PDA

View Full Version : Sam Carter/Jack O'Neill Ship Appreciation Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57

mad_gater
July 29th, 2005, 05:57 PM
Hum, now that you mention it, she owes me an email. I've know her almost two years now....boy time does fly!

But must make note: Drop her a line and pester her until she breaks. ;)

Knowing Su's romantic heart, she's up to something that involves Jack, Sam, a bottle of expensive wine, wedding bells, etc. :D
should get a load of the epic I'm workin' on....even the summary isn't much of a summary....:P:D

BUt with all that I'm gonna be puttin' in it there will be sam/jack ship as well....musn't forget the ship...:D:D

mad_gater
July 29th, 2005, 06:02 PM
ShelsFc ang Girlgator, Right On!

WEST SIDE STORY!!!

So come clean how old are ya guys ??? Just kidding.

I'm a proud 52 going on 25...LOL

Okay, I'll come clean, I'm usually in the 16 year-old mindset and occassionally I regress to a six-year old. A lot more than I should....
I am a 24 yr. old male shipper....;):D

nell
July 29th, 2005, 06:13 PM
Speechless, huh??? Origins Disappointed is so small a word for how I feel. Jack visits Daniel and Mitchell. Mitchell tells Jack about Teal'c. NOT ONE WORD ABOUT SAM!!! :mad: I'm drowning myself in Atlantis!

Queen Eleta
July 29th, 2005, 06:16 PM
Speechless, huh??? Origins Disappointed is so small a word for how I feel. Jack visits Daniel and Mitchell. Mitchell tells Jack about Teal'c. NOT ONE WORD ABOUT SAM!!! :mad: I'm drowning myself in Atlantis!

I know!!! TPTB are killin' me here!!

LOL4JACK
July 29th, 2005, 06:25 PM
Hi Shippers, I feel exhausted, going to bed at 2am two nights on a row.. I'm not for that anymore (PS: 35 years in September ;) )

I loved Ship day, but I did not have time to enjoy it, I had to work more than usual yesterday and missed posting or being part of the discussions, at least I'll get to read this weekend and see and enjoy your wonderfull post, pics, videos....

I'll post also the poll 2 results if you missed it soon.

That said... I have to say that I have cried so much... still in it though... just finished to watch Origins All the ep was about introducing the Orii through Daniel and Vala, introducing Gerak and the new Jaffa nation and then Jack appears... and it felt so strange, he does not belong to this new Stargate anymore... he was out of place, Jack O'Neill was about the off world travel, the Goaulds, Sam and Jack... Cake! this is a new Stargate with new stories I'm not saying I'm not liking it... it's just that it is a new show so when Jack showed up it was not his Stargate and I just started crying... silly girl me, because it was really his good bye... to the show and WOW, to heavy to take, so in honor of one of our new shippers, I hope that when Dorothy comes back, it feels more like Kansas :(

nell
July 29th, 2005, 06:28 PM

As for the next episode Origins WARNING: TEMPER TANTRUM ALERT!!! I'm not watching!! I'm protesting!! I'm serious. **Yeah, right. Like they'll even notice** My husband says, "what if they have a little something next week. You'll miss it!" **thwack** Who's side is he on?** I will not be manipulated by...by...those fill-in-the blank!!! So, I reply, "I'll tape it. I'll only watch if my Shipper Friends say its OK." And, now I feel calmer. Yeah, I'm OK.

LOL4JACK
July 29th, 2005, 06:29 PM
As for the next episode Origins WARNING: TEMPER TANTRUM ALERT!!! I'm not watching!! I'm protesting!! I'm serious. **Yeah, right. Like they'll even notice** My husband says, "what if they have a little something next week. You'll miss it!" **thwack** Who's side is he on?** I will not be manipulated by...by...those fill-in-the blank!!! So, I reply, "I'll tape it. I'll only watch if my Shipper Friends say its OK." And, now I feel calmer. Yeah, I'm OK.
(((((Nell)))) just look at it this way... It's a new show

nell
July 29th, 2005, 06:37 PM
Hi Shippers, I feel exhausted, going to bed at 2am two nights on a row.. I'm not for that anymore (PS: 35 years in September ;)

Please take good care of yourself and get some sleep!

That said... I have to say that I have cried so much... still in it though... just finished to watch Origins All the ep was about introducing the Orii through Daniel and Vala, introducing Gerak and the new Jaffa nation and then Jack appears... and it felt so strange, he does not belong to this new Stargate anymore... he was out of place, Jack O'Neill was about the off world travel, the Goaulds, Sam and Jack... Cake! this is a new Stargate with new stories I'm not saying I'm not liking it... it's just that it is a new show so when Jack showed up it was not his Stargate and I just started crying... silly girl me, because it was really his good bye... to the show and WOW, to heavy to take, so in honor of one of our new shippers, I hope that when Dorothy comes back, it feels more like Kansas :(

You express yourself so eloquently. Notwithstanding my reaction, you're absolutely right. This is no longer Jack's Stargate anymore!

Dani76
July 29th, 2005, 06:40 PM
Now, guys, you've got to keep watching Season 9. Even though we are all shippers, we are also SG-1 fans - after all, that's how we got our ship in the first place. I for one can't wait for Sam to be back and, who knows, maybe the TPTB will give us some shippy moments this season after all.
In the end we'll always have 8 wonderful shippy years - nobody can take that away from us. :D

mad_gater
July 29th, 2005, 06:43 PM
Thanks for the welcomes

This isn't very good as I rushed it.

http://escapingreality.net/bluejello/images/samjackblueb.png
*pounces and huggles alittletoolate*

Greetings from your friendly neighborhood Tok'ra Tigger....:P:D

Token
July 29th, 2005, 06:54 PM
S9 Origins /start rant... What a load of CRAP!!! That was the sorriest excuse for use of Jack!!! And it felt completely off!!! The scenes felt stiff and like they used doubles for some of the takes. FCOL If you're not taking the time to do it right then why bother. I hate saying this, but I would have rather NOT seen Jack than to see him in "dumb Jack" mode. What was the point of him being there???

I'll see how things go when Amanda returns, but I can't take much more of "fast-talking" Daniel. /end rant

I love Sam and Jack together and that is the way it will always be! :D

nell
July 29th, 2005, 06:56 PM
Now, guys, you've got to keep watching Season 9. Even though we are all shippers, we are also SG-1 fans - after all, that's how we got our ship in the first place. I for one can't wait for Sam to be back and, who knows, maybe the TPTB will give us some shippy moments this season after all.
In the end we'll always have 8 wonderful shippy years - nobody can take that away from us. :D

Thanks, Dani76 and LOL4JACK. Blowing off a little steam. I'm a big girl, usually! Ya know, where is everybody? We had more chatter after Avalon 1, of course, and even Avalon 2. Shippers recovering from Ship Day??!!

mad_gater
July 29th, 2005, 06:58 PM
hello - not been here in a wee while

Did i miss a par-tay yesterday?

Anyway just thot i'd pop in and see how the familly is now that the computer has decided to work

so that's it another year of shipping past - i'd like to say that we're older and wiser, but really i can't comment on the wiser part - and what a year it has been

We've been through a lot when it comes to shipping - affinity - and a little more with the family - but i'd like to think we got there in the end

at least it's good to see that some things dont change - like sueKay drooling over her Jack clone over here and lots of great manips for shippers to feast thier eyes on!

Speaking of feasts where have all the cookies gone? Or am i just showing my shipper-age?

any way
nice to be back - Mishy
*pounces and huggles mishy*

WELCOME BACK MISHY!!!!!!

nell
July 29th, 2005, 07:04 PM
S9 Origins /start rant... What a load of CRAP!!! That was the sorriest excuse for use of Jack!!! And it felt completely off!!! The scenes felt stiff and like they used doubles for some of the takes. FCOL If you're not taking the time to do it right then why bother. I hate saying this, but I would have rather NOT seen Jack than to see him in "dumb Jack" mode. What was the point of him being there???

I'll see how things go when Amanda returns, but I can't take much more of "fast-talking" Daniel. /end rant

I know, I know!! Origins Forget, if it's possible, that I'm a Shipper! Why didn't they include mention of Sam as a former team member of SG-1? It didn't even have to be shippy**remember I'm still pretending**but what gives? When Daniel said, "I'm scared," and Jack replies, "I'm hungry." What was that? I liked Jack and Mitchell flying together. Jack humor with the 'you can do anything as a general.' My consolation right now is looking forward to Sam's return.

mad_gater
July 29th, 2005, 07:10 PM
Nope, tell me more and fill me in, Melpomene! :)
(((((Dani))))))

hmmm....didn't I used to see your name in association with the anti sam/jack thread? :P:D

Turn shol'va did you? :P:D

Token
July 29th, 2005, 07:11 PM
Thanks, Dani76 and LOL4JACK. Blowing off a little steam. I'm a big girl, usually! Ya know, where is everybody? We had more chatter after Avalon 1, of course, and even Avalon 2. Shippers recovering from Ship Day??!!

That is one of the many reasons that this Family is great! We can blow off steam and rant and rave, and we have each other to support us. I will continue to watch for Sam but I won't watch the Daniel show. That I know. Three more weeks before kick-a$$ Sam and Jack's love returns to save the day!! :D

Buc252
July 29th, 2005, 07:19 PM
Isn't he good looking or what ?!!

Marc Harmon :)

http://www.angelfire.com/space2/sci-fi/Marc_HARMON.jpg

I think I'm going weak in the knees right now :D :) ;)

Caty :)

I used to love MH, but he definitely hasn't aged well - not a fraction as well as RDA. RDA is the hunkiest person over 50 I've ever seen, and is sexier now than when he was on Mac. IMO only, of course. <g>

Token
July 29th, 2005, 07:22 PM
I know, I know!! Origins Forget, if it's possible, that I'm a Shipper! Why didn't they include mention of Sam as a former team member of SG-1? It didn't even have to be shippy**remember I'm still pretending**but what gives? When Daniel said, "I'm scared," and Jack replies, "I'm hungry." What was that? I liked Jack and Mitchell flying together. Jack humor with the 'you can do anything as a general.' My consolation right now is looking forward to Sam's return.

EXACTLY!! S9 Origins When Jack said, "I'm hungry." I was like WHAT THE bleep WAS THAT???? Who says that??? That was just crass! He didn't even give Daniel a pep-talk saying, "I believe you can handle it."

The scene with Mitchell was OK, but Jack's comment about "doing anything" was lame if he can't be with the woman for whom he has loved for 8 years!! :rolleyes:

nell
July 29th, 2005, 07:22 PM
That is one of the many reasons that this Family is great! We can blow off steam and rant and rave, and we have each other to support us. I will continue to watch for Sam but I won't watch the Daniel show. That I know. Three more weeks before kick-a$$ Sam and Jack's love returns to save the day!! :D

You can say that again!! I just replayed the last 5 minutes. Origins
WARNING: SHIPPY-MOMENT SENSING DEVICE IN OPERATION!!! Um, what do you think Jack meant when he responded to Daniel's wonder, "What the hell are you doing here?" Jack says, "Well, I was in the neighborhood." Ahem, NEIGHBORHOOD??!! OK, I'm desperate. Desperate times require desperate measures. Somebody famous said that quote! Applies here!!

Buc252
July 29th, 2005, 07:24 PM
great pic. :D

what's happening in this scene again?

sally :D

I believe this is from The Fifth Race, just before he hands her the little notepad that says, "10 = 8". I could be wrong, though . . . <g>

Buc252
July 29th, 2005, 07:29 PM

With all due respect, no, we do NOT have to keep watching!! I have no intention of watching this cheap ripoff of a show I loved for eight years.

Those who want to watch can watch, but if somebody chooses not to, it doesn't make them any less a fan of the show. Just a fan of seeing it die a horrible, painful death.

:(

Buc252
July 29th, 2005, 07:35 PM
I just realized I don't remember hearing anybody say how the ratings were last week, vs. week 1. With so many people being lukewarm on the premier, I wondered if they were better or worse. Does anybody know, or know where I can find them?

I admit, without Jack and Sam, I want the ratings to be in the basement. Just to show that without the heart of the show - and that actually even means the relationships between the four - what they have is a poor copy.

nell
July 29th, 2005, 07:36 PM
Joe if you're lurking here to measure our response to tonight's episode, well, Origins I'm scared cause Sam was ignored tonight as a former SG-1 member. Not Daniel, not Mitchell and, most pointedly, not Jack even mentioned her name. And I'm hungry for some ship! A big scoopful like when you dip into Ben&Jerry's Gobfather. You want a scoopful not a spoonful. Heck, a bowlful even!! So, Joe, that 's how it is the day after Ship Day and episode 3 of Season 9.

sg-1fanintn
July 29th, 2005, 07:38 PM

Wow, everyone! What a great Ship Day we had! It was so great to see all the special little surprises everyone had planned! It was really great! Which makes my disappointment over tonight's episode even harder to stomach! Token, your comments sum up the way I'm feeling after watching SG-1 tonight. I feel so cheated! What a waste of RDA! I had one and only one expectation for tonight's show: that we would be told for certain where Jack is going, and get to hear him discuss that with another character. But no! They didn't seem to have time to write a decent scene to tell us anything about Jack's plans. I've never seen a show send a major player off without telling viewers where he/she is going! I guess we're just supposed to assume what has been rumored and hinted at since March! What is the deal?

I'm finding the Ori really interesting and creepy. I see real potential in the storyline. But we're missing the TEAM! To me, only BB, MS and CB seem comfortable. Even CJ seems out of place! And I think Lou Gossett and Beau Bridges are really stiff and uncomfortable. I've seen them both in roles where they were fabulous! I know some of you like Landry, and I mean no offense, but so far, I'm finding these roles a poor fit for both actors. And I'm finding the whole show uncomfortable and hard to watch.

I'm inching toward a decision, and it hinges on Sam. If they don't feature her prominently and treat her right, I don't think I'll be able to bear what is currently the misery of following my favorite show.

One fact keeps me hopeful at this point: the recent hints Amanda gave at Comic Con.....and what a good barometer she has been for us in the past. On that happy note, I'll close my rant too!

sg-1fanintn
July 29th, 2005, 07:42 PM
I just realized I don't remember hearing anybody say how the ratings were last week, vs. week 1. With so many people being lukewarm on the premier, I wondered if they were better or worse. Does anybody know, or know where I can find them?

I admit, without Jack and Sam, I want the ratings to be in the basement. Just to show that without the heart of the show - and that actually even means the relationships between the four - what they have is a poor copy.

They posted the ratings on the GW home page either Wednesday or Thursday. Believe it or not (and I can't!), SG-1 was the ratings leader for the week, holding steady at 2.1. Both SGA and BSG tumbled slightly. I can't figure this out. However, it could have been a fluke. Let's watch the trends over the next few weeks.

LOL4JACK
July 29th, 2005, 07:44 PM

Hi Buc, here is the link, they said they where steady, funny enought SG-1 kept their ratings http://www.gateworld.net/news/2005/07/isg-1iratingssteadywithava.shtml

sg-1fanintn
July 29th, 2005, 07:55 PM
Round 41 of the Fave Episodes Tournament has begun. Resurrection was eliminated in Round 40.

Divide & Conquer (the holy grail of J/S shippiness) has moved down the list thanks to your votes, but needs your continued support.

Please keep voting! Catch up on the tourney (and which eps have been eliminated so far) here: http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?p=4392987#post4392987

Be careful! If you accidentally vote for an ep that has already been eliminated, none of your votes will count in that round.

Sam and Jack thank you. I thank you!

Rogue
July 29th, 2005, 08:01 PM
They posted the ratings on the GW home page either Wednesday or Thursday. Believe it or not (and I can't!), SG-1 was the ratings leader for the week, holding steady at 2.1. Both SGA and BSG tumbled slightly. I can't figure this out. However, it could have been a fluke. Let's watch the trends over the next few weeks.

I don't know, I thought Atlantis was a real snoozer this week. And the new guy mumbles so you can't understand half of what he is saying. I am getting to wonder about the directors here, we got Speed Demon Daniel and Ronon the Mumbler.

Only caught the last part of SG-1, and I agree. What a total waste of RDA time.

Queen Eleta
July 29th, 2005, 08:12 PM
Wow, everyone! What a great Ship Day we had! It was so great to see all the special little surprises everyone had planned! It was really great! Which makes my disappointment over tonight's episode even harder to stomach! Token, your comments sum up the way I'm feeling after watching SG-1 tonight. I feel so cheated! What a waste of RDA! I had one and only one expectation for tonight's show: that we would be told for certain where Jack is going, and get to hear him discuss that with another character. But no! They didn't seem to have time to write a decent scene to tell us anything about Jack's plans. I've never seen a show send a major player off without telling viewers where he/she is going! I guess we're just supposed to assume what has been rumored and hinted at since March! What is the deal?

