PDA

View Full Version : Sam Carter/Jack O'Neill Ship Appreciation Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 [41] 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57

galaxy
August 16th, 2005, 08:20 AM
OT : But I watched the season finale of NCIS last night and I was shocked .. Kate :( :( :( I knew something was gonna happen because Sasha wanted to leave the show but I thought she would die with the first bullet ..When she got up and got it a la Janet fraser ..It was the shock of my life .....even sader than with Janet because we didn't see it through a tape recorder but full screen and very clear and poor Tony and Gibbs standing next to her when it happened with the blood splashing on Tony's face :( I 'm still thinking about it right now ..There is gonna be Drama for the opening of the new season if there is one !!! Kate was so funny during the whole episode with Tony and the banter they had between each other ..She will be missed greatly by Tony I think considering he was about to die in the previous episode and she was there for him all the way until he recovered fron the plague ..I think it will affect him a lot and may be change him a little after that . ..and Gibb is gonna make it personnal to kill that terrorist ..He warned him about hurting Kate so now ...He has a big mission at hand .

Has any of you seen that episode ?!!

And Sam and Jack forever :)

Caty :)

Sorry for the stupid question, but what is NCIS standing for?
You talked about that show earlier, but I still don't know what it is... :o

Sounds like a dramatic end for that character...must be quite shocking for the fans to see that. :S

Catysg1
August 16th, 2005, 08:38 AM
Sorry for the stupid question, but what is NCIS standing for?
You talked about that show earlier, but I still don't know what it is... :o

Sounds like a dramatic end for that character...must be quite shocking for the fans to see that. :S

N means Navy ..I don't know for the rest probably crime scene something but it's the same producers as JAG ( belisario) and well for the scene in question it was very distressing ..I'm glad that I read just a couple of days before that the actress wanted to leave the show otherwise I think I would have fainted ..I mean it was very graphic ...you see everything and you see her dead on the floor with her eyes opened and the blood pouring from under ....and she got the bullet just as she got up from the first bullet which got her in her bullet proof jacket ( chest), she jumped in front of the boss so that she gets the bullet and not him and as she was getting up with the help of the 2 men , they were all laughing ..she was saying " I thought I would die before >>>>" then bullet hit her at the back of the head and you see it coming to the front of the head ..she dies instantly falling to the ground ..and the 2 men are just frozen by what just happened .... The terrorist who met her before liked her but he killed her to make a point to Gibb, the boss ...and as he shoot from very far away ..another building ...he says "Sorry kate" :eek: Gosh That was hard to take .

caty :)

Zoser
August 16th, 2005, 08:50 AM
OT : But I watched the season finale of NCIS last night and I was shocked .. Kate :( :( :( I knew something was gonna happen because Sasha wanted to leave the show but I thought she would die with the first bullet ..When she got up and got it a la Janet fraser ..It was the shock of my life .....even sader than with Janet because we didn't see it through a tape recorder but full screen and very clear and poor Tony and Gibbs standing next to her when it happened with the blood splashing on Tony's face :( I 'm still thinking about it right now ..There is gonna be Drama for the opening of the new season if there is one !!! Kate was so funny during the whole episode with Tony and the banter they had between each other ..She will be missed greatly by Tony I think considering he was about to die in the previous episode and she was there for him all the way until he recovered fron the plague ..I think it will affect him a lot and may be change him a little after that . ..and Gibb is gonna make it personnal to kill that terrorist ..He warned him about hurting Kate so now ...He has a big mission at hand .

As for NCIS saw it a few months ago and was totally unprepared for the ending. Stargate is the only series I obsess about but I do watch NCIS. Gibbs will be a man to recon with after this and may change Tony a bit. I liked Kate as a character...felt a little sick after the end.

galaxy
August 16th, 2005, 08:59 AM
N means Navy ..I don't know for the rest probably crime scene something but it's the same producers as JAG ( belisario) and well for the scene in question it was very distressing ..I'm glad that I read just a couple of days before that the actress wanted to leave the show otherwise I think I would have fainted ..I mean it was very graphic ...you see everything and you see her dead on the floor with her eyes opened and the blood pouring from under ....and she got the bullet just as she got up from the first bullet which got her in her bullet proof jacket ( chest), she jumped in front of the boss so that she gets the bullet and not him and as she was getting up with the help of the 2 men , they were all laughing ..she was saying " I thought I would die before >>>>" then bullet hit her at the back of the head and you see it coming to the front of the head ..she dies instantly falling to the ground ..and the 2 men are just frozen by what just happened .... The terrorist who met her before liked her but he killed her to make a point to Gibb, the boss ...and as he shoot from very far away ..another building ...he says "Sorry kate" :eek: Gosh That was hard to take .

caty :)

Wow, sounds cruel! But maybe the actress wanted such an end for her character. I think if I were an actress I'd rather have a dramatical end, than something boring like moving away for example....unless I plan to come back someday of course. :D

Token
August 16th, 2005, 09:57 AM
Originally Posted by Catysg1
OT : But I watched the season finale of NCIS last night and I was shocked ..Kate :( :( :( I knew something was gonna happen because Sasha wanted to leave the show but I thought she would die with the first bullet ..When she got up and got it a la Janet fraser ..It was the shock of my life .....even sader than with Janet because we didn't see it through a tape recorder but full screen and very clear and poor Tony and Gibbs standing next to her when it happened with the blood splashing on Tony's face :( I 'm still thinking about it right now ..There is gonna be Drama for the opening of the new season if there is one !!! Kate was so funny during the whole episode with Tony and the banter they had between each other ..She will be missed greatly by Tony I think considering he was about to die in the previous episode and she was there for him all the way until he recovered fron the plague ..I think it will affect him a lot and may be change him a little after that . ..and Gibb is gonna make it personnal to kill that terrorist ..He warned him about hurting Kate so now ...He has a big mission at hand .

As for NCIS saw it a few months ago and was totally unprepared for the ending. Stargate is the only series I obsess about but I do watch NCIS. Gibbs will be a man to recon with after this and may change Tony a bit. I liked Kate as a character...felt a little sick after the end.

((((((((((Caty))))))))) ((((((((Zoser))))))))) I'm right there with you! Zoser, I didn't have a clue as to what was going to happen. TOTALLY SHOCKED!!! Kate was my favorite character. She reminded me alot of Sam. She was smart, kicka$$, and beautiful. I couldn't understand WHY PTB would kill the character. It wasn't until a couple of weeks ago that I read that the actress didn't want to renew her contract and TPTB took advantage of the opportunity. That makes me feel somewhat better because I know the actress wanted to leav. It PTB had done it for ratings or "making a statement", I would probably stop watching the show. To me, Tony is alot like Vala...too much sexual joking. Hopefully Kate's death will grow him up alittle. I'm curious as to who the replacement will be.

Janet and Jacob S7, S8 spoilers I'm not happy that Janet and Jacob were killed. The characters were just as much a part of Stargate as SG-1. Jacob was my third favorite character after Sam and Jack. I will mourn his loss, and I hope we see Sam continue to deal with that loss as well. Of course, I'm not holding my breath. :rolleyes:

UhSir
August 16th, 2005, 10:14 AM
;) It's a passion for me as I do it for a lot of shows :) and also my own family holiday clips and friends :)

Can I adopt you? :D

gatebee
August 16th, 2005, 10:29 AM
Can I adopt you? :D
RLOL ... I know exactly what you mean ... Caty is so gifted in her vids
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v205/FilBrit1/sg1/PDVD_142.jpg
Sam and Jack in the S1 2nd ep .... even then they were already joined at the hip

gatebee
August 16th, 2005, 10:36 AM

Hi Caty, I have watched all of NCIS ...Navy Crime Investigation Service...I put my responces at SI
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v205/FilBrit1/sg1/PDVD_134.jpg

m_wendy_r
August 16th, 2005, 10:36 AM
Hey shipper family :)

I thought I would pop in for a quick post in case I don't get the chance for a while. I haven't been here for nearly a week. I have been all over the place. I have been to Scotland, then to Cardiff and then Alton towers and I am still in one piece lol!

I haven't been able to read all the posts yet but I have seen some piccies that have been posted. Very good. :D Oh I watched A$$inity today on Sky One :eek: ...I still hate watching that episode even though we know the eventual outcome! I had to mute it at the end where she kept saying 'yes'...but I went to my happy place and reminded myself Sam and Jack are together now and :eek: has gone :D ;)

And last but certainly not the least....

(((((((((((W))))))))))))

I am glad you are back. I missed ya! Oh and I told Kirsty (thelittlesis) you said hi and I told her about the bucket of custard! She waves back and say's that you should also watch your back in case some custard comes flying your way! :D ;)

Hugs
~Tracey~

((((((((((((T)))))))))))

I hope you had a good time in Cardiff, Scotland and Alton Towers. I've been to Alton Towers, I live about an hour or so away, it was AMAZING.

I know what you mean about Affinity. It does suck, but since I know the outcome I now don't mind watching it. I guess I have a strong stomach...

LOL Tell Kirsty that when the custard comes, she'll get it back. No need to worry, I'm making a big batch right now... :D :P

Wendy
Hugs :)

m_wendy_r
August 16th, 2005, 10:39 AM
Tracey -whereabouts in Scotland were you??? We could have met up!

Ah well...too late!

Anywho...I have some news...

GUESS WHO'S GOING TO UNI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SUZ!!!!!!!! Congrats. :D:D:D

((((((((Hugs)))))))))))

Well done, and I'm sure you'll have a great time at Uni and make loads of new friends... and study... too.

Wendy

Twisted Angel (Sam_rules)
August 16th, 2005, 11:17 AM
Thanks for all the green and well wishes!!!!!!!!

Tracey - I don't know where Duffus is and my mum's never heard of it...Was it Duff Town of Dumfries or somewhere else? And whereabouts is it?????

Anywho...I'll going to be contacting the University today...see what I'm going to do!

But I'll be posting chapter 13 of In Between the Threads too!
Well never ask me for directions either. I never have any idea where it is! ;) But with the help of my mum and the A-Z of Britain I have found it! :) Ok so mum say's it is 5 miles up from Elgin and around 5ish miles from Lossiemouth!

So have you decided what you are going to do yet! I would green you too but I can't yet! :(

And can't wait for chapter 13 btw. :D

~Tracey~

michelleb
August 16th, 2005, 11:18 AM
I want cake, jello, rocky road ice cream...alcohol (I'm legal soon I swear!)

And SHIPPY GOODNESS!!!!!!!

I will join you in that...but with cookis and cream ice-cream. and a tall cold glass of rose muscadet. (i've been legal for years!!!)

see, i told you you could get in to uni! that's cos i know everything <assumes smug, all-knowing look, which will disappear as soon i realise how stupid i look like that>.

as for teh shippy goodness, even if we don't see it onscreen we know it's there, in sam and jack's heart's and minds, and in our dreams and writing.

August 16th, 2005, 11:29 AM
Argh, GW won’t let me quote without it getting stuck….
(((((W))))))

I did have a good time. Lots of memories came flooding back when I went to Scotland. I spent a lot of my childhood summer holidays up there! :) Cardiff was great; I went to see my friend at uni. And yep, Alton Towers is brilliant. I went on the new ride, Rita! It was scary but very trés cool! :) I hope you had a good time on your holiday! :)

You must have, going through the last scene is just argh! ;) I just watched Covenant today. Watching it a second time, I do actually like that episode. I just kept imagining what Jacks face would have been like if he had seen her in that suit! :D

*Giggles* I will. She has just come back from a holiday in Cornwall, so I will email it to her tonight! :)

~Tracey~

michelleb
August 16th, 2005, 11:33 AM
You know what's odd? (here I go, on one of my pointless rambles again...), I was watching Without a Trace last night. Now, I've known for ages that there's an older guy called Jack, and a younger blonde woman called Sam that he has a complicated emotional relationship with...but it only just cliked last night that another member of their team...a younger, sexy man, who doesn't seem at all interested in sleeping with sam....is called Danny!!! (and the woman who played Kerry was in last nights one).

And in The Day After Tomorrow, the dad's called Jack, and the son's called Sam (leading to the lines like 'Jack, Sam's on the phone for you!' and jack saying 'Sam, I'm coming to get you' giving me little shippy squees despite it not being our sam and jack)

There's an old silent movie called Jack, Sam and Pete..it's a western.

Really, what a pointless load of information i do know! I'm going to interpret it all as a sign sam and jack are meant to be together

Billie
August 16th, 2005, 11:44 AM
SueKay – Great news on uni, congrats!! Criminology sounds very interesting, might just be asking you for some tips if you go with that!

Am suffering from eye strain syndrome at the moment as am spending so much time glued to my computer screen lapping up Hail Dorothy’s Chosen Hearts ship fic series. If you read this Dorothy – Hail to you, I love it!! Don’t suppose you have any insurance that covers eyesight deteriation do you, only your fics are so addictive that I just can’t tear myself away!! Hee hee!

Token – Thanks so much for posting your gifs again, they are great especially the one from Grace which is positively mesmorising!! Tried to green you but had my wrist slapped and told to spread it around! How bout a hug instead (((Token)))

One last thing, for those of you who remember me mentioning that I'm getting a cat, well I went to see the kittens today and fell in love with a little ginger fella who fell asleep on my lap, so I’m having a boy!! Have decided to call him JJ, I don’t doubt that you can all guess who his name sake is!

Oh, one other last thing...just watched the ring scene in Affinity and I have to say I do love that scene even though Sam is discussing her and :eek: It's just such a great example of the incredible bond that jack and sam share, you can really see the emotional turmoil that's bubbling away beneath the surface (mmm...good name for an episode me thinks!!).
One day shippers one day hopefully we'll have jack, sam and a ring in a scene again and the result will be the shipper family doing the shipper boogie!! :p

m_wendy_r
August 16th, 2005, 11:50 AM
Argh, GW won’t let me quote without it getting stuck….
(((((W))))))

I did have a good time. Lots of memories came flooding back when I went to Scotland. I spent a lot of my childhood summer holidays up there! :) Cardiff was great; I went to see my friend at uni. And yep, Alton Towers is brilliant. I went on the new ride, Rita! It was scary but very trés cool! :) I hope you had a good time on your holiday! :)

You must have, going through the last scene is just argh! ;) I just watched Covenant today. Watching it a second time, I do actually like that episode. I just kept imagining what Jacks face would have been like if he had seen her in that suit! :D

*Giggles* I will. She has just come back from a holiday in Cornwall, so I will email it to her tonight! :)

~Tracey~

I've never been to Scotland, but my Grandma has promised that one day I will get to go.

Alton Towers was amazing, I went for the first time in June for the day. I didn't go on Rita, because I have to be careful of my back, but it didn't stop me from enjoying as many rides as I was allowed to go on. LOL

I like Convenant, it's a big talky, but I like the storyline. I still hate the Reporter woman. I don't remember her name. But it's a solid episode. I found myself looking at Sam's fingers alot when I first watched it, looking for that damn ring! :eek:

Hope she had a great time in Cormwall.

Wendy

m_wendy_r
August 16th, 2005, 11:53 AM
You know what's odd? (here I go, on one of my pointless rambles again...), I was watching Without a Trace last night. Now, I've known for ages that there's an older guy called Jack, and a younger blonde woman called Sam that he has a complicated emotional relationship with...but it only just cliked last night that another member of their team...a younger, sexy man, who doesn't seem at all interested in sleeping with sam....is called Danny!!! (and the woman who played Kerry was in last nights one).

And in The Day After Tomorrow, the dad's called Jack, and the son's called Sam (leading to the lines like 'Jack, Sam's on the phone for you!' and jack saying 'Sam, I'm coming to get you' giving me little shippy squees despite it not being our sam and jack)

Really, what a pointless load of information i do know! I'm going to interpret it all as a sign sam and jack are meant to be together

It's amazing where you see the signs! I like the connection, and I have to admit when I watched The Day After Tomorrow that I didn't click onto their names.

YES, it's destiny.

Wendy

galaxy
August 16th, 2005, 11:57 AM

ROFLMAO :D

I know what you mean....
I noticed this name thing in Without a Trace and The Day after Tomorrow too and was completely fascinated. LOL
Though I'm not a big Without a Trace fan, I often turn the TV on when it airs just to hear the names...(how silly is that?)

And this western-movie....wow! Really?
Jack and Pete, hm? Do they have a gun-duel at sunset in the movie? :p :D

sueKay
August 16th, 2005, 12:21 PM
Aloha!

Tracey - Is it Dufftown? Or a village near it?

Anywho...tomorrow I register for Uni...they skipped the HUGE waiting list for me!!!!!!!

I'll be doing a BA/BA(hons) Social Sciences!!!!!!!!!!!

Yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wish me luck!!!!!!

I'll be doing chapter 13 of 'In Between the Threads' tonight...It's gonna be sad.

I decided against Criminology as I hadn't considered it and don't know a thing about it...I decided against computing as I'd rather keep that as a hobby to be perfectly honest.

SAM AND JACK FOREVER!!!!!!!!!!!!

And...

LET'S HAVE A PARTY!!!!!!!!!!!!

gatebee
August 16th, 2005, 12:33 PM

I guess that just proves that being real shippers everythings comes to in relationship to Sam and Jack being together forever
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v205/FilBrit1/f59fb743.jpg
pic fr myrth

galaxy
August 16th, 2005, 12:35 PM
Wow, that sounds great sueKay!!!

I wanted to study criminology too, but I found out that you can't study it without a police training here...and the idea of me with a gun is hilarious on the one hand and terrifying on the other...so I dropped that plan...LOL :D

I'm studying sociology and philosophy now and I'm pretty happy with that.

Hope you will be as pleased with your choice as I am with mine. :D

gatebee
August 16th, 2005, 12:37 PM
Aloha!

