PDA

View Full Version : Sam Carter/Jack O'Neill Ship Appreciation Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 [39] 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57

ST-1
August 10th, 2005, 03:09 PM
I've uploaded my mini ficlet to the Gateworld hosting....so, for some ship...along the lines of the posts from Bren Ren, Uber and ST 1 of the last few days, infused w/some beer and music....

(((((((((sclairef99))))))))) Great job! :) (applause)

Along those lines, here's another thought I had, one that might inspire our resident shipfic writers (myself included, though I'm a mere amateur compared to most! :o )

What are some shippy storylines/scenes you WISH TPTB had pursued?

-Though it's been done (in Solitudes, not to mention countless fics), it would have been nice to see an "able-bodied" Sam and Jack trapped somewhere together, not knowing when/if they'd be rescued. ;)

-I, for one, would have loved to see a "serious" conversation between Jack and Jacob; I can't imagine they never talked about Sam. :D

Anyone else?

ses110
August 10th, 2005, 03:15 PM
Great list Mary.I enjoyed the Hawke/Catlin Ship.I Loved Air Wolf and I though Catlin really added to the Show.Here is my list in no order.Some of the Names may be weird.

Sam/Jack
Sam/Diane
Hawke/Caitlin
Alex/Lauren
Ross/Rachel
Lois/Clark
Jaret/Miss Parker
Maxwell Smart/Agent 99
Carter/Abby
Mulder/Scully
Remington Steele/Laura Holt
Sledge Hammer/Dori
Sonny Crockett/Katlin Davies

ChevronSeven
August 10th, 2005, 03:20 PM
Wow!! Someone else who actually knows who Diego and Victoria are...cool :D
It ticked me off the way that that series ended, they never showed the ship.
I was sooooooo disapointed!!
Damn that Speilberg guy for buying the rights to it!!...all so he could stick Antonio Banderas in a movie that didn't even really follow the story. :mad:

At least with Sam and Jack the series is still on the air, so there is still a chance.....

waterfall

Don Diego and Victoria?!? As is the one that aired on what was then known as The Family Channel? Don Diego, played by Duncan Regehr? :D I love and *so* miss that show!

Okay, so let's see if I have a list:

Jack/Sam
Josh/Donna
Harm/Mac
Will/Deanna
Spike/Buffy

Wow, my list isn't as impressive as everyone else's, but I guess I'm picky! :D

Cathain Nottingham
August 10th, 2005, 03:20 PM
Hi, Cathain, I'm here too. And CONGRATULATIONS on your nominations!

I love "Someone To Watch Over Me!" Now I have to go read your "Ladies Man" Heee..........

And I wanna say thanks to everyone who nominated my three fics, "Tangent Hearts," "Forever and for Always," :Christmas is all in the Heart," and a Series nomination for "The Chosen Heart Series."

Far as I'm concerned anyone who gets nominated is a WINNER! So I'm in great company!

Jack Hugs,

I bow down! :D

No really that's fantastic! Three nods?! I've never had that many in one award.

And I know what you mean, I love just being nominated, so far I have four nominations (past / present) and I've won none.

And what I was saying about "Someone..." though was that it wasn't nominated, I was surprised, and even more so about "Ladies Man" getting a nod - then again I don't think Teal'c gets to many funny fics.

((((((((hugs)))))))))

sueKay
August 10th, 2005, 03:58 PM
As far as awards...I've had one nomination...I was surprised at some nominations I've seen...guess some people actually voted for themselves...I'd never do that!

I got a nomination for 'The General's Hell' at the 2004 SJFAs...hoping for more noms in the future!

Anywho...I apologise, but no S/J goodies tonight...I forgot 'Lost' started tonight...

And to add to my ship list...

Jack/Kate - lost :D

Seriously...EVERYONE should watch this show!

sclairef99
August 10th, 2005, 04:05 PM
(((((((((sclairef99))))))))) Great job! :) (applause)

Along those lines, here's another thought I had, one that might inspire our resident shipfic writers (myself included, though I'm a mere amateur compared to most! :o )

What are some shippy storylines/scenes you WISH TPTB had pursued?

-Though it's been done (in Solitudes, not to mention countless fics), it would have been nice to see an "able-bodied" Sam and Jack trapped somewhere together, not knowing when/if they'd be rescued. ;)

-I, for one, would have loved to see a "serious" conversation between Jack and Jacob; I can't imagine they never talked about Sam. :D

Anyone else?

Thanks! I am a mere amateur compared to the likes of Mei Mei, Sally Reeve and some others that escape me now. I have wanted to do the able bodied trapped scenerio and I have one in my head if I could find the time to write it down!

S

Cathain Nottingham
August 10th, 2005, 04:06 PM
As far as awards...I've had one nomination...I was surprised at some nominations I've seen...guess some people actually voted for themselves...I'd never do that!

I got a nomination for 'The General's Hell' at the 2004 SJFAs...hoping for more noms in the future!

Anywho...I apologise, but no S/J goodies tonight...I forgot 'Lost' started tonight...

And to add to my ship list...

Jack/Kate - lost :D

Seriously...EVERYONE should watch this show!

Wow! I can't believe only one! That's horrible you're a terrific writer!

And I can't even say that I know when nominations go in, the only time I find out there's an award going on is if I get an email saying someone nominated my work. I guess I'm a little out of the loop?

And yes! People watch "Lost"!!!! Jack / Kate is great!! I love that show :D

HailDorothy
August 10th, 2005, 04:15 PM

Yeah, that's just wrong on so many levels. I never knew I got nominated until my friends told me.

sueKay
August 10th, 2005, 04:20 PM
Right...you guys have spurred me on...I'm going to finish my Threads fic soon!

Thanks to lonely star for the extra kick!

Cathain Nottingham
August 10th, 2005, 04:31 PM
I need kicks, anyone? Kicks for Cathain? I've got too many unfinished stories.

HailDorothy
August 10th, 2005, 04:58 PM
I need kicks, anyone? Kicks for Cathain? I've got too many unfinished stories.

INCOMONG FOOT UP Cathian's DERRIERE!!! LOL

Okay, everyone, let's take a WIP fic count?

HailDorothy who has about 41 unfinished fics...talk about procrastination!

Cathain Nottingham
August 10th, 2005, 05:11 PM
INCOMONG FOOT UP Cathian's DERRIERE!!! LOL

Okay, everyone, let's take a WIP fic count?

HailDorothy who has about 41 unfinished fics...talk about procrastination!

*dies laughing* Thanks!

sueKay
August 10th, 2005, 05:30 PM
Okay...here's mine...my 'lost fics' list...not lost the show...but fics with no ending...

Myabe if we put a little synopsis...folks'll read them and give us a sharp kick to finish the story they like???

The Dance - Voyager Janeway/Chakotay
The Alien Connection - Red Dwarf

the rest are SG1

Finding Grace - Suffering from a recurring dream, Sam decides to find Grace. Meanwhile, Jack has to return to Edora...
A Different Point of View - SG1 find an ancient device that can go to another dimension, where SG1 are actors on a popular TV show.
MTV Generation - year after starting school, MJ is still the odd one out. An incident in his Physics class causes him to reconsider his priorities...
Call from the Future - When an SG team from several years in the future arrives at the SGC, what will it mean for SG1?
Kindergaten Colonel - What's going on?
Seven Sisters - Now called Stargate: Ida - Beginnings - Somewhere in the Universe, there is a point where past, present, future and realities collide. Have the ancients helped Jack find it?
The Hell's Trilogy 2 - The Doctor's Hell - Sequel to The General's Hell. A month after Pete Shanahans dissappearance, everything's back to normal...or is it?
In Between the Threads - My take on Threads
The Third Race - On a black ops assignment, Daniel sees a side to Jack O'Neill he wished he never had. Can he forgive Jack and solve the mystery before it's too late?
A Month's Leave, a Life's change - Adventure, tradgedy, angst and SJ ship.
Jack's Big Honkin Invention - The title says it all!
Jack's Big Day - This day comes but once a year...
A Fish Called Kinsey - there's something fishy about Jack's latest 'acquisition'...
Another Life - AU...season one
Frozen Treats - Based on a scene from macGyver!

So...that's 17 in total!

And if you wanna read them (there's ship in almost every one)...just click on the 'my fanfiction' link in my sig :D

[/shameles fanfiction plug]

trupi
August 10th, 2005, 05:33 PM
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b124/trupi/PICT1561.jpg
The very handsome Alexis Cruz (what dimples)

Token
August 10th, 2005, 05:45 PM
I've uploaded my mini ficlet to the Gateworld hosting....so, for some ship...along the lines of the posts from Bren Ren, Uber and ST 1 of the last few days, infused w/some beer and music....

here it is:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v496/sclairef99/STARGATE_SG1_V4_R1_YR6-104.jpg
Ok...well, Jack is very excited about it...

Now, here it is:
http://www.gateworld.net/fanfic/archive/38/theconversation.html

Hope you like it....any feedback appreciated...

S
http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/36/36_1_75.gif (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZNxmk705YYUS) *sigh* Well done!! You need to be inspired more often! Grab a glass of wine, turn on the music, and "get busy"!! ;) Ah...a Shipper is never satisfied! :p Thank goodness for all you wonderfully talented authors that are willing to share your creative spirits!! :D

Cathain Nottingham
August 10th, 2005, 05:47 PM
Okay...here's mine...my 'lost fics' list...not lost the show...but fics with no ending...

So...that's 17 in total!

And if you wanna read them (there's ship in almost every one)...just click on the 'my fanfiction' link in my sig :D

[/shameles fanfiction plug]

Okay...my list isn't that long...I think I've got the main three...

May I Have This Dance? - Sam and Jack become dance partners when Pete is away and Daniel is unable to help out.

A Major and her Gentleman - A bachelorette auction changes Sam's life forever.

Someone to Watch Over Me - Sam and Jack go undercover as a married couple to flush out an NID conspiracy.

All of these are really shippy. Then again I've got other stories that I want to do a sequel to and what not.

And in response to Trupi's pics, Alexis Cruz is a major cutie, why not bring him back now that he's an Ancient?

sg-1fanintn
August 10th, 2005, 05:48 PM
Congratulations, gatebee, on 3,500 posts!

I'm really enjoying all the fic recs! There's nothing like a good Sam & Jack fic for a bedtime story. I try to curl up with one every night.

sueKay, I've been thinking about you ever since you told us about your grades, but I didn't reply immediately, because I wanted to give it some thought. I don't know what it is you really want to do, but have you thought about a career as a graphic artist? You have a good eye, and no longer than you've been around computers, it's obvious that you learn fast. If you were in the States, I bet you could get a job easily.

I'm sorry to hear that the economy is depressed in your area. How far are you from an urban center? There are usually more jobs in the arts/media in those cities. Or, if you decide to work for a year, have you thought about trying to find some sort of job at the university nearest you? Here, that would mean a discount on tuition once you actually enrolled.

It sounds like things are so different there than they are here that my ideas may be of no help at all. But you're too bright a girl not to have a bright future!

Right now, I'm watching an ABC News special on the career of Peter Jennings. For anyone who doesn't know who he was, he was ABC's prime anchor for the past 24 years. A Canadian (He became an American in 2003), he dropped out of high school to take a job in radio, and despite his lack of formal education, he made it to the very top of his profession. People who knew him said he read constantly; about anything and everything. He got most of his education by himself.

Peter Jennings died this week at 67, of lung cancer. But the reason I mention him is to reiterate that even when it seems you're at a disadvantage, there's still hope. I have faith in the spunky, intelligent sueKay I've come to know online.....and I believe that despite this setback, she will find the right road. Just don't give up, girl! You're in a tough situation right now, but if you plan and work hard, you will find the right path. (**clears throat**steps down from soapbox**nods head resolutely)

nell
August 10th, 2005, 05:58 PM
Hi everyone!

I'm here but I'm trying to think of something profound to add :P

About the voting opening, I must say I was surprised to get a nomination for my Teal'c / humor story "Ladies Man" and none for "May I Have This Dance?" or "Someone to Watch Over Me" - especially since those two stories pull in most of my reviews.

And in S/J ship related news, I'm finishing up my "A Major and her Gentleman" series and I need a song to play at Sam and Jack's wedding that will not only work for our lovely pair but allow for romantic interaction for other characters as well (fans of the series might know what I'm talking about). Anyway - any ideas?

Well, since you asked.....I am a big fan, you may recall my earlier mention, of American Classics and the series that Rod Stewart has sung. One of the songs instantly had me thinking of a scene following Sam and Jack's marriage where they are receiving guests' congratulations at the reception and folks are happy and festive. Here it is...the song is playing in the background of my little fantasy... BTW, the effect may be lost without the music. Because it sure sounds great when Rod's singing it.

Our Love is Here to Stay by George and Ira Gershwin

It's very clear, our love is here to stay
Not for a year but ever and a day
The radio and the telephone and the movies that we know
May just be passing fancies and in time may go

But, oh, my dear, our love is here to stay
Together we're going a long, long way
In time the Rockies may crumble, Gibraltar may tumble
They're only made of clay
But our love is here to stay

Repeat stanzas

OR Cole Porter's Night and Day

Night and day, you are the one
Only you beneath the moon and under the sun
Whether near to me, or far
It's no matter, darling, where you are
I think of you, night and day

Day and night, why is it so
That this longing for you follows wherever I go
In the roaring traffic's boom
In the silence of my lonely room

Day and night, under the hide of me
There's an, oh, such a hungry yearning burning inside of me :p
And its torment won't be through
Until you let me spend my life making love to you
Day and night, night and day

Whether near to me or far
I think of you
Night and day

sueKay
August 10th, 2005, 06:00 PM
((((sg1 fanintn))))

I live in an urban conurbation (albeit on the edge) within 50 miles of three cities...unless I have a degree...no-one will give me a career-driven job.

Universities aren't in the habit of hiring undergrads that aren't studying...although my friend Gillian is a clerical assistant at Glasgow.

I'd love to do something to do with one of the following - geology, ancient history, writing or digital art...I'm going to apply for Earth Science...see if I can get that.

Everyone here has been so supportive of me...and the ammount of PMs, emails and posts here has really meant something to me...I'm so grateful I'm part of such an amazing online community.

(((((((((((((((SHIPPER FAMILY))))))))))))))))

Token
August 10th, 2005, 06:01 PM
Hey, all you Sam and Jack Shippers. :D

I just saw that voting has opened in the SG Awards and closes August 25th.

I strongly encourage everyone to go read the nominated fics and VOTE for your favorite authors and stories!

The more votes for Sam and Jack fics the louder we roar! :cool:

Here's the site address:

http://sgawards.creative-imperative.net/main.shtml

THANKS for the heads-up!!! :D So many fics...so little time!! :(

sueKay
August 10th, 2005, 06:02 PM
Cathain - here's another kick in the derriere :P

May I have this dance - FINISH IT!!!! PLEASE!!!
A major and her gentleman - DITTO!!!!!

Cathain Nottingham
August 10th, 2005, 06:07 PM
Well, since you asked.....I am a big fan, you may recall my earlier mention, of American Classics and the series that Rod Stewart has sung. One of the songs instantly had me thinking of a scene following Sam and Jack's marriage where they are receiving guests' congratulations at the reception and folks are happy and festive. Here it is...the song is playing in the background of my little fantasy... BTW, the effect may be lost without the music. Because it sure sounds great when Rod's singing it.

Our Love is Here to Stay by George and Ira Gershwin

It's very clear, our love is here to stay
Not for a year but ever and a day
The radio and the telephone and the movies that we know
May just be passing fancies and in time may go

But, oh, my dear, our love is here to stay
Together we're going a long, long way
In time the Rockies may crumble, Gibraltar may tumble
They're only made of clay
But our love is here to stay

Repeat stanzas

OR Cole Porter's Night and Day

Night and day, you are the one
Only you beneath the moon and under the sun
Whether near to me, or far

Day and night, why is it so
That this longing for you follows wherever I go
In the roaring traffic's boom
In the silence of my lonely room

Day and night, under the hide of me
There's an, oh, such a hungry yearning burning inside of me :p
And its torment won't be through
Until you let me spend my life making love to you
Day and night, night and day

Whether near to me or far
I think of you
Night and day

Thank you Nell! I've got one of his CDs right here and that song might just be the one I've been looking for to use in this scene...thank you!

Cathain Nottingham
August 10th, 2005, 06:09 PM
Cathain - here's another kick in the derriere :P

May I have this dance - FINISH IT!!!! PLEASE!!!
A major and her gentleman - DITTO!!!!!

To prove I'm a queen at procrastination...

What no kick for "Someone"? Not a fan? :P

sueKay
August 10th, 2005, 06:14 PM
:o I've not read it yet :o

sorry!

Cathain Nottingham
August 10th, 2005, 06:21 PM
:o I've not read it yet :o

sorry!

Hey no worries, I'm just trying to procrastinate from actually working! :D

Buc252
August 10th, 2005, 06:31 PM
Wow, someone else that shipped for Ethan and Amelia!!!! I loved them!!! Can I say that again, I loved them!!! I also love Rogue and Gambit and really wish they would play that up in the Xmen movies. Maybe the third one? A girl can dream LOL

Yayyy! I 'm not the only one! {{{{{{{{{{{{}}}}}}}}}}}}

Oh, and I remembered one more just before bed last night:

Joey/Rachel (Ross was an annoying whiner for me. LOL)

sg-1fanintn
August 10th, 2005, 06:37 PM
((((sg1 fanintn))))

I live in an urban conurbation (albeit on the edge) within 50 miles of three cities...unless I have a degree...no-one will give me a career-driven job.

Universities aren't in the habit of hiring undergrads that aren't studying...although my friend Gillian is a clerical assistant at Glasgow.

I'd love to do something to do with one of the following - geology, ancient history, writing or digital art...I'm going to apply for Earth Science...see if I can get that.

Everyone here has been so supportive of me...and the ammount of PMs, emails and posts here has really meant something to me...I'm so grateful I'm part of such an amazing online community.

(((((((((((((((SHIPPER FAMILY))))))))))))))))
If you printed out (or burned a CD) of some of your art work, a small printing or advertising firm would be foolish not to consider it.....at least for part-time employment! But as long as you stay focused, it will all work out!

Token
August 10th, 2005, 06:47 PM
Congratulations!!!
HailDorothy
Cathain
& sueKay

Thank you for sharing your wonderful talent with us!!
(now get those WIPs finished!:p)

BTW... Even though I have a filing cabinet full of fics and more waiting to be read and filed, I have never nominated fics. I don't really know why. :o All you fanfic authors out there should know that I, for one, am truly thankful that you share your creativity with me!! (even when you leaving me hanging :rolleyes: ) (((((Fanfic authors))))))

Buc252
August 10th, 2005, 06:48 PM
Don Diego and Victoria?!? As is the one that aired on what was then known as The Family Channel? Don Diego, played by Duncan Regehr? :D I love and *so* miss that show!

