PDA

View Full Version : Sam Carter/Jack O'Neill Ship Appreciation Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57

LOL4JACK
July 7th, 2005, 07:57 PM
LOL4JACK, we sure go through highs and lows with our show!

BUT LOOK, WE HAVE 8 DAYS UNTIL JULY 15 SEASON 9 PREMIERE!!!

I'm looking forward to Season 9 for action, adventure and some of that ship we want! I believe it's coming! ;)

(((((Thanks Nell))))) Back on the high :p

Yup a non-shipper that's me - but because I do respect others feelings and opinions I can do things like this for my friends. (This is a slightly modified version of my b-day present for Über

So this is to all my S/J - Shippy Friends :D

http://img135.echo.cx/img135/4613/sj28wq.jpg

(((tsaxlady))) Lovely! Now I get it why you always win at the guess the picture thread :p

I'm more curious to know why in the world he would call her Carter - which he does when they're at the jumper near the end. She's not military, he barely knows her, and she's never really been anything but Sam. I noticed this the other day when I was watching. It makes no sense!

Yep, caught that one too and was wondering, I guess it's an "oops" I thought it was nice and funny, to make us feel that the "sparks moment" had to do with our S/J

nell
July 7th, 2005, 08:01 PM
I'm more curious to know why in the world he would call her Carter - which he does when they're at the jumper near the end. She's not military, he barely knows her, and she's never really been anything but Sam. I noticed this the other day when I was watching. It makes no sense!

I know, I know! It doesn't make sense but I suspend my disbelief. Moebius 2 I think the writers have interwoven Our Sam and Jack with the Alternate Timeline Sam and Jack's attraction to each other without regs in order to give us a big, honkin' kiss. I love it! I hate it! :rolleyes:

mad_gater
July 7th, 2005, 08:05 PM
Have you seen what's happening in London at the moment? There's been six explosions on the underground and public buses, they think they were terrorist attacks. There have been confirmed fatalities. If you're in London, please, please let us know you're ok!
(((((((shelsfc)))))))))

I sincerely hope nobody here has lost anybody dear to them in those attacks.

:(:(:(:(:(:(

nell
July 7th, 2005, 08:07 PM
Ok... Ship up... Let's play a game:

Shipper's Season 9 Opening Scene Game

We'll give a shot at being TPTB, with our version of would be S9 opening scene or opening sequence...

Here is mine :D

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y219/cmb1009/Fire%20and%20Water/image2083.jpg

Sam: For crying out loud, why do they always have to knock at the worst moment!

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y219/cmb1009/Fire%20and%20Water/image2085.jpg
Jack: That's it, we are moving out of here, far, far away

:D

Fun idea! I'm so enthralled by the pics that I can't think straight right now! I love that color on Sam! Jack is always great in black or is that navy! :p Oh, yeah, see how I get off task??!! :rolleyes:

mad_gater
July 7th, 2005, 08:09 PM
Yeah i guess it could be :S but i do hope it isn't....

I just hope that there will be no more people found dead, I know 2 seems nothing compared with 7/11 but in my eyes its 2, too many. What do these people get out of killing innocent people?? Its stupid!

My thoughts are with everyone in London effected by this.
My sentiments exactly!

*eyes glow in anger*

Kel'dor: Humans such as these who inflict this kind of pain are no better than the Goa'uld!!!!

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

mad_gater
July 7th, 2005, 08:13 PM
I can't believe it! I woke up this mornign and it was on the news! When I last saw they weren't sure about the explosions in the underground and 3 buses had been blown up! My little brother has had his cartoons on since then tho so I don't know what has happened recently :S

I'm guessing its something to do with the Olymics as we won it yesterday but who knows...could just be a coincidence it happed today :S

I hope all our family members from London are ok!!
I just hope "samisjacksgal," aka carolyn is ok...she's also a British shipper on this thread!

:(:(:(:(:(:(

mad_gater
July 7th, 2005, 08:19 PM
hello everyone. this is the first time i've sat down all day and some how it seems easer to type than talk. everything is in chaos here. i've been able to find all my family members and there ok but i've yet to find all my buddies. i have a suspition that at leats one of them is hurt. i cannot belive that this is happning. thank you to all the lovely shipper family who have sent their thoughts and prers, espically those in the us. i had things to say in reply to meny threds and things but they have all gone from my head, be sure that i have read all your replys and messages and thank you for your posts, espically thoues helping me on tech matters.
my preyers are with my fellow uk shippers.
((((((((((((((((((((MajorAl))))))))))))))))))))))

My prayers go out to your buddies!! :(:(:(:(

LadyJeep
July 7th, 2005, 08:22 PM
Just getting on the bboard. I saw the news this morning on my way out to work. I just wanted to say that my thoughts and prayers go out to those in London and the UK

mad_gater
July 7th, 2005, 08:25 PM
I haven't been here in a long time but I had to come by to write a note to all of the UK shipper family members.

I would like to offer my deepest condolances to all those hurt, injured, missing and unaccounted for. It is a sad day and for those of us in the US we can truly feel for what you are going thru having been thru this ourselves. My thoughts and prayers are truly with all of you.

Please remember that GOOD WILL ALWAYS TRIUMPH OVER EVIL no matter what!

Please also know that you are not alone and that we are all thinking of you at this time.

With great love and affection,
SHIP NANA!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*pounces and huggles ship nana*

Ohh!!!! fresh baked shipper cookies!!!!

*gobbles whole plateful of cookies*

:D:D:D:D:D:D

And again....my deepest sympathies for those who've lost loved ones in this attack....and here's hopin' that these a$$holes are brought to justice!!

nell
July 7th, 2005, 08:32 PM
SHIPPERS SEASON 9 OPENING SCENE!!!

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y209/cilljill/UKLD_043.jpg

Landry, for crying out loud, I just flew in from the Pentagon, give me and my wife a few minutes to say hello!!!

mad_gater
July 7th, 2005, 08:33 PM
Awwww....TSAX!!! (((((tsaxlady)))))

All right shipper family! How great are these pictures? And from someone who doesn't enjoy Sam/Jack!!! But hey, that's why God made Rocky Road and Neopolitan...

So come on guys, let's show this wonderful lady some love...I want to hear back from her that she's felt the LOVE from our fine group of S/J ship fans...I mean it took courage for her to post on the *gasp* Sam/Jack shipper thread!!!

As you can tell, she and I are good friends...and we kid each other about my love for Sam/Jack and her....uh....moderate acceptance of Sam/Jack...She's not so much an anti-shipper as she is a NON-shipper. LOL

So to paraphrase one of my favorite actors (Wil Smith) from one of my favorite movies (Independence Day), "Nothin' but love for you tsax, nothin' but love" :D
I AGREE!!!! Come on into the shippertown bar and grill and have a few tsax! :D:D

uh....wait.....I said a few.....not a few dozen....:P:D

*watches as she gets drunker and drunker* :P:D

majorsal
July 7th, 2005, 08:34 PM
Yup a non-shipper that's me - but because I do respect others feelings and opinions I can do things like this for my friends. (This is a slightly modified version of my b-day present for Über

tsax, you're a total sweetie!

(((tsaxlady)))

sally :D

mad_gater
July 7th, 2005, 08:36 PM
That deserves some green !!!! :D But, alas, I'm out of green jello ! :( GW keeps telling me that I must spread it around ! Like if I was the one to spread green jello ! :rolleyes:
So, instead of green jello, have a golden penguin ! :D

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v681/LysSG/goldpenguin100.jpg
Yup! my account is repped out as well....."You've given away too much rep in the last 24 hours...blah blah blah" :rolleyes:

mad_gater
July 7th, 2005, 08:38 PM
:D(((((((( Ship Nana))))))) It's so nice to have you back with the family. I think we're all in need of some cookies right now. :p
*pounces and huggles bev*

NICE TO SEE YA AGAIN BEV!!!!! :):):):):):)

gatebee
July 7th, 2005, 08:40 PM

amazing wallpaper definitely very shippy

mad_gater
July 7th, 2005, 08:41 PM
I am above 21 .... I think I will take something with more of a "punch" .... but thank you for the cookies
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v205/FilBrit1/PDVD_000.jpg
pic by gb
*mixes strong choc. mint rum shake for gatebee*

Here ya go! :D:D:D:D:D:D

sg-1fanintn
July 7th, 2005, 08:43 PM
I know, I know! It doesn't make sense but I suspend my disbelief. Moebius 2 I think the writers have interwoven Our Sam and Jack with the Alternate Timeline Sam and Jack's attraction to each other without regs in order to give us a big, honkin' kiss. I love it! I hate it! :rolleyes:

I really think TPTB think our ship has come in. Moebius 2 tells us once again, as they have told us time after time, in every alternate reality, in every timeline: these two people, these two souls, these two hearts are always drawn to each other and will always end up together, because it's just meant to be.

Yes, I still want to see it for myself, and I feel we deserve it. I want to see the

BIG HONKIN' KISS in our timeline, with no alien induced viruses, no amnesia, etc., etc., etc.....but I still think TPTB think we should understand. And, no, I don't want to see it wrap up with an 80-year-old Jack and a 65-year-old Sam either! But I still think TPTB want them to be together, and that it will ultimately happen.

And with that thought.....it's time to go dream shippy dreams. God bless to all in the U. K. and everyone else on this thread, and all other people of good will everywhere! (Sorry, feeling a little emotional tonight!)

gatebee
July 7th, 2005, 08:43 PM

Landry, for crying out loud, I just flew in from the Pentagon, give me and my wife a few minutes to say hello!!!
oooooo weeeee ..... "me and my wife"

mad_gater
July 7th, 2005, 08:46 PM
My sweet little shippy husband! We're watching the (butchered) version of Threads on the Sci-Fi marathon. The scenes where Jacob hints that Sam's about to make a mistake is followed immediately by the scene where Kerry breaks up with Jack. As Jack stares sadly off into the distance, hubby looks at me and says, "It's so blatant! What's the deal? I mean, they've folded up all the corners on the box. Why don't they go ahead and put the tape on it?"

Don't you love it?
Bright boy, your hubbie! :D:D

hey! I can call him a boy....after all I am host to a Tok'ra shipper who's been around quite some time! :P:D

briguy213
July 7th, 2005, 08:47 PM
boobsboobsboobsboobssamcartersboobsboobsboobsboobs

LOL4JACK
July 7th, 2005, 08:52 PM

(((((((Nell))))))) I love it... can't take the smile out of me, saw the the news on the tv and fell kinda of down.... saw your post and well, thanks!

Anybody else want's to keep on playing?

mad_gater
July 7th, 2005, 09:01 PM

We'll give a shot at being TPTB, with our version of would be S9 opening scene or opening sequence...

ROFLMAO!!!!!!! :D:D:D:D:D:D

gatebee
July 7th, 2005, 09:13 PM
See, Sam and Jack know there are some shippy moments coming!! :D

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y209/cilljill/Evol-2_024W.jpg

Thanks to whomever I borrowed this pic. I'm learnin' so I hope I didn't make it too big! :rolleyes:
can't you just see the love oozes over and over those lovely smiles

Sum1
July 7th, 2005, 09:20 PM
How old is Sam? I know Jack is supposed to be 49 as of season 9, since he says to Kynthia in "Brief Candle" that he's 40, which is thousands of days old, but is Sam's age ever mentioned?

briguy213
July 7th, 2005, 09:24 PM
If I had to guess, I would say 40. But you know what they can do with make up. And I dont think it was ever mentioned.

Sum1
July 7th, 2005, 09:26 PM
I'm asking because I haven't seen the whole series. I've only seen all of season 1, 6 and 8, with most of 2, 3 and 7. I've only seen a few isolated episodes from seasons 4 and 5.

Sum1
July 7th, 2005, 09:33 PM
BTW, would it be possible to edit the thread so it has one of those hearts next to it when browsed in the forum? It would really help make it easier to find it later.

LOL4JACK
July 7th, 2005, 09:36 PM
BTW, would it be possible to edit the thread so it has one of those hearts next to it when browsed in the forum? It would really help make it easier to find it later.
Hello Sum1, you can subscribe to the thread and through My controls you can follow he thread easier.

mad_gater
July 7th, 2005, 09:47 PM
I'm asking because I haven't seen the whole series. I've only seen all of season 1, 6 and 8, with most of 2, 3 and 7. I've only seen a few isolated episodes from seasons 4 and 5.
Hasn't anybody ever told you that it's rude to inquire as to a woman's age? :P:D

I'm ashamed to admit that I had to be bludgeoned upside the head with WoO, D&C, and BTS (The shipper trilogy) in order to notice the ship....which set of the cascade of "I thought they were awfully close" for the eps in between.

Now that I think about it.....there was probably enough sparkage in Sam and Jack's first meeting in COTG to power the stargate from Earth to Atlantis and back indefinitely. :D:D:D:D:D:D

Sum1
July 7th, 2005, 09:47 PM
I don't want to get e-mail notifications, though.

Sum1
July 7th, 2005, 09:50 PM
Hasn't anybody ever told you that it's rude to inquire as to a woman's age? :P:D

I'm ashamed to admit that I had to be bludgeoned upside the head with WoO, D&C, and BTS (The shipper trilogy) in order to notice the ship....which set of the cascade of "I thought they were awfully close" for the eps in between.

Now that I think about it.....there was probably enough sparkage in Sam and Jack's first meeting in COTG to power the stargate from Earth to Atlantis and back indefinitely. :D:D:D:D:D:D

I saw WoO. I think I saw D&C a while back but don't remember much from it and BTS I haven't seen at all. I also only have seasons 1 and 6 on DVD.

Oma-1
July 7th, 2005, 11:34 PM

((((Nell)))) The jello dispenser's empty today :( so i'm going to award you the biggest gold medal I can find :D

(lys - your penguin medal rocks :D )

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v685/Oma-1/penglg.png

Oma-1
July 7th, 2005, 11:38 PM
When you subscribe, just click on the arrow on the Notification box and then select "no e-mail notification". Et voila! The thread appears on your control panel and its really easy to find - just click on My Controls (at the top of each page) and you're there.

divcon
July 8th, 2005, 01:33 AM

Wow tsaxlady, for a non shipper what a wonderful image. I was trying to read thru back posts and had to stop a bask in all the shippyness that picture portrayed. Giving you a big green one if it works. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :D :D

Catysg1
July 8th, 2005, 02:43 AM
Hi everyone, thank you to all the London shippers who have checked in. Thank God you & yours are safe.

I hope Caty and her family are okay. Is there anyone else in London that we haven't heard from?

