PDA

View Full Version : Sam Carter/Jack O'Neill Ship Appreciation Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57

ann_sgcfan
July 10th, 2005, 03:26 PM
I like your idea about Jack getting Sick.I would hate to think Sam is in emotional strain due to Orlin.I know Sam is a very caring Person but Sam only meet Orlin once and as a Shipper and since Jack is not in Season 9 it would be nice to see Sam worry about Jack.On another note I was wondering if anyone read the 3rd part of the RC and BW interview and the question was about Jack being in the Season finale?I know I'am a little slow but can anyone explain BW answer to the question about RDA appearing?

I think this is the question and response you are talking about.
GW: And [what] about Rick? For the season finale, perhaps?

BW:: We asked him, and I think as a favor to us, we asked him to, for the lack of a better word, endorse the series without him by appearing in it so it seems as though his leaving is just that.
huh? :S I wonder if he confused himself :p He certainly confused me. :D

ses110
July 10th, 2005, 03:32 PM
It sounded like he said yes.I hope it was a Yes.What ever happened to answers like yes no or no comment.I got a headache after reading that answer.I never though I'd say this but I'am thinking about watching Season 9.I can at least give it a try and if I'am not happy I can stop watching.I did the same thing with the X-Files.I keep thinking with my luck RDA will appear in the last couple of episodes and I will be lost since I did not watch any episodes.

ses110
July 10th, 2005, 03:38 PM
That's the one.We need Daniel to translate that answer.I love how TPTB give these interviews and you know even less than before the interview.If TPTB did ask RDA about being in the season finale I think there would be a good chance RDA would say yes.I think alot of Fans may be willing to at least give Season 9 a chance if they knew RDA would be in the episodes 1 3 and the finale.

nell
July 10th, 2005, 03:43 PM
Shippy Opener Part 5

Thanks for the encouragement. It doesn't take much because I'm having fun! Now, there is more to our favorite show than just "Ship!" *cough*sputter*gasp* Let's peek in on our characters who work diligently behind the scenes at Stargate Command.

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y209/cilljill/s_ndavis04.jpg

Sargeant Walter Harriman at his post.

Walter: Incoming wormhole. SG-5 coming home.

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y209/cilljill/1x0120-200089.jpg

Not too much action around lately. Sargeant Siler runs simulations during times when there is no scheduled activity.

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y209/cilljill/s_siler02.jpg

Siler: OK, Walter, the magnetron poles are charged for positive ion distribution when the wormhole is engaged.

Walter: Siler, what are you saying? Can I turn the gate on or not???

As Walter continues to perform his duties, he can't help but wonder 'Is there a girl out there that I can fish with?'

ann_sgcfan
July 10th, 2005, 03:43 PM
It sounded like he said yes.I hope it was a Yes.What ever happened to answers like yes no or no comment.I got a headache after reading that answer.I never though I'd say this but I'am thinking about watching Season 9.I can at least give it a try and if I'am not happy I can stop watching.I did the same thing with the X-Files.I keep thinking with my luck RDA will appear in the last couple of episodes and I will be lost since I did not watch any episodes.

I agree with you ... to me it sounded like they asked RDA to appear in the show (possibly season ending) and he agreed to... I'm just ignoring the rest of what he said! :D I was a little skeptical about watching the first few episodes, but RDA will be in the first and third?? (so I definitely want to see him)! AT will return in episode 6. I too worry I will not understand what is going on if I don't watch, so I'll be there this Friday. Of course I love Daniel and Teal'c too.

Billie
July 10th, 2005, 03:55 PM
On another note I was wondering if anyone read the 3rd part of the RC and BW interview and the question was about Jack being in the Season finale?I know I'am a little slow but can anyone explain BW answer to the question about RDA appearing?

It is a little confusing on GW as to whether or not they are actually answering the ques about RDA appearing in S9 finale. In the current official SG1 mag it has a news update which says 'We asked him to [appear in 2 episodes] as a favour to us to, for the lack of a better word, endorse the series without him by appearing in it'. From what I can tell they answered the ques about RDA appearing in S9 but not about him being in the finale.

On a different topic, having read through the official SG1 mag I have to say I was a bit disappointed at CJ saying that they had just completed the best two weeks of shooting ever and waxing lyrical about how great the new cast and show was. I mean the door has hardly swung shut (but open for guest apps ofcourse!) on our dear beloved RDA/Jack - was so glad to hear that AT is missing him at least. Gonna miss AT as well at the start of the season as I think she is fab too :D

ses110
July 10th, 2005, 03:58 PM
I also figure it's the Summer and it would be nice to have a show to watch and why not give a chance to a show I've watched for 8 Years.I'am still hoping to see a real Sam and Jack resolution and I'll feel better if I hung on till the end.I also hope we get Jack in more than episodes 1 and 3 and maybe we will have Sam Daniel and Teal'c mention Jack throughout the Season.I also think there is a good chance RDA will appear in a couple of Season 10 episodes and I will probably kick myself if I do not at least give Season 9 a chance.

ses110
July 10th, 2005, 04:09 PM
That is very dissapointing to hear about CJ.I also heard AT say some nice things about missing RDA.I'am not surprised there.Some of the comments from TPTB and some of the Actors are surprising.TPTB and some of the Actors should be praising RDA and also DD and TR and some of the other actors would made the show what it is and who made a Season 9 possible not to mention Atlantis possible.I hope I'am wrong but I wonder if there are some bad feelings from some of the cast and crew about having to work around RDA's schedule the last few Seasons.

MasterPower
July 10th, 2005, 04:09 PM
So how are you SAM/JACK shippers going to survive now that O'Neill isn't in stargate for the ninth season? Move on?
Although he will be in the first few episodes...

Oma-1
July 10th, 2005, 04:20 PM
Shippy Opener Part 5

Thanks for the encouragement. It doesn't take much because I'm having fun! Now, there is more to our favorite show than just "Ship!" *cough*sputter*gasp* Let's peek in on our characters who work diligently behind the scenes at Stargate Command.

Sargeant Walter Harriman at his post.

Walter: Incoming wormhole. SG-5 coming home.

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y209/cilljill/1x0120-200089.jpg

Not too much action around lately. Sargeant Siler runs simulations during times when there is no scheduled activity.

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y209/cilljill/s_siler02.jpg

Siler: OK, Walter, the magnetron poles are charged for positive ion distribution when the wormhole is engaged.

Walter: Siler, what are you saying? Can I turn the gate on or not???

As Walter continues to perform his duties, he can't help but wonder 'Is there a girl out there that I can fish with?'

(((((Chevron Guy))))) There's someone out there for you too :D

What's gonna come through the stargate to make Siler end up in the infirmary? :p

Nell, these are fantastic :D

Oma-1
July 10th, 2005, 04:23 PM
So how are you SAM/JACK shippers going to survive now that O'Neill isn't in stargate for the ninth season? Move on?
Although he will be in the first few episodes...
Wash your mouth out! *reaches for bar of cheapest, nastiest soap I can find* :p

This ship has so much momentum going for it, it will outlast tptb themselves. :D

I think there's still gonna be S/J ship in season 9 - just not as much as we'd like :p

gatebee
July 10th, 2005, 04:29 PM
Hey *waves*

(((Mad_gater)))
(((Token)))
(((sg-1_fnitin)))
(((oma_1)))

Thanx for the welcomes back and be warned everyone i have no intention of disapearing for as long again. I'm Baaaaaaaaaack :D

oh i have a season nine related question, spolier 9 ish

i saw a screen name on msn that said;

" 10th episode of season 9 confirms jack and carter "relations!!!!" "

what What WHAT !!!!! anyone know anything about this?

oh and if anyone wants to add me to messenger i'm at either;

[email protected]
or
[email protected]

o.k hugs for all

((((((((Ship family))))))))

misstweedledee :D
I too am very interested to know where you got this very lovely news.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v205/FilBrit1/SamJack_FishEnd.jpg
pic fr Mala

Oma-1
July 10th, 2005, 04:38 PM
LOL4JACK - your pic packed so much punch anything I added just diluted it. So instead, I turned it into a little homage to Sam's respect for the regs. :D

http://img299.echo.cx/img299/1696/regs5gp.jpg

gatebee
July 10th, 2005, 04:47 PM
IMO all this talk of the new team having so much fun and the new stuff they all have to do , is all bravado. They have to say it is "good, great, and amazing". Because if they don't believe in it now no one will watch them . The "new team" has to stir the audiences to want to see them. As for Sam and Jack, I think they will come together at the end, when ever that will be.

TPTB are scared to put a closure to the relationship now because of loosing the massive ship followers. But I believe they are looking at it with "glass half empty". I think if they give the ship the proper ending of Sam and Jack with the BIG HONKING KISS IN RT, then they can move on and really make a solid scifi series with their new team. Sam can still be in SG1 but just married to Jack. Jack will not be in the series cause RDA wants and deserves a RL. But Jack will just be mentioned in passing by Sam, cause they are married.

steps down soap box
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v205/FilBrit1/grace.jpg

Queen Eleta
July 10th, 2005, 04:53 PM
LOL4JACK - you're pic packed so much punch anything I added just diluted it. So instead, I turned it into a little homage to Sam's respect for the regs. :D

Nope. Possibly eight seconds.....

Queen Eleta
July 10th, 2005, 04:56 PM
IMO all this talk of the new team having so much fun and the new stuff they all have to do , is all bravado. They have to say it is "good, great, and amazing". Because if they don't believe in it now no one will watch them . The "new team" has to stir the audiences to want to see them. As for Sam and Jack, I think they will come together at the end, when ever that will be.

TPTB are scared to put a closure to the relationship now because of loosing the massive ship followers. But I believe they are looking at it with "glass half empty". I think if they give the ship the proper ending of Sam and Jack with the BIG HONKING KISS IN RT, then they can move on and really make a solid scifi series with their new team. Sam can still be in SG1 but just married to Jack. Jack will not be in the series cause RDA wants and deserves a RL. But Jack will just be mentioned in passing by Sam, cause they are married.

steps down soap box

I agree with you there. I don't need anything big and showy, (although that would be nice), just to know that there was something settled and everyone is going on with their happy lives.

ann_sgcfan
July 10th, 2005, 04:58 PM

steps down soap box

I like the way you think gatebee! of course Jack and Sam are married was there ever a questions. ;)

Oma-1 love the picture you posted of Jack! Who indeed could wait 8 years!

Gatetrixer
July 10th, 2005, 05:52 PM
(((((((((((((((((((((Gatetrixer)))))))))))))))))))))))

I haven't seen you for awhile...

WELCOME BACK!!!!!!!
Welcome back to you!
Thanks for the green jellos. (was going to say greenies, but decided I'd better not) How is Kel-Dar (sp)? Is he (she) sad that TPTB decided to bail out on Tok-ra stories? At least it looks like it.

mad_gater
July 10th, 2005, 06:14 PM
Here's my idea for the opening scene of S9. Sam & Jack are at Jack's cabin in Minnesota. Teal'c and Danny are nowhere around!!!!!

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y128/newsgoddess/Threads_128CR.jpg

JACK: Trip's over tomorrow. So, we're agreed on our plans?

SAM: Yep.....I'll get Cassie settled in college, then head to Area 51. And I'll see you in about a month.....

JACK: If I can't find an excuse to get to Arizona before then......

SAM: Right. But there's e-mail and phones.....

JACK: And as soon as this project is finished.....you'll take that job at the Pentagon, right?

SAM: Yes, I will.....

JACK: Then, we'll set a date.....

SAM: I can't believe this is finally happening......

JACK: About that......I've had about enough fishing for today. Let's head inside.

SAM: Yasureyabetcha......
I love it!!!! :D:D:D:D:D:D

Buc252
July 10th, 2005, 06:17 PM
I wondered that for a long time myself. Actually, that kiss never aired (unfortunately). This is a Showtime promo photo for the S2 episode, Holiday. It does prove, however, that the S/J ship was on the drawing board long before S4.

Actually, my understanding is that it wasn't really a promo shot, but that a photographer *doing* promos was on the set that day, and Rick and Amanda did it off camera, just messing around. So no, there was no ship in the script, but our darling duo knew even then that Sam and Jack were meant to be together. ;)

majorsal
July 10th, 2005, 06:19 PM
On another note I was wondering if anyone read the 3rd part of the RC and BW interview and the question was about Jack being in the Season finale?I know I'am a little slow but can anyone explain BW answer to the question about RDA appearing?

ses, i read it, and i asked the same question on the sam thread. it made no sense, and no one could really tell me what he said. :p

sally :)

trupi
July 10th, 2005, 06:19 PM
Is anyone going to any of the up coming conventions? Depending on the opening of S9 I might be going to the New Jersey convention.

nell
July 10th, 2005, 06:27 PM
SHIPPY OPENER Part 6

Daniel meets Sam and Jack for dinner. (Note: It's kind of silly.)

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y209/cilljill/b6ccda1e.jpg

Daniel: Thanks guys, for dinner. You really didn't have to...

Sam: Oh, Daniel, we feel like we let you down. We...we...it wasn't planned. We just wanted to fish by ourselves so we decided to stay at Jack's cabin for a few more days.

Jack: Hey, Daniel, c'mon it's not like we weren't gonna tell you that we like fishing. Um, it's just a new activity for us. We, um, are learning about...stuff. For crying out loud, you know what I mean.

Daniel: Well, no Jack, I don't know what you mean. Sha're and I didn't fish. We...weaved. Long, flowing robes to bind ourselves in. But, I don't have anyone to weave with. I guess your fishing reminded me of weaving. I miss weaving.

Sam: Oh, Daniel, someday you'll weave again. There is someone special out there for you.

Jack: Daniel stop pouting.

Daniel: Jack and Sam, I'm being selfish. Of course, I'm happy for you. But, now that you've finally fished, you're soon to be separated.

Jack: Thanks, Daniel. You had to go and bring that up.

Sam: No, he's right, Jack.

Sam sighs deeply. Jack frowns. Daniel becomes distracted by thoughts of looms.

Catysg1
July 11th, 2005, 01:10 AM
That is very dissapointing to hear about CJ.I also heard AT say some nice things about missing RDA.I'am not surprised there.Some of the comments from TPTB and some of the Actors are surprising.TPTB and some of the Actors should be praising RDA and also DD and TR and some of the other actors would made the show what it is and who made a Season 9 possible not to mention Atlantis possible.I hope I'am wrong but I wonder if there are some bad feelings from some of the cast and crew about having to work around RDA's schedule the last few Seasons.

Hello Shippers :)

Probably ses but they still have a nice job ..They play and they get paid ..I'd love to get paid when I play :p ...and I can replace any member of the cast any time ..A girl that's say :) and I will even do it for half of what they get paid to start with :)

Caty :)

Catysg1
July 11th, 2005, 01:31 AM
Despite liking some eps, I will definitely not be buying the boxed set. It's on principle, though - I swear they're not getting another red cent of my money until they do the right thing and resolve this ship *on screen*. They obviously think they can get along without the shippers, so we'll just see about that . . .

Agree with you Buc on that .. :) Not getting anything from me either until the end of the series. ..Then according to how they finish the Sam and Jack ship , I may eventually decide to get season 7 , 8 , 9 AND whatever but I think I'll get only the episodes with Jack/and/or Sam in it for season 9 ;)

The problem is by that time , I may have moved on to another show just because TPTB didn't give us soon enough what we wanted to see between Sam and Jack .

I will still watch the show and will tape it because I'm used to it ...but at least it's free to tape ..specially if I use some of my old tapes ..don't think I'll use my brand new recordable DVD 's to tape SG1 season 9 though .

I'll keep those for "Lost" which starts in August here in the UK :) Squeeee :)

Catysg1
July 11th, 2005, 01:38 AM
Why not just download? It's free and since you're not "officially" watching by watching thru the TV, they won't see any ratings from you. I'll be watching S9 entirely by downloads. :P:D:P:D:P:D:P:D

This is a really good idea (((MG)))) ..I may just do that too ..hehehehehehe ;)

florence
July 11th, 2005, 02:21 AM
LOL4JACK - your pic packed so much punch anything I added just diluted it. So instead, I turned it into a little homage to Sam's respect for the regs. :D

Let me think about it... Nope ! :p :D

sueKay
July 11th, 2005, 04:48 AM
((((((Shippers))))))))

How are we all??

How are our Florida shippers? Any word?

I'm VERY DISSAPPOINTED about the credits...I love the credits...I WANT MY CREDITS!!!!!!!!

hmm...methinks a fan campaign is in order!

Anywho...good news...I'M GETTING HOME INTERNET AGAIN!!!!!! and it's broadband! yay!

Um...I'm working on a big ship day project which I hope you like...I'll tell you now that it's inspired by Uber's fantabulous GIFs! I'm also working on several fanfics (possibly of the NC17 variety)

I'll be back soon, but I've gotta go to work.

Thoughts and prayers to the people of London...hoping the whitehall alert is a false alarm.

sueKay
July 11th, 2005, 04:54 AM
Methinks this is interesting

(from GW beachead spoilers)
With mixed emotions, Carter returns to the SG-1 team to assist in the mission.

trupi
July 11th, 2005, 05:10 AM
Just going OT for a second here. Be warned - I'm NOT happy.

Just popped in to see Joe, and checked out the thread for the 10 sec opening credits. NowIWillDestroyAbydos has started a petition for Sci-Fi to bring back the 1 min sequence. Here's the link for anyone who wants to sign. http://www.petitiononline.com/mod_perl/signed.cgi?uhl4k9vg&1 I already have. Don't think I was too rude or sarcastic. Here's the link for the thread if anyone wants to vent big style. http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=13828&page=1&pp=20
Just reposting the petition site for the credits posted by Oma yesterday! Lets all get aboard the petition express!