Okay, so let's see if I have a list:

Jack/Sam
Josh/Donna
Harm/Mac
Will/Deanna
Spike/Buffy

Wow, my list isn't as impressive as everyone else's, but I guess I'm picky! :D

Yes, that's the one. I really loved those Family Channel series. (I remember Zorro, Bordertown, and Rin Tin Tin, K9 Cop were all on back to back.)

And no, you're not picky. Some of us are just obsessively shippy. I've shipped all my life for somebody or other - never could really explain the compulsion, but that's me!

sueKay
August 10th, 2005, 06:53 PM
((((Token))))

I only ever nominated fanfic writers at the SJFAs...to be honest I'm not much bothered by the SGFAs.

LOL4JACK
August 10th, 2005, 06:54 PM
Congratulations!!!
HailDorothy
Cathain
& sueKay

BTW... Even though I have a filing cabinet full of fics and more waiting to be read and filed, I have never nominated fics. I don't really know why. :o All you fanfic authors out there should know that I, for one, am truly thankful that you share your creativity with me!! (even when you leaving me hanging :rolleyes: ) (((((Fanfic authors))))))
Indeed!!!! :p

Token
August 10th, 2005, 07:11 PM
Hey no worries, I'm just trying to procrastinate from actually working! :D

Nah..ah..ahhttp://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/4/4_6_109v.gif (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZNxmk705YYUS) We are *for now* patiently waiting for your genius in print!! :D How much flattery does it take to get a sequel? :rolleyes:http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/36/36_3_11.gif (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZNxmk705YYUS) :p

Cathain Nottingham
August 10th, 2005, 07:11 PM
Congratulations!!!
HailDorothy
Cathain
& sueKay

Awwww :D

Well let me counter with my own! My thanks to everyone who enjoys my work and give me such sweet and kind reviews!

((((((token and LOL4Jack)))))))

Cathain Nottingham
August 10th, 2005, 07:18 PM
Nah..ah..ahhttp://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/4/4_6_109v.gif (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZNxmk705YYUS) We are *for now* patiently waiting for your genius in print!! :D How much flattery does it take to get a sequel? :rolleyes:http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/36/36_3_11.gif (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZNxmk705YYUS) :p

:o :o :o :o :o :o
Oh jeez now I'm blushing.

*puts on cool cover* :cool: Well remember everyone, any ideas, songs or anything you have PM me!

sg-1fanintn
August 10th, 2005, 07:24 PM
Round 49 of the Fave Episodes Tournament has begun. The First Ones was eliminated in Round 48.

Divide & Conquer (the holy grail of J/S shippiness) is at #10, and is again in danger of being voted off.

You can make a difference! Please keep voting! Catch up on the tourney (and which eps have been eliminated so far) here: http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?p=4420522#post4420522

Be careful! If you accidentally vote for an ep that has already been eliminated, none of your votes will count in that round.

Sam and Jack thank you. I thank you!

ann_sgcfan
August 10th, 2005, 07:33 PM
May I Have This Dance? - Sam and Jack become dance partners when Pete is away and Daniel is unable to help out.

A Major and her Gentleman - A bachelorette auction changes Sam's life forever.

Someone to Watch Over Me - Sam and Jack go undercover as a married couple to flush out an NID conspiracy.

Yes I love all three of these stories and I can't wait for more chapters for each one!!!!!! :D

Cathain Nottingham
August 10th, 2005, 07:38 PM
Yes I love all three of these stories and I can't wait for more chapters for each one!!!!!! :D

:o / :D

Well thank you :D I'm glad you enjoy! I'm trying to get them done since I keep getting this flood of new ideas!

Lynn
August 10th, 2005, 07:39 PM
Hi everyone!

I'm here but I'm trying to think of something profound to add :P

About the voting opening, I must say I was surprised to get a nomination for my Teal'c / humor story "Ladies Man" and none for "May I Have This Dance?" or "Someone to Watch Over Me" - especially since those two stories pull in most of my reviews.

And in S/J ship related news, I'm finishing up my "A Major and her Gentleman" series and I need a song to play at Sam and Jack's wedding that will not only work for our lovely pair but allow for romantic interaction for other characters as well (fans of the series might know what I'm talking about). Anyway - any ideas?
Cathain,

I think the reason "Someone to watch over me" wasn't nominated is because unfinished stories cannot be nominated not because it isn't a great fic :-)

BTW - if you are still looking for help with it let me know what you need.

ChevronSeven
August 10th, 2005, 07:43 PM
Yes, that's the one. I really loved those Family Channel series. (I remember Zorro, Bordertown, and Rin Tin Tin, K9 Cop were all on back to back.)

And no, you're not picky. Some of us are just obsessively shippy. I've shipped all my life for somebody or other - never could really explain the compulsion, but that's me!

Oh, Rin Tin Tin K9 Cop! *sigh* I loved that show. Jessee was HOT! :)

Cathain Nottingham
August 10th, 2005, 07:45 PM
Cathain,

I think the reason "Someone to watch over me" wasn't nominated is because unfinished stories cannot be nominated not because it isn't a great fic :-)

BTW - if you are still looking for help with it let me know what you need.

Really? "May I Have This Dance?" has been nominated before though.

And really any ideas for any series or any song ideas are fantastic!

Token
August 10th, 2005, 07:48 PM
:o :o :o :o :o :o
Oh jeez now I'm blushing.

*puts on cool cover* :cool: Well remember everyone, any ideas, songs or anything you have PM me!

Let's see....hmmmm....Jack, Sam, yellow shipper cookies...is anything else needed?? :p Obviously, I'm not that creative. :rolleyes: I'm continually amazed and thankful at the creative diversity of J/S fanfic.

nell
August 10th, 2005, 07:56 PM
Round 49 of the Fave Episodes Tournament has begun. The First Ones was eliminated in Round 48.

Divide & Conquer (the holy grail of J/S shippiness) is at #10, and is again in danger of being voted off.

You can make a difference! Please keep voting! Catch up on the tourney (and which eps have been eliminated so far) here: http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?p=4420522#post4420522

Be careful! If you accidentally vote for an ep that has already been eliminated, none of your votes will count in that round.

Sam and Jack thank you. I thank you!
Thanks ((((sg-1fanintn))))) for keeping us posted about new rounds!!! I notice a flurry of familiar Shippers posting votes following your reminders!!! I truly believe that's what's keeping our D&C from being eliminated!!!

Cathain Nottingham
August 10th, 2005, 07:56 PM
Let's see....hmmmm....Jack, Sam, yellow shipper cookies...is anything else needed?? :p Obviously, I'm not that creative. :rolleyes: I'm continually amazed and thankful at the creative diversity of J/S fanfic.

I can find S/J in everything. Listening to the radio, a picture, anything! But I'll take the yellow shipper cookies and Paul McGillion. I'll be set :D

Lynn
August 10th, 2005, 07:58 PM
Really? "May I Have This Dance?" has been nominated before though.

And really any ideas for any series or any song ideas are fantastic!
It seems so - According to the offical rules "Unfinished Stories
Unfinished stories can no longer be nominated in the awards.

Stories from an unfinished series can be nominated, but only if the story itself can be read as a stand-alone."

Hope that clears things up for you.

As for "Someone.." are you blocked on where to go next or just haven't had time to write more?

Cathain Nottingham
August 10th, 2005, 08:13 PM
It seems so - According to the offical rules "Unfinished Stories
Unfinished stories can no longer be nominated in the awards.

Stories from an unfinished series can be nominated, but only if the story itself can be read as a stand-alone."

Hope that clears things up for you.

As for "Someone.." are you blocked on where to go next or just haven't had time to write more?

Ah that explains it, it was nominated awhile ago.

And with "Someone" really any scenario you'd like to see? Anything like that?

trupi
August 10th, 2005, 08:17 PM
I made 500 posts!

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b124/trupi/partypenguins.jpg

Token
August 10th, 2005, 08:17 PM
I can find S/J in everything. Listening to the radio, a picture, anything! I hear ya!! :cool:
But I'll take the yellow shipper cookies and Paul McGillion. I'll be set :D :eek:

He is a cutie!! You go girl!!;)

Cathain Nottingham
August 10th, 2005, 08:21 PM
I made 500 posts!
http://i1photobucket.com/albums/b124/trupi/partypenguins.jpg

Major congrats!!!! That's terrific!

Cathain Nottingham
August 10th, 2005, 08:29 PM
I hear ya!! :cool: :eek:

He is a cutie!! You go girl!!;)

*puts on Elvis wig* Thank you, thank you very much! :cool:

Now if you don't mind, *takes Paul and grins* I'm off to write some ship!

nell
August 10th, 2005, 08:52 PM
I made 500 posts!

Cheers for trupi's 500!!!

sclairef99
August 10th, 2005, 08:55 PM
http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/36/36_1_75.gif (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZNxmk705YYUS) *sigh* Well done!! You need to be inspired more often! Grab a glass of wine, turn on the music, and "get busy"!! ;) Ah...a Shipper is never satisfied! :p Thank goodness for all you wonderfully talented authors that are willing to share your creative spirits!! :D

THANK YOU! ((((((((((((((((TOKEN)))))))))))))))))
A nice congrats and reaching 500 all in the same day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
What a shipper piece of heaven I am in! The only thing that will complete such a good day is to sit here and read the master ship fic of

Mei Mei
HailDorthy,
Cathain
and
SueKay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Off to see the SG Awards and read and vote!

S

Cathain Nottingham
August 10th, 2005, 09:14 PM
THANK YOU! ((((((((((((((((TOKEN)))))))))))))))))
A nice congrats and reaching 500 all in the same day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
What a shipper piece of heaven I am in! The only thing that will complete such a good day is to sit here and read the master ship fic of

Mei Mei
HailDorthy,
Cathain
and
SueKay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Off to see the SG Awards and read and vote!

S

And for that!

(((((((((((sclaire)))))))))))))

trupi
August 10th, 2005, 09:15 PM
It won't let me rep. you guys, but thank you very much!

Cathain Nottingham
August 10th, 2005, 09:20 PM
It won't let me rep. you guys, but thank you very much!

You've more than earned it girl! 500?! :D

trupi
August 10th, 2005, 09:32 PM
The Conan O'Brien show had a camera crew at the SG NJ Convention on Sunday. Lynn and myself both got filmed doing a skit with Pierre Bernard. It's on tonight! We might have been cut but we'll see.

trupi
August 10th, 2005, 09:57 PM
The Conan O'Brien show had a camera crew at the SG NJ Convention on Sunday. Lynn and myself both got filmed doing a skit with Pierre Bernard. It's on tonight! We might have been cut but we'll see.
Oh well we got cut! Win some, lose some! Sorry Lynn! :(

LadyJeep
August 10th, 2005, 09:58 PM

trupi! Congrats on 500 posts!!!

majorsal
August 10th, 2005, 10:45 PM
my ship list --

sam/jack - stargate sg1
troi/riker - star trek next gen
scully/mulder - x-files
clark/lana - smallville
matt/cj - matt houston
ross/rachel - friends
buffy/spike - buffy the vampire slayer
angel/cordy - angel
val/gary - knots landing
bobby/pam - dallas
jack/kate - lost
kate/tony - navy ncis
richard/maggie - falcon crest
maggie/chris - northern exposure
dax/worf - star trek deep space nine
janeway/chakotay - star trek voyager
rootbeer/ice cream - my stomach
sally/rda - my head
susan/ross - ER
blair/george - the facts of life
hawkeye/margaret - mash
jeannie/tony - i dream of jeannie
shirley/carmine - laverne and shirley
dan/christine - night court
jack/janet - three's company (fooled you with that one, eh?:p)
laura/remington - remington steele
major west/judy - lost in space
doctor quinn/sully- doctor quinn, medicine woman
natalie/nick - forever knight

i'm not including my crush list (guys i just wanted) because there wasn't really any women on the show to ship them with. (like little joe/bonanza and nick/big valley)

i also have a feeling i'm missing someone. (and i also feel i've dated myself :p)

forever a shipper! :D

sally :D

majorsal
August 10th, 2005, 10:54 PM
three more to add to my list :p --

starbuck/athena - battlestar galactica
buck/wilma - buck rogers
lee/amanda - scarecrow and mrs king

(expect more to come)

majorsal
August 10th, 2005, 10:56 PM
another --

jarod/miss parker - pretender
mac/harm - jag

majorsal
August 10th, 2005, 11:03 PM
Yayyy! I 'm not the only one! {{{{{{{{{{{{}}}}}}}}}}}}

Oh, and I remembered one more just before bed last night:

Joey/Rachel (Ross was an annoying whiner for me. LOL)

no! :p

i like ross AND joey, but i like joey with his neighbor (can't remember the girl's name) on the show Joey.

blueiris
August 10th, 2005, 11:36 PM
my ship list --

*snipped to use in my list

i'm not including my crush list (guys i just wanted) because there wasn't really any women on the show to ship them with. (like little joe/bonanza and nick/big valley)

i also have a feeling i'm missing someone. (and i also feel i've dated myself :p)

forever a shipper! :D

I got a kick out of you list. I was in love with Nick on Big Valley, Little Joe, and quite a few more cowboys. :) My list as best I can remember. :S

* sam/jack - stargate sg1
* Mal/Inara - Firefly
* Zoe/Dan - Wild Card
* jack/kate - lost

scully/mulder - x-files
ross/rachel - friends
Chandler/Monica - Friends
Parris/B'lanna- ST Voyager
hawkeye/margaret - M*A*S*H
Doc/Nancy - Doc
Joe/Helen - Wings
Shirley/Carmine - Laverne and Shirley (a sad ending to a ship)
Overton/Synclaire - Living Single
Max/Kyle - Living Single
susan/ross - ER
troi/riker - star trek next gen -I didn't watch NG too much but did like this ship
matt/cj - matt houston *I watch MH all the time but can't recall cj (brainfreeze?)
bobby/pam - dallas

I'm feeling all mushy right now. Love my ships.

blueiris
August 10th, 2005, 11:37 PM
no! :p

i like ross AND joey, but i like joey with his neighbor (can't remember the girl's name) on the show Joey.

I can't remember her name either, but I'm hoping that's where the ship goes.

Caro
August 11th, 2005, 03:33 AM
Here is my ship list :

Jack/Sam - SG1
Scully/Mulder - The X-Files
Abby/Luka - ER (although I enjoy Sam/Luka too :))
Ross/Rachel - Friends
Lois/Clark
Josh/Dona- The West Wing
Kate/Sawyer - Lost
Sun/Michael - Lost
JD/Eliott - Scrubs
Fry/Leela - Futurama
Grissom/Catherine - CSI

galaxy
August 11th, 2005, 04:21 AM
:eek: :eek: :eek:

WOW!!!

I can't believe for how many couples you all shipped!!!!
That's....wow.

The only couples I ever shipped for were Mulder/Scully and of course Sam/Jack.
That's it!

And I think this whole shipping - as much as I love it - can be really exhausting and depressing...
and I had just 2 (!) couples...some of you had so many I stopped counting! ROFL :D

Maybe I'm too picky but I don't get easily intrigued by a ship..it has to be something special. :p

There are 5 things I need...
1. I have to love the whole show..not like it..LOVE it!!!
2. I have to love both characters..not like them..LOVE them!!!
3. I need to have a crush on the male character (LOL)
4. There has to be a great chemistry between them and....
5. The ship shouldn't be too obvious in the beginning; it has to be complicated....I want a challenge! :D :D :D

You see? That's the reason I only shipped for M/S and S/J... :rolleyes: :p

galaxy
August 11th, 2005, 04:25 AM

(....)

YAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!

The First Ones is gone!!! Wooohoooooo!!!

Finally!

(Sorry for everyone who liked that ep! :) )

girlgater
August 11th, 2005, 04:56 AM
I got a kick out of you list. I was in love with Nick on Big Valley, Little Joe, and quite a few more cowboys. :) My list as best I can remember. :S

* sam/jack - stargate sg1
* Mal/Inara - Firefly
* Zoe/Dan - Wild Card
* jack/kate - lost

scully/mulder - x-files
ross/rachel - friends
Chandler/Monica - Friends
Parris/B'lanna- ST Voyager
hawkeye/margaret - M*A*S*H
Doc/Nancy - Doc
Joe/Helen - Wings
Shirley/Carmine - Laverne and Shirley (a sad ending to a ship)
Overton/Synclaire - Living Single
Max/Kyle - Living Single
susan/ross - ER
troi/riker - star trek next gen -I didn't watch NG too much but did like this ship
matt/cj - matt houston *I watch MH all the time but can't recall cj (brainfreeze?)
bobby/pam - dallas

I've liked ship on tons of shows throughout the years too, but none compared to Sam/Jack--and I never joined any type of "society" where ship was acknowledged and appreciated.

Wow, I thought I was the only one who liked to think of Hawkeye & Margaret getting together on MASH....I liked Doug Ross with Carol Hathaway on ER, by the way and did anyone ever see the show Ed? I loved the whole (of course drawn out) Ed & Carol story. I've just started watching Firefly and love the angst thus far between Mal and Inara (can't wait to see where that goes).

I guess I'm just a hopeless romantic and first really realized it after watching Casablanca. When Rick leaves Ilsa that totally breaks my heart.

girlgater
August 11th, 2005, 05:00 AM
By the way, Solitudes comes on tonight!

atlantis_babe34
August 11th, 2005, 05:05 AM
heres my ship list

Sam|Jack-Stargate SG1
Shep|Weir- Stargate:Atlantis
Ford|Teyla- Stargate"Atlantis
Sydney|Vaughn-Alias
Marshall|Carrie- Alias
Mulder|Scully- X Files
Piper|Leo- Charmed
Paige|Glenn- Charmed
Pheobe|Jason-Charmed
Andy|Prue- Charmed
Kate|Jack- Lost
Kate|Sawyer- Lost
Janet|Daniel- Stargate SG1
Sydney|Sark- Alias
Jesse|Rory- Gilmore Girls
Lucy|Kevin- 7th Heaven
Mary|Ben- 7th Heaven

i have more post them later

NITE! :)

samisjacksgal
August 11th, 2005, 05:15 AM
havent been here in a while lol but heres my ship list too :D

sam/jack-sg1
shep/weir-sga
sara/grissom- csi
john/calleigh- csi miami
ross/rachel- friends
chandler/monica- friends
andy/prue- charmed
piper/leo - charmed
phoebe/cole- charmed
buffy/spike- buffy
mulder/scully- x files
john/aeryn- farscape
house/cameron- house m.d
harm/mac- jag
RDA/ me..........well a girl can dream :p :D

Catysg1
August 11th, 2005, 05:21 AM
Are we just talking about established ship around here or just who we ship for ?? I understand all the ship mentioned exept 2 because

Catherine /Grissom !!! I didn't know it was established ..I also know there are shippers for Sarah/ Grissom but I don't see ship in CSI ..Grissom is the boss and does not seem to want to be with either catherine or Sarah .he likes both of them equally I think . He is a smart guy :) I like him a lot :)

Same for Lost I see ship but Saywer/ Kate or Jack /Kate are not established yet . We can't say that they form a couple . I like the Kate/ Jack ship myself and I hope they will end up together but we don't know yet . I hope so :)

Caty :)

shelsfc
August 11th, 2005, 05:38 AM
Here's my ship list -

Stargate
Sam/Jack
Daniel/Janet
Daniel/Sarah
Daniel/Sha're
(mostly D/J though!)
Teal'c/Ishta
Sheppard/Weir

Star Trek
Tom/B'Elanna
Trip/T'Pol
Janeway/Chakotay
Riker/Troi
Picard/Crusher
Odo/Kira
The Doctor/Seven (a little bit!)

