PDA

View Full Version : Sam Carter/Jack O'Neill Ship Appreciation Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57

Sam_o_Neill
July 19th, 2005, 02:20 PM
Hey guys.

I'm not exactly new, but you all probably don't remember me. I've been a shipper for ages and I have visited this thread many times before.

RL is just a pain. LOL.

I just wanted to say that I've enjoyed reading all of your spoilers on Avalon, since the Sam/Jack part was the bit I was soooooooooo dying to know.

I'm excited to see the new season, especially since in my mind they are together, ever since Threads/Moebius.

If anyone remembers me, raise a hand. LOL

Wendy
Hugs :)

PS. I hope you do the seperate for Ship Day, 'cause I will be there.

*raises hand and waves it about*

I remember you Wendy!! :D:D:D Don't know if you remember me tho :S

I agree RL is a pain most of the time!! :P Its great for you to drop in :)

m_wendy_r
July 19th, 2005, 02:40 PM
*raises hand and waves it about*

I remember you Wendy!! :D:D:D Don't know if you remember me tho :S

I agree RL is a pain most of the time!! :P Its great for you to drop in :)

*waves hand around too*

Actually, unless I am mistaken (you can hit me if you like) are you T? If not, I do apologise. :S

I met so many people last time I was here that I was so dizzy. But, trust me, that was good thing. I love this family so I regret not being here and getting to know all of you better. I wish I did, but hopefully, RL will slow down a little.

I will be definently online for Ship Day, it is the 28th, yes? Unless the date has changed.... :S

Wendy

gatebee
July 19th, 2005, 02:44 PM
http://bestsmileys.com/birthday1/10.gif
http://bestsmileys.com/birthday2/10.gif
estelle & katethegater!!
May all your Shippy dreams come true!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v334/Token04/GraceKiss200.gif
*ahem* Of course this is ours too!;)

http://bestsmileys.com/birthday1/10.gif
borrowing birthday announcement ....... Happy Birthday from me too

Billie
July 19th, 2005, 02:48 PM
ooooh Good idea! I have the same trouble!

I know there was a list made a while ago when Mala, Tame and Ship Nana were regulars on here but i don't think there has been one made since! We've had lots of new additions to our shipper family since then so...seeing as I have nothing to do over the next few weeks shall I try to compile a list of everybody?? or does someone else want to have a go??

Thanks Sam_o_Neill if you don't mind that would be great you are a star!! :D I'm happy to do it but it could take some time as I'm back on shift tomorrow and RL will be claiming me again until next week.

Had a quick read of the stargate primer earlier and even though I'm sure you've all probably persued it I thought I'd post the shippy highlights anyway :)

Season 8
Meanwhile, Carter reconsidered her future with Pete when her father, Jacob, died. Knowing that she was trying to get over Jack, the one man she wanted to be with :) YAY, Sam broke off their engagement. Jack, too, saw a romantic relationship flicker out when his new love interest recognized what he and Sam had between them. She encouraged Jack not to let their jobs stand in the way.

of Sam...
She is also a passionate woman, who is fiercely loyal to her team and immensely capable of doing her job. She shares personal feelings with Jack O'Neill, but the two have reached an understanding that they cannot act on their feelings so long as they serve in the military together. Do you think that's 'keeping it in the room'?

S9
It is likely that her muted relationship with Jack O'Neill will continue, with the General's new position in Homeworld Security still being over Sam in the chain of command -- though recently they appear to have reached an understanding that they won't be happy with anyone else.

Ok..here's my questions from the above - have they reached an understanding? and if so did they reach it together? and if so how did they reach it? Did I miss that bit? I know they say the ship is subtle but there's subtle and there's subtle!

gatebee
July 19th, 2005, 02:52 PM
lol

Job hunting proved fruitious (sp?) then?????

Me? Still internet-less, but wait till Friday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh - lovin the sig!!!!
SueKay , love you sig
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v205/FilBrit1/SamJack_FishEnd.jpg
pic fr Mala

m_wendy_r
July 19th, 2005, 02:54 PM
Thanks Sam_o_Neill if you don't mind that would be great you are a star!! :D I'm happy to do it but it could take some time as I'm back on shift tomorrow and RL will be claiming me again until next week.

Had a quick read of the stargate primer earlier and even though I'm sure you've all probably persued it I thought I'd post the shippy highlights anyway :)

Season 8
Meanwhile, Carter reconsidered her future with Pete when her father, Jacob, died. Knowing that she was trying to get over Jack, the one man she wanted to be with :) YAY, Sam broke off their engagement. Jack, too, saw a romantic relationship flicker out when his new love interest recognized what he and Sam had between them. She encouraged Jack not to let their jobs stand in the way.

of Sam...
She is also a passionate woman, who is fiercely loyal to her team and immensely capable of doing her job. She shares personal feelings with Jack O'Neill, but the two have reached an understanding that they cannot act on their feelings so long as they serve in the military together. Do you think that's 'keeping it in the room'?

S9
It is likely that her muted relationship with Jack O'Neill will continue, with the General's new position in Homeworld Security still being over Sam in the chain of command -- though recently they appear to have reached an understanding that they won't be happy with anyone else.

Ok..here's my questions from the above - have they reached an understanding? and if so did they reach it together? and if so how did they reach it? Did I miss that bit? I know they say the ship is subtle but there's subtle and there's subtle!

I think that's the part we're supposed to leave our imaginations too. Of course, we all think that anyway. Personally, as far as subtle goes, that was gone in Threads, there was nothing subtle about it, that was Ship!

I hope it will still be there, with the phone calls AT mentioned at the con.

Oh, I get so excited!

Wendy

gatebee
July 19th, 2005, 02:56 PM
Just checking in for a moment during lunch. I'm feeling so optimistic about the Ship today that I'm putting up a new sig.

Back after work!
love your new sig ..... true love can never be hidden

Catysg1
July 19th, 2005, 02:57 PM
Rogue I may be proven wrong on this but I do not think we will see a big jump in Farscape viewers for Season 9.I never watched Farscape but from what I hear it was a totally different Show than SG-1.If I was a big Farscape Fan and never watched SG-1 why would I watch SG-1 Season 9? If I was TPTB I would have ran a full court press on long Time Fans and especially the Shippers.I would have told the Fans to give Season 9 a chance while making sure to give praise to RDA and I would have told the Shippers the Sam and Jack Story has not be written.IMO many Fans needed reassurance after Season 8 and it may come back to hurt TPTB.

I hope they fall flat on their face ..It will teach them a good lesson and shame on them to ignore their loyal fans :p :p :p

I hate the show NOW . :eek:

Caty :)

misstweedledee
July 19th, 2005, 03:00 PM
SueKay , love you sig
pic fr Mala

Hey *waves*

Wow, they are really close, Have they always been this close? or is it just the pure fact that i'm actually wearing my glasses today? :D :p

misstweedledee :D

the dancer of spaz
July 19th, 2005, 03:11 PM
Hello shippers! Long time, no see! :P

Now, I'm sure many of you already know this, but Broca Divide and Divide & Conquer are seriously about to be ousted in the SG-1 Ultimate Episode Thread. I don't know how to post the link, but it's in the General Discussion folder. I just thought I might tell you folks, so you could save it... If you want to. :) I think the tallies are posted and counted near the end of the day! :D

Good luck! ;)

Twisted Angel (Sam_rules)
July 19th, 2005, 03:21 PM
*waves hand around too*

Actually, unless I am mistaken (you can hit me if you like) are you T? If not, I do apologise. :S

I met so many people last time I was here that I was so dizzy. But, trust me, that was good thing. I love this family so I regret not being here and getting to know all of you better. I wish I did, but hopefully, RL will slow down a little.

I will be definently online for Ship Day, it is the 28th, yes? Unless the date has changed.... :S

Wendy
This is just a fly by post. I have not been in here for ages (that's what uni will do to you ;))!

But I was lurking and saw this post.
Hey W, it is me T lol! How could you forget?! ;)

Hey to everyone else :). I haven't read any spoilers and I don't want to, to be honest with you (I can wait, no seriously, I am being good ;)). But I am still a big, big shipper! And yes, in my mind they are together too! :D

Ok I will probably go back to lurking now lol!

~Tracey~

the dancer of spaz
July 19th, 2005, 03:35 PM
SueKay , love you sig
pic fr Mala

Neat! Nice pic, gatebee!

sg-1fanintn
July 19th, 2005, 03:54 PM
Welcome back, m_wendy_r!
Welcome back, Twisted_Angel (Sam rules)!
And thanks to all of you for the comments on my new sig. The photos are from Descent (S6). I just loved the way they were gazing at each other, and had to do something with the pictures!

nell
July 19th, 2005, 04:03 PM
Just checking in for a moment during lunch. I'm feeling so optimistic about the Ship today that I'm putting up a new sig.

Back after work!

Great new signature! :p

nell
July 19th, 2005, 04:59 PM
Loving the new sig sg-1fanintn!! You must indeed be having a very optimistic ship day and I salute you for it! :D

Here's my latest bit of fun :)

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a57/pcbillie/minime.jpg

See ya later!

Billie, that's a great pic! :D How do you guys print words on the pic? **scratches head** Are you using Photo Shop or some other computer graphics program? I wish I could do that!! Anyway, nice job!!! ;)

nell
July 19th, 2005, 05:15 PM

Now, I'm sure many of you already know this, but Broca Divide and Divide & Conquer are seriously about to be ousted in the SG-1 Ultimate Episode Thread. I don't know how to post the link, but it's in the General Discussion folder. I just thought I might tell you folks, so you could save it... If you want to. :) I think the tallies are posted and counted near the end of the day! :D

Good luck! ;)

GREAT SIGNATURE!!!!! :D

majorsal
July 19th, 2005, 05:18 PM
ok-i-am-there-when-it-comes-to-the-motorcycle-comment-but-I-need-some-help-on-this-one
point-why-is-everyone-so-happy-about-what-AT-said-at-the-Con?

I-should-think-that-we-have-be-living-off-our-imaginations-for-some-time-now-I-don't
think-that-she-shared-much-except-to-acknowledge-that-things-have-been-left-in-her-words
deliberately=vague.

why are you writing like that? :p

what i loved about amanda's statement was that it felt us with *tangible* hope. she basically said the ship isn't over, and that FOR THE TIME BEING, things will be ambiguous. and THEN WE'LL WAIT AND SEE.

rob has said that there wouldn't be as much (NOT none at all) of s/j ship in season 9.

joe said there will be 'allusions' to their relay.

and amanda has said it'll be subtle/ambigous, but that IT AIN'T OVER.

for me, i'm going to just enjoy the little tidbits here and there, and then look forward to when we get our REAL eyeball of sam and jack together as a couple!!! :D

sally :D

majorsal
July 19th, 2005, 05:55 PM
Hey *waves*

Good evening everyone,

Just wanted to add my say to the whole shipper day thread thing, i think we need a seperate thread, i'm not sure why i do i just think that we do :D

happy shipping

there's one thing that's crossed my mind about our upcoming shipper day festivities.... there aren't as many of us as there used to be. and i'm talking about this thread, not shippers in general. the first time we had shipper day, we got over 1000 post in 24 hours. i don't think there's enough of us here to even think of hitting that number again.

i'm not going to look at how many posts we make on that day, but the quality of them. i have no idea how i'm going to contribute, i just know i'll be here. (i'm always here :p)

if anyone wants to try to lure some of our wandering shippers back for that day, go for it. ;) (don't look at me -- i'm too lazy :p)

dipsofjazz
July 19th, 2005, 06:08 PM
:D Hi Sally. I'm sure a lot of the old crowd will join in for shipper day as it's so special. I'll mention it to a few and I'm sure the word will get passed on.
My problem is that I'm going to miss shipper day! *sob* :eek: I'll be in Denmark for a jazz festival, but I've left a little something with Token as my contribution for the day. This is one of the reasons I would like us to have a separate thread for shipper day, so that I can read all the posts easily when I get back. :p

gatebee
July 19th, 2005, 06:14 PM
there's one thing that's crossed my mind about our upcoming shipper day festivities.... there aren't as many of us as there used to be. and i'm talking about this thread, not shippers in general. the first time we had shipper day, we got over 1000 post in 24 hours. i don't think there's enough of us here to even think of hitting that number again.

i'm not going to look at how many posts we make on that day, but the quality of them. i have no idea how i'm going to contribute, i just know i'll be here. (i'm always here :p)

if anyone wants to try to lure some of our wandering shippers back for that day, go for it. ;) (don't look at me -- i'm too lazy :p)

you are so right Majorsal. There are less shippers in this thread. I for one do come here and there but I don't post all the time. I just try and read what others are saying.

gatebee
July 19th, 2005, 06:18 PM
:D Hi Sally. I'm sure a lot of the old crowd will join in for shipper day as it's so special. I'll mention it to a few and I'm sure the word will get passed on.
My problem is that I'm going to miss shipper day! *sob* :eek: I'll be in Denmark for a jazz festival, but I've left a little something with Token as my contribution for the day. This is one of the reasons I would like us to have a separate thread for shipper day, so that I can read all the posts easily when I get back. :p
wow ,Dips, you are going on a gig .... wicked. As Majorsal said above post, since there are very few of us here now, I don't think you would have any problem going through Shippers Day.

I know I voted that we stay here but I will really go where ever everyone wants Shipper Day to be. So I change my vote to either, here or a specific shipper day thread.

gatebee
July 19th, 2005, 06:23 PM
Hey *waves*

Wow, they are really close, Have they always been this close? or is it just the pure fact that i'm actually wearing my glasses today? :D :p

Mala manip pic it. If you look closely there is also a the fish spray in shape of a heart

gatebee
July 19th, 2005, 06:26 PM
Neat! Nice pic, gatebee!
thank you but you should really thank (((( Mala ))))) for she did the manip pic of putting Sam and Jack really close to each other. Then the fish jumping and making the heart shape in the water.

gatebee
July 19th, 2005, 06:30 PM
why are you writing like that? :p

what i loved about amanda's statement was that it felt us with *tangible* hope. she basically said the ship isn't over, and that FOR THE TIME BEING, things will be ambiguous. and THEN WE'LL WAIT AND SEE.

rob has said that there wouldn't be as much (NOT none at all) of s/j ship in season 9.

joe said there will be 'allusions' to their relay.

and amanda has said it'll be subtle/ambigous, but that IT AIN'T OVER.

for me, i'm going to just enjoy the little tidbits here and there, and then look forward to when we get our REAL eyeball of sam and jack together as a couple!!! :D

Oh I pray for that moment to come hopefully sooner than later. TPTB should really just give us our BIG KONKING KISS in real time and get them to the altar. Then they can continue on with there "new sg1 team".

trupi
July 19th, 2005, 07:07 PM
Hi Gatebee! Quite night! Hello who's lurking! Come out and play! My office workers all thought it was MS on the TV guide with AT. They can't believe how much BB and MS look alike. They wanted to know if the TPTB knew how much they look alike. Because they think it is kind of weird to have two actors that look alike without them being written as brothers or relatives in the story line.

ses110
July 19th, 2005, 07:21 PM
Sally I also feel there is real hope for the Sam and Jack Ship.AT's comments make me feel there's Light at the end of the Tunnel.I'am giving Season 9 a chance because IMO AT has been great with the Fans and Great with RDA.I'am still not Happy with how the Ship was handled at the end of Season 8 but there's very little I can do about that now.IMO Season 7 and 8 was the chance for Shippers to make a stand.Looking back there were many episodes I should have skipped.I'am not sure it would have made a difference but it could not have hurt.I think with Jack gone it does not help to miss episodes because for now there is little TPTB can give us in terms of Ship.I will say this I'am not going to wait forever in terms of the Ship.TPTB have me for now but I need to see some real examples that Sam and Jack are together or will be together shortly.There is no way I will wait 2 or 3 more Years to see Sam and Jack together.

blueiris
July 19th, 2005, 07:27 PM
Hello, I'm lurking about for a bit.

Taking a break from reading some fic. Oh, how the ships sails sweetly in fic. :)

For the shipper day poll, I vote for a separate thread.