I'm finding the Ori really interesting and creepy. I see real potential in the storyline. But we're missing the TEAM! To me, only BB, MS and CB seem comfortable. Even CJ seems out of place! And I think Lou Gossett and Beau Bridges are really stiff and uncomfortable. I've seen them both in roles where they were fabulous! I know some of you like Landry, and I mean no offense, but so far, I'm finding these roles a poor fit for both actors. And I'm finding the whole show uncomfortable and hard to watch.

I'm inching toward a decision, and it hinges on Sam. If they don't feature her prominently and treat her right, I don't think I'll be able to bear what is currently the misery of following my favorite show.

One fact keeps me hopeful at this point: the recent hints Amanda gave at Comic Con.....and what a good barometer she has been for us in the past. On that happy note, I'll close my rant too!

The only clue that anything was different with Jack was that he had a second star on his shoulder. :)
Don't know if that needs a spoiler, there is a picture of it on Gateworld.

gatebee
July 29th, 2005, 08:13 PM
WARNING: SHIPPY-MOMENT SENSING DEVICE IN OPERATION!!! Um, what do you think Jack meant when he responded to Daniel's wonder, "What the hell are you doing here?" Jack says, "Well, I was in the neighborhood." Ahem, NEIGHBORHOOD??!! OK, I'm desperate. Desperate times require desperate measures. Somebody famous said that quote! Applies here!!
Nell .... yes that is really beyond desperate.

IMO it was a waste of time watching it. Next week, I will not watch the first showing. If I see a good feedback from either here or rda thunk thread or SaGC then I will watch the second showing.

Want the ship back ..... miss seeing the chemistry .... the love ..the show
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v205/FilBrit1/sg1/sj4.jpg

LOL4JACK
July 29th, 2005, 08:18 PM
Nell, like you I'm easy :D I hope Mad Gater is not around I'll take that for ship :D

Queen Eleta
July 29th, 2005, 08:19 PM
(((LOL4JACK))) You were going to tell me something in reference to something I said at the RDA thunk thread? I'm waiting.... (probably better not hold my breath.).... :D

mad_gater
July 29th, 2005, 08:23 PM
EXACTLY!! S9 Origins When Jack said, "I'm hungry." I was like WHAT THE bleep WAS THAT???? Who says that??? That was just crass! He didn't even give Daniel a pep-talk saying, "I believe you can handle it."

The scene with Mitchell was OK, but Jack's comment about "doing anything" was lame if he can't be with the woman for whom he has loved for 8 years!! :rolleyes:
ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

*steam comes out of ears.....artificially intelligent computer onboard my al'kesh who is a shipper is having a meltdown*

Yes....I have an artificially intelligent shipper computer on my al'kesh....helps pass the time if I can at least talk to the computer on long missions.....she's (yes it's a she :P) a shipper cuz logically speaking....they're made for each other.

This is exactly why I use my patented "alternative method" of watching stargate. :P:D

nell
July 29th, 2005, 08:36 PM
sg-1fanintn, I agree with your point about Origins There was not one mention of Jack's promotion, transfer, or reason for the dissolution of SG-1. Not only was Mitchell kept in the dark about SG-1 but the fans were, too!! Hey, and I didn't even mention the omission of ship this time but any fan would wonder about that backstory!!!

mad_gater
July 29th, 2005, 08:37 PM
Nell .... yes that is really beyond desperate.

IMO it was a waste of time watching it. Next week, I will not watch the first showing. If I see a good feedback from either here or rda thunk thread or SaGC then I will watch the second showing.

Want the ship back ..... miss seeing the chemistry .... the love ..the show
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v205/FilBrit1/sg1/sj4.jpg
Spoilers for Avalon Part 2:

Sheesh! You'd thik Dr. Lee was married to that device the way he was practically using his whole body to shield the thing. Anymore contact with that device and he'll be smooching it next!! Cuz that is the exact same kind of shielding contact that I betcha Jack would use with Sam to shield her from impending danger....:rolleyes::P:D

LOL4JACK
July 29th, 2005, 08:43 PM
(((LOL4JACK))) You were going to tell me something in reference to something I said at the RDA thunk thread? I'm waiting.... (probably better not hold my breath.).... :D

LOL Queen Eleta :p your question was kinda easy for me to answer being a shipper

How to get RDA to come home with me?

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y219/cmb1009/guess.jpg

Jack: Queen, you want me to go with you?

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y219/cmb1009/Sam.bmp
LOL4JACK: You and all will have to look like this :p

nell
July 29th, 2005, 08:44 PM
Spoilers for Avalon Part 2:

Sheesh! You'd thik Dr. Lee was married to that device the way he was practically using his whole body to shield the thing. Anymore contact with that device and he'll be smooching it next!! Cuz that is the exact same kind of shielding contact that I betcha Jack would use with Sam to shield her from impending danger....:rolleyes::P:D

Thank you, mad_gater!! My first laugh since watching Origins tonight! OK, I really need to step away for now. I'm reading the Stargate Fan Awards noms. I can depend on the Ship Authors to satisfy my shippy hunger!!

Zoser
July 29th, 2005, 08:48 PM

I agree Token - A great steaming heaping load.
This is just a spin off and Stargate SG - 1 is over.
What a waste of RDA's time and talent.

Queen Eleta
July 29th, 2005, 08:49 PM
LOL Queen Eleta :p your question was kinda easy for me to answer being a shipper

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y219/cmb1009/guess.jpg

Jack: Queen, you want me to go with you?

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y219/cmb1009/Sam.bmp
LOL4JACK: You and all will have to look like this :p

*sigh* That's what I was afraid you'd say. Well, I've got the hair. I used to have Season 4 Sam, but just recently went to Season 7. Took a bit to get used too. Hubby likes it though. Now, if I could get him to cut his hair like Jack. :D

LOL4JACK
July 29th, 2005, 08:54 PM
*sigh* That's what I was afraid you'd say. Well, I've got the hair. I used to have Season 4 Sam, but just recently went to Season 7. Took a bit to get used too. Hubby likes it though. Now, if I could get him to cut his hair like Jack. :D
Well, you have a good start, I have black, curly hair and brown eyes... waaaaay far from the blond, straigh hair, blue eye girls he's looking for :(

PS: Although I think Jack want's to tell you something in the Thunk Thread :D

ses110
July 29th, 2005, 08:59 PM
Great points sg-1 fanintn.I think I like the Ori better than the Goa'uld.It is nice to see a serious enemy.Now for the bad.I cannot take the Daniel and Vala Show.Enough already.The rest of the characters are like Wallpaper.Why is Vala getting all this screen time when the character will be gone in a couple of weeks? I know Sam is not around yet but why not have Daniel Mitchell and Teal'c together for more than 5 seconds.The Jack scene was just horrible.What was the point?It really was better not to have Jack tonight.Why did we not see Jack talking with Daniel and Teal'c? We learned nothing about the what the Jack character will be doing.Sam cannot be back fast enough.The Ori were the only reason I did not fall asleep.If things do not change real quick I'am not sure how I can keep on watching.I hope the Sam and Jack Ship is worth it.

ses110
July 29th, 2005, 09:06 PM
Token IMO Moebius was a waste of RDA's time and talent and tonight's episode was even worse.I'am almost afraid of what we get the next time we see the Jack character.I really hope we get to see a Jack heavy episode that is very serious and with as few Jokes as possible.

Emilee108
July 29th, 2005, 09:12 PM
Ses110, I agree with you...
I actually like the Ori....I think they will be an awesome enemy and it will be interesting to see what they are capable of doing.
The thing that I'm really disappointed and frusterated with is the fact that the audience has no idea why Jack left, why Sam left, or why Daniel was going to leave. And I really did think that we were going to get something tonight to let us know where Jack has been.....but nothing! It's been three episodes! I swear TPTB are really desperate to string us a long. It's getting real tiring. I was looking forward to seeing Jack because I thought we would have gotten maybe a subtle hint of Sam or why Jack left and where has he been?
Some of you have mentioned already that Jack saying, "Oh I was just in the neighborhood.." May have been a subtle hint to him seeing Sam....but Sam isn't in the neighborhood. She's at area 51!
Oh and I have to admit that I did like Vala in this episode because she was more serious and actually interesting.....but have you seen the trailers for the next episode? It's back to the sex-driven, jokester, and selfish character that I didn't really like to begin with. I don't know if I want to watch the next episode. Maybe I'll have to record it and see what you all have to say about it and see if it's worth watching.
Anyway...I would have liked this episode a ton better, even with all of the Daniel/Vala scenes, if the guest appearance with RDA was handled better. Despite that I guess it was an okay episode. I'm just bored with all of these characters. I'm just hoping and praying that when Amanda/Sam comes back that things will smooth out and we will have a team again.

~*~Emilee~*~

Lynn
July 29th, 2005, 09:17 PM
OMG - Just caught the 11pm showing of Origins and are TPTB serious??? I mean from the Ship perspective, it was non-existent. As for the 1 minute Jack scene I agree that it was worse than him not being there at all (the production values and characterization was crap!) And we still don't know why SG-1 disbanded, what Jack is doing etc etc Also with respect to the other posters here if I have to hear the words "Halo'd be the Ori" one more time I'm going to throw something at my poor tv.

Enough venting - starting to think of lots of questions to ask at next weeks Stargate Convention. Any ideas - let me know.

LOL4JACK
July 29th, 2005, 09:22 PM
OMG - Just caught the 11pm showing of Origins and are TPTB serious??? I mean from the Ship perspective, it was non-existent. As for the 1 minute Jack scene I agree that it was worse than him not being there at all (the production values and characterization was crap!) And we still don't know why SG-1 disbanded, what Jack is doing etc etc Also with respect to the other posters here if I have to hear the words "Halo'd be the Ori" one more time I'm going to throw something at my poor tv.

Enough venting - starting to think of lots of questions to ask at next weeks Stargate Convention. Any ideas - let me know.
Lynn, are you going to the CON in NJ?

Trupi, Sugarshaker and myself will be there, we are planning on meeting... and talk about the ship :D with a an all male panel, we need some shipper support :p

Carolina

trupi
July 29th, 2005, 09:25 PM

Lynn- I just got home -should I watch the tape or burn it?

Lynn
July 29th, 2005, 09:28 PM
Watch it all but the last 3 mins or so - it'll p**s you off. Also remember it's not OUR SG-1 anymore before you watch it

LOL4JACK
July 29th, 2005, 09:29 PM
Trupi, IMO you can watch the ep, but don't watch the last 2 min :(

Lynn
July 29th, 2005, 09:31 PM
Lynn, are you going to the CON in NJ?

Trupi, Sugarshaker and myself will be there, we are planning on meeting... and talk about the ship :D with a an all male panel, we need some shipper support :p

Carolina
Yep - I arranged some things with Trupi this week. I'll only be going for the cabaret on Saturday and the Sunday convention since I feel bad about leaving my hubby with 2 little kids for the whole weekend. Looking forward to meeting you and Sugarshaker - Drinks are on me :-)

LOL4JACK
July 29th, 2005, 09:44 PM
Yep - I arranged some things with Trupi this week. I'll only be going for the cabaret on Saturday and the Sunday convention since I feel bad about leaving my hubby with 2 little kids for the whole weekend. Looking forward to meeting you and Sugarshaker - Drinks are on me :-)
Wohooo... great, I'm very excited... and looking forward to meet you all :p

sacme
July 29th, 2005, 09:47 PM

Origins I agree. That was the worst.. cameo.. ever. More pointless, than pointless. Was that supposed to be a passing of the baton? That was as unsentimental as it gets. And why no hug between Jack and Daniel, the men that started it all? There was no familial feeling at all. Also-- I love RDA-- but he looked sick. Drained of energy, like the Wraith got at him. They shouldn't have wasted his time or ours. Don't bring him back unless he has something to do and/or until Amanda comes back. I know SG1 is/was a 4-member team and they all had important relationships with Jack, but, come on, what is the point of his being there when Amanda isn't! That was just a sad ending and possible goodbye for RDA.

ship sistah :(

sacme
July 29th, 2005, 09:50 PM

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v352/sacme/tptbm.jpg

my sentiments anyway.

ship sistah

nell
July 29th, 2005, 09:51 PM
I agree. That was the worst.. cameo.. ever. More pointless, than pointless. Was that supposed to be a passing of the baton? That was as unsentimental as it gets. And why no hug between Jack and Daniel, the men that started it all? There was no familial feeling at all. Also-- I love RDA-- but he looked sick. Drained of energy, like the Wraith got at him. They shouldn't have wasted his time or ours. Don't bring him back unless he has something to do and/or until Amanda comes back. I know SG1 is/was a 4-member team and they all had important relationships with Jack, but, come on, what is the point of his being there when Amanda isn't! That was just a sad ending and possible goodbye for RDA.

ship sistah :(

Yes, I thought that RDA Origins looked old-er. His face was puffy and pasty looking. I can't believe I'm using those words to describe him. He looked great in Avalon 1.

sacme
July 29th, 2005, 09:54 PM
Hi Shippers, I feel exhausted, going to bed at 2am two nights on a row.. I'm not for that anymore (PS: 35 years in September ;) )

I loved Ship day, but I did not have time to enjoy it, I had to work more than usual yesterday and missed posting or being part of the discussions, at least I'll get to read this weekend and see and enjoy your wonderfull post, pics, videos....

I'll post also the poll 2 results if you missed it soon.

you're right, the show wasn't bad, just the RDA sendoff. He and we deserved better-- and it should have happened last season while we still had him!

ship sistah

trupi
July 29th, 2005, 09:56 PM
Lynn did I warn you that my husband sleeps in the nude? I'm only kidding!!!! :p :p :p :p :p Sugarshaker,Lol4Jack we have to hang out in the bar, Saturday night and wait the arrival of certain people coming to the convention. It usually a convention event!

trupi
July 29th, 2005, 09:59 PM

my sentiments anyway.

ship sistah
This the greatest!

LOL4JACK
July 29th, 2005, 10:03 PM
Joe is in town... and answering questions...

Lynn
July 29th, 2005, 10:03 PM
Just an FYI - JM is on right now replying to questions so I just posted a "What's happening with Sam and Jack?' question which he has so far not answered :-(

Trupi - splashed out and got my own room with a King-Sized bed (Woo hoo!) My hubby wants to know why I need a King-Sized bed - I told him incase I met some nice good looking famous guy who took my fancy and then I remembered RDA won't be there :-(

gatebee
July 29th, 2005, 10:09 PM

my sentiments anyway.

ship sistah
lovely a new way to describe them .... TPTBM

Queen Eleta
July 29th, 2005, 10:13 PM

my sentiments anyway.

ship sistah

Yep. Or as I posted on the sam thread,
Jack: "TPTB boned us again!"

trupi
July 29th, 2005, 10:16 PM
Just an FYI - JM is on right now replying to questions so I just posted a "What's happening with Sam and Jack?' question which he has so far not answered :-(

Trupi - splashed out and got my own room with a King-Sized bed (Woo hoo!) My hubby wants to know why I need a King-Sized bed - I told him incase I met some nice good looking famous guy who took my fancy and then I remembered RDA won't be there :-(
JM isn't going to answer you and if he does it won't make any sense. Maybe he is the one coaching MS to speak his lines so fast. They can say anything and no one will understand!

King size bed--hmmmmmm :D :D :D :D :D Can we take pictures! Sorry, I'm tired! :rolleyes:

Dani76
July 29th, 2005, 10:26 PM
(((((Dani))))))

hmmm....didn't I used to see your name in association with the anti sam/jack thread? :P:D

Turn shol'va did you? :P:D

Now, wait a second here - I've never been in the anti sam/jack thread - I can't even belief that exists. I've been a shipper since Children of the Gods and I will always be one, no matter what.

Queen Eleta
July 29th, 2005, 10:27 PM
Joe is in town... and answering questions...
You posted a very good question. I wish I could post 'Please answer LOL4JACK's question' but I don't think they allow that. :(

Dani76
July 29th, 2005, 10:30 PM

I think Joe (Mallozi) mentioned in his thread that they were the same for SG-1 (I think 2.1) but not as good for Atlantis.

LOL4JACK
July 29th, 2005, 10:32 PM
You posted a very good question. I wish I could post 'Please answer LOL4JACK's question' but I don't think they allow that. :(

Thanks Queen... Maybe you could post, Joe, could it be possible for you to answer LOL4JACK's questions? :D it should be acceptable by forum rules :D:D:D I'm feeling a little bit Mad Gater right now :p well, somebody already kind of did.... ;)

sg-1fanintn
July 29th, 2005, 10:33 PM
Okay, Ship Family, I have a big question to pose to you. Hubby and I watched the RDA/MS scene back a couple of times (even though I'm very hacked at what a waste of RDA's time it was), and in our most humble (but professional media background) opinion.....

