PDA

View Full Version : Sam Carter/Jack O'Neill Ship Appreciation Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57

gatebee
June 24th, 2005, 11:26 PM
My questions are next on the list so hopefully he will get to them tonight. I'm hoping it's taking a while because he's thinking up some nice, detailed answers.
I am praying for a nice "sweet" shipper answer

divcon
June 24th, 2005, 11:32 PM
I got my question answered but unfortunately I didn't ask about Jack and Sam. I don't think he likes to answer those questions, maybe because this thread is the one " who coplains all the time" We don't complain all the time we just voice our concerns. How hard is it just to give us a happy shippy ending. Gee, film RDA in LA and film AT in Canada or fly AT to LA and fim them both there that way RDA won't have to be away from Wylie for any length of time. Come on, one scene is all we ask for, just to give us closure and something else for our hearts to beat a little faster at.

majorsal
June 24th, 2005, 11:33 PM
spoilers for s9

gatebee, Like you I've been following Joe's postings this a.m. BUT, I am steadfast in my opinion that there is some hope!!! A little bit of hope! Like he said, "Rick isn't on the show anymore." But, let's see what they do with that challenge.

i'm going to c/p the q and a here --

[QUOTE=getcarter]Hi Joe,

I've only been watching Stargate since season 7, (and promptly bought all the DVD's to catch up) but I was attracted to the show simply because it's a great show. I also enjoy the tension between Jack and Sam. Do you or others ever regret bringing that element into the show, since it seems to be a point of contention among shippers and anti's alike?

(joe)
- Nope.

As a shipper I have thoroughly depressed myself by reading this thread but I digress....I guess my real question is - what is the big deal with just letting Jack and Sam be together?

(joe)
- It would have been impossible given current military regs - and now, very difficult given that Rick is no longer working on the show.

i love these answers! :D

first off, they don't regret doing the sam/jack thang, even though it's gotten a bit crazy at times. :D

and secondly... read, VERY CAREFULLY, what joe said in his second response...

it would have been IMPOSSIBLE given the military regs.... and now, VERY DIFFICULT given that rick is no longer working on the show. joe didn't say impossilbe again, just about it being very difficult because rick's not around anymore.

i'm telling you, shippers, this is good news for us! i'm 99.99 percent sure we'll see jack/rda again, so maybe that's where we'll see our BIG shippy scenes of them BEING TOGETHER romantically! it's something to look forward to! and remember, joe had said a bit ago about 'allusions' to things... we might just have to wait until rda returns to SEE some of it. :p

joe's quote on allusions - "Needless to say that with the cast changes this year, any mention of a possible Jack-Sam relationship would be limited to off-screen allusions." - from post #1151

:D

What upsets me though is he described a certain fan segment who complain and whine and cannot be satisfied. Guess who he's speaking of?

it's not us, i can guarantee you that. (please believe me; i know who he's talking about)

sally :D

divcon
June 24th, 2005, 11:34 PM
I don't know if I've told you or not Gatebee but I absolutly LOVE your sig. Did you do it yourself as well as your Avatar? My daughters love seeing them everytime they come across them as well. :) :) :cool:

gatebee
June 24th, 2005, 11:39 PM
I got my question answered but unfortunately I didn't ask about Jack and Sam. I don't think he likes to answer those questions, maybe because this thread is the one " who coplains all the time" We don't complain all the time we just voice our concerns. How hard is it just to give us a happy shippy ending. Gee, film RDA in LA and film AT in Canada or fly AT to LA and fim them both there that way RDA won't have to be away from Wylie for any length of time. Come on, one scene is all we ask for, just to give us closure and something else for our hearts to beat a little faster at.
I think the reason they cannot do that is funding .... the bottom line ...$$$$$

divcon
June 24th, 2005, 11:41 PM

it's not us, i can guarantee you that. (please believe me; i know who he's talking about)

I'm so glad they are not refering to us here in J/S ship land because as I previously stated we don't complain, we voice our concerns.

gatebee
June 24th, 2005, 11:42 PM
spoilers for s9

i'm going to c/p the q and a here --

[QUOTE=getcarter]Hi Joe,

I've only been watching Stargate since season 7, (and promptly bought all the DVD's to catch up) but I was attracted to the show simply because it's a great show. I also enjoy the tension between Jack and Sam. Do you or others ever regret bringing that element into the show, since it seems to be a point of contention among shippers and anti's alike?

(joe)
- Nope.

As a shipper I have thoroughly depressed myself by reading this thread but I digress....I guess my real question is - what is the big deal with just letting Jack and Sam be together?

(joe)
- It would have been impossible given current military regs - and now, very difficult given that Rick is no longer working on the show.

i love these answers! :D

first off, they don't regret doing the sam/jack thang, even though it's gotten a bit crazy at times. :D

and secondly... read, VERY CAREFULLY, what joe said in his second response...

it would have been IMPOSSIBLE given the military regs.... and now, VERY DIFFICULT given that rick is no longer working on the show. joe didn't say impossilbe again, just about it being very difficult because rick's not around anymore.

i'm telling you, shippers, this is good news for us! i'm 99.99 percent sure we'll see jack/rda again, so maybe that's where we'll see our BIG shippy scenes of them BEING TOGETHER romantically! it's something to look forward to! and remember, joe had said a bit ago about 'allusions' to things... we might just have to wait until rda returns to SEE some of it. :p

joe's quote on allusions - "Needless to say that with the cast changes this year, any mention of a possible Jack-Sam relationship would be limited to off-screen allusions." - from post #1151

I do believe it is not us. As for Joe's "allusions" and your "99.99%", I am hoping and praying that you are right. But I think we will have to wait when the whole series ends before we will get any wedding bells a ringing.

divcon
June 24th, 2005, 11:44 PM
I think the reason they cannot do that is funding .... the bottom line ...$$$$$

But RDA back on our screens is worth any amount of money. Let's start up a 'BRING BACK JACK FUND' and help them raise some much need funds to make it happen.(HE HE says the woman scraping money together for dinner tonight.)

Sum1
June 24th, 2005, 11:45 PM
Maybe in the season finale since those are generally big episodes with important events and recurring characters like Lost City, for example. Hammond, Davis, Apophis, and Kawalsky came back for Moebius, Skaara for Full Circle, etc. They want season finales to be big with big ratings to attract people for next season, and briging RDA back would definetely do that.

gatebee
June 24th, 2005, 11:47 PM
But RDA back on our screens is worth any amount of money. Let's start up a 'BRING BACK JACK FUND' and help them raise some much need funds to make it happen.(HE HE says the woman scraping money together for dinner tonight.)
rlol ... "scarping money". Ya the budget for SG1 is not like the budget of other tv shows in regular primetime. Sci-fi is a cable show.

majorsal
June 25th, 2005, 12:01 AM
spoilers for s8 and s9

Maybe in the season finale since those are generally big episodes with important events and recurring characters like Lost City, for example. Hammond, Davis, Apophis, and Kawalsky came back for Moebius, Skaara for Full Circle, etc. They want season finales to be big with big ratings to attract people for next season, and briging RDA back would definetely do that.

yep! :D

and remember, rda wanted specifically to have it left open for his return. :D

some of you guys might wonder why i'm so optimistic about ship... it's because --

a - threads was HUGE for where it put sam and jack! it got rid of obstacles (pete and kerry), and it showed that sam and jack are FINALLY ready to not only admit that they can't run from their feelings, but embrace them!

b - moebius only reaffirmed that sam and jack WILL end up together!

and then, when the season ends and we're feeling a bit letdown because we thought we'd get more....

c - we get hints that there WILL be something going on for them! how hard this must be when one half of the couple won't be on screen.

i'm not expecting big things in season 9, but just the fact that it's not going to be dropped, and just the fact that we won't have to put up with more bfs and gfs...

hope is all we've got, and we're getting hints that things aren't over. my biggest fantasty (besides SEEING sam and jack romantically involved) is having them get married.... and i'll tell you, shippers, i still have hope that might happen someday. i have hope. not rose colored hope, or clinging desperation hope, but real, bona fide hope.

divcon
June 25th, 2005, 12:01 AM

As long as they don't do an 'X-File' on us. I felt that that episode ( in regards to the Mulder and Scully ship) was atrocious. I was left will a great deal of dissappointment after I watched that finale.

I'd also love to see Hammond come back.DC sits and lets her imagination run wild for a moment. Maybe Hammond could have become a celebrant ( In Australia they can marry people without being attached to a church. Just in case you weren't sure), and he could come back at the request of Jack and Sam to marry them.

OK i'm back now, what just happened, went off into dreamworld. Oh well. :p :D :D

Sum1
June 25th, 2005, 12:03 AM
It's been almost an hour since Joe answered the question before mine and no response yet. According to the main page he's still on - maybe he's just taking an extended bathroom break... but the waiting is killing me.

divcon
June 25th, 2005, 12:05 AM
spoilers for s8 and s9

some of you guys might wonder why i'm so optimistic about ship... it's because --

a - threads was HUGE for where it put sam and jack! it got rid of obstacles (pete and kerry), and it showed that sam and jack are FINALLY ready to not only admit that they can't run from their feelings, but embrace them!

and then, when the season ends and we're feeling a bit letdown because we thought we'd get more....

c - we get hints that there WILL be something going on for them! how hard this must be when one half of the couple won't be on screen.

i'm not expecting big things in season 9, but just the fact that it's not going to be dropped, and just the fact that we won't have to put up with more bfs and gfs...

hope is all we've got, and we're getting hints that things aren't over. my biggest fantasty (besides SEEING sam and jack romantically involved) is having them get married.... and i'll tell you, shippers, i still have hope that might happen someday. i have hope. not rose colored hope, or clinging desperation hope, but real, bona fide hope.

Sal, you're not alone, we're all optimistic about the Jack and Sam outcome.

divcon
June 25th, 2005, 12:35 AM
It's been almost an hour since Joe answered the question before mine and no response yet. According to the main page he's still on - maybe he's just taking an extended bathroom break... but the waiting is killing me.

Looks like JM has gone to bed. Has everyone else done the same? :rolleyes:

barb69
June 25th, 2005, 04:40 AM
hi everyone
ive been lurking on the shipper thread for about a year and i just thought id delurk and let everyone known what a wonderful and friendly thread this is.

Ive been a fan of sg1 for about three years and a shipper after i watched the first two episodes. such chemistry

anyway just thought Id say Hi

barb
liverpool home of the champions of europe

kiwigater
June 25th, 2005, 05:17 AM
hi everyone
ive been lurking on the shipper thread for about a year and i just thought id delurk and let everyone known what a wonderful and friendly thread this is.

Ive been a fan of sg1 for about three years and a shipper after i watched the first two episodes. such chemistry

barb
http://bestsmileys.com/welcome/17.gif barb69! :D

Lovely to have you come out of lurkdom! :D It is a fabulous family, isn't it :D (even if I've been lurking a great deal myself recently :o ).
I'm not sure if anyone's awake right now :p veeeery early in the US, and veeerrry late here in NZ :D *yawns* sooo tired! must.... go.....to.....bed! Sorry to abandon you :o

I'm sure the US contingent will be awake and shipping shortly! So, pull up a chair, and a big drink and enjoy yourself! :D

nell
June 25th, 2005, 05:41 AM
hi everyone

barb

WELCOME BARB69!!!

No need to lurk any longer when you visit us!!! We welcome you to share and have fun with us. BTW, I noticed that you asked Joe a shipper question! The small group of us were pretty active last night following Joe and talking amongst ourselves!! That's what we do!!! :) ;)

divcon
June 25th, 2005, 05:56 AM
nelllllllllll, you're back. Have a nice sleep?

WELCOME Barb.

It doesn't take long to get wrapped up in this great thread. Everyone is soooo nice.

Long live Jack and Sam and may they live happily ever after. :) :) :)

nell
June 25th, 2005, 05:59 AM
spoilers for s9

sally,

I finally went to bed and it turned out that Joe did, too so I was able to see all his posts and not miss anything!! Hee, hee!! And after I promised not to visit his thread anymore!! Go figure!!

I just saw your post now after some sleep. And I have to say THANK YOU for seeing the bigger picture and you are correct!!! In his seemingly vague and not so promising replies, there are little gems of hope!!

I didn't see mulder and scully's resolution. I stopped watching that show after mulder left that one season. I think I stopped because it was soooo slow to develop and mulder was kind of broody and scully was kind of aloof in her intellectual cocoon. NO OFFENSE to x-file fans. But, although SG=1 has some of those elements: slow ship development, Jack withholds feelings, Sam is incredibly brilliant, and Jack is transferred from SGC, etc. Jack and Sam have substance that make me like them as people. Jack is funny and loyal and honorable. Sam is not above making errors, feeling remorse, kind and a friend to many. So, please TPTB do not do to these two what others say was a horrible resolution to X-files. And I didn't watch JAG but from the series finale summary I read, they served the ship in the last few minutes. That sounded like dumping it out without a good progression to the resolution.

Sorry, I did not get enough sleep and I think I may be rambling.

Anyway, Sally, THERE IS HOPE!!!

nell
June 25th, 2005, 06:02 AM
nelllllllllll, you're back. Have a nice sleep?

WELCOME Barb.

It doesn't take long to get wrapped up in this great thread. Everyone is soooo nice.

Long live Jack and Sam and may they live happily ever after. :) :) :)

divcon,

Thanks! I just replied to majorsal and you tell me if I sound like I got enough sleep!! Hee, hee!!

I included a reference to x-files and that really was a response to you but my sleepy brain got mixed up.

And yes there is hope! :)

divcon
June 25th, 2005, 06:18 AM
sally,

I finally went to bed and it turned out that Joe did, too so I was able to see all his posts and not miss anything!! Hee, hee!! And after I promised not to visit his thread anymore!! Go figure!!

I just saw your post now after some sleep. And I have to say THANK YOU for seeing the bigger picture and you are correct!!! In his seemingly vague and not so promising replies, there are little gems of hope!!

I didn't see mulder and scully's resolution. I stopped watching that show after mulder left that one season. I think I stopped because it was soooo slow to develop and mulder was kind of broody and scully was kind of aloof in her intellectual cocoon. NO OFFENSE to x-file fans. But, although SG=1 has some of those elements: slow ship development, Jack withholds feelings, Sam is incredibly brilliant, and Jack is transferred from SGC, etc. Jack and Sam have substance that make me like them as people. Jack is funny and loyal and honorable. Sam is not above making errors, feeling remorse, kind and a friend to many. So, please TPTB do not do to these two what others say was a horrible resolution to X-files. And I didn't watch JAG but from the series finale summary I read, they served the ship in the last few minutes. That sounded like dumping it out without a good progression to the resolution.

Sorry, I did not get enough sleep and I think I may be rambling.

Anyway, Sally, THERE IS HOPE!!!

Without even knowing it, you answered exactly as I wanted you to in regards to the X-Files. Hm, maybe I was channelling you so that you'd write the correct thing. I do watch Jag but our programmers down here are useless( Channel 7 has the rights to both JAG and the Stargate franchise), they always fluff around with the shows so we haven't seen the last season of Jag. :mad: :mad:

nell
June 25th, 2005, 06:23 AM
Without even knowing it, you answered exactly as I wanted you to in regards to the X-Files. Hm, maybe I was channelling you so that you'd write the correct thing. I do watch Jag but our programmers down here are useless( Channel 7 has the rights to both JAG and the Stargate franchise), they always fluff around with the shows so we haven't seen the last season of Jag. :mad: :mad:

divcon,
I apologize! I didn't think about JAG spoilers! BTW, one of the coolest things about this and other SG threads (I was just lurking in RDA/Jack thread!!) is that we have folks from around the world. I pinch myself that I'm talking to you in Australia for crying out loud!!! Our Sam and Jack vibes are across the globe! :D

divcon
June 25th, 2005, 06:34 AM
divcon,
I apologize! I didn't think about JAG spoilers! BTW, one of the coolest things about this and other SG threads (I was just lurking in RDA/Jack thread!!) is that we have folks from around the world. I pinch myself that I'm talking to you in Australia for crying out loud!!! Our Sam and Jack vibes are across the globe! :D

Hey, don't worry about spoilers I love them. I keep jumping between here and the RDA/Jack thunk as well.

I know it's surreal to be talking to someone thousands of miles away. I love talking to you guys across the big pond about up coming eps cause it takes forever for us to see them so spoilers are good ESPECIALLY Jack and Sam spoilers. As soon as anything happens I'm sure you'll will start posting along with everyone else and I'm going to start lapping it up.

Oma-1
June 25th, 2005, 06:41 AM
spoilers for s8 and s9

Sally, I love your optimism - and I share it.

I think the S/J story is a long way from complete - and I think tptb know that too. Some of Joe's answers to shippy questions and other articles I've read from ptb have given me real hope that they haven't abandoned this storyline - despite the obvious difficulties for next season.

