PDA

View Full Version : Sam Carter/Jack O'Neill Ship Appreciation Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57

LOL4JACK
April 7th, 2005, 08:43 PM
Joe Mallozzi's online right now
Thanks UberSG-1Fan, ran as fast as I can...

From Joe Mallozi's....

As for the next question, the answer is: 1.

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: I can barely breath

MajorSam
April 7th, 2005, 08:46 PM
Thanks UberSG-1Fan, ran as fast as I can...

From Joe Mallozi's....

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: I can barely breath

Have you not seen Moebius 2??

majorsal
April 7th, 2005, 08:48 PM
I agree. I have not been posting much for various reasons. This crap being one of the reasons. I had hoped it would have blown over by now.

i haven't been posting because i can't find anything to talk about. no news means we can't plan and get excited. but no news doesn't necessarily mean bad news (we were drug along by our eyeballs through season 8, and then we got threads and moebius! :D). but i mainly find myself... bored. :(

sally :)

MajorSam
April 7th, 2005, 08:51 PM
i haven't been posting because i can't find anything to talk about. no news means we can't plan and get excited. but no news doesn't necessarily mean bad news (we were drug along by our eyeballs through season 8, and then we got threads and moebius! :D). but i mainly find myself... bored. :(

Ditto. It seems lots of discussions have reverted back to old ones. People still complaining... it's sad :( But people are getting more optimistic now, which is good. It seems in the last while all the posts have been about... I don't really know... got some good graphics, pics, vids, fics... but no new juicy discussions... for me it's not so bad seeing as I don't read the spoilers anyways, it just means I post less here. Or rather, no intelligent shippy posts :rolleyes: :cool:

Still have fun here, but I, at least, am kind of in a shippy... lull. The withdrawl until season 9 starts up. Calm before the storm??

(Of course I might seem hypocritical as i've posted quite a bit tonite.... :rolleyes: :o I'm talking generally!)

pittsburghgirl
April 7th, 2005, 08:55 PM
well if anybody is interested on the ask JM thread-he did answer what Jack told Sam to pack for. fishing

Spimman
April 7th, 2005, 08:58 PM
Do we know anything about the plots concerning Jack or Sam for season 9 yet? I don't guess many plans have been released for the last 15 epeisodes yet so that would rule out Amanda Tapping...I could be out of the loop though...belive it or not, it does happen to me. :D

LOL4JACK
April 7th, 2005, 09:00 PM
Have you not seen Moebius 2??
Hi MajorSam,

I have, but how many times do we get a direct answer regarding the Fishing! the question was asked many times and he kept going around it.

Now we know now for sure where she went :)

MajorSam
April 7th, 2005, 09:02 PM
Hi MajorSam,

I have, but how many times do we get a direct answer regarding the Fishing! the question was asked many times and he kept going around it.

Now we know now for sure where she went :)

ah, lol, good, I was scared for a while there!!!! :eek:

:)

TameFarrar
April 7th, 2005, 09:20 PM
Tame I love your comment about Sam not being put with anyone anymore.Where do I sign.It may sound silly but a Big reason I'am not watching Season 9 is I do want to see every male guest star falling for Sam or any Boyfriends for Sam.I do not even want to see Daniel Teal'c and Sam be buddy buddy with BB's character.If does happen and I did not see it then it's like it never happened.I still plan to watch parts of episode 1 and 3 with Jack.I just does not sit right if Jack is in 1 and 3 and we never see Sam and jack together again.I was also going to watch AT's return in episode 6 but since TPTB are now saying Sam was not with Jack I doubt i'll watch.I still hope RDA will return in latter episodes so we can finally have some real Sam and Jack Ship.All I want is a real Kiss and an I love You.I do not expect an engagement or Wedding.I still cannot believe TPTB did put Sam and Jack together at the end of Season 8.TPTB could have created some good will for Season 9 with the Shippers and the Sam and Jack relationship would not be hanging over the show.I may have been willing to give Season 9 a shot.I would still love to see a late Season episode maybe the second to last episode start with a nice Sam and Jack Bed scene.We can get the real Kiss and I love you in the start of the episode then the rest of the show can be about the the whole Team.The last episode could be like Lost City with some real Sam and Jack Ship.Tame regarding AT and a Season 10 if there is one.I may be wrong but I would be very surprised if she would want to return.I can see a major shakeup with the remaining members of SG-1.I do not want to sound mean but I really hope there is no Season 10.There's probably no chance but I would still love to see an SG-1 Movie with RDA.
((SES))) I so understand your reasons and I definitely respect them... the show just may not be a *Happy place* for some anymore and I NEVER want to ever make the assumption that it will be.

One thing is confusing to me though.... Why am I hearing that TPTB have said Sam & Jack aren't
Spoilers for Mobieus 1&2 togther??? As far as I know the ONLY plae I have heard that come from is Micheal Shanks saying it at a Convention. and personally since I have yet to hear anyone else say it....well MS could have been saying it as a jest :)

However... if that is true then I stand behind what I said earlier... I too do NOT want to see Sam be back in the revolving door od man-per-episode....

Amanda had said she didn't want her character defined by the men...but RCC has definitely allowed that to happen these last two seasons..she isn't and never was considered *Jack's Girl* ONLY... AT had created a strong female character that we all love and I do believe that a good many of us agree that the downfall of this character was TPTB writing this lame a$$ boyfriend storyline.

I really don't forsee TPTB having BB and AT start anything....I mean goodness they already know that they have screwed up her character enough...if they don't well I WILL be tailoring my questions to RCC and Brad Wright to cover JUST THAT verry thing.

I haven't figured out just HOW I am going to get my points across to them BUT since they have elected to be at the same Convention as me well then they need to explain themselves.
I plan to ask them to explain

1) why would you ONLY use the rabid hate mail as a reference to the Shippers in your *Lowdown*

2) At what point do you completely ignore fan feedback when it is apparent that they are NOT enjoying a storyline you have committed to?

3)Why would you allow PTBs to continue to string along sections of the Online Fandom in such a manner to end up looking like liars and cheats that just want $$$?

Now I don't know if I will ask in just that manner..I do try to be polite and respectful but I am not always a happy fan and I want to know the stand they are willing to take when I am right there in theeir face.

any help with questions for the RCC, Brad Wright, Martin Wood panels would be much appreciated. I want to have good thought provoking questions that address our concerns as shippers and as fans overall.

majorsal
April 7th, 2005, 09:21 PM
<snip>

She's also said one time "I want one or both of them to retire, go fishing, and make babies!"

Well, we've got the fishing... so alls we need is the babies! :p here's to wishful thinking!

Hey, I could definitely love it if Amanda 'knows' something, you know. :p

Sally :D

TameFarrar
April 7th, 2005, 09:23 PM
Oh, but they *can't* do anything that the *real* US Air Force wouldn't do! We certainly wouldn't want to displease them by depicting something against their policy, would we?

After all, Stargate is only *partly* science fiction . . . when it comes to the Air Force procedures and rules, it's 100% realistic, right?

<snark ended>

<g>
I just love it when you are snarky!!!!! :D

MajorSam
April 7th, 2005, 09:24 PM
Hey, I could definitely love it if Amanda 'knows' something, you know. :p

Hahaha!!! Hint hint much!? Never give up do you...

Like she's stated before, she's just an actress, they don't tell her these things. (She didn't know BB's Character was a Lt. Colonel until after everyone online did, lol) I doubt she'll know much until a week or so before she goes back!!

TameFarrar
April 7th, 2005, 09:29 PM
I'm afraid I have to disagree with you on this one. They could very easily have had them together. Even though the official rules of the AF frown on it, the fact of the matter (and this comes from people I've known in the service) is that there is very much a "don't ask/don't tell" attitude. If everything runs okay, and there are no complaints of favoritism or whatever, the real military will not step in.

However, the USAF doesn't want people to acknowledge that, even if it's the truth. I think I need to put in a phone call to Mulder . . . the truth is out there!!! And S&J getting together hinges on his finding it! ;)

I'm still just amazed that TPTB let the USAF dictate the direction of their show. When have you ever heard of somebody in charge of series letting somebody else call the shots like that? This is one time I wish Hollyweird's rebellious nature had kicked in.
Once again I COMPLETELY agree with you here.
I truly believe that maybe in season 1 or 2 when the show was still new to teh world TPTB may have not wanted to upset teh AF due to the toys they got from them....but as time went on and the show got a bigger following...AND it was apparent that the fans did enjoy the Sam & Jack dynamic I fully believe they just decided to string it along regardless of the AF... At some point it needs to realized THIS is a TV SHOW and a cable one at that. If a Network show only had 2.7 million viewers it would be cancelled before the next episode aired. SO I feel TPTB used anything and everything at their disposal to keep the viewers coming back. In our case as Shippers we loved the SHOW first and then we looked for Sam & Jack moments....this brought us back week after week.

I will NEVER believe that AF cared in all actuality after a few seasons what they did and as I have said a gazillion times before if the AF is worried that a small cable Sci-Fi show is going to cause their Officers to start jumping each others bones then we need to re-think our military force.

majorsal
April 7th, 2005, 09:34 PM
Ditto. It seems lots of discussions have reverted back to old ones. People still complaining... it's sad :( But people are getting more optimistic now, which is good. It seems in the last while all the posts have been about... I don't really know... got some good graphics, pics, vids, fics... but no new juicy discussions... for me it's not so bad seeing as I don't read the spoilers anyways, it just means I post less here. Or rather, no intelligent shippy posts :rolleyes: :cool:

Still have fun here, but I, at least, am kind of in a shippy... lull. The withdrawl until season 9 starts up. Calm before the storm??

(Of course I might seem hypocritical as i've posted quite a bit tonite.... :rolleyes: :o I'm talking generally!)

my season nine consists of 15 eps. i can't find any interest to watch the first five eps because sam won't be in them... i'm not doing this on purpose, i just can't find any enthusiasm. whether i started watching stargate because i love scifi, i continued because i fell in love with jack, sam, and ship. as far as i can see, the first five eps barely have any of those elements. i guess i'm telling this because i can't even get excited about season nine...

i need a margarita. :p

LOL4JACK
April 7th, 2005, 09:44 PM
SO I feel TPTB used anything and everything at their disposal to keep the viewers coming back. In our case as Shippers we loved the SHOW first and then we looked for Sam & Jack moments....this brought us back week after week.

Additionally when the producers thought that it would be the last season, they intensified the S/J moments, Season 4 and Season 8.... I'm almost sure that they had S/J together at the end of S8, it was what they thought the Series finale and I'm sure they did not care about regulations... or at least they found the nice way over it...

Now, after finding out that they where coming back for another season, they had AT and RDA coming back to "re-do" some scenes... I'm supposing that they needed to take out the "shippiness" of the final eps? so they can keep pulling from the same thread in S9... and have us all coming back.

MajorSam
April 7th, 2005, 09:46 PM

*Hands over margarita (along with a special sloe gin ;) )

Additionally when the producers thought that it would be the last season, they intensified the S/J moments, Season 4 and Season 8.... I'm almost sure that they had S/J together at the end of S8, it was what they thought the Series finale and I'm sure they did not care about regulations... or at least they found the nice way over it...

Now, after finding out that they where coming back for another season, they had AT and RDA coming back to "re-do" some scenes... I'm supposing that they needed to take out the "shippiness" of the final eps? so they can keep pulling from the same thread in S9... and have us all coming back.

Whatever their reasons... it's hurting us, and hurting them in turn! :(

*prays for season 9*

TameFarrar
April 7th, 2005, 09:47 PM

well tha will definitely be harder...:) But I am ever hopeful that things will be decent and we will all be happy :D... I just refuse to be down... I am such an optimist by nature...that I just keep looking for the good :D... it can be hard to find some times but it is really there...believe me :D

majorsal
April 7th, 2005, 09:48 PM
Hahaha!!! Hint hint much!? Never give up do you...

Like she's stated before, she's just an actress, they don't tell her these things. (She didn't know BB's Character was a Lt. Colonel until after everyone online did, lol) I doubt she'll know much until a week or so before she goes back!!

actually, i didn't mean it that way. i meant that at one time she said 'one or both retire, go fishing, and make babies'. the first one is kinda happening (not retiring, but going for another position somewhere else that takes him out of her direct chain of command), the second HAPPENED :D, and the third.... that's what i meant about amanda knowing something. like, she said it and then it's coming true. :p but i don't really expect amanda to really know what's coming up, or tell us. or you to tell. i'm done asking everyone anything.

LOL4JACK
April 7th, 2005, 09:49 PM

I'm sorry I'm not the creative type, I would send you one... but I can least recomend you a Mango Margarita :P :p :p

MajorSam
April 7th, 2005, 09:50 PM
actually, i didn't mean it that way. i meant that at one time she said 'one or both retire, go fishing, and make babies'. the first one is kinda happening (not retiring, but going for another position somewhere else that takes him out of her direct chain of command), the second HAPPENED :D, and the third.... that's what i meant about amanda knowing something. like, she said it and then it's coming true. :p but i don't really expect amanda to really know what's coming up, or tell us. or you to tell. i'm done asking everyone anything.

ah, lol, sorry, my suspicious mind working up. :o :S Maybe she can see into the future!?!? :eek:

Hex.FTB.enabled
April 7th, 2005, 09:50 PM
i need a margarita.
lol, I posted the same thing in the sulky thread.

*raises glass* cheers!

