PDA

View Full Version : Sam Carter/Jack O'Neill Ship Appreciation Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 [37] 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57

Archimedes3.14
August 5th, 2005, 09:38 PM
uh...suuurre...uh...just tell me who the Cubs are and the world series of what they are supposed to win and I try to find it out for you :o

WELCOME ARCHIMEDES3.14!!!
Glad you delurked!!! (posting is much more fun anyway!) ;) :D

It's American Baseball. The Chicago Cubs are my favorite team, and the World Series is the championship of Baseball. A championship which we haven't won in almost 100 years. But our time is coming. And if we don't win this year, well, there's always next year.

gatebee
August 5th, 2005, 09:46 PM
Hi everyone! I'm at the NJ convention waiting for Lol4jack,Sugarshaker and Lynn,tomorrow. Don Davies is the only one to stand up for RDA. Almost everything connected of RDA is gone. Will give more of a report when we get back. Don is going to be in 2 episodes in Season 9. Got to go my computer is going to die!
Trupi thanks for the update. You guys have fun. Take lots of pics.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v205/FilBrit1/1ec7f57b.jpg
pic by stargatesg1971

gatebee
August 5th, 2005, 09:50 PM
I was no going to post, since I'm running tonight.. going to my first CON, Wohooo!!!

But I had to stop, turn on my comp and post..., I'm watching TTTB and Boring, boring, boring... I mean, so far I have liked all the eps of S9, but this one please, don't even bother and JM had said that it was the funniest ep so far.... I don't get it, I like JM and respect him, I mean no ship... well OK, it's TV and therefore not until the last ep....but well, still 15 min to go.... 14min....

BUT.... don't turn around yet.... it did have a :eek: moment...... no, don't worry... not that one....
Worth looking at...
Teal'C in a SUIT.... yep, Tie and all!!!!!!!!!!

PS: Welcome NEWBIES!!!!!!!!
have fun in the CON. Ask lots of questions about our forgotten ship.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v205/FilBrit1/272cefc2.jpg
pic fr stargatesg1971

gatebee
August 5th, 2005, 10:09 PM
just because I miss them so much
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v205/FilBrit1/593f0927.jpg
pic fr stargatesg1971

gatebee
August 5th, 2005, 10:12 PM
It's American Baseball. The Chicago Cubs are my favorite team, and the World Series is the championship of Baseball. A championship which we haven't won in almost 100 years. But our time is coming. And if we don't win this year, well, there's always next year.
WELCOME ARCHIMEDES S/J Ship Family
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v205/FilBrit1/b59ef333.jpg
pic fr mgm

gatebee
August 5th, 2005, 10:36 PM
they have such a great chemistry that they even look so great behind the scene
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v205/FilBrit1/9c5a31ac.jpg
pic fr stargatesg1971

gatebee
August 5th, 2005, 11:14 PM
love how they interact together in a shot.... speaks volume
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v205/FilBrit1/sg1/d3b900bc.jpg

gatebee
August 5th, 2005, 11:20 PM
this is the type of action relationship that we need more at sg1.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v205/FilBrit1/sjackdown.jpg

gatebee
August 5th, 2005, 11:32 PM
They could get cardboard cuts of Jack and move them around the set. Could have one for every mood.
- concern Jack
- snarky Jack
- shippy Jack
- smiling Jack

We would finally get our bedroom scene, but it would be cardboard Jack lying next to Sam. :rolleyes:
RLOL .... wow desperate times needs desperate measures

sacme
August 5th, 2005, 11:42 PM
Thanks for clearing that up for me, guys, about Sally Reeve/Malcolm.

ship sistah ;)

majorsal
August 5th, 2005, 11:56 PM
thanks for posting these pics, gatebee... i'm feeling very lonely for some sam/jack ship on the show right now. heck, i'm feeling lonely for just the sam and jack characters.

thanks for brightening my night, honey. ;)

oh, btw, 14 DAYS 'TILL SAM/AMANDA RETURNS! :D

sally :D

gatebee
August 6th, 2005, 12:11 AM
thanks for posting these pics, gatebee... i'm feeling very lonely for some sam/jack ship on the show right now. heck, i'm feeling lonely for just the sam and jack characters.

thanks for brightening my night, honey. ;)

oh, btw, 14 DAYS 'TILL SAM/AMANDA RETURNS! :D

thank you for the count down .... Can't wait for Sam to return and put some honesty in the show. From what I have heard last night was another love boat for Daniel and Vala.I am not watching as well till Sam's return.

sueKay
August 6th, 2005, 01:38 AM
Well...sounds like whaever ep was on tonight was not well recieved

BTW - I want to know where all of these but-kissers on the JM thread came from...And I havent even risked a glance at the 'Isalute the writers and actors' Thread

REALLY make me mad that people are happy about our show been trashed.

Grr!

galaxy
August 6th, 2005, 03:48 AM
galaxy I get a bad feeling that Baal is going to be around longer than Apophis and we are going to have to watch Baal put the moves on Sam.I'am not sure about anyone else but I think Vala and Baal should be sent to the same Planet with no chance of escape so they can annoy each other forever.

Great idea ses!!! Let's send them to another planet in a galaxy far, far away, together with :eek: and Laira and all other characters we hate.
Laira becomes pregnant by Baal, Pete gets jealous and stalks her, Vala has sex with everyone who walks by and they live happily ever after. :D

galaxy
August 6th, 2005, 03:55 AM

Ah, Baseball... Thanks! I thought so, but I wasn't sure. :)
You're right. 100 years is a long time...8 years too...

galaxy
August 6th, 2005, 04:15 AM
LOL. Those eyebrows were too arched, I thought. Actually I don't spend all that much time on that thread (like to be there more tho) so I'm not a GG, but I do know that certain characteristics don't change like ears, etc. that can help identify. Though certainly skilled makeup can help change things somewhat. Really a GG knows RDA by his hands (was that hand on the desk his at the beginning of the scene with Daniel?) And BTW has Jack still had that scar in his eyebrow that RDA liked to have the makeup people put there?

Yep, he has....grrrr :D :D :D

Oma-1
August 6th, 2005, 05:39 AM
Great idea ses!!! Let's send them to another planet in a galaxy far, far away, together with :eek: and Laira and all other characters we hate.
Laira becomes pregnant by Baal, Pete gets jealous and stalks her, Vala has sex with everyone who walks by and they live happily ever after. :D
ROFLMAO!!! :D

I only object to Ba'al being sent (Rogue may also have something to say about this too :p ) We could send Kinsey instead. He and Laira are made for each other *sneaky, conniving, selfish, obsessed...*:D :D

And for comedic value, we could send Zippy and Camela$$ :D

Do you think that Vala stopped by the planet of light in her travels before SG-1 came across it? It would certainly explain her voracious appetite :rolleyes: Perhaps I ought to ask JM :p

Oma-1
August 6th, 2005, 05:43 AM
galaxy I get a bad feeling that Baal is going to be around longer than Apophis and we are going to have to watch Baal put the moves on Sam.I'am not sure about anyone else but I think Vala and Baal should be sent to the same Planet with no chance of escape so they can annoy each other forever.
((((Ses)))) You sound like you need cheering up with some hugs. http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/11/11_2_104.gif

Don't worry about Ba'al putting the moves on Sam. She can kick his butt and we can all have some fun :p Then that night she can tell Jack all about it in their phone call. :D

gate_girl12
August 6th, 2005, 05:47 AM
Hi Lilly,

I liked Solitudes. It had a super dynamic between them. Sam was pretty fazed at first by the situation, but Jack's strength and level-headedness rubbed off on her and she ended up being the strong supportive one towards the end when Jack was fading away. I think this one and Serpent's Thingy (the hand-biting scene) were a really good indicator of the professional relationship between the two of them and the respect they had for each other; Jack for Sam's spirit and Sam for Jack's leadership.

I particularly liked how solitudes avoided the TV cliche of Man & Woman Stranded Together = Romance; and I'm not saying that as an anti-shipper because I know that it's still very possible to see ship in that ep. I just think it was nice that the focus of the ep was *cameraderie* because that theme of the two of them trying to stay positive while facing death together carried such a lot of power, especially when counterpointed with Daniel and Teal'c's desperate searching.

(BTW, if you want shippy replies you can post this question in the Shipper Family Thread (http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=8580) or the S/J Discussion Only Thread ("http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=10397), depending on how analytical you want to get.)

I have to agree with you there. As hard as it is to pick a fav Sam and Jack episode as there are SOOOO many...I love Solitudes. Particularly the sleeping bag/side arm moment, just great chemistry between the characters.

Rogue
August 6th, 2005, 06:04 AM
ROFLMAO!!! :D

I only object to Ba'al being sent (Rogue may also have something to say about this too :p ) We could send Kinsey instead. He and Laira are made for each other *sneaky, conniving, selfish, obsessed...*:D :D

And for comedic value, we could send Zippy and Camela$$ :D

Do you think that Vala stopped by the planet of light in her travels before SG-1 came across it? It would certainly explain her voracious appetite :rolleyes: Perhaps I ought to ask JM :p

Ba'al is way too good looking to waste on Vala.

Emily
August 6th, 2005, 06:30 AM
I love Solitudes and Moebius part 2: in the puddlejumper!!

Billie
August 6th, 2005, 06:37 AM
Hey all :)

Just done my catching up and yet again it seems that S9 is not looking great :( Its a glum day alround for me what with no new Jack and Sam ship to wallow in, England getting trashed by Australia in the cricket (again!) and my bathroom wall seems to be caving in....Oh woe is me!!

However, I'm gonna focus on the positive and drown myself in some fabulous ship fic, remain optimistic because England still have one wicket left and consider the fact that maybe it's time that I revamped my bathroom anyway :) and if all else fails there's always the bottle of gin in the cupboard and a box set of S6 ship to enjoy!!

ses110
August 6th, 2005, 06:49 AM
galaxy where do I sign? I love how TPTB kill off all the good characters and leave us the lousy ones.Jonas cannot come back but we get to have Barrett come back and ask out Sam for the tenth time.I would pay good Money to see Sam tell Barrett give it up and stop asking me out.I also do not want Baal to pull a Fifth and tell Sam he Loves her.That would make me stop watching the Show for good.

ses110
August 6th, 2005, 06:53 AM
Great question sueKay.The same people who could not stand the Sam and Jack Ship and claim it took over the Show have no problem with the Daniel and Vala Show.The Sam and Jack Ship never took up this much time on the Show.The last 2 Years we could not have Sam and Jack spend 1 minute together without someone Babysitting.

Billie
August 6th, 2005, 07:10 AM
The Sam and Jack Ship never took up this much time on the Show.The last 2 Years we could not have Sam and Jack spend 1 minute together without someone Babysitting.

I agree with you ses. The amount of time dedicated to Sam and Jack ship has always been minimal IMO. Yes, some seasons (S4,S6) had more than others (S5) but it was never overplayed and was never the main theme of any episode.

Chrysalis
August 6th, 2005, 07:42 AM
I believe it was "Chimera" from 7th season. I like this scene, too, especially her humming the Stargate theme :D

one of my favourite scenes is the conversation between Sam and "Jack" in "Grace".

I read somewhere that she was goingto hum the theme from McGyver (is that how you spell it? Having a mental blank here!) but no-one could remember exactly how it went, so she went for the Stargate theme instead!

Billie
August 6th, 2005, 07:43 AM
Here's another lovely pic from the comfort scene in Threads which demonstrates perfectly the reason why the Jack and Sam ship never took over the show. So much is said in the way they act and react to eachother and in the looks that are exchanged between them that words just aren't necessary.
All credit to RDA and AT who throughout the show have played the relationship between Jack and Sam beautifully.

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a57/pcbillie/threads.jpg

nell
August 6th, 2005, 08:16 AM
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y209/cilljill/image38281.jpg
Sam: This is great! Why didn't TPTB let us do this years ago?
Jack: Yes, well, let's not dwell. They're kinda slow but we're here now!
Sam: But, the Shippers don't know it. TPTB are withholding confirmation from them. They're really upset.
Jack: Yeah, I know. nell, was ranting last night after Origins!
Sam: And sg-1fanintn and LOL4JACK and caty and Token and Queen Eleta and divcon and sueKay and Buc252 and I could go on. They're pretty upset.
Jack: Can you blame them? They don't know we lurk on The Thread. But, did you hear what they said about me in Origins? puffy face...old...pasty...tired...now that's insultin'!!!
Sam: Jack, don't take it personally. On the other hand, they are putting alot of faith in me when I return in Beach Head. What if the writers give me a weak script?
Jack: What about The Big Honkin' Kiss?
Sam: Yeah, all this practice fishing and we may never get a scene together this Season.
Jack: Sam, for crying outloud, we have to tell the Shippers, "Don't give up The Ship!!!"

Excuse me for quoting myself but I'm celebrating my 500 posts and poking some fun (frustration) at TPTB. Like they are affected, huh? I taped but have not yet watched last night's TTTB. And I don't know when I will. Part of me wants to protest/ignore/deny the non-Sam and non-Ship episodes. Another part, wants to see Mitchell and Landry and the NEW Stargate SG-1. I am really looking forward to Sam's return!!

MartoufMarty
August 6th, 2005, 09:27 AM
... I don't know how many pages I missed...

Anyways... Umm...

My favorite Sam/Jack moment just has to be at the end of Death Knell. No kissing, no big 'OMG I LOVE YOU' or anything... They just... seem so comfortable together just sitting there with their arms around each other.

... I'm bored. I've been here at the library for an hour and a half. I work by myself from 10 - 6 today... Two people have come in so far. I had a project they left me. Putting some magazines in those binders with those little metal pole thingys.

That killed about half an hour.

... I want to go home and watch new stuff and finish my Sark/Vaughn vid and... make other stuff while I wait for my 300gb hard-drive... :(

... It should be here on Tuesday... The UPS guy makes deliveries on Tuesday and Thursday after he delivers the beer to the bar/hotel/restaurant... On the UPS tracking it says that it left Illionis (sp?) yesterday. *can't wait*

Hulabaloo
August 6th, 2005, 10:16 AM
My fave sam/jack moment is on 'In the Line of Duty' when shes on the gurney (that right?) and slowly dieing. And Jack stays and tells Teal'c to go sort out somat.

Loved it.

trupi
August 6th, 2005, 10:19 AM
Hi guys- I'm here with Lol4jack and Sugarshaker at the Nj convention. Waiting for Gary Jones to come on to talk. If we here anything, will post. Bye

sueKay
August 6th, 2005, 10:33 AM
Have fun talking to Jonesy!!!!!!!

Tell him to pop in here, because he protrays one of the characters we love!!

Anywho...yet another crappy day in RL...run in with the Supervisor...bad bad bad (methinks I may get sacked)...listening to every detail of my friend's love life (lots of fun when you've never been close to having one)

And an all-round bad day...

...Maybe I should flame JM...get flung off of the board and then sneak back with a different identity

j/k

Hulabaloo
August 6th, 2005, 10:38 AM
Somehow i dont think that will work.
Lol.

Catysg1
August 6th, 2005, 10:39 AM
Caty the people who ripped the Sam and Jack Ship should be big enough to rip this Daniel and Vala farse.If the Sam and Jack Ship was suppose to take away from the Show what is the Daniel and Vala Show doing?IMO some Fans will not say a word because it's Daniel and the Daniel character can do no wrong.I'am so glad I skipped tonight.My TV is much safer because of it.

You know what SES ..I'm thinking about selling all my Dvd's season 1 to 6 ..I will never buy season 7 to 9 anyway ..I don't watch reruns anymore and I don't watch the DVD 's either ..I'm done with the show ..Stargate TPTB is really bad , they don't seem to learn and listen to their dedicated fans .I will now buy JAG dvd's and surely the LOST season 1 DVD when available ..Selling my Stargate DVD 's will provide me with enough money to buy season 2 & 3 of JAG and the "lost" season 1 .

Atlantis , coming from same TPTB ..it will be out of the question for me to buy season 1 DVD too :)

Also NCIS is very good too :) very funny :)

Caty :)

nell
August 6th, 2005, 10:39 AM
Hi guys- I'm here with Lol4jack and Sugarshaker at the Nj convention. Waiting for Gary Jones to come on to talk. If we here anything, will post. Bye

(((((trupi))))), (((((LOL4JACK))))), (((((Sugarshaker)))))

Have a blast!!! :D ;)

Catysg1
August 6th, 2005, 10:51 AM

Please have fun and report but I get the feeling there will be nothing Sam and Jack ...and all you 'll hear about ship is vala/Daniel ship .

Don't be too sad still and most of all ..enjoy being with your shipper friends .

sueKay
August 6th, 2005, 10:57 AM
Caty - I'm not going to let TPTB screw around with six and a bit good years of SG1...make copies of your dvds before you sell them...there's some good stuff in there...that was before TPTB lost sight of...

<3 <3 <3

And could only see...

$$$£££$$$

I still watch my DVDs, but I'll probably only buy the volumes that have Zero Hour, Citizen Joe and Threads on.

Billie
August 6th, 2005, 11:07 AM
Anywho...yet another crappy day in RL...run in with the Supervisor...bad bad bad (methinks I may get sacked)...listening to every detail of my friend's love life (lots of fun when you've never been close to having one)

And an all-round bad day...

j/k

Hey sueKay, sorry to hear you've had a bad day. Can sympathise will the whole friend's love life thing. I've spent most of my day painting 146 moulding clay hearts pink for a friends wedding. Obviously I am thrilled that she is getting married but if I see one more heart that needs painting pink I think I'm gonna freak!!

My day did improve however when England made a come back against the Aussies in the cricket. Looks like we may actually win!! :D whoo hoo!!
Sorry all, I know that's totally OT but I did read some Jack and Sam ship fic which also made me smile lots! :p

Cathain Nottingham
August 6th, 2005, 11:08 AM
Wow - I must say I can't agree with most of the talk on the thread. To me Sam and Jack wasn't the only thing about the show, and to me Sam and Jack will continue on with fan fiction and the fandoms but it doesn't mean that the show is over.

sueKay
August 6th, 2005, 11:13 AM
(((Billie)))

Cathain - I agree with you...Season 1 to the midpoint of season seven were great...I'm not going to let anything tarnish that...

As for the show ending along with S/J ship...for me that's not true...I'll be watching from Beachhead onwards...Vala's putting me off watching...if I want to watch skantily clad women making raunchy remarks...there's TV channels for that sort of stuff...It doesn't belong in sci fi.

melpomene
August 6th, 2005, 11:14 AM
You know what SES ..I'm thinking about selling all my Dvd's season 1 to 6 ..I will never buy season 7 to 9 anyway ..I don't watch reruns anymore and I don't watch the DVD 's either ..I'm done with the show ..Stargate TPTB is really bad , they don't seem to learn and listen to their dedicated fans .I will now buy JAG dvd's and surely the LOST season 1 DVD when available ..Selling my Stargate DVD 's will provide me with enough money to buy season 2 & 3 of JAG and the "lost" season 1 .

Atlantis , coming from same TPTB ..it will be out of the question for me to buy season 1 DVD too :)

That's so sad. I would never give up gate. I still love the show for what it has been. I could never give up my seasons 1-7 for what happened or didn't happen in seasons 8 and 9. But then, I've always been good at creating dream worlds. As long as the show ended in 8 with no Pete. And the team together, I think I can be satisfied with that. I think I'll stay out of the spin off that is season 9 write fanfic, make vids, and watch reruns.

Cathain Nottingham
August 6th, 2005, 11:30 AM
(((Billie)))

Cathain - I agree with you...Season 1 to the midpoint of season seven were great...I'm not going to let anything tarnish that...

As for the show ending along with S/J ship...for me that's not true...I'll be watching from Beachhead onwards...Vala's putting me off watching...if I want to watch skantily clad women making raunchy remarks...there's TV channels for that sort of stuff...It doesn't belong in sci fi.

