PDA

View Full Version : Sam Carter/Jack O'Neill Ship Appreciation Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57

pittsburghgirl
July 27th, 2005, 09:24 AM
indeed Bev-have a blast-and hoist a few for us.
rosemary

nell
July 27th, 2005, 09:38 AM
Hi Shipper Friends,
Just a quick note to say that I'll see you at the opening of Ship Day! Thanks to my team mates: sg1-fanintn, LOL4JACK, Shimmer, and Sky for planning and organizing the Ship Day event!!! And to all who have suggested so many super ideas and suggestions to make this event fun and exciting for us all!! If I omitted anyone, don't be bashful, step up and tell me!!! There's lots of credit to go round!!! Happy Ship Day!!! nell ;)

Billie
July 27th, 2005, 09:40 AM
:D Hi chums.
I知 popping in to say that I知 so sad I won稚 be able to join you all for Ship Day tomorrow. :( I was looking forward to it and then I got this gig, which I couldn稚 refuse. So, whilst I知 sitting somewhere in Denmark, sipping a few beers, I値l be thinking about you all. When I return next week I値l have my own mini ship day reading through all the great posts in the special thread. :D

I hope you have a really wonderful day.

http://forum.gateworld.net/images/gw_icons/heart.gif Sam and Jack, Together, Forever! http://forum.gateworld.net/images/gw_icons/heart.gif

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v491/dipsofjazz/Sam%20and%20Jack/Avatar_AT_RDA_grin.gif

Here's a week full of Shipper hugs to take with you Bev! Will miss you too!
http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/36/36_1_67.gif

sugarshaker
July 27th, 2005, 09:45 AM
I can't wait! I'll be in meetings all day and will only be able to get on for little bits :( but I know it will be a blast. :D Thanks to everyone for your hard work in making this day possible. :D :D

http://yelims2.free.fr/Fete/Danseurs.gif

sueKay
July 27th, 2005, 10:13 AM
On Ship Day, I'll be on as much as possible, but I may have to go to work. I've asked my mum for permission to use the computer the whole day, but she says she may be wanting to join in!

So I'll need to make her a bit more computer literate, considering teaching her what a double click was took half an hour!

m_wendy_r
July 27th, 2005, 10:17 AM
Hey Guys,

Sorry I've been quiet for a few days but I won't be tomorrow, I promise.

I don't know when the thread opens, but I'll be on tomorrow afternoon (UK time). :D

Wendy
Hugs :)

sueKay
July 27th, 2005, 10:22 AM
Hey Wendy!

Now I know the ship thread has been very quiet this year...This time last year we had a thousand posts every week...this year we've had about eleven thousand all in...but last year we had a target of 1000 posts to make...We HAVE TO BEAT THAT RECORD!!!!!!

So post post post!

DON'T post for the sake of posting, but post with each and every shippy thought that enters your mind!

m_wendy_r
July 27th, 2005, 10:28 AM
Hey Wendy!

Now I know the ship thread has been very quiet this year...This time last year we had a thousand posts every week...this year we've had about eleven thousand all in...but last year we had a target of 1000 posts to make...We HAVE TO BEAT THAT RECORD!!!!!!

So post post post!

DON'T post for the sake of posting, but post with each and every shippy thought that enters your mind!

Hey SueKay

I've just spent a few minutes going over the posts I have missed in two days, you guys have been so funny that I laughed so much that I couldn't hear my music and my drink went cold.

I always try to post, but I don't like to post without something to say. LOL!

I have many shippy thoughts I don't think the reply button could handle them! :D :D

Is there going to be a serperate thread? Does anyone know what time (UK) it is opening?

Wendy

girlgater
July 27th, 2005, 10:29 AM
((((shipper family))))

I'm so excited at Ship Day tomorrow and can't wait. I'm not sure that I can stay up until midnight to start the party, but I might since it will be my first!

Tomorrow I have to work so I'll pop in and out as I can.

Until then...

Token
July 27th, 2005, 10:47 AM
Thanks for bringing it up, Token, I was just coming back to ask the last question that needs to be decided:

Will the Ship Day thread be spoiler free or not? Please register your opinion ASAP.....because it's almost here!

Skydiver is opening the thread and the poll. Shimmering Star, Nell and I have been working on the opening post, etc., and LOL4JACk has created the poll.

The thread opens at midnight, Eastern Daylight Time!

SPOILER FREE OR NOT, LADIES AND GENTLEMEN?

Thanks, sg-1fanintn!! I am in the middle on the spoiler question. I know Shippers sometimes get carried away with S/J ship and miss putting spoiler tags and URLs. I think we should TRY to keep it spoiler-free; but to be realistic and safe, we should put POSSIBLE SPOILERS in the Thread title.

Of course, spoiler pics of Sam and Jack linked with a URL doesn't have quite the same impact as embedding the pic. Maybe we could have it both ways. Spoiler tags for conversation, but be able to use spoilery pictures with a SPOILER PICTURES in the Thread title.

See, I told you I was on the fence. :o

trupi
July 27th, 2005, 11:21 AM
Let it be spoiler free!

sg-1fanintn
July 27th, 2005, 11:29 AM
Okay...ATTENTION SHIPPERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Here is the Ship Day Contingency Plan concocted after the mass hysteria that occurred during the GW crashes earlier this year.

In the event that GateWorld is down

Head to Stargate Intel - the Alpha Site for the Shipper Family.

The Address is http://s3.invisionfree.com/Stargate_Intel

Whoever gets there first has permission to restart the poll and to open the ship day thread. You will also find the pre-established S/J Shippers Home from Home located within the SG1 Shippers Forum at SI.

Myself and Hopefully gateBee and Caty will be there to make sure you're all nice and settled in the the unlikely even GW goes down.

Thank you!

And back to your regular shipping!
Great idea, SueKay! Thanks for offering!

Thanks, sg-1fanintn!! I am in the middle on the spoiler question. I know Shippers sometimes get carried away with S/J ship and miss putting spoiler tags and URLs. I think we should TRY to keep it spoiler-free; but to be realistic and safe, we should put POSSIBLE SPOILERS in the Thread title.

Of course, spoiler pics of Sam and Jack linked with a URL doesn't have quite the same impact as embedding the pic. Maybe we could have it both ways. Spoiler tags for conversation, but be able to use spoilery pictures with a SPOILER PICTURES in the Thread title.

I agree with you. I think POSSIBLE SPOILERS would be a great way to handle it. But I'm also happy with spoiler free if that's what everyone thinks is best!

ComTraya
July 27th, 2005, 11:56 AM
Hi everybody!

I've been reading this thread for several days and I think I am addicted to the Sam/Jack Ship now.

So I've decided to register for the Ship Day!

See you soon.

sueKay
July 27th, 2005, 12:25 PM
Comtraya COM TRAYA!!!!!!!!!!!

sorry...couldn't resist!

Hope you have fun here tommorow and everyday!

ChevronSeven
July 27th, 2005, 12:27 PM
Hi everybody!

I've been reading this thread for several days and I think I am addicted to the Sam/Jack Ship now.

See you soon.

WELCOME ComTraya!!!!!

This addiction is a good addiction - frustrating at times - but overall good. Come back tomorrow and stay for a long time!!

Rogue
July 27th, 2005, 12:29 PM
Well, I am on my way to gas station to fill up the Shipper Bus, check the oil and tires. Oh, and to the store to stock up the bar of course!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v474/mkmoulder/Stargate/hippiebus-1.jpg

Gatetrixer
July 27th, 2005, 12:51 PM
That's the scene where he invites her to one of his fishing trips, isn't it?

Here is the dialogue:

Jack: Thank you, Sir.
Carter! (She stops, and he stands up) You finally ready to take me up on that fishing trip?

Sam: Uh... actually, Sir, I have a few projects on the go.

Jack: Come on. Are you really trying to tell me you'd rather be in a dark, dank, dismal underground, than sit on a dock with your feet perched up, sippin' a cold one, and casting for that ever elusive crappy?

Sam: (laughs) Strange as it may sound , Sir, yes.
Have a good time. (glances at Teal'C)

Jack: (watching her leave) To each his own! Her! I meant her (whispers) I think.
So, Teal'C! This'll be great! Just you and me. What do you say? Come on! The Loons! Don't forget the loons!

:D :D :D

Does anyone know how often he invited her until she finally said yes in Threads? 3 times? 4 times?

In 2010 she says to him something like(paraphrasing as best I can): so this is the place you were always asking me to come to. I kinda think he must have asked her quite a few more times than we got to see or she wouldn't have worded it as she did.

sueKay
July 27th, 2005, 01:07 PM
And we're at 8000 posts!!!!!!!!!!!

sueKay
July 27th, 2005, 01:10 PM
Okay...I've set up Stargate Intel yet again!!!!!!!!!

http://stargateintel.cjb.net

Very few ads, and a nice n easy layout...we also have 100x100 avatars, and there'll be some gateworld sized ones on soon! check it out!

Sam fan
July 27th, 2005, 01:12 PM
heya guys!! My recorded song is up!!! www.southcoastidol.co.uk please check it out and tell me what yuo think! It's me singinga Christina song again please check it out and let me know what you think! go to west finalists and i'm the last one please download it guys! I know i can count on your suport ol yuo can even voter for me if you want to! lol! xx

sueKay
July 27th, 2005, 01:15 PM
I can't just now as my mum and dad are watching a film, and I'm not allowed to turn on my sound if they're in the living room. I'll d/l it tomorrow when they're out!!!

I'll definitely vote for you!!!!!!!!!!!!

florence
July 27th, 2005, 01:29 PM
heya guys!! My recorded song is up!!! www.southcoastidol.co.uk please check it out and tell me what yuo think! It's me singinga Christina song again please check it out and let me know what you think! go to west finalists and i'm the last one please download it guys! I know i can count on your suport ol yuo can even voter for me if you want to! lol! xx

Wow ! That's you singing ? Really great ! I wish you luck for the competition :)

ComTraya
July 27th, 2005, 01:32 PM
That's the scene where he invites her to one of his fishing trips, isn't it?

Here is the dialogue:

Jack: Thank you, Sir.
Carter! (She stops, and he stands up) You finally ready to take me up on that fishing trip?

Sam: Uh... actually, Sir, I have a few projects on the go.

Jack: Come on. Are you really trying to tell me you'd rather be in a dark, dank, dismal underground, than sit on a dock with your feet perched up, sippin' a cold one, and casting for that ever elusive crappy?

Sam: (laughs) Strange as it may sound , Sir, yes.
Have a good time. (glances at Teal'C)

Jack: (watching her leave) To each his own! Her! I meant her (whispers) I think.
So, Teal'C! This'll be great! Just you and me. What do you say? Come on! The Loons! Don't forget the loons!

Does anyone know how often he invited her until she finally said yes in Threads? 3 times? 4 times?

He invites her in Nemesis:

JACK: Well, if --- playing with your little reactor sounds better than exploring the lakes and natural beauty of Northern Minnesota, there's not much I can do.

SAM: Was that an invitation --- Sir?

also in Small Victories:

SAM: Still going fishing?

JACK: Yep.Still staying here?

SAM: Yeah. I think I've had enough relaxation for a while, Sir.

I don't know if it's a real invitation but I'm happy to think it is :)

and in The Curse.

So he's invited her at least 3 times during S3 and S4...

Sam fan
July 27th, 2005, 01:35 PM
Wow ! That's you singing ? Really great ! I wish you luck for the competition :)

Lol yep it is me! Thanks for the luck it means alot!!

sueKay
July 27th, 2005, 01:42 PM
Amy - you're going to do fine...especially with all of us and everyone in your RL right behind you!

Sam_o_Neill
July 27th, 2005, 01:43 PM
Wow Amy!!! Thats amazing :D:D:D:D
Good Luck with it! I'll vote as soon as I can!

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((Amy)))))))))))))))))))))))))

Sam_o_Neill
July 27th, 2005, 01:52 PM
I can't wait for ship day tomorrow!! :)
I'll try my best to be on here for 5am when the thread first opens but the last few weeks i've been used to getting up about 10am...and I'm dreaded by all alarm clocks:p;) I tend to take the batteries out or throw them at a wall when they start making a noise and then fall back to sleep :p

I promise I will try my best to be with you all for the start of ship day!!! :) and if my parents don't make me leave the house I should be on here all day!! :D

((((((((((((((((((((((((Shipper Family)))))))))))))))))))))))))
http://forum.gateworld.net/images/gw_icons/heart.gif Sam and Jack forever! http://forum.gateworld.net/images/gw_icons/heart.gif

girlgater
July 27th, 2005, 02:05 PM

Wow! That's terrific. I'd love to vote, but I'd hate to think what it would cost from the US. Here's wishing you all the best!

girlgater
July 27th, 2005, 02:08 PM
Hey guys.

It's round #39 now on the SG1 Season 1-7 tournament. D & C only had 12 votes in round #38. Time to vote again! Gotta protect D & C! ;)

Sam_o_Neill
July 27th, 2005, 02:10 PM
Yeah! I just voted! :D We seem to be doing well!

galaxy
July 27th, 2005, 02:18 PM
Hey guys.

