PDA

View Full Version : Sam Carter/Jack O'Neill Ship Appreciation Thread

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57

Kri
March 27th, 2005, 06:05 PM
Okay, I have a question. Reading in some ff's, Sam or transfers to another team so that they can be together without the chain of command issue. In others, transfer doesn't solve the problem because Jack is 2IC of SGC so, still in chain of command. So which is it?

The only clue I've noticed about this is in Threads where Kerry tells Jack to retire. But as he's now the General, the situation is different anyway.

So that begs the next question - as head of HW Security, Jack is over the SGC, and Sam will still be in the same chain of command, but as he wouldn't be her CO would that make the difference?????

Ack! This is nearly as bad as the timetravel thing for going round in circles! :p

I don't think that is considered the direct chain of command. That would be like saying the President of the United States couldn't be married to anyone military. As long as Jack isn't her direct CO, I think all is well. :D But that still doesn't leave me a whole lot of hope for S9. I don't understand how JM can think that we can see the whole relationship as resolved at the end of season 8, without having to ever address it again in season 9, which is what I suspect will happen.

Skydiver
March 27th, 2005, 06:11 PM
jack as 2ic of the base is fanon, not canon

exec officer is a rather administrative role and jack really doesn't fit that

since jack is not canonly second of hte base, then he's not in sam's chain of command beyond being her commanding officer

Oma-1
March 27th, 2005, 06:26 PM
I don't think that is considered the direct chain of command. That would be like saying the President of the United States couldn't be married to anyone military. As long as Jack isn't her direct CO, I think all is well. :D But that still doesn't leave me a whole lot of hope for S9. I don't understand how JM can think that we can see the whole relationship as resolved at the end of season 8, without having to ever address it again in season 9, which is what I suspect will happen.

You have a good point there. Remember way back when the thought was S4 would be the last one? It was really heavy with ship. Early on we got D&C and WoO, mid-season was BtS, and then Entity towards the end. I think we would have seen some resolution, except that tptb discovered there would be more. S5 was very little ship, and what little there was was extremely subtle. I think the same thing is happening again. We've had a LOT of ship this seaon. Threads was just great (except for killing off Jacob :( ). Then just as filming is wraping up, another season is announced. Although this time it will be worse than S5 cos there's no RDA.

So although I will still be wearing MB's rose tinted glasses and appreciating every little subtle nuance of ship I can find for S9, I do find myself wondering what we'll get.

Oma-1
March 27th, 2005, 06:28 PM
jack as 2ic of the base is fanon, not canon

exec officer is a rather administrative role and jack really doesn't fit that

since jack is not canonly second of hte base, then he's not in sam's chain of command beyond being her commanding officer

Well that's a relief! You know what's it like - a horrible thought grips you in the dark and eerie early morning hours and suddenly ... PANIC :p

Thanks for clearing that up :)

ses110
March 27th, 2005, 06:28 PM
Tame I wish I could give 9 a fair shot but I doubt I'll be able to tune in.There's just not enough for me to tune in.I have always got hooked on my TV Show and kept returning for the characters and not the stories.I left the X-Files when DD left and I'am leaving Jag since David James Elliot is not returning if there is a new Season and SG-1 is the same with RDA leaving.IMO shows like Law and Order can go on forever since it's Story based and not character based.You can have Burt and Ernie on as the Leads in Law and Order and the Show would still work.Cheers had the best idea.When Ted Danson had enough TPTB ended Cheers.SG-1 should be the same.I'am a Big believer when the Star of the Show had enough then it's time to go home.IMO all shows need that one character you cannot due without and that's RDA for SG-1.Any other Actor you bring in is just a cheap copy no matter how great the Actor may be.SG-1 can still live on in Cable Movies or Direct to DVD Movies.I really do not see the need for another Season.In RL I need to accept changes but with my TV Shows I do not need to accept changes I do not like.

Kri
March 27th, 2005, 06:41 PM
Tame I wish I could give 9 a fair shot but I doubt I'll be able to tune in.There's just not enough for me to tune in.I have always got hooked on my TV Show and kept returning for the characters and not the stories.I left the X-Files when DD left and I'am leaving Jag since David James Elliot is not returning if there is a new Season and SG-1 is the same with RDA leaving.IMO shows like Law and Order can go on forever since it's Story based and not character based.You can have Burt and Ernie on as the Leads in Law and Order and the Show would still work.Cheers had the best idea.When Ted Danson had enough TPTB ended Cheers.SG-1 should be the same.I'am a Big believer when the Star of the Show had enough then it's time to go home.IMO all shows need that one character you cannot due without and that's RDA for SG-1.Any other Actor you bring in is just a cheap copy no matter how great the Actor may be.SG-1 can still live on in Cable Movies or Direct to DVD Movies.I really do not see the need for another Season.In RL I need to accept changes but with my TV Shows I do not need to accept changes I do not like.

ses, you don't have to accept the changes. I sure don't. I hate that they have decided to make all of these huge changes to the cast, and the direction of the show, and not just go ahead and rename it. I understand that shows sometimes need to make big changes to stay afloat, but the show will no longer be SG-1 without RDA, not to mention the fact that they have replaced Hammond, and next season will be replacing Dr Frasier. It just isn't the same show, and shouldn't be promoted as such. I know the new ads are even talking about all of the changes, but I for one don't like them. I'd probably have given it more of a shot had they called it another spinoff. I have given Atlantis a fair shake, and was definitely more interested in it because it was a spinoff. SG-1 will become a shadow of it's former self, and I suspect it will dwindle off quickly. JMHO

ShimmeringStar
March 27th, 2005, 06:42 PM
LOL about the Bert and Ernie part!:DBut very true about the character-drivenness of SG.

ShimmeringStar
March 27th, 2005, 06:50 PM
ses, you don't have to accept the changes. I sure don't. I hate that they have decided to make all of these huge changes to the cast, and the direction of the show, and not just go ahead and rename it. I understand that shows sometimes need to make big changes to stay afloat, but the show will no longer be SG-1 without RDA, not to mention the fact that they have replaced Hammond, and next season will be replacing Dr Frasier. It just isn't the same show, and shouldn't be promoted as such. I know the new ads are even talking about all of the changes, but I for one don't like them. I'd probably have given it more of a shot had they called it another spinoff. I have given Atlantis a fair shake, and was definitely more interested in it because it was a spinoff. SG-1 will become a shadow of it's former self, and I suspect it will dwindle off quickly. JMHO
The quickie teaser ad for S9 surprised me. I didn't expect they'd advertise the changes so soon. I know I'd be wondering if I was a casual viewer WTH they meant by "Meet the New Team." Especially if the original configuration was what got me hooked and kept me watching.

Buc252
March 27th, 2005, 07:02 PM

Ses, you're amazing. This feels like you wrote exactly what was in my mind. As far as I'm concerned, X-Files had seven seasons, and Stargate SG1 will have eight. Period. Anything that came afterwards was another show.

TPTB should have ended it after S8, and it was their major mistake that they had to squeeze every last drop of blood out of that stone. Well, I'm bled out.

ses110
March 27th, 2005, 07:18 PM
Ditto Mary.IMO you can tell when a Show should hang it up.The X-files and sadly SG-1 missed the huge flashing Neon sign because they got blinded by the Dollar signs.I understand Hollywood wants to make Money but move on to other projects when you have to make major cast changes and your Show has been on for 8 Years what is the point?I'am getting real tired of seeing these sports figures hang on way past there prime for the Money and Shows are no different.

majorsal
March 27th, 2005, 07:23 PM
Sorry if I missed replying to your post on S/J, Sally! Please don't take it personally. I've been deleting all the M2 posts because I got tired of listening to them all saying how *wonderful* it was. To me, it was the absolute antithesis. And if you reply and say otherwise, you get chastized and told how wrong you are. If it wasn't for the fanfic, I'd have been off that list long ago.

Oh, no probs, Mary. The way I worded it, anyways, was kinda silly. :p And as for the list... why do you think I spend so much time 'here'? :p

Sally :D

majorsal
March 27th, 2005, 07:24 PM
Personally I believe the fact that the Alternate Sam & Jack..doing what they did....made ALL the difference in how Sam & Jack related at the end :D :D

How? And I mean that as a real question, because another shipper friend of mine said the same thing. :p

ses110
March 27th, 2005, 07:31 PM
Thanks SS.I hope I made people laugh a little with the Bert and Ernie comment because IMO SG-1 has been very sad as of late.I was very serious about the Law and Order comments.Some Shows are made to last through Major cast changes and some are not.Shows build on stories can have pretty much any Actor as the leads.Jack is my favorite folowed by Sam.I tuned in each week to see what happened to Jack and also the Sam and Jack Ship.I liked Daniel and Teal'c as well but Jack was the key.I think the Sam character is great and AT is great as well but IMO Sam needs to have Jack around.RDA and the Jack character make Sam Daniel and Teal'c and the whole Show so much better.You need one character to be the glue for the whole show and IMO that's Jack.

ses110
March 27th, 2005, 07:41 PM
Kri your right on target with your post.TPTB are kidding themselves and others if they think this is the same Show.SG-1 will never be the same without RDA.TPTB should change the name of the Show.TPTB are also kidding themselves when they say the Jack character will still be a Big part of what goes on at the SGC.Sam Daniel Teal'c and everyone else can mention Jack every episodes and it's not even close to having RDA on the Show.I still find that comment Laughable by TPTB.I'am suppose to tune in everyweek because Jack's name may be mentioned.

lord-anubis
March 27th, 2005, 07:53 PM
Kri your right on target with your post.TPTB are kidding themselves and others if they think this is the same Show.SG-1 will never be the same without RDA.TPTB should change the name of the Show.TPTB are also kidding themselves when they say the Jack character will still be a Big part of what goes on at the SGC.Sam Daniel Teal'c and everyone else can mention Jack every episodes and it's not even close to having RDA on the Show.I still find that comment Laughable by TPTB.I'am suppose to tune in everyweek because Jack's name may be mentioned.

i think the show can still go now with out jack oneill. i mean look at season 8 jack was bearly even there and i still loved every ep. hopeful ben bower chartcter well be good. we well all just have to wait and see but i am sure there well be some people who well stop watching beacsuse theres no RDA but the show well be diffent i agree with you there.

majorsal
March 27th, 2005, 07:57 PM
Hey everyone and happy easter it's nice to see people getting back to normal- this is what the shipper thread is meant to be like. Still waiting for news on amanda's baby- i guess he/she really likes it in there- it just wants to stay!
Again if you guys could have alook at a few of these sigs and tell me which one you lke best!? thatw ould be really helpful- also the're nice to look at. lol.

http://tinypic.com/2dj803

http://tinypic.com/2dj8s0

OKay, lol there they are tell me which is you're fave and also as i said it's csoemthing nice for you guys to look at.
xxx

I can't make up my mind which one I like the best, but I've got a question about two of them. In the two I left above, which ep(s) are those Sam pics from?

majorsal
March 27th, 2005, 08:19 PM
As for ship, I didn't expect too much from Moebius. Then I wasn't disappointed by what I've seen. Though I admit I was squeeing when AT Sam and Jack kissed ! ;) :D Ok there were not "our" Sam and Jack, but IMO it means they would have been together for a very long time if there hadn't been regs to keep them apart. And we still have the fishing scene in the end. At least, they didn't erase that part ;)

spoilers for s8's moebius 2
I agree! even though it was between the alt sam and jack, we got a great glimpse of what 'our' sam and jack would have been like if it wasn't for the regs. and the alts got to live out the rest of their lives together, which i think wouldn't have been 'that' horrible for this group because they weren't that happy where they came from. hmmm... i wonder if the alt sam and jack got married? or had children?

Uber
March 27th, 2005, 08:36 PM
spoilers for s8's moebius 2
I agree! even though it was between the alt sam and jack, we got a great glimpse of what 'our' sam and jack would have been like if it wasn't for the regs. and the alts got to live out the rest of their lives together, which i think wouldn't have been 'that' horrible for this group because they weren't that happy where they came from. hmmm... i wonder if the alt sam and jack got married? or had children?

Well I guess that depends on how different AU Sam is from our Sam... because OUR Sam was scared she'd squish a bug and change the future...so I imagine her stance on children would have been rather strict... :D

Hey I'm a loyal advisor to the system lords now! Über does a silly happy dance and is glad no one can see her right now... :D:D:D:D

ses110
March 27th, 2005, 08:44 PM
anubis you have every right to your opinon but I'am very suprised you loved every epiosde of Season 8.I though It's Good To Be King was the best episode and the only epiosde from Season 8 I can watch many times.I though there was no great episodes from Season 8 and most of the episodes were disappointing.The last great episode IMO was Lost City.I also think while Jack was hardly in the episodes he was still in every episode and that's alot better than Jack being in only 2 episodes.

majorsal
March 27th, 2005, 08:50 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v470/ShimmeringStar214/sigpics/Happy.jpg

What ep are these facepics from, shimmeringstar?

LtColSamONeill
March 27th, 2005, 09:12 PM
Also notice it's not till she says she hasn't talked to her dearly beloved Ambassador that he starts to soften towards her. And when Jack said evryone shot him down, "including *you*" there was a particular emphasis that lead me to believe that her lack of trust was what hurt most, and was the final straw that sent him packing.

I adored 2010... yet another case study in the theory "If Sam & Jack Don't get Together, the world as we know if will come to a devastating end." :D

Exactly!! See, when they were in MB2 ancient Egypt, they obviously didn't take advantage of the nights alone in the tent because Sam, Jack and Teal'c all got bumped off. When AT Sam and Jack did the big whoo whoo in the puddlejumper than everything got fixed!!!

Here's another question. Does anyone think that a Sam and Jack baby could be 'season 7 spoiler' the saving "grace" of the Asgard race? When they cloned Jack, in Fragile Balance, they said they thought he would be the one because he had the ancient knowledge ect, but it turned out he wasn't. What if they need a combination of Sam and Jack to get the perfect clone to keep their race going?

Just something that popped into my head.

MajorSam
March 27th, 2005, 09:41 PM
Here's another question. Does anyone think that a Sam and Jack baby could be 'season 7 spoiler' the saving "grace" of the Asgard race? When they cloned Jack, in Fragile Balance, they said they thought he would be the one because he had the ancient knowledge ect, but it turned out he wasn't. What if they need a combination of Sam and Jack to get the perfect clone to keep their race going?

