PDA

View Full Version : Sam Carter/Jack O'Neill Ship Appreciation Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57

trupi
July 16th, 2005, 07:55 AM
Thanks Trupi for jogging my memory. :) Actually you made me think of Season 6's Sight Unseen – there was a continuity error – Jack drives up in the dark green Ford F150 pickup truck we’d seen in a couple eps through the years but then he leaves in a big black SUV! (Now maybe someone else drove his pickup back to base & gave him a government issue SUV, but I don't think so!)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v470/ShimmeringStar214/SG1S6/SUjack5.jpg
Enters in truck

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v470/ShimmeringStar214/SG1S6/SUjack14.jpg
Exits in SUV

But to the best of my knowledge... he hasn’t driven a car that we’ve seen and never mentioned a bike.

S8 Moebius...Because the timeline/realities were tampered with 3 times in M1&2 -- Maybe this different timeline's Jack didn't have a truck, but *did* have a bike and a car? :S :rolleyes: :D
But for right now I'll stick to the shippy spin until TPTB *thwap* me upside the head for thinking that way! :p
Whatever he drove it was definitily not a car and he never mentioned riding a motorcycle before.

Terrarin
July 16th, 2005, 08:03 AM
.... take another look at making change in her life that would allow her to LIVE. We hope that beginning a REAL relationship with Jack was also part of that, since the regs just can't be an issue any more! Several military types have been here and told us this!

I'm here so infrequently that I missed what you say about the "..miltary types.."

But the "Primer" on the homepage here said, "...likely that her muted relationship with O'Neill will continue, with the Gen's new position in Homeworld Security still being over Sam in the chain of command.." This had me so confused...and sad. Who wrote that primer?

If what sg-1fanintn says is true, then we have ship. Since Regs is what kept them apart, its a a BASIC - IF:THEN - situation. Even if they don't get really obvious. It's a done deal. I know TPTB love us. Don't worry.

On the way to work yesterday, I had an epiphany. Head of the real HomeLAND Security when it started?...a civilian. governor, no less.:rolleyes:

TRIVIA: Did anyone notice in Mitchell's hospital scene when Sam visited...her poorly fitting AF dress seemed as though it were covering a little something special? ;)

xkawaiix
July 16th, 2005, 08:23 AM
No, I think they are just friends and she knows him from Antarctica. He wants their experience to help him learn his command. A mess-up at this job could lead to destruction of the Earth! I don't blame him for wanting the best. Welcome to the threads!

Thanks! I appreciate it. And good, I was starting to worry! :S :rolleyes:

I was disappointed with the ship for Avalon I but I love what Claudia and Ben bring into the show, especially Claudia. Really funny stuff :D

I'm originally a Daniel/Janet shipper but Vala/Daniel is kinda fun to toy with! :D

PS: Sorry if I seem off topic. :o

trupi
July 16th, 2005, 08:30 AM
Thanks! I appreciate it. And good, I was starting to worry! :S :rolleyes:

I was disappointed with the ship for Avalon I but I love what Claudia and Ben bring into the show, especially Claudia. Really funny stuff :D

I'm originally a Daniel/Janet shipper but Vala/Daniel is kinda fun to toy with! :D

PS: Sorry if I seem off topic. :o
We all go off topic once in awhile here! Ha-HA. I liked Vala character. Many don't but I liked the way she teased Daniel. I think there is more behind her character then greed and sex. We have to wait and see.

BrenRen
July 16th, 2005, 08:36 AM
Holy Moly, I think I've rediscovered my Shipper Groove!!! I'm even writing a 1969-fic on the side! WOO HOO!!!

So, after a long nite's restless sleep (for completely unrelated reasons) I've rounded out my shippy world rather well with these tidbits of info they threw us last night.

Season Eight Last year, as Sam was out in pursuit of that life he was always telling her to get, Jack was also taking a hard look at his own life. As the season progressed, he was looking more worn and perhaps even a bit burned out. At th end of it, they finally got the upper hand on the gou'ald, and their biggest reason for being on the front line has at long last been acheived. The team was finally free to pursue the dreams they had put on hold for so long. You've just saved the planet! What are you going to do next?

Well,obviously Disneyland wasn't on the agenda, but a certain lakeside cabin in Minnesota was! Sam & Jack finally have the opportunity to have an open, honest discussion about what they want for the future of their relationship. These are two mature, hot blooded adults who have held a powerful attraction coupled with intense emotions at bay for eight long years.

Season Nine Opening There is no way on God's Green Earth that TPTB will EVER convince that Sam & Jack are still putting their relationship on hold, particularly over this regs-issue. The only way that would ever become a problem is if it is interfering with their job performance. It's another sort of "don't ask, don't tell". And for eight years, in spite of all the brewing emotions beneath the surface, they did anything and everything duty demanded. Sam is not directly beneath him in the chain of command, particullarly with her transfer to Area 51. Her CO is likely whomever is in charge of that facility. They now have along-distance obstacle, but for these two people, I just don't see that being any barrier. A bit of a pain in the ass, unless Sam really does have access to one of the Asgard transporters. "Just needed to run some tests, sir!"

Jack's selling "my house, my car, the motorcycle"... One little line and we go berserk! While we've never seen anything onscreen ever about Jack having a motorcycle, it's not really out of character. But Sam has a bike! So it has to mean something! It's one of those lines that means *whatever you want it to mean*. So I say, sure, why not? Jack had a bike we never saw. As someone just pointed out, he never mentioned Citizen Joe's bowling habits in eight years! Yeah, Jack had a bike. And just because it's my shippy little world and I can, he and Sam have enjoyed the occasional road trip or three through the years! ;)

I think artistic license is a wonderful thing, and I'm always happy to use it. With shows like this, you have to expect to use it a lot. As for the future of Stargate The Next Generation... it kept me entertained enough that I didn't channel surf. That says a lot considering my level of ADHD! And frankly, they don't have much competetion on the tube these days. So I'll stay on the Wormhole Extreme ride for a while longer. And keep happily filling in the blanks my way in my shippy little world. Oh, you're all more than welcome to join me anytime! :D

trupi
July 16th, 2005, 08:45 AM
Can anyone tell me where the piece came from that Sam changed jobs to be able to be near Cassie? Did it come from the primer? She still working in a high secruity base, on classified material. If she had turned her uniform in for a 9-5 job so she could hold Cassie hand, I could understand. But the kid is tough and not a child any longer. She has her family(Sam, Jack and the rest of the crew). She has gone through alot and I don't believe (in my opinion)Sam would have needed to move from Colorado Springs to the desert of Nevada to be able to be with Cassie. Like Cameron said she has been doing this right along. Sam is still working with some dangerous stuff and still be called back to SGC anytime. So it has to for another reason-------------Also, Sam will miss Jacob but running to another base and still doing work for the Stargate program is not going to keep her from missing him. Maybe moving to Hawii, not Area 51.

BrenRen
July 16th, 2005, 08:48 AM
We all go off topic once in awhile here! Ha-HA. I liked Vala character. Many don't but I liked the way she teased Daniel. I think there is more behind her character then greed and sex. We have to wait and see.

Since there's nothing specific in this, I won't spoiler it...

I said it before, I love the way she sets the sparks flying with Daniel. It's not something I see as sexual tension, though. I think Danny boy really hates that woman--and who can blame him?? She manages to get the upperhand, to kick his a$$, and she has taken to taunting him with dogged determination. She's quite a peice of work.

I was never a big Farscape fan, but I did enjoy the post-series-mini-series. And I really liked the little nods to the prior "relationship" between Ben and Claudia. All in all, I don't think there are a great many things TPTB did very well with this attempt to transition the show into Stargate TNG. Cameron wanting the old team back, the backstory, a lot more time with Sam & Jack than I had dared hope for, and the great mystery vehicles debate... Vala is absolutely no replacement for Sam, but she definitely adds an *intersting* dynamic to the show. Since I know it's temporary, I'mhappy to go along for the ride, for now. They haven't lost me yet...;)

On Topic? Sam looks pretty happy in her position at Area 51... And Jack looked more relaxed than he has in years. Wonder what that means....

trupi
July 16th, 2005, 09:02 AM

I said it before, I love the way she sets the sparks flying with Daniel. It's not something I see as sexual tension, though. I think Danny boy really hates that woman--and who can blame him?? She manages to get the upperhand, to kick his a$$, and she has taken to taunting him with dogged determination. She's quite a peice of work.

I was never a big Farscape fan, but I did enjoy the post-series-mini-series. And I really liked the little nods to the prior "relationship" between Ben and Claudia. All in all, I don't think there are a great many things TPTB did very well with this attempt to transition the show into Stargate TNG. Cameron wanting the old team back, the backstory, a lot more time with Sam & Jack than I had dared hope for, and the great mystery vehicles debate... Vala is absolutely no replacement for Sam, but she definitely adds an *intersting* dynamic to the show. Since I know it's temporary, I'mhappy to go along for the ride, for now. They haven't lost me yet...;)

On Topic? Sam looks pretty happy in her position at Area 51... And Jack looked more relaxed than he has in years. Wonder what that means....
I agree with you 100% percent! Sam and Jack look happy and that's why I was ranting on my last post! Sorry!

sclairef99
July 16th, 2005, 09:14 AM
TRIVIA: Did anyone notice in Mitchell's hospital scene when Sam visited...her poorly fitting AF dress seemed as though it were covering a little something special? ;)

Hubs noticed and agrees!

S

LtColSamONeill
July 16th, 2005, 10:05 AM
Here's my take on Avalon Pt 1. Were Daniel and Teal'c even in this ep? bahhhhhaa. All I saw were Ben and Claudia. I'm a huge Farscape fan and I loved the line that Vala had when she told Daniel she was pregnant and that there was like a 1 in 10 chance it was his, but then she winked at Cameron and he did a double take. Hysterical!!! They definately needed more time together. They still got it!!! LOL

Seeing Sam was a bit of a shock, didn't think she'd be in this at all. Even when Sam and Jack aren't together, you can still feel the ship. Sam's comment to Cameron about "having her reasons for taking her present position" and Jacks "the motorcycle" comment were definately crumbs for us shippers to latch onto. My idea about the motorcycle is that Sam gave it to him. Besides the Indian she was working on at the base, AT also claimed that Sam owned a Harley. Now when Sam was working on the Indian, all she told Jack was that she wasn't going fishing with him because she "had a project she really needed to work on." I figured she was working on it for him, because well, I have a shippy brain and that's where it goes LOL. Maybe tho, she fell in love with the Indian and just built him a Harley instead LOL. Either way "Jack has a motorcycle!!!"

The other aspects of the ep were just this side of boring for me. Can't stand when Michael Shanks talks a mile a minute when explaining things, it really bugs me. I all but ignored Teal'c since he didn't have much to do. The whole Merlin thing is a bit stupid. I love Arthurian Legend, but not in this context. Maybe pt 2 will be better, but I'm not holding my breath.

getcarter
July 16th, 2005, 10:30 AM
*waves* Hey everyone!!

We had a storm that knocked out our power last night right before the premiere so I had to wait another two hours to for it to run again at 11:00. The power came back on just in time and then I wasn't able to get on the forum.... :rolleyes:

Anyway.... I didnt' want to like it, I really didn't...especially with RDA leaving, but it was really good. I was pleasantly surprised that they had scenes with Sam in there. I was resigned to the fact that we wouldn't see her for 5 episodes so it was nice. I of course jumped on the "I had my reasons for wanting this job" I'll just bet she did.... I'm leaving the "Cassie story" out of the equation since they haven't mentioned it yet on the show. But when Jack said motorcycle... the ooooooooo could be heard throughout my darkened house! LOL!! If you notice he didn't say my motorcycle...he said My house, and my car, *pause* motorcycle. Please, like he has a motorcycle....

I'm not expecting anything else shippy this season, but I'm ok with that. In my mind they are together and unless he or she walks down the aisle with another person then that's what I'm sticking to!

nell
July 16th, 2005, 11:49 AM
I was wondering, did anyone notice the Cameron/Carter flirting??? Was it flirting or just friendly talk?

About Sam and the new guy Not to worry!!!! :) Totally friendship. End of Season 8 is clear to me that Sam and Jack are on the path to a relationship! :p That's my story and I'm sticking with it!!!! :D

nell
July 16th, 2005, 11:59 AM
Friendly Reminder! :) Please use your spoiler tags. Some of our Shippers want to be spoiler free for Seasons 8 and 9. ;)

ses110
July 16th, 2005, 01:10 PM
My take is Sam and Mitchell are Friends.Nothing more.BB turned down the role of Pete and TPTB are not about to go down that road.If Sam and Jack could not get together because the Regs the same goes for Sam and Mitchell.Nell said it best Sam and Jack are on the path to a relationship.I hope we somehow get to see that in Season 9.

Rogue
July 16th, 2005, 01:17 PM
*waves* Hey everyone!!

We had a storm that knocked out our power last night right before the premiere so I had to wait another two hours to for it to run again at 11:00. The power came back on just in time and then I wasn't able to get on the forum.... :rolleyes:

Anyway.... I didnt' want to like it, I really didn't...especially with RDA leaving, but it was really good. I was pleasantly surprised that they had scenes with Sam in there. I was resigned to the fact that we wouldn't see her for 5 episodes so it was nice. I of course jumped on the "I had my reasons for wanting this job" I'll just bet she did.... I'm leaving the "Cassie story" out of the equation since they haven't mentioned it yet on the show. But when Jack said motorcycle... the ooooooooo could be heard throughout my darkened house! LOL!! If you notice he didn't say my motorcycle...he said My house, and my car, *pause* motorcycle. Please, like he has a motorcycle....

I'm not expecting anything else shippy this season, but I'm ok with that. In my mind they are together and unless he or she walks down the aisle with another person then that's what I'm sticking to!

Maybe the Season 9 motorcycle is Sams. He was selling it for her. He use "the" motorcycle because he didn't want him to know it was Sams.

nell
July 16th, 2005, 01:23 PM
Maybe the Season 9 motorcycle is Sams. He was selling it for her. He use "the" motorcycle because he didn't want him to know it was Sams.

I agree, it belongs to Sam. Why Jack is signing papers on/for/about the motorcycle is our mystery to solve!!! TPTB threw us a bone!!! :p A wishbone! I wish that Sam and Jack are in a relationship to be confirmed mid or end of season! :rolleyes:

waterfall
July 16th, 2005, 01:41 PM
Ya know, being a Virgo with anal-retentive attention to details happens to come in handy when you are Sam/Jack shipper, especially when TPTB only throw you a few crumbs. There were a few highlights though.

The obvious motorcycle comment, though he said he was "signing papers" and never once metioned the word "sell", he could be giving them to someone.
Mabey he gave them to Sam, cuz you know how much she liked his house.
Which brings me to the other highlight, that no one else here seemed to mention.
New Ancient technology here on earth and Sam's too busy to come check it out??
Could it be because a certain General just happened to be in town????(squeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!)
Just think about it......
When Sam was talking to Cameron, she was either on the Prometheus or the Dedalus and since the Dedalus had left for the Pegasus galaxy by that time and SG-1 used the Prometheus for their mission to find Avalon, she obviously wasn't on either ship.
Whatever (or whomever, hehe) would have to be *very* interesting to keep her away from some shiny new doohickey. :D

Oh, and my vote on the Vala character:
LOVED HER!!!! She was such a hoot!!
But as for Daniel/Vala ship, I think she's waayyy too much woman for Daniel.

waterfall

xkawaiix
July 16th, 2005, 02:17 PM
Just thought to point out we've hit 7000 posts!!!! Well, now it's 7001 :D

Sam_o_Neill
July 16th, 2005, 03:24 PM
ok! I just got to see the new episode and i'm happy to say I managed to stay away from Gateworld until I had :)

Here are my thoughts.(well some of them...the rest are over in the Avalon Thread :D)

I was serverly disappointed at the opening credits, due to the fact that WE HAD NONE!! If you blink you miss em! No song or anything! :( That didn't put me in a happy mood for watching.
At first Cameron seemed a bit 'stiff' no much character at all but I felt sorry for him when he found out all of SG-1 had gone there seperate ways and by the end..after some very funny lines I do like him :)
The vibe going on between Daniel and Vala is excellent! I'm liking Vala more and more! :)
I didn't think we had a good enough excuse for Sam being away, I know she said 'I have my reasons' but TPTB could easily have give us another line to make it shippy! anything! but they didn't :( and I don't think we saw as much of Jack as i'd hoped either :( Although as soon as Jack mentioned Motorbike I thought of Sam!! Lets hope thats the virst of many very subtle shippy hints TPTB are going to give us! Ones that only the trained eyes of shippers can see :P

Anyways, I'm still not sure what I think of Landry but he seems to be a good guy. I'm definately going to watch next week, cause I have to admit even though it was wierd it was fun :D

I'm just keeping my finger crossed for Sam and Jack in the next few eps!!

sg-1fanintn
July 16th, 2005, 03:50 PM
I was wondering, did anyone notice the Cameron/Carter flirting??? Was it flirting or just friendly talk?
It was not flirting. It was just friendly talk.

I'm here so infrequently that I missed what you say about the "..miltary types.."

But the "Primer" on the homepage here said, "...likely that her muted relationship with O'Neill will continue, with the Gen's new position in Homeworld Security still being over Sam in the chain of command.." This had me so confused...and sad. Who wrote that primer?
Darren wrote the Primer. On the Sam is a Great Character Thread, we've already taken exception with part of the Primer.....because Darren mentions Sam's feelings for Jack, but not Jack's feelings for Sam. Also.....he talks about Sam's string of relationships where the men have met grisly ends, but she never dated any of those guys! She felt close to Martouf because of Jolinar, and I think she could have been interested in Narim, but it never went anywhere.

On to last night, I agree with everyone about the motorcycle comment.....because we all know Jack never HAD one! There's also the point that he says, my house, my car, the motorcycle. There's a clue in there, just as when Sam said to Cam, "I have my reasons for wanting this job."

Does anyone know misstweedledee? She apparently used to post here a lot, then quit, but came back recently. She said that she had found a link on MSN that said that the Sam/Jack relationship is confirmed in episode 10----which would be the first part of The Fourth Horseman. I couldn't find the link and PM'ed her to please post it, but she hasn't been back since.