Rogue
July 11th, 2005, 05:39 AM

Ses, I am not surprised. At the Dallas Con, the only time CJ mentioned RDA was to say he wasn't comming back and he is really old. MS didn't mention RDA or AT.

At the same time they are promoting the new cast, it would be nice for them to acknowledge RDA and what he has done for the show. I know they had to work around his schedule, but IMO, they currently have a job because RDA stuck around longer than he wanted to.

LOL4JACK
July 11th, 2005, 07:14 AM

Are you talking to me? Are you asking meeee??? :eek: Nop, could not resist an itsy bitsy tiny, teeny little bit.... :D

trupi
July 11th, 2005, 07:16 AM
Ses, I am not surprised. At the Dallas Con, the only time CJ mentioned RDA was to say he wasn't comming back and he is really old. MS didn't mention RDA or AT.

At the same time they are promoting the new cast, it would be nice for them to acknowledge RDA and what he has done for the show. I know they had to work around his schedule, but IMO, they currently have a job because RDA stuck around longer than he wanted to.
Hi, Rogue! I think the rest of the cast is jealous of RDA's popularity. They sometimes forget he did a hit show already and has his followers. They have their groupiees but not like RDA's. As being old, well for us older ladies RDA is just fine!

Daniel's_twin
July 11th, 2005, 07:26 AM

Would be better if They had a small spot by RDA. It doesn't have to be anything long, just a glance between him and Carter that would express a lot more then what a lot of words have been said would be fine for me. Or am I asking too much? :cool:

Rogue
July 11th, 2005, 07:38 AM
Hi everyone!

I will have to admit, I am excited about the season premier. I didn't think I would be, but I am. But as a Sam fan, the season really doesn't start for me until she gets back. I do hope we have some type of indication that Sam and Jack are a commited couple.

Trupi and galaxy glad to see you posting again!

pittsburghgirl
July 11th, 2005, 07:40 AM
Hi, Rogue! I think the rest of the cast is jealous of RDA's popularity. They sometimes forget he did a hit show already and has his followers. They have their groupiees but not like RDA's. As being old, well for us older ladies RDA is just fine!
hear hear! and I think the boys from vancouver are also having "issues"-they counted on RDA being around to carry the show. But you know what-they could carry on without him had they decided to make their changes starting in the sixth season-made better use of his time and wrote decent stories-or at the vary least-made the b est use of their ideas.

Gatetrixer
July 11th, 2005, 08:54 AM
Just going OT for a second here. Be warned - I'm NOT happy.

Just popped in to see Joe, and checked out the thread for the 10 sec opening credits. NowIWillDestroyAbydos has started a petition for Sci-Fi to bring back the 1 min sequence. Here's the link for anyone who wants to sign. http://www.petitiononline.com/mod_perl/signed.cgi?uhl4k9vg&1 I already have. Don't think I was too rude or sarcastic. Here's the link for the thread if anyone wants to vent big style. http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=13828&page=1&pp=20

If I never again see the Sci-fi promo with the man blowing (into) the dog, it will be too soon. I enjoy most of them but that one.....

Gatetrixer
July 11th, 2005, 08:59 AM

Don't suppose CJ got in hisses or boos for that but they would have been warranted. P.S. Beau is older.

Rogue
July 11th, 2005, 09:09 AM
Don't suppose CJ got in hisses or boos for that but they would have been warranted. P.S. Beau is older.

Nobody booed or hissed, but his comment didn't go over too well.

Kri
July 11th, 2005, 09:19 AM

I have been to two cons and in one of them CJ explained how his friendship evolved with RDA, so I got the feeling they were good friends. I think at the Dallas con this year, we all knew RDA was not returning, and I am not entirely sure the actors weren't told to support the NEW Stargate for season 9, thus not talking much about the good old days.

Rogue
July 11th, 2005, 09:25 AM
I have been to two cons and in one of them CJ explained how his friendship evolved with RDA, so I got the feeling they were good friends. I think at the Dallas con this year, we all knew RDA was not returning, and I am not entirely sure the actors weren't told to support the NEW Stargate for season 9, thus not talking much about the good old days.

Yeah, I got that feeling too because they were really pushing PU, Claudia, and Ben. But now you mentioned it, CJ did talk about how him and RDA became friends.

Kri
July 11th, 2005, 09:45 AM
Yeah, I got that feeling too because they were really pushing PU, Claudia, and Ben. But now you mentioned it, CJ did talk about how him and RDA became friends.

I was just surfing around looking for pics/chatter about the Burbank con and came across a website from tsaxlady, whom I recognize from posting here. I looked at the site and realized I know this lady! LOL! We met at the Burbank con last year :D How fun is that? I just PMed her, so hopefully she will respond. Very excited!

Sum1
July 11th, 2005, 10:07 AM

I don't know much about CJ's opinions, but he seems much better than MS. At least CJ hasn't called the audience who is skeptical about some or all of the changes in season 9 "not intelligent" and isn't egotistical. I personally have never seen CJ do interviews where he complains about how other characters on the show are getting to do all the good stuff like MS did with AT or how all his scenes are poorly done and how the network hates him. You can just see MS's ego - he has to have "and Michael Shanks as Daniel Jackson" at the end of the oepning credits. Maybe he was happy that RDA left - it gave him a chance to try to get his name above the credits. But that's just my rather ignorant opinion and as my good friend Mary Beth would say, "I have no strong feelings on the subject".

sg-1fanintn
July 11th, 2005, 11:05 AM
Thanks for voting in the Favorite Episodes Tournament! But your support is still needed. The game is in Round 27 now. Thanks to your votes, Divide & Conquer (the holy grail of J/S shippiness) is a little further away from being eliminated than it was.

Please keep voting! Catch up on the tourney (and which eps have been eliminated so far) here:
http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=12889

Be careful! If you accidentally vote for an ep that has already been eliminated, none of your votes will count in that round. Cold Lazarus was eliminated in Round 26.

Sam and Jack thank you. I thank you!

Somnium
July 11th, 2005, 11:30 AM

Well I dont consider my self to be old be I love RDA just the same http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v475/Shelby_SG1/smilie03.png

pittsburghgirl
July 11th, 2005, 11:44 AM
i have to say that my biggest fear is Sam the Screwup is gonna be showcased yet again.

I got so tired of reading how Sam dragged down the team-stalked Jack-put everybody in danger-so what happens the first episode she is back-Sam's miracle weapon screws up and Vala has to come to the rescue. No Jack to steady her and make her feel better-bah humbug!

lonely_star
July 11th, 2005, 12:00 PM
I think you may be right. Orlin is supposed to be in the episode. You would think "incredible emotional strain" would be caused by someone other than Orlin (although according to the spoilers I get the feeling the writers mean Orlin). Sam has already watched him die once and ascend. I think if Orlin died again Sam would be upset, but "incredible emotional strain" I don't know?

Maybe Jack get's sick and Sam is torn between being at the SGC or in Washington. JM mentioned that a plaque hits Earth... meaning not just the SGC but many people beyond the mountain. Of Course SG-1 finds a cure and Sam delivers the meds to Washington and checks on Jack while she is there. :p Making their relationship stronger. What? It could happen. :p

hey actually I think it's a good idea! :) that should be fun to "watch" ! I like angst and cumfort...
Talking about that, how is virtual season9 going ?? is it still going on ? do you still want to do that ? I think it's an exellent idea and might help us to wait until the last part of the season and might prevent us from being disapointed ;)

(((((((Nell)))))) I just LOVE your season opener !!!!!!!!! keep going !!! (can't rep you though... :( :( )

lonely_star
July 11th, 2005, 12:28 PM

OMA...OMA...(breath for air....)OMA...God !!!!!!!!
thunk thunk thunk !! :D
I surely wouldn't be able to last that long!!! :o ;)

Rogue
July 11th, 2005, 12:38 PM
i have to say that my biggest fear is Sam the Screwup is gonna be showcased yet again.

I got so tired of reading how Sam dragged down the team-stalked Jack-put everybody in danger-so what happens the first episode she is back-Sam's miracle weapon screws up and Vala has to come to the rescue. No Jack to steady her and make her feel better-bah humbug!

I know how you feel, that was my first impression of the new spoilers. Poor Sam. I think she should resign and go make babies with a certain grey haired general.

lonely_star
July 11th, 2005, 12:43 PM
((((((Shippers))))))))

How are we all??

How are our Florida shippers? Any word?

yep give us some news as soon as you can :S

I'm VERY DISSAPPOINTED about the credits...I love the credits...I WANT MY CREDITS!!!!!!!!

same here! I've signed the petition and I was the 133th so it's not too bad, it was 49 not so long ago...I hope a lot lot lot more will sign it too :o

Anywho...good news...I'M GETTING HOME INTERNET AGAIN!!!!!! and it's broadband! yay!

wow that's great news!!! we will be able to read you again ! great! post a lot !!!

Um...I'm working on a big ship day project which I hope you like...I'll tell you now that it's inspired by Uber's fantabulous GIFs! I'm also working on several fanfics (possibly of the NC17 variety)

wow this is great news too !!! I love reading you and Im' looking forward the next one!!! did you write more in the in between the threads? and sheets?? ;)
hope you'll finish it soon and let's us know !!! :)

sugarshaker
July 11th, 2005, 12:48 PM
Is anyone going to any of the up coming conventions? Depending on the opening of S9 I might be going to the New Jersey convention.

Shippy hugs everyone! I'm going to the NJ con. :D

Uber
July 11th, 2005, 12:50 PM
OMA...OMA...(breath for air....)OMA...God !!!!!!!!
thunk thunk thunk !! :D
I surely wouldn't be able to last that long!!! :o ;)DON'T PANIC!!!

Your reaction is COMPLETELY natural.

Just close your eyes, take deep, long breaths until you feel that you've calmed down.

Then open your eyes, take another look at that picture and repeat the above...

:cool:

lonely_star
July 11th, 2005, 12:52 PM

...and don't even mention the younger ones !!!! ;)
this guy is just hot and funny and :o :o .oops wrong thread here :o
but you're totally right! I think they are jalous and IMO they lack of respect for him and what he's done cause if they have a job (like Rogue well says) it's a lot thanks to him and what he's done...this show would never have been the same without him...I'm gonna miss him so much !!!! I hope he'll be back for the season ending ;) and a BIG HONKIN KISS !!!!!

lonely_star
July 11th, 2005, 01:01 PM
Thanks for voting in the Favorite Episodes Tournament! But your support is still needed. The game is in Round 27 now. Thanks to your votes, Divide & Conquer (the holy grail of J/S shippiness) is a little further away from being eliminated than it was.

Please keep voting! Catch up on the tourney (and which eps have been eliminated so far) here:
http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=12889

Be careful! If you accidentally vote for an ep that has already been eliminated, none of your votes will count in that round.

:o I'm sure i'm gonna sound stupid but...how do you vote ? I've never have time to do it so didn't go and see, you have to vote for the one you don't want to keep right ? just want to be sure so I don't eliminate D&C ...would be stupid of me ;)

LOL4JACK
July 11th, 2005, 01:02 PM
Shippy hugs everyone! I'm going to the NJ con. :D
Me too, me too! although I haven't bought my ticket yet, probably shoudl run :D

SS, Trupi hope to see you there.

lonely_star
July 11th, 2005, 01:08 PM
;)
DON'T PANIC!!!

Your reaction is COMPLETELY natural.

Just close your eyes, take deep, long breaths until you feel that you've calmed down.

Then open your eyes, take another look at that picture and repeat the above...

deep breath....pfffffff.....here we go...the blood is back in my brain !!! thanks :p but I think I'm gonna wait a little more before looking at this pic again!! I wouldn't appreciate dying by heart attack at my age !! :D :D ...well after a little thinking...I'd try if I have such a guy to make reanimation to me :) (little mouth to mouth with the man...who could resist ;) certainly not Sam )

lonely_star
July 11th, 2005, 01:23 PM
jus a little last one to thank LOL4JACK !!! (((((((L4J))))) you rock !!! ;)
to wish a good con to all of you who go there...bring back the news soon!!!!

I wish you all my dear shipper family members a good night or day depending on where you live and I'm glad to be here with you guys !!! I wish I had more time to share with you!!!

I'm glad to see some ole fellow coming back !! :) especially when they post those soooooooo nice pictures!!! ;) ((((((((( galaxy ))))))))

see ya guys later ! :)

sugarshaker
July 11th, 2005, 01:28 PM
SS, Trupi hope to see you there.

Most definitely! :D

trupi
July 11th, 2005, 01:54 PM
When the date gets closer we set a place to meet up!

LOL4JACK
July 11th, 2005, 01:56 PM
jus a little last one to thank LOL4JACK !!! (((((((L4J))))) you rock !!! ;)

:o thank you!

Woooohoooo, so much fun to meet other (((((((shipper family))))))) I'll PM you before, but I guess we need to wear a Penguin hat :D

LOL4JACK
July 11th, 2005, 02:21 PM
Another S9 Opening Sequence

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y219/cmb1009/Scorched%20Earth/1.bmp

Sam: Jack I got the test results
Daniel's thoughts: :D he is going for a suprise

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y219/cmb1009/Scorched%20Earth/2.bmp

Daniel's thoughts: 5, 4, 3, 2, 1

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y219/cmb1009/Scorched%20Earth/0aa57e86.bmp

Jack: For Crying Out Loud!
Daniel's thoughts: Yep, saw that coming

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y219/cmb1009/Scorched%20Earth/051226d8.bmp

Jack: We are having sextuplets!

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y219/cmb1009/Scorched%20Earth/6.bmp

Sam: Yousureyoubetcha...

Note from author... I know, tweaked a little bit RL way's of finding out you are having 6 babies :p

ses110
July 11th, 2005, 03:15 PM
Rogue my thoughs are we all have to work around schedules know matter what we do for a living.If there are People on Vacation or out Sick we all have to pick up the Slack.I do not go crying to my Boss about extra Work.Once again Hollywood shows how out of touch they are with the real world.

ses110
July 11th, 2005, 03:19 PM
sueKay I hope it does not mean Sam is worried about Danile or another meebr of SG-1 being Sick.I hope it's Jack that is Sick.We would get some great Sam angst.

pittsburghgirl
July 11th, 2005, 03:25 PM
watching prophesy right now-i love how gentle his voice gets when he talks to her or worries over her. that tone of voice was pretty much missing during season 8 until that scene in threads when at the end she goes on about trying to dial the alpha site in order to make the gate inaccessible to Anubis and at first he does Carter in a harsh tone-and then a gentle one

ses110
July 11th, 2005, 03:27 PM
Great point.TPTB should have seen this coming from RDA.RDA cut back in Season 7 and 8.TPTB should have seen the writing on the Wall.TPTB or the Actors should not be upset with RDA.I may be wrong but I doubt RDA signed a lifetime contract.8 Years on a TV Show is a long Time.One Actor in particular should be Happy.Now lets see how good he is without RDA.

ses110
July 11th, 2005, 03:28 PM
SS I would only go if AT was there.I have no desire to see some of the other SG-1 Actors.I never went to a convention.

sg-1fanintn
July 11th, 2005, 03:43 PM
:o I'm sure i'm gonna sound stupid but...how do you vote ? I've never have time to do it so didn't go and see, you have to vote for the one you don't want to keep right ? just want to be sure so I don't eliminate D&C ...would be stupid of me ;)

Hey, no problem. It's not a stupid question. It's just something new to you. To vote, just hit "post reply" at the top or bottom of the page, just like you would to create any other post. Mark Round # at the top of the post just so they don't get confused about which round you're in. Then, list the eight episodes you want to see eliminated.

My only caution: be sure to check the list of eps already eliminated first, so you won't accidentally put one in there that's already gone. If you do, they won't count any of your votes that round. I think that's stupid, since you would probably have seven other good votes. But that's the way they're doing it.

The person who organized the contest also has lists on the main post of eps that still remain, as well as links to each season synopsis page.....so you can check on eps you may not remember as well as others.

sg-1fanintn
July 11th, 2005, 04:10 PM

To Rogue, Ses and others who have expressed the same concerns:

You are absolutely correct! The first rule of PR is not to offend. Obviously, making sarcastic remarks directed at the icon (RDA) may backfire. And how about the adult fans who hear those remarks? If they're anywhere within 10 years of RDA's age, might they also be offended by that age remark? Certainly!

As many of us have pointed out over the past couple of months, it is possible to sound excited and upbeat about what's new without disrespecting the traditions and people who got you this far. I don't know if certain actors weren't properly prepared by publicists to answer those questions or if they just deviated from the message because they feel so secure in their own egos/fan bases. Either way, those remarks were ill-advised and in extremely poor taste.

And, as you pointed out, we all have to work around schedules--be they the boss's, the client's, the family's, etc. RDA had earned the right to cut his own deals. He was the only headliner in the cast when it began--a bonafide star with several successful series under his belt. I personally think it would have been worth any consideration it took to keep him.

Others may have become successful over the course of the show's run, but without RDA and the big break they got with Stargate, who is to say where they would be now? Maybe some people were RDA's "fair weather" friends. They were friendly as long as it was convenient. How wonderful to have the example of Amanda Tapping, who loves her friend enough to pay public homage to him and his very successful career!