Tracey - Is it Dufftown? Or a village near it?

Anywho...tomorrow I register for Uni...they skipped the HUGE waiting list for me!!!!!!!

Yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wish me luck!!!!!!

I'll be doing chapter 13 of 'In Between the Threads' tonight...It's gonna be sad.

I decided against Criminology as I hadn't considered it and don't know a thing about it...I decided against computing as I'd rather keep that as a hobby to be perfectly honest.

SAM AND JACK FOREVER!!!!!!!!!!!!

And...

CONGRATULATIONS SUEKAY ..... what exactly do you study in BA social science.... how long is the course and how do you apply this course to real life job applications

August 16th, 2005, 12:40 PM
Aaaww I hope you get to go hun! :)

Oh yeah, I remember you have back problems form when you told us in the food fight thread! Hehe I hope not! :)

Yeah me too! She is just an annoying person! LOL oh me too! I remember thinking to myself 'If I don't see it, it never happened!’ Do you think I was in denial??? ;)

Well from her little email, it sounded liker she did. She said she didn't do much but had a wonderful time! :)

~Tracey~

August 16th, 2005, 12:48 PM
Suz!

It is not by Dufftown. I am looking at the A-Z and it is further up (a lot more further up). It’s hard to explain unless you want to know A roads and everything. ;)

And congratulations again! That is brilliant! :D I wish you all the luck in the world! :)
((((((((hugs))))))))

I am with you on the party! Drinks anyone??? :D

Oh and yay to chapter 13 even though it will be sad!

Sam and Jack forever! :D

~Tracey~

galaxy
August 16th, 2005, 12:52 PM
I guess that just proves that being real shippers everythings comes to in relationship to Sam and Jack being together forever
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v205/FilBrit1/f59fb743.jpg
pic fr myrth

I absolutely love that pic!
Everytime I see it I think: *squeeeeeeeeeeeee* :D :D
It's such a small, tender gesture...it warms my heart.

lonely_star
August 16th, 2005, 12:53 PM

yep I watched this episode when I was in the US and I really like the end because I really wasn't expecting this cliffangher...I didn't know anything about Sasha's decission to leave...but once again, like Janet, the way it was filmed and mis en scene was kinda hard...and disturbing for young viewers... but well, as you said the next season promised to be angst and a lot of terrorist hunt :) I'm looking forward the next season because this show is great and funny but I agree that I will miss her and the interaction she had with Tony :(

and to stay on topic :D how about a few looks ??

http://img228.imageshack.us/img228/8165/essai9px.jpg

http://img228.imageshack.us/img228/8858/eyes21sc.jpg

lonely_star
August 16th, 2005, 01:00 PM
and just because I can't resist... (sorry I don't want ever this thread to become only pics but I thought we might need a little concrete ship ;) )

http://img228.imageshack.us/img228/1522/smile74sa.jpg

http://img228.imageshack.us/img228/5581/smile82uv.jpg

lonely_star
August 16th, 2005, 01:04 PM
and last but not less.. (or least? :rolleyes: ) ...specially for SueKay and the good news for UNI ....a little purple jello passion ( ;) thanks Oma ;) )

http://img228.imageshack.us/img228/2522/purplepassionjello6mm.png

((((((((((((((((((((SueKay)))))))))))))))))))
(cool nice little chapter on between the threads BTW,haven't had time to review yet :( ...next chapter ;) )

galaxy
August 16th, 2005, 01:09 PM
Cool! This is this thread's 500th page!!!
Congrats to your milestone, Ship Family Thread ! LOL

sueKay
August 16th, 2005, 01:16 PM
(((((((((SHIPPER FAMILY)))))))))))))

I love you!!!!!!!!!!!!!

For those who are interested (and to keep us on topic) http://hp1.gcal.ac.uk/pls/portal30/my_gcal.VA_Programme_Description?gref=BASS

the links details my course!!!

Chapter 13 is on it's way :D:D:D

Edit - this is a different link...last one was wrong!

lonely_star
August 16th, 2005, 01:16 PM
One last thing, for those of you who remember me mentioning that I'm getting a cat, well I went to see the kittens today and fell in love with a little ginger fella who fell asleep on my lap, so I’m having a boy!! Have decided to call him JJ, I don’t doubt that you can all guess who his name sake is!

nice !!! too bad you didn't name it Zat :D :D ...but JJ is not bad either ;) just take him far away from the ladies or you'll soon have a platoon of Graces and Jakes :D :D

Uber
August 16th, 2005, 01:30 PM
and last but not less.. (or least? :rolleyes: ) ...specially for SueKay and the good news for UNI ....a little purple jello passion ( ;) thanks Oma ;) )

http://img228.imageshack.us/img228/2522/purplepassionjello6mm.png

((((((((((((((((((((SueKay)))))))))))))))))))
(cool nice little chapter on between the threads BTW,haven't had time to review yet :( ...next chapter ;) )Purple makes sense...

Jack eats red jello (Proving Ground) and Sam eats blue jello (Urgo and too many eps to name)...

And you mix red and blue and you get ... PURPLE!

:D

Hey! Finally that A+ I got in art paid off...what can I say?

:cool:

Catysg1
August 16th, 2005, 01:35 PM

I felt really sick too and kind of weird ..I was thinking about it all night ..What a shame considering I just saw today the very first episode of NCIS when Kate joined NCIS because Gibb wanted her too after she resigned from the CIA I think

Anyway Sam and Jack forever .. You never know what any TPTB has in mind ...I hope they won't do that again to any major characters ..I mean it's good for the drama and all that but for the fans of the show , it may be another ball game . it was weird today to watch an episode with Kate in it when you know what happens 4 years later

Uber
August 16th, 2005, 01:43 PM
I felt really sick too and kind of weird ..I was thinking about it all night ..What a shame considering I just saw today the very first episode of NCIS when Kate joined NCIS because Gibb wanted her too after she resigned from the CIA I think

Anyway Sam and Jack forever .. You never know what any TPTB has in mind ...I hope they won't do that again to any major characters ..I mean it's good for the drama and all that but for the fans of the show , it may be another ball game . it was weird today to watch an episode with Kate in it when you know what happens 4 years later

Caty :)I feel that way about Janet now...I see her in these back eps and my thoughts turn morbid like..."she'll be dead 2 years from this episode"...that kind of thing...

And the idea of killing off a lead sounds cool to some people. I know fans that wouldn't mind if Sam or Jack were killed. They look at it through the romantic eyes of tragic loss and so forth...

But I went down that road with Silk Stalkings. I shipped for Chris and Rita for FOREVER. Finally they got together. They got married. She got pregnant.

Two episodes later, Chris was dead.

I mean I know we're talking about a tv show, but the writers create characters for you to fall in love with and when you do and they kill off one of them, well I was thoroughly upset.

I NEVER forgave that series for what they did...

As for Stargate...I swear if Sam or Jack EVER ended up dead...and I mean Janet dead not Daniel dead...I will nuke my entire SG collection...sell off the DVDs (even the season 8's which are on their way to my house AS WE SPEAK)...and NEVER return to this or any other Stargate fansite again.

Here's to hoping TPTB aren't that stupid...

*groan*

Catysg1
August 16th, 2005, 01:47 PM
yep I watched this episode when I was in the US and I really like the end because I really wasn't expecting this cliffangher...I didn't know anything about Sasha's decission to leave...but once again, like Janet, the way it was filmed and mis en scene was kinda hard...and disturbing for young viewers... but well, as you said the next season promised to be angst and a lot of terrorist hunt :) I'm looking forward the next season because this show is great and funny but I agree that I will miss her and the interaction she had with Tony :(

Unless they do a shower scene a la Bobby Ewing in Dallas ...if .. Sasha decides to come back .!!!!! :) I don't want Kate to go ...I loved her interaction with Tony so much ...I will miss them 2 together too much ...not fair :( I mean she dreamt in the last episode that Gibb had his throat cut ..and she woke up in a panick ..I know it's true and she is dead but I wish it could just be a dream of one of them like Tony having that nightmare instead of being reality

PS: I have opened a thread in "off world" forum in "off topic chatter" to talk about the NCIS show if interested :)

Now back on topic and Sam and Jack :) At least they are alive and kicking :)

galaxy
August 16th, 2005, 02:04 PM
And the idea of killing off a lead sounds cool to some people. I know fans that wouldn't mind if Sam or Jack were killed. They look at it through the romantic eyes of tragic loss and so forth...

I kinda like this in a movie or maybe a book, when (at least for me) the story is the most important thing and such a drama gives the story more depth or significance or whatever.

But I definitely don't like the death of leading characters in a TV show, because in this case the characters are the most important element IMO, and I don't only know them for a long time, but also grew to "love" them (the way you love fictional persons :rolleyes: ) and it feels like they are old friends, if you know what I mean.

I want them to live and entertain me for the rest of my life. LOL :p

UhSir
August 16th, 2005, 02:13 PM
As for Stargate...I swear if Sam or Jack EVER ended up dead...and I mean Janet dead not Daniel dead...I will nuke my entire SG collection...sell off the DVDs (even the season 8's which are on their way to my house AS WE SPEAK)...and NEVER return to this or any other Stargate fansite again.

Okay, here's the plan: We're all gonna head over to the offices of TPTB.
Über, take point and look scary!

Billie
August 16th, 2005, 02:26 PM
http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a57/pcbillie/bs1.jpg
Hey lookie here Sam, our shippers have totted up
10,000 posts!!!
:) :) :) :)

Somnium
August 16th, 2005, 02:29 PM

Here's to hoping TPTB aren't that stupid...

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!! I dont even want to think about this its too depressing :( Quick some one, paper bag before I hyper ventilate.

Happy thoughts, happy thoughts, happy thoughts.....

Jack and Sam will live together forever, and ever and ever.

Rogue
August 16th, 2005, 02:32 PM
I kinda like this in a movie or maybe a book, when (at least for me) the story is the most important thing and such a drama gives the story more depth or significance or whatever.

But I definitely don't like the death of leading characters in a TV show, because in this case the characters are the most important element IMO, and I don't only know them for a long time, but also grew to "love" them (the way you love fictional persons :rolleyes: ) and it feels like they are old friends, if you know what I mean.

Me too. I like to believe they live happily ever after.

sueKay
August 16th, 2005, 03:11 PM
WOO HOO!!!!!!!

10 000 posts!!!!!!!!

Add that to the archive and we're at almost...

64 THOUSAND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Catysg1
August 16th, 2005, 03:29 PM
((((Uber))) ;)

I know what you mean about Janet and seeing her again in previous episodes . For me the Janet death didn't hit me too hard because she was not in all the episodes. It would have been Sam , I would have been devastated :( Well Kate was like the Sam character, a leading role in the show. She was in all the episodes with the guys and they formed a team . So just imagine if that was happening to Sam :( well For the NCIS fans , it must have been a real shocker if they were not spoiled at all like many of them I suppose !!! I may go and read what the fans had to say after the episode

Now a question !!! If it would have been Sam instead of Janet dying ..or getting shot in the head How would the fans be reacting to that ?!!!!

Uber
August 16th, 2005, 03:36 PM
Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!! I dont even want to think about this its too depressing :( Quick some one, paper bag before I hyper ventilate.

Happy thoughts, happy thoughts, happy thoughts.....

Jack and Sam will live together forever, and ever and ever.Somnium...go to your happy place...

Seriously, I don't think they'd do this to us. I have a bad feeling about another fan favorite who I think might be killed off in the next few episodes (just my thinking...based on a few odd comments here and there) but I don't think they'd kill off a main team member.

They did that with Daniel, and well, we all know how well THAT went over...

Uber
August 16th, 2005, 03:38 PM
((((Uber))) ;)

I know what you mean about Janet and seeing her again in previous episodes . For me the Janet death didn't hit me too hard because she was not in all the episodes. It would have been Sam , I would have been devastated :( Well Kate was like the Sam character, a leading role in the show. She was in all the episodes with the guys and they formed a team . So just imagine if that was happening to Sam :( well For the NCIS fans , it must have been a real shocker if they were not spoiled at all like many of them I suppose !!! I may go and read what the fans had to say after the episode

Now a question !!! If it would have been Sam instead of Janet dying ..or getting shot in the head How would the fans be reacting to that ?!!!!

Caty :)Well when I consider how I would react to your above scenario, torches and pitchforks come to mind...

galaxy
August 16th, 2005, 03:42 PM
Somnium...go to your happy place...

Seriously, I don't think they'd do this to us. I have a bad feeling about another fan favorite who I think might be killed off in the next few episodes (just my thinking...based on a few odd comments here and there) (...)

:eek: Mind to share your supicion, Über? :)

Catysg1
August 16th, 2005, 03:45 PM
Well when I consider how I would react to your above scenario, torches and pitchforks come to mind...

I know unless the actress demands that her character be killed off ...sometimes they do demand that. Would you react differently if that was the case??!!!....I mean if Amanda demands for her character to be killed off when she exits the show for good ...I need to find out if Sasha Alexander ( Kate) wanted her character to be killed off ..I heard a rumor but I'm not 100% sure ..so I'l verify just to make sure !!!!!

Cathain Nottingham
August 16th, 2005, 04:40 PM
*Coughs***coughs**** smiles and brings to Cathain's attention a post made 65 posts ago :) post 600 (http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost.php?p=4418042&postcount=9411) :p

Well you can't have that song for the end of every series! :P :D

I really need the song if that makes sense, I might use "Now I Had The Time Of My Life" but is that too cliche?

Shipperahoy
August 16th, 2005, 04:44 PM
Why did I have to read the Amanda Tapping article? Why?

*headdesk*

WHYYYY????!!!!!

I thought that I had moved on but then I read things about how "angsting over Jack" hurts her credibility and I realize that I'm a hopeless case. Sigh.

Cathain Nottingham
August 16th, 2005, 04:50 PM
Hi Caty, I have watched all of NCIS ...Navy Crime Investigation Service...
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v205/FilBrit1/sg1/PDVD_134.jpg

It's funny all of this NCIS talk is going on. I thought about doing an AU series where the team were actually OSI agents (the Air Force equivalent of NCIS)

Shipperahoy
August 16th, 2005, 04:50 PM
BTW, I feel I should clarify that I actually agree with her to an extent, because I didn't like some of the ways that Sam was portrayed in certain episodes, but reading this article makes me realize that people are completely distancing themselves from that storyline and the odds are that it's never going to be addressed again.

Uber
August 16th, 2005, 04:59 PM
:eek: Mind to share your supicion, Über? :)Well it's about Fourth Horseman...

SPECULATION for FOURTH HORSEMAN THAT POTENTIALLY CONTAINS MAJOR SPOILERS:

I read that Sam will be under inordinate amount of emotional stress in this episode. I also believe that this is an episode where we'll see General Hammond again.

My fear is that...what if General Hammond contracts the plague and succumbs to it? She loves him like a father and that certainly would put a lot of emotional strain on her...

I hope I'm wrong, of course...

Uber
August 16th, 2005, 05:03 PM
BTW, I feel I should clarify that I actually agree with her to an extent, because I didn't like some of the ways that Sam was portrayed in certain episodes, but reading this article makes me realize that people are completely distancing themselves from that storyline and the odds are that it's never going to be addressed again.Hmm. I disagree.

I think that it's not a front burner story but it is part of Carter's life. And from Amanda at the ComicCon, I gather that it's intentionally ambiguous this year but that doesn't mean it will always be...

I mean when the question was asked about Sam and Jack's future, the room erupted with CHEERS...so they know that there are a LOT of Sam/Jack shippers around. But really, what can they do this year if Jack isn't even around?

So as long as they're both alive, I still have hope for the future.

Uber
August 16th, 2005, 05:08 PM
I know unless the actress demands that her character be killed off ...sometimes they do demand that. Would you react differently if that was the case??!!!....I mean if Amanda demands for her character to be killed off when she exits the show for good ...I need to find out if Sasha Alexander ( Kate) wanted her character to be killed off ..I heard a rumor but I'm not 100% sure ..so I'l verify just to make sure !!!!!

Caty :)I honestly could not imagine Amanda EVER doing that.

She knows she has a huge fanbase. She knows how people feel about Sam (both pro and con)...and I can't imagine her doing something I personally perceive as incredibly selfish.

Naw...I'd be more prone to believe that if/when Amanda leaves the series maybe within the next few years (hopefully later rather than sooner), they'd set it up kind of like they did with ER...with Carol and Doug.

She loves the fans and is humbled by the support she receives and I just can't see her demanding to have Carter killed off knowing how badly the fans would feel...it goes against everything I think she stands for with regard to respecting the fans.

I could be wrong here...but I just don't see it happening...EVER.

jafacakes
August 16th, 2005, 05:15 PM
Aloha!

Yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wish me luck!!!!!!

:D :D :D :D Congratulations sueKay :D :D :D
Hmm, I wonder if Thor had anything to do with that vanishing waiting list ... ;)

Gatetrixer
August 16th, 2005, 05:20 PM
This is my first attempt to quote someone, so lets see how this works,

Gatetrixer

I agree 100%. As someone who mainly lurks, I really enjoy seeing other people’s opinions, and it is nice to have something of substance to read. None of my friends watch stargate, so this is really my only connection to the stargate universe. I’m shy about posting, but I love living vicariously through everyone’s posts, no matter what their opinion. It is only natural for people to disagree, and we all are entitled to our own opinions. Personally, I enjoy reading everything and would not want people to completely censor everything they say just because they might possibly offend someone who does not agree.

*ends first ever rant*

on a shippier note: I am sooooooo excited for sam to come back! :)

Welcome, and thank you for the feedback!

jafacakes
August 16th, 2005, 05:27 PM

*headdesk*

WHYYYY????!!!!!

