PDA

View Full Version : Sam Carter/Jack O'Neill Ship Appreciation Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57

Oma-1
June 28th, 2005, 03:01 PM
I'm gonna spoil this Q&A from Joe in case anyone doesn't want to read it .....

SueS
3. When Sam returns will she still be in the Air Force?

JM
Check it out. She comes back in Beachhead.

SueS
Mmm, you didn't say maaaybe, but your answer seems slightly evasive. I mean you didn't come out and say "Yeah, she's military. Why wouldn't she be?"

See, the reason I asked about Sam's military status when she returns is because I've read spoilers that Mitchell refers to Sam as "Sam" and not as Col. Carter. If Mitchell is a "Military man's military man" I would not think that he would refer to another military member of his team in such an informal
manner while on-duty.

So, other than Sam not being military any more, is there another reason why Mitchell would refer to her as Sam and not Col. Carter during a mission?

And I'm gonna spoil my comments too :p

We've all been so fixated on Jack's retiring and running Homeworld Security as a civillian, that we may have overlooked something. Although many Sam fans could see this as a blow for Sam's character (as I must admit I do), but as a ship fan, it certainly pushes the regs problem out the window. Kinda leaves me in a quandry. Rock..Oma...Hard Place.

Comments anyone????

Billie
June 28th, 2005, 03:02 PM
Don't panic yet! Don't forget the 60 min and 90 shows all have those crappy adverts that get in the way of our shipping. On the DVD, the original TV 60 min version will be around 41-43 mins, and the 90 min TV version will be around 60 mins.

Good point!... *gets up off the floor, stops breathing into paperbag and retakes seat*
Am hoping that katethegaters rave about the ship fest in Threads must mean that the dvd does have the uncut version coz if not you've not seen the whole shipfest katethegater!! and it's 100% Squeeeee!! :D :D

Billie
June 28th, 2005, 03:20 PM
See, the reason I asked about Sam's military status when she returns is because I've read spoilers that Mitchell refers to Sam as "Sam" and not as Col. Carter. If Mitchell is a "Military man's military man" I would not think that he would refer to another military member of his team in such an informal
manner while on-duty.

We've all been so fixated on Jack's retiring and running Homeworld Security as a civillian, that we may have overlooked something. Although many Sam fans could see this as a blow for Sam's character (as I must admit I do), but as a ship fan, it certainly pushes the regs problem out the window. Kinda leaves me in a quandry. Rock..Oma...Hard Place.

Comments anyone????

mmmm.....seeing your rock and seeing your hard place (at least I think I do!).
I guess I was assuming that Sam would be back as Col Carter as I can't really ever see her leaving the airforce (jack retiring means she can stay military and have him too....lucky gal!), and if she is I'm not too happy about Mitchell calling her Sam, mainly because Jack calling her Sam has always generated a jelly leg, wobbly knees moment for me!! :p I know, I know I'm so shallow!! :)

Billie
June 28th, 2005, 03:51 PM
Well goodnight all. I've been awake way too long and my eyes are squealing at me to call it a night so it's off to bed and into the world of shippy dreamzzzzzzz....

....jack strode purposefully up to sam as the sun was setting behind the mountain. As their eyes met they both recognised the unspoken passion that had grown and deepened over the last eight years and which was destined to lock them together...forever. Jack took her in his arms and.....

ok, I'm leaving the next bit for you all to fill in in your own shippy dreams!! :p

Dream well fellow shippers!! :D :D

jay
June 28th, 2005, 03:56 PM
im watching Metamorphosis right now, and right before sam puts her head on jacks shoulder (awww i love that part) when she looks at teal'c and he nods his head, does it seem to any body else that hes given her permission to have that moment with jack? like right after he nods his head ,he turns his back on them to give them privacy it seems like.

sg-1fanintn
June 28th, 2005, 04:16 PM
http://bestsmileys.com/welcome/18.gif Sum1 & barb69 to the Shipper Family!!

I was browsing the spoiler pics for Season 9 and saw S9 that Jack has been promoted!! He is a two-star general now! Maybe Sam got a promotion too! When Jack was promoted to general, Sam got her promotion to Lt Col. Then there is no problem with who is the leader of SG-1. I know it's probably not true, but it is wishful thinking.
Here is the link to the spoiler pic...
http://www.gateworld.net/sg1/s9/graphics/903_10.shtml

It looks like there are three shiny things on his shoulder.....not two. What do you think?

sg-1fanintn
June 28th, 2005, 04:37 PM

SueS

JM

SueS
Mmm, you didn't say maaaybe, but your answer seems slightly evasive. I mean you didn't come out and say "Yeah, she's military. Why wouldn't she be?"

manner while on-duty.

So, other than Sam not being military any more, is there another reason why Mitchell would refer to her as Sam and not Col. Carter during a mission?

Comments anyone????

I have suspected all along that it might be Sam who leaves the military for them to be together. The reasons:

1. As a scientist, she could stay at the high level of involvement at which she's been by moving to Area 51.....which would also put her farther away from Jack's chain of command.

2. It makes it convenient for TPTB, because if she's no longer military, and she has left the SGC, it opens the door for BB to lead SG-1 without it being disrespectful of Sam. Which means that she only comes back to SG-1 because the situation is so dire that they NEED her badly!

3. Jacob told her in Grace and Threads, "You only joined the Air Force because of me. Don't let the rules stand in the way of you being happy." Think how many of those discussions were repeated from one ep to the other, and how many of them have come true. It may have been another clue.

4. If she's now in charge at Area 51, or in charge of scientific research there, hasn't she gotten a more important job than she would have as commander of SG-1? How could we resent BB then (channeling TPTB here)?

It sure would tie everything up in a neat little bow.

(((Nickatell)))

Yes I had reservations about the Sam & Jack ship for S9. Being realistic, it aint gonna be the same. And that's heartbreaking. But Joe's given me enough to believe that Sam & Jack are together as a couple and that we'll get it confirmed at some point - possibly in Ex Deus Machina (although I really don't wanna have to wait that long to find out :eek: ).

To be honest, that's all I expect. Confirmation that they're together. And a few guest appearances from RDA in the next few seasons *fingers crossed*.

Jack's my fave character so I'm gonna miss him tremendously. But there are lots of other aspects about SG-1 that I love, that I'm not prepared to give up on yet. So I'll give the new storylines and characters a chance, and hope I can find as much enjoyment out of S9 of SG-1 as I did out of S1 of Atlantis. I'm pretty much thinking of it as a new spin off, but with the added bonus that some of my fave characters are still there in Sam, Daniel and Teal'c, and that RDA will put in a few cameos in the following seasons to stave of the Jack Withdrawal Symptoms.

Creepy.....I would have said the exact same thing. Oma-1, I think you're my lost sister on a different continent!

Welcome to the J/S Shipper Thread!

hobbitsrul

barb69

katethegater

dipsofjazz
June 28th, 2005, 04:42 PM
Yes! Bev must be in heaven!! http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/36/36_3_7.gif (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZSzfw003)

:p
:D You bet I am!!!! :D :p :D Sticky-up hair! *happy sigh*

girlgater
June 28th, 2005, 05:01 PM

SueS

JM

SueS

manner while on-duty.

Comments anyone????

Hi Oma! I've wondered the same thing myself. It would definitely put a different twist on everything! But...as dreadful as it would be, it might prove to be a way for them to be together.

In answer to your earlier question about SkyOne. I watch Scifi on cable here in the US. They've only shown S6 so far. I'd like to see S7 (although I have it on DVD) and definitely S8.

sugarshaker
June 28th, 2005, 05:03 PM
im watching Metamorphosis right now, and right before sam puts her head on jacks shoulder (awww i love that part) when she looks at teal'c and he nods his head, does it seem to any body else that hes given her permission to have that moment with jack? like right after he nods his head ,he turns his back on them to give them privacy it seems like.

I loved that scene where she put her head on his shoulder. It was completely unexpected because they had pretty much dropped the ship since D&C. For me it was definitely a Woo-Hoo! moment. :)

girlgater
June 28th, 2005, 05:05 PM

I'm not sure if it means he's giving his permission...or more of an acknowledgement of the fact that she needs Jack and that he should take care of her. Definitely a must see shippy moment. I also like it whenever he tries to bargain with Nirrti for the reversal of whatever Nirrti did to Sam.

girlgater
June 28th, 2005, 05:07 PM
I loved that scene where she put her head on his shoulder. It was completely unexpected because they had pretty much dropped the ship since D&C. For me it was definitely a Woo-Hoo! moment. :)

I like it too when Jack helped her off the machine thingy after the (can't remember his name) reversed Nirrti's work. Jack reached for her hand, but took her by the arm instead. Sweet..

sg-1fanintn
June 28th, 2005, 05:30 PM

I like it too when Jack helped her off the machine thingy after the (can't remember his name) reversed Nirrti's work. Jack reached for her hand, but took her by the arm instead. Sweet..

Yes, I thought that was a special moment too. The whole ep, you could just tell how concerned he was for all of them.....but especially for Sam. And when he said, "Get some rest. That's an order," she could have lain down, but instead, she chose to put her head on his shoulder.....because that was more comforting.

gatebee
June 28th, 2005, 05:50 PM

SueS
JM
SueS
manner while on-duty.
Comments anyone????
wow (((((((( Oma ))))))))) you assessment has definitely put me as you are in a "rock and a hard place". I am a 110% shipper but I hope not if ( and I can't believe I am saying this ) Sam's character is not the same as we know her to be ... the kicka$$ leader that she should be.

sg-1fanintn
June 28th, 2005, 05:51 PM
All together now.....

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y128/newsgoddess/abz.jpg

A-a-a-a-h-h-h-h-h.......

sugarshaker
June 28th, 2005, 05:53 PM

That's right - I forgot all about that part. He starts to take her hand, then hesitates, and they kind of fumble it but it's sweet. Thanks for the reminder. :)

gatebee
June 28th, 2005, 06:01 PM
All together now.....

A-a-a-a-h-h-h-h-h.......
a a a a a a a h h h h h h h .... so sweet ...

ses110
June 28th, 2005, 06:10 PM
nickatell I know everyone is entitled to do what they want but I'am very surprised that so many Shippers are willing to watch Season 9.I was not happy with Seasons 7 and 8 and I was not happy with how the Ship was handled at the end of Season 8 so why should I watch Season 9? IMO we gave enough support to TPTB of this Show and we did not get enough return on our investment.It also does not help when TPTB and some of the Actors take shots at RDA and some of the cast that are no longer involved with the Show.In regards to Season 9 There's no Jack so how good can the Ship be and Season 9 seems to be Jaffa Heavy.IMO the Teal'c character is not good when he is front and center in an episode.I have no desire to see Teal'c and Mitchell be buddy buddy like Jack and Teal'c.I also rather not see Sam be buddies with Mitchell either.I just hope Daniel gives a hard time to Mitchell like he did to Jack.

nell
June 28th, 2005, 06:19 PM
for any 1 who reads fanfics, do you know if the great author Sally Reeve have stopped writing? i love her stories but she hasn't wrote any thing for almost 2 years now.

As a matter of fact, I wrote to Sally not too long ago and asked her that same question. She replied that she has a contract with a book company and has written two Stargate novels. They are available in the UK only but I ordered through ebay and I should be getting my copy of "A Matter of Honor" within a few days. She also co-wrote one of last month's Stargate magazine articles or was it the new issue? Anyway, she is a Kick A$$ good writer and I can't wait for the book! I'll give a review. ;)

pittsburghgirl
June 28th, 2005, 06:23 PM
That's right - I forgot all about that part. He starts to take her hand, then hesitates, and they kind of fumble it but it's sweet. Thanks for the reminder. :)
actually i think that they are reaching out to each other. and my shippy little heart thinks he was holding her hand behind her back. *sigh where are those rose colored glasses when you need them?

sg-1fanintn
June 28th, 2005, 06:31 PM
nickatell I know everyone is entitled to do what they want but I'am very surprised that so many Shippers are willing to watch Season 9.I was not happy with Seasons 7 and 8 and I was not happy with how the Ship was handled at the end of Season 8 so why should I watch Season 9? IMO we gave enough support to TPTB of this Show and we did not get enough return on our investment.It also does not help when TPTB and some of the Actors take shots at RDA and some of the cast that are no longer involved with the Show.In regards to Season 9 There's no Jack so how good can the Ship be and Season 9 seems to be Jaffa Heavy.IMO the Teal'c character is not good when he is front and center in an episode.I have no desire to see Teal'c and Mitchell be buddy buddy like Jack and Teal'c.I also rather not see Sam be buddies with Mitchell either.I just hope Daniel gives a hard time to Mitchell like he did to Jack.

I understand your frustration, ses110--believe me, I do. That's why I joined GW three months ago in the first place--massive frustration at the end of S8. But I'm just not willing to judge until I see what they're going to do. If it's a whole new focus (T & A as opposed to compelling stories), if they don't let us know that Sam & Jack are together, if BB and CB take over OUR SHOW, then I probably won't want to watch anymore. I'll feel they let me down.

But, if TPTB tell me in their vague little ways that S & J are together, if Vala's silly costumes are just a passing thing, if the show doesn't become Farscape and remains true to itself.....and, if the Arthurian legend story arc isn't too stupid.....then I'll probably stick around.

I was not disappointed in S7 and S8. I believe we got a lot in regards to the S/J ship. We had a long discussion several weeks ago about :eek: 's impact. If Sam hadn't had that experience, could Threads have turned out the way it did? No, our ship wasn't blatantly portrayed beyond a shadow of a doubt, but it would be unrealistic to draw any conclusions other than the one we've drawn. But both Sam and Jack had to go through the frustration, the ups, the downs, to get to where we know they are now. And Sam had to realize that she wasn't going to be happy settling for the wrong man just to have a normal life. Now, she and Jack both know that they've failed miserably at trying to move on with anyone else....because they love each other too much. So, they have to make it work.

Granted, S7 and S8 got a little wierd at times, and went way-off canon, but I think the end result was worth it. So, that's why I'm keeping an open mind to S9.....for now.

LOL4JACK
June 28th, 2005, 06:44 PM
Hi Shippers.... been away and lately this place is a the revolution, can't miss a day, the ship is high!!!

I watched Threads tonight with a friend, he likes Stargate and has followed more or less, but he has missed the last seasons, so Threads was a suprise for him, but I was LOL with his comments:

- During the flower / phone call scene, he was ROFLHAO, Sam looking at her dad (basically telling him to shut up) Jack telling her to take the day off and the looks, he could not stop laughing. And his best comment:
* My Friend: How is she going to marry a guy when she is in love with O'Neill, priceless....

- In the infirmary when her dad was telling her to quit the Air Force:
* Sam: But Dad, I'm happy
* My Friend: No your not.....!!!! (so he is getting it)

- When Sam when to see Jack at his house and Kerry comes out and said this is an awkward moment....
* Sam: Ya think!
* My Friend: ROFLAO

And finally I asked him if he thought S/J would get together and he said without hesistation "Of course, but he has to retire first" so shipper or no shipper... he knows they belong together!

sg-1fanintn
June 28th, 2005, 06:46 PM
Hi Shippers.... been away and lately this place is a the revolution, can't miss a day, the ship is high!!!