It's round #39 now on the SG1 Season 1-7 tournament. D & C only had 12 votes in round #38. Time to vote again! Gotta protect D & C! ;)

Yeah, but it's on the 11th place to be voted out now, and before that it was on the 10th place, and the round before on the 3rd (I think), so that's a huge success. :)

Unfortunately I couldn't get rid of The First Ones....
But my subliminal message kinda worked though, because it's on the 2nd place to be voted out now!!!!
Wooohoooooo...The Unas can't stand a chance. :p :D

Sam_o_Neill
July 27th, 2005, 02:33 PM
If I want a fair chance of getting up at 5am tomorrow i'll have to go to bed now :)
See you all bright and early tomorrow!! :D:D

sueKay
July 27th, 2005, 02:35 PM
Well...If I got up at five am...my mum would be packing me off to the doctors...she shouts at me enough for going online as it is...I'll be joining you all between 10 and 1...whenever my mum lets me online!

Sam_o_Neill
July 27th, 2005, 02:40 PM
okie :) I probably won't be able to stay on as long as I want either because my mum is always getting on at me for spending too much time on the comp :S But i'll try my best ;):)

Sam_o_Neill
July 27th, 2005, 02:41 PM
Nighty Night! :D

Can't wait for tomorrow!

galaxy
July 27th, 2005, 02:48 PM

Wow. I'm impressed. You have a beautiful voice!
I wish you all luck in the world for the competition. :)
And keep us informed!

This family has really talented members.
(except for one, who wants to remain unnamed :p :D )

Lida
July 27th, 2005, 02:49 PM

Gee Token, hope that fence isn't a picket one. :(

galaxy
July 27th, 2005, 02:57 PM
Well...If I got up at five am...my mum would be packing me off to the doctors...she shouts at me enough for going online as it is...I'll be joining you all between 10 and 1...whenever my mum lets me online!

ROFL
I know exactly what you mean.
My mum always threaten me to take me to a psychiatrist.
But she will still be asleep tomorrow at 6 am and the computer is in my room....mwahahahaha :D

shipper hannah
July 27th, 2005, 02:58 PM
nighty-night shipper family!
only 6 hours until ship day!! :cool:
(but dont expect me to be here 5am, i don't do mornings! :S )
can't wait!!! :D :D :D

galaxy
July 27th, 2005, 03:11 PM

JACK: Well, if --- playing with your little reactor sounds better than exploring the lakes and natural beauty of Northern Minnesota, there's not much I can do.

also in Small Victories:

and in The Curse.

WELCOME COMTRAYA!!!!!

Have fun and post alot!

Oh and he also invites her in Sight Unseen:

Jack: I could stay.

Sam: We致e all been cleared, Sir. The base is clean. Jonas is probably suffering from stress. This is all still pretty new to him.

Jack: You could come with.

Sam: Sir?

Jack: Fishing Carter. I知 going fishing.

Sam: You know I知 planning on studying the artefact.

Jack: Yes. It痴 always something, isn稚 it?

Sam: Oh come on, Sir, we both know the only reason you asked is because you knew I had something else to do.

Jack: No, really I think you should come, fish. Fish some more.

:) :) :)

LOL4JACK
July 27th, 2005, 03:16 PM

I like this idea... I think it works out perfect, spoiler tags for the latest season, spoiler free for pics...

And I don't know but I don't think many people have not seen the Kiss from Moebius :D

sueKay
July 27th, 2005, 03:25 PM
Well I've been here all day, so I'd best be going!!!!

check out my site, and i'll be back tomorrow for all the festivities!!!!!!!!

Night Night!!!!!!!!!

galaxy
July 27th, 2005, 03:36 PM
I like this idea... I think it works out perfect, spoiler tags for the latest season, spoiler free for pics...

And I don't know but I don't think many people have not seen the Kiss from Moebius :D

LOL4JACK...you voted Red Sky, but that ep is gone now, so your vote doesn't count, if you don't change it.
(And it should count...we need every Shipper vote to save D&C :D )

LOL4JACK
July 27th, 2005, 03:43 PM
Thanks (((Galaxy))), I copied my previous post and forgot to change my vote... This shipper day is getting me all exited :p

PS: I voted for The First Ones in your honor, (sorry OMA :()

Damn! we should ask the Mods to allow us to give more rep points tomorrow :D

wynter
July 27th, 2005, 03:49 PM
hiya guys,

hope you all ok!just got computer back on ready for ship day thank god!!!
wayhay for tomorrow i can't wait,but can some-one please pm me so i know where to go tomorrow getting a bit confused thanks.
they are showing season7 here at 12pm heros tonight had death knell last night,so i'm popping off sorry quick visit but gearing up ready for the morning!!

see you all tomorrow

wynterxx

galaxy
July 27th, 2005, 03:51 PM
Thanks (((Galaxy))), I copied my previous post and forgot to change my vote... This shipper day is getting me all exited :p

PS: I voted for The First Ones in your honor, (sorry OMA :()

Damn! we should ask the Mods to allow us to give more rep points tomorrow :D

Awwww, thanks LOL4JACK!!! :)

ROFL, yeah we are all pretty excited. :D

But I really have to go to sleep now, because there are just 5 hours left until
SHIP DAY!!!!!! WOOOHOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!! :D :D :D

See ya tomorrow!

((((LOL4JACK))))

((((SHIPPER FAMILY)))))

Night, night! :)

Token
July 27th, 2005, 03:59 PM
Gee Token, hope that fence isn't a picket one. :(

http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/4/4_6_213.gif (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZSzfw003) OUCH!!!

ROTFL!!! Lida, I love your Furling sig!!!

ForeverSg1
July 27th, 2005, 04:02 PM

also in Small Victories:

and in The Curse.

Not sure if someone else has mentioned this already but he asks her to go fishing with him in Season 6's Sight Unseen as well.

O誰EILL: I could stay.

CARTER: We致e all been cleared, sir. The base is clean. Jonas is probably suffering from stress. This is all still pretty new to him.

O誰EILL: You could come with.

CARTER: Sir?

O誰EILL: Fishing Carter. I知 going fishing.

CARTER: You know I知 planning on studying the artifact.

O誰EILL: Yes. It痴 always something, isn稚 it?

CARTER: Oh come on, sir, we both know the only reason you asked is because you knew I had something else to do.

O誰EILL: No, really I think you should come...fish. Fish some more.

Edit: Oops looks like Galaxy already beat me to it. Oh well. ;)

Token
July 27th, 2005, 04:02 PM

I'm liking that idea!! After Lida "picket fence" suggestion, I guess I'm taking a side. :p

I believe Season 7 has finished its syndication run in the US and is therefore no longer considered a spoiler season. Season 8 & 9 would need spoilers. Am I right?

sg-1fanintn
July 27th, 2005, 05:22 PM
Welcome, ComTraya!

Hey guys.

Thanks for posting the reminder!!!!! I'll go vote now!

trupi
July 27th, 2005, 05:49 PM
I want to thank all of the family members who sent me green in the last two days. G-- Bless! Met Lynn for dinner last night and had a long shippy conversation (outside the restrictions of GW). Hope to meet more of you at the NJ convention. I'm ready to party tonight! Just lead the way and I'll be there to help open the celebrations. Also, they are complaining about us at the tournment. Too many shippers voting and they feel they are not getting a correct representation from all the groups. Not our fault we stick together like Sam and Jack!

majorsal
July 27th, 2005, 06:28 PM
Somebody mentioned to me that they needed a smaller version on their remote. Now, all of we gadget fiends know that you really can't generally modify a remote control, so, for a limited time, I'd like to introduce . . .

The SHIPPER'S Remote!!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v453/Buc252/shippersremote2.jpg

Disclaimer: Not responsible for the fate of certain unwanted characters when the "delete" button is used upon them. :eek:

LOVE it!! :D :p

sally :D

jckfan55
July 27th, 2005, 06:40 PM
Hi Lilly,

I liked Solitudes. It had a super dynamic between them. Sam was pretty fazed at first by the situation, but Jack's strength and level-headedness rubbed off on her and she ended up being the strong supportive one towards the end when Jack was fading away. I think this one and Serpent's Thingy (the hand-biting scene) were a really good indicator of the professional relationship between the two of them and the respect they had for each other; Jack for Sam's spirit and Sam for Jack's leadership.

I particularly liked how solitudes avoided the TV cliche of Man & Woman Stranded Together = Romance; and I'm not saying that as an anti-shipper because I know that it's still very possible to see ship in that ep. I just think it was nice that the focus of the ep was *cameraderie* because that theme of the two of them trying to stay positive while facing death together carried such a lot of power, especially when counterpointed with Daniel and Teal'c's desperate searching.

I totally agree with you on Solitudes. I found it so refreshing that they were comrades who really cared about each other, but were not a romantic pair. (I'm an anti-shipper btw).

Not necessarily all time favorites, but a couple that come to mind:

I liked the interaction between them in "Redemption" where he first implies Sam isn't an "egghead" and then after she gives him a look says "you are, but in a good way."

Their little fight in "the Light" was the highlight of that episode for me. He points out that she didn't call him "sir" and she says "You think I'm keeping *that* up if we're stuck here forever?!"

majorsal
July 27th, 2005, 06:44 PM
Believe it or not majorsal they aren't! I thought they looked like that too but they come direct from screen caps of the episode.
Just love ATs facial expressions! :D

really? i can't remember sam smiling like that in that scene! (worries about memory...... what?)

mad_gater
July 27th, 2005, 07:03 PM
I can't possibly read all the posts since I've been away plus I have to prepare for Ship Day. Forgive me if this has already been discussed and decided. :o

Are we making the Ship Day thread spoiler-free (meaning spoiler tags and picture links) or not? Also, who is opening the thread, and was there ever a decision on a poll for this year?

Thanks! :D
WELCOME BACK TOKEN!!!!

mad_gater
July 27th, 2005, 07:14 PM
:D Hi chums.
I知 popping in to say that I知 so sad I won稚 be able to join you all for Ship Day tomorrow. :( I was looking forward to it and then I got this gig, which I couldn稚 refuse. So, whilst I知 sitting somewhere in Denmark, sipping a few beers, I値l be thinking about you all. When I return next week I値l have my own mini ship day reading through all the great posts in the special thread. :D

I hope you have a really wonderful day.

http://forum.gateworld.net/images/gw_icons/heart.gif Sam and Jack, Together, Forever! http://forum.gateworld.net/images/gw_icons/heart.gif

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v491/dipsofjazz/Sam%20and%20Jack/Avatar_AT_RDA_grin.gif

Me and Keldor are gonna be earnin' our keep from 12 PM - 5 PM tomorrow but shortly after I get back I should be able to join you guys. :D:D

nell
July 27th, 2005, 07:54 PM
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y209/cilljill/Fallout_109W.jpg Jack: Hey, Danny boy, did you hear?
Daniel: Hear what Jack?
Jack: Ship Day is less than two hours away!
Daniel: Ship Day? Never heard of it.
Jack: Don't be so dense! It's like a holiday for Sam and me!
Daniel: Um, you'll do just about anything for attention.
Jack: No, really. There's a lot of people called Shippers. They're rooting for me and Sam. They want a BIG HONKIN' KISS!
Daniel: Get a room!!!

3rd ANNUAL SAM/JACK SHIP DAY IS COMING SOON!!!!

sg-1fanintn
July 27th, 2005, 08:01 PM
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y128/newsgoddess/UKLD_043.jpg

SAM: Sam/Jack Ship Day 2005 is almost here!

JACK: C'mere! Sweet!

mad_gater
July 27th, 2005, 08:11 PM
I can't wait! I'll be in meetings all day and will only be able to get on for little bits :( but I know it will be a blast. :D Thanks to everyone for your hard work in making this day possible. :D :D

http://yelims2.free.fr/Fete/Danseurs.gif
Yup! It will be quite a party! Somebody will be behind the bar doling out the drinks...can't be me as I have a shift at my RL job tomorrow....I hate RL!! :P:D:P:D

And there'll be cake...lots and lots of cake...and blue jello.....That oughta get Sam and Jack down here from their floating shipper cabin!! :D:D:D:D:D:D

Yup....Thor's wedding present was installing antigrav generators in Sam and Jack's cabin and moving it so they have a good view of Shipper Town and its harbor....:P:D:P:D

nell
July 27th, 2005, 08:17 PM
Yup! It will be quite a party! Somebody will be behind the bar doling out the drinks...can't be me as I have a shift at my RL job tomorrow....I hate RL!! :P:D:P:D

And there'll be cake...lots and lots of cake...and blue jello.....That oughta get Sam and Jack down here from their floating shipper cabin!! :D:D:D:D:D:D

Yup....Thor's wedding present was installing antigrav generators in Sam and Jack's cabin and moving it so they have a good view of Shipper Town and its harbor....:P:D:P:D

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y209/cilljill/gateau_choco.jpg

Yummy, lots and lots of cake!!!! :D

mad_gater
July 27th, 2005, 08:21 PM
On Ship Day, I'll be on as much as possible, but I may have to go to work. I've asked my mum for permission to use the computer the whole day, but she says she may be wanting to join in!

So I'll need to make her a bit more computer literate, considering teaching her what a double click was took half an hour!
We'd love to have your mum join in the festivities...but oy! hope she gets a crash course in computer operation real quick...:P:D

mad_gater
July 27th, 2005, 08:24 PM
Hi everybody!

See you soon.
Comtraya Comtraya!!!! :P:D:P:D:P:D:P:D

Join all the rest of those assimilated.....err....members of the family...:P:D

mad_gater
July 27th, 2005, 08:27 PM
Comtraya COM TRAYA!!!!!!!!!!!

sorry...couldn't resist!