Ah so its Vala that's the problem. Okay. That I can understand. I've been peeking on and off and from what I caught it just seemed that everyone was revolting due to the changes. I was going to say that's not very nice!

ses110
August 6th, 2005, 11:34 AM
sueKay IMO there is no place for Vala on SG-1.Many people could not stand Anise but why is Vala OK and Anise had to go? I guess it's because Vala is Daniel's adventure buddy and CB was on Farscape.IMO Anise was much better than Vala.

sueKay
August 6th, 2005, 11:36 AM
yeah...for me... Season nine's okay...nothing brilliant (I certainly haven't rushed to see Avalon, Origin or TTTB...I think Landry's okay...and I actually really like Cameron...but Vala (who I thought I was going to like) is a hideous character...I'm going to eatch her in beachhead and nothing else...Sex is not what SG1 is about...if it was...Sam and Jack would be onto baby no.9 by now!

Billie
August 6th, 2005, 11:39 AM
I think I'll stay out of the spin off that is season 9 write fanfic, make vids, and watch reruns.

I'm planning on doing the same mel although minus the writing of fan fic and making of vids as think I'll leave that to you experts! :)
It does help me to think of S9 as a spin off as it alters my expectations somewhat and gives me a bit of closure on sg1 as I know and love it.

However I shall keep my fingers crossed for when Sam returns as you know what they say - hope springs eternal!! ;)

Billie
August 6th, 2005, 11:49 AM
Excuse me for quoting myself but I'm celebrating my 500 posts and poking some fun (frustration) at TPTB. Like they are affected, huh? I taped but have not yet watched last night's TTTB. And I don't know when I will. Part of me wants to protest/ignore/deny the non-Sam and non-Ship episodes. Another part, wants to see Mitchell and Landry and the NEW Stargate SG-1. I am really looking forward to Sam's return!!

Sorry nell, how remiss of me.....

http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/36/36_1_75.gif ON 500 POSTS!!!

Oma-1
August 6th, 2005, 11:59 AM
NELL!!!!! 500 posts!!!!!

Ya gotta do the Boogie Dance :D

http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/5/5_5_138.gif

Hulabaloo
August 6th, 2005, 12:04 PM
Im gonna keep my dvds and there is a Stargate without Sam and Jack.

But they Eventually have to pull them together, i mean if they do ratings will rocket sky high and that is every tv series' dream. They can't always listen to us nor ignore us. We are a big fanbase and will eventually have a complete pull over what happens so my hope lays in the stars.

*Stays positive*

P.S I havent seen S9 yet, whats it like without spoilers?

sueKay
August 6th, 2005, 12:05 PM
I've been doing some trawling through old interviews and whatnot...and found this from an RDA chat transcript from season seven...

<Moderator> *ShanksSJ* Do you and Amanda plan to continue the UST (Unresolved Sexual Tention) is season seven? Please do!
<Moderator> either double-click on Pygar or type "/msg Pygar" on the command line - only without the quotes.)

<RDAnderson> Do we plan too?
<RDAnderson> Sure, why not.
<RDAnderson> It's too bad that it remains unresolved. But I'm afraid it's got to stay that way at least for now.
<RDAnderson> GA
<RDAnderson> It's frustrating for me too.

-------------------------------------------

<Moderator> *flygirl2007* hey from texas!! Ok, I know that you and Amanda would never get together, but what are your thoughts on her? Is she attractive..repulsive...rude and snotty....? Thanks for your time! ~*~Jamie~*~
<Moderator> either double-click on Pygar or type "/msg Pygar" on the command line - only without the quotes.)

<RDAnderson> She's neither rude nor snotty.
<RDAnderson> She's a beautiful and talented actress and an even more beautiful and talented woman.
<RDAnderson> I respect Amanda more than I can say.
<RDAnderson> She carries the load of technical dialog. She's the only one of us that can endure it.
<RDAnderson> She's a babe.
<RDAnderson> GA

lol!

Hulabaloo
August 6th, 2005, 12:09 PM
*reaches high positve rates*

Wow thanks!

sueKay
August 6th, 2005, 12:10 PM
I'll get the link...

http://www.stargater.co.uk/index.php?section=41

BTW - the site it's on is really good!!!!

OH! - I meant to tell you all that I've added my forum to the chevron26 topsites list...so VOTE FOR ME!!!!...please!:o

http://s3.invisionfree.com/Stargate_Intel

Oma-1
August 6th, 2005, 12:12 PM
Caty - I know the S/J ship has lost it's sparkle for you, but I want to point out that "My Videos" folder has a section just for you - imaginatively titled "Caty's Vids" ;) So thanks for all the love you've given it over the last few years. I hope you will find some enjoyment in them again in time :)

sueKay - Love that transcript :p Can you give us a link????? I'll bet there's some other gems hidden in there somewhere :D I love that bit with Amanda on the S..... can't remember which one - 4 or 5? dvd's where she talks about how they've been on hiatus and when she comes back for first day of shooting she sees RDA in the parking lot - ack! car park (I'm BRITISH :p ) - and suddenly realises just how gorgeous he is and thinks "Lucky Me!" I'd love to find a transcript of that somewhere :D

sueKay
August 6th, 2005, 12:16 PM
Oma - the link's above you!

stupid forum clock!

Oma-1
August 6th, 2005, 12:20 PM
yeah...for me... Season nine's okay...nothing brilliant (I certainly haven't rushed to see Avalon, Origin or TTTB...I think Landry's okay...and I actually really like Cameron...but Vala (who I thought I was going to like) is a hideous character...I'm going to eatch her in beachhead and nothing else...Sex is not what SG1 is about...if it was...Sam and Jack would be onto baby no.9 by now!
9????? :eek: *SHUDDERS AT THE THOUGHT*

*definitely stopping at 6 :p*

But joking aside, I definitely agree. I enjoy watching stargate with the kids (although they don't like only being allowed to talk during the breaks :p ). I hope I'm not gonna have to censor the first few eps.

On a brighter note, S8 reruns started yesterday on Sky One and hubby managed to fix the video player, so I can tape it and watch :eek: on FF :D I get the feeling the tape with Threads is going to wear very thin before the boxset comes out. :D

Billie
August 6th, 2005, 12:23 PM
((((sueKay)))) Thanks for your trawling!! The transcript sure made me smile :) Both RDA and AT speaks so highly of eachother, bless them!

I love that clip of AT as well Oma, saw it again the other night and it's towards the end of the Secret files of the SGC - Col Jack O'Neill on the S4 WoO dvd

As for RDAs response to the continued UST - glad he thinks so too!!

sueKay
August 6th, 2005, 12:32 PM
I'm CERTAIN RDA's a shipper...

And there's no dispute with this fact...

WE LOVE RDA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

nell
August 6th, 2005, 12:40 PM
Oma and Billie, Thanks! I've been spending the past week reading Stargate Fan Awards nominations!!! If only we could see on the big screen some of these storylines!!!! :p Like most of you, if not all, I'm confident in saying that we have extra active imaginations. Our right-side of the brain is for creativity and arts!! I'm feeding my brain on these wonderful stories and videos!!! Oooops! RL calls. I'm off for a baseball game tonight. Very close, I might add, to the Pentagon! Note to self: Get left brain in gear because Jack is **sniff** a fantasy! Later, nell ;)

melpomene
August 6th, 2005, 12:43 PM
I'm CERTAIN RDA's a shipper...

And there's no dispute with this fact...

WE LOVE RDA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He's GOT to be a shipper, the way he looks at her with those soft brown eyes... I know some of the writers and directors are shippers but Amanda and Rick seem to be helping. Which gives ua an all new reason to love RDA!!!!!

melpomene
August 6th, 2005, 12:44 PM
Oma and Billie, Thanks! I've been spending the past week reading Stargate Fan Awards nominations!!! If only we could see on the big screen some of these storylines!!!! :p Like most of you, if not all, I'm confident in saying that we have extra active imaginations. Our right-side of the brain is for creativity and arts!! I'm feeding my brain on these wonderful stories and videos!!! Oooops! RL calls. I'm off for a baseball game tonight. Very close, I might add, to the Pentagon! Note to self: Get left brain in gear because Jack is **sniff** a fantasy! Later, nell ;)

Jack's a fantasy? *lower lip quivers*

Hulabaloo
August 6th, 2005, 12:50 PM
Wait. If Ricks a shipper, and h=in the credits hes a producer ((Note : These are S8 credits i aint seen season 9. Sorry to have to keep saying that. :) ))

Then, there...is...hope...for...us...yet!!!!!

florence
August 6th, 2005, 12:54 PM
I'm going to try to say everything in one post...

First, congrats on 500 nell ! :D

Second, welcome to the newbies (won't say names cause I'm sure I'll forget someone :p )

And finally... Caty, I'm sorry for you that you're so disappointed with SG1 thant you're thinking about selling all your DVDs. I won't do that cause I liked the seasons 1-6, and even in S7 and 8 there were some things that I liked. Even if SJ ship is a big reason why I like SG1, I also like it because of other things : sci-fi, humor, characters...
At this time, I'm a bit tired with SG1 (but I'll have a look at S9 when I'll have the chance to watch the new eps ;) ), that's why I'm going to other shows (SGA, Lost). But some time later, I'll enjoy to watch it again :)
So I'll keep all my DVDs. Hey, I've even already ordered the S8 boxset ! :p (and S1 of SGA too :D )

Billie
August 6th, 2005, 12:55 PM
Haven't put the following pic in spoilers as there's not much to spoil but if anyone thinks I should I'll gladly edit! My main reasoning for leaving it out is being able to appreciate at first glance the sheer deliciousness that is RDA!!

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a57/pcbillie/jack_gun.jpg
Me and Sam not end up together? Oh, there's not a chance in Hell!!
;) :) ;) :)

sueKay
August 6th, 2005, 12:55 PM
CONGRATS NELL!!!!!!!!!!!

At the moment...I'm getting into The Dead Zone, CSI Miami and a few others...

I'm going to start watching Lost too!!!!

Hulabaloo
August 6th, 2005, 12:56 PM
Oooh just found this one!

<Moderator> *anise5180* hi Rick! my name is Liz and I'm 13. I think you're the coolest actor ever; you're so talented. I have 2 questions for you: (1) what do exactly do you do as one of the executive producers of Stargate Sg-1? (2) i heard somewere that you might retire soon. is there any truth to this rumor?

<RDAnderson> My job as exec producer is not the classic definition
<RDAnderson> My duties have become more limited as time goes on.
<RDAnderson> IN the early going, as we were finding our rythms to the whole franchise,
<RDAnderson> I'd be involved with my partner in editing, script editing and developement and such
<RDAnderson> mostly fine tuning what comes out of the writers cagte.
<RDAnderson> In some regards I became a liason connecting the writers with the actors
<RDAnderson> Connect some of the problems the writers were having in relationship to the script and the storylines.
<RDAnderson> To be perfectly honest, I dont' know what retirement means to a work-a-holic like myself.
<RDAnderson> I may afford myself some time off when all of this goes away.
<RDAnderson> By then I'll have pay attention to what my priorities are-- at this time it's my daughter.
<RDAnderson> At this time I will not fall into the trap of saying that I will not work again.
<RDAnderson> But I'd like to enjoy some of the fruits of my labor,.
<RDAnderson> GA

Well i wonder if Rick will stay out of it for any longer.

Oma-1
August 6th, 2005, 12:56 PM
sueKay - you left out the best bit!

<Moderator> Well, the last question was the one all girls are dying to know...
<Moderator> Jack: boxers or briefs?

<RDAnderson> Hahah-- Commando!
<RDAnderson> ?

OK, so belongs more in the Thunk thread, but hey *shrugs*

Oma-1
August 6th, 2005, 01:02 PM
Billie - Just noticed Jack has an electric cooker (more of a gas hob person myself :p ). Maybe that's got something to do with all the flames and heat from Sokar's hell :D Or perhaps with that fetish he has for blowing stuff up, electric is safer in his house :D

scjon
August 6th, 2005, 01:07 PM

I haven't seen anything of Season 9 yet, but I honestly can't imagine parting with my Stargate DVDs. There are some episodes that I watch far more than others (Divide & Conquer, Window of Opportunity, Threads etc) and some that I avoid like the plague (Chimera, Affinity). But my Stargate DVDs have got me through some really difficult times in RL and I can't imagine not watching season 1-6 (and even parts of season 7 & 8) again.

But each to her own.....

scjon
August 6th, 2005, 01:10 PM
sueKay - you left out the best bit!

<Moderator> Well, the last question was the one all girls are dying to know...
<Moderator> Jack: boxers or briefs?

<RDAnderson> Hahah-- Commando!
<RDAnderson> ?

OK, so belongs more in the Thunk thread, but hey *shrugs*
Oma. LOL, I love that. Great mood lifter :D :D

Billie
August 6th, 2005, 01:18 PM
Billie - Just noticed Jack has an electric cooker (more of a gas hob person myself :p ). Maybe that's got something to do with all the flames and heat from Sokar's hell :D Or perhaps with that fetish he has for blowing stuff up, electric is safer in his house :D

Yep, or maybe with all the shippy heat fizzing around when he and Sam are hanging out together cooking omelettes in his kitchen it just wouldn't be safe with the gas option!! :p

Hulabaloo
August 6th, 2005, 01:28 PM
We have tooo much imagination.

But who says thats a bad thing...............

melpomene
August 6th, 2005, 01:38 PM
Yep, or maybe with all the shippy heat fizzing around when he and Sam are hanging out together cooking omelettes in his kitchen it just wouldn't be safe with the gas option!! :p

Probably came with the place. Maybe it was rented out, rentals usually have electric. and a lot of houses aren't plumbed for natural gas... Oh, but, Billie's answer is much more romantic so...forget what I just said, I'm sure she's right!

Billie
August 6th, 2005, 01:39 PM
While we're on the subject of imagination....

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a57/pcbillie/jack_omelette.jpg
Hey Carter. I've got the eggs and the beer but I notice that my main ingredient is missing

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a57/pcbillie/sam_phone2.jpg
Yep, sorry Sir, I'll be with you in 10 minutes

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a57/pcbillie/jack_phone2.jpg
Ok, well hurry it up Carter coz I'm hungry...and I don't mean for eggs ;) ;)
:) :) :) :)

Ah, the shipper imagination is a marvellous thing!!

sueKay
August 6th, 2005, 01:57 PM
Doing some more trawling through RDA interviews...

this first one's not SG1 related but I think it's rather funny...but it could be construed as offensive...so in spoiler tags it goes!

1997- "When I was 15, I wanted to be a pro hockey player," recalls Anderson. "I busted one arm, and three weeks later I snapped my [other] elbow -- bones sticking out everywhere." He spent three months in a hospital patrolled by nuns and buxom nurses. "It sucked because I had lost my virginity at 14. Can you imagine discovering the wonderfulness of the opposite sex, then getting laid up? I couldn't even touch myself!"

I found this funny - http://rdanderson.com/archives/98-09-9a.htm no hint of ship...but nice!

From an interview in 1998
What is on the horizon for season three?

O'Neill and Major Carter (Amanda Tapping) get together in the most unexpected of circumstances in an episode entitled Point of View and in Learning Curve O'Neill takes it upon himself to help a young alien reclaim her childhood. What the actor will divulge is that it will all be accomplished with his trademark "tongue-in-cheek, dead-pan delivery but with a little touch of humanity for good measure."

(I'm noticing that as I go through all these interviews...there's loads of shippy pics even if there's no shippy mentions!)

One of the most revealing situations occurs in "Point of View" when O'Neill has to face certain truths regarding his relationship with Captain - soon to be Major - Samantha Carter (Amanda Tapping). Leaning forward and affecting a loud theatrical whisper, he confides, "We get married, you know. There are photographs to prove it."

Immediately confessing that it happens in an alternate universe, the actor maintains that that scenario highlights the emotional dilemma O'Neill must face because it forces him to consider the possibility of less-than-professional feelings toward a colleague. Well aware that the audience has, for some time, craved some sort of romantic entanglement between O'Neill and Carter, he's reluctant to confirm any such development, but hints that the seed has been sown. "We'll just have to wait and see what happens," he shrugs.

more coming soon!

Somnium
August 6th, 2005, 02:03 PM

Hey Carter. I've got the eggs and the beer but I notice that my main ingredient is missing

LOL this is soooooooooo great, I love it :D

gatebee
August 6th, 2005, 02:06 PM
I've been doing some trawling through old interviews and whatnot...and found this from an RDA chat transcript from season seven...

<Moderator> *ShanksSJ* Do you and Amanda plan to continue the UST (Unresolved Sexual Tention) is season seven? Please do!

<RDAnderson> It's too bad that it remains unresolved. But I'm afraid it's got to stay that way at least for now.
<RDAnderson> GA

<Moderator> *flygirl2007* hey from texas!! Ok, I know that you and Amanda would never get together, but what are your thoughts on her? Is she attractive..repulsive...rude and snotty....? Thanks for your time! ~*~Jamie~*~

<RDAnderson> She's a beautiful and talented actress and an even more beautiful and talented woman.
<RDAnderson> She carries the load of technical dialog. She's the only one of us that can endure it.
<RDAnderson> GA

lol!
wow , thanks SueKay for that. Never seen that before.

gatebee
August 6th, 2005, 02:10 PM
Doing some more trawling through RDA interviews...

this first one's not SG1 related but I think it's rather funny...but it could be construed as offensive...so in spoiler tags it goes!

1997- "When I was 15, I wanted to be a pro hockey player," recalls Anderson. "I busted one arm, and three weeks later I snapped my [other] elbow -- bones sticking out everywhere." He spent three months in a hospital patrolled by nuns and buxom nurses. "It sucked because I had lost my virginity at 14. Can you imagine discovering the wonderfulness of the opposite sex, then getting laid up? I couldn't even touch myself!"

I found this funny - http://rdanderson.com/archives/98-09-9a.htm no hint of ship...but nice!

From an interview in 1998
What is on the horizon for season three?

O'Neill and Major Carter (Amanda Tapping) get together in the most unexpected of circumstances in an episode entitled Point of View and in Learning Curve O'Neill takes it upon himself to help a young alien reclaim her childhood. What the actor will divulge is that it will all be accomplished with his trademark "tongue-in-cheek, dead-pan delivery but with a little touch of humanity for good measure."

(I'm noticing that as I go through all these interviews...there's loads of shippy pics even if there's no shippy mentions!)

One of the most revealing situations occurs in "Point of View" when O'Neill has to face certain truths regarding his relationship with Captain - soon to be Major - Samantha Carter (Amanda Tapping). Leaning forward and affecting a loud theatrical whisper, he confides, "We get married, you know. There are photographs to prove it."

Immediately confessing that it happens in an alternate universe, the actor maintains that that scenario highlights the emotional dilemma O'Neill must face because it forces him to consider the possibility of less-than-professional feelings toward a colleague. Well aware that the audience has, for some time, craved some sort of romantic entanglement between O'Neill and Carter, he's reluctant to confirm any such development, but hints that the seed has been sown. "We'll just have to wait and see what happens," he shrugs.

more coming soon!
wow SueKay , thank you ... awesome interview ... thanks for posting it

gatebee
August 6th, 2005, 02:13 PM
Oooh just found this one!

<Moderator> *anise5180* hi Rick! my name is Liz and I'm 13. I think you're the coolest actor ever; you're so talented. I have 2 questions for you: (1) what do exactly do you do as one of the executive producers of Stargate Sg-1? (2) i heard somewere that you might retire soon. is there any truth to this rumor?