Let's look at the facts:

They went fishing!!!! (And we all agreed they were there and settled on that dock long before Teal'c and Daniel showed up ;) )

We know there will be no "boyfriends" for Sam, despite the recurrence of characters like Agent Barrett cos Joe told us that directly.

RDA has left the show with the request to leave it open for a return of Jack.

I do believe that tptb short changed us with the way they left the ship hanging at the end of S8, knowing full well RDA wouldn't be back for S9. But I won't let that small detail (OK, rather HUGE detail :rolleyes: ) ruin my hopes for the future. I know I've said this before, but I like to repeat it :p, before SG-1 ends for good, I trust that tptb will give us a shippy resolution to Sam & Jack's relationship. Or rather, a shippy continuing of Sam & Jack's relationship. :D

Oma-1
June 25th, 2005, 06:48 AM
I think Peter DeLuise's appearances are like Martin Wood's - they put in a little cameo on each show they direct.

PDL went one further in S5's Threshold - the camera goes to the observation window and in the reflection you see Teal'c lying in his bed - and PDL's initials lit up in candles!

getcarter
June 25th, 2005, 06:53 AM
spoilers for s9

Sally, as usuall your post made me feel alot better.

I only read Joe's reply as - yeah, we like the controvery it has stirred up and so sorry for you that you are a shipper cause it ain't gonna happen". It made me wish I had never even asked the question!!!! But now you've given me hope. :)

Hurry up and wait.... :rolleyes:

nell
June 25th, 2005, 07:13 AM
Hi guys, this is how I would love a scene from Avalon go. Forgive me if it's a bit long but it's my first fic and I thought I'd post it here amongst other shippers. Please let me know what you think.

With another breif kiss Jack sent Sam back to her lab with both of them thinking of the night to come.

Well there it is. Please tell me what you think. I'd really like to know how I did for my first time. Be kind please but I would appreciate constructive critisism. :o

Wowee!!! divcon, I'm glad I scrolled back because I missed this the other day! Go girl! :D ;)

nell
June 25th, 2005, 07:18 AM
http://www.architecturaldigest.com/ (http://) I've pondered about what the 15 year age difference between Sam and Jack would look like when she enters her 50's. That would place Jack around 70!! Well, I was at Barnes and Noble the other evening and saw the recent issue of Architectural Digest. I think this is my peek into the future.

Senator John McCain, 69, is a retired Naval officer and pilot. He saw action in Vietnam and was taken prisoner of war for many years. His wife is approximately 12-15 years younger. He's a tall, solidly built, and take- charge man with a great sense of humor and she is a lovely, bright woman. They are parents of 7 children. The oldest is an adult; I don't know the age of the younger kids but maybe teens.

See the link for their portrait on the cover. I checked FAQ but I was unable to figure how to post a link to the website. I think it's worth your time to copy and paste to see it. Tell me what you think!! nell :) ;)

http://www.architecturaldigest.com/

Hi Shippers,
Yes, I quoted my own quote!!! You really have to see the magazine cover and tell me what you think! :D ;)

p.s. I don't know how to post links so you'll have to copy and paste the address to get there! Sorry, I read the FAQ but no help.

divcon
June 25th, 2005, 07:29 AM
Wowee!!! divcon, I'm glad I scrolled back because I missed this the other day! Go girl! :D ;)

Thanks nell. I've since written two more parts to that fic. Just to finish up what I wanted to say. They're very much conversation fics so I'm not sure whether I should post them or if it was enough just to get them down on paper. Plus I've looked on the GW fanfic page and it says to save your fic as text only and I can't seem to do that. My computer keep throwing up these messages(can't remember them now) and not letting me do it. Oh well. maybe it's a sign.

Oma-1
June 25th, 2005, 07:35 AM
Thanks nell. I've since written two more parts to that fic. Just to finish up what I wanted to say. They're very much conversation fics so I'm not sure whether I should post them or if it was enough just to get them down on paper. Plus I've looked on the GW fanfic page and it says to save your fic as text only and I can't seem to do that. My computer keep throwing up these messages(can't remember them now) and not letting me do it. Oh well. maybe it's a sign.
Aw divcon - don't give up!! Maybe you could try posting them on Fanfiction.net or something. Maybe Melpomeme or Lunar could help? They've both got fics posted on GW and FF.net. Send them a PM - I'm sure they'd be happy to help :)

Oma-1
June 25th, 2005, 07:38 AM
Hi Shippers,
Yes, I quoted my own quote!!! You really have to see the magazine cover and tell me what you think! :D ;)

p.s. I don't know how to post links so you'll have to copy and paste the address to get there! Sorry, I read the FAQ but no help.
I've tried the link a few time, but today it actually worked! Yay!

LOL at the pic! I just hope Jack wears a better jumper than that in 15 years!!!!!

divcon
June 25th, 2005, 07:47 AM
Aw divcon - don't give up!! Maybe you could try posting them on Fanfiction.net or something. Maybe Melpomeme or Lunar could help? They've both got fics posted on GW and FF.net. Send them a PM - I'm sure they'd be happy to help :)

Thanks Oma-1 I'll look into the fan fic site. and if that doesn't work I'll PM either Melpomene of Lunar.

An Oma inspired saying "If I decide to post, has the story already been told." :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Sum1
June 25th, 2005, 08:35 AM
I just edited my last post in the Ask Joe thread to include a question regarding the ship - I see he's online so hopefully he opened up the thread after I completed the editing.

divcon
June 25th, 2005, 08:42 AM
I just edited my last post in the Ask Joe thread to include a question regarding the ship - I see he's online so hopefully he opened up the thread after I completed the editing.

Hopefully he won't wander off and have a nap. You deserve an answer, I know he's a busy man but without us fans, there'd be no show. :) :rolleyes:

LOL4JACK
June 25th, 2005, 08:47 AM
Wow, I go away for two days and this thread has been pumping like crazy.... more than 10 pages to catch up... Way to go shippers!!!!

Divcon, nice fic, thanks... I hope you can work out the text issue so we can read the sequels :p

Sally, I completly agreed, when I read Joe's answer it's a hugh step.... we went from IMPOSSIBLE to DIFFICULT and look what they did with the ship when it was IMPOSSIBLE :D

I don't remeber who posted the idea, but I second the Let's bring back RDA for ship fund... :D

Nell, thanks for the countdown.... how many days do we still have left? :p

divcon
June 25th, 2005, 08:55 AM
Divcon, nice fic, thanks... I hope you can work out the text issue so we can read the sequels :p

I don't remeber who posted the idea, but I second the Let's bring back RDA for ship fund... :D

Thanks for the comments on my fic, now that more people have said that they like it, it's made me more determined to work out that text problem.

I you're talking about the BRING BACK JACKfund, that was me too. I figured that with all us shippers chipping in some money we could probably raise enough money to film some ship scenes to our satisfaction. :) :)

Who said 'pipe dreams'? :p :p :D

Sum1
June 25th, 2005, 09:38 AM
As long as they don't do an 'X-File' on us. I felt that that episode ( in regards to the Mulder and Scully ship) was atrocious. I was left will a great deal of dissappointment after I watched that finale.

I'd also love to see Hammond come back.DC sits and lets her imagination run wild for a moment. Maybe Hammond could have become a celebrant ( In Australia they can marry people without being attached to a church. Just in case you weren't sure), and he could come back at the request of Jack and Sam to marry them.

OK i'm back now, what just happened, went off into dreamworld. Oh well. :p :D :D

If they're going to have Sam and Jack get married, I'd like to see him propose to her in the gateroom in front of everybody, just to see the looks on all their faces! (Daniel, Teal'c, Walter, etc.)

ShimmeringStar
June 25th, 2005, 09:45 AM
Thanks Oma-1 I'll look into the fan fic site. and if that doesn't work I'll PM either Melpomene of Lunar.

An Oma inspired saying "If I decide to post, has the story already been told." :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
Fanfiction.net is fairly easy to post it on... it pretty much takes your document and its formatting (italics, special characters, etc.) as it is. For GW, the uploader does strip the formatting and you do have to save your story as a text file.

But I encourage you to do it divcon. It's great to have a creative outlet like that and even bettter to have places to share it and get feedback! And there's lots of Sam/Jack shippers out there who hungrily devour the latest stories so *DO IT*!!!!! :) :D

(((divcon)))

nell
June 25th, 2005, 11:28 AM
Hi Shippers!

I'm launching my new signature! Here's my test post! :D

Caro
June 25th, 2005, 12:25 PM
Love the sig nell LOL !!!!

LOL4JACK
June 25th, 2005, 02:16 PM
^^ Nell, Love your sig too...

LOL4JACK
June 25th, 2005, 02:45 PM
Sum1, Joe has answered your shippy question.. I'll let you do the honors :D

PS: Thanks for asking!

florence
June 25th, 2005, 03:03 PM
Sum1, Joe has answered your shippy question.. I'll let you do the honors :D

PS: Thanks for asking!

And he answered gatebee's question too :)

Note to Joe : you'll always be welcome in this thread if you keep on answering shippy questions :D
Correction : you'll always be welcome in this thread ! Remember when Shipper Day is ? ;) :D

Sum1
June 25th, 2005, 03:05 PM
Joe's Ship Resolution (http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost.php?p=4323085&postcount=1515)

gatebee, this should make you feel better after Joe's reply from yesterday. It's number 5 on the question list. :)

LOL4JACK, thanks for posting here to let me know to copy the link. I appreciate it. :)

Catysg1
June 25th, 2005, 03:12 PM

Sorry divcon ..I'm a big fan of the x-files and that show was my first addiction to fandom . The x-files finale was full of ship ..I don't think we'll get that in Stargate SG1 ..TPTB SG1 would find it very difficult to have real Sam and Jack cuddling up in bed ....We have more chance to see sleepings bags falling from the sky than that and I'm still a Sam and Jack shipper ....just blase about the ship right now .
The only problem about the x-file season 8 and 9 is :

1) They should have stopped the show when Duchony decided to leave ( Stargate is in the same boat ) and ,

2) what they did to the baby :( :eek: :S but then again , it's a sci-fi show with full of drama like that others ,not a soap opera so we must expect anything ...sci-fi shows make people disappear to their heart content and the TPTB 's always say it's easy to have them come back anytime . In sci-fi anything is possible .

Another problem of the x-files was to introduce some new characters so late in the series ( Stargate is going that route too :cool: ) but saying that I was rewatching some of season 8 and 9 x-files the other week and I really appreciated Reyes and Dogget after 2 years.
If you watch season 8 and 9 without thinking about the Mulder and Scully ship , then they had some very good Reyes and Doggett centric episodes .
I liked all the episodes with Mulder and Scully's baby in season 9 except " William" :( I really thought the credit was a Scully nightmare about losing her child ..I was disappointed about that aspect of the storyline because I deeply think that Scully would never have done something like that .I could just see her disappear with her child and find Mulder instead of giving him away to an anonymous family . I'm sure he is happy but like Spencer ( Mulder's half brother) said ..he will never be safe :S

I really hope that Stargtae SG1 finale will be better than the x-files finale ..but so far I doubt it .At least in the x-files finale it was real Mulder and Scully and the ship was enormous and sensual ..TPTB was not scared about showing sensuality in the last episode on Mulder's return . ;) and I'm happy with that ...I'm just hoping that They are both happy ( I doubt it) and that they will see their baby again one day ..This is so so sad...but then again , it's sci-fi .

Let's hope for a shippy finale Sam and Jack episode but first I'd like to know if RDA is coming back for the last episode . Without him around , then no ship whasoever .

Caty :)

Sam_o_Neill
June 25th, 2005, 03:26 PM
Ex Deus Machina eh....... i'll be eagerly awaiting that :D:D
Joe is answering quite a few shippy questions tonight :)

BTW Hi again everybody!! All my exams are finished now and I've got 12 weeks off school so I should be on here a lot more!! :D:D:D:D

florence
June 25th, 2005, 03:29 PM
Oh, Joe answered ST-1's question too ! :D (ST-1, I'll let you post your question and Joe's answer ;) :) )

All those answers make me feel definitely better :D In 2 days, we've gone from "impossible" to "very difficult" and now to "maybe". Let's cross our fingers ! ;) Maybe tomorrow, the answer will be "yes, definitely" :D

nell
June 25th, 2005, 03:41 PM
Yep, Joe's responses are positive for our Sam and Jack. :) I'm not expecting heavy ship because RDA is out of the series after episode 3 but Joe hinted at something shippy anyway. :p That's good enough for me!! It has to be!

I sent Joe a little 'squee' post! :D I have no shame! Until otherwise proven, I will give him and TPTB a reprieve.

What makes me really smile :) is his remark that he wants Sam and Jack to be together! I didn't know that! ;)

LOL4JACK
June 25th, 2005, 03:42 PM
Hmmmm, I guess it's time that we invite Joe to the post here on Ship Day, what do you all think?

He might not answer future questions, but we can talk about previous episodes and ship....

nell
June 25th, 2005, 03:45 PM
Hmmmm, I guess it's time that we invite Joe to the post here on Ship Day, what do you all think?

He might not answer future questions, but we can talk about previous episodes and ship....

I like that idea. Has he ever been to this thread before?

florence
June 25th, 2005, 03:47 PM
Yep, Joe's responses are positive for our Sam and Jack. :) I'm not expecting heavy ship because RDA is out of the series after episode 3 but Joe hinted at something shippy anyway. :p That's good enough for me!! It has to be!

I sent Joe a little 'squee' post! :D I have no shame! Until otherwise proven, I will give him and TPTB a reprieve.

What makes me really smile :) is his remark that he wants Sam and Jack to be together! I didn't know that! ;)

I've seen your 'squee' post nell and I agree with you. These last answers gave me hope for S9. Okay we won't see a big kiss in the gateroom but if we get some hints, it should be fine :)

You didn't know that Joe was a shipper ? Yes, he is :D Even if he doesn't answer shippy questions the way we'd want him too :rolleyes:
He even posted in this thread last year on Shipper Day ! :D

Catysg1
June 25th, 2005, 03:49 PM
Oh, Joe answered ST-1's question too ! :D (ST-1, I'll let you post your question and Joe's answer ;) :) )

All those answers make me feel definitely better :D In 2 days, we've gone from "impossible" to "very difficult" and now to "maybe". Let's cross our fingers ! ;) Maybe tomorrow, the answer will be "yes, definitely" :D

florence you know that there 's a strong possibility that the ship may just be said rather than shown ..and that when "everything is said and done" which I think means right at the end of the show .

Anyway don't forget that according to "Threads ",Sam and Jack are together ..He said "always" which for me means " I do " and they went fishing which I think has a sexual innuendo .
Sam has always refused the fishing invite before because of the risk of something happening on the spur of the moment if they were both alone for a long period of time . In Threads by accepting the invite ( I suppose Jack invited her or maybe she invited herself ),.. She actually said Yes to intimacy . It does not mean they did anything specially if the rules are still in between them but at least she let Jack know that she was ready to go forward and further than just good friends .

nell
June 25th, 2005, 03:52 PM
I've seen your 'squee' post nell and I agree with you. These last answers gave me hope for S9. Okay we won't see a big kiss in the gateroom but if we get some hints, it should be fine :)

You didn't know that Joe was a shipper ? Yes, he is :D Even if he doesn't answer shippy questions the way we'd want him too :rolleyes:

:D SQUEEeeeeee!!!!! :D

OK, need to tend to RL for awhile. :rolleyes: I'll check in later!! ;)

LOL4JACK
June 25th, 2005, 03:58 PM

I didn't know that... I knew he was a shipper.... he has proved it over and over again, how did this happen? how did you get him here? what did he say?.... stoping for breath :o

I could just really, really hug him right now:

http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/11/11_7_100.gifhttp://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/36/36_2_80.gifhttp://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/11/11_7_100.gif

PS: Caty, we miss your videos :(

nell
June 25th, 2005, 04:03 PM
florence you know that there 's a strong possibility that the ship may just be said rather than shown ..and that when "everything is said and done" which I think means right at the end of the show .

Hi Caty,
I agree with much of your interpretation of the Sam and Jack outcome at the end of Season 8. :p As for Season 9, I reconciled myself to limited ship when RDA called it quits after episode 3. :S I don't like it but I am hoping for significant verbal ship and/or other illusions!!! :D Season 9 I wonder what shippy bit may be shared in the mid-season episode Ex Deus Machina? So, the roller coaster is heading uphill for me right now! ;)

florence
June 25th, 2005, 04:04 PM

Anyway don't forget that according to "Threads ",Sam and Jack are together ..He said "always" which for me means " I do " and they went fishing which I think has a sexual innuendo .
Sam has always refused the fishing invite before because of the risk of something happening on the spur of the moment if they were both alone for a long period of time . In Threads by accepting the invite ( I suppose Jack invited her or maybe she invited herself ),.. She actually said Yes to intimacy . It does not mean they did anything specially if the rules are still in between them but at least she let Jack know that she was ready to go forward and further than just good friends .

