PDA

View Full Version : Sam Carter/Jack O'Neill Ship Appreciation Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 [43] 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57

UhSir
August 20th, 2005, 02:03 PM
Hi guys. I see you resurrected my deceased thread. It was set up during some rough times on the regular ship thread. Troubles which have, mercifully blown over long ago. Naturally your all welcome to hang out if you like but I just wanted to say the party at the Sam/Jack Ship family Discussion thread is larger, been around longer and probably going to be a lot more fun with everybody in the same place and all. I've gone back there for my shipping and it's just a great place to be:)
Sure it is, but here we get to wear straw hats and flip-flops and sip on frothy, fruity drinks!

ses110
August 20th, 2005, 02:04 PM
I though Beachhead was great as well.I have to give TPTB credit.Sam's return was handled the right way..It may sound silly but I was glad to see Mitchell was not Buddy Buddy with Sam.The only thing I did not like was when Mitchell said the Band was back together.The Band is Jack Sam Daniel and Teal'c.Vala was good last night as well.I think Vala can work as long as it is not 5 or 6 episode in a row and Vala is not the main Star.I still would like to see Jack Sam and Vala together just once.I really think Sam and Jack are together.I think with Pete and Kerry gone and if the Regs are no longer an issue if Sam and Jack are still not together there idiots.I cannot image Sam and jck finally going Fishing and tna that's it.I cannot picture Sam and Jack saying lets wait a little longer to be together.If Sam and Jack are waiting for the perfect time it will never happen.

sueKay
August 20th, 2005, 02:58 PM
Cathain - I'm compiling a list of all the websites, pages etc run by the Shipper Family...I'm currently at the 2000 post mark in the archive, gathering up links as I go...I've set up the account and tweaking the layout as I go!

On Topic...

SAM AND JACK FOREVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cathain Nottingham
August 20th, 2005, 03:07 PM
Cathain - I'm compiling a list of all the websites, pages etc run by the Shipper Family...I'm currently at the 2000 post mark in the archive, gathering up links as I go...I've set up the account and tweaking the layout as I go!

On Topic...

SAM AND JACK FOREVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We shippers are a force to be reckoned with! Go S/J shippers!

sueKay
August 20th, 2005, 03:15 PM
I'm using a new snazzy online page maker and it keeps screwing up! Grr!!!!!

Think I'll set up a simple one in the near future and work on the fancy one later!

Anywho...Who's getting excited about 'Ripple Effect'???

BTW - What one is Barrett in??? Isn't Sam meant to mention that she's not single in that episode???

Cathain Nottingham
August 20th, 2005, 03:20 PM

Think I'll set up a simple one in the near future and work on the fancy one later!

BTW - What one is Barrett in??? Isn't Sam meant to mention that she's not single in that episode???

I'm trying to avoid spoilers this season on both SG1 and SGA

sueKay
August 20th, 2005, 03:31 PM
I'm avoiding the SGA spoilers...but I'm an SG1 spoiler junkie!!!!!

It's really strange when I look at the names of all these Atlantis Threads for characters I've never heard of!!!!!

galaxy
August 20th, 2005, 03:40 PM

Barrett will appear in "Ex Deus Machina". That is next week's episode! If she doesn't mention it to him...to whom else? Let's hope he asks her out once again...LOL

Cathain Nottingham
August 20th, 2005, 03:46 PM
I'm avoiding the SGA spoilers...but I'm an SG1 spoiler junkie!!!!!

It's really strange when I look at the names of all these Atlantis Threads for characters I've never heard of!!!!!

That's right, we had that talk about Maj. Lorne a little while back.

ses110
sueKay I cannot wait.The episode is next week.It may sound mean but I'am really looking forward to seeing Barrett get crushed again.I had it with the guest Stars falling for Sam and I hope this sends a message to Barrett to stop asking out Sam.I'am also looking forward to Ripple Effect.It would be great to have Jack in the episode but lets hope we get some great Ship talk through Sam and Janet.Things are starting to look up for this Season and if Jack is in the Season finale that would be the Icing on the cake.

Queen Eleta
This is from a song that I like, it's the second to last stanza.
This part of the song just seemed to fit the ship!

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a367/queeneleta/threadsp1.jpg
Sorry, Mr. Petey, it's not meant to be...

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a367/queeneleta/dcjs1.jpg
My heart is set on another you see...

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a367/queeneleta/spjack1.jpg
The wandering soul I was meant to meet....

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a367/queeneleta/woojskiss1.jpg
Has finally come and swept me off my feet!!

100 points to anyone who knows this song. Well, at least some green.
~hint~ I changed 'Mr. Kholi' to 'Mr. Petey'. No Googling!! :D

Token
August 20th, 2005, 03:48 PM
http://bestsmileys.com/birthday1/10.gif
http://bestsmileys.com/birthday1/7.gif
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v334/Token04/Ship%20Day/JackFaceHug2.jpg
JACK: I wonder if this is what it would feel like to hold Bev. ;)
May all your Shipper/Thunker dreams come true!!!
:D

http://bestsmileys.com/birthday1/10.gif

ses110
August 20th, 2005, 03:49 PM
galaxy you can bet the House Barrett will ask out Sam again.You can count on Death Taxes and Barrett asking out Sam.Sam will be getting Married to Jack and he will still ask out Sam.Sam has shown no interest in this Guy and I would Love to see Sam set Barrett straight once and for all.

Cathain Nottingham
August 20th, 2005, 03:52 PM

No idea what song but fantastic application to SG1!!!!

galaxy
August 20th, 2005, 04:06 PM
galaxy you can bet the House Barrett will ask out Sam again.You can count on Death Taxes and Barrett asking out Sam.Sam will be getting Married to Jack and he will still ask out Sam.Sam has shown no interest in this Guy and I would Love to see Sam set Barrett straight once and for all.

ROFLMAO :D
Yeah...he doesn't give up. :rolleyes:
I'd love to see that too, ses!
Actually I'd love to see Jack telling him that! LOL :D
I don't think he would ask her ever again after that. :p

The good thing about this is, that this would be a good chance for us to hear Sam actually saying, that she and Jack are together. Just a little confirmation..that's all I'm asking for!!! *sigh*

amytay
August 20th, 2005, 04:22 PM
Mine is in Beneath the Surface when Jack says he remembers feeling feelings.

This is my favorite also, but especially when Sam says something like, "There are thing I like about this place." And then she leans on Jack's shoulder. They are in a miserable situation, but they are together.

And Hello. This is my first post.
Amytay

gatebee
August 20th, 2005, 04:26 PM
Glad to hear you're recovering! Take it easy! As for me, after watching Beach Head Sam's back and SG-1 is starting to look like a team!!! I'm feeling encouraged about some action and adventure coming our way!! :D
I love Beach Head. So glad Sam is back to save not only earth from the Ori but also making Stargate SG1 to a better ep this Friday

ses110
August 20th, 2005, 04:29 PM
Even better how about getting the Ori to talk to Barrett?One thing I like about the Ori is there is probably little chance the Ori will fall for Sam.Then again I would not put it past TPTB.I still have a bad feeling Baal will try to do something with Sam.I cannot take it if Baal pulls a Fifth and declares his Love for Sam.

Gargen
August 20th, 2005, 04:35 PM
when jack kisses here during the time loop

jckfan55
August 20th, 2005, 04:41 PM
My fave would be the kiss in WOO, while it's 'forgotten' by all but Jack (and maybe Tea'lc) I think it's nice to see that Sam was readily kissing Jack back in the Control-room even when he kissed her by surprise.

Well can you blame her? RDA/Jack, sigh. :) :D

nell
August 20th, 2005, 05:11 PM

Beautiful words and pics!!! :p **sigh** Bu...bu...but, no Google???? **stomps foot** :(

Cathain Nottingham
August 20th, 2005, 05:26 PM
I'm so proud of myself! I just wrote 3...count them THREE...brand-new S/J stories!

They're all song fics in one-way or another but 3 of them!

Okay - my self-appreciation is now over – back to your normal shipper conversation :D

gwenhwyfar
August 20th, 2005, 05:42 PM
Anyone mind if I join the conversation?

While as a diehard shipper I enjoy all the obvious moments (the kiss in Window of Opportunity, the confessions in Divide and Conquer, ect.), The moment that is my favorite is kinda weird.

It is in the episode Enemies. When they are walking through the Goa'uld ship and he asks her how she knows where to go? It ends with him saying 'You go girl'.
I know that seems like a weird moment to choose but to me it seens like such a classic moment. They are so at ease with each other, you know?

Gatetrixer
August 20th, 2005, 05:44 PM
Okay...I'd better explain the colour thing...

I'm designing the website for all of the shipper links and I just wanted to see what was the most popular colour, so I could make the site that colour.

Zat's all! :D

peridot?

Gatetrixer
August 20th, 2005, 06:07 PM
Finished watching my tape of "Beachhead." A few comments/questions. Whatshisname says to Vala, "You're not Colonel Carter." Then to Mitchell he says "You're not?...Is he?" Couldn't TPTB let him say "O"Neill?" Okay, at least he's being thought of. And then talked to by phone in the Landry/Sam scene. So Barrett will be in the next ep. What in the world is Sam wearing in the preview of the ep? Looks like something that I hope she wears for Jack. Cam called Sam by her first name again--okay they're supposed to know each other and are both the same rank, but wonder when she's officially in SG-1 again he will continue.

I hope Vala did survive, but have no hope for the guy she zatted.(oops.just found out Vala ringed him out after zatting) Unless Mitchell or Landry will start doing something more she supplied badly needed humor (when not overdone). Not a bad episode mainly because of Sam's return, but I really can't take too much of this "churchy" (for lack of a better term) music always playing when the Ori are there. Still can't figure out if Beau always talks like that or is just playing general.

Sorry, for got to use spoilers at first.

Buc252
August 20th, 2005, 06:19 PM
Ooh... Thanks for sharing the Piccies, Gatebee!

Hmm... Sam's hair looks great! I've always liked the slightly longer hair on her, like the early part of season four.... This Sam-hair is very reminiscent of that time... which just happens to also be the shippiest season in Stargate history... Gotta mean something... Oh, I know what it is... She just beamed out of Jack's office in D.C. (told you those Asgard Transporters were pretty Handy-Dandy!) and into Stargate Command, just outside Landry's office. The mussed hair is from their steamy farewell embrace!

Well That's My Story. And I'm Stickin' To It!!

Sam & Jack ARE Together Forever!! So THERE! :D :P

Can't say I loved the hair. In the two pictures I saw, it looked like a rats nest. (Sorry, just my opinion.) Somebody, quick, call "What Not to Wear"!! (They can do Vala's clothes and Sam's hair! LOL) But, on the other hand, if it was only like that 'cause she just rolled out of bed with Jack, I could forgive it. Heaven knows, if it were me, I'd want to eke out every little second with him! ;)

Buc252
August 20th, 2005, 06:34 PM
Okay, I don't think this is OT, but . . .

Can somebody put me into contact with the shipper who runs the place that has the "ShipperTown" merchandise?

Thank you!

BrenRen
August 20th, 2005, 07:02 PM
Even better how about getting the Ori to talk to Barrett?One thing I like about the Ori is there is probably little chance the Ori will fall for Sam.Then again I would not put it past TPTB.I still have a bad feeling Baal will try to do something with Sam.I cannot take it if Baal pulls a Fifth and declares his Love for Sam.
ROFLMAO!

If Ba'al pulls a fifth... Yup, still in the gutter.... Quick, someone put up some hot Sam & Jack pics!

BrenRen
August 20th, 2005, 07:16 PM
I wonder if this will work, or if Gateworld is going to enjoy it for a late night snack... So Far, So Good...

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a63/BrenRen1/EloquenceSm.jpg

Ahhh... That's Better!

Cathain Nottingham
August 20th, 2005, 07:22 PM
I wonder if this will work, or if Gateworld is going to enjoy it for a late night snack... So Far, So Good...

Ahhh... That's Better!

Very nice!

trupi
August 20th, 2005, 07:25 PM
ROFLMAO!

If Ba'al pulls a fifth... Yup, still in the gutter.... Quick, someone put up some hot Sam & Jack pics!
In what episode did Ba'al show interest in Sam? (I'm sorry I missed it or it went over my head) Next -that is so HOT of a post. If GW takes it away, may Ba'al torture them for a millenium! Copyright it and sell it! I be the first on line. Fab pic! :D

BrenRen
August 20th, 2005, 07:31 PM
In what episode did Ba'al show interest in Sam? (I'm sorry I missed it or it went over my head) Next -that is so HOT of a post. If GW takes it away, may Ba'al torture them for a millenium! Copyright it and sell it! I be the first on line. Fab pic! :D
I just went back through the FAQ's, cause I'd forgotten they'd tightened the pics rules here... but this isn't a manip of anyone, it's just a cropped cap from Hathor and a cropped cap from Chimera, with the Grace kiss... on a Netu background... Jeeze, I hope I didn't offend!

As for Ba'al...it was a joke, not something that's happened or expected to happen... fearing the worst, perhaps... but it's not a spoiler or anything like that!

