PDA

View Full Version : Sam Carter/Jack O'Neill Ship Appreciation Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57

ses110
July 1st, 2005, 06:42 PM
Great quote Mary.I loved SG-1 for the relationship between Jack Sam Daniel and Teal'c and the Sam and Jack Ship.I get hooked on the Frienships and Romantic relationships on TV Shows.I can live without great Special affects and non stop action.I loved the original Star Trek and the Friendship between Kirk Spock and Mccoy.I loved Cheers because the Sam and Diane relationship.IMO it's the Human relationships that make a Show last.

girlgater
July 1st, 2005, 06:42 PM
There's a marathon on thursday that starts at 9am on SCIFI, I think they are showing all S8 and M1 and M2 will be on later on the day.

I've got to get organized for that marathon. I've got M1 and M2 on two separate tapes and would like to have them back-to-back. I also popped on scifi's site to check on BtS for you. It's not scheduled, apparently. All I can see is previous air dates. It did air last July, so hopefully it will show again (going on the theory that they cycle through consistently).

LOL4JACK
July 1st, 2005, 06:58 PM
I've got to get organized for that marathon. I've got M1 and M2 on two separate tapes and would like to have them back-to-back. I also popped on scifi's site to check on BtS for you. It's not scheduled, apparently. All I can see is previous air dates. It did air last July, so hopefully it will show again (going on the theory that they cycle through consistently).
(((((Girlgater))))))) Thanks again....

I will definitely go to another store... I'll have it for a memorable ocasion.... Shippers day!

In the meantime I just ordered S1, S2 and S3 :D, see how the ship was built :D

(((((Caty))))) Thanks for the advice ;)

sg-1fanintn
July 1st, 2005, 07:02 PM
Ok.....it's a little OT, but I think you'll understand.

While I was out at dinner, Darren posted the first S9 team photos. There's two of BB, one great one of AT, one of CJ, two of the team.....and none of MS!

It just doesn't look right without Jack, I have to say, but I'm still maintaining an optimistic outlook.

See the pictures at:

http://www.gateworld.net/sg1/photos_s9cast.shtml

girlgater
July 1st, 2005, 07:07 PM
Ok.....it's a little OT, but I think you'll understand.

While I was out at dinner, Darren posted the first S9 team photos. There's two of BB, one great one of AT, one of CJ, two of the team.....and none of MS!

It just doesn't look right without Jack, I have to say, but I'm still maintaining an optimistic outlook.

See the pictures at:

http://www.gateworld.net/sg1/photos_s9cast.shtml

I saw the pictures earlier. It's depressing that RDA isn't there; but I'm glad to see AT back. I think she looks really good.

Here's hoping that we'll get something! - anything! to confirm the ship that we all know exists in our hearts.

RamonaThePest
July 1st, 2005, 07:26 PM
Ship Day is on 28th July because that's when Divide and Conquer first aired in US.

If you want to know what happens on Ship Day, have a look here (http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=2698) :)
So why is the episode that started it all (ship day) not included in the poll?

sg-1fanintn
July 1st, 2005, 07:27 PM
One big question I have about our couple is does Daniel actually know??? I can't see Teal'c or Janet telling Daniel about the "I care about her a lot more than I'm supposed to" out of respect for the "leave it in the room" comment, but equally, Daniel can't have missed all the looks and touches over the years. Jack's his best friend and you know what Daniel's like for making Jack talk about things. I think if Daniel had been around for Threads he would have something to Jack about opening up and not letting Sam go.

I just find it strange that Hammond, Teal'c and Janet know, but tptb have given us no indication either way of whether Daniel knows - never mind his opinion on the matter.
*frustrated grrrrrrrrrr*

*gets of soap box and goes looking for the strepsils*
Oma-1, what are "strepsils"? As for Daniel, see below.....

I think he must know to some degree, because there's no way he could witness Sam's anxiety in "Lost City" and not get an idea of how deeply she cares for him. *sighs at Sam touching the glass/ice* There's also the part when Sam and Jack are sat together on the sofa and he very nonchalantly says "Oh, I'm sorry, are we interrupting anything?". If he thought their feelings towards each other were entirely platonic, or it had been Sam and Teal'c sat together, I doubt they would have been his choice of words.

And there's also "Grace" in which Jack and Daniel are in the elevator. You can see that Daniel's approaches the subject of Sam missing in a very tentative manner, and when Jack becomes irritable he frowns at his "lack of hope" as it were.
I think Daniel has known for a long, long time. The scenes above, especially the elevator scene in Grace, are proof enough for me. I feel he has been a lot like Teal'c.....observing from the sidelines, but not saying anything, because there's no point in drawing his friends out over something that they can't pursue because of honor. I can only remember once when Teal'c said something to Jack.....when Sam was missing, but I can't remember the ep. I can never relate the titles to what I remember! But you know the one I mean.....it's a locker room scene.....and Jack is very uncomfortable.

girlgater
July 1st, 2005, 07:32 PM
[/B]

I think Daniel has known for a long, long time. The scenes above, especially the elevator scene in Grace, are proof enough for me. I feel he has been a lot like Teal'c.....observing from the sidelines, but not saying anything, because there's no point in drawing his friends out over something that they can't pursue because of honor. I can only remember once when Teal'c said something to Jack.....when Sam was missing, but I can't remember the ep. I can never relate the titles to what I remember! But you know the one I mean.....it's a locker room scene.....and Jack is very uncomfortable.

I think it's Grace that you're referring to. Isn't it interesting that Jack has his moment in the locker room with Teal'c and so does Sam while Jack is missing (stuck on that moon with Maybourne). :rolleyes:

LOL4JACK
July 1st, 2005, 07:41 PM
So why is the episode that started it all (ship day) not included in the poll?
Hello Ramona, D&C, BTS and WOO where taken out of the poll because they are in the Hall of Fame of the shippiest eps ever :D

Buc252
July 1st, 2005, 07:47 PM
That's a fantastic quote Mary and, personally, I couldn't agree more. I think the relationships between all the cast and characters add depth to what would be a sterile sci-fi world otherwise. To keep watching a show for 8+ years to have to feel for the characters and their relationships or what's the point?]

Exactly! Who would care?

The Sam & Jack relationship is such a big part of the storyline - every bit as much as the Jack / Daniel friendship and Jack / Teal'c friendship. I understand people wanting to ignore it out of personal preference, but I really don't understand people insisting it isn't there. How can you miss it!~%?#$?!]

I guess I've always looked at it as the ultimate denial - not wanting to see what's right in front of your eyes.

I do think that our politeness hasn't had a detrimental effect though. Despite all the noise from other factions of fandom and ambivalent ptb (except the lovely JM ;)), the ship still sails. I think that's a testament to how important tptb see the S&J storyline.]

The ship sails? I tend to see it as having sunk. Or, at least, it's in treacherous waters and lost at sea. (Those waters include AU and Alt-timelines and unspecific scripts.) Going into S9, where there'll truly be *no* ship (by ship, I mean personal interaction) the ship has been lost with no hope for rescue. Maybe I'm taking this all too personally, but I think TPTB's only interest in the ship is how they can torture the fans with it. And while JM doesn't torture us as much as the others, he sure doesn't take steps to stop it. <climbs from her soap box>

It's hard to find any sort of genre series or movie whether they be sci-fi, horror, thriller, action/adventure without some form of ship.

So in the end, I don't worry about the naysayers - the show speaks for itself.

*gets of soap box and goes looking for the strepsils* :D

I absolutely agree. Which is why I don't understand how some fans of the show are sooooo determined that it can't be there.

RamonaThePest
July 1st, 2005, 07:51 PM
I loved that scene where she put her head on his shoulder. It was completely unexpected because they had pretty much dropped the ship since D&C. For me it was definitely a Woo-Hoo! moment. :)
Hi Sugar,

Did you forget about Window of Opportunity and Beneath the Surface? Totally shippy. Oh, and Entity too -- although I'm not sure if that one is before Metamophis or not.

Uber
July 1st, 2005, 08:10 PM
Hi Sugar,

Did you forget about Window of Opportunity and Beneath the Surface? Totally shippy. Oh, and Entity too -- although I'm not sure if that one is before Metamophis or not.Entity is late Season 4...Metamorphosis is Season 6...

...and in between, the frigid, arctic tundra of Ship that was Season 5...

Buc252
July 1st, 2005, 08:13 PM
I saw the pictures earlier. It's depressing that RDA isn't there; but I'm glad to see AT back. I think she looks really good.

Here's hoping that we'll get something! - anything! to confirm the ship that we all know exists in our hearts.

I agree, the photos are depressing. Amanda does look good, but there's little doubt she's a new mommy. (For the inexperienced, there are certain parts of a woman that enlarge after giving birth. <g>)

I also found the two-BB, no-MS thing interesting. Maybe they just figured they look so much alike, nobody would notice! LOL (Just joking, don't jump all over me! LOL)

Token
July 1st, 2005, 08:25 PM
What a lovely thread, Im a HUGE Sam/Jack shipper :D So its great to know theres more of you out there. Cant wait to see what S9 has in store for us. Suppose Ill have to make do with some fic in the mean time ;)

http://bestsmileys.com/welcome/8.gif
Somnium, to the Shipper Family!!
S9 maybe only shipper scraps, but we are use to that! :p
Some fic?? I think we can more than fulfill that order!! ;)

sg-1fanintn
July 1st, 2005, 08:29 PM
Welcome, Somnium!

All S/J shippers welcome here!

Token
July 1st, 2005, 08:30 PM
I agree, the photos are depressing. Amanda does look good, but there's little doubt she's a new mommy. (For the inexperienced, there are certain parts of a woman that enlarge after giving birth. <g>)

I also found the two-BB, no-MS thing interesting. Maybe they just figured they look so much alike, nobody would notice! LOL (Just joking, don't jump all over me! LOL)

LOL!! Buc!! I was thinking that, but I didn't have the nerve to say it!! :p

It is kinda weird how much MS and BB look alike. I'm surprised that the MGM big-wigs didn't have BB color his hair or something. Or MS could go back to the original look for Daniel and have long hair.

LOL4JACK
July 1st, 2005, 08:33 PM
Entity is late Season 4...Metamorphosis is Season 6...

...and in between, the frigid, arctic tundra of Ship that was Season 5...
Uber, any nice suprises for ship day... like part 3 of The Darker Side of the Night and Eclipse... you left us with a cliffhanger! :D

Lucreleia
July 1st, 2005, 08:36 PM
Hello everyone, LOL4JACK invited me to this thread, so I'm saying here I am! (Thanks L4J, by the way)

I love the Jack/Sam ship, and I KNOW that they DO belong together! ;)

But unfortunatelly, I haven't seen S8 yet, since it's only starting in my country, so I will not post very often here, cause I don't want to be spoiled. :(

For that I've read, things are not so well at the moment, but keep it coming, people, that TPTB will have to listen to the audience and get them together, even if it's at the end of the show!

Have a nice weekend everyone! :)

Token
July 1st, 2005, 08:46 PM
Hello everyone, LOL4JACK invited me to this thread, so I'm saying here I am! (Thanks L4J, by the way)

But unfortunatelly, I haven't seen S8 yet, since it's only starting in my country, so I will not post very often here, cause I don't want to be spoiled. :(

For that I've read, things are not so well at the moment, but keep it coming, people, that TPTB will have to listen to the audience and get them together, even if it's at the end of the show!

http://bestsmileys.com/welcome/11.gif
Lucreleia!!
Come on in to the Shipper Family!
Sam and Jack are waiting for you! :p
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v334/Token04/OnTopicSJ.bmp

majorsal
July 1st, 2005, 09:01 PM
You're waiting till Beach Head to return to watching? What if someone talks about Sam? Don't you want to know first hand? Or, you can count on us to be on our computers as soon as we reasonably can to post the spoilers!! Yep, I bet that's what you're gonna do!!

well, i'm on the west coast (southern california), and the peeps on the east coast see it a few hours before me. SO, if there IS anything squeeworthy, i'll have enough notice to be able to record it! ;) :D

Oh, as for the countdown...

THERE ARE A WHOLE LOT OF DAYS UNTIL SAM RETURNS IN BEACH HEAD!!

someone on the sam thread said there's 50 days... yeah, a lot of days, but it's better than NO sam! *nods vigorously*

sally :D

LOL4JACK
July 1st, 2005, 09:04 PM

Welcome Lucreleia

http://yelims2.free.fr/Fete/Ballons.gif

I'm glad you are joining us.... don't worry to much about the spoilers, we do try to hide S8 in spoiler tags although we do sometimes forget :o

But we do have fun... so don't stay away :D

RamonaThePest
July 1st, 2005, 09:11 PM
Ack! *raises hand Jack style* Will you guys stop depressing me! :(

*grumbles about the unfairness of having to wait till OCTOBER to watch S9*

Seriously though, I love the countdown Nell, keep it up! It reminds me how fast time flies in shippy fandom. :p :D I'll be glued to the thread relying on my lovely family to feed my withdrawal until I get to see it too.

((((((((((Shipper family)))))))))))

But Oma, maybe this will make you feel better -- aren't you in a country that already has Season 8 on DVD? We have to wait until Season 7 stops playing in syndication! And since I only recently got cable, I'm stuck with having seen only a few of the middle episodes of Season 8 and now Season 9 is starting.

LOL4JACK
July 1st, 2005, 09:14 PM
well, i'm on the west coast (southern california), and the peeps on the east coast see it a few hours before me. SO, if there IS anything squeeworthy, i'll have enough notice to be able to record it! ;) :D

someone on the sam thread said there's 50 days... yeah, a lot of days, but it's better than NO sam! *nods vigorously*

sally :D
Yep... I think it is right, Beach Head should air on August 19th... so depending where you are, 49 or 50 days :D

Uber
July 1st, 2005, 09:35 PM
A screen cap from a deleted scene in Affinity...

Jack enters Sam's lab and almost catches her goofing off...

http://www.powerpromoz.com/stargate/affinitysamlaptop_sm.jpg

:D

p.s....that's actually MY desktop...

sg-1fanintn
July 1st, 2005, 09:40 PM
I have a deep, dark confession to make tonight....and I can only make it to my fellow shippers. As you know, we've been living on speculation and fanfic since March. Well, I like to read for 30 minutes or so before I go to bed each night. You can't relax and balance your laptop, so I've been printing the stories out.