I'm actually thinking of writing a fic along those lines!!! I think it's a fantastic idea. SOOO many juicy possibilities... especially if Sam and Jack didn't know it was THERE'S till way later OR If they had too willingly make a secret deal with the Asguard, then having everyone else find out later

Elkeli
March 27th, 2005, 09:44 PM
Exactly!! See, when they were in MB2 ancient Egypt, they obviously didn't take advantage of the nights alone in the tent because Sam, Jack and Teal'c all got bumped off. When AT Sam and Jack did the big whoo whoo in the puddlejumper than everything got fixed!!!

I think you'll find that theory has been explored more than once in people's fanfic :D

LtColSamONeill
March 27th, 2005, 09:58 PM
I think you'll find that theory has been explored more than once in people's fanfic :D

I think I read one fanfic where this was discussed as a possibility, but I don't think Sam and Jack actually did the deed. It was more from the scientific angle, if ya get my meaning LOL.

Now I wouldn't want Sam and Jack to "do it", just for this reason, but if they were to discover after the fact that "the little one" would be a help, that would work for me!!

parsifal
March 27th, 2005, 10:41 PM
I think I read one fanfic where this was discussed as a possibility, but I don't think Sam and Jack actually did the deed. It was more from the scientific angle, if ya get my meaning LOL.

Now I wouldn't want Sam and Jack to "do it", just for this reason, but if they were to discover after the fact that "the little one" would be a help, that would work for me!!

Off the top of my head, I thought of Divine Joker & Tricia's excellent Evolution (http://www.geocities.com/souls_darkangel/EvolutionSeries.html), as well as a great WIP, Small Favors (http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2294057/1/).

Can anyone suggest other worthwhile stories dealing with this theme?

Queen_Bee
March 27th, 2005, 11:31 PM
hey hey peoples,

whats the goss???

hope everyone is having a shipperific easter.

just found out a couple of local people i know have got menengacocil (spelling??)...soo thats kinda scary. :( ...but heres hoping it doesnt get out of control..

yay- new sg1 in July..Hoorah Hoorah..... :D

well i m outta here..
have fun ya'll

Bee

Oma-1
March 28th, 2005, 12:45 AM

:D I like that idea :D

There's a ff that's based on this idea - its a great read :D It doesn't go as far as saving the asgards, but ..... check it out :D

The Evolution Series by Tricia and Divine Joker (http://stargate-sg1.hu/tricia/stories_evolution.php)

Edit: Parsifal rec'd it too - that means two big thumbs way up there! :D

Oma-1
March 28th, 2005, 01:02 AM
I'm actually thinking of writing a fic along those lines!!! I think it's a fantastic idea. SOOO many juicy possibilities... especially if Sam and Jack didn't know it was THERE'S till way later OR If they had too willingly make a secret deal with the Asguard, then having everyone else find out later
Great idea! I'd love to read the ff that deals with how their baby saves the Asgard :D

Oma-1
March 28th, 2005, 01:30 AM
Off the top of my head, I thought of Divine Joker & Tricia's excellent Evolution (http://www.geocities.com/souls_darkangel/EvolutionSeries.html), as well as a great WIP, Small Favors (http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2294057/1/).

Can anyone suggest other worthwhile stories dealing with this theme?
Parsifal - just reading small favours - :D:D:D:D:D

Elkeli
March 28th, 2005, 01:41 AM

As much as that would be absolutely awesome, I think perhaps TPTB would see that storyline as somewhat contrived. lol

lord-anubis
March 28th, 2005, 02:37 AM
im sorry to brother you guys with my problems but i realy i wanted to tell some one this and you guys are some of the coolest and nice people i know

I have had one hell of a night kind of bad and kind of good.

Well were should I start ok there is this site called quilliza and people make quizs there but some times the ask for help with the stuff there dealing with. Now I have to the you that so I can tell you this and I am not lying this happened,

My step dad who I hate just too off with 30 or more dollars that was my moms. There were at a Easter party drinking I don’t know what happened to though. So he left now if he as done what I think he as he as gone to he’s friends house to buy and do drugs. He has done this before off and on but he has not done any think this in a while. Now my mom who is drunk decide shes wants to go out a drink some more and she wants to go to a bar and even asks me for 10 dollars so she can go drinking. Now I should say that my mom is not a drink all the time and when stuff like this happens she can’t deal with it shes not a bad person. But she is dumb because me step dad has done this before and she all ways takes him back and I am getting stick of this ****. If he has done what I think he as I think I might just beat the **** out of him the next time I see him. I wish I could do that but I probably won’t she probably would still take him back.

Now I put that up on quizlla and I did not think any one but one or two people read it and I also put I just want to talk to some one to take my mind off this.

Ok so like 3 mins after I put that put I got 3 instant messages on my aim. They all said they read my quiz and wanted to talk. So after 10 mins more people started to instant message me it got a little crazy like 12 people all to gether instant message me. I was talking to 9 people at once not only that be I check my messages on quizlla and I got 30!.

Not only that but every person who messaged my or instant messaged me were girls every last one of them. I all most went crazy after the 10 time I was asked what kind of music do you like or can I see a pic of you. It was not all fun though I some of the people who message me were weird one even ask if they could pray for me. I had to block a couple of people and out of all of them I really only had fun talking to like 4 of them.

I just thought I was kind of funny all together I was talking to 30 girls most of them were 15 or 16 and I couple were 17 and some of them were Goths. It was helpful though it help take my mind of things I was talking form 9pm to 1am with all though people. Taking to a bunch of girls is not as great as you would think. My hands are killing me I think my fingers are going to fall off. I just felt like I had to tell some one what happened.

Zika
March 28th, 2005, 02:38 AM
Hey everyone! Here's something I've been working on since last night...

CAUTION - it contains spoilers for Threads and Moebius 2!!!!

ENJOY!

http://www.powerpromoz.com/stargate/ingredients.gif

:D:D:D:D:D
Wow, wow, wow!! That's sooo great!!!! :D

Zika

ShimmeringStar
March 28th, 2005, 02:50 AM
What ep are these facepics from, shimmeringstar?

The 4th episode of that Shippy Season 4 --"Crossroads." It was a Teal'c episode, but I managed to get some nice Jack caps from there, the Sam you see in the sig & the candles. So 3 separate caps, some scrubbing & light correction later & you've got the sig.... :D

Rogue
March 28th, 2005, 04:53 AM
anubis you have every right to your opinon but I'am very suprised you loved every epiosde of Season 8.I though It's Good To Be King was the best episode and the only epiosde from Season 8 I can watch many times.I though there was no great episodes from Season 8 and most of the episodes were disappointing.The last great episode IMO was Lost City.I also think while Jack was hardly in the episodes he was still in every episode and that's alot better than Jack being in only 2 episodes.

I am with you, I thought season 8 stunk. But I thought Reckoning 2 was the best ep. The season could have ended there for me, except they would have to change the ending. Instead of Jack dismissing Sam, he tells her he is retiring and he loves her.

sierragulf_gurl_23
March 28th, 2005, 05:41 AM
im back,how's everything?

pittsburghgirl
March 28th, 2005, 05:44 AM
I am with you, I thought season 8 stunk. But I thought Reckoning 2 was the best ep. The season could have ended there for me, except they would have to change the ending. Instead of Jack dismissing Sam, he tells her he is retiring and he loves her.
I so agree with the assessment of season 8-i thought season 7 resembled a vacum cleaner-you know the old joke-what is the difference between season 7 and a broken vacum cleaner-one sucks, the other doesn't-but I have to say that season 8 had no episode that was compelling me or even made me look twice-although reckoning did manage to invoke the old stargate sg-1-but really-out of 20.5 hours only 3.5 were worth watching-what does that say?

Rogue
March 28th, 2005, 05:52 AM
I so agree with the assessment of season 8-i thought season 7 resembled a vacum cleaner-you know the old joke-what is the difference between season 7 and a broken vacum cleaner-one sucks, the other doesn't-but I have to say that season 8 had no episode that was compelling me or even made me look twice-although reckoning did manage to invoke the old stargate sg-1-but really-out of 20.5 hours only 3.5 were worth watching-what does that say?

Yeah even though we got a good shippy infirmery/fishing scene and a good daughter/dad scenes, I felt Threads was rushed. I felt there was alot left out of the story.

pittsburghgirl
March 28th, 2005, 05:56 AM
Yeah even though we got a good shippy infirmery/fishing scene and a good daughter/dad scenes, I felt Threads was rushed. I felt there was alot left out of the story.
The scenes between Sam and Jacob in Threads were golden-it really showed how very close they had become and how much they loved each other-it was really fitting that at the end-his last view of this life was Sam and his last words were I love you. But i really wish that we had seen that scene between Jack and Jacob-it amazed me that in the briefing room Jacob was really needling Sam-like he knew something she ought to know-i wonder if needled Jack as well?

sierragulf_gurl_23
March 28th, 2005, 06:05 AM
i agree thatthreads was rushed(sad that Jacob died).definitely should have been a two-parter but the TPTB are not going put 3 two-parters one after the other ;) but other than that I actually liked this season but hey that's just my opinion

Anubis
March 28th, 2005, 06:29 AM

I to have to agree..
Season 8 was pretty dull, slow, and basically, very, VERY boring - that was until Reckoning come along. Part one wasn't great, but part two, was awesome, the best episode of the season. Threads was ok, but not great, the ship was good, at last, but still not enough. ;) Let's face it, Moebius didn't help us resolve anyway, just confirmed what we already knew. Your idea of an ending sinks well with me. :)

Cassie
March 28th, 2005, 06:35 AM

Yep agree Threads was rushed. It seemed when I was watching it there was couple major scenes missing that the TPTB weren't showing us! Somebody said awhile back that there was a scene between Jack/Jacob which I could have seen it!

Rogue
March 28th, 2005, 08:15 AM
Yep agree Threads was rushed. It seemed when I was watching it there was couple major scenes missing that the TPTB weren't showing us! Somebody said awhile back that there was a scene between Jack/Jacob which I could have seen it!

I wish they had left it in too. Besides Jack glancing over at Sam while she was talking to Pete on the phone, he didn't get any indication he was concerned about the wedding. I don't think Pete had a chance with Jacob. He wasn't going to give the guy a chance because he knew Sam and Jack belonged togther. He gave her such a hard time in front of Jack. He was not going to let Sam hide, he wanted her to face her mistake. The one thing I was disappointed in was the scenes between Jack and Kerry. I would have like to have had more apprehension on his part. It just didn't seem like he was having a hard time moving on and frankly I didn't see what made Kerry breakup with him.

eye of botox
March 28th, 2005, 08:33 AM
Well, I see some of us had our cranky pants on this weekend. Obviously enormous amounts of chocolate and alcohol are warrented this morning. I'll start with the Cadberry Creme Eggs. They put me into a diabetic coma every time. They're just so darned good. any other choco-rrific recommendations to get the thread feelin' good?

I think there's another Asgaard Sam/Jack baby story over at Fanfiction right now. I loved The Evolution series, it was a really excellent story. Required reading for any shipper who wants S/J babies (of which I am a shameless advocate!!) There was another one I loved where an AU S/J hooked up after BtS and had a baby, then took him to the real S/J to protect against Anubis. I'll find the link. So.Darned.Good. and much mushiness abounds. Also of the good.

I am now philosphical Botox. I've decided that as long as in my mind, S/J are together having mushiness, it's all good. If I didn't get to see it, well that just costs the IIC s8 dvd sales. I think, honestly, I'm just going to Netflix them for the extras and buy S6, because I've decided to support Jonas. Mansquito was to bad that I feel he needs some extra love this year.

sueKay
March 28th, 2005, 08:37 AM
*delurks*

I found a Threads fanlisting - http://www.rav-ished.net/threads/index.php

New Forum - http://s10.invisionfree.com/Intel_Fanfiction

*relurks*

Daniel's_twin
March 28th, 2005, 09:07 AM
Yay Moebius Pt2!!! that kiss between Jack and Sam (even if it was just AU) was enough to satisfy me. Now, I only hope that they're able to put in the fireworks for Season 9's opener. Hey, a guy can hope, right? :cool:

MajorSam
March 28th, 2005, 10:58 AM
A How-The-Heck-Did-We-End-Up-Halfway-Down-The-Second-Page Post!!!!

Come on people, talk!

Uber
March 28th, 2005, 11:04 AM
A How-The-Heck-Did-We-End-Up-Halfway-Down-The-Second-Page Post!!!!

Come on people, talk!
(((((((((MajorSam))))))))))

Did you see my Basic Ingredients to Romance: Stargate Style? I've only watched it about 700 times...

:D

Regarding the lack of posts, well a few of us yammered on this weekend...

...maybe we're temporarily yammered out for a little while! :D

There's a lot of apprehension and excitement regarding Season 9 and what recent RDA events could mean for possibly more RDA...

I'm going to just wait and see...I love BenB a LOT so it'll be great seeing him too.

MajorSam
March 28th, 2005, 11:26 AM
(((((((((MajorSam))))))))))

Did you see my Basic Ingredients to Romance: Stargate Style? I've only watched in about 700 times...

Regarding the lack of posts, well a few of us yammered on this weekend...

...maybe we're temporarily yammered out for a little while! :D

There's a lot of apprehension and excitement regarding Season 9 and what recent RDA events could mean for possibly more RDA...

I'm going to just wait and see...I love BenB a LOT so it'll be great seeing him too.

((((((Uber)))))))))

Yay, someone replied :p

I have in fact seen your ingredients. Over. and Over. and Over.and Over. Every single time I just about DIE!!! I think i've fallen off every chair in my house, somtimes just THINKING about it!!!

Absolute.

BRILLIANCE.

Utterly.

FANTASTIC!!!!!!