Hex.FTB.enabled
April 7th, 2005, 09:57 PM
2) No plans to bring back Pete. UNLESS...Sam has a change of heart!!!

Just kidding.

All I can say is, thank god!

MajorSam
April 7th, 2005, 10:11 PM
Originally Posted by majorsal
Hi, Joe,

I'm curious, when you guys were filming the Moebius eps, did you know the show had been renewed for a 9th season?

Sally

Joe: Yup.

Hm... interesting...

LOL4JACK
April 7th, 2005, 10:17 PM
Originally Posted by majorsal
Hi, Joe,

I'm curious, when you guys were filming the Moebius eps, did you know the show had been renewed for a 9th season?

Sally

Joe: Yup.

Hm... interesting...
Very, very intersting.... now I only know that I know nothing...! :)

Oops, except that Sam had to go packing so she could go fishing :p Woooo hooo!!!!

MajorSam
April 7th, 2005, 10:28 PM
Very, very intersting.... now I only know that I know nothing...! :)

Oops, except that Sam had to go packing so she could go fishing :p Woooo hooo!!!!

Lol, yup. Well we still know more than we did an hour or so ago!!!!

*Wow we're grasping at straws here... :cool: :p*

Alaskhah
April 7th, 2005, 10:40 PM
Jack and Sams First Date

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v474/mkmoulder/Stargate/1969-5.jpg

Sam: "Well, what do you want to do?'
Jack: "I don't know, what do you want to do?"
Sam: "Ah, I don't know"
Jack: "Me neither"

LOL...that reminds me of the vultures in the Disney movie Jungle Book

"Whatcha wanna do?"
"I dunno, whatcha wanna do?"
"Now don't start that again! First I say, 'Whatcha wanna do?' then you say 'I don't know, whatcha wanna do?' 'Whatcha wanna do?' 'Whatcha wanna do?' Let's do something!!"

**I could make a suggestion or two...or more :rolleyes:**

Sheesh! It's been a long time since I've seen that movie :P

MajorSam
April 7th, 2005, 11:55 PM
Hey everyone, random selfish post, but I just had to pop in and say

I'M A SYSTEM LORD! :eek::eek::eek:

EEEEEH!! *does crazy System Lord Dance*

*sniff choke sob* I'd like to thank my family, my friends, Amanda Tapping, and of coures GOD, and..* Nah, im just kidding :p

*is very happy*

Sorry Anubis, you were a great master, but i've moved on in my life!!! I hope you find a new First prime as fabulous as me ;)

majorsal
April 8th, 2005, 12:04 AM
Lol, yup. Well we still know more than we did an hour or so ago!!!!

*Wow we're grasping at straws here... :cool: :p*

i'm happy with joe's answers. :)

joe confirmed that the writers just made a mistake on the years since jacob almost died of cancer (six instead of four), and that it wasn't some 'clue' to be used at a later date. and he confirmed that sam 'was' packing to go fishing! (and not her being packed off on some other reason/misson/nonshippy thingermajigger). :D

i also like his response to bink because it gave me hopes that things are at least being planned for sam. i was afraid she might be left to flap in the wind with all the new 'toys' the writers have to play with. :S

his answer here, though: 2) No plans to bring back Pete. UNLESS...Sam has a change of heart!!! Just kidding. almost gave me a heart attack. :p

and then when he answered my own question about if they knew they were going to have a season 9 when they were filming the moebius eps... i can't remember why i asked that question. :p i know i was reading some anti shippers views on things, but i can't remember why i wanted to know this answer. i 'do' know i like the answer, so i'm sure that was what i wanted him to answer. just wish i could remember why it was important at the time. :p

sally :D

lord-anubis
April 8th, 2005, 12:28 AM

*sniff choke sob* I'd like to thank my family, my friends, Amanda Tapping, and of coures GOD, and..* Nah, im just kidding :p

*is very happy*

Sorry Anubis, you were a great master, but i've moved on in my life!!! I hope you find a new First prime as fabulous as me ;)

cool im still along way from a system lord maybe i could be anubis new frist prime nah i run at the frist sign of dagner

Lord Zedd
April 8th, 2005, 01:23 AM
cool im still along way from a system lord maybe i could be anubis new frist prime nah i run at the frist sign of dagner
you can be my first prime if you want ;) :D

Uber
April 8th, 2005, 01:32 AM

*is very happy*

As a mere Loyal Advisor (with no System Lord to advise *sniff*) I kneel humbly before your presence...

http://www.powerpromoz.com/stargate/kneeling.jpg

lord-anubis
April 8th, 2005, 01:33 AM
you can be my first prime if you want ;) :D

lol no thanks i all ready have a job a pizza hut

Lord Zedd
April 8th, 2005, 01:37 AM
lol no thanks i all ready have a job a pizza hut
oke than not but if somebody wants to be my first prime :D;) let me know.I will overload you with green jello as Tame has thaught me !! ;) But I guess you'll have too wait because I have been spraiding too much allready :( stupid reputation system

lord-anubis
April 8th, 2005, 01:59 AM
oke than not but if somebody wants to be my first prime :D;) let me know.I will overload you with green jello as Tame has thaught me !! ;) But I guess you'll have too wait because I have been spraiding too much allready :( stupid reputation system

:eek: green jello? wait!*quits job* i chagne my mind i want to be frist prime i want to be system lord *crys* i need some green jello im soo close to geting a glowing one

but i can only work on sundays and i need a 2 hour lunch break also do you have dental plan i have bad teath

Lord Zedd
April 8th, 2005, 02:33 AM
I was watching tv last night and there was this movie on called Pandora's clock and I was surprised Richard Dean Anderson played in it. I only saw the end but I think it was a movie he mad before he began in Stargate SG.1 because his hair didn't look gray. I know this is off topic but don't ding me for it !! If you want to ding me than have the guts to say who you are.

Anubis
April 8th, 2005, 03:43 AM

*is very happy*

Well done for reaching this new stage, servant. But on the otherhand, as I've previously warned, stay away from my deadly forces. :P Who knows what they get up to. :rolleyes:

Sam fan
April 8th, 2005, 08:06 AM
People what's going on? We were on page two for crying out loud!! Wake up!! Shippers come out to play!! lol.

CKO
April 8th, 2005, 08:13 AM
congrats Major Sam ;)

Cassie
April 8th, 2005, 09:13 AM

*is very happy*

*bows to Major Sam* I am not worthy!(sp?)
CONGRATS!!! :D

Cassie
April 8th, 2005, 09:20 AM
There's something that's confusing me...

Jack's a Brigadier (I Star) General, while Landry's a Major (2 star) General...How can Jack be his direct superior?

me thinks they may be leading us on!

That's the thing SueKay he can't. Asked my dad this and at least in the Army the more 'stars' the power you have really. It's all about the stars!My dad gave me an hour discussion on this so I know it really well now :P

Cassie
April 8th, 2005, 09:26 AM
3 and counting!

- Nemesis
- Small Victories (UberSG-1Fan)
- Sight Unseen (Major Sam)

Did anyone say....
-The Curse?
When Jack was asking her it looked like she was wearing his shirt :D (yes I need to get my head out of the gutter :P)

TameFarrar
April 8th, 2005, 09:41 AM

*is very happy*

Congrats Major Sam :D :D....NOW the SystemLord parties will DEFINITELY liven up :D ;)

Token
April 8th, 2005, 09:45 AM
Originally Posted by sueKay
There's something that's confusing me...

Jack's a Brigadier (I Star) General, while Landry's a Major (2 star) General...How can Jack be his direct superior?

me thinks they may be leading us on!

That's the thing SueKay he can't. Asked my dad this and at least in the Army the more 'stars' the power you have really. It's all about the stars!My dad gave me an hour discussion on this so I know it really well now :p
This is PURE SPECULATION, but what if S9 Jack is appointed as head of Homeworld Security as a civilian director. I know that Director of Homeland Security is a civilian position. Even if Jack was promoted within a year to a two-star general, he would still be a junior to Landry. As a civilian director, he could be Landry's superior and have NO FRAT reg problem. Also, that would match with Kerry's suggestion with a twist. But as has already been said "Anything can happen in scifi."

kiwigater
April 8th, 2005, 09:54 AM
This is PURE SPECULATION, but what if S9 Jack is appointed as head of Homeworld Security as a civilian director. I know that Director of Homeland Security is a civilian position. Even if Jack was promoted within a year to a two-star general, he would still be a junior to Landry. As a civilian director, he could be Landry's superior and have NO FRAT reg problem. Also, that would match with Kerry's suggestion with a twist. But as has already been said "Anything can happen in scifi."

Token, I have to say I really like this scenario! :D It had never occurred to me that (spoiler tags just to be really paranoid) Jack could be a civlian Director! That's a stroke of genius! :D It keeps Jack in control, in a position of power, but out the chain of command, and I really like your point about Landry.

Two big thumbs up for this scenario! :D :D

Cassie
April 8th, 2005, 10:03 AM

I like that idea Token! like you said all Jack as to be is a CIVILLIAN! or not under direct command but he can still be part of everything! Is this too much of us shippers to ask! That's also really cool that your point about Landry too

Token
April 8th, 2005, 10:11 AM
I like that idea Token! like you said all Jack as to be is a CIVILLIAN! or not under direct command but he can still be part of everything! Is this too much of us shippers to ask! That's also really cool that your point about Landry too

If you think you can withstand another discussion with your dad, you could ask him what he thought about it. ;) :p Hey, just remind yourself that your doing research for your Shipper Family. :D I always like to hear what the real military thinks about Stargate. :cool:

sueKay
April 8th, 2005, 10:13 AM
Token...you've turned my middle-of-the-road spec, and made it into something POSITIVE!!!!!!!!!!!

Maybe Jack retires and has to be a General for a while longer (since I've read he's still a General in 'Avalon') before quitting (maybe that's why he's in origin) so that he can be with Sam!

Anyone want a Dr Shipper?

Daniel's_twin
April 8th, 2005, 10:20 AM

I'll take one, please. :cool:

sueKay
April 8th, 2005, 10:45 AM
Okay...here ya go!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v319/sueKay/drshipper.bmp

BTW - YOu might wanna resize your sig pic...as nice as it is to look at!

girlgater
April 8th, 2005, 10:56 AM
Okay...here ya go!

Hi sueKay! Do you have anything Diet?

Thanks!

Cassie
April 8th, 2005, 10:59 AM
Okay...here ya go!

YYYuuummm. Drinking that right now :D Thanks!

Oma-1
April 8th, 2005, 11:00 AM
Diet for me too please :D

*slurp :p yep, it really does taste better :D*

Oma-1
April 8th, 2005, 11:08 AM
Here's a little anecdote for y'all. My husband thinks I am extremely sad because of my only slight, completely harmless, liking for Sam & Jack - okay, complete obsessive mania :p and he pretends to disapprove cos it gives him something to tease me mercilessly with! But, today, he went to order a holster for his air pistol and came back with a little pressie for me. So here I sit, with a stupid big grin :D (rather like that one lol) wearing a Jack O'Neill cap!

*silly dance commences*

It only takes small things to make me happy :D

Which is probably a good thing cos I'll be able to enjoy S9 with whatever small crumb of ship tptb toss our way. :p

Lord Zedd
April 8th, 2005, 11:21 AM
Token...you've turned my middle-of-the-road spec, and made it into something POSITIVE!!!!!!!!!!!

Maybe Jack retires and has to be a General for a while longer (since I've read he's still a General in 'Avalon') before quitting (maybe that's why he's in origin) so that he can be with Sam!

I could use a Dr Shipper right now !! :(

sueKay
April 8th, 2005, 11:36 AM
Here ya go!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v319/sueKay/dietdrshipper.jpg

So people...outline what you think will happen with ship in s9!

sueKay
April 8th, 2005, 11:38 AM
Just a little OT aside

my Atlantis site it DONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://shinybluegate.741.com

Daniel's_twin
April 8th, 2005, 11:47 AM
Okay...here ya go!

I can't right now. My computer's undergoing reconstruction, and all those kinds of programs are kaput. :cool:

CKO
April 8th, 2005, 11:59 AM
oh i'll take a dr. shipper ;)

Lord Zedd
April 8th, 2005, 01:08 PM
hey they moved the shipper thread and all the ship threads cool.This is handy a section for all the ships and such

sueKay
April 8th, 2005, 01:17 PM
Cool!

Lord Zedd
April 8th, 2005, 01:28 PM
cool you can see the shipper archieve !!! I am going to read some of the first posts ever made :D:D:D it is on page 3 !!

badmedicinesg1
April 8th, 2005, 01:30 PM
:) Hi everyone! I'm kinda new here, so please forgive me if I ask anything stupid, etc......

I've been a Sam/Jack shipper for a VERY long time, and I just thought I'd pop in and say "hi". I'll probably be posting here as soon as I get the chance, so see ya soon.

LOL4JACK
April 8th, 2005, 01:35 PM
hey they moved the shipper thread and all the ship threads cool.This is handy a section for all the ships and such
Cool.... Shippiness Rocks! :p

kiwigater
April 8th, 2005, 01:41 PM
:) Hi everyone! I'm kinda new here, so please forgive me if I ask anything stupid, etc......

