Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What are everyones favorite Jack and Sam episodes?

Comment

Hi Lilly,

I liked Solitudes. It had a super dynamic between them. Sam was pretty fazed at first by the situation, but Jack's strength and level-headedness rubbed off on her and she ended up being the strong supportive one towards the end when Jack was fading away. I think this one and Serpent's Thingy (the hand-biting scene) were a really good indicator of the professional relationship between the two of them and the respect they had for each other; Jack for Sam's spirit and Sam for Jack's leadership.

I particularly liked how solitudes avoided the TV cliche of Man & Woman Stranded Together = Romance; and I'm not saying that as an anti-shipper because I know that it's still very possible to see ship in that ep. I just think it was nice that the focus of the ep was *cameraderie* because that theme of the two of them trying to stay positive while facing death together carried such a lot of power, especially when counterpointed with Daniel and Teal'c's desperate searching.

(BTW, if you want shippy replies you can post this question in the Shipper Family Thread or the S/J Discussion Only Thread, depending on how analytical you want to get.)

Madeleine

Comment

I liked it so much when Jack said to Freya/Anise that he cares more about Carter than he supposed too. Since then they knew it from each other that they care a lot about each other.
        Lord Zedd

Comment

yeah gateworld was a lot longer down than 2 days !! Finally they are back. Hope this time they found a better server !! I missed you guys so much.
          (((shipperfamily))) I wanted to post but gateworld didn't work so I went to Stargate Intel.Luckely lots of people from GateWorld come to it when gateworld is down.
          I was looking for this thread and I couldn't find it so I looked at the second page there I found it !!.Never thought that I had to look for this thread at the second page.
          Lord Zedd

Comment

Moebius Part 2, i know technically it didn't happen but it was cool!

Comment

hey! i'm back. can someone give me the link to StargateIntel please?
              I'm a Teenage,Scifi Friday-loving,Sam+Jack Shipper Gurl I am a shippy shipper chockfull of shippy shipperness having shippy shipper dreams!!
              Sam+Jack 4 ever!!!I love Hayden Christensen!!May 19th: Sith Happens!!Can't wait till July! I LOVE RED JELLO,just like Jack...!!

Kinsey:[on S/J]Oh I believe there's a lot more to this than we've been told. Well, of course I hardly expect them to incriminate themselves in their own reports.But we can all read between the lines* -Kinsey, Innauguration
              *1st and only time I agree with Kinsey

Replicarter: There are two of us.
              Jack: If only...
              (Sam looks at him. He clears his throat quietly.) -Replicarter and Jack, Gemini

The land of "lilipu" is an amazing land where I go to think about Sam and Jack being a couple, their future wedding,what their kids will look like... So now it's my own private shippy-world.All shippers invited!!!!

Comment

What are everyone's favorite Sam and Jack episodes or moments?

Comment

Originally posted by LillyBoot
                  What are everyone's favorite Sam and Jack episodes or moments?
                  Hey! I'm so gald you asked that one day i started making a list of all the shippy eps i've seen and now i have about an entire season's worth of episodes!
                  I'm gonna list them and see what other people think.[BEWARE OF A LOT SPOILERS FOR SEASONS 1-8]Some are pretty obvious but others are just wishful thinking but you guys tell me
                  Here's the first one (there not in any specific order, just in the order I remembered them):
                  1) Grace

tell me what you all think!
                  I'm a Teenage,Scifi Friday-loving,Sam+Jack Shipper Gurl I am a shippy shipper chockfull of shippy shipperness having shippy shipper dreams!!
                  Sam+Jack 4 ever!!!I love Hayden Christensen!!May 19th: Sith Happens!!Can't wait till July! I LOVE RED JELLO,just like Jack...!!

Kinsey:[on S/J]Oh I believe there's a lot more to this than we've been told. Well, of course I hardly expect them to incriminate themselves in their own reports.But we can all read between the lines* -Kinsey, Innauguration

The land of "lilipu" is an amazing land where I go to think about Sam and Jack being a couple, their future wedding,what their kids will look like... So now it's my own private shippy-world.All shippers invited!!!!