I dont know what words could ever describe it :D:D:D *runs to watch again*

Problem is, although i'm EXTREMELY happy that RDA is back in SOME capacity (SHIPPY SHIPPY SHIPPY) I do NOT like BenB... at all... I in fact don't like any of the Farscape people... :S :( Iiii'm worried.

gatebee
March 28th, 2005, 11:41 AM
I haven't read all the post. So if someone has posted this before, I did not mean to steal your idea....if no one mentioned this before then here it goes.
My hubby usually does not watch SG1 with me. But on the second time that I was watching and hours of my repeating the story to him , he decided to seat and watch M2. He is a non-shipper but of the bat he said after we finished watching itis mackay a s/j shipper? He called it "gateship", as in "ship" and s/j did more than just fly in the gateship.Even my hubby could see everything and he definitely said that the fish was to show they were a kissing couple nowhooray

girlgater
March 28th, 2005, 11:47 AM
I haven't read all the post. So if someone has posted this before, I did not mean to steal your idea....if no one mentioned this before then here it goes.
My hubby usually does not watch SG1 with me. But on the second time that I was watching and hours of my repeating the story to him , he decided to seat and watch M2. He is a non-shipper but of the bat he said after we finished watching itis mackay a s/j shipper? He called it "gateship", as in "ship" and s/j did more than just fly in the gateship.Even my hubby could see everything and he definitely said that the fish was to show they were a kissing couple nowhooray

I could see that it would be a subtle way for the writers to throw in the "ship" with McKay. I thought it was interesting as well when Jack repeats "gate ship" back to Carter. A little too obvious to be accidental. ;)

Rogue
March 28th, 2005, 11:47 AM

That is way better than what my husband said in Threads when Kerry popped out of the sheets. He said "Way to go Jack". I could killed him, but I just ignored him instead.

Uber
March 28th, 2005, 11:52 AM
It's funny - but I interpretted something from M2 different from other people, in that Jack's voice when he responded to Sam's question about the video and the fish ("Close enough") seemed to have such a soft intonation to it... that the WAY he said "close enough" also communicated their closeness... the way he tilted his head and I think smiled (not sure because we were looking at them from the back).

Others here think that he was just not wanting to go back in time to fix whatever they could have done wrong to make there be fish in the pond.

I like my interpretation better... :D

Lynn
March 28th, 2005, 12:15 PM
It's funny - but I interpretted something from M2 different from other people, in that Jack's voice when he responded to Sam's question about the video and the fish ("Close enough") seemed to have such a soft intonation to it... that the WAY he said "close enough" also communicated their closeness... the way he tilted his head and I think smiled (not sure because we were looking at them from the back).

Others here think that he was just not wanting to go back in time to fix whatever they could have done wrong to make there be fish in the pond.

I like my interpretation better... :D
Sorry for the lack of posting -

I still LOVE the S/J ship but I actually have to do some work today!!!!!!!

On the topic of s/j babies and fanfiction - this is one that is a WIP - but I must warn you it's not a very happy one, lots of tears - Colonel Jack O'Neill, USAF, is MIA - http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2312607/1/

TheNewestFan
March 28th, 2005, 12:39 PM
Hello ShipFamily!

I hope everyone had Great Easter celebrations!

I personally haven't seen any of the Season 8 (no cable in the house :( :( :( ), but I have read all the transcripts to keep me going till S8 is out in DVD.

So, I've got a question. Have any of you notice any major changes in the way Jack and Sam communicate? Tone of voice? The look they give to each other? Any major differences with S7? So much can be communicated with body language...

girlgater
March 28th, 2005, 12:49 PM
Hello ShipFamily!

I personally haven't seen any of the Season 8 (no cable in the house :( :( :( ), but I have read all the transcripts to keep me going till S8 is out in DVD.

So, I've got a question. Have any of you notice any major changes in the way Jack and Sam communicate? Tone of voice? The look they give to each other? Any major differences with S7? So much can be communicated with body language...

You poor thing. ((((TheNewestFan)))) Hopefully S8 will be out on DVD soon so that you can enjoy. Yes, I think, especially later in the season, that their conversations were different. In particular, in Threads Jack yells Carter! and then more softly, Carter... Definitely a change, I think.

Uber
March 28th, 2005, 12:51 PM
Hello ShipFamily!

Here's an audio clip from Affinity - where Jack and Sam are discussing Pete's proposal to her.

http://www.powerpromoz.com/stargate/ring.wav

http://www.powerpromoz.com/stargate/ring.jpg

There are many examples of their interactions, but this is the one I had on hand right now. There's definitely a difference in tone of voice, I think...

Terrah
March 28th, 2005, 01:59 PM
Hi all
Have not posted much recently, I have been reading fanfic :) also checking daily at AT's web site to see if the baby has come, no news yet.

Watched A HUNDRED DAYS tonight (while I was supposed to be studying :p)
Poor Sam she looked so sad at the end, all that hard work and for what, he completely ignores her and things are not going to get any better tomorrow with SHADES OF GREY.

Spimman
March 28th, 2005, 02:08 PM
My guess is AT's baby will be a new cast member on SG-1 and we'll find out her and Jack had a baby...ok so I know that will never happen, but its kind of a cool thought.

My sister-in-law just had a baby so I understand how it could take a few weeks to post an update!

:D:D:D

Terrah
March 28th, 2005, 02:21 PM
LOL, I just had this image of Sam going through the wormhole with back pack and baby strapped to the front of her, shouting "Jack don't forget the damn nappies/dippers like you did last week"

:p

Uber
March 28th, 2005, 02:29 PM
Here's a silly moment with AT/RDA:

http://www.powerpromoz.com/stargate/sg1_atdiary1.jpg

Just for fun...

waterfall
March 28th, 2005, 02:43 PM
For those in the US, "Point of View" is on sci-fi at 7pm!!!
*sigh...it's the ep that really made me a shipper. :)

waterfall

BrenRen
March 28th, 2005, 02:58 PM

waterfall

Oh, yea!!! <Great Big Happy Sigh> I think Point of View is *still* my favorite episode of all time!!

Off to go get popcorn and tissues ready....

Thanks for the heads up!

Sam fan
March 28th, 2005, 02:59 PM
Hello all I have made a very big choice tonight- it's going to kill me but- I am going to remain spoiler free for season 9 until it comes to the U.K thats going t be the hardest thing in the world ever for me!! It's going to be hell but i am determined(at this moment) to do it!!

STILL waiting patiently for the good news pf Amanda's baby! I totlaly think it's within her right to have a weeks/months of privacy if she wishes but i'm so nosey I just cannotw ait to know!

Catysg1
March 28th, 2005, 03:09 PM

waterfall

and Don't forget to concentrate on that tonight :)

http://www.angelfire.com/magic/le_monde_perdu/SJlip2.jpg

Caty ;)

major_flaming_toaster
March 28th, 2005, 04:14 PM
Click link and read caption
http://www.djurvall.burken.nu/Ryan_Adams/04%20-%20Star%20Wars%20intro.jpg
Vader: I sense the ship is strong in you.

TheNewestFan
March 28th, 2005, 05:02 PM
Here's an audio clip from Affinity - where Jack and Sam are discussing Pete's proposal to her.

http://www.powerpromoz.com/stargate/ring.wav

http://www.powerpromoz.com/stargate/ring.jpg

There are many examples of their interactions, but this is the one I had on hand right now. There's definitely a difference in tone of voice, I think...

THANK YOU!

I can't wait to get home and listen to it. :) :D :)

TheNewestFan
March 28th, 2005, 05:06 PM
Hi all
Have not posted much recently, I have been reading fanfic :) also checking daily at AT's web site to see if the baby has come, no news yet.

Watched A HUNDRED DAYS tonight (while I was supposed to be studying :p)
Poor Sam she looked so sad at the end, all that hard work and for what, he completely ignores her and things are not going to get any better tomorrow with SHADES OF GREY.

I actually watched A HUNDRED DAYS yesterday :D (Thank goodness for NetFlix!) And I totally agree with you. Sam went through all that hard work to get to Jack and right in the middle of her explanation of what she has done to save him, he just leaves to give the other woman a hug.
I was so sad for Sam. :( :( :(

MajorSam
March 28th, 2005, 05:13 PM
THANK YOU!

I can't wait to get home and listen to it. :) :D :)

I get chills every time I do!! That has to be one of the most... emotion-provoking ship scenes i've ever seen. And every time I see/hear it, I change between liking it, hating it, no, it means THIS, then it means THAT. :S So...open to interpretation!!!

*starts confusing self over what I think it means*

Shippy pics to make things better!!!!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v626/MajorSam/manipulation1.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v626/MajorSam/manipulation2.jpg

Wait, those aren't real...BAH, it will all come eventually... these are real!!! (Sorry, I don't know who's posted what pics when, so if there are repeats... Oh well, it's SHIPPYNESS, how could one ever get too much!?)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v626/MajorSam/sam_jack_rebellion_3.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v626/MajorSam/3_11_0172.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v626/MajorSam/J-circle22.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v626/MajorSam/jc03.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v626/MajorSam/grace_07.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v626/MajorSam/1sg13firewater02.jpg

TameFarrar
March 28th, 2005, 05:44 PM
How? And I mean that as a real question, because another shipper friend of mine said the same thing. :p

(((Sally))) you are bound and determined to make me write a *White out* post :D... and here I have tried so hard to be vague so I don't have to use spoiler tags :) OK...here is my thoughts on WHY the changes from teh Alt Timeline had a GOOD effect on OUR timeline :D

First - Sam & Jack have ALWAYS and I do mean ALWAYS had a HUGE attraction to each other in ALL of the different time episodes. BUT when it has been a AU episode it has had no major effect on OUR Sam & Jack because they are WATCHING it happen and in no way shape or form are they participating. NOW we have a different sort of thing happening
This scenerio COMPLETELY affects OUR Sam & Jack....whatever the Alt Timeline Sam & Jack has an EFFECT on our Sam & Jack. So by having that little make-out scene in the back of the jumper...being OPEN and HONEST about how they feel....Jack: you are HOT and Sam: REALLY, and then I just wanted to get to know you better.........they voiced MORE in that moment then we have EVER heard thm voice....THEN they jumped on each other......This HAD TO HAPPEN as part of the *FIX* to get OUR timeline back. :D :D :D and the subtle changes are as we saw... They were more comfortable...more playful and just sweeter together in the last 5 minutes of the episode. :D :D

The ZPM and the tape were from Catherine's stuff.... they were ALL found in a dig and sent to Daniel as part of Catherine's estate... So we KNOW that threads happened and we KNOW that there was planning underway BUT they no longer have to go ...why because in the paradox of timelines......there are branches......
Branch one - SG-1 goes back and leaves the ZPM
Branch two - Alt SG goes back BUT not as far and resolves the issues Our SG-1 altered -the revolution AND Sam & Jack are alive and kicking and KISSING and Teal'c and Daniel are there.

this all merges into Branch Three - personal timelines have been restored BUT with the changes of the find at the dig - this is how Catherine KNOWS to get Daniel......Teal'c has ALWAYS questioned the Goa'uld and Sam & Jack have a love that spans time...... :D

I know I am leaving stuff out but it gets really techy and I know you don't want to read all that :D...but this is why it IS our Team and it IS our Sam & Jack and this is WHY it all is good for them :D

SG1Poz
March 28th, 2005, 05:45 PM
I just read at the Amanda Tapping Club at Yahoo groups that Amanda had a 9lb, 2oz!!!! baby girl March 22nd! Congratulations Mom and Dad!

Yipppeee!

Poz

TameFarrar
March 28th, 2005, 05:46 PM
Thanks SS.I hope I made people laugh a little with the Bert and Ernie comment because IMO SG-1 has been very sad as of late.I was very serious about the Law and Order comments.Some Shows are made to last through Major cast changes and some are not.Shows build on stories can have pretty much any Actor as the leads.Jack is my favorite folowed by Sam.I tuned in each week to see what happened to Jack and also the Sam and Jack Ship.I liked Daniel and Teal'c as well but Jack was the key.I think the Sam character is great and AT is great as well but IMO Sam needs to have Jack around.RDA and the Jack character make Sam Daniel and Teal'c and the whole Show so much better.You need one character to be the glue for the whole show and IMO that's Jack.
(((SES)))) I am so not arguing any of this with you because I too have alot of the same feeling :D

I am just saying that I personally will give the show a chance :D...I understand if it is over for you and I definitely respect that :D

TameFarrar
March 28th, 2005, 05:53 PM
I just read at the Amanda Tapping Club at Yahoo groups that Amanda had a 9lb, 2oz!!!! baby girl March 22nd! Congratulations Mom and Dad!

Yipppeee!

Poz
WOO HOO!!!! Congrats to Amanda!!!!! :D

now get back to work ;) j/k :D

MajorSam
March 28th, 2005, 05:59 PM

Yipppeee!

Poz

WHAAAAAAAAAT!?!?!?!? How what when where why!? *runs off and joins group* I just looked on the official site it said it was posted on... but i was just there, where does it say this!??? *runs off to official site again to look*

*But it's going CRAZY SLOW AND NOT WORKING*

AAAAAAAHHHHH!!!!!!!!! *is freakin out*

MajorSam
March 28th, 2005, 06:03 PM
(((Sally))) you are bound and determined to make me write a *White out* post :D... and here I have tried so hard to be vague so I don't have to use spoiler tags :) OK...here is my thoughts on WHY the changes from teh Alt Timeline had a GOOD effect on OUR timeline :D

First - Sam & Jack have ALWAYS and I do mean ALWAYS had a HUGE attraction to each other in ALL of the different time episodes. BUT when it has been a AU episode it has had no major effect on OUR Sam & Jack because they are WATCHING it happen and in no way shape or form are they participating. NOW we have a different sort of thing happening
This scenerio COMPLETELY affects OUR Sam & Jack....whatever the Alt Timeline Sam & Jack has an EFFECT on our Sam & Jack. So by having that little make-out scene in the back of the jumper...being OPEN and HONEST about how they feel....Jack: you are HOT and Sam: REALLY, and then I just wanted to get to know you better.........they voiced MORE in that moment then we have EVER heard thm voice....THEN they jumped on each other......This HAD TO HAPPEN as part of the *FIX* to get OUR timeline back. :D :D :D and the subtle changes are as we saw... They were more comfortable...more playful and just sweeter together in the last 5 minutes of the episode. :D :D

The ZPM and the tape were from Catherine's stuff.... they were ALL found in a dig and sent to Daniel as part of Catherine's estate... So we KNOW that threads happened and we KNOW that there was planning underway BUT they no longer have to go ...why because in the paradox of timelines......there are branches......
Branch two - Alt SG goes back BUT not as far and resolves the issues Our SG-1 altered -the revolution AND Sam & Jack are alive and kicking and KISSING and Teal'c and Daniel are there.

this all merges into Branch Three - personal timelines have been restored BUT with the changes of the find at the dig - this is how Catherine KNOWS to get Daniel......Teal'c has ALWAYS questioned the Goa'uld and Sam & Jack have a love that spans time...... :D

I know I am leaving stuff out but it gets really techy and I know you don't want to read all that :D...but this is why it IS our Team and it IS our Sam & Jack and this is WHY it all is good for them :D

Wow... This has actually made me happier about Moebius! :eek: It's... it just makes such SENSE!!! Thank you, I really needed a booster, I'm so up and down about Ship lately... but you've given me yet another push in "the right" direction! :D

SG1Poz
March 28th, 2005, 06:03 PM
WHAAAAAAAAAT!?!?!?!? How what when where why!? *runs off and joins group* I just looked on the official site it said it was posted on... but i was just there, where does it say this!??? *runs off to official site again to look*

*But it's going CRAZY SLOW AND NOT WORKING*

AAAAAAAHHHHH!!!!!!!!! *is freakin out*

Yahoo group all one word, theamandatappingclub

I didn't see it at the official site either and It's jammed up with folks looking now so I can't get back in. I hope this isn't a hoax but the post is signed by Rory.