Caty, I agree with everything you said. I know that SJ ship might be just said rather than shown. But just the fact that SJ ship won't be completely forgotten makes me feel hopeful for the future :)

kiwigater
June 25th, 2005, 04:06 PM
Wow! Joe is being unusually ship friendly this evening :D It's nice to see!

florence
June 25th, 2005, 04:14 PM
I didn't know that... I knew he was a shipper.... he has proved it over and over again, how did this happen? how did you get him here? what did he say?.... stoping for breath :o

http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/11/11_7_100.gifhttp://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/36/36_2_80.gifhttp://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/11/11_7_100.gif

At that time, I was only an occasional lurker so I don't really know how he got in here on that special day (maybe Caty or another 'older' poster could answer better than me).
I just remember that he posted an "Happy Shipper Day !" on this thread (I've tried to find his post but I didn't find it)

But he has posted before that day in SJ Ship thread here (http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?p=54916#post54916)

And from this post, Shipper Town (http://home.earthlink.net/~rdapix2/ShipperTown.htm) was born ! :D

Catysg1
June 25th, 2005, 04:23 PM
Joe didn't post on ship day last year .We invited him but he never turned up :(

He did post in the shipper thread to reassure ourselves about the end of season 8 because everybody was going crazy after "Affinity " or shall I Say "A$$inity" . :)

Catysg1
June 25th, 2005, 04:31 PM

Joe is definately a shipper . I think he is the only one who cares at TPTB but he is a big tease too regarding the ship :)

and I have 141 Sam and Jack shippy videos on my site .Have you watched them all ? it's plenty to get you going ....with some new tracks too :)

When we get a big real Sam and Jack honking kiss, then I will probably make another one . :D

LOL4JACK
June 25th, 2005, 04:37 PM
Joe is definately a shipper . I think he is the only one who cares at TPTB but he is a big tease too regarding the ship :)

and I have 141 Sam and Jack shippy videos on my site .Have you watched them all ? it's plenty to get you going ....with some new tracks too :)
When we get a big real Sam and Jack honking kiss, then I will probably make another one . :D

Not all of them :o yet , but I'm on my way :D...

I guess I miss the excitement of you posting the message of a new vid, it's like having a new ship episode to watch :D

((((((Catysg1)))))

nell
June 25th, 2005, 04:38 PM
Wow! Joe is being unusually ship friendly this evening :D It's nice to see!

Is Joe in this lineup?

Catysg1
June 25th, 2005, 04:47 PM
Hi Caty,
I agree with much of your interpretation of the Sam and Jack outcome at the end of Season 8. :p As for Season 9, I reconciled myself to limited ship when RDA called it quits after episode 3. :S I don't like it but I am hoping for significant verbal ship and/or other illusions!!! :D Season 9 I wonder what shippy bit may be shared in the mid-season episode Ex Deus Machina? So, the roller coaster is heading uphill for me right now! ;)

Hi nell :)

ship illusion..probably ...and me too I'll deal with what they give us ...If i'm disappointed I will just not complete my DVD collection .
and where about did you hear spoilers for for Ex Deus Machina...Did you hear about Sam and Jack verbal ship for that episode?!! I wish we knew if RDA is coming back or not for the finale ..it would make it more pleasant to watch season 9 ;)

Sum1
June 25th, 2005, 04:50 PM
Joe just posted answers to two questions related to the topic today.

Catysg1
June 25th, 2005, 04:51 PM
Not all of them :o yet , but I'm on my way :D...

I guess I miss the excitement of you posting the message of a new vid, it's like having a new ship episode to watch :D

((((((Catysg1)))))

Hehehehehe ;) ...I see ;) Thank you

Well Suekay asked me for a very exceptional request so I see what I can do ..but I need to wait to hear from her first ...and I have this great song I want to use for an x-files video soon . I keep playing it on my window media player and I can just see it with the x-files images/scenes in the background . :)

nell
June 25th, 2005, 05:15 PM
Hi nell :)

ship illusion..probably ...and me too I'll deal with what they give us ...If i'm disappointed I will just not complete my DVD collection .
and where about did you hear spoilers for for Ex Deus Machina...Did you hear about Sam and Jack verbal ship for that episode?!! I wish we knew if RDA is coming back or not for the finale ..it would make it more pleasant to watch season 9 ;)

OK, read ST-1's questions and Joe's responses below:

:
Originally Posted by ST-1
Forgive me if I am re-phrasing questions that have already been asked and answered, but here goes:

Question 1: On behalf of the Sam/Jack shippers (wait, please keep reading! It's not that bad! ), will S9 provide any intentional hints as to the status of their relationship? I say "intentional" because we S/J shippers have the uncanny (annoying?) ability to find "ship" in almost anything.

Joe's reply -Season 9 - Maybe. Check out Ex Deux Machina.

Question 2: In YOUR opinion, what is the likelihood of RDA returning for future episodes? His most recent response was "Maybe, maybe not." How would you quantify this? ("Highly likely," "likely," "not-so-likely," "highly unlikely," "only if there's a 10th or 11th season," or "God only knows?") I know you can't speak for RDA, but what is your prediction?

Thanks!

Joe's reply - Season 9 At the moment, I would say unlikely for season 9.

kiwigater
June 25th, 2005, 05:34 PM
Is Joe in this lineup?
No, since his outburst over fan conventions (and how the organisers never invited the people behind the show, rather than in front of the cameras) it's his policy not to attend them :S
However, Martin G, Brad and Rob, Martin W, Andy, John and Bruce are in there :p

nell
June 25th, 2005, 05:45 PM
No, since his outburst over fan conventions (and how the organisers never invited the people behind the show, rather than in front of the cameras) it's his policy not to attend them :S
However, Martin G, Brad and Rob, Martin W, Andy, John and Bruce are in there :p

Oh! Well, that's too bad he feels that way. :( I bet you had a great time?!! :D

Myrth
June 25th, 2005, 06:30 PM
Can I ask a dumb question... when is ship day and what is it?

And for those counting I'm in Australia too :)

Buc252
June 25th, 2005, 06:41 PM
Sorry divcon ..I'm a big fan of the x-files and that show was my first addiction to fandom . The x-files finale was full of ship ..I don't think we'll get that in Stargate SG1 ..TPTB SG1 would find it very difficult to have real Sam and Jack cuddling up in bed ....We have more chance to see sleepings bags falling from the sky than that and I'm still a Sam and Jack shipper ....just blase about the ship right now .

<snip>

Let's hope for a shippy finale Sam and Jack episode but first I'd like to know if RDA is coming back for the last episode . Without him around , then no ship whasoever .

Divcon, I'm on your side on this one, but you'll soon find out that we and Caty are very much on opposite sides of the X-Files argument. <g> (This pops up from time to time, as CC totally ruined the ship on XF in the same way that TPTB on SG are screwing up the ship on SG1.) I also thought The Truth stunk, was horrible, terrible, a piece of trash . . . however you want to put it - and the ship was too little, too late. (Not to mention that, after Scully's actions over the final two years, there's no way he should have forgiven her so easily or quickly!)

There wasn't one single saving grace in the last two years in my book, and when I write fic or discuss the series, those two seasons do not exist. It's a different show, just like S9 onward will be a separate Stargate series in my book. <g> No offense to Caty, but know that you're not alone in your XF feelings.

Buc252
June 25th, 2005, 06:47 PM

Well, if you're taking votes, mine is no. I don't trust him, and while I know most here do, I think he's playin' us like a Stratavarius.

The unfortunate part is that, for me, there's no way they can regain my trust. S&J *should* have been together by the end of S8, period, and they aren't. TPTB giving us a *mention* that they're together, a phone call, or anything this late might get me watching again, but it will never be enough to make up for what they've done in their treatment of us. I guess I don't "forgive and forget" as easily as most people. When I've been burned, I never trust the iron not to burn me the next time.

LOL4JACK
June 25th, 2005, 07:22 PM
Can I ask a dumb question... when is ship day and what is it?

And for those counting I'm in Australia too :)

Hello Myrth, I wasn't around for the Ship day (http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=2698&highlight=annual+shipper), but I was around the mini ship day (http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=8580&page=96&pp=20) and for that one I can tell you it was fun...

We got on the shipper's bus, ate shippers cookies and talked about ship... it was like having a pajama party all around S/J, it was fun.

Enjoy your reading :p

trupi
June 25th, 2005, 08:31 PM
Hi, everyone! Did everyone read MeiMei's fanfic "The Day before the Morning After"? If only the guys in Vancouver could write like that! Thank G-- we have people like MeiMei that can bring our wishes for a true shippy end ,to life! Great job and thank you. (http://home.earthlink.net/~shiawmeimei/id56.htm)

majorsal
June 25th, 2005, 08:35 PM

:D :D

i know what joe's latest answers are, but i'm waiting to see if anyone's going to discuss them in detail. if not (and by the time i get to the end of todays posts), i'll give my feeling/thoughs on them.

Myrth
June 25th, 2005, 08:45 PM
Rockin! Thanks :)

Hello Myrth, I wasn't around for the Ship day (http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=2698&highlight=annual+shipper), but I was around the mini ship day (http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=8580&page=96&pp=20) and for that one I can tell you it was fun...

We got on the shipper's bus, ate shippers cookies and talked about ship... it was like having a pajama party all around S/J, it was fun.

Enjoy your reading :p

majorsal
June 25th, 2005, 08:56 PM
k, time to discuss joe's answers! :D

i know that others discussed them, but i'm going to put his newest ones all together...

spoilers for s9

1Originally Posted by gatebee
Hi Joe
Right to the point. Since you, TPTB, knew that RDA was not coming back on a regular basis on S9 or even S10, why did you not end the "ship" with a definitive answer rather than vagueness and AU kisses.

Hi Joe, I am reposting my own question (above). Hope this time could you please answer it.

(joe)
- O'Neill has yet to retire and the series is not over yet.

that gives me the impression that at the end, sam and jack WILL be together! :D now, i'm not saying there isn't anything going on now, just that us SEEING it prob won't be until the end.

(another question/answer)

5. Regarding the Sam and Jack relationship storyline - is there any special resolution to this story that you personally would have wanted to see? After four years, I'm sure you've come up with or come across lots of possible solutions and I'm curious which one you think is the best.

(joe)
- Its no secret that I'd like to see Jack and Sam together when all is said and done.

i love joe loving s/j! :D i also feel this might be a hint of things to come.... *sigh*

(another q/a)

Originally Posted by ST-1
Forgive me if I am re-phrasing questions that have already been asked and answered, but here goes:

Question 1: On behalf of the Sam/Jack shippers (wait, please keep reading! It's not that bad! :D ), will S9 provide any intentional hints as to the status of their relationship? I say "intentional" because we S/J shippers have the uncanny (annoying?) ability to find "ship" in almost anything.

(joe)
- Maybe. Check out Ex Deux Machina.

hello! this is the ep with barrett... and maybe barrett asks her out again, and sam (like what amanda said sam would say in her french article) will say she's not single!

hello, ship! :D

(next q)

Question 2: In YOUR opinion, what is the likelihood of RDA returning for future episodes? His most recent response was "Maybe, maybe not." How would you quantify this? ("Highly likely," "likely," "not-so-likely," "highly unlikely," "only if there's a 10th or 11th season," or "God only knows?") I know you can't speak for RDA, but what is your prediction?

Thanks!

(joe)
- At the moment, I would say unlikely for season 9.

unlikely, but not impossible yet! and, even if it doesn't happen in season 9, we always have season 10... (and notice joe emphasized unlikely in 'season 9'?)

more hope, shippers! :D

gatebee
June 25th, 2005, 08:58 PM
Hi Myrth ....waves ..... is still waving

pic fr stargatesg1971
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v205/FilBrit1/272cefc2.jpg
Sam: Jack did you hear that.
Jack: Yes, sweet, hear what.
Sam: Jack please don't call me that in front of everyone here.
Jack: Yes, I won't, honey.
Sam: Jack please behave yourself.
Jack: Yes, dear.
Sam: Oh your are impossible. I have forgotten what I needed to tell you.
Sam and Jack: Always
And they kiss .... a BIG HONKING KISS and in real time.

Oma-1
June 25th, 2005, 09:29 PM
((((Sally)))) absolutely more hope!

*Oma does conga dance* Can't wait for Ex Deus Machina Can't wait for Ex Deus Machina :D

Joe definitely deserves an invite to Ship Day :D

((((LOL4JACK)))) Yep - mini ship day was lots of fun! I'm really looking forward to 3rd Annual Ship Day :D

Are we having a separate thread again for the day? Has anyone sorted it with the Mods yet?

ST-1
June 25th, 2005, 09:48 PM
WooHoo, I can't believe Mr. Mallozzi answered my questions, and on the same day I asked them! Holy Moly. :D I've spoken to "famous" people before, in person and over the phone, but an online relay with somebody from Stargate is...well...somehow even more impressive! But that could just be the way my pathetic, ship-driven mind works... :P

I am VERY satisfied with his answers. I really do think he is sharing all he can at this point in time. Imagine if the poor guy gave away something big (like an S/J ship resolution), only to have it not come out on screen? He'd have to change his name, move to South America, and hire personal guards to protect him from the scores of rabid fans who'd want his a$$ on a platter for sharing "fake" spoilers. :eek: ;) If you take this into consideration, you can't fault him for being vague at times! IMO he's been an awfully good sport and very generous to boot, answering questions online despite a busy schedule.

We need to cut the guy some slack. JMNSHO. ;)

sg-1fanintn
June 25th, 2005, 11:29 PM
Wow.....JM being friendly to the shippers. Well, blow me down and call me shorty! :p :cool: (I have no idea where that saying originates, but I've heard it all my life.) I don't really know what to say, except it's now Sunday morning, June 27, meaning we have:

Only 18 days to go til
Sci-Fi Season 9 Premiere!

pittsburghgirl
June 25th, 2005, 11:32 PM
Hi, everyone! Did everyone read MeiMei's fanfic "The Day before the Morning After"? If only the guys in Vancouver could write like that! Thank G-- we have people like MeiMei that can bring our wishes for a true shippy end ,to life! Great job and thank you. (http://home.earthlink.net/~shiawmeimei/id56.htm)
i tried to find the link-but it told me it didn't exist.

pittsburghgirl
June 25th, 2005, 11:41 PM
Wow.....JM being friendly to the shippers. Well, blow me down and call me shorty! :p :cool: (I have no idea where that saying originates, but I've heard it all my life.) I don't really know what to say, except it's now Sunday morning, June 27, meaning we have:

Only 18 days to go til
I dunno-part Popeye-part??????

Well it appears as if JM is trying to place nice-but me-I still am gonna be the one in the back of the bar, nursing my Barque's and watching what plays out.

Sam_o_Neill
June 26th, 2005, 01:57 AM
Joes answers seem to have really cheered everyone up! including me! I'm still worried about Season 9 with all the changes and everything but if Joe is still an S/J shipper and I know there is a chance for some mention of ship then I think i'll be able to cope :D:D:D

and I didn't realise it was only 18 days to the premiere!!!!! It seems so close!! :)
Do Sci-Fi usually show the first two eps together? or one at a time?? :S

florence
June 26th, 2005, 03:05 AM
Joe didn't post on ship day last year .We invited him but he never turned up :(

He did post in the shipper thread to reassure ourselves about the end of season 8 because everybody was going crazy after "Affinity " or shall I Say "A$$inity" . :)

Aha, I knew that Joe had posted for last year's Ship Day ! After hours of trying to make this search thing going the way I wanted :rolleyes: , I've finally found it ! :D
It's here (http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost.php?p=80815&postcount=11684)

Okay, he missed the right day but it's the thought that counts, isn't it ? ;) :D

Caro
June 26th, 2005, 03:49 AM
Regarding JM's answers, I totally agree with Majorsal. They give me hope that we will indeed have hints that S&J are together (at last !)... yeah, I know, I'm a "glass-is-half-full" kind of girl :p

JM just made my day :D

LOL4JACK
June 26th, 2005, 05:24 AM
Aha, I knew that Joe had posted for last year's Ship Day ! After hours of trying to make this search thing going the way I wanted :rolleyes: , I've finally found it ! :D

Okay, he missed the right day but it's the thought that counts, isn't it ? ;) :D
ROFL, thanks Florence :D

divcon
June 26th, 2005, 05:33 AM
Regarding JM's answers, I totally agree with Majorsal. They give me hope that we will indeed have hints that S&J are together (at last !)... yeah, I know, I'm a "glass-is-half-full" kind of girl :p

JM just made my day :D

Caro, it's the only way to look at the glass. After reading the last four,five or six, can't remember how many I just read, I think I have to be happy. It looks like JM has taken some pity on us shippers and given us some answers however vague about our couple of love birds. I'm glad at least one of tptb is a closet shipper, He's seems to be, at the moment at least, our lone voice at the script and sroyline meetings. Hopefully he can sneak more and more in as the series unfolds. Maybe do a script change and hand it to the actors before the days' filming begins. I'm sure the director won't notice a few little sentences, perhaps a phone call between Jack and Sam before she heads off-world.

