PDA

View Full Version : Sam Carter/Jack O'Neill Ship Appreciation Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57

trupi
June 19th, 2005, 06:52 PM
Temptation (http://home.earthlink.net/~shiawmeimei/id129.html)
Another Jack and Sam fic...

It is shippy so beware.

Rated NC17 for sexual content.
(Yes, some of it qualifies as "TMI")
*very big evil grin*

When temptation becomes too much to bear, they break.

Added 06/19/05
Spoilers through early season eight.

Special thanks to Tame for betaing this quickly in spite of her other obligations... Real life is such a pain!

Oh my goodness! That was wonderful, MeiMei! Sally Reeve has true competition! Give us more of that and the heck with SG-1!

LadyJeep
June 19th, 2005, 09:03 PM
Well like in THREADS....

Sam had reached a watershed moment. When confronted with the reality of 'til death do us part' in the form of that house, she realized she couldn't put off the discussion any longer.

She said in Jack's back yard that she was sitting in her car outside his house for 10 minutes trying to build up the courage to talk to him...and that actually she's been trying to work up the nerve for a lot longer than that.

Why? What was it that was stopping her...a seasoned military officer...from confronting the issue of her feelings dead on? She's not a coward...so it must have been something other than fear that held her back.

And my feeling is that that SOMETHING had to do with the fact that she knew that conversation would mean signficant changes for her, one way or the other...that if he didn't share her feelings, she'd have to learn with the knowledge that she opened herself up to him...and if he DID share her feelings, their career situation would probably have to be modified, with one or both of them either retiring or leaving that chain of command...

But she realized that she needed that moment to happen. She needed to know one way or the other...and let the chips fall where they may.
I have to say that I totally agree with you, Uber.

Oh yeah, better late than never... HAPPY BIRTHDAY! :D Hope you had a wonderful day!!!!

ST-1
June 19th, 2005, 09:56 PM
Temptation (http://home.earthlink.net/~shiawmeimei/id129.html)
Another Jack and Sam fic...

It is shippy so beware.

Rated NC17 for sexual content.
(Yes, some of it qualifies as "TMI")
*very big evil grin*

When temptation becomes too much to bear, they break.

Added 06/19/05
Spoilers through early season eight.

Special thanks to Tame for betaing this quickly in spite of her other obligations... Real life is such a pain!

(((((((((MeiMei)))))))) I think this is your best yet! And not too much "TMI" either. :p

I'm working on another fic, too. Since TPTB screwed up the ship, we just have to take matters into our own hands and write it the way it was meant to be written. ;)

majorsal
June 20th, 2005, 12:12 AM
i'm going to reply to a post from the 'sam's a great character' thread here (because i'm going to be a total shipper here. :p)

original post, by skydiver: http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost.php?p=4311236&postcount=9732

(snip)

now, they probably are right when they say that s9 would have been different had at been a full part. first of all, she'd be in all 20 eps. second of all, i've heard rumors that her 'packing' had to do with her being on daedelus and going to atlantis.

if that rumor is correct... i think i'd rather have it this way, because i thought sam's reaction to jack saying 'you've got packing to do' was odd. now, if this rumor is correct, then i'd prefer sam's odd reaction to be to the daedelus packing thing because i want sam's reaction to going fishing with jack (FINALLY) to be happy and excited. AND, she'd have already shown that reaction when jack invited her! :D or, sam asked/told jack herself that she wanted to go/was going.

thoughts, shippers?

sally :D

majorsal
June 20th, 2005, 12:51 AM
spoilers for s8's threads

My.....what a deep discussion for a pleasant Sunday evening! But I agree with what all of you have said.....and you've said it so well! And as much as Sam & Jack each felt the other cared, they put off getting confirmation. It was partly because it would change their ability to work together each day (and could jeopardize the planet's safety).....and partly because neither could imagine not being part of the SGC. But with the combination of :eek: , Kerry and :eek: 's purchase of the house, they both realized they couldn't wait to "bring it out of the room" any longer. And Jacob's death was thrown in to keep what should have been joyous moment for them from being fully expressed as they would have otherwise expressed and celebrated it.

this ties in with what i was thinking about this morning...

what kind of reaction did sam expect from pete when she called off their relationship? he was upset, but i don't think she was expecting him to beg (like he'd mentioned to her). what i think is...

that moment in the infirmary i think told sam everything she needed to know about jack's feelings. here jack was literally on the verge of losing sam to another man. it had been happening and getting closer and closer, and yet... he wasn't deserting her. he said 'always', and he meant it. no matter if he lost her to pete, he was still going to be there for her. always.

maybe that's what sam was expecting to see a glimpse of from pete? she called off their wedding, but pete didn't say he'd still be in her life. okay, he was hurting, but... so was jack. he'd been there for her from the start, and the hardest thing he'd have to go through (besides losing her to death) would be seeing her go to another man. but he 'still' said he'd be there for her. always.

maybe this was sam's golden moment, when she finally saw the depth and true intentions of jack's feelings for her?

what do you guys think?

Oma-1
June 20th, 2005, 01:13 AM
(((((Mary Beth))))) *grovels*

Sorry I missed your birthday yesterday! (it was Father's Day here so it was kinda manic :p )

But here's your birthday picture :D

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v685/Oma-1/firelight.png

Candlelight brings romance, firelight - passion. Hope there were flames on your birthday :D

Oma-1
June 20th, 2005, 01:24 AM
I've heard that rumour too - but I think it's just non-ship fans seeking for an alternative to the obvious fishing reference. I'm certain (almost :o ) that JM has been asked that qu and replied that Sam was packing for her fishing trip. :D

I think Sam's reaction was just surprise as she didn't expect Jack to mention it at work and he nudged her hip or something as he passed her.

sueKay
June 20th, 2005, 04:01 AM
I missed Uber's birthday :(

:DHAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

sueKay
June 20th, 2005, 04:06 AM
Well...I know I came in here and had a lengthy rant...but it worked out great!!!

I went to the pub, had a drink and got chatting to some gig-goers...one of them overheard that I didn't have a ticket, and gave me one for nothing!!!!!!

I got to see the Zutons, Feeder and REM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So...as always...music has fed my creativity!

I'm gonna be in charge of the Jack O'Neill section of a very big Stargate site soon!!!!!

And

The Third Race - Chapter 14 - Leap of Faith

and

The Third Race - Chapter 15 - Origins

are both up!!

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2070659/1/

With the team separated, and a strange truth being slowly unveiled...will SG1, Pete and Tyler get to Sakaya in time?

:D

sueKay
June 20th, 2005, 05:11 AM
Okay...the quarterly

SHIPPER TOP TEN!!!!!!!

This thread

10 - girlgater - 146 posts
9 - LOL4JACK - 159 posts
8 - Rogue - 160 posts
7 - sueKay - 165 posts
6 = Catysg1 - 182 posts
6 = sg1-fanintn - 182 posts
5 - lonely star - 183 posts
4 -majorsal - 214 posts
3 -gatebee - 244 posts
2 - UberSG-1Fan - 254 posts

and...

1 -Oma-1 - 375 posts!!!!!!!!

Overall top ten shippers

10 - MeiMei - 1200 posts
9 - Poetic Tragedy - 1211 posts
8 - Token - 1458 posts
7 - marimba26 - 1518 posts
6 - mad_gater - 1520 posts
5 - Ship Nana - 1732 posts
4 - sueKay - 2062 posts
3 - majorsal - 2621 posts
2 - TameFarrar - 3267 posts

and the all time top GW S/J shipper is....
1 - Catysg1 - 3385!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sueKay
June 20th, 2005, 05:13 AM
Well...I gotta go to work now, so see you all soon!

Suz
xxxxx

Keep on shipping!!!!!!

florence
June 20th, 2005, 05:28 AM
sueKay !!! The link to Third Race is not working ! :eek:

I mean, yes, it's working but you can't find Chapters 14 and 15. It stops at the 13th chapter !

Please help !

sg-1fanintn
June 20th, 2005, 06:35 AM
SueKay......can't rep you again so soon, but wanted to thank you for putting together the "quarterly report." That was interesting!

Glad your Sunday turned out better than you expected!

ChevronSeven
June 20th, 2005, 06:43 AM
sueKay !!! The link to Third Race is not working ! :eek:

I mean, yes, it's working but you can't find Chapters 14 and 15. It stops at the 13th chapter !

Please help !

Access Chapter 13 and then in your browser, change the 3 to a 4 and it should access that chapter.

Daniel's_twin
June 20th, 2005, 07:18 AM
Finally! I'm back! I missed you guys and talking about ship. My computer, shall we just say, crashed last week, and we have had nothing in my house to do with it since Tuesday. But now I'm back here, on with the ship!!! :cool:

florence
June 20th, 2005, 07:46 AM
Access Chapter 13 and then in your browser, change the 3 to a 4 and it should access that chapter.

Thanks, it worked :)
Now, I'll finally be able to read it ! :D

gatebee
June 20th, 2005, 08:14 AM
Okay...the quarterly

SHIPPER TOP TEN!!!!!!!

This thread

9 - LOL4JACK - 159 posts
8 - Rogue - 160 posts
7 - sueKay - 165 posts
6 = Catysg1 - 182 posts
4 -majorsal - 214 posts
3 -gatebee - 244 posts

and...

Overall top ten shippers

10 - MeiMei - 1200 posts
8 - Token - 1458 posts
4 - sueKay - 2062 posts

SueKay ... wow that is an amazing countdown ....

gatebee
June 20th, 2005, 08:17 AM
Well...I know I came in here and had a lengthy rant...but it worked out great!!!

I went to the pub, had a drink and got chatting to some gig-goers...one of them overheard that I didn't have a ticket, and gave me one for nothing!!!!!!

I got to see the Zutons, Feeder and REM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So...as always...music has fed my creativity!

I'm gonna be in charge of the Jack O'Neill section of a very big Stargate site soon!!!!!

And

The Third Race - Chapter 14 - Leap of Faith

and

The Third Race - Chapter 15 - Origins

are both up!!

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2070659/1/

With the team separated, and a strange truth being slowly unveiled...will SG1, Pete and Tyler get to Sakaya in time?

it is nice to know that there are still very nice people .... glad you had a great time ...

gatebee
June 20th, 2005, 08:21 AM
Hiya, just popped in to say....
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y219/cmb1009/PDVD_395.jpg
Jack: Happy Birthday Uber (((((((hugs)))))))
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y219/cmb1009/PDVD_383.jpg
Sam: Happy Birthday WHO?????
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y219/cmb1009/PDVD_368.jpg
Jack: You know Sam, Mary Beth, don't be jealous... she sent you all the Blue Jello :D
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y219/cmb1009/PDVD_367.jpg
Sam: Ah, OK, if it's Mary Beth, then no problem :D
Happy Birthday!!!!!!!!!
rlol ....... that is just so great

Lord Zedd
June 20th, 2005, 09:16 AM
Okay...the quarterly

SHIPPER TOP TEN!!!!!!!

This thread

9 - LOL4JACK - 159 posts
8 - Rogue - 160 posts
7 - sueKay - 165 posts
6 = Catysg1 - 182 posts
4 -majorsal - 214 posts
3 -gatebee - 244 posts

and...

Overall top ten shippers

10 - MeiMei - 1200 posts
8 - Token - 1458 posts
4 - sueKay - 2062 posts

Damn and I was thinking I was in that list :D :p ah well I guess I am the only male shipper in this thread. :p so that is something too right?!:p

Rogue
June 20th, 2005, 09:27 AM
Damn and I was thinking I was in that list :D :p ah well I guess I am the only male shipper in this thread. :p so that is something too right?!:p

Looks like you should be at least number 5. I would have been on the list but I lost around 500 post on the last GW melt down.

dannyluver
June 20th, 2005, 09:33 AM
I've heard that rumour too - but I think it's just non-ship fans seeking for an alternative to the obvious SPOILERS (Highlight below to read):
fishing reference. I'm certain (almost ) that JM has been asked that qu and replied that Sam was packing for her fishing trip.

I think Sam's reaction was just surprise as she didn't expect Jack to mention it at work and he nudged her hip or something as he passed her.

I didn't see that! I must pay more attention!

Man, all you guys are so insightful. I totally agree with everything you're saying, but I just can't put it into words!

Zoser
June 20th, 2005, 10:12 AM
Well like in THREADS....

Sam had reached a watershed moment. When confronted with the reality of 'til death do us part' in the form of that house, she realized she couldn't put off the discussion any longer.

She said in Jack's back yard that she was sitting in her car outside his house for 10 minutes trying to build up the courage to talk to him...and that actually she's been trying to work up the nerve for a lot longer than that.

Why? What was it that was stopping her...a seasoned military officer...from confronting the issue of her feelings dead on? She's not a coward...so it must have been something other than fear that held her back.

And my feeling is that that SOMETHING had to do with the fact that she knew that conversation would mean signficant changes for her, one way or the other...that if he didn't share her feelings, she'd have to learn with the knowledge that she opened herself up to him...and if he DID share her feelings, their career situation would probably have to be modified, with one or both of them either retiring or leaving that chain of command...

But she realized that she needed that moment to happen. She needed to know one way or the other...and let the chips fall where they may.

Uber you have hit the nail directly on the head. Now we need to see the repercussions of this. I think TPTB think the fishing trip is enough and the rest is left to our imaginations. Silly me I wanted more, lots more but I'll settle for scraps and fan fic. Not expecting much from Season 9 - maybe a phone call between the Harry Potter (or Spam-a-lot) rehash.

Rogue
June 20th, 2005, 10:18 AM
Uber you have hit the nail directly on the head. Now we need to see the repercussions of this. I think TPTB think the fishing trip is enough and the rest is left to our imaginations. Silly me I wanted more, lots more but I'll settle for scraps and fan fic. Not expecting much from Season 9 - maybe a phone call between the Harry Potter (or Spam-a-lot) rehash.

You and me both. If they had given a proper ending to the Sam/Jack relationship, I would be more receptive to the new changes.

Glad to see your posting again Zoser.

dannyluver
June 20th, 2005, 10:20 AM

I'm expecting a whole gateful of implied ship. Let's at least hope for that. DIE, PTB, DIE! Cross your fingers while breaking the wishbone, folks.

Rogue
June 20th, 2005, 10:34 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v474/mkmoulder/Stargate/uber.jpg

HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY UBER

Lord Zedd
June 20th, 2005, 12:37 PM
Looks like you should be at least number 5. I would have been on the list but I lost around 500 post on the last GW melt down.
yeah I lost a lot of posts myself I think also around the 500 :p a lot any way

My next post is my 1800 !! I am going to post it in here but I am waiting to say something cool :D :p

Grace O'Neill
June 20th, 2005, 01:00 PM
OK... I am going to do my traditional birthday congratulation for Uber!

