PDA

View Full Version : Sam Carter/Jack O'Neill Ship Appreciation Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57

sueKay
June 14th, 2005, 09:31 AM
lol

I remember that!

There's gotta be a fanfic in that somewhere...

*hint hint people* ;) :P

sueKay
June 14th, 2005, 09:58 AM
Oh! I forgot!

blogetty blog - http://suz-k.blogspot.com

:D

sueKay
June 14th, 2005, 10:26 AM
I've written a lengthy essay on Jack O'Neill if anyone's interested

Contains SPOILERS!
http://s10.invisionfree.com/Intel_Fanfiction/index.php?showtopic=126

:D PLEASE REVIEW! :D

ChevronSeven
June 14th, 2005, 10:36 AM
What do you think is the funniest S/J moment of all time???

I love when Jack appears underneath Sam's magnifying glass and says "Whatcha doin'?" and she smiles at that.

As for RDA/AT, I watched "Rite of Passage" yesterday. The scene where Jack talks to Hammond and says "magnets" - he totally ad-libbed and Amanda laughed so hard because he just kept going and going and going. They used up two rolls of film on his ad-lib. RDA had Amanada and he wasn't stopping. Notice that when the camera is finally back on Amanda, her nose is stuffy because she had been laughing so hard!

sueKay
June 14th, 2005, 10:42 AM
lol yeah...seasons three and four were so funny!

well...I've got 3 minutes left before the library kicks me off the computer, so I'll say ciao for now and hope to visit y'all soon!

(((((((((((((SHIPPER FAMILY))))))))))))))

Lord Zedd
June 14th, 2005, 11:53 AM
lol yeah...seasons three and four were so funny!

well...I've got 3 minutes left before the library kicks me off the computer, so I'll say ciao for now and hope to visit y'all soon!

(((((((((((((SHIPPER FAMILY))))))))))))))
(((sueKay))) bye hope to see you sooooon :D

Lord Zedd
June 14th, 2005, 12:02 PM
I love when Jack appears underneath Sam's magnifying glass and says "Whatcha doin'?" and she smiles at that.

As for RDA/AT, I watched "Rite of Passage" yesterday. The scene where Jack talks to Hammond and says "magnets" - he totally ad-libbed and Amanda laughed so hard because he just kept going and going and going. They used up two rolls of film on his ad-lib. RDA had Amanada and he wasn't stopping. Notice that when the camera is finally back on Amanda, her nose is stuffy because she had been laughing so hard!
I found it extremy funny in Window of Opportunity when he was cranky because of the loop over and over again and than Daniel told him NO consequenses. Jack goes to the controle room because the loop is allmost there and gave Carter a french kiss and than she lays her arm around him. Looks like Amanda enjoyed giving RDA a french kiss :D and General Hammond's face :p :p gold !!! :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Oma-1
June 14th, 2005, 03:40 PM
Y is for YES! Sam's answer to Jack's long-awaited question :D

and also for YES - my computer works again!!!! In the unforgettable words of Col J O'Neill (as he was then) ...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v685/Oma-1/PDVD_005.bmp
I'm Back!

*snuggles into sofa, puts up feet, gets all comfy, very happy sigh*

Oma-1
June 14th, 2005, 04:01 PM
Marion - I didn't forget ;)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v685/Oma-1/lonelystar.png

Hope you had a fantastic day.

And speaking of birthdays, wasn't someone else having a birthday soon .......... :p

sg-1fanintn
June 14th, 2005, 04:09 PM
Hurrah! I get to finish the Jack/Sam Ship Alphabet!

Z is for za'tarc---the issue that first forced Jack and Sam to admit they cared for each other "a lot more than they're supposed to!"

Hello, thread! I lurk here a lot but I don't tend to post that much...you seem like such an old and lovely SJ family! :D Any room for another obsessed UK shipper?

I can't seem to stop watching the wondeful, warm and fuzzy snuggle in Heroes. :) So I came here to assure myself I'm not the only one with the shipper syndrome. *pines for SJ hugs* And I just felt like posting!!! lol.

If there's no mention of Sam and Jack in S9 I think I'm going to die!!