I'm alright shelsfc, Oma and everybody else . I don't live in London , not far ..I'm on the south coast ( 1 hour and a half from London ) my children go to London sometimes for a school trip to see some shows at the west end ....They went to see " The Lion King " there a few weeks back .... but like Ship Nana said ..can all those evil people be brought back to justice .

and all my condoleances to the familes of those innocent victims :(

Caty

divcon
July 8th, 2005, 02:48 AM
I'm alright shelsfc . I don't live in London , my children go to London sometimes for a school trip to see some shows at the west end ....They went to see " The Lion King " there a few weeks back .... but like Ship Nana said ..can all those evil people be brought back to justice .

Caty

Caty, so good to hear from you, everyone was concerned about you earlier. :S I also agree with Ship Nana as I'm sure the rest of the world does.

Catysg1
July 8th, 2005, 02:50 AM
Oma glad that you are okay. I was also thinking of Caty. Have you heard anything as yet. I placed this at the Thunk thread. I have a daughter that lives in London and she just missed the explosion. God is good to us. She got to work at 8:45 and the train route she had taken exploded at 8:50. phew soo lucky... thank GOD ... may prayers to all those who have been affected by the sad event
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v205/FilBrit1/PDVD_041.jpg
capped by gb

(((gatebee))) I'm glad your daughter is alright . It must have been a fright for her to hear the news straight after her arrival at work !!!! :( My Husband 's sister works in london but she arrives to work very early too every morning like 7 30 am . My Hubby works near London but he drives every morning .

Caty

Catysg1
July 8th, 2005, 02:53 AM
Another London shipper just checking in.

If Oma works in London, she may not get home til late tonight. Underground is completely closed down and some people are having to walk home from various parts of Central London. This can take up 3 hours in the rain. Thankfully manyof the mainline stations arenow open.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for Oma. Hopefully we'll hear from her soon.

I'm glad you are OK scjon and Oma too and others from GW living or working in London .
Hope we won't be hearing about any more casualties this morning . :(

and Sam and Jack forever :)

Caty

Catysg1
July 8th, 2005, 03:00 AM
No news from Caty at the moment but if it may reassure you, she's not living in London but in a seaside town.
And if we don't have news from her at the moment, that's because she's doing some home decorating and she has disconnected her computer.
But Caty, if you see these posts, leave a "I'm fine" post please :)

Here , here ..A post from me ..Yeah decorating I was and listening to the news all day long ..I 'm sad to hear that the number of casualties raised up to 45 by this morning :( it was 33 last night :(
I hope all the injured innocent ones will make it home safe soon .

and can Evil be banned from this world

Caty

SuSiE_SG1
July 8th, 2005, 03:04 AM
If any of you guys know what you would like to ask Amanda if I get the chance let me know. I'm not certain of what I'm going to ask or how to phrase it so any suggestions are appreciated.

ask her if she would like to adopt me, 17 yo gal in Australia

Catysg1
July 8th, 2005, 03:10 AM
I would also like to add the following:

It seems quite common these days to refer to terrorist acts as a tragedy, or tragic. This is absolutely incorrect.

An earthquake is a tragedy. A hurricane is a tragedy.

These were COLD-HEARTED, COWARDLY, HEINOUS, DELIBERATE, MURDEROUS ACTS OF HATE. The results are horrible, yet 100% intentional.

To call it a tragedy is not completely accurate. I'm sure no one intends to forget the proper meaning. However, I think it's important that we never fail to label this act for what it truly deserves to be called.

Welcome back shipNana :) and I agree with you . they are just MONSTERS FROM HELL . They should have Horns on their heads so that we know who they are and kick their A$$es or ..............( fill in the gap to your heart content ) and I'm being nice there ..if you really knew what I would love to do to those Monsters ...well I'd rather not mention it in the forum .

Caty

Catysg1
July 8th, 2005, 03:19 AM
Hope everyone is okay. My thoughts are with all UK shippers and everyone living in London.

There's a thread here (http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=13732) to discuss about these sad events.

Thank you florence and back to the topic :)

Sam and Jack forever together

http://www.angelfire.com/space2/sci-fi/SJBike1.jpg

http://www.angelfire.com/space2/sci-fi/SJTropicalisland3.jpg

Caty :)

divcon
July 8th, 2005, 03:33 AM

OK here goes.

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b187/divcon/jackcooks.jpg

Sam : You'd think they'd let me have at least a week off.

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b187/divcon/jackssnag.jpg

Jack : What do you mean?
Sam : I've been called into the SGC.
Jack : But it's our honeymoon. I'll ring Landry.

divcon
July 8th, 2005, 03:37 AM
Thank you florence and back to the topic :)

Sam and Jack forever together

http://www.angelfire.com/space2/sci-fi/SJBike1.jpg

http://www.angelfire.com/space2/sci-fi/SJTropicalisland3.jpg

Caty :)

Caty, those pics are amazing. How do you do it? :)

sueKay
July 8th, 2005, 03:47 AM
So glad to hear everyone is okay

((((((GateBee)))))) That was a close one. Is your daughter okay???

sueKay
July 8th, 2005, 03:50 AM
There was a bomb scare in Edinburgh yesteday. They carried out two controlled explosions on a bus in Princes Street. Dipsofjazz lives just off or very near Princes Street. I don't know exactly what happened...here's hoping it was a false alarm. See what happens when these terrorists do what they do? They put everyone on a knife edge.

Daniel's_twin
July 8th, 2005, 08:04 AM
I've already prayed about these bombings, I shall now also pray for those shippers who live near there.

On a much, much lighter note, I wasn't able to catch the whole marathon of SG-1 S8 yesterday but I caught the most important part. THE MOEBIUS KISS!!!!!!! ONE OF THE BEST KISSES THEY'VE DONE FOR A LONG TIME! (even if it was just AU). :cool:

blueiris
July 8th, 2005, 08:28 AM
Shipper Season 9 Opening Scene:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v341/Mala50/SamJack2/SpaceRaceSJ.jpg
Sam: Here's the wedding album. Let me just see if I can find a picture where Daniel isn't standing between us.

*Mala's pic*

Critter
July 8th, 2005, 08:33 AM
Has anyone over here heard from Rune since yesterday's horrific events???? :( :( :(

Billie
July 8th, 2005, 10:04 AM

Sam: Here's the wedding album. Let me just see if I can find a picture where Daniel isn't standing between us.

*Mala's pic*

LOL blueiris and I can SO imagine danny boy getting in the way!! :D :D

On the topic of S9, i've just read an article on GW regarding the plot for Beach Head and it says

He (Landry) calls upon Lt. Colonel Carter (Amanda Tapping), who has developed a potent weapon that Landry is convinced can wipe out the Ori's forces if negotiation fails. With mixed emotions, Carter returns to the SG-1 team to assist in the mission.

Mmmm anyone else think that maybe Carters mixed emotions have something to do with the departure of a certain beloved General??

Well.. following yesterdays nightmare and my subsequent dire need for all things shippy to cheer my sombre mood I am SO reading the statement to be shippy shippy shippy!!! :D :D.

Sam_o_Neill
July 8th, 2005, 10:55 AM
This is the first chance i've had to pop in today!

I'm glad to see most of our London members are ok!!! Is there anyone from London who still hasn't been in to let us know?? I'm just watching the news again and the death toll has gone up from 33 to 46 :(:(:(

My thoughts are with everyone down there!

In the newspapers there have been rumours that the people responsible are from the Midlands so the police force up here are on high alert :S We're not safe anywhere anymore :(

(((((((((((((((((((((((((Shipper Family)))))))))))))))))))

P.S Its good to see you Ship Nana! Its been a while! :) and thanks to everyone for all the shippy pics and the cookies and lemonade! :)

lonely_star
July 8th, 2005, 11:41 AM
On the topic of S9, i've just read an article on GW regarding the plot for Beach Head and it says

He (Landry) calls upon Lt. Colonel Carter (Amanda Tapping), who has developed a potent weapon that Landry is convinced can wipe out the Ori's forces if negotiation fails. With mixed emotions, Carter returns to the SG-1 team to assist in the mission.

Mmmm anyone else think that maybe Carters mixed emotions have something to do with the departure of a certain beloved General??

well all I see is the Lt. Colonel....which means...no retirement, no civilian... :rolleyes: :S
and I've just read the article about Ex deus Machina hoping that something might be revealed but nothing....nada ....rien du tout....hope Joe wasn't too exited when he said us shipperS to check out this episode... :o

Caty I'm glad to hear you're alright and thanks Florence for the infos about Caty and the fact she lives away from London, I felt better after reading your post.

I hope Rune is well too...I hope we'll have news soon

BAck to J&S cause life is a celebration, especially in those days...thanks guys for the smiles and laughter you make me feel with all those great pics and manips and thoughts.....

((((((((((((shipper family)))))))))))))

Oma-1
July 8th, 2005, 12:30 PM
I saw WoO. I think I saw D&C a while back but don't remember much from it and BTS I haven't seen at all. I also only have seasons 1 and 6 on DVD.

:eek: That's absolutely terrible!!!! At least you've seen WoO so you're not completely deprived.

Here's a couple of wallpapers to help you through the deprivation ;)

Divide & Conquer (http://img222.echo.cx/img222/50/dc4sh.jpg)

Beneath The Surface (http://img255.echo.cx/img255/7921/beneath1gj.png)

Oma-1
July 8th, 2005, 12:35 PM

*Mala's pic*

LMAO! It even looks as though Jack's checking to make sure Daniel's nowhere near and not likely to interrupt :p Jack's expression says "If you come anywhere near us I'm gonna beat the crap outta ya!"

MajorSam
July 8th, 2005, 01:39 PM
HEY SHIP FAMILY!!!!!!!!!

I know I haven't really been posting much (at all) Lately... but I am still with you all in spirit! I've just had myself a Ship Marathon, actually... *sigh*

Tonite at 2100, I'm off on a flight to a 6 week Army Training Course, so I REALLY won't be able to post!!! Wish me luck!!!! I get back August 21st. On August 22nd I start an intensive theatre course, studying under such theatre proffessionals as TOM MCBEATH!!! *Squeeee*

I love you all, SHIP FOREVER, I hope Season 9 goes well...

see you in 2 months!!!!!

(((((((((((((((Ship Family)))))))))))))

MajorSam

lonely_star
July 8th, 2005, 01:54 PM
HEY SHIP FAMILY!!!!!!!!!

I know I haven't really been posting much (at all) Lately... but I am still with you all in spirit! I've just had myself a Ship Marathon, actually... *sigh*

Tonite at 2100, I'm off on a flight to a 6 week Army Training Course, so I REALLY won't be able to post!!! Wish me luck!!!! I get back August 21st. On August 22nd I start an intensive theatre course, studying under such theatre proffessionals as TOM MCBEATH!!! *Squeeee*

I love you all, SHIP FOREVER, I hope Season 9 goes well...

see you in 2 months!!!!!

(((((((((((((((Ship Family)))))))))))))MajorSam

oh woah !!! something is sure, you won't be bored !!! have fun and take care!! and when you come back we'll fill you with all the things you missed ;)
we'll take care of our fav couple for you !! :)

See you in two Months !!!!!!
((((((((((((((((( MajorSam )))))))))))))))))))

Gatetrixer
July 8th, 2005, 02:04 PM
More Moebius 2[spoiler] Have you noticed that they sometimes act more like our SG-1 as the episode proceeds. For example, how Jack gets annoyed with Daniel,Teal'c stoically comments about the Goa'uld, and Jack radios to Sam, "Carter, how's it going in there?" following his remark that she's "hot!!" :D

'Yes, I noticed how Sam seems more and more like our Sam, less awkward,(except for the clenched fist walk towards the PJ) more assured and Jack has seemed to shed his alt. self even earlier. He's nothing like the man on the charter boat. But then our Jack supposedly didn't leave anyone behind and alt Jack left a slew behind, including Kawalsky. Always wondered when she says she likes Daniel, which Daniel she's talking about. They had just met our Daniel and the alt Daniel was dead. Of course, she says she lied about that, anyway, but she had to have someone in mind, not just lying per se. And which Daniel alt Jack thought seemed "that way?" Again, they'd just met our Daniel.

On another note, my thoughts are with our UK friends today. But there has been a local tragedy that's also in my thoughts, not on the scale of London of course, but each life is precious.

gatebee
July 8th, 2005, 02:14 PM
Jack: wonder what Sam want to do tonight?
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v205/FilBrit1/PDVD_013.jpg
cap by gb

gatebee
July 8th, 2005, 02:15 PM
Sam: I hope Jack is planning to party tonight .... TGIF
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v205/FilBrit1/PDVD_002.jpg
cap by gb

Gatetrixer
July 8th, 2005, 02:31 PM
Just wanted to stop in and say hi. I'm feeling very nostalgic today, I guess after watching all of Season 8 yesterday, brought back great shipper memories, so here's just an early one.....

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y279/Atteria/JackandSam-Sol.jpg

I'm going to miss RDA, very much. :(

I was glad to see in the latest TV GUIDE with Sam and Mitchell on the cover,that AT at least mentioned missing RDA, not like some others I could name. Her actual words were "it felt a little naked without Rick."

Billie
July 8th, 2005, 02:43 PM
Hows about a bit more shipper therapy.....

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a57/pcbillie/neworder2_3.jpg
Hellooooo to jacks hand!! ;)

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a57/pcbillie/neworder2_4.jpg
The eyes say it all (part 1) :D

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a57/pcbillie/neworder2_5.jpg
The eyes say it all (part 2) :p

The Shipper Council rests its case!!!! (for tonight anyway!!) :D :D :D :D

Somnium
July 8th, 2005, 03:14 PM
Was watching MacGyver earlier today and was wonderin if Im the only person who shouts at the TV when he kisses some one who is not Sam! Maybe Im crazy, but I dont care :p Sam will always be the only girl for Jack no matter what TV show it is :D

nell
July 8th, 2005, 03:52 PM
Just wanted to stop in and say hi. I'm feeling very nostalgic today, I guess after watching all of Season 8 yesterday, brought back great shipper memories, so here's just an early one.....

I've noticed that several of you have with your signature "Hic Comitas Regit."
What does that mean? :)

gatebee
July 8th, 2005, 05:27 PM
Jack: Sam, FCOL , what is happening to GW. No technobable please.
Sam: Well sir, I mean Jack, I think the the clock is just a bit off.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v205/FilBrit1/35b426c3.jpg

dipsofjazz
July 8th, 2005, 05:45 PM
There was a bomb scare in Edinburgh yesteday. They carried out two controlled explosions on a bus in Princes Street. Dipsofjazz lives just off or very near Princes Street. I don't know exactly what happened...here's hoping it was a false alarm. See what happens when these terrorists do what they do? They put everyone on a knife edge.
:D Hi chums. Thanks Suekay, but I'm okay. Love to all the UK shippers who are affected by this awful thing.

http://forum.gateworld.net/images/gw_icons/heart.gif Sam and Jack Together Forever! http://forum.gateworld.net/images/gw_icons/heart.gif

dipsofjazz
July 8th, 2005, 05:49 PM
:eek: That's absolutely terrible!!!! At least you've seen WoO so you're not completely deprived.