I watched Threads tonight with a friend, he likes Stargate and has followed more or less, but he has missed the last seasons, so Threads was a suprise for him, but I was LOL with his comments:

- During the flower / phone call scene, he was ROFLHAO, Sam looking at her dad (basically telling him to shut up) Jack telling her to take the day off and the looks, he could not stop laughing. And his best comment:
* My Friend: How is she going to marry a guy when she is in love with O'Neill, priceless....

- In the infirmary when her dad was telling her to quit the Air Force:
* Sam: But Dad, I'm happy
* My Friend: No your not.....!!!! (so he is getting it)

- When Sam when to see Jack at his house and Kerry comes out and said this is an awkward moment....
* Sam: Ya think!
* My Friend: ROFLAO

And finally I asked him if he thought S/J would get together and he said without hesistation "Of course, but he has to retire first" so shipper or no shipper... he knows they belong together!

Love your friend's reactions! Thanks for sharing!

ses110
June 28th, 2005, 06:56 PM
sg-1 fanintn I respect your views but I disagree about getting alot in regards to S/J Ship in Season 7 and 8.Most of Season 8 had no S/J Ship and New Order was a lousy follow up to Lost City in terms of Ship.If TPTB wanted to bring in a Boyfriend for Sam it should have happened back in Season 5 since there was hardly any Sam and Jack Ship in 5.I also do not feel Sam needed a Boyfriend to help were realize she would be settling for the wrong Guy.Sam should have realized her feelings for Jack were too strong and since Sam and Jack never gave themselves a chance there was no way Sam could move on without wanting to give things a try with Jack first.It would be one thing if Sam and Jack had a talk and agreed they could never be together or Jack told Sam he did not have romantic feeling for her,Then I could see Sam going out with Pete.IMO there were too many unanswered question about Jack for Sam to be thinking about another Guy.

LOL4JACK
June 28th, 2005, 06:57 PM
I understand your frustration, ses110--believe me, I do. That's why I joined GW three months ago in the first place--massive frustration at the end of S8. But I'm just not willing to judge until I see what they're going to do. If it's a whole new focus (T & A as opposed to compelling stories), if they don't let us know that Sam & Jack are together, if BB and CB take over OUR SHOW, then I probably won't want to watch anymore. I'll feel they let me down.

But, if TPTB tell me in their vague little ways that S & J are together, if Vala's silly costumes are just a passing thing, if the show doesn't become Farscape and remains true to itself.....and, if the Arthurian legend story arc isn't too stupid.....then I'll probably stick around.

I was not disappointed in S7 and S8. I believe we got a lot in regards to the S/J ship. We had a long discussion several weeks ago about :eek: 's impact. If Sam hadn't had that experience, could Threads have turned out the way it did? No, our ship wasn't blatantly portrayed beyond a shadow of a doubt, but it would be unrealistic to draw any conclusions other than the one we've drawn. But both Sam and Jack had to go through the frustration, the ups, the downs, to get to where we know they are now. And Sam had to realize that she wasn't going to be happy settling for the wrong man just to have a normal life. Now, she and Jack both know that they've failed miserably at trying to move on with anyone else....because they love each other too much. So, they have to make it work.

Granted, S7 and S8 got a little wierd at times, and went way-off canon, but I think the end result was worth it. So, that's why I'm keeping an open mind to S9.....for now.
SG-1fanintn, I could not have said it better, I love RDA to a level that I have no words :D :D :D, OMA care to try? :D and the level of frustration with S9 of not having him there is hugh, but I also joined GW, to express that frustration and with no hope for S9.

But being here, reading Joe, reading the fans and the shippers I'm actually looking forward to it, yes I love RDA, yes I love the ship, but I also love Stargate in general and I'll give them the chance to make it work.

I know that the first eps will be difficult since RDA and AT will not be there, but I have my hopes high when AT is back, and as our good friend OMA said, "The ship ain't over yet"

TPTB have not disappointed me yet, they gave ship to a show that initially had non and they have kept it going, they have not killed it, so they deserve a chance with S9.

Hey we might even get more ship than in other seasons :D :D :D

ses110
June 28th, 2005, 07:12 PM
LOL4JACK the Sam and Jack Ship started from the very first episode.IMO TPTB used up there chances.I have no problem if other Shippers want to watch Season 9.This is just IMO.

nell
June 28th, 2005, 07:12 PM
Hi Shippers,

Wow! Terrific discussions going on here all day! I peeked at Joe's Thread and he's still sharing although vague! But I gotta love the guy for giving us some hope! Maybe I'm wearing the rose-colored glasses but I decided to move forward and give Season 9 a chance. Sam and Jack are not resolved but I expect that we'll learn a little more in Season 9. I'll be surprised if Sam has resigned her commission as an Air Force officer but hope that the chain of command is not an issue between her and Jack because he is at the Pentagon now. Apparently, Jack accepted a promotion instead of taking Kerry's recommedation to retire. Should I be upset with our Jack? Remember Jacob told Sam that she could HAVE IT ALL, i.e., career [as an officer?] and love.

nell
June 28th, 2005, 07:16 PM
All together now.....

A-a-a-a-h-h-h-h-h.......

THANK YOU!! Straight to my Shippy Moments folder!!! :p

Token
June 28th, 2005, 07:17 PM
It looks like there are three shiny things on his shoulder.....not two. What do you think?

This is what I think...S9 There are two stars and one shiny button on the epaulet of his uniform. :D As quickly as he has risen from one-star to two-star general, I don't think TPTB could justify him getting three stars so soon.

LOL4JACK
June 28th, 2005, 07:28 PM
LOL4JACK the Sam and Jack Ship started from the very first episode.IMO TPTB used up there chances.I have no problem if other Shippers want to watch Season 9.This is just IMO.
Hi Ses110, I completly respect your opinion :) and that is what is so great about this thread, we can discuss everything :p and at the end it's all about the ship.

I agree that this ship has been in there since day 1, but was it intentional? I think the chemistry between RDA and AT, gave us something that TPTB never thought they had...

So in their honor a passionate shippy moment from S1 in IMAX :)

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y219/cmb1009/brocadivide129_jpg.jpg

Cassie
June 28th, 2005, 07:32 PM
All together now.....

A-a-a-a-h-h-h-h-h.......

*sigh* one of the great head on shoulder moments Thanks sg-1fanintn and congrats on your 500th post!!!

LOL4JACK
June 28th, 2005, 07:39 PM
*sigh* one of the great head on shoulder moments Thanks sg-1fanintn and congrats on your 500th post!!!
SG-1fanintn, can't rep you, but 500 post dance... there always has to be dance ;) and cake...

http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/5/5_1_122.gif

Why to go girl....

nell
June 28th, 2005, 07:40 PM
All together now.....

A-a-a-a-h-h-h-h-h.......

CONGRATULATIONS SG-1FANINTN ON 500 POSTS!!!

nell
June 28th, 2005, 07:43 PM
gatebee, where are you???
CONGRATULATIONS ON 2500 POSTS!!!

ses110
June 28th, 2005, 07:45 PM
Thanks LOL4JACK.I think it was intentional.The Chemistry between RDA and AT is through the Roof but TPTB were the ones who created the Shippy parts.

gatebee
June 28th, 2005, 07:45 PM
gatebee, where are you???
CONGRATULATIONS ON 2500 POSTS!!!
Nell .... I am here ...thank you

Buc252
June 28th, 2005, 07:46 PM
I'm really dreading the July 15th premier of season 9-very little Jack, no Sam, no Dr Frasier, no General Hammond, no Jacob Carter-let's see-is there any other of our favorite characters missing? We've got 2 Farscape actors, a complete stranger in Gen Landry, his daughter, but at least we do get Dr Jackson and Teal'c. Not too much for devoted fans of the original Stargate SG1 show. I'll watch, but only because RDA will make a cameo appearance. I know some of the missing characters are not the fault of TPTB but they really painted themselves in a corner with the ones they killed off. I remember when Bewitched switched Darrens, but it didn't matter too much cause all of the other original cast members were the same. Can't say the same for the geniuses behind this show. "This is like an all new show"-great! except for the fans of 8 years who loved the old show! I hope I'm wrong but I really can't see this BB person as the new leader of SG1. They needed more of a character actor not another pretty face, we've got Michael Shanks for that. Maybe after Sam returns, the show will return but I'm not holding my breath!

Wonderfully said! I won't be watching at all, unless I hear that RDA is in an ep that Sam/Amanda is also in. IMO, they should have ended the series gracefully at the end of S8, and, if they wanted, created a whole new show with a couple transplanted characters. Oh, and they should take a year off to get their heads together because, to be honest, the scripts this year and last mostly stank!

There are so many holes in the new S9 scenario, I can't even care anymore. And since I was never much of a Daniel fan and became even less of one when MS came back and they kicked off Jonas, there's nothing there for me anymore.

Obviously, TPTB don't care about a good deal of the existing fans - all they want are those transplanted Farscape fans and the young males looking for T&A.

ses110
June 28th, 2005, 07:55 PM
Very well said Mary.Like you I will watch when RDA does an episode with AT.I also was bothered when Jonas was kicked off the Show.I liked the Daniel from the Movie much better than the TV Daniel.James Spader's Daniel had a way to challange and disagree with Jack without being high and mighy and not being whinny.I also though the Movie Daniel was more of a Team player.I like the Teal'c character but to me it sounds like Teal'c and the Jaffa are getting too much time in Season 9.IMO Teal'c is better as the strong silent type and not as a leading character.While I Love the Sam chacter the Sam character is not the same without Jack and I'am not just talking about the Ship.

waterfall
June 28th, 2005, 08:02 PM
This is what I think...S9 There are two stars and one shiny button on the epaulet of his uniform. :D As quickly as he has risen from one-star to two-star general, I don't think TPTB could justify him getting three stars so soon.

Here's what I think:
If he got another star that quick, how long do you think it will take for him to make president???
BTW, does Sam get another promotion too??

And as for the debate on who will watch Season 9:
I like my S/J ship as much as the next shipper but ship is not the only reason I watch Stargate SG-1, I watch cause I am a sci-fi junkie and I like thought provoking stories and the big "what if's" of the universe.
I will be watching Season 9 because even without ship it's still some of the best television around.
That and there's always Season 10...... :D

waterfall

Buc252
June 28th, 2005, 08:05 PM

I'm with you, Ses, and I also don't see why anybody would want to give TPTB another chance. They've shafted us, insulted us, turned a blind eye to what we wanted to see (and asked for quite politely, btw) while they wrote "The Daniel Jackson Story" and basically produced some really terrible scripts in the past few years. I gave them eight YEARS to get this ship on the road. (On the water? <g>) I'm not willing to give them one more second.

For my own personal case, I'd feel disloyal to the ship and to Jack O'Neill if I did anything else. If others want to watch it, that's great! I have no problem with it. But some of us can't get caught up in your enthusiasm - we just shake our heads and say, "I don't get it!" <g> Nothing short of an on-screen kiss between Sam and Jack could get me enthusiastic about the show - and not in S10 or beyond, but NOW! The first five minutes of the S9 premier or nothing . . . and we know that's not going to happen. :(

nell
June 28th, 2005, 08:19 PM
Here's what I think:
If he got another star that quick, how long do you think it will take for him to make president???

I like my S/J ship as much as the next shipper but ship is not the only reason I watch Stargate SG-1, I watch cause I am a sci-fi junkie and I like thought provoking stories and the big "what if's" of the universe.
I will be watching Season 9 because even without ship it's still some of the best television around.

waterfall

waterfall, I have to agree with you. I love our Sam and Jack but I really started watching Stargate for the SciFi. Don't misunderstand me cause I will be hugely disappointed if we don't Season 9 get some confirmation about our Sam and Jack. But, I have to admit that I want to see Ben Browder in action!!! :cool: Oh, no, Lieutenant Colonel Mitchell will not be General O'Neill's substitute. He is hot though!! ;)

Hey, I'm not getting kicked off the thread for saying BB is hot, huh? :o

Token
June 28th, 2005, 08:35 PM
Here's what I think:

waterfall

WATERFALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/11/11_2_104.gif (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZSzfw003)It's SOOOO good to see ya!!!!! Where ya been hiding??? ;)

Hmmmmm......Jack as President!! I could go for that!! :cool: He would definitely cut through the bull crap!

My take on Season 9 and beyond is this. If the stories are good ala "Death Knell", "Lost City", "Reckoning", "Zero Hour", I'll watch. If they are as full of plot holes like some of Season 7 and most of Season 8 :eek:, or they are full of Daniel's soapbox and Jaffa rebellion *yawn*; then forgetaboutit!!

ses110
June 28th, 2005, 08:43 PM
Mary I look at it this way.If TPTB want me to watch there going to have to give me what I want.That means real Sam and Jack Ship.Not offscreen Sam and Jack Ship.I will no longer be the type of SG-1 Fan who watches every episode no matter what.I went through that in Season 7 and 8 and when I heard RDA was leaving that was the last straw.In regards to Season 10 I cannot get excited about a Season 10 that may or may not have RDA appear in a few episodes.Season 10 is still 2 Years away if it happens.For me to watch a full Season of SG-1 again I'am going to need to see RDA in 5 Full episodes.I'am not holding my breath on that one.Right now for me to watch Season 9 would be like slapping myself in the Face.

Uber
June 28th, 2005, 08:48 PM
waterfall, I have to agree with you. I love our Sam and Jack but I really started watching Stargate for the SciFi. Don't misunderstand me cause I will be hugely disappointed if we don't Season 9 get some confirmation about our Sam and Jack. But, I have to admit that I want to see Ben Browder in action!!! :cool: Oh, no, Lieutenant Colonel Mitchell will not be General O'Neill's substitute. He is hot though!! ;)

Hey, I'm not getting kicked off the thread for saying BB is hot, huh? :oHey!!!! Ben Browder is WAY HOT! So is David DeLuise (even though Pete was a schmo)

I want to see a great ship between Cam and Sam...FRIENDship...and I want there to be some tension between them...not sexual tension of course but maybe some knocking of heads having to do with the team.

None of the above change the fact that Sam's heart belongs to one person and one person only...And I think you'd have to truly be brain dead to not know to whom I'm referring...

*cough*JACK*cough*

:cool:

Sum1
June 28th, 2005, 09:02 PM
Hey!!!! Ben Browder is WAY HOT! So is David DeLuise (even though Pete was a schmo)

I want to see a great ship between Cam and Sam...FRIENDship...and I want there to be some tension between them...not sexual tension of course but maybe some knocking of heads having to do with the team.

None of the above change the fact that Sam's heart belongs to one person and one person only...And I think you'd have to truly be brain dead to not know to whom I'm referring...

*cough*JACK*cough*

Personally, I wouldn't mind seeing some initial tension between Cam and Sam over leadership. If he'd accuse her of having gotten leadership of SG-1 because of her relationship with Jack, that would be an interesting way to start off their working relationship (and it would send a nice obvious signal about the relationship between Sam and Jack), though I doubt TPTB are that gutsy.

BTW, am I the only male here?

divcon
June 28th, 2005, 09:22 PM
OH MY GOD. I did it, I finally did it.
buries my head into my hands and shakes said head

I've finally posted my fics. I hope you take the time to read them. All comments greatly appreciated. The deed is done, there's no going back out now.