Okay.....that's the most serious post I've made in weeks! But friends deserve your support, and if you can't give it, then who can really trust you?
** uhum.....steps down off soapbox***

majorsal
July 11th, 2005, 04:16 PM

i think that's interesting too. ;) you never know

sally :D

Buc252
July 11th, 2005, 04:44 PM
Others may have become successful over the course of the show's run, but without RDA and the big break they got with Stargate, who is to say where they would be now? Maybe some people were RDA's "fair weather" friends. They were friendly as long as it was convenient. How wonderful to have the example of Amanda Tapping, who loves her friend enough to pay public homage to him and his very successful career!

Your use of the word "successful" in relation to MS and certain others on the show was highly thought provolking. I know that we, as SG1 fans, definitely went from not knowing who they were to knowing very, very well exactly who they were. The other players (other than RDA) *became* famous to *us*.

However, I'd be curious to hear, on the street, how many of the general population would know who Michael Shanks or Christopher Judge are. I'm betting that their fame is considerably more limited than their fans think *or* than most others in the TV business would recognize. As demonstrated by Michael's less than successful attempt to go out on his own in Season 6, even after eight or nine years on Stargate, Hollywood isn't necessarily going to be pounding down their doors.

For example, what have we seen Robert Duncan McNeill, Tim Russ, Alexander Siddig, or Roxanne Dawson in lately? Nothing against these people - they're fantastic performers - but Sci-Fi actors are already at a disadvantage. If the SG actors think they're bound for fame and fortune because of their fan bases on SG, they may be in for a crude awakening.

On the other hand, if Ben and Claudia couldn't keep Farscape from being cancelled, I have to wonder how TPTB at SG think they're going to fail to do the same with SG. I hate to say it, but I hope they don't. I'm ready for SG1 to be cancelled. :(

Sorry for the OT-ness of this post. I beg forgiveness, but had to speak.

sg-1fanintn
July 11th, 2005, 04:45 PM
Another Shippy Season 9 Opener.....

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y128/newsgoddess/Watergateteam.jpg

JACK: Ok, Sam, here's the plan. As soon as we get to P3X-299, let's dump the boys, dial home and head to Hawaii......I have the minister on standby!

LOL4JACK
July 11th, 2005, 04:53 PM

JACK: Ok, Sam, here's the plan. As soon as we get to P3X-299, let's dump the boys, dial home and head to Hawaii......I have the minister on standby!
SG1-Fanintn, ROFL...

Perfect pic.... they soooooo don't care about Teal'c and Daniel :D

sg-1fanintn
July 11th, 2005, 05:02 PM
Your use of the word "successful" in relation to MS and certain others on the show was highly thought provolking. I know that we, as SG1 fans, definitely went from not knowing who they were to knowing very, very well exactly who they were. The other players (other than RDA) *became* famous to *us*.

However, I'd be curious to hear, on the street, how many of the general population would know who Michael Shanks or Christopher Judge are. I'm betting that their fame is considerably more limited than their fans think *or* than most others in the TV business would recognize. As demonstrated by Michael's less than successful attempt to go out on his own in Season 6, even after eight or nine years on Stargate, Hollywood isn't necessarily going to be pounding down their doors.

For example, what have we seen Robert Duncan McNeill, Tim Russ, Alexander Siddig, or Roxanne Dawson in lately? Nothing against these people - they're fantastic performers - but Sci-Fi actors are already at a disadvantage. If the SG actors think they're bound for fame and fortune because of their fan bases on SG, they may be in for a crude awakening.

On the other hand, if Ben and Claudia couldn't keep Farscape from being cancelled, I have to wonder how TPTB at SG think they're going to fail to do the same with SG. I hate to say it, but I hope they don't. I'm ready for SG1 to be cancelled. :(

Sorry for the OT-ness of this post. I beg forgiveness, but had to speak.

I agree entirely! I meant successful in the context of having found a way to earn a good living, and being able to afford the big house, the cars, etc., that society attaches to the word "success." I agree with you that outside the sci-fi genre, their reach as celebrities is limited. This just supports my earlier statements. Some people get a little "success," convince themselves they did it all on their own.....and decide they don't owe anything to the people who helped them get where they are. I've been around show biz folk enough to see it happen. It's just part of human frailty.

I'm not saying that these people are not talented. But after being disappointed by several comments made by two members of the cast since the end of S8, I think it's clear who is still "real" and who may believe too many of their own fan letters.

I think you also make an outstanding point about the "star power" of the new "main attractions." It didn't keep their own vehicle afloat. But I do see why TPTB thought signing them was a good business decision. I'm still open to the possibilities, but as I have already stated, I'd rather have RDA any day of the week.

I too, beg forgiveness for the OT-ness of this post. I just thought Buc-52 made some intriguing points, and wanted to make it clear that I'm in agreement.

Rogue
July 11th, 2005, 05:26 PM
[CENTER]Another Shippy Season 9 Opener.....

LOL, if only!

ses110
July 11th, 2005, 05:29 PM
Great post sg-1 fanintn.An Actor should know better than anyone about changing schedules and working on a TV Show.If an Actor wants a 9-5 Job they picked the wrong field.RDA could have left after Season 5 but RDA stayed on for the Cast and Crew and the Fans.I have never heard RDA take shots at any Cast or Crew who left the Show.Some Actors may have been insulted with the Show going on without them but I never heard RDA talk bad about Season 9 or wish bad on the Show.I'am very proud of AT and her comments regarding RDA.That's one Actor who gets it.

gatebee
July 11th, 2005, 05:39 PM

yes yes .... we must dream on

gatebee
July 11th, 2005, 05:49 PM
SHIPPY OPENER Part 6

Daniel meets Sam and Jack for dinner. (Note: It's kind of silly.)

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y209/cilljill/b6ccda1e.jpg

Daniel: Thanks guys, for dinner. You really didn't have to...

Sam: Oh, Daniel, we feel like we let you down. We...we...it wasn't planned. We just wanted to fish by ourselves so we decided to stay at Jack's cabin for a few more days.

Jack: Hey, Daniel, c'mon it's not like we weren't gonna tell you that we like fishing. Um, it's just a new activity for us. We, um, are learning about...stuff. For crying out loud, you know what I mean.

Daniel: Well, no Jack, I don't know what you mean. Sha're and I didn't fish. We...weaved. Long, flowing robes to bind ourselves in. But, I don't have anyone to weave with. I guess your fishing reminded me of weaving. I miss weaving.

Sam: Oh, Daniel, someday you'll weave again. There is someone special out there for you.

Jack: Daniel stop pouting.

Daniel: Jack and Sam, I'm being selfish. Of course, I'm happy for you. But, now that you've finally fished, you're soon to be separated.

Jack: Thanks, Daniel. You had to go and bring that up.

Sam: No, he's right, Jack.

Sam sighs deeply. Jack frowns. Daniel becomes distracted by thoughts of looms.
RLOL .... all that fishing and looms very PG

nell
July 11th, 2005, 06:19 PM
Another S9 Opening Sequence

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y219/cmb1009/Scorched%20Earth/1.bmp

Sam: Jack I got the test results
Daniel's thoughts: :D he is going for a suprise
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y219/cmb1009/Scorched%20Earth/2.bmp

Daniel's thoughts: 5, 4, 3, 2, 1

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y219/cmb1009/Scorched%20Earth/0aa57e86.bmp

Jack: For Crying Out Loud!
Daniel's thoughts: Yep, saw that coming

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y219/cmb1009/Scorched%20Earth/051226d8.bmp

Jack: We are having sextuplets!

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y219/cmb1009/Scorched%20Earth/6.bmp

Sam: Yousureyoubetcha...

Note from author... I know, tweaked a little bit RL way's of finding out you are having 6 babies :p

LOL4JACK!!!! Love it!! Hee, hee!!! Who said Jack is old??!! He is the best!!! :D

nell
July 11th, 2005, 06:26 PM

Love it!!! :p BTW That pic is great! :p

Gatetrixer
July 11th, 2005, 06:40 PM
I don't know much about CJ's opinions, but he seems much better than MS. At least CJ hasn't called the audience who is skeptical about some or all of the changes in season 9 "not intelligent" and isn't egotistical. I personally have never seen CJ do interviews where he complains about how other characters on the show are getting to do all the good stuff like MS did with AT or how all his scenes are poorly done and how the network hates him. You can just see MS's ego - he has to have "and Michael Shanks as Daniel Jackson" at the end of the oepning credits. Maybe he was happy that RDA left - it gave him a chance to try to get his name above the credits. But that's just my rather ignorant opinion and as my good friend Mary Beth would say, "I have no strong feelings on the subject".

I suppose it's possible CJ, being quite the jokester, was trying to be funny, but I wasn't there and wouldn't know how he sounded when he said it. But in print I don't like it. As a matter of fact, I haven't been to any SG cons, so the only time I've heard and seen MS and CJ out of their character parts has been on the Lowdowns. And I wasn't watching the show when MS left and it's very difficult to get a handle on just why since I didn't think he was getting the short shrift up to then, when I finally saw all the eps. In fact, RDA, in an interview (I think just before S7), said Jack and Daniel played off each other so well, something that was missing in S6, so he was being nice about MS coming back.

LOL4JACK
July 11th, 2005, 06:50 PM
SCFI Special program, inside SCIFI friday is on in 10min... I'll keep you posted ;)

trupi
July 11th, 2005, 06:56 PM
SCFI Special program, inside SCIFI friday is on in 10min... I'll keep you posted ;)
"On your sixes"! Lets see all the wonderful improvements!

sg-1fanintn
July 11th, 2005, 07:00 PM
Whee! Let's go watch the special!

Madeleine
July 11th, 2005, 07:18 PM
In defence of some of the actors who are getting it in the neck in here:

The criticism is that they aren't mentioning RDA, or aren't mentioning him enough, or aren't mentioning him properly. Okay, how do you know they aren't mentioning RDA? How do you know they aren't bangin' on and on to every magazine they speak to about how great RDA was and how he's irreplaceable as Jack? How do you know that the editors of the magazines, wary of printing exactly what's been printed before, have taken the red pen to everything like that cos they don't need the readers to read it in isue #123 if they already read the same thing verbatim in #117?

*If* they aren't mentioning RDA enough, is there a reason? I'm thinking of the two questions I asked CJ at a recent con. Neither of them offered a reasonable person any expectation of a mention of RDA. Actors don't just stand and pour out their hearts, either to cons or to magazines; they answer the questions asked. If virtually every question *doesn't* have any relevance to RDA, whose fault is it then if there's virtually no mention of RDA.

And if they aren't mentioning him 'properly'?... well, I'd say "go to the source" - but be wary even then. I remember being in an internet chat with MS, early in s7 or just before. Asked what it was like being back he said positive things, including that there was a great mood among "the three supporting actors". Those were the exact words used. He was talking about himself, Amanda and Chris, it seemed pretty clear from the context. Now, there are some people about who rather don't like MS, and took him to be meaning 'RDA, AT and CJ'. Goodness knows why. But within hours it was all over the internet that 'MS says there's a good mood among "HIS supporting actors" what an ego, what a prat'. Well, I suppose people are going to interpret his words how they please, but in the original form we at least can give him the courtesy of assuming he meant himself, (unless you're the sort who *looks* for the bad in what an actor says). People had NO RIGHT to change his words to make it seem worse than it was, and yet they did, and it all goes into the fandom conciousness. I heard it just the othre day again, 'oh, MS says some awful things, remember when he called the other three "his" suporting characters?' So if I hear someone saying that CJ said that RDA was old, I'll hold off believing it to be a slight on him until I see an exact transcript and know what prompted the comment, what words were used and what else he said.

Finally, there might be another reason for the actors and PTB not to mention how much they miss RDA. For years RDA held the show together - in most people's perceptions certainly, and quite probably in reality too. RDA has had a number of critics saying how he's 'deserting the show', 'leaving them in the lurch', and others saying that he should pack his daughter up and move her to Vancouver, or that he should keep working. Might RDA's friends be trying to protect him from more of those types of thing?

Some people just look for the very worst that can be found in an interview. You can bet that if CJ or anyone repeatedly did say how much RDA was missed there's be *someone* to carp about how CJ is laying a guilt trip on poor RDA and not letting the poor tired chap get his retirement in peace. Between these people posting their opinions, editors editing, interviewers and fans asking questions that *they* choose and not the actors, and fans' imperfect memories, the sense of an actor's / PTB's words can wander a long way from what they' originally said / meant. Which is why I think it only fair to give everyone as much benefit of the doubt as can be given. it's only kind.

trupi
July 11th, 2005, 07:36 PM
Why did SCIFI pick the dumber of the questions asked about the shows? Are they trying to make fun of the fans by saying all can't tell reality from fantasy? I know some of us have asked intelligent reasonable questions. Why didn't they asked them on the show? Guys-"Stop biting the hands that feeds you!"

ses110
July 11th, 2005, 07:44 PM
Madeleine you make some great Points.I have no problem if TPTB talk up Season 9 and I do not expect TPTB or the Actors to spend all day praising RDA.I do have a problem when TPTB and the Actors continue to say the set has never been Happier or the energy never better.IMO you do not say those things.Even if you do not mean it it's a slap in the Face to RDA and the other Actors who are no longer on the Show.I also beleive if an Actor is misquoted they should do there best to set the record straight.

nell
July 11th, 2005, 07:50 PM
The Shippy Opener that won't go away!!! Part 7

There are spoilers for Seasons 8 & 9 in this part!!! But, it won't interfere with your enjoyment of parts 8, 9, and 10 if you want to stay spoiler free!! Oh Yeah, I promise to stop at 10!! Hee, hee, hee!! :D :D :D There are links to the pics cause they are spoilers, too!!

Back at Stargate Command with General O'Neill......

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y209/cilljill/901_11.jpg

Jack is facing a turning point in his career. An opportunity to move forward in serving his country and the world but at a high cost. Leaving behind the woman he loves, Sam Carter. As he prepares to hand over his command of the SGC to General Hank Landry, he reflects on his fishing trip with Sam.

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y209/cilljill/image36091.jpg

'I can't believe that she finally fished with me! I can't imagine not fishing with her anymore. That's so not gonna happen!'

Jack went to General Landry who was settling into his new office.

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y209/cilljill/901_12.jpg

Jack: Hank, whatdaya think about the chair? Great, huh? Hammond left it behind. He threatened to take it once but he must've forgotten!!

Hank: Jack, don't worry I won't let George near this chair. It's incredibly comfy but if what I'm learning about this place is half true, I can't imagine I'll get much chance of sitting here regularly. I can't believe this place!

Jack: Yeah, I'd say we've had our fair share of big, huge bad guys and bad stuff happen but somehow there was too muoh time leftover for paperwork!!!

Hank: Jack, c'mon, I've known you for years. Your promotion and flying a desk at the Pentagon should be the icing on your cake!! But, looking at you, I'd say that you don't see it that way. Tell me, does this have something to do with a certain tall, blonde, brilliant, Lieutenant Colonel?

Jack: Hank, can you narrow that hint down a bit so I have half a chance of figuring it out.

Hank: Cut the crap, Jack!

Jack: OKAY, OKAY, already! Yeah, Hank, I'm in deep. Her smile alone can blind me and those blue eyes, oy, I don't stand a chance.

Hank: Well, I guess you have two choices. I'll give you a hint. I ain't letting her out of the SGC!! She's just too valuable.

Jack: Yeah, Sam's a national treasure!!!

SamCarterONeill
July 11th, 2005, 08:10 PM

There are spoilers for Seasons 8 & 9 in this part!!! But, it won't interfere with your enjoyment of parts 8, 9, and 10 if you want to stay spoiler free!! Oh Yeah, I promise to stop at 10!! Hee, hee, hee!! :D :D :D There are links to the pics cause they are spoilers, too!!

Jack is facing a turning point in his career. An opportunity to move forward in serving his country and the world but at a high cost. Leaving behind the woman he loves, Sam Carter. As he prepares to hand over his command of the SGC to General Hank Landry, he reflects on his fishing trip with Sam.

'I can't believe that she finally fished with me! I can't imagine not fishing with her anymore. That's so not gonna happen!'

Jack: Hank, whatdaya think about the chair? Great, huh? Hammond left it behind. He threatened to take it once but he must've forgotten!!

Hank: Jack, don't worry I won't let George near this chair. It's incredibly comfy but if what I'm learning about this place is half true, I can't imagine I'll get much chance of sitting here regularly. I can't believe this place!

Jack: Yeah, I'd say we've had our fair share of big, huge bad guys and bad stuff happen but somehow there was too muoh time leftover for paperwork!!!

Hank: Jack, c'mon, I've known you for years. Your promotion and flying a desk at the Pentagon should be the icing on your cake!! But, looking at you, I'd say that you don't see it that way. Tell me, does this have something to do with a certain tall, blonde, brilliant, Lieutenant Colonel?

Jack: Hank, can you narrow that hint down a bit so I have half a chance of figuring it out.

Jack: OKAY, OKAY, already! Yeah, Hank, I'm in deep. Her smile alone can blind me and those blue eyes, oy, I don't stand a chance.

Hank: Well, I guess you have two choices. I'll give you a hint. I ain't letting her out of the SGC!! She's just too valuable.

haha, i saw that and thought it was real! :(

SO, WHO SAW THE SPECIAL?!?! I thought that they sure were showing a lot of that moebius kiss when AT was talking about Carter as a character in S9??? what do you all say??

trupi
July 11th, 2005, 08:17 PM

Isn't the first pic of RDA great! He still got it at 55!

trupi
July 11th, 2005, 08:51 PM
Hello out there! Is anyone home? What did everyone think about the Lowdown?

blueiris
July 11th, 2005, 09:05 PM
I had a hard time accepting that RDA was not there. I haven't come to terms with his departure yet. :(

I am a little more receptive to B.Browder now, though, after he spoke highly of RDA/Jack.