I've been a Sam/Jack shipper for a VERY long time, and I just thought I'd pop in and say "hi". I'll probably be posting here as soon as I get the chance, so see ya soon.
http://pages.prodigy.net/indianahawkeye/newpage12/17.gif badmedicinesg1! :D

Welcome to the Ship Family :D
And you've made it just in time to help us settle in after the big move! (it was so efficient I didn't even notice until someone pointed it out! :D ). Pull up a chair, your favourite beverage (yes Bev, you can have a drinkie :p ), and tell us about how you came to be a shipper! :D

Lord Zedd
April 8th, 2005, 01:45 PM

hi welcome newbie hope you enjoy your stay in here. And I'll give you some green jello just to say welcome

badmedicinesg1
April 8th, 2005, 01:52 PM
Well, thank you very much, but I do have to say, I much more prefer blue ;)

Uber
April 8th, 2005, 02:02 PM
Well, thank you very much, but I do have to say, I much more prefer blue ;)
(((((((((badmedicinesg1))))))))))

Not to veer you off course or anything from your love of ship, but be sure to check out the Sam's a Great Character" thread too. LOTS of blue Jello to go around...

http://www.powerpromoz.com/stargate/threadsjello.jpg

:D:D:D

sueKay
April 8th, 2005, 02:10 PM
WELCOME BADMEDICINESG1!!!!!

Yup we've just moved! I may be here more often now!!!!

Pull up a chair...I provide the soft drinks...Kiwigater provides anything stronger as MG's not here, and Ship Nana's cookies are LEGENDARY!

badmedicinesg1
April 8th, 2005, 02:11 PM
Well, I kinda got started on the blue jello thing on the Sci-Fi BBoard, so I guess its kind of an inside joke.....but I'll be sure to check it out, thanks :D .
BTW, do you guys know any good sites that have some new Sam/Jack fic? There hav'nt realy been any new stories posted on gateworld and helio.....

Uber
April 8th, 2005, 02:15 PM
Well, I kinda got started on the blue jello thing on the Sci-Fi BBoard, so I guess its kind of an inside joke.....but I'll be sure to check it out, thanks :D .
BTW, do you guys know any good sites that have some new Sam/Jack fic? There hav'nt realy been any new stories posted on gateworld and helio.....
Ahem. Um, *cough*

Please feel free to read my two stories - and if you do, be sure to review them!

sueKay
April 8th, 2005, 02:28 PM
You can always read mines

http://www.fanfiction.net/~suekay04 - is where you'll find all my G and PG stories

http://s10.invisionfree.com/Intel_Fanfiction - a wee fic archive!

badmedicinesg1
April 8th, 2005, 02:33 PM
Thanks much! Will read and review!

Queen_Bee
April 8th, 2005, 02:36 PM
hey hey hey fine shippers..

SueKay i think u asked a while back to outline our thoughts on ship for S9,
well..
to be honest i have no idea what they have in store or how much ship they intend to dwell on..i mean we were pretty lucky to get a heap at the end of S8...but hmmm....RDA is in the first eps that AT is not in..i hope that they refer to it in some way..well i hope they explain her abscence!!
anyways..they are gonna have to do something..unless they want to leave us hanging and wait until the end of the season...

lurve and omlettes
Bee

Uber
April 8th, 2005, 03:29 PM
Here's a nice little shippy moment in a non-shippy episode:

http://www.powerpromoz.com/stargate/sacrificesgrab.jpg

http://www.powerpromoz.com/stargate/sacrificesgrab2.jpg

:D

ses110
April 8th, 2005, 03:42 PM
Amen Mary.I love your Hollyweird.Hollyweird has never been shy on voicing there views on anything.TPTB could have come up with many creative ways to get Sam and Jack together.TPTB should have put Sam and Jack together in Season 4.TPTB could have brought the relationship along slowly and kept the focus on the Team.The Ship would not be hanging over the Show and every once in a while we could have seen a nice Sam and Jack Ship Scene.Sam and Jack looked like fools for so long because TPTB did not give us one Adult conversation.

ses110
April 8th, 2005, 03:51 PM
Gatewatcher I though the same thing.Let's hope they were called for some Season 9 shots.Even if it was not for Season 9 I really hope RDA comes in for a some Nice Sam and Jack Scenes.It does not have to be a whole episode.I'am still holding out hope.I have all the respect for RDA decison to leave but it would be lousy if Jack's last episode is episode 3 and we do not see Sam and Jack again.

LOL4JACK
April 8th, 2005, 03:55 PM
WELCOME BADMEDICINESG1!!!!!

Yup we've just moved! I may be here more often now!!!!

Pull up a chair...I provide the soft drinks...Kiwigater provides anything stronger as MG's not here, and Ship Nana's cookies are LEGENDARY!
Welcome BadmedicineSG1, I'm still new around here but I can see it is one of the best places to be :p :p...

There is even cake sometimes and always a good party!

ses110
April 8th, 2005, 04:02 PM
Tame I do not get it either.It was pretty clear in Threads Sam was going to tell Jack she loved him or had very deep feelings.Pete is gone Kerry is gone the Regs are gone and now where suppose to beleive Sam and Jack want to be far apart from each other.Unless Sam is working on something vital to Earth's safety or Sam does not know the Regs are gone I must be missing something.I have plenty of questions for TPTB.I should not say this but I'am not surprised if MS said that about Sam and Jack.MS did not sound upset at all about RDA leaving.MS cannot wait to be the Star of SG-1.MS tried to make it on his own and he found out real quick he is not the Star he though he was.Sorry if I upset anyone.I had to say that.

LOL4JACK
April 8th, 2005, 04:03 PM
Did anyone say....
-The Curse?
When Jack was asking her it looked like she was wearing his shirt :D (yes I need to get my head out of the gutter :P)
THank you Cassie... that's 4!

I can't believe there are no more "Let's go fishing" moments... :(

Anybody with the 5th?

Token
April 8th, 2005, 04:11 PM
I know some people don't like "The Gamekeeper", but I just find it sooo amusing. I grew up with the A-Team TV show and always liked the actor that played the gamekeeper. Anyway, it just finished on SciFi, and I heard a shippy moment I hadn't caught before. At the end of the episode, the gamekeeper is upset the residents are picking the flowers. The camera is on the gamekeeper's reactions, and SG-1 is preparing to leave off camera. You can hear Jack say, "Thank ya, ma'am" to Sam as she hands him is machine gun. I'm not sure it was scripted, but it was a cute moment. Doesn't matter how many times I see an episode, I can still find new tidbits to enjoy. :D And, of course, I LOVE sharing them with my Shipper Family!! :cool: ((((((((Family)))))))

dipsofjazz
April 8th, 2005, 04:14 PM
:D I've never noticed that Token. I must watch it again. I also love the way you see new things in the eps. Please keep us informed! :p

samisjacksgal
April 8th, 2005, 04:36 PM
wow............i cant believe i was away from here for a month!

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((SHIPPER FAMILY))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

well as i havent got much to contribute lol, is it ok if i repeat this:

SAM AND JACK, SAM AND JACK, SAM AND JACK, SAM AND JACK, SAM AND JACK, SAM AND JACK!

:p :D :p :D :p :D :p :D :p :D :p :D

o i forgot for FOREVER AND EVER lol :p ;) :D

Cassie
April 8th, 2005, 04:54 PM
To honor blue...

WELCOME Badmedicinesg1!

WELCOME BACK Samisjacksgal!

(((((((Shipper Family)))))))

badmedicinesg1
April 8th, 2005, 05:04 PM
Mind if I ask a stupid question?
Where do I go to get my avi and sig to show up?

Uber
April 8th, 2005, 05:04 PM
wow............i cant believe i was away from here for a month!

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((SHIPPER FAMILY))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

well as i havent got much to contribute lol, is it ok if i repeat this:

SAM AND JACK, SAM AND JACK, SAM AND JACK, SAM AND JACK, SAM AND JACK, SAM AND JACK!

:p :D :p :D :p :D :p :D :p :D :p :D

o i forgot for FOREVER AND EVER lol :p ;) :D
I'm sorry...I find your words confusing and unclear.

What EXACTLY is your position regarding O'Neill and Carter?

girlgater
April 8th, 2005, 05:06 PM
I know some people don't like "The Gamekeeper", but I just find it sooo amusing. I grew up with the A-Team TV show and always liked the actor that played the gamekeeper. Anyway, it just finished on SciFi, and I heard a shippy moment I hadn't caught before. At the end of the episode, the gamekeeper is upset the residents are picking the flowers. The camera is on the gamekeeper's reactions, and SG-1 is preparing to leave off camera. You can hear Jack say, "Thank ya, ma'am" to Sam as she hands him is machine gun. I'm not sure it was scripted, but it was a cute moment. Doesn't matter how many times I see an episode, I can still find new tidbits to enjoy. :D And, of course, I LOVE sharing them with my Shipper Family!! :cool: ((((((((Family)))))))

I can't believe I hadn't recognized Murdock! Thanks so much for pointing that out. I noticed the "thank ya, ma'am" too. Definitely a shippy moment! :D

dipsofjazz
April 8th, 2005, 05:13 PM
:D Hi there. Welcome to the shipper family. If you look at the top of the page, you'll find "My Controls". Click on that and you'll find all the stuff about sigs and avatars on the left hand side. Feel free to ask if you need any more help. :D

Cassie
April 8th, 2005, 05:14 PM

I think this is right!
For your avatar..
-click on "My Controls"
-click on "Edit Avatar"
-then you can click on a pic. and click "Save Changes"

For your sig.
-click on "My Controls"
-click on "Edit Sig."
-then you can type what you want or add a pic.

hope this works! :D

parsifal
April 8th, 2005, 06:15 PM
Obviously, we're still awaiting some kind of positive spoilers for Sam/Jack. To help keep up our spirits, here are a couple of large, classic shippy images. Enjoy!

http://img109.exs.cx/img109/5633/amandatappingstargate0871po.th.jpg (http://img109.exs.cx/img109/5633/amandatappingstargate0871po.jpg) http://img219.exs.cx/img219/2025/amandatappingstargate0958jw.th.jpg (http://img219.exs.cx/img219/2025/amandatappingstargate0958jw.jpg)

Hex.FTB.enabled
April 8th, 2005, 07:11 PM
*pops head in again* Hey we moved, cool! I know I'm relatively new to this thread, but since school has been a particular headache this week, I just wanted to say thanks to everyone. As a long-time shipper, this is fun place to come on study breaks! :)

badmedicinesg1
April 8th, 2005, 08:36 PM
thanks much dipsofjazz and cassie!

badmedicinesg1
April 8th, 2005, 08:40 PM
Ahem. Um, *cough*

Please feel free to read my two stories - and if you do, be sure to review them!
OMG!!! I just finished reading the first one!! It was really awesome! Working on the next.......

Uber
April 8th, 2005, 10:39 PM
JM's online right now....

majorsal
April 8th, 2005, 10:47 PM
Just a little thing I wanted to share with you guys. Last night, I was lying in bed and making up an S/J story. In one part, I had Sam and Janet talking about Jack's charms. I had Sam say... I'm going to put this in spoiler tags because it's a bit risque. "Just having a conversation with him, I need a condom."

Sally :p

Alaskhah
April 8th, 2005, 10:49 PM
ROFL! Is this going to be a fanfic, or just for your own personal entertainment?

badmedicinesg1
April 8th, 2005, 10:51 PM
Okay, I have another question-
Can I use a custom avatar, and if so, how do I do that?

majorsal
April 8th, 2005, 10:58 PM
ROFL! Is this going to be a fanfic, or just for your own personal entertainment?

Personal. :p

majorsal
April 8th, 2005, 11:07 PM
spoilers for s8's moebius 2

Another thing I wanted to share. A few days ago, I was reading on the Moebius 2 thread, and came upon a post that had a really nice sentiment about Sam and Jack. Here's the link to the post http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost.php?p=414682&postcount=316 , and here's my fave part of what she said: "If there was something serious underlying the comedic character assassination, I take it as the message that Sam and Jack et al. became the people they are because of each other and their mission -- had they not had that, their lives and even personalities would have been much different."

That sounded nice. ;)

Alaskhah
April 8th, 2005, 11:23 PM
That is so totally what I got from it! It's like their being a team and being together created the confidence in each of them to be the "warriors" that they are today. For Daniel & Sam, this meant more of the "kick-butt" attitude. For Jack, more of the ...I don't want to say vulnerability, but in Moebius, he appeared to have never gotten over the death of his son, so I guess more of an emotional, tenderness kind of strength (especially when it comes to a certain blue-eyed blonde Colonel we know... :rolleyes: )

Uber
April 9th, 2005, 12:11 AM
That is so totally what I got from it! It's like their being a team and being together created the confidence in each of them to be the "warriors" that they are today. For Daniel & Sam, this meant more of the "kick-butt" attitude. For Jack, more of the ...I don't want to say vulnerability, but in Moebius, he appeared to have never gotten over the death of his son, so I guess more of an emotional, tenderness kind of strength (especially when it comes to a certain blue-eyed blonde Colonel we know... :rolleyes: )
Apparently, the alternates relative coolness factor was also affected by participating with the Stargate program...as was whether or not they'd wear glasses.

Before involvement with the Stargate...UNCOOL. :eek:

http://www.powerpromoz.com/stargate/mobuncool.jpg

After GOING THROUGH the Stargate...COOL. :cool:

http://www.powerpromoz.com/stargate/mobcool.jpg

I think I've made my point here... :cool:

Alaskhah
April 9th, 2005, 01:01 AM
Well, of course, because Jack's coolness factor was enough for all of them...Everyone wants to be as cool as Jack...:P

sg-1fanintn
April 9th, 2005, 01:08 AM
Mary Beth---Cute coolness posts above!