Here are the links

http://www.fanfiction.net/~divcon or
http://www.fanfictions.net/u./840674/

There you go guys, you were so nice to me when I posted the first part on this thread I hope that the next two parts of the story are just as good. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Uber
June 28th, 2005, 11:23 PM
Personally, I wouldn't mind seeing some initial tension between Cam and Sam over leadership. If he'd accuse her of having gotten leadership of SG-1 because of her relationship with Jack, that would be an interesting way to start off their working relationship (and it would send a nice obvious signal about the relationship between Sam and Jack), though I doubt TPTB are that gutsy.

BTW, am I the only male here?Yes. And your poor lonely Y chromosome sticks out like a sore thumb...

Just kidding.

There are actually quite a few guys that post on the shipper thread from time to time...

divcon
June 28th, 2005, 11:41 PM

BTW, am I the only male here?

What a great idea. It would set the tone for the Cam/Sam relationship.
"You MAY be the leader of SG1, but it's really Jack's team and always will be"

Makes her opions known and lets all us shippers know that all hope is not forgotten. TPTB should take into some condideration ALL the good ideas that appear here courtesy of the best shippers, nay the best fans a show has ever had. :) :) :p :p :D :D

lonely_star
June 29th, 2005, 12:05 AM

well if you're talking about heads on shoulder..... congrats guys for your posts !! you're amazing and divcon for your fics (I'll read them later)

http://img228.echo.cx/img228/4455/bts10em.jpg

http://img228.echo.cx/img228/5056/bts27lm.jpg

http://img228.echo.cx/img228/5867/bts33eg.jpg

lonely_star
June 29th, 2005, 12:06 AM
we never have enough!!!

http://img228.echo.cx/img228/7366/bts45ad.jpg

http://img228.echo.cx/img228/5686/bts54gf.jpg

http://img228.echo.cx/img228/5997/bts62xu.jpg

florence
June 29th, 2005, 12:40 AM
actually i think that they are reaching out to each other. and my shippy little heart thinks he was holding her hand behind her back. *sigh where are those rose colored glasses when you need them?

Rose-colored glasses ? Here they are :D
http://www.randi.org/images/RoseGlasses.jpg

Sorry, couldn't resist :p

Great discussions about watching or not watching S9 going on here ! I think I share Token's point of view : I'll give S9 a chance. If the stories are good, I'll watch it. But if not... then I'll probably keep an eye on spoilers to see if maybe there could be some hint about Sam/Jack and I'll watch something else (I love SGA :D And there are other great TV shows that I love too. I've just found out Lost and I'm already hooked !)

pittsburghgirl
June 29th, 2005, 03:29 AM
heehee-smooch-thank you florence

Silver
June 29th, 2005, 04:13 AM
Ooh, I've been wrapped up in shippery thoughts for season nine. In relation to ON-screen ship, I'd love to see something like this... maybe at the end of a later episode. :D

Jack enters Sam's lab quietly. She is sat down on a high lab stool with her back to him so doesn't see him approach. He bends down and kisses the spot behind her ear, massaging her shoulders, and Sam smiles and dips her head to escape his kisses.

Sam: Jack?

Jack (kissing her neck): Mmm?

Sam (still smiling): It's wonderful that you're here, but, um...why are you here, dear?

Jack: Does it matter?

Sam (sighing happily): Not really, but...

Jack: Thought I'd pay you all a little visit...I need to speak to Landry, and it's not very busy in Washington at the minute...they'll call if they need me...

Sam: Oh! So you're...?

Jack straightens up again as she swivells round to face him and grins.

Jack: Here for the weekend, yep.

Sam: (grinning herself): That's great! (stands up) Why didn't you say something?

Jack wraps his arms around her and they hug. She chuckles as he sways her.

Jack: Can I not surprise from time to time?

Sam: Of course, providing there are more surprises to come...

They pull back and Jack holds her face tenderly.

Jack: Oh, I can guarantee it, Carter...

He leans in and kisses her. Daniel and Teal'c walk in but the couple don't notice. Daniel seems stunned for a moment at their oblivious embrace, Teal'c just smiles smugly, and then Daniel composes himself and they both swirl around and walk out of Sam's lab, leaving Sam and Jack alone once again... *fade out*

Wishful thinking. ;) :p

Billie
June 29th, 2005, 04:38 AM
Ah, but how we love wishful thinking Silver! *sighs dreamily*

Loving your thoughts on S9 ship! I posted mine a few pages back and am thinking of padding it out for my first fanfic, RL permitting.

Must just express my sincere gratitude to sam and jack for helping me through my visit to the dentist this morning! I had to have an injection :eek: :eek: and so as the needle approached I screwed my eyes shut and activated visual yum mode....sam kissing jack, jack kissing sam, sam kissing jack, jack..........!! :D Lovin those guys!! :p :p

How weird a feeling having an injection is, the whole left side of my face is numb and I feel like I've been punched in the mush by Teal'c!! *heads off to drink or more likely dribble juice through a straw*

florence
June 29th, 2005, 04:51 AM
Ooh, I've been wrapped up in shippery thoughts for season nine. In relation to ON-screen ship, I'd love to see something like this... maybe at the end of a later episode. :D

<snip>

I really love your wishful thinking Silver :D
Have you ever thought about writing fics ?

divcon
June 29th, 2005, 05:12 AM
Silver, what a great way for the ship to go. You should expand and write a fic using that scene. I was nervous at first but I persevered and finally posted three short fics. I checked tonight and have a positive reveiw, I was so excited.

Billie
June 29th, 2005, 05:30 AM
Just read your fics divcon and you have certainly hit the ground running!! Are you sure you haven't been secretly writing on the side for the last few years??!!

The thought of Jack getting down on one knee is just so adorable and I can totally picture the reaction from the rest of the gang just as you've written it.
Any ideas on what jack and sam would call the twins?
Looking forward to your next batch!

nell
June 29th, 2005, 05:36 AM

Jack enters Sam's lab quietly. She is sat down on a high lab stool with her back to him so doesn't see him approach. He bends down and kisses the spot behind her ear, massaging her shoulders, and Sam smiles and dips her head to escape his kisses.

Sam (still smiling): It's wonderful that you're here, but, um...why are you here, dear?

Jack: Thought I'd pay you all a little visit...I need to speak to Landry, and it's not very busy in Washington at the minute...they'll call if they need me...

Sam: (grinning herself): That's great! (stands up) Why didn't you say something?

He leans in and kisses her. Daniel and Teal'c walk in but the couple don't notice. Daniel seems stunned for a moment at their oblivious embrace, Teal'c just smiles smugly, and then Daniel composes himself and they both swirl around and walk out of Sam's lab, leaving Sam and Jack alone once again... *fade out*

I woke up to start my day and just read your shippy passage!! :p Wow!! Hot!! Now I have to take a shower! :D No, really, I have to shower before work!! ;) Hee, hee!!

divcon
June 29th, 2005, 05:39 AM
Just read your fics divcon and you have certainly hit the ground running!! Are you sure you haven't been secretly writing on the side for the last few years??!!

The thought of Jack getting down on one knee is just so adorable and I can totally picture the reaction from the rest of the gang just as you've written it.
Looking forward to your next batch!

Thanks Billie, to be honest no I hadn't thought about what I'd call the twins. No I haven't been writing on the side, but I have been tossing the idea around for a long time but more so since the end of season 8 and I realised that the on-screen ship between Jack and Sam was getting less and less.

I'm like you Billie, I can't figure out how to post pics either. I think I'm called internet challenged.

LOL4JACK
June 29th, 2005, 05:45 AM
OH MY GOD. I did it, I finally did it.
buries my head into my hands and shakes said head

I've finally posted my fics. I hope you take the time to read them. All comments greatly appreciated. The deed is done, there's no going back out now.

Here are the links

http://www.fanfiction.net/~divcon or
http://www.fanfictions.net/u./840674/

There you go guys, you were so nice to me when I posted the first part on this thread I hope that the next two parts of the story are just as good. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
Thanks Divcon for your fics, they are very, very, very nice and shippy!

I've added you to my fav authors, keep posting :)

Billie
June 29th, 2005, 05:45 AM
How about I make it my mission to figure out pic posting for the both of us? AmberMoon has just given me some advice over on the RDA Thunk thread so I'll try it out and let you know.

divcon
June 29th, 2005, 05:55 AM
How about I make it my mission to figure out pic posting for the both of us? AmberMoon has just given me some advice over on the RDA Thunk thread so I'll try it out and let you know.

That'd be great Billie and yeah that's where I saw your post about the pics. I have set up an account on photobucket, just gotta figure out what to do next.

Thanks for the comments LOL4Jack, I wrote those fics in a day, so maybe if I sit down and think a bit harder I can come up with some more. You can NEVER have enough of Jack and Sam. Did you read Silver's post. I think she has a talent for the ship fic as well.

Billie
June 29th, 2005, 06:17 AM
Ok.... here we go my first attempt at posting a pic....drum roll please....

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a57/pcbillie/jacksam16.jpg

Whayhey!!!...*sits back and pats oneself on the back* :D :D

Might just have to do a little downsizing though!!

divcon
June 29th, 2005, 06:22 AM

Wow that's amazing Billie. Well done.

*Divcon pats Billie on the back.*

Billie
June 29th, 2005, 06:33 AM
Have a go divcon, have a go...it's such fun!!! Have just posted one of my fav jack pics over the thunk thread..yumyum!

ForeverSg1
June 29th, 2005, 07:34 AM
Hello Shippers...

Not sure if this has already been posted as I haven't had a chance to catch up on the thread yet, but I just read at Stargate Project that...

Richard Dean Anderson is listed as a guest star [via telephone] in the episode Beach Head (the first episode with Sam in it )

Hmmm, wonder what that could mean??? :rolleyes: :D

blueiris
June 29th, 2005, 07:48 AM
Hello Shippers...

Not sure if this has already been posted as I haven't had a chance to catch up on the thread yet, but I just read at Stargate Project that...

Richard Dean Anderson is listed as a guest star [via telephone] in the episode Beach Head (the first episode with Sam in it )

What's that I'm feeling? Hope. Could it be? Thanks for posting that, I hadn't heard.

ForeverSg1
June 29th, 2005, 07:49 AM
Very well said Mary.Like you I will watch when RDA does an episode with AT.I also was bothered when Jonas was kicked off the Show.I liked the Daniel from the Movie much better than the TV Daniel.James Spader's Daniel had a way to challange and disagree with Jack without being high and mighy and not being whinny.I also though the Movie Daniel was more of a Team player.I like the Teal'c character but to me it sounds like Teal'c and the Jaffa are getting too much time in Season 9.IMO Teal'c is better as the strong silent type and not as a leading character.While I Love the Sam chacter the Sam character is not the same without Jack and I'am not just talking about the Ship.

Ok, now tell us what you did like about the show??? :)

blueiris
June 29th, 2005, 07:51 AM

Excellent choice of pic, though!

Welcome, btw.

Billie
June 29th, 2005, 08:01 AM
Hello Shippers...

So hoping that means that Sam is on the other end of the telephone. Gotta think that she will as why else would they have RDA guest starring in ATs first episode back?

jay
June 29th, 2005, 08:03 AM
thats awsome news ForeverSg1. that could be the part we're all hoping for with sam and jack talking on the phone with each other. i would go there myself to read that so great news but isn't that site in german or somehting like that?

Billie
June 29th, 2005, 08:04 AM
Love your sigpic ForeverSg1! AT looks amazing!

ChevronSeven
June 29th, 2005, 08:13 AM
So hoping that means that Sam is on the other end of the telephone. Gotta think that she will as why else would they have RDA guest starring in ATs first episode back?

Hate to disappoint you, but according to Joe, Jack's on the phone with General Landry, playing a prank. HOWEVER, that doesn't mean that he's not in contact with Sam in another part of the episode.

Jane
June 29th, 2005, 08:31 AM
hey all, ain't been on since feb lol, been busy studying and moving house, any shippy news from the new series??? :D

blueiris
June 29th, 2005, 08:34 AM
Hate to disappoint you, but according to Joe, Jack's on the phone with General Landry, playing a prank. HOWEVER, that doesn't mean that he's not in contact with Sam in another part of the episode.
Well, that bubble didn't last long. Move that hope on to, as you say, perhaps another part of the episode.

Billie
June 29th, 2005, 08:38 AM

Oh dear, :( :( to first bit but am hoping for :) :) to second bit!!

Billie
June 29th, 2005, 08:57 AM
Now that I've managed to master the art of pic posting (how long did that take me!), thought I'd share some behind the scene pics of RDA and AT having fun. Those two are sooooo sweet together on and off screen, not surprising that the ship boat set sail from the very beginning!! ;)

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a57/pcbillie/jacksam3.jpg
http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a57/pcbillie/jacksam4.jpg
http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a57/pcbillie/jacksam6.jpg

Wonder what he said (or did) to her?????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ForeverSg1
June 29th, 2005, 09:11 AM

In my opinion, this is what season seven and eight was missing the most.
I really missed seeing Sam and Jack smiling. :(

ForeverSg1
June 29th, 2005, 09:16 AM

Yes, but come on... he's had five eps to make a phone call without Sam being there. Why would the TPTB have RDA do a phone in appearance simply to play a prank on Landry? There has to be more of Jack for that episode. But I have to say if this is all that RDA does, TPTB are wicked wicked men.

Billie
June 29th, 2005, 09:39 AM
Yes, but come on... he's had five eps to make a phone call without Sam being there. Why would the TPTB have RDA do a phone in appearance simply to play a prank on Landry? There has to be more of Jack for that episode. But I have to say if this is all that RDA does, TPTB are wicked wicked men.

Hear hear! *stands up and applauds*. It's too much of a coincidence surely that Jack appears in Sams return ep. I know that TPTB haven't exactly embraced the ship but they would be smart to put some in when the opportunity arises in order to hang onto us, the shows loyal shipper fans. Then again the shipper rollercoaster has never been an easy ride.

I for one will try S9 (when it eventually screens on Sky One) as I do enjoy the show even without j&s BUT I have to admit that it will depend on how I take to the show with all the new characters as to whether I stick with it for the whole season (unless ofcourse TPTB do harvest the ship - I'm so easily hooked!!).

ChevronSeven
June 29th, 2005, 09:45 AM

I wholeheartedly agree. I've always said that RDA should be in at least part of the episode where Amanda returns. I'd even settle for a scene in her lab and on her desk sits a picture of the two of them from a vacation, with them smiling and having a great time.

Silver
June 29th, 2005, 10:06 AM
I really love your wishful thinking Silver :D
Have you ever thought about writing fics ?

Thought and acted out that thought... ;)

Profile - http://www.fanfiction.net/u/505936/

Only two fics atm and one of them is still in progress!

I love your fics by the way, divcon -- my name's Kibeth5 on FF.net so look for my review. :)

Billie
June 29th, 2005, 10:08 AM
I've always said that RDA should be in at least part of the episode where Amanda returns. I'd even settle for a scene in her lab and on her desk sits a picture of the two of them from a vacation, with them smiling and having a great time.

If I had a pic manip program I'd create that picture for you ChevronSeven! But hey maybe one of our many talented fellow shippers may do the honours instead....anyone...pleeeassseee!! *I know begging isn't pretty but am doing it anyway*

Silver
June 29th, 2005, 10:10 AM
Silver, what a great way for the ship to go. You should expand and write a fic using that scene. I was nervous at first but I persevered and finally posted three short fics. I checked tonight and have a positive reveiw, I was so excited.