All in all, I enjoyed it.

trupi
July 11th, 2005, 09:09 PM
I had a hard time accepting that RDA was not there. I haven't come to terms with his departure yet. :(

I am a little more receptive to B.Browder now, though, after he spoke highly of RDA/Jack.

All in all, I enjoyed it.
I liked Ben. He's a down to earth guy, not full with himself. I never watch Farscape, so I don't know what kind of actor he is but he looks like he's having a good time on SG-1

blueiris
July 11th, 2005, 09:20 PM
I did not watch Farscape, either. But I do remember thinking he was a cutie when I saw the previews of Farscape. I hope that season 9 will be good. One of the factors in my watching SG-1 in season 9, though, still hinges a bit on rather or not they respect the S/J ship. It won't take much, just a one-sided phone call or the right words to let me know it still is. Of course, a big ol' kiss at some point would definitely pull me in. :D

I wish RDA well, but sure do wish SG-1 fit into his plans.

trupi
July 11th, 2005, 09:38 PM
I did not watch Farscape, either. But I do remember thinking he was a cutie when I saw the previews of Farscape. I hope that season 9 will be good. One of the factors in my watching SG-1 in season 9, though, still hinges a bit on rather or not they respect the S/J ship. It won't take much, just a one-sided phone call or the right words to let me know it still is. Of course, a big ol' kiss at some point would definitely pull me in. :D

I think like MS, RDA needs time to baby his ailments and a little R&R. Distance makes the heart grow fonder and I hope once he is away from the crew and the fans for awhile that he will miss them and us just as much as we will miss him!

Gatetrixer
July 11th, 2005, 10:07 PM

I liked it when there was only one show to do a Lowdown on. With 3, and certain extent 2 (like last year) it's gets too, well too blurry for these eyes. They jump from one show to another and back again before they even make their point. Why couldn't they just divide the darn time into 3 consecutive segments of SG-1, Atlantis and BG? Well, I know why, they hoping to draw fans of one show into another, but it ain't working for me. Sorry, but aside from seeng and listening to AT, a few other things, plus the 2 Jack scenes I didn't get much out of it.

I did enjoy that question about all that walking and why there's no type of transport vehicle taken to the various planets. Been wondering about it for as long as I've watched the shows.

divcon
July 11th, 2005, 10:18 PM
WOW, you guys are great. RL has kept me away for a day or two and I've been trying to catch up. I don't think I can.

((((((((((NELL))))))))))))

You're a legend, love your s9 season openers.

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b187/divcon/iknowyou.jpg

gatebee
July 11th, 2005, 10:34 PM
It made me feel sad. That is why I didn't come to the net straight away. RDA not being there. Sam was there but the emphasis is the "tougher" Carter. Carter's personal life seems to be in the back burner. Very sad indeed.

gatebee
July 11th, 2005, 10:36 PM

I didn't watch Farscape as well. And like you I wish RDA the best. He deserves it. TPTB should have finished the ship.

gatebee
July 11th, 2005, 10:40 PM
I liked it when there was only one show to do a Lowdown on. With 3, and certain extent 2 (like last year) it's gets too, well too blurry for these eyes. They jump from one show to another and back again before they even make their point. Why couldn't they just divide the darn time into 3 consecutive segments of SG-1, Atlantis and BG? Well, I know why, they hoping to draw fans of one show into another, but it ain't working for me. Sorry, but aside from seeng and listening to AT, a few other things, plus the 2 Jack scenes I didn't get much out of it.
I sort of knew going into it that I would not get alot from it. I just watched it to see and hoped that I would not get disappointed by scifi. SGA and BS are basically riding on the tailcoat of SG1 that is why they put them all together. As I said earlier ... a very sad day for shipper.

gatebee
July 11th, 2005, 10:42 PM
http://img86.echo.cx/img86/9434/pdvd0556du.jpg

Madeleine
July 11th, 2005, 10:55 PM
I also beleive if an Actor is misquoted they should do there best to set the record straight.

How would they know they are being misquoted? If it's on the internet, well there are so many sites and you can't expect an actor / PTB to visit them all.

And if it's a magazine / lowdown that changes, say, "we miss Rick a lot, but other than that we're the happiest we've ever been" to "we're the happiest we've ever been"... well what should that actor do then? If the lowdown producer has already got another person saying they miss Rick, then it makes sense in a 20 minute segment for the duplication to be cut so that viewers can hear something *new*. So then how can it be 'set straight'? Ditto with magazine interviews. I s'pose CJ could say to his next interviewer "look, it's really important to me that you put in the article that we all miss RDA", the interviewer might privately think that it's really important to her to get an interesting article full of new stuff and under her 500 word allowance. And ignore him.

It really doesn't hurt anyone to give actors and PTBs the benefit of the doubt. Why more people don't do it I really don't understand.

divcon
July 11th, 2005, 10:58 PM
Hey Gatebee, good to see you're here. Are you having problems with your pics or is the problem at my end, nto receiving them. Don't get the 'Lowdown' here but from the sounds of it I haven't realy missed much. I will be eargerly reading everything you guys post on the evening of the 15th and I'm sure for days after in regards to the opener of season 9. Lots and lots of spoilers please. :) :)

I too, along with all our shipper family will greatly miss the on-screen chemistry between RDA & AT that brought to life the undying love of Jack and Sam. RDA will be sorely missed. :( :( I really hope that tptb give us something to let us know that Jack and Sam, if not already together, are heading in the right direction. ;) :D :rolleyes:

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b187/divcon/stayathome.jpg

*Jack and Sam getting ready to settle in for the night and watch some tv together*

gatebee
July 11th, 2005, 11:03 PM
Hey Gatebee, good to see you're here. Are you having problems with your pics or is the problem at my end, nto receiving them. Don't get the 'Lowdown' here but from the sounds of it I haven't realy missed much. I will be eargerly reading everything you guys post on the evening of the 15th and I'm sure for days after in regards to the opener of season 9. Lots and lots of spoilers please. :) :)

I too, along with all our shipper family will greatly miss the on-screen chemistry between RDA & AT that brought to life the undying love of Jack and Sam. RDA will be sorely missed. :( :( I really hope that tptb give us something to let us know that Jack and Sam, if not already together, are heading in the right direction. ;) :D :rolleyes:

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b187/divcon/stayathome.jpg

*Jack and Sam getting ready to settle in for the night and watch some tv together*
Divcon, you didn't really miss anything. Lowdown was a putdown for shippers. AT was there and she looks good. RDA had tiny bit. As I said earlier .... I am very sad about it. S9 .... if the lowdown is the marker , I will not expect much .
You can't see my pics. Weird cause I can see it on my screen. Must be ny photobucket cause they are down right now. I guess not a very good night for me all in all.
SAM AND JACK FOREVER .... ALWAYS

divcon
July 11th, 2005, 11:10 PM
Divcon, you didn't really miss anything. Lowdown was a putdown for shippers. AT was there and she looks good. RDA had tiny bit. As I said earlier .... I am very sad about it. S9 .... if the lowdown is the marker , I will not expect much .
You can't see my pics. Weird cause I can see it on my screen. Must be ny photobucket cause they are down right now. I guess not a very good night for me all in all.
SAM AND JACK FOREVER .... ALWAYS

Hey, pics are just the icing on a very well made conversation cake. Love talking to eveyone in the ship family. BTW can you see my pics? :D :D Did the hurricane hit where you live or were you safe there. Also how's your daughter doing?

gatebee
July 11th, 2005, 11:20 PM
Hey, pics are just the icing on a very well made conversation cake. Love talking to eveyone in the ship family. BTW can you see my pics? :D :D Did the hurricane hit where you live or were you safe there. Also how's your daughter doing?
I can see you Sam and Jack ship pic. I want to fill up the thread right now with tons of Sam and Jack but photobucket down.
daughter is ok and hurricane missed our city. I hope we will be lucky for the rest of the season.

divcon
July 11th, 2005, 11:28 PM
Gotta go and start dinner now. Should be back in a few hours, so you'll probably be gone so I'll say goodnight to you now. Here's something to dream of.

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b187/divcon/samsback.jpg

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b187/divcon/gracekiss2.jpg

*They're repeats, but honestly, who cares!!*

majorsal
July 12th, 2005, 12:50 AM
just finished watching the new scifi friday special thingie (i recorded it to watch later). anyhoo...

spoilers for s8 and s9

this is what amanda said in her interview part:

"This year will be about her professional career. I think it was important to show this woman struggling with trying to create a life for herself as well as doing the best she can in her career, cause she’s been so career-driven. And I think it was important to show that yes, she does want a life. But I think if we focus too much on that we take away from the strength of the character which is that she’s this incredible scientist and soldier. And that she’s passionate about what she does. And she’s good at what she does.

It’s time to up the body count. She needs to be carrying her gun a bit more. (giggling)"

i LOVED seeing scenes of sam and jack kissing! :D it was from moebius 2 and they showed it twice! :D

i HATED seeing pete again! this was in the same interview from above. they showed sam and pete kissing (from affinity), and then sam and pete at the wherehouse (same ep). yuck to showing him again. :(

overall, i was alright with the special. my mom wasn't. she said it was too silly.

oh, got a glimpse of vala... god help us. this is low humor and the dreaded seven-of-nine affliction. you know, sex up something upfront instead of subtle. *sigh*

but i LOVED seeing sam and jack kiss again! :D

Catysg1
July 12th, 2005, 01:45 AM
Hello shippers :)

Can't be on the net much those days ..RL + catching up on the "Lost " series but looks like US fans specially shippers were in general disappointed about the Lowdown for season 9 .

May be spoilers !!!!Speculation !!!!

I read a few posts and it was expected for Sam love's life to be in the back burner , which is fine . It will be nice to have Sam character kicking A$$es , carrying a gun ..but they really still need to show her romantic side from time to time and that should be related to Jack and no one else . I hope/think they'll do that but we may not hear much of it at all . I was watching an episode of JAG the other day , where Harm and Mac didn't work together for the entire Episode..Mac was with Bud and Harm was on his own ..Anyway ..there was this scene at Harm's appartment and he was talking to Mattie ( 15 year old girl ..Harm became her Guardian ) and Mattie asked Harm about Mac and his relationship to her ..She even asked Harm if he loved Mac ..and he did say " Yes , I love her" and they carried on talking about Mac for another minute and how Harm and Mac were working at the complicated relationship ....

Now All I'm saying is I hope that we'll have a similar scene with let's say Sam and Teal'c ....not to keen on Daniel/Sam having that kind of chat ..but Sam/Teal'c would be awesome .. Teal'c has always been there for Sam in personal crisis, a shoulder to cry on .

Of course I don't want to even see Sam cry in season 9 at all because she will be with Jack and happy but to let us know through Sam/ Teal'c chats how she is coping with the distanced relationship will be a perfect way to carry on the ship ..until Jack comes back for the end of season 9 for some visual impact . :)

divcon
July 12th, 2005, 02:00 AM

Can't be on the net much those days ..RL + catching up on the "Lost " series but looks like US fans specially shippers were in general disappointed about the Lowdown for season 9 .

I read a few posts and it was expected for Sam love's life to be in the back burner , which is fine . It will be nice to have Sam character kicking A$$es , carrying a gun ..but they really still need to show her romantic side from time to time and that should be related to Jack and no one else . I hope/think they'll do that but we may not hear much of it at all . I was watching an episode of JAG the other day , where Harm and Mac didn't work together for the entire Episode..Mac was with Bud and Harm was on his own ..Anyway ..there was this scene at Harm's appartment and he was talking to Mattie ( 15 year old girl ..Harm became her Guardian ) and Mattie asked Harm about Mac and his relationship to her ..She even asked Harm if he loved Mac ..and he did say " Yes , I love her" and they carried on talking about Mac for another minute and how Harm and Mac were working at the complicated relationship ....

Now All I'm saying is I hope that we'll have a similar scene with let's say Sam and Teal'c ....not to keen on Daniel/Sam having that kind of chat ..but Sam/Teal'c would be awesome .. Teal'c has always been there for Sam in personal crisis, a shoulder to cry on .

Of course I don't want to even see Sam cry in season 9 at all because she will be with Jack and happy but to let us know through Sam/ Teal'c chats how she is coping with the distanced relationship will be a perfect way to carry on the ship ..until Jack comes back for the end of season 9 for some visual impact . :)

Caty, I think that's a great idea. Often Teal'c has seen the emtional side of Jack and Sam's 'relationship'. He would be a great person for her to talk to.

Teal'c: Col. Carter, how is O'Neill?
Sam: You know Teal'c, he's doing fine. He rang me last night.
Teal'c: Are you missing him greatly?
Sam: Yeah I am Teal'c but we talk every night and he tries to make it here every few weeks. It's hard but we're working on it.
Teal'c: I am glad to hear that Col. Carter.

misstweedledee
July 12th, 2005, 02:59 AM
misstweedledee, I think we'd all be very interested in seeing that! Could you post the link?

hey *waves*

I'd love to post the link, but unfortunatly its a screen name so there ist a link,and also there is the chance someone was just doing it as a wind up.
I sent them an E-mail and will let u know if and when the reply.

misstweedledee
July 12th, 2005, 03:03 AM
Okay see now I need to know WHERE you read this and in what context it was worded...

Hmmmm...

Hey *waves*

It was a msn screen name

and it was worded exactly like that, but like a said, you can right anything in a screen name so someone could have decided to make it up and mess with us.

still trying to find more info tho, will share as soon as i know more :)

shipper hannah
July 12th, 2005, 03:37 AM

i wish that they would do something like that on sg1... :cool:
..i also wish they'd show jag on terrestrial cos i want to watch it now!!! :S

pittsburghgirl
July 12th, 2005, 03:52 AM
i wish that they would do something like that on sg1... :cool:
..i also wish they'd show jag on terrestrial cos i want to watch it now!!! :S
I also wish they would have done the same-and especially last season-they knew that RDA would not be back-they could have done something-and now these same guys are playing this game on Atlantis. rosemary

divcon
July 12th, 2005, 05:09 AM
Jack are they ever going to figure out that we love one another. :) :)

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b187/divcon/215_025thracejackandsam.jpg

trupi
July 12th, 2005, 05:13 AM
It made me feel sad. That is why I didn't come to the net straight away. RDA not being there. Sam was there but the emphasis is the "tougher" Carter. Carter's personal life seems to be in the back burner. Very sad indeed.
I'm sorry the ship has to be put on the back burner, I'll miss the romantic scenes but it has it's silver lining also. If they are moving away from Carter's personal life then they won't be dropping male guest stars at her feet. This could mean that she has a stable relationship (we know with whom) and isn't on the make any longer. Now all she has to deal with, is her career development because she know who has her heart. The shipper family may not get any lovely scenes for awhile but I think in the ship will pop-up out of the blue again. JM has done this before to us and he will do it again. He keeping us baited (like the fish which is chasing the worm on the hook). However, he better allow us to catch that worm real soon because this big fish will start hurting in clearer water real soon! ;)

Rogue
July 12th, 2005, 05:44 AM

I don't mind as long as I know Jack is still in the picture. IMO, these guys don't write women or romance very well.

pittsburghgirl
July 12th, 2005, 06:09 AM
I don't mind as long as I know Jack is still in the picture. IMO, these guys don't write women or romance very well.
I am however under the opinion that whatever part Jack plays this season will have nothing to do with Sam. Unfortunately there never is any follow thru, consequences or continuity on relationships with this show. It is very slap dash. If they are going to ignore the interpersonal stuff-then just make sure you tell a good story-something they haven't done the last 2 years.

nell
July 12th, 2005, 07:07 AM
I am however under the opinion that whatever part Jack plays this season will have nothing to do with Sam. Unfortunately there never is any follow thru, consequences or continuity on relationships with this show. It is very slap dash. If they are going to ignore the interpersonal stuff-then just make sure you tell a good story-something they haven't done the last 2 years.

I agree with you 100%. The writers have never with the exception of Season 8 but Threads was a rush ship jobdeveloped substantial relationships. I am not familiar with JAG but in the recent Farscape series, the writers did a very good job of developing the UST between John Crichton and Aeryn. I could feel it and see it. The RST was terrific although they used John's clone firstly but they got it right in the end reuniting John and Aeryn. Sure there was angst. I'm OK with angst. But, then there was romance and love. But, I'll continue to watch Season 9 and hope for the little crumbs they send our way. I won't give up. But I also like SG-1 for action, adventure and Ben. I gotta see Ben!! But, RDA is still The Man!!! :D

blueiris
July 12th, 2005, 07:10 AM
just finished watching the new scifi friday special thingie (i recorded it to watch later). anyhoo...

spoilers for s8 and s9

this is what amanda said in her interview part:

"This year will be about her professional career. I think it was important to show this woman struggling with trying to create a life for herself as well as doing the best she can in her career, cause she’s been so career-driven. And I think it was important to show that yes, she does want a life. But I think if we focus too much on that we take away from the strength of the character which is that she’s this incredible scientist and soldier. And that she’s passionate about what she does. And she’s good at what she does.

