:( :( :( I can't see any of those pics and a lot of the others...don't know what is going on... :( but I'll vote as soon as I can :)

and gateworld was definitely down, and i'd say for more than an hour :(

:( looks like the problem comes from photobucket :( are those pics hosted there ? and your sig Suekay ?well I'll have to come again and see all the pics and head on shoulder ;)

see ya guys tonite (mine) have a great day

galaxy
August 24th, 2005, 03:14 AM

I like the second one. :)

gate_girl12
August 24th, 2005, 04:01 AM
Hi guys,
Thanks to Oma, Marion and Scjon for Pming me and for Irishchick also, all for volunteering to read my fic. Is on it's way.

Will be out of comission for a few days guys as I have a pinched nerve which turns out to be sciatica in my back. (And I'm only 20 year old!).

Watched "It's good to be king" today. No a particularly shippy ep, but still great s/j chemistry.

(((suKay))) Webby question for you, might sound a little weird: How do you get counters ( to count the amount of times your site have been viewed) up on your site?

Cheers.

galaxy
August 24th, 2005, 04:32 AM
Hi guys,
Thanks to Oma, Marion and Scjon for Pming me and for Irishchick also, all for volunteering to read my fic. Is on it's way.

Will be out of comission for a few days guys as I have a pinched nerve which turns out to be sciatica in my back. (And I'm only 20 year old!).

Watched "It's good to be king" today. No a particularly shippy ep, but still great s/j chemistry.

(((suKay))) Webby question for you, might sound a little weird: How do you get counters ( to count the amount of times your site have been viewed) up on your site?

Cheers.

Ouch...sounds nasty! :S Hope you get better soon!

I liked the scene at the end of IGTBK, when Jack and Sam are standing there with the flowers. Actually there is nothing shippy about it, but it's cute though. :p

Oh and when Maybourne says something about his wives and Sam asks: "Wives!?!" and Jack puts his hand on her shoulder and says "Go" to her. LOL So sweet. :D

Somnium
August 24th, 2005, 05:44 AM
Galaxy - lol I just finished watching IGTBK too and I was thinking the exact same thing, then I come on the forum and saw what you put. Wow its a small world. Love those rose tinted shipper glases ;)

galaxy
August 24th, 2005, 06:00 AM
Galaxy - lol I just finished watching IGTBK too and I was thinking the exact same thing, then I come on the forum and saw what you put. Wow its a small world. Love those rose tinted shipper glases ;)
LOL Love them too.
If everyone had shipper glasses the world would be a better place.
I'm sure of that. :D

What does everyone think about R.C. Cooper writing the penultimate ep of this season?
Anyone else curious about which character will return?
And what about the "major revelation"?
Any ideas, my fellow shippers? :)

sueKay
August 24th, 2005, 06:05 AM
((gate girl))

My mum had that when she was younger, so she says I've to give you a hug from her too.

(((((gate girl)))))

As for hit counters...

http://www.123counters.com does good ones...just set it up, and paste the code into your web page...you can do this by opening up your copy of your index page that's on your computer. Go to file, edit with notepad, then scroll through until you see where you want to put it...If you need a hand, pm me!

sueKay
August 24th, 2005, 06:07 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v319/sueKay/Bren.jpg

scjon
August 24th, 2005, 06:20 AM
Hi guys,

Cheers.

Ouch!! (((gate girl))) I sympathise as I have had a dodgy back for the last 16 years (half my life!). Not sciatica though-mine's a compressed vertebrae at the base of my spine. Currently have dodgy knee too (torn ligaments). Probably falling apart ;)

Anyway have read your story (love it!) and e-mailed you.

Must watch IGTBK again. For some reason I have only watched it once. No idea why as it's a great episode.

sueKay
August 24th, 2005, 06:21 AM
What do we all make of this???

Spoilers for 'Crusade'
The episode will see the return of a character whose identity has yet to be revealed. Mallozzi also promised that the character's return will bring a major revelation.

Myrth
August 24th, 2005, 06:26 AM
Oooh.. the possibilities are positively giddifying :D

Sam_o_Neill
August 24th, 2005, 06:35 AM

Spoilers for 'Crusade'
The episode will see the return of a character whose identity has yet to be revealed. Mallozzi also promised that the character's return will bring a major revelation.

:D http://forum.gateworld.net/images/gw_icons/heart.gif I read that and got really excited :)
In my mind it means: Jack returns to the SGC for his and Sams wedding :P but there could be many, many great possibilities!! :Dhttp://forum.gateworld.net/images/gw_icons/heart.gif:D

Somnium
August 24th, 2005, 06:48 AM

Spoilers for 'Crusade'

Ohhh! Hopes, prays and crossess fingers and toes for something shippy ;)

galaxy
August 24th, 2005, 06:52 AM
Ouch...sounds nasty! :S Hope you get better soon!

I liked the scene at the end of IGTBK, when Jack and Sam are standing there with the flowers. Actually there is nothing shippy about it, but it's cute though. :p

Oh and when Maybourne says something about his wives and Sam asks: "Wives!?!" and Jack puts his hand on her shoulder and says "Go" to her. LOL So sweet. :D

Just wanted to post a pic of that scene... :)
(spoiler for IGTBK):

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a108/galaxy_/8x12-00173.jpg

UhSir
August 24th, 2005, 07:02 AM
LOL Love them too.

What does everyone think about R.C. Cooper writing the penultimate ep of this season?

I can't find my rose-tinted shipper glasses right now. I'll just wear these, :cool:

I can't think right now of what R.C. might write about, but he will also be directing so I take that to mean whatever he writes he wants it done as written. I don't expect much S/J ship from him. I don't think there's much ship in his other stories. Of course, I could just be brain-dead right now and, therefore, completely wrong.

But the cliffhanger is being written by Malozzi/Mullie. Shippy idea from me here: they will positively resolve the Sam and Jack ship ;) ("I love you," kiss, hug, something simple) then hang it with a really huge explosion and we're all wondering whether or not Sam survived. :S Of course we shippers know she does and then in season 10 we get a really huge shippy reunion scene. :D

Uh oh, the dungeon master has returned. Gotta go back to work. :(

Somnium
August 24th, 2005, 07:28 AM
I find myself following GB over here from the thunk thread....hummmm....

in any case....

I spent my evening writing a wee little ship fic....

A Prelude to:
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2549129/1/

CONGRATS TO BREN REN ON HER AWARD! I do enjoy her fic....it's much better than mine....does this mean that the Stargate awards are out? *runs off to check before heading to bed.*
S

What a great little fic, is there gonna be more, I want more. Awww come on dont make me beg!

Silver
August 24th, 2005, 08:02 AM

Spoilers for 'Crusade'

Ooooh, *keeps fingers and toes crossed* That would be fantastic!

You never know, UhSir... Robert Cooper did write Lost City with Brad Wright... and just looking now, he's given us the Heroes hug, the scenes in Chimera (which shows that he at least acknowledges that the Sam/Jack depth is there), the angst in Paradise Lost and Redemption part 2, and best of all... THREADS! ;)

After Threads I think it would be quite reasonable to expect ship from RC if "that character" is indeed Jack. And it would make sense to bring him back towards the end of the season, even if the episode is only the first part of the two-part finale. I'm fairly hopeful now. I mean, following season 9 the writers did get a bit of a pounding regarding the vagueness of Sam and Jack's relationship (at least, Joe did, on his thread, thanks to all you guys :D), so maybe they've finally decided to give us the revelation. What a way to keep the shippers watching, eh?

I just hope, if this is the case, they go about it in a satisfying way.

pittsburghgirl
August 24th, 2005, 08:02 AM
Ohhh! Hopes, prays and crossess fingers and toes for something shippy ;)
well to be the voice of the cynic here-be aware of who(m) is writing that episode-RCC is not big shipper pusher and I doubt that he would even throw a bone or even a dog biscuit.

nell
August 24th, 2005, 08:06 AM
ATTENTION SAM AND JACK FANFICTION
AND GRAPHICS ARTS LOVERS!!!

Speaking for myself, if it weren't for Sam and Jack fanfiction and art, I may have ditched the show months ago!!! EXCEPT I love you guys and you are a lifeline to all things Sam and Jack!! BUT when TPTB leave us wanting for Ship, who ya gonna call? FANFICTION WRITERS and GRAPHIC ARTISTS!!!

Go visit Stargate Fan Awards!!! Nominations are up and voting closes tomorrow, August 25!!!

If you are unable to vote, rest assured the list of noms remains with links and a buffet of Sam and Jack stories for you to gobble up is a click away!! :p :D :p :D

Some of the nominees include Shippers who are friends of Sam and Jack Ship Thread:

Cathain Nottingham
Hail Dorothy
Ruralstar
Bren Ren
Shiaw Mei Mei
Jenifer Ranieri
Uber SG-1 Fan

PLEASE PASS THIS ALONG TODAY!!!

Silver
August 24th, 2005, 08:43 AM
Aww, just came across an old Q&A with Joe...

43) With only one season left to go for our four main characters how would you like to see them all at the end of season six, character wise? This doesn't necessarily mean how they will actually end up, but what you as a writer would like to do with them."

JM: I wouldn’t want to have either Jack or Sam leave the military but, if Jack decided to retire I’d certainly like to see him and Sam living happily everafter. Taking a page from Orlin’s book, Daniel DE-scends, assuming human form. He and Sarah join Carter (the new team leader, while Jack is off fishing with the kids) to continue their off-world explorations.

I know it's been rumoured/clarified he's a shipper, but still....I've never seen him as the romantic type :D

scjon
August 24th, 2005, 08:51 AM
Aww! That is so sweet!! I love it! Shame it didn't play out like that. Perhaps it still could? Because in spite of what I've said about emotional development being important, I'm still an incurably romantic s/j shipper at heart....

ann_sgcfan
August 24th, 2005, 09:00 AM
Ooooh, *keeps fingers and toes crossed* That would be fantastic!

You never know, UhSir... Robert Cooper did write Lost City with Brad Wright... and just looking now, he's given us the Heroes hug, the scenes in Chimera (which shows that he at least acknowledges that the Sam/Jack depth is there), the angst in Paradise Lost and Redemption part 2, and best of all... THREADS! ;)

After Threads I think it would be quite reasonable to expect ship from RC if "that character" is indeed Jack. And it would make sense to bring him back towards the end of the season, even if the episode is only the first part of the two-part finale. I'm fairly hopeful now. I mean, following season 9 the writers did get a bit of a pounding regarding the vagueness of Sam and Jack's relationship (at least, Joe did, on his thread, thanks to all you guys :D), so maybe they've finally decided to give us the revelation. What a way to keep the shippers watching, eh?

I just hope, if this is the case, they go about it in a satisfying way.

Oh I am so hoping it is Jack returning!!! And since RC was involved with the episodes you mentioned above then I am a little more hopeful especially after Threads! :D Eagerly await spoilers, but gosh it doesn't air in the States until March! :o

gatebee
August 24th, 2005, 09:06 AM
good morning, good afternoon and good evening to all you shippers
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v205/FilBrit1/sg1/sjhands.jpg

Token
August 24th, 2005, 09:09 AM
LOL Love them too.