Looking back at this post, that actually could have been me! :)

Billie
June 29th, 2005, 11:21 AM

Hey ya Silver! I've just come back from your fic page having read one of your fanfics (the one with 4 chapters so far) - my review should be winging its way to you right now! :) Cutting to the chase though....
loving it! so keep writing.......quickly! :p *bites lip and trys hard to be more patient*

Magna Defender
June 29th, 2005, 11:34 AM
Hello everone how are you all? I thought I'd stop by and see how the shipper family is doing?Hope you all are well :p

Lord Zedd
June 29th, 2005, 11:38 AM
Hello everone how are you all? I thought I'd stop by and see how the shipper family is doing?Hope you all are well :p
Hi magna defender !! I see you finally took my advice and joined GW. Hope everybody is threating you nicely in here. I am sure they will :p so welcome to the ship family nice signature by the way ;) everything is for now fine by me. can't wait what season 9 is going to give. But everybody wish me good luck for tommorw and especially the day after tommorow !!!!!!

Silver
June 29th, 2005, 12:03 PM
Hey ya Silver! I've just come back from your fic page having read one of your fanfics (the one with 4 chapters so far) - my review should be winging its way to you right now! :) Cutting to the chase though....
loving it! so keep writing.......quickly! :p *bites lip and trys hard to be more patient*

Wow, thank you so, so much Billie! That's such a wonderful review! You've really made my day (hence big grin ----> :D :D :D)

Makes up for my mum recording over the tape with D&C, Beneath the Surface and Window of Opportunity on it... :( Silly mother.

Thanks! :)

Silver
June 29th, 2005, 12:20 PM
If RDA is guest-starring via telephone in Beach Head (yay at Jack's voice!), that little tidbit doesn't necessarily mean we'll only hear him once. Okay, I know TPTB wouldn't dedicate an entire episode with a good plot to phone calls, but... hey... could one more hurt? One to Sam? It could be a running-through theme. :D

I mean, from a shipper's view, if he had to choose between Landry and Sam, who do you think Jack would most want to hear? :p ;)

There again, Joe's recently said that we gain a hint as to the status of their relationship in Ex Deus Machine, which comes directly after Beach Head... so maybe they'll wait till then to acknowledge the ship! Am still hoping for a phone convo in any of the episodes in season 9, at any rate!

katethegater
June 29th, 2005, 12:47 PM
Hi Shipmates, ;)

Billie - to put you out of your misery 'threads' was about 60 mins long on the DVD, i guess that means its the full version?

Some cool special features.......'the last day of Teal'c' - some daft footage of the last days filming of S8, clowning around with Chris , Michael, Amanda & Ricky-Dean. 'Behind the Stargate, secrets revealed' hosted by McKay, 'directors series - the reckoning'......

I've just read some exciting chat about RDA making a 'phone appearance' in the S9 episode when Sam returns.....surely thats not just coincidence?

I am still riding high oh the waves of ship, i think i may have to re-watch a few oldie but goodies...(ponders)....maybe D&C?.....WOO?.....BTS?....no, i think Tangent cos Jack is so cute in that one & i love it when Sam & the cavalry arrive to rescue him & T.

LOL

Kate x :)

Billie
June 29th, 2005, 01:52 PM
Hi magna defender !! I see you finally took my advice and joined GW. Hope everybody is threating you nicely in here. I am sure they will :p so welcome to the ship family nice signature by the way ;) everything is for now fine by me. can't wait what season 9 is going to give. But everybody wish me good luck for tommorw and especially the day after tommorow !!!!!!

Good luck for tomorrow and the day after _Anubis! :D :D
just realised that I have no idea what the good luck is for.....sorry if you've already said and I haven't been paying attention!! :o

And a BIG HELLO to Magna Defender!! I'm a newbie too and have had such a warm welcome here that I just can't stay away!! Hope you have as much fun as I do :p

Billie
June 29th, 2005, 02:08 PM
Makes up for my mum recording over the tape with D&C, Beneath the Surface and Window of Opportunity on it... :( Silly mother.

Thanks! :)

Have you written that fifth chapter yet??!!!! :D Haha only kidding, but seriously...if you could get on with it..!! :p *slaps oneself yet again for being so impatient*

Can't believe your mum tut tut....my only suggestion to achieve some form of recompence on her part is for her to buy you the whole 4th season on dvd... play.com have S1 - S6 on sale (I'm just waiting for S7). And if you don't own a dvd then she'll just have to add that to her list!! :D :D

Just popping off to read your other fic and wallow in shippiness ;)

Oma-1
June 29th, 2005, 02:15 PM

Congratulations! Nice pic for your first!

Billie
June 29th, 2005, 02:18 PM
Thanks Oma-1! Now I have the knowledge there's no stopping me!!

florence
June 29th, 2005, 02:20 PM

I love your fics by the way, divcon -- my name's Kibeth5 on FF.net so look for my review. :)

Great ! :) You know, that's funny because I've read your fic 'Dance with me, Carter' last week I think. I loved it btw ! :D
And right now, I'm printing your other fic to read it tonight before going to sleep (I've printed divcon's fics too ;) )

Silver
June 29th, 2005, 02:25 PM
Have you written that fifth chapter yet??!!!! :D Haha only kidding, but seriously...if you could get on with it..!! :p *slaps oneself yet again for being so impatient*

Can't believe your mum tut tut....my only suggestion to achieve some form of recompence on her part is for her to buy you the whole 4th season on dvd... play.com have S1 - S6 on sale (I'm just waiting for S7). And if you don't own a dvd then she'll just have to add that to her list!! :D :D

Just popping off to read your other fic and wallow in shippiness ;)

Ohh I know, I really need to invest in season 4! I have 1, 6 and 7 but I can't believe the shippiest season ever isn't on that list... disgraceful *sigh*

Fifth chapter? You mean lots of angsty Sam seeking yet more Jack-cuddles following her father's memorial service? (That's not for definite!) All in good time. ;)

In the meantime, if you haven't already, read this fic here: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2334123/1/ I'm about half-way through it, and so far am finding it very enjoyable! It follows Beneath the Surface and involves Sam and Jack together with baby. *happy sigh* What more could you want? :D

Oma-1
June 29th, 2005, 02:27 PM
If RDA is guest-starring via telephone in Beach Head (yay at Jack's voice!), that little tidbit doesn't necessarily mean we'll only hear him once. Okay, I know TPTB wouldn't dedicate an entire episode with a good plot to phone calls, but... hey... could one more hurt? One to Sam? It could be a running-through theme. :D

I mean, from a shipper's view, if he had to choose between Landry and Sam, who do you think Jack would most want to hear? :p ;)

There again, Joe's recently said that we gain a hint as to the status of their relationship in Ex Deus Machine, which comes directly after Beach Head... so maybe they'll wait till then to acknowledge the ship! Am still hoping for a phone convo in any of the episodes in season 9, at any rate!
I'm sure the convo will have shippy connotations cos hopefully its Jack telling Landry that he's approving Sam's reassignment back to the SGC. Or even better - telling him he's sending someone very special to the SGC and he doesn't look after her properly he's gonna kick Landry's a$$.

Always a way to make any scene shippy :D

Or to go one better, the joke could be that Sam's not available for the SGC cos she's got a new assignment in Washington ...... :p

I know, I'm a dreamer :p

florence
June 29th, 2005, 02:29 PM
Note to everyone : please put spoiler tags when you're talking about S9 (or even S8 if I remember well GW Forum rules ;) )
There are some of us who don't want to be spoiled, thanks :)

For newbies who wouldn't know how to do spoiler tags, just look in here (http://forum.gateworld.net/faq.php?faq=post_nav#faq_spoilertag) :)

Sum1
June 29th, 2005, 02:54 PM
Thank you for the link florence.

Sam_o_Neill
June 29th, 2005, 02:55 PM
Hello Shippers...

OOOOOOHHHHHH!!!! :) Its strange that such a little thing like that could make me so excited but it does :P
So if we get a Jack/Sam phone call in BeachHead and according to Joe there is something in ExDeus Machina that means there is at least 2 episodes with ship in out of 20, which..considering the fact that Sam and Jack aren't in any together, is quite good.

Anyways I love it when we have have the really in-depth discussions about ship! It great to know what everyone else thinks.
I agree with most people..I am very worried about Season 9. I don't like the idea of there being no Jack and Ben Browder and Claudia Black being made main characters straight away is making me nervous but it is Stargate and I am definately going to give it a chance. I know it is about a lot more than just the Sam/Jack ship and I respect that but I do hope that we get ship in Season 9 just mentions will be ok at first but near the end of the season I would love to see Sam and Jack together on-screen!!

and kind of an OT question...Is there a 'Lowdown' thing this year?? Before the start of Season 9? I thought there would have been. :S

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((Shipper Family))))))))))))))))))))))))))0

Sam_o_Neill
June 29th, 2005, 02:59 PM
I wholeheartedly agree. I've always said that RDA should be in at least part of the episode where Amanda returns. I'd even settle for a scene in her lab and on her desk sits a picture of the two of them from a vacation, with them smiling and having a great time.

That is a great Idea :) Those are the kind of things that i'm hoping TPTB will do, i know we won't get anything big but i'm sure they could manage little subtle things like that!

Billie
June 29th, 2005, 03:14 PM
It's a bit quiet here tonight....is there a really great shipper episode being repeated that I don't know about??!!

Well I guess I'll head off to bed and into my world of shippy dreams. Tonight's will be based on Silvers second fic which had me laughing (alot!) and sighing as only a fab shipperfest can do :p

So on that note I'll leave you all with a few fun pics of a bit of Jack and Sam cuteness

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a57/pcbillie/forsaken4.jpg

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a57/pcbillie/forsaken5.jpg

Loving ATs smile and as Jack would say...SWEET!! :D

Sam_o_Neill
June 29th, 2005, 03:28 PM
Thanks for the great pics Billie!! :D

Catysg1
June 29th, 2005, 04:09 PM
Rose-colored glasses ? Here they are :D
http://www.randi.org/images/RoseGlasses.jpg

Sorry, couldn't resist :p

Great discussions about watching or not watching S9 going on here ! I think I share Token's point of view : I'll give S9 a chance. If the stories are good, I'll watch it. But if not... then I'll probably keep an eye on spoilers to see if maybe there could be some hint about Sam/Jack and I'll watch something else (I love SGA :D And there are other great TV shows that I love too. I've just found out Lost and I'm already hooked !)

I'd like to find out when LOST is starting in the UK if somebody could PM me ..It was advertised inn the SKY magazine a couple of months ago and then nothing ..Can somebody reassure me I didn't miss the beginning ..because this is the new show I'm looking forward seeing soon ..I'm already part of the Lost forum but I'm waiting to wacth the show before posting ..I hope I'll remember my member name and password by then !!!LOL

and If you like LOST you also may want to check "The lost world" from Arthur Conan Doyle ..This is also a great adventure where a group od Explorers are stranded on a plateau ( sci-fi , paranormal ...) with a great mythology . I Made of few videos about the couples ( ship)in that series and videos per Character too ( Mythology).

As for season 9 SG1 ..I'll watch it casually ..and that's all :) I won't make a big deal because I actually have the feeling that I should not expect anything The Sam and Jack route ...and that's ok for me ..TPTB will probably toast their DVD boxsets season 9 anyway ..I have other shows I'm interested in or looking forward to :)

Caty :)

scjon
June 29th, 2005, 04:10 PM
Hi everyone. I have decided to de-lurk after having read this thread for a long while. It's great to meet so many other Sam/Jack shippers.

Catysg1
June 29th, 2005, 04:21 PM
I'm really dreading the July 15th premier of season 9-very little Jack, no Sam, no Dr Frasier, no General Hammond, no Jacob Carter-let's see-is there any other of our favorite characters missing? We've got 2 Farscape actors, a complete stranger in Gen Landry, his daughter, but at least we do get Dr Jackson and Teal'c. Not too much for devoted fans of the original Stargate SG1 show. I'll watch, but only because RDA will make a cameo appearance. I know some of the missing characters are not the fault of TPTB but they really painted themselves in a corner with the ones they killed off. I remember when Bewitched switched Darrens, but it didn't matter too much cause all of the other original cast members were the same. Can't say the same for the geniuses behind this show. "This is like an all new show"-great! except for the fans of 8 years who loved the old show! I hope I'm wrong but I really can't see this BB person as the new leader of SG1. They needed more of a character actor not another pretty face, we've got Michael Shanks for that. Maybe after Sam returns, the show will return but I'm not holding my breath!

Why did they swith actors in Bewitched ? I knew he was different but they looked very similar and both as funny ?? Just curious ..thank you :)

Gatetrixer
June 29th, 2005, 04:59 PM

Agree wholeheartedly with you. Why oh why? And, if that IS all RDA does, I'd say look at who wrote the ep for the clue (and I don't know who).

LOL4JACK
June 29th, 2005, 05:28 PM
Hello Shippers...

I'm trying to catch up and I don't know if you have commented about this, but my comment is...

What!!!!!!!! :eek: :eek: is this true!!!!!!!!, please, please...... :o :o :o

Has anybody asked Joe.. he must be keeping it a secret :)

blueiris
June 29th, 2005, 05:38 PM
Why did they swith actors in Bewitched ? I knew he was different but they looked very similar and both as funny ?? Just curious ..thank you :)

Dick York, the original Darren, suffered with back pain from an injury he received filming a movie years earlier. He eventually was unable to continue with the role, even though the crew and cast of Bewitched had helped him through the time he was there. I saw an interview with him a few years ago which was very sad. He seemed to be a genuinely kind person who, without many resources after he was unable to work, worked for the homeless.

I remember I cried after I watched the interview.

jay
June 29th, 2005, 05:45 PM
some of the behind the scene pics you guys post are usually pretty cool so i was wondering where you guys get them from. i just wanted to go through whatever gallery they're in and check them out.

nell
June 29th, 2005, 06:10 PM

Silver aka Kibeth5, Your story was entertaining, passionate,and wonderful for our Sam and Jack!!! ;)

dmovies
June 29th, 2005, 06:15 PM
Hi everyone. I have decided to de-lurk after having read this thread for a long while. It's great to meet so many other Sam/Jack shippers.
The first Darren in Bewitched had injured his back and it got so bad he wasn't able to work anymore.

LadyJeep
June 29th, 2005, 06:20 PM
Hello Shippers...

I'm thinking he's calling Sam to make sure she got back to the mountain alright :p

Oh yeah...and when will she be back home with him! :D :D

Token
June 29th, 2005, 06:24 PM

http://bestsmileys.com/welcome/9.gif
scjon!!

We are always happy to have new members to the Family!! So what is your favorite Sam & Jack moment?

LOL4JACK
June 29th, 2005, 06:28 PM
Silver aka Kibeth5, Your story was entertaining, passionate,and wonderful for our Sam and Jack!!! ;)
(((((((((((Nell)))))))))) Love your sig and miss your countdown... so to keep it coming...

So if you are in the US, eastern standard time:

15 days until Florence birthday :p
16 days until S9 premier :D
17 days until Harry Potter Book 6

OMG, I'll have to take the weekend off!!!!

nell
June 29th, 2005, 06:40 PM
(((((((((((Nell)))))))))) Love your sig and miss your countdown... so to keep it coming...

CONGRATULATIONS, LOL4JACK
ON 300 POSTS!!!

nell
June 29th, 2005, 06:47 PM

I tend to lurk more during the work week. But, thanks for joining me to keep our Shipper family informed!! We don't want anybody with access to a station broadcasting the July 15 Premiere to miss it!!