Now, that would be worth seeing. If anyone else knows anything about that, please post it! If not, we'll go on with the shippy crumbs we think we've been thrown and hope that next week brings us something better!

nell
July 16th, 2005, 03:50 PM
ok! I just got to see the new episode and i'm happy to say I managed to stay away from Gateworld until I had :)

Here are my thoughts.(well some of them...the rest are over in the Avalon Thread :D)

I was serverly disappointed at the opening credits, due to the fact that WE HAD NONE!! If you blink you miss em! No song or anything! :( That didn't put me in a happy mood for watching.
At first Cameron seemed a bit 'stiff' no much character at all but I felt sorry for him when he found out all of SG-1 had gone there seperate ways and by the end..after some very funny lines I do like him :)
The vibe going on between Daniel and Vala is excellent! I'm liking Vala more and more! :)
I didn't think we had a good enough excuse for Sam being away, I know she said 'I have my reasons' but TPTB could easily have give us another line to make it shippy! anything! but they didn't :( and I don't think we saw as much of Jack as i'd hoped either :( Although as soon as Jack mentioned Motorbike I thought of Sam!! Lets hope thats the virst of many very subtle shippy hints TPTB are going to give us! Ones that only the trained eyes of shippers can see :P

Anyways, I'm still not sure what I think of Landry but he seems to be a good guy. I'm definately going to watch next week, cause I have to admit even though it was wierd it was fun :D

I'm just keeping my finger crossed for Sam and Jack in the next few eps!!

Hiya **waves** I'm glad you were able to stay spoiler free as you wished. Now you can scroll through our posts from last night. Like most of us you were able to catch Avalon the shippy clue that we believe to be the MOTORCYCLE!!!! We don't know how Jack and Sam and the motorcycle are connected but we hope to find out this season!!! ;)

Catysg1
July 16th, 2005, 03:59 PM

Very well BrenRen :) but still TPTB didn't use Sam and Jack in the same scene apparently !!!!( Haven't seen the episode and no intention of rushing to see it either )

....and why not ?!!! because let's annoy the S/J shippers a little bit more .

The last we saw of Sam and Jack together was Threads or Mobieus if you like ...and this is it ..I doubt we'll see them again together on screen ..until may be the very finale of the series when Jack will do a come back to Cheyenne Mountain for a special celebration , whatever that may be ...I

.... mean the end of the show may be big so why not have all the old cast back as long as the charcters are not dead ...

....Saying that I have seen another series finale recently and in the last scene of the series , somebody who left the show a year earlier and was a major character for a long time apparently didn't come back for the serie finale :( Could be the same with RDA/ SG1 ..who knows !!!!

PS: I didn't know that Sam was in episode 1 ( I suppose it was the extra scene she filmed at the end of season 8 before she had her baby !!)..I'm surprised but not happy that her scene was with somebody else than Jack considering that the last scene of season 8 was both of them fishing ..Anyway I was expecting a zero ship so I suppose I may be happy to watch it and hear the comment on the bike :rolleyes:

Caty :)

Catysg1
July 16th, 2005, 04:11 PM
Hiya **waves** I'm glad you were able to stay spoiler free as you wished. Now you can scroll through our posts from last night. Like most of us you were able to catch Avalon the shippy clue that we believe to be the MOTORCYCLE!!!! We don't know how Jack and Sam and the motorcycle are connected but we hope to find out this season!!! ;)

I suppose the motorcycle thingie is related to Sam and Jack ,..got to be ..but what I'm not too comfortable with ..is the fact that TPTB gives a stupid little crumb like that so that the shippers find their happiness somewhere in the episode ..I 'm kind of wondering even if they are not laughing at us if they read some shipper threads and get analysis of the motorcycle comment by Jack :S They probably are and I feel very uncomfortable about a word thrown in the episode which probably means ship but is so vicious in a way . :o Gosh ..I think they are really bad people ...who don't deserve such a dedicated fanbase

nell
July 16th, 2005, 04:25 PM
Does anyone know misstweedledee? She apparently used to post here a lot, then quit, but came back recently. She said that she had found a link on MSN that said that the Sam/Jack relationship is confirmed in episode 10----which would be the first part of The Fourth Horseman. I couldn't find the link and PM'ed her to please post it, but she hasn't been back since.

Now, that would be worth seeing. If anyone else knows anything about that, please post it! If not, we'll go on with the shippy crumbs we think we've been thrown and hope that next week brings us something better!

****GULP**** I didn't see that post!!!!! So is that the first half or second half of season 9?

Catysg1
July 16th, 2005, 04:26 PM
Just wanted to add that if Jack said THE motorbike !!! and not MY motorbike !!! then it's because it may be Sam 's bike and not his bike . They may already be married and time has passed since Threads ...Now they share their belongings ..What is mine is yours kind of thing .

nell
July 16th, 2005, 04:33 PM
Just wanted to add that if Jack said THE motorbike !!! and not MY motorbike !!! then it's because it may be Sam 's bike and not his bike .

Hi Caty,

Jack's exact words: ....sign on my house and my car, the motorcycle..." So, that may be the only bone we get and I'm taking it. Believe me, I don't like it. I think they could have done so much more. Let's see how things develop. ;)

Grace O'Neill
July 16th, 2005, 05:17 PM
I suppose the motorcycle thingie is related to Sam and Jack ,..got to be ..but what I'm not too comfortable with ..is the fact that TPTB gives a stupid little crumb like that so that the shippers find their happiness somewhere in the episode ..I 'm kind of wondering even if they are not laughing at us if they read some shipper threads and get analysis of the motorcycle comment by Jack :S They probably are and I feel very uncomfortable about a word thrown in the episode which probably means ship but is so vicious in a way . :o Gosh ..I think they are really bad people ...who don't deserve such a dedicated fanbase

I agree with you 100%! I haven't seen the episode yet, but got enough details from the spoilers (THANK YOU EVERYONE FOR ALL THE DETAILS!!!! ;) ) . For some reason I get a feeling that TPTB are toying with us, shippers, and they are probably enjoing it too... :( I am not saying that they are bad people, but the choices they have made over the years and now are bad... just very bad... :( As someone already mentioned, it would be unreasonable and unreal for them to pretend like there is nothing between Sam and Jack. Come on, they are 2 adults who love each other and have finally realized that they belong together (Threads anyone???).

I really don't know what is stopping TBTP from admitting that Jack and Sam are together? Obviously, we won't get any on-screen ship since RDA is not available anymore (for very important reasons - I am proud of him for putting his family first!). So, the anti-shippers get what they wanted. But what about us? It is really sad that we have to cling on to someting so tinny - a comment about a bike that might or might not mean a thing. I am so sad... really... Why should we scrape for some tiny details that may or may not be there to keep us happy, when other fans get exactly what they want - no ship, new characters, action, humor, etc... It is unfair and unreal. I've got my proof that TBTP don't care about shippers even a bit. I have never been so disappointed in a TV show before...
***goes away with tears in her eyes*** :( :( :(

Billie
July 16th, 2005, 05:22 PM
Hey all :)

Just dashing in before bed and to have a quick spoiler fest! There is obviously plenty to discuss and I only wish I could join in properly but I have yet to see the episode :( -roll on October!

Anyhow seeing as I can't throw in my pennys worth I thought I leave you with a tribute to Jack who is going to be very sorely missed :(
I posted this on the thunk thread earlier but thought you guys might appreciate it too! :)

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a57/pcbillie/jacktribute_big.jpg
:) :) :) :) :) :)

Keeping the shipper faith!! :) :)

Katkin
July 16th, 2005, 05:37 PM
Ok. I have a question for those who saw Avalon Pt1. Remember how we have been grasping at the rumor that at the end of S8, they called AT and RDA back to shoot additional scenes. Don't you think that the scenes they shot were RDA standing at the window apparently talking to Mitchell, and Sam presenting Mitchell with the Medal of Honor at the hospital. She definitely looked pregnant to me which makes me think that those two scenes were the call backs. In those two scenes, Mitchell was even shown.. Perhaps RDA was even called back for the meeting with Landry. Of course, it's not to say that they didn't shoot additional scenes that may come in additional episodes. What does everyone think?

Agree with you GirlGater. Hi Shippers – been thunking for the last few weeks but definitely need every shipper crumb these days. Have to say I quite enjoyed it last night because I took a fellow Thunker’s advice and just treated it as if it were a new franchise. Loved Vala… mainly because I look like her and it warms my heart to see a gal with thick eyebrows and a slightly larger-than-average nose do well in this world of stick-thin Barbies!

;) ;) ;)

Buc252
July 16th, 2005, 06:27 PM

I agree, Caty. No offense to those here - we're all so desperate for ship - but as I read and made posts today it occurred to me. This is pathetic!!!! We're getting all happy and excited over a WORD that could be just something tossed in and means nothing!

I don't think they put that word in to make us happy, I think they put it in so they could *torture* us. :P

Grace O'Neill
July 16th, 2005, 06:44 PM
I agree, Caty. No offense to those here - we're all so desperate for ship - but as I read and made posts today it occurred to me. This is pathetic!!!! We're getting all happy and excited over a WORD that could be just something tossed in and means nothing!

I don't think they put that word in to make us happy, I think they put it in so they could *torture* us. :P

I know I am repeating myself, but oh well... ;)

I agree with you Buc252! As I said earlier, it is so sad to see things unfold they way they have.

If any of the TBTP are lurking around, I only have 1 thing to say to you:

SHAME ON YOU!!!

And I do apologize to any of my fellow shippers if I offended you with this statement. This is just happens to be how I feel! :rolleyes:
I am all for having faith and hope for shippy resolution (yep, there is still some of that hope left, but it's diminishing quickly), but we have to draw a line somewhere! We are a strong fan base and deserve some respect!

Say it with me, ladies: R-E-S-P-E-C-T!!! :D :cool:

nell
July 16th, 2005, 07:04 PM
I know I am repeating myself, but oh well... ;)

I agree with you Buc252! As I said earlier, it is so sad to see things unfold they way they have.

If any of the TBTP are lurking around, I only have 1 thing to say to you:

SHAME ON YOU!!!

And I do apologize to any of my fellow shippers if I offended you with this statement. This is just happens to be how I feel! :rolleyes:
I am all for having faith and hope for shippy resolution (yep, there is still some of that hope left, but it's diminishing quickly), but we have to draw a line somewhere! We are a strong fan base and deserve some respect!

Say it with me, ladies: R-E-S-P-E-C-T!!! :D :cool:

Grace and Buc252, I appreciate your opinions because you have some solid points and you express them respectfully. This is a pretty good shipper community and our strength is that we accept and respect each others opinions and feelings. Not to mention we have fun!!! Speaking for myself, your opinions keep me on my toes although as you can see I tend to search for the ship and hold doggedly to each morsel!!! Hee, hee!! ;)

Myrth
July 16th, 2005, 07:28 PM
Hey all... just got finished watching Avalon.

I might be in the minority here but I liked the first ep. I liked the ship references. The motorcycle was one for those paying attention, Sam having her reasons was another. But I also thought Daniel's demeanour when he told Cam that Sam wasn't coming back leant that way too. I took it as he knows that she isn't gonna budge from her spot with Jack for this.... hee (glass is half full kids).

I actually thought Vala was hilarious.. I'm looking forward to seeing Sam meet her... should be fun... but also Jack in ep 3 hopefully.. coz that'll be funny too. Remember he's not a single man now... maybe there'll be a clue there.

I was paying attention to time frames though. To me I think Jack had left a couple of weeks before, then Sam the week before and Teal'c the month before. To me that means Jack left and Sam's interest in the SGC left with him. Nice!

Anyway.. that was my take. But I ship L&O SVU.. I can find ship in the only rock left in the desert... ;)

Myrth
July 16th, 2005, 07:37 PM
Oooh I made this last night too... couldn't resist.. but then who could ;)

http://www.bigbutton.com.au/%7Ewickedgrin/gallery/albums/userpics/10001/temptation.jpg

Grace O'Neill
July 16th, 2005, 07:42 PM

http://www.bigbutton.com.au/%7Ewickedgrin/gallery/albums/userpics/10001/temptation.jpg

WOW! SO BEAUTIFUL!!!

You did an excelent job! THANK YOU FOR SHARING!

gatewatcher
July 16th, 2005, 07:55 PM
Hey, you are new, right?
(Sorry I'm a bit slow... :D )

WELCOME TO THE SHIPPER FAMILY, gate_girl12!!!

http://tinypic.com/8y5cw3.jpg

Have fun! (I'm sure you will.)

:) :) :)

oh, galaxy.............that should have come with a warning and a glass of ice water!!!! :D Thanks for the memory!

girlgater
July 16th, 2005, 08:08 PM

Nice, very nice. I wish I could do this kind of beauty.

mad_gater
July 16th, 2005, 08:18 PM
mad_gate, play nice!!! :rolleyes:
ROFL!!!!!! Now you know not to use that phrase in front of the shippertown flirt....could backfire on you...:P:D:P:D:P:D:P:D

mad_gater
July 16th, 2005, 08:35 PM
Nah, they'll never let Sam and Jack get together in this reality :( unless one of them resigns or retires. Especially since SG-1 is approved by the USAF. Like Amanda Tapping said when she came to Melbourne in 2002, the USAF almost cracked it that Sam calls O'Neill "JACK" in Solitudes. But...they still left it in (GO PRODUCERS!)

Was watching "Window of Opportunity" the other day... good example of how much they respect the regs, Jack retires before he snogs Sam...which is probably the best scene in the episode :D

PS: Anyone notice that Sam kept her maiden name in "Point of View"? How dense am I, I only just realised it!

SG-1...Can't be the originals.
((((((((((gate_girl12))))))))))))

WELCOME GATE_GIRL12!!!!!!!!!

sg-1fanintn
July 16th, 2005, 09:11 PM
Does anyone know misstweedledee? She apparently used to post here a lot, then quit, but came back recently. She said that she had found a link on MSN that said
that the Sam/Jack relationship is confirmed in episode 10----which would be the first part of The Fourth Horseman. I checked MSN and couldn't find the link and PM'ed her to please post it, but she hasn't been back since.

****GULP**** I didn't see that post!!!!! So is that the first half or second half of season 9?

Sorry to quote my own post, but Nell's question wouldn't have made sense without it. According to the list of eps, The Fourth Horseman is the mid-season two-parter. So the first part would air in the U. S. in September, and the second part would air here in January of 2006. At this point, that's all I know. I wish misstweedledee hadn't disappeared after posting that. If I could have heard back from her that same day, we might have been able to find the link. Ha! Maybe she's a lurker from TPTB.....and she just dropped by to plant an idea!!

Anyway, some of us speculated a little that day that it's probably the episode in which the plague is released.....and maybe Jack gets sick!!! Oh, no!

sg-1fanintn
July 16th, 2005, 09:13 PM
Welcome, Gate_girl12!

Please visit and post often! All J/S shippers welcome here!

trupi
July 16th, 2005, 10:29 PM
Sorry to quote my own post, but Nell's question wouldn't have made sense without it. According to the list of eps, The Fourth Horseman is the mid-season two-parter. So the first part would air in the U. S. in September, and the second part would air here in January of 2006. At this point, that's all I know. I wish misstweedledee hadn't disappeared after posting that. If I could have heard back from her that same day, we might have been able to find the link. Ha! Maybe she's a lurker from TPTB.....and she just dropped by to plant an idea!!

Anyway, some of us speculated a little that day that it's probably the episode in which the plague is released.....and maybe Jack gets sick!!! Oh, no!
I e-mailed Misstweedledee and asked her to return and answer your question.

sg-1fanintn
July 16th, 2005, 10:39 PM
Thanks! Tried to green you, but I'm all out right now. Did you e-mail her through GW, or do you happen to have her actual e-mail address? Because the GW e-mail hasn't been working for me lately.....

trupi
July 16th, 2005, 10:40 PM
I thought we were having fun just talkin about the car/truck or motorcycle issue. That doesn't mean I'm happy with tibits from the lords of Vancourver about the ship. However, when there is nothing else good to talk about an episode, you get silly and grab at straws. Hopefully something with meat will appear! But I'm a hungry beast and soon going to search for better hunting grounds. Until then let stick together and have fun! I hate to lose you guys because some people like to play with shipper's minds. Peace and love and keep on Shipping!

trupi
July 16th, 2005, 10:45 PM
Thanks! Tried to green you, but I'm all out right now. Did you e-mail her through GW, or do you happen to have her actual e-mail address? Because the GW e-mail hasn't been working for me lately.....
If you go where you PM, and type the person's handle, it will take you to a site which gives a mini bio of the person. There you can get her outside GW e-mail address. But I also e-mailed through GW.

sg-1fanintn
July 16th, 2005, 10:56 PM
Thanks, trupi. I'll have to look at that more closely.

Here's my regular reminder to everyone:

Round 31 of the Fave Episodes Tournament has begun. The Sentinel was eliminated in Round 30. Keep Divide & Conquer (the holy grail of J/S shippiness) from getting the axe! It’s now #5, so it’s really in danger. Please keep voting! Catch up on the tourney (and which eps have been eliminated so far) here:
http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=12889&page=69&pp=20

Be careful! If you accidentally vote for an ep that has already been eliminated, none of your votes will count in that round.

Sam and Jack thank you. I thank you!

majorsal
July 16th, 2005, 11:08 PM
Well being the die hard optimistic shipper that I am, I'm going with option number 2 ,that it's a comment thrown in there for us shippers to cling onto and cling on we will with all our might!! ;)

i have absolutely NO doubt that it was a bone thrown to the shippers! :D they *know* us, and knew we'd grab onto that little jem with both hands.

yay! :D

sally :D

sg-1fanintn
July 16th, 2005, 11:33 PM
I agree too!

Sally, I just PMed you about a Ship Day Project. Just wanted to alert you since I saw you were still online.....

Bedtime for me!

Myrth
July 16th, 2005, 11:37 PM
Hi all... capped a bunch of shots of Sam & Jack from Avalon.. they can be found here.

http://www.bigbutton.com.au/~wickedgrin/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=22

sg-1fanintn
July 16th, 2005, 11:53 PM
Hi all... capped a bunch of shots of Sam & Jack from Avalon.. they can be found here.

Myrth, those are great!!! Thanks for sharing!

pittsburghgirl
July 17th, 2005, 12:14 AM
i have absolutely NO doubt that it was a bone thrown to the shippers! :D they *know* us, and knew we'd grab onto that little jem with both hands.

with both hands-our teeth and our prehensile toes even!

Billie
July 17th, 2005, 03:25 AM

Thanks Myrth, you are a legend!! and have definitely eased the pain of waiting until Oct! :D :D
So giving you some green for that :) :)

Billie
July 17th, 2005, 04:57 AM
http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a57/pcbillie/milestone2.jpg

Was gonna do an 'in anticipation' addition for girlgater, nell and Buc252 but am having such fun playing with pics it offers the perfect opportunity for another pic manip!!