Queen Eleta
August 20th, 2005, 07:39 PM
Beautiful words and pics!!! :p **sigh** Bu...bu...but, no Google???? **stomps foot** :(

Ok, a hint just for you. From a movie musical that came out last year.

gwenhwyfar
August 20th, 2005, 07:41 PM
Can't say I loved the hair. In the two pictures I saw, it looked like a rats nest. (Sorry, just my opinion.) Somebody, quick, call "What Not to Wear"!! (They can do Vala's clothes and Sam's hair! LOL) But, on the other hand, if it was only like that 'cause she just rolled out of bed with Jack, I could forgive it. Heaven knows, if it were me, I'd want to eke out every little second with him! ;)

"What Not to Wear"! Ha! Anyway, I'm new and I just had to join in this conversation. I kinda think Sam looks better with her hair longish, like in season 4. And it would probably look good wavy too...if she used some leave-in conditioner.
I think I'll pass on commenting on the 'reasons' people are giving on why Sam's hair may have been in that condition...except to say "If only!"

This may be OT but I have to ask. Just what does the color Peridot look like? This has been bugging me since I heard it mentioned on the show.

trupi
August 20th, 2005, 07:46 PM
I just went back through the FAQ's, cause I'd forgotten they'd tightened the pics rules here... but this isn't a manip of anyone, it's just a cropped cap from Hathor and a cropped cap from Chimera, with the Grace kiss... on a Netu background... Jeeze, I hope I didn't offend!

As for Ba'al...it was a joke, not something that's happened or expected to happen... fearing the worst, perhaps... but it's not a spoiler or anything like that!
It's great and I knew where you got the caps. I don't think you offended anyone but I not the one to speak on offending! But- Make lots more! :p

mad_gater
August 20th, 2005, 07:50 PM
LOL! Actually, I've kind of returned to older eps for inspiration. I am thinking about a series of "episode epilogues" to show what the real relationship was behind the scenes... In my crazy little imagination, I have them doing the dirty deed starting somewhere around Entity or maybe Tangent and continuing until they have a huge fight or something which resulted in the "Ep That Shall Not Be Named" and the resulting potatohead series of disasters.

Okay, yes, I am on muscle relaxers and this brilliant idea struck me while hooked up to an electrical current and a heating pad during physical therapy today... *shakes head*

It's all a pipe dream at the moment. Work and real life has kept me from writing too much lately and the fact that my website is running out of room and I need to revamp that first... *growl*

Okay, need more muscle relaxers...
Alrighty!!! I think you need to calm down some more......

*slides a 32 oz. glass of straight 150 proof vodka MM's way*

:D:D

Cathain Nottingham
August 20th, 2005, 08:07 PM
No doubt the joke has been made before but I’m bored and I was going through my pictures…anyway…

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b21/cathain_n/jackinthebox.jpg
Jack in a Box!

mad_gater
August 20th, 2005, 08:15 PM
And that would be....?

Hi mad_gater!!! :D
Check your PM for info on my "alternative method." ;):D

ses110
August 20th, 2005, 08:28 PM
Bren thanks for the Picture.I blame Fifth for giving me the Baal doing something to Sam Nightmare.Fifth gives all bad Guys a bad name.I also heard Baal is suppose to be Brainwashing some of the Jaffa and I have this Nightmare Baal will try to Brainwash Sam.Great I just gave TPTB an idea.The Ori are my hope for a no nonsense Villian.I guess after 9 Years of waiting for the Sam and Jack Ship I keep waiting for the other shoe to drop.I will feel much better when character like Baal and Barrett are gone.Maybe Thor can come up with a Device to make all Men have no interest in Sam except Jack.It's worth a try.

BrenRen
August 20th, 2005, 08:29 PM
Well... Since ya asked so nicely...

I've got one more for ya! :D ;)

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a63/BrenRen1/SensualMomentsSmall.jpg

I just love playing with Sam & Jack... they're so easy to work with! :D

nell
August 20th, 2005, 08:29 PM
Check your PM for info on my "alternative method." ;):D

Oy, I saw your PM! **head throbbing from instructions** :S I haven't had any computer science classes! This looks, um, complicated!! :eek: Could it be that since Hubby and I just enjoyed a glass of wine that my brain cells are not integrating and synapses are not firing?? I'll try the alternative another time! thanks, I think!! ;)

mad_gater
August 20th, 2005, 08:46 PM
Beachhead spoilers
I too felt that Sam and Jack worked together to set up that little scene in Landry's office and that felt nice. A little flashback to the good ol' days. This was the first episode of the season that I was actually excited to see. Not that I haven't enjoyed the season thus far, because I have, but this is the first time where I was actually counting the hours. It is so great to have Sam back. I wish that they had given her and Vala more interaction though. That had a lot of possibilities. And it would figure that the episode that I actually really like Vala is her last one. If they could have made her this way in the last 5 episodes I would have been happy to jump on the Vala fanwagon.

Also, as I was watching BSG tonight I couldn't help but compare how they are handling the Starbuck/Apollo angle vs. how the Sam/Jack stuff has been handled so far. I love that it's pretty much blatant how the two characters feel for each other and I love how everybody who's involved with the show admits as much and actually seems to be pretty pysched about that possible storyline. The actors are very vocal in their approval of it and the fact that they want those two characters to hook up. Sigh.
I like the Lee/Kara angle as well...;)

BrenRen
August 20th, 2005, 08:46 PM
And just one more before I crash...

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a63/BrenRen1/ColorizedPortraitofDesireSmall.jpg

Gotta love these meds, I have to give them credit every bit as much as the muse for these past few walls!

Sam & Jack ARE TOGETHER!!! FOREVER!!!

nell
August 20th, 2005, 08:53 PM

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a63/BrenRen1/ColorizedPortraitofDesireSmall.jpg

Gotta love these meds, I have to give them credit every bit as much as the muse for these past few walls!

Wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :p

gate_girl12
August 20th, 2005, 08:59 PM

My god, I am loving these pics. Keep em coming. :D

Queen Eleta
August 20th, 2005, 09:10 PM
"What Not to Wear"! Ha! Anyway, I'm new and I just had to join in this conversation. I kinda think Sam looks better with her hair longish, like in season 4. And it would probably look good wavy too...if she used some leave-in conditioner.
I think I'll pass on commenting on the 'reasons' people are giving on why Sam's hair may have been in that condition...except to say "If only!"

This may be OT but I have to ask. Just what does the color Peridot look like? This has been bugging me since I heard it mentioned on the show.

A peridot is a gem, it's also called an olivine. Here's a piccie.

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a367/queeneleta/peridot.gif

I'm full of all kinds of useless info!!

LOL4JACK
August 20th, 2005, 09:15 PM
*Cough*cough* So I've decided that I will celebrate each milestone post with an image and a song related to J/S.... so in honor of the 700 post :)

Sorry for not posting much, but RL is not giving me much time to spend on my laptop :( so happy Milestone for all shippers and Wooohooo for Beachead :p

Sam and Jack are together :p / Jack's song to Sam (pic from Mala)

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y219/cmb1009/Sam%20and%20Jack/threadsmanipMala.jpg

In My Life

There are places I’ll remember
All my life though some have changed
Some forever not for better
Some have gone and some remain
All these places have their moments
With lovers and friends I still can recall
Some are dead and some are living
In my life I’ve loved them all

But of all these friends and lovers
There is no one compares with you
And these memories lose their meaning
When I think of love as something new
Though I know I’ll never lose affection
For people and things that went before
I know I’ll often stop and think about them
In my life I love you more

Though I know I’ll never lose affection
For people and things that went before
I know I’ll often stop and think about them

ST-1
August 20th, 2005, 09:22 PM

Sort of a yellow-y light green, like the color of grass. Peridot is actually a semiprecious gemstone, the birthstone for August. Don't have any links for you, but if you google it, I'm sure it will come up. :) It's one of my faves...just one more thing I have in common with Jack! :D (We're both right-handed, too. And...well...that's about it. :p )

Cathain Nottingham
August 20th, 2005, 09:29 PM
*Cough*cough* So I've decided that I will celebrate each milestone post with an image and a song related to J/S.... so in honor of the 700 post :)

Sorry for not posting much, but RL is not giving me much time to spend on my laptop :( so happy Milestone for all shippers and Wooohooo for Beachead :p

Sam and Jack are together :p / Jack's song to Sam (pic from Mala)

[center]http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y219/cmb1009/Sam%20and%20Jack/threadsmanipMala.jpg

YAY! Congrats on the 700th post!

BrenRen
August 20th, 2005, 09:32 PM
Okay... I lied... one more...

And it's Shameless Self-Promotion Time!!

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a63/BrenRen1/Good_YearSmall.jpg

CoverArt for my fic, archived at the Sam & Jack Adult Site (http://sjnc17.stargate-brats.net/viewstory.php?sid=922), or at Fanfic.net (http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2542779/1/)for the underaged shippers!

Happy Fic-Ing!

nell
August 20th, 2005, 09:32 PM
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y209/cilljill/79eb47d5.jpg

JACK:CONGRATULATIONS, LOL4JACK, FOR 700 BIG, HONKIN' POSTS!!!!

gatebee
August 20th, 2005, 09:53 PM

Ahhh... That's Better!
lovely... they look so HOT together

gatebee
August 20th, 2005, 09:59 PM

http://bestsmileys.com/welcome/4.gif
gyewhwyfar

gatebee
August 20th, 2005, 10:12 PM

BrenRen , you are on fire tonight .... awesome

gatebee
August 20th, 2005, 10:15 PM

BrenRen, who ever is giving your meds... ask for more. These pics are just great. So , so HOT

UhSir
August 20th, 2005, 10:59 PM
It is in the episode Enemies. When they are walking through the Goa'uld ship and he asks her how she knows where to go? It ends with him saying 'You go girl'.

That has one of my favorite Sam-lines!!!
"Having a good time now, sir."

Shipaholic
August 20th, 2005, 11:55 PM
Originally Posted by sueKay
SHIPPER FAMILY COLOUR TALLY

GREEN - UhSir
RED - Gate_Girl12
BLUE - Gate_Girl12
AQUA - Suekay
YELLOW - Gatebee
PURPLE- Queen Eleta
MAGENTA - Galaxy
NAVY - Hulabaloo
PURPLE - Bren Ren
RED - sugarshaker
NOVA SCOTIA SALMON - nell (What? :D You asked!! :rolleyes: Hee, hee!!)
Silver- Cathain
Blue-Shipaholic

This sure is a busy forum. I leave for one day and there's 7 pages to catch up on. :p

Shipaholic
August 20th, 2005, 11:59 PM

Oh! I know that one *raises hand and waves it enthusiastically* :D
Bride and Prejudice!
Everyone needs to go see that movie now. I can't believe no one has gotten it.

sg-1fanintn
August 21st, 2005, 12:31 AM
Happy Birthday Bev:

Just for you... a new pic

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a138/gate_girl12/understanding.jpg

Have a good day. And remember...if you touch the bottom on the cake, you have to kiss Jack :d

Love that picture, gate_girl12! That ep is on in syndication this week. It's Sam and Jack at the end of Evolution, Part 2. I just watched it a couple of hours ago!

sg-1fanintn
August 21st, 2005, 12:35 AM
WHAT'S EVERYONE'S FAVOURITE COLOURS?????????????

I can't speak for everyone, but my favorite color is green.
My eyes are green (-ish with gray undertones)
My first car was green
Money is green!
Trees are green!
Sam and Jack looked GREAT while fishing at Jack's cabin with all of those green trees surrounding them!

I love green too! It's the color of my bedroom, my couch.....and Jack looks so great in his green BDUs! And blue BDUs are nice too.....plus, blue is the color of Sam's eyes......

pittsburghgirl
August 21st, 2005, 12:59 AM
I love green too! It's the color of my bedroom, my couch.....and Jack looks so great in his green BDUs! And blue BDUs are nice too.....plus, blue is the color of Sam's eyes......
me-i like purple.

sg-1fanintn
August 21st, 2005, 02:32 AM

GREEN - UhSir, sg-1fanintn
RED - Gate_Girl12
BLUE - Gate_Girl12, sg-1fanintn
AQUA - Suekay
YELLOW - Gatebee
PURPLE- Queen Eleta
MAGENTA - Galaxy
NAVY - Hulabaloo
PURPLE - Bren Ren
RED - sugarshaker

ADD YOUR NAME!!!!!!!!!!!!
Done!

Yeah...he doesn't give up. :rolleyes:
I'd love to see that too, ses!
Actually I'd love to see Jack telling him that! LOL :D
I don't think he would ask her ever again after that. :p

The good thing about this is, that this would be a good chance for us to hear Sam actually saying, that she and Jack are together. Just a little confirmation..that's all I'm asking for!!! *sigh*
Yes! That little confirmation is what we all want!

I'm so proud of myself! I just wrote 3...count them THREE...brand-new S/J stories! They're all song fics in one-way or another but 3 of them! Okay - my self-appreciation is now over – back to your normal shipper conversation :D
Wonderful, Cathain! But (* taps foot impatiently *) where are the links to those new stories? We always want new stories!

[http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a63/BrenRen1/EloquenceSm.jpg
Oh, yes, BrenRen.....these pics will do nicely! Sigh!

gate_girl12
August 21st, 2005, 03:07 AM
Okay... I lied... one more...

And it's Shameless Self-Promotion Time!!

CoverArt for my fic, archived at the Sam & Jack Adult Site (http://sjnc17.stargate-brats.net/viewstory.php?sid=922), or at Fanfic.net (http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2542779/1/)for the underaged shippers!

Happy Fic-Ing!