MajorSam
March 28th, 2005, 06:09 PM
Yahoo group all one word, theamandatappingclub

I didn't see it at the official site either and It's jammed up with folks looking now so I can't get back in. I hope this isn't a hoax but the post is signed by Rory.

Thanks, yeah, I found the group a few mins ago.. don't know who Rory is... I just got onto the site, but it's not posted on the main page, and when I tried to go to a different one, it went crazy again.

Ruddy other people trying to figure out if it's true or not!!!

EDIT: I was just talking to another person from a different forum, who said a trustworthy person had said a wee bit back baby was born the 22nd.. but then someone else went and got in contact with Amanda's manager who apparantly said it HADN'T been born!!

I have no clue on the validity of all these things... I'm all confused, I don't know what's true or not!

Token
March 28th, 2005, 06:19 PM
(((Sally))) you are bound and determined to make me write a *White out* post :D... and here I have tried so hard to be vague so I don't have to use spoiler tags :) OK...here is my thoughts on WHY the changes from teh Alt Timeline had a GOOD effect on OUR timeline :D Way to go, Aunt Sally!!! :p

So what you're saying is...Moebius 2 Not only did Daniel, AT Teal'c, AT Jack, and AT Sam have to keep Ra from taking the Stargate; but, AT Sam and AT Jack had to consumate their relationship in order that the timeline would be "fixed"? Wow! That's some pressure on a relationship! :p However, I believe AT Jack is up to the challenge with some help from AT Sam.;)

Hmmm, that is not how I understood it. Moebius 1 & 2 The ZPM and tape were found at a dig that happened about two weeks before Moebius 1. That is what Daniel says in Moebius 1 about leaving themselves a message. Daniel knew about that dig. The ZPM and tape were buried before AT Jack and AT Sam arrived in 2995 B.C. Daniel wrote the tablet after the rebellion succeeded, but Ra took the gate. He left it near the place they buried the ZPM and tape. If Catherine would have had it all along, she would have given it to the SGC a long time ago. She would have known it was possibly an Ancient device or would have asked Daniel about it. When SG-1 were viewing the tape they were in Daniel's office. The ZPM was in a crate from being shipped to the SGC probably by someone from the dig.

Of course, I could be wrong about that. :D

<snip>

Cassie
March 28th, 2005, 06:20 PM

Yipppeee!

Poz

Yay CONGRULATIONS to AT/Allan!!!! They really deserve it. Just thought of something if their daughters name starts with an (A) that would just be freaking hehehehe!

Best News I've heard all day!!!! :D

MajorSam ya I ran over to her offical website but it didn't work. News travels fast!

Congrats to the 'new' parents :D

Cassie
March 28th, 2005, 06:25 PM
Great shippy pictures MajorSam!
you know if you look closely in the 4th pic. if looks like Sam/Jack are holding hands! Which ep. is that?

Beautiful picture as always Caty! :)
Jack really likes her top lip hehehe!

MajorSam
March 28th, 2005, 06:31 PM
Regarding Amanda's baby... The thread on her site it was announced on is here:

http://www.amandatapping.com/Scripts/PostNuke/modules.php?op=modload&name=XForum&file=viewthread&tid=851

There is SOOO much mixed info, I really don't know what I believe right now... I'm going to opt for waiting for a real hard announcement from her agent/manager/publicist etc. or Her...

Thanks Cassie, gotta love pics! :D That pic is from... um.. I think it's Fire and Water, but honestly, no clue, lol, besides it's season one (look at their hair!) and WOW, it DOES look like they're holding hands!! :eek: I never even realized that!

Buc252
March 28th, 2005, 06:53 PM
Oh, no probs, Mary. The way I worded it, anyways, was kinda silly. :p And as for the list... why do you think I spend so much time 'here'? :p

I know - don't forget how *I* ended up here! (Yep, it's allllll your fault. <g>)

And just so we stay on topic here, and since I mentioned it, does anybody know of any really good stories (hopefully not novel-length) where Jack is hurt and Sam takes care of him? I love to see my guys getting lots of TLC from the women they love. ;)

Buc252
March 28th, 2005, 06:54 PM

And don't forget Jonas . . . . <g>

Buc252
March 28th, 2005, 07:07 PM
i agree thatthreads was rushed(sad that Jacob died).definitely should have been a two-parter but the TPTB are not going put 3 two-parters one after the other ;) but other than that I actually liked this season but hey that's just my opinion

I'm in the camp that hated S8, and thought it had mostly horribly written and conceived episodes. But on the Threads topic, I would have gladly done without some of the diner or Jaffa or even :eek: stuff if I could have had a scene where Jacob says his last words to Jack. I *so* know he wants them together. ;)

gatebee
March 28th, 2005, 07:07 PM

Yipppeee!

Poz
HOORAY .....CONGRATULATIONS TO AMANDA AND ALAN for their new arrivalhttp://www.clicksmilies.com/s0105/party/party-smiley-052.gif

parsifal
March 28th, 2005, 07:13 PM
Confirmed. Now we just need a picture...

Hello Everyone!!

I am thrilled to announce the birth of my daughter Olivia B on Tuesday March 22nd at 6:29pm. She is beautiful and healthy!

She weighed in at 9 lbs 4ozs and was 22 inches long. I am over the moon in love!

Thanks to all of you for your prayers and good wishes. Labour and delivery were amazing. With the help of an incredible support team I was able to deliver without any drugs or intervention.

I am deliriously happy.

Thank you for all of the support and love we have received from you.

With love,
Amanda, Alan and Olivia

Lynn
March 28th, 2005, 07:16 PM
I know - don't forget how *I* ended up here! (Yep, it's allllll your fault. <g>)

And just so we stay on topic here, and since I mentioned it, does anybody know of any really good stories (hopefully not novel-length) where Jack is hurt and Sam takes care of him? I love to see my guys getting lots of TLC from the women they love. ;)
Try Spring Break by Sally Reeve - http://uk.geocities.com/mystories_uk/springbreak.htm

or

Oatmeal by Kate McCaye
http://uk.geocities.com/mystories_uk/springbreak.htm

Enjoy :-)

Lynn
March 28th, 2005, 07:19 PM

Hello Everyone!!

I am thrilled to announce the birth of my daughter Olivia B on Tuesday March 22nd at 6:29pm. She is beautiful and healthy!

She weighed in at 9 lbs 4ozs and was 22 inches long. I am over the moon in love!

Thanks to all of you for your prayers and good wishes. Labour and delivery were amazing. With the help of an incredible support team I was able to deliver without any drugs or intervention.

I am deliriously happy.

With love,
Amanda, Alan and Olivia
Yep - it's confirmed :-)

CONGRATULATIONS AMANDA!!!! (And an extra Yipee for the no drugs and intervention - I've done it with and without and one is definitely harder than the other :-))

LtColSamONeill
March 28th, 2005, 08:16 PM

waterfall

I love this episode and while I was watching AU Sam cry at the end, and even tho I've seen it a zillion times, I got a little teary eyed thinking that poor Sam is all alone in her world with no Jack....WAAAAAAAaaaaaa!!!

I love how she touches his hair at the end, the great kiss and the big honkin ring!!!!!

Of course you also have the wedding photo, the hug, the conversation, the begging him not to go.

Did I mention that I love this episode.

I'm thinking that a combination of the AU Sam from this ep and the AU Sam from TBFTGOG would actually be what Sam would be like if things had been different and not geeky Sam from Mobieus

ForeverSg1
March 28th, 2005, 08:30 PM
I posted this on the Sam is Great and Congrats Amanda threads... so
please ignore if you've already seen it. ;) :) :D

Baby Announcment (http://img49.exs.cx/img49/6866/girl8fy.jpg)

Kat

gatebee
March 28th, 2005, 08:32 PM
this is not shippy but
it is in honor of the new arrival

We at GateWorld are pleased to hear
That Amanda Tappining's baby is here
Olivia she is to be called
By all who post at Gateworld

For weeks we wondered and prayed
If Amanda and baby are great
But now the good news has arrived
Amanda, Alan and Olivia has survived.

LtColSamONeill
March 28th, 2005, 08:33 PM

Hello Everyone!!

I am deliriously happy.

With love,
Amanda, Alan and Olivia

Wheeeeeeee for Amanda, Alan and the lovely new addition, Olivia!!!! Wow, no drugs!!! She is a tough cookie!!! LOL.

Way to go and congrats all around!!!

Emilee108
March 28th, 2005, 09:05 PM
Just thought I would add my congratulations to Amanda and Allan!

NO drugs!?! That woman is brave!

CONGRATULATIONS to the happy family!!

I just love babies!!!

~*~Emilee~*~

MajorSam
March 28th, 2005, 10:35 PM
I've already written congrats on the congrats thread, and the Sam's a Great Character Thread, but it deserves some more!!! so

CONGRATULATIONS AMANDA AND ALAN FOR OLIVIA B!!!!!!!

florence
March 28th, 2005, 11:34 PM

Hello Everyone!!

I am deliriously happy.

With love,
Amanda, Alan and Olivia

Thanks parsifal :) I can't access to AT site (too many people trying to access I guess ;) )

CONGRATULATIONS TO AMANDA AND ALAN !

Olivia, what a beautiful name for this little baby girl :)

majorsal
March 29th, 2005, 12:22 AM
My guess is AT's baby will be a new cast member on SG-1 and we'll find out her and Jack had a baby...ok so I know that will never happen, but its kind of a cool thought.

My sister-in-law just had a baby so I understand how it could take a few weeks to post an update!

I can live with that! :p

Sally, still sqeeing over Amanda's little Olivia bundle of joy! :D

majorsal
March 29th, 2005, 12:27 AM
Here's a silly moment with AT/RDA:

http://www.powerpromoz.com/stargate/sg1_atdiary1.jpg

Just for fun...

That pic's reminding me to ask a question. At a recent con, Michael Shanks said that RDA was going to Vancouver to film an ep on Tuesday... I wonder if MS meant the Tues of March 22nd, 'cause that's when Amanda had her baby? I'd love it if RDA had been there to congratulate Amanda and Alan and see the baby. :D

majorsal
March 29th, 2005, 12:41 AM
(((SES)))) I am so not arguing any of this with you because I too have alot of the same feeling :D

I am just saying that I personally will give the show a chance :D...I understand if it is over for you and I definitely respect that :D

... You have no idea how wonderful that attitude is. On another ship place I hang out, it's a war zone for anyone to speak their 'true' feelings (negative) and not be blasted badly. I really, truly love this thread.

((((ship family))))

Sally :)

majorsal
March 29th, 2005, 12:46 AM

Yipppeee!

Poz

Isn't it great!!! :D

Here's Amanda's official statement:

(courtesy of her official website - amandatapping.com )

Hello Everyone!!

I am thrilled to announce the birth of my daughter Olivia B o*n Tuesday March 22nd at 6:29pm. She is beautiful and healthy!

I am deliriously happy.