:) ;) :o Welcome, Silver! :) ;) :o

Many of us (including me) were new just a few months ago. Others have been around for a long time. Please return often and post often. You will soon feel comfortable with all the new friends you'll make here. And the good thing: they share your love of Stargate SG-1, and never tire of discussing Sam & Jack and everything else Stargate-oriented with you!

sierragulf_gurl_23
June 14th, 2005, 04:10 PM
the eggheads scene in "Redemption p.2"
Jack: Oh you’re here. I thought you’d be downstairs with the rest of the eggheads…
{Sam looks at him slyly}
Jack: Not than you’re an egghead…Actually, you are, but in a good way… {Smiles weakly}

and the scene in Prometheus in "Unnatural Selection"
Jack: They didn’t go for it.
Sam: The mission?
Jack: No, they said yes to that. Once they realized the whole ”fate of the universe” and stuff, they said we had to go. Hammond says Godspeed and all those other things he says when he thinks we’re about to die.
Sam: What didn’t they go for, then?
Jack: Oh, the name I suggested…
Sam: Sir, we can’t call it the “Enterprise”.
Jack: Why not?
Sam: The code name for the project was “Prometheus”. How about that?
Jack: Who‘d name a ship after a Greek tragedy?
Sam: X-303 it is, then.

I laughed at that a lot

XOXO Laura aka sgg23

sierragulf_gurl_23
June 14th, 2005, 04:13 PM
Welcome Silver!

Uber
June 14th, 2005, 04:26 PM
Marion - I didn't forget ;)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v685/Oma-1/lonelystar.png

Hope you had a fantastic day.

And speaking of birthdays, wasn't someone else having a birthday soon .......... :p
I can't imagine about WHOM you're referring...

I know this might be slightly OT since the focus is on SAM, but I sure hope shippers will also participate in Blue Jello Week...if you want to specifically talk about the thing you like about Sam and Amanda is the ship, that's cool! Just be polite, okay?

My head's going to be the one on the platter.

Uber
June 14th, 2005, 04:29 PM

Dang...I want to see those outtakes...

I mean the scenes with RDA and AT alone would be worth buying the entire series worth of outtakes...

I also want TPTB to release the Director's cut on DVD of different eps...like Threads for instance...I want to see those scenes between Jack and Jacob that have been so heralded here...

Oma-1
June 14th, 2005, 04:34 PM
SSG23 - the Enterprise convo wins my vote too! I laughed at that for DAYS!

Terrah - I loved your Woman video.
http://bestsmileys.com/hugging/4.gif

Oma-1
June 14th, 2005, 04:39 PM
Hurrah! I get to finish the Jack/Sam Ship Alphabet!

Z is for za'tarc---the issue that first forced Jack and Sam to admit they cared for each other "a lot more than they're supposed to!"

Can't BELIEVE I didn't think of that!
*bangs head against wall*
*obviously suffering from withdrawal of shipping*
*yeah - that excuse'll hold :o *

Uber
June 14th, 2005, 04:45 PM
That's what happens when you're ship deprived...

Oma-1
June 14th, 2005, 04:48 PM
Without Sam, there is no Sam & Jack! So in honour of blue jello week ....

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v685/Oma-1/bluejelloco.png

Jello's on me :D Enjoy.

Any UK shipper's seen blue jello anywhere? I'd like to send some to Brad too :p

Cassie
June 14th, 2005, 05:25 PM
Welcome Back Oma!!!

Welcome Silver!!!

I mean the scenes with RDA and AT alone would be worth buying the entire series worth of outtakes...

I also want TPTB to release the Director's cut on DVD of different eps...like Threads for instance...I want to see those scenes between Jack and Jacob that have been so heralded here...

I love hearing about those scenes! Listen to the Menase Commentary Martin Wood (shipper) does that one! He tells us about another AT/RDA going crazy scene :cool:

“See Amanda’s reaction there? For some reason these two were giggling…..They couldn’t stop giggling all the way through this. I finally sent them away…..Rick was making Amanda laugh. Amanda was making Rick laugh, so they got sent to their rooms.”

sg-1fanintn
June 14th, 2005, 05:42 PM

Amen!!!!!

I was so excited when I realized it was time for the letter "Z"! It was also exciting to see you return to the thread, Oma-1. We missed you!

That's what happens when you're ship deprived...

And no one is more ship-deprived than we are, right?

LOL4JACK
June 14th, 2005, 05:48 PM
I think the funniest S/J moment is...

it's gotta be either Broca Divide or Window of Opportunity...

any other nominations??
There are two other moments that I love:

1.- Gemini, at the begining when Jack gets closer to Sam to look into the monitor and she feels very, very self conscious, eyes look here, eyes look there...!!!!

2.- Also in Politics:

CARTER: "Alright, when you were in this alternate reality, were there differences?"

JACKSON: "Yes, ah, Teal'c was leading the attack on Earth, I wasn't even part of the program, you and Jack were engaged to be married." This gets their attention.

O'NEILL: "Excuse me?"