Now, my confession......I have a stack of fanfic about a foot and a half high! I'm so attached to some of the stories that I'm thinking about punching holes in them and putting them into notebooks.

Does anyone else have a similar situation.....or am I weirder than I thought?

Uber
July 1st, 2005, 09:40 PM
Another screen cap...this one's from Full Alert...

http://www.powerpromoz.com/stargate/image2112.jpg

ChevronSeven
July 1st, 2005, 09:42 PM
Uber, those pics are terrific!!!

sg-1fanintn
July 1st, 2005, 09:44 PM
So subtle.....yet so effective, Uber!

I don't see how you do that.....the angles....the lighting effects.

Also.....

Welcome, Lucreleia!

nell
July 1st, 2005, 09:50 PM
I have a deep, dark confession to make tonight....and I can only make it to my fellow shippers. As you know, we've been living on speculation and fanfic since March. Well, I like to read for 30 minutes or so before I go to bed each night. You can't relax and balance your laptop, so I've been printing the stories out.

Now, my confession......I have a stack of fanfic about a foot and a half high! I'm so attached to some of the stories that I'm thinking about punching holes in them and putting them into notebooks.

Not at all!! :) I have a favorite Sally Reeve story that I printed out and occasionally reread at bedtime. But, instead of a binder with real paper, I do have a folder of Favorite fanfiction that I maintain on my laptop. :rolleyes: I use one of those lap desk/pillow thingies and I can balance it on my lap just fine. If I were to print out my favorites, they'd be a stack about as big or bigger than yours!!! :D

If you prefer paper, then a notebook is a great idea! Thanks, for sharing your "confession." I bet there are more of our kind out there!!! Hee, hee!

Billie
July 1st, 2005, 09:57 PM
What a lovely thread, Im a HUGE Sam/Jack shipper :D So its great to know theres more of you out there. Cant wait to see what S9 has in store for us. Suppose Ill have to make do with some fic in the mean time ;)

WELCOME Somnium!!

Pop in lots and post lots we shippers love to chat about all things jack and sam!! :D
I can't say I'm counting the days until S9 but I will be watching in order to soak up any ship that TPTB feel inclined to throw our way!

Uber
July 1st, 2005, 10:00 PM
Here's a reworking of a convo from Unnatural Selection....

Jack: Sam didn’t go for it.

Teal'c: She did not agree to go on the mission?

Jack: Oh no, she did that. Once she knew the stakes and the fate of the universe stuff. Both she and the President realized we had no choice. The President says good luck, godspeed and all those things he says when he thinks we’re gonna die.

Daniel: So what didn’t she go for?

Jack: The name I suggested.

Daniel: Yeah Jack, you can't name your son Homer Thor O'Neill.

O’NEILL: Why not?

:cool:

sg-1fanintn
July 1st, 2005, 10:06 PM

Jack: Oh no, she did that. Once she knew the stakes and the fate of the universe stuff. Both she and the President realized we had no choice. The President says good luck, godspeed and all those things he says when he thinks we’re gonna die.

ROTFLOL! What have you been drinking to come up with that? (Just kidding) That's funny!

Billie
July 1st, 2005, 10:12 PM
Sorry Lucreleia, didn't mean to miss you off the welcomes (really must get in the habit of reading all posts before engaging brain!)

So WELCOME to the Shipper family too!! :D :D

Uber - love the pics! What a perfect way to send me off to work (yea :) to pics, :( boo to work!)

Lida
July 1st, 2005, 10:14 PM

Boy, whenever I am in dire need of a laugh, you all come through. That is a riot! Homer Thor O'Neill ????? ROFL

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!!

AustrALIEN
July 1st, 2005, 10:19 PM

LOL........that's all I can say...........

gatebee
July 1st, 2005, 10:24 PM

http://bestsmileys.com/welcome/5.gif
Lucreleia to our Sam and Jack ship .... have fun and post alot

sg-1fanintn
July 1st, 2005, 10:25 PM
Welcome, AustraALIEN!

gatebee
July 1st, 2005, 10:25 PM

AWESOME .... Uber you made me delurk ... lovely pics

gatebee
July 1st, 2005, 10:27 PM

aaahhhh UBER ... so shippy.... wish I could give you a zillion greens for those lovely pics

gatebee
July 1st, 2005, 10:33 PM

Somnium
yes this is the right place for Sam and Jack shipper

gatebee
July 1st, 2005, 10:36 PM
LOL........that's all I can say...........

HOORAY another new shipper
AustrALIEN

AustrALIEN
July 1st, 2005, 10:36 PM
Welcome, AustrALIEN!
Thanks...........Oh and how did you know that green is my fav colour for my handle?¿

AustrALIEN
July 1st, 2005, 10:40 PM
HOORAY another new shipper
AustrALIEN
Well......not so much a new shipper......just a new Gateworlder.......

Once a shipper....always a shipper..........

Silver
July 1st, 2005, 11:33 PM
Not at all!! :) I have a favorite Sally Reeve story that I printed out and occasionally reread at bedtime.

Ooh, thank you, Nell. You just gave me a sudden urge to go read a bit of Sally's "Future Imperfect" -- a great way to start the day. ;)

Welcome, Somnium and AustrALIEN (wow, cool name!). I'm kinda new too. You'll love it here! :D

Queen Eleta
July 1st, 2005, 11:46 PM
Not at all!! :) I have a favorite Sally Reeve story that I printed out and occasionally reread at bedtime. But, instead of a binder with real paper, I do have a folder of Favorite fanfiction that I maintain on my laptop. :rolleyes: I use one of those lap desk/pillow thingies and I can balance it on my lap just fine. If I were to print out my favorites, they'd be a stack about as big or bigger than yours!!! :D

If you prefer paper, then a notebook is a great idea! Thanks, for sharing your "confession." I bet there are more of our kind out there!!! Hee, hee!

(((nell))) Thank you for the tip on spoilers. I hope your not disappointed in what it is I'll tell you.
Jack and Sam are flying a ship. There are hugh explosions in front of them, then they are kissing with their hands on each others necks, then a giant fireball.
Like I said it went by pretty quick, had to watch frame by frame, but it was worth it to me.

ForeverSg1
July 2nd, 2005, 12:26 AM
Ok, I admit the photo editing sucks, but it's 2am so I'll blame it on lack of sleep. Here's something silly that popped into my head and refused to be ignored. Hopefully someone will find it semi amusing.

Who'da thunk that Jack had a romantic side...
http://img54.imageshack.us/img54/5690/homer2ga.jpg

florence
July 2nd, 2005, 12:49 AM

I do the same thing : print fics, read them in bed and keep them if I find them really good ! :D
I can't tell you how many notebooks I have now : for XF fics, for SG1 fics... and I think I'll have to begin a SGA notebook soon as well ! :D

florence
July 2nd, 2005, 12:52 AM
(((nell))) Thank you for the tip on spoilers. I hope your not disappointed in what it is I'll tell you.
Jack and Sam are flying a ship. There are hugh explosions in front of them, then they are kissing with their hands on each others necks, then a giant fireball.
Like I said it went by pretty quick, had to watch frame by frame, but it was worth it to me.

Sorry to disappoint you but what you're talking about is a scene from Moebius Pt 2
I don't think we'll see something like that in S9 unfortunately :(

Oma-1
July 2nd, 2005, 01:07 AM
[/B]
Strepsils are throat lozenges - all that ranting gave me a sore throat :p

That's the locker scene from Grace. But being about 3 pages behind at this point I'm sure someones already pointed that out :p

It's been great reading everyone's opinion on whether Daniel knows. I thought he must surely know but couldn't think of any particular examples (had a brain dead moment there :p ). Thanks for all the specifics and examples you've shared. I believe now :p

Oma-1
July 2nd, 2005, 01:17 AM

I thought exactly the same things when I saw the pics!! I'll jump up and down with ya and fight off the attackers :p

Oma-1
July 2nd, 2005, 01:22 AM
But Oma, maybe this will make you feel better -- aren't you in a country that already has Season 8 on DVD? We have to wait until Season 7 stops playing in syndication! And since I only recently got cable, I'm stuck with having seen only a few of the middle episodes of Season 8 and now Season 9 is starting.
Kinda makes me feel better - but more outraged that you have to wait so long!!!!

((((((((Ramona and everybody else in the same boat)))))))))))

Oma-1
July 2nd, 2005, 01:25 AM

I have a folder full of fanfics :p And loads saved to my hard drive so I don't have to go searching for my favourites :p Think of it as a sign of a real die-hard shipper :D

Oma-1
July 2nd, 2005, 01:29 AM

Great pics MB! When someone posted a suggestion of Jack having a pic of Sam on his desk I immediately remembered this one and your description of how you made it :p

I'm pretty sure I remember someone posting a pic of Jack's desk with a picture of their wedding on it - was it Sir Ruff?? Anyone remember for sure??

Oma-1
July 2nd, 2005, 01:32 AM

Just as long as the kid isn't a kinda jaundiced looking grey colour, I see nothing wrong with that name :p

Oma-1
July 2nd, 2005, 01:37 AM
Ok, I admit the photo editing sucks, but it's 2am so I'll blame it on lack of sleep. Here's something silly that popped into my head and refused to be ignored. Hopefully someone will find it semi amusing.

Who'da thunk that Jack had a romantic side...
http://img54.imageshack.us/img54/5690/homer2ga.jpg

Very amusing :D :p

Oma-1
July 2nd, 2005, 04:00 AM
Knew I'd find it eventually :D
Here's the link to Sir Ruff's excellent manip of Jack's desk in Zero Hour.

http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost.php?p=351757&postcount=50128

RamonaThePest
July 2nd, 2005, 04:08 AM
:p
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v334/Token04/OnTopicSJ.bmp
Wow! Talk about love for the guys! I wouldn't even be able to look at my kids that lovingly if Mommy and Daddy were sitting on the couch about to have THIS PARTICULAR LONG AWAITED HEART TO HEART. GO TO YOUR ROOM KIDS! GET BACK IN THE CAR DANNY AND TEAL'C! But she looks so lovingly patient. Who woud think it was her last chance to talk to him?

RamonaThePest
July 2nd, 2005, 04:17 AM
So subtle.....yet so effective, Uber!

I don't see how you do that.....the angles....the lighting effects.

Well, I know if I could manipulate my computer like that, Sam and Jack would have sailed that ship by now and I woud post it so all my fellow shippers could see. How about it Uber? How about say Jack in his T-shirt in Threads leaning over the bed and finding one of Sam lying prone possibly from an infirmiry scene? Come on Uber, Puhleeeze?

RamonaThePest
July 2nd, 2005, 04:35 AM
That's the locker scene from Grace. But being about 3 pages behind at this point I'm sure someones already pointed that out
Oma, I'm such a newbie that I'm feel guilty contradicting you, but there is definitely an episode (not Grace though) where Sam is missing and Teal'c tries to talk to O'Neill about it - upcoming spoiler and tells O'Neill about how distessed Sam was when he was missing at one point. I don't know if you'll read the rest of this cause you may not want to be really spoiled if you haven't seen it In a previous episode Amanda used Teal'c's shoulder to literallly boo hoo on that Jack was missing

Silver
July 2nd, 2005, 05:29 AM
Oma, I'm such a newbie that I'm feel guilty contradicting you, but there is definitely an episode (not Grace though) where Sam is missing and Teal'c tries to talk to O'Neill about it - upcoming spoiler and tells O'Neill about how distessed Sam was when he was missing at one point. I don't know if you'll read the rest of this cause you may not want to be really spoiled if you haven't seen it In a previous episode Amanda used Teal'c's shoulder to literallly boo hoo on that Jack was missing

That first one you mention in which Sam is missing is Grace; Sg-1 have just returned from scouting a planet in the hope of finding the Prometheus and Jack throws his cap in the locker room (lol); Teal'c talks to him. Jack's distressed in Death Knell, too, but there's no conversation about it. The second one you mention in which Jack is missing is Paradise Lost.

Gosh, gets a bit confusing! :o

RamonaThePest
July 2nd, 2005, 05:30 AM
Does anyone know what Joseph Mallozzi is referring to in his blog when he mentions the episode "Charlie"? I've viewed the list of titles of episodes for Season 9 and there isn't one there entitled "Charlie." And of course, we all know that Charlie was the name of Jack's son and the only other Charlie I can think of is the Harsesis child who wanted to be called Charlie. Does anyone know what he's talking about?

RamonaThePest
July 2nd, 2005, 05:33 AM
That first one you mention in which Sam is missing is Grace; Sg-1 have just returned from scouting a planet in the hope of finding the Prometheus and Jack throws his cap in the locker room (lol); Teal'c talks to him. Jack's distressed in Death Knell, too, but there's no conversation about it. The second one you mention in which Jack is missing is Paradise Lost.

Gosh, gets a bit confusing! :oThanks for correcting me, Silver. (Oma, I should have known you were right). I have a horrible time with the title of episodes because even though I own the DVD's, the episode titles only rarely seem to ring true to me with what the shows are about. Any one else think so?

LOL4JACK
July 2nd, 2005, 05:40 AM
Does anyone know what Joseph Mallozzi is referring to in his blog when he mentions the episode "Charlie"? I've viewed the list of titles of episodes for Season 9 and there isn't one there entitled "Charlie." And of course, we all know that Charlie was the name of Jack's son and the only other Charlie I can think of is the Harsesis child who wanted to be called Charlie. Does anyone know what he's talking about?
Per Joe... Charlie is an episode from Atlantis and not related at all with SG1 nor O'Neil... I know... why would they call it Charlie then?

Somnia and AustrALIEN Welcome!!!!

Lucreleia
July 2nd, 2005, 06:29 AM
Uber, those pics are terrific!!!

I agree! Keep them coming!

Lucreleia
July 2nd, 2005, 06:46 AM

It's a quote to just ROFLMAO!

pittsburghgirl
July 2nd, 2005, 07:37 AM
Per Joe... Charlie is an episode from Atlantis and not related at all with SG1 nor O'Neil... I know... why would they call it Charlie then?

Somnia and AustrALIEN Welcome!!!!
are we sure? has JM made it clear that it has no relation to the character from SG-1?

nell
July 2nd, 2005, 08:00 AM
Good Morning, Shippers! Where is everybody when I come to play???