It’s time to up the body count. She needs to be carrying her gun a bit more. (giggling)"

i LOVED seeing scenes of sam and jack kissing! :D it was from moebius 2 and they showed it twice! :D

i HATED seeing pete again! this was in the same interview from above. they showed sam and pete kissing (from affinity), and then sam and pete at the wherehouse (same ep). yuck to showing him again. :(

overall, i was alright with the special. my mom wasn't. she said it was too silly.

oh, got a glimpse of vala... god help us. this is low humor and the dreaded seven-of-nine affliction. you know, sex up something upfront instead of subtle. *sigh*

but i LOVED seeing sam and jack kiss again! :D

Well, if they have to sex up someone, I'm glad that it won't be Sam.

Rogue
July 12th, 2005, 07:29 AM

I got that impression too.

Suzy
July 12th, 2005, 07:34 AM
It has been a long time since I made Stargate art, but with the new seasons coming up, I thought us SACK'ers could use some S/J goodness. My wallpapers can be found at Elsewhere (http://elsewhere.g33k-powered.net).

*sings* Hit the SACK, Jack and don't you go back to the friendship crap no more, no more, no more, no more lalalala....

http://elsewhere.g33k-powered.net/wallpapers/thumbs/sj_wall_thumb.jpg (http://elsewhere.g33k-powered.net/wallpapers/sj_wall.jpg)

1024x768 (http://elsewhere.g33k-powered.net/wallpapers/sj_wall.jpg)

Textures: Denrito, Hybrid Genesis, my own.
Brush: Portfelia
Screencaps: Stargatecaps.com

blueiris
July 12th, 2005, 07:37 AM
How would they know they are being misquoted? If it's on the internet, well there are so many sites and you can't expect an actor / PTB to visit them all.

And if it's a magazine / lowdown that changes, say, "we miss Rick a lot, but other than that we're the happiest we've ever been" to "we're the happiest we've ever been"... well what should that actor do then? If the lowdown producer has already got another person saying they miss Rick, then it makes sense in a 20 minute segment for the duplication to be cut so that viewers can hear something *new*. So then how can it be 'set straight'? Ditto with magazine interviews. I s'pose CJ could say to his next interviewer "look, it's really important to me that you put in the article that we all miss RDA", the interviewer might privately think that it's really important to her to get an interesting article full of new stuff and under her 500 word allowance. And ignore him.

It really doesn't hurt anyone to give actors and PTBs the benefit of the doubt. Why more people don't do it I really don't understand.

Basically, I agree. However, the makers of the Lowdown have the power, I think, to ensure that 5 seconds are devoted to acknowledging that the star of the show has left and that he will be missed. Having the new guy acknowledge him to help ease his acceptace (no disrespect to BB, I thought he was sweet) with RDA fans was included. I just feel that having someone in the cast (preferably) or one of TPTB mention that he, RDA, the former star, or at least, that Jack is gone was an important fact that should have been included in the lowdown for season 9. An informational fact for new fans of Stargate SG-1, and a respectful one for the old fans.

During AT's little speech, I was hoping she was going to mention that Sam and Jack are together now and that she is happy, so her personal life doesn't need to be addressed so much and they can focus on her professional life. Hope springs eternal. Kinda.

sueKay
July 12th, 2005, 09:28 AM
Heya

I had no idea there was another lowdown.

Can I have a hug please...I've had a very bad day.

pittsburghgirl
July 12th, 2005, 09:40 AM
Heya

but of course

*HUgs

sueKay
July 12th, 2005, 09:42 AM
(((Pittburghgirl)))

Thankyou...I'm feeling pretty horrible at the moment.

sueKay
July 12th, 2005, 09:50 AM
Just a heads up...devout shippers HAVE to see Madagascar!

spoilers for Madagascar
The penguins kick ass, go to antarctica...and get this...one of them was called Kawalsky! Oh and a duck dies!

pittsburghgirl
July 12th, 2005, 10:02 AM

spoilers for Madagascar
The penguins kick ass, go to antarctica...and get this...one of them was called Kawalsky! Oh and a duck dies!
that was cute! must have been thinking about us.

gatebee
July 12th, 2005, 10:02 AM
(((Pittburghgirl)))

Thankyou...I'm feeling pretty horrible at the moment.
SueKay hope you feel better ...
http://bestsmileys.com/hugging/4.gif
Sam and Jack Forever ...... Always

sueKay
July 12th, 2005, 10:05 AM
Thanks guys

I saw someone drown today, and it was horrible. They just dissappeared.

gatebee
July 12th, 2005, 10:06 AM
It has been a long time since I made Stargate art, but with the new seasons coming up, I thought us SACK'ers could use some S/J goodness. My wallpapers can be found at Elsewhere (http://elsewhere.g33k-powered.net).

*sings* Hit the SACK, Jack and don't you go back to the friendship crap no more, no more, no more, no more lalalala....

http://elsewhere.g33k-powered.net/wallpapers/thumbs/sj_wall_thumb.jpg (http://elsewhere.g33k-powered.net/wallpapers/sj_wall.jpg)

1024x768 (http://elsewhere.g33k-powered.net/wallpapers/sj_wall.jpg)

Textures: Denrito, Hybrid Genesis, my own.
Brush: Portfelia
Screencaps: Stargatecaps.com
Love the wallpaper ....with S9 going the way it is.... we shippers have to keep our dreams with past eps

Rogue
July 12th, 2005, 10:21 AM
Heya

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v474/mkmoulder/Stargate/heros2.gif

Rogue
July 12th, 2005, 10:23 AM
Love the wallpaper ....with S9 going the way it is.... we shippers have to keep our dreams with past eps

Look like we will definitly have to fill in the blanks with our own shippy scenes.

pittsburghgirl
July 12th, 2005, 10:32 AM
Look like we will definitly have to fill in the blanks with our own shippy scenes.
ah fan fics, imagination wall paper-there is another group I know of that are doing a virtual season 9-starting on the 15th as well-and some well known fan fic writers is involved. anybody interested in knowing-give me a holler

girlgater
July 12th, 2005, 10:33 AM
Thanks guys

I saw someone drown today, and it was horrible. They just dissappeared.

How horrible!! (((((sueKay)))))

Was it someone you knew?

sueKay
July 12th, 2005, 10:35 AM
I don't know yet...I live in a tourist area and we had a lot of people up because of the heatwave...It could be, but probably not. I couldn't see who was in the water.

sueKay
July 12th, 2005, 11:07 AM
Heads up

Open Invitation to all shippers

The Gate Ship

a new forum dedicated to ship...It is completely PRISTINE! I'm registering just now. It'ds run by someone we all know and it's brand new...untouched...and there for us to run amok in!

http://forums.cjb.net/sg1gateship.html

have a look around...I'm going to go and get comfy!

mad_gater
July 12th, 2005, 11:34 AM
Nell - you are on a roll!! :D :D Bring on part 4!! LOL :) :p
*comes in coughing and brushing dust off his body*

Sheesh!!!! Stupid GW upgrades!!!! Cuz of them I'll never catch up and will now have to skip over the numerous pages of posts!!!!

GW runs slow enough as it is over dial-up!! And these upgrades are causing even MORE slowness!!!! :mad:

GREAT POST NELL!!!!!!!! :D:D:D

mad_gater
July 12th, 2005, 11:51 AM
Shippy Opener for Season 9 - Part 4

I'll keep going until I run out of steam or you all beg me to stop!!! Hee, hee!!

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y209/cilljill/HeroesI_030W.jpg

Sam: So, Daniel still has hurt feelings? Aw, now I'm feeling guilty.

Jack: No, Sam, he'll get over it. I can't believe he didn't notice how much we wanted to fish all these years.

Sam: Jack, he's very sensitive. We have to make it up to him. We have to tell him that things don't have to change now that we're fishing. The four of us are first and always friends.

Jack: For crying out loud! What do we have to do now?

Sam: Let's take Daniel out to dinner. We have to patch things up. You're leaving for the Pentagon soon and I'm still on his team.

Jack: OK. Danny-boy deserves that. I just wish he'd stop pouting!

I'm gonna add a little something to that last line:

Jack: OK. Danny-boy deserves that. I just wish he'd stop pouting! I think Oma took away his adulthood along with his clothes when she returned him! He's acting like a spoilt 2 yr. old!!

mad_gater
July 12th, 2005, 11:57 AM
ah fan fics, imagination wall paper-there is another group I know of that are doing a virtual season 9-starting on the 15th as well-and some well known fan fic writers is involved. anybody interested in knowing-give me a holler
Speaking of virtual stargate....

There is a virtual fanfic stargate spinoff series called "Stargate: Horizon." It's very interesting. The "episodes" are basically just fanfics by the "producer" and his "staff" in official-looking script form.

the website for this virtual series is http://www.stargatehorizon.com

I have an idea for the "producer" since I think he's written S/J fic as well:

Maybe he can have Sam and Jack appear as guests in an episode travelling on the Prometheus....married!! :D:D:D:D:D:D

Queen Eleta
July 12th, 2005, 12:01 PM
As I have been reading interviews and watching whatnot about Season 9, everyone seems a bit, defensive. It reminds me of how everyone was covering their butts when Duchoveny left the X-files. Same sort of stuff. They knew the show was over, but hoped they could talk everyone into believing it wasn't. Stargate has a little bit more hope than that, but not much if you ask me. RDA leaving and changing the show as radically as they claim to be could be a mistake.

pittsburghgirl
July 12th, 2005, 12:27 PM
I am probably taking my life in my hands here-but after reading and thinking about what they wrote in Sam's bio in the primer on gateworld-i decided to throw in my two cents worth and asked I am sure that you have heard the grumbling about Sam's biography in the Primer-what were you guys thinking when you wrote about Sam and her "boyfriends" and mentioned her relationship with Jack on hers-but neglected to mention his relationship with her in his???

In my opinion you are once again taking a major swipe at a character that has been pretty much degraded the last two seasons.

Should would seem more appropriate if you didn't mention her "relationships" at all or mentioned the same in Jack's.

Just my take on things.

it just annoyed me to no end.

Billie
July 12th, 2005, 12:37 PM

Thankyou, thankyou, thankyou nell you have cheered my day you lovely shipper friend you!! :D :D
Pants day at work = glum Billie :( .....but now all I can think about is a certain gorgeous chocolate brown eyed General and a certain tall, blonde, brilliant, Lieutenant Colonel doing what they so do best.....fishing!!
:) Be still my shipper beating heart!! :)

girlgater
July 12th, 2005, 01:02 PM
I am probably taking my life in my hands here-but after reading and thinking about what they wrote in Sam's bio in the primer on gateworld-i decided to throw in my two cents worth and asked I am sure that you have heard the grumbling about Sam's biography in the Primer-what were you guys thinking when you wrote about Sam and her "boyfriends" and mentioned her relationship with Jack on hers-but neglected to mention his relationship with her in his???

In my opinion you are once again taking a major swipe at a character that has been pretty much degraded the last two seasons.

Should would seem more appropriate if you didn't mention her "relationships" at all or mentioned the same in Jack's.

Just my take on things.

it just annoyed me to no end.

It is strange that they focused on the relationship part of Sam's character so much and said nothing about it on Jack's bio. I guess they were focused on explaining why he was departing and failed to even include the fact that they guy did have a personal relationship with one of his staff. Kinda sounds like a cover-up as to not disparage his character, but look at what a silly female Sam is. What makes it even more goofy is the fact that generally the people who read the primer are individuals that have seen the show and have gone searching for a source on the web. Even a dense person can see what was going on after watching only a few episodes. It doesn't take a shipper to see the attachment between Sam/Jack.

Sorry for jumping in on this topic if it's already been discussed; I guess I'm late.

SamCarterONeill
July 12th, 2005, 01:15 PM
[QUOTE=girlgater] It doesn't take a shipper to see the attachment between Sam/Jack.[QUOTE]

AGREED!!!! :D :D :D

Billie
July 12th, 2005, 01:25 PM

Caty you have inspired a thought (congrats to you coz that isn't an easy thing to do where I'm concerned!! :) )
...'how she is coping with the distanced relationship' got me thinking that, after all that sam and jack have been through and the obvious fact that they love eachother (deep shippy sigh) how on earth can there NOT be any shippy references to jack in S9. Sam has got to be missing him dreadfully FCOL and it would be very odd that her emotional struggle is not conveyed on screen in some way.
Also liking your thoughts of it being between sam and teal'c as I think he truly understands how hard it has been for them having to be warriors first and foremost at the expense of their personal relationship.

Fingers and toes crossed for S9!! :D :D Looking forward to all the spoilers provided by our lovely US shipper contingent!! :p

florence
July 12th, 2005, 01:37 PM

spoilers for Madagascar

Yes, I've seen it too and it's so damn funny ! Actually, I took the pretexte to take my godchildren to go and see that movie to see it too :p
When I saw the trailer and the penguins, I knew I had to see that movie ! :D
Look at their names : Kowalski, Skipper, Private, Rico Now, if that's not a wink to the shippers, I don't know what it is ! :p :D

Billie
July 12th, 2005, 02:35 PM
How bout a little Jack loves sam picture story..... :)

Spoilers S7 Death Knell - LOVE IT!!!!!!! :D :D

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a57/pcbillie/dknel.jpg
'Jack....Sam's missing'
http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a57/pcbillie/dknell3.jpg
Please be ok Sam, I can't bear to lose you now when I haven't had the chance
to tell you that I love you
http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a57/pcbillie/djnell5.jpg
I'm coming Sam!
http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a57/pcbillie/dknell6.jpg
Thinking about hurting my Sam...think again pal
http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a57/pcbillie/dknell7.jpg
I love you Sam

majorAl
July 12th, 2005, 02:37 PM
hey gys just doing a quick check in.

- sg atlantis stanrt here on friday. i hope i like ,i want to but it's hard- being so atached to the old series as i am.

it will be werid having the same concept but all new characters

- any views on atlantis?

any shippy action?

hope all you lucky sg1 s9er's are enjoying it although it must be really wierd without rda.

not sure how i'm gona coupe with that

by the way whats rda spending more time on now that he's not so much with sg?

Ship Nana
July 12th, 2005, 02:40 PM

[IMG]http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a57/pcbillie/dknel.jpg[/IMG
'Jack....Sam's missing'
[IMG]http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a57/pcbillie/dknell3.jpg[/IMG
[IMG]http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a57/pcbillie/djnell5.jpg[/IMG
I'm coming Sam!
[IMG]http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a57/pcbillie/dknell6.jpg[/IMG
[IMG]http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a57/pcbillie/dknell7.jpg[/IMG
I love you Sam

Oh I just LOVED your bedtime love story. Especially ones with happy endings!

Got another one?!

Somnium
July 12th, 2005, 02:51 PM
Caty you have inspired a thought (congrats to you coz that isn't an easy thing to do where I'm concerned!! :) )
...'how she is coping with the distanced relationship' got me thinking that, after all that sam and jack have been through and the obvious fact that they love eachother (deep shippy sigh) how on earth can there NOT be any shippy references to jack in S9. Sam has got to be missing him dreadfully FCOL and it would be very odd that her emotional struggle is not conveyed on screen in some way.
Also liking your thoughts of it being between sam and teal'c as I think he truly understands how hard it has been for them having to be warriors first and foremost at the expense of their personal relationship.

Fingers and toes crossed for S9!! :D :D Looking forward to all the spoilers provided by our lovely US shipper contingent!! :p

I was sooooooooo thinking along the same lines :D Love the pic story too just needed a big honkin ship kiss on the end ;)

Billie
July 12th, 2005, 02:59 PM
hey gys just doing a quick check in.

- sg atlantis stanrt here on friday. i hope i like ,i want to but it's hard- being so atached to the old series as i am.

it will be werid having the same concept but all new characters

- any views on atlantis?

any shippy action?

hope all you lucky sg1 s9er's are enjoying it although it must be really wierd without rda.

not sure how i'm gona coupe with that

by the way whats rda spending more time on now that he's not so much with sg?

Hooray majorAl, Ship Nana and Somnium are here! :) Was thinking I was on my lonesome :(

In answer to your questions MA -

- Its worth checking out Atlantis...I felt the same as you being such a fan of SG1 but have enjoyed A.

- Plenty of shippy action here amongst our lovely shipper family but we still await what S9 brings

- RDA is spending time with his daughter but is obviously gonna miss his SG1 family so much that he's gonna return for some HUGE shippy Jack/Sam resolution in S9 or S10!! :p :) (just my hopes and wishes so go with me on this one!!)

Ship Nana and Somnium - glad you enjoyed my little piccy love story! Hold fire for a Sam version! :D :D Oohhhh what fun!!!!! :D

wynter
July 12th, 2005, 03:25 PM
hey guys been away on holiday,so got back today thought i would check in.

Suekay you are right about madagascar funny film,penguins were on the way to kick tptb but got lost.

How long till shipper day,I always forget but then again i have 4 birthdays, a wedding and the end of school term for my children so please forgive me if i asked to be reminded.

How cheesy is this,away on holiday lying on the beach,when i picked up a mills and boon book,well what fun i had imagining that the characters were sam and jack,ok i know they are cheesy books but hey made up for missing my fan fics.

Well need to catch up on posts.......

see ya later guys xx

wynterxx

I would just like to say my thoughts are with London and all the families that have been affected by the tragedy that happened last week....

I was away so i'm sorry that its late.

Somnium
July 12th, 2005, 03:28 PM
Hooray majorAl, Ship Nana and Somnium are here! :) Was thinking I was on my lonesome :(

In answer to your questions MA -

- Its worth checking out Atlantis...I felt the same as you being such a fan of SG1 but have enjoyed A.