Here's a couple of wallpapers to help you through the deprivation ;)

Divide & Conquer (http://img222.echo.cx/img222/50/dc4sh.jpg)

Beneath The Surface (http://img255.echo.cx/img255/7921/beneath1gj.png)
:D These are wonderful Oma. Thanks for sharing.

divcon
July 8th, 2005, 06:26 PM
Okay, so the time travelling is happenning here as well. Hope this post pops up somewhere where it can be seen.

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b187/divcon/ohjack.jpg

Ship Nana
July 8th, 2005, 06:45 PM
I'm alright shelsfc, Oma and everybody else . I don't live in London , not far ..I'm on the south coast ( 1 hour and a half from London ) my children go to London sometimes for a school trip to see some shows at the west end ....They went to see " The Lion King " there a few weeks back .... but like Ship Nana said ..can all those evil people be brought back to justice .

Caty

Glad you and your children are all ok!!!!

Ship Nana
July 8th, 2005, 07:02 PM
Hows about a bit more shipper therapy.....

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a57/pcbillie/neworder2_3.jpg
Hellooooo to jacks hand!! ;)

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a57/pcbillie/neworder2_5.jpg
The eyes say it all (part 2) :p

The Shipper Council rests its case!!!! (for tonight anyway!!) :D :D :D :D

All in favor of Sam/Jack Ship say EYES!!!!

Sorry, couldn't help myself! :o

scjon
July 8th, 2005, 07:17 PM
I'm glad you are OK scjon and Oma too and others from GW living or working in London .
Hope we won't be hearing about any more casualties this morning . :(

and Sam and Jack forever :)

Caty

Thanks Caty, glad you're ok. I'm still slightly in shock as if I hadn't injured my knee, I would almost certainly have been on the Kings Cross underground train. Thoughts,love and sympathies to all those affected.

divcon
July 8th, 2005, 07:18 PM
Just a few more posts until we break the timeloop (fingers crossed).

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b187/divcon/confusedjack.jpg

Did someone say timeloop? Excuse me. SAM!!!!!!! Where is that woman when you need her. I've only got a few posts to go.

nell
July 8th, 2005, 07:20 PM
In case this message makes its way across the electronic highway tonight, remember there are

7........ COUNT 'EM........7 DAYS UNTIL JULY 15 PREMIERE!!!

You may SQUEE now!!!

Billie
July 8th, 2005, 07:30 PM
http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a57/pcbillie/jack27.jpg
Hey, hey...I'm trying to write a little ship fic of my own for crying out loud!

Now wouldn't that be a great read!! :D :D

Atteria
July 8th, 2005, 07:38 PM

divcon
July 8th, 2005, 07:44 PM
Here goes, I'm actually aiming to be the last post. Maybe the loop can be broken.

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b187/divcon/together.jpg

*Together at last. Did you lock the door? No I just made the jumper invisible.*

Billie
July 8th, 2005, 08:04 PM
Strange things are still happening in the GW universe *scratches head and wonders why yesterday afternoon post is still number 2 in the queue!*

Anyhoo, just popping in on a mini sleep intermission and to beg your indulgence as this is totally OT. For the last three mornings the house alarm from next door has woken me up at 4am. Today however when I've got to be up in oh about 2 hours it goes off at 3.30. So I'm handing over to Jack to sort things out....

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a57/pcbillie/jack31.jpg

Thanking you all for your indulgence (thought the pic of Jack might help!) and just so this post isn't a complete shipper loss....

HERE'S LOOKING AT YOU KIDS!!!!!
http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a57/pcbillie/jacksam16.jpg

*waves sleepily and heads off back to the world of shipper dreams*

mad_gater
July 8th, 2005, 08:19 PM
Strange things are still happening in the GW universe *scratches head and wonders why yesterday afternoon post is still number 2 in the queue!*

Anyhoo, just popping in on a mini sleep intermission and to beg your indulgence as this is totally OT. For the last three mornings the house alarm from next door has woken me up at 4am. Today however when I've got to be up in oh about 2 hours it goes off at 3.30. So I'm handing over to Jack to sort things out....

Thanking you all for your indulgence (thought the pic of Jack might help!) and just so this post isn't a complete shipper loss....

Maybe Jack is doling out a little old fashioned firing squad justice to those involved in this heinous act!

majorsal
July 8th, 2005, 08:22 PM
I was glad to see in the latest TV GUIDE with Sam and Mitchell on the cover,that AT at least mentioned missing RDA, not like some others I could name.

leave it to amanda. ;)

Her actual words were "it felt a little naked without Rick."

any sentence with the words naked and rick.... ;) :p :D

divcon
July 8th, 2005, 08:22 PM

And I thought 5am was a bad time to be waken by the neighbours alarm.(Although that night I'd only gotten to bed an hour earlier) Quite right in getting Jack to assist in this matter. Hope you got back to sleep ok.

majorsal
July 8th, 2005, 08:25 PM

i LOVE it when sam looks at jack that way! and with amanda's awesome acting, the obvious love shines through! ;)

divcon
July 8th, 2005, 08:36 PM
Right from the beginning Jack has 'cared about Sam ALOT more than he's supposed to'. Here his is from 'In the line of duty' when Sam nearly died.

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b187/divcon/2x025F184.jpg
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b187/divcon/dutytears.jpg

gatebee
July 8th, 2005, 08:43 PM
Right from the beginning Jack has 'cared about Sam ALOT more than he's supposed to'. Here his is from 'In the line of duty' when Sam nearly died.

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b187/divcon/2x025F184.jpg
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b187/divcon/dutytears.jpg
yes Jack has "Always" cared for Sam .... and Sam has "Always" thought of Jack

gatebee
July 8th, 2005, 08:49 PM

Just love looking at that picture from Threads. It was the day Gen. Jack O'Neill said "Always" to Col. Samantha Carter and she knew now that it was real.

gatebee
July 8th, 2005, 08:51 PM
Here goes, I'm actually aiming to be the last post. Maybe the loop can be broken.

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b187/divcon/together.jpg

*Together at last. Did you lock the door? No I just made the jumper invisible.*
yup you broke the loop alright .... that explosive kiss that Sam and Jack made did the trick

divcon
July 8th, 2005, 08:57 PM
Just a look says it all

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b187/divcon/iknowyou.jpg

mad_gater
July 8th, 2005, 09:01 PM
LMAO! It even looks as though Jack's checking to make sure Daniel's nowhere near and not likely to interrupt :p Jack's expression says "If you come anywhere near us I'm gonna beat the crap outta ya!"
Or an even worse fate: "Come near us and I'll send you to live with Kinsey for a month!"

Daniel: NOOOOOOOOO!!!!!! PLEASEPLEASEPLEASE!!!!!! I'll be good! I promise!!

:P:D:P:D:P:D:P:D

divcon
July 8th, 2005, 09:11 PM
Just because I love this ep. Jack doesn't have to say anything, everything he's thinking is written all over his face.

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b187/divcon/yourealive.jpg
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b187/divcon/samsback.jpg
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b187/divcon/samsback2.jpg

:D :D :D :D ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

mad_gater
July 8th, 2005, 09:11 PM
Was watching MacGyver earlier today and was wonderin if Im the only person who shouts at the TV when he kisses some one who is not Sam! Maybe Im crazy, but I dont care :p Sam will always be the only girl for Jack no matter what TV show it is :D
:S:S:S:S:S:S

You are starting to sound like a candidate for the shippertown insane asylum....:P:D:P:D

mad_gater
July 8th, 2005, 09:28 PM
Just because I love this ep. Jack doesn't have to say anything, everything he's thinking is written all over his face.

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b187/divcon/yourealive.jpg
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b187/divcon/samsback.jpg
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b187/divcon/samsback2.jpg

:D :D :D :D ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)
Jack's probably thinkin' somethin' along the lines of "Is it just me or did it suddenly get warm in here?" :P:D:P:D:P:D:P:D

divcon
July 8th, 2005, 09:31 PM
Jack's probably thinkin' somethin' along the lines of "Is it just me or did it suddenly get warm in here?" :P:D:P:D:P:D:P:D

Yeah or maybe. I think these pants are too small. They're awfully tight.

gatebee
July 8th, 2005, 09:50 PM
look at how close they are walking .... so close .... touching hands ... they didn't have to walk that near to each other but they did .... so sweet
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v205/FilBrit1/080e6fe4.jpg

divcon
July 8th, 2005, 09:56 PM
look at how close they are walking .... so close .... touching hands ... they didn't have to walk that near to each other but they did .... so sweet

Any closer and they'd become one person. :D :D

majorsal
July 8th, 2005, 10:04 PM

great pic! i just made it my desktop piccy. ;)

sg-1fanintn
July 8th, 2005, 10:23 PM
I was glad to see in the latest TV GUIDE with Sam and Mitchell on the cover,that AT at least mentioned missing RDA, not like some others I could name.

leave it to amanda.

Her actual words were "it felt a little naked without Rick."

any sentence with the words naked and rick....

Yes, what a class act Amanda Tapping is! I truly believe she and RDA are close, although I've doubted the friendship others professed for him in the past few weeks. I think she really misses him.

Sally, your view of the SG world always makes me feel better. I'm a little bummed (what an inappropriate word for a woman of my age) at the spoilers I read for Beachhead and Ex Deus Machina, but I'm going to sleep on it all before I even try to form an opinion.

Glad to see the Ship Family is well tonight. I think Sam & Jack are too.....

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y128/newsgoddess/s-jclose.bmp
JACK: I think our long, cold winter is almost over.....
SAM: You mean......?
JACK: That's right. You.....me......

gatebee
July 8th, 2005, 10:42 PM
great pic! i just made it my desktop piccy. ;)

cool very glad you can use it. I am enjoying capping. Just started 2 days ago.

gatebee
July 8th, 2005, 10:43 PM
Any closer and they'd become one person. :D :D
they are of one mind .... "Always"

Billie
July 8th, 2005, 10:47 PM
Yes, what a class act Amanda Tapping is! I truly believe she and RDA are close, although I've doubted the friendship others professed for him in the past few weeks. I think she really misses him.

Me too. Made me think of the interview with AT on one of the dvd extras either from S4 or 5 when she said that they were on their first day back filming after the long break and she saw RDA across the parking lot and thought 'Oh my *** that man is so gorgeous!, I can't believe I work with him'!!
Yep you lucky lucky lady!! :D :D

Queen Eleta
July 8th, 2005, 11:13 PM
Yeah or maybe. I think these pants are too small. They're awfully tight.

LMAO!!! And considering the pants were rather loose to begin with...well...

Queen Eleta
July 8th, 2005, 11:17 PM
I just posted these on the RDA thread, but some here might enjoy too.

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a367/queeneleta/sj.jpg

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a367/queeneleta/js2.jpg

And my fav from the earlier post:

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a367/queeneleta/tuckingin.jpg

gatebee
July 8th, 2005, 11:20 PM
And my fav from the earlier post:
http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a367/queeneleta/tuckingin.jpg
QE ... I enjoy them here and there ... thanks for sharing ... they look so good together ... don't you thunk!

sgail
July 9th, 2005, 12:33 AM
Hi! I've finally gotten the nerve to post a message here. I love reading your thoughts and feelings about Jack/Sam because I am a shipper also and have been for years. However, since RDA is moving on now and the show is going in a different direction, I really feel that The Powers That Be should wrap up this romance and give us the conclusion that we've all been waiting for for so long. In my dreams this is how I could see them doing that.

Since RDA has agreed to do the first three shows of the new season (I think that's right) then Jack could get the new team started before he announces at the end of the third episode that he is taking a job in Washington. Then, the scene could switch to a wedding. All the team would be there, of course, as the camera pans through the room. Then, the camera could focus on the couple at the front of the crowd as they say their final vows and, of course, it's Jack and Sam. And as all wedding ceremonies end, Jack finally gets to kiss Sam for real just after the minister says, "You may now kiss the bride."

After that, the show could continue with the new team for awhile probably until January or February, but we would definitely be aware of the passage of
a certain amount of time. Maybe they could show the leaves turning colors, then later snow falling, and later still it's Spring again. Anyway, in one of the later episodes (or whenever Amanda returns from maternity leave) Daniel and Teal'c could be in the conference room when Sam walks in. Daniel could say something like, "Hi, Sam, it's great to have you back! Didn't you bring Grace with you? We wanted to see her."
Then Sam could say, "No, she's with Jack. But I brought pictures!"
As you can see, I've probably put way too much thought into this, and it's highly unlikely that it will play out like this, but in the "best of all possible scenarios" it would be nice, wouldn't it? What think you?

sg-1fanintn
July 9th, 2005, 12:41 AM
Welcome, sgail!

This is the place to talk about Sam and Jack! Glad you've decided to join the family. Please come back and post often!

Hi! I've finally gotten the nerve to post a message here. I love reading your thoughts and feelings about Jack/Sam because I am a shipper also and have been for years. However, since RDA is moving on now and the show is going in a different direction, I really feel that The Powers That Be should wrap up this romance and give us the conclusion that we've all been waiting for for so long. In my dreams this is how I could see them doing that.

Since RDA has agreed to do the first three shows of the new season (I think that's right) then Jack could get the new team started before he announces at the end of the third episode that he is taking a job in Washington. Then, the scene could switch to a wedding. All the team would be there, of course, as the camera pans through the room. Then, the camera could focus on the couple at the front of the crowd as they say their final vows and, of course, it's Jack and Sam. And as all wedding ceremonies end, Jack finally gets to kiss Sam for real just after the minister says, "You may now kiss the bride."

After that, the show could continue with the new team for awhile probably until January or February, but we would definitely be aware of the passage of
a certain amount of time. Maybe they could show the leaves turning colors, then later snow falling, and later still it's Spring again. Anyway, in one of the later episodes (or whenever Amanda returns from maternity leave) Daniel and Teal'c could be in the conference room when Sam walks in. Daniel could say something like, "Hi, Sam, it's great to have you back! Didn't you bring Grace with you? We wanted to see her."
As you can see, I've probably put way too much thought into this, and it's highly unlikely that it will play out like this, but in the "best of all possible scenarios" it would be nice, wouldn't it? What think you?