Everybody, start checking your supplies for the Premiere! VCR operational, fresh 60 minute tape, snacks, and it's funner if you have someone to watch the show with you. OK, where are my Jack Clones? Hee, hee!! :D

LadyJeep
June 29th, 2005, 06:53 PM

Welcome scjon

Uber
June 29th, 2005, 06:57 PM
It's a bit quiet here tonight....is there a really great shipper episode being repeated that I don't know about??!!

Well I guess I'll head off to bed and into my world of shippy dreams. Tonight's will be based on Silvers second fic which had me laughing (alot!) and sighing as only a fab shipperfest can do :p

So on that note I'll leave you all with a few fun pics of a bit of Jack and Sam cuteness

Loving ATs smile and as Jack would say...SWEET!! :Dwhere did you get these pics?

LOL4JACK
June 29th, 2005, 07:04 PM
CONGRATULATIONS, LOL4JACK
ON 300 POSTS!!!

(((((((Nell))))))) Thanks so much, I didn't even realize I was even near the 300, found out with your post.

It seems that it was yesterday that I was a prim'tah :o

Everybody here has been so nice and friendly that it feels very nice and comfortable to post, thanks!

((((((((SHIPPERS)))))))))

sg-1fanintn
June 29th, 2005, 07:04 PM
Hello Shippers...

Well, ForeverSg1, you certainly made my day! RL was so busy I couldn't check in from work, but this news was worth waiting on. Glad to see Joe took my advice on the phone conversations (hee-hee!).

In fact, I'm now feeling so optimistic about S9 that I've restored my first (shippiest) banner for another run!

nell
June 29th, 2005, 07:17 PM
Well, ForeverSg1, you certainly made my day! RL was so busy I couldn't check in from work, but this news was worth waiting on. Glad to see Joe took my advice on the phone conversations (hee-hee!).

In fact, I'm now feeling so optimistic about S9 that I've restored my first (shippiest) banner for another run!

sg-1fanintn I love your sig banner!!! :cool: See how the shipper vibes are spreading?? :) We are resilient! ;) Joe threw us some little bones and we move forward!!! :D

Buc252
June 29th, 2005, 07:18 PM
Now that I've managed to master the art of pic posting (how long did that take me!), thought I'd share some behind the scene pics of RDA and AT having fun. Those two are sooooo sweet together on and off screen, not surprising that the ship boat set sail from the very beginning!! ;)

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a57/pcbillie/jacksam3.jpg
http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a57/pcbillie/jacksam4.jpg

Wonder what he said (or did) to her?????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This reminds me of the S5 episode Menace. In the audio commentary, they say that when Daniel was in the room with Reese and Jack and Sam were in the observation area, that the director had to finally send them to their trailers because they kept cracking each other up and making each other laugh. I wish we could see some pics or clips of THAT! LOL

sg-1fanintn
June 29th, 2005, 07:46 PM
Welcom, scjon!

Welcome back, Magna Defender!

Congratulations, LOL4JACK, on 300 posts!

We've had a lot of milestones in our little Shipper Family this week!

ses110
June 29th, 2005, 07:54 PM
I loved the Show from Season 1-6.IMO SG-1 works best with Jack as the lead character.IMO the Jack character has proven he can carry the Show while working with another guest character.IMO the Sam Daniel and Teal'c centered episodes have failed.I do not like compalining about this Show but Season 9 just does not sound good at all.Many of us have bought the DVD's and watched everyone episode and we should never be afraid to voice our opinions.Remember were the real TPTB.

majorsal
June 29th, 2005, 10:43 PM

how about: janet and jacob?

if it's two girls: janet and grace.

two boys: jacob and jon.

sally :D

majorsal
June 29th, 2005, 10:48 PM
Hello Shippers...

*fans self*

soooooo much potential! :D

gatebee
June 29th, 2005, 11:07 PM
we never have enough!!!

http://img228.echo.cx/img228/7366/bts45ad.jpg

http://img228.echo.cx/img228/5686/bts54gf.jpg

http://img228.echo.cx/img228/5997/bts62xu.jpg
just love that pic .... thank you for sharing.... our couple looks so HOT together ... now if only we can get TPTB to give us that BIG HONKING KISS in real time.

gatebee
June 29th, 2005, 11:10 PM

it is perfect .... ah ah ah ah ah ah ah .... and this was real time at that ah ah ah

majorsal
June 29th, 2005, 11:10 PM
spoilers for season 9

Or to go one better, the joke could be that Sam's not available for the SGC cos she's got a new assignment in Washington ...... :p

I know, I'm a dreamer :p

you know what i'd love the joke to be?....

that landry's calling sam, and jack answers. :p :D

gatebee
June 29th, 2005, 11:15 PM

that is so so beautiful .... ah but to dream ...thank you for sharing

majorsal
June 29th, 2005, 11:20 PM
This reminds me of the S5 episode Menace. In the audio commentary, they say that when Daniel was in the room with Reese and Jack and Sam were in the observation area, that the director had to finally send them to their trailers because they kept cracking each other up and making each other laugh. I wish we could see some pics or clips of THAT! LOL

me too, mary! that's always been one of my fave at/rda stories, because it just sounds *so* much like them! :D

gatebee
June 29th, 2005, 11:21 PM
Hello Shippers...

I almost fainted reading this .... oh dear ... they are actually going to have a talk in real time .... am I dreaming ... pinches self ...okay I am awake.... I am not drunk ..I know it is 2 a.m

HOORAY
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v205/FilBrit1/fa1219e8.jpg

gatebee
June 29th, 2005, 11:24 PM
wow that is so amazing ... AT and RDA cracking each other up. I do not have that dvd ... weeps ...thanks for sharing

gatebee
June 29th, 2005, 11:25 PM
me too, mary! that's always been one of my fave at/rda stories, because it just sounds *so* much like them! :D

If they ever came out with just dvd of blooper, I would so save my money and buy it ... sound really cool

gatebee
June 29th, 2005, 11:27 PM
where did you get these pics?
Ya Billie ... where did you get those pics ... AT laughing looks so great

gatebee
June 29th, 2005, 11:30 PM
spoilers for season 9

you know what i'd love the joke to be?....

that landry's calling sam, and jack answers. :p :D

that would be awesome if that happened Majorsal. Today's tiny bit of news has made my day.

majorsal
June 29th, 2005, 11:31 PM
If they ever came out with just dvd of blooper, I would so save my money and buy it ... sound really cool

oh, man... can you imagine if they came out with an all-ship behind the scenes thinger on a dvd?.... like, all TWELVE takes of the filming of the Grace kiss! :D

gatebee
June 29th, 2005, 11:45 PM
oh, man... can you imagine if they came out with an all-ship behind the scenes thinger on a dvd?.... like, all TWELVE takes of the filming of the Grace kiss! :D

wow 12 kiss Grace retakes ...wow and all those fun and jokes and more kisses retakes ... I would be in shipper heaven

Lida
June 30th, 2005, 12:07 AM
My dream:
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y177/Lidacane/JandS1.jpg

gatebee
June 30th, 2005, 12:14 AM
My dream:
that is oh so cute ....

florence
June 30th, 2005, 12:36 AM

Congratulations on your 300th post LOL4JACK ! (and thanks for the reminder ;) :D )

Welcome in the family scjon ! I hope you'll have as much fun in this thread as I've had since I've joined the SJ ship family ! :D

Billie
June 30th, 2005, 02:40 AM

WELCOME scjon!!!!!
Fab to see you here! I spent a long time lurking around this thread too until I finally thought I should take the plunge and say hi and I'm having a blast so hope you do too! :D :D

Billie
June 30th, 2005, 02:50 AM
how about: janet and jacob?

if it's two girls: janet and grace.

two boys: jacob and jon.

mmm, nice thoughts majorsal...I'm gonna go for a combo of Jacob (Jake) and Grace on the assumption that it being tv land and all they would most likely have a boy and a girl ;)

Billie
June 30th, 2005, 03:09 AM
where did you get these pics?

These pics along with quite a few others in my gallery are from the website Dedicated to Stargate SG1. It's a great site and definitely worth a visit. Has got loads (and I means LOADS!) of pics, screencaps, videos (the s&j ones are fab!), episodes transcripts etc etc....

I especially love the pic of Jack touching Sams arm coz in S6 we shippers had to grab any little ship morsal that came our way! (until Metamorphosis when we had a mini feast! :D )

divcon
June 30th, 2005, 04:54 AM
Hey guys, just been reading the back posts. Reading the spoilers is like riding a roller coaster, up and then down. Here's hoping that tptb listen to the shipper fans and give us some more ship, whether it be in person or on the phone. How about we see Sam sitting in her lab e-mailing Jack and waiting for his reply which will be covered in hearts and kisses. Subtle, maybe not but who cares, it's something they can do without changing any scripts and they don't need RDA there. Although not having RDA there is a great dissappointment.

Silver I read 'Dance with me, Carter', it was great and I loved the curtain scene. I got a real good laugh at that.

I see people are discussing twins names. Am I responsible for that. Anyway I gave it some thought and I decided on "Jacob Charles" and "Janet Cassandra". I know it's very sentimental but there you have it.

Jack's e-mail reply (minus the hearts cause I don't know how)

Sam, I'm missing you more and more every day. I never thought I could feel this way again. You bought the sunshine into my life again.

Please take care of yourself when you're off-world and return safely to me. I'd hate to have to take it out on Daniel and Teal'c if you got hurt.

Love you and see you soon.

jay
June 30th, 2005, 06:56 AM
billie, whats the site thats dedicated to stargate? i don't think you mentioned it or did i just miss it because im dumb like that?

divcon
June 30th, 2005, 06:59 AM
(((((((((((((((((jay))))))))))))))))))

Nice to see someone else is here tonight.

Billie
June 30th, 2005, 07:14 AM
billie, whats the site thats dedicated to stargate? i don't think you mentioned it or did i just miss it because im dumb like that?

Hey ya jay. Some of the guys asked me where I got the pics from that I posted last night and they are from a website called dedicated to stargate sg1. I'll send you the URL via PM as it's definitely worth checking out coz there's loads of fab stuff on there :)

Daniel's_twin
June 30th, 2005, 07:14 AM
My dream:

That's nice. Altho, would Jack really wear the hat?just a joke, just a joke. :cool:

Token
June 30th, 2005, 07:29 AM
Hey ya jay. Some of the guys asked me where I got the pics from that I posted last night and they are from a website called dedicated to stargate sg1. I'll send you the URL via PM as it's definitely worth checking out coz there's loads of fab stuff on there :)

It's OK to post the link here. I'm sure it already has been at sometime in our Shipper history because that is how I got it. :D

For all the new members, here is the link.

http://www.stargatesg1971.com (http://www.stargatesg1971.com/)

sg-1fanintn
June 30th, 2005, 07:34 AM
Can't stay! Just popping in to wish all my fellow shippers a wonderful day, and to send you some fragrant good wishes! :p

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y128/newsgoddess/tf111_flower_lg.jpg

Til later! :o

divcon
June 30th, 2005, 07:41 AM
I really need to get the hang of this time difference thing. You guys just get here and I have to go. Going out with my girls tomorrow so I need some sleep, so goodnight to you all. Have a shippy day, I'm off to dream some shippy dreams.

jack_n_sam147
June 30th, 2005, 08:26 AM
Who was the one who wrote that fic that I said I liked an d wondered if there was more? Was it yours, divcon? If it wasn't PM me with the link :D

sueKay
June 30th, 2005, 08:49 AM
Hello!

How are we all? Haven't had time to catch up... got one minute left on the library internet...have a great weekend! Suz xxxx

Oma-1
June 30th, 2005, 08:52 AM
Billie - Please can you post the link so the rest of us can have a looksee too :D

Edit: Sorry - bit slow to catch up today :p Thanks Token. :D

ForeverSg1
June 30th, 2005, 12:12 PM
Hello Shippers...

I felt a bit shippy today so I made this wall, hope you enjoy it.

Chiseled (http://img83.imageshack.us/img83/1650/chiseled28tj.jpg)

Kat

Edit: A very nice shipper informed me there was a typo in my original wall, so I fixed it.

Daniel's_twin
June 30th, 2005, 12:20 PM
Hello Shippers...

Chiseled (http://img65.imageshack.us/img65/2767/chiseled6we.jpg)
Kat

That's good! I'm giving you some rep for that! :cool:

Sam_o_Neill
June 30th, 2005, 12:31 PM
Hello Shippers...

Chiseled (http://img65.imageshack.us/img65/2767/chiseled6we.jpg)
Kat

That is beautiful!! :D

blueiris
June 30th, 2005, 12:43 PM

This could create a shipper window-of-opportunity-ish situation. Shippers sitting around watching shippy out-takes and behind-the-scenes dvd over and over and over.

Token
June 30th, 2005, 01:15 PM
Hello Shippers...

Chiseled (http://img24.imageshack.us/img24/1551/chiseled20we.jpg)

Kat

Fantastic!! You are such an artist!! http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/36/36_13_6.gif (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZSzfw003) Love the moustache! (hee hee) :p

BTW... I've been meaning to discuss a little D&C, and your wonderful picture is the perfect opportunity! :D Others may already know this, but I came across this tidbit as I was capping the scene.

As Jack is saying the line "I care about her alot more than I'm supposed too", his eyes are looking at Sam. I don't know if it was scripted that way, but it makes it TREMENDOUSLY shippy. Jack makes his confession directly to Sam!! Then his eyes shift back to Anise. :D

Sam_o_Neill
June 30th, 2005, 01:26 PM
As Jack is saying the line "I care about her alot more than I'm supposed too", his eyes are looking at Sam. I don't know if it was scripted that way, but it makes it TREMENDOUSLY shippy. Jack makes his confession directly to Sam!! Then his eyes shift back to Anise. :D

That is what makes the Sam/Jack ship the best ever!! When they look at each other you just see chemistry..I think most of it is AT/RDA they have such a great chemistry ona nd off screen and that look in DC just made the whole scene IMO!! :D:D:D

girlgater
June 30th, 2005, 01:32 PM
Hello Shippers...

Kat

Love it!

RamonaThePest
June 30th, 2005, 02:53 PM
How large a fan base can the anti-shippers possibly be compared to us? I mean, you have to be a pretty miserable soul to want to block two people from being depicted as being in love. Even those of us who have failed at love and are at the inbetween bitter pill stage can still enjoy seeing two people who have done the honorable thing finallly get a little happieness. Anyone can see that anti-shippers are truly SICK SICK SICK individuals who deny what's right in front of their eyes. And they call us shippers deluded!

Sum1
June 30th, 2005, 02:59 PM
I was watching Shades of Grey, and saw the exchange between Carter and O'Neill when O'Neill was being escorted to see General Hammond. He said he hadn't acted like himself since he'd met Carter. What do you guys think he meant by that?

katethegater
June 30th, 2005, 03:17 PM
Hi Sum1 - i've often wondered that myself........

He is obviously trying to distance himself from the team because of what his 'covert' mission is...but his comment to Sam is so personal and you can tell she is really hurt by what Jack says to her.

The 'shipper' in me wants to believe he is angry at himself for having feelings for his 2IC and therefore since he met her he hasn't 'acted like himself'.......

what are your thoughts?

Billie
June 30th, 2005, 03:17 PM
Just popped in to bid you all goodnight and to leave you with two pics that prove beyond any doubt (not that we ever had any!) just how deeply Jack and Sam feel and care about eachother (neither of them needs to say anything coz the look says it all).

