PDA

View Full Version : Sam Carter/Jack O'Neill Ship Appreciation Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57

gatebee
July 22nd, 2005, 02:48 PM
Thank your SueKay ... glad you have your computer all ready for our Annual Shipper day. I wasn't around last year. In fact I think at that time I was not even aware of GW. Though I was already watching SG1 and loving the ship.

LOL4JACK
July 22nd, 2005, 02:54 PM
OK, so I went back to when I asked this questions and I've gathered below your answers, I thought we could use this as a poll for ship day, but I came out with to many moments :eek: and then we say there is no ship....

So I thought we could have 2 polls separated by category:

* Poll 1 - Best shippy moment Hug, Head on Shoulder and Kiss Category, this could be a poll at the begining of the thread and we have to vote only for one.
- Fire and Water - Hug
- Death Knell - Head on Shoulder & Hug
- Beneath the Surface - Head on Shoulder
- Out of Mind - Hug
- Heroes II - Hug
- Metaporphosis - Head on Shoulder
- Point of View - Kiss
- Window of Oportunity - Kiss
- Moebius II - Kiss
- Grace - Kiss

* Poll 2: Best shippy moment non Hug, Head on Shoulder or Kiss :p, this could be done during the day, we get to vote for 3 moments each and everybody puts a :p face next to their vote, the next person to vote takes the post before and adds it's vote, that way we can see how it is going during the day and at the end, I official count the :p and post the top 3.

- 2010: Jack & Sam talking at the Cabin
- Absolute Power: Sam telling Jack when she was locked up by Daniel "All I have is my word and that used to mean something to you"
- Nemesis: Jack inviting Sam to go fishing
- Window of Oportunity: At the end, Jack staring at Sam knowing that he had kissed her.
- Lost City part 2: Jack is frozen and Sam puts her hand on the glass and stares at him.
- The Light: Opening scene Sam & Jack talking and Jack teasing Sam about the bet with Daniel.
- Divide and Conquer: Za'tarc testing and Jack saying, I care more about her than I ought to (maybe this one should be taken out.. it will win)
- Lost City part 1: Sam goes to talk to Jack at his house.
- Citizen Joe: The phone conversation at the beg of the ep
- Point of View: Sam watches Jack say goodbye to AU Sam
- Emancipation: Sam does the twirl in the dress and Jack smiles.
- Moebius 2: Hand on Hand in the briefing room
- Moebius 2: Chicago Cubs moment.
- 48 Hours: Jack asking Sam if she wants to be in the gateroom when they power up the Russian DHD
- Divide and Conquer: When they are taking Jack away for the procedure, Sam is watching and he looks back at her
- GENESIS: At the beg when Jack gets closer to look at the moniter and she get's all nervous
- Beneath the Surface: THe end scene, when Sam calls Jack, "Sir"
- Serpents Venom: Sam is under the mine, Jack lays his head on her tummy to see.
- Memento: Near the end, SG-1 is inviting for a banquet and the word "cake" is mentioned, Jack and Sam share a look.
- In the line of Duty: Sam is taken to the infirmary, Jack follows and he tries to brush away the tear in his eyes.
- Entity: Jack is sitting by Sam, Janet tells him about her living will and asks him to let her go. Jacks says to give it a moment.
- Lost City 2: When Jack and Sam are in the machine room and Sam want to tell him something... the "kiss" moment that never happened.
- Threads: Sam and Jack fishing

What do you think, for poll # 1 we need ShipMum to set it up.

What do you think?

Carolina
Hi, I'm sorry to be a pest :( but I saw no opinion... should we go with the 2 polls, only 1, 1 and 2, none :p it's Ok if none, but if we do go we would need to ask a mod to set poll 1 and I know it normally takes time.

Thanks....

Queen Eleta
July 22nd, 2005, 03:32 PM
Hi, I'm sorry to be a pest :( but I saw no opinion... should we go with the 2 polls, only 1, 1 and 2, none :p it's Ok if none, but if we do go we would need to ask a mod to set poll 1 and I know it normally takes time.

Thanks....

I think the two polls would be fun.

sueKay
July 22nd, 2005, 03:42 PM
What she said! ^

Two polls would be great, and it would make up for not having one for the first ship day!

sueKay
July 22nd, 2005, 03:44 PM
Okay guys...I need your help here...

I'm trying to get an interview with an actor well known in the SG1 universe...but I'm too shy to ask...do you think I should just go for it???

I really need some backup here, and if you PM...I'll tell ya who it is!

sueKay
July 22nd, 2005, 04:06 PM
*wraps arms around herself*

I'm all alone
There's no-one here besides me
But you gotta have friends!

I'll keep singing if I'm alone...

please...it's my first time online at home in three months and there's no-one here :( Is there anyone out there, or am I talking to myself as usual :(

nell
July 22nd, 2005, 04:20 PM

I'm all alone

please...it's my first time online at home in three months and there's no-one here :( Is there anyone out there, or am I talking to myself as usual :(

sueKay, You are not alone anymore!!!! Interview for......? Your website, magazine, Ship Day??!!! I am curious!! Hee, hee? Oh, and the interviewee is...............?? Well, the best way to approach someone is directly, respectfully and honestly. If it's RDA (hee, hee) I'll be glad to help you out!! Ahem, just give me his email address or phone. I prefer in-person interviews. OK, I'm being silly. :D As I said earlier, you are not alone!

sueKay
July 22nd, 2005, 04:27 PM
LOL

It's not related to ship day in any way...I just need some moral support. It may be something for the Jack fans on the forum...PM me and I'll tell ya who.

I'm not telling in public, because I've already been turned down by another actor because legal reasons and having to go through different checks and stuff before getting the interview...so I'm not trying to get anyone's hopes up.

dipsofjazz
July 22nd, 2005, 04:46 PM
What she said! ^

Two polls would be great, and it would make up for not having one for the first ship day!
:eek: Um...there was a great big honkin' poll last ship day! See the first post of the thread in the archive. :p

trupi
July 22nd, 2005, 05:00 PM
here we go

trupi
July 22nd, 2005, 05:05 PM
daniel is still speaking quickly. Quess what? they stop the room from squeezing them! You got to wonder. Cameron was able to pull Excalibur from the stone and a knight is going to beat the crap out of him. The beginning which doesn't exist in real time has gone past---commercial

sueKay
July 22nd, 2005, 05:14 PM
Bev

There was no poll for the 1st ship day

There was one poll for last year's ship day - 2nd annual ship day

So we should have three for the 3rd annual ship day!

3 polls for 3 years...since year 1 was missed out!!!

Did you answer my pm on the fan film btw? I heard the music for the film today...very very nice!

Stargate gal
July 22nd, 2005, 05:16 PM
WELCOME STARGATE GAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm horrendous with names so I normally just say Welcome Newbies!!!

Hope you enjoy our little padded corner of the internet!

thanx sueKay :cool: so what happens to jack? i heard rumours abou him being promoted.

trupi
July 22nd, 2005, 05:26 PM
Cameron beats the hologram knight but the caven begins to collapse untill they realized that vala has stolen a coin from the original room. Cameron returns the coin and puts the sword back in the stone and the treasure is revealed. The Ancients had placed the treasure on Earth (group called Atarins?) and Daniel wants to investigate. They found a device which is a communication device and when you attach the stone in a certain sequence -Daniel and Vala tried it and they get knocked out and transport into the past into different bodies.

sueKay
July 22nd, 2005, 05:26 PM
Hmm...you'd better ask one of the US shippers...I won't see Avalon until October and I can't be bothered reading spoilers...I believe that TPTB are just throwing us breadcrumbs, and when you've got a blackforest gateaux in the form of fanfics...you don't really need spoilers!

Sorry...that was slightly snarky...I'm just having some trust issues with the Stargate Producers at the moment.

Apart from JM cos we all wuv him really!

I think he's left the SGC and just been given Hammonds old job? I think?

girlgater
July 22nd, 2005, 05:35 PM
Hey Shipper Family!

Had to pop in after my 15 year old son made the sweetest comment...

While watching SG-1, during a commercial break, they did a little promo spot with Sam and Daniel looking at each other. My son asked "Where's she at"? (meaning Sam). I said...she's on maternity leave. He said..."who's is it? Jack's?"

Such a young shipper and he doesn't even know it!

LOL4JACK
July 22nd, 2005, 05:38 PM
I'll be glad to open the thread, if that's ok with the rest of the family. Here's what I propose:
We Call It: 3rd Annual S/J Ship Day Thread
Yep, although as Nell says we should call it Sam/Jack and maybe include the date... ;)

We Put It: Under Characters & Relationships
Perfect!

We Open It: 12-midnight Eastern Daylight Time on Thursday, July 28
I don't know about the time, I'm un the US EST, so it works for me, but we will need the input of shippers from our other continents :D

((((((((Nell & SG1-Fanintn))))) Thanks for taking so much care of ship day.

guider79
July 22nd, 2005, 05:39 PM
Quick intro :), Okay well I've been lurking for a while but just recently got the courage to introduce myself. I've been a fan of stargate for just about a year now after being a science fiction fan since I was at least 12 (i'm now 25). I'm also a girl guide and rainbow guide leader so I'm used to running a madhouse and to add to it all I'm also a qualified nursery nurse (i must be mad,lol). Anyway, I look forward to getting to know you all and having fun .

Lisa

trupi
July 22nd, 2005, 05:39 PM
Hey Shipper Family!

While watching SG-1, during a commercial break, they did a little promo spot with Sam and Daniel looking at each other. My son asked "Where's she at"? (meaning Sam). I said...she's on maternity leave. He said..."who's is it? Jack's?"

Well taught and very intelligent child! Mom you have done good!

LOL4JACK
July 22nd, 2005, 05:40 PM
Hey Shipper Family!

Love your son Girlgater... pity can't Green him :D or you :(

Stargate gal
July 22nd, 2005, 05:46 PM
Hmm...you'd better ask one of the US shippers...I won't see Avalon until October and I can't be bothered reading spoilers...I believe that TPTB are just throwing us breadcrumbs, and when you've got a blackforest gateaux in the form of fanfics...you don't really need spoilers!

Sorry...that was slightly snarky...I'm just having some trust issues with the Stargate Producers at the moment.

I think he's left the SGC and just been given Hammonds old job? I think?

u don't get scifi either? I only get Space. i'v searched and searched, but there's no way i can get scifi without switching satalite companies.

do u really have connections with the Stargate producers? :eek:

girlgater
July 22nd, 2005, 05:49 PM
Love your son Girlgater... pity can't Green him :D or you :(

I'm trying my best to get him hooked on SG-1. He's seen some of the best episodes (Window of Opportunity and Lost City. He already really likes Atlantis, but he says he's a jock and it's not going to work out too well. We'll see. I'm not giving up on him quite yet. ;)

sueKay
July 22nd, 2005, 05:51 PM
WELCOME GUIDER79!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I hope you enjoy this madhouse too, though it sounds like your life may be a bit like one!

Stargate Gal - go to General discussion and the 'Ask Joe Mallozzi thread' the bulk of people here have had a conversation with him! He's really nice and he loves making ice cream and he's a shipper!!!!!

Girlgater - your son talks a lot more sense than TPTB! Have you told him about Ship? I've been shipping since I was twelve and I'm 17 now!

trupi
July 22nd, 2005, 05:52 PM
Are we really watching Stargate or Quantum Leap?

sueKay
July 22nd, 2005, 05:58 PM
Isn't it Fargate: SG-Crichton?

girlgater
July 22nd, 2005, 05:58 PM

I hope you enjoy this madhouse too, though it sounds like your life may be a bit like one!

Stargate Gal - go to General discussion and the 'Ask Joe Mallozzi thread' the bulk of people here have had a conversation with him! He's really nice and he loves making ice cream and he's a shipper!!!!!

Girlgater - your son talks a lot more sense than TPTB! Have you told him about Ship? I've been shipping since I was twelve and I'm 17 now!

Wow, sueKay--I am really impressed with your website now! What a creative person you are to be 17.

Yes, I've told my son about the ship. He's major into girls right now, and can enjoy a bit of romance. He told me earlier that he figured that Sam and Jack were going to get together sooner or later--whether he "likes" it or not. :p

LOL4JACK
July 22nd, 2005, 05:59 PM
Definitely Quantum Leap :D I think I even heard the "Oh Boy" :p

girlgater
July 22nd, 2005, 06:00 PM

Seems like Quantum Leap to me.

Rats...the males in my household were goofing off in front of the tv and I think I saw Jack in the previews for next week! I'm going to have to rewind during an Atlantis commercial and find out for sure.

trupi
July 22nd, 2005, 06:04 PM
Definitely Quantum Leap :D I think I even heard the "Oh Boy" :p
G-- help the shippers! "Dear Lord forgive them for they know not what they have done"! Please give me a hint where to go and vent first-SCIFI,NBC TPTB-----where! :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

nell
July 22nd, 2005, 06:07 PM
Quick intro :), Okay well I've been lurking for a while but just recently got the courage to introduce myself. I've been a fan of stargate for just about a year now after being a science fiction fan since I was at least 12 (i'm now 25). I'm also a girl guide and rainbow guide leader so I'm used to running a madhouse and to add to it all I'm also a qualified nursery nurse (i must be mad,lol). Anyway, I look forward to getting to know you all and having fun .

Lisa

:) ;) :) ;) WELCOME GUIDER79!!! :) ;) :) ;)

sueKay
July 22nd, 2005, 06:10 PM
Thank you girlgater!!!!

Believe it or not, I was computer illiterate until ten months ago...I only started finding out about computers when I decided to start a simple homepage and it's just went from there!

Everyone seems to think that I'm older than I am...maybe I'm quite mature sounding.

*thinks about her previous statement*

...nah!

dipsofjazz
Bev

There was no poll for the 1st ship day

There was one poll for last year's ship day - 2nd annual ship day

So we should have three for the 3rd annual ship day!

3 polls for 3 years...since year 1 was missed out!!!

Did you answer my pm on the fan film btw? I heard the music for the film today...very very nice!
The first ship day was on the old Delphi forum, which was a bit different to here.

Queen Eleta

Rats...the males in my household were goofing off in front of the tv and I think I saw Jack in the previews for next week! I'm going to have to rewind during an Atlantis commercial and find out for sure.

Yep, you did. It was said he would be in episode #3.

trupi
July 22nd, 2005, 06:11 PM

Yes, Jack is on next week! You are real good, you actually taped the episode . I just want to go to sleep and forget I ever saw that garbage!

girlgater
July 22nd, 2005, 06:13 PM
Where are my manners. Welcome, guider79.

trupi
July 22nd, 2005, 06:14 PM

Lisa
Welcome to the family! Come ship with us on July 28-ShipDay! :p

girlgater
July 22nd, 2005, 06:18 PM
Yes, Jack is on next week! You are real good, you actually taped the episode . I just want to go to sleep and forget I ever saw that garbage!

Yes, I'll admit it...I'm taping S9--but only because I'm hoping that they'll throw something to us shippers that we aren't expecting. :o

Gotta go. The pest thinks he needs to get on-line and chat.

Goodnight.

dipsofjazz
July 22nd, 2005, 06:19 PM
http://bestsmileys.com/welcome/16.gif

Welcome to the family guider79. :D

Stargate gal
July 22nd, 2005, 06:21 PM

Thanx sueKay! ;)

sueKay
July 22nd, 2005, 06:39 PM
Well...It's coming up to quarter to three in the morning here...gald to hear I never missed anything exciting with regards to Avalon

*Sniff*

we say goodbye to jack next week :(:(:(:(

Buc252
July 22nd, 2005, 06:50 PM

Now it's my turn to be snarky <g> - Not "all" of us wuv JM. Personally, I find him the worst of the bunch because he's not following through on the ship (like all the rest of TPTB) while trying to fool us into thinking he's for it. I don't believe it, or he'd be fighting the other PTB tooth and nail to give us more of the ship than the pittance we got in S8.

After all, who is worse: the person who openly dislikes us for no reason? Or the person who pretends to be a friend while working against us behind our backs? I know which I feel is worse.

Sorry, suekay, but I couldn't go along with such a general statement when every time I log on I'm reminded of what TPTB have done (or not done), JM included.

Wow . . . I guess JM isn't a good topic for me when I'm PMSing and had a long week at the office.

trupi
July 22nd, 2005, 07:00 PM
Now it's my turn to be snarky <g> - Not "all" of us wuv JM. Personally, I find him the worst of the bunch because he's not following through on the ship (like all the rest of TPTB) while trying to fool us into thinking he's for it. I don't believe it, or he'd be fighting the other PTB tooth and nail to give us more of the ship than the pittance we got in S8.

Sorry, suekay, but I couldn't go along with such a general statement when every time I log on I'm reminded of what TPTB have done (or not done), JM included.