.....we don't think they shot the scene together!!!!! Look at how Jack's hand first appears in the front of the picture. Then, while they're talking, you see just the back of one man's head (could have been done with stand-ins or by layering), then the other.

Notice that the only time you actually see them in the frame together is when they're heading to the cafeteria. And I think it looks layered in. I mean, that kind of technology has been available since the 60s. I've heard it called "Patty Duke" technology. If you don't know what that means, ask, and I'll explain.

If hubby and I are right, it could have been a scheduling thing.....or for some other reason, they couldn't or wouldn't be on the set at the same time. Couple that with the fact that Gekko is no longer involved in the show, and I can't help but wonder if some people may have had a serious parting of the ways.

Please look at the scene again if you can, and let me know what you think. I'm not trying to be negative, but this scene just doesn't look consistent with the way the show is filmed. There has to be some reason.

As to the "grasping for ship" comments, I agree that, "I was in the neighborhood," is probably the least concrete thing we've ever seized upon in looking for ship. However, Area 51 is in Arizona, probably no more than 300 miles or so from Cheyenne Mountain. If you're flying a jet, or conducting official government business using a government plane as transportation, that's a 30-minute plane ride. And, if Jack really is the head of Homeworld Security, he would have good reason to visit both facilities on any trip west. Just a thought.....

Again, I'm leaning on Amanda's comments at Comic Con, and her history of being a good barometer for fans. We know she also tries to be as truthful as she can be without revealing the plots. If I didn't have faith in that, I'd be totally ticked off tonight!

Dani76
July 29th, 2005, 10:34 PM
With all due respect, no, we do NOT have to keep watching!! I have no intention of watching this cheap ripoff of a show I loved for eight years.

Those who want to watch can watch, but if somebody chooses not to, it doesn't make them any less a fan of the show. Just a fan of seeing it die a horrible, painful death.

:(

I'm sorry, Buc252, I didn't mean to offend anybody or imply that you're not a fan of the show anymore. :o I just don't want to give up hope just yet.
BTW - I also did not like the 2 minutes they gave RDA - what a joke. He deserves better.
Again, I sincerely apologize. :(

sg-1fanintn
July 29th, 2005, 10:35 PM
I think Joe (Mallozi) mentioned in his thread that they were the same for SG-1 (I think 2.1) but not as good for Atlantis.

SG-1 beat both SGA and BSG in last week's ratings. The story is posted on GW's home page.

LOL4JACK
July 29th, 2005, 10:42 PM
I'm sorry, Buc252, I didn't mean to offend anybody or imply that you're not a fan of the show anymore. :o I just don't want to give up hope just yet.
BTW - I also did not like the 2 minutes they gave RDA - what a joke. He deserves better.
Again, I sincerely apologize. :(
Dani, I think I can speak for the shipper family that we can all express our opinions freely even if they differ strongly...

You have many people here watching S9 and liking it, others are just OK, others waiting for the ship, others hating it and others not watching it at all... but we are all here in this thread for one reason, we love Sam & Jack together...

And hey... we are a family... so

((((Love is never having to say you are sorry))))

Queen Eleta
July 29th, 2005, 10:47 PM
Has anyone read that book 'He's Just Not That Into You'? Well, if we were dating the show, I think our friends would be telling us 'It's just not that into you.'

Did I happen to mention that I'm taking cold meds? And that I just had a blue jell-o shot at the Sam's a Great Character Thread? Could explain above statement.

trupi
July 29th, 2005, 10:55 PM
Dani, I think I can speak for the shipper family that we can all express our opinions freely even if they differ strongly...

You have many people here watching S9 and liking it, others are just OK, others waiting for the ship, others hating it and others not watching it at all... but we are all here in this thread for one reason, we love Sam & Jack together...

And hey... we are a family... so

((((Love is never having to say you are sorry))))
Well said!

LOL4JACK
July 29th, 2005, 11:02 PM
Yes, I thought that RDA Origins looked old-er. His face was puffy and pasty looking. I can't believe I'm using those words to describe him. He looked great in Avalon 1.
Yes, I saw the same... and do not want to accept it... I don't know at the end it was just a scene that should not have been at all I want my Jack back!!!!

gatebee
July 29th, 2005, 11:16 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v205/FilBrit1/sg1/74a3d220.bmp

because it is so.

lonely_star
July 30th, 2005, 12:44 AM
:( :( oh god!! I'm so disapointed in what I've read....thanks guys for posting spoilers and comments on the ep...I wish it was different...

I'm looking forward AT's return, at least I'll have one reason to watch this new show and give it a try. But you know originally I was thinkning that I'd do my best to see ther show, even being in France... :rolleyes: but now I don't even want to watch the show anymore... I prefer staying on a happy note in Threads.

sg-1fanintn, about your post, I think it's totally possible. They manipulate everything on tv shows, so i wouldn't be surprised, especially with RDA schedule. I wish I could give my opinion on that but I'm not sure I will see this episode anyday soon.

bouh...I think I need some cookies or passion jello... :o ...
no I'll come and read ship day thread that's way better to hang out with my family than make my weight grow bigger than it already is !! :D :D

Silver
July 30th, 2005, 01:55 AM
I take it the season 9 opening isn't very popular? :(

It's a shame that most of you say it was a waste of RDA's screentime. I was really looking forward to seeing him onscreen at least one last time in September! And regarding this "lack of warmth" towards Daniel... swthjfdhwebkdxw. Puts me off straight away.

Although, I wouldn't look at Daniel/Jack/Mitchell failing to mention Sam as too negative (but obviously I don't know because I haven't seen the episode yet). I mean, if Jack and Sam are together now, if they've told people, would they really they feel the need to inform Jack of what she's been up to and where she is?

As for Joe ignoring people's questions... I wouldn't worry, really! You know what he's like! Half of the questions, not only ships, have been ignored and maybe that's because he's waiting for people to watch and see what happens. Once Amanda's back, hopefully things will be more enjoyable and we'll finally get those answers! :)

I have a question regarding season 9 though...
I read in a question to Joe about Jack leaving the SGC without any explanation blah blah... and that he's sold his house in the Springs... is this true? Info. needed for a piece of fanfic! And if he has, at least he'll still have his cabin so he and Sam can go fishing to their hearts' content! ;) ;)

gate_girl12
July 30th, 2005, 02:08 AM
Well, I've been reading all of your thoughts on Season 9 of Stargate, as I'm in Melbourne, it hasn't come on TV yet...if Channel 7 actually EVER get their act together and take the stupid footy off.

I wasn't really looking forward to watching season 9... a stargate without Jack and Sam... just doesn't sound right to me. Now I've been reading all your comments, it sounds even worse!!!

But still, in the words of Sam... "still trying to keep positive."

Have a great weekend... and remember when you're feeling low...just do what I've been doing, get your SG-1 DVDs and watch all your favourite 'shippy' episodes:
ie: Beneath the Surface, WoO, Entity...etc. :p

divcon
July 30th, 2005, 02:16 AM
I'm Baaaaaaaack. After my time in the ship day thread my husband said I had to have some down time and he took over the net last night. I didn't end up going to bed for a nap when I logged off yesterday. Needless to say that when I woke up this morning after getting 7 hours sleep in 2 days I didn't feel the best today AND I had orientation for my new job this morning.

What a day we had. I enjoyed myself so much. I've still yet to read what was written after I left. Hope to do it tomorrow when hubby is at work.

After reading everything that you guys have written about 'Origins' it sounds like I'm going to be mightily dissappointed. As we are unlikely to get the new season until later in the year or early next year I'll make do with my DVD's and coming to talk to you guys to vent my sadness of Jack and Sam. You can lift a persons spirits high. Luv Ya All!!!!!!!! :D :D :) :)

florence
July 30th, 2005, 02:50 AM
http://yelims2.free.fr/Fete/Ballons.gif

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DANI76 !

http://yelims2.free.fr/Fete/Ballons.gif

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y41/shippy_flo/SamJack/1.jpg
Just because... (I'm sooo going to miss this in S9... :( )

divcon
July 30th, 2005, 03:45 AM
Hello *tapping the monitor* anyone out there?

I've just the last ten pages of the ship day thread that were posted after I left. All I can say is WOW! 65 pages and over 1200 posts. Do we rock or what? :D :D

Maybe we should send the link to tptb :( and they might actually get the idea :rolleyes: that 'JACK AND SAM BELONG TOGETHER!!!!!!!' in the past, the present and the future.

sueKay
July 30th, 2005, 04:09 AM
I see Avalon is a BIG PILE OF STINKIN CRAP!

Sorry.

I know that no-one's been able to see any good from this, but please...hear me out

The fact that RDA hasn't had 'the big sendoff' is a good sign...It means more than likely, they're expecting him to come back...and remember AT's commments "It's left up to you...until Rick's return"...or worst of that effect...remember...there were also meant to be scenes with just Daniel and Jack sitting outside as far as I remember

But I have to say...

CONGRATS JACK ON YOUR PROMOTION!!!!!!!!!

divcon
July 30th, 2005, 04:32 AM
Pretty quiet here at the moment. I might go spend some time with my husband. Catch you guys tomorrow. :) :)

sueKay
July 30th, 2005, 04:41 AM
Yeah...where is everyone????

We just need to hang on until the Ripple Effect...I'm SURE that's when we'll get the answer to the Golden Question!

galaxy
July 30th, 2005, 04:55 AM
HAPPY BIRTHDAY DANI76!!!

:) ;) :p :D :rolleyes: :cool: :S :D

http://tinypic.com/9llao1.jpghttp://tinypic.com/9llabp.jpg

(Awwww..aren't they cute together?)

I hope you have a wonderful day and all your dreams and wishes come true!

((((DANI76))))

:) ;) :D :p :rolleyes: :cool: :eek: :) :D

sueKay
July 30th, 2005, 05:06 AM
HAPPY BIRTHDAY DANI76!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Have a good one!!!!!!!!!

galaxy
July 30th, 2005, 05:19 AM

We just need to hang on until the Ripple Effect...I'm SURE that's when we'll get the answer to the Golden Question!

Yep, I agree. Believe it or not, but I'm still optimistic.
We just have to be patient.
Don't give up shippers!!! We've made it through tougher times than this.
And all things considered it doesn't look that bad for the ship!
There were times when I thought they dropped the ship completely and there was Pete...so it can hardly get worse.
We didn't give up back then and we shouldn't give up now.
JMHO. :)

((((Shippers)))) :) :) :)

ses110
July 30th, 2005, 07:02 AM
Suekay even though last night was tough I still think we have not seen the last of Jack.I really hope the Sam and Jack Ship lives on with Sam until we she Sam and Jack together.I also hope we have seen the last of the 2 minute Jack cameos.IMO it just does not work and makes things worse.I also hope it's Jack that is Sick in the four horsemen episode because that will add to the Ship and lets hope we get some great Ship in ripple affect.

nell
July 30th, 2005, 07:06 AM
Greetings Shippers!!

Seems to be a quiet this a.m. Eerily so. Similarly last night after Origins, nary a post for quite some time. Too much shock from Origins I reacted rather strongly. And not alone, I might add. But, thanks to some who saw the glass as half full instead of half empty, yes, there's still hope. Right now, I'm feeling a little numb. Must be ship withdrawal. Hey, we had a terrific Ship Day leading into episode 3 with Jack appearing and I was holding such hope. For something tiny even and got nada, zip, nothing! My hope now lies with Amanda/Sam's return. Mercifully, :eek: is out of her life and Amanda gave us a hint of hope. Amanda has been our single reliable source of shippy hints. ;) Hubby and I are going out for our Saturday coffee and bagels. I'll visit later. Oh, the Stargate Fan Awards noms are up and there is a banquet of Sam and Jack fanfics. No fat/carbs or artificial additives. Well, there's fantasies. :p

Zoser
July 30th, 2005, 07:46 AM
Okay, Ship Family, I have a big question to pose to you. Hubby and I watched the RDA/MS scene back a couple of times (even though I'm very hacked at what a waste of RDA's time it was), and in our most humble (but professional media background) opinion.....

.....we don't think they shot the scene together!!!!! Look at how Jack's hand first appears in the front of the picture. Then, while they're talking, you see just the back of one man's head (could have been done with stand-ins or by layering), then the other.

Notice that the only time you actually see them in the frame together is when they're heading to the cafeteria. And I think it looks layered in. I mean, that kind of technology has been available since the 60s. I've heard it called "Patty Duke" technology. If you don't know what that means, ask, and I'll explain.

If hubby and I are right, it could have been a scheduling thing.....or for some other reason, they couldn't or wouldn't be on the set at the same time. Couple that with the fact that Gekko is no longer involved in the show, and I can't help but wonder if some people may have had a serious parting of the ways.

Please look at the scene again if you can, and let me know what you think. I'm not trying to be negative, but this scene just doesn't look consistent with the way the show is filmed. There has to be some reason.

I only saw it once but that is exactly what I thought. It seem to answer the question of why they didn't shake hands FCOL. They are supposedly best friends.

As to the "grasping for ship" comments, I agree that, "I was in the neighborhood," is probably the least concrete thing we've ever seized upon in looking for ship. However, Area 51 is in Arizona, probably no more than 300 miles or so from Cheyenne Mountain. If you're flying a jet, or conducting official government business using a government plane as transportation, that's a 30-minute plane ride. And, if Jack really is the head of Homeworld Security, he would have good reason to visit both facilities on any trip west. Just a thought.....

Again, I'm leaning on Amanda's comments at Comic Con, and her history of being a good barometer for fans. We know she also tries to be as truthful as she can be without revealing the plots. If I didn't have faith in that, I'd be totally ticked off tonight!
I'm trying not to grasp on to straws, TPTB use very short ones and I think they are greased. I am sure they will only dish out ambiguity.

sueKay
July 30th, 2005, 08:04 AM
Wow!

It's been quiet here! I've been out, bought an engagement present, visited my work, got my hours, come back, and there's only been a handful of posts.

C'mon Shippers! Don't give up!

Even if, like me, you're not going to be watching the show religiously anymore (or at all), we can still visit this thread and let TPTB know that the S/J shippers are still here, and are stronger than ever. JM is here...that means we have a more direct link to the show than most shippers...we have to let them know the ship is not dead.

So post people, POST!!!!!!!!!!!!

And back to your shipping :D

sueKay
July 30th, 2005, 08:08 AM
I'll not be around tonight, as I've got a party to go to, so I shall hopefully see you all tomorrow!!!!!!

SAM AND JACK FOREVER!!!!!!!!!!!!

Myrth
July 30th, 2005, 08:13 AM
Something pretty... not entirely Sam/Jack this time.. but they're a big part of it ;)

http://www.bigbutton.com.au/%7Ewickedgrin/gallery/albums/userpics/10001/sg16.jpg

Dancer of Spaz... this is stage 1 of your idea ;)

Terrarin
July 30th, 2005, 08:13 AM
It's a shame that most of you say it was a waste of RDA's screentime. I was really looking forward to seeing him....I feel SO CHEATED. Saying he was going to be two episodes...I though at least he'd be PART OF THE PLOT!! AAAARGH.
But I say it all the time (and I truly have FAITH)... :)Shippers, don't worry: :)

I read I read...about Jack leaving the SGC without explanation blah blah...... he's sold his house in the Springs......at least he'll still have his cabin so he and Sam can go fishing to their hearts' content! ;)AGAIN: :) TPTB love us. J/S are together. :) The Edited-to-1-hour-Threads PROOVED it, beyond a reasonable doubt. (Anybody wanna argue about that?)

Once Amanda's back, hopefully things will be more enjoyable and we'll finally get those answers!AGAIN: It will be low-key. There will be lots of "3-day weekends" for Sam even after she returns...even if they don't say why.
AGAIN: :) :) :) Don't worry. :) :) :)

ann_sgcfan
July 30th, 2005, 08:39 AM
Hi Shippers!! I too was disappointed in last nights episode, because sadly I actually started out liking the episode. I posted this on another thread, but last nights episode wasn't filled with bad jokes and innuendos. It was more mature (yay writers :D ). However, TPTB ruined it for me in the end.

I actually looked forward to RDA return all week. I rushed home to watch it and missed the first 5 minutes and thought I missed him. I kept wondering where he was and if TPTB decided to take his scenes out Now that I saw it. I'm still wondering if they cut scenes. It did not showcase his talents at all. What angers me even further is that Mitchell had more O'Neill lines than Jack did. To me TPTB are writing Mitchell to be O'Neill. Are the afraid if they allow RDA to come back and react as he always have we will miss him and want him back? it's like they are purposefully downplaying his character!! When did Jack get a personality alteration??? Okay I think that I am through ranting for the moment. I can't believe the show aired last night and I am still upset about.

