PDA

View Full Version : Sam Carter/Jack O'Neill Ship Appreciation Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57

rolleson
July 31st, 2005, 10:28 AM
I could never quite figure out what happened between Mulder and Scully in the X-files, that's another programme that I got lost watching dues to rubbish BBC Wales scheduling.

I have sky, I will watch Stargate until it dies (Which I hope is never) but if they think they can get away with Threads as a resolution and Moebius as some sort of physical resolution I swear to god Ill go nuts (more so).

Sam and Jack squee makes me happy.

sg-1fanintn
July 31st, 2005, 10:33 AM
I'm sorry to post this again, but I since I posted this late Friday night, I wondered if it might have been missed in all the great posts on Saturday. I would really like to know what others who saw the ep think........

Hubby and I watched the RDA/MS scene back a couple of times (even though I'm very hacked at what a waste of RDA's time it was), and in our most humble (but professional media background) opinion.....

.....we don't think they shot the scene together!!!!! Look at how Jack's hand first appears in the front of the picture. Then, while they're talking, you see just the back of one man's head (could have been done with stand-ins or by layering), then the other.

Notice that the only time you actually see them in the frame together is when they're heading to the cafeteria. And I think it looks layered in. I mean, that kind of technology has been available since the 60s. I've heard it called "Patty Duke" technology. If you don't know what that means, ask, and I'll explain.

If hubby and I are right, it could have been a scheduling thing.....or for some other reason, they couldn't or wouldn't be on the set at the same time. Couple that with the fact that Gekko is no longer involved in the show, and I can't help but wonder if some people may have had a serious parting of the ways.

Please look at the scene again if you can, and let me know what you think. I'm don't mean to be negative, but this scene just doesn't look consistent with the way the show is filmed. There has to be some reason.

Again, I'm leaning on Amanda's comments at Comic Con, and her history of being a good barometer for fans. We know she also tries to be as truthful as she can be without revealing the plots. If I didn't have faith in that, I'd be totally ticked off!

Ok.....I'll check back in a few hours. Gotta go finish Harry Potter before I find out somewhere else who dies!

rolleson
July 31st, 2005, 10:36 AM
The thing is with the regs it wa sa very convenient reason for them not to be together all this time. Even after all that's happened. UST sells, it was obvious it did because of the success of the X-Files and the whole M/S deal. So they needed something that good but the whole reletioship between M and S was very different, there were different reasons keeping them apart and they were closer on other levels.

Sam and Jack needed something else to keep them apart that wasn't of their control because it was blindingly obvious from early on (to me anyway) that they had it bad for each other.

Does that make any sense?

sg-1fanintn
July 31st, 2005, 10:41 AM
Round 42 of the Fave Episodes Tournament has begun. The Fifth Man was eliminated in Round 41.

Divide & Conquer (the holy grail of J/S shippiness) is now #9 from the top, but without your continued support, will rise back to the top.

You can make a difference!. Please keep voting! Catch up on the tourney (and which eps have been eliminated so far) here: http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=12889&page=100&pp=20

Be careful! If you accidentally vote for an ep that has already been eliminated, none of your votes will count in that round.

Sam and Jack thank you. I thank you!

Now.....really gone to finish Harry Potter!

galaxy
July 31st, 2005, 10:44 AM
The thing is with the regs it wa sa very convenient reason for them not to be together all this time. Even after all that's happened. UST sells, it was obvious it did because of the success of the X-Files and the whole M/S deal. So they needed something that good but the whole reletioship between M and S was very different, there were different reasons keeping them apart and they were closer on other levels.

Sam and Jack needed something else to keep them apart that wasn't of their control because it was blindingly obvious from early on (to me anyway) that they had it bad for each other.

Of course it does! I totally agree! :)

I think I'll watch some X-Files eps tonight.... :D

Queen Eleta
July 31st, 2005, 10:47 AM
I'm sorry to post this again, but I since I posted this late Friday night, I wondered if it might have been missed in all the great posts on Saturday. I would really like to know what others who saw the ep think........

Hubby and I watched the RDA/MS scene back a couple of times (even though I'm very hacked at what a waste of RDA's time it was), and in our most humble (but professional media background) opinion.....

.....we don't think they shot the scene together!!!!! Look at how Jack's hand first appears in the front of the picture. Then, while they're talking, you see just the back of one man's head (could have been done with stand-ins or by layering), then the other.

Notice that the only time you actually see them in the frame together is when they're heading to the cafeteria. And I think it looks layered in. I mean, that kind of technology has been available since the 60s. I've heard it called "Patty Duke" technology. If you don't know what that means, ask, and I'll explain.

If hubby and I are right, it could have been a scheduling thing.....or for some other reason, they couldn't or wouldn't be on the set at the same time. Couple that with the fact that Gekko is no longer involved in the show, and I can't help but wonder if some people may have had a serious parting of the ways.

Please look at the scene again if you can, and let me know what you think. I'm don't mean to be negative, but this scene just doesn't look consistent with the way the show is filmed. There has to be some reason.

Again, I'm leaning on Amanda's comments at Comic Con, and her history of being a good barometer for fans. We know she also tries to be as truthful as she can be without revealing the plots. If I didn't have faith in that, I'd be totally ticked off!

Ok.....I'll check back in a few hours. Gotta go finish Harry Potter before I find out somewhere else who dies!
I think the end of Origins was a cut and paste job. The crane shot in Avalon 1 of the chess game was obviously not RDA, but they could have decided they needed that shot after RDA went home, and why have him come all the way back just for a back of the head shot. I have no explanation for last night though. Maybe MS wasn't available the same day as RDA?

As for Harry Potter. You can come back here for comfort. I did. :(

nickatell
July 31st, 2005, 10:49 AM
I can't say that RDA's appearances in those two episodes was a waste , it got all of you to watch!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Queen Eleta
July 31st, 2005, 10:55 AM
I can't say that RDA's appearances in those two episodes was a waste , it got all of you to watch!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Are you kidding? I'd watch RDA stand in line at the Motor Vehicles Department.

Queen Eleta
July 31st, 2005, 10:56 AM

The problem I had with M/S was the way it was resolved, when we finally found out for sure that that was Mulders baby.(although, I mean come on, who else's?) That one guy confronted Scully, telling her how lonely she was, lonely enough to invite Mulder to her bed, and Scully was crying and looking down like she was ashamed and embarrassed. It was just a let down, and I don't want something similar for J/S. Nothing but happy things for them please!!
Oh XF was the show that I discovered online fanfic. I've known about fanfic through Star Trek years and years ago, but I never thought about it online! D'uh. I was catching up with a friend I hadn't seen in years and asked her what she'd been up to lately, she said 'writing erotic fiction' and laughed.
S/J fanfic is just the best. There are some really talented writers out there who can provide us with our shippy fix!!

rolleson
July 31st, 2005, 10:57 AM
Of course it does! I totally agree! :)

I think I'll watch some X-Files eps tonight.... :D

Good because I was starting to confuse myself there a little. Hmmm, maybe I'll go dig out some X-files too, I need to watched the last three seasons so I can actually find out what the hell happened. But that has nothing to so with Sam and Jack.

rolleson
July 31st, 2005, 10:59 AM
S/J fanfic is just the best. There are some really talented writers out there who can provide us with our shippy fix!!

There are also some god awful ones too.

rolleson
July 31st, 2005, 11:00 AM

Lol.

That cracked me up.

Rogue
July 31st, 2005, 11:08 AM
I was just thinking how my attitude about SG-1 has changed so much over the year. We used to arrange our time around SG-1, to make sure we watched every ep when it aired. Now we record it on the DVR and watch it when ever we have time. I have lost my enthusiasm for the show. The show ended for me at the end of season 7. Season 8 was a joke. I would like to enjoy season 9, but knowing they have screwed us around with Jack and Sam, I can't. I think alot of people feel like I do, I just don't think that TPTB will admit it. They will continue to say that only a small hand full are disappointed and be in denial as the ratings and dvd sales take a nose dive.

What I am afraid of is that they will use Moebius as an scapegoat for anything they want to change. Including Sam and Jacks relationship.

galaxy
July 31st, 2005, 11:10 AM
There are also some god awful ones too.

LOL That's true. :D
But sometimes they are so awful that it's fascinating and then I read them anyway, while making a face the whole time. :p

Ship Nana
July 31st, 2005, 11:13 AM

Ok, I obviously missed this one so I'll bite.

What exactly DID Amanda say at Comic Con? *Ship Nana says with fingers, toes and eyes crossed for something positive for our Ship*

rolleson
July 31st, 2005, 11:18 AM
I kinda dwindled off SG-1 around season 5, cause of various things, lack of sky and depression mainly, but picked it all back up again in season 7.

Ship Nana
July 31st, 2005, 11:21 AM
Okay, so I used all the same pics from the same 'Affinity' scene just to turn it into a happier scene. I hated that scene. No happiness at all. Just wanted to keep it simple, Jack's not that complicated.

Thank you for putting up with my rambling pictures. I hope you enjoyed it

I'm having to read backwards thru the thread in order to keep up so I just found your "happier scene" and you just made my day!!

And believe it or not, I think that's exactly how the proposal would go down.

THANK YOU!

rolleson
July 31st, 2005, 11:22 AM
LOL That's true. :D
But sometimes they are so awful that it's fascinating and then I read them anyway, while making a face the whole time. :p

I went through a phase like that. Espeically with S/J smut fic, but then after a while I couldn't take anymore.

galaxy
July 31st, 2005, 11:34 AM
Ok, I obviously missed this one so I'll bite.

What exactly DID Amanda say at Comic Con? *Ship Nana says with fingers, toes and eyes crossed for something positive for our Ship*

tsaxlady posted that in the Sam's a great character - thread:

(....)
Okay this one is for all you S/J shipper fans AT was asked 'What about Sam and Jack?' to which she said they are being purpose fully vague about that - but there are a few phone calls - Basically they are leaving it open were people can draw their own conclusions abot what is happening between them.(....)

Zoser
July 31st, 2005, 11:35 AM
TIIC playing use for fools. You noticed the ads on SciFi always play up RDA - more of him in the ad than in the show just like the Grace kiss.

Zoser
July 31st, 2005, 11:36 AM
Me too.

galaxy
July 31st, 2005, 11:43 AM

(....)
Okay this one is for all you S/J shipper fans AT was asked 'What about Sam and Jack?' to which she said they are being purpose fully vague about that - but there are a few phone calls - Basically they are leaving it open were people can draw their own conclusions abot what is happening between them.(....)

and majorsal said that AT also said this:
"... and we'll just leave it up to your imaginations for the time being. (audiences awwwws) And then we'll see what happens."

Sorry Ship Nana, that's all I could find. :)

Ship Nana
July 31st, 2005, 12:16 PM
and majorsal said that AT also said this:
"... and we'll just leave it up to your imaginations for the time being. (audiences awwwws) And then we'll see what happens."

Sorry Ship Nana, that's all I could find. :)

I'm not quite sure what any of that means except more of the same-old, same-old vagueness! :( :(

But thanks for digging that up for me!

ann_sgcfan
July 31st, 2005, 12:28 PM
hey shipper family
just stopping by very quickly cause it's 3pm and I haven't eaten yet... :S
I've just finished my second slide show...well it's not great but it's still the second one...I think the images are going too fast but I had so many stuff to put on it !! that's so difficult to make a choice !!!!
anyway here are the links to it :
dowload it here (http://s50.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=1MF4DBQ16XMXE0N5TPM0NE9FKM)

view it here (http://www.putfile.com/media.php?n=no-need-for-words)

it's called no need for words..so there's only music...it's different from what we usually see here so well let me know what you think.
I'll be back later

((((((((((((((((((((((((family))))))))))))))))))))))))

Great Video!!! Loved all the pictures and how you arranged them! :) :D

galaxy
July 31st, 2005, 12:35 PM
I'm not quite sure what any of that means except more of the same-old, same-old vagueness! :( :(

Yeah, I know....*sigh*

I think the point was, that we at least know now that there will be a tiny bit of ship (telephone call) and that AT said: "we'll just leave it up to your imaginations for the time being...and then we'll see what happens." So we hoped there might be the slightest chance that we'll get something....someday. :S

In other words: Just grasping at straws again...like we always do. :( :( :(

ann_sgcfan
July 31st, 2005, 12:45 PM

http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost.php?p=4365585&postcount=11831

Follow this link to hear AT explaining the Jack and Sam's relationship at the Con. Uber and Tsaxlady were kind enough to post it for us. It's basically everything you have already heard from other people, but it's nice to hear it in person (sort of, since it's taped) :)

trupi
July 31st, 2005, 12:53 PM
I was just thinking how my attitude about SG-1 has changed so much over the year. We used to arrange our time around SG-1, to make sure we watched every ep when it aired. Now we record it on the DVR and watch it when ever we have time. I have lost my enthusiasm for the show. The show ended for me at the end of season 7. Season 8 was a joke. I would like to enjoy season 9, but knowing they have screwed us around with Jack and Sam, I can't. I think alot of people feel like I do, I just don't think that TPTB will admit it. They will continue to say that only a small hand full are disappointed and be in denial as the ratings and dvd sales take a nose dive.

What I am afraid of is that they will use Moebius as an scapegoat for anything they want to change. Including Sam and Jacks relationship.
I think you are right Rogue. I have a feeling they are some how going to say the timeline changed more then we thought (not only is there fish in the pond). It's going to be another timeline and someone is going to have to fix it. LA-LA-LA-LA! Covering my ears! My son is yelling at me to watch Origins and I refuse. Until we get a message or a clue something is going in our direct TPTB can get the show and~~~~~~~~~~~~! As AT said use your imagination! Going to read some of Delaney's fics!

trupi
July 31st, 2005, 01:50 PM
SCIFI magazine has a article about Season 9 and Beau Bridges says that RDA role will diminshed but he is not leaving the show completely. He will make a few guest appearances during the season. On page 57 of the August edition.

Billie
July 31st, 2005, 02:02 PM
Part 2...

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a367/queeneleta/samsmile.jpg
Are you serious?

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a367/queeneleta/ring.jpg

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a367/queeneleta/uhhh.jpg
I guess you are....

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a367/queeneleta/well.jpg
Well...

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a367/queeneleta/yes.jpg
I thought you'd never ask. YES!!

Queen Eleta - loving your pic stories!! This one is especially yummy! :p
Thanks for cheering me up after a very long and involved day at work it was just what the ship doctor ordered!! ((((QE))))

Started reading 'Twilight' ship fic last night and had to force myself to put it down to go to sleep...it's so great and sooooo shippy!! :p

Can't wait to head to bed to finish it! :)

Welcome to all the newbies btw, great to have you join us! Ship lots and post lots. We family have to stick together in these barren ship times and let our imaginations run amock!! ;)

Billie
July 31st, 2005, 02:25 PM
Goodnight dear shippers! Am off to languish in the shippy world of 'Twilight' where Jack and Sam are about to get on down!! ;) ;)

Couldn't resist putting a caption to this one....

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a57/pcbillie/sam_embarassed.jpg
Oh man, I can't believe I just played footsie with my dad, I could have sworn that was Jack :o
:) :) :) :)
Doh!!

Ship Nana
July 31st, 2005, 02:26 PM
Yeah, I know....*sigh*

I think the point was, that we at least know now that there will be a tiny bit of ship (telephone call) and that AT said: "we'll just leave it up to your imaginations for the time being...and then we'll see what happens." So we hoped there might be the slightest chance that we'll get something....someday. :S

By the time TPTB get them together, if ever, they'll both be on WALKERS and living in a retirement community in Florida!!!

That's ok because after all, Jack was looking forward to playing shuffle board with the fellas in Florida.

ktthekitty
July 31st, 2005, 02:27 PM
Hi Im Kt Long time shipper and have been absent from the Forum for a little while because I had a baby but im back and post occationally when time permits. I just want to register as part of the ship family.

Please email or leave me a message I will get back to you. Maybe through my friend wendy (m_wendy_r) who is currently sitting beside me. If your wondering where she is i've stolen her for 2 weeks.

Loadsa love
MUAH

KT xxxx

Wendy
Hugs :) hee

Silver
July 31st, 2005, 02:37 PM
Wish I was good with the humour in captions thing, but I'm not, so the picture I just stumbled across will have to make do... :p :)

http://www.stargatesg1.org.uk/jacksam.jpg

I've written a stand-alone fic which is very shippy/mushy involving an established (season 9) Sam and Jack. http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2511502/1/ I guess it's based on even more wishful thinking. :p

Everyone seems so depressed. :( Cheer up! Season nine isn't over yet, it's barely begun! I feel really behind the times because I haven't seen Avalon yet but looking over all these posts I'm not sure I want to! (I noticed Harry Potter was mentioned... you poor reader(s)... HBP really doesn't supply much comfort.)

At least we'll have RDA on the Simpsons. :( (not that I'm a huge fan or anything) Did that sound really bitter?

But despite the sad faces, I am, for the moment, trying to stay positive! :) :)

sueKay
July 31st, 2005, 02:43 PM
WELCOME KTTHEKITTY!

Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!