<RDAnderson> My job as exec producer is not the classic definition
<RDAnderson> My duties have become more limited as time goes on.
<RDAnderson> IN the early going, as we were finding our rythms to the whole franchise,
<RDAnderson> I'd be involved with my partner in editing, script editing and developement and such
<RDAnderson> mostly fine tuning what comes out of the writers cagte.
<RDAnderson> In some regards I became a liason connecting the writers with the actors
<RDAnderson> Connect some of the problems the writers were having in relationship to the script and the storylines.
<RDAnderson> To be perfectly honest, I dont' know what retirement means to a work-a-holic like myself.
<RDAnderson> I may afford myself some time off when all of this goes away.
<RDAnderson> By then I'll have pay attention to what my priorities are-- at this time it's my daughter.
<RDAnderson> At this time I will not fall into the trap of saying that I will not work again.
<RDAnderson> But I'd like to enjoy some of the fruits of my labor,.
<RDAnderson> GA

Well i wonder if Rick will stay out of it for any longer.
what year was this interview

Billie
August 6th, 2005, 02:19 PM
sueKay - love your Big Brother Sg1!! LOL :D

Well it's goodnight from me. I'm off to indulge in a few Sg1 dvd extras before lights out.
Sleep well and sweet shippy dreams to all :)

Catysg1
August 6th, 2005, 02:24 PM
I'm going to try to say everything in one post...

First, congrats on 500 nell ! :D

Second, welcome to the newbies (won't say names cause I'm sure I'll forget someone :p )

And finally... Caty, I'm sorry for you that you're so disappointed with SG1 thant you're thinking about selling all your DVDs. I won't do that cause I liked the seasons 1-6, and even in S7 and 8 there were some things that I liked. Even if SJ ship is a big reason why I like SG1, I also like it because of other things : sci-fi, humor, characters...
At this time, I'm a bit tired with SG1 (but I'll have a look at S9 when I'll have the chance to watch the new eps ;) ), that's why I'm going to other shows (SGA, Lost). But some time later, I'll enjoy to watch it again :)
So I'll keep all my DVDs. Hey, I've even already ordered the S8 boxset ! :p (and S1 of SGA too :D )

but see... I will never sell my x-files DVD 's ..They are very precious to me ;)

Stargate is not anymore . ..and I don't only watch for the ship either ( although it drew me to the show like the x-files ) but I like a DVD collection with a resolved ship if TPTB has given it .

Catysg1
August 6th, 2005, 02:29 PM
CONGRATS NELL!!!!!!!!!!!

At the moment...I'm getting into The Dead Zone, CSI Miami and a few others...

I'm going to start watching Lost too!!!!

Dead zone is good .I watched the one when he had a vision of his son catching a virus . So , so good :)

SueKay , you will love" Lost" next week. Full of mystery and I have now tons of songs and tracks to make videos to all the characters and couples . Tons of clips to use too. ;)

NCIS is a real good show too and the humor is great :)

Catysg1
August 6th, 2005, 02:34 PM
I haven't seen anything of Season 9 yet, but I honestly can't imagine parting with my Stargate DVDs. There are some episodes that I watch far more than others (Divide & Conquer, Window of Opportunity, Threads etc) and some that I avoid like the plague (Chimera, Affinity). But my Stargate DVDs have got me through some really difficult times in RL and I can't imagine not watching season 1-6 (and even parts of season 7 & 8) again.

But each to her own.....

Exactly .. it does not matter for me to part from my SG1 Dvd 's ..but I would be heartbroken if I had to part from my x-files DVD's .

Catysg1
August 6th, 2005, 02:48 PM
Ah so its Vala that's the problem. Okay. That I can understand. I've been peeking on and off and from what I caught it just seemed that everyone was revolting due to the changes. I was going to say that's not very nice!

Well me, I'm an anti-season 9 no matter what .

SG1 should have stopped ( when RDA wanted to leave) to make the show memorable and true to the actual storyline of the beginning when SG1 was Jack, Sam , Teal'c and Daniel and no one else .

Then it would have been a show of the century , brilliant with a good resolution for Sam and Jack and a bit of RST on screen to finish it all off ....like the JAG finale .

It would have been just great to watch something like that to conclude SG1 ...and the DVD collection ( season 1 to season 8) would be worth it .

There was no need to carry on the show and bring new people in specially the 2 lead actors of farscape ..It's weird to me and tptb by doing that looked desesperate.

sueKay
August 6th, 2005, 03:03 PM
More tidbits - RDA's colourblind (I'm a fan of trivia)

a piccy of our favourite duo that I've never seen before (from rdanderson)

http://rdanderson.com/archives/images/a10600d.jpg

2001 - "Amanda Tapping is a solid comedienne. She has an awareness of the same elements I'm talking about. She knows what she's doing. As an actress, she's strong and she has created one of the stronger women roles I've ever witnessed on television [Dr. Samantha Carter]. I think she's also very proud about it -- and I very much respect that.

RDA and AT chat in 2002 (v funny!) http://rdanderson.com/archives/a2-05-22.htm

Somnium
August 6th, 2005, 03:05 PM
(((((SueKay))))))

You may be feeling down at the mo but you certainly put a smile on my face :D Thanks for sharing all your finds, these are great. I love the trivia too.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v475/Shelby_SG1/YouWanna.bmp
I love this pic, its not mine and I wish I could remember where I borrowed it from cos its so shippy.

florence
August 6th, 2005, 03:14 PM
Well me, I'm an anti-season 9 no matter what .

SG1 should have stopped ( when RDA wanted to leave) to make the show memorable and true to the actual storyline of the beginning when SG1 was Jack, Sam , Teal'c and Daniel and no one else .

Then it would have been a show of the century , brilliant with a good resolution for Sam and Jack and a bit of RST on screen to finish it all off ....like the JAG finale .

It would have been just great to watch something like that to conclude SG1 ...and the DVD collection ( season 1 to season 8) would be worth it .

There was no need to carry on the show and bring new people in specially the 2 lead actors of farscape ..It's weird to me and tptb by doing that looked desesperate.

If I go with what you're saying, they should have ended the show with S5, when Daniel ascended. But then we wouldn't have to meet Jonas who was a good character IMO.
I understand what you mean but I just want to say 'let's give S9 a chance'. We don't know yet how it's going to be. Maybe Mitchell will be a good addition to the team, maybe there will be good stories, maybe the show will go in a new direction... A lot of maybes I know ! :p
We don't know if SJ ship would have been resolved if season 8 had been the last one. Actually, when they were filming the last episode, they didn't know yet if there was going to be another season. Then Threads would still have been the only resolution for SJ ship...

Catysg1
August 6th, 2005, 03:25 PM
If I go with what you're saying, they should have ended the show with S5, when Daniel ascended. But then we wouldn't have to meet Jonas who was a good character IMO.
I understand what you mean but I just want to say 'let's give S9 a chance'. We don't know yet how it's going to be. Maybe Mitchell will be a good addition to the team, maybe there will be good stories, maybe the show will go in a new direction... A lot of maybes I know ! :p
We don't know if SJ ship would have been resolved if season 8 had been the last one. Actually, when they were filming the last episode, they didn't know yet if there was going to be another season. Then Threads would still have been the only resolution for SJ ship...

This is what I mean Florence :)

Season 7 was the right season to end because RDA decided to fade away it but greed , greed and greed ...we had season 8 with Jack as a general ...and that was not too good either for the character ( but RDA was still there a little )...still if the show had stopped with Moebius with a good Sam and Jack resolution ..seeing them inside the cabin perhaps getting readywith the fishing rods and a little kiss at the same time or something like that ...and knowing that Jack had retired , it would have been the perfect ending ...then the fishing .
I don't care if Daniel and Teal'c were there fishing too but being able to see them ( S&J) as a romantic couple would have been perfect to end the show and the SG1 team ...We could have seen them going their own way ...Teal'c ...to Shulak , Daniel ...whatever .!!! and Sam with Jack going to the cabin ..and that'all .

Perfect ..and a memorable show . No need for more ..Now it has put me off .
I will probably watch season 9 well because it's a sci-fi show to watch and at least they don't swear yet like the re-genesis show :eek: but won't be a fan of it at all .

Shame the show had to go on and not rest on a high note .

Somnium
August 6th, 2005, 03:27 PM
RDA and AT chat in 2002 (v funny!) http://rdanderson.com/archives/a2-05-22.htm

Just reading this and this caught my eye

Question from newbie_005:
"Window of Opportunity" is my favourite episode. I was wondering if you woke to find yourself reliving the same day, and could take actions with no consequences, what sort of things would you do, and why?

Amanda Tapping:
As Sam Carter? I'd go fishing with Jack. Over and over and over again!
And this

Question from samjan2:
Hi! We first want to say that we are two 40-something year old professional women who live vicariously through Sam and Jack's relationship (what there is of it) and enjoyed season 4 the most (please don't tell us to get a life!) Please tell us that there will be some (any!) Sam/Jack moments somewhere in season 6. Will they finally declare their love for each other by the end of the series? Will they be together and, if so, how do they work it out?

Amanda Tapping:
Wow, I would never say "get a life." I think it's great that you enjoy that aspect of it. I have no idea what is going to happen between Sam and Jack, but we sure have fun when we get to be together! I think they'll retire after it's all over, go to a cabin and make babies, and fish! [laughs]

Its sooooooooooo shippy I love it :D :D :D :D Makes me go all warm inside wibble ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

sueKay
August 6th, 2005, 03:47 PM
Caty - I like regenesis (felger was a guest star...or rather the actor who played him!)

Somnium - I'm in a bit of an RL rut on several fronts...and this thread allows me to 'escape' for a while.

Trivia you say? RDA's colourblind with blue and green...he lost $50 in a bet with Michael Greenberg when he said that a woman was wearing a green jumper when it was blue!!!

Catysg1
August 6th, 2005, 03:52 PM
Caty - I like regenesis (felger was a guest star...or rather the actor who played him!)

Suekay ;) I tell you what..... I'm gonna send an e-mail to the production of Re-genesis and ask them where is the need to swear like that in a sci-fi show which is supposed to be so meaningful . I just don't get it .

The dad using the bad language while talking to the daughter who is I think 15 , 16 and then 5 minutes later ..we have the daughter , using the same bad language to talk to her parents .
I switched the channel off because I expect that kind of language in "Die Hard "with Bruce Willis ..if you see what I mean !!!!..but in Re-Genesis ..I did'nt get it . :S

galaxy
August 6th, 2005, 04:08 PM
Hello Shippers!!! :D

Thanks for the Interviews sueKay!!! They are great! Would rep you but I can't. Sorry!

I just watched a few stargate eps (not even shippy ones) and now I'm kind of...high. LOL :D

Regarding the DVDs...I could never part with my SG-DVDs either.
I watch them over and over and over and over again!!!
No matter what happens right now with the show, it's still my favorite and I absolutely love it!!!

Sure I watch other shows too...but not the way I watch stargate.
Without the passion and interest.
I'm not in any other fandom, I don't really care if I miss an ep of these shows and I definitely don't spend so much time with watching/ thinking about/ spending money for/ talking about/ reading of/ getting excited over any other TV show than Stargate (and XF a few years ago...).
I watch other shows only with my eyes, not with my heart. *sniff* :p

I LOVE STARGATE!!!!
(Just in case you didn't know :p :D )

sueKay
August 6th, 2005, 04:09 PM
I agree with you Caty, but in my area...swearing's aprt of everyday language...it's a sad fact, but I can't walk down a street without kids and adults shouting vulgar things at me or each other...To tell you the truth...I never noticed the swearing until the daughter swore...I think that was a bit too far...I'd never speak to my parents like that...I do swear in front of them, but that's recent and never directly to them.

Catysg1
August 6th, 2005, 04:18 PM
I agree with you Caty, but in my area...swearing's aprt of everyday language...it's a sad fact, but I can't walk down a street without kids and adults shouting vulgar things at me or each other...To tell you the truth...I never noticed the swearing until the daughter swore...I think that was a bit too far...I'd never speak to my parents like that...I do swear in front of them, but that's recent and never directly to them.

I know suekay but in the making of Re-genesis ,...they were saying how clever and intelligent the show was ..I was getting really excited to see something close to what the future would be ..It's a sci-fi show with a lot of science in there talking about bio-chemical welfare and staff like that ..so very serious stuff ...and this swearing is out of place ..it's not for a show like that one . I need to get hold of the TPTB e-mail Re -genesis .

May be I 'll watch it again when the swearing is censored :) ;)

Catysg1
August 6th, 2005, 04:26 PM
Hello Shippers!!! :D

Thanks for the Interviews sueKay!!! They are great! Would rep you but I can't. Sorry!

I just watched a few stargate eps (not even shippy ones) and now I'm kind of...high. LOL :D

Regarding the DVDs...I could never part with my SG-DVDs either.
I watch them over and over and over and over again!!!
No matter what happens right now with the show, it's still my favorite and I absolutely love it!!!

Sure I watch other shows too...but not the way I watch stargate.
Without the passion and interest.
I'm not in any other fandom, I don't really care if I miss an ep of these shows and I definitely don't spend so much time with watching/ thinking about/ spending money for/ talking about/ reading of/ getting excited over any other TV show than Stargate (and XF a few years ago...).
I watch other shows only with my eyes, not with my heart. *sniff* :p

I LOVE STARGATE!!!!
(Just in case you didn't know :p :D )

I have been and are passionate for a lot of shows ..but usually only one at a time for a period of time .It usually lasts until the show is over ..It happened to me for X-files , then the lost world , Stargate SG1 , now Lost . All 3 shws I watched them with passion ( X-files , the lost world and Stargate ) .
My passion has now moved to another show .

X-files is over and for me SG1 is over ( The team of SG1 I mean) and my passion dies with the real SG1 . When I stop making videos for a show then I know that the passion is dying and it won't last long after that until I find something else ,a new passion ..and I look for it ...I always find a new one ;)

It's just great and it's so nice to be able to make videos with a fresh show .

Still Sam and Jack together forever :D They will still be in my heart same as Mulder and Scully AND MORE ... :D

sueKay
August 6th, 2005, 04:31 PM
As long as you stay with the family, that's fine by us! :D

AncientKnowledge
August 6th, 2005, 04:44 PM
Hey,shippers....I have to drop in a say hi! I love to ship,but I never get the time to!!! :P But I have to say,I can't wait untill Sam comes back! No more vala!!! YES! :D

sueKay
August 6th, 2005, 04:56 PM
WELCOME (BACK) TO THE FAMILY!!!!!

So agree with you about 'Anise 2.5' or V-girl...

Anyone got better nick names for her????

jafacakes
August 6th, 2005, 05:21 PM
Hi Shipper family :D . I have missed coming here, real life and a pesky stuborn computer conspired to keep me away from my daily lurk and occasional posting :o .
Hope you are all ok and surviving S9 without RDA. What does it feel like watching the new episodes with all the new changes? Are the stories and new caracters working ?
I have about 300 pages to catch up but if anyone can give me an idea of what's been happening it would be great. And I'm quite a spoiller whore ;)

Cathain Nottingham
August 6th, 2005, 05:47 PM
One thing about S9 - Cameron (BB) is a scene stealer - he's a cutie!

HailDorothy
August 6th, 2005, 06:55 PM
Hey, Kids, I'm Baaaaaaaaaaccccccccccccckkkkkkkkkk!!!

Just got my wounded pc back from the doctor. Up and running smooth as a baby's butt!! :D

So, what'd I miss anything??? Well, I know I missed the chit-chat after the Friday night ep. But anything new on our favorite wannabe lovers??? Whom in my my world are already married. :)

Alaskhah
August 6th, 2005, 07:09 PM
Hi guys! I've been absent from here as of late, though I do lurk from time to time. I was watching/capping Emancipation the other day and came upon this little gem. The quality is only so-so, but the looks on their faces are worth it, I think. Enjoy! :D

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y92/alaskhah/Ships/EmancipationSamJack01.jpg

Buc252
August 6th, 2005, 07:58 PM

The fact of the matter is, IMO, Jack *is* SG1. He is the key character and everything was written from his POV for the first six or so seasons. When RDA decided to retire - and I applaud his reasons - the show should have ended. If they *wanted* to do a spinoff, fine, but Stargate SG1 should have ended, and I will not watch this *******ized version of one of my favorite shows.

Add to that the fact that we had a *promise* from TPTB that Stargate would *never* go on without Rick, and I see no reason to give Season 9 a chance. And I'm not hearing anything to make me feel otherwise.

LadyJeep
August 6th, 2005, 08:01 PM

<RDAnderson> GA

<RDAnderson> GA

lol!Sue Kay,
Thanks so much for posting this. It really helps to lighten the spirit in the absence of our favorite pair. :p

LadyJeep
August 6th, 2005, 08:18 PM
Nell,

Congratulations on 500 posts!!!!!

Sir Ruff
August 6th, 2005, 08:19 PM
Hello shippers :) How you all doin? So, season 9 started.. I bet you've been talkin about that for pages :p Don't know the american schedule for s9 so how many of you have seen it? How are we generally feelin about this ? :D

Galaxy, I just now noticed the green. Thanks! :) Been away for along time and now this place is all changed and all :p

majorsal
August 6th, 2005, 08:19 PM

sam and jack having one baby per season? YEAH! :p

LadyJeep
August 6th, 2005, 08:25 PM
Im gonna keep my dvds and there is a Stargate without Sam and Jack.

But they Eventually have to pull them together, i mean if they do ratings will rocket sky high and that is every tv series' dream. They can't always listen to us nor ignore us. We are a big fanbase and will eventually have a complete pull over what happens so my hope lays in the stars.

*Stays positive*

P.S I havent seen S9 yet, whats it like without spoilers?
I think the same way, Hulabaloo. :p Even though I love the ship, I am an SG1 fan, too. I love the show (even if I can't wait til Vala is gone) and I feel that we will see Sam & Jack back to finish the ship before our very eyes! :D

majorsal
August 6th, 2005, 08:27 PM
but see... I will never sell my x-files DVD 's ..They are very precious to me ;)

Stargate is not anymore . ..and I don't only watch for the ship either ( although it drew me to the show like the x-files ) but I like a DVD collection with a resolved ship if TPTB has given it .

hold on to them, caty, more is coming! ;)

trupi
August 6th, 2005, 08:35 PM
Hi guys! Sitting in the hotel bar with Sugarshaker,Lol4jack, Lynn and myself. Was with Don and Gary, Lynn is now talking to Peter Williams. waiting to see if Michael and Chris make an appearance. Will update as infor comes in-Bye.

majorsal
August 6th, 2005, 08:36 PM
(snip)

and then a movie or two... the arc unfolds, albeit slowly. :p

gatebee
August 6th, 2005, 08:38 PM
Hi guys! I've been absent from here as of late, though I do lurk from time to time. I was watching/capping Emancipation the other day and came upon this little gem. The quality is only so-so, but the looks on their faces are worth it, I think. Enjoy! :D

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y92/alaskhah/Ships/EmancipationSamJack01.jpg
that is such a nice manip pic .... you captured the very feelings of Sam and Jack

nell
August 6th, 2005, 08:44 PM

Billie, Love it!!!!!! Between the SG-1 action/adventure and this kind of shippy scene, the ratings would be sky-rocketing! Too bad they don't get it!!! :rolleyes:

gatebee
August 6th, 2005, 08:45 PM
Hi guys! Sitting in the hotel bar with Sugarshaker,Lol4jack, Lynn and myself. Was with Don and Gary, Lynn is now talking to Peter Williams. waiting to see if Michael and Chris make an appearance. Will update as infor comes in-Bye.
Trupi very nice of you to keep us posted.

LadyJeep
August 6th, 2005, 08:56 PM

Billie,
I just love the way your imagination runs...wild! :D I just love this!

mjj1993
August 6th, 2005, 09:05 PM
Hi all! I've been gone for a long while because I was just so sad about Sam and Jack and no real resolution as far as I was concerned. I still find it sad but am trying to like season 9, mostly because I luv Ben Browder--he is so cute and it's not his fault that TPTB are idiots!