******DRUM ROLL******

CONGRATULATIONS TO florence and Oma-1

on 700 and 900, respectively!!! Clap, clap, clap!!!

WELCOME ALL NEWBIES!!!

Token
July 2nd, 2005, 08:40 AM

Notebook?? :eek: *quickly glances at 2-drawer filing cabinet that is full and alphabetized* Yeah, sure, I got only a notebook! :rolleyes: *throws a blanket over the stacks waiting to be filed* Compulsive, tactile reader?? :S Who says?? :mad: Oh, I guess that would be me. :o Well, what's a girl to do? :cool: Print! Print! and PRINT some more!!! :D

Somnium
July 2nd, 2005, 08:44 AM

Me too. No its not weird :) I hate it whan you cant track down a fic you wanna re read so this is a perfect way to keep them where you can find them (handy if your computer isnt working too). Some fics are just so fab you want to read them over and over again.

nell
July 2nd, 2005, 08:59 AM
Me too. No its not weird :) I hate it whan you cant track down a fic you wanna re read so this is a perfect way to keep them where you can find them (handy if your computer isnt working too). Some fics are just so fab you want to read them over and over again.

I like to think of it as having a collection. You know, like a hobby. Yeah, my hobby is to collect great fanfiction. :rolleyes: Sam and Jack stories, of course! :p I keep a Favorites fanfiction folder on my laptop. That works best for me. I have one Sally Reeve story printed for emergency bedside reading. :eek: But, usually my wireless laptop fits just fine on my lap using a pillow lap desk thingy! And coming to The Thread is a great way for me to share my hobby interests with other, ahem, hobbyists!! :D

BTW the Stargate Fan Awards nominees will be posted within a week and they allow appx 3 weeks to read and then voting begins. Not to miss!!! ;)

nell
July 2nd, 2005, 09:05 AM
Notebook?? :eek: *quickly glances at 2-drawer filing cabinet that is full and alphabetized* Yeah, sure, I got only a notebook! :rolleyes: *throws a blanket over the stacks waiting to be filed* Compulsive, tactile reader?? :S Who says?? :mad: Oh, I guess that would be me. :o Well, what's a girl to do? :cool: Print! Print! and PRINT some more!!! :D

OKAY, Girl, you have a regular archive of envious proportions!!! Do you take appointments for Sam and Jack scholars to research your documents? :D Hee, hee!!! Do you have a Jack Clone as curator? I definitely will make an appointment!!! Hee, hee!!

nell
July 2nd, 2005, 09:56 AM
I started thinking about our fanfiction collections and I wonder if you Shippers are interested in having a Fanfiction Swap? Please suggest a better name!! Anyway, how about we each suggest ONE of our favorite Sam and Jack fanfiction stories and I"ll make a list at the end? We could open this up for a limited time, say, 24 hours. One suggestion per Shipper. Then see what we get!!

Yes, this is very hard! REMEMBER, this is ONE of YOUR FAVORITES!! We know we all have lots of cherished stories!!

Tell me what you think! Just a little fun activity for the weekend!

I'll start: Dancing on the Volcano by Toulouse (Includes PG and R versions)
http://www.montrose.net/toulouse/page6.html

Include the link or web address if you can, please. ;)

Token
July 2nd, 2005, 10:44 AM
OKAY, Girl, you have a regular archive of envious proportions!!! Do you take appointments for Sam and Jack scholars to research your documents? :D Hee, hee!!! Do you have a Jack Clone as curator? I definitely will make an appointment!!! Hee, hee!!

Like I said, "What's a girl to do?" :o Yes, I do happen to have a few Jack clones for my collection. :rolleyes: One for each genre! ;)

Action: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v334/Token04/JackPromoDK.jpg

Whumpage:http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v334/Token04/JackInjured.jpg

Fun: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v334/Token04/JackFishing.jpg

General:http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v334/Token04/JackUniform.jpg

& of course Shipper: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v334/Token04/Jack225.jpg :D

For those that don't know, The Shipper thread and the Thunk thread are connected by the gutter!! Wee!! ;)

Token
July 2nd, 2005, 10:58 AM
I started thinking about our fanfiction collections and I wonder if you Shippers are interested in having a Fanfiction Swap? Please suggest a better name!! Anyway, how about we each suggest ONE of our favorite Sam and Jack fanfiction stories and I"ll make a list at the end? We could open this up for a limited time, say, 24 hours. One suggestion per Shipper. Then see what we get!!

Yes, this is very hard! REMEMBER, this is ONE of YOUR FAVORITES!! We know we all have lots of cherished stories!!

ONE???? :eek: *looks at file cabinet* How can I choose?? :eek: :eek: There are soooo many GREAT ones!! ACK! Hmmm....if you're going to force me to choose, then OK.

This was one of the first fanfics I ever read, and it got me hooked! It had me up all night reading. My husband thought I was crazy, but I couldn't go to bed until I knew what happened. :rolleyes: It's 117 pages!! It's also an adult story, but it has great action, romance, and surprises! Enjoy!

The Odyssey by Carhop

http://www.sg1-heliopolis.com/helio2/archive/6/theodyssey.html

jay
July 2nd, 2005, 11:14 AM
picking one favorite story is pretty tough for me. don't think i can just pick one. how about an enitre series? my favorite would be ‘Chosen Hearts Series’ by Hail Dorothy

http://www.emeraldrose.net/stargate.htm

nell
July 2nd, 2005, 11:20 AM
picking one favorite story is pretty tough for me. don't think i can just pick one. how about an enitre series? my favorite would be ‘Chosen Hearts Series’ by Hail Dorothy

Hi jay,
Yes, I think a series counts as ONE!!! Keep 'em coming Shippers!! ;)

Oma-1
July 2nd, 2005, 12:43 PM

Great idea Nell! Maybe we could do it as part of the Shipper Day celebrations? We all list our fave stories over the weekend / next few days, then hold the vote on shipper day.

What do you think??

Oma-1
July 2nd, 2005, 12:49 PM
Thanks for correcting me, Silver. (Oma, I should have known you were right). I have a horrible time with the title of episodes because even though I own the DVD's, the episode titles only rarely seem to ring true to me with what the shows are about. Any one else think so?
Ramona - don't apologise for asking questions :p I have been known to be wrong on waaaaaay more than one occasion :p

As for the titles, I've watched all the seasons so often I can match up titles and storylines about 90% of the time :p I'm okay at quotes, but some screen caps in my collection still have me stumped :D

Oma-1
July 2nd, 2005, 12:52 PM
are we sure? has JM made it clear that it has no relation to the character from SG-1?
I'm sure L4J is right. JM answered a question stating that the name Charlie was a coincidence and had nothing to do with Charlie O'Neill, or Reetu Charlie.

So why not choose another name? *shakes head in wonder and confusion*

nell
July 2nd, 2005, 12:53 PM
Great idea Nell! Maybe we could do it as part of the Shipper Day celebrations? We all list our fave stories over the weekend / next few days, then hold the vote on shipper day.

What do you think??

Thanks, Oma-1, that is a terrific idea for Shipper Day! But, I suggest that we limit to ONE SUGGESTED STORY/SERIES PER SHIPPER in order to have a reasonable number for voting. Are there any other ideas out there for Shipper Day?

Oma-1
July 2nd, 2005, 12:55 PM
Token - what a fantastic idea!!! I may have to be getting myself a few more clones :D Originally I thought I'd only be able to handle one Jack, but one specialising in each genre - could be perfection! :D

Still trying to decide which fic to post :S

nell
July 2nd, 2005, 12:55 PM
Ramona - don't apologise for asking questions :p I have been known to be wrong on waaaaaay more than one occasion :p

As for the titles, I've watched all the seasons so often I can match up titles and storylines about 90% of the time :p I'm okay at quotes, but some screen caps in my collection still have me stumped :D

There we go! A "Guess the Screen Cap" contest for Shipper Day!! :D

Billie
July 2nd, 2005, 01:04 PM
Boy...fav fic....talk about mission impossible!! Always love a challenge thou :D :cool:

I have to admit I had a phase of reading fic when I first became a shipper and pretty much read Sally Reeves entire collection (loved all of them :) ) but then RL got in the way and it's not until recently that I started up again. This time I picked up the recommendation for meimeis fanfic either in this thread or my other fav the RDA thunk thread. Anyhow maybe because meimeis fics are fresh in my mind but mainly coz I'd couldn't put one in particular down thus only getting a mere four hours sleep before starting a 12hour shift at work :) I would have to vote Temptation (warning - big people only!!)

http://home.earthlink.net/~shiawmeimei/id129.html

Can I just say now, if meimei pops in and reads this....could you make your fic any more addictable!! :rolleyes: :p ((((((((meimei)))))))))

Sum1
July 2nd, 2005, 01:04 PM
I'm sure L4J is right. JM answered a question stating that the name Charlie was a coincidence and had nothing to do with Charlie O'Neill, or Reetu Charlie.

So why not choose another name? *shakes head in wonder and confusion*

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't Charlie Major Kawalsky's first name? If so, It might have something to do with him.

Billie
July 2nd, 2005, 01:18 PM
There we go! A "Guess the Screen Cap" contest for Shipper Day!! :D

FAB idea!! Oooo I LOVE things like that! and hey any excuse for a visual shipfest!!

How about a little teaser.....

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a57/pcbillie/js22.jpg

*aahhhh...sighs shippily and rushes off to watch ..... on dvd!!*

Sam_o_Neill
July 2nd, 2005, 01:32 PM

LOL :D I was thinking the same thing!! :D

gatebee
July 2nd, 2005, 01:58 PM
FAB idea!! Oooo I LOVE things like that! and hey any excuse for a visual shipfest!!

How about a little teaser.....

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a57/pcbillie/js22.jpg

*aahhhh...sighs shippily and rushes off to watch ..... on dvd!!*
yes do love shippy pics.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v205/FilBrit1/119all02.jpg
pic fr either rda-forever or

florence
July 2nd, 2005, 02:21 PM

Only one ? Hard choice ! :eek:
Okay, if I only get to give one of my fav, I would say Future Imperfect by Sally Reeve (PG)
http://memento.pinch-me.net/fic/futureimperfect.htm

sclairef99
July 2nd, 2005, 02:47 PM

Oooooooooooo this is fun! I have often thought of printing out fic, but haven't thus started, as I'm not sure hubs would know what to do with me and a notebook full of fic! I look forward to all the fic suggestions as I have resorted to book marking the favs and then putting them in my palm to read on the plane as I fly to and fro....

I highly recommend Meimei's fic....this is actually the first fic I read and still my favorite. Sally Reeve is also good...as is Shimmering Star's Choices....but my rec for this purpose is....:

Back To Reality by Mei Mei
http://home.earthlink.net/~shiawmeimei/id6.html

S

sclairef99
July 2nd, 2005, 02:53 PM
Squeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

I am sooooooooooooooooooooo excited! I was really bummed yesterday when I got pulled over for not having current tags on my car....because I haven't been able to fork over the cash.....in any case - now I HAVE to, so I re-uped on line....and they asked if I would like personalized license plates....so....my new plate is......

SG 4

I am soooooooooooooooooooooooooo excited for it to get here!!!!!!!!!!!! I told hubs and he was pretty good about it...thought it was cute. I was going to do something shipperish...but I thought for sure hubs would throw me out on the curb with my car and DVD's then! ;) Just kidding...hubs has no intention of throwing me to the curb.....or the DVD's....I've mostly converted him to shipperdom....

Ok...that was my fun for the day!!!

S

majorAl
July 2nd, 2005, 02:58 PM
hi everyone i'm new and just susing out whats going on. i'm a bit new to this in genral but have been watching sg from biginning - glad other people get the S/J Ship thing. i'm feeling a little behind as an uk bound and only have trestreal so only jaust seen s.7 - looking forward to more ship in s.8 though :)

sclairef99
July 2nd, 2005, 03:02 PM
hi everyone i'm new and just susing out whats going on. i'm a bit new to this in genral but have been watching sg from biginning - glad other people get the S/J Ship thing. i'm feeling a little behind as an uk bound and only have trestreal so only jaust seen s.7 - looking forward to more ship in s.8 though :)

Welcome MajorAl! Congrats on your first post! Come in Grab some shipper cookies and have some fun!!!! Shipper day is coming up soon...you'll want to stick around for that!

S

Token
July 2nd, 2005, 03:04 PM

A big Shipper http://bestsmileys.com/welcome/12.gifto you, majorAl!! We DEFINITELY get the S/J Ship thing here!! Pull up a chair and post lots! Any favorite S/J moment or favorite fanfic?

majorAl
July 2nd, 2005, 03:18 PM
i have the whole fanfic thing to get in to yet ( Ah the possiblites ) but im curently digging the AT thing that happens on pic 3 of your banner. when their back on the real time line and she's like 'what' and he's just 'nothing' with that smile on his face....
dam regs

Lida
July 2nd, 2005, 03:25 PM

Welcome majorAl!

Hope you are enjoying yourself. You picked one of the 2 best threads on the Forum, this one (of course) and Sam's a Great Character! OK, the Jack thread is pretty darn great too. ;)

Hope you continue to post and all opinions are welcome. This is a FANtastic group of shippers and just plain lovers of SG-1. So relax, grab a snack (there's a huge feast next door at Sam's place) and have fun!

And to everyone, have a great weekend and if you are in the states, Happy 4th of July! :D

sclairef99
July 2nd, 2005, 03:30 PM
i have the whole fanfic thing to get in to yet ( Ah the possiblites ) but im curently digging the AT thing that happens on pic 3 of your banner. when their back on the real time line and she's like 'what' and he's just 'nothing' with that smile on his face....
dam regs

Cool! Thanks, that's my fav!

S

majorAl
July 2nd, 2005, 03:37 PM
so has any one got any advive for a newbe( :p )? for instance i'd love to hear about fanfic, some really good stuff to get me started. any extra cool stuff i should know about on the web? :cool:

also i'd love to hear all your latest thoughts on S/J - i need to be educated so teach any one who is wiser!! ;)

is there any recomended watching form the back episodes 1- 7 that a good shiper would do to watch- plus any good moments form thoes that i should keep my eyes open for??!! :eek: :eek:

majorAl
July 2nd, 2005, 03:40 PM
cool everyone thaks for the WELCOM. Lida i'll go and check out the sam thred

majorAl
July 2nd, 2005, 03:40 PM
cool everyone thaks for the WELCOMe. Lida i'll go and check out the sam thred

majorAl
July 2nd, 2005, 04:03 PM
wooh hooh!!!!!! i've just read my first fanfic - cool how could i not realise all this was out hear????????