*gestures for everyone to gather together and form a choir*

ATTENTION EVERYONE! PRESENTING TO YOU THE SHIPPER CHOIR:

:D :) :p :o :S
:D ;) :cool: :o :rolleyes:
:p :) :D ;) :o

:)

*clears her throat and raises her hands to conduct the shipper choir*

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEAR UBER (sorry about being 1 day late)
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!

*turns around and gives a little bow to Uber, ala Teal'c*

*claps to the shipper choir - Great Job!*

Lord Zedd
June 20th, 2005, 01:27 PM
Hi all

This is my 1800 post :eek: :eek: :eek:

First of all I would like to thank my girlfriend who has allways supported me. (soon 3 months together )
I would like to thank Darren thanks to him I am a member in here
Than I would like to thank all the shippers in here that are really nice to me ((shipperfamily)) Than I would like to thank Sam and Jack. I believe in you two.
Then of course how can I forget my idol: Anubis. I would like to thank him because he said a quote that has given me courgage all the time:" take action if you dare. " You can clearly see that Anubis was the most powerfull and also the most wisest of all the Goa'uld. Than also thank you everyone who joined our forum. If you haven't joined, shame on you !! Join right now :p Yeah I am talking to you !! I mean it :p So thanks everyone. You believed I could reach the 1800 posts. On to 1900 :D right? :) Sam and Jack together forever. The wedding will come :p

Anubis

LOL4JACK
June 20th, 2005, 02:05 PM
Hi all

First of all I would like to thank my girlfriend who has allways supported me. (soon 3 months together )
I would like to thank Darren thanks to him I am a member in here
Than I would like to thank all the shippers in here that are really nice to me ((shipperfamily)) Than I would like to thank Sam and Jack. I believe in you two.
Then of course how can I forget my idol: Anubis. I would like to thank him because he said a quote that has given me courgage all the time:" take action if you dare. " You can clearly see that Anubis was the most powerfull and also the most wisest of all the Goa'uld. Than also thank you everyone who joined our forum. If you haven't joined, shame on you !! Join right now :p Yeah I am talking to you !! I mean it :p So thanks everyone. You believed I could reach the 1800 posts. On to 1900 :D right? :) Sam and Jack together forever. The wedding will come :p

Anubis
Congrats _Anubis.... in your honor the 1800 post dance :D

http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/5/5_1_119v.gif

Lord Zedd
June 20th, 2005, 02:06 PM
I feel in such a great mood. Green for all that is untill the system keeps me from spraiding the love around here. So now I am able to upload avatars?Right?

LOL4JACK
June 20th, 2005, 02:16 PM
Okay...the quarterly

SHIPPER TOP TEN!!!!!!!

SueKay, this is just amazing.... thanks for putting this together....

Billie
June 20th, 2005, 02:47 PM
Hey there shipper family!! :D :D I've been lurking around the thread for quite some time and figured it was about time to come out and say hi (my first post just had to be here!). Love this thread and love Jack and Sam too, they are soooo meant for each other.

Great to be here!
Billie

Rogue
June 20th, 2005, 02:53 PM
http://bestsmileys.com/welcome/17.gif BILLIE

Glad you decided to join us.

LOL4JACK
June 20th, 2005, 02:55 PM
Hey there shipper family!! :D :D I've been lurking around the thread for quite some time and figured it was about time to come out and say hi (my first post just had to be here!). Love this thread and love Jack and Sam too, they are soooo meant for each other.

Great to be here!
Billie

Welcome Billie!!!

http://yelims2.free.fr/Fete/Ballons.gif

I hope you have fun here... I have!!!

(((((((Shipper Family)))))))))

Caro
June 20th, 2005, 03:07 PM

Great to be here!
Billie

Welcome in the shipper family billie, I hope you'll have a good time with us :cool:

florence
June 20th, 2005, 03:11 PM
http://yelims.free.fr/Coucou/Coucou00.gif

Welcome in the family Billie ! :D

And congrats on your 1800th post _Anubis !

Billie
June 20th, 2005, 03:26 PM
Thanks for the welcome!! :) :)

I really should be going to bed now as I've got to be up at the crack of dawn to go cheer on Tim Henman at Wimbledon tennis tomorrow...but now I'm here it could be a very late night!

Was watching Enemies the other day and found a classic jack and sam moment which I think I missed when I first saw...it really made me chuckle (as so many do!)

Sam This way sir its not far
Jack Carter, how do you know where u r going in a place like this?
Sam I studied the Tokra specs of the ship while we were on Vorash
Jack You know how to have a good time don't ya
Sam I'm having a good time now sir
Jack You go girl!

Love it! :D

dipsofjazz
June 20th, 2005, 03:35 PM
:D Congratulations _Anubis for 1800 posts!http://bestsmileys.com/ballons/6.gif

http://bestsmileys.com/welcome/5.gif Welcome, Billie. I hope you have fun here. :D

Uber
June 20th, 2005, 03:39 PM
Okay...the quarterly

SHIPPER TOP TEN!!!!!!!

This thread

9 - LOL4JACK - 159 posts
8 - Rogue - 160 posts
7 - sueKay - 165 posts
6 = Catysg1 - 182 posts
4 -majorsal - 214 posts
3 -gatebee - 244 posts

and...

Overall top ten shippers

10 - MeiMei - 1200 posts
8 - Token - 1458 posts
4 - sueKay - 2062 posts

I'm only *sniff* SECOND ON THIS THREAD??????

Oh, woe is me...WOE IS ME!!!!!!!!!!!!

:p

ST-1
June 20th, 2005, 03:40 PM
It's done, it's done, it's done, it's done! :D Presenting the sequel to my first fanfic, "No Explanation Needed:"

Confessions (http://www.gateworld.net/fanfic/archive/36/confessions.html)

Now, it's certainly not as...uh...satisfying ;) as MeiMei's work, but it's still shippy. :p

Feedback is appreciated! :)

ST-1
June 20th, 2005, 04:02 PM
And now, for another of ST-1's half-baked theories on the inner workings of TPTB's minds: ;)

It ocurred to me the other day that part of the reason they are ignoring the ship in S9 is that they need something to fall back on! Sam/Jack ship is their ace in the hole. Think about it: if S9 flops, for whatever reason, they can always whip out the ship and lure back the fans. I mean, even if you're not planning on watching S9 for its lack of ship, if you are a true shipper you WILL tune in if, for example, they show a clip of a NEW S/J kiss, or a wedding scene. You will, and you know it! :p :D

TPTB know it, too. ;) And they know it could save their collective asses one day. They also know the only way to hang on to our portion of the fan base is to keep stringing us along. If Sam and Jack get married and ride off into the sunset, what other reason do we have to watch the show?

Think about it.

We might have to wait awhile, but they'll eventually have to play that card. :rolleyes:

ses110
June 20th, 2005, 04:30 PM
Excellent point ST-1.I myself will only watch a Season 9 episode if there is an episode with both Sam and Jack.If TPTB put Sam and Jack together I think many Shippers could have handled an offscreen Sam and Jack Ship.It's 9 Years and we still have not had a real Kiss or an I Love You.It's pretty Sad and this is the reason I'll be staying away from Season 9.

sg-1fanintn
June 20th, 2005, 04:31 PM
yeah I lost a lot of posts myself I think also around the 500 :p a lot any way

My next post is my 1800 !! I am going to post it in here but I am waiting to say something cool :D :p

Congratulations, _Anubis, on your 1800th post!

Welcome, Billie! You'll have fun here!

sg-1fanintn
June 20th, 2005, 04:39 PM
And now, for another of ST-1's half-baked theories on the inner workings of TPTB's minds: ;)

It ocurred to me the other day that part of the reason they are ignoring the ship in S9 is that they need something to fall back on! Sam/Jack ship is their ace in the hole. Think about it: if S9 flops, for whatever reason, they can always whip out the ship and lure back the fans. I mean, even if you're not planning on watching S9 for its lack of ship, if you are a true shipper you WILL tune in if, for example, they show a clip of a NEW S/J kiss, or a wedding scene. You will, and you know it! :p :D

TPTB know it, too. ;) And they know it could save their collective asses one day. They also know the only way to hang on to our portion of the fan base is to keep stringing us along. If Sam and Jack get married and ride off into the sunset, what other reason do we have to watch the show?

Think about it.

We might have to wait awhile, but they'll eventually have to play that card. :rolleyes:

Well, they're hoping we'll like the new characters......but we know we prefer the people we know! Very interesting theory. And in that same vein, I still maintain that since RDA owns a piece of the show, he couldn't, wouldn't ever, ever refuse to come back and wrap up Jack's storyline with Sam.....right?

Cassie
June 20th, 2005, 05:18 PM
Hi all

Anubis

Congratulations _Anubis on your 1800 post!!!! :D

Great to be here!
Billie

Welcome to the Shipper Family Billie Have Fun and post lots! :D

Grace O'Neill
June 20th, 2005, 05:18 PM
WELCOME, BILLIE!!!!

Congratulations _Anubis!!! It is quite an accomplishment!!!!

Cassie
June 20th, 2005, 05:26 PM
Okay...the quarterly

SHIPPER TOP TEN!!!!!!!

This thread

9 - LOL4JACK - 159 posts
8 - Rogue - 160 posts
7 - sueKay - 165 posts
6 = Catysg1 - 182 posts
4 -majorsal - 214 posts
3 -gatebee - 244 posts

and...

Overall top ten shippers

10 - MeiMei - 1200 posts
8 - Token - 1458 posts
4 - sueKay - 2062 posts

WOW SueKay thanks for putting all together!!!!!!
I think I need to post more :o :p

nell
June 20th, 2005, 05:45 PM
CONGRATULATIONS ANUBIS ON 1800

And WELCOME BILLIE

AND TO EVERYBODY ELSE THERE ARE
25 MORE DAYS UNTIL JULY 15 Season 9 Premiere

I've stayed away from Joe's :eek: thread. Oh, the pull to visit is strong! :S But I haven't and I'm much more pleasant to be around. :) Ask my husband!! :rolleyes: Hee, hee! :cool:

I've been reading shippy stories :p , I Beta for a Sam and Jack writer ;) , and I watch shippy scenes each night :p :D . Life is good! :D

majorsal
June 20th, 2005, 06:20 PM
[COLOR=DarkSlateBlue]I've stayed away from Joe's :eek: thread. Oh, the pull to visit is strong! :S

i haven't, so i'll pass along some 'interesting' stuff.... :p

spoilers for s9

here's the question and answer that i 'really' liked...

from post - http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost.php?p=4311426&postcount=1417

(snipped)

(sues)
2. In the same SG magazine, regarding Carter's absence, Amanda said, "After Janet died, Carter took responsibility for Cassie. Cassie has had some problems, so Carter went to spend time with her. That's how I'm playing Carter's decision to leave the SGC."

Okay, this sounds like a backstory that Amanda created for Carter, and not necessarily something we're going to see. I believe the last "official word" was that when Carter finally returns we'll learn she's been working at Area 51. I was wondering, any chance of this backstory becoming a part of the on-screen story? Also, what's the most interesting backstory an actor has come up with to explain their character's action/motivation?

(joe)
2. No, that's a backstory created by Robert Cooper which accounts for one of several reasons Carter is away.

okay, to me, this has ship potential! :D ;)

'several reasons' carter is away...

ship potential, my friends! ;)

nell
June 20th, 2005, 07:01 PM

spoilers for s9

squee!!

Sally, Thank you :) for screening Joe's :eek: thread!!! I can remain in my little shippy world!! :D :p

jay
June 20th, 2005, 07:35 PM
hello everybody. *waves*

im new here but i have been a shipper ever since i starting watching stargate which was the beginning of season 7. im mostly a lurker but do reply every now and then. i just love to read what you all think.

see you guys around

Token
June 20th, 2005, 07:42 PM
Thanks for the welcome!! :) :)

I really should be going to bed now as I've got to be up at the crack of dawn to go cheer on Tim Henman at Wimbledon tennis tomorrow...but now I'm here it could be a very late night!

Was watching Enemies the other day and found a classic jack and sam moment which I think I missed when I first saw...it really made me chuckle (as so many do!)

Sam This way sir its not far
Jack Carter, how do you know where u r going in a place like this?
Sam I studied the Tokra specs of the ship while we were on Vorash
Jack You know how to have a good time don't ya
Sam I'm having a good time now sir
Jack You go girl!

Love it! :D

http://bestsmileys.com/welcome/11.gif
Billie!!!

Wimbledon? Wow! I wonder who would win if Sam and Jack played tennis? Of course, after a hot, sweaty match they could hit the showers together. ;) :D

Great quote from Enemies! Keep them coming!!

Cassie
June 20th, 2005, 07:45 PM
hello everybody. *waves*

im new here but i have been a shipper ever since i starting watching stargate which was the beginning of season 7. im mostly a lurker but do reply every now and then. i just love to read what you all think.

see you guys around

*waves back*

WELCOME Jay!!!!!

Token
June 20th, 2005, 07:49 PM

spoilers for s9

here's the question and answer that i 'really' liked...

from post - http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost.php?p=4311426&postcount=1417

(snipped)

(sues)
2. In the same SG magazine, regarding Carter's absence, Amanda said, "After Janet died, Carter took responsibility for Cassie. Cassie has had some problems, so Carter went to spend time with her. That's how I'm playing Carter's decision to leave the SGC."

Okay, this sounds like a backstory that Amanda created for Carter, and not necessarily something we're going to see. I believe the last "official word" was that when Carter finally returns we'll learn she's been working at Area 51. I was wondering, any chance of this backstory becoming a part of the on-screen story? Also, what's the most interesting backstory an actor has come up with to explain their character's action/motivation?

(joe)
2. No, that's a backstory created by Robert Cooper which accounts for one of several reasons Carter is away.

okay, to me, this has ship potential! :D ;)

'several reasons' carter is away...

ship potential, my friends! ;)

THANKS, Aunt Sally!!!! I know I can count on you to do the dirty work for us! :p

I would like to add further to your comments S9
"That's how I'm playing Carter's decision to leave the SGC." - Sam isn't on loan to Area 51. She left the SGC; therefore, she is NOT under Jack's command. Is that taking it too far?? :o

Token
June 20th, 2005, 07:56 PM
hello everybody. *waves*

see you guys around

http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/36/36_28_2.gif (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZSzfw003) Hello, Jay!!!! Welcome to the Shipper Family!!