I loved the question LOL4JACK asked JM last night. I want to ask JM in a polite way why TPTB are downplaying Jack's role, is it too showcase Mitchell who is a younger version of O'Neill :S . RDA is a tremendous actor and his talents are not being used on Stargate. Any suggestions as to how to ask the questions nicely?? and not get edited by the MODs like my last question? Can anyone help? I'm not being critical of BB who I do like, but I'm still not sold on the Mitchell character.

ann_sgcfan
July 30th, 2005, 08:46 AM
Something pretty... not entirely Sam/Jack this time.. but they're a big part of it ;)

http://www.bigbutton.com.au/%7Ewickedgrin/gallery/albums/userpics/10001/sg16.jpg

Myrth loved the picture you psoted! Great work!

Catysg1
July 30th, 2005, 08:48 AM

SueKay ..Everybody is just fed up to sit in front of theTV screen every Friday night and expect to see Jack ( or at least this week) either in some kind of sensible role instead of not being part of the story ...or even expect a mention of his relationship to Sam ..That is it Suekay :( Just imagine how the other 5 weeks are gonna be like !!! :eek: :S
And when Sam comes back I'm pretty sure she will say something like "I had my reasons" ..Pretty pathetic I know .
The Sam and Jack ship will only be re-open right at the end for the party when you see them turning up together ..I also bet this will not be a big deal either ..because the ship would have been so ignored it would be really weird to have Sam and Jack with a big honking kiss as their relationship was not included in season 9 at all :(

trupi
July 30th, 2005, 08:48 AM
~Jack is a model picture of a very modern major general!~ Lets break out in song! (If you don't know, "Gilbert and Sullivan's Pirates of Penzance".)

Zoser
July 30th, 2005, 08:54 AM
Tired of that [email protected] TPTB are serving up this season?
May I suggest

Virtual Season 9

http://www.vs9.jackfic.com/main.htm

There are promotional videos for this season as well.

ann_sgcfan
July 30th, 2005, 09:02 AM
Tired of that [email protected] TPTB are serving up this season?
May I suggest

Virtual Season 9

http://www.vs9.jackfic.com/main.htm

There are promotional videos for this season as well.

Thanks Zoser for the website. I didn't even know such site existed. I looked at several "episode" titles and they look very interesting.

Catysg1
July 30th, 2005, 09:07 AM
Great points sg-1 fanintn.I think I like the Ori better than the Goa'uld.It is nice to see a serious enemy.Now for the bad.I cannot take the Daniel and Vala Show.Enough already.The rest of the characters are like Wallpaper.Why is Vala getting all this screen time when the character will be gone in a couple of weeks? I know Sam is not around yet but why not have Daniel Mitchell and Teal'c together for more than 5 seconds.The Jack scene was just horrible.What was the point?It really was better not to have Jack tonight.Why did we not see Jack talking with Daniel and Teal'c? We learned nothing about the what the Jack character will be doing.Sam cannot be back fast enough.The Ori were the only reason I did not fall asleep.If things do not change real quick I'am not sure how I can keep on watching.I hope the Sam and Jack Ship is worth it.

SES ..I just think that tptb is bored stiff about the Stargate SG1 show but they still carry on to make more money targeting the farscape fans ..I know it for a fact .. I post in another forum where nobody used to watch Stargate SG1 before ..They know nothing about Jack and Sam ship ..but as soon as they knew about BB and CB joinig in ..they started watching it and yes they like it ..they even like the Vala/Daniel ship .
As for JACK having a non sense part in Origins ..they could not care less..They do not know the character ..they only want to watch the show for BB , CB and Beau ...This is so sad , it makes me want to throw up

TPTB is targeting the farscape fans . they do not care about the real fans of the SG1 of the 8 previuos years otherwise they (tptb) would have increased the interaction between Jack/Daniel/Teal'c .All that is very upsetting for all Stargate fans ..shippers and non-shippers ..I think all Stargate fans in general will be against what TPTB is doing to the old team . :eek: :S :rolleyes: and very :( indeed .

Catysg1
July 30th, 2005, 09:22 AM
Ses110, I agree with you...
I actually like the Ori....I think they will be an awesome enemy and it will be interesting to see what they are capable of doing.
The thing that I'm really disappointed and frusterated with is the fact that the audience has no idea why Jack left, why Sam left, or why Daniel was going to leave. And I really did think that we were going to get something tonight to let us know where Jack has been.....but nothing! It's been three episodes! I swear TPTB are really desperate to string us a long. It's getting real tiring. I was looking forward to seeing Jack because I thought we would have gotten maybe a subtle hint of Sam or why Jack left and where has he been?
Some of you have mentioned already that Jack saying, "Oh I was just in the neighborhood.." May have been a subtle hint to him seeing Sam....but Sam isn't in the neighborhood. She's at area 51!
Oh and I have to admit that I did like Vala in this episode because she was more serious and actually interesting.....but have you seen the trailers for the next episode? It's back to the sex-driven, jokester, and selfish character that I didn't really like to begin with. I don't know if I want to watch the next episode. Maybe I'll have to record it and see what you all have to say about it and see if it's worth watching.
Anyway...I would have liked this episode a ton better, even with all of the Daniel/Vala scenes, if the guest appearance with RDA was handled better. Despite that I guess it was an okay episode. I'm just bored with all of these characters. I'm just hoping and praying that when Amanda/Sam comes back that things will smooth out and we will have a team again.

~*~Emilee~*~

I hope so Emilee :) with Sam around it should be a bit better but I would not expect a mention of ship on Sam's part or anybody else for that respect ..The only ship TBtp is interested now is Vala/Daniel ship . :rolleyes: Thsi is so bad on TPTB's part , it makes me cringe and all sad for all of the SG1 fans out there

ann_sgcfan
July 30th, 2005, 09:24 AM
SES ..I just think that tptb is bored stiff about the Stargate SG1 show but they still carry on to make more money targeting the farscape fans ..I know it for a fact .. I post in another forum where nobody used to watch Stargate SG1 before ..They know nothing about Jack and Sam ship ..but as soon as they knew about BB and CB joinig in ..they started watching it and yes they like it ..they even like the Vala/Daniel ship .
As for JACK having a non sense part in Origins ..they could not care less..They do not know the character ..they only want to watch the show for BB , CB and Beau ...This is so sad , it makes me want to throw up

TPTB is targeting the farscape fans . they do not care about the real fans of the SG1 of the 8 previuos years otherwise they (tptb) would have increased the interaction between Jack/Daniel/Teal'c .All that is very upsetting for all Stargate fans ..shippers and non-shippers ..I think all Stargate fans in general will be against what TPTB is doing to the old team . :eek: :S :rolleyes: and very :( indeed .

Sadly I think you are right. I have read some of these posts from Farscape fans and they are the target audience now for the New Stargate. I think if we are unhappy we should post a nicely worded question to JM (not attacking) just to let him know that we are unhappy and all is not good with the fans from the original Stargate. I understand he will never answer them, but at least he will read them. We won't change anything in the first part of the season, but we might for the 2nd part of the season. Or at least give TPTB something to think about. They have the potential to make a great S9, but for me all the pieces are not there... yet.

Catysg1
July 30th, 2005, 09:34 AM
Does somebody know if Avalon 1 and 2 ..and Origins did well in the ratings at all ?

I want season 9 to tank big time ...and may be we'll have the ending we deserve with Sam .......and JACK returning to SG1 too .

galaxy
July 30th, 2005, 09:36 AM
Sadly I think you are right. I have read some of these posts from Farscape fans and they are the target audience now for the New Stargate. I think if we are unhappy we should post a nicely worded question to JM (not attacking) just to let him know that we are unhappy and all is not good with the fans from the original Stargate. I understand he will never answer them, but at least he will read them. We won't change anything in the first part of the season, but we might for the 2nd part of the season. Or at least give TPTB something to think about. They have the potential to make a great S9, but for me all the pieces are not there... yet.

According to his blog he is well aware that not everyone is happy about season 9 so far....so I doubt that will make a difference. :S

But I'm really willing to give season 9 a chance. I'm waiting for Sam's return and then I will see if I still like the show or not. At the moment I feel like it's not the same show I used to watch and love, but maybe that will change after beachhead...I really hope so. :)

galaxy
July 30th, 2005, 09:43 AM
Does somebody know if Avalon 1 and 2 ..and Origins did well in the ratings at all ?

I want season 9 to tank big time ...and may be we'll have the ending we deserve with Sam .......and JACK returning to SG1 too .

The ratings for Avalon 1 were quite disappointing and for Avalon 2 not really better...here are the links:

Avalon 1:

http://www.gateworld.net/news/2005/07/seasonpremiereratingsfailt.shtml

Avalon 2:

http://www.gateworld.net/news/2005/07/isg-1iratingssteadywithava.shtml

Sorry, don't know anything about Origin... :)

ann_sgcfan
July 30th, 2005, 09:59 AM
I'm not trying to start a S9 ban or anything like that. :p I know several people have expressed their disapointment. I guess as long as TPTB know that not everyone is thrilled with this new show that they have developed then maybe that's all that can be done. Although JM metioned there were only a handful that didn't like it (I think there may be a few more than that). I know there are fans that (gasp)hate the J/S ship moments. (what are thery thinking :p ) So now they are thrilled with this new show. I guess I should be happy with the 8 years that I did watch and allow the others to have their show now.

I too am looking forward to Sam's return in Beachhead!! I am still hopefull that there will be J/S moments!! :D

melpomene
July 30th, 2005, 10:01 AM
*looking into chrystal ball* I see fic and vids in my future. Lots of fic, and vids, and reruns... Not a bad looking future when you think about it :)

nell
July 30th, 2005, 10:14 AM
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y209/cilljill/image38281.jpg
Sam: This is great! Why didn't TPTB let us do this years ago?
Jack: Yes, well, let's not dwell. They're kinda slow but we're here now!
Sam: But, the Shippers don't know it. TPTB are withholding confirmation from them. They're really upset.
Jack: Yeah, I know. nell, was ranting last night after Origins!
Sam: And sg-1fanintn and LOL4JACK and caty and Token and Queen Eleta and divcon and sueKay and Buc252 and I could go on. They're pretty upset.
Jack: Can you blame them? They don't know we lurk on The Thread. But, did you hear what they said about me in Origins? puffy face...old...pasty...tired...now that's insultin'!!!
Sam: Jack, don't take it personally. On the other hand, they are putting alot of faith in me when I return in Beach Head. What if the writers give me a weak script?
Jack: What about The Big Honkin' Kiss?
Sam: Yeah, all this practice fishing and we may never get a scene together this Season.
Jack: Sam, for crying outloud, we have to tell the Shippers, "Don't give up The Ship!!!"

galaxy
July 30th, 2005, 10:27 AM
I know there are fan that (gasp)hate the J/S ship moments. (what are thery thinking :p ) :D

Really???? :eek:

I thought they were a just myth, like Bigfoot or something....
But they actually exist???
Wow, they must be a grotesque spawn of evolution. :S

:p :D

galaxy
July 30th, 2005, 10:34 AM
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y209/cilljill/image38281.jpg

Sam: This is great! Why didn't TPTB let us do this years ago?
Jack: Yes, well, let's not dwell. They're kinda slow but we're here now!
Sam: But, the Shippers don't know it. TPTB are withholding confirmation from them. They're really upset.
Jack: Yeah, I know. nell, was ranting last night after Origins!
Sam: And sg-1fanintn and LOL4JACK and caty and Token and Queen Eleta and divcon and sueKay and Buc252 and I could go on. They're pretty upset.
Jack: Can you blame them? They don't know we lurk on The Thread. But, did you hear what they said about me in Origins? puffy face...old...pasty...tired...now that's insultin'!!!
Sam: Jack, don't take it personally. On the other hand, they are putting alot of faith in me when I return in Beach Head. What if the writers give me a weak script?
Jack: What about The Big Honkin' Kiss?
Sam: Yeah, all this practice fishing and we may never get a scene together this Season.
Jack: Sam, for crying outloud, we have to tell the Shippers, "Don't give up The Ship!!!"

ROFLMAO :D :D :D

That was great! I was laughing so hard, I almost fell off my chair!
Thanks nell!

nell
July 30th, 2005, 10:42 AM
ROFLMAO :D :D :D

That was great! I was laughing so hard, I almost fell off my chair!
Thanks nell!

You're welcome!!! Just the effect I wanted to have on our somber moods!! Let's brighten up and move forward in our Shippy Places to reflect on Past Ship and hopes for Future Ship!!! ;) It's worth a try! :rolleyes: I'll get a big honkin' headache if I don't lighten up! Don't want that. This is, afterall, a TV series! **nell's alter speaks** "Yeah, right!!" :D

Zoser
July 30th, 2005, 10:43 AM
I'm not trying to start a S9 ban or anything like that. :p I know several people have expressed their disapointment. I guess as long as TPTB know that not everyone is thrilled with this new show that they have developed then maybe that's all that can be done. Although JM metioned there were only a handful that didn't like it (I think there may be a few more than that). I know there are fans that (gasp)hate the J/S ship moments. (what are thery thinking :p ) So now they are thrilled with this new show. I guess I should be happy with the 8 years that I did watch and allow the others to have their show now.

I too am looking forward to Sam's return in Beachhead!! I am still hopefull that there will be J/S moments!! :D
JM may think there is only a handful that are unhappy but I asked a question on his 'Ask JM' thread and it got wiped. I didn't think I was remotely mean - just said what I thought.
BTW there is a poll on the Gateworld home page for the currant weeks episode - use it to tell them (TPTB) what you think.

ann_sgcfan
July 30th, 2005, 10:47 AM
Really???? :eek:

I thought they were a just myth, like Bigfoot or something....
But they actually exist???
Wow, they must be a grotesque spawn of evolution. :S

:p :D

LOL :D :p :D

LOL4JACK
July 30th, 2005, 10:53 AM
You're welcome!!! Just the effect I wanted to have on our somber moods!! Let's brighten up and move forward in our Shippy Places to reflect on Past Ship and hopes for Future Ship!!! ;) It's worth a try! :rolleyes: I'll get a big honkin' headache if I don't lighten up! Don't want that. This is, afterall, a TV series! **nell's alter speaks** "Yeah, right!!" :D
((((Nell))))), this is great, as someone said yesterday that is what is good about the shipper family we give each other hopes.... so as you, I'm sticking to the Neighborhood reference

On another note and to keep with tradition....

My 500 post celebration dance... there always has to be a dance... :p

http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/5/5_5_138.gif

nell
July 30th, 2005, 10:57 AM
((((Nell))))), this is great, as someone said yesterday that is what is good about the shipper family we give each other hopes.... so as you, I'm sticking to the Neighborhood reference

On another note and to keep with tradition....

My 500 post celebration dance... there always has to be a dance... :p

http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/5/5_5_138.gif

LOL4JACK, CONGRATULATIONS!!!! 500 POSTS

LOL4JACK
July 30th, 2005, 11:09 AM
LOL4JACK, CONGRATULATIONS!!!! 500 POSTS
((((Thank you Nell)))) but I'm worried, what happened? just yesterday we were celebrating our 400 post together... could it be that Nano virus from Psomething? :eek:

Well, I have to admit I have discovered another passion... WetShep :D he is aging me :p

nell
July 30th, 2005, 11:12 AM
((((Thank you Nell)))) but I'm worried, what happened? just yesterday we were celebrating our 400 post together... could it be that Nano virus from Psomething? :eek:

Well, I have to admit I have discovered another passion... WetShep :D he is aging me :p

Ship Day earned me loads of posts. I can't believe how close I am to 500. Wet Shep?????**puzzled look** 'splain! Is this OT? Then, PM. ;)

florence
July 30th, 2005, 11:24 AM
Congrats on your 500 LOL4JACK ! I think it's time for party ! :D

PS : Nell, if you want to know about her new WetShep addiction, have a look at the Shep Thunk Thread ! ;) :D

melpomene
July 30th, 2005, 11:28 AM
Congrats (((((LOL4JACK))))) on 500!!!

LOL4JACK
July 30th, 2005, 11:45 AM
(((((((((Mel, Florence, Galaxy,Nell))))))))) Thanks, I have to say, this place always cheers me up.... after last night we definitely have to take the ship in our hands..., like we did for S9 opening season... re-write :D

So, last night in Origins :p

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y219/cmb1009/Origin.bmp
Jack: Daniel, zippit... zip, ip...
Daniel: But Jack we need Sam here, with the Ori we can not make it without Sam
Jack: But I need her more...