ShimmeringStar
July 2nd, 2005, 04:27 PM
wooh hooh!!!!!! i've just read my first fanfic - cool how could i not realise all this was out hear????????Ah hah! I think we've got mA addicted! :p Now you just wait until you get the urge to write your own! :)

Somnium
July 2nd, 2005, 04:27 PM

Good choice I love this series its so addictive heres hopingto more instalments.
Another one I recommend is Twighlight heres the link http://outoftheroom.homestead.com/TWILIGHThome.html I warn you its long..........but fab :D

ShimmeringStar
July 2nd, 2005, 04:38 PM
Oooooooooooo this is fun! I have often thought of printing out fic, but haven't thus started, as I'm not sure hubs would know what to do with me and a notebook full of fic! I look forward to all the fic suggestions as I have resorted to book marking the favs and then putting them in my palm to read on the plane as I fly to and fro....

I highly recommend Meimei's fic....this is actually the first fic I read and still my favorite. Sally Reeve is also good...as is Shimmering Star's Choices....but my rec for this purpose is....:

Back To Reality by Mei Mei
http://home.earthlink.net/~shiawmeimei/id6.html

SAwwwww thank you s'claire! RL has interferred with getting story #2 done any sooner, but I've been better about it the past couple days. Between yesterday and today added 17 pages and it's up to about 57 pages (22.5K words). Have just printed it out {reduced the fonts and margins tho! :D } (And yep, paper is *much* more portable than a CPU & works well without power! ;) :p ) & will see what's missing & how it flows at this point.

*coughs* I will have to admit to having printed out one or two of MeiMei’s. (Yes, I’m *well* over the age of consent!)

I think I’d have to recommend Sally Reeves’ (aka SG1 novelist Sally Malcolm) "Christmas Flame." It was one of the first fanfics I’d ever read, just about this time last year (and I still haven’t read a heck of a lot of fanfic). But I'd highly recommend her works - she's a wonderful writer.

Here's the link to Christmas Flame: http://uk.geocities.com/mystories_uk/christmasflame.html

Her main site is: http://uk.geocities.com/mystories_uk/

dipsofjazz
July 2nd, 2005, 04:41 PM
so has any one got any advive for a newbe( :p )? for instance i'd love to hear about fanfic, some really good stuff to get me started. any extra cool stuff i should know about on the web? :cool:
:D Welcome majorAl. Here are some links for Sam and Jack fan fic...

http://www.samandjack.net/directory/frames.html

http://www.fanfiction.net/

http://sg1-heliopolis.com/

These should keep you busy for a while! :D

dipsofjazz
July 2nd, 2005, 04:45 PM
:D I forgot to mention dear old Gateworld, which has its own fic section..

http://www.gateworld.net/fanfic/search.shtml

Queen Eleta
July 2nd, 2005, 04:52 PM
Sorry to disappoint you but what you're talking about is a scene from Moebius Pt 2
I don't think we'll see something like that in S9 unfortunately :(

Then what the he.. heck is it doing in the 'Get ready for something new' promo if it is not, in fact, new? I'll have to watch.. that episode you mention ..next week and see.

Uber
July 2nd, 2005, 04:58 PM
wooh hooh!!!!!! i've just read my first fanfic - cool how could i not realise all this was out hear????????
Feel free to read mine as well...I've written the first drafts of The Darker Side of Night and Eclipse...posted here:

http://www.fanfiction.net/~ubersg1fan

And trying to work on the finale: The Emergence of Dawn...but have been held up by a major Amanda Tapping project, a major Sam/Jack shippy project and real life....

But please feel free to read what I have so far and be sure to post reviews for both!

Gatetrixer
July 2nd, 2005, 05:02 PM
I'd like to suggest two of my favorites.

(1) An Answer in the Stillness by Pough www.geocities.com/sazz27/an_answer.html
a series, and don't read it before retiring or you'll be sniffling all night.

(2) The Best I Ever Had by Noda
www.geocities.com/Area51/Labrynth/7277/thebest1.html

a long one so leave enough time to finish it when you start, unless you like to read by chapters (I don't)

Once upon a time(a tale for the young'uns) fanfiction was available only in fanzines. I guess some still is. But back in those olden days, no internet at your fingertips. Some fan out there had to solicit writers to fill up her zine, had to advertise to fans that a zine was coming up and what was in it. Fans would order the zine, pay for it (which was used for printing costs by the zine compiler) and then wait months for this new reading material. But what a great day when the mailman delivered that zine!! And what a difference now with all those stories available with a click. I guess someone confessing how she printed out stories from the internet to read got me thinking about how I used to curl up in a favorite chair to read the newly delivered zine (though I usually had to wait until much more important tasks [not to my thinking, though] were completed)

Queen Eleta
July 2nd, 2005, 05:16 PM
I'd like to suggest two of my favorites.

(1) An Answer in the Stillness by Pough www.geocities.com/sazz27/an_answer.html
a series, and don't read it before retiring or you'll be sniffling all night.

(2) The Best I Ever Had by Noda
www.geocities.com/Area51/Labrynth/7277/thebest1.html

a long one so leave enough time to finish it when you start, unless you like to read by chapters (I don't)

Once upon a time(a tale for the young'uns) fanfiction was available only in fanzines. I guess some still is. But back in those olden days, no internet at your fingertips. Some fan out there had to solicit writers to fill up her zine, had to advertise to fans that a zine was coming up and what was in it. Fans would order the zine, pay for it (which was used for printing costs by the zine compiler) and then wait months for this new reading material. But what a great day when the mailman delivered that zine!! And what a difference now with all those stories available with a click. I guess someone confessing how she printed out stories from the internet to read got me thinking about how I used to curl up in a favorite chair to read the newly delivered zine (though I usually had to wait until much more important tasks [not to my thinking, though] were completed)

Nice to see someone who remembers the good old zine days. I always liked the fan art that were in a lot of them too.

nell
July 2nd, 2005, 05:17 PM
Awwwww thank you s'claire! RL has interferred with getting story #2 done any sooner, but I've been better about it the past couple days. Between yesterday and today added 17 pages and it's up to about 57 pages (22.5K words). Have just printed it out {reduced the fonts and margins tho! :D } (And yep, paper is *much* more portable than a CPU & works well without power! ;) :p ) & will see what's missing & how it flows at this point.

*coughs* I will have to admit to having printed out one or two of MeiMei’s. (Yes, I’m *well* over the age of consent!)

I think I’d have to recommend Sally Reeves’ (aka SG1 novelist Sally Malcolm) "Christmas Flame." It was one of the first fanfics I’d ever read, just about this time last year (and I still haven’t read a heck of a lot of fanfic). But I'd highly recommend her works - she's a wonderful writer.

Here's the link to Christmas Flame: http://uk.geocities.com/mystories_uk/christmasflame.html

Her main site is: http://uk.geocities.com/mystories_uk/

Thanks, ShimmeringStar and everyone that is sharing ONE of their FAVORITE Sam and Jack Fanfiction stories/series!!! I'll make a list of your recommendations in time for Shipper Day on July 28. In order to give as many Shippers and other S&J fans a chance to contribute, I'll keep this activity open for several days. Please share with our Jack/RDA Thread and our Sam is our Favorite Character Thread so they may join in!! Thanks a bunch!! ;)

Cassie
July 2nd, 2005, 05:46 PM
Welcome majorAl!. Here's some Sam and Jack Vid links if your interested!
http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost.php?p=429032&postcount=599

sclairef99
July 2nd, 2005, 06:01 PM
Welcome majorAl!. Here's some Sam and Jack Vid links if your interested!
http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost.php?p=429032&postcount=599

Now if you are looking for some awesome shippy vids....Caty is the master in my opinion (you may have to pm her to get some of the vids) but Marimba does some awesome stuff too.
http://www.angelfire.com/space2/sci-fi/StargateSG1.html

http://www.marimba26.com/JackandSamAlways

Have Fun....

S

Gatetrixer
July 2nd, 2005, 07:19 PM
Nice to see someone who remembers the good old zine days. I always liked the fan art that were in a lot of them too.

Oh, yes, the fan art! I still have a few zines that I didn't re-sell to other fans, 'cause I liked the zines and stories in them so much. Oh, remember the filks and the poetry?

Gatetrixer
July 2nd, 2005, 07:24 PM
:D Welcome majorAl. Here are some links for Sam and Jack fan fic...

http://www.samandjack.net/directory/frames.html

http://www.fanfiction.net/

http://sg1-heliopolis.com/

These should keep you busy for a while! :D

Heliopolis hasn't had any new fics for over a month. Does anyone know why?

mad_gater
July 2nd, 2005, 07:35 PM
HIYA EVERYONE!!!! :):):):):):)

*comes in with long beard*

see what happens when you've been away awhile? LOL!

Sorry about that! Work keeps me busy. That and the fact that I'm reluctant to use GW from my home dial-up cuz whenever dial-up kicks me off which happens frequently, I have to re-login to GW cuz that's the way GW's set up.

mad_gater
July 2nd, 2005, 07:44 PM
Heliopolis hasn't had any new fics for over a month. Does anyone know why?
*pounces and huggles GT and everyone in the thread*

I'm so happy to see you all again!! :):):):):):)

And as for Helio I think there was some server restructuring or somethin' or moving stuff to a new server. Seems like technology these days you're always movin' files around more than anything! :rolleyes:

And for you newbies I haven't meant yet, I pounce my ship family all the time. Me and my mental Tok'ra roomate (aka my Tok'ra symbiote), Kel'dor are very outgoing...which is unusual to find amongst Tok'ra. But If Kel'dor is gonna be an Earth based operative he needs native currency...that's why we've been working at a local dollar store.

And Kel'dor's already cottoned onto the fact that since everything is a dollar or less at the dollar store we work at...most things there are a better deal there than at any supermarket....so he spends most of our paycheck on candy...I think he's addicted to it...:p:D:p:D:p:D:p:D

And on that note....

WELCOME TO ANY NEWBIES I'VE MISSED DURING MY LONG ABSENCE!!!!

STEP RIGHT ON IN TO THE SHIPPERTOWN BAR AND GRILL!!!!

I work there as a part-time bar tender....VERY part time due to RL job and other RL events as you can plainly see...

mad_gater
July 2nd, 2005, 07:59 PM
And please suspend disbelief! 'Tis I, MG/Kel'dor! Tok'ra shipper of legend returned....bad typing and all.....:P:P:P:P:P:PIf any of you would be so kind as to catch me up on current ship family events I would be most grateful. ;)

mad_gater
July 2nd, 2005, 08:19 PM
Thanks, ShimmeringStar and everyone that is sharing ONE of their FAVORITE Sam and Jack Fanfiction stories/series!!! I'll make a list of your recommendations in time for Shipper Day on July 28. In order to give as many Shippers and other S&J fans a chance to contribute, I'll keep this activity open for several days. Please share with our Jack/RDA Thread and our Sam is our Favorite Character Thread so they may join in!! Thanks a bunch!! ;)
((((((nell))))))) Love your sig!! :D:D:D:D:D:D

Token
July 2nd, 2005, 08:30 PM
Now if you are looking for some awesome shippy vids....Caty is the master in my opinion (you may have to pm her to get some of the vids) but Marimba does some awesome stuff too.

Have Fun....

S

Marimba also has some GREAT, FANTASTIC snarky vids!!

http://www.marimba26.com/JackandSamAlwaysteam.html

"Master of the House" is an award winner in my book!! ;) "I Will Survive" speaks for all Shippers. :cool:

She also hosts other Shippers Mel, Christy, and Tame's vids as well. :D

mad_gater
July 2nd, 2005, 08:32 PM
I apologize if I offended anyone by posting about my getting a new job. It was my understanding that we were not only shippers but a community as well, like family. And I thought that as "family" you'd all like to be informed of my good news. I didn;t know if there was a way to PM every member of this thread about it...so I posted instead. But my understanding was apparently incorrect. Again I apologize.

mad_gater
July 2nd, 2005, 08:34 PM

"Master of the House" is an award winner in my book!! ;) "I Will Survive" speaks for all Shippers. :cool:

(((((((token)))))))

I'M BA-ACK!!!!

*cue creepy music*

:P:D:P:D:P:D:P:D

Token
July 2nd, 2005, 08:36 PM

Sorry about that! Work keeps me busy. That and the fact that I'm reluctant to use GW from my home dial-up cuz whenever dial-up kicks me off which happens frequently, I have to re-login to GW cuz that's the way GW's set up.

((((((((((((((((((((((MG))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

What's up with the beard??? :p It's about darn time you showed up! My glass was getting empty! http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/10/10_7_3.gif (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZSzfw003) OK, glasses! :p

Here's what you can do with your computer.... http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/3/3_8_13.gif (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZSzfw003) Of course, it won't fix your problem, but you'll feel better! :cool:

mad_gater

I LOVE Caty's and Marima's shippy vids!!!! Esp. the snarky ones!!!! Newbies you can check out the Caty and Marimba video store in shippertown!! :P:D

nell
((((((nell))))))) Love your sig!! :D:D:D:D:D:D

Hi mad_gater!

Nice to meet you and thanks! Like I've told my Shipper friends, I'm computer-graphics challenged so I rely on expressing myself creatively with words!! I try, anyway! Well, I'm relatively new to The Thread but I've been having a blast discussing the prospects for our Sam and Jack in Season 9. We have a variety of opinions and feelings about what to expect. It's a terrific place to express myself because everyone is welcoming and supportive of differences. It's interesting and fun here! But, I bet you knew that already and that's why you're back?! ;)

mad_gater
July 2nd, 2005, 08:43 PM

What's up with the beard??? :p It's about darn time you showed up! My glass was getting empty! http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/10/10_7_3.gif (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZSzfw003) OK, glasses! :p

Here's what you can do with your computer.... http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/3/3_8_13.gif (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZSzfw003) Of course, it won't fix your problem, but you'll feel better! :cool:
Not to mention that if I did that with my computer I wouldn't be able to visit my shipper family at all unless I go to a library....which I might do from now on for time with my shipper family cuz the libraries have broadband...which you apparently need for GW.....GW seems to run kinda slow on dial-up.

mad_gater
July 2nd, 2005, 08:48 PM

*loads token up on rum 'n' cokes* :p:D:p:D:p:D:p:D

and just in case I'm not able to go online on Monday...