I hope you return wendy to us in the same condition she was in when she left :P

Hope you have fun posting here when you can!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Silver
July 31st, 2005, 02:48 PM
and majorsal said that AT also said this:[spoiler]
"... and we'll just leave it up to your imaginations for the time being. And then we'll see what happens."[/spoilers]

I take solace in the fact that all shippers have very good imaginations! :) Some of us see Sam and Jack standing next to each other and it's shippy. :D (very tiny exaguration there! ;) )

And hey, ktthekitty! Nice to meet you! :)

sueKay
July 31st, 2005, 02:59 PM
Okay...we need to cheer up!!!!!!!

I want people to write drabbles...lots of little drabbles...that place Sam and Jack in strange scenarios! ie. Sam at a science conference and meeting Jack at it, or something else that's crazy!

Dani76
July 31st, 2005, 03:06 PM
Hi Ktthekitty

http://bestsmileys.com/ballons/8.gif

Welcome (back) to the thread. And congratulations on your baby. http://www.websmileys.com/sm/fam/fam11.gif

HailDorothy
July 31st, 2005, 03:13 PM
LUCY, I'M HOME!

Well, I survived the family reunion!! And had to pop in for a good douse of Jack and Sam before making supper. :)

So, glad to see this family sounding more positive than yesterday. ;)

Billie, you gave me my much needed snort and laugh with Sam's footsie photo! :D

Somnium
July 31st, 2005, 03:52 PM
Silver - Good to see you remaining optamistic :D I too am keeping a positive look on things. I will and can make even the tiniest lil snippet of sam/jack seem shippy. You just have to use your imagination ;) .

Suekay - I never tried to write a drabble before but will have a think and see what I can come up with, but only if everyone else gives it a go. Any excuse for some Ship.

Good to hear the AT comments it gives me some hope :D

ses110
July 31st, 2005, 03:58 PM
Rogue I remember the Good Days when I could not wait to see episodes like Solitudes and Point of View and 100 Days.When I heard about 100 Days I could not wait to see that episode.It was tough working on the Day and I could not stop looking at my Watch all Day.The last Time I had that feeling was Threads and to me it was a letdown.I told myself before Season 9 that I would not like the Show the same way I liked the Show from Season 1-6 and it has helped a little.It also helps having AT still around and it gives me somone to root for on the Show.I still think we have not seen the last of the Sam and Jack Ship.AT latest commnets have helped.I'am just trying to tell myself there is nothing we can do about the Past and I'am trying to stay positive about the Future of the Sam and Jack Ship.I have great confidence in RDA and AT.

majorsal
July 31st, 2005, 04:18 PM

so would i! :p

sally :D

sueKay
July 31st, 2005, 04:19 PM
Ses - I'm also trying to remain optimistic, but like you I can't work up the enthuisiasm for the show anymore...It's just now as good...it's still a good hour of entertainment and nothing more...The fact that people are loving s9 so far doesn't bother me...I'd rather someone else was enjoying it rather than me.

But I think I personally, have invested too much in the show and in this ship to stop with the fandom. I'll still be coming here long after the show ends. I love the people here...they're great, and if it weren't for them, I would have quit at Moebius.

I'll watch Avalon 2, and from Beach Head onwards...but I really hated Farscape as BB CB seem to like stealing signs (MHO)...I hope they don't do the same here.

majorsal
July 31st, 2005, 04:31 PM
SCIFI magazine has a article about Season 9 and Beau Bridges says that RDA role will diminshed but he is not leaving the show completely. He will make a few guest appearances during the season. On page 57 of the August edition.

:D :D

sally :D

waterfall
July 31st, 2005, 04:37 PM
By the time TPTB get them together, if ever, they'll both be on WALKERS and living in a retirement community in Florida!!!

That's ok because after all, Jack was looking forward to playing shuffle board with the fellas in Florida.

Can I be on that shuffleboard comitee??
Either that or be working at their retirement home since I live in Florida??
Come to think of it, that would not be a good thing because I would be arrested for abusing the patients when I knock their heads together for both being sooooo stuborn!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :p

waterfall

waterfall
July 31st, 2005, 05:01 PM
Everyone seems so depressed. :( Cheer up! Season nine isn't over yet, it's barely begun! I feel really behind the times because I haven't seen Avalon yet but looking over all these posts I'm not sure I want to! (I noticed Harry Potter was mentioned... you poor reader(s)... HBP really doesn't supply much comfort.)

I'm not depressed....come to think of it, I'm quite happy about the future of Sam and Jack.

Everyone is depressed because not much (if anything) is being said about it.
It is TPTB's little game of trying to get the shippers to stay tuned,because they're not stupid, they know where their bread gets buttered.
IMO what they're *not* saying speaks volumes and they're using it as a trump card if the ratings hit the skids and for the power to have a 10th season.
One reader on the S/J Yahoo list believes that they are already married and that it will be sprung on us later in the season and I'm beginning to agree with her. :D

BTW, anyone have a guess on just how much time passed between "Mobius" and "Avalon"??

waterfall

sueKay
July 31st, 2005, 05:03 PM
I have a question...

what exactly is shuffleboard????

MartoufMarty
July 31st, 2005, 05:04 PM
Suekay told me to come back here.

She said that you guys missed me here.

I believe that to be a lie to get me back here :P

Anyways... ummm... hi again. I'll probably hang out here for a few days and then get lost and forget to come back again lol.

So umm... You guys probably all seen these already from the shipper day, but if not... Here's some Sam/Jack goodies :D

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v259/martoufmarty/ljotp1.gif http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v259/martoufmarty/ljotp.gif http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v259/martoufmarty/ljsj.gif

And the mini which I have as my av right now:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v259/martoufmarty/GFsamjack.gif

sueKay
July 31st, 2005, 05:05 PM
MARTOUFMARTY!!!!!!!!!

Welcome home...I mean...here!!!!!

You used to come here a lot, so please stay again!!!!!!!

Thanks for the heads up on Shuffleboard...I don't think it's a UK thing!

MartoufMarty
July 31st, 2005, 05:05 PM
I have a question...

what exactly is shuffleboard????
It's a game.

http://www.shuffleboard.net/

It's like like curling without the cold and the ice.

And table sized :P

And if you don't know what curling is, you're out of luck with me :P

sg-1fanintn
July 31st, 2005, 05:06 PM
Yeah, I know....*sigh*

Galaxy, thanks for finding and posting that before I returned. I just got through with the new Harry Potter book (reaches for tissue). Glad to see the question is already answered.

I guess what I really took away from Amanda's Comic Con remarks is that those who have been around active fandom for some time say she has never misled the fans before. And, they felt they derived something from her tone of voice when she made the remarks. Yes, vague, I know.....but it's better than nothing. And following my disappointment at Origins, coupled with finishing the 6th Potter book today, I'm not in the happiest of moods.....so I'll take whatever positive that I can glean! Hmmmmm.....now that I'm done with Harry, maybe a good S/J fanfic is what I need......

HailDorothy
July 31st, 2005, 05:11 PM
sueKay-honey,

I sent you a post. Please check it out. ;)

Queen Eleta
July 31st, 2005, 05:16 PM
I'm not depressed....come to think of it, I'm quite happy about the future of Sam and Jack.

It is TPTB's little game of trying to get the shippers to stay tuned,because they're not stupid, they know where their bread gets buttered.
IMO what they're *not* saying speaks volumes and they're using it as a trump card if the ratings hit the skids and for the power to have a 10th season.
One reader on the S/J Yahoo list believes that they are already married and that it will be sprung on us later in the season and I'm beginning to agree with her. :D

BTW, anyone have a guess on just how much time passed between "Mobius" and "Avalon"??

well, the weird thing about time is that it is relative. Especially to writers. They twist it to their own pleasure. In SGA, Siege part one, the marines come in compliments of General O'Neill. A very, very short time later, the Daedalus arrives with the ZPM. But over at the SGC, General Landry is in command when the Daedalus leaves Earth. So, these are the same people we are relaying on for ship? Any wonder why it hasn't happened yet? It was probably lost in the time continuum between SG1 and SGA.

waterfall
July 31st, 2005, 05:18 PM
Yes, another post from yours truly!!
I haven't had this much to say in quite a while!!
Everone has been saying that
Jack looked tired in "Origins"
I'd like to think that Sam "used and abused" him half to death and therfore that's why he looked soooo tired!!!....that and he was hungry....muhahahaha :D :D :D

IMO other than no Sam and a few new characters season 9 isn't that different from season 8:
There's hardly any Jack, Daniel is still Daniel the great (cough)and Teal'c is still just scenery....at least there's no :eek: (THANK GOD!!!)

Poor Teal'c...if I was CJ, I'd be pissed :mad:

waterfall

waterfall
July 31st, 2005, 05:27 PM
well, the weird thing about time is that it is relative. Especially to writers. They twist it to their own pleasure. In SGA, Siege part one, the marines come in compliments of General O'Neill. A very, very short time later, the Daedalus arrives with the ZPM. But over at the SGC, General Landry is in command when the Daedalus leaves Earth. So, these are the same people we are relaying on for ship? Any wonder why it hasn't happened yet? It was probably lost in the time continuum between SG1 and SGA.

hahahahaha that's probably the best explanation we'll ever get too.

Thanks for the laugh QE!!!

waterfall

Queen Eleta
July 31st, 2005, 05:29 PM
Here's a few cute caps I made from AT video diary from 'Red Sky'. BTW, have I ever mentioned I want(ed) her job?

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a367/queeneleta/RDAAT2.jpg
Here's RDA rather vigorously, with both hands, dusting off AT backside after a stunt....

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a367/queeneleta/RDAAT.jpg
Laughing, after a few catcalls from crew....

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a367/queeneleta/RDAAT3.jpg
Then RDA saying 'I need that tape!!'

They were just too cute together!!! With their chemistry, is it any wonder we saw shippiness everywhere we looked?

sueKay
July 31st, 2005, 05:41 PM
WATERFALL!!!!!!!

Good to see ya!!!!!!

HAILDOROTHY - I've sent you an email and I've PMed you...go to the box at the top right hand corner of the page and click on 'private messages'!

sg-1fanintn
July 31st, 2005, 05:50 PM
Queen Eleta.....thanks for the pics. I had seen some, but not all, of them. And they harken to a cheerier time, which lifts my spirits some.

Yes, I'm down after finishing Harry Potter today, combined with watching Origins Friday night. In between, Hubby and I took a great road trip on Saturday, though! I'm trying to get back in the positive groove. Maybe the fact that tomorrow is Stargate Monday on skiffy will help some. I've printed out Silver's new fanfic for tonight's bedtime story. From the quick glance I gave it, it may also improve my mood.

I have tried very hard to stay positive, but I'm just sick and tired of waiting for a resolution for two characters who deserve to be together. It's gone on so long now that it will be more difficult to get a satisfying resolution, because one of the actors involved has moved on.

After reading the Air Force fraternization regs, I believe them to only be an excuse now, especially in S9. Where there is a will, there is always a way. I'm just fatigued from the rollercoaster that the boys in Vancouver (TPTBM)are putting us through. And I say that the easiest way to get me to accept the "new team" is to happily resolve the S/J Ship, create a reason for Sam to still be there, and move on with the new stories. If they had done that, I would not be resisting the changes at all.

Thanks, Shipper Family, for being there to convince me that I'm not the only one interested in how this S/J thing finally is resolved. It's great to have you all to trade talk with, and feel that we'll get to a happy ending eventually.

Welcome to all the newbies we picked up on Ship Day, and to the folks who have just returned to the thread!

waterfall
July 31st, 2005, 06:00 PM
WATERFALL!!!!!!!

Good to see ya!!!!!!

GOOD TO SEE YOU TOO SUEKAY!!!!!!!
....giggle.. :D

waterfall

sueKay
July 31st, 2005, 06:12 PM
I'm not going to let season nine or a lack of resolution scare me away from fandom or from reruns of seasons 1 - 7...

Another thing - I've been thinking about something...

Remember the Neverending story films? (note this is a silly point from a slightly tipsy shipper)...they said in those films that anything you can imagine is real. So just think of those possible millions of fanfics!

Okay...that was an inarticulate babble...I apologise...If anyone could make heads or tails of it, please post your version of it!

LOL4JACK
July 31st, 2005, 06:13 PM
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y219/cmb1009/threadsmanipMala.jpg
Sam: Jack, our shipper family wants us to return back from our honeymoon
Jack: FCOL, can't they give us a break!
Sam: Well they say they won't watch S9
Jack: Then how are we supposed to suprise them, didn't they get the motorcycle hint
Sam: Well yes they did, but you know how much they love us

Thanks Mala for the pic :p

Rogue
July 31st, 2005, 06:24 PM
Rogue I remember the Good Days when I could not wait to see episodes like Solitudes and Point of View and 100 Days.When I heard about 100 Days I could not wait to see that episode.It was tough working on the Day and I could not stop looking at my Watch all Day.The last Time I had that feeling was Threads and to me it was a letdown.I told myself before Season 9 that I would not like the Show the same way I liked the Show from Season 1-6 and it has helped a little.It also helps having AT still around and it gives me somone to root for on the Show.I still think we have not seen the last of the Sam and Jack Ship.AT latest commnets have helped.I'am just trying to tell myself there is nothing we can do about the Past and I'am trying to stay positive about the Future of the Sam and Jack Ship.I have great confidence in RDA and AT.

Ses, I have confidence in RDA and AT, but have zero confidence in TPTB. Thats who has the power now that RDA is not a major player in Stargate.I am tired of living off the bread crumbs that they decided to throw us from time to time. I also anxiously waited for Threads and was very disappointed. They promised us resolution and all we got was more questions.

I am waiting for AT to come back, which I am hoping the ratings will skyrocket with her return. But her latest comments don't give me much hope. How is that different from what we have been doing for the past 8 years?

divcon
July 31st, 2005, 06:26 PM
Hi guys, I'm back.

I'd like to think that Sam "used and abused" him half to death and therfore that's why he looked soooo tired!!!....that and he was hungry....muhahahaha :D :D :D

IMO other than no Sam and a few new characters season 9 isn't that different from season 8:
There's hardly any Jack, Daniel is still Daniel the great (cough)and Teal'c is still just scenery....at least there's no :eek: (THANK GOD!!!)

waterfall

Love the spoiler waterfall. Haven't seen any season 9 but from evertything that has been said here it sounds like a very valid reason. (hehehehehe) :D :D

divcon
July 31st, 2005, 06:35 PM
Sexy
Amazing
Mesmerizing

AND

Joyful
Action
Courageous
Kind

Enticing
Visual
Entertaining
Romantic

THIS is what we want!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sg-1fanintn
July 31st, 2005, 06:38 PM

waterfall

Again, I thought Jack looked fine. He just wasn't given anything to say!!!!! But if he was tired, I certainly like your explanation for it!!!!!

waterfall

Okay, waterfall, I need a lift. I'll bite. On what evidence or presumption does the reader on the yahoo list think they're already married? Cheer me up, please!

Cathain Nottingham
July 31st, 2005, 06:39 PM
Hi everybody!!

Some may recognize me from Ship Day but for all others I'm Cathain and as most of my fiction relates, a big S/J fan.

Cathain Nottingham
July 31st, 2005, 06:43 PM
Hey Cath, welcome to the ship family thread. :) :)

Have fun, everyone here is amazingly friendly. We may have a dig at each other but we ALL love Jack and Sam.

Hi and thanks for the welcome :D

divcon
July 31st, 2005, 06:43 PM
Hi everybody!!

Some may recognize me from Ship Day but for all others I'm Cathain and as most of my fiction relates, a big S/J fan.

Hey Cath, welcome to the ship family thread. :) :)

Have fun, everyone here is amazingly friendly. We may have a dig at each other but we ALL love Jack and Sam.

trupi
July 31st, 2005, 06:44 PM
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y219/cmb1009/threadsmanipMala.jpg
Sam: Jack, our shipper family wants us to return back from our honeymoon
Jack: FCOL, can't they give us a break!
Sam: Well they say they won't watch S9
Jack: Then how are we supposed to suprise them, didn't they get the motorcycle hint
Sam: Well yes they did, but you know how much they love us

Thanks Mala for the pic :p
Really cute!

Cathain Nottingham
July 31st, 2005, 06:55 PM
Question: Is there a certain place to ask a question concerning shippy fiction? Like a certain fan fiction thread?

Ship Nana
July 31st, 2005, 07:00 PM
Again, I thought Jack looked fine. He just wasn't given anything to say!!!!! But if he was tired, I certainly like your explanation for it!!!!!

Okay, waterfall, I need a lift. I'll bite. On what evidence or presumption does the reader on the yahoo list think they're already married? Cheer me up, please!

Why darling, we thought all the Shippers knew about THE WEDDING!

Caty has a copy of the whole Sam and Jack wedding album including honeymoon postcard pics from all over the world!

LOL4JACK
July 31st, 2005, 07:01 PM
Question: Is there a certain place to ask a question concerning shippy fiction? Like a certain fan fiction thread?
Hi Cathain, welcome to the shipper family...!!!!!! You are here to stay I hope :p

There is a whole area in the forum dedicated to fanfics, click here (http://forum.gateworld.net/forumdisplay.php?f=19)

But if it's about the ship... I believe there are a lot of experts in this thread and we do love fanfics :p

sg-1fanintn
July 31st, 2005, 07:05 PM
Why darling, we thought all the Shippers knew about THE WEDDING!