Billie
July 30th, 2005, 12:07 PM
Hey guys! I've only been away for a couple of days but it feels like ages....missed you all! :)

Having caught up on the posts I'm taking it that Origins didn't give you guys a warm cuddly feeling and that's not good. How bout a big billie shipper hug for all those a little downhearted

((((((((((((All :( shippers following Origins)))))))))))))))

Thanks for the laughs nell, I loved your 'keep smiling shippers' story...sure made me ' :) '

And as for you LOL4JACK I only posted a posting milestone pic story for you the other day....slow down girl I can't keep up with you!!! Congrats on the 500!!!! *pick it up nell your slacking hee hee!!*

Am thinking we all need to book into the shipper therpy clinic so here's a little repeat of mine to get us started....(sorry about my unoriginality but desperate times call for desperate measures!)

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a57/pcbillie/failsafe3.jpg
There once was a woman called Sam

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a57/pcbillie/samlook.jpg
Who only had eyes for one man

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a57/pcbillie/failsafe4.jpg
The mans name was Jack

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a57/pcbillie/jacklook.jpg
Who felt the same back

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a57/pcbillie/honkinkiss.jpg
So together forever’s the plan!

Keep the shippy faith!! :D

xkawaiix
July 30th, 2005, 12:28 PM
Ah, that kiss was great, good times, good times. :)

Hi all! I found this funny avatar http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b350/xkawaiix/fish.gif reminds me of fishing... :D

Dani76
July 30th, 2005, 12:32 PM
Thank you all for your birthday wishes. The S/J Ship Family is the best. Can't wish for more on my BD! :D

nell
July 30th, 2005, 12:59 PM
Hey guys! I've only been away for a couple of days but it feels like ages....missed you all! :)

Having caught up on the posts I'm taking it that Origins didn't give you guys a warm cuddly feeling and that's not good. How bout a big billie shipper hug for all those a little downhearted

Thanks for the laughs nell, I loved your 'keep smiling shippers' story...sure made me ' :) '

And as for you LOL4JACK I only posted a posting milestone pic story for you the other day....slow down girl I can't keep up with you!!! Congrats on the 500!!!! *pick it up nell your slacking hee hee!!*

Am thinking we all need to book into the shipper therpy clinic so here's a little repeat of mine to get us started....(sorry about my unoriginality but desperate times call for desperate measures!)

The mans name was Jack

Who felt the same back

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a57/pcbillie/honkinkiss.jpg[/spoiler]

Shipper Sister, you are cool!!! Keep 'em coming!!! :D

Gatetrixer
July 30th, 2005, 01:02 PM
Major rant coming up. These thoughts were formulated before I read posts from others.

RDA came all the way up to Vancouver for this? That was my first thought. If this is Jack's goodbye it's a terrible way to do it. Pointless, pointless. Now I know RDA has said "might...might not" with reference to coming back, but really, where would he fit in now? They've burnt their bridges. But back to his scene(s). Avalon I-- The one with Landry playing chess had no reason for being. The references to him--no key to the desk, not telling Mitchell SG-1 had disbanded, made him seem not just quirky, which we know he is, but out-to lunch. And where did that photo of him thoughtfully looking out the window go to? That wasn't shown in the episode, unless my slo-mo is bad, just his talking to Mitchell (and he was never in the room with him). Origin--he looked so tired in his scene with Daniel. What goes? If he really was tired, shouldn't Makeup have worked on that? The idea of going to eat with Daniel sounded a bit okay, like the old days, so I didn't mind his "hungry" remark so much, but the rest of the whole thing was..what? Then the flight with Mitchell. When did that take place? Passing of the torch it was supposed to be, I guess. But do we remember Jack as a pilot that much? I don't. Why couldn't there have been a scene of Jack walking through the halls and rooms of SG, various personnel either greeting him, saluting or whatever--ending up in the Gate Room and gazing on it or even walking up the ramp and maybe even saluting the "round spinny thing.?" Instead we get so much time give to Mitchell's feat over Antarctica, Mitchell walking up the ramp, Walter talking about him in hushed tones. Sheesh. And imagine a new watcher, saying,"what's going on, why is that General leaving?" I'm not even getting into the ship topic, this is all about the disservice done to Jack. Jack-- one of the greatest characters in Sci-fi TV history might just have left not with a bang but a pffft. Rant over. I'm gonna cry.

Billie
July 30th, 2005, 01:05 PM
I have so many fav Jack and Sam episodes (like divcon I am an die hard shipper). I def agree with Madeleine_W on Solitudes. It had lots of ship for those of us who love that but it was great that they also brought out the developing respect that the two characters have for eachother. I also love the 'macgadget' outtake from the episode, AT is hilarious!!

However, if I had to choose one episode it would be a tough call between Divide and Conquer and Threads but I would probably go for Threads as it has my fav scene in it (shipper heaven!) :D

m_wendy_r
July 30th, 2005, 01:07 PM
Hey Guys!!!

Just a quick post to say that I'm going away for two weeks so I'm not going to be online for that time, I will be back.

I also want to say that Ship Day was excellent and I really enjoyed it. :)

Wendy
Hugs :D

Qasim
July 30th, 2005, 01:11 PM
Moebius and Window of Opportunity

Billie
July 30th, 2005, 01:16 PM
Hey Guys!!!

Just a quick post to say that I'm going away for two weeks so I'm not going to be online for that time, I will be back.

I also want to say that Ship Day was excellent and I really enjoyed it. :)

Wendy
Hugs :D

Hope it's for a holiday! http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/36/36_1_74.gif
Safe travels wendy and have a fab time! :) Take lots of ship fic with you, a must for all time away! :D

See you when you get back

Jack and Sam will miss you too :(

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a57/pcbillie/redemption2.jpg
You hurry back wendy ya hear!! :p

ComTraya
July 30th, 2005, 01:21 PM
Mine is in Beneath the Surface when Jack says he remembers feeling feelings.

nell
July 30th, 2005, 01:48 PM
Major rant coming up. These thoughts were formulated before I read posts from others.

RDA came all the way up to Vancouver for this? That was my first thought. If this is Jack's goodbye it's a terrible way to do it. Pointless, pointless. Now I know RDA has said "might...might not" with reference to coming back, but really, where would he fit in now? They've burnt their bridges. But back to his scene(s). Avalon I-- The one with Landry playing chess had no reason for being. The references to him--no key to the desk, not telling Mitchell SG-1 had disbanded, made him seem not just quirky, which we know he is, but out-to lunch. And where did that photo of him thoughtfully looking out the window go to? That wasn't shown in the episode, unless my slo-mo is bad, just his talking to Mitchell (and he was never in the room with him). Origin--he looked so tired in his scene with Daniel. What goes? If he really was tired, shouldn't Makeup have worked on that? The idea of going to eat with Daniel sounded a bit okay, like the old days, so I didn't mind his "hungry" remark so much, but the rest of the whole thing was..what? Then the flight with Mitchell. When did that take place? Passing of the torch it was supposed to be, I guess. But do we remember Jack as a pilot that much? I don't. Why couldn't there have been a scene of Jack walking through the halls and rooms of SG, various personnel either greeting him, saluting or whatever--ending up in the Gate Room and gazing on it or even walking up the ramp and maybe even saluting the "round spinny thing.?" Instead we get so much time give to Mitchell's feat over Antarctica, Mitchell walking up the ramp, Walter talking about him in hushed tones. Sheesh. And imagine a new watcher, saying,"what's going on, why is that General leaving?" I'm not even getting into the ship topic, this is all about the disservice done to Jack. Jack-- one of the greatest characters in Sci-fi TV history might just have left not with a bang but a pffft. Rant over. I'm gonna cry.

Been there, felt that! Here's a tissue! Feel better? Good to rant, I did so last night! Look at the picture. Deep, cleansing breaths. Sam and Jack, they're meant to be!!
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y209/cilljill/image36091.jpg

shelsfc
July 30th, 2005, 02:05 PM
I'm really disappointed with what I've been hearing about Origins. Not so much from a shippy point of view, cos I wasn't expecting there to be anything, but I don't like that it sounds like they went to the trouble of having a Daniel/Jack scene, but they completely forgot about the fact that these two men are close friends. That relationship was probably the main thing that got me hooked on Stargate in the first place, and at times I think it's treated worse than S/J. Grr. :(

Still, ship goes on.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v496/shels86/jacksamthelostcity4.jpg

shelsfc
July 30th, 2005, 02:12 PM
http://bestsmileys.com/birthday1/10.gif

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DANI76!!!!!

ann_sgcfan
July 30th, 2005, 02:19 PM
I agree with all the episodes mentioned so far, they are among my favorites. Here is another episode that I love between Jack and Sam that is not mentioned as often - "Small Victories" I loved the scene in Sam's lab where she is looking at the replicator blocks and Jack comes in and looks at her through the magnified glass and asked what she was doing. Sam is laughing and explains. He grins and asked her to go fishing. She continues to smile and says she is staying there. The two are smiling and grinning the whole time. It a light hearted moment and it is among my favorites.

At the end of the episode Sam tells Jack the Asgard had a ship named after him, but they had to blow it up. His reaction is hilarious.

BlackVelvetEyes
July 30th, 2005, 02:21 PM
Hey.., I'm a newbie.. :D

I just want to introduce myself. I read in this forum (especially this thread!!) for nearly a year without post something. Many times I really want to, but I didn`t dare, because my english isn`t that good. :o

What I really have to say is that you folks really know how to cheer a sad Shipper up!!!

The last episode I saw was "Moebius1+2" and I`m a little afraid to watch the ninth season - without RDA. I was totally upset when I read what a fellow user in my german Stargate Forum wrote.

Maybe ORIGIN SPOILER!!!!!

One Guy wrote:

"To see Jack in a szene in this episode was kinda like a foreign body in the eyes. He doesn`t match in the dynamik anymore und RDA acts like he was bored to play Jack O`Neill."

Is that true??!! :S

Terrah
July 30th, 2005, 02:28 PM
Hi all :)
I thought I would post a couple of pics, I have been busy updating the last vid I did, a Sam Jack vid, hope you like it. :) Woman - By John Lennon
My site (http://members.lycos.co.uk/terrah/)

This one needs a caption :D
Click me (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v719/Terrah/Stargate%20SG1/Sam%20Jack/js2.jpg)

Click me 2 (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v719/Terrah/Stargate%20SG1/Sam%20Jack/js1.jpg)

Billie
July 30th, 2005, 02:29 PM

I just want to introduce myself. I read in this forum (especially this thread!!) for nearly a year without post something. Many times I really want to, but I didn`t dare, because my english isn`t that good. :o

What I really have to say is that you folks really know how to cheer a sad Shipper up!!!

The last episode I saw was "Moebius1+2" and I`m a little afraid to watch the ninth season - without RDA. I was totally upset when I read what a fellow user in my german Stargate Forum wrote.

One Guy wrote:

"To see Jack in a szene in this episode was kinda like a foreign body in the eyes. He doesn`t match in the dynamik anymore und RDA acts like he was bored to play Jack O`Neill."

Welcome to the ship family BlackVelvetEyes!! :p Good to hear you have decided to delurk. Your English sounds good to me and besides, ship is an international language!! :D

As for the comment regarding S9 I'm afraid I can't help you there as I've got to wait until Oct to see it here in the UK (not that I'm overly bothered due to the lack of RDA and ship :( )

Come back and post often, we shippers love to chat!! :)

florence
July 30th, 2005, 02:32 PM
Welcome in the Shipper Family BlackVelvetEyes ! :)

Don't worry about your english, it's pretty clear to me ;)

BlackVelvetEyes
July 30th, 2005, 02:33 PM
My favorite is definitely the hug in "Heroes II". I think that was the best on-

screen-hug I ever saw in TV or cinema. :)

Sela
July 30th, 2005, 02:38 PM
Sam and Jack in the elevator.
"Humming?"

My mind has gone blank with the name of the episode, but it's one of my all time favorite Jack / Sam moments. It's really very intimate if you think about the subject they're discussing. Or rather, not discussing. :)

Billie
July 30th, 2005, 02:40 PM
I thought I would post a couple of pics, I have been busy updating the last vid I did, a Sam Jack vid, hope you like it. :) Woman - By John Lennon

Click me (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v719/Terrah/Stargate%20SG1/Sam%20Jack/js2.jpg)

Click me 2 (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v719/Terrah/Stargate%20SG1/Sam%20Jack/js1.jpg)

Hey Terrah. Oooo another shippy vid, fab!! :D

As for captions for the pics, I put this together a while ago, hope you like!!

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?p=4360856#post4360856

nell
July 30th, 2005, 02:43 PM

One Guy wrote:

WILKOMMEN, BlackVelvetEyes!!! Wie gehen Sie? Mein Benutzername ist nell! I visited for months before I finally posted. The Shippers are very friendly!! Your English is very good. You have seen all of my Deutsch!!

WELCOME, BlackVelvetEyes!!!!

LOL4JACK
July 30th, 2005, 02:43 PM
Welcome in the Shipper Family BlackVelvetEyes ! :)

Don't worry about your english, it's pretty clear to me ;)
Welcome to the family BlackVelvetEyes... you'll love it here, I hope :p.... you're english perfect... I make tons of mistake, some I have time to correct and others I just read them afterwards and laugh :p

PS: Did you have time to check Ship Day's thread?

Terrah
July 30th, 2005, 02:47 PM
Hey Terrah. Oooo another shippy vid, fab!! :D

As for captions for the pics, I put this together a while ago, hope you like!!

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?p=4360856#post4360856

LOL I love your captions. :D

Ship Nana
July 30th, 2005, 02:53 PM
I hope so Emilee :) with Sam around it should be a bit better but I would not expect a mention of ship on Sam's part or anybody else for that respect ..The only ship TBtp is interested now is Vala/Daniel ship . :rolleyes: Thsi is so bad on TPTB's part , it makes me cringe and all sad for all of the SG1 fans out there

I can't even bring myself to watch the new season. And during Ship Day I wondered why that was.

So I thought about it and realized that if TPTB had allowed Sam and Jack to take that final step to be together as a couple with Jack in Washington, and Sam, well, doing what Sam needed to do with the SGC and/or Area 51, then I think I could've moved on with the new characters. They could have had the very occasional mention of Jack by Sam and I would've been happy knowing that Jack was still out there somewhere with his love for Sam and hers for him.

There just wasn't that final closure for me where I really felt that they were together and I sure didn't think that TPTB would reference the Ship in Season 9 if they couldn't hardly deal with it in 8 complete seasons.

I just couldn't open myself up for more hoping, and waiting and waiting and hoping and accepting what crumbs TPTB threw our way. Sometimes we even had to look really hard to see those crumbs and sometimes we even made our own crumbs when we weren't given any.

TPTB treatment of Jack, from what all of you have said, in the new season is just further comfirmation of how I feel.

I'll keep checking in from time to time because I really do love the Shipper Family and well, I guess I can't help myself. I'm just a weak Shipper and the niggling thing called hope creeps up on me and so I stop in to see if anything has changed. And then I remember TPTB and I get a grip on myself.

Love to you all. (((((((((((((((Shipper Family)))))))))))))))

Sam and Jack forever!

Billie
July 30th, 2005, 02:53 PM
Well, yet again it's been a pleasure fellow shippers :) Am off to bed now armed with a freshly printed version of the ship fic 'Twilight' which was so well recommended during Ship Day that I've been dying to read it!
Trouble is I'm so bad at putting fanfic down that I just know I'll still be reading it at 3am!!
I feel sorry for my work mates tomorrow as a tired Billie isn't a pretty sight! :p

As an inspiration for lots of shippy dreams here's my fav J&S moment as voted in Ship Day Poll 1
Spoiler pic S8 Threads
http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a57/pcbillie/jacksam16.jpg

Night Night :D

shelsfc
July 30th, 2005, 03:05 PM
:D Welcome BlackVelvetEyes!!! :D

LOL4JACK
July 30th, 2005, 03:09 PM
I've just read the first part of HailDorothy's Chosen Hearts series and OMG, I love it.... not only that but reading it now it gives so more perspective to the show...

Shippers if you haven't read it I really recomend it... I can tell you it all makes sense :p Charades (http://www.jackfic.com/archive/archive/24/1CHARADE_Novella_ChosenHeartsSeriesPreS1101.html)

And to the author I have two words:

Hail Dorothy!!!

L-JADE
July 30th, 2005, 03:09 PM
"Humming?"

My mind has gone blank with the name of the episode, but it's one of my all time favorite Jack / Sam moments. It's really very intimate if you think about the subject they're discussing. Or rather, not discussing. :)

That would be CHIMERIA, that part of the story I like, because they talk about Sam's occurance of speeding ticket very familiarly, like an on-going occasion. Not the Pete part though :eek:

My fave would be the kiss in WOO, while it's 'forgotten' by all but Jack (and maybe Tea'lc) I think it's nice to see that Sam was readily kissing Jack back in the Control-room even when he kissed her by surprise.