Oh, yes! If only.....

We generally think we'll have to wait until the last episode of the series (not season) for that to happen.....or anything close to it. But we're always hopeful here, and everyone will like the way you think!

Sam_o_Neill
July 9th, 2005, 12:51 AM
All in favor of Sam/Jack Ship say EYES!!!!

Sorry, couldn't help myself! :o

EYES!!!!! :D:D:D
It is all about the eyes!

Uber
July 9th, 2005, 01:51 AM
SG-1 Interviews...Amanda's at the top (her first name's first alphabetically)...

I can see that Jack is mentioned but would like to know what she's really saying (as opposed to the stupid Altavista Babelfish translation that doesn't make a whole lot of sense anyway...)

Any German shippers wanna fill in the blanks on this???? Either that or direct me to the English translation since my knowledge of the German language is limited to counting from 1-10 and then to say thank you!

SO...Danke!

http://www.stargate-project.de/stargate/index.php?seite=artikel&aktion=show&ID=315

:cool:

sueKay
July 9th, 2005, 02:19 AM
I'll try and translate for ya Uber

Just popping in quckly before work to send thoughts to the Florida Shippers since I won't be visiting over the weekend. Hope you'll all be safe.

Uber...had a glance...can't really tell (my German's a little rusty) I've got some rough (and shippy) though, so I'll try a translator.

It's a bit mussed up

"Rick will as well known hardly have to be seen and therefore it
heavily the relationship further alive on the screen will show. But SAM becomes that, that it to hear wants to say, that it is not single. Like this to understand is, is left you!"

German shippers...PLEASE translate!

Someone contact _Anubis...he normally translates for us!

trupi
July 9th, 2005, 04:44 AM
Just back from the UK with a bunch a kids performing at the Welsh choral festival. We were in Oxford when the bombs went off while traveling back from Wales. What is scary, we were staying at a hotel (on Sunday and Monday previously)a few blocks from where the bombs went off . I hope everyone of our SG-1 Family is safe and sound! Didn't have time to look at all previous posts. I still working on jet-lag and my asthma was set off from the stress of the tour. Hope all is well! - Marian

nell
July 9th, 2005, 06:15 AM
This is downright spooky!!!

Where is everybody? Is this place working?

Well, I went straight to the German interviews and whipped out a German-English online dictionary. Here are the highlights but don't expect much from my interpretation.

Amanda's question Wie steht es um die Beziehung zwischen Jack und Sam?
"Rick wird ja bekanntlich kaum zu sehen sein und daher wird es schwer die Beziehung weiter lebendig auf dem Bildschirm zu zeigen. Aber Sam wird dem, der es hören will sagen, dass sie nicht ledig ist. Wie dies zu verstehen ist, bleibt euch überlassen!"

The question is about what is the relationship between Jack and Sam.

She remarks that she is not single (whatever that means). They remain committed [to each other] (whatever that means).

Rick's question Nach acht Staffeln bist du nun also Zurückgetreten und tatsächlich nicht mehr in jeder Episode der 9. Staffel zu sehen - werden wir Jack dennoch sehen?
"Klar, in den ersten Episoden werde ich auf dem Bildschirm zu sehen sein - was danch kommt: Warten wir es ab."

The question is about whether Jack is considering retiring. The response is he is comtemplating [something].

Rick's question 2: Was für eine Zukunft sieht du für Stargate? Eine 10. Staffel? Oder werden wir dich vielleicht am Ende der 9. Staffel nochmal sehen?
"Ob die Serie fortgeführt wird oder nicht, liegt jetzt nicht mehr an mir. Was die Quoten sagen ist letztlich entscheidend. Die Fans können jetzt zeigen, ob sie Stargate weiterhin wollen. Und ob ich am Ende der 9. Staffel nochmal zu sehen werde? Das ist eher unwahrscheinlich, doch an eine 9. Staffel glaubten wir Anfangs auch nicht, also wer weiß..."

The question is about whether there will be a Season 10?

His response may have to do with let's see what the fans think about it.

I hope my mini-translation is the correct spin. But I look forward to an expert translation.

sugarshaker
July 9th, 2005, 06:36 AM

Welcome sgail!

If you like Sam and Jack ship, you've come to the right place. :)

lonely_star
July 9th, 2005, 06:47 AM
welcome sgail !!!

I hope you'll have fun here, post a lot and enjoy!!!!! this family is great you'll see!! :) internationaly great! so just for you : BIENVENUE!!

and of course: SAM AND JACK FOREVER TOGETHER !!

LOL4JACK
July 9th, 2005, 08:06 AM
OK here goes.

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b187/divcon/jackcooks.jpg

Sam : You'd think they'd let me have at least a week off.

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b187/divcon/jackssnag.jpg

Jack : What do you mean?
Sam : I've been called into the SGC.
Jack : But it's our honeymoon. I'll ring Landry.
Ahhhh , so sweet!!!!!!!!! :P If Only!

Thanks for Playing (((divcon)))

LOL4JACK
July 9th, 2005, 08:11 AM

*Mala's pic*

LOL, Thanks for playing, I like it when the ship goes up!

I can soooooo see Daniel getting in every pic :D

divcon
July 9th, 2005, 08:34 AM
My daughter and I started our own marathon today. I'm watching 'Tin Man" now but I just finished 'Solitudes' (it's 1.30am now).

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b187/divcon/solitudes2.jpg

*It's my side-arm Carter. I promise. No giggling!*

Oma-1
July 9th, 2005, 09:08 AM
LOL, Thanks for playing, I like it when the ship goes up!

I can soooooo see Daniel getting in every pic :D
Daniel gets everywhere :p He's in the background of this one - and the other day I noticed the pic I put on my mobile phone for wallpaper has him in the background too! ARGGGGH! :p

I figure it must be cos he feels the love and has been so starved of it in his life he needs to be close by to bask in the glow. :D

Token
July 9th, 2005, 09:14 AM
((((((((Shipper Family)))))))) It's been too long!! What is it with RL getting in the way of my shipping!! :rolleyes: It's good to see a few familiar faces that have been away too!!

So I don't seem to be hogging the thread, I'll put my thoughts into one post. :p

Congratulations, Oma!!! http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/15/15_5_13.gif (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZSzfw003) Children are a blessing from God! I admire anyone who undertakes such a worthy challenge!!

Uber, I'm so thankful that Ezra is OK!!

(((((((((((((((( http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/741.gif (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZSzfw003) )))))))))))))))))) My thoughts and prayers are with you!!

http://bestsmileys.com/welcome/12.giflouiseajones & sgail!!! The Shipper Family needs all shippers to help keep the J/S ship afloat during Season 9!! It is sure to be a drought, but hopefully with a few sprinkles to moisten the appetite. :rolleyes:
getcarter, waterfall and all other Florida shippers, stay safe!! http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/28/28_2_3v.gif (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZSzfw003)

Kri
July 9th, 2005, 09:27 AM

FLATLINE! _________________________________________________

galaxy
July 9th, 2005, 10:43 AM
SG-1 Interviews...Amanda's at the top (her first name's first alphabetically)...

I can see that Jack is mentioned but would like to know what she's really saying (as opposed to the stupid Altavista Babelfish translation that doesn't make a whole lot of sense anyway...)

Any German shippers wanna fill in the blanks on this???? Either that or direct me to the English translation since my knowledge of the German language is limited to counting from 1-10 and then to say thank you!

SO...Danke!

http://www.stargate-project.de/stargate/index.php?seite=artikel&aktion=show&ID=315

This interview was badly translated from French to German and before I make an even worse translation and mutilate the english language :D , I will post the translation from French to English that I've found:

The heroine of Stargate reveils a new and wonderful adventure.

Amanda Tapping: My Miracle Baby

Soon to be 40 (28 August), Amanda Tapping savours the joy of being a
mother. Satisfied with Olivia as much as with Stargte SG-1, she
started shooting season 9.

TS: Your little Olivia came into your life on March 22nd. What great
joy it must have been!

AT: (laughs) Exactly ! And I can't even imagine my life without her
anymore ! As a matter of fact, from the moment I started shooting
Stargate again, in Vancouver, I have been taking her with me.

TS: Is your husband, Alan Kovacs (married on 23 September 1994) also
crazy about her?

AT: He is incredible. He is always trying to look after her. He
never in his life changed a diaper, but he is a master chef at it.

TS: Is there something you wish to pass on to her?

AT: Kindness. Because the world lacks too much of it.

TS: Before Olivia you've had two miscarriages...

AT: That was very hard on me. My first miscarriage was in autumn
2002, at the end of shooting the last episode of season 7 of
Stargate. The second one was shortly before I got pregnant with
Olivia. I don't need to tell you that we think of our girl as our
mircale baby.

TS: Do you still wish to enlarge your family in spite of what
happened ?

AT: Of course! All the more so, since I grew up with 2 brothers of
whom 1 my twin.

TS: To get back to Stargate, Richard Dean Anderson left the series
at the end of the last season. (M6 is airing the last one he will be
appearing in). Do you miss him?

AT: Yes, a lot. We all miss his humour, his jokes...

TS: Why did he leave?

AT: Because his daughter will soon turn 7 and she needs her father
to be around. During the weekdays, Richard was shooting in Vancouver
while spending his weekends in Los Angeles. It wasn't enough, so he
decided to live full-time in California.

TS: Before Richard's departure, will the fans finally have a clear
view of the love story between Jack and Samantha?

AT: Aaah no ! Anyway, while we wait for Richard's return in one or
two episodes, Samantha says to those who'd want to hear it, that she
isn't single... It's for you to figure it out.

:rolleyes: :D

galaxy
July 9th, 2005, 10:50 AM
Oh and here is the link to the interview in French (with a nice pic of Amanda).....

http://www.theamandatappingclub.net/telestar.jpg

:) :) :)

gatebee
July 9th, 2005, 11:13 AM
Oh and here is the link to the interview in French (with a nice pic of Amanda).....

WOW that is an amazing picture of Amanda Tapping. thank you for sharing

Billie
July 9th, 2005, 12:05 PM
Hey gang :)

Time to get our shipper thread back to the top of the page me thinks!!

So here's a connundrum I'm hoping you can all help me with.

OK - S8 dvd boxset ... to buy or not to buy, that is the question
I know it's not out yet but do I wait or do I just buy the individual dvds that have the best episodes? If so which episodes do you think are worth having (I know one or two which will ofcourse make the list!)

So what do you guys reckon???

Answers on a postcard to Billies Connundrum!! :D :D

melpomene
July 9th, 2005, 12:40 PM

I know it's not out yet but do I wait or do I just buy the individual dvds that have the best episodes? If so which episodes do you think are worth having (I know one or two which will ofcourse make the list!)

Well, for me buying the whole thing is a lot about the last season of getting to see Jack. But I also feel that even my least fave's can have something in them. Like season 4's Crossroads. Didn't care for the ep much, but the scene where Jack mentions somthing like 'serious sparkage' and sam says 'Sparkage?' that gets me every time... So I don't know. Just that this is the last year of Sam and Jack and I don't want to miss one ep of opportunity to read between the lines!

gatebee
July 9th, 2005, 12:59 PM
actions are stronger than words
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v205/FilBrit1/grace1.jpg

nell
July 9th, 2005, 01:04 PM

Thanks, gatebee, I just can't see that pic enough!!! Big, honkin' kiss!!! :p

sugarshaker
July 9th, 2005, 01:14 PM

I liked (and I say this with a grain of salt as I thought there were some problems with all of them :rolleyes: ):

New Order
Zero Hour
Gemini
It's Good To Be King
Reckoning
Threads
Moebius (had some good scenes even if they were AU)

I'll probably get the s8 boxed set. :)

gatebee
July 9th, 2005, 01:26 PM

Billie ... if I had the money I would buy all season. Only dvd box set I have is S7. Gave it to myself as a christmas present. Now all I am doing is recording them cause it cheaper.

gatebee
July 9th, 2005, 01:29 PM
posted this earlier but I like it so much ..... here it is again ..... see you all early tomorrow morning .....RL calls

Billie
July 9th, 2005, 03:19 PM

Oh be still my shippy beating heart!! Thanks for the pics QE!! :D :D Especially pic 2, jacks eyes closed and looking yummy!

Just a quick ques....and apologies if I seem a little....shall we say...DOH! ..but are those pics real or are they befiddled???!!! Am SO DIGGIN RDA in that blue shirt ;)

Not that it matters coz lovin them anyway! :)

gatebee, sugarshaker & mel - thanks for your valuable input into my S8 dvd connundrum I will take it under advisement!! *translation - gonna have to check with my bank manager!* :D

gatebee - lovin your pic! gonna have to rewatch that episode! :p

misstweedledee
July 9th, 2005, 03:36 PM
Hey *waves*

Now most of you probly don't even remeber me seein as it has been a pathetically long time since i posted on the thread, sorry :o But as i have been pondering again i thought i'd share, and i appologise now if you guys have already discussed this but if the thread moves half the speed it used to well....there is no point tryin to catch up cause it wont happen,:)

So i re watched the season nine promo (2)

And i really can't help but wonder why oh WHY they put the moebius kiss in there unless it possibly means something.
I mean if it was just to fill the what whole 2 secs it was on screen they hav 8 yrs of footage to pick from, why a Sam/Jack kiss.

I know we have been told the shows moving back to the old team dynamic n all, dont get me wrong i'll love that to but why do they have to continue to torment us with little things like this kiss that they KNOW we will spot in the NEW season 9 promo trailer ??

WHY ?

Oh My God i forgot how great it was to be able to rant at people who dont just turn round and go "Huh?"

misstweedledee :D

florence
July 9th, 2005, 03:38 PM
Everyone, go check this post : http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost.php?p=4348729&postcount=11136

Wonderful manip in there ! :)

mad_gater
July 9th, 2005, 04:03 PM

WELCOME SGAIL!!!!!!!!!

Step right on over to the shipper town bar and grill and drown yourself in a variety of spirits to comfort the low shipper spirit. :P:D:P:D:P:D:P:D

dipsofjazz
July 9th, 2005, 04:10 PM

:D Hi Billie. I know that the posts in this thread (http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=6918) mention that there is very little in the way of extras on the individual dvds, but all the directors series, commentaries etc will be on the box set when it comes out. I hope that helps you. :D

Oma-1
July 9th, 2005, 04:27 PM
LMAO!!! That is so excellent! What do you think Sam's thinking there??? Kinda strange expression on her face :S :p

mad_gater
July 9th, 2005, 04:29 PM
Hey *waves*

Now most of you probly don't even remeber me seein as it has been a pathetically long time since i posted on the thread, sorry :o But as i have been pondering again i thought i'd share, and i appologise now if you guys have already discussed this but if the thread moves half the speed it used to well....there is no point tryin to catch up cause it wont happen,:)

And i really can't help but wonder why oh WHY they put the moebius kiss in there unless it possibly means something.
I mean if it was just to fill the what whole 2 secs it was on screen they hav 8 yrs of footage to pick from, why a Sam/Jack kiss.