CARTER: "What? Okay, ah, even if you did, actually experience this alternate reality, doesn't the very fact, that there were differences mean that we won't face the same fate?"

JACKSON: "Yes, but the defining event, the death of RA, took place in both worlds.

TEAL'C: "An attack of retubution."

JACKSON: "Yes! And the same thing is going to happen here, unless we don't stop it."

O'NEILL: "Alright, wait a minute, let me get something straight. Engaged?"

CARTER: "It is theoretically possible."

O'NEILL: "It's against regulations."

Uber
June 14th, 2005, 07:04 PM
OKAY! Here's the information regarding Blue Jello week...

++++++++++++++++

BLUE JELLO WEEK

CELEBRATING AMANDA TAPPING AND
SAMANTHA CARTER

The time has come!

Hopefully, by now you have already taken care of Steps 1-3 as listed below…

1. Buy blue jello (as many sealed boxes as you want) – or get a picture of blue jello for your letter
2. Write a fan letter expressing your appreciation of AT/Sam to TPTB (try to keep it short and definitely be polite!)
3. Get ready to mail it in this week (target mail in dates are between June 15 and June 18)

And now for Step 4:

4. When the target PTB's name and contact info is posted, MAIL IT OUT!

The PRIMARY PTB target is…(drumroll please) BRAD WRIGHT!!!!!

Here’s the contact information for Brad Wright at The Bridge Studios:

The Bridge Studios
2400 Boundary Road
Burnaby, BC
V5M 3Z3
Canada
Attention: Brad Wright

Now if you’re so inclined, you may proceed with the SECONDARY targets: Robert C. Cooper and N. John Smith…or ANY PTB for that matter…just make sure that you’ve sent something to Brad Wright, as he is the PRIMARY target. Or didn’t I say that already?

++++++++++++++++

And here's the PDF for you to print out if you'd like:

http://www.powerpromoz.com/stargate/bluejelloweek.pdf

sclairef99
June 14th, 2005, 07:51 PM

++++++++++++++++

BLUE JELLO WEEK

SAMANTHA CARTER

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v496/sclairef99/ShipperBlue.gif

I'm sending one!!!

S

Buc252
June 14th, 2005, 07:56 PM

However do you know this?? It sounds like so much fun! I wanna see it! <pout>

Is it "out there" anywhere? Pleeeeeeze?

majorsal
June 14th, 2005, 07:59 PM
Y is for YES! Sam's answer to Jack's long-awaited question :D

this one's my favorite, and the one i hope (PRAY) for for season 9 (or 10)! :D

sally :D

nell
June 14th, 2005, 08:42 PM

++++++++++++++++

BLUE JELLO WEEK

SAMANTHA CARTER

http://www.powerpromoz.com/stargate/bluejelloweek.pdf

This is a terrific idea!!! :D I'm in!!! Is there a Jack/RDA appreciation day? :cool: What do we send for him? Doohickeys?? :D :D :D

Uber
June 14th, 2005, 09:25 PM
This is a terrific idea!!! :D I'm in!!! Is there a Jack/RDA appreciation day? :cool: What do we send for him? Doohickeys?? :D :D :D
Well we can appreciate him from afar... :D

But the point of this little venture is to show that the remaining part of the Sam/Jack ship is valued by many people from across the globe...

So get your blue jello and/or letters out the door tomorrow! Or the next day! Or the day after that!

gatebee
June 14th, 2005, 09:59 PM
Hi all :)
Just finished uploading my SJ Vid, Woman by John Lennon. (http://members.lycos.co.uk/terrah/)
All comments welcome, good and bad, sorry about some of the S8 clips.

Terrah ..... thank you ...that was awesome .... I was smiling from ear to ear while listening to your vid. Thank you , thank you , thank you ..... BRILLIANT

Lord Zedd
June 15th, 2005, 03:22 AM
cool video Terrah :D ;) well done !! I have a question Has everybody else problems with photobucket??? :confused: my signature is gone and every picture on my forum is gone too :( At SI same thing too :(

We have blue jello :eek:

Uber
June 15th, 2005, 03:50 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v496/sclairef99/ShipperBlue.gif

I'm sending one!!!

S
Excellent! I hope you all do!

Now if you're just sending out one box and a letter or are just sending a letter, then keep in mind BRAD WRIGHT is the target. If you're like me and many others who have multiple boxes, then split it up among three targets...

Oh, I had to share this with you all. While posting instructions for Blue Jello Week on the AT forum, I found someone's signature over there to be funny:

Carter to O'Neill on her radio: "Romeozulu, this is Julietbravo, wherefore art thou, over?"