Hawkeye/Margaret (MASH)
Archie/Lexie (Monarch of the Glen)
Fry/Leela (Futurama)
Fletch/Lynda (Dream Team)
JD/Elliot (Scrubs)
Ross/Rachel (Friends)

I think that's it....:D

Catysg1
August 11th, 2005, 05:43 AM
((((suekay ))) I saw your post about Lost . I told you it was great :) I watched the 3 episodes last night and Kate/ Jack all the way . They are just lovely and she even wanted to tell him her secret , just to show how much she trusts him .

Lovely ship between the 2 of them :)

and Lost revealed is on Saturday and Sunday on E4 . Will be watching that 2 and make my first Kate/Jack video in the next few days :)
My hubby loved the show too ..He thought it was original and great special effect ..I love the ending in Tabula RaSA ..THE slow motion and the song :)

Pure delight to watch that show and a nice breath of fresh air :)

Chrysalis
August 11th, 2005, 06:07 AM
Are we just talking about established ship around here or just who we ship for ?? I understand all the ship mentioned exept 2 because

Catherine /Grissom !!! I didn't know it was established ..I also know there are shippers for Sarah/ Grissom but I don't see ship in CSI ..Grissom is the boss and does not seem to want to be with either catherine or Sarah .he likes both of them equally I think . He is a smart guy :) I like him a lot :)

Same for Lost I see ship but Saywer/ Kate or Jack /Kate are not established yet . We can't say that they form a couple . I like the Kate/ Jack ship myself and I hope they will end up together but we don't know yet . I hope so :)

I like Nick and Sara on CSI. Also Danny and Aiden on CSI NY. And (I think.....) Kate and Jack on Lost. Had a funny Lost moment tonight! They mentioned a politician, and I kind of expected it to be a made up one, but no, it was Warren Truss, our Agriculture Minister (well, agriculture as well as fisheries and forestry). So weird hearing his name on a show like Lost!

On Stargate, it has to be Sam/Jack and Shep/Weir

sueKay
August 11th, 2005, 06:11 AM
HELLO SHIPPERS!!!

((((((Shipper Family))))))))

Just because :D

WELCOME BACK SAMISJACKSGAL!!!

JACK/KATE all the way!!!!!!! I LOVE lost!!!!!!

I think my favourite ship will always be Janeway/Chakotay...it was my first!!!!!!!!

If incomplete fics aren't allowed at fan awards...it could explain a lot! I've only ever finished one!!!!

So did no-one like the gem I found a few pages back...

this was a REAL sign - On a Scientist's door - Gone Fission!

gate_girl12
August 11th, 2005, 06:19 AM
Hey everyone. Originally had a longer message planned but my 'puter keeps getting futzed up. I am convinced that it is evil, so I'll make this short.

(((sueKay)))
As an archaeology student, I say go for it as you got great English marks. Get as much field experience as possible though. I as of yet have not met an archaeologist as hot as Daniel, but my fingers are crossed.

(((Caty)))
Never got into JAG after season 1... just could never accept the fact that a lawyer continually saved the day (no offence to lawyers out there). That's why Stargate and sci-fi are so great. Blowing up suns and glow worm enemies are just tangible in Sci-fi. Saving the world never gets old, no matter what the situation.

In regards to shippyness and its lack of expression, it'll probably never happen between Sam and Jack in the show (in our lifetime anyway), not when the USAF endorses the show (Damn!). It does however, allow us viewers and shipper to read between the lines and examine the what ifs. The results are some really brilliant fanfics.

Have a great weekend kids :)

Great shippy moment btw: in The Light, in the opening credits when Sam and Jack are discussing his bet with Daniel, right before the guy goes 'whoosh' surfing. Great chemisty. don't know if that was mentioned before. Cheers.

sueKay
August 11th, 2005, 06:23 AM
(((gate girl)))

Thank you!

Well I'll love you all and leave you...It's time to don the clothes I apore! :P:P

(icky green shirt for work with a name badge...joy!)

Billie
August 11th, 2005, 06:34 AM

Oh majorsal I LOVED scarecrow and mrs king!!! Lee and Amanda were great! I spent a year au pairing in New York when I was 18 (scary how long ago that is now!!) and videoed all the episodes I could to bring home coz it wasn't on over here then!
As for Mulder and Scully I avidly watched the X Files until DD left and then I stopped, totally missing the resolution of their ship ....that's why I'm gonna have to carry on watching sg1 as I couldn't bear to miss Jack and Sam's ship sailing in! :p

ps - anyone wanna fill me in on how the mulder/scully ship was played out? I know it's OT but how about a pic of j&s as advance compensation!

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a57/pcbillie/js11.jpg

gate_girl12
August 11th, 2005, 06:50 AM
I was a Mulder/Scully fan until the movie...right as they're about to kiss.......

She gets stung by a freakin' bee!!!! What was going on with that!!!

I can just imagine if TPTB did that in Stargate... Sam and Jack about to kiss...and the 'gate gets attacked by something!!! There'd be shipper riots across the world and a LOT of TV's kicked in!!!

gate_girl12
August 11th, 2005, 07:10 AM
I promise this will be the last one for me today but... was just reading Alli Snow's "Firefly" from the SJ fanfic awards and I keep coming across this in many other fanfics also: Does Sam's house actually belong to Jacob????

shipper hannah
August 11th, 2005, 07:49 AM
hellooo shipper family! just thought i'd pop in to say,
how awesome was LOST last night?! :D :D :D :D
oh, and woohooo! s/j ship rocks! :o

gatebee
August 11th, 2005, 08:20 AM
Oh well we got cut! Win some, lose some! Sorry Lynn! :(
I was so tired last night. Waited to watch . Saw it too. Tried looking for you guys. Pity you were cut.

gatebee
August 11th, 2005, 08:42 AM
Ships
Sam and Jack - SG1
Harm and Mac - JAG
AJ and Meredith - JAG
Mulder and Scully - X-Files
Olivia and Elliot - SVU
Doug and Carol - ER
Mark and Elizabeth - ER
Abby and Luka - ER

trupi
August 11th, 2005, 09:17 AM
Oh majorsal I LOVED scarecrow and mrs king!!! Lee and Amanda were great! I spent a year au pairing in New York when I was 18 (scary how long ago that is now!!) and videoed all the episodes I could to bring home coz it wasn't on over here then!
As for Mulder and Scully I avidly watched the X Files until DD left and then I stopped, totally missing the resolution of their ship ....that's why I'm gonna have to carry on watching sg1 as I couldn't bear to miss Jack and Sam's ship sailing in! :p

ps - anyone wanna fill me in on how the mulder/scully ship was played out? I know it's OT but how about a pic of j&s as advance compensation!

I love Scarecrow and Mrs. King- My daughter middle name is Amanda (her first Christine is named after nurse Chapel from ST) and if I had a boy I was going to name him Christopher Lee. But my husband said that he wasn't going to name his child after an actor who played Dracula! I purchased a Babylon 5 lithograph with Bruce Boxleitner sig.on it. Still have my original VHS tape from the 80's. I need to move the collection to DVD.

Silver
August 11th, 2005, 09:59 AM
my ship list --

rootbeer/ice cream - my stomach
sally/rda - my head
susan/ross - ER

Lovin' that subtle addition, majorsal :D

LOL4JACK
August 11th, 2005, 10:41 AM
I was so tired last night. Waited to watch . Saw it too. Tried looking for you guys. Pity you were cut.
They did cut a lot... but I did see SugarShaker's back :D

they're about to kiss.......

I can just imagine if TPTB did that in Stargate... Sam and Jack about to kiss...and the 'gate gets attacked by something!!! There'd be shipper riots across the world and a LOT of TV's kicked in!!!

Does writing the kiss and cutting it our count!!!!!! /RANT :p

plague
August 11th, 2005, 11:26 AM
Hi everyone! I have a question to all S/J shippers. I am a shipper myself and I was watching SG-1 again (lost no of times I've watched it so far.) and I had a doubt in the Shipper.

Did Sam really have Feelings for Jack BEFORE Season 7??

I am asking this because I was getting the feeling that she did not. She did show some emotions when he was stuck in the planet where Asteroid hitted and when Fraiser asked her whether it is a problem, she denied it. But later on, it was all feelings from Jack's side. He only showed emotions in the "Upgrades" episode where she was stuck behind the force field. And in the Zar'tak test, he only expressed his feelings. They didn't show her confessions and it seemed like she was hiding the fact that Jack had feelings for her. And when Jack was stuck in the planet with Maybourne, she was upset because it was partially her fault (which she said it herself) and also her crying was the similar reaction she showed when Daniel ascended. She did however showed some feelings in Season 7 and then she moved on to Pete. Then she was having doubts and was questioning herself with Pete. And finally she broke it off. That's when her feelings was truly felt and expressed.

I got the doubts because there were many occasions where Jack showed his feelings openly. He risked his life a lot of time for her and when the Entity took control of her, he said she was special and also when Neerti tested her, he wanted to switch places with her. But then in Season 7 & 8, he was withdrawing while she was willing to take a chance (I have no idea why). But there were many occasions where she didn't show any feelings what so ever of his missing of life risks. Like the time when he was missing in Ba'als fortress.. she didn't show any emotions towards him missing and being tortured. And she had feelings for other people as well like the Ancient Guy, Tollan Guy, Tok'ra Guy (didn't want to remember their names because of me disliking them. ) and even the Bad Guy who escaped the Prison transfer ship (showed some kind of attraction towards him). And she did keep refusing Jack's requests to go Fishing (another way to ask for a date I guess since she would be the only one with him IF she went). So these things made me think whether she actually did have any feelings before Season 7. If she did, then either she was in Denial or she clearly didn't want the feelings to be there.

So tell me your thoughts and what you think of this...

PS : I also hated the episode of Year 2010 where Sam was married to the Ambassoder and Jack was spending his time alone after retirement. And the way both of them acted showed that he had feelings for her and was pretty angry at her for not trusting him and I didn't like the fact of how she was saying "I was hoping you would get over it." so easily as if it didn't matter to her. Kind of selfish like.... But in the next episode where Daniel was taught a lesson by the Go'uld child who gave a flash into the future, Sam was arrested for her opinions and she says to Jack that her opinion matters something to him and he did act upon her opinion which showed how much he trusted her and believed in her. So it kind of showed how the future would have played up at that time.

sueKay
August 11th, 2005, 11:33 AM
WELCOME PLAGUE to the madness that is the SHIPPER FAMILY!

My brain's quite frazzled at the moment, so I'll get back to you about your question!

trupi
August 11th, 2005, 11:37 AM
Hi everyone! I have a question to all S/J shippers. I am a shipper myself and I was watching SG-1 again (lost no of times I've watched it so far.) and I had a doubt in the Shipper.

Did Sam really have Feelings for Jack BEFORE Season 7??

I am asking this because I was getting the feeling that she did not. She did show some emotions when he was stuck in the planet where Asteroid hitted and when Fraiser asked her whether it is a problem, she denied it. But later on, it was all feelings from Jack's side. He only showed emotions in the "Upgrades" episode where she was stuck behind the force field. And in the Zar'tak test, he only expressed his feelings. They didn't show her confessions and it seemed like she was hiding the fact that Jack had feelings for her. And when Jack was stuck in the planet with Maybourne, she was upset because it was partially her fault (which she said it herself) and also her crying was the similar reaction she showed when Daniel ascended. She did however showed some feelings in Season 7 and then she moved on to Pete. Then she was having doubts and was questioning herself with Pete. And finally she broke it off. That's when her feelings was truly felt and expressed.

I got the doubts because there were many occasions where Jack showed his feelings openly. He risked his life a lot of time for her and when the Entity took control of her, he said she was special and also when Neerti tested her, he wanted to switch places with her. But then in Season 7 & 8, he was withdrawing while she was willing to take a chance (I have no idea why). But there were many occasions where she didn't show any feelings what so ever of his missing of life risks. Like the time when he was missing in Ba'als fortress.. she didn't show any emotions towards him missing and being tortured. And she had feelings for other people as well like the Ancient Guy, Tollan Guy, Tok'ra Guy (didn't want to remember their names because of me disliking them. ) and even the Bad Guy who escaped the Prison transfer ship (showed some kind of attraction towards him). And she did keep refusing Jack's requests to go Fishing (another way to ask for a date I guess since she would be the only one with him IF she went). So these things made me think whether she actually did have any feelings before Season 7. If she did, then either she was in Denial or she clearly didn't want the feelings to be there.

So tell me your thoughts and what you think of this...

I felt the same way as you. Sam was a little unclear when it came to returning Jack's affections. But I do believe she does but sometimes uses it when it suited her. Not right, but the way it was written. Jack was suppose to be the killer(shoots first, asks questions later) and dense mentally, she is the smart one, who asks questions first, then asks some more and then feels bad. But isn't that the way of the world. The smart with no common sense and the person with less education knows the true meaning of life. Plus he has 15 years on her. So I think it was written to reflect real life situations. (In my opinion)

UhSir
August 11th, 2005, 11:51 AM

You know of the others, the unbelievers.
Those who stray must be guided back to the path.
It is we who must seek the truth of the universe in order to achieve enlightenment.
Hallowed be the S/J ship!

Ahem, um, my thoughts, right. It is a matter of interpretation for each person. I recommend you not try to rationalize every detail of every scene or piece of dialog between or about Sam and Jack. You'll only drive yourself insane. The ambiguity is on purpose.

lonely_star
August 11th, 2005, 11:56 AM
well personnaly I have no doubt about the fact she has feelings before season7, it's just a different way of showing it

when Jack hurts you can see it in his behavior and face like in Entity, but sam, it's far more idfficult to show it because she denies it..to herself but to the others too, like Janet...so it's less interesting for TPTB to explore the visual and script side of the thing. I say that because I'm student in audiovisual and I imagine myself filming something like that. And it is not a surprise to really see Sam's feelings with the apparition of :eek: because it's the only way to really "SHOW" on screen her thoughts and feelings respecting the character and her psychology....it might not be very clear here but I am sure those feelings were there long before season 7
it's just much more easy and interesting to explore the Jack side of the "ship" than the Sam side because of Jack's past and psychology, and more interesting for all viewer not only shippers...can you imagine long monologues by sam about her feelings...no way ! so well they had to find a way to express that...Jack acts , Sam speaks...this is right for the general side of the show and to the ship too... (careful I'm not saying that Sam is not acting :) ...don't want my butt to be kicked :p )

and if you read between the lines she said something in the Zatarc test like "something neither one of us can admit because of our working relationship" (I know it's not exact) but come on for me that means that THERE IS something to admit !! and saying nothing she admits it...all in this relationship is in the non spoken and that is a clue...for me...I take it like this so well, that is my answer, I hope you understood it and BTW....

WELCOME !

plague
August 11th, 2005, 12:11 PM
well personnaly I have no doubt about the fact she has feelings before season7, it's just a different way of showing it

when Jack hurts you can see it in his behavior and face like in Entity, but sam, it's far more idfficult to show it because she denies it..to herself but to the others too, like Janet...so it's less interesting for TPTB to explore the visual and script side of the thing. I say that because I'm student in audiovisual and I imagine myself filming something like that. And it is not a surprise to really see Sam's feelings with the apparition of :eek: because it's the only way to really "SHOW" on screen her thoughts and feelings respecting the character and her psychology....it might not be very clear here but I am sure those feelings were there long before season 7
it's just much more easy and interesting to explore the Jack side of the "ship" than the Sam side because of Jack's past and psychology, and more interesting for all viewer not only shippers...can you imagine long monologues by sam about her feelings...no way ! so well they had to find a way to express that...Jack acts , Sam speaks...this is right for the general side of the show and to the ship too... (careful I'm not saying that Sam is not acting :) ...don't want my butt to be kicked :p )

and if you read between the lines she said something in the Zatarc test like "something neither one of us can admit because of our working relationship" (I know it's not exact) but come on for me that means that THERE IS something to admit !! and saying nothing she admits it...all in this relationship is in the non spoken and that is a clue...for me...I take it like this so well, that is my answer, I hope you understood it and BTW....

WELCOME !

Well... unless I got it wrong, she DID show some emotions towards the Tok'Ra guy and also some kind of feelings towards the Tollan guy. But it was not the same case with Jack. And also I do agree that she might have had some feelings for him and she was in denial... but there would be no need to reject his offer for the date by the lake now is there? Doesn'r seem accurate. And about the character... Jack's Character is more strong and doesn't show emotions more than Sam. He was being strong and then he was a bit soft towards Sam & the other members in his team. Even as a leader and as a person he was always covering her 6. I guess I was just expecting a bit more reaction from her than plain non-reaction to emotional scenes. :S

lonely_star
August 11th, 2005, 12:19 PM
Well... unless I got it wrong, she DID show some emotions towards the Tok'Ra guy and also some kind of feelings towards the Tollan guy. But it was not the same case with Jack. And also I do agree that she might have had some feelings for him and she was in denial... but there would be no need to reject his offer for the date by the lake now is there? Doesn'r seem accurate. And about the character... Jack's Character is more strong and doesn't show emotions more than Sam. He was being strong and then he was a bit soft towards Sam & the other members in his team. Even as a leader and as a person he was always covering her 6. I guess I was just expecting a bit more reaction from her than plain non-reaction to emotional scenes. :S

yes I understand your frustration but my opinion on that was more technical than just facts, I just sid that if we've seen more Jack moments than Sam it's because the Jack charcater is more complex and more interesting to show and explore for TPTB than Sam could be on a personal side. Jack carries his heavy past and the responsability he has for his team..that's what I wanted to say

then of course, she turned down his propositions but this not means (for me) than she doesn't have feelings for him. Sam thinks...a lot ...too much....Jack is reacting and thinking after. So of course she rejects him because she thinks and she knows that if she says yes...she might regret it...not on a personal level but on a professional level...they are air force and they respect each other and if Jack asks it's because he knows she will turn him down like she says. So IMHO it's a flirting game...kind of....and a very good way to keep people watching...a lot of smiles, blush and frustration....because a lot of those moments and not reaction and upside down situation are here for one reason and only one in their mind $$$$...but I'm loosing it here !! :p

well maybe this time it's a bit clearer :rolleyes:

gatebee
August 11th, 2005, 12:26 PM
yes I understand your frustration but my opinion on that was more technical than just facts, I just sid that if we've seen more Jack moments than Sam it's because the Jack charcater is more complex and more interesting to show and explore for TPTB than Sam could be on a personal side. Jack carries his heavy past and the responsability he has for his team..that's what I wanted to say

then of course, she turned down his propositions but this not means (for me) than she doesn't have feelings for him. Sam thinks...a lot ...too much....Jack is reacting and thinking after. So of course she rejects him because she thinks and she knows that if she says yes...she might regret it...not on a personal level but on a professional level...they are air force and they respect each other and if Jack asks it's because he knows she will turn him down like she says. So IMHO it's a flirting game...kind of....and a very good way to keep people watching...a lot of smiles, blush and frustration....because a lot of those moments and not reaction and upside down situation are here for one reason and only one in their mind $$$$...but I'm loosing it here !! :p

it is a flirting game and they do it so well but FCOL 8 yrs .... time to do something about it

plague
August 11th, 2005, 12:28 PM

then of course, she turned down his propositions but this not mean (for me) than she doesn't have feelings for him. Sam thinks...a lot ...too much....Jack is reacting and thinking after. So of course she rejects him because she thinks and she knows that if she says yes...she might regret it...not on a personal level but on a professional level...they are air force and they respect each other and if Jack asks it's because he knows sh will tunr him down like she says. So IMHO it's a flirting game...kind of....