By the way, I just posted my first fan fic.....a missing scene from THREADS. It's posted at:

http://www.gateworld.net/fanfic/archive/34/realizations.html

I welcome the comments of fellow "shippers."

Oma-1
April 9th, 2005, 01:59 AM
What is with this the server is too busy message?! I seem to get it every other post! I think this may be contributing to the reasons why the thread isn't as busy as usual. Last night I couldn't get back on the thread for over an hour :( so I gave up and played with photosuite instead. Lots of new shippy pics in the making so there's always a silver lining :)

Talking of silver linings, i just read your ff, sg-1fanintn. I really like the way you show (I'll spoiler this for those that haven't read it yet) Kerry figuring out what's going on with Sam & Jack. Fills in the gap just nicely :) I still like the woman. Great stuff for a first fic. :)

florence
April 9th, 2005, 02:52 AM
Hi everyone.
Do you enjoy our new home ? :) I swear, I didn't know it would make such a fuss so fast when I posted my little idea about creating new forum folders :o
I like what admins have done and I think it will be easier for everyone to find what they're looking for :)

Welcome badmedicinesg1 and all the other newbies I'd have missed :)

Sally - You've got one dirty mind :p I laughed when I read it though

Mary Beth - Nice pics :) There are never enough SJ pics as fas as I'm concerned :D

PS : This 'server too busy' thing is getting very annoying. I had to re-type my whole post cause when I tried to submit my reply, here it was again : 'server too busy' :mad:

dipsofjazz
April 9th, 2005, 07:14 AM

By the way, I just posted my first fan fic.....a missing scene from THREADS. It's posted at:

:D I love this story. It fills in the gaps very nicely! :D

Lord Zedd
April 9th, 2005, 07:49 AM
PS : This 'server too busy' thing is getting very annoying. I had to re-type my whole post cause when I tried to submit my reply, here it was again : 'server too busy' :mad:
yeah I know it is very annoying always getting that message :mad: I thought they took care of the problem

sueKay
April 9th, 2005, 08:24 AM
Yeah...GWs crashing for me WAY too often...I'm beginning to miss OktaGone....maybe they should look into another host as soon as this contract is done.

As for Murdoch in the A Team...I've met him...and he's even wilder in real life!!!!!!

SAM AND JACK FOREVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ForeverSg1
April 9th, 2005, 08:27 AM
Hope you are all having a very shippy weekend!!

http://img143.exs.cx/img143/4816/diealone5dv.jpg

ForeverSG1

LOL4JACK
April 9th, 2005, 08:35 AM

ForeverSG1
Just received Season 4 in DVD!!!! Shippy Weekend :p

ForeverSg1
April 9th, 2005, 08:52 AM
Here's a nice little shippy moment in a non-shippy episode:

http://www.powerpromoz.com/stargate/sacrificesgrab2.jpg

Sam: (thinking) Holy Hannah, he's touching me.
Jack: (thinking) Holy crap, I'm touching her!
Sam: (thinking) Wow
Jack: (thinking) Wow
Jack: (thinking) I should probably let go.
Sam: (thinking) ...please don't let go...
Jack: Umm...*cough*
Sam: I should ... (points to leave)
Jack: Yeah
Jack removes his hands from Sam's shoulders.
Sam/Jack: (simultaneously under their breath) Damn.

Hehe, couldn't help myself.

Anubis
April 9th, 2005, 09:18 AM
Sam: (thinking) Holy Hannah, he's touching me.
Jack: (thinking) Holy crap, I'm touching her!
Sam: (thinking) Wow
Jack: (thinking) Wow
Jack: (thinking) I should probably let go.
Sam: (thinking) ...please don't let go...
Jack: Umm...*cough*
Sam: I should ... (points to leave)
Jack: Yeah
Jack removes his hands from Sam's shoulders.
Sam/Jack: (simultaneously under their breath) Damn.

Hehe, couldn't help myself.

Isn't that how it DID happen? :P

kiwigater
April 9th, 2005, 09:24 AM
Yeah...GWs crashing for me WAY too often...I'm beginning to miss OktaGone....maybe they should look into another host as soon as this contract is done.

As for Murdoch in the A Team...I've met him...and he's even wilder in real life!!!!!!

SAM AND JACK FOREVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
yes, well, I'm not entirely sure we think we are missing Oktagone.... :S

Florence, don't worry! We've been bandying around the new folder scenario for a while, I think we just hit critical mass on both the comments in favour of it, and the recent profusion of "ship" threads.... Anyway, I think it's a good thing :D

sueKay
April 9th, 2005, 09:59 AM
I'm with KG...got those Bar and Grill keys handy? I could use a drink!

kiwigater
April 9th, 2005, 10:05 AM
I'm with KG...got those Bar and Grill keys handy? I could use a drink!
Absolutely! :D Hmmm, keys, keys, now where did I put those...

http://www.deabath.com/Keys/key1.jpg
Ah yes! Bring it on :D http://pages.prodigy.net/indianahawkeye/newpage08/12.gif

*raises drink* Here's hoping TPTB are as creative, imaginitive and thoughtful as all the wonderful people in this Family :D

sueKay
April 9th, 2005, 10:13 AM
If they were...they'd be walking around with rose tinted spectavles and wide grins plastered to their faces!

So...How about a wee trip down memory lane????

Sam: Me...I'm not tense...When did you first notice?
Jack: As we MET!

Think back to that briefing room scene!!!!

Personally...I'd still love to see that arm wrestling match!

melpomene
April 9th, 2005, 10:33 AM
Arm wrestling match? hmmmmm I'll drink to that!!!

Uber
April 9th, 2005, 10:42 AM

Nice way to sew up Threads.

Cassie
April 9th, 2005, 01:59 PM
If you think you can withstand another discussion with your dad, you could ask him what he thought about it. ;) :p Hey, just remind yourself that your doing research for your Shipper Family. :D I always like to hear what the real military thinks about Stargate. :cool:

Hey Tame :D

Was able to sneak in another question (doesn't know I'm a shipper :P) Asked about who is in charge of 'Homeland Security'. He wasn' really sure but he said the people in charge and in HS are alll Civilian Yay! hope he's right!

Uber
April 9th, 2005, 02:57 PM

http://img143.exs.cx/img143/4816/diealone5dv.jpg

ForeverSG1
Great pic, Kat!

Well it's my 600th post on GW and I had to make sure it was posted in one of my favorite threads...the J/S shipper fam.

Happy shipping everyone!!! :D

http://www.powerpromoz.com/stargate/neworder_promotion2.jpg

Alaskhah
April 9th, 2005, 03:02 PM
Congrats on 600, Uber!!! :D

I'm gonna have to go on a run to 200 here pretty soon :P

Baal_babe1
April 9th, 2005, 03:44 PM
*Sneaks in meekly* hi, its been a while...life has gotten in my way :D but thats ok, Tauripeg aka mama got a puppy her name is Luci and we have spent more time with her than on the net.

gatebee
April 9th, 2005, 04:31 PM
Great pic, Kat!

Well it's my 600th post on GW and I had to make sure it was posted in one of my favorite threads...the J/S shipper fam.

Happy shipping everyone!!! :D

http://www.powerpromoz.com/stargate/neworder_promotion2.jpg
our SAm and Jack "always" looks great together....thanks for sharing the pic

TameFarrar
April 9th, 2005, 04:36 PM

Was able to sneak in another question (doesn't know I'm a shipper :P) Asked about who is in charge of 'Homeland Security'. He wasn' really sure but he said the people in charge and in HS are alll Civilian Yay! hope he's right!
Hey Cassie :D

but I hope you know that you quoted Token not me..:) but I love Hey's ALL the time :D :D :D

Glad you were able to sneak in another question there to your Dad...I know being a former Military spouse (of 10 very long years) that he is INDEED correct :D...so maybe ...maybe..MAYBE...Yes that is me getting my hopes all up and shippy :D

dipsofjazz
April 9th, 2005, 04:42 PM

but I hope you know that you quoted Token not me..:) but I love Hey's ALL the time :D :D :D

Glad you were able to sneak in another question there to your Dad...I know being a former Military spouse (of 10 very long years) that he is INDEED correct :D...so maybe ...maybe..MAYBE...Yes that is me getting my hopes all up and shippy :D
:D *waves to Tame* Now you've all got my hopes up...and shippy! :D

samisjacksgal
April 9th, 2005, 04:55 PM
I'm sorry...I find your words confusing and unclear.

What EXACTLY is your position regarding O'Neill and Carter?

position? ....hmmmmm......Front row for big smoochies..and a "i love you"......heh a girl can dream cant she ;) :D :D

Cassie
April 9th, 2005, 06:43 PM

Woops well both of your names start with (T) (Cass trying to think of a good excuse and failed :P)

Yay I'm so happy!!! Made my night Tame Thanks!!! :D
HOPE!

Cassie
April 9th, 2005, 06:46 PM
Beautiful Kat! Hope your having a very shippy weakend too :D

CONGRULATIONS Uber on your 600th post!!!!!

Blaise
April 9th, 2005, 07:31 PM
I've been reading some of the S/J fanfic winners...i hope to read ALL of the nominees at some point lol. Anyway, just read 'What will it take?' By SG1-Fanfic...FANTASTIC story!! I got a cramp in my neck reading it lol, it's long, but I couldn't drag myself away from it.

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2071449/1/

gatebee
April 9th, 2005, 08:20 PM

wow we can now really dream of more fishing for Sam and Jack in S9. Thanks for that few lights of hope to tie me over till S9 starts....

Uber
April 9th, 2005, 08:28 PM
CONGRATULATIONS Uber on your 600th post!!!!!
Thank you.

'Tweren't nothing for a blabbermouth like me.

Baal_babe1
April 9th, 2005, 08:56 PM
which of course reminds me...i still need to finish writing Plagues and Dimensions...

majorsal
April 9th, 2005, 09:38 PM

ooh, i hope! :D

but, isn't merely having jack and sam not serving under the same command (him evaluating her) good enough? i think it is. but i still like the civilian idea too. :D

sally :D

Hex.FTB.enabled
April 9th, 2005, 10:10 PM
So...How about a wee trip down memory lane????

Sam: I want you.
Jack: Why?! I mean, no!

One of my favorites. :D

Elkeli
April 10th, 2005, 01:27 AM
Hey guys, just an update on the video situation....

its complete, but posting is pending :D yay!

i'm so proud, i've never made a vid before!

And if your around Caty go have a squiz at ur PM at Intel :D

Oma-1
April 10th, 2005, 09:37 AM
Sam: I want you.
Jack: Why?! I mean, no!

One of my favorites. :D

That's one of mine too :p Aside from Jack's obvious willingness :D show's his insecurities too. Even then he didn't think he was good enough for her. We all know what Sam thinks though don't we! :D Here's another of my faves.

Jack: (sarcastically) You really know how to have fun don't ya Carter?
Sam: I'm having fun now, Sir!
Jack: You go girl!

Yeah! Go kick some replicator butt :p I like seeing them fighting together - rather fortunate as we get it more often than ship :rolleyes:

sg-1fanintn
April 10th, 2005, 10:50 AM
That exchange isn't ringing a bell with me. In what episode did it appear?

Oma-1
April 10th, 2005, 10:53 AM
That exchange isn't ringing a bell with me. In what episode did it appear?
S5 ..... give me a minute, I'm thinking! It's beginning of the season when they have been thrown into the other galaxy by the sun exploding and are on board Apophis' ship (which has been taken over by the replicators). They're trying to get some control crystals to fix the hyperdrive .... still can't remember the name of the ep .... off to check the dvd collection :p

Oma-1
April 10th, 2005, 10:54 AM
Enemies :p

Shame on me for forgetting *shakes head in shame* :p

Oma-1
April 10th, 2005, 11:01 AM
(((((((((((((Uber SG-1 Fan)))))))))))))))))

MB, congrats on 600 posts. Wish I'd been online at the time for the party :p

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v685/Oma-1/Thinking.jpg

Jack: Did you know about the party?
Sam: Apparently they had cake.
Jack: Without me??????????
Sam: *gives the look*
Jack: Er, I mean ... Without us?????????

I sincerely hope there was cake! :p

Hex.FTB.enabled
April 10th, 2005, 11:01 AM
Enemies :p

Shame on me for forgetting *shakes head in shame* :p

I always liked the exchange between jacob/jack and sam's comment: "Welcome to my life." :D

Oma-1
April 10th, 2005, 11:03 AM
I always liked the exchange between jacob/jack and sam's comment: "Welcome to my life." :D
lol! I'd forgotten that one. That's a great moment! Jack just looks even more confused as she walks off :p

girlgater
April 10th, 2005, 11:09 AM
Question---When did Jacob first realize what was going on between Sam and Jack? Did he initially approve, I wonder? :rolleyes:

Oma-1
April 10th, 2005, 11:12 AM
Question---When did Jacob first realize what was going on between Sam and Jack? Did he initially approve, I wonder? :rolleyes:
I *really* don't know the answer to this question. Sometimes I wonder if he picked it up in Seth, other times I think does he know at all? I think the first actual reference was Threads!

badmedicinesg1
April 10th, 2005, 11:15 AM
*really* don't know the answer to this question. Sometimes I wonder if he picked it up in Seth, other times I think does he know at all? I think the first actual reference was SPOILERS (Highlight below to read):
I think Jacob has known for a very long time.......I'm thinking Seth would probably be a good guess, but we DO know that he knew because of everything he said to her in the above episode.

girlgater
April 10th, 2005, 11:18 AM
I wasn't sure when he first recognized it either. Perhaps you're right and he didn't until Threads. Maybe with the AF background he never allowed himself to think it might happen. He knew that Sam's career was important to her. Maybe he realized when he was dying that life was too short to allow rules & regs to stand in the way.