:D :D :D

Happy Blue Jello Week!

Caro
June 15th, 2005, 03:51 AM
Your video is great Terrah, now I'll be stuck with that stupid grin on my face for the rest of the day, thanks :p

nell
June 15th, 2005, 06:33 AM
Re: Ask Joe Mallozzi - Spoilers for SG-1 (S8, S9) and SGA (S1, S2)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red_Rabbit
First off I would like to thank you for taking time out of your day to talk with us. With that done I have two questions that might be looking to far ahead but I was still wondering if you had any idead on either of them.

1) Are you planning story arcs that could carry into 1 or even 2 more seasons?

2) Like Michael Shanks, do you think that if there were to be a season 10 RDA might want to come back to a full time role?

1) Hopefully the elements we're introducing in this 9th season will arc over several more seasons.

2) I would say...no.

Today, 02:07 AM

It is waaayyy too early in the day for me to see this. Besides the obvious, what the heck is this supposed to mean for our Sam and Jack in Season 9? :S :( :S :( I worry that if RDA gets too comfortable away from the grind of the series making and the loonngg commute, he will not want to come back. Can't say that I would blame him from his perspective. But, there is plenty of blame to go around for dragging the S&J non-relationship relationship for so long.

Grrrrr! :mad: Anger management skills kick in....1..2..3..4..5..6..7..8..9..10. Ahhhh! Deep, cleansing breaths!! :p

TPTP keep tickling us with bits here and there and now.......WARNING.... :eek: RELAPSE.... :S :mad:

1..2..3..4..5..5..5...Owwwww!! FCOL! Let's try DENIAL. Yep, DENIAL. :D Let's watch shippy scenes and read shippy stories. :p :p Mmmmmm! :p Waves of calm are sweeping over me! :rolleyes:

florence
June 15th, 2005, 06:44 AM
Stay calm nell :)
RDA not wanting to come back full time doesn't mean he won't come back at all. If he comes back for a few episodes (even if it's not enough for me :( ), there's still hope for SJ ship (at least, if Sam is in these episodes :rolleyes: )

So let's cross our fingers and just wait a little more ;) :)

LOL4JACK
June 15th, 2005, 06:47 AM
RDA not wanting to come back full time doesn't mean he won't come back at all. If he comes back for a few episodes (even if it's not enough for me :( ), there's still hope for SJ ship (at least, if Sam is in these episodes :rolleyes: )

(((((((((((((Nell))))))))))))))

Nell don't worry, RDA is not a season regular this year and he still came for a couple of episodes and he will come back at the end of the season for his wedding with Sam :D

florence
June 15th, 2005, 06:56 AM

The one coming to mind right now is the end of Broca Divide when Jack makes the "sweet little tank top" comment :)

nell
June 15th, 2005, 07:16 AM

Thanks, Florence, I knew you guys could help me pull through this! ;) I'm staying away from JM's thread!!! Nice shippy thoughts, nice shippy thoughts!! :p :D :p :D

florence
June 15th, 2005, 07:19 AM
Thanks, Florence, I knew you guys could help me pull through this! ;) I'm staying away from JM's thread!!! Nice shippy thoughts, nice shippy thoughts!! :p :D :p :D

You're welcome nell :)
Do you want me to lend you my rose-tainted glasses ? :D

nell
June 15th, 2005, 07:19 AM

Nell don't worry, RDA is not a season regular this year and he still came for a couple of episodes and he will come back at the end of the season for his wedding with Sam :D

Thanks, LOL4JACK!! :) Yes,of course, The Wedding!! :p :p More nice shippy thoughts!!! :D :p :D :p

nell
June 15th, 2005, 07:21 AM
You're welcome nell :)
Do you want me to lend you my rose-tainted glasses ? :D

Yep! Do you have a magic wand, too? :D :D :rolleyes:

florence
June 15th, 2005, 07:30 AM
Yep! Do you have a magic wand, too? :D :D :rolleyes:

I wish :rolleyes:

Instead, here's something to help you ;)
http://www.randi.org/images/RoseGlasses.jpg

nell
June 15th, 2005, 07:42 AM

Thanks, again! It does help! And now I'm off to work. Have a good, um, day or evening for you now!! Are you in France right now?! Cool! ;) Later. :) ;)

Lord Zedd
June 15th, 2005, 07:50 AM
The one coming to mind right now is the end of Broca Divide when Jack makes the "sweet little tank top" comment :)
hehehe I remember that. Those were the days :p ahh I miss RDA. You really get the impression that he's gone especially since New Order (season 8). :(