Hope you have fun here tommorow and everyday!
Thought I was so clever...ya beat me to it.....:P:D

Lynn
July 27th, 2005, 08:42 PM
Hey all !!! Just wanted to let you know that I'm here waiting for Ship Day :-)

Will try and post as much as I can tomorrow but it might be a crazy day at work. So tonight I typed like crazy to finish my latest fanfic and will post it in the morning for Ship Day!

BT

LadyJeep
July 27th, 2005, 08:43 PM
Sam fan,

I think it sounded fabulous! :D

mad_gater
July 27th, 2005, 08:43 PM
I can't just now as my mum and dad are watching a film, and I'm not allowed to turn on my sound if they're in the living room. I'll d/l it tomorrow when they're out!!!

I'll definitely vote for you!!!!!!!!!!!!
Doncha have headphones? :P:D:P:D

Course in my house even though the computer is in the living room, not the family room where the TV is...my dad has it up so loud I can't hardly hear what I'm listening to on the comp....was very annoying when I was trying to watch SG-1 and SG-A...:rolleyes:

mad_gater
July 27th, 2005, 08:49 PM
I can't wait for ship day tomorrow!! :)
I'll try my best to be on here for 5am when the thread first opens but the last few weeks i've been used to getting up about 10am...and I'm dreaded by all alarm clocks:p;) I tend to take the batteries out or throw them at a wall when they start making a noise and then fall back to sleep :p

I promise I will try my best to be with you all for the start of ship day!!! :) and if my parents don't make me leave the house I should be on here all day!! :D

((((((((((((((((((((((((Shipper Family)))))))))))))))))))))))))
http://forum.gateworld.net/images/gw_icons/heart.gif Sam and Jack forever! http://forum.gateworld.net/images/gw_icons/heart.gif
((((((((Samo))))))))))

I'll fix ya a nice brew from a Tok'ra recipe that should do the trick of making you bright-eyed and bushy-tailed at 5 AM...:D:P

galaxy
July 27th, 2005, 09:01 PM
good morning...

god I can' tell you how tired I am. LOL :D
So if I write a post like this:

rg7pZl゚443tac.,-4w765H9RaWefh-,f-b.f
eztfgeruiz((((((((QD゚,f.蔕 er3r゚39ri゚3ri3゚r

don't worry. My head fell on the keyboard then. :p

SHIP DAY!!!!!!

trupi
July 27th, 2005, 09:04 PM
Happy Ship Day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mad_gater
July 27th, 2005, 09:04 PM
I'm liking that idea!! After Lida "picket fence" suggestion, I guess I'm taking a side. :p

I believe Season 7 has finished its syndication run in the US and is therefore no longer considered a spoiler season. Season 8 & 9 would need spoilers. Am I right?
yup....save the picket fences for TPTB...to sit on....:P:D

sg-1fanintn
July 27th, 2005, 09:19 PM
S/J Ship Day 2005 has begun!

You'll find our special thread at: http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?p=4387921&posted=1#post4387921

Sorry to post this link a little late, but I was putting a few finishing touches on the first few posts.

Could someone please quote and re-post the link to the special thread here on the regular thread a couple of times overnight? It's time for working people in the Eastern and Central time zones to go to bed.....since tomorrow is a work day! Hmmph! S/J Ship Day should be a national holiday!

divcon
July 27th, 2005, 11:42 PM
SueKay - Here's mine (it's only little compared to the rest of you but hopefully it'll fill up soon :-))

http://www.fanfiction.net/~lynnmichelle

Hey Lynn, mine is only litte as well. Only 8 stories compared to the hundreds that some have posted. I take comfort that I've only be writing and posting for about a month. :) :)

Silver
July 28th, 2005, 02:10 AM
Happy Ship Day, Shipper Family!

Woohoo! Let the S/J festivities begin!

m_wendy_r
July 28th, 2005, 06:20 AM
Happy Shippers Day

Wendy

AncientKnowledge
July 28th, 2005, 09:13 AM
I just have to be here to say this....

:D HAPPY SHIPPERS DAY EVERYONE! :D
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y81/ElectoralCollage/1heh.jpg

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y81/ElectoralCollage/7aa48071.jpg

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y81/ElectoralCollage/23.jpg

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y81/ElectoralCollage/09098680.jpg

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y81/ElectoralCollage/Sam%20and%20Jack/6e4da895.jpg

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y81/ElectoralCollage/Sam%20and%20Jack/f384062c.jpg

That scene from Divide and Conquer justs playing over in my head.....
-~*Sam and Jack Forever*~-

Chrysalis
July 28th, 2005, 09:57 AM
Love Solitudes and Divide and Conquer too!
Oh, and Threads. For a couple of Sam/Jack scenes..

divcon
July 28th, 2005, 10:58 AM
There are so many to choose from (being an avid S/J shipper), but I must admit that I really enjoy the briefing room scene at the beginning of COTG when they meet for the first time. Sam holds her own amongst the men and Jack can't help but be impressed. From then on he had a great deal of respect and I think admiration for her.

Zoser
July 28th, 2005, 11:10 AM
Somebody mentioned to me that they needed a smaller version on their remote. Now, all of we gadget fiends know that you really can't generally modify a remote control, so, for a limited time, I'd like to introduce . . .

The SHIPPER'S Remote!!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v453/Buc252/shippersremote2.jpg

Disclaimer: Not responsible for the fate of certain unwanted characters when the "delete" button is used upon them. :eek:
At last a gadget I can truly used.
I plan to click away on Shipper day.

LOL4JACK
July 28th, 2005, 11:14 AM
Hello,

Just a short message if you think you can't find shippers here today, we are celebrating...

3rd Annual Sam/Jack Ship Day!
Click on the link below to take you to this wonderfull thread :p

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=14709&page=1&pp=20

Zoser
July 28th, 2005, 11:28 AM
Well, I am on my way to gas station to fill up the Shipper Bus, check the oil and tires. Oh, and to the store to stock up the bar of course!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v474/mkmoulder/Stargate/hippiebus-1.jpg
Hey Rogue long time no see.
Glad to see you have the Shipper bus road worthy.
I've been about ready to throw myself under it but today I will think positive. I don't care what TPTB do or how ambiguous the story line is in my little twisted universe Sam and Jack are together.

Sam_o_Neill
July 28th, 2005, 11:39 AM
WooHooo!!!
I'm loving ship day! :D:D:D

There doesn't really seem to be many people over in the ship day thread tho :(

Buc252
July 28th, 2005, 06:42 PM
I'm probably here all by myself today, but I wanted to post, say hi, and do something to move the thread up in the ranks.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v453/Buc252/ITLODInfirmary1.jpg

I love how he's literally crying for her in INTLOD. Now that's something TPTB would never have given us later in the series, after they got scared.

girlgater
July 28th, 2005, 07:07 PM
I'm probably here all by myself today, but I wanted to post, say hi, and do something to move the thread up in the ranks.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v453/Buc252/ITLODInfirmary1.jpg

I love how he's literally crying for her in INTLOD. Now that's something TPTB would never have given us later in the series, after they got scared.

Hey!

Come on over to the Ship Day Thread. I'll warn you though, it can get pretty frantic. Especially if you're trying to keep up with the posts via dial-up.

Buc252
July 28th, 2005, 07:28 PM
Hey!

Come on over to the Ship Day Thread. I'll warn you though, it can get pretty frantic. Especially if you're trying to keep up with the posts via dial-up.

Thanks anyway, but I wouldn't want to risk running to JM. I'll just stick it out here and know that things'll be back to normal tomorrow.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v453/Buc252/MondayMT.bmp

I'd like to see a scene like this, only, obviously, with Sam and Jack. I just love to see a woman caring for her man. <g>

Buc252
July 28th, 2005, 07:29 PM
Here's another fun one. Love the way she's looking at him . . .

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v453/Buc252/cap034.bmp

sg-1fanintn
July 28th, 2005, 07:34 PM
I just want to remind you that Round 40 of the Fave Episodes Tournament has begun. The Warrior was eliminated in Round 39.

Please keep voting! Catch up on the tourney (and which eps have been eliminated so far) here: http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=12889&page=95&pp=20

Be careful! If you accidentally vote for an ep that has already been eliminated, none of your votes will count in that round.

Please take time to go vote before you go to bed tonight!

trupi
July 28th, 2005, 09:16 PM
Goodnight to all! Going to read some fanfics!

gatebee
July 28th, 2005, 09:30 PM
I just want to remind you that Round 40 of the Fave Episodes Tournament has begun. The Warrior was eliminated in Round 39.

Please keep voting! Catch up on the tourney (and which eps have been eliminated so far) here: http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=12889&page=95&pp=20

Be careful! If you accidentally vote for an ep that has already been eliminated, none of your votes will count in that round.

Please take time to go vote before you go to bed tonight!
I voted 2 X there. The first time I made it all wrong. The seconf time, wasn't really sure if I was doing the right thing. I guess I am just to "duh" for such things. I prefer the simplier things in life ... such a Sam and Jack and our Ship Family.
Now I go over to Annual Ship Day and read fanfic and look at vids.

Billie
July 28th, 2005, 10:02 PM
Morning all! :)

Am suffering from a serious Ship Day hangover!! :D but what a PARTY we had, YAY!! :p

Will have to settle down tonight and finish reading through all the posts - could take some time thou!

Anyhow, it was a blast but hey it's nice to be back here too. So until later my dear (and I'm thinking very tired!) family, carrying on shipping!! :p

gatebee
July 28th, 2005, 10:41 PM
for those who love as I do looking at ship vids...I have started with Christy's Videos-I Finally Found Someone and I Will Be Here. Just awesome and moving. I guess I am such a softy when it comes to romantic stuff. I am such a push over. Sam and Jack forever and to TPTB

Dani76
July 28th, 2005, 10:48 PM
for those who love as I do looking at ship vids...I have started with Christy's Videos-I Finally Found Someone and I Will Be Here. Just awesome and moving. I guess I am such a softy when it comes to romantic stuff. I am such a pish over. Sam and Jack forever and to TPTB

Hi gatebee. I know what you mean - I am such a softy, too. Where can I find the vids?

gatebee
July 28th, 2005, 11:17 PM
Hi gatebee. I know what you mean - I am such a softy, too. Where can I find the vids?
you can find it at Annual Sam and Jack Ship Day

gatebee
July 28th, 2005, 11:19 PM
Good night to my Sam and Jack Ship Family
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v205/FilBrit1/sg1/1stdaysj.jpg

lonely_star
July 28th, 2005, 11:46 PM
hey family!! I fighted but I did it !! my little thing is done!! well yes it's not a vid quality or something like that but it's something so it's a good beginning :) I've done it with what I had so it's images poor, I just wanted to participate in ship day and thank you guys in my way for all the moments I share with you, the laugh you give me with all your pics :D and everything! I'm glad to be here ....unfortunately I got to go to work but be there soon...now if someone could let me know if the music is working with the slide it could be cool ;)...don't look for a direct link between the music and the pics, it's just that I like the song :D

((((((((((((((((((((((((family)))))))))))))))))))))))
and thanks again to all of you who organised this ship day !!!!great job guys !!!and those who participated too

to see the slide show (http://www.putfile.com/media.php?n=shipday_2005)

to dowload it (http://s8.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=1KGF3K7N0L1XW241YGHRP0B973)

Dani76
July 28th, 2005, 11:48 PM
hey family!! I fighted but I did it !! my little thing is done!!

It's awesome, Lonely! Great job.
Yeah, the Sam/Jack Ship Day was a great success. Congratulations to everybody involved!!!

Sam_o_Neill
July 29th, 2005, 02:25 AM
Hey Everybody!!!!
I can't believe that we past the 100 mark AND surpassed last years total by 155 posts!! :D:D:D

Lonely_Star I just watched your slide show! Its great! :D Very SHippy!
and I want to congratulate Divcon for lasting over 18 hours and sticking there to see us reach 1000!!! I wish I could have stayed too!

((((((((((((((((((((((((((Shipper Family))))))))))))))))))))))))))
I can't wait for next year!! :D:D:D

florence
July 29th, 2005, 03:02 AM
Wow ! I've finally finished reading all the posts in the Ship Day Thread (it tooks me hours ! :p )

I just wanted to say it was really fun to be with everyone and to see all the shippers with big smiles on their faces (well, not really 'seeing' them but you know what I mean :D )
I've still got some vids to dl and watch (Marion, I'll dl yours this evening. I'm at work now and this comp doesn't have WMP... :rolleyes: ). Plus tons of fics to read ! Thanks again to all the authors who joined us yesterday !

I don't have time (and courage) to reply to every post that made me laugh or smile or go 'awww'. I tried to give green jello but I'm sure that I forgot a lot of people. So here's a big hug for all of you ! :D

(((((SHIPPER FAMILY)))))

sueKay
July 29th, 2005, 03:18 AM
Good morning Shipper Twon!

Oh it's good to be back in the shipper vibe :D:D

Anywhos...I have an idea that I think people will like...

A SHIPPER FAMILY WEBSITE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What I want to do, is trawl through the archive (the ENTIRE archive)...

Find EVER single link that still works

Get permission off of all of our graphics people,

And stick it altogether in a website!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WHAT DOES EVERYONE THINK?????

sueKay
July 29th, 2005, 03:59 AM
Well...I see everyone jumped at that idea...I'll beback later in the day

sueKay
July 29th, 2005, 04:02 AM
Oh...

3100 posts!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

galaxy
July 29th, 2005, 04:17 AM

Wait....I'm here....I jump: YAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAY!!!!!!!!!! *jumps up and down* :D :D :D
I love that idea!!!