I miss RDA but I am REALLY missing Sam. I can't wait til she comes back.

Does anyone know if RDA will make any more appearances? I had read that he was making the two as a "favor". :(

nell
August 6th, 2005, 09:13 PM

(((((trupi, LOL4JACK, Sugarshaker, Lynn))))) I am so excited for you gals!!! Thanks for the highlights of your mission to enjoy all things SG-1 and bring back any and all spoilers!!! :D We will expect an in-depth "de-briefing" and "reports" when you recover from the excitement!!! :rolleyes:

Archimedes3.14
August 6th, 2005, 09:15 PM
Can anyone recommend any good S/J videos?

trupi
August 6th, 2005, 09:16 PM
(((((trupi, LOL4JACK, Sugarshaker, Lynn))))) I am so excited for you gals!!! Thanks for the highlights of your mission to enjoy all things SG-1 and bring back any and all spoilers!!! :D We will expect an in-depth "de-briefing" and "reports" when you recover from the excitement!!! :rolleyes:
Lol4jack will have pictures of the conventions and Lynn is still talking to Peter Williams. Still waiting for Michael and Chris. We'll keep updating!

trupi
August 6th, 2005, 09:21 PM
Hi Shippers it's LOL4JACK... Trupi and Lynn just abandoned me and they are talking to Peter Williams...

gatewatcher
August 6th, 2005, 09:22 PM
hello, shipper family,
just bopping in to try to catch up........never happen......
Welcome to the Newbies!!!!
I saw someone was wondering about ordering the new books, like Sally's ( excellent by the way Matter of Honor) can't wait for the new one in Sept I think.......
I ordered mine from Amazon UK and got all four at the same time......with the price and shipping to me ( in Indiana) I charged approx. $65 and it took less than two weeks to get here!!! I have read all four and enjoyed, but Sally's was the best!!
and......in reference to S9 I have always enjoyed Daniel with the team.... I think i like Mitchell, however, I don't llike him using Jack's lines.....but.............................I AM GETTING QUITE BORED WITH THE DANIEL AND VALA SHOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

now back to my composed self off to read more fiction night all

Sir Ruff
August 6th, 2005, 11:17 PM
I saw someone was wondering about ordering the new books, like Sally's ( excellent by the way Matter of Honor) can't wait for the new one in Sept I think.......
I ordered mine from Amazon UK and got all four at the same time......with the price and shipping to me ( in Indiana) I charged approx. $65 and it took less than two weeks to get here!!! I have read all four and enjoyed, but Sally's was the best!!

For all you european fans Play.com is a great place to order sg-1 books. Takes 3-5 days to deliver and it's free shipping! Books here (http://play.com/play247.asp?page=search&searchtype=bookall&pa=srmr&searchstring=stargate) :)

LtColSamONeill
August 6th, 2005, 11:37 PM
My opinions on Season 9 so far GOOD GOD, SOMEONE WAKE ME UP FROM THIS NIGHTMARE!!!!! These writers are sucking the life out of Ben B. and Claudia B. and making me drop to my knees and beg for another Farscape movie so they can be released from Stargate Hell!!" I love Ben and I love Claudia, but these writers are so inept that they are giving them absolutely nothing to work with here!!. They continue to shove Claudia at Michael Shanks, who can't muster an ounce of chemistry with this beautiful and talented woman, mainly because I find him and his character Daniel so utterly boring, that I can't stand it anymore. I know that Daniel can only be attracted to "submissive women" and Sha're proves that point, because if it was any other way, he wouldn't have a problem with Vala, a woman with an actual backbone who can kick his speed talking behind!! The only good stuff I've seen in this season so far, has been when the writers have "allowed" Ben and Claudia to interact. They have tons of chemistry just by looking across the room at each other. The writers blew their chance at something great because they were so afraid that by putting Vala and Cameron together it would turn into 'Fargate'. They obviously have no faith in Ben and Claudias talents, like I do.

This season has proven to me, at least, that Michael Shanks cannot carry this show and Christopher Judge has had so little to do that Teal'c has become pointless. Daniel has definately ripped out my last nerve this season and much like I have to do with Sam and Jack, I'm forced to live for the little moments between Cameron and Vala. They are all that interests me about the show these days.

The one and only reason I am still hanging in there is Amanda Tapping. Amanda has brought so much to this show (especially with RDA, but alas, I can't wait for his return, just hope that he decides to make a few more appearances) and I know she will continue to do so, but I am just afraid that Sam Carter will be sacrificed at the sainted alter of Daniel Jackson upon her return. Why must the PTB continue to cater to Michael Shanks and Daniel when this is supposed to be a "team" show? Richard was definately "the star" of Stargate, but he never felt the need to put himself in that role, but instead made stars out of Amanda, Michael and Chris by playing his character of Jack as a member of a team. Michael S. or his character of Daniel do not have the ability to play the "lead" or should he be written that way. There should have been equal time given to all the characters that are now on the canvas, but there hasn't been.

They give Claudia alot of airtime, but then waste her talents by trying to make her character, the only lead female at present, into a sex kitten. Vala still could have had a sexy, sarcastic side and still been written as a strong and capable woman, and the only scenes they've given to her to portray that have been few and far between. Claudia got to show snippets of her talent during one scene in TTTB when she was explaining to Daniel how her life wasn't all peachy and how she had to fight her demons, and the writers automatically turned it into nothing but a joke she was trying to pull on Daniel. She also got to show some great emotions from Vala when she was being burned at the stake. If the writers had any common sense, they would have played these things up more, instead of turning it into another "humor" moment. I wish she'd stay around just to have scenes with Amanda/Sam , cause they could have some amazing moments, in the hands of a competant writer.

Ben has had little to do except the occasional flashback to give us insight into his character of Cameron, but again, instead of the writers letting Ben flesh out his own character, they write him as an RDA replacement and have some very similar lines coming out of his mouth. They'd do better letting Ben write his own stuff.

Christopher Judge. Is he even still on this show? Granted I don't want to see weeks on end of Jaffa driven stories, but they should at least give Teal'c something to do, besides follow Daniel around so he doesn't get hurt by falling debris. Actually I wouldn't mind seeing that LOL.

This whole season so far has been way to Daniel heavy and since I can hardly stand Daniel, it's not a good thing for me.

Amanda, any chance you can hurry up and get back? LOL. I'll try and hang in there. I live for that rumored phone call, sad as that is.

Okaye, I'm done screaming for the night. For all you Daniel/Shanks fans out there, this is only my opinion and if I have offended you in any way, well all I can say is remember my screen name and maybe not read any more of my posts LOL.

sg-1fanintn
August 6th, 2005, 11:41 PM
Wow! Miss a couple of days here, and you miss a lot! It sure is gloomy here, though. I'd like to say:

Welcome, Hulabaloo and Archimedes3.14!

Welcome back, jafacakes, Alaskhah, Sir Ruff and mjj1993!
I do think it is very sad that it's been 30 hours since I taped SG-1 (while we were out at dinner celebrating my Mom's 84th birthday).....and I still haven't watched it back. I just don't feel a rush, but will watch it before the weekend is over. Right now, we're watching National Treasure, which we bought tonight. Good movie!

And now, to try to add a little cheer to our otherwise dreary forum, I submit for your consideration the following short photo story:

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y128/newsgoddess/707-EnemyMine3.jpg

JACK: Back off, Vala! My heart belongs to Sam!

Sir Ruff
August 7th, 2005, 12:31 AM
My opinions on Season 9 so far
This season has proven to me, at least, that Michael Shanks cannot carry this show and Christopher Judge has had so little to do that Teal'c has become pointless. Daniel has definately ripped out my last nerve this season

Ben has had little to do except the occasional flashback to give us insight into his character of Cameron, but again, instead of the writers letting Ben flesh out his own character, they write him as an RDA replacement and have some very similar lines coming out of his mouth. They'd do better letting Ben write his own stuff.

Christopher Judge. Is he even still on this show?

I mostly agree I think that this whole new plot line with merlin and stuff is just wrong. Don't know how. It feels that every new episodes takes a little bit of the original magic of stargate and throws it to a blackhole. The show has come so far away from the orignal plot the original idea that made this show what it is.. these few new eps are actually the first eps ever I've watched while surfin on the net :S That's how lame the Ori feel.. And the way they speak..http://img29.imageshack.us/img29/4496/yawnee7xl.gif

Feels like writers are out of ideas and they're tryin to rebirth the show by coming up with this new storyline and changin the lead characters and hopin they get away with it. This is startin to feel like another spin off. And I agree Daniel can not carry the show on his own. So far I don't think any of the new characters can. And as for Vala.. I hope she's just a visiting star. Don't like they way she's being written. I hope this all changes to the better so that i can keep watchin :p

sueKay
August 7th, 2005, 01:45 AM
Heya!

I noticed the piccy that I tried to post yesterday didn't appear, so it must be to do with directly linking from rdanderson.com...so thanks to Majorsal for pointing that out to me!

it's a rather fuzzy behind the scenes one from season one (i think)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v319/sueKay/sdgggggg.jpg

Hulabaloo
August 7th, 2005, 02:19 AM
What about this pic?

http://rdanderson.com/archives/images/a20522a.jpg

Sweet, it was on the side of a Amanda and Rick interview.

Hulabaloo
August 7th, 2005, 02:27 AM
This one made me laugh:

Question from tessamac:
Hi Rick! At Gatecon last year, Amanda described the way you smelled in 22 words or less. Could you do that for her too, please? :-)

Richard Dean Anderson:
She described how I smell???? [To Amanda] You described how I smell??? Come over here, Amanda, let me smell you... I'm smelling Amanda now! Mmm... she smells like hairspray. She smells like the very essence of life itself. It means she should shower. Soon. She's smelling me now... I'd put her on the phone, but her nose is between my toes. Come on, get up!

Catysg1
August 7th, 2005, 04:42 AM
My opinions on Season 9 so far GOOD GOD, SOMEONE WAKE ME UP FROM THIS NIGHTMARE!!!!! These writers are sucking the life out of Ben B. and Claudia B. and making me drop to my knees and beg for another Farscape movie so they can be released from Stargate Hell!!" I love Ben and I love Claudia, but these writers are so inept that they are giving them absolutely nothing to work with here!!. They continue to shove Claudia at Michael Shanks, who can't muster an ounce of chemistry with this beautiful and talented woman, mainly because I find him and his character Daniel so utterly boring, that I can't stand it anymore. I know that Daniel can only be attracted to "submissive women" and Sha're proves that point, because if it was any other way, he wouldn't have a problem with Vala, a woman with an actual backbone who can kick his speed talking behind!! The only good stuff I've seen in this season so far, has been when the writers have "allowed" Ben and Claudia to interact. They have tons of chemistry just by looking across the room at each other. The writers blew their chance at something great because they were so afraid that by putting Vala and Cameron together it would turn into 'Fargate'. They obviously have no faith in Ben and Claudias talents, like I do.

This season has proven to me, at least, that Michael Shanks cannot carry this show and Christopher Judge has had so little to do that Teal'c has become pointless. Daniel has definately ripped out my last nerve this season and much like I have to do with Sam and Jack, I'm forced to live for the little moments between Cameron and Vala. They are all that interests me about the show these days.

The one and only reason I am still hanging in there is Amanda Tapping. Amanda has brought so much to this show (especially with RDA, but alas, I can't wait for his return, just hope that he decides to make a few more appearances) and I know she will continue to do so, but I am just afraid that Sam Carter will be sacrificed at the sainted alter of Daniel Jackson upon her return. Why must the PTB continue to cater to Michael Shanks and Daniel when this is supposed to be a "team" show? Richard was definately "the star" of Stargate, but he never felt the need to put himself in that role, but instead made stars out of Amanda, Michael and Chris by playing his character of Jack as a member of a team. Michael S. or his character of Daniel do not have the ability to play the "lead" or should he be written that way. There should have been equal time given to all the characters that are now on the canvas, but there hasn't been.

They give Claudia alot of airtime, but then waste her talents by trying to make her character, the only lead female at present, into a sex kitten. Vala still could have had a sexy, sarcastic side and still been written as a strong and capable woman, and the only scenes they've given to her to portray that have been few and far between. Claudia got to show snippets of her talent during one scene in TTTB when she was explaining to Daniel how her life wasn't all peachy and how she had to fight her demons, and the writers automatically turned it into nothing but a joke she was trying to pull on Daniel. She also got to show some great emotions from Vala when she was being burned at the stake. If the writers had any common sense, they would have played these things up more, instead of turning it into another "humor" moment. I wish she'd stay around just to have scenes with Amanda/Sam , cause they could have some amazing moments, in the hands of a competant writer.

Christopher Judge. Is he even still on this show? Granted I don't want to see weeks on end of Jaffa driven stories, but they should at least give Teal'c something to do, besides follow Daniel around so he doesn't get hurt by falling debris. Actually I wouldn't mind seeing that LOL.

This whole season so far has been way to Daniel heavy and since I can hardly stand Daniel, it's not a good thing for me.

Amanda, any chance you can hurry up and get back? LOL. I'll try and hang in there. I live for that rumored phone call, sad as that is.

Okaye, I'm done screaming for the night. For all you Daniel/Shanks fans out there, this is only my opinion and if I have offended you in any way, well all I can say is remember my screen name and maybe not read any more of my posts LOL.

Bravo...bravo (, clap. clap, clap ) my dear (((Heidi))) ;)
Loved your post :) You have what it takes to write something like that but I just love it and I'm with you Heidi ..you are not alone :)

shipper hannah
August 7th, 2005, 04:43 AM
hey everyone i'm back from london! i've missed you all so much!
i can't believe its just been a week it seems so much longer!
i'm sad to hear that so many of you think that s9 is b******s. i'll have to wait til october to form my own opinion...that's too long!!!!
*sigh*
ah well.
has anyone got any new fanfics to recommend? nothin with pete in. i need cheering up, i can't deal with a ton of angst at the mo.

Catysg1
August 7th, 2005, 04:45 AM
OT but a little announcement about LOST starting in the UK next wednesday on Channel 4 ,,There will be 2 episodes that night . Pilot 1 starts at 8.30 pm then half an hour break for Big brother then pilot 2 starts at 10 pm . ;)

and Sam and Jack forever together in the comfort of their little cabin by the lake :)

shipper hannah
August 7th, 2005, 04:49 AM
This one made me laugh:

Question from tessamac:
Hi Rick! At Gatecon last year, Amanda described the way you smelled in 22 words or less. Could you do that for her too, please? :-)

Richard Dean Anderson:
She described how I smell???? [To Amanda] You described how I smell??? Come over here, Amanda, let me smell you... I'm smelling Amanda now! Mmm... she smells like hairspray. She smells like the very essence of life itself. It means she should shower. Soon. She's smelling me now... I'd put her on the phone, but her nose is between my toes. Come on, get up!

lol! :D it's cute!

Billie
August 7th, 2005, 05:12 AM
This made me chuckle! :p

Question from flashpointe68:
Is Rick as great a kisser as he seems he would be??

Amanda Tapping:
Rick is phenomenal kisser. Wait, let me double-check that, I'm going to kiss him right now. That was a short one but he is, in fact, as phenomenal a kisser as one might imagine. That was a great question, because I got to kiss Rick. Any more like that and I'm all over... Rick fainted, though. [laughs] Thank you thank you thank you, this is so great!

And this interview was pre honkin kisses in S7&S8! I'd love to know how many takes were required to get those scenes just right!! ;)

Billie
August 7th, 2005, 05:18 AM
i'm sad to hear that so many of you think that s9 is b******s. i'll have to wait til october to form my own opinion...that's too long!!!!
*sigh*
ah well.
has anyone got any new fanfics to recommend? nothin with pete in. i need cheering up, i can't deal with a ton of angst at the mo.

Hi shipper hannah, hope you had a good time here in London! Like you I am having to wait until Oct to join in the discussions on S9 although I can't say that I'm desperate to see the first part of the season, lets just hope that when Sams return we get something to smile about :)

As for fanfic, I'm loving all the stories from Gail's site so if you haven't already delved in you must!!
http://outoftheroom.homestead.com/index.html

dmovies
August 7th, 2005, 05:22 AM

I agree with your entire post, but for myself, I fell asleep during SG1 Friday night and woke up when Battlestar started. I've been a fan for 9 years now-and I fell asleep. That's how boring it's gotten. Glad I taped it. I was able to watch it later and yes, I could have fallen asleep again! I hope Amanda can make a difference when she returns.

Catysg1
August 7th, 2005, 05:56 AM
I agree with your entire post, but for myself, I fell asleep during SG1 Friday night and woke up when Battlestar started. I've been a fan for 9 years now-and I fell asleep. That's how boring it's gotten. Glad I taped it. I was able to watch it later and yes, I could have fallen asleep again! I hope Amanda can make a difference when she returns.

Falling asleep while SG1 is on is very very bad news .. dmovies ...Please Amanda /SAM ..come back quick and kick Vala out of the show so that Daniel can have something more Stargatey to do :

and Poor Teal'c probably needs you to be back too for those lovely chats you had together :)

Need to go now , need to delete all Stargate clips related from my drive :( so that I can upload all season 1 LOST for smashing videos ..Wish me luck ..gonna be sad to do but it has to be done ..and the time is now :S

galaxy
August 7th, 2005, 06:20 AM
Wow, the shippers are coming back to shipper town!!! YAY!!! :D

Welcome back
AncientKnowledge, Jafacakes, HailDorothy, Alaskhah, Sir Ruff, mjj1993, Shipperhannah and everyone I missed....
I'm glad you all are back! :) :) :)

I mostly agree I think that this whole new plot line with merlin and stuff is just wrong. Don't know how. It feels that every new episodes takes a little bit of the original magic of stargate and throws it to a blackhole. The show has come so far away from the orignal plot the original idea that made this show what it is.. these few new eps are actually the first eps ever I've watched while surfin on the net :S That's how lame the Ori feel.. And the way they speak..http://img29.imageshack.us/img29/4496/yawnee7xl.gif

Feels like writers are out of ideas and they're tryin to rebirth the show by coming up with this new storyline and changin the lead characters and hopin they get away with it. This is startin to feel like another spin off. And I agree Daniel can not carry the show on his own. So far I don't think any of the new characters can. And as for Vala.. I hope she's just a visiting star. Don't like they way she's being written. I hope this all changes to the better so that i can keep watchin :p

Thanks! I thought I'm the only one who thinks this Merlin storyline thing is silly.
Don't know. I can't take that seriously. :S
But as long as they don't make SG1 fight against a magic dragon and Daniel doesn't begin to fly through the air on a broom to play Quidditch, I can live with that.... I guess. :D

galaxy
August 7th, 2005, 06:38 AM
Falling asleep while SG1 is on is very very bad news .. dmovies ...Please Amanda /SAM ..come back quick and kick Vala out of the show so that Daniel can have something more Stargatey to do :

and Poor Teal'c probably needs you to be back too for those lovely chats you had together :)

Need to go now , need to delete all Stargate clips related from my drive :( so that I can upload all season 1 LOST for smashing videos ..Wish me luck ..gonna be sad to do but it has to be done ..and the time is now :S

:( :( :( :(

Good luck! I loved your videos!
Well I guess now it's the turn of the Lost Fans to benefit from your great talent! :)
Thanks for all the wonderful vids Caty! (especially for the "Everything" one.
I saved it on my computer and watch it quite often. :D )

((((Caty)))))

:) :) :)

galaxy
August 7th, 2005, 06:41 AM
What about this pic?

http://rdanderson.com/archives/images/a20522a.jpg

Sweet, it was on the side of a Amanda and Rick interview.