To Twiggy: thanks for joining our forum :p We hope you like it there. Others are welcome to join too !! :p

florence
June 15th, 2005, 07:54 AM
Thanks, again! It does help! And now I'm off to work. Have a good, um, day or evening for you now!! Are you in France right now?! Cool! ;) Later. :) ;)

Yes I'm in France and it's 4:45 PM here. But I'm not at work since I'm on sick leave (I go back to work tomorrow though, even if I don't feel a lot better :( )

Lord Zedd
June 15th, 2005, 07:57 AM
Yes I'm in France and it's 4:45 PM here. But I'm not at work since I'm on sick leave (I go back to work tomorrow though, even if I don't feel a lot better :( )
(((( florence))) I'm sorry you don't feel good florence If it can be a comfort I don't feel very well myself and I have to study for my exames :( :(

Lord Zedd
June 15th, 2005, 08:31 AM

Hey can I have one with green glasses :D :p

florence
June 15th, 2005, 09:40 AM
(((( florence))) I'm sorry you don't feel good florence If it can be a comfort I don't feel very well myself and I have to study for my exames :( :(

Thanks for your support _Anubis :)
This place really helps me to feel better... well, this place and the Shep Thunk thread too but that's another story :p :D
Good luck for your exams ! Just remember that after exams, it will be... holidays ! :D
And what comes in exactly one month ? ... New season of SG1 and SGA ! :D

gatebee
June 15th, 2005, 11:18 AM
sorry to hear that you are not feeling that great. Hope this cheers you up a bit
pic fr stargate1971 ....too big
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v205/FilBrit1/89dfc8bc.jpg
Sam: Jack, Florence is not feeling that great. She is off work today.
Jack: Maybe if we kiss, it will make her feel better.
pic fr stargate1971 .... drats too big as well
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v205/FilBrit1/4a14df49.jpg

florence
June 15th, 2005, 11:32 AM
(((((gatebee)))))

Thanks ! It really makes me feel better :)

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y41/shippy_flo/SamJack/18.jpg
"Come on Jack, I know you're not ill, it's just an excuse for me to kiss you" :D

Rogue
June 15th, 2005, 12:07 PM
(((((gatebee)))))

"Come on Jack, I know you're not ill, it's just an excuse for me to kiss you" :D

or

Sam: Geez Jack, it was only a kiss. Whats going to happen when we actually ....

HOPE YOU FEEL BETTER FLORENCE!

AncientKnowledge
June 15th, 2005, 12:31 PM
hehehe I remember that. Those were the days :p ahh I miss RDA. You really get the impression that he's gone especially since New Order (season 8). :(

To Twiggy: thanks for joining our forum :p We hope you like it there. Others are welcome to join too !! :p

*tear* :( Yeah we will all MISS RDA! :( :( :( But I have hope that TPTB will make this THE SEASON that Sam and Jack finally HOOK UP! :) Lets hope and wish and PRAY! :cool:

Watters87
June 15th, 2005, 12:44 PM
Just after reading Joe's Blog
http://www.gateworld.net/blogs/jmallozzi/index.shtml
On his recent entry he says there is going to be an episode entitled 'Grace under Pressure' written by Martin Gero. I don't know if it is a SG-1 or an Atlantis script but Joe says it should 'Sound Familiar' and it's intentional. It might be a Carter episode if it is a SG-1 episode and maybe have some Sam/Jack ship in it.:)

nell
June 15th, 2005, 01:07 PM
Good Vibes to Florence to feel better and to Anubis with exams!! :D

Thanks, Watters87, for the heads up about Joe's blog.

Grace Under Pressure? Mmmmm!? Season 9 speculation This has to be related to Season 7 Grace?! Is Sam gonna bump her head again and dream she's kissing Jack? :eek: I gotta/wanna (choose one) believe that this may give us some shippy scenes? :D Back to work! :)

Grace O'Neill
June 15th, 2005, 01:19 PM
[COLOR=Magenta]

Grace Under Pressure? Mmmmm!? Season 9 speculation This has to be related to Season 7 Grace?! Is Sam gonna bump her head again and dream she's kissing Jack? :eek: I gotta/wanna (choose one) believe that this may give us some shippy scenes? :D Back to work! :)

Grace Under Pressure... Hmmm... I AM under a lot of pressure at work this week... Get it? My login name is Grace... I am under pressure at work... :S :S JUST KIDDING :)

Anyway, just dropping in to say HELLO. Haven't been posting for a while.. RL is busy... under so much pressure ;)

To relief some of the pressure, I walked into a meeting this morning and greeted everyone with "Good morning, campers." :D :D :D People laughed, but still looked confused. No one had any idea what I was referring to, which made me laugh even more... :)