Caty has a copy of the whole Sam and Jack wedding album including honeymoon postcard pics from all over the world!

Thanks, Ship Nana, but I've seen Caty's album. I got the impression that waterfall was referring to something else.....maybe a riveting discussion we haven't witnessed because it took place on yahoo.

Right, waterfall?

Cathain Nottingham
July 31st, 2005, 07:08 PM
Hi Cathain, welcome to the shipper family...!!!!!! You are here to stay I hope :p

But if it's about the ship... I believe there are a lot of experts in this thread and we do love fanfics :p

Hi! And I do hope to stick around as long as everyone will have me.

The fanfic question was related to a story that I've been wanting to start up for some time now. (Fans of my ongoing series aren't going to be too happy hearing I'm starting another series rather than finishing the ones I've got!)

Anyway I have the idea posted up on my website and just wanted to get some feedback, anyone who wants to check it out please do so and leave me a comment!

New Story Idea (http://www.cathainnottingham.com/timeshare)

Ship Nana
July 31st, 2005, 07:08 PM
Queen Eleta.....thanks for the pics. I had seen some, but not all, of them. And they harken to a cheerier time, which lifts my spirits some.

Yes, I'm down after finishing Harry Potter today, combined with watching Origins Friday night. In between, Hubby and I took a great road trip on Saturday, though! I'm trying to get back in the positive groove. Maybe the fact that tomorrow is Stargate Monday on skiffy will help some. I've printed out Silver's new fanfic for tonight's bedtime story. From the quick glance I gave it, it may also improve my mood.

I have tried very hard to stay positive, but I'm just sick and tired of waiting for a resolution for two characters who deserve to be together. It's gone on so long now that it will be more difficult to get a satisfying resolution, because one of the actors involved has moved on.

After reading the Air Force fraternization regs, I believe them to only be an excuse now, especially in S9. Where there is a will, there is always a way. I'm just fatigued from the rollercoaster that the boys in Vancouver (TPTBM)are putting us through. And I say that the easiest way to get me to accept the "new team" is to happily resolve the S/J Ship, create a reason for Sam to still be there, and move on with the new stories. If they had done that, I would not be resisting the changes at all.

Thanks, Shipper Family, for being there to convince me that I'm not the only one interested in how this S/J thing finally is resolved. It's great to have you all to trade talk with, and feel that we'll get to a happy ending eventually.

Welcome to all the newbies we picked up on Ship Day, and to the folks who have just returned to the thread!

Alas, did I hear the Shipper TownRollercoaster mentioned? Slowly I turn. Step, by step.....

Everybody buckle up cause here we go AGAIN!!!

http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/7/7_2_111.gif

Ship Nana
July 31st, 2005, 07:09 PM
Thanks, Ship Nana, but I've seen Caty's album. I got the impression that waterfall was referring to something else.....maybe a riveting discussion we haven't witnessed because it took place on yahoo.

Right, waterfall?

You mean Caty's album was nothing but a manip, a very well done manip, I might add?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NNNNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Tell me it isn't soooooooo?!

Buc252
July 31st, 2005, 07:17 PM
psst... X-files was written by men too. Can't do ship. I want to see the S/J ship resolved, but now I'm scared that TPTBM will ruin it as bad as M/S was ruined. That was just awful, I don't think I could handle a bad ship again.

I agree, but at least there were some scenes in XF that gave us solid resolution.

"Agent Scully is alread in love"

"you're my one in five billion"

"I love you" - even though it was followed by "oh, brother!"

"You make me a whole person"

We've never even had lines like this with Jack and Sam. I wish we had . . .

LOL4JACK
July 31st, 2005, 07:20 PM
Hi! And I do hope to stick around as long as everyone will have me.

The fanfic question was related to a story that I've been wanting to start up for some time now. (Fans of my ongoing series aren't going to be too happy hearing I'm starting another series rather than finishing the ones I've got!)

Anyway I have the idea posted up on my website and just wanted to get some feedback, anyone who wants to check it out please do so and leave me a comment!

New Story Idea (http://www.cathainnottingham.com/timeshare)
Hmmm, I don't know if I should... :p I'm one of the ones that left you a review on "Shall we Dance" begging you to finish it :D and I also loved your latest... Reasons.

But well that said... I'm already hooked on your new idea :p I'll PM you :D

Dani76
July 31st, 2005, 07:28 PM
Here is a little something I've been working on to cheer up the Family:

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b68/dani76/Heros6.jpg

I would do anything...

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b68/dani76/sfi0196copy.jpg

...just to be in your arms again.

Buc252
July 31st, 2005, 07:28 PM
I kinda dwindled off SG-1 around season 5, cause of various things, lack of sky and depression mainly, but picked it all back up again in season 7.

Oh, you poor child!! You missed one of the best seasons for ship - season 6 - as well as the wonderfully enjoyable Jonas! I feel so sorry for your loss. :(

Cathain Nottingham
July 31st, 2005, 07:30 PM
Hmmm, I don't know if I should... :p I'm one of the ones that left you a review on "Shall we Dance" begging you to finish it :D and I also loved your latest... Reasons.

But well that said... I'm already hooked on your new idea :p I'll PM you :D

Uh oh...a few minutes after posting the idea and I'm already in for it for one of the other series *laughs*

Listen if you or anyone has any ideas with my "May I Have This Dance" series please let me hear them. I wrote down a rough outline for the remainder of the series a few months ago, unfortunately none of the notes make sense now!

LadyJeep
July 31st, 2005, 07:31 PM
Okay, so I used all the same pics from the same 'Affinity' scene just to turn it into a happier scene. I hated that scene. No happiness at all. Just wanted to keep it simple, Jack's not that complicated.

Thank you for putting up with my rambling pictures. I hope you enjoyed it
Queen Eleta,

Your two picture stories were the best! They certainly made me laugh out loud. :D

Buc252
July 31st, 2005, 07:47 PM
It's a game.

http://www.shuffleboard.net/

It's like like curling without the cold and the ice.

And table sized :P

And if you don't know what curling is, you're out of luck with me :P

Table sized????

Not in the Northeast area of the US, at least. Here, you push a puck with a stick on the floor, and hope you can get it in the high-score spots on your opponents floor grid.

Okay, that's an oversimplified version, but . . . <g>

Queen Eleta
July 31st, 2005, 07:50 PM

Right, waterfall?

Where's this album? I wanna see!!! I went to Caty's homepage put got 404 errors when I clicked on stuff.

gatebee
July 31st, 2005, 08:02 PM
Where's this album? I wanna see!!! I went to Caty's homepage put got 404 errors when I clicked on stuff.
you have to PM Caty and she will give you the link

gatebee
July 31st, 2005, 08:06 PM

I live in Florida. I can visit them and we can talk all about the shippy stuff

gatebee
July 31st, 2005, 08:18 PM
Hi Im Kt Long time shipper and have been absent from the Forum for a little while because I had a baby but im back and post occationally when time permits. I just want to register as part of the ship family.

Please email or leave me a message I will get back to you. Maybe through my friend wendy (m_wendy_r) who is currently sitting beside me. If your wondering where she is i've stolen her for 2 weeks.

Loadsa love
MUAH

KT xxxx

Wendy
Hugs :) hee
CONGRATULATIONS on your new baby... I wonder when Sam and Jack will want their own baby too.

Ship Nana
July 31st, 2005, 08:19 PM
I live in Florida. I can visit them and we can talk all about the shippy stuff

Hey Gatebee, I don't live too far from Florida so you and I could take turns helping Jack with his daily workouts! ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

gatebee
July 31st, 2005, 08:23 PM
Hey Gatebee, I don't live too far from Florida so you and I could take turns helping Jack with his daily workouts! ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)
Hi Ship Nana..... I think Sam would not like it too much if we only concentrated with Jack. We will also have to help Sam.

gatebee
July 31st, 2005, 08:36 PM

waterfall
((((((( Waterfall ))))))) you are so right. Now I understand why Jack looked like that. Lucky Sam.

gatebee
July 31st, 2005, 08:43 PM
Here's a few cute caps I made from AT video diary from 'Red Sky'. BTW, have I ever mentioned I want(ed) her job?

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a367/queeneleta/RDAAT2.jpg
Here's RDA rather vigorously, with both hands, dusting off AT backside after a stunt....

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a367/queeneleta/RDAAT.jpg
Laughing, after a few catcalls from crew....

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a367/queeneleta/RDAAT3.jpg
Then RDA saying 'I need that tape!!'

They were just too cute together!!! With their chemistry, is it any wonder we saw shippiness everywhere we looked?
wow, I have seen those pics before but I never knew what was said and what it was all about. Thank you for that info. That is so shippy.

trupi
July 31st, 2005, 08:54 PM
For the shippers who need a laugh to chase the blues away-read in the GW fanfic thread,"Just a kiss" and "Personal Favor" by jamdragonrider. Will bring a smile to your lips!

gatebee
July 31st, 2005, 08:56 PM
Sexy
Amazing
Mesmerizing

AND

Joyful
Action
Courageous
Kind

Enticing
Visual
Entertaining
Romantic

Divcon .... that is great .... wanted to give you green ships but was not allowed too.

gatebee
July 31st, 2005, 09:00 PM
Hi everybody!!

WELCOME CathainNottingham to the Sam and Jack Ship Family

Gatetrixer
July 31st, 2005, 09:15 PM
Table sized????

Not in the Northeast area of the US, at least. Here, you push a puck with a stick on the floor, and hope you can get it in the high-score spots on your opponents floor grid.

Yes, and in Florida the courts are outside. I've played it when visiting my parents in Fla.but not too crazy about it since I hated it when I landed on a high-score square and then my opponent(hubs) knocked it out--poor sport that I am, I guess. It's a game equated with retirement communites, but it wouldn't have to be just for them, really. Wonder if lawn bowling be considered that sort of game in the U.K.

Just read Silver's S9 fic and loved it!!!!!! Sigh. If only.

Cathain Nottingham
July 31st, 2005, 09:25 PM
WELCOME CathainNottingham to the Sam and Jack Ship Family

Hi and thanks :D

Gatetrixer
July 31st, 2005, 09:33 PM
Oh, Dani, when answering a post with pics, take of the & so the pics become links so that dial-up people will not have a hard time

Where do you find those letters(img)? Sorry to be so dumb but I just did a green square for the first time last week, so you can see I need all the help I can get with computers.

nell
July 31st, 2005, 09:33 PM
Hi Shippers,
Lots of RL going on Sunday. Hubby and I went to an Elvis Costello/Emily Lou Harris concert. Great show! I took a quick spin through tonight's posts. Still mixed emotions about Season 9 and Origins, huh? Same here! I did read Silver's fanfiction about the way Season 9 might be for our Sam and Jack. What a pick me up!!! I was just recollecting that this time last week we were all looking forward to Ship Day and Origins with Jack!!! Now Ship Day is over and Origins was disappointing as far as Ship was concerned . Well, there are lots of Sam and Jack fanfiction noms to read at Stargate Fan Awards. That and visiting with my Shipper friends will be what I'm looking forward to this week. Oh, and my hubby and I are having a long weekend together coming up. Our son is flying to Florida tomorrow to visit friends. Well, time for bed. Good Night (actually it's morning)!

gatebee
July 31st, 2005, 09:41 PM
Hi lonely_star! I saw the picture slideshow you made and it is absolutely beautiful. Nice choice of the music too. I have been having a problem of identifying one of the scenes played in the slideshow. I have seen that in many music videos of Sam/Jack (I'm a major shipper) and I want to know which episode it came from. I cannot recall an episode with that happening so I hope you can help me in this.

It is the first embracing pictures of them together. After the message "They'll be there for each other", the pictures are shown. It is around the time frame of 2.08 and I'm lost in where it happens or when it happens. I have seen all the episodes and I cannot remember seeing this scene. So help me out please if you can.

Anyone else can budge in too if you know which scene I'm talking about. Thanks for your help.
WELCOME PLAGUE .... a ship pic just for you
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v205/FilBrit1/elevator2.jpg

gatebee
July 31st, 2005, 10:13 PM
Where do you find those letters(img)? Sorry to be so dumb but I just did a green square for the first time last week, so you can see I need all the help I can get with computers.
ok .... where to find the .........
.. on the lower right hand of a post there is QUOTE and QR
...click on one of them and it will take you post with the links
....if the post had a picture, the picture link would be manifested by .........
.....delete only the & and the picture becomes a link when you repost the message attached with your own personal comments.

You can try it on this post....
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v205/FilBrit1/sg1/PDVD_014.jpg

sacme
July 31st, 2005, 10:47 PM

I looked at it again and you have some points. They never had a solid two-shot until the end, which isn't compatible with past camera work. It definitely seemed liked they were avoiding too much exposure of the one, while the other was talking. And there were definitely times when we see the back of one of them talking and it wasn't very synched with the actual voice of their character. Like the stand-in was talking and they later dubbed in the character's voice. I couldn't tell if the two-shot of jack and daniel walking out was fake.

Maybe that's part of the reason why that scene felt so stale.

ship sistah

Dani76
July 31st, 2005, 10:52 PM
Just started reading "Twilight". It's awesome, it's just...perfect.
Now I know what you all meant when you said you couldn't put it down.
Off to bed to read a bit more. :) :o

sacme
July 31st, 2005, 11:14 PM

(....)
Okay this one is for all you S/J shipper fans AT was asked 'What about Sam and Jack?' to which she said they are being purpose fully vague about that - but there are a few phone calls - Basically they are leaving it open were people can draw their own conclusions abot what is happening between them.

season 9 You're kidding?! "Vague," did she say? TPTBM being vague with ship?! No way! They would never use that ole tool.

ship sistah :mad:

sacme
July 31st, 2005, 11:54 PM
(snip)

At least we'll have RDA on the Simpsons. :( (not that I'm a huge fan or anything) Did that sound really bitter?

I think some of us are suffering from shipper burnout. We're Shippers, so there is always hope (even a wittle, wittle bit, down weally, weally deep), but we've been through a lot and heard it all (or a lot of nothing, depending on your perspective) and we keep expecting more and better and keep getting less and worse. We really want to be happy, shiny, lovely, bouncy shippers http://bestsmileys.com/friendly/4.gif again, but it just gets harder and harder when TPTBM give us no respect. It's like we're waiting for the next blow all the time. http://webpages.charter.net/connectingzone/shock/2.gif

ship sistah http://bestsmileys.com/paranoid/4.gif

sacme
August 1st, 2005, 12:10 AM
Sexy Amazing
Mesmerizing

AND

Joyful
Action
Courageous
Kind

Enticing

Visual

Entertaining

Romantic

my emphasis added

ship sistah ;)

sacme
August 1st, 2005, 12:17 AM

Hey, I'm not close, but I'll come down from NY to help with the sponge bath! http://webpages.charter.net/connectingzone/naughty/26.gif

ship sistah :p

Silver
August 1st, 2005, 12:17 AM
... and we keep expecting more and better and keep getting less and worse.

That's a really good point actually.

I only wish the ship had been resolved in season 8. If RDA was still wholly part of the show I wouldn't really care about a resolution, as long as we had more hug scenes... But now he's gone, at least partly, and it's like they've left the storyline to fade away without a proper finish.

But I do keep reminding myself to look at what we have as opposed to what we're missing! I.e. Heroes and D&C. :D

rolleson
August 1st, 2005, 02:47 AM
Oh, you poor child!! You missed one of the best seasons for ship - season 6 - as well as the wonderfully enjoyable Jonas! I feel so sorry for your loss. :(

No, it's okay, because I work now, so I can afford to buy dvds.

rolleson
August 1st, 2005, 02:49 AM
Hi Ship Nana..... I think Sam would not like it too much if we only concentrated with Jack. We will also have to help Sam.

S'oaky, I'll help Sam ;)

rolleson
August 1st, 2005, 02:50 AM
Okay...we need to cheer up!!!!!!!

I want people to write drabbles...lots of little drabbles...that place Sam and Jack in strange scenarios! ie. Sam at a science conference and meeting Jack at it, or something else that's crazy!

At work, I'll write at work. Because I need to write some Sam/Jack after joining this thread and reading it all but I'm not supposed to be writing anything else other than Dr Who/Rose (I have a deadline to meet).

Anyway.