Oma-1
April 10th, 2005, 11:20 AM
I think Jacob has known for a very long time.......I'm thinking Seth would probably be a good guess, but we DO know that he knew because of everything he said to her in the above episode.
Yup! Which brings us back to the original question :p

Ooooh, lightbulb moment! (sometimes my brain works sooooo sllllloooowwwwwwllyyyyyyy :p) Do you think he guessed here ...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v685/Oma-1/cf12d760.jpg

Don't they look so adorable together? :p

Oma-1
April 10th, 2005, 11:23 AM
I wasn't sure when he first recognized it either. Perhaps you're right and he didn't until Threads. Maybe with the AF background he never allowed himself to think it might happen. He knew that Sam's career was important to her. Maybe he realized when he was dying that life was too short to allow rules & regs to stand in the way.
Maybe he picked it up earlier, but like you said, wouldn't allow it to be an option because of his AF background. Maybe Selmack had something to do with softening Jacob over the years, like he did with Mark in Seth?

girlgater
April 10th, 2005, 11:25 AM
Yup! Which brings us back to the original question :p

Ooooh, lightbulb moment! (sometimes my brain works sooooo sllllloooowwwwwwllyyyyyyy :p) Do you think he guessed here ...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v685/Oma-1/cf12d760.jpg

Don't they look so adorable together? :p

Ohhhh. You may be right! They were very comfortable with each other. Perhaps that is when he first caught a hint. I'm sure there were other episodes where Sam/Jack/Jacob were together that he could have picked up on the fact that Jack was protective of Sam (more than he should have been). ;)

badmedicinesg1
April 10th, 2005, 11:30 AM
Ohhhh. You may be right! They were very comfortable with each other. Perhaps that is when he first caught a hint. I'm sure there were other episodes where Sam/Jack/Jacob were together that he could have picked up on the fact that Jack was protective of Sam (more than he should have been).
While I'm at my mom's this week (with no internet :( :( :( :( :( ) I'm sooo gonna have a look through my DVD's and check it out.

Oma-1
April 10th, 2005, 11:39 AM
I just voted on the Ultimate Sam Ep Poll and I thought ya might be interested in why I voted for Grace - cos it kinda has a bearing on the current Jacob discussion.

I had to go vote Grace in the end, after much ummming and ahhhhhing. Purely because I think Sam really comes to grips with who she is and what she wants in that ep. MOHO is that when Jack said "I'm a safe bet" he was saying to Sam that she could always rely on him, a la "Always" in Threads, rather than she was using him so she wouldn't have to risk herself with someone else. The bonus of this line of thought being I can just ignore the whole :eek: fiasco! :p

Jacob makes Sam think really hard in this ep about what she wants and what will make her happy. I think Jacob must have known how Sam felt about Jack by this time, and let Sam know he knew (if you see what I mean :p) cos otherwise she wouldn't have hallucinated the conversation with Jacob in the way she did.

Oooh, brain is starting to ache!

gatewatcher
April 10th, 2005, 11:42 AM
Here's a little anecdote for y'all. My husband thinks I am extremely sad because of my only slight, completely harmless, liking for Sam & Jack - okay, complete obsessive mania :p and he pretends to disapprove cos it gives him something to tease me mercilessly with! But, today, he went to order a holster for his air pistol and came back with a little pressie for me. So here I sit, with a stupid big grin :D (rather like that one lol) wearing a Jack O'Neill cap!

*silly dance commences*

It only takes small things to make me happy :D

Which is probably a good thing cos I'll be able to enjoy S9 with whatever small crumb of ship tptb toss our way. :p
I'll bet you look absolutely adorable,too!! ;)

gatewatcher
April 10th, 2005, 11:45 AM

WELCOME!!! Have a great time posting.

gatewatcher
April 10th, 2005, 11:49 AM
Gatewatcher I though the same thing.Let's hope they were called for some Season 9 shots.Even if it was not for Season 9 I really hope RDA comes in for a some Nice Sam and Jack Scenes.It does not have to be a whole episode.I'am still holding out hope.I have all the respect for RDA decison to leave but it would be lousy if Jack's last episode is episode 3 and we do not see Sam and Jack again.
I agree with you 100%. It would be lousy,...and I also respect his decision. Maybe we'll get really lucky :)

fan of jack
April 10th, 2005, 11:53 AM
Does jack really need any encouragement to think about sam?

gatewatcher
April 10th, 2005, 11:54 AM
Apparently, the alternates relative coolness factor was also affected by participating with the Stargate program...as was whether or not they'd wear glasses.

Before involvement with the Stargate...UNCOOL. :eek:

http://www.powerpromoz.com/stargate/mobuncool.jpg

After GOING THROUGH the Stargate...COOL. :cool:

http://www.powerpromoz.com/stargate/mobcool.jpg

I think I've made my point here... :cool:

Oh, yes......point made and very well!! :)

Oma-1
April 10th, 2005, 11:55 AM
Does jack really need any encouragement to think about sam?
Not really, but we like to give him as much encouragement as possible! :p

Welcome to the family. :)

sueKay
April 10th, 2005, 12:07 PM
Hello my shipper family!!!!

CONGRATS UBER!!!!!!

Welcome any and all newbies

Welcome back everyone who has come back!

As for when Jacob first noticed...I'd say right away in Secrets...I think he definitely liked Jack, but was not keen on the obvious spark between this man and his little girl...I think once he got to know Jack a bit better and the line of work they were involved with, he began to see Jack as someone other than Sam's CO, but I think they truely became friends in season three...I think that's when Jacob became a shipper!

badmedicinesg1
April 10th, 2005, 12:10 PM
I think it would be really sweet to have a few scenes of them going on a date or hanging out at his house...something like that. Even better would be a whole episode about the two of them, but that's never gonna happen, so I'm hoping for a scene every now and then with them together, kinda like they did with Pete ~cringes at his name~. I mean, come on, if TPTB are going to waste a whole friggin episode on Sam and Pete, why can't we just get a few scenes with Sam and Jack?

badmedicinesg1
April 10th, 2005, 12:13 PM
Originally posted by sueKay
I think that's when Jacob became a shipper!
WOW, I never thought of it that way! JACOB WAS A SHIPPER!! Wow, we really are good at coverting people! Go shippers. :D

Alaskhah
April 10th, 2005, 12:30 PM
I figure even if Jacob didn't know, Selmak probably figured it out, being the all-wise symbiote that it was. I agree, Jacob probably didn't like it at first, but Selmak won him over...

LOL4JACK
April 10th, 2005, 12:37 PM
I think it would be really sweet to have a few scenes of them going on a date or hanging out at his house...something like that. Even better would be a whole episode about the two of them, but that's never gonna happen, so I'm hoping for a scene every now and then with them together, kinda like they did with Pete ~cringes at his name~. I mean, come on, if TPTB are going to waste a whole friggin episode on Sam and Pete, why can't we just get a few scenes with Sam and Jack?
Couldn't said it better myself!

One friggin episode!
One friggin kiss
One friggin "I Love You"

ForeverSg1
April 10th, 2005, 12:40 PM
I've decided that in order to truly enjoy Sam and Jack's new relationship, I have to purge myself of the ill feelings I have regarding season seven/eight and Pete. I tried to look at things through Jack's eyes and how he managed to deal with things for so long. I'm not 100% there yet, but I think I'm on my way. This is what my shippy heart came up with to push all those bad feelings aside and start believing again.

Her Future (http://img209.exs.cx/img209/7521/love3re.jpg)

P.S You'll have to forgive me ... I know I'm not a poet but it's all I had to work with. ;) :p

ForeverSG1(Kat)

sg-1fanintn
April 10th, 2005, 12:44 PM
Works for me!

sueKay
April 10th, 2005, 12:45 PM
The way I look at it...the good outweighs the bad...we've had a lot of kisses for two people in the same chain of command prior to Threads

so many cute and funny moments
angst
tragedy

and how many times have you felt like yelling at one of them (ie The Lost City when Jack stops her from talking)

LOL4JACK
April 10th, 2005, 12:48 PM
I've decided that in order to truly enjoy Sam and Jack's new relationship, I have to purge myself of the ill feelings I have regarding season seven/eight and Pete...

ForeverSG1(Kat)
Pete? Who's Pete? :p

Hex.FTB.enabled
April 10th, 2005, 12:56 PM
A lot of good points. I agree that focusing on all the good moments will make everyone feel better in the end. As for when Jacob first realized/became a shipper (hee!) I think that's hard to pinpoint for certain. Part of why I loved the banter between Jacob and Jack in Enemies in my above post is that it always felt like a bit of father/son dynamic......perhaps future father/son-in-law dynamic....:D

MajorSam
April 10th, 2005, 01:07 PM
I've decided that in order to truly enjoy Sam and Jack's new relationship, I have to purge myself of the ill feelings I have regarding season seven/eight and Pete. I tried to look at things through Jack's eyes and how he managed to deal with things for so long. I'm not 100% there yet, but I think I'm on my way. This is what my shippy heart came up with to push all those bad feelings aside and start believing again.

Her Future (http://img209.exs.cx/img209/7521/love3re.jpg)

P.S You'll have to forgive me ... I know I'm not a poet but it's all I had to work with. ;) :p

ForeverSG1(Kat)

BRILLIANT! I loved it! I was like "AWWWWW" The whole time! Then at the end I was like "heheheheh, SO true!!!!" Rubbing hands together evilly. Sucks to be Potato!!!

badmedicinesg1
April 10th, 2005, 01:23 PM
A lot of good points. I agree that focusing on all the good moments will make everyone feel better in the end. As for when Jacob first realized/became a shipper (hee!) I think that's hard to pinpoint for certain. Part of why I loved the banter between Jacob and Jack in Enemies in my above post is that it always felt like a bit of father/son dynamic......perhaps future father/son-in-law dynamic....

Don't forget the fact that Jacob always let Jack call him 'Dad' but when it came to Pete~cringe~ Jacob was all 'you7 actually have to marry my daughter first" GO JACOB!!~fighting back tears~I really do miss that guy..... :(

Oma-1
April 10th, 2005, 01:25 PM
That's great! I really like the poem :) And the background is lovely. Two thumbs up :)

badmedicinesg1
April 10th, 2005, 01:29 PM
And to continue my earlier rant:
They had better not give us that "it will upset the other shippers if we put Sam and Jack together", because, I , for one, was COMPLETELY against the Pete/Sam thing and I know many more were.

I do believe I am pretty much over the whole kill Pete thing, because he's gone now, but it sure was fun hating him...

GREAT poem by the way!

badmedicinesg1
April 10th, 2005, 01:37 PM
Well, bye all, will talk to you all next week!

Hex.FTB.enabled
April 10th, 2005, 02:11 PM
Don't forget the fact that Jacob always let Jack call him 'Dad' but when it came to Pete~cringe~ Jacob was all 'you7 actually have to marry my daughter first" GO JACOB!!~fighting back tears~I really do miss that guy..... :(
*blinks* When did Jack call Jacob Dad??

Oma-1
April 10th, 2005, 02:31 PM
Brain is completely blank! I know Jack's called Jacob "dad" at least twice, but I can't remember any of the ep names :o

Lord Zedd
April 10th, 2005, 02:32 PM
just for the fun of it. But Jack really liked Jacob. You could really tell that Jack had respect for Jacob and that he was willing to become a Tok'ra !! Plus it is the man who is the father of Sam so why else you think ;)

Sorry that I can't post much but I have wayyyyyy to much homework !! :(

Uber
April 10th, 2005, 02:44 PM
Brain is completely blank! I know Jack's called Jacob "dad" at least twice, but I can't remember any of the ep names :o
Well I know he referred to him as DAD in JOLINAR'S MEMORIES.

At the very beginning when the Stargate was engaging...the iris shuts. Jack and Sam walk into the Control room.
SAM: What’s up?
GATE TECHNICIAN: Receiving GDO transmission, sir. It’s the Tok’ra.
JACK: Open the iris. Maybe it’s Dad.

Uber
April 10th, 2005, 02:51 PM
Another time is in the episode SETH.

Sam and Jack et al in ATF tent... Sam is working on the earpiece to set the electical charge and looking through a microscope at the device.
JACK: Carter?
SAM: It'll work, sir, assuming Dad's right.
O'NEILL: (to Jacob) Dad?

sueKay
April 10th, 2005, 03:02 PM
Okay...I think it was season five that Jack called Jacob dad...goes off to look for quote.

Oh! Wait...I think it was in season three....

hang on...

Dammit...I can't find it!

Here's a good wee snippet though!

JACOB: Welcome to Revanna.

CARTER: Hi Dad.

JACOB: It's good to see you Sam. Jack, how are you?

O'NEILL: Kinda curious.

A reference to Jacob as Dad

Sam and Jack are at the top of the corridor, getting in as much air as the can, the water's rapidly rising.