Critter
June 15th, 2005, 01:45 PM
On his recent entry he says there is going to be an episode entitled 'Grace under Pressure' written by Martin Gero. I don't know if it is a SG-1 or an Atlantis script but Joe says it should 'Sound Familiar' and it's intentional. It might be a Carter episode if it is a SG-1 episode and maybe have some Sam/Jack ship in it.:)
We can only hope.......again and still...hope never dies and neither does our conviction that these two belong together forever!!!!!! :D

Critter
June 15th, 2005, 01:48 PM
(((((gatebee)))))

or

LOL you two....either way....wonderful picture!!!!!! ;) :D

AncientKnowledge
June 15th, 2005, 01:51 PM

WHOO HOO! Can't wait!!!! :D

sg-1fanintn
June 15th, 2005, 02:25 PM
I wish I could stay and read, but that will have to wait until I get home from work. I just wanted to pop in for a moment to post something I thought you would enjoy seeing. My ISP had this on their web page earlier this week:

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y128/newsgoddess/comcaststargate2.jpg

Catysg1
June 15th, 2005, 02:27 PM

Hello shippers :)

I'm only passing through but ....

....That's sounds a little bit PROMISING as long as it involves Sam , Jack and Grace ( the little one whoever she was ) .I wonder if it is Grace who is under pressure or Sam and Jack !!! :D May be Grace will turn up again to help Sam but this time she may be real instead of in her head ....and may be under pressure to get Sam and Jack married or get them closer together specially if distance matters .

Caty :)

AncientKnowledge
June 15th, 2005, 02:32 PM

....That's sounds a little bit PROMISING as long as it involves Sam , Jack and Grace ( the little one whoever she was ) .I wonder if it is Grace who is under pressure or Sam and Jack !!! :D May be Grace will turn up again to help Sam but this time she may be real instead of in her head ....and may be under pressure to get Sam and Jack married or get them closer together specially if distance matters .

Sounds GREAT! :D

florence
June 15th, 2005, 02:38 PM

Hi Caty :)
You know, I may have my rose-colored glasses but even with them, it looks like a little too much to expect from these kind of spoilers :rolleyes:
Everyone does as he/she wants but as far as I'm concerned, I won't get my hopes too high for this S9 before I'll have a look at the first episodes :)

Catysg1
June 15th, 2005, 03:01 PM
oh, caty, honey, the ship ain't over by a loooong shot! as amanda said, regarding s/j: "If this (season 8) is the end of Stargate, the fans will not be disappointed. If it's not the end, we still have somewhere we can go."

there's more to come! :D

Thank you Sally but I'm not interested in off screen ship . I think it's lame
I'll still watch season 10 just like any other other series I watch but nothing else ( not Stargate purchase from me ).
I stopped making videos because the on screen ship is over ...and I got really fed up . It does not mean the ship is dead , it's not, I'm sure about it that Sam and Jack are an item but we won't see it and TPTB will not make a big deal of it at all .They have some new babies to look after in season 10 and this is where the story will go . If we get a Carter episode like the one mentionned earlier "Grace under pressure" ( although it sounds good ...it sounds too good to be true :S , I reckon it could be emotional specially if Grace is back but it does not mean that Jack/RDA will have a cameo in there too . I hope he will but to be honest even seeing him in a cameo of 10 seconds kissing Sam won't really interest me . What I like to see in a ship is the progression , the body language of the characters when they interfere with each other ..ect...and mostly I like to see all those things inside a good storyline .

Stargate has never been a romance driven show and It looks like TPTB is taking the opportunity to move on and have the Sam and Jack ship in the background like it has never been before . so I take it as the Sam and Jack ship will be off screen and I will concentrate more on the stories . Hopefully they'll be great :)

Caty:)

Catysg1
June 15th, 2005, 03:12 PM
Hi Caty :)
You know, I may have my rose-colored glasses but even with them, it looks like a little too much to expect from these kind of spoilers :rolleyes:
Everyone does as he/she wants but as far as I'm concerned, I won't get my hopes too high for this S9 before I'll have a look at the first episodes :)

florence :) Don't worry about it .I have no hope at all for the Sam and Jack ship ON SCREEN for season 10 ..I was only being nice and wanted to post something a little positive after Jo's mention of the episode in question ... but in reality I have forgotten about the Sam and Jack ship those last few weeks and although it's not dead and well alive .... it won't be on screen ... I know now what to expect and I 'll go along with it .I don't think seeing RDA/Jack in the last episode for a cameo ( like 10 seconds) will be good enough anyway just because of the lack of continuity and to me it's a lazy way to conclude a ship .