So get posting you three and I'll get creating!! :D :D

girlgater
July 17th, 2005, 06:01 AM

Was gonna do an 'in anticipation' addition for girlgater, nell and Buc252 but am having such fun playing with pics it offers the perfect opportunity for another pic manip!!

Thanks, Billie:

Here's my 400th post. I need to make it something especially shippy. Shame we didn't get alot in Avalon. I have a question about something that Mitchell did say, however. In his conversation with Sam via the video/pc link, what was he talking about when he said something about giving her breakfast when she got back down to solid ground? Is that a military phrase or something else?

nell
July 17th, 2005, 06:10 AM

A big thanks for sharing these caps!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

nell
July 17th, 2005, 06:16 AM
Thanks, Billie:

Here's my 400th post. I need to make it something especially shippy. Shame we didn't get alot in Avalon. I have a question about something that Mitchell did say, however. In his conversation with Sam via the video/pc link, what was he talking about when he said something about giving her breakfast when she got back down to solid ground? Is that a military phrase or something else?

girlgater's got her 400!!!!!!

Myrth
July 17th, 2005, 06:17 AM
w00t! It's all about the green baby ;)

lol.. nah.. it was my pleasure kids. Capping Sam & Jack is always a pleasure!

:)

Thanks Myrth, you are a legend!! and have definitely eased the pain of waiting until Oct! :D :D
So giving you some green for that :) :)

girlgater
July 17th, 2005, 06:26 AM
girlgater's got her 400!!!!!!

I can't believe it! It seems like only yesterday I was a little Primtah.

((((nell))))

misstweedledee
July 17th, 2005, 06:42 AM
Hey *waves*

Afternoon, i heard some people where looking for me, how can i help ?

oh, i am goin out in like half an hour so PM, e-mail post's wot ever u like and i'll try and respond.

just gotta finish watchin avalon pt1, post thoughts on that later

hugs for all

misstweedledee :D

dipsofjazz
July 17th, 2005, 10:25 AM
:D Hi chums. I thought you may be interested in a post from tsaxlady in the "Sam's a Great Character" thread. There's a tiny shippy spoiler. Here is the link. (http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost.php?p=4363671&postcount=11762) :D

galaxy
July 17th, 2005, 10:33 AM
Thank you so much for the link, dipsofjazz!!!

Sounds.....interesting. :D

dipsofjazz
July 17th, 2005, 10:37 AM
:D Hi galaxy.Yes, it's not much but it does give us a little hope. :D

dipsofjazz
July 17th, 2005, 10:40 AM
:D Talking about the "Sam's a Great Character" thread, the last few posts there have some more pictures of Amanda taken by tsaxlady at the convention, if anyone is interested. :D

galaxy
July 17th, 2005, 10:50 AM
:D Hi galaxy.Yes, it's not much but it does give us a little hope. :D

Indeed. It does. At least we can hope for some juicy phone calls now. :eek: :D

LOL4JACK
July 17th, 2005, 10:55 AM
Indeed. It does. At least we can hope for some juicy phone calls now. :eek: :D
I guess we'll know when she addresses him as Jack :p

ses110
July 17th, 2005, 10:58 AM
I never though I would say this but I can live with a few Phone calls and maybe Jack will be in the Season Finale.It may not be terrible to have the Sam and Jack Ship in the backround for a while.The Ship has come under fire for a while and maybe when we do get Sam and Jack Ship again it will be better than ever.I'am not concerned with any Sam and Mitchell Ship but I was wondering what the link meant about watching Beach Head regarding Sam and Mitchell?Maybe because it's Sam's first episode back.

dipsofjazz
July 17th, 2005, 11:01 AM
I agree with you Ses. Perhaps the episode you mention will just give us some background information about how Sam and Cam know each other.

shipper hannah
July 17th, 2005, 11:35 AM
:D Hi chums. I thought you may be interested in a post from tsaxlady in the "Sam's a Great Character" thread. There's a tiny shippy spoiler. Here is the link. (http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost.php?p=4363671&postcount=11762) :D

aha! a morsel of ship!!! :D
at least that's something. we can muse over that for a few more weeks ;)

shipper hannah
July 17th, 2005, 11:40 AM

there's a lot more sam in there than i expected. i thought she was just in the hospital scene and video scene... are some of those caps from flashbacks?

Billie
July 17th, 2005, 02:05 PM
YAY more posting milestones!! :)

Perfect excuse for another Billie pic story!! :p :p

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a57/pcbillie/allegiance6.jpg
Hey Carter! What are the posting milestones again?

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a57/pcbillie/allegiance14.jpg
Well, according to my latest calculations we've got
galaxy 650, shipper hannah 550, girlgater 400 and nell 350

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a57/pcbillie/allegiance8.jpg
Well spank me rosie, our shippers are good!

YAY - You bet we are!! ;) :p

divcon
July 17th, 2005, 02:17 PM

Well done galaxy, shipper hannah, girlgater and nell.

*sobbing into a hankie. I've been away (drat RL) and Jack and Sam missed my milestone. sob sob sob* :( :( :(

Hey Billie, LOVE your pic stories! Gotta green you (if I can). Can't stay long I have to get the girls ready for school but I'll come back later and TRY to catch up. How was Season 9? When I've got more time, as I said, I'm sure it's been discused already.

LONG LIVE THE SHIP!!!!

misstweedledee
July 17th, 2005, 02:19 PM
Hey *waves*

O.k so a few people have been trying to get hold of me so i think i need to clear something up.
A while ago i posted a message that said i had seen a screen name on MSN messenger that confirmed Sam/Jack relations in the fourth hourseman, and asked if anyone knew anything about it.

Now some people seem to have been a little confused, as i tried to stress at the time a MSN screen name is just like a signature hear on GW, its up to the invidivual what is written, so this screen name is in no way a link to valuable/confirmed information.

secondly i have since tracked down the person who belonged to this screen name and have discovered that it isnt based on confirmed information, rather speculation from news posted about the episode hear on GW

just thought i should first clear up this misunderstanding as the messages i recieved seemed to indicate the sender was under the impression it was an actuall link to a site with this info.

And secondly appologise for the misunderstanding and for the false hopes that i am sure would have been raised when reading the original post (just as mine where when i saw the screen name)

Sorry again, and if anyone has more questions the please PM me

Uber
July 17th, 2005, 02:21 PM
Okay...thanks to my friend and yours ForeverSG1, I was able to get these clips of Sam in Avalon. I edited them a smidge just to clip off the extra non-Sam stuff and to make them significantly smaller file sizes... :D

Sam talking to Cam over video phone:
http://www.powerpromoz.com/stargate/samcarter/av_sam_call.mpg

Flashback of Sam awarding Cam Congressional Medal of Honor:
http://www.powerpromoz.com/stargate/samcarter/av_sam_moh.mpg

Let's all give a big "WHO LOVES YA BABY" to KAT!!!!! Woohoo!!!

http://www.powerpromoz.com/stargate/woo_jackandsam.jpg

:cool:

trupi
July 17th, 2005, 02:32 PM
Hey *waves*

O.k so a few people have been trying to get hold of me so i think i need to clear something up.
A while ago i posted a message that said i had seen a screen name on MSN messenger that confirmed Sam/Jack relations in the fourth hourseman, and asked if anyone knew anything about it.

Now some people seem to have been a little confused, as i tried to stress at the time a MSN screen name is just like a signature hear on GW, its up to the invidivual what is written, so this screen name is in no way a link to valuable/confirmed information.

secondly i have since tracked down the person who belonged to this screen name and have discovered that it isnt based on confirmed information, rather speculation from news posted about the episode hear on GW

just thought i should first clear up this misunderstanding as the messages i recieved seemed to indicate the sender was under the impression it was an actuall link to a site with this info.

And secondly appologise for the misunderstanding and for the false hopes that i am sure would have been raised when reading the original post (just as mine where when i saw the screen name)

Sorry again, and if anyone has more questions the please PM me

Thanks for coming back and cleaning up the question. Come back and post more often!

girlgater
July 17th, 2005, 02:34 PM

Thanks, Billie. I love your pic stories. I can't give you green, but would if I could. Thanks again...

gatewatcher
July 17th, 2005, 02:41 PM

SWEET!!! Thanks . :)

Catysg1
July 17th, 2005, 03:11 PM

Desesperation .....> Torture ..2 words here in TPTB 's mind always .For them the shippers are desesperate and have issues ..so let's torture them :S Shame , shame and shame again :o

Alias TPTB as for them have realised that torturing the shippers is not really fullfilling and did decide after the season 3 love triangle that the Syd /Vaughn ship will never be touched ever again ..I have complete faith in Alias TPTB ..They are commited to their fan base and want to please the ones who are interested in the relationship between Syd & Vaughn and the others (or all) who are interested in the action part of the show .
Very well done indeed and by doing so Shippers are not scared about the Syd /Vaughn ship and in that case do not even demand a kiss in every episode ..They can know enjoy the show for what it is and when there is a kiss or a cuddle ..it's great but the shippers will not dissect each episode for the ship ..They will also enjoy other parts of the episode itself ....

.....and this is what I would like to be able to do with SG1 but I can't because SG1 TPTB is toying with the shippers in a way that I have never seen it in a sci-fi TV show before ..It's very sad and I'm done with the show .

AncientKnowledge
July 17th, 2005, 03:18 PM

Oh oh thank you (((Bev)))) for the great link!!! :D There is hopes great lovely S/J phone calls this Season *Does Happy shippy Dance* :D

nell
July 17th, 2005, 03:23 PM

Holy Hannah! Thanks Billie, Sam and Jack for the congratulations!! And cheers to my shippy milestone friends!! :D

nell
July 17th, 2005, 03:28 PM
Well done galaxy, shipper hannah, girlgater and nell.

*sobbing into a hankie. I've been away (drat RL) and Jack and Sam missed my milestone. sob sob sob* :( :( :(

Hey Billie, LOVE your pic stories! Gotta green you (if I can). Can't stay long I have to get the girls ready for school but I'll come back later and TRY to catch up. How was Season 9? When I've got more time, as I said, I'm sure it's been discused already.

LONG LIVE THE SHIP!!!!

Hi divcon, welcome back!!! Yes, lots of chatter about Season 9 here!!! ;)

Billie
July 17th, 2005, 03:38 PM
Holy Hannah! Thanks Billie, Sam and Jack for the congratulations!! And cheers to my shippy milestone friends!! :D

Hey nell *waves*, heres to your 400!! :D
BTW did you manage to track down a pic of Jacks cabin that you were after? I had a look on some of the pic sites that I use but will keep digging if you still need one :)

nell
July 17th, 2005, 03:44 PM
Okay...thanks to my friend and yours ForeverSG1, I was able to get these clips of Sam in Avalon. I edited them a smidge just to clip off the extra non-Sam stuff and to make them significantly smaller file sizes... :D

thanks uber (with an umlaut) and friend. Sorry but I forgot your instructions on how to make the umlaut. ;)

BTW do you or anyone else (like maybe our moderator?!) know the rules for posting pics? For example, can I use a Season 8 or 9 pic for my signature? Or are those seasons for spoiler tags just like discussion of said current seasons?? DO NOT LOOK BELOW at my current sig pic!! :o Now that I"m ready to create a new sig pic, I thought to ask about it first where I did not think/know for the one you do not see below. :o No red jello, please. :rolleyes:

Billie
July 17th, 2005, 04:07 PM
Well, it's been a busy busy day and so I'm off for a long night of this....

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a57/pcbillie/jacksleep.jpg

Wayhay!! :D :D *throws glass of cold water in face* well, um, obviously *cough* I mean *cough* I'm off to SLEEP!! :o
Oh what shippy dreams I'm gonna have tonight, yasureyabetcha!! :D :p

Token
July 17th, 2005, 04:16 PM
*whew* I finally finished catching up! :D

My comments about Avalon I I enjoyed it. It was nice to watch SG1 without wondering if there was going to be any S/J ship. I think I need a season to focus on the other aspects I enjoy about the show. The fact we might get tibits of confirmation is OK with me. I remember JM saying they didn't want to commit to any Jack storyline without knowing what RDA's availablity would be.

Cameron -> Liked him! I liked the use of the LC flashbacks. It reminded me of the wonderfully shippy "Lost City". Cameron is such a fan of SG-1 kinda like a non-geeky Feldger. :D I wonder if he is the president of the SG-1 fan club. He was completely devasted that Sam, Daniel and Teal'c weren't on SG-1. His conversation with Sam was revealing. He is unsure of his abilities to be the LEADER of SG-1. I think when Sam returns he will be releaved to give her back command. Like he said, he wanted to LEARN from the best which was SG-1. I don't think 6 episodes will give him the confidence to take command from Sam unless it is not his decision. We shall see. I also liked his enthusiasm for SG-1 that again reminded me of Feldger. It was refreshing to see SG-1 through new eyes.

Landry -> I liked him! I'm a Beau Bridges fan so I will enjoy his presence. I like the chess game between him and Jack. Of course, Jack won! :cool:

Vala -> Don't care for her. I hope there is more to her than sex. She all about sexual jokes and put-downs. I'm sure Jack would have shot her by now. :p

Daniel -> What happened to him?? He was talking so fast I couldn't understand him. :eek: However, I really didn't care about what he was talking.

Teal'c -> Same old same old. Strong but silent. Is this the first time he was carrying a P90 on a mission? LOL at shooting the door!! Loved Mitchell's reaction!

Walter -> What can I say??? He is the BEST!! :cool:

S/J Ship -> Tidbits! Sam's "reasons". Jack and the motorcycle!! The motorcycle was a definite nod to the shippers! Even if it was a RDA adlib, I think RDA sent the word to shippers kinda like the "Pete is no threat to O'Neill".:D S/J ship has always been pretty much subtle. As much as I would like some real obvious ship, I like subtle too. At long as TPTB don't drop the ship like it never happened.
Anyway, one down and looking forward to the next one! :D

Billie
July 17th, 2005, 04:18 PM
Can't stay long I have to get the girls ready for school but I'll come back later and TRY to catch up.

Oops meant to say... Good to see ya back from RL divcon! :) :) Enjoy your catch up!!

nell
July 17th, 2005, 04:20 PM
Hey nell *waves*, heres to your 400!! :D
BTW did you manage to track down a pic of Jacks cabin that you were after? I had a look on some of the pic sites that I use but will keep digging if you still need one :)

Billie,
Hi!!! **waves back** no, I don't have that pic yet. No rush. But if you find it I'd love it. I'll let you know if I find it, too. :D

majorsal
July 17th, 2005, 04:29 PM

:D

majorsal
July 17th, 2005, 04:33 PM
I agree with you Ses. Perhaps the episode you mention will just give us some background information about how Sam and Cam know each other.

i'm thinking this will have more to do with command structure of sg1. like, who's 'really' going to be leading the team.

i want sam to lead sg1! :D

sally :)

ps - i'm real close to hitting 3800 posts... i think i've got four to go. ;)

ses110
July 17th, 2005, 04:43 PM
Token it's strange to say this but in a way it was nice to watch a episode without having to wonder or worry about the Ship.It was getting tiring to hear some people blame everything on the Ship.The Sam and Jack Ship cannot be blamed if Season 9 does not work.I liked Mitchell and I think his character will be fine as long as he does not try to Joke too much.I do think he came across a little whiney about Sam Daniel and Teal'c rejoining SG-1.I cannot blame Mitchell for trying but Sam Daniel and Teal'c put in there Time and should be allowed to move on.IMO Vala is one of the worst characters in SG-1 history.I almost changed the channel.I think the Show will suffer until Sam returns.It's going to be hard enough without Jack for this Show to be good without having no Sam either.In regards to the Ship I hope the Ship will live on with some Phone calls and Sam mentioning Jack's name and maybe we will have Jack appear in the Season finale.I know with my luck I would stop watching the Show and that's when Jack will return and I will be lost.If Jack does not appear in the Season finale and if there is a Season 10 and there's no early confirmation of Jack appearing in any Season 10 epsiodes I doubt I will will give Season 10 a chance.

divcon
July 17th, 2005, 05:04 PM
I've been slowly reading the back posts. I love reading the spoilers and your opinions on what it was like. We've yet to finish Atlantis S1 so who knows when we'll get SG1 S9 so I am going to have to live vicariously through all my GW buddies. From everyting people have said it sounds like the first episode was better than many expected. I to lament at the lose of the on-screen ship but am hoping for some phone calls or at least a mention of Jack. We have never seen 'Promethous nbound' so we have yet to meet Vala so I can't comment on her. Back to the ship, I can't believe that we are talking about not seeing anything until the end of the season or possibly NEXT season. At least we still have our fan fics to keep our dreams alive. I love reading every one that I can find and I love writing them. :)

ses110
July 17th, 2005, 05:11 PM
Good point Sally.I think for Mitchell to have a chance there cannot be any Sam and Mitchell Ship.I will put up with alot in Season 9 but I will be gone so fast if there is any hint of Sam/Mitchell Ship.I understand there cannot be alot of Sam and Jack Ship but I do not want to see Sam Ship with anyone besides Jack.I think BB AT and TBTP are well aware of that fact.

nell
July 17th, 2005, 05:32 PM
I've been slowly reading the back posts. I love reading the spoilers and your opinions on what it was like. We've yet to finish Atlantis S1 so who knows when we'll get SG1 S9 so I am going to have to live vicariously through all my GW buddies. From everyting people have said it sounds like the first episode was better than many expected. I to lament at the lose of the on-screen ship but am hoping for some phone calls or at least a mention of Jack. We have never seen 'Promethous nbound' so we have yet to meet Vala so I can't comment on her. Back to the ship, I can't believe that we are talking about not seeing anything until the end of the season or possibly NEXT season. At least we still have our fan fics to keep our dreams alive. I love reading every one that I can find and I love writing them. :)

divcon and everybody else, Sam and Jack fanfic heaven can be found in the current Stargate Fan Awards 2005 nominations. :p

http://stargatefanawards.com/2005-nominations.shtml

C'mon and join me for some terrific reading!!! ;)

Uber
July 17th, 2005, 05:38 PM
Good point Sally.I think for Mitchell to have a chance there cannot be any Sam and Mitchell Ship.I will put up with alot in Season 9 but I will be gone so fast if there is any hint of Sam/Mitchell Ship.I understand there cannot be alot of Sam and Jack Ship but I do not want to see Sam Ship with anyone besides Jack.I think BB AT and TBTP are well aware of that fact.I'm wanting ship between Cam and Sam. Friendship.