JACK: Your dad's cutting it a little clo ---

Still no luck...I'll keep looking

sueKay
April 10th, 2005, 03:07 PM
UBER - I was SURE it was Seth...I read that transcript and missed it!

sueKay
April 10th, 2005, 03:10 PM
Hee hee...I made this up for Jack

Jack O'Neill
J is for jackass
A is for adorable
C is for cuddleable
K is for kickass
O is for oh so HOT
N is for naughty but nice
E is for eeeeeeeevil :P
i is for idiosycrasies...he's full of them!
L is for lovely
L is for lick...I mean...likeable

sueKay
April 10th, 2005, 03:17 PM
Samantha Carter

S is for Sexy
A is for Amazing
M is for Maternal
A is for Air force brat
N is for Nutcase
T is for Team player
H is for Hippie
A is for ANIMAL
C is for Cute
A is for Aggression
R is for Romantic
T is for True Love
E is for Egghead
R is for Racer

majorsal
April 10th, 2005, 03:21 PM

i've said that from the beginning. if you can do it for an out-of-nowhere-romance, you can do it for the 8 plus years one. and not so much because that would be fair, but why the heck not! :p

sueKay
April 10th, 2005, 03:27 PM
c'mon...they'd be better having a one-of Sam and Jack special...

and it wouldn't be the Sam and Jack hour...it'd be the Sam and Jack two hour special!

They should devote one episode to the relationship without even having appearances by any other actors...that way, antis, nons and noromos could switch off.

I bet the ratings would still be high though!

sg-1fanintn
April 10th, 2005, 03:28 PM
Here! Here! Excellent idea!

majorsal
April 10th, 2005, 03:29 PM

i've had to do that too. it works!:p, but it's not overnight. it's how i was able to enjoy the moebius eps. it really did work, but a bit of that pain is still there (prob always will be).

majorsal
April 10th, 2005, 03:43 PM
A lot of good points. I agree that focusing on all the good moments will make everyone feel better in the end. As for when Jacob first realized/became a shipper (hee!) I think that's hard to pinpoint for certain. Part of why I loved the banter between Jacob and Jack in Enemies in my above post is that it always felt like a bit of father/son dynamic......perhaps future father/son-in-law dynamic....:D

spoilers for s8's threads

i honestly don't know when jacob 'got it' that his daughter liked jack and that jack returned the feelings. i'd have to think about it, but i don't want to think too hard today. :p but i think, just be virtue of getting to know jack, that he approved. even with the regs being an issue, i think he approved of jack as his daughter's mate. which is another reason why i think he was so hard on pete in threads. pete really wasn't bad in their introduction scene, he was just nervous and babbling. but jacob didn't even want to give pete a chance, because he not only KNEW sam didn't really want this man, but that she preferred jack instead.

Oma-1
April 10th, 2005, 04:07 PM
Jack O'Neill

J is for jackass
A is for adorable
C is for cuddleable
K is for kickass
O is for oh so HOT
N is for naughty but nice
E is for eeeeeeeevil
i is for idiosycrasies...he's full of them!
L is for lovely
L is for lick...I mean...likeable

Samantha Carter

S is for Sexy
A is for Amazing
M is for Maternal
A is for Air force brat
N is for Nutcase
T is for Team player
H is for Hippie
A is for ANIMAL
C is for Cute
A is for Aggression
R is for Romantic
T is for True Love
E is for Egghead
R is for Racer

LMAO :D

How about Jacob...

J is for Jack
A is for And
C is for Carter
O is for Obviously
B is for Belong ... together :D

Selmac agrees with me :p

ForeverSg1
April 10th, 2005, 04:07 PM

He called him Dad in Seth that I can recall.
He's called him Dad lots of time to Sam, but I know he was talking to Jacob in Seth.

Uber
April 10th, 2005, 05:08 PM
WOW, I never thought of it that way! JACOB WAS A SHIPPER!! Wow, we really are good at coverting people! Go shippers. :D
Jacob was a shipper, we know Teal'c is too, or at least is aware of the dynamic (PARADISE LOST/GRACE). Janet and Hammond knew about it...heck, so does the president (INAUGURATION), but no word yet on whether or not he approves...

ON EDIT: Apparently someone took offense at this post; although I'm not sure what for since no comment was left. Perhaps it had to do with mentioning the president (?)...I hope everyone knows I'm talking about the SG-1 universe President Hayes (William Devane), not President Bush...

http://www.powerpromoz.com/stargate/lostcitypresidenthayes.jpg

:S

Oma-1
April 10th, 2005, 05:28 PM
MB, IMHO you are absolutely spot on!

D&C Proved Teal'c and Janet knew about it, and being their friends would undoubtedly have supported them, cos lets face it, they so obviously belong together! :p Hammond must have known cos of the security footage. I can't see that being a testing he wouldn't want to see!

Threads proved Jacob is a shipper :D

And it didn't take President Hayes long to catch on did it! And he only read the reports :p
(Edit: OK, so he had it pointed out to him - the old grey matter ain't working so good tonight :p)

Now the question we're all dying to know - when are tptb gonna get it right????? (Hence the new sig pic - its a page from their scrap book :D)

LOL4JACK
April 10th, 2005, 05:39 PM
MB, IMHO you are absolutely spot on!

D&C Proved Teal'c and Janet knew about it, and being their friends would undoubtedly have supported them, cos lets face it, they so obviously belong together! :p Hammond must have known cos of the security footage. I can't see that being a testing he wouldn't want to see!

Threads proved Jacob is a shipper :D

And it didn't take President Hayes long to catch on did it! And he only read the reports :p
(Edit: OK, so he had it pointed out to him - the old grey matter ain't working so good tonight :p)

Now the question we're all dying to know - when are tptb gonna get it right????? (Hence the new sig pic - its a page from their scrap book :D)
Something tells me that Joe Mallozzi is a shipper to..... so what's the plan? :D

- Letters to the producers?
- Petition on-line?

Oma-1
April 10th, 2005, 05:43 PM
Something tells me that Joe Mallozzi is a shipper to..... so what's the plan? :D

- Petition on-line?
Ah ha, I get that impression too :p

How about we bump off all the anti-shippers .... er, I mean the ones on the show, not other GW users btw...

Let's start with Mr I'maGoa'uldnow Kinsey :D

Oma-1
April 10th, 2005, 05:56 PM
Does anyone think Harry's a shipper? Do I remember a comment in IGTBK, or was that a cut bit I've heard of? Although, thinking back to Desperate Measures, Harry was pretty to keen to help find Sam, so maybe Harry's a "Sharry" shipper :p

oh dearie me that was lame *groan* maybe it's bedtime :p

Baal_babe1
April 10th, 2005, 06:24 PM
*sneaks in, looks around grins secretly and sneaks out*

Uber
April 10th, 2005, 06:24 PM
Does anyone think Harry's a shipper? Do I remember a comment in IGTBK, or was that a cut bit I've heard of? Although, thinking back to Desperate Measures, Harry was pretty to keen to help find Sam, so maybe Harry's a "Sharry" shipper :p

oh dearie me that was lame *groan* maybe it's bedtime :p
Well Oma, it might be SHALLOW ;) for me to say this, but I think most of the characters and PTB are shippers.

It's funny...too bad Harry never gave any indication one way or the other...

Oma-1
April 10th, 2005, 06:32 PM
Well Oma, it might be SHALLOW ;) for me to say this, but I think most of the characters and PTB are shippers.

So, if they're all such shippers, how come we've not had any deep :rolleyes: and meaningful S/J ship since S4? :p

Are you sure Harry's not a shipper? I mean, nothing gets past Harry - he must know about Sam and Jack! :p

Uber
April 10th, 2005, 06:34 PM
So, if they're all such shippers, how come we've not had any deep :rolleyes: and meaningful S/J ship since S4? :p

Are you sure Harry's not a shipper? I mean, nothing gets past Harry - he must know about Sam and Jack! :p
But you'd think he'd say something to egg on Jack about it! I mean, they were stuck on that moon for weeks together!

Wouldn't he have said SOMETHING during that time???

Oma-1
April 10th, 2005, 06:42 PM
But you'd think he'd say something to egg on Jack about it! I mean, they were stuck on that moon for weeks together!

Wouldn't he have said SOMETHING during that time???
Maybe that's why Jack shot him - the waccy plant was just an excuse :D

But yeah, Harry's the annoying personality that wouldn't let it lie :p

So, complete and utter speculation here, when's the wedding gonna happen, I've bought my hat and everything! :p

Uber
April 10th, 2005, 06:44 PM
Maybe that's why Jack shot him - the waccy plant was just an excuse :D

But yeah, Harry's the annoying personality that wouldn't let it lie :p

So, complete and utter speculation here, when's the wedding gonna happen, I've bought my hat and everything! :p
You know, he and Harry got to be almost friends at the end of Paradise Lost and then with IGTBK...

Who knows? Maybe he'd invite him to the shin dig.

Oh, wait...he'd only do that for the chance to shoot him again.

Oma-1
April 10th, 2005, 06:51 PM
What do you reckon the chances are of Harry using some of his old contacts to steal us a couple of scripts for S9????

I'm gonna go wacko waiting to see what happens with the ship *arghhhhhhhhh* JM's been posting lots the last week, but other than the packing to go fishing comment he's been very quiet about the ship.

Buc252
April 10th, 2005, 06:53 PM
Ohhhh. You may be right! They were very comfortable with each other. Perhaps that is when he first caught a hint. I'm sure there were other episodes where Sam/Jack/Jacob were together that he could have picked up on the fact that Jack was protective of Sam (more than he should have been). ;)

And vice versa! I was just watching Tangent this morning, and that's another perfect time he could have noticed. When they rescued Teal'c and Jack, and one of the first things Jack did was to reach out for her . . .

I didn't see him reaching for Daniel that way! <vbEEg>

parsifal
April 10th, 2005, 06:53 PM

His conversation with Jack in "Desperate Measures" could be read as having shippy undertones, or perhaps I'm remembering it incorrectly.

sg-1fanintn
April 10th, 2005, 06:54 PM
Harry has never really been interested in anyone but Harry. I don't think he would care enough about Jack's happiness to even mention it, even if he did notice it.

Uber
April 10th, 2005, 06:56 PM
What do you reckon the chances are of Harry using some of his old contacts to steal us a couple of scripts for S9????

I'm gonna go wacko waiting to see what happens with the ship *arghhhhhhhhh* JM's been posting lots the last week, but other than the packing to go fishing comment he's been very quiet about the ship.
This is completely intentional...TPTB don't want us to know TOO much or we (that is all Gaters) might be really happy or really ticked off.

Even in the Beyond the Gate special, they said they were going to be hitting on a very touchy topic (J/S ship) and implied that some would be thrilled whereas they might need bodyguards for the others as a shipper, I'm glad to say I'm on the side that was happy...HEY, WE GOT FISHING HERE FOLKS!!! :D.

So, it's a good move for them to only say so much as to pique our curiousity to the point that we want to see what they're up to. (BLAST! I ended that sentence with a PREPOSITION!!!)

Of course, if they say TOO little, they run the risk of frustrating ALL parties...

Rock --------- TPTB --------- Hard Place

Oma-1
April 10th, 2005, 06:57 PM
And vice versa! I was just watching Tangent this morning, and that's another perfect time he could have noticed. When they rescued Teal'c and Jack, and one of the first things Jack did was to reach out for her . . .

I didn't see him reaching for Daniel that way! <vbEEg>
I love Jack's reaction to seeing Sam in the cargo ship! He's so happy to see her - obviously cos she's gonna save his life - again, but there's joy there that just for her :)

Oma-1
April 10th, 2005, 07:01 PM
This is completely intentional...TPTB don't want us to know TOO much or we (that is all Gaters) might be really happy or really ticked off.

Even in the Beyond the Gate special, they said they were going to be hitting on a very touchy topic (J/S ship) and implied that some would be thrilled whereas they might need bodyguards for the others as a shipper, I'm glad to say I'm on the side that was happy...HEY, WE GOT FISHING HERE FOLKS!!! :D.

So, it's a good move for them to only say so much as to pique our curiousity to the point that we want to see what they're up to. (BLAST! I ended that sentence with a PREPOSITION!!!)

Of course, if they say TOO little, they run the risk of frustrating ALL parties...

*sigh* unfortunately I agree with you. I don't think we're gonna get any more ship indicators than we've already got. Makes the waiting all the more intense :p As for the hard place, well .... they wrote themselves there, I'm sure they can come up with a cushion to make it more comfy :p

I'm just gonna look forward to every scrap thrown our way, and then analyse it to death :D

Buc252
April 10th, 2005, 07:09 PM

- Petition on-line?

My concern about this is that, since we pretty much know that RDA's time on the show in S9 is going to be pretty much non-existent, if they give us anything shippy, it'll be something stupid like Jack in somebody else's body or, God forbid, another AU with the same. How can they possibly give us ship if one of the pair isn't around?

I fully support and respect Rick for doing what he's doing, and by asking for something that he can't be in, I get the feeling we're just setting ourselves up for a kick in the teeth.

And heaven knows we should know what that feels like by now . . .

Uber
April 10th, 2005, 07:09 PM
*sigh* unfortunately I agree with you. I don't think we're gonna get any more ship indicators than we've already got. Makes the waiting all the more intense :p As for the hard place, well .... they wrote themselves there, I'm sure they can come up with a cushion to make it more comfy :p

I'm just gonna look forward to every scrap thrown our way, and then analyse it to death :D
Maybe we shippers can ship them some rope to help them out of the ditch they've dug for themselves.