I don't really like the kiss (however long/thorough) in Moebius 2, it's AU, it's not our Sam & Jack. I prefer other hug scenes (Heroes 2 / Death Knell), shipping invites or even 'Lunch ?' invite at the end of Evolution 2, it felt more real. Simple, real and familiar and definitely OUR Sam & Jack.

nell
July 30th, 2005, 03:11 PM

Terrah, Your Woman vid is beautiful**romantic**loving**touching**did I say romantic?? **sigh** :p

stargate barbie
July 30th, 2005, 03:11 PM
hey kids, i'm back. i've been reading some of the spoilers about the first 3 eps of season 9 and its just not enough! does anyone have a link to screen caps and transcripts of the sam bits and the jack bits and whatnot?

nell
July 30th, 2005, 03:16 PM
I've just read the first part of HailDorothy's Chosen Hearts series and OMG, I love it.... not only that but reading it now it gives so more perspective to the show...

Shippers if you haven't read it I really recomend it... I can tell you it all makes sense :p Charades (http://www.jackfic.com/archive/archive/24/1CHARADE_Novella_ChosenHeartsSeriesPreS1101.html)

And to the author I have two words:

Hail Dorothy!!!

Well, between you with Chosen Hearts and Billie with Twilight, some sweet dreams are ahead for you both when your sleepy eyes drift shut amid the romantic, loving words of these two fine writers!! :p ;)

Meredith
July 30th, 2005, 03:25 PM
"Humming?"

I believe it was "Chimera" from 7th season. I like this scene, too, especially her humming the Stargate theme :D

one of my favourite scenes is the conversation between Sam and "Jack" in "Grace".

Sela
July 30th, 2005, 03:29 PM
That would be CHIMERIA, that part of the story I like, because they talk about Sam's occurance of speeding ticket very familiarly, like an on-going occasion. Not the Pete part though :eek:

My fave would be the kiss in WOO, while it's 'forgotten' by all but Jack (and maybe Tea'lc) I think it's nice to see that Sam was readily kissing Jack back in the Control-room even when he kissed her by surprise.

I don't really like the kiss (however long/thorough) in Moebius 2, it's AU, it's not our Sam & Jack. I prefer other hug scenes (Heroes 2 / Death Knell), shipping invites or even 'Lunch ?' invite at the end of Evolution 2, it felt more real. Simple, real and familiar and definitely OUR Sam & Jack.
Thank for the name. I had forgotten.

I have to agree with you about everything except the Moebius 2 kiss. I loved it because it was so very funny and because it was exactly what we had been wanting to see for eight seasons but because the characters are who they are we couldn't see. I laugh like a crazy person everytime I watch it.

Lord Zedd
July 30th, 2005, 04:06 PM
to the entire shipper family:

Hi all how are you?? Have you missed your male friend / shipper Anubis :D ;) sorry but I was away for a while but I haven't abandoned you guys. But I hope you can find it all in your heart to forgive me that I missed the Shipperday !! :( :( jumps into the puddle jumper with the time machine and goes back to the shipper day. I can't believe I missed it :S we should perahps shedule it montly a shipper day! I have been busy with work and school and I can't seem to find the error in my laptop ! Soon I am getting a more powerfull computer I can't wait for it. Also then I am going to spent more online here at gateworld or at stargate omega or at stargate intel. Speaking of stargate intel have you seen the latest things sueKay has done !! Take a look ! GO a head :p nice work sueKay ! love it (((sueKay)))

to Terrah:

I'll check everything out about your latest video and such tommorow ! I am curieus how fans of stargate make their own sites :D I have made mine but I am working on a serieius update :p but it takes time

to Nell:

yes Nell indeed Hail Dorothy !! :D ;) the witch (Pete) is dead :p

to Backvelveteyes:

welcome and nice of you to join the shipper family There is a memo in here that you proabably go insane ! but anyway welcome and stay around a while at least. I can't help it but I noticed a lot of people joined the shipper thread but they posted perhaps 10 posts and than left and never came back :( too bad !! so you better stay in here ;)

to Uber SG-1:

I must say I have read somewhere here at GW a very long post of you. I think it was in a thread where somebody didn't miss Carter ! Good post. I wanted to give you some green points because you deserve them but well the system sucks :rolleyes:

to the world:

I have a message for you: when the power of love overcomes the love for power the world will know peace !

night night to all of you ! and to others like in the US good morning campers or goodafternoon

Lynn
July 30th, 2005, 04:30 PM
Ok so quickly checking in before running out to dinner and look what I found over in the Ask Joe Mallozzi thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by purpletoo1
Hi Joe,
NICE!! Loved The Siege Pt 3 and Avalon1 was a surprise even with all the spoilers! And fuuuuuunny!
But I missed something, what are Stargates R & D in area 51? Sam seemed to be on a ship. Help please!
Thank you sir! Love your blog, hope it doesn't go away!

Carter has had a number of things to occupy her time - research and development, deep space reconaissance, and taking time off to be with Cassie are just a few of the things she'd been up to.

sueKay
July 30th, 2005, 05:13 PM
CONGRATS LOL4JACK

(((((((((((SHIP NANA))))))))))))))

Thank you _Anubis!

Anywho...I've made up my mind...

I'm not going to watch season nine...It sounds awful...

Let's just say that after I saw The Lost City, I couldn't wait for New order...But with Avalon 1...I couldn't be bothered with Avalon 2

To be honest...I've not been a fan of SG1 for a while...But I am a fan of the SG1 FANDOM, and that's the reason I'm still kicking around here.

Ship Nana
July 30th, 2005, 05:41 PM
CONGRATS LOL4JACK

(((((((((((SHIP NANA))))))))))))))

((((((((((SueKay)))))))))))))

Thank you _Anubis!

Anywho...I've made up my mind...

I'm not going to watch season nine...It sounds awful...

Let's just say that after I saw The Lost City, I couldn't wait for New order...But with Avalon 1...I couldn't be bothered with Avalon 2

To be honest...I've not been a fan of SG1 for a while...But I am a fan of the SG1 FANDOM, and that's the reason I'm still kicking around here.

Me too! Oh and don't forget FANFIC as well!!! :)

sueKay
July 30th, 2005, 06:03 PM
Yeah...here's to the

The talented, amazing, thoughtful, lovely people that are the FANS, WRITERS, ARTISTS, VID MAKERS AND WEBMASTERS THAT ARE DEDICATED TO SG1, and it's CHARACTERS

Buc252
July 30th, 2005, 06:47 PM
Lynn did I warn you that my husband sleeps in the nude? I'm only kidding!!!! :p :p :p :p :p

Ooooh oooh oooh!! He doesn't happen to look like RDA, does he?? <vbEg> She probably wouldn't mind so much - or at all - if that were the case. ;)

trupi
July 30th, 2005, 06:50 PM
JM is lurking! I know that you are out there! Keep posting! Wouldn't be lurking if not interested in the response to show! Why was Jack made a Major General?

Buc252
lovely a new way to describe them .... TPTBM

When XF went from S7 into the horrible destruction of the show they called Season 8, some of we fans changed TPTB into TIIC. I think that Stargate SG1's PTB have *more* than earned the right to share that title.

(Yes, for those who can't guess, that's "the idiots in charge". LOL)

Okay, I confess - that was a bit childish. But if they can, then I can. <g>

LadyJeep

The mans name was Jack

Who felt the same back

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a57/pcbillie/honkinkiss.jpg

Billie,
Such a beatiful Shippy story. It lightened my heart and made me smile! :p

HailDorothy
July 30th, 2005, 06:53 PM
Hi LOL4JACK,

Wow! I popped tonight And while skimmning the posts, I came across yours.

It's hot and humid here in Wisconsin and I just got warmer. Gosh, darn, golly gee! Thanks for the sweet compliment on the Chosen Hearts Series and Charades. :o It's been a work of pure joy and stretching my imagiination to as you said attempting to give more perspective to the show.

I hope as you get further into the series you'll be even more surprised as the tangled strands of their unique relationship gets more complicated for Sam and Jack.

Again, thanks for the vote of confidence! ;)

I'm going to bed happy tonight! :D

Buc252
July 30th, 2005, 06:58 PM

I really like the Sam/Jack part of this . . . but I don't know who the other people are. (For a second I thought that was Janet with the gun, but . . . nope.) But kudos all the same! Good job!

HailDorothy
July 30th, 2005, 06:59 PM
Hey Shippers!!!

]I'M BACK!!![/COLOR] :D

And still trying to figure out how to use the post's fonts colors etc....ARGH!

HailDorothy
July 30th, 2005, 07:09 PM
Humm, my botched up hello musta scared everyone away. :(

"Hey, Carter, where'd everybody go?" :S

"I think they're still recovering from Ship Day, sir."

"Well, that means we're alone again and um, we can, well ya know...." ;)

"No, sir, I don't. Perhaps you need to personally refresh my memory."

"Sweet!" :cool:

Buc252
July 30th, 2005, 07:11 PM
Thank you all for your birthday wishes. The S/J Ship Family is the best. Can't wish for more on my BD! :D

I know I'm a bit late, and it's almost over, but Happy Birthday anyway, Dani! Hope it was one of the best!

Buc252
July 30th, 2005, 07:17 PM
I can't even bring myself to watch the new season. And during Ship Day I wondered why that was.

So I thought about it and realized that if TPTB had allowed Sam and Jack to take that final step to be together as a couple with Jack in Washington, and Sam, well, doing what Sam needed to do with the SGC and/or Area 51, then I think I could've moved on with the new characters. They could have had the very occasional mention of Jack by Sam and I would've been happy knowing that Jack was still out there somewhere with his love for Sam and hers for him.

There just wasn't that final closure for me where I really felt that they were together and I sure didn't think that TPTB would reference the Ship in Season 9 if they couldn't hardly deal with it in 8 complete seasons.

I just couldn't open myself up for more hoping, and waiting and waiting and hoping and accepting what crumbs TPTB threw our way. Sometimes we even had to look really hard to see those crumbs and sometimes we even made our own crumbs when we weren't given any.

TPTB treatment of Jack, from what all of you have said, in the new season is just further comfirmation of how I feel.

I'll keep checking in from time to time because I really do love the Shipper Family and well, I guess I can't help myself. I'm just a weak Shipper and the niggling thing called hope creeps up on me and so I stop in to see if anything has changed. And then I remember TPTB and I get a grip on myself.

Sam and Jack forever!

Ship Nana, you said this perfectly, and it's *exactly* how I feel and why I'm not watching this season. But I still come here, whether it makes me happy or depressed. I know the Family will be supportive.

<heavy sigh> http://bestsmileys.com/crying/14.gif

meimei
July 30th, 2005, 07:21 PM
Hmmm.... I may be weird on this one, but my fav is the scene from the end of Entity where Sam's unconcious and Jack's just sitting there with her. I feel like that scene was extremely shippy from a shipper's point of view but it was also a scene where the comraderie of SG1 could be seen as Janet and then Teal'c and Daniel came in. Entity is probably one of my top five fav eps. I think, however, that I should make a disclaimer on any fav eps as it depends entirely on my mood at the moment! :D

Buc252
July 30th, 2005, 07:22 PM
JM is lurking! I know that you are out there! Keep posting! Wouldn't be lurking if not interested in the response to show! Why was Jack made a Major General?

Good question. It does seem a little ridiculous after being a one-star for a measly one year. What does their beloved Air Force Advisor say about THAT?? Oh, what was that? The Advisor only dictates whether or not we get ship? They can break any other USAF procedure they want, just not the ship? Oh, yes . . . I forgot about that.

<end snark>

trupi
July 30th, 2005, 07:30 PM
Humm, my botched up hello musta scared everyone away. :(

"Hey, Carter, where'd everybody go?" :S

"I think they're still recovering from Ship Day, sir."

"Well, that means we're alone again and um, we can, well ya know...." ;)

"No, sir, I don't. Perhaps you need to personally refresh my memory."

"Sweet!" :cool:
Hi HailDorothy! The shipper are little depressed after last night show-which I won't watch! Won't give JM the venting satisfaction. We love your fics-read them a few months back and just started on Charades. It will take time to finish, have three teenagers at home! Thanks for dropping in.

trupi
July 30th, 2005, 07:34 PM
Good question. It does seem a little ridiculous after being a one-star for a measly one year. What does their beloved Air Force Advisor say about THAT?? Oh, what was that? The Advisor only dictates whether or not we get ship? They can break any other USAF procedure they want, just not the ship? Oh, yes . . . I forgot about that.

<end snark>
I love Jack but what did he do to get another star. He isn't even happy with the first one, now a second one? On-less with M2, the time line did change more then we were left to think (not only fish in the pond).

scjon
July 30th, 2005, 07:51 PM

Terrah. Fantastic vid. Thank you.

yasmins
July 30th, 2005, 07:58 PM
I don't come around often, and I haven't looked at all the new messages, so this may have already been mentioned. In the last episode, when Jack is flying in the F302, Mitchell mentioned that he didn't think those things could be taken out for a joy ride. Jack responds that one of the great things about being a general is that you can do pretty much *anything*. Was that a hint?

HailDorothy
July 30th, 2005, 08:21 PM
Hi HailDorothy! The shipper are little depressed after last night show-which I won't watch! Won't give JM the venting satisfaction. We love your fics-read them a few months back and just started on Charades. It will take time to finish, have three teenagers at home! Thanks for dropping in.
Hi, Trupi, and everyone else hanging out here tonight,

Yeah I'm not to happy about last night either. But because I've yet to figure out the Spoiler keys instructions, I can only say, I'll probably wait until Sam returns before I watch anymore. I had trouble with my VCR and knew it wasn't good, when I didn't panic like I did last season when that happened. I didn't bother to retape the beginning on the second showing later last night. Wasn't worth it. I'm not even impressed with the new bad guys. Geesh!

But I'm tickled pink that you like my fics. VBG

nell
July 30th, 2005, 08:32 PM
I don't come around often, and I haven't looked at all the new messages, so this may have already been mentioned. In the last episode, when Jack is flying in the F302, Mitchell mentioned that he didn't think those things could be taken out for a joy ride. Jack responds that one of the great things about being a general is that you can do pretty much *anything*. Was that a hint?

WELCOME, YASMINS!!!
I wish it were a hint. I wish that "anything" meant getting around the military ranks and protocol to have a relationship with Carter but I don't think so. But, those are the kinds of questions we Shippers sometimes ask as we look for the bones that TPTB occasionally throw us! Hee, hee!! I was wondering about Jack's response to Daniel's question about why he was in the SGC. Jack explained that he was,"...in the neighborhood." Mmmm, NEIGHBORHOOD? Is this a hint? Neighborhood meaning the nearby southwest U.S. which includes Nevada where Carter is posted at Area 51?? Alas, I'm doubtful. Wish I could be more positive!!! Again, welcome!!

nell
July 30th, 2005, 08:36 PM
Hi, Trupi, and everyone else hanging out here tonight,

Yeah I'm not to happy about last night either. But because I've yet to figure out the Spoiler keys instructions, I can only say, I'll probably wait until Sam returns before I watch anymore. I had trouble with my VCR and knew it wasn't good, when I didn't panic like I did last season when that happened. I didn't bother to retape the beginning on the second showing later last night. Wasn't worth it. I'm not even impressed with the new bad guys. Geesh!

But I'm tickled pink that you like my fics. VBG

Hail Dorothy,
Glad you're back!! Spoiler tags, you ask? Well, I wrestled with that one for awhile myself but here's the way I would explain it:

[type the word spoiler] write what you want to be hidden [type the symbol back slash before the word spoiler]

OK, give it a whirl!! ;)

ses110
July 30th, 2005, 08:42 PM
Mary TPTB sure Love to pick and chose which Regs they follow.The Sam and Jack Ship being against the Regs has been a nice little crutch for TPTB.I could be wrong but I though I heard SG-1 Close Friendship is against the Regs.It's a TV show about Aliens and 2 great character cannot be together.Someone tell me how that makes sense and someone tell me why I keep putting up with it.

HailDorothy
July 30th, 2005, 08:50 PM
This is a test. Hey, Nell. I graduated!!

Buc252
July 30th, 2005, 08:50 PM
Mary TPTB sure Love to pick and chose which Regs they follow.The Sam and Jack Ship being against the Regs has been a nice little crutch for TPTB.I could be wrong but I though I heard SG-1 Close Friendship is against the Regs.It's a TV show about Aliens and 2 great character cannot be together.Someone tell me how that makes sense and someone tell me why I keep putting up with it.

You're right, it's definitely been a major crutch for them. Or, simply put, an excuse for not resolving it. Any time it comes up, and they don't want to deal with it, they throw out the "regs" card.

As for what the *real* USAF regs say, the non-frat regs and related rules include any close relationship between a superior and an underling that could affect performance or make it look like that person got preferential treatment. This includes civilians, as well as non-sexual friendships. So, basically, Jack's friendships with Teal'c and Daniel are also breaking the frat regs, but the Advisor doesn't mention that.