When my son watched Avalon and first saw Cameron Mitchell, he asked why did that guy look just like Daniel. Then when Vala made the "limited gene pool" comment, he laughed. I think they resemble each other, but I would never mistake one for the other.

Queen Eleta
July 19th, 2005, 07:27 PM
Shippy-shippy-shippy-ship-ship-ship.

I am in a shippy mood right now. I love this scene.

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a367/queeneleta/bts20.jpg

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a367/queeneleta/bts19.jpg

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a367/queeneleta/bts17.jpg

J: I remember feeling feelings.
S: For me?
J: No, for Tor.

*sigh* where can I find a shoulder like that?

ses110
July 19th, 2005, 07:29 PM
trupi I said it before and I'll say it again.My choice would have been to bring in Jonas or Hailey.I think it would have made it easier for the Fans to except bringing in Jonas or Hailey to replace Jack.IMO SG-1 strength has been bringing in characters Fans enjoy and are comfortable with and not big Name Stars.Hailey would have been my choice since it gives SG-1 another Women and maybe TPTB could have had the guest Star of the week fall for Hailey instead of Sam all the Time.Just kidding.I think Jack always like Hailey and it would have been nice to have Hailey get the spot.

nell
July 19th, 2005, 07:36 PM
Sally I also feel there is real hope for the Sam and Jack Ship.AT's comments make me feel there's Light at the end of the Tunnel.I'am giving Season 9 a chance because IMO AT has been great with the Fans and Great with RDA.I'am still not Happy with how the Ship was handled at the end of Season 8 but there's very little I can do about that now.IMO Season 7 and 8 was the chance for Shippers to make a stand.Looking back there were many episodes I should have skipped.I'am not sure it would have made a difference but it could not have hurt.I think with Jack gone it does not help to miss episodes because for now there is little TPTB can give us in terms of Ship.I will say this I'am not going to wait forever in terms of the Ship.TPTB have me for now but I need to see some real examples that Sam and Jack are together or will be together shortly.There is no way I will wait 2 or 3 more Years to see Sam and Jack together.

Greetings! I've come up for some air!! I'm reading the Stargate Fan Awards nominations! **shiver**tingle**fans self**

The Ship will come!!! Avalon The ship was under the radar but even so, between the little that we got, Amanda's "clue," and general spoilers, there will be more Ship in Season 9. But, I agree, I am not sticking around for Season 10 without something certain revealed to us!! **stomps foot and wears determined expression on face** Um, but then where do I go? **sniff sniff**

trupi
July 19th, 2005, 07:37 PM
Hello, I'm lurking about for a bit.

Taking a break from reading some fic. Oh, how the ships sails sweetly in fic. :)

For the shipper day poll, I vote for a separate thread.

When my son watched Avalon and first saw Cameron Mitchell, he asked why did that guy look just like Daniel. Then when Vala made the "limited gene pool" comment, he laughed. I think they resemble each other, but I would never mistake one for the other.
Vala's line is the best line of the episode! But do you see the reaction of non-SG-1 fans. They think it's strange that a show would hirer another actor that looks like one of their main characters,without him playing his relative. In M2 didn't the real Daniel stay behind in Egypt? Maybe Daniel is Cameron's great-------------grandfather! :p :p :p

blueiris
July 19th, 2005, 07:50 PM
Vala's line is the best line of the episode! But do you see the reaction of non-SG-1 fans. They think it's strange that a show would hirer another actor that looks like one of their main characters,without him playing his relative. In M2 didn't the real Daniel stay behind in Egypt? Maybe Daniel is Cameron's great-------------grandfather! :p :p :p
I don't think they look that much alike, but anything is possible, I guess. ;)
They certainly don't seem the same, how they act, personality, and such. It would bother me more if BB looked like or resembled RDA. With RDA leaving, that would have completely alienated me. And no shipping Mitchell with Sam! (I don't think that will ever happen, just saying it is a no-no.)

gatebee
July 19th, 2005, 07:55 PM
the premise of great ....... greatgrandfather is cool but I don't think that they ever left since nothing changed

Well something did changed.... Sam and Jack are together and they went fishing and there was fish

trupi
July 19th, 2005, 07:56 PM
I don't think they look that much alike, but anything is possible, I guess. ;)
They certainly don't seem the same, how they act, personality, and such. It would bother me more if BB looked like or resembled RDA. With RDA leaving, that would have completely alienated me. And no shipping Mitchell with Sam! (I don't think that will ever happen, just saying it is a no-no.)
We know they are different but people not familiar with the actors are having a problem. My office workers were not first ones to say that to me this week (because of the TV guide cover). But thank g-- they didn't try to get a RDA look alike because that would have blown the top off the fan's patience. The show would have been dead on arrival!

gatebee
July 19th, 2005, 07:59 PM
Shippy-shippy-shippy-ship-ship-ship.

I am in a shippy mood right now. I love this scene.

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a367/queeneleta/bts20.jpg

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a367/queeneleta/bts19.jpg

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a367/queeneleta/bts17.jpg

J: I remember feeling feelings.
S: For me?
J: No, for Tor.

*sigh* where can I find a shoulder like that?
thank you ... love it too ....they so good together ...sniff, sniff

blueiris
July 19th, 2005, 08:03 PM
We know they are different but people not familiar with the actors are having a problem. My office workers were not first ones to say that to me this week (because of the TV guide cover). But thank g-- they didn't try to get a RDA look alike because that would have blown the top off the fan's patience. The show would have been dead on arrival!
Perhaps I don't want to see a problem because I'm reluctantly liking BB. Maybe because he was so sweet talking about RDA on the lowdown that I don't feel like he's trying to take his place, so I'm liking him as a new team member. Anywho, I'm happier than I have been about the future of SG-1. Still missing "the man" tremendously, but am seeing a little light at the end of the tunnel. :)

mad_gater
July 19th, 2005, 08:06 PM
<snip>I have to admit it would be Fun to see Vala hit on Jack in front of Sam.I have a feeling Sam would do some hitting of her own.

That would be fun!!! :D:D:D I'd love to see that happen but I doubt it will with Jack not being around :(:(
Sam would SO win that catfight....The only hand-to-hand fighting I've ever seen Vala do is that scene with Daniel on Prom. Unbound......and my GRANDMA could've countered those moves....I certainly could've. I have a little martial arts experience of my own...;)

And as for ship day....I would like the separate thread as well.

ann_sgcfan
July 19th, 2005, 08:09 PM
Mala manip pic it. If you look closely there is also a the fish spray in shape of a heart

Great manip, Mala of Jack and Sam on the docks!! loved the heart the fish spray made!! Gatabee thanks for sharing with us!

SG-1fanintn great new sig!!

Okay here is a crazy question ... when is shipper day? I haven't read more than two pages back thus far.

trupi
July 19th, 2005, 08:11 PM
Perhaps I don't want to see a problem because I'm reluctantly liking BB. Maybe because he was so sweet talking about RDA on the lowdown that I don't feel like he's trying to take his place, so I'm liking him as a new team member. Anywho, I'm happier than I have been about the future of SG-1. Still missing "the man" tremendously, but am seeing a little light at the end of the tunnel. :)
BB is a good guy and I don't think he is trying to replace RDA. He knows he has alot of shoe to replace and is just trying to find his own space on the show.

ann_sgcfan
July 19th, 2005, 08:25 PM
lol

Job hunting proved fruitious (sp?) then?????

Me? Still internet-less, but wait till Friday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh - lovin the sig!!!!

SueKay good luck with the job hunting! It is so frustrating at times... I am searching for a job as well. I have a couple of leads, but they are in another state. :S

mad_gater
July 19th, 2005, 08:31 PM
Ok...I know Jack and Sam kissing is mesmorising but I've really gotta stop staring at it!! :D

So...was wondering, is there like a members list of the lovely shipper family? Only thinking this because being a newbie I've yet to get a grip on all our family members and therefore when it comes to occasions like birthdays I'm not sure who to send wishes to where! :)
Just post a happy birthday message everyday!! That way you can't go wrong!! :P:D:P:D:P:D:P:D

SuSiE_SG1
July 19th, 2005, 08:45 PM
hello all again, this is my second post!!! WHOOT WHOOT!!!

i was just wondering how do you post pictures as i would just love to share all my sam/jack pictures as i have hundreds upon hundreds of them.

also i write fanfic so i was wondering if you have time if you could check out my new story i have written
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2491553/1/

Lynn
July 19th, 2005, 08:49 PM
So I figured I should de-lurk so you know that there are more of us out here still than you think. It's just RL (esp got in my way) and it kind of got to GW or my family. Sorry - family won!

But I have been trying to catch and get back into things esp. with S9 starting last week here in the US. Too tired to do the Spoiler thing so I'll just move on from that :S

Did write a question to Joe Mallozzi about Jack and Sam in Avalon but the Mod cut my post down to just about nothing so the question looks "just like a sappy shipper" but hopefully he'll answer - I'll post it if he does.

Other than that finally wrote my first ever fanfic. Nice and short but I was stuck on the NYC subway one day and it just needed to be written. It's called "I'm not an idiot" and of course it's Jack and Sam :-)

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2475333/1/

I promise to try to post more often - Sorry to the family :(

Queen Eleta
July 19th, 2005, 08:50 PM
BB is a good guy and I don't think he is trying to replace RDA. He knows he has alot of shoe to replace and is just trying to find his own space on the show.

I agree with you about BB. Trying not to be Jack O'Neill, or John Crichton for that matter, I think he has the talent to pull it off though. I just was expecting alot more from 'Avalon' than I got though, and I don't just mean the ship parts either. From what I have read in this thread, it looks like there are spoilers out there that say all will be explained eventually. I just hope that is true.

sg-1fanintn
July 19th, 2005, 08:54 PM
trupi I said it before and I'll say it again.My choice would have been to bring in Jonas or Hailey.I think it would have made it easier for the Fans to except bringing in Jonas or Hailey to replace Jack.IMO SG-1 strength has been bringing in characters Fans enjoy and are comfortable with and not big Name Stars.Hailey would have been my choice since it gives SG-1 another Women and maybe TPTB could have had the guest Star of the week fall for Hailey instead of Sam all the Time.Just kidding.I think Jack always like Hailey and it would have been nice to have Hailey get the spot.

I would have liked to see Jonas come back too. I guess TPTB didn't think he was exciting enough.

Tonight, we were watching The Day After Tomorrow on HBO (you know, Dennis Quaid in the big ice storm movie with the global warming message?). And as the tornadoes were destroying Los Angeles, I turned to hubby and said, "I just hope RDA is somewhere safe." He rolled his eyes at me and just shook his head. Tee-hee!

Also, we watched Emancipation this evening.....and he really enjoyed Sam in the blue outfit.....plus her whumping the MCP at the end!

All right, Harry Potter is upstairs calling me to knock out two more chapters before I close my eyes for the night. It's really been cutting into my online time the last few days. I'll try to finish it fast!

trupi
July 19th, 2005, 08:55 PM
hello all again, this is my second post!!! WHOOT WHOOT!!!

i was just wondering how do you post pictures as i would just love to share all my sam/jack pictures as i have hundreds upon hundreds of them.

also i write fanfic so i was wondering if you have time if you could check out my new story i have written
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2491553/1/
Welcome to the thread! Read your story. What you wrote so far is ok! Finish the story and give us a lot of shippy moments!

mad_gater
July 19th, 2005, 08:55 PM
I hope they fall flat on their face ..It will teach them a good lesson and shame on them to ignore their loyal fans :p :p :p

I hate the show NOW . :eek:

It's why I now use an "alternative method" for viewing the eps. To learn about this method...PM me as I'm not supposed to mention this method in a public post.

Anyhow....When I watch using this method.....they don't see any official viewing ratings from me cuz I'm not watching thru the TV.

And unlike the rest of the Tok'ra....I will actually share any intel regarding our favorite couple with this family. :P:D:P:D:P:D:P:D

majorsal
July 19th, 2005, 09:03 PM

when i first saw ben, i thought he and ms looked *very* similar. now, i don't even notice anymore. i think bb and ms both have their own yumminess. (but rda is THE GOD of yummy!)

mad_gater
July 19th, 2005, 09:07 PM

Good luck! ;)
*pounces, knocks over, and huggles the stuffing out of spaz*

WELCOME BACK SPAZ!!!!!!!

gatebee
July 19th, 2005, 09:11 PM
Great manip, Mala of Jack and Sam on the docks!! loved the heart the fish spray made!! Gatabee thanks for sharing with us!

SG-1fanintn great new sig!!

Okay here is a crazy question ... when is shipper day? I haven't read more than two pages back thus far.
Shipper Day is 28th of July

gatebee
July 19th, 2005, 09:13 PM
when i first saw ben, i thought he and ms looked *very* similar. now, i don't even notice anymore. i think bb and ms both have their own yumminess. (but rda is THE GOD of yummy!)

(((((( Majorsal )))))))) couldn't agree more with you about Jack.... very yummy ... that is why Sam and Jack are fishing always and forever

Lynn
July 19th, 2005, 09:30 PM
I know to some it would sound really weird - but I know you guys will understand. I really missed Jack and Sam during Avalon and it actually made me physically sad. I'd tell myself to get a life but I already have one of those :-(

ann_sgcfan
July 19th, 2005, 09:31 PM
Shipper Day is 28th of July

Great! Thanks Gatebee! I'll definetely drop in.

trupi
July 19th, 2005, 10:14 PM
I know to some it would sound really weird - but I know you guys will understand. I really missed Jack and Sam during Avalon and it actually made me physically sad. I'd tell myself to get a life but I already have one of those :-(
Hi Lynn- Your're not crazy! It feels like you are losing old friends. Hopefully they will have a conclusion to their relationship. Because if they don't ,they will disappoint a large number of people (who will make sure they never get a job again). :p
PS are you going to the NJ con.?

majorsal
July 19th, 2005, 10:33 PM

i know what you mean, lynn.

(((lynn)))

sally ;)

gatebee
July 19th, 2005, 11:47 PM
You are so right. Avalon was so missing in it. I know that there was not going to be a ship but till the last minute I was hoping that TPTB would surprise us with a Sam and Jack ship of some kind. Alas it did not happen.

Sam_o_Neill
July 20th, 2005, 01:42 AM
*waves hand around too*

Wendy

Nope sorry :( not T...

Ship Day is still the 28th! So i'll see you there! if i don't see you before :D:)

Sam_o_Neill
July 20th, 2005, 01:47 AM

Season 8

of Sam...

S9

Hey Billie :)
I'd be happy to do the list for you, I did start it last night just in case but I will carry it on once i've caught up with the thread :)

Thanks for picking out the shippy bits of the primer :)
I'd like to think that they have both reached and understanding that they will not be able to be with anyone other than each other....Sam tried that with Pete and she couldn't cope and Jack knows it because that was the reason his relationship with Kerry didn't work! They are destined to be together and it will never be able to turn out any other way! :P:Dhttp://forum.gateworld.net/images/gw_icons/heart.gif

Sam_o_Neill
July 20th, 2005, 02:21 AM
Ok...Here is the Members List i've got so far! I've been through all the posts since Avalon aired and wrote down everyones name. I thought the best time to see the majority of our family was when an episode had been aired...

If there is anyone i've missed, i'm very sorry! Just give me a shout or throw something at me and i'll put you straight on! :p;):)

The Sam/Jack Shipper Family 2005

misstweedledee

Token

mad_gater

majorsal

SueKay

Grace O'Neill

Billie

nell

trupi

scjon

pittsburghgirl

LOL4JACK

sg_1fanintn

xkawaiix

Cassie

ses110

DarkQuee1

divcon

gatebee

Oma-1

Rogue

Gatetrixer

Buc252

dipsofjazz

ColonelWilliams

galaxy

CatySG1

wynter

blueiris

Daniel's Twin

sugarshaker

lonely_star

ann_sgcfan

LadyJeep

‹berSG1Fan

AncientKnowledge

Terrarin

girlgater

shipper_hannah

gatewatcher

Myrth

Katkin

Shimmering Star

BrenRen

sclairef99

LtColSamONeill

get_carter

waterfall

gate_girl12

samisjacksgal

_Anubis

Lynn

Sum1

Kri

jay

shelsfc

m_wendy_r

florence

the_dancer_of_spaz

Twisted_Angel(Sam_rules)

Queen_Eleta

SuSiE SG-1

Poetic Tradegy

Sam O'Neill

Emilee 108

I've also added some of our well known members from a while back even though they haven't been around here for a while..