Sa/Jack snogging in a rollercoaster?

plague
August 1st, 2005, 03:18 AM
Hey guys... thanks for inviting me into the Shipper family. I'm a major shipper and since I've got hold of all the DVDs of all seasons (except 8), I have been watching it again & again just to see the interaction between Jack & Sam. So touching and sometimes I just want to hit them in the head & make them tell what they feel for each other openly... So many chances yet no conclusion. :(

I was so pissed off when Jack was made General and was not part of SG-1 because that made him less into the show and less scenes with Sam. I only watched Season 8 for the scenes between both of them. And Season 9 is SO going to be a disappointment for me (already is from the episodes so far). Ok.. that's what I feel so far. Now for the spoilers about Jack & Sam or whatever I could pick up from all the spoilers I have read so far. :cool:

SPOILERS (Highlight below to read):
(....)
Apparently Jack is supposed to come as guest starring in some episodes. I think he might be coming in the episode "Ripple Effect" in Season 9 since it is commented that someone we love and miss will appear in that episode. So I'm so hoping it would be him. And since Sam will be back in the team at that time and IS AVAILABLE, I think we will see some shipping and some sailing (or fishing) in that episode. But this is just an assumption and all the writers have mentioned that it is the best storyline they have come up with afer "Window of Opportunity". So I think it was a hint towards Jack & Sam. Or atleast I'm hoping it is. :D

Catysg1
August 1st, 2005, 04:01 AM
I agree, but at least there were some scenes in XF that gave us solid resolution.

"Agent Scully is alread in love"

"you're my one in five billion"

"I love you" - even though it was followed by "oh, brother!"

"You make me a whole person"

We've never even had lines like this with Jack and Sam. I wish we had . . .

Oh yes , I remember those moments ;) Absolutely wonderful
What about :

" You are my touchstone" in Amor fati .... ;)

Can't you think of anymore ...that Tptb could use as an example !!! :rolleyes:
But obviuosly TPTB wants it so vague like

"I wouldn't be here"
"I have my reasons" ect ....
In comparison to Mulder and Scully 's lines ..it's very pale
Also Mac and Harm in JAG had some great lines too .

Shame Stargate TPTB treats a wonderful ship that way . :S

Caty :)

Catysg1
August 1st, 2005, 04:03 AM

Right, waterfall?

My Sam & Jack wedding photo album is all there at Stargate Intel :) Thank you Suekay :

http://s3.invisionfree.com/Stargate_Intel/index.php?showtopic=109

And they were really busy indeed.

Thank you Shipnana :)

Catysg1
August 1st, 2005, 04:26 AM

waterfall

I also think they are married otherwise "Threads" makes no sense at all ..SG1 didn't exist anymore after Moebius ..They all went their own way ..We know that Sam went to care for Cassie in Avalon 1 but really time has passed between Moebius and Avalon ..I think Sam and jack were together , got married and are now a couple ..but an established couple ..which means RST big time ...T

...herefore we won't see RST on screen and Tptb will allow Sam /Jack or somebody else to mention they are married along the line in one episode . ..but we won't see anything Sam and Jack ship related on screen anymore ...

...Sam and Jack ship is not a story line for season 9 ..so we'll hear they are happy together and well for the anti-shippers it won't matter because they won't see them on screen together kissing or anything like that ..

...I think if we see them on screen in the future , they will behave like 2 friends talking about work ..I don't think TPTB will let us see anything romantic . Jack may call her " Mrs O'Neill" ..this is probably what TPTB has in mind . The big honking kiss will never happen but we'll definately know that they are married ...That's all .

sueKay
August 1st, 2005, 04:49 AM
Hey all!

*reaches for pain relief*

Are there any special shipper hangover cures????

Anywho...

Ripple Effect is very close the episode ten, which Leanne (misstweedledee) heard was the ep in which the ship is confirmed...
The fact that RDA *may* be in that episode is for me, very encouraging...
Also...Beau Bridges recently said that RDA's role is diminished, but that he hasn't actually left the show altogether...

So...There is hope

Shippers - Making clutching at straws an Art Form!

Catysg1
August 1st, 2005, 04:54 AM

Of course Mulder and Scully were different from Sam and Jack but the love for each other is there in both series .

They ( tptb) let Sam and Jack have hugs like in "Deathknell "and "heroe "..with the "come here "comments from Jack so we know that they can give ship when they feel like it .

Of course with Mulder and Scully tptb could be a bit more open because no militaty regs in between the couple ..Saying that ..even in "point of view" .. Sam who was married to Jack ..never said "I love you" ..and I reckon it's because there are a lot of anti-shippers Sam and Jack who will roll their eyes at that .

I do not think there were so many fans against the Mulder and Scully ship ( The ship was consistent and was never dissolved at any time) ...and TPTB did say that the ending will be emotional and romantic before "the truth" was aired ...The ending was not 100% happy far from it ..and it's a shame but it is a sci-fi show and they still were together at the end ...fugitives ..but stil together and they left it open for a 2nd movie .

Now ..the problem is Staragte TPTB started the ship not the shippers ..and after episodes like "window of opportunity" , " divide and conquer" ..their duty was to resolve that ship in due time or dissolve it like they did in season 5 and 6 and never brought it back in the open ..but they did bring it back big time ..and of course disappointed all the shippers with the lack of resolution when it was time to resolve it ..either end of season 7 ..but at least end of season 8 with Threads .

Threads showed their love for each other despite the military regs and Jack willing to resign to be with her ..that's it ...Nothing else was said in Avalon 1 /2 to make us believe they are together .

As I said I reckon they are already married because time has passed between Moebius and Avalon ....but seeing the ship on screeen now is not gonna be a priority for tptb ..It's over for the visual but I think we'll get acknowledgement that Sam and Jack are married ...I'm not too happy with that obviously because well I like to see Sam and Jack together on screen but it will have to do .

I have now decided not to buy season 7 , 8 and 9 and whatever ...because I want to show that I'm a disappointed shipper fan no matter what and no matter what happens ..just because I like visual impact . I need to see ship more than hearing it only . Hearing it only is I think a very lazy way to resolve a ship that the production has started .

Sam_o_Neill
August 1st, 2005, 05:30 AM
I can come back!!
I've been staying away until I was able to watch Origin because I didn't want to read and details about the episode but now i've watched it I don't know why I bothered :(
I can't believe that is all we get to see of Jack! We only know of those eps that he is in for sure and we get that! It didn't seem like Jack at all :S The storyline was ok I guess and Vala, Daniel and Mitchell are still keeping at least a bit happy....I just can't wait till sam comes back, hopefully she will bring back the old stargate feel to it..
This ep get 3/10 for me..not good.

I need some of ship nana's cookies..*Runs off to the Bakery*

LOL4JACK
August 1st, 2005, 06:17 AM
Hey guys... thanks for inviting me into the Shipper family. I'm a major shipper and since I've got hold of all the DVDs of all seasons (except 8), I have been watching it again & again just to see the interaction between Jack & Sam. So touching and sometimes I just want to hit them in the head & make them tell what they feel for each other openly... So many chances yet no conclusion. :(

I was so pissed off when Jack was made General and was not part of SG-1 because that made him less into the show and less scenes with Sam. I only watched Season 8 for the scenes between both of them. And Season 9 is SO going to be a disappointment for me (already is from the episodes so far). Ok.. that's what I feel so far. Now for the spoilers about Jack & Sam or whatever I could pick up from all the spoilers I have read so far. :cool:

(....)
Apparently Jack is supposed to come as guest starring in some episodes. I think he might be coming in the episode "Ripple Effect" in Season 9 since it is commented that someone we love and miss will appear in that episode. So I'm so hoping it would be him. And since Sam will be back in the team at that time and IS AVAILABLE, I think we will see some shipping and some sailing (or fishing) in that episode. But this is just an assumption and all the writers have mentioned that it is the best storyline they have come up with afer "Window of Opportunity". So I think it was a hint towards Jack & Sam. Or atleast I'm hoping it is. :D
((((((((PLAGUE)))))))))

I love the way you thinkk... I ask Joe maybe a month ago if the Ripple Efect was something similiar to WOO, it was a time where he was answering almost any question and he did not answer this one... so I took it as he could not answer. LOVE your idea of the guest star!!!! squeeeeeee!!!!!

PS: When wanting to use spoiler, use the spoiler tags, write [*spoiler] spoil and write as much as you want [*/spoiler], just take the * out of the brackets and voila! if you want to check out that you did it right go to the advance options and preview your changes, good luck!

Zoser
August 1st, 2005, 06:27 AM

waterfall

I like your thinking but...
Are you saying our boy has no stamina?

LOL4JACK
August 1st, 2005, 06:33 AM
I also think they are married otherwise "Threads" makes no sense at all ..SG1 didn't exist anymore after Moebius ..They all went their own way ..We know that Sam went to care for Cassie in Avalon 1 but really time has passed between Moebius and Avalon ..I think Sam and jack were together , got married and are now a couple ..but an established couple ..which means RST big time ...T

...herefore we won't see RST on screen and Tptb will allow Sam /Jack or somebody else to mention they are married along the line in one episode . ..but we won't see anything Sam and Jack ship related on screen anymore ...

...Sam and Jack ship is not a story line for season 9 ..so we'll hear they are happy together and well for the anti-shippers it won't matter because they won't see them on screen together kissing or anything like that ..

...I think if we see them on screen in the future , they will behave like 2 friends talking about work ..I don't think TPTB will let us see anything romantic . Jack may call her " Mrs O'Neill" ..this is probably what TPTB has in mind . The big honking kiss will never happen but we'll definately know that they are married ...That's all .

Caty, it's exactly what I feel and know, they are toghether, otherwise the last ep of S8 where totally pointless, I'm not annoyed to see no ship in S9 because RDA is not around, I'm sure we will see some reference.

I like S9, but I like it as a new show, it is not the SG-1 of the past 8 years, I'm also waiting for AT return to see what the dynamic is, right now TPTB do not have it eas:
- A mayor character left
- All previous storylines have been closed
- Introducing new characters and stories
- Another mayor character not returning unitl ep6

It takes some time for new shows to have everything fall into place, although one of the strongest points that this show had is that we saw that from ep 1 in S1, but not every show is that lucky.

My dissapointed of Origins comes from RDA appearance, it was pointless, bad scene, Jack was not Jack, even the jokes had no point:

- Daniel: I'm scared
- Jack: I'm hungry
- Daniel: OK

Jack O'Neill, deserved better, the fans deserved better and that is definitely dissapointing, so as Mel is proposing we are having a wake!

LOL4JACK
August 1st, 2005, 06:41 AM
I like your thinking but...
Are you saying our boy has no stamina?
Hmmm, I don't think that could be... but we all now what Sam has in her :D

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y219/cmb1009/brocadivide128_jpg.jpg

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y219/cmb1009/brocadivide127_jpg.jpg

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y219/cmb1009/brocadivide126_jpg.jpg

Poor Jack :o

Zoser
August 1st, 2005, 06:42 AM
Alas, did I hear the Shipper TownRollercoaster mentioned? Slowly I turn. Step, by step.....

Everybody buckle up cause here we go AGAIN!!!

http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/7/7_2_111.gif
Roller coasters have always made me queasy.
I'll hold the hats and glasses till the ride is over.

Zoser
August 1st, 2005, 06:52 AM
Hey, I'm not close, but I'll come down from NY to help with the sponge bath! http://webpages.charter.net/connectingzone/naughty/26.gif

ship sistah :p
Pick me up on the way down and we can plan out some physical therapy for Jack. He may need a good massage after his bath. Any volunteers?

Rogue
August 1st, 2005, 06:55 AM
Pick me up on the way down and we can plan out some physical therapy for Jack. He may need a good massage after his bath. Any volunteers?

Hey, I got the shipper bus!

Zoser
August 1st, 2005, 06:57 AM

(....)

I wouldn't bet the rent on it. It will probably be Jacob or Janet or if TIIC are being particularly sadistic oma

Rogue
August 1st, 2005, 07:02 AM
I wouldn't bet the rent on it. It will probably be Jacob or Janet or if TIIC are being particularly sadistic oma

Thats my bet. When I first read the spoilers for Ripple Effect, I thought Janet.

Zoser
August 1st, 2005, 07:03 AM
Hmmm, I don't think that could be... but we all now what Sam has in her :D

[url]http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y219/cmb1009/brocadivide128_jpg.jpg[/IMG]

[url]http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y219/cmb1009/brocadivide127_jpg.jpg[/IMG]

[url]http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y219/cmb1009/brocadivide126_jpg.jpg[/IMG]

Poor Jack :o
Yes, I guess that could wear that 'poor man' (in Daniel's words) to a nub.
We should send Jack some virtual vitamins.

Catysg1
August 1st, 2005, 07:06 AM
Caty, it's exactly what I feel and know, they are toghether, otherwise the last ep of S8 where totally pointless, I'm not annoyed to see no ship in S9 because RDA is not around, I'm sure we will see some reference.

I like S9, but I like it as a new show, it is not the SG-1 of the past 8 years, I'm also waiting for AT return to see what the dynamic is, right now TPTB do not have it eas:
- A mayor character left
- All previous storylines have been closed
- Introducing new characters and stories
- Another mayor character not returning unitl ep6

It takes some time for new shows to have everything fall into place, although one of the strongest points that this show had is that we saw that from ep 1 in S1, but not every show is that lucky.

My dissapointed of Origins comes from RDA appearance, it was pointless, bad scene, Jack was not Jack, even the jokes had no point:

- Daniel: I'm scared
- Jack: I'm hungry
- Daniel: OK

Jack O'Neill, deserved better, the fans deserved better and that is definitely dissapointing, so as Mel is proposing we are having a wake!

After those lines RDA must be wondering why he was needed in Origins :rolleyes:

I agree ..what a waste of his time but like somebody else said ...Everybody watched so it was not a waste of time for TPTB ..they increased the ratings because RDA was around .
I'm sure the ratings will go down in the next few weeks because no RDA and no AT ..I hope so ..Also the shippers know there won't be any references to Sam and Jack ship for another 5 weeks .
A lot of Farscape fans will have to watch the show to make it good in ratings .

As for a beloved member coming back in season 9 .I don't think Joe meant RDA ..but I heard that CJ may be writing an episode and Janet would be in there ..so I bet for Janet ...and I would prefer Janet ..because I guess her part will be meaningful ... I don't think tptb has any intentions to have scenes with Sam and Jack together on a romantic level ...season 9 has nothing to do with Sam and Jack ship :( ..their scene was in Threads and we may see them standing together right at the end of the series whenever that is ..season 9 or season 10 ..I hope for season 9 .

Zoser
August 1st, 2005, 07:08 AM
Hey, I got the shipper bus!
All aboard. Who's going to bring the massage oils.
I've already got the large economy bottle of Vitamin E

Catysg1
August 1st, 2005, 07:14 AM
Thats my bet. When I first read the spoilers for Ripple Effect, I thought Janet.

I agree ..looks like ripple effect is AU .. ..or distortion of time ..where you could be send to another place in time ..so I think the beloved character is Janet ...I would love it to be Jacob as well but I think Jacob is gone gone ...because we knew he was a plot for the Samand Jack ship too ..As the Sam and Jack ship is no part of season 9 storyline ...they won't bring Jacob either :(.....It could be Cassie too considering Sam went to spend some time with her ..but then again I don't think so ..because the new fans won't understand who she is and it would be too long to explain again ..Janet on the other hand would be easy to explain ..a doctor killed in action ...but coming back in time travel and may be see her with Sam. I would love to see a Janet scene in ripple effect ..that would be great .

Catysg1
August 1st, 2005, 07:16 AM

I'll bring the wedding photo album :)

Ship Nana
August 1st, 2005, 07:22 AM

I volunteer to help Jack with his Horizontal excercies!

It's a tough job, but hey, someone has to do it! LOL ;) ;)

MartoufMarty
August 1st, 2005, 07:35 AM
Table sized????

Well, I'm used to the table sized version.

My aunty and uncle in BC (one of a few aunties and uncles over there) have a table sized one. Me and my sister were having so much fun playing it when we were over in BC a few years ago.

And also alot of fun getting little holes in the wall--I mean, playing with the dart-board... :P

girlgater
August 1st, 2005, 07:36 AM
Hi everyone:

In reading previous posts, I tend to believe that the character coming back in Ripple Effect is Janet. I'd love to see her back--if only briefly as it still bothers me that she was killed. In terms of Jack returning (as he is a beloved character), I'm hoping that they will do something at the end of the season with Jack/Sam together--if it is nothing more than a phone coversation, or either party mentioning the other. I'm not greedy; at this point when we've had nothing--anything would be better!

Take care everyone.

MartoufMarty
August 1st, 2005, 07:38 AM
*retraces her steps back to her last post*

... That was about four pages back!

You guys talk alot...

I would have caught up sooner but I was busy making a vid all yesterday and then sleeping :P

You guys may be happy to know that I have an idea for a Sam/Jack vid (really dark and serious)... but may not be happy to know that I have no clue when I'm going to make it... I gotta get a crap load of episodes on my computer and my hard drive can't really handle much more.

But, I do have a job and just got by second paycheck of $414.77 so I do have more than enough money to get a 300gb hard-drive :P

So um... we'll see what happens.

... Anyone interested in an Alias vid? It's Sark kicking alot of ass :P

LOL4JACK
August 1st, 2005, 07:58 AM

I'll bring the oils!!! I have Eucalyptus, Lavender and Passion Fruit!!! (oops maybe should leave that one at home :D)

Catysg1
August 1st, 2005, 08:20 AM
I volunteer to help Jack with his Horizontal excercies!