I can't see the pic. :(

galaxy
August 7th, 2005, 06:44 AM
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y128/newsgoddess/707-EnemyMine3.jpg

JACK: Back off, Vala! My heart belongs to Sam!

ROFLMAO :D :D :D

Vala should get a manicure!!!

galaxy
August 7th, 2005, 06:55 AM

Amanda Tapping:
Rick is phenomenal kisser. Wait, let me double-check that, I'm going to kiss him right now. That was a short one but he is, in fact, as phenomenal a kisser as one might imagine. That was a great question, because I got to kiss Rick. Any more like that and I'm all over... Rick fainted, though. [laughs] Thank you thank you thank you, this is so great!

And this interview was pre honkin kisses in S7&S8! I'd love to know how many takes were required to get those scenes just right!! ;)

Oy...this makes my thunker heart pound like a jackhammer. :rolleyes: :D

Billie
August 7th, 2005, 06:55 AM

I hear ya!....no, really I hear ya - sounds more like a sledgehammer galaxy!! :p

ses110
August 7th, 2005, 07:04 AM
Great post.IMO TPTB have many examples of the Daniel character not being able to carry the Show Icon comes to Mind.I do not know why TPTB keep trying to make Daniel a lead character.IMO I never felt Jack took over the Show the way I feel Daniel taking over the Show in Season 9.The only hope we have is if the ratings end up bad for this week and next weeks Show.Then TPTB might get the message but I doubt it.

blueiris
August 7th, 2005, 07:05 AM
Hello shippers. My RL has taken a rather nasty turn, so I don't visit much lately. :(

I did watch Friday's episode of SG, or at least what they were showing during that time frame. I'm quite convinced its The Daniel Jackson Show. There is a bit player in the show called Ben B. that I quite like, but don't see much of. I'm beginning to believe Teal'c is being played by someone new who looks an awful lot like CJ.

As they were showing the previews for next week's episode:

S9They announded that a group was going to execute Vala. My 15 year old son says, "GOOD! This show doesn't seem like Starage to me." The episode had some cute/funny spots but not enough to convince me TDJ Show could ever replace SG.

I believe the episode where Sam returns should have been the one called "Life Boat". It is their last chance.

Billie
August 7th, 2005, 07:37 AM
I believe the episode where Sam returns should have been the one called "Life Boat". It is their last chance.

From all that I've read it sure sounds like Life Boat would indeed be a better title for Sams return episode. It does worry me that it appears to be the Daniel show at the moment and is strange that Teal'c has had so little to do. I do however hold out hope once Sam/AT returns as in my opinion she is the one who has the charisma and screen presence to inject some much needed vitality into the show now that Jack has gone.

shipper hannah
August 7th, 2005, 08:26 AM
From all that I've read it sure sounds like Life Boat would indeed be a better title for Sams return episode. It does worry me that it appears to be the Daniel show at the moment and is strange that Teal'c has had so little to do. I do however hold out hope once Sam/AT returns as in my opinion she is the one who has the charisma and screen presence to inject some much needed vitality into the show now that Jack has gone.

ah but there's already an episode called lifeboat!

gate_girl12
August 7th, 2005, 08:49 AM
ROFLMAO :D :D :D

Vala should get a manicure!!!

I know, and someone needs to call the chicks from "What NOT to wear". :p

Catysg1
August 7th, 2005, 08:58 AM
:( :( :( :(

Good luck! I loved your videos!
Well I guess now it's the turn of the Lost Fans to benefit from your great talent! :)
Thanks for all the wonderful vids Caty! (especially for the "Everything" one.
I saved it on my computer and watch it quite often. :D )

((((Caty)))))

:) :) :)

Thank you galaxy :)

All done ..clips deleted ..was not too sad :S

My Stargate videos will always be there in my webpage to watch .I will never delete my music videos .I have added a new page for my Lost videos ..one video so far ..but next week probably more :) Can't wait :)

As for the Daniel Jackson show ..let it be saved with Sam, the gorgeous , clever scientist upon her return when she can kick Vala good bye because she distracts Daniel too much . :D Hehehehehe

Billie
August 7th, 2005, 09:01 AM
Thought I'd do another pic story to celebrate my 300th post! :)

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a57/pcbillie/js22.jpg
This story’s about two precious souls

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a57/pcbillie/js10.jpg
Who yearned for the love we foretold

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a57/pcbillie/heroes3.jpg
The looks that they shared

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a57/pcbillie/heroes5.jpg
Showed us all how they cared

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a57/pcbillie/jacksam11.jpg
And their kisses???… Oh a sight to behold!!
:p :p :p :p

gate_girl12
August 7th, 2005, 09:50 AM
9????? :eek: *SHUDDERS AT THE THOUGHT*

*definitely stopping at 6 :p*

But joking aside, I definitely agree. I enjoy watching stargate with the kids (although they don't like only being allowed to talk during the breaks :p ). I hope I'm not gonna have to censor the first few eps.

On a brighter note, S8 reruns started yesterday on Sky One and hubby managed to fix the video player, so I can tape it and watch :eek: on FF :D I get the feeling the tape with Threads is going to wear very thin before the boxset comes out. :D

Oh i know what you mean. I made the mistake of taping threads and Moebius on the same VHS and now the sound is going funky because I've watched it so much :s Oh well, box set comes out next week yay!!! :D

Can you just imagine the names of Sam and Jack's nine children??? :s One for every system lord they've killed: Lil' Hathor, Seth, Apophis, Anubis, Sokar, Cronus, Nertii... and maybe Thor and Bray'tac O'Neill. Oy, what a nightmare!

gatewatcher
August 7th, 2005, 10:51 AM
Heya!

I noticed the piccy that I tried to post yesterday didn't appear, so it must be to do with directly linking from rdanderson.com...so thanks to Majorsal for pointing that out to me!

cool pic suekay! Thanks for sharing! :)

Oma-1
August 7th, 2005, 10:56 AM
(((((SueKay))))))

You may be feeling down at the mo but you certainly put a smile on my face :D Thanks for sharing all your finds, these are great. I love the trivia too.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v475/Shelby_SG1/YouWanna.bmp
I love this pic, its not mine and I wish I could remember where I borrowed it from cos its so shippy.
Owns up :D My take on what they were both thinking while sitting on the dock ..... certainly wasn't fish anyway :D

gatewatcher
August 7th, 2005, 10:59 AM

Bravo on the story, Billie very nice indeed!! Congrats on 300 posts :D

sueKay
August 7th, 2005, 11:24 AM
ALOHA SHIPPERS!!!!!!!

(((((Caty))))))

I think that it needed to be done...the deletion of the clips...

But I cannot WAIT for your LOST videos...After I've seen the pilot I'll d/l your first vid!

Anywho...There's an anti S/J thread...maybe it's time for an anti D/V thread!

sueKay
August 7th, 2005, 11:31 AM
Okay...I know we've done this countless times...but I think we need (yet) another list of baby names!

Names I like
Grace
Elizabeth (dammit...that's weir's name)
Joanne

Scott
Jacob
Jon

Not imaginative but...

Oh and some good Scots names

John (sounded Ian in gaelic (don't ask...)
Siobhan (shyvonne)

Zoser
August 7th, 2005, 12:04 PM
I keep falling asleep too.
I can stay awake for Firefly - loved it the first time I saw it and it has Adam Balwin, aka Col. Dixon, aka Jane.
I can stay awake for Battle star Galactica - great writing.
The Daniel and Vala show puts me into a coma.

Oma-1
August 7th, 2005, 12:08 PM
Talking of names ..... Billie - did you pick a name for your cat yet?????

My husband is saying if we have a boy he wants to call him Joel or Jack. I had to use my veto vote (long story :p) on Joel ..... and then I said "When I tell the other shippers his name I'm making it very clear that you chose the name!!!" I DO actually have an RL :p

Course, this is all speculation cos it'll probably be a girl anyway :p

melpomene
August 7th, 2005, 12:14 PM
Talking of names ..... Billie - did you pick a name for your cat yet?????

My husband is saying if we have a boy he wants to call him Joel or Jack. I had to use my veto vote (long story :p) on Joel ..... and then I said "When I tell the other shippers his name I'm making it very clear that you chose the name!!!" I DO actually have an RL :p

Course, this is all speculation cos it'll probably be a girl anyway :p

Just don't tell the thunkers...you'll never hear the end of it! 'She's naming her son Jack!' 'Oh, we know who picked that name' 'maybe she was using telepathy on him!'

Just kidding, I don't think we're that bad...

melpomene
August 7th, 2005, 12:14 PM
For Sam and Jack's kids I've gone the now traditional Grace & Jacob in my fic The First of May. And spoilers for two of my not yet finished fics I've used Carrie Marie and Jessica. For no particular reason, they just sounded right in the stories.

Rogue
August 7th, 2005, 12:20 PM
I keep falling asleep too.
I can stay awake for Firefly - loved it the first time I saw it and it has Adam Balwin, aka Col. Dixon, aka Jane.
I can stay awake for Battle star Galactica - great writing.
The Daniel and Vala show puts me into a coma.

I decided to skip this past ep and the next. Sad to say, I really didn't miss it.

sueKay
August 7th, 2005, 12:35 PM
Okay...yesterday was the trawl through the RDA interviews...

Now...for the AT interviews...

(All from amandatapping.com)

On RDA - "He read a line (at her final audition) and asked me, 'What do ya think, babe? You don't mind if I call you babe?' I said, 'No, if you don't mind if I call you Dick.'

------------------------------------

Amanda Tapping: What's it like to work with Richard Dean Anderson? It's great

Amanda Tapping about Richard Dean Anderson: He sets the tone on we all came here we didn't know. We didn't know what he would be like. You know, is he gonna be this egomaniacal (in tags for swearing) ******* or... what... no, he's lovely. He really is. So I think
we're all very lucky.

-----------------------------------

Amanda Tapping: It is testosterone fest, I'm your happy estrogen bubble. That's me.

-----------------------------------

Steady supply of greenback aside, what made Tapping want the part so badly? "I loved the character," she explains. "She's a fully realized human being, without having to state anything. The mistake, if you will, that I think we made at the beginning of the series was making her too much of a hard-nosed feminist trying to prove herself in a man's world. I just think that's a really tired argument. Being a woman, I certainly understand the gender war, but I think pulling the old sexual organ argument out of the bag was not the way to go."

----------------------------------------

As Carter is characterized as married to her job, are there plans in the works to give her some kind of personal life? "I hope so," Tapping laughs. "'Cause right now, she's a very singular woman. It's important to me that Carter have a love interest. It's important that we see something of her life, because we know a lot about everyone else's life [on the show] outside of Stargate."

"I love camping. That's my happy place. And I do make great cookies,"

from a yahoo chat

Question from DaguconRathsackStuff: Amanda... Is working with Richard Dean Anderson great? Is he as good looking in person as he is on the screen?
Amanda Tapping: He's better looking in person! He is absolutely charming and it is truly a privilege to work with someone who has had as much experience as he has, and is as generous.

(before you read this - don't worry - she's a shipper now!)
Question from rda23: Hi Amanda. Do you think anything will happen romantically between Carter and O'Neill this season?
Amanda Tapping: No. I think that it would work against the show and against our characters, and against the military, seeing that he is my commanding officer. I don't think the Air Force would be too impressed.

RDA on AT - She has to endure the machismo that runs rampant around here. I mean, except for my sensitive, feminine - you know I'm in touch with my feminine side, so she and I are like, bonded, as women. (Amanda is laughing) She's blonde, brunette, and a red-head. (Amanda laughs even more)

--------------------------------------

Another (strange) ship comment - "Jack is like - and I know this is going to sound really weird - the older cousin that Sam really admires and maybe has a small crush on, but I won't dwell on that. I don't want the viewers to think, 'Oh, they're sleeping together,' or anything like that because that's not going to happen, at least not that I know of anyway. I'm not writing the scripts, so who knows?"

TRIVIA - Amanda LOVES Coronation Street!

Can you explain the infamous Kiss photo posted on the web?

LOL! That was just Rick and I goofing around. It was not part of a particular episode. The photographer was there; we made a joke about the Paparazzi, so we just got goofy.

In 'Solitudes' was the side arm lined in the script or in an ad-libbed?
It was actually in the script, which is kudos to our writer for picking up on our senses of humor.

Have you ever been hurt on the set?
Yes, I got a concussion in Season 1 and a small explosion went off in my face during Season 1. I was supposed to run past and the bomb would go off, but we had a happy trigger finger happening. I wasn't seriously hurt. Just a minor spotting on my face. (((((AT))))

I'm sure you're aware that many fans think Sam and Jack make a good pair - if circumstances were different, do you think they would get involved?
I think there's definitely an attraction between them, and I think that's only natural - partly because of the amount of time they spend together, and partly because their similarities -- but, circumstances being what they are, there's very little hope. I think there's definitely times throughout the series wherein they acknowledge the attraction - subtle as it may be.

It may have indeed, as Tapping's input is evident. "Carter finds O'Neill really funny. I would like to see more of that. I would like to see more of her just reacting like a normal human being would, when they hear something off the cuff, and sort of non sequitur-ish." Case in point, during a serious moment in the episode "Solitudes," Carter is bedding down beside a half-frozen O'Neill, when she looks up at him suddenly. "It's my sidearm,' he says weakly. "I swear." Laughing, Carter allows herself a small respite from an awkward and tense situation.

The third season (segments airing on Showtime before their later syndicated run) contains plenty of pivotal episodes for the Major. In "Point of View"," Tapping plays two Carters. "We're confronted with the alternate reality Carter," she explains. "What would have happened if she hadn't gone into the military? Who would she have fallen in love with? It was a really interesting thing to flesh out, but it also made Sam aware of the possibilities as well. Everything that they give me opens her up more."

More coming in a moment!

Dani76
August 7th, 2005, 12:46 PM

Great job, sueK, thanks for posting these here. Same goes for RDA's interviews yesterday. I love to hear what the actors actually think about each other and their characters. Thanks again. :D

sueKay
August 7th, 2005, 01:27 PM
A rather intriguing snippet

With a career this hectic, has Tapping considered a family? With only a husband and a dog, surely the next step would be children. "It's a consideration. For me, I would never want Carter to be pregnant. I don't think that it works for that character to be pregnant. So if I were to get pregnant, it would have to be either shoot the Gillian Anderson way, where you shoot around it and pretend it doesn't exist, or try to time it. It's not something at this point that I can even think about doing. We shoot 14/15 hours a day, five days a week. I would either be a terrible mom or a terrible actress or more than likely both, and if I do have children, I just want to be a phenomenal mom. And I know that I couldn't be a phenomenal mom doing Stargate."

I'm relieved she's reconsidered that point!

Another ship one (as with the above...glad she's reconsidered!)

Amanda's also well aware of the fan interest in her onscreen relationship with Colonel O'Neill. 'In the third season I kiss Richard Dean Anderson. They're trying to play up the sexual tension between our two characters and Richard and I enjoy it immensely because we know it's not going anywhere between Sam and Jack. It can't because it will destroy the cohesiveness of the team. But, we get to play it out in alternative realities, so it's still a lot of fun.'

There's a striking contrast between Amanda and her on-screen character; she's a lot warmer and smiles with disarming ease. 'I wish she would laugh more,' she sighs. 'It's funny because I do, you know, but they cut it out a lot. I laugh at Colonel O'Neill, I laugh at his jokes and they often cut that out and I just think, 'Show it! Show there's a real warm, thiking passion between these four main characters.' Because with some of the situations we're in, I think it's important to show them laughing. I'd love to see an episode where you see them go out to diner and hang out together...'

--------------------------------

A point I COMPLETELY agree with - "She kicks (backside) and is very capable yet she retains her femininity," Tapping says. "Very intelligent men write (sci-fi), but they write very linear females."

--------------------------------

From another chat

STARGATE001: Do you like Richard Dean Anderson ?
Amanda Tapping: Ya, I adore him.

geiger: Is Richard Dean Anderson funny during the Stargate project?
Amanda Tapping: Yes. He has a wonderful sense of humor.

SeRo: At what age did you have your first kiss?
Amanda Tapping: I was eleven. His name was Robert Frost (not the poet).

---------------------------------------

They stood me up on stage beside Richard Dean Anderson and he put his arm around me and I put my arm around him and I'm looking into this darkened theatre going, 'So is this like the swimsuit part of the competition?' and they laughed and I thought, okay, good, they either love me or they hate me but I thought, you know, they're checking to see if we look good together...
Vicky Gabereau: Yeah. You're tall.
Amanda: Mm-hm.
Vicky Gabereau: And he's not a short guy.
Amanda: No.
Vicky Gabereau: So that was a perfect match.
Amanda: Yeah.

Is there anything that you'd really like her to experience?
Sex. I think she should have sex, I really do (laughter)! All the guys have had sex y'know? Carter hasn't. I guess that's part of the whole woman thing too, they don't want her to appear like a 'space slut' (laughter), not that I want to use those words!

-----------------------------------------

Her atititude to ship swings (slightly) closer to ours...

You probably know that there are whole web sites set up around the Sam-Jack relationship. Do you know if that relationship is going to go anywhere? Can you give us any spoilers?
I don't know if it will, but I don't want to say never. Never say never. What they've done, which is really interesting and also one of the beauties of sci-fi, is that they've created this relationship and this wonderful sexual tension. We get to relieve it by being different versions of ourselves, by coming from alternate realities, and then we get to, really, y'know, have a good kiss and a cuddle. So we release that sexual tension without having to destroy the relationship. Rick and I love playing with the sexual tension. And I think it's something that's very natural between two co-workers. Sam and Jack have worked together for three years, they've each saved the others' lives, so it's only natural that there's some attraction between them and that they acknowledge it at times. But in terms of them doing anything about it, I think it would destroy the dynamic of SG-1, and that is such a fragile and important balance. The whole chemistry would be blown if they did.

Atlantis fans take note: AT is CONSTANTLY mentioning the love scene that she and Mitch Pilleggi did in the X Files!

A slightly more anti ship comment

Question: If you could choose how the Sam/Jack arc is played out, how would you do it?
Amanda: There’s great chemistry between them which is wonderful to play, but I think we’ve pushed the envelope too far. The idea of male and female leads falling in love is so tired and over-used and our show has the potential to be far more intelligent than that. Teryl and I are proud to play strong, capable, emotional, fallible, fully realised human beings and when I’m reduced to just pining for Jack, I’m not happy.

---------------------------------------

Another anti comment

On the subject of love, there have been hints that it's on the cards for Major Carter and Colonel O'Neill, played by Richard Dean Anderson. At the mere mention of their characters' attraction, Tapping pulls a face that's half despair, half "I'm chewing a lemon". It would appear that she isn't a fan of the concept...

"I disagree with it entirely," she declares, almost angrily. "I think that it's enough that we know there's an attraction, a megnetism, a certain chemistry between these two characters; I think that to push the envelope further is a big mistake, a) based on their military rank; b) based on this incredible dynamic of the team; c) I don't
Amanda at the interview

wanna become 'Jack's girl'. I think Carter is so much more than that. I also feel that it's really tired, to have the male and female lead of the show to fall in love. I just think that we have the potential to be so much more intelligent than that."

So what did she make of an episode Window of Opportunity, in which O'Neill and Carter actually get to kiss? "When I first read that, I went, 'Oh, jeez!', but then they put in a bunch of other stuff that he and Teal'c did that took away from that. Initially it was just that moment, but then they came up with the golf through the Stargate and the pottery and riding the bike through the SGC, so thankfully they took away from that being the only thing O'Neill would do." Apparently worried that she's sounding a little harsh, Tapping adds, "Certainly, kissing him is no hardship!" She puts on a gruff British accent and leans in to record her words for posterity on the dictophone. "He's a good snog!"