I'm hoping that maybe they know each other from before Lost City...maybe they flew together in the Gulf War or something...that would be neat. Or maybe from the training classes for the X-302 he must have attended as a pilot.

We know they have a close enough relationship that he feels comfortable enough to share his insecurities with her...did that come just from her visiting him in the hospital? That's possible...although he never met Daniel, maybe Sam being the type of person she is stopped by and visited him more often and they developed a rapport.

And I'm sure there's going to be Sam/Cam shippers. It's inevitable when you have a hunkahunka burnin' love like Ben Browder and a beautiful woman like Amanda. And then of course it is our job as Sam/Jack shippers to bludgeon these poor peons into oblivion!!! Muahaahaaahaaa

Whoops...where was I? Oh, yeah...Sam and shipping.

So I'm hoping for a good friendship between Cam and Sam and like I said it'd be sweet if it was steeped in some really juicy backstory about them serving in the Gulf War together as pilots...but who knows...

As for Sam and true romantic shipping...sure, there'll be the occasional guy, albeit hottie or geekmeister, who will develop a crush on Sam...and I'm sure it'll amuse her if she picks up on it. But the only man for Sam romantically IMHO is Jack O'Neill and I honestly don't think that TPTB are so stupid as to try to ship her with anyone else.

Uber
July 17th, 2005, 05:43 PM

:cool:Oh and here's something else to consider when seeing those clips...

How many here had any inkling of an idea that Amanda would be making an appearance in Avalon? Hmmm? Let's see a show of hands....

The correct answer is of course...NONE of us knew. There were ZERO spoilers or teasers letting us know this little tidbit....

With that in mind, who knows what else might be in store for Sam fans, Jack fans or Sam/Jack shippers this season?

I'm just sayin'...

Terrarin
July 17th, 2005, 05:53 PM
Forgive me if I missed something...but tell me again why Jack would be selling "the" motorcycle...since Sam is not moving from Colorado Springs and it was her baby to begin with. Would she give up riding just because he's in DC [ ;) closer to me, hee-hee;)]? I wouldn't think so.

A couple months out of town does not justify selling something so precious.

I've still have some faith in the motorcycle "bone." I just am not sure of the full extent of its meaning.

ses110
July 17th, 2005, 06:00 PM
I have no problem with Sam and Cam Friendship.I think that is all we will see.I also think we will still see the Guest Star of the week fall for Sam.I just hope it's a once in a Blue Moon thing.I hope Season 9 returns SG-1 to a more serious Show and I hope TPTB start bringing in some serious Male guest Stars who have more on there Mind than just Sam.Also serious Female guest Stars and not too many Vala characters would be nice.

ses110
July 17th, 2005, 06:04 PM
Great point Uber.I did not expect to see Sam.This is the reason I will give Season 9 a try.

nell
July 17th, 2005, 06:37 PM
I'm wanting ship between Cam and Sam. Friendship.

I'm hoping that maybe they know each other from before Lost City...maybe they flew together in the Gulf War or something...that would be neat. Or maybe from the training classes for the X-302 he must have attended as a pilot.

We know they have a close enough relationship that he feels comfortable enough to share his insecurities with her...did that come just from her visiting him in the hospital? That's possible...although he never met Daniel, maybe Sam being the type of person she is stopped by and visited him more often and they developed a rapport.

And I'm sure there's going to be Sam/Cam shippers. It's inevitable when you have a hunkahunka burnin' love like Ben Browder and a beautiful woman like Amanda. And then of course it is our job as Sam/Jack shippers to bludgeon these poor peons into oblivion!!! Muahaahaaahaaa

Whoops...where was I? Oh, yeah...Sam and shipping.

So I'm hoping for a good friendship between Cam and Sam and like I said it'd be sweet if it was steeped in some really juicy backstory about them serving in the Gulf War together as pilots...but who knows...

As for Sam and true romantic shipping...sure, there'll be the occasional guy, albeit hottie or geekmeister, who will develop a crush on Sam...and I'm sure it'll amuse her if she picks up on it. But the only man for Sam romantically IMHO is Jack O'Neill and I honestly don't think that TPTB are stupid to try to ship her with anyone else.

Quite simply, what you said!!! I agree. ;)

nell
July 17th, 2005, 06:46 PM
Oh and here's something else to consider when seeing those clips...

How many here had any inkling of an idea that Amanda would be making an appearance in Avalon? Hmmm? Let's see a show of hands....

The correct answer is of course...NONE of us knew. There were ZERO spoilers or teasers letting us know this little tidbit....

With that in mind, who knows what else might be in store for Sam fans, Jack fans or Sam/Jack shippers this season?

I'm just sayin'...

What you say, again, yes!!! Avalon I didn't expect to see Sam at all! When they showed clips from Lost City I thought, "clever, clips from Lost City." When they showed her presenting the medal, "hey, I didn't know Sam would be here, cool!" And, best of all, when she was talking with Cameron, "Woweee! This is a terrific surprise! What's next???" Well, what's next, I hope, is some Sam and Jack time or references to them as a couple. Like I said before...I'm easy (ooops, don't tell mad_gater what I said!! hee, hee :D

Buc252
July 17th, 2005, 06:58 PM

Thanks, Billie!

Actually, this picture you've posted has perfect timing, since I was watching the DVD it's from just today. Which brings me to an interesting thing I noticed (well, I think it's interesting, anyway) in Legacy.

Sam, Janet, and Jack are in the quarantine area when the little Goa'uld killing slimies get free. Sam's okay, and hers eventually leave her because of her protein marker from Jolinar. However, Jack and Janet both quickly become super paranoid with strong delusions. (What Daniel experienced times three.)

Okay, this is where the interesting part comes in. Sam and Janet are friends, proofed by their being on a first name basis and all the rest of the history. Yet when Janet looks at Sam, and sees her eyes glowing, her first reaction is, "Go away! You're a Goa'uld." Fine, she's delusional - you can't blame her for that.

But Jack is experiencing the same delusions, also sees Sam's eyes glow, and not for a *second* does he entertain the idea that she's a Goa'uld. His only reaction is, "you're not seeing any of this?"

Just a shippy tidbit I'd missed, showing you just how much he trusts her. Am I going over the line thinking that this is shippy? <g>

majorsal
July 17th, 2005, 07:11 PM
Good point Sally.I think for Mitchell to have a chance there cannot be any Sam and Mitchell Ship.I will put up with alot in Season 9 but I will be gone so fast if there is any hint of Sam/Mitchell Ship.I understand there cannot be alot of Sam and Jack Ship but I do not want to see Sam Ship with anyone besides Jack.I think BB AT and TBTP are well aware of that fact.

don't worry, ses, the poss of a sam/mitchell ship is not even a blip on my worries radar! ;)

majorsal
July 17th, 2005, 07:18 PM

I'm just sayin'...

great point, Über! :D

:p

just what little juicy things are coming our way? now, i'm not going to set myself up with unfulfillable dreams, just that... you never know. ;) ;) ;)

LOL4JACK
July 17th, 2005, 07:19 PM
don't worry, ses, the poss of a sam/mitchell ship is not even a blip on my worries radar! ;)

Same here :D not even remotely concerned even Ben Browder has talked about the ship between his character and the new doctor in town :p

ses110
July 17th, 2005, 07:29 PM
Thanks Sally.I'am not worried either.I just hope it's not always going to be buddy buddy between Sam and Cam and Cam and the rest of SG-1.I hope Daniel gives Cam a hard time just like Daniel did to Jack.It will be pretty boring if the new Team is always getting along.

Rogue
July 17th, 2005, 08:16 PM
Token it's strange to say this but in a way it was nice to watch a episode without having to wonder or worry about the Ship.It was getting tiring to hear some people blame everything on the Ship.The Sam and Jack Ship cannot be blamed if Season 9 does not work.I liked Mitchell and I think his character will be fine as long as he does not try to Joke too much.I do think he came across a little whiney about Sam Daniel and Teal'c rejoining SG-1.I cannot blame Mitchell for trying but Sam Daniel and Teal'c put in there Time and should be allowed to move on.IMO Vala is one of the worst characters in SG-1 history.I almost changed the channel.I think the Show will suffer until Sam returns.It's going to be hard enough without Jack for this Show to be good without having no Sam either.In regards to the Ship I hope the Ship will live on with some Phone calls and Sam mentioning Jack's name and maybe we will have Jack appear in the Season finale.I know with my luck I would stop watching the Show and that's when Jack will return and I will be lost.If Jack does not appear in the Season finale and if there is a Season 10 and there's no early confirmation of Jack appearing in any Season 10 epsiodes I doubt I will will give Season 10 a chance.

Yeah Ses, I found Vala very annoying. I would have enjoyed seeing Daniel putting duct tape over her mouth. The only problem with the duct tape is that I think Vala would have enjoyed it too.

The thing I didn't like about Mitchell is the way he was introduced. Walter and the other technician acted like he was a legend. And it seemed that SG-1 couldn't stop saying how much they owed him. I guess TPTB were trying to prove to us he is worthy of leading SG-1. It just seemed overboard to me.

ses110
July 17th, 2005, 08:35 PM
Rogue Great point about Mitchell.I like Mitchell but I was expecting Walter and SG-1 to bow in front of Mitchell.It looks like Mitchell played a big part in Lost City but Mitchell was doing his Job as a Fighter Pilot.I do not see why Mitchell gets to be handed SG-1 over everyone else.I liked how Jonas had to prove himself to Sg-1.I was hoping to see something similar.

majorsal
July 17th, 2005, 08:48 PM
Thanks, Billie!

Actually, this picture you've posted has perfect timing, since I was watching the DVD it's from just today. Which brings me to an interesting thing I noticed (well, I think it's interesting, anyway) in Legacy.

Sam, Janet, and Jack are in the quarantine area when the little Goa'uld killing slimies get free. Sam's okay, and hers eventually leave her because of her protein marker from Jolinar. However, Jack and Janet both quickly become super paranoid with strong delusions. (What Daniel experienced times three.)

Okay, this is where the interesting part comes in. Sam and Janet are friends, proofed by their being on a first name basis and all the rest of the history. Yet when Janet looks at Sam, and sees her eyes glowing, her first reaction is, "Go away! You're a Goa'uld." Fine, she's delusional - you can't blame her for that.

But Jack is experiencing the same delusions, also sees Sam's eyes glow, and not for a *second* does he entertain the idea that she's a Goa'uld. His only reaction is, "you're not seeing any of this?"

Just a shippy tidbit I'd missed, showing you just how much he trusts her. Am I going over the line thinking that this is shippy? <g>

wonderful! i never thought of it like that, mary.

yes, that's SHIPPY! :D

Token
July 17th, 2005, 08:53 PM
The only thing that in a small, tiny way worries me about Cam/Sam shipping is that although alot of S/J ship was scripted, alot was also just the chemistry between RDA and Amanda. Amanda seems like such a sweetheart, but here's hoping that Ben and Amanda don't have the same friendship. :o

However, I'm going to stay optimistic! I think Amanda has had enough of Sam's love life. At least until RDA can make an appearance. ;)

nell
July 17th, 2005, 09:02 PM
The only thing that in a small, tiny way worries me about Cam/Sam shipping is that although alot of S/J ship was scripted, alot was also just the chemistry between RDA and Amanda. Amanda seems like such a sweetheart, but here's hoping that Ben and Amanda don't have the same friendship. :o

However, I'm going to stay optimistic! I think Amanda has had enough of Sam's love life. At least until RDA can make an appearance. ;)

I absolutely believe that Sam and the new guy, Mitchell, are strictly friends and will remain friends. I believe that Sam and Jack have some sort of understanding and eventually it will be revealed to us. Don't give up the Ship!!! :p ;)

Token
July 17th, 2005, 09:09 PM
Rogue Great point about Mitchell.I like Mitchell but I was expecting Walter and SG-1 to bow in front of Mitchell.It looks like Mitchell played a big part in Lost City but Mitchell was doing his Job as a Fighter Pilot.I do not see why Mitchell gets to be handed SG-1 over everyone else.I liked how Jonas had to prove himself to Sg-1.I was hoping to see something similar.

I agree with both you and Rogue. S9 Avalon Nothing I saw in the flashbacks seem extraordinary to earn Mitchell either the Medal of Honor or the "legend" status that was given him. Hopefully, more will be revealed. At least I hope so.

LadyJeep
July 17th, 2005, 10:06 PM
A SHIPPY OPENER FINALE!!! 10 of 10 Dear Shipper Friends, You may have noticed that I'm including as many episode and character cliches as possible. I also "borrowed" shamelessly from remembered ideas from favorite fanfics. Thanks for your kind words and encouragement to continue the Ship!!! **Takes bow**

Now I present to you what we have all been wishing for............THE SHIP IS IN!!!

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y209/cilljill/1x0120-200242.jpg
Sargeant Walter Harriman: Unscheduled off world activation. It....it's the Tok'ra.
IT'S DAD!!! ** uh, oh**
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y209/cilljill/3x0220-200018.jpg
Jacob: Hi kiddos! Just a quick visit to see my little girl.

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y209/cilljill/Fifth41.jpg
Daniel: Ahh....Jacob. Hi.
Jacob: Daniel, where's Sam?
Daniel: She...she's not here.
Jacob: I can see that! Mission?
Daniel: Um....don't know.
Jacob: All right, where's O'Neill? He can fill me in.
Daniel: Um, you see, Jacob. About that...Jack's retired. He's.... not.... here.

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y209/cilljill/3x0220-200018.jpg
Jacob: WHAT???? You're telling me that you don't know where Sam is AND Jack's retired?
Later at Jack's House........
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y209/cilljill/8x1820-200073.jpg

KNOCK**KNOCK**KNOCK**BANG**BANG**KNOCK**KNOCK**KNOCK
Jacob: O'Neill. Open. This. Door, Mister! Where's my daughter? Sam, it's Dad.
Selmak: Jacob, do not act the fool. I have been telling you for years that Jack and Sam are soulmates. They have finally found their way into each other's hearts.
Jacob: Selmak, shut up! This is my daughter we're talking about.
Selmak: Sam is an intelligent and passionate woman. O'Neill is worthy of her. Remember, my friend, I can read your thoughts. You know this is true.
Jacob: Ahhh, I know it. I...but....well, I have a reputation to uphold. I can't very well let Jack know that I approve that easily. I want him to have a very healthy dose of fear that I will injure him severely if he hurts my little girl!
Selmak: Sam's not a girl and Jack could break you in two. Friend, you, how do you Tauri say it, blow alot of hot air!
Jacob: Yeah, you're right! Hey, Selmak, looks like nobody's home but I found Jack's spare house key. How's about we go inside and share an ice cold beer?
Meanwhile, far, far away...........

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y209/cilljill/875855.jpg
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y209/cilljill/59091163.jpg
Our couple are out of our view.....

Sam: So.
Jack: So.
Sam: I can't believe we did it. We're alone and nobody knows where we are!
Jack: Even Daniel can't interrupt us. Nice!
Sam: Jack, I love you.
Jack: Sam, I never gave up on us. I'm not good with words but I'm good with you.
Sam: Mmmmmmmmmm......
Jack: Mrs. O'Neill?
Sam: Yes, Mr. O'Neill?
Jack: I love you, too. C'mere. I've got something for you.....

A BIG HONKIN' KISS!!!!!!!
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y209/cilljill/7x13_84.jpg

THE END
nell,
I'm still trying to catch up on the thread, but I had to stop and tell you how wonderful these season openers are. Of course, I especially loved this last. What a gift you have. Thanks for sharing with us. ;)

majorsal
July 17th, 2005, 10:22 PM
I absolutely believe that Sam and the new guy, Mitchell, are strictly friends and will remain friends. I believe that Sam and Jack have some sort of understanding and eventually it will be revealed to us. Don't give up the Ship!!! :p ;)

i agree! (on everything)

Uber
July 17th, 2005, 11:56 PM
Okay...here's another ComicCon clip...courtesy of Tsax and yours truly...