Ship_Nana

Mala

Marimba

Shipperahoy

TameFarrar

bcmilco

LtLisa

Stargate_barbie

sacme (aka Ship_Sistah!)

Auralan

:D:):D:):D:):D:)

I can't believe how many members we've got! and i'm sure there are quite a few more than this who enjoy lurking! :p:D

PoeticTragedy
July 20th, 2005, 02:27 AM
*Pounces on unsuspecting shippers* :p Hola! just watched Avalon pt 1 I have to say it wasnt really what i was expecting, bits were funny and the characters interacted quite well, like cameron always was an old friend of everyone of SG-1 , I shall be tuning into the next part ;) Galaxy! Im back :p thanks for the green your a star! :D

Sam_o_Neill
July 20th, 2005, 02:36 AM
*Pounces on unsuspecting shippers* :p Hola! just watched Avalon pt 1 I have to say it wasnt really what i was expecting, bits were funny and the characters interacted quite well, like cameron always was an old friend of everyone of SG-1 , I shall be tuning into the next part ;) Galaxy! Im back :p thanks for the green your a star! :D

Arrggghhhh! :P Hey Poetic Tragedy :D
I thought Avalon was great and Cameron did interact well with the rest of SG-1 IMO :) He's a nice, funny guy.
Only 2/3 days until Avalon Pt.2! :D

PoeticTragedy
July 20th, 2005, 03:13 AM
Arrggghhhh! :P Hey Poetic Tragedy :D
I thought Avalon was great and Cameron did interact well with the rest of SG-1 IMO :) He's a nice, funny guy.
Only 2/3 days until Avalon Pt.2! :D

He is :D I noticed the little dig at MS and BB similarity from CB "Limited Gene pool" :p and also the conversation between Cameron and Sam was a bit "hmmmm" what did you think to that :D

Sam_o_Neill
July 20th, 2005, 03:26 AM
He is :D I noticed the little dig at MS and BB similarity from CB "Limited Gene pool" :p and also the conversation between Cameron and Sam was a bit "hmmmm" what did you think to that :D

lol, yeah I loved the 'Limited gene pool quip' :):P
I thought the chat between Cameron and Sam was just an innocent chat between friends. But the part where he offered her breakfast when she got back did seem a little weird to me....you never know Cameron might not know about her and Jack :P I bet he'll get a surprise when he finds out :):P

Emilee108
July 20th, 2005, 04:18 AM
Ok...Here is the Members List i've got so far! I've been through all the posts since Avalon aired and wrote down everyones name. I thought the best time to see the majority of our family was when an episode had been aired...

If there is anyone i've missed, i'm very sorry! Just give me a shout or throw something at me and i'll put you straight on! :p;):)

(SNIP)

I can't believe how many members we've got! and i'm sure there are quite a few more than this who enjoy lurking! :p:D

*Waves * I'm still here! :D Although I don't post hardly ever.. I still come and read this thread everyday! The Shipper Family has definitely grown! I'll add myself to the list!

misstweedledee
Token
mad_gater
majorsal
SueKay
Grace O'Neill
Billie
nell
trupi
scjon
pittsburghgirl
LOL4JACK
sg_1fanintn
xkawaiix
Cassie
ses110
DarkQuee1
divcon
gatebee
Oma-1
Rogue
Gatetrixer
Buc252
dipsofjazz
ColonelWilliams
galaxy
CatySG1
wynter
blueiris
Daniel's Twin
sugarshaker
lonely_star
ann_sgcfan
LadyJeep
‹berSG1Fan
AncientKnowledge
Terrarin
girlgater
shipper_hannah
gatewatcher
Myrth
Katkin
Shimmering Star
BrenRen
sclairef99
LtColSamONeill
get_carter
waterfall
gate_girl12
samisjacksgal
_Anubis
Lynn
Sum1
Kri
jay
shelsfc
m_wendy_r
florence
the_dancer_of_spaz
Twisted_Angel(Sam_rules)
Queen_Eleta
SuSiE SG-1
Poetic Tradegy
Sam O'Neill
Emilee108

I've also added some of our well known members from a while back even though they haven't been around here for a while..

Ship_Nana
Mala
Marimba
Shipperahoy
TameFarrar
bcmilco
LtLisa
Stargate_barbie
sacme (aka Ship_Sistah!)
Auralan

:D:):D:):D:):D:)

~*~Emilee~*~

SuSiE_SG1
July 20th, 2005, 04:20 AM
Welcome to the thread! Read your story. What you wrote so far is ok! Finish the story and give us a lot of shippy moments!

thanks for reading it

Sam_o_Neill
July 20th, 2005, 04:40 AM
*Waves * I'm still here! :D Although I don't post hardly ever.. I still come and read this thread everyday! The Shipper Family has definitely grown! I'll add myself to the list!

<snip>

~*~Emilee~*~

Sorry Emilee!! :)

blueiris
July 20th, 2005, 05:50 AM

*snip*

You can also go to the ship thread under Characters and Relationships and click on the replies number. It tells you all the posters since this particular thread started. Oma-1 is the top poster with 490 posts and then comes Gatebee! I have dropped from the top 10 :( but I am still very much a major shipper! :) But you're right, a lot of founding shippers have not posted since this thread started, even though they are still major shippers.

Sam_o_Neill
July 20th, 2005, 06:00 AM
Thanks Blueiris! I didn't know you could do that! :D:D:D

I'll see who else i need to add to the list :)

ChevronSeven
July 20th, 2005, 06:40 AM
In preparation for Shipper Day...

http://img125.imageshack.us/img125/5161/rickamandagracebw7hk.jpg

Sam_o_Neill
July 20th, 2005, 07:18 AM

Great imae Chevron Seven!!! :D:D:D:D

Gatetrixer
July 20th, 2005, 08:19 AM

There is no RDA look-alike!! He's one of a kind. Just kidding, as I'm sure there is a gray haired actor out there somewhere who could be considered looking a bit like RDA, but......

Just noticed on a skim through of Avalon again, that BBrowder has this habit of glancing a certain way that shows only the whites of his eyes. NOT attractive. In the future there has to be a way of distinguishing between the two BB's. I go for BBro and BBri, but maybe just plain Ben and Beau would be better.

sueKay
July 20th, 2005, 08:26 AM
ALOHA FAIR SHIPPERS!!!!!

Someone (can't remember who) said that there's less of us than there used to be. But I dissagree. I think the difference is that there are fewer regulars now than there used to be. normally average 300 posts a month, but since I lost my internet connection, I've made just over a hundred in three months. A lot of shippers have moved on, but I think we'll see some familiar faces popping up for ship day. I think it was ship mum who kept the original family list, so someone should PM her for it. I also think that a speperate thread is warranted for ship day. It can be integrated into the archive the day after.

I'm feeling positive as ever about S/J ship...just not the show as well...I may as well be honest, that I loved farscape until John and Aeryn completely took it over. That was a ship over-kill and if it had been repeated in SG1, I would still be visiting the Anti thread. I was an S/J anti shipper, and it took me a few months to warm up to S/J and that only happened because it was so well done. I don't like Farscape because of BB and CB, and I fear they're going to take over this show too.

sueKay
July 20th, 2005, 08:27 AM
ALOHA AGAIN FAIR SHIPPERS!

I've got a little announcement

MY SITE'S GOT OVER 1000 HITS!!!!!!!!!!! WOO HOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

misstweedledee
July 20th, 2005, 08:46 AM
ALOHA AGAIN FAIR SHIPPERS!

I've got a little announcement

MY SITE'S GOT OVER 1000 HITS!!!!!!!!!!! WOO HOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey *waves*

congratts suekay, in all fairness you site is great tho :D

comtrya my shippers hope all are well, and everything is right in shipper town

girlgater
July 20th, 2005, 10:47 AM
Hey Shipper Family!

I'm anxious for Part 2 of Avalon. Wonder if they will have any additional phone calls to Sam. It would be great if they could. I was surprised to see her in Part 1, so you never know.

Congrats, sueKay, on your site count. It is a terrific site!

the dancer of spaz
July 20th, 2005, 11:34 AM
Hey guys,

I just wanted to remind you all to vote in the SG-1 Ultimate Episode Thread, so as to save The Broca Divide, Metamorphosis, Divide and Conquer, and Beneath the Surface from being eliminated. I get a kick out of seeing The Broca Divide (somehow, I don't know how) survive round after round, as it is certainly sending some people into a frenzy. Heh heh. :P

OK. Well. Thanks! That is all. :)

Happy shipping!

m_wendy_r
July 20th, 2005, 01:01 PM
Nope sorry :( not T...

Ship Day is still the 28th! So i'll see you there! if i don't see you before :D:)

Aww, I apologise. :o

I tried to give you some Green, I hope it's worked.

Yes, you will see me on Ship Day, hopefully its a seperate thread.

You will probably see me before too.

Wendy

lonely_star
July 20th, 2005, 01:04 PM
hey shipper family !!!!!
hope you're going well
first congrats suekay !!!
second! wow, that list is impressive !!! I'm looking forward july 28th and my first shipper day !! Hope I'll be able to stop by with the time difference between France and the US :o
Third, it's great to see some of you posting fics and pics, that's great ! thanks! :)
Fourth...oh yeah ! I need your opinion my dear family :) I saw online some cheap sg boxsets on amazon.co.uk. I wanted your opinions about the british box set. What do you think of them? and which seasons do you recommend ?? well not the 4th please !! :) this one is already on my list :D :D

and just cause that's you...a big HUG for my family !!! (((((((((((((((((((((shipper family))))))))))))))))))))))

m_wendy_r
July 20th, 2005, 01:05 PM

Hey Lynn.

That doesn't sound wierd at all, I think its save to say that most of us are emotionally attached to the show (and to Sam and Jack). I get all fluttery in the stomach when they are on screen and it has been known to make me cry.

A part of my concern for Season 9 is no Jack or Sam (at least for the first quarter), they are my favourite characters and although SG-1 isn't about that primarily, it is for me.

Don't get me wrong, love the action, the storylines, the science techno-babble and the other characters but Sam and Jack are the main characters and my favourite episodes tend to be centered around them. :)

Don't feel wierd, you're not alone. ;)

Wendy

m_wendy_r
July 20th, 2005, 01:13 PM
This is just a fly by post. I have not been in here for ages (that's what uni will do to you ;))!

But I was lurking and saw this post.
Hey W, it is me T lol! How could you forget?! ;)

Hey to everyone else :). I haven't read any spoilers and I don't want to, to be honest with you (I can wait, no seriously, I am being good ;)). But I am still a big, big shipper! And yes, in my mind they are together too! :D

Ok I will probably go back to lurking now lol!

~Tracey~

T!!!!!!!!!!!!! I do remember you, honestly. It's just I knew the name Sam was in your name and I met so many people last time. I do actually remember Sam o Neill, just not at the right moment, I remembered this morning and smacked my head.

I know what you mean about Uni, although for me it is College that did it. I've finished my first year and I'm well on my way to getting high grades so I can relax now, I did the hard part. YES!

I hope you de-lurk again.

Wendy

m_wendy_r
July 20th, 2005, 01:20 PM

I adore that picture! It's so cute. Love it.

:D
Wendy
Hugs

lonely_star
July 20th, 2005, 01:34 PM
nothing better than a little fics talk before heading to bed! :)

Lynn....you're right! THAT is what I call "fishing"!!! :D :D good job

another question...is Cathain Nottingham on this thread ?? who is she ?? cause she's obviously a shipper :p if you're here I enjoyed Reasons a lot !! congrats and thanks for sharing with us...that excatly what I needed...short funny and shippy shippy !!!!! great to make some good dreams !!!! :) :)

got to go now, have a great day my fellow american shippers and a good night my dear european brothers and see ya all tomorrow!! (no I didn't forget the Australian shippers..I'm not talking to them cause they are sleeping :D :D don't want to bother them in the middle of their big dreamnt honkin' kiss !!!!!!!)

the dancer of spaz
July 20th, 2005, 01:38 PM
Hello again!

For those of you who are interested in voting in the SG-1 Ultimate Episode Tournament (located in the general discussion folder), let me clarify some of the rules. :) It can be kinda confusing if you haven't done it before.

To make sure your votes get counted, you have to enter 8 of your LEAST FAVORITE episodes from the list of episodes still remaining. You can normally find this list from Katerine in one of the most recent previous pages or on the very first page of the thread. :)

Make sure they're your least favorite (or the ones you despise, as many have posted), because many of us have made the mistake of putting our favorites, and the point of this little... game :P ... is to eliminate the ones we don't like. If we vote for eps that have already been elminated, if we vote more than once during a round, or if we vote for more or less than 8 eps, our vote doesn't get counted and that is a bummer! Sometimes these votes can make or break an ep.

I think that's it! Good luck and have fun! :D :P

Lynn
July 20th, 2005, 01:42 PM
Thanks a million - I'm working on some new fics now if I can ever find the time to finish them :-)

As for Cathain, not sure if she's on this thread but I have her e-mail address if you need it.

Sweet dreams :-)

gatewatcher
July 20th, 2005, 01:49 PM
hello, shipper family
spaz.....love the gate geeks!!!!
can' t wait for shipper day next week........hope RL doesn't get in the way!
Sam and Jack forever!!!!!!!!!
Have a great day

July 20th, 2005, 02:21 PM
T!!!!!!!!!!!!! I do remember you, honestly. It's just I knew the name Sam was in your name and I met so many people last time. I do actually remember Sam o Neill, just not at the right moment, I remembered this morning and smacked my head.

I know what you mean about Uni, although for me it is College that did it. I've finished my first year and I'm well on my way to getting high grades so I can relax now, I did the hard part. YES!

I hope you de-lurk again.

Wendy
Well as I am on holiday (well sort of) I thought I would de lurk again! :D

*Giggles*! I knew you would remember, if you didn't I would have just reminded you of the Delphi days and the greatness that was the food fight thread! ;) LOL, well at least you remember now! ;)

Yeah, I only started in April and had exams already. I have got a placement in August! :eek: Oh thatís great, I bet you are glad! :)

Anyway sorry for the OT-ness. And I shall probably be around for ship day too! I have to go to uni in the morning but I will be back in the afternoon! :D Last shipper day was brilliant and I am sure this one will be great too! :)

~Tracey~

Billie
July 20th, 2005, 02:26 PM
Hey gang! Afraid it's a very quick flyby posting for me tonight so best get down to business :)

First off - THANKS SoN for doing the list, you are awesome!! (and very quick btw! :p). Throwing you some green jello for that!!

((((((((Sam_o_Neill)))))))))
Secondly -

I thought the chat between Cameron and Sam was just an innocent chat between friends. But the part where he offered her breakfast when she got back did seem a little weird to me....you never know Cameron might not know about her and Jack :P I bet he'll get a surprise when he finds out :):P
Hey, liking the potential ship possibilities there, good spot SoN!!

and thirdly

I need your opinion my dear family I saw online some cheap sg boxsets on amazon.co.uk. I wanted your opinions about the british box set. What do you think of them? and which seasons do you recommend ?? well not the 4th please !! this one is already on my list

I've got seasons 1-6 on region 2 dvd and they are all great. Lots of cool extras. Funny you should ask about recommended seasons as I was thinking earlier in what order I would rate the 8 so far.

Here's my SG1 chart listing! :)
1. Season 4 (well any red blooded shipper has gotta go for that one at the top!)
2. S6
3. S1
4. S7 (call me fickle but the hallucinated passion in 'grace' bumps this 1 up my list!! ;))
5. S2
6. S5
7. S3
8. S8 (I'm afraid lack of RDA made big difference for me)

PS - seeing as I've devised my list in a mega hurry I'd like to reserve the right to change my mind at anytime!!