Wow . . . I guess JM isn't a good topic for me when I'm PMSing and had a long week at the office.
Mary you are not far from the truth! After watching tonight's episode, I think I'm going to stay away from the show for the rest of the summer. I can't believe they can think they are improving the show. Just the opening credits is enough to make you sick! They must be high from fame if they think the old fans are going to deal with this silliness. They should have ended the show two years ago and moved the cast members who wanted to work to Atlantis. They are all involved with this nonsense JM,PD TPTB Shame!

ses110
July 22nd, 2005, 07:32 PM
I almost fell asleep watching tonight.Daniel just cannot carry this Show IMO.TPTB also need to stop with the Mitchell flashbacks.TPTB are trying to paint Mitchell as the greatest Hero of the SGC.IMO many Fans are going to turn on Mitchell real quick if things do not improve.IMO Jack was a great character because he had flaws and was a character most Fans could relate with and TPTB did not try to Show Jack as the greatest Human being ever. It is going to be very hard to keep watching this Season.I'am just trying to hold out for Sam's return.This Show needs a ton of work to be decent IMO.It will be very interesting to find out the ratings on Monday.I really hope the Ship is worth sticking with this Show.

LadyJeep
July 22nd, 2005, 07:39 PM
ON SECOND THOUGHTS...IGNORE THIS POST

LMAO - you HAVE to read this fic - warning it's SLASH not ship, but it's meant to be Daniel's diary...March and April are brilliant! NOTE: The first half of April...the second half is too NC-17-like for most people (ie. me *shudders*).

http://www.versaphile.com/anais/January.shtml

beware of swearing, gay relationships and other stuff like that
suekay,
this is one of the best fanfics I have read. Laughed from January to December. Did you know that Jack has a diary, too! Just January to April.
Here's the link if you'd like to check it out. ;)

http://www.versaphile.com/anais/JanuaryJ.shtml

trupi
July 22nd, 2005, 07:39 PM
I almost fell asleep watching tonight.Daniel just cannot carry this Show IMO.TPTB also need to stop with the Mitchell flashbacks.TPTB are trying to paint Mitchell as the greatest Hero of the SGC.It is going to be very hard to keep watching this Season.I'am just trying to hold out for Sam's return.This Show needs a ton of work to be decent IMO.It will be very interesting to find out the ratings on Monday.I really hope the Ship is worth sticking with this Show.
What is that flash back garbage! Enough! Even MS and CJ don't look or act familiar. They should have just started and new series. I feel bad for AT and what she's walking into. If they rewrote MS and CJ character's personalities, what did they do to Sam's character? I'm scared!

Lynn
July 22nd, 2005, 07:49 PM
What is that flash back garbage! Enough! Even MS and CJ don't look or act familiar. They should have just started and new series. I feel bad for AT and what she's walking into. If they rewrote MS and CJ character's personalities, what did they do to Sam's character? I'm scared!
Trupi,

I am actually really p***ed with Avalon tonight. My 5 year old was watching the ep ,since SG-1 is her favorite "grown-up" show and she snuck out of her bedroom as she knew it was on, just minutes before the
Vala gets burnt to death scene .

I couldn't get her out of the room fast enought.

Where the heck were the parental warnings on this one???

I just don't know where the minds of Sci-Fi and TPTB are right now!

BTW - I'll e-mail you later.

mad_gater
July 22nd, 2005, 07:56 PM
hello everybody

i just wanted to say that just in case im not on again tonight that i'll be missing my first shipper day because im being sent to jordan and im sad i won't be able to share it with you guys. it will be kinda of weird not visiting here since im been coming here a couple times a day since i've joined so it will be like going cold turkey with you guys.

well, have fun and go sam and jack
((((((((((jay))))))))))))

You'll be with us in spirit I'm sure....I'll send a case of the Shipper Town Bar's finest hooch along with you...:P:D:P:D:P:D:P:D

mad_gater
July 22nd, 2005, 08:01 PM
Yes, bye Jimmy( and Scotty).
Yup...after years of beaming up Kirk and party he himself has done the ultimate beam-out. I'll definitely miss him. :(:(

ses110
July 22nd, 2005, 08:03 PM
I'am starting to wonder about the Critics who praised Season 9.What Show were they watching and I hope we get to see the same Show.I'am starting to think AT may be the only hope for this Show.I think things do not look good for the Teal'c character.It's only 2 episodes and I'am sick of the Jaffa rebellion already.This Show needs to stop with the lousy dialog and start giving us some half way decent action scenes.I'am not talking about the Vala scene either.

mad_gater
July 22nd, 2005, 08:08 PM
Poor you! I hate viruses! Have you got a Anti-Virus program on your computer? I found a free one on the net that works good. Could give you the link if you want :)

Hope you're back soon!
So do I. Where's Thor when ya need him to work his Asgard magic to give you an impenetrable firewall? :rolleyes::P:D

ann_sgcfan
July 22nd, 2005, 08:23 PM

I thought the same thing! I posted this on another thread, but the interaction between the actors are stale. Jokes are falling flat and there seems to be a lot of standing around. I know these actors are better than this I have seen them do better. This is supposed to draw in a new audience, they may get what they want, but lost the faithful fans that have been around since the beginning. I am still hopeful they will pull this one out. AT returns in 4 episodes and RDA will be back next week!

sg-1fanintn
July 22nd, 2005, 08:24 PM
Round 35 of the Fave Episodes Tournament has begun. Birthright was eliminated in Round 34.

Divide & Conquer (the holy grail of J/S shippiness) is now #5 from the top, which means it’s very close to being eliminated!

You can make a difference!. Please keep voting! Catch up on the tourney (and which eps have been eliminated so far) here: http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=12889&page=81&pp=20

Be careful! If you accidentally vote for an ep that has already been eliminated, none of your votes will count in that round.

Sam and Jack thank you. I thank you!

mad_gater
July 22nd, 2005, 08:27 PM

Lisa
WELCOME LISA!!!!!!

mad_gater
July 22nd, 2005, 08:48 PM
I'am starting to wonder about the Critics who praised Season 9.What Show were they watching and I hope we get to see the same Show.I'am starting to think AT may be the only hope for this Show.I think things do not look good for the Teal'c character.It's only 2 episodes and I'am sick of the Jaffa rebellion already.This Show needs to stop with the lousy dialog and start giving us some half way decent action scenes.I'am not talking about the Vala scene either.
I'm beginning to wonder WTF TPTB were smokin'....probably naquadria-enhanced pot or somethin'...:P:D

ses110
July 22nd, 2005, 09:01 PM
It would not surprise me.I see alot of people on the Avalon part 2 thread seem to like this episode.What are they seeing that I'am not?I'am not seeing anything new and exciting.Tonight was like much of Season 7 and 8 all talk and no action.It was non stop Daniel and Vala and Teal'c Jaffa rebellion and TPTB going overboard trying to make Mitchell the Greatest American Hero.I'am really trying to like Season 9 but so far it's not happening.I still hope for things to turn around but it will not be until AT returns IMO.

trupi
July 22nd, 2005, 09:06 PM
It would not surprise me.I see alot of people on the Avalon part 2 thread seem to like this episode.What are they seeing that I'am not?I'am not seeing anything new and exciting.Tonight was like much of Season 7 and 8 all talk and no action.It was non stop Daniel and Vala and Teal'c Jaffa rebellion and TPTB going overboard trying to make Mitchell the Greatest American Hero.I'am really trying to like Season 9 but so far it's not happening.I still hope for things to turn around but it will not be until AT returns IMO.
Sheep! That is what they are and they are on the way to the slaughter house.

gatebee
July 22nd, 2005, 09:22 PM

I'm all alone

Sorry SueKay but had RL to do and just got back on the computer myself just now.

Any way, as for asking who ever it is .... go for it girl ... just do it.

sg-1fanintn
July 22nd, 2005, 09:22 PM
Okay guys...I need your help here...

I'm trying to get an interview with an actor well known in the SG1 universe...but I'm too shy to ask...do you think I should just go for it???

I really need some backup here, and if you PM...I'll tell ya who it is!

Go for it! Nothing ventured, nothing gained!

The worst he or she can say is no.....and if that's the answer, you're no worse off!

Go for it!

nell
July 22nd, 2005, 09:24 PM

I didn't hate. I didn't love it. I like Landry's take charge attitude. Mitchell is a smart airman and not full of himself. Vala really toned down when she was facing death. Daniel is Daniel. I don't want him to hook up with Vala but he deserves someone. Dr. Caroline Landry is smart and professional so far. Teal'c is in angst whether to serve the Free Jaffa or the greater good by joining the Tauri in explorations. Dr. Lee is comic relief. I'm giving them more episodes to become cohesive. Now, about Jack. This is not the first episode that he has been absent but I know that he is not a regular anymore. That hasn't quite sunk in. I'm looking forward to seeing him next week. I hope that the new SG-1 is a team by the time Sam joins them. The single factor keeping me watching may be that I'm not giving up the Ship!

ses110
July 22nd, 2005, 09:26 PM
I know everyone is entitled to there opinion but I'am shocked that so far more people are not upset about tonight episode.I had the same feeling about tonights epidose I had after watching Icon.I though it was pretty much a waste of an Hour.I just think some Fans love SG-1 and cannot bad mouth the Show.I will give the Show more time and when I think it's bad I'am going to continue to say so.I cannot wait to see the ratings on Monday.You can bet if the ratings are bad the spin will be no AT for the first 5 episodes and the Fans having to get used to the cast.TPTB will not even mention the RDA factor.TPTB and some of the Actors do n ot deserve a pass IMO because the way they talked up Season 9.

gatebee
July 22nd, 2005, 09:27 PM

Thanks....
Let do the two polls on shipper day . That would be a good way to start.

ses110
July 22nd, 2005, 09:30 PM
The Ship factor is keeping me watching as well.I do think the Show will improve after AT returns.I do think it is Vital the show takes off right after AT returns because many Fans may only give it a couple more episode after AT returns.I must say Vala was better in part 2.I think the Jaffa rebellion will hurt the Show.Most of the Fans I've heard from do not like the Jaffa rebellion story.IMO TPTB should keep the Jaffa story in check.

gatebee
July 22nd, 2005, 09:34 PM
Hey Shipper Family!

Your son is a shipper at heart. Bless his soul.

gatebee
July 22nd, 2005, 09:39 PM

Lisa
WELCOME GUIDER 79 .... glad to have another shipper . Make yourself at home and post alot

sg-1fanintn
July 22nd, 2005, 09:43 PM

Lisa

Welcome, guider79!
You'll like it here. Everyone is so nice....and you won't get
a red ding for disagreeing with someone.
You were a Girl Guide. I was a Girl Scout and once worked for the GS Council in Nashville. I bet a lot of other people on this thread were Girl Scouts or Girl Guides too! How about it? How many of you are there here with us? Heck, I bet Samantha Carter was a Girl Scout! I bet she even got the Gold Award!

Isn't it Fargate: SG-Crichton?
These comments would be really funny......if they weren't also true!!!!! I thought Avalon 2 was better than Avalon 1.....but right now, SGA is just so much better!!!!!

gatebee
July 22nd, 2005, 09:47 PM
The first ship day was on the old Delphi forum, which was a bit different to here.
Delphi Forum? What was that?

gatebee
July 22nd, 2005, 09:49 PM
Poor Trupi ... hope you have good dreams.... shippy dreams

gatebee
July 22nd, 2005, 09:53 PM
Thanx sueKay! ;)
Stargate Gal ... do excuse my bad manners .... WELCOME TO S/J SHIPPER FAMILY

trupi
July 22nd, 2005, 09:54 PM
Poor Trupi ... hope you have good dreams.... shippy dreams
Thank you! I will dream of past episodes and shippy moments we love. Also,we have our fanfics! They think they're the only ones that can write a good story. HA :D

gatebee
July 22nd, 2005, 09:56 PM
Well...It's coming up to quarter to three in the morning here...gald to hear I never missed anything exciting with regards to Avalon

*Sniff*

Sorry I missed you SueKay. Next week we will have Jack and hopefully we will get a surprise and see Sam as well. Crosses fingers maybe someone will mention that they are taking time off to be together.

Gatetrixer
July 22nd, 2005, 09:59 PM

*Sniff*

With regard to your last comment, I will quote Luke Skywalker: Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!

Gatetrixer
July 22nd, 2005, 10:05 PM
Yup...after years of beaming up Kirk and party he himself has done the ultimate beam-out. I'll definitely miss him. :(:(

The TNG episode with Scotty was on Spike channel tonight. I think it just happened in the ep rotation and wasn't planned as a tribute. Serendipity, if that's the right word.

gatebee
July 22nd, 2005, 10:26 PM
Thank you! I will dream of past episodes and shippy moments we love. Also,we have our fanfics! They think they're the only ones that can write a good story. HA :D
Trupi ....that's the way to do it. Don't be put down by TPTB. Our ship is here. Our ship is here.

LtColSamONeill
July 22nd, 2005, 11:33 PM
My opinion on Avalon pt2 ... The plot sucked. The whole swordfight was badly done and they made poor Ben Browder look like a doofus. I love Ben and Claudia and this just made me miss Farscape all the more. The writing for Ben and Claudia on Farscape was far superior to what we are getting here. I really felt like I was watching a Stargate spin off for Daniel and Tealc. Daniels speed talking is really driving me crazy and I actually screamed "shut up" while listening to him. His 'wife' Lexa as the Dr. just seemed to be doing a very pale imitation of Teryls Janet, who was a far better character. The Jaffa stuff holds no interest for me, never really did. Missed the ship alot while watching the ep. Michael S. and Claudia B. have zero chemistry together. Mitchell seemed more concerned about Vala than Daniel did, even tho Daniel was screaming to let her go. Probably me missing John and Aeryn, but still don't see the Danny/Vala chemistry.

All in All a really boring ep. Really missed Amanda and Rick. This is really going to be hard for me to watch until Amanda comes back. I'd actually really like for Claudia to stay if we could see less of Daniel/Tealc. Sorry to the Michael/Chris fans , but as Daniel says that just happens to be how I feel about it.

Queen Eleta
July 22nd, 2005, 11:44 PM
My opinion on Avalon pt2 ... The plot sucked. The whole swordfight was badly done and they made poor Ben Browder look like a doofus. I love Ben and Claudia and this just made me miss Farscape all the more. The writing for Ben and Claudia on Farscape was far superior to what we are getting here. I really felt like I was watching a Stargate spin off for Daniel and Tealc. Daniels speed talking is really driving me crazy and I actually screamed "shut up" while listening to him. His 'wife' Lexa as the Dr. just seemed to be doing a very pale imitation of Teryls Janet, who was a far better character. The Jaffa stuff holds no interest for me, never really did. Missed the ship alot while watching the ep. Michael S. and Claudia B. have zero chemistry together. Mitchell seemed more concerned about Vala than Daniel did, even tho Daniel was screaming to let her go. Probably me missing John and Aeryn, but still don't see the Danny/Vala chemistry.

All in All a really boring ep. Really missed Amanda and Rick. This is really going to be hard for me to watch until Amanda comes back. I'd actually really like for Claudia to stay if we could see less of Daniel/Tealc. Sorry to the Michael/Chris fans , but as Daniel says that just happens to be how I feel about it.
Wow, you read my mind. I feel the same way. I didn't see anything special between Daniel/ Vala in Prometheus unbound, so I never did understand why they brought her back. It was like she wanted to do the opposite of Aeryn, but she was awkward with it. I loved farscape too. I was excited to find out BB was going to be on the show, but when I read Vala was also coming back, I groaned. And they did not do a very good job introducing Dr. Lam either. Too much going on and I felt she got lost. Although I did like that CM showed concern for Vala, because I think they are setting him up to be a compassionate, take care of everyone type of guy, which I did like about John Crichton. I can't wait for Sam to be apart of the team again, and I REALLY can't wait for those precious small glimpses of Jack. :(

Queen Eleta
July 22nd, 2005, 11:57 PM
I know everyone is entitled to there opinion but I'am shocked that so far more people are not upset about tonight episode.I had the same feeling about tonights epidose I had after watching Icon.I though it was pretty much a waste of an Hour.I just think some Fans love SG-1 and cannot bad mouth the Show.I will give the Show more time and when I think it's bad I'am going to continue to say so.I cannot wait to see the ratings on Monday.You can bet if the ratings are bad the spin will be no AT for the first 5 episodes and the Fans having to get used to the cast.TPTB will not even mention the RDA factor.TPTB and some of the Actors do n ot deserve a pass IMO because the way they talked up Season 9.

I still don't know what to think. I'm so desperate for some good new sci fi shows, that I will settle for mediocre. My Bab 5, Farscape, Firefly, and Season 1-7 Stargate DVDs are wearing out. I think they are trying to do too much at once. A lot of new characters, new bad guys, beloved characters absent for no apparent reason. The S/J ship could have at least given us an anchor to the past that we all obviously loved. They could have said anything about S/J without either actor actually being there, and I could have felt better about all these changes. I, however, continue to believe that TPTB are intelligent, because of the last eight seasons, and know their audience, and I will stay on the ride for ONE more season.

Sam_o_Neill
July 23rd, 2005, 01:17 AM
Ok...I haven't read any spoilers for the episode yet. I've come straight here.

It was easy last week cause I was out all day and when I got back I could get the episode straight away! But now i've got to wait and i've got a huge urge to just read all the spoilers that hav beenn posted :S I'm going to have to find somehing to keep me busy.

(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((Shipper Family)))))))))))))))))))))))))))

girlgater
July 23rd, 2005, 07:05 AM
Welcome, guider79!
You'll like it here. Everyone is so nice....and you won't get
a red ding for disagreeing with someone.
You were a Girl Guide. I was a Girl Scout and once worked for the GS Council in Nashville. I bet a lot of other people on this thread were Girl Scouts or Girl Guides too! How about it? How many of you are there here with us? Heck, I bet Samantha Carter was a Girl Scout! I bet she even got the Gold Award!