Don't be such a lurker! We would love to read what you think!! How much of Seasons 1-6 have you seen? Hopefully, you have been able to see Season 4. I think Season 4 is a must for all shippers. :p What episode of Season 7 started you on your Shipper ways?? ;)

jay
June 20th, 2005, 08:18 PM
wow thanx for the welcome already. really unexpected. i have most of the seasons on dvd (except 2 and 3) so i've seen all but 1 episode of stargate. really what shipper will voluntary watch Affinity. i may watch that now since i know how that ends. i also agree with you Token about season 4 being the best shipper season. the very first episode i watched was Enity. i kinda noticed then but never watched again till a couple months later caught my fiancee watching it and she intorduced me to it.

Token
June 20th, 2005, 08:44 PM
wow thanx for the welcome already. really unexpected. i have most of the seasons on dvd (except 2 and 3) so i've seen all but 1 episode of stargate. really what shipper will voluntary watch Affinity. i may watch that now since i know how that ends. i also agree with you Token about season 4 being the best shipper season. the very first episode i watched was Enity. i kinda noticed then but never watched again till a couple months later caught my fiancee watching it and she intorduced me to it.

Ah....Entity! So painful for Jack to make the decision to kill Sam :( especially after he said he would rather die himself than lose Carter.

Just for you, a little remembrance of Entity :D

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v334/Token04/InfirmaryJackSam.bmp

LOL4JACK
June 20th, 2005, 08:45 PM
Welcome Jay...

Waves Back !!!!!!!!!!

Shipper Family is growing... we are having a big party soon.... shipper's day!!!!! so keep visiting and post lots :D

sg-1fanintn
June 20th, 2005, 08:46 PM
Welcome, Jay!

Visit and post often! We love to talk about Sam & Jack.....and we love to talk to people who love to talk about Sam & Jack (confused yet?)!

singergirl
June 20th, 2005, 08:52 PM
Hi im sort of new...I signed up a while back and never posted much... I post a lot more on fanforum.com. Anyway...im a total attenion whore who loves the S&J ship so i was wonderin is it ok to post S/j fanart here or is there another thread that would be appropriate?

majorsal
June 20th, 2005, 08:54 PM
first off, WELCOME, NEWBIES! :D

k, i have this fantasy i'm going to share with you guys. i want to state, though, that there is NO evidence of any of this - this is just fun with fantasies. ;)

spoiler/speculation for s9

i was imaging when sam returns in beach head.

set up: sam's office. daniel's there, because he knows sam's returning.

daniel's sitting in sam's lab chair, waiting for her, when she pops around the corner.

daniel: *head pops up* "sam!"

*he smiles at her... then his eye brows raise when he notices her rather extended stomach*

daniel: "sam?... "

sam: *sam smiles cheekily* "yes, daniel?"

*daniel gets up and comes around the lab counter. he walks up to her, looking at her pregnant stomach*

daniel: "uh... is there something... " *he glances at her wedding band* "you're married too?! why the heck didn't you, or jack, tell me anything?"

sam: *winces* "well... " *sighs* "we didn't go out of our way to hide things, it's just... we're so used to everyone knowing about our.. 'thing', that... that when i got pregnant, we just... decided to keep it between ourselves for a while. it felt like it was ours alone."

*daniel smiles, but still looks hurt*

sam: "we were going to tell you guys, daniel, but--"

daniel: "what, when you walked in with a one year old?"

*sam winces again and clears her throat*

sam: "i promise you, daniel, jack and i were going to tell you and teal'c at least by the 8th month."

daniel: "what month are you?"

sam: "seven and a half." *daniel nods, without smiling* "it just all seemed to happen so quickly, daniel. i found out i was pregnant in about my fourth month, and then the next month jack and i got married... we didn't mean to exclude you guys, it was just... it felt intimate to keep it to ourselves, because--"

*daniel puts his hand on her arm, silencing her*

daniel: "it's alright, sam. i'm sorry i made you feel defensive." *sam smiles* "now, tell me all about the wedding and stuff. and do you guys know if it's a boy or girl? and do you have baby names picked out? and do--"

sam: *sam laughs* "daniel, slow down! i'll tell you everything over some cake."