Goodnight all and sweet shipper dreams :)

AncientKnowledge
July 20th, 2005, 02:26 PM

(((C7))) This is soooooo cute....I just love it! :D

AncientKnowledge
July 20th, 2005, 02:28 PM
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y81/ElectoralCollage/Sam%20and%20Jack/6e4da895.jpg

AncientKnowledge
July 20th, 2005, 02:29 PM
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y81/ElectoralCollage/Sam%20and%20Jack/f384062c.jpg

AncientKnowledge
July 20th, 2005, 02:31 PM
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y81/ElectoralCollage/Sam%20and%20Jack/c2079080.jpg

AncientKnowledge
July 20th, 2005, 02:32 PM
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y81/ElectoralCollage/Sam%20and%20Jack/c733304a.jpg

AncientKnowledge
July 20th, 2005, 02:35 PM
Just some kisses for the good ol' shipper family!!!

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y81/ElectoralCollage/Sam%20and%20Jack/6d55b51e.jpg

AncientKnowledge
July 20th, 2005, 02:43 PM
And you know I wish and hope and pray for this one....

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y81/ElectoralCollage/pov50.jpg
:p

Lynn
July 20th, 2005, 03:04 PM
Just some kisses for the good ol' shipper family!!!

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y81/ElectoralCollage/Sam%20and%20Jack/6d55b51e.jpg

What ep was this from?

Thaks
Lynn

dipsofjazz
July 20th, 2005, 03:35 PM
Hey guys,

I just wanted to remind you all to vote in the SG-1 Ultimate Episode Thread, so as to save The Broca Divide, Metamorphosis, Divide and Conquer, and Beneath the Surface from being eliminated. I get a kick out of seeing The Broca Divide (somehow, I don't know how) survive round after round, as it is certainly sending some people into a frenzy. Heh heh. :P

OK. Well. Thanks! That is all. :)

Happy shipping!
I'll just add to this post. I think some of the shippers aren't too sure what to do, so I'll give it my best shot...
The idea is to vote for eight episodes you want eliminated.
The very first post in the thread is updated every round, so you can see which episodes are left. It's best to check this before you vote, as if you add an episode that has already gone, all your post is discounted.
We could do with as many shippers as possible voting, as all of the shippy episodes are in grave danger of being eliminated very soon.
I hope this was a help, but if I've made you all more confused, I apologize! :D

ETA: LOL! I see that you've already been given your instructions! :p Now we all know what to do...let's get voting! :D

florence
July 20th, 2005, 03:35 PM
What ep was this from?

Thaks
Lynn
It's not from an episode. It's just AT and RDA playing during a promo photoshot.

dipsofjazz
July 20th, 2005, 03:45 PM
hey shipper family !!!!!
hope you're going well <snip>

Fourth...oh yeah ! I need your opinion my dear family :) I saw online some cheap sg boxsets on amazon.co.uk. I wanted your opinions about the british box set. What do you think of them? and which seasons do you recommend ?? well not the 4th please !! :) this one is already on my list :D :D

and just cause that's you...a big HUG for my family !!! (((((((((((((((((((((shipper family))))))))))))))))))))))
:D Hi there. I have all seven seasons on box set, and all of them are great! If you like the extras, as in the commentaries, directors series etc, then you have to go for the sets from S4-S7. As you say, you have to buy s4, but the shippy episodes are scattered throughout the other seasons, so I'm not too sure what to recommend. If you are interested in the audio commentaries with Amanda Tapping, she does...
Ascension, Red Sky, Avenger 2.0. Evolution pt 2, Death Knell, Ressurection, Lost City.
If you would like more information, feel free to PM me. :D

sg-1fanintn
July 20th, 2005, 03:51 PM
My apologies! Apparently, I missed Round 32 altogether! Round 33 of the Fave Episodes Tournament has begun. Fallout was eliminated in Round 31. Prisoners was eliminated in Round 32. Divide & Conquer (the holy grail of J/S shippiness) is now #5 from the top, which means itís very close to being eliminated!

You can make a difference!. Please keep voting! Catch up on the tourney (and which eps have been eliminated so far) here:
http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost.php?p=4371081&postcount=1502

Lynn
July 20th, 2005, 05:48 PM
It's not from an episode. It's just AT and RDA playing during a promo photoshot.

Oh that's just really depressing :(

gatebee
July 20th, 2005, 06:07 PM
My apologies! Apparently, I missed Round 32 altogether! Round 33 of the Fave Episodes Tournament has begun. Fallout was eliminated in Round 31. Prisoners was eliminated in Round 32. Divide & Conquer (the holy grail of J/S shippiness) is now #5 from the top, which means itís very close to being eliminated!

You can make a difference!. Please keep voting! Catch up on the tourney (and which eps have been eliminated so far) here:
http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost.php?p=4371081&postcount=1502
I tried playing at that site but made a boo boo. So I deleted my responce.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v205/FilBrit1/behindthescene12.jpg
pic fr rda-forever or rdanderson site

Buc252
July 20th, 2005, 06:41 PM
Greetings! I've come up for some air!! I'm reading the Stargate Fan Awards nominations! **shiver**tingle**fans self**

The Ship will come!!! Avalon The ship was under the radar but even so, between the little that we got, Amanda's "clue," and general spoilers, there will be more Ship in Season 9. But, I agree, I am not sticking around for Season 10 without something certain revealed to us!! **stomps foot and wears determined expression on face** Um, but then where do I go? **sniff sniff**

Uh huh . . . that's what everybody here said about watching Season 9 when we got no resolution in 8! :p And look at how many are watching now. LOL

Nah, I think TPTB know exactly what they're doing, and know that, for all our threats/oaths to do it, the shippers (well, most of them) are simply too optimistic to quit watching, even if S&J aren't together in Season 23! <g>

Just razzing you - don't be offended. I do find it funny, though. :D

Buc252
July 20th, 2005, 07:09 PM
Hey gang! Afraid it's a very quick flyby posting for me tonight so best get down to business :)

First off - THANKS SoN for doing the list, you are awesome!! (and very quick btw! :p). Throwing you some green jello for that!!

((((((((Sam_o_Neill)))))))))
Secondly -

Hey, liking the potential ship possibilities there, good spot SoN!!

and thirdly

I've got seasons 1-6 on region 2 dvd and they are all great. Lots of cool extras. Funny you should ask about recommended seasons as I was thinking earlier in what order I would rate the 8 so far.

1. Season 4 (well any red blooded shipper has gotta go for that one at the top!)
2. S6
3. S1
4. S7 (call me fickle but the hallucinated passion in 'grace' bumps this 1 up my list!! ;))
5. S2
6. S5
7. S3

PS - seeing as I've devised my list in a mega hurry I'd like to reserve the right to change my mind at anytime!!

I don't think I can really rank them, but I can say that my favorites are S4 (for ship), S2 (the season of JackWhumping), and S6 (shippy *and* Jonas!). They all get A's. After that, S1 and S3 get a B grade, while S7 gets a C (for Jonas, at least), S5 gets a D and S8 gets an F.

Have you noticed just how much Jack gets whumped in S2?? Almost every single episode has *something* - major or minor - happen to him! It's really quite amusing. I never understand why people insist that Daniel gets hurt a lot. Jack's been hurt much, much more than ol' needlenose. <g>

nell
July 20th, 2005, 07:13 PM
Um, my post shows 6:14 a.m. yesterday! But, it's 10:12 p.m. today (Wednesday). Did I just post in the twilight zone??? :eek:

mad_gater
July 20th, 2005, 08:51 PM
Uh huh . . . that's what everybody here said about watching Season 9 when we got no resolution in 8! :p And look at how many are watching now. LOL

Nah, I think TPTB know exactly what they're doing, and know that, for all our threats/oaths to do it, the shippers (well, most of them) are simply too optimistic to quit watching, even if S&J aren't together in Season 23! <g>

I just watch unofficially, which means that TPTB get no ratings from me....if all of you watched the same way I did, I think they'd see a noticeable drop in ratings.

Once I have a place of my own maybe I could host a shipper party (course if I have roomates I'd have to make sure they're gonna be away for the duration of our party :P).

Of course having all the shippers gather in one place might create a disturbance in the Force, if ya know what I mean. :P:D:P:D:P:D:P:D

Billie
July 20th, 2005, 10:02 PM
Morning all :)

Am dashing off to work but just wanted to spread some shipper hugs before I go!

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a57/pcbillie/heroes.jpg
:) :p ;) :D

See you all later!

misstweedledee
July 21st, 2005, 01:05 AM
Hey *Waves*

Goodmorning shippers

So i'm checking the thread before work and imagine my horror when i disscover we aren't on the top page :eek:

So i'm doin my bit to change that :)

Have we all checked out the new spoilers for "Ripple Effect"
spoilers ripple effect

NEW! June 28 - "'Ripple Effect' -- well, can't say much without giving this one away but, suffice it to say, we'll see plenty of Carter in this episode."
(Executive producer Joseph Mallozzi, in a message at GateWorld Forum (http://forum.gateworld.net/))

This SO means Jacobs back,and we all know he's gonna wanna know if his little girl has followed his relationship advidce, which she so has :D :p ;)

i spy ship !!!!

hope all are o.k

misstweedledee
July 21st, 2005, 01:43 AM
Hey *waves*

Well i'm off to work, woo hoo so i shall speak to you all later

have a good day :)

divcon
July 21st, 2005, 03:12 AM
Hi Buc252!!

I run hot and cold on this but when it comes down to it, I keep watchin'!! :D Hee, hee! I have experience dropping shows cold, e.g. 24, Alias, and so forth when they did not deliver/were silly/were audacious and you get my drift. But, somehow, I hold onto SG-1 and Sam and Jack. I think the fanfiction fortifies me somehow. :p I didn't read fanfic before Stargate. Speaking of which, there is a hot story that I must finish in the Stargate Fan Awards noms. :p **shivers**fans self**stupid grin on face** :rolleyes:

Oh nell, I so agree, I have a habit of dropping a show if it gets to be to ridiculus(?). I think I'll hang around for S9 (when we eventually get to see it), I love SG1 and I don't think I could give it up completely. I just hope that TPTB give us some ship. As you said fanfic is truly amazing. I too hadn't read fanfic prior to a few months ago when I got the net. I now love to read and I write some as well. Mostly mine is ship related and I just can't seem to stop.

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b187/divcon/lookatmejack.jpg

*Nothing beats the loving looks between our two fav characters.*

nell
July 21st, 2005, 03:14 AM

Hi Buc252!!

I run hot and cold on this but when it comes down to it, I keep watchin'!! :D Hee, hee! I have experience dropping shows cold, e.g. 24, Alias, and so forth when they did not deliver/were silly/were audacious and you get my drift. But, somehow, I hold onto SG-1 and Sam and Jack. I think the fanfiction fortifies me somehow. :p I didn't read fanfic before Stargate. Speaking of which, there is a hot story that I must finish in the Stargate Fan Awards noms. :p **shivers**fans self**stupid grin on face** :rolleyes:

sueKay
July 21st, 2005, 04:29 AM
ALOHA!

I start work in half an hour...so I'll make this brief

THANKIES for all the congrats on the site!!!!!!!

Leanne SO agree that the Ripple Effect sounds shippy...I think if it's a Sam ep, either Jacob or Grace will show up and after s7 and 8, that screams ship!

Sam_o_Neill
July 21st, 2005, 05:19 AM
Hey *Waves*

Goodmorning shippers

So i'm checking the thread before work and imagine my horror when i disscover we aren't on the top page :eek:

So i'm doin my bit to change that :)

Have we all checked out the new spoilers for "Ripple Effect"
spoilers ripple effect

NEW! June 28 - "'Ripple Effect' -- well, can't say much without giving this one away but, suffice it to say, we'll see plenty of Carter in this episode."
(Executive producer Joseph Mallozzi, in a message at GateWorld Forum (http://forum.gateworld.net/))

This SO means Jacobs back,and we all know he's gonna wanna know if his little girl has followed his relationship advidce, which she so has :D :p ;)

i spy ship !!!!

hope all are o.k

ooooh! I've just been to read all the spoilers for Ripple Effect! It sounds like a great episode! :D:D:D

Ripple Effect but when I read the bit about 'the return of a dearly loved, sorely missed character' it was Janet who instantly sprang to mind. and also the fact that Joe mention that the plot came from an idea pitched last year could also mean janet because Jacob wasn't dead until the end of season 8 so they wouldn't have to bring him back.....
ANyway thats just the way I took it because even Janet would make it heavily Sam centred wouldn't she...I know it would have a higher possiblility of ship if Jacob came back but we all know Janet, she was Sams best friend and I doubt Sam could hide the fact that she is with Jack for very long ;):P Jan could see straight through her :P

I'm actually quite excited about the rest of Season 9 now!! :D:D

divcon
July 21st, 2005, 05:50 AM
ooooh! I've just been to read all the spoilers for Ripple Effect! It sounds like a great episode! :D:D:D

Ripple Effect but when I read the bit about 'the return of a dearly loved, sorely missed character' it was Janet who instantly sprang to mind. and also the fact that Joe mention that the plot came from an idea pitched last year could also mean janet because Jacob wasn't dead until the end of season 8 so they wouldn't have to bring him back.....
ANyway thats just the way I took it because even Janet would make it heavily Sam centred wouldn't she...I know it would have a higher possiblility of ship if Jacob came back but we all know Janet, she was Sams best friend and I doubt Sam could hide the fact that she is with Jack for very long ;):P Jan could see straight through her :P

I hope you're right because I don't think Sam could hide her love for Jack from Janet because a couple of times Janet has mentioned it. Like in 'A Hundred Days' when Sam was working in the lab and also in 'Divide and Conquer' she was in the observation room when Jack and Sam declared their feelings for each other. It would also be great to see Teryl again, if only for one episode.

galaxy
July 21st, 2005, 05:54 AM
there's one thing that's crossed my mind about our upcoming shipper day festivities.... (...)
i'm not going to look at how many posts we make on that day, but the quality of them.(....)

Quality??? :eek:

I aimed to write paroles like:

Happy Ship-Day!!!
Sam and Jack forever!!!
Ship is hip!!!

:D :D :D

Well, I better go and think about something more poetic and intellectual demanding.... :p

galaxy
July 21st, 2005, 05:59 AM

YAY!!!!!!!!!

((((((((((((PoeticTragedy)))))))))))))))

So glad you are back!!! :D

shipper hannah
July 21st, 2005, 06:07 AM
i really hope the sorely missed character is jacob or janet. i'm not sure which one it is, but when joe said ' there's a lot of carter in this ep' or something like that, it made me think maybe it's jacob carter. what do you think?
someone tell me when ship day is again? i forgot *duck flying banana skins*

divcon
July 21st, 2005, 06:54 AM

July 28th I think. Only been here a few months so don't take that as gospel. :S :rolleyes:

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b187/divcon/stayathome.jpg

Jack and Sam are getting ready to join in.

Oma-1
July 21st, 2005, 07:19 AM
i really hope the sorely missed character is jacob or janet. i'm not sure which one it is, but when joe said ' there's a lot of carter in this ep' or something like that, it made me think maybe it's jacob carter. what do you think?
Divcon is quite right :D Ship Day is July 28th.

Joe's been questioned a LOT on who the much missed character is and basically laughs at everyones suggestions of Jacob and Janet. But he hasn't answered the question so who knows? :p Others have suggested Hammond but I've not seen a reply to that one either.

*shrugs* He's doing that vague watch-and-see thing again. :rolleyes:

Sam_o_Neill
July 21st, 2005, 07:20 AM
I hope you're right because I don't think Sam could hide her love for Jack from Janet because a couple of times Janet has mentioned it. Like in 'A Hundred Days' when Sam was working in the lab and also in 'Divide and Conquer' she was in the observation room when Jack and Sam declared their feelings for each other. It would also be great to see Teryl again, if only for one episode.

Yeah it would be really great! I really miss Janet and its going to be worse now we have a new official CMO....:( I do hope it is Janet! although Jacob would definately ask sam about her and Jack!