If TPTB wants RDA to come back , they should ask him to at least do the 3 last episodes so that there is a progression somewhere . I understand RDA to want some free time and spend it with his daughter but if season 10 is the last ( I hope it is ) then I also really hope that RDA will come back full time for the last 3 episodes at least ...to actually make one of the best ending ever in the sci-fi history ...REGARDING SHIP .

if he is not coming back , it will be the worst ending sci-fi show ever regarding ship and action together because RDA was the soul of the show aand not having him for a proper ending will be extremely bad for Merchandising I think :eek:

For the action I'm pretty sure Stargate will be on top if they close the plotholes .

ses110
June 15th, 2005, 05:05 PM
Caty I agree on all points.Off screen Ship means nothing to me as well as seeing Jack for 10 seconds. Grace under pressure sounds interesting but if there's no Jack and Sam is just dreaming again about Grace it means nothing to me.I enjoyed Grace but I do not want to see a repeat of the Grace episode.Sam can tell Grace how much see Loves Jack but does it really give the Shippers anything new?I will watch for spoilers for this episode but I'am keeping my Hopes in check.

Oma-1
June 15th, 2005, 05:16 PM
"Come on Jack, I know you're not ill, it's just an excuse for me to kiss you"

or

Sure made my day! http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/36/36_12_6.gif

Oma-1
June 15th, 2005, 05:27 PM
S9 spoiler... Grace Under Pressure sounds intriguing to me. I agree it sounds like a Sam ep - especially considering JM's comments. I'm even more intrigued now by who the guest is - Jack (probably not, but I can't help but hope :p), Hammond, Jacob, Janet, Grace?????? It could conceivably be any of them, and each would put a completely different slant on the focus of the ep. My real(istic?) hope is that the ep puts right the incorrect assumptions Sam made from her convo with Jack in Grace. (I think I'm wearing those shippy glasses Florence! :p)

The only obvious thing to me is that Sam is going to be under the microscope - and I'm gonna be glued to Gateworld for spoilers!!!

SueS
June 15th, 2005, 06:25 PM
S9 spoiler... Grace Under Pressure sounds intriguing to me. ...

Regarding Grace Under Pressure, I believe it is an Atlantis crossover ep.

http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost.php?p=4296937&postcount=1300

If that's the case then I'm guessing Sam crosses over to Atlantis - perhaps in one of Rodney's dreams/fantasies.

SueS

sg-1fanintn
June 15th, 2005, 06:29 PM

So sorry you're sick, and doubly sorry that you have to return to work before you're well! I thought America was the only place where they expected you to come to work when you're sick. I thought Europe was more progressive.

Oh, I had to share this with you all. While posting instructions for Blue Jello Week on the AT forum, I found someone's signature over there to be funny:

Carter to O'Neill on her radio: "Romeozulu, this is Julietbravo, wherefore art thou, over?"

:D :p :) Very Funny! :D :p :)

Now, that's what I call positive thinking (or shipping)!

You must all remember that it's easier to stay calm when you stay away from JM's thread. I learned that lesson the hard way. You don't really learn much there anyway. It's usually innuendo (except for Oma-1 and Uber's recent questions). Now, please permit me a little tongue in cheek supposition. With our luck, the plot for Grace Under Pressure will probably go like this:
Sam is on her way to Washington to pay Jack a surprise visit. She has all sorts of trouble at the airport, then bumps her head on the overhead compartment while getting off the plane at Dulles and loses her memory. She wanders aimlessly around the airport for the entire weekend, finally recovering her memory Sunday evening, just before her flight is called. In disgust, she boards the plane for Colorado and never gets to see Jack. Ha!

Just kidding!

ses110
June 15th, 2005, 06:30 PM
SueS you just gave me a Nightmare.I was hoping this episode was one Season 9 episode I could watch.I should have know better.

gatebee
June 15th, 2005, 06:33 PM
or

Jack: Wow, Sam, if I had known it was going to be like that, I would have done it earlier.
Sam: Jack, maybe it was good we did it only now. Stargate SG1 might not have lasted as long as it has.

majorsal
June 15th, 2005, 06:46 PM

i love it!! :D

majorsal
June 15th, 2005, 06:51 PM
Today, 02:07 AM

It is waaayyy too early in the day for me to see this. Besides the obvious, what the heck is this supposed to mean for our Sam and Jack in Season 9? :S :( :S :( I worry that if RDA gets too comfortable away from the grind of the series making and the loonngg commute, he will not want to come back. Can't say that I would blame him from his perspective. But, there is plenty of blame to go around for dragging the S&J non-relationship relationship for so long.