These comments would be really funny......if they weren't also true!!!!! I thought Avalon 2 was better than Avalon 1.....but right now, SGA is just so much better!!!!!

Well, I've never been a Girl Scout, but I have bought their cookies! haha

I thought Avalon 2 was better than Avalon 1 as well. Vala was also toned down on pt 2 which made her character more likeable in my opinion. She even appears to have something else on her mind besides money and sex. Perhaps her character will evolve into something more.

sg-1fanintn is absolutely correct in saying that SG-A is better than SG-1. It hurts me to say so since SG-1 is my first love. Still...I'm giving S9 a chance. Once AT gets back it's got to be better. I also have a hard time believing that she would stick with something that's on such rocky terrain. Also, Jack is back next week!!!

LOL4JACK
July 23rd, 2005, 07:18 AM
I didn't hate. I didn't love it. I like Landry's take charge attitude. Mitchell is a smart airman and not full of himself. Vala really toned down when she was facing death. Daniel is Daniel. I don't want him to hook up with Vala but he deserves someone. Dr. Caroline Landry is smart and professional so far. Teal'c is in angst whether to serve the Free Jaffa or the greater good by joining the Tauri in explorations. Dr. Lee is comic relief. I'm giving them more episodes to become cohesive. Now, about Jack. This is not the first episode that he has been absent but I know that he is not a regular anymore. That hasn't quite sunk in. I'm looking forward to seeing him next week. I hope that the new SG-1 is a team by the time Sam joins them. The single factor keeping me watching may be that I'm not giving up the Ship!
Nell, my thought are exactly the same, I did not like it, but I did not hate it, it was definitely different though in a way they are introducing a new enemey, a new world and doing that without Sam and Jack is strange, everything is different.

I really liked CM last week, this week we saw more of him and I can only say that he is really a good guy, but how he is unders certain situations, I don't know still to see...

Vala was OK, finally an episode where it was not all about sex with her.

Daniel I really loved in this ep, although he is still talking to fast!.

Still waiting to see next week's as Avalon II is a 2 parter in a 3 ep story development and well, Jack will be there, after that it's just 3 more ep until Sam come back :p

nell
July 23rd, 2005, 07:21 AM
I still don't know what to think. Me, too. :S

I think they are trying to do too much at once. A lot of new characters, new bad guys, beloved characters absent for no apparent reason. I'm dizzy from the changes. :rolleyes:

The S/J ship could have at least given us an anchor to the past that we all obviously loved. They could have said anything about S/J without either actor actually being there, and I could have felt better about all these changes. BIG MISTAKE that they are withholding the Ship. Chain of command excuse is sooooo stupid. There, I said it!!! STUPID. :eek:

I, however, continue to believe that TPTB are intelligent, because of the last eight seasons, and know their audience, and I will stay on the ride for ONE more season. Me, too. I have not categorized myself under "pathetically hooked" quite yet!! :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Please see my comments in red!

Ayiana
July 23rd, 2005, 07:36 AM
First, good morning to everybody for whom it is still morning :)

Second, since there's a bit of an informal poll going, I too am a Girl Scout. I'm also the assistant leader for my daughter's junior/cadet troop - gold or silver award projects anyone?

Third, I've been watching the posts here for several weeks, long before I actually joined, much less started posting myself, and I have a question. Do the majority of the people here watch SG-1 primarily for the S/J ship? Are there others, like me, who adore the ship but are quite content to watch the show for other reasons as well? I'm curious because of the number of folks who seem to dislike any episode that doesn't have ship or at least S/J in it.

Personally, I enjoy SG-1 for lots of reasons. Yes, the S/J ship is one of my favorite aspects, but I really like nearly all of the characters (except possibly for Landry who still seems a bit stuffy to me). Teal'c's understated humor, Daniel's tendency to stick his nose where it really doesn't belong, Mitchell's awkward attempts to find his place in the program, and Vala's outrageous behavior all interest me for different reasons, and while the show does seem a little rocky at the moment, I attribute that in large part to the fact that they're blending a new group of actors and it always takes time for the new folks to get their footing on a show - whether it's the first episode or the 200th.

Just my humble opinion - my apologies if I've caused offense...

sueKay
July 23rd, 2005, 07:44 AM
Hey Ayiana!

Don't worry - no offense caused.

For me? Ship is not the main draw...it's just the one that I talk about the most as I don't really fit in with the sciency types. I just feel that without Jack, the show's lost a certain 'oomph' and I feel qualitatively that the show's slowly going downhill...My favourite episodes aren't normally shippy, as long as they're good character-driven episodes. For instance...I love Daniel episodes and I love most of the Teal'c episodes...yet I cannot stand watching Grace...even for that kiss!!!

sueKay
July 23rd, 2005, 07:46 AM
On the unnofficial poll

I've never been a girl guide, but I was in the Scouts for five years!

trupi
July 23rd, 2005, 07:47 AM
Nell, my thought are exactly the same, I did not like it, but I did not hate it, it was definitely different though in a way they are introducing a new enemey, a new world and doing that without Sam and Jack is strange, everything is different.

I really liked CM last week, this week we saw more of him and I can only say that he is really a good guy, but how he is unders certain situations, I don't know still to see...

Still waiting to see next week's as Avalon II is a 2 parter in a 3 ep story development and well, Jack will be there, after that it's just 3 more ep until Sam come back :p
It's just too much too soon! The old fans need time to accept the changes but they are throwing everything and the kitchen sink into the episodes, making it very hard to adjust. We might have lost Lynn because her 5 year old daughter walked intoVala burning scene and was very upset. They forget (or don't care) that kids watch the show and being at 8 EST kids are still up. They need to give kid warning if they going to start showing very discriptive scenes, on the show!

LOL4JACK
July 23rd, 2005, 07:52 AM

Second, since there's a bit of an informal poll going, I too am a Girl Scout. I'm also the assistant leader for my daughter's junior/cadet troop - gold or silver award projects anyone?

Third, I've been watching the posts here for several weeks, long before I actually joined, much less started posting myself, and I have a question. Do the majority of the people here watch SG-1 primarily for the S/J ship? Are there others, like me, who adore the ship but are quite content to watch the show for other reasons as well? I'm curious because of the number of folks who seem to dislike any episode that doesn't have ship or at least S/J in it.

Personally, I enjoy SG-1 for lots of reasons. Yes, the S/J ship is one of my favorite aspects, but I really like nearly all of the characters (except possibly for Landry who still seems a bit stuffy to me). Teal'c's understated humor, Daniel's tendency to stick his nose where it really doesn't belong, Mitchell's awkward attempts to find his place in the program, and Vala's outrageous behavior all interest me for different reasons, and while the show does seem a little rocky at the moment, I attribute that in large part to the fact that they're blending a new group of actors and it always takes time for the new folks to get their footing on a show - whether it's the first episode or the 200th.

Hello Ayiana, One rule of this thread is that all opinions count and are good :p so no need to apologize, we are all different, we have different likes but we are all here because we love the ship :p:p:p

I personally started loving SG-1 because of RDA/Jack, after it was the great stories and team chemistry between the characters and the actors where great and last but not least, the ship, coming to this thread has made me re-discover all the episodes again and it has been fun.

S9 is different, the team as I had known for the past 8 years is no longer so it is definitely a new show, so no RDA, no team and no ship that is 0/3, but hey, I'm still watching and I'll still be, but I'm also waiting to discover this new team and this new show, I don't think I will have my mind made up until mid season, but I do have hopes.

PS: On the poll :p I was a Brownie in Scotland, but never a guide :( I have bought the cookies in the US, there is a white chocolate rasperry or something like that that is :p yummy :p

ses110
July 23rd, 2005, 07:55 AM
I agree 1000%.I do not want to upset anyone but IMO the Daniel character is just not leading character material on this Show.The same goes for Teal'c.TPTB need to give something else besides the Jaffa rebellion to Teal'c.TPTB also need to lose the Mitchell flashbacks real quick.I was expecting to hear the Rocky theme during the Sword fight.I though the Jonas character worked well because he was not the instant Hero and had to gain respect.I never got the feeling Jonas was trying to replace Daniel.I think the Sam character has the ability to be the lead character and TPTB should have Daniel and Teal'c play off Sam as much as possible and not have Daniel or Teal'c go off on there own.I always though Daniel and Teal'c worked real well with Jack and Jack had the ability to keep the Daniel character from being way out there.

trupi
July 23rd, 2005, 07:56 AM
Welcome Ayiana to the shipper family where everyones opinion counts! Post often!

sueKay
July 23rd, 2005, 08:05 AM
LOL4JACK - Are you scottish????

I live ten minutes from our community hall where the brownies and guides meet...

You know...I HAVE to do a fic with brownies and guides in it now...

...I have an idea forming :D hee hee!

LOL4JACK
July 23rd, 2005, 08:20 AM
LOL4JACK - Are you scottish????

I live ten minutes from our community hall where the brownies and guides meet...

You know...I HAVE to do a fic with brownies and guides in it now...

...I have an idea forming :D hee hee!
Hi Suekay, I was born in Venezuela and raised in Scotland (Glasgow) I lived there for 7 years did all my primary school and I have the best of memories, I had so much fun, that's where I learned my english, but my scottish accent is now gone :(

After that came back to Venezuela and then moved to Spain (that's where I first saw Stargate :p it was the only non-spanish show I could get and it was on Saturday's at 1am :p, but I got hooked) moved to Mexico where I could watch SG-1 in the MGM channel... and now in the US where I get it directly on SCIFI and where I became a shipper :D and going to my first Con next month! what a journey :p oh and I've also spent a lot of my time in France and have my relief watching my favorite show in french :p

Gatetrixer
I agree 1000%.I do not want to upset anyone but IMO the Daniel character is just not leading character material on this Show.The same goes for Teal'c.TPTB need to give something else besides the Jaffa rebellion to Teal'c.TPTB also need to lose the Mitchell flashbacks real quick.I was expecting to hear the Rocky theme during the Sword fight.I though the Jonas character worked well because he was not the instant Hero and had to gain respect.I never got the feeling Jonas was trying to replace Daniel.I think the Sam character has the ability to be the lead character and TPTB should have Daniel and Teal'c play off Sam as much as possible and not have Daniel or Teal'c go off on there own.I always though Daniel and Teal'c worked real well with Jack and Jack had the ability to keep the Daniel character from being way out there.

Think I read somewhere that this season is going to be a lot about Daniel, which doesn't excite me one bit. I like Daniel but he's not my favorite and many of his best bits were playing off Jack. Before a Daniel fan takes umbrage I didn't say that's ALL I liked. Liked "Lifeboat" for instance. The Danielites are probably in hog heaven, tho. Sometimes I can't believe the amount of Daniel centered fanfic compared with that centered on other characters. I know he was the main character in the movie, but much has envolved since then. Yes, lose those Mitchell flashbacks asap. Whose idea was that?
Is anyone else worried that they are going to spring something on us about Jack next ep that we won't like?

Billie
Hey family! :)

Have not long surfaced after a long and very tiring night duty and have just pulled up a chair and am tucking into a big plate of sausages and mash (with lashings of gravy obviously!) while I catch up on the all the gossip! :)

Have caught sight of quite a few newbies to the family so before I go any further

WELCOME NEWBIES!!

Off to catch up and finish my sausages so see you in a while! :D

trupi
July 23rd, 2005, 08:24 AM
Hi Suekay, I was born in Venezuela and raised in Scotland (Glasgow) I lived there for 7 years did all my primary school and I have the best of memories, I had so much fun, that's where I learned my english, but my scottish accent is now gone :(

After that came back to Venezuela and then moved to Spain (that's where I first saw Stargate :p it was the only non-spanish show I could get and it was on Saturday's at 1am :p, but I got hooked) moved to Mexico where I could watch SG-1 in the MGM channel... and now in the US where I get it directly on SCIFI and where I became a shipper :D and going to my first Con next month! what a journey :p oh and I've also spent a lot of my time in France and have my relief watching my favorite show in french :p
How many languages do you speak?

LOL4JACK
July 23rd, 2005, 08:34 AM
How many languages do you speak?
English, Spanish, Ok with French (French shippers, I speak better than write :p), some Portugues and very little Italian (enough to say that RDA is a handsome man :D )...

Billie
July 23rd, 2005, 09:20 AM
OK PEOPLE, I'M FEELING THE NEED FOR SOME SERIOUS SHIPPER THERAPY!!

So here's my shippy dream for today..... :) ;)

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a57/pcbillie/sam_phone.jpg
Hey Jack, I think our shippers are missing us, what are we gonna do?

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a57/pcbillie/jack_phone.jpg
Well....why don't you come over here and we'll give em something to smile about!!

:) :p ;) :D

*sighs big shippy sigh* and feels lots lots better!!

ses110
July 23rd, 2005, 09:23 AM
I though the Daniel in the Movie was great because Daniel and Jack worked great together.I think the SG-1 Daniel character gets in trouble when he works outside the Team.I always said the SG Movie and TV Show are very different.The Movie was pretty much Jack and Daniel and the TV Show is about the SG-1 Team.IMO it is vital to have Sam Mitchell Daniel and Teal'c work together as much as possible.I hope it changes but so far it appears to be too much splitting up of SG-1.IMO as far as the TV Show the only character who has really been able to work alone or with another guest Star is Jack.

trupi
July 23rd, 2005, 09:29 AM
English, Spanish, Ok with French (French shippers, I speak better than write :p), some Portugues and very little Italian (enough to say that RDA is a handsome man :D )...
I think that's enough! That's great, I'm foreign language stupid, wish I could speak one other but pretty good understanding somethings in Italian and Spanish. Just be aware that the Convention atmosphere is not always shippy. That's why we like to meet up with shippers. We watch each others sixes. I found out the hard way last year.

Myrth
July 23rd, 2005, 09:32 AM
That is nice!! So easy to create ship.. so very easy...

Well....why don't you come over here and we'll give em something to smile about!!

Billie
July 23rd, 2005, 09:43 AM
* Poll 1 - Best shippy moment Hug, Head on Shoulder and Kiss Category, this could be a poll at the begining of the thread and we have to vote only for one.

* Poll 2: Best shippy moment non Hug, Head on Shoulder or Kiss :p, this could be done during the day, we get to vote for 3 moments each and everybody puts a :p face next to their vote, the next person to vote takes the post before and adds it's vote, that way we can see how it is going during the day and at the end, I official count the :p and post the top 3.

What do you think?

Carolina

I think both polls would be fun!! :p

Now off to try and get my head round the shipper day timings so will be back with my vote for that soon :)

Billie
July 23rd, 2005, 09:53 AM
Timezones - We Started it from the very beginning of the day Australian time...don't know the technical term.

Then we kept it going until the very end of the day Pacific Time...making the day more like a day and a half, so that as many people as possible could take part.

I'm with suekay on this one as would be nice if we all had the full 24 hours of the 28th July where ever we are in this great big honkin world of ours!! :)

ONLY 5ISH DAYS TO GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

nell
July 23rd, 2005, 10:12 AM

Billie, Billie, Billie, You hit my Shipper spot with those caps!!!! :p Now I'm "snurching" (is that the term for "borrowing"?) those pics for future picture stories. Incidentally, for Ship Day I will try to post an occasional picture story and I encourage you, too, because you are sooooo good at this!!!! ;)

Silver
July 23rd, 2005, 10:35 AM

Howdy, Ayiana!

I can't remember how long ago I started watching SG-1, but I was quite young--about 10/11, I think (and even then I loved the S/J romance :p). But I do remember that from the very first time I saw it I began to adore the character of Jack O'Neill. I won't lie when I say I've primarily watched the show for Jack. He makes me laugh and RDA is a wonderful actor. If it hadn't been for his face on screen, I probably would have watched it when I could be bothered, from time to time, but never with the, er, obsession and love that I have done for the past six years. ;) But there again I am going to watch season 9 when it hits the UK so it can't all be about him.

But yes, with Jack came the S/J ship, and I loved it! Unlike you, although I do enjoy different aspects of Stargate, I don't think I'll be as content in season 9 without the ship. Let me rephrase that... I won't be content if there's no emotion between the main characters. I don't think it's the actual romance that captures my imagination, it's the emotion. And despite the teary moments relating to Teal'c and Daniel, one of the best sources for emotion and feelings in the show, for me, centres around Sam and Jack's relationship and predicament.

I do watch SG-1 for other reasons. The "fantasy" genre--the abnormal and unknown--sucks me in like a big whoppin' black hole. In addition, I love action and adventure and the fighting scenes. But to me the best episodes come as a package. Action/capture/adventure usually leads to angst/hurt/danger, which brings about comfort/reassurance/honesty, which in the case of Sam and Jack equals SHIP. These are episodes such as Upgrades, Message in a Bottle, Into the Fire, Solitudes, Metamorphosis, Heroes and Lost City.

What I'm trying to say is that without emotion the episodes with or without their fancy ships, unusual aliens and big shiny guns don't mean a thing. Threads and Grace to me are two of the best episodes they've made, merely because of how sentimental they are (and even more emotional was Abyss, which is my absolute favourite due to Jack's pain and Daniel's comforting presence). Even in Window of Opportunity, which was one of my most humorous TV moments ever, the best, most powerful scene involved Jack shouting that he'd "lost his son" and seeing the reactions play across the faces of the three other SG-1 members.