Sam_o_Neill
July 21st, 2005, 07:24 AM
Has everyone heard about the new incidents in London??
I can't believe it! What do these people get out of scaring everyone like this!?!?!?!?:mad:

galaxy
July 21st, 2005, 07:25 AM

Yes, ship day is on july 28th...wohooo...just one week to go! :D

Did he say that this "sorely missed character" returns in "Ripple effect"?
If so, then I also think it's Jacob. Who else?
He and Janet are the only two characters, who are really missed by the fans and Janet's family name was not Carter last time I checked, so...

I would love to see Jacob again. I like him so much and I'm still sad that he had to die. I loved the relationship he and Sam had. It was one of the most interesting relationships in the whole show IMHO, because it was a bit complex and developed over the years.

Sure, his death gave us shippy scenes, but they could have rescued him in the last moment... :rolleyes:
Whoever it is, it sounds like this episode has ship-potential. YAY! :D

galaxy
July 21st, 2005, 07:29 AM

Joe's been questioned a LOT on who the much missed character is and basically laughs at everyones suggestions of Jacob and Janet. But he hasn't answered the question so who knows? :p Others have suggested Hammond but I've not seen a reply to that one either.

Oooh, how could I forget Hammond!!!
Don't worry! You are missed too, George! LOL :p

Sam_o_Neill
July 21st, 2005, 07:33 AM
Oooh, how could I forget Hammond!!!
Don't worry! You are missed too, George! LOL :p

oooh I never thought about Hammond either..:o I do miss him! Really I do!

galaxy
July 21st, 2005, 07:38 AM
Has everyone heard about the new incidents in London??
I can't believe it! What do these people get out of scaring everyone like this!?!?!?!?:mad:

I'm just watching CNN international, but I don't know if anyone is injured.....hope not. :(

divcon
July 21st, 2005, 07:45 AM

I'm sure I read or heard somewhere (don't ask me where) that George DOES appear in S9 but I'm not sure when. :rolleyes:

Sam_o_Neill
July 21st, 2005, 07:47 AM
I'm just watching CNN international, but I don't know if anyone is injured.....hope not. :(

I've heard that so far there are only 2 people known to be injured..an old lady with a head injury and a young man. :( Hopefully there won't be anymore..

Sam_o_Neill
July 21st, 2005, 07:48 AM
I'm sure I read or heard somewhere (don't ask me where) that George DOES appear in S9 but I'm not sure when. :rolleyes:

Thats good :) He's well overdue for another visit to see his beloved chair :P;)

girlgater
July 21st, 2005, 07:54 AM

I did read somewhere that General Hammond would be making an appearance in S9. It's nothing against him, as I love him too, but I would really like to see Janet again--and Jacob. Shucks, why can't they all come back??

divcon
July 21st, 2005, 08:00 AM
I did read somewhere that General Hammond would be making an appearance in S9. It's nothing against him, as I love him too, but I would really like to see Janet again--and Jacob. Shucks, why can't they all come back??

You'd think that with the way Moebius was worked that maybe Janet and Jacob could have been alive. Now that would solve all the problems of our missing our people. :)

misstweedledee
July 21st, 2005, 08:21 AM
ALOHA!

I start work in half an hour...so I'll make this brief

THANKIES for all the congrats on the site!!!!!!!

Leanne SO agree that the Ripple Effect sounds shippy...I think if it's a Sam ep, either Jacob or Grace will show up and after s7 and 8, that screams ship!

Hey *waves*

Oh My God Sue most definatly agree with you, :D :p ;)

misstweedledee
July 21st, 2005, 08:26 AM

ANyway thats just the way I took it because even Janet would make it heavily Sam centred wouldn't she...I know it would have a higher possiblility of ship if Jacob came back but we all know Janet, she was Sams best friend and I doubt Sam could hide the fact that she is with Jack for very long ;):p Jan could see straight through her :p

Hey *waves*

must admit that didn't cross my mind, good point tho. I just thought that

It would be Jacod because i tokk the carter comment to mean more that one carter rather than having the ep centered around Sam.
Plus i'm sure i remeber someone sayin that at some convention or sumit or other it was confirmed that jacob WOULD be back in season 9.

Besided we need janet back aswell, this season is goin to see Hammon and Jacob, we definatly need some janet in there aswell :)

Just athought

galaxy
July 21st, 2005, 08:40 AM
Did you read that?

"Just last week we were discussing a story that (if everything falls into place) might see the possible temporary return of a dearly departed character." (J.M.)

Okay, can anyone tell me what "departed" means...I thought it means "dead", right? :S
But if it means dead, then this time it can't be Hammond who returns....so the chance that it's either Jacob or Janet is much higher.
Can anyone help me with the my English please...? :o
Did I misunderstand that? :S

Just wanted to add: This is my 666th post...*evil grin* :D

pittsburghgirl
July 21st, 2005, 08:43 AM
Did you read that?

"Just last week we were discussing a story that (if everything falls into place) might see the possible temporary return of a dearly departed character." (J.M.)

Okay, can anyone tell me what "departed" means...I thought it means "dead", right? :S
But if it means dead, then this time it can't be Hammond who returns....so the chance that it's either Jacob or Janet is much higher.
Can anyone help me with the my English please...? :o
Did I misunderstand that? :S
knowing the way they play the word games-it can mean gone or dead.

galaxy
July 21st, 2005, 08:47 AM
knowing the way they play the word games-it can mean gone or dead.

Ah okay....doesn't make it clearer then..... :S

Thanks for your help pittsburghgirl!!! :)

misstweedledee
July 21st, 2005, 08:49 AM

Hey *waves*

Well don't forget that.....

Hammond is goin to be in the Fouth Hourseman. They posted that on stargate solutions the other day http://stargate-sg1-solutions.com/ipw-web/b2/index.php?cat=3 :)

Catysg1
July 21st, 2005, 08:50 AM
You'd think that with the way Moebius was worked that maybe Janet and Jacob could have been alive. Now that would solve all the problems of our missing our people. :)

Yes, I thought about that too ...it would have been a nice gesture speciallyy for the Janet Fans to see her again in Moebius ...but TPTB seems to rush everything and miss all the great opportunities ..They need to perhaps go back and learn how to make a great show ..Is there a book anywhere ?!!

Caty:)

divcon
July 21st, 2005, 08:53 AM
Okay, time to go to bed, it's 1.50am Friday. So I'll leave you with

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b187/divcon/gracekiss2.jpg

*an oldie but a goodie*

Catysg1
July 21st, 2005, 08:58 AM
Hi Buc252!!

Ohhh What's wrong with 24 and Alias ?!!

I know it is a bit OT but 24 is a great action show with plenty of suspense ..Season 4 was excellent ..As for Alias they really do some good ship in there ..I'm not that keen on some episodes I have seen in season 4 so far but It is still a very good action show with a very human ship where 2 people loving each other can't wait forever ..and Alias tptb seems to follow the human nature ....with sweet cuddles for the RST now that Syd and Vaughn are a couple .

I wish we could have had a bit more cuddles a la Deathknell and Heroes between Sam and Jack ....in the 8 years of the show .May be it would be easier to digest the lack of ship in season 9 .

Sam_o_Neill
July 21st, 2005, 09:17 AM
Hey *waves*

must admit that didn't cross my mind, good point tho. I just thought that

It would be Jacod because i tokk the carter comment to mean more that one carter rather than having the ep centered around Sam.
Plus i'm sure i remeber someone sayin that at some convention or sumit or other it was confirmed that jacob WOULD be back in season 9.

Besided we need janet back aswell, this season is goin to see Hammon and Jacob, we definatly need some janet in there aswell :)

Just athought

Oh I get what you mean about the Carter comment..I din't take it that way.
But to be honest I really don't mind wether its Jacob or Janet I want to see them both!!! :):)

Stargate gal
July 21st, 2005, 09:30 AM
[[COLOR=Navy]QUOTE=Sam_o_Neill]Oh I get what you mean about the Carter comment..I din't take it that way.
But to be honest I really don't mind wether its Jacob or Janet I want to see them both!!! :):)[/QUOTE]

Hey, I'm a newby on the site and I totally agree with you guys about "Anything could happen after Moebius". I kept saying that to my parents but they said Janet and Jacob died for a reason: the actors were to busy and quit, or they retired. But I so wish they would come back, we don't know that many living Tok'ras and we don't have a lead doctor. It could really help with the explanations to my friends about Stargate SG-1.

PS: what happened with Jack in the first episode of season 9? (I don't get Scifi) I've been trying to find out for a week!

m_wendy_r
July 21st, 2005, 10:36 AM
Well as I am on holiday (well sort of) I thought I would de lurk again! :D

*Giggles*! I knew you would remember, if you didn't I would have just reminded you of the Delphi days and the greatness that was the food fight thread! ;) LOL, well at least you remember now! ;)

Yeah, I only started in April and had exams already. I have got a placement in August! :eek: Oh thatís great, I bet you are glad! :)

Anyway sorry for the OT-ness. And I shall probably be around for ship day too! I have to go to uni in the morning but I will be back in the afternoon! :D Last shipper day was brilliant and I am sure this one will be great too! :)

~Tracey~

I definently remember the Delphi days! And for old times sakes *throws a bucket of custard* hee

I am glad and good luck with your placement.

YAY, be here for Ship Day, I can't wait.

*Keeps chanting* Ship Day, Ship Day Ship Day Ship Day Ship Day.

I may be going mad ;) :P

Wendy

m_wendy_r
July 21st, 2005, 10:52 AM

2. S6
3. S1
5. S2
6. S5
7. S3

I can't put seasons in a firm list. So anything I do say, it's not concrete. LOL

1. Season 4 (of course ;))
2. Season 8 (Despite the lack of RDA, Threads did this for me)
3. Season 7 (Just for Grace, and I've never heard of Chimera... Just kidding. Pete was cute, just not for Sam)
4. Season 1 (The Broca Divide, I love that episode)
5. Season 6 (Metamorphosis, Paradise Lost & even Descent and plenty of other little snippets of Shippy Gold)
6. Season 2 (This is because of In the Line of Duty, The Fifth Race & 1969)
7. Season 5 (Desperate Measures, I liked Ascension & Fail Safe)
8. Season 3 (There is nothing wrong with Season 3, it just seems to have found it's way to the bottom, mmm....)

I haven't seen Season 9.

And just like Billie, I also reserve the right to edit this list at anytime. :P ;)

Wendy

m_wendy_r
July 21st, 2005, 10:55 AM
Firstly, I'd like to thank everyone that has welcomed me and sent me some of those green cool stuff. ;)

Secondly,

I'd like it to be Janet that is the sorely missed character, although Jack is already sorely missed

Of course, it could be wishful thinking.

Wendy
Hugs ;)

Sam_o_Neill
July 21st, 2005, 11:30 AM
I can't put seasons in a firm list. So anything I do say, it's not concrete. LOL

3. Season 7 (Just for Grace, and I've never heard of Chimera... Just kidding. Pete was cute, just not for Sam)
5. Season 6 (Metamorphosis, Paradise Lost & even Descent and plenty of other little snippets of Shippy Gold)
8. Season 3 (There is nothing wrong with Season 3, it just seems to have found it's way to the bottom, mmm....)

I haven't seen Season 9.

And just like Billie, I also reserve the right to edit this list at anytime. :P ;)

Wendy

I don't want to feel left out so i'm going to list my fave seasons aswell :P;)
but as you have both said it is nothing concrete cause its all Stargate and almost all of them are great in their own little ways :)

1. Season 4! (I bet you can't guess why :P;))
2. Season 7 (Lost City was the best Season finale IMO and all the eps were great! Exept Chimera of course!)
3. Season 6 (Thinking about it this was quite a shippy season and it had Jonas! :))
4. Season 8 (Threads! Sam/Jack! :))
5. Season 5 (There were some good storylines here not much ship tho.)
6. Season 2 (In the line of Duty was a good one :))
7. Season 3 (Some good episodes...)
8. Season 1 (After all SG-1 know now its weird watching the old eps where they hardly know anything about anything lol :S)

Sam_o_Neill
July 21st, 2005, 11:35 AM
Hey, I'm a newby on the site and I totally agree with you guys about "Anything could happen after Moebius". I kept saying that to my parents but they said Janet and Jacob died for a reason: the actors were to busy and quit, or they retired. But I so wish they would come back, we don't know that many living Tok'ras and we don't have a lead doctor. It could really help with the explanations to my friends about Stargate SG-1.

PS: what happened with Jack in the first episode of season 9? (I don't get Scifi) I've been trying to find out for a week!

Hey Stargate_Gal! Welcome to the shipper family thread! :D
I agree with you about Jacob and Janet!
As for Jack in Avalon, he has been promoted to head of Homeworld security in Washington (Hammonds old job) so he is no longer at the SGC:( We will see him again in episode 3 but thats it for now, we haven't heard wether he will be seen in any others at the moment...

pittsburghgirl
July 21st, 2005, 11:38 AM
Hey Stargate_Gal! Welcome to the shipper family thread! :D
I agree with you about Jacob and Janet!
As for Jack in Avalon, he has been promoted to head of Homeworld security in Washington (Hammonds old job) so he is no longer at the SGC:( We will see him again in episode 3 but thats it for now, we haven't heard wether he will be seen in any others at the moment...
have they actually said that jack was in charge of homeworld security in the episode. I don't think I recall hearing that said.

m_wendy_r
July 21st, 2005, 11:41 AM
I don't want to feel left out so i'm going to list my fave seasons aswell :P;)
but as you have both said it is nothing concrete cause its all Stargate and almost all of them are great in their own little ways :)

1. Season 4! (I bet you can't guess why :P;))
2. Season 7 (Lost City was the best Season finale IMO and all the eps were great! Exept Chimera of course!)
3. Season 6 (Thinking about it this was quite a shippy season and it had Jonas! :))
4. Season 8 (Threads! Sam/Jack! :))
5. Season 5 (There were some good storylines here not much ship tho.)
6. Season 2 (In the line of Duty was a good one :))
7. Season 3 (Some good episodes...)
8. Season 1 (After all SG-1 know now its weird watching the old eps where they hardly know anything about anything lol :S)

LOL! I always find when watching Season 1 is that I shout at the TV, ALOT! Hee. I'm always telling them they're wrong. But still it's a good season and it sets the show up really well, as well as the Sam and Jack Ship :D

Wendy

Queen Eleta
July 21st, 2005, 11:42 AM
have they actually said that jack was in charge of homeworld security in the episode. I don't think I recall hearing that said.

No one actually said that at all. I was waiting for an explanation and got none!! I am asuming we will hear about it in ep. 3. But then again... I have learned to assume nothing!!!

Sam_o_Neill
July 21st, 2005, 11:44 AM

You're right actually they didn't....:o
I don't think there was a full explanation of why Jack, or Sam for that matter, was actually away from the SGC :confused: Hopefully we'll get more info later on in the season.

Sam_o_Neill
July 21st, 2005, 11:48 AM
LOL! I always find when watching Season 1 is that I shout at the TV, ALOT! Hee. I'm always telling them they're wrong. But still it's a good season and it sets the show up really well, as well as the Sam and Jack Ship :D

Wendy

lol yeah same here :) But you are right it was still a good season and there are a few episodes I enjoy :):)

m_wendy_r
July 21st, 2005, 11:50 AM
I don't think there was a full explanation of why Jack, or Sam for that matter, was actually away from the SGC :confused: Hopefully we'll get more info later on in the season.

I'm confused now.

I know it wasn't said in the episode, but I'm sure sure sure it was said somewhere.

mmmm

Wendy

Sam_o_Neill
July 21st, 2005, 11:53 AM
Yeah it must have been in one of the spoilers somewhere because thats automatically what I thought :S It has definately been said, I just don't know where :S

Lynn
July 21st, 2005, 11:55 AM
I actually posted a question to Joe Mallozzi about that very topic but he hasn't answered yet.

BTW -thanks to everyone who read and gave feedback to my first fic. It made me so happy that I went home and typed up the first chapter of a new fic set around Season 8's Affinity ep. Yes it's Sam and Pete's engagement and how Jack reacts! And feedback and reviews would be awesome cos unlike alot of you I haven't typed anything fictional since I left secondary (high) school which is now 16 years ago (shock, horror!).