I thought that I had moved on but then I read things about how "angsting over Jack" hurts her credibility and I realize that I'm a hopeless case. Sigh.

Article? What article? Where? Is it recent?

LOL4JACK
August 16th, 2005, 05:59 PM

I really need the song if that makes sense, I might use "Now I Had The Time Of My Life" but is that too cliche?
Cathain, I sooo don't think it would be cliche... DD is one of my all favorite movies and that song really brings all together, it is great!

Specially with S/J and what they "little dancing journey" that they started... it is taking them to an unexpected experience and definitely the Time of their Lifes :p

Cathain Nottingham
August 16th, 2005, 06:07 PM
Cathain, I sooo don't think it would be cliche... DD is one of my all favorite movies and that song really brings all together, it is great!

Specially with S/J and what they "little dancing journey" that they started... it is taking them to an unexpected experience and definitely the Time of their Lifes :p

*laughs* I love DD too! Okay so now I think I'm down between two songs, I've found another one that could work but shhhh it's a secret :D

Shipperahoy
August 16th, 2005, 06:21 PM
Article? What article? Where? Is it recent?

It's from the recent edition of The Official Stargate magazine. I believe that someone posted excerpts from the article over on the Sam's a Great Character thread.

sg-1fanintn
August 16th, 2005, 07:27 PM
Round 53 of the Fave Episodes Tournament has begun. Proving Ground was eliminated in Round 52.

Thanks to you, Divide & Conquer, the holy grail of Sam/Jack Shippiness, has dropped from to #12

Please keep voting! Catch up on the tourney (and which eps have been eliminated so far) here: http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?p=4435060#post4435060

Be careful! If you accidentally vote for an ep that has already been eliminated, none of your votes will count in that round.

Thanks!

Token
August 16th, 2005, 07:33 PM

*headdesk*

WHYYYY????!!!!!

http://bestsmileys.com/hugging/4.gif
((((((Ship Mum))))))))

It's soooo good to see you!!! :D
Even if it is to vent a little fustration! :p
Welcome back to the asylum!! :D
Which you happened to help create. :p
http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/4/4_13_10.gif (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZSzfw003)

gatebee
August 16th, 2005, 07:39 PM
Well it's about Fourth Horseman...

SPECULATION for FOURTH HORSEMAN THAT POTENTIALLY CONTAINS MAJOR SPOILERS:

I read that Sam will be under inordinate amount of emotional stress in this episode. I also believe that this is an episode where we'll see General Hammond again.

My fear is that...what if General Hammond contracts the plague and succumbs to it? She loves him like a father and that certainly would put a lot of emotional strain on her...

I hope I'm wrong, of course...

Oh Uber , I too hope that you are wrong.

pittsburghgirl
August 16th, 2005, 08:06 PM
It's from the recent edition of The Official Stargate magazine. I believe that someone posted excerpts from the article over on the Sam's a Great Character thread.
i think they are trying very hard to pretend that the whole sam/jack thing is over-done-kaput-disappeared.

jafacakes
August 16th, 2005, 08:11 PM

Thanks Shipperahoy
I found it there . This is the post if anyone is curious http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost.php?p=4434609&postcount=13680
They are defenitly playing the non-comitment card, but I just have to believe that's because they like to torture us thinking all the suspense will atract more viewers :(

trupi
August 16th, 2005, 08:22 PM
i think they are trying very hard to pretend that the whole sam/jack thing is over-done-kaput-disappeared.
Why did I read the article? :eek:
I'm going to try to go to Forbidden Planet, to see if they got Sally's new novel in stock. If they do I'll let you know (I didn't forget).

Shipperahoy
August 16th, 2005, 08:26 PM

EXACTLY!!! That's what I was thinking. I'm glad that it's not just me, I was fearing that I had developed a seriously overactive case of paranoia. It's not just the AT article, it's the duck and cover attitude that anybody from the show seems to take whenever the question of Sam/Jack comes up. That and the evasive non-answers.

nell
August 16th, 2005, 08:28 PM
Greetings, um, where is everybody? I just voted for my 10 favorite SG-1 episodes for SciFi's September marathon. The shippiest, of course!! While on the SciFi website I checked out the Season 9 episode descriptions and the characters page. Saw some interesting stuff. For example, I didn't know that RDA is now married. I didn't know that Jack in Season 9 is a Brigadier General in Avalon 1 and promoted to Major General by Origins. Now I wish I knew the whole backstory!! ;)

trupi
August 16th, 2005, 08:31 PM
Greetings, um, where is everybody? I just voted for my 10 favorite SG-1 episodes for SciFi's September marathon. The shippiest, of course!! While on the SciFi website I checked out the Season 9 episode descriptions and the characters page. Saw some interesting stuff. For example, I didn't know that RDA is now married. I didn't know that Jack in Season 9 is a Brigadier General in Avalon 1 and promoted to Major General by Origins. Now I wish I knew the whole backstory!! ;)
Who's he married to? I thought he was no longer with his daugher's mother. Is it someone new?

nell
August 16th, 2005, 08:34 PM
Why did I read the article? :eek:
I'm going to try to go to Forbidden Planet, to see if they got Sally's new novel in stock. If they do I'll let you know (I didn't forget).

My copy of Sally Reeve's, A Matter of Honor, arrived today from England!!! I think I"m going to save it for my October vacation reading! ;)

nell
August 16th, 2005, 08:36 PM
Who's he married to? I thought he was no longer with his daugher's mother. Is it someone new?

Apryl, his daughter's mother!!! That's what it says!!!

trupi
August 16th, 2005, 08:43 PM
Apryl, his daughter's mother!!! That's what it says!!!
I'm 95% sure about this but he never married her and now are fully apart. (accept in things that deal with his daughter) Guys if I wrong, direct me towards the light! :p

nell
August 16th, 2005, 08:53 PM
I'm 95% sure about this but he never married her and now are fully apart. (accept in things that deal with his daughter) Guys if I wrong, direct me towards the light! :p

Check out the SciFi website under characters. There is a description of each major character and then a summary of the actor's career. Under General O'Neill/RDA it says his wife, Apryl.......

ann_sgcfan
August 16th, 2005, 08:53 PM
I know I only post here a few times, but I am a huge shipper!! I was drawn to the show by RDA (he keeps getting better looking with age), then this incredible team chemistry between all four main characters kept me tuned in, then I thought how amazing it was to have a strong female lead (truly rare), and then my first glimpse of a possible Jack and Sam relationship had me hooked! :D

Now that you know where I am coming from I have a few comments about the article with AT and I am probably in the minority here. (I read the interview for the 1st time tonight) :o I enjoyed the article and I look forward to the entire article next issue. She said she enjoyed the Sam and Jack angst at times and at other times it was a pain. Isn’t that true to real life … Isn’t there a point where you finally say okay is there or isn’t there a future here. Eight years is a long time and can tend to become negative when viewed by some. Now wait here me out :o … She said the angst was a pain to play. She didn’t say the love interest was a pain. The following are spoilers for Season 8 Sam went as far as going to Jack’s house to tell him how she felt. After that a very sad trip to the infirmary that still breaks my heart. Sam did break up with Pete (finally). Jack and Sam then went fishing! Moebius: We were also given yet another universe where Jack and Sam are together!

In my mind the resolution is clear Jack and Sam are together (everything I have seen points to that), now because RDA isn’t a regular on the show they may not have scenes together, but phone calls are okay with me for now! I agree with Uber I think we will see a scene with Jack and Sam together in this reality where they are both conscious and will remember everything at some point while Stargate SG-1 is on the air or maybe movie theaters!! I'm okay with Sam being Soldier Sam or Scientist Sam and her personal life taking a back seat for a season. I still think TPTB need to address her fathers death and apparently loosing command of SG-1 (although I hope it's a joint command) However, I don't think TPTB will address those issues either this season, so again I will wait. I have faith that Sam/Jack are together now and will be together in the end!

Okay now I will quietly go back to reading. :o

Lynn
August 16th, 2005, 09:16 PM
Nell,

I ordered my copy of this and her other novel last week but they are on back order until after Labor Day so I won't have them in tiome for my vacation :-(

However, I posted a new story on ff.net today called Instant Message staring our favorite characters Jack and Sam. It's called Instant Message and I'd love some feedback as always (I'm trying to write something with a little less angst right now!)

Lynn
August 16th, 2005, 09:17 PM
Sorry - forgot the link - here it is :

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2537204/1/

ST-1
August 16th, 2005, 09:21 PM

Definitely too cliche. ;) I've got a better one for you (I tried to reply earlier but Gateworld ate my post :rolleyes: )...

Eric Clapton's "Wonderful Tonight." Slow, sexy, and perfect for S&J. :o
:D Lyrics (http://www.eric-clapton.co.uk/ecla/lyrics/wonderful-tonight.html) :D

Lynn
August 16th, 2005, 09:21 PM
EXACTLY!!! That's what I was thinking. I'm glad that it's not just me, I was fearing that I had developed a seriously overactive case of paranoia. It's not just the AT article, it's the duck and cover attitude that anybody from the show seems to take whenever the question of Sam/Jack comes up. That and the evasive non-answers.
I was at the NJ con a week or so ago and what struck me as strange was that basically no-one, actors or fans, brought up the Jam/Sam ship (not so suprising) but they didn't really bring up Jack or his backstory either.

It felt very strange as if we were at a family function where your Mom had warned you not to bring up the affair your Uncle is having and the alcoholic tendencies of your cousin!

Billie
August 16th, 2005, 10:03 PM
In my mind the resolution is clear Jack and Sam are together (everything I have seen points to that), now because RDA isn’t a regular on the show they may not have scenes together, but phone calls are okay with me for now! I agree with Uber I think we will see a scene with Jack and Sam together in this reality where they are both conscious and will remember everything at some point while Stargate SG-1 is on the air or maybe movie theaters!! I'm okay with Sam being Soldier Sam or Scientist Sam and her personal life taking a back seat for a season. I have faith that Sam/Jack are together now and will be together in the end!

I agree ann_sgcfan! I was laying in bed last night trying desperately to get to sleep but having no luck (always happens when I've got to be up at the crack of dawn!) and I had the same thinking - Jack and Sam have to be together, there's no question. I mean, after all the angst they've been through and failed relationships and then threads, they are destined.
I too can cope with a shipless season as I will happily let my imagination (and plenty of ship fic) fill in the blanks for now coz one day our ship will come sailing in and then it's party time people!! :p

ps. great con photo guys, wow CJ and MS huh, blimey!!

majorsal
August 16th, 2005, 10:15 PM

what do you mean rda is married!?!

:mad:

*he was supposed to wait for ME!*

*forget i said that*

*did you forget?*

sally :p

Uber
August 16th, 2005, 10:23 PM
Greetings, um, where is everybody? I just voted for my 10 favorite SG-1 episodes for SciFi's September marathon. The shippiest, of course!! While on the SciFi website I checked out the Season 9 episode descriptions and the characters page. Saw some interesting stuff. For example, I didn't know that RDA is now married. I didn't know that Jack in Season 9 is a Brigadier General in Avalon 1 and promoted to Major General by Origins. Now I wish I knew the whole backstory!! ;)Better hope Majorsal doesn't find out about th--...wait, nevermind.

Sorry sal...

(((((((((((majorsal)))))))))))

Although it's a bit odd that it's not mentioned on his website...

Hmm...

majorsal
August 16th, 2005, 10:34 PM
I know I only post here a few times, but I am a huge shipper!! I was drawn to the show by RDA (he keeps getting better looking with age), then this incredible team chemistry between all four main characters kept me tuned in, then I thought how amazing it was to have a strong female lead (truly rare), and then my first glimpse of a possible Jack and Sam relationship had me hooked! :D

Now that you know where I am coming from I have a few comments about the article with AT and I am probably in the minority here. :o I enjoyed the article and I look forward to the entire article next issue. She said she enjoyed the Sam and Jack angst at times and at other times it was a pain. Isn’t that true to real life … Isn’t there a point where you finally say okay is there or isn’t there a future here. Eight years is a long time and can tend to become negative when viewed by some. Now wait here me out :o … She said the angst was a pain to play. She didn’t say the love interest was a pain. The following are spoilers for Season 8 Sam went as far as going to Jack’s house to tell him how she felt. After that a very sad trip to the infirmary that still breaks my heart. Sam did break up with Pete (finally). Jack and Sam then went fishing! Moebius: We were also given yet another universe where Jack and Sam are together!

In my mind the resolution is clear Jack and Sam are together (everything I have seen points to that), now because RDA isn’t a regular on the show they may not have scenes together, but phone calls are okay with me for now! I agree with Uber I think we will see a scene with Jack and Sam together in this reality where they are both conscious and will remember everything at some point while Stargate SG-1 is on the air or maybe movie theaters!! I'm okay with Sam being Soldier Sam or Scientist Sam and her personal life taking a back seat for a season. I still think TPTB need to address her fathers death and apparently loosing command of SG-1 (although I hope it's a joint command) However, I don't think TPTB will address those issues either this season, so again I will wait. I have faith that Sam/Jack are together now and will be together in the end!

i feel the same, ann. amanda said the jack angst was what was bothering her, not the sam/jack relationship. the writers could have done a *much* better job with things, and i'm sure all of us could agree with that.

i know we're all so battle-scarred that we have knee-jerk reactions to anything we read about s/j ship, but this interview wasn't bad. we've already been told the ship would take a back burner for a while, but amanda said it would be revisted at another time. there's still hope! ;)

i'd also like to comment on the bashing issue. (anyone that knows me) i'm 100 percent for ppl being able to express themselves honestly, whether it be good or bad views, but what i don't care for is when we (negatively) go from the characters to the actors. and trupi, whether you meant it or not, your initial angry-at-amanda post made me wince. just like when i read the anti sam/ship/amanda ppl. i'm sure that's not how you wanted it to come off.

sally :)

Shipperahoy
August 16th, 2005, 10:42 PM
I was at the NJ con a week or so ago and what struck me as strange was that basically no-one, actors or fans, brought up the Jam/Sam ship (not so suprising) but they didn't really bring up Jack or his backstory either.

It felt very strange as if we were at a family function where your Mom had warned you not to bring up the affair your Uncle is having and the alcoholic tendencies of your cousin!

Nobody brought up Sam and Jack at the Vancouver Creation Con either but I figure that people don't bring it up because Amanda is not there. I really doubt that Chris or Michael have much, if anything, to say about Sam/Jack ship. It will be interesting if/when Amanda goes back on the convention circuit to see if people will start asking ship questions again.

majorsal
August 16th, 2005, 11:02 PM
Nobody brought up Sam and Jack at the Vancouver Creation Con either but I figure that people don't bring it up because Amanda is not there. I really doubt that Chris or Michael have much, if anything, to say about Sam/Jack ship. It will be interesting if/when Amanda goes back on the convention circuit to see if people will start asking ship questions again.

yeah, why ask cj or ms? and amanda's been at one con since after her daughter was born (that's still weird to say :p), and she *was* asked a ship question. and i LOVED her answer! :D i really don't think amanda's going to give away much, though, but i'd still ask her so she'd know how much we love it. ;)

sally :D

trupi
August 16th, 2005, 11:13 PM
i feel the same, ann. amanda said the jack angst was what was bothering her, not the sam/jack relationship. the writers could have done a *much* better job with things, and i'm sure all of us could agree with that.

i know we're all so battle-scarred that we have knee-jerk reactions to anything we read about s/j ship, but this interview wasn't bad. we've already been told the ship would take a back burner for a while, but amanda said it would be revisted at another time. there's still hope! ;)

i'd also like to comment on the bashing issue. (anyone that knows me) i'm 100 percent for ppl being able to express themselves honestly, whether it be good or bad views, but what i don't care for is when we (negatively) go from the characters to the actors. and trupi, whether you meant it or not, your initial angry-at-amanda post made me wince. just like when i read the anti sam/ship/amanda ppl. i'm sure that's not how you wanted it to come off.

sally :)
Why are we still discussing this! I have not said anything to you about the post to me nor did I start the discussion about the article in the first place. I was answering newbiee question and answered it in my opinion. Now I not bashing AT (for the 3rd time saying it)but she does say things, in my opinion that can be misinterpreted by her loyal fans. She has enough groups attacking her. I got upset because she goes two steps ahead and then four steps back when she makes a comment like that. She should be careful what she says in the fanzines,DVD commentaries and low-downs. I don't hate her or wish her harm so can we get off this now. I'm not the only person who posted what you think is anti-AT. Why don't you mention their names in your post. I'm not going away and I'm not going to back away for posting my opinion. So can we please get off this stupid article and move on to more shippy subjects! (end of rant)

majorsal
August 16th, 2005, 11:31 PM
Why are we still discussing this! I have not said anything to you about the post to me nor did I start the discussion about the article in the first place. I was answering newbiee question and answered it in my opinion. Now I not bashing AT (for the 3rd time saying it)but she does say things, in my opinion that can be misinterpreted by her loyal fans. She has enough groups attacking her. I got upset because she goes two steps ahead and then four steps back when she makes a comment like that. She should be careful what she says in the fanzines,DVD commentaries and low-downs. I don't hate her or wish her harm so can we get off this now. I'm not the only person who posted what you think is anti-AT. Why don't you mention their names in your post. I'm not going away and I'm not going to back away for posting my opinion. So can we please get off this stupid article and move on to more shippy subjects! (end of rant)

you're entire attitude is harsh. the only reason i brought it up (again) is that others kept talking about it. i am a HUGE sam/amanda fan, so when i read someone's post that makes me wince, something's wrong. you don't think you were over the top with it, but i did. maybe the next time amanda says something you don't like, you won't reply with guns blazing *for* someone that's a fan of this actress.

if you want to discuss this anymore, trupi, write me offlist. now, i'll go back to lurking here, like i've been doing for some time.

sally :(

Alex_O'neill
August 17th, 2005, 12:45 AM

Yeah i'm totally agree with you Jack and Sam will be together a the end ! I crossed my fingers for that ! Jack/Sam for the life :D
I am new on the forum and i didn't understant englisgh perfectly but i don't know what is TPTB ? Somebody can help me :D :o ?

gatebee
August 17th, 2005, 12:54 AM
I don't think RDA is married. As far as I know he has never been married. He is the eternal bachelor. I think that is a misprint. Jack is waiting for Sam , then they will get married.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v205/FilBrit1/sg1/df121713.jpg

gate_girl12
August 17th, 2005, 12:59 AM
Hi everyone,

Watched the extended version of threads last night... wish they could've extended the shippy scenes rather than the scenes with Kerry and Pete. And that scene with Jack waking up with Kerry was just wrong. Oh SOOOO wrong [\SPOILERS]. I also watched Affinity with my shipper glasses on and I must say when you press the rewind button... it's totally ship-worthy stuff. [SPOILERS]In my mind Jack was handing Sam the ringbox instead of the other way around... and he was putting the box down on the stack of papers so he could sweep her off her feet :)

I also loved the starting of the extended threads, as it showed "previously on Stargate sg-1" and wouldn't you know it...right at the start complete shippy scenes... I loved it!!!