Oooooo, pretty. Me likies :)

shelsfc
August 21st, 2005, 05:34 AM

GREEN - UhSir
RED - Gate_Girl12
BLUE - Gate_Girl12
AQUA - Suekay
YELLOW - Gatebee
PURPLE- Queen Eleta
MAGENTA - Galaxy
NAVY - Hulabaloo
PURPLE - Bren Ren
RED - sugarshaker
SILVER - Cathain
BLUE - Shipaholic
GREEN - Shelsfc

*Starts to get nostalgic for the days of the great blue/Green debate*

Good times.... :D

LOL4JACK
August 21st, 2005, 06:53 AM
Hi everybody

Can somebody please please please please please read the latest fanfiction I'm busy writing. It is sort of action/adventure but I promise romance will show.

The story is about what would have happened if certain key events didn't happen in SG-1's live (courtesy of a Goa'uld changing the time line):
Stargate was never discovered - Catherine and her father was killed on the spot
Catherine therefore never got Daniel to assist with the Stargate program
Sam's mother wasn't killed in the accident therefore she never got things sorted out with her father. She married Jonas, killed him in self defense and landed up in jail.
Charlie never died, but Jack sorta raised him due to Sarah dying of cancer.
Teal'c served Anubis instead of Apophis, but found out in time what's up with his false 'god'.

The link is as follows: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2477801/1/

My e-mail address is [email protected]
NG, I just loved it... printed it yesterday and read :p

I hope you are not planning on stopping :eek: !

PS: Poor Sam...

Alex_O'neill
August 21st, 2005, 08:03 AM

GREEN - UhSir
RED - Gate_Girl12
BLUE - Gate_Girl12
AQUA - Suekay
YELLOW - Gatebee
PURPLE- Queen Eleta
MAGENTA - Galaxy
NAVY - Hulabaloo
PURPLE - Bren Ren
RED - sugarshaker
SILVER - Cathain
BLUE - Shipaholic
GREEN - Shelsfc
BLUE - Alex_O'neill

Hi Shippers family
I put my favorite color it's blue i can't live without blue :D :o

Ohh i like your beautiful pictures BrenRen i love it :cool:

dipsofjazz
August 21st, 2005, 08:41 AM
(((((((((((((((((((((((Shipper Family)))))))))))))))))))

:D Thank you all so much for the birthday wishes. I loved looking at all the pictures and collages. You guys rock! :D

I'm afraid I've run out of green, so if I've missed you I do apologize but I still love you all! :p

BTW, someone (Mary?) asked about who does the shipper shop. Sacme, our ship sistah, is the person you want to talk to. If you PM her, I'm sure she'll get back to you. :)

Queen Eleta
August 21st, 2005, 09:25 AM
Oh! I know that one *raises hand and waves it enthusiastically* :D
Bride and Prejudice!
Everyone needs to go see that movie now. I can't believe no one has gotten it.

Yep, you got it! :D Yes, everyone go watch it!! It's been on video for a month or so.
Oh someone said something about a blue/green debate, and that reminded me of a GIF on the shipper day thread about the Sniff Debate. I just watched that ep with the commentary on, and it was definitely a sniff, and something that RDA adlibbed. :D

BrenRen
August 21st, 2005, 09:45 AM
Yep, you got it! :D Yes, everyone go watch it!! It's been on video for a month or so.
Oh someone said something about a blue/green debate, and that reminded me of a GIF on the shipper day thread about the Sniff Debate. I just watched that ep with the commentary on, and it was definitely a sniff, and something that RDA adlibbed. :D
What sniff? What debate??

Gosh darn it, I missed it...

Give me a hint?

Queen Eleta
August 21st, 2005, 11:10 AM
What sniff? What debate??

Gosh darn it, I missed it...

Give me a hint?

In 'Chimera', Sam and Jack are in the elevator together and Sam leans past Jack to press a button and it appears that Jack sniffs her hair. Which, of course he does.

UhSir
August 21st, 2005, 11:26 AM
In 'Chimera', Sam and Jack are in the elevator together and Sam leans past Jack to press a button and it appears that Jack sniffs her hair. Which, of course he does.

Where was this debate? You mentioned a "shipper day thread." What is that?

LOL4JACK
August 21st, 2005, 11:32 AM
Where was this debate? You mentioned a "shipper day thread." What is that?
Hello UhSir, July 28th is celebrated as Ship day :p I'm sorry you missed it.

THis year was the 3rd annual ship day, we get together for 24hrs and celebrate like crazy S/J, this year we even had special guest :D Nell invitated most of our favorite fanfic writers, that's how Cathain came and stayed :p...but instead of telling you all about it :p better enjoy your reading, it was lots and lots of fun.

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=14709

sueKay
August 21st, 2005, 11:54 AM
Hello Shippers

*gets out the keys to the bar and grill...pours herself a double Tia Maria and Coke*

some days are sent to try us....

Anywho...

(((((((((((((((((BRENREN)))))))))))))))))))

LOVIN These Collages!!!!!

Cathain - I'm going to check out your fics in a wee moment :D

WELCOME ANY NEWBIES!!!!!

And....

UPDATED SHIPPER FAMILY COLOUR TALLY

BLUE - Gate_Girl12, Shipaholic, Alex_ONeill, SG1-Fanintn
PURPLE - Bren Ren, Queen Eleta, Pittsburghgirl
GREEN - UhSir, SG1-Fanintn, Shelsfc
RED - Gate_Girl12, sugarshaker
AQUA - Suekay
YELLOW - Gatebee
PURPLE- Queen Eleta
MAGENTA - Galaxy
NAVY - Hulabaloo
NOVA SCOTIA SALMON - nell (What? You asked!! Hee, hee!!)
SILVER - Cathain

...If I've missed you out...just let me know!!!!

And BLUE is in the lead!!!!!!!!!!!

UhSir
August 21st, 2005, 11:56 AM
Hello UhSir, July 28th is celebrated as Ship day :p I'm sorry you missed it.

THis year was the 3rd annual ship day, we get together for 24hrs and celebrate like crazy S/J, this year we even had special guest :D Nell invitated most of our favorite fanfic writers, that's how Cathain came and stayed :p...but instead of telling you all about it :p better enjoy your reading, it was lots and lots of fun.

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=14709

Ooooo, thanks!
** grabs laptop and sneaks off into the coat closet... **

NG.1
August 21st, 2005, 11:56 AM
Phew!!!

To all you guys with the nice "hot" pictures. Keep it up. Nice, but I almost feel like it should get a ratings warning for the way my poor shipper heart started beating.

sg-1fanintn
August 21st, 2005, 12:07 PM
More milestones for the Sam/Jack Ship Family!

Congratulations, LOL4JACK, on 700 posts! (((Carolina)))
Congratulations, Trupi, on 600 posts!
Congratulations, shipper hannah, for 600 posts!
Congratulations, Sugarshaker, on 300 posts!

Welcome, gwenhwyfar and NG.1!
Welcome back, Terrah!

Shipperahoy
August 21st, 2005, 12:08 PM

Oh heck yeah! There was definate sniffage. If I remember correctly even Feli said that there was sniffage and she's not even a shipper. Now if I could only get Major Clanger to admit that there was some sniffage in the corridor of the Gou'ald ship in Out of Mind. :D

sg-1fanintn
August 21st, 2005, 12:14 PM
Oh heck yeah! There was definate sniffage. If I remember correctly even Feli said that there was sniffage and she's not even a shipper. Now if I could only get Major Clanger to admit that there was some sniffage in the corridor of the Gou'ald ship in Out of Mind. :D

Gee, I never noticed any sniffage in Out of Mind.....but that was probably because I zeroed in on.....

Jack LEERING at Sam's naked back!

Twisted Angel (Sam_rules)
August 21st, 2005, 12:16 PM
Hey guy's :)

I thought I would pop in and say hi!

I haven’t been able to catch up yet with all the posts but I have seen some of the pics people have been posting. Very nice! :D I hope everyone who watched Beachhead enjoyed it. I haven't seen it and won't until whenever it airs in the UK. And I am not reading any spoilers for it either (it’s hard not to ;)). But I have heard from some of my friends who said it was good and it was great to see Sam back! So I can't wait to see it! :D

Anyhoo,

I doubt I will be around much (probably not at all) for the next 6 weeks or so because I am starting my placement tomorrow. And I will be doing full time and at any hour of the day. Plus my great uni decided that we should also have the joy of doing an assignment in those 6 weeks too!:S

I will miss you all. But hey, when I come back it will nearly be Stargate time for us UKers! :D

Sam and Jack forever! :D

~Tracey~

sg-1fanintn
August 21st, 2005, 12:29 PM
Hi, Twisted Angel! Good luck on your project for the next six weeks! Please check in with us if you get a chance. After Beach Head, I'm now optimistic that we may get some more shippy innuendo soon.....and you sure don't want to miss that!!!!!

And did you notice? Another milestone!!!

Congratulations, Twisted Angel, on 700 posts!

Til we see you again, take care! By the way, Sam and Jack have a message for you before you go.....

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y128/newsgoddess/Avatar2017.jpg

SAM: Did you hear? Twisted Angel is going to be away for six weeks working on a project.
JACK: I doubt it. With all the hints we have planned for the shippers in S9, she'll have to check in occasionally!

BrenRen
August 21st, 2005, 12:31 PM
There was a debate? Gee, I thought it was obvious to the whole galaxy....

As for Out Of Mind... that was a lot more than mere sniffage... that was full on snuggling and even a bit of nuzzling!

That's my story and I'm...

Oh never mind, you know the routine...

BrenRen
August 21st, 2005, 12:33 PM
Gee, I never noticed any sniffage in Out of Mind.....but that was probably because I zeroed in on.....

The sniffage/snuggle/nuzzle was well after the naked back ogling... Which was totally not fair for poor Sam, since she didn't get to enjoy NekkidJack!

I'm just sayin....

sg-1fanintn
August 21st, 2005, 12:34 PM
There was a debate? Gee, I thought it was obvious to the whole galaxy....

As for Out Of Mind... that was a lot more than mere sniffage... that was full on snuggling and even a bit of nuzzling!

That's my story and I'm...

Oh never mind, you know the routine...

Squee!!!!!

Silver
August 21st, 2005, 12:38 PM
Hellooo, shippers!! Been away again, unfortunately I always seem to miss more of this thread than I actually read... what the hey, that's RL for you!

Nice to see you're all as mad as ever :D
What's with the colour tally?

Twisted Angel (Sam_rules)
Hi, Twisted Angel! Good luck on your project for the next six weeks! Please check in with us if you get a chance. After Beach Head, I'm now optimistic that we may get some more shippy innuendo soon.....and you sure don't want to miss that!!!!!

And did you notice? Another milestone!!!

Congratulations, Twisted Angel, on 700 posts!

Til we see you again, take care! By the way, Sam and Jack have a message for you before you go.....

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y128/newsgoddess/Avatar2017.jpg

SAM: Did you hear? Twisted Angel is going to be away for six weeks working on a project.
JACK: I doubt it. With all the hints we have planned for the shippers in S9, she'll have to check in occasionally!
Aaawww thank you sg-1fanintn. I love the pic! :D

((((((((((sg-1fanintn)))))))))))

Well I am student nurse in this is my first placement. It's all new to me and you have so much to do in those 6 weeks! But yeah, I will try and pop in once or twice on days off if I can! Ooohh well I hope there are some shippy bits in some eps to come too. I am optimistic as well! :) Can't wait until October! :D

Thank you! :)

(((((((((((shipper family))))))))))))

~Tracey~

ses110
Out of Mind really brings back great memories.I remember thinking during the episode that Sam and Jack have really gotten close.It felt like I missed an episode.I was thinking that Sam and Jack were on there way to being together.Boy was I way off.Out of Mind and D&C really had me confused as far as the Ship.After both episodes I was thinking it will not be long until Sam and Jack are together.

Cathain Nottingham
August 21st, 2005, 12:42 PM
Wonderful, Cathain! But (* taps foot impatiently *) where are the links to those new stories? We always want new stories!

:D

I think I'm going to get at least one of them up today I've just got to run to the store first.

sueKay
August 21st, 2005, 12:42 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v319/sueKay/LOL4JACK.jpg

*looks at SG1-Fanintn's 'update' post*

I'll get started on the rest of these!!!!!!

I'm finally figuring out how to use my newest graphics program!!!!

As for the colour tally...just seeing which colour is most popular so I can make the shipper site that colour :D

LOL4JACK
August 21st, 2005, 12:55 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v319/sueKay/LOL4JACK.jpg

*looks at SG1-Fanintn's 'update' post*

I'll get started on the rest of these!!!!!!

I'm finally figuring out how to use my newest graphics program!!!!

As for the colour tally...just seeing which colour is most popular so I can make the shipper site that colour :D
Wow, Suekay, thank you so much.... it's so cool, can I keep it :p, although I can't use it on myself :(

SG1Fanintn, you are so great at looking for milestone post, I feel bad that I've overlooked some :( but I'l keep my eyes open for your 1000 soon !!!!!!!!