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2494468/1/

Sam_o_Neill
July 21st, 2005, 11:55 AM
Round 33 has ended in the Best Episode Tournament! Broca Divide has gone! :( Lets get voting for round #34 to stop Divide and Conquor being next!!!

Go to the first post for full rules and list of epiosdes still available to vote for!
http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost.php?p=4295728&postcount=1

:)

m_wendy_r
July 21st, 2005, 11:56 AM
Yeah it must have been in one of the spoilers somewhere because thats automatically what I thought :S It has definately been said, I just don't know where :S

Is Jack in Episode 3?

Because then if he is, hopefully they will confirm this spoiler that I too know I have read :S

If only he'd stayed at the SGC....

Wendy

PS. I'll be back in an hour, I'm going to go and watch Will & Grace, which is unfortunately downstairs on my TV, and I'm up here. LOL

Sam_o_Neill
July 21st, 2005, 12:02 PM
Yep he is in Episode 3 :) I'm hoping we get more info about why he is missing then :)

I'm off to watch Will and Grace too so c u in an hour :)

m_wendy_r
July 21st, 2005, 12:59 PM
Yep he is in Episode 3 :) I'm hoping we get more info about why he is missing then :)

I'm off to watch Will and Grace too so c u in an hour :)

YAY for Episode 3!!!!

Here's hoping. I guess the spoiler is true and it does make some sense.

Cool. I didn't realise you watched Will & Grace. :)

Wendy
Hugs ;)

Sam_o_Neill
July 21st, 2005, 01:02 PM
He sould definately be back for episode 3! If he isn't i'll cry! we need to see him as much as possible this season!

Yeah I'm a big fan of Will and Grace :) Did you watch it on Living TV +1 just??

Sam_o_Neill
July 21st, 2005, 01:12 PM
Goin for a nice relaxing http://bestsmileys.com/bath/3.gif now :) be back on in a bit :D:D:D

Sam/Jack forever! Only 1 day until Avalon Pt.2! :D

m_wendy_r
July 21st, 2005, 01:17 PM
He sould definately be back for episode 3! If he isn't i'll cry! we need to see him as much as possible this season!

Yeah I'm a big fan of Will and Grace :) Did you watch it on Living TV +1 just??

I know what you mean, especially since he's not there as much. Every scene he is in will be pure Gold, actually it's possible it will be pure Diamond. ;)

Yeah, I love Will & Grace. It's amazingly funny, and yes Just on Living TV +1 just now. Good stuff.

Wendy

PS, Enjoy you're bath. I'm assuming that meant bath... LOL

lonely_star
July 21st, 2005, 01:18 PM
hey family !!
wanted to thank those who answered my little question. Finally I bought the season 4 (of course !!) and the 6 :) I'll buy the 7 later cause I really like lost city.... that's a national treasure ;) :p

concerning the discussion going on about the sorely missed character...I agree it sounds more like Jacob because of the Carter comment bu I'd love to see Hammond or Janet...in every case it's all good for us !!! :)

BTW any news about this fictional season 9 ??? SueKay ??? need help with something ? just let me know I'll do my best with the time I have. (SueKay...hope your fic is going well!!! I'm looking forward to it!!! come on girl !!! ;) ...no pressure of course :D :D :D )

see ya all tomorrow guys and ....I send my thougts to all the family members from London and Great Britain in general cause it touches a whole nation... I think of you and hope you're not feeling too bad...
((((((((((((((((((((((((just for you))))))))))))))))))))))))))

m_wendy_r
July 21st, 2005, 01:21 PM
hey family !!
wanted to thank those who answered to my little question. Finally I bought the season 4 (of course !!) and the 6 :) I'll buy the 7 later cause I really like lost city.... that's a national treasure ;) :p

concerning the discussion going on about the sorely missed character...I agree it sounds more like Jacob because of the Carter comment bu I'd love to see Hammond or Janet...in every case it's all good for us !!! :)

BTW any news about this fictional season 9 ??? SueKay ??? need help with something ? just let me know I'll do my best with the time I have. (SueKay...hope your fic is going well!!! I'm looking forward it!!! come on girl !!! ;) ...no pressure of course :D :D :D )

see ya all tomorrow guys and ....I send my thougts to all the family memebre from London and Great Britain in general cause it touches a whole nation... I think of you and hope you're not feeling too bad...
((((((((((((((((((((((((just for you))))))))))))))))))))))))))

I'm going to London in 10 days :S :S :S

But I'm sure I'll be okay. Thank you. My thoughts to anyone else here who has been caught up in this and you're right it does affect the whole nation.

And about the sorely missed character

I'd like to think it's Janet, because Sam and Janet were really close, and plus Janet's been gone longer. I miss her

Wendy

gatewatcher
July 21st, 2005, 01:35 PM
Okay, time to go to bed, it's 1.50am Friday. So I'll leave you with

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b187/divcon/gracekiss2.jpg

*an oldie but a goodie*

AHHHHHH, Thanks, divcon, for the nice afternoon uplift!!!!!!!!!! :D

July 21st, 2005, 01:46 PM
I definently remember the Delphi days! And for old times sakes *throws a bucket of custard* hee

Wendy
:D glad you do! I was just talking about the good old days yesterday with 'thelittlesis' when we meet up lol! Aaawww that is so nice *is drowned in custard by the cunning Wendy so she strikes back by throwing over thousands of shipper cookies* ;)!

Thank you, I find out tomorrow which hospital I am going too! :eek: :D

I will, I will! :) I am all in a shippy mood so I am definitely ready for it. Last night I watched Grace! I love that episodeÖ that kiss is just so great :) .

Oh and my thoughts are with everyone who were effected by the events that happened in London today too. I have only this minute just heard about it! I was out all day! :(

~Tracey~

Sam_o_Neill
July 21st, 2005, 01:51 PM
I know what you mean, especially since he's not there as much. Every scene he is in will be pure Gold, actually it's possible it will be pure Diamond. ;)

Yeah, I love Will & Grace. It's amazingly funny, and yes Just on Living TV +1 just now. Good stuff.

Wendy

PS, Enjoy you're bath. I'm assuming that meant bath... LOL

Yeah! Definately pure diamond! :D

Will and Grace was good tonight :) I thought Will was really sweet in the last one where he danced with Karen..:)

I did mean bath :) and it was very nice thank you :D

((((((((((((((((((((Wendy)))))))))))))))))))))))

Gatetrixer
July 21st, 2005, 02:49 PM
[[COLOR=Navy]QUOTE=Sam_o_Neill]Oh I get what you mean about the Carter comment..I din't take it that way.
But to be honest I really don't mind wether its Jacob or Janet I want to see them both!!! :):)

PS: what happened with Jack in the first episode of season 9? (I don't get Scifi) I've been trying to find out for a week![/QUOTE]

Hi, I'll try to answer your questions about why Janet and Jacob were killed off. Janet first: from what i've read from TPTB they were doing this two parter (Heroes) in Season 7 that would be a homage to servicemen and women who have given their lives and felt they needed to have a death on this episode for that reason & to make it have the most impact. It had to be an important character, but not the team, and didn't want a one time character we didn't know very well, so they picked Janet. I've also read that Teryl was unhappy when she found out. So I understand why she was picked, but I don't have to be happy about it. Jacob: this will have to be spoiler method, although the reasons for his death are my opinion only. They really hadn't done anything with the Tok-ra for quite a while, I feel they thought there wasn't much they could do with that aspect anymore, so aside from Jacob helping Sam in Reckoning I and II, they decided he should die. Some fans have said he died to help out the Sam/Jack ship but I don't see it that way. I could be very wrong but I doubt we'll see any more Tok-ra stories--they're going in different directions--and they've said as much about Goaulds, etc.too.

Gatetrixer
July 21st, 2005, 02:58 PM
I'm having trouble getting on the Sg-1 fic awards site and wondering if anyone else has too. It just keeps saying it can't find it.

Billie
July 21st, 2005, 03:24 PM
I'm going to London in 10 days :S :S :S

But I'm sure I'll be okay. Thank you. My thoughts to anyone else here who has been caught up in this and you're right it does affect the whole nation.

And about the sorely missed character

I'd like to think it's Janet, because Sam and Janet were really close, and plus Janet's been gone longer. I miss her

Wendy
Hey m_wendy_r :)

Welcome in anticipation of your visit to London! I too am sure you will be okay :) I was on duty near to the The Oval where one of the incidents occured today, I couldn't believe it when the call came through, just too scary to think the events of a couple of weeks ago could happen again.

After my mad day at work it's so nice to come home and catch up on all the shippy gossip, and sounds like some good stuff about S9! ;) I haven't read the details so I'm gonna look at it through my rose tinted shipper glasses and pretend that its JACK THAT COMING BACK!! :p :p ok, indulge me my shipper friends it's been a long and scary day :)

As for shipper day....plans are a foot!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

Hugs to all the shipper family

(((((((((SHIPPER FAMILY))))))))))))

Ayiana
July 21st, 2005, 03:31 PM
I've been lurking here for a couple of months now, getting a feel for the way things work, and I've finally decided to come out of hiding to say hello to everybody. I'm actually a transplant from the JAG fandom, and it feels a little strange to be venturing out with a new show - kind of like the first day at a new school when I was a kid. :)

I watched all 8 previous season of SG-1 within about 2 months. I'm thinking that puts me firmly in the category of the obsessed. I am, despite my determination not to get caught up in another ship, hopelessly addicted to the idea of Sam and Jack. You'd think I'd have learned my lesson from 9 agonizing years waiting for Harm and Mac to get together on JAG, but apparently not. I wonder if it's a genetic defect...

I already run a readers' choice archive for the JAG fandom, as well as a message board for fanfiction authors and my own website with my JAG fanfic, so I'm thinking I must be a little bit nuts to be adding something else to my hobby list. Unfortunately, my muse tends to ignore my kicking and screaming, and keeps sending SG-1 plot bunny after plot bunny to plague my dreams. In a futile attempt to get her to leave me alone, I've finally written my first SG-1 fic, "Issues," which is archived here at Gateworld and which brings me, finally, to my questions.

Can anybody recommend other places where I should publish my SG-1 fics? Are there any message boards out there where fics can be posted, or only archives and email lists? Are there any other places besides here at Gateworld where a lot of S/J shippers hang out? Any and all advice for the newbie is much appreciated. :)

Lynn
July 21st, 2005, 03:40 PM
I've been lurking here for a couple of months now, getting a feel for the way things work, and I've finally decided to come out of hiding to say hello to everybody. I'm actually a transplant from the JAG fandom, and it feels a little strange to be venturing out with a new show - kind of like the first day at a new school when I was a kid. :)

I watched all 8 previous season of SG-1 within about 2 months. I'm thinking that puts me firmly in the category of the obsessed. I am, despite my determination not to get caught up in another ship, hopelessly addicted to the idea of Sam and Jack. You'd think I'd have learned my lesson from 9 agonizing years waiting for Harm and Mac to get together on JAG, but apparently not. I wonder if it's a genetic defect...

I already run a readers' choice archive for the JAG fandom, as well as a message board for fanfiction authors and my own website with my JAG fanfic, so I'm thinking I must be a little bit nuts to be adding something else to my hobby list. Unfortunately, my muse tends to ignore my kicking and screaming, and keeps sending SG-1 plot bunny after plot bunny to plague my dreams. In a futile attempt to get her to leave me alone, I've finally written my first SG-1 fic, "Issues," which is archived here at Gateworld and which brings me, finally, to my questions.

Can anybody recommend other places where I should publish my SG-1 fics? Are there any message boards out there where fics can be posted, or only archives and email lists? Are there any other places besides here at Gateworld where a lot of S/J shippers hang out? Any and all advice for the newbie is much appreciated. :)
Yep - A lot of people post at fanfiction.net. I have posted my first few fics there.

dipsofjazz
July 21st, 2005, 03:48 PM

:D Hi there. Welcome to the Shipper Family.
Here are three links for shipper talk...
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/samandjack/

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/gateship/

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/samjack17plus/

There is also the archives of these groups..

http://www.samandjack.net/directory/frames.html
http://www.sjnc17.stargate-brats.net/
We can't forget http://www.sg1-heliopolis.com/

I hope this helps you. :D

Billie
July 21st, 2005, 03:52 PM

WELCOME TO THE SHIPPER FAMILY AYIANA!!!!
Great that you have delurked :) It took me quite a while to delurk too but finally plucked up the courage to introduce myself and have been having a ball ever since!!! :D
I would love to help you out with your fic questions but as I have yet to take the plunge and put finger to keyboard I will have to defer you to other shipper family members (the literary talented!) who I'm sure will help you out (coz we are that kind of family! :p)

Well whadda you know I have a quick check and find that lynn and dipsofjazz have done the honours....now that's service for ya! :)

Anyhoo...come back lots and post lots and don't forget.......

7 DAYS TO GO TILL SHIPPER DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!

sg-1fanintn
July 21st, 2005, 03:54 PM
Round 34 of the Fave Episodes Tournament has begun. The Broca Divide was eliminated in Round 33. Divide & Conquer (the holy grail of J/S shippiness) is now #5 from the top, which means itís very close to being eliminated! You can make a difference!. Please keep voting! Catch up on the tourney (and which eps have been eliminated so far) here:
http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=12889

Be careful! If you accidentally vote for an ep that has already been eliminated, none of your votes will count in that round.

Sam and Jack thank you. I thank you!

divcon
July 21st, 2005, 03:58 PM

WELCOME AYIANA

So glad you decided to delurk. I've only been here a few months but it is wonderful in the ship pool, dive straight in. I've posted on fanfiction, it's a good site and all you do is post the link in your sig and then everyone knows where to go. :)

Ayiana
July 21st, 2005, 03:59 PM
Yep - A lot of people post at fanfiction.net. I have posted my first few fics there.

Ah yes. Good old ff.net. I posted a few JAG fics back there a loooong time ago, but haven't visited in ages. A person can get lost there. :) Thanks for the tip, though. I'll keep it in mind.

divcon
July 21st, 2005, 04:08 PM

I haven't seen Season 9.

Wendy

Okay, I'm not going to be left out so here is my list. I too reserve the right to change my mind at any time. :D :D

1. Season 4 (Of course, how could it not top everyones list)
2. Season 7 (Oh please, Grace and Lost City)
3. Season 8 (Threads and Moebius put this up there)
4. Season 1 (Come on! Broca Divide, Solitudes and the very first meeting)
5. Season 2 (Just because it had Line Of Duty, Fifth Race, 1969 & Out of
Mind)
6. Season 3 (One ep really lifts this season - Point Of View!)
7. Season 6 (Paradise Lost and Jonas)
8. Season 5 (Just because someone has to be last and that's the only
reason.)

sg-1fanintn
July 21st, 2005, 04:23 PM
Welcome, Lynn!
Welcome Ayiana!
Welcome, Stargate gal!

Well, there I was last night, about to make the last big run toward 800 posts when the forum went down!!! Drat! And RL was too busy to even check in at lunch today, but I'm back now.

Yes, Jack will be in ep 3. The rumor that he's going to head up Homeworld Security started at the end of S8. That's the common thought, and I think that's what we'll ultimately be told, but it hasn't been said onscreen yet. However, I expect to have those answers on Jack in ep 3. Beyond that, spoilers (and Amanda at Comic Con) have told us there will be some phone calls between the two of them this season.....but there's no word right now on when RDA will appear in another ep.

I was hoping that until I heard they had hired a new doc. I wish S9 had started with Janet back at the SGC, never having died!

Sigh.....why did they all have to be sent away in the first place?

I just wanted to say that my thoughts and prayers are with everyone in the U. K. again tonight. I hope you and yours are fine.....and that you'll check in to let us know!

nell
July 21st, 2005, 04:26 PM
Ohhh What's wrong with 24 and Alias ?!!

I know it is a bit OT but 24 is a great action show with plenty of suspense ..Season 4 was excellent ..As for Alias they really do some good ship in there ..I'm not that keen on some episodes I have seen in season 4 so far but It is still a very good action show with a very human ship where 2 people loving each other can't wait forever ..and Alias tptb seems to follow the human nature ....with sweet cuddles for the RST now that Syd and Vaughn are a couple .