Some time ago, either here or on the Samandjack Yahoo list, somebody posted the entire regulation that affects Sam and Jack, and this is true. But it's also true that many officers we've talked with say that as long as Sam and Jack being together didn't create issues, their superiors would turn a blind eye to it if this were real life. I'm not sure who irritates me more: TPTB who let the USAF dictate to them, or the USAF people who are pushing this non-realistic version of their organization.

HailDorothy
July 30th, 2005, 08:54 PM
And now I bid you farewell as I head for bed.

Have a family reunion tomorrow. :D

Which should be very interesting........... Sorta like a Goa'uld and Tok'ra family reunion. :eek:

I'm sure I'll get a fic out it. ;)

Nite all! :) :)

starellen1
July 30th, 2005, 08:59 PM
Maybe we will all be pleasantly surprized. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that when Sam returns she will indicate that she and Jack are with each other. Can't wait until she does return!!! The show definately needs her.

nell
July 30th, 2005, 09:06 PM
This is a test. Hey, Nell. I graduated!!

CON GRATULATIONS!!! :D

Queen Eleta
July 30th, 2005, 09:18 PM
Well, you have a good start, I have black, curly hair and brown eyes... waaaaay far from the blond, straigh hair, blue eye girls he's looking for :(

PS: Although I think Jack want's to tell you something in the Thunk Thread :D

(((LOL4JACK))) Ummm. What I meant to say is that I've got the hair CUT, my hair is actually a shade of red that is rarely found in nature with blonde streaks. I have blue eyes though. And I am a superhero, do you think that counts for something?
http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a367/queeneleta/scan.jpg

This ^ is me as drawn by Howard Tayler. Notice the symbol and that it is above my heart!

Oh! I'll have something ready in a minute that will make up for this being OT!!!

gatebee
July 30th, 2005, 09:43 PM
Yeah...here's to the

The talented, amazing, thoughtful, lovely people that are the FANS, WRITERS, ARTISTS, VID MAKERS AND WEBMASTERS THAT ARE DEDICATED TO SG1, and it's CHARACTERS
SueKay .... waves .... you are still up and I missed you here ...waves again
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v205/FilBrit1/35b426c3.jpg

gatebee
July 30th, 2005, 09:48 PM
Maybe we will all be pleasantly surprized. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that when Sam returns she will indicate that she and Jack are with each other. Can't wait until she does return!!! The show definately needs her.
I totally agree the dynamics of the show needs AT/Sam great presence and RDA/Jack wonderful acting.

mad_gater
July 30th, 2005, 10:18 PM
Now, wait a second here - I've never been in the anti sam/jack thread - I can't even belief that exists. I've been a shipper since Children of the Gods and I will always be one, no matter what.
Guess it was somebody else who has a similar name then....sorry!!

LOL4JACK
July 30th, 2005, 11:11 PM
Hi LOL4JACK,

Wow! I popped tonight And while skimmning the posts, I came across yours.

It's hot and humid here in Wisconsin and I just got warmer. Gosh, darn, golly gee! Thanks for the sweet compliment on the Chosen Hearts Series and Charades. :o It's been a work of pure joy and stretching my imagiination to as you said attempting to give more perspective to the show.

I hope as you get further into the series you'll be even more surprised as the tangled strands of their unique relationship gets more complicated for Sam and Jack.

Again, thanks for the vote of confidence! ;)

I'm going to bed happy tonight! :D
Hi HailDorothy, after last night ep and today started to read your Chosen Hearts series you've made me ship again... I love how the stories are coming all into pieces... thanks!!!! specially now that what shippers have are the fanfics... (((((Hugs))))

Suekay, I love your idea for the shipwebsite, let me know if I can help in someway and I'm waiting for an update on the Kinsey fish fic :p

sg-1fanintn
July 30th, 2005, 11:15 PM
Uh.....I thought RDA looked fine! His hair looked a little whiter, but other than that, I couldn't tell any difference in his appearance. Maybe I was too busy being upset at how poorly he was utilized in the ep! And I'd like to ask a question: Is it just me, or is that expanding History Channel banner getting on your last nerve too? We need a little light and cheer. How about this?

JACK: Some of the Shippers think I look bad.
FCOL, I thought I was looking pretty good for 55!

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y128/newsgoddess/901_11.jpg

SAM: Oh, don't worry, Jack. Not all of them thought so.
Besides, they only saw you for a couple of minutes.
I've gotten a much closer look at you, and you look just fine!

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y128/newsgoddess/Avatar2017.jpg

JACK: Oh boy, as if I couldn't figure out why I love you! C'mere!

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y128/newsgoddess/Gracekiss1.jpg

And they lived happily ever after!

LOL4JACK
July 30th, 2005, 11:20 PM
(((LOL4JACK))) Ummm. What I meant to say is that I've got the hair CUT, my hair is actually a shade of red that is rarely found in nature with blonde streaks. I have blue eyes though. And I am a superhero, do you think that counts for something?
http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a367/queeneleta/scan.jpg

This ^ is me as drawn by Howard Tayler. Notice the symbol and that it is above my heart!

Oh! I'll have something ready in a minute that will make up for this being OT!!!
(((((((Queen))))) ROFL....

Can you friend make a shipper uniform for us? Hmmm, you say you have also something big? should I wait around :p?

nell
July 30th, 2005, 11:30 PM
sg-1fanintn and LOL4JACK,
Hi girlfriends!!! I wondered when you'd show up!!! I've been reading Stargate Fan Awards noms tonight.....well, now it's morning. Gee, it really boosts my spirits. Ha, ha!! Fanfiction to relieve the stress precipitated by a fictional TV series. sg-1fanintn, yes, Jack looks good in that pic you just posted. Origins But, in the 302 with Mitchell he looked pale, puffy, and pasty. The man's a knock out but bad lighting, makeup, IDK. OT, sorry!!
And another thing, I'm curious about the 'backstory' of Jack's promotion and new post.

gatebee
July 30th, 2005, 11:37 PM
Uh.....I thought RDA looked fine! His hair looked a little whiter, but other than that, I couldn't tell any difference in his appearance. Maybe I was too busy being upset at how poorly he was utilized in the ep! And I'd like to ask a question: Is it just me, or is that expanding History Channel banner getting on your last nerve too? We need a little light and cheer. How about this?

JACK: Some of the Shippers think I look bad.
FCOL, I thought I was looking pretty good for 55!

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y128/newsgoddess/901_11.jpg

SAM: Oh, don't worry, Jack. Not all of them thought so.
Besides, they only saw you for a couple of minutes.
I've gotten a much closer look at you, and you look just fine!

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y128/newsgoddess/Avatar2017.jpg

JACK: Oh boy, as if I couldn't figure out why I love you! C'mere!

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y128/newsgoddess/Gracekiss1.jpg

And they lived happily ever after!
Thank you .... needed that to snap me back after S9-Origin....
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v205/FilBrit1/sg1/PDVD_014.jpg
Sam: Jack , the shippers are a bit down.
Jack: I really don't know what they are so worried about. Maybe this will lighten them up.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v205/FilBrit1/sg1/PDVD_111.jpg

Queen Eleta
July 30th, 2005, 11:37 PM
(((((((Queen))))) ROFL....

Can you friend make a shipper uniform for us? Hmmm, you say you have also something big? should I wait around :p?

I'm hurrying!!! My computer ate the caps I was going to use, so had to recap, such torture. I'm loading into Photobucket right now!!

sg-1fanintn
July 30th, 2005, 11:38 PM
sg-1fanintn and LOL4JACK,
Hi girlfriends!!! I wondered when you'd show up!!! I've been reading Stargate Fan Awards noms tonight.....well, now it's morning. Gee, it really boosts my spirits. Ha, ha!! Fanfiction to relieve the stress precipitated by a fictional TV series. sg-1fanintn, yes, Jack looks good in that pic you just posted. Origins But, in the 302 with Mitchell he looked pale, puffy, and pasty. The man's a knock out but bad lighting, makeup, IDK. OT, sorry!!
And another thing, I'm curious about the 'backstory' of Jack's promotion and new post.

I think we're all curious.....and that's an understatement. I thought there would at least be a reference to what we've been led to expect off-screen! Someone said there had to be a reason....but so far, I haven't thought of one. But it seems like too big an omission to have been a mistake. Hmmmm. I'll have to think about it.

I'm going to try not to think about Stargate on Sunday. Hubby's laptop still won't connect to the internet through the wireless interface, so he'll probably need the desktop Sunday to do work stuff. I'm going to try to finish the Harry Potter book. I know that a major character dies in it, and I want to find out for myself before I hear it somewhere else! The book's been out two weeks, so I could hear it accidentally at just about any time.

Then, on Stargate Monday, it's back to S/J fanfic!

Love you gals! Talk to you later!

nell
July 30th, 2005, 11:45 PM
I think we're all curious.....and that's an understatement. I thought there would at least be a reference to what we've been led to expect off-screen! Someone said there had to be a reason....but so far, I haven't thought of one. But it seems like too big an omission to have been a mistake. Hmmmm. I'll have to think about it.

I'm going to try not to think about Stargate on Sunday. Hubby's laptop still won't connect to the internet through the wireless interface, so he'll probably need the desktop Sunday to do work stuff. I'm going to try to finish the Harry Potter book. I know that a major character dies in it, and I want to find out for myself before I hear it somewhere else! The book's been out two weeks, so I could hear it accidentally at just about any time.

Then, on Stargate Monday, it's back to S/J fanfic!

Love you gals! Talk to you later!

Enjoy your Sunday! I'm loving the SFA noms which feature several of our favorite authors that were also guests during Ship Day!! Hubby and I will go to an outdoor concert Sunday evening. I'll check in later. ;)

sacme
July 30th, 2005, 11:47 PM

One Guy wrote:

yes.

ship sistah http://bestsmileys.com/crying/1.gif

Queen Eleta
July 30th, 2005, 11:51 PM
My Very First Picture Story... Part 1

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a367/queeneleta/itstime.jpg
Carter..uh.. Sam... It's time I asked you something.

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a367/queeneleta/fishing.jpg
It's not about fishing, is it, sir?

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a367/queeneleta/well.jpg
Well, sort of...

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a367/queeneleta/jackpropose.jpg
Will you marry me?

sacme
July 30th, 2005, 11:53 PM

"I'll show you mine, if you show me yours."

"deal."

ship sistah http://www.trekbbs.com/threads/images/graemlins/devil.gif

Dani76
July 30th, 2005, 11:58 PM

Well, sort of...

Will you marry me?

Nice job, Queen, I love it. Finally, he asked the big question. Can't wait for the answer and the BIG Honkin finale :) :o

gatebee
July 31st, 2005, 12:00 AM

Well, sort of...

Will you marry me?
QE .... lovely ... very well done .... you made me smile

Dani76
So, how soon can I throw around green jelly in this thread, a lot of you certainly deserve it. :) :D :p

Queen Eleta
Part 2...

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a367/queeneleta/samsmile.jpg
Are you serious?

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a367/queeneleta/ring.jpg

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a367/queeneleta/uhhh.jpg
I guess you are....

Well...

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a367/queeneleta/yes.jpg
I thought you'd never ask. YES!!

Queen Eleta
July 31st, 2005, 12:02 AM
See how simple and easy that was? Same scene, just waved my wand and rearranged a few things, and gave all us shippers what we wanted. And no mention of :eek: either. Come TPTB, you can do it too!!

Dani76
July 31st, 2005, 12:04 AM
Part 2...

Are you serious?

I guess you are....

Well...

I thought you'd never ask. YES!!

Love it, love it, love it. :) :D :) Finally, it's out there.

nell

Well, sort of...

Will you marry me?

Clap, clap, clap!!! Congratulations! Aren't these picture stories fun??!!

gatebee
So, how soon can I throw around green jelly in this thread, a lot of you certainly deserve it. :) :D :p
how to give green..... Well look up on the top right hand corner of your post. You will see a scale. Click on that. You will have to options to choose from . A green positive responce or a red negative responce. I personally have never given a red because I respect what each individual might think.

Queen Eleta
July 31st, 2005, 12:06 AM
Or try this one...
Part 1, (The 'If you want something done right'...version)

Uhh, sir? Have you got a minute? I need to ask you something.

Yasureyoubetcha. What's on your brilliant mind?

Well, actually, you sir. Uhh, I guess I should call you Jack for this...

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a367/queeneleta/Samring.jpg
Will you marry me?

gatebee
July 31st, 2005, 12:07 AM
Love it, love it, love it. :) :D :) Finally, it's out there.
Oh, Dani, when answering a post with pics, take of the & so the pics become links so that dial-up people will not have a hard time

florence
July 31st, 2005, 12:10 AM
hey kids, i'm back. i've been reading some of the spoilers about the first 3 eps of season 9 and its just not enough! does anyone have a link to screen caps and transcripts of the sam bits and the jack bits and whatnot?

Welcome back stargate barbie ! :D
About transcripts of S9 eps, I don't know maybe you can find them on GW. If not, you can find them here (http://www.twiztv.com/scripts/stargate/).
And you can find caps here (http://www.stargatecaps.com/sg1/s9/)

Dani76
July 31st, 2005, 12:10 AM
Oh, Dani, when answering a post with pics, take of the & so the pics become links so that dial-up people will not have a hard time

Sure thing, thanks for letting me know. :)

sacme
July 31st, 2005, 12:16 AM
Or try this one...

Will you marry me?

Perfect!

ship sistah http://webpages.charter.net/connectingzone/love/18.gif

florence
July 31st, 2005, 12:17 AM
Or try this one...

Will you marry me?

Lovely ! It's amazing what we can make pics say ! :D
I like this version better than the original though ! :D

gatebee
July 31st, 2005, 12:19 AM
Or try this one...

Will you marry me?
Yes , it is after all the 21st century. They have travelled outside the galaxy encountering great dangers. Go for it Sam.

Queen Eleta
July 31st, 2005, 12:24 AM
Part 2...

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a367/queeneleta/what.jpg
*shocked into silence*

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a367/queeneleta/jacksring.jpg
Wow! This is just like the one I was going to get you!

Is that a yes?

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a367/queeneleta/yesyes.jpg
I'd say that's a yes. So... are you finally going to come fishing with me?

Yasureyoubetcha!!!

Queen Eleta
July 31st, 2005, 12:26 AM
Okay, so I used all the same pics from the same 'Affinity' scene just to turn it into a happier scene. I hated that scene. No happiness at all. Just wanted to keep it simple, Jack's not that complicated.

Thank you for putting up with my rambling pictures. I hope you enjoyed it

gatebee
July 31st, 2005, 12:28 AM
Part 2...

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a367/queeneleta/what.jpg
*shocked into silence*

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a367/queeneleta/jacksring.jpg
Wow! This is just like the one I was going to get you!

Is that a yes?

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a367/queeneleta/yesyes.jpg
I'd say that's a yes. So... are you finally going to come fishing with me?

Yasureyoubetcha!!!
QE , wow , you are really making this early morning a nice way to start Sunday.

sacme
July 31st, 2005, 12:45 AM

Sam and Jack forever!

awww. http://bestsmileys.com/crying/6.gif ((((Ship Nana))))

I basically feel like my ship is dead thanks to TPTBM. Why is resolution such a bad thing? If they can resolve other storylines, why not this one? How is this different? I continue to watch the show for other reasons, but I will never understand why they just couldn't have given us what we wanted. I will always be bitter about that. Especially, after the disaster that was :eek:, I feel they should have gone out of their way to make it up to us. It seems more like they gave us nothing/very little out of spite.

ship sistah :( :mad:
(sorry to be depressing)

sacme
July 31st, 2005, 12:54 AM

OMG! (((http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v352/sacme/69f407da.jpg)))

Sooooooo missed ya!

ship sistah :D

Queen Eleta
July 31st, 2005, 01:02 AM
awww. http://bestsmileys.com/crying/6.gif ((((Ship Nana))))

I basically feel like my ship is dead thanks to TPTBM. Why is resolution such a bad thing? If they can resolve other storylines, why not this one? How is this different? I continue to watch the show for other reasons, but I will never understand why they just couldn't have given us what we wanted. I will always be bitter about that. Especially, after the disaster that was :eek:, I feel they should have gone out of their way to make it up to us. It seems more like they gave us nothing/very little out of spite.

ship sistah :( :mad:
(sorry to be depressing)

Maybe in some twisted way, TPTBM thought that 'Threads' resolved the ship.
They are men after all. :D That's probably as shippy as they get. (no offense to any male shippers out there, you're a breed apart.)