So yeah, I do watch Stargate for the ship--because to me it's one of the most prominent and central sources for emotion and feelings in the show. It's rich in angst (aren't I nice? :D). And whatever new dynamics they introduce to us in season nine, I somehow doubt they could ever replace the depth of our favourite pair's feelings for the other... Mitchell or no Mitchell as a newly-intergrated part of the team.

Anyway, folks, it's good to be back, once again indulging Sam and Jack shippiness! :D I have a lot in this thread to read! What's Avalon like?

Queen Eleta
July 23rd, 2005, 11:06 AM
Think I read somewhere that this season is going to be a lot about Daniel, which doesn't excite me one bit. I like Daniel but he's not my favorite and many of his best bits were playing off Jack. Before a Daniel fan takes umbrage I didn't say that's ALL I liked. Liked "Lifeboat" for instance. The Danielites are probably in hog heaven, tho. Sometimes I can't believe the amount of Daniel centered fanfic compared with that centered on other characters. I know he was the main character in the movie, but much has envolved since then. Yes, lose those Mitchell flashbacks asap. Whose idea was that?
Is anyone else worried that they are going to spring something on us about Jack next ep that we won't like?

Yeah, what is it with the flasbacks. Lots of shows are utilizing that device now. SG1, BSG, Lost, etc. Lost is the only one it is fun with though.
And yes, i have been worried since I found out Jack wasn't coming back.

Queen Eleta
July 23rd, 2005, 11:14 AM

I started watching the show because I was a fan of the movie. I never saw it on Showtime, I had to wait for syndication. And then it was hit and miss, and I don't think I saw too many in order either. I wasn't even aware the ship was an issue until it moved to SciFi and I saw more of the old eps, and then the new season started. I remember seeing the promo for season seven and the 'Grace' kiss was in it and my friend just about died. I told her I didn't know they were together and she informed me about all the angst and shippiness that I had somehow missed. I just didn't see those eps I guess. But I have become a big fan of the ship in the past year.

ShimmeringStar
July 23rd, 2005, 11:17 AM
<snip>
Welcome Ayiana. This is about one of the few threads that you can talk about the relationship (“ship”) between Sam and Jack. The good, the bad, and the ugly! In the past year and a half that I’ve been here we’ve gone up and down and back around regarding the ship. It’s a wonderful place to be able to be able to share your concerns, your rants, your highs and your lows with like-minded people. :)

Now in answer to your question… IMOHO we encompass every end of the S/J ship spectrum, from liking it a wee bit, to liking it a heck of a lot. For some it’s the sole reason they watch, for others, a very minor reason. For me, it wasn’t the S/J ship that got me hooked on the show. It was the ‘original’ team - their humor, the way they interacted with one another… I liked the stories, the SFX, the basic premise of the show… and the S/J ship was just the icing on my SG1 cupcake. :)

ShimmeringStar
July 23rd, 2005, 11:22 AM
Delphi Forum? What was that?
Delphi was where Darren formerly had the forum at. It was a different set up. I lurked here when it was still Delphi & *much* prefer how the forum looks now. (It switched to the current format at the very end of April 2004.)

ShimmeringStar
July 23rd, 2005, 11:31 AM
Just messing around in Photoshop to see what I can come up with for ShipDay… Got a few nice things done & in messing with this for the Thunk thread I thought I'd caption it for in here…

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v470/ShimmeringStar214/MiscSamJack/Forsakensuperheroes.jpg

ShimmeringStar
July 23rd, 2005, 11:35 AM
Got the urge for another sigpic....

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v470/ShimmeringStar214/GWsigpix/Singing.jpg

Click Here to see it bigger (1200x277 pixels) (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v470/ShimmeringStar214/MiscSamJack/Singing1200x277.jpg)

Sam_o_Neill
July 23rd, 2005, 11:56 AM
lol!! Great sig pic Shimmering Star!! :D:D

and Bille Thank you for the shippy dream sequence! I needed that! :D

I still haven't been able to read the posts properly tho because I haven't been able to see Avalon 2 yet and I don't want to read any spoilers before I watch it....

m_wendy_r
July 23rd, 2005, 12:25 PM
:D glad you do! I was just talking about the good old days yesterday with 'thelittlesis' when we meet up lol! Aaawww that is so nice *is drowned in custard by the cunning Wendy so she strikes back by throwing over thousands of shipper cookies* ;)!

Thank you, I find out tomorrow which hospital I am going too! :eek: :D

I will, I will! :) I am all in a shippy mood so I am definitely ready for it. Last night I watched Grace! I love that episode… that kiss is just so great :) .

Oh and my thoughts are with everyone who were effected by the events that happened in London today too. I have only this minute just heard about it! I was out all day! :(

~Tracey~

Cool! I remember thelittlesis. That's so great.

I know you will be fine. Everything will be okay :) Trust me!

ooooh I love how it's a dream in a dream, that whole scene with Jack is great and he's so supportive, Love it

Wendy
Hugs :)

m_wendy_r
July 23rd, 2005, 12:27 PM
Yeah! Definately pure diamond! :D

Will and Grace was good tonight :) I thought Will was really sweet in the last one where he danced with Karen..:)

I did mean bath :) and it was very nice thank you :D

((((((((((((((((((((Wendy)))))))))))))))))))))))

Absolutely. I'm looking forward to every scene that he is in.

Awww, it was cute, and especially the kiss. I like the choir as well, I like singing you see. :)

Your welcome, and I'm pleased you enjoyed it! :D

Wendy

m_wendy_r
July 23rd, 2005, 12:31 PM
Hey m_wendy_r :)

Welcome in anticipation of your visit to London! I too am sure you will be okay :) I was on duty near to the The Oval where one of the incidents occured today, I couldn't believe it when the call came through, just too scary to think the events of a couple of weeks ago could happen again.

After my mad day at work it's so nice to come home and catch up on all the shippy gossip, and sounds like some good stuff about S9! ;) I haven't read the details so I'm gonna look at it through my rose tinted shipper glasses and pretend that its JACK THAT COMING BACK!! :p :p ok, indulge me my shipper friends it's been a long and scary day :)

As for shipper day....plans are a foot!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

Hugs to all the shipper family

(((((((((SHIPPER FAMILY))))))))))))

Hey Billie,

You've obviously kept some calmness about and you should be proud of yourself. Thank you, I know I will be, I'll be scared and anxious but I won't let that stop me. :)

As for Ship Day, I'm planning on baking a cake... hee

Wendy

m_wendy_r
July 23rd, 2005, 12:34 PM
I've been lurking here for a couple of months now, getting a feel for the way things work, and I've finally decided to come out of hiding to say hello to everybody. I'm actually a transplant from the JAG fandom, and it feels a little strange to be venturing out with a new show - kind of like the first day at a new school when I was a kid. :)

I watched all 8 previous season of SG-1 within about 2 months. I'm thinking that puts me firmly in the category of the obsessed. I am, despite my determination not to get caught up in another ship, hopelessly addicted to the idea of Sam and Jack. You'd think I'd have learned my lesson from 9 agonizing years waiting for Harm and Mac to get together on JAG, but apparently not. I wonder if it's a genetic defect...

I already run a readers' choice archive for the JAG fandom, as well as a message board for fanfiction authors and my own website with my JAG fanfic, so I'm thinking I must be a little bit nuts to be adding something else to my hobby list. Unfortunately, my muse tends to ignore my kicking and screaming, and keeps sending SG-1 plot bunny after plot bunny to plague my dreams. In a futile attempt to get her to leave me alone, I've finally written my first SG-1 fic, "Issues," which is archived here at Gateworld and which brings me, finally, to my questions.

Can anybody recommend other places where I should publish my SG-1 fics? Are there any message boards out there where fics can be posted, or only archives and email lists? Are there any other places besides here at Gateworld where a lot of S/J shippers hang out? Any and all advice for the newbie is much appreciated. :)

Hey Ayianna, I love the name.

I used to post fanfiction on heliopolis.net if that is still the address. Hang on, I'll fetch it...

http://www.sg1-heliopolis.com/

That is literally a stargate fanfic site.

Wendy

dmovies
July 23rd, 2005, 12:45 PM
Welcome Ayiana. This is about one of the few threads that you can talk about the relationship (“ship”) between Sam and Jack. The good, the bad, and the ugly! In the past year and a half that I’ve been here we’ve gone up and down and back around regarding the ship. It’s a wonderful place to be able to be able to share your concerns, your rants, your highs and your lows with like-minded people. :)

Now in answer to your question… IMOHO we encompass every end of the S/J ship spectrum, from liking it a wee bit, to liking it a heck of a lot. For some it’s the sole reason they watch, for others, a very minor reason. For me, it wasn’t the S/J ship that got me hooked on the show. It was the ‘original’ team - their humor, the way they interacted with one another… I liked the stories, the SFX, the basic premise of the show… and the S/J ship was just the icing on my SG1 cupcake. :)
I didn't start watching the show for the ship. I just love sci fi and was wondering how RDA would do in the role. I loved it from the get go. But eventually I noticed the thing was leaning towards the ship and I loved it even more! I can't see how anyone could like the last 2 weeks of whatever this was suppose to be. Daniel and Tea'k aren't even sounding or acting like themselves. Doen't help that is saw 'The Island' yesterday and that was just great SciFi!

m_wendy_r
July 23rd, 2005, 12:49 PM

I agree with Shimmering Star.

I started to watch the show because I like the team and the way they interacted, the Sam and Jack Ship came naturally of course. I must admit I do watch it for that, but it's not the only reason, it's a big reason, but not the only one.

I'm a science-fiction fan so I like others like Star Trek, Babylon 5, V, Lost in Space, The Outer Limits... the list is endless. So I like the scientific techno stuff and the special effects.

And the music...

Did I mention I like the ship....? :D

Wendy

ST-1
July 23rd, 2005, 02:10 PM
(((((((((SHIPPER FAMILY))))))))) I know it's been a tough couple of weeks for us, and it was with that in mind that I penned my lastest shippy fanfic (shipfic?) :

Someday (http://www.gateworld.net/fanfic/archive/38/someday.html)

Because SOMEDAY, the ship will sail again! :p Read, enjoy, and if you want to, let me know what you think! :o

scjon
July 23rd, 2005, 03:34 PM
(((((((((SHIPPER FAMILY))))))))) I know it's been a tough couple of weeks for us, and it was with that in mind that I penned my lastest shippy fanfic (shipfic?) :

Someday (http://www.gateworld.net/fanfic/archive/38/someday.html)

Because SOMEDAY, the ship will sail again! :p Read, enjoy, and if you want to, let me know what you think! :o

ST-1, I've just read this and I think it's a really great fic. I'd recommend it to everyone!

I like the idea of both polls for Ship Day and think it would be a good idea for the day to last as long as possible. If it's practical so members of the Ship family can all celebrate for the day

sg-1fanintn
July 23rd, 2005, 03:55 PM
sg-1fanintn is absolutely correct in saying that SG-A is better than SG-1. It hurts me to say so since SG-1 is my first love. Still...I'm giving S9 a chance. Once AT gets back it's got to be better. I also have a hard time believing that she would stick with something that's on such rocky terrain. Also, Jack is back next week!!!
I haven't always thought it was better. SG-1 is my first love too. But right now, SGA is hotter, better paced and better written! Hurry back, Sam!

You can express almost any opinion here, as long as you do it politely, and it will be accepted/tolerated. We're such a nice group! As to your question, no, I don't watch SG-1 mainly for the ship. I love lots of sci-fi, and always have. In fact, when I first started watching the show, I liked the fact that Sam was a wholy formed character without any particular attachment to any of the men. Besides that, she didn't flaunt her sexuality through costuming or actions. She was smart, professional and had a lot of respect for herself. You see that so rarely on TV that it was really refreshing.

I also wasn't drawn to the show because of RDA. I never watched McGyver, and wasn't really a fan of his. I had just heard a lot about what a good sci-fi show it was, and hubby and I became fans.

Now, some six years later (We don't have Showtime, so we saw it first in syndication), my motivations for watching are the same.....and different. First, I am now a huge fan of RDA and AT. I really appreciate their talent, and after virtually ignoring him for 20 years, I now think he's one of the sexiest men on the planet! AT has just gotten prettier over the years, and I think she is one of the most gifted actresses I've ever seen. Even the subtlest nuances are understandable, because of the way she plays them.

And, the S/J ship has become extremely important to me. It has grown naturally and slowly, and these two actors have played it so well that they have convinced me that the characters truly belong together. I want my official resolution and acknowledgement of that!!!!!!

As I've said before, I'm not getting interested in any other ship dangled at me by TPTB. I'm interested in this one ship, because I believe it HAS TO BE that way. I can wait a little longer, but I can't accept these two people with anyone else.....because any resolution that doesn't include S/J together doesn't make sense with what I have witnessed over the past six years!

Whew! What a mouthful! Sorry if I went on too long, but that essay was just itching to get out!

Catysg1
July 23rd, 2005, 04:13 PM
Howdy, Ayiana!

I can't remember how long ago I started watching SG-1, but I was quite young--about 10/11, I think (and even then I loved the S/J romance :p). But I do remember that from the very first time I saw it I began to adore the character of Jack O'Neill. I won't lie when I say I've primarily watched the show for Jack. He makes me laugh and RDA is a wonderful actor. If it hadn't been for his face on screen, I probably would have watched it when I could be bothered, from time to time, but never with the, er, obsession and love that I have done for the past six years. ;) But there again I am going to watch season 9 when it hits the UK so it can't all be about him.

But yes, with Jack came the S/J ship, and I loved it! Unlike you, although I do enjoy different aspects of Stargate, I don't think I'll be as content in season 9 without the ship. Let me rephrase that... I won't be content if there's no emotion between the main characters. I don't think it's the actual romance that captures my imagination, it's the emotion. And despite the teary moments relating to Teal'c and Daniel, one of the best sources for emotion and feelings in the show, for me, centres around Sam and Jack's relationship and predicament.

I do watch SG-1 for other reasons. The "fantasy" genre--the abnormal and unknown--sucks me in like a big whoppin' black hole. In addition, I love action and adventure and the fighting scenes. But to me the best episodes come as a package. Action/capture/adventure usually leads to angst/hurt/danger, which brings about comfort/reassurance/honesty, which in the case of Sam and Jack equals SHIP. These are episodes such as Upgrades, Message in a Bottle, Into the Fire, Solitudes, Metamorphosis, Heroes and Lost City.

What I'm trying to say is that without emotion the episodes with or without their fancy ships, unusual aliens and big shiny guns don't mean a thing. Threads and Grace to me are two of the best episodes they've made, merely because of how sentimental they are (and even more emotional was Abyss, which is my absolute favourite due to Jack's pain and Daniel's comforting presence). Even in Window of Opportunity, which was one of my most humorous TV moments ever, the best, most powerful scene involved Jack shouting that he'd "lost his son" and seeing the reactions play across the faces of the three other SG-1 members.

So yeah, I do watch Stargate for the ship--because to me it's one of the most prominent and central sources for emotion and feelings in the show. It's rich in angst (aren't I nice? :D). And whatever new dynamics they introduce to us in season nine, I somehow doubt they could ever replace the depth of our favourite pair's feelings for the other... Mitchell or no Mitchell as a newly-intergrated part of the team.

Anyway, folks, it's good to be back, once again indulging Sam and Jack shippiness! :D I have a lot in this thread to read! What's Avalon like?

Silver :) you are my twin sister ....Just like me ...can't say anything else ...All you said is what I fell :)

Caty:)

Catysg1
July 23rd, 2005, 04:21 PM

I agree with that SES ...I liked Jonas too because he had to prove himself ...but Cameron seems to be a heroe and we saw nothing of what he actually did on screen ..This is so lame ...it's probably because BB is more famous than CN !!!! :rolleyes: it makes me sick :rolleyes: :(

LONG LIVE JONAS . He was the best new regular added character to the SG1 show
:)
Caty :)

Catysg1
July 23rd, 2005, 04:23 PM
Jonas was great to the show in season 6 :)

sg-1fanintn
July 23rd, 2005, 04:31 PM
I apologize for reposting my own post, but Nell and I are working on a project, and we need your opinion/decisions, so we can make our special surprise work for Ship Day. I hope most everyone will visit the thread by Sunday evening, so we can make a decision, and Nell can send invitations to some special guests on Monday.

Speaking of Ship Day, Nell and I are still working on our little project for that day, and to complete it, we need to be able to tell a few people what the name of the thread is going to be in advance (so they know what to look for), where it will be located and what time it will be available. I couldn't find Ship Nana, so I contacted Skydiver, and she said it would be fine for Nell or me to open the thread.

I'll be glad to open the thread, if that's ok with the rest of the family. Here's what I propose:

We Call It: 3rd Annual Sam/Jack Ship Day Thread

(Per Skydiver's suggestion, the first sentence of the first post will note that it is a temporary special event thread.)

We Put It: Under Characters & Relationships

We Open It: 12-midnight Eastern Daylight Time on Thursday, July 28

I'm just proposing this as a starting point. I realize that with so many Europeans in the family, 12-midnight Eastern Time doesn't mean much. So, I'm still looking for opinions on when it ought to open.