HAPPY 4TH OF JULY EVERYONE!!!!

Bet Sam and Jack'll be too busy creating their own "fireworks" to pay any heed to the lavish shippertown display...;):D

mad_gater
July 2nd, 2005, 08:55 PM
Hi mad_gater!

Nice to meet you and thanks! Like I've told my Shipper friends, I'm computer-graphics challenged so I rely on expressing myself creatively with words!! I try, anyway! Well, I'm relatively new to The Thread but I've been having a blast discussing the prospects for our Sam and Jack in Season 9. We have a variety of opinions and feelings about what to expect. It's a terrific place to express myself because everyone is welcoming and supportive of differences. It's interesting and fun here! But, I bet you knew that already and that's why you're back?! ;)
Was only away for awhile cuz my new job keeps me busy....the hassle of retail...but a dollar store...which amounts to nothing more than a large convenience store dealing in only non-perishables...it's not as bad as a supermarket.

And my co-workers are cool, which is nice. My mgr. and ass't mgr. are pretty approachable and I joke with them a lot. In a supermarket I couldn't really have that kind of relationship with my bosses.

Cassie
July 2nd, 2005, 09:04 PM
*loads token up on rum 'n' cokes* :p:D:p:D:p:D:p:D

and just in case I'm not able to go online on Monday...

HAPPY 4TH OF JULY EVERYONE!!!!

Bet Sam and Jack'll be too busy creating their own "fireworks" to pay any heed to the lavish shippertown display...;):D

Let the sparks fly MG :D :D
Spoilers-
http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b308/Stargate1/Kiss2.jpg
http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b308/Stargate1/Kiss3.jpg

Queen Eleta
July 2nd, 2005, 09:10 PM
Oh, yes, the fan art! I still have a few zines that I didn't re-sell to other fans, 'cause I liked the zines and stories in them so much. Oh, remember the filks and the poetry?

Yup! I just went to a small local con where we were up all night filking. I hadn't done that in a longggg time. (filked or gone to a con)

sg-1fanintn
July 2nd, 2005, 09:13 PM
I like to think of it as having a collection. You know, like a hobby. Yeah, my hobby is to collect great fanfiction. :rolleyes: And coming to The Thread is a great way for me to share my hobby interests with other, ahem, hobbyists!! :D
Yes, “hobbyists.” That’s a lot more flattering than “fanfic fanatic.” And I love your idea of sharing fave fanfic titles, Nell! Several of my favorite fics have already been submitted. So, I’ll submit one that is in GW’s collection. It’s called Exile, and it’s at: http://www.gateworld.net/fanfic/archive/21/exile.html

Sam and Jack get stranded on a planet for several months after a mission goes bad, and..…well, you should be over 18 to read it.

I have to also mention this very subtle ship S/J fic. It’s called Question of Suitability, by MissAnnThropic. I don’t read her stuff too often, cause sometimes major characters die in her stories (I don't need that!), but not in this one! It’s basically a conversation between Jacob and Daniel about Sam and Jack. I really liked the way it showed proof of J & S’s feelings for each other. It’s at: http://www.gateworld.net/fanfic/archive/35/questionof.html

Feel free to read mine as well...I've written the first drafts of The Darker Side of Night and Eclipse...posted here: http://www.fanfiction.net/~ubersg1fan
And trying to work on the finale: The Emergence of Dawn...but have been held up by a major Amanda Tapping project, a major Sam/Jack shippy project and real life....
.....and making great photo manips for us to enjoy here and on the SAGC thread! Yes (taps foot), we’ve been waiting on part 3 for some time now (furrows brow). But we understand. And the bonus is: when part 3 is published, we may feel compelled to read parts 1 & 2 again!!!!!

Congratulations, Florence, on 700 posts!

Congratulations, Oma-1, on 900 posts!

Welcome, majorAl!

Welcome back, mad_gater!

nell
July 2nd, 2005, 09:15 PM
Let the sparks fly MG :D :D
Spoilers-
http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b308/Stargate1/Kiss2.jpg
http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b308/Stargate1/Kiss3.jpg

OMG! :p Those pics are beautiful!! :p Thanks for sharing! :)

Queen Eleta
July 2nd, 2005, 09:24 PM
OMG! :p Those pics are beautiful!! :p Thanks for sharing! :)

THAT was the scene I was talking about ((((NELL))))!!!!

SuSiE_SG1
July 2nd, 2005, 09:29 PM
does anyone know if anything is actually going to happen between the lovely couple???

Buc252
July 2nd, 2005, 09:31 PM

Before I got my palmtop, I did this regularly with my XF fic. I now have about twelve 1" binders filled with the best there is out there in XF. And I have two of SG. Yes, yes, if you know me, you know that I had my palmtop *before* I discovered SG, so I really shouldn't have any printed Stargate fic. But now I'll make my own confession: I love to read fanfic in the bath tub! But knowing me, if I took the palmtop in, I'd drop it, so I still print out stories from time to time. <g>

Have no fear, you're not alone in this. ;-)

sg-1fanintn
July 2nd, 2005, 09:37 PM
Welcome, Susie_SG1!
All right, fellow shippers. This is a call to arms. Some of us have been participating in a "favorite episodes tournament" on this thread:

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=12889&page=45&pp=20

In about 2-4 rounds, Divide & Conquer could be eliminated! Right now, it's the #5 highest vote getter, and the ep that gets the most votes each round is eliminated. Of all the SG-1 eps, I can't stand to see this one tossed out, because it's where Jack professed his love for Sam for the first time!

If you have time, please consider going to the link above and joining in the voting. If you'll use the thread tools at the top of the page to subscribe to the thread for awhile, you'll be able to see when new posts have been added, and you won't forget to vote. Right now, each round is taking 20-24 hours.

If you aren't interested/don't have time to participate, please disregard this rant. Thanks!

mad_gater
July 2nd, 2005, 09:44 PM
Yes, “hobbyists.” That’s a lot more flattering than “fanfic fanatic.” And I love your idea of sharing fave fanfic titles, Nell! Several of my favorite fics have already been submitted. So, I’ll submit one that is in GW’s collection. It’s called Exile, and it’s at: http://www.gateworld.net/fanfic/archive/21/exile.html

Sam and Jack get stranded on a planet for several months after a mission goes bad, and..…well, you should be over 18 to read it.

I have to also mention this very subtle ship S/J fic. It’s called Question of Suitability, by MissAnnThropic. I don’t read her stuff too often, cause sometimes major characters die in her stories (I don't need that!), but not in this one! It’s basically a conversation between Jacob and Daniel about Sam and Jack. I really liked the way it showed proof of J & S’s feelings for each other. It’s at: http://www.gateworld.net/fanfic/archive/35/questionof.html

.....and making great photo manips for us to enjoy here and on the SAGC thread! Yes (taps foot), we’ve been waiting on part 3 for some time now (furrows brow). But we understand. And the bonus is: when part 3 is published, we may feel compelled to read parts 1 & 2 again!!!!!

Congratulations, Florence, on 700 posts!

Congratulations, Oma-1, on 900 posts!

Welcome, majorAl!

Welcome back, mad_gater!
*pounces and huggles everyone*

I gotta get to bed....gotta get up early tomorrow for mass

When Kel'dor and I blended...he found my Catholic beliefs interesting and wanted to see for himself...and he finds the mass services nice....he says he would gladly worship my God cuz this one is not a false God. ;)

We should hopefully be on tomorrow....and before we forget....

*grabs col_aga and hugs her and kisses her rather passionately and then...well nevermind* ;):D

Kel'dor needs quality time with his girlfriend...:P:D:P:D:P:D:P:D

LOL4JACK
July 2nd, 2005, 10:07 PM
Good Morning, Shippers! Where is everybody when I come to play???

******DRUM ROLL******

CONGRATULATIONS TO florence and Oma-1

on 700 and 900, respectively!!! Clap, clap, clap!!!

WELCOME ALL NEWBIES!!!
I'm away for the weekend and stealing time from my sister computer :D....

Congrats, congrats, congrats!!!!

nell
July 2nd, 2005, 10:10 PM
Welcome, Susie_SG1!
All right, fellow shippers. This is a call to arms. Some of us have been participating in a "favorite episodes tournament" on this thread:

If you aren't interested/don't have time to participate, please disregard this rant. Thanks!

OK, I voted. Puh-leese, A Hundred Days is not yet eliminated??? :eek: That simply has to go! That is my mission! **Stomp**Whine**Growl** :rolleyes:

sg-1fanintn
July 2nd, 2005, 10:12 PM
OK, I voted. Puh-leese, A Hundred Days is not yet eliminated??? :eek: That simply has to go! That is my mission! **Stomp**Whine**Growl** :rolleyes:

Tell me about it! :eek: You go, girl! :cool:

gatebee
July 2nd, 2005, 10:13 PM
http://bestsmileys.com/welcome/4.gif
TO ALL THE NEWBIES IN OUR SHIP
AND TO ALL THE MILESTONES
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v205/FilBrit1/SamJack_FishEnd.jpg
pic fr Mala

Billie
July 2nd, 2005, 10:14 PM
Morning all! Just popped in to say hi and then bye as it's off to work....again :( Loads of great posts to read through so that'll be my reward for making it through the day. Catch you all later but before I go....

WELCOME to the shipper family majorAl and SuSiE_SG1!! :D

Keep on shipping! :)

LOL4JACK
July 2nd, 2005, 10:23 PM
Help!!!! I'm trying to find a fic that I read when I joined here, I know it was a recomendation from the shipper family, maybe Florence or Oma, J/S and stranded in a planet oops, what I surprise, I know.... and the DHD is broken, it's very, very, very long, does it ring a bell?

Welcome back Mad_Gater, you're in time for ship day, I was looking around last year's and you where actively participating ;)

LOL4JACK
July 2nd, 2005, 10:28 PM
Help!!!! I'm trying to find a fic that I read when I joined here, I know it was a recomendation from the shipper family, maybe Florence or Oma, J/S and stranded in a planet oops, what I surprise, I know.... and the DHD is broken, it's very, very, very long, does it ring a bell?

Welcome back Mad_Gater, you're in time for ship day, I was looking around last year's and you where actively participating ;)
I've been looking for an hour, posted and then found it....

So, I nominate :D

What will it take / SG1-Fanfic
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2071449/1/

nell
July 2nd, 2005, 10:34 PM
I've been looking for an hour, posted and then found it....

So, I nominate :D

What will it take / SG1-Fanfic
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2071449/1/

Thanks, LOL4JACK! Keep 'em coming, Shippers! Post ONE of your FAVORITE Sam and Jack stories/series here...now...please!!! :p I can see we're going to have some super stories for our Shipper Day fanfic list!!! :D

Oma-1
July 3rd, 2005, 12:41 AM
(((((L4J))))) I was torn between two fics and couldn't decide which to post. You just posted one of 'em, so dilemma solved :p (I spent the best part of a hour hunting for the link for that one too :p )

My nomination is Reap What Is Sown by Karibou. Another stranded off planet and dealing with the consequences fic. I love the way Karibou deals with the Court Martial for this one and doesn't use contrivances to avoid it.

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/1999024/1/

Oma-1
July 3rd, 2005, 12:47 AM
And just for your amusement (as if we haven't got enough fics to read :p) - Just A Kiss by iamdragonrider. It's an SG-1 twist of The Frog Prince fairy tale. I thought it was hysterical :D

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2387974/1/

florence
July 3rd, 2005, 12:50 AM
Welcome to the SJ family majorAl and Susie_SG1 ! http://yelims.free.fr/Coucou/Coucou00.gif

Have a seat, take a cookie and tell us what's your fav SJ moment :)

And WELCOME BACK MG ! :D

florence
July 3rd, 2005, 12:59 AM
Another fanfic addict ! Welcome to the wonderful world of ff ! :D
Lots and lots of hours of fun, angst and "aaaawww" moments !

I see that dipsofjazz already gave you some links. I just want to add this one, if you like loooong stories :D
The Stargate Novel Archive (http://www.shahrazad.net/~sgnovels/index.html)
Every kind of ff in this one, not only SJ.

florence
July 3rd, 2005, 01:03 AM
Then what the he.. heck is it doing in the 'Get ready for something new' promo if it is not, in fact, new? I'll have to watch.. that episode you mention ..next week and see.

Yeah, welcome to the rollercoaster of hell TPTB put us in :rolleyes:
I think the only reason these pics are in the S9 promo is to keep shippers waiting in front of their tv... :rolleyes:

florence
July 3rd, 2005, 01:06 AM
Feel free to read mine as well...I've written the first drafts of The Darker Side of Night and Eclipse...posted here:

http://www.fanfiction.net/~ubersg1fan

But please feel free to read what I have so far and be sure to post reviews for both!

Really good stories if you want my opinion !
So, Uber, you're working on the sequel ? Good ! And you have a major SJ shippy project as well ? Very good ! :D
Keep on working !

majorAl
July 3rd, 2005, 01:26 AM

year i garee there! as nice as it is to see how lost sam is withought him i really hate the brush off he gives her at the end for the *other woman*
:( :(

majorAl
July 3rd, 2005, 01:32 AM
does anyone know if anything is actually going to happen between the lovely couple???

from reading the back pages here, and i am a newbe as well remember, oppinions are devided. but i carnt thing they would end sg for good withought some kind of resolution- however naff :S - but remember that it is a thred they keep comming back to..........

to all the help ful shippers :cool: out there thanks for all the good lings. i'm working my way through then asap. i'll also chekc out the video links you put up for me. thank for help

*newbe smiles and feels welcom* :D

lonely_star
July 3rd, 2005, 01:33 AM
I just stop by to say WELCOME !! to all the newbies!!

It's also cool to welcome back some members! :)

Congrats Florence and Oma for 700 and 900 posts !! and this is great when you know that Gateworld took you a LOT of them when it was down !! keep posting guys! you rock !!!