You asked. :p S9 "Crusade" Speculation I'm not "biting"!! I refuse to be baited!
the major character is probably Vala, and she's pregnant with an Ori's baby! :rolleyes: Or..OR...Jack does return only to reveal to Sam that he's really a woman. :eek: :p

So, OK, someone slipped me some grey Shipper cookies! :rolleyes: :p

gatebee
August 24th, 2005, 09:26 AM
Well TPTB have done it again to us THE SHIPPERS..... they have dangled the carrot .....Now till the end of S9 we shall all be wishing, dreaming, hoping and praying on our knees for Sam and Jack BIG HONKING KISS and a wedding

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v205/FilBrit1/9bd3daa8.jpg

Sam: Jack did you hear? Coop will be writing the penultimate ep of S9.
Jack: Ya heard that to Sammy. I wish they would write it in. I want to proclaim to the heavens how much I love you.

galaxy
August 24th, 2005, 10:07 AM
You asked. :p S9 "Crusade" Speculation I'm not "biting"!! I refuse to be baited!
the major character is probably Vala, and she's pregnant with an Ori's baby! :rolleyes: Or..OR...Jack does return only to reveal to Sam that he's really a woman. :eek: :p

Token, that's exactly what I do NOT want to hear from one of my fellow shippers! :p

NOOO!!!! The character is JACK! Basta!
I refuse to believe something else.
*sticks fingers in ears* lalalalalalalalalaaaaaaaa.... :D

gwenhwyfar
August 24th, 2005, 10:15 AM
WELCOME *gets tongue-tied trying to pronounce weird Welsh-like name*

WELCOME NEWBIE!!!!!!!!!....:P:D:P:D

Thanks for the welcome, and I just noticed that is spelled wrong. Anyway, it is Welsh. It's the Welsh spelling of Guinevere. I'm a big The Mists of Avalon fan.The book, not the soap opera that was the movie.

I too hope there is some ship in the finale. They did say RDA might be back for three episodes. He's only been in two.

shelsfc
August 24th, 2005, 10:19 AM
Congratulations Bren Ren on your fic award!!

Citizen Joe is on at the moment.... best clip show ever!! :D Not least for it's shippy moments!! :)

lonely_star
August 24th, 2005, 10:19 AM

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v...screenshot2.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v...screenshot1.jpg

I like the second one better...now that I've seen them :D

lonely_star
August 24th, 2005, 10:23 AM
Hi guys,

No problem, I will finish and come back to you as soon as possible but it's not easy with work and all the extra stuff...anyway I have started it and took notes ;)

Sorry to hear about your sciatica :S good luck and I hope you'll be back soon !! (((((((((((((((((((((((((gate_girl12)))))))))))))))))))))

UhSir
August 24th, 2005, 10:27 AM
QUOTE=Silver]Robert Cooper did write Lost City with Brad Wright... and just looking now, he's given us the Heroes hug, the scenes in Chimera (which shows that he at least acknowledges that the Sam/Jack depth is there), the angst in Paradise Lost and Redemption part 2, and best of all... THREADS! ;) [/QUOTE]

I can't recall any ship in "Redemption, Part 2." I must have been too busy smacking McKay every time he spoke. Oh wait, near the end with O'Neill and the gate and the X-302... Got it.

What do I think about R.C. and his S/J ship potential?

R.C. episodes with shippy stuff:
Season 6
"Redemption"
"Paradise Lost"
Season 7
"Chimera"
"Heroes"
"Lost City" with Brad Wright
Season 8
"Threads"

All of these are from the later seasons. This could mean R.C. has jumped aboard the S/J ship. Plus for R.C..

The shippier of the episodes were written in collaboration with shippy writers. This probably means the other guys wrote the shippy stuff. Negative for R.C..

Sam is seriously upset in “Redemption” and more than she’s been over other people in life-threatening situations. Plus for R.C..

The only shippy scene in "Chimera" is the elevator scene and RDA ad-libbed the ship in that. Negative for R.C..

The "Heroes" hug was as shipless as the "Fire and Water" hug. In both situations Sam is distraught and near hysteria over a close friend's death or possible death. Same goes for the hug she gets from Teal'c in "Paradise Lost," especially when her emotional outbreak does not occur until she mentions Daniel being gone too. Negative for R.C..

In “Lost City” all of the ship, if it can be called that, is one-sided because Jack is “under the influence.” Negative for R.C..

In “Threads” all of the ship is unrequited (and completely deniable). Sam is doing this emotional, obviously hormonal, chick-thing and poor Jack is standing there wondering what the heck is going on. Then in the infirmary Sam is, again, distraught about a situation involving someone else. Negative for R.C..

Conclusion:
Factor in that R.C. is the sole writer of "Crusade" and he will be directing it. He has 100% control of its outcome. Sounds like this boy is on a mission. The ship-potential for "Crusade" is less than zero. I love what R.C. writes, but I do not expect ship from him. I will be very happy if R.C. proves me wrong.

lonely_star
August 24th, 2005, 10:37 AM
BREN REN CONGRATS !!!!!!!

just a little remark...I read some of your fics this morning on fanfic.net and I loved them but I wasn't able to review cause it's only for members... :( :( you should authorize everybody to review...just a thought :p but great job !!!

lonely_star
August 24th, 2005, 10:44 AM
The "Heroes" hug was as shipless as the "Fire and Water" hug. In both situations Sam is distraught and near hysteria over a close friend's death or possible death. Same goes for the hug she gets from Teal'c in "Paradise Lost," especially when her emotional outbreak does not occur until she mentions Daniel being gone too. Negative for R.C..

:eek: :eek: oh boy.......my little shipper heart is braken !!...breathe in breath out breathe in breath out.....

I love this moment !! it's one of my favorite...It's so ship for me...she was so afraid of loosing him, she admits that she couldn't bear his loss and come on it's far from hysteria for me, she's letting go of all the pain and fear and there is so much in their eyes and once again the unspoken words...for me it's shipFULL and not shipLESS...and when he rocks her...and when he "kisses" her neck :D :D everyone can dream !! :)

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: definitely love this moment !!! and I would be pleased to see such a lovely scene again...with a LOT LESS angst !! :p

galaxy
August 24th, 2005, 10:48 AM
The "Heroes" hug was as shipless as the "Fire and Water" hug. In both situations Sam is distraught and near hysteria over a close friend's death or possible death.

Have to disagree here. I thought the heroes hug-scene was VERY shippy.
This hug is much shippier than the Fire and Water hug.
I don't think Sam is hysteric in this scene, she is actually very calm. And she also doesn't come to mourn over Janet....she comes to tell him how glad she is that he is okay...and we all know how she means that... ;)
Plus, he says his shipper-world famous: "C'mere"!
That's like an alarm signal for "Attention! This is a shippy moment". :p
And of course the looks....it's all in their looks you know? :D

galaxy
August 24th, 2005, 10:49 AM
:eek: :eek: oh boy.......my little shipper heart is braken !!...breathe in breath out breathe in breath out.....

I love this moment !! it's one of my favorite...It's so ship for me...she was so afraid of loosing him, she admits that she couldn't bear his loss and come on it's far from hysteria for me, she's letting go of all the pain and fear and there is so much in their eyes and once again the unspoken words...for me it's shipFULL and not shipLESS...and when he rocks her...and when he "kisses" her neck :D :D everyone can dream !! :)

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: definitely love this moment !!! and I would be pleased to see such a lovely scene again...with a LOT LESS angst !! :p

I totally agree. :D

lonely_star
August 24th, 2005, 10:55 AM
Have to disagree here. I thought the heroes hug-scene was VERY shippy.
This hug is much shippier than the Fire and Water hug.
I don't think Sam is hysteric in this scene, she is actually very calm. And she also doesn't come to mourn over Janet....she comes to tell him how glad she is that he is okay...and we all know how she means that... ;)

I agree too :D it's better said ;)

lonely_star
August 24th, 2005, 11:02 AM

talking about that "c'mere" thing...I have sometimes thought..."oh come on...can't you dsy something else !!"

I think I'm kinda upset with him..I so would like him to say something else...maybe more profound or don't know, just change the line...I'm not saying it's not cool of course :D but could be different...maybe it's just the way you (American) act, just an idiom or something but I think it's lame when you hear that EACH and everytime... :o ...don't get me wrong if he could say it more, I wouldn't mind :D ...but well, in a certain way it bothers me...don't you guys "care" about that?

sg-1fanintn
August 24th, 2005, 11:11 AM
Ok, I just posted this over at the Sam's a Great Character Thread.....so if you've already read it, please forgive me. But here's the latest from TPTB. This has just been posted on Gateworld at: http://www.gateworld.net/news/2005/08/coopertodirectisg-1ispenul.shtml

Here's an excerpt ( one part with spoilers, just to be on the safe side )

Cooper to direct SG-1's penultimate episode
WEDNESDAY - AUGUST 24, 2005

Stargate SG-1 executive producer Robert C. Cooper will step behind the camera for the penultimate episode of the series' ninth season. Executive producer Joseph Mallozzi reports on his blog that Cooper will write, produce, and direct "Crusade."

What do you think this is all about? Something big? Or is this much ado about nothing? Is Joe just blowing air up our BDUs? I'll be back after work to join the discussion!

Oma-1
August 24th, 2005, 11:11 AM
talking about that "c'mere" thing...I have sometimes thought..."oh come on...can't you dsy something else !!"

I think I'm kinda upset with him..I so would like him to say something else...maybe more profound or don't know, just change the line...I'm not saying it's not cool of course :D but could be different...maybe it's just the way you (American) act, just an idiom or something but I think it's lame when you hear that EACH and everytime... :o ...don't get me wrong if he could say it more, I wouldn't mind :D ...but well, in a certain way it bothers me...don't you guys "care" about that?
But to look on the good side, you know when Jack says "C'mere" you're not gonna get any old hug, but the biggest, shippiest, kiss Sam's neck, hold on for the ride kinda hug. Or the Threads one. Either way .... WOOOOHOOOOOOO!

But yeah, it'd nice to get a big honkin' kiss or an "I love you" for a change :D

sueKay
August 24th, 2005, 11:13 AM
Aloha!!

Well...RL whisked me away, but I'm back!!!

RCC isn't a big shipper...I think he likes to toy with it, but he's probably more a non-shipper than anything else...

Now...Joe and Brad are a different story...They're both shippers...IMHO

Anywho...I've lost count of which layout you folks prefer, so please...someone update me!

Shipaholic - I'm working on your sig
Somnium, Lonely Star - you have to tell me what you want!

galaxy
August 24th, 2005, 11:16 AM
In “Lost City” all of the ship, if it can be called that, is one-sided because Jack is “under the influence.” Negative for R.C..

NOOOO!!! UhSir, what are you doing with our favourite ship-scenes.
You sound almost like an anti-shipper. LOL :p :D

Jack's ability to speak properly was influenced and he gained some ancient abilities, but it didn't chance or influence his feelings!!!

In “Threads” all of the ship is unrequited (and completely deniable). Sam is doing this emotional, obviously hormonal, chick-thing and poor Jack is standing there wondering what the heck is going on. Then in the infirmary Sam is, again, distraught about a situation involving someone else. Negative for R.C..

Oh no...UhSir, you need some shipper-cookies!!!
I can't even begin to tell you why that interpretation of this episode is so wrong for me....LOL
Maybe someone else, who is fluent in English can explain that....