It's clearer now on the point of view of Jack's life. I agree to that as well. To be honest, they did cover up Sam's life as well didn't they? Like the way all those guys showing their interest in her and also a couple of episodes of her getting kidnapped (once by civilians and once in Prometheus) and then in Season 7 & 8, episodes of her in Prometheus and also her & pete. So basically after Jack falling in love with Sam and turning down Freya (who is a hot chick for Tok'Ra by the way), they couldn't make any more personal connections for him with any other women... So only way to show his feelings is in Sam's situations. That's what you are saying right?? I agree to that as well.

But I am still a bit confused about her thinking too much about saying Yes to the trip to the lake. Because in Season 8, she was the one who was pushing it and he was trying to hide from it. Maybe he was questioning himself or the feelings, or maybe something else was there. But in Season 8, she was more than willing to go on and I guess she must have wanted to take the risk. And finally they did go to the lake for fishing would have been a symbolic response that she was willing to take the risk & so was he. I'm just guessing here so feel free to point out your facts & thoughts.

UhSir
August 11th, 2005, 12:39 PM
but there would be no need to reject his offer for the date by the lake now is there?

I can think of a few:

Jack is her boss. Not that there is anything wrong with that, but the mind-game this leads to is what would make her reject the idea.
The dreaded military regulations. Pure bunk, but they say it often enough on the show to make it a reason.
She doesn't fair so well with up-close-and-personal relationships and she really likes Jack so she doesn't want to risk ruining the friendship.
She doesn't like fishing.
She doesn't really know what she wants. She's been busy with her career and many years building up that emotional wall. (Remember what she said in COTG about "reproductive organs" and it's not just a wall but a reinforced-concrete wall.)

Gatetrixer
August 11th, 2005, 12:41 PM
I wanted the Professor to at least show a pulse and go for someone (probably Mary Ann). :D

Actually, though, a lot of my shipping has been for characters in books(plus movies), as my series TV has been limited the last few years, or I happen on them in re-runs when the ship or lack of ship has already been determined, but I watch anyway. No particular reason why I miss the series TV, except that I watch a lot of public TV and there's only so much time. There's ship in the public TV fiction shows, but they don't run all that long. Well, if anyone remembers Upstairs/Downstairs that did run a looooong time. Can't even remember if I shipped for anyone on that. I did pull for Ross/Rachel on NBC though, as I watched that, and was rewarded. I'm reading two series of mysteries now with ship and eagerly await the next books.

lonely_star
August 11th, 2005, 12:49 PM
it is a flirting game and they do it so well but FCOL 8 yrs .... time to do something about it

I know I was just extrapoliate a little ...too much :D
you're damned right !!! :D :D and I have a soltuion for them !! a BIG HONKIN KISS !!!!!! :p

sueKay
August 11th, 2005, 12:52 PM
sueKay presents...

In Between the Threads - Chapter 10 - In Between the lines 2 (http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2257773/10/)
Based DIRECTLY on Threads.

Read and review please!!!!!!

Shipaholic
August 11th, 2005, 01:06 PM
Hi Everyone,
This is my first post, I hope it works.I've been lurking for a little while now. I started watching stargate at the end of june, and thanks to netflix, I'm now in season 5. I was inspired to delurk by all of the ship lists. Here are mine:
Sam/Jack
Mulder/Scully
John/Delenn (B5)
Marcus/Ivanova (B5)
Lyta/Zack (B5)
Ross/Rachel
Chandler/Monica
Harm/Mac
Jarod/Miss Parker
Lee/Amanda
Remington/Laura
Kate/Jack (LOST)
Charlie/Claire (LOST)
Picard/Crusher
Michael/Nikita (La femme nikita)
Lois/Clark
Joe/Helen (wings)
Fran/Mr. Sheffield
Carrie/Big (Sex and the City)

lonely_star
August 11th, 2005, 01:14 PM
It's clearer now on the point of view of Jack's life. I agree to that as well. To be honest, they did cover up Sam's life as well didn't they? Like the way all those guys showing their interest in her and also a couple of episodes of her getting kidnapped (once by civilians and once in Prometheus) and then in Season 7 & 8, episodes of her in Prometheus and also her & pete. So basically after Jack falling in love with Sam and turning down Freya (who is a hot chick for Tok'Ra by the way), they couldn't make any more personal connections for him with any other women... So only way to show his feelings is in Sam's situations. That's what you are saying right?? I agree to that as well.

But I am still a bit confused about her thinking too much about saying Yes to the trip to the lake. Because in Season 8, she was the one who was pushing it and he was trying to hide from it. Maybe he was questioning himself or the feelings, or maybe something else was there. But in Season 8, she was more than willing to go on and I guess she must have wanted to take the risk. And finally they did go to the lake for fishing would have been a symbolic response that she was willing to take the risk & so was he. I'm just guessing here so feel free to point out your facts & thoughts.

:o I got the impression that you are thinking a lot more than i'm doing. I mean I was just answering the first question about feelings for Sam BEFORE season 7, and think that she has some, and that we can't say that she lacks of feelings because we see less Sam moments than Jack moments in the ship. Then of course there are other guys and girls but hey, that's a show, they have to keep us watching that's what I was saying. then season 8 I haven't even thought about that. I was just thinking in term of season 1 to 6 cause after well, like everything the relationship and the way the characters are treated evolve. So I think we are just on different levels of interpretation but both are ok. I think there are not good or bad answers, it's all a question of interpretation and of sensibility.

but I didn't want to say at all that the only way for Jack to show his feelings was in Sam's situations...not at all...I don't really see the link but that's ok, my english is a little confusing sometimes...especially when the thought is confused :D was just saying they accentuate more Jack stories regarding his feelings (for Sam or not, ex : Abyss) than Sam's and of course they did some Sam stories but it was just an observation regarding the ship treatment, but once again I think the rejection to the invitation have nothing to do with the lack of feelings...hesitation, fear of something that could hapen, certainly but abscence of feelings, I don't think so. You don't act the way she acts for 6 seasons with NO feelings at all...and I hear you...she is her friend, she respects him and like him like she does with Daniel...no way , my shipper heart says that those eyes do not look at him like with Daniel and this is before season7 :)

sueKay
August 11th, 2005, 01:14 PM
WELCOME SHIPAHOLIC!!!!!!!!!!

Glad you decided to delurk!

That's an impressive list! I need to update mines as I forgot quite a few!

lonely_star
August 11th, 2005, 01:17 PM
well something is sure after this "discussion" !! I'm a shipper !!!! :D :p

I find ship in everything...even lack of Sam moments :) and BTW that was a very interesting question ! I'll have to think more about it...by myself I know I'm kinda hard to follow when I begin !! lol

SUEKAY !!!!
I'm gonna kick you b*** more often if you post a new chapter each time !!!!!!!!!!YAY !! you rock !!! I'm off to read your fic right now !!!!!!!

Cathain you'd better do the same soon !!!! :D :D

lonely_star
August 11th, 2005, 01:33 PM
sueKay presents...

In Between the Threads - Chapter 10 - In Between the lines 2 (http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2257773/10/)

well Suekay, no surprise here....I liked it :)
I'm glad you posted this new chapter and I hope you're working on the next one ;) It was so short for such an hungry shipper like me !! LOL

wow I who do not post often, I have posted for weeks tonite ! I'm gonna hibern with the pinguins in Atlantica now... :p see ya later folks ! :)

plague
August 11th, 2005, 01:33 PM
I did see some sort of connection between both of them since the beginning of the show. That's how I became a Shipper in the first place. And that's why I'm kind of sad of Jack leaving the show because I wanted a Fairy Tale Ending to the Ship. And I hope I'll get one before the show gets shut down. After watching all the episodes again & again, I started to see some flaws in her emotions and that's why I raised the question. Especially the way she reacted in 2010 episode (see my comment in my initial post. I updated the post). I hated that episode by the way. I also disliked all the episodes with guys who were hitting on Sam unless they DIE in that episode. :cool:

By the way, I see people posting their fiction stories here. I want to share the story I read in the Fanfiction website which I thought is really cool and close to be a real episode. To other writers... :o I'm not dissing your stories as I read a lot of them. But some of the stories I read are more fictional even for a fiction TV show. Story should suit the flow of the story and also must match the characters in the show. I felt that in this story. So if you want, have a read through this story. :)

REALITIES APART (http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2387195/1/) :D

ST-1
August 11th, 2005, 02:03 PM
So IMHO it's a flirting game...kind of...

I agree. Subtle flirting is really all they CAN do, given the reg's. :rolleyes:

Personally, I think Sam is way more conflicted than Jack. SHE'S the one who's worried about appearances, worried about her career, worried about having her heart broken (AGAIN), and worried that she's not "relationship material." In Grace, when Jacob tells her she deserves to love someone and be loved in return, she breaks down. This, to me, says she feels she DOESN'T deserve this kind of love...just another reason for her to keep Jack at arm's length. She's in love with him, but she'd rather keep him as a friend than lose him as a lover.

Jack, IMO, is an open book. His feelings for Sam are right there, very close to the surface. He said it in Grace: "Let's face it; I'm not that complex." :p His restraint, it seems, is more out of respect for Sam than for the reg's (which he probably never cared about in the first place) or his career (which has already ended in retirement...twice!) But he sees how conflicted Sam is, and would never ask her to give up her career or commit to anything she isn't sure about. So he just keeps waiting for her to decide what she wants.

In other words, I think the whole ship hinges on whether or not Sam can conquer her issues of unworthiness and sort out her priorities. If her personal happiness ever supercedes her career-driven life, she'll go be with Jack in a heartbeat. Not until she's ready, though...and judging by the end of S8, I think she's nearly there. ;)

And yes, 8 years is a looooooong time to sit on the fence...but everybody's got to do things their own way, in their own time. If it's meant to be, it will be. :p

Thus concludes another of ST-1's half-baked S/J Ship Theories. :D

Catysg1
August 11th, 2005, 02:36 PM

In the Truth ( very shippy ) we had a big Honking kiss in Mulder's cell ( He was in jail) and it was a long kiss ..then we also had the scene where he grabbed Scully 's hand and put it next to his heart still in Mulder's jail . Right at the end they are both in a motel room in Roswell ..the same motel as the pilote episode where Scully had to take her clothes off to show her lower back to Mulder ( Mosquito bites) but this time in "the Truth ", they talk, she is lying on the bed with her towelling robe on ..Mulder is sitting on the floor with his back against the bed ..he turns around to face her ...grabs her golden cross ...and then rubs his thumb on scully 's lips ..she kisses his thumb ( very nicely done and emotional) then he climbs on the bed , lies down next to her facing each other with one leg over her body ..and they cuddle ... he says "There is always hope" and fade to blacK ..really , really nice scene ..I'll try to get the pics for you :)

Now do you think that Stargate TPTB will be able to do something similar for Sam and Jack ???!!!I doubt it !!! but "There is always hope " LOL :D

Catysg1
August 11th, 2005, 02:49 PM
crossed.

(((Caty)))
Never got into JAG after season 1... just could never accept the fact that a lawyer continually saved the day (no offence to lawyers out there). That's why Stargate and sci-fi are so great. Blowing up suns and glow worm enemies are just tangible in Sci-fi. Saving the world never gets old, no matter what the situation.

In regards to shippyness and its lack of expression, it'll probably never happen between Sam and Jack in the show (in our lifetime anyway), not when the USAF endorses the show (Damn!). It does however, allow us viewers and shipper to read between the lines and examine the what ifs. The results are some really brilliant fanfics.

Have a great weekend kids :)

Great shippy moment btw: in The Light, in the opening credits when Sam and Jack are discussing his bet with Daniel, right before the guy goes 'whoosh' surfing. Great chemisty. don't know if that was mentioned before. Cheers.

JAG got interesting after season 1 with the arrival of Mac . I stopped taping season 1 because it is a little boring for me ..I like the chemistry with Harm and Mac ..specially since they had a pact about their relationship . Then you can read between the lines too but at least they can talk about their feelings about each other openly . ..and there are some really funny episodes .

Now does any of you watch NCIS ?
If yes , what do you think about Tony /Kate ..isn't it a really interesting case of Love / hate relationship between the 2 of them ..It's so funny :D They make me laugh so much :)

Sam and Jack ..well what can I say!! ...It was really good :) but I got tired of it in season 8 . Let's say " very little , too late " and the ship should have been resolved properly on screen before the new show ( season 9 ) started .I have a feeling that it's now too late to see anything else between Sam and Jack on screen because season 9 is not for them . The new show is attracting new fans and the show is directed to them not to the old dedicated fans ( mostly regarding the old ship) . We see Daniel with a new ship in season 9 .. I even think that we won't see Ishta with teal'c in season 9 because it's an old ship ..and it seems like TPTB is going for new ship all the way . :(

Caty :

gatebee
August 11th, 2005, 02:54 PM
I know I was just extrapoliate a little ...too much :D
you're damned right !!! :D :D and I have a soltuion for them !! a BIG HONKIN KISS !!!!!! :p
totally agree .... BIG HONKING KISS ...in RL

plague
August 11th, 2005, 02:58 PM
JAG got interesting after season 1 with the arrival of Mac . I stopped taping season 1 because it is a little boring for me ..I like the chemistry with Harm and Mac ..specially since they had a pact about their relationship . Then you can read between the lines too but at last they can talk about their feelings about each other openly to each other . ..and there are some really funny episodes .

If yes , what do you think about Tony /Kate ..isn't it a really interesting case of Love / hate relationship between the 2 of them ..It's so funny :D They make me laugh so much :)

Sam and Jack ..well what can I say!! ...It was really good :) but I got tired of it in season 8 . Let's say " very little , too late " and the ship should have been resolved properly on screen before the new show ( season 9 ) started .I have have a feeling that it's now too late to see anything else between Sam and Jack on screen because season 9 is not for them . The new show is attracting new fans and the show is directed to them not to the od dedicated fans mostly regarding the old ship . We see Daniel with a new ship in season 9 .. I even think that we won't see Ishta with teal'c in season 9 because it's an old ship ..and it seems like TPTB is going for new ship all the way . :(

Caty :

I personally didn't like Mac's character as she was a bit (don't want to insult) out-of-control when it comes to guys. And if I'm not mistaken, didn't she have an affair with her CO in that? And she still wasn't court marshalled and I was wondering how Jack & Sam have that problem between them. I did like the chemistry between Harm & Mac but they just move on to other guys or girls automatically. Jack & Sam didn't move on... Atleast Jack didn't until Sam got engaged with Pete. So Harm & Mac cannot be compared with Jack & Sam.

And in NCIS, Kate & Tony does have some chemistry but both of them doesn't seem like a Shipper couple to me. Infact, Kate was the one who was helping Tony with "Jessica Steen" in Season 1. I think they are more like brother/sister friendship than flirting type.

I agree in Season 8, Jack & Sam were getting a bit over-rated but it was the only thing left for me in Season 8. I preferred to watch the episodes where it had something between them than the other stories they had in Season 8. Season 9 is not worthy of watching for me at the moment. Not so excited to watch it immediately. Hope it will change with some of Jack/Sam episodes.

sg-1fanintn
August 11th, 2005, 03:10 PM
Oooooohhhhhh!

Today, Skiffy's running Solitudes!

S1 Shippy!

Shippy!

Shippy!!!

Let's go watch!!!!!

sueKay
August 11th, 2005, 03:19 PM
Okay...here's a collage I've made for S/J for my fic 'In Between the Threads'

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b298/suz_k/inbetween.jpg

scjon
August 11th, 2005, 03:27 PM
I agree. Subtle flirting is really all they CAN do, given the reg's. :rolleyes:

Personally, I think Sam is way more conflicted than Jack. SHE'S the one who's worried about appearances, worried about her career, worried about having her heart broken (AGAIN), and worried that she's not "relationship material." In Grace, when Jacob tells her she deserves to love someone and be loved in return, she breaks down. This, to me, says she feels she DOESN'T deserve this kind of love...just another reason for her to keep Jack at arm's length. She's in love with him, but she'd rather keep him as a friend than lose him as a lover.

Jack, IMO, is an open book. His feelings for Sam are right there, very close to the surface. He said it in Grace: "Let's face it; I'm not that complex." :p His restraint, it seems, is more out of respect for Sam than for the reg's (which he probably never cared about in the first place) or his career (which has already ended in retirement...twice!) But he sees how conflicted Sam is, and would never ask her to give up her career or commit to anything she isn't sure about. So he just keeps waiting for her to decide what she wants.

In other words, I think the whole ship hinges on whether or not Sam can conquer her issues of unworthiness and sort out her priorities. If her personal happiness ever supercedes her career-driven life, she'll go be with Jack in a heartbeat. Not until she's ready, though...and judging by the end of S8, I think she's nearly there. ;)

And yes, 8 years is a looooooong time to sit on the fence...but everybody's got to do things their own way, in their own time. If it's meant to be, it will be. :p

Thus concludes another of ST-1's half-baked S/J Ship Theories. :D
I think this theory is pretty accurate and I agree that Sam is "nearly there" by the end of Season 8.