Here Amanda is asked about the Sam/Jack relationship for Season 9:

http://www.powerpromoz.com/stargate/samcarter/at_samjack.mpg

majorsal
July 18th, 2005, 12:48 AM

k, i LOVE what she says! (insert mucho squeeing), but i need some help on some of it. here's what i've got, if anyone else can fill in the blanks.

~~~

fan- "bla bla bla, and we're wondering what's going on with sam and jack now?"

amanda- "we talk on the phone. you know it's actually very cleverly ambiguous. which robert came up with this great way of this sort of are they together, are they not, what's going on and we'll (leave it up to?) you're imaginations for the time being. and then we'll see what happens. (amanda smiles/smirks) "how's that for an ?"

k, help!

but i LOVED amanda saying "FOR THE TIME BEING"

*does super squee dance*

Uber
July 18th, 2005, 01:01 AM
Transcript from ComicCon...Amanda answers question about Sam and Jack:

Questioner: And a lot of us loved Threads and Moebius; but we're wondering what's going on with Sam and Jack now.

(audience cheers)

Amanda: We talk on the phone. (audience laughs) You know it's actually uh very cleverly ambiguous...which um...Robert came up with this great way of sort of "Are they together/are they not/what's going on"...and we'll just leave it up to your imaginations for the time being. (audiences awwwws) And then we'll see what happens. (Amanda, who's been smiling the entire time, teases the audience with a different kind of smile) How's that for non-commital?

(audience laughs)

Questioner: Okay...thank you.

Download the clip here: http://www.powerpromoz.com/stargate/samcarter/at_samjack.mpg

majorsal
July 18th, 2005, 01:13 AM

Questioner: And a lot of us loved Threads and Moebius; but we're wondering what's going on with Sam and Jack now.

(audience cheers)

Amanda: We talk on the phone. (audience laughs) You know it's actually uh very cleverly ambiguous...which um...Robert came up with this great way of sort of "Are they together/are they not/what's going on"...and we'll just leave it up to your imaginations for the time being. (audiences awwwws) And then we'll see what happens. (Amanda, who's been smiling the entire time, teases the audience with a different kind of smile) How's that for non-commital?

(audience laughs)

Download the clip here: http://www.powerpromoz.com/stargate/samcarter/at_samjack.mpg

THANK YOU! :D

hey, i was pretty close there. i could *not* figure out that last part she said, which ended up being 'non-commital'.

SUPER thanks again!

*goes off doing super squee dance and recharging her jack clone*

sally :D :D

misstweedledee
July 18th, 2005, 02:20 AM

Hey *waves*

Well good morning all my shippers and i can definatly say that after watching this clip i do indeed think it is a good day :D

In regards to the clip i would just like to say
season nine speculation

They are *SO* together

Which means its time for my happy dance

*checks no ones around 'must avoid embarresment' comences happy dance*
" Woo Hoo"

O.K now i can go to work and have a happy ship filled day :D

wynter
July 18th, 2005, 03:56 AM
My god it had taken mr forever to catch up on posts.

Wow good and bad things said about season 9 but i'm suprised how a lot of people have embraced the new characters maybe this is not a bad thing!
I won't be able to watch sg1 till it comes here in september i think,so i am grateful foe spoilers and any other information.

nice to have At in the episode,and jack,BB sounds like he's puliing it together1I don't want Vala to think she can outshine Sam cause she won't be able to.Maybe we will get the vibe of season 1 in all action scenes,then at the end of season 9 we have a little of our ship,i can deal with that easily.

That little caption of AT at the con very interesting i must say gives us shippers some hope but CJ didn't look to happy sat by AT and poor Amanda looked a bit uncomfortable talking about it at 1st.
By the way dosen't Amanda look beaming motherhood sure does suit her.

wynterxx

Catysg1
July 18th, 2005, 04:20 AM

May be not Sally but I still think TPTB is gonna kind of annoy the shippers a little with the Sam/Cameron interactions .

I don't think there should be a Sam/cameron ship as romance being opened because let's face it he is military too and this is I think why so many fans were against the Sam and Jack ship at the first place .

As long as everybody is I think prepared to not hear any Sam/Jack ship for a long time and concentrate on the action only and the new characters , then we may enjoy the show .

I'm a little annoyed to hear about the Vala Character and how come Daniel seems to have an overt ship and not a subtle one like the Sam and Jack one ..

....I know he is not military but In other non military shows , even the obvious ship is sublte and there is no sex reference at all until the show is well established with the characters ...so I don't know why TPTB is doing that so early with Daniel/Vala ship ..won't it it become boring as we already know she is a sex maniac?!!! ...

...I really do not want to see something a la BattleStar galactica thrown in there because I really hate that doctor and his fantasies ...it ruins the show for me ..he is a pervert ...I hope Vala won't be such a character ...I would prefer to see her as a intelligent woman who has other interests than sex in her life ....

....I also hope that Daniel will return to the archeologist Daniel of the early seasons ..it suits him much better ...I hope MS will put a bit more effort to speak clearly because I did find out that he speaks too fast even in season 8 ..may be it's from boredom and he may be blase ( it looks like it )...but it's important to speak reasonably slowly for the audience to link with the character ..otherwise ...they'll switch off each time that character is on screen ..no matter what .

Caty:)

Billie
July 18th, 2005, 04:29 AM

I'm just sayin'...

You are SO right Uber! It was a total surprise to hear that Sam made an appearance in Avalon and what a squeeeeeee worthy surprise it was! :p
It has definitely put a shippy smile on my face along with ATs answer to the question asked at the ComicCon
"Are they together/are they not/what's going on"...and we'll just leave it up to your imaginations for the time being. (audiences awwwws) And then we'll see what happens"

Oh they are SO TOGETHER!!!! :D :D

Thanks for the shippy treats Uber!! :p

Billie
July 18th, 2005, 04:58 AM
Oh my, I leave for a few hours to put my head down and I come back to find more of our shipper family notching up some seriously impressive posting tots! Can't keep up with you guys! :D

So seeing as it would be unthinkable to pass them by and because I'm a bit strapped for time today I hope you all won't mind if, following the necessary tweeking, I repost the pic story..... I'll try to be original next time I promise!!

So majorsal, UberSG-1Fan and Buc252...this one's for you! :)

majorsal 3800, UberSG-1Fan 1600 and Buc252 450

Sam_o_Neill
July 18th, 2005, 05:09 AM

Thanks for sharing that Bev! :D:D now we know TPTB are being purposly vague about the ship, I firmly believe the (Avalon Motorcycle comment in Avalon was put in there for us shippers!!! :D:D:
and I guess phone calls are better than nothing! At least we get some Sam/Jack interaction :P I wonder what they talk about.....

Rogue
July 18th, 2005, 05:18 AM
May be not Sally but I still think TPTB is gonna kind of annoy the shippers a little with the Sam/Cameron interactions .

I don't think there should be a Sam/cameron ship as romance being opened because let's face it he is military too and this is I think why so many fans were against the Sam and Jack ship at the first place .

As long as everybody is I think prepared to not hear any Sam/Jack ship for a long time and concentrate on the action only and the new characters , then we may enjoy the show .

I'm a little annoyed to hear about the Vala Character and how come Daniel seems to have an overt ship and not a subtle one like the Sam and Jack one ..

....I know he is not military but In other non military shows , even the obvious ship is sublte and there is no sex reference at all until the show is well established with the characters ...so I don't know why TPTB is doing that so early with Daniel/Vala ship ..won't it it become boring as we already know she is a sex maniac?!!! ...

...I really do not want to see something a la BattleStar galactica thrown in there because I really hate that doctor and his fantasies ...it ruins the show for me ..he is a pervert ...I hope Vala won't be such a character ...I would prefer to see her as a intelligent woman who has other interests than sex in her life ....

....I also hope that Daniel will return to the archeologist Daniel of the early seasons ..it suits him much better ...I hope MS will put a bit more effort to speak clearly because I did find out that he speaks too fast even in season 8 ..may be it's from boredom and he may be blase ( it looks like it )...but it's important to speak reasonably slowly for the audience to link with the character ..otherwise ...they'll switch off each time that character is on screen ..no matter what .

I don't see any natural chemistry between Daniel and Vala. It all seems forced and scripted.

Sam_o_Neill
July 18th, 2005, 05:25 AM
Thanks, Billie!

That could definately be seen as shippy! :) IMO anyway :P I really need to re-watch the old SG eps because now I would probably see a lot more ship than when I origionally watched them. Its everywhere! :P

Thanks for pointing that one out :)

Rogue
July 18th, 2005, 05:26 AM

IMO, I don't see any natural chemistry between Daniel and Vala. It all seems forced and scripted.

I wished MS would slow his talking down too. What he has to say is usually very important to the mission. A woman at the Dallas Con asked him why he was speaking so fast on the show. After he got over being insulted and denying he spoke fast, he said he had alot to say in a short period of time. IMO, it is poor directing. If MS feels rushed to say his lines, then director needs to slow him down.

Oma-1
July 18th, 2005, 05:34 AM
Seems I won't be letting my son watch the first few eps if Vala is as OTT as everyone says :rolleyes: He'll be one very :( lad.

MB - thanks for the links. :) & Myrth for the caps.

I was a bit disappointed when I saw the pics of Jack in Cam's hospital room - I'd really been hoping for a explanation of where Jack was going and why - that pensive look we had on the spoiler photo seemed to be him making a decision and I wanted to know what it was! Oh well, when it comes to spoilers they can be a double edged sword. (didn't realise that was a very bad metaphor until I'd typed it - sorry :p )

Sam_o_Neill
July 18th, 2005, 05:35 AM
Hey *waves*

Well good morning all my shippers and i can definatly say that after watching this clip i do indeed think it is a good day :D

In regards to the clip i would just like to say
season nine speculation

They are *SO* together

Which means its time for my happy dance

*checks no ones around 'must avoid embarresment' comences happy dance*
" Woo Hoo"

O.K now i can go to work and have a happy ship filled day :D

lol :D I agree! There is no doubt about it!! :):):) and I liked how she said 'FOR THE TIME BEING....' meaning later we might get something! :P:P:P I can't wait for the rest of Season 9 now!! :D:D:D:D
*Squee!*

Oma-1
July 18th, 2005, 05:52 AM

My sentiments exactly Caty. I was really enjoying BSG (especially Starbuck being a kick-a$$ woman :D ) but had to stop watching cos I couldn't stand the doctor and his fantasies either. I thought it was just disgusting.

I really hope the Vala character doesn't ruin the first few eps of S9 for me. I know they have to make her character obvious because she's only around for a short time - but obvious doesn't have to mean crude.

Part of the reason I so love the Sam & Jack ship is that it is so subtle. Sometimes you really have to search for the shippiness and when you find it its a real high :p Even the full-on shippy stuff has been great family viewing :p

Its a real shame that tptb haven't treated other ships with the same respect.

Oma-1
July 18th, 2005, 05:55 AM
lol :D I agree! There is no doubt about it!! :):):) and I liked how she said 'FOR THE TIME BEING....' meaning later we might get something! :P:P:P I can't wait for the rest of Season 9 now!! :D:D:D:D
*Squee!*
Yep - lots of hope for the future! And I'm really looking forward to the phone calls. If they're anything like the omelette call in CJoe I'll be a very happy shipper :D

scjon
July 18th, 2005, 06:04 AM
I don't see any natural chemistry between Daniel and Vala. It all seems forced and scripted.

I'm glad you said that, Rogue, 'cause I couldn't either. Mind you, I've only seen Prometheus Unbound. Won't see Avalon for a good while yet.

ann_sgcfan
July 18th, 2005, 06:17 AM
That little caption of AT at the con very interesting i must say gives us shippers some hope but CJ didn't look to happy sat by AT and poor Amanda looked a bit uncomfortable talking about it at 1st.
By the way dosen't Amanda look beaming motherhood sure does suit her.

wynterxx

I thought the same thing when I saw the clip last night. Thinking about it this morning RC was sitting on the panel as well, so I'm sure he gave them a list of things not to talk about or to reveal look at "Avalon" I had not heard any spoilers about AT being in the Epiosde. Very happy they added them in and were able to include Sam in the premier. That may have been why she looked down at the end of the table that RC was sitting at before she really answered the question.

As far as CJ not being happy! Look at the "Sam's a Great Character" thread there is another clip with just CJ and AT, and CJ is clowning around. Great clips by Uber and Tsaxlady!!!!!

Billie
July 18th, 2005, 06:24 AM
Yep - lots of hope for the future! And I'm really looking forward to the phone calls. If they're anything like the omelette call in CJoe I'll be a very happy shipper :D

Oma, help! - need you to remind me about the omelette call in CJoe did I really miss a shippy moment I ask myself or is my memory just befuddled!! Am hoping it's the latter as I'm sure not getting any younger and missing a shippy moment would just be shocking!! :rolleyes:

LOL4JACK
July 18th, 2005, 06:24 AM
Seems I won't be letting my son watch the first few eps if Vala is as OTT as everyone says :rolleyes: He'll be one very :( lad.

MB - thanks for the links. :) & Myrth for the caps.

I was a bit disappointed when I saw the pics of Jack in Cam's hospital room - I'd really been hoping for a explanation of where Jack was going and why - that pensive look we had on the spoiler photo seemed to be him making a decision and I wanted to know what it was! Oh well, when it comes to spoilers they can be a double edged sword. (didn't realise that was a very bad metaphor until I'd typed it - sorry :p )
(((((((((OMA)))))))))), nice to see you back... haven't seen you in a while :p

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y219/cmb1009/jacks9.bmp, this caption seemed to show Jack thinking, you know about life, washington, SAM!!!!, but it actually didn't happen, the scene played out very different it was Jack telling Cam that he could do anything he wanted, anything in the world... with even a Jack joke at the end

We still have to wait for Jack in Origin's and definitely hope to get an explanation.

trupi
July 18th, 2005, 06:30 AM

I agree with you Caty. I hope Stargate doesn't go in the direction of Battlestar! If they have to use sex to get an audience to watch a show there is a big problem. I don't watch Battlestar because of nimpbot and the doctor sick sex scenes. I grew up with the original and I think this is a completely different show. The original was innocent, ment for family viewing. The new version is only direct at a male audience and not my cup of tea. I hope SCIFI channel doesn't decide to go that direction with SG-1. Some of my best memories were of my kids and me watching SG-1, laughing and crying together over episodes. At the NJ convention, DD,CJ,MS kept making remarks how many kids were in the audience. They said, on the west coast there are not many kids attend the conventions, so they had to clean up their dialog when they answered auduence questions. There is a difference between ship and outright lets just have sex because we can! Sends a bad message to the youngsters! PS, MS slow down- please! :rolleyes:

wynter
July 18th, 2005, 06:47 AM
I haven't seen the new episode but all this ship between daniel and vala looks like its going full steam ahead.

Thinking about it though,i have loved the last 8 years (i know its a long time) watching for any hint of sam and jacks love for each other and boy how i love the little looks jack gives sam nad vice versa.
These 2 have bonded as work mates then friends then they have the most powerful love between them as they both know every detail in each others life(kerry dosen't count ok).
I have loved the way they have built it up from their 1st meeting till the end of mobieus,i'd rather this than them jumping all over each other from the beginning.
As i have just said that,now i want to SEE them jumping all over each other,a few phone calls then round it up at the end of season 9.

Daniel and vala can have the one night stands but what jack and sam have is real and boy i would give any-thing to have that relationship in a heartbeat.

wynterxx

Oma-1
July 18th, 2005, 06:49 AM
Oma, help! - need you to remind me about the omelette call in CJoe did I really miss a shippy moment I ask myself or is my memory just befuddled!! Am hoping it's the latter as I'm sure not getting any younger and missing a shippy moment would just be shocking!! :rolleyes:
Here's the transcript from CJ :D

JACK'S HOUSE. Jack comes in with a couple of bags of shopping in one hand and his cellphone in the other. He's talking to Sam on the phone.
CARTER (over phone): How about Monday morning?
O'NEILL: No, I have a thing with someone from CIA, a Johnson someone or other. It's about that whole Kinsey thing.
CARTER: So, any big plans for the weekend?
O'NEILL (walking into the kitchen and putting the bags down): Oh yeah. Big. *Huge*!
(We see that Sam is at SGC, using one of the phones in a corridor.)
CARTER: Yeah, me neither.
O'NEILL: What are you talkin' about? I just walked in with a whole handful of ingredients for my world-famous omelette.
CARTER: World-famous, huh? What's in it?
O'NEILL (taking some bottles of beer out of one of the shopping bags): Eggs.
CARTER: I don't think that that actually qualifies as a recipe.
O'NEILL: Oh, don't kid yourself. There's a secret ingredient. I can't tell you what it is or I'd have to shoot you.
CARTER (who has heard Jack putting the beer bottles onto the kitchen table): It's beer, isn't it?
O'NEILL: Carter ...
(At that moment, a middle-aged man bursts through the kitchen door, pointing a pistol at Jack.)
O'NEILL: ... let me call you back.
CARTER: I knew it!

Can't say I'll be trying Jack's recipe though :p

Billie
July 18th, 2005, 07:15 AM

JACK'S HOUSE. Jack comes in with a couple of bags of shopping in one hand and his cellphone in the other. He's talking to Sam on the phone.
O'NEILL: No, I have a thing with someone from CIA, a Johnson someone or other. It's about that whole Kinsey thing.
O'NEILL (walking into the kitchen and putting the bags down): Oh yeah. Big. *Huge*!
O'NEILL: What are you talkin' about? I just walked in with a whole handful of ingredients for my world-famous omelette.
O'NEILL: Oh, don't kid yourself. There's a secret ingredient. I can't tell you what it is or I'd have to shoot you.
CARTER (who has heard Jack putting the beer bottles onto the kitchen table): It's beer, isn't it?
(At that moment, a middle-aged man bursts through the kitchen door, pointing a pistol at Jack.)

Thanks Oma!! :D Will have to make sure I catch the re-run when it shows on sky1 :)
Sounds like a very shippy phone call to me! Like you said, lets hope we get some phone calls like that in S9 squeeeeeeee!! :p :p

trupi
July 18th, 2005, 07:16 AM
I haven't seen the new episode but all this ship between daniel and vala looks like its going full steam ahead.

Thinking about it though,i have loved the last 8 years (i know its a long time) watching for any hint of sam and jacks love for each other and boy how i love the little looks jack gives sam nad vice versa.
These 2 have bonded as work mates then friends then they have the most powerful love between them as they both know every detail in each others life(kerry dosen't count ok).
I have loved the way they have built it up from their 1st meeting till the end of mobieus,i'd rather this than them jumping all over each other from the beginning.
As i have just said that,now i want to SEE them jumping all over each other,a few phone calls then round it up at the end of season 9.

Daniel and vala can have the one night stands but what jack and sam have is real and boy i would give any-thing to have that relationship in a heartbeat.

wynterxx