Teryl on AT and RDA - "She always does Simpsons impressions with Richard 'cos they're both fans, but I don't even watch." Rothery is mildly apologetic, and Davis merely shrugs. Faced by such ignorance, Tapping isn't fazed

---------------------

Sidenote - This is sooo strange...I've found a Stargate Interview I read before I even watched the show! Spooky!

----------------------

Believe it or not...there's more to come!

galaxy
August 7th, 2005, 01:40 PM
((((sueKay))))

I wish I could rep you, because these interviews are so cool!
It's so interesting to read what they are/were thinking about certain aspects of the show and how their view changed.
Thanks alot!!! :)

sueKay
August 7th, 2005, 01:42 PM
More...more anti ship...(she's a shipper now, so the good comments will be at the end...if I ever get there...AT's had a lot to say(in a good way!)!!)

A tender subject for Tapping is the apparent, unrequitted love between Colonel O'Neill (Richard Dean Anderson) and Samantha Carter. "This is an issue that RIck and I feel a responsibility to be true to, in that I don't think - and neither does Rick - that it should ever cross that line. Personally, as the actor playing the character of Carter, I don't want her to become Jack's girl. There's so much more to her than that. I'm so proud of the fact that this is a great female character. So for her to become the main guy's love interest is something I'm really violently opposed to. I think initially [the writers] hinted at it, which was lovely. Certainly there was an attraction between these characters, why wouldn't there be? That's great. It's not going to go anywhere - we're in the military - and it would screw up the dynamic of this really great team. Then I think at the beginning of Season Four they pushed the envelope a little too far, in my personal opinion."

It's something which has tended to be played up more in occasional 'alternate universe' episodes. "In alternate universes - that's fine," Tapping indicates. "We have fun with that but when it actually becomes part of our reality... it's enough to know they have an attraction for each other. We don't have to keep playing it up. I think they're pulling back now. Without sounding too negative about it, it's tired for the female lead and the male lead to bwe an item or to be constantly playing that as a potential. It's been done and I think our show is more intelligent than that, and our characters are too well developed to fall back on that."

"That's the most difficult part of our job," claims Davis. "If you start a scene or sequence of actions, you may have four or five

Amanda in a promotional shoot
for Stargate SG-1's Foothold
hours of keeping that energy up." Tapping illustrates, "In Point of View, Rick and I had this scene where literaly I cried for five hours, and I just sat in the corner of the set and had to keep in that dark place." Davis believes, "You can't just turn it on - 'Okay, I'm gonna cry now'. The camera sees you lie, so if you're not there, it can be pretty awful

------------------------

"This season has been about solidifying who [Carter] is, about solidifying relationships," she notes. "The first part of the year had a lot about her feelings for Jack, and thankfully we've got over that!" she laughs. "I think it's far more compelling when it's about two co-workers who have an obvious attraction to each other. I think as soon as you answer that questions [about the relationship] or bring it into the foreground, it becomes uninteresting."

---------------------------------

In an interview at Sam's house (seen in Ascension etc) - Richard Dean Anderson (Colonel Jack O'Neill), who says he'd only popped outside to see what was going on, has managed to drench one of the crew. Apologizing profusely, Anderson innocently claims, "I was only trying to direct the water off the tarpaulin," but the fact that he'd waited till the victim stood directly under the point where the water would run off did not go unnoticed.

"I'll never forget the following day when Richard Dean Anderson and I squared off against each other in a scene for the first time. one of the crew came over and put our marks down on the floor. They gave Rick orange and me yellow. Well, orange is my favourite colour. I was sort of eyeing up Rick's mark but I wasn't about to turn to him and say, 'Excuse me, but I'd like the orange'. Suddenly, Rick said, 'This is going to sound really stupid, Amanda, but do you mind if I have the yellow mark'. I thought. 'Alright!'"

The only thing we know for sure is that Sam was once involved with a former Stargate officer [Captain James Hanson from The First Commandment] who turned out to be a megalomaniac," says the actress. "Since then, she and Jack O'Neill have admitted they love each other but can't do anything about it and that's fine with me. Sam sort of had the hots for Narim and visa versa, but that went nowhere. She also had a crush on Martouf [JR Bourne] and he on her, but then Sam had to kill him last season in Divide and Conquer. Not the way to win a man's heart,"

-------------------------------------

Question #10 from gaBBy: How do you feel about the Sam and Jack relationship and what do you want to see happen between the characters?
Amanda: As I have said before I don’t think they should push the envelope on that too far. First off all it would mess with the dynamic of the team. Secondly, it is not an option given their miltary ranks. Thirdly, I don’t like the idea of being Jack’s girl. I think Carter is so much more than that and if we went there it would overshadow all that she has to offer the team. I think the idea of the male and female leads of a show getting together is boring.. We have the potential to be so much more intelligent than that. All that being said, it is a lot of fun to play that dynamic in an alternate reality!! I would like to see them laugh together more as only good friends can.

Question #13 from gaBBy: Is it harder to act a ‘romantic scene’ with someone you know very well than with an actor you don’t know?
We’ll miss SG-1 very much and we wish you well in any new initiative after Season 6.

Amanda: It depends on the person. Usually I find it easier to do a romantic scene with someone I know because it can be pretty uncomfortable and it’s so technical. It helps to set things up and to pass time if you’re working with someone you are comfortable with. In Point of View Rick and I couldn’t stop laughing when we were setting up the final kiss because it was taking so long and we centimetres form each other's faces. It helped that we were so comfortable with each other.
There may still be a movie after season six…keep your fingers crossed

I am all for them displaying tenderness towards each other. They care a great deal about each other and that warmth and affection only serves to make them more compelling. It also highlights the struggle they face in that they can’t be together. I miss it too. We have to be careful not to make the mistake of going too far one way or the other.

More to come...tell me to stop If I'm boring you...didn't realise there'd be as much stuff as this

shipper hannah
August 7th, 2005, 01:43 PM
((((sueKay))))

I wish I could rep you, because these interviews are so cool!
It's so interesting to read what they are/were thinking about certain aspects of the show and how their view changed.
Thanks alot!!! :)

ditto!

Billie
August 7th, 2005, 01:57 PM
sueKay you are a legend!! Thanks so much for all your trawling its such fun reading them all!! I love that RDA and AT think so much of eachother :D and the comments on the ship are very interesting.

Oma - Haven't named the cat yet. Should be getting him or her next week so I'm hoping that seeing him/her will inspire the name. Will let you know although am very tempted with LOL4JACKs suggestion of zat the cat!! Mind you I wouldn't be able to call the cat without laughing!

Have just watched The Lost City part 2 and got to the part where Sam and Jack are sorting out the engines and Sam says to Jack ' Sir, at your house before Daniel and Teal'c showed up what I was gonna say was....' and Jack interrupts her with 'I know'. I was internally yelling (coz I didn't want to worry the neighbours!) Noooooooooo let her finish Jack!! I mean it's all very well that Jack seems to know what she was going to say but it would have been nice for the words to actually have been spoken. Surely a few words of overt ship would have been ok? BAH HUMBUG!!!!!

Any ideas of what she was going say?

sueKay
August 7th, 2005, 02:22 PM
More...

...again...

lol!

(Trivia - AT's a twin..her twin's called Stephen, and her husband calls her AT! (but it was from a french interview, so the translation may be off!))

Amanda about the Sam and Jack issue: They should never be together. Sure there's the potential for us to fall in love and definitely we're attracted to each other. And that's fine. But we also need to temper with the fact that it's not going anywhere. We had sort of a three episode arc where you actually see they admit that there's deeper feelings for each other. We leave it at, 'Okay, we finally admitted, we finally said it out loud. I love you, you love me. I would die for you, you would die for me. And not just because we are, you know, in the military.This is as far as it goes.

What Angeline Jolie said when she met AT - `Hi, I'm Angelina. I just really wanted to meet you.'

Question #11 from Samantha Fox: Of all the guys that you have kissed on the show who do you think was the best kisser and which scene was the best if you kissed them more than once?
Happy birthday for the 28th. (Two days before mine) and good luck with your acting in the future. You really are an inspiration.
Amanda: Happy birthday! (late) Richard ranks as one of all time great kissers in my life. (not as good as my husband, though!) He really is good. I think the scene at the end of Point of View, in which we had to do a number of takes….yeah tough job I've got, I know.

Question #31 from Melissa: Amanda, what do you think the future is for Sam and Jack in season six.? Is there a possibility of them getting together?
Amanda: Alas, no. There is not a chance of a fully realized relationship in season six. But, Rick and I have chosen to show moments between the characters. Sometimes it's just a look or a certain physicality that shows their feelings without saying anything and without it getting in the way of the team or their mission. They are too professional and committed to what they're doing to let a romance mess things up. But, you'll definitely see "shippy" moments.

---------------------------------------------

Question #35 from Fasola: Amanda, you joked about Richard Dean Anderson's MacGyver days when you were shooting Solitudes. Can you give any other examples of this kind of thing? And do other members of the cast also do this?
Amanda: We keep the MacGyver jokes to a minimum. We just make fun of Richard now. He has a great sense of humour and is the first to laugh at himself. We usually walk away from him when he launches into some story about his past and now he's taken to chasing us down and saying "Hey, where are you going??? I wasn't finished!" In season one we hung off his every word. But we've learned a thing or two since then!

--------------------------------------

findogask44 in onstage1 asks: At last week's SFX convention, Michael Shanks said Sci Fi want another Sam/Jack kiss, and was surprised to find that most of us there preferred to keep the team as friends. How do you feel about this?

Amanda: I like the team as friends, I think that's what makes it work. If there was ever a relationship between Sam and Jack it wouldn't work with the team. We do have fun playing with that. We get to play it in alternate reality and that's fun, but in our reality it's not going to work. It's enough that they have addressed it.

------------------------------------------

Meg_744 in onstage1 asks: Hi Amanda, it's so great that you're here !! thanx a lot. I wondered do RDA and MS steal Abbie's dog biskuits? Meg *big hug*

Amanda: RDA has but MS no. I buy a special brand just for him.

(Note - I'm going to skip all the :eek: stuff...)

---------------------------------------------

GW: I read o*nline that there were several fans who refused to watch that show because Sam was involved with someone other than who they wanted her to be involved with. What are your thoughts o*n that?

AT: It's interesting, because I actually got some letters to that end saying, basically, that my character's integrity is completely out the window, and, "What the hell was I thinking." I think it's actually going to create some interesting tensions this year. But ultimately it's addressing "Grace." She harbors great depth of feeling for Colonel O'Neill, but because nothing can ever happen ... He's the o*ne who let her go. He says, "I'm a safe bet. You know you can't have me so you're just protecting your heart by, you know, hanging your hat o*n someone you can't have. So, let me go," is essentially what's said at the end of Grace.

And I think that that whole episode is her sort of rethinking her life and rethinking her choices, and I don't think that she's lost integrity. I don't think that her feelings for O'Neill are any less. I think she's just placed them in a different box, if you will. It was weird, I have to say, for her to hand her heart over to somebody else. But it's baby steps for her, and this is all new for her. And I think it's ultimately O'Neill who says, "You have to move o*n." And it's her father, too, who says, you know, "Don't give up your chance of love. You know, I would live my whole life over again even knowing that your mother's gonna die, I would do all that again." So it's her opening up her heart as opposed to actually -- it's been closed this whole time because she's, you know, been protecting it with thoughts of O'Neill, who she knows she can't have, so it opens her up.

There are no links to the most recent AT interviews...so I'll look for them another time!

HailDorothy
August 7th, 2005, 02:27 PM
Sam and Jack are sorting out the engines and Sam says to Jack ' Sir, at your house before Daniel and Teal'c showed up what I was gonna say was....' and Jack interrupts her with 'I know'. I was internally yelling (coz I didn't want to worry the neighbours!) Noooooooooo let her finish Jack!! I mean it's all very well that Jack seems to know what she was going to say but it would have been nice for the words to actually have been spoken. Surely a few words of overt ship would have been ok? BAH HUMBUG!!!!! [/spoiler]

Any ideas of what she was going say?

Billie, without giving too much away from THREADS, I'd suspect she was about to spill her feelings for Jack. Basically, "I LOVE YOU!" And the reason he said, "I know." is because he did. He'd gone Ancient and they'd both confessed their feelings back in "Divide and Conquer". Jack appeared able to read minds. Just like he did later with Teal'c.

But I agree considering he'd retired right there, a lot could have been said between them for us romantics. I personally think that there was, but the fans never saw it. Remember how close they walked together when they exited the engine room.

Of course that scene made good fotter for us fic writers. ;)

Billie
August 7th, 2005, 02:41 PM
Billie, without giving too much away from THREADS, I'd suspect she was about to spill her feelings for Jack. Basically, "I LOVE YOU!" And the reason he said, "I know." is because he did. He'd gone Ancient and they'd both confessed their feelings back in "Divide and Conquer". Jack appeared able to read minds. Just like he did later with Teal'c.

But I agree considering he'd retired right there, a lot could have been said between them for us romantics. I personally think that there was, but the fans never saw it. Remember how close they walked together when they exited the engine room.

Thanks HailDorothy so well put - ever thought of taking up fic writing?!! :p Love yours btw!!
I have to admit I am a complete and utterly hopeless romantic especially where Jack and Sam are concerned and would so love to have seen a proper 'lets talk about you and me' scene at some point, but then who knows maybe just maybe that's still to come. Until then I shall continue to lap up all the fantastic ship fic out there!

shipper hannah
August 7th, 2005, 02:44 PM

he could read minds?
well i never knew that.

HailDorothy
August 7th, 2005, 03:33 PM
he could read minds?
well i never knew that.

Hi, Hannah,

Well it's a theory at best and never been proven, but the topic came up among some of us fic writers. If you watch the scene later with Teal'c you'll see Jack quietly responds as if he knew what Teal'c wanted to say. Let's face it, the man healed a dying Bra'tac. So why not read minds? :D

sueKay
August 7th, 2005, 03:54 PM
Okay kids...I have some BREAKING SHIPPER FAMILY NEWS!!!!!

I've just heard from the one and only...

MICHELLE B!!!!!!!

And I'm trying to coax her back here!!!!!!!!

Chrysalis
August 7th, 2005, 05:26 PM
Hey people!
This is my first visit here and I'm impressed with what I see! I'd forgotten how much I love Sam and Jack (I've been caught up in the whole Sheppard/Weir thing, since we have Atlantis on in Australia right now!)
Can't wait for season nine, but l'll seriously miss both of them, Amanda for the first few eps and Richard for .. well ... pretty much the whole series! We can only hope he does a Michael Shanks and decides he wants to come back...... maybe.....

HailDorothy
August 7th, 2005, 05:31 PM
Thanks HailDorothy so well put - ever thought of taking up fic writing?!! :p Love yours btw!!
I have to admit I am a complete and utterly hopeless romantic especially where Jack and Sam are concerned and would so love to have seen a proper 'lets talk about you and me' scene at some point, but then who knows maybe just maybe that's still to come. Until then I shall continue to lap up all the fantastic ship fic out there!

Hey, Billie. Ya made my Sunday! Wow, I'm glad you like my writing. As for taking it up I have, and the pay sucks But the personal enjoyment and the fact it's allowed me to meet so many awesome people like you, makes up for the small paycheck.

sueKay
August 7th, 2005, 05:37 PM
WELCOME ALYSSA!!!!!!!

Have fun and post lots :D :D

majorsal
August 7th, 2005, 05:51 PM
Heya!

thanks, suekay! :D

*i'm keeping the pic... any pic of sam and jack... any pic of at and rda... *

Rogue
August 7th, 2005, 05:53 PM
Okay kids...I have some BREAKING SHIPPER FAMILY NEWS!!!!!

I've just heard from the one and only...

MICHELLE B!!!!!!!

And I'm trying to coax her back here!!!!!!!!

(((SUEKAY)))
Tell Michelle we miss her and hopes she decides to start posting again!

sueKay
August 7th, 2005, 05:53 PM
Not a problem

Gave another excuse to look through all the RDA interviews too!!!!

Think I should post all the AT stuff I did today at Samanda????

Suz

sueKay
August 7th, 2005, 05:56 PM
Bev- that's why I was asking Majorsal here and not there...I don't know many of the Samandans yet!

HailDorothy
Hey people!
This is my first visit here and I'm impressed with what I see! I'd forgotten how much I love Sam and Jack (I've been caught up in the whole Sheppard/Weir thing, since we have Atlantis on in Australia right now!)

WELCOME ABOARD ALYSSA!

I just arrived two weeks ago. I'm sure you'll love us. It's pretty smooth SJ SHIP sailing. ;)

So post your heart out! :)

sueKay
(((SUEKAY)))
Tell Michelle we miss her and hopes she decides to start posting again!

Already have done!!!

She lost her internet connection at the same time Moebius aired...so she get pretty peeved with TPTB and subsequently wasn't sure about coming back...

But...

she may make an appearance next weekend!!!!!!!

Chrysalis
WELCOME ALYSSA!!!!!!!

Have fun and post lots :D :D

Thanks! Very cool to be here!
The quotes from Richard and Amanda are really cute! One that I heard from Amanda related to the filming of Solitudes, when she did that MacGuyver line. As in saying he was MacUseless.
She said she was really nervous after because they hadn't been working together long, and she thought he might have been a bit agro at her for saying it. So she wandered up to him and said "are we okay?" panicking a bit, and he said "we're fine honey" so she ran off being very pleased with herself!

dipsofjazz
August 7th, 2005, 05:57 PM
Not a problem

Suz
:D They've already had links to the sites where most of these quotes have come from, although not for the shippy stuff. Remember that not all the people that go there are shippers.

majorsal
August 7th, 2005, 05:57 PM
*sigh*
ah well.

season 9 isn't crap (far from it), it's just different. it'll get a LOT more comfy once sam returns. and speaking of that...

12 DAYS 'TILL SAM/AMANDA RETURNS!! :D

majorsal
August 7th, 2005, 06:01 PM

Amanda Tapping:

this, OF COURSE, was my fave part of the interview! :p

amanda and rick have phenomenal chemistry together.

sueKay
August 7th, 2005, 06:04 PM
Since the clock went wonky again and moved my post...

Bev - that's the reason I asked Majorsal here and not at Samanda...I know they're not all shippers.

Well I must be going to bed now...FAR too late at night!

Think I'll watch solitudes though...

caught the 'sidearm' part of it earlier today...My mum was LHAO!

H for Her!

Gatetrixer
August 7th, 2005, 06:09 PM
I finally finished the tape of "TTTB." Yes, "finally" sums it up. And have a question or two which maybe someone here can answer, maybe not.

Is Dr. Lam supposed to be in the Air Force? If so, why the long hair? Is that allowed? If not, I suppose that's why she can have it. If she is Air Force doesn't her hair have to be tucked up like that female officer who talked to Landry? Also, what's with the plunging neckline?

Lam hasn't been on enough to tell much about her character--just because I miss Janet doesn't mean I am against Lam, just had those questions about her. TPTB made a big mistake with Dr. Brightman, who lasted one episode, and whether she was supposed to be on more we'll never know. JM says Lam is "sassy" so we'll see how that plays out.

Oh, another question. I haven't seen Beau in anything before that I can remember. Has he always had that raspy way of ending his sentences or is this something about the way he's playing a general?

Don't see anything about these questions that need spoilers.

Buc252
August 7th, 2005, 07:05 PM
ah but there's already an episode called lifeboat!

Yeah, but except for the Sam and Jack Whumpage, it sucked so . . . <vbEg>

majorsal
August 7th, 2005, 07:21 PM
thanks, suekay, for posting amanda's interview tidbits. i've read them all before, but enjoyed catching up again.

it's *very* interesting to see how everything's changed over time. the characters, the dynamic, and the show itself.

i've tried to put the negativity behind me and just enjoy what's coming up. good things to look forward to!! :D

Buc252
August 7th, 2005, 07:26 PM
Not a problem

Suz

I was actually kind of depressed after reading all the AT stuff you posted today, although I appreciate your doing it. I hadn't realized until today just how much of an impediment to the ship Amanda has been. :(

mad_gater
August 7th, 2005, 07:32 PM
Can anyone recommend any good S/J videos?
(((((((((archimedes))))))))))))

WELCOME!!!!!!!!