And congrats on your 3100th post, sueKay!!!!!

http://tinypic.com/9kc9px.jpg

sueKay
July 29th, 2005, 04:20 AM
((((((((GALAXY)))))))

Thank you!!!!!

What do you think of my idea?????

Catysg1
July 29th, 2005, 04:27 AM
Congrats (((Suekay ))) :)

and where has the annual ship day thread been stored ??!! I could only catch up to page 13 yesterday ?!! Would love to read the rest but as far as I saw , it was great fun :)

Sorry I could not be with all of you shipper fans more .

Caty :)

galaxy
July 29th, 2005, 04:32 AM
((((((((GALAXY)))))))

Thank you!!!!!

What do you think of my idea?????

That's really a great idea...that could be something like the number one source for all S/J shippers. :D
I'm so excited!!! :p

galaxy
July 29th, 2005, 04:36 AM
Congrats (((Suekay ))) :)

and where has the annual ship day thread been stored ??!! I could only catch up to page 13 yesterday ?!! Would love to read the rest but as far as I saw , it was great fun :)

Sorry I could not be with all of you shipper fans more .

((((Caty))))

You were missed! :(
It was a wonderful Ship Day!

Here is the link: http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=14709

It will take some time to read the rest..... :D

Sam_o_Neill
July 29th, 2005, 04:36 AM
Yeah I think a website like that would eb great SueKay! :D but I also wish we could do like SG1Fanintn said and save the whole Ship Day thread to a PDF or something .. Just in case these forums ever do go...:S

Lynn
July 29th, 2005, 04:40 AM
Morning (or is it afternoon) Caty!

Just wondering where was the picture of Jack taken from yesterday?

Thanks
Lynn

Sam_o_Neill
July 29th, 2005, 04:42 AM
Caty! Its a shame you couldn't spend more time with us yesterday! But i'll have to warn you that you're going to have a LOT of reading to do if you only got up to page 13! :S:S

Oh and I finally made another vid! And i'm think I can safely say that its a big improvement from my first one :P;):D I'm not quite up to yours and Marimbas standards tho!..I haven't worked out how to get the voices going over the music yet, that will probably the next step I try to take with another vid :P:S

Its Here if you want a look:
www.angelfire.com/space2/4eva_samandjack/All_about_loving_you.zip

florence
July 29th, 2005, 04:43 AM
(((sueKay)))

Sorry if I didn't jump immediately but I'm soooo tired today... Going to bed very late yesterday because of this wonderful Ship Day :)
+ bad night because of coughing... :(
Thank God I'm on holidays tomorrow for 5 weeks ! :D

Anyway... I think it would be a good idea (another website sueKay ? You're getting addicted to create these kind of things ! ; :p ) Something where newbies could go to find everything related to the Shipper Family ad ShipperTown... and where 'older' posters could go to remember all those great moments ! :D

CONGRATS ON YOUR 3100th POST !

shelsfc
July 29th, 2005, 04:44 AM
SueKay, that's a good idea. It would be nice to have eveything all together in one place! Let me know if I can help!! :D

sueKay
July 29th, 2005, 04:48 AM
(((((((((((Caty))))))))))))

We missed you!

We never figured out where Jack was, but I'd say...The Bridge Studio Offices.

Okay...I'm going to start a shipperfamily website...just an archive of links and pics for the moment!

*Hurries away to get a template and other stuff*

I'll be absent for most of today, as it's the Loch Lomond Folk Festival, and I've got a double bass to find!

florence
July 29th, 2005, 04:51 AM
Morning (or is it afternoon) Caty!

Just wondering where was the picture of Jack taken from yesterday?

Thanks
Lynn

Yes, please Caty ! Tell us where was Jack and what we should have seen through the window ! Someone (didn't remember who, sorry :o ) thought it was Arc de Triomphe but I didn't see anything... :(

Catysg1
July 29th, 2005, 04:55 AM
Thank you (((Galaxy))) :)

OH my oh my !!!! So many pages to catch up ..Not sure when I'll have the time to read all that but I stored it in my favourite ....Well done everybody :D What a successfull day :)

I feel really sorry that I could not be around more with a special video for that special day ....need to sort ou my movie maker which decided to play funny on my ship day video .

But I can see all those lovely colorfull pics and collages , and some new videos that I feel that the day was splendid .

Hopefully TPTB did have a quick look at it !!!and will know that Sam and Jack ship is as important as ever and they will do something about it at least in the last episode of season 9..It is very important that that ship is handled well . :)

I was talking to one of my friends yesterday telling her about the ship day and all that and how the S/J shipper fans felt cheated because so far it has been ignored verbally in season 9 premiere after what we saw in "Threads" and it is unforgivable . It just put people off watching any further because of the weak efforts from TPTB in lack of visual or verbal human feelings between the Sam and Jack characters after all those years of UST . :rolleyes:

She thought it was appalling to because TPTb started that ship and not us shipper fans ...This is why I turned my passion to JAG and LOST at the moment ..The ship was handled well in JAG ...just because the 2 xharcters interacted a lot on a personal level and the end was smashing .Lost I really do love that show for the intrigue and the different ships being brought up by TPTB ..Fascinating , sublte and great stories all along . :)

Catysg1
July 29th, 2005, 05:03 AM
Yes, please Caty ! Tell us where was Jack and what we should have seen through the window ! Someone (didn't remember who, sorry :o ) thought it was Arc de Triomphe but I didn't see anything... :(

OK .....a little shippy story :)

http://www.angelfire.com/space2/sci-fi/shipdaySJ1.jpg

Behind the blind , you can see the Eiffel tower ;)

In fact Jack decided to take a private jet while on duty ...and went to Paris to get married ..but he wanted it to be a surprise for Sam ..so he didn't say anything to her ..He asked Hammond to take her on an undercover mission in Paris ..She is in a private jet landing in Charles de Gaulle Airport right now . Jack is thouthfull of what 's ahead . :) he decided to not get changed and stay with his dress blue because he knows so well that Sam loves him to bits in that uniform and plus this is how they met in the briefing room 9 years ago.
As you can see he has the champagne ready and is just waiting by the hotel window for her imminent arrival ...he can't wait to see her beautiful face and her radiant smile .

A smile which will stay on her face for the rest of her life .

And this is my ending for final episode of season 9 and I'll stick to it . :)

sueKay
July 29th, 2005, 05:05 AM
Could someone ask Skydiver to close the ship day thread...people are still posting in it!!!!!!!!!!!

Catysg1
July 29th, 2005, 05:06 AM
Caty! Its a shame you couldn't spend more time with us yesterday! But i'll have to warn you that you're going to have a LOT of reading to do if you only got up to page 13! :S:S

Oh and I finally made another vid! And i'm think I can safely say that its a big improvement from my first one :P;):D I'm not quite up to yours and Marimbas standards tho!..I haven't worked out how to get the voices going over the music yet, that will probably the next step I try to take with another vid :P:S

Its Here if you want a look:
www.angelfire.com/space2/4eva_samandjack/All_about_loving_you.zip

Hi Sam O Neill :)

Link does not seem to be working for me !!!

lonely_star
July 29th, 2005, 05:07 AM
((((((((((((SueKay))))))))))) that's a great idea!!!!! I also jump at the idea...interiorly because i don't think my collegues will appreciate if I jump in the middle of the office :p
I guess it's gonna be a lot of work !! I have a headache only to think I have to go through the entire ship day thread (even if it's gonna be soooooooooooo great) so I can't imagine going through ALL the archive !!! wow !!!

Like said Florence, we can't stop you in creating web site now !! :) what do you want to be ? informatician ?? :p :)

talking about website, what is going on with the idea of virtual season 9 ? I feel like I'm the only one asking abotu that :rolleyes: don't you want guys to do it anymore ?? I think it's still a good idea...because season 9 is not very advantagous for us so far...fingers crossed for tonite tho!

:rolleyes:

sueKay
July 29th, 2005, 05:07 AM
Okay...WHAT LAYOUT DO YOU WANT???????????

go to

http://www.elated.com

and have a look through the pagekits

Tell me which one you like!!!!!!!!!!!!

NB: The template called 'taste' is in use by my personal site, but I can customise for the ship family!

Sam_o_Neill
July 29th, 2005, 05:09 AM
Thats strange :S Shipper Hannah had the same problem yesterday but its working for me...and i'm sure there were others who downloaded it ok..:S

Did you right click on it and try to Save Target As? Its a zip file so you'll have to do that...

sueKay
July 29th, 2005, 05:13 AM
LS - I'm not doing the virtual season anymore, as there is one already...

go to http://jackfic.com and you should find a link!

lonely_star
July 29th, 2005, 05:13 AM
Behind the blind , you can see the Eiffel tower ;)

In fact Jack decided to take a private jet while on duty ...and went to Paris to get married ..but he wanted it to be a surprise for Sam ..so he didn't say anything to her ..He asked Hammond to take her on an undercover mission in Paris ..She is in a private jet landing in Charles de Gaulle Airport right now . Jack is thouthfull of what 's ahead . :) he decided to not get changed and stay with his dress blue because he knows so well that Sam loves him to bits in that uniform and plus this is how they met in the briefing room 9 years ago.
As you can see he has the champagne ready and is just waiting by the hotel window for her imminent arrival ...he can't wait to see her beautiful face and her radiant smile .

A smile which will stay on her face for the rest of her life .

And this is my ending for final episode of season 9 and I'll stick to it . :)

((((((((((((caty))))))))))

great !!!! it works for me too !! I'm in !!!! that's a great ending!! I think I'll watch the Eiffel tower differently tonight when I'll be leaving the office ...I'll be aware and see if I can't find a dress blue in the crowd... :D ....after thoughts...they probably have better things to do than hanging out in Paris :D :D

lonely_star
July 29th, 2005, 05:19 AM
LS - I'm not doing the virtual season anymore, as there is one already...

go to http://jackfic.com and you should find a link!

ok :) cool, I'll do that as soon as I have a moment, thanks !!!!

Okay...WHAT LAYOUT DO YOU WANT???????????

go to

http://www.elated.com

and have a look through the pagekits

Tell me which one you like!!!!!!!!!!!!

NB: The template called 'taste' is in use by my personal site, but I can customise for the ship family

personnaly I don't care, anything will be good :) what matters iis what is inside ;) I trust you for that : your sites rock ! :)

(((((((((((((Suekay)))))))))))))

Catysg1
July 29th, 2005, 05:19 AM
((((((((((((caty))))))))))

great !!!! it works for me too !! I'm in !!!! that's a great ending!! I think I'll watch the Eiffel tower differently tonight when I'll be leaving the office ...I'll be aware and see if I can't find a dress blue in the crowd... :D ....after thoughts...they probably have better things to do than hanging out in Paris :D :D

Of course they won't be going OUT . :S They 'll be staying IN :D :) ;)

nell
July 29th, 2005, 05:21 AM
Bon jour, Lonely Star! I just watched your Sam and Jack slide show. :p Outstanding!!! :) ;)

Catysg1
July 29th, 2005, 05:25 AM
Lonely Star :) Where is your website again ? so that I can watch your wondeful slideshow :)

sueKay
July 29th, 2005, 05:28 AM
lonely Star - I didn't know you had a website...where is it????

HailDorothy
July 29th, 2005, 05:37 AM
Hey, Shipper Ladies...um, don't see any gents around. :D But if you're here, Hey, to you too!

So mind if I stop by and say GOOD MORNING CAMPERS??

I just wanted to share that I had an awesome time yesterday at the Sam and Jack Shipper Day forum. You guys rock!

I'm still plowing through the posts and figure it will take me two more days of reading while in the real world.

And hi, Caty!!! I lost track of your this summer....Glad to see you are around. Now that I found where you've been hiding out. Heee..... ;)

And the Eiffel Tower! Go figure! Well, that blew my little fic "In Dreams" all to H--Well, you know where. :rolleyes: But hey I love your story and you better stick to it. :D

So I'm going to try and do some novel writing today. Wish it was fan fic! Maybe this weekend.

I do plan to join in here more often, now that I found this wonderful world of shippers. Feels like home!

"There's no place like home, Dorothy."

"I know, Scarecrow. Glad we finally found it . . . together."

sueKay
July 29th, 2005, 05:44 AM
We have another shipper thread convert!!!!!!!

I have so many friends I speak to a lot, and a few of them finally showed up - Cathain, JoR and Aligator...I speak to Cathain and Ali a lot and I've been speaking to JoR recently.

BUT, if Su Freund and Robin K Harper are lurking...DELURK PLEASE!!!!!!

nell
July 29th, 2005, 05:45 AM
sueKay HAPPY 3100

Caty HAPPY 4100

galaxy
July 29th, 2005, 05:48 AM
Hey, Shipper Ladies...um, don't see any gents around. :D But if you're here, Hey, to you too!

I just wanted to share that I had an awesome time yesterday at the Sam and Jack Shipper Day forum. You guys rock!

I'm still plowing through the posts and figure it will take me two more days of reading while in the real world.

And hi, Caty!!! I lost track of your this summer....Glad to see you are around. Now that I found where you've been hiding out. Heee..... ;)

And the Eiffel Tower! Go figure! Well, that blew my little fic "In Dreams" all to H--Well, you know where. :rolleyes: But hey I love your story and you better stick to it. :D

So I'm going to try and do some novel writing today. Wish it was fan fic! Maybe this weekend.