*daniel and sam leave her lab, smiling and laughing*

~~~

it's all fantasy, but i'd LOVE that to happen! :D

sg-1fanintn
June 20th, 2005, 08:59 PM
Hi im sort of new...I signed up a while back and never posted much... I post a lot more on fanforum.com. Anyway...im a total attenion whore who loves the S&J ship so i was wonderin is it ok to post S/j fanart here or is there another thread that would be appropriate?

Welcome, singergirl!
Please visit and post often! All J/S shippers are welcome here. And we love fan art!

singergirl
June 20th, 2005, 09:06 PM
TY! thats all i needed to hear lol!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v648/want2sing85/fanart%20and%20mods/sj_howitshouldbe_wp_th.jpg (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v648/want2sing85/fanart%20and%20mods/sj_howitshouldbe_wp.jpg)
800x600
Lyrics - Dare you to move switch foot
also see the full manip here: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v648/want2sing85/fanart%20and%20mods/snj.jpg

jay
June 20th, 2005, 09:44 PM
heres a little fact for us shippers who really really thought there should have been a kiss bewteen our 2 love birds in the episode 'lost city'

while i was watching the commentary for 'the lost city', Robert Cooper said that in the original script there was a kiss bewteen sam and jack around the time jack retired on the cargo ship. amanda tapping also said about that time she should have kissed him too. i was sittin there watching that and all of a sudden started to jump yellin yes yes why didn't you. although i was sad there was no kiss i was excited she atleast thought she should have kissed him.

Grace O'Neill
June 20th, 2005, 10:01 PM
Welcome, Welcome, Welcome To All The Newbies!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

divcon
June 21st, 2005, 02:32 AM
Hi guys, I'm a newbie from Australia. Been a huge fan of the show since the beginning and a HUGE Jack fan. I have been wanting a ship between Jack and Sam ever since she first went through the gate and Jack said that 'he already liked her'. I am so going to miss RDA when season 9 starts. As I said I'm a newbie and not only to this site but to the net in general so please be patient with me. :)

florence
June 21st, 2005, 02:49 AM
Oh, lots of newbies ! Welcome to divcon, jay, singergirl ! :D
Hope you'll have as much fun as I had since I joined this forum !

You know, it's kind of comforting to see there are new shipper fans even with this S9 coming where SJ ship doesn't look very... promising (don't know if it's the right word :S )
Anyway, we still have 8 seasons to talk about :)

John_Sheppard
June 21st, 2005, 02:51 AM
That sucks. Just when we had that slightly OKAY ending in Season 8, they turn around and have both of them take a leave of absence, its not going to be the same, they need them in it.

florence
June 21st, 2005, 02:55 AM
It's done, it's done, it's done, it's done! :D Presenting the sequel to my first fanfic, "No Explanation Needed:"

Now, it's certainly not as...uh...satisfying ;) as MeiMei's work, but it's still shippy. :p

Very good fics ST-1 ! http://yelims5.free.fr/TopOuNul/Applaudissements02.gif

Now, do you plan to write a sequel to your sequel ? ;) :D

florence
June 21st, 2005, 03:01 AM
That sucks. Just when we had that slightly OKAY ending in Season 8, they turn around and have both of them take a leave of absence, its not going to be the same, they need them in it.

Yes, I totally agree with you, it's not going to be the same without RDA/Jack :(
I don't know where TPTB are going to lead us with SJ ship (do I really want to know, I'm not totally sure :rolleyes: ) but I hope they'll give us a small hope that somewhere, someday, Sam and Jack will be together :)

divcon
June 21st, 2005, 03:09 AM
Gee, I must admit to being a little let down with the way they ended s8 with the pseudo j/s ship. :rolleyes: I wish that TPTB will at least acknowledge that Jack and Sam belong together now that he is no longer her CO. :cool: Maybe they'll bring Jack back to finalise the relationship in a better way some time through this season and if it's going to be the last season at least show us that there is an ending that we have longed for for years :) :p ;)

Caro
June 21st, 2005, 04:00 AM
First of all : Welcome in the family Jay, Singergirl and Divcon !

Yes, I totally agree with you, it's not going to be the same without RDA/Jack :(
I don't know where TPTB are going to lead us with SJ ship (do I really want to know, I'm not totally sure :rolleyes: ) but I hope they'll give us a small hope that somewhere, someday, Sam and Jack will be together :)

Well, the scary thing is that TPTB seem to think that the shipper are satisfied with the way season 8 ended... I mean, come on... do we look satisfied ??? Hu ? Die, PTB, die !!!!

I really hope that during season 9, we will have some clues, like phone conversations, that Sam and Jack are indeed together. How could they not be together ?? regulations are not in the way anymore, so I can't think of any good reason for them not being together. It's okay if they want to take it slow, not to rush anything, but there has to be at least a little something going on between them ! And I want to see that little something in the show :)

divcon
June 21st, 2005, 04:15 AM
Well, the scary thing is that TPTB seem to think that the shipper are satisfied with the way season 8 ended... I mean, come on... do we look satisfied ??? Hu ? Die, PTB, die !!!!

I really hope that during season 9, we will have some clues, like phone conversations, that Sam and Jack are indeed together. How could they not be together ?? regulations are not in the way anymore, so I can't think of any good reason for them not being together. It's okay if they want to take it slow, not to rush anything, but there has to be at least a little something going on between them ! And I want to see that little something in the show :)[/QUOTE]

I so agree with you, we won't be happy without at least something indicated in s9 :)

nell
June 21st, 2005, 04:59 AM
heres a little fact for us shippers who really really thought there should have been a kiss bewteen our 2 love birds in the episode 'lost city'

WELCOME TO DIVCON :) , JAY :) ,
AND SINGERGIRL :) !!!

Jay, thanks for this "little fact!!" :p

Sam fan
June 21st, 2005, 05:56 AM
Hiya everyone, I was relativly happy with the end of seaosn 8 because even though i do think that we deserved a better S/J ending these guys have a really difficult thing to do- they either give a little bit of ship that keeps some people relativly happy but not that happy or do a big thing that leaves half the fan base really annoyed i.e no ship or loads of it! SO they have to kinda estimate the risk to it's rating and stuff. But again I wouldv'e loved a kiss- he he even a bedroom scene!!

girlgater
June 21st, 2005, 06:12 AM
TY! thats all i needed to hear lol!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v648/want2sing85/fanart%20and%20mods/sj_howitshouldbe_wp_th.jpg (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v648/want2sing85/fanart%20and%20mods/sj_howitshouldbe_wp.jpg)
800x600
Lyrics - Dare you to move switch foot
also see the full manip here: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v648/want2sing85/fanart%20and%20mods/snj.jpg

Great pic!

girlgater
June 21st, 2005, 06:17 AM
Welcome, New Shippers!!!

This is such a great family; I'm sure you'll enjoy hanging out here.

girlgater
June 21st, 2005, 06:19 AM

Great! I'm doing the single parent thing with my husband working a horrible shift this week. I'll read it tonight. I'm sure it's as good as the others!

blueiris
June 21st, 2005, 06:37 AM
Hiya everyone, I was relativly happy with the end of seaosn 8 because even though i do think that we deserved a better S/J ending these guys have a really difficult thing to do- they either give a little bit of ship that keeps some people relativly happy but not that happy or do a big thing that leaves half the fan base really annoyed i.e no ship or loads of it! SO they have to kinda estimate the risk to it's rating and stuff. But again I wouldv'e loved a kiss- he he even a bedroom scene!!
I agree somewhat. But just having them hold hands in that last scene of Threads and M2 would have been so much more without being a load of ship'. I truly think that at least that much should have been the 'least' they could do in tying up that particular thread. I do believe that Sam and Jack are together at that point. But because they didn't tie it completely, (again, at the very least, just the holding of hands) I'm really afraid that it has been dropped. Perhaps its still there, perhaps its not. With RDA (and Jack) gone, I dont think that little bit would have lost them any audience. IMO as always. Sorry if I sound ship negative, but I've watched a couple of shippy scenes recently and I'm feeling sad that there will probably not be anymore of those moments.

Lord Zedd
June 21st, 2005, 06:40 AM
Hi welcome divcon, jay and singergirl. Welcome to the shipperfamily. Have you had some cookies made by ship nana or recieve a note that posting in here you'll get insane. I am bringing a friend also in here. He made himself an acount but wasn't able to post yet. :p :p

shipper hannah
June 21st, 2005, 07:14 AM
welcome newbies!!
http://www.clicksmilies.com/s0105/huepfen/jumping-smiley-024.gif

dmovies
June 21st, 2005, 07:36 AM
I agree with you completely-it just isn't going to be the same with Jack and Sam. It would be a lot easier to watch it, and maybe even enjoy it, if we knew our favorite couple was at least keeping touch with one another.

sg-1fanintn
June 21st, 2005, 07:37 AM

I really hope that during season 9, we will have some clues, like phone conversations, that Sam and Jack are indeed together. How could they not be together ?? regulations are not in the way anymore, so I can't think of any good reason for them not being together. It's okay if they want to take it slow, not to rush anything, but there has to be at least a little something going on between them ! And I want to see that little something in the show :)

I agree with you wholeheartedly, divcon. How could we be totally satisfied with an AU kiss and a real S & J fishing trip.....with Daniel and Teal'c along? The only comfort I think all the AU and alien-influenced romance stories give us is to provide repeated proof that these two people, these two souls, are so undeniably meant to be together that they find each other no matter what the circumstances! That's a little esoteric to be really comforting, though, when what we really want to see is OUR Sam and Jack engaged in a "big honkin' kiss!!!"

So, welcome to our happy/sad, up/down, somewhat psychotic world!

However, I have to agree also with majorsal, who keeps telling us, "This ship ain't over by a long shot!" In my wildest dreams, I can't conceive of RDA denying us the pleasure of seeing him come back to REALLY wrap up Jack's storyline with Sam.....even if we don't see him again until the last few episodes of the series! And majorsal knows RDA better than anyone, don't you, Sally (wink, wink)?

By the way:

Welcome, divcon!

Rogue
June 21st, 2005, 07:42 AM
I agree somewhat. But just having them hold hands in that last scene of Threads and M2 would have been so much more without being a load of ship'. I truly think that at least that much should have been the 'least' they could do in tying up that particular thread. I do believe that Sam and Jack are together at that point. But because they didn't tie it completely, (again, at the very least, just the holding of hands) I'm really afraid that it has been dropped. Perhaps its still there, perhaps its not. With RDA (and Jack) gone, I dont think that little bit would have lost them any audience. IMO as always. Sorry if I sound ship negative, but I've watched a couple of shippy scenes recently and I'm feeling sad that there will probably not be anymore of those moments.

Well I'm with you. I would have like to have seen them holding hands in the fishing scene. I would have known for sure they were a couple. TPTB are too busy trying to please everyone, but end up pleasing no one.

dipsofjazz
June 21st, 2005, 09:30 AM
:D Welcome Jay, Singergirl and Divcon ! :D

http://bestsmileys.com/welcome/3.gif

Magna Defender
June 21st, 2005, 09:34 AM
Hello everybody I am the Magna Defender. This is my very first post and I spent it in here. I came from Stargate Omega forum. Anubis told me that I should join this forum so I did and than he told me that I should come in here so I did. :p so I am not a stargate fan that long, haven't seen all seasons but I know how it ends so far. Anubis couldn't keep his mouth shut :p. He went on and on. Now we run the Stargate Omega forum together. We don't have that many members yet but well it became online about a month ago and before everything was ready, ... so euh is this ship family of yours big?

Magna Defender

blueiris
June 21st, 2005, 09:45 AM
Welcome, Magna Defender, to GateWorld and to the Sam and Jack Shipper Thread!

This is a very large and very fun group. Maybe not quite as active as it was before the end of season 8, but very much still alive.

I personally don't have as much time to spend on the computer these days but I still love to lurk when I can and post occasionally.

Have fun, and post lots!

blueiris
June 21st, 2005, 09:49 AM
Egads, I always read the posts starting with the last, so just noticed there have been several new posters in the shipper thread.

Welcome to all the newbies!

Magna Defender
June 21st, 2005, 09:59 AM
Egads, I always read the posts starting with the last, so just noticed there have been several new posters in the shipper thread.

I am one of those new posters :p

Daniel's_twin
June 21st, 2005, 10:19 AM
Welcome Magna Defender! You have made a wise decision in being a Shipper! Hope to see you around a lot! :cool:

sueKay
June 21st, 2005, 10:28 AM
WELCOME ALL THE NEWBIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Have fun and post a lot and have some shipper cookies and dr shipper

<imagine nice graphics...they're on my home computer>

glad everyone liked the quarterly report!!!!!

CONGRATS _ANUBIS!!!!!!!!!!

sg-1fanintn
June 21st, 2005, 10:35 AM
Hello everybody I am the Magna Defender. This is my very first post and I spent it in here. I came from Stargate Omega forum. Anubis told me that I should join this forum so I did and than he told me that I should come in here so I did. :p so I am not a stargate fan that long, haven't seen all seasons but I know how it ends so far. Anubis couldn't keep his mouth shut :p. He went on and on. Now we run the Stargate Omega forum together. We don't have that many members yet but well it became online about a month ago and before everything was ready, ... so euh is this ship family of yours big?

Magna Defender

Welcome, Magna Defender!

Are you a S/J Shipper? If you want Sam & Jack together, this is the place for you.

The S/J ship family is huge.....about a third of the overall fan base.

Oma-1
June 21st, 2005, 10:46 AM
WELCOME ALL THE NEWBIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Have fun and post a lot and have some shipper cookies and dr shipper

<imagine nice graphics...they're on my home computer>

Here ya go sueKay :D

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v685/Oma-1/drshipper.bmp

http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/12/12_4_22.gif

:eek: Ran out of Diet Dr Shippers :eek: :eek: Can anyone help??????

Oma-1
June 21st, 2005, 10:49 AM
Just want to say a quick hello to all our new shippers! *waves*

http://bestsmileys.com/welcome/9.gif

Great to have you all in the family :D

I'll be back to catch up and ship with a vengence tonight after the kids are in bed! :D

Magna Defender
June 21st, 2005, 11:03 AM
Thank you all for the welcome :p I guess I'll come visit in here a lot :p You seem all very nice people. ;) _Anubis said that he likes it in here, that he post here a lot but appartently he wasn't on the top or something :p I don't know,whatever

Magna Defender

sueKay
June 21st, 2005, 11:06 AM
Magna Defender - what forums do you hang out at apart from Omega, because I recognise your name?????

sueKay
June 21st, 2005, 11:09 AM
sueKay presents...

The Third Race - Chapters 16 and 17 - 'Revisions' and 'The Ugly Truth'

Deep under the desert sands, the team become separated. Sam begins having doubts about Pete, while he and Jack meet their fate...

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2070659/16/

:D:D:D

Gatetrixer
June 21st, 2005, 11:56 AM
Well I'm with you. I would have like to have seen them holding hands in the fishing scene. I would have known for sure they were a couple. TPTB are too busy trying to please everyone, but end up pleasing no one.

Why couldn't they have at least had them call each other by their first names!! "Jack, this is great!" "Well, Sam, let's not dwell." BTW, when is the last time Jack called her "Sam?" Not as a hallucination, though.

shipper hannah
June 21st, 2005, 12:14 PM
sueKay presents...

The Third Race - Chapters 16 and 17 - 'Revisions' and 'The Ugly Truth'

Deep under the desert sands, the team become separated. Sam begins having doubts about Pete, while he and Jack meet their fate...

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2070659/16/

:D:D:D

the link only goes up to chapter 16

Grace O'Neill
June 21st, 2005, 12:43 PM
Why couldn't they have at least had them call each other by their first names!! "Jack, this is great!" "Well, Sam, let's not dwell." BTW, when is the last time Jack called her "Sam?" Not as a hallucination, though.

I don't remember the last time he called her Sam, but man... I love it when he does. I think Sam loves it as well. It's just so much more intimate and personal. He probably stopped calling her Sam (or at least not as much) after she got engaged to Petey :eek: . I don't think I will ever call him Pete. He is Petey to me... :D But anyway, it looks like he tried to stay away from her to protect himself from getting hurt. He did tell her to get a life. Be careful what you wish for... :(

Have I told you guys lately how HAPPY I am that :eek: is gone?

Well, here it goes...

I AM SO HAPPY THAT :eek: IS GONE!!!!!

shipper hannah
June 21st, 2005, 01:01 PM
have i told you guys lately how HAPPY I am that :eek: is gone?

Well, here it goes...

mee tooo! :D yay!

Daniel's_twin
June 21st, 2005, 01:16 PM
I don't remember the last time he called her Sam, but man... I love it when he does. I think Sam loves it as well. It's just so much more intimate and personal. He probably stopped calling her Sam (or at least not as much) after she got engaged to Petey :eek: . I don't think I will ever call him Pete. He is Petey to me... :D But anyway, it looks like he tried to stay away from her to protect himself from getting hurt. He did tell her to get a life. Be careful what you wish for... :(

Well, here it goes...

I think everyone shares that sentimence. :cool:

Oma-1
June 21st, 2005, 01:23 PM
It's done, it's done, it's done, it's done! Presenting the sequel to my first fanfic, "No Explanation Needed:"

Confessions

Now, it's certainly not as...uh...satisfying as MeiMei's work, but it's still shippy.

Feedback is appreciated!

LMAO at the ending!! (((ST-1))) For once, Daniel's timing is impeccable :p (((Daniel & Teal'c))) Really loved the way you wrote that! Ya really had me going there - I believed them too!! :D

Oma-1
June 21st, 2005, 01:33 PM

Think about it.

I don't think tptb will ever abandon the ship either. JM's given me enough to keep hoping for the odd reference of an on-going shippy relationship through S9.

And I have to admit that if Sam and Jack do get married and ride off into the sunset, I'd keep watching out of pure gratitude for such an EXCELLENT resolution :p

Well, they're hoping we'll like the new characters......but we know we prefer the people we know! Very interesting theory. And in that same vein, I still maintain that since RDA owns a piece of the show, he couldn't, wouldn't ever, ever refuse to come back and wrap up Jack's storyline with Sam.....right?

Yep. We know RDA wanted the door left open for Jack. I'll never believe tptb would end SG-1 without completing this particular storyline. (As long as they don't do a Green Card on us!!! Anyone remember that movie? :eek: :p)

Oma-1
June 21st, 2005, 01:38 PM
THANKS, Aunt Sally!!!! I know I can count on you to do the dirty work for us! :p

I would like to add further to your comments S9
"That's how I'm playing Carter's decision to leave the SGC." - Sam isn't on loan to Area 51. She left the SGC; therefore, she is NOT under Jack's command. Is that taking it too far?? :o
Nope. That's the way I see it too. :D - or we're both in outerspace and its the anoxia talking :p

Oma-1
June 21st, 2005, 01:47 PM
Very good fics ST-1 ! http://yelims5.free.fr/TopOuNul/Applaudissements02.gif

Now, do you plan to write a sequel to your sequel ? ;) :D
Excellent question! How long are they gonna be stuck on that planet again? :p Is it me, or does ice seem to bring out the best in the ship? Solitudes .... Beneath The Surface .... Confessions .... :D

Rogue
June 21st, 2005, 01:49 PM

Well, here it goes...

Its fun to stay at the Y-M-C-A
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v474/mkmoulder/potatoeheaddancing.gif

Yep, were all happy!

Oma-1
June 21st, 2005, 01:57 PM
The only comfort I think all the AU and alien-influenced romance stories give us is to provide repeated proof that these two people, these two souls, are so undeniably meant to be together that they find each other no matter what the circumstances! That's a little esoteric to be really comforting, though, when what we really want to see is OUR Sam and Jack engaged in a "big honkin' kiss!!!"

This is the only reason I overcame my disappointment with M1&2 - and it still took lots of the family bashing me over the head with it :p

http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/36/36_1_42.gif
"It's for your own good, Oma!"

So, welcome to our happy/sad, up/down, somewhat psychotic world!

Psychotic? Us? Well, you could have a point .......

Oma-1
June 21st, 2005, 02:02 PM
Its fun to stay at the Y-M-C-A
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v474/mkmoulder/potatoeheaddancing.gif

Yep, were all happy!
http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/36/36_11_6.gif

I'm seeing the cop with the big moustache chasing :eek: around the YMCA!

As we seem to be up for a round of Pete bashing tonight ........

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v685/Oma-1/hockeypuck.jpg

Rogue
June 21st, 2005, 02:06 PM
http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/36/36_11_6.gif

I'm seeing the cop with the big moustache chasing :eek: around the YMCA!

As we seem to be up for a round of Pete bashing tonight ........

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v685/Oma-1/hockeypuck.jpg

LoL, thats great. How about a game of kick the potatoe head?
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v474/mkmoulder/Stargate/SGMm_356-potatohead.jpg

Oma-1
June 21st, 2005, 02:17 PM
Glad you like it Rogue - I knicked the idea from you! :o

I'll proudly confess to plagiarism :D

Rogue
June 21st, 2005, 02:24 PM
Glad you like it Rogue - I knicked the idea from you! :o

I'll proudly confess to plagiarism :D

Anytime. Heres one I did a while back.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v474/mkmoulder/Stargate/miaham-potato.jpg

Go Mia Go!

Oma-1
June 21st, 2005, 02:28 PM
Found some more old favourites :D

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v685/Oma-1/potatoheadholiday.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v685/Oma-1/killpete.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v685/Oma-1/lakeinminnesota.jpg

and finally ....

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v685/Oma-1/bluedevilduckie.jpg

(((Mary Beth))) Breathe deep! I'm only :eek: bashing - not DDL. ;)

Oma-1
June 21st, 2005, 02:31 PM
Anytime. Heres one I did a while back.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v474/mkmoulder/Stargate/miaham-potato.jpg

Go Mia Go!

LOL!!!! We could use him for the England penalty kicks! We'd finally win a penalty shoot out and he could be our lucky mascot forevermore :p

Rogue
June 21st, 2005, 02:34 PM

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v685/Oma-1/lakeinminnesota.jpg]

and finally ....

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v685/Oma-1/bluedevilduckie.jpg]

(((Mary Beth))) Breathe deep! I'm only :eek: bashing - not DDL. ;)

Those are definitly classics. I wish I could find my potatoe head dart board. If I find it tonight I will post it.

In the mean time, here is one of my favorites.

Detective Potatoe head helps Sam crack the case.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v474/mkmoulder/Stargate/peteonduty.jpg

Rogue
June 21st, 2005, 02:37 PM
OMG, I forgot about this one.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v474/mkmoulder/Stargate/PEguinesplayingsoccer-SG1.bmp

jack_n_sam147
June 21st, 2005, 02:42 PM
OK, so who are we bashing? I'd like to know so that I can join in on the fun...

BTW, Rouge, I like your Sam/ blue Jello pic... ha ha :D How did you center it?

EDIT: Oh, Pete... lol :D Yes, I'd definately LOVE to bash Pete... I hate him... in fact, I hate anyone that like Major Carter... especially McKay... Oh, I HATE McKay... I've come up with a very gruesome (sp?) way to die...

Rogue
June 21st, 2005, 02:44 PM
OK, so who are we bashing? I'd like to know so that I can join in on the fun...

BTW, Rouge, I like your Sam/ blue Jello pic... ha ha :D How did you center it?

for the newbies potatoe head = Pete. So mash and bash away.

I used the align center tags.

Uber
June 21st, 2005, 02:50 PM

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v685/Oma-1/lakeinminnesota.jpg

and finally ....

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v685/Oma-1/bluedevilduckie.jpg

(((Mary Beth))) Breathe deep! I'm only :eek: bashing - not DDL. ;)Good...because I've said it before and I'll say it again...

DAVID DELUISE IS HOT!

Thank you.

PS....Sam and Jack forever... :D:D:D:D

Billie
June 21st, 2005, 02:55 PM
http://bestsmileys.com/welcome/11.gif
Billie!!!

Wimbledon? Wow! I wonder who would win if Sam and Jack played tennis? Of course, after a hot, sweaty match they could hit the showers together. ;) :D

Great quote from Enemies! Keep them coming!!

I doubt Jack and Sam would even make it out of the locker room ;) ;) so I guess that makes it LOVE ALL!!

mmm...here's a thought...RDA in tennis whites :D :D .....I think I might need to hit the showers!!

TameFarrar
June 21st, 2005, 02:56 PM
LOL...I thought I would pop in and I had to laugh....Weren't we doing the EXACT SAME THING (bashing/smashing Pete) last year about this time....worried and waiting for the new season premiere...:D