Got any good mathematical and logical reasons why Sam and Jack should be together? :P:D

majorsal
August 7th, 2005, 07:42 PM
Not a problem

Suz

no. but you could give links to the pages from here. ;)

mad_gater
August 7th, 2005, 07:43 PM
WELCOME HULABALOO AND ANY OTHER NEWBIES I MISSED!!!!!!

gatebee
August 7th, 2005, 07:49 PM

Caty, that is so sad. I know I am the show is not the same as before but deletting the files seems so final and lonely.

gatebee
August 7th, 2005, 07:54 PM
I know, and someone needs to call the chicks from "What NOT to wear". :p
wow your sig is so nice

gatebee
August 7th, 2005, 07:58 PM

lovely story to mark your 300 post.... yes we all knew that they cared ... wanted to give your green ships but was not allowed to

ses110
August 7th, 2005, 08:04 PM
Me to Mary.It was very depressing.I Love AT but reading those comments was hard.It seems like the Ship was fine in AU only.How come Pete was not AU or the other Man Friends.Why is one Ship OK and Sam and Jack is not Ok?I rather see two main character with great Chemistry get together instead of bringing in the Guest Star of the week.I could care less it's been done many times before.It does not seem fair to have other Ship on the Show front and center and the Sam and Jack Ship has to Play in AU.I think it's clear from some the interviews it has not been just TPTB or the Air Force advisors or Anti-Shippers that heve been against the Ship.Could it be TPTB may have wanted the Ship from the start and could not get the Actors to go along?I always got the feeling TPTB tried to push the Sam and Jack Ship very early on.Regarding Season 9 It would be nice to see one of the Actors talk out against the Daniel and Vala Show instead of the Ship always being under attack.Like that will ever happen.The Sam and Jack Ship has been a punching Bag and scapegoat for Years and that will not change.I still have hope for the Sam and Jack Ship but those interviews bring back bad memories.Everyone has a right to there opinion but IMO you should take a stand one way or another and not change your answers with each interview.

LadyJeep
August 7th, 2005, 08:12 PM

((((Billie)))) I love your picture stories. Please keep them coming :p

gatebee
August 7th, 2005, 08:23 PM
RLOL.... jackhammer shipper's heart.... no wonder we have such a big empty hole right now

mad_gater
August 7th, 2005, 08:31 PM
*sigh*
ah well.
((((((((((((((shipper hannah)))))))))))))

WELCOME BACK!!!!!!! :):):):):):)

Cathain Nottingham
August 7th, 2005, 08:33 PM
Is Dr. Lam supposed to be in the Air Force? If so, why the long hair? Is that allowed? If not, I suppose that's why she can have it. If she is Air Force doesn't her hair have to be tucked up like that female officer who talked to Landry? Also, what's with the plunging neckline?

To my knowledge - Lam isn't Air Force. I think ever since the Atlantis project worked out the government seems much more willing to have civilians around. Besides I've never seen Lam in uniform, where as Janet still wore uniform AF clothing.

And the neckline - well that really hasn't been explained but no doubt TPTB have some sort of plan for our new doctor.

nell
August 7th, 2005, 08:35 PM
:D BILLIE, CONGRATS ON 300!!! :D

gatebee
August 7th, 2005, 09:10 PM

More coming in a moment!
thank you so much SueKay

mad_gater
August 7th, 2005, 09:17 PM
Hey people!
Can't wait for season nine, but l'll seriously miss both of them, Amanda for the first few eps and Richard for .. well ... pretty much the whole series! We can only hope he does a Michael Shanks and decides he wants to come back...... maybe.....
WELCOME!!!!!!!

I'm a fan of shep/weir as well....but it's all I can do to just get through the sam/jack family thread before heading off to bed, so I haven't visited the shep/weir thread yet.

mad_gater
August 7th, 2005, 09:26 PM
Already have done!!!

She lost her internet connection at the same time Moebius aired...so she get pretty peeved with TPTB and subsequently wasn't sure about coming back...

But...

she may make an appearance next weekend!!!!!!!
I miss michelle as well!! hope she decides to pay us a visit!! :D:D

mad_gater
August 7th, 2005, 09:35 PM
To my knowledge - Lam isn't Air Force. I think ever since the Atlantis project worked out the government seems much more willing to have civilians around. Besides I've never seen Lam in uniform, where as Janet still wore uniform AF clothing.

And the neckline - well that really hasn't been explained but no doubt TPTB have some sort of plan for our new doctor.
((((((((((((CN))))))))))))))

Yup....I wonder as well what their plans are for the new doc.....maybe a ship w/ Daniel? :P:D

I think I read some of your sam/jack fics awhile back....been so long since I read fanfic now that I can't remember which ones of yours I read...:rolleyes:

Now....time for me to head off to bed.....got a long trip ahead of me tomorrow.

gatebee
August 7th, 2005, 09:38 PM
More...more anti ship...(she's a shipper now, so the good comments will be at the end...if I ever get there...AT's had a lot to say(in a good way!)!!)

More to come...tell me to stop If I'm boring you...didn't realise there'd be as much stuff as this
boring no way .... keep it going and going and going

gatebee
August 7th, 2005, 09:54 PM
Hey people!
Welcome ALYSSA to the S/J ship family

Billie
August 7th, 2005, 10:02 PM
Morning all! :)

Off to work soon so just popping in to say hi *waves*

Yup....I wonder as well what their plans are for the new doc.....maybe a ship w/ Daniel? :P:D

I've heard somewhere that there may be a ship between Lam/Mitchell.

If so there seems to be an awful lot of shipping going on considering how our ship was said by some to be taking over the show.

Anyhoo, on that note I'm off. Have a good day shippers everywhere!! :D

ps - Welcome Alyssa!! Have lots of fun and post lots, we need to pull together as a family in these barren j/s ship times! :)

Token
August 7th, 2005, 10:17 PM
:D They've already had links to the sites where most of these quotes have come from, although not for the shippy stuff. Remember that not all the people that go there are shippers.

Then they should be happy with the comments since they are on both sides of the ship. :rolleyes: :p

I agree with you, ses, it was sad to read how much Amanda didn't want to play out Sam and Jack's relationship in our reality. I can understand it while they were still in the same chain of command, but a simple adult conversation would have gone a LONG way with satisfying me. I find it funny (not in a ha-ha way) that we are supposed to believe that Sam and Jack have declared their love for each other. Did I miss an episode somewhere? I thought that why I was disappointed in the ending of Season 8 was there hasn't been a declaration/adult conversation. :rolleyes: /snark

gate_girl12
August 7th, 2005, 10:43 PM
wow your sig is so nice

Hey thanks! I love your's too. That is sooo Jack with the tongue hanging out! :p

I know this is a really stupid question but: What does TPTB stand for??? :S

gatebee
August 7th, 2005, 11:04 PM
Hey thanks! I love your's too. That is sooo Jack with the tongue hanging out! :p

I know this is a really stupid question but: What does TPTB stand for??? :S
the powers that be .... meaning the executive producers, writers, the people with the say on how and what comes out of a show

gatebee
August 8th, 2005, 12:04 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v205/FilBrit1/sg1/1aab4907.jpg
Jack: It has finally arrived, our wedding album.
Sam: You sure you betcha

Oma-1
August 8th, 2005, 01:11 AM
Archimedes3.14 - You asked for Vid sites so here's a couple for you to check out.

Caty's vids are mainly shippy angsty and some funny ones

http://www.angelfire.com/space2/sci-fi/StargateSG1.html

HoodatWhatsit has done some great vids, I really like Live on The Moon and Born an A*****e. THe Promise is the best imho :D

http://www.hoodatlair.com/musicvids.htm

SNY does great vids too but I've lost the link to the site. Can anyone help??

Caty's alone should keep you going for at least a month :p

Sir Ruff
August 8th, 2005, 01:22 AM
Hey Caty, Have you always lived in England? Don't know why I thought you were french :p

Oma-1
August 8th, 2005, 01:35 AM
Hey Sir Ruff!! Glad you've popped in :D

Do you remember that manip you did of Jack's desk where you put a wedding pic of Sam & Jack on it? I wanted to post it again a couple of weeks ago in response to some other cool manips but I couldn't find it. Do you still have it and can you re-post it? Pretty please*batts lashes* :D

florence
August 8th, 2005, 01:37 AM
SNY's site is here (http://www.snyart.com/inicio.htm).

There are also Marimba's vids : http://www.marimba26.com/JackandSamAlways.html

And this site : http://laurajo.nstemp.net/sg1/videos/samjack.htm

And finally, if you wanna laugh, go here : http://www.hoodatlair.com/vids/hosted/sam23vids.htm
Some Sam/Jack vids but above all some hilarious vids ! Try 'Night Fever' or 'The Princess and the Pharao'. I'm sure these ones will bring a smile to your face ! :D

Sir Ruff
August 8th, 2005, 01:42 AM
Hey Sir Ruff!! Glad you've popped in :D

Do you remember that manip you did of Jack's desk where you put a wedding pic of Sam & Jack on it? I wanted to post it again a couple of weeks ago in response to some other cool manips but I couldn't find it. Do you still have it and can you re-post it? Pretty please*batts lashes* :D

Heeeeeeeeeey Oma

Sure i have it :p here it is

http://img133.imageshack.us/img133/2551/jackdesk23el.jpg

:)

Lord Zedd
August 8th, 2005, 02:13 AM
Heeeeeeeeeey Oma

:)
nice !! how sweet I always thought he had kept that picture :D how are you all? I am in a shpper mood today ! :D I got such a feeling that Sam and Jack really are together ! ;)

to Sir Ruf: nice to see you in here !

to Oma: h Oma how are you? Still posting a lot in here I see

gate_girl12
August 8th, 2005, 02:24 AM
the powers that be .... meaning the executive producers, writers, the people with the say on how and what comes out of a show

Oh, okies. Thanks :)

gate_girl12
August 8th, 2005, 04:23 AM
hehe, enjoy my new pic :d

atlantis_babe34
August 8th, 2005, 05:03 AM
hey im new here but im not new to stargate

i have always been a sam and jack shipper fan and jsut wish they would just kiss in tender moent scenes that really bugs me im stting ther and jsut like" KISS HER" at the top of my lungs and well ym parents are concered lol :p jokes..well jsut thought ill introduce myself im jess im 16 soon and live in Australia! GO AUZZIES! :p

bye

p.s can someone make me a S/J banner if i PM u the pics please? :S

Uber
August 8th, 2005, 05:15 AM
Heeeeeeeeeey Oma

:)Super pic...great to see ya again, SIR! ;)

Here's a question for you all...what are the milestones of the relationship between Jack and Sam?

I'd have to say obviously their first meeting...in Children of the gods...

Broca Divide demonstrated that there's a definite chemistry between them that they more than likely write off as being a typical reaction of a gorgeous guy and a pretty girl thing. And although we got that kiss, it was hot but not really romantic...more like desperate because of the reason behind it. What I found shippier was Jack's fight scene with Daniel "I'm talking about Samantha...she's not yours to worry about..."

In Singularity when Jack was concerned about Sam being in that bunker and possibly about to explode...

Then in Solitudes they were forced into a situation where they truly believed they would die together...

In Politics Jack and Sam both heard about the AU Sam and Jack being engaged...

In In the Line of Duty, Jack once again was faced with the possibility of losing her, but did he think of her beyond that of someone he cared for who served on his team? One may ponder...

In Out of Mind, we got the scene with Jack muffling Sam's yelp and holding on a little longer than was necessary (my first REAL indication that perhaps there was more than just the physical attraction between the two)...

In Out of the Fire we have them hugging for a long time (NICE)...

In Point of View, Jack comes face to face with an alternate Sam and once again learns of yet another alternate reality where he and she were together and he's clearly more affected by it than Sam was. But then what was that look on her face at the end when she saw the AU Sam kissing him? Hmm...

In 100 Days, Sam couldn't quite hide her disappointment? regret? jealousy? all of the above? when she witnesses Jack saying goodbye to Laira...

Nemesis...FIRST FISHING INVITE!

Small Victories...SECOND FISHING INVITE! It's clear that there's a definite vibe between them that even those who DON'T want to see it have to see (you'd think)...

Divide and Conquer...they both openly admit they have feelings they aren't supposed to and agree to leave that confession in that room (nice try guys)...

Window of Opportunity...Jack lives out his fantasy and plays golf through the stargate...Just kidding. OF COURSE I mean the kiss...but how fair is it that HE remembers the one from Broca Divide AND this one and Sam has a whole lot of nothing? Not fair, my friends...

Beneath the Surface...Jack and Sam both see what they might have been as a couple were it not for the military...

Entity...Jack spent a great deal of time in the infirmary just staring at her as he once again has to deal with the possibility of losing her...

***then there was the shippy arctic wasteland that was Season 5***

Paradise Lost...For me, after Season 5, Paradise Lost kinda jumpstarted the ship. Sam has to deal with the possibility of losing Jack again. But unlike 100 Days, she seems more desperate, more lost; and I personally believe there was more to it than the fact that they just lost Daniel (or so they thought)...

Birthright and Heroes...(Same basic premise) Sam is asked something about her feelings for Jack and responds in a less than convincing way that her feelings for him are strictly professional...

Evolution...Major vibage. The looks. The smiles. The beats of that something beneath the surface. *sigh*...

Grace...Jack is less than graceful when he considers the possibility that Sam's gone. Sam on the other hand comes to the absurd conclusion that her feelings for Jack were simply a defense mechanism so she wouldn't have to consider true emotional intimacy with a man she could actually have. And you can see in the end scene that she's kind of trying to say goodbye emotionally. Ridiculous of course, but hey, she had a concussion...give her a break already...

Chimera...Sam tries an honest to goodness relationship with a man she can have. Jack's clearly bothered by it, but it's none of his business so he stays out of the way...

Lost City...SHIPPY PARADISE Part 1. The house scene. The cargo ship scene. The chair scene. The frozen Jack scene...

Affinity...Sam talks to Jack about her misgivings and foolishly decides to accept Pete's proposal...

Threads...SHIPPY PARADISE Part 2. WE GOT FISHING!!! Sam realizes the error of her concussion-generated theory about her feelings for Jack and decides that she'd let the chips of her career and life fall where they may. Sorry Pete...

So that's my take on the major moments in the shipdom of Sam and Jack. Tell me what you think because I know I'm missing important moments. Like other FISHING INVITES!!!!!...

:cool:

shipper hannah
August 8th, 2005, 05:37 AM
^how about back ogling in out of mind?

shipper hannah
August 8th, 2005, 05:48 AM

i have always been a sam and jack shipper fan and jsut wish they would just kiss in tender moent scenes that really bugs me im stting ther and jsut like" KISS HER" at the top of my lungs and well ym parents are concered lol :p jokes..well jsut thought ill introduce myself im jess im 16 soon and live in Australia! GO AUZZIES! :p

bye

WELCOME ATLANTIS BABE!!
always great to have a new shipper :D
i would make you a banner if a could but i don't have a decent programme! :(
(that's why my sig is so lame!)

gate_girl12
August 8th, 2005, 05:51 AM

bye

Hi there, and welcome to the wonderful world of Sam and Jack shipdom. I'm pretty new myself and from Oz!

Ps: If you provide the pics and tell me what you had in mind for a banner or signature, my services are yours.

ses110
August 8th, 2005, 07:40 AM
Token IMO with Jack pretty much out of the picture I think we will hear mostly positive Ship comments.I doubt we will hear worries about being Jack's Girl or the Ship taking over the Show.All the excuses are fading away.I'am sorry but if we have to put up with the Daniel and Vala Show I want to see an episode that is mostly Sam and Jack.When AT comes back it would be nice to see Daniel take a little break for an episode or 2.It's only fair Mitchell and Teal'c have had very little to do.

trupi
August 8th, 2005, 07:48 AM

bye

Welcome to the thread!

trupi
August 8th, 2005, 08:10 AM
Came back from the NJ convention last night.. Had a great time with LoL4Jack, Sugarshaker and Lynn. Lynn, Lol4Jack spent time ( 5hours) with Peter Williams-What a great Guy! Never will look at Apophis the same way! We need to start a thread to get Peter back to Stargate. Great to the fans and a gentleman and scholar. Alexis Cruz is adorable (has great dimples) lots of fun and teaching. Don-what can I say-lovely. Sat around and talked to anyone who came up to him. He said RDA will be back but first he wants to not only spend time with his daughter but wants to do chariable work UNICEP etc. Don is coming back for two episodes this season. Nothing really said about up coming scripts or AT coming back and how her character will be portraited. Michael and Chris together are a Hoot! They watched each other's backs and were really great with the fans. Gary Jones told some very funny stories. Lol4Jack will put some pictures on when she gets a chance. Got to go to work. Talk later!

ses110
August 8th, 2005, 08:26 AM
Trupi thanks for the report.RCC and now Don mentioned RDA would be back.Great news.I hope RDA is back for the Season finale and then some Season 10 episodes.I'am Home Sick today and you made me feel alot better.I always liked Apophis.Apophis was a true bad Guy.The best thing I liked about Apophis is he did not put the moves on Sam.

BrenRen
August 8th, 2005, 08:40 AM
Hello again Gang! Dropping in from La La Land cos I can't resist this message! Excellent post, by the way, Uber!

Super pic...great to see ya again, SIR! ;)

Here's a question for you all...what are the milestones of the relationship between Jack and Sam?

I'd have to say obviously their first meeting...in Children of the gods...

Yup! From the moment she walks into the briefing, all silhouetted curves and Surprise! I'm A Woman!Sam! comes in barrels blazing. Jack eats it up with a spoon! Then there's that campfire scene a bit later... Ahhhh....

Broca Divide demonstrated that there's a definite chemistry between them that they more than likely write off as being a typical reaction of a gorgeous guy and a pretty girl thing. And although we got that kiss, it was hot but not really romantic...more like desperate because of the reason behind it. What I found shippier was Jack's fight scene with Daniel "I'm talking about Samantha...she's not yours to worry about..."

I loved the way Jack didn't really fight her off all that hard, not to mention the way he drags his face down her neck as he lifts her to carry her to the infirmary. And of course, the way he couldn't resist teasing her in the end about her "hot little tank top number" was just sooo cute!

In Singularity when Jack was concerned about Sam being in that bunker and possibly about to explode...

He called her SAM!!!! That alone gets a great big shipper Squee!! outta me!

Then in Solitudes they were forced into a situation where they truly believed they would die together...

Then he goes and calls her Sarah... Arggg... But they snuggled... and the side-arm tease... Not too bad, all things considered. This one really cemented the bond between them, I think.

In Politics Jack and Sam both heard about the AU Sam and Jack being engaged...

"Engaged?! But that's against Regulations!" "It IS theoretically possible, Sir." The look on his face throughout this scene is just priceless!! Meanwhile Sam is busy rationalizing and focusing on the science instead of the heart of the matter. Typical coping mechanism for our resident genius.

In In the Line of Duty, Jack once again was faced with the possibility of losing her, but did he think of her beyond that of someone he cared for who served on his team? One may ponder...

He shed a tear over her! How many team mates has he done that over? Certainly not Kowalski... Something makes me think there's a lot more going on beneath the surface here! Hee heeee.....

In Out of Mind, we got the scene with Jack muffling Sam's yelp and holding on a little longer than was necessary (my first REAL indication that perhaps there was more than just the physical attraction between the two)...