"Well I'm off again Jack. I'll be gone hopefully no longer than a week."
Sam listens as Jacks replies. A grin breaks out on her face and she answers him.
"Yes Jack, I've got clean underwear one. I'll see you when I get back. I expect dinner on the table and I want to see you wearing that new tie I gave you (think 'Pretty Woman')"
Laughing, Sam replaces the phone and leaves the lab smiling and humming.

Oh well that's my fantasy, anyone want to share? :D :D ;) ;)

nell
June 26th, 2005, 05:55 AM

Only 18 days to go til

Um, sg-1fanintn, today is Sunday, June 26 and 19 more days till July 15! Look below, Jack says so!! :D

kiwigater
June 26th, 2005, 06:01 AM
not if you're in NZ :p Then it's 1am on Monday, and it really IS 18 days till premiere..... :p :D

discounting the fact the networks here are waaaay behind on SG, BSG is another story, but SG hasn't even started s8 for SG-1 or s1 for Atlantis :S I even emailed the cable people and asked if I could have Sci Fi bounced directly to me! They laughed hysterically and then called me a geek and sci fi nerd (in polite customer service terminology of course :p ). *sniff* that's fine, I don't WANT to subscribe to them ANYWAY :p :rolleyes:

Myrth
June 26th, 2005, 06:07 AM
Hiya Gatebee... {waves back}.... :D

I just finished watching Small Victories again (courtesy of our fortnightly stargate sunday night) and I wanna know.... was there any speculation about what happened between Sam & Jack on that planet for a week at the time? Coz I tell ya.. those grins from Sam and the extended stares from Jack were hawt... very very interesting... :)

pic fr stargatesg1971

Oma-1
June 26th, 2005, 06:12 AM
LMAO! I'm sure they meant you're such a dedicated fan, they would do their upmost to facilitate your request. :D

(((((Kiwigater)))))

divcon
June 26th, 2005, 06:15 AM
not if you're in NZ :p Then it's 1am on Monday, and it really IS 18 days till premiere..... :p :D

discounting the fact the networks here are waaaay behind on SG, BSG is another story, but SG hasn't even started s8 for SG-1 or s1 for Atlantis :S I even emailed the cable people and asked if I could have Sci Fi bounced directly to me! They laughed hysterically and then called me a geek and sci fi nerd (in polite customer service terminology of course :p ). *sniff* that's fine, I don't WANT to subscribe to them ANYWAY :p :rolleyes:

Hey kiwigater, us Aussies are in the same 'long time to wait' boat for SG season 9 but at least we've finished S8., have you?

nell
June 26th, 2005, 06:33 AM
Hi, kiwigater, divcon, myrth, and all my other Shipper Sisters in the Southern Hemisphere! Jack sends his heartfelt apology for his screwing up the countdown to July 15. See below!! Is this better?!!! :D

Sum1
June 26th, 2005, 06:39 AM
kiwigater, you could watch online legally using an online service from another country.

Myrth
June 26th, 2005, 06:46 AM
I never wait for tv to show the things I like here.. it's too damn slow.. and the Internet keeps me happy ;)

I can't wait for July 15 :D

Billie
June 26th, 2005, 07:44 AM
Hi guys, this is how I would love a scene from Avalon go. Forgive me if it's a bit long but it's my first fic and I thought I'd post it here amongst other shippers. Please let me know what you think.

Lt. Colonel Samantha Carter had just arrived in her office to begin what looked like being a busy day when her phone rang. Tempted not to answer but knowing that whoever was ringing already knew she was there. So she picked up the phone with a scowl on her face.
"Yes?"
"Col Carter, General O'Neill would like to see you in his office in 5 mins."
"O-Kay, I'll be there. Thank you Sergeant."

As she made her way up the his office Sam wondered what could be so important. SG1 weren't due to go off-world for another week, Teal'c was on Chulak and Daniel was? Well she didn't really know where Daniel was, but Daniel being Daniel, he was probably off researching some artefact somewhere.

After knocking and entering the General's office Jack told her to take a seat. He looked very intensely at her as if he didn't really know what to say, but he eventually began.

"Sam..."
Sam's head snaps up, "Sir?"
"Yes Sam, please let me finish. The reason I asked you in is because I wanted to tell you personally that I'm leaving the SGC."
"WHAT!! B-but you love the SGC sir. Why?" Sam asked in a state of shock.
"Well, there are a few reasons." he said and then proceeded to tick them off on his fingers.
"One, I feel I can do more for the SGC from the Pentagon. Two, I've stipulated that if I take this transfer I can choose who my replacement will be. And last but definately not least, for a very selfish and personal reason."
"Sir, no one could call you selfish."
"Thank you Sam."
There was her name again. What was going on? Oh God, what if he was sick?

"So, do you want to know my third reason?"
Sam nodded even as she voiced her answer.
"Well ever sice Kerry and I split up,I've been re-evaluating my life and I came to a conclussion." Jack stopped talking, trying to figure out how best to continue. He lowered his eyes to his desk and continued.
"I've decided that at this time in my life I should be enjoying my life with a woman at my side. A strong, smart, beautiful woman with whom I've been in love with for years."
When he finished, Jack raised his eys to look at a shocked Sam.
"You're doing this for me?"
"No Sam, I'm doing this for us. That is, if you want there to be an us?"
"Of course I do!"
"Well then, do you have something to say to me?"
"Wha...., oh yeah. I love you Sir."
"Sam, you CAN call me Jack when you say that."
Sam blushed " Yes Jack." It sounded weird to hear his name on her lips. But in her dreams, she'd been calling him Jack for years.
"I love you Jack."

Jack looked out to the breifing room to make sure no one was around. Standing up, he closed the corridor door and went to take Sam's hand, lifting her out of her chair and into his arms. Finally, he brought his lips to hers in a kiss that was years in the making. It started soft and gentle but then his passion for this woman overtook him and he deepened the kiss. Sam fell in love with him all over again.

Finally they broke apart.
"How about dinner tonight?"
"Oh yes, but Jack I don't know if I can wait that long."
"Oh me neither, but until everything goes through with my transfer we still have the regs to deal with."
"When?"
"Only about 2 weeks. I've already choosen my replacement. He's already going through our security check and breifing."
"Jack, I am so happy!"
"Me too Sam, me too."

With another breif kiss Jack sent Sam back to her lab with both of them thinking of the night to come.

Well there it is. Please tell me what you think. I'd really like to know how I did for my first time. Be kind please but I would appreciate constructive critisism. :o

Haven't checked in for the last few days coz I've been sleeping (working nights plays havoc with ones posting time!) but hey what a great welcome back :) :) thanks divcon!! great first fic!! you have a very natural writing style and capture our favourite pair brilliantly...get writing more!! :D :D

You've even managed to inspire me to have a go....watch this space!!

Caro
June 26th, 2005, 08:05 AM
Caro, it's the only way to look at the glass. After reading the last four,five or six, can't remember how many I just read, I think I have to be happy. It looks like JM has taken some pity on us shippers and given us some answers however vague about our couple of love birds. I'm glad at least one of tptb is a closet shipper, He's seems to be, at the moment at least, our lone voice at the script and sroyline meetings. Hopefully he can sneak more and more in as the series unfolds. Maybe do a script change and hand it to the actors before the days' filming begins. I'm sure the director won't notice a few little sentences, perhaps a phone call between Jack and Sam before she heads off-world.

"Well I'm off again Jack. I'll be gone hopefully no longer than a week."
Sam listens as Jacks replies. A grin breaks out on her face and she answers him.
"Yes Jack, I've got clean underwear one. I'll see you when I get back. I expect dinner on the table and I want to see you wearing that new tie I gave you (think 'Pretty Woman')"
Laughing, Sam replaces the phone and leaves the lab smiling and humming.

Oh well that's my fantasy, anyone want to share? :D :D ;) ;)

Great fantasy, may TPTB hear (read) you !
But I'd prefer something like that :

"Yes Jack, I've got clean underwear one. I'll see you when I get back. I expect dinner on the table and I want to see you wearing that new boxer I gave you

divcon
June 26th, 2005, 08:45 AM
Haven't checked in for the last few days coz I've been sleeping (working nights plays havoc with ones posting time!) but hey what a great welcome back :) :) thanks divcon!! great first fic!! you have a very natural writing style and capture our favourite pair brilliantly...get writing more!! :D :D

You've even managed to inspire me to have a go....watch this space!!
Thanks Billie, can't wait to see your fic. I was so nervous but these guys have been so kind to me with their responses.

Go for it and have fun. :) :) :)

Billie
June 26th, 2005, 08:57 AM
Just finished reading through the last 8 pages of posts (that'll serve me right for being away for a few days!!) and boy so much to take in!

Am kinda liking Joes answers in that I'm now pretty hopeful that there will be some references to jack and sam ship in season 9 but am feeling rather deflated that we'll have no 'eyeball' on the two of them together what with RDA and AT schedules :( :(
I know verbal references are something but it's just not the same and gives me no opportunity to wear out the video tape...my copy of a particular very yummy scene in Grace is almost unwatchable now!!

So here's my first major rant of my posting career.....
(shouts very loudly coz it's a long way from my little pad in london to TPTB office!)

*****DON'T THROW US CRUMBS, CHUCK US THE WHOLE YUMMY LOAF!!!!*****

Wow...(calms down and retakes seat) sorry about that but just felt compelled to share my frustration!
Anyhow to end on a positive note...at least we have our very vivid imaginations and that is something that TPTB can't interfere with...so ship on shipper family, ship on and on and on................!!!

divcon
June 26th, 2005, 09:05 AM
So here's my first major rant of my posting career.....
(shouts very loudly coz it's a long way from my little pad in london to TPTB office!)

*****DON'T THROW US CRUMBS, CHUCK US THE WHOLE YUMMY LOAF!!!!*****

Wow...(calms down and retakes seat) sorry about that but just felt compelled to share my frustration!
Anyhow to end on a positive note...at least we have our very vivid imaginations and that is something that TPTB can't interfere with...so ship on shipper family, ship on and on and on................!!!

Hey Billie why don't we the shippers just TAKE OVER THE BAKERY AND COOK THE BREAD THE WAY WE WANT TO EAT IT!!! That way we can be sure that we get all the right ingredients, in the right quantities.

YUM YUM YUM :) :) :D :D

Billie
June 26th, 2005, 09:11 AM
Oh forgot to ask, anyone know when season 9 comes to the UK? Have a nasty suspicion that we are gonna have to wait until Sept/Oct :( :(

Billie
June 26th, 2005, 09:23 AM
Hey Billie why don't we the shippers just TAKE OVER THE BAKERY AND COOK THE BREAD THE WAY WE WANT TO EAT IT!!! That way we can be sure that we get all the right ingredients, in the right quantities.

YUM YUM YUM :) :) :D :D
Liking your thinking divcon!!

How about this...a slight variation on the bread theme but what the hey....

Prepare one large (am thinking extra kingsize) bed then add one Jack O'Neill followed very closely by one Sam Carter, mix thoroughly and allow to blend for at least a few hours...no other ingredients necessary!!!

mmmm!!!!!

any other recipes anyone??

LOL4JACK
June 26th, 2005, 09:26 AM
Hello, Just thinking about Joe, he never answered this one :D

Here's a question that's probably been asked a dozen times.... Are Sam and Jack EVER gonna get together? No specifics, just a bit of reassuring needed. You can tell us. We'll still keep watching ya know.
A tiny hint. That's all we need. Pleeeeeeease *Pulls sweet innocent adorable face*. Pretty please.

Any silence will be considered an affirmative!

Caro
June 26th, 2005, 09:30 AM
I'll consider that a silence :D

divcon
June 26th, 2005, 09:31 AM
Liking your thinking divcon!!

How about this...a slight variation on the bread theme but what the hey....

Prepare one large (am thinking extra kingsize) bed then add one Jack O'Neill followed very closely by one Sam Carter, mix thoroughly and allow to blend for at least a few hours...no other ingredients necessary!!!

mmmm!!!!!

any other recipes anyone??

Such a good recipe. Try this one.
To a room full of scented candles add one massage table, LOTS of massage oils, some strawberries and cream,one Jack O'Neill and one Sam Carter. Bring to the boil and allow to simmer.

.:Lemon:.
June 26th, 2005, 09:33 AM
Oh forgot to ask, anyone know when season 9 comes to the UK? Have a nasty suspicion that we are gonna have to wait until Sept/Oct :( :(

Yeah probably September like usual. (God I haven't posted in here for weeks! Months even!)

divcon
June 26th, 2005, 09:46 AM
It's winter down here so it got me thinking.

Place one Jack O'Neill in a secluded cabin, mix in one Sam Carter. When mixture has settled in add one HUGE snow storm.

This recipe has no need for firewood, therefore allow the dry ingredients to blend and create it's own fire.

Okay, after all this recipe making I've decided it's time to hit the sack. It's 2.40am here and I need to sleep before the mind takes me to places I don't want to go. Keep up with the recipes and I'll check tomorrow and see if there are some I'd like to cook up. ( hehehehehe)

NIGHT FELLOW SHIPPERS
I've reached a hundred posts and I'm a happy camper.

nell
June 26th, 2005, 10:29 AM
I'll consider that a silence :D

Joe's a bright fellow. I consider that a deliberate silence, too, but maybe Psycho-veggie-freak will repost! Although, after what he told us yesterday and the night before (whenever!) I think we have our answer. :p

I can't believe how much he gave us including the reference to a specific episode in Season 9 Ex Deux Machina! :D

BTW, I saw the new edition of Stargate magazine. There are spoilers. I decided not to peek for specific spoilers because I want some surprises!! I did see this, however, Season 9 Sam will likely crossover to an SG-Atlantis episode. Seems that due to legal matters, AT and CJ could not join RDA and MS when they crossed over for the SG-Atlantis season premiere. So, will Sam and McKay show us some funny scientific arguments again?

nell
June 26th, 2005, 10:35 AM
It's winter down here so it got me thinking.

I've reached a hundred posts and I'm a happy camper.

:DCONGRATULATIONS, DIVCON, ON 100 POSTS!!!! :D

wynter
June 26th, 2005, 11:02 AM
hello my lovely shipper family,

god it takes forever to catch up with you busy bees,one week it can go slow and the next i can't even catch up.

Nice to see that JM was here again and that some of you got your questions answered.

I have been so busy and i'm away next week,so i need to make the most of being here this week.

Anyone got any new stories i can read??
I'm not getting my hopes up for season 9 but hey if there is anything about sam and jack that would be the best ever christmas present a girl can have(except for RDA in her stocking).
i've been watching all my fave shipper moments the last couple of days,and jumping up and down on the sofa like a kid when a good shipper moment comes up,my 2 girls think i'm mad but hey who cares!!!

Will log on later tonight to catch up a bit so until then happy shipping!!!!!

wynterxx

jack_n_sam147
June 26th, 2005, 11:04 AM
I'm not even gonna try to catch up this time, lol :D

Anyway... I noticed something on "It's Good to be King" when I re-watched it! O'Neill has recently arrived through the gate (I think) and he tells Danny and Teal'c to do something, then he says, "Carter and I will go check out the... ship." lol! Probably just a coincidence, but I'd like to think they put it there on purpose, wouldn't you? ;)

nell
June 26th, 2005, 11:10 AM
I'm not even gonna try to catch up this time, lol :D

Anyway... I noticed something on "It's Good to be King" when I re-watched it! O'Neill has recently arrived through the gate (I think) and he tells Danny and Teal'c to do something, then he says, "Carter and I will go check out the... ship." lol! Probably just a coincidence, but I'd like to think they put it there on purpose, wouldn't you? ;)

I believe you caught some very subtle shippy dialogue!! Green jello for you! :) I've seen that episode but it did not register with me! :rolleyes: That has got to be a pun and TPTB must have known what they were doing. :D Like Jack says, "Gotta love those guys!" :) Well, sometimes anyway! ;)

dipsofjazz
June 26th, 2005, 01:46 PM

:D LOL! Well done Florence for finding the post. You can easily get lost for days delving into the Shipper Archive! :p

Gatetrixer
June 26th, 2005, 02:17 PM
Shimmerstar and Nickatell-both of you have hit the nail on the head-i am wondering if anybody got the individual disks that they are selling now-and the commentary has any backstory or information on what they were thinking when they did this episode. I guess i am expecting too much when I am hoping that they would explain why they cut it the way they did, or something...but with our luck it) that commentary on S8 is much less than on previous years' DVD's.

The big complaint i have had about this show is that there is no folllow up and no consequences. Except maybe for Sam and Jack-there seems to be some evidence of it with Daniel and Teal'c-there is always something lingering after what happens to them-but not Sam and Jack.

guess that is why they tell people not to start something they can't or don't intend to finish.

I read somewhere and don't know if it is true or just someone's prediction that commentary on S8 DVD is much less than on previous ones.

Gatetrixer
June 26th, 2005, 02:49 PM
Speaking of nepotism, here's a list.