The relationship between Sam and Jack is a beautiful and strong! It is based on loyality, friendship,protectiveness, trust-----everything that most people want out of a relationship. But in the entertainment business it doesn't sell. People want to see frustated housewives and bimbates in NYC,having sex with every guy and thing. They want violence and blood. That sells. The more I think about it, I think since SCIFI was taken over by NBC, that the guys in Vancouver's had to change the direction SG-1 was going. I bet another main reason for RDA leaving. Everyone else is going along with it, to keep being written off the show. Lets face it they don't have the background like RDA and just can't walk away without damage control. I think JM wants the ship but was told to get rid of it, that they need Sam flirting with everyone and doing the dirty dance. NO big TV network wants sweet (not even on kids TV) they want dirt. I think it is up to us, to keep the press on SCIFI and NBC to keep the show (which has been doing just fine with rating),alone. Go create porn somewhere else and leave our show alone! They have Battlestar Galantica for that!

blueiris
July 18th, 2005, 07:18 AM
Hello shippers. Overall, I have to say I enjoyed Avalon. It is not SG-1, and that elusive name change would be very appropriate.

Teal'c seemed different, not the same. Can't explain it. Teal'c laughing! Well, smirking, maybe.

Daniel seemed more like the old archeologist Daniel and I liked that. But I kept expecting him to put on some goggles and pull out a corpse.:eek: He looked like Grissom from CSI.

Sam, well blink and you missed her, but I guess that was unavoidable for now.

Landry (Beau Bridges) I liked. Loved the whole desk/key/Jack thing.

Cameron Mitchell I liked, too. I was surprised. Some have said he was dull, but I didn't think so. I felt that new guy/Jonas enthusiasm from him. I felt his pain at SG-1 not being there.
I didn't have any problem witht the Cameron/Sam moments. Just 2 acquaintances talking. There was none of that magic feeling that you got when Sam and Jack first met. She could just as easily have been talking to Hammond.

Jack. *sigh* He was the high point. Seeing him or just hearing them talk about him. There is a great, gapping hole in SG-1 that no new characters or adventures can fill. Jack was and is SG-1.

*I left Vala out, because I wish she had been left out. Tone her down, forcryingoutloud. She could probably be comic relief if she wasn't so .......brazen (that's the only word that comes to mind).

Rogue
July 18th, 2005, 07:46 AM
The relationship between Sam and Jack is a beautiful and strong! It is based on loyality, friendship,protectiveness, trust-----everything that most people want out of a relationship. But in the entertainment business it doesn't sell. People want to see frustated housewives and bimbates in NYC,having sex with every guy and thing. They want violence and blood. That sells. The more I think about it, I think since SCIFI was taken over by NBC, that the guys in Vancouver's had to change the direction SG-1 was going. I bet another main reason for RDA leaving. Everyone else is going along with it, to keep being written off the show. Lets face it they don't have the background like RDA and just can't walk away without damage control. I think JM wants the ship but was told to get rid of it, that they need Sam flirting with everyone and doing the dirty dance. NO big TV network wants sweet (not even on kids TV) they want dirt. I think it is up to us, to keep the press on SCIFI and NBC to keep the show (which has been doing just fine with rating),alone. Go create porn somewhere else and leave our show alone! They have Battlestar Galantica for that!

Stargate was a breath of fresh air because it didn't rely on sex to sell the show. I felt comfortable watching it with my kids knowing I wasn't going to have to worry about exposing my kids to something I didn't want them to see. Vala bothers me, I don't mind her playing a tough woman who is only concerned about profit, but they need to tone her down on the sex remarks and her outfits.

As far as Battlestar, I could do without the doctor and his blonde friend.

Daniel's_twin
July 18th, 2005, 10:19 AM
Stargate was a breath of fresh air because it didn't rely on sex to sell the show. I felt comfortable watching it with my kids knowing I wasn't going to have to worry about exposing my kids to something I didn't want them to see. Vala bothers me, I don't mind her playing a tough woman who is only concerned about profit, but they need to tone her down on the sex remarks and her outfits.

Agree with Vala. Some of the jokes ("Let's make babies!") were very funny, but she could definitely use a little bit more to that jacket of hers among other things.

As for Galactica, I don't even bother watching it. :cool:

pittsburghgirl
July 18th, 2005, 10:40 AM
Agree with Vala. Some of the jokes ("Let's make babies!") were very funny, but she could definitely use a little bit more to that jacket of hers among other things.

As for Galactica, I don't even bother watching it. :cool:
their-timing-needs-alittle-work-though-some-of-the-delivery-was-a-little-off-there.-but-some-of-the-stuff-was-reallly-funny.l

sugarshaker
July 18th, 2005, 10:47 AM
Hi Guys!

I'm just be-bopping on here at work real fast and can only spend 2 min. today on Gateworld. :( :( :( I haven't been able to read any posts since Avalon aired and probably won't be able to for a couple of days, so I don't know what everyone thought.

I got the impression that Sam and Jack are together!! :D He's selling HIS house, HIS car, MOTORCYCLE (note it's not HIS motorcycle because he didn't have one). There's only one motorcycle we know about and that's Sam's, and why would he be selling Sam's motorcycle unless they're a couple! And he's selling his house (:( I love his little house), because they only need 1 house now. :D

And Sam's been away for a while and just a month ago started at Area 51. My take on it is that she's been spending that time working things out with Jack. Anyway, that's my story and I'm sticking to it. :D

Billie
July 18th, 2005, 11:08 AM

wynterxx

Ditto to all the above wynter!! :D I too have been captivated by the way jack and sams friendship/relationship has unfolded over the last 8 years. IMHO they are true soul mates and their hearts belong to eachother and no-one else (as they both found out) :)

I am gonna continue to think the best of TPTB and trust that they will at some point 'do the right thing' and stay true to Sam & Jack and to us shippers. :D

Rogue
July 18th, 2005, 11:08 AM
their-timing-needs-alittle-work-though-some-of-the-delivery-was-a-little-off-there.-but-some-of-the-stuff-was-reallly-funny.l

The only part that made me chuckle was when Vala asked how much the holy grail was worth, everyone looked at her and she said "What".

misstweedledee
July 18th, 2005, 12:07 PM
The only part that made me chuckle was when Vala asked how much the holy grail was worth, everyone looked at her and she said "What".

Hey *Waves*

Yer i found that funny as well, i just finished re-reading the Da Vinchi code so it gave me an extra little chuckle.

Quick Question, do we actuall know how much more of the lovely RDA we will be seeing, or when he disapears??

in a GREAT mood, so sending out some shipper lurve

((((((((((Shipper Family))))))))))

lonely_star
July 18th, 2005, 12:23 PM
hey shipper family
I'm just stopping by to thank you all guys for the spoilers and your impressions about the episode!! :) I'll have to wait a long long time before watching them and you make my days with all those posts !! I'm looking forward friday night and the next episodes to know more about this motorcycle mystery...sounds good to me ;)

I wish I had time to read and answer all your posts but RL kept me busy, my brother got married that was great but my head still hurts!! lol so I wish a big huge Welcome to all the newbies and a big thanks for all the spoilers, and a big hug for all my family !!!!

((((((((((((((((((shipper family)))))))))))))))))))

Sam_o_Neill
July 18th, 2005, 12:37 PM
Has anyone thought to ask Joe about the motorcycle mystery??
He might be able to shed some light on the subject :P:)

gatebee
July 18th, 2005, 12:40 PM
*whew* I finally finished catching up! :D

My comments about Avalon I

S/J Ship -> Tidbits! Sam's "reasons". Jack and the motorcycle!! The motorcycle was a definite nod to the shippers! Even if it was a RDA adlib, I think RDA sent the word to shippers kinda like the "Pete is no threat to O'Neill".:D S/J ship has always been pretty much subtle. As much as I would like some real obvious ship, I like subtle too. At long as TPTB don't drop the ship like it never happened.
Anyway, one down and looking forward to the next one! :D
S9 AvalonRDA adlib the thing about "motorcyle"? It was not scripted by TPTB. Wow if that is true, our ship is safe. Because AT also speaks positive of the ship

trupi
July 18th, 2005, 12:45 PM
Hey *Waves*

Yer i found that funny as well, i just finished re-reading the Da Vinchi code so it gave me an extra little chuckle.

Quick Question, do we actuall know how much more of the lovely RDA we will be seeing, or when he disapears??

in a GREAT mood, so sending out some shipper lurve

((((((((((Shipper Family))))))))))

RDA is leaving after 3rd episode. We should write our own Da Vinci codes for shippers to look out in S9! :p :p :p :p

Sam_o_Neill
July 18th, 2005, 12:48 PM
<snip> We should write our own Da Vinci codes for shippers to look out in S9! :p :p :p :p

LOL! Great idea :)

galaxy
July 18th, 2005, 01:10 PM

Wow, I'm mentioned in one of Billie's pic stories.
I feel so honored! :D
THANKS BILLIE!!!!!!!
Love your pic stories.
(Sorry...I would give you some green jello, but they don't let me :( )

misstweedledee
July 18th, 2005, 01:21 PM
RDA is leaving after 3rd episode. We should write our own Da Vinci codes for shippers to look out in S9! :p :p :p :p

Hey *Waves*

Exxxxcellent idea, that will definatly give me something to think about tomoro at work when i'm supposed to be working :D

Sam_o_Neill
July 18th, 2005, 01:27 PM
Where is the family? Its really quiet in here today!

misstweedledee
July 18th, 2005, 01:51 PM
Where is the family? Its really quiet in here today!

Hey *waves*

well this newley reunited family member is having printer problems and is about ready to kill it.

gonna give up and go watch some lovely shippy eps while my dad attempts to fix it.......oh dear its not looking good :(

Sam_o_Neill
July 18th, 2005, 02:13 PM
Hey *waves*

well this newley reunited family member is having printer problems and is about ready to kill it.

gonna give up and go watch some lovely shippy eps while my dad attempts to fix it.......oh dear its not looking good :(

I hope you get your printer sorted!! Have fun watching your shippy eps! I was thinking about doing the same thing :)

A question for the family when everyone gets back....
Does anyone know what song Jack was singing at the start of Forsaken (618)? Transcripts say its something like '..tell me you love me..'..just wondering cause he is singing it while he's alone with Sam..v.shippy IMO! :D:D:D Thanks for any help :)

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((Shipper Family))))))))))))))))))))))))0

Catysg1
July 18th, 2005, 02:56 PM
Hi Guys!

I'm just be-bopping on here at work real fast and can only spend 2 min. today on Gateworld. :( :( :( I haven't been able to read any posts since Avalon aired and probably won't be able to for a couple of days, so I don't know what everyone thought.

I got the impression that Sam and Jack are together!! :D He's selling HIS house, HIS car, MOTORCYCLE (note it's not HIS motorcycle because he didn't have one). There's only one motorcycle we know about and that's Sam's, and why would he be selling Sam's motorcycle unless they're a couple! And he's selling his house (:( I love his little house), because they only need 1 house now. :D

And Sam's been away for a while and just a month ago started at Area 51. My take on it is that she's been spending that time working things out with Jack. Anyway, that's my story and I'm sticking to it. :D

This is my take too and I agree 100 % Sam and Jack are together , living together or have lived together from Moebius to Avalon. Now they have separated for work a little but are still together ..They must their House ( ex Jack's house) Sam sold her house straight after the cabin trip and carried on packing what was left to move to jack 's house afterwards ....Shame we won't see anything of that on screen :S :D

galaxy
July 18th, 2005, 02:59 PM
I hope you get your printer sorted!! Have fun watching your shippy eps! I was thinking about doing the same thing :)

Does anyone know what song Jack was singing at the start of Forsaken (618)? Transcripts say its something like '..tell me you love me..'..just wondering cause he is singing it while he's alone with Sam..v.shippy IMO! :D:D:D Thanks for any help :)

Yeah, as far as I remember is that a line of a Monty Python song...and it's not as romantic as you think... :S
But the line is cute though. As long as he doesn't sing the rest of the song, it's shippy. :D

Catysg1
July 18th, 2005, 03:00 PM

I completely agree and please TPTB leave the Sex out of SG1 ..I can't stand the porn aspect in Battlestar galactica ..it ruins the show ..and I want that nutty doctor to go away so that I can enjoy the show ...it would be fine without him and his blond chick :S ..They are special channels for that kind of Sex ..and surely it's not part of a sci-fi show .

dipsofjazz
July 18th, 2005, 03:25 PM
Yeah, as far as I remember is that a line of a Monty Python song...and it's not as romantic as you think... :S
But the line is cute though. As long as he doesn't sing the rest of the song, it's shippy. :D
:D The song is a Mony Python song, and apart from that line it certainly isn't shippy. Here is a link (http://www.songfacts.com/detail.lasso?id=3307) for the words, but please remember that these words are NC17, so you have been warned!

wynter
July 18th, 2005, 03:40 PM
you know i have been thinking about all the episodes esp the shippy ones,but even in some non shippy episodes we have the little smiles the big grins,jack always looks at sam throughout meetings or just to look at her,if a big decision needs to be made he is there all the time.

We know how Sam felt from when he was left with THAT woman on the planet,but i think we knew from the start that these 2 had something very very special and that is more important than watching the melrose place,sex in the city etc.Don't get me wrong i love those programmes,but what i loved with sg1 is the friend relationship between them all.
Jack winding daniel up,Jack getting teal'c to do silly things,jacks witty sense of humour!i mostly love the rapport and love that sam and jack has.
I will miss RDA big time,he was the biggest reason why i started watching sg1 but i love it as a programme any-way.
All i want is sam and jack together even if it's by telephone till we have a big HONKIN kiss at the end,but isn't it nice we have good role models in showing that a relationship is also mostly built on love respect friendship and sacrifices.
TPTB have shown good behaviour in this and i commend them on it but i want closure at least at the end please.

wynterxx

Billie
July 18th, 2005, 03:41 PM

Hey ya. Just played that scene and Jack definitely sounds to be singing '...tell me you love me..'. I don't recognise the song at all but I'm with you on your opinion...Jack, Sam, alone, him singing love lyrics...gotta be shippy! yay!! :) :)

There is also another scene from that episode which IMO is very shippy and its when Sam is fixing the ship and the guy says to her:

'So, do you have anyone special back home on earth?' and Sam replies

'Nothing I'd care to discuss' - Oh yes, uh huh, ship alert!!! :p

How bout a little pic from forsaken, it's one of my favs cause I just love Sams face (jacks just touched her arm btw...hee hee!! :))

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a57/pcbillie/forsaken5.jpg

Seeing as I'm on the topic of shippy quotes how about this one from birthright. It's a classic Sam getting herself in pickle were Jack is concerned LOL!! I'll put it in spoilers as it is a S7 ep.

In the infirmary Sam is with a female jaffa (sorry can't remember her name) who is having tretonin tests

FJ - you are close to Colonel O'Neill
Sam - Yeah, I like to think we have a special relationship
FJ - I hope to someday have a special relationship
Sam - Oh no, no, um its not like that
FJ - like what?
Sam - We aren't you know...we don't...
FJ - I was speaking of the mutual respect you share
Sam - *coughs* I knew that
ROFL everytime!! it's just brilliant! :D

AT does an amazing job in that scene, she plays the discomfort so well!! :p

Ah, it warms the heart to feast on shippy snacks!! :p

ses110
July 18th, 2005, 03:45 PM
Thanks Uber.I think it sounds good.I like when AT said for the Time being.On another note I was wondering what the Shippers though about the Ratings for Avalon.IMO the pressure will be on AT to get things turned around.I said yesterday I think the Show will stuggle without AT.IMO the Vala character cannot get the Job done.

ses110
July 18th, 2005, 04:00 PM
Caty IMO the Sam and Jack Ship was about Class and the Daniel and Vala Ship is not even close to having Class.You make a great point about Daniel.IMO for Season 9 to have a chance Sam and Daniel must be like they were at the Start of SG-1 and Vala needs to be gone IMO.Vala would never work as an every episode character unless there is a massive change to the character.I have to admit it would be Fun to see Vala hit on Jack in front of Sam.I have a feeling Sam would do some hitting of her own.

xkawaiix
July 18th, 2005, 04:01 PM
Well, I think Vala does an okay job, but yeah, I'd like to see AT soon. :D

galaxy
July 18th, 2005, 04:07 PM
Thanks Uber.I think it sounds good.I like when AT said for the Time being.On another note I was wondering what the Shippers though about the Ratings for Avalon.IMO the pressure will be on AT to get things turned around.I said yesterday I think the Show will stuggle without AT.IMO the Vala character cannot get the Job done.

Yep, I agree.
No RDA and no AT....that's tough.
That's why I'm not too suprised about the ratings.
And nobody knew about AT's appearance in Avalon, so...
On the other hand...I thought the Farscape Fans would boost the ratings. :confused: Don't know.
Let's hope they get better when she returns. YAY! :D

ses110
July 18th, 2005, 04:08 PM
Trupi I could not have said it better myself.This is what scares me about not having RDA around.I mentioned a while back there may be pressure to keep Sam available for every Male guest Star.IMO Hollywood continues to show how out of touch they are and Hollywood would do just about anything to make an extra Dime.IMO SG-1 is not about selling Sex.It should be a serious Show but a Show that Young Kids can watch.

ses110
July 18th, 2005, 04:13 PM
It figures we get some possible good News about the Ship and now we may have to worry about the ratings.Shippers can never get a break.I think even when AT does come back I'am not sure the ratings will be as high as when RDA was on the Show.

majorsal
July 18th, 2005, 04:16 PM
Thanks for sharing that Bev! :D:D now we know TPTB are being purposly vague about the ship, I firmly believe the (Avalon Motorcycle comment in Avalon was put in there for us shippers!!! :D:D:
and I guess phone calls are better than nothing! At least we get some Sam/Jack interaction :P I wonder what they talk about.....

spoilers for s9 and ahead

shippers, i can't tell you how happy i am! we *finally* have a *real* plan to work off of here! :D

amanda's quote: "... and we'll just leave it up to your imaginations for the time being. (audiences awwwws) And then we'll see what happens."

i can use my imagination! this is exactly what that 'motorcyle' quip from jack was about in avalon 1. ;)

but what i love the most is 'for the time being' and 'then we'll see what happens'. i KNEW the ship wasn't done (not by a looooong shot), but at least we're getting a clue (big and honkin') of what the ptb have in mind. soooo, we get hints and 'allusions' to s/j in this season, and then we'll see what happens. and i say --

YAAAAAAAAAY!

Billie
July 18th, 2005, 04:16 PM
Goodnight all *waves* Happy shipping. I'm off to bed with a freshly printed ship fic so I'm all set!:p

Until tomorrow! :)

Billie
July 18th, 2005, 04:22 PM

shippers, i can't tell you how happy i am! we *finally* have a *real* plan to work off of here! :D

amanda's quote: "... and we'll just leave it up to your imaginations for the time being. (audiences awwwws) And then we'll see what happens."

i can use my imagination! this is exactly what that 'motorcyle' quip from jack was about in avalon 1. ;)

but what i love the most is 'for the time being' and 'then we'll see what happens'. i KNEW the ship wasn't done (not by a looooong shot), but at least we're getting a clue (big and honkin') of what the ptb have in mind. soooo, we get hints and 'allusions' to s/j in this season, and then we'll see what happens. and i say --