I wish we could have had a bit more cuddles a la Deathknell and Heroes between Sam and Jack ....in the 8 years of the show .May be it would be easier to digest the lack of ship in season 9 .

Hi Caty!!
I gave up on Alias after the Season 2 or was it 3 Finale when Vaughn's wife was shot. The Ship was too slow. I gave up on 24 after the 2nd season cause it was too fantastic with all that was happening within 24 hours. Nobody slept, ate or went to the bathroom even!!! But, really not enough Ship with the right characters for me.

Now why would I not quit Stargate with their slow ship and fantastic storylines? Well, of course, sci fi can be as wild as they want it but they actually developed histories for the Tauri and aliens. Kept me interested for more. More importantly, I really liked the characters. I really, really like Sam. She's a brilliant, very competent and likable woman. Jack's more than eye candy!! He is honorable and very competent and in spite of his sarcasm, he's likable, too. The females on 24 and Alias are not the woman that Sam is. Jack Bauer is violent; he doesn't have a sense of humor. Vaughn didn't stand up to Sidney's dad.

Caty and other Alias/24 fans, just my opinion at the time I stopped watching those shows. Perhaps things have changed since then. I hope so.

Billie
July 21st, 2005, 04:29 PM
Goodnight all :)

Sweet shippy dreams!

divcon
July 21st, 2005, 04:57 PM
Goodnight all :)

Sweet shippy dreams!

Night Billie! :)

gatebee
July 21st, 2005, 05:06 PM

delurking is a good thing .... that is also how I started here in GW with this very lovely Ship Family that we have here. Welcome and enjoy.

divcon
July 21st, 2005, 05:28 PM
Hey GB, how's it going?

Here's some tenderness.

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b187/divcon/wakeupsam.jpg

You can see his hand *YUMMY YUMMY* and tell how gentle he is with her.

mad_gater
July 21st, 2005, 06:33 PM
Yeah....sure...uh huh...likely story. :P:D:P:D

I hope that whoever the London bombing perps are, their souls suffer eternal damnation in Gehenna. :mad::mad:

sg-1fanintn
July 21st, 2005, 06:36 PM
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y128/newsgoddess/abz.jpg

Sending shippy, peaceful dreams to all in the U. K.!

mad_gater
July 21st, 2005, 06:52 PM
I'd hoped for that as well. Esp. having Janet return via Moebius....would've given Daniel a second chance to get it right with Janet...:P:D

mad_gater
July 21st, 2005, 07:01 PM

PS: what happened with Jack in the first episode of season 9? (I don't get Scifi) I've been trying to find out for a week![/QUOTE]
*trips over newbie*

THOR!!!!!! Apparently he thinks it's funny to beam newbies right into my path...:P:D:P:D

WELCOME STARGATE GAL!!!!!!!!!

divcon
July 21st, 2005, 07:04 PM
I'd hoped for that as well. Esp. having Janet return via Moebius....would've given Daniel a second chance to get ti right with Janet...:P:D

Do you really think that tptb would have gone sown that road. They only give us crumbs, :( what would they truly have given that ship. :rolleyes:

I know this one's been one before but I can't resist it. :D :D

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b187/divcon/samjackbd.jpg

sg-1fanintn
July 21st, 2005, 07:06 PM

Do you really think that tptb would have gone sown that road. They only give us crumbs, :( what would they truly have given that ship. :rolleyes:

I know this one's been one before but I can't resist it. :D :D

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b187/divcon/samjackbd.jpg

Hey! Broca Divide was on today on Sci Fi!

mad_gater
July 21st, 2005, 07:07 PM

Wendy
Join the crowd....after all, RC did say we had "issues." :P:D:P:D:P:D:P:D

sg-1fanintn
July 21st, 2005, 07:16 PM
What sorts of things have people prepared for Ship Day in the past? This is my first!

divcon
July 21st, 2005, 07:19 PM
Hey! Broca Divide was on today on Sci Fi!

Yeah but we don't get Sci Fi in Australia. Good thing I have all the DVD's so I can put on any shippy ep that I want to. :) :)

divcon
July 21st, 2005, 07:21 PM
What sorts of things have people prepared for Ship Day in the past? This is my first!

Don't know, it's my first time as well. I'm going to have to a nap during the day so I can sit up all night to talk to my ship family in the Northern Hemisphere. :o :rolleyes:

mad_gater
July 21st, 2005, 07:30 PM

WELCOME BACK AYIANA!!!!!!!!

divcon
July 21st, 2005, 11:44 PM
HELLO *taps on the monitor screen*, anyone there?

We're nearly off the first page, can't have that :eek: .

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b187/divcon/215_025thracejackandsam.jpg

Queen Eleta
July 22nd, 2005, 12:14 AM
Must stay on first page!!!

A few pics of our favorite couple...

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a367/queeneleta/sjcs2.jpg

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a367/queeneleta/sjcs1.jpg

Queen Eleta
July 22nd, 2005, 12:16 AM
They are always standing next to each other, and always close!!

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a367/queeneleta/sjcs3.jpg

(yeah, I know it's not always, but I like to think it is.)

Heru'urs_first_prime
July 22nd, 2005, 01:01 AM

awwwwwwwwww

Sam_o_Neill
July 22nd, 2005, 03:22 AM
Hey everyone :D:D:D
How is everyone today??

Can't wait for Shipper day! Only 6 days to go!!....Well 5 for our peeps in Australia :)
Have we decided on what thread we are using for the day??

nell
July 22nd, 2005, 04:49 AM
How is everyone today??

Can't wait for Shipper day! Only 6 days to go!!....Well 5 for our peeps in Australia :)

Good Morning from USA East Coast!! **Yawn**stretch** I didn't actually count votes but it looks like most folks are wanting a separate thread for Ship Day. Now whom among us will arrange that to happen? Me thinks I should get in touch with sg1-fanintn! Later, nell ;)

florence
July 22nd, 2005, 05:39 AM
Good Morning from USA East Coast!! **Yawn**stretch** I didn't actually count votes but it looks like most folks are wanting a separate thread for Ship Day. Now whom among us will arrange that to happen? Me thinks I should get in touch with sg1-fanintn! Later, nell ;)

Maybe you could send a PM to Shipmum (or another mod) to ask for a dedicated thread to Ship Day. So mods won't be surprised to see another SJ thread ;) :)

nell
July 22nd, 2005, 05:47 AM
Maybe you could send a PM to Shipmum (or another mod) to ask for a dedicated thread to Ship Day. So mods won't be surprised to see another SJ thread ;) :)

Thanks, I contacted sg-1fanintn. She has contact with Sky, I think. And, that will be how we may set up the thread. It will happen. Just like Sam and Jack's future big honkin' kiss!!! :p ;)

divcon
July 22nd, 2005, 05:48 AM
Here's another side by side of our favourite couple. ;) ;)

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b187/divcon/sidebyside.jpg

Gotta love those two.

Billie
July 22nd, 2005, 06:26 AM
Afternoon all! :)

Not long dragged myself out of bed and not long before I drag myself back into bed, am working nights over the weekend :( so I've a bit more sleeping to do! Shift work sure messes with my posting schedule!

Anyhow, it's great spending time here even if it is way too short.

During my quick catchup I have noticed to much delight that more of our shipper family are notching up the numbers, and I know I said last time that I'd be original the next time I did this but I'm afraid I'm gonna have to renage on that and defer yet again....blame RL!! :D

So apologies for the same old same old but......

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a57/pcbillie/allegiance6.jpg
Hey Carter! What are the posting milestones again?

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a57/pcbillie/allegiance14.jpg
Well, according to my latest calculations we've got
gatebee 3000, sg-1fanintn 800, divcon 500, Gatetrixer 500 and Queen Eleta 300

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a57/pcbillie/allegiance8.jpg
Well spank me rosie, our shippers are good!
:D :D

Oh, a quick question if I may. Would really like to get a screen capture program, anyone got one or know of one that they can recommend?

Thanks! :)

trupi
July 22nd, 2005, 07:05 AM
Good morning and good afternoon everyone! Just caught up with all the posts from page 366. My dsl went down the night before, so i was internetless? I glad all of our ship family in London is OK(was a little worried). Wondering about ship day and what do we do? Are there any Star Trek fans here? Jimmy Doohan died the other day (very sad). Met him back in my ST convention days, nice man. Going to miss him! Getting ready for Avalon 2 and will send spoilers (now that I was shown how).

Heru'urs_first_prime
July 22nd, 2005, 07:10 AM
Afternoon all! :)

Not long dragged myself out of bed and not long before I drag myself back into bed, am working nights over the weekend :( so I've a bit more sleeping to do! Shift work sure messes with my posting schedule!

Anyhow, it's great spending time here even if it is way too short.

During my quick catchup I have noticed to much delight that more of our shipper family are notching up the numbers, and I know I said last time that I'd be original the next time I did this but I'm afraid I'm gonna have to renage on that and defer yet again....blame RL!! :D

So apologies for the same old same old but......

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a57/pcbillie/allegiance6.jpg
Hey Carter! What are the posting milestones again?

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a57/pcbillie/allegiance14.jpg
Well, according to my latest calculations we've got
gatebee 3000, sg-1fanintn 800, divcon 500, Gatetrixer 500 and Queen Eleta 300

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a57/pcbillie/allegiance8.jpg
Well spank me rosie, our shippers are good!
:D :D

Oh, a quick question if I may. Would really like to get a screen capture program, anyone got one or know of one that they can recommend?

Thanks! :)

erm........try google, a friend used a programm that your onna bout, if i find out the name i'll tell you :D

ChevronSeven
July 22nd, 2005, 08:19 AM
-------->Zoom in....

http://img70.imageshack.us/img70/6936/jacksambts0he.jpg

Zoom out... ---------->:D:D

LOL4JACK
July 22nd, 2005, 08:32 AM
Hi Shipper Family,

Been out for a while, RL has taken over, changing jobs and right now being shared by 2 departments... crazy!

So first of all:

Welcome Newbies!!!

I'm looking forward to Avalon II today... but more to Origins, since Jack will be back :D

Billie, I'm sorry to hear that you where close to the incidents yesterday, I know how scary it can be, I used to live and Madrid and many things happened near where I lived.. so big hugs for you and all our ((((((UK Shippers)))), take care.

jay
July 22nd, 2005, 08:38 AM
hello everybody

i just wanted to say that just in case im not on again tonight that i'll be missing my first shipper day because im being sent to jordan and im sad i won't be able to share it with you guys. it will be kinda of weird not visiting here since im been coming here a couple times a day since i've joined so it will be like going cold turkey with you guys.

well, have fun and go sam and jack

Billie
July 22nd, 2005, 08:59 AM
Hi guys, after a bit more sleep... I'm back! :)

Wishing that we had S9 over here :( although obviously am very grateful for all the spoilers.
Will be interesting to see how the ratings go tonight. In some ways I'm kinda hoping that they aren't great so that TPTB realise that Sg1 ain't Sg1 without RDA and AT :) but on the other hand if they aren't great will we see the end of Sg1 for good. It's a tough call :rolleyes:

Thanks for the hugs LOL4JACK it's good to see you back from RL! :D

We'll miss you too jay on shipper day :( so this one's for you :p

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a57/pcbillie/jscollage.jpg

Daniel's_twin
July 22nd, 2005, 09:07 AM
Hi guys, after a bit more sleep... I'm back! :)

Wishing that we had S9 over here :( although obviously am very grateful for all the spoilers.
Will be interesting to see how the ratings go tonight. In some ways I'm kinda hoping that they aren't great so that TPTB realise that Sg1 ain't Sg1 without RDA and AT :) but on the other hand if they aren't great will we see the end of Sg1 for good. It's a tough call :rolleyes:

[/CENTER]

IMHO, it's a little silly to wish that. 1: it's not like AT isn't coming back. If you're gonna complain about that, then you might wanna write a nasty letter to her baby :p . 2: RDA has pretty good reason I should think about why he wants out, at least for a while. In any case, I still think hope is not lost on our end. Sooner or later, even if RDA does just stay a recurring character, they will have to get them together. :cool:

Gatetrixer
July 22nd, 2005, 09:08 AM
How is everyone today??

I'm not sure what the Ship Day Thread was actually called last year, but if we have a separate thread this year, I would suggest it says more than "Ship Day" --in other words make sure it specifies Sam/Jack ship. Oh, and is it "Shipper Day" or "Ship Day?" That I don't remember either.

LOL4JACK
July 22nd, 2005, 09:16 AM
Back to shipping!!!! :D :D :D

Taking out the:

- Kisses
- Hugs and
- Head on shoulders....

What are your top 3 shippy or not shippy moments between Jack and Sam?

OK, so I went back to when I asked this questions and I've gathered below your answers, I thought we could use this as a poll for ship day, but I came out with to many moments :eek: and then we say there is no ship....

So I thought we could have 2 polls separated by category:

* Poll 1 - Best shippy moment Hug, Head on Shoulder and Kiss Category, this could be a poll at the begining of the thread and we have to vote only for one.
- Fire and Water - Hug
- Death Knell - Head on Shoulder & Hug
- Beneath the Surface - Head on Shoulder
- Out of Mind - Hug
- Heroes II - Hug
- Metaporphosis - Head on Shoulder
- Point of View - Kiss
- Window of Oportunity - Kiss
- Moebius II - Kiss
- Grace - Kiss

* Poll 2: Best shippy moment non Hug, Head on Shoulder or Kiss :p, this could be done during the day, we get to vote for 3 moments each and everybody puts a :p face next to their vote, the next person to vote takes the post before and adds it's vote, that way we can see how it is going during the day and at the end, I official count the :p and post the top 3.

- 2010: Jack & Sam talking at the Cabin
- Absolute Power: Sam telling Jack when she was locked up by Daniel "All I have is my word and that used to mean something to you"
- Nemesis: Jack inviting Sam to go fishing
- Window of Oportunity: At the end, Jack staring at Sam knowing that he had kissed her.
- Lost City part 2: Jack is frozen and Sam puts her hand on the glass and stares at him.
- The Light: Opening scene Sam & Jack talking and Jack teasing Sam about the bet with Daniel.
- Divide and Conquer: Za'tarc testing and Jack saying, I care more about her than I ought to (maybe this one should be taken out.. it will win)
- Lost City part 1: Sam goes to talk to Jack at his house.
- Citizen Joe: The phone conversation at the beg of the ep
- Point of View: Sam watches Jack say goodbye to AU Sam
- Emancipation: Sam does the twirl in the dress and Jack smiles.
- Moebius 2: Hand on Hand in the briefing room
- Moebius 2: Chicago Cubs moment.
- 48 Hours: Jack asking Sam if she wants to be in the gateroom when they power up the Russian DHD
- Divide and Conquer: When they are taking Jack away for the procedure, Sam is watching and he looks back at her
- GENESIS: At the beg when Jack gets closer to look at the moniter and she get's all nervous
- Beneath the Surface: THe end scene, when Sam calls Jack, "Sir"
- Serpents Venom: Sam is under the mine, Jack lays his head on her tummy to see.
- Memento: Near the end, SG-1 is inviting for a banquet and the word "cake" is mentioned, Jack and Sam share a look.
- In the line of Duty: Sam is taken to the infirmary, Jack follows and he tries to brush away the tear in his eyes.
- Entity: Jack is sitting by Sam, Janet tells him about her living will and asks him to let her go. Jacks says to give it a moment.
- Lost City 2: When Jack and Sam are in the machine room and Sam want to tell him something... the "kiss" moment that never happened.
- Threads: Sam and Jack fishing

What do you think, for poll # 1 we need ShipMum to set it up.

What do you think?

Carolina

Gatetrixer
July 22nd, 2005, 09:19 AM
hello everybody

i just wanted to say that just in case im not on again tonight that i'll be missing my first shipper day because im being sent to jordan and im sad i won't be able to share it with you guys. it will be kinda of weird not visiting here since im been coming here a couple times a day since i've joined so it will be like going cold turkey with you guys.

well, have fun and go sam and jack

Not sure why or with whom you're being sent or for how long, but in any case come back as soon as you can. You can probably catch up on what was posted on the "shipper day" thread then, of course not quite the same, but still ... and yes, go Sam and Jack.