As for other ships, well currently Sam and Jack have made me a shipper again and I now see ship everywhere, especially 9th Doctor (Who)/Rose. I haven't seen JAG or Lost though

I was a shipper back in the 1980s (although I had no idea that it was called that then). I largely shipped for:

Maddie/David (Moonlighting)
Dempsey/Makepeace (from the show of the same name)

In the 1990's, it was:
Lois/Clark,
Will/Deanna,
Sheridan/Delenn (Babylon 5)
Ross/Rachel (to begin with and at the end-got lost somewhere in the middle)

sg-1fanintn
August 11th, 2005, 03:29 PM
Nice work, sueKay!
By the way, just located this link on the RDA Thunk Thread. If it's bad manners to post it, please tell me, and I'll take it down. It's photos from Gatecon. I just wondered: Do we know any of these people? Are any of these people any of us?

http://cherie.apross.net/gallery/gc2005

scjon
August 11th, 2005, 03:33 PM

Beautiful collage sueKay!

sueKay
August 11th, 2005, 03:36 PM
SG1 Fanintn...who posted the pics???

I never even knew GateCon was on...

Shows you what the creation fat cats do...

sg-1fanintn
August 11th, 2005, 03:50 PM
Feli, I think.

By the way,

Congratulations, sueKay, on 3,300 posts!

Cathain Nottingham
August 11th, 2005, 03:57 PM

I taped it expecting I wouldn't be up but I caught it - too bad you guys weren't in it! But hey, at least Stargate got some notice to a different audience right?

Cathain Nottingham
August 11th, 2005, 04:01 PM
Cathain you'd better do the same soon !!!! :D :D

Heh I don't know if I should play it cool or duck and cover :D

Cathain Nottingham
August 11th, 2005, 04:03 PM
Caty :

Yes! There is major Tony / Kate in there. I think anytime someone has that sort of love/hate is bound to have some sort of spark between them. That's why Rodney/Sam is cute - especially since McKay doesn't know junk about women *laughs*

sueKay
August 11th, 2005, 04:40 PM
Feli, I think.

By the way,

Congratulations, sueKay, on 3,300 posts!
Thank you!!!!!

I'm aiming for 4000 by the end of september!

Cathain Nottingham
August 11th, 2005, 05:48 PM
First off (((((((()))))))) to Sue, you'll no doubt make it you post fiend! :D

And next I have a call out to all shippers! Today I was making banners based on my series and I had to make due with what I had. Anyway I'm going to post Someone to Watch Over Me's because I want to know if anyone has a better quailty picture that I'm using. If so please send it my way!

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b21/cathain_n/series3.jpg

sueKay
August 11th, 2005, 05:58 PM
Okay...Here's some of the things I've been working on for my fics...
For my only completed fic
http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b298/suz_k/generalshell.jpg
A smaller version of my collage
http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b298/suz_k/Inbetweentt.jpg
A smaller version of Frozen Treats
http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b298/suz_k/Frozent.jpg
One of my many Virtual Spin offs...
http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b298/suz_k/anotherlifett.jpg
And a manipped Moebius piccy!
http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b298/suz_k/moebmanip.jpg

Cathain...I'll try and find a better quality of picture, and for fancy text...try http://www.cooltext.com - set file type to PNG. with Transparency for best effects.

Cathain Nottingham
August 11th, 2005, 06:09 PM
Cathain...I'll try and find a better quality of picture, and for fancy text...try http://www.cooltext.com - set file type to PNG. with Transparency for best effects.

I run out of IE so I can't save by Transparency but I sort of like the more subdued texts...I don't really know why.

Anyway (((()))) hope you can find a better quality picture - that's actually the direct screencap, I had to lighten it just to get it looking like that.

sueKay
August 11th, 2005, 06:09 PM
Cathain - I've found a slightly clearer one...I'm going to give it a scrub and post it soon...is that okay?

Cathain Nottingham
August 11th, 2005, 06:13 PM
Cathain - I've found a slightly clearer one...I'm going to give it a scrub and post it soon...is that okay?

Sounds terrific, thanks Sue.

sueKay
August 11th, 2005, 06:13 PM
Cathain...I use IE too...

what graphics program do you use???

First...get your S/J wedding pic ready...then go to cool text (they do subdued too) and set your parameters...when your image is ready, right click and COPY...then paste it into your wedding pic...It has to be PNG with transparency...everything else means manual editing!

SAM AND JACK FOREVER!!!!!!!!!!!! (to be on topic!)

sueKay
August 11th, 2005, 06:17 PM
Cathain - can you wait until tomorrow for that scrub? It's 2.15 am here, and my comps gone a bit wonky!

Cathain Nottingham
August 11th, 2005, 06:21 PM
Cathain - can you wait until tomorrow for that scrub? It's 2.15 am here, and my comps gone a bit wonky!

Of course - get some sleep!

nell
August 11th, 2005, 06:40 PM

sueKay, great collage!! I'm going to have to read that story!! ;)

nell
August 11th, 2005, 06:54 PM
sueKay presents...

sueKay, Short and sweet! Threads I like how you give us the missing scene where Jack tries to explain uneasily why he is returning to SGC. While he speaks of his respect and friendship for General Carter, Kerry's a smart girl. Jack's in love with Sam! OK, I'm ready for chapter 11!! :D

Buc252
August 11th, 2005, 07:04 PM
three more to add to my list :p --

buck/wilma - buck rogers

(expect more to come)

Yayyy! Somebody else who liked Athena for Starbuck better than that flake Cassiopeia. <g>

LOL4JACK
August 11th, 2005, 07:16 PM
Hi Everyone,
This is my first post, I hope it works.I've been lurking for a little while now. I started watching stargate at the end of june, and thanks to netflix, I'm now in season 5. I was inspired to delurk by all of the ship lists. Here are mine:

Welcome Shipaholic!!!!!!!! Love your name :p got to green you :D

Buc252
August 11th, 2005, 07:24 PM

<snip>

bobby/pam - dallas

CJ was Matt's lady lawyer and best friend. Unfortunately, in later years, her position as his right hand was usurped by Buddy Ebsen as Matt's uncle. They even had their own version of :eek: , but fortunately, she was killed before the end. Too bad :eek: wasn't. <g>

To refresh your memory, here's a pic:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v453/Buc252/MattHoustoncast.jpg

sg-1fanintn
August 11th, 2005, 07:25 PM
Yayyy! Somebody else who liked Athena for Starbuck better than that flake Cassiopeia. <g>

I didn't like Cassiopeia either.....but I thought Athena was a better match for Apollo.

And to be OT......I am just now watching last Friday's SG-1. It's not so bad; just no Sam, no Jack. However, it was nice to see Wallace Shawn, the actor who played Arlos. Most of you probably know this, but he also played the Grand Naegus (VIP Ferengi) on Deep Space 9. I love his voice, because it's so unusual.

And:

Welcome, Shipaholic!

Visit often and post much. All Sam/Jack Shippers welcome here!

ladyjanus
August 11th, 2005, 08:06 PM
I love the episodes where they have been captured by Hathor - I stink at rememering titles - there are several great Sam and Jack moments there. Like the look on his face when he realizes she is naked under that silver sheet, and the hug after he kills Hathor. Then there's that extremely subtle/sexy moment where he has her in his arms as they are hiding from the Jaffa. The thing with his little finger next to her cheek drove me crazy.

Only slightly off topic - one of my favorite Daniel lines is from the same episode, when they find him and wake him up and he says "I have other question, but they can wait..."

ladyjanus

Shipaholic
August 11th, 2005, 08:30 PM
Hi Everyone!
Thanks for the warm welcome :D. Reading the forum has given me something to do when not much is happening at work, and it always cheers me up.
Looking forward to the shippy times ahead,
Anne

gemma
August 11th, 2005, 08:32 PM
Hey I have a good one, anyone watch Silk Stalkings
Rita/Chris
great ship
I loved that show
can't get enough ship

trupi
August 11th, 2005, 10:03 PM
Where is everyone? Thanks to everyone who sent me green for my 500 post! Thanks to Lynn who alerted me that I had hit 500. What can I tell you, I'm too busy posting to look at my post rates! It's my son's birthday today-16 years old. G-- am I getting old! PS wrote my first arm porn on Peter's thread. If interested what it is, take a look! (really PG).

Queen Eleta
August 11th, 2005, 10:43 PM
I didn't like Cassiopeia either.....but I thought Athena was a better match for Apollo.

EWWW!!! Athena was Apollo's sister!!

three more to add to my list --

buck/wilma - buck rogers

(expect more to come)

sally

Lee/ Amanda was the first ship I ever wrote fanfic for, even though I didn't know that's what I was doing. I was fourteen, and I was tired of waiting for what I wanted to happened, so I just made it up myself!!
One of my fav ships:
Trevor/ Claire
Anybody else like this one?

majorsal
August 11th, 2005, 11:00 PM
test

(okay, to actually put something in this post) i keep trying to post and it keeps going and going and going... *mad*

in response to blue iris --

add chris/rita, from silk stalkings to my ship list. (baaaaaad ending!)

loved joe/helen too. ;)

what went wrong with shirley/carmine on laverne and shirley?

(guy crushes)
nick - big valley
little joe - bonanza
keith - partridge family
johnny - emergency
jeremy - here come the brides
dr gannon - medical center
pete - mod squad
vince van patten - three for the road

there's more i'm sure, but i can't think anymore.

if this post doesn't take, i give up.

sally :)

majorsal
August 11th, 2005, 11:09 PM
There are 5 things I need...
1. I have to love the whole show..not like it..LOVE it!!!
2. I have to love both characters..not like them..LOVE them!!!
3. I need to have a crush on the male character (LOL)
4. There has to be a great chemistry between them and....
5. The ship shouldn't be too obvious in the beginning; it has to be complicated....I want a challenge! :D :D :D

the things i need to ship:

1 - guy to drool over (crush)
2 - woman i want to be
3 - that's all. :p

majorsal
August 11th, 2005, 11:12 PM
I've liked ship on tons of shows throughout the years too, but none compared to Sam/Jack--and I never joined any type of "society" where ship was acknowledged and appreciated.

sam and jack is my all-time *favorite*! there's something about them... *sighs* i've never gotten this far into a ship. i read it, write it, fantasize about it... *sighs*

I LOVE SAM AND JACK!!! :D

Queen_Bee
August 11th, 2005, 11:19 PM
HEY HEY FINE SHIPPERS

this is a fly by post..
i havent been online for ages...studying Business Admin at the moment.

The first ever ship i ever remember being completely drawn to was when i was quite young..
it was the Dr and the Captain out of Seaquest ...i dont remember their names...the show with a quite young Jonathon Brandis RIP ..i think it was Seaquest DSV or something along those lines

then Mulder and Scully for a large part of my life..and then Sam and Jack.
but M & S and S & J i will forver be shipping :)

i have yet to see the new eps for S9...can some one let me know if i m going to be pleasantly surprised or horribley dissapointed?

toodles and hugs
Bee

trupi
August 11th, 2005, 11:29 PM
Talk about ship-What about Spock and Christine Chapel on Star Trek. Influence my life enough to name my daughter Christine Amanda (amanda was for Mrs. King and Spock's mother).

majorsal
August 11th, 2005, 11:32 PM
is anyone else having probs with gateworld??? :mad: :(

add dan/deb and lucas/brooke from 'one tree hill' to my ship list.

lonely_star
August 11th, 2005, 11:42 PM
JAG got interesting after season 1 with the arrival of Mac . I stopped taping season 1 because it is a little boring for me ..I like the chemistry with Harm and Mac ..specially since they had a pact about their relationship . Then you can read between the lines too but at least they can talk about their feelings about each other openly . ..and there are some really funny episodes .

well I agree with you, Jag begins to be interesting after season 1 it's far more obvious and developped than the S&J one. They talk they sometimes act :D and some episodes ares very funny as you say...but I still prefer S&J, maybe I'm kinda mazochist (is it the good word?) I like to suffer :D but as you say refering to Mulder&Scully....there's always hope !!!

NCIS, Tony and Kate ??? wow I love this show !! this is so funny !!! and those two have a very special relationship...that might be ship or at least it becomes more obvious about the end of the last season when Tony gets sick and that she cares about him...nice ;) but don't put to much hope it those two...just an advice :o I've seen the last season and the end is pretty ...disturbing and surprising...I was :eek:

and Sam and Jack...well I think it's gonna be difficult to see anything between them in season9 but I keep hoping and I'd so love to have RDA back in season 10 but I'm kinda afraid than then it's Amanda who will leave for her daughter so, I think the page will be turned soon... :( ...on screen at least :D

majorsal
August 12th, 2005, 12:15 AM
Dempsey/Makepeace (from the show of the same name)

YES, dempsey/makepeace! :D

did you know those two really got together?!? they married and had a child together. (i LOVE it when a couple on tv also get together in real life :D)

melpomene
August 12th, 2005, 12:22 AM
Hi there. I'm holding a wake for the Original SG-1 Team. It's a fond farewell to the series as I know I'm not the only one who veiws season 9 as a spin-off. I know I'm going to miss Jack, Seeing Jack and Sam together, and so many other things, and so we're holding a celebration of 8 yrs and a goodbye after so long. Anyway it's now open and anyone who wants to come by is welcome. *long as you hold with the Season 9 as spin-off feeling*
http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a61/melpomenemuseoftragedy/SG1WAKE-M.jpg

majorsal
August 12th, 2005, 12:32 AM

okay, you're going to hate me, but i thought athena 'was' cassiopei. :o i mean, i got the character names mixed up. but, when i went to the original battlestar's website, i realized i liked 'both' ship pairings. but i think i leaned towards starbuck/cassiopea. sorry, hon... :o

scjon
August 12th, 2005, 04:50 AM

did you know those two really got together?!? they married and had a child together. (i LOVE it when a couple on tv also get together in real life :D)

Yes, I did. That was so cool, wasn't it? As far as I know they are still together, but will have to check that.

If I remember correctly, the Dempsey/Makepeace ship was really subtle (at 14 years old the ending was probably a bit too subtle for me). Lots of angst and no big honking kiss that I can remember...Must see if it's out on DVD yet.

I think that the Sam/Jack ship is probably my fave ship, largely because it has been assisted by the net & forums (fora??) including this one.

michelleb
August 12th, 2005, 08:10 AM
Hey guys, long time no see..... :) . Does anyone remember me?

Maybe I should explain where I've been. You may remember I was slightly disappointed with the ending of season eight. I sort of withdrew for a time. Then I lost my internet access totally. Once I got it back, I'd lost the urge to get back into stargate.

But then I wrote a couple of non-Stargate fanfics. And suekay contacted me, realising I wasn't dead. And I decided to write another Stargate fanfic (done and posted, before you ask). And to write it, I had to watch Threads again. And I realised how much I really loved Stargate, how brilliant and wonderful and funny and clever and intriguing it was. And even more, I realised I was still completely and utterly fascinated by the Sam/Jack ship, that I still found wonderfully romantic and angsty and intriguing and my very favourite ship. I decided that a little thing like not ending how I want to, and the events of season nine (which i'm actually quite enjoying, apart from that one thing) was not going to stop me enjoying and loving my favourite couple.

So there we go, I'm back again, if anyone remembers, and how have things been?

gatebee
August 12th, 2005, 08:41 AM

Maybe I should explain where I've been. You may remember I was slightly disappointed with the ending of season eight. I sort of withdrew for a time. Then I lost my internet access totally. Once I got it back, I'd lost the urge to get back into stargate.

But then I wrote a couple of non-Stargate fanfics. And suekay contacted me, realising I wasn't dead. And I decided to write another Stargate fanfic (done and posted, before you ask). And to write it, I had to watch Threads again. And I realised how much I really loved Stargate, how brilliant and wonderful and funny and clever and intriguing it was. And even more, I realised I was still completely and utterly fascinated by the Sam/Jack ship, that I still found wonderfully romantic and angsty and intriguing and my very favourite ship. I decided that a little thing like not ending how I want to, and the events of season nine (which i'm actually quite enjoying, apart from that one thing) was not going to stop me enjoying and loving my favourite couple.

WELCOME BACK .... once a shipper I guess, ALWAYS a shipper

galaxy
August 12th, 2005, 09:23 AM
(((((((michelleb)))))))

WELCOME BACK!!!

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a108/galaxy_/6x12-00032.jpg

Sam and Jack missed you!!! ;)

I know what you mean...sometimes the ship can be a little frustrating, but we shoudn't give up. I had/have so much fun with the S/J ship (especially here together with the shipper family), that - no matter how it ends - I will never regret getting involved. It's still a lot of fun chatting about old eps and shippy scenes!
And (believe it or not) I'm still full of hope that we'll get a "proper resolution" ....someday.... :p :D

sueKay
August 12th, 2005, 09:24 AM
((((((((((((MICHELLE))))))))))))

Glad you took my advice!!!!!!!!

EVERYONE - This girl is one of the BEST FIC WRITERS EVER!!!!

Welcome back!!!!!!

gatebee
August 12th, 2005, 09:39 AM
from the very first episode they were together
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v205/FilBrit1/sg1/PDVD_134.jpg

gatebee
August 12th, 2005, 09:41 AM
and years have past and they are still together, so comfortable in each others company
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v205/FilBrit1/16e0bc27.jpg

gatebee
August 12th, 2005, 09:59 AM

really they got together .... are they still together
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v205/FilBrit1/f65e2683.jpg
Sam and Jack are together forever and always

michelleb
August 12th, 2005, 10:13 AM
Thanks for welcoming me back everyone..((((((galaxy, suekay, gatebee))))) and sue, you're making my blush...

anyway, this is the reason i love sam and jack....

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v620/michelleeb/Sam%20and%20Jack/TheKissBW_004.jpg

They are just so completely, utterly perfect together..meant to be.

trupi
August 12th, 2005, 10:15 AM

Welcome back Michelle! Don't give up on the ship! If we give up, the ship is definity lost!