I know we have been told the shows moving back to the old team dynamic n all, dont get me wrong i'll love that to but why do they have to continue to torment us with little things like this kiss that they KNOW we will spot in the NEW season 9 promo trailer ??

WHY ?

Oh My God i forgot how great it was to be able to rant at people who dont just turn round and go "Huh?"

*pounces and huggles misstweedledee*

WELCOME BACK MISSTWEEDLEDEE!!!!!!

Oma-1
July 9th, 2005, 04:30 PM
:D Hi Billie. I know that the posts in this thread (http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=6918) mention that there is very little in the way of extras on the individual dvds, but all the directors series, commentaries etc will be on the box set when it comes out. I hope that helps you. :D
Certainly helps me Bev! Thanks for that bit of info - I'd been concerned that there'd be no extras on the boxset either. Like Melpomeme, I don't want to miss any of the Sam/Jack moments in S8 with it being RDA's final season, plus I also liked a lot of the eps (the :eek: scenes I don't like will get the "next" treatment :p ).

mad_gater
July 9th, 2005, 04:34 PM
Oh be still my shippy beating heart!! Thanks for the pics QE!! :D :D Especially pic 2, jacks eyes closed and looking yummy!

Just a quick ques....and apologies if I seem a little....shall we say...DOH! ..but are those pics real or are they befiddled???!!! Am SO DIGGIN RDA in that blue shirt ;)

Not that it matters coz lovin them anyway! :)

gatebee, sugarshaker & mel - thanks for your valuable input into my S8 dvd connundrum I will take it under advisement!! *translation - gonna have to check with my bank manager!* :D

gatebee - lovin your pic! gonna have to rewatch that episode! :p
HERE HERE!!!!

BOW BEFORE QE, GODDESS OF SHIP, BRINGER OF SHIPPY PIX!!!! :P:D:P:D:P:D:P:D

mad_gater
July 9th, 2005, 04:40 PM
Certainly helps me Bev! Thanks for that bit of info - I'd been concerned that there'd be no extras on the boxset either. Like Melpomeme, I don't want to miss any of the Sam/Jack moments in S8 with it being RDA's final season, plus I also liked a lot of the eps (the :eek: scenes I don't like will get the "next" treatment :p ).
If *I* were :eek:'s superior in the police dept. he works for, I'd've made French fries outta him for interfering with what was a CLASSIFIED military operation AND for letting his personal feelings get in the way of his judgement. Sheesh! Doesn't he know the meaning of the term CLASSIFIED? Or maybe he just doesn't like leaving well enough alone. When CLASSIFIED is mentioned, that should be the end of prying into work...not for mr. potatohead. :rolleyes:

Somnium
July 9th, 2005, 04:54 PM
Welcome SGAIL

The more the merrier, Make your self comfy and enjoy the Ship! :D

mad_gater
July 9th, 2005, 04:56 PM
This interview was badly translated from French to German and before I make an even worse translation and mutilate the english language :D , I will post the translation from French to English that I've found:

joy it must have been!

crazy about her?

mircale baby.

happened ?

whom 1 my twin.

(((((((((((((galaxy)))))))))))))))

WELCOME BACK GALAXY!!!!!!!

Somnium
July 9th, 2005, 05:04 PM
I love that little tid bit from AT,possible spoilers Sams not single. Theres hope for at least a smidgen of ship in S9
Thanks for the translations ((())).

And before I head up the wooden hill heres something to make your dreams warm and fuzzy :D

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v475/Shelby_SG1/jacksam.bmp
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v475/Shelby_SG1/hands.bmp
I borrowed this last one from someone but cant remember who, sorry! but its just too damn cute :)

mad_gater
July 9th, 2005, 05:07 PM
posted this earlier but I like it so much ..... here it is again ..... see you all early tomorrow morning .....RL calls

They're checkin' out houses for their new family! :D:D:D:D:D:D

Sam: I like this one!!!!

Jack: It's OK, but I like this one...it's bigger...can fit more kids....*waggles eyebrows*

Sam: *knows what that gleam means and likes it*.....SOLD!!!!!!!!

mad_gater
July 9th, 2005, 05:15 PM
Billie ... if I had the money I would buy all season. Only dvd box set I have is S7. Gave it to myself as a christmas present. Now all I am doing is recording them cause it cheaper.
I download....it's free!!!! :P:D:P:D:P:D:P:D

ann_sgcfan
July 9th, 2005, 05:17 PM

joy it must have been!

crazy about her?

mircale baby.

happened ?

whom 1 my twin.

Galaxy thanks for posting the interview with AT! I will view this as if the glass is half full and have some hope for S9. :D I love RDA so it I will continue to wait and hope for more episodes with him, especially when AT is there as well.

mad_gater
July 9th, 2005, 05:30 PM
Daniel gets everywhere :p He's in the background of this one - and the other day I noticed the pic I put on my mobile phone for wallpaper has him in the background too! ARGGGGH! :p

I figure it must be cos he feels the love and has been so starved of it in his life he needs to be close by to bask in the glow. :D
He'd probably wind up in the storage closet Sam and Jack hide in to make out!! :P:D

mad_gater
July 9th, 2005, 05:51 PM
Galaxy thanks for posting the interview with AT! I will view this as if the glass is half full and have some hope for S9. :D I love RDA so it I will continue to wait and hope for more episodes with him, especially when AT is there as well.
((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((ann)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

WELCOME BACK ANN!!!!!!!!

LOL4JACK
July 9th, 2005, 05:51 PM
Hello....

Today is a very shippy important day for me, I finally saw for the first time,

http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/4/4_1_112.gif Beneath the Surfacehttp://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/4/4_1_112.gif

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've never been able to join when you talk about this ep... so please excuse me, but I have to speak up :D :D :D

- When Daniel is talking to Jack about his dreams, Jack says that he normally dreams about something else and then looks at Carter..... :p

- Daniel asks about the mines and he says, that's where the two of you met, for me that sounded more like, that is where the two of you got together as a COUPLE :p

- PDL comentary, about the kiss, it was written in... why, if you ask me, would they have a kiss????? because they where a COUPLE :p and they took it out because to much kissing going on in S4 :(

- One of the top shippy scenes of all time... the head on shoulder priceless!!!

- Director's commentary on the above scene... he says something like... the way the scene was played, you couldn't know if they had been "Boyfriend and Girlfriend" for a long time or not!!!! OK, I'm dying of a heart attack here...

- And at the end when they look at each other and call each other, Colonel and Major :o , I just wanted to jump in and hug them (((((Jonah/Thera)))) snif...

ann_sgcfan
July 9th, 2005, 05:58 PM
((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((ann)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

WELCOME BACK ANN!!!!!!!!

Thanks mad_gater! It's good to be back. :D

nell
July 9th, 2005, 06:03 PM
Hello....

http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/4/4_1_112.gif Beneath the Surfacehttp://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/4/4_1_112.gif

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've never been able to join when you talk about this ep... so please excuse me, but I have to speak up :D :D :D

- When Daniel is talking to Jack about his dreams, Jack says that he normally dreams about something else and then looks at Carter..... :p

- Daniel asks about the mines and he says, that's where the two of you met, for me that sounded more like, that is where the two of you got together as a COUPLE :p

- PDL comentary, about the kiss, it was written in... why, if you ask me, would they have a kiss????? because they where a COUPLE :p and they took it out because to much kissing going on in S4 :(

- Director's commentary on the above scene... he says something like... the way the scene was played, you couldn't know if they had been "Boyfriend and Girlfriend" for a long time or not!!!! OK, I'm dying of a heart attack here...

- And at the end when they look at each other and call each other, Colonel and Major :o , I just wanted to jump in and hug them (((((Jonas/Thera)))) snif...

LOL4JACK,
I am sooooo happy for you to finally see BTS!!! It is a monumental episode in my book and only recently surpassed by Threads!!! Jonah and Thera were attracted to each other and shared a relationship based on friendship and affection. I really believe that they were in love. Maybe the early stages because I don't know if they yet acted on their feelings. Although mind stamped, our Sam's and Jack's personalities and their essence as individuals were still present. Oh, I want to add that I really, really loved Divide and Conquer but BTS gave us several scenes of their shared attraction and affection.

That's the way I feel. Squee!!!! :p

ann_sgcfan
July 9th, 2005, 06:03 PM
Hello....

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

- And at the end when they look at each other and call each other, Colonel and Major :o , I just wanted to jump in and hug them (((((Jonas/Thera)))) snif...

Glad you were finally able to see Beneath the Surface. It's one of my favorites obviously! :D I agree I think the last scene between Colonel and Major is heart wrenching.

ann_sgcfan
July 9th, 2005, 06:16 PM
What I would like to see the opening scene between Jack and Sam, despite all spoilers...

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b264/ANN_SGCFAN/J-S-campfire.jpg

Sam: I just got a call they need me back at the SGC, something about a new enemy unleashed.

Jack: Dang it! I knew it was too good to last.

Sam: Jaaaack you knew we couldn't stay here at your cabin forever ... didn't you?

Jack: I can hope. When do you leave?

Sam: I'll leave in the morning.

majorsal
July 9th, 2005, 06:18 PM

SO...Danke!

:S

i used google translation, and i feel like i was reading yoda's first attempts at speaking english!

i'd really love to know what amanda said! :p

mad_gater
July 9th, 2005, 06:21 PM
Hello....

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

'Scuse me....Jonas?!?!?! I think you mean Jonah....Jonas better not be foolin' around with Jack's gal....not if he ever valued Jack's trust in him...:P:D:P:D:P:D:P:D

LOL4JACK
July 9th, 2005, 06:44 PM
'Scuse me....Jonas?!?!?! I think you mean Jonah....Jonas better not be foolin' around with Jack's gal....not if he ever valued Jack's trust in him...:P:D:P:D:P:D:P:D
Ooooopsss, running back to edit post :D:D:D ((((Mad_Gater)))) ROFL....

(((Nell))) (((Ann_sgcfan))) thanks for sharing, I feel I've reached a new level as a shipper, like when Carter went through the gate the first time, Theoretical Astrophysics, she knew everything about the stargate but never experienced it by herself... yep... I was a TA of BTS :D I was a TABTS :D

girlgater
July 9th, 2005, 06:53 PM
Hello....

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

- And at the end when they look at each other and call each other, Colonel and Major :o , I just wanted to jump in and hug them (((((Jonah/Thera)))) snif...

Yea LOL4JACK!!! I am so glad you got to watch Beneath the Surface. It is one of my all time favorite episodes! Such a shippy show.

mad_gater
July 9th, 2005, 07:34 PM
Yea LOL4JACK!!! I am so glad you got to watch Beneath the Surface. It is one of my all time favorite episodes! Such a shippy show.
After those eps I was like "FCOL! Just find a way around the regs and kiss already! This is one dance that's getting old rather quickly!"

:P:D:P:D:P:D:P:D

Token
July 9th, 2005, 07:52 PM
Originally Posted by galaxy

WOW that is an amazing picture of Amanda Tapping. thank you for sharing

Ditto! Now my question is "Why can't Sam look like that in her civilian clothes??" Have we seen Sam in any civilian clothes that are flattering? Maybe "Ascension"?

ChevronSeven
July 9th, 2005, 07:55 PM
Ditto! Now my question is "Why can't Sam look like that in her civilian clothes??" Have we seen Sam in any civilian clothes that are flattering? Maybe "Ascension"?

I would say the suit she wore in "Covenant" and the wardrobe from "Nightwalkers."

Buc252
July 9th, 2005, 08:00 PM
leave it to amanda. ;)

Y'know, I was in the grocery store today and saw the SG1 cover, and shocked myself at how not-tempted I was to get one. Guess the love affair is really over between me and SG1. Without Rick and the ship . . . :(

Token
July 9th, 2005, 08:04 PM

Well, I'm glad you have a choice. Here we only have the boxsets so it's just a question of whether to buy or not. I will buy the S8 boxset because I have the first seven, and I couldn't pass up the last season of Sam and Jack. *sniff* I hate typing that! :(
Although if I find out that Region 2 has extras such as the "RDA Video Diary" that Region 1 doesn't, I will be buying the individual discs from the UK. :cool:

Token
July 9th, 2005, 08:10 PM
I liked (and I say this with a grain of salt as I thought there were some problems with all of them :rolleyes: ):

New Order
Zero Hour
Gemini
It's Good To Be King
Reckoning
Threads

WHAT??? No "Icon"??? :p I would also have to add "Citizen Joe" to my list and "bits and pieces" of several others.

ChevronSeven
July 9th, 2005, 08:12 PM
Well, I'm glad you have a choice. Here we only have the boxsets so it's just a question of whether to buy or not. I will buy the S8 boxset because I have the first seven, and I couldn't pass up the last season of Sam and Jack. *sniff* I hate typing that! :(
Although if I find out that Region 2 has extras such as the "RDA Video Diary" that Region 1 doesn't, I will be buying the individual discs from the UK. :cool:

Token, I found individual volumes at Circuit City when I was looking for my box set. I think they still have them, I haven't looked for them in a while.

LOL4JACK
July 9th, 2005, 08:14 PM
What's that ep where she is riding her motorbike... I think she looked good in that scene, can't find a pic, becuase I don't remeber the ep :(

Token
July 9th, 2005, 08:16 PM
Hey *waves*http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/23/23_29_125.gif (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZSzfw003)Welcome back!!

WHY ?

Good question!! It was so quick you would almost miss it.:rolleyes: I think I hear TPTB calling
"All Aboard!!" http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/7/7_2_111.gif (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZSzfw003)

Buc252
July 9th, 2005, 08:18 PM

New Order
Zero Hour
Gemini
It's Good To Be King
Reckoning
Threads

Despite liking some eps, I will definitely not be buying the boxed set. It's on principle, though - I swear they're not getting another red cent of my money until they do the right thing and resolve this ship *on screen*. They obviously think they can get along without the shippers, so we'll just see about that . . .

Token
July 9th, 2005, 08:22 PM
Everyone, go check this post : http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost.php?p=4348729&postcount=11136

Thanks for posting the link!!! "Gone with the Wind" was on this afternoon, and I couldn't help but watch it. It's such a tragic story, but I can't resist watching Rhett. Now I'll always think of this pic when I see the movie. LOL

btw... "Frankly, my dear, I don't give a [email protected]" was the number one quoted film line on the AFI's list. :cool: But I don't think Jack would ever say that to Sam.