I guess times do cycle around ...*WAVES* HI SHIPPERS!!!!!! :D :D ((((HUGS)))) just waiting patiently for new stuff to chat about so I don't bore anyone with the same Sam & Jack stuff I have written way to many times.... But I do thank all of you wqanderful people who did stay and read it for the tenth time anyway :D... hee hee

Is it JULY YET!!!! :)

Oma-1
June 21st, 2005, 03:04 PM
OMG, I forgot about this one.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v474/mkmoulder/Stargate/PEguinesplayingsoccer-SG1.bmp
This one is fantastic! :D Anyone got any more? :p

jack_n_sam147
June 21st, 2005, 03:05 PM
OK, this isn't as good as yours, but I only have paint. But I want to contribute to the Pete bashing as much as possible, so:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v681/british_chik7/Banners/killmrpotatopete.jpg

Oma-1
June 21st, 2005, 03:07 PM
LOL...I thought I would pop in and I had to laugh....Weren't we doing the EXACT SAME THING (bashing/smashing Pete) last year about this time....worried and waiting for the new season premiere...:D

I guess times do cycle around ...*WAVES* HI SHIPPERS!!!!!! :D :D ((((HUGS)))) just waiting patiently for new stuff to chat about so I don't bore anyone with the same Sam & Jack stuff I have written way to many times.... But I do thank all of you wqanderful people who did stay and read it for the tenth time anyway :D... hee hee

Is it JULY YET!!!! :)
Post it all again anyway Tame - there's lots of us who missed it the first time around :p

Alternatively - anymore fic recs????? :hopeful grin:

jack_n_sam147
June 21st, 2005, 03:10 PM
Yes, Tame, I'm new, I'd like to see your stuff...

I like your banner, Oma! It's cool!

BTW, do only Mods start new threads? Or can we, too? b/c I think 243 pages deserves a new thread...

Rogue
June 21st, 2005, 03:15 PM
OK, this isn't as good as yours, but I only have paint. But I want to contribute to the Pete bashing as much as possible, so:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v681/british_chik7/Banners/killmrpotatopete.jpg

http://bestsmileys.com/welcome/12.gif

jack n sam147.

LOL, thats pretty good.

How about:
Jack: Blast him Teal'c, I'm hungry for mash potatoes.

Billie
June 21st, 2005, 03:18 PM
Just a little snipet of info to share with you all. One of the UK national papers published the result of a poll by the Cult TV website of the most popular cult show over the past 40 years as voted by television fans and our beloved Stargate came in fourth!! YEA!! Not bad considering it was only beaten by Doctor Who, Star Trek and Buffy/Angel.

My flatmate is yet to be converted to all that is Stargate (I am trying my best honest!) and so I cut out the article, highlighted all things relevant and left it in a pertinent place for her to find...she laughed alot and so I think her resolve is beginning to crack! :) :) Tomorrow night I'll lock her in the lounge with nothing to watch but divide and conquer and window of opportunity...now that should sort her out!! :D :cool:

jack_n_sam147
June 21st, 2005, 03:20 PM
Even better!!! I'm going to make a new one with that! lol :D

Also, can we make new threads? Or only Mods? Cuz 243 pages is more than enough! lol :D

Oma-1
June 21st, 2005, 03:21 PM
Yes, Tame, I'm new, I'd like to see your stuff...

I like your banner, Oma! It's cool!

BTW, do only Mods start new threads? Or can we, too? b/c I think 243 pages deserves a new thread...

As for the new thread - we usually wait until we get to 500 pages or so. This one's still only half grown :p Hard to believe I've only been here since Feb and this is my 3rd thread! (- although I did lurk for a wee while first)

Oma-1
June 21st, 2005, 03:23 PM
http://bestsmileys.com/welcome/12.gif

jack n sam147.

LOL, thats pretty good.

How about:
Jack: Blast him Teal'c, I'm hungry for mash potatoes.
I'm assuming Rogue is seeing a pic I'm not??? 147 - what's your pic of?

Oma-1
June 21st, 2005, 03:25 PM
Just a little snipet of info to share with you all. One of the UK national papers published the result of a poll by the Cult TV website of the most popular cult show over the past 40 years as voted by television fans and our beloved Stargate came in fourth!! YEA!! Not bad considering it was only beaten by Doctor Who, Star Trek and Buffy/Angel.

My flatmate is yet to be converted to all that is Stargate (I am trying my best honest!) and so I cut out the article, highlighted all things relevant and left it in a pertinent place for her to find...she laughed alot and so I think her resolve is beginning to crack! :) :) Tomorrow night I'll lock her in the lounge with nothing to watch but divide and conquer and window of opportunity...now that should sort her out!! :D :cool:
If that doesn't work we'll mobilise the penguins :D

divcon
June 21st, 2005, 03:26 PM
Hi guys I'm back. Thanks for all the warm welcomes and I can't wait to discuss more about Jack and Sam. I love them and so want them to marry now that he is no longer her CO> :) :)

sg-1fanintn
June 21st, 2005, 03:27 PM
This is the only reason I overcame my disappointment with M1&2 - and it still took lots of the family bashing me over the head with it :p

http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/36/36_1_42.gif
"It's for your own good, Oma!"

Psychotic? Us? Well, you could have a point .......

Oma-1, you always make me laugh! That smiley is one of the best I've seen!

Welcome, jack n sam147!
If you love to talk about Stargate's most-denied lovers, you've come to the right place! Visit often and post lots!

jack_n_sam147
June 21st, 2005, 03:33 PM
500 pages?!?!?!?!?!?!? Holy crud!!!!!!

Oh, well. Here's my new and improved "Kill Mr. Potato Pete" Image...
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v681/british_chik7/Banners/hungry.jpg

lol, sg-1, I love your banner! lol, it's funny!

And my pic was of O'Neill standing next to Teal'c, who is holding a staff weapon to a Mr. Potato Head, and O'Neill is sating, "Get him, Teal'c!" But now he's saying, "Blast him, Teal'c, I'm hungry for mashed potatoes."

And thanks for the welcomes! :D

divcon
June 21st, 2005, 03:35 PM
[QUOTE=Grace O'Neill]I don't remember the last time he called her Sam, but man... I love it when he does. I think Sam loves it as well. It's just so much more intimate and personal.QUOTE]

Gee the last time I can remember is when the Ashrak killed Jolinar and Sam was fighting for her life. He called her Sam and when then arrived in the infirmary he wiped away tears from his eyes. :o :o

jack_n_sam147
June 21st, 2005, 03:39 PM
What ep was that????? I might be forgetting a key Jack and Sam moment! AAAAHHHHH!!!!!!!!!

Rogue
June 21st, 2005, 03:49 PM
How about a game of darts?
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v474/mkmoulder/Stargate/dartboard-pete.gif

divcon
June 21st, 2005, 03:52 PM
What ep was that????? I might be forgetting a key Jack and Sam moment! AAAAHHHHH!!!!!!!!!

It's called " In the line of duty" , season 2 episode 2 :) :)
The tear wiping is very quick, watch just after Sam is brought into the infirmary and moved from the gurney to the bed the camera shows Jack and Teal'c and Jack is wiping a tear from under his nose and then he takes a swipe at his nose. Must admit that I replay it over and over when I watch this episode.

divcon
June 21st, 2005, 03:54 PM
I meant to say he wipes a tear from under his eyes.

LOL4JACK
June 21st, 2005, 03:56 PM
Don't worry Jack_n_Sam, I find myself in that position over and over again :D but I can tell you that so far I've learned a lot!!!

You are so going to enjoy watching these eps again, it is like you never saw them before :p

jack_n_sam147
June 21st, 2005, 03:59 PM
Ooh! Will watch when gets home (If has time... :( )

Yes, rouge, I always love a good game of darts... lol :D

BTW, LOL (is it OK if I call you that?) I like your highlight! Is that a real spoiler? :is excited:

LOL4JACK
June 21st, 2005, 04:19 PM
Ooh! Will watch when gets home (If has time... :( )

Yes, rouge, I always love a good game of darts... lol :D

BTW, LOL (is it OK if I call you that?) I like your highlight! Is that a real spoiler? :is excited:
Are you laughing at me???? :D of course you can call me LOL, although I might get confused :confused:

Regarding my sig.... did you see threads? so many things happened in that trip :D :D :D

Grace O'Neill
June 21st, 2005, 04:19 PM
Oh my... :D :D :D

All this bashing is great. You guys had me rolling on the floor of my cubicle at work. Thank goodness the boss is not around ;)

I wish I could do all these wonders on my PC... The potato head really deserves it!

jack_n_sam147
June 21st, 2005, 04:25 PM
Are you laughing at me???? :D of course you can call me LOL, although I might get confused :confused:

Regarding my sig.... did you see threads? so many things happened in that trip :D :D :D

Yes, I did! one of my fave eps since Carter broke up with Pete in that episode... w00t! :D But I thought it meant just them, since Teal'c and Daniel were there, too... drat! lol :D

Oh, and I'll use caps for you and lowercase for the abbreviation. :D Yes, I'd thought of that, too... :D

LOL4JACK
June 21st, 2005, 04:31 PM
Yes, I did! one of my fave eps since Carter broke up with Pete in that episode... w00t! :D But I thought it meant just them, since Teal'c and Daniel were there, too... drat! lol :D

Oh, and I'll use caps for you and lowercase for the abbreviation. :D Yes, I'd thought of that, too... :D
Well, I think most of us agree that Sam and Jack had been in the cabin for a while before Teal'c and Daniel got there.... I don't know if you noticed but Sam and Jack where very comfortable fishing, sitting, talking and THEN Teal'c and Daniel arrived ;) It's a shippy world :D

jack_n_sam147
June 21st, 2005, 04:33 PM
Ooh, good point... yes, very shippy... muaha!

divcon
June 21st, 2005, 04:36 PM
who knows, maybe Jack and Sam had been there all week and Daniel and Teal'c only came up for the weekend. :o :D

jack_n_sam147
June 21st, 2005, 04:40 PM
Ahh, yes... yes, let's stick with that! lol :D

Is bored. Who here hates McKay?

RamonaThePest
June 21st, 2005, 05:23 PM
You guys, I'm a shipper but.... **spoiler coming up***

I've decided that Kerry is lucky she got out when she did. Would she have been strung along forever while he mooned over Sam? And okay, if TPTB never give closure/completion to the ship, why can't we the audience be privy to Jack's thoughts telling us why he won't retire (he's done it before) even if he doesn't tell Sam? Shouldn't the audience know? Even in a horror movie, we see what's coming even if the characters themselves don't know.

girlgater
June 21st, 2005, 05:33 PM
Wow, is this thread busy tonight or what!!!???? It's great to see all the new faces. Welcome, everyone.

I love the :eek: pics. They are so funny. I missed them as I'm a relatively new shipper. Poor :eek: ; he just never had a chance with Sam's heart or our own. He could never measure up to Jack.

With Jack being such a complex character, it would be nice for TPTB to have given us some insight into what he's thinking and feeling. The most we've seen is his frustration at their situation and his attempt at moving on with his life. The many, many looks that he has given Sam over the years break my heart when you realize that he's had these feelings, but never been able to tell her. I'm sure he's frustrated.

It's also been hard on Sam as well. She had such a love-starved past (losing her Mom early, her Dad's estrangement and not to mention lack of a personal love interest). Jack fulfills her on so many levels and it's just so sad that they haven't let them be together! At least we've seen her feelings for him expressed--even though it's been in her mind or AU.

Sorry for the rambling, but I'm feeling kinda blue. That being said, I am still looking forward to S9 and the outward, demonstrated, resolution of the Sam/Jack relationship.

jack_n_sam147
June 21st, 2005, 05:37 PM
You guys, I'm a shipper but.... I've decided that Kerry is lucky she got out when she did. Would she have been strung along forever while he mooned over Sam? And okay, if TPTB never give closure/completion to the ship, why can't we the audience be privy to Jack's thoughts telling us why he won't retire (he's done it before) even if he doesn't tell Sam? Shouldn't the audience know? Even in a horror movie, we see what's coming even if the characters themselves don't know.

Kerry? huh? :confused: Who's that?

RamonaThePest
June 21st, 2005, 05:40 PM
I'm worried that from comments from the producers/writers that they'll leave us hanging in their efforts to please everyone. I wish they would take a poll to see who's really watching. I can't imagine that the grumps who claim they can't see a relationship and that we shippers are making it all up -- I can't believe their numbers can come near ours. Even the director's comments on the dvd's will sometimes imply that we came up with this on our own. Liars! They wrote it, we just watch it.

RamonaThePest
June 21st, 2005, 05:45 PM
Are you sure you want to know? I'm sorry but I'm new and I went back to my message later to list the "spoiler" warning.

jack_n_sam147
June 21st, 2005, 05:45 PM
I'm sucsessfully (sp?) confused.

I'm going back to my original question: Who here hates McKay?

Cassie
June 21st, 2005, 05:47 PM
WELCOME singergirl, Magna Defender, Divcon, jack_n_sam147, RamonaThePest!!!!!!

Kerry? huh? :confused: Who's that?
She was in the ep. threads she wa Jack's girlfriend for 1 ep. Wouldn't have minded that for Chimera! :P

RamonaThePest
June 21st, 2005, 05:49 PM
Didn't mean to "spoil" anything for anyone. How do you do the blank out spoiler but "highlight here"thingee?

girlgater
June 21st, 2005, 05:50 PM
I'm worried that from comments from the producers/writers that they'll leave us hanging in their efforts to please everyone. I wish they would take a poll to see who's really watching. I can't imagine that the grumps who claim they can't see a relationship and that we shippers are making it all up -- I can't believe their numbers can come near ours. Even the director's comments on the dvd's will sometimes imply that we came up with this on our own. Liars! They wrote it, we just watch it.

I'm not sure what they're thinking either. I know that part of the motivation in keeping Sam/Jack apart it is driven by ratings and the more they drag us along, with all the frustration, they think that high ratings will continue. We also are glued to our sets waiting for any tiny tidbit of ship. They know that. I also think that they try and please everyone--a good thought--but they are somewhat misguided on what the repercussions would be should they put them together. There are all sorts of opinions--one being that if Sam and Jack were openly together that it would ruin the show (a theory, I personally do not agree with). Other SG-1 fans think that there should be no ship within a scifi show (another theory I do not agree with).

Irregardless of what happens in S9 (and I hope that they will show us something), I'll keep watching. I started watching SG-1 for the great storylines and interpersonal relationships between the main characters. The fact that I became hooked on the Sam/Jack ship is just a terrific added bonus.

jack_n_sam147
June 21st, 2005, 05:53 PM
Oh! Yes, very glad she left! It seems that ep is "The One..." I mean, looking back at it now, the writers certainly make it seem so! I mean, with Carter breaking up with Pete and Jack breaking up with Kerry, and the whole, "Thanks for being there/ always" thing, it seems like it's The One... where one of 'em quits the Air Force and they live happily ever after. But I suppose that would be better for a Season finale... :sigh:

RamonaThePest
June 21st, 2005, 05:55 PM
I'm not sure what they're thinking either. I know that part of the motivation in keeping Sam/Jack apart it is driven by ratings and the more they drag us along, with all the frustration, they think that high ratings will continue. We also are glued to our sets waiting for any tiny tidbit of ship. They know that. I also think that they try and please everyone--a good thought--but they are somewhat misguided on what the repercussions would be should they put them together. There are all sorts of opinions--one being that if Sam and Jack were openly together that it would ruin the show (a theory, I personally do not agree with). Other SG-1 fans think that there should be no ship within a scifi show (another theory I do not agree with).

Irregardless of what happens in S9 (and I hope that they will show us something), I'll keep watching. I started watching SG-1 for the great storylines and interpersonal relationships between the main characters. The fact that I became hooked on the Sam/Jack ship is just a terrific added bonus.

Relationships are a part of life and since this show has stayed around for the long haul -- what do people expect? I'm not a sap who just has to have a happy ending (althought that would be best), but what ever happened to CLOSURE??? I mean, even if Jack would just explain to Sam that he feels he has nothing to give cause of Charlie he never wants a family/attachments again -- SOMETHING! I can't see how they'll resolve this since I've been watching a lot of sites and all of the producers keep saying RDA will "hopefully" be in Season 9 but so far in all the articles and synopsis of the Season 9 episodes that I've seen -- he's not scheduled to be. Has anyone heard that he will definitely be in Season 9?

RamonaThePest
June 21st, 2005, 06:00 PM
Oh! Yes, very glad she left! It seems that ep is "The One..." I mean, looking back at it now, the writers certainly make it seem so! I mean, with Carter breaking up with Pete and Jack breaking up with Kerry, and the whole, "Thanks for being there/ always" thing, it seems like it's The One... where one of 'em quits the Air Force and they live happily ever after. But I suppose that would be better for a Season finale... :sigh:

I want to respond, but I don't know how to hide my spoiler. Can you help/advise? :)

girlgater
June 21st, 2005, 06:00 PM
Didn't mean to "spoil" anything for anyone. How do you do the blank out spoiler but "highlight here"thingee?

You can find instructions on how to post spoilers, pictures, etc. under Off Topic/About the Forum. Basically you type in the word with a left bracket spoilers right bracket, then your spoiler. Then type left bracket /spoilers right bracket. Everything in between the spoilers and /spoilers is hidden unless you highlight it. You can click on preview post to be sure that what you want to be hidden is hidden. It's hard to give instructions without the instructions themselves being hidden. When I talk about brackets, with "text" being put instead of spoiler(s), here is what it should look like:

blah, blah, blah Just substitute spoilers for text. Hope that helps.

RamonaThePest
June 21st, 2005, 06:02 PM
Thanks girlgator

girlgater
June 21st, 2005, 06:05 PM
Relationships are a part of life and since this show has stayed around for the long haul -- what do people expect? I'm not a sap who just has to have a happy ending (althought that would be best), but what ever happened to CLOSURE??? I mean, even if Jack would just explain to Sam that he feels he has nothing to give cause of Charlie he never wants a family/attachments again -- SOMETHING! I can't see how they'll resolve this since I've been watching a lot of sites and all of the producers keep saying RDA will "hopefully" be in Season 9 but so far in all the articles and synopsis of the Season 9 episodes that I've seen -- he's not scheduled to be. Has anyone heard that he will definitely be in Season 9?

You'd think that they would treat this relationship as what it is...an adult relationship. It's not some immature, puppy love kind of feelings for each other. It's also not sexual since they haven't even kissed in their reality with both aware! Their relationship has evolved into LOVE.

There are spoilers out there that say that RDA will be in 3 or so episodes in S9. The thing that has most shippers worried is that thus far he has been reported to be appearing in episodes that would be filmed before Amanda returned. That's why everyone is hoping for a phone conversation or at least one of them referencing the other.

RamonaThePest
June 21st, 2005, 06:11 PM
Oh! Yes, very glad she left! It seems that ep is "The One..." I mean, looking back at it now, the writers certainly make it seem so! I mean, with Carter breaking up with Pete and Jack breaking up with Kerry, and the whole, "Thanks for being there/ always" thing, it seems like it's The One... where one of 'em quits the Air Force and they live happily ever after. But I suppose that would be better for a Season finale... :sigh: I don't trust the writers after hearing their comments on the dvds special features "this will never be the Sam & Jack show". Not that we're asking for that -- I enjoy all of the characters and plot but...they alway seem to manage to make it very vague as if they're afraid of offending the ship-haters. and at the time that Jack told Sam "always" for being there, Sam didn't know he'd split with Kerry. Forgive me I still love him but I'm startng to get a bit peeved with Jack. (And the writers)

LOL4JACK
June 21st, 2005, 06:15 PM
Hey, hey, hey... please no need to panic :eek: , why is there no closure?, easy, as majorsal says...

Because the ship and the show ain't over yet! :D

I went back a couple of pages to retrieve this post and it has given me the peace to look up S9 with expectation :p.

However, I have to agree also with majorsal, who keeps telling us, "This ship ain't over by a long shot!" In my wildest dreams, I can't conceive of RDA denying us the pleasure of seeing him come back to REALLY wrap up Jack's storyline with Sam.....even if we don't see him again until the last few episodes of the series! And majorsal knows RDA better than anyone, don't you, Sally (wink, wink)?

RDA has filmed scenes in eps 1 & 3 so far, that's a fact and of course as I mentioned before, we all know that he will come back at the end of the season for his wedding with Sam :D:D:D

RamonaThePest
June 21st, 2005, 06:21 PM
Hey, hey, hey... please no need to panic :eek: , why is there no closure?, easy, as majorsal says...

I went back a couple of pages to retrieve this post and it has given me the peace to look up S9 with expectation :p.

RDA has filmed scenes in eps 1 & 3 so far, that's a fact and of course as I mentioned before, we all know that he will come back at the end of the season for his wedding with Sam :D:D:D
Well, on that positive note -- this was my first time posting and I enjoyed the discussion. Going to sleep now. Goodnight all.

Cassie
June 21st, 2005, 06:56 PM

RDA will hopefully be back in 4!!! Remember what Token said...
http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost.php?p=4307359&postcount=4641

LOL4JACK
June 21st, 2005, 07:04 PM
That's true :D I had forgotten that!!!! We should always keep these post around, thanks Cassie, now I will definitly go to bed with a smile :p

nell
June 21st, 2005, 07:08 PM
WELCOME NEWBIES!!! :D

24 DAYS until SEASON 9 PREMIERE on JULY 15

Buc252
June 21st, 2005, 07:09 PM
Good...because I've said it before and I'll say it again...

DAVID DELUISE IS HOT!

Thank you.

PS....Sam and Jack forever... :D:D:D:D

Well, if by "hot" you mean, we'd like to boil him (and/or his character, take your pick) in hot oil, you'd be right. Otherwise . . . . nope! <g>

LOL4JACK
June 21st, 2005, 07:15 PM
Well, if by "hot" you mean, we'd like to boil him (and/or his character, take your pick) in hot oil, you'd be right. Otherwise . . . . nope! <g>
Indeed :D:D:D

No ofense Uber... :o

Buc252
June 21st, 2005, 07:16 PM
Ahh, yes... yes, let's stick with that! lol :D

Is bored. Who here hates McKay?

I do, I do!!! I'm boycotting Atlantis anyway, but even if I wasn't, I would never be able to stand watching that guy every single week. Bad enough I have to see him in ep 1 of S6 - a season I LOVE. <g>

LadyJeep
June 21st, 2005, 07:47 PM
I've heard that rumour too - but I think it's just non-ship fans seeking for an alternative to the obvious fishing reference. I'm certain (almost :o ) that JM has been asked that qu and replied that Sam was packing for her fishing trip. :D

I have to agree with you, Oma. :) I always thought it was obvious that Jack was referring to the fishing trip. I didn't think there had been any reference to another trip for Sam.

LadyJeep
June 21st, 2005, 08:00 PM
Congratulations on 1800 Anubis!!!

Welcome, Billie. Welcome to the Shipper Family!

ann_sgcfan
June 21st, 2005, 08:06 PM

I had not heard about the article ... thanks for posting Token and Cassie for reposting!!! There is hope. :D

majorsal
June 21st, 2005, 08:08 PM
And majorsal knows RDA better than anyone, don't you, Sally (wink, wink)?

... i love you.

and YES, i know rick reeeeaaaal well!

*sighs dreamily and sexy.... does it again*

sally :D :p

LadyJeep
June 21st, 2005, 08:12 PM
first off, WELCOME, NEWBIES! :D

k, i have this fantasy i'm going to share with you guys. i want to state, though, that there is NO evidence of any of this - this is just fun with fantasies. ;)

spoiler/speculation for s9

i was imaging when sam returns in beach head.

set up: sam's office. daniel's there, because he knows sam's returning.

daniel's sitting in sam's lab chair, waiting for her, when she pops around the corner.

daniel: *head pops up* "sam!"

*he smiles at her... then his eye brows raise when he notices her rather extended stomach*

daniel: "sam?... "

sam: *sam smiles cheekily* "yes, daniel?"

*daniel gets up and comes around the lab counter. he walks up to her, looking at her pregnant stomach*

daniel: "uh... is there something... " *he glances at her wedding band* "you're married too?! why the heck didn't you, or jack, tell me anything?"

sam: *winces* "well... " *sighs* "we didn't go out of our way to hide things, it's just... we're so used to everyone knowing about our.. 'thing', that... that when i got pregnant, we just... decided to keep it between ourselves for a while. it felt like it was ours alone."

*daniel smiles, but still looks hurt*

sam: "we were going to tell you guys, daniel, but--"

daniel: "what, when you walked in with a one year old?"

*sam winces again and clears her throat*

sam: "i promise you, daniel, jack and i were going to tell you and teal'c at least by the 8th month."

daniel: "what month are you?"

sam: "seven and a half." *daniel nods, without smiling* "it just all seemed to happen so quickly, daniel. i found out i was pregnant in about my fourth month, and then the next month jack and i got married... we didn't mean to exclude you guys, it was just... it felt intimate to keep it to ourselves, because--"

*daniel puts his hand on her arm, silencing her*

daniel: "it's alright, sam. i'm sorry i made you feel defensive." *sam smiles* "now, tell me all about the wedding and stuff. and do you guys know if it's a boy or girl? and do you have baby names picked out? and do--"

sam: *sam laughs* "daniel, slow down! i'll tell you everything over some cake."

*daniel and sam leave her lab, smiling and laughing*