Sam and Jack forever!!!!

irishchick
August 17th, 2005, 03:18 AM
hey there this is my first post so wanna say hi to everyone . im a hugh hugh shipper sam & jack obviously !!! wish we could just see them get together and live happily ever after but i dont think tptb will give us that

Hulabaloo
August 17th, 2005, 03:28 AM
Welcome to the Thread!

trupi
August 17th, 2005, 06:12 AM
I don't think RDA is married. As far as I know he has never been married. He is the eternal bachelor. I think that is a misprint. Jack is waiting for Sam , then they will get married.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v205/FilBrit1/sg1/df121713.jpg
Thanks Gatebee that is what I thought!

trupi
August 17th, 2005, 06:13 AM
hey there this is my first post so wanna say hi to everyone . im a hugh hugh shipper sam & jack obviously !!! wish we could just see them get together and live happily ever after but i dont think tptb will give us that
Welcome Irishchick! Post often! :D

Alex_O'neill
August 17th, 2005, 08:01 AM
Welcome Irishchick! Post often! :D

Welcome in the shippers family :D

Catysg1
August 17th, 2005, 08:31 AM
Check out the SciFi website under characters. There is a description of each major character and then a summary of the actor's career. Under General O'Neill/RDA it says his wife, Apryl.......

Well may be he is back with her ..why not ???!! she seems nice and may be she is the one who ended up the relationship not him to start with ..Maybe he always wanted her and by stopping work he proved it to her to be with Dauhgter and wife ..That would be lovely if it were true

Catysg1
August 17th, 2005, 08:38 AM
ComTraya

Could you please send me an -email ?. You 'll find it at the botton of my video page .
The private message reply does not seem to work right now . Once I have the e-mail , I will forward you the infos :)

nell
August 17th, 2005, 09:38 AM
Well may be he is back with her ..why not ???!! she seems nice and may be she is the one who ended up the relationship not him to start with ..Maybe he always wanted her and by stopping work he proved it to her to be with Dauhgter and wife ..That would be lovely if it were true

I never knew much about RDA's private life but I did not know the status of their relationship until I read the info last night. If it is accurate, I hope they are happy.

Now OT, I am trying to be spoiler-lite as you may know and I was hearing/reading the buzz last night regarding the possibility of Sam and Jack Ship in Season 9. The buzz sounded negative. Why am I not surprised??
How do I cope? I am a former soap opera addict (I stopped years and years ago) and no, I don't remember watching RDA back then. Anyway, if you've been a soap addict you learn to accept the ANGST of soap romance otherwise you won't survive what those shows put you through. And, not to sound sexist but I recall my generation and group of girlfriends started watching soaps at an early age! With those years of "training" I consider myself a veteran when it comes to these angst/romance stories. I still hate it and I get annoyed and angry with the writers but I still watch. And, I still watch Stargate SG-1 because they feed me just enough. Plus, I really am trying to like the new show because I am, after all, a scifi lover.

Oh, I want to see NCIS because of Mark Harmon but I've forgotten to tune in the past several weeks. Last night I saw the buzz about the season finale. Thanks Caty and others for the spoiler tags cause I don't want to know details. I like surprise!

sg-1fanintn
August 17th, 2005, 10:47 AM

(* sg-1fanintn peers out from the desk that has been her prison for the past two frallin' weeks to see if she can sneak away to visit the Sam/Jack Ship Family at lunch *----and the coast looks clear! *)

That bio has said that for a long time (although other parts of it have been updated recently). Perhaps SciFi preferred to say "married." Or, maybe it's a long-standing error. I checked www.rdanderson.com after I read your post just to make sure. I think if he and Apryl had gotten back together and married, it would be there, and it isn't. Does anyone else know anything? And Great Lords of Cobol, if it is true, don't tell Sally!!!!!!

Now, on to that AT article that is causing so much angst. I have my own little happy spin on that. I think that the reason Sam's character won't have to suffer any more angst is that the UST has become RST! Her relationship with Jack has become real, so there's no longer any need to worry about it! And, with her personal life under control, she can concentrate on work. See? It all makes perfect sense.

Put that theory with some of the other things we've heard recently:

1. AT's remarks at Comic Con that "they'll share a few phone calls, and we'll see what happens next."

2. That Amanda has never steered fans wrong.

3. The rumor we heard that the Sam/Jack relationship would be confirmed in the 10th episode (which I believe is part one of The Fourth Horseman).

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it---for now! (* If proven wrong, I'll just cry *)

What do you think?

sueKay
August 17th, 2005, 11:09 AM
Hello!!!

Well...I've dotted the 'i's and crossed the 't's for Uni!!! Yay!!!

Regarding the AT interview...

if you like it...

TELL PEOPLE CONSTRUCTIVELY AND CLEARLY WHY YOU LIKE IT.

If you're not sure...

READ ABOUT BOTH THE PROS AND CONS AND PICK THE ONE WHICH SUITS YOU!

And...

If you don't like it...

DON'T LAUNCH ATTACKS ON THE ACTORS OR OTHER THREAD USERS...

Alternatively...

stick your fingers in your ears, sing LA LA LA LA LA LA...

...and come back tomorrow.

[/parental penguin mode]

sueKay
August 17th, 2005, 11:16 AM
My personal view on the AT article...

I agree with AT to an extent, and I can certainly see her point of view...

think about this...

I think AT's not against the ship, but against part of the way it's written...and there are moments where Sam has looked like an indecisive love-struck fool stuck between two men...NOT a good thing.

But on the other hand...If the writers had done a decent job with the storyline...Sam would have NEVER have gotten involved with Pete and would have at least told Jack how she felt a long time ago...None of this type of negativity would exist about her character.

Affinity in particular was horrendous for Sam...It showed he ras being confused and weak, even though she was in a position that I'm sure other air force officers have been in...Because of this, people focus on her faults, and a lot of the episodes emphaasising these faults have been ones that have focused on Ship...I feel that AT has put two and two together and thinks that it is now best to focus on the professional military side of Sam.

Just MHO

michelleb
August 17th, 2005, 11:17 AM

Well, to be honest, I don't normally mind when characters die at the end of a series, or die at all, because I think it's dark and dramatic and angsty and I love that. I loved the end of Blake's 7, it was perfect for the series, and I loved the ending for Forever Knight, again cos i thought it was right and I even like the episode of Andromeda where everyone died (wish Doyla had...). And when I write my original stuff, I'm always killing people off.

HOWEVER

Having said all that..I can't bear the thought of anyone dying in Stargate..not the regulars. I was deeply upset when Janet died (bring her back! I like Dr Lam...but there's always room for Janet). And I can't bear the thought that Sam and Jack might not end up together. They've both been through so much pain and death and loss in their lives, and had so little chance of happiness with each other, it would be too wrong to rob them of the years together they deserve. I love angst, but Sam/Jack dying, and them not being together is too much angst, even for me

michelleb
August 17th, 2005, 11:32 AM
That's my story, and I'm sticking to it---for now! (* If proven wrong, I'll just cry *)

What do you think?

I think you're absoloutely right, and I look forward to the deep and happy resumption and resoluatoin of our ship.

As for the perception of Sam as weak if involved in ship (not in reference to AT's article but in reference to the general perception of non-shippers)..I think it shows her in a worse light to have her accepting a proposal (wearing a girly pink suit!) from a man who see her as some sort of space-bimbo superhero than to have her loving a man who knows and loves and accepts her for who she is..Sam Carter, genius and soldier, not Samantha, ditzy, pink wearing girly girl.

But at least she came to her senses and dumped Pete. Now she just has to realise who she's really meant to be with.

UhSir
August 17th, 2005, 11:35 AM
What do you think?

Thinkin' is what I've been doing a lot of, and I'm about to lose it, go crazy, nuts, insane, bonzo, WACKO!

So couple what AT said with the scene in Avalon where Jack is talking to Landry and says “I had to sign the papers to my house, and my car…motorcycle…” Not “my motorcycle” just “motorcycle.” Oh yeah, I’ve been doing a whole lot of thinking about that.

I hate to set my expectations too high, because I always set them way higher than I should, but here’s what I expect one of those phone calls to be:

SAM: All settled?
JACK: Pretty much.
SAM: Was there room in the garage for my motorcycle?
JACK: Yep.It’s covered up and locked down, safe as a bug in a rug.
SAM: Uh, Jack…
JACK: Sam, I would never dare ride your bike.

Waaaayyyy too much thinking about this.

Expect? No, I better make that dream. I’m one of those glass-is-half-empty shippers.

Zoser
August 17th, 2005, 11:37 AM
snipped

Janet and Jacob S7, S8 spoilers I'm not happy that Janet and Jacob were killed. The characters were just as much a part of Stargate as SG-1. Jacob was my third favorite character after Sam and Jack. I will mourn his loss, and I hope we see Sam continue to deal with that loss as well. Of course, I'm not holding my breath. :rolleyes:

I love Jacob and Janet, too. They and Cassie will probably be ignored as if they never existed. Just like there is no decent explanation for Jack's absence. At least in Season 6 they grieved Daniel's passing (each in their own way) and it took them a while to fill that hole in their team and in their lives.

michelleb
August 17th, 2005, 12:12 PM
I adored Janet, she was my favourite character, and I was heartbroken when she died (and i think i made teryl cry when i told her that...). And i think grief over Janet's death made Sam behave the way she did in season eight i think she encouraged pete, and accepted the ring and tried to live a 'normal' life becasue she just couldn't cope with a life where her best friend died...and of course janet wasn't there to tell her what an idiot she was being. and her grief..which i don't think she ever dealt with...stopped her thinking straight. it was only when jacob was dying and he told her to ignore the rules and go for wahever made her happy that she realised that happiness was not in what she was meant to do, or what she thought was best..happiness for her meant getting rid of pete, and accepting she wasn't meant for the 'normal' life, and allowing jack to get close to her

well, now i'm knackered, and shall go to watch telly. hope all that made sense

Zoser
August 17th, 2005, 12:15 PM
(* sg-1fanintn peers out from the desk that has been her prison for the past two frallin' weeks to see if she can sneak away to visit the Sam/Jack Ship Family at lunch *----and the coast looks clear! *)

That bio has said that for a long time (although other parts of it have been updated recently). Perhaps SciFi preferred to say "married." Or, maybe it's a long-standing error. I checked www.rdanderson.com after I read your post just to make sure. I think if he and Apryl had gotten back together and married, it would be there, and it isn't. Does anyone else know anything? And Great Lords of Cobol, if it is true, don't tell Sally!!!!!!

Now, on to that AT article that is causing so much angst. I have my own little happy spin on that. I think that the reason Sam's character won't have to suffer any more angst is that the UST has become RST! Her relationship with Jack has become real, so there's no longer any need to worry about it! And, with her personal life under control, she can concentrate on work. See? It all makes perfect sense.

Put that theory with some of the other things we've heard recently:

1. AT's remarks at Comic Con that "they'll share a few phone calls, and we'll see what happens next."

2. That Amanda has never steered fans wrong.

3. The rumor we heard that the Sam/Jack relationship would be confirmed in the 10th episode (which I believe is part one of The Fourth Horseman).

What do you think?

I'm hoping that you are right but will keep a hanky ready if you're not. We will just keep praying to the Lords of Cobol - where did I put my idols down?

sueKay
August 17th, 2005, 12:23 PM
lords of Cobol?????

What is that??

For me...the thing annoying me about the ship at present is the ambiguouity. I'd rather they told us straight...even if it wasn't what we wanted to hear.

pittsburghgirl
August 17th, 2005, 12:36 PM
suekay-lords of cobol-battlestar galactica. they are the dieties that are worshipped by the ragtag band of humanity escaping the evil cylon empire.

sueKay
August 17th, 2005, 12:49 PM
Thankies!

Don't like BSG...hence the confusion!

SG1Poz
August 17th, 2005, 01:05 PM
Sorry - forgot the link - here it is :

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2537204/1/

I playing catch up so I haven't read any thing beyond this but YES! please continue. You could have a lot of fun with this one. Romance is good...lots and lots of romance!

Poz

sueKay
August 17th, 2005, 01:11 PM
WELCOME BACK SG1 POZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

((((((((((((((Big Hug))))))))))))))))))

UhSir
August 17th, 2005, 01:32 PM
For me...the thing annoying me about the ship at present is the ambiguity. I'd rather they told us straight...even if it wasn't what we wanted to hear.

I’m with you, sueKay, but if they took away the ambiguity then it would not be ship! Most of the excitement is because I get to see something that’s a secret; something that the other characters on the show don’t know about. Anticipating and deciphering the ship is sort of like reading Spoilers! Sometimes I get happy, sometimes I get sad, but the mystery of it all keeps me wanting more.

I get upset by the constant denial of ship in interviews and such but then they wag it in our faces on-screen. And what they are wagging lately is not even close to ship.

And that upsets me even more because they promise ship then they hand us a dish of crap like in Season 8, Affinity
JACK: Carter, there are people on this base who have families.
SAM: What about you? If things had been different…
JACK: I wouldn't be here.
[fade out]

They took some really good, angsty S/J ship and then slapped us hard with those three stupid lines. They might as well have had Jack say, “If I still had my family I wouldn’t have joined the Stargate project, I never would have met you, we wouldn’t be having this silly shippy thing going on and you would be marrying the dweeb.”

Unfortunately, they have turned the story around so many times and for so long that they can’t find their way back to it.

sueKay
August 17th, 2005, 01:45 PM
UhSir - dontcha think Sam and Jack would have fine additions to the crew of the starship Voyager...they're both lost and are going in circles!

SG1Poz
August 17th, 2005, 01:59 PM
Hi Sue , I've been around but lurking mostly.

Where would I find this AT article I see some posting about?

Poz

UhSir
August 17th, 2005, 02:05 PM
I never watched Voyager. I was a big fan of the original Star Trek and saw a few shows of TNG, but never Voyager or Enterprise. So they ended Voyager like they did with the original? Just left it "out there?"

I guess when the money walks, the fans don't matter.

sueKay
August 17th, 2005, 02:06 PM
sueKay presents...

In Between the Threads - Chapter 13 - In Between the Dark and the Light (http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2257773/13/)

We always knew I'd get there eventually!
Get your tissues at the ready!

As always...reviews are MORE THAN WELCOME :D

sueKay
August 17th, 2005, 02:10 PM
Poz - go to the Sam Thread - it's just a few pages pages back, but if you PM NearlyCircular...I think that was who posted it!

UhSir (Just where did you get your name :D) Voyager got home in the last and frankly most horrible episode ever - Endgame - dubbed Endshame by the Trek Fandom.

I was in the first group in Europe to see it at a convention a fortnight after it aired in the US. It was met by a few claps and a lot of people saying "What the f***?"

UhSir
August 17th, 2005, 02:23 PM
UhSir (Just where did you get your name :D)

I did post how about 10 pages and, wow, 180+ messages ago:
http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost.php?p=4431439&postcount=9899

It wouldn’t bother me at all if my name were to become obsolete. I won’t mind if Sam never says “Uh, sir” ever again, just as long as she’s saying “Uh, Jack” instead.

sueKay
August 17th, 2005, 02:58 PM
I thought that's where you'd got your name from!

Spooky...maybe I'm pyschic...we have had them in the family in the past!

Somnium
August 17th, 2005, 03:48 PM
Hey there Ship family :D

Just spent the evening sorting out outfits for the weding am going to at the weekend. What a palava! I hate dressing up, but finaly found something thanks to my fab mumsie :D

Any hoooo just been catching up on all the ship goodness! The AT interview is all relative! Read into it what you will but I see it as positive coments, but maybe thats my rose tinted glasses again! Each to their own I say, and I take back my negative comments about character bashing. Everyone is entitled to their opinion and I was wrong to say people should keep their thoughts to their selves, I have realised it adds to the banter in this thread making it a more interesting place. So banter away ;)

With regards to the lack of ship in season 9, while it would be fab to see it, as long as its not killed off all together Im not gonna stop watching it. SG1 is a great prog in its self and the S/J ship just makes it better. I can make do with hints of ship and some fic in the mean time :D

So Sam and Jack always ;)

UhSir
August 17th, 2005, 04:06 PM
I thought that's where you'd got your name from!

Spooky...maybe I'm pyschic...we have had them in the family in the past!