Peter DeLuise - pops up in eps all the time( all be it usually in the background)
Michael DeLuise - (Brother) - Wormhole Extreme
David DeLuise - (Brother) - Pete Shanahan
Dom DeLuise - (Father) - Urgo

Now I'm not saying that I didn't like the episodes but are there anymore DeLuise's out there that are going to show up on Stargate? :confused:

I think PDL's little boy showed up in "Assinity" as one of the playground children.

sg-1fanintn
June 26th, 2005, 03:02 PM
Quote:

Originally Posted by sg-1fanintn
Wow.....JM being friendly to the shippers. Well, blow me down and call me shorty! (I have no idea where that saying originates, but I've heard it all my life.) I don't really know what to say, except it's now Sunday morning, June 27, meaning we have:

Only 18 days to go til

Um, sg-1fanintn, today is Sunday, June 26 and 19 more days till July 15! Look below, Jack says so!!

Ok.....my math was off a day. It was late in North America, and I was sleepy, and I may be guilty of trying to make the calendar get to July 15th a little earlier than it should!

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y128/newsgoddess/lemonade2.jpg

It's also warm and summery here in Tennessee today. Shipper lemonade, anyone?

nell
June 26th, 2005, 03:08 PM
Quote:

Ok.....my math was off a day. It was late in North America, and I was sleepy, and I may be guilty of trying to make the calendar get to July 15th a little earlier than it should!

Hey, I'm in Virginia! I hope that I will be able to juggle the time zones and 'days until'' as I continue the countdown!! :eek: Hee, hee!! :D And, me, too! Now after what Joe has been sharing I want July 15 to get here quickly! :D

ShimmeringStar
June 26th, 2005, 06:47 PM
I read somewhere and don't know if it is true or just someone's prediction that commentary on S8 DVD is much less than on previous ones.A few weeks ago I was in Borders book store and was skimming through a UK sci-fi mag (I'm not even going to try to remember the name, 'cause I know I'll get it wrong), but they had a section where they did 'picks and pans' of the latest DVD releases and they gave a BIG thumbs down to the SG PTB for putting very little at all in the way of extras on the DVD's for S8. :(

(And I know from reading around some threads here that while it's nice to hear the lighting director, etc. do explanations.... there's a good number of people who want to hear from the writers/directors/etc. about the characters, about the stories, about how the original ep idea went from scenario A to actuality B because of actor availability, etc. and that more and more as each season has progressed the commentaries have been lacking. And few of the extras are actual behind the scenes video featurettes like they did early on.)

Sum1
June 26th, 2005, 07:57 PM

pic fr stargatesg1971
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v205/FilBrit1/272cefc2.jpg

Hopefully a better one than those Moebius kisses - to me they seemed pretty passionless.

gatebee
June 26th, 2005, 08:31 PM
Hopefully a better one than those Moebius kisses - to me they seemed pretty passionless.
I totally agree 101%

sg-1fanintn
June 26th, 2005, 09:32 PM
Wow! It's been very quiet around here tonight, a big contrast to the past several days. I guess everyone had RL things to do tonight.....except hubby and I.....who are still trying to prepare for the start of a new work week.

Hope everyone had a great weekend, and experiences a good week ahead! Shippy dreams!

RamonaThePest
June 26th, 2005, 10:19 PM
1) When exactlly is "Shipper's Day?"

2) We just recently had the episode "Threads" run and it was horribly cut. SciFi Channel is running a Marathon on July 7, 2005 of the entire Season 8 which is great since I missed several of that season's early episodes (and I haven't seen the last 2 episodes yet). My question is: Does anyone know if they'll be showing the 80 minute Threads? If so, I'll probably take off work that day to watch :)

Can't express my frustration that they won't release Season 8 in the U.S. until Season 7 finishes running in syndication here. :p

RamonaThePest
June 26th, 2005, 10:35 PM
Moebious 2 So I thought it was a fun ep, a lot better than part 1. I laughed and enjoyed the team banter-- even tho it wasn't exactly our team. There were some really good moments and lines and I liked it.

There is just so excited, though, I can get about another AU kiss. It was cute, but, in the end, meaningless. I'm desperate for meaning and resolution and TPTB gave me the same ole, same ole. Alright already, I get it, you don't need to bang me over the head with it anymore-- Sam and Jack will always dig each other no matter what their history or universe they're in. So PTB, if you know that and love it so much that you have to keep throwing it at us -- such a wicked tease-- why the hell not deal with it in OUR timeline, once and for all.

To me, the Threads retread ending is a jip. RDA won't be around next season, why not just finish the thing. I don't understand why we're still stretching this out. It's just stupid.

ship sistah
I agree 100 percent! Maybe what TPTB need is a WOMAN ON STAFF IN POWER! How can a group of (self-admitted nerds/geeks - and I mean that in the nicest way cause who butt nerds/geeks could do scifi so well?) how can they write for or know what women want to see? (Especially if they're too afraid of what the bullies (anti-shippers) want) Adding a woman writer and/or producer to the show would give us someone who could bring some type of closure to this thing (and without necessarily being so sappy that everyone couldn't enjoy it). GIRL POWER!

divcon
June 26th, 2005, 10:38 PM

2) We just recently had the episode "Threads" run and it was horribly cut. SciFi Channel is running a Marathon on July 7, 2005 of the entire Season 8 which is great since I missed several of that season's early episodes (and I haven't seen the last 2 episodes yet). My question is: Does anyone know if they'll be showing the 80 minute Threads? If so, I'll probably take off work that day to watch :)

Can't express my frustration that they won't release Season 8 in the U.S. until Season 7 finishes running in syndication here. :p

I truely hope that the 90 min version of Threads is on the DVD(box set) because I've never seen it and to be honest until I joined you shippers, shock horror, I didn't even know that it existed. I can't wait to see the whole version, and we get to buy the box set 16 August.whoo hoo!!!! :D :D

RamonaThePest
June 26th, 2005, 11:40 PM
St-1 - Loved Your Fics!

Oma-1
June 27th, 2005, 01:49 AM
3rd Annual Shipper Day is July 28th :D

I have a vague memory of reading somewhere that SG-1/Atlantis start in the UK mid October. Can't remember the exact date though. I'll try to find out for sure.

Sam_o_Neill
June 27th, 2005, 02:56 AM
I've just been looking at the Season 8 DVDs on Amazon and realised they have put Citizen Joe as ep 817, AFTER threads....to me now thinking about it that make more sense because at the end of Threads we have Sam and Jack fishing! then at the start of Citizen Joe they give us that lovely, subtly shippy scene talking to each other on the phone...To me there is no doubt about it that there was a discussion in Threads(that sadly we didn't see) and Sam and Jack are together! Well at least officially after Jack has retired.... :D:D:D:D

I just wish we could see them together in Season 9!!! RDA should do a few more scenes for later on in Season 9! we can't cope with just seeing him at the start then never again!!
*gets down on her knees and begs*

pittsburghgirl
June 27th, 2005, 03:29 AM
I've just been looking at the Season 8 DVDs on Amazon and realised they have put Citizen Joe as ep 817, AFTER threads....to me now thinking about it that make more sense because at the end of Threads we have Sam and Jack fishing! then at the start of Citizen Joe they give us that lovely, subtly shippy scene talking to each other on the phone...To me there is no doubt about it that there was a discussion in Threads(that sadly we didn't see) and Sam and Jack are together! Well at least officially after Jack has retired.... :D:D:D:D

I just wish we could see them together in Season 9!!! RDA should do a few more scenes for later on in Season 9! we can't cope with just seeing him at the start then never again!!
*gets down on her knees and begs*
i was wondering about them putting CJ after Threads because isn't when Jack was supposed to meet with a CIA agent named "Johnson"? because in Threads he had a relationship-of sorts-with Kerry Johnson-therer are two?

nell
June 27th, 2005, 03:59 AM
Good Morning,
Somebody please put me out of my misery! :S Is my attempt at a humorous yet accurate countdown making sense? I don't want to leave anybody out but this Time Zone thingy is challenging!! :eek: Hee, hee!! Have a nice day!! Go Sam and Jack!! :D

Oma-1
June 27th, 2005, 05:12 AM
Pittsburghgirl - that's what I thought too. Kerry's first mentioned in Citizen Joe - so that when we find out Jack's seeing her we know who she is.

Also, if Citizen is after Threads, what's the big deal with Joe saying how Jack feels about Sam, cos Sam and the rest of SG-1 already know!

So is it MGM not making sense, or us? :p

barb69
June 27th, 2005, 05:57 AM
hi fellow shippers
I see joes been busy. Some hope atlast.

He acknowleged my question but didnt answer it, never mind.

have to go get the ankle bitters from school.

speak to all later.

barb
liverpool home of the champions of europe.

pittsburghgirl
June 27th, 2005, 06:09 AM
Pittsburghgirl - that's what I thought too. Kerry's first mentioned in Citizen Joe - so that when we find out Jack's seeing her we know who she is.

Also, if Citizen is after Threads, what's the big deal with Joe saying how Jack feels about Sam, cos Sam and the rest of SG-1 already know!

So is it MGM not making sense, or us? :p
uh-we are. scifi has a habit of mixing up episodes as well-they put fail safe on before summit and the last stand-so the better to confuse us. and it is probable that they are confused as well because if I remember correctly before 8 started CJ was supposed to come after Threads. so they still might straighten it our ...or not.

sueKay
June 27th, 2005, 06:36 AM
Heya!

Don't think I'm gonna be able to join you again...The screening system in the library's restricting access to forums now, and it keeps blocking my posts. sorry.

sueKay
June 27th, 2005, 06:48 AM
Right...I think it's okay now...Think I can post...hope so!

Joes comments don't surprise me...He seems to be a certain type of shipper...one who is actually reluctant to admit it...I know there's a few big shippers on the forum that don't visit here because they don't want to get 'labelled'

Maybe our determination to stand up for S/J ship's what's got him to change his tune...or maybe the other PTB weren't breathing down his neck.

sueKay
June 27th, 2005, 07:14 AM
Updates -

http://stargateintel.bravehost.com has another new layout with a custom css template (I've been bored) so leave a message in the shout box!

A month's leave, A life's change - my FIRST season nine ship fic!!!!!!! SPOILERS
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2457071/1/

Jack's Big Day - Humourous Jack-centric ship fic.
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2102181/1/

Jack's Big Honkin' Invention - Just what is Jack doing in his basement?????
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2070892/1/

sueKay
June 27th, 2005, 07:52 AM
Well...as usual I'm on...and no-one wants to talk...

Right...I want to read season nine ship scenarios...

...anyone got any???

jack_n_sam147
June 27th, 2005, 08:09 AM
Love your site, suekay! :D

OK, in order to be able to somewhat catch up with you guys, I'll subscribe to this thread. :D

Billie
June 27th, 2005, 08:11 AM
Hi sueKay. I'm floating around, just popped off to the RDA Thunk thread to get my daily fodder :D :D but now I'm back!!
I have a little scenario that I've been mulling on which I will endeavour to translate from my overactive imagination to written word...may take a little while so don't go away!!
Am currently posting and chatting on my mobile (maybe there should be an offence of posting whilst on a mobile phone!! :p )

jack_n_sam147
June 27th, 2005, 08:20 AM
Also, suekay, I just read your fic... it's really good! Is there more yet besides that first section? If o, tell me, and I'll be sure to read it! :D

sueKay
June 27th, 2005, 08:23 AM
there will be updates as soon as...I'm working on all of my stories at the one time, so you'll need to wait and see.

Billie...I don't visit the thunk thread enough ( but I am in a public library) just describe to me how the man is looking!

ses110
June 27th, 2005, 08:24 AM
sueKay it's a sad state of affairs if someone does not want to admit there a Shipper.It's time for the Shippers to stop being treating like a dirty little secret.I still do not know why some peole have such a problem with Ship? IMO Hollywood could use more Ship and the World in general can use more Romance.

sueKay
June 27th, 2005, 08:29 AM
Couldn't agree with you more

But I can understand why some people are loathe to admit to being shippers (hence why lurkers exist in the first place)

After I arrived proclaiming I was a shipper, a began to go to other forums, because I'm a stargate fan first, a shipper second. But when I went to other forums with the same attitude, I found myself cast out in a sense. I was lucky I came to GW first...If I'd went to one of the other forums that's not as ship friendly...I might have kept my shippiness a secret. It's a sad, but true fact.

sueKay
June 27th, 2005, 08:32 AM
Well...cheers me dears!

Until (hopefully) Wednesday,

KEEP ON SHIPPIN'!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Billie
June 27th, 2005, 08:41 AM
Well...cheers me dears!

Oh no sueKay have you gone???? I think we need to get some shipper funds together to sort you out home shipper access, libraries are handy but not the best for 24/7 shipping!! (just playing the 'how many times can you get the word ship/shipper/shipping in one sentance game!!). Was all ready with your requested RDA thunking taster...never mind I'll just spend more time perfecting it!

ses110
June 27th, 2005, 08:47 AM
It gets real tiring having to defend being a Shipper.I just wish TPTB had the guts to come out from the start and tell eveyone the Sam and Jack Ship will be a part of the Show.It's no mistake TPTB had the intention to Ship Sam and Jack from the very start.It's sad to say but one good thing about RDA not being around for S9 is that the Ship will not be used as a scapegoat to what's wrong with this Show like in the past.

pittsburghgirl
June 27th, 2005, 09:00 AM
ses110-applause applause. it seems as if we have become the shows' bast**d step child. -it amazes me that the J/S relationship has been blamed for the poor writing of the last two seasons. the show losts its focus and they lay it squarely at the feet of the shippers-as if we only watch the show for that. If that was all i watched it for-i wouldn't have been watching it from 5 on. And the complaint that the ship was turned up in season 7-yeah-if you like Jack shutting Sam down and her infatuation with a stalker major ship stakes.

Billie
June 27th, 2005, 09:02 AM
It gets real tiring having to defend being a Shipper.I just wish TPTB had the guts to come out from the start and tell eveyone the Sam and Jack Ship will be a part of the Show.It's no mistake TPTB had the intention to Ship Sam and Jack from the very start.It's sad to say but one good thing about RDA not being around for S9 is that the Ship will not be used as a scapegoat to what's wrong with this Show like in the past.
I agree ses110. They definitely had the intention from the outset. I was browsing through my favourite sg1 pics and came across the publicity shot of jack and sam kissing (it was either s2 or s3). Why would they put that out if the ship were not intentional?
They obviously figured out early on that the shipper fans made up a large proportion of the shows fanbase and so exploited that by dangling the carrot to keep us watching. Its about time they finally admitted it and gave us the respect we deserve by providing suitable shippy closure.

jay
June 27th, 2005, 09:05 AM
some one asked if scifi would show the 90 min version of threads on their marathon, i checked out their schedule and shows threads airing for only 60 mins. they're showing that episode from 8 to 9pm. which sucks because i truely think the 90 min is sooo much better.

jay
June 27th, 2005, 09:12 AM
with my birthday being july 27 im kinda excited about shipper day being like a late birthday gift to me. i have no clue how you guys celebrate shipper day but im still really excited. :)

ChevronSeven
June 27th, 2005, 09:47 AM
Fly by post!

http://img125.echo.cx/img125/5161/rickamandagracebw7hk.jpg

Billie
June 27th, 2005, 10:12 AM
Well...as usual I'm on...and no-one wants to talk...

Right...I want to read season nine ship scenarios...

...anyone got any???

Yep, here's one!

Whilst on a mission with the newly reformed SG1 (boo...no RDA :( )Sam is captured.

Jack is called to the SGC where he’s told that Sam has been captured and that the Goauld responsible will only negotiate with him for her release. Coordinates have been sent with instructions for Jack to gate there alone, any deviation from these instructions will result in Sam suffering a very painful and slow death.

Jack goes through the stargate to the coordinates and upon arrival comes face to face with Baal… :eek: :eek:

Shippy aspects

1. An entire episode devoted to Jack and Sam (shipper heaven!!)
2. Jack wrestling with his feelings when he finds out that Sam has been captured (with lots of shots of those adorable chocolate brown eyes!!)
3. Sams reaction when she sees her beloved Jack coming to save her (my hero...big sigh)
4. Jack and Sam together on the planet in adjoining cells but kept apart by a force field (sound familiar!!)
5. Plenty of time for a much needed and long awaited ‘we really really may not make it out of this one and so to hell with the regs…I love you’ moment ;) ;)

:D :D :D :D

Bring it on!!!!!!!!!!

Hope I haven't plagiarised anyones fanfic, if so apologies and could you let me know coz I'd really like to read it!

Billie
June 27th, 2005, 10:51 AM
with my birthday being july 27 im kinda excited about shipper day being like a late birthday gift to me. i have no clue how you guys celebrate shipper day but im still really excited. :)

Can't beat that for a late birthday pressie that for sure....lucky lucky you!!
I also have yet to experience the shipper day celebrations and so await in anticipation :D :D

However having lurked for a while before joining the family I'm guessing that blue jello and shipper cookies are somehow part of the festivities....anyone wish to drop a few tasters for me and jay???