- Plenty of shippy action here amongst our lovely shipper family but we still await what S9 brings

- RDA is spending time with his daughter but is obviously gonna miss his SG1 family so much that he's gonna return for some HUGE shippy Jack/Sam resolution in S9 or S10!! :p :) (just my hopes and wishes so go with me on this one!!)

Ship Nana and Somnium - glad you enjoyed my little piccy love story! Hold fire for a Sam version! :D :D Oohhhh what fun!!!!! :D

Ohhh goody a Sam version cant wait, purleeese can we get That Big Honkin Kiss then (begs) I like a happy ending :D

ses110
July 12th, 2005, 03:34 PM
Caty a scene like that would be great.I just hope TPTB have Jack mentioned from time to time.I still hope we get to see Jack in the Season finale.I think there's a great chance RDA will appear in some Season 10 episodes so I'll try to stick with Season 9.When Sam and Jack get together I want to be able to say I stuck it out till the end.It was good to hear Sam will be returing to tough Carter.If TPTB stay away from all the guest Stars falling for Sam the Sam character will be ok.

Billie
July 12th, 2005, 03:37 PM
Ship Nana hope you are still here coz here's piccy love story sam style!! :) :) ....

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a57/pcbillie/plost3.jpg
Where are you Jack?? I need you
http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a57/pcbillie/plost7.jpg
Hey, don't you even think about giving up, Jack not coming home is not an option
http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a57/pcbillie/plost8.jpg
What am I gonna do Teal'c if he doesn't come home.....
http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a57/pcbillie/plost9.jpg
I love him, I miss him so much...

Billie
July 12th, 2005, 03:49 PM
Ohhh goody a Sam version cant wait, purleeese can we get That Big Honkin Kiss then (begs) I like a happy ending :D

Oops sorry S, missed the big honkin kiss off the end so here is an added extra...I know we've all seen it before but WE LOVE IT!!!!! :D :D
Spoiler S8 M2
http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a57/pcbillie/honkinkiss.jpg

and they both lived happily ever after!!! WHOO HOO!!!! :p :) ;)

Grace O'Neill
July 12th, 2005, 04:05 PM

'Jack....Sam's missing'
I'm coming Sam!
I love you Sam

OHHH WOW!!!! :D :D :D HOW COOL!!!

I especially like the part where he calls her MY Sam!!! ;)

sugarshaker
July 12th, 2005, 04:20 PM
It is strange that they focused on the relationship part of Sam's character so much and said nothing about it on Jack's bio. I guess they were focused on explaining why he was departing and failed to even include the fact that they guy did have a personal relationship with one of his staff. Kinda sounds like a cover-up as to not disparage his character, but look at what a silly female Sam is.

Sorry for jumping in on this topic if it's already been discussed; I guess I'm late.

I'm late too - as in can't even think about trying to catch up. :S Maybe they focused on explaining Sam's relationship because that's the one they so totally mucked up. Notice how they keep explaining it and explaining it, but it just keeps getting worse no matter what?

Gatetrixer
July 12th, 2005, 04:26 PM
I think like MS, RDA needs time to baby his ailments and a little R&R. Distance makes the heart grow fonder and I hope once he is away from the crew and the fans for awhile that he will miss them and us just as much as we will miss him!

I don't quite see the analogy between MS and RDA as far as the reasons they are leaving (left). At any rate, I second your hope that he will miss being Jack and all that goes with it as much as we miss him.

Billie
July 12th, 2005, 04:26 PM
Well....have I had fun this evening or what!! :) ;) Time to bid you all a goodnight thou as the old eyes are drooping and I seem to be hitting five keys at once (could make for an interesting post I admit!!)

Sweet dreams shippers everywhere..... :p

majorsal
July 12th, 2005, 04:29 PM
I also wish they would have done the same-and especially last season-they knew that RDA would not be back-they could have done something-and now these same guys are playing this game on Atlantis. rosemary

which is why i didn't watch atlantis from the get-go.

majorsal
July 12th, 2005, 04:31 PM
I'm sorry the ship has to be put on the back burner, I'll miss the romantic scenes but it has it's silver lining also. If they are moving away from Carter's personal life then they won't be dropping male guest stars at her feet. This could mean that she has a stable relationship (we know with whom) and isn't on the make any longer. Now all she has to deal with, is her career development because she know who has her heart. The shipper family may not get any lovely scenes for awhile but I think in the ship will pop-up out of the blue again. JM has done this before to us and he will do it again. He keeping us baited (like the fish which is chasing the worm on the hook). However, he better allow us to catch that worm real soon because this big fish will start hurting in clearer water real soon! ;)

the future has hope. i believe it without a shadow of a doubt.

bring on the ship! :D

sally :D

LOL4JACK
July 12th, 2005, 05:09 PM

'Jack....Sam's missing'
I'm coming Sam!
I love you Sam

((((Billie))))) This is so great, shippy and funny....

sg-1fanintn
July 12th, 2005, 05:15 PM
Thanks for voting in the Favorite Episodes Tournament! But your support is still needed. The game is in Round 28 now. Thanks to your votes, Divide & Conquer (the holy grail of J/S shippiness) is still in the running.

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthre...?t=12889&page=1
Bloodlines was eliminated in Round 27.

Be careful! If you accidentally vote for an ep that has already been eliminated, none of your votes will count in that round.

ses110
July 12th, 2005, 05:19 PM
Sally I agree.I think as Shippers we need to hold on for Season 9.Season 9 will be very tough as far as Ship.I'am trying to prepare for a very lite Ship Season.We at least have AT and with luck RDA for the Season finale.I forgot which interview but RC made it sound he expected RDA to return in Season 10.It would be great to get at least 5 episodes in Season 10.It would make things easier if we got some Sam and Jack Phone calls are Sam talking about Jack throughout the Season.I think if RDA was never comming back it would be easy to walk away from the Show.We still have our Ship resolution comming.

trupi
July 12th, 2005, 05:29 PM
Did anyone else read the new update on the main page "Media Blitz on SciFi Friday"? Read it and see if there is anything that makes the hairs on the back of your neck stand-up!

LOL4JACK
July 12th, 2005, 05:39 PM
Even a dense person can see what was going on after watching only a few episodes. It doesn't take a shipper to see the attachment between Sam/Jack.

Girlgater, you are so right, I just got S1 in DVD... and I have to say I'm just amazed of how much ship there was.

S/J where flirting with each other and Sam was much more relaxed with Jack than she is today.

I also saw COTG for the first time... I know, another first and O M G, there is so much ship, now I know what people mean by the briefing room scene!!!!

They belong together since Day 1

pittsburghgirl
July 12th, 2005, 06:16 PM
apologies in advance to the list

suekay-empty your mailbox-but here is the link you wanted.

http://www.vs9.jackfic.com/

ses110
July 12th, 2005, 06:22 PM
I wanted to run something by the Shippers.If it was up to me I would have introduced the Ori in Moebius and have the Ori Kidnap Jack.Instead of Jack appearing in episodes 1 and 3 have Jack in the last 2 episodes and have a Cliffhanger that gets resolved in Season 10.I think we could have gotten some great Sam angst and setup some great tension with Sam Daniel and Teal'c with Landry Vala and Mitchell.I think that would have created alot more anticipation for Season 9.

gatebee
July 12th, 2005, 06:24 PM

'Jack....Sam's missing'
I'm coming Sam!
I love you Sam
great love story .... TPTB make our dreams come true

Uber
July 12th, 2005, 06:32 PM
Did anyone else read the new update on the main page "Media Blitz on SciFi Friday"? Read it and see if there is anything that makes the hairs on the back of your neck stand-up!If you mean hair stand up in the extremely irked kinda way...then yup...

ses110
July 12th, 2005, 06:56 PM
JM is online and he answered a question I had regarding Jack and the Moebius episode.

Rogue
July 12th, 2005, 07:05 PM
Did anyone else read the new update on the main page "Media Blitz on SciFi Friday"? Read it and see if there is anything that makes the hairs on the back of your neck stand-up!

more like sick at my stomach

nell
July 12th, 2005, 07:09 PM

'Jack....Sam's missing'
I'm coming Sam!
I love you Sam

Hey Billie, Thanks for your kind words. Isn't it fun to write to the pictures??? Hee, Hee! Your version of Death Knell is just as it should've been :p FCOL!!!!! ;)

sg-1fanintn
July 12th, 2005, 07:10 PM

spoilers for Madagascar

Yes.....and did you hear the line, "The penguins are psychotic!"?

Kinda made me think of us.....and how we get over "our" show sometimes.

Can't rep you right now, (((((sueKay))))), but I'm sorry you had a bad day. Consider yourself hugged!

nell
July 12th, 2005, 07:15 PM
Ship Nana hope you are still here coz here's piccy love story sam style!! :) :) ....

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a57/pcbillie/plost3.jpg
Where are you Jack?? I need you
http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a57/pcbillie/plost7.jpg
Hey, don't you even think about giving up, Jack not coming home is not an option
http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a57/pcbillie/plost8.jpg
What am I gonna do Teal'c if he doesn't come home.....
http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a57/pcbillie/plost9.jpg
I love him, I miss him so much...

Billie, You're on a roll!!!!!! :D

sg-1fanintn
July 12th, 2005, 07:20 PM

Looks like we're all in agreement.....grrr!*

* (grizzly, not grisly)

Terrarin
July 12th, 2005, 07:36 PM
Hellooooo, everyone.
I just took a peak at that "Stargate Primer" posted on the homepage and in the chapter about Sam, there is a statement:
========="It is likely that her muted relationship with Jack O'Neill will continue, with the General's new position in Homeworld Security still being over Sam in the chain of command --" ============

1.This may have been discussed a few days ago, but I've been away awhile, if it has,feel free to just tell me to go off and search this thread (give me a hint of date though).

2. Many of us are non-military and hoped that somehow, the Chn/Cmd problem would no longer exist. I've noticed a lot of recently published fanfic authors felt the same way.

3. What does 'muted' mean in this context?
3a. Related question, who wrote this primer? (I have no knowledge about who writes much of the GW material.)
3b. The 'muted' thing makes me think worry...according to its definition: "Nothing will be heard"

mad_gater
July 12th, 2005, 08:13 PM
Hellooooo, everyone.
I just took a peak at that "Stargate Primer" posted on the homepage and in the chapter about Sam, there is a statement:
========="It is likely that her muted relationship with Jack O'Neill will continue, with the General's new position in Homeworld Security still being over Sam in the chain of command --" ============

1.This may have been discussed a few days ago, but I've been away awhile, if it has,feel free to just tell me to go off and search this thread (give me a hint of date though).

2. Many of us are non-military and hoped that somehow, the Chn/Cmd problem would no longer exist. I've noticed a lot of recently published fanfic authors felt the same way.

3. What does 'muted' mean in this context?
3a. Related question, who wrote this primer? (I have no knowledge about who writes much of the GW material.)
3b. The 'muted' thing makes me think worry...according to its definition: "Nothing will be heard"
GRRRRRR!!!!! You'd think that this new position would've taken care of the chain of command issue!!!!

Stupid military...seems like almost any part of the military is in the direct chain of command of every other part of the military....esp. when you're a general.

ses110
July 12th, 2005, 08:27 PM
I though since Sam would no longer report directly to Jack and Jack did not write Sam's performance reviews the Regs were not an issue.I knew there was a reason I hated Jack at Homeland Security.Quick someone clarify please I'am getting a Headache.I get the feeling it does not really matter for Season 9.I have a feeling if RDA does appear in the Season Finale or Season 10 Jack may be an Advisor or Consultant to the SGC.Lets hope that is the case so the Regs would be put to rest once and for all.

mad_gater
July 12th, 2005, 08:56 PM

'Jack....Sam's missing'
I'm coming Sam!
I love you Sam
I LOVE IT!!!!!! :D:D:D:D:D:D

Queen_Bee
July 12th, 2005, 09:04 PM
GREETINGS TO MY SHIPPER FAMILY

In previous posts i had said that i was moving to Melbourne
well here i am ....thus the reason for my long absense..

i am in much anticipation for the new season...i dont think the addiction has been quite severe as i have been internet impaired..

right now though i have to go and get ready for a dental appointment
can anyone reassure me that fillings dont hurt ??

Love and Hugs
Bee

nell
July 12th, 2005, 09:09 PM
A SHIPPY OPENER Part 8 There will be two more parts! Shippers, Jack and Sam will get what we've all been waiting for!!! Ahem, PGPGPGPGPG!!! :rolleyes:

Jack's Farewell Ceremony in the Gateroom
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y209/cilljill/jack-sam.jpg

Sam's heart is aching. Jack, the man she loves, will soon make his way up the ramp to the podium to deliver his farewell speech. Then, he will officially turn over the command of the SGC to the new general. She can't believe that he is leaving......her. They had only started fishing and now he'd be too far away for anymore trips.

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y209/cilljill/8x0120-2000333.jpg

Jack: You all know how much I love to give speeches.....not! Seriously, it has been an honor to serve with all of you fine men and women. The world doesn't know it but the reason we're all still here in one piece in our galaxy is in no small measure due to your bravery, hard work, and dedication to serve and protect all on our planet! Now I will say farewell and turn over the leadership of the Stargate Command to your new commander. I know you will show him the excellent service that I have counted on over the past year. I said I didn't love speeches and here I am prattling on. But, I do have one more thing to say. When I walked up this ramp to address you, I made a decision about the direction that I would take upon my leaving the SGC. And, I'll be damned but once I turned around to face all of you, my eye caught sight of my fishing partner, Lieutenant Colonel Sam Carter, and I knew without a doubt where I'm heading and it won't be soon enough. I hereby announce my retirement effective immediately upon my reaching the bottom of the ramp.

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y209/cilljill/8x0120-2000336.jpg

And at the bottom of the ramp stood one, Samantha Carter, ready with a smart salute for Jack O'Neill.

Jack: Colonel Carter may I have the pleasure of your company this evening to wine, dine, and plan our next fishing trip?

Sam: General O'Neill, my father once said "it's time to fish or cut bait," and I'm ready to fish!!!

Jack: Yeahsureyabetcha!!

mad_gater
July 12th, 2005, 09:20 PM
Sally I agree.I think as Shippers we need to hold on for Season 9.Season 9 will be very tough as far as Ship.I'am trying to prepare for a very lite Ship Season.We at least have AT and with luck RDA for the Season finale.I forgot which interview but RC made it sound he expected RDA to return in Season 10.It would be great to get at least 5 episodes in Season 10.It would make things easier if we got some Sam and Jack Phone calls are Sam talking about Jack throughout the Season.I think if RDA was never comming back it would be easy to walk away from the Show.We still have our Ship resolution comming.
Season 10? I should think they'd've run out of good action filled stories by then. I'd think that they only thing they can do by then is "Soapgate" episodes. :rolleyes:

Uber
July 12th, 2005, 09:28 PM
Hey! My Ingredients to Romance: Stargate Style has been nominated!!! :D

http://www.stargatefanawards.com/2005-nominationsSG1Addl.shtml

nell
July 12th, 2005, 09:39 PM

CONGRATULATIONS, UBER!!!! Your creative masterpiece rocks!!!!

Myrth
July 12th, 2005, 09:44 PM
Trust me fillings don't hurt. I had 10 done this year.... :D

GREETINGS TO MY SHIPPER FAMILY

In previous posts i had said that i was moving to Melbourne
well here i am ....thus the reason for my long absense..

i am in much anticipation for the new season...i dont think the addiction has been quite severe as i have been internet impaired..

right now though i have to go and get ready for a dental appointment
can anyone reassure me that fillings dont hurt ??

Love and Hugs
Bee

Somnium
July 12th, 2005, 11:09 PM
Oops sorry S, missed the big honkin kiss off the end so here is an added extra...I know we've all seen it before but WE LOVE IT!!!!! :D :D
Spoiler S8 M2
http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a57/pcbillie/honkinkiss.jpg

and they both lived happily ever after!!! WHOO HOO!!!! :p :) ;)

Squuuueeeeeeee! :D :D Thankyou that is the spirit! (((Billie)))

lonely_star
July 12th, 2005, 11:46 PM
I'm late! I'm just stopping by to send a lot big hugs to you SueKay !!!

(((((((((((((((((((SUEKAY))))))))))))))))))))) I hope you feel better :o

I won't be here for a few days, RL, you know...my brother's getting married ;) YAY !!! so I'll be back on sunday or monday....to read some spoilers from my dear american fellows ;)

see ya all guys later !!!! have fun shipping !!!!

divcon
July 13th, 2005, 12:12 AM
Just a quick visit guys. Been reading the back posts so here goes.

((((((((((HUGS)))))))))))) for SueKay.

Billie I love your pic stories.

Nell, those season openers get better with each new one. Keep going.

Also I just posted on the Best Episode Tournament and 'Divide and Conquer' is getting way to many votes(worst eps are voted out). Ship family UNITE and keep Divide and Conquer in.

Okay off to cook dinner, try to come back later., that's if RL and hubby don't get in the way. :D :D

Queen_Bee
July 13th, 2005, 01:11 AM
hey guys

since i have been away for a while..can some people give me some links to some new info on S9..
i have read thru GW....but anything else peoples?
thanks all
Bee

Catysg1
July 13th, 2005, 02:17 AM

SES I hope there won't be a season 10 ..blind me .. :eek: Some of the stories were bad in Season 7 ..and season 8 already ...I even wonder how come TPTB didn't see it when they edited episodes like Icon ( completelty uninteresting )..and Prometheus unboud and although funny it still showed their lack of creativity in story telling at the moment and a need to spice up the show with a character like Vala who I wonder why they didn't make more interesting . She was a sex maniac .