I do plan to join in here more often, now that I found this wonderful world of shippers. Feels like home!

Can I officially welcome you as a new Shipper Family member then? :)

WELCOME TO THE SHIPPER FAMILY HAILDOROTHY!!!!!

http://tinypic.com/9kmaly.jpg

Have fun! (I'm sure you will) :D

galaxy
July 29th, 2005, 05:53 AM
Sorry didn't intend to post 2 versions... :S

HailDorothy
July 29th, 2005, 05:53 AM
SueKay, did you say Su Fruend??? Haven't spoken with her in awhile, but we're buds! Small world! And yep, you've converted another shipper to the family! LOL

Hugs!

sueKay
July 29th, 2005, 05:59 AM
Yeah...Su Freund and I have been talking for months...she reviewed one of my fanfics just a week ago, but she has been a bitty quiet as of late...

...she must be working on something big!

HailDorothy
July 29th, 2005, 06:02 AM
You sure can welcome me, Galaxy!! WOW!!!! Great Picture! ;)

Makes me feel special..... :)

"I feel pretty, oh, so pretty. . ." :cool:

For those of you younger than 50 that's um, a song from a classic musical that Sam and Jack would probably watch....just can't remember the name. Darn! :eek:

Going to look up movie song lyrics....can you tell I'm avoiding work this morning? :rolleyes:

girlgater
July 29th, 2005, 06:09 AM

For those of you younger than 50 that's um, a song from a classic musical that Sam and Jack would probably watch....just can't remember the name. Darn! :eek:

Going to look up movie song lyrics....can you tell I'm avoiding work this morning? :rolleyes:

West Side Story, perhaps??? It would be something that Jack and Sam would watch as it was such a star-crossed lover's movie.

HailDorothy
July 29th, 2005, 06:10 AM
Hum, now that you mention it, she owes me an email. I've know her almost two years now....boy time does fly!

But must make note: Drop her a line and pester her until she breaks. ;)

Knowing Su's romantic heart, she's up to something that involves Jack, Sam, a bottle of expensive wine, wedding bells, etc. :D

Catysg1
July 29th, 2005, 06:11 AM
Hi HailDorothy and welcome to shipper family ;)

shelsfc
July 29th, 2005, 06:12 AM

I do believe that's from Westside Story. :)

sueKay
July 29th, 2005, 06:17 AM
HailDorothy - Did Su not post something to ff.net recently???? I never got the chance to read it.

She's probably not talking to me, because I've not updated a story she's been badgering me about!

Still looking for a template for the shipper site...then I'll go link hunting through the archive!!!!

Catysg1
July 29th, 2005, 06:18 AM
Before I go away to watch the finale of LOST season 1 :) hehehehe......have any of TPTB (ex : Joe) been posting in the annual shipper thread !!!!!!( I doubt it but you never know!!!!) .....if yes !!!!!!!!!!!!!! where ?

Thank you :) and have a nice after shipper day :)

sueKay
July 29th, 2005, 06:21 AM
Nope...LOL4JACK pmed him a month ago...he said he'd pop in, but to give him a reminder nearer the time...both LOL4JACK and myself tried to PM him again, but it was full, and I would have got flamed for asking in the JM threaf (you know what they can be like)

remember though - he popped in two days late last year!

Lynn
July 29th, 2005, 06:23 AM
Welcome Hail Dorothy!

Love your writing and so happy to know you're one of the family :-)

Lynn

Lynn
July 29th, 2005, 06:24 AM
Wow - that came out weird - but the sentiment is true :-)

HailDorothy
July 29th, 2005, 06:25 AM
ShelsFc ang Girlgator, Right On!

WEST SIDE STORY!!!

So come clean how old are ya guys ??? Just kidding.

I'm a proud 52 going on 25...LOL

Okay, I'll come clean, I'm usually in the 16 year-old mindset and occassionally I regress to a six-year old. A lot more than I should....

Catysg1
July 29th, 2005, 06:28 AM
Wow - that came out weird - but the sentiment is true :-)

Lynn :) you were asking about where the photo of Jack comes from ..well It's a pic from season 9 from episode 1 or 3 .

As we know that he is thinking of Sam anyway ..I thought I'll make it a bit clearer ...and my imagination went running wild about the Paris meeting with her to get married :) hehehehehe ...and if there is a job at TPTB for me ..just even as an " idea input manager" ..I'll take it and I'll give you all the ending we deserve .

trupi
July 29th, 2005, 06:34 AM
hey family!! I fighted but I did it !! my little thing is done!! well yes it's not a vid quality or something like that but it's something so it's a good beginning :) I've done it with what I had so it's images poor, I just wanted to participate in ship day and thank you guys in my way for all the moments I share with you, the laugh you give me with all your pics :D and everything! I'm glad to be here ....unfortunately I got to go to work but be there soon...now if someone could let me know if the music is working with the slide it could be cool ;)...don't look for a direct link between the music and the pics, it's just that I like the song :D

and thanks again to all of you who organised this ship day !!!!great job guys !!!and those who participated too

It was just beautiful! The song was great and the pictures selected for the slideshow were so shippy. Hope you make many more!

Caro
July 29th, 2005, 06:41 AM
(((((((SueKay)))))) your idea is great, and I'd jump if there were not so many people around me ;)

((((((lonelystar))))))) wow... love the slideshow, thanks for sharing !!!!!

and last but not least : welcome in the shipper family Hail Dorothy, I'm so glad you're one of us, I love your writings :D

HailDorothy
July 29th, 2005, 06:46 AM
Thanks for the welcome, Lynn, and um not to disappoint you, but WEIRD, I so relate too. ;)

Remember it's the thought that counts. :) And you done good!

Gosh! Golly! Gee! :D You love my writing, Wooooow... :o What can I say, except that really made my morning. :D Now I really wanna be writing fanfic instead of the other stuff...which I've yet to start...This is bad, really bad, I'm an hour late at starting work! Bad girl! Someone kick me outa here....just not too hard! I bruise easily.

You're all too much fun!

sueKay
July 29th, 2005, 06:50 AM
HailDorothy - I'll very sheepishly admit I've never read your fanfic, but I've saved your link!

Lynn
July 29th, 2005, 06:54 AM
Hail Dorothy - Quick question - Do you write for a living?

Catysg1
July 29th, 2005, 06:55 AM
It was just beautiful! The song was great and the pictures selected for the slideshow were so shippy. Hope you make many more!

I agree :) absolutely stunning :) it gave me shivers ..and shivers to me means Excellent :)

Well done Lonely star :) make plenty more :)

sueKay
July 29th, 2005, 06:56 AM
HailDorothy - another question - is the whole site yours...if so, then I should be saying failte to you!

girlgater
July 29th, 2005, 06:56 AM

WEST SIDE STORY!!!

Okay, I'll come clean, I'm usually in the 16 year-old mindset and occassionally I regress to a six-year old. A lot more than I should....

You could be my older sister--I'm 42, but some days I feel like I'm 16 (although I'd never say I look 16). Hanging out on this thread with teenagers is great for the outlook on life! Love your name, by the way as the Wizard of Oz is really special to me.

sueKay
July 29th, 2005, 07:00 AM
What I love in the shipper family, is that age is no object. I talk to anyone on the forum and I'm regularly surprised at the ages of people...People I think are older are and teens and vice versa.

I think it's great...I'm 17 and I talk to people of all ages and backgrounds here!

Lynn
July 29th, 2005, 07:02 AM
OK - Since we're confessing, 33 years old although today I feel like 50 (If my kids wake up any earlier they needn't bother going to bed in the first place!)

nell
July 29th, 2005, 07:03 AM

WEST SIDE STORY!!!

HailDorothy, You are among peers. I'm in your age bracket! Regression is not a bad word as long as one can go about one's RL when called upon. Ooops, RL calls. After work, I'll set up for Origins and report back to The Thread!! ;)

sueKay
July 29th, 2005, 07:05 AM
I shall be back shortly...RL calls!!!!!!!

I'll be putting up the frontpage of the shipper site soon!!!!!!!!!!!

SAM AND JACK ROCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SHIPPER FAMILY FOREVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

shipper hannah
ok i just finished my first vid (phew) its not very good, but i'll just have to leearn.. :rolleyes:
but the problem is don't have a frellin clue how to host it or whatever so it can be downloaded.. can someone pleease explain it to me? :o :S

Catysg1
(((((Suekay))) I think your idea is great .

Now my daughters have all a website ..which is free where you can upload 150 pictures ..Now if everybody was opening their own little webpage with that then we could all link our work in the main Sam and Jack website like you suggest . I am a member already but did not have the chance to do anything with it yet ..I plan to put all my collages though :) I saw my daughter's website and it looks great...it's also very easy to understand for anybody non IT expert ...you don't need any HTML code or anything like that .I don't think you can put videos ( requires too much disk space )..but we may be able to link a video website ..if not then we could link the video website in the main Sam and Jack front page .

Here is the link for anybody interested to create their free little Sam and Jack webpage :)

http://www.piczo.com/

girlgater
July 29th, 2005, 07:11 AM
HailDorothy, You are among peers. I'm in your age bracket! Regression is not a bad word as long as one can go about one's RL when called upon. Ooops, RL calls. After work, I'll set up for Origins and report back to The Thread!! ;)

See you later tonight, Nell! Remember everyone who wants to be spoiled that Jack is in tonight's episode !!

Catysg1
July 29th, 2005, 07:15 AM
ok i just finished my first vid (phew) its not very good, but i'll just have to leearn.. :rolleyes:
but the problem is don't have a frellin clue how to host it or whatever so it can be downloaded.. can someone pleease explain it to me? :o :S

Send it to me and I'll host it until you find a way to have your disk space :)

Or open a site with Angelfire ( Not free) but cheap for 1 or 2 videos ..but you need to learn a bit of HTML codes :)

try to send it to me via e-mail ( [email protected]) only if it's small ..It needs to be wmv format not Mpeg ..Mpeg too big :)

Lida
July 29th, 2005, 07:21 AM
(((((Suekay))) I think your idea is great .

Now my daughters have all a website ..which is free where you can upload 150 pictures ..Now if everybody was opening their own little webpage with that then we could all link our work in the main Sam and Jack website like you suggest . I am a member already but did not have the chance to do anything with it yet ..I plan to put all my collages though :) I saw my daughter's website and it looks great...it's also very easy to understand for anybody non IT expert ...you don't need any HTML code or anything like that .I don't think you can put videos ( requires too much disk space )..but we may be able to link a video website ..if not then we could link the video website in the main Sam and Jack front page .

Here is the link for anybody interested to create their free little Sam and Jack webpage :)

http://www.piczo.com/

Thanks for the link and the idea! Now I just need to go out a buy some NEW graphics programs and get my act in gear! ;)

Catysg1
July 29th, 2005, 07:24 AM
Thanks for the link and the idea! Now I just need to go out a buy some NEW graphics programs and get my act in gear! ;)

Hi Lida and welcome to ship family thread :)

Lida
July 29th, 2005, 07:25 AM
OK - Since we're confessing, 33 years old although today I feel like 50 (If my kids wake up any earlier they needn't bother going to bed in the first place!)

We're confessing our ages? OK, who's idea was this? Hmmmm??????

I'll only confess to being over 21.....feeling physically WAY over 21 and feeling about 18, emotionally.....ok, maybe 19. ;)

(I'm a woman and I reserve my given right to never divulge my age...I have more fun letting people guess!) :p :D

HailDorothy
July 29th, 2005, 07:26 AM
Thanks for the sweet welcome, Caro. Hope I didn't miss anyone else.

Lynn, to answer your question and for everyone's curious ;) minds. Yep, I write for a living. A dream come true! At last! I got to quit my day job! :D

Oh, failte to you too SueKay. Well, sorta as you already live here. LOL

And yep the site is mine! (Still under construction) My maiden name is Holloway. Infact. I'm what? (Scratches head) 2nd generation...my grandfather sailed from England after WW1. But my dad was born here.

I presently write historical fantasy romance. My motto is, "There's a place I visit as little as possible. Reality!"

My first novel, the first of a series, "Legend of the Emerald Rose" debuted in January 2005. If you like the King Arthurian legend, you'll like LER. I gave Aurthur and Guenevere a daughter, Emerlad Rose Rayn. And Merlin and his lover, Niamh's, a son, Shadoe un Hollo Tors. These two lovers become the origins of the Stuarts/Stewarts of Scotland.

Book 2, "Briar's Rose" debuts next summer. Hopefully. Publishers intended deadlines rarely are on time.

So I'll do some quick promo: It's available at Barnes and Noble, online too, Amazon, Family Christian Book Stores, Lemestone Books, Borders, etc. Even Ebay now!

And I confess, I've a novel proposal at Fandi (for Stargate) still under consideration from last fall. And I thought my editors were slow.l Are there anymore like me in the same situation with Fandimonium?

Okay enough babbling on my end.

I'm just praising God that He's given me this opportunity to finally earn money, (yet to be seen and thankfully I've a wonderful supportive husband ) doing what I love to do most. Write!

HailDorothy aka Linda Wichman

Somewhere, sometime, someone wrote: "Legend begins where truth ends. . . .Or is it the other way around?"

January 2005: Legend Of The Emerald Rose - Linda Wichman - Kregel Publications

PS: Does this posting program have spell check! If not I'm sunk. :eek:

Ayiana
July 29th, 2005, 07:29 AM
I'll be putting up the frontpage of the shipper site soon!!!!!!!!!!!