As someone mentioned, the Backside Ogling!! He knows she's nekkid, and he likes it a bit too much! {sniggle!} And not just holding on longer than necessary, it was arm around her waist, heads dipped sooo close together, she was practically stroking his arm, and they looked *really* comfortable in that position!

In Into the Fire we have them hugging for a long time (NICE)...

Waaayyy longer than necessary. I guess we missed the memo that announced hugging your CO/2IC is now standard report protocol in the field. {More Sniggles!}

In Point of View, Jack comes face to face with an alternate Sam and once again learns of yet another alternate reality where he and she were together and he's clearly more affected by it than Sam was. But then what was that look on her face at the end when she saw the AU Sam kissing him? Hmm...

More Sam avoidance. And that look on her face in the end? She was definitely not a happy camper!!

In 100 Days, Sam couldn't quite hide her disappointment? regret? jealousy? all of the above? when she witnesses Jack saying goodbye to Laira...

Sam admitting she misses him. But it's not a problem, no sirreebob! Probably the first time Sam admitted to herself her underlying feelings for Jack.

Also must mention Shades of Grey. I'm in the "Jack was assigned the sting op before they left for Edora, so the whole Laira thing was Jack setting the team up for his eventual return" camp. Sorry, but I don't buy for a second that he thought they would never rescue them. That it could take a long while, yes. Never? Hah! And his dread over returning home... he knew he was going back to lie to his closest friends. Who wouldn't be dreading that?

Oh, and Jack's line in SoG: "I haven't been acting like myself since I met you." The double edged truth in that statement was really wicked! One of my favorite Jack lines ever! (Right after "Fire Away! I hope shots of my ass serve you well!" from Heroes.... Believe me, Jack, they serve us *very* well! {SNIGGLE!!}

Nemesis...FIRST FISHING INVITE!

Small Victories...SECOND FISHING INVITE! It's clear that there's a definite vibe between them that even those who DON'T want to see it have to see (you'd think)...

The none too subtle flirting... The super close up of Jack's lips... Sorry, I digress... I think this bit represents the internal battle both Sam and Jack are fighting... How far do we take this? How close is too close?

Divide and Conquer...they both openly admit they have feelings they aren't supposed to and agree to leave that confession in that room (nice try guys)...

I'd also say, then, that Upgrades was also a pivotal moment, as the incident that brought those feelings to the surface transpired during this ep. Can you imagine the immediate aftermath of that ep, only to have it blowup in their faces, so to speak, in D&C?

Window of Opportunity...Jack lives out his fantasy and plays golf through the stargate...Just kidding. OF COURSE I mean the kiss...but how fair is it that HE remembers the one from Broca Divide AND this one and Sam has a whole lot of nothing? Not fair, my friends...

Don't forget he got to kiss AU Sam in POV and Sam had to Watch, FCOL!

Beneath the Surface...Jack and Sam both see what they might have been as a couple were it not for the military...

And we learn of the kiss that was left in the editing room floor. The true torture of the Shippers by The Idiots In Charge begins...

Entity...Jack spent a great deal of time in the infirmary just staring at her as he once again has to deal with the possibility of losing her...

I think this must have been the breaking point for them. It's the only way to justify the Ship-Black-Hole of Season Five...He didn't just almost lose her, he *killed* the woman he loves! He sat in that infirmary for God knows how many hours *knowing that he was responsible for her death and there was no hope of her coming back*.

***then there was the shippy arctic wasteland that was Season 5***

The closest we got was Desperat Measures, but the opportunities that plot presented were utterly wasted. Closest we got was Jack saying to Maybourne (of all people) "This is Carter." He really should have said "Sam." Really. I loved her concern for Jack at the end, after he got shot.

Oh, and Sam's line to Danny-boy as he was 'dying': "I don't know why we wait to tell people how we really feel." Hello??? Sam??? There's a certain chocolate-eyed Colonel you should be having this discussion with!!!!

Paradise Lost...For me, after Season 5, Paradise Lost kinda jumpstarted the ship. Sam has to deal with the possibility of losing Jack again. But unlike 100 Days, she seems more desperate, more lost; and I personally believe there was more to it than the fact that they just lost Daniel (or so they thought)...

One of the most bittersweet scenes in the ship-history, Sam crying her heart out on Teal'c's shoulder over missing Jack.

Birthright and Heroes...(Same basic premise) Sam is asked something about her feelings for Jack and responds in a less than convincing way that her feelings for him are strictly professional...

Evolution...Major vibage. The looks. The smiles. The beats of that something beneath the surface. *sigh*...

They give us hope... only to rip the rug out from under us for the rest of the series... <Wistful Sigh>

Grace...Jack is less than graceful when he considers the possibility that Sam's gone. Sam on the other hand comes to the absurd conclusion that her feelings for Jack were simply a defense mechanism so she wouldn't have to consider true emotional intimacy with a man she could actually have. {SNIPPAGE}
So that's my take on the major moments in the shipdom of Sam and Jack. Tell me what you think because I know I'm missing important moments. Like other FISHING INVITES!!!!!...

:cool:

Okay, here's where they started losing me... Grace. It was utterly ridiculous. I'm fighting hard the urge to rant (again) over Mr. Spudly, so I'll sumit up with this: If Sam & Jack had seriously addressed their relationship following Sam's absense in Grace, this series would have been hands down the best sci fi sereis I've ever had the pleasure of following. Instead, it became yet another lost cause for my favorite characters, because TO THIS DAY they still UnBelievably REFUSE to allow Sam & Jack to be together. Regs my ASS! It's freaking TV. They could've gotten a Presidential Permission Slip years ago for all the times they've saved the freaking planet, going WAY above and beyond the call of duty!

[/RANT] I'm not bitter, really. They gave us seven and a half years of pretty decent ship. And plenty of interesting material to rework in the subsequent seasons. I've taken to revising the entire ship in fanfic. Just like the ship of my once Beloved X-Files, this story is going to end in the written word. At least my shippy world will!

sueKay
August 8th, 2005, 10:18 AM
BREN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Please stick around! We miss ya!!!!!

I'm sorry a lot of the AT comments were so negative...I'm writing a fanfic tonight, so I'm not promising anything...but I'll *try* and get her more recent, more positive comments on S/J tonight.

The reason I posted her non (not exactly) anti ship comments...Is because I like to be informed...I like to take in different points of view...

Trust me - I was an Anti shipper at first...It was looking at different points of view that turned me around...At first I hated Sam and Jack ship...I thought it was disrespectful to the Air Force regs and that it's take over the whole show...

...after listening to both sides of the argument...I came over to the light side!

ChevronSeven
August 8th, 2005, 11:21 AM

bye

Welcome atlantis_babe34!

Have a great time here in the forums. :D

dipsofjazz
August 8th, 2005, 11:22 AM
<snip>
The reason I posted her non (not exactly) anti ship comments...Is because I like to be informed...I like to take in different points of view...

Trust me - I was an Anti shipper at first...It was looking at different points of view that turned me around...At first I hated Sam and Jack ship...I thought it was disrespectful to the Air Force regs and that it's take over the whole show...

...after listening to both sides of the argument...I came over to the light side!
:D I've watched Stargate from the very first episode, and was instantly a "shipper". This happened many years before I became part of the online fan community. I have always seen the ship. I don't need to hear anyone else's opinions to form my own. I love the ship....end of story. If anyone else doesn't agree with me, I really don't care! :D
The wonderful thing about being online and coming to Gateworld is that I found like-minded people, and found my "happy place" here in the shipper thread. I also discovered that some people didn't see the ship! :eek: "How could this be", I thought. I read their posts and shake my head a lot. :p I look around the whole forum and read many posts I agree and disagree with, but none of them...not one...will ever change my mind about my views on the show. (just as my views will probably never change them.)
Um...I seem to be rambling a wee bit now, so....Sam and Jack together, forever! :D

gatebee
August 8th, 2005, 11:28 AM

bye

http://bestsmileys.com/welcome/4.gif
Atlantis_Babe34
come and join our ship family

ST-1
August 8th, 2005, 11:34 AM
((((((((((((((((UBER))))))))))))))))
((((((((((BREN REN)))))))))))))))))
Adding to your AWESOME posts with some of my favorite subtle/lesser-known shippy moments:

Children of the Gods: LOVE the breifing room scene, especially the part where Jack says, "Captain, I don't have a problem with your being a woman. I LIKE women." The way he says it, and the way he LOOKS at her when he says it (as if he could eat her alive right there!) are totally squee-worthy! :D IMO, this is the moment that kick-started the ship. S&J were almost never more than a foot apart for the rest of the ep....or the entire series, for that matter. ;)

Fire and Water: Lots of shippy moments, but did anyone catch Jack's greeting when Sam and Teal'c show up for Daniel's wake? "Sam, Teal'c, glad you could make it." HE CALLED HER SAM! HELLO!

Crystal Skull: Sam passes out from radiation. Jack catches her, pulls her over his shoulders and RUNS for the 'gate! IMO, TPTB could have done more with this, maybe a wider shot or just holding it a little longer. It's a lovely, heroic, shippy moment, and they squashed it into a few "blink-and-you-miss-it" frames. :(

Message in a Bottle: Sam is the first to RUN to Jack's side when the device pins him to the wall. Of course, the shippiest moment is when she holds his hand, knowing they might not be able to save him.

Window of Opportunity: The BHK, of course, is the shippy highlight, BUT IMO there's another little one near the end when Jack tries to make the guy turn off the time device, and the guy hints that Jack can't understand why he wants to see his wife again. Jack YELLS, "I lost my SON!" and Sam's reaction is hugely shippy: She looks like she could cry, and lowers her head sadly.

Revisions: Love how Jack introduces the team to the little boy who finds them: "My name's Jack. That's Sam, Daniel, and Teal'c." HE CALLED HER SAM! AGAIN!

Enemy Mine: Not a S/J-heavy ep. at all, but the infirmary scene is cute: Jack is all grumpy and snappish with the nurse, and then Sam walks in and asks him how he's doing. Not only does he change his tone, he VISIBLY softens. :o

I'm sure I'll think of more, but in the meantime, I'll leave you with this general observation:

Notice that in every single hug scene, it's never just a simple hug but more of a snuggle, whether it's Jack's head in Sam's neck, his hand on the back of her head, his arms giving her a squeeze. It's always very loving, always a "way-more-than-friends" type of hug...fantastically shippy! :rolleyes: ;)

gatebee
August 8th, 2005, 11:34 AM
Came back from the NJ convention last night.. Had a great time with LoL4Jack, Sugarshaker and Lynn. Lynn, Lol4Jack spent time ( 5hours) with Peter Williams-What a great Guy! Never will look at Apophis the same way! We need to start a thread to get Peter back to Stargate. Great to the fans and a gentleman and scholar. Alexis Cruz is adorable (has great dimples) lots of fun and teaching. Don-what can I say-lovely. Sat around and talked to anyone who came up to him. He said RDA will be back but first he wants to not only spend time with his daughter but wants to do chariable work UNICEP etc. Don is coming back for two episodes this season. Nothing really said about up coming scripts or AT coming back and how her character will be portraited. Michael and Chris together are a Hoot! They watched each other's backs and were really great with the fans. Gary Jones told some very funny stories. Lol4Jack will put some pictures on when she gets a chance. Got to go to work. Talk later!
COOL. .... thanks Trupi for that update

galaxy
August 8th, 2005, 11:37 AM
BREN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Please stick around! We miss ya!!!!!

I'm sorry a lot of the AT comments were so negative...I'm writing a fanfic tonight, so I'm not promising anything...but I'll *try* and get her more recent, more positive comments on S/J tonight.

Actually these "anti-ship-comments" didn't really upset me in any way.
Quite in contrary: I think the reason for AT's doubts about the ship was, that she thought the whole thing might damage her character.
(..."Personally, as the actor playing the character of Carter, I don't want her to become Jack's girl. There's so much more to her than that. I'm so proud of the fact that this is a great female character. So for her to become the main guy's love interest is something I'm really violently opposed to....")
As she said, she was afraid people would see Sam only as "Jack's girl" and not as the wonderful, complex character she really is.
The fact that AT has changed her opinion since then, tells me that her fear was baseless, because TPTB were able to ( :eek: ) write a wonderful, respectful 'relationship' between Sam and Jack that allows both to be seperate, multilayered, interesting characters and not only an "attachment" of each other. (okay, that sounds strange :S , but my vocabulary is limited, so I hope you get what I want to say :p )

So, I think these "anti-ship-comments" are - considered in retrospect - actually very ship- positive!!! YAY!!! :D :D :D

sueKay
August 8th, 2005, 11:39 AM
Why does no-one ever mention one of my favourite ship moments????

Season six

Jack Wanders into Sam's lab

Jack: Shouldn't you be up there with the rest of the eggheads?..Not that you're an egghead...well you are...in a good way.

i can't remember the rest of the scene exactly, but my other fave bit from it...

Jack: You have a penchant for pulling ideas out of your butt...

Sam gives him the funniest (and also slightly worried) look!

Jack...head...

sueKay
August 8th, 2005, 11:42 AM
Righto...I've done my check-in at my other...

*thinks*

two GW threads and...

*thinks*

other 5 forums...

Now...on I go...looking for newer AT ship comments!

Wish me luck - this could take a while!

gatebee
August 8th, 2005, 11:43 AM
BrenRen.... whoa .... waves http://bestsmileys.com/waving/5.gif...

gatebee
August 8th, 2005, 11:56 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v205/FilBrit1/sg1/PDVD_107.jpg

gatebee
August 8th, 2005, 11:57 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v205/FilBrit1/sg1/PDVD_109.jpg

sueKay
August 8th, 2005, 12:04 PM
AT comments

TS: Before Richard's departure, will the fans finally have a clear view of the love story between Jack and Samantha?

AT: Aaah no! Anyway, while we wait for Richard's return in one or two episodes, Samantha says to those who'd want to hear it, that she isn't single... It's for you to figure it out.

More coming as soon as I find them!

gatebee
August 8th, 2005, 12:08 PM
AT comments

TS: Before Richard's departure, will the fans finally have a clear view of the love story between Jack and Samantha?

AT: Aaah no! Anyway, while we wait for Richard's return in one or two episodes, Samantha says to those who'd want to hear it, that she isn't single... It's for you to figure it out.

More coming as soon as I find them!
SueKay, when did AT say this comment.

Cathain Nottingham
August 8th, 2005, 12:15 PM
((((((((((((CN))))))))))))))

I think I read some of your sam/jack fics awhile back....been so long since I read fanfic now that I can't remember which ones of yours I read...:rolleyes:

Now....time for me to head off to bed.....got a long trip ahead of me tomorrow.

((((((((((((mad gater))))))))))))))

Hmmmm a little Daniel / Lam? It's funny I'm sorta mixed on that idea...

I've heard somewhere that there may be a ship between Lam/Mitchell.

And I'm not sure how hot I am on that idea either.

I think Daniel/Lam would be interesting on several counts a) she's civilian b) in RL they're married! c) how much Daniel and Vala have been together - it could cause some very interesting tension.

galaxy
August 8th, 2005, 12:18 PM
((((((((((((((((UBER))))))))))))))))
((((((((((BREN REN)))))))))))))))))
Adding to your AWESOME posts with some of my favorite subtle/lesser-known shippy moments:

Children of the Gods: LOVE the breifing room scene, especially the part where Jack says, "Captain, I don't have a problem with your being a woman. I LIKE women." The way he says it, and the way he LOOKS at her when he says it (as if he could eat her alive right there!) are totally squee-worthy! :D IMO, this is the moment that kick-started the ship. S&J were almost never more than a foot apart for the rest of the ep....or the entire series, for that matter. ;)

Fire and Water: Lots of shippy moments, but did anyone catch Jack's greeting when Sam and Teal'c show up for Daniel's wake? "Sam, Teal'c, glad you could make it." HE CALLED HER SAM! HELLO!

Crystal Skull: Sam passes out from radiation. Jack catches her, pulls her over his shoulders and RUNS for the 'gate! IMO, TPTB could have done more with this, maybe a wider shot or just holding it a little longer. It's a lovely, heroic, shippy moment, and they squashed it into a few "blink-and-you-miss-it" frames. :(

Message in a Bottle: Sam is the first to RUN to Jack's side when the device pins him to the wall. Of course, the shippiest moment is when she holds his hand, knowing they might not be able to save him.

Window of Opportunity: The BHK, of course, is the shippy highlight, BUT IMO there's another little one near the end when Jack tries to make the guy turn off the time device, and the guy hints that Jack can't understand why he wants to see his wife again. Jack YELLS, "I lost my SON!" and Sam's reaction is hugely shippy: She looks like she could cry, and lowers her head sadly.

Revisions: Love how Jack introduces the team to the little boy who finds them: "My name's Jack. That's Sam, Daniel, and Teal'c." HE CALLED HER SAM! AGAIN!

Enemy Mine: Not a S/J-heavy ep. at all, but the infirmary scene is cute: Jack is all grumpy and snappish with the nurse, and then Sam walks in and asks him how he's doing. Not only does he change his tone, he VISIBLY softens. :o

I'm sure I'll think of more, but in the meantime, I'll leave you with this general observation:

Notice that in every single hug scene, it's never just a simple hug but more of a snuggle, whether it's Jack's head in Sam's neck, his hand on the back of her head, his arms giving her a squeeze. It's always very loving, always a "way-more-than-friends" type of hug...fantastically shippy! :rolleyes: ;)

((((ST-1))))

That's a great idea!!! There are so many "little" ship moments we tend to forget, but they are so cute!!!

I need to think about it for a while maybe I remember some....

For example in "Small Victories", when Sam helps Thor:

THOR: (Seeing her just looking at the replicator model) What is your current thinking process?
SAM: Sorry! My mind was wondering for a second, there.
THOR: You were thinking about the humans on your planet.
SAM: (Sighs) Yes.
THOR: Colonel O'Neill is a very capable human....

Thor automatically presumes that she thinks of Jack!!!
And Thor seems to know quite alot about the human race, so... :D

Another shippy scene is the one from "The Warrior", when Jack wants Sam to demonstrate the P90 (or however this weapon is called :o ).
He is SO PROUD of her!!! His triumphant smile is priceless!
And her smile after the demonstration...she really wants him to be proud of her!
That is so cute!! I love that scene! :D

And another little shippy scene, this time from "Allegiance" :

After they've tested this Artok-guy with the zatarc-testing-thing and it says he is guilty:

Sam: "This device is not infallible. It can give false positives." (She gives Jack a knowing look.) "We've seen it before." (Jack gives a tight little smile in return.)

Awwww...they are so adorable! :rolleyes: :p

sueKay
August 8th, 2005, 12:21 PM
GB - The AT quote's from...April? I think...

sueKay
August 8th, 2005, 12:30 PM
While discussing the men in Carters life, Tapping is reminded of her early discussions with the show's producers about how season eight would pan out. "When they asked me, 'What do you want to see?' I said, 'If this really is the last season, let's have her go fishing with O'Neill at the end. It can be totally ambiguous! It doesn't have to mean anything, it could mean everything, who knows, but, *******it, can she just go fishing with the guy? I said that half jokingly, but a part of me really would like to see her go fishing with O'Neill, because I think that still needs to be tied up. In Grace, Carter realised, that in order to fulfil the potential of her life ouside the SGc, she had to move on. So she's made that decision, but we don't know where O'Neill stands. We've never addressed where O'Neill really stood."

Still looking for more...but not much success.

gatebee
August 8th, 2005, 12:30 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v205/FilBrit1/sg1/c1db6678.jpg
Jack: Sam , you told the shipper that you are not single any more.
Sam: Jack, since we didn't invite the shippers to the wedding, it was the least I could do.

gatebee
August 8th, 2005, 12:31 PM
GB - The AT quote's from...April? I think...
April of this year... SueKay .... wicked