All, thanks also for the congrats... I love milestones :D, they are like birthdays... and cakes :p

Suekay, regarding the color poll it's hard for me to answer, it all depends on what, where, when :p why just one... but lets say that I'm in a green and white phase :p "nature" "mint" "jasmin"... with a touch of pink... flowers :p

BrenRen
August 21st, 2005, 01:00 PM
Out of Mind really brings back great memories.I remember thinking during the episode that Sam and Jack have really gotten close.It felt like I missed an episode.I was thinking that Sam and Jack were on there way to being together.Boy was I way off.Out of Mind and D&C really had me confused as far as the Ship.After both episodes I was thinking it will not be long until Sam and Jack are together.
Yes, the followup to those eps really sucked. Sorry, but that's how it feels, especially now looking back on the entire eight year course of the shiparc. The second half the series was a virtual ship wasteland, and what do they think will reddem it? Introducing an *Other* seven and a half years into the Ship? Bahh...

That's why I wrote "It was a Good Year" (no, I'm not self-promoting this time, honest!); I think up to the trip to 1969, Sam & Jack had built up a really strong, close friendship, with all those undercurrents running through building up our beloved UST factor.

Then, right after they get back from the past, we get Out of Mind/Into the Fire, the back ogling, the oh-so-shippy embrace in the coridor, and The Hug That Just Went ON And On And On...

A few eps later, Point Of View... then the debated HundredDays/ShadesofGrey Arc, as I've said before, those two are totally tied together in my ship-universe... They left some serious issues in that completely untouched, unless you look really closely... If you watch the eps after SoG, Sam does a lot of distance keeping between herself and Jack, and a lot of the time, poor Danny-boy was used a s a physical buffer between them. This went on until Daniel's disappearance in Crystal Skull.

Then we got the Fishing Invites of Nemesis and Small Victories... Uhh... Jack trying to make up to Sam? Then Upgrades, which left us feeling like we were missing something, then D&C hits like a sonic boom throughout the SG1 Fandom, and we at long last have the PROOF UNDENIABLE that Sam & Jack have something going on...

Window of Opportunity... Self-explanitory, and once again, Sam gets jipped, cos she has no *official* memory of the KISS!

Then...SHIP HEAVEN! Beneath the Surface!!

Then... SHIP HELL!! Entity!! Jack has to kill the woman he loves!!!!!! Oh, the ANGST!!!!

Then.... well, ummm..... Not a hell of a lot. Not until Paradise Lost in the end of Season Six. A couple of tiny hints here and there--"Welcome to my life!" from Sam in the Season Five Opener, Enemies.... The tiniest hint in Desperate Measure (one of the biggest wasted opportunities of that season, if not the entire series, right after Grace and Chimera and A$$inity, of course!).... A sniglet in "Frozen" when they send Sam in to talk Jack into taking the Tok'ra symbiote cos they knew he wouldn't be able to say no to her....

And that brings us to season seven. This was the make it or break it point, and for me they broke it. Starting with the Hallucination Conversation and all the way through to the present.

<Great Big Heavy Melodramatic Sigh>

I really wish TIIC had had the... gumption... to take the ship and run with it, boldly but with all due respect to the Air Force... After all, as I've said before... It's Frigging TV. Give them Presidential Permission to tie the knot, in consideration of the numerous times they've saved the planet, the galaxy, and even the entire flippiing universe as we know it, and let them get it on already!!!

Whew!

/ShipDisectionHyperAnalysis.

I'm gonna go bury my head back in fic writing for a while... And what the hey, I can't resist one more shameless plug.... I rewrote the Hallucination Conversation the way I so desperately wish we had seen play out on screen. LONG LIVE FANFIC!!!

SAM & JACK ARE TOGETHER!!! FOREVER AND EVER!!!

BrenRen
August 21st, 2005, 01:11 PM
Forgot to link the story! D'OH!

"Retifying Her Fall From Grace" is over here: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2541925/1/

Happy Shipping!

sg-1fanintn
August 21st, 2005, 01:11 PM
The sniffage/snuggle/nuzzle was well after the naked back ogling... Which was totally not fair for poor Sam, since she didn't get to enjoy NekkidJack!

I'm just sayin....

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y128/newsgoddess/OutofMindSamjack44.jpg

Ah, yes......THAT sniffage/snuggle/nuzzle......sigh!

galaxy
August 21st, 2005, 01:15 PM

That was totally not fair to US!!!! :p

LOL4JACK
August 21st, 2005, 01:23 PM
Now I'm prepared :D

Congrats BrenRen on 300 post!!!!!! :p

http://bestsmileys.com/fireworks/3.gif

sueKay
August 21st, 2005, 01:40 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v319/sueKay/TRUPI.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v319/sueKay/TWISTEDANGEL.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v319/sueKay/SUGARSHAKER.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v319/sueKay/SHIPPERHANNAH.jpg

d'oh!

Bren Ren's hit a milestone since I made these...

BRB!

BrenRen
August 21st, 2005, 01:41 PM
Now I'm prepared :D

Congrats BrenRen on 300 post!!!!!! :p

http://bestsmileys.com/fireworks/3.gif
Thanx LOL4JACK!!

I actually had gone well into the 400 range before the big server swap a few months ago, or however long ago it's been now... Was rather shocked to see it dropped back to 200!

Oh well... I make up for it in verbosity, I think. I go for quality post over quantity... yeah, that's it!

sueKay
August 21st, 2005, 02:03 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v319/sueKay/BRENREN.jpg

sueKay
August 21st, 2005, 02:05 PM
Bren - I was at 3200 before the outtage, then went down to 2600!!!!!!!!

sueKay
August 21st, 2005, 02:54 PM

*looks around*

*spies a tumbleweed*

*looks worried*

Did I scare everyone away???

Oma-1
August 21st, 2005, 03:01 PM

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v685/Oma-1/oom1.jpg

Sam: Colonel, are you sniffing my hair?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v685/Oma-1/oom.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v685/Oma-1/oom2.jpg

Anyone want to finish the captions? :D

oma's brains are completely fried tonight :rolleyes:

Oma-1
August 21st, 2005, 03:05 PM
Bren - I was at 3200 before the outtage, then went down to 2600!!!!!!!!
It's not taken you long to catch up though :D

sg-1fanintn
August 21st, 2005, 03:08 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v685/Oma-1/oom1.jpg

Sam: Colonel, are you sniffing my hair?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v685/Oma-1/oom.jpg
Jack: Uh, no, Carter.....what makes you think that?
Sam: Because I felt.....

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v685/Oma-1/oom2.jpg
Jack: You felt what? A guy trying to get some oxygen? Sorry, Carter!
(* Thinks to self: must be more discreet next time *)

oma's brains are completely fried tonight :rolleyes:

Well, with six children.....I can understand why your brains are fried. So I tried to help (above). When does school start there?

UhSir
August 21st, 2005, 03:08 PM
*looks around*
*spies a tumbleweed*
*looks worried*

*peeks out from coat closet*
*blinks in the bright light*

I'm reading the 3rd Annual Ship Day Thread. I'm trying to check in here too. Love your Congrats pics.

*closes closet door*

sueKay
August 21st, 2005, 03:09 PM
*opens closet door*

*peers in at UhSir*

Why thank you ma'am :D

*goes off to make some fan art*

LOL4JACK
August 21st, 2005, 03:13 PM
*peeks out from coat closet*
*blinks in the bright light*

I'm reading the 3rd Annual Ship Day Thread. I'm trying to check in here too. Love your Congrats pics.

*closes closet door*
ROFL....

What did I do? I created a shipmonster :p

Suekay, I'm still around, can't post much, I've an herniated disc and I just got worse in the past days, due to the pain killers and the pain in my lower back, the only place for me is in bed to feel OK... that means no comp for me, although I try to peek in read and if pain allows, post :(

I will take Mei Mei's advice though.... although while she imagines fanfics stories while she is in therapy, I will have my RL imagination fly with me and RDA :D

sg-1fanintn
August 21st, 2005, 03:15 PM

*looks around*

*spies a tumbleweed*

*looks worried*

Uh, (looks down shyly, shuffles feet), I know someone who is trying to make it to 1,000 posts by bedtime tonight......but I---I mean SHE----has to go out to dinner right now!

Back in a couple of hours!

Oma-1
August 21st, 2005, 03:17 PM
Well, with six children.....I can understand why your brains are fried. So I tried to help (above). When does school start there?
High school Sep 6th, Juniors 7th.

D'ya think Jack could speak to Thor so I can borrow the time dilation device? My need is far greater :D

Thanks for the help - I couldn't think of anything rated less than NC-17 :o

Shipaholic
August 21st, 2005, 03:20 PM

*looks around*

*spies a tumbleweed*

*looks worried*

I'm here, I'm just watching stargate. I'm up to the sixth season now.
Who-ho! :D

Cathain Nottingham
August 21st, 2005, 03:23 PM

Ah! But there is another sniffage debate - the "Chimera" sniff.

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b21/cathain_n/sniff.jpg

There's a better animation somewhere in the Shipper Day thread.

majorsal

he was also trying to get a peek at her peaks too. :p

sally :D

Oma-1
ROFL....

Suekay, I'm still around, can't post much, I've an herniated disc and I just got worse in the past days, due to the pain killers and the pain in my lower back, the only place for me is in bed to feel OK... that means no comp for me, although I try to peek in read and if pain allows, post :(

I will take Mei Mei's advice though.... although while she imagines fanfics stories while she is in therapy, I will have my RL imagination fly with me and RDA :D
Just take a copy of your sig pic with you and your are GUARANTEED shippy dreams of RDA :D I'm sure he'll help you to feel better soon. If not, we'll send in Jacob with his hand device thingy.

Hubby just bought a pda off e-bay today for next to nothing (compared to buying them new anyway). I'm trying to persuade him to let me have it - then I can download and read my shippy fic in bed without having to disturb him with the light :D

Oma-1
August 21st, 2005, 03:29 PM

LMAO! Uh-huh. Wasn't quite sure where to put his hands later on either :D

Oma-1
August 21st, 2005, 03:31 PM

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b21/cathain_n/sniff.jpg

There's a better animation somewhere in the Shipper Day thread.

What debate? *innocent look* That sniff just IS :D :D :D

The real debate there is what shampoo is Sam using - and where can I get it in the UK :p

sueKay
August 21st, 2005, 03:34 PM
Cathain - just read some more of your fics...

THEY'RE BRILLIANT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LOL4JACK
August 21st, 2005, 03:35 PM
Just take a copy of your sig pic with you and your are GUARANTEED shippy dreams of RDA :D I'm sure he'll help you to feel better soon. If not, we'll send in Jacob with his hand device thingy.

Hubby just bought a pda off e-bay today for next to nothing (compared to buying them new anyway). I'm trying to persuade him to let me have it - then I can download and read my shippy fic in bed without having to disturb him with the light :D
OMA, once again "brilliant minds" I was going to write that my sig pic is helping me get into $&())#% but there weren't PG 13 thoughts :D

I bought a PDA in December for RL, since work was going crazy, to many meetings in to many countries :p so I thought it would help me to get organized, but after a couple fo months, did not use it at all, I kept printing fics to take with me during my flights until one day D'oh :eek: why print?... SHIPPY PDA :p full of fanfics and easy to take to bed :D

But still need to contact Jacob.... :o

The real debate there is what shampoo is Sam using - and where can I get it in the UK :p

ROFL.....http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/36/36_11_6.gif

sueKay
August 21st, 2005, 03:35 PM
Oma - move to Scotland...the schools went back here last week!

Poor Bev though...she's stuck with the kids from now until June!

(((((((((((((((((Bev))))))))))))))))))

sueKay
August 21st, 2005, 03:38 PM
Wish I could afford a PDA,

but living on one hundred pounds a month tends to cut down luxuries.

*grumbles about those idiots at head office...couldn't run a minodge or work out a rota if they tried...grumble*

And they've cut my hours AGAIN...groan...forty pounds a month...I've got friends who get more than that for scratching their behinds and picking their noses.

[/ RL rant]

Somnium
August 21st, 2005, 03:41 PM
Well I survived the family wedding and the works BBQ and now Im back, it took me a lil' while to catch up (longer than norm due to stupid false nails i decided to apply for the wedding), but I got here at last. If nothing else this weekend gave me some ideas for my fic thats floating around my head.

Favorite colours (not in any particular order) Blue, Green, Brown/Beige

Congrats to everyone on the posting milestones.

Hello and welcome to the newest shipper family members.

And last but not least Happy Birthday Bev.

BTW I love all the spoilers (just dont have the will power to not read them), cant wait to watch Beachead tomorrow when I get it. Love everybodys ideas on what S&J have been up to :D :D

Cathain Nottingham
August 21st, 2005, 03:42 PM

I want it here in the US too!

BrenRen
August 21st, 2005, 03:49 PM
I want it here in the US too!
I don't think the shampoo comes with the hair-sniffing Jack...

Wish it did!

Cathain Nottingham
August 21st, 2005, 03:52 PM
Cathain - just read some more of your fics...