~~~

it's all fantasy, but i'd LOVE that to happen! :D

I love this fantasy. :D :D :D I could live with THIS!

jack_n_sam147
June 21st, 2005, 08:34 PM
Ooh, majorsal! How *ahem* WELL do you know RDA??? TELLMETELLMETELLME!!!!! You can PM me if you don't want everyone to know... :puppy eyes: please?

And Buck 252: Thank you! :high fives: He's a jerk! Are we allowed to make bashing threads? lol :D

Who else here hates McKay?

And Sal, I like that fantasy! ;)

LadyJeep
June 21st, 2005, 08:50 PM

Jay, Singergirl, Divcon, Magna Defender, Jack n Sam147!!!!!

:p :D :p :D :p :D :p :D :p :D :p :D :p :D

ST-1
June 21st, 2005, 08:53 PM
LMAO at the ending!! (((ST-1))) For once, Daniel's timing is impeccable :p (((Daniel & Teal'c))) Really loved the way you wrote that! Ya really had me going there - I believed them too!! :D

Ah, thank you! I figured it was about time for Daniel and Teal'c to get their licks in, but good! ;)

And yes, there will be a sequel to the sequel. Can't just leave them stranded, you know! Sadly (or not, depending on how you look at it), escape looks to involve some Jack whumping! :D

majorsal
June 21st, 2005, 09:19 PM
Ooh, majorsal! How *ahem* WELL do you know RDA??? TELLMETELLMETELLME!!!!! You can PM me if you don't want everyone to know... :puppy eyes: please?

oh, there's no hiding...

I'M MARRIED TO RDA!

(should prob tell him, but i digress)

sally :p

Uber
June 21st, 2005, 09:32 PM
oh, there's no hiding...

I'M MARRIED TO RDA!

(should prob tell him, but i digress)

sally :p
Okay...I'll let you have RDA...but Paul McGillion's mine...

http://www.paulmcgillion.com/paul_mcgillion_altshot.jpg

*Deeeeeeep sigh*

Oh wait a min...

<<Mary Beth wonders what the heck this has to do with Sam and Jack being meant for each other>>>

http://www.powerpromoz.com/stargate/lonelystarsig.gif

...and also...

http://www.powerpromoz.com/stargate/gracekiss.gif

Hmmm...much better...

divcon
June 21st, 2005, 10:41 PM
You guys will have to keep us up to date when s9 starts cause who knows when we're going to get to see them on TV down here.

I will be extremely upset if tptb don't wrap up the relationship between Jack and Sam. They don't need to crack it over the audience's heads(although seeing them tie the knot would be a blessing). Most of us shippers would love to have a reference made every few eps, just a small mention would be fine. Having these people work together for 8 years, in the situation that they do, it's bound to raise their attractions to each other to the surface. We don't need to see the physical side of the relationship(well maybe), but we need acknowledgement of the commitment that they have made to each other. I also thought the ep where Jack broke up with Kerry and Sam broke it off with :eek: that it was "The One". Jack admitted to someone else,all be it in a round about way, that he did love Sam and Kerry's solution was right. Retire and run SGC as a civillian. It had been done before when Elizabeth ran it for a while before going off to Atlantis.

OK, so we can now assume that Jack didn't retire but he is also no longer her CO and that was always given as the reason they couldn't be together. Come on ptb, give us an ending to a long and anticipated relationship between Jack and Sam :p :p :D PLEAAAAAAAAAAAASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oma-1
June 22nd, 2005, 12:09 AM
I do, I do!!! I'm boycotting Atlantis anyway, but even if I wasn't, I would never be able to stand watching that guy every single week. Bad enough I have to see him in ep 1 of S6 - a season I LOVE. <g>
Sorry, 147, Mary - I LOVE MCKAY! He's just sooooooo funny! I love the way Sam keeps slapping him down in SG-1, and in Atlantis his character has become really great - he's definitely on a journey of discovery there! Anyone see Letters from Pegasus! McKay is hysterical in that :p He rapsodhises over Sam and says he still thinks she's hotand it is just the funniest thing I've seen in ages.