Unfortunately, if their record is any indication, they'd more than likely hang themselves with it...

(hey, that's what, 3 clichés and a mixed metaphor? I'm on a roll)

Buc252
April 10th, 2005, 07:17 PM

Well, I'm a shipper, and I'm in the 'they'd better get bodyguards' camp. They've screwed us one too many times for me to think anything but badly of the whole lot of them. IMO, TPTB's only concern is to make $$, and they really don't care whether we're happy or not.

If that sounds bitter, I'm sorry, but I admit - I am. And it amazes me that so many fans are so "okay" with being kicked in the teeth. I guess they're/you're just much more optimistic than I am. These days, I mostly just read the forum and shake my head, but you caught me on a talkative day. ;)

Oma-1
April 10th, 2005, 07:23 PM
Maybe we shippers can ship them some rope to help them out of the ditch they've dug for themselves.

Unfortunately, if their record is any indication, they'd more than likely hang themselves with it...

(hey, that's what, 3 clichés and a mixed metaphor? I'm on a roll)

Congratulations! Jack would be proud :rolleyes:

I'd prefer tptb not to hang themselves just yet - there's still the chance we'll want to lynch them at the end of S9 :p

To celebrate my 500th post, I thought I'd link my new desktop - I reworked it a bit for the sig :D

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v685/Oma-1/rightdesktop.jpg

Lord Zedd
April 11th, 2005, 12:56 AM
Congratulations! Jack would be proud :rolleyes:

I'd prefer tptb not to hang themselves just yet - there's still the chance we'll want to lynch them at the end of S9 :p

To celebrate my 500th post, I thought I'd link my new desktop - I reworked it a bit for the sig :D

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v685/Oma-1/rightdesktop.jpg
He congratulations to your 500 post !! I think you now get an update of your avatars and you can choose more avatars !! there are new !! the old ones are still there but now there are new avatars

Alaskhah
April 11th, 2005, 02:41 AM
Congrats on 500, Oma!!! :D That's a lovely desktop! I agree...we can't give TPTB the satisfaction of hanging themselves - where would the fun be for US in that?! :D

tauripeg
April 11th, 2005, 04:08 AM
Good morning Shippers, I have'nt stopped by in a while. But I wanted to check on everyone. This may have been discussed already, but how many shippers are planning on watching season 9? I know I am, I will at least give it a try.

Everyone have a great and shippy day! The new Sig is being shared between my daughter and me. It's all about our new puppy, Luci.

florence
April 11th, 2005, 05:06 AM
Good morning Shippers, I have'nt stopped by in a while. But I wanted to check on everyone. This may have been discussed already, but how many shippers are planning on watching season 9? I know I am, I will at least give it a try.

Everyone have a great and shippy day! The new Sig is being shared between my daughter and me. It's all about our new puppy, Luci.

Same here : I'll give it a try. I think I'll watch it as if it was a new show though cause the "original" team won't be there anymore. I don't know Ben Browder at all (I've never watched Farscape, it's not aired in France) so I don't have any opinion about him and the way he's acting, or how good he was in Farscape and if his character will be the same or different.

As for SJ ship, I'm a bit afraid it will be non-existent in S9. How could it be if Sam and Jack aren't in the same scene together ?
IMO most of the SJ ship was in the way they were looking at each other, when they were just being there together. Now with Sam absent from the 5 first episodes and with only a few episodes with RDA I don't know how we could be satisfied.

Sure it would be nice to hear Jack say something like : "Sam can't be here cause she's got this big project going on in Washington, but she says hello. And I'll make sure she gets all the kisses you want to send her".
Or Sam saying : "Jack says hi, he would have liked to be here but with his new position, it's difficult. I mean, even for us to have 2 days off at the same time so we could go to the cabin, we had to plan it 2 months ago".
It would be nice cause it would show they're together (no more "no, they're just friends, they're acting the same way with other team members").
But I would be disappointed cause we wouldn't have to see it.

So if we can't have some scenes showing Sam and Jack maybe dating or simply being together in the same room (I didn't say 'bedroom' :p ), I don't even want to think about it when I'll start watching S9. I don't want to have my hopes too high and be crashed in the end.

Nikki
April 11th, 2005, 06:10 AM
Hi everyone, I'm a new member at this forum and am a major Jack and Sam shipper, which I'm sure people on this thread will be glad to hear. :p I just posted to introduce myself, I'm not sure if this was the right place but I'm still trying to find my way around the forum, so I apologise for any mistakes I make, lol.

Hex.FTB.enabled
April 11th, 2005, 06:21 AM
Very nice desktop Oma! It's such a cute picture. I always wondered what it was like that day that they took it. :) Tauri, I'm still watching Season 9. I'm one of the more optimistic shippers, but I kinda think we're not gonna get what we really want until the show ends. And as much as love S/J ship, it's not the only reason I watch the show. I'm curious as to where this new direction will take us.

florence
April 11th, 2005, 06:29 AM
Hi everyone, I'm a new member at this forum and am a major Jack and Sam shipper, which I'm sure people on this thread will be glad to hear. :p I just posted to introduce myself, I'm not sure if this was the right place but I'm still trying to find my way around the forum, so I apologise for any mistakes I make, lol.

You've found the right place : Welcome in the Sam/Jack ship Family Nikki ! http://yelims.free.fr/Coucou/Coucou00.gif

Take a seat, have a cookie, post as much as you want and have fun :)
Tell us a bit more about you : what's your favorite episode ? Your favorite shippy scene ? :)

girlgater
April 11th, 2005, 06:33 AM
Welcome, Nikki! This is a great group of people to hang out with. I've enjoyed my stay and I'm sure you will too. It really is a 'family.'

Baal_babe1
April 11th, 2005, 06:56 AM
being that i live with my mother, it is very likely that S9 is going to be played in our house, to the chagrin of my brother (the only non fan in our family, i'm thinking he's adopted ;) ) as for Ben Browder yumyum, I have always enjoyed his acting, his character on Farscape was kinda insane sometimes so that tells me he'll fit right in.

WELCOME NIKKI!!!!!!!! :D :cool: :)

girlgater
April 11th, 2005, 07:50 AM
The episode, A Hundred Days, comes on Sci-fi on Friday. I must admit I have mixed feelings about this episode. I like the fact that Carter shows that she has feelings for Jack, but the whole Laira thing makes me nauseous :S . How does everyone else feel? :rolleyes:

gatebee
April 11th, 2005, 08:00 AM
Congratulations Oma on your 500

Welcome Nikki...you are in the right place....S/J ship family

As for 100 Days...I liked it alot. It showed alot of emotions on all parts. Sam's very obvious pinning for Jack. Doing her outmost best to find the solution to get him back. Jack being truthful to Sam till he got drunk. He is after all a man in a lonely place and a woman gives herself....what is he to do. I think this ep showed more how really Sam and Jack real feeling for each other. Even though Jack invited Laira to come back with him being a gentleman that we all know him to be, his real feelings are for Sam.
Sam and Jack forever....have faith it will come...praying down on my knees

sueKay
April 11th, 2005, 08:28 AM
Welcome Nikki!

...I think I'm the only shipper that likes ' a hundred days'...

someone please correct me!

girlgater
April 11th, 2005, 08:36 AM
Welcome Nikki!

It's not that I don't like 'a hundred days,' it's just the whole Jack being a man kind of thing that kinda bothers me. I know he's trapped on this planet and essentially gives up on escaping, but I'd like to have seen him resisted the normal temptations. I guess the writers made it real because what single, adult, male would have been able to resist having an intimate encounter with a willing partner.

I do feel that Sam deals with her feelings for Jack while he is gone and realizes how important he is to her. She comes to terms with what her life would mean if he wasn't there. I know that Teal'c and Jack are friends (brothers of sorts), but I can't help but think that one reason he works so hard to rescue Jack is so that he can be with Sam. Those parts of the show I like--alot.

nickatell
April 11th, 2005, 08:46 AM
Don't despair Buc252 I am still with you and I am sure there are some others. Although I thought that Threads was on the right track, it fell quite a bit short of where it should have gone in order to give a proper resolution between Jack and Sam IMO. I also enjoyed Moebius 1 & 2 for the time and the kisses between Jack and Sam, but having said that I never quite bought in to the fact that that was "our" Jack and Sam and by that I mean the same people who we have watched for the last eight years.

I must say that I have never "met" a more optimistic bunch than this shipper family, and I thought I was optimistic. You guys can be pushed into a brickwall and still walk away positive. I actually have had to take a break from watching Stargate and even coming on this thread. I have never been involved with a show as much as I did with Stargate especially online and it started to overwhelm me. I had so much anticipation for the conclusion of Season 8 because of all the changes coming in Season 9 and especially because of RDA leaving that when it was finally over and ending the way it did I was at such a loss. It has changed the way that I view Stargate to the point that I really don't watch it anymore, except maybe sometimes on Monday night but somehow it has lost that warm ,fuzzy feeling. You guys are all so good at finding the little snips of ship that TPTB threw us every now and again or turning some things that I don't think were intended as ship into something that fit our needs, but my patients have run out and my eyes are sore from searching. As others have said I first started watching Stargate for the whole team dynamics that it had but soon found the relationship between Jack and Sam. For me the team dynamics soon faded except for a moment here or there and the story lines became ridiculous so the only thing really holding me was the Jack and Sam relationship; but, I too now come from the school of when Stargate starts dwindling in the ratings then TPTB will have this miraculous decision of letting Jack and Sam be together and then nothing will suddenly stand in their way. Gee where have I seen this or heard that before.....snark snark. Thankfully time has helped a lot, upon hearing the news for Season 9 that Sam and Jack are not away together I now chuckle whereas before I would have been furious. I'm not sure why TPTB are doing what they are doing and IMO I don't think that it really has anything to do with pleasing one part of the fandom over the other, but I could be wrong; I think they just don't have it in them. I still feel that they really blew it by not having a woman writer. Right now they have so many ideas floating in their heads what with Atlantis and with all the changes in store for Season 9 that until something like ratings dropping, they might never figure out what reallly kept SG1 alive, but by then who will care......I know, I know my good friends the shippers. Make no mistake about it I still would love a proper resolution for Jack and Sam, one where our closed lipped, eyes full of expression Jack and our always over thinking, always feeling Sam share a very passionate, kiss; its just that like TPTB now I am investing very little.

kiwigater
April 11th, 2005, 08:52 AM
Welcome Nikki!

no, you're not alone! I like 100 days too :) From a shipper perspective I was a bit miffed when Sam put in all that blood, sweat and tears and then Jack walked off to Laira at the end, BUT I completely understand Laira's point of view! hmmmmm, Jack! :p :D

And while I've never been trapped alone on another planet for 100 days, I have moved half way around THIS planet by myself, for 7 years, and I think it's natural to make a new life, bond with people (once you accept you're not going back :( ). His actions weren't calculating, they were of a lonely and heartbroken man reaching out to reconnect with humanity. I've been there, and I know what that feels like. And I'm about to leave this new life I created and return to the old one, and to be honest, my thoughts are not about how excited I am about going home and how I'm looking forward to being back with my friends and family (which I am), but much more about how hard it will be to leave my friends and adopted family here, who have supported and loved me without reservation for all the time I spent with them. So, I empathise a lot with Jack in this situation, and therefore I quite like 100 days :)

*runs away and hides* :p :D

dipsofjazz
April 11th, 2005, 09:13 AM

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v491/dipsofjazz/odds/letter_by_letter.gif

Welcome Nikki. If you need any help with the forum, just ask and the shipper family will come to your aid. :D

Nikki
April 11th, 2005, 09:13 AM
Thanks for the welcome everyone! :)

And florence I don't really have a favorate episode because there are way too many to choose from. And my favorate shippy moments are the classics: from divide and conquer, window of oppurtunity, solitudes, beneath the surface, lost city pt 1 and 2, TBFTGOG, death knell, threads and moebius pt2. Thats just of the top of my head but i have many more, lol :p

Hex.FTB.enabled
April 11th, 2005, 09:59 AM
The episode, A Hundred Days, comes on Sci-fi on Friday. I must admit I have mixed feelings about this episode. I like the fact that Carter shows that she has feelings for Jack, but the whole Laira thing makes me nauseous :S . How does everyone else feel? :rolleyes:

I have mixed feelings about 100 days. I'll get the negative stuff out of the way first: I felt that Jack gave up on a rescue relatively quickly, and after everything he'd been through to get to a better place in his life, he seemed very willing to give that up. Laira didn't specifically bother me, but I wished the writers had given her a little more depth to justify Jack falling for her like that. The whole is she/isn't she pregnant thing felt too soap opera-ish

BUT I did like the way they played Sam. Obviously had shippy undertones without making her the weak, pining-for-your-man woman stereotype. And it was nice to have a Jack-centric episode. I loved the scene between Jack and Teal'c when Jack digs him out. So I don't vehemently hate it the way some do, but I prefer other eps.