THEY'RE BRILLIANT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Awwww :o

And on top of those I wrote three new ones yesterday! Here are the titles:

Come A Little Closer
Not Just A Woman
In My Dreams

AND I created some 'teasers' for my possible new series called Time Share and for those of you who haven't checked out the possible new romantic romp between Sam and Jack please do! Click Here for S/J! (http://www.cathainnottingham.com/timeshare)

nell
August 21st, 2005, 03:57 PM

Sally, honey, why am I not surprised with your mischievous remark??? **thinks to self...she is sooo right** Hee, hee!! Twin Peaks ^^ ??
**looks both ways for mods** Points to Sally** :D

trupi
August 21st, 2005, 03:59 PM

Oma you got to be kidding! You have six kids and one is on its way and you want the shampoo that Sam uses. Honey, whatever you are using now,you should send to Sam! :p :p :p :p :p :p

nell
August 21st, 2005, 04:00 PM

OK, so the PDA takes care of the light problem!!! What about the giggling and squeeing?? :D :p :D :p Now, there's no doohickey to stop that nor should there be!!! :D :D

sueKay
August 21st, 2005, 04:10 PM
WOO HOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CATHAIN'S GOING TO WRITE TIMESHARE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*bounces off the walls*

I've been waiting for this :D :D

Queen Eleta
August 21st, 2005, 04:12 PM
Oma you got to be kidding! You have six kids and one is on its way and you want the shampoo that Sam uses. Honey, whatever you are using now,you should send to Sam! :p :p :p :p :p :p

I have six kids, too, and now you're telling me it's because of my shampoo!!
My H.S. biology teachers were so wrong!! Well, that explains why certain, *ahem* things, didn't work.

sueKay
August 21st, 2005, 04:12 PM
Just a quick thing...

can't be bothered writing fic or making webbys just now and I've drawn a blank in the fan art department so...

IF YOU WANT A SIG, LET ME KNOW AND TELL ME WHAT YOU WANT IN IT!!!!!!!

Cathain Nottingham
August 21st, 2005, 04:20 PM
WOO HOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CATHAIN'S GOING TO WRITE TIMESHARE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*bounces off the walls*

I've been waiting for this :D :D

:D Ah to further tease Sue...the teasers!

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b21/cathain_n/text.jpg

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b21/cathain_n/cartertext.jpg

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b21/cathain_n/oneilltext.jpg

trupi
August 21st, 2005, 04:27 PM
I have six kids, too, and now you're telling me it's because of my shampoo!!
My H.S. biology teachers were so wrong!! Well, that explains why certain, *ahem* things, didn't work.
Oh my! I think I got Oma confused with you. You have six kids-Does Oma? or Is she just with child? I'm sorry, Carolina told me and I must have gotten my shippers confused! Whatever, but there should be a warning on shampoo bottles-can increase family size if not used with discretion! :D

Somnium
August 21st, 2005, 04:29 PM
:D Ah to further tease Sue...the teasers!

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b21/cathain_n/text.

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b21/cathain_n/cartertext.jpg

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b21/cathain_n/oneilltext.jpg

Oooooohhh! This looks like its gonna be good, cant wait. How long before its gonna be ready?

Oma-1
August 21st, 2005, 04:33 PM
TN, Trupi, QE - You guys are scaring the life outta me :eek: It's 5 kids with 1 on the way (crosses fingers scan next week confirms only 1 :p )

I gotta change my shampoo! All this time I thought it was .... I gotta change my shampoo!

Nell - I hadn't thought of that problem! :eek: Don't tell the hubby :D

Cathain Nottingham
August 21st, 2005, 04:33 PM
Oooooohhh! This looks like its gonna be good, cant wait. How long before its gonna be ready?

I'm not sure yet, I'm working on a few other series but I am trying to get it roughly done. Any ideas for a situation? Just head over to the website and leave a comment :D

nell
August 21st, 2005, 04:44 PM
I'm not sure yet, I'm working on a few other series but I am trying to get it roughly done. Any ideas for a situation? Just head over to the website and leave a comment :D

Thanks, Cathain! I just added your site to My Favorites list!! ;) Actually, do any of you have my problem? I have toooooo many (did I just say that?) Sam and Jack/Stargate websites and not enough folders to organize! What I mean is that I have to clean house! No, I mean I need more folders! Everything stays, I just need better organization! My "Favorite stargate sites" is like, 30 plus!! That includes fanfiction and Stargate-pedia type sites and some stories and RDA site and Amanda site! You see what I mean? Then there's the favorite fanfiction site and the Fan Awards sites. Heck, laziness or procrastination must be the root of my problem!! Yeah, instead of reorganizing what I have, I started a new folder: "New Stargate sites since August 2005!!!" So, now I'm just dumping everything in there......OY!!! :S

Cathain Nottingham
August 21st, 2005, 04:46 PM
Thanks, Cathain! I just added your site to My Favorites list!! ;) Actually, do any of you have my problem? I have toooooo many (did I just say that?) Sam and Jack/Stargate websites and not enough folders to organize! What I mean is that I have to clean house! No, I mean I need more folders! Everything stays, I just need better organization! My "Favorite stargate sites" is like, 30 plus!! That includes fanfiction and Stargate-pedia type sites and some stories and RDA site and Amanda site! You see what I mean? Then there's the favorite fanfiction site and the Fan Awards sites. Heck, laziness or procrastination must be the root of my problem!! Yeah, instead of reorganizing what I have, I started a new folder: "New Stargate sites since August 2005!!!" So, now I'm just dumping everything in there......OY!!! :S

Nope I got the same problem. Stargate everywhere!

sueKay
August 21st, 2005, 04:47 PM
Cathain - :D:D:D:D:D:D:D

I've thought about what I can do...

and your pics have given me the inspiration!!!

I created a whole host of O'Neills for the Hell's trilogy...think I'll go and make art for them!

Somnium
August 21st, 2005, 04:48 PM

Me too! It takes me ages to find some stuff, I just keep adding sites as I find them so its getting worse.

sueKay
August 21st, 2005, 04:49 PM
I have a MASSIVE storage problem for my Documents...my C Hard Disc got so clogged up, I had to move it to D and rename it!!! I have over 100 Stargate, Voyager, Fanfic and graphics related links, and I've downloaded well over a hundred web templates!!!!!!!!!!!

ses110
August 21st, 2005, 04:53 PM
The part that really got me thinking in Out of Mind was when Sam wakes up and see's Jack and Sam's Hand in on Jack's Arm.My Shipper sensors were going Crazy.I really Love that Part.The Hug was great as well.It really seemed like Sam and Jack were a couple.The Sam and Jack Ship has been tough because there will be no Ship and all of a sudden we get an episode like Out of Time and you cannot help but think what am I missing?

Cathain Nottingham
August 21st, 2005, 04:58 PM
Well Sue I'm glad I could give you an idea and it sounds like everyone has a problem with storage, I try to go through every few months but I never delete anything :D

Cathain Nottingham
August 21st, 2005, 05:31 PM
Hi everyone! Just a quick note to say that I've posted one of the new stories here on Gateworld and on FanFiction.net (though it's not on my official website yet)

http://www.gateworld.net/fanfic/archive/39/comea.html

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2545552/1/

sg-1fanintn
August 21st, 2005, 05:43 PM
ROFL....

I'm so sorry you're having back trouble. About five years ago, I bent over to pick up a piece of paper off the floor at work.....and four hours later, getting up was excrutiating! Off to the emergency room I went, and after a series of x-rays and other painful experiements, I was given really good meds and sent home to rest. I spent the next four days in the recliner, praying I wouldn't have to get up! They think it was a pinched nerve. Since then, I've been a-ok (* knocks on wood *).....but I really sympathize with you, sweetie!

To make this post on topic.....I'm sure Jack could sympathize too.....because of his knee troubles!

sueKay
August 21st, 2005, 06:00 PM
((((((((((((LOL4JACK)))))))))))))))))

You take it easy...just pop on when you feel like it...Herniated disc...ouch!

As for RL imagination...I like to imagine that I'm Sam...

brains
intellect
kick ass
...and Jack O'Neill to go home to at the end of the day :D

hee hee!

Anywho...

ANYONE WANT A SIG???? SINCE I HAVE A NEW COOL AND SNAZZY GRAPHICS PROGRAM:D

actually I've just figured out how to use it :o

trupi
August 21st, 2005, 06:01 PM
The part that really got me thinking in Out of Mind was when Sam wakes up and see's Jack and Sam's Hand in on Jack's Arm.My Shipper sensors were going Crazy.I really Love that Part.The Hug was great as well.It really seemed like Sam and Jack were a couple.The Sam and Jack Ship has been tough because there will be no Ship and all of a sudden we get an episode like Out of Time and you cannot help but think what am I missing?
The other day I saw "In the Line of Duty" and wow I had forgotten how shippy the episode is. Especially the locker room scene and when she yells Jack , don't leave me and the single Jack tear! I think that what sold me on SG-1. It was Bane that sold my kids. They were little at the time and liked the water gun scenes.

sueKay
August 21st, 2005, 06:02 PM
On the subject of back pain...my mum has nerve damage from her epidural when she had me, and her 6th and 7th vertebrae are crumbling.

Hope the latter doesn't prove to be hereditary...I've inherited enough bad health as it is.

trupi
August 21st, 2005, 06:05 PM
I'm so sorry you're having back trouble. About five years ago, I bent over to pick up a piece of paper off the floor at work.....and four hours later, getting up was excrutiating! Off to the emergency room I went, and after a series of x-rays and other painful experiements, I was given really good meds and sent home to rest. I spent the next four days in the recliner, praying I wouldn't have to get up! They think it was a pinched nerve. Since then, I've been a-ok (* knocks on wood *).....but I really sympathize with you, sweetie!

To make this post on topic.....I'm sure Jack could sympathize too.....because of his knee troubles!
995 post--5 more to go~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

sg-1fanintn
August 21st, 2005, 06:10 PM

Oh, Sally, you're making me blush! Not! Tee-hee!

What debate? *innocent look* That sniff just IS

The real debate there is what shampoo is Sam using - and where can I get it in the UK
Amen, Oma-1!

Trupi.....so funny! Sorry, Oma-1! I accidentally gave you one more child. It'll be six when the new one gets here. Sigh. Math was never my strong suit. That's why I'm not a kick-a$trophysicist!

OK, so the PDA takes care of the light problem!!! What about the giggling and squeeing?? :D :p :D :p Now, there's no doohickey to stop that nor should there be!!! :D :D
My husband sleeps right through it. Just make sure to give him enough honey-dos that he never gets enough sleep, and it'll be no problem at all. Trust me.

Buc252
August 21st, 2005, 06:37 PM
<snip>
BTW, someone (Mary?) asked about who does the shipper shop. Sacme, our ship sistah, is the person you want to talk to. If you PM her, I'm sure she'll get back to you. :)

Yep, it was me! Thank you soooo much! I've asked here three times, and really appreciate your letting me know. <g>

Take care!!

UhSir
August 21st, 2005, 06:54 PM
*stumbles out of the coat closet with eyes closed to the bright light and opens eyes slowly*

Hey, where's the bright light? Where's any light? AHHHH!

*trips over cats that are sitting at the door waiting for dinner*

Well, I have finished looking through the entire thread for the Third Annual Sam/Jack Ship Day. What a lot of fun that was. I'm going to mark my calendar and start saving up shippy thoughts and stuff for the Fourth Annual!

While I was there, I found the reference to:

That can be viewed at this post from Token in the thread (hope I do this right)
http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost.php?p=4391042&postcount=1224

Buc252
August 21st, 2005, 06:55 PM
Hello Shippers

<snip>

AQUA - Suekay
YELLOW - Gatebee
PURPLE- Queen Eleta
MAGENTA - Galaxy
NAVY - Hulabaloo
SILVER - Cathain

Okay, now I'm going to be the difficult one - again. <g> My favorite colors are burgundy and cobalt blue.

UhSir
August 21st, 2005, 07:08 PM
ANYONE WANT A SIG???? SINCE I HAVE A NEW COOL AND SNAZZY GRAPHICS PROGRAM

Me! Can I? Please, can I? I don't have a sig. :(

Will you make a shippy sig for me please?

Cathain Nottingham
August 21st, 2005, 07:17 PM
*stumbles out of the coat closet with eyes closed to the bright light and opens eyes slowly*

Hey, where's the bright light? Where's any light? AHHHH!

*trips over cats that are sitting at the door waiting for dinner*

Well, I have finished looking through the entire thread for the Third Annual Sam/Jack Ship Day. What a lot of fun that was. I'm going to mark my calendar and start saving up shippy thoughts and stuff for the Fourth Annual!

While I was there, I found the reference to:

That can be viewed at this post from Token in the thread (hope I do this right)

Yes! That is the other sniff debate I was talking about :D Thank you for finding it!

gatewatcher
August 21st, 2005, 07:31 PM
Hello everyone.
Just popping in to say HI. I will never catch up with all I'm missing.....( ahhhhckk) Real life is going full force and I get to read a few pages about every three days. Let me know if I have missed something really important please. I miss knowing what everyone is talking about and being in a the loop, so to speak.
Welcome to anyone who is new
and I'm sure I've missed many birthdays....so Hope you had a happy one if I did.
Have a great week.

sueKay
August 21st, 2005, 07:44 PM
(((((((((Lana)))))))))
We're just discussing odds n ends, fanfiction and favourite colours...just the general state of affairs really...I hate it when RL gets you bogged down.

UhSir - Any sig preferences? Colours Images etc????

UhSir
August 21st, 2005, 07:58 PM
Re: the Chimera sniff

That can be viewed at this post from Token in the thread

I dug into the DVD and here is the commentary from William Waring, Director.
Adding spoiler tags in case there are those who don't like the commentaries.

"This is fun 'cause Rick sensed something different about her and he actually sniffs her a little. [laughs] ...thought that was really cute!"