With love,
Amanda, Alan and Olivia

~~~

Is that a happy momma or what! :D

Sally :D :D

sueKay
March 29th, 2005, 01:40 AM
OMG!!!

CONGRATS AT AND ALAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

righto...better go and lurk again

Katkin
March 29th, 2005, 01:54 AM

Hello Everyone!!

I am deliriously happy.

With love,
Amanda, Alan and Olivia

Wow! Delurking briefly to congratulate Amanda and Alan! Having done it twice with no drugs [:eek: aieeee!!!!]: ;) RESPECT to Amanda!

Hi Shippers… Am missing you [have been thunking] but will probably tune back into the new, improved thread! Have had to skip the ship on what everyone Stateside thought of Moebius I and II: can anyone post a quick summing-up or pm me a round-up? I’d love to know if anyone was as underwhelmed as I was a few weeks back!

PS… can the person who posted the link to The Darker Side of Night, by Mary Beth House re-post it? I’ve lost it! :o

Elkeli
March 29th, 2005, 03:19 AM
Try Spring Break by Sally Reeve - http://uk.geocities.com/mystories_uk/springbreak.htm

or

Oatmeal by Kate McCaye
http://uk.geocities.com/mystories_uk/springbreak.htm

Enjoy :-)

Yo there, both the links are the same :D

Nice effort on the baby girl Amanda! I hope she stays healthy, grows strong an becomes a prevelant leader in the jaffa cause......i mean....hang on.....nevermind....

wynter
March 29th, 2005, 03:27 AM
congratulations amanda & alan!!!!!!!

This is fantastic news a baby girl,can't wait to see if she looks like amanda.

Oh well another resason to have a party celebrating the birth of little OLIVIA

wynterxx

Catysg1
March 29th, 2005, 04:59 AM
Congratulations to Amanda, Alan on Olivia's Birth :)

http://www.urlbaron.com/cardpics/p6764.gif

Caty :)

PS : She is a big baby ..Lovely :)

Catysg1
March 29th, 2005, 05:06 AM
this is not shippy but
it is in honor of the new arrival

We at GateWorld are pleased to hear
That Amanda Tappining's baby is here
Olivia she is to be called
By all who post at Gateworld

For weeks we wondered and prayed
If Amanda and baby are great
But now the good news has arrived
Amanda, Alan and Olivia has survived.

Great little poem gatebee :)

Caty:)

sierragulf_gurl_23
March 29th, 2005, 05:25 AM
CONGRATULATIONS AMANDA.what a pretty name: Olivia... :D :S So happy!!!

it could be fun if they shoot an AU episode where AU Sam and AU Jack have a baby and it could be Olivia?... too weird and complicated...

Blaise
March 29th, 2005, 06:05 AM

:eek: 9lbs :eek: When i saw that, i thought, ouch lol.

:) :) :) :) CONGRATS AMANDA AND ALAN!!! :) :) :) :)

sierragulf_gurl_23
March 29th, 2005, 06:34 AM
9 lbs? she's a big girl. but i am still happy for her.

sierragulf_gurl_23
March 29th, 2005, 06:37 AM
ps. Blaise: I'm really sorry not to have told you earlier but I just never found you.Sorry. I'm probably weeks late huh? but anyway, HAPPY late B-DAY:)(hope you forgive)

Blaise
March 29th, 2005, 07:22 AM
LOL no problem AT ALL. I was honestly suprised anyone remembered, I didn't realise the board put that notice on the bottom lol. I'm a big 23 now :eek:

If only Amanda had her baby three days earlier hehe, we would of shared a birthday!

Catysg1
March 29th, 2005, 09:56 AM
It is a celebration day today :)

Therefore for all shippers ..a new video "I think I love you " Kaci

Oma-1
March 29th, 2005, 10:13 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v685/Oma-1/special.jpg

I am really happy for Amanda and Alan. No feeling in the world can compare with holding your newborn child. It really is a miracle.

*drifts off into haze remembering*

CKO
March 29th, 2005, 10:15 AM
yea i know i've lurked for awhile while everything cools down.. but never fear i am still hear ;)

and congrats to amanda and alan on the birth of their daughter :)

melpomene
March 29th, 2005, 10:57 AM
Oh it's sooo sweeeeeet!!!!!!

I think Sam and Jack should have kids (dreaming)

Kri
March 29th, 2005, 11:16 AM
Congratulations to Amanda, Alan on Olivia's Birth :)

http://www.urlbaron.com/cardpics/p6764.gif

Caty :)

She had a 9 pound baby naturally. I am not at all surprised by the size, considering she delivered a full week late. I am thrilled for them! :D

Lynn
March 29th, 2005, 12:12 PM

Ok Caty - we *know* that I am crazy but ... where is the link to the video?????

MajorSam
March 29th, 2005, 12:22 PM

FABulous video, of course! It's such a happy song! *giggles* I'm very happy right now :D And Paradise was also GREAT, loved lots of the pics because I just got back from Paris, and a lot of those places!

She had a 9 pound baby naturally. I am not at all surprised by the size, considering she delivered a full week late. I am thrilled for them! :D

*cough* 9lbs 4oz and three weeks EARLY!!! (me!)

la la laaaa, I can't wait for Sam and Jack to have babies!!!

stargate barbie
March 29th, 2005, 12:22 PM
RE amanda's baby, first reaction, YAY! then i kept reading, second reaction, hmm i was sure it would be a boy, then i kept reading, third reaction, aaww thats a nice name, then i kept reading, fourth reaction, HOLY $*** thats a big baby!, then i kept reading, fifth reaction, NO DRUGS!?!?!?!? WWHHAAAAA?.

seriously though, hugely pleased and many congrats to AT and the family.

P.S, too many reactions?

also, staying on topic, how did the american viewers love threads and moebius now that they've finally seen it?
cos just to restate my position on this, i LOVED them!

Lynn
March 29th, 2005, 12:33 PM
Yo there, both the links are the same :D

Nice effort on the baby girl Amanda! I hope she stays healthy, grows strong an becomes a prevelant leader in the jaffa cause......i mean....hang on.....nevermind....
Try this one for "Oatmeal" - http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2012638/1/

Queen_Bee
March 29th, 2005, 01:10 PM
CONGRATULATIONS AMANDA!!!

and a beautiful name aswell..Olivia.

and no drugs...:D..i would be the same....only because i have a needle phobia and the thought of epidural makes me queezy....
hehe...

I am sooo happy...cant wait to see pics...

*happy dances*

have a shipperific day peoples

Bee

antares
March 29th, 2005, 01:28 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v685/Oma-1/special.jpg

I am really happy for Amanda and Alan. No feeling in the world can compare with holding your newborn child. It really is a miracle.

*drifts off into haze remembering*

Yes, Many felicitations to Amada and Alan, and very, very best wishes :D

It is. <contented smile. :) > There is no sound in the world like the ones newborns make either.

They grow up too fast. :(

Cheers,
Kristen

Ship Nana
March 29th, 2005, 01:51 PM
Congratulations to Amanda and Alan on the birth of their daughter.

And kuddos to Olivia for being so smart to pick such wonderful people to be her parents!

http://www.animationlibrary.com/Animation11/Jobs_and_People/Babies/dancing_baby.gif

melpomene
March 29th, 2005, 01:52 PM
Posted a new fic.
the Ladies Men parts 1 & 2.
Pt 1 is ship-less but Pt. 2 and the not yet posted sequel and triquel
Lady and Gentlemen
&
One Man, One Woman

are all shippy and mention kids, as a matter of fact.
What totally triumphant timing :)

sierragulf_gurl_23
March 29th, 2005, 01:55 PM
her i'm back but i have to leave again...congrats on the baby amanada and alan...can't wait to see the shippyness in solitudes tonite...just ignore me i'm going off to the land of lilipu... :p

Catysg1
March 29th, 2005, 01:58 PM
Yes, Many felicitations to Amada and Alan, and very, very best wishes :D

It is. <contented smile. :) > There is no sound in the world like the ones newborns make either.

They grow up too fast. :(

Cheers,
Kristen

Like those baby sounds :)

http://www.angelfire.com/space2/sci-fi/baby1.wav

http://www.angelfire.com/space2/sci-fi/baby2.wav

http://www.angelfire.com/space2/sci-fi/baby3.wav

last one .....my favourite :) and this is what Olivia will be saying to Mummy and Daddy soon :)

http://www.angelfire.com/space2/sci-fi/baby4.wav

caty:)

Oma-1
March 29th, 2005, 02:06 PM
Love those baby sounds Caty! Hope Amanda and Alan get lots of those - and less of the ones I get!! They usually go something like this

*WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH huge breath WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH*

girlgater
March 29th, 2005, 02:08 PM

last one .....my favourite :)

Love the sounds Caty--it almost makes me want to have another baby--almost. :D

Cassie
March 29th, 2005, 02:16 PM

last one .....my favourite :) and this is what Olivia will be saying to Mummy and Daddy soon :)

Great sounds Caty :)
Congrats Again to Amanda and Alan
Olivia is a week old now!!!! :)

Elkeli
March 29th, 2005, 02:22 PM
Excellent, thanks for the link :D

Edit: forgot to quote Lynn, but hopefully you know what i'm talking about

Ship Nana
March 29th, 2005, 02:52 PM

Great video as always Caty!!! Bows with deep respect!! :D

Daniel's_twin
March 29th, 2005, 03:00 PM
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO OLIVIA AND CONGRATULATIONS TO AMANDA AND ALAN!!!!!!!!!!!! :cool:

TameFarrar
March 29th, 2005, 04:17 PM
Hmmm, that is not how I understood it. Moebius 1 & 2 The ZPM and tape were found at a dig that happened about two weeks before Moebius 1. That is what Daniel says in Moebius 1 about leaving themselves a message. Daniel knew about that dig. The ZPM and tape were buried before AT Jack and AT Sam arrived in 2995 B.C. Daniel wrote the tablet after the rebellion succeeded, but Ra took the gate. He left it near the place they buried the ZPM and tape. If Catherine would have had it all along, she would have given it to the SGC a long time ago. She would have known it was possibly an Ancient device or would have asked Daniel about it. When SG-1 were viewing the tape they were in Daniel's office. The ZPM was in a crate from being shipped to the SGC probably by someone from the dig.

Of course, I could be wrong about that. :D
Token you are probably right about *HOW* the *thing* got there... I was just making that part up from what I remembered.... I had forgotten the dialogue. :D

But I really DID like that line I had about Sam & Jack's love spanning time itself :D

Lynn
March 29th, 2005, 04:47 PM
Love those baby sounds Caty! Hope Amanda and Alan get lots of those - and less of the ones I get!! They usually go something like this

*WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH huge breath WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH*
Hey mine sounds like that too!!!!!

Although now she says Hiya! and Bye! too :-)

What do you thin Sam and Jack's baby's first words would be?

MajorSam
March 29th, 2005, 04:52 PM
Hey mine sounds like that too!!!!!

Although now she says Hiya! and Bye! too :-)

What do you thin Sam and Jack's baby's first words would be?

"Jello!"

or

"Fishing"

or, if it's a Jack's girl/boy "Doh!"

or a Sam's girl/boy "Reactor!"

Uber
March 29th, 2005, 05:13 PM
Here's an ÜberSG-1Fan EXCLUSIVE picture of baby Olivia!

http://www.powerpromoz.com/stargate/babyshipper.jpg

...and look at that. She even voices her position on the Sam/Jack shipper debate!

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

ON EDIT: Before anyone PM's me, this OF COURSE is not really Olivia... :D

Lynn
March 29th, 2005, 05:14 PM
"Jello!"

or

"Fishing"

As long as it's not "Ohfercryingoutloud" I think they'd be happy :-)

Cassie
March 29th, 2005, 05:16 PM
"Jello!"

or

"Fishing"

LOL like thoughs. How about....

Finally (after 8 years!)

Jack's yasureubetcha!
or
Sam's according to......

MajorSam
March 29th, 2005, 05:20 PM
Sam's "Theoretical..."

or "Theoretically speaking..."

Hey, a baby of Amanda's? Who knows what she could do :p

Cassie
March 29th, 2005, 05:36 PM
Just thought of another one......

Sam's "with all do respect mum or dad your putting on my diaper the wrong way"

ya I have no life tonight!

Lynn
March 29th, 2005, 05:41 PM
Just thought of another one......

Sam's "with all do respect mum or dad your putting on my diaper the wrong way"

ya I have no life tonight!
Jack's - "Ya think, Mom?"

Token
March 29th, 2005, 06:27 PM
Token you are probably right about *HOW* the *thing* got there... I was just making that part up from what I remembered.... I had forgotten the dialogue. :D
Well, when I first saw the scene, I wondered the same thing you did. :D It was hard to tell. Daniel really needs to clean his lab. :p Of course, I did my shipper duty and rewatched and rewatched and rewatched. ;)

But I really DID like that line I had about Sam & Jack's love spanning time itself :D

Was there any doubt??? :D Not only TIME but UNIVERSE!! :D :D

MajorSam
March 29th, 2005, 06:34 PM
Well, when I first saw the scene, I wondered the same thing you did. :D It was hard to tell. Daniel really needs to clean his lab. :p Of course, I did my shipper duty and rewatched and rewatched and rewatched. ;)

Was there any doubt??? :D Not only TIME but UNIVERSE!! :D :D

Not only TIME and UNIVERSE but REALITY as well!!! :D:D

ses110
March 29th, 2005, 06:40 PM
Thanks Tame.The thing that really bothers me is TPTB said many times No RDA No new Seasons.I was Happy because it sounded like SG-1 would not be making the mistake X-Files made.TPTB should have never made those statements.If I were RDA I would be a little hurt TPTB want to go on without Jack.IMO Season 8 was the worst Season of SG-1 and the Sam and Jack resoultion was very disappointing.RDA leaving was the last straw.

Lynn
March 29th, 2005, 07:54 PM
Posted a new fic.
Lady and Gentlemen
&
One Man, One Woman

(((((Melpomene)))))

I just finished reading *ALL* of your posted fanfic and I will be going to bed a very happy shipper :-)

Excellent writing - just loved the idea of Jack lying on the end of the bed with moonlight in his hair, eyes twinkling - SIGH - Hmmm.

Well are the sequel and triquel written and you are just teasing us or are they just a little twinkle in your eye right now????

Everyone should read!

LtColSamONeill
March 29th, 2005, 08:11 PM
Great video Caty!! Also loved the little baby with the shipper shirt Uber!!
Let's see......Sam and Jacks babies (Grace) first word.......probably 'REGS' and then she'd spit up bahhhhaaaa

Lynn
March 29th, 2005, 08:30 PM
Great video Caty!! Also loved the little baby with the shipper shirt Uber!!
Let's see......Sam and Jacks babies (Grace) first word.......probably 'REGS' and then she'd spit up bahhhhaaaa
Now that's very funny :-)

Cassie
March 29th, 2005, 08:39 PM
Posted a new fic.
Lady and Gentlemen
&
One Man, One Woman

Excellent Melpomene!!! :D
Just read The Ladies Men Pt 1 and 2 and that is a very very good story too! :D
(((((Melpomene)))))

mad_gater
March 29th, 2005, 09:51 PM
ps. Blaise: I'm really sorry not to have told you earlier but I just never found you.Sorry. I'm probably weeks late huh? but anyway, HAPPY late B-DAY:)(hope you forgive)
WELCOME SGG23!!!!!!!!!

*in borg voice*

We are the shippers! Resistence is futile! Your biological, technological, and shipperlogical distinctiveness will be added to our own!!!!

:P:D:P:D:P:D:P:D

mad_gater
March 29th, 2005, 09:59 PM
Posted a new fic.
Lady and Gentlemen
&
One Man, One Woman

Read "The Ladies Men!" Awesome fic! Keep up the good work! :D:D:D:D:D:D

mad_gater
March 29th, 2005, 10:12 PM
Great video as always Caty!!! Bows with deep respect!! :D
(((((((((((((((((((((((nana)))))))))))))))))))))))))

Nice to see you again!! :D:D:D:D:D:D

Sheesh! I don't log in for a few days cuz of Easter and you guys bury me in the previous thread! :P:D:P:D

Hope everyone had a happy Easter!

Alaskhah
March 29th, 2005, 11:08 PM
LOL! WB MG! (There's something really wrong with this - two sentences with not a complete word between them... :p ). I agree! Even after I just get home from work, it seems to take a long time to get caught up, let alone a whole weekend!!

Posted a new fic.
Lady and Gentlemen
&
One Man, One Woman
Those were great! I can't wait to read part 3!

And, just because I can...
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y92/alaskhah/ScorchedEarthSJ2.jpg
"Until TPTB let the ship set sail, our favorite couple had to settle for the occasional ride on the shipper life raft..."

Catysg1
March 30th, 2005, 04:40 AM
Olivia's first 2 words :)

http://www.angelfire.com/magic/le_monde_perdu/awa-awa.wav

http://www.angelfire.com/magic/le_monde_perdu/AwwGoo.wav

Which means ..tickle me again ( first word) ..I love it ;) but I hate tin vegetable food (2nd word) , give me some pudding :)

and after the pudding :)
She 'll do that :)

http://www.angelfire.com/magic/le_monde_perdu/Laugh_1year.wav

florence
March 30th, 2005, 06:33 AM
http://yelims2.free.fr/Fete/HappyBirthDay.gif

Happy birthday Shipper Hannah !

Lynn
March 30th, 2005, 07:37 AM
Happy Birthday Shipper Hannah :-)

Where is everyone? Is RL getting in the way or are they all off somewhere daydreaming about the Ship?????

Catysg1
March 30th, 2005, 07:42 AM
Happy Birthday Shipper Hannah :)

Have fun today :)

and Here is my new collage :) for Youuuuuuuuu :D

http://www.clicksmilies.com/s0105/linie/smiley-linie-009.gif

http://www.angelfire.com/magic/le_monde_perdu/SJSunfire2.jpg

http://www.clicksmilies.com/s0105/linie/smiley-linie-009.gif

girlgater
March 30th, 2005, 07:46 AM
Happy Birthday Shipper Hannah :-)

Where is everyone? Is RL getting in the way or are they all off somewhere daydreaming about the Ship?????

Things are very quiet around the Sam/Jack ship threads. Perhaps since S8 has finished, everyone is waiting for S9 to get going before they start posting heavily. I don't know...

Token
March 30th, 2005, 07:54 AM
http://pages.prodigy.net/bestsmileys1/emoticons3/BALLOONS.GIF

Happy Birthday, Shipper Hannah!!
:D Sweet Sixteen!! :D
May all your Shippy dreams come true!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v334/Token04/SamJackStairsResize2.jpg
Jack: Did you mail Shipper Hannah's card?
Sam: Yes, I signed it "From Sam & Jack O'Neill"
;)
http://pages.prodigy.net/bestsmileys1/emoticons3/BALLOONS.GIF

Kri
March 30th, 2005, 08:26 AM
It is very very quiet in here. I am so thrilled for Amanda I can't speak. Maybe that is what everyone's problem is ;)

Did Sam and Jack end their long honeymoon tour of the world?

ShimmeringStar