YAAAAAAAAAY!

sally, I'll see your YAAAAAAAAAAY! and raise you YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!!
Ok....I really am going to bed now!! :p

majorsal
July 18th, 2005, 04:31 PM
PS, MS slow down- please! :rolleyes:

really, michael *is* doing speed reciting. :p

spoilers for s9's avalon p1

when they were all in the briefing room, and daniel finished his minute waltz explanation, mitchell jumps up and asks him about sam. daniel says bla bla bla, but it was the bla bla bla that i had to close caption, because i couldn't understand him. and since he spoke so fast, the close captioning went fast. i had to play it over and over! :S

it's funny but frustrating at the same time. :p

sg-1fanintn
July 18th, 2005, 04:31 PM

YAAAAAAAAAY!

Happy, happy, joy, joy!
Seeing the clip really helped!
Thanks, Über!
Thanks, Tsax!

wynter
July 18th, 2005, 04:33 PM
right i'm off to bed to have shippy dreams i hope...........

will drop in tomorrow for a ship nana cookie and a chat,quite happy today with AT's comments so on a happy cloud....

Hey gotta go jack clones tucking me into bed can't keep him waiting (tee hee)

night guys

wynterxx

majorsal
July 18th, 2005, 04:35 PM

wynterxx

daniel and vala aren't a love story. it's a sex romp (even though they haven't had sex yet. :p). but daniel and vala aren't meant to be a love story, just some sparks flying - and in daniel's part - hair pulling/falling out.

trupi
July 18th, 2005, 04:43 PM
It figures we get some possible good News about the Ship and now we may have to worry about the ratings.Shippers can never get a break.I think even when AT does come back I'am not sure the ratings will be as high as when RDA was on the Show.
How bad were the ratings? Where are they posted?

Gatetrixer
July 18th, 2005, 05:04 PM
Thanks Trupi for jogging my memory. :) Actually you made me think of Season 6's Sight Unseen – there was a continuity error – Jack drives up in the dark green Ford F150 pickup truck we’d seen in a couple eps through the years but then he leaves in a big black SUV! (Now maybe someone else drove his pickup back to base & gave him a government issue SUV, but I don't think so!)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v470/ShimmeringStar214/SG1S6/SUjack5.jpg
Enters in truck

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v470/ShimmeringStar214/SG1S6/SUjack14.jpg
Exits in SUV

But to the best of my knowledge... he hasn’t driven a car that we’ve seen and never mentioned a bike.

S8 Moebius...Because the timeline/realities were tampered with 3 times in M1&2 -- Maybe this different timeline's Jack didn't have a truck, but *did* have a bike and a car? :S :rolleyes: :D
But for right now I'll stick to the shippy spin until TPTB *thwap* me upside the head for thinking that way! :p

AND--he changes his shirt. He's wearing a yellowing collared shirt in the first picture and a gray T-shirt in the second.

ses110
July 18th, 2005, 05:14 PM
Gateworld Home page.Ratings were 2.1 down from 2.4 Season 8 premiere.It was a 5% improvement over the mid Season premiere in January.I though more People would be curious and watch the first episode.Cast and Crew have there Work cut out for them.It does not look like Faracape Fans provided that much of a lift.

nell
July 18th, 2005, 05:14 PM

YAAAAAAAAAY!

Hiya Shippers!!!!

Remember, Amanda has been 100% reliable whenever she gave us Shippy hints!!! Need I say more? :p :D

trupi
July 18th, 2005, 05:22 PM
Gateworld Home page.Ratings were 2.1 down from 2.4 Season 8 premiere.It was a 5% improvement over the mid Season premiere in January.I though more People would be curious and watch the first episode.Cast and Crew have there Work cut out for them.It does not look like Faracape Fans provided that much of a lift.
I would like to say I'm upset but I'm not. This is the only way those rat b------ will learn. Yes the show could be cancelled, but if they are going to turn into Barbarella, I prefer it cancelled! Maybe we will get our ship faster!

trupi
July 18th, 2005, 05:47 PM
To get on the silly side (though some will get upset) #1 of the shipper's Da Vinci code booklet-selling of the motorcycle is indicating stablity,no longer on the move,no longer searching for the right place or person. When being sold by your significate other means-your mine to keep !
One other thing I was thinking about Avalon- How long was Jack asleep in the Dormanta? Because in Avalon he's in Cameron's room in the hospital talking to him. It probably means nothing but has been bothering me since I saw the episode.

Rogue
July 18th, 2005, 06:03 PM
To get on the silly side (though some will get upset) #1 of the shipper's Da Vinci code booklet-selling of the motorcycle is indicating stablity,no longer on the move,no longer searching for the right place or person. When being sold by your significate other means-your mine to keep !
One other thing I was thinking about Avalon- How long was Jack asleep in the Dormanta? Because in Avalon he's in Cameron's room in the hospital talking to him. It probably means nothing but has been bothering me since I saw the episode.

trupi, I was wondering the same thing.

Rogue
July 18th, 2005, 06:05 PM

They need to concentrate on the loyal SG-1 fans. If they lose us, they are dead in the water.

trupi
July 18th, 2005, 06:09 PM
They need to concentrate on the loyal SG-1 fans. If they lose us, they are dead in the water.
Amen to that! ;) ;)

ses110
July 18th, 2005, 06:28 PM
Trupi it's hard to be upset.TPTB should take this as a wake up call.TPTB may have gotten too cocky before Season 9.TPTB should watch SG-1 from Season 1-6 and try to model Season 9 after those Seasons.TPTB should have tried to reach out more to the Loyal viewers instead of just looking for new viewers.

Gatetrixer
July 18th, 2005, 06:36 PM
Well, I finally got to watch the tape of Avalon, and I must confess I watched tape of another show I missed last weeked first. (OT on the other show I watched--I consider myself a dedicated Elizabeth George reader, but don't remember at least one of the plots they're televising and wonder if they're stories written just for TV). Anyway, here goes:

Mitchell: He's a nice looking guy and has numerous sqee-ers I'm sure but so far doesn't do much for me. For instance the part where he interviews candidates for SG-1, the candidates weren't very funny IMO, but if Jack had been the interviewer he would have brought something to the scene. Too much of the Antarctica flying scenes for me. Okay he was a hero there,I believe it, but it went on and on. And why the highest honor, Congressional Medal of Honor? Why not Jack or Sam, who have saved the world more than once? He should get a medal, but why that one? And did Sam give it to him? Not sure if that was supposed to be her giving it--have to watch again, maybe she was just commenting on the honor, but the President is the one who gives those medals.

Landry: He seems okay and furnished the humor. I didn't realize he has that raspy voice. I noticed the basketball hoop going up in his office, which I suppose was a nod to Beau, who is said to have very good at that sport when he was younger. So we had Jack with hockey because of RDA and now Landry with basketball because of Beau.

Teal'c: He furnished my only laugh when he gave Daniel "the look" after Vala made the "sex with Daniel" remark. He's our T, tho' each year he becomes a little less Jaffa like, which is only natural I suppose and I think CJ want's it that way since he has said that he is not at all the silent type like T. I think he fired his gun just to see what Mitchell would do.

Sam: Pleasantly surprised to see her. Will not analyze what she said in Avalon as others have done that, but wonder if what AT said about Cassie was just AT's idea. Have any of TPTB mentioned Cassie regarding Sam's absence? It did seem they changed their explanations of her absence a few time.

Daniel: I think the beard was to make him as different as possible from Mitchell in looks until we get used to them together and the leaving SG1 gave the excuse.. I kinda liked it tho. Why the directors don't make him slow down his speech is beyond me.

Jack: Since I had read comments before watching the tape I was ready for the motorcycle reference. Sorry but I didn't see any hesitation or pause before he said it but do hope it means something. I feel like I'm living on crumbs and peelings. And the scene of him looking out the window and then talking to Mitchell, why did GW say that it was Jack contemplating his future? How much will we see of him in Ep 3? And for what purpose? Hope for a longer scene than what we got in this one.

All in all, not too exciting an ep, which can be the tendency of some multi-part eps. Sorry about the length of this post.

Gatetrixer
July 18th, 2005, 06:44 PM

'
Never thought of that--about Jack's being in stasis and it would have to have been a while since Mitchell was hurt, since Jack is back.

sg-1fanintn
July 18th, 2005, 07:21 PM
IMPORTANT QUESTION FOR THE S/J SHIP FAMILY:

Nell and I are working on a little project for Ship Day, and we need to know one little thing first. Are we going to have S/J Ship Day right here on our own thread, or start a new thread for it? Could we try to get a concensus in the next 24 hours about what everyone prefers? Sorry to press for a decision, but it affects the project we've been working on.

I'll start. I think we might as well keep the discussion right here in the regular thread, since we'd all be here that day anyway.

Now, it's your turn!

daniel and vala aren't a love story. it's a sex romp (even though they haven't had sex yet. :p). but daniel and vala aren't meant to be a love story, just some sparks flying - and in daniel's part - hair pulling/falling out.

Vala says they have had sex......but you're right. That doesn't make it love.

How bad were the ratings? Where are they posted?
The link to the whole story is here on GW: http://www.gateworld.net/news/2005/07/seasonpremiereratingsfailt.shtml

We were all watching (ok---almost all of us). Where were those Farscape devotees? As they say here in the South, "Dance with the one who brought you." We're the ones who brought them this far!!!!!

Hiya Shippers!!!!
Remember,[/I] Amanda has been 100% reliable whenever she gave us Shippy hints!!! Need I say more? :p :D
You are so right, Nell.....and you picked the perfect time to point it out!!!!!

Finally, one more random comment.....I'm not bothered by Jack being in Mitchell's hospital room after the injury. It had to be several months later, and AFTER Jack was appointed head of the SGC.....or he couldn't have made Mitchell that promise. It wouldn't have been within his power as a Colonel, and he didn't get promoted to General until early in S8, after he was defrosted.

ses110
July 18th, 2005, 07:28 PM
Rogue I may be proven wrong on this but I do not think we will see a big jump in Farscape viewers for Season 9.I never watched Farscape but from what I hear it was a totally different Show than SG-1.If I was a big Farscape Fan and never watched SG-1 why would I watch SG-1 Season 9? If I was TPTB I would have ran a full court press on long Time Fans and especially the Shippers.I would have told the Fans to give Season 9 a chance while making sure to give praise to RDA and I would have told the Shippers the Sam and Jack Story has not be written.IMO many Fans needed reassurance after Season 8 and it may come back to hurt TPTB.

nell
July 18th, 2005, 07:29 PM

I'll start. I think we might as well keep the discussion right here in the regular thread, since we'd all be here that day anyway.

Now, it's your turn!

Let's keep Ship Day on our Sam/Jack Thread!!! Less complicated. Keeps our activities in chronological order on the same thread. ;)

Buc252
July 18th, 2005, 07:29 PM
I would like to say I'm upset but I'm not. This is the only way those rat b------ will learn. Yes the show could be cancelled, but if they are going to turn into Barbarella, I prefer it cancelled! Maybe we will get our ship faster!

I agree 100%, Trupi.

And I'm not even going to say "I told you so." <vbEEg>

Poor ratings is the only thing that will make TPTB step up and stop screwing with what we like. Give me ship, and I'll be back. And I don't mean a mention here or there. I mean full-blown, "Jack bought a house in DC and my things are enroute" confirmation by Sam. :p

dipsofjazz
July 18th, 2005, 07:30 PM

Nell and I are working on a little project for Ship Day, and we need to know one little thing first. Are we going to have S/J Ship Day right here on our own thread, or start a new thread for it? Could we try to get a concensus in the next 24 hours about what everyone prefers? Sorry to press for a decision, but it affects the project we've been working on.

Now, it's your turn!

:D Well, last year we had a special thread just for the one day here (http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=2698&highlight=annual+ship) , so I think we should do this again. I'm sure our ship mum, Shipperahoy will open a new thread for us for the day.

ColonelWilliams
July 18th, 2005, 07:37 PM
Hey yall, i haven't been on in a while but i'm back. anything new i should know about? any new thoughts about where sam and jack are goin?

Buc252
July 18th, 2005, 07:37 PM

We were all watching (ok---almost all of us). Where were those Farscape devotees? As they say here in the South, "Dance with the one who brought you." We're the ones who brought them this far!!!!!

I know that I was one who didn't watch, but I think it comes down to what I mentioned the other day - the general audience. (*Not* Gateworlders.) They're losing these viewers - who make up the majority of the ratings, I'd bet - because of no-Jack, poor scripts and storylines, and too much newness.

The fact of the matter is, the only one of these they couldn't control was Jack. Would the general public have watched more/longer if the stories were better, or if they'd just kept centered on the three remaining members of SG1 and either brought back Jonas, used somebody like Major Davis, who we knew already, leaving out most of the newbies? Very possible. But they, IMO, got too big for their britches and are now paying the price.

I hope it humbles them some, but then, I'm not sure that's even possible anymore.

sg-1fanintn
July 18th, 2005, 07:47 PM
I know that I was one who didn't watch, but I think it comes down to what I mentioned the other day - the general audience. (*Not* Gateworlders.) They're losing these viewers - who make up the majority of the ratings, I'd bet - because of no-Jack, poor scripts and storylines, and too much newness.

The fact of the matter is, the only one of these they couldn't control was Jack. Would the general public have watched more/longer if the stories were better, or if they'd just kept centered on the three remaining members of SG1 and either brought back Jonas, used somebody like Major Davis, who we knew already, leaving out most of the newbies? Very possible. But they, IMO, got too big for their britches and are now paying the price.

I hope it humbles them some, but then, I'm not sure that's even possible anymore.

Just to play devil's advocate, one week does not make a trend. Word of mouth on the show may make a difference, and could increase the Farscape fan base viewing. Some people may not realize that the new season has started. Sam's return could also affect the ratings. RDA was a huge draw! Wish we still had him! I'm so upset that Gekko is no longer involved with the show! I don't mention these things to disagree with you. I think there's a strong possibility that you're right. But I know enough about demographics to know that we can't jump to conclusions based on one week.

That being said, I too would have preferred the return of Jonas or Major Davis.....or even a fresh face like Joe Flanigan was last year.....to join the team. I loved BB and CB in Farscape, but I think those on-screen personas are too strong for many of us who loved that show to be able to see them as new characters in this one.

ColonelWilliams
July 18th, 2005, 07:51 PM
i've never seen farscape, i like 'em.

ses110
July 18th, 2005, 08:08 PM
Mary I would not be surprised if the ratings continue to drop TPTB may try to talk up the Ship or we may have JM stop by to try to rally the Shipper troops.I can see the Sam and Jack Ship angle being pushed right before Sam's first episode back.

ses110
July 18th, 2005, 08:12 PM
sg-1 fanintn you make some good points.I do find it interesting that Atlantis ratings were down as well as SG-1.Your right about it being only one week.It must have been an interesting Day at TPTB Central.

DarkQuee1
July 18th, 2005, 08:17 PM
I haven't been here in a few days, so I don't know if someone's posted this yet, but round 32 in the Episode Tournament is starting, with D&C close to the top for elimination. We all need to vote!

majorsal
July 18th, 2005, 08:21 PM

i think the 'real' test might be next week, in avalon part 2. some fans might have come into the show not knowing about the changes. some might have heard about it and didn't want to give the show a chance. but if next week's rating increase, that means that the viewers 'can' handle the changes. i don't think it's just about the plot, but if the viewers can embrace these changes. we'll see next week i think.

divcon
July 18th, 2005, 08:30 PM
i think the 'real' test might be next week, in avalon part 2. some fans might have come into the show not knowing about the changes.

They would have to be Deaf,Dumb and Blind not to know about the changes.

some might have heard about it and didn't want to give the show a chance.

This I can understand. I'm a bit dubious about watching it myself but when we finally get it I'll give it a chance.

but if next week's rating increase, that means that the viewers 'can' handle the changes. i don't think it's just about the plot, but if the viewers can embrace these changes. we'll see next week i think.

Everything deserves to be given to a chance. Even a show without Jack.

sally :)[/QUOTE]

majorsal
July 18th, 2005, 08:33 PM
Well, I finally got to watch the tape of Avalon, and I must confess I watched tape of another show I missed last weeked first. (OT on the other show I watched--I consider myself a dedicated Elizabeth George reader, but don't remember at least one of the plots they're televising and wonder if they're stories written just for TV). Anyway, here goes:

(snipped)

Sam: Pleasantly surprised to see her. Will not analyze what she said in Avalon as others have done that, but wonder if what AT said about Cassie was just AT's idea. Have any of TPTB mentioned Cassie regarding Sam's absence? It did seem they changed their explanations of her absence a few time.

there's more than one reason for sam's absense, with cassie being one of them. :) (guess what one of the others might be? :p)

Token
July 18th, 2005, 08:35 PM

Maybe I've just been dense about the CJ scene. I was just happy to see Sam and Jack being playful on the phone. But S8 CJ Jack was definitely inviting Sam over for omlettes! Wow!! That would have been an almost date!

Token
July 18th, 2005, 08:47 PM
I wasn't surprised by the ratings. I would be interested to know what rating TPTB were wanting. I would think that with the changes that a 2.1 would be good, but I don't know anything about show biz. I was surprised by the Atlantis and BSG ratings since they were cliffhangers. I'm not a loyal fan of Atlantis. I can take it or leave it. I was stoked about BSG, but the complicated story arc and the oversexed characters is causing my interest to dwindle. Interestinglly enough, after the premieres I am now most excited about SG-1 than the other shows.

nell
July 18th, 2005, 08:47 PM
i think the 'real' test might be next week, in avalon part 2. some fans might have come into the show not knowing about the changes. some might have heard about it and didn't want to give the show a chance. but if next week's rating increase, that means that the viewers 'can' handle the changes. i don't think it's just about the plot, but if the viewers can embrace these changes. we'll see next week i think.

Yes, next week's ratings will be interesting but I think episode 3 will be equally interesting because Jack will be appearing and surely TPTB will promote that. ;)

Token
July 18th, 2005, 08:56 PM
:D Well, last year we had a special thread just for the one day here (http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=2698&highlight=annual+ship) , so I think we should do this again. I'm sure our ship mum, Shipperahoy will open a new thread for us for the day.

I agree, bev. I think a separate thread for Ship Day would be best. Where is Ship Mum?? Recovering from Comic Con??? :p

Ship Mum, come give your shiplets some direction for Ship Day!!!! :D We need to decide on a poll. How about we vote on what Sam and Jack's future should be? Or a vote on what shippy scenes we would like to see in Season 9 with RDA being seen? What other ideas?

gatebee