And what makes it all the sweeter is knowing that Sam's with Jack - well, no contest. Poor Rodney :p :D

divcon
June 22nd, 2005, 12:14 AM
Sorry 147, but i like MacKay. I find him quite funny and I feel he has matured slightly since his time on SG1. He's still full of himself but that's what makes him funny. :rolleyes: :cool:

Catysg1
June 22nd, 2005, 01:53 AM

I thought they did a kind of poll or a set of questions last year about what the fans wanted to see in the show . I saw the report on the net probably on the Sam and Jack shipper thread !!!! and the top one was Sam and Jack together .

There were also some really funny demands like somebody mentionned that he would like to see Sam in a bikini . Does somebody remember where all those questions and answers are ?!!!

Caty :)

Catysg1
June 22nd, 2005, 02:25 AM
I don't trust the writers after hearing their comments on the dvds special features "this will never be the Sam & Jack show". Not that we're asking for that -- I enjoy all of the characters and plot but...they alway seem to manage to make it very vague as if they're afraid of offending the ship-haters. and at the time that Jack told Sam "always" for being there, Sam didn't know he'd split with Kerry. Forgive me I still love him but I'm startng to get a bit peeved with Jack. (And the writers)

Exactly Stargate will never be the Sam and Jack show like any other hit series I watched so far ...but the ship in a series is apparently what makes it so popular .
Look at JAG , it's not the Harm and Mac show because there are other reasons why fans watch the show ( 10 seasons). ...the war stories are great, the court cases are great and also all the other character interpersonnal relationships are interesting . I think the blend of all those things is very important in a hit show .

Stargate was a hit show until season 6 , then the poor introduction of Pete for a love interest for Sam was badly handled .
If they wanted to give her a love interest , they really should have made it from the inside of the mythology like Agent Barrett was a perfect candidiate to threaten the Sam and Jack relationship, plus everybody ( the fans) seemed to like him .

When Jag decided to give the CIA guy Webb as a boyfriend to Mac , it was a good idea because he was a great threat to Harm and Mac relationship but the story he was in was still exciting . Webb seemed to be a nice guy to start with ,who loved Mac but because of the nature of his job , he was never around and to hide that, he lied to her so that he could keep her forever . he knew that Harm was always around Mac and she could go to him anytime for comfort .

Well if TPTB Stargate did something like that , a bit more mythology driven about Sam's love interest ( not another alien though) then it would have been interesting . Also to have a episode like "Affinity" about Pete giving a ring to Sam was such a lame plot . We could have just heard that he was thinking about proposing mariage but not actually seeing the item .What a waste of 5 minutes of screen time . :rolleyes:

Now with RDA out or mostly, episode 1 and 3 and Amanda appearing too after episode 8 , they are still making another huge mistake to not have the 2 most popular characters on screen together and I'm not talking about ship only but just the fact that talking about work to each other would be just great to see . ..and all Jack would have to say is call her "Sam" and give her a little kiss good bye to exit SG1 , then the ship is rolling in the background and Sam can get on with her colonel position with Teal'c and Daniel and all the new characters . All she has to do next is to mention Jack from time to time as her future husband . it should not be too much to handle for the ship haters because first we won't see much of it and second season 10 will be action driven anyway so you could just hear it ( the ship or references to Jack ) if you wanted too .

Then obviously TPTB really need to give closure to what they started at the first place , not the shippers and make sure Sam and Jack are reunited on screen for the finale either seeing them at a big SGC party right in the last episode , Jack holding Sam very close, smiling at each other . The big honkin kiss would be a bonus then if it's not the last picture we see before the fade to black . I think the kiss could just be a thing part of the SGC party , Teal'c would have Ishta with him too, Daniel probably with Vala ( shame it won't be Sara/Osiris)..ect...All couple should kiss on screen and have the same amount of kissing time ...and all the kisses should be different ....

..... we see all those couples together so that all fans who ship for one of them are happy and that's all ..The party gets going , everybody is happy , (General hammond is there too ....and Cassie ).....fade to black .....and the world is safe until the movie !!! If no movie it would still be a good closure for everybody ....and no season 10.

Caty :)

sueKay
June 22nd, 2005, 05:16 AM
Okay...I'll let you have RDA...but Paul McGillion's mine...

http://www.paulmcgillion.com/paul_mcgillion_altshot.jpg

*Deeeeeeep sigh*

<snip>

Ah but MB...you forget...

PAUL KISSED ME!!!!!!!!!!!

so back off...or do I have to get tough :P:D

sueKay
June 22nd, 2005, 05:21 AM
Aloha!

Happy to see at the potato mashing that's been away from this thread for a while....

Oh Oh Oh! There's a great advert on the TV about potatos (lol)

Firstly, someone's golfing, using a potato as a golf ball...they swing the club and the potato smashes into smithereens.

Then, there's someone trying to make a sail boat out of a potato...they stick a flag in the top of it and then 'launch it'...it sinks!

Has anyone seen this advert????

sueKay
June 22nd, 2005, 05:29 AM
Hmm...I found this to be quite interesting

SPOILERS
http://www.gateworld.net/sg1/s9/graphics/901_11.shtml

read the cation at the bottom of the picture.

kiwigater
June 22nd, 2005, 05:43 AM
hmmmm, oh my..... fingers crossed for a good shippy decision! :D

I haven't been around here much lately :o To be honest I just got so sick of the whole ship catastrophe in season 8 (I refer to how TPTB dealt with not just S-J, but the sickening (IMHO) focus on toooo much ship (Pete - gag me!) and personal stuff), and with RDA essentially gone in s9 I figured "what's the point?" :(
I'll always have my shippy inclinations, but I don't trust them to do it right, they have too many fan factions to pacify, and honestly (this will sound harsh :S ), I just can't be bothered emotionally investing myself in something I don't believe will ever happen on screen. I feel like one of those slinkie spring things that's been yanked on hard by a ham-fisted 2 year old and just doesn't bounce back the way it used to.....

So, I'll be around the ship thread, but mostly very quiet, unless TPTB do something completely wonderful and unexpected and I just HAVE to share the joy with my ship family :D *hugs family* I do plan to watch season 9, for now I just think I'll try and enjoy the show for other reasons - ie. not ship.

girlgater
June 22nd, 2005, 07:06 AM

SPOILERS

I thought it was a wonderful picture plus the caption certainly did give one reason to hope that we would get insight on to what Jack is feeling. ;)

pittsburghgirl
June 22nd, 2005, 07:08 AM
I thought it was a wonderful picture plus the caption certainly did give one reason to hope that we would get insight on to what Jack is feeling. ;)
or maybe someone is guessing that is what Jack is contemplating. No question he is pensive-that much is evident-but i tend to believe that i will believe it when i see it.

jack_n_sam147
June 22nd, 2005, 07:58 AM
If they wanted to give her a love interest , they really should have made it from the inside of the mythology like Agent Barrett was a perfect candidiate to threaten the Sam and Jack relationship, plus everybody ( the fans) seemed to like him.

Not to mention Barret is MUCH better looking than Pete ;)

But kiwi, we can still dream here! We can at least imagine what we want to happen! I've been thinking of how I want Sam to FINALLY tell Jack she loves him... and I've come up with something. But I can't post it right now, b/c I have other stuff to do then I have to get to work by about 8:15 or 8:20.

Oh! I have another Pete-bashing pic... here (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v681/british_chik7/Banners/justlikechicken.jpg). Please ignore the text on the pic, I saw it at the top of the page and HAD to use it, and with Paint I can't get rid of it. NOTE: This is one of the few reasons that I would EVER actually compliment McKay. So don't get used to it. ;) Besides, it's not like he'd ever do any of the other reasons. He likes Sam too much.

An Ancient
June 22nd, 2005, 09:15 AM
Sorry, 147, Mary - I LOVE MCKAY! He's just sooooooo funny! I love the way Sam keeps slapping him down in SG-1, and in Atlantis his character has become really great - he's definitely on a journey of discovery there! Anyone see Letters from Pegasus! McKay is hysterical in that :p He rapsodhises over Sam and says he still thinks she's hotand it is just the funniest thing I've seen in ages.

And what makes it all the sweeter is knowing that Sam's with Jack - well, no contest. Poor Rodney :p :D

Well, imagine when it actually gets through;
Walter; Sir, do you want to review the Atlantis transmission before distribution?

O'Neill; Sure.

<MacKay>; blah...blah...blah...Sam Carter...blah

-O'Neill hits 'DELETE FILE'-

O'Neill; Thats solves that problem.

Daniel's_twin
June 22nd, 2005, 09:55 AM
Walter; Sir, do you want to review the Atlantis transmission before distribution?

O'Neill; Sure.

I'd say that that is a very real possibility. :cool:

Gategirl12000
June 22nd, 2005, 10:47 AM
I hope to God that the reason Jack is considering leaving his possition at the SGC is to take Kerry's advice! If these writers screw us over one more time, I'll stop watching! Thay act afraid teh offend the non shippers, but what about the shippers... is there anyone more devoted to the show then us? Anyone more involved? Read our fanfiction... hell, read our forum! We've been here since C.o.t.G and the armwrestling banter... we've seen plenty of AU relationships and AT kisses (then some), and now that RDA's going to be gone, can't they just have him leave in a capacity that will satisfy us? It's not like the anti-ship peoplewill have to see them together every episode! I think we deserve something more than suggestive, AU and AT hints at romance! (Ok, I'm venting and I know it... I also know it's just a show -my family reminds me enough:)- but I think we deserve something because we waited loyally for eight years and enough is enough!)

dannyluver
June 22nd, 2005, 11:02 AM
It won't take that much screen time to satisfy us completely. Why can't they just go ahead and give it to us??? MAN!

pittsburghgirl
June 22nd, 2005, 11:18 AM
It won't take that much screen time to satisfy us completely. Why can't they just go ahead and give it to us??? MAN!
because that would mean making a *committment* and lord knows why on earth would they want to do that? being vague and unfocused and wishwashy has gotten them this far-and they intend to continue in that direction. they have the remarkable ability to avoid consequences for behavior and continuity in general.

Gategirl12000
June 22nd, 2005, 11:33 AM
Well part of good writing is continuity and they should know that by now! is anyone else severly irked?

dannyluver
June 22nd, 2005, 11:39 AM
I NEED SHIP TO LIVE!!!!! They will be responsible for my death *inside* if they don't give me shippiness!

pittsburghgirl
June 22nd, 2005, 11:39 AM
Well part of good writing is continuity and they should know that by now! is anyone else severly irked?
*raises hand

dannyluver
June 22nd, 2005, 11:44 AM
Oh! I am severely irked as well. *rrrrg*

jay
June 22nd, 2005, 11:49 AM
hello every one,

i was wondeing when you guys think season 8 will come out on dvd? season 7 came out in october last year. (for the US) so you guys think season 8 will come out then too?

dannyluver
June 22nd, 2005, 11:53 AM
Actually, season 7 came out in November in the US last year. I think I remember reading that season 8 comes out somewhere around the same time.

Oma-1
June 22nd, 2005, 12:07 PM

SPOILERS

sueKay - I almost wish you hadn't posted that - it makes it all too real! I'm already tearing up - I know I'm gonna cry when the show airs!

http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/11/11_1_100.gif

jay
June 22nd, 2005, 12:10 PM
i got my dvd set in october. i remember it being october because i came back from a b-day party and seeing a package on my doorstep.

Oma-1
June 22nd, 2005, 12:12 PM

O'Neill; Sure.

Like your thinking! Jack'd get a HUGE kick out of that! And every time he sees Rodney afterwards, he'd rub his nose in the fact that he and Sam ARE an item, and Rodney can only dream. :D

shipper hannah
June 22nd, 2005, 12:14 PM
i got my dvd set in october. i remember it being october because i came back from a b-day party and seeing a package on my doorstep.

that must've been a nice present for you

shipper hannah
June 22nd, 2005, 12:15 PM
Like your thinking! Jack'd get a HUGE kick out of that! And every time he sees Rodney afterwards, he'd rub his nose in the fact that he and Sam ARE an item, and Rodney can only dream. :D

oh i wish they'd show something like that!

jay
June 22nd, 2005, 12:16 PM
why you going to cry oma. it makes jack no longer sams commanding officer so now they can go off play tennis, get all sweaty and take a shower together. ;)

i liked that idea sum 1 said about them and tennis so i threw that in there. thought it was funny

Gategirl12000
June 22nd, 2005, 12:21 PM

I just wish the writers would let us know for sure that Jack and Sam are an item...

Gategirl12000
June 22nd, 2005, 12:26 PM
hello every one,

i was wondeing when you guys think season 8 will come out on dvd? season 7 came out in october last year. (for the US) so you guys think season 8 will come out then too?
I hope it comes out before then... I'll go through Jack withdrawl when season nine airs in July w/o him if I don't have season eight to fall back on...

Oma-1
June 22nd, 2005, 12:34 PM
why you going to cry oma. it makes jack no longer sams commanding officer so now they can go off play tennis, get all sweaty and take a shower together. ;)

i liked that idea sum 1 said about them and tennis so i threw that in there. thought it was funny

Cos I'm gonna miss Jack!!!!!*sniff sniff*

Intellectually I know that Jack and Sam are together, but I'm really gonna miss seeing them together. No more WOO "nothin'" looks, hand porn or Cubs convos .... seeing that pic really brought it home to me.

sugarshaker
June 22nd, 2005, 12:38 PM

I thought it was great the way he grabbed his heart when he said it. I'd like to see S & J watching the transmission together in the briefing room. They can give each other little smiles that say, "Sorry Rodney." :D

Oma-1
June 22nd, 2005, 12:44 PM
I thought it was great the way he grabbed his heart when he said it. I'd like to see S & J watching the transmission together in the briefing room. They can give each other little smiles that say, "Sorry Rodney." :D
And then send him an invite to the wedding :D

Gatetrixer
June 22nd, 2005, 12:49 PM

Well, I don't hate him, but he's one of the reasons I don't watch Atlantis anymore.

florence
June 22nd, 2005, 01:03 PM
I hope it comes out before then... I'll go through Jack withdrawl when season nine airs in July w/o him if I don't have season eight to fall back on...

Well, I don't want to make all of you jealous but in France, S8 boxset comes out on 16th August :D
And this is what it will look like :
http://images-eu.amazon.com/images/P/B00092ME9O.08.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

I know, we're lucky... :p :D

Oma-1
June 22nd, 2005, 01:05 PM
Well, I don't want to make all of you jealous but in France, S8 boxset comes out on 16th August :D

No comment, on the grounds I might upset Florence.