Billie
July 22nd, 2005, 09:21 AM
IMHO, it's a little silly to wish that. 1: it's not like AT isn't coming back. If you're gonna complain about that, then you might wanna write a nasty letter to her baby :p . 2: RDA has pretty good reason I should think about why he wants out, at least for a while. In any case, I still think hope is not lost on our end. Sooner or later, even if RDA does just stay a recurring character, they will have to get them together. :cool:

Ooo meant nothing against RDA and ATs reasons for their absence, I have great respect for that (even if the lack of RDA on our screens is a sad thunking loss!). I guess I meant more along the lines of TPTB reinventing Sg1 with an influx of new characters and promoting it as bigger and better, so perhaps a little ratings situation may give them a little 'wake up' kick up the six! ;)

Off to work soon to whop some a$$ so perhaps that will make me feel better!

Gatetrixer
July 22nd, 2005, 09:25 AM
Good morning and good afternoon everyone! Just caught up with all the posts from page 366. My dsl went down the night before, so i was internetless? I glad all of our ship family in London is OK(was a little worried). Wondering about ship day and what do we do? Are there any Star Trek fans here? Jimmy Doohan died the other day (very sad). Met him back in my ST convention days, nice man. Going to miss him! Getting ready for Avalon 2 and will send spoilers (now that I was shown how).

Yes, bye Jimmy( and Scotty).

sueKay
July 22nd, 2005, 09:25 AM
THE IT MAN COMETH!!!!!!

(sorry...I worship James Nesbit)

I'VE GOT HOME INTERNET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anywho....

WELCOME NEWBIES!!!!!!

and my thoughts are with the London shippers...hope everyone is okay.

Billie
July 22nd, 2005, 09:31 AM
I'VE GOT HOME INTERNET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AMEN TO THAT!!!!!!!!!!! :D and in time for shipper day, perfect timing!! :cool:

sg-1fanintn
July 22nd, 2005, 09:33 AM
SueKay, so glad you got your home internet.....and right before S/J Ship Day, too! Glad to have you back with us!

Billie
July 22nd, 2005, 09:48 AM
Farewell family...It's off to work for me.

Enjoy Avalon 2 and I look forward to feasting on the spoilers tomorrow! :p

sueKay
July 22nd, 2005, 09:49 AM
*big grin*

It's good to be back!!!!!!!!!

I'm currently perusing a lot of things that I haven't had access to for a couple of months...such as a slashfic that's just begging to be read. I've still had access to ship fics, but no slash, so I'm indulging for a moment...I'm gonna be updating my websites soon...I'm adding more fics to one and adding a page of avatars to the other!

dipsofjazz
July 22nd, 2005, 09:59 AM
:D Hi chums. I see a lot of you are wondering what happens on ship day. If you want to see what happened last year, just click here (http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=2698&highlight=annual+shipper) to find out! :D

sueKay
July 22nd, 2005, 10:03 AM
Thankies Bev!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm gonna miss you at Ship Day...It ain't gonna be the same without you!

Try and log on during your holiday if you get a chance!

dipsofjazz
July 22nd, 2005, 10:41 AM
Thankies Bev!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm gonna miss you at Ship Day...It ain't gonna be the same without you!

Try and log on during your holiday if you get a chance!
:D Thanks Suekay, but I don't think there'll be any way I'll get near a computer. I'm going to be on the island of FemÝ for a jazz festival, so I'll either be playing, listening, drinking or flying! :p I'm really sad I'm going to miss ship day, as I was really looking forward to it. :( As I mentioned before, I've left a little something with Token as my small contribution to the day. Even if I'm not with you in person, I'll be with you in spirit and will be thinking about you all. :D

Sam_o_Neill
July 22nd, 2005, 10:57 AM
HeHe :)
I just watched Madagascar! I love the penguins! Skipper, Rico, Kawolski & Private On a mission to get to Antarctica :):D
"Just smile and wave boys, just smile and wave" :P

Great to hear you've got home internet SueKay! Does this mean you're going to be with us a lot more now?? :):D

Sam_o_Neill
July 22nd, 2005, 11:01 AM
:D Thanks Suekay, but I don't think there'll be any way I'll get near a computer. I'm going to be on the island of FemÝ for a jazz festival, so I'll either be playing, listening, drinking or flying! :p I'm really sad I'm going to miss ship day, as I was really looking forward to it. :( As I mentioned before, I've left a little something with Token as my small contribution to the day. Even if I'm not with you in person, I'll be with you in spirit and will be thinking about you all. :D

Awwww :( Its a shame you won't be here to spend ship day with us!! Its good to know you'll be with us in spirit tho :D and I cant wait to see what your contribution is...:D

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((Bev))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

Sam_o_Neill
July 22nd, 2005, 11:04 AM
-------->Zoom in....

http://img70.imageshack.us/img70/6936/jacksambts0he.jpg

Zoom out... ---------->:D:D

Great Pic Chevron Seven!! :D:D:D I love the quote! So lovely :)

sueKay
July 22nd, 2005, 11:13 AM
(((((((((((Bev)))))))))))

(((((((((((Sam o Neill))))))))))))

My Fanfic's site's updated!!!!!!! There's a few bugs, but stories by Cathain Nottingham, JoR and Mishy Mo have been added...And there's a lot of SHIP!

to get back to the different categories, you have to press 'back' as the links in the alphabetical pages don't work yet...the Category page has no links on it yet, but stories start at
http://intelfanfiction.bravehost.com/alphabetical.html

Thankies!

sg-1fanintn
July 22nd, 2005, 11:17 AM
:D Hi chums. I see a lot of you are wondering what happens on ship day. If you want to see what happened last year, just click here (http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=2698&highlight=annual+shipper) to find out! :D
Thanks, Bev! That gives all of us who are newer a chance to see what's been done before!

Speaking of Ship Day, Nell and I are still working on our little project for that day, and to complete it, we need to be able to tell a few people what the name of the thread is going to be in advance (so they know what to look for), where it will be located and what time it will be available. I couldn't find Ship Nana, so I contacted Skydiver, and she said it would be fine for Nell or me to open the thread.

I'll be glad to open the thread, if that's ok with the rest of the family. Here's what I propose:

We Call It: 3rd Annual S/J Ship Day Thread

We Put It: Under Characters & Relationships

We Open It: 12-midnight Eastern Daylight Time on Thursday, July 28

I'm just proposing this as a starting point. I realize that with so many Europeans in the family, 12-midnight Eastern Time doesn't mean much. So, I'm still looking for opinions on when it ought to open.

Midnight Eastern Time, US?
Midnight London Time (That would be 7pm Eastern, I believe)?
Another Time Zone?

And we could even wait until 12-midnight Pacific Time to close it, if you all wish.....which would be more than 24 hours.

Or, we could pick a time zone and just go 24 hours from when July 28 arrives there.

I'm sorry to keep bothering you with all these decisions. But Nell and I are trying to create a nice surprise for the day, and we just kinda need to have this info in order to invite our special guests!

We made a decision on creating a separate thread in about 24 hours. Can we make this one that way too? Please weigh in with your opinion by lunchtime Saturday.....wherever you are!!!!

Nell and I thank you so much for your indulgence on this!

sueKay
July 22nd, 2005, 11:31 AM
Timezones - We Started it from the very beginning of the day Australian time...don't know the technical term.

Then we kept it going until the very end of the day Pacific Time...making the day more like a day and a half, so that as many people as possible could take part.

dipsofjazz
July 22nd, 2005, 11:44 AM
Thanks, Bev! That gives all of us who are newer a chance to see what's been done before!

Speaking of Ship Day, Nell and I are still working on our little project for that day, and to complete it, we need to be able to tell a few people what the name of the thread is going to be in advance (so they know what to look for), where it will be located and what time it will be available. I couldn't find Ship Nana, so I contacted Skydiver, and she said it would be fine for Nell or me to open the thread.

I'll be glad to open the thread, if that's ok with the rest of the family. Here's what I propose:

I'm just proposing this as a starting point. I realize that with so many Europeans in the family, 12-midnight Eastern Time doesn't mean much. So, I'm still looking for opinions on when it ought to open.

Another Time Zone?

And we could even wait until 12-midnight Pacific Time to close it, if you all wish.....which would be more than 24 hours.

Or, we could pick a time zone and just go 24 hours from when July 28 arrives there.

I'm sorry to keep bothering you with all these decisions. But Nell and I are trying to create a nice surprise for the day, and we just kinda need to have this info in order to invite our special guests!

We made a decision on creating a separate thread in about 24 hours. Can we make this one that way too? Please weigh in with your opinion by lunchtime Saturday.....wherever you are!!!!

:D Here are the times we used last year,and the quote about the closing times. Obviously, we opened exactly 24 hours before! :D
Here is the quote from last years "2nd ANNUAL CELEBRATION! ITS SHIP DAY JULY 28TH".....

This thread will also only be open for the 24 hours of Ship Day (this has already been prearranged with a moderator) The times will be eastern time so please adjust your schedules shippers to accomadate that
closing times
US Pacific - 9:00 pm Wed 7/28
US Mountain - 10:00 pm
US Central - 11:00 pm
US Eastern - 12:00 Midnight
UK - 5:00 am Thur 7/29
Germany - 6:00 am

I hope that's a help for you. :D

gatebee
July 22nd, 2005, 11:50 AM
:D Here are the times we used last year,and the quote about the closing times. Obviously, we opened exactly 24 hours before! :D
Here is the quote from last years "2nd ANNUAL CELEBRATION! ITS SHIP DAY JULY 28TH".....

This thread will also only be open for the 24 hours of Ship Day (this has already been prearranged with a moderator) The times will be eastern time so please adjust your schedules shippers to accomadate that
closing times
US Pacific - 9:00 pm Wed 7/28
US Mountain - 10:00 pm
US Central - 11:00 pm
US Eastern - 12:00 Midnight
UK - 5:00 am Thur 7/29
Germany - 6:00 am

I hope that's a help for you. :D
I was not around last year for the 2nd Annual Celebration. So am looking forward in taking part this year.

gatebee
July 22nd, 2005, 11:53 AM
*big grin*

It's good to be back!!!!!!!!!

I'm currently perusing a lot of things that I haven't had access to for a couple of months...such as a slashfic that's just begging to be read. I've still had access to ship fics, but no slash, so I'm indulging for a moment...I'm gonna be updating my websites soon...I'm adding more fics to one and adding a page of avatars to the other!
wow SueKay is back right in time for Shipper Day

sueKay
July 22nd, 2005, 11:58 AM
I know...phew!

The first time I phoned up about the internet was over a month ago, and they quoted a fortnight's time...but I needed a certain type of phone line, so I couldn't get theirs. I decided to reconnect to out digital provider, and was just in time for a special offer price...hence the quick reconnection!!!!!!!

sueKay
July 22nd, 2005, 12:02 PM
ON SECOND THOUGHTS...IGNORE THIS POST

LMAO - you HAVE to read this fic - warning it's SLASH not ship, but it's meant to be Daniel's diary...March and April are brilliant! NOTE: The first half of April...the second half is too NC-17-like for most people (ie. me *shudders*).

http://www.versaphile.com/anais/January.shtml

beware of swearing, gay relationships and other stuff like that

Sam_o_Neill
July 22nd, 2005, 12:13 PM
((((((((((((((((((SueKAY))))))))))))))))))
More fanfic! Yippee :)

I might go read some now to stop me thinking about the new episode tonight! I don't want to wait any longer!

Sam_o_Neill
July 22nd, 2005, 12:22 PM

Another Time Zone?

Hey :)
Just throwing my opinion in here..the title and place is fine and opening the thread at midnight Eastern time would be fine for me because that is still only 5am here and i wouldn't be awake before then anyway :P but it would probably be way too late for people in Australia it would be almost the end of the 28th for them :S

anyways I can't wait to see what your project is!! :)

nell
July 22nd, 2005, 12:28 PM

We Call It: 3rd Annual S/J Ship Day Thread Sam/Jack Ship Day Thread

((((((sg1-fanintn))))))

Thanks for taking point on these announcements and polls!! BIG HONKIN' THANKS for opening the thread, too!!!

**See above in red** to spell out Sam and Jack.

Yes, Shippers, get those votes in quickly so sg1-fanintn and I can proceed with our little project! :) :D :) :D

sueKay
July 22nd, 2005, 12:45 PM
Dang it! Three hours back online and I've already picked up viruses...grr! Be back soon I hope!

Sam_o_Neill
July 22nd, 2005, 12:54 PM
Dang it! Three hours back online and I've already picked up viruses...grr! Be back soon I hope!

Poor you! I hate viruses! Have you got a Anti-Virus program on your computer? I found a free one on the net that works good. Could give you the link if you want :)

Hope you're back soon!

sueKay
July 22nd, 2005, 12:58 PM
I had to turn off my firewall to reconnect my interent connection, but I've got AVG home edition and it's already found a few viruses. I'm fine and it's quarantined them so I can go and immunise them.

gatebee
July 22nd, 2005, 01:06 PM

well as Jack did say....ALWAYS

gatebee
July 22nd, 2005, 01:13 PM
My vote if for 3rd Annual S/J Shipper Day
http://img202.imageshack.us/img202/3049/pdvd0006xm.jpg (http://www.imageshack.us)
Sam is calling Jack
http://img294.imageshack.us/img294/5389/pdvd0010od.jpg (http://www.imageshack.us)
and Jack is all ready ....Always

both pics capped by gb

Sam fan
July 22nd, 2005, 01:18 PM
Heya guys!! Sorry i know i've been away and back alot aain i've had a lot of personal stuff going on if i could just temporarily divert your attentions to this link I have some good news for me mainly but i'm hopeing you can all enjoy it aswell! I hope to fine you all well and hopefully this time i'm back for good!
http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=14446

sueKay
July 22nd, 2005, 01:32 PM
SAM FAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good to see ya!

Stargate gal
July 22nd, 2005, 01:43 PM
Welcome, Lynn!
Welcome Ayiana!
Welcome, Stargate gal!

Well, there I was last night, about to make the last big run toward 800 posts when the forum went down!!! Drat! And RL was too busy to even check in at lunch today, but I'm back now.

Yes, Jack will be in ep 3. The rumor that he's going to head up Homeworld Security started at the end of S8. That's the common thought, and I think that's what we'll ultimately be told, but it hasn't been said onscreen yet. However, I expect to have those answers on Jack in ep 3. Beyond that, spoilers (and Amanda at Comic Con) have told us there will be some phone calls between the two of them this season.....but there's no word right now on when RDA will appear in another ep.

I was hoping that until I heard they had hired a new doc. I wish S9 had started with Janet back at the SGC, never having died!

Sigh.....why did they all have to be sent away in the first place?

I just wanted to say that my thoughts and prayers are with everyone in the U. K. again tonight. I hope you and yours are fine.....and that you'll check in to let us know!

Thank u so much for noticing me and I want to know what happens with Jack and Sam in Avalon part 1 please cause i don't have scifi.

sueKay
July 22nd, 2005, 01:47 PM
WELCOME STARGATE GAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm horrendous with names so I normally just say Welcome Newbies!!!

Hope you enjoy our little padded corner of the internet!

Sam_o_Neill
July 22nd, 2005, 01:57 PM
I had to turn off my firewall to reconnect my interent connection, but I've got AVG home edition and it's already found a few viruses. I'm fine and it's quarantined them so I can go and immunise them.

Thats good :) You should be safe now then :D

Sam_o_Neill
July 22nd, 2005, 02:04 PM
Heya guys!! Sorry i know i've been away and back alot aain i've had a lot of personal stuff going on if i could just temporarily divert your attentions to this link I have some good news for me mainly but i'm hopeing you can all enjoy it aswell! I hope to fine you all well and hopefully this time i'm back for good!

Amy! Great to see you! I hope you'll be popping in to play with us all on Ship Day! :D

gatebee
July 22nd, 2005, 02:18 PM
Congratulation SamFan. Good luck to you. I hope you have time to pop in on July 28 ... 3rd Annual S/J Shipper Day

sueKay
July 22nd, 2005, 02:40 PM
Gatebee...I've just had a look at your post count...CONGRATS!!!!!