July 18th, 2005, 09:29 PM

IMO, we should keep shipper's day here. This is especially for those who know that shipper day is on July 28 and they will come looking for this thread. It is less confusing if we remain here.

Oma-1
July 19th, 2005, 12:56 AM
IMO, we should keep shipper's day here. This is especially for those who know that shipper day is on July 28 and they will come looking for this thread. It is less confusing if we remain here.
We need to reach a consensus quickly cos L4J has to PM Joe :D

Personally, I'd like to have the separate thread. Kinda makes it more special if there's a thread devoted just to that one day. Last year's goal was for 1000 posts on the day and sueKay suggested we go for 1500 this year. It's hard to tell how many posts exactly if we keep it here. There's also the problem of finding it in the archive (a very scary place :p ) at a later date.

We can always paste a big huge link here for any shippers to come join us on the Annual Ship Day thread.

Sam_o_Neill
July 19th, 2005, 01:48 AM

lol, thanks :) I'm just gonna take it as shippy becuase that is the only line we got to hear......:D I love the start of forsaken, I watched it last night to check out the song and Sam and Jack seem really comfortable together :)
Thnaks again :D

Sam_o_Neill
July 19th, 2005, 01:53 AM
:D The song is a Mony Python song, and apart from that line it certainly isn't shippy. Here is a link (http://www.songfacts.com/detail.lasso?id=3307) for the words, but please remember that these words are NC17, so you have been warned!

erm...Thank you, I think :S:P I'm just going to forget I ever read that and go back to knowing just the one line........:P:)

Sam_o_Neill
July 19th, 2005, 01:57 AM
Hey ya. Just played that scene and Jack definitely sounds to be singing '...tell me you love me..'. I don't recognise the song at all but I'm with you on your opinion...Jack, Sam, alone, him singing love lyrics...gotta be shippy! yay!! :) :)

There is also another scene from that episode which IMO is very shippy and its when Sam is fixing the ship and the guy says to her:

'So, do you have anyone special back home on earth?' and Sam replies

'Nothing I'd care to discuss' - Oh yes, uh huh, ship alert!!! :p

How bout a little pic from forsaken, it's one of my favs cause I just love Sams face (jacks just touched her arm btw...hee hee!! :))

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a57/pcbillie/forsaken5.jpg

Seeing as I'm on the topic of shippy quotes how about this one from birthright. It's a classic Sam getting herself in pickle were Jack is concerned LOL!! I'll put it in spoilers as it is a S7 ep.

In the infirmary Sam is with a female jaffa (sorry can't remember her name) who is having tretonin tests

FJ - you are close to Colonel O'Neill
Sam - Yeah, I like to think we have a special relationship
FJ - I hope to someday have a special relationship
Sam - Oh no, no, um its not like that
FJ - like what?
Sam - We aren't you know...we don't...
FJ - I was speaking of the mutual respect you share
Sam - *coughs* I knew that
ROFL everytime!! it's just brilliant! :D

AT does an amazing job in that scene, she plays the discomfort so well!! :p

Ah, it warms the heart to feast on shippy snacks!! :p

lol :) Great quotes Billie!! I love it when Sam and Jack get uncomfortable when people ask them about each other or they read into what they are saying wrongly....like Jack in Full Circle when Skaara asks if he and Sam will be coming to the wedding together. Jack starts stuttering and Sam has to jump in and save him :P :D

Sam_o_Neill
July 19th, 2005, 02:00 AM
<snip>I have to admit it would be Fun to see Vala hit on Jack in front of Sam.I have a feeling Sam would do some hitting of her own.

That would be fun!!! :D:D:D I'd love to see that happen but I doubt it will with Jack not being around :(:(

Sam_o_Neill
July 19th, 2005, 02:12 AM

YAAAAAAAAAY!

I know its great isn't it!!! :D:D:D When it comes to Sam and Jack ship my imagination works overtime so i'm sure I can live with that for the time being!! :D:D:D I know the Sam/Jack ship is not over! TPTB would have gone through so much trouble giving us Threads if they weren't going to get Sam and Jack together and show us some of it!!!

Ship hip hooray! :P

Sam_o_Neill
July 19th, 2005, 02:32 AM
I think we should open a new Thread for Ship Day. We did it last year and it was fun! We had a target number of posts to aim for and like someone else said its easier to find and read back through it as a seperate thread.

We'll have to see what Ship Mum thinks..:)

Billie
July 19th, 2005, 02:50 AM
Morning all! :)

I'm gonna cast my vote for a dedicated thread for ship day coz it's PARTY TIME!! and that definitely calls for something special!! :p

me thinks I need to get working on the ultimate pic story for our mega celebrations *rubs hands in glee!* ....WHOO HOO!!!! :) ;) :p :D

PS. Do we get to dress up?? :D

ONLY 10 DAYS TO GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

divcon
July 19th, 2005, 03:10 AM
Ok, I'll have to vote for a dedicated thread for ship day as I have to go to a bridal shower during the day and I'd love to be able to just go to the thread and not have to trawl through the post to find the ship day ones.(Not that I mind trawling)

divcon
July 19th, 2005, 03:15 AM
I know its great isn't it!!! :D:D:D When it comes to Sam and Jack ship my imagination works overtime so i'm sure I can live with that for the time being!! :D:D:D I know the Sam/Jack ship is not over! TPTB would have gone through so much trouble giving us Threads if they weren't going to get Sam and Jack together and show us some of it!!!

Ship hip hooray! :P

Yeah, I love the scene in 'Full Circle' in S6 when Skaara is asking Jack who he is bringing to his wedding and Jack asks if Carter is invited. When Skaara says yes and asks if they'll be coming together Jack gets all flustered and asks "Together as?"
and Sam replies "As friends, two friends who are both invited going to the wedding together." Jack goes "Ah yes!" Sam shares a smile Skaara.

She knows the score.

scjon
July 19th, 2005, 04:13 AM
I'm voting for a dedicated thread. I wasn't here for Ship Day last year (I didn't even know that this thread existed-shame on me!!) and I think a separate thread will allow people like me to soak up the atmosphere so much better.

I'm absolutely delighted by AT's comments about the ship. Made my day!! Needless to say, my husband hasn't worked out why I'm squeeing yet!! I agree with Sam_O_Neill. What, otherwise, would have been the point of Threads?

trupi
July 19th, 2005, 06:21 AM
Good morning and good afternoon! Since I didn't participate in ship day last year, I will abstain from voting and go which ever way the more experience shippers go. I don't know the benefits of using a dedicated thread compare to using this one. Whatever decided, I'm be there!
PS-Is there anyone else going to the NJ convention who would like to meet up with Lol4jack,Sugarshaker and myself?

nell
July 19th, 2005, 06:28 AM
Good morning and good afternoon! Since I didn't participate in ship day last year, I will abstain from voting and go which ever way the more experience shippers go. I don't know the benefits of using a dedicated thread compare to using this one. Whatever decided, I'm be there!
PS-Is there anyone else going to the NJ convention who would like to meet up with Lol4jack,Sugarshaker and myself?

Will our SG-1 actors be there? What kinds of questions are you thinking of asking? Suggestion.....Avalon MOTORCYCLE??? Hee, hee!! :D Off to RL. :eek: Later ;)

pittsburghgirl
July 19th, 2005, 06:33 AM
I'm voting for a dedicated thread. I wasn't here for Ship Day last year (I didn't even know that this thread existed-shame on me!!) and I think a separate thread will allow people like me to soak up the atmosphere so much better.

I'm absolutely delighted by AT's comments about the ship. Made my day!! Needless to say, my husband hasn't worked out why I'm squeeing yet!! I agree with Sam_O_Neill. What, otherwise, would have been the point of Threads?
ok-i-am-there-when-it-comes-to-the-motorcycle-comment-but-I-need-some-help-on-this-one
point-why-is-everyone-so-happy-about-what-AT-said-at-the-Con?

I-should-think-that-we-have-be-living-off-our-imaginations-for-some-time-now-I-don't
think-that-she-shared-much-except-to-acknowledge-that-things-have-been-left-in-her-words
deliberately=vague.

LOL4JACK
July 19th, 2005, 06:59 AM
ok-i-am-there-when-it-comes-to-the-motorcycle-comment-but-I-need-some-help-on-this-one
point-why-is-everyone-so-happy-about-what-AT-said-at-the-Con?

I-should-think-that-we-have-be-living-off-our-imaginations-for-some-time-now-I-don't
think-that-she-shared-much-except-to-acknowledge-that-things-have-been-left-in-her-words
deliberately=vague.
Pittsurgirl, as you said we have lived from our imagination for the past years and working out agains the regs... having TPTB saying that there was no ship.... now that:

- There are no regs...
- They are leaving it open
- And that they are officially leaving it to our imagination.

We could do wonders!!!!!!!! :p

Regarding ship day, I would also prefare a separate thread, let's go for the 1500 post, it will be easier to find and we will draw the attention of other shippers.

We can also add a dedicated poll... I have some thoughts, but I will get back to all, I need to do some research.

Although I do have to say, I'm sad that it is on a workday... it makes it so much more complicated...

Token
July 19th, 2005, 08:39 AM
http://bestsmileys.com/birthday1/10.gif
http://bestsmileys.com/birthday2/10.gif
estelle & katethegater!!
May all your Shippy dreams come true!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v334/Token04/GraceKiss200.gif
*ahem* Of course this is ours too!;)

http://bestsmileys.com/birthday1/10.gif

misstweedledee
July 19th, 2005, 08:41 AM
Hey *waves* :p

Afternoon my wonderfull shipper family :)

How are we all today? i hope everyone is o.k

So Quick run down on my Avalon thoughts before i catch up on the thread
avalon

So i tried i really REALLY did, i wanted to hate it so much but......i kinda liked it. *ducks hoping no one throws anything*
I really didnt expect it to work but i do see potential in the show, of course i would love it more if it hadn't changed but there you go change is part of life......hey dont i sound philosophical :D

Oh, was i the only one who thought there seemed to be quite a bit of tennsion between Teal'c and Cameron.....come on Teal'c stay strong for the shippers, put up with him and we'll get our favourite couple together......cause you SO know Teal'cs a shipper :D

ok so the ep on average....o.k gonna waite for the second part before making my overall assesment :)

O.K off to catch up on the thread

speak to y'all later

Billie
July 19th, 2005, 09:27 AM
Thankyou, thankyou, thankyou Token for posting one of the ultimate moments of shippiness in full and very glorious motion!! :p *big shippy sigh*

I could just sit here forever watching it.......Ok enough of this post I've got to scroll back up and ...... *rests head on hands and props eyes open to avoid the very annoying need to blink*

(((((((((Token)))))))))))))

Billie
July 19th, 2005, 09:53 AM
Ok...I know Jack and Sam kissing is mesmorising but I've really gotta stop staring at it!! :D

So...was wondering, is there like a members list of the lovely shipper family? Only thinking this because being a newbie I've yet to get a grip on all our family members and therefore when it comes to occasions like birthdays I'm not sure who to send wishes to where! :)

sg-1fanintn
July 19th, 2005, 10:18 AM
Just checking in for a moment during lunch. I'm feeling so optimistic about the Ship today that I'm putting up a new sig.

Back after work!

xkawaiix
July 19th, 2005, 10:31 AM
Just checking in for a moment during lunch. I'm feeling so optimistic about the Ship today that I'm putting up a new sig.

Back after work!

It's a great siggy and the saying is totally true!!! Love it! http://img12.exs.cx/img12/157/kaosclapping9rn.gif

Cassie
July 19th, 2005, 10:32 AM

(audience cheers)

(audience laughs)

Squee!! THANKS Über Amanda has always has helped us shippers out!!!
I love it when every there's a question about J/S it always get a big audience reaction(in a good way) and Brad and Robert were their to see it :p "They talk on the phone" is she talking about the ep. beach head! or other future ep.'s. O well it doesn't really matter because THEY ARE TOGETHER! that's all that matters

Billie
July 19th, 2005, 10:38 AM

Back after work!

Loving the new sig sg-1fanintn!! You must indeed be having a very optimistic ship day and I salute you for it! :D

Here's my latest bit of fun :)

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a57/pcbillie/minime.jpg

See ya later!

sueKay
July 19th, 2005, 10:46 AM
OH IT'S GOOD TO BE BACK!!!!!!!!!

phew! This is the first chance I've had to see any proper shippy discussion since the day before Avalon aired. I have a few observations

A: Sam has TWO motorcycles. She has an old Indian one that she was doing up in seasons 3/4 and I doubt she's actually use it. If I remember rightly, she has another one that was outside her house...or am I getting confuzzled with a fanfic???
B:'Muted' relationship to me means that they are together, but are keeping it very quiet as it's not the done thing in the military
C: His house - VERY p****d off about that...hope he offers Sam first refusal for it when she moves back to the Springs!
D: Jack has a TRUCK! The SUV we've seen was one the military gave to Jack during that ep I can't remember the name of. He was using a military vehicle rather than his own. He doesn't own a car, mind you, with the size of his driveway, he could own a juggernaught and we wouldn't see it!
E: They ARE together! That much is becoming obvious. They'll announce it mid-season when all the Anti's have forgotten about it and placed their moaning squarely on Cameron's shoulders.

mad_gater
July 19th, 2005, 10:52 AM
Sheesh!! I can't get on for a couple days and the thread explodes!! Oy!!

CONGRATS TO EVERYONE WHO ACHIEVED THEIR MONUMENTAL MILESTONES!!!!

:D:D:D:D:D:D

sueKay
July 19th, 2005, 10:57 AM
MG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm still playing catch-up...Iwas on 3,100 before the last GW blackout when the host company got deleted...I'm nearing 3,000 (again) so here's hoping.

What's your views on penguins that motorcycle and sell other people property???? :P :D

mad_gater
July 19th, 2005, 10:57 AM

Back after work!
I LOVE YOUR NEW SIG!!!!!!

((((((((((((((((SG1FANINTN)))))))))))))))))

mad_gater
July 19th, 2005, 11:03 AM
MG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm still playing catch-up...Iwas on 3,100 before the last GW blackout when the host company got deleted...I'm nearing 3,000 (again) so here's hoping.

What's your views on penguins that motorcycle and sell other people property???? :P :D
((((((((((((((((((((((((SK))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

For me it was a combination of that and I had to conk out early as well the last couple days....since I had the day off today I was gonna stay up late last night, but I think my body's too used to all the successive day shifts I've been working and so is now accustomed to going to bed early.....either that or the heat and humidity was sapping my energy quicker. :rolleyes:

sueKay
July 19th, 2005, 11:09 AM
lol

Job hunting proved fruitious (sp?) then?????

Me? Still internet-less, but wait till Friday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh - lovin the sig!!!!

sueKay
July 19th, 2005, 11:41 AM
Just a quick heads up

STARGATE INTEL FANFICTION IS UP AND RUNNING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(mostly)

We have a page of stories, and fics by Cathain Nottingham and Jo.R will be added tomorrow!

http://intelfanfiction.bravehost.com

This has been what I've been working on for months!

Sam_o_Neill
July 19th, 2005, 12:20 PM
Ok...I know Jack and Sam kissing is mesmorising but I've really gotta stop staring at it!! :D

So...was wondering, is there like a members list of the lovely shipper family? Only thinking this because being a newbie I've yet to get a grip on all our family members and therefore when it comes to occasions like birthdays I'm not sure who to send wishes to where! :)

ooooh Good idea! I have the same trouble!

I know there was a list made a while ago when Mala, Tame and Ship Nana were regulars on here but i don't think there has been one made since! We've had lots of new additions to our shipper family since then so...seeing as I have nothing to do over the next few weeks shall I try to compile a list of everybody?? or does someone else want to have a go??

Sam_o_Neill
July 19th, 2005, 12:24 PM
Just a quick heads up

STARGATE INTEL FANFICTION IS UP AND RUNNING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(mostly)

We have a page of stories, and fics by Cathain Nottingham and Jo.R will be added tomorrow!

http://intelfanfiction.bravehost.com (http://intelfanfiction.bravehost.com/)

This has been what I've been working on for months!

YAY!!! More fan fic to pass my time!!!
Great Work Suekay! and Welcome Back!:D:D:D

Sam_o_Neill
July 19th, 2005, 12:48 PM

Back after work!

Great Sig SG-1 fanintn!! :D:D I love the quote! So true for Sam and Jack!

Grace O'Neill
July 19th, 2005, 12:56 PM

Back after work!

I love your signature. The quote is excellent and I especially like the looks in their eyes. So much love and tenderness. I can actually picture them looking at each other.

Conclusion: GREAT JOB!!! :cool: :D

misstweedledee
July 19th, 2005, 01:25 PM
Hey *waves*

Good evening everyone,

Just wanted to add my say to the whole shipper day thread thing, i think we need a seperate thread, i'm not sure why i do i just think that we do :D

happy shipping

misstweedledee
July 19th, 2005, 01:29 PM

Back after work!

Hey *waves*

sg-1fanintn your new sig is fantastic, i LOVE it, very creative http://forum.gateworld.net/images/gw_icons/icon14.gif :cool:

Sam_o_Neill
July 19th, 2005, 01:31 PM
Hey Misstweedledee :D:D:D

I was beginning to feel very alone in here on my own...now I have some company! :D

(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((Misstweedledee))))))))))))))))))))

misstweedledee
July 19th, 2005, 01:41 PM
Hey Misstweedledee :D:D:D

I was beginning to feel very alone in here on my own...now I have some company! :D

(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((Misstweedledee))))))))))))))))))))

(((((((((((Sam_o_neill)))))))))))))

Never alone, no matter where you may be you will always have the ship :D

well seein as its a slow night have a piece of random information,
Got home to night to find brother had brought a Trampoline, how random.

Anywho whats goin on for ship day?

shelsfc
July 19th, 2005, 01:45 PM
Hi everyone, it must be at least a week since I was here - have I missed anything? How was Avalon 1?

m_wendy_r
July 19th, 2005, 02:06 PM
Hey guys.

I'm not exactly new, but you all probably don't remember me. I've been a shipper for ages and I have visited this thread many times before.

RL is just a pain. LOL.

I just wanted to say that I've enjoyed reading all of your spoilers on Avalon, since the Sam/Jack part was the bit I was soooooooooo dying to know.

I'm excited to see the new season, especially since in my mind they are together, ever since Threads/Moebius.

If anyone remembers me, raise a hand. LOL

Wendy
Hugs :)

PS. I hope you do the seperate for Ship Day, 'cause I will be there.

Sam_o_Neill
July 19th, 2005, 02:13 PM
(((((((((((Sam_o_neill)))))))))))))

Never alone, no matter where you may be you will always have the ship :D

well seein as its a slow night have a piece of random information,
Got home to night to find brother had brought a Trampoline, how random.

Anywho whats goin on for ship day?

yep! The ship is always with me! :D

A trampolene...wow :P I've always wanted one of the big ones that I could use. My brother has a little one but if i tried to jump on that i'd probably go right through it lol!! :P:)

Don't know about ship day....i just plan on having as much fun as possible!! :P:P:):)

xkawaiix
July 19th, 2005, 02:18 PM
Hi shelsfc! Don't think I've met you so hi!!! :D

Avalon I think was a horrible episode for the ship but besides that I think it did well. I liked what Vala and Cameron add to the show.

Sam_o_Neill
July 19th, 2005, 02:18 PM
Hi everyone, it must be at least a week since I was here - have I missed anything? How was Avalon 1?

Hey! Good to see you again! :D:D
I think there are mixed feelings about Avalon but for me it was good :) I lot better and funnier than I expected...Cameron turned out to be a good character and Landry isn't too bad either :)

The only think that could be classed as important that you have missed is a clip from a con where Amanda is talking about S/J [spoiler] She just says that they have left the Sam/Jack thing open to our imaginations for the time being:P and that there are going to be a few phone calls...:) [/spoilers]

((((((((((((((Shelsfc))))))))))))))