It's a tough job, but hey, someone has to do it! LOL ;) ;)

Really !! just horizontal !!! ;) Vertical could be passionate too :)

trupi
August 1st, 2005, 08:28 AM

I think you guys are reading too many Meimei fanfic! ;) They are just great! IcedHeat is very good also! What about certain #, that can be lots of fun.

Catysg1
August 1st, 2005, 08:53 AM
I think you guys are reading too many Meimei fanfic! ;) They are just great! IcedHeat is very good also! What about certain #, that can be lots of fun.

Me , didn't read Meimei fanfic :( I wish I could but no time :o
Just my imagination running wild :)

Shipnana will take care of Jack if Sam is too far away :D

SG1Poz
August 1st, 2005, 09:08 AM
Hi Ya! I've been reading (lurking) a while and I have to get something off my chest (unless it's RDA ;) ).

First, Ripple Effect sounds like a title for an AU episode. After suffering through MOBY DICK! I don't think I can stand to watch another one of their AU eps.
Do you really want to see an AU Janet knowing she's not real and won't be back in RL in future episodes? I also wonder if they'll just tease us again with another Sam and Jack AU scene. I just don't trust TPTB anymore.
I'm trying to live up to my moniker but all I see is TPTB throwing negativity at the shippers (Joe Mallozzi's latest blog, http://gateworld.net/blogs/jmallozzi/index.shtml). Don't they see the Shipper numbers here at GW verses any other thread?

((((((Ship Nana!! ))))) Hi there:) May I please have a few cookies to brighten my shippy spirits?

Poz

Zoser
August 1st, 2005, 10:00 AM
I'll bring the oils!!! I have Eucalyptus, Lavender and Passion Fruit!!! (oops maybe should leave that one at home :D)
No, no, no - we need all the Passion fruit we can get. ;)

sg-1fanintn
August 1st, 2005, 11:02 AM
I only wish the ship had been resolved in season 8. If RDA was still wholly part of the show I wouldn't really care about a resolution, as long as we had more hug scenes... But now he's gone, at least partly, and it's like they've left the storyline to fade away without a proper finish.

But I do keep reminding myself to look at what we have as opposed to what we're missing! I.e. Heroes and D&C. :D
Exactly! If they had really, definitively resolved the ship with no doubts left as to their relationship, I'd be much more open to the changes and new characters. In fact, I'd probably be fairly satisfied and much more understanding of the need for the changes. And if they had resolved it and moved on, how mad could the anti-Sam & Jack people be? Wouldn't they just calm down (like we're expected to) once the storyline went elsewhere? I think so. Ultimately, there would be no harm done.

On a happier note, Silver, I read your story, A Welcomed Visit, for my bedtime story last night. It was wonderful!!!!! Please write more!

Hey all!

*reaches for pain relief*

Are there any special shipper hangover cures????

Anywho...

Ripple Effect is very close the episode ten, which Leanne (misstweedledee) heard was the ep in which the ship is confirmed...
The fact that RDA *may* be in that episode is for me, very encouraging...
Also...Beau Bridges recently said that RDA's role is diminished, but that he hasn't actually left the show altogether... So...There is hope

Shippers - Making clutching at straws an Art Form!
So funny, sueKay! I hope Jack is in Ripple Effect, but you know, we've also speculated that the ep might involve Janet and/or Jacob. I'd love to see any of them, but Jack most of all! And I too was encouraged by Beau's remarks. It sounds a little better than what others have been saying, although I expect most of his "appearances" will be the phone calls to which AT alluded at Comic Con.

That's all my time for lunch hour check-in! Back this evening from home!

Gatetrixer
August 1st, 2005, 11:06 AM
ok .... where to find the .........
.. on the lower right hand of a post there is QUOTE and QR
...click on one of them and it will take you post with the links
....if the post had a picture, the picture link would be manifested by .........
.....delete only the & and the picture becomes a link when you repost the message attached with your own personal comments.

You can try it on this post....
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v205/FilBrit1/sg1/PDVD_014.jpg

Okay, here goes.

sueKay
August 1st, 2005, 11:20 AM
Hello shippers

I've had a crappy day, so expect lots of of snark.

I sincerely doubt It'll be Janet

When I met Teryl last November, she told me that she hadn't even been back to visit, and she actually sounded quite bitter about the whole thing, and that's very understandeable.

My thoughts are...Jack or Jacob...or it could be fun to have both! And both actors have hinted at possible appearances!

trupi
August 1st, 2005, 11:22 AM
Okay, here goes.

In the August SciFi magazine they say if you have comments or questions about their programming you can send a email to [email protected]

Gatetrixer
August 1st, 2005, 12:00 PM
Hi Ya! I've been reading (lurking) a while and I have to get something off my chest (unless it's RDA ;) ).

First, Ripple Effect sounds like a title for an AU episode. After suffering through MOBY DICK! I don't think I can stand to watch another one of their AU eps.
Do you really want to see an AU Janet knowing she's not real and won't be back in RL in future episodes? I also wonder if they'll just tease us again with another Sam and Jack AU scene. I just don't trust TPTB anymore.
I'm trying to live up to my moniker but all I see is TPTB throwing negativity at the shippers (Joe Mallozzi's latest blog, http://gateworld.net/blogs/jmallozzi/index.shtml). Don't they see the Shipper numbers here at GW verses any other thread?

((((((Ship Nana!! ))))) Hi there:) May I please have a few cookies to brighten my shippy spirits?

Poz

Well, there is the Anti-Season 9 thread. As far as the number of shippers, there are tons of them who do not even come to GW. You only have to read the reviews of fans for Sam/Jack fanfic. And then there are the shippers who don't get on the Internet for whatever reason.

Ship Nana
August 1st, 2005, 12:20 PM

Oh Caty, I was trying not to be tooooo greedy and leave a little something for others! ;) ;)

Ship Nana
August 1st, 2005, 12:26 PM
Hi everyone:

In reading previous posts, I tend to believe that the character coming back in Ripple Effect is Janet. I'd love to see her back--if only briefly as it still bothers me that she was killed. In terms of Jack returning (as he is a beloved character), I'm hoping that they will do something at the end of the season with Jack/Sam together--if it is nothing more than a phone coversation, or either party mentioning the other. I'm not greedy; at this point when we've had nothing--anything would be better!

Take care everyone.

I think that you are on to something and are probably correct in your analysis as it makes total sense. Not to mention the fact that it sounds just like something that TPTB would do to increase ratings.

sueKay
August 1st, 2005, 12:26 PM
Horizontal...Vertical...

how about an 'attack' on all angles :P:P

SamCarterONeill
August 1st, 2005, 12:27 PM
Omg guys I'm getting pretty annoyed.... i, as a shipper, keep looking forward to episodes where there MIGHT be ship and it always ends up that there is none! Grrrr...

Ship Nana
August 1st, 2005, 12:28 PM
Me , didn't read Meimei fanfic :( I wish I could but not time :o
Just my imagination running wild :)

Shipnana will take care of Jack if Sam is too far away :D

As the saying goes, if you snooze you lose!

No really, I'm just keeping Jack in condition for when he and his one true love, Sam finally get together. Right? I said, RIGHT?

So you could say that I'm doing Sam a favor, yeah, that's the ticket, I'm doing her a favor. Anyway, that's my story and I'm sticking to it! :D

sueKay
August 1st, 2005, 12:35 PM
((((SamCarterO'Neill))))

Pull up a beanbag and join us...we feel the exact same way.

Hope you stick around this time :P

As far as I'm concerned...SG1 finished with Threads, and season nine is another show with cameos from SG1

Ship Nana
August 1st, 2005, 12:38 PM
Omg guys I'm getting pretty annoyed.... i, as a shipper, keep looking forward to episodes where there MIGHT be ship and it always ends up that there is none! Grrrr...

Yes, well I've made a decision on how to handle all of this.

I'm just gonna tape each new episode then come to this thread, check out everyone's thoughts on it and whether there is ship or not and then if there is I'll watch that ep. If there isn't any, then I will just happily tape over it!

SG1Poz
August 1st, 2005, 12:50 PM
Well, there is the Anti-Season 9 thread. As far as the number of shippers, there are tons of them who do not even come to GW. You only have to read the reviews of fans for Sam/Jack fanfic. And then there are the shippers who don't get on the Internet for whatever reason.

I agree that there are both shippers and non shippers who do not even possess a computer. I also have been lurking at the Anti-Season 9 thread but I was here when my bubble burst and I had to release:).
I just ask..pulleeze!... that TPTB stop with the AU's and give us something we can sink our teeth into and not get indigestion afterwards. Hmm, I'm hungry.
I will continue to watch, hoping that as in the past, the episodes get better.
How's that for a 'positive" statement? http://forum.gateworld.net/images/gw_icons/icon10.gif

Poz

SamCarterONeill
August 1st, 2005, 12:51 PM
((((SamCarterO'Neill))))

As far as I'm concerned...SG1 finished with Threads, and season nine is another show with cameos from SG1

((((((((sueKay)))))))) *nods* i completely AGREE!

SamCarterONeill
August 1st, 2005, 12:53 PM

I'm just gonna tape each new episode then come to this thread, check out everyone's thoughts on it and whether there is ship or not and then if there is I'll watch that ep. If there isn't any, then I will just happily tape over it!

LOL great idea, Ship Nana! I'm taking a similar approach... mine consists of a blank tape in the VCR and quick reflexes :D

Cathain Nottingham
August 1st, 2005, 01:25 PM
((((SamCarterO'Neill))))

Wow really? I don't know...I mean I suppose that from a military POV I can see the change that goes on during season nine.

Catysg1
August 1st, 2005, 01:52 PM
Horizontal...Vertical...

how about an 'attack' on all angles :P:P

A soft one though ;) Don't want him bruised when he returns to Sam and no love bites either :p

Rogue
August 1st, 2005, 01:53 PM

I still hadn't watched Origin yet. Got it recorded on my DVR. I caught the last 5 min. with RDA and was really disappointed. I think I was more disappointed in the fact there was no explaination for his departure or SG-1 breaking up. Are we suppose to use our imagination for that too? Why bother watching the show, just make up your own.

ChevronSeven
August 1st, 2005, 01:55 PM
I still hadn't watched Origin yet. Got it recorded on my DVR. I caught the last 5 min. with RDA and was really disappointed. I think I was more disappointed in the fact there was no explaination for his departure or SG-1 breaking up. Are we suppose to use our imagination for that too. Why bother watching the show, just make up your own.

I think we're supposed to make it up as we go along. There have been several questions asked to Joe (myself included) as to the "official" reason Jack left never being explained and he's not answered them. Whether or not he missed them (accidentially or purposefully) remains to be seen.

Token
August 1st, 2005, 01:55 PM

Poz
Poz, I just finished reading Joe's blog, and I didn't feel that he was talking about Shippers. Am I missing something? I read it twice. I thought he was talking about Daniel fans. :S

Catysg1
August 1st, 2005, 01:58 PM
Oh Caty, I was trying not to be tooooo greedy and leave a little something for others! ;) ;)

The others will understand and can share the cookies only ;)

SamCarterONeill
August 1st, 2005, 02:03 PM
...Are we suppose to use our imagination for that too? Why bother watching the show, just make up your own.

LMFAO!!!!!!!! ((((((((((Rogue))))))))))

Catysg1
August 1st, 2005, 02:04 PM
I still hadn't watched Origin yet. Got it recorded on my DVR. I caught the last 5 min. with RDA and was really disappointed. I think I was more disappointed in the fact there was no explaination for his departure or SG-1 breaking up. Are we suppose to use our imagination for that too? Why bother watching the show, just make up your own.

I agree with that .A series is supposed to show entertainment and most of all continuity in the storyline or mythology. Without that ..fans or viewers in general are lost ,confused , don't understand anything and well the ratings wil go down because everybody will get tired by making their own story in their head all the time . :rolleyes:

I don't have to make my own story when I watch Alias , Lost , CSI , X-files,JAG ..everything is explained pretty clearly so that we can follow the show and enjoy it .

SG1 NOW is another ball game ...The story has big holes and black ones :S
I wonder how the same tptb will handle SGA ..not much better I suppose !!!

Token
August 1st, 2005, 02:04 PM
Originally Posted by Rogue
I still hadn't watched Origin yet. Got it recorded on my DVR. I caught the last 5 min. with RDA and was really disappointed. I think I was more disappointed in the fact there was no
explaination for his departure or SG-1 breaking up. Are we suppose to use our imagination for that too. Why bother watching the show, just make up your own.

I think we're supposed to make it up as we go along. There have been several questions asked to Joe (myself included) as to the "official" reason Jack left never being explained and he's not answered them. Whether or not he missed them (accidentially or purposefully) remains to be seen.
I'm a little irked myself to put it mildly. What do viewers who aren't part of the online fandom think happened to SG-1? And isn't it true that unless it happens as part of the show then it doesn't become cannon? Joe will be continually asked about the backstory until I get an answer.

LOL4JACK
August 1st, 2005, 02:07 PM
Poz, I just finished reading Joe's blog, and I didn't feel that he was talking about Shippers. Am I missing something? I read it twice. I thought he was talking about Daniel fans. :S
I agree, I don't think he is talking about shippers at all... first, we have never used the words he has described nor given our opinion that way and 2nd... check out other threads... ;)

We love Joe...... (some days :p)

HailDorothy
August 1st, 2005, 02:10 PM
Just popping by to say I will be offline a few days as my pc needs to visit the doc. My CD drive is on the fritz! Darn! :(

So keep the Jack and Sam ship afloat. :D

ll miss my newest home here, but I will return! ;)

Hugs

Catysg1
August 1st, 2005, 02:15 PM
I'm a little irked myself to put it mildly. What do viewers who aren't part of the online fandom think happened to SG-1? And isn't it true that unless it happens as part of the show then it doesn't become cannon? Joe will be continually asked about the backstory until I get an answer.

Token :)

As far as I could read in another forum ( from another show) where I belong where fans over there were not fans of SG1 ..they didn't watch the show but they started to watch season 9 because BB, CB and Beau Bridge are in there . They even like the Vala /Daniel ship .

Just to say that the new SG1 seems to attract new fans ( too bad for the existing dedicated fans) ..who do not have a clue what SG1 was before ..For them Sg1 is ...Cameron , Daniel and Teal'c ...may be they undestood that Sam will be in there soon ..but all I know is they know about Sam and Jack because I post my videos over there ( I have a few shipper friends in that forums ..perhaps 4 or 5 ) The others do not watch my SG1 videos and don't care about Sam and Jack . To be honest they were all farscape fans .

I will try to see what they say a bit more about the new SG1 and will come back when I read their threads about season 9 (BB,CB and Beau ) this is how they called it .

Rogue
August 1st, 2005, 02:36 PM
Token :)

As far as I could read in another forum ( from another show) where I belong where fans over there were not fans of SG1 ..they didn't watch the show but they started to watch season 9 because BB, CB and Beau Bridge are in there . They even like the Vala /Daniel ship .

Just to say that the new SG1 seems to attract new fans ( too bad for the existing dedicated fans) ..who do not have a clue what SG1 was before ..For them Sg1 is ...Cameron , Daniel and Teal'c ...may be they undestood that Sam will be in there soon ..but all I know is they know about Sam and Jack because I post my videos over there ( I have a few shipper friends in that forums ..perhaps 4 or 5 ) The others do not watch my SG1 videos and don't care about Sam and Jack . To be honest they were all farscape fans .

I will try to see what they say a bit more about the new SG1 and will come back when I read their threads about season 9 (BB,CB and Beau ) this is how they called it .

You know thats ok for the new fans. But the SG-1 fans that have bought all the DVD sets, gone to the Cons, purchased items from their auctions, and watched the show for 8 years deserve better. How hard is it to put a one or two line explaination. If they wanted to start totally fresh they should have renamed the show.

SG1Poz
August 1st, 2005, 02:39 PM
Ok, I agree with you after re-reading it again. I do know that I'm not the only one who read that the wrong way. Hopefully they'll re-read his quote too. I'm just very emotional today. It would have been hubby and mine's 25th anniversary................'nough said...

Poz

trupi
August 1st, 2005, 02:49 PM
I thought I was the only one who didn't get what he was saying? Who was he
referring to and if he doesn't care what the fans think, why say that? I'm confused!

galaxy
August 1st, 2005, 02:51 PM
You know thats ok for the new fans. But the SG-1 fans that have bought all the DVD sets, gone to the Cons, purchased items from their auctions, and watched the show for 8 years deserve better. How hard is it to put a one or two line explaination. If they wanted to start totally fresh they should have renamed the show.

Well to be honest I can't imagine that they won't give any explanation...I mean they did alot of stupid things, but that would be insane....I'm quite sure, that we'll get an explanation in a few weeks..the question is just whether we'll like it or not. :S

Catysg1
August 1st, 2005, 02:55 PM

I agree 100 % and it's bad , bad and bad and I did mention it in the other forum that new SG1 was hard to swallow for the dedicated fans because of the Sam and Jack ship and the lack of resolution before going to something new . :rolleyes:

Catysg1
August 1st, 2005, 02:57 PM
Well to be honest I can't imagine that they won't give any explanation...I mean they did alot of stupid things, but that would be insane....I'm quite sure, that we'll get an explanation in a few weeks..the question is just whether we'll like it or not. :S

I think we'll get an aknowledgement of mariage between Sam and Jack but they are not part of the storyline in season 9 ...therefore we won't get anything else .