Caty:)

Billie
July 13th, 2005, 03:34 AM

CONGRATULATIONS UBER!!!!!
It is indeed an creative masterpiece!! :D :D

LOL4JACK
July 13th, 2005, 04:13 AM
(((( Suekay )))) I hope all is well, big and warm (((((Hugs))))

((((Queen Bee)))) welcome back, nice to see you in time for Friday's premier

(((Nell))) Keep them coming! :D

((( Uber ))), WOW, we knew it was magic from the begining, congratulations!!! http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/4/4_1_105.gif

nell
July 13th, 2005, 04:29 AM
THERE ARE 2 DAYS UNTIL THE JULY 15
SEASON PREMIERE!!!!

trupi
July 13th, 2005, 05:27 AM

Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :) :) :) :) :)

trupi
July 13th, 2005, 06:05 AM
Is this person kidding? Posting for "Media Blitz SciFi Prem."- Tonight's Best TV-Entertainment Weekly-cnn.com-"Stargate SG-1 shows it's over RDA by casting a younger hotter version of him Ben Browder". Number 1- this is not a rant to Ben Browder. He seems to be a nice guy but younger doesn't always mean better! Get your young audience but guest what? I bet you, I have more of the green stuff then the younger audience to spend! Two- Though I enjoy looking at a beautiful younger man, who can lift 300 hundred pds, I am not the Bow-Flex 50 year old grandmother (if most have seen that commercial). I'm middle age woman who connects with pains in the knees and back! We all get old and that includes the writers and other actors in SG-1. I understand with you wanting to connect with a younger audience but stop dising the older ones. I'm turning to S9 because of Beau Bridges, he's a great actor, very funny and though he has not the looks of Jeff has a great personality. RDA left the show on his own, he wants to spend time with his family. He has completed two hit shows (can any of the old members say that). Stop trying to make it look like he had to be replaced by a younger, hotter guy. Bull- du! Sorry-I didn't rant last night but took some antibiotics that knocked me out! Also, I know that what a person writes in their article doesn't necessary mean is the feelings of the writers of the show. But look how it was shown on SCIFI Lowdown. Nobody would have taken a interest in SG-1 without RDA, I'm sorry but that's my opinion. We should thank him and hope that he come home to do more lovely shippy moments with AT. Contact cnn.com and let them know how you don't appreciate those comments about RDA. Might not do anything but it won't hurt!

sueKay
July 13th, 2005, 07:02 AM
Heya!

CONGRATS UBER!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm just gonna have to wait until next year :P

Thanks for all the hugs...I'd not been feeling well for two days due to the heat and certian other things, and to see someone drown was just horrible...the guys was 23 but I could have sworn it was a teenaged boy.

What's this..."Media Blitz" everyone's fuming about???

Suz
xxxxx

pittsburghgirl
July 13th, 2005, 07:06 AM
Heya!

CONGRATS UBER!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm just gonna have to wait until next year :P

Thanks for all the hugs...I'd not been feeling well for two days due to the heat and certian other things, and to see someone drown was just horrible...the guys was 23 but I could have sworn it was a teenaged boy.

Suz
xxxxx
check GW's main page-there is a link to media blitz

sueKay
July 13th, 2005, 07:08 AM
Thanks Pittsburghgirl...I've cleared out my inbox for ya!

nickatell
July 13th, 2005, 07:48 AM
I wanted to post this earlier but the timing was bad. After reading Part Two of Executive Decisions I was shocked to see that Brad Wright had said that he and Rob had seen sparkage between Daniel and Vala and they both knew they had something and in the SciFi Special BB hinted that there might be something between himself and the new doctor, for goodness sake haven't they learned, they can't handle one relationship what makes them feel that they can handle more. Of course these relationships have no regulations standing in their way, so... Do they honestly believe that the Sam and Jack shippers are going to make a trade off for a new relationship or even risk our hearts on another relationship developed by them, I think not at least in my case that is.

Ses110 I agree with you though, if I were any of the cast I would be thanking my lucky stars for RDA and even though it would probably be my job to promote, by being positive, the new season, I would always add that he will be missed and that without his participation and fan following we wouldn't even be discussing Season 9 because there probably wouldn't have been a Season 2. I do understand that a magazine article is only as good as the writer/reporter, but it does seem funny that only Amanda's interviewers allow for sentimental comments about RDA and just about no one else... makes you wonder??????? I think the interviews that have come out with CJ and MS are lacking a whole lot of class, but who's fault is it, I guess that is anybodys guess, all I know is that if it were me I would correct it and fast.

sueKay
July 13th, 2005, 07:56 AM
Well...I'm beginning to dread the new season...I think I'm going to like Vala despite her costumes But this whole 'RDA? Who?' thing that's going on is very disconcerting. If RDA had left in season six (when he made it clear he wanted to leave) we wouldn't have had season seven, season eight, season nine or two seasons of Atlantis. RDA gave up his personal life (or at least part of it) to the show. I don't blame the producers or the actors...I blame the publicity machine behind it all. The head guys at Sci Fi...They're the one orchestrating this and I think it's damndable.

Rogue
July 13th, 2005, 08:20 AM
Well...I'm beginning to dread the new season...I think I'm going to like Vala despite her costumes But this whole 'RDA? Who?' thing that's going on is very disconcerting. If RDA had left in season six (when he made it clear he wanted to leave) we wouldn't have had season seven, season eight, season nine or two seasons of Atlantis. RDA gave up his personal life (or at least part of it) to the show. I don't blame the producers or the actors...I blame the publicity machine behind it all. The head guys at Sci Fi...They're the one orchestrating this and I think it's damndable.

Unfortunatly, thats the way it is in the business world, maybe even more so in show business. Very rare to find loyality and appreciation anymore. RDA is doing the right thing by putting his daughter first.

sueKay
July 13th, 2005, 08:23 AM
He sure is. I respect and admire him for that. He said at the beginning of season eight that he would miss the show once he left. I think he'd still like to be a part of it, but ultimately...it's not possible without him losing his daughter. Wylie's a very lcuky girl to have such a devoted father. Many men don't bother with their kids at all...RDA's a refeshing change. I wish him all the best.

pittsburghgirl
July 13th, 2005, 08:27 AM
Unfortunatly, thats the way it is in the business world, maybe even more so in show business. Very rare to find loyality and appreciation anymore. RDA is doing the right thing by putting his daughter first.
I just don't think the boys from vancouver have learned anything at all-they maybe trying to hype up the next season-but what goes around comes around-and it poised to bite them on their sit upons. they tried the new guy is better stuff at x-files-and see what it got them-dissing sam is not going to help them either-and as for Vala-the hooker with the heart of gold theme has been done before( Pretty Woman or even Miss Kitty on Gunsmoke)-they need to face the fact that dissing RDA after he has gone and all he had done for the show the last 8 years is not going to win friends and influence enemies (as the book of the same name said).

there is something to be said for new blood and new directions and trying to get a new energy for the show-more power for that-but on the backs and the reputations of those that went before them-bad form. and bad manners.

Kri
July 13th, 2005, 09:10 AM

Suz
xxxxx

I wouldn't spend any time fuming about this. It is one comment, one person's opinion. I'd bet that most of the fans of Stargate SG-1 know that this show would not have been the same successful show that it has become, without the main 4 actors/characters on the show for the first 8 seasons. What is happening in season 9 is what TPTB thought was necessary to revamp the show to keep it going. We'll see how it works. Personally, I still wish they had changed the name of the show. Without RDA, as well as Don Davis, Teryl, Carmen, and the others who will not be returning, the show is just not SG-1 anymore.

galaxy
July 13th, 2005, 09:44 AM
Is this person kidding? Posting for "Media Blitz SciFi Prem."- Tonight's Best TV-Entertainment Weekly-cnn.com-"Stargate SG-1 shows it's over RDA by casting a younger hotter version of him Ben Browder". Number 1- this is not a rant to Ben Browder. He seems to be a nice guy but younger doesn't always mean better! Get your young audience but guest what? I bet you, I have more of the green stuff then the younger audience to spend! Two- Though I enjoy looking at a beautiful younger man, who can lift 300 hundred pds, I am not the Bow-Flex 50 year old grandmother (if most have seen that commercial). I'm middle age woman who connects with pains in the knees and back! We all get old and that includes the writers and other actors in SG-1. I understand with you wanting to connect with a younger audience but stop dising the older ones. I'm turning to S9 because of Beau Bridges, he's a great actor, very funny and though he has not the looks of Jeff has a great personality. RDA left the show on his own, he wants to spend time with his family. He has completed two hit shows (can any of the old members say that). Stop trying to make it look like he had to be replaced by a younger, hotter guy. Bull- du! Sorry-I didn't rant last night but took some antibiotics that knocked me out! Also, I know that what a person writes in their article doesn't necessary mean is the feelings of the writers of the show. But look how it was shown on SCIFI Lowdown. Nobody would have taken a interest in SG-1 without RDA, I'm sorry but that's my opinion. We should thank him and hope that he come home to do more lovely shippy moments with AT. Contact cnn.com and let them know how you don't appreciate those comments about RDA. Might not do anything but it won't hurt!

WHAT?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
I can't believe it!!! Younger hotter version of him????
Are they kidding me? :eek: :eek: :eek:

First: NO MAN in the whole wide universe is hotter than RDA.
I'm sorry, but that's how it is and it's not debatable! ;)
It doesn't matter that he is over 35 years older than me.
His age is actually part of his attraction.
Secondly, I hate how they talk as if he were a mummy, just because he does not wear diapers anymore!
I hate how people talk about aging in general. Everyone gets old sooner or later, its not only normal, it's great!
Older people have a maturity and life experience, that makes them far more interesting and sexy than any of these clone-like greenhorns who are invading Television recently.
And though I'm not a big fan of BB regarding his "hotness-factor", I think it's also kind of degrading for him to call him "a younger version of..." He is not a version of anyone, but an individual, who - and I'm pretty sure about that- will give his best to add something new and unique to this show and does not only try to imitate Jack O'Neill.
This comment was really disrespectful, not only to RDA or "older people", but also to BB and all the fans of the show who think like me.

And just for the record: Grey hair and wrinkles are HOT!!!!!! :D :D :D

Kri
July 13th, 2005, 09:51 AM
WHAT?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????And just for the record: Grey hair and wrinkles are HOT!!!!!! :D :D :D

Lmao!
Men get better looking with age
Women get facelifts

An Ancient
July 13th, 2005, 10:28 AM
Perhaps we should write two letters as a thread group, the first to CNN.com, to tell them to shut up and get sensible. The second to RDA, let him know the real fans don't actually beleive this nonsense.

pittsburghgirl
July 13th, 2005, 10:35 AM
Perhaps we should write two letters as a thread group, the first to CNN.com, to tell them to shut up and get sensible. The second to RDA, let him know the real fans don't actually beleive this nonsense.
In addition to writing those letters-let us write Darren and speak to him quiet severely -and yes that means polite language-about Sam's bio in the Primer-that is euqally as disrespectful to the actress, the character and the fans.

gatebee
July 13th, 2005, 10:59 AM
Ya I read that and I have the actual magazine. I was so mad at the way they worded that comment.

As for RDA, I can't wait to see what his next venture will be. Looking forward already to the Simpsons. But knowing RDA , it won't be long before another project will be in the works. He will be working from LA and at the same time can take his daughter to school and join in her every activities. Thank God there is such a man that thinks of thier children first than their egos and career. RDA is a one of a kind class act of a gentleman.

jay
July 13th, 2005, 01:16 PM
i was wondering if any 1 here knows if the Virtual Season 9 will have any shippy episodes to it? and incase some of the authors are on here im still going to read it no matter what but am hoping for some sam/jack parts.

trupi
July 13th, 2005, 01:36 PM
Sent e-mail this morning to Entertainment weekly/cnn.com. They have a spot to place comments for their entertainment segment.

dipsofjazz
July 13th, 2005, 01:49 PM
In addition to writing those letters-let us write Darren and speak to him quiet severely -and yes that means polite language-about Sam's bio in the Primer-that is euqally as disrespectful to the actress, the character and the fans.
I totally agree with you. It's awful, and will give such a bad impression of Sam to all the newbies who will be reading it to catch up before the new season starts.

katethegater
July 13th, 2005, 01:57 PM

His age is actually part of his attraction.
Secondly, I hate how they talk as if he were a mummy, just because he does not wear diapers anymore!
I hate how people talk about aging in general. Everyone gets old sooner or later, its not only normal, it's great!
Older people have a maturity and life experience, that makes them far more interesting and sexy than any of these clone-like greenhorns who are invading Television recently.
And though I'm not a big fan of BB regarding his "hotness-factor", I think it's also kind of degrading for him to call him "a younger version of..." He is not a version of anyone, but an individual, who - and I'm pretty sure about that- will give his best to add something new and unique to this show and does not only try to imitate Jack O'Neill.
This comment was really disrespectful, not only to RDA or "older people", but also to BB and all the fans of the show who think like me.

I agree with you 110%.........I actually think RDA looks hotter now (if that is possible) than he did in episode 1. There's just something about a mature guy in dress uniform that gets me going!

'Hail RDA - he's the man!'

Token
July 13th, 2005, 02:06 PM
I wanted to run something by the Shippers.If it was up to me I would have introduced the Ori in Moebius and have the Ori Kidnap Jack.Instead of Jack appearing in episodes 1 and 3 have Jack in the last 2 episodes and have a Cliffhanger that gets resolved in Season 10.I think we could have gotten some great Sam angst and setup some great tension with Sam Daniel and Teal'c with Landry Vala and Mitchell.I think that would have created alot more anticipation for Season 9.
I saw your question on the "Ask JM" thread and JM's response. Since you asked, this is my thinking S9 General As a fan, I love your idea! There is such a wealth of material. I can't see the character of Jack O'Neill being happy in another desk job being "the Man's man" so to speak. However, I have to suspend my belief of the character for the sake of RDA's decision to leave but keep things open. And I can understand TPTB's unwillingness to write a situation that they may not be able to resolve with RDA playing O'Neill. I would like to think that is why they left the Sam/Jack relationship open as well. If they would have had Jack retire and be with Sam, then the fans would expect to see Jack around Sam's house, the SGC, or Colorado Springs. I would think he would be an almost constant presence since he is such good friends of Daniel and Teal'c too. But TPTB couldn't NOT resolve to some degree the Sam/Jack storyline. I will have to hope that eventually we will get more of Sam and Jack. I guess it is all up to RDA.

If Season 9 is successful, how hard would SciFi try to woo RDA for some Season 10 and beyond episodes? And as Stargate seasons went on, would Jack O'Neill just quietly disappear?

Are you still glad you asked? :p

sugarshaker
July 13th, 2005, 02:13 PM
snip

Bravo, galaxy, Bravo!

As someone with both grey hair and wrinkles I salute you! :D

trupi
July 13th, 2005, 02:37 PM
Bravo, galaxy, Bravo!

As someone with both grey hair and wrinkles I salute you! :D
Remember Cary Grant how nicely he aged. I think RDA is better looking now then when he was younger. He should be proud, since he has gone through a few injuries in his life time. Let see if the rest of the crew ages gracefully.

gatebee
July 13th, 2005, 02:51 PM
Sam also thinks Jack looks good
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v205/FilBrit1/elevator2.jpg

Catysg1
July 13th, 2005, 03:12 PM
Lmao!
Women get facelifts

Kri :) I agree but men get facelifts and liposuction too :p Some of them even have implants of plastic muscles to look cool and fitter ..What a lazy way to look better when you think that everybody can have a little all in one multigym in the lobby ( the cheapest one is £180..)I have one and it's very compact :) a lot cheaper than liposuction and muscle implants and it's very effective :) plus you get pride from it :)

I'm all for soft facelifts though because well you can't really use the gym for it and if it makes people feel better because they have those big unattactive bags under their eyes ....well good for them to be able to remove them .

wynter
July 13th, 2005, 03:15 PM
RDA or BEN B,mmmmmm

RICHARD DEAN ANDERSON!!!!!

why would we pick the younger over the older sexiest guy in the planet.
Hey i'm 29 and i would do any-thing to have RDA be the first thing i see when i wake up and the last thing i see at night WOW HAVE THEY REALLY SEEN HIM!!

it all comes down to personality,making people laugh kind hearted,and course he's not at all bad to look at.(excuse me BEN,you might be all the above but your not our man)

Look at Sean Conery,Harrison Ford,all get better with age.

Ok mind going in the gutter about how experienced RDA may be too!!!;)

I love RDA the way he is now,he is so sexy,grey hair and all,must admit i love his hands the way his thumb bends quite a bit(Ok getting too wierd)

I've put my point across i think,check in later...

wynterxx:p

trupi
July 13th, 2005, 03:29 PM
RDA or BEN B,mmmmmm

Hey i'm 29 and i would do any-thing to have RDA be the first thing i see when i wake up and the last thing i see at night WOW HAVE THEY REALLY SEEN HIM!!

it all comes down to personality,making people laugh kind hearted,and course he's not at all bad to look at.(excuse me BEN,you might be all the above but your not our man)

I love RDA the way he is now,he is so sexy,grey hair and all,must admit i love his hands the way his thumb bends quite a bit(Ok getting too wierd)

A woman with good taste! PS just came back from Wales last Friday-Love it!

gatebee
July 13th, 2005, 03:30 PM
RDA or BEN B,mmmmmm

my kind of real men .....
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v205/FilBrit1/05a77e87.jpg

pittsburghgirl
July 13th, 2005, 03:33 PM
I decided to also send my two cents worth to CNN for that "simpy mahvelous darling" article. I spoilered spaced this so that only those interested in my two cents worth would read if they so choose.
I read your article about the new Stargate SG-1 season starting on the 15th-all I have to say is that I wonder just exactly what your reporter was thinkting when it was written.