I went to your new site. Gorgeous Stargate image on the home page! Some of your links are off though, and worst of all, I can't get to your stories. :(

The "stories" link takes you to the "about you" page (Celtic Civilization sounds like an fascinating study subject), and the "news" and "links" links take you to the cjb hosting service page. I'm guessing this is because you're still working on things?

HailDorothy
July 29th, 2005, 07:38 AM
You could be my older sister--I'm 42, but some days I feel like I'm 16 (although I'd never say I look 16). Hanging out on this thread with teenagers is great for the outlook on life! Love your name, by the way as the Wizard of Oz is really special to me.
I hope I'm quoting you, Girlgater, and not myself. LOL

TWoW....um, did anyone notice how the initials for The Wizard of Oz and Window of Opportunity are almost the same? See what happens, when I overload on Stargate?

Anyways, I digress. I love The Wizard of Oz too. For very personal reasons, I relate to Dorothy and her close relationship with Scarecrow reminds me of her and Jack. So when Jack called Sam, "Dorothy," and then his, "Hail Dorothy" line in SETH, I claimed it. LOL

That's my story and I'm sticking too it! Gosh, now I sound like Caty. VBG

girlgater
July 29th, 2005, 07:48 AM
I hope I'm quoting you, Girlgater, and not myself. LOL

TWoW....um, did anyone notice how the initials for The Wizard of Oz and Window of Opportunity are almost the same? See what happens, when I overload on Stargate?

Anyways, I digress. I love The Wizard of Oz too. For very personal reasons, I relate to Dorothy and her close relationship with Scarecrow reminds me of her and Jack. So when Jack called Sam, "Dorothy," and then his, "Hail Dorothy" line in SETH, I claimed it. LOL

That's my story and I'm sticking too it! Gosh, now I sound like Caty. VBG

Wow...I'll be spending weeks on your site reading. Thanks for sharing!

HailDorothy
July 29th, 2005, 07:55 AM
Um, sorry, Lida, I'm deserve twenty lashes for starting the whole age discussion thingy.

However being over 50 I've decided I no longer care ....even if "I AM WOMAN, HEAR ME ROAR!" that I've earned everyone of these beauty bulges, wrinkles, laugh-lines (if you're of the sensitive nature) and this double chin. :eek: Well, that I didn't deserve to earn. :o Too many Godiva chocolates!

Besides, I'm married to Sean Connery! So what do I care! At least I've got hair!

NOt really but my Sean look-alike (Gary) does have plenty of salt and pepper hair like Jack.

I am so off my daily word count....and counting....YOU GUYS ARE ADDICTIVE!

gatewatcher
July 29th, 2005, 08:05 AM
hello shipper family
I'm so sorry and bummed, i didn't make it yesterday...................life is in full swing!!!!
soccer, band and driver's ed...........good thing I'm off in the summer!!! (LOL)
anyway...............lonely star, I loved the clip video!!!!!!!!!!! great job!! I will try to catch up on the th read later... I saved it to my faves. off to a band competition in Muncie with all the kiddos. Have great day............
Long live Jack and Sam good thing I have a VCR for taping tonight's ep since RDA will be on it ( woo hoo!) until later...............

trupi
July 29th, 2005, 08:11 AM
Um, sorry, Lida, I'm deserve twenty lashes for starting the whole age discussion thingy.

However being over 50 I've decided I no longer care ....even if "I AM WOMAN, HEAR ME ROAR!" that I've earned everyone of these beauty bulges, wrinkles, laugh-lines (if you're of the sensitive nature) and this double chin. :eek: Well, that I didn't deserve to earn. :o Too many Godiva chocolates!

Besides, I'm married to Sean Connery! So what do I care! At least I've got hair!

NOt really but my Sean look-alike (Gary) does have plenty of salt and pepper hair like Jack.

I am so off my daily word count....and counting....YOU GUYS ARE ADDICTIVE!
Hi-HailDorothy- I'm 45. I think there is a lot of us mature ladies in the fandom. Believe me CJ and BB are nice to look at, but my taste runs for RDA mature types. He leaves and they give us Beau Bridges. Don't get me wrong I like Beau he is a great actor but he is not Jeff! Don't the TPTB realize ther are woman with mature taste(Sean, Jeff,,Ford,McQuaid) and though we may like to drull over that new guy who is coming to Atlantis, I want someone I can relate too. Not make me feel like I'm over the hill. Do you know what I mean? ( If you listen to CJ, MS they are young roosters-Ha)

rolleson
July 29th, 2005, 08:19 AM

I'm 23 going on 53.

I like this thread. :)

shipper hannah
July 29th, 2005, 08:27 AM
welcome to the thread alittletoolate

HailDorothy
July 29th, 2005, 08:33 AM
Hi, Trupi, Ahh, a woman after my own heart! Yeah, I suspect that TPTB are out to attract a younger crowd. Which I understand, but they are also jepordizing what I suspect is their majority age attraction. We, mature women!

I agree they need someone on the show that is RDA's age and a hunk. Beau is so not Jeff! Odd, don't you think, even though I liked Don D. that Rick was the only good looking commander of the SGC?

Maybe I'm prejudice? Ya think? ;)

Like you said why not someone like Ford, McQuaid, etc.?

And CJ and MS are very young roosters. Don't get me wrong, they're cute but I've always been attracted to older guys. My husband is six years my senior, even older than Rick and I think, not just coz I'm married to him, ;) but other women tell me, he's a very sexy looking guy for 58. (he takes far better care of himself than I do) Men do get better with age!

Oh, well, I can't wait until this evening so I can tape Jack. It will have to last me awhile. LOL

It is so great to meet you here! I know I'm going to be around along time!

HailDorothy
July 29th, 2005, 08:39 AM
I'm 23 going on 53.

I like this thread. :)
See, Alittletoolate, it's just a matter of number flipping. LOL The older we get the better we get at flipping those digits.

Failte! Welcome!

sueKay
July 29th, 2005, 08:42 AM
WELCOME ALITTLETOOLATE!!!!!!!!

Hail Dorothy - If you're interested in Arthurian Lergend (and not any of this stuff that was in ther latest SG1 eps), you may have heard of a town called Dumbarton (Dun-Breaitainn in Gaelic). The name of my area in the time of the Arthurian legends was Alclutha. One legend says that King Arthur had a palace in Dunbarton (probably on Dunbarton Rock), and that it may have been Avalon.

I've found another reason to hate season nine...I quite like believing that Avalon is on my doorstep!

sueKay
July 29th, 2005, 08:44 AM
QUICK NOTICE

THIS THREAD IS MEANT TO BE SAM/JACK DISCUSSION (with a little fluff)

WE ARE DIVERGING TOO FAR OFF TOPIC (i'm guilty too!)

Please make some on-topic posts...we've gotten into trouble for this before.

Thankyou

and back to your shipping!

sueKay
July 29th, 2005, 09:14 AM
Where's everyone gone?????

i didn't mean for everyone to stop chatting...just to keep on topic

Come back! I'm sorry :(

gatebee
July 29th, 2005, 09:15 AM
WELCOME ALITTLETOOLATE & HAIL DOROTHY
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v205/FilBrit1/shand.jpg
Sam: Oh, Jack I miss you so much.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v205/FilBrit1/jhair.jpg
Jack: Sam, I wonder what she is doing right now.

rolleson
July 29th, 2005, 09:25 AM
RDA is so fit.

I've always loved older guys. I always thought that it if nothing else, on a completely shallow level, Sam and Jack look good together. They make for teh pretty couple. It helps that I absolutly adore blondes too. AT is so beautiful is hurts and together, it makes my brain go a little funny (which isn't hard to do).

As Helen LoveJoy would cry

"God won't somebody think of the children."

I find it's always easier to think of the pretty, the shallow on my brain, because, don't get me wrong, I don't usually watch tv to challenge me or educate me, I read for that. I watch tv for the pretty at first. Then I keep watching a certain programme because it's good, cause after a while the pretty isn't enough and SG-1 was always enough for me (I've been through so many obsessions/ships). Sam and Jack is a nice long lasting pretty ship and boy I'm rambling.

Farscape was very pretty, but after a while it got weird and confusing.

Anyway, I'll just go and skulk in my little corner.

Excuse typos, I've been on the computer too long today. Which might explain the rambling but I'll blame that on beer and sleep.

HailDorothy
July 29th, 2005, 09:26 AM
Where's everyone gone?????

i didn't mean for everyone to stop chatting...just to keep on topic

Come back! I'm sorry :(
I'm here! Just wrote you a private msg and then my pc ate it. Hope it's done snacking! Now I get to start over. Oh, well...it's Friday!

PS Am looking at your Website now. Wow!!! Great job!

And thank you GateBee for the sweet welcome!

Staying on topic I am the only one dreaming that Jack will mention Sam in this evening's ep?

sueKay
July 29th, 2005, 09:34 AM
Sorry if I scared anyone off!!!!!

ALITTLETOOLATE - AWESOME SITE!!!!!!

Seriously...everyone check out her site...It's great!!!!!!!

Alittletoolate - I'll pm you in a second
halidorothy - I hate it when that happens...ivbulletin's bad for deleting posts and messages.

Anywho...I'm going to be adding my fics to my site later today, as well as my graphics!

rolleson
July 29th, 2005, 09:35 AM
Thanx, it's nothing special. I just have too much time on my hands maybe.

rolleson
July 29th, 2005, 09:36 AM
Thanks for the welcomes

This isn't very good as I rushed it.

http://escapingreality.net/bluejello/images/samjackblueb.png

gatebee
July 29th, 2005, 09:39 AM
Good morning Shipper Twon!

Oh it's good to be back in the shipper vibe :D:D

Anywhos...I have an idea that I think people will like...

A SHIPPER FAMILY WEBSITE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What I want to do, is trawl through the archive (the ENTIRE archive)...

Find EVER single link that still works

Get permission off of all of our graphics people,

And stick it altogether in a website!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WHAT DOES EVERYONE THINK?????
SueKay, great idea. yoohoo Sam and Jack Shipper Family website.

gatebee
July 29th, 2005, 09:49 AM

That was very good, very shippy. If I could do half as good as that , I would be happy. Thank you for sharing your time and talent.

gatebee
July 29th, 2005, 09:53 AM
Oh...

3100 posts!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
CONGRATULATIONS SUEKAY 3100 POST
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v205/FilBrit1/sg1/7272678c.jpg

girlgater
July 29th, 2005, 09:57 AM
I'm here! Just wrote you a private msg and then my pc ate it. Hope it's done snacking! Now I get to start over. Oh, well...it's Friday!

PS Am looking at your Website now. Wow!!! Great job!

And thank you GateBee for the sweet welcome!

Staying on topic I am the only one dreaming that Jack will mention Sam in this evening's ep?

I'm very anxious for tonight as I realize that we will get very little of Jack this season. I'm also hoping that once Sam comes back, we'll get a tidbit of Jack as well. ;) Here's to keeping the dream alive!

girlgater
July 29th, 2005, 09:58 AM
Thanks for the welcomes

This isn't very good as I rushed it.

Love the colors!

gatebee
July 29th, 2005, 10:02 AM
got to go RL calls
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v205/FilBrit1/3f6510d6.jpg
pic fr Mala

Lynn
July 29th, 2005, 10:32 AM
Didn't mean to disappear so long - went to the Doctor as off work sick and got a very long lecture about my blood pressure being WAY too high. Almost blamed it on TPTB but I didn't think she would understand :-)

Anyway glad she's given me medication for it cos if we don't get any kind of Jack/Sam explanations tonight I'm going to be a tad bit mad. I hope the TPTB were in a nice mood when they wrote this ep and we get some shippy answers that we'll all like!!!

sueKay
July 29th, 2005, 10:36 AM
(((((((Lynn))))))))

Chill!

I'm not even bothered about tonight apart from This is the night we say goodbye to Jack! It's so sad

florence
July 29th, 2005, 10:49 AM
Just a quick post before Reckoning begins on (french) TV !

Lonely_star, I've just watched your vid (I couldn't dl it though...) and it's really great ! I love it and the music is beautiful ! :D

Welcome in the Shipper Family HailDorothy and alittletoolate ! I hope you'll have as much fun as I've had since I've joined this forum ! :D

trupi
July 29th, 2005, 11:14 AM
Didn't mean to disappear so long - went to the Doctor as off work sick and got a very long lecture about my blood pressure being WAY too high. Almost blamed it on TPTB but I didn't think she would understand :-)

Anyway glad she's given me medication for it cos if we don't get any kind of Jack/Sam explanations tonight I'm going to be a tad bit mad. I hope the TPTB were in a nice mood when they wrote this ep and we get some shippy answers that we'll all like!!!
Can you image your Doctor's face if you blame your blood pressure on Stargate and the way the ship is being written. The H--- with the blood pressure medicine, she would have put you on prozac! :p :p :p :p :p :p :p

Somnium
July 29th, 2005, 11:19 AM
Oh my god (of the non Goauld variety) I cant belive I missed shipper day :( . Damn reality gets in the way of all my fun.

On the plus side hello to all the newbies :) *waves*

HailDorothy Im a huge fan Ive read all of your Sam/Jack fics and had huge withdrawl symptoms when I finished reading them. Hopefully there'll be some more along soon :D

Wow this could turn into a full time job keeping up with you guys the posts are so many.

Anyway heres looking forward to even the meerest smidgen of ship in tonights ep.