Catysg1
August 1st, 2005, 02:59 PM
I thought I was the only one who didn't get what he was saying? Who was he
referring to and if he doesn't care what the fans think, why say that? I'm confused!

Has Daniel got more fans than Jack ?!! I should not think so because Jack was the soul of the show .
I suppose Daniel will become the favourite now but I'm not that keen on Daniel myself since he came back from his ascension only because Jonas had to leave and I didn't like that .Jonas was great and should not have left the show ..and I prefered innocent Daniel from season 1 to 4 :)
Don't like him as he is now ..He thinks he knows too much and he does speak too fast and is not very verstile anymore .

trupi
August 1st, 2005, 03:08 PM
I think we'll get an aknowledgement of mariage between Sam and Jack but they are not part of the storyline in season 9 ...therefore we won't get anything else .

If they are now married , isn't Sam's character going to be writte differently then in previous seasons. Happily married people tend to act a certain way, especially recently married people. If they are away from their love one- forget it! You can't miss that!

Somnium
August 1st, 2005, 03:12 PM
Hi shippers am trying to stay in my happy place (as oppposed to RL), so am only taking note of the positive comments on this thread lol. Am holding out for even the mearest sidgen of ship, or even hints of ship (isnt imagination a wonderful thing :D ).

Have busted my toe today, so added to my already busted ankle, which is the other leg am in bad shape at the mo (fortunatley I have a high pain thresh hold). So RL sucks busted body parts and stressful day at work what more did a girl need than Silvas lil ship fic. THANKYOU you saved my sanity (and blood pressure).

So heres to choc chip cookies, choc fudge brownie flavour milkshake and a lovely shippy fic before. Guess whos gonna be dreaming sweet dreams tonight ;)

Catysg1
August 1st, 2005, 03:14 PM
If they are now married , isn't Sam's character going to be writte differently then in previous seasons. Happily married people tend to act a certain way, especially recently married people. If they are away from their love one- forget it! You can't miss that!

Speculations only about Sam's return to SG1 .

. I suppose it will be a bit clearer when Sam returns to SG1 ..She may be written differently and should be relatively happy even if she does not see Jack much .At least they are together and this is what matters .
I think writting Sam differently will be the only clue we get for a while ..plus a phone call ..and we'll get the acknowedgement of mariage later on just to surprise more than one fan.

Catysg1
August 1st, 2005, 03:14 PM
Ok, I agree with you after re-reading it again. I do know that I'm not the only one who read that the wrong way. Hopefully they'll re-read his quote too. I'm just very emotional today. It would have been hubby and mine's 25th anniversary................'nough said...

Poz

(((SG1Poz))) Being emotional is good ;)

Sam'sSister
August 1st, 2005, 03:17 PM
Transcript from ComicCon...Amanda answers question about Sam and Jack:

Questioner: And a lot of us loved Threads and Moebius; but we're wondering what's going on with Sam and Jack now.

(audience cheers)

Amanda: We talk on the phone. (audience laughs) You know it's actually uh very cleverly ambiguous...which um...Robert came up with this great way of sort of "Are they together/are they not/what's going on"...and we'll just leave it up to your imaginations for the time being. (audiences awwwws) And then we'll see what happens. (Amanda, who's been smiling the entire time, teases the audience with a different kind of smile) How's that for non-commital?

(audience laughs)

Questioner: Okay...thank you.

Download the clip here: http://www.powerpromoz.com/stargate/samcarter/at_samjack.mpg

:cool:

Oh, thanks so much for posting this! I was the one who asked that question and didn't get the notes as carefully written down as I'd have liked. She was so cute, wasn't she? And Brad (or was it Robert) was so funny commenting that they might have to go with a different "ship" this season...something like "there's some great rapport between her and Beau!"

For anyone who hasn't already seen it, I do have the entire write-up of my notes (certainly not a transcript, but as close as I can get to it) from the SG1 panel here: SG-1 Panel Notes and photos on PegasusGalaxy.com (http://www.pegasusgalaxy.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=1483)

trupi
August 1st, 2005, 03:18 PM
Hi shippers am trying to stay in my happy place (as oppposed to RL), so am only taking note of the positive comments on this thread lol. Am holding out for even the mearest sidgen of ship, or even hints of ship (isnt imagination a wonderful thing :D ).

Have busted my toe today, so added to my already busted ankle, which is the other leg am in bad shape at the mo (fortunatley I have a high pain thresh hold). So RL sucks busted body parts and stressful day at work what more did a girl need than Silvas lil ship fic. THANKYOU you saved my sanity (and blood pressure).

So heres to choc chip cookies, choc fudge brownie flavour milkshake and a lovely shippy fic before. Guess whos gonna be dreaming sweet dreams tonight ;)
Sorry, about your ankle and toe. My boss did the exact injuries also. Broke her left ankle then broke two toes on her right foot because of the crutches. Sit back , try to relax and read lots of Sam/Jack fanfics. That will keep your BP down! Feel better!

sueKay
August 1st, 2005, 03:26 PM
heya!

Read Joe's Blog...I think I know what forum it was...but I'm not saying...It's just one I came accross...

...rest asured it's not us!

((((Poz))))

Somnium!!!!! Welcome to my life! I stood on an electrical plug a week ago and still can't put my heel on the ground. Now, since I'm walking differently (ie. looking like a right idiot!) my whole lower leg is aching...it's so sore!

And one of the people I work with and absolutely hate, is getting promoted over me because she's older, and I might be leaving.

Gr! Not fair!

So I'm remaining in my happy place for the time being...I have my blog to vent!

galaxy
August 1st, 2005, 03:27 PM

You think? Really?
Hmmm.. don't know...I can't imagine TPTB would let them be married. LOL
They didn't even let them really kiss! :D
And - believe it or not - a marriage seems kinda rushed to me. Not sure if I would like that.
(what a lousy shipper I am! :o ) I mean I know they already know each other for 8 years, but that is not the same as having a relationship with someone...so I wouldn't like that. (please don't slap me for that, shippers!)
I think we'll get one or two scenes where they indicate that they are together (but not too obvious, so that it could be intepreted differently) and maybe, if we are lucky enough, we'll get one shippy scene at the end of the season and that's it.
That's my theory concerning this topic, but who knows... :rolleyes:

ses110
August 1st, 2005, 03:29 PM
Rogue TPTB want us to do all the work.TPTB are too busy with both Shows to explain a little thing like Sam and Jack not being at the SGC.Soon TPTB will stop airing SG-1 episodes and give out all the information on the Show on Gateworld.

SNY
August 1st, 2005, 03:32 PM
Hey shippy family! :D:D:D

Well, after a long time without a shippy vid, here we have a new one!. This vid is a trailer for a fantastic and wonderful serie of fanfics. Interlude writing by Ruth M. King, Jo. R and Fairygnomes and you can read it here:

Interlude (fanfics) (http://www.fairygnomes.com/interludemain.htm)

http://www.snyart.com/vids/img/interlude.jpg

Interlude Trailer (http://www.snyart.com/vids/interlude_trailer_best.zip)

Music: Come see the Paradise Soundtrack by Randy Edelman
Spoilers: Seasons 8
Size: 15.17 MB

There will be a new vid in a week or two. It'll one of my best vid (in my opinion). If you like my "Abyss Tribute" vid you will love my "Hidden Truth - Grace Tribute". It's my "shippy point of view" about that ep. It has been a hard work editing the whole ep. It last at the end just 5 minutes with all the best dialogues... and of course the best shippy scenes! :):):)

Enjoy!

SNY ^__^

trupi
August 1st, 2005, 03:35 PM
And Brad (or was it Robert) was so funny commenting that they might have to go with a different "ship" this season...something like "there's some great rapport between her and Beau!"
I hope you are kidding! A ship between AT and Beau Bridges, talk about kissing your way through the ranks. How can that be, isn't that also the breaking regs!

sueKay
August 1st, 2005, 03:38 PM
I don't want Sam and Jack to get married right now...It'd be nice if some of the phonecalls are talking about the possibility of marriage.

eg

Sam sitting in her lab. She's playing with some doohickey. Suddenly the phone begins to ring.

Sam hurriedly gets up to answer.

Sam: Hello? Hey Jack...Nothing much. Landry's put us on downtime...You...same old? Well when are you coming through to see me and the team? At the weekend? Mmm...I suppose I could clear my schedule...Anyway...I think I've spotted the perfect cake...yeah yeah..I know I said that last time I phoned...But this one's nice...lots of icing...we need to arrange the caterers meeting pronto!

Daniel walks in, a way in a world of his own. Sam doesn't notice him.

Sam: You gotta go...I'll phone you tonight...We'll start off where we finished last night...Love you too.

Sam puts the phone down. She turns round and sees a rather sheepish Daniel.

Daniel: Loveyoutoo? Jack?

Sam: Yeah...you didn't think I'd turn down a chance to be back on the team just for a job at Area 51!

Just some wishful thinking ;)

waterfall
August 1st, 2005, 03:38 PM

Just a few things she said (I can't remember exactly) and just my feelings on the subject...that and that's just the way that TPTB operate by just skimming the really good stuff.
I think that I'll email her and invite her here.
Hopefully she'll come.

waterfall

Somnium
August 1st, 2005, 03:49 PM
I don't want Sam and Jack to get married right now...It'd be nice if some of the phonecalls are talking about the possibility of marriage.

eg

Sam sitting in her lab. She's playing with some doohickey. Suddenly the phone begins to ring.

Sam: Hello? Hey Jack...Nothing much. Landry's put us on downtime...You...same old? Well when are you coming through to see me and the team? At the weekend? Mmm...I suppose I could clear my schedule...Anyway...I think I've spotted the perfect cake...yeah yeah..I know I said that last time I phoned...But this one's nice...lots of icing...we need to arrange the caterers meeting pronto!

Sam: You gotta go...I'll phone you tonight...We'll start off where we finished last night...Love you too.

Sam: Yeah...you didn't think I'd turn down a chance to be back on the team just for a job at Area 51!

((((SueKay)))) sorry to here about your mishap I totally sympathise. Any how I totally love your way of thinking, It would be such a shame to miss out on the wedding.

LOL4JACK
August 1st, 2005, 03:53 PM
Speculations only about Sam's return to SG1 .

. I suppose it will be a bit clearer when Sam returns to SG1 ..She may be written differently and should be relatively happy even if she does not see Jack much .At least they are together and this is what matters .
I think writting Sam differently will be the only clue we get for a while ..plus a phone call ..and we'll get the acknowedgement of mariage later on just to surprise more than one fan.

Caty, are you having some inside scoop? or are you a member of the "DeLuise" family :D, there seem to be a lot of them around Stargate :p

Or maybe Waterfall's friend? is she a "DeLuise" :D

rolleson
August 1st, 2005, 03:58 PM

eg

I like that idea. Espcially

We'll start off where we finished last night...Love you too.

Somnium
August 1st, 2005, 04:04 PM
Hey shippy family! :D:D:D

Well, after a long time without a shippy vid, here we have a new one!. This vid is a trailer for a fantastic and wonderful serie of fanfics. Interlude writing by Ruth M. King, Jo. R and Fairygnomes and you can read it here:

Interlude (fanfics) (http://www.fairygnomes.com/interludemain.htm)

http://www.snyart.com/vids/img/interlude.jpg

Interlude Trailer (http://www.snyart.com/vids/interlude_trailer_best.zip)

Music: Come see the Paradise Soundtrack by Randy Edelman
Spoilers: Seasons 8
Size: 15.17 MB

There will be a new vid in a week or two. It'll one of my best vid (in my opinion). If you like my "Abyss Tribute" vid you will love my "Hidden Truth - Grace Tribute". It's my "shippy point of view" about that ep. It has been a hard work editing the whole ep. It last at the end just 5 minutes with all the best dialogues... and of course the best shippy scenes! :):):)

Enjoy!

SNY ^__^

Another Fantastic Vid SNY cant wait to read the fic to go with it. Looking forward to the next vid aswell. Was wondering where you get your music from its always so stirring and emotional I love it. Keep up the outstanding work :D

TameFarrar
August 1st, 2005, 04:14 PM
I am popping in because of The wonderful Fabulous FHB ((((((((((((Everyone))))))))))))

Thank you so very much for your hugs and warm thoughts :)....... This last month has been very hard on the family and the next week will continue to be so....so I thank each and everyone of you for being there with the jokes, the smiles and the HUGS!!!

It is nice to find my smile here even when I can't return the gift in full form yet.... Thank you very very very much from the bottom of my heart!!! :) :D

waterfall
August 1st, 2005, 04:14 PM
I agree that there are both shippers and non shippers who do not even possess a computer. I also have been lurking at the Anti-Season 9 thread but I was here when my bubble burst and I had to release:).
I just ask..pulleeze!... that TPTB stop with the AU's and give us something we can sink our teeth into and not get indigestion afterwards. Hmm, I'm hungry.
How's that for a 'positive" statement? http://forum.gateworld.net/images/gw_icons/icon10.gif

Poz
I know how to find about views on ship for non-electronic people!
Just walk around your town with a Stargate SG-1 shirt on and see how many people comment on it.
I work in a resteraunt and have to be subtle about my Stargate obsession while at work.I just wear my Stargate necklace that I bought at the last con I went to.
I use it as my conversation starter and you'd be surprised how many people actually recognize and comment on it, and I always ask what their views are on S/J ship.
I have actually done this and only 2 people out of about 100 I've asked have had negative views on S/J ship.
How's that for scientific??? :D

waterfall

sugarshaker
August 1st, 2005, 04:22 PM
((((((shippers))))))

Is anyone besides LOL4JACK, trupi and me going to the NJ con this weekend at the Meadowlands? If you are please PM me. We're going to have a blast! :D

sueKay
August 1st, 2005, 04:26 PM
(((((((((((Tame))))))))))))

Hope everything gets better soon...If you need to talk, just drop me a PM.

Waterfall - In Scotland sci fi's an iffy subject...if you like Star Trek, within a week everyone in the village and the nearest town know...(Example...someone I don't even know gave me the vulcan hand salute two days ago)

So...out of the people I've asked about Stargate...the responses have mainly been.

You watch that [email protected]?
I hate Sci Fi
What? Is that like Star Trek
Oh yeah...I watch that sometimes...the big alien guy's pretty hot.
Oh yeah...I watch that sometimes...the brainy blonde is pretty hot.
Is that that show that Macgyver's in now??

So nothing academic or intellectual...

apart from this response which I jotted down

"I never watch that show...not since they killed Jonas...I mean he was there and then he was gone...I think they got rid of the actor...Jack's next on their list...they're evil"

Yeah...people in my area are kinda screwy and VERY scary!

dipsofjazz
:D Hi chums. Ive returned from playing at the jazz festival in Denmark. I thought about you all on the 28th, and wished I could be with you. :(

I spent a glorious five hours today reading through the 3rd Annual Ship Day thread, and I thoroughly enjoyed it. I was going to mention individual posters by name, but then I realized I would be listing practically the whole shipper family! :p Everyone contributed so much to the day, and every post was fun to read. What a talented family we have here, with all the pictures, videos, captions, polls, stories, and, of course, all the posts talking about our favourite couple.
Thanks must go to Sacme, our wonderful Ship Sistah, who works so hard to provide us with all our shipper goods. I must buy a new shipper mug as Ive cracked the one I am drinking out of as I speak (write!).

It was also fun to see some of the older members of the family return, and Id like to say hello to all the new members of the family who joined us on our special day.

Id also like to give lots and lots of hugs to Token for taking the time to post my poem and add the wonderful pictures to go with it. I know she spent a lot of time and energy working on it. :D

((((((((Token)))))))))

(((((((((((((((Shipper Family))))))))))))

blueiris
((((((shippers))))))

Is anyone besides LOL4JACK, trupi and me going to the NJ con this weekend at the Meadowlands? If you are please PM me. We're going to have a blast! :D
I wish, but not I. Have fun, though, all of you!

LOL4JACK
August 1st, 2005, 04:42 PM
:D Hi chums. Ive returned from playing at the jazz festival in Denmark. I thought about you all on the 28th, and wished I could be with you. :(

I spent a glorious five hours today reading through the 3rd Annual Ship Day thread, and I thoroughly enjoyed it. I was going to mention individual posters by name, but then I realized I would be listing practically the whole shipper family! :p Everyone contributed so much to the day, and every post was fun to read. What a talented family we have here, with all the pictures, videos, captions, polls, stories, and, of course, all the posts talking about our favourite couple.
Thanks must go to Sacme, our wonderful Ship Sistah, who works so hard to provide us with all our shipper goods. I must buy a new shipper mug as Ive cracked the one I am drinking out of as I speak (write!).

It was also fun to see some of the older members of the family return, and Id like to say hello to all the new members of the family who joined us on our special day.

Id also like to give lots and lots of hugs to Token for taking the time to post my poem and add the wonderful pictures to go with it. I know she spent a lot of time and energy working on it. :D

((((((((Token)))))))))

(((((((((((((((Shipper Family))))))))))))
WAVES*** Loved, loved, loved your poem....