Oma-1
June 27th, 2005, 12:26 PM
Yep, here's one!

Whilst on a mission with the newly reformed SG1 (boo...no RDA :( )Sam is captured.

Jack is called to the SGC where he’s told that Sam has been captured and that the Goauld responsible will only negotiate with him for her release. Coordinates have been sent with instructions for Jack to gate there alone, any deviation from these instructions will result in Sam suffering a very painful and slow death.

Jack goes through the stargate to the coordinates and upon arrival comes face to face with Baal… :eek: :eek:

Shippy aspects

2. Jack wrestling with his feelings when he finds out that Sam has been captured (with lots of shots of those adorable chocolate brown eyes!!)
3. Sams reaction when she sees her beloved Jack coming to save her (my hero...big sigh)
4. Jack and Sam together on the planet in adjoining cells but kept apart by a force field (sound familiar!!)
5. Plenty of time for a much needed and long awaited ‘we really really may not make it out of this one and so to hell with the regs…I love you’ moment ;) ;)

Bring it on!!!!!!!!!!

Hope I haven't plagiarised anyones fanfic, if so apologies and could you let me know coz I'd really like to read it!
Love the idea Billie! It has all my fave elements - S/J ship & Ba'al :D I foresee lots of sarcastic discussion occurring too :p Maybe you could post it on sueKay's S9 thread too.

Gatetrixer
June 27th, 2005, 12:34 PM
Call me crazy, but I decided to do some reading on Air Force fraternization policies tonight......and if Jack goes to Homeworld Security.....I don't think they apply to Sam & Jack any more. The Regs are in italics.

Here's the definition for Fraternization:

Fraternization, as defined by the Manual for Courts-martial, is a personal relationship between an officer and an enlisted member that violates the customary bounds of acceptable behavior in the Air Force and prejudices good order and discipline, discredits the armed services, or operates to the personal disgrace or dishonor of the officer involved. The custom recognizes that officers will not form personal relationships with enlisted members on terms of military equality, whether on or off-duty.

This specifies relationships between officers and enlisted members. That NEVER applied to Sam and Jack.

Dating and Close Friendships. Dating, courtship, and close friendships between men and women are subject to the same policy considerations as are other relationships. Like any personal relationship, they become matters of official concern when they adversely affect morale, discipline, unit cohesion, respect for authority, or mission accomplishment. Members must recognize that these relationships can adversely affect morale and discipline, even when the members are not in the same chain of command or unit. The formation of such relationships between superiors and subordinates within the same chain of command or supervision is prohibited because such relationships invariably raise the perception of favoritism or misuse of position and erode morale, discipline and unit cohesion.

Relationships between officers in the same chain of command are prohibited, because it says "superiors and subordinates." Relationships between officers of different ranks are not, per se, prohibited. When Jack was Sam's CO, it applied. Does it now, that he will be in D.C. at another agency? Maybe he could indirectly have an impact on her career if she stays in the military, but he sure would be far-removed.

Just asking. I'm sure there are people out there who know more about military regs than I do (almost anyone would), but that's how it reads to me. I'm just wondering if someone with military experience would like to weigh in on this.

However, I still think the President would grant them an exception. After all, how many times to you have to save the planet to get a favor?

I think it would be silly to interpret that the Director of Homeworld Security is prohibited from having a relationship with ANYONE at Stargate, except maybe Gen. Landry!!!!!!!!!! Is the President of the United States, as Commander in Chief, if single, prohibited from a relationship with anyone of all the service people in the Army, Navy, Marine Corps and Coast Guard? I think not.

Oma-1
June 27th, 2005, 12:44 PM
Well folks, I think we finally have our answer as to why the ship in SG-1 is so hit and miss - with no real resolution or dedication to it.

Check out this q&a from Joe's thread. (http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost.php?p=4326260&postcount=1577)

So lets keep being extra nice to Joe, and good things may keep coming our way ;)

When you realise that none of the other ptb are shippers, makes me kinda grateful we've had so much - and that it hasn't been dropped altogether. I guess that it does show that us shippers have influence and tptb don't want to alienate us.

dipsofjazz
June 27th, 2005, 12:49 PM
Well folks, I think we finally have our answer as to why the ship in SG-1 is so hit and miss - with no real resolution or dedication to it.

Check out this q&a from Joe's thread. (http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost.php?p=4326260&postcount=1577)

So lets keep being extra nice to Joe, and good things may keep coming our way ;)

When you realise that none of the other ptb are shippers, makes me kinda grateful we've had so much - and that it hasn't been dropped altogether. I guess that it does show that us shippers have influence and tptb don't want to alienate us.
I don't think we need to worry too much. Joe is being his usual vague self. The question also mentions Daniel/Vala, so he may have just been answering this part.

Oma-1
June 27th, 2005, 12:53 PM
Watched Paradise Lost earlier today on SkyOne Mix. I LOVE that ep! Obviously I love the shippy bits with Sam / Teal'c in the locker room, Sam having a go at Dr Lee, Sam suggesting they send a satellite up to look for Jack, Jack's absolute faith that they would be found .... I could go on.....

I also love the fact that Jack finally gets to shoot Harry. Very long overdue IMO :D

Oma-1
June 27th, 2005, 12:57 PM
I don't think we need to worry too much. Joe is being his usual vague self. The question also mentions Daniel/Vala, so he may have just been answering this part.
"Very tactful" was my first thought :p

You're right Bev, I don't think we need to worry either. I found it really interesting that S4 was brought to us by a bunch of non-believers :p Can you imagine how S4 would have gone if all tptb were shippers!?!?!?! :D

Oma-1
June 27th, 2005, 01:07 PM
Can't beat that for a late birthday pressie that for sure....lucky lucky you!!
I also have yet to experience the shipper day celebrations and so await in anticipation :D :D

However having lurked for a while before joining the family I'm guessing that blue jello and shipper cookies are somehow part of the festivities....anyone wish to drop a few tasters for me and jay???

Since you ask so nicely :D

http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/36/36_1_72.gif

http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/12/12_4_22.gif http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/5/5_8_5.gif

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v685/Oma-1/bluejelloco.pnghttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v685/Oma-1/purplejello2.jpg

and to wash it all down http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v685/Oma-1/drshipper.bmp

Just a little taster of the treats. As for the rest ..... roll on July 28th :D

ses110
June 27th, 2005, 02:31 PM
I Loved that episodes as well and that was the Sam I loved as well.I loved how Sam got in Dr.Lee Face and was not afraid to step on some Toes.I though the Sam in Season 7 and 8 lost that spark.I hated how Sam acted with Baal in Reckoning.Jacob had a look on his face like he wanted to Kill Baal and Sam did not even defend Jack after Baal insulted Jack.I know Sam was on a mission but Baal is the one who Killed Jack over and over and it would have been nice to see the Sam from Paradise Lost and let Baal have it.

jay
June 27th, 2005, 02:57 PM
hey Oma, thanx for the little mid-day snack. i love blue jello. i gotta ask how you get those little animations. when ever i see something like that they always crack me up. lol

Oma-1
June 27th, 2005, 03:03 PM
I Loved that episodes as well and that was the Sam I loved as well.I loved how Sam got in Dr.Lee Face and was not afraid to step on some Toes.I thought the Sam in Season 7 and 8 lost that spark.I hated how Sam acted with Baal in Reckoning.Jacob had a look on his face like he wanted to Kill Baal and Sam did not even defend Jack after Baal insulted Jack.I know Sam was on a mission but Baal is the one who Killed Jack over and over and it would have been nice to see the Sam from Paradise Lost and let Baal have it.

Couldn't agree with you more. I think this ep showed Sam's strength of character and her depth of feeling for Jack.

Initially when she returns to the SGC she feels guilt - Harry took her zat so the whole thing was her fault.

Then she shows her desperation to find a solution when she gets in Dr Lee's face.

Next she shows her focus and drive in trying to come up with other solutions - and again, desperation when suggesting the satellite.

Depth of emotion when she says to Hammond you can't put a price on Colonel O'Neill when he suggests the cost to be prohibitive.

Then she comes up with the solution. Focus, dedication, love. She never gave up.

I also like the faith that Jack shows in Sam while patiently waiting for rescue. He knows Sam will never give up looking for them and finding a way to reach them. He finally laid to rest anger I felt at Hundred Days :p

So many reasons to love this ep. I just wish we'd seen the reunion too.

Oma-1
June 27th, 2005, 03:06 PM
I was thinking a lot about this ep tonight (gotta have some fun doing the washing up :p ) and eventually came up with this.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v685/Oma-1/pl.png

pittsburghgirl
June 27th, 2005, 03:13 PM

well in that case i suppose then that those self same writers ought not to be surprised if we are equally as ambivelent about season 9.
I suppose JM probably gets tired of swimming against the tide-heck i Know I do. But again my frustration stems from why start something if you had/have no itention of following through. I would have prefered a Captain Samuel Carter or have Dr. Samantha Carter in the lab and have the friendly flirtation/angst or whatever coming from that direction instead of making her a member of the team and doing it.

Sam_o_Neill
June 27th, 2005, 03:20 PM
i was wondering about them putting CJ after Threads because isn't when Jack was supposed to meet with a CIA agent named "Johnson"? because in Threads he had a relationship-of sorts-with Kerry Johnson-therer are two?

oh! I forgot about that....:S oh well my plan seemed good for a few minutes at least :P The Johnson he was on about was Kerry so Citizen Joe was definately before Threads, dvd people must have just got it mixed up..
Thanks for pointing it out :)

Oma-1
June 27th, 2005, 03:28 PM
And just how did Jack stay warm at night with no blankets? Snuggle up with Harry??? I don't think so :p Nice warm dreams perhaps?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v685/Oma-1/warm.png

Sam_o_Neill
June 27th, 2005, 03:49 PM
Fly by post!

http://img125.echo.cx/img125/5161/rickamandagracebw7hk.jpg
awww thats lovely Chevron Seven!! :D Perfect image to see just before i go to bed :) I'll have nice shippy dreams tonight.

Sam_o_Neill
June 27th, 2005, 03:52 PM
Yep, here's one!

Shippy aspects

Bring it on!!!!!!!!!!

I would pay a LOT of money to see that!!! its Shipper Heaven! :D

Billie
June 27th, 2005, 03:53 PM
Just a little taster of the treats. As for the rest ..... roll on July 28th :D

Thanks for the taster Oma.....now I really can't wait, and like you say roll on July 28th!! :D :D Better just check my diary coz I'm so hoping I'm not working that day so that I can laze around the shipper pool with blue jello and shipper cookies a plenty!!

Must just say that my flat mate has sellotaped me to the computer desk :o :o ....I think she's somehow got the impression that I spend most of my day here chatting with you guys!! I've absolutely no clue where she gets that idea!! :D :D
I'd also like to point out while I'm on the subject that sellopate on the skin really hurts, ouch!!

Sam_o_Neill
June 27th, 2005, 03:58 PM
I Loved that episodes as well and that was the Sam I loved as well.I loved how Sam got in Dr.Lee Face and was not afraid to step on some Toes.I though the Sam in Season 7 and 8 lost that spark.I hated how Sam acted with Baal in Reckoning.Jacob had a look on his face like he wanted to Kill Baal and Sam did not even defend Jack after Baal insulted Jack.I know Sam was on a mission but Baal is the one who Killed Jack over and over and it would have been nice to see the Sam from Paradise Lost and let Baal have it.

I agree! I would loive to see that angry defensive Sam again!! Especially to do with Jack! Sams character has changed a lot in the last few seasons and some to be honest i haven;t liked much. :S

Billie
June 27th, 2005, 03:58 PM
Love the idea Billie! It has all my fave elements - S/J ship & Ba'al :D I foresee lots of sarcastic discussion occurring too :p Maybe you could post it on sueKay's S9 thread too.

Thanks! Where's sueKays S9 thread?? I had a quick look but no see

Sam_o_Neill
June 27th, 2005, 04:02 PM
And just how did Jack stay warm at night with no blankets? Snuggle up with Harry??? I don't think so :p Nice warm dreams perhaps?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v685/Oma-1/warm.png
Oma those pics are great!! :D When I do finally decide to go to bed I will have to best shippy dreams!! :D:D

Sam_o_Neill
June 27th, 2005, 04:10 PM
Ok, going to go now.....i don't want to but i don't want to wake up with a qwerty keyboard layout printed on the side of my face :p:D:p

I'll be back tomorrow!...actually it is tomorrow! so I guess i'll be back in a few hours!

(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((Shipper Family)))))))))))))))))))))))))
http://forum.gateworld.net/images/gw_icons/stargate.gif http://forum.gateworld.net/images/gw_icons/jack.gif http://forum.gateworld.net/images/gw_icons/heart.gif http://forum.gateworld.net/images/gw_icons/sam.gif http://forum.gateworld.net/images/gw_icons/dhd.gif

divcon
June 27th, 2005, 04:15 PM
GOOD MORNING CAMPERS

But I can understand why some people are loathe to admit to being shippers (hence why lurkers exist in the first place)

After I arrived proclaiming I was a shipper, a began to go to other forums, because I'm a stargate fan first, a shipper second. But when I went to other forums with the same attitude, I found myself cast out in a sense. I was lucky I came to GW first...If I'd went to one of the other forums that's not as ship friendly...I might have kept my shippiness a secret. It's a sad, but true fact.

I must admit I did go elsewhere first(shame on me) but forgive me as I knew no better. They were very anti ship and especially anti Jack/Sam. I kept my obsession quiet whilst I was there but I felt dirty for denying my true self so I came over to the good side when I heard about all the nice shippers that resided in GW. All I can say is HOORAY, I have been saved and my guilt is gone.

GW SHIPPERS, YOU SAVE MY SHIPPER SOUL. :D :D

What a way of waking up, cleansing my soul and telling you all how much you've helped.

nell
June 27th, 2005, 04:52 PM
Hi Shipper Sisters! Well, I'm launching, again :eek: , my new sig pic. Actually, I'm having fun with writing captions. :D I am not a graphic arts person so I depend on words to express my, um, creative side! :rolleyes: So, I hope you enjoy it. ;)

And now it's time for me to remind you all that

If it's June 28 in your part of the world there are 17 days until Season 9 Premiere.
And, if you're in my part of the world, and it's June 27 there are 18 days left.

Hee, hee!! There I go again with that creativity! :D :rolleyes:

divcon
June 27th, 2005, 05:00 PM
Hi Shipper Sisters! Well, I'm launching, again :eek: , my new sig pic. Actually, I'm having fun with writing captions. :D I am not a graphic arts person so I depend on words to express my, um, creative side! :rolleyes: So, I hope you enjoy it. ;)

If it's June 28 in your part of the world there are 17 days until Season 9 Premiere.
And, if you're in my part of the world, and it's June 27 there are 18 days left.

Well Nell, Unless we watch it on the net God knows what our day count will be.

SOMEONE HELP ME! WHERE DO I GO TO WATCH IT ON THE NET!! I JUST DON'T KNOW.

jay
June 27th, 2005, 05:07 PM
you can't forget that theres also only 30 days left to shipper day. i love knowing that probably the best day is only a day after my birthday.

divcon
June 27th, 2005, 05:13 PM
I'll have to make sure that I have a nap during the day so that I can talk to you guys all through the night for shipper day.

nell
June 27th, 2005, 05:28 PM
I'll have to make sure that I have a nap during the day so that I can talk to you guys all through the night for shipper day.

Shipper Day will be new for me, too!! What day of the week is it on? A weekend I hope!

sg-1fanintn
June 27th, 2005, 06:01 PM

I'm sorry to tell you that I checked this out as soon as I heard about the marathon, and the 90-minute version will not air then. After Sci-Fi ran the butchered version recently, I fired off a scathing e-mail to them lamenting the edits and asking that they rerun the original episode (If they don't, it's not a "rerun," is it?). Then I found the sked for the marathon.

Also, they're not running all 20 eps. No, they've picked 15 of the 20 to run, and some of those will repeat. Go figure. I can't remember all of the eps that won't be in the marathon, but I'm almost certain that Zero Hour and Icon are among them.

Watched Paradise Lost earlier today on SkyOne Mix. I LOVE that ep! Obviously I love the shippy bits with Sam / Teal'c in the locker room, Sam having a go at Dr Lee, Sam suggesting they send a satellite up to look for Jack, Jack's absolute faith that they would be found .... I could go on.....

I also love the fact that Jack finally gets to shoot Harry. Very long overdue IMO :D

Ooooohhhhh......I wanted to hurry home from work to see Paradise Lost again, because it had been so long since I had seen it. But an emergency came up 15 minutes before the end of the day and I had to work 30 minutes late. Thank goodness for video tape! I hated leaving Jack alone with Maybourne.