Nell thanks for the Fanfic idea!! it was just what I needed :) I've read some very good stuff since the titles were posted.

I'll give you mine when I'll find one because there are SO many!!! I just thought of a site I've found once. It's a writer site, there are a black sky with stars everywhere. The fics have pics inside and most of the time the fics are great !! longs but great ! I remember one where S&J are stuck in a planet for years so of course they "get a life"... together ;) in a nice little cabin and then Hammond and Daniel (I think) show up and they discovered only a fews weeks have passed. I like the way those fics are written, if this rings a bell to someone could you please give us the link to this site ??

sg-1fanintn
July 3rd, 2005, 01:38 AM

I think Shimmering Star wrote that one. I'm struggling for the title (as usual). Why can I remember the author, but not the title? Choices, maybe? Try searching for it on www.fanfiction.net and see what you come up with. Does it start with Jack kidnapping Sam from the Alpha site after coming under the influence of some alien drink while he was on a diplomatic mission?

If so, that's definately the one! Hope this helps. I'll try to find it in my large stack and get back to you in the morning.....if someone hasn't let you know by then.

sg-1fanintn
July 3rd, 2005, 01:41 AM

Congrats Florence and Oma for 700 and 900 posts !! and this is great when you know that Gateworld took you a LOT of them when it was down !! keep posting guys! you rock !!!

Nell thanks for the Fanfic idea!! it was just what I needed :) I've read some very good stuff since the titles were posted.

I'll give you mine when I'll find one because there are SO many!!! I just thought of a site I've found once. It's a writer site, there are a black sky with stars everywhere. The fics have pics inside and most of the time the fics are great !! longs but great ! I remember one where S&J are stuck in a planet for years so of course they "get a life"... together ;) in a nice little cabin and then Hammond and Daniel (I think) show up and they discovered only a fews weeks have passed. I like the way those fics are written, if this rings a bell to someone could you please give us the link to this site ??

I know I read this one a few weeks ago as well. I think it found it on www.fanfiction.net too.

florence
July 3rd, 2005, 01:47 AM

Argh ! I'm sure I've read this one but I can't remember the title... :S
Must do some searching ;)

pittsburghgirl
July 3rd, 2005, 01:51 AM
well when it comes to ringing my own bell (and no ding-aling jokes here)-I have written a few fan fics-you can find it on marimba's site.

lonely_star
July 3rd, 2005, 01:57 AM
and just cause I loved the pics posted by Billie about the looks exchanged by J&S in entity and heroes here are some from a so lovely episode!!!....

http://img228.imageshack.us/img228/2595/63fc.jpg

http://img228.imageshack.us/img228/7631/51up.jpg

lonely_star
July 3rd, 2005, 01:58 AM
http://img228.imageshack.us/img228/6199/102ti.jpg

http://img228.imageshack.us/img228/8276/115ou.jpg

lonely_star
July 3rd, 2005, 02:00 AM
http://img228.imageshack.us/img228/5872/189xo.jpg

http://img228.imageshack.us/img228/3663/217gq.jpg

lonely_star
July 3rd, 2005, 02:03 AM
spoilers season 8 threads...

http://img228.imageshack.us/img228/5976/178od.jpg

http://img228.imageshack.us/img228/7626/224op.jpg

aren't they LOVELY ??? :) ;)

sueKay
July 3rd, 2005, 04:01 AM
Hey hey shippers!

sadly as im using an nternet call box...I cant catch up on the past few days. Im here today because...

ITS EXACTLY A YEAR TODAY SINCE I JOINED THE SHIP FAMILY!!!!!!!!!

Now ive gotta go as my credits running out!

heads up - join the list

http://www.live8live.com

Suz
xxxxx

Myrth
July 3rd, 2005, 05:00 AM
Found some cap worthy scenes in Chimera & messed with em a little shippah style... :D

http://www.bigbutton.com.au/~wickedgrin/gateworld/dream.jpg

Somnium
July 3rd, 2005, 05:16 AM

I think this is the same story I posted a link to on page 292 called Twighlight, if not it sound very familiar. :S

kiwigater
July 3rd, 2005, 05:20 AM
WOW! That is entirely toooo scary Suekay! cos it's a year since I joined too! :D I remember it well - there was a group letter from the GW Shippers going to Amanda, and it was articulate and friendly and awesome, so I had to come out of lurkdom to add my name to it! :D (and then I tipped a flat of my roomate's diet drinky shake stuff onto my foot and managed to do in my big toe - the nail only just grew back! :eek: :p )

And HI MG!!! *hugs* Haven't seen you around in a while :D But then I've been pretty quiet myself.... :S

Thanks to all for the fanfic links, I've been enjoying reading me some shippy fic! I rewatched Threads last night, and it's soooooo wonderfully shippy :D :D

nell
July 3rd, 2005, 06:00 AM

Hey, lonely_star! Is it my imagination or is your posts # stuck at 300? :rolleyes:

CONGRATULATIONS, LONELY_STAR
ON YOUR 300+ POSTS!!!

mad_gater
July 3rd, 2005, 07:08 AM
*pounces and huggles everyone*

I gotta get to bed....gotta get up early tomorrow for mass

When Kel'dor and I blended...he found my Catholic beliefs interesting and wanted to see for himself...and he finds the mass services nice....he says he would gladly worship my God cuz this one is not a false God. ;)

We should hopefully be on tomorrow....and before we forget....

*grabs col_aga and hugs her and kisses her rather passionately and then...well nevermind* ;):D

Kel'dor needs quality time with his girlfriend...:p:D:p:D:p:D:p:D
Now that I've made the rumor mill amongst the newbies work overtime....:p:D

I just want to say that Aga and I don't really have anything going....we just have this long-standing flirting thing goin'....the rest of my ship family can attest to that.

I'm sure Aga has snared....err...I mean gotten herself a RL boyfriend by now...

I mean....she's a shipper AND I'm sure pretty to boot....what more could a guy want?!

Gotta get goin' now....mass then work....ttyl peeps!

Great! Now I'm probably gonna be late for mass cuz of my stupid dial-up!!!! :mad::mad:

lonely_star
July 3rd, 2005, 07:09 AM
Hey, lonely_star! Is it my imagination or is your posts # stuck at 300? :rolleyes:

CONGRATULATIONS, LONELY_STAR
ON YOUR 300+ POSTS!!!

thanks ! :)
I don'tr eally have time to post that's why it doesn't move a lot... but I couldn't help myself from stopping by and say hi on this week end
I wish you all my american friends, a happy fourth of july, have a nice barbecue and fireworks for me who's gonna work all day!! :(

I think this is the same story I posted a link to on page 292 called Twighlight, if not it sound very familiar.
yes I guess this story is the same and maybe the site is too...but there are no pics in this fic are they ??
well anyway thanks for this link cause it's a site I've been looking for, for a long long time! :) thanks

well got to go, I have a fic to read :D
have a great sunday guys! see ya soon

lonely_star
July 3rd, 2005, 07:15 AM
oh BTW Gatetrixer, the link to the fic The Best I Ever Had by Noda doesn't work, is that only me ? could you give us the good one ;) thanks ! :)

LOL4JACK
July 3rd, 2005, 07:16 AM

Marion, I've read that one too and can't find it, I'll keep looking... I'm getting the idea that it is much better to print them out and save them :p

(((((SG1-Fantin)))) that's the one....

(((((OMA)))) I also love the Kiss the frog one, it's hilarious.... I'm glad I could be of any help and made your desicion easier on wich fic to post :p

Congrats on 300 posts!!!

dipsofjazz
July 3rd, 2005, 07:16 AM

:D (((((((((MG))))))))) Welcome back to the family. :D

sclairef99
July 3rd, 2005, 08:39 AM

OH Yes! I about died when I watched Master of the House! Every shipper should see it!

S

sclairef99
July 3rd, 2005, 08:43 AM
*pounces and huggles GT and everyone in the thread*

I'm so happy to see you all again!! :):):):):):)

And for you newbies I haven't meant yet, I pounce my ship family all the time. Me and my mental Tok'ra roomate (aka my Tok'ra symbiote), Kel'dor are very outgoing...which is unusual to find amongst Tok'ra. But If Kel'dor is gonna be an Earth based operative he needs native currency...that's why we've been working at a local dollar store.

And Kel'dor's already cottoned onto the fact that since everything is a dollar or less at the dollar store we work at...most things there are a better deal there than at any supermarket....so he spends most of our paycheck on candy...I think he's addicted to it...:p:D:p:D:p:D:p:D

And on that note....

WELCOME HOME (((((((((((((((((((((((((MG)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

s

sclairef99
July 3rd, 2005, 08:58 AM
Welcome, Susie_SG1!

In about 2-4 rounds, Divide & Conquer could be eliminated! Right now, it's the #5 highest vote getter, and the ep that gets the most votes each round is eliminated. Of all the SG-1 eps, I can't stand to see this one tossed out, because it's where Jack professed his love for Sam for the first time!

OMG, Divide and Conquer CANNOT go!!!!!!!!! Everyone take the time to vote for 100 Days or some other ep that is high on the toss out list! Save D/C!!!!

S

nell
July 3rd, 2005, 09:17 AM
Greetings Shippers!
We have a nice turnout so far for the Sam and Jack PICK ONE OF YOUR FAVORITE stories/series for Shipper Day on July 28!! Twelve picks to be exact! :D

I'm going to make a little announcement to our RDA/Jack Thread friends should the Shippers over there wish to participate, too. Would one of you volunteer to do the same at Sam is a Great Character Thread? I'm just saying to submit ONE FAVORITE Sam and Jack story/series and to do so on the Sam and Jack Shipper Family Thread. The activity is open through July 4. I think that's enough time or someone will let me know otherwise. thanks, nell ;)

Sum1
July 3rd, 2005, 10:09 AM
Not wanting to be left out, I made a random search through the fanfic database hereat Gateworld and found a very funny one: The Fishtank (http://www.gateworld.net/fanfic/archive/30/thefishtank.html)

Caro
July 3rd, 2005, 12:16 PM
oh BTW Gatetrixer, the link to the fic The Best I Ever Had by Noda doesn't work, is that only me ? could you give us the good one ;) thanks ! :)

Try this link (http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Labyrinth/7277/thebest1.html) it works fine for me :)
And it's definitly a great fic, I recommend it to everyone who hasn't read it yet !!

Silver
July 3rd, 2005, 01:15 PM
Oh my gosh, pick ONE? That's soooo impossible. But after a good hard think,

"Guarding the Gate" by Rowan Darkstar: There's no resolution but this is so beautiful, it's highly worth the read. Beware, there's strong mention of :eek: (as you like to refer to him) ... don't let that put you off, though. http://www.sg1-heliopolis.com/archive2/2/guardingthe.html

This isn't exactly for shipper day ;) but it's so beautiful and intense and needs waaay more reviews than it has, which is why I just have to post it here seeing as though we're recommending and swapping fanfiction... "Who They Are" by KissHerJack: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2168725/1/

Aaand another really sweet one that I've recently read: "The Dating Game" by Azilan: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2395151/1/

The popular "Small Favors" by Eve8: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2294057/1/

"Thyself Unknown" by MissAnnThorpic: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2211735/1/ and its sequel "Know Thyself: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2334123/1/

"Xanadu" (mature): http://www.dietcokechic.com/stargate/xanadu.html and "Seven Days": http://www.dietcokechic.com/stargate/sevendays.html by dietcokechic

And for folks new to the wonderful world of fanfiction, anything by Karibou: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/645548/, Sally Reeve (especially!): http://uk.geocities.com/mystories_uk/, and Suz: http://members.tripod.com/~SuzVoy/fanfic.html are amazing and breathtaking must-reads!

Okay, got a little carried away there... :p :o Enjoy anyway! Even though everyone's probably read most of them...

Billie
July 3rd, 2005, 01:21 PM
and just cause I loved the pics posted by Billie about the looks exchanged by J&S in entity and heroes here are some from a so lovely episode!!!....

http://img228.imageshack.us/img228/2595/63fc.jpg

http://img228.imageshack.us/img228/7631/51up.jpg

Thanks lonely_star for all your fab pics!! :D I have just got in from a very long and VERY griefy shift at work and was feeling kinda miserable until logging onto this thread (yet again my lovely shipper family you have brightened my mood! :) and restored my sanity!!) BIG hugs to you all! :p
(((((((((((Shipper Family))))))))))))))))
Am also indulging in a very large glass of wine and have printed off a very long fanfic by meimei for a spot of bedtime reading *horrible yucky day fades into oblivion helped by all things shippy!*

AncientKnowledge
July 3rd, 2005, 01:27 PM
Try this link (http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Labyrinth/7277/thebest1.html) it works fine for me :)
And it's definitly a great fic, I recommend it to everyone who hasn't read it yet !!

This is a great fic.!!! Thanks for the link!!! :D Speaking of fic.,has anyone seen MeiMei around??? :|

Somnium
July 3rd, 2005, 03:43 PM
Oh my god total ship fic overload :D :D :D :D But yeay!!! Im afraid Im gonna be lost in fic for some time. This is sooooooooo good and yet soooooooo bad :S Thanks for all the great recomendations everyone.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v475/Shelby_SG1/blinkie-jacksam.gif

dipsofjazz
July 3rd, 2005, 03:46 PM
Oh my god total ship fic overload :D :D :D :D But yeay!!! Im afraid Im gonna be lost in fic for some time. This is sooooooooo good and yet soooooooo bad :S Thanks for all the great recomendations everyone.

:D LOL! At least you'll get your fix of Sam and Jack to keep you going until we get Season 9 in October! :D Happy reading. :p

sg-1fanintn
July 3rd, 2005, 04:03 PM
(((((SG1-Fantin)))) that's the one....

(((((OMA)))) I also love the Kiss the frog one, it's hilarious.... I'm glad I could be of any help and made your desicion easier on wich fic to post :p

Congrats on 300 posts!!!