Rogue
August 12th, 2005, 10:19 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v474/mkmoulder/Stargate/welcomeback.jpg

trupi
August 12th, 2005, 10:21 AM
I guess everyone is at the wake. But I'm not going to give up on the ship! Only when Jack is dead, Sam marries a potatohead, Daniel becomes a hermit and Tecl'c a eunuch. It isn't over until the fat lady sings and I'm not singing. I'm going to write some bunn porn. for Peter's thread! Talk later!

galaxy
August 12th, 2005, 10:28 AM
2 Days ago, a rerun of „The Cure“ was on and though the ep itself is not shippy, I have to say that I can’t remember another episode where Sam and Jack are standing next to each other so often!!!
I counted at least 17(!) times and I missed the first 13 minutes.....over 17 times in one single ep!!! :eek:
Actually they don't seperate once in the whole ep!
I couldn’t find screencaps for every time, but here are some pics from that episode, where Sam and Jack are standing/sitting next to each other:

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a108/galaxy_/6x10-00014.jpg
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a108/galaxy_/6x10-00006.jpg
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a108/galaxy_/6x10-00080.jpg
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a108/galaxy_/6x10-00103.jpg
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a108/galaxy_/6x10-00124.jpg
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a108/galaxy_/6x10-00137.jpg
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a108/galaxy_/6x10-00144.jpg
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a108/galaxy_/6x10-00153.jpg
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a108/galaxy_/24.jpg
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a108/galaxy_/21.jpg
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a108/galaxy_/Image171.jpg
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a108/galaxy_/Image181.jpg
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a108/galaxy_/normal_Cure_O27NeiilCarter.jpg
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a108/galaxy_/tzhz.jpg

Oh and I think it's so funny, when Sam, Jack and the two Tok’ra are looking at the symbiote-queen:

Malek: "She's been kept in this manner for decades?"
Sam: "According to the Pangarans, they began using her for medical experiments over fifty years ago. She's been breeding symbiotes to make Tretonin for more than half that time."
Jack: "All right. Now, how is that possible? I mean, how does she make kids without a.....man friend?"
Malek: "Symbiote queens are able to fertilize their own eggs. It is essentially an asexual process."
Jack: "That why you guys take hosts?"

ROFLMAO :D :D :D
That’s so funny! And I love Sam’s face when Jack says: ”how does she make kids without a.....”. She looks as if she fears he might say something else than “man friend” LOL :p

michelleb
August 12th, 2005, 10:30 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v474/mkmoulder/Stargate/welcomeback.jpg

Oh, that's fantastic!!! Thanks Rogue! i was going to greenrep you, but i must be a rep hussy, and spread it around a bit first. (((((rogue))))))

Billie
August 12th, 2005, 11:13 AM
Hey all :)

The only good thing about being away for a few days is all the catching up that I have to do!! Always great discussions and lots of lovely sighworthy ship to revel in!! YAY for the shipper family!! :p

So first order of duty - Welcome to all the newbies and welcome back all the much missed members of the family (I may not have been here when you were here last so I hope you don't mind me joining in the rewelcoming!) and also congrats to all those passing posting milestones!! :D

I have always been a shipper and being the hopeless romantic that I am it is often (but not always) the element that either attracts me to a show or keeps me watching it. I didn't start watching sg1 until possibly the third season and even then it was only if it happened to be on when I was channel hopping. Then however along came season four and, yes you've guessed it I saw Divide and Conquer and from then on it was Jack and Sam forever and I was hooked on the show!!

I still remain hopeful of a final resolution to our ship although the feeling that S9 is more like a spin off with new people and a new direction does worry me a little in respect of Jack and Sam. However, if the new spin off proves popular then maybe the risk of resolution drops significantly due to the fact that RDA/Jack is already a guest character :( and AT/Sam may also follow suit with her being a new mum and so surely it becomes more of an option for TPTB to finally acknowledge the amazing relationship between j&s and give us faithful shippers the ultimate ending ;) Call me a crazy optimist but as Jack so eloquently puts it.....

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a57/pcbillie/1969_2.jpg
Never give up, Never surrender shippers, coz Sam and I sure aren't!!

trupi
August 12th, 2005, 11:16 AM
Hey all :)

The only good thing about being away for a few days is all the catching up that I have to do!! Always great discussions and lots of lovely sighworthy ship to revel in!! YAY for the shipper family!! :p

So first order of duty - Welcome to all the newbies and welcome back all the much missed members of the family (I may not have been here when you were here last so I hope you don't mind me joining in the rewelcoming!) and also congrats to all those passing posting milestones!! :D

I have always been a shipper and being the hopeless romantic that I am it is often (but not always) the element that either attracts me to a show or keeps me watching it. I didn't start watching sg1 until possibly the third season and even then it was only if it happened to be on when I was channel hopping. Then however along came season four and, yes you've guessed it I saw Divide and Conquer and from then on it was Jack and Sam forever and I was hooked on the show!!

I still remain hopeful of a final resolution to our ship although the feeling that S9 is more like a spin off with new people and a new direction does worry me a little in respect of Jack and Sam. However, if the new spin off proves popular then maybe the risk of resolution drops significantly due to the fact that RDA/Jack is already a guest character :( and AT/Sam may also follow suit with her being a new mum and so surely it becomes more of an option for TPTB to finally acknowledge the amazing relationship between j&s and give us faithful shippers the ultimate ending ;) Call me a crazy optimist but as Jack so eloquently puts it.....

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a57/pcbillie/1969_2.jpg
Never give up, Never surrender shippers, coz Sam and I sure aren't!!

Right-on Billie!

Billie
August 12th, 2005, 12:01 PM
Aaaahhhhhh, I'm having problems posting :mad: thought I'd try a short post before I type out my long one for the fourth time!

Cathain Nottingham
August 12th, 2005, 12:06 PM
Okay everyone I found these two pics and I had to share :D

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b21/cathain_n/9c5a31ac.jpg

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b21/cathain_n/Redemption_NowBoarding.jpg

Billie
August 12th, 2005, 12:07 PM
Wayhay that worked! so fingers crossed I won't have to type this out for the 5th time!

I was trying to quote galaxys last post so maybe my poor computer just got over excited with all the great pics you posted galaxy and it couldn't handle that much of Sam and Jack together!! :p

So anyway here's what I was going to say -

Thanks for the pics galaxy, they’re great!! You are so right about them spending lots of time together in that episode, yay!!
Love the quote too!! It reminds me of a scene in S5 revelations when they are discussing Asgard reproduction……

HEIMDALL: As a race, the Asgard reproduce exclusively through a process of enhanced cellular mitosis.
CARTER: Are you serious? You have no other means of propagation?
HEIMDALL: No.
[Carter looks surprised.]
O'NEILL: Carter?
CARTER: They're clones, sir. All of them.
O'NEILL: Ah. Well, that answers a few questions.
HEIMDALL: In fact, for nearly a thousand years, we have been physically incapable of achieving cell division through meiosis.
[O'Neill looks questioningly at Carter.]
O'NEILL: Hmm?
CARTER: Sexual reproduction, Sir.
O'NEILL: Ah. (to Heimdall) A thousand years?
HEIMDALL: It is not something we usually discuss with other races.
O'NEILL: This I understand.

Classic Jack O'Neill! Miss him so much :(

Billie
August 12th, 2005, 12:11 PM

Awww, his and hers outfits, how sweet!!

Thanks for sharing CN :) Share more, share more!!

Hulabaloo
August 12th, 2005, 12:18 PM
Once a shipper...always a shipper. Great words.

I guess everyone knows you then. Lol.

galaxy
August 12th, 2005, 12:27 PM

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b21/cathain_n/9c5a31ac.jpg

Well, normally I find it pretty corny when a couple dresses alike, but in this case....*squeeee* :p :D

Cute pics CN!!! Thanks for sharing! :)

Billie
August 12th, 2005, 12:40 PM
Well goodnight shippers everywhere :) I've got to dash off to work. Hope tonights S9 episode is good. Only one more before Sam returns!! :p

blueiris
August 12th, 2005, 12:43 PM
test

(okay, to actually put something in this post) i keep trying to post and it keeps going and going and going... *mad*

in response to blue iris --

add chris/rita, from silk stalkings to my ship list. (baaaaaad ending!)

loved joe/helen too. ;)

what went wrong with shirley/carmine on laverne and shirley?

(guy crushes)
nick - big valley
little joe - bonanza
keith - partridge family
johnny - emergency
jeremy - here come the brides
dr gannon - medical center
pete - mod squad
vince van patten - three for the road

there's more i'm sure, but i can't think anymore.

if this post doesn't take, i give up.

OMG, Jeremy from Here Come the Brides! I actually have a Bobby Sherman album. The album cover folds out to about a 4 foot (?) cut out of Bobby Sherman. I loved him.

And Mickey from the Monkees.

Shirley and Carmine was the most disappointing ending to a ship I've ever seen. I hated it.

I had just gotten into Silk Stockings when it went off the air.

This brings back so many memories.

Gatetrixer
August 12th, 2005, 12:49 PM
Talk about ship-What about Spock and Christine Chapel on Star Trek. Influence my life enough to name my daughter Christine Amanda (amanda was for Mrs. King and Spock's mother).

That was shipping before it was called ship. And nothing really happened in the series. There're still writing Spock/Christine fic. Last I knew it was at www.spockandchristine.com. Two nice names for your daughter.

michelleb
August 12th, 2005, 12:58 PM
That was shipping before it was called ship. And nothing really happened in the series. There're still writing Spock/Christine fic. Last I knew it was at www.spockandchristine.com. Two nice names for your daughter.

i used to ship christine and spock too, long before i knew what shipping was. i still swear he got over his pon farr by sleeping with her, not fighting kirk. my first real ship was avon and cally..i still write fanfic for them. and now i ship for almost every programme. like for instance, right now, i'm madly shipping away for sam and christopher foyle, even though i know she;s supposed to paired off with teh younger guys, i'm just twisted in my ships.

Gatetrixer
August 12th, 2005, 01:00 PM
Hi there. I'm holding a wake for the Original SG-1 Team. It's a fond farewell to the series as I know I'm not the only one who veiws season 9 as a spin-off. I know I'm going to miss Jack, Seeing Jack and Sam together, and so many other things, and so we're holding a celebration of 8 yrs and a goodbye after so long. Anyway it's now open and anyone who wants to come by is welcome. *long as you hold with the Season 9 as spin-off feeling*
[]http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a61/melpomenemuseoftragedy/SG1WAKE-M.jpg[/IMG]

Where is it?

melpomene
August 12th, 2005, 01:04 PM
Where is it?

Sorry, I thought I left the url, http://www.stargate-intel.tk/
It's under the 'General' thread.

ST-1
August 12th, 2005, 01:16 PM
((((((((galaxy & Cathain))))))) Thanks for sharing the GREAT piccies! :D

I saw Solitudes for the first time last night, having only ever read the transcript and looked at screencaps. It was much different than I imagined it would be!
-Sam starts to cry AT LEAST three times: first when she sees how badly hurt Jack is, then when she can't make the 'gate work, and finally when Jack orders her to leave him. :o
-Jack calls her "Sam" AT LEAST twice, and I'm not entirely convinced that last "Sara" wasn't actually a "Sam!" As a sidenote, RDA must have KILLED his voice doing that raspy whisper the whole time! It was shippy/sexy, though. ;)
-Love all the snuggling, especially the last scene where Sam sticks her hand under the blanket to put her arm around Jack.
-LOVE IT that Jack didn't appear to "let go" until Sam left...and then he woke up for her when she came back.
-Though this was S1 and the actors were still "getting into character," the S/J ship (borne of the HUGE chemistry between RDA & AT) is already there. The more of S1 I see, the more unbelievable I find it that TPTB didn't take greater advantage of that chemistry. :rolleyes:

galaxy
August 12th, 2005, 01:35 PM
Wayhay that worked! so fingers crossed I won't have to type this out for the 5th time!

I was trying to quote galaxys last post so maybe my poor computer just got over excited with all the great pics you posted galaxy and it couldn't handle that much of Sam and Jack together!! :p

So anyway here's what I was going to say -

Thanks for the pics galaxy, they’re great!! You are so right about them spending lots of time together in that episode, yay!!
Love the quote too!! It reminds me of a scene in S5 revelations when they are discussing Asgard reproduction……

HEIMDALL: As a race, the Asgard reproduce exclusively through a process of enhanced cellular mitosis.
CARTER: Are you serious? You have no other means of propagation?
HEIMDALL: No.
[Carter looks surprised.]
O'NEILL: Carter?
CARTER: They're clones, sir. All of them.
O'NEILL: Ah. Well, that answers a few questions.
HEIMDALL: In fact, for nearly a thousand years, we have been physically incapable of achieving cell division through meiosis.
[O'Neill looks questioningly at Carter.]
O'NEILL: Hmm?
CARTER: Sexual reproduction, Sir.
O'NEILL: Ah. (to Heimdall) A thousand years?
HEIMDALL: It is not something we usually discuss with other races.
O'NEILL: This I understand.

Classic Jack O'Neill! Miss him so much :(

ROFLMAO

((((Billie)))) :D

Thanks for posting that quote!
I knew there was a similar scene, but I couldn't remember in which ep.
Jack is so funny!!! I miss him too... :(
But before we get into that mood again:
Heimdall's line wasn't bad either: "It is not something we usually discuss with other races." ROFL :D
Sore spot, hm? :p
I wonder if they discuss this issue with their own race?
Maybe there is a self-help group for sexually frustrated Asgard?!?

Oma-1
August 12th, 2005, 01:55 PM
ROFLMAO

((((Billie)))) :D

Thanks for posting that quote!
I knew there was a similar scene, but I couldn't remember in which ep.
Jack is so funny!!! I miss him too... :(
But before we get into that mood again:
Heimdall's line wasn't bad either: "It is not something we usually discuss with other races." ROFL :D
Sore spot, hm? :p
I wonder if they discuss this issue with their own race?
Maybe there is a self-help group for sexually frustrated Asgard?!?

http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/36/36_11_6.gif

Celibates Anonymous :D Brings a whole new meaning to UST doesn't it :p

Hulabaloo
August 12th, 2005, 02:13 PM
Yes! Lol! Yes it does! lol!

galaxy
August 12th, 2005, 02:18 PM
Awww...that's such a cute episode!
Though it's in the very beginning of their "relationship", you can see how much they respect and care for each other.
And the side-arm comment is legendary! ;)
I can't belive there are people who watched this ep back then and did NOT become shippers!!!! LOL
I mean...hello? Look at them:

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a108/galaxy_/sol.jpg

I have huge problems to post....I can only post with Qick Reply and my internet connection breaks down everytime I try to post something, so I have to say goodnight...hope it works tomorrow....
Has anyone else problems???
NIGHT NIGHT SHIPPER FAMILY!!! :)

melpomene
August 12th, 2005, 02:30 PM
I love Solitudes!! I've watched it over and over.

dipsofjazz
August 12th, 2005, 02:30 PM
2 Days ago, a rerun of „The Cure“ was on and though the ep itself is not shippy, I have to say that I can’t remember another episode where Sam and Jack are standing next to each other so often!!!
I counted at least 17(!) times and I missed the first 13 minutes.....over 17 times in one single ep!!! :eek:
Actually they don't seperate once in the whole ep!
I couldn’t find screencaps for every time, but here are some pics from that episode, where Sam and Jack are standing/sitting next to each other:

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a108/galaxy_/6x10-00014.jpg
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a108/galaxy_/6x10-00006.jpg
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a108/galaxy_/6x10-00080.jpg
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a108/galaxy_/6x10-00103.jpg
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a108/galaxy_/6x10-00124.jpg
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a108/galaxy_/6x10-00137.jpg
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a108/galaxy_/6x10-00144.jpg
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a108/galaxy_/6x10-00153.jpg
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a108/galaxy_/24.jpg
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a108/galaxy_/21.jpg
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a108/galaxy_/Image171.jpg
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a108/galaxy_/Image181.jpg
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a108/galaxy_/normal_Cure_O27NeiilCarter.jpg
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a108/galaxy_/tzhz.jpg

Oh and I think it's so funny, when Sam, Jack and the two Tok’ra are looking at the symbiote-queen:

Malek: "She's been kept in this manner for decades?"
Sam: "According to the Pangarans, they began using her for medical experiments over fifty years ago. She's been breeding symbiotes to make Tretonin for more than half that time."
Jack: "All right. Now, how is that possible? I mean, how does she make kids without a.....man friend?"
Malek: "Symbiote queens are able to fertilize their own eggs. It is essentially an asexual process."
Jack: "That why you guys take hosts?"

ROFLMAO :D :D :D
That’s so funny! And I love Sam’s face when Jack says: ”how does she make kids without a.....”. She looks as if she fears he might say something else than “man friend” LOL :p

:D Thanks for posting these pics galaxy. It really is amazing how often they are together, and how close together they stand.

scjon
August 12th, 2005, 03:11 PM
now i ship for almost every programme. like for instance, right now, i'm madly shipping away for sam and christopher foyle, even though i know she;s supposed to paired off with teh younger guys, i'm just twisted in my ships.

Thank you! I thought I was the only one who was shipping for Sam Stewart and Christopher Foyle. (I knew that there was one I'd forgotten to mention) I think they have great on-screen chemistry. So that means I am as "twisted in my ships" as you are! :D

re Dempsey & Makepeace. I've done a quick internet search and as far as I can tell Michael Brandon (Dempsey) & Glynis Barber (Makepeace) are still together-although the latest references I can find are from 2003.

Still...Sam & Jack For Ever and For Always!!

Catysg1
August 12th, 2005, 03:22 PM
well I agree with you, Jag begins to be interesting after season 1 it's far more obvious and developped than the S&J one. They talk they sometimes act :D and some episodes ares very funny as you say...but I still prefer S&J, maybe I'm kinda mazochist (is it the good word?) I like to suffer :D but as you say refering to Mulder&Scully....there's always hope !!!

NCIS, Tony and Kate ??? wow I love this show !! this is so funny !!! and those two have a very special relationship...that might be ship or at least it becomes more obvious about the end of the last season when Tony gets sick and that she cares about him...nice ;) but don't put to much hope it those two...just an advice :o I've seen the last season and the end is pretty ...disturbing and surprising...I was :eek:

and Sam and Jack...well I think it's gonna be difficult to see anything between them in season9 but I keep hoping and I'd so love to have RDA back in season 10 but I'm kinda afraid than then it's Amanda who will leave for her daughter so, I think the page will be turned soon... :( ...on screen at least :D

Me prefer Mac and Harm ship NOW :) it's really nice and emotional ;) They care so much for each other and they show it A LOT . Saw the episode season 10 called " the 4 % solution" when Mac crashed into a tree and had to examine her personnal life ..very nice and who was there for her ???!!! You know who . ;)

About NCIS , I don't ship for Tony and Kate .I just think they are really funny together . I can't wait for the next episode to watch those 2 interact to be honest :0 and well I saw the episode you are talking about tonight ..with the plague virus and well she was crying at the end . I know that the actress ( Kate) Sandra Alexander wants to leave the series so I do expect a shocking ending . :(

As for Sam and Jack Everything has been said and good luck to both of them in their future happiness together . :)

The Same goes for Mulder and Scully ;) but I 'm glad to have seen "The truth" to give me some shippy resolution between the 2 of them :) I still love those 2 :) and still watch the x-files from time to time :)

Catysg1
August 12th, 2005, 03:28 PM

Very nice collage Suekay :)
Glad to see that you are still going strong on the S/J ship :)

Oma-1
August 12th, 2005, 03:34 PM
I love Solitudes!! I've watched it over and over.
Yep. Me too. I love the humour and the depth of their caring for each other. This was one of the first stargate eps I saw and I was so positive they were together it really shocked me when Jack called Sam "Sarah" at the end. I was like "Who's this Sarah woman! :eek: :p The chemistry between the two is just so obvious!