Do you have it all together....?

Spooky, I was about to start a post... saying something similar.

I've been going thru the ship day thread and I can only say that I'm touched, it's amazing how big our family is and how they all come to share this special day.

So many people learning how to post pics... learning how to make videos, manips... everybody working on their little project for ship day or making it special enough to come back that day even though they have not had the chance to post often lately, being present even if they were absent.. I'm touched... it's hard to explain to my other friends what happens here... but this is my special place...

(((((((((Hugs)))))))))

waterfall
August 1st, 2005, 04:49 PM

Waterfall - In Scotland sci fi's an iffy subject...if you like Star Trek, within a week everyone in the village and the nearest town know...(Example...someone I don't even know gave me the vulcan hand salute two days ago)

So...out of the people I've asked about Stargate...the responses have mainly been.

I hate Sci Fi

"I never watch that show...not since they killed Jonas...I mean he was there and then he was gone...I think they got rid of the actor...Jack's next on their list...they're evil"

No wonder you like the internet sooo much.
Lucky for us. :D

waterfall

LOL4JACK
August 1st, 2005, 04:54 PM
((((((shippers))))))

Sugarshaker... Lynn is also coming... although I don't know, there was something about Trupi's naked husband... and Lynn.... do you think that's a secret code for Jack :D

MartoufMarty
August 1st, 2005, 05:06 PM
Anyone want to help me here?

I have an idea for a new Sam/Jack vid. Really dark, and serious...

The song is The Fragile by Nine Inch Nails.

http://letssingit.com/nine-inch-nails-the-fragile-16f9gqx.html

I was wondering if someone could help me compile a list of specific scenes that I would need.

Of course, I'd need Death Knell and Grace and... Metamorphosis, and Threads and Fire and Water and... stuff.

See? This is why I'm asking for help :P

I hope to do this vid after this Alias vid I'm doing right now but... depends if I get my list or not :P

Thanks in advance...

dipsofjazz
August 1st, 2005, 05:10 PM

Spooky, I was about to start a post... saying something similar.

I've been going thru the ship day thread and I can only say that I'm touched, it's amazing how big our family is and how they all come to share this special day.

So many people learning how to post pics... learning how to make videos, manips... everybody working on their little project for ship day or making it special enough to come back that day even though they have not had the chance to post often lately, being present even if they were absent.. I'm touched... it's hard to explain to my other friends what happens here... but this is my special place...

(((((((((Hugs)))))))))
:D I'm glad you liked the poem. I have it as one piece, but I'll see if Token can post it as she added a couple of verses to it.
This definitely is a special place! Thanks to the shipper thread I've been lucky enough to make so many friends from all over the world because of our love of the show and the ship. :D

Ship Nana
August 1st, 2005, 05:17 PM
I was just watching Stargate Monday night TV and I suddenly realized something.

I realized that another thing that I really MISS is Stargate episodes that makes me feel something. And I mean "F E E L S O M E T H I N G".

I was watching "Shadow Play" and here was a great story about a man who felt guilty for developing a weapon of mass destruction and how he wanted so badly to make things right and I felt something from the story. Even "The other guys" at least made you laugh. And look at "Heroes", what a story. Tell me that you didn't CRY watching that episode. Need I say more?!

There used to be so many stories where we actually FELT SOMETHING. They told a story worth telling and entertained us along the way with wonderful characters and of course SHIP.

What happened to those writers? The ones who use to write those wonderful stories? And write those stories and our beloved characters soooo well?

Just a thought.

sugarshaker
August 1st, 2005, 05:25 PM
Sugarshaker... Lynn is also coming... although I don't know, there was something about Trupi's naked husband... and Lynn.... do you think that's a secret code for Jack :D

Did you say naked Jack!?!?!?!?!?! I'll be there a day early. :D

trupi
August 1st, 2005, 05:25 PM
((((((shippers))))))

Lynn is also coming to the cabaret and Sunday! She said she's buying the drinks (one round)! I"ll buy the next! We're drink to the whole shipper family and Sam and Jack's real big smooch!

sugarshaker
August 1st, 2005, 05:28 PM

It was also fun to see some of the older members of the family return, and Id like to say hello to all the new members of the family who joined us on our special day

Bev I couldn't have said it better myself, so I'll steal yours. :p Thank you all for the shippiest day yet. :D ((((((((((shippers))))))))))

sugarshaker
August 1st, 2005, 05:33 PM
Lynn is also coming to the cabaret and Sunday! She said she's buying the drinks (one round)! I"ll buy the next! We're drink to the whole shipper family and Sam and Jack's real big smooch!

Once we drink to it, they HAVE to do it. :p See you Friday!

MartoufMarty
August 1st, 2005, 05:36 PM

I hate Sci Fi

I have gotten a couple people say 'You watch the crap?' and others saying 'oh, I don't like that show.'

And my one friend who watched it a bit here and there said to me, 'Daniel's hot. I don't really like the big guy that much.'

But then her parents got obsessed and she borrowed all the DVDs from me so she's a big fan now :P

Gatetrixer
August 1st, 2005, 06:08 PM

Poz
(((((SG1Poz))))
My point was (and I see others have since said the same) that he may not have been talking about this thread with reference to those who don't like S9 so far. However,I am baffled about his earlier mention of fans who didn't like SG-1 until this season, unless he means Farscapers. He was so evasive that I thought he was talking about people who watched SG-1 for 8 years without liking it and who would do that?

Two signs that the apocalypse is near: RDA/Jack's scenes in Origin and TVLand's dropping of the second daily showing of MacGyver episodes.

Buc252
August 1st, 2005, 06:40 PM
Has Daniel got more fans than Jack ?!! I should not think so because Jack was the soul of the show .
I suppose Daniel will become the favourite now but I'm not that keen on Daniel myself since he came back from his ascension only because Jonas had to leave and I didn't like that .Jonas was great and should not have left the show ..and I prefered innocent Daniel from season 1 to 4 :)
Don't like him as he is now ..He thinks he knows too much and he does speak too fast and is not very verstile anymore .

I agree 100%, Caty. I miss Jonas, and his being on is possibly the only thing that could get me watching S9. But certain very annoying PTB's won't even give him a chance! Instead, they make stupid, childish excuses when asked. It ticks me off!

As for Daniel, yes, he was okay until the end of S4. Even then, it was creeping in. (Remember when he didn't want them to tell Sam that Jack was sacrificing himself for her in D&C?)

Queen Eleta
August 1st, 2005, 06:55 PM
Just walk around your town with a Stargate SG-1 shirt on and see how many people comment on it.
I work in a resteraunt and have to be subtle about my Stargate obsession while at work.I just wear my Stargate necklace that I bought at the last con I went to.
I use it as my conversation starter and you'd be surprised how many people actually recognize and comment on it, and I always ask what their views are on S/J ship.
I have actually done this and only 2 people out of about 100 I've asked have had negative views on S/J ship.

waterfall

Ohhh, I want a Stargate necklace!!
I don't think I've asked a hundred people yet, but of the people I have asked, they were either shippers, or they just considered it part of the story, not negative or positive about it. One person did say that they honestly hadn't noticed the attraction, but he was like "Hey,that'd be a great idea!"
About comments and T-shirts, I wore my MST3K "Bite Me" t-shirt to a con last May and only two people recognized Crow. TWO!! at a CON!!! A lot of others asked what MST3K was though. I guess I'm at the fringe of the fringe....

SG1Poz
August 1st, 2005, 07:00 PM
I agree 100%, Caty. I miss Jonas, and his being on is possibly the only thing that could get me watching S9. But certain very annoying PTB's won't even give him a chance! Instead, they make stupid, childish excuses when asked. It ticks me off!

As for Daniel, yes, he was okay until the end of S4. Even then, it was creeping in. (Remember when he didn't want them to tell Sam that Jack was sacrificing himself for her in D&C?)

Hmmm, Now you have me thinking maybe Jonas is the much loved character returning in "Ripple Effect." That would make more sense. He's still alive as far as we know although again the title sounds like it may be another 'ack' AU episode.

Poz

nell
August 1st, 2005, 07:26 PM
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y209/cilljill/Evol-2_024W.jpg
One of my favorite "Real Time" Sam and Jack you-look-so-good-to-me smiles!!!
***Credit Mala50 for the "sweet" cap!!***

(((((Hi Shippers)))))

Seems like I'm at the tail end of conversations the past two nights. I scrolled through today's posts and I'm feeling a little dizzy. You see, throughout the posts there will be some hope for ship, a dash of doubt, a pinch of promise, a smattering of anguish, a dollop of desire, well, you get the picture. So, I find myself withholding my excitement for ship. Why be let down again? Post-traumatic Ship Disorder. Yep, that's what I got. I can't stop thinking about the recent disappointment and let down. I've been reading really good fanfic but then I look ahead to this Friday night and there will be no Jack. No Sam. Ya know what makes the fanfiction so good besides the obvious good writing, plots, and RST? The images of Sam and Jack while I read. Well, not one for wallowing in the negative, I will continue to read fanfics, watch music videos, and come visit my Shipper Friends for recharging myself during these lean Sam and Jack times. Hey, has anyone read Toulouse's Dancing on the Volcano? When you do, let me know. There are PG and Super Mature versions. Later!

majorsal
August 1st, 2005, 07:45 PM

joe was *not* talking about shippers here at gateworld in his blog. i know *exactly* who he was talking about, and i'll be glad to discuss it with you privately. (it's not this forum)

we might get irritated with joe not answering our questions directly, but he's a good guy and deserves respect. (i'm not talking about this thread in particular).

sally :)

majorsal
August 1st, 2005, 07:53 PM
((((SamCarterO'Neill))))

yes, this season *is* a new show. but a show that has sam returning, jack coming back at some time for appearances, and whether ship is on the back burner or not, it WILL come back. there's a LOT to be happy about! :D

scjon
August 1st, 2005, 07:54 PM
And - believe it or not - a marriage seems kinda rushed to me. Not sure if I would like that.
(what a lousy shipper I am! :o ) I mean I know they already know each other for 8 years, but that is not the same as having a relationship with someone...so I wouldn't like that. (please don't slap me for that, shippers!)
I think we'll get one or two scenes where they indicate that they are together (but not too obvious, so that it could be intepreted differently) and maybe, if we are lucky enough, we'll get one shippy scene at the end of the season and that's it.

I have to agree with you on this, Galaxy. Marriage would be a bit quick (unless a heck of a lot of time is meant to have passed between Moebius & Avalon ;) ). I too hope that there is at least some kind of acknowledgement that they are together (preferably on screen). It's not much after 8 years, but it is significant and a degree of the requisite resolution that we all deserve.

sg-1fanintn
August 1st, 2005, 08:16 PM
Round 43 of the Fave Episodes Tournament has begun. Show and Tell was eliminated in Round 42.

Divide & Conquer (the holy grail of J/S shippiness) has dropped further from the top, but without your continued support, will rise back to the top.

You can make a difference!. Please keep voting! Catch up on the tourney (and which eps have been eliminated so far) here: http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?p=4399852#post4399852

Be careful! If you accidentally vote for an ep that has already been eliminated, none of your votes will count in that round.

Sam and Jack thank you. I thank you!

nell
August 1st, 2005, 08:20 PM
yes, this season *is* a new show. but a show that has sam returning, jack coming back at some time for appearances, and whether ship is on the back burner or not, it WILL come back. there's a LOT to be happy about! :D

sally,
I love your avatar! Your outlook is enviable! I remember last year we were concerned about any possibility of ship and we got **Season 8** Threads and Moebius. I know, I know...it was alot at the end with no forewarning. Kind of like they dumped the ship out at the end but hey, ship is ship!!! But, it's different this season 9 Jack is gone except for some phone calls that Amanda said would be ambiguous. Hey, there's that negativity buzzing around me again. Swat! :rolleyes:

mad_gater
August 1st, 2005, 08:44 PM

I agree!!!! Daniel seems a little too self-centered for my taste...I blame TPTB and their crappy writing.

mad_gater
August 1st, 2005, 08:56 PM

mmmmm......chocolate.....

Sheesh! I think I've got a chocoholic Tok'ra in my head.....:P:D:P:D

mad_gater
August 1st, 2005, 09:00 PM
heya!

Read Joe's Blog...I think I know what forum it was...but I'm not saying...It's just one I came accross...

...rest asured it's not us!

((((Poz))))

Somnium!!!!! Welcome to my life! I stood on an electrical plug a week ago and still can't put my heel on the ground. Now, since I'm walking differently (ie. looking like a right idiot!) my whole lower leg is aching...it's so sore!

And one of the people I work with and absolutely hate, is getting promoted over me because she's older, and I might be leaving.

Gr! Not fair!

So I'm remaining in my happy place for the time being...I have my blog to vent!
If it's one thing I hate, it's favortism in the workplace!! That makes me mad!! :mad::mad:

(((((((((((((SK))))))))))))))

mad_gater
August 1st, 2005, 09:32 PM
I am popping in because of The wonderful Fabulous FHB ((((((((((((Everyone))))))))))))

Thank you so very much for your hugs and warm thoughts :)....... This last month has been very hard on the family and the next week will continue to be so....so I thank each and everyone of you for being there with the jokes, the smiles and the HUGS!!!

It is nice to find my smile here even when I can't return the gift in full form yet.... Thank you very very very much from the bottom of my heart!!! :) :D
*pounces, bowls over, and huggles the stuffing outta tame*

HIYA TAME!!!!!!!! Been awhile since you've popped in here!!!! :D:D

mad_gater
August 1st, 2005, 09:42 PM

(((((((((((((((((((((tame))))))))))))))))))))))))

hope everything turns out OK!

mad_gater
August 1st, 2005, 09:48 PM
:D I'm glad you liked the poem. I have it as one piece, but I'll see if Token can post it as she added a couple of verses to it.
This definitely is a special place! Thanks to the shipper thread I've been lucky enough to make so many friends from all over the world because of our love of the show and the ship. :D
((((((((((bev)))))))))))))

I just "watched" the latest SG-1 ep and:
Daniel/Vala scenes had way too much screentime.....Jack scene was lackluster.....only cool.....and creepy...thing was the Ori...IMO a very lackluster ep

melpomene
August 1st, 2005, 10:11 PM
I agree!!!! Daniel seems a little too self-centered for my taste...I blame TPTB and their crappy writing.

I loved Daniel second best from the beginning. -Jack was always first for me- But Daniel had gotten a bit arrogant it seems to me. I still love him, but he became a bit less endearing about the same time I was starting to notice how three-dimensional Sam's character was getting...And not Sam's my 2nd favorite. Which works fine when you're a shipper. I'd say Danny and T are tied.

sacme
August 2nd, 2005, 01:10 AM

I'll bring the Kama Su-- uh, ...massage therapy guide book.

ship sistah http://www.click-smilies.de/sammlung0304/engel/angel-smiley-021.gif

florence
August 2nd, 2005, 01:58 AM
You think? Really?

I agree with what you said. I don't think we'll get (if we ever get something... :rolleyes: ) very shippy scenes, like a wedding scene.
These are SG TPTB after all !
And I must confess that I wouldn't even like to watch a scene like that. That's not what I want to see when I think about Sam and Jack. What I want to see is S&J having a strong relationship and finally being able to act on it, that's all.
So I'm in for phone conversations and for one last scene showing without any doubt that they are together... but no wedding scene, sorry :o
(I don't even like these scenes in fics :o )

Plus like you said, a wedding would be a bit rushed. Working with someone for 8 years is not the same thing as 'living' with that person. And in S9 with Jack being in Washington and Sam being in Area 51 then in Colorado Springs, except for maybe some long weekends, they don't live together either.

Anyway, we won't know what will happen to our fav characters before the end of S9. I don't think we'll get a SJ resolution (as in a scene that shows without any doubt that Sam and Jack are together) before the very last minute of the show so if there's a 10th season... it doesn't seem very good for us :S

rolleson
August 2nd, 2005, 02:25 AM

I hate Sci Fi

It's kinda like that where I'm from in Wales, back when I lived there, everyone in my village, the next one and my school knew within about three days that my friend and I liked the X-files.

Catysg1
August 2nd, 2005, 03:44 AM
sally,
I love your avatar! Your outlook is enviable! I remember last year we were concerned about any possibility of ship and we got **Season 8** Threads and Moebius. I know, I know...it was alot at the end with no forewarning. Kind of like they dumped the ship out at the end but hey, ship is ship!!! But, it's different this season 9 Jack is gone except for some phone calls that Amanda said would be ambiguous. Hey, there's that negativity buzzing around me again. Swat! :rolleyes:

When you think about it Season 7 and 8 !! was about Sam and Jack on the side story but season 9 is not .The Sam and Jack ship is not part of the season 9 storyline ...therefore the ship if any will be light and probably resolved ...which means we won't see much . I think we'll see them standing together and smile at each other just for us but nothing else so that the new fans are wondering what this is all about .I would love Jack to say " Come on Mrs ..we have a lot of things to do" but tptb will probably never allow Jack to call her Mrs so ...well ..let's just expect a smile between the 2 of them
It is sad but the ship has been forgotten or at least resolved ( RST)and ...I bet we'll see Sam and Jack standing together as budies at the end .They'll be together probably married but won't give any signs of significance romance . :(

divcon
August 2nd, 2005, 03:44 AM
Hi guys, I'm baaaaaack! First of all I want to give Oma a HUGE public thank you for my new sig. :) :)

I loved Daniel second best from the beginning. -Jack was always first for me- But Daniel had gotten a bit arrogant it seems to me. I still love him, but he became a bit less endearing about the same time I was starting to notice how three-dimensional Sam's character was getting...And not Sam's my 2nd favorite. Which works fine when you're a shipper. I'd say Danny and T are tied.