Ok, here's the one that's really long, where Sam & Jack get stranded on a deserted planet with a broken DHD. The title is actually What Will It Take? I was wrong on the author. It's actually astrogeologist, I believe, under her pen name SG1_fanfic.

http://www.gateworld.net/fanfic/archive/28/whatwill2.html

divcon
July 3rd, 2005, 06:00 PM
Hi guys I'm baaaaaaaaack. RL interupted for a few days, you know how hubbies can be when they feel like ther're being ignored. Any way I finally figured out my idiot problem with pic posting * headdeskheaddesk* and I found these. If anyone else has posted them, SORRY.

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b187/divcon/039hol02.jpg

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b187/divcon/039hol03.jpg

Ah sigh, what a sight!!!!!!!!

nell
July 3rd, 2005, 06:06 PM
Hi guys I'm baaaaaaaaack. RL interupted for a few days, you know how hubbies can be when they feel like ther're being ignored. Any way I finally figured out my idiot problem with pic posting * headdeskheaddesk* and I found these. If anyone else has posted them, SORRY.

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b187/divcon/039hol03.jpgAh sigh, what a sight!!!!!!!!

divcon, you have really done a terrific job of learning about posts and pics and links in a short time. BTW you can NEVER post the same Sam and Jack pics too many times! **SIGH** :p

divcon
July 3rd, 2005, 06:20 PM
Thanks nell, how about this one.

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b187/divcon/135frg02.jpg

Sam's gaze at Jack says it all.

nell
July 3rd, 2005, 06:42 PM
Thanks nell, how about this one.

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b187/divcon/135frg02.jpg

Sam's gaze at Jack says it all.

**Stares into space**short, rapid breaths of air** Like I said, can never post too many times. Pics are little gifts that keep on giving! You should see My Picture folders!! Thanks! ;)

divcon
July 3rd, 2005, 07:41 PM
Alright, I LOVE 'Solitudes' so this pic is 'Just Because'
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b187/divcon/018sol03.jpg

divcon
July 3rd, 2005, 07:55 PM
I'm having some touble posting the pic I really want to so how about this one.

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b187/divcon/113des02.jpg

Jack, shouldn't we go skinny dipping at a more appropriate time? Not that I mind of course.

mad_gater
July 3rd, 2005, 08:16 PM
WOW! That is entirely toooo scary Suekay! cos it's a year since I joined too! :D I remember it well - there was a group letter from the GW Shippers going to Amanda, and it was articulate and friendly and awesome, so I had to come out of lurkdom to add my name to it! :D (and then I tipped a flat of my roomate's diet drinky shake stuff onto my foot and managed to do in my big toe - the nail only just grew back! :eek: :p )

And HI MG!!! *hugs* Haven't seen you around in a while :D But then I've been pretty quiet myself.... :S

Thanks to all for the fanfic links, I've been enjoying reading me some shippy fic! I rewatched Threads last night, and it's soooooo wonderfully shippy :D :D
((((((((((((((((((KG)))))))))))))))))

Can't seem to escape winter can ya? :P:D

I was confuzzled till I remembered that NZ is in the southern hemisphere...where everything weather related is topsy-turvy! :P:D

sg-1fanintn
July 3rd, 2005, 08:23 PM

I believe I found the one you were looking for. It's called Twilight, by Gail Delaney. It's on GW at: http://www.gateworld.net/fanfic/archive/30/twilight.html

Nikkirose
July 3rd, 2005, 08:24 PM

Have Fun....

S
Pfffft! Although I agree with your choice of Marimba! But theres also www.stargate-dream-team.de and a personal fave, a newbie to the video bunch... http://www.marimba26.com/ChristysVids.html
GO CHRISTY!!!

mad_gater
July 3rd, 2005, 08:26 PM
:D (((((((((MG))))))))) Welcome back to the family. :D
*has gotten a haircut and shaved off the beard*

Clean up nice don't I? :P:D

getcarter
July 3rd, 2005, 08:28 PM
Pfffft! Although I agree with your choice of Marimba! But theres also www.stargate-dream-team.de and a personal fave, a newbie to the video bunch... http://www.marimba26.com/ChristysVids.html
GO CHRISTY!!!

(((((nikkirose)))))) Thanks! ;)

sgt.siler
July 3rd, 2005, 08:29 PM
Just thought I'd pop in here to tell everyone about some of the fics that I truely enjoy.

Birthday Traditions by Kate McCaye. It's a WIP so be warned, but she's releasing them pretty fast. http://www.fanfiction.net/u/625070/ This is the link to her profile and her works follow.

Broken Illusions by the one and only Meimei! It's a little steamy...NC-17, so sorry kids. It's hot! It's action packed and just plain WOW! It kept me on the edge of my seat the whole time. http://home.earthlink.net/~shiawmeimei/id128.html

The Fish Tank by getcarter. It's a funny one! http://www.gateworld.net/fanfic/archive/30/thefishtank.html

Uber
July 3rd, 2005, 08:31 PM
Really good stories if you want my opinion !
So, Uber, you're working on the sequel ? Good ! And you have a major SJ shippy project as well ? Very good ! :D
Keep on working !Yup! And I'm hoping to have it done in a couple weeks!

getcarter
July 3rd, 2005, 08:39 PM
I also have notebooks and piles and files full of fanfic. It's very addicting. It's really hard to pick a favorite but I'd have to say the one that stands out every time for me is Kate McKaye's "In Dreams Awake" http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2225829/1/

I love all of her stories but that one I can read over and over again.

And then of course there's Mei Mei...who, in my opinion, is in a class by herself. :D :D All are A++++ and highly recommended!!! :D :D

http://home.earthlink.net/~shiawmeimei/id56.html

nell
July 3rd, 2005, 08:44 PM
Just thought I'd pop in here to tell everyone about some of the fics that I truely enjoy.

Birthday Traditions by Kate McCaye. It's a WIP so be warned, but she's releasing them pretty fast. http://www.fanfiction.net/u/625070/ This is the link to her profile and her works follow.

Broken Illusions by the one and only Meimei! It's a little steamy...NC-17, so sorry kids. It's hot! It's action packed and just plain WOW! It kept me on the edge of my seat the whole time. http://home.earthlink.net/~shiawmeimei/id128.html

The Fish Tank by getcarter. It's a funny one! http://www.gateworld.net/fanfic/archive/30/thefishtank.html

Hiya sgt.siler!! **Waves**Jumps up and down** Thanks for sharing your favorites!

And a BIG Thanks to everybody who's contributing! The list is growing! :D

p.s. I'm sampling the recommendations! The UST! Oy!! The RST!! Mmmmm!! :p My husband is wondering about The Look I keep giving him!! :p

ChevronSeven
July 3rd, 2005, 08:49 PM
http://img101.echo.cx/img101/1492/jacksambts7vr.jpg

sg-1fanintn
July 3rd, 2005, 08:52 PM
Uber!
Totally AWESOME new sig!!!!

sgt.siler
July 3rd, 2005, 08:55 PM
Hiya sgt.siler!! **Waves**Jumps up and down** Thanks for sharing your favorites!

And a BIG Thanks to everybody who's contributing! The list is growing! :D

p.s. I'm sampling the recommendations! The UST! Oy!! The RST!! Mmmmm!! :p My husband is wondering about The Look I keep giving him!! :p

Well you're got UST(sorta ;) ), NC-17 for the grown-ups, and humor. :D :cool:

mad_gater
July 3rd, 2005, 08:57 PM
Not wanting to be left out, I made a random search through the fanfic database hereat Gateworld and found a very funny one: The Fishtank (http://www.gateworld.net/fanfic/archive/30/thefishtank.html)
I'm workin' on a shippy fic that should also have plenty of action to complement it. But for what I have planned for this story and at the rate I work cuz I have RL to juggle as well....I should be finished in...ohhh.....say about the time I'm old, decrepit and retired....:P:D

Hopefully not THAT long...but it will be quite sometime before it's finished.

For this fic:

SG-1 gates to a planet with lots of naquada and trinium..enoughfor the 2 soon-to-be-allied planets to build a sizeable fleet with big honkin' space guns on each ship...should be plenty of naquada to go around to power the installed particle cannons based on Sam's design from the Edora fiasco on each ship. The Jaffa will be truly freed in this fic...not even needing tretonin...and the Goa'uld will be dealt with while leaving their hosts intact....the Tok'ra will be left alone...so the Goa'uld ships that now have newly freed hosts and Jaffa on them will join up with the fleet...making it even more sizeable.

Then this new fleet along with other allies, i.e., surviving Tollan and Asgard, Serrakin, and even the Furlings will be brought in at some point during this epic battle with the Wraith where the ENTIRE force of the Wraith will be dealt with, cuz the Wraith decided that since small forces couldn't penetrate the shield that's powered by the ZPM obtained from "The siege" and the weaponry, they thought that their ENTIRE force would. BUt the Allies will incur heavy losses from this epic battle that they win....what was once a fleet of nearly 1000 ships will be reduced to about 20 ships....some heavily damaged. Some of the surviving ships go exploring in nearby sectors when the new BSG convoy jumps in...with a force of Cylon raiders hot on their tail....everyone dispatches fighters and gliders to deal with the immediate threat, but this forces the Allies that now includes the Galactica to step up fleet rebuilding to deal with the Cylon threat.

So...WOW! Big plans! ship...with action and a crossover with both Atlantis and the new BSG series. This is gonna be LOOOOONG. :S

mad_gater
July 3rd, 2005, 09:10 PM

(((((Siler))))))) nice to see you again! :):)

Was gonna green ya...but apparently my account's all repped out....gotta wait 24 hrs. before giving out more green...:rolleyes::rolleyes:

mad_gater
July 3rd, 2005, 09:12 PM
(((((nikkirose)))))) Thanks! ;)
(((((((((christy)))))))))

NICE TO SEE YOU AGAIN!!!! :):)

Haven't seen you much on AIM...:(:(

Uber
July 3rd, 2005, 09:17 PM
Uber!
Totally AWESOME new sig!!!!
Why thank ya.

One of the mods slapped me on the wrist (and rightly so btw) because my Basic Ingredients for Romance: Stargate Style sig banner, while being WAY COOL, was SIG-nificantly bigger than the forum rules allow...so I took the afternoon off and made me a new one...

nell
July 3rd, 2005, 09:24 PM
Why thank ya.

One of the mods slapped me on the wrist (and rightly so btw) because my Basic Ingredients for Romance: Stargate Style sig banner, while being WAY COOL, was SIG-nificantly bigger than the forum rules allow...so I took the afternoon off and made me a new one...

Uber, I like your new sig, too, but I really miss your recipe for romance!!! **sniff sniff**

getcarter
July 3rd, 2005, 09:30 PM
(((((((((christy)))))))))

NICE TO SEE YOU AGAIN!!!! :):)

Haven't seen you much on AIM...:(:(

(((((MG)))) good to see you too. Between RL and the nasty computer virus that worked its way through my entire hard drive, computer time has been scarce. But I'm looking forward to getting back into the shippy swing of things with Season 9 - ok so that may be delusional on my part but I can dream with the best of them!!

Uber
July 3rd, 2005, 09:34 PM
Uber, I like your new sig, too, but I really miss your recipe for romance!!! **sniff sniff**Okay...okay...

I put it back up. As a LINK though. So I hopefully am still in bounds with forum rules.

I think am though...

I guess I'll find out for sure if my wrists get slapped again...*eyes wrists warily*

Sum1
July 3rd, 2005, 09:39 PM

What episode are those from?

sg-1fanintn
July 3rd, 2005, 09:47 PM
Why thank ya.

Glad to see that you've posted a link to the Basic Ingredients animated gif as part of your sig. That way, it's still with us. Every once in awhile, I just like to pause and watch while it cycles through. It makes me happy.

sg-1fanintn
July 3rd, 2005, 09:50 PM

What episode are those from?

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I think these are promo shots, not scenes from an actual episode. I think they were taken around season 2 or 3, when TPTB were actually a lot braver about progressing the S/J ship than they became later on (darn!).

Sum1
July 3rd, 2005, 09:51 PM
I was reading a behind the scenes article earlier on RDA's website regarding season 7, and according to Robert Cooper, they were originally thinking of getting Ben Browder to play Pete. I was wondering what you all think of that - do you think people would have taken more kindly to the character had he been played by Ben Browder instead of David DeLuise?

sg-1fanintn
July 3rd, 2005, 09:53 PM
I was reading a behind the scenes article earlier on RDA's website regarding season 7, and according to Robert Cooper, they were originally thinking of getting Ben Browder to play Pete. I was wondering what you all think of that - do you think people would have taken more kindly to the character had he been played by Ben Browder instead of David DeLuise?

I think it would have been much harder to hate BB as :eek: . But it was the character's actions that really set me against him, not the actor who played the role. (Plus, of course, the fact that Jack and Sam belong with each other!)

nell
July 3rd, 2005, 09:54 PM
Okay...okay...

I put it back up. As a LINK though. So I hopefully am still in bounds with forum rules.

I think am though...

I guess I'll find out for sure if my wrists get slapped again...*eyes wrists warily*

Thanks, Uber! ;) What sg-1fanintn said. Me too! :p Use "puppy-dog" eyes when the mods come calling!! :)

Uber
July 3rd, 2005, 09:58 PM
I was reading a behind the scenes article earlier on RDA's website regarding season 7, and according to Robert Cooper, they were originally thinking of getting Ben Browder to play Pete. I was wondering what you all think of that - do you think people would have taken more kindly to the character had he been played by Ben Browder instead of David DeLuise?What if they reversed roles??? Well let's see.

Ben Browder as Pete Shanahan...creepy stalker guy.

Hmm.

I think I'm happy with the way it was cast...as it's a little tough imagining David DeLuise as fighter pilot hero, Lt. Col. Cameron Mitchell.

These guys do have two things in common...

One: Both David DeLuise and Ben Browder are HOT.

and

Two: Both of their characters have non-romantic relationships with Sam.

gatebee
July 3rd, 2005, 10:02 PM
What if they reversed roles??? Well let's see.

Hmm.

I think I'm happy with the way it was cast...as it's a little tough imagining David DeLuise as fighter pilot hero, Lt. Col. Cameron Mitchell.

and

Uber ... love your new sig.... very appropriate for the 4th

sgt.siler
July 3rd, 2005, 10:08 PM
Happy 4th of July Americans!!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v284/sgt.siler/jackrda/FreedomJackcopy.jpg

Thanks to Mala for the cap.....of THE MAN in the cap.

sg-1fanintn
July 3rd, 2005, 10:12 PM
Happy 4th of July Americans!!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v284/sgt.siler/jackrda/FreedomJackcopy.jpg

Thanks to Mala for the cap.....of THE MAN in the cap.