SueKay mentioned that in the past, the thread has been opened at midnight, Australian time. One more question: If it's midnight, the start of June 28th in New York, New York, what time is if in Australia? European time/date I can calculate, but I'm not sure about Australia!!!! Help!

Or, do we open it at Midnight Eastern Time, US?
How about Midnight London Time (That would be 7pm Eastern, I believe)?
Another Time Zone?

And we could even wait until 12-midnight Pacific Time to close it, if you all wish.....which would be more than 24 hours.

Or, we could pick a time zone and just go 24 hours from when July 28 arrives there.

I'm sorry to keep bothering you with all these decisions. But Nell and I are trying to create a nice surprise for the day, and we just kinda need to have this info in order to invite our special guests!

We made a decision on creating a separate thread in about 24 hours. Can we make this one that way too? Please weigh in with your opinion by lunchtime Saturday.....wherever you are!!!!

Nell and I thank you so much for your indulgence on this!

Catysg1
July 23rd, 2005, 04:33 PM
Hey Ayiana!

Don't worry - no offense caused.

For me? Ship is not the main draw...it's just the one that I talk about the most as I don't really fit in with the sciency types. I just feel that without Jack, the show's lost a certain 'oomph' and I feel qualitatively that the show's slowly going downhill...My favourite episodes aren't normally shippy, as long as they're good character-driven episodes. For instance...I love Daniel episodes and I love most of the Teal'c episodes...yet I cannot stand watching Grace...even for that kiss!!!

Me , I don't need to see ship ..or romantic ship to like an episode but I like to see the 2 main characters I love interact with each other ...as working partners or personal stuff... I don't mind ..whatever !!!! BUT it will never happen with Sam and Jack anymore on screen unless a miracle !!!!. They are my 2 main beloved characters of the show the same as Mac & Harm are in JAG . ...the same as Mulder & Scully are in x-files , the same as Kate & Jack are in Lost ...The same as Roxton & Marguerite are in the Lost world , the same as John Koening & Helena Russel were in space 1999 .
What I'm trying to say is the romantic aspect of the show drove me straight in the passion for the sci fi show not the other way round :)

With one of them gone or both of them gone ..the show is for me not so interesting ....I love sci-fi but only because they relate it to reality specially on the human aspect ....FEELINGS .
otherwise I would watch documentaries ...about Aliens /Aliens abductions .

Caty :)

ses110
July 23rd, 2005, 05:28 PM
Caty I though the Jonas situation was handled very badly.I though Season 6 was very good and Jonas should have been kept on the Show.TPTB had the chance to make it right this Year and went in another direction.I would have Loved to see Jonas Hailey Dixon or Reynolds get the spot on SG-1.

ShimmeringStar
July 23rd, 2005, 05:39 PM
I apologize for reposting my own post, but Nell and I are working on a project, and we need your opinion/decisions, so we can make our special surprise work for Ship Day. I hope most everyone will visit the thread by Sunday evening, so we can make a decision, and Nell can send invitations to some special guests on Monday.
Do you have a graphic for the first post yet? I agree with the 12 midnight EST (U.S.) starting time. It worked out fine last year. Whichever time zone you start it in, it’ll have to end in that zone 24 hours later. (Oh – I think it was Shipperahoy (ShipMum), one of our wonderful GW mods, who you probably were looking for in your earlier post about thread-starting, not ShipNana) (Though it would be wonderful to see ShipNana again!)

The 2nd Annual Ship Day Thread (7/28/04) as Bev (dips of jazz) posted for anyone who is interested:
http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=2698&highlight=annual+shipper

Here’s a blurb if you want it for the first post…. (Though you’ve probably already got something wonderful cooked up!:))

Happy 3rd Annual Ship Day!

Sam/Jack Ship Day started on GateWorld’s Forum to commemorate the first airing of Divide and Conquer (http://www.gateworld.net/sg1/s4/405.shtml)
5 years ago (originally airing in the U.S. on July 28, 2000). For many S/J Shippers this episode is a favorite for the confessions that Sam and Jack made to each other acknowledging the deeper feelings they held for one another.

This thread is for PRO-Sam/Jack Ship comments, opinions, pix, graphics, and celebration. Please do not post here if you do not like or are against this pairing. There are two threads for anti-sentiments or general discussion: ANTI-S/J Thread (http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=314) and the SHIP Discussion Thread (http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=88) should you wish to voice your opinion.

This celebration thread is open for 24 hours only.

nell
July 23rd, 2005, 05:47 PM
Do you have a graphic for the first post yet? I agree with the 12 midnight EST (U.S.) starting time. It worked out fine last year. Whichever time zone you start it in, it’ll have to end in that zone 24 hours later. (Oh – I think it was Shipperahoy (ShipMum), one of our wonderful GW mods, who you probably were looking for in your earlier post about thread-starting, not ShipNana) (Though it would be wonderful to see ShipNana again!)

The 2nd Annual Ship Day Thread (7/28/04) as Bev (dips of jazz) posted for anyone who is interested:

Here’s a blurb if you want it for the first post…. (Though you’ve probably already got something wonderful cooked up!:))

Sam/Jack Ship Day started on GateWorld’s Forum to commemorate the first airing of Divide and Conquer (http://www.gateworld.net/sg1/s4/405.shtml)
5 years ago (originally airing in the U.S. on July 28, 2000). For many S/J Shippers this episode is a favorite for the confessions that Sam and Jack made to each other acknowledging the deeper feelings they held for one another.

This thread is for PRO-Sam/Jack Ship comments, opinions, pix, graphics, and celebration. Please do not post here if you do not like or are against this pairing. There are two threads for anti-sentiments or general discussion: ANTI-S/J Thread (http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=314) and the SHIP Discussion Thread (http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=88) should you wish to voice your opinion.

ShimmeringStar, thanks for your guidance. Your greeting is very good and if it's worked before why should we reinvent the wheel? **I know, cliches!!!**Question: In the past, was the Ship Day thread spoiler free? IOW, were spoiler tags used for recent and current seasons?

majorsal
July 23rd, 2005, 06:38 PM

hi, sg1fanintn. ;)

(i saw your command to s/j shippers on the sam thread :p)

so... what's your exact question?

sally :D

Myrth
July 23rd, 2005, 06:56 PM
if it's any help, 12midnight in Australia, Sydney time is around about 10am the previous day in NY.. I think.

So if it's midnight Saturday (going into sunday) it's usually 10am on Saturday morning in NY.

gatewatcher
July 23rd, 2005, 07:05 PM

ses. I was a bit disappointed is Avalon 1 and 2. I'm giving the season a chance, kind of interested in the Orii, but..... Vala's death by fire scene was a bit much......and the many references to sex that Vala spouts off about are too My kids watch Stargate and they know the voilence is not real we have had many discussions about it.........but all the sexual inuendo (spelling???) and Vala's boobs I do not believe are all necessary. Now, mind you, I'm not a prude, but ......................
I know you gentlemen are probably loving the look of Vala, but am I the only one that feels this way? I wrote more and them deleted it...........off my soap box.

I'll just go dream about Sam and Jack and create what I want to see in my own mind. Night Shipper Family!!!

ses110
July 23rd, 2005, 07:37 PM
gatewatcher I'll take Sam any Day of the week.Vala does not do much for me.I remember the Anise character taking alot of Heat and IMO Anise was not as bad as Vala.The Vala character reminder me of all the Male characters falling for Sam.Speaking of which it's almost time to see Barrett again.Just great.One good thing is when Barrett asks out Sam again for the 10 time I cannot wait for what Sam has to say to Barrett.This may sound mean but I want to see Barrett get rejected again by Sam.Maybe he'll finally get the message Sam is not interested.

sg-1fanintn
July 23rd, 2005, 07:56 PM
hi, sg1fanintn. ;)

(i saw your command to s/j shippers on the sam thread :p)

so... what's your exact question?

sally :D

Oh, honey, it wasn't a command! It was a request. Do I sound like a Goa'uld to you? I hope not! Nell and I have hatched a plan for a surprise for Ship Day, and we just needed to know what the name of the thread is and when it would be started, etc., so we could invite some special guests. Since we're newbies, we're pretty ignorant of the processes, so I just put out a request for input so we could go ahead with the process for our surprise.

You're one of the people who always knows best. I'd really appreciate your input!

nell
July 23rd, 2005, 08:16 PM
gatewatcher I'll take Sam any Day of the week.Vala does not do much for me.I remember the Anise character taking alot of Heat and IMO Anise was not as bad as Vala.The Vala character reminder me of all the Male characters falling for Sam.Speaking of which it's almost time to see Barrett again.Just great.One good thing is when Barrett asks out Sam again for the 10 time I cannot wait for what Sam has to say to Barrett.This may sound mean but I want to see Barrett get rejected again by Sam.Maybe he'll finally get the message Sam is not interested.

Well, I don't mind if he...Avalon asks her out. He's kind of cute! But, the reason I want her to say no is because she is "in a relationship." To which Barrett replies, "So it's true!" :p

mad_gater
July 23rd, 2005, 08:21 PM

LOL!! Yup....could Daniel's words travel, they'd make it to Atlantis before the Daedalus...:P:D

Buc252
July 23rd, 2005, 08:23 PM

<snip>

I watched - when I did - for a few reasons, most of which would have to be Jack. IMO, this has always been Jack's story. And from the start, I fell for Jack and all his foibles and failings. And yes, the S/J became important to me, not just because I'm a shipper at heart (regardless of the show) but because it involved Jack. If it had been Daniel or Teal'c, I wouldn't have "shipped" nearly so hard.

That being said, it makes sense that now, in S9, I'd have lost interest in the show. That plus I really feel TPTB have treated the fans who are shippers badly, of course.

Daniel started out as an amusing character, and through S4, I liked him okay, although never got "into" the Danielcentric eps much. Then he turned a corner and became a character I not only couldn't stomach, but just wanted to see gone or SHUT UP! I think it was - again, going back to my view of Jack - his lack of respect for him and the command structure. Yes, Daniel was always running off against orders, but in the earlier seasons, it had an innocence about it. After S4, it was more like he was giving Jack the finger as he went off on his own. That being my view on it, it also makes sense that I have no desire to see a season dedicated to "the greatness that is Daniel." (Okay, another one, since S7 pretty much was this, too)

And while I like Teal'c fine, I don't think the character is strong enough to carry the show or even be front and center. Nothing against Chris or the character, but there's just something not . . . attention grabbing about the whole Jaffa thing. I can't really explain it.

Now, if they'd brought back Jonas this season, I confess, I might still be watching. This was a character I could really get interested in. He was interesting, passionate, and you could *care* about him and what he was going through. Not Jack, but between he and the rest, they might have managed better. But they also should have kept at least *some* things that were familiar. Coming up with four out of six and a half (i'm giving Sam/Amanda the half status, although I know it was more like 3/4), plus all new villains, was just biting off too much.

The one thing that *never* interested me with SG1 was the traditional sci-fi stuff. For me, it was always the character-driven parts that captured and held my interest. If I want to see people shooting at each other in space or weird-looking aliens, I can put SW or any of a zillion other movies into my DVD player. People's personal interaction - that's what captures my interest.

So the show lost Jack. And thereby, lost the S/J ship. Daniel became less likable. Jonas disappeared. Teal'c's storyline never captured me to begin with, and I don't care for shoot-em-ups. Given that as the state-of-being, there's not much on SG1 for me anymore.

All the above is just MO in response to Ayiana's post, and not intended to offend anybody.

trupi
July 23rd, 2005, 08:33 PM
LOL!! Yup....could Daniel's words travel, they'd make it to Atlantis before the Daedalus...:P:D
If Daniel speaks any quicker he'll break the sound barrier, speed of light and they will no longer need Asgard technology to get them anywhere. They will make a recording of his voice to power the ships!-boom :p
PS Thank You for your informative PM!

mad_gater
July 23rd, 2005, 08:34 PM
Howdy, Ayiana!

*grumbles*

Am I the only one that had to be mentally bludgeoned with WoO and D&C before I realized there was S/J ship?

Yup....I'm Shipper Town's village idiot...:P:D

Buc252
July 23rd, 2005, 08:34 PM
Howdy, Ayiana!

This was a great post, Silver, and I agree with all of it. It occurred to me when reading the second to the last paragraph that a lot of us *do* watch just for the ship - but not just for Sam and Jack's romantic relationship, but for *ALL* the relationships - meaning the emotions - between the characters we know so well. That's the one part of the show that's been suffering this year and last.

mad_gater
July 23rd, 2005, 08:44 PM

*pounces, knocks over, and huggles the stuffing out of SS*

SS!!!! HAVEN'T SEEN YOU AROUND IN AWHILE!!!! :):)

mad_gater
July 23rd, 2005, 08:48 PM
Jonas was great to the show in season 6 :)

I agree....should've brought Jonas back!

ses110
July 23rd, 2005, 08:57 PM
Mary as usual were on the same page.You comments on Daniel and Teal'c are on target.I mentioned earlier Today I think the Jaffa rebellion is hurting the Show and the Teal'c character.I cannot remember that many people saying they liked the Jaffa rebellion story.I also liked Daniel from Season 1-4 and now he gets on my nerves more often than not.I just think Daniel and Teal'c do not bring enough to the Show to be leading characters.There were very few dull moments with Jack around.In regards to Jonas I always though Jonas was more of a Team player than Daniel.

sg-1fanintn
July 23rd, 2005, 10:00 PM

Shimmering Star, thanks for the suggested text! I have copied and pasted it into a document on my desktop, so it will be readily available Wednesday night. You saved me some time and effort. Thanks so much! And yes, I'm working on a graphic.....although if someone else has something that should appear in the first post, that would be great! I'm not as advanced in creating all the layers some of you do in Photoshop (*makes note to work on that*). I just can't do some of the truly intricate things some of you do.

And Myrth, thanks for translating the time for me. I always get confused about the International Date Line!

So, shippers, do we attempt to have S/J Ship Day from the start of July 28th in Australia until the end of July 28th in Europe? That would be more than 24 hours.....but we are an international group.

Or, do we pick a time zone (such as Eastern Daylight Time in the U.S) and go 24 hours from there?

LOL4JACK
July 23rd, 2005, 10:07 PM
As I've said before, I'm not getting interested in any other ship dangled at me by TPTB. I'm interested in this one ship, because I believe it HAS TO BE that way. I can wait a little longer, but I can't accept these two people with anyone else.....because any resolution that doesn't include S/J together doesn't make sense with what I have witnessed over the past six years!

Wow SG-1fanintn, you've said it so nice and perfectly, I also think that my intrested on the ship at this point is it HAS TO BE Jack and Sam deserve to be together after all these years, TPTB owe it to them and tu us :p

LOL4JACK
July 23rd, 2005, 10:14 PM
400 post!!! :D I remember when I was just a primta'h celebrating my passing to mature symbiot :o snif, snif....

Time to do my milestone dance

http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/5/5_5_138.gifhttp://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/5/5_5_138.gif

Any body else around to celebrate with me? we need some dancing in this thread :D

Edited to include Nell in the milestone celebration... congrats Nell!!!!!!!!

nell
July 23rd, 2005, 10:32 PM
400 post!!! :D I remeber when I was just a primta'h celebrating my passing to mature symbiot :o snif, snif....

http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/5/5_5_138.gif

Any body else around to celebrate with me? we need some dancing in this thread :D

LOL4JACK,
I will join you in a celebratory dance because it is my 400 post, too!!!

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y209/cilljill/8x0120-2000336.jpg
Walter thinks to himself: It's General O'Neill's retirement party. I wonder if he'll finally ask Carter for a dance?
Jack: Sam, will you dance with me?
Walter grins!

trupi
July 23rd, 2005, 10:34 PM
400 post!!! :D I remeber when I was just a primta'h celebrating my passing to mature symbiot :o snif, snif....

http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/5/5_5_138.gif

Congrats! Many more posts!

Mr and Mrs. Jackie and Sammy Penguin

LOL4JACK
July 23rd, 2005, 10:37 PM
I think that's enough! That's great, I'm foreign language stupid, wish I could speak one other but pretty good understanding somethings in Italian and Spanish. Just be aware that the Convention atmosphere is not always shippy. That's why we like to meet up with shippers. We watch each others sixes. I found out the hard way last year.
Trupi, thanks for watching my six :D I guess there won't be any ship in the CON, all guys and not interested in it, I've read so far that MS and CJ don't give their opinion regarding the ship, but it will still be nice to be there.

For ship we need to go to a CON with Amanda, maybe London :D

Anybody else going to the CON in New Jersey? 3 shippers on the list so far, Shimmering, Trupi and myself, we'll be watching your sixes :p

trupi
July 23rd, 2005, 10:40 PM
Trupi, thanks for watching my six :D I guess there won't be any ship in the CON, all guys and not interested in it, I've read so far that MS and CJ don't give their opinion regarding the ship, but it will still be nice to be there.

For ship we need to go to a CON with Amanda, maybe London :D

Anybody else going to the CON in New Jersey? 3 shippers on the list so far, Shimmering, Trupi and myself, we'll be watching your sixes :p
Is Sugarshaker not going?

sg-1fanintn
July 23rd, 2005, 11:08 PM
Congratulations, Nell, on 400 posts!

Congratulations, LOL4JACK, on 400 posts!

And now, on that note, I must bid you all a fond farewell for the night. I have to get up in the morning, and Harry Potter is calling my name (Hubby, meanwhile, is asleep in the recliner!).