UhSir
August 21st, 2005, 08:01 PM
UhSir - Any sig preferences? Colours Images etc????

Colors: green (duh!)

edited to add:
(((sueKay))) thank you!

sg-1fanintn
August 21st, 2005, 08:06 PM
Hi, gatewatcher! Good to see you checking in with the Ship Family!

nell
August 21st, 2005, 08:17 PM
Hi, gatewatcher! Good to see you checking in with the Ship Family!

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y209/cilljill/S4-AbsolutePower04.jpg
Jack: CONGRATULATIONS, SG-1FANINTN!!!
1000 BIG, HONKIN' POSTS!!! GO GIRL!!!

*thanks to unknown capper

UhSir
August 21st, 2005, 08:55 PM
Speaking of commentaries (umm, you are the only one speaking of commentaries at the moment so, technically, you're talking to yourself. Oy! I've got to get a real life!)

I set the commentaries on for Grace and jumped to the Jacob scene. Interesting ship talk!

Jump to the Jack scene and Peter Woeste: "Showdown time."
His commentary is, um, interesting and at the end of the scene he says, "She [Sam] makes the decision that, nah, this is, this can't be the, well they both made that decision that, uh, this isn't the way the relationship should evolve."
Me personally? My only questions to Director Woeste are, "Have you watched any of the other shows and, did you even speak the writers of this episode?"

trupi
August 21st, 2005, 09:26 PM
Speaking of commentaries (umm, you are the only one speaking of commentaries at the moment so, technically, you're talking to yourself. Oy! I've got to get a real life!)

I set the commentaries on for Grace and jumped to the Jacob scene. Interesting ship talk!

His commentary is, um, interesting and at the end of the scene he says, "She [Sam] makes the decision that, nah, this is, this can't be the, well they both made that decision that, uh, this isn't the way the relationship should evolve."
Me personally? My only questions to Director Woeste are, "Have you watched any of the other shows and, did you even speak the writers of this episode?"
The commentary on Grace (imo) was horrible. It was like they told him five minutes before they started recording to say anything and he only spoke about direction techniques, nothing about the direction the writers or actor were going with the script. In Lost City commentary they talked how the original script was written compared to how it was presented on TV they even spoke about spoilers in season 8. Everyone spoke AT, PD, BW and I think even MJ put in his opinion.

lonely_star
August 21st, 2005, 11:39 PM

AQUA - Suekay
YELLOW - Gatebee
PURPLE- Queen Eleta
MAGENTA - Galaxy
NAVY - Hulabaloo
SILVER - Cathain

yes you've missed me out ! :( :( so it's one more point for blue :D :D

Myrth
August 22nd, 2005, 01:46 AM
I'll throw in a vote for purple.

:)

gate_girl12
August 22nd, 2005, 02:47 AM
Hey guys, checking in for today. Hope everyone who isn't feelin' to great gets better.

(((sueKay))) lovin' the new pics, etc. Glad to see your new program is going well.

(((Cathain))) looking forward to the new fanfics if the teasers are anything to go by. Hurry up and write them so I can emerge myself in some fanfic :)

Somnium
August 22nd, 2005, 03:30 AM
Suekay & Cathain just been reading some of your wonderful fics and wanted to give you some green but alas am not allowed :( so here is a green hug instead (((((((((((((()))))))))))))))))

Going to watch BeachHead now :D Squuuuueeeeeeeeeeeee!!!! :D

gate_girl12
August 22nd, 2005, 06:09 AM
hey guys, finally getting my backside into gear and creating a new website (my first...scary!!!). So if anyone would like me to host their fics or pics, let me know. Also, if anyone would be so kind as to allow me linkage to their site...I'd be indebted.

Cheers.

sueKay
August 22nd, 2005, 07:12 AM
Gate Girl - I'm quite good at anything web related, so if you need help with free hosts, layouts etc...just PM me!!!

And I'll put a link up to your site at my next update!

gate_girl12
August 22nd, 2005, 07:27 AM
Thanks sue, I'll keep that in mind. Might have to take you up on that offer when I get myself organised somemore :p

By the way, I can't actually host fics as I only have 10mb bandwith, but I can host links to your fanfic or pics...so...yeah.

And also if anyone wants to add links to their site to my webpage let me know please :D

Lunar
August 22nd, 2005, 07:40 AM
Hello all on the shipper thread. It's been a looooong while since I posted here. Hope eveyone is doin' fine since last I checked in.
I've been surviving the summer on S4 DVDs. :) Divide and Conquer, Beneath the Surface...2010... Ah, the good old days!

sueKay
August 22nd, 2005, 08:31 AM
(((((((((((((LUNAR)))))))))))))))

Good to see ya!!!!!!!!

CONGRATS on your exams and Uni!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well...lotsa newbies here, but the old gang's still around!

galaxy
August 22nd, 2005, 09:01 AM
Hello all on the shipper thread. It's been a looooong while since I posted here. Hope eveyone is doin' fine since last I checked in.
I've been surviving the summer on S4 DVDs. :) Divide and Conquer, Beneath the Surface...2010... Ah, the good old days!

YAY!!!

(((((((((((LUNAR)))))))))))

WELCOME BACK!!!

:D :D :D :D :D

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a108/galaxy_/brocaJS.jpg[/CENTER

[CENTER] :D :D :D

galaxy
August 22nd, 2005, 09:09 AM
YAY!!!

(((((((((((LUNAR)))))))))))

WELCOME BACK!!!

:D :D :D :D :D

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a108/galaxy_/brocaJS.jpg[/CENTER

[CENTER] :D :D :D

Btw, the pic is from Mala...hope that's okay...couldn't edit my post because my internet connection breaks down everytime I try. :rolleyes:

Billie
August 22nd, 2005, 10:06 AM
Hey all :)

RL strikes again and also new kitten (JJ) has arrived so I'm busy being a new mum! He's currently destroying the kitchen so can't stay long!

- Thanks to all you lovely spoiler posters - Beachhead sounds great, can't wait! :)

- Congrats to all those with posting milestones! :D

- Sorry to hear about your accident CN hope you are recovering well and taking it easy :)

- A very happy belated birthday Bev! :p

- My fav colour is Lilac which I guess counts for purple :)

and Jack and Sam forever - Oh the ship is SO not over....YAY!!http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/36/36_1_33.gif

michelleb
August 22nd, 2005, 10:24 AM
I was watching Threads the other day, and i love the bit where Pete is introduced to Jacob..and blurts out 'Dad!' and Jacb says 'you don't get to call me that yet'.

I loved that bit, cos Jack's been calling Jacob 'Dad' for ages, and Jacob never once objected.

Guess we know which one Jacob preferred

nell
August 22nd, 2005, 10:39 AM
I was watching Threads the other day, and i love the bit where Pete is introduced to Jacob..and blurts out 'Dad!' and Jacb says 'you don't get to call me that yet'.

I loved that bit, cos Jack's been calling Jacob 'Dad' for ages, and Jacob never once objected.

You are absolutely right!!! Threads I loved how Jacob told :eek: he couldn't say Dad!!! But, I'm thinking **pensive look** Has Jack called Jacob, "Dad" and/or referred to Jacob as "Dad" around Carter? I thought **pensive look again** that I read somewhere that Jack never actually called Jacob, "Dad." Anybody know? But, I betcha Jacob would've laughed it up and accepted Jack's "Dad!!" :D

sueKay
August 22nd, 2005, 10:52 AM
Gate Girl - some good sites for you to look at

http://www.bravehost.com - 100megs bandwidth, 50megs space - best beginners' site

http://www.cjb.net - only 1meg of space, but it can contain my site - http://www.stargate-intel.tk

http://www.moonfruit.com - GREAT site - lots of space and the easiest site builder to give your site a professional look.

sueKay
August 22nd, 2005, 10:54 AM
Nell - Jack has called Jacob 'dad'...

looks for proof from other shippers.

C'mon...I think it was season five!

galaxy
August 22nd, 2005, 10:55 AM
You are absolutely right!!! Threads I loved how Jacob told :eek: he couldn't say Dad!!! But, I'm thinking **pensive look** Has Jack called Jacob, "Dad" and/or referred to Jacob as "Dad" around Carter? I thought **pensive look again** that I read somewhere that Jack never actually called Jacob, "Dad." Anybody know? But, I betcha Jacob would've laughed it up and accepted Jack's "Dad!!" :D

Hmm...I'm pretty sure he called Jacob "Dad"...at least once.
And Jacon didn't even laugh! It was completely normal for him!
If that's not a good sign. :D
But I can't remember in which ep...I think it was Seth?!? :S

galaxy
August 22nd, 2005, 10:57 AM
Yep, it was seth:

Jack: Carter?

Sam: It'll work Sir, assuming Dad's right...

Jack: Dad?

Jacob: If the jolt is big enough it'll work....(...)

*squeeee* :)

galaxy
August 22nd, 2005, 11:01 AM
Yep, it was seth:

Jack: Carter?

Sam: It'll work Sir, assuming Dad's right...

Jack: Dad?

Jacob: If the jolt is big enough it'll work....(...)

*squeeee* :)
Sorry that I'm quoting myself again...just wanted to add:

Seth was season 3 (!!!!!!!!).
Pretty early, isn't it? He knew they are meant to be together. ;)

nell
August 22nd, 2005, 11:02 AM
Nell - Jack has called Jacob 'dad'...

looks for proof from other shippers.

C'mon...I think it was season five!

Episode? I sure hope so! I know that when I saw Threads I immediately reacted to what Jacob said to :eek: . Yeah, Dad!!! I thought, Jack could say "Dad!!!" Jacob likes Jack!! Jacob trusts Jack with his and Sam's lives! :D

nell
August 22nd, 2005, 11:10 AM
Sorry that I'm quoting myself again...just wanted to add:

Seth was season 3 (!!!!!!!!).
Pretty early, isn't it? He knew they are meant to be together. ;)

Thanks!!! I gotta watch that again! I'm sure although I can't remember but knowing me, I must have "squeed" when I heard that!!! BTW, how do you do that? Remember the dialogue that way?? I'm impressed! My repetoire of memorized dialogue is something like Threads
Sam: Thanks, sir.
Jack: For what?
Sam: For being here for me.
Jack: Always.
And that's because it was so recent!!! Oh, and because it was a tremendous Shippy moment!! Otherwise, um, I lost my train of thought.....

Katkin
August 22nd, 2005, 11:23 AM

LUNAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I haven’t posted on the ship thread too much myself lately: too much thunking, not enough time.

BUT… I hope you have spent some of your time-off WRITING!!!!!!! I love your fic. :o

Hi to all the shippers… I thought there was defintely a frisson of SPOILERS, HIGHLIGHT TO READ Sam-and-Jack in that phone call!!!!!

galaxy
August 22nd, 2005, 11:31 AM
Thanks!!! I gotta watch that again! I'm sure although I can't remember but knowing me, I must have "squeed" when I heard that!!! BTW, how do you do that? Remember the dialogue that way?? I'm impressed! My repetoire of memorized dialogue is something like Threads
And that's because it was so recent!!! Oh, and because it was a tremendous Shippy moment!! Otherwise, um, I lost my train of thought.....

Nell, of course I can NOT remember all dialogues! LOL
I looked it up in a transcript. :p

shipper hannah
August 22nd, 2005, 11:37 AM

i also remember him saying "maybe it's dad" to sam in jolinar's memories if that counts?

shipper hannah
August 22nd, 2005, 11:45 AM

i think everyone on this thread can remember that off by heart ;)

shipper hannah
August 22nd, 2005, 11:51 AM

GREEN - UhSir
RED - Gate_Girl12
BLUE - Gate_Girl12
AQUA - Suekay
YELLOW - Gatebee
PURPLE- Queen Eleta
MAGENTA - Galaxy
NAVY - Hulabaloo
PURPLE - Bren Ren
RED - sugarshaker
SILVER - Cathain
BLUE - Shipaholic
GREEN - Shelsfc

*Starts to get nostalgic for the days of the great blue/Green debate*

Good times.... :D

DARK ORCHID - shipper hannah (someone's already picked purple dammit!)

Suzy
August 22nd, 2005, 11:56 AM
Hey everyone :) Thought us shippers could do with some S/J lovin' ;) Hope you all like this wallpaper!! Not spoilerish....unless you've been living under a rock for the past 4 or 5 years :P

http://elsewhere.g33k-powered.net/wallpapers/thumbs/lightning_thumb.jpg (http://elsewhere.g33k-powered.net/wallpapers/lightning.jpg)

Click the thumbnail for 1024x768. More wallpapers at my site, Elsewhere (http://elsewhere.g33k-powered.net/).

sueKay
August 22nd, 2005, 12:09 PM
WELCOME SUZY!!!!!!!!!

Very nice fan art!!!!

*spies fan art link in Suzy's sig*

be back in a wee while!

sueKay
August 22nd, 2005, 12:10 PM
Oh!

Do you like my new siggy???

UhSir
August 22nd, 2005, 12:17 PM
Hey everybody, check out my signature!
sueKay made it! She's a peach!

sueKay,
Big
Honkin'
HUG!

gwenhwyfar
August 22nd, 2005, 12:27 PM
"walks is in shipper happiness" I watched Evolution p2 last night. Reminded me of the good ol days (Season 4).

Queen Eleta, ST-1- Thanks for clearing that up!

gatebee, sg-1fanintn- Thanks for the welcomes!