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a57/pcbillie/entity2.jpg
Jack after shooting sam twice with zat in Entity

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a57/pcbillie/heroes32.jpg
Sam after jack was shot in Heroes

Hats off to both RDA and AT for their amazing acting and just like sam_o_neill put it - Jack/Sam ship is THE best ever!! :D :D

sg-1fanintn
June 30th, 2005, 04:02 PM
I was watching Shades of Grey, and saw the exchange between Carter and O'Neill when O'Neill was being escorted to see General Hammond. He said he hadn't acted like himself since he'd met Carter. What do you guys think he meant by that?

Hi Sum1 - i've often wondered that myself........

He is obviously trying to distance himself from the team because of what his 'covert' mission is...but his comment to Sam is so personal and you can tell she is really hurt by what Jack says to her.

The 'shipper' in me wants to believe he is angry at himself for having feelings for his 2IC and therefore since he met her he hasn't 'acted like himself'.......

what are your thoughts?

I seem to remember a discussion about this a few weeks ago. We finally decided it was mostly because of his covert mission, but there's still some shippiness in that. After all, he needed to make sure he alienated himself from her, because he feared that if he didn't throw her off balance, she would see through the facade. After all, who knows Jack better than Sam? Even in S3, they were developing very keen intuition about the other's thoughts and feelings.

Anyone else care to weigh in?

scjon
June 30th, 2005, 04:07 PM
http://bestsmileys.com/welcome/9.gif
scjon!!

We are always happy to have new members to the Family!! So what is your favorite Sam & Jack moment?

Thanks everyone for the lovely welcome. My favourite Sam/Jack moment? That's actually quite difficult, 'cos there are so many.... Current favourite is from season 8's Threads spoilers (highlight to read) when Jack tells Sam he will be there for her always. I love the way he has his arm round her and she is stroking his hand.

Atteria
June 30th, 2005, 04:10 PM
Hello Shippers...

Kat

Thanks again Kat, that's twice today. First that great Sam wallpaper, now this. As always, it's great. :)

As for Shades of Grey....have to agree. It may not have been written to be shippy, but it most definitely was. Sam was devastated by Jack's sudden out of character behavior, and I think it was almost a way for Jack to let his deepest feelings out, within regs. She took his actions personally, and as he was unable to tell her the truth, he felt her anguish and in frustration made that statement. Statements that are based in truth are often said in times of great stress.

Just my opinion, but that's how I saw it.

Ship, ship, hurray! (Guess the shippiness is catching....) :p

And.....Welcome to scjon!

scjon
June 30th, 2005, 04:45 PM
Thanks again Kat, that's twice today. First that great Sam wallpaper, now this. As always, it's great. :)

As for Shades of Grey....have to agree. It may not have been written to be shippy, but it most definitely was. Sam was devastated by Jack's sudden out of character behavior, and I think it was almost a way for Jack to let his deepest feelings out, within regs. She took his actions personally, and as he was unable to tell her the truth, he felt her anguish and in frustration made that statement. Statements that are based in truth are often said in times of great stress.

Just my opinion, but that's how I saw it.

Ship, ship, hurray! (Guess the shippiness is catching....) :p

And.....Welcome to scjon!

Thank you! :D

And that's pretty much how I see Shades of Grey too. Especially as it comes immediately after One Hundred Days.

getcarter
June 30th, 2005, 05:17 PM

I know what you mean! The first time I saw that scene I was not even a fan of the show but it made me sit down and watch it and then keep coming back for more. It's a very powerful scene and made turned me into a shipper - not that it would have taken much. ;)

sg-1fanintn
June 30th, 2005, 05:18 PM
How large a fan base can the anti-shippers possibly be compared to us? I mean, you have to be a pretty miserable soul to want to block two people from being depicted as being in love. Even those of us who have failed at love and are at the inbetween bitter pill stage can still enjoy seeing two people who have done the honorable thing finallly get a little happieness. Anyone can see that anti-shippers are truly SICK SICK SICK individuals who deny what's right in front of their eyes. And they call us shippers deluded!

I'm not sure how big the anti-shipper contingent is, but they're very vocal, and I think most fall into Sci-Fi's "key" demographic.....men 18-24. Some say they don't "see" the chemistry! My question is, how can they miss it? And I agree that you have to be pretty miserable to not want two people who love each other to be happy.

Other people just don't think "ship" belongs in sci-fi. Someone else on this thread replied best to that argument a few weeks ago (wish I could remember who), when they remembered a Gene Roddenberry quote, "Relationships are the final frontier."

In my three short months in GW (active, rather than passive fandom, I call it), I have learned there are a lot of strange opinions out there. But I have come to depend on others who have been around longer, like majorsal, Oma-1, ChopinGal, ForeverSg-1 and UberSG-1fan, who have convinced me that our ship WILL eventually come in.

We're not deluded. That other contingent is. We're right, and in the end, we will win! But it may be the very end before we get our victory.

Hang in there and hang with us. This thread and the Sam is a Great Character thread are good places to be.

nell
June 30th, 2005, 06:54 PM
If today is JUNE 30 where you live and you have access to a station that broadcasts SG-1, there are
15 DAYS UNTIL THE JULY 15 PREMIERE!!! :D

To the shippers in other parts of our world, please forgive me if I omit your countdown days. I haven't quite figured out the times and the access to SG-1 dates for you all. :)

Cassie
June 30th, 2005, 07:30 PM

Welcome Scjon!!!!

Hello Shippers...

Kat

love, love it Thanks Kat!!!!!!

Buc252
June 30th, 2005, 07:41 PM

These pics along with quite a few others in my gallery are from the website Dedicated to Stargate SG1. It's a great site and definitely worth a visit. Has got loads (and I means LOADS!) of pics, screencaps, videos (the s&j ones are fab!), episodes transcripts etc etc....

I especially love the pic of Jack touching Sams arm coz in S6 we shippers had to grab any little ship morsal that came our way! (until Metamorphosis when we had a mini feast! :D )

That's funny - I always thought that S6 was pack jammed full of ship! From them flying together in the X302, to being underwater and nearly drowned in Decent. Then there's the "please" in Frozen, and her search for him in Abyss . . . And it just got better and better.

Buc252
June 30th, 2005, 07:52 PM
<snip>.

Other people just don't think "ship" belongs in sci-fi. Someone else on this thread replied best to that argument a few weeks ago (wish I could remember who), when they remembered a Gene Roddenberry quote, "Relationships are the final frontier."

<snip>

The quote was mine, and what I specifically said was, "Space is not the final frontier; the final frontier is in human relationships." And I firmly believe that. How can you possibly make any show that lasts any significant amount of time without showing how people relate to each other? A movie, okay - that's two hours in our lives and maybe a few days in the characters'. But SG1 has spanned eight years. Who in eight years wouldn't want *some* romance in their life with the man or woman they loved?

I do think, though, that a big chunk of the anti-shippers aren't the male 18-36 demographic, as mentioned previously. Personally, I think it's just a small portion, which also includes the Danielites (who don't want to see time dedicated to anything non-Daniel), and the slashers (who think that it's horrible to show Jack with anybody but Daniel.) Between the three groups, I guess they *could* have a considerable contingent, but i don't know if anybody's ever done a survey. All I do know is that they definitely scream the loudest.

And we, sadly, by being polite and quiet, have lost. Again.

Token
June 30th, 2005, 07:53 PM
If today is JUNE 30 where you live and you have access to a station that broadcasts SG-1, there are

To the shippers in other parts of our world, please forgive me if I omit your countdown days. I haven't quite figured out the times and the access to SG-1 dates for you all. :)
http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/4/4_1_213.gif (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZSzfw003) Nell, your killing me!!! :p LOL!!!! I like your style!!! "If today is JUNE 30 where you live and you have access to a station that broadcasts SG-1, there are
15 DAYS UNTIL THE JULY 15 PREMIERE!!! " http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/36/36_11_6.gif (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZSzfw003)

gatebee
June 30th, 2005, 07:54 PM
Hello Shippers...

Kat

Edit: A very nice shipper informed me there was a typo in my original wall, so I fixed it.
oh that is such a lovely wallpaper ..... they do care alot for each other all these years

LadyJeep
June 30th, 2005, 08:06 PM
Hello Shippers...

Kat

This is really lovely! :p

majorsal
June 30th, 2005, 08:46 PM
My dream:

oh, lida, those are cute! :D

(i want them for christmas ornaments :p)

majorsal
June 30th, 2005, 09:13 PM
spoilers for s8's threads

Thanks everyone for the lovely welcome. My favourite Sam/Jack moment? That's actually quite difficult, 'cos there are so many.... Current favourite is from season 8's Threads spoilers - when Jack tells Sam he will be there for her always. I love the way he has his arm round her and she is stroking his hand

sam wasn't just stroking his hand, she was making love to it!! :D

k, had to get that off my heart. :p

majorsal
June 30th, 2005, 09:25 PM

nell, since you're so good at this counting down thing... would you mind finding out how long it'll be until beach head aires? this is sam's/amanda's return (which is when *i* return to watching stargate too). if you find out, would you mind posting the results on the sam's a great character thread?

Billie
June 30th, 2005, 10:07 PM
That's funny - I always thought that S6 was pack jammed full of ship! From them flying together in the X302, to being underwater and nearly drowned in Decent. Then there's the "please" in Frozen, and her search for him in Abyss . . . And it just got better and better.

Well, I guess I'm just gonna have to plan in a S6 shipperthon then (all in the name of research obviously!) my flatmate is so gonna love me! :)

Also must rewatch shades of grey having heard some of your thoughts as I can't say I saw it in a shippy light. I remember feeling miffed on Sams part as his comment really stung and also coz he never really apologised (or did I miss that?)

Lida
June 30th, 2005, 10:09 PM

Whoa Sally, you are hiding that sizzling hot side of your personality. Mild mannered, proper lady by day and vamp by night. I like it! :D

Have to agree though, she sure was stroking his handing in a very loving manner. Nuff said. :rolleyes:

As for your heart, it's the size of the British Isles....maybe larger. :)

Lida
June 30th, 2005, 10:13 PM
oh, lida, those are cute! :D

(i want them for christmas ornaments :p)

Do you really? I made some similar ones this past Christmas. I'm certain I can get the materials I need by the end of the summer. I'll definitely make a pair for you. I'll make a pair for me too. If anyone else wants them, please, just say the word. My treat, to all shippers! We have to stick together....to fight the evil anti-shippers. Grrrrrrrrrrrrr. :p

blueiris
June 30th, 2005, 10:14 PM
Whoa Sally, you are hiding that sizzling hot side of your personality. Mild mannered, proper lady by day and vamp by night. I like it! :D

Have to agree though, she sure was stroking his handing in a very loving manner. Nuff said. :rolleyes:

I kind of got the feeling that the actors were perhaps trying to instill in that moment what TPTB would not express in words. I like to think that, at least.

briguy213
June 30th, 2005, 10:25 PM
what does ship mean?

Lida
June 30th, 2005, 10:28 PM
what does ship mean?

It is short for relationship. It refers, usually to a romantic relationship, ie, ship, between 2 characters. Hope that helps. :) But ships can be friendships too.

gatebee
June 30th, 2005, 10:40 PM
Do you really? I made some similar ones this past Christmas. I'm certain I can get the materials I need by the end of the summer. I'll definitely make a pair for you. I'll make a pair of me too. If anyone else wants them, please, just say the word. My treat, to all shippers! We have to stick together....to fight the evil anti-shippers. Grrrrrrrrrrrrr. :p
Oh Lida , yo are so sweet. I would love one too but my family would most probably kill me if I put them on the christmas tree.

gatebee
June 30th, 2005, 10:42 PM

Majorsal , love your description on "hand strokes" .

Oma-1
June 30th, 2005, 10:55 PM
I always found S6 a major relief cos of all the ship! I had thought S5 was the let down season ship-wise. S4 was such a ship fest that in comparison, there was nothing there! Then I watched it again using those lovely shipper glasses and managed to find something in almost every ep! It's there if you look for it :D Still haven't found any in The First Ones though.

majorsal
June 30th, 2005, 11:04 PM

lida, hon... if you found out the fics i've written, you'd be calling me something much racier. :p

oh, lida...

(((lida)))

so is yours, my friend. :)

i'm *so* glad you're back! :D

Oma-1
June 30th, 2005, 11:11 PM
The quote was mine, and what I specifically said was, "Space is not the final frontier; the final frontier is in human relationships." And I firmly believe that. How can you possibly make any show that lasts any significant amount of time without showing how people relate to each other? A movie, okay - that's two hours in our lives and maybe a few days in the characters'. But SG1 has spanned eight years. Who in eight years wouldn't want *some* romance in their life with the man or woman they loved?

I do think, though, that a big chunk of the anti-shippers aren't the male 18-36 demographic, as mentioned previously. Personally, I think it's just a small portion, which also includes the Danielites (who don't want to see time dedicated to anything non-Daniel), and the slashers (who think that it's horrible to show Jack with anybody but Daniel.) Between the three groups, I guess they *could* have a considerable contingent, but i don't know if anybody's ever done a survey. All I do know is that they definitely scream the loudest.

And we, sadly, by being polite and quiet, have lost. Again.
That's a fantastic quote Mary and, personally, I couldn't agree more. I think the relationships between all the cast and characters add depth to what would be a sterile sci-fi world otherwise. To keep watching a show for 8+ years to have to feel for the characters and their relationships or what's the point?

The Sam & Jack relationship is such a big part of the storyline - every bit as much as the Jack / Daniel friendship and Jack / Teal'c friendship. I understand people wanting to ignore it out of personal preference, but I really don't understand people insisting it isn't there. How can you miss it!~%?#$?!

I do think that our politeness hasn't had a detrimental effect though. Despite all the noise from other factions of fandom and ambivalent ptb (except the lovely JM ;)), the ship still sails. I think that's a testament to how important tptb see the S&J storyline.

It's hard to find any sort of genre series or movie whether they be sci-fi, horror, thriller, action/adventure without some form of ship.

So in the end, I don't worry about the naysayers - the show speaks for itself.

*gets of soap box and goes looking for the strepsils* :D

Oma-1
June 30th, 2005, 11:17 PM
http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/4/4_1_213.gif (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZSzfw003) Nell, your killing me!!! :p LOL!!!! I like your style!!! "If today is JUNE 30 where you live and you have access to a station that broadcasts SG-1, there are
15 DAYS UNTIL THE JULY 15 PREMIERE!!! " http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/36/36_11_6.gif (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZSzfw003)
Ack! *raises hand Jack style* Will you guys stop depressing me! :(

*grumbles about the unfairness of having to wait till OCTOBER to watch S9*

Seriously though, I love the countdown Nell, keep it up! It reminds me how fast time flies in shippy fandom. :p :D I'll be glued to the thread relying on my lovely family to feed my withdrawal until I get to see it too.

((((((((((Shipper family)))))))))))

Oma-1
June 30th, 2005, 11:22 PM
Well, I guess I'm just gonna have to plan in a S6 shipperthon then (all in the name of research obviously!) my flatmate is so gonna love me! :)

Also must rewatch shades of grey having heard some of your thoughts as I can't say I saw it in a shippy light. I remember feeling miffed on Sams part as his comment really stung and also coz he never really apologised (or did I miss that?)
I get a bit frustrated at the end of Shades of Grey cos I'm sure there's a look that passes between Sam and Jack after Jack's "I'm back".