Good night, North America!
Good morning, Europe!
G'day, Australia!

LOL4JACK
July 23rd, 2005, 11:20 PM
Is Sugarshaker not going?
Oops, confused my Ssssss :D Sugarshaker, not Shimmering..... bad, Dobby, bad :p, oops, mixed up HP with SG

I'm getting old with 400 post :o

nell
July 23rd, 2005, 11:22 PM
Congratulations, Nell, on 400 posts!

Congratulations, LOL4JACK, on 400 posts!

And now, on that note, I must bid you all a fond farewell for the night. I have to get up in the morning, and Harry Potter is calling my name (Hubby, meanwhile, is asleep in the recliner!).

Good night, North America!
Good morning, Europe!
G'day, Australia!

Thanks. Hey, remember to nudge your hubby to go to bed! :D

Billie
July 23rd, 2005, 11:50 PM
Morning all :)

Billie, Billie, Billie, You hit my Shipper spot with those caps!!!! :p Now I'm "snurching" (is that the term for "borrowing"?) those pics for future picture stories. Incidentally, for Ship Day I will try to post an occasional picture story and I encourage you, too, because you are sooooo good at this!!!! ;)

Thanks nell, fellow pic story legend!! :D Feel free to snurch away!
I do have piccy plans afoot for ship day *she says with a cheeky glint in her eye!!*...can't wait!! :p

Just got in from work and so it's actually goodnight for me but I will be back to play later!

See yas :)

florence
July 24th, 2005, 12:28 AM
Sorry, I haven't been here for a while but I'll be here on Ship Day, that's sure ! :D

Okay, to make it short...

Welcome to newbies ! I hope you'll have as much fun in this thread as I have had since I joined the Ship Family !

Congrats on 400 nell and LOL4JACK ! And any other milestones I could have missed.

As for Ship Day, when and how much time it should be, here's my opinion : if we have to make it a 24 hour event, let's do it on US timezone.
I'm working so I won't be able to join you the 1st night (European time), probably not much during the day (although I'll probably be able to take some time at work to have a look at GW ;) ), but I'll be here after work until... very late ! :p (it doesn't matter if I'm tired at work the next day, it will be my last work day before holidays ! :D )
What I'm trying to say is that with US timezone, everyone can be here at some time, whether they are in Australia, Europe or America (at least I think... these timezones get me a bit confused ! :p)

Silver
July 24th, 2005, 03:01 AM
*grumbles*

Am I the only one that had to be mentally bludgeoned with WoO and D&C before I realized there was S/J ship?

Ohhh no, don't be silly! One of the first episodes I watched (as an 11/12 year old) was Solitudes and for a while I didn't see the S/J interaction as shippy... I just enjoyed the friendship between them and the care they had to give. :) I think the first episode I watched where I thought 'Oooh, they look like they have strong personal feelings for each other' was Into the Fire. But bear in mind that my mind has long since been corrupted... :D

That was probably the doing of Divide and Conquer! And now I see anything S/J as shippy! But I'm not complaining! :D

sueKay
July 24th, 2005, 03:43 AM
Hello!!!!

After reading the Daniel comments, I have to add my tuppence worth.

I stayed over at Mishy's last night for a Stargat Marathon (Mishy's a shipper family member, but she hasn't been on in a while)

While we watched the one where Sam blows up the sun (I'd never seen it before!) I mentioned how I didn't like Daniel anymore. She agreed...Daniel was AWESOME in season one and two. He was okay in three, four and five...when he came back in season seven...He was barely watchable...as a result...the J/D relationship suffered and to be honest...the J/D friendship is a bigger draw for me than S/J ship. And that drive is gone for me now.

As for Teal'c...I agree..the rebellion is smothering his character and Assinity was just a humiliation for him. I loved seeing teal'c adjust to be more than the show's 'token' Jaffa. For instance, the scene in cold Lazarus where he watches the TV is CLASSIC! As is the Season four Fishing Scene where Teal'c remarks:

"We have caught nothing. We are fishing."

LOL

THAT'S what this show is lacking. I do think the show can succeed without Jack and Sam as Daniel has a massive fanbase and most people love Teal'c. But they need to get back to what both of those actors are good at...not just giving them some P90s and hoping for the best. They also need to look back in order to look forward. They can't just erase the fisr eight seasons...they can learn a lot by look at the mistakes *cough cough* Pete *cough cough* Anise *cough cough* plot holes *cough cough* they made...seems to me they are repearing those mistakes once more.

Mitchell - my nice guy...just like they tried to make Pete.
Vala - oversexed and underdressed...she's even more bimbo-esque than Anise.
Flashbacks - just plain bad writing!

Okay...mini rant over...but you get the idea!

girlgater
July 24th, 2005, 06:38 AM
400 post!!! :D I remember when I was just a primta'h celebrating my passing to mature symbiot :o snif, snif....

http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/5/5_5_138.gifhttp://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/5/5_5_138.gif

Congrats LOL4JACK and Nell!!

nell
July 24th, 2005, 07:01 AM
Congrats LOL4JACK and Nell!!

Good Morning, Good Afternoon, Good Evening, Shippers wherever you are!!!

Thanks girlgater, sg-1fanintn, florence, LOL4JACK. Posting here is fun!!! :D

We are getting closer to the 3rd Annual Sam/Jack Ship Day on July 28. A time to share opinions and feelings about our favorite couple and the series, have fun, be a little creative, reacquaint with old friends and welcome new friends. So, try to visit as often as you can during that 24-hour period!!! ;)

LOL4JACK
July 24th, 2005, 07:22 AM
Good Morning, Good Afternoon, Good Evening, Shippers wherever you are!!!

Thanks girlgater, sg-1fanintn, florence, LOL4JACK. Posting here is fun!!! :D

We are getting closer to the 3rd Annual Sam/Jack Ship Day on July 28. A time to share opinions and feelings about our favorite couple and the series, have fun, be a little creative, reacquaint with old friends and welcome new friends. So, try to visit as often as you can during that 24-hour period!!! ;)
Indeed :D, thanks all...!!!! and everything else that Nell said...

Florence, miss you posting around here, is there a Lt Colonel keeping you busy :D ?

Billie
July 24th, 2005, 08:02 AM
Afternoon all! :)

Well, I've finally had time to be original so nell and LOL4JACK this one's for you!! :D

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a57/pcbillie/allegiance9.jpg
Whoa, whoa Carter, slow down...nell and LOL4 JACK have how many posts?

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a57/pcbillie/allegiance3.jpg
400 huh?

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a57/pcbillie/allegiance4.jpg
SWEET!

YAY...congrats you guys! :p

nell
July 24th, 2005, 08:05 AM

Well, I've finally had time to be original so nell and LOL4JACK this one's for you!! :D

400 huh?

SWEET!

Thanks, Billie!!! Cool!!! :cool:

LOL4JACK
July 24th, 2005, 08:30 AM

400 huh?

SWEET!

ROFLMAO :D

((((((Bille))))), should I say Sweet... a la Jack or Squeeee, thanks!

Billie
July 24th, 2005, 08:45 AM
Hi nell! *waves*

So looking forward to ship day and big hugs to you and sg-1fanintn for all your efforts, you are both FAB!!! :p

((((((((nell and sg-1fanintn)))))))))))

Here's a little shippy moment that I found while mooching through the transcripts

It's from S7 space race so will put it in spoilers just in case

O'NEILL: "T ... you comin'?"
TEAL'C: "Major Carter has requested that I remain so that I may assist her."
Both Sam and Jack look surprised. Teal'c smiles. Then simultaneously, they respond.
O'NEILL: "She did?"
CARTER: "I did?"
TEAL'C: "Indeed."
CARTER: "Right ... yes, thank you."
Sam smiles.
TEAL'C: "I do not wish to disappoint Major Carter."
O'NEILL: "Yes ... I know the feeling."
WARRICK: "Shall we?"
O'NEILL: (reluctantly) "Stay in touch."

Hee hee and ..... Squeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!! ;)

I also found this which made me think of the discussions that we had regarding S9 opener Avalon

Now why couldn't Jack have seen Sam dressed like this.........!!!!!!! :p ;)
Click to see!!
http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a57/pcbillie/spacerace.jpg

Billie
July 24th, 2005, 08:45 AM
Hi LOL4JACK too! *waves again*

nell
July 24th, 2005, 08:59 AM
Hi nell! *waves*

So looking forward to ship day and big hugs to you and sg-1fanintn for all your efforts, you are both FAB!!! :p

((((((((nell and sg-1fanintn)))))))))))

Here's a little shippy moment that I found while mooching through the transcripts

It's from S7 space race so will put it in spoilers just in case

O'NEILL: "T ... you comin'?"
TEAL'C: "Major Carter has requested that I remain so that I may assist her."
Both Sam and Jack look surprised. Teal'c smiles. Then simultaneously, they respond.
O'NEILL: "She did?"
CARTER: "I did?"
TEAL'C: "Indeed."
CARTER: "Right ... yes, thank you."
Sam smiles.
TEAL'C: "I do not wish to disappoint Major Carter."
O'NEILL: "Yes ... I know the feeling."
WARRICK: "Shall we?"
O'NEILL: (reluctantly) "Stay in touch."

Hee hee and ..... Squeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!! ;)

I also found this which made me think of the discussions that we had regarding S9 opener Avalon

Now why couldn't Jack have seen Sam dressed like this.........!!!!!!! :p ;)
Click to see!!

Hi Billie! **waves back**
Thanks for sharing! Space Race is one of those episodes that to me wasn't great like Divide and Conquer or Grace or WoO so I tend to overlook it and not watch it ever again. What a mistake because I missed little moments like that. **slaps forehead**

Now that picture of Sam!!! Jack didn't see her dressed like that in Space Race? Where was he? OK, there's a future picture story with this!! Hee, hee!! ;)

Billie
July 24th, 2005, 09:06 AM

Now that picture of Sam!!! Jack didn't see her dressed like that in Space Race? Where was he? OK, there's a future picture story with this!! Hee, hee!! ;)

Whay hey! Looking forward to that one!! ;) Get creating you!!

Sam_o_Neill
July 24th, 2005, 09:10 AM
Hey guys!
I finally got the see Avalon Pt.2! but i've got to say It didn't do anything for me....:( Pt.1 was really funny and we got to see Sam and Jack and a *hint* of ship but Pt.2 IMO we got nothing :S I still like Mitchell, and Vala was good but to be honest it was kinda boring...
and every time they did something I was thinking "ooh Jack would never have done that" or "Jack would kick his ass for that"...I miss Jack! :(

I just can't wait to see Jack next week! I hope we get a bit more of him than we did in Avalon Pt.1!!

Billie
July 24th, 2005, 09:41 AM

nell I'm sorry I just couldn't resist!! :p

Hey Sir.....

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a57/pcbillie/otherguys.jpg
*THUNK* .....Jeez Carter, a little warning would've been good!

Hee hee!!! :p :p

Billie
July 24th, 2005, 09:58 AM
Bye guys, got to go to work I'm afraid *waves trying hard to hide the pout*

Only tonight to go and then I'm off for four days so lots of creating time available in preparation for all things shippy on thursday!! YAY!!! :D

Have fun and see you tomorrow :)

ST-1
July 24th, 2005, 10:12 AM
ST-1, I've just read this and I think it's a really great fic. I'd recommend it to everyone!

Thanks! :o Sadly, my page breaks didn't work. :( And I swear no matter how many times I read, re-read, and spell-check, I still wind up with a few typos. Still not sure how badly I butchered the French parts. :S

Here's the link again, in case anybody missed it: Someday (http://www.gateworld.net/fanfic/archive/38/someday.html) Any and all feedback is appreciated. :cool:

nell
July 24th, 2005, 10:26 AM

Hey Sir.....

Cool!! There are alot more possibilities with these pics!! Hee, hee!! ;)

m_wendy_r
July 24th, 2005, 10:49 AM

Hey Sir.....

LMAO!

I'm afraid no warning would've helped, he was still would've fallen. LOL

Great captions!

Wendy

m_wendy_r
July 24th, 2005, 11:08 AM
Hey guys!
I finally got the see Avalon Pt.2! but i've got to say It didn't do anything for me....:( Pt.1 was really funny and we got to see Sam and Jack and a *hint* of ship but Pt.2 IMO we got nothing :S I still like Mitchell, and Vala was good but to be honest it was kinda boring...
and every time they did something I was thinking "ooh Jack would never have done that" or "Jack would kick his ass for that"...I miss Jack! :(

I just can't wait to see Jack next week! I hope we get a bit more of him than we did in Avalon Pt.1!!

Awww, shame about Part 2, but hey is in the third one. YAY.

I haven't been watching them because I'm in the UK, so if anyone wants to give me a description that'd be cool. Very cool.

I don't mind being spoiler by words.

Wendy

m_wendy_r
July 24th, 2005, 11:11 AM
Bye guys, got to go to work I'm afraid *waves trying hard to hide the pout*

Only tonight to go and then I'm off for four days so lots of creating time available in preparation for all things shippy on thursday!! YAY!!! :D

Have fun and see you tomorrow :)

Have fun at work.

I have four days off too, starting from tomorrow. And on Sunday, I'm going on holiday - through London - to Kent to visit my friend for two weeks, so obviously I'm not going to be on here. :(

But, since I'm off for four days, I am definently going to take the time to do some preparation for Ship Day, just like Billie.

YAY

Wendy
Hugs :D

sueKay
July 24th, 2005, 11:43 AM
Hello people!

Groan...Need sleep...need sleep!

How are we all??

Me? Working on my first ever Atlantis fic, and several S/J fics for Ship Day!

Oh, and d/ling lodsa graphics programs 'cause I'm bored!

m_wendy_r
July 24th, 2005, 11:51 AM
Hello people!

Groan...Need sleep...need sleep!

How are we all??

Me? Working on my first ever Atlantis fic, and several S/J fics for Ship Day!

Oh, and d/ling lodsa graphics programs 'cause I'm bored!

Ooooh, what graphics programs are you downloading?

I'm good, thanks.

Ooooh fic. If I'm honest I've never read any Atlantis fic. But I do read S/J fic.

Wendy

sueKay
July 24th, 2005, 12:08 PM
I've only ever read Astrochick's Atlantis Fanfic...But I'm branching out because the 'new...improved..SG1.5' is sounding suspiciously like one of my dad's yawns!

I'm d/ling HTML editors now from http://www.canadiancontent.net , but I was d/ling some GIF animators!

I've got a brilliant fic idea just lurking in my mind, so I REALLY have o go and write it!

m_wendy_r
July 24th, 2005, 12:27 PM
I've only ever read Astrochick's Atlantis Fanfic...But I'm branching out because the 'new...improved..SG1.5' is sounding suspiciously like one of my dad's yawns!

I'm d/ling HTML editors now from http://www.canadiancontent.net , but I was d/ling some GIF animators!

I've got a brilliant fic idea just lurking in my mind, so I REALLY have o go and write it!

Well, if it that good that you've just go to go and write it right now, then I can't wait to read it. :D

I'm trying to make an Amanda Tapping wallpaper, but since I only have paint you can imagine the horror! :rolleyes: I love making them though so I'm now quite good since I'm always changing my desktop and I never really use anyone elses. To say I use paint they're not bad, just not as good as everyone elses. :P

Wendy

If anybody has any great Amanda piccies, I'd love 'em. Since I only have a few of her on her own. So many with Jack... :D

Twisted Angel (Sam_rules)
July 24th, 2005, 12:30 PM
Cool! I remember thelittlesis. That's so great.

I know you will be fine. Everything will be okay :) Trust me!

ooooh I love how it's a dream in a dream, that whole scene with Jack is great and he's so supportive, Love it

Wendy
Cool, I'll tell her you said hey! :)

Aaaww thanks hun! And I found out where I am going and I am happy 'cos it was where I wanted to go for my 1st placement. I am going to Birmingham’s children's hospital! :)

Yeah me too! Great idea...it's a shame the kiss isn't real, or that we have not gotten a real kiss like that! :(... But there is always hope, or is that just wishful thinking???

~Tracey~

Gatetrixer
July 24th, 2005, 12:38 PM
Hello!!!!

I stayed over at Mishy's last night for a Stargat Marathon (Mishy's a shipper family member, but she hasn't been on in a while)

While we watched the one where Sam blows up the sun (I'd never seen it before!) I mentioned how I didn't like Daniel anymore. She agreed...Daniel was AWESOME in season one and two. He was okay in three, four and five...when he came back in season seven...He was barely watchable...as a result...the J/D relationship suffered and to be honest...the J/D friendship is a bigger draw for me than S/J ship. And that drive is gone for me now.

As for Teal'c...I agree..the rebellion is smothering his character and Assinity was just a humiliation for him. I loved seeing teal'c adjust to be more than the show's 'token' Jaffa. For instance, the scene in cold Lazarus where he watches the TV is CLASSIC! As is the Season four Fishing Scene where Teal'c remarks:

LOL

THAT'S what this show is lacking. I do think the show can succeed without Jack and Sam as Daniel has a massive fanbase and most people love Teal'c. But they need to get back to what both of those actors are good at...not just giving them some P90s and hoping for the best. They also need to look back in order to look forward. They can't just erase the fisr eight seasons...they can learn a lot by look at the mistakes *cough cough* Pete *cough cough* Anise *cough cough* plot holes *cough cough* they made...seems to me they are repearing those mistakes once more.