Like ST-1 said, RDA & AT clicked as friends so quickly, it just comes through whenever they are on screen together. :)

Catysg1
August 12th, 2005, 03:40 PM
I was a Mulder/Scully fan until the movie...right as they're about to kiss.......

I think Stargate TPTB has done worse than that by not showing real Sam and Jack have a proper kiss yet .
Mulder and Scully did kiss for real a few times ,had a lot of hugs and lovely words spoken .
The bee scene in the movie was a lovely scene and well Damm bee !!! but still it was a great scene from where she met him in his apartment to when she falls on the floor because of the bee . ;)

I don't think Stargate TPTb will allow anything as close as that when they decide that Sam and Jack should be seen together on screen for a private scene . I think they leftit to late for a special scene . They know it and try to deal with it by ignoring the ship and concentrating on the new people .Shame but that's the way it is .

Catysg1
August 12th, 2005, 03:45 PM
hellooo shipper family! just thought i'd pop in to say,
how awesome was LOST last night?! :D :D :D :D
oh, and woohooo! s/j ship rocks! :o

LOST was great (((shipper hannah ))) :) making now my 3rd lost video " kate/Jack" It's gonna be shippy :D :D :D ..I need my dose of ship somewhere to compensate for the lack of it by Stargate TPTB :)

Oma-1
August 12th, 2005, 03:46 PM
I found this pic earlier today and thought of The Light scene. As we're in Antartica it seemed appropriate to post it :p Sorry it's so small, but you'll get the idea ;)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v685/Oma-1/Penguins_Walking_by_Surf.jpg

Oma-1
August 12th, 2005, 03:48 PM
LOST was great (((shipper hannah ))) :) making now my 3rd lost video " kate/Jack" It's gonna be shippy :D :D :D ..I need my dose of ship somewhere to compensate for the lack of it by Stargate TPTB :)

Has anyone started a Lost thread yet? Judging by how much the shippers love it, it should go down a storm. I've not had chance to see any of it yet, but I'm gonna get to it eventually :rolleyes:

Catysg1
August 12th, 2005, 03:51 PM
Has anyone started a Lost thread yet? Judging by how much the shippers love it, it should go down a storm. I've not had chance to see any of it yet, but I'm gonna get to it eventually :rolleyes:

There is a lost thread in OFF TOPIC or FANTASY ..not sure ..one of them ..I posted recently :) but I opened one at Stargate Intel :) contains spoilers .

http://s3.invisionfree.com/Stargate_Intel/index.php?showtopic=200

Caty:)

shelsfc
August 12th, 2005, 03:57 PM

Welcome back Michelle!!! :D

I kept away for a while after the end of S8 too, but I couldn't stay away long!! It's addictive...I think there's something in the cookies....:p

michelleb
August 12th, 2005, 04:11 PM
Welcome back Michelle!!! :D

I kept away for a while after the end of S8 too, but I couldn't stay away long!! It's addictive...I think there's something in the cookies....:p

i agree..utterly addictive. it's wierd, when i was writing my staragte fic, i thought before hand 'this'll be really difficult, i haven't written for them in ages, i won't know how to wrote their voices', but the minute i started writing it, it just flowed. i didn't even have to think about it, and their voices were as clear in my head as ever. i guess i'm stuuck with sam and jack in my head (and walter, apparently)

but i have a craving for new sam jack music videos. anyone got any ideas? some done to josh groban, michael ball, meat loaf or james blunt would be good (well, that's an odd group)

plague
August 12th, 2005, 04:12 PM
http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a61/melpomenemuseoftragedy/SG1WAKE-M.jpg

I totally agree with you. Season 9 is like a whole new show. It's not the same without Jack. In Season 8, he was missed a lot but atleast he was there even if it is for some scenes. But in Season 9, he will be gone for a long time and no Sam/Jack ships which makes it boring... For me anyways. I hope they will have atleast 1 episode that will have a Sam/Jack relationship with a happy ending.

Catysg1
August 12th, 2005, 04:29 PM
i agree..utterly addictive. it's wierd, when i was writing my staragte fic, i thought before hand 'this'll be really difficult, i haven't written for them in ages, i won't know how to wrote their voices', but the minute i started writing it, it just flowed. i didn't even have to think about it, and their voices were as clear in my head as ever. i guess i'm stuuck with sam and jack in my head (and walter, apparently)

but i have a craving for new sam jack music videos. anyone got any ideas? some done to josh groban, michael ball, meat loaf or james blunt would be good (well, that's an odd group)

I pm'ed you Michelle ..I love James Blunt but for me his songs will be for either a JAG or Lost video ..Shame that I don't do anymore Sam and Jack videos . Hopefully somebody else with enough steam for that ship will do a new video with those singers for you . ;) I made some new Sam and Jack videos last month with Il divo and Within temptations ..you may find to your liking !!!!!! . ;)

michelleb
August 12th, 2005, 04:32 PM
I pm'ed you Michelle ..I love James Blunt but for me his songs will be for either a JAG or Lost video ..Shame that I don't do any Sam and Jack videos . Hopefully somebody else with enough steam for that ship will do a video for Sam and Jack . ;) I made some new ones recently with Il divo and Within temptations ..you may find to your liking . ;)

well, i've just started watching Lost, so as soon as i've settled down into my chosen ship there...and i think i've spotted it already...then i'll check out your videos for that. i'm sure it'll be the same ship! and i do love Il divo.

Catysg1
August 12th, 2005, 04:36 PM
well, i've just started watching Lost, so as soon as i've settled down into my chosen ship there...and i think i've spotted it already...then i'll check out your videos for that. i'm sure it'll be the same ship! and i do love Il divo.

;) I'm doing an Enya project on LOST at the moment ...for a few shippy couples of the show ...Claire/Charlie already done ..then Jack/Kate ( doing that one at the moment ) and Sun/Jin . :)

michelleb
August 12th, 2005, 04:36 PM
which reminds me..has anyone mentioned this about avalon?

now, i was watching it on squinty vision, so i couldn't hear too good...but jack mentioned he was signing papers for his house..i presume selling it. he said he was signing papers for his house, a car..a motorbike.

now jack doesn't own a motorbike. that's sam's. which seemed to suggest that jack was selling sam's motorbike for him...and as far as i'm concerned that's absolute proof they're in touch, and close enough for her to trust him with her financial arrangements.

see...i can still find ship..if i look really REALLY hard.

or has that been discussed and dismissed already?

Catysg1
August 12th, 2005, 04:45 PM

now, i was watching it on squinty vision, so i couldn't hear too good...but jack mentioned he was signing papers for his house..i presume selling it. he said he was signing papers for his house, a car..a motorbike.

now jack doesn't own a motorbike. that's sam's. which seemed to suggest that jack was selling sam's motorbike for him...and as far as i'm concerned that's absolute proof they're in touch, and close enough for her to trust him with her financial arrangements.

see...i can still find ship..if i look really REALLY hard.

or has that been discussed and dismissed already?

It had been mentionned michelle and apparently he said THE motorbike ...which means Sam's motorbike ..that's why I think they are together ..shame the ship has to be off screen forever :( ..what a little crumb tptb is giving the shippers !!!! :rolleyes:

By the way , I haven't watched any of Season 10 yet not even on squint :eek: I'll wait for sky one to air it . ..will not tape it ..so that I don't waste any of my DVD 's and keep them safe and sound for Lost and JAG :)

Cathain Nottingham
August 12th, 2005, 04:51 PM
I feel shippy!

I was going through my pictures and found this pic - look at Jack and Sam's hands! (And yes - I am just this lame to for some reason find happy ship feelings from this picture)

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b21/cathain_n/abk.jpg

michelleb
August 12th, 2005, 04:58 PM
It had been mentionned michelle and apparently he said THE motorbike ...which means Sam's motorbike ..that's why I think they are together ..shame the ship has to be off screen forever :( ..what a little crumb tptb is giving the shippers !!!! :rolleyes:

By the way , I haven't watched any of Season 10 yet not even on squint :eek: I'll wait for sky one to air it . ..will not tape it ..so that I don't waste any of my DVD 's and keep them safe and sound for Lost and JAG :)

we'll let you know if the ship unexpectedly bursts onto the screen in full kissage mode, backed up by a chorus line of dancing penguins.. (what? it could happen! yes...even the penguins!!!)

btw..you're music vidos..only watched a couple so far..they're better then ever. loving them!

UhSir
August 12th, 2005, 05:17 PM

I'm going to have rewatch that part. Sounds very interesting!

michelleb
August 12th, 2005, 05:24 PM
I was looking at some piccies of various sam and jack kisses, and I was thinking..one of the things that proves this ship is this undeniable sexual heat they have between them. I mean, it's subtle, not obvious, and most of the time is kept firmly under restraint, but at the moments where they let go, like in Broca Divide and Grace, it's really, really hot. One smouldering look between the two of them is worth a thousand sex scenes with Potatohead.

majorsal
August 12th, 2005, 05:24 PM
i used to ship christine and spock too, long before i knew what shipping was. i still swear he got over his pon farr by sleeping with her, not fighting kirk. my first real ship was avon and cally..i still write fanfic for them. and now i ship for almost every programme. like for instance, right now, i'm madly shipping away for sam and christopher foyle, even though i know she;s supposed to paired off with teh younger guys, i'm just twisted in my ships.

i know christine and spock, but who are the other ppl you're talking about, michelle?

michelleb
August 12th, 2005, 05:37 PM
i know christine and spock, but who are the other ppl you're talking about, michelle?

Well, Avon and Cally were in Blake's 7. He was very saturnine and cynical and untrustworthy, and supposedly unemotional, and she was very feeling, mysterious and psychic, and it was a sort of attraction of opposites, that never really got beyond the meaningful intense looks stage, except for one fantastic kiss when she was possessed by an alien being, and he was trying to get Cally to fight back. lt was all incredibly angsty and dark and hidden. I love it.

Christopher Foyle and Sam Stewart(another Sam!)... well, he's a WWII policeman in England, and she's his driver. She's a lot younger than him, and a bit naive, at the beginning, anyway. He has a son and a younger sidekick, and I think we're supposed to ship for Sam and one of them, but I just love the way he confides in her, and the way he protects her and looks after her and worries about her. Today's episode involved her being trapped in an office with a bomb, and phoning him to help, so consequently was very shippy.

There you go! I have tons of other ships too, but very few seem to working out. Almost none, in fact. When times are low, I go and watch Farscape, just to see a ship that did work out.

Catysg1
August 12th, 2005, 06:01 PM
we'll let you know if the ship unexpectedly bursts onto the screen in full kissage mode, backed up by a chorus line of dancing penguins.. (what? it could happen! yes...even the penguins!!!)

btw..you're music vidos..only watched a couple so far..they're better then ever. loving them!

Yes please tell me tell me if any on screen full kissage mode scene so that I can tape at least that session :) LOL I may even do a special final video if that happens !!!!

Catysg1
August 12th, 2005, 06:10 PM
Well, Avon and Cally were in Blake's 7. He was very saturnine and cynical and untrustworthy, and supposedly unemotional, and she was very feeling, mysterious and psychic, and it was a sort of attraction of opposites, that never really got beyond the meaningful intense looks stage, except for one fantastic kiss when she was possessed by an alien being, and he was trying to get Cally to fight back. lt was all incredibly angsty and dark and hidden. I love it.

Christopher Foyle and Sam Stewart(another Sam!)... well, he's a WWII policeman in England, and she's his driver. She's a lot younger than him, and a bit naive, at the beginning, anyway. He has a son and a younger sidekick, and I think we're supposed to ship for Sam and one of them, but I just love the way he confides in her, and the way he protects her and looks after her and worries about her. Today's episode involved her being trapped in an office with a bomb, and phoning him to help, so consequently was very shippy.

There you go! I have tons of other ships too, but very few seem to working out. Almost none, in fact. When times are low, I go and watch Farscape, just to see a ship that did work out.

JAG ship did work out too after 9 years ..I don't count season 1 in there because Mac was not in it .....but Farscape did work out a lot faster ...4 seasons & mini series and the RST happened if I remember in season 2 .

Farscape is the fastest on the RST ... Alias did it in season 4 ;)
X-files after 7 years, and Stargate SG1 9 years and still waiting :eek: :S

When the time is right the time is right and the time is NOW :) LOL

Caty

Buc252
August 12th, 2005, 07:15 PM
HEY HEY FINE SHIPPERS

<snip>

The first ever ship i ever remember being completely drawn to was when i was quite young..
it was the Dr and the Captain out of Seaquest ...i dont remember their names...the show with a quite young Jonathon Brandis RIP ..i think it was Seaquest DSV or something along those lines

<snip>

toodles and hugs
Bee

Nathan Bridger and Kristin Westphalen - they were on my list, too. And yes, Jonathan Brandis was a very sad loss for the entertainment world. And to bring it back around to SG, Seaquest DSV's cast also included not one but *two* of the DeLuise brothers. (Don't worry, not :eek: !)

LOL4JACK
August 12th, 2005, 07:18 PM
OK, so TPTB aired tonight... I have to say that I loved it, I really, really liked it, the story was like the before when SG1 whent offworld, even if the ep was based on Vala being a God in this world I did not feel the ep to be Sam Centric, it was old good Stargate, and be carefull, I'm not saying SG-1, but good old Stargate offworld trying to save a world from whatever fate they are in... I liked Daniel... Teal'C and Cameron did not have much appearance and well Vala did not make almost any sex reference :p

Was there anything bad? IMHO, I did not like nor get the story line of Landry with his daughter, what is the point of bringing this kind of drama into the show... The Doc not liking her father, it is nothing remotly as Sam and Jacob, I really hope they are not trying to cover for that, but I don't know if this is what the anti-shippers feel regarding the ship... but the scene between Landry and the Doc at the cafeteria was only missing the violins... and nop... not into that... SHIP YES!!!!!!!!, but violins... nop.

Also the Oriiiiiii!!!!!!! damn scary and mean, I have no idea how to fight them :eek:

But I can also say... dying to see Sam come back :D

nell
August 12th, 2005, 07:36 PM
OK, so TPTB aired tonight... I have to say that I loved it, I really, really liked it, the story was like the before when SG1 whent offworld, even if the ep was based on Vala being a God in this world I did not feel the ep to be Sam Centric, it was old good Stargate, and be carefull, I'm not saying SG-1, but good old Stargate offworld trying to save a world from whatever fate they are in... I liked Daniel... Teal'C and Cameron did not have much appearance and well Vala did not make almost any sex reference :p

Was there anything bad? IMHO, I did not like nor get the story line of Landry with his daughter, what is the point of bringing this kind of drama into the show... The Doc not liking her father, it is nothing remotly as Sam and Jacob, I really hope they are not trying to cover for that, but I don't know if this is what the anti-shippers feel regarding the ship... but the scene between Landry and the Doc at the cafeteria was only missing the violins... and nop... not into that... SHIP YES!!!!!!!!, but violins... nop.

Also the Oriiiiiii!!!!!!! damn scary and mean, I have no idea how to fight them :eek:

But I can also say... dying to see Sam come back :D

I'm wondering what your spoiler says but I'm not going to peek. I've been avoiding spoilers. Last week, I taped The Ties That Bind but I haven't watched it yet. So, I'm heading for the TV now with a nice pint of Ben & Jerry's for comfort (A girl's got to have something sweet) ;) since neither Jack nor Sam will be in the episode. :( I've taped TPTB and will watch later this weekend. Earlier tonight I caught commercial glimpses of tonight's TPTB and it sounded like a situation comedy!! :eek: Yes, I am holding out high hopes for next week's return of Sam.

Queen Eleta
August 12th, 2005, 07:38 PM

LOL. I named my first daughter Amanda for the same reason. :D her middle name is Beth for a character on Guiding Light.

trupi
August 12th, 2005, 08:03 PM
LOL. I named my first daughter Amanda for the same reason. :D her middle name is Beth for a character on Guiding Light.
All shipper have a one tracked minds-and their all good! :D :D

Queen Eleta
August 12th, 2005, 08:05 PM
I just got my STARGATE SG-1 magazine today and there were a couple of quotes I thought everyone might be interested in.
J. Mallozzi: "At the end of every year, starting from season five, we assumed it was the last year of the show, so we wanted to wrap up all the loose ends. Season eight was no exception, [and] we really wrapped up some major loose ends- the whole Jaffa storyline, their quest for freedom... We wrapped up the Goa'uld. I think we wrapped up the Sam/Jack 'shipper' debate...
Martin Gero: "And the Sam/Pete..."
J.M."Yeah, we wrapped up Sam/Pete. We put that to bed, thank God. I was never a big fan of the Sam/Pete thing. You know, I just find them so clingy and annoying when they were together." from Issue#06, page 22.

Then from Amanda Tapping on page 11, talking about the different aspect of Sam Carter:
".... and the whole 'Jack and Sam' thing was fun to play at times and a bit of a pain at others....I was starting to feel a bit that the whole angst over Jack was weakening her, and I think the fans were finding that too."

hmmm.

blueiris
August 12th, 2005, 08:22 PM
I was looking at some piccies of various sam and jack kisses, and I was thinking..one of the things that proves this ship is this undeniable sexual heat they have between them. I mean, it's subtle, not obvious, and most of the time is kept firmly under restraint, but at the moments where they let go, like in Broca Divide and Grace, it's really, really hot. One smouldering look between the two of them is worth a thousand sex scenes with Potatohead.
Without words (thank God considering the "unspoken" ship status), RDA and AT are both very good at saying a lot with their eyes and body language. They are able to relay so much emotion with just a look and a gesture. I could swear sometimes think I heard things that I didn't. For instance in Threads S8 I heard Jack say "I will always be here for you, I will always love you." I know when I rewatch it that he didn't actually say those words, but I heard them! ;)

trupi
August 12th, 2005, 08:22 PM
I just got my STARGATE SG-1 magazine today and there were a couple of quotes I thought everyone might be interested in.
J. Mallozzi: "At the end of every year, starting from season five, we assumed it was the last year of the show, so we wanted to wrap up all the loose ends. Season eight was no exception, [and] we really wrapped up some major loose ends- the whole Jaffa storyline, their quest for freedom... We wrapped up the Goa'uld. I think we wrapped up the Sam/Jack 'shipper' debate...
J.M."Yeah, we wrapped up Sam/Pete. We put that to bed, thank God. I was never a big fan of the Sam/Pete thing. You know, I just find them so clingy and annoying when they were together." from Issue#06, page 22.