Daniel and Sam figure out what happened and do the whole "just to clarify" bit, then you see Sam looking at Jack (while Daniel's talking) and you see her face relax a little. I think there's a moment of understanding there, but we don't see how Jack looks at Sam! I have to supply that bit myself - and its a doozy :p

Oma-1
June 30th, 2005, 11:25 PM
Do you really? I made some similar ones this past Christmas. I'm certain I can get the materials I need by the end of the summer. I'll definitely make a pair for you. I'll make a pair of me too. If anyone else wants them, please, just say the word. My treat, to all shippers! We have to stick together....to fight the evil anti-shippers. Grrrrrrrrrrrrr. :p
Lida - you're such a gem! You don't play here often enough :D

Oma-1
June 30th, 2005, 11:35 PM
I don't want to sound like I'm preaching here (actually its more the voice of experience having had my wrists slapped by a moderator before for this very thing when I was a newbie), but we aren't supposed to diss other fans in the thread. We can express disbelief at their sentiments, but anti-bashing and calling them names usually brings a visit from the moderators.

I certainly don't say this to make anyone feel unwelcome or their opinions unimportant, so I apologise if I upset anyone - its not intentional. Just trying to avoid an "offical" visit from a moderator.

Oma-1
June 30th, 2005, 11:43 PM
I kind of got the feeling that the actors were perhaps trying to instill in that moment what TPTB would not express in words. I like to think that, at least.

Yeah - kind of like the way they cut the dialogue out of the D&C forceshield scene made it more powerful. Gives our shippy imaginations far more reign than if they had actually said something.

Oma-1
June 30th, 2005, 11:44 PM

More hand porn :D

*Where's those pics gone ........*

Oma-1
June 30th, 2005, 11:48 PM
Found em! Check out those hands :D

spoiler space - S8 pics
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v685/Oma-1/8x1820-200223.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v685/Oma-1/Moebius1x0558.jpg

gatebee
June 30th, 2005, 11:54 PM
Found em! Check out those hands :D

spoiler space - S8 pics
>

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v685/Oma-1/8x1820-200223.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v685/Oma-1/m1hand.bmp

ooohhhh yaaa... our wonderful pair "always"

Oma-1
July 1st, 2005, 12:09 AM
One big question I have about our couple is does Daniel actually know??? I can't see Teal'c or Janet telling Daniel about the "I care about her a lot more than I'm supposed to" out of respect for the "leave it in the room" comment, but equally, Daniel can't have missed all the looks and touches over the years. He's not like Rothman who doesn't do people but could tell you what a million year old goa'uld had for breakfast fcol! Jack's his best friend and you know what Daniel's like for making Jack talk about things. I think if Daniel had been around for Threads he would have something to Jack about opening up and not letting Sam go.

I just find it strange that Hammond, Teal'c and Janet know, but tptb have given us no indication either way of whether Daniel knows - never mind his opinion on the matter.

*frustrated grrrrrrrrrr*

An Ancient
July 1st, 2005, 02:06 AM
I do think that our politeness hasn't had a detrimental effect though. Despite all the noise from other factions of fandom and ambivalent ptb (except the lovely JM ;)), the ship still sails. I think that's a testament to how important tptb see the S&J storyline.

It's hard to find any sort of genre series or movie whether they be sci-fi, horror, thriller, action/adventure without some form of ship.

So in the end, I don't worry about the naysayers - the show speaks for itself.

*gets of soap box and goes looking for the strepsils* :D
Thats because those who speak the loudest have the least to say, and the quiet ones are the dangerous ones.

TPTB know this, and we know this. Besides, who would the TPTB rather have on their side? Us, who support them and only ask for a little bit extra, while aprreciating the whole show and the characters, or the noisy people who scream and rant and want massive unworkable changes?

Catysg1
July 1st, 2005, 03:14 AM
I'm trying to catch up and I don't know if you have commented about this, but my comment is...

What!!!!!!!! :eek: :eek: is this true!!!!!!!!, please, please...... :o :o :o

Has anybody asked Joe.. he must be keeping it a secret :)

It would be lovely if it was true ((((LOL4JACK)))..... but after the teasing in season 8 and the fact they kept Sam and Jack apart for the sake of it avoiding the ship as much as possible ...then I doubt that phone call will be Sam and Jack talking to each other ....I bet the phone call will just be Jack with another work collegue but not Sam ..and probably a man . This is how Stargate TPTB works nowadays and I got used to it ..I hate it because I am now a not so much fan of the show but it is only TPTB's fault and I'm sure that I'm not the only one on the whole planet who thinks that way.

Sam and Jack will be forever together ...we just won't see it on screen I'm prepared for that ..and I'm telling TPTB that I stopped my DVD collection at season 6 ..no more for me ..... too much teasing and tangling the carrot after that for my enjoyment .

Silver
July 1st, 2005, 05:44 AM
One big question I have about our couple is does Daniel actually know???

I just find it strange that Hammond, Teal'c and Janet know, but tptb have given us no indication either way of whether Daniel knows - never mind his opinion on the matter.

Yeah, it would be great to hear Daniel's opinion on Sam and Jack -- it would be even better to hear him encouraging Jack to do something about it. But I think he must know to some degree, because there's no way he could witness Sam's anxiety in "Lost City" and not get an idea of how deeply she cares for him. *sighs at Sam touching the glass/ice* There's also the part when Sam and Jack are sat together on the sofa and he very nonchalantly says "Oh, I'm sorry, are we interrupting anything?". If he thought their feelings towards each other were entirely platonic, or it had been Sam and Teal'c sat together, I doubt they would have been his choice of words.

And there's also "Grace" in which Jack and Daniel are in the elevator. You can see that Daniel's approaches the subject of Sam missing in a very tentative manner, and when Jack becomes irritable he frowns at his "lack of hope" as it were. There are probably other moments which I can't quite pinpoint; but Daniel also witnessed an engaged Sam and Jack in another reality. If he saw them happily together there, he must believe it more than possible in our reality.

And who knows, maybe someone told him after D&C? Because he must have been pretty curious as to why his two best friends were claimed to be Zatarcs and then suddenly they were normal again. But TPTB didn't show us the clear up, so maybe, maybe not... :)

And season 6 -- one of the best, in my opinion! Love it!

nell
July 1st, 2005, 06:14 AM
Yeah, it would be great to hear Daniel's opinion on Sam and Jack -- it would be even better to hear him encouraging Jack to do something about it.

And season 6 -- one of the best, in my opinion! Love it!

Silver, Really good points! Yes, Daniel has some level of awareness! Can't chat now I'm rushing out for work.

P.S. All shippers have a good day, afternoon, or evening wherever you are!!
Hee, hee!! :D

sueKay
July 1st, 2005, 06:16 AM
Hey hey shippers!

How are we all???

Here's how I cope with all these various rumours etc...

ignore them until they're confirmed or dismissed!

Anywho...with regards to the antis vs shippers debate...

sci fi is not about big space ships and blowing up stuff (though that may be fun :P)...

...It's about studying ourselves, through watching how people react, change and adapt. And one of the most intriguing facets of sci fi is watching the changes in how characters interact with one another. That's why ship is such a draw. It's also reassuring, telling us that no matter what, love will survive.

Catysg1
July 1st, 2005, 06:46 AM
True Suekay :) Even sci-fi shows are all about human relationship ...and obviously they explore it through a good sci fi mythology ;) and I like that ..Shame it had to go down that route with SG1 ..Will we ever see Sam and Jack close physically to each other and real this time on screen ??!!!!!because what we saw in Threads was a start of something but it would be nice to see them giving each other a proper cuddle even in front of the others ..it does not matter as long as we See Sam holding Jack or vice versa ...

....this is what I expect from any good sci fi show with a great ship ...example JAG did it , X-files too ..so I hope SG1 will do the same but without RDA it's not possible so we'll see ....

.....I hope that TPTB don't want to be different from the other shows because at the end of the day if they wanted that , they should have stopped the S/J ship at the end of season 6 but they went back to it in season 7 , 8 specially after Threads which told us that Jack was considering becoming civilian with his "Always" to be with Sam .

It would be a really big let down if we don't see the end of Sam and Jack on screen ...and a ride into the sunset to make a family just because they love each other , they deserve a break , some happiness and a bit of a life before they carry on that big adventure for a second big movie without Vala and Cameron in sight

The fishing scene in Threads was lacking closeness to be the proper ending to the Sam and Jack ship ..this is not good enough to finish their ship on screen ..they have to be a litle bit closer than that ..I'm not even asking for a kiss but something a la JAG would be fab

sueKay
July 1st, 2005, 07:20 AM
I whole heartedly agree...I did enjoy threads...but that scene was just lacking something

I enjoyed Moebius for the fluff value!

Heads up

Stargate Intel Forums have a new address and layout!

http://stargateintel.bravehost.com/forum.html
check it out!

blueiris
July 1st, 2005, 07:55 AM
True Suekay :) Even sci-fi shows are all about human relationship ...and obviously they explore it through a good sci fi mythology ;) and I like that ..Shame it had to go down that route with SG1 ..Will we ever see Sam and Jack close physically to each other and real this time on screen ??!!!!!because what we saw in Threads was a start of something but it would be nice to see them giving each other a proper cuddle even in front of the others ..it does not matter as long as we See Sam holding Jack or vice versa ...

....this is what I expect from any good sci fi show with a great ship ...example JAG did it , X-files too ..so I hope SG1 will do the same but without RDA it's not possible so we'll see ....

.....I hope that TPTB don't want to be different from the other shows because at the end of the day if they wanted that , they should have stopped the S/J ship at the end of season 6 but they went back to it in season 7 , 8 specially after Threads which told us that Jack was considering becoming civilian with his "Always" to be with Sam .

It would be a really big let down if we don't see the end of Sam and Jack on screen ...and a ride into the sunset to make a family just because they love each other , they deserve a break , some happiness and a bit of a life before they carry on that big adventure for a second big movie without Vala and Cameron in sight

The fishing scene in Threads was lacking closeness to be the proper ending to the Sam and Jack ship ..this is not good enough to finish their ship on screen ..they have to be a litle bit closer than that ..I'm not even asking for a kiss but something a la JAG would be fab

Agreed, Caty.

I like to see sci-fi as the backdrop to a story. The very basic story should be able to stand on its on. The Star Wars story is basically a war/romance story told in the future (or past, or just plain different time). Ship adds a human emotion which makes sci-fi more plausable, IMO. As far as I'm concerned, any Sam/Jack ship that was in SG-1 up until season 7, was never intrusive and always an element of the story being told. Just as Daniel's and Sam's (excluding Jack here), and Teal'c's ships were. And they all had ships. Because one ship involved 2 members of the team together and it has been the one constant ship, it deserves the respect of being happily resolved to the fans who have waited (somewhat) patiently for it for 8 years.

And with that, I'm off to prepare for a long holiday weekend. For those of you celebrating, have a terrific holiday. For the rest of you, have a terrific weekend.

Token
July 1st, 2005, 08:48 AM

Seriously though, I love the countdown Nell, keep it up! It reminds me how fast time flies in shippy fandom. :p :D I'll be glued to the thread relying on my lovely family to feed my withdrawal until I get to see it too.

What are you sooo depressed about? We may get to start sooner, but Sam is going to be gone for the first five episodes, AND the first five episode will be Daniel centered, AND the last half of the season is usually the best, AND you guys don't have a THREE MONTH break. ACK!! I'm having nightmares! Now I'm depressed! :( :p

gatebee
July 1st, 2005, 09:19 AM
HAPPY 4TH OF JULY TO ALL SHIPPER

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v205/FilBrit1/c81dc45d.jpg
pic fr myrth

to all those who do not celebrate the 4th ... have a SHIPPY weekend

http://bestsmileys.com/fireworks/2.gif http://bestsmileys.com/fireworks/2.gif http://bestsmileys.com/fireworks/2.gif

scjon
July 1st, 2005, 10:10 AM
One big question I have about our couple is does Daniel actually know??? I can't see Teal'c or Janet telling Daniel about the "I care about her a lot more than I'm supposed to" out of respect for the "leave it in the room" comment, but equally, Daniel can't have missed all the looks and touches over the years. He's not like Rothman who doesn't do people but could tell you what a million year old goa'uld had for breakfast fcol! Jack's his best friend and you know what Daniel's like for making Jack talk about things. I think if Daniel had been around for Threads he would have something to Jack about opening up and not letting Sam go.

*frustrated grrrrrrrrrr*

I wondered about that too. It always seems to be Teal'c who's there when the Sam & Jack ship is alluded to (D &C, Paradise Lost, Grace), but I can't imagine Daniel not knowing something's there. I don't think he could have missed the chemistry.

pittsburghgirl
July 1st, 2005, 10:21 AM
I wondered about that too. It always seems to be Teal'c who's there when the Sam & Jack ship is alluded to (D &C, Paradise Lost, Grace), but I can't imagine Daniel not knowing something's there. I don't think he could have missed the chemistry.
i somehow doubt that Daniel is "dense"-his character is supposed to be the one that is sensitive to the needs and desires of other cultures-so it wouldn't make any sense for Daniel to not "know"

Sam_o_Neill
July 1st, 2005, 12:13 PM
Just popped in to bid you all goodnight and to leave you with two pics that prove beyond any doubt (not that we ever had any!) just how deeply Jack and Sam feel and care about eachother (neither of them needs to say anything coz the look says it all).

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a57/pcbillie/entity2.jpg
Jack after shooting sam twice with zat in Entity
http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a57/pcbillie/heroes32.jpg

Sam after jack was shot in Heroes

Hats off to both RDA and AT for their amazing acting and just like sam_o_neill put it - Jack/Sam ship is THE best ever!! :D :D

Those pics are great Billie! It is obvious that they love each other!! RDA and AT are two of the best actors I know! Especially when it comes to showing emotions :D:D

Sam_o_Neill
July 1st, 2005, 12:32 PM

Caty I agree 100%!! After what we had at the end of Season8 we should get to see Sam and Jack together..like you say cuddling or something. I haven't give up hope of Jack popping in later in the season because you never know....I'm just going to watch and see. But i really don't believe TPTB could end the whole series without lettign us see Sam and Jack together! I'm still confident that by the time it all ends TPTB will have made shippers as happy as they can be!! We've got to stay positive!!! :D:D:D

I remember beeing really depressed about Season 8 thinking we weren't going to get any ship but the end for me was great! I know it wasn't as 'in your face' as many of us wanted but it was still there, TPTB hadn't just blown it off. They dealt with it the best way they could to please the whole fan base and that gave me more confidence in them :)

I'm giving Season 9 a chance this time because I was really worried about both S.7 and S.8 but they turned out to be great so even though there have been a load of changes for Season 9 i'm not giving up..it is Staragte after all so i'm going to stick with it. If I really don't like it I can always pretend that Staragte ended with Season 8 and I will be happy :)

So...my advice: We all have to stay positive!!! We never know what we are going to get until we get it!!!

http://forum.gateworld.net/images/gw_icons/heart.gifhttp://forum.gateworld.net/images/gw_icons/stargate.gifhttp://forum.gateworld.net/images/gw_icons/heart.gifhttp://forum.gateworld.net/images/gw_icons/jack.gifhttp://forum.gateworld.net/images/gw_icons/heart.gifhttp://forum.gateworld.net/images/gw_icons/sam.gifhttp://forum.gateworld.net/images/gw_icons/heart.gifhttp://forum.gateworld.net/images/gw_icons/stargate.gifhttp://forum.gateworld.net/images/gw_icons/heart.gif

Billie
July 1st, 2005, 12:57 PM

*frustrated grrrrrrrrrr*

I was wondering much the same thing the other day and then i happened to watch Entity. The look that Daniel gives Jack when he and Teal'c come into the infirmary after Janet has suggested to Jack that they 'let her go' is a look of such empathy that I had to read it that Daniel does know. Also as you say Oma-1, Daniel is Jack best friend and a smart guy and so in my opinion it would be very uncharacterisic of him not to have picked up on the infamous electricity! (a big shipper YEA to that electricity!!! :D )

MajorSam
July 1st, 2005, 01:02 PM
Hello Shipper Family!!!! Just popping in to say...