Someone on either the S9-Avalon thread or JM's, don't remember which, gushed, " This was the best ever!" talking about Avalon. How many seasons had he/she watched FCOL! Any? People like different things so if that fan liked Avalon that's one thing, but the "best" ever. Hard to fathom.

Agree with much of your analysis.

m_wendy_r
July 24th, 2005, 12:43 PM
Cool, I'll tell her you said hey! :)

Aaaww thanks hun! And I found out where I am going and I am happy 'cos it was where I wanted to go for my 1st placement. I am going to Birmingham’s children's hospital! :)

Yeah me too! Great idea...it's a shame the kiss isn't real, or that we have not gotten a real kiss like that! :(... But there is always hope, or is that just wishful thinking???

~Tracey~

YAY. Definently, tell her to watch her back 'cause you never know when that custard bucket could appear. :D :P

Congratulations

On your placement, it sounds fun and I hope you enjoy it. What a fantastic place to start!

It's not wishful thinking ;) I know it will happen

Wendy
Hugs :D :)

Queen Eleta
July 24th, 2005, 12:49 PM
Thanks for sharing! Space Race is one of those episodes that to me wasn't great like Divide and Conquer or Grace or WoO so I tend to overlook it and not watch it ever again. What a mistake because I missed little moments like that. **slaps forehead**

I just love little shippy, flirty comments like that!! Like in S8 'Citizen Joe': Towards the end of the episode, when Joe is in the SGC infirmary, and him and Jack are discussing the whole 'Burns as Goa'uld' theory. Joe says, "And don't worry, I won't say anything about your feelings for..." and then Sam walks in and Jack does the whole shushing thing. I thought that was great!! :D (or at least words to that effect)

July 24th, 2005, 12:53 PM
YAY. Definently, tell her to watch her back 'cause you never know when that custard bucket could appear. :D :P

Congratulations

On your placement, it sounds fun and I hope you enjoy it. What a fantastic place to start!

It's not wishful thinking ;) I know it will happen

Wendy
Hugs :D :)
*Giggles* :D oh I will! And you're not so far away so I tell her to watch her back in case some custard flings out of the sky and she wonders what the heck is happening! ;)

Aaaawww :o thanks hun! :) Yeah it is a great place to start. I am on ward 8, which is a liver ward. I am scared but excited at the same time. I start 22nd August for 6 weeks, and then I am back at uni!

LOL I am glad you have that much confidence. Me, I am 50/50 on the situation. But I am still full of hopes! :)

~Tracey~

m_wendy_r
July 24th, 2005, 12:56 PM
*Giggles* :D oh I will! And you're not so far away so I tell her to watch her back in case some custard flings out of the sky and she wonders what the heck is happening! ;)

Aaaawww :o thanks hun! :) Yeah it is a great place to start. I am on ward 8, which is a liver ward. I am scared but excited at the same time. I start 22nd August for 6 weeks, and then I am back at uni!

LOL I am glad you have that much confidence. Me, I am 50/50 on the situation. But I am still full of hopes! :)

~Tracey~

Yes, she may never know. LOL :D

Your welcome. Once you start the scared part will fade and you'll get used to it, and then you'll have to go back to uni! ;) Do you live near the hospital so it's within easy travel?

Yeah, I'm confident. The one thing my tutor said about me was that I was confident and positive, not necessarily about myself about the things around me. LOL.

Wendy

sueKay
July 24th, 2005, 01:11 PM
Congrats on the placement Tracey!!!!!!!

Well...halfway through the first paragraph of a Sam fic! I'll post it soon!!!

LOL4JACK
July 24th, 2005, 01:19 PM
Hello,

So to be sure that I'm not missing any special moments, could you please let me know if there is a scene that I might have forgotten for the poll.

Many thanks,
Carolina

*Best shippy moment Hug, Head on Shoulder and Kiss

- Fire and Water - Hug
- Death Knell - Head on Shoulder / Hug
- Into the Fire - Hug
- Heroes II - Hug
- Point of View - Kiss
- Moebius II - Kiss
- Grace - Kiss
- Broca Divide - Kiss
- Threads - Head on Shoulder
- Solicitudes - Head on Shoulder / Hug

July 24th, 2005, 01:19 PM
Yes, she may never know. LOL :D

Your welcome. Once you start the scared part will fade and you'll get used to it, and then you'll have to go back to uni! ;) Do you live near the hospital so it's within easy travel?

Yeah, I'm confident. The one thing my tutor said about me was that I was confident and positive, not necessarily about myself about the things around me. LOL.

Wendy
*Giggles* yep! She'll be on edge the whole time. ;)

Yeah hopefully. But it' also the whole thing of 'am I going to be good?', 'how will my first injection go (I am really freaking about that one :S)?'. But yeah, you are right! :) Well I live on the outskirts of Brum (7 miles from town centre where the hospital is). But I go there all the time! I worked up there. It’s 30-40 minutes on the bus and there is a train directly there! So it is an easy to get to.

*Giggles* well that is always a good thing! :) Well your positive-ness is already working on me a bit. I am slightly more positive about the sam/jack situation. I'll get there eventually! ;)

~Tracey~

July 24th, 2005, 01:22 PM
Congrats on the placement Tracey!!!!!!!

Well...halfway through the first paragraph of a Sam fic! I'll post it soon!!!
Thank you suekay :)! Like I said to Wendy, it’s scary but exciting! :)

Oh cool, can't wait to read it. I have missed fics. After my exams I read so much sam/Jack fics! :)

~Tracey~

m_wendy_r
July 24th, 2005, 01:25 PM
*Giggles* yep! She'll be on edge the whole time. ;)

Yeah hopefully. But it' also the whole thing of 'am I going to be good?', 'how will my first injection go (I am really freaking about that one :S)?'. But yeah, you are right! :) Well I live on the outskirts of Brum (7 miles from town centre where the hospital is). But I go there all the time! I worked up there. It’s 30-40 minutes on the bus and there is a train directly there! So it is an easy to get to.

*Giggles* well that is always a good thing! :) Well your positive-ness is already working on me a bit. I am slightly more positive about the sam/jack situation. I'll get there eventually! ;)

~Tracey~

*Giggles* hee, yeah she will be.

(((((((((((((((((Hugs)))))))))))))))))))) I bet you after your first injection, you'll be telling me that you were great at it. I bet you'll tell me that it wasn't as bad as you thought.

See? I'm rubbing off on ya! LOL. YES. Be more positive. IT WILL HAPPEN! hee. I'm getting all excited! :D :D :D

Wendy

ST-1
July 24th, 2005, 01:30 PM
Hello,

So to be sure that I'm not missing any special moments, could you please let me know if there is a scene that I might have forgotten for the poll.

Many thanks,
Carolina

*Best shippy moment Hug, Head on Shoulder and Kiss

- Fire and Water - Hug
- Death Knell - Head on Shoulder & Hug
- Out of Mind - Hug
- Heroes II - Hug
- Point of View - Kiss
- Moebius II - Kiss
- Grace - Kiss

How about the Broca Divide kiss? Not just the fact that "primitive Sam" kisses Jack, but that HE sneaks in a quick one on her neck as he drags her off to the infirmary. THAT, IMO, was the shippy part, along with his answer to her "do you want me" question: "Not like this!" He didn't just say "no." Shippy, shippy, shippy! :p

Oh, and one other thing: Is the "Out of Mind hug" when Jack grabs Sam from behind and covers her mouth to stop her from shouting? Does that count as a hug, or just a "moment?" :S

m_wendy_r
July 24th, 2005, 01:39 PM
How about the Broca Divide kiss? Not just the fact that "primitive Sam" kisses Jack, but that HE sneaks in a quick one on her neck as he drags her off to the infirmary. THAT, IMO, was the shippy part, along with his answer to her "do you want me" question: "Not like this!" He didn't just say "no." Shippy, shippy, shippy! :p

That is my favourite scene in that episode. Obviously. LOL

Actually, I only watch that episode for that scene. And he does sneak a quick one on her neck, although you have to be paying close attention. ;)

And there is the hug in Threads. that is cute huge and Sam caresses his hand

Wendy

July 24th, 2005, 01:49 PM
*Giggles* hee, yeah she will be.

(((((((((((((((((Hugs)))))))))))))))))))) I bet you after your first injection, you'll be telling me that you were great at it. I bet you'll tell me that it wasn't as bad as you thought.

See? I'm rubbing off on ya! LOL. YES. Be more positive. IT WILL HAPPEN! hee. I'm getting all excited! :D :D :D

Wendy

Well hopefully anyway. And that's if I get to do an injection the first time! It will just be harder doing it on a real life child and not an orange! :eek: But yeah, I am sure it will go ok!

*Giggles* you sure are! *Tosses you some strawberries 'cos I know you love them (well I hope you still do lol)* Oh I am getting excited too. And shipper day is not far off now! :D :D Thinks of threads and all the great shippy scenes! :D

~Tracey~

sueKay
July 24th, 2005, 01:50 PM
Broca Divide rocks! It is so good!

LOVE the end convo

Jack: I was concerned
Sam: Really?
Jack: Yeah...if it doesn't heal properly, you'll never wear that sweet little tank top number again.

Hee hee!

July 24th, 2005, 01:53 PM
Broca Divide rocks! It is so good!

LOVE the end convo

Jack: I was concerned
Sam: Really?
Jack: Yeah...if it doesn't heal properly, you'll never wear that sweet little tank top number again.

Hee hee!
I love Broca divide too. :)

And I love that convo. Her face after he said that is just priceless! lol

~Tracey~

sueKay
July 24th, 2005, 01:58 PM
I know...I consider that the real kiss...they both remember it!!!!!!!

LOL4JACK
July 24th, 2005, 01:59 PM

Oh, and one other thing: Is the "Out of Mind hug" when Jack grabs Sam from behind and covers her mouth to stop her from shouting? Does that count as a hug, or just a "moment?" :S
Thank you ST-1, so I included Broca Divide in my post how could I have forgotten, hot kiss.... think, pg-13, pg-13 :p

And for Out of Mind I changed it for into the fire, I keep mixing them up, but it's the hug after Sam comes to rescue Jack :D

July 24th, 2005, 02:02 PM
I know...I consider that the real kiss...they both remember it!!!!!!!
Ooohh I never thought of it like that. That is a good way of looking at it and it is so true. :D

~Tracey~

LOL4JACK
July 24th, 2005, 02:04 PM
And there is the hug in Threads. that is cute huge and Sam caresses his hand

Wendy

Threads! :eek: Uff, thanks! what would I do with out the (((shipper family))), taking note, head on shoulder...

sueKay
July 24th, 2005, 02:06 PM
Yeah...

Jack remembers Sam jumping him

Sam remembers jumping Jack and him kissing her back

It is SO the real kiss!!!

LOL4JACK
July 24th, 2005, 02:09 PM
Yeah...

Jack remembers Sam jumping him

Sam remembers jumping Jack and him kissing her back

It is SO the real kiss!!!
SueKay, are you sure you are 17? so well said, it is the only real kiss http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/36/36_1_55.gif

July 24th, 2005, 02:10 PM
Right well I am off now.

I am going to catch up on some reading (Nursing, Law and ethics...argh :S ) whilst snuggling up in my bed and watching a bit of scream 2! lol

Happy shipping and I hope everyone has shippy dreams! :D

Sam and Jack forever!

~Tracey~

P.S suekay, I love how you put that! And I totally agree! :D

sueKay
July 24th, 2005, 02:16 PM
LOL4JACK

yup...17...18 in November...I'm such a young thing...I think I'm quite mature for my age but I'm a moaning wee teeny! I can be really immature sometimes...ie. when I rant here and get dinged...but I've started yet another blog so I do my venting there.

Yup...Broca Divide for me is the only real kiss...but lets not forget Window of Opportuntity...Jack swept Sam off of her feet, and she didn't exactly protest did she? :D

sueKay
July 24th, 2005, 02:20 PM
Right right right...I've come up with THE BEST fic idea EVER!

*runs off to write*

bye!

florence
July 24th, 2005, 02:31 PM
Florence, miss you posting around here, is there a Lt Colonel keeping you busy :D ?
If only... *sigh* Okay, I confess that the Thunk Thread is very addictive ! :p :D

But I still lurk here everyday. It's just that I don't have anything new or interesting to say... But I promise I'll be here on Ship Day ! :D
I'll try to find new fics to share with you ;)

florence
July 24th, 2005, 02:34 PM
Thanks! :o Sadly, my page breaks didn't work. :( And I swear no matter how many times I read, re-read, and spell-check, I still wind up with a few typos. Still not sure how badly I butchered the French parts. :S

Here's the link again, in case anybody missed it: Someday (http://www.gateworld.net/fanfic/archive/38/someday.html) Any and all feedback is appreciated. :cool:
I've not read it yet entirely so I won't give you feedback right now.
If you want, I could tell you if there are some mistakes in the French parts. I'll send you a PM :)

florence
July 24th, 2005, 02:37 PM
Right right right...I've come up with THE BEST fic idea EVER!

*runs off to write*

bye!

The BEST fic idea EVER ? Wow ! :eek:
Don't come back before you've finished to write it then ! We'll miss you but when you'll come back, it will be the BEST party EVER ! :D

nell
July 24th, 2005, 02:49 PM
I just love little shippy, flirty comments like that!! Like in S8 'Citizen Joe': Towards the end of the episode, when Joe is in the SGC infirmary, and him and Jack are discussing the whole 'Burns as Goa'uld' theory. Joe says, "And don't worry, I won't say anything about your feelings for..." and then Sam walks in and Jack does the whole shushing thing. I thought that was great!! :D (or at least words to that effect)

Me, too! Up until that scene in Citizen Joe I wasn't so sure what Jack's feelings were regarding Sam. When Joe made his comment to Jack and Jack acknowledged him, I was so happy!! Not to mention when Joe went on to say to Sam, "about this Pete Shanahan thing..." and Jack stopped him. That was priceless! Then we knew what had been on Jack's mind about :eek: !!! Jealousy?!

sg-1fanintn
July 24th, 2005, 02:57 PM
While we're talking about the Ship.....

Round 36 of the Fave Episodes Tournament has begun. Family was eliminated in Round 35.

Divide & Conquer (the holy grail of J/S shippiness) is now #4 from the top, which means it’s very close to being eliminated!

You can make a difference!. Please go vote against some other eps, and help push Divide & Conquer down the list, into safer territory! Catch up on the tourney (and which eps have been eliminated so far) here: http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=12889&page=84&pp=20

Be careful! If you accidentally vote for an ep that has already been eliminated, none of your votes will count in that round.

Sam and Jack thank you. I thank you!

Queen Eleta
July 24th, 2005, 03:42 PM

And obviously it wasn't just primal, she really wanted Jack, because how many men did she have to walk past to get to Jack?

nell
July 24th, 2005, 04:21 PM
And obviously it wasn't just primal, she really wanted Jack, because how many men did she have to walk past to get to Jack?

Alpha Male Jack! Squee! :p Excuse me, I am making a quick trip to the Jack/RDA Thread!!! :rolleyes:

ses110
July 24th, 2005, 05:11 PM
I'am starting to think TPTB are having there Friends and Family post on Gateworld.I'am still trying to figure out what was so great about the episode.

pittsburghgirl
July 24th, 2005, 05:45 PM
I'am starting to think TPTB are having there Friends and Family post on Gateworld.I'am still trying to figure out what was so great about the episode.
i can't say that there was anything great about the episode but...for whatever reason i didn't hate it-and i wanted to-i think that there were some really touching scenes-from my perspective when Daniel saw they were going to actulaly burn Vala alive-his anguish was very palpable. and you could almost feel the pain when he went to her after the Ori representative blew the flames away. I honestly didn't think that MS had it in him to play a scene with that much emotion. And the embrace between them after she was healed was just so touching. I didn't think that MS had that much emotional presence-I knew CB had it-but I had never seen MS put that much into a scene like that. Landry is straddling between George and Jack-and I think he has the b%lls to do it too and i have a personal prejudice-I like BB and I had always thought that if they did a recast of Jack's character-I would want him to play it. I will however still take a one episode at a time view of this show-and certainly-I am interested in what they will do to Sam. After the Cr*p we had the last two years and the horrible way they wrote Sam-I am still not interested in buying what they are selling.

ShimmeringStar
July 24th, 2005, 07:12 PM
i can't say that there was anything great about the episode but...for whatever reason i didn't hate it-and i wanted to-i think that there were some really touching scenes-from my perspective when Daniel saw they were going to actulaly burn Vala alive-his anguish was very palpable. and you could almost feel the pain when he went to her after the Ori representative blew the flames away. I honestly didn't think that MS had it in him to play a scene with that much emotion. And the embrace between them after she was healed was just so touching. I didn't think that MS had that much emotional presence-I knew CB had it-but I had never seen MS put that much into a scene like that. Landry is straddling between George and Jack-and I think he has the b%lls to do it too and i have a personal prejudice-I like BB and I had always thought that if they did a recast of Jack's character-I would want him to play it. I will however still take a one episode at a time view of this show-and certainly-I am interested in what they will do to Sam. After the Cr*p we had the last two years and the horrible way they wrote Sam-I am still not interested in buying what they are selling.
S9 Avalon Pt.2
I agree. I neither hated it a great deal nor loved it a whole bunch. I think the scene you just described was when my interest perked up, when Vala was being burned. That scene made up for the un-SG1-like sword fight at the beginning and the other unbelievable parts of the episode (like the new doctor declaring V dead on the SGC end and walking out? I mean Daniel’s wellbeing still required V. be alive! Get her heart pumping and stick her on life support dang it! But to walk out??!). At that point I thought to myself – okay here’s where they could turn Vala into a less tart-like character and give her a decent ship with Danny and I could stand it and maybe get into it based on that scene. At least that’s what I thought until I saw the ‘to be continued’ at the end of the show - then I remembered that these are TPTB that can’t write ship no matter which character it is….