Uber
April 11th, 2005, 10:07 AM
I have mixed feelings about 100 days. I'll get the negative stuff out of the way first: I felt that Jack gave up on a rescue relatively quickly, and after everything he'd been through to get to a better place in his life, he seemed very willing to give that up. Laira didn't specifically bother me, but I wished the writers had given her a little more depth to justify Jack falling for her like that. The whole is she/isn't she pregnant thing felt too soap opera-ish

BUT I did like the way they played Sam. Obviously had shippy undertones without making her the weak, pining-for-your-man woman stereotype. And it was nice to have a Jack-centric episode. I loved the scene between Jack and Teal'c when Jack digs him out. So I don't vehemently hate it the way some do, but I prefer other eps.
Hmm - I don't know about that. He thought the gate was gone...obviously buried but perhaps even encased in molten rock. So I don't think he was too quick to give up...

Heck, when I was lost on P3W-986, nearly the same thing happened to me!!! Fortunately, we were able to get to the gate and locate the DHD in time...

Daniel's_twin
April 11th, 2005, 10:08 AM
Welcome Nikki!

Hello Nikki!

I like a hundred days also. I think Jack had the right to get interested in another woman when he thought that he would never get home. :cool:

Lunar
April 11th, 2005, 11:12 AM
Uber SG1 Fan!!! Your sig is so FANTASTIC!
I can't rep you... so I said it in thread. I would have PM'd you, but by posting, everyone else who hasn't will now be drawn to the sig, and hopefully want to rep you as much as I did...

nalex1013
April 11th, 2005, 11:45 AM
Hmm - I don't know about that. He thought the gate was gone...obviously buried but perhaps even encased in molten rock. So I don't think he was too quick to give up...

Heck, when I was lost on P3W-986, nearly the same thing happened to me!!! Fortunately, we were able to get to the gate and locate the DHD in time...

I absolutely love your sig pictures. Nice work

Lord Zedd
April 11th, 2005, 12:04 PM
Uber SG1 Fan!!! Your sig is so FANTASTIC!
I can't rep you... so I said it in thread. I would have PM'd you, but by posting, everyone else who hasn't will now be drawn to the sig, and hopefully want to rep you as much as I did...
Yeah Uber has some great signatures I know. Especially the one with the DHD from Solitudes.

Oh and we are talking about 100 days well I liked the episode and well I think she was pragnant of him. I wonder if Jack will ever know that he has a daughter or a son :D I wonder how Sam would react to it.
:eek: :eek: :eek: This is my 1700 post how great is this !! :D

girlgater
April 11th, 2005, 12:13 PM
Congratulations! I hope one day I'll get that high!

Oma-1
April 11th, 2005, 12:26 PM
:eek: Laira Pregnant! :eek: I try really hard not to think about that :p Do you really think so _Anubis?

I really hope she wasn't, because I'd hate to think that Jack has a child out there that he doesn't know. I think he'd be heartbroken to know that he's missed so much of his/her life. I'd like to think that if Laira had been pregnant tptb would have let Jack know pretty much straight away. I think I would far rather have seen a love triangle with Laira than with Mr Spudly - at least it would have been believable - and not so easy for Laira to move to Colorado Springs :p

*ducks the red jello and low flying rotten tomatoes* :D

Uber
April 11th, 2005, 12:36 PM
:eek: Laira Pregnant! :eek: I try really hard not to think about that :p Do you really think so _Anubis?

I really hope she wasn't, because I'd hate to think that Jack has a child out there that he doesn't know. I think he'd be heartbroken to know that he's missed so much of his/her life. I'd like to think that if Laira had been pregnant tptb would have let Jack know pretty much straight away. I think I would far rather have seen a love triangle with Laira than with Mr Spudly - at least it would have been believable - and not so easy for Laira to move to Colorado Springs :p

*ducks the red jello and low flying rotten tomatoes* :D
First, thanks everyone for your kind words regarding my sig!!!

Second, I think that more than likely Laira DID become pregnant (as I recall, she was timing so that their night would give her a child). I don't believe TPTB will revisit this story though...so it'll have to be resolved in Fanfic...

And regarding the Spudmeister...why not include him in the mix? Rather than a love triangle with just Jack/Laira/Sam, why not...

A LOVE SQUARE???

girlgater
April 11th, 2005, 12:53 PM
Did an SGC team ever go back to that planet? Surely someone would have passed on the word had she been pregnant. I can understand her wanting to have a child w/Jack, but I really hope she didn't. It would be unfortunate for him to have another child and never know.

Lord Zedd
April 11th, 2005, 12:57 PM
To quote Teal'c :D What is a Spuddmeister?? :D:D

A love triangle I don't think that Jack would mind that but I doubt that Sam want to share him with Laira but I think she was indeed pragnant !! I think she was indeed

oh don't worry you'll get there eventually. After spending hours and hours and hours and hours at gateworld :D try to post every day at least 10 posts.;) I succeded once in posting 100 posts at one day. But some posts were crap I have to admit that ;) and others was about the episodes and such

Uber
April 11th, 2005, 01:23 PM
To quote Teal'c :D What is a Spuddmeister?? :D:D

A love triangle I don't think that Jack would mind that but I doubt that Sam want to share him with Laira but I think she was indeed pragnant !! I think she was indeed

oh don't worry you'll get there eventually. After spending hours and hours and hours and hours at gateworld :D try to post every day at least 10 posts.;) I succeded once in posting 100 posts at one day. But some posts were crap I have to admit that ;) and others was about the episodes and such
Spudmeister...Mr. Spudly...the Spudster... ALL PETE! :D

For the record though, I see why Sam was attracted to him.

Sorry shippers, I know I'm in the minority here but I think that David DeLuise is simply gorgeous...those eyes alone are enough to melt me down!

Other than his ever so slight tendancy to stalk, he is a keeper (just not for Sam)...

girlgater
April 11th, 2005, 01:23 PM
I don't think Sam would be willing to share Jack either--I know I wouldn't. The romantic side of me hopes that Jack and Laira didn't have a child; I'd like Sam to give him kids instead.

It's kinda hard to post while working (haha) without getting caught except I love the new virtual desktop feature that microsoft has (but use Firefox for browsing). It allows me to pop between desktops and no one is the wiser. ;)

Oma-1
April 11th, 2005, 01:25 PM
Did an SGC team ever go back to that planet? Surely someone would have passed on the word had she been pregnant. I can understand her wanting to have a child w/Jack, but I really hope she didn't. It would be unfortunate for him to have another child and never know.

I'm sure at the end of the ep it was said that another SG team would be stationed on Edora for a while to help the people rebuild etc, so MHO is that if she was pregnant, Jack would have known.

As for timing - since when do babies do anything to order? At either end of the 9 months :p

Sorry to be such a downer about this, but I really can't stand the idea of that woman having Jack's child ... maybe its just jealousy :p

Uber
April 11th, 2005, 01:27 PM
I don't think Sam would be willing to share Jack either--I know I wouldn't. The romantic side of me hopes that Jack and Laira didn't have a child; I'd like Sam to give him kids instead.

It's kinda hard to post while working (haha) without getting caught except I love the new virtual desktop feature that microsoft has (but use Firefox for browsing). It allows me to pop between desktops and no one is the wiser. ;)
And that right there explains better than I could the joy of working from home...

I am my own boss so the only person that might be irritated at me for spending too much time dissecting the Sam/Jack relationship...IS ME! :cool:

Oma-1
April 11th, 2005, 01:29 PM
Spudmeister...Mr. Spudly...the Spudster... ALL PETE! :D

For the record though, I see why Sam was attracted to him.

Sorry shippers, I know I'm in the minority here but I think that David DeLuise is simply gorgeous...those eyes alone are enough to melt me down!

Other than his ever so slight tendancy to stalk, he is a keeper (just not for Sam)...

I'll let you have that point, MB cos the world is full of many and varied people, and there's someone for everyone :)

But like you said, definitely not for Sam! Sam needs her rda of Jack O'Neill :D

Uber
April 11th, 2005, 01:30 PM
I'm sure at the end of the ep it was said that another SG team would be stationed on Edora for a while to help the people rebuild etc, so MHO is that if she was pregnant, Jack would have known.

As for timing - since when do babies do anything to order? At either end of the 9 months :p

Sorry to be such a downer about this, but I really can't stand the idea of that woman having Jack's child ... maybe its just jealousy :p
Imagine if she hadn't had any integrity...Teal'c would more than likely have died of suffocation and no one on earth would have made another second attempt.

Laira would have had him all to herself and Sam would have had to deal with the pain from really losing Jack.

Thankfully though, she was an honorable woman...

Oma-1
April 11th, 2005, 01:33 PM
And that right there explains better than I could the joy of working from home...

I am my own boss so the only person that might be irritated at me for spending too much time dissecting the Sam/Jack relationship...IS ME! :cool:
And as I have no boss either, the only people to get annoyed at me are .... the kids! I cut into their game time :D But if there's a word my kids are familiar with, it's TOUGH :p

Well, when the sun's shining and its a beautiful day, that's what the green is for! (for those non-native GBers out there, that's a nice big piece of grass half way down the street for the kids to play on ;) )

girlgater
April 11th, 2005, 01:34 PM
Hey, Laira saw what a great guy he was and did her best to hold onto him. You can't fault her for that. I would have thought that if he was really commited to her he would have gone back to Edora. Instead...he stayed on Earth (with Sam). ;)

Oma-1
April 11th, 2005, 01:36 PM
Imagine if she hadn't had any integrity...Teal'c would more than likely have died of suffocation and no one on earth would have made another second attempt.

Laira would have had him all to herself and Sam would have had to deal with the pain from really losing Jack.

Thankfully though, she was an honorable woman...
Mmmmm who only waited a few HOURS to tell Jack that she THOUGHT there MIGHT have been a noise coming from his radio.

Honourable my *** Personally, I think it was a guilty concience - she didn't want Teal'c's death on her hands cos she knew Jack wouldn't forgive her.

I think for once we'll have to agree to disagree MB :p

Hex.FTB.enabled
April 11th, 2005, 01:36 PM
First, thanks everyone for your kind words regarding my sig!!!

Second, I think that more than likely Laira DID become pregnant (as I recall, she was timing so that their night would give her a child). I don't believe TPTB will revisit this story though...so it'll have to be resolved in Fanfic...

And regarding the Spudmeister...why not include him in the mix? Rather than a love triangle with just Jack/Laira/Sam, why not...

A LOVE SQUARE???

*slams head on desk* Can you imagine what would go on in this thread if TPTB gave us a love SQUARE? :D

Did an SGC team ever go back to that planet? Surely someone would have passed on the word had she been pregnant.
No, Laira wasn't watching where she was walking one day and fell into a deep dark plot hole.

Ugh, I have a major allergy attack, so I think I'm gonna curl up with a shippy episode when I get home. Any suggestions? :)

girlgater
April 11th, 2005, 01:38 PM
And as I have no boss either, the only people to get annoyed at me are .... the kids! I cut into their game time :D But if there's a word my kids are familiar with, it's TOUGH :p

Well, when the sun's shining and its a beautiful day, that's what the green is for! (for those non-native GBers out there, that's a nice big piece of grass half way down the street for the kids to play on ;) )

I'm the boss (technically speaking) here at work, but I still have to keep up appearances. At home I have to compete for dial-up time with my teenage boys which can be quite fun. Most of the time I'm either on early @ home, or late at night. My husband tolerates it well as he is a S/J shipper too. He's computer illiterate and can't understand what I get out of sharing my thoughts with other shippers, but he's ok with it.

Oma-1
April 11th, 2005, 01:41 PM
*slams head on desk* Can you imagine what would go on in this thread if TPTB gave us a love SQUARE? :D

No, Laira wasn't watching where she was walking one day and fell into a deep dark plot hole.

Ugh, I have a major allergy attack, so I think I'm gonna curl up with a shippy episode when I get home. Any suggestions? :)
I know what you mean about a love square - I thought that was hysterical when MB posted it - I've only just stopped laughing :p I can almost hear the ambulance sirens! 999/911 would be very busy that day :p

Ep Recs: Er - any but 100 days :p :p

For a pick me up, I always go for WoO - lmao funny and shippy :D
For angst, it's Entity or BtS
For good old ship, D&C every time

Whaddya mean is S4 my favourite ?*innocent look*

Uber
April 11th, 2005, 01:55 PM
Mmmmm who only waited a few HOURS to tell Jack that she THOUGHT there MIGHT have been a noise coming from his radio.

Honourable my *** Personally, I think it was a guilty concience - she didn't want Teal'c's death on her hands cos she knew Jack wouldn't forgive her.

I think for once we'll have to agree to disagree MB :p
I don't think she waited hours...Teal'c wouldn't have survived if that were the case...he only had 4 hours of air to begin with and she heard Carter counting down the shut down, which would have been 38 minutes later.

And I caught you on this one, Oma-1! :D She didn't know Teal'c was there. All she heard was Carter saying "15 seconds til shut down...," etc. Although there's no way she could have known exactly what was going on, although she clearly grasped the reality that some sort of rescue mission was in place or at the very least, earth was trying to contact him.

Granted, she waited a little while before telling him because she didn't want to face the possibility of losing him...but you can see the conflict in her eyes a little bit later (not sure how long though) while Jack's telling tales of Minnesota.

So on the one hand she doesn't want to lose him but she told him the truth because she had integrity, and knew she couldn't live with knowing she got him by nefarious means.

That's my take on it.

By the way I take back what I said earlier. There's no way she could have been pregnant...Jack along with others from earth met with her and their leadership regarding the treaty between their two worlds. Now as dense as Jack can be at times, I'm fairly certain he would have noticed a massive bulging belly...