Buc252
July 9th, 2005, 08:25 PM

Have no fear, MG. Jonas is her little brother - definitely not any threat to Jack. <g>

Gatetrixer

Sometimes I pretend that this was THE real kiss-- not a hallucination. Once in a while ya' gotta do something while waiting....and waiting....and....

mad_gater
Despite liking some eps, I will definitely not be buying the boxed set. It's on principle, though - I swear they're not getting another red cent of my money until they do the right thing and resolve this ship *on screen*. They obviously think they can get along without the shippers, so we'll just see about that . . .
Why not just download? It's free and since you're not "officially" watching by watching thru the TV, they won't see any ratings from you. I'll be watching S9 entirely by downloads. :P:D:P:D:P:D:P:D

Token
July 9th, 2005, 08:27 PM
I would say the suit she wore in "Covenant" and the wardrobe from "Nightwalkers."

"Nightwalkers" Sam did have some great clothes, but WHERE was Jack?? I don't remember the suit in "Covenant", but again did Jack see her in it?? Man, Jack didn't even get to see her in the catsuit. ;) There seems to be a pattern of great clothes = no Jack. :p

Token
July 9th, 2005, 08:31 PM
Token, I found individual volumes at Circuit City when I was looking for my box set. I think they still have them, I haven't looked for them in a while.
Really? I haven't seen any anywhere else. I don't usually shop Circuit City. For what price were the individual volumes selling?

ann_sgcfan
July 9th, 2005, 08:36 PM

New Order
Zero Hour
Gemini
It's Good To Be King
Reckoning
Threads

I agree with you, but I would include "Citizens Joe" because there are a couple of Jack/Sam moments. I also like "Covenant" because of Charles Shaughnessy! :p

ChevronSeven
July 9th, 2005, 08:36 PM
"Nightwalkers" Sam did have some great clothes, but WHERE was Jack?? I don't remember the suit in "Covenant", but again did Jack see her in it?? Man, Jack didn't even get to see her in the catsuit. ;) There seems to be a pattern of great clothes = no Jack. :p

In "Nightwalkers" Jack was blended with the symbiote. And Carter's suit in "Covenant" was when she and Daniel went to meet with the guy to convince him to not go on the air with his little "Asgard"

nell
July 9th, 2005, 08:37 PM
What I would like to see the opening scene between Jack and Sam, despite all spoilers...

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b264/ANN_SGCFAN/J-S-campfire.jpg

Sam: I just got a call they need me back at the SGC, something about a new enemy unleashed.

Jack: Dang it! I knew it was too good to last.

Sam: Jaaaack you knew we couldn't stay here at your cabin forever ... didn't you?

Jack: I can hope. When do you leave?

Sam: I'll leave in the morning.

I love it! :p thanks!

ChevronSeven
July 9th, 2005, 08:39 PM
Really? I haven't seen any anywhere else. I don't usually shop Circuit City. For what price were the individual volumes selling?

I don't know. When I saw them I just thought that they'd be great in case one of mine from my box set got damaged. I could always go out and get a replacement.

ann_sgcfan
July 9th, 2005, 08:41 PM
I love it! :p thanks!

Glad you liked it!! :D

mad_gater
July 9th, 2005, 08:44 PM
Sometimes I pretend that this was THE real kiss-- not a hallucination. Once in a while ya' gotta do something while waiting....and waiting....and....
(((((((((((((((((((((Gatetrixer)))))))))))))))))))))))

I haven't seen you for awhile...

WELCOME BACK!!!!!!!

nell
July 9th, 2005, 08:51 PM
:S

i used google translation, and i feel like i was reading yoda's first attempts at speaking english!

i'd really love to know what amanda said! :p

On page 317 I posted my Feeble attempt**note there is a capital F for feeble**at translating the German between using an online dictionary and my rusty German. I only looked at 1 Amanda and 2 RDA questions because they were key for me with shippiness info!! :p

So, take a look and see what you think. ;)

sg-1fanintn
July 9th, 2005, 08:53 PM
First of all, here's hoping everyone in Florida and along the Gulf shore stays safe as Hurricane Dennis moves through!
(Here in landlocked Tennessee, we're looking forward
to the rain Dennis will bring our dry flowers and veggies!)

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y128/newsgoddess/radar.jpg

Second, when I read the English translation of the German interview, I realized it was actually the French interview we all got so excited about several weeks ago. It must have been reprinted. I still liked reading it again, though. It gives me hope.

Third:

Welcome back, Token!
Welcome back, ann_sgcfan!
Welcome back, misstweedledee!

Hey *waves*

And i really can't help but wonder why oh WHY they put the moebius kiss in there unless it possibly means something. I mean if it was just to fill the what whole 2 secs it was on screen they hav 8 yrs of footage to pick from, why a Sam/Jack kiss.

I know we have been told the shows moving back to the old team dynamic n all, dont get me wrong i'll love that to but why do they have to continue to torment us with little things like this kiss that they KNOW we will spot in the NEW season 9 promo trailer ?? WHY ?

I remember you! You were posting here when I first joined in March. I can tell you there's been a lot of angst since then, but what would Stargate romance be without angst?

You make some good points. Maybe the things we've seen in the S9 promos (Why show the Moebius 2 kiss in an S9 promo indeed?) are hints to us that S/J will continue in spirit, even in Rick's absence.

At this point, most of us are very hopeful that the integrity of the S/J ship will be maintained through allusions to it, dialogue references and maybe a phone call or two. We've had hints that will happen. We're also hoping RDA will come back to make an appearance at the end of the season, or in S10, if there is one. We have no hints on that; just hope, and suspicions that Rick and Amanda would want to do it and some of the TPTB are really shippers at heart.

Don't stay away so long! This is a safe place to be.....where your opinions are always heard with respect.

nell
July 9th, 2005, 08:59 PM
Glad you liked it!! :D

I like your signature, too!!! I'm changing mine after Season 9 Premiere!!!

Oh, I almost forgot ** slaps self on forehead **

SQUEE ALERT!!!! :p

There are 5 DAYS UNTIL JULY 15 PREMIERE!!!

ann_sgcfan
July 9th, 2005, 09:04 PM
I like your signature, too!!! I'm changing mine after Season 9 Premiere!!!

Oh, I almost forgot ** slaps self on forehead **

SQUEE ALERT!!!! :p

There are 5 DAYS UNTIL JULY 15 PREMIERE!!!

Thanks! I just discovered how to add pictures to this forum tonight. What can I say I'm a little slow. :)

Spoiler I think ... RDA is in the season opener isn't he?? That would definitely be squee alter :D

nell
July 9th, 2005, 09:09 PM
Thanks! I just discovered how to add pictures to this forum tonight. What can I say I'm a little slow. :)

Spoiler I think ... RDA is in the season opener isn't he?? That would definitely be squee alter :D

Yes, he is and that is squee worthy!! :D

majorsal
July 9th, 2005, 09:15 PM
You make some good points. Maybe the things we've seen in the S9 promos (Why show the Moebius 2 kiss in an S9 promo indeed?) are hints to us that S/J will continue in spirit, even in Rick's absence.

At this point, most of us are very hopeful that the integrity of the S/J ship will be maintained through allusions to it, dialogue references and maybe a phone call or two. We've had hints that will happen. We're also hoping RDA will come back to make an appearance at the end of the season, or in S10, if there is one. We have no hints on that; just hope, and suspicions that Rick and Amanda would want to do it and some of the TPTB are really shippers at heart.

Don't stay away so long! This is a safe place to be.....where your opinions are always heard with respect.

yep, to it all! :D

sg-1fanintn
July 9th, 2005, 09:15 PM
Here's my idea for the opening scene of S9. Sam & Jack are at Jack's cabin in Minnesota. Teal'c and Danny are nowhere around!!!!!

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y128/newsgoddess/Threads_128CR.jpg

JACK: Trip's over tomorrow. So, we're agreed on our plans?

SAM: Yep.....I'll get Cassie settled in college, then head to Area 51. And I'll see you in about a month.....

JACK: If I can't find an excuse to get to Arizona before then......

SAM: Right. But there's e-mail and phones.....

JACK: And as soon as this project is finished.....you'll take that job at the Pentagon, right?

SAM: Yes, I will.....

JACK: Then, we'll set a date.....

SAM: I can't believe this is finally happening......

JACK: About that......I've had about enough fishing for today. Let's head inside.

SAM: Yasureyabetcha......

LOL4JACK
July 9th, 2005, 09:16 PM
Yes, he is and that is squee worthy!! :D
OK, as some of you might know english is not my first language and I get lost...

What is the meaning of squee :(?

sg-1fanintn
July 9th, 2005, 09:25 PM
OK, as some of you might know english is not my first language and I get lost...

LOL4JACK, glad to oblige!

Squee, as defined by Webster's Dictionary:

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y128/newsgoddess/901_11.jpg

sg-1fanintn
July 9th, 2005, 09:26 PM
Squee, as defined by Funk & Wagnall's Dictionary:

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y128/newsgoddess/jackscorchedearth27zl.jpg

ann_sgcfan
July 9th, 2005, 09:28 PM

Someone can correct me if I am wrong ... Squee is a sound you make when you are excited, thrilled, very happy about something or someone. :D

I think sg-1fanintn defined it much much better! :p

sg-1fanintn
July 9th, 2005, 09:29 PM
Squee, as defined by the New American Dictionary:

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y128/newsgoddess/54-6.jpg

I bet you understand "squee" now!

Gee, you'd think this was the RDA Thunk Thread!!

nell
July 9th, 2005, 09:30 PM
Here's my idea for the opening scene of S9. Sam & Jack are at Jack's cabin in Minnesota. Teal'c and Danny are nowhere around!!!!!

SAM: Yep.....I'll get Cassie settled in college, then head to Area 51. And I'll see you in about a month.....

JACK: And as soon as this project is finished.....you'll take that job at the Pentagon, right?

JACK: About that......I've had about enough fishing for today. Let's head inside.

GULP!!! Mega squees for the hot scene and mega green jello for your shippy opener!!! **fans self rapidly** :p

sg-1fanintn
July 9th, 2005, 09:35 PM
One more example--this time, of DOUBLE SQUEE!!!!!

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y128/newsgoddess/039hol02.jpg

ann_sgcfan
July 9th, 2005, 09:39 PM
One more example--this time, of DOUBLE SQUEE!!!!!

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y128/newsgoddess/039hol02.jpg

That is definitely DOUBLE SQUEE worthy!!

Here is a dumb question ... Was that scene cut during an episode in season 2?? If so which episode? I have seen every show since the begining (caught up by watching reruns on SCI-FI) and I don't remember that kiss.

LOL4JACK
July 9th, 2005, 09:42 PM
ROFLMAO (((((((SG-1fanintn))))))), thanks so much... (((((((ann_sgfan)))) thanks too...

So, English-Spanish dictionary:

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y219/cmb1009/mcu.jpg

I'm not sure if OMA and Sally will be able to get through these 2 pages of Squee :D

Token, to answer your question... so far... 3 times :D thank all for the green :p

majorsal
July 9th, 2005, 09:44 PM
I'm not sure if OMA and Sally will be able to get through these 2 pages of Squee :D

i did slip off my seat. multiple times.

*sigh*

sg-1fanintn
July 9th, 2005, 09:47 PM
Round 26 of the Fave Episodes Tournament is well underday. Sorry not to inform you sooner, but I had to work today and didn't get to check in until tonight. Seth and Inaugeration tied and were both eliminated in Round 25. Keep Divide & Conquer from getting the axe! Vote now, at: http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=12889

sg-1fanintn
July 9th, 2005, 09:49 PM
That is definitely DOUBLE SQUEE worthy!!

Here is a dumb question ... Was that scene cut during an episode in season 2?? If so which episode? I have seen every show since the begining (caught up by watching reruns on SCI-FI) and I don't remember that kiss.

I wondered that for a long time myself. Actually, that kiss never aired (unfortunately). This is a Showtime promo photo for the S2 episode, Holiday. It does prove, however, that the S/J ship was on the drawing board long before S4.

Queen Eleta
July 9th, 2005, 09:54 PM
Oh be still my shippy beating heart!! Thanks for the pics QE!! Especially pic 2, jacks eyes closed and looking yummy!

Just a quick ques....and apologies if I seem a little....shall we say...DOH! ..but are those pics real or are they befiddled???!!! Am SO DIGGIN RDA in that blue shirt

HERE HERE!!!!

BOW BEFORE QE, GODDESS OF SHIP, BRINGER OF SHIPPY PIX!!!! :P:D:P:D:P:D:P:D

Those were screen caps from season seven, Behind the Gate:RDA, I don't know exactly what they were doing, because the voice over was talking about something different. I think it was while they were filming 'Grace' because there was a behind the scenes filming of the kiss.
Here:
http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a367/queeneleta/js3.jpg

Queen Eleta
July 9th, 2005, 10:04 PM
Hey *waves*

WHY ?

This is about the season 9 promo:
I didn't even know that was from Moebius, because I hadn't seen that episode yet!!! It got me all giggly, and I posted here about it, and someone broke the news to me.

So I don't know why they would include that in the trailer, except they did the same thing last time and had the 'Grace' kiss in it, and yet nothing really developed this season.

I'm really hoping that they are not playing with us. I have a friend who runs focus groups for TV shows, ( not Stargate though) and she told me they put stuff like that in to get female viewers. I really hope they aren't playing down to us like that.

sg-1fanintn
July 9th, 2005, 10:05 PM
Those were screen caps from season seven, Beyond the Gate:RDA, I don't know exactly what they were doing, because the voice over was talking about something different. I think it was while they were filming 'Grace' because there was a behind the scenes filming of the kiss.
Here:
http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a367/queeneleta/js3.jpg

It seems like a theme for this evening: SQUEE!

Queen Eleta
July 9th, 2005, 10:10 PM
ChevronSeven

half.com also has individual discs for about two bucks plus shipping.

gatebee
July 9th, 2005, 10:13 PM

just love your idea..... oh if wishes and dreams could come true ..weeeee

majorsal
July 9th, 2005, 10:15 PM
This is about the season 9 promo:
I didn't even know that was from Moebius, because I hadn't seen that episode yet!!! It got me all giggly, and I posted here about it, and someone broke the news to me.

So I don't know why they would include that in the trailer, except they did the same thing last time and had the 'Grace' kiss in it, and yet nothing really developed this season.