ShimmeringStar
July 24th, 2005, 07:21 PM
<snip>
‘Course I loved the scene later when Jack and Daniel are in the control room and Daniel asks how Sam is doing and Jack tells him “She's not yours to care about” and “I'm talking about Samantha, you just stay away from her, okay?” Then he punches the daylights out of Daniel!

I don’t consider it a “real” kiss between ‘our’ Sam & Jack. (Just MOHO :) ) The closest Jack came was during kissing Dr. Carter in POV and ‘his’ Sam in WoO. Unfortunately the time loops erased ‘our’ Sam’s memory of WoO. BUT… she did get to watch herself kissing Jack in POV from the other side of the quantum mirror…. It gave her a heck of a lot to think about there….. (And while we didn’t get to see it, but S&J did remember *all* that they did while they were ‘mindstamped’ in Beneath the Surface…)

But back to BD… Yes… they were under an alien influence at the time… but… ;) one could say the virus was kind of like alcohol in loosening the lips and their repressed feelings! :D

mad_gater
July 24th, 2005, 08:29 PM

Sure I'll join in the fun...

*much hilarity ensues as MG dances an Irish jig....or attempts to anyway* :P:D:P:D

mad_gater
July 24th, 2005, 08:33 PM
Oops, confused my Ssssss :D Sugarshaker, not Shimmering..... bad, Dobby, bad :p, oops, mixed up HP with SG

I'm getting old with 400 post :o
Heh....if you're old then I'm senile...with all my posts....:P:D

mad_gater
July 24th, 2005, 08:42 PM
Hello!!!!

LOL

I did like that cold lazarus scene....

Hammond asks for T's staff weapon

Teal'c: I have seen your world...I will need it.

LOL!!!! :D:D:D:D:D:D

Billie
July 24th, 2005, 11:47 PM
Morning all! :)

Oh how I love driving home after a night shift passing all the 9-5ers heading off to work at the start of their week. Then getting home and sitting at my computer catching up on what the lovely shipper family have been chatting about whilst sipping a glass of chilled Chardonnay before bed....and I'm now on four days off....ah life is good!!! :D

Must say though, drinking a glass of wine at 7.30 in the morning is a tad bizarre!! Helps me sleep....honest! :rolleyes:

LOL4JACK - regarding the polls for shipper day. How about the Solitudes snuggle? Does that count as a hug (or snug!) or is it more for poll 2? You see how indecisive I get after one glass of wine....goodness knows what I'll be like on ship day!! :p

ONLY 4 DAYS TO GO!!!!!!!!!

Rogue
July 25th, 2005, 05:18 AM

Yeah, were they watching the same ep I was? Avalon 2 was ok, but nothing great. Ses, I think its the Daniel fans. They must be loving the fact he is the main attraction right now. I was glad that Vala had toned it down some and we did only see one flash back. I wished MS would slow down, he is talking way too fast. How about the new doctor? All of a sudden there is a new doctor and she has some sort of relationship with the new CO. But no introduction or explaination. Same with Jack, he's gone but no explaination. It will be interesting to see what the ratings are. I am counting down to Beachhead.

pittsburghgirl
July 25th, 2005, 05:41 AM
Yeah, were they watching the same ep I was? Avalon 2 was ok, but nothing great. Ses, I think its the Daniel fans. They must be loving the fact he is the main attraction right now. I was glad that Vala had toned it down some and we did only see one flash back. I wished MS would slow down, he is talking way too fast. How about the new doctor? All of a sudden there is a new doctor and she has some sort of relationship with the new CO. But no introduction or explaination. Same with Jack, he's gone but no explaination. It will be interesting to see what the ratings are. I am counting down to Beachhead.
that is not the only issue-as Rogue and I discussed is also the the jerking of jack (please forgive the pun-or not)-consider: Jack not telling Mitchell that SG-1 has disbanded: Jack not telling Landry that his daughter would be the CMO;not telling the CMO that her father was in charge of the base. according to Landry-jack is "funny like that"? excuse me! Mr. I don't like surprises-surprising people.-i don't think so. Last two years they got on Sam and basically tried to ruin her reputation-doing the same now for Jack???

trupi
July 25th, 2005, 05:59 AM
The group that liked Avalon 2 all went to MS school- - You heard the school of speed reading-well they went to the school of auctioneers. The idea is if you say your lines quickly they we'll give you more to speak than any other character. Soon he will be like those aliens on the old Star Trek where they talked so fast they sounded like insects. Buzz-Buzz-buzz-iszz That is good morning in Daniel talk! :D

Rogue
July 25th, 2005, 06:07 AM
The group that liked Avalon 2 all went to MS school- - You heard the school of speed reading-well they went to the school of auctioneers. The idea is if you say your lines quickly they we'll give you more to speak than any other character. Soon he will be like those aliens on the old Star Trek where they talked so fast they sounded like insects. Buzz-Buzz-buzz-iszz That is good morning in Daniel talk! :D

LOL, thats too funny. He must practice saying all that crap in on breath.

pittsburghgirl
July 25th, 2005, 06:09 AM
either that or he was afraid he would forget his lines. Okay- i know that was mean-but frankly-i sure would like to know what he says becuz using closed caption is such a bore.

trupi
July 25th, 2005, 06:15 AM
My poor mother thought it was her because she couldn't understand a thing he was saying. She thought she ws going deaf. What is bizarre is that MS has been told that he is speeding his lines up and he said we were crazy! Maybe I should make a short recording of Avalon and bring it to the con. in August. When MS comes up, play it and ask for a translation!

Rogue
July 25th, 2005, 06:34 AM
either that or he was afraid he would forget his lines. Okay- i know that was mean-but frankly-i sure would like to know what he says becuz using closed caption is such a bore.

Or it could be the director telling him to talk faster because he is taking valuable camera time away from Vala's boobs!

galaxy
July 25th, 2005, 06:41 AM
pittsburghgirl, trupi, Rogue....you are so mean!!! :eek:

And I love you for that. :D

Billie
July 25th, 2005, 06:47 AM
LOL! :) Perhaps when I finally get to watch S9 I'll watch it with subtitles!! :p *spares a thought for subtitle typist coughing on steam coming from keyboard!*

trupi
July 25th, 2005, 06:50 AM
No one is talking about MS's wife playing the Dr. and Lawdry's daughter! I can't believe its easy to be on a set and watch your husband kiss or get woman-handel by another actress. That must be weird! She looks like a tough cookie but I don't think~ she has much to worry from Claudia. Is Claudia Black much older then MS and BB?

trupi
July 25th, 2005, 06:52 AM
LOL! :) Perhaps when I finally get to watch S9 I'll watch it with subtitles!! :p *spares a thought for subtitle typist coughing on steam coming from keyboard!*
You know you have SAP to listen to your program in different language--well they are adding a new setting "MSAP" :p

pittsburghgirl
July 25th, 2005, 06:56 AM
Or it could be the director telling him to talk faster because he is taking valuable camera time away from Vala's boobs!
*guffaw!

pittsburghgirl
July 25th, 2005, 07:01 AM
a little off topic here-but did anyone make the connection to the movie when harry met sally? harrid and sallis-harry and sally? :eek: :eek:

LOL4JACK
July 25th, 2005, 07:01 AM
Morning all! :)

Oh how I love driving home after a night shift passing all the 9-5ers heading off to work at the start of their week. Then getting home and sitting at my computer catching up on what the lovely shipper family have been chatting about whilst sipping a glass of chilled Chardonnay before bed....and I'm now on four days off....ah life is good!!! :D

Must say though, drinking a glass of wine at 7.30 in the morning is a tad bizarre!! Helps me sleep....honest! :rolleyes:

LOL4JACK - regarding the polls for shipper day. How about the Solitudes snuggle? Does that count as a hug (or snug!) or is it more for poll 2? You see how indecisive I get after one glass of wine....goodness knows what I'll be like on ship day!! :p

ONLY 4 DAYS TO GO!!!!!!!!!

Thank you Billie, I will include it in Poll 1, becuase it's a hug with a head on shoulder :p :p :p although offically I consider it SPOONING :D

trupi
July 25th, 2005, 07:05 AM
Now to something completely dirrerent! What about the scene in "Entity" after he shoots Sam and he just looking at her in the bed and Fraizer tells him that Sam has no brain waves and should be disconnected from the ventalator and he says not yet- just a few more minutes!!!! I think that is a great shippy scene! Thank G-- he had feelings for Sam or she would have become like KIT in "Knight Rider"-talking from a computer for the rest of her life! That would ended the ship real fast! Jack making out with a monitor?~~~~~~~~~~~~

galaxy
July 25th, 2005, 07:14 AM
Now to something completely dirrerent! What about the scene in "Entity" after he shoots Sam and he just looking at her in the bed and Fraizer tells him that Sam has no brain waves and should be disconnected from the ventalator and he says not yet- just a few more minutes!!!! I think that is a great shippy scene! Thank G-- he had feelings for Sam or she would have become like KIT in "Knight Rider"-talking from a computer for the rest of her life! That would ended the ship real fast! Jack making out with a monitor?~~~~~~~~~~~~

I think that is called cyber-sex. ;) :D

But it really is a shippy scene!!! The scene when he has to shoot her too.
The expression on his face is just.... :( :( :(
So shippy! :rolleyes: *sigh*

shipper hannah
July 25th, 2005, 07:20 AM
lol! :p

shipper hannah
July 25th, 2005, 07:21 AM

which reminds me we also need to stop that from being eliminated in the best ep tournament too! :S

trupi
July 25th, 2005, 07:22 AM

But it really is a shippy scene!!! The scene when he has to shoot her too.
The expression on his face is just.... :( :( :(
So shippy! :rolleyes: *sigh*
That's it Sam and Jack can have phone and Cyber-sex. RDA doesn't need to be there and AT can have just a great time! The way S9 is going TPTB might like our ideas! Sorry guys we want romance not porn. (Maybe a little Porn but more romance) :)

ses110
July 25th, 2005, 07:27 AM
Rogue I think you right about the Daniel Fans.I did not hate Avalon 2 either.I just think the Show does no work when the Daniel character is the lead character.I just think some Actors and characters are able to be the Leads and other Actors and characters are better suited in a supporting role.It's nothing against the Actors it's just the way it is.IMO Jack brings so much more to the Show than Daniel.I also think when TPTB and some of the Actors talk up Season 9 like it's the best ever the episodes better be great and IMO there not even that good.Regarding Dr.Lam I going to have a real problem if Lam and Mitchell are an item.Sam and Jack could not even stand close to each other without some Fans flipping out.I also do not think it's a good idea to have Lam be Laundry's Daughter.To be fair I think things will improve when AT comes back.

pittsburghgirl
July 25th, 2005, 07:29 AM
now that would be electrifying.

sueKay
July 25th, 2005, 07:29 AM
Hello shippers!

I've had a thought in my mind, and I'm going to air it.

Now...I've not seen Avalon, but I get the sense that the audience is not privy to something big that's happened, and that we'll find out in the future. Here's why I'm saying this.

1. Teal'c seems to me as not having much of a problem going back ot the Jaffa, despite looking very concerned about leaving the SGC in Reckoning.
2. Daniel is reluctant to go back on SG1 and can't wait to leave to go to Atlantis...and REALLY doesn't want to be a part of the SGC.
3. Sam says she 'has her reasons' for not returning to the SGC, and when she returns, she'll have mixed emotions.
4. Hammond's retired from the Air Force, but is still working at the Pentagon...I think if Hammond really wanted to retire, he'd have retired from working life altogether, not just switched to a civilian position.
5. Jack seems to have dissappeared off of the face of the planet, and has moved...then suddenly he's offered Hammond's job...

me thinks something bad happened that caused Jack to quit the military, and that Hayes had to do something to get him back to the military...It stands to reason that whatever happened also affected SG1, hence their reluctance...

If I'm wrong then sorry, because I've not seen the ep...but this is a hunch that has yet to go away.

sueKay
July 25th, 2005, 07:32 AM
Okay...I'm hopefully going to be posting a season nine Jackfic today called...

'A Fish called Kinsey'

Make of that what you will :P :D

Oh! I've just d/led Yahoo Messenger...My ID is susan_k_dailey

thankies!

Oma-1
July 25th, 2005, 08:01 AM
(((((Trupi, Galaxy, pittsburghgirl, Rogue))))))

http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/36/36_11_6.gif

This family sure is on form today :D

And talking of entity - can't forget the Jack / Hammond moment - "I know that Major
Carter means a great deal to you" and Jack's very carefully controlled answer. Real shippy :D

Oma-1
July 25th, 2005, 08:09 AM
Positively evil! And by all accounts accurate :p

I won't be seeing it until October, but I've read all the threads so I can steel myself for what's coming ;)

I hope sueKay's right in that we will get some explanation on screen at some point in the season - it's hardly fair to all those die hard fans out there who don't have internet access to have no idea what happened to Avalon Jack, the disbanding of SG-1 etc .... If they made it all part of a scandalous storyline (I'm thinking Elopement here :D :p ) so much the better. I'm really impatient to see it.

Oma-1
July 25th, 2005, 08:14 AM
On a completely different note for minute .....

My hubby went to get me some A&W today (3 cases to satisfy my rootbeer craving :D ) from this import place we know and brought me back an extra special present I've never tried before - a huge box of Fruit Loops :p

I'm gonna have to eat the first bowl watching WoO! Then I'll finally be able to offer an opinion on the great fruit loop debate - yummy or yucky. :p Watch this space ....

Gatetrixer
July 25th, 2005, 08:27 AM
No one is talking about MS's wife playing the Dr. and Lawdry's daughter! I can't believe its easy to be on a set and watch your husband kiss or get woman-handel by another actress. That must be weird! She looks like a tough cookie but I don't think~ she has much to worry from Claudia. Is Claudia Black much older then MS and BB?

Ben's wife had a part in the Farscape mini-series--I suppose one gets used to it when married to an actor-actress and/or being one yourself. Hope this question isn't out of line, but does anyone else think LD and V. Bandera resemble each other a bit, which I find intriguing.

girlgater
July 25th, 2005, 09:06 AM
I'm delurking for just a minute to say I love the previous page of posts. You guys are just too much! RL is kickin' my butt, so I won't be on much today. Will try to catch up on today's posts tonight.

Later.

((((shipper family))))

sueKay
July 25th, 2005, 09:15 AM
(((((((((((GG))))))))))

take care and kick RL's butt back!

gate_girl12
July 25th, 2005, 09:17 AM
Ooook, odd picture. Did my VCR not tape all of Threads???

I was looking through Season 8 episode summary on gateworld.net, accompanied with pictures, and I cam across one with Jack in a singlet and boxers on a bed with...no not Sam :(...but Kerry Johnson in a revealing neglige.

Is this a publicity shot? Or a deleted scene?

Help...need answers.

Billie
July 25th, 2005, 09:18 AM
(((((Trupi, Galaxy, pittsburghgirl, Rogue))))))

http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/36/36_11_6.gif

This family sure is on form today :D

And talking of entity - can't forget the Jack / Hammond moment - "I know that Major
Carter means a great deal to you" and Jack's very carefully controlled answer. Real shippy :D

Awww I love that bit too Oma-1 :) love the smiley too LOL! I mentioned it to a friend who has got me all smileyed up so thought I'd try posting one.....hope it works!

Sending shipper love and lots of jack & sam kisses to all!

http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/36/36_3_16.gif

sueKay
July 25th, 2005, 09:21 AM
Well...I've seen Avalon part one and

It was okay...not bad...not good...bit dull...like cameron and vala though...not sure about Landry...he's a bit full of himself. I think the scene at Landry's was a waste of RDA's time

Rogue
July 25th, 2005, 09:23 AM

I was looking through Season 8 episode summary on gateworld.net, accompanied with pictures, and I cam across one with Jack in a singlet and boxers on a bed with...no not Sam :(...but Kerry Johnson in a revealing neglige.

Help...need answers.

It was in the 90 min version, not sure about the 60 min version.

sueKay
July 25th, 2005, 09:25 AM
gate girl - there were two cuts of Threads one with that scene, one without

WELCOME to the SHIPPER FAMILY!

note - you need to use spoiler tags - do this [ spoil] without the space between the bracket and the s, and then [ /spoil] without the space between the bracket and the slash. Put your text in between the two tags, then post and it should look something like -

this!

Billie
July 25th, 2005, 09:27 AM

Help...need answers.

Brace yourself gate_girl12 coz I'm afraid it was neither of the above :eek:

But fear not....one day the truth will be out there and it'll be jack in boxers and sam in a revealing neglige!!

Mmmm...
http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a57/pcbillie/jackfin.jpg thoughts of another ship pic fic spring to mind!!