Daniel's_twin
July 29th, 2005, 11:36 AM
Wow this could turn into a full time job keeping up with you guys the posts are so many.

You got that right. :D :D :cool:

lonely_star
July 29th, 2005, 12:06 PM
lonely Star - I didn't know you had a website...where is it????

well...yeah...I didn't know either!! :D :D

I think what caty wanted to say is wich creapy site did you use to host your thingy...so here it is :

see it here (http://www.putfile.com/media.php?n=shipday_2005)

dowload it here (http://s8.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=1KGF3K7N0L1XW241YGHRP0B973)

but this second link won't be available too long...any idea where I can put it so it doesn't disappear after a certain lenght or several dowloads ??? any idea?? I'd like to keep it on the net until the next one ;)

lonely_star
July 29th, 2005, 12:15 PM
SueKay, did you say Su Fruend??? Haven't spoken with her in awhile, but we're buds! Small world! And yep, you've converted another shipper to the family! LOL

Hugs!

wohooooooooooooooo houra !!! YAY !! an other shipper !!WELCOME !!!!!!great job SueKay !! bring more !!! :) :D

good job on the post number too !! and caty too !! we shouldn't count anymore !!! :p

oh ! you know what ? my ship day celebration is not over yet ! I just received the two boxsets I have bought on amazon !!! so I'll be watching season 4 and 6 instead of writing my memoire !! you think I could sum up the ship history to my professor instead of my internship report ?? :D :p

Queen Eleta
July 29th, 2005, 12:25 PM
Hi, Trupi, Ahh, a woman after my own heart! Yeah, I suspect that TPTB are out to attract a younger crowd. Which I understand, but they are also jepordizing what I suspect is their majority age attraction. We, mature women!

I agree they need someone on the show that is RDA's age and a hunk. Beau is so not Jeff! Odd, don't you think, even though I liked Don D. that Rick was the only good looking commander of the SGC?

Maybe I'm prejudice? Ya think? ;)

Like you said why not someone like Ford, McQuaid, etc.?

And CJ and MS are very young roosters. Don't get me wrong, they're cute but I've always been attracted to older guys. My husband is six years my senior, even older than Rick and I think, not just coz I'm married to him, ;) but other women tell me, he's a very sexy looking guy for 58. (he takes far better care of himself than I do) Men do get better with age!

Oh, well, I can't wait until this evening so I can tape Jack. It will have to last me awhile. LOL

It is so great to meet you here! I know I'm going to be around along time!

I am 35 myself and I think that BB and MS are too young for me. I have always been attracted to older men, my crush on RDA is 20 years and going strong!! I used to worry my mom because of my preferrences, but when I was sixteen I told her, " Yes, I like older men, but I wouldn't want to be with someone of that age who wanted to be with someone of my age." I think she was surprised that I ended up with someone only five years older than myself. He's not a lookalike for anybody, just his own gorgeous self. He's not as self-conscious about going gray anymore though, since he has noticed the way I look at RDA. :D

Queen Eleta
July 29th, 2005, 12:30 PM
Ummm. to Make up for my last post being off topic.

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a367/queeneleta/HeroesII_012.jpg
http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a367/queeneleta/HeroesII_028.jpg

lonely_star
July 29th, 2005, 12:38 PM
Ummm. to Make up for my last post being off topic.

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a367/queeneleta/HeroesII_012.jpghttp://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a367/queeneleta/HeroesII_028.jpg

well...if you post such pics when you write off topic posts, I have nothing against it!!! go girl !!!! :D :D

ALITTLETOOLATE WELCOME !!! have fun and post a lot !!

thank you guys for the comments about the slide show, I'm surprised cause I didn't spend long on it ...maybe my studies in cinema are worth it :)
Now that I have the boxsets of season 4 and 6 I'll probably try to make a vid or others slide...we should celebrate ship day more often :rolleyes:

finger crossed for tonite's episode (in the US cause here it's reckoning and it's kinda d駛a vu !! :( )

go to go and read the entire ship day thread.... :S :S see ya guys later and have fun posting !!!

sueKay
July 29th, 2005, 12:48 PM
Queen Eleta - you say BB's too young for you, yet he's in his forties!

And I think MS is the same age as you or slightly older.

But yeah...RDA's the hottest, and that's who the Genius of the SGC (Sam) likes as well!

Gatetrixer
July 29th, 2005, 12:57 PM

But yeah...RDA's the hottest, and that's who the Genius of the SGC (Sam) likes as well!

MS is 35, or as he once said in an interview, 20 years younger than RDA.

Gatetrixer
July 29th, 2005, 01:15 PM
I hope I can ask this, in reference to attractive older guys. I ended my watching of Atlantis after Siege 2 & do not plan to resume. In Siege 2, a character I think was called Col. Everett, was, I thought, kinda attractive, graying hair and all that. Did he die or is he still there? They seem to have had a habit of killing off the older officers on Atlantis,or at least they killed off one at the beginning. Sorry, OT, but....

trupi
July 29th, 2005, 01:37 PM
I hope I can ask this, in reference to attractive older guys. I ended my watching of Atlantis after Siege 2 & do not plan to resume. In Siege 2, a character I think was called Col. Everett, was, I thought, kinda attractive, graying hair and all that. Did he die or is he still there? They seem to have had a habit of killing off the older officers on Atlantis,or at least they killed off one at the beginning. Sorry, OT, but....
Dead! Sorry :(

gatebee
July 29th, 2005, 02:23 PM
Oh my god (of the non Goauld variety) I cant belive I missed shipper day :( . Damn reality gets in the way of all my fun.

On the plus side hello to all the newbies :) *waves*

HailDorothy Im a huge fan Ive read all of your Sam/Jack fics and had huge withdrawl symptoms when I finished reading them. Hopefully there'll be some more along soon :D

Anyway heres looking forward to even the meerest smidgen of ship in tonights ep.
gee this is my full time job ... shipping for Sam and Jack then on the other side thunking for Jack..... RL is but a mere hobby. .... mwahahaha

mishy_mo
July 29th, 2005, 02:36 PM
hello - not been here in a wee while

Did i miss a par-tay yesterday?

Anyway just thot i'd pop in and see how the familly is now that the computer has decided to work

so that's it another year of shipping past - i'd like to say that we're older and wiser, but really i can't comment on the wiser part - and what a year it has been

We've been through a lot when it comes to shipping - affinity - and a little more with the family - but i'd like to think we got there in the end

at least it's good to see that some things dont change - like sueKay drooling over her Jack clone over here and lots of great manips for shippers to feast thier eyes on!

Speaking of feasts where have all the cookies gone? Or am i just showing my shipper-age?

any way
nice to be back - Mishy

galaxy
July 29th, 2005, 02:59 PM
Wow, it's really quiet here today.
Guess we all have a serious hangover... :D

I just looked at the pics for today's ep once again and I'm really sad now. :(
Especially that line:Daniel Jackson (Michael Shanks) considers a future for the SG-1 team without General Jack O'Neill (Richard Dean Anderson) makes me want to cry.
I know we've said that already a hundred times, but I can't tell you how much I will miss him. It's still hard to imagine Stargate without him....I'm sorry, I know that's not really on-topic, but I just had the urge to say that once again. Hope that's okay. :o

To say something on-topic: I don't really expect anything shippy in this ep, but on the pic it looks like Jack and Daniel have something like a heart-to-heart talk and the line under the pic implies that they are talking about the future of SG1 and about Jack leaving the SGC etc.

So here is hope that they will say something that gives us more information about why he leaves and about what he is planning to do now (and especially with whom :D ).
And I really want them to say something about the team and the past years....something like:
"what a great time we had" LOL :D
Well, maybe not with these clumsy words, but you know what I mean.
Something that doesn't make me feel as if Jack just disappears, SG-1 is history from now one and everything is great.
I mean they were (/are) not only a team, but friends....more than that, so I hope for a scene that shows their wonderful relationship.

Sorry for the rant... :)

Oh here is the link to the pic, just in case anyone has no clue what I'm talking about:

SPOILER:

http://www.gateworld.net/sg1/s9/graphics/903_10.shtml

galaxy
July 29th, 2005, 03:07 PM
hello - not been here in a wee while

Did i miss a par-tay yesterday?

Anyway just thot i'd pop in and see how the familly is now that the computer has decided to work

so that's it another year of shipping past - i'd like to say that we're older and wiser, but really i can't comment on the wiser part - and what a year it has been

We've been through a lot when it comes to shipping - affinity - and a little more with the family - but i'd like to think we got there in the end

at least it's good to see that some things dont change - like sueKay drooling over her Jack clone over here and lots of great manips for shippers to feast thier eyes on!

Speaking of feasts where have all the cookies gone? Or am i just showing my shipper-age?

any way
nice to be back - Mishy

*wave*

WELCOME BACK!!!!!!!! :D :D :D

The ship-day party was great! There were plenty of shipper cookies! :p

It's so great to have you back with us! YAY!!!

((((((Mishy))))))

mishy_mo
July 29th, 2005, 03:20 PM
Where'd every body go ?

Thanks for the welcome galaxy!

trupi
July 29th, 2005, 03:21 PM
*wave*

WELCOME BACK!!!!!!!! :D :D :D

The ship-day party was great! There were plenty of shipper cookies! :p

It's so great to have you back with us! YAY!!!

((((((Mishy))))))

Hi-Mishy-Mo (welcome back) and Galaxy. Been pretty quiet today on the thread. It should heat-up in about a 1hr 1/2 . I'm going out and told my kids to tape the show. Not excited about tonight, because I don't expect anything good. Surprise me TPTB! Make me a believer again because you are losing me fast. However, we have each other's creativity to keep the ship going! That I can bet on without doubt!

trupi
July 29th, 2005, 03:28 PM
Something to think about to get the thread going. I watched Entity today. Do you think Peter DeLuise was trying to show why the Sam and Jacks relationship can't happen or that he was just showing ship in the episode and going nowhere with it?

Dani76
July 29th, 2005, 03:37 PM
hey family!! I fighted but I did it !! my little thing is done!!

I just watched Lonely's vid again and I gotta say, it almost hurts shipping today, knowing that there won't be any Sam/Jack "action" tonight on TV. I think I'll curl up with "Threads" before Origin starts. :( :)

mishy_mo
July 29th, 2005, 03:42 PM
i dunno those pesky PTB are always up to something - i think PDL has always had his head screwed on (even if a little backwards - see season 7 extras) and always been aware of the presance of the ship (a BIG HONKING one in my opinion) i think it showed that there is deffinately something in under the surface - but also that if the situation doen't change then this is how it's always gonna be with the job coming first or getting in the way

also the posibility of such a relationship deffinately being a weakness was explored as it was the fact that he delayed before doing his duty - but still it didn'd get in the way of that now did it

The fact that hammond knew something was going was also hinted - so yeah a lot of shippy undertones in that ep

melpomene
July 29th, 2005, 03:43 PM
Hi everybody. So many people said nice things to me, welcoming me back, giving me green, saying they still remembered who I was... It made me feel guilty and miss the ship family even more!

I'm glad to see you're here Dani :) Have they told you about Shipper Penguins yet?

Catysg1
July 29th, 2005, 03:43 PM

Marc Harmon from NCIS is not bad looking either and I find him pretty hot too ..He has grey hair but such a lovely face ...and very sexy :)

Dani76
July 29th, 2005, 03:46 PM
Hi everybody. So many people said nice things to me, welcoming me back, giving me green, saying they still remembered who I was... It made me feel guilty and miss the ship family even more!

I'm glad to see you're here Dani :) Have they told you about Shipper Penguins yet?

Nope, tell me more and fill me in, Melpomene! :)

Uber
July 29th, 2005, 03:46 PM
Where have I been? I posted on the Sam Thread what happened to me and why I've been gone all week...and if you've been there, then you really feel my pain.

Okay...I don't want to get my hopes up...nor would I want to get the hopes up of my shipper fam, but we didn't know that Sam would make an appearance in Avalon 1...so who's to say we might not see a similar situation tonight? That'd be super and a neat surprise too.

I could be wrong but it would help me considerably if it did...

I'm just sayin'...

:cool:

melpomene
July 29th, 2005, 03:49 PM
Marc Harmon from NCIS is not bad looking either and I find him pretty hot too ..He has grey hair but such a lovely face ...and very sexy :)

Rick Dean was 36 when I was born. I fell for Mac when I was about 15. I had to grow up a bit...(15 and 1/2 or 16)...before I thunked Jack ;)

Dani76
July 29th, 2005, 03:53 PM
Where have I been? I posted on the Sam Thread what happened to me and why I've been gone all week...and if you've been there, then you really feel my pain.

Okay...I don't want to get my hopes up...nor would I want to get the hopes up of my shipper fam, but we didn't know that Sam would make an appearance in Avalon 1...so who's to say we might not see a similar situation tonight? That'd be super and a neat surprise too.

I'm just sayin'...

I totally agree, ワber! I felt the same way about Sam's appearance in Avalon 1, I almost jumped in my seat the first time.. Let's just keep our fingures crossed. ;)

trupi
July 29th, 2005, 03:59 PM

I'm just sayin'...