I'm really hoping that they are not playing with us. I have a friend who runs focus groups for TV shows, ( not Stargate though) and she told me they put stuff like that in to get female viewers. I really hope they aren't playing down to us like that.

my thoughts on this is that they included the 'mobius' kiss because they're advertising ship! :D and why would they do this if they're not going to come through with it? i don't think there will be a lot of ship this season, but at least it's not being forgotten or ignored. and that's good, shippers! :D

there's a future for sam and jack, and we just have to be patient (again, i know) to SEE it's fruition. :D

gatebee
July 9th, 2005, 10:19 PM

love Scarlett and Brett
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v205/FilBrit1/35b426c3.jpg

nell
July 9th, 2005, 10:23 PM
SHIPPY SEASON OPENER!!!

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y209/cilljill/708_08.jpg

Daniel: So, um, Sam. We were worried. Teal'c and I thought you two were following us back to the Springs but you arrived three days later. Care to explain?

Sam: Daniel, I'm sorry, um, at the last minute we decided to turn the truck around and fish a little more.

Daniel: Fish a little more? But, you didn't catch anything. There.Are.No.Fish.

Sam is giggling!

Daniel: Sam, I don't see the humor. We were worried. We had no idea what happened.........oh, ahem, never mind.

Daniel blushes and has a sudden fascination with his shoes.

majorsal
July 9th, 2005, 10:28 PM
SHIPPY SEASON OPENER!!!

Daniel: So, um, Sam. We were worried. Teal'c and I thought you two were following us back to the Springs but you arrived three days later. Care to explain?

Sam: Daniel, I'm sorry, um, at the last minute we decided to turn the truck around and fish a little more.

Sam is giggling!

Daniel: Sam, I don't see the humor. We were worried. We had no idea what happened.........oh, ahem, never mind.

(can't rep you)

LOVE it! :D

sally :)

nell
July 9th, 2005, 10:48 PM
Season Opener part 2

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y209/cilljill/s-jclose.bmp

Sam: Jack, Daniel said he was worried because we came back three days later.

Jack: So.

Sam: So, I told him we decided to fish a little more...

Jack: But...

Sam: He isn't dumb.

Jack: Hey, we were fishing. That's our story. We're sticking to it. Whaaat, Sam?

Sam: Fishing, Jack? We decided to fish a little more?

Jack: Sure. I wish we were back fishing in Minnesota right now! :rolleyes:

pittsburghgirl
July 9th, 2005, 10:51 PM
Bless you Nell. ;-) it tried free translation-and the person who likened it to a discussion with Yoda-was so correct.

Rosemary

gatebee
July 10th, 2005, 12:10 AM
SHIPPY SEASON OPENER!!!

Sam is giggling!

love you opener Nell ... sorry can't rep you too

sg-1fanintn
July 10th, 2005, 12:40 AM
I went back tonight and compiled all the fics (and vid sites) you all recommended into a single document, so I'd have the links handy as I go to get new fic. I couldn't believe how many pages we have covered in the past short week! Since July 2nd, we've added 32 pages to this thread! That's a significant increase in traffic since this time a month ago.

Anyway, I'd be glad to share this list with anyone who wants it, but I don't really have anywhere to send it for it to be hosted. Does anyone have a good idea of how I could post it? Should I just copy all of the text and paste it into a post? Or is there a better way? Just let me know, and let me know if you're interested in the compilation.

It's just a Word doc. I'd also be glad to just e-mail it to anyone who wants to PM their e-mail address to me. I'm hesitant to use the GW "Send e-mail to" link. The last two times I tried to use it, I found out later that the people didn't receive the e-mail.

Oh, well.....I'm open to any and all suggestions.....

nell
July 10th, 2005, 12:51 AM
I went back tonight and compiled all the fics (and vid sites) you all recommended into a single document, so I'd have the links handy as I go to get new fic. I couldn't believe how many pages we have covered in the past short week! Since July 2nd, we've added 32 pages to this thread! That's a significant increase in traffic since this time a month ago.

Anyway, I'd be glad to share this list with anyone who wants it, but I don't really have anywhere to send it for it to be hosted. Does anyone have a good idea of how I could post it? Should I just copy all of the text and paste it into a post? Or is there a better way? Just let me know, and let me know if you're interested in the compilation.

It's just a Word doc. I'd also be glad to just e-mail it to anyone who wants to PM their e-mail address to me. I'm hesitant to use the GW "Send e-mail to" link. The last two times I tried to use it, I found out later that the people didn't receive the e-mail.

Oh, well.....I'm open to any and all suggestions.....

Seems I'm not the only night owl!! Hee, hee! I compiled the list of the ONE of MY FAVORITE Sam and Jack fanfics from last weekend. There were about 20. I was planning to post this for Ship Day on that special thread July 28. There was a suggestion to post stories early for reading and voting 'best of' on Ship Day. My suggestion is to invite all the authors to drop in for a hello and/or chat. These stories are among the best and I couldn't vote amongst them. I'd love for the authors to visit for their pleasure and not in a competitive atmosphere. That's what I'm thinking and I'm open to suggestions. BTW who amongst us is leading the Ship Day festivities? This will be my first time.

sg-1fanintn
July 10th, 2005, 12:55 AM
Great idea, Nell! And no, you're not the only night owl. I'd be a night owl every night if it wasn't for RL. In college, I even managed not to have a class earlier than 10:00am until my senior year!

nell
July 10th, 2005, 12:58 AM
Caffeine is wearing off......................................snooze! Good night----morning. Good morning. I'll check in later. ;)

sg-1fanintn
July 10th, 2005, 01:31 AM
Yes, nighty-night from me too. It's time for North America to slumber.

Good morning, Europe!

Billie
July 10th, 2005, 03:29 AM
Ok, while we're on the topic of random questions....can someone explain to me the little snippet from the episode failsafe when they are all working on fixing the damaged jaffa ship and sam looks over jacks shoulder and then sort of holds up her hands and backs away?? I never quite understood what that little bit meant (Doh!)
Morning shippers!! and what a beautiful morning it is too....sun is shining, sky is blue and its a warming 78 degrees...all I need now is a shipper miracle and life would be perfect!! :D :D

Just remembered that I am still at a loss as to what the above scene was trying to convey so thought I'd throw it out again to see if any of you could enlighten me. Here's a pic of the scene to help jog the memory.

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a57/pcbillie/Failsafe.jpg

How weird is it to quote your own post!! :p

pittsburghgirl
July 10th, 2005, 03:59 AM
Morning shippers!! and what a beautiful morning it is too....sun is shining, sky is blue and its a warming 78 degrees...all I need now is a shipper miracle and life would be perfect!! :D :D

Just remembered that I am still at a loss as to what the above scene was trying to convey so thought I'd throw it out again to see if any of you could enlighten me. Here's a pic of the scene to help jog the memory.

well possibly Jack could have been having a jack moment and Sam knew that discretion being the better part of valor-decided not to ask-or Jack was having and RDA moment and Amanda didn't want to be involved. I never got that scene either-it looked like Sam wanted to see what Jack was doing and decided maybe she really didn't want to get involved.

misstweedledee
July 10th, 2005, 05:12 AM
Hey *waves*

(((Mad_gater)))
(((Token)))
(((sg-1_fnitin)))
(((oma_1)))

Thanx for the welcomes back and be warned everyone i have no intention of disapearing for as long again. I'm Baaaaaaaaaack :D

oh i have a season nine related question, spolier 9 ish

i saw a screen name on msn that said;

" 10th episode of season 9 confirms jack and carter "relations!!!!" "

what What WHAT !!!!! anyone know anything about this?

oh and if anyone wants to add me to messenger i'm at either;

[email protected]
or
[email protected]

o.k hugs for all

((((((((Ship family))))))))

divcon
July 10th, 2005, 05:34 AM
SHIPPY SEASON OPENER!!!

Sam is giggling!

LOVE IT!!!!!!!!! and Pt 2 as well. Sent you some green for these :D :D :D

trupi
July 10th, 2005, 05:51 AM
What is this new and improved garbage? Were the rating off last year? I knew they had to change the credits but they replaced the theme song? I still increase the volume on the TV when present theme comes on! I liked it in the movie and one of the main reasons I started to watch the show. If the original show was so off sided, why didn't they just end the series and make a lot of the fans happy? They could have started a new version of SG-1 (maybe SG-2), stuck Michael, Chris, Amanda and whoever wanted to continue! How long do you think Amanda is going to continue on the show with the baby in tow and wanting more bambini ( She is not getting younger). They could have had Jack and Sam go into the sunset and allow Amanda to come on the new series when she wanted (open ended contract). We would be happy, RDA could make a guest appearance if he wanted and the new crew would have gotten a fresh start and not stepped on anyone toes! What are you guys thinking in Vancourver land? We now have X-Files, Farscape, Star Trek and SG-1 crammed into one. Why don't we just invited the Fantastic 4 and Spiderman into the mix? We don't want to forget the Stan Lee crowd! Sorry for venting.

LOL4JACK
July 10th, 2005, 06:26 AM
Trupi, it's not a desicion of TPTB, at least not the ones we know.. it comes from the network, this is Joe's answer to this:

If you all don't mind, I thought I'd jump ahead and respond to this question. As Joel reported, the opening sequences for both shows will be trimmed down to 10 second versions. Now, I'm watching the fan reaction on the news and I'm not surprised - but you have to ask yourself: "Will it really make that much of a difference?" "Is the opening sequence really that important?" In my opinion - you bet your a** it is. The opening sequences are as much a part of the shows as our main cast, great stirring scores by Joel Goldsmith for both SG-1 and Atlantis that really ramp up the excitement heading into a given episode.

Ultimately, the SciFi Channel felt that a 10 second opening was the way to go, following the lead of shows like Lost. Other than the abbreviated opening sequence, the timing of the episode will remain unchanged.

How do I feel? I'll miss both opening themes, but especially the SG-1 opening that has been with the show for the past 8 years.

girlgater
July 10th, 2005, 06:52 AM
We had been wondering how they were going to handle the opening credits this year...I guess now we know. Times they are a changin' :o

trupi
July 10th, 2005, 07:39 AM
Trupi, it's not a desicion of TPTB, at least not the ones we know.. it comes from the network, this is Joe's answer to this:
Thanks for responding! I just got back from London and haven't cauught up with all the posts. But it still stinks!

nell
July 10th, 2005, 09:54 AM
SHIPPY OPENER Part 3!! (This is too much fun!) ;) P.S. I don't usually remember from whom I got these super pics but thank you!!!

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y209/cilljill/Fifth41.jpg

Daniel: Fishing, Jack? I feel...left out. I'd like to think we are friends, too. But, fishing? And you didn't tell me?

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y209/cilljill/SPjack6.jpg

Jack: Daniel, stop pouting! Sam and I , well, we've been wanting to fish for a long time.

Daniel: I am not pouting.

Jack: Are too.

Daniel: Are not.

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y209/cilljill/Fallout_190W.jpg

Teal'c: O'Neill. DanielJackson. You appear to be in conflict. May I be of assistance?

Daniel: Sam told me that they were fishing. I was worried and now I learn they were fishing.

Teal'c: Indeed.

Daniel: Um, you don't sound surprised!!!

Jack: Daniel, I'm...I'm kind of...sorry that you heard this way. But, we fished and we're going to fish more and alot more as a matter of fact.

Billie
July 10th, 2005, 10:05 AM
SHIPPY OPENER Part 3!! (This is too much fun!) ;) P.S. I don't usually remember from whom I got these super pics but thank you!!!

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y209/cilljill/Fifth41.jpg

Daniel: Fishing, Jack? I feel...left out. I'd like to think we are friends, too. But, fishing? And you didn't tell me?

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y209/cilljill/SPjack6.jpg

Jack: Daniel, stop pouting! Sam and I , well, we've been wanting to fish for a long time.

Daniel: I am not pouting.

Jack: Are too.

Daniel: Are not.

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y209/cilljill/Fallout_190W.jpg

Teal'c: O'Neill. DanielJackson. You appear to be in conflict. May I be of assistance?

Daniel: Sam told me that they were fishing. I was worried and now I learn they were fishing.

Teal'c: Indeed.

Daniel: Um, you don't sound surprised!!!

Jack: Daniel, I'm...I'm kind of...sorry that you heard this way. But, we fished and we're going to fish more and alot more as a matter of fact.

Nell - you are on a roll!! :D :D Bring on part 4!! LOL :) :p

Queen Eleta
July 10th, 2005, 10:09 AM
What is this new and improved garbage? Were the rating off last year? I knew they had to change the credits but they replaced the theme song? I still increase the volume on the TV when present theme comes on! I liked it in the movie and one of the main reasons I started to watch the show. If the original show was so off sided, why didn't they just end the series and make a lot of the fans happy? They could have started a new version of SG-1 (maybe SG-2), stuck Michael, Chris, Amanda and whoever wanted to continue! How long do you think Amanda is going to continue on the show with the baby in tow and wanting more bambini ( She is not getting younger). They could have had Jack and Sam go into the sunset and allow Amanda to come on the new series when she wanted (open ended contract). We would be happy, RDA could make a guest appearance if he wanted and the new crew would have gotten a fresh start and not stepped on anyone toes! What are you guys thinking in Vancourver land? We now have X-Files, Farscape, Star Trek and SG-1 crammed into one. Why don't we just invited the Fantastic 4 and Spiderman into the mix? We don't want to forget the Stan Lee crowd! Sorry for venting.

It's good to vent. As far as shortening the opening sequence, but the length of the show remains the same as J.M. said, well more time for commercials!! Yeah!!! Just what we all want. I, for one, will be watching time-delayed on TiVo, so I can fast forward through them and foil their (commercials, not show's) evil plan to brain-wash me into buying crap I don't need. I'm too busy buying crap I do need.

nell
July 10th, 2005, 10:14 AM
Nell - you are on a roll!! :D :D Bring on part 4!! LOL :) :p

OKAY, I do have plans for more!!! Hee, hee!! **Tells self to maintain the PG rating** I'm glad my shipper friends are enjoying my splash of humor!!! :D

Queen Eleta
July 10th, 2005, 10:15 AM

The feeling I got from that scene was that Carter was checking Jack's progress, and maybe going to offered some advice or whatever, and Jack knowing her as well as he does, gave her a look to let her know he's fine, go away, and Carter, knowing Jack as well as she does, knew that look and backed off.
'Silent Communication, don'tchaknow.

nell
July 10th, 2005, 10:26 AM
Shippy Opener for Season 9 - Part 4

I'll keep going until I run out of steam or you all beg me to stop!!! Hee, hee!!

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y209/cilljill/HeroesI_030W.jpg

Sam: So, Daniel still has hurt feelings? Aw, now I'm feeling guilty.