By the way, my shippy hubby (who I've almost Sam & Jacked to death lately) called me today from a national retailer, where he had found Season 1-5 DVDs for just $31 per season! If it's ok to put up the name of the retailer here, I will. Would someone who has been around longer please advise me on whether that's proper? I'll post when I find out either way. If it's not ok to post the name, those who are interested can always PM me.

divcon
June 27th, 2005, 06:02 PM
Shipper Day will be new for me, too!! What day of the week is it on? A weekend I hope!

From previous posts it looks like it's on the 28th July which is a Thrusday, so that means a VERY early Friday morning for me if I want to join in the shippyness that is shipper day. I'll have to mark it on my calander so I don't forget.

divcon
June 27th, 2005, 06:08 PM
By the way, my shippy hubby (who I've almost Sam & Jacked to death lately) called me today from a national retailer, where he had found Season 1-5 DVDs for just $31 per season! If it's ok to put up the name of the retailer here, I will. Would someone who has been around longer please advise me on whether that's proper? I'll post when I find out either way. If it's not ok to post the name, those who are interested can always PM me.

WOW, the exchange rate kills me. I pay up to $AUD80 for a box set and if I"m lucky I can buy them on sale for around $AUD75, that is unless I want to wait for a few years before I buy them and then they are still over $AUD50.

nell
June 27th, 2005, 06:08 PM
From previous posts it looks like it's on the 28th July which is a Thrusday, so that means a VERY early Friday morning for me if I want to join in the shippyness that is shipper day. I'll have to mark it on my calander so I don't forget.

Thanks! Unfortunately, I can't ship from work! :( So, I'll ship extra Thursday night!!! :D

nell
June 27th, 2005, 06:13 PM
ALERT ALL SHIPPERS!!!! OUR PAL JOE'S ON RIGHT NOW!!!

sg-1fanintn
June 27th, 2005, 06:39 PM
WOW, the exchange rate kills me. I pay up to $AUD80 for a box set and if I"m lucky I can buy them on sale for around $AUD75, that is unless I want to wait for a few years before I buy them and then they are still over $AUD50.

Full retail here is about $70......but I have seen individual seasons for about $50 before.....but never for $31......

nell
June 27th, 2005, 07:05 PM
Golly, where is everybody?! :eek: I am getting ready to Squee :D after reading Joe's response to SueKay on page 81. He is really friendly to all and generous with his answers, I think!! I guess he's shaking up some excitement for the show in a little over two weeks for the premiere!!! It's working!! :D

LadyJeep
June 27th, 2005, 07:15 PM

I know what you mean sueKay. I came from another BBoard and was really glad to find this forum. We shippers were not treated with any kind of respect at the other place. I am so happy to be here and have had so much fun. I think this place is great! :D

divcon
June 27th, 2005, 07:28 PM
Golly, where is everybody?! :eek: I am getting ready to Squee :D after reading Joe's response to SueKay on page 81. He is really friendly to all and generous with his answers, I think!! I guess he's shaking up some excitement for the show in a little over two weeks for the premiere!!! It's working!! :D

Hey nell, I'll Sq u ee with you over that answer as well. I keep popping back in there to check out his answers. I love how he replied to being asked to come to shipper day. I hope he can convince more of the writers to write ship in the future.

nell
June 27th, 2005, 07:42 PM
Hey nell, I'll Sq u ee with you over that answer as well. I keep popping back in there to check out his answers. I love how he replied to being asked to come to shipper day. I hope he can convince more of the writers to write ship in the future.

divcon,

Joe must be sitting back with his laptop and eating his Ben & Jerry's while reading through all our *questions* and having a great ole time responding!! I'm guessing that Season 9 is really looking good and he's feeling fine!!! After all he is the Executive Producer. He's got lots and lots and lots of stresses in producing Stargate! If things are going poorly, he probably can't eat enough Ben & Jerry's to make himself feel good! So, I'm thinking he's basking in the light of a likely successful Season 9. Not to mention ****SQUEE**** the upcoming possibilities for us Shippers!!!!

jay
June 27th, 2005, 07:49 PM
i have a question about shipper day and it may seem stupid to some of you so i hope you don't strike me down with lighting but why was july 28 picked as shipper day? i mean did something happen in the stargate universe or what?

majorsal
June 27th, 2005, 07:52 PM
Right...I think it's okay now...Think I can post...hope so!

Joes comments don't surprise me...He seems to be a certain type of shipper...one who is actually reluctant to admit it...I know there's a few big shippers on the forum that don't visit here because they don't want to get 'labelled'

Maybe our determination to stand up for S/J ship's what's got him to change his tune...or maybe the other PTB weren't breathing down his neck.

joe's always been a shipper. and i'm not guessing.

sally :)

divcon
June 27th, 2005, 08:17 PM
i have a question about shipper day and it may seem stupid to some of you so i hope you don't strike me down with lighting but why was july 28 picked as shipper day? i mean did something happen in the stargate universe or what?

Hey jay, I've been kinda wondering that myself? Only been here a few weeks and I feel like a little kid, not knowing everything that is going on around me but shippers help shippers and I'm sure someone will enlighten us soon enough. :)

majorsal
June 27th, 2005, 08:19 PM

joe's, "Its safe to say the rest of the writing staff is pretty ambivalent on the subject." is no surprise to me. in that i mean, they've been saying/showing this for years. and with their ambivalence, we've still gotten some GREAT things over time! :D and remember, ambivalence means: undecided, or with two points of view. that's been our ptb for years! :p

and what makes you think none of the others ptb are shippers?

divcon
June 27th, 2005, 08:21 PM
divcon,

Joe must be sitting back with his laptop and eating his Ben & Jerry's while reading through all our *questions* and having a great ole time responding!! I'm guessing that Season 9 is really looking good and he's feeling fine!!! After all he is the Executive Producer. He's got lots and lots and lots of stresses in producing Stargate! If things are going poorly, he probably can't eat enough Ben & Jerry's to make himself feel good! So, I'm thinking he's basking in the light of a likely successful Season 9. Not to mention ****SQUEE**** the upcoming possibilities for us Shippers!!!!

What's 'Ben & Jerry'.?????????????

ONLY KIDDING, it's some sort of ice-cream right. Is it good? We can't get it down here. Is it any different to normal ice-cream or IS IT normal ice-cream and just known by it's brand name. Sorry, completely off topic.

nell
June 27th, 2005, 08:50 PM
What's 'Ben & Jerry'.?????????????

ONLY KIDDING, it's some sort of ice-cream right. Is it good? We can't get it down here. Is it any different to normal ice-cream or IS IT normal ice-cream and just known by it's brand name. Sorry, completely off topic.

Ben & Jerry's are yummy pint-size cartons of ice cream, frozen yougurt, low-fat, low carb or whatever. My husband ONLY eats New York Super Fudge Chunk. I experiment with Fossil Fuel, Chunky Monkey, and Cherry Garcia to name a few!! Joe's gotta be OK if he likes Ben & Jerry's!!

From Majorsal--joe's, "Its safe to say the rest of the writing staff is pretty ambivalent on the subject." is no surprise to me. in that i mean, they've been saying/showing this for years. and with their ambivalence, we've still gotten some GREAT things over time! and remember, ambivalence means: undecided, or with two points of view. that's been our ptb for years!

and what makes you think none of the others ptb are shippers?

sally

Addendum to my post above: I can be just as ambivalent about Joe and TPTB!! Right now, Joe's OK!! But, look out if he teases too much and not deliver! **Stomps foot** **Makes face** **Turns on heel and walks out****************************Turns around and clicks on "Submit Reply"** :rolleyes:

gatebee
Well...cheers me dears!

SueKay , sorry I missed you again. RL has been busy of late . Well see you around the forum or SI.

majorsal

yes, i squeed too! :D

gatebee
June 27th, 2005, 08:58 PM
pic fr Mala
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v205/FilBrit1/SamJack_FishEnd.jpg
SHIPPER'S DAY

nell
June 27th, 2005, 09:17 PM
pic fr Mala
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v205/FilBrit1/SamJack_FishEnd.jpg[SHIPPER'S DAY

gatebee,

Thanks soooo much for sharing Mala's pic! :) Mmmmmmmm! Sooo Romantic!! :p Now off to Beddy-Bye!! ;)

divcon
June 27th, 2005, 09:19 PM
GOODNIGHT NELL!

Have some great shiper dreams. Dream big and then share them with all of us tomorrow. You know we live for ship and when it comes from our fellow shippers all the better.

majorsal
June 27th, 2005, 09:20 PM
pic fr Mala

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v205/FilBrit1/SamJack_FishEnd.jpg

SHIPPER'S DAY

did mala manipulate this pic? i'm asking, because... if you look at the fish popping out, and then look at the water spirts... the spirts are shaped like a heart. did mala do that, or is is real?

*i hope i'm seeing this pic right*

gatebee
June 27th, 2005, 09:21 PM
did mala manipulate this pic? i'm asking, because... if you look at the fish popping out, and then look at the water spirts... the spirts are shaped like a heart. did mala do that, or is is real?

*i hope i'm seeing this pic right*

wow you got it ...Yes Mala manip pic it and a very good one at that too. Can you notice what Mala actually did.

Ya Mala did the fish spray to a heart shape and she moved Sam and Jack closer together

gatebee
June 27th, 2005, 09:25 PM
Majorsal ... the reason I was disturbed by the tv guide picture of Sam with Mitchell is because it only means that TPTB will be dragging their feet on the ship.
They will be giving Sam different kinds of guys to focus at rather than with Jack. As I had mentioned , TPTB will drag the ship ... to the last season ... to the last episode and to the last 10 minutes of the hour long ep if we are lucky. I feel we should have more than that.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v205/FilBrit1/tvguide26jf.jpg
originally picture of Amanda with BB in a TV guide ... cut of BB of course

divcon
June 27th, 2005, 09:26 PM
I've got a question to ask. In WoO, when Sam is talking about Travelling back to 1969, Jack replies that it was a good year. Did he mean because they'd been there or, as I think, is it because that is when Sam was born? I don't think I've ever known when Sam was born. In '1969' Daniel says he was 4 1/2 in 1969. Is he older than Sam or am I completely wrong in the way I have perceived that scene.

The topic of the age difference has been mentioned a few times, we assume that Jack is in his fifties and Sam to be in her thirties but I can't ever remember being told for sure how old they were.

Ayway, age is of no consequence to the ship. Think of all the lessons Jack could give Sam. ;) ;) ( mmmm the mind boggles!) :D :rolleyes:

majorsal
June 27th, 2005, 09:42 PM
Majorsal ... the reason I was disturbed by the tv guide picture of Sam with Mitchell is because it only means that TPTB will be dragging their feet on the ship.
They will be giving Sam different kinds of guys to focus at rather than with Jack. As I had mentioned , TPTB will drag the ship ... to the last season ... to the last episode and to the last 10 minutes of the hour long ep if we are lucky. I feel we should have more than that.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v205/FilBrit1/tvguide26jf.jpg

originally picture of Amanda with BB in a TV guide ... cut of BB of course

i see what you're saying, gatebee, but i know they're not shipping sam with mitchell. they're not going to ship sam with anyone but jack from now on. 'threads' took care of that issue, once and for all.

strictly as a sam fan, i was VERY happy with that pic (even with bb being in it too). sam/amanda is being promoted. finally. ;)

gatebee, hon, don't worry about them hooking sam up with anyone else. joe said so himself that they're not (in his usual ambiguous way of course :p).

(((gatebee)))

majorsal
June 27th, 2005, 09:44 PM
I've got a question to ask. In WoO, when Sam is talking about Travelling back to 1969, Jack replies that it was a good year. Did he mean because they'd been there or, as I think, is it because that is when Sam was born? I don't think I've ever known when Sam was born. In '1969' Daniel says he was 4 1/2 in 1969. Is he older than Sam or am I completely wrong in the way I have perceived that scene.

The topic of the age difference has been mentioned a few times, we assume that Jack is in his fifties and Sam to be in her thirties but I can't ever remember being told for sure how old they were.

Ayway, age is of no consequence to the ship. Think of all the lessons Jack could give Sam. ;) ;) ( mmmm the mind boggles!) :D :rolleyes:

i always took jack's like of the year '69 in a sexual reference type of way... my mind's always splashing in the gutter. :p

divcon
June 27th, 2005, 09:47 PM
i always took jack's like of the year '69 in a sexual reference type of way... my mind's always splashing in the gutter. :p

That's fine Sal, mind if I join you in the shallow end? :D :D

gatebee
June 27th, 2005, 09:49 PM
i see what you're saying, gatebee, but i know they're not shipping sam with mitchell. they're not going to ship sam with anyone but jack from now on. 'threads' took care of that issue, once and for all.

strictly as a sam fan, i was VERY happy with that pic (even with bb being in it too). sam/amanda is being promoted. finally. ;)

gatebee, hon, don't worry about them hooking sam up with anyone else. joe said so himself that they're not (in his usual ambiguous way of course :p).

(((gatebee)))

thanks Majorsal for the assurance. But until I see a ring on Sam's finger and it is because of Jack.... nothing is set in stone

gatebee
June 27th, 2005, 09:50 PM

I totally agree ... 1969 was the sexual revolution .... I am sure Jack being Jack was referring to that

divcon
June 27th, 2005, 10:01 PM
Hey Gatebee.
Sam wouldn't wear a ring to the base. So they could actually already be engaged but we wouldn't know about it. Of course Daniel and Teal'c would know but no-one else. At least that way when we have the big wedding at the end of the season (hint hint ptb, fingers crossed) it can be explained that Sam and Jack have been engaged all the time but didn't want to lose her engagement ring off-world. :cool: :D

gatebee
June 27th, 2005, 10:05 PM
Hey Gatebee.
Sam wouldn't wear a ring to the base. So they could actually already be engaged but we wouldn't know about it. Of course Daniel and Teal'c would know but no-one else. At least that way when we have the big wedding at the end of the season (hint hint ptb, fingers crossed) it can be explained that Sam and Jack have been engaged all the time but didn't want to lose her engagement ring off-world. :cool: :D
you are right , Sam and Jack would not wear a ring to base. But maybe once they finish one of their missions and they are in the locker room. As they finish dressing the last thing they do before they close their locker is get their respective wedding rings nad put them on. And we see them walk into the elevator with their wedding rings on and a big smile on their faces.

majorsal
June 27th, 2005, 10:05 PM
Hey Gatebee.

i like that explanation! :D

hope is good. ;)

Billie
June 27th, 2005, 10:07 PM

You know what they say....the pen is mightier than the sword, so scribe on nell!!
Only 17 days to go, am soooo envious of you guys. It's such a long time till October :( :(

divcon
June 27th, 2005, 10:25 PM
(((((((((((((((((((((BILLIE))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

Glad to see you back.

Oma-1
June 27th, 2005, 11:49 PM

I always thought that ref to 1969 was a fond memory of a mission where he got to spend lots of time with Sam on that (s)hippy bus, around the camp fire and all the fun they had on that mission. I'm sure they managed to sneak in a few of those adoring looks and moments alone that we all love :D

florence
June 28th, 2005, 12:18 AM

Ship Day is on 28th July because that's when Divide and Conquer first aired in US.

If you want to know what happens on Ship Day, have a look here (http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=2698) :)

divcon
June 28th, 2005, 02:32 AM
Ship Day is on 28th July because that's when Divide and Conquer first aired in US.

If you want to know what happens on Ship Day, have a look here (http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=2698) :)

Thanks for the heads up florence, I'll have to make sure I stay awake or alternatively have a nap during the day so I don't miss all the great shippyness that is Ship Day.

It was such a sad day
When Jack went away
But who knew that the man
Was off buying a ring
So he could propose to Sam.

Ok so some lines don't exactly rhyme but who cares.

divcon
June 28th, 2005, 06:15 AM
Hellllllooooooooooooo!!! Anyone out there? *divcon taps the monitor screen*. No, ok I guess I'll have to move the ship up the line.

jay
June 28th, 2005, 07:01 AM
for any 1 who reads fanfics, do you know if the great author Sally Reeve have stopped writing? i love her stories but she hasn't wrote any thing for almost 2 years now.

jay
June 28th, 2005, 07:02 AM
hey divcon, don't know if your still here but im here with you if you are.

sg-1fanintn
June 28th, 2005, 07:28 AM
I always thought that ref to 1969 was a fond memory of a mission where he got to spend lots of time with Sam on that (s)hippy bus, around the camp fire and all the fun they had on that mission. I'm sure they managed to sneak in a few of those adoring looks and moments alone that we all love :D

Yes! Of course, Oma-1! I bet you're right. Being close to Jack's vintage (about five years younger), I had always just assumed that he meant 1969 was a good year because there was so much change going on and he was a young guy then and enjoying his life......but I bet you're absolutely right! And I love that interpretation!

Looks like some good discussion went on here last night after I went to bed, too. Sorry I missed you, MajorSal and gatebee. Midnight Central Time is just a little too late on week nights when you have to get up at 6:00a! *sighs, resolves to buy Powerball tickets tonight*

Just checking in. Gotta get back to work. See you guys later!

pittsburghgirl
June 28th, 2005, 07:30 AM
for any 1 who reads fanfics, do you know if the great author Sally Reeve have stopped writing? i love her stories but she hasn't wrote any thing for almost 2 years now.
i believe she is doing the stargate novels under Sally Malcom-if anyone out there knows for sure-but i think that is what is up with her.

girlgater
June 28th, 2005, 07:32 AM
Morning everybody.