I'll give you a bif fat shipper hug, uhSir, you poor lost soul... :p

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((UHSIR))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))) ))))

UhSir
August 24th, 2005, 11:20 AM

*Looks around to see if her fellow Americans keep saying the same lame things.* :D

Hmm, I don't think so. Just a thought, but, aren't most of the writers Canadian? :p

*Ducks under desk.*

I agree that "c'mere" is getting boring. I would like to hear Jack say it a different way.

Oma-1
August 24th, 2005, 11:21 AM
Ok, I just posted this over at the Sam's a Great Character Thread.....so if you've already read it, please forgive me. But here's the latest from TPTB. This has just been posted on Gateworld at: http://www.gateworld.net/news/2005/08/coopertodirectisg-1ispenul.shtml

What do you think this is all about? Something big? Or is this much ado about nothing? Is Joe just blowing air up our BDUs? I'll be back after work to join the discussion!
Well, imho :rolleyes:, considering Lost City is one of my all time fave eps - action, plot, ship, cliffhanger to beat all cliffhangers - I've got big expectations of RCC and this ep too. Not necessarily for ship (although if rumours are true and RDA's in it I expect some ship - just a little tiny bit - it doesn't take long to shoot a wedding ring :D ) but definitely a great SG-1 story, with all the above mentioned things.

I know this might be a little bit of a controversial stance for a dedicated shipper like me, but I don't want any Stargate show overtaken solely by ship. Threads would have been too much without the Daniel and Jacob ( :sob: ) plots even for me. I'm happier with the little snippets that we've had over the years that I can look out for, dissect to bits and make a mountain out of, rather than a huge bite that doesn't really mean much. (Am I complaining about Threads now :eek: ...... hmmmm ...... no. They went fishing! I can make MUCH out of that :D )

Token
August 24th, 2005, 11:29 AM

(((((((lonely_star)))))))) Don't fret!! Ship is in the eyes of the Shipper!! :D I personally love the "Fire and Water" & "Heroes" hugs because they show Jack's desire to comfort Sam. (And who wouldn't take comfort in Jack's arms??;) ) Empathy and comfort is just another aspect of their friendship as well as their love for one another.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v334/Token04/Ship%20Day/SamJack.jpg

I lightened the frames of the Heroes hug when I was making the GIF. If you look close, Jack holds her tight and gently sways back and forth then he tucks his face into her neck and gives a final squeeze. *sigh* very sensual! ;)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v334/Token04/HeroesHug125.gif

galaxy
August 24th, 2005, 11:36 AM
But to look on the good side, you know when Jack says "C'mere" you're not gonna get any old hug, but the biggest, shippiest, kiss Sam's neck, hold on for the ride kinda hug. Or the Threads one. Either way .... WOOOOHOOOOOOO!

But yeah, it'd nice to get a big honkin' kiss or an "I love you" for a change :D

Yeah, but that would be out of character IMO.
We all know that Jack is not good with words.
He expresses his feelings through looks and gestures.
And he does this so well! *melt* :rolleyes: :D

UhSir
August 24th, 2005, 11:45 AM
NOOOO!!! UhSir, what are you doing with our favourite ship-scenes.
You sound almost like an anti-shipper. LOL

I know you’re kidding but I promise I’m most definitely not an anti-shipper. I'm just tired of the PTB being so two-faced about all of this. In the earlier years there always was the hope that next year we’d see Sam and Jack together. (I’ve been a diehard Cubs fan my entire life so I’m real good at keeping the hope alive for next year!) But now Jack is not on the show anymore so, really, there are no more next years, so why do the PTB keep abusing us like this?

I'm just not in a good mood these days so I guess I'm seeing everything in a dark light. It's not just here; my husband and son have even asked me what's bugging me. Maybe I should just read and not post until I feel better.

Thanks for the big hug, I feel better. By the way, what are "shipper-cookies?" I have never figured that out.

BrenRen
August 24th, 2005, 11:46 AM
BREN REN CONGRATS !!!!!!!

just a little remark...I read some of your fics this morning on fanfic.net and I loved them but I wasn't able to review cause it's only for members... :( :( you should authorize everybody to review...just a thought :p but great job !!!
I AM SO CONFUSED!!!!!!!!!

Did I win something I haven't been noitifed of??

As far as I know, the Stargate FanAwards are still open for voting until tomorrow? So.... Huh???? I won something?? I'm confused!!!!

But, uh, Thanks for all the Congrats! LOL

lonely_star
August 24th, 2005, 11:59 AM
*Looks around to see if her fellow Americans keep saying the same lame things.* :D

Hmm, I don't think so. Just a thought, but, aren't most of the writers Canadian? :p

:D :D soory, I didn't want to sound hard on American, I was just wondering cause sometimes our culture might be very different especially in the dating scene...anyway, was just saying that maybe he should shut up and act :D :D ..in the battle field he shots and then ask questions...why doesn't he do the same in love !! :D :p

Shipaholic
August 24th, 2005, 12:12 PM
Aloha!!

Well...RL whisked me away, but I'm back!!!

RCC isn't a big shipper...I think he likes to toy with it, but he's probably more a non-shipper than anything else...

Now...Joe and Brad are a different story...They're both shippers...IMHO

Anywho...I've lost count of which layout you folks prefer, so please...someone update me!

Shipaholic - I'm working on your sig
Somnium, Lonely Star - you have to tell me what you want!

Suekay,
Take your time. Glad you're back. It's actually strange reading so many posts without one from you.

galaxy
August 24th, 2005, 12:14 PM

As far as I know, the Stargate FanAwards are still open for voting until tomorrow? So.... Huh???? I won something?? I'm confused!!!!

BrenRen, congrats for winning, or for not winning...?! For being nominated, I guess?!? Anyway: CONGRATS!!!! You are the best! (((((BRENREN))))) :D :D :D

pittsburghgirl
August 24th, 2005, 12:18 PM

oh that is a good one. and yes-i do have the strangest of sense of humor just ask Rogue and Marimba.(and Mad Gater and Abydosorphan and...)

galaxy
August 24th, 2005, 12:29 PM
I know you’re kidding but I promise I’m most definitely not an anti-shipper. I'm just tired of the PTB being so two-faced about all of this. In the earlier years there always was the hope that next year we’d see Sam and Jack together. (I’ve been a diehard Cubs fan my entire life so I’m real good at keeping the hope alive for next year!) But now Jack is not on the show anymore so, really, there are no more next years, so why do the PTB keep abusing us like this?

I'm just not in a good mood these days so I guess I'm seeing everything in a dark light. It's not just here; my husband and son have even asked me what's bugging me. Maybe I should just read and not post until I feel better.

Thanks for the big hug, I feel better. By the way, what are "shipper-cookies?" I have never figured that out.

No! Please stay and post! We all know this "shipper-depression" and the best way to get over it is to be with the shipper family, who can see ship EVERYWHERE!!!! LOL

I'm sorry you don't feel good these days. If you need someone to talk..... :)

Oh and the shipper cookies...well, I wish Shipnana were here.
Unfortunately I don't have the cookie-list, but there is a cookie for every problem a shipper can have. :D

shelsfc
August 24th, 2005, 12:30 PM
Yeah, but that would be out of character IMO.
We all know that Jack is not good with words.
He expresses his feelings through looks and gestures.
And he does this so well! *melt* :rolleyes: :D

Hopefully he finds it easier to express his feelings in words now that they're actually together (Oh yes they are!) - he's probably a lot more comfortable with Sam now :D

Oma-1
August 24th, 2005, 12:32 PM

I think this is referring to the Sam and Jack Fanfiction awards at samandjack.net earlier this year. :D

Rogue
August 24th, 2005, 12:32 PM

Spoilers for 'Crusade'

I refuse to play their games. Maybe if we ignore them, they will finally give us a resolution.

Oma-1
August 24th, 2005, 12:34 PM
I've got the cookie list somewhere - I'll go dig it out. I'm not gonna format it for colours though cos my Quote replies aren't working today, only the QR ones :(

shelsfc
August 24th, 2005, 12:43 PM
I refuse to play their games. Maybe if we ignore them, they will finally give us a resolution.

Hey, we seem to have tried everything else.... :rolleyes:

BrenRen
August 24th, 2005, 12:44 PM
I think this is referring to the Sam and Jack Fanfiction awards at samandjack.net earlier this year. :D
Oh, is that it? I had considered that possibility, but A) It's been a while! and B) At least one or two had mention the Stargate Fan Awards, and that's when I really got confused...

Er... Topic? Umm... Nothing new to add cos I haven't been watching the new eps since the premiere...

But I've followed the Spoilers, and to be honest, nothing has really lifted the overall disappointment that set in over the summer, as I digested the full implications of Season 8, analyzed the overall development of the Ship for the entire series, and came to the conclusion that The Idiots In Charge never managed to live up to the potential they created in the first four seasons of the show.

They chickened out. And frankly, I've seen (and written! ;P ) far better resolutions to the Ship iN FanFic than we will EVER see on screen.

Oma-1
August 24th, 2005, 12:47 PM
HOLIDAY SHIPPER COOKIES - contain a SPECIAL SHIPPER NUTMEG! (special shipper nutmeg - made up of regular nutmeg enhanced with MM's happy pills)

SHIP NANA'S PSYCHO SHIPPER COOKIES - which when dipped in the beverage of your choice allows all inhibitions to simply melt away!

MALA'S THUNK SHIPPER COOKIES – These shipper cookies, when eaten while looking at Mala’s genius creations of photos and other pictures, will allow shippers to thunk for the character of their choice (mostly RDA) and realize why they love Sam and Jack. I thunk, therefore I am!

MIE MEI'S SPECIAL HAPPY PILL SHIPPER COOKIES - They are made from the combined ingredients of mei mei's medicine cabinet. It allows shippers to be in a drugged induced haze to prevent them from losing their minds!

PALE GREEN SHIPPER COOKIE - used for medicinal purposes only by sick shippers - this cookie is full of Shipper Love and Ship Nana's chicken soup

PINK SHIPPER COOKIES - Increases Creativity and Brain Power for Shipping

GREEN SHIPPER COOKIES - Stops Pit-ranting and rant withdrawal and redirects focus to Ship

RED SHIPPER COOKIES - Makes ship lurkers into ship posters
(take the red pill, Neo-shippers)

BLUE SHIPPER COOKIES - Dreamy Shipper Bliss

PURPLE SHIPPER COOKIES - Warm and Fuzzy Shipping

ORANGE SHIPPER COOKIES - Disoriented Shipping

CHOCOLATE SHIPPER COOKIES - Rich and Luscious Shipping (especially when served warm - good for when nothing else will do) Also, for stocking up while on extended absenses from S/J Thread.

GRAY SHIPPER COOKEIS - Snarkiness Shipper Cookie

LIME SHIPPER COOKIES - gives the illusion of Shipper Greatness. They allow the Shipper to dream really BIG!!!!!!

NAQUADAH ENHANCED ANTI-RANTING SHIPPER COOKIES – If you have to eat these Shipper Cookies you are so desperate that you probably won't care what they are for.
P.S. - Disclaimer - Since these Shipper Cookies are probably radioactive please take the appropriate precautions when handling.

ROSY SHIPPER COOKIES - wipes out the memories of bad spoilers and dissolves the desire to read spoilers

SUBLIMINAL SHIPPER COOKIES – Makes TPTB believe that Ship was their idea

TURQUIOSE SHIPPER COOKIES - which are the super duper magnificent spectacular love enhanced shipper cookies

MOTION SICKNESS SHIPPER COOKIES - when eaten prevents motion sickness from TPTB shipper rollercoaster ride.

DARK RED SHIPPER COOKIES - These will stop Kinsey ranting and any feelings of queasiness related to any thoughts about Kinsey, such as a Kinsey-in-love-with-Sam thought

INDIGO SHIPPER COOKIES - helps us all remain blissfully ignorant of anything negative to our ship

MARGARITA SHIPPER COOKIES - It works on drowning your sorrows, or celebrating your shipper glee.

EVERY COLOR SHIPPER COOKIE - which erases shipper memories of all bad spoilers, episodes, and character appearances that depress shippers and replaces them with positive Sam/Jack memories. This shipper cookie was created in Honor of the 2nd ANNUAL CELEBRATION! ITS SHIP DAY JULY 28TH, 2004. It is guaranteed to keep all shippers in only the best shipper mood.

and the all time favorite:

YELLOW SHIPPER COOKIES – (HWMS)

Introducing the NEWEST SHIPPER COOKIE -

It is the BLUE with PURPLE chips and TURQUOISE and INDIGO sprinkles on top SHIPPER COOKIE – This cookie will help get rid of PMS (PostMoebiusSyndrome) and will allow shippers to return to their usual POSITIVE, LOVING BUNCH.

HALLELUIAH OUR SHIP HAS COME IN SHIPPER COOKIE – this is a WEDDING WHITE shipper cookie and is eaten in joyful celebration when Sam and Jack finally admit their feelings to one another and decide that they should be together.

sueKay
August 24th, 2005, 12:48 PM
((((Bren))))

I was confused too...but I made you a graphic anyway!!!! Hopefully you'll get to use it!!!

Somnium
August 24th, 2005, 12:50 PM
(((((((((((((((((((Uhsir)))))))))))))))))))))))))) do you want to borrow my glasses http://bestsmileys.com/peace/1.gif Hope you get your ship back soon, may be some kel no reem is in order ;)

sueKay
August 24th, 2005, 12:54 PM
My solution to the mind games...

*sticks fingers in ears*

LALALALALALALALALALALA

always works...everytime!

I prescribe 'Window of Opportunity' for all shipper experiencing Ship-loss.

josephine-paris
August 24th, 2005, 12:56 PM
Okk, so
Oma-1,

May I have the cookie for the PMS (postmoebiussyndrome) ?? :o

I really need it ! :eek:

sueKay
August 24th, 2005, 01:07 PM
Josephine

Ship Nana's not here, but I'm sure she wouldn't mind!

...think I'll have some!

lonely_star
August 24th, 2005, 01:10 PM
:eek: :eek: I Hate this forum !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! not you guys ! I love my family but I've been trying to post 6 times the same post and it ate it each time !!!!!!!!! I want to !:*mù$*:!:*:&é&:²*&é²&!~§ !!!!!! :S

anyway !! if this works !!! (((((((((((((((((UhSir)))))))))))))))))) relax and smile, life is good !

Somnium
August 24th, 2005, 01:14 PM
Oma - thanks for the list of cookies, just realised you can buy PMS shipper cookies in Tesco (local grocery store). Will be sure to stock up when i next go may need some if this fridays ep is not forthcoming in the ship department.

SueKay - I find the sticking fingers in ears and lalalalalalalaing works well in many situations

lonely_star
August 24th, 2005, 01:15 PM
wow !! it worked !!! let's try the post again !!! then !!!!

http://img228.imageshack.us/img228/5489/sanstitre72go.jpg
umh....maybe you should try some purple passion jello, to go with the cookies ! :D

http://img228.imageshack.us/img228/2522/purplepassionjello6mm.png

and if dark persists...

http://img228.imageshack.us/img228/2427/shippyglasses8dj.png

(((((((((((((((((((UhSir))))))))))))))))))

sueKay
August 24th, 2005, 01:22 PM
!!!!EVERYONE US THE QR BUTTON AND THEN USE MANUAL QUOTE TAGS!!!!

Copy and paste the text into the QR box, add [quote] tags to it.

There, no problems!

nell
August 24th, 2005, 01:26 PM
ATTENTION SAM AND JACK FANFICTION
AND GRAPHICS ARTS LOVERS!!!

Speaking for myself, if it weren't for Sam and Jack fanfiction and art, I may have ditched the show months ago!!! EXCEPT I love you guys and you are a lifeline to all things Sam and Jack!! BUT when TPTB leave us wanting for Ship, who ya gonna call? FANFICTION WRITERS and GRAPHIC ARTISTS!!!

Go visit Stargate Fan Awards!!! Nominations are up and voting closes tomorrow, August 25!!!

If you are unable to vote, rest assured the list of noms remains with links and a buffet of Sam and Jack stories for you to gobble up is a click away!! :p :D :p :D

Some of the nominees include Shippers who are friends of Sam and Jack Ship Thread:

Cathain Nottingham
Hail Dorothy
Ruralstar
Bren Ren
Shiaw Mei Mei
Jenifer Ranieri
Uber SG-1 Fan

PLEASE PASS THIS ALONG TODAY!!!

Billie
August 24th, 2005, 01:34 PM

Hmmm, tricky one. I would obviously LOVE to think that its gonna be Jack coz hey lets be honest Sam and Jack finally in an episode together has got to be fizzing with ship!! ;) Also it kinda seems right that it should be Jack what with it being the last episode of the season and the length of time since he was last seen. If RDA/TPTB do indeed want to keep the door open they really need to give him some exposure at the end of the season in order to keep him in the picture for season 10.

But then again it could well be a whole lot of nothing put out as just another carrot to keep us shippers on the hook and I don't know about you guys but I'm so desperate for some ship that as sure as the rain keeps on falling and falling and falling in the flipping middle of August on Englands green and soggy land I will be tuning in just in case....yep I'm easy prey I'm afraid!! :p

nell
August 24th, 2005, 01:34 PM
UhSir,

A good ranting is, um, good!!! You are among friends here. TPTB have given us any number of reasons to &@#$&*[email protected]&* over the years!!! So, talkin' about it, yellin' about it, and rantin' about it, is OK. In the end, we have each other, old shippy episodes, fanfiction, and fan art AND MOST IMPORTANTLY, we have HOPE!!!! Sam and Jack?? Oh, yeah, it's a safe bet!!! ;)

Billie
August 24th, 2005, 01:42 PM
I lightened the frames of the Heroes hug when I was making the GIF. If you look close, Jack holds her tight and gently sways back and forth then he tucks his face into her neck and gives a final squeeze. *sigh* very sensual! ;)

(((Token))) *sighs and settles in for a few moments of indulgent shipping*
Oh to be in ATs shoes!! ;)

shelsfc
August 24th, 2005, 01:45 PM
Hmmm, tricky one. I would obviously LOVE to think that its gonna be Jack coz hey lets be honest Sam and Jack finally in an episode together has got to be fizzing with ship!! ;) Also it kinda seems right that it should be Jack what with it being the last episode of the season and the length of time since he was last seen. If RDA/TPTB do indeed want to keep the door open they really need to give him some exposure at the end of the season in order to keep him in the picture for season 10.

But then again it could well be a whole lot of nothing put out as just another carrot to keep us shippers on the hook and I don't know about you guys but I'm so desperate for some ship that as sure as the rain keeps on falling and falling and falling in the flipping middle of August on Englands green and soggy land I will be tuning in just in case....yep I'm easy prey I'm afraid!! :p

It's been raining here all summer!!! Seriously, we had about two weeks where it didn't rain, and even then there were only a few days that we actually got sunshine!! :rolleyes:

On topic, of course it would be great if 'that character' is Jack... I'm not getting my hopes up though.

Somnium
August 24th, 2005, 02:20 PM
Okay well I was going really well on my fic but it seems Ive ground to a halt at the mo. I was doing so well 5 pages in two days! So Ive come for some inspiration. HHHHHEEEEEELLLLLLLPPPPPPPP!!!!!

Ive even resorted to pizza and beer.

Some one please I need some shippy inspiration.

sueKay
August 24th, 2005, 02:35 PM
Somnium..what I do when I'm stuck, is I imagine a scene that I want to happen later in the fanfic...then I work out how I'm going to get there, rather than rambling on aimlessly like I used to do.

sugarshaker
August 24th, 2005, 02:39 PM
When I saw Joe's quote

"Rob is working on "Crusade", which will see the return of THAT CHARACTER with a major relevation. . . " I instantly thought of Pete! :eek: :eek: :eek: To me, he will always be THAT CHARACTER . . . WHO MUST NOT BE NAMED!!! They wouldn't dare! :eek:

I really hope it is Jack as I am starved for some new sceens between Jack and Sam! :D

sueKay
August 24th, 2005, 02:48 PM
If they bring back Pete...I hope he dies some heroic, but ultimately meaningless death ala Martouf or Kawalsky...and it should also be very painful...

hee hee hee

BrenRen
August 24th, 2005, 02:48 PM
(((Token))) *sighs and settles in for a few moments of indulgent shipping*
Oh to be in ATs shoes!! ;)
If I were in AT's shoes, we'd have seen a decent resolution to the ship starting about a year and a half ago, there never would have been the ship-waste-land of season five and a lot of six... and seven till the second half, come to think of it...

<Sigh> What I'd give to be in AT's shoes...

sueKay
August 24th, 2005, 02:57 PM
If I'd been in AT's shoes...the events of the Broca Divide would have been the norm, only more sedate :P :D ;)

sueKay
August 24th, 2005, 03:06 PM
Ah...

*sits down on a big, comfy bean bag*

*gets herself a tia maria and coke*

Oh bliss...now THIS is the way to celebrate 3500 posts! :D

Somnium
August 24th, 2005, 03:24 PM
Somnium..what I do when I'm stuck, is I imagine a scene that I want to happen later in the fanfic...then I work out how I'm going to get there, rather than rambling on aimlessly like I used to do.

Thanks that was really helpfull Im back on a roll again now nearly another page done.

Oh and..............

http://bestsmileys.com/fireworks/7.gifCongratulations 3500http://bestsmileys.com/fireworks/7.gif

raises a glass to SueKay

sugarshaker
August 24th, 2005, 03:29 PM

It is the BLUE with PURPLE chips and TURQUOISE and INDIGO sprinkles on top SHIPPER COOKIE – This cookie will help get rid of PMS (PostMoebiusSyndrome) and will allow shippers to return to their usual POSITIVE, LOVING BUNCH.

HALLELUIAH OUR SHIP HAS COME IN SHIPPER COOKIE – this is a WEDDING WHITE shipper cookie and is eaten in joyful celebration when Sam and Jack finally admit their feelings to one another and decide that they should be together.

What great new cookies! I think I'll go straight for the white ones. :)

Watters87
August 24th, 2005, 03:30 PM
I'm just after seeing this on SG1-Spoilergate. Thank Morjana for posting it on SG1-Spoilergate and Dove on the Yahoo rdandersonfans group for taking the time to type up this transcription. It is the frontispiece from The Stargate SG-1 Illustrated Companion for Seasons Seven and Eight...written by Richard Dean Anderson-

[Major Snippage]

Little story from Amanda Tapping from "Threads":

AT describes how filming Jacob's deathbed scene reminded her of
attending the death of her own step father about 12 months
previous. She started to cry off camera and couldn't stop.
Eventually pulling herself together she went to the observation room
to film a scene with RDA, AT says - `We're getting ready for this
little scene between Carter and O'Neill, which is quite wonderful
and some interesting things are brought to bear. Rick turned to me
and said `You're not crying are you?' and I went, `Yes, I am'. And
he replied, `I hate it when you cry, I hate it'. And it was just the
perfect prelude to the little scene between us'.

If you are a member of SG1-Spoilergate, there are some more excerpts from Stargate SG-1 The Illustrated Companion Seasons 7 and 8. Rick goes on to say why he never does conventions and he explains his famed 'What', excuse me' or `Huh? expressions when techno babble is involved. It is post No. 18791.

gatebee
August 24th, 2005, 03:35 PM
Ah...

http://bestsmileys.com/fireworks/3.gif CONGRATULATIONS SUEKAY 3500 POSTS http://bestsmileys.com/fireworks/3.gif

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v205/FilBrit1/sg1/7272678c.jpg

sugarshaker
August 24th, 2005, 03:35 PM
Does anyone know what's going on with the search function? Whenever I try to see all posts by xxx, I get a message saying that searching is disabled. I hope they get it back soon. :S

Edited to add: Never mind. I just came across the notice about it. Figures that it's some kind of technobabble thing.

sueKay
August 24th, 2005, 03:48 PM
Thanks guys :D

Sugar Shaker - go to the top of the page and read the topic in the bright yellow and that will explain it all :D

Somnium
August 24th, 2005, 04:00 PM
I'm just after seeing this on SG1-Spoilergate. Thank Morjana for posting it on SG1-Spoilergate and Dove on the Yahoo rdandersonfans group for taking the time to type up this transcription. It is the frontispiece from The Stargate SG-1 Illustrated Companion for Seasons Seven and Eight...written by Richard Dean Anderson-

[Major Snippage]

Little story from Amanda Tapping from "Threads":

If you are a member of SG1-Spoilergate, there are some more excerpts from Stargate SG-1 The Illustrated Companion Seasons 7 and 8. Rick goes on to say why he never does conventions and he explains his famed 'What', excuse me' or `Huh? expressions when techno babble is involved. It is post No. 18791.

That is just such a damn cute story :) It made me go and read the reast of the post and its nice to hear the comments RDA made, even his writing is humorous but inteligent.

gatebee
August 24th, 2005, 04:12 PM
That is just such a damn cute story :) It made me go and read the reast of the post and its nice to hear the comments RDA made, even his writing is humorous but inteligent.

wow thank you ... can you post more since I can't find the site
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v205/FilBrit1/080e6fe4.jpg

Oma-1
August 24th, 2005, 04:18 PM
If they bring back Pete...I hope he dies some heroic, but ultimately meaningless death ala Martouf or Kawalsky...and it should also be very painful...

hee hee hee
I second that :D :D :D :D :D :D

My brain shorted there for a mo - so happy was I with thoughts of :eek: 's demise, I completely forgot what happened to Kawalsky! I don't wish that on him (he might survive :eek: ).

nell
August 24th, 2005, 04:25 PM

Me, too!!! Me, too!!! Please post the excerpt or direct link!!! I went to Spoilergate site and it had spoilers on the homepage that I didn't want to see!! Plus, that joining thingy! Oy, maybe I'm lazy tonight! Please spoil me, I mean, not spoilers but spoil as in link me!!! thanks a bunch! ;)

Oma-1
August 24th, 2005, 04:28 PM
Okk, so
Oma-1,

May I have the cookie for the PMS (postmoebiussyndrome) ?? :o

I really need it ! :eek:
Of course you may Josephine. Just bow at the Altar and praise Ship Nana for her wonderfulness in supplying them :D

(just don't feed any to the penguins :p ... btw, what doeshappen if you feed them to the penguins????)

nell
August 24th, 2005, 04:32 PM
http://bestsmileys.com/fireworks/3.gif CONGRATULATIONS SUEKAY 3500 POSTS http://bestsmileys.com/fireworks/3.gif

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v205/FilBrit1/sg1/7272678c.jpg

gatebee, I had to borrow your fireworks to wish sueKay congratulations!!!

sueKay, YOU ROCK!!!!!

Somnium
August 24th, 2005, 04:35 PM
wow thank you ... can you post more since I can't find the site

Me, too!!! Me, too!!! Please post the excerpt or direct link!!! I went to Spoilergate site and it had spoilers on the homepage that I didn't want to see!! Plus, that joining thingy! Oy, maybe I'm lazy tonight! Please spoil me, I mean, not spoilers but spoil as in link me!!! thanks a bunch! ;)

Okay hopefully this link will work for you if not Ill post the whole exerpt, Enjoy :D

http://tv.groups.yahoo.com/group/SG1-Spoilergate/message/18791

sueKay
August 24th, 2005, 04:41 PM
((((nell))))

I rock as in I like rocks?

j/k :D

Watters87 - Im going to get more spoilers just now since I'm in that group...be back in a mo'

Shipaholic
August 24th, 2005, 04:42 PM
I have a sig! I never thought it would happen (I'm not very good with pics). :p Thank you Suekay!

Oma-1
August 24th, 2005, 04:42 PM
Ah...

Oh bliss...now THIS is the way to celebrate 3500 posts!

I hope you had gooey chocolate cake to go with that :D

http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/7/7_4_15.gif

nell
August 24th, 2005, 04:45 PM
Okay hopefully this link will work for you if not Ill post the whole exerpt, Enjoy :D

NOPE, it didn't work!!**sniff, sniff**

Cathain Nottingham
Congrats Sue!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (((((((((((())))))))))) I've got one of my favorite icons here but I'm not sure if I can post it...sorta spoiler-y *looks around*

sueKay
Aw! That is so sweet! I suggest EVERYONE read this...it's not shippy, but it just shows what a lovely man RDA is.

Rogue
August 24th, 2005, 04:52 PM
CONGRATULATIONS SUEKAY!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v474/mkmoulder/Stargate/sam-3500.jpg

Somnium
August 24th, 2005, 05:01 PM
Okay so Im thinking maybe you have to be a member of the group to get in 'cos it works for me just fine. So heres the whole article, its long but well worth it :D

With many thanks to Dove from the Yahoo rdandersonfans group, for
taking the time to type up this transcription of the frontispiece
from The Stargate SG-1 Illustrated Companion for Seasons Seven and
Eight...written by Richard Dean Anderson.

Excerpt from Stargate SG-1 The Illustrated Companion Seasons 7 and 8
By Thomasina Gibson

Dear T

These are stream of conscious missives, begun on impulse and ending
when I lose interest in hearing my own voice in my head or when I
get hungry. Do with them what you will….

On a day in a western state of the Untied States, inordinately cold
and rainy, I would set out to infuse the Internet waves with some
sensible sentiments about the past eight years of my life. Failure
to do so would be failing the request of someone who has grown to
become a dear friend and confidante. Thomasina Gibson has asked me
to contribute to her book in anyway I could. (Synonyms for ask:
plead, beg, threaten, harass, bargain, beat). When not working I
have a hard time getting out from under my rock, so I feel it is
terribly unfair of her to be so damned polite when actually making
her request. The girl is plagued with what I perceive to be
terminal politeness, and it is downright disarming when she arrives
in Vancouver , bats her sleep deprived, puppy dog eyes at me and
broguishly utters, `Richard, wood yew doo thas far may, plas?' The
woman is ruthless. But a promise is a sign that I'll give it a shot.

`Anything' she said…..

What I really want the universe to know about the experience of
Stargate, from my perspective is that I never had the slightest idea
of what was happening. In oh, so many ways, this was a good thing.
Giving me too much information about anything is asking for trouble.
I think the writers early on sensed that things were cluttered
enough in my head, and took pity, sending Amanda and Shanks on those
technology-addled journeys of verbose which both of them handle with
astounding panache and creditability. If I could stay with either
of them to their conclusion, I would generally be so exhausted that
the famed `What' or `excuse me' or `Huh?' would be genuine. Bless
the people who can talk.

Thus O'Neill, the Dense.

One nondescript day in the southern part of California, I was
attacked by a debilitating need to jot some notes down, more or less
serving as an attempt to reflect. I had come to this moment in time
when all things, lofty and base, seemed even and fairly neutral.
Such insignificant matters as, oh say, what to do with the rest of
my life, suddenly loomed as fairly unimportant given that I had come
to some sort of agreement with my soul that whatever manifest
destiny, whatever the ultimate course of action and subsequent
result, would in fact, please me. Throwing proverbial caution to
the wind had historically been a credo held firm and true. Mine has
been a life of selfish preservation, clamouring about the globe
indulgently seeking no more or less than the adventure curiosity
affords. To be from Minnesota is to be prepared to engage people
with kind intentions, honest reflections, and willingness to assist
others in need of assistance. We are also prepared for cold
weather. It was twenty nine degrees below zero the day I was born;
my mother said, `That was just typical'.

So after eight year of regularly anticipating a re-entry into the
workforce after February of any given season, I sit here now
seriously contemplating life without Stargate. Gone is the social
and creative environment that has always been a cherished part of
any job I have held. I have relied upon `the set' to afford me the
comfort zone, the protected community in which I could romp and
play, create and collaborate, sass and support, hide and confide,
and indulge in the most cherished commodity of all: Laughter.

Without meaning to cast a pall on the festivities, I will say that
time and distance tends to whittle away at relationships, and the
intensity of the wonderful evolution of potential seems to naturally
diffuse. What I sense by the nature of the friendships sown and
nurtured on planet Stargate is that I am understood and that which
has been established will endure, even with time and at a distance.

And, from what I understand, it is easier to get work done when I'm
not around.

Other excerpts from the book that maybe of interest:-

RDA is asked about the possibility of attending a convention, his
reply - `Are you kidding me? You know what I'm like round people. I
get tongue-tied. I can't imagine they'd want to hear anything I
have to say. What would I say? I get nervous. `I'm not saying `No'
I'm saying it's not really me'.

And also a little story from Amanda Tapping from "Threads":

Dove

gatebee
I have a sig! I never thought it would happen (I'm not very good with pics). :p Thank you Suekay!
Shipaholic very nice sig. SueKay makes very lovely sig. She made my very first sig
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v205/FilBrit1/gbeee.jpg

nell
Aw! That is so sweet! I suggest EVERYONE read this...it's not shippy, but it just shows what a lovely man RDA is.

NOPE, not a direct link!!

gatebee
August 24th, 2005, 05:02 PM

SueKay thank you for trying but non members like me cannot access it.

gatebee
August 24th, 2005, 05:13 PM
Okay so Im thinking maybe you have to be a member of the group to get in 'cos it works for me just fine. So heres the whole article, its long but well worth it :D

Dove

thank you ... could you post this at the rda thunk thread
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v205/FilBrit1/sg1/PDVD_014.jpg

nell
August 24th, 2005, 05:18 PM
MANY THANKS, Somnium for the excerpt!!!

RDA is disarmingly funny, sensitive, modest and kind!!!! I want him!!!! ***with wild abandon she clicks herself to the RDA/Jack Thunk Thread for major SQUEEING***

Cathain Nottingham
August 24th, 2005, 05:25 PM
Okay I sent this to SueKay as her congrats on 3500 posts and she told me to post it here too :D

If anyone steals just please credit icon_ascension

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b21/cathain_n/fiddlesticks1-icon_ascension.gif

sueKay
August 24th, 2005, 05:31 PM
One thing that bothers me about the RDA article is his last sentence...sounds to me that he's a bit miffed.

"And, from what I understand, it is easier to get work done when I'm
not around."

GateBee - I actually made your sig using Paint believe it or not!!!

gatebee
August 24th, 2005, 05:36 PM
Okay I sent this to SueKay as her congrats on 3500 posts and she told me to post it here too :D

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b21/cathain_n/fiddlesticks1-icon_ascension.gif
RLOL ... thank you for that. So perfect for how we feel about our ship and the spud

gatebee
August 24th, 2005, 05:40 PM
One thing that bothers me about the RDA article is his last sentence...sounds to me that he's a bit miffed.

not around."

wow you did it with paint.... claps and bows and marvels at talent
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v205/FilBrit1/sg1/PDVD_008.jpg

nell
August 24th, 2005, 05:43 PM

not around."

sueKay, honey, that's his sarcastic humor!! He's joking!! :D :D

sueKay
August 24th, 2005, 05:47 PM
*takes a bow*

gatebee - That was at a time when my computer was throroughly infested with Spyware...none of my programs were working and I had to go about doing single pixel editing (ie. zooming in as much as possible and changing every pixel by hand)

Now all my programs are in working order and I'm getting a hang of my newer ones!

Nell - I don't think so...There's no exclamation mark and it's at the end of the article, almost as an afterthough...normally I save what I really want to say until last as that's the bit that normally lingers in a person's mind.

nell
August 24th, 2005, 06:12 PM
sueKay, IMO if this was an interview then maybe this would be an insight into his perception of his place among the cast and crew. But, because this is a foreward to a book, those tend to be positive thoughts, feelings, and opinions. And, I think his earlier words are the key to his reflections about his Stargate career and working relationships. He was refering to friendships made and enduring the separation that his absence has created. So, that's why I think he's being sarcastic; he's joking!! That's MO and I'm sticking to it!!;)

gatebee
August 24th, 2005, 06:14 PM
*takes a bow*

gatebee - That was at a time when my computer was throroughly infested with Spyware...none of my programs were working and I had to go about doing single pixel editing (ie. zooming in as much as possible and changing every pixel by hand)

Now all my programs are in working order and I'm getting a hang of my newer ones!

Nell - I don't think so...There's no exclamation mark and it's at the end of the article, almost as an afterthough...normally I save what I really want to say until last as that's the bit that normally lingers in a person's mind.
SueKay my caps I am doing now with paint and I can'r even control how big the pic I get. When I am capping it at paint they look big. But onces I post them on GW they are alot smaller

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v205/FilBrit1/sg1/1aab4907.jpg

nell
August 24th, 2005, 06:15 PM
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y209/cilljill/Jafac-by-Galaxy-cj-copy.gif

In celebration of my 600 POSTS, I present my first PhotoShop creation!!! Credit to Galaxy for the pic!! :D Those are my words!!!! :p :p

Cathain Nottingham
August 24th, 2005, 06:17 PM

In celebration of my 600 POSTS, I present my first PhotoShop creation!!! Credit to Galaxy for the pic!! :D Those are my words!!!! :p :p

Congrats! 600! You're beating me that's for sure!!

Somnium
August 24th, 2005, 06:29 PM
Ok shippers its time to go now 'cos if i dont Ill never finish this next chapter of my fic. Hope you all have pleasent Sam and Jack shippy dreams, nightie night.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v475/Shelby_SG1/untitled.jpg

ses110
August 24th, 2005, 06:31 PM
Billie great point.I would be very surprised if RDA is not in the episode and I would be shocked if we get no Sam and Jack Ship.TPTB will never hear the end of it.I'am not expecting a Boatload but there's no reason we cannot get some nice Shippy scenes.If RDA is in a couple of episodes in Season 10 it's very important RDA is in the Season Finale.I just hope the character is not one of Sam's long lost Man Friends.I need a break from those characters.It's going to be long way off until this episode Airs.IMO it's in TPTB best interest if they know RDA will be in the episode to annouce it as soon as possible.This will help generate a Buzz and get people to watch the episodes leading up to the finale.

Cathain Nottingham
August 24th, 2005, 06:37 PM
Okay this is going to sound *INSANE* I know but I still need to ask. I need some high-quality Sam / Jack images, preferably kissing. All of mine are screen caps so they don't have a very good resolution.

sueKay
August 24th, 2005, 06:38 PM
GateBee - If you're saving them in BMP format...Photobucket will be resizing them automatically...

do a google search for:

FASTSTONE IMAGE VIEWER

It's one of the best freeware programs around.

gatebee
August 24th, 2005, 06:41 PM

CONGRATULATIONS NELL 600 POST
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v205/FilBrit1/sg1/PDVD_116.jpg

sueKay
August 24th, 2005, 06:42 PM
Cathain - I get mines from http://www.stargatecaps.com

They're great quality!

sueKay
August 24th, 2005, 06:57 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v319/sueKay/nell.jpg

nell
August 24th, 2005, 07:09 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v319/sueKay/nell.jpg

(((sueKay))) thanks, I can't seem to give you the green!!!! ;) :D ;)

sueKay
August 24th, 2005, 07:25 PM
No probs Nell!

(((Nell)))

(((Shipper Family)))

BTW - I urge you all to join the RPG!

Night Night...or is it good morning????

Buc252
August 24th, 2005, 07:29 PM

Okay, you'd better give me six dozen of these, because that's just about how far into the dumps I am, as you all know.

On second thougth . . . make it twelve dozen. We're not even half way through the pseudo-season.

http://bestsmileys.com/angry1/17.gif
(Me, visiting the offices of TPTB)

http://bestsmileys.com/frustrated/4.gif
(Me, the rest of the time)

Cathain Nottingham
August 24th, 2005, 07:32 PM
I was just thinking...dude TPTB are such romantics! I mean look at what I made out of only a few pics!

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b21/cathain_n/samandjacklovint.jpg

Token
August 24th, 2005, 07:35 PM
If they bring back Spectulation S9
Pete...I hope he dies some heroic, but ultimately meaningless death ala Martouf or Kawalsky...and it should also be very painful...

hee hee hee

I second that :D :D :D :D :D :D

My brain shorted there for a mo - so happy was I with thoughts of :eek: 's demise, I completely forgot what happened to Kawalsky! I don't wish that on him (he might survive :eek: ).

Speculation THAT'S IT!! Pete will come back asking Sam for help as he reveals he is pregnant with an Asgard clone!! But that's just speculation! :p

Token
August 24th, 2005, 07:45 PM
Billie great point.I would be very surprised if RDA is not in the episode and I would be shocked if we get no Sam and Jack Ship.TPTB will never hear the end of it.I'am not expecting a Boatload but there's no reason we cannot get some nice Shippy scenes.If RDA is in a couple of episodes in Season 10 it's very important RDA is in the Season Finale.I just hope the character is not one of Sam's long lost Man Friends.I need a break from those characters.It's going to be long way off until this episode Airs.IMO it's in TPTB best interest if they know RDA will be in the episode to annouce it as soon as possible.This will help generate a Buzz and get people to watch the episodes leading up to the finale.

S9 "Crusade" Speculation I will be surprised that RDA IS in "Crusade". I don't think he will be in any other episodes this season, and if he is I just pray that he really wants to be in the episode. I couldn't take another "Origin" appearance. :(

Since this episode hasn't been filmed yet, maybe Shippers could write RCC and mention how it would be GREAT to see Sam and Jack in an established relationship. Couldn't hurt. :S

ses110
August 24th, 2005, 07:48 PM
Now there's a visual Token.I really hope the character is not Vala.Vala had enough screen Time this Season.It would not shock me if it's Vala.I really want it to be Jack.I really think something is going to happen to Sam and that may setup Jack's return in Season 10.I really do not want to wait for Season 10 to see Jack.Let's all keep out Fingers crossed.It will really make me feel better I stuck with Season 9 if it's Jack in the finale.

ses110
August 24th, 2005, 07:57 PM
Token I'am basing my Hope on the RCC and BW interview on Gatewold.It is still unclear but it sounds like BW asked RDA to appear in the Finale and it sounded like RDA agreed.This is the answer BW gave to RDA appearing in the Finale.I really hope someon ecan explain this Answer because I have no Clue: GW:And [what] about Rick? For the season finale, perhaps?

BW: We asked him, and I think as a favor to us, we asked him to, for the lack of a better word, endorse the series without him by appearing in it so it seems as though his leaving is just that.

sg-1fanintn
August 24th, 2005, 08:25 PM
Sam & Jack just dropped in to say:

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y128/newsgoddess/js14.jpg

Congratulations, sueKay, on 3,500 posts!
Congratulations, nell, on 600 posts!

mad_gater
August 24th, 2005, 08:47 PM
Oooh.. the possibilities are positively giddifying :D
LOL!!!! Yup! That's us shippers for ya! We reinvent the dictionary all the time!! :P:D

nell
August 24th, 2005, 08:48 PM
Sam & Jack just dropped in to say:

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y128/newsgoddess/js14.jpg

Congratulations, sueKay, on 3,500 posts!
Congratulations, nell, on 600 posts!

((((sg-1fanintn)))) Thanks, girlfriend!!!! ;)

Nikkirose
August 24th, 2005, 08:51 PM
Okay so I was bored and made a couple S/J creations, they have to be in link form cause of their size.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v603/Nikkirose/gracekawoosh.jpg

This next one I made just for Christy (getcarter) so she can use on her new webpage.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v603/Nikkirose/Metamorphbanner.jpg

mad_gater
August 24th, 2005, 09:51 PM
HOLIDAY SHIPPER COOKIES - contain a SPECIAL SHIPPER NUTMEG! (special shipper nutmeg - made up of regular nutmeg enhanced with MM's happy pills)

SHIP NANA'S PSYCHO SHIPPER COOKIES - which when dipped in the beverage of your choice allows all inhibitions to simply melt away!

MALA'S THUNK SHIPPER COOKIES – These shipper cookies, when eaten while looking at Mala’s genius creations of photos and other pictures, will allow shippers to thunk for the character of their choice (mostly RDA) and realize why they love Sam and Jack. I thunk, therefore I am!

MIE MEI'S SPECIAL HAPPY PILL SHIPPER COOKIES - They are made from the combined ingredients of mei mei's medicine cabinet. It allows shippers to be in a drugged induced haze to prevent them from losing their minds!

PALE GREEN SHIPPER COOKIE - used for medicinal purposes only by sick shippers - this cookie is full of Shipper Love and Ship Nana's chicken soup

PINK SHIPPER COOKIES - Increases Creativity and Brain Power for Shipping

GREEN SHIPPER COOKIES - Stops Pit-ranting and rant withdrawal and redirects focus to Ship

RED SHIPPER COOKIES - Makes ship lurkers into ship posters
(take the red pill, Neo-shippers)

BLUE SHIPPER COOKIES - Dreamy Shipper Bliss

PURPLE SHIPPER COOKIES - Warm and Fuzzy Shipping

ORANGE SHIPPER COOKIES - Disoriented Shipping

CHOCOLATE SHIPPER COOKIES - Rich and Luscious Shipping (especially when served warm - good for when nothing else will do) Also, for stocking up while on extended absenses from S/J Thread.

GRAY SHIPPER COOKEIS - Snarkiness Shipper Cookie

LIME SHIPPER COOKIES - gives the illusion of Shipper Greatness. They allow the Shipper to dream really BIG!!!!!!

NAQUADAH ENHANCED ANTI-RANTING SHIPPER COOKIES – If you have to eat these Shipper Cookies you are so desperate that you probably won't care what they are for.
P.S. - Disclaimer - Since these Shipper Cookies are probably radioactive please take the appropriate precautions when handling.

ROSY SHIPPER COOKIES - wipes out the memories of bad spoilers and dissolves the desire to read spoilers

SUBLIMINAL SHIPPER COOKIES – Makes TPTB believe that Ship was their idea

TURQUIOSE SHIPPER COOKIES - which are the super duper magnificent spectacular love enhanced shipper cookies

MOTION SICKNESS SHIPPER COOKIES - when eaten prevents motion sickness from TPTB shipper rollercoaster ride.

DARK RED SHIPPER COOKIES - These will stop Kinsey ranting and any feelings of queasiness related to any thoughts about Kinsey, such as a Kinsey-in-love-with-Sam thought

INDIGO SHIPPER COOKIES - helps us all remain blissfully ignorant of anything negative to our ship

MARGARITA SHIPPER COOKIES - It works on drowning your sorrows, or celebrating your shipper glee.

EVERY COLOR SHIPPER COOKIE - which erases shipper memories of all bad spoilers, episodes, and character appearances that depress shippers and replaces them with positive Sam/Jack memories. This shipper cookie was created in Honor of the 2nd ANNUAL CELEBRATION! ITS SHIP DAY JULY 28TH, 2004. It is guaranteed to keep all shippers in only the best shipper mood.

and the all time favorite:

YELLOW SHIPPER COOKIES – (HWMS)

Thor: Ah! I have wanted to sample Tau'ri foodstuff for sometime. Those yellow cookies look interesting...

Jack: Knock yourself out buddy!

*later*

Jack: Hey honey!
Sam: hey yourself! Where's Thor?
Jack: He wanted to try some of those cookies. The yellow ones, I believe
*realization dawns*
Jack and Sam: CRAP!!!!!

:P:D:P:D

mad_gater
August 24th, 2005, 10:08 PM
Ah...

*mixes SK a 200 proof grasshopper*

nothin' like a nice strong drink to celebrate! :D:D

majorsal
August 24th, 2005, 10:19 PM

i, too, thought the hug in heroes 2 was *massively* shippy! amanda and rick nailed that scene into one of the most romantic/beautiful/touching scenes i've ever seen shared between sam and jack (the other being grace kiss).

sally :)

mad_gater
August 24th, 2005, 10:32 PM

ROTFLMAO!!!!!!!!

gwenhwyfar
August 25th, 2005, 12:46 AM
Can anyone recomend any good PG-13 or under SJ fanfics? I figured who better to ask about SJ fics than SJ shippers :) .

Shameless promotion time- if anyone is interested, my fics are at fanfiction.net (too tired and lazy to put in link. Becides I don't know how) under the name Earllyn. And there are several SJ fics.

"yawns, looks at clock and sees it is 12:42 am" Ok, I'm off to bed. Be back tomorrow!

Alex_O'neill
August 25th, 2005, 01:23 AM
Token I'am basing my Hope on the RCC and BW interview on Gatewold.It is still unclear but it sounds like BW asked RDA to appear in the Finale and it sounded like RDA agreed.This is the answer BW gave to RDA appearing in the Finale.I really hope someon ecan explain this Answer because I have no Clue: GW:And [what] about Rick? For the season finale, perhaps?

BW: We asked him, and I think as a favor to us, we asked him to, for the lack of a better word, endorse the series without him by appearing in it so it seems as though his leaving is just that.

Yes i am still hope to view RDA in season 9 at the finale ep !

http://img228.imageshack.us/img228/2427/shippyglasses8dj.png

I will be optimistic when i read your spoiler ;)

Lya
August 25th, 2005, 01:52 AM
oh yeah, i hope to view RDA in season 9, too.
I am a big sam / jack shipper

and here is my first pic for you ...^^http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a18/Lya20/Kiss.jpg

gate_girl12
August 25th, 2005, 02:08 AM
Hey guys,

Couldn't stay away.
(((sueKay))) Tell your mum thanks for the hug! And thanks for the web advise, will get right on it.

(((Bren Ren))) perhaps I should clarify as this is my fault, I'm the one who started it. I was reading the winners of the Sam and Jack Fan Awards (which were posted ages ago, but I only just got around to viewing them), and I saw your name. Perhaps it should have been a BELATED congrats instead!!!

Good luck to everyone who has entries in the Stargate Fan Awards.

(((Oma))) emailed you back with regards to the storyline. Tell me what you think.

As for the ambigious statement regarding the surprise return of someone at the end of Season 9, it has to be Jack... who else could it be??? Unless Apophis returns... which he can't because he's dead. He is dead right??? I mean no one else can return that would have such a big impact on the show, not even :o Pete Potato Head. Jack will return as SG-1 step out of the Stargate, and he'll smile at Sam. She will break out into a huge grin, run down the ramp and into his arms. **sigh** I love happy endings.

Alex_O'neill
August 25th, 2005, 02:36 AM
Hey guys,

I love happy endings.

Yes me too i wish the end of season nine like this :o

RDA will be back ! :D

gate_girl12
August 25th, 2005, 03:08 AM
BTW (((sueKay)))

Got a chance to watch the Director's Series of Threads. Nothing shippy to write home about. starts off with them showing Teal'c, Bra'tac and the rebel Jaf'fa on Dakara. Then shows the scene when Pete meets Jacob, then the scene with Kerry and Jack in bed. If anything it was more anti-ship IMO :( I wish they'd shown the scene at Jacobs deathbed. **sigh** Oh well.

sueKay
August 25th, 2005, 04:21 AM
Aloha shippers!

Nikkirose - Nice piccies!!!! I was wondering if it was GetCarter on your site...haven't heard from her in ages!!! Say hi to her for me!!!!

Thankies for all the hugs/green/cake/alcohol!

hic!

sueKay
August 25th, 2005, 04:23 AM
(((gate girl)))

Thank you for doing the Directors series recon...I wasn't expecting anything in it...It's the commentarys that are normally shippy!

Silver
August 25th, 2005, 05:23 AM
As for the ambigious statement regarding the surprise return of someone at the end of Season 9, it has to be Jack... who else could it be??? Unless Apophis returns... which he can't because he's dead. He is dead right??? I mean no one else can return that would have such a big impact on the show, not even :o Pete Potato Head. Jack will return as SG-1 step out of the Stargate, and he'll smile at Sam. She will break out into a huge grin, run down the ramp and into his arms. **sigh** I love happy endings.

Ahh, that certainly sounds like an ideal happy ending to me, gate girl. ;)

shelsfc
August 25th, 2005, 05:28 AM
Congratulations sueKay on 3500 posts!!
Congratulations nell on 600 posts!!

gate_girl12
August 25th, 2005, 05:38 AM
Yes well, I'm a romantic at heart :)

Was watching a doc on one of the season 8 dvds were the interviewer for the late show (I think :s) was interviewing the cast and gave the cast a piece of paper with fan questions on it. Amanda read out one where one fan commented something along the lines of "Sam and Jack belong together. Kill Pete" and she made a funny face. Hehe, it was funny that they included that into the show.

Silver
August 25th, 2005, 06:08 AM

Conclusion:
Factor in that R.C. is the sole writer of "Crusade" and he will be directing it. He has 100% control of its outcome. Sounds like this boy is on a mission. The ship-potential for "Crusade" is less than zero. I love what R.C. writes, but I do not expect ship from him. I will be very happy if R.C. proves me wrong.

I can't believe you don't like the ship in Threads :(

Fair enough, a lot of RC's S/J ship revolves around Sam being distraught over someone else... but how else were they supposed to give us major ship without having one of them leave the military? (besides giving either a fatal injury/disease/virus/life threatening situation which has happened loadsa times) It was obviously a team decision to keep Jack in the military, not just RC's, so the only way he could really zoom in on the ship was through angst.

And was it unrequited in Threads? After all, Kerry chucked Jack because she knew he had feelings for Sam.

But it all depends on whether it is Jack in Crusade.
If so, I hope you end up both wrong and happy like you said! :) :)

Sir Ruff
August 25th, 2005, 06:14 AM
Hello everybody :) Haven't been here for awhile because I've been working on a little project as you can see under my screenname :D i'm here to invite you all to check out Horizon, you won't be dissapointed ;)

sueKay
August 25th, 2005, 06:44 AM
I signed up for your other forum ages ago, and never got my activiation thingy...But I'm going to pop over and check it out.

Hope you're not going to abandon us 'little people' :P :D

gate_girl12
August 25th, 2005, 07:03 AM
(((sueKay)))

I am liking your new sig. Where did you get the stargate font, its pretty cool???

keep experimenting, lookin good ;)

sueKay
August 25th, 2005, 07:09 AM
Gate Girl - try http://www.chevron26.com

You have to save it to your font folder, which is either in 'windows' or 'program files' if you use Windows.

trupi
August 25th, 2005, 07:21 AM
Good morning and good afternoon everyone! Sorry been busy at work and missed all the fun last night. When I went to the convention, I spoke to Don Davis and told him to let RDA that the most of the fans understood his reason for leaving and we will miss him. Don said "He would relay the message to Rick but RDA will be back at the end of the season". Now anyone who has met Don knows he loves to talk and he does not make up stories. He just tells it the way it is! That is how we knew he would also be back in two episodes before GW reveiled it. He said that Jack would be his boss now!

shelsfc
August 25th, 2005, 07:21 AM
SueKay, I've been trying to reply to your PM, but every time I try, my internet goes splat :rolleyes:

I'm not too bothered about the accomodation, although plush & extravagent is always nice :p but sure even a hostel would be alright. I suppose it depends on what's in the area. :)

sueKay
August 25th, 2005, 07:27 AM
Shel - Cheltenham is dear because of the race course...Now I'm all for room service, spas and gourmet food, but my bank account isn't!!!

SQUEE!!!!!!!!! Don S Davis wouldn't lie!!!!!!!!!

Billie
August 25th, 2005, 08:12 AM
Thought I'd dust this old pic story off for this special occasion!! :)

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a57/pcbillie/allegiance6.jpg
Hey Carter! What are the posting milestones again?

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a57/pcbillie/allegiance14.jpg
Well, according to my latest calculations we've got
Nell 600 and sueKay 3500

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a57/pcbillie/allegiance8.jpg
Well spank me rosie, our shippers are good!

Congrats you guys!! :D

BrenRen
August 25th, 2005, 08:19 AM
I tried posting my thoughts on that Heroes Hug yesterday, but GateWorld was hungry again...

I absolutely ADORE that *GIF, by the way!!!!!! THANX TOKEN!!!!

Yes, it's incredibly sensual, and terribly shippy... but I think it merits an even closer scrutiny... especially after I got lost for... um... well, I don't wanna admit how long I got lost staring at the
S-----------L---------------O----------W animation.............

But it was plenty long enough to remember just how *Bittersweet* that moment was for them, for us, and for the Ship. In my admittedly (okay, occasionally might be more accurate ;D ) humble opinion, it's *the* angstiest moment in all of ShipHistory.

Yes, Angstier than Point of View.

Yes, Angstier than Entity.

Yes, Angstier, even, than A$$inity.

Because this happened after you know who came onto the scene.

Side Note: In double-checking the timeline ‘cos I only just got up folks, I had another little “dawning moment” as I reviewed the ep titles for the end of season seven.

Just look at them, and think about *they* what they did to the ship.

Grace. Fallout. Chimera. Death Knell. Heroes 1, Heroes 2, Resurrection, Inauguration, The Lost City.

I’d do the in depth analysis here, but I’ve digressed enough. So save for another post, or have fun dissecting it yourselves… :D

Back to the subject at hand, the single most Angsty scene in the Ship. This is a moment that is Pure Sam & Jack. As soon as the words “When you were laying there…” escape Sam’s lips, there’s a shift in the scene. This was no subtle transition either. First Sam, choking on the very words, because there are so many personal feelings involved; you see it in her eyes, as she glances away, then back to Jack. Suddenly the Major is gone, and it’s just Sam, her heart laying bare for Jack and the world to see. There was the shift from Jack. First you see it in his eyes, then it sort of seeps down through his entire body. Gone is the battle worn Colonel, and all we see is Jack, hurting and needing just as much comfort as Sam so desperately needs but doesn’t quite know how to ask for. There is even a shift in the music (*Cue Shipper Theme Folks!!!) and even a slight shift of the camera angles for the rest of the scene.

Remember folks, I live, eat, breath, study, and work in theatre. It’s my job as much as my way of life to analyze these kinds of things. Again, this wasn’t a subtle shift; it wasn’t a big jarring unnatural shift, either. It was a very natural, very human, very poignant moment that was all about Sam & Jack, and nothing else.

[/HyperAnalysis]

I’m gonna sign off with another peak at that incredible moment… And Thanks again, Token, for creating and sharing this!! ((((((Token))))))))

And remember, folks: Sam & Jack ARE Together. And That’s That. :D

Somnium
August 25th, 2005, 08:23 AM
Okay so I was bored and made a couple S/J creations, they have to be in link form cause of their size.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v603/Nikkirose/gracekawoosh.jpg

This next one I made just for Christy (getcarter) so she can use on her new webpage.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v603/Nikkirose/Metamorphbanner.jpg

Love that second pic its so shippy :D

shelsfc
August 25th, 2005, 08:26 AM
Shel - Cheltenham is dear because of the race course...Now I'm all for room service, spas and gourmet food, but my bank account isn't!!!

SQUEE!!!!!!!!! Don S Davis wouldn't lie!!!!!!!!!

Yeah, my bank account would have a problem with it too....ah well :D

gate_girl12
August 25th, 2005, 08:26 AM
Ooooo, remind me to add Don S. Davis to my christmas card list..the big ol' softy.

K guys the new site is up and running. So PLEASE come and pay me a visit and don't forget to sign my guest book.

The link is below (http://members.optusnet.com.au/clevelan/Destinys labyrinth)

Cheers.

Somnium
August 25th, 2005, 08:38 AM
Isnt Don S Davis just a darlin! It makes me go all glowy and warm inside thinking RDA will be back at the end off the season. Im crossing all my fingers and toes that this is gonna all work out and we'll gate our well deserved S&J shippy scene :D

Billie
August 25th, 2005, 08:39 AM
I tried posting my thoughts on that Heroes Hug yesterday, but GateWorld was hungry again...

Yes, it's incredibly sensual, and terribly shippy... but I think it merits an even closer scrutiny... especially after I got lost for... um... well, I don't wanna admit how long I got lost staring at the

But it was plenty long enough to remember just how *Bittersweet* that moment was for them, for us, and for the Ship. In my admittedly (okay, occasionally might be more accurate ;D ) humble opinion, it's *the* angstiest moment in all of ShipHistory.

Side Note: In double-checking the timeline ‘cos I only just got up folks, I had another little “dawning moment” as I reviewed the ep titles for the end of season seven.

Grace. Fallout. Chimera. Death Knell. Heroes 1, Heroes 2, Resurrection, Inauguration, The Lost City.

I’d do the in depth analysis here, but I’ve digressed enough. So save for another post, or have fun dissecting it yourselves… :D

Back to the subject at hand, the single most Angsty scene in the Ship. This is a moment that is Pure Sam & Jack. As soon as the words “When you were laying there…” escape Sam’s lips, there’s a shift in the scene. This was no subtle transition either. First Sam, choking on the very words, because there are so many personal feelings involved; you see it in her eyes, as she glances away, then back to Jack. Suddenly the Major is gone, and it’s just Sam, her heart laying bare for Jack and the world to see. There was the shift from Jack. First you see it in his eyes, then it sort of seeps down through his entire body. Gone is the battle worn Colonel, and all we see is Jack, hurting and needing just as much comfort as Sam so desperately needs but doesn’t quite know how to ask for. There is even a shift in the music (*Cue Shipper Theme Folks!!!) and even a slight shift of the camera angles for the rest of the scene.

Remember folks, I live, eat, breath, study, and work in theatre. It’s my job as much as my way of life to analyze these kinds of things. Again, this wasn’t a subtle shift; it wasn’t a big jarring unnatural shift, either. It was a very natural, very human, very poignant moment that was all about Sam & Jack, and nothing else.

[/HyperAnalysis]

I’m gonna sign off with another peak at that incredible moment… And Thanks again, Token, for creating and sharing this!! ((((((Token))))))))

FAB post BrenRen!! The hug in Heroes shares the top shippy spot along with the observation room scene in Threads for me :p

gatebee
August 25th, 2005, 08:44 AM
Good morning and good afternoon everyone! Sorry been busy at work and missed all the fun last night. When I went to the convention, I spoke to Don Davis and told him to let RDA that the most of the fans understood his reason for leaving and we will miss him. Don said "He would relay the message to Rick but RDA will be back at the end of the season". Now anyone who has met Don knows he loves to talk and he does not make up stories. He just tells it the way it is! That is how we knew he would also be back in two episodes before GW reveiled it. He said that Jack would be his boss now!
wow that is amazing news. Sam must be preparing to welcome him to the new SG1 and then both of them can announce that they are and have been together for a year.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v205/FilBrit1/SamJack_FishEnd.jpg
pic fr Mala

BrenRen
August 25th, 2005, 08:45 AM
Top spot? For me... that would be.... the moment in D&C, during the flashbacks, when they flash back and forth between Sam & Jack, and they both suddenly just *know* why Jack won't, can't, leave Sam.

(And I'm still in the "He mouthed out "I Love You" in that scene Camp, folks! It's soft and subtle, and ya gotta want to see it, but if you do, IT'S THERE!!!!!!)

That is absolutely Hand Down my favorite Shippy moment of ALL TIME.

Fave Ep is still Point Of View, based on the simple fact that I just cannot watch that ep too many times. I've tried.

:D

sueKay
August 25th, 2005, 09:17 AM
Yup...D&C is one of the BEST moments of ANY ship EVER!

The looks in their eyes say it all...here's the version of Shipaholic's sig I made without the writing.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v319/sueKay/shipaholic2.jpg

josephine-paris
August 25th, 2005, 09:42 AM
Yup...D&C is one of the BEST moments of ANY ship EVER!

The looks in their eyes say it all...here's the version of Shipaholic's sig I made without the writing.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v319/sueKay/shipaholic2.jpg

I totally agree with you SueKay, D&C is really one THE BEST episode for the ship.

THey don't have to talk because they both know their feelings.

Hulabaloo
August 25th, 2005, 10:14 AM
D&C is totally the best ep for the ship.

Token
August 25th, 2005, 10:24 AM
You're welcome, BrenRen!!! It was definitely my pleasure creating that GIF! ;) I don't have a MPEG editor so I capped all the frames from that scene then Paint Shop-ed them. It was over 200 frames!! :eek: But well worth it!! :D Thank you for your analysis!! Spot on!! :D

Top spot? For me... that would be.... the moment in D&C, during the flashbacks, when they flash back and forth between Sam & Jack, and they both suddenly just *know* why Jack won't, can't, leave Sam.

(And I'm still in the "He mouthed out "I Love You" in that scene Camp, folks! It's soft and subtle, and ya gotta want to see it, but if you do, IT'S THERE!!!!!!)

That is absolutely Hand Down my favorite Shippy moment of ALL TIME.

Fave Ep is still Point Of View, based on the simple fact that I just cannot watch that ep too many times. I've tried.

:D
I didn't know this until someone brought it up a few months ago. I went back and capped that scene too. I am now a FIRM believer that he mouthed "I love you"!! This one is for you and all other Shippers/Thunkers. ;)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v334/Token04/DCJack200.gif

BrenRen
August 25th, 2005, 10:31 AM
Token, You so TOTALLY AND COMPLETELY ROCK!!!!

THANKS AGAIN FOR THE AWESOME ANIMS!!!!!!!

I know how painstaking that can be... but its a labor of love, isn't it!!

ETA: What I'd give to suck on that bottom lip!!!

THUNK!!!!!!!!!!

Sir Ruff
August 25th, 2005, 11:04 AM
I signed up for your other forum ages ago, and never got my activiation thingy...But I'm going to pop over and check it out.

Hope you're not going to abandon us 'little people' :P :D

It's gonna be hard, I can taste the power already :p

gatebee
August 25th, 2005, 11:14 AM
You're welcome, BrenRen!!! It was definitely my pleasure creating that GIF! ;) I don't have a MPEG editor so I capped all the frames from that scene then Paint Shop-ed them. It was over 200 frames!! :eek: But well worth it!! :D Thank you for your analysis!! Spot on!! :D

I didn't know this until someone brought it up a few months ago. I went back and capped that scene too. I am now a FIRM believer that he mouthed "I love you"!! This one is for you and all other Shippers/Thunkers. ;)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v334/Token04/DCJack200.gif
wow that is amazing 200 frames ....

galaxy
August 25th, 2005, 11:23 AM

[/HyperAnalysis]

Aaaaww...BrenRen, you said that so beautifully, that it almost made me cry. *sob*
I so want to give you green for that, but I can't!!! :rolleyes:

Hulabaloo
August 25th, 2005, 11:31 AM
Hey guys keep shipping!

Cathain Nottingham
August 25th, 2005, 11:48 AM
Hey guys keep shipping!

Congrats Hulabaloo on hitting 100 posts!!!!

Billie
August 25th, 2005, 12:41 PM
Rose tinted shipper glasses + a shippers overactive imagination
=
Hey Jake, buddy, dad, I can't do this anymore I gotta tell ya...
http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a57/pcbillie/Reckoning.jpg
I love your daughter THIS MUCH!!!
:) :) :) :)

Congrats Hulabaloo on 100 posts!! :D

Agent Scully
August 25th, 2005, 12:52 PM
WOW the gifs are awesome !! thanks for sharing !

lol yep, maybe he is saying " i love you".....

but, you know i don't imagine jack saying this kind of words..

sueKay
August 25th, 2005, 01:22 PM
WELCOME AGENT SCULLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Have fun and post lots!!!

Hulabaloo
August 25th, 2005, 01:35 PM
Ah thanks everyone!