I actually love the whole team but Jack was always my favourite. I also miss Jonas and wish that the writers would bring him back. He would make a great addition to the SGC again. :)

divcon
August 2nd, 2005, 03:48 AM
Ohhh, I want a Stargate necklace!!

Ohhhhh, me too, me too.

I bought my daughter a play set of heroglyghs(Is that spelt right?) and she jumped for joy saying "These are from Stargate" and promptly made a necklace with her name on it. She was so stoked that she wore it for days. :D

Catysg1
August 2nd, 2005, 03:51 AM
I agree with what you said. I don't think we'll get (if we ever get something... :rolleyes: ) very shippy scenes, like a wedding scene.
These are SG TPTB after all !
And I must confess that I wouldn't even like to watch a scene like that. That's not what I want to see when I think about Sam and Jack. What I want to see is S&J having a strong relationship and finally being able to act on it, that's all.
So I'm in for phone conversations and for one last scene showing without any doubt that they are together... but no wedding scene, sorry :o
(I don't even like these scenes in fics :o )

Plus like you said, a wedding would be a bit rushed. Working with someone for 8 years is not the same thing as 'living' with that person. And in S9 with Jack being in Washington and Sam being in Area 51 then in Colorado Springs, except for maybe some long weekends, they don't live together either.

Anyway, we won't know what will happen to our fav characters before the end of S9. I don't think we'll get a SJ resolution (as in a scene that shows without any doubt that Sam and Jack are together) before the very last minute of the show so if there's a 10th season... it doesn't seem very good for us :S

We'll never see a wedding ..not in sci fi except Farscape so far . As TPTB and their mind work ..I reckon they would have let Sam and Jack get married off screen in between Moebius and Avalon so that they get the UST out of the way ( remember they are men writing the show ..not good at continuity so they could not care less if it's too rushed or not as long the ship is over for them ..it's all good) ...and when Sam and Jack are together on screen again !!!( I wonder when)..then it would RST with a strong relationship but established which means no ship on screen but private .
Remember Sam and Jack ship is not a storyline of season 9 .... therefore bye to the ship on screen as obvious ...and even subtle :S

Catysg1
August 2nd, 2005, 03:57 AM
If they bring Jonas back , it will ease the pain of watching Cameron and Vala because Jonas was SG1 :)

Catysg1
August 2nd, 2005, 04:11 AM

I realized that another thing that I really MISS is Stargate episodes that makes me feel something. And I mean "F E E L S O M E T H I N G".

I was watching "Shadow Play" and here was a great story about a man who felt guilty for developing a weapon of mass destruction and how he wanted so badly to make things right and I felt something from the story. Even "The other guys" at least made you laugh. And look at "Heroes", what a story. Tell me that you didn't CRY watching that episode. Need I say more?!

There used to be so many stories where we actually FELT SOMETHING. They told a story worth telling and entertained us along the way with wonderful characters and of course SHIP.

What happened to those writers? The ones who use to write those wonderful stories? And write those stories and our beloved characters soooo well?

Just a thought.

Yes , I agree ..I really miss all those Tokra episodes with Jolinar and when Jacob ended up on that black evil planet and SG1 had to rescue him and they met Apophis who tortured them with nightmares to get some infos .
They were excellent episodes not like season 7 and 8 .

and I didn't cry when I watched Heroe ( I cried when I watched singularity though )....I didn't think it was that great ..My hubby thought the same too ..Hardly any action and the action we saw was weird . Let's say it's not an episode I would watch again ...same with the lost city..it was alright for me but nothing like the episodes of season 1 to season 6 . No new seasons will beat season 1 to season 6 ever ...this is probably why I haven't even bought season 7 in DVD :rolleyes: .

Oma-1
August 2nd, 2005, 04:18 AM

waterfall

Sounds good to me :D

A couple of months ago I was clothes shopping with the family when a man walked past my husband wearing a Sam Carter t-shirt. Hubby stopped him and made him turn around so I see his t-shirt. If I'd been in a store that sold men's clothes I'd have had that t-shirt off his back so quick he wouldn't have known what had hit him! (It was cold - I couldn't in all concience send the man off with nothing on :p - and my t-shirt wouldn't have fitted him :D ). He wasn't a shipper - but his wife was :D

It's a small world afterall :D

divcon
August 2nd, 2005, 04:33 AM
Oma, just tried to PM you but your message box must be full and it won't accept anymore. :(

Oma-1
August 2nd, 2005, 04:48 AM
Ooops :o

Sorted now :D

Yes , I agree ..I really miss all those Tokra episodes with Jolinar and when Jacob ended up on that black evil planet and SG1 had to rescue him and they met Apophis who totured them with nightmares to get some infos .
They were excellent episodes not like season 7 and 8 .

and I didn't cry when I watched Heroe ..I didn't think it was that great ..My hubby thought the same too ..Hardly any action and the action we saw was weird . Let's say it's not an episode I would watch again ...same with the lost city..it was alright for me but nothing like the episodes of season 1 to season 6 . No new seasons will beat season 1 to season 6 ever ...this is probably why I haven't even bought season 7 in DVD .

I love the eps that make me feel for the characters too, whether they be SG-1 or guests. (Although I loved S7 too - minus THAT ep :p ).

The only problem with S8 for me was that it made me feel lots of things I didn't want to feel, right up until Threads. At least now I can watch it again without all the worry, gloating that :eek: is soooooooooooo not a problem anymore and the last scene is just great :D

As for S9 - I'll be able to watch it for what it is, without any unfounded hopes, thanks to all the spoilers. Hopefully I'll enjoy it, and I'll be able to look out for the special moments that WILL occur. :D

divcon
August 2nd, 2005, 05:02 AM
Ooops :o

Sorted now :D

Great I'll go and send it in a sec.

I love the eps that make me feel for the characters too, whether they be SG-1 or guests. (Although I loved S7 too - minus THAT ep :p ).

The only problem with S8 for me was that it made me feel lots of things I didn't want to feel, right up until Threads. At least now I can watch it again without all the worry, gloating that :eek: is soooooooooooo not a problem anymore and the last scene is just great :D

As for S9 - I'll be able to watch it for what it is, without any unfounded hopes, thanks to all the spoilers. Hopefully I'll enjoy it, and I'll be able to look out for the special moments that WILL occur. :D

I agree Oma. Although I love seasons 1-6 I also enjoy season 7 & 8. They may not be as action packed as the first 6 seasons but they explored a lot more of the people which I must admit to enjoying. I DID cry in Hereos. I'll put my hand up and admit that. Actually every time I watch it I cry, but that's just me(really soppy) It's been a while since I saw S8 and I didn't keep any copies but the box set comes out in 15 days so I'll sit down and watch them all again. :o :)

Rogue
August 2nd, 2005, 05:52 AM

Just a thought.

They have been missing since after season 7. Season 8 made me feel something alright, but not good feelings. I hated the tension between Sam and Jack. I also hated the way they wrote Sam. There was hardly any team interaction and any storylines with deep meanings. To sum it up it was about Jack being frustrated about his new job and Sam, and Sam being frustrated because she couldn't have the man she wanted. The Stargate was rarely used and the NID and Pete were in way too many eps.
TPTP said that SG-1 will return to its roots in season 9. But if season 8 was your best season ever why would you feel the need to return back to the roots of SG-1. Maybe because you realized you made a misstake?

Token
August 2nd, 2005, 06:32 AM

<snip>

I'm working on getting it together in a nice little format. *hangs head in shame* :o RL has been interferring with my shipper work. I shall endeavor to post the poem ASAP!! It is my only shipper mission! http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/36/36_15_50.gif (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZSzfw003)

ETA: I shall post the poem link on my 1800th post. That give me only 2 posts! ACK! I can resist!! Must...leave...so much to say...NO...must leave.... *goes off to format poem* :p

Catysg1
August 2nd, 2005, 06:45 AM
Great I'll go and send it in a sec.

I agree Oma. Although I love seasons 1-6 I also enjoy season 7 & 8. They may not be as action packed as the first 6 seasons but they explored a lot more of the people which I must admit to enjoying. I DID cry in Hereos. I'll put my hand up and admit that. Actually every time I watch it I cry, but that's just me(really soppy) It's been a while since I saw S8 and I didn't keep any copies but the box set comes out in 15 days so I'll sit down and watch them all again. :o :)

The only episode I cried in Stargate was "Singularity" and I cried with Sam ..May be because there was a child involved ..I always cry when a child is involved and it 's sad . Actually I love all the Stargate episodes with children in it ..same as the x-files episodes ...They are very human and emotional episodes most of the time and I like that . Wish Alias could do emotionnal episodes with children too :)

I didn't cry in heroe probably because I was spoiled so it was not a surprise and the impact didn't hit me hard enough to cry ..may be it was because Janet's death was recorded on a tape and it was not that clear athough I don't think I would have liked to see it clearer but I don't know why !!!..I just didn't feel like crying and I really liked Janet ..I think I was too spoiled ..that's it

Catysg1
August 2nd, 2005, 07:01 AM
They have been missing since after season 7. Season 8 made me feel something alright, but not good feelings. I hated the tension between Sam and Jack. I also hated the way they wrote Sam. There was hardly any team interaction and any storylines with deep meanings. To sum it up it was about Jack being frustrated about his new job and Sam, and Sam being frustrated because she couldn't have the man she wanted. The Stargate was rarely used and the NID and Pete were in way too many eps.
TPTP said that SG-1 will return to its roots in season 9. But if season 8 was your best season ever why would you feel the need to return back to the roots of SG-1. Maybe because you realized you made a misstake?

Plus they use season 8 to separate Sam and Jack as much as they (tptb) could so just imagine what season 9 is gonna be like ..!!! well I suppose we already know ...Jack won't be in there and Sam will be with Teal'c , Daniel , and Cameron :rolleyes:

tptb planned it all from season 7 ..The lost city 2 was a bit of a let down considering that Jack thought he was dying and he even was not allowed by TPTB to send a proper good bye to his beloved one . Even if the regs are a problem , you can still tell somebody you love them just before you die ..and Jack could have said it to the team first ..then turn to Sam and say "I love you" .

How many times do shippers of that thread say to each other " I love you" !!!all the time ...and it does NOT have to be sexual ..it 's just a very emotional and deep comment that People say to each other from time to time when they care for each other .

All Jack said was " Dormata" (sleep) instead of "Amata"(I love you) ..or he could have said "Dormata "first, They take him to the pod and then "Amata "afterwards to the team and then a bit louder to Sam ..What was wrong with that ?!!!

It would have been just lovely :)

trupi
August 2nd, 2005, 07:27 AM
Plus they use season 8 to separate Sam and Jack as much as they (tptb) could so just imagine what season 9 is gonna be like ..!!! well I suppose we already know ...Jack won't be in there and Sam will be with Teal'c , Daniel , and Cameron :rolleyes:

tptb planned it all from season 7 ..The lost city 2 was a bit of a let down considering that Jack thought he was dying and he even was not allowed by TPTB to send a proper good bye to his beloved one . Even if the regs are a problem , you can still tell somebody you love them just before you die ..and Jack could have said it to the team first ..then turn to Sam and say "I love you" .

How many times do shippers of that thread say to each other " I love you" !!!all the time ...and it does NOT have to be sexual ..it 's just a very emotional and deep comment that People say to each other from time to time when they care for each other .

All Jack said was " Dormata" (sleep) instead of "Amata"(I love you) ..or he could have said "Dormata "first, They take him to the pod and then "Amata "afterwards to the team and then a bit louder to Sam ..What was wrong with that ?!!!

They didn't even translate his parting words correctly-Daniel said he said goodbye but Jack really said "goodbye my friends". Why put it in and not translate it properly?

Gatetrixer
August 2nd, 2005, 08:56 AM

Daniel must be very popular--and as far as fan fiction is concerned he seems to lead in the 2005 Fan Awards. In some of its categories Sam/Jack are relegated to "other pairings." Which is one reason why I am still delving into the Sam/Jack Fanfiction Awards, there are so many and I know they are all about my favorite subject. I realize the Fan Awards have to be about all the characters and I am reading in there too, but think it's a bit top heavy in certain aspects. www.samandjack.net/sjfa/nominations.html

Gatetrixer
August 2nd, 2005, 09:12 AM
Finally got back to JM's question and answer thread and if I remember right there will be a followup to "Icon" and also the last episode will be a cliffhanger. Icon was not exactly a well-received episode so I'm wondering why they decided on that one, but maybe there was a segment of fans who liked it.

He said they wouldn't know by the time of the last episode if there would be tenth, so cliff-hanger it is. IMO they've been given a guarantee for a tenth season and ratings would have to be really, really terrible to cancel it.

Watched "Cure" last night and Sam and Jack seemed so easy with each other, always looking at each other, not necessarily shippy, but valuing each others opinion and outlook.

Ship Nana
August 2nd, 2005, 09:22 AM

And in my never to be humble opinion, TPTB are bringing in the sleeze factor in the character of Vala in order to attract viewers by using sex. I saw a preview where Vala is lounging in what looked to be Daniel's bed. For crying out loud, is this what our beloved Stargate has turned into?

I don't know, maybe it's just me, but from Seasons 1-6 TPTB have made me expect a lot more from them then that. They made me expect great stories, and characters that we love and care about.

Oma-1
August 2nd, 2005, 09:23 AM

Caty - those ancient words Jack spoke meant lots of things :D I can't find the post where translated it a while ago, but basically he said "I will see you again my love" (aveo amacuse) and goodbye my friends (dormata). Although the "a" on the end changes the translation (in latin anyway) to saying goodbye to a female lover. :D I like to think TPTB knew that.

girlgater
August 2nd, 2005, 09:38 AM
Caty - those ancient words Jack spoke meant lots of things :D I can't find the post where translated it a while ago, but basically he said "I will see you again my love" (aveo amacuse) and goodbye my friends (dormata). Although the "a" on the end changes the translation (in latin anyway) to saying goodbye to a female lover. :D I like to think TPTB knew that.

I can't remember who posted the earlier translations, but I took comfort in them because I believe them to be true. It's much easier to look and find subtle shippiness even if the TPTB may not necessarily intend for everyone to know they exist.

I was so disappointed after last week's episode as the moments that Jack was in the episode were so brief and uneventful. I kept waiting and waiting for him to be there and finally he was and then I was left with this hollow and empty feeling. It was such an anti-climatic experience with him being back and I ended up feeling like...he came back--for this? Tell me I'm not the only one who felt that way. I certainly hope that things will be better in later episodes.

Rogue
August 2nd, 2005, 10:20 AM
And in my never to be humble opinion, TPTB are bringing in the sleeze factor in the character of Vala in order to attract viewers by using sex. I saw a preview where Vala is lounging in what looked to be Daniel's bed. For crying out loud, is this what our beloved Stargate has turned into?

I don't know, maybe it's just me, but from Seasons 1-6 TPTB have made me expect a lot more from them then that. They made me expect great stories, and characters that we love and care about.

Three eps until Sam comes back and Vala is gone. What I am afraid of from the spoiler I read is that they are going to make Sam look bad to make Vala look good.

Silver
August 2nd, 2005, 10:22 AM
The only episode I cried in Stargate was "Singularity" and I cried with Sam ..May be because there was a child involved ..I always cry when a child is involved and it 's sad . Actually I love all the Stargate episodes with children in it ..same as the x-files episodes ...They are very human and emotional episodes most of the time and I like that . Wish Alias could do emotionnal episodes with children too :)

I didn't cry in heroe probably because I was spoiled so it was not a surprise and the impact didn't hit me hard enough to cry ..may be it was because Janet's death was recorded on a tape and it was not that clear athough I don't think I would have liked to see it clearer but I don't know why !!!..I just didn't feel like crying and I really liked Janet ..I think I was too spoiled ..that's it

Aww--Singularity is very emotional! Heroes was sad, but I was more moved by Jack hugging Sam and then Teal'c and Sam's hug more than the actual death... maybe because it showed how much things affected Sam, and how she couldn't bear the thought of losing Jack. I think Janet getting hit with a staff blast was more shocking, though--it just comes out of nowhere--and then you find out it killed her. Season 7 was a time when I didn't read spoilers so I really wasn't expecting it!

The most teary episode for me though has to be Abyss, both when Jack is trapped in the fortress and Daniel visits him, and when he's in the infirmary at the end. It gets me every single time. I can never help thinking, poor Jack! :(

I want to watch an ep. now but gotta go out. :)