That is one beautiful officer in that picture! I miss him already!

Also, here's something I thought you might be interested in. It's OT, but as sci-fi fans, I thought you should have the opportunity to learn more, if you choose to do so.

This morning, about 30 minutes after I write and post this, NASA will try some real life science 83-million miles away from Earth. A probe launched from Earth will attempt to intercept a passing comet. As they meet, the Earth probe will launch a second, smaller (about the size of a washing machine) probe into the comet to gather info about what comets are really made of.

Scientists believe that comets are actually dirty balls of ice hurtling through space, and that they pick up other debris along the way. This is our first chance to gather data on the elements, minerals, etc., that are in comets. The mission has been described as one bullet intercepting a second bullet in mid-air, as one of the guns tries to fire another bullet into the mix.

Obviously, this is exciting stuff, and I thought other sci-fi fans might want to know. If you'd like to know more, you can go to www.nasa.gov. Once there, go to the search bar and enter "Deep Impact Project." The search engine should take you to the project's home page. If it works, photos should be posted there sometime on Monday.

Uber
July 3rd, 2005, 10:13 PM
Uber ... love your new sig.... very appropriate for the 4thThanks...this is just the design I've come up with for my new banner and the date is actually a coincidence.

I'm definitely keeping this one for a while.

But you're right...it certainly works well for the 4th. Hope it works JUST as well this Christmas.

gatebee
July 3rd, 2005, 10:36 PM
let me see BB or DD .... well I have thought about it .... sorry they for me would both be the same characters cause of the way it was written. No it will not do ..... Jack is the only one for our Sam

gatebee
July 3rd, 2005, 10:43 PM

does any one know when the second picture of S/J .... what ep was this from

SuSiE_SG1
July 3rd, 2005, 10:44 PM
Hello all, just wanted to say a BIG hello and thanks to all the people who welcomed me to this thread!!!

also no one really answered my question, so if anyone knows anything about the Sam/Jack relationship for season 9 can you PLEASEEE tell me!!! really want to know, also how do you put pictures into the thread as i would just love to show you some of my piccys!

Shipperahoy
July 3rd, 2005, 10:45 PM
I am going to the San Diego Comic Con the weekend after next and AT will be there. The Comic Cons are MASSIVE so I don't know how the Q&A works but I'll do my best to try and ask her what's the what with Sam and Jack and see if she can give a straight answer. I just want to know if they are going to keep toying with the ship or if they're going to try to pretend it never was. A definitive answer would be nice but my hopes are not high.

divcon
July 3rd, 2005, 10:48 PM
Mei Mei, I just read 'Broken Illusions'. What a FANTASTIC story. I was totally engrossed, even shutting the door so my kids couldn't annoy me while I was reading it. Five stars. :) :) :)

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b187/divcon/promo79.jpg

*Jack and Sam approve as well*

nell
July 3rd, 2005, 10:52 PM
I am going to the San Diego Comic Con the weekend after next and AT will be there. The Comic Cons are MASSIVE so I don't know how the Q&A works but I'll do my best to try and ask her what's the what with Sam and Jack and see if she can give a straight answer. I just want to know if they are going to keep toying with the ship or if they're going to try to pretend it never was. A definitive answer would be nice but my hopes are not high.

Good Luck! We will look forward to a detailed report!! Have lots of fun, too! :D

divcon
July 3rd, 2005, 10:54 PM
does any one know when the second picture of S/J .... what ep was this from

Hey guys, I think these photos are actually behind the scenes photos taking on the set of 'Holiday'. I know that it never took place on screen unless it was in another reality and they've slipped through to our reality just to stir us. Glad you all like them. It's good to know that my pic posting is working. I'll have to go trolling for more pics to post now. ;) :)

Uber
July 3rd, 2005, 11:03 PM
I am going to the San Diego Comic Con the weekend after next and AT will be there. The Comic Cons are MASSIVE so I don't know how the Q&A works but I'll do my best to try and ask her what's the what with Sam and Jack and see if she can give a straight answer. I just want to know if they are going to keep toying with the ship or if they're going to try to pretend it never was. A definitive answer would be nice but my hopes are not high.*gasp*

*choke*

*wheeeeze*

I. am. so. jealous.

Take pictures. Lots and LOTS of pictures.

And notes.

Lots and LOTS of notes.

divcon
July 3rd, 2005, 11:12 PM
Hey guys, my pics are from the Official RDA site so a BIG, HUGE thank you to that site. The pics are in the picture gallery. Go visit (www.rdanderson.com) and enjoy, there's heaps more, like this one:

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b187/divcon/091asc01.jpg

Jack, pretend that we're talking about something else so TPTB don't rip us apart!

Also that sheet photo is a behind the scene shot from Abyss. I to wondered what was under the sheet, :rolleyes: :rolleyes: so I thought you guys might be able to help me out. :) ;) ;)

Oops, I got my threads mixed up. If you don't know what the sheet photo is check out the RDA/Jack thunk.

Shipperahoy
July 3rd, 2005, 11:15 PM
If any of you guys know what you would like to ask Amanda if I get the chance let me know. I'm not certain of what I'm going to ask or how to phrase it so any suggestions are appreciated.

divcon
July 3rd, 2005, 11:29 PM
Gotta go, I'm going to see "Fantastic Four' tonight at a special preview screening tonight, have to get the girls and myself ready but one more pics before I go and because I now know how to post pics (HEHEHEHEHEHE).

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b187/divcon/009can03.jpg

*Jack, wake up. We have to go to work.*

Catysg1
July 4th, 2005, 01:51 AM
What if they reversed roles??? Well let's see.

Hmm.

and

To my opinion BB had a much better body than DD . I also find him more sexy by the way he moves . He has a lot of sex appeal .
Caty :)

Oma-1
July 4th, 2005, 01:57 AM
Gotta go, I'm going to see "Fantastic Four' tonight at a special preview screening tonight, have to get the girls and myself ready but one more pics before I go and because I now know how to post pics (HEHEHEHEHEHE).

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b187/divcon/009can03.jpg

*Jack, wake up. We have to go to work.*

Jack! You're supposed to wake up when I kiss you!

:D :p

Oma-1
July 4th, 2005, 02:11 AM
To my opinion BB had a much better body than DD . I also find him more sexy by the way he moves . He has a lot of sex appeal .
I'd have disliked :eek: no matter who played him. However I would have been seriously gutted to dislike a BB character so much cos I like him.

MB - I can't see DDL as hero fighter pilot either :p I can see him as a Goose type character goofing around a lot. (lol showing my age! Top Gun must be nearly 20 years old now :eek: )

Catysg1
July 4th, 2005, 02:23 AM
I'm glad BB refused the role as Pete ..Smart guy ..He didn't want his character / himself to be hated by the fanbase , he knew . :)

Much better for him to be a colonel in SG1 . He has the look for that and the attitude plus he looks good with a big gun . :)

but I still don't think I'm gonna like season 9 ...I'll give it a chance because at the end of the day , SG1 is a good show to watch .

Oma-1
July 4th, 2005, 02:34 AM
I'm glad BB refused the role as Pete ..Smart guy ..He didn't want his character / himself to be hated by the fanbase , he knew . :)

Much better for him to be a colonel in SG1 . He has the look for that and the attitude plus he looks good with a big gun . :)

Couldn't agree with you more Caty :)

I'm also open to liking Mitchell cos he isn't in competition with O'Neill. We've been told by JM that his character is very different from O'Neill's and he's not going to have any romantic relationship with Sam. So from a shipper perspective, that suits me just fine. ;)

Still rather have Jack though :p

Uber
July 4th, 2005, 02:45 AM
Couldn't agree with you more Caty :)

I'm also open to liking Mitchell cos he isn't in competition with O'Neill. We've been told by JM that his character is very different from O'Neill's and he's not going to have any romantic relationship with Sam. So from a shipper perspective, that suits me just fine. ;)

Still rather have Jack though :pMitchell and Carter??? I can't believe anyone would ask such a practically blasphemous question...

TPTB had better be glad they didn't go that route...because if they had set up a Cam/Sam SHIP...they'd be facing a BOAT load of Penguins on their doorsteps at Bridge Studios!!!!

Billie
July 4th, 2005, 02:54 AM

Hey there divcon and welcome back from RL!!! Way to go on figuring out pic posting and am lovin your choice of pics to launch your newfound pic posting career!! :D

ShimmeringStar
July 4th, 2005, 04:45 AM
If any of you guys know what you would like to ask Amanda if I get the chance let me know. I'm not certain of what I'm going to ask or how to phrase it so any suggestions are appreciated.
It would be nice to see if she'd share what her post-Stargate plans (films or other shows) are, especially now that little Olivia's in her life. (Since she probably might want to spend lots more time with her daughter, like RDA did.)

L-JADE
July 4th, 2005, 06:02 AM
*Peeking into the ship thread*

Been a long time since I post here, usually just lurking. But Nell ask for a FANFIC post, I thought that's a good idea since there's a lot of good SG-1 and S/J fanfic and I'm kinda addicted to them :eek:

To choose only one is sooo hard, but since I've read this several times and still like it so much, my choice would go to Seldear's It's Raining Men! (http://www.users.bigpond.com/seldear/words/fanfic/stargate/rainmen.htm) but most of Seldear works are great so I's say check them out... you won't regret it.

Sally Reeve is also my fave author, she already mentioned before, my fave of hers is Counter Balance (http://uk.geocities.com/mystories_uk/counterbalance.html) but it got me teary eyed at the near end.

JoJo's (http://randomleaves.com/stargate/index.html) is also funny. OK I better stop now... :D

LOL4JACK
July 4th, 2005, 06:48 AM
Mitchell and Carter??? I can't believe anyone would ask such a practically blasphemous question...

TPTB had better be glad they didn't go that route...because if they had set up a Cam/Sam SHIP...they'd be facing a BOAT load of Penguins on their doorsteps at Bridge Studios!!!!

Bought the Stargate magazine yesterday, my first one and I LOVE IT!!!!.

In an interview with BB he says that there will be some ship with Lexa's character, the new CMO ;), so no need to worry :D

MB, love your new sig... very 4th of July and very Sam Carter :p thanks for keeping the link for the ingredients to romance (((((UBER))))

LOL4JACK
July 4th, 2005, 06:57 AM
Jack! You're supposed to wake up when I kiss you!

or... Jack! why do you keep falling when I kiss you! :D

[CENTER]http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b187/divcon/009can03.jpg

Great pic divcon, Hmmmm thinking here, but maybe we can also have a post your pic with caption sig specially for ship day :D

nell
July 4th, 2005, 07:59 AM
*Peeking into the ship thread*

Been a long time since I post here, usually just lurking. But Nell ask for a FANFIC post, I thought that's a good idea since there's a lot of good SG-1 and S/J fanfic and I'm kinda addicted to them :eek:

To choose only one is sooo hard, but since I've read this several times and still like it so much, my choice would go to Seldear's It's Raining Men! (http://www.users.bigpond.com/seldear/words/fanfic/stargate/rainmen.htm) but most of Seldear works are great so I's say check them out... you won't regret it.

Sally Reeve is also my fave author, she already mentioned before, my fave of hers is Counter Balance (http://uk.geocities.com/mystories_uk/counterbalance.html) but it got me teary eyed at the near end.

JoJo's (http://randomleaves.com/stargate/index.html) is also funny. OK I better stop now... :D

Greetings L-JADE,

Thanks for sharing one of your favorites for Shipper Day! :)

Keep 'em coming Shippers and Friends of Sam and Jack!!! ;)

majorAl
July 4th, 2005, 08:02 AM
found a grete fan fic right here in out very own gate world - Joined tht the Head by Carhop. fairly long but very well writen.

sclairef99
July 4th, 2005, 08:17 AM

I'm right there w/you, lost in fic! But it's so nice to have some good fic whilst we wait for July 15!

S

dipsofjazz
July 4th, 2005, 08:19 AM
:D Have a great time Ship Mum, and we want a word for word account of everything! Also, lots and lots of pictures. :D

sclairef99
July 4th, 2005, 08:23 AM

Wow! Lucky You!

I'd love to know about how it's going with Olivia, to know if she's going to develop a theory such as RDA's and back off work.

But I'd also like to know what type of movies she would really like to persue - comedy, drama. What are her truely favorite types of scenes to play - when she's in Stargate, or when she's able to hand pick it from a movie she would really like to do!

Thanks for asking for our input!

S

nell
July 4th, 2005, 09:06 AM

POSSIBLE QUESTIONS FOR AMANDA. Objectives are to get NON-VAGUE responses to CONFIRM that Sam and Jack have a developing romantic relationship!!! :p

Now that Jack O'Neill is posted at the Pentagon and Carter is in Area 51 and SGC, are they free to develop a romantic relationship? :p Scratch that question. Of course, they are. :D

Will there be clear expressions of Sam's and Jack's romantic relationship? Give ONE EXAMPLE. e.g. phone conversation, email, face-to-face between S&J.

If there are no exchanges between Sam and Jack, are other characters privvy to Sam's and Jack's feelings, thoughts, intentions of a developing romantic relationship? e.g., Jack tells Daniel how much he misses Sam or Sam tells Daniel about helping Jack to settle in his new apartment in D.C.?

OK, did I leave any loophole that she can slip through and not give us the info that we are longing to hear??????

nell
July 4th, 2005, 09:27 AM
HAPPY 4TH OF JULY!!!

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y209/cilljill/flag300.gif (http://)

One of my favorite SG-1 group poses that I chose for this occasion.

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y209/cilljill/Lineup.bmp (http://)

shelsfc
July 4th, 2005, 09:46 AM
Happy 4th of July to everyone celebrating it :D

katethegater
July 4th, 2005, 01:15 PM
Just popped in to wish all the states side 'shippers' a very happy 4th July!

I was reading some past posts about fave fan fic's.........for those of you who enjoy the more 'mature' stories may i recommend 'Limo's , Foyers & Bedrooms' by Jenifer624 (aka D'rinda')......Gail R Delaney's site 'Sam & Jack - out of the room' is also another must see for fellow ship-mates.

LOL :)