Oma-1
June 22nd, 2005, 01:13 PM
Surprise delivery arrives in Atlantis for Rodney......

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v685/Oma-1/weddinginvite.png

followed a few weeks later by......

McKay

Sorry you couldn't get leave to come to the wedding, but as we had Lemon Chicken at the reception, we figured you were probably better off where you were. Didn't want you to miss out completely though. Don't we make a fantastic couple?

Sam's husband.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v685/Oma-1/summer2005.png

florence
June 22nd, 2005, 01:15 PM

I don't think it's the right place to talk about McKay, unless you want to know what we think of him falling for Sam, and then becoming a slightly potential rival to Jack.
When I first saw him in SG1, I didn't pay too much attention to him. For me, he was only another one falling for Sam. And cause she didn't seem to like him very much, he didn't look like a threat to Sam/Jack IMO.
But, like Oma, I love him in SGA ! He's so funny :D

florence
June 22nd, 2005, 01:21 PM

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v685/Oma-1/weddinginvite.png

followed a few weeks later by......

McKay

Sorry you couldn't get leave to come to the wedding, but as we had Lemon Chicken at the reception, we figured you were probably better off where you were. Didn't want you to miss out completely though. Don't we make a fantastic couple?

Sam's husband.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v685/Oma-1/summer2005.png

Love it ! And I can so see Jack writing something like that to McKay :D

ST-1
June 22nd, 2005, 01:26 PM
I think McKay is funny, too! I never saw him as a threat to the S/J ship. :S
As for :eek:, somehow I knew he'd never last. :p

jay
June 22nd, 2005, 01:38 PM
i never saw mckay as a threat either but since i read a lot of fanfiction, i'll see some stories that have sam/mckay pairing which i think is just disgusting b/c i can't see sam with him at all.

sugarshaker
June 22nd, 2005, 01:49 PM

snip

McKay

Sam's husband.

LOL! :D Oma, you should be hired as one of the women writers we've been saying they so desperately need!

Oma-1
June 22nd, 2005, 01:59 PM
Got a missing scene from Redemption idea floating around .... I'm not a writer, so forgive the lack of brilliant description and dialogue, but you'll get the idea :p

SAM: I will, thanks. (She kisses him on the cheek, he looks
surprised)

MCKAY: (In reference to the kiss) That means you don't hate me.

SAM: Maybe ... too bad for you.

MCKAY: Why?

SAM: (Walking away from him, a HUGE smile on her face) I was more
attracted to you when I did.

MCKAY: Really?? Right ...

JACK: (Walking down the corridor towards them) But she's always liked me more. Right Carter?

Jack kisses Sam and dips her as he did in WoO.

Rodney looks on amazed - as do all the SF's in the vicinity.

After the kiss ends, Jack smirks at Rodney and walks off, leaving Sam in a dreamy haze, and Rodney's jaw hitting the floor.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v685/Oma-1/rodneyshock.jpg

florence
June 22nd, 2005, 02:18 PM
Got a missing scene from Redemption idea floating around .... I'm not a writer, so forgive the lack of brilliant description and dialogue, but you'll get the idea :p

surprised)

JACK: (Walking down the corridor towards them) But she's always liked me more. Right Carter?

After the kiss ends, Jack smirks at Rodney and walks off, leaving Sam in a dreamy haze, and Rodney's jaw hitting the floor.

Oma, can't give you green at the moment but I wanted to say that I LOVE this version of the Redemption scene ! :D

http://yelims2.free.fr/Fete/Danseuse01.gif I want Oma for PTB ! http://yelims2.free.fr/Fete/Danseuse01.gif I want Oma for PTB ! http://yelims2.free.fr/Fete/Danseuse01.gif I want Oma for PTB ! http://yelims2.free.fr/Fete/Danseuse01.gif

Billie
June 22nd, 2005, 02:21 PM
Have been pondering on the Jack and Sam resolution issue and have come to the conclusion that THERE IS DEFINITELY HOPE SHIPPER FAMILY!! :) :) and hope, no matter how small a measure goes a long way!

It could arguably go either way what with the painful lack of RDA (am already suffering from advance RDA deprivation :( :( ) but the relationship between Jack and Sam is such an integral part of the show and like so many of you have said has created and helped maintain a large proportion of the shows fanbase and should therefore be played out as a matter of respect. Also I'm holding out hope that the PTB remember that any semblence of a resolution has been mainly between AU/AT jack and sam and that sometime whether it be in season 9 or maybe in the movie (haven't heard much on that, maybe they are gonna hold off until the show runs its course on tv???) they will have an obvious onscreen resolution....am SO hoping for a scene which starts with plenty of UST and ends with some serious unresolving of the unresolved...if you get my drift!! :D :D

Wow that's blown a few brain cells....ah well Jack and Sam are worth the sacrifice!!

PMA fellow shippers!!! :)

sugarshaker
June 22nd, 2005, 02:57 PM
Have been pondering on the Jack and Sam resolution issue and have come to the conclusion that THERE IS DEFINITELY HOPE SHIPPER FAMILY!! :) :) and hope, no matter how small a measure goes a long way!

It could arguably go either way what with the painful lack of RDA (am already suffering from advance RDA deprivation :( :( ) but the relationship between Jack and Sam is such an integral part of the show and like so many of you have said has created and helped maintain a large proportion of the shows fanbase and should therefore be played out as a matter of respect. Also I'm holding out hope that the PTB remember that any semblence of a resolution has been mainly between AU/AT jack and sam and that sometime whether it be in season 9 or maybe in the movie (haven't heard much on that, maybe they are gonna hold off until the show runs its course on tv???) they will have an obvious onscreen resolution....am SO hoping for a scene which starts with plenty of UST and ends with some serious unresolving of the unresolved...if you get my drift!! :D :D

Wow that's blown a few brain cells....ah well Jack and Sam are worth the sacrifice!!

PMA fellow shippers!!! :)

Welcome Billie!

If you like Sam/Jack ship, you've come to the right place. :D

LOL4JACK
June 22nd, 2005, 02:59 PM

SPOILERS

Intellectually I know that Jack and Sam are together, but I'm really gonna miss seeing them together. No more WOO "nothin'" looks, hand porn or Cubs convos .... seeing that pic really brought it home to me.

Oma, I know how you feel about this picture, regarding RDA, we connect girl :p but reading over your posts I know how this is going to go:

The caption at the bottom says something like Jack thinking about leaving Stargate Command... I know breaks my heart to... but what about....

Jack (Thinking): I love Sam to much, I think it's time to leave, I have to give an oportunity to our love, to our future and to our marriage, being in Homeworld security will give us finally that chance.

Billie
June 22nd, 2005, 03:09 PM
Welcome Billie!

If you like Sam/Jack ship, you've come to the right place. :D

Thanks sugershaker! None of my friends watch stargate (hopeless, the lot of them!!) so its great to have a friendly place to talk about all things shippy :)

divcon
June 22nd, 2005, 03:13 PM

We get season 8 on the same day in Australia but because of the time differences we technically get them one day before you guys. :p

I LOVE AND WILL MISS RDA.

divcon
June 22nd, 2005, 03:16 PM
[QUOTE=Billie]Have been pondering on the Jack and Sam resolution issue and have come to the conclusion that THERE IS DEFINITELY HOPE SHIPPER FAMILY!! :) :) and hope, no matter how small a measure goes a long way!

PMA fellow shippers!!! :)[/QUOTE

Billie, welcome. I'm new here as well, and like you I am having serious RDA withdrawals. He may be 15 years my senior but HUBBA HUBBA, he can dial me anytime he wants to. YUMMMMMMMMMMMMMM :)

Billie
June 22nd, 2005, 03:29 PM
No arguments there Divcon!! the good Lord outdid himself with RDA and those eyes...mmmm...no-one should be that gorgeous it's just not fair!

divcon
June 22nd, 2005, 03:37 PM
No arguments there Divcon!! the good Lord outdid himself with RDA and those eyes...mmmm...no-one should be that gorgeous it's just not fair!

I could sit all day and stare into his eyes. They have a kndness in them and of course the rest of the face and body aren't bad either. I must have a thing for older men because my other 'fantasy man' from when I was a young girl is Harrison Ford who is the same age that my father would have been. Maybe it's the grey hair, but I don't care, I'll run my fingers through it if I was given a chance.

Now of course I want to see the Jack and Sam situation rectified to the ONLY way it can be, with Jack and Sam happily married and maybe at the end of the show, having a family. YEAH!!!!!!! :D

sugarshaker
June 22nd, 2005, 03:49 PM
Here's an idea I've been kicking around for a while:

Sam and Jack are on his pier fishing. Teal'c and Daniel have conveniently gone into town for supplies. Each is quiet, lost in his own thoughts, but Jack notices that Sam seems sad and is struggling to maintain her composure. He assumes that it's because she's missing Jacob.

He looks up at her and sees her staring at him with a bereaved expression.

Jack (gently): What's wrong?

Sam: I love you

Jack: What?

Sam: I love you, but I've messed everything up and now it's too late.
(She has this horrified look on her face like she knows she's completely
messed up her life).

Jack: Sam. . . .

Sam (with tears in her eyes): I can't believe I'm doing this. (Gets up and starts to go to the cabin).

Jack (running after her): Sam. . . . I've ALWAYS loved you.

Sam: You do?

Jack: nods

Sam: What about Kerry?

Jack: Yeah, but Sam. . . . You're the one.

They embrace in a passionate hug in which Jack lifts her off her feet. Then they curl up on the sofa in the cabin and have that long overdue, serious conversation. I haven't really worked that part out yet.

wynter
June 22nd, 2005, 04:05 PM
hello shipper family,

god haven't been here for a while been very busy with work and the family!!

how is every-one doing?any news on our fav couple? i need couple of hours to read over the last couple of pages of posts to catch up.

WELCOME to anyone who has joined i missed welcoming them!!!!

also you know how dippy i am but when it comes up to SHIPPER day can some-one pm me 2 days before as i always seem to miss it please please!!!!

right catch up later,need to sit here with my jack clone eating ship cookies and catching up on posts..

wynterxx

sg-1fanintn
June 22nd, 2005, 04:31 PM
Welcome, gategirl12000!

Welcome back, Wynter!

Originally Posted by sueKay

SPOILERS

Originally Posted by Oma-1

Also loved your other post about the lemon chicken!!!!!

Oma, I know how you feel about this picture, regarding RDA, we connect girl :p but reading over your posts I know how this is going to go:

The caption at the bottom says something like Jack thinking about leaving Stargate Command... I know breaks my heart to... but what about....

Jack (Thinking): I love Sam too much, I think it's time to leave, I have to give an oportunity to our love, to our future and to our marriage, being in Homeworld security will give us finally that chance.

LOL4JACK....that's exactly what I was thinking!

Gategirl12000
June 22nd, 2005, 04:41 PM
Sounds like a great fanfic/story/thing to make shippers like me laugh, but All I can say is "I wish"....... I hate to be negative, I know Jack hates pessimism unless he's doling it out, but I give up on the writers as I believe they've given up on us....

surprised)

Sounds like a great fanfic/story/thing to make shippers like me laugh -lol- all I can say is "I wish"........ forgive me for being negative (i know Jack hates pessimism unless he's doling it out) but I give up on the writers! As I believe they've given up on us... :(

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v685/Oma-1/rodneyshock.jpg

jack_n_sam147
June 22nd, 2005, 04:43 PM
WOAH! :eek: (not in reference to Mr. Potato Pete) Alot to catch up on! Sorry if I get stuff wrong, I wrote down the s/n and a brief desc. of what I wanted to say :o

An Ancient: LOVE the Atlantis Quote! :D Hilarious!

Daniel's Twin: This has nothing to do with the ship. But I like the quote under your banner in your sig. :D

Oma-1: I LOVED that wedding invite!!!!!!!!! I saved both to my computer! HA!!!!! Oh, how I WISH for that to happen... .:evil grin:. Also, love your Redemtion fantasy. I wish for that to happen, too... .:bigger evil grin:.

Jay: About the Sam/McKay fanfiction- I SO agree! Nasty! Inappropriate! :S EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol :D

LOL4Jack: Love the pic caption! ;)

Gategirl12000
June 22nd, 2005, 04:44 PM
Welcome, gategirl12000!

Welcome back, Wynter!

Also loved your other post about the lemon chicken!!!!!

LOL4JACK....that's exactly what I was thinking!

That would be the best thing ever! I would be soooooo happy, though I'm doubtful... thanks for the welcome :)

Gategirl12000
June 22nd, 2005, 04:48 PM
About the fanfic... it has a natural tendency to unrealistic pairings, look at the Jack/Janet stuff...or th Sam/Daniel... people have the right to be left to their unfounded ship if it makes them happy, but we have proof for ours! (I didn't mean to offend anyone...)

Gategirl12000
June 22nd, 2005, 04:51 PM
hello shipper family,

god haven't been here for a while been very busy with work and the family!!

how is every-one doing?any news on our fav couple? i need couple of hours to read over the last couple of pages of posts to catch up.

WELCOME to anyone who has joined i missed welcoming them!!!!

also you know how dippy i am but when it comes up to SHIPPER day can some-one pm me 2 days before as i always seem to miss it please please!!!!

right catch up later,need to sit here with my jack clone eating ship cookies and catching up on posts..

wynterxx

Ok, this might be the "I'm an ignorant, realitive newcomer, but what is "Shipper day"? also, when?thanx

dannyluver
June 22nd, 2005, 05:05 PM
Ok, this might be the "I'm an ignorant, realitive newcomer, but what is "Shipper day"? also, when?thanx

SHIPPINESS!!!!! I don't remember what day it is, but I know that I'm not going to be here for it! BOOGERS! That makes me so sad.

HAPPY SHIPPER DAY IN ADVANCE!

Oh, by the way....

Welcome, Gategirl12000!!!!!!!

Gategirl12000
June 22nd, 2005, 05:14 PM
Thanx for the welcome... I was here last summer but then I didn't have internet for a long time, so I missed the shippers like crazy! It's great to be back!!!!!!!!!!!!!! thanx for the lowdown on shipper day.

dannyluver
June 22nd, 2005, 05:18 PM
YAY FOR SHIPPERS!!!!!

Gategirl12000
June 22nd, 2005, 05:23 PM
I don't think any show has better fans then the shippers in this room!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

dannyluver
June 22nd, 2005, 05:25 PM
*clapping* HOORAH!!!!

I SECOND THAT!!!

Gategirl12000
June 22nd, 2005, 05:29 PM
I just wish TPTB would realize that and reward us...