Then from Amanda Tapping on page 11, talking about the different aspect of Sam Carter:
".... and the whole 'Jack and Sam' thing was fun to play at times and a bit of a pain at others....I was starting to feel a bit that the whole angst over Jack was weakening her, and I think the fans were finding that too."

hmmm.
She has been saying this crap for a long time now. Let see how far her character gets without Jack! When she screwed up with Replicator Carter, Jack wasn't even there. Who weaken who? Only thing Jack should have done was court marshall her for not obeying orders and endangering the lives of the people at the alpha site. Amanda should realize that it was how TPTB wrote the character and not the ship that made her look weak.

Buc252
August 12th, 2005, 08:39 PM
She has been saying this crap for a long time now. Let see how far her character gets without Jack! When she screwed up with Replicator Carter, Jack wasn't even there. Who weaken who? Only thing Jack should have done was court marshall her for not obeying orders and endangering the lives of the people at the alpha site. Amanda should realize that it was how TPTB wrote the character and not the ship that made her look weak.

I'd green rep you, Trupi, but it won't let me. Suffice it to say, I'm with you 100%. I'm getting a bit sick of AT trying to play both sides against the middle.

trupi
August 12th, 2005, 08:54 PM
I'd green rep you, Trupi, but it won't let me. Suffice it to say, I'm with you 100%. I'm getting a bit sick of AT trying to play both sides against the middle.
Mary you are right, that AT is playing both sides. A lot of her fans are ignoring her comments and they have to wake up and also wake her up, that this won't be tolerated. I like AT but this is going to affect her popularity and she is one of the main reasons they brought the Pete character on board. They thought the ship community was insignificant until the crap started hitting the fan. Poor Michael Deluise is still feeling the affects.

nell
August 12th, 2005, 09:03 PM
I just watched my tape of last week's episode of The Ties That Bind and I am disappointed! I am tired of the Daniel and Vala squabbling! Not even shippy! Thank goodness Daniel has enough self-respect to not fall for her manipulations! This is not even a clever humour story. How preposterous to believe that Vala would accompany them into a Senate Committee hearing to seek funding. They know she's a loose cannon. She could have waited outside the room with little ill effects from her short separaton from Daniel. Landry's surprised that she spoke and insulted the Senator?? I really want to like Mitchell but he's not coming across as a military leader of the missions. He's Daniel's comedic partner. And Teal'c says Mitchell sometimes reminds him of O'Neill?! The wit?? O'Neill was also a leader. Clearly this is a new show! I'm not adjusting to the changes. I miss Jack. At least we get to hear the female major briefing Landry about the budget cuts and delivering a message from General O'Neill to which Landry replies, "Jack, Jack, Jack." OK, that's the bone for this episode...Jack is still mentioned.

BTW, I don't know if this means anything BUT at the end, Landry is telling Daniel that he spoke to the President and the Prez said to either accept the budget cuts or give the International Board or Forum or something what they want...........a CIVILIAN to oversee the SGC. Hmmmmmmmmmm, civilian??? What did Kerry suggest to Jack in order to get the regulations from between him and Sam?? Just a thought!! I'm a Shipper at work to find ship!!

nell
August 12th, 2005, 09:24 PM

hmmm.

Quite the contrary, Amanda, rounding out Sam's character with a romantic interest is welcome and refreshing. Same as for Jack. These are healthy, vital, strong and passionate individuals who will be completed with a loving partner. Just happens to be that they are each other's soul mates!! I have suspended my disbelief about the UST for just about long enough!! As for Joe M. Yes, the Jack vs. Pete for Sam debate is clearly won by Jack. Now let's develop this storyline!! Um, please!! :rolleyes:

divcon
August 12th, 2005, 11:28 PM

Trupi, am so with you girl. I like AT but I have to say that I'm dissappointed :( in the attitude that she is showing. Her character was more well rounded with the interaction between her and Jack NOT weaker and for her to say that it just goes to show that now there is no Jack to write a ship off she's trying to stay on-side of all the non-shippers. :)

gate_girl12
August 13th, 2005, 12:45 AM

hmmm.

I'm afraid I'd have to disagree with Amanda. Sam is such a strong character and Amanda portrays her so well. However TPTB always portray as Sam having the answer for everything. Her love interest in O'Neill displays that she is only human and susceptible to human folly and emotions like the rest of us . I think Sam needs a bit of weakness, and if it happens to be O'Neill... then so be it. Personally, mine is chocolate :p

sky_blue_waters
August 13th, 2005, 01:16 AM
you have to understand that Amanda has always been hyper-protective of her role as Sam Carter. She wants Sam to be held up to the highest standards as a role model. She's has tried to keep neutral when it comes to shippers -vs- non-shippers. But the last few years she's been bombarded with negative letters and comments via the web. Things like "how can you do this?" or "what the hell is Sam doing that for?". I think the sheer volume and weight of this negativity from a minority of fans finally took it's toll on her. The mistakes that the writers made w/ Pete really compounded this. I think that the negativity from a few has really made her gun shy about the ship. That's the sad part about this. The Jack/Sam ship was probably the very reason why the series has continued for so long. It's the main reason I watch. I can't blame her, all this hate mail from a few anti-Sammers has to affect a person's feelings on a subject.

Hulabaloo
August 13th, 2005, 05:10 AM
For goodness sake AT shes only human.

Okay that would sound normal amid any other Tv forums but here...

Catysg1
August 13th, 2005, 05:12 AM

hmmm.

GW does not seem to work very well on reply topics :cool:
I wrote a lovely post I could not post becasue of that ..can't be bothered to write it again but roughly what I said was ...well if they think the ship has been resolved ..they should have given a bit more than crumbs . Other long term shows have given lovely shippy resolution ( x-files, farscape and JAG ) They all kissed and touched to show the public they were together ..Sam and Jack didn't ...it is a real let down for any shippers if the Sam and Jack ship is over .. but I think it is over .

some of my friends came to me after watching Threads and didn't realize that Sam and Jack were together after Threads because they only saw them sitting next to each other like buddies fishing with Daniel and Teal'c around . I had to tell them that according to Stargate TPTB ,,that scene means that Sam and Jack are together ... You coul not be more vague than that . :S :rolleyes:

Crumbs , crumbs and more crumbs is all what we got for the ship resolution and they are still doing it because TPTB think it's funny ..Well I don't ..I think it'a pure bad taste for such a show .

Crumbs are not a way to resolve a ship which has been there for 9 years . :S

girlgater
August 13th, 2005, 05:28 AM

I think AT is a terrific actress and love how she portrays Sam Carter. However, I can't understand why thinks that the ship weakens her character. Her relationship with Jack is a blessing in that it allows her to expose her vulnerability--not weakness as a person. Yes, she's a strong military officer and a tremendously intelligent and valuable scientist, but she's also human.

If she was going to complain about how her character was written, why didn't she complain about the involvement with :eek: ? That story line was way off base and if any ship hurt her character, it was that one.

Freya
August 13th, 2005, 05:32 AM
I agree with Catysg1. They could have given us some hard evidence that sam and jack are together. If they would have ended "Threads" with the two of them(Sam and Jack)looking over the lake with their arms around each other....that would have done it for me(but hey I wouldnt have minded a full on kiss). I just wish that at the end of season 9 RDA could return for the finale or something and have a shippy moment then. Also nell's suggestion from what was said in "The Ties That Bind" is quite possible and I really hope thats the case.

gate_girl12
August 13th, 2005, 05:38 AM
I know, I had to try four times on Thursday night to reply to a message. It worked using QR but not Quotes. Odd. Hopefully the problem has fixed itself now.

By the by, anyone who has foxtel watch the Stargate season 5 marathon over the weekend???

nell
August 13th, 2005, 05:42 AM
I agree with Catysg1. They could have given us some hard evidence that sam and jack are together. If they would have ended "Threads" with the two of them(Sam and Jack)looking over the lake with their arms around each other....that would have done it for me(but hey I wouldnt have minded a full on kiss). I just wish that at the end of season 9 RDA could return for the finale or something and have a shippy moment then. Also nell's suggestion from what was said in "The Ties That Bind" is quite possible and I really hope thats the case.

WELCOME FREYA!!!

I sure hope there's some possibilty in what I mentioned about The Ties That Bind Is it possible that maybe Jack will return at some future point as a civilian although I don't expect that during Season 9. However, I hold this hope because Don Davis told our Dear Shipper Friends at last weekend's con that RDA will be back someday. Maybe Season 10? A girl has to have hope, right?

nell
August 13th, 2005, 05:47 AM
I know, I had to try four times on Thursday night to reply to a message. I worked using QR but not Quotes. odd. Hopefully the problem has fixed itself now.

WELCOME gate_girl12

I typed a lengthy reply last night and it must have gated to another galaxy because it never appeared!! By then my energy and passion to express myself had been spent and I didn't try to rewrite it. :rolleyes:

gate_girl12
August 13th, 2005, 05:55 AM
WELCOME FREYA!!!

I sure hope there's some possibilty in what I mentioned about The Ties That Bind Is it possible that maybe Jack will return at some future point as a civilian although I don't expect that during Season 9. However, I hold this hope because Don Davis told our Dear Shipper Friends at last weekend's con that RDA will be back someday. Maybe Season 10? A girl has to have hope, right?

I know, it sucks. TBTP reckon that they tried to tie up all of the loose ends at the end of season 8, but it seems to me that we shippers are left with more questions than answers.

Q: Have Sam and Jack actually resolved anything???

blueiris
August 13th, 2005, 05:56 AM
snip

hmmm.
I'm sorry, but at think this is more evidence of them trying to please the anti-ship/Daniellite fans now that Jack is gone. Shippers, I'm afraid, are not a target audience anymore. I'm not saying they will kill the ship (I hope not), but I do not think they will play to us anymore. I think AT is a wonderful acturess but perhaps because of the mistake with Repli-Carter, she is accepting the one mistake Sam made with repli-carter and somehow allowing the "hate-carter" groups feelings to influcence her. Could be it is hard to have a large group of fans saying such bad things about you and bashing your character, having to tip-toe around one of your storylines for years instead of just addressing it in a natural way, and then having half of that storyline leave the show. Could be that she is afraid they are telling the truth. IMO, the best thing we can do is to be as loud as before in letting AT know that one groups opinions, based quite alot IMO on the fact that "another" character didn't have all the lime light all the time, are not the general consensus of the SG community.

No offense to Daniel fans. I love Daniel too. And everyone is entitled to thunk and appreciate who they will. But the Sam-bashing was teribble and what I saw was primarily coming from that camp.

Freya
August 13th, 2005, 06:07 AM
Thanks Nell!!

I really, really, REALLY hope RDA comes back because I really miss him. Season 9 hasnt started here yet but I have read the transcripts and although Mitchell seems like a good character.......he's not JACK. Im not just saying this because im a MAJOR shipper. I would love Stargate to go on forever but to be honest its not really Stargate anymore without RDA. He made the show. Dont get me wrong I love Amanda, Christopher and Michael (Especially Michael :D). Its just not the same. :(

gate_girl12
August 13th, 2005, 06:22 AM
I agree totally Freya.

Catysg1
August 13th, 2005, 06:23 AM
I'm wondering what your spoiler says but I'm not going to peek. I've been avoiding spoilers. Last week, I taped The Ties That Bind but I haven't watched it yet. So, I'm heading for the TV now with a nice pint of Ben & Jerry's for comfort (A girl's got to have something sweet) ;) since neither Jack nor Sam will be in the episode. :( I've taped TPTB and will watch later this weekend. Earlier tonight I caught commercial glimpses of tonight's TPTB and it sounded like a situation comedy!! :eek: Yes, I am holding out high hopes for next week's return of Sam.

Don't hope too much for next week nel ..I'm not sure she'll even mention Jack ..She could have mentionned him in Avalon 1 but all she said was "I have my reasons for accepting that job" :rolleyes: She will probably say something similar to that ..It's funny for TPTB to make Sam and Jack talk in morse code so that the shippers get lost , confused , irritated . It won't be funny for them though when no shippers will be buying season 9 on DVD's :p

Madeleine
August 13th, 2005, 06:24 AM
Bear in mind that everything Amanda says is edited; you're reading an interview, not a transcript. And it's natural for the interviewer to want to put a positive spin on things (like implying it's not such a bad thing that RDA is gone) cos their readers want to read good things and cos the very existence of a lot of these mags is tied up with the success of certain shows.

I just wouldn't want anyone to like a person less or think less of them because of an interview like this.

Catysg1
August 13th, 2005, 06:37 AM
I'm sorry, but at think this is more evidence of them trying to please the anti-ship/Daniellite fans now that Jack is gone. Shippers, I'm afraid, are not a target audience anymore. I'm not saying they will kill the ship (I hope not), but I do not think they will play to us anymore. I think AT is a wonderful acturess but perhaps because of the mistake with Repli-Carter, she is accepting the one mistake Sam made with repli-carter and somehow allowing the "hate-carter" groups feelings to influcence her. Could be it is hard to have a large group of fans saying such bad things about you and bashing your character, having to tip-toe around one of your storylines for years instead of just addressing it in a natural way, and then having half of that storyline leave the show. Could be that she is afraid they are telling the truth. IMO, the best thing we can do is to be as loud as before in letting AT know that one groups opinions, based quite alot IMO on the fact that "another" character didn't have all the lime light all the time, are not the general consensus of the SG community.

No offense to Daniel fans. I love Daniel too. And everyone is entitled to thunk and appreciate who they will. But the Sam-bashing was teribble and what I saw was primarily coming from that camp.

I can't stand the Sam bashing ..Sam is a great character ..and like any other series , characters grow and change .You do not stay the same all your life .. Characters play human beings who learn through their mistakes and as they get older , they become stronger persons .
Sam is a good example of that .

You can't see it so much with the men ( Jack , Daniel, and Teal'c ) because TPTB didn't explore that side of them so much .
The Daniel Character changed a lot but instead of being still that clever archeologist and stay that way ( Sam stayed a scientist) TPTB made him into like Lys said "Rambo Daniel" which does not suit him too much and also we see too much of that aspect lately specially with the sex innuendos from season 9 with the Vala character .. Shame ..I just thought the archeologist Daniel was very interesting ..not anymore though IMO .

michelleb
August 13th, 2005, 07:05 AM
I tell you what I'm looking forward too...unseen season nine spoilers here

Ripple Effect. Because, if the rumours are true, Janet is coming back in this one (yay Janet!!!! whooo!!! i can hardly keep still for teh excitement..seriously) and hopefully there will be sam/janet interaction like maybe sam telling janet how she and jack finally got together? (and maybe a little jan/dan too).

so it's a very faint hope. so faint it's almost invisible. but invisible hope is hope nonetheless.

trupi
August 13th, 2005, 08:01 AM
No one is bashing AT. To her fans she is loyal and very loving. However on the DVD commentaries she has said that she wants to see less ship because it weaken her character (season 7). She loved the Pete ship and wanted that developed. Even on the low-downs she has made negative comments about the ship. Now she could be getting pressure from TPTB or her fellow mates on SG about being too pro-ship but this came straight from her mouth. Now, if they dubbed over her voice in the commentaries or the low-downs making it sound like she said something she didn't then she should sue their rear ends. The actors are people like everyone else but when their career depend on what they say they should watch their sixes, especially when they are upsetting the group who is defending them tooth and nail! I like AT and honor her opinion but she should not flip-flop about what side of the coin she's on, it makes her look bad!

Billie
August 13th, 2005, 08:45 AM
Was having a look at screencaps for Revelations and found some shippy moments to share! ;)

I love these two pics from the bit when Jack walks through Sam. Two hearts truly beating as one! :p

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a57/pcbillie/revelations6.jpg
http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a57/pcbillie/revelations7.jpg

:) :) :) :)

And then this sequence when Jack sees Sam zatted by Osiris's jaffa, the look on his face is Soooo shippy! and as for Teal'c, he's so aware of the j&s connection, YAY Teal'c!

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a57/pcbillie/revelations.jpg
http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a57/pcbillie/revelations2.jpg
http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a57/pcbillie/revelations3.jpg

Hooray for screencaps! :)

sueKay
August 13th, 2005, 09:12 AM
Aloha fair shippers!

Cathain - I'll get back to ya on the piccy...RL's been a pain in the...finger.

WELCOME FREYA...

...and anyone I may have missed!

Well...long story short...met old friend...went to pub...trapped finger in car door...now have broken little finger :( :( :( *wails in pain*

I'm in agreement with Madeline...I take all interviews I read with a pinch of salt...they always edit then to cause the most controversy.

Billie
August 13th, 2005, 09:29 AM
Yay, there is someone else out there! Hi sueKay!!

Ow, finger in car door...OUCH. Have broken fingers many times playing netball so can sympathise with your pain. BIG hugs for you

(((sueKay)))

sueKay
August 13th, 2005, 09:45 AM
(((Billie)))

I've only broken one finger before...now toes...toes are a different story! I've broken them a lot...and I've bust my ribs a few times!

Gott laugh though...Jack's had 9 broken bones, and I wouldn't be surprised if RDA had broken more!!!!!

Billie
August 13th, 2005, 09:49 AM
Ah, a fellow accident prone!!

nell
August 13th, 2005, 10:02 AM
Ah, a fellow accident prone!!

Hi Billie,
I finally tried to write text on a pic by your tips. Unfortunately, I don't have power point so I improvised with the editing features in My Pictures. So, my new signature shows my first attempt at that. It's a start but I would like to improve. Guess I need some kind of program. My husband has photo shop. He warns me it is complex. Well, we'll see.

OT again. I'm going to watch episode, The Powers That Be, later this weekend. I will report back with spoilers for those who are interested! ;)

Billie
August 13th, 2005, 10:11 AM
Hi Billie,
I finally tried to write text on a pic by your tips. Unfortunately, I don't have power point so I improvised with the editing features in My Pictures. So, my new signature shows my first attempt at that. It's a start but I would like to improve. Guess I need some kind of program. My husband has photo shop. He warns me it is complex. Well, we'll see.

OT again. I'm going to watch episode, The Powers That Be, later this weekend. I will report back with spoilers for those who are interested! ;)

Hey nell,
Well improvised I say! If you can get your head round photoshop you'll be squeeeeeing, it's a great program!
If you would like me to put your text on the pic using powerpoint in the meantime I'd be more than happy :)

Oh and I love the text underneath your sigpic....very funny!!

Somnium
August 13th, 2005, 10:13 AM
Ouch!!!!!!!!!!!! ((((SueKay))))

You are not the luckiest of people at the moment so am gonna cross my fingers and toes and send some luck your way ;)
Hope you heel quickly my ankle is still strapped up and that was 3 weeks ago.

Billie
August 13th, 2005, 10:24 AM
Ok nell,
please tell me you only just added the 'stop giggling Mrs O'Neill' to your signature coz otherwise I'm losing it, going crazy, nuts, insane, bonzo, no longer in possession of my faculties, three fries short of a happy meal…WACKO!

Hee hee!! :p