HAPPY CANADA DAAAY!!!!

Lol, i'm probably talking to myself here, but if there are any other Canadians...!!!!!

It was so cool, because of the army im affiliated with, I ended up going with an Air Force and a Navy representative holding the Canada Parade Banner in front of the ENTIRE big Canada Day Parade my city had. Thousands and thousands of people lining the streets, cheering us on, waving millions of mini Canada Flags... :p It was great fun.

Sam_o_Neill
July 1st, 2005, 01:08 PM
I was wondering much the same thing the other day and then i happened to watch Entity. The look that Daniel gives Jack when he and Teal'c come into the infirmary after Janet has suggested to Jack that they 'let her go' is a look of such empathy that I had to read it that Daniel does know. Also as you say Oma-1, Daniel is Jack best friend and a smart guy and so in my opinion it would be very uncharacterisic of him not to have picked up on the infamous electricity! (a big shipper YEA to that electricity!!! :D )

I agree, I do think daniel knows about how Sam and Jack feel about each other. He must have seen how they are together. I did have a scene to use as an example but my mind just went completely blank! http://forum.gateworld.net/images/gw_icons/icon11.gif lol
I'll come back later when I get it back!! But Daniel does know about Sam and Jack! There is no doubt about it! :D

Silver
July 1st, 2005, 01:33 PM
Those pics are great Billie! It is obvious that they love each other!! RDA and AT are two of the best actors I know! Especially when it comes to showing emotions :D:D

Ooh, I agree wholeheartedly. It's mainly down to their talents that the ship is so wonderful! Amanda does such an amazing job at conveying Sam's emotion in Heroes, and RDA too at showing how much Jack cares for her. :) And thanks for posting those pics, Billie!!

Random question, but does anyone else absolutely adore the part in Lost City when Jack calls Sam a "national treasure"? Sooooo lovely. :)

LOL4JACK
July 1st, 2005, 01:35 PM

*frustrated grrrrrrrrrr*
I agree with many of the posts, I think Daniel does know and when they S/J decided to keep it in the room what I understood is that THEY where did not have to go one step further in their relations, of course because of the regs, that they will leave it there.

I don't think they talked to Teal'c or Janet and asked to keep it quiet ;)

I guess he also saw the interaction between Thera and Jonas (even though I have not seen it... yes shipper, I have not seen BTS) and...

As an ascended being.... you know everything!
When Daniel got into the mind of the Replicarter... he must have read it to :D
When Jack is in trouble he always calls out Carter first...
And Sam and Jack where alone in the cabin, fishing..... before Daniel and Teal'c got there :D

LOL4JACK
July 1st, 2005, 01:36 PM
PS: OMA, your next post will be a milestone!

pittsburghgirl
July 1st, 2005, 01:39 PM
remember also he interrupted Sam and Martouf in Tokra part one. Don't say that wasn't a whoops-i need to hurry up and step in here moment.

Sam_o_Neill
July 1st, 2005, 01:42 PM
Ooh, I agree wholeheartedly. It's mainly down to their talents that the ship is so wonderful! Amanda does such an amazing job at conveying Sam's emotion in Heroes, and RDA too at showing how much Jack cares for her. :) And thanks for posting those pics, Billie!!

Random question, but does anyone else absolutely adore the part in
Lost City when Jack calls Sam a "national treasure"? Sooooo lovely. :)

I do!! *waves hand in the air* Lost City is one of the shippiest Stargate eps IMO and that scene is just wonderful! Jack really opened up to Sam there and if Daniel and Teal'c hadn't popped in who knows what might have happened!! It would have been the perfect chance for the 'S/J talk' we have all wanted to see for so long!

Billie
July 1st, 2005, 02:03 PM
Random question, but does anyone else absolutely adore the part in Lost City when Jack calls Sam a "national treasure"? Sooooo lovely. :)

Whoa Yea! :D ... knees go weak just thinking about it!! *whoops there she goes!*

*picks oneself up and recomposes* Ok, while we're on the topic of random questions....can someone explain to me the little snippet from the episode failsafe (I think that's the one) when they are all working on fixing the damaged jaffa ship and sam looks over jacks shoulder and then sort of holds up her hands and backs away?? I never quite understood what that little bit meant (Doh!) Was hoping to post a pic but it's way too big and i haven't got a program yet to resize....so if you can figure out what the heck I'm talking about fellow shippers I shall stand amazed!! (but not in the least bit surprised!!)

Sam_o_Neill
July 1st, 2005, 02:07 PM
I'm not sure :S could you just put the link to the pic? i'd be glad to help once i see the pic and remind myself :P

Billie
July 1st, 2005, 02:31 PM
Oooo, while I was searching for a smaller pic of my query scene I came across this pic from failsafe...note how fast jack moves to help sam - he is but a blur!! :p

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a57/pcbillie/failsafe22.jpg

Oh and here's the link to the pic as requested Sam_o_Neill (now why didn't i think of that!!), any enlightenment would be gratefully received!

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a57/pcbillie/Failsafe.jpg

nell
July 1st, 2005, 03:33 PM

WELL, IF YOU LIKED THAT THEN YOU'LL LOVE THIS:

TODAY IS JULY 1

THERE ARE NOW 14 DAYS UNTIL JULY 15 PREMIERE!!!

For some of us, that is! And, it just ain't fair that we can't watch it on the same date wherever we are!

nell
July 1st, 2005, 03:40 PM
nell, since you're so good at this counting down thing... would you mind finding out how long it'll be until beach head aires? this is sam's/amanda's return (which is when *i* return to watching stargate too). if you find out, would you mind posting the results on the sam's a great character thread?

You're waiting till Beach Head to return to watching? What if someone talks about Sam? Don't you want to know first hand? Or, you can count on us to be on our computers as soon as we reasonably can to post the spoilers!! Yep, I bet that's what you're gonna do!!

Oh, as for the countdown...

THERE ARE A WHOLE LOT OF DAYS UNTIL SAM RETURNS IN BEACH HEAD!!

nell
July 1st, 2005, 03:45 PM

That is wrong on sooo many levels. The waiting, that is. But, TPTB made it that way and we Shippers will feed you spoilers,Oma-1, if you want them!! And, that goes for all the other Shippers, too!! :D

nell
July 1st, 2005, 04:00 PM
What are you sooo depressed about? We may get to start sooner, but Sam is going to be gone for the first five episodes, AND the first five episode will be Daniel centered, AND the last half of the season is usually the best, AND you guys don't have a THREE MONTH break. ACK!! I'm having nightmares! Now I'm depressed! :( :p

DEEP CALMING BREATHS, TOKEN!!! ;) Let's reframe this. We start the Ship Watch on July 15. We tape the shows, process, review, analyze, chat. One more time, process, review, analyze, chat. The three month break gives us time to post screen caps. We can moan, groan, squee with glee and all other forms of emotions until the second half resumes. Then, we'll start all over again!

I actually liked the break. By coming to The Thread I could share my perceptions and clarify and confirm what I saw. So, when the second half started I was receptive to more Ship Watch! :D

sg-1fanintn
July 1st, 2005, 04:15 PM

Oh, Mary, I'm sorry! Of course, my addled brain couldn't remember it correctly! Dump me in a big vat of blue Jello as punishment! It's a fine quote, and you deserve credit for it.

I always forget about the Danielites.....although I had considered the J/D slashers. I think you're probably right.

Oh, heck! I just logged in a few minutes ago, after a VERY busy RL day at work.....and now, the family wants to go to dinner! Don't they realize shipping is important? Sigh.....just kidding. I'll be back later!

Somnium
July 1st, 2005, 04:42 PM
What a lovely thread, Im a HUGE Sam/Jack shipper :D So its great to know theres more of you out there. Cant wait to see what S9 has in store for us. Suppose Ill have to make do with some fic in the mean time ;)

florence
July 1st, 2005, 04:45 PM
What a lovely thread, Im a HUGE Sam/Jack shipper :D So its great to know theres more of you out there. Cant wait to see what S9 has in store for us. Suppose Ill have to make do with some fic in the mean time ;)

Welcome Somnium ! (and other newbies I could have missed :o )
Hope you'll have fun in here ! :)

As for S9, well, I don't expect much ship in it. But I would love to be wrong though :D
But, you're right, there are fics :D If we don't get what we want on screen, I'm sure we'll find it in fics ;)

LOL4JACK
July 1st, 2005, 05:00 PM

As for S9, well, I don't expect much ship in it. But I would love to be wrong though :D
But, you're right, there are fics :D If we don't get what we want on screen, I'm sure we'll find it in fics ;)
IDEM... :P

Shippers I need help, I have S4 and S7 in DVD... (but disk 3 where BTS is does not work!, but well that's not the point ;)

I'm about to buy 2 more seasons, which one do you recomend?

Catysg1
July 1st, 2005, 05:09 PM

Shippers I need help, I have S4 and S7 in DVD... (but disk 3 where BTS is does not work!, but well that's not the point ;)

Season 2 and 3 :)
or season 1 and 3

Queen Eleta
July 1st, 2005, 05:23 PM

Well, there is a little something in the previews that give hope. I had to slow down the commercial and go frame by frame just to be sure of what I was seeing, but there it was!!!

I don't want to say too much because I don't know how to do that highlighting thing.

RamonaThePest
July 1st, 2005, 05:31 PM
Any one else in the U.S. who was expecting to see Moebius Part 1 today and is totally miffed that the schedule listings said it would be on but it isn't?????

Catysg1
July 1st, 2005, 05:38 PM
Buc 52 :)

I agree 100 % about your post on human relationships and long term sci fi shows ;)

Even if it was a mini series you probably would not need any romance in it at all ..and I'm alright not to see it in a film ..but a series which goes on and on and on ...got to be some ship to be real or at least look real ... ;) even if those people in the show are not supposed to live a normal life , you just can't live your life without affection and a cuddle from time to time :)

nell
July 1st, 2005, 05:39 PM
Any one else in the U.S. who was expecting to see Moebius Part 1 today and is totally miffed that the schedule listings said it would be on but it isn't?????v

I am MAJOR MIFFED!!! Sure I taped it but I wanted to watch it on TV!! **POUT**WHINE**STOMP**GLARE** :mad:

girlgater
July 1st, 2005, 06:14 PM
That is wrong on sooo many levels. The waiting, that is. But, TPTB made it that way and we Shippers will feed you spoilers,Oma-1, if you want them!! And, that goes for all the other Shippers, too!! :D

I can't speak for you, Nell, but this gal from VA willo be glad to post all the spoilers I can when S9 premiers. The wonderful shipper family from the UK was nice enough to spoil me rotten with Threads & Moebius spoilers in S8.

I'd consider it an honor to do the same in return. ;)

girlgater
July 1st, 2005, 06:20 PM

OT, but what's wrong with your Disk 3? I had trouble with Disk 5 from S7--the best, of course--Heroes Pt 2 and The Lost City. Heroes Pt2 would play half-way through and then freeze. Lost City wouldn't play at all. I emailed MGM and they had me ship it in and replaced it--free. Have you tried contacting them?

nell
July 1st, 2005, 06:22 PM
I can't speak for you, Nell, but this gal from VA willo be glad to post all the spoilers I can when S9 premiers. The wonderful shipper family from the UK was nice enough to spoil me rotten with Threads & Moebius spoilers in S8.

I'd consider it an honor to do the same in return. ;)

girlgater,

My apologies. I didn't express myself well. :eek: I mean to share spoilers with Oma-1 and all the other Shippers that wish to have them because I don't think it's fair that they have to wait till October.

But, just so there are no further misunderstandings, I go on record for wanting to share Season 9 spoilers with all my Shipper Friends!!! :D

girlgater
July 1st, 2005, 06:24 PM
Any one else in the U.S. who was expecting to see Moebius Part 1 today and is totally miffed that the schedule listings said it would be on but it isn't?????

I was disappointed. I was late coming in from outside and didn't get in until 8:15 or so...I couldn't figure out why it wasn't on. I guess it will be on next Friday. :o

girlgater
July 1st, 2005, 06:27 PM
girlgater,

My apologies. I didn't express myself well. :eek: I mean to share spoilers with Oma-1 and all the other Shippers that wish to have them because I don't think it's fair that they have to wait till October.

But, just so there are no further misunderstandings, I go on record for wanting to share Season 9 spoilers with all my Shipper Friends!!! :D

No need to apologize. I didn't take it that way at all. I was just saying that I would be glad to share spoilers. It was so funny back when Threads was coming out. I would sneak at work and F5 myself to death waiting on updates.

LOL4JACK
July 1st, 2005, 06:30 PM
OT, but what's wrong with your Disk 3? I had trouble with Disk 5 from S7--the best, of course--Heroes Pt 2 and The Lost City. Heroes Pt2 would play half-way through and then freeze. Lost City wouldn't play at all. I emailed MGM and they had me ship it in and replaced it--free. Have you tried contacting them?
Girlgater, I ordered S4, disk 3 would not load, I tried in 3 different DVDs, returned it and got another one, disk 3 would not load again!!!!!!!!!!! so I'm giving it a break for a while, they gave me a coupon for a free set and I get to keep the set that I have, so I can order it later.

But I can't believe I haven't see Beneath the Surface and everytime it has aired in the US, I've missed it, Tivo broke, VCR did not work....

I'll check with MGM though, many thanks (((((Girlgater))))))

LOL4JACK
July 1st, 2005, 06:34 PM
I was disappointed. I was late coming in from outside and didn't get in until 8:15 or so...I couldn't figure out why it wasn't on. I guess it will be on next Friday. :o
There's a marathon on thursday that starts at 9am on SCIFI, I think they are showing all S8 and M1 and M2 will be on later on the day.

girlgater
July 1st, 2005, 06:35 PM
Girlgater, I ordered S4, disk 3 would not load, I tried in 3 different DVDs, returned it and got another one, disk 3 would not load again!!!!!!!!!!! so I'm giving it a break for a while, they gave me a coupon for a free set and I get to keep the set that I have, so I can order it later.

But I can't believe I haven't see Beneath the Surface and everytime it has aired in the US, I've missed it, Tivo broke, VCR did not work....

I'll check with MGM though, many thanks (((((Girlgater))))))

Oh, I feel your pain; BtS is one of the shippiest episodes ever. Hope you get a good disk.

Queen Eleta
July 1st, 2005, 06:40 PM

Next Thurs. SG-1 S8 all day, Fri will be Atlantis S1 all day. So you will still get to see it just tune in a day earlier.