Jack: No, Sam, he'll get over it. I can't believe he didn't notice how much we wanted to fish all these years.

Sam: Jack, he's very sensitive. We have to make it up to him. We have to tell him that things don't have to change now that we're fishing. The four of us are first and always friends.

Jack: For crying out loud! What do we have to do now?

Sam: Let's take Daniel out to dinner. We have to patch things up. You're leaving for the Pentagon soon and I'm still on his team.

Jack: OK. Danny-boy deserves that. I just wish he'd stop pouting!

Somnium
July 10th, 2005, 10:32 AM

I'll keep going until I run out of steam or you all beg me to stop!!! Hee, hee!!

Jack: No, Sam, he'll get over it. I can't believe he didn't notice how much we wanted to fish all these years.

Sam: Jack, he's very sensitive. We have to make it up to him. We have to tell him that things don't have to change now that we're fishing. The four of us are first and always friends.

Sam: Let's take Daniel out to dinner. We have to patch things up. You're leaving for the Pentagon soon and I'm still on his team.

No keep going Im lovin' it. T'is just what I need after a boring day at work.

ann_sgcfan
July 10th, 2005, 10:49 AM
Orginally Posted by misstweedledee

I have not heard anything about that spoiler. I can hope though! The 10th epiosde is "The Fourth Horseman". It could be interesting!!!

galaxy
July 10th, 2005, 11:08 AM
I have not heard anything about that spoiler. I can hope though! The 10th epiosde is "The Fourth Horseman". It could be interesting!!!

The spoilers for this ep say: "Amanda does a wonderful job in 'The Fourth Horseman' as Sam struggles to help save the world under an incredible emotional strain."
I don't know why she is under emotional strain, but maybe that has something to do with it?!?!? :confused:
...to be honest I think it has to do with "Orlin's" appereance in this ep but....
well, a girl can hope! :rolleyes:

Queen Eleta
July 10th, 2005, 11:27 AM

Ohhhh, I love it!!!! Fishing. My husband and I say: 'Folding laundry'. Long story.

LOL4JACK
July 10th, 2005, 11:32 AM

(((((((( Nell ))))))))

I love it! you are writing S9 for us :p

ann_sgcfan
July 10th, 2005, 11:32 AM
The spoilers for this ep say: "Amanda does a wonderful job in 'The Fourth Horseman' as Sam struggles to help save the world under an incredible emotional strain."
I don't know why she is under emotional strain, but maybe that has something to do with it?!?!? :confused:
...to be honest I think it has to do with "Orlin's" appereance in this ep but....

I think you may be right. Orlin is supposed to be in the episode. You would think "incredible emotional strain" would be caused by someone other than Orlin (although according to the spoilers I get the feeling the writers mean Orlin). Sam has already watched him die once and ascend. I think if Orlin died again Sam would be upset, but "incredible emotional strain" I don't know?

Maybe Jack get's sick and Sam is torn between being at the SGC or in Washington. JM mentioned that a plaque hits Earth... meaning not just the SGC but many people beyond the mountain. Of Course SG-1 finds a cure and Sam delivers the meds to Washington and checks on Jack while she is there. :p Making their relationship stronger. What? It could happen. :p

galaxy
July 10th, 2005, 11:48 AM

Sorry had to quote myself, beause I want to say that maybe it's not that unlikely that it has something to do with Jack.

I can't see why she should be under incredible emotional strain, because of something that happens to Orlin...I mean sure... she kinda cares for him, because of what happened in Ascension, but she hasn't seen him since then and I don't think "incredible emotional strain" is the right expression if you want to say that someone is concerned about a person he hardly knows and hasn't seen for such a long time...
If someone asks me: what could be a reason for Sam to be under incredible emotional strain, I would answer that it must have something to do with Jack, Teal'C, Daniel, her Dad (when he was still alive), Cassie or maybe her brother, but that's it.
I wouldn't even say General Hammond. She would be worried, of course, maybe under slight emotional strain, but not under incredible emotional strain....right? :S I don't know.
Maybe I'm just willing to grasp at any straw... :D

galaxy
July 10th, 2005, 11:51 AM
I think you may be right. Orlin is supposed to be in the episode. You would think "incredible emotional strain" would be caused by someone other than Orlin (although according to the spoilers I get the feeling the writers mean Orlin). Sam has already watched him die once and ascend. I think if Orlin died again Sam would be upset, but "incredible emotional strain" I don't know?

Maybe Jack get's sick and Sam is torn between being at the SGC or in Washington. JM mentioned that a plaque hits Earth... meaning not just the SGC but many people beyond the mountain. Of Course SG-1 finds a cure and Sam delivers the meds to Washington and checks on Jack while she is there. :p Making their relationship stronger. What? It could happen. :p

Sorry, didn't read your post before I typed mine... :o
I hope you are right. Sounds like a damn good ep to me! :D

ann_sgcfan
July 10th, 2005, 11:57 AM
Sorry, didn't read your post before I typed mine... :o
I hope you are right. Sounds like a damn good ep to me! :D

No worries! :D We were thinking along the same lines, now if we could just get TPTB to join us. :p You know "The Fourth Horseman" is going to be a cliff hanger because it is right before hiatus. I can't wait!

galaxy
July 10th, 2005, 12:18 PM
No worries! :D We were thinking along the same lines, now if we could just get TPTB to join us. :p You know "The Fourth Horseman" is going to be a cliff hanger because it is right before hiatus. I can't wait!

Yeah and from experience we know that cliffhangers and two-parters are mostly pretty shippy: Full Circle, Moebius, Evolution, Heroes, Lost City....just to name a few.
So...who knows? :rolleyes: :D

sg-1fanintn
July 10th, 2005, 12:42 PM
Hey *waves*

o.k hugs for all

misstweedledee, I think we'd all be very interested in seeing that! Could you post the link?

Billie
July 10th, 2005, 12:51 PM

nell you are a creative shippy genius and I'm gonna give you some green for all your tremendous efforts!! :p (that's if I can coz am not sure if I'm greenable yet being a newbie!!).

sg-1fanintn
July 10th, 2005, 12:55 PM
Sorry had to quote myself, beause I want to say that maybe it's not that unlikely that it has something to do with Jack.

I can't see why she should be under incredible emotional strain, because of something that happens to Orlin...I mean sure... she kinda cares for him, because of what happened in Ascension, but she hasn't seen him since then and I don't think "incredible emotional strain" is the right expression if you want to say that someone is concerned about a person he hardly knows and hasn't seen for such a long time...
If someone asks me: what could be a reason for Sam to be under incredible emotional strain, I would answer that it must have something to do with Jack, Teal'C, Daniel, her Dad (when he was still alive), Cassie or maybe her brother, but that's it.
I wouldn't even say General Hammond. She would be worried, of course, maybe under slight emotional strain, but not under incredible emotional strain....right? :S I don't know.
Maybe I'm just willing to grasp at any straw... :D

I don't think you are, galaxy. You're probably on the right track. I went looking for the MSN link that mistweedledee says confirms the S/J relationship in Episode 10 but couldn't find it. I don't use MSN very often, so I'm not as familiar with where things might be located on the site as others are. Could someone try to find it please?

That being said, if that's the case, it could account for Sam's incredible emotional strain in that ep. Now I have to worry about Jack!

By the way, if you're not watching CNN right now, you should be. Anderson Cooper and another CNN reporter are at a gas station/Dairy Queen in Florida as Hurricane Dennis moves in. And the whole report is more like a couple of bubbas standing outside in a storm saying, "Dang! Lookee here!"

Oma-1
July 10th, 2005, 01:02 PM
Thanks for posting the link!!! "Gone with the Wind" was on this afternoon, and I couldn't help but watch it. It's such a tragic story, but I can't resist watching Rhett. Now I'll always think of this pic when I see the movie. LOL

btw... "Frankly, my dear, I don't give a [email protected]" was the number one quoted film line on the AFI's list. :cool: But I don't think Jack would ever say that to Sam.
How about:

Jack: Time for that BHK Carter.
Sam: What about the regs?
Jack: Frankly my dear, I don't give a [email protected]!

sg-1fanintn
July 10th, 2005, 01:08 PM
Oma-1, Somnium, Lonely_star and Anakin......I got your messages and will send the compilation of the S/J Ship Family's fic recs to you via e-mail later this afternoon. Anakin, I think placing the page on your website is a great idea! I'm sure more of the J/S Shipper Family would love to have access to the whole thing in one doc! When you post it, will you post a link on the thread? Of course, you will! Terrific! The Ship Family comes through again!

Oma-1
July 10th, 2005, 01:34 PM
(((((Shipper family)))))

I've had such a hoot catching up today :D Absolutely loved the season openers from Nell, the pics (nicked em all :D ) and squee definitions from Nell & TN and others and LOL4JACK - the full version of your sig pic is even now in my pics waiting to manipped :D

Galaxy - it so great to see you back with us :D

Billie - I can't remember the Fail Safe scene :( - must watch that and get back to you on that later.

Nearly forgot - LOL4JACK! You've finally seen BTS! http://bestsmileys.com/cheering/1.gif

LOL4JACK
July 10th, 2005, 01:44 PM
(((((Shipper family)))))

I've had such a hoot catching up today :D Absolutely loved the season openers from Nell, the pics (nicked em all :D ) and squee definitions from Nell & TN and others and LOL4JACK - the full version of your sig pic is even now in my pics waiting to manipped :D

Billie - I can't remember the Fail Safe scene :( - must watch that and get back to you on that later.

Nearly forgot - LOL4JACK! You've finally seen BTS! http://bestsmileys.com/cheering/1.gif

((((((( Oma ))))))

Squeeeeeee :p Oma, I was worried about you with so many definitions... glad you made it through :D

BTS, pricelesssssss :o

Oma-1
July 10th, 2005, 02:09 PM
Just going OT for a second here. Be warned - I'm NOT happy.

Just popped in to see Joe, and checked out the thread for the 10 sec opening credits. NowIWillDestroyAbydos has started a petition for Sci-Fi to bring back the 1 min sequence. Here's the link for anyone who wants to sign. http://www.petitiononline.com/mod_perl/signed.cgi?uhl4k9vg&1 I already have. Don't think I was too rude or sarcastic. Here's the link for the thread if anyone wants to vent big style. http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=13828&page=1&pp=20

sg-1fanintn
July 10th, 2005, 02:13 PM

I finally figured out what this picture is saying. It's from Fail Safe, the ep where the Goa'uld had sent a naquadah-laden asteroid on a collision course with Earth. Sam and Jack are trying to get the Goa'uld ship they had taken to the asteroid running again, after it was hit by a meteor shower.

Love your new sig, Billie!

Anakin.....please PM me your e-mail address again. I got your web address, but I must have accidentally deleted the e-mail address I needed to send you the list!

And last, but not least:

Welcome back, galaxy!

galaxy
July 10th, 2005, 02:15 PM
(((((Shipper family)))))

..(...)

...(...)

Aaawwww...Thank you so much Oma. I'm touched.
I really, really missed you and the shipper family!!!

((((((OMA))))))
(((((SHIPPER FAMILY)))))

Since there is so much love in this thread at the moment, let's post some pics of our favorite couple....
Classics, but still squee-worthy: ;)

http://tinypic.com/70dmw8.jpg

http://tinypic.com/70dnvt.jpg

http://tinypic.com/70dqhi.jpg

It's so good to be back.
Woohooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D

trupi
July 10th, 2005, 02:27 PM

Just popped in to see Joe, and checked out the thread for the 10 sec opening credits. NowIWillDestroyAbydos has started a petition for Sci-Fi to bring back the 1 min sequence. Here's the link for anyone who wants to sign. http://www.petitiononline.com/mod_perl/signed.cgi?uhl4k9vg&1 I already have. Don't think I was too rude or sarcastic. Here's the link for the thread if anyone wants to vent big style. http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=13828&page=1&pp=20
Thank you very much for posting the petition site. I was venting early today about the change. Now it is up to all of us to sign the petition. As Jack would say "It's time for us to move our fat A----".

galaxy
July 10th, 2005, 02:41 PM

Okay, I signed. Wanted to be number 50, but now I'm just a lousy 49. Pah! LOL :D

I really don't know what they are thinking...I love the credits!!!!!!
They tell me: "Hey, your favorite show begins."
And I love to hum along the theme song!!!! *hmmmmm...* :p

Uber
July 10th, 2005, 02:44 PM
Hey *waves*

(((Mad_gater)))
(((Token)))
(((sg-1_fnitin)))
(((oma_1)))

Thanx for the welcomes back and be warned everyone i have no intention of disapearing for as long again. I'm Baaaaaaaaaack :D

oh and if anyone wants to add me to messenger i'm at either;

[email protected]
or
[email protected]

o.k hugs for all

misstweedledee :D Okay see now I need to know WHERE you read this and in what context it was worded...

Hmmmm...

trupi
July 10th, 2005, 02:48 PM
Okay, I signed. Wanted to be number 50, but now I'm just a lousy 49. Pah! LOL :D

I really don't know what they are thinking...I love the credits!!!!!!
They tell me: "Hey, your favorite show begins."
And I love to hum along the theme song!!!! *hmmmmm...* :p
Are we going to other forum sites, to let them know about the petition? I can't believe that other other threads wouldn't be on the same page as us, as far as the opening credits are concerned!

ses110
July 10th, 2005, 02:58 PM
I like your idea about Jack getting Sick.I would hate to think Sam is in emotional strain due to Orlin.I know Sam is a very caring Person but Sam only meet Orlin once and as a Shipper and since Jack is not in Season 9 it would be nice to see Sam worry about Jack.On another note I was wondering if anyone read the 3rd part of the RC and BW interview and the question was about Jack being in the Season finale?I know I'am a little slow but can anyone explain BW answer to the question about RDA appearing?

Oma-1
July 10th, 2005, 03:07 PM
I like your idea about Jack getting Sick.I would hate to think Sam is in emotional strain due to Orlin.I know Sam is a very caring Person but Sam only meet Orlin once and as a Shipper and since Jack is not in Season 9 it would be nice to see Sam worry about Jack.On another note I was wondering if anyone read the 3rd part of the RC and BW interview and the question was about Jack being in the Season finale?I know I'am a little slow but can anyone explain BW answer to the question about RDA appearing?
I read is Ses, and I couldn't quite decide what he meant either. Was that a we asked him and he said Yes? or we asked him and he said No? or we asked him and he said Maybe. And we talk about Joe being vague :p I was a lot perplexed, and a lot hopeful at the same time. It would be fantastic to see RDA in the season finale :p