March 30th, 2005, 08:46 AM
Things are very quiet around the Sam/Jack ship threads. Perhaps since S8 has finished, everyone is waiting for S9 to get going before they start posting heavily. I don't know...Well... probably there's a ton of reasons... the Easter holidays... recovering from head injuries caused by the Moebius timeline stuff..... lack of spoilers... others are working on brilliant pieces of ship art.... others are scribbling away at fanfic..... and.... a biggie.... spring is here north of the equator.... longer days, warmer temps, sun, flowers, romance...... :)

Although some may have taken a break thinking GW was going down last week... Just wanted to share this with you in case y'all didn't notice it at the top of the page....http://forum.gateworld.net/announcement.php?f=17 Darren just put it up....

Hopefully it won't be down that long. :)

(((ShipperFamily)))

Lynn
March 30th, 2005, 09:25 AM
Well... probably there's a ton of reasons... the Easter holidays... recovering from head injuries caused by the Moebius timeline stuff..... lack of spoilers... others are working on brilliant pieces of ship art.... others are scribbling away at fanfic..... and.... a biggie.... spring is here north of the equator.... longer days, warmer temps, sun, flowers, romance...... :)

Although some may have taken a break thinking GW was going down last week... Just wanted to share this with you in case y'all didn't notice it at the top of the page....http://forum.gateworld.net/announcement.php?f=17 Darren just put it up....

Hopefully it won't be down that long. :)

(((ShipperFamily)))
So we'll all have to go visit SueKay over at Stargate Intel then :-)

sueKay
March 30th, 2005, 09:56 AM
*delurks*

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SHIPPER HANNAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Intel's kinda dead as well

the fanfic forum's quite buzzy tho'

Hex.FTB.enabled
March 30th, 2005, 10:28 AM
Been a shipper since I saw season 1, thought I should wander in and say hi. :) We have to wait until July for season 9, and now the forum's going down for a bit, I'm definitely gonna have to start withdrawl preparations....

sueKay
March 30th, 2005, 11:51 AM
hey there Hex.FTP.Enabled!

What do we call you for short?

Hex.FTB.enabled
March 30th, 2005, 11:54 AM
Hex will be just fine. Very creative. :D

gatebee
March 30th, 2005, 12:24 PM
Olivia's first 2 words :)

http://www.angelfire.com/magic/le_monde_perdu/awa-awa.wav

http://www.angelfire.com/magic/le_monde_perdu/AwwGoo.wav

Which means ..tickle me again ( first word) ..I love it ;) but I hate tin vegetable food (2nd word) , give me some pudding :)

and after the pudding :)
She 'll do that :)

http://www.angelfire.com/magic/le_monde_perdu/Laugh_1year.wav

ohh that is so great....thanks Caty

gatebee
March 30th, 2005, 12:29 PM
HAPPY BIRTHDAY SHIPPER HANNAHhttp://www.clicksmilies.com/s0105/party/party-smiley-006.gifhttp://www.clicksmilies.com/s0105/party/party-smiley-006.gifhttp://www.clicksmilies.com/s0105/party/party-smiley-006.gif
http://www.clicksmilies.com/s0105/linie/smiley-linie-019.gif

gatebee
March 30th, 2005, 12:32 PM
Here's an ÜberSG-1Fan EXCLUSIVE picture of baby Olivia!

http://www.powerpromoz.com/stargate/babyshipper.jpg

...and look at that. She even voices her position on the Sam/Jack shipper debate!

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

ON EDIT: Before anyone PM's me, this OF COURSE is not really Olivia... :D
Uber....love the S/J t-shirt.....can you do a small BDU as well....soooo cute
Thanks for sharing

wanted to rep you but not yet allowed

Queen_Bee
March 30th, 2005, 01:13 PM
hey hey peoples

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SHIPPER HANNAH!! HOPE UR DAY WAS FULL OF SHIPPERIFIC FUN!!!

welcome Hex...kewl name!! enjoy the thread..

i too will be going thru withdrawal until July....good excuse to have to re watch some shippy eps!! :D

Great collage Caty,,,great to hear from you...been missing urs and SueKays posts!

Lurve and hugs
Bee

gatewatcher
March 30th, 2005, 01:27 PM
:D I love all of these, but I think the old romantic in me prefers the "Always" one the best. :D
Samfan, ditto for " Always" banner.......but I think my fave is " Written in the Stars" :)

Elkeli
March 30th, 2005, 03:48 PM
Just a quick hello and goodbye in case if I come on here later and the forums down.

I start my first shift at work today!

It means i'm going to have to miss Atlantis though :(

Oh well, i'm considering using the many working hours to come up with a fic but because i'm not overly creative in the writing arena there'll be no promises :P hehe

have a good day everyone!

Cassie
March 30th, 2005, 07:28 PM
HAPPY BIRTHDAY SHIPPER HANNAH!!! :D

gatebee
April 2nd, 2005, 01:23 PM
HOOOOORRAAAYYY back to shipping

florence
April 2nd, 2005, 01:30 PM
http://yelims2.free.fr/Fete/Danseurs.gif

Yoohoo GW is back !

Although I've spent a very good time in SG Intel while GW was down, it's great to be back here :)

florence
April 2nd, 2005, 01:47 PM
Results of SJ Fanfics Awards have been posted :

http://www.samandjack.net/sjfa/results2005.html

Congrats to all the authors, especially Meimei and BrenRen (and anyone from the SJ Family that I would have missed) :)

gatebee
April 2nd, 2005, 01:51 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v205/FilBrit1/fa1219e8.jpg

Sam and Jack forever

Catysg1
April 2nd, 2005, 03:15 PM
For the return of GW and the Sam and Jack shippers :)

http://www.angelfire.com/magic/le_monde_perdu/SJWeddingdream2.jpg

gatebee
April 2nd, 2005, 03:22 PM
(((((((( Caty ))))))))))
thank you .......oh so shippy looking our Sam and Jack

Oma-1
April 2nd, 2005, 04:49 PM
For the return of GW and the Sam and Jack shippers :)

http://www.angelfire.com/magic/le_monde_perdu/SJWeddingdream2.jpg

Yay we're back! And with a beautiful picture to celebrate too. Lovely Caty :)

I did take advantage of the break to watch S7 though. Lost City still blows me away each time. *looks for tissues* My eyes glaze over when Sam calls the Colonel Jack, then the tears start to roll when she puts her hand on the ice.

Queen_Bee
April 2nd, 2005, 05:03 PM
hello one and all

i hath returned!
been away for a shopping spree with my mum..

soo glad that GW is back up....i need to return to my daily fix..

Hey Caty glad to see ya posting...great pic too...
cant wait..season 9, i think its gonna go off!!!....think! hehe

good to be back

Lurve and hugs
Bee

Jane
April 2nd, 2005, 05:25 PM
lol, I aint been on in a while, so whats been happening??? :D any shippy rumours?

MajorSam
April 2nd, 2005, 06:10 PM
lol, I aint been on in a while, so whats been happening??? :D any shippy rumours?

Hey, wb from your "while"

Just had to comment on your sig... I LOVE that movie!!! Omg... I don't think i've met one person yet who hasen't!! even my brother! :eek:

Can you imagine Sam and Jack... in the rain... *sigh* wow. They should watch that movie!!!

*Thinking of how I could get them to watch that in a fic* *ooh, I know!* *runs off to write*

gatewatcher
April 2nd, 2005, 07:25 PM
woohoo noticed we're back on!!!!
Caty, I LOVE that picture!!! Catch you all later.......have a great Sunday!

gatebee
April 2nd, 2005, 07:33 PM
GW just noticed your sig with Sam and Jack on the corner....very nice...thanks for sharing

twiggy
April 2nd, 2005, 07:41 PM
wow, more people have viewed this one then the RDA/Jack Thunk Thread, and yet that's got WAY more posts. lol

Elkeli
April 2nd, 2005, 09:26 PM
wow, more people have viewed this one then the RDA/Jack Thunk Thread, and yet that's got WAY more posts. lol
This thread had about 10,000+ posts up until sometime last week when it was archived and chopped down considerably. So the views are no condusive to the posting :)

Uber
April 2nd, 2005, 09:54 PM
This thread had about 10,000+ posts up until sometime last week when it was archived and chopped down considerably. So the views are no condusive to the posting :)
WOW - I can't believe it!!! GW is finally back up!

I checked for like two days straight and got a whole lot of nothin'. It's good to see my shipper friends again!

Oh, for those who have been gently pestering me for the next installment, the follow up to The Darker Side of Night is finally done!!! :D

If you'd like to read it, the links are in my sig. (however I can't quite get the formatting right on the FanFiction.net one...so the text just kind of rambles together... :mad:

Now if you haven't read The Darker Side of Night (which was extremely shippy), then Eclipse (which has shippy elements as a continuation of The Darker Side of Night) won't make a bit of sense to you!

Here are some teasers and a minor disclaimer:

minor disclaimer first - there was a small aspect of my story that's referenced in Moebius 1 - but I swear I had the idea before I saw it!!!

-Sam gets help from an unexpected friend, but there's a catch
-Jack tries to come to terms with a major loss
-Sam meets up with several old acquaintances and friends she thought she'd never see again
-Nothing is what it seems to be when she gets to earth
-Jack tries to come to terms with a major loss
-Sam gets to kick some Jaffa butt in hand to hand combat
-Sam is forced to make a devastating choice

LillyBoot
April 3rd, 2005, 12:18 AM
What are everyones favorite Jack and Sam episodes?

Madeleine
April 3rd, 2005, 12:41 AM
Hi Lilly,

I liked Solitudes. It had a super dynamic between them. Sam was pretty fazed at first by the situation, but Jack's strength and level-headedness rubbed off on her and she ended up being the strong supportive one towards the end when Jack was fading away. I think this one and Serpent's Thingy (the hand-biting scene) were a really good indicator of the professional relationship between the two of them and the respect they had for each other; Jack for Sam's spirit and Sam for Jack's leadership.

I particularly liked how solitudes avoided the TV cliche of Man & Woman Stranded Together = Romance; and I'm not saying that as an anti-shipper because I know that it's still very possible to see ship in that ep. I just think it was nice that the focus of the ep was *cameraderie* because that theme of the two of them trying to stay positive while facing death together carried such a lot of power, especially when counterpointed with Daniel and Teal'c's desperate searching.

(BTW, if you want shippy replies you can post this question in the Shipper Family Thread (http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=8580) or the S/J Discussion Only Thread ("http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=10397), depending on how analytical you want to get.)

Lord Zedd
April 3rd, 2005, 03:42 AM
I liked it so much when Jack said to Freya/Anise that he cares more about Carter than he supposed too. Since then they knew it from each other that they care a lot about each other.

Lord Zedd
April 3rd, 2005, 03:46 AM
yeah gateworld was a lot longer down than 2 days !! Finally they are back. Hope this time they found a better server !! I missed you guys so much.
(((shipperfamily))) I wanted to post but gateworld didn't work :( so I went to Stargate Intel.Luckely lots of people from GateWorld come to it when gateworld is down.
I was looking for this thread and :eek: I couldn't find it so I looked at the second page there I found it !!.Never thought that I had to look for this thread at the second page. :(

Grin
April 3rd, 2005, 04:42 AM
Moebius Part 2, i know technically it didn't happen but it was cool!

sierragulf_gurl_23
April 3rd, 2005, 07:54 AM
hey! i'm back. can someone give me the link to StargateIntel please?

LillyBoot
April 3rd, 2005, 08:02 AM
What are everyone's favorite Sam and Jack episodes or moments?

sierragulf_gurl_23
April 3rd, 2005, 08:29 AM
Hey! I'm so gald you asked that :) one day i started making a list of all the shippy eps i've seen and now i have about an entire season's worth of episodes!
I'm gonna list them and see what other people think.[BEWARE OF A LOT SPOILERS FOR SEASONS 1-8]Some are pretty obvious but others are just wishful thinking but you guys tell me
Here's the first one (there not in any specific order, just in the order I remembered them):
1) Grace

tell me what you all think!

sierragulf_gurl_23
April 3rd, 2005, 08:48 AM
Oh, for those who have been gently pestering me for the next installment, the follow up to The Darker Side of Night is finally done!!! :D

If you'd like to read it, the links are in my sig. (however I can't quite get the formatting right on the FanFiction.net one...so the text just kind of rambles together... :mad:

Now if you haven't read The Darker Side of Night (which was extremely shippy), then Eclipse (which has shippy elements as a continuation of The Darker Side of Night) won't make a bit of sense to you!

Here are some teasers and a minor disclaimer:

minor disclaimer first - there was a small aspect of my story that's referenced in Moebius 1 - but I swear I had the idea before I saw it!!!

BTW:what's the address for Resolutions?

gatebee
April 3rd, 2005, 10:29 AM
here is a "tense" shippy moment. It is too big so be warned
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v205/FilBrit1/ThreadsIntro9.jpg

sg-1fanintn
April 3rd, 2005, 10:49 AM
Ok, after thinking about this for more than a week (and my husband, who is also a fan, thinks I've become overly-obsessed), let's consider these points:

1. Everything came to a head in "Threads." From Jacob to Agent Johnson, people were finally vocalizing what Daniel and Teal'c (and we) have known for so long: our pair were meant to be together. After watching (and rewatching) the nuances, I feel they are together. Jack's move to DC will actually make this easier, because we'll be free of the regs.

2. The time has come to fish or cut bait (as we say here in the south). If TPTB don't let S/J acknowledge the relationship in early S9, they will:
A. Alienate a huge part of the fan base at the same time that RDA's presence decreases and
B. Have missed their prime window of opportunity to capitalize on what they've been building toward for four years. Face it: by the time Troi and Wriker got together in ST: NG, no one cared anymore! It was an afterthought, an excuse for a party in a movie.

I have to think TPTB will want to avoid that mistake (especially if they still have movie hopes). The sexual tension between Sam and Jack has never been stronger, and early S9 will be the best chance to resolve it once and for all, so we can be happy. Having him in regular contact with her, whether by phone or appearance, would keep him "alive and part of the SG-1 landscape," as Joe Mallozzi said he would be.

Why is our happiness important to TPTB? Because it makes us more likely to accept the new characters and other changes they're throwing at us. They need SG-1 to go on at least another year, while they work to strenghten and grow SG: Atlantis. I like the characters and stories in SGA, but I don't think it's compelling enough yet to stand on its own without its parent series. Right now, Battlestar Gallactica is much more edgy. And the Aiden Ford controversy shows us TPTB are still tinkering with SGA, trying to get the formula right.

I also believe that RDA will make limited appearances throughout the season. With Wylie reaching school age, I can understand him wanting to be in L. A. more. But he owns part of the franchise, and has a vested interest in its success. If I were TPTB, I'd accomodate him with some easy-to-reach L.A. shoots.....even if it meant others had to fly in from Vancouver to shoot with him. Jack O'Neill is larger than life, and RDA's portrayal is so far beyond what Kurt Russell did in the movie that it isn't even funny! Although I love all the team, he IS the franchise, to a huge measure.

All right, I've rambled on long enough. What do others think?

Uber
April 3rd, 2005, 12:02 PM
BTW:what's the address for Resolutions?
I went ahead and just added it as the beginning of The Darker Side of Night...

So if you download The Darker Side of Night, Resolutions is the whole first 15 pages...

Mary Beth

Oma-1
April 3rd, 2005, 01:02 PM
here is a "tense" shippy moment. It is too big so be warned
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v205/FilBrit1/ThreadsIntro9.jpg

Argggghhhhhh! Its the ep that must not be mentioned *hides eyes* :D

Here's a little pic I put together to celebrate that ep. Pete doesn't get the sailing trip he expected. :D

[S8 Threads Spoiler Warning

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v685/Oma-1/lakeinminnesota.jpg

MB - I'm gonna read the next installment now!

gatebee
April 3rd, 2005, 05:40 PM
Jack and Sam are playing hide and seek....echo...echo

gatebee
April 3rd, 2005, 05:43 PM
Uber, just finished reading Darknerss and Eclipse....very lovely way to spend an afternoon reading about our Sam and Jack...when is the ending coming....thank you

Uber
April 3rd, 2005, 06:16 PM
Uber, just finished reading Darknerss and Eclipse....very lovely way to spend an afternoon reading about our Sam and Jack...when is the ending coming....thank you
I'd love it if you'd post feedback as a review on fanfiction.net for me... :D

http://www.fanfiction.net/~ubersg1fan

Zoser
April 4th, 2005, 08:48 AM
The scenes between Sam and Jacob in Threads were golden-it really showed how very close they had become and how much they loved each other-it was really fitting that at the end-his last view of this life was Sam and his last words were I love you. But i really wish that we had seen that scene between Jack and Jacob-it amazed me that in the briefing room Jacob was really needling Sam-like he knew something she ought to know-i wonder if needled Jack as well?
I'm coming a little late to the discussion but I would have loved to see Threads as a two parted - so much more they could have explored.
But as for Season 9 - if I let my little shippy heart get stomped on again I will change my name from Zoser to Sucker!
(RL has been less than kind lately and will be gone again - Mom is real sick)

Lynn
April 4th, 2005, 08:57 AM
I'd love it if you'd post feedback as a review on fanfiction.net for me... :D