Terrah
July 31st, 2005, 02:16 AM
Loved all the photo stories, I'm getting some very strange looks from my other half, as I LOL at the comp (Must stop doing that, he already thinks I'm Nuts)

btw I'm curious, What is the story behind :eek: how did that become Pete, I get it but who started it?
:D

scjon
July 31st, 2005, 02:27 AM
Maybe in some twisted way, TPTBM thought that 'Threads' resolved the ship.
They are men after all. :D That's probably as shippy as they get. (no offense to any male shippers out there, you're a breed apart.)
To be honest, I think you are probably right about this Queen Eleta. At the time they made Threads they didn't know there'd definitely be a season 9. If there hadn't been, of course, Threads would have been the nearest thing to a resolution we would ever have got.

Here's hoping for something from season 9.

Somnium
July 31st, 2005, 02:27 AM
Oh what a great way to start a Sunday morning :) Thanks QE for the fab ship moment that will put a smile on my face for the rest of the day.

galaxy
July 31st, 2005, 02:30 AM
Loved all the photo stories, I'm getting some very strange looks from my other half, as I LOL at the comp (Must stop doing that, he already thinks I'm Nuts)

btw I'm curious, What is the story behind :eek: how did that become Pete, I get it but who started it?

I think that's self-explanatory!!!

Shipper X : "Look..there is Pete!"
Shipper Y : :eek:

:D :D :D

BlackVelvetEyes
July 31st, 2005, 03:13 AM
Hey. :)

thank you all (!) for your warm welcome!!

@Nell: your german ist quite good..!!

@Anubis: I try to post more than just 10, promise!

ORIGIN SPOILER!!

I`ve got a theory why RDA acts so bored in this episode. Maybe because he wanted that the fans don`t miss him so badly. :(
Well.. it doesn`t work for me. I miss him already though I haven`t seen the first 3 episodes of S9 yet. I really look forward to hear (and see) what`ll happen in "The Fourth Horseman". I really need to hear something positive about the ship.. :(

sueKay
July 31st, 2005, 03:59 AM
Heya!!!

I have another RDA theory

I think he's pissed off because he doesn't know what's happening with Jack either...I also think he may be annoyed at how all that's been splashd all over the media is that everything on the show's better than ever

I mean...that must be very hurtful after everything he's done for the show.

Catysg1
July 31st, 2005, 04:04 AM
When XF went from S7 into the horrible destruction of the show they called Season 8, some of we fans changed TPTB into TIIC. I think that Stargate SG1's PTB have *more* than earned the right to share that title.

(Yes, for those who can't guess, that's "the idiots in charge". LOL)

Okay, I confess - that was a bit childish. But if they can, then I can. <g>

I agree ..it's even worse than what TPTB x-files did ..At least we had "Within" and "without" where Scully was looking for Mulder for the opening premiere of season 8 ..and it was shippy even if Mulder was gone and we knew where he was and his name was mentionned a lot compared to the name of Jack and Specially Sam ..Has Sam been mentionned at all in Avalon 2 and origins?!! Don't think so ..It's appalling :eek:

Where is TPTB 's problem to mention at least the name of Sam as a SG1 memebers ..If the scripts were good and they concentrated on the continuity of the storyline , they would have to mention her name because after Jack who was/is the soull of the show ...she is the female soul of the show ..nobody else is and nobody else will be .

Power to Sam when she comes back and please Sam show them where your feelings are and that you are happy with a certain ex general :)

sueKay
July 31st, 2005, 04:23 AM
heya!

Now, I know this is COMPLETELY OT, but I've finally set up a blog!

http://blogs.cjb.net/sueKay

so pop by and leave me a message!

Catysg1
July 31st, 2005, 04:30 AM
The ratings for Avalon 1 were quite disappointing and for Avalon 2 not really better...here are the links:

Avalon 1:

http://www.gateworld.net/news/2005/07/seasonpremiereratingsfailt.shtml

Avalon 2:

http://www.gateworld.net/news/2005/07/isg-1iratingssteadywithava.shtml

Sorry, don't know anything about Origin... :)

Thank you Galaxy :) Well I suppose the ratings are gonna go down and down for the next 5 weeks then ..no RDA and AT .

About Joe and the spoonful of those who don't like it ..I don't think it's only the Sam and Jack shippers and it must be at least 3 or 4 if not more big spoons .
I reckon than the Daniel and Teal'c fans must be pretty fed up too when they have hardly on screen time and all you see is Cameron , Vala and Beau ( A lot of fans must be missing Hammond still)..plus the fact that the Daniel character speaks too fast ..ect....All fans must be upset about the use of RDA in avalon 1 and origins specially if you could see that The interaction between the Daniel /Jack character was not really real ..and the scene was shot at different time :S

I think TPTB must be disappinted in the ratings big time and this will serve them a lesson :D

Season 9 has not started in the UK yet and I really do not want to watch it .

BlackVelvetEyes
July 31st, 2005, 04:31 AM
I can`t believe that TPTB leave us hangin without a ship solution! :)

I watched X-Files too and was a great shipper.. but at the end of season 9 I almost didn`t care anymore about Mulder and Scully. I was so upset how the storyline ends in "The truth" that I never watched X Files again since then. :S

I hope that it is a "good sign" that the ship wasn`t mentioned in S9 so far. We`ll get our solution, I`m certain.. o.k. quite certain.. :rolleyes:

lilyben3
July 31st, 2005, 04:32 AM
Hi,I'm delurking for the first time to ask a huge favour of my fellow shippers.
I haven't been able to follow this thread properly for at least 6 months.Could someone please tell me if there is any hope of a proper resolution(ie.NOT alien influnce/alternate reality tidbits)to our shipper hopes for Sam and Jack?
Has Joe Mallozzi droped any positive hints in his answers to fan questions?
Thanks for any info,and no matter what happens on the show,Sam and Jack WILL be together in our(and their)hearts.

lonely_star
July 31st, 2005, 06:15 AM
hey shipper family
just stopping by very quickly cause it's 3pm and I haven't eaten yet... :S
I've just finished my second slide show...well it's not great but it's still the second one...I think the images are going too fast but I had so many stuff to put on it !! that's so difficult to make a choice !!!!
anyway here are the links to it :
dowload it here (http://s50.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=1MF4DBQ16XMXE0N5TPM0NE9FKM)

view it here (http://www.putfile.com/media.php?n=no-need-for-words)

it's called no need for words..so there's only music...it's different from what we usually see here so well let me know what you think.
I'll be back later

((((((((((((((((((((((((family))))))))))))))))))))))))

nell
July 31st, 2005, 06:32 AM
hey shipper family
just stopping by very quickly cause it's 3pm and I haven't eaten yet... :S
I've just finished my second slide show...well it's not great but it's still the second one...I think the images are going too fast but I had so many stuff to put on it !! that's so difficult to make a choice !!!!
anyway here are the links to it :
dowload it here (http://s50.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=1MF4DBQ16XMXE0N5TPM0NE9FKM)

view it here (http://www.putfile.com/media.php?n=no-need-for-words)

it's called no need for words..so there's only music...it's different from what we usually see here so well let me know what you think.
I'll be back later

((((((((((((((((((((((((family))))))))))))))))))))))))

lonely_star,
What I think is that you show a beautiful, sensitive, loving reflection of our Sam's and Jack's path to a relationship! :p The music is perfect. Please, the title? Composer? :) ;)

nell
July 31st, 2005, 06:39 AM
I haven't been able to follow this thread properly for at least 6 months.Could someone please tell me if there is any hope of a proper resolution(ie.NOT alien influnce/alternate reality tidbits)to our shipper hopes for Sam and Jack?
Thanks for any info,and no matter what happens on the show,Sam and Jack WILL be together in our(and their)hearts.

WELCOME lilyben3!!!

Hope? I always have some hope although that was sorely tested after Origins. Joe is at best an admitted fan of Sam and Jack ship, at worst he conveniently leaves out key info which exasperates me. However, on the other hand, his omission about Avalon 1 was a delightful surprise for me because Sam showed up in flashback of the Anubius/Tauri air battle in Antarctica and her videophone conversation with Mitchell. Otherwise after Origins sad and pitiful Jack scene, who knows what these writers are thinking. But, the bright side is that Amanda gives reliable hints and recently she indicated that there may be something ahead. That's all I know.

galaxy
July 31st, 2005, 07:08 AM
@BlackVelvetEyes: Herzlich Willkommen...juhuuu Verstärkung für mich! ;) :D

@lilyben3: Welcome to the Shipper Family!!! :) :) :)

Have fun and post alot!!! :D

http://tinypic.com/9quyio.jpg

:) :) :)

trupi
July 31st, 2005, 07:10 AM
Welcome to the thread! Hope you post often! There is always hope. TPTB always lanked our chains as far as the ship went and I think they are doing it again. But it is up to all of us to make sure we get the message to them that," We are not HAPPY". Read the fanfics, they will keep a smile on your face and hope in your heart.

LOL4JACK
July 31st, 2005, 07:19 AM

Well, sort of...

Will you marry me?

((((((((Queen Eleta)))))))))), that is so nice it makes me believe that that's what happened :p

"I'll you show you mine, if you show me yours."

"deal."

ship sistah http://www.trekbbs.com/threads/images/graemlins/devil.gif

((((((((((Sacme)))))))) That is so funny....

Lord Zedd
July 31st, 2005, 07:26 AM
Heya!!!

I have another RDA theory

I think he's pissed off because he doesn't know what's happening with Jack either...I also think he may be annoyed at how all that's been splashd all over the media is that everything on the show's better than ever

I mean...that must be very hurtful after everything he's done for the show.
yeah and he has done a lot for the show. Not just as Jack O'Neill but the contriute to the show also counts. I found it really annoying what they said about the 9th season ! I have only seen Avalon part 1 but :S really a shame just a little few unimportant scenes and scenes that went about Jack O'Neill's leaving was also disgracefull !! yeah you'll see what I mean !!

galaxy
July 31st, 2005, 07:31 AM
Since we don't really have anything shippy to talk about right now, may I ask something OT?

Not sure if this is a spoiler, but to be on the safe side: What do you think about RDA's appereance in The Simpson? I think it's hilarious that he plays himself and is kidnapped by Patty
and Selma... ROFL :D
I really liked the Simpsons/X-Files - episode, so I'm looking forward to see RDA as a little yellow cartoon guy! :D

LOL4JACK
July 31st, 2005, 07:37 AM
Okay, so I used all the same pics from the same 'Affinity' scene just to turn it into a happier scene. I hated that scene. No happiness at all. Just wanted to keep it simple, Jack's not that complicated.

Thank you for putting up with my rambling pictures. I hope you enjoyed it

Queenie, I can't stop clapping and similing... thanks for the stories, they've made my day :p

nell
July 31st, 2005, 08:00 AM
Since we don't really have anything shippy to talk about right now, may I ask something OT?

Not sure if this is a spoiler, but to be on the safe side: What do you think about RDA's appereance in The Simpson? I think it's hilarious that he plays himself and is kidnapped by Patty
and Selma... ROFL :D
I really liked the Simpsons/X-Files - episode, so I'm looking forward to see RDA as a little yellow cartoon guy! :D

Yasureyoubetcha! I have my calendar marked for March 2006!!! I wonder if they'll make a reference to his romantic interest on Stargate, Sam, of course??? Back OT!! Hee, hee!!

plague
July 31st, 2005, 08:10 AM
Hi lonely_star! I saw the picture slideshow you made and it is absolutely beautiful. Nice choice of the music too. I have been having a problem of identifying one of the scenes played in the slideshow. I have seen that in many music videos of Sam/Jack (I'm a major shipper) and I want to know which episode it came from. I cannot recall an episode with that happening so I hope you can help me in this.

It is the first embracing pictures of them together. After the message "They'll be there for each other", the pictures are shown. It is around the time frame of 2.08 and I'm lost in where it happens or when it happens. I have seen all the episodes and I cannot remember seeing this scene. So help me out please if you can.

Anyone else can budge in too if you know which scene I'm talking about. Thanks for your help.

ses110
July 31st, 2005, 08:28 AM
Suekay I cannot blame RDA if he does feel that way.If I was a member of TPTB or one of the Actors on SG-1 what is wrong with saying we are really going to miss RDA.RDA meant so much to the Show and we are really looking forward to the New Adventures and challenges the new Season will bring.

Terrah
July 31st, 2005, 08:29 AM
@plague

Fire and Water (http://www.stargatesg1971.com/fireandwaterdvd/caps/fw-6.html) Season 1

ses110
July 31st, 2005, 08:32 AM
Mary if TPTB are so hung up on the Regs SG-1 should have been broken up Years ago.There is no Show if SG-1 breaks up but if TPTB Love the Regs you either stick to all the Regs or none of the Regs. TPTB are afriad of certian people who do not like the Sam and Jack Ship otherwise Sam and Jack would have been together back in Season 1.IMO it is clear many of TPTB wanted to go in that direction.

LOL4JACK
July 31st, 2005, 08:34 AM
Hi lonely_star! I saw the picture slideshow you made and it is absolutely beautiful. Nice choice of the music too. I have been having a problem of identifying one of the scenes played in the slideshow. I have seen that in many music videos of Sam/Jack (I'm a major shipper) and I want to know which episode it came from. I cannot recall an episode with that happening so I hope you can help me in this.

It is the first embracing pictures of them together. After the message "They'll be there for each other", the pictures are shown. It is around the time frame of 2.08 and I'm lost in where it happens or when it happens. I have seen all the episodes and I cannot remember seeing this scene. So help me out please if you can.

Anyone else can budge in too if you know which scene I'm talking about. Thanks for your help.
Welcome Plague and all the other newbies that have come to join us in the past days!!!!!

The scene that you are talking about is from Fire and Water, when they realize that Daniel is alive and that they had abandoned him... I love it!

((((((Marion))))) I have just one word for you and your video:

Squeee!!!

LOL4JACK
July 31st, 2005, 08:49 AM
Shippers, Round 41 of the SG-1 Episodes tournament is over, get ready to vote....

Hmm, better leave this to SG-1fanintn and DOS, they do it better :p

Queen Eleta
July 31st, 2005, 09:43 AM
I can`t believe that TPTB leave us hangin without a ship solution! :)

I watched X-Files too and was a great shipper.. but at the end of season 9 I almost didn`t care anymore about Mulder and Scully. I was so upset how the storyline ends in "The truth" that I never watched X Files again since then. :S

I hope that it is a "good sign" that the ship wasn`t mentioned in S9 so far. We`ll get our solution, I`m certain.. o.k. quite certain.. :rolleyes:

psst... X-files was written by men too. Can't do ship. I want to see the S/J ship resolved, but now I'm scared that TPTBM will ruin it as bad as M/S was ruined. That was just awful, I don't think I could handle a bad ship again.

BlackVelvetEyes
July 31st, 2005, 09:48 AM
psst... X-files was written by men too. Can't do ship. I want to see the S/J ship resolved, but now I'm scared that TPTBM will ruin it as bad as M/S was ruined. That was just awful, I don't think I could handle a bad ship again.

That`s EXACTLY what i`m afraid of!! Another bad ship.. :S

@Galaxy: *happy grin* Gott, danke, ich bin nicht allein!!

galaxy
July 31st, 2005, 10:08 AM

Yeah, the way they resolved the M/S ship was...well....strange :S
But they ended up together, so at least that is something!
Could have been worse. And I guess they left the end open for a second movie (I think it's time to face it: there won't be a second movie, right? :rolleyes: )...anyway...a kiss like the one M + S shared in the Truth wouldn't be bad for Sam and Jack.
All I want is one single kiss that is not AU! I want them to kiss when they both are themselves and not a halluzination or infected with an alien virus or whatever TPTB have used so far. Pleaaaseee!!!

*sigh* :rolleyes:

Catysg1
July 31st, 2005, 10:10 AM

The Mulder and Scully ship was handled 100 times better than the Sam and Jack ship ...to me anyway ..we had ship until the very end ..and Mulder was not forgotten even when he disappeared for like 3 months ...Scully mentionned him a lot and even the new cast mentionned him too ..so when you think about that the ship was better handled than what is happening in sg1 right now .

florence where are you ...you big Mulder and Scully shipper too like I am .

We know that the x-files was not the same witout Mulder /DUchovny and yes they should have stopped the series at season 7 ..Nevertheless .. we had great episodes in season 8 and 9 like "This is not happening" " Deadalive" Within and without ...top stories .:) sad and dramatic but very good ..I could watch those episodes anytime over and over again .

Gillian Anderson did the best she was offered with and you could see it .

But what SG1 tptb is doing regarding the Sam and Jack anyway is ..I think they know that the Sam and Jack shippers will stay no matter what ..( not me of course) and keep hoping ..so they carry on to do what they like ...read the forums and see that the shippers are still there and strong hanging on to a piece of crumbs and that's enough for them I suppose . :eek: