PDA

View Full Version : Sam Carter/Jack O'Neill Ship Appreciation Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 [42] 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57

Gatetrixer
August 18th, 2005, 08:19 PM
Actually, what he said was that :eek: was no "threat" to O'Neill. That doesn't necessarily imply romantic threat, since the idiot had already interfered in more than one military operation, and we didn't truly know that he wasn't going to end up being a bad guy (NID plant? etc). We can't assume that Rick meant anything shippy in regard to the comment, as much as we'd like it to be so.

I can and do assume, though, just 'cause I want to. :D And in the context of what they showed in the Lowdown just before RDA said it, it seemed shippy. But I doubt if RDA knew much of what was going to be shown, and have a feeling he never even saw DDL, even when "Chimera" was filmed. He also said just before the " threat" remark--"I don't know much about Pete."

sg-1fanintn
August 18th, 2005, 08:22 PM
Actually, what he said was that :eek: was no "threat" to O'Neill. That doesn't necessarily imply romantic threat, since the idiot had already interfered in more than one military operation, and we didn't truly know that he wasn't going to end up being a bad guy (NID plant? etc). We can't assume that Rick meant anything shippy in regard to the comment, as much as we'd like it to be so.

Uh.....interfering with operations would have been out of context with the rest of the conversation. The interviewer had asked about Sam and Jack, and the word that Sam was going to get a boyfriend in S7. So I think we can be very certain that RDA meant it in a shippy way.

Oma-1
August 18th, 2005, 08:23 PM
But Mary, assuming ship from just about anything remotely related is what we DO. Whether it's really implied or not isn't the point :p :D

But either way, let's face facts, Jack could take :eek: any day - no matter what scenario. :D

btw, I'm not biased in anyway.... no siree .... whistles...

nell
August 18th, 2005, 08:28 PM
Siler is good, just one degree away from Jack if you consider he's RDA's stunt double.
Awww, but I like Dr. Lee. I think he's cute! And Martin, from Point of No Return. He's adorable. "Uh…Murray? Listen, I'm really sorry I tried to bite you..."
Oops, getting off-topic!

S/J ship happy thoughts: Tomorrow Sam is back and maybe, hopefully, possibly, you never really know, but there could be a little teeny bit of ship?!!

That's the spirit!! I just set my tape for Beach Head! I am excited for Sam's return! I'm hoping for a strong, assertive, confident, and fun "Carter" now that :eek: is not dragging her down!! Oh, for sure I will be on point for the slightest, tiniest, inkling of ship!! If she will only refer to General O'Neill while smiling. Heck, if anybody says his name! **sounding desperate** Let's keep Jack in the story!!

Gatetrixer
August 18th, 2005, 08:31 PM
I know this is not still being discussed, but I doubt very much that RDA and Apryl are married. I'm not an expert on his personal life but reading fairly recent quotes from him and well as the explanation of his leaving in the TVGuide article just before S9 started-- where it described him as a "single parent" just makes me think there's been no change there. Suppose a fan could PM the GW people and ask why his GW bio says what it does, if said fan wanted to.

nell
August 18th, 2005, 08:34 PM
Uh.....interfering with operations would have been out of context with the rest of the conversation. The interviewer had asked about Sam and Jack, and the word that Sam was going to get a boyfriend in S7. So I think we can be very certain that RDA meant it in a shippy way.

I agree! What you said!! :D

UhSir
August 18th, 2005, 08:34 PM
assuming ship from just about anything remotely related is what we DO.

UhSir reporting for duty, Sir! (or ma'am, I don't know what the right military thing to say is) Anyway, I'm ready and able to go out there and make assumptions for the good ship S/J.

Oma-1
August 18th, 2005, 08:36 PM
UhSir reporting for duty, Sir! (or ma'am, I don't know what the right military thing to say is) Anyway, I'm ready and able to go out there and make assumptions for the good ship S/J.
Just grovel and call me "My Lord". That would be fine.

Did I say that out loud :eek:

:D

majorsal
August 18th, 2005, 08:41 PM
http://forum.gateworld.net/images/gw_icons/sam.gif/ :eek: = :mad: :confused: :rolleyes: :(

http://forum.gateworld.net/images/gw_icons/sam.gif/http://forum.gateworld.net/images/gw_icons/jack.gif = :D :D :D :D and :D

k, done, bye.

sally :p

UhSir
August 18th, 2005, 08:43 PM
Yes, My Lord.
As you wish, My Lord.

Gatetrixer
August 18th, 2005, 08:44 PM
BTW, the latest TV Guide describes the upcoming "Beachhead" as "an explosive tale featuring the return of series regular Amanda Tapping."Then something about Carter dropping on bombshell on an Ori force field.

In same edition it says on BG (do I have to spoiler here)? I will, but I only mention it because of the Jack and Sam similarity, Apollo and Starbuck have given up on fighting their feelings, one reason they have fought them-- he's her superior officer!

mad_gater
August 18th, 2005, 08:45 PM
Hi there,

No probs, will do so over the weekend if I get a chance. ;) The stargate fver spreads...I got a woman at worked addicted to it. She watched all my season 1 dvds over the last weekend :s She's a super Stargate freak, like us... now I just have to turn her into a shipper **insert evil laugh**

Stargate's on tonight!!! :) BUT, it's still season 8, promethus unbound..more Daniel and Vala..so gonna wait to get to the ep on the dvds. :(

Ciao peeps :D Happy Shippering
Meaning you have to work on assimilating her into the collective.....:P:D

UhSir
August 18th, 2005, 08:45 PM
My Lord (Oma-1), Is it okay that I'm ROFLMAO because of majorsal's last post, My Lord?

majorsal
August 18th, 2005, 08:53 PM
Why does Gateworld keep crashing on me? I was trying to answer Sue's question about when I started shipping, and it keeps sticking and stopping me...i think it's a conspiracy.

michelle, gateworld is suffering from occasional boughts of constipation :p, so there's another way of posting that seems to work fine. use 'QR' (quick reply) to post until this prob ends. but be sure to save your text/post to notepad or something *before* you hit send, just incase the QR doesn't work either.

sally :D

Gatetrixer
August 18th, 2005, 08:56 PM
http://forum.gateworld.net/images/gw_icons/sam.gif/ :eek: = :mad: :confused: :rolleyes: :(

http://forum.gateworld.net/images/gw_icons/sam.gif/http://forum.gateworld.net/images/gw_icons/jack.gif = :D :D :D :D and :D

k, done, bye.

The shippers' rebus.

majorsal
August 18th, 2005, 08:58 PM
didn't the ship between ryker and troi take about 100 years (well not exactly but...) and I believe that by the time that happened-no-one really cared anymore.

yep. :rolleyes:

they had them get married in the lastest movie, and they had a BED SCENE, but... it was ho-hum because THEY WAITED TOO LONG to resolve the ship. not that the actors still didn't have the chemistry, it's that as a fan, i lost a lot of interest. i hope that's a lesson to ptb everyone to NOT WAIT TOO LONG for resolution to any storyline.

*clears throat*

k, i'm done. :p

nell
August 18th, 2005, 09:15 PM
yep. :rolleyes:

they had them get married in the lastest movie, and they had a BED SCENE, but... it was ho-hum because THEY WAITED TOO LONG to resolve the ship. not that the actors still didn't have the chemistry, it's that as a fan, i lost a lot of interest. i hope that's a lesson to ptb everyone to NOT WAIT TOO LONG for resolution to any storyline.

*clears throat*

k, i'm done. :p

I never saw that movie. I didn't know until now that they married. Just like you said, I lost interest and just tuned out! Although the last Star Trek ship I remember was Troi and Worf **please let me have remembered his name correctly** in some time travel/alternate universe thing! I liked Worf!!**growl**
And OT again, yeah TPTB, don't wait any longer!!! Sam and Jack, Bring 'em Back!!!

mad_gater
August 18th, 2005, 09:31 PM
michelleb, Gateworld has been locking up the browser on me when I try to reply with the regular Quote. I never have a problem using the QR. Frustrating! What I've been doing if I want to quote someone is, first use the Quote, select the text, copy, and then use Back in the browser. I paste the text into my word processor, type my stuff, select and copy. Go to the browser and use the QR, paste and Post. It hasn't locked up on me that way. (Crosses fingers and knocks on wood. Ow!)
Uhhh....you are aware that there is a "quote message in reply" checkbox under the text box for "quick reply?" :P:D

mad_gater
August 18th, 2005, 09:52 PM
Hi Shipper Friends!!!

OK, I sure hope this gets posted. It's my third try to tell how I became a shipper.

Well, I was a Lord of the Rings fan. Big time!!! After The Return of the King, I was without the Aragorn and Arwen Ship not to mention, but I will, the action, adventure, fantasy, magic and delightfulness of Tolkien's Middle Earth!!

So, I'm looking for a new "hobby!" I'm surfing on TV and come across Stargate. I'd seen commercials and surfed past episodes but never stopped until one fateful day!! I don't know which episode I watched but it was....interesting!!! RDA is so hot!!! I watched more and regularly. I noticed a spark between Sam and Jack!! Well, I am nothing if not a good hobbyist and I went to Google to find out more about Stargate. This led me to SciFi Channel and links and a transcript of an interview with Michael Shanks and Amanda Tapping. She was responding to questions about Jack and Sam and Shippers. Shippers?? What are Shippers?

Back to Google! I type in Stargate SG-1, shippers!!! Wow!!! Wowee!!! Gotta love Google!!

I discovered Sam and Jack FANFICTION!!! :p Shipper Heaven!!! :p I kinda felt like a kid in a candy store!!! :D

Then, I found Gateworld and lurked, alot, before joining what has turned out to be a terrific place with all of you!!! :)
Here's how I became a shipper:

I saw absolutely NO ship between anybody....was more focused on the actionand exploration.....and certain female members of the cast (Sam and Janet are HOT!! :P:D)

I had to be bludgeoned with an actual statement of Jack and Sam's feelings for each other in D&C...low and behold, I became a shipper...watched the preceding eps with my rose-timted shipper glasses.....lurked on this thread for awhile till I got over my shyness and became one of the rare few males to join the collective....errrr....family....:P:D

My first post was a rant about Loser Duckspud.....:D:D

mad_gater
August 18th, 2005, 09:54 PM
Hi everyone! I skimmed over what I missed but I really didn't read anything (sorry everyone). I was just in a car accident so I don't want to fight my computer to go back *tries to count how many pages*

Anyway anything big I miss?
:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Are you OK?

Queen Eleta
August 18th, 2005, 10:01 PM
Well I know I'm not going anywhere tonight, I've got classes tomorrow.

I really hope you are okay!! Please keep all this advice in mind if you feel the slightest bit wrong, even if it is days later. Soft tissue injuries can take awhile to show up sometimes.

Queen Eleta
August 18th, 2005, 10:05 PM
But Mary, assuming ship from just about anything remotely related is what we DO. Whether it's really implied or not isn't the point :p :D

But either way, let's face facts, Jack could take :eek: any day - no matter what scenario. :D

btw, I'm not biased in anyway.... no siree .... whistles...

Glad to know I'm not the only one!!! My husband gives me the weirdest looks sometimes when we are watching, and I get all giggly over a look, or gesture, or something, and he says, 'What, are you in high school or something?'

mad_gater
August 18th, 2005, 10:10 PM
Just grovel and call me "My Lord". That would be fine.

Did I say that out loud :eek:

:D
I grovel for no one, ms. false god!!!!!! :P:D

ST-1
August 18th, 2005, 10:45 PM
Hey y'all, I just finished another S/J ship fic, Nine Years (http://www.gateworld.net/fanfic/archive/39/nineyears.html). Please read (it's short!) and tell me what you think! :)

P.S. If you do read it, you might want a box of tissues nearby... ;) :o

gate_girl12
August 19th, 2005, 01:26 AM
(((Cathain)))
Hope you're doing ok. Make sure you put a heat pack on your neck and move it every now and again (slowly) to maintain flexibility.
BTW Shipper Family, I was really impressed by everyone's good wishes.. this really is like a family :)

In regards to previous comments regarding :o and Sam and her weakness in threads (I know I know, we have moved on from this topic) but I agree. I mean what kind of guy would do a background check on his girlfriend with the FBI and then follow her around!!! The word stalker comes to mind. I mean I know Sam has trouble keeping her boyfriends alive... but I would've killed him!!!

Jack has...for the most part...treated Sam as an equal. He never doubts her abilities and the fact that she can look after herself. As much as he loves her...he respects her and her position in the military. He doesn't push her, and I love that about them :D

Oma-1
August 19th, 2005, 01:26 AM
I grovel for no one, ms. false god!!!!!! :P:D
How about "Oh Wise & Powerful One" instead :D

*Boy! Sounds like I'm on a real power trip :eek: Although .... nothing wrong with that is there????? No, I've always liked interfering in the lives of mere mortals - bringing them enlightenment and lots of rules to follow....* :D

gate_girl12
August 19th, 2005, 03:11 AM
K guys, I've decided I like my old one better. So here it is: for better or worse.

BTW was looking through some Ashley McConnell Stargate novels and here are some quotes you might enjoy:
"O'Neill, Jackson could tell, had noticed. He had that pleased, appreciative glint in his eye, the one he got around attractive women. He even got it around Carter sometimes when she wasn't looking." (The Price you Pay, p.68)

"Maybe he'd suggest it to the whole team, though Carter would argue about it. Carter always argued. It was one of the delightful aspects of her personality." (First Amendment, p.59)

"Anyway." Carter got up and refilled her coffee cup, adding some powdered almond cream flavouring and ignoring the disgusted looks she got from the others as a result. If they really thought it was that terrible, she reasoned, why did the stuff appear next to O'Neill's coffeepot mere days after he'd found out she liked it? (The First Amendment, pp. 113-114)

and finally:

"...was her subconscious trying to tell her that her commander was a giant octopus with tentacles? And what exactly was he supposed to be using those tentacles for? She bit her lip hard to stifle her response to that image. Literally, she snickered, in my dreams!" (Th Morpheus Factor, p.109)

Hehe :)

NG.1
August 19th, 2005, 03:46 AM
Just want to know from the Sam/Jack shipper group. What is your favorite shipper group in Atlantis. Mine is Sheppard and Weir, but I don't know whether I'm on the save wave lenght than the rest of you.

NG.1
August 19th, 2005, 03:49 AM
If you guys will excuse me I would love to start a new discussion topic about Sam/Jack...

I have noticed in numerous fics and did the same for some of mine that people are speculating about the 'powers' that a child of Sam and Jack will have.

What is your option...do you think their child will be normal or will the child be different due to what had happened to his/her parents.

Also...IS GRACE THEIR CHILD???? This is driving my crazy, up the wall and right into the funny farm.

Alex_O'neill
August 19th, 2005, 04:23 AM
Welcome, Irishchick!
Welcome, Alex_O'neill
Welcome back, samisjacksgal!

K guys, I've decided I like my old one better

You have make the good choice :D

Just want to know from the Sam/Jack shipper group. What is your favorite shipper group in Atlantis

My favorite shipper group in Atlantis is Sheppard / Weir ;)

Shippers family forever :D

gate_girl12
August 19th, 2005, 04:35 AM
Don't watch Atlantis, so I don't have a fav shipper. But Sam and Jack still kickass.

As for Sam and Jack's child... I don't see why they should have any powers... Sam only has the protein marker from Jolinar because she was a host, whether or not that would be passed down to her children is anyone's guess. It would make sense though that any of Jack's childrens dna would be protected by the Asgard due to the ancient gene.
I would like to think that Grace is their offspring, as they cast a little girl with beautiful brown eyes like Jack's. But I don't think so since TPTB tried to give Sam some closure regarding her relationship with Jack...telling her to move on. Thus it wouldn't make sense to make Grace their child when TBTP are trying to resolve S/J's relationship.

But then again, we can dream can't we :p

nell
August 19th, 2005, 05:21 AM
Jack's wishing Sam good luck in Beach Head tonight!!!

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y209/cilljill/thumbs-up.jpg

*thanks to carterslab for pic*

UhSir
August 19th, 2005, 07:05 AM
Uhhh....you are aware that there is a "quote message in reply" checkbox under the text box for "quick reply?" :P:D
Testing mad_gater's suggestion to see if it works.

I usually like to trim down the quoted text though.

EDIT:
Yep, it worked. Thanks MG! :o Why didn't I notice that little checkbox before?

UhSir
August 19th, 2005, 07:13 AM
Help! I'm sure I read a post in here yesterday about RDA wanting to revisit the Hundred Days story. I've been digging through these pages and other threads for over an hour but now I can't find it. Does anyone else remember reading this? I want to make a reply to it, but only if it was in this thread.

gate_girl12
August 19th, 2005, 07:21 AM
No, i haven't read it in here. But argh! Why would he want to??? He has Sam...he needs to forget about that skanky woman...what was her name, Liar? Oh Laira...not far off :p

nell
August 19th, 2005, 07:28 AM
Help! I'm sure I read a post in here yesterday about RDA wanting to revisit the Hundred Days story. I've been digging through these pages and other threads for over an hour but now I can't find it. Does anyone else remember reading this? I want to make a reply to it, but only if it was in this thread.

Hi! I recall someone mentioned that about RDA. Now, that is wrong on sooooo many levels! TPTB needed then as now to allocate more air time to developing Jack's and Sam's characters and their relationship!! Gotta go, RL strikes again!!

TONIGHT, BEACH HEAD!!! :D

UhSir
August 19th, 2005, 07:34 AM
No, i haven't read it in here. But argh! Why would he want to??? He has Sam...he needs to forget about that skanky woman...what was her name, Liar? Oh Laira...not far off :p
Oy! I couldn't have been dreaming, could I? No, I'm sure I didn't dream it. As I was getting in bed last night I was thinking about the post and started thinking about a reply. Could I have dreamed that too? Oh dear, has this obesession spread from my conscious into my sub-conscious and now I can't even differentiate between the two?

UhSir
August 19th, 2005, 07:48 AM
Hi! I recall someone mentioned that about RDA. Now, that is wrong on sooooo many levels! TPTB needed then as now to allocate more air time to developing Jack's and Sam's characters and their relationship!! Gotta go, RL strikes again!!

TONIGHT, BEACH HEAD!!! :D
Phew! What a relief! I'll keep looking for it and I'll work on doing that reply.

gate_girl12
August 19th, 2005, 07:52 AM
Or I could just be wrong??? Stranger things have happened :p

Cathain Nottingham
August 19th, 2005, 08:24 AM
Yes, if your doctor looked like Jack, you would have gone straight to the hospital......'fess up!

I wish my doctor looked like Jack. My doctor looks more like Dr. Lee. But my dentist looks kinda like Siler......

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Are you OK?

I really hope you are okay!! Please keep all this advice in mind if you feel the slightest bit wrong, even if it is days later. Soft tissue injuries can take awhile to show up sometimes.

Yes sg-1fanintn you're right if my doc looked like Jack I'd be as bad as Daniel and Siler put together!

(((((mad_gater))))) Yes I think I'm okay, car damage but other than that ok.

Queen Eleta I think I am and I will, promise!

And to the rest of the shipper family! Small update before I jet off, I think I'm okay after a night of rest. My upper back / neck is a little sore and stiff but I don't think it's anything...if anything probably just the way I slept! And thank you to everyone for the very sweet outcry of love, proving to everyone that we really are a family here!

(((((((((((((((((())))))))))))))))))

melpomene
August 19th, 2005, 08:36 AM
If you guys will excuse me I would love to start a new discussion topic about Sam/Jack...

I have noticed in numerous fics and did the same for some of mine that people are speculating about the 'powers' that a child of Sam and Jack will have.

What is your option...do you think their child will be normal or will the child be different due to what had happened to his/her parents.

Also...IS GRACE THEIR CHILD???? This is driving my crazy, up the wall and right into the funny farm.

Well I'm a fic writer and I've always perferred the idea of Sam and Jack's kids being normal. Well, maybe a little taller/stronger/healthier due to thier fantastic genetics...but that's what I went with. As for the idea of Grace I did name of of thier kids Grace in a fic but it's more of a Sam liking the name, or naming thier daughter after Grace. The concept of Sam and Jack's future daughter visiting her in the episode has always escaped me. Nothing against those who believe it, it's a beautiful idea. I just haven't used it.

nickatell
August 19th, 2005, 08:55 AM
I don't think the relationship between Jack and Sam has made Sam weak in any way, on the contrary, I think their relationship has elevated Sams skills as a soldier and strengthened her emotions as a woman. I do think the fact that she questioned her feelings for Jack, met another guy (what seemed like the first guy she came across), accepted a wedding proposal (hard to type), backed out of the wedding proposal (thank goodness), and realized that her feelings for Jack were real after all, was a lot to digest in one season. The fact that this all happened in one season (about) and the fact that we saw no kick-butt soldier Sam when the baton was passed down from O'Neill, made us all sit back with our mouths hanging open wondering what happened to Sam and to that extent I can understand why she would be tired of the "relationship" role of Sam Carter. The part of AT's comments that I have trouble with is when she says she will be rememebered as only Jacks girl (never happen), or to have two of the leads fall in love with one another is an old cliche, that part may be but not many leads have carried it off half as well or half as believable. I will never believe though that Sam Carter is nothing but an exceptional role model for girls of any age; she is a strong, smart, independent, responsible, loyal, kick-butt soldier and she has proven to herself that only her true love Jack who loves her, trusts her and constantly supports her will do for her. To strive to have the best of both worlds and except nothing less speaks volumns.
Something else I feel passionate about, it took 8 years for Jack and Sam to be where they are today (exactly where is anyones guess) we are use to these two taking their relationship very seriously and thats why I believe many people including myseslf were not happy with the results of Moebius 2 because it wasn't serious as I believe the coming together of these two people would be. We have watched these two carry such strong emotions for one another for so long that to say they are together now is wrong for me without the emotions, the look in their eyes of acceptance because they can't fight it or hide it any longer, willing now to do something about it because they are part of one another; without seeing these emotions and then sealing their intentions with a passionate kiss is simply unacceptable an unbelievable. I still hold out hope that with one of RDA's hopeful returns that we will still get our proper ending but until then watching Stargate SG2 isn't an option, although I will take a peek tonight for Sams return.

gatebee
August 19th, 2005, 08:56 AM

k, done, bye.

very cool, simple and to the point ....no matter how you add it .... Sam and Jack "Always"...
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v205/FilBrit1/87572da3.jpg

ann_sgcfan
August 19th, 2005, 08:58 AM

That is an interesting question and I tend to go back and forth speculating just how much Jack/Sam's kids have powers. Would they have just a trace or what they be able to do all those cool things their parents can do?

Sam's DNA has forever been changed by Jolinar, so I think she would pass along some of those traits to her children. Would it be enough to operate a healing device, I don't know. I think it would be interesting to explore, and just how did they come into contact with Goa'uld technology?

As far as Jack's DNA being transferred to his and Sam's kids (I just like saying that "Jack & Sam's kids):D Jack has the ancient gene and he has had the ancient knowledge downloaded twice. So I would think he would pass the ancient gene and possible some ancient knowledge to his children.

If Tok’ra/Goa’uld or Goa’uld/Goa’uld can produce a Heresy (sp?) offspring. What does that make a child with Ancient genes and Tok’ra symbiote genes? That would make for some powerful knowledge I would think.

Is Grace Jack/Sam’s child? Sure why not, I have no proof one way or the other. Until TPTB bring the child back and prove otherwise. Then I will happily accept that scenario.

Okay once again I have become long winded .... sorry. :o

sueKay
August 19th, 2005, 09:03 AM
Hello everyone!!

(((((((((((((Cathain)))))))))))))

Get to a doctor...no arguments...go and make sure you're okay.

Trust me - After two bus crashes and getting hit by a car I know it's better to be safe than sorry.

When I got hit by the car, I was on my bike going down a hill. I crashed into a metal barrier and completely buckled the bike. I was covered in bruising and I was sorew all over, but never went to the doctors...Two days later I couldn't move at all...My mum rushed me to the doctors...

3 broken ribs, mild concussion, several torn muscles and snapped ligaments...

Please...at least put us as ease by getting seen by someone.

gatebee
August 19th, 2005, 09:23 AM
Jack is calling up Sam cause he misses her.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v205/FilBrit1/jack.jpg

gatebee
August 19th, 2005, 09:29 AM
Sam and Jack are calling Cathain to immediately go to the doctor

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v205/FilBrit1/9bd3daa8.jpg

UhSir
August 19th, 2005, 11:01 AM
DISCLAIMER – The following is 100% pure fiction. I made it up as I typed (and occasionally giggled. You should’ve seen the looks I was getting from coworkers :confused:. Hah! They think I’m loving my job!)

WARNING – If you don’t like fiction, stop reading now. If you don’t like anything to do with the story about Laira, stop reading now.

Re: RDA wanting to revisit the Hundred Days story.

The Hundred Days story did get a revisit. What? You all missed it? Oh wait, they never filmed it, all of the pages were torn out of the script. Well, aren’t you all lucky that I salvaged them from the dumpster outside of the studios!

Yep, they resolved the whole Jack and Laira story back in season 7. This was the C story in Chimera. :( You know, the A story was Daniel/Osiris and the B story was Sam/:eek:. Well, this happens after the scene with Sam and Jack in the elevator and before the discussion in the briefing room where we finally see Jack again. And you all just thought he was off sulking in his beer.

EXTERIOR – EDORA STARGATE

View from behind the Stargate, which is engaged then, Fwoop!, it shuts down. Jack is standing on the platform, his back to the gate, dressed in civilian clothes. He looks around then starts walking down a road.

EXTERIOR – EDORA ROAD

Jack is walking along the road and he sees Haynan working in the field. He stops and waves.

JACK: Haynan, hello!

Haynan stops working and looks up. He walks toward Jack.

HAYNAN: Jack! It has been many years since you were last here. Are you alone? Is all well with you?

JACK: I am alone and all is, well, so-so. I had some free time so I thought I’d drop by and see how things are going around here. Do you know where I might find Laira?

HAYNAN: I’m sure she would be at her house at this time. She has much to do with the…

JACK: Thanks. I’m gonna head over and see her. I’ll talk to you later.

HAYNAN: Fair day, Jack.

Jack walks down the road and Haynan returns to the field.

EXTERIOR – EDORA VILLAGE

Jack is standing on the doorstep of a house. He knocks on the door and looks around, shuffling his feet, hands in his pockets. The door opens and we see Laira holding a very young baby.

LAIRA: Jack! How wonderful to see you. It has been many years since you were last here. Are you alone? Is all well with you?

JACK: Déjà vu, sort of?

LAIRA: Please, come inside.

Laira walks away from the door. Jack enters and closes the door. Laira sits down at the table.

LAIRA: Sit down, Jack.

Jack sits at the table across from Laira. He looks at her then nods his head to the baby in her arms.

JACK: Yours?

LAIRA: You never came back. About a year ago, a man came through the stone ring, the ancestors guided him to me, and…

She snuggles the baby.

JACK: Ah yes, the ancestors. Or maybe biological clock?

LAIRA: I don’t understand.

JACK: It’s a saying we have on Earth. It has to do with time running out for…

He nods at the baby again. Laira looks confused.

JACK: You know, like an alarm clock? You can only press the snooze button so many times before the alarm stops going off completely? Maybe you ran out of snoozes.

He ponders what he just said and furrows his eyebrows. Laira is silent and still looks confused.

JACK: Speaking of clocks…

He looks at his watch and taps the crystal.

JACK: Well, hey, would you look at the time.

He stands up and walks to the door. Laira rises and walks after him.

JACK: Yep, I gotta get back to Earth. Big meeting about bad guys and… stuff.

He opens the door and walks out.

LAIRA: Fair day and be well, Jack.

JACK: Sure thing.

He walks down the road through the village.

EXTERIOR – EDORA ROAD

Jack is walking down the road. Haynan is working further back in the field. He looks up and sees Jack but Jack is nearly out of sight already. Haynan returns to working.

INTERIOR – SGC GATE ROOM

Fwoop! Jack walks down the ramp and stops in front of Hammond who is standing at the bottom of the ramp. Hammond looks confused.

HAMMOND: That was quick.

JACK: Yes sir, it certainly was.

He turns away from Hammond and leaves the gate room.

NG.1
August 19th, 2005, 11:21 AM
That is an interesting question and I tend to go back and forth speculating just how much Jack/Sam's kids have powers. Would they have just a trace or what they be able to do all those cool things their parents can do?

Sam's DNA has forever been changed by Jolinar, so I think she would pass along some of those traits to her children. Would it be enough to operate a healing device, I don't know. I think it would be interesting to explore, and just how did they come into contact with Goa'uld technology?

As far as Jack's DNA being transferred to his and Sam's kids (I just like saying that "Jack & Sam's kids):D Jack has the ancient gene and he has had the ancient knowledge downloaded twice. So I would think he would pass the ancient gene and possible some ancient knowledge to his children.

If Tok’ra/Goa’uld or Goa’uld/Goa’uld can produce a Heresy (sp?) offspring. What does that make a child with Ancient genes and Tok’ra symbiote genes? That would make for some powerful knowledge I would think.

Is Grace Jack/Sam’s child? Sure why not, I have no proof one way or the other. Until TPTB bring the child back and prove otherwise. Then I will happily accept that scenario.

Okay once again I have become long winded .... sorry. :o

Ditto on your thoughts and I'm on the same wavelenght. I also thought that that if a Goa'uld and another Goa'uld can produce a Heresy offspring then surely the same should be true about Jack and Sam.

Maybe we should review all the changes they experienced over the years:

S
P
O
I
L
E
R
S
IN
C
A
S
E

Jack:
Once infected with a Goa'uld symbiote although it died in Jack's body when he was frozen. Surely it should then have broken down in his body??
Once infected with a Tok'ra symbiote. The symbiote did flee his body, but what changes might have happened in Jack's body before that?

Ancient database twice downloaded in his brain. Asgard did remove it, but again we don't know how it might have affected his neural pathways.

Ancient gene in his body - this we know makes him an advance human and he can oberate all their nice gadgets.

Sam:
Brain changed/enlarged due to what happened in the Entity. Surely once your neural ways are overwritten/enlarged etc. it should have some sort of effect on you???

Infected by Jolinar?? Remember she has the proteine marker and Jolinar's memories. By the way would her child inherit that memories??

And then there is metamorphisis (sp?) Yes she did go through the machine at the end to fix (:D) her, but we don't know what permanent/long term damages/changes it may have caused in her.

Okay...can't think of anything else, but anybody feel free to speculate on this.

NG.1
August 19th, 2005, 11:25 AM
K guys, I've decided I like my old one better. So here it is: for better or worse.

BTW was looking through some Ashley McConnell Stargate novels and here are some quotes you might enjoy:
"O'Neill, Jackson could tell, had noticed. He had that pleased, appreciative glint in his eye, the one he got around attractive women. He even got it around Carter sometimes when she wasn't looking." (The Price you Pay, p.68)

"Maybe he'd suggest it to the whole team, though Carter would argue about it. Carter always argued. It was one of the delightful aspects of her personality." (First Amendment, p.59)

"Anyway." Carter got up and refilled her coffee cup, adding some powdered almond cream flavouring and ignoring the disgusted looks she got from the others as a result. If they really thought it was that terrible, she reasoned, why did the stuff appear next to O'Neill's coffeepot mere days after he'd found out she liked it? (The First Amendment, pp. 113-114)

and finally:

"...was her subconscious trying to tell her that her commander was a giant octopus with tentacles? And what exactly was he supposed to be using those tentacles for? She bit her lip hard to stifle her response to that image. Literally, she snickered, in my dreams!" (Th Morpheus Factor, p.109)

Hehe :)

Oh, wow. I am going to buy those books right now!!!!

trupi
August 19th, 2005, 11:28 AM
Ditto on your thoughts and I'm on the same wavelenght. I also thought that that if a Goa'uld and another Goa'uld can produce a Heresy offspring then surely the same should be true about Jack and Sam.

Maybe we should review all the changes they experienced over the years:

S
P
O
I
L
E
R
S
IN
C
A
S
E

Jack:
Once infected with a Goa'uld symbiote although it died in Jack's body when he was frozen. Surely it should then have broken down in his body??
Once infected with a Tok'ra symbiote. The symbiote did flee his body, but what changes might have happened in Jack's body before that?

Ancient database twice downloaded in his brain. Asgard did remove it, but again we don't know how it might have affected his neural pathways.

Ancient gene in his body - this we know makes him an advance human and he can oberate all their nice gadgets.

Sam:
Brain changed/enlarged due to what happened in the Entity. Surely once your neural ways are overwritten/enlarged etc. it should have some sort of effect on you???

Infected by Jolinar?? Remember she has the proteine marker and Jolinar's memories. By the way would her child inherit that memories??

And then there is metamorphisis (sp?) Yes she did go through the machine at the end to fix (:D) her, but we don't know what permanent/long term damages/changes it may have caused in her.

Okay...can't think of anything else, but anybody feel free to speculate on this.
Cool we have someone from South Africa! Welcome to the thread! What time is it there, so we can keep track for next years ship day. Post often!

NG.1
August 19th, 2005, 11:32 AM
Don't watch Atlantis, so I don't have a fav shipper. But Sam and Jack still kickass.

As for Sam and Jack's child... I don't see why they should have any powers... Sam only has the protein marker from Jolinar because she was a host, whether or not that would be passed down to her children is anyone's guess. It would make sense though that any of Jack's childrens dna would be protected by the Asgard due to the ancient gene.
I would like to think that Grace is their offspring, as they cast a little girl with beautiful brown eyes like Jack's. But I don't think so since TPTB tried to give Sam some closure regarding her relationship with Jack...telling her to move on. Thus it wouldn't make sense to make Grace their child when TBTP are trying to resolve S/J's relationship.

But then again, we can dream can't we :p

Dreaming...mmm. In my dreams all sorts of interesting things happen between my favorite couple and before I know it, it turns out into fanfiction.

trupi
August 19th, 2005, 11:36 AM

Great pics! Thanks for the green! Tried to give back but :( :( :( :( . As soon as I can- :D

NG.1
August 19th, 2005, 11:36 AM
Well I'm a fic writer and I've always perferred the idea of Sam and Jack's kids being normal. Well, maybe a little taller/stronger/healthier due to thier fantastic genetics...but that's what I went with. As for the idea of Grace I did name of of thier kids Grace in a fic but it's more of a Sam liking the name, or naming thier daughter after Grace. The concept of Sam and Jack's future daughter visiting her in the episode has always escaped me. Nothing against those who believe it, it's a beautiful idea. I just haven't used it.

Okay, question for you.

If Jack and Sam's kids are going to have fantastic genes...do you think they are going to be like extremely healthy and resistant to some sedatives the way that Sam currently is due to Jolinar's genes?

gatebee
August 19th, 2005, 12:03 PM
Great pics! Thanks for the green! Tried to give back but :( :( :( :( . As soon as I can- :D

no problem ....it is my pleasure to post pics of our Sam and Jack
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v205/FilBrit1/jacksam.jpg

Sam_o_Neill
August 19th, 2005, 12:19 PM
Hey guys! :D
I've had a pretty busy week and havent been able to get on here much....
I can't wait to see Beachhead later!! We finally get to see Sam!I can't believe how much i've missed her.

Hope everyone is ok :D

NG.1
August 19th, 2005, 12:19 PM
Cool we have someone from South Africa! Welcome to the thread! What time is it there, so we can keep track for next years ship day. Post often!

Thanks!!! But have actually been here for a while, lurking in the background only posting once in a lifetime.

As for the time...we are an hour behind Brittian and the same time as France - if I remember correctly, :S

Somnium
August 19th, 2005, 12:39 PM
Cathain - Hope your ok, sorry to hear about your accident. As the others have already said you really should get your self checked out by a doc. I have had a severe car accident and know it can get worse before it gets better.

As for S&Js children I like to think that they would inherit fantastic health, some ancient genes, probably a trace of naqadah, Carters brains, O'Neills humor, and theyd probably grow up and join the military. While they would probably be quite advanced I dont think theyd have powers as such. I love the idea of them having children (and soon too) but I dont think Grace is their child, agree that Sam might choose that name tho as it is really nice and I can see Jack liking it too.

So how many children will they have and what other names do you think theyd choose?

Hulabaloo
August 19th, 2005, 01:06 PM
Great Pics!

sueKay
August 19th, 2005, 01:13 PM
Good to see you back here NG.1!!!!!

I remember I asked you this before after a great and well thought out post in another thread months ago...but what does your name mean???

If I remember correctly, I asked you that then invited you here!

If not, then I apologise!

S&J's kids...They're gonna be kick-ass academics with a great sense of humour no matter what extra abilities they get from their parents!

Somnium
August 19th, 2005, 01:14 PM
Ok so I asked this over on the RDA Thunk thread 'cos am interested to know, what other shows do you watch?? I have some idea thanks to the who else do you ship for Q somebody else asked, but am curious??

dipsofjazz
August 19th, 2005, 01:14 PM
Hey y'all, I just finished another S/J ship fic, Nine Years (http://www.gateworld.net/fanfic/archive/39/nineyears.html). Please read (it's short!) and tell me what you think! :)

Wow! Another great story. Thanks. http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/4/4_9_3.gif

sueKay
August 19th, 2005, 01:22 PM

Beautiful fic...absolutely lovely, and very very sad.

Somnium
August 19th, 2005, 01:45 PM
[/i]
Beautiful fic...absolutely lovely, and very very sad.

I have to agree with SueKays comments, fantastic work. More please :D

SueKay - Am looking at your fics now, any recomendations of what to read first. Ill probably read them all any how, I just absorb (and adore) fan fic so Ill read everything I can lay my hands on
http://bestsmileys.com/clapping/2.gif

sueKay
August 19th, 2005, 01:56 PM
Somnium - thank you!

My recs...

(how big headed is this...recommending my own fics:o)
Humour - Jack's Big Day, Of F302s Archaeologists and COs
Angst - Woven Threads (some bad language), In Between the Threads
Adventure - The Third Race (full of plot holes and Pete's in it but still...), The General's Hell (Nominated at the 2004 SJFAs, so I must have done something right!

All the links are in my sig! :D

ST-1
August 19th, 2005, 02:25 PM
((((((((dipsofjazz, Somnium, & sueKay))))))) Thank you! I was in the mood to write something dark-ish, and I've always wondered why Jack never "unloaded" on anybody...and what would happen if he did. :o Don't worry, I will write more, especially now that I am jobless (again :( ) and have lots o' time on my hands... :rolleyes:

Somnium
August 19th, 2005, 02:28 PM
Somnium - thank you!

My recs...

(how big headed is this...recommending my own fics:o)
Humour - Jack's Big Day, Of F302s Archaeologists and COs
Angst - Woven Threads (some bad language), In Between the Threads
Adventure - The Third Race (full of plot holes and Pete's in it but still...), The General's Hell (Nominated at the 2004 SJFAs, so I must have done something right!

All the links are in my sig! :D

Squueee! thanks am gonna curl up on the sofa (with a beer and cookies) and start on Jacks big day in a mo.

dipsofjazz
August 19th, 2005, 02:33 PM
((((((((dipsofjazz, Somnium, & sueKay))))))) Thank you! I was in the mood to write something dark-ish, and I've always wondered why Jack never "unloaded" on anybody...and what would happen if he did. :o Don't worry, I will write more, especially now that I am jobless (again :( ) and have lots o' time on my hands... :rolleyes:
:( I'm sorry to hear that you are jobless again, and hope something comes up soon for you. With a purely selfish thought...it means lots more stories for us!!!! :D :D :D

sueKay
August 19th, 2005, 02:33 PM
Somnium - they're not all complete, so feel free to give me the customary kick up the rear end if you want to read more :D

(((ST.1))) Sorry about your job :( I'm currently job-hunting too...I've had enough of my employer treating me like <insert expletive>

ST-1
August 19th, 2005, 02:47 PM
I've had enough of my employer treating me like <insert expletive>

I feel 'ya there...so often it seems like you get paid crap, get treated like crap, or both, and for the sake of your sanity it's not worth putting up with.

But you're going to Uni, right? So there's a light at the end of the tunnel! :)

BTW, I just read "Jack's Big Day" and was ROTFLMAO the whole time! Great fic! :D

sueKay
August 19th, 2005, 02:57 PM
ST-1 - Sure hope so!

I get about half the Governments 'minimum' rate of pay...they always find loop holes.

I hate my job and I hate the boss and I HATE IT!!!!!

Grr!!!

If any of the UK shippers lives near Ponden Mill Store...remember that I HATE THEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry...

On topic :D

SAM AND JACK TOGETHER FOR EVER AND EVER AND EVER!

BrenRen
August 19th, 2005, 03:54 PM
Sam is weak because she angsts over Jack but she's not weak when she gets lovey-dovey with some guy who insists on treating her like a little girl?

I don't get it. Grrrrrrrrr!

Excuse me, I have to go before I blow a gasket!

Umm... What you said... I completely agree.... Except, rather than blow a gasket, I've taken to taking it out in fic... Yeah, I'm back with Shameless Self Promotion once again... I've finally found my muse, in spite of some really good painkillers and other like meds, and I've gotten some things posted at long last!

The newest, and hot off the presses is this one, is "Recitfying Her Fall From Grace" which, in case the title doesn't make it completely obvious, is my fix to the Hallucination Conversation.

For the grown-ups, I've just completed a three-part story that's a missing scene fic for 1969... Definitely not for the kiddies, it's archived at the Sam&Jack Adult Fic archive. "It Was A Good Year" can be found here: http://sjnc17.stargate-brats.net/viewstory.php?sid=922

Okay, enough shameless plugging... back to the serious discussion... In my happy place, Sam & Jack Are together. They always have been, always will be, and nothing TIIC or anyone else says, Nothing can Ever Come Between Them!

Sam & Jack ARE Together Forever!!!!

And The Spudly Duckling never happened.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it!!!!!

(((((((((((((((((((Shipper Family))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

Happy Shipping!!!

BrenRen
August 19th, 2005, 03:59 PM
I tried to edit the above post, but it crashed on me... I was a dork and forgot the link for the first story! Trying One More Time!!!\

http://www.gateworld.net/fanfic/archive/39/rectifyingher.html

<Nods self-satisfied> That's better.

Happy Fic-ing!!!

Somnium
August 19th, 2005, 04:02 PM
Okay I also just read Of F302s, Archeologists and COs. http://bestsmileys.com/lol/11.gifI laughed so much it hurts, seriously. You have a wicked sense of humour suekay I love it. Im still laughing now :D Gonna go read the rest of the Humorous fics now. Wow Im gonna have some strange dreams tonight!!!

Any way its late (well not really) I have a long day tomorrow (grrrr! got a wedding to go to) so Ill catch up with you all laters!

sueKay
August 19th, 2005, 04:05 PM
(((((((((((((((((((((((BRENREN))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

PLEASE stick around! We miss ya!

Somnium - glad you like my fics!!!

majorsal
August 19th, 2005, 04:35 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v205/FilBrit1/jacksam.jpg

gatebee, what's that amanda pic from?

meimei
August 19th, 2005, 04:55 PM
*bounce* *bounce* **bounce* *bounce* bounce* *bounce* *bounce* *bounce* *bounce* *bounce* *bounce* *bounce* *bounce* *bounce* *bounce* *bounce* *bounce* *bounce* *bounce* *bounce* *bounce* *bounce* *bounce* *bounce* *bounce* *bounce* *bounce* *bounce*

SAM'S BACK!!!!!!

*bounce* *bounce* **bounce* *bounce* bounce* *bounce* *bounce* *bounce* *bounce* *bounce* *bounce* *bounce* *bounce* *bounce* *bounce* *bounce* *bounce* *bounce* *bounce* *bounce* *bounce* *bounce* *bounce* *bounce* *bounce* *bounce* *bounce* *bounce*

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v382/shiawmeimei/MeiMeiSG1Caps/209SecretsSamDad.jpg

Sam: What the heck was that?
Jacob: A little out of control enthusiasm, I'd say...

sueKay
August 19th, 2005, 04:58 PM
Sally - I think that's from the directors' series for AT's ep...Resurrection!

sueKay
August 19th, 2005, 05:03 PM
STOP PRESS - MEI MEI IS IN THE BUILDING...THREAD...

...HERE...waltzing...bouncing

:D:D:D:D:D:D

Is Beach head airing right now????

meimei
August 19th, 2005, 05:05 PM
STOP PRESS - MEI MEI IS IN THE BUILDING...THREAD...

...HERE...waltzing...bouncing

:D:D:D:D:D:D

Is Beach head airing right now????
*giggle* *giggle* *snort*

Just started!! WOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If I can't have Jack, at least I get Sam back!!!!!

sueKay
August 19th, 2005, 05:16 PM
*plonks her butt down on a bean bag*

Well you know me...I'm a spoiler fiend...SPOIL AWAY!!!!!!

Please! :D

And it's good to have you back!!!!! :D

meimei
August 19th, 2005, 05:24 PM
Hmmm.... Spoiler fiend.... Here's a few... Landry's arguing with Jack on the phone about needing Sam when she shows up in his doorway and says "reporting as ordered, sir." Evidently, Jack had already ordered her there but kept telling Landry that he couldn't have her! Landry says to Jack something about him being a very funny man. Of course, there was no RDA and no other side of the convo.

Later, Daniel, Teal'c, Sam, Mitchell and Vala are all getting ready to go through the gate and Mitchell says something about "How great is this! Got the band back together." Sam looks over at Vala and asks, "So what's with the new back up singer." *giggle* *giggle* *snort*

And they're all dressed in black... Daniel in black... Oops, Daniel thunk there for a minute!!

sueKay
August 19th, 2005, 05:34 PM
:D :D

Thankies...more?

:P:D

LOL4JACK
August 19th, 2005, 05:39 PM
Hmmm.... Spoiler fiend.... Here's a few... Landry's arguing with Jack on the phone about needing Sam when she shows up in his doorway and says "reporting as ordered, sir." Evidently, Jack had already ordered her there but kept telling Landry that he couldn't have her! Landry says to Jack something about him being a very funny man. Of course, there was no RDA and no other side of the convo.

Later, Daniel, Teal'c, Sam, Mitchell and Vala are all getting ready to go through the gate and Mitchell says something about "How great is this! Got the band back together." Sam looks over at Vala and asks, "So what's with the new back up singer." *giggle* *giggle* *snort*

And they're all dressed in black... Daniel in black... Oops, Daniel thunk there for a minute!!

I do have to add that when Landry realized the joke that Jack played on him, he turned to Sam who could not stop smiling at the joke her "sweetheart" had made :p

On the other hand when CM says, we got the band back together I had the feeling that Vala was jealous of Sam....!!!!!

mad_gater
August 19th, 2005, 05:47 PM

SAM'S BACK!!!!!!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v382/shiawmeimei/MeiMeiSG1Caps/209SecretsSamDad.jpg

Sam: What the heck was that?
Jacob: A little out of control enthusiasm, I'd say...

*pounces, knocks over, and huggles the stuffing out of MM*

WELCOME BACK!!!!!!!

meimei
August 19th, 2005, 05:49 PM
I do have to add that when Landry realized the joke that Jack played on him, he turned to Sam who could not stop smiling at the joke her "sweetheart" had made :p

On the other hand when CM says, we got the band back together I had the feeling that Vala was jealous of Sam....!!!!!
I have to agree... She obviously knew what Jack was up to... I imagine he told her as they were laying in bed this morning before her flight!!

mad_gater
August 19th, 2005, 05:55 PM
ST-1 - Sure hope so!

I get about half the Governments 'minimum' rate of pay...they always find loop holes.

I hate my job and I hate the boss and I HATE IT!!!!!

Grr!!!

If any of the UK shippers lives near Ponden Mill Store...remember that I HATE THEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry...

On topic :D

SAM AND JACK TOGETHER FOR EVER AND EVER AND EVER!
Geez louise...I heard your scream of rage all the way over here across the ocean....:P:D

Fortunately I only have one issue to deal with in my job....crappy pay....it's above the gov't's minimum wage, but the gov't still hasn't cottoned on to the fact that just to make ends meet the minimum wage should be raised to at least $7/hr. I currently make about $6.30/hr. But my bosses are cool....the only prick is when the District Manager comes in....he's a stickler for the rules and regs. He sometimes makes a couple of my female co-workers wear an apron cuz they wear "revealing clothes." These co-workers dress quite modestly IMHO. If he thinks that's revealing then he hasn't gotten a look at how half the female population of Univ. at Buffalo dresses...;):P:D

On topic:

SAM AND JACK 4EVA!!!!!!!!!!

dipsofjazz
August 19th, 2005, 05:55 PM
I have to agree... She obviously knew what Jack was up to... I imagine he told her as they were laying in bed this morning before her flight!!
:D Welcome back MM. We can only hope your idea was true!

meimei
August 19th, 2005, 06:00 PM
*pounces, knocks over, and huggles the stuffing out of MM*

WELCOME BACK!!!!!!!

*ooooffff*

*gasp*

Okay, can I keep a little of my stuffing!!

Now that was an excellent ep!! Funny, dramatic, and what a way for....

Er... For Vala to go! Major shocker there, folks!

sueKay
August 19th, 2005, 06:03 PM
MG - The "minimum" rate of pay in the UK is 4.20 an hour...and I get 80p less than that...

It's the same at mines...when the area manager arrives...He'll yell at anyone close at hand.

And every time I work on a public holiday (eg. Bank holidays, Christmas Eve, Hogmanay) I'm told I'll get double time...and never do.

AND ON TOPIC...

SPOILERS????

PURTY PLEASE WITH SHIPPER COOKIE ICING ON TOP???

sueKay
August 19th, 2005, 06:06 PM
MM...SPILL ON VALA!!!!!!!!

dead...please say dead!

I'm an evil little <PG FORUM> aren't I :D

mad_gater
August 19th, 2005, 06:13 PM
MG - The "minimum" rate of pay in the UK is 4.20 an hour...and I get 80p less than that...

It's the same at mines...when the area manager arrives...He'll yell at anyone close at hand.

And every time I work on a public holiday (eg. Bank holidays, Christmas Eve, Hogmanay) I'm told I'll get double time...and never do.

AND ON TOPIC...

SPOILERS????

PURTY PLEASE WITH SHIPPER COOKIE ICING ON TOP???
((((((((((SK)))))))))))

Yeah that's pretty crappy, but my pay don't buy much either when prices are the way they are in America (2 #&$^%% bucks for a lousy gallon of milk, for instance). Luckily I have the Dollar Tree ( a dollar store where everything is a buck or less) where I work to buy most of the stuff I need. :D:D

On topic:

Is vala dead? Good! didn't need that dumb a$$ tramp gumming the works anyway!!

mad_gater
August 19th, 2005, 06:15 PM
*ooooffff*

*gasp*

Okay, can I keep a little of my stuffing!!

Now that was an excellent ep!! Funny, dramatic, and what a way for....

Er... For Vala to go! Major shocker there, folks!
LOL! Sure.....you can keep a little bit....:P:D

Sam: Well what the heck was that then, Dad?
Jacob: I;d say that was MG, our resident living Tok'ra bowling ball...:P:D

gatebee
August 19th, 2005, 06:19 PM
I tried to edit the above post, but it crashed on me... I was a dork and forgot the link for the first story! Trying One More Time!!!\

http://www.gateworld.net/fanfic/archive/39/rectifyingher.html

<Nods self-satisfied> That's better.

Happy Fic-ing!!!
BrenRen ....waves.... nice to see you .... it has been so long....

sueKay
August 19th, 2005, 06:19 PM
MG - If you're talking about a gallon of milk...That'd cost me over an hour's pay.

So...what exactly happened to Vala????

UhSir
August 19th, 2005, 06:21 PM
MG - If you're talking about a gallon of milk...That'd cost me over an hour's pay.

Vala sacrified herself to save the others, and the galaxy. She wasn't planning to, it just happened. But she might not be dead. She may have been sent to the Ori galaxies.

mad_gater
August 19th, 2005, 06:21 PM
LOL! Sure.....you can keep a little bit....:P:D

Sam: Well what the heck was that then, Dad?
Jacob: I;d say that was MG, our resident living Tok'ra bowling ball...:P:D
BAH!!!! Stupid IE browser crashed on me too when I tried to edit a post. Where's a Bynar when ya need one? They're good with computers...:rolleyes:

sueKay
August 19th, 2005, 06:23 PM
TIP: Us the QUICK REPLY BOX

I use it for every post and it's so much easier!

Just click on QR next to the QUOTE button!

gatebee
August 19th, 2005, 06:24 PM
hello shippers ..... love Beach Head .... our shipis very much alive and hot. Gen. Landry was talking to Jack on the phone and he was trying to convince to come to SGC. But as Landry turns around, Carter is there. And then Landry answers Jack,"Yes, she is here." Jack and Sam must have been together. Sam must have just left him to report for duty.

UhSir
August 19th, 2005, 06:25 PM
Darn it! From now on, if anyone else wants to watch the show with me they'll have to put duct tape over their mouths.

What did Vala say
right before she said "Not everything I say is an innuendo."

jafacakes
August 19th, 2005, 06:25 PM
Hey, just noticed

:D :D Happy birthday Dipsofjazz :D :D

(sorry I can't give you a prety picture :( I tried )

sueKay
August 19th, 2005, 06:28 PM
UhSir...post again!!!!!!!

And you'll be at 100 posts!!!!!!!

gatebee
August 19th, 2005, 06:29 PM
Valafor once was cool. She saved everyones lives. I think she was able to ring out before the whole thing exploded. Carter said she say some energy escape before the explotion. Vala might be in an Ori planet

Valadid feel left out cause Sam was there. She was not the only woman in the scene. And for once she was correct about the gouald being a bad one.

dipsofjazz
August 19th, 2005, 06:30 PM
Hey, just noticed

:D :D Happy birthday Dipsofjazz :D :D

(sorry I can't give you a prety picture :( I tried )
:D :D Thanks very much. Don't worry about the picture. (((((((((jafacakes))))))) :D

mad_gater
August 19th, 2005, 06:30 PM

(((((((SK))))))) - OY!!!! England's prices are worse than ours....I thought paying nearly $3 for a gallon of octane was bad.....I shudder to think how much a gallon of your petrol costs. Our kingdom's for an Asgard transporter system....You could send me the money and I'd buy your groceries over here where it's apparently cheaper and I could just beam the groceries back to you....:P:D

Back on topic....Got some ideas for fics which will take me a while to put on paper...esp. since I wanna try to get my own private or semi-private place first away from my family before implementing my fic ideas. And since one of them will be a s/j shippy xover with SGA *and* BSG, this one will be quite long....:rolleyes:

trupi
August 19th, 2005, 06:32 PM
Darn it! From now on, if anyone else wants to watch the show with me they'll have to put duct tape over their mouths.

What did Vala say
right before she said "Not everything I say is an innuendo."

She saidit's enormous

sueKay
August 19th, 2005, 06:34 PM
MG - I'm SCOTTISH...and a gallon of fuel...you're talking about...5 or 6 pounds...because of tax.

*dejavu*

We've had this convo before

*hears tune from the Twilight Zone*

*Backs away slowly...*

j/k :P :D

gatebee
August 19th, 2005, 06:34 PM
HAPPY BIRTHDAY DIPSOFJAZZ

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v205/FilBrit1/SamJack_FishEnd.jpg
pic fr mala

meimei
August 19th, 2005, 06:37 PM
Shame on you two!! She's no competition for Sam and Sam doesn't want Daniel so Vala was welcome to him!!!

Major spoilers for Beach Head!

Okay... The beginning of the episode showed some Jaffa confronting a Prior telling him that they wouldn't serve false gods. He throws them literally miles and then creates a force field around the gate.

Landry gets a message through the gate from a Goa'uld that wants to help the humans defeat the Ori. He goes to find SG1 playing basketball... (Note to Daniel, Teal'c or Mitchell thunkers... Hot sweaty men...) *shiver* Anyway, this Goa'uld is an inventor and says that he can help the humans defeat the Ori and he shows them a holograph of the force field at the planet. The gate has been open for several days now, which is supposed to be impossible.

Next, Landry is on the phone with Jack trying to get Sam to come help since she's the only one that can deal with this and he's also talking about a Mark 9 weapon. Sam shows up while he's on the phone and reports as Landry is still begging Jack to let her come back. Sam smirks, Landry calls Jack a very funny man.

SG1 gathers in the gateroom to go to a planet to rondevous with the Prometheus. Mitchell says the line about the band being back together and Sam asks about the new back up singer, Vala. Daniel explains that they aren't sure if the effects of the bracelet are completely gone so since he doesn't want to risk dying to find out, she goes with them.

The whole time Vala is disparaging of the Goa'uld helping them. She warns Landry that he will be sorry about it in the end.

They get to the planet and SG1, sans Sam plus Vala dresses in space suits because the atmosphere inside the force field is toxic. They beam down with the Mark 9, a naquadria enhanced nuc. They tell the Prior, who is having no trouble with the atmosphere that they are there to send a message to the Ori. Go away and don't come back.

While on the planet, a Jaffa fleet with Garek shows up and begins bombarding the force field to no avail. Sam convinces Garek to stop firing and SG1 gets back up to the ship.

The bomb, a several gigaton nuc, goes off. It's meant to destroy the gate, but instead it gives the force field the power to encircle the planet, which was the Ori's desire in the first place. Then a bunch of unknown objects exit the gate and shoot into the atmosphere.

Garek and his ships take off, leaving a cloaked cargo ship to keep an eye on the Prometheous. The SGC personnel know it's there.

The planet itself begins to compress and Sam figures out that the Ori wanted it to turn into a singularity (black hole). The objects that came out of the gate start forming a stargate in space that is 300 meters across. Sam figures out that they singularity is meant to power the super gate. It will open the gate to the Ori universe and keep it open indefinately.

While Daniel, Sam, Teal'c and Mitchell are trying to figure out what to do, Vala keeps trying to suggest something and they keep ignoring her. Vala gives up trying to suggest something as time is running out. She runs off and activates the ring transporter and gains access to the cargo ship. She tells Sg1, now that she has their attention, that she is going to put the cargo ship in the last open spot of the super gate, breaking the energy field that was holding it together.

Sam warns her that the singularity will destroy the cargo ship. She says she will ring back over as soon as she's finished. Her plan works and she runs through the ship to the rings, with electricity arcing all over the place. The singularity blows as soon as she activates the rings. The super gate is destroyed.

Daniel asks if Vala made it back. She didn't. Daniel stumbles and collapses as they rush him to the infirmary.

Sam, Teal'c and Mitchell go to the infirmary to see Daniel. He's having trouble staying awake. Evidently the effects of the bracelets is weak. It won't kill him. Sam tells him that there was a matter stream that left the cargo ship and it's possible that the opening gate on the other end of the singularity could have caught Vala and sent her back to the Ori galaxy. Mitchell jokes that they wanted to send the Ori a message....

End...

*takes deep breath*

mad_gater
August 19th, 2005, 06:39 PM
:D :D Thanks very much. Don't worry about the picture. (((((((((jafacakes))))))) :D
HAPPY BIRTHDAY BEV!!!!!!!!!

*brings out a huge shipper rum cake drenched with pure 100% shipper rum sauce glaze*

:D:D:D:D

sueKay
August 19th, 2005, 06:43 PM
HAPPY BIRTHDAY BEV!!!!!!!!!!!

We all put our money together and lookie...

we got you SAM for your birthday :D :D

dipsofjazz
August 19th, 2005, 06:44 PM
HAPPY BIRTHDAY BEV!!!!!!!!!

*brings out a huge shipper rum cake drenched with pure 100% shipper rum sauce glaze*

:D:D:D:D
http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/7/7_4_15.gif Thanks MG, and GB too for her pic.

sueKay
August 19th, 2005, 06:45 PM
Anywho...Where's KG????

Ah well...MG...Here's the Bar and Grill keys...

Sam coming back? Can't think of a better reason to have a PARTY :D :D :D

UhSir
August 19th, 2005, 06:45 PM
UhSir...post again!!!!!!!

And you'll be at 100 posts!!!!!!!
WooHoo! Did I make it?
I'm in between this thread and the Sam's Great thread.
I'm starting to get dizzy!

trupi
August 19th, 2005, 06:46 PM
Shame on you two!! She's no competition for Sam and Sam doesn't want Daniel so Vala was welcome to him!!!

Okay... The beginning of the episode showed some Jaffa confronting a Prior telling him that they wouldn't serve false gods. He throws them literally miles and then creates a force field around the gate.

Landry gets a message through the gate from a Goa'uld that wants to help the humans defeat the Ori. He goes to find SG1 playing basketball... (Note to Daniel, Teal'c or Mitchell thunkers... Hot sweaty men...) *shiver* Anyway, this Goa'uld is an inventor and says that he can help the humans defeat the Ori and he shows them a holograph of the force field at the planet. The gate has been open for several days now, which is supposed to be impossible.

Next, Landry is on the phone with Jack trying to get Sam to come help since she's the only one that can deal with this and he's also talking about a Mark 9 weapon. Sam shows up while he's on the phone and reports as Landry is still begging Jack to let her come back. Sam smirks, Landry calls Jack a very funny man.

SG1 gathers in the gateroom to go to a planet to rondevous with the Prometheus. Mitchell says the line about the band being back together and Sam asks about the new back up singer, Vala. Daniel explains that they aren't sure if the effects of the bracelet are completely gone so since he doesn't want to risk dying to find out, she goes with them.

The whole time Vala is disparaging of the Goa'uld helping them. She warns Landry that he will be sorry about it in the end.

They get to the planet and SG1, sans Sam plus Vala dresses in space suits because the atmosphere inside the force field is toxic. They beam down with the Mark 9, a naquadria enhanced nuc. They tell the Prior, who is having no trouble with the atmosphere that they are there to send a message to the Ori. Go away and don't come back.

While on the planet, a Jaffa fleet with Garek shows up and begins bombarding the force field to no avail. Sam convinces Garek to stop firing and SG1 gets back up to the ship.

The bomb, a several gigaton nuc, goes off. It's meant to destroy the gate, but instead it gives the force field the power to encircle the planet, which was the Ori's desire in the first place. Then a bunch of unknown objects exit the gate and shoot into the atmosphere.

Garek and his ships take off, leaving a cloaked cargo ship to keep an eye on the Prometheous. The SGC personnel know it's there.

The planet itself begins to compress and Sam figures out that the Ori wanted it to turn into a singularity (black hole). The objects that came out of the gate start forming a stargate in space that is 300 meters across. Sam figures out that they singularity is meant to power the super gate. It will open the gate to the Ori universe and keep it open indefinately.

While Daniel, Sam, Teal'c and Mitchell are trying to figure out what to do, Vala keeps trying to suggest something and they keep ignoring her. Vala gives up trying to suggest something as time is running out. She runs off and activates the ring transporter and gains access to the cargo ship. She tells Sg1, now that she has their attention, that she is going to put the cargo ship in the last open spot of the super gate, breaking the energy field that was holding it together.

Sam warns her that the singularity will destroy the cargo ship. She says she will ring back over as soon as she's finished. Her plan works and she runs through the ship to the rings, with electricity arcing all over the place. The singularity blows as soon as she activates the rings. The super gate is destroyed.

Daniel asks if Vala made it back. She didn't. Daniel stumbles and collapses as they rush him to the infirmary.

Sam, Teal'c and Mitchell go to the infirmary to see Daniel. He's having trouble staying awake. Evidently the effects of the bracelets is weak. It won't kill him. Sam tells him that there was a matter stream that left the cargo ship and it's possible that the opening gate on the other end of the singularity could have caught Vala and sent her back to the Ori galaxy. Mitchell jokes that they wanted to send the Ori a message....

End...

*takes deep breath*
MeiMei you are the greatest! Welcome back!

dipsofjazz
August 19th, 2005, 06:47 PM
HAPPY BIRTHDAY BEV!!!!!!!!!!!

We all put our money together and lookie...

we got you SAM for your birthday :D :D
:D Thanks SK. I couldn't have got a better pressie! :p

mad_gater
August 19th, 2005, 06:48 PM
MG - I'm SCOTTISH...and a gallon of fuel...you're talking about...5 or 6 pounds...because of tax.

*dejavu*

*Backs away slowly...*

Scottish...English....hapla...hoopla....all part of the same daggum general land mass....:P:D

And yes I have a short attention span....lotsa sugar and alcohol will do that to ya...:P:D

UhSir
August 19th, 2005, 06:48 PM
She saidit's enormous
Holy buckets!

I hope she comes back and I hope she and Sam get a decent scene together.
TPTB did okay tonight by me.

sueKay
August 19th, 2005, 06:49 PM
Congrats Uhsir!!!!!!!!!!!!

UhSir
August 19th, 2005, 06:51 PM
HAPPY BIRTHDAY DIPSOFJAZZ

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v205/FilBrit1/SamJack_FishEnd.jpg
pic fr mala
just noticed they are color-coordinated!

sueKay
August 19th, 2005, 06:53 PM
MG - SCOTLAND and ENGLAND and WALES are all seperate entities...The UK folks here will vouch for that...

That's like me saying...

'The States...Canada...same difference'

And talking about landmasses...that'd be like both Americas being a big country!

Sorry...things like this really Irk me.

BEV - Glad you liked Sam...I thought she would be a nice present!

I'll put up a graphic later...right now...BED! :D

jafacakes
August 19th, 2005, 06:54 PM

snip....

*takes deep breath*

Thanks Meimei :D

So how does Sam come across ?
Is she still military ? Is she back on SG1 permanently?
The spoilers were a bit worrying , they gave the impression that Sam messed up with the bomb and indirectly was responsible for Vala's fate hope that's not the case.

meimei
August 19th, 2005, 06:54 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v382/shiawmeimei/firewrk6.gifhttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v382/shiawmeimei/bday4.gifhttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v382/shiawmeimei/firewrk6.gif

Happy Birthday, Bev!!

There's cake!!

mad_gater
August 19th, 2005, 06:56 PM

*dejavu*

*Backs away slowly...*

*locks al'kesh weapons on SK's store and fires....preferably with her district manager still in it*...:P:D

You can definitely do better than that dump...*whisks SK away in al'kesh to go work for the SGC*...:P:D

gatebee
August 19th, 2005, 06:56 PM
CONGRATULATION UHSIR 100 POST
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v205/FilBrit1/35b426c3.jpg

gatebee
August 19th, 2005, 06:58 PM
MG - SCOTLAND and ENGLAND and WALES are all seperate entities...The UK folks here will vouch for that...

That's like me saying...

And talking about landmasses...that'd be like both Americas being a big country!

good night SueKay.... sleep well for Sam is back to save the world and our ship is safe.

meimei
August 19th, 2005, 06:59 PM
Thanks Meimei :D

So how does Sam come across ?
Is she still military ? Is she back on SG1 permanently?
The spoilers were a bit worrying , they gave the impression that Sam messed up with the bomb and indirectly was responsible for Vala's fate hope that's not the case.
Hmmm.... Beach Head spoilers

She was reluctant to use the bomb as was Daniel and Mitchell but they didn't think that they had a choice. It was designed to destroy a stargate. They thought that the gate on the planet was the one that the Ori would stage an army through.

And she came across great! But it was a team episode. There was no long focus on anyone. It almost seemed like a real Stargate episode... *grins* Well, except there was no RDA/Jack! *sigh*

UhSir
August 19th, 2005, 06:59 PM
Well, I'm from the U.S. Midwest, and I don't mind that. Except the "same difference" phrase; it rubs me wrong; it should be "same thing."

Okay, them's fightin' words! Put yer dukes up! Come on!

sueKay
August 19th, 2005, 07:01 PM
Well...MG...I'm gonna be stuck there for a while...I can't get anothe job until I figure out how much stuffing Uni's gonna knock out of me.

BTW - My tokra Dee Dee has been hibernating for many many months...but she says hi to Kel'dor!

UhSir
August 19th, 2005, 07:03 PM
CONGRATULATION UHSIR 100 POST
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v205/FilBrit1/35b426c3.jpg
Thanks gatebee! Hey, who's that dude peeking through the window?

mad_gater
August 19th, 2005, 07:03 PM

That's like me saying...

And while geography ain't my strong point...I did know that...I was refering to England as a land mass....not implying that it was your country......prices are probably pretty much all generally high all over the place in that part of Europe......:P:D

(((((((((((((SK))))))))))))))))))

definitely hope you can find something better....maybe you can get a visa and work with me at Dollar Tree....:P:D

sueKay
August 19th, 2005, 07:04 PM
UhSir - :P :D ;)

Same difference is I guess...Scottish sarcasm...can't quite explain!

LadyJeep
August 19th, 2005, 07:12 PM
I'm ok I think, I may have hurt my neck and I got a burn on my arm. The car...well the back right side is pretty much gone but it still drives. It was a hit and run but thankfully our city cops found and arrested the men!
Sorry to hear about the accident, but glad the police got the person! Heal quickly!!

mad_gater
August 19th, 2005, 07:13 PM
WooHoo! Did I make it?
I'm in between this thread and the Sam's Great thread.
I'm starting to get dizzy!
No dizzier than the rest of us...:P:D

mad_gater
August 19th, 2005, 07:16 PM
Well, I'm from the U.S. Midwest, and I don't mind that. Except the "same difference" phrase; it rubs me wrong; it should be "same thing."

Okay, them's fightin' words! Put yer dukes up! Come on!
UhSir....put those fists away....no need to get all worked up.....:P:D

UhSir
August 19th, 2005, 07:20 PM

Well it's drifted over to the States too. I think it's more common on the East Coast than here in the Midwest.

On Topic:
Beachhead Sam and Jack had a scene together! Well, sort of. She was in the same room as the phone that was connected to Jack's ear. It counts for me.

gatebee
August 19th, 2005, 07:21 PM
Well it's drifted over to the States too. I think it's more common on the East Coast than here in the Midwest.

On Topic:
Beachhead Sam and Jack had a scene together! Well, sort of. She was in the same room as the phone that was connected to Jack's ear. It counts for me.

love the way you think....just the same feeling that I have thought....Sam and Jack are together

meimei
August 19th, 2005, 07:31 PM

On Topic:

*shrug* I've used the phrase "same difference" for years... Course I'm in the South and previously in NY, so who knows where I heard it first...

Personal speculation or maybe just wishful thinking... I'm still hoping for a Jack/Sam phone convo. Something along the lines of "I know, Jack... But they need me." - pause- "I know you do..."

*grins*

gatebee
August 19th, 2005, 07:39 PM
*shrug* I've used the phrase "same difference" for years... Course I'm in the South and previously in NY, so who knows where I heard it first...

Personal speculation or maybe just wishful thinking... I'm still hoping for a Jack/Sam phone convo. Something along the lines of "I know, Jack... But they need me." - pause- "I know you do..."

*grins*

yes yes I do also dream of such word being uttered and more

Cathain Nottingham
August 19th, 2005, 07:42 PM
Hello everyone!!

(((((((((((((Cathain)))))))))))))

Get to a doctor...no arguments...go and make sure you're okay.

Trust me - After two bus crashes and getting hit by a car I know it's better to be safe than sorry.

When I got hit by the car, I was on my bike going down a hill. I crashed into a metal barrier and completely buckled the bike. I was covered in bruising and I was sorew all over, but never went to the doctors...Two days later I couldn't move at all...My mum rushed me to the doctors...

3 broken ribs, mild concussion, several torn muscles and snapped ligaments...

Please...at least put us as ease by getting seen by someone.

Sorry to hear about the accident, but glad the police got the person! Heal quickly!!

Hi everyone I'm counting the minutes before SG1 comes on so I can't wait! I've avoided all spoilers :D Anyway, in response to suekay now what happened to you - that's a major accident and gatebee I love the pic! And thank you LadyJeep I'm feeling pretty good.

Anyway I'm not feeling too bad at all and you would never even tell - even the mark on my arm just looks like a small rug burn, so I think everything is in the clear.

((((((((((((((((((shipper family)))))))))))))))))) for all the comments...now onto Sam's RETURN! :D :D

nell
August 19th, 2005, 08:38 PM
Hi Shippers!!

I just watched Beach Head and this is what I think
A KICKA$$ SHOW!!! :D :D Sam is BACK!! :) The Ori are EVIL!! :eek: There was tension, explosions, suspense, threat, and action!!! Landry is stepping up to the plate! The Free Jaffa are misguided! Vala did the right thing, darn it, I wanted to dislike her! :S She stole a bit of Sam's usual thunder but, hey, Sam's back!! Daniel is out of danger. Mitchell is a little too funny but Sam likes him! Cam "Shaft," huh? :cool: Teal'c, he's on the right side and the best team! Jack made his phone call and he had already told Sam to go to SGC! :p Sam said "General O'Neill." No Ship but ...I haven't given up hope! So, what do you think? :D

ShimmeringStar
August 19th, 2005, 08:46 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v470/ShimmeringStar214/Misc/BevBday2.jpg
Jack: Isn’t that a bit big to be a birthday card?
Sam: No. Not when you consider all of Bev’s GW friends have signed it!

meimei
August 19th, 2005, 08:46 PM
Hi Shippers!!

A KICKA$$ SHOW!!! :D :D Sam is BACK!! :) The Ori are EVIL!! :eek: There was tension, explosions, suspense, threat, and action!!! Landry is stepping up to the plate! The Free Jaffa are misguided! Vala did the right thing, darn it, I wanted to dislike her! :S She stole a bit of Sam's usual thunder but, hey, Sam's back!! Daniel is out of danger. Mitchell is a little too funny but Sam likes him! Cam "Shaft," huh? :cool: Teal'c, he's on the right side and the best team! Jack made his phone call and he had already told Sam to go to SGC! :p Sam said "General O'Neill." No Ship but ...I haven't given up hope! So, what do you think? :D
Beach Head Sam would have called him General O'Neill in front of Landry and Mitchell. From a military stand point it would have been disrespectful otherwise.... Of course, if it had only been Daniel and Teal'c, she would have definately called him Jack... *Mei Mei happily bouncing around in her own delusions....*

trupi
August 19th, 2005, 08:50 PM
Hi Shippers!!

Like Gatebee said, it finally felt like a regular sg-1 episode. Vala did good! AT acted as if she never left and blended right back into the mix. Thank G--! The plot was good. But I still want ship !

mad_gater
August 19th, 2005, 08:52 PM
Hi Shippers!!

I think I can't wait till I'm able to implement my "alternative method" to watch this latest ep!! :P:D

trupi
August 19th, 2005, 08:56 PM
Beach Head Sam would have called him General O'Neill in front of Landry and Mitchell. From a military stand point it would have been disrespectful otherwise.... Of course, if it had only been Daniel and Teal'c, she would have definately called him Jack... *Mei Mei happily bouncing around in her own delusions....*
It's time for you to write a fanfic "Behind BeachHead". Make sure you gives us all the juicy doing of J/S behinds the scenes. The "MeiMei Lowdown".

meimei
August 19th, 2005, 09:11 PM
It's time for you to write a fanfic "Behind BeachHead". Make sure you gives us all the juicy doing of J/S behinds the scenes. The "MeiMei Lowdown".
LOL! Actually, I've kind of returned to older eps for inspiration. I am thinking about a series of "episode epilogues" to show what the real relationship was behind the scenes... In my crazy little imagination, I have them doing the dirty deed starting somewhere around Entity or maybe Tangent and continuing until they have a huge fight or something which resulted in the "Ep That Shall Not Be Named" and the resulting potatohead series of disasters.

Okay, yes, I am on muscle relaxers and this brilliant idea struck me while hooked up to an electrical current and a heating pad during physical therapy today... *shakes head*

It's all a pipe dream at the moment. Work and real life has kept me from writing too much lately and the fact that my website is running out of room and I need to revamp that first... *growl*

Okay, need more muscle relaxers...

sclairef99
August 19th, 2005, 09:15 PM
LOL! Actually, I've kind of returned to older eps for inspiration. I am thinking about a series of "episode epilogues" to show what the real relationship was behind the scenes... In my crazy little imagination, I have them doing the dirty deed starting somewhere around Entity or maybe Tangent and continuing until they have a huge fight or something which resulted in the "Ep That Shall Not Be Named" and the resulting potatohead series of disasters.

Okay, yes, I am on muscle relaxers and this brilliant idea struck me while hooked up to an electrical current and a heating pad during physical therapy today... *shakes head*

It's all a pipe dream at the moment. Work and real life has kept me from writing too much lately and the fact that my website is running out of room and I need to revamp that first... *growl*

I'm all for a Mei Mei Lowdown! Though I'm liking the ep tags, I look forward to anything that comes from Mei Mei's mind! Don't Muscle Relaxers help with creativity?

S

nell
August 19th, 2005, 09:19 PM
Holy buckets!

I hope she comes back and I hope she and Sam get a decent scene together.
TPTB did okay tonight by me.

CONGRATULATIONS, UhSir!!! 100 POSTS

meimei
August 19th, 2005, 09:19 PM
I'm all for a Mei Mei Lowdown! Though I'm liking the ep tags, I look forward to anything that comes from Mei Mei's mind! Don't Muscle Relaxers help with creativity?

S
Ah.... Thanks... *blushes* I guess I need to start writing again... I just wish that work wasn't so nuts at the moment!

ST-1
August 19th, 2005, 09:26 PM
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
Beachhead : If Sam is technically no longer under Jack's command, why would Landry be begging HIM to let her come back? And how would Jack know exactly when Sam was going to walk through Landry's door? Doesn't make any sense unless they are together! :D Heck, maybe the Beachhead thing interrupted their honeymoon! :p

At least, that's the way my little shipper brain works. ;) :D

sclairef99
August 19th, 2005, 09:26 PM
Hmmm.... Beach Head spoilers

She was reluctant to use the bomb as was Daniel and Mitchell but they didn't think that they had a choice. It was designed to destroy a stargate. They thought that the gate on the planet was the one that the Ori would stage an army through.

And she came across great! But it was a team episode. There was no long focus on anyone. It almost seemed like a real Stargate episode... *grins* Well, except there was no RDA/Jack! *sigh*

I have to second that thought Mei Mei! It was a great team ep, [spoil] great to get them back together. Hubs even stated that he really enjoyed it very much! We both loved the "Who's the extra back up singer" line from Carter. It was Carter that made the difference IMHO. I really miss RDA and was in severe ship withdrawal....but my rosy shipper glasses were put on when Landry was on the phone w/Jack! I just loved it and got to thinking about how she said she "had her reasons" for being elsewhere outside of SGC. And am looking forward to seeing the fact that she is "not available" throughout the season!

Hanging on to shipper morsels in this house!
[spoil]

Happy Sci Fi Friday!

S

nell
August 19th, 2005, 09:27 PM
I think I can't wait till I'm able to implement my "alternative method" to watch this latest ep!! :P:D

And that would be....?

Hi mad_gater!!! :D

trupi
August 19th, 2005, 09:30 PM

Going for physical therapy on my arm and I not getting any creative ideas while getting electrical stimulation. Where are they placing the leeds on you for you to get your brillant ideas? :p :p Let me know, I'll ask them to put the leeds in the same spot! :D

meimei
August 19th, 2005, 09:45 PM
Going for physical therapy on my arm and I not getting any creative ideas while getting electrical stimulation. Where are they placing the leeds on you for you to get your brillant ideas? :p :p Let me know, I'll ask them to put the leeds in the same spot! :D
Lower back, right above the, eh, hmmm.... Well, anyway... Lower back... And I'm laying on a heating pad at the same time and they turn the lights out, there's only a little light in the corner on, so there's nothing to do but think.... And as usual, my thoughts drift to fics that I haven't written yet....

I'd really like to turn my novel submission into a fic but they haven't turned me down yet so I can't do anything with it. Of course, my novel submission was a little on the Daniel centric side but there would be plenty of room in the story to have Jack and Sam carrying on as a subplot!!

BrenRen
August 19th, 2005, 09:53 PM
I'm just having way too many dirty thoughts in response to that!

I think its time to write more fic....

Perhaps I should have watched Beach Head.... The title certainly merits further contemplation...

I think I'll apologize to those who don't dwell in the gutter and take my medicated a$$ off to bed....

She was in the room with the phone that was connected to the phone that was connected to Jack's ear... <sigh> There's teasing, and then there's cruel and unusual punishment...

Oh, and before I forget again... HAPPY BIRTHDAY BEV!!!

Sam & Jack ARE Together Forever!!!

And that Handy Dandy Asgard Transporter really cuts down the commute time, be it Area 51 or Colorado to D.C..... {Sniggle!}

:D :D :D

Shipaholic
August 19th, 2005, 10:11 PM

I hear that all the time, and I'm over in California. I think it's spread everywhere.

All of this suspense is killing me. I can't watch for another 45 minutes and everything on this thread is in spoilers. It's sooooo tempting. :p

meimei
August 19th, 2005, 10:14 PM
I hear that all the time, and I'm over in California. I think it's spread everywhere.

All of this suspense is killing me. I can't watch for another 45 minutes and everything on this thread is in spoilers. It's sooooo tempting. :p
LOL! Sorry for the tease but SueKay and Mad Gater were begging... It just kills me to see young people begging like that!

gatebee
August 19th, 2005, 10:19 PM
Beach Head Gen. Landry is talking toJack. "She is standing right here. You are a funny man ,Jack. Very funny." Landry looks at Sam. Sam has this expression on her face.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v205/FilBrit1/sam%20c/PDVD_129.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v205/FilBrit1/sam%20c/PDVD_093.jpg

LtColSamONeill
August 19th, 2005, 10:26 PM
Beachhead spoilers Love that Carters back and I actually missed the little scene where Sam walks into Landrys office, I'll be catching it at 11.

My favorite scene was when they all walked into the Prometheus and the guy called Cameron "shaft" and Sam said "Shaft?" Cam replies "Yea like Cam Shaft." and Vala walks up next to Sam and says "Disappointing isn't it?" and Sam had to literally bite her tongue to keep from laughing. Sam seemed really relaxed which leads me to believe SHE'S GETTIN HER SOME JACK!!

I was really pissed off when they all ignored Vala and then she had to go save all their butts tho. Even tho I know she's not gone, I want her back now because her and Sam could cause all kinds of trouble and have all kinds of fun!!!

Daniel is an idiot!! Can't say that enough.

Decent episode all in all, but I will miss Vala till she returns.

majorsal
August 19th, 2005, 10:27 PM
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
Beachhead : If Sam is technically no longer under Jack's command, why would Landry be begging HIM to let her come back? And how would Jack know exactly when Sam was going to walk through Landry's door? Doesn't make any sense unless they are together! :D Heck, maybe the Beachhead thing interrupted their honeymoon! :p

At least, that's the way my little shipper brain works. ;) :D

spoilers for s9's beach head

the jack-landry scene, with sam walking in 'just' at that moment... it felt like a set up! with sam and jack 'maybe' timing it perfectly?....

the ship possibilities are there, shippers! :D

gatebee
August 19th, 2005, 10:49 PM
Beach Head ....Sam, Daniel, Vala, Michell, Teal'c .... sniff, sniff no Jack
Here Vala is sayingshe is trying to be part of the "stargate-tee club"

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v205/FilBrit1/PDVD_139.jpg

sg-1fanintn
August 19th, 2005, 11:00 PM
I'm just bouncing over the implied ship we got this evening!!!
Sam & Jack had obviously planned the timing of his phone conversation to torment Landry!. I like what meimei said.....that they probably thought it up while lying in bed that morning.....just before her flight!

And I can understand why Jack was giving Landry a hard time. Can't you imagine the conversation Sam & Jack had about the assignment?

SAM: Jack, they need me. I have to go.
JACK: Carter, we finally figured out a way to be together. We've done our time. Let Landry figure it out. It's just blowin' stuff up! Hell, Danny can do that!
SAM: Jack....don't worry. It's just one assignment; then I'm right back to Area 51.
JACK: You are one stubborn woman.....but that's one of the reasons I love you.....

Sigh......squee!!!!!!

Squueee! thanks am gonna curl up on the sofa (with a beer and cookies) and start on Jacks big day in a mo.
Somnium, usually we agree.....but cookies and beer.....together? That's just wrong for so many reasons! But....whatever floats your boat!

Ooh.....yes! The electrical stimulation is wonderful! I broke my arm last year and had several months of physical therapy.....and getting those electrodes put on my shoulder for 20 minutes was like a little reward for doing all the exercises!

gatebee
August 19th, 2005, 11:26 PM
[QUOTE=sg-1fanintn]
I'm just bouncing over the implied ship we got this evening!!!
Sam & Jack had obviously planned the timing of his phone conversation to torment Landry!. I like what meimei said.....that they probably thought it up while lying in bed that morning.....just before her flight!

And I can understand why Jack was giving Landry a hard time. Can't you imagine the conversation Sam & Jack had about the assignment?

SAM: Jack, they need me. I have to go.
JACK: Carter, we finally figured out a way to be together. We've done our time. Let Landry figure it out. It's just blowin' stuff up! Hell, Danny can do that!
SAM: Jack....don't worry. It's just one assignment; then I'm right back to Area 51.
JACK: You are one stubborn woman.....but that's one of the reasons I love you.....

Sigh......squee!!!!!!

Yup, I agree they planned it so well. And I like you story as well.

sg-1fanintn
August 19th, 2005, 11:31 PM
Thanks to ForeverSG1 for posting this little pic from Beachead,
which I've "appropriated" for a one-panel photo story!

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y128/newsgoddess/pdvd0684yg.jpg

SAM: Here's Jack on the beach.....and this one is the day we flew over the volcanos.
CAM: Great pics, Sam! Man, if I ever get married, I'm going to Hawaii on my honeymoon too!

Squee!!!!!

Shipperahoy
August 19th, 2005, 11:45 PM
Beachhead spoilers
I too felt that Sam and Jack worked together to set up that little scene in Landry's office and that felt nice. A little flashback to the good ol' days. This was the first episode of the season that I was actually excited to see. Not that I haven't enjoyed the season thus far, because I have, but this is the first time where I was actually counting the hours. It is so great to have Sam back. I wish that they had given her and Vala more interaction though. That had a lot of possibilities. And it would figure that the episode that I actually really like Vala is her last one. If they could have made her this way in the last 5 episodes I would have been happy to jump on the Vala fanwagon.

Also, as I was watching BSG tonight I couldn't help but compare how they are handling the Starbuck/Apollo angle vs. how the Sam/Jack stuff has been handled so far. I love that it's pretty much blatant how the two characters feel for each other and I love how everybody who's involved with the show admits as much and actually seems to be pretty pysched about that possible storyline. The actors are very vocal in their approval of it and the fact that they want those two characters to hook up. Sigh.

gatebee
August 19th, 2005, 11:53 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v470/ShimmeringStar214/Misc/BevBday2.jpg
Jack: Isn’t that a bit big to be a birthday card?
Sam: No. Not when you consider all of Bev’s GW friends have signed it!
that is such a cool birthday book for Bev. Wanted to give you green jello but was not allowed

NG.1
August 19th, 2005, 11:56 PM
Good to see you back here NG.1!!!!!

I remember I asked you this before after a great and well thought out post in another thread months ago...but what does your name mean???

If I remember correctly, I asked you that then invited you here!

If not, then I apologise!

S&J's kids...They're gonna be kick-ass academics with a great sense of humour no matter what extra abilities they get from their parents!

Thanks for the welcome back. In case you are wondering...I am posting fanfiction these days under Azilan.

As for my name thing...(hanging my head in shame)...sorry didn't see that one, but it's my own fault. Don't always follow the threads due to having a hectic life. You see I train all the South African tax people how to use their computers better, hehe. (bad job to have in the eyes of the taxpayes).
Okay my penname stands for my name and surname Naliza Geldenhuys (NG).
And my name stands for my Afrikaans names (christian names) Catharina Elizabeth (na from Catharina and liza from Elizabeth). Hope that answers your questions.

As for the kids...yay!!!! Another believer, :)

gatebee
August 19th, 2005, 11:58 PM
The phone call was well timed. They are a couple and plan their actions

Sam and Jack Forever and Always

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v205/FilBrit1/samandjack.jpg

the dancer of spaz
August 20th, 2005, 01:12 AM
Hey guys! Hope all is well! :D :)

I know you've probably been reminded a million times already, but Katerine hasn't tallied the votes in the SG-1 Ultimate Episode thread in almost two days. It's looking kinda hairy for... certain episodes. :P If even five or six people place their votes before she tallies them, they'd have a chance of surviving. ;)

Thanks guys! :cool:

lonely_star
August 20th, 2005, 02:30 AM
http://img228.imageshack.us/img228/5056/bts27lm.jpg
Jack : Penny for them

lonely_star
August 20th, 2005, 02:30 AM
http://img228.imageshack.us/img228/4455/bts10em.jpg
Sam : ... um...What ?
Jack : Sam, honey you haven't said a word since...(looking for the right words...) we put our clothes back on
Sam: I was just thinking...

lonely_star
August 20th, 2005, 02:31 AM
http://img228.imageshack.us/img228/5686/bts54gf.jpg
Sam : Do you think Bev is gonna forgive us for the belated Birthday ?

lonely_star
August 20th, 2005, 02:31 AM
http://img228.imageshack.us/img228/5867/bts33eg.jpg
Jack : well If she'd known what we've been up to all this time...yep..I definitely think she won't mind

lonely_star
August 20th, 2005, 02:32 AM
http://img228.imageshack.us/img228/7366/bts45ad.jpg
Jack : Actually I'm sure she'd like us to miss her birthday again...and again ...and again... :D

lonely_star
August 20th, 2005, 02:37 AM
I thought MeiMei would like some...neck for her come back :D :D

http://img228.imageshack.us/img228/1938/tnthreads2qx.jpg

((((((((((((((((((MeiMei)))))))))))))))))) glad to see you there !!

and it's not toally OT cause it's a pic from THE episode ;) ;)

lonely_star
August 20th, 2005, 03:00 AM
I have some other announcements to make :) sorry for all the pics but it's so much fun for a saturday morning :)
So here we go again...

threads (http://img228.imageshack.us/img228/1516/141ld.jpg)
Jack : What's wrong ?

lonely_star
August 20th, 2005, 03:02 AM
threads (http://img228.imageshack.us/img228/1111/152ub.jpg)
Sam : I was worried about Cathain and her car accident..I'm glad she's alright...and there's also Samisjacksgal who failed her exams...

lonely_star
August 20th, 2005, 03:02 AM
threads (http://img228.imageshack.us/img228/472/164hl.jpg)
Sam : and SueKay telling her story about being hit by a car...that certainly should have been terrible.... and now ST-1 who's jobless...and..

lonely_star
August 20th, 2005, 03:03 AM
threads pic (http://img228.imageshack.us/img228/5976/178od.jpg)
Jack interrupting her : I think I got what you need...

lonely_star
August 20th, 2005, 03:04 AM
threads (http://img228.imageshack.us/img228/7626/224op.jpg)
Sam : Thanks Jack, I feel much better !! It's just what I needed...
Jack a little smirk on his lips, obviously very proud of himself : I know...

lonely_star
August 20th, 2005, 03:22 AM
well I think this one is the last one :)
oh and before I forget !! nice fic ST-1 !! I really liked it and I'm looking forward to reading a new one !! actually I only read great fic those last few weeks and it's all thank to my dear family !! thanks to all !!!! and talking about fic, do I need to kick your a** again SueKay ??? haven't read In between the threads recently ;) come on girl !! go back to your keyboard ;)

http://img228.imageshack.us/img228/1239/eyes238zc.jpg
Sam : hum... Jack, aren't you forgetting to say something ??
Jack looks perplexed so she goes on...almost whispering so the person around couldn't hear
Sam : you know this morning ...for breakfast... we talked about it...

http://img228.imageshack.us/img228/5753/eyes229bh.jpg
Jack smirking at the thought of the said morning : sure...congrats on your 100 posts UhSir !!!!

Terrah
August 20th, 2005, 03:47 AM
Hi All :D
I'd just like to thank everyone for all the spoiler stuff and the pics, I have enjoyed reading them, can't wait to see that ep. :D

Sam's back "Woo Hoo" :D

shelsfc
August 20th, 2005, 04:54 AM
HAPPY BIRTHDAY DIPSOFJAZZ!!!!!

http://bestsmileys.com/birthday1/18.gif

http://bestsmileys.com/birthday1/10.gif

Alex_O'neill
August 20th, 2005, 05:14 AM
well I think this one is the last one :)
oh and before I forget !! nice fic ST-1 !! I really liked it and I'm looking forward to reading a new one !! actually I only read great fic those last few weeks and it's all thank to my dear family !! thanks to all !!!! and talking about fic, do I need to kick your a** again SueKay ??? haven't read In between the threads recently ;) come on girl !! go back to your keyboard ;)

http://img228.imageshack.us/img228/1239/eyes238zc.jpg
Sam : hum... Jack, aren't you forgetting to say something ??
Jack looks perplexed so she goes on...almost whispering so the person around couldn't hear
Sam : you know this morning ...for breakfast... we talked about it...

http://img228.imageshack.us/img228/5753/eyes229bh.jpg
Jack smirking at the thought of the said morning : sure...congrats on your 100 posts UhSir !!!!

Thanks for your story lonely_star :D !
I have read all the spoilers of Beachhead . Sam is back Yessssss :D !

gate_girl12
August 20th, 2005, 05:18 AM

My God, you guys are getting ripped off. Really makes me appreciate my wages and Australia at the moment. I'm an administrative assistant at a supermarket and I get $16.66 an hour :s I will never b**ch about my pay again.

galaxy
August 20th, 2005, 05:38 AM
:D :) ;) :cool: :) :p :D

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DIPSOFJAZZ!!!

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a108/galaxy_/1hhh.jpg

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a108/galaxy_/10.jpg

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a108/galaxy_/12.jpg

(the pics are pretty small so...you get 3! :D )

I hope you have a wonderful day and all your dreams come true!

(((((BEV)))))

:) :D :rolleyes: :D :p ;) :eek: :D

Oma-1
August 20th, 2005, 05:45 AM
First things first :D

http://bestsmileys.com/birthday1/10.gif

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v685/Oma-1/bev.png

(((((Family)))))Thanks for all your spoilers for Beachhead. I haven't read them all cos I want a few surprises :p But I read enough to know I can't wait to see it! I'm so glad Sam's return hearalded the return of Stargate as we know it, and more importantly, confirmed the ship is still live and kicking :D :D

Loved the photo stories too :D

galaxy
August 20th, 2005, 06:11 AM
Hi Shippers!!

Thanks to everyone who posted spoilers and pics from Beachhead!!!

((((Shippers))))

The ep sounds so good!!!! I'm so glad Sam is back!
And I'm that the old SG1-vitality came back with her!
And I'm VERY HAPPY to hear that Landry has to ask JACK (!!!) when he wants Sam to help them.. but she is not under his command anymore, is she?
I mean Landry could have called Sam and ask her personally, so why did he call Jack??? :eek:
They are SO together...Woooooooooohoooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D
Can't wait for the next episode! :p

Oma-1
August 20th, 2005, 06:12 AM
Shippers! PLEASE HELP!!!!!

I want to change my sig but inspiration is sadly lacking :( I love the current one, but it's time for a change.

I want to use a pic of Sam & Jack that shows the rapport and humour they have between them. Most of my pics are angsty or only have one of them smiling. I'd like one with both of them smiling - maybe sharing a joke or laughing. Anybody have something like that???? In the meantime I'll be scouring cap sites :rolleyes: Thanks for your help :)

gate_girl12
August 20th, 2005, 06:13 AM
Happy Birthday Bev:

Just for you... a new pic

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a138/gate_girl12/understanding.jpg

Have a good day. And remember...if you touch the bottom on the cake, you have to kiss Jack :d

LOL4JACK
August 20th, 2005, 06:32 AM

I want to change my sig but inspiration is sadly lacking :( I love the current one, but it's time for a change.

I want to use a pic of Sam & Jack that shows the rapport and humour they have between them. Most of my pics are angsty or only have one of them smiling. I'd like one with both of them smiling - maybe sharing a joke or laughing. Anybody have something like that???? In the meantime I'll be scouring cap sites :rolleyes: Thanks for your help :)
Oma, I believe you've always liked that "dress" moment in emancipation :p... and I don't know about you but it had always seemed to me that she was dressed up as the bride in an offworld ceremony with Jack :p even Jack's face looks like the groom waiting for the bride to walk to him with his best men :D

My PM is not working, I can't send, reply or anything it just freezes up :( , does anybody else have problems?

LOL4JACK
August 20th, 2005, 06:41 AM
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y219/cmb1009/Jack/jacks9.jpg
Jack: Hmmm, what can I get Bev for her birthday?

Jack: Ok, I know...

http://bestsmileys.com/birthday1/3.gif
The wedding invitation!!!!!

Happy Birthday Bev :p

galaxy
August 20th, 2005, 06:50 AM

Yeah, pics on which BOTH are smiling are pretty rare....most of the time Jack says something funny and makes Sam smile (*sigh* so cute! :D )

Here are some with both smiling:

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a108/galaxy_/1hhh.jpg
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a108/galaxy_/gzhg.jpg
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a108/galaxy_/js13.jpg
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a108/galaxy_/z1.jpg
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a108/galaxy_/z2.jpg

Sorry Oma, that's all I could find, but I'll keep my eyes open! :)

BrenRen
August 20th, 2005, 07:03 AM
Beach Head Gen. Landry is talking toJack. "She is standing right here. You are a funny man ,Jack. Very funny." Landry looks at Sam. Sam has this expression on her face.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v205/FilBrit1/sam%20c/PDVD_129.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v205/FilBrit1/sam%20c/PDVD_093.jpg
Ooh... Thanks for sharing the Piccies, Gatebee!

Hmm... Sam's hair looks great! I've always liked the slightly longer hair on her, like the early part of season four.... This Sam-hair is very reminiscent of that time... which just happens to also be the shippiest season in Stargate history... Gotta mean something... Oh, I know what it is... She just beamed out of Jack's office in D.C. (told you those Asgard Transporters were pretty Handy-Dandy!) and into Stargate Command, just outside Landry's office. The mussed hair is from their steamy farewell embrace!

Well That's My Story. And I'm Stickin' To It!!

Sam & Jack ARE Together Forever!! So THERE! :D :P

UhSir
August 20th, 2005, 08:26 AM
She was in the room with the phone that was connected to the phone that was connected to Jack's ear... <sigh> There's teasing, and then there's cruel and unusual punishment...

Whoa! Hey, I didn't mean it like that at all! :o

So, did you sleep well? :D

BrenRen
August 20th, 2005, 08:37 AM
Whoa! Hey, I didn't mean it like that at all! :o

So, did you sleep well? :D
Umm... yeah, as a matter of fact, I did... Why?

I didn't mean that one that way at all, anyway! It's too early here to be in the gutter...

Wait a sec, it's never too early to jump in the gutter! What was I thinking?

{{{SPLASH}}}

Oooh, nice and warm as always!

Er, Topic??

Uhhh..........

SAM & JACK ARE TOGETHER!! FOREVER!!!!

And I still say Sam just beamed over to the SGC from Jack's office after a really really really fond farewell snog!

sueKay
August 20th, 2005, 08:54 AM
(((((((((((((((((SHIPPER FAMILY)))))))))))))))))))))

Have faith and ye shall be rewarded!

Someone said that sometime...I think...

but it's true!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*does the shipper salsa*

Woo hoo!!!!!!!

LS, Somnium - No fic updates tonight...working on the shipper site :D

BTW

WHAT'S EVERYONE'S FAVOURITE COLOURS?????????????

UhSir
August 20th, 2005, 09:04 AM
[QUOTE=sueKay]WHAT'S EVERYONE'S FAVOURITE COLOURS?????????????/QUOTE]

I can't speak for everyone, but my favorite color is green.
My eyes are green (-ish with gray undertones)
My first car was green
Money is green!
Trees are green!
Sam and Jack looked GREAT while fishing at Jack's cabin with all of those green trees surrounding them!

gate_girl12
August 20th, 2005, 09:13 AM
My fav colour is red. But for some freakish reason everything I own aside from my car is blue :s Go figure. So I reason I have two favourite colours; Red and Blue (and No, I do not barrack for Melbourne Demons >:|)

I am taking a break at the moment. I seem to be on a roll. I am writing my first fic in a long LONG time and I am just bursting with ideas...which as fate would have it, seem to actually be making sense. Go figure yet again.

(((Suekay)))

Haven't had a chance to check out the extras on my DVD's yet, as I had people around for dinner tonight, and got inspired to write the fic which I have been avoiding for some time now. Ah, I love procrastination. Thanks for the inspiration though :)

gatebee
August 20th, 2005, 09:17 AM
http://img228.imageshack.us/img228/7366/bts45ad.jpg
Jack : Actually I'm sure she'd like us to miss her birthday again...and again ...and again... :D
that is an awesome birthday card for Bev. Loved it.

sueKay
August 20th, 2005, 09:26 AM
SHIPPER FAMILY COLOUR TALLY

GREEN - UhSir
RED - Gate_Girl12
BLUE - Gate_Girl12
AQUA - Suekay

ADD YOUR NAME!!!!!!!!!!!!

gatebee
August 20th, 2005, 09:32 AM

GREEN - UhSir
RED - Gate_Girl12
BLUE - Gate_Girl12
AQUA - Suekay
YELLOW - Gatebee

I have added

shipper hannah
August 20th, 2005, 09:36 AM
well i'm back again after another week away... this is getting annoying...
i'm pleased to see there was at least a tiny possibility of ship in beachhead which you're all buzzing about ;) :D

suekay: surely if you're getting below minimum wage your employers are breaking the law and you can report them somewhere?

oh, and caps, caps, caps, caps!! give me some captions people!!!! :p

Queen Eleta
August 20th, 2005, 09:37 AM
Originally Posted by sueKay

GREEN - UhSir
RED - Gate_Girl12
BLUE - Gate_Girl12
AQUA - Suekay
YELLOW - Gatebee
PURPLE- Queen Eleta

shipper hannah
August 20th, 2005, 09:38 AM

GREEN - UhSir
RED - Gate_Girl12
BLUE - Gate_Girl12
AQUA - Suekay

what do you write your fave colour or something?
how come gategirl has red and blue?
someone answer quick before people steal all the colours!!!

Hulabaloo
August 20th, 2005, 09:39 AM

GREEN - UhSir
RED - Gate_Girl12
BLUE - Gate_Girl12
AQUA - Suekay

NAVY - Hulabaloo

BrenRen
August 20th, 2005, 09:49 AM

GREEN - UhSir
RED - Gate_Girl12
BLUE - Gate_Girl12
AQUA - Suekay
YELLOW - Gatebee

PURPLE - Bren Ren ~ Also my favorite expletive! (I work in a school....)

sugarshaker
August 20th, 2005, 09:51 AM
Shippy hugs everyone! :D

It seems like it's been forever since I've been on and I've really missed you guys. My pics from the NJ con came out terrible, but the one that counts was great:

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y243/sugarshaker/d894632f.jpg (http://photobucket.com/albums/y243/sugarshaker/?)

That's Marian (the Trupster), Carolina (LOL4JACK) and yours truly. I was sure I had a pic of Lynn as well, but apparently not. :o I'm sure they have already filed their con reports, so I won't repeat anything they may have said except to say that we had a blast and I'm already looking forward to next year! :D

Check this out when you have a chance: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/1675903/13/

It's the first page from Chapter 13 of It Should Have Been Me by Ted Sadler. I'm posting it because this is exactly the sceen I wanted to see between Sam and Jack in Threads. In it, Sam realizes that her decision to "leave it in the room" was the biggest mistake of her life and she finally understands just how deeply she betrayed Jack by running off with Pete. She apologizes to Jack for not having the courage to make their relationship work and promises that he can now count on her to always be there for him no matter what. I would have paid money to see this on the show, so read it and enjoy! :D

And (I saved the best for last):

http://yelims2.free.fr/Fete/HappyBirthDay.gif

Happy Birthday Bev!

Whoops, I'm duty officer today and I have to run! Catch you guys later. :D

galaxy
August 20th, 2005, 09:53 AM

GREEN - UhSir
RED - Gate_Girl12
BLUE - Gate_Girl12
AQUA - Suekay
YELLOW - Gatebee
PURPLE- Queen Eleta
MAGENTA - Galaxy
NAVY - Hulabaloo
PURPLE - Bren Ren

Quick question...why exactly are we doing this???

Sam_o_Neill
August 20th, 2005, 09:59 AM
I just watched Beachhead and...
I loved it!! :D:D SG-1 are back together and it feels a lot more like stargate with Sam back. Her and Jack are definately together,I could see it in her eyes!!:P I can't wait for next week! I just hope we get Jack back in an ep soon! I miss him.
I didn't want Vala to go! I didn't realise how much I liked her until I thought she was dead at the end and I was praying she wasn't :S I hope we get to see her again too because she was a great character and brought a lot of uhmour to the show that was missing due to the lack of Jack. I'm still not sure about Mitchell I don't feel that his character has really had any effect on me... My Rating for this ep:- 81/2 /10 :D

Sam_o_Neill
August 20th, 2005, 10:04 AM
Bev!!!!! Happy Birthday! :D:D:D

http://bestsmileys.com/birthday1/18.gif

gate_girl12
August 20th, 2005, 10:05 AM
what do you write your fave colour or something?
how come gategirl has red and blue?
someone answer quick before people steal all the colours!!!

sue asked us to add to the tally our favourite colours, and I happen to have two. I don't think its a competition, so two people can have the same colours. :p

trupi
August 20th, 2005, 10:10 AM
Shippy hugs everyone! :D

It seems like it's been forever since I've been on and I've really missed you guys. My pics from the NJ con came out terrible, but the one that counts was great:

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y243/sugarshaker/d894632f.jpg (http://photobucket.com/albums/y243/sugarshaker/?)

That's Marian (the Trupster), Carolina (LOL4JACK) and yours truly. I was sure I had a pic of Lynn as well, but apparently not. :o I'm sure they have already filed their con reports, so I won't repeat anything they may have said except to say that we had a blast and I'm already looking forward to next year! :D

Check this out when you have a chance: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/1675903/13/

It's the first page from Chapter 13 of It Should Have Been Me by Ted Sadler. I'm posting it because this is exactly the sceen I wanted to see between Sam and Jack in Threads. In it, Sam realizes that her decision to "leave it in the room" was the biggest mistake of her life and she finally understands just how deeply she betrayed Jack by running off with Pete. She apologizes to Jack for not having the courage to make their relationship work and promises that he can now count on her to always be there for him no matter what. I would have paid money to see this on the show, so read it and enjoy! :D

And (I saved the best for last):

[url]http://yelims2.free.fr/Fete/HappyBirthDay.gif

Happy Birthday Bev!

Whoops, I'm duty officer today and I have to run! Catch you guys later. :D
Sugarshaker we miss you! Get a home computer already! You take great pictures. Carolina started an Apophis thread so if you have a chance that a look. Did you see Beachhead! Don't want to chatter forever! :p :p :p

sugarshaker
August 20th, 2005, 10:10 AM
I just watched Beachhead and...
I loved it!! :D:D SG-1 are back together and it feels a lot more like stargate with Sam back. Her and Jack are definately together,I could see it in her eyes!!:p I can't wait for next week! I just hope we get Jack back in an ep soon! I miss him.

That's the way I saw it too. I really have to go back and watch it again, but I read her reluctance at being there as after 8 years, she doesn't want to spend one more minute away from Jack! :D :D

NG.1
August 20th, 2005, 10:11 AM
Hi everybody

Can somebody please please please please please read the latest fanfiction I'm busy writing. It is sort of action/adventure but I promise romance will show.

The story is about what would have happened if certain key events didn't happen in SG-1's live (courtesy of a Goa'uld changing the time line):
Stargate was never discovered - Catherine and her father was killed on the spot
Catherine therefore never got Daniel to assist with the Stargate program
Sam's mother wasn't killed in the accident therefore she never got things sorted out with her father. She married Jonas, killed him in self defense and landed up in jail.
Charlie never died, but Jack sorta raised him due to Sarah dying of cancer.
Teal'c served Anubis instead of Apophis, but found out in time what's up with his false 'god'.

The link is as follows: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2477801/1/

My e-mail address is [email protected]

Queen Eleta
August 20th, 2005, 10:11 AM

On Topic:

LOL! About your spoiler, counts for me too!!

sugarshaker
August 20th, 2005, 10:17 AM
Sugarshaker we miss you! Get a home computer already! You take great pictures. Carolina started an Apophis thread so if you have a chance that a look. Did you see Beachhead! Don't want to chatter forever! :p :p :p

I'm working on it trupster! :D I have so many things going on right now my head is spinning. When it comes to Sam and Jack, though, I do want to chat forever. :p :D :D

gatebee
August 20th, 2005, 10:19 AM
I'm working on it trupster! :D I have so many things going on right now my head is spinning. When it comes to Sam and Jack, though, I do want to chat forever. :p :D :D
I know what you mean .... chatting about Sam and Jack is such a lovely thing to do

sugarshaker
August 20th, 2005, 10:21 AM

GREEN - UhSir
RED - Gate_Girl12
BLUE - Gate_Girl12
AQUA - Suekay
YELLOW - Gatebee
PURPLE- Queen Eleta
MAGENTA - Galaxy
NAVY - Hulabaloo
PURPLE - Bren Ren
RED - sugarshaker

lonely_star
August 20th, 2005, 10:30 AM

GREEN - UhSir
RED - Gate_Girl12
BLUE - Gate_Girl12, Lonely_star
AQUA - Suekay
YELLOW - Gatebee
PURPLE- Queen Eleta
MAGENTA - Galaxy
NAVY - Hulabaloo
PURPLE - Bren Ren

Quick question...why exactly are we doing this???

:rolleyes: because it's FUN !!!! :D and I don't care if someone already has said blue...cause I can't live without blue !! :o

gate_girl12
August 20th, 2005, 10:38 AM
Go Blue, it rocks! Colour of the event horizon.

K peeps wayyyy past my bedtime. It's 340am here and I'm running out of inspiration. Goodnight campers :)

gatebee
August 20th, 2005, 10:44 AM

K peeps wayyyy past my bedtime. It's 340am here and I'm running out of inspiration. Goodnight campers :)

good night gate girl12 .. have lovely shippy dreams
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v205/FilBrit1/grace1.jpg

trupi
August 20th, 2005, 10:54 AM

I love that signature!

trupi
August 20th, 2005, 11:00 AM
Hi everybody

Can somebody please please please please please read the latest fanfiction I'm busy writing. It is sort of action/adventure but I promise romance will show.

The story is about what would have happened if certain key events didn't happen in SG-1's live (courtesy of a Goa'uld changing the time line):
Stargate was never discovered - Catherine and her father was killed on the spot
Catherine therefore never got Daniel to assist with the Stargate program
Sam's mother wasn't killed in the accident therefore she never got things sorted out with her father. She married Jonas, killed him in self defense and landed up in jail.
Charlie never died, but Jack sorta raised him due to Sarah dying of cancer.
Teal'c served Anubis instead of Apophis, but found out in time what's up with his false 'god'.

The link is as follows: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2477801/1/

My e-mail address is [email protected]
Will read tonight if I don't fall on my face! :D

trupi
August 20th, 2005, 11:05 AM

GREEN - UhSir
RED - Gate_Girl12
BLUE - Gate_Girl12
AQUA - Suekay
YELLOW - Gatebee
PURPLE- Queen Eleta
MAGENTA - Galaxy
NAVY - Hulabaloo
PURPLE - Bren Ren
RED - sugarshaker
Gray-Trupi
Next person!

nell
August 20th, 2005, 11:19 AM

GREEN - UhSir
RED - Gate_Girl12
BLUE - Gate_Girl12
AQUA - Suekay
YELLOW - Gatebee
PURPLE- Queen Eleta
MAGENTA - Galaxy
NAVY - Hulabaloo
PURPLE - Bren Ren
RED - sugarshaker
NOVA SCOTIA SALMON - nell (What? :D You asked!! :rolleyes: Hee, hee!!)

gatebee
August 20th, 2005, 11:28 AM

GREEN - UhSir
RED - Gate_Girl12
BLUE - Gate_Girl12
AQUA - Suekay
YELLOW - Gatebee
PURPLE- Queen Eleta
MAGENTA - Galaxy
NAVY - Hulabaloo
PURPLE - Bren Ren
RED - sugarshaker

what exactly is Nova Scotia Salmon color like ...

gwenhwyfar
August 20th, 2005, 11:37 AM
Uh, Hi. I am extremely new to this forum (just signed up yesterday). I am SO glad I can finally discuss Stargate with other people who know the show but more importantly, understand why I am a shipper.

To me the show just won't be the same without the ocasional (and later on rare) bits of ship. It made the show a little more fun.

Let me just say, my mother, who knows practically nothing about Stargate, watched an episode with me (before season 5). During one scene with Sam and Jack, she turned to me and said "They're in love." Even my mom could see it!

And am I the only one who felt both extremely happy AND a little cheated about the season 8 finale? I know it was ship but...

nell
August 20th, 2005, 11:43 AM
what exactly is Nova Scotia Salmon color like ...

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y209/cilljill/image2085.jpg

Jack: Sam, gatebee asked nell what Nova Scotia Salmon looks like. Isn't your sweater a salmon color?
Sam: Jack, this hue of salmon is probably more similar to Alaskan Salmon.
Jack: Uh, oh, yeah, of course! That work for you, gatebee?!!

thanks to unknown capper!!

gatebee
August 20th, 2005, 11:57 AM
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y209/cilljill/image2085.jpg

Jack: Sam, gatebee asked nell what Nova Scotia Salmon looks like. Isn't your sweater a salmon color?
Sam: Jack, this hue of salmon is probably more similar to Alaskan Salmon.
Jack: Uh, oh, yeah, of course! That work for you, gatebee?!!

thanks to unknown capper!!

thanks Nell that is a very lovely way to explain it.... I like visual aids especially if they have Sam and Jack helping you.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v205/FilBrit1/113des02.jpg
pic fr either rda-forever or rdanderson site

UhSir
August 20th, 2005, 12:08 PM
qwenhwyfar - Welcome!

Yes, anyone who can't see the ship with Sam and Jack must literally be blind. That is where most of it is :) (was) :( .

I really hope there is a real scene this season with Sam and Jack really in the same room at the same time and in the real reality. :S Wow, I hope that isn't really hard to make sense out of. :D

Cathain Nottingham
August 20th, 2005, 12:11 PM

GREEN - UhSir
RED - Gate_Girl12
BLUE - Gate_Girl12
AQUA - Suekay
YELLOW - Gatebee
PURPLE- Queen Eleta
MAGENTA - Galaxy
NAVY - Hulabaloo
PURPLE - Bren Ren
RED - sugarshaker

SILVER – Cathain (after a certain silver haired fox:D)

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b21/cathain_n/jack.jpg
Jack: Not only did I inspire Cathain’s favorite color but I get to watch Sam’s six…life is good.

nell
August 20th, 2005, 12:18 PM
SILVER – Cathain (after a certain silver haired fox:D)

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b21/cathain_n/jack.jpg

Jack: Not only did I inspire Cathain’s favorite color but I get to watch Sam’s six…life is good.

Hi Cathain,
How are you today? :)

Cathain Nottingham
August 20th, 2005, 12:20 PM
Hi Cathain,
How are you today? :)

Hi Nell, I'm not too bad, very tired and I was a bit sore this morning but I'm up and ready to dive into my writing :D

How are you?

nell
August 20th, 2005, 12:25 PM
Hi Nell, I'm not too bad, very tired and I was a bit sore this morning but I'm up and ready to dive into my writing :D

How are you?

Glad to hear you're recovering! Take it easy! As for me, after watching Beach Head Sam's back and SG-1 is starting to look like a team!!! I'm feeling encouraged about some action and adventure coming our way!! :D

Cathain Nottingham
August 20th, 2005, 12:28 PM
Okay this is an S/J thread and this is an S/J shipper question (albeit not the average one) anyway...

What if Jack was dead / accended would you want Sam to die to be with him or have her finish her life on Earth?

Basically I got the thought from the story "The Greatest Man I Never Knew" (http://www.fanfiction.net/s/1877178/1/)

Cathain Nottingham
August 20th, 2005, 12:30 PM
Glad to hear you're recovering! Take it easy! As for me, after watching Beach Head Sam's back and SG-1 is starting to look like a team!!! I'm feeling encouraged about some action and adventure coming our way!! :D

I completely agree with you!

UhSir
August 20th, 2005, 12:38 PM
What if Jack was dead / accended would you want Sam to die to be with him or have her finish her life on Earth?

I'm a Sam fan first, then a Jack fan, then a S/J ship fan. So my answer would be for Sam to live on!

But the shipper in me says, Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! Jack will never die as long as Sam is alive!

sugarshaker
August 20th, 2005, 12:49 PM

I was just trying to imagine the conversation between Sam and Jack when he sends her on this mission. Sam would look at him with those big doe eyes and say that she could never be part of SG-1 again without him there. Jack would look at her with that glint in his eye that says he doesn't want to take the chance of loosing her, but once again, they have to sacrifice their personal interets to save the world. I'm no writer, though, (as you can see) so I'll leave it up to our many talented fanfic writers to come up with that scene. :)

Hulabaloo
August 20th, 2005, 12:58 PM
Ah yes my kind of place.

*H (everyone please call me H tis easier) walks in and grabs a beanbag and a cocktail*

girlgater
August 20th, 2005, 01:01 PM
I was just trying to imagine the conversation between Sam and Jack when he sends her on this mission. Sam would look at him with those big doe eyes and say that she could never be part of SG-1 again without him there. Jack would look at her with that glint in his eye that says he doesn't want to take the chance of loosing her, but once again, they have to sacrifice their personal interets to save the world. I'm no writer, though, (as you can see) so I'll leave it up to our many talented fanfic writers to come up with that scene. :)

Who says you're not a writer. It sounds just about perfect to me. I can hear Jack saying those words. After last night's episode I really think that Jack and Sam have been together. Something she said even made me wonder if he hadn't been at Area 51 with her. I really hope we get to see him soon. I miss him. It did 'feel' like the team was back together, but it still not right without Jack. I too was sorry to see Vala leave--although I have had complaints about her overtly sexual behavior.

Hulabaloo
August 20th, 2005, 01:04 PM
*Closes eyes to spoliers*

Okay,the picture of them under water, ive seen that a lot, what ep is it from?

galaxy
August 20th, 2005, 01:07 PM
*Closes eyes to spoliers*

Okay,the picture of them under water, ive seen that a lot, what ep is it from?
It's from season 6: "Descent" :)

UhSir
August 20th, 2005, 01:14 PM
I was just trying to imagine the conversation between Sam and Jack when he sends her on this mission.
A lead-in idea for what you've got
Sam is standing in the kitchen reading something that's on the counter. Jack comes up behind her and softly says, "What are you reading?" Sam turns to face him but her shoulder presses into his chest. He puts his hand on her shoulder and

Sam would look at him with those big doe eyes and say that she could never be part of SG-1 again without him there. Jack would look at her with that glint in his eye that says he doesn't want to take the chance of loosing her, but once again, they have to sacrifice their personal interets to save the world.

Hulabaloo
August 20th, 2005, 01:15 PM
K, thanks.

sueKay
August 20th, 2005, 01:51 PM
Okay...I'd better explain the colour thing...

I'm designing the website for all of the shipper links and I just wanted to see what was the most popular colour, so I could make the site that colour.

Zat's all! :D

Cathain Nottingham
August 20th, 2005, 01:58 PM
Okay...I'd better explain the colour thing...

I'm designing the website for all of the shipper links and I just wanted to see what was the most popular colour, so I could make the site that colour.

Zat's all! :D

Hmmmm....*wonders if Sue is up to something*

((((((((((((((((sue)))))))))))))))))

melpomene
August 20th, 2005, 01:59 PM
Hi guys. I see you resurrected my deceased thread. It was set up during some rough times on the regular ship thread. Troubles which have, mercifully blown over long ago. Naturally your all welcome to hang out if you like but I just wanted to say the party at the Sam/Jack Ship family Discussion thread is larger, been around longer and probably going to be a lot more fun with everybody in the same place and all. I've gone back there for my shipping and it's just a great place to be:)

gwenhwyfar
August 20th, 2005, 02:02 PM

Ooh, tough question! Well, Sam is tied with Jack as my favorite character so that part of me would want her to live on. The shipper in me would, of course, want them to be together. Of course a better solution would be for Jack to re-take human form and come back to be with Sam!