Wow - I just launched it and Eclipse is 49 pages! Wow - I'll print it later and it will be my train reading :-)

BTW - I missed everyone this weekend - hate it when GW is down. Had to read lots of fanfic to make up for it.

And where is everyone this morning????? Dreaming of the ship?

I think we should set up a virtual "betting pool" as to when events will happen - for example - Which ep will TPTB ackowledge the SJ 'ship? When will they kiss in this reality? etc - Thoughts?????

Zoser
April 4th, 2005, 08:59 AM
That is way better than what my husband said in Threads when Kerry popped out of the sheets. He said "Way to go Jack". I could killed him, but I just ignored him instead.
My husband just said when Kerry popped up "Not Carter" to which I answered "He's talking to her on the phone (you idiot)". He seems to have joined with TPTB to yank my chain.

Daniel's_twin
April 4th, 2005, 12:04 PM

Window of Opportunity and Divide and Conquer. At least for the early seasons. Currently, Threads and Moebius Pt 2. :cool:

Hex.FTB.enabled
April 4th, 2005, 12:20 PM

Oh dear.

The Window of Opportunity kiss, the *scene* in Threads, "a lot more than I'm supposed to" in Divide and Conquer, Entity, Grace,...I could go on and on.....although I did just watch Within the Serpant's Grasp/Serpant's Lair again, and that part where she bites him is hilarious.

p.s. Zoser, I hope your mom is ok!

TameFarrar
April 4th, 2005, 12:48 PM
I think we should set up a virtual "betting pool" as to when events will happen - for example - Which ep will TPTB ackowledge the SJ 'ship? When will they kiss in this reality? etc - Thoughts?????
Personally I really think they are going to just make some sort of reference to it....and that is it....for the most part UNLESS RDA is in the episode. I really think they are going to make it a *Non-Issue* and just sneak it in :)

Spimman
April 4th, 2005, 12:52 PM
I would think even though RDA won't be there too much there will still be a relationship implied in many of the episodes...especially after how they left it in season 8.

girlgater
April 4th, 2005, 12:52 PM
I would love to see them really get one on us and put in something totally unexpected, extremely shippy and just blow our minds! What a special surprise treat... ;) :D (I'm afraid it won't happen, though). :(

Spimman
April 4th, 2005, 12:56 PM
Yeah I'm a little worried about the same thing with RDA stepping back. ;)

florence
April 4th, 2005, 01:08 PM

First, welcome to all the newbies ! :)

Now I answer your question : I love EVERY Sam and Jack moment :D
Funny moments, awkward moments, angsty moments, moments when they're just sitting side by side, when they're looking at each other, etc etc ;)

But if you want my favorite moment, I'll say the scene in Beneath the Surface, when they're sitting side by side, alone and when Jack says he's remembering feeling feelings. They're so close, comfortable with each other even under those hard circumstances, even when they have totally forgotten who they are.

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y41/shippy_flo/SamJack/BtS.jpg
Don't they look cute together ? :)

Cassie
April 4th, 2005, 01:09 PM
hey! i'm back. can someone give me the link to StargateIntel please?

Yay it's back!!!!!!!!!!
StargateIntel link is
http://s3.invisionfree.com/Stargate_Intel
SueKay made it! It's are home away from home when GW is down

Spimman
April 4th, 2005, 01:10 PM
I liked when they had to take the To'Kra version of a lie detector test...why after that did they have to bury their feelings again?

Cassie
April 4th, 2005, 01:14 PM

WELCOME LillyBoot! :D

My top 5 Favorite shippy moments are...
1. Window of Opportunity-The KISS
2. D&C-confession
3. Solitudes
4. Threads
5. Grace

Spimman
April 4th, 2005, 01:17 PM
I'm suprised Moebius 2 when Sam tells Jack she was lieing about liking Daniel, and then later on when they tell everyone to wait a moment while he jumps on her...good moment and pretty funny...another one I like :D

sugarshaker
April 4th, 2005, 02:40 PM
snip

2. The time has come to fish or cut bait (as we say here in the south). If TPTB don't let S/J acknowledge the relationship in early S9, they will:
A. Alienate a huge part of the fan base at the same time that RDA's presence decreases and
B. Have missed their prime window of opportunity to capitalize on what they've been building toward for four years. Face it: by the time Troi and Wriker got together in ST: NG, no one cared anymore! It was an afterthought, an excuse for a party in a movie.

snip

The sexual tension between Sam and Jack has never been stronger, and early S9 will be the best chance to resolve it once and for all, so we can be happy. Having him in regular contact with her, whether by phone or appearance, would keep him "alive and part of the SG-1 landscape," as Joe Mallozzi said he would be.

Shippy hugs everyone!! :D

I hope this is how it plays out, but TP's have set a precedent of ending one season shippily (shippily? :) ) and beginning the next with a reset. Remember the shippy ending to Lost City? Our hopes were high for New Order and then. . . Sam and Jack finally find each other alive and it's "Good to see you." "Likewise." Some resolution to "Please, Jack" and putting her hand on the ice! :(

As I recall, season 6 ended fairly shippily too with Metamorphosis and Full Circle, but they didn't carry it over to the beginning of season 7.

There's so much they could do in season 9 to keep the fire burning, but will they? I really, really, (did I say really?) hope so, but I'm not too optimistic. Nothing TP's do would surprise me anymore. I'm considering Threads to be the end and am stocking up on shippy Threads fics. :)

Catysg1
April 4th, 2005, 03:00 PM
A tribute to Moebius Sam and Jack :)

http://www.angelfire.com/magic/le_monde_perdu/SJdesert1.jpg

gatebee
April 4th, 2005, 03:03 PM

HOORAY Sam and Jack are back....thanks Caty....as "always" lovely pics...thanks for sharing

ForeverSg1
April 4th, 2005, 03:23 PM
One of my favorite shippy moments...

http://img155.exs.cx/img155/8910/woo0ry.jpg

Kat

ForeverSg1
April 4th, 2005, 03:25 PM

Oooh I really like this one Caty!!! Great Job!

Kat

Daniel's_twin
April 4th, 2005, 03:57 PM

Wonderful! :cool:

Uber
April 4th, 2005, 04:15 PM
Wow - I just launched it and Eclipse is 49 pages! Wow - I'll print it later and it will be my train reading :-)

BTW - I missed everyone this weekend - hate it when GW is down. Had to read lots of fanfic to make up for it.

And where is everyone this morning????? Dreaming of the ship?

I hope you enjoy it!!!! and be sure to give your feedback on fanfiction.net for me:

As to where everyone is...I'm still stunned I've been able to post 2 messages without gettting an error message!

Hey! I figured out what's going on at GW. They asked Sam to work on the network and she, um, got a little distracted on her way to the servers...

http://www.powerpromoz.com/stargate/distracted.jpg

SamCarterONeill
April 4th, 2005, 04:22 PM
Omg guys, I just saw moeb II and let me just say Yuuussssssssssssss!!!!!!! I LOVED that kiss! it was AWESOME!! It screamed "alleluia!!!!!!!!" with the things exploding in the background and everything! Although the whole "hot" conversation made me cringe. But all in all, WOO HOO!!!! and i have high hopes for S9!

Spimman
April 4th, 2005, 04:47 PM
I thought the "hot" discussion was really funny, but all in all Moebius had some great shipper moments!

UberSG-1Fan, are you having IE errors? If so Private Message me and I might be able to offer some advice :D

Kri
April 4th, 2005, 04:52 PM
:D Helloooooo Shippers! Are we back for a while? I hope so :D

I am sitting here watching the SG-1 Monday night lineup on Sci-Fi. I feel like I am in mourning for what SG-1 has been for the past 8 years. I wish it had been the last season. At least that way, I'd be happy with the Jack/Sam resolutions I have created in my mind. With a practically RDAless season 9, TPTB have a chance to mess that up.

I miss MY Sg-1 already :o

Spimman
April 4th, 2005, 05:03 PM
Even though changes have been made, I still really enjoy watching SG-1 and hope they keep dishing out new episodes...I'm curious how season 9 will turn out, especially for those of us who are Sam/Jack Shippers, but I think SG-1 will be good still! :D

majorsal
April 4th, 2005, 05:07 PM
I would think even though RDA won't be there too much there will still be a relationship implied in many of the episodes...especially after how they left it in season 8.

i'd like that a lot. (understatement)

sally :)

Kim892
April 4th, 2005, 05:15 PM
My silly computer hasn't let me get on to this forum for over three weeks :( now and today I figured I'd give it another try.... :D YAY!! Who knows if i'll be able to get on tomorrow. Have some drawings to show you guys but dad's hogging the scanner at the moment so i'll show you them tomorrow. *crosses fingers she can get on tomorrow*

Just wanted to say hi and that I'm back... for now..lol

Kim

majorsal
April 4th, 2005, 05:42 PM
:D Helloooooo Shippers! Are we back for a while? I hope so :D

I am sitting here watching the SG-1 Monday night lineup on Sci-Fi. I feel like I am in mourning for what SG-1 has been for the past 8 years. I wish it had been the last season. At least that way, I'd be happy with the Jack/Sam resolutions I have created in my mind. With a practically RDAless season 9, TPTB have a chance to mess that up.

I miss MY Sg-1 already :o

I know what you mean about wishing it ended with season 8. BUT, i'm looking at season 9 as a chance to show us the fruits of sam and jack's labors. threads spoilers threads brought sam and jack to the final realization of what and who they want, and that they're ready to finally go somewhere with it. i don't think threads/moebius showed that sam and jack are 'together' together as a couple (sleeping together), but i felt it showed them going in that direction. season 9 should show us the beginnings of their relay, even if most of it is one-sided from sam. it's time to show them in a relationship. they've stepped up to the plate, not hit the blasted ball. :p

sally :)

Spimman
April 4th, 2005, 05:46 PM
If only RDA was going to be in Season 9 full time, the way things were left it would be a no brainer what would happen between them!!! :eek:

Kri
April 4th, 2005, 06:05 PM
I know what you mean about wishing it ended with season 8. BUT, i'm looking at season 9 as a chance to show us the fruits of sam and jack's labors. threads spoilers threads brought sam and jack to the final realization of what and who they want, and that they're ready to finally go somewhere with it. i don't think threads/moebius showed that sam and jack are 'together' together as a couple (sleeping together), but i felt it showed them going in that direction. season 9 should show us the beginnings of their relay, even if most of it is one-sided from sam. it's time to show them in a relationship. they've stepped up to the plate, not hit the blasted ball. :p sally :)

I wish I had your faith. But I think TPTB left the ending as they did for a reason. I think that they didn't want to alienate any particular fan base, so in a sense they think they gave us what we wanted, without Jack and Sam actually being together. That way the opposing fan bases can feel the way they want, and believe that Jack and Sam never did get together. With RDA only being in a scant few eps, I don't know how tptb would be able to actually accomplish the type of appropriate ending that the shippers would like to see.

hallmjo
April 4th, 2005, 06:10 PM
Maybe after a year off RDA will agree to come back if they do a season 10 *Holding onto Hope*

sg-1fanintn
April 4th, 2005, 06:32 PM
If RDA was going to be there all season, I don't think they would have let it get to the point it did in S8. I think the fact that he will only appear sporadically in S9 is the key to finally "setting ship!" (Pardon the pun) TPTB won't have to write around the relationship every week.

As to the issue of being wishy-washy in order to avoid alienating different fan bases, I have a question. I'm still new to the fan forums, but don't you think that we shippers are the largest portion of the fan base? I would think it would be a shippers majority.

Kri
April 4th, 2005, 07:14 PM
If RDA was going to be there all season, I don't think they would have let it get to the point it did in S8. I think the fact that he will only appear sporadically in S9 is the key to finally "setting ship!" (Pardon the pun) TPTB won't have to write around the relationship every week.

As to the issue of being wishy-washy in order to avoid alienating different fan bases, I have a question. I'm still new to the fan forums, but don't you think that we shippers are the largest portion of the fan base? I would think it would be a shippers majority.

Not really. And you can't really judge it by the internet either. After going to a couple of different conventions, everyone is interested in the show for their own personal reasons. There are many different fan bases. Not all like Jack and Sam together, not because of their relationship, but because they like the sci-fi aspect of the show. Many people believe that soaps and sci-fi don't mix, so they would rather not even see it hinted at. I think people would be surprised at how many different things you can find to like about the show (characters and otherwise). The Jack/Sam shippers are just pretty vocal online :D

MajorSam
April 4th, 2005, 07:16 PM
Hey all, just popping in to say

Spacey Awards are up for voting again!! Last year Stargate won for Best Canadian TV Series by I think 60 something % :eek: Keep up the tradition! (And maybe skootch in to get RDA one too! Might encourage him to come back for more, hint hint)

http://www.spacecast.com/spaceys05/viewerschoice.asp

sg-1fanintn
April 4th, 2005, 07:31 PM
Thanks for the explanation, Kri. I understand. I started watching SG-1 because it was an exceptionally good sci-fi show. But I keep watching with anxious anticipation not only because of that, but because I've become attached to the characters over the years.

Here's what I don't understand about those other fans: No matter what type of fiction it is, characters that aren't allowed to grow, change and react to their experiences become one-dimensional caricatures over time. I have seen some comments online about how the "ship" has ruined Sam's character, but I strongly disagree. In everyone's life, no matter how tough and smart and accomplished you are, there's someone who affects you so much that you turn into a blubbering mass of jelly. I actually think Sam has kept her professionalism well, considering the way Jack affects her. And he's a blubbering mass of jelly behind that stony face. In fact, I don't see how either one of them has managed to keep the facade up for so long!

Seeing characters outside of their "normal" mode makes them richer and more appealing. And I think those who think relationships ruin the show are just close-minded! Ok, that's the end of my opinionated rant!

Hex.FTB.enabled
April 4th, 2005, 08:06 PM
I have seen some comments online about how the "ship" has ruined Sam's character, but I strongly disagree. In everyone's life, no matter how tough and smart and accomplished you are, there's someone who affects you so much that you turn into a blubbering mass of jelly. I actually think Sam has kept her professionalism well, considering the way Jack affects her. And he's a blubbering mass of jelly behind that stony face. In fact, I don't see how either one of them has managed to keep the facade up for so long!

Seeing characters outside of their "normal" mode makes them richer and more appealing. And I think those who think relationships ruin the show are just close-minded! Ok, that's the end of my opinionated rant!

Well put. I think it has only enriched the characters over time. Many people likewise thought that Gemini destroyed Sam's character both for the ship and that she was letting RepliCarter control her. To me, those scenes of of RepliCarter showing 5th torturing her to Sam had an almost abused-woman-vibe coming from them. I thought the way Sam handled both counts was both professional and really got you into the character's head. Very 3-D. :)

Relationships enrich the show when done well. The writers didn't go "hey, we have these two characters, lets make them pine over each other to get some fans going!" The chemistry was there for quite awhile and they went with it. Now only if they'd give us a resolution to it.

majorsal
April 4th, 2005, 08:24 PM
I wish I had your faith. But I think TPTB left the ending as they did for a reason. I think that they didn't want to alienate any particular fan base, so in a sense they think they gave us what we wanted, without Jack and Sam actually being together. That way the opposing fan bases can feel the way they want, and believe that Jack and Sam never did get together. With RDA only being in a scant few eps, I don't know how tptb would be able to actually accomplish the type of appropriate ending that the shippers would like to see.

I know what you mean, Kri. If it wasn't for Amanda's latest interview (from the DVD thinger she filmed on the last day of shooting S8), I'd feel more despondent about things. Here's the edited version of what Amanda said regarding S/J ship at the end of S8 and the beginning of S9:

"If this is the end of Stargate, the fans will not be disappointed. If it's not the end, we still have somewhere we can go."

That gives me mucho hope that there's more wonderfulness to come. :D

majorsal
April 4th, 2005, 08:34 PM

I actually don't know if the S/J shippers are the majority. I do know that ship in general is very popular in shows, movies, music, books, real life, etc.

Regarding pleasing fans over the fear of disappointing others... here's a rant of wrote in the pro-s/j thread that fits right here, so I'm going to c/p it over.

girlgater's original post: http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost.php?p=425338&postcount=116

my reply: http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost.php?p=426645&postcount=120