I'm delurking long enough to say Hi and mention that Metamorphosis comes on SciFi tonight. It's a really good episode for those who haven't seen it--and quite shippy too!

jack_n_sam147
June 28th, 2005, 07:55 AM
Um... I don't know how to subscribe, actually. :D I said I would, so I want to. Will someone please PM me?

florence
June 28th, 2005, 07:59 AM
i believe she is doing the stargate novels under Sally Malcom-if anyone out there knows for sure-but i think that is what is up with her.

Yes, she wrote the SG novel "A Matter of Honor" under the name of Sally Malcolm. Excellent book, the best one of the series IMO :)
The sequel should ship out at the end of august (informations here (http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=12095))

sg-1fanintn
June 28th, 2005, 08:06 AM
Um... I don't know how to subscribe, actually. :D I said I would, so I want to. Will someone please PM me?

Since we have several newbies right now, I thought I'd just put this on the page, instead of PM-ing the info to you. At the top of the page, right above the messages, is a box that says "Thread Tools." Click on it, and then click, "Subscribe to this thread."

Once you do that, this thread will be listed (and bolded when there are new posts) under "My Controls."

pittsburghgirl
June 28th, 2005, 08:11 AM
Yes, she wrote the SG novel "A Matter of Honor" under the name of Sally Malcolm. Excellent book, the best one of the series IMO :)
The sequel should ship out at the end of august (informations here (http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=12095))
you are so right-that was the best out of them-I cannot wait until the second part comes out-she really nailed the characters-if anyone hasn't read Matter of Honor-I recommend it very highly. I think that Amazon in Canada is supposed to be carrying it too-but i haven't seen it listed yet. anybody know for sure?

jack_n_sam147
June 28th, 2005, 08:20 AM
Thanks, sg-1fanintn! :D

nickatell
June 28th, 2005, 08:46 AM
I know that everyone seems kind of excited about Season 9 which I totally understand if your favorite character isn't Jack O'Neill but don't you guys have reservations about the ship between Jack and Sam? I mean Jack is only going to be in two episodes both of which Sam will not be in and from what I read in the Ask Joe Thread it seems unlikely that Jack will return for any of the later episodes in Season 9, so what are we hoping to get? At best Joe said there might be a reference or something like that in one episode (I forget the title), correct me if I am wrong but don't we already know that Jack and Sam are just there for each other now until the regs are gone or is that what we are watching that particular episode for, confirmation? I guess what I am asking, is that all we are expecting? I guess I can't help but feel how convenient it is that this particular episode is the last episode of the first half or pretty darn close, hoping to possibly hook the shippers in to the new characters. I know RDA said to leave the door open for O'Neill but once we are hooked on the new characters (so they hope) would we really care if O'Neill returned or not and in what capacity could he possibly return? Look what TPTB have done to me, I am constantly looking around corners, second guessing everything and searching for the REAL truth. I guess I am just tired of being the pawn, and of course if AT and RDA were going to be in the same episodes together, you better believe that I would be the first person to be tuning in...but... Just watching the shippers backs!

dmovies
June 28th, 2005, 10:08 AM
I know that everyone seems kind of excited about Season 9 which I totally understand if your favorite character isn't Jack O'Neill but don't you guys have reservations about the ship between Jack and Sam? I mean Jack is only going to be in two episodes both of which Sam will not be in and from what I read in the Ask Joe Thread it seems unlikely that Jack will return for any of the later episodes in Season 9, so what are we hoping to get? At best Joe said there might be a reference or something like that in one episode (I forget the title), correct me if I am wrong but don't we already know that Jack and Sam are just there for each other now until the regs are gone or is that what we are watching that particular episode for, confirmation? I guess what I am asking, is that all we are expecting? I guess I can't help but feel how convenient it is that this particular episode is the last episode of the first half or pretty darn close, hoping to possibly hook the shippers in to the new characters. I know RDA said to leave the door open for O'Neill but once we are hooked on the new characters (so they hope) would we really care if O'Neill returned or not and in what capacity could he possibly return? Look what TPTB have done to me, I am constantly looking around corners, second guessing everything and searching for the REAL truth. I guess I am just tired of being the pawn, and of course if AT and RDA were going to be in the same episodes together, you better believe that I would be the first person to be tuning in...but... Just watching the shippers backs!
I'm really dreading the July 15th premier of season 9-very little Jack, no Sam, no Dr Frasier, no General Hammond, no Jacob Carter-let's see-is there any other of our favorite characters missing? We've got 2 Farscape actors, a complete stranger in Gen Landry, his daughter, but at least we do get Dr Jackson and Teal'c. Not too much for devoted fans of the original Stargate SG1 show. I'll watch, but only because RDA will make a cameo appearance. I know some of the missing characters are not the fault of TPTB but they really painted themselves in a corner with the ones they killed off. I remember when Bewitched switched Darrens, but it didn't matter too much cause all of the other original cast members were the same. Can't say the same for the geniuses behind this show. "This is like an all new show"-great! except for the fans of 8 years who loved the old show! I hope I'm wrong but I really can't see this BB person as the new leader of SG1. They needed more of a character actor not another pretty face, we've got Michael Shanks for that. Maybe after Sam returns, the show will return but I'm not holding my breath!

Token
June 28th, 2005, 11:25 AM
http://bestsmileys.com/welcome/18.gif Sum1 & barb69 to the Shipper Family!!

I was browsing the spoiler pics for Season 9 and saw S9 that Jack has been promoted!! He is a two-star general now! Maybe Sam got a promotion too! When Jack was promoted to general, Sam got her promotion to Lt Col. Then there is no problem with who is the leader of SG-1. I know it's probably not true, but it is wishful thinking.
Here is the link to the spoiler pic...
http://www.gateworld.net/sg1/s9/graphics/903_10.shtml

Billie
June 28th, 2005, 11:38 AM
Evening all!
Big hugs all round!!! ((((((((((((((((((SHIPPER FAMILY)))))))))))))))))))))

Was all set to pull up a chair and settle down infront of the computer for another evening of shipping but have just discovered that Metamorphosis is on Sky One :D SQUEEE!!! one of my favourite shippy episodes!!!, so do excuse me while I go live the ship!!!! Be back later with any random thoughts and observations that come to my shippy little mind!! :)

LATERS!!

lonely_star
June 28th, 2005, 12:16 PM
hey guys
just stopping by to say hi to all the newbies
and to give a big hug to my family !!! ((((((((((((shipper family))))))))))
thanks oma for the nice pics ;)
Token !!! nice observations !!! but in this case I think he might not retire... :rolleyes: isn't that a problem for us ?? I have to admit I'm kinda lost in all those regs and army stuff!!!!...oups I meant air force
well my crazy life is calling me again so hope I'll be able to come back soon
drink some dr shipper and eat some passion jello for me ;)

hobbitsrul
June 28th, 2005, 12:32 PM
Watched It's Good to be King on Friday.

Did anyone else notice when Carter helped get herself up by pushing off Jack's leg?? It was when they had just been surrounded by the natives (i don't know what they are called) by the ship. Both Jack and Sam were kneeling down but when the people surround them Jack jumps up and Sam pushes off his leg to get up.

I saw that and I was like awwww..... :) That was just a bit of shippyness I noticed...and that's always a good thing so I thought I'd share it with you guys!! :D

hobbitsrul

Gatetrixer
June 28th, 2005, 12:39 PM

I was browsing the spoiler pics for Season 9 and saw S9 that Jack has been promoted!! He is a two-star general now! Maybe Sam got a promotion too! When Jack was promoted to general, Sam got her promotion to Lt Col. Then there is no problem with who is the leader of SG-1. I know it's probably not true, but it is wishful thinking.

He's our Jack, isn't he, with that hair! Since Landry is in the pics I wonder if Jack is already in DC or if he's getting ready to leave or just visiting. And since he's promoted I wonder if he stays in the AF as head of Homeworld Security. Probably, though I had hoped he'd be a civilian head.

shipper hannah
June 28th, 2005, 12:42 PM

jack's hair's all spiky!

shipper hannah
June 28th, 2005, 12:45 PM

Did anyone else notice when Carter helped get herself up by pushing off Jack's leg?? It was when they had just been surrounded by the natives (i don't know what they are called) by the ship. Both Jack and Sam were kneeling down but when the people surround them Jack jumps up and Sam pushes off his leg to get up.

I saw that and I was like awwww..... :) That was just a bit of shippyness I noticed...and that's always a good thing so I thought I'd share it with you guys!! :D

hobbitsrul

ahh! i didn't see that i'll have to watch it again.. *ponders how the hell she's gonna do that*

Token
June 28th, 2005, 01:26 PM
spoilers S8 "It's Good to be King"

hobbitsrul
Well, from my viewing I'm pretty sure Sam was reaching for Jack's gun. ;) No, really! :D They were both kneeling when the natives surprised them. Sam, without her P-90, instinctively reached for Jack's sidearm. It was such a beautiful, sweeping motion! Great acting on AT and RDA's part!! I still consider it VERY shippy!! Of course, if Sam had grabbed Jack's knee, I don't think he would have had his mind focused on the natives. ;) I know I wouldn't! :p

Token
June 28th, 2005, 01:33 PM
jack's hair's all spiky!

Yes! Bev must be in heaven!! http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/36/36_3_7.gif (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZSzfw003)

:p

katethegater
June 28th, 2005, 02:03 PM
Hi Guys

I am finally catching up with you all as i grabbed the next S8 DVD yesterday as it went on sale here in the UK with Reckoning 1 & 2 & finally THREADS! I have read all your past posts about this 'ship fest' and .......'Holy Crap' you were right, could it get any shippier? I even kind of warmed to Kerry Johnson as at least she had the balls to bow out and even gave Jack some well needed love advice. TPTB are such a bunch of teasers.......i have yet to see the last 3 episodes 'Citizen Joe' & the 'mobieus's' but cannot believe that they will totally ignore what was so blatantly obvious to everyone, shipper & non-shipper alike in S9!
With Threads I was in ship heaven.......i was oviously upset at Jacob's demise as he was one cool Tok'ra but that scene with Jack comforting Sam, when she was rubbing his hand........sorry, i'm going on again but hey, i've waited FOREVER to see this episode and it didn't disappoint! (what's this about a 90 minute special though?)
Can't wait to see the AU kissing in Mobieus...........!

Billie
June 28th, 2005, 02:21 PM
spoilers S8 "It's Good to be King"

Well, from my viewing I'm pretty sure Sam was reaching for Jack's gun. ;) No, really! :D They were both kneeling when the natives surprised them. Sam, without her P-90, instinctively reached for Jack's sidearm. It was such a beautiful, sweeping motion! Great acting on AT and RDA's part!! I still consider it VERY shippy!! Of course, if Sam had grabbed Jack's knee, I don't think he would have had his mind focused on the natives. ;) I know I wouldn't! :p

I gotta agree with Token. Sam is definitely reaching for the handgun that Jack has in his leg holder. When I saw it first time I missed it and thought the same as you hobbitsrul but when I watched it again to wallow in the shippiness i noticed sam take the gun. Fab scene though and you can so see the connection between the two of them...they are so in sync, bless!! :D :D

Token
June 28th, 2005, 02:23 PM
Spoilers for S8 Threads

Hi Guys

I am finally catching up with you all as i grabbed the next S8 DVD yesterday as it went on sale here in the UK with Reckoning 1 & 2 & finally THREADS! I have read all your past posts about this 'ship fest' and .......'Holy Crap' you were right, could it get any shippier? I even kind of warmed to Kerry Johnson as at least she had the balls to bow out and even gave Jack some well needed love advice. TPTB are such a bunch of teasers.......i have yet to see the last 3 episodes 'Citizen Joe' & the 'mobieus's' but cannot believe that they will totally ignore what was so blatantly obvious to everyone, shipper & non-shipper alike in S9!
With Threads I was in ship heaven.......i was oviously upset at Jacob's demise as he was one cool Tok'ra but that scene with Jack comforting Sam, when she was rubbing his hand........sorry, i'm going on again but hey, i've waited FOREVER to see this episode and it didn't disappoint! (what's this about a 90 minute special though?)
LOL!!! I'm glad you are having a Shipper High!! I wish we had the DVDs over here. :( Tell us what specials are on there!!! Please!! Any behind the scenes stuff?? Any juicy commentary??? ARGH!!!!!!!!!!!!! I may have to order one for myself! :o

There are two versions of "Threads" a 90-min and a 60-min. The original aring on the US SciFi channel showed the 90-min version; however, the re-showing of Threads is the 60-min verision. I'm hoping the 90-min version is what will be on the DVDs.

Billie
June 28th, 2005, 02:28 PM
Hi Guys

Hi katethegater!

Ok now I'm worried...does this mean that the region 2 dvd doesn't have the 90 minute version of Threads?? .....trying very hard to be brave and not panic at the thought of a cut version of one of my fav shippy episodes

Oma-1
June 28th, 2005, 02:32 PM
(((Nickatell)))

Yes I had reservations about the Sam & Jack ship for S9. Being realistic, it aint gonna be the same. And that's heartbreaking. But Joe's given me enough to believe that Sam & Jack are together as a couple and that we'll get it confirmed at some point - possibly in Ex Deus Machina (although I really don't wanna have to wait that long to find out :eek: ).

To be honest, that's all I expect. Confirmation that they're together. And a few guest appearances from RDA in the next few seasons *fingers crossed*.

Jack's my fave character so I'm gonna miss him tremendously. But there are lots of other aspects about SG-1 that I love, that I'm not prepared to give up on yet. So I'll give the new storylines and characters a chance, and hope I can find as much enjoyment out of S9 of SG-1 as I did out of S1 of Atlantis. I'm pretty much thinking of it as a new spin off, but with the added bonus that some of my fave characters are still there in Sam, Daniel and Teal'c, and that RDA will put in a few cameos in the following seasons to stave of the Jack Withdrawal Symptoms.

Oma-1
June 28th, 2005, 02:36 PM
I gotta agree with Token. Sam is definitely reaching for the handgun that Jack has in his leg holder. When I saw it first time I missed it and thought the same as you hobbitsrul but when I watched it again to wallow in the shippiness i noticed sam take the gun. Fab scene though and you can so see the connection between the two of them...they are so in sync, bless!! :D :D
I was so happy to see (IGTBK spoilers) Jack off world and that wonderful sparkiness between him and Sam return so quickly. It felt just like the "good old days" of S4. :D

Billie
June 28th, 2005, 02:37 PM
Oops, sorry fellow shippers forgot the spoiler space....gets on knees and begs a pardon as was first post with spoilers :o (note to self - must think before posting, must think before posting.....)

Oma-1
June 28th, 2005, 02:38 PM
Hi katethegater!

Ok now I'm worried...does this mean that the region 2 dvd doesn't have the 90 minute version of Threads?? .....trying very hard to be brave and not panic at the thought of a cut version of one of my fav shippy episodes
Don't panic yet! Don't forget the 60 min and 90 shows all have those crappy adverts that get in the way of our shipping. On the DVD, the original TV 60 min version will be around 41-43 mins, and the 90 min TV version will be around 60 mins.

So katethegater! Please put us out of our misery! Which is it????????? *begs on bended knee*

Oma-1
June 28th, 2005, 02:46 PM
Morning everybody.

I'm delurking long enough to say Hi and mention that Metamorphosis comes on SciFi tonight. It's a really good episode for those who haven't seen it--and quite shippy too!
girlgater - do you think SkyOne will show S8 as well??????????? I've got my fingers crossed but I don't know if it's vain hope. I don't remember seeing S7 repeated before S8 started - but they weren't showing the seasons in sequence then, they just kept repeating a few eps from S5-6, then a few voter's choices.

Billie
June 28th, 2005, 02:50 PM
Jack's my fave character so I'm gonna miss him tremendously. But there are lots of other aspects about SG-1 that I love, that I'm not prepared to give up on yet. So I'll give the new storylines and characters a chance, and hope I can find as much enjoyment out of S9 of SG-1 as I did out of S1 of Atlantis. I'm pretty much thinking of it as a new spin off, but with the added bonus that some of my fave characters are still there in Sam, Daniel and Teal'c, and that RDA will put in a few cameos in the following seasons to stave of the Jack Withdrawal Symptoms.

I'm a HUGE Jack/RDA fan too and am also gonna miss him dreadfully :( but...the fact that RDA has kept the door open is a hopeful sign for more of him toward the end of S9 and maybe just maybe after a decent break he'll fancy a bit more in S10 (sends pleading puppy dog eyes in RDA's direction!!)
As for S9 and the change in personnel....that's a great way of looking at Oma-1 and helps alot, big hug for you!!
(((((Oma-1)))))