Comment

Oh, for those who have been gently pestering me for the next installment, the follow up to The Darker Side of Night is finally done!!!

If you'd like to read it, the links are in my sig. (however I can't quite get the formatting right on the FanFiction.net one...so the text just kind of rambles together...

Now if you haven't read The Darker Side of Night (which was extremely shippy), then Eclipse (which has shippy elements as a continuation of The Darker Side of Night) won't make a bit of sense to you!

Here are some teasers and a minor disclaimer:

minor disclaimer first - there was a small aspect of my story that's referenced in Moebius 1 - but I swear I had the idea before I saw it!!!
                    BTW:what's the address for Resolutions?

Comment

here is a "tense" shippy moment. It is too big so be warned
                      http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...eadsIntro9.jpg

Comment

Ok, after thinking about this for more than a week (and my husband, who is also a fan, thinks I've become overly-obsessed), let's consider these points:

1. Everything came to a head in "Threads." From Jacob to Agent Johnson, people were finally vocalizing what Daniel and Teal'c (and we) have known for so long: our pair were meant to be together. After watching (and rewatching) the nuances, I feel they are together. Jack's move to DC will actually make this easier, because we'll be free of the regs.

2. The time has come to fish or cut bait (as we say here in the south). If TPTB don't let S/J acknowledge the relationship in early S9, they will:
                        A. Alienate a huge part of the fan base at the same time that RDA's presence decreases and
                        B. Have missed their prime window of opportunity to capitalize on what they've been building toward for four years. Face it: by the time Troi and Wriker got together in ST: NG, no one cared anymore! It was an afterthought, an excuse for a party in a movie.

I have to think TPTB will want to avoid that mistake (especially if they still have movie hopes). The sexual tension between Sam and Jack has never been stronger, and early S9 will be the best chance to resolve it once and for all, so we can be happy. Having him in regular contact with her, whether by phone or appearance, would keep him "alive and part of the SG-1 landscape," as Joe Mallozzi said he would be.

Why is our happiness important to TPTB? Because it makes us more likely to accept the new characters and other changes they're throwing at us. They need SG-1 to go on at least another year, while they work to strenghten and grow SG: Atlantis. I like the characters and stories in SGA, but I don't think it's compelling enough yet to stand on its own without its parent series. Right now, Battlestar Gallactica is much more edgy. And the Aiden Ford controversy shows us TPTB are still tinkering with SGA, trying to get the formula right.

I also believe that RDA will make limited appearances throughout the season. With Wylie reaching school age, I can understand him wanting to be in L. A. more. But he owns part of the franchise, and has a vested interest in its success. If I were TPTB, I'd accomodate him with some easy-to-reach L.A. shoots.....even if it meant others had to fly in from Vancouver to shoot with him. Jack O'Neill is larger than life, and RDA's portrayal is so far beyond what Kurt Russell did in the movie that it isn't even funny! Although I love all the team, he IS the franchise, to a huge measure.

All right, I've rambled on long enough. What do others think?

Comment

Originally posted by sierragulf_gurl_23
                          BTW:what's the address for Resolutions?
                          I went ahead and just added it as the beginning of The Darker Side of Night...

So if you download The Darker Side of Night, Resolutions is the whole first 15 pages...

Mary Beth

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by gatebee
                            here is a "tense" shippy moment. It is too big so be warned
                            http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...eadsIntro9.jpg
                            Argggghhhhhh! Its the ep that must not be mentioned *hides eyes*

Here's a little pic I put together to celebrate that ep. Pete doesn't get the sailing trip he expected.

MB - I'm gonna read the next installment now!
                            sigpic

Comment

Jack and Sam are playing hide and seek....echo...echo

Comment

Uber, just finished reading Darknerss and Eclipse....very lovely way to spend an afternoon reading about our Sam and Jack...when is the ending coming....thank you

Comment

Working...
                                X