Ok, about the whole sniff debates. I agree about the sniff in Out of Mind. As for the other episode...I try to forget about that episode because it introduced 'Stalker Guy'.

And my favorite color is Blue.

By the way, has anyone heard the song 'Written in the Stars'? You know, LeeAnn Rimes and Elton John? Well I think it goes perfect with the Sam/Jack ship.The words are perfect.(I'm listening to it now, that's why I brought it up)

shipper hannah
August 22nd, 2005, 12:30 PM
Oh!

love your new siggy! ;) :D
what programme do you use to make them?

UhSir
August 22nd, 2005, 12:34 PM
qwenhwyfar - re: "Written in the Stars"
Check out marimba26's music video of that.
http://www.marimba26.com/JackandSamAlwaysVideos.html

lonely_star
August 22nd, 2005, 12:45 PM
Oh!

wow SueKay ! this new program rocks !!! well actually the program is nothing if you can't use it ! so YOU rock !! :) I love both yours and UhSir sigs ! :) I'm looking forward finding an idea for mine ;)

Cathain...as always, I enjoyed reading your fic a lot !! too bad it was so short I haven't have enough to read in the subway to go to work :D if only my shipper family could post a little pic/day, I'd be more motivated to go to work :D :D

and just cause I feel like hugging here a a big honkin' HUG for the whole family...and JJ the cat :D :D I love cats !!! :)

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((family))))))))))))))))))))))))))

Somnium
August 22nd, 2005, 12:47 PM
Hey everyone :) Thought us shippers could do with some S/J lovin' ;) Hope you all like this wallpaper!! Not spoilerish....unless you've been living under a rock for the past 4 or 5 years :P

http://elsewhere.g33k-powered.net/wallpapers/thumbs/lightning_thumb.jpg (http://elsewhere.g33k-powered.net/wallpapers/lightning.jpg)

Click the thumbnail for 1024x768. More wallpapers at my site, Elsewhere (http://elsewhere.g33k-powered.net/).

What fantastic wallpapers and excellent quality too :D The Only problem I have is choosing which one Im gonna use first! Being a shipper tho am going for Fairytales. Was/am gonna leave you a note in your guest book but am having problems getting the page to load.

sueKay
August 22nd, 2005, 01:01 PM
Thanks guys!!

I'm using the GIMP which is FREEWARE.

Just do a google search for it...I never d/led mines from the web as I got it free with a magazine!

ANYONE ELSE WANT A SIGGY????

gatebee
August 22nd, 2005, 01:07 PM
ROFL....

ouch... that is bad .... I have lower back problems too and it hurts but nothing like a herniated disc .... take care and hope you feel better soon

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v205/FilBrit1/sam%20c/js.jpg

galaxy
August 22nd, 2005, 01:12 PM
ouch... that is bad .... I have lover back problems too and it hurts but nothing like a herniated disc .... take care and hope you feel better soon

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v205/FilBrit1/sam%20c/js.jpg

You were SO thinking of something else while posting this. LOL :D

Somnium
August 22nd, 2005, 01:16 PM
Thanks guys!!

I'm using the GIMP which is FREEWARE.

Just do a google search for it...I never d/led mines from the web as I got it free with a magazine!

ANYONE ELSE WANT A SIGGY????

oh well if your in the mood for making sigs then Id love one :D Something shippy for definate and I love the writing you have in your siggy, maybe a piccy from beneath the surface or threads. Hope thats enough ideas for you.
Somnium is latin for dream if that helps the artistic muse in you!

sueKay
August 22nd, 2005, 01:21 PM
Somnium - I'll get started! :D

UhSir
August 22nd, 2005, 01:23 PM
Many pages ago some one of the music video artists asked for ideas. Well if you are still open for suggestions, I've got one for you.

Back in my hormone-raging high school days, Art Garfunkel's "I Only Have Eyes For You" had all of us girl's swooning and it was a huge hit at the dances.

I just heard it on the radio and it still kicks up the juices! Of course, it might just be all of the shipping I've been doing, but..... Hey! It's a great shippy song and it has words like "stars" and "moon" in it so it fits Stargate.

Shipaholic
August 22nd, 2005, 01:37 PM
Suekay,
I love the sig. Do you want to make one for me too? :D
I'm not very good with computers and don't have any pics either.

sueKay
August 22nd, 2005, 01:42 PM
Shipaholic - tell me what you want - episodes, quotes etc...and I'll make you one!

sueKay
August 22nd, 2005, 01:44 PM
Okay...the first page of the site is up, but the links lead nowhere

It's in blue which I think was in the lead in the poll at last count...

So check it out! :D

sueKay
August 22nd, 2005, 01:44 PM

http://www.freewebs.com/suekay/index.htm

And I'm going to get a better address for it soon!

galaxy
August 22nd, 2005, 01:54 PM

That's so cool!
I'm impressed and excited! YAY! :D

gatebee
August 22nd, 2005, 02:06 PM
You were SO thinking of something else while posting this. LOL :D
honest it was a typographical error.

SueKay .... lovely new sig
Uhsir .....also lovely new sig
Congratulations
sg-1fanith 1000 post
twisted angel 700 post
lol4jack 700 posts
brenren 400 posts
trupi
sugarshaker
hopes this goes through

Sam_o_Neill
August 22nd, 2005, 03:19 PM
ooh SueKay you're amazing! Everyones new sigs look great and the Shipper Family Website is coming on good :D Can't wait until everything is done it will be amazing!

Congrats to everyone on their milestones! Lol4Jack, Twisted Angel, Trupi, Sugarshaker, Brenren and SG1Fanintin!

sueKay
August 22nd, 2005, 03:25 PM
SG1 Fanintn - I'll have a graphic for ya soon!!!

Sam O Neill - glad you likey! :D

sg-1fanintn
August 22nd, 2005, 03:27 PM
I was watching Threads the other day, and i love the bit where :eek: is introduced to Jacob..and blurts out 'Dad!' and Jacb says 'you don't get to call me that yet'.

I remember in another ep (of course, can't recall which one), Sam and Jack are sitting at the conference table in a meeting. They're expecting Jacob to help with some Tok'ra thing. Then, Walter announces a gate activation. Jack looks at Sam and says, "There's Dad." She grins.

Great new sig, UhSir. Good work, SueKay!
Welcome, Suzy! Lovely wallpapers!

gwenhwyfar
August 22nd, 2005, 03:39 PM
qwenhwyfar - re: "Written in the Stars"
Check out marimba26's music video of that.
http://www.marimba26.com/JackandSamAlwaysVideos.html

Thank you, thank you, thank you for the link!

I have a question I hope someone can answer. Several of the music videos showed a clip of Sam and Jack on a Goa'uld ship. They were standing in front of a power source or something, facing each other and it looked like Sam had a Zat in her hand. What episode is that from?

ses110
August 22nd, 2005, 03:40 PM
I think Jacob liked it when Jack called him Dad.I really wanted Jacob to be around when Sam and Jack got together.Anyone else surprised SG-1 ratings were down this week with Sam's return? I was hoping the Ratings would be up.I wanted Sam return to blow away the Ratings for the first couple of episode since they were Daniel and Vala Heavy.

UhSir
August 22nd, 2005, 04:07 PM

I have a question I hope someone can answer. Several of the music videos showed a clip of Sam and Jack on a Goa'uld ship. They were standing in front of a power source or something, facing each other and it looked like Sam had a Zat in her hand. What episode is that from?
You're welcome.

And I have wondered that exact thing. I can't remember that scene at all! I'm so glad you asked.

Somnium
August 22nd, 2005, 04:08 PM
So have spent the last couple of hours trying to make a start on my first ever fic, Im not doing too bad either have done 2 pages and its not too awful so far, may even be readable by the end of the week. I think its gonna be a long one tho I keep getting these ideas pop into my head, and then theres other bits of the story Im still trying to get my head around.

Any how less of me. SueKay cant wait to see what your gonna come up with its quite exciting really!

Is it me or is it quite here tonight!

BTW Beachhead was great loved seeing Sam back and Vala was quite likeable too shame to see her go, her and sam could have had some fun.

UhSir
August 22nd, 2005, 04:10 PM
I remember in another ep (of course, can't recall which one), Sam and Jack are sitting at the conference table in a meeting. They're expecting Jacob to help with some Tok'ra thing. Then, Walter announces a gate activation. Jack looks at Sam and says, "There's Dad." She grins.

Great new sig, UhSir. Good work, SueKay!
Welcome, Suzy! Lovely wallpapers!
Hmmm, I remember there being several times that Jack referred to Jacob as "Dad" but I also remember it only being when Sam is around.

galaxy
August 22nd, 2005, 04:11 PM

Dou you speak of the world famous Divide and Conquer - scene? :eek:
I hope not, because if so, then I think I have to faint...right now.
I can't believe there are shippers out there who don't know D&Q. :p
If you haven't seen this ep yet, then FOR GOD'S SAKE, WATCH IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D

Okay..all jokes aside...what scene are you two talking about?
What kind of power source? maybe I can help...

Somnium
August 22nd, 2005, 04:17 PM
Originally Posted by gwenhwyfar

I think this is a scene in s7s Lost City. Somebody correct me if Im wrong.

galaxy
August 22nd, 2005, 04:18 PM
I think Jacob liked it when Jack called him Dad.I really wanted Jacob to be around when Sam and Jack got together.Anyone else surprised SG-1 ratings were down this week with Sam's return? I was hoping the Ratings would be up.I wanted Sam return to blow away the Ratings for the first couple of episode since they were Daniel and Vala Heavy.

Really? That suprises me too.
Are the ratings as bad as the last ones or worse?
If they are still on the same level then maybe it's because some people don't know that Sam is back?!?
I hope the ratings will be better next week. :(

Token
August 22nd, 2005, 04:20 PM

S8 (((((((((Jacob)))))))) *sniff*

Ses, I can't seem to figure out the ratings at all. :S I think it is poor advertising. SciFi doesn't seem to "plug" the episodes very well. On first-run episodes I don't understand how ratings can be compared to the success of the particular episode. I'm more interested in the GW polling of the episodes. It seems to reflect a better judge of the quality of the episode. Anyway, I noticed BSG finally got the top spot. Of course, the promo for the ep showed Starbuck and Lee KISSING. :rolleyes: That reminds me...Did anyone else notice SciFi's promotion for "Viewers' Choice" Stargate episodes showed the WoO kiss?? :D

UhSir
August 22nd, 2005, 04:21 PM
The low ratings must be wrong. I figured they would be the highest ever. Somebody added wrong; maybe they forgot to "carry the four." This forum was brought to a near halt right after the show. No, sorry, I think the numbers are wrong.

galaxy
August 22nd, 2005, 04:23 PM

Ah, yes...now I know what they are talking about...
(*phew* I'm relieved. :D)

UhSir
August 22nd, 2005, 04:24 PM
Dou you speak of the world famous Divide and Conquer - scene? :eek:
I hope not, because if so, then I think I have to faint...right now.
I can't believe there are shippers out there who don't know D&Q. :p
If you haven't seen this ep yet, then FOR GOD'S SAKE, WATCH IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D

Okay..all jokes aside...what scene are you two talking about?
What kind of power source? maybe I can help...
Nope, definitely not from D&C.

It looks sort of like they are in a honeycomb. Lights are flickering, the scene is dark. Jack and Sam are facing each other.

edit: because galaxy answered while I was typing the above.
galaxy, you quick thing. I'll dig out "Lost City" and check. Why do I not remember this?

Token
August 22nd, 2005, 04:28 PM
Suekay, the website's looking good! Lovely new sig!! *sigh* How's it that you have a moving avatar?? Inquiring minds want to know. :p

galaxy
August 22nd, 2005, 04:32 PM
Nope, definitely not from D&C.

It looks sort of like they are in a honeycomb. Lights are flickering, the scene is dark. Jack and Sam are facing each other.

Yeah, that's definitely Lost City!

and I'm still mad that he doesn't let her finish what she wanted to say! Grrrr...that drives me nuts. :rolleyes: :)

dipsofjazz
August 22nd, 2005, 04:41 PM
Yeah, that's definitely Lost City!

and I'm still mad that he doesn't let her finish what she wanted to say! Grrrr...that drives me nuts. :rolleyes: :)
Yes, I agree. They also missed out Letting Sam and Jack kiss! Amanda mentions in the dvd that they should have kissed.

sueKay
August 22nd, 2005, 04:52 PM
heya!

Can't believe the ratings are down :( :(

Anywho...

Some fanfic links are up...but I'm only a TENTH of the way through the archive...so there's a LOT more coming

http://www.freewebs.com/suekay/fictionartandvideos.htm

ses110
August 22nd, 2005, 04:54 PM
Token I had to read the ratings article twice.I was like this could not be.Sam returns and we get the lowest ratings to Date.I also do not understand other Shows like BSG and there Fans seems to like the Ship and we get the Big Shipper Debate on SG-1.It has to be more than just the Regs.I really hope if RDA is in the Season Finale we get to see some Sam and Jack Shippy Scenes.I would Love to see the Season 9 Finale start with Sam and Jack in Bed talking and Kissing and Sam gets a call to come to the Base and were off on the Adventure.Like that will happen.

sueKay
August 22nd, 2005, 04:54 PM
Token - I can make my own by using a GIF animator, but I got this one from http://www.sg1-atlantis.com

And...the shipper site...I don't deserve any credit...I'm using a site builder so it's not my work! (apart from the actual content)

galaxy
August 22nd, 2005, 04:56 PM
Yes, I agree. They also missed out Letting Sam and Jack kiss! Amanda mentions in the dvd that they should have kissed.