The same thing happen to me in the beginning July. Blew all my phone lines out! Still have one line down. But thank G-- it left my computer alone. I hope tonight we'll get a surprises to make our mouths drop open but don't expect it.

melpomene
July 29th, 2005, 03:59 PM
Nope, tell me more and fill me in, Melpomene! :)

Shipper penguin are the official animal of ship. They live in antarctica you see. They've been shipping since Sam and Jack spent the night there in Solitudes. *I think they're even more shippy after Lost City and seeing Sam's face...* Anyway, if TPTB ever get really off base *giving Sam boyfriends and such* The penguins picket, and even volunteer to be catapaulted at TPTB as a protest. Which is what started the talk of "Flaming Shipper Penguins" I think I have a manip of Mala's about shipper penguins I can post here. Let me go see...

melpomene
July 29th, 2005, 04:03 PM
Here Dani.

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a61/melpomenemuseoftragedy/KullPengArmy.jpg

Now I THINK this is Mala's. But please someone tell me if I'm wrong. I've been away from Shippertown for a long time *hangs head in shame* And I've forgotten a few things...

Catysg1
July 29th, 2005, 04:04 PM
I'm very anxious for tonight as I realize that we will get very little of Jack this season. I'm also hoping that once Sam comes back, we'll get a tidbit of Jack as well. ;) Here's to keeping the dream alive!

I think we'll need to get very lucky to keep that dream alive :S I don't see it coming anytime soon ..I really do believe that naughty TPTB has put Sam and Jack ship on the back burner or buried in a box and it will only be re-opened right at the end of the show .
With no Sam and RDA on screen for another few weeks ..zero mention will be made and once Sam comes back . well to me it's pretty clear that after what she said in "Avalon1" ..."I have my reasons for wanting this job" that TPTB is gonna mess around with the shippers big time ..and slap them in the face many times until the point that most of them will be sick of either the ship or even the show itself specially if they throw the other Daniel/ Vala ship right in their face from the very beginning of their relationship .

It really makes me sick just thinking about it ..may be not as sick as going and see Johnny deep in wonka and the chocolate factory but very close ...and I love Johnny deep ...but burk for his character or how TPTB made him in that movie .

Now for me the Sam and Jack ship has ended with Threads ..and I have my own shippy little end story that I will keep next to my heart ...It's a shame what TPTB sg1 has done to a wonderful ship as it was from season 1 to season 6 ..They have destroyed any normal human feelings to the extent of unbelievable . ..They even separated Sam and Jack as much as they could in season 7 and 8 ..and they must be so glad that they won't be on screen together again :(

I don't know why ..It's just nonsense and plain mean to the fanbase and the casual viewers must be even more confused than we are !!! I do believe that most of them will give up watching the show because of that nonsence in human relationship ..and continuity ...and they probably will do the same with SGA like I did when I realised the love triangle of the show ..plain stupid on their behalf :rolleyes:

and just to add ..it really ruins the love for the sci-fi show itself when something like that gets on your nerves .
I also think most stories in season 7 and 8 SG1 were rushed and really bad ...and the action was going down hill which made the show a bit pathetic and boring .

I remember the day when I used to love SG1 specially episodes like the Tokra episodes ....Jolinar ...devil you know ..ect ...great storyline ..For me season 7 and 8 measure up to nothing ...the creative ideas for the stories were poor and plot holes everywhere .

Dani76
July 29th, 2005, 04:10 PM
Here Dani.

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a61/melpomenemuseoftragedy/KullPengArmy.jpg

Now I THINK this is Mala's. But please someone tell me if I'm wrong. I've been away from Shippertown for a long time *hangs head in shame* And I've forgotten a few things...

Thanks for filling me in. This is too cool. :D

mishy_mo
July 29th, 2005, 04:12 PM
Rick Dean was 36 when I was born. I fell for Mac when I was about 15. I had to grow up a bit...(15 and 1/2 or 16)...before I thunked Jack ;)

I'm in the same sort of boat i've been thunking RDA since i was 15 too!!!

If i could make up for my ot'ness with a shippy pic i would but i can only seem to find RDApic at the mo!

Catysg1
July 29th, 2005, 04:24 PM

I don't know how old Marc harmon is but he looks extremely dishy ...He looks younger than 50 ..if he is older than 50 ..then he is extremely well preserved and I love the clothes he wears in NCIS and the way he walks ...ever so sexy . :D

He had this sexy scene with that girl in his basement today by his sailing boat that he is building ...and he was so yummy there :) I think he is sexier than Jack ..the way he looks at a woman he really likes is out of this world . ;) I was mesmerized by his way of seducing a woman tonight on NCIS ...wow :) Absolutely fabulous ....I would go weak in the knees if he was near me I think ;)

melpomene
July 29th, 2005, 04:25 PM

If i could make up for my ot'ness with a shippy pic i would but i can only seem to find RDApic at the mo!

I love reruns. Up late one night watching TV Land, and here is this show I'd never heard of. MacGyver. Funny name, what is that? My mom said my uncle used to watch it. The same uncle who watched The Rockford Files. Well, the Rockford Files weren't that bad right? So what did I have to lose? AIEEEEEEE!!!

Um, want to meet at the RDA/Jack thunk thread and continue this conversation? This OT is getting much longer than I'd planned :o

To be on topic. SAM and JACK ROCK!!! Okay, that was lame, even by my standards. Ok, better excuse for making this post on topic...What? I'm having trouble finding something shippy to say? This cannot be! Oh girls, in sooth I have been away too long. But I have not forsaken the ship path. I can still remember the day I saw D&C the first time...I was a puddle of mush. You know, I think Point of View was my first ship realization. I love that ep!

mishy_mo
July 29th, 2005, 04:27 PM
Thanks for filling me in. This is too cool. :D

i quite agree Ab Fab !!! well done to Mala (even if it ain't her's she's doent really great stuff ) and just incase and big well done and shipper hug for

((((((((((EVERYONE))))))))))) :) :) :p

[oo to much coffee methinks!]

melpomene
July 29th, 2005, 04:28 PM
I don't know how old Marc harmon is but he looks extremely dishy ...He looks younger than 50 ..if he is older than 50 ..then he is extremely well preserved and I love the clothes he wears in NCIS and the way he walks ...ever so sexy . :D

He had this sexy scene with that girl in his basement today by his sailing boat that he is building ...and he was so yummy there :) I think he is sexier than Jack ..the way he looks at a woman he really likes is out of this world . ;) I was mesmerized by his way of seducing a woman tonight on NCIS ...wow :) Absolutely fabulous ....I would go weak in the knees if he was near me I think ;)

Sorry Caty, you know I worship you, but NOBODY is sexier than Jack. Maybe he doesn't show it as much, to as many women, but when he loves you...He'd kill, die, suffer and bleed for you. And he does it all with this powerful intensity, and yet you know there's a playfulness underneath it all, waiting for the right moment...

Catysg1
July 29th, 2005, 04:32 PM
Isn't he good looking or what ?!!

Marc Harmon :)

http://www.angelfire.com/space2/sci-fi/Marc_HARMON.jpg

I think I'm going weak in the knees right now :D :) ;)

galaxy
July 29th, 2005, 04:32 PM

I used to watch McGyver when I was a kid, because my grand-aunt liked it so much and watched it regulary.
He was my hero, I loved him, but not in *that* way of course. :p
I don't know when I started with the thunking....I think I was 13, but it was more innocent back then....LOL
Well times change. :D

melpomene
July 29th, 2005, 04:36 PM
According to a quick search Mark Harmon was born in Sep. '51
And I just KNOW Sam would agree *totally impartially of course ;)* that Jack is HOTTER!!! :D

mishy_mo
July 29th, 2005, 04:41 PM
<snip>

To be on topic. SAM and JACK ROCK!!! Okay, that was lame, even by my standards. Ok, better excuse for making this post on topic...What? I'm having trouble finding something shippy to say? This cannot be! Oh girls, in sooth I have been away too long. But I have not forsaken the ship path. I can still remember the day I saw D&C the first time...I was a puddle of mush. You know, I think Point of View was my first ship realization. I love that ep!

oh my god nothing shippy to say !! - yeah i know how that feels - kinda like a christian that doesn't go to church or read the bible (Don't tell me how it ends!)

hee hee :D :D

trupi
July 29th, 2005, 04:43 PM
Shipper penguin are the official animal of ship. They live in antarctica you see. They've been shipping since Sam and Jack spent the night there in Solitudes. *I think they're even more shippy after Lost City and seeing Sam's face...* Anyway, if TPTB ever get really off base *giving Sam boyfriends and such* The penguins picket, and even volunteer to be catapaulted at TPTB as a protest. Which is what started the talk of "Flaming Shipper Penguins" I think I have a manip of Mala's about shipper penguins I can post here. Let me go see...
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b124/trupi/PenguinCouple.gif
Jack and Sam O'Neill Penguins

melpomene
July 29th, 2005, 04:43 PM
Isn't he good looking or what ?!!

Marc Harmon :)

http://www.angelfire.com/space2/sci-fi/Marc_HARMON.jpg

I think I'm going weak in the knees right now :D :) ;)

Okay, he looks better in scruff than in the pic I saw. But not even close to RDA. *I'd also take Aragorn, Han Solo, and at least two or three Russell Crowe characters first, but that's another story...*

Catysg1
July 29th, 2005, 04:44 PM
According to a quick search Mark Harmon was born in Sep. '51
And I just KNOW Sam would agree *totally impartially of course ;)* that Jack is HOTTER!!! :D

WOW so that makes him 53 /54 ..he is so hot and fit I can't even believe my eyes ...I 'll try to find a pic of him with his grey hair ...he is beautiful as a god ..and so sexy ..I'm sure Sam will agree with me but of course she is in love with Jack ..Therefore marc Harmon is for me ;)

Token
July 29th, 2005, 04:45 PM
http://bestsmileys.com/welcome/9.gif

alittletoolate!!
It's never too late to ship for Sam and Jack! ;)

Glad to see you back, HailDorthy!! And, Mishy, it's good to have to back as well! Mel, don't be a stranger because you know your Family loves you!

My satellite signal is down right now because of storms!! :eek: :eek: Fifteen minutes and that storm better be gone!!!! ACK!! I'm just thankful there is a 10pm rerun! I can't miss Jack!!! I know that is a crime. It has to be! :p

I still recovering and basking in the glow of Ship Day!!! Ahh...It's so nice to be part of this Family!!! ((Shipper Family))

galaxy
July 29th, 2005, 04:45 PM
I think he is sexier than Jack

:eek:

BLASPHEMY!!!!!!

;)

galaxy
July 29th, 2005, 04:52 PM
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b124/trupi/PenguinCouple.gif
Jack and Sam O'Neill Penguins

Wow....that's the worst outfit Sam ever wore.

:p

rolleson
July 29th, 2005, 04:53 PM
The penguins are a little scary.

Jack is fit, I always found McGyvers hair a bit off putting.

Dani76
July 29th, 2005, 04:59 PM
It's time for "Origin". Gotta go. :)

nell
July 29th, 2005, 04:59 PM
I'm sooooo confused! :S I'm not complaining, mind you. Yes, I think Mark Harmon is hot. :p Why didn't I know about NCIS. But, don't ask me to choose between Jack and Leroy! BTW, isn't this the Sam and Jack Ship Thread???!!! :eek:

While I was setting up my tape for Origins, I saw a Comcast commercial with Ambassador Joe as the spokesman. You know, Sam's ex from 2010!!

Gotta go! I'll be back after Origins. I hope I'm smilin'. ;)

majorsal
July 29th, 2005, 05:01 PM
Thanks anyway, but I wouldn't want to risk running to JM. I'll just stick it out here and know that things'll be back to normal tomorrow.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v453/Buc252/MondayMT.bmp

I'd like to see a scene like this, only, obviously, with Sam and Jack. I just love to see a woman caring for her man. <g>

(i can't rep you)

we missed you, mary, on the annual ship day festivities. but i'm glad you followed your heart.

(((mary)))

majorsal
July 29th, 2005, 05:03 PM
Here's another fun one. Love the way she's looking at him . . .

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v453/Buc252/cap034.bmp

great pic. :D

what's happening in this scene again?

Catysg1
July 29th, 2005, 05:05 PM
Marc Harmon with grey hair now at 54 :)

http://www.angelfire.com/space2/sci-fi/marcharmon2.jpg

and in action when he is with a woman ..in NCIS is really hot ;)

Catysg1
July 29th, 2005, 05:09 PM
Buc 252 ..I love that pic of Mulder and Scully . the ship was so good and we got so much more than Sam and Jack ..absolutely beautiful ship ..I love them both ..and their scenes are their scenes ..I'm sure TPTB could find some unseen scenes proper to Sam and Jack ..I 'd rather see that and leave those scenes to Mulder and Scully :) :)

Love to the x-files and Mulder and Scully .

As for Sam and Jack ..well we'll see where they both end up at the end of season 9 ...Hopefully together on screen for a romantic scene !!!! :)

nell
July 29th, 2005, 05:34 PM
So far on Origins Waaaayyy too much time with Daniel and Vala.

Queen Eleta
July 29th, 2005, 05:46 PM

Like I said, too young for me... :D

My husband is only three yrs younger than BB. I usually say anything less than 10 yrs. older than me, is too young for me. :D

And yes, with all my heart, I agree, RDA is the hottest. Especially when he is with Sam.

mad_gater
July 29th, 2005, 05:52 PM

(((((((((((((HD))))))))))))))

WELCOME TO THE FAMILY!!!! :D:D

RESISTANCE IS FUTILE!!!! :P:P:P:P

*eyes glow*

Kel'dor: Greetings HD! I am Kel'dor, Tok'ra shipper! Ignore the ramblings of my host...he has a Star Trek fixation...:P:D