Which? Spookies or psychics? :D
Prepare to enter the Twilight Zone…
I can believe psychic. My mother and I seem to know what each other is thinking quite often. We live 400 miles apart!

sg-1fanintn
August 17th, 2005, 04:12 PM
I can't bear the thought of anyone dying in Stargate..not the regulars. And I can't bear the thought that Sam and Jack might not end up together. They've both been through so much pain and death and loss in their lives, and had so little chance of happiness with each other, it would be too wrong to rob them of the years together they deserve. I love angst, but Sam/Jack dying, and them not being together is too much angst, even for me

Me too!

As for the perception of Sam as weak if involved in ship (not in reference to AT's article but in reference to the general perception of non-shippers)..I think it shows her in a worse light to have her accepting a proposal (wearing a girly pink suit!) from a man who see her as some sort of space-bimbo superhero than to have her loving a man who knows and loves and accepts her for who she is..Sam Carter, genius and soldier, not Samantha, ditzy, pink wearing girly girl.

But at least she came to her senses and dumped Pete. Now she just has to realise who she's really meant to be with.
Oh, I think she has. She looked very contented sitting on the dock with Jack at his cabin!

Thinkin' is what I've been doing a lot of, and I'm about to lose it, go crazy, nuts, insane, bonzo, WACKO!

So couple what AT said with the scene in Avalon where Jack is talking to Landry and says “I had to sign the papers to my house, and my car…motorcycle…” Not “my motorcycle” just “motorcycle.” Oh yeah, I’ve been doing a whole lot of thinking about that.

I hate to set my expectations too high, because I always set them way higher than I should, but here’s what I expect one of those phone calls to be:

SAM: All settled?
JACK: Pretty much.
SAM: Was there room in the garage for my motorcycle?
JACK: Yep.It’s covered up and locked down, safe as a bug in a rug.
SAM: Uh, Jack…
JACK: Sam, I would never dare ride your bike.

Waaaayyyy too much thinking about this.
Love this post.....and your proposed scene for our pair. But you don't have to confess to being crazy to be here. We knew that when you arrived! It takes one to spot one, you know!!!!!

Yes---me too! Waaaayyyy too much thinking about this.

sueKay
August 17th, 2005, 04:25 PM
UhSir - well...my mum and I live under the same roof, but I get what you mean!!!! Freaky!!!!!

Cathain Nottingham
August 17th, 2005, 04:27 PM
Definitely too cliche. ;) I've got a better one for you (I tried to reply earlier but Gateworld ate my post :rolleyes: )...

Eric Clapton's "Wonderful Tonight." Slow, sexy, and perfect for S&J. :o
:D Lyrics (http://www.eric-clapton.co.uk/ecla/lyrics/wonderful-tonight.html) :D

Thank you so much! I'm going to go and get the song now - I've never heard the song before (that I've known of) so I get excited with completely new songs.

SG1Poz
August 17th, 2005, 04:52 PM
Thanks SueKay :)

I found it, read it and am torn both poss and neg by what she said.

AT didn't mention if Sam and Jack are 'presently' together or if this would be revealed sooner or later. She mentioned zip, notta, nothing, no hint of a RST between the two characters. She had every opportunity to throw us a bone.

She gave the reason why she left and it wasn't for Jack :( . Plus the fact, maybe not in these exact words, that playing the angst between Sam and Jack was fun but got to be a bit too much.
That's not her fault, it's the writers. They could have wrote RST seasons ago but dragged it out which earned high ratings but also stressed the shippers, angered the non shippers and bored the actors.

I'm still holding a little hope that TPTB will surprise us with an acknowledgement of RST. They did with the surprise conversation between Cam and Sam . I know I didn't expect to see her.

On the positive side, I can't wait until we see soldier Sam back in action again. I'm glad that the technobabble will be tuned down. It wouldn't be the same anyway without Jack there showing his confused look :( .

Poz

ps: to all those who remember. It's been a year..today :( :(

sueKay
August 17th, 2005, 04:57 PM
(((((Poz))))))

Are you okay? If you need to talk, drop me a PM...I might not answer right away as I'm about to head to bed, but feel free to PM me.

ComTraya
August 17th, 2005, 05:19 PM
Thanks Caty for your videos

I like them a lot!

sueKay
August 17th, 2005, 05:47 PM
I've just thought of something I don't think's ever been done on this thread!

...at least I don't think so...

We've not actually all told each other how we became S/J shippers!

Me?

I caught 'Scorched Earth' on TV and immediately, stongly disliked the tensio off of Sam and Jack...I immediately though 'oh not *another* angsty couple...groan' and subsequently never tuned back in...

until a friend forced me to watch Divide and Conquer (which I actually yawned through) but saw potential in...I borrowed a few DVDs off of her...then I saw Window of Opportunity and the rest is history!!!

Who's next?

Cathain Nottingham
August 17th, 2005, 06:49 PM
I didn't get to watch SG-1 because I didn't have Showtime but I did make my dad tape "Meridian" (I had a crush on MS at the time) and watched from the beginning of season 6 and I just saw S/J looks! I got into fan fiction and became a major fan and bought the DVDs...I guess you can say all of you began it for me! Then I began writing myself.

Buc252
August 17th, 2005, 06:56 PM
2. That Amanda has never steered fans wrong.[/COLOR]
What do you think?

Ummm . . . It was Amanda who pushed for the Pete storyline, and in my book, that's about as wrong as you can get for the fans of the ship. So I disagree with this statement: she knew what we shippers wanted and intentionally pushed for the exact opposite.

I know, I know - some liked or didn't mind the storyline, but I did. So this is just MO. Not bashing the woman - just the act.

Buc252
August 17th, 2005, 07:04 PM
I never watched Voyager. I was a big fan of the original Star Trek and saw a few shows of TNG, but never Voyager or Enterprise. So they ended Voyager like they did with the original? Just left it "out there?"

I guess when the money walks, the fans don't matter.

No, Voyager ended very nicely. Janeway finally got her team home, (surprisingly enough) Chakotay ended up with 7 of 9, and Tom and B'Elanna became parents of a beautiful baby. They received a hero's welcome upon arriving at Earth, then the series ended.

I'm not sure how Enterprise ended because I never cared for that one.

gatebee
August 17th, 2005, 07:16 PM
Well I watched it cause RDA's name was in the marquee. But once I saw them together, I was a shipper instantly. First one I ever watched was season 7 -January 2004, Evolution Part 1. Then the week later saw Grace and the rest is history.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v205/FilBrit1/grace1.jpg

sg-1fanintn
August 17th, 2005, 07:43 PM
Round 54 of the Fave Episodes Tournament has begun. Past and Present was eliminated in Round 53.

Thanks to you, Divide & Conquer, the holy grail of Sam/Jack shippiness, has dropped from #2 to #12.

But please keep voting! Catch up on the tourney (and which eps have been eliminated so far) here: http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=12889&page=131&pp=20

Be careful! If you accidentally vote for an ep that has already been eliminated, none of your votes will count in that round.

Thanks!

mad_gater
August 17th, 2005, 08:15 PM
Good morning everyone! :)

I am in a happy, shippy mood today. Just finished watching Beneath the Surface. When you watch the shippy episodes you just think 'How could they not get together?' Sam and Jack forever! :D

SueKay...
It was a spur of the moment thing. My aunt had come down to Brum to see my Nan and she asked me if I wanted to come up for a day or 2 (I was already going to Cardiff and she said she would take me there too so I thought why not, I haven't been up there since I was a little girl :))! She lives in a town called Duffus.

Aaaww I know. I would have said if I had known in advance but like I said, spur of the moment thing. It would have been cool to meet up with you though! :)

And congrats about uni! See, I knew you would do it! :) So what are you going to do????

~Tracey~
hey....I ain't no Duffus!! I may not be the most advanced ship around....but no need to get insulting....:P:D

mad_gater
August 17th, 2005, 08:30 PM
SueKay – Great news on uni, congrats!! Criminology sounds very interesting, might just be asking you for some tips if you go with that!

Am suffering from eye strain syndrome at the moment as am spending so much time glued to my computer screen lapping up Hail Dorothy’s Chosen Hearts ship fic series. If you read this Dorothy – Hail to you, I love it!! Don’t suppose you have any insurance that covers eyesight deteriation do you, only your fics are so addictive that I just can’t tear myself away!! Hee hee!

Token – Thanks so much for posting your gifs again, they are great especially the one from Grace which is positively mesmorising!! Tried to green you but had my wrist slapped and told to spread it around! How bout a hug instead (((Token)))

Oh, one other last thing...just watched the ring scene in Affinity and I have to say I do love that scene even though Sam is discussing her and :eek: It's just such a great example of the incredible bond that jack and sam share, you can really see the emotional turmoil that's bubbling away beneath the surface (mmm...good name for an episode me thinks!!).
One day shippers one day hopefully we'll have jack, sam and a ring in a scene again and the result will be the shipper family doing the shipper boogie!! :p
What'll happen with me is I'll be so smashed I'll probably try to dance then trip over my own two drunken left feet....:P:D

SG1Poz
August 17th, 2005, 08:40 PM
What'll happen with me is I'll be so smashed I'll probably try to dance then trip over my own two drunken left feet....:P:D

Don't do that! It was almost a year ago I tripped over my boombox (in the dark)and did a peter pan. I needed rotator cuff surgery on my left shoulder! My right needs it too, I just keep putting it off.

Freaky accident

Poz

mad_gater
August 17th, 2005, 08:47 PM
BTW, I feel I should clarify that I actually agree with her to an extent, because I didn't like some of the ways that Sam was portrayed in certain episodes, but reading this article makes me realize that people are completely distancing themselves from that storyline and the odds are that it's never going to be addressed again.
*pounces, knocks over, and huggles ship mum*

been awhile!!!! :):)

mad_gater
August 17th, 2005, 09:09 PM
WELCOME IRISHCHICK!!!!!! :):)

Pull up a barstool...:D:D

mad_gater
August 17th, 2005, 09:33 PM
No, Voyager ended very nicely. Janeway finally got her team home, (surprisingly enough) Chakotay ended up with 7 of 9, and Tom and B'Elanna became parents of a beautiful baby. They received a hero's welcome upon arriving at Earth, then the series ended.

I'm glad Janeway got ship and crew back to the Alpha Quadrant, but I think they bungled a ship....I believe that Janeway and CHAKOTAY were meant to be together...mainly cuz I saw a pretty good number of eps to that effect.

gatebee
August 17th, 2005, 09:45 PM
I posted this pic at SI

What ever reality they are in Sam and Jack together

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v205/FilBrit1/PDVD_027.jpg

gatebee
August 17th, 2005, 09:49 PM
here we see Jack acting on his deepest desires and Sam not pushing back at all. In fact Sam seems to welcome it. And honsetly they were both in real time but just in a time loop

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v205/FilBrit1/7dca3781.jpg

gatebee
August 17th, 2005, 09:53 PM
they both cared for each other more than they should.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v205/FilBrit1/fifty.jpg

gatebee
August 17th, 2005, 09:56 PM
being a shipper and a romantic lady .... I see love everywhere

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v205/FilBrit1/080e6fe4.jpg

gatebee
August 17th, 2005, 10:01 PM
even from the very beginning, they were meant for each other

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v205/FilBrit1/sg1/PDVD_142.jpg

gatebee
August 17th, 2005, 10:08 PM
well that ends my ship story for now . Photobucket went on strike

Sam and Jack Forever and Always

Cathain Nottingham
August 17th, 2005, 10:10 PM

Fantastic story! *happy sigh*

gatebee
August 17th, 2005, 10:15 PM
Fantastic story! *happy sigh*
thank you CN but I was just starting my love story in pics....

Shipperahoy
August 18th, 2005, 12:01 AM
*pounces, knocks over, and huggles ship mum*

been awhile!!!! :):)

Ooohmph! Ow. Talk about tough love. It's nice to see you again too. ;)

I'm actually enjoying reading the comments from people who are actually positive about the article and about Sam/Jack ship in general because, I have to admit, that ever since Moebius I've been pretty pesimistic about the whole thing and feeling like there will never be any kind of resolution one way or another. I felt like they missed the perfect chance (with RDA leaving) to address the relationship definitively once and for all and it...irked me that they didn't. So it's nice to come here and see the optimistic stuff that people write.

Alex_O'neill
August 18th, 2005, 01:29 AM

Thanks for your story !
Great Job ! :D

So it's nice to come here and see the optimistic stuff that people write

All shippers would be always optimistic :o til the end of stargate :D

gate_girl12
August 18th, 2005, 01:36 AM
Gate Girl 12 - Could you do us UK shippers a favour and do some recon on the Threads extras??? I know that there's a threads director's series docu...so...pretty please with sugar on top!

Hi there,

No probs, will do so over the weekend if I get a chance. ;) The stargate fver spreads...I got a woman at worked addicted to it. She watched all my season 1 dvds over the last weekend :s She's a super Stargate freak, like us... now I just have to turn her into a shipper **insert evil laugh**

Stargate's on tonight!!! :) BUT, it's still season 8, promethus unbound..more Daniel and Vala..so gonna wait to get to the ep on the dvds. :(

Ciao peeps :D Happy Shippering

gate_girl12
August 18th, 2005, 02:28 AM
OMG peoples. My dad just changed the channel to Biography channel on foxtel and what should be on....STARGATE SG-1 documentary. On Star Inside!!!! Peeps, keep your eyes open for a repeat!!!

gate_girl12
August 18th, 2005, 02:56 AM
In regards to the conversation about Amanda's comment about Sam's relationship with Jack as a sign of weakness...I would like to amend my previous opinion. One of the deleted scenes in Threads was when Sam, Jack, Teal'c and Bra'tac were in the briefing room discussing the fate of the device on dekara. Sam's cell phone went off and she apologised and commented that she thought she had turned it off. Then Walter comes in and tells her she has an urgent phone call. It's the dreaded Pete :s She sounds annoyed when she answers the phone and apologises to Jack profusely when she hangs up. Jacob mentions that "Wasn't she supposed to meet Pete at the florists?" And Sam, giving the death look, tells him not to worry. When Jack insists that they she doesn't really have anything to do on base, after they finish they're conversation, so she should go. She tries to tell him that it's ok, but they won't take it for an answer. I think since Amanda doesn't see the edited version, she didn't like TPTB putting Sam in the situation. It's understandable and I for one am glad they deleted the scene... it kind of puts Sam in an awkward situation....hmmm, florists?? or saving all life in the galaxy??? Big decision :s

wynter
August 18th, 2005, 03:27 AM
hiya guys,

just catching up on posts don't get a look in when the kids on holidays with the pc,RDA married???????????in one way i wish him the best another i wanted him:(
This interview with AT i would'nt worry about it,lets just keep hoping!!!
right be back later gonna read suekay's fic's.

wynterxx

wynter
August 18th, 2005, 03:33 AM
In regards to the conversation about Amanda's comment about Sam's relationship with Jack as a sign of weakness...I would like to amend my previous opinion. One of the deleted scenes in Threads was when Sam, Jack, Teal'c and Bra'tac were in the briefing room discussing the fate of the device on dekara. Sam's cell phone went off and she apologised and commented that she thought she had turned it off. Then Walter comes in and tells her she has an urgent phone call. It's the dreaded Pete :s She sounds annoyed when she answers the phone and apologises to Jack profusely when she hangs up. Jacob mentions that "Wasn't she supposed to meet Pete at the florists?" And Sam, giving the death look, tells him not to worry. When Jack insists that they she doesn't really have anything to do on base, after they finish they're conversation, so she should go. She tries to tell him that it's ok, but they won't take it for an answer. I think since Amanda doesn't see the edited version, she didn't like TPTB putting Sam in the situation. It's understandable and I for one am glad they deleted the scene... it kind of puts Sam in an awkward situation....hmmm, florists?? or saving all life in the galaxy??? Big decision :s

my god i didn't know that this was one of the deleted scenes i thought this scene was great the way jack looks as sam is on the phone,trying to listen to the others but his mind is focused on what sam is saying on the phone.I just loved jacob's input about the florist knowing what he was doing,just loved this scene.
i am just thankful they gave us the extended episode.

wynterxx

gate_girl12
August 18th, 2005, 04:55 AM
my god i didn't know that this was one of the deleted scenes i thought this scene was great the way jack looks as sam is on the phone,trying to listen to the others but his mind is focused on what sam is saying on the phone.I just loved jacob's input about the florist knowing what he was doing,just loved this scene.
i am just thankful they gave us the extended episode.

wynterxx

The aired version on TV did not contain certain scenes in the DVD version of Threads... the DVD version is a special 84 minute edition. I do enjoy the concerned looks Jack gives Sam... but I didn't appreciate the position TPTB put her it. Perhaps it was essential to the plot... in helping Sam come to her decision with Pete...maybe it solidified her doubts about the wedding :s

Anywho...does anyone like my new sig? I don't know which one I like better my old "In the shadow of the gate" or this one??? Help...I need a poll. Yes? or no?

sueKay
August 18th, 2005, 05:27 AM
The full version threads was only aired on US TV once...they'll show the edited version from now on.

(((((((((((((HUGS TO ALL THE SHIPPERS GETTING THEIR A LEVEL RESULTS TODAY)))))))))))

samisjacksgal
August 18th, 2005, 05:59 AM
The full version threads was only aired on US TV once...they'll show the edited version from now on.

(((((((((((((HUGS TO ALL THE SHIPPERS GETTING THEIR A LEVEL RESULTS TODAY)))))))))))

i failed....
*major sob*

S/J all the way

sueKay
August 18th, 2005, 06:13 AM
((((((((((((((Carolyn)))))))))))))))))

I've sent you a PM

LOL4JACK
August 18th, 2005, 06:37 AM
Ooohmph! Ow. Talk about tough love. It's nice to see you again too. ;)

I'm actually enjoying reading the comments from people who are actually positive about the article and about Sam/Jack ship in general because, I have to admit, that ever since Moebius I've been pretty pesimistic about the whole thing and feeling like there will never be any kind of resolution one way or another. I felt like they missed the perfect chance (with RDA leaving) to address the relationship definitively once and for all and it...irked me that they didn't. So it's nice to come here and see the optimistic stuff that people write.

((((((Welcome back Shipperahoy)))))))), it's such an honor to meet you :p... you are such a legend here :D

Regarding S/J, those comments do not worry me, because we all know that Sam and Jack ARE together... :p

sueKay
August 18th, 2005, 06:42 AM
A note of interest...

Fan letter from Stargate Magazine from issue 05...

What can I say about Stargate SG1 an Stargate Atlantis season finales? Absolutely brilliant! Congratulations to both casts and crews for two most enjoyable series. It's about time Sam and Jack got together

From Sheila Web, Bristol

So some fans do think they're together

Note - extract of letter...the rest of it is about Atlantis.

Somnium
August 18th, 2005, 06:48 AM
Just a quick drive by post as am on my lunch :o

I realised we a few new people who I hadnt taken a mo to welcome, so Hello and welcome to all of you. Make yourselves comfy and dont be shy :D

To all those A level students getting results today, I hope you all got what you wanted/need. But if you didnt then dont worry its not the end of the world, at least you saw them thru I dropped out after my first year.

(((((((((((Everyone in the shipper family))))))))))))))

sueKay
August 18th, 2005, 07:11 AM
Well...finally got a template for the shipper family directory!

I'll let you see a preview later, but right now RL calls!!!!

Alex_O'neill
August 18th, 2005, 07:13 AM
Anywho...does anyone like my new sig? I don't know which one I like better my old "In the shadow of the gate" or this one??? Help...I need a poll. Yes? or no?

Yes keep your old "In The Shadow Of The Gate" he is better ;) I love It :D

sueKay
August 18th, 2005, 07:31 AM
Gate Girl - I agre with Alex...I like your new one, but your "In the Shadow of thw Gate" is perfection!

trupi
August 18th, 2005, 07:35 AM
The aired version on TV did not contain certain scenes in the DVD version of Threads... the DVD version is a special 84 minute edition. I do enjoy the concerned looks Jack gives Sam... but I didn't appreciate the position TPTB put her it. Perhaps it was essential to the plot... in helping Sam come to her decision with Pete...maybe it solidified her doubts about the wedding :s

In the Shadow of the Gate! i love that sig.-It's beautifully done!

gate_girl12
August 18th, 2005, 07:43 AM
Gate Girl - I agre with Alex...I like your new one, but your "In the Shadow of thw Gate" is perfection!

Hey thanks guys... I think I'll just keep these up for a little bit...get a little input. Gotta stop with the pink though... it's just too...pink :s

BTW: http://www.theamandatappingcontest.tk please vote for me if I'm nominated: It's under Louise Cauchi

UhSir
August 18th, 2005, 08:00 AM
I've just thought of something I don't think's ever been done on this thread!
...at least I don't think so...
We've not actually all told each other how we became S/J shippers!
{snip}
Who's next?
Me! Me! Me! Please let me!

How I Became a Sam/Jack Shipper

I started watching the show from the very beginning. When Sam made her first appearance in Children of the Gods and proceeded to blast away at each male in the room I thought, “Ouch, that was overdone.”

Then in Emancipation when the old guy told the SG-1 guys that the bad guy would “partake in his newest purchase” that night and Jack responded with “Oh, there’s not a chance in hell.” I thought, well, that was not a Colonel talking about his Second-In-Command. Hmmm, interesting angle, I wonder if they’ll work it.

Then in Broca Divide when Sam attacked Jack, Jack’s responses were confirmation to me. Everything he said was an argument between himself as Jack and as the Colonel. Okay, so Jack is thinking what I’m thinking, and maybe Sam is too, but she’s a little loopy here so it’s best not to decide about her just yet. Then at the end of the show their whole conversation (which by the way starts out with my personally favorite Sam-line: Uh, sir?) about her wound, a scar and “that sweet little tank top number.” Sam stopped and, for an instant, was prepared to blast away at the no-good, male chauvinist. But she stopped herself and considered whether there may be another meaning to this man’s words.

I was on board of the S/J ship!

UhSir
August 18th, 2005, 08:05 AM
I thought I’d share a shippy conversation I had with my husband the other night. He’s a glass-is-half-full shipper. He’s much more optimistic than I am.

I asked him to give a rating for “Beneath the Surface” using the Gateworld rating scale.
Husband: Two
Me: What? Why?
Husband: Because the ending was all wrong.
Me: But what about the rest of the show? I thought you said it was good.
Husband: Sure, I’d rate the rest of it three and a half.
Me: There aren’t any halves on this scale.
Husband: Okay, then, a four.
Me: So, what was wrong with the ending?
Husband: I didn’t like that they immediately started calling each other Colonel and Major again. They were still on the planet, there wasn’t anyone else around, and there were no surveillance cameras. They could have called each other Jack and Sam, look at each other with “that” look, and then turn and head back to earth and life as usual.
Me: Ooo, that would have been real nice!
Husband: So it’s a two.
Me: Oh come on, be fair.
Husband: Two.
Me: Stubborn!

gate_girl12
August 18th, 2005, 08:24 AM
Me! Me! Me! Please let me!

How I Became a Sam/Jack Shipper

I started watching the show from the very beginning. When Sam made her first appearance in Children of the Gods and proceeded to blast away at each male in the room I thought, “Ouch, that was overdone.”

Then in Emancipation when the old guy told the SG-1 guys that the bad guy would “partake in his newest purchase” that night and Jack responded with “Oh, there’s not a chance in hell.” I thought, well, that was not a Colonel talking about his Second-In-Command. Hmmm, interesting angle, I wonder if they’ll work it.

Then in Broca Divide when Sam attacked Jack, Jack’s responses were confirmation to me. Everything he said was an argument between himself as Jack and as the Colonel. Okay, so Jack is thinking what I’m thinking, and maybe Sam is too, but she’s a little loopy here so it’s best not to decide about her just yet. Then at the end of the show their whole conversation (which by the way starts out with my personally favorite Sam-line: Uh, sir?) about her wound, a scar and “that sweet little tank top number.” Sam stopped and, for an instant, was prepared to blast away at the no-good, male chauvinist. But she stopped herself and considered whether there may be another meaning to this man’s words.

I was on board of the S/J ship!

The first episode i ever watched was Hathor, and I loved it. The next one was Solitudes, and ofcourse that IS a ship-full ep, so I immediately fell in love with Sam and Jack. My friend tried to tell me that Daniel and Sam were a better couple, and i still to this day strenuously disagree!!!!

I downloaded the attempted seduction from Broca Divide off of the web and watched it over and over again, and then I convinced my mum to order the pilot for my birthday, which really was great timing because it was actually delivered ON my birthday. From the moment Sam walked into that briefing room, I became an even bigger shipper if that was possible. Before even watching the rest of the episode, I rewinded the video about ten times just to see the chemistry between the two :)

Am I the only one who makes icky faces when any of Sam's deceased boyfriends or Jack's alien girlfriends come on screen? I also make loud boo-ing sounds. If I had popcorn I'd throw it at the screen!!! That's how you know you're a S/J shipper. :D

Any other symptoms???

girlgater
August 18th, 2005, 08:59 AM
Hi shippers! Long time no see. RL has been a pain lately and I haven't been able to log on and see what everyone is talking about. Glad I could take time today...

When it comes to how/when did I become a Sam/Jack shipper, I really do not have a "revelation" moment. For me it was kinda a gradual process. I guess since I didn't see SG-1 from the very beginning and had to catch up on re-runs it was bound to happen that way. I still remember thinking while watching BtS and Solitudes that there has to be something going on between these two. And after watching WoO I knew that they had to get together somehow! Since I hadn't seen S7 until I got it on DVD I didn't know how :eek: came into the picture. It was a hard pill to swallow knowing that Sam/Jack cared so deeply for each other, but couldn't be together 'cause of the regs.

I'm not giving up though!

UhSir
August 18th, 2005, 09:17 AM
I’ve been doing a little more thinking about S/J Ship and a resolution thereof.

What would resolve it for me (positively of course) and not be too offensive to the anti-shippers (like I care about that)? Oh, and I figure no Jack scene will ever again last longer than about one minute, so this has to be clear and concise.

Here’s what I dreamed up as my perfect resolution.

Sam is at her desk, working on the computer. Jack steps into the doorway. (à la Affinity would be okay because that was one very fine entrance, rrrrowl, woof, woof )

Jack: Hey!
Sam looks to the doorway, mildly startled.
Jack: Out of here. You. Me. Now.
Sam looks at her watch.
Sam: Oh wow! Okay, let me shut down.
Jack leans against the doorframe, arms folded. Sam starts moving the mouse, then stops and puts her hands on the keyboard.
Sam: Um…
Jack: That doesn’t sound like shutting down, Sam. It sounds like still working.
He walks to the desk, stands next to her and looks at the computer.
Sam: No, I am. I’m shutting down.
She grabs the mouse, winces at the screen, clicks the mouse a few times and closes the laptop.
Sam: There. All shut down. See?
Jack: The computer may be, but…
He touches her temple with one finger.
Jack: Your brain is on overtime.
Sam takes hold of Jack’s hand and stands.
Sam: Nope, I promise. Let’s go.
Jack turns and pulls Sam from behind the desk. They let their hands separate as they walk to the door.
Sam: I am starving. Any ideas?
Jack: Yes.
Silence. Sam glances at Jack.
Sam: You wanna tell me?
They walk out of sight down the hallway.

Queen Eleta
August 18th, 2005, 09:31 AM
A note of interest...

Fan letter from Stargate Magazine from issue 05...

From Sheila Web, Bristol

So some fans do think they're together

Note - extract of letter...the rest of it is about Atlantis.

I think there was also a letter from a fan who missed Jack and said she wished he was going to be in more than just three episodes. Did I miss something or is she mistaken? I thought it was only going to be the two already aired.
My friend, who got me into Stargate, sort of, doesn't have SciFi channel and only gets reruns on Fox, so has only seen up to season 7, thought the S/J thing was over. She liked S/ :eek: 's ship, thought they were very sweet together. But then again, she has never seen Divide and Conquer either, so basically all this time she didn't know that they knew. She also missed 'Grace' but that should be coming up pretty soon. I had to remind her that was the kiss she saw in the commercial a couple years ago.
I thought Sam and Jack were together at the end of 'Threads', but then when Daniel and Teal'c walked up, I second guessed myself. But now I think considering everything that has happened, thay are. Just wish for some visual proof!!

Oma-1
August 18th, 2005, 09:36 AM
yeah, why ask cj or ms? and amanda's been at one con since after her daughter was born (that's still weird to say :p), and she *was* asked a ship question. and i LOVED her answer! :D i really don't think amanda's going to give away much, though, but i'd still ask her so she'd know how much we love it. ;)

sally :D
I know this discussion was pages ago - but I'm still catching up :rolleyes: Sorry to bring up the whole Amanda interview and what some saw as neg ship comments, but I saw them as quite positive. I mean, playing angst all the time must be such a drag when you know how good a kisser RDA is :D I'm sure she'd much rather be smooching with him than playing sad eyes .....

http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/11/11_7_14.gif or http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/36/36_1_44.gif

I know which I'd rather be doing.

Queen Eleta
August 18th, 2005, 09:45 AM
Ha!! Friend mentioned above just called to tell me she just had satelite hooked up, so she gets SciFi now!! Now she wants me to catch her up on season 8 & 9, so she can watch it tomorrow and know whats going on. She never wanted spoilers before, because she figured she would see it on reruns or DVD. I think I'll be on the phnoe all day!

UhSir
August 18th, 2005, 09:58 AM
I thought Sam and Jack were together at the end of 'Threads', but then when Daniel and Teal'c walked up, I second guessed myself.

My husband and I are firm believers that Sam and Jack arrived the day before. The scene we saw with Teal’c and Daniel just arriving was the next day. I refuse to accept any other interpretation. sticks fingers in ears LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA

Oma-1
August 18th, 2005, 10:00 AM
Definitely too cliche. I've got a better one for you (I tried to reply earlier but Gateworld ate my post )...

Eric Clapton's "Wonderful Tonight." Slow, sexy, and perfect for S&J.

I love Eric Clapton and thought of that song too! Great minds :D Whenever I hear Tears in Heaven it always makes me think of Jack & Charlie. (For those who don't know, Eric wrote the song after his son died.) Takes me back to those Cold Lazarus days, or how Jack was feeling in the movie.
http://www.eric-clapton.co.uk/ecla/lyrics/tears-in-heaven.html

Token
August 18th, 2005, 10:10 AM
((((((((Shipper Family))))))))) *grumbles about loss of internet connection*

http://bestsmileys.com/welcome/12.gif to the newest members of the Family!! http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/23/23_29_125.gif (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZSzfw003)

My thoughts on the AT interview....mixed! :p The article mentions that AT had been back for three days when the interview happened. I'm thinking AT was getting her feet back under her and trying to focus on the new changes with the show and having her daughter at work when the interview was done. She had been removed from the "Stargate universe" while enjoying being a mom. So, I'm not going to take it negatively even though I wish it had been a tiny bit ship positive. ;) Now, the NJ Con wasn't that long ago; and AT seemed much more positive about the future of Sam and Jack. Therefore, I'm taking AT's NJ Con comments with more weight. (because it makes me feel better) :D

I'm sure AT's true feelings about the Sam and Jack relationship is probably somewhere in the middle of both opinions. :S

LOL4JACK
August 18th, 2005, 10:47 AM
I know this discussion was pages ago - but I'm still catching up :rolleyes: Sorry to bring up the whole Amanda interview and what some saw as neg ship comments, but I saw them as quite positive. I mean, playing angst all the time must be such a drag when you know how good a kisser RDA is :D I'm sure she'd much rather be smooching with him than playing sad eyes .....

http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/11/11_7_14.gif or http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/36/36_1_44.gif

((((Oma))) You always know how to put things under the correct perspective :D... LOL

Zoser
August 18th, 2005, 11:07 AM
My husband and I are firm believers that Sam and Jack arrived the day before. The scene we saw with Teal’c and Daniel just arriving was the next day. I refuse to accept any other interpretation. sticks fingers in ears LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA
One day at least - maybe more. Jack looks a little tired and they are just fishing! ;)

sueKay
August 18th, 2005, 11:10 AM
Hello!!!!!!!!!!!

Right...

THE SHIPPER SITE IS UNDER CONSTRUCTION...WANT A MENTION IN THE SITE???? ADD YOUR NAME AND A LINK TO YOUR SITE/FANFIC/WHATEVER BELOW!!!!!!
Note: You can submit AS MANY LINKS as you want as long as your are in someway involved with them.

WEBSITE LIST

sueKay - http://www.stargate-intel.tk (http://www.stargate-intel.tk/)

ADD YOUR NAME!!!!!!!!!

Thankyou! :D

sg-1fanintn
August 18th, 2005, 11:17 AM
* I tried like heck to post this last night, but GW just wouldn't process it. So, I apologize for it being late in the discussion! *

Ummm . . . It was Amanda who pushed for the Pete storyline, and in my book, that's about as wrong as you can get for the fans of the ship. So I disagree with this statement: she knew what we shippers wanted and intentionally pushed for the exact opposite.
Well, I hated :eek: from the moment I saw his little round potato head. Yes, I know some of you think DDL is cute, and I acknowledge your right to like him, but he's not my cup of tea. Besides, they just didn't "match" as a couple. They didn't look right together, even if I had no other objections to the pairing (which, of course, I did!). But I still think that the :eek: experience was a progression; a place Sam had to go to realize what she really wanted. So I don't blame AT if she pushed the storyline. I wasn’t in “active fandom” at the time, so I had no knowledge of that. I also remember RDA giving an interview where he said, "Let's put it this way--he's no competition for O'Neill." So I had a feeling from the beginning that it wasn't going to last.

How did I become a shipper? Hubby and I don't take Showtime, but we had heard so much about SG-1, and wanted to see it. Then, it jumped to Skiffy and went into syndication. So for a couple of years, we were getting two new eps each week.....out of order, but new eps, nonetheless. As usual (like with X-Files), hubby got me interested; then my interest surpassed his.

When we finally got to see the show, I was really taken with the relationships between the team. I just loved AT's fresh face and self-assured demeanor. At first, I liked the fact that Sam wasn't attached to any of the men. But the more I saw her interactions with O'Neill, the more I knew that they belonged together….and I became and RDA fan too. In fact, I don't understand anyone who says they can't see the chemistry.

How can they miss it?

( * oops! calms down, realizing she's among friends, and is "preaching to the choir * sits down quietly *)

Oma-1
August 18th, 2005, 11:19 AM
sueKay did the LALALALALA thing a few pages back too :D I'd just watched ..... the one CJ wanted to call My Big Fat Jaffa Wedding :D (can't remember it's real name) and Jack's playing table tennis with T and says something like "sticking your fingers in your ears and humming loudly solves a whole load of problems." I can just see Jack standing there yelling LALALALALALALALALA when Walter tells him he can't keep kissing Carter - he's got to get some work done :D

Uh, sorry - don't know where my brain is today! For some reason every time I think RDA I think ...CENSORED...

michelleb
August 18th, 2005, 11:34 AM
Why does Gateworld keep crashing on me? I was trying to answer Sue's question about when I started shipping, and it keeps sticking and stopping me...i think it's a conspiracy.

Anyway...Didn't watch Stargate at first, cos i hated the film. Saw Hathor, loved Sam and Janet. Borrowed my then-boyfriends vidoes. Saw Singularity. Saw the look in Jack's eyes when he ordered Sam to come back up, spotted the ship. Turned to my boyfriend, saying 'is there something going on between sam and jack?' - he said no, but he was an idiot, so he has now left this story.

Went on line the next day, joined a sam and jack group, then wrote my first sam/jack fanfic the next day...and all this before i'd even seen solitudes!

you all know the rest

Oma-1
August 18th, 2005, 11:36 AM
I'm all caught up - finally! (I'll be so glad when the kids go back to school and I can get on with my regular shipping :p )

How did I become an S/J shipper in how many words was it?? :p

Well, as some of you know, the first ep I saw was The First Ones (unashamedly avows how much I LOVE that ep :D ) on Sky One when S5 was showing. I kept watching S5 and started watching the eps that were on every day in between (they would be from any season and weren't in any sort of order). The very next ep I saw was Solitudes and I was like "Heyyyyyyyyy! There's enough heat to melt the ice without the burner :D " and my eldest daughter (she was 8 or 9) said "Are they in love?" (Perceptive isn't she :D) And from then on I was hooked. I only saw COTG, Broca Divide and D&C when I got the DVD's.

I found fan fiction about a year ago, and GW about 6 months ago. The rest is history :D sorry - couldn't resist the cliche :o

michelleb
August 18th, 2005, 11:38 AM

Not so good if you were Chakotay/Janeway shipper..as TPTB encouraged us to be, with some intensely shippy episodes (the one where she died was an absolute favourite), and the basic message was that you only get your man if you're a space bimbo in a silver jumpsuit, and not if you're an intelligent, older woman with authority.

Enterprise had Will and Deanna in the final episode..so I just sat back and enjoyed some new shippy moments for one of the greatest ships of all time (and it was resolved, too!)

sueKay
August 18th, 2005, 11:44 AM
*sob*

I wanted Kathryn to get her angry warrior!

*wail*

UhSir
August 18th, 2005, 11:47 AM
michelleb, Gateworld has been locking up the browser on me when I try to reply with the regular Quote. I never have a problem using the QR. Frustrating! What I've been doing if I want to quote someone is, first use the Quote, select the text, copy, and then use Back in the browser. I paste the text into my word processor, type my stuff, select and copy. Go to the browser and use the QR, paste and Post. It hasn't locked up on me that way. (Crosses fingers and knocks on wood. Ow!)

pittsburghgirl
August 18th, 2005, 11:47 AM
Not so good if you were Chakotay/Janeway shipper..as TPTB encouraged us to be, with some intensely shippy episodes (the one where she died was an absolute favourite), and the basic message was that you only get your man if you're a space bimbo in a silver jumpsuit, and not if you're an intelligent, older woman with authority.

Enterprise had Will and Deanna in the final episode..so I just sat back and enjoyed some new shippy moments for one of the greatest ships of all time (and it was resolved, too!)
didn't the ship between ryker and troi take about 100 years (well not exactly but...) and I believe that by the time that happened-no-one really cared anymore.

michelleb
August 18th, 2005, 11:58 AM
didn't the ship between ryker and troi take about 100 years (well not exactly but...) and I believe that by the time that happened-no-one really cared anymore.

Oh, I cared. I cared very much. And I was so happy they got together in the end. And one of the best ship books ever..Imzadi, by Peter David..was written about those two.

sueKay
August 18th, 2005, 12:05 PM
*coughs abruptly*

IF YOU WANT ADDED TO THE SHIPPER SITE...PLEASE ADD YOUR NAME TO THIS LIST! OTHERWISE THE SITE WILL BE EMPTY!!!!!!

suekay - http://www.stargate-intel.tk

gatebee
August 18th, 2005, 12:08 PM
Thanks for your story !
Great Job ! :D

All shippers would be always optimistic :o til the end of stargate :D
thank you I wanted to go on with the pictorial but my PB went on maintenance or something

gatebee
August 18th, 2005, 12:21 PM
hiya guys,

just catching up on posts don't get a look in when the kids on holidays with the pc,RDA married???????????in one way i wish him the best another i wanted him:(
This interview with AT i would'nt worry about it,lets just keep hoping!!!
right be back later gonna read suekay's fic's.

wynterxx
We shouldn't worry too much about anything. I am confident that in time, Sam and Jack will be married. And we shall all be invited.

gatebee
August 18th, 2005, 12:31 PM
i failed....
*major sob*

S/J all the way

sorry to hear that ....
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v205/FilBrit1/PDVD_019.jpg
Jack and Sam feel your pain
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v205/FilBrit1/shand.jpg

UhSir
August 18th, 2005, 12:33 PM
*coughs abruptly*

IF YOU WANT ADDED TO THE SHIPPER SITE...PLEASE ADD YOUR NAME TO THIS LIST! OTHERWISE THE SITE WILL BE EMPTY!!!!!!

suekay - http://www.stargate-intel.tk

*hands sueKay a glass of water*

Well, sueKay, I’m still trying to figure out WHAT THE HECK YOU’RE TALKING ABOUT. *coughs*

Ahem, are you done with that? *takes the glass of water back*

I went to the site but I don’t see what you are talking about.

scjon
August 18th, 2005, 12:34 PM
Sorry I haven't been on here for ages. RL claimed me. Had to attend a funeral and a wedding this week-less than 24 hours apart.

How/when did I become a shipper?

Well, it all started when my husband brought home the season 1 boxed set. I thought I saw something there in COTG, then Singularity, Solitudes, There By The Grace of God etc, etc.

The next episode I saw was 2010 (on channel 4) and as Sam was married to Ambassador Joe, I wondered if I was going mad, but especially after the cabin scene, I still knew there was something there with Jack, even if TPTB weren't going to pursue it.

We eventually got seasons 2, 3 & 4 on DVD. I was still sure there was something there, but wondered if it was deliberate or I was just being an incurable romantic. When I saw A Hundred Days I was initially so irritated by Lara, that I actually forgot to note Sam's reaction to Janet's "You miss him? Is this a problem?" :rolleyes:

Anyway, when I watched D & C, I actually felt physical relief at the fact that my suspicions had been confirmed "Yay!! I'm not going mad (well any more so than usual :D )". I also got to see WoO before my husband did. When he asked me what had happened I simply said "Jack kissed Sam". My husband replied "Ok and what else happened?"

It wasn't until about a year and a half ago that I discovered the online fandom and that there was a technical term for people like me - "shipper". :cool: and I've been online ever since....

Apologies, that was probably far more detail than you wanted or needed,. If there was a word limit, I've blasted it out of the water. Ah nostalgia..... :)

gatebee
August 18th, 2005, 12:39 PM
((((((Welcome back Shipperahoy)))))))), it's such an honor to meet you :p... you are such a legend here :D

Regarding S/J, those comments do not worry me, because we all know that Sam and Jack ARE together... :p
totally agree they are together. They are just keeping everything a secret so as not to interfere with the greater threat to the planet.

And when the day comes and they can announce it to one and all, a gran wedding shall be had.

m_wendy_r
August 18th, 2005, 12:46 PM
Hi Guys,

Just popping in to say hello. I hope everyone who got their A Level results did well.

And for those that didn't do so well, I offer you cake. :)

Also want to welcome the new people to the family. WELCOME :D

And as for how I became an S/J Shipper... I don't actually recall becoming one, I just was. LOL I don't really know, right from the word 'go' I was a shipper. My friend Sara introduced me to Stargate years and years ago, and she happened to be a shipper, although I'm not sure if she is now, so she kind of influenced the angle at which I started watching the show. The first episode I watched was 'Children of the Gods', and we all know what happens in 'that' episode. :D ;)

After that I watched Season 2 episodes, and then a little while after that I was watching Season 4 episodes so... who knows where it began.

Wendy

UhSir
August 18th, 2005, 12:51 PM
Apologies, that was probably far more detail than you wanted or needed,.

No apology needed. I enjoyed all of the details.

It's the little bits of ship in seasons 1, 2 & 3 that were so great. I love all of the shippiness in season 4, but I feel it also caused a lot of harm from a production standpoint and that resulted in a lot of the misery we have to deal with now.

Somnium
August 18th, 2005, 12:53 PM
Evening All! ((()))

Just got in from work and have been catching up on posts, so sorry if some of this is from a little while back.

UhSir - You are so lucky to be able to have those kinda convo's with your man, mine just thinks Im crazy and ignores anything I have to say about Stargate. I love your take on S&J arriving at the Cabin a few days before Teal'c and Daniel :D

Suekay - Would love to say I have something to add to your lil Directory but alas no! On the other hand I have next week off work and have been contemplating writing my first fic, got this crazy idea that wont leave my head, so maybe Ill try my hand at that. Not making no promises tho!

I cant remember when I became a shipper it just kind came to me one day, I think Id been shipping since season 1 but it had just never dawned on me. I started watching SG1 when it first aired on SKY but then I moved out of my parents and the boyf' wouldnt let me get sky :( . So ditched boyf' for a new one who did let me have sky :o started watching again about season 6(missed 2 and a half seasons by then), got addicted started buying the DVDs (and way too much other stuff) and its all been shippy since then really. :D :D

sueKay
August 18th, 2005, 12:57 PM
Uhsir - I'm compiling a Shipper Directory of links to all the sites run or made by people here...Anthing can be included...blogs, fics etc...

Somnium - go write that fic!!!!!

ann_sgcfan
August 18th, 2005, 01:18 PM

I know, I know - some liked or didn't mind the storyline, but I did. So this is just MO. Not bashing the woman - just the act.

Hi all, I know this subject was brought up yesterday, but I'm just now coming online. I realize no one is bashing AT. I just wanted to share MHO on it, and it's okay if you disagree (no hard feelings). I too was a little disappointed when AT wanted Sam's personal life developed more, because Jack was still her CO. However, after thinking about it for a while I finally decided this could be a good thing. If this forces Jack and Sam both to wake up and smell the roses, then go for it. I liked Kerry for Jack because it didn't last and Jack realized that Sam is the woman for him. If the writers would have developed Pete like this it would have gone over a lot better (well that and his stalker side never existed). Sam did finally come to realize Jack was the man for her at the end of Threads. Even during the dark days of Pete, Sam and Jack had some ship moments making Sam realize Jack is the only man for her.

AT did have a fit when she found out that Pete proposed and Sam accepted! AT went to Robert Cooper and complained that Sam would not do this!! RC calmed her down and told her how they planned to take the story, and AT didn't have a choice but to accept it. (I'm still searching through my articles and tapes to find where she said this, but I remember it clearly and I breathed a sigh of relief.) To keep her job she had to be happy that Sam was in a relationship, just not with the person Sam would have chosen. I’m sure she knew it was going to end, because they had already planned Threads. I can always be happy in a bad situation if I know it’s going to end soon.

Okay there is my 2 cents worth. So I am staying positive that AT is a shipper and that Jack will be back!

Has anyone received their S8 DVD’s? Someone said they had theirs and there is a shirtless RDA in it behind the scenes director series for Threads!! :D I was wondering if anyone else could confirm.

UhSir
August 18th, 2005, 01:22 PM
sueKay - Oh good. I'm sorry I yelled earlier.

fanfic writers - Do what sueKay says and get your butts over there! I never know where to find shipper fanfic so this will be great.

Catysg1
August 18th, 2005, 01:24 PM

I never followed Star treck Voyager as such but the first episode I saw, I spotted the Janeway /Chakotay ship immediately .
I liked Will/Deanna too but still didn't really follow the show as a fan .
I only watched 3 or 4 episodes of Star Treck enterprise but didn't seem to get an interest for me ..May be it was because I was hooked on Stargate at the time and didn't care much about anything else while I was catching up .
Now obviously that the Sam and Jack ship is over , It's easy to move on and I just finished my 4 th Lost video " Falling for you" which I think is fantastic for the Kate/Jack ship with the angst thrown in it too .

and Sam and Jack are TOGETHER now :) oh and I became a Sam and Jack shipper after watching "the Broca divide" which was the first episode I saw . From then on I had to catch up .Glad I did it but I'm glad to ship for others too now :)

Billie
August 18th, 2005, 01:31 PM
UhSir - Visit http://www.emeraldrose.net/stargate.htm for some great ship fic. This site is one of the reasons why I haven't been around much lately! The Chosen Hearts ship fic series is addictive!!

Also check out sueKays ship fic - the gal sure can write!! (An A in English I believe wasn't it sueKay?!)

sueKay
August 18th, 2005, 01:40 PM
*blushes*

Yup, and thank you Billie!

You know I'm trawling through the archive and I'm at post 1351 at the moment and only have 7 links :eek:

We sure do promote a lot more now!!!!!!

Somnium
August 18th, 2005, 01:45 PM
Hey Suekay - Have you seen the dates for Gatecon UK have changed!

sueKay
August 18th, 2005, 01:53 PM
Somnium - Yup!!! Even better - more time for me to save up!!!!!

Cannot wait to meet Colin Cunningham!!!!!!!!!!!

And on topic...I now have 8 LINKS! Woo hoo!

Billie
August 18th, 2005, 01:55 PM
Just been over on the Sams a great character thread and found, courtesy of Nearly Circular, a transcript of the interview with AT that's in the new sg1 official magazine. I'm thinking it's probably the interview that has been discussed recently over here but thought I'd post the link for those who haven't got the magazine (like me) and who might like to read it. Does indeed make interesting reading!!

http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost.php?p=4434609&postcount=13680

Billie
August 18th, 2005, 02:07 PM
Hows about a behind the scenes piccy?

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a57/pcbillie/bts.jpg

Thinking RDAs sneezing but I could be wrong!! :p

Shipaholic
August 18th, 2005, 02:13 PM
I don't really know how I became a shipper. I started watching stargate on dvd and watched the whole first season in a little over a week, so I don't remember a particular moment, it just happened. I tend to ship on every show I watch, so I think it was almost immediate.

UhSir
August 18th, 2005, 02:24 PM
Oh I am so going to regret this, I just know it, but this keeps eating at me.

Re: the AT article, AT wanting the Pete story, etc.

I don’t keep up with every detail of these things, but the way I understand it, AT suggested that maybe there could be a guy for Sam that didn’t die but just came into her life for a while and then moved on. TPTB took this idea and ran with it in an entirely different direction. They took a pinch of lover’s triangle and a smidgen of ticking biological clock then stirred in too much sappy dweeb. That is not what AT was asking for.

LOL4JACK
August 18th, 2005, 02:37 PM
Hmm, when I did I become a shipper... For me there is a difference in being a hopelessly romantic and a shipper :p

I've always been a HR and I want everybody to get together :p I've watched SG almost since the begining and I loooovvved RDA/J and I liked Sam for him :p, loved the AU eps but honestly did not focus on the ship...

When I saw the previews for Grace I was like "Waaaaaaaaaaaaat!!!!!!!!" I could not believe it and that is when my shippy heart started to beat.... I was very dissapointed and was not suprised that TPTB had cheated on me :(

When I saw Threads.... I was, woooohoooo they are so together and I could not resist the urge to know what had happened... I started googling every stargate site and found Gateworld, I thought it was so good... I saw that spoilers were coming from a JM thread, whent to the thread, posted a shippy question and had OMA, SueKay and Majorsal invite me to the shipper thread and THEN.... became a shipper, I started watching SG all over again and it was just amazing, I re-discovered my fav show and fanfics :p....

((((((((((Thanks Shipper Family))))))))))))

sueKay
August 18th, 2005, 02:43 PM
(((((((((LOL4JACK)))))))))

Bet you're glad we bugged ya to join...since you now have made some RL friends here!!!!!!

ann_sgcfan
August 18th, 2005, 03:22 PM
When did I first become a shipper ... Solitudes! After watching the episode I was ohhhing and ahhhing at all the Jack and Sam scenes. Espically in the end when she thinks they are dying and she came back to be with him. I saw the possibilty then.

Into the Fire was another great J/S episode where Sam went back after Jack. Jack was willing to sacrfice himself for Sam (okay technically for Daniel too) :p Of course D&C and WoO was the deciding factor! :D

sg-1fanintn
August 18th, 2005, 04:42 PM
I found this on GW today. Beware, it's a spoiler for the second half of S9.
Mitchell soon grows restless, but Daniel assures him of the importance of this mission. Stargate Command desperately needs the support of the I.O.A. -- especially China, which is apparently on the fence. Three years ago China, Great Britain, and France joined Russia and the United States in signing the Gate Alliance Treaty ("Disclosure"), which promised that in exchange for the U.S. military's continued operation of the program they would share all off-world technology procured through the gate. But the U.S. apparently hasn't kept up its end of the agreement, instead interpretting the agreement as referring to all non-military technology.
When I read this, I thought......hmmmm......will they try to blame this on Jack?

Don't give up the Ship, Shipmum!!! Gee, that sounds funny.....
Anyway, they didn't address it because that was what we expected! They're planning to hit us with it when we least expect it, because Jack will be back!

And, * cough * on the slim chance I'm proven wrong, I'll just cry.

jafacakes
August 18th, 2005, 04:59 PM
How/ when did I became a shipper ?
Hmmm, funnily enough I have the anti-shippers to thank for :D .
Beeing a late developer I only started watching Stargate from S7 . Loved the Sam Daniel interaction in Fallen and my first contact with the Stargate online comunity turned out to be a very anti Sam Jack site. They could see ship in any scene they had together :p . Their reactions to Evolution I and II were so sanguine I was expecting the full fireworks. Anyway by that time I thought it was a very one sided relationship with Jack doing most of it, my little heart still pinning for Daniel and Sam if any.
By the strange circumstances of British broadcasting with S7 on Sky ,S6 on C4 and daily episodes of S 2, 3 and 4 on Sky afternoons I soon saw what they were talking about. All the little gestures, looks, smiles were full of shippiness. And of course the big teases from TPTB from Sam's introduction in CotG through all the kisses in the AU episodes and WoO. Probably In the line of duty was the one I got convinced.

UhSir
August 18th, 2005, 05:01 PM
ann_sgcfan - Thank you for the green rep. Your post was not too long. I especially agree with you on this part:

If this forces Jack and Sam both to wake up and smell the roses, then go for it. I liked Kerry for Jack because it didn't last and Jack realized that Sam is the woman for him. If the writers would have developed Pete like this it would have gone over a lot better (well that and his stalker side never existed). Sam did finally come to realize Jack was the man for her at the end of Threads. Even during the dark days of Pete, Sam and Jack had some ship moments making Sam realize Jack is the only man for her.

sg-1fanintn
August 18th, 2005, 05:15 PM

Oma-1's back!!! Hurrah! Don't be gone so long!!!
My husband and I have agreed the same thing!!!!! I don't even know why they had to invite Danny and T at all-----harrumph!

One day at least - maybe more. Jack looks a little tired and they are just fishing! ;)
Ooooohhhh......I like that interpretation even better!!!!! Go, Zoser, go!
Uh, sorry - don't know where my brain is today! For some reason every time I think RDA I think ...CENSORED...
Oh, gee.....that's an everyday occurrence with me. You mean you don't always think that way?

nell
August 18th, 2005, 05:19 PM
Hi Shipper Friends!!!

OK, I sure hope this gets posted. It's my third try to tell how I became a shipper.

Well, I was a Lord of the Rings fan. Big time!!! After The Return of the King, I was without the Aragorn and Arwen Ship not to mention, but I will, the action, adventure, fantasy, magic and delightfulness of Tolkien's Middle Earth!!

So, I'm looking for a new "hobby!" I'm surfing on TV and come across Stargate. I'd seen commercials and surfed past episodes but never stopped until one fateful day!! I don't know which episode I watched but it was....interesting!!! RDA is so hot!!! I watched more and regularly. I noticed a spark between Sam and Jack!! Well, I am nothing if not a good hobbyist and I went to Google to find out more about Stargate. This led me to SciFi Channel and links and a transcript of an interview with Michael Shanks and Amanda Tapping. She was responding to questions about Jack and Sam and Shippers. Shippers?? What are Shippers?

Back to Google! I type in Stargate SG-1, shippers!!! Wow!!! Wowee!!! Gotta love Google!!

I discovered Sam and Jack FANFICTION!!! :p Shipper Heaven!!! :p I kinda felt like a kid in a candy store!!! :D

Then, I found Gateworld and lurked, alot, before joining what has turned out to be a terrific place with all of you!!! :)

Cathain Nottingham
August 18th, 2005, 05:34 PM
Hi everyone! I skimmed over what I missed but I really didn't read anything (sorry everyone). I was just in a car accident so I don't want to fight my computer to go back *tries to count how many pages*

Anyway anything big I miss?

nell
August 18th, 2005, 05:39 PM
Hi everyone! I skimmed over what I missed but I really didn't read anything (sorry everyone). I was just in a car accident so I don't want to fight my computer to go back *tries to count how many pages*

Car accident?? Are you OK??

scjon
August 18th, 2005, 05:41 PM

(((Cathain))). Are you ok? Were you injured?

No, I don't think you missed anything big.

gatebee
August 18th, 2005, 05:51 PM

you ok.... car accident .... sit down

Oma-1
August 18th, 2005, 06:13 PM
Just been over on the Sams a great character thread and found, courtesy of Nearly Circular, a transcript of the interview with AT that's in the new sg1 official magazine. I'm thinking it's probably the interview that has been discussed recently over here but thought I'd post the link for those who haven't got the magazine (like me) and who might like to read it. Does indeed make interesting reading!!

http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost.php?p=4434609&postcount=13680
Thanks for posting this Billie. I'd not seen the whole article before, so it was hard to get a real feel for what Amanda was saying. I understand now why some people were so upset reading that last line. I see the point AT was making - a lot of people did feel that all the angst was weakening Sam - and to an extent I did too. I just thought that :eek: was the cause of that, not Jack. I've always understood the "nothing can happen while Jack's the CO" and respected it as their integrity over-riding their feelings, so the angst to me was a symbol of their respect for each other and the importance of what they were achieving at SGC. (With the understanding that once the Goa'uld were defeated, S&J would be an item :D )

I was really pleased to read what Ann SGCFan posted that AT had gone ballistic over the proposal and Sam's acceptance - cos that shows she really is on the same wavelength as us shippers. Sam has never been unsure of her feelings for Jack. Again, I think that's where TPTB made Sam look weak - it undermined all those years of angst. AT was so right to protest about it.

Finally (phew) I too hope to see kick-a$$ Sam back this season. :D

UhSir
August 18th, 2005, 06:16 PM
Sam is weak because she angsts over Jack but she's not weak when she gets lovey-dovey with some guy who insists on treating her like a little girl?
I don't get it. Grrrrrrrrr!
Excuse me, I have to go before I blow a gasket!

Cathain Nottingham
August 18th, 2005, 06:20 PM
Car accident?? Are you OK??

(((Cathain))). Are you ok? Were you injured?

No, I don't think you missed anything big.

you ok.... car accident .... sit down

I'm ok I think, I may have hurt my neck and I got a burn on my arm. The car...well the back right side is pretty much gone but it still drives. It was a hit and run but thankfully our city cops found and arrested the men!

Oma-1
August 18th, 2005, 06:31 PM
Cathain - Glad to see you are ok (relatively speaking) and that you found time to join us tonight regardless! You're showing Shipper Devotion to the MAX - well over and above the call of duty :D

*mmm - maybe that deserves a Shipper Medal*

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v685/Oma-1/penglg.png

sg-1fanintn
August 18th, 2005, 06:34 PM
Welcome, Irishchick!
Welcome, Alex_O'neill
Welcome back, samisjacksgal!

Cathain, glad to hear you're ok!

Sam is weak because she angsts over Jack but she's not weak when she gets lovey-dovey with some guy who insists on treating her like a little girl?
Tell me about it! It was just SO out of character for her to be in THAT relationship!

jafacakes
August 18th, 2005, 06:35 PM
I'm ok I think, I may have hurt my neck and I got a burn on my arm. The car...well the back right side is pretty much gone but it still drives. It was a hit and run but thankfully our city cops found and arrested the men!

(((((((Cathain)))))) That sounds terrible. I'm glad you sound so calm.
Have you had your neck checked? Wiplash is very unconfortable and can go on for a long time.

Cathain Nottingham
August 18th, 2005, 06:45 PM
Cathain - Glad to see you are ok (relatively speaking) and that you found time to join us tonight regardless! You're showing Shipper Devotion to the MAX - well over and above the call of duty :D

*mmm - maybe that deserves a Shipper Medal*

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v685/Oma-1/penglg.png

Cathain, glad to hear you're ok!

(((((((Cathain)))))) That sounds terrible. I'm glad you sound so calm.
Have you had your neck checked? Wiplash is very unconfortable and can go on for a long time.

Aww! Thanks Oma for the metal *shows it off proudly* :D

(((((sg-1fanintn)))))

And jafacakes I haven't, the accident just happened maybe two hours ago and I came home. Right now I'm just trying to ignore it (probably not the best plan...)

trupi
August 18th, 2005, 06:48 PM
I hope you were checked out by EMTs. You could have whiplash and/or concussion, even if you didn't bag your head. Was an EMT-if you develop a severe head ache or dizziness-please go to the hospital. If anything go to your regular doctor and get check-up, encase something does pop-up, you might need it for insurance reason or against the case of the other drivers. Every state has its own regulation. The Police usually can give you more details. I hope you feel better.

Cathain Nottingham
August 18th, 2005, 07:00 PM
I hope you were checked out by EMTs. You could have whiplash and/or concussion, even if you didn't bag your head. Was an EMT-if you develop a severe head ache or dizziness-please go to the hospital. If anything go to your regular doctor and get check-up, encase something does pop-up, you might need it for insurance reason or against the case of the other drivers. Every state has its own regulation. The Police usually can give you more details. I hope you feel better.

I wasn't. I told the police I was fine and we didn't even call the EMTs. Can you tell I avoid doctors?

ann_sgcfan
August 18th, 2005, 07:04 PM

Good advise Trupi! Cathian I hope you get to feeling better!!

Edit: Cathian you are quicker than I am, I just saw your previous post. I really hope you are feeling better soon, and keep an eye on the symptoms.

UhSir
August 18th, 2005, 07:06 PM
Cathain - go to the doctor. I had an accident, rear-ended, and refused medical treatment at the scene. My car, Buick LeSabre, had just a bent up bumper a.k.a. minimal damage. My husband insisted I go to the doctor and they xrayed me and "all was fine." Two days later I could hardly move my neck and left arm without terrible pain. I spent months in physical therapy and years in the courts fighting the stupid insurance company to pay the bills because my car had minimal damage and I had refused treatment at the scene.

trupi
August 18th, 2005, 07:08 PM
I wasn't. I told the police I was fine and we didn't even call the EMTs. Can you tell I avoid doctors?
Just take care-if you don't feel right, go to the doctor. But get one that looks like Jack so you don't mind being examine.

jafacakes
August 18th, 2005, 07:14 PM
Aww! Thanks Oma for the metal *shows it off proudly* :D

(((((sg-1fanintn)))))

And jafacakes I haven't, the accident just happened maybe two hours ago and I came home. Right now I'm just trying to ignore it (probably not the best plan...)

I can understand you are trying to forget it but have it checked, if not today ,tomorrow. Neck and back injuries can go on for months and be very wearing and then you may have dificulty to prove it resulted from the crash.

Cathain Nottingham
August 18th, 2005, 07:17 PM
Just take care-if you don't feel right, go to the doctor. But get one that looks like Jack so you don't mind being examine.

Cathain - go to the doctor. I had an accident, rear-ended, and refused medical treatment at the scene. My car, Buick LeSabre, had just a bent up bumper a.k.a. minimal damage. My husband insisted I go to the doctor and they xrayed me and "all was fine." Two days later I could hardly move my neck and left arm without terrible pain. I spent months in physical therapy and years in the courts fighting the stupid insurance company to pay the bills because my car had minimal damage and I had refused treatment at the scene.

Maybe that's the trick trupi! I need Dr. O'Neill

And UhSir I took some damage, my whole back end needs replacement since its only one big piece, the trunk got knocked off its track and that sort of thing. Its funny because the entire time I was at the scene my arm only hurt from the small burn but it seemed like the second I got home my neck's been tightening up.

Cathain Nottingham
August 18th, 2005, 07:21 PM
I can understand you are trying to forget it but have it checked, if not today ,tomorrow. Neck and back injuries can go on for months and be very wearing and then you may have dificulty to prove it resulted from the crash.

I probably should, I sprained my neck in a very stupid stunt a few years ago and ever since my neck hasn't been the same. I'll probably let it go though.

LOL4JACK
August 18th, 2005, 07:25 PM
Cathain, I'm glad you are OK, but I agree with UhSir, it also happened to me and I had to run to the hospital 2 days after the accident...

Oma, I've been trying to reply to your PM, so far 5 times!!!!!!!! and my IE crashes every time :( but while I manage... I can only say

http://bestsmileys.com/hugging/4.gif

nell
August 18th, 2005, 07:29 PM
Cathain,
Jack says, "Go to the infirmary! But, watch out for the big, honkin' needles!" :D

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y209/cilljill/Abyssjack14.jpg

*Pic by Shimmering Star*

Cathain Nottingham
August 18th, 2005, 07:37 PM
Cathain, I'm glad you are OK, but I agree with UhSir, it also happened to me and I had to run to the hospital 2 days after the accident...

Cathain,
Jack says, "Go to the infirmary! But, watch out for the big, honkin' needles!" :D

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y209/cilljill/Abyssjack14.jpg

*Pic by Shimmering Star*

Well I know I'm not going anywhere tonight, I've got classes tomorrow.

Gatetrixer
August 18th, 2005, 07:38 PM

Guess I'll repeat my stand: It's Sam's relationship with Pete that started the problems. Pete's putting her in this awkward situation here.

ST-1
August 18th, 2005, 07:45 PM
I love Eric Clapton and thought of that song too! Great minds :D Whenever I hear Tears in Heaven it always makes me think of Jack & Charlie. (For those who don't know, Eric wrote the song after his son died.) Takes me back to those Cold Lazarus days, or how Jack was feeling in the movie.
http://www.eric-clapton.co.uk/ecla/lyrics/tears-in-heaven.html

(((((Oma-1)))))) Great minds indeed! :D "Tears in Heaven" makes me think of Jack and Charlie, too. Eric's son, I believe, fell out a window and died :( just as sudden and tragic as Charlie accidentally shooting himself, so there's a major parallel there.

Eric Clapton is possibly the most talented guitarist on the planet, and a phenomenal songwriter too...truly a legend. In other words, worthy of having his songs attached to S&J fics! :D ;)

Cathain, I hope you are feeling better! Car wrecks suck (I was in a nasty one 18 mos. ago...I spun out on black ice, totaled the car but walked away in one piece). Hang in there, and DO get yourself checked out! If it helps, bring an RDA pic to concentrate on...and reward yourself afterward with a marathon of shippy SG-1 episodes! :D

Buc252
August 18th, 2005, 07:49 PM
I'm glad Janeway got ship and crew back to the Alpha Quadrant, but I think they bungled a ship....I believe that Janeway and CHAKOTAY were meant to be together...mainly cuz I saw a pretty good number of eps to that effect.

Oh, I absolutely agree with you on that. But that ship crashed on the rocks of Jeri Ryan, who, at the time she joined the show, was dating one of the PTB. Coincidentally, for the most part, after that it turned into "The 7 of 9 Show." And naturally, that meant she had to get the alpha male.

It stunk, but at least the show had a proper ending, not left floating in space.

Lynn
August 18th, 2005, 07:55 PM
Oh, I absolutely agree with you on that. But that ship crashed on the rocks of Jeri Ryan, who, at the time she joined the show, was dating one of the PTB. Coincidentally, for the most part, after that it turned into "The 7 of 9 Show." And naturally, that meant she had to get the alpha male.

It stunk, but at least the show had a proper ending, not left floating in space.
But then Jeri Ryan ended up with that crazy perv of a Congressman whose political career crashed and burned cause he wanted her to do "funny" things in nightclubs. So all's well that ends well :-)

Cathain Nottingham
August 18th, 2005, 07:56 PM
Cathain, I hope you are feeling better! Car wrecks suck (I was in a nasty one 18 mos. ago...I spun out on black ice, totaled the car but walked away in one piece). Hang in there, and DO get yourself checked out! If it helps, bring an RDA pic to concentrate on...and reward yourself afterward with a marathon of shippy SG-1 episodes! :D

Yeah maybe I will. I'm going to turn in now - I'll be back tomorrow to give an update.

(((((((((((((((((((((shipper family)))))))))))))))))))))))))))

sg-1fanintn
August 18th, 2005, 08:02 PM
Yes, if your doctor looked like Jack, you would have gone straight to the hospital......'fess up!

I wish my doctor looked like Jack. My doctor looks more like Dr. Lee. But my dentist looks kinda like Siler......

Buc252
August 18th, 2005, 08:03 PM
< snip>

I also remember RDA giving an interview where he said, "Let's put it this way--he's no competition for O'Neill." So I had a feeling from the beginning that it wasn't going to last.

Actually, what he said was that :eek: was no "threat" to O'Neill. That doesn't necessarily imply romantic threat, since the idiot had already interfered in more than one military operation, and we didn't truly know that he wasn't going to end up being a bad guy (NID plant? etc). We can't assume that Rick meant anything shippy in regard to the comment, as much as we'd like it to be so.

UhSir
August 18th, 2005, 08:14 PM
My doctor looks more like Dr. Lee. But my dentist looks kinda like Siler......
Siler is good, just one degree away from Jack if you consider he's RDA's stunt double.
Awww, but I like Dr. Lee. I think he's cute! And Martin, from Point of No Return. He's adorable. "Uh…Murray? Listen, I'm really sorry I tried to bite you..."
Oops, getting off-topic!

S/J ship happy thoughts: Tomorrow Sam is back and maybe, hopefully, possibly, you never really know, but there could be a little teeny bit of ship?!!

Buc252
August 18th, 2005, 08:18 PM

I absolutely agree.

I would have had no problem with her going on a few, varied dates with different guys. That's the way a normal person would get their feet wet after being out of the social scene for awhile. My problem was that she went directly into this heavy relationship with a jerk who was controlling and obsessive, not to mention just plain disrespectful. Instead of proposing, he should have been cooling his heals in prison for treason, IMO! My other problem was the sex. I'm sorry, I'm old fashioned, but in my book, you don't sleep with somebody unless you're 100% committed, which she certainly hadn't had time enough to be in Chimera.

These things all detracted from the character of Sam, being the strong woman she'd always been.

sg-1fanintn
August 18th, 2005, 08:18 PM
Siler is good, just one degree away from Jack if you consider he's RDA's stunt double.
Awww, but I like Dr. Lee. I think he's cute! And Martin, from Point of No Return. He's adorable. "Uh…Murray? Listen, I'm really sorry I tried to bite you..."
Oops, getting off-topic!

S/J ship happy thoughts: Tomorrow Sam is back and maybe, hopefully, possibly, you never really know, but there could be a little teeny bit of ship?!!
From your lips to God's ears!