Yes!!! Did they actually film the kiss?
If so, I'd like to have a special shipper DVD with all the shippy scenes we have never seen and with some extra shippy scenes they film only for us.
Thank you in advance.
Sincerely yours.
galaxy

:D :D :D

ses110
August 22nd, 2005, 05:01 PM
sueKay I though they would be down without RDA.I wonder if it was too much Daniel and Vala in the beginning of the Season.Maybe this could work to the Shippers advantage.Maybe when RDA does come back TPTB will let loose with the Ship.In a way I'am Happy because this will send a message to TPTB that it will not be as easy as they though.TPTB talked a good Game before the Season and it looks like there is still alot of work to be done.So far it does not look like SG-1 is getting a Big carryover from Farscape Fans.It will be interesting to see this week with the Sam and Jack Telephone Conversation and Sam turning down Barrett again.If the ratings are good this week that could be good News for the Ship.

Cathain Nottingham
August 22nd, 2005, 05:16 PM
Hey guys, checking in for today. Hope everyone who isn't feelin' to great gets better.

(((sueKay))) lovin' the new pics, etc. Glad to see your new program is going well.

(((Cathain))) looking forward to the new fanfics if the teasers are anything to go by. Hurry up and write them so I can emerge myself in some fanfic :)

I'll begin work on them soon! :D I'm also working my other series too.

Cathain Nottingham
August 22nd, 2005, 05:17 PM
Suekay & Cathain just been reading some of your wonderful fics and wanted to give you some green but alas am not allowed :( so here is a green hug instead (((((((((((((()))))))))))))))))

Going to watch BeachHead now :D Squuuuueeeeeeeeeeeee!!!! :D

(((((((())))))))) Glad you enjoyed! :D

Cathain Nottingham
August 22nd, 2005, 05:25 PM
Oh!

I love it! *happy sigh at the S/J love*

Cathain Nottingham
August 22nd, 2005, 05:26 PM
By the way, has anyone heard the song 'Written in the Stars'? You know, LeeAnn Rimes and Elton John? Well I think it goes perfect with the Sam/Jack ship.The words are perfect.(I'm listening to it now, that's why I brought it up)

I'm going to go back and listen to it - it is a beautiful song.

Cathain Nottingham
August 22nd, 2005, 05:28 PM
wow SueKay ! this new program rocks !!! well actually the program is nothing if you can't use it ! so YOU rock !! :) I love both yours and UhSir sigs ! :) I'm looking forward finding an idea for mine ;)

Cathain...as always, I enjoyed reading your fic a lot !! too bad it was so short I haven't have enough to read in the subway to go to work :D if only my shipper family could post a little pic/day, I'd be more motivated to go to work :D :D

and just cause I feel like hugging here a a big honkin' HUG for the whole family...and JJ the cat :D :D I love cats !!! :)

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((family))))))))))))))))))))))))))

((((((((((())))))))) I'm glad you enjoyed! And I'm trying to get a few of my series longer, wait for the new "Major" chapter, its long!

Cathain Nottingham
August 22nd, 2005, 05:31 PM

Very nice! Then again I've seen what you come up with, you never cease to amaze!

Shipperahoy
August 22nd, 2005, 05:36 PM
I'm really disapointed that the ratings are down too. I was REALLY hoping that they would be up the week that Sam came back. I really don't want to deal with the posts about how this means that Vala was the greatest and the PTB better listen up and bring her back blah blah blah. I didn't hate Vala (I didn't love her either) but Sam is my girl. I really hope that they will do better next week.

ses110
August 22nd, 2005, 06:09 PM
Great point Shipperahoy.We will have to hear about Vala even though the Ratings have not be great with Vala either.This is why this week epsiode is Big for the Sam character and Big for the Show.Sam is my second favorite after Jack and I'am realy hoping the ratings are good this Week.It's still early but thus far the Ratings tell TPTB and some of the Actors that RDA was the key to the Show.

Token
August 22nd, 2005, 06:11 PM
I'm really disapointed that the ratings are down too. I was REALLY hoping that they would be up the week that Sam came back. I really don't want to deal with the posts about how this means that Vala was the greatest and the PTB better listen up and bring her back blah blah blah. I didn't hate Vala (I didn't love her either) but Sam is my girl. I really hope that they will do better next week.

But that doesn't make sense. If the ratings were up because Vala was the greatest then "Beachhead" ratings would have been the same or more. Vala didn't "exit" the episode until the end. It's not a Vala thing unless people are tired of watching the "Vala show" not knowing that she would be leaving this ep and decided not to watch the "sexed-up" Stargate. Real ship brings in the ratings not sex. JMHO.

Buc252
August 22nd, 2005, 06:22 PM

He also talks as if that's really, truly Jack, not just her hallucination of him. It's like he just wasn't paying attention! Jack most certainly did *not* let her go - he did nothing of the sort! Idiot!

chocdoc
August 22nd, 2005, 06:28 PM

I apologize for posting in your thread, for I am not a pro or an anti sam/jack shipper, but I am a Sam fan and I wanted to comment on the ratings.

I did not expect the ratings to actually rise because Sam is back. I think this because I doubt the causal viewer would purposely not watch the first five episodes and then suddenly watch the sixth episode because of Sam, even if they really like Sam. And my guess is that most SG1 fans who like Sam also watched the first five episodes to see what was going on. I know I watched all the episodes even though sam wasn't in them. There would have to be alot of people purposely not watching SG1 until Sam came back, and I can't think of why a bunch of people would do this. They would be lost by the time they actually watched episode 6.

Also, it seems that the ratings only go down from the season premiere during the summer run. For example in the second half of the summer season 7, Lifeboat got a 1.5 and Enemy Mine got a 1.2, even though the premiere (Fallen) was a 1.9. Does that mean that Daniel should not have come back because his first two Daniel-centric episodes after the premiere were quite low in ratings? In season eight, the first five episodes were very strong---2.4, 2.4, 2.0, 2.2, 2.2 but then the lowest of the season were among the next five---examples Affinity 1.8, Avatar 1.8, and Sacrifices 1.7.

So the chances of the ratings going up at episode six this season were highly unlikely, given the earlier trends. The fact that the ratings only dropped slightly for episode 6 is actually a big improvement compared to season 7 and 8. The ratings going slightly down are probably more a reflection of pre-season football. (Note that the second showing of SG1 was much higher than last week). And we are only heading into new season premieres on other channels. So I think the ratings will probably go down further, and then rise when winter season occurs (like in season 7 and 8). This is not a reflection of Sam or not Sam. This has been the trend probably due to time of year, other shows, and football, IMO.

And note that this was Vala's last episode (at least for awhile) and one could argue that the ratings should not have actually gone down while Vala is still there if you think Vala is key. You would want to keep watching because she is on. In reality, this small drop probably has nothing to do with Vala either.

I was hoping that the season premiere would start out higher than 2.1 because the ratings do fall over the summer. But the ratings pick up again in the winter season. Time will tell what will happen for season 9. I think you could argue any position you want to with the ratings. I could argue that the ratings are slightly down because the regular viewer is fed up with Daniel/vala story. Or I could say that Mitchell has not been well developed so viewers are losing interest. But I really think it is the time of year!

Sorry to barge in. I enjoy reading the shipper thread. :D

ses110
August 22nd, 2005, 06:31 PM
Mary AT said the same thing that Jack let Sam go.We Shippers must be watching a different Show.

gwenhwyfar
August 22nd, 2005, 06:35 PM

Lost City? I don't remember that. I guess that means I'll have to rewatch the episode tonight. Thanks!

Buc252
August 22nd, 2005, 06:37 PM

I don't really think it had anything to do with Sam, to be honest. More to do with the entire . . . change . . . in the entire season. Lots of casual viewers probably gave it four or five eps and then checked out for good. And if they gave up, they probably wouldn't know, or wouldn't care, that Sam was returning.

The fact of the matter is, RDA probably brought a majority of the casual viewers, and without him, it's just not the show it was in their view. I have several coworkers who have told me as much, who don't know how . . . active . . . I am online. <g>

sg-1fanintn
August 22nd, 2005, 06:40 PM

Yep, definitely Lost City, part 2. Jack is gradually losing his mind as the Ancient download takes it over. He and Sam are discussing what she came to his house to tell him earlier in the episode (that she loves him!!!!), and didn't get to finish because Daniel and Teal'c showed up. But he knew what she was trying to say, and you get the feeling there's an understanding between them. If only we could have had the kiss there, it would have been perfect, and :eek: would have been history even sooner!

But that doesn't make sense. If the ratings were up because Vala was the greatest then "Beachhead" ratings would have been the same or more. Vala didn't "exit" the episode until the end. It's not a Vala thing unless people are tired of watching the "Vala show" not knowing that she would be leaving this ep and decided not to watch the "sexed-up" Stargate. Real ship brings in the ratings not sex. JMHO.
Then......you're saying they gained Farscape viewers, but lost SG-1 viewers, so the gains cancelled out the losses? Interesting theory. The new blood certainly hasn't pumped up the ratings. But maybe more traditional SG-1 viewers will be back this week, now that word has spread that Sam has returned!

ses110
August 22nd, 2005, 06:43 PM
Token I think a Big issue is TPTB have not given us that many High quality episodes to start the Season.The Season picks up in the Second half.IMO Season 7 and 8 are a great example.There seems to be a lot of Duds in the early part of the Seasons.TPTB have waited until the last episode of the break to give us something Big.If the Ratings are still down for the Four Horseman TPTB could have a real problem.I think there is no automatic the Ratings will go up in the second half especially since RDA is not in the episodes.If we find out ahead of Time RDA will be in the Season Finale it could build momentum.

Buc252
August 22nd, 2005, 06:50 PM
Mary AT said the same thing that Jack let Sam go.We Shippers must be watching a different Show.

Yeah, I know. But, for me personally, AT's already lost her mind and credibility (from the moment she started whining for a boyfriend), so it was no surprise.

Maybe these people forgot to read the script?? <g>

gatewatcher
August 22nd, 2005, 07:05 PM
I'll throw in a vote for purple.

:)

Thanks for the " hi "'s guys!! BTW, thrown in a purple for me, too!! :D
Back to RL.

sg-1fanintn
August 22nd, 2005, 07:13 PM
Yeah, I know. But, for me personally, AT's already lost her mind and credibility (from the moment she started whining for a boyfriend), so it was no surprise.

Maybe these people forgot to read the script?? <g>

Gee, Mary, I see Sam's personal issues so differently! Many professional women reach a certain age and pause to wonder if the path they've chosen is the right one. I did. I was working in a major market at age 24, at the number 1 station in that city. By 27, I was wondering if it was enough. I re-examined my life and decided I could live with a little less professionally if it meant gaining a little more personally. So, I dropped back to a large market, came home and met my husband a few months later. Granted, I could have waited a couple more years before I started to question my choices. But Sam really couldn't. She was in her mid-thirties when she started wondering. I guess I identified with her issues (although I hadn't been waiting for years to have a relationship with my older commanding officer!!!!!), even though our specific situations are different.

I was just always haunted by the feeling that I might wake up some day and decide that what I had chosen wasn't really what I wanted. So, I tried to find a way to have it all. A less demanding, but still fulfilling professional life allowed me to have the personal life I wanted.

Ok, I'm really in danger of going on WAY too long at this point, if I haven't already. I just wanted to say that Sam never lost credibility with me. I thought it took courage to confront her issues head-on, even if it meant taking a wrong turn with :eek: along the way!

UhSir
August 22nd, 2005, 08:08 PM
He also talks as if that's really, truly Jack, not just her hallucination of him. It's like he just wasn't paying attention! Jack most certainly did *not* let her go - he did nothing of the sort! Idiot!

Yes, you are right! In his mind, that scene was supposed to put the kibosh on the Sam/Jack relationship. Then in the shows following Sam is still angsting for Jack. Huh!

Oooo, now I'm really mad at him! I don't get it. He did other shows, like "The Light." Sure, not a super-shippy show but it had it's moments. Why did he change so drastically for "Grace" because of this so-called internet poll? What is that nonsense! Has Stargate become a fast-food restaurant? It's starting to feel like that, I swear. Well then, when are they going to take our order? "May I take your order?" Okay sure, I'll have a little ship please. "Would you like resolution with that?" Oh yeah, and super-size it!

Terrarin
August 22nd, 2005, 08:37 PM
<g>

Uh, I've been out of touch for a while, but I'm needing clarification....When you say "AT" you mean Sam, right? I'm not being critical, I've just missed so much of the last, oh, I don't know...3000 posts... I was kind of worried that maybe AT had lost credibility by saying something untruthful in some sort of interview... But AT represents the blonde, slightly ditzy, but smart actress who in interviews, sometimes gives us great insight into SC.

To me, SC has always been my hero, admittedly, with some personal vulnerabilities (i.e.relationships). Maybe 'whining' was a bit strong, since her predicament (job vs. life&family) is a common one. SC's behavior with regard to a 'boyfriend' and what we believe to be a bad choice :eek: does hint at a decline in her credibility...to herself.