The general "hotness" of Ben Browder?

I have to say that the producers of the show may be into T and A these days, but I guarentee you that a majority of the viewers are not.

Not only that, but to say that Ben Browder, the 12 years younger than Richard Dean Anderson addition to the show only adds that to the show not only negates his fine acting talents, it also insults the intelligence of the viewer. In addition I found the whole tone of the article sexist and rude.

trupi
July 13th, 2005, 03:44 PM
I decided to also send my two cents worth to CNN for that "simpy mahvelous darling" article. I spoilered spaced this so that only those interested in my two cents worth would read if they so choose.
I read your article about the new Stargate SG-1 season starting on the 15th-all I have to say is that I wonder just exactly what your reporter was thinkting when it was written.

I have to say that the producers of the show may be into T and A these days, but I guarentee you that a majority of the viewers are not.

Not only that, but to say that Ben Browder, the 12 years younger than Richard Dean Anderson addition to the show only adds that to the show not only negates his fine acting talents, it also insults the intelligence of the viewer. In addition I found the whole tone of the article sexist and rude.
Brava-Brava :D :D

Catysg1
July 13th, 2005, 03:46 PM

I didn't know that BB was 43 !!! he looks younger than that ..I thought he was 34/35 ..I'm amazed .

gatebee
July 13th, 2005, 04:12 PM

BB does not oooze me like RDA.

Myrth
July 13th, 2005, 04:39 PM
There is no question that RDA is jaw droppingly hot... :D

Also Amanda's jaw droppingly hot... I feel cheated out of part of that package, but I still hold out hope for an end of season return.

:)

dipsofjazz
July 13th, 2005, 04:47 PM

Excellent letter. I just hope that someone actually reads it and does something about it!

wynter
July 13th, 2005, 04:55 PM
I didn't know that BB was 43 !!! he looks younger than that ..I thought he was 34/35 ..I'm amazed .

what that is a shock i thought he was younger 43,still thats the prime time i think people say,but no i'm still sticking with RDA.

i'm just having a chat with my jack clone will be back in a bit...

wynterxx

gatebee
July 13th, 2005, 04:59 PM
There is no question that RDA is jaw droppingly hot... :D

Also Amanda's jaw droppingly hot... I feel cheated out of part of that package, but I still hold out hope for an end of season return.

Myrth, I agree . We shippers have been cheated and been taken on a long ride.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v205/FilBrit1/SamJack_FishEnd.jpg
pic fr Mala

wynter
July 13th, 2005, 04:59 PM
A woman with good taste! PS just came back from Wales last Friday-Love it!

Thank-you but there are a lot of woman (and men) who have the same taste.

I'm glad you liked Wales,did you come on holiday,or for the concert.There are lovely places in Wales especially the castles.

Hope you come again soon and hope that the people over here were welcoming as the people i meet over in Florida were to me last year,be back a.s.a.p my jack clone is calling me.........

wynterxx

girlgater
July 13th, 2005, 05:01 PM
Delurks for a moment and is totally confused and wonders if I've stumbled into the thunk thread....

Hey everybody:

I must say that I think RDA/Jack is quite hot and is definitely worthy of Sam's love. There is something to be said about older men. Ahhh...the experience.

Ok....to Ben B. I had no idea that he was 43. I would have thought he was in his mid 30's. Oh well, that makes him right about my age--nothing wrong with that. I have a terrible time judging ages anyway.

Gatetrixer
July 13th, 2005, 05:33 PM
I saw your question on the "Ask JM" thread and JM's response. Since you asked, this is my thinking S9 General As a fan, I love your idea! There is such a wealth of material. I can't see the character of Jack O'Neill being happy in another desk job being "the Man's man" so to speak. However, I have to suspend my belief of the character for the sake of RDA's decision to leave but keep things open. And I can understand TPTB's unwillingness to write a situation that they may not be able to resolve with RDA playing O'Neill. I would like to think that is why they left the Sam/Jack relationship open as well. If they would have had Jack retire and be with Sam, then the fans would expect to see Jack around Sam's house, the SGC, or Colorado Springs. I would think he would be an almost constant presence since he is such good friends of Daniel and Teal'c too. But TPTB couldn't NOT resolve to some degree the Sam/Jack storyline. I will have to hope that eventually we will get more of Sam and Jack. I guess it is all up to RDA.

If Season 9 is successful, how hard would SciFi try to woo RDA for some Season 10 and beyond episodes? And as Stargate seasons went on, would Jack O'Neill just quietly disappear?

Are you still glad you asked? :p

There's one thing I don't want and it's killing off Jack! They are saying RDA doesn't want Jack to be killed so as to leave open the possibility of his return. Well, whether he decides to return or not, there's no reason to kill Jack. In a few instances it's necessary to kill a character when an actor leaves. Well, I can think of just one at the moment (Edith of All in the Family) but I just hate it when it happens. Of course, this is sci-fi.......

trupi
July 13th, 2005, 06:03 PM
There's one thing I don't want and it's killing off Jack! They are saying RDA doesn't want Jack to be killed so as to leave open the possibility of his return. Well, whether he decides to return or not, there's no reason to kill Jack. In a few instances it's necessary to kill a character when an actor leaves. Well, I can think of just one at the moment (Edith of All in the Family) but I just hate it when it happens. Of course, this is sci-fi.......
Is RDA still Executive Producer or does he lost that privilege because he is leaving? Doesn't he still have a say in SG-1 or does SCIFI over rule him and kicks him out of the loop?

sg-1fanintn
July 13th, 2005, 06:11 PM

Well, of course! It's one of the most creative things I've seen since coming to GW!

This really makes me mad too! BB is cute, and a good actor, but he's no RDA, and he's certainly not hotter!

Amen!

Lmao!
Women get facelifts
Well....I have to disagree slightly. Not ALL men get better with age, but RDA certainly has!

sg-1fanintn
July 13th, 2005, 06:14 PM
Is RDA still Executive Producer or does he lost that privilege because he is leaving? Doesn't he still have a say in SG-1 or does SCIFI over rule him and kicks him out of the loop?

I think he gave up any Exec. Producer duties, but I thought he and Greenburg owned the rights to the franchise. He and Greenburg are Gekko Film Corp. I've asked a question about who actually controls the show a couple of times, but haven't gotten a real good answer.

ses110
July 13th, 2005, 06:34 PM
I can understand not wanting a Season 10 Caty.I'am rooting for a Season 10 because it does not look like we'll be getting a Sam and Jack resolution in Season 9.If RDA was never comming back or the Sam and Jack Ship was over I would not watch Season 9.I'am hoping RDA will appear in a couple of Season 10 episodes.I shocked myself by changing my mind on watching Season 9.I never though I would and I hope I do not get burned.If I find Season 9 is really bad I can always stop watching.My number one motivation for watching is the Sam and Jack Ship.I also do not want to be lost if RDA does appear in the Season 9 finale.

ses110
July 13th, 2005, 06:47 PM
Thanks Token.I can also understand TPTB thinking as well.I would hope if TPTB knew for sure RDA was returning we would have gotten an episode like Lost City.You also make a great point if Season 9 is successful how hard will Scifi try to woo RDA.I really hope no matter what they will reach out to RDA for Season 10.It will make me feel good about watching Season 9 if RDA appears in Season 10.I just hope I do not end up wanting to Kick myself for watching Season 9.I've been going back and forth trying to decide if I'am going to watch Season 9 and I'am just rolling the dice and hoping for the best.I'am still glad I asked.Thanks again.

sg-1fanintn
July 13th, 2005, 06:56 PM
Round 29 of the Fave Episodes Tournament has begun. Prodigy was eliminated in Round 28. Keep Divide & Conquer (the holy grail of J/S shippiness) from getting the axe! Vote now, at: http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=12889&page=64&pp=20

Buc252
July 13th, 2005, 07:29 PM
I can understand not wanting a Season 10 Caty.I'am rooting for a Season 10 because it does not look like we'll be getting a Sam and Jack resolution in Season 9.If RDA was never comming back or the Sam and Jack Ship was over I would not watch Season 9.I'am hoping RDA will appear in a couple of Season 10 episodes.I shocked myself by changing my mind on watching Season 9.I never though I would and I hope I do not get burned.If I find Season 9 is really bad I can always stop watching.My number one motivation for watching is the Sam and Jack Ship.I also do not want to be lost if RDA does appear in the Season 9 finale.

I don't want a Season 10, but then again, I don't want 9 either.

For those of you who are watching S9, do you realize that you're doing *exactly* what they're manipulating you into doing? And if you watch S9 and maybe S10 with no visible ship, they'll *never* give us a resolution because they have no *reason* to give it to us. They get the same viewers whether they do it or not, don't get grief from the anti's, and since most of them don't want to deal with it, they won't. Ever.

If they do something significant with the ship, I figure I can always catch it on line or when the individual episode repeats. First time through, though, I think we need to send a message to TPTB that we won't wait anymore. Ratings is the only thing they respect when it comes to fan opinion - not letters or emails or faxes, which they've proven mean nothing. (If it did, we'd have gotten the resolution we wrote begging for in S8.) If they get the ratings they want doing as they please, it won't change.

Sorry, Ses, this isn't aimed at you, but at anybody who thinks that watching S9 is going to (or even might) get them a ship resolution in S10. (They're not about to "reward" us for watching by giving it to us. TV just doesn't work that way.)

If you want to watch because you enjoy the science fiction, more power to you, but if you want to watch because it'll eventually get you the ship resolution, it's not gonna happen. And yes, I'm as sorry about that as you are. :(

<climbs off her soap box with an umbrella to try to deflect the tomatoes that'll probably be thrown at her for this one>

Myrth
July 13th, 2005, 07:31 PM
Call me crazy but I never say never. The pulling power of a character like Jack O'Neill may have some unexpected results. As too may the workaholic nature of Richard Dean Anderson... but then I'm an eternal optimist.

For those of you who are watching S9, do you realize that you're doing *exactly* what they're manipulating you into doing? And if you watch S9 and maybe S10 with no visible ship, they'll *never* give us a resolution because they have no *reason* to give it to us. They get the same viewers whether they do it or not, don't get grief from the anti's, and since most of them don't want to deal with it, they won't. Ever.

If they do something significant with the ship, I figure I can always catch it on line or when the individual episode repeats. First time through, though, I think we need to send a message to TPTB that we won't wait anymore. Ratings is the only thing they respect when it comes to fan opinion - not letters or emails or faxes, which they've proven mean nothing. If they get the ratings they want doing as they please, it won't change.

Sorry, Ses, this isn't aimed at you, but at anybody who thinks that watching S9 is going to (or even might) get them a ship resolution in S10. (They're not about to "reward" us for watching by giving it to us. TV just doesn't work that way.)

If you want to watch because you enjoy the science fiction, more power to you, but if you want to watch because it'll eventually get you the ship resolution, it's not gonna happen. And yes, I'm as sorry about that as you are. :(

<climbs off her soap box with an umbrella to try to deflect the tomatoes that'll probably be thrown at her for this one>

sg-1fanintn
July 13th, 2005, 07:32 PM
To all the French Sam & Jack Shippers:

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y128/newsgoddess/defile0704.jpg

Happy Bastille Day!

ses110
July 13th, 2005, 07:54 PM
No problem Mary.Your post is right on target as always.I could be going through temporary insanity.It's hard for even me to understand why I changed my mind and decided to give Season 9 a try.I have no doubt it will not mean anything for the Sam and Jack Ship.I still reserve the right to stop watching Season 9 if I find it's bad.I guess I'll take things week by week and see what happens.I think part of the reason for me to watch is to see what is done with the Sam character.Sam is my 2nd favorite after Jack.I also think RC comments about RDA returning for Season 10 has gotten my hopes up.It's probably a dumb idea to get my hopes up on those comments.Looking back there was alot of episodes I should have skipped in Season 7 and 8 while RDA was still on the Show.It may or may not have made an impact on the Ship.I think at this point with RDA pretty much out of the picture skipping episodes would not do much for the Sam and Jack Ship.

nell
July 13th, 2005, 08:01 PM
Call me crazy but I never say never. The pulling power of a character like Jack O'Neill may have some unexpected results. As too may the workaholic nature of Richard Dean Anderson... but then I'm an eternal optimist.

I'm with you Myrth. I'm not giving up. But I understand how Buc252 is feeling. I remember that this time last year I was really, really worried that we would not get much ship because Season 7 was such a let down when :eek: showed up! **yuck**phewy**barf!!! But, I was Season 8 very surprised how much ship we got although it was crammed into the end of the season. Threads was waaaaay more than I hoped for but sadly not enough!!. So, call me optimistic or call me crazy but I"m going to hold on a little longer. BTW I think Ben is hot but RDA is still My Man!!! :p

mad_gater
July 13th, 2005, 08:38 PM
I agree with you 110%.........I actually think RDA looks hotter now (if that is possible) than he did in episode 1. There's just something about a mature guy in dress uniform that gets me going!

'Hail RDA - he's the man!'
(((((((((((katethegater, jay, and An Ancient))))))))))))))

nice to meet you all!! :):)

*spoiler below*

What burns me up is that JM's military advisor is either dumb as an ox or she has some NID-like vendetta against Sam/Jack....cuz from what I've heard....the thing about "Homeworld Security" still being in Sam's chain of command is the biggest load of BS ever....."Homeworld Security" is SO NOT in Sam's chain of command. And Landry is having his daughter serve under him from what I've heard....to me having a family member in your chain of command is just as serious of a breach of frat regs as a HWMS relationship!!

*end spoiler*

Token
July 13th, 2005, 08:38 PM
Thanks Token.I can also understand TPTB thinking as well.I would hope if TPTB knew for sure RDA was returning we would have gotten an episode like Lost City.You also make a great point if Season 9 is successful how hard will Scifi try to woo RDA.I really hope no matter what they will reach out to RDA for Season 10.It will make me feel good about watching Season 9 if RDA appears in Season 10.I just hope I do not end up wanting to Kick myself for watching Season 9.I've been going back and forth trying to decide if I'am going to watch Season 9 and I'am just rolling the dice and hoping for the best.I'am still glad I asked.Thanks again.
Going by the commentaries for "Lost City", I think we would have gotten what we wanted if it had been the end of the series. I think again, if "Moebius" had been the end or RDA didn't want to "keep the door open", we would have gotten what we wanted. However, with the continuation of the show; I think it is highly unlikely that we will get the kiss we shippers want. The possibility will get smaller with each passing season. Unless at some point in time, Amanda wants to leave the show then I can see RDA maybe coming back to complete the storyline. Until that happens, I will be content that Sam has NO OTHER man-friends and gets back to kicking butt and saving the world. After the :eek: fiasco, I need a season to recover! :p

sg-1fanintn
July 13th, 2005, 08:41 PM

If they do something significant with the ship, I figure I can always catch it on line or when the individual episode repeats. First time through, though, I think we need to send a message to TPTB that we won't wait anymore. Ratings is the only thing they respect when it comes to fan opinion - not letters or emails or faxes, which they've proven mean nothing. (If it did, we'd have gotten the resolution we wrote begging for in S8.) If they get the ratings they want doing as they please, it won't change.

Absolutely no tomatoes coming your way!!!!!
You're entitled to do what you want and catch it in reruns if something good does happen. However, I might point out that unless there is a Nielsen diary or box in your house, they really don't know whether you're watching. And by watching, I can be vocal about anything I see that I don't like right here at GW.

If I don't buy in to what they're doing.....
If they don't acknowledge the ship in even the subtle ways we've discussed.....
If they don't treat Sam with dignity and respect......

then I'll stop watching. But I'm going to give it a try until after Sam's return, and probably through the cliffhanger of the first half of the U. S. season. By then, I should know if I can stomach it for the other 10 episodes or not.

Jack, Jack, don't leave us!
(*** sorry.....more RDA withdrawal.....got it under control again....for now.....hangs head in shame***)

trupi
July 13th, 2005, 08:47 PM
(((((((((((katethegater, jay, and An Ancient))))))))))))))

nice to meet you all!! :):)

*spoiler below*

What burns me up is that JM's military advisor is either dumb as an ox or she has some NID-like vendetta against Sam/Jack....cuz from what I've heard....the thing about "Homeworld Security" still being in Sam's chain of command is the biggest load of BS ever....."Homeworld Security" is SO NOT in Sam's chain of command. And Landry is having his daughter serve under him from what I've heard....to me having a family member in your chain of command is just as serious of a breach of frat regs as a HWMS relationship!!

*end spoiler*
My husband said the same thing as you. He was in the military and he said that Sam is no longer in the same location as Jack, plus she takes direct commands from Lawdry not Jack, they can date. THe higher ups might talk but no reg. would be broken. If Jack is retired, absolutely nothing can be said about them being together.

gatebee
July 13th, 2005, 08:48 PM
I think as shippers , we will just have to content ourselves with what is right now. S9 will be all about the "new team". Carter might mention Jack but I don't think they will met anytime soon. It has nothing to do with TPTB but because RDA wants to be with his daughter. I totally respect his choice. If the series ends in S9, then we might have RDA on the final ep in the final couple of minutes to tie up the ship . But if the series goes on to S10 then we have to wait still longer. IMO.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v205/FilBrit1/fifty.jpg