~~~

spoilers for s7's chimera and s8's affinity

Originally Posted by girlgater
I'm very anxious for S9 and I really think that TPTB will give us something--be it a phone call, breif joint appearance between S/J--something. It will have to be tempered (I'm afraid) for the non-shippers in order that it won't upset them too much. I'm not even sure we'll get the honkin' kiss that we've wanted. But, even saying that, I think that it will be made obvious to all the viewers (shipper and non-shipper) that Sam and Jack are together. Frankly, I can't wait for July.

I have a comment to make on the highlighted above sentence, but it's not a rant at you, girlgater.

If S/J ship would be watered down as to not offend the anti shippers... were we given the same privilege with the Sam/Pete scenes in Chimera and the engagement stuff in Affinity? Did they 'worry' about us? How we'd handle seeing something that didn't necessarily offend us but break our hearts? Answer: NOPE.

Sam/Jack isn't some gross couple/concept where the guy is 90 and the girl is barely in her 20s. It's not that they're related in blood, or that they're screwing each other's brains out while they're the cause of ppl dying around them. So why has this simple little couple/concept been treated sometimes like it's some dark secret to only be mentioned behind closed doors? Because we (s/j shippers) have been made to feel that way by not only certain fans, but even some of the ppl making this show. And *everyone* that complains the loudest has their own agendas to not liking it. If it's none of the above 'disreputable' ideas, then it's just personal taste that doesn't make this couple float your boat.

I don't want to hear anymore excuses for them not getting together now. There are NONE. If RDA/Jack's not around, then show/prove they're together in other ways.

I'm sorry for the rant, but it's like we almost have to apologize for being an S/J shipper.

Not this shipper.

rant over.

Sally :)

gatebee
April 4th, 2005, 08:49 PM
Hey all, just popping in to say

Spacey Awards are up for voting again!! Last year Stargate won for Best Canadian TV Series by I think 60 something % :eek: Keep up the tradition! (And maybe skootch in to get RDA one too! Might encourage him to come back for more, hint hint)

http://www.spacecast.com/spaceys05/viewerschoice.asp
thanks for posting the link...just finished voting..I am soo surprise AT was not nominated...voted for RDA of course

MajorSam
April 4th, 2005, 08:54 PM
thanks for posting the link...just finished voting..I am soo surprise AT was not nominated...voted for RDA of course

yeah, so was I... she got nominated last year, and I think the year before as well... :( I think Stargate had quite a few more nominations last year... I don't know, I might be thinking of the wrong awards! Stargate goes up for so many :D

gatebee
April 4th, 2005, 08:58 PM
Well Stargate deserves all of it and so much more. they should have a category for shippy couples....Sam and Jack forever

MajorSam
April 4th, 2005, 09:13 PM
Well Stargate deserves all of it and so much more. they should have a category for shippy couples....Sam and Jack forever

*sigh* Definately no competition there! :p

Uber
April 4th, 2005, 11:17 PM
yeah, so was I... she got nominated last year, and I think the year before as well... :( I think Stargate had quite a few more nominations last year... I don't know, I might be thinking of the wrong awards! Stargate goes up for so many :D
Um...exsqueeze me? Why the frell wasn't AT nominated?!??? (sorry, that's the Farscaper in me peeking out for a moment...)

This is an outrage of the highest level!

Just for their insolence, I'm never going to Canada again.

lord-anubis
April 5th, 2005, 12:18 AM
you know when staragte is near its end i want to see a hole ep of sam and jacks weddeing it would be funny to see things go wrong.

Alaskhah
April 5th, 2005, 12:23 AM
ROFLOL...Yeah, I can just see it...For some reason, Daniel (in keeping with his title as the king of bad timing) doesn't quite make it in time (and I don't know why, but I'm picturing an outdoor wedding - like at Jack's cabin), and he rounds the corner just as they're getting to the "speak now or forever hold your peace" part. :P

lord-anubis
April 5th, 2005, 12:27 AM
i think they would get merryed in the gateroom or offworld that be nice hopefuly the wedding does not come under attack by goua'ld or wairth

florence
April 5th, 2005, 12:35 AM

(((Mary Beth)))

I've read Eclipse yesterday and it's... OMG ! It gets better and better ! :D
I just couldn't put it down before I had finished to read it (I stayed up til 1:30 AM !).
It's totally amazing ! I like the way you twisted this story into something much more complex than what could be supposed in the beginning.
And I LOVED to see Janet again ! :D
I would have liked to see a bit more of Daniel's and Teal'c's reactions to Sam's "return" but everything else is very well done :)

Can't wait for the sequel now !!! :D

Uber
April 5th, 2005, 01:05 AM
(((Mary Beth)))

I've read Eclipse yesterday and it's... OMG ! It gets better and better ! :D
I just couldn't put it down before I had finished to read it (I stayed up til 1:30 AM !).
It's totally amazing ! I like the way you twisted this story into something much more complex than what could be supposed in the beginning.
And I LOVED to see Janet again ! :D
I would have liked to see a bit more of Daniel's and Teal'c's reactions to Sam's "return" but everything else is very well done :)

Can't wait for the sequel now !!! :D
Thank you!

Be sure to repeat everything you just wrote in your review on fanfiction.net... :D Oh, and btw, that "thing" you were wanting to see in "Eclipse" you'll see more of in the conclusion, tentatively titled "The Glimmering Light of Dawn" which will have several very shippy moments plus a shippy moment that doesn't count due to her circumstances (wow, that was incredibly vague)...but I had this really rich idea and just HAVE to play it out...

Man, writing's been a salvation with SG-1 on hold til what, July?!?? Plus, I have to do SOMETHING while the streaming video I'm working on for one of my clients is rendering and uploading!!! (I work out of my home, btw)

florence
April 5th, 2005, 01:53 AM
MB, you sure know how to keep your readers waiting ;)
With the glimpses of what we'll see in the next chapter, waiting will be a lot more difficult ! THAT's a cliffhanger ! :D (as opposed with the 'no-cliffhanger' of S8 ;))