Grrrrr! :mad: Anger management skills kick in....1..2..3..4..5..6..7..8..9..10. Ahhhh! Deep, cleansing breaths!! :p

TPTP keep tickling us with bits here and there and now.......WARNING.... :eek: RELAPSE.... :S :mad:

1..2..3..4..5..5..5...Owwwww!! FCOL! Let's try DENIAL. Yep, DENIAL. :D Let's watch shippy scenes and read shippy stories. :p :p Mmmmmm! :p Waves of calm are sweeping over me! :rolleyes:

(((nell)))

here's joe's question and answer again:

(skipping q and a 1)

2) Like Michael Shanks, do you think that if there were to be a season 10 RDA might want to come back to a full time role?

(joe)
2) I would say...no.

the question was whether rda would come back full-time, not whether he'd come back at all. SO, that still leaves us with the possibility of rda coming back (for some juicy ship related bits)! :D

LOL4JACK
June 15th, 2005, 07:14 PM
Hi Shippers....

I saw this question at the Ask Joe's thread... I loved how it was asked :D

Here's a question that's probably been asked a dozen times.... Are Sam and Jack EVER gonna get together? No specifics, just a bit of reassuring needed. You can tell us. We'll still keep watching ya know.
A tiny hint. That's all we need. Pleeeeeeease *Pulls sweet innocent adorable face*. Pretty please. :p

Any silence will be considered an affirmative! :D

So I guess no answer is a good answer :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Token
June 15th, 2005, 07:23 PM
Hello, Shipper Family!!! http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/36/36_1_39.gif (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZSzfw003)

A BIG http://bestsmileys.com/welcome/8.gif to the newest members of the Shipper Family!!

Hi guys! Miss talking, buthave been very busy. I think I found something real interesting in Divide and Conquer! I saw it this mornining and even my twelve year old daughter saw it, so everyone who has the DVD and a player with slow down mode please check it out! Tell me that I'm nuts! I think our ship came in years ago and we missed it (mybe I just missed it)! In the scene when Jack and Sam are being retested and the moment she tells him to go and he yells no--there is a moment when they are looking into each others eyes real close--slow down that portion of the show and look at RDA's mouth and see if you can read what he is saying! It's not heavy breathing! If everyone else knows what I'm talking about ignore my ignorance but if you didn't see it, run don't walk to the nearest DVD player. Let me know if I'm crazy!
I know this is a ways back, but RL has been interrupting my shipping! :eek: And it took me awhile to create it. Everyone can decide for themselves. I made my decision, and I'm a happy camper!! Thanks, trupi!! ;) Enjoy!! :D

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v334/Token04/DCJack200.gif

LadyJeep
June 15th, 2005, 07:30 PM

I agree with florence. Not coming back fulltime doesn't mean he won't be back for the wedding ep in season 10 or the birth of the children in season 12 or 13. And don't worry, they're scifi children. ;) They have naquadah enhanced ancient genes! :D :D

LOL4JACK
June 15th, 2005, 07:31 PM
Hello, Shipper Family!!! http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/36/36_1_39.gif (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZSzfw003)

A BIG http://bestsmileys.com/welcome/8.gif to the newest members of the Shipper Family!!

I know this is a ways back, but RL has been interrupting my shipping! :eek: And it took me awhile to create it. Everyone can decide for themselves. I made my decision, and I'm a happy camper!! Thanks, trupi!! ;) Enjoy!! :D

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v334/Token04/DCJack200.gif
If he didn't say it he was definitly thinking it....

I can see it in his lips :D

((((((((((Token))))))))))

majorsal
June 15th, 2005, 07:35 PM

i thought that too (and hope for). :D

LOL4JACK
June 15th, 2005, 07:43 PM
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

One Month to S9

And 1 month and 1 day until Harry Potter....

majorsal
June 15th, 2005, 07:51 PM
and to me it's a lazy way to conclude a ship .

ooh, that hit home. and we don't even need the rest of that sentence, or to know in what context it's being used... it fits around a lot of it.

sally :)

nell
June 15th, 2005, 08:00 PM
Hi Gals,
Just got home after a looonnnggg day. I didn't have time to "dwell" on Joe's latest remark that got me cranked up this a.m.

I have read through everyone's comments. You all make lots of sense. I think there is some hope of something shippy. But, I am no longer reading Joe's thread or blog. If someone posts that's OK but I won't go looking myself. I believe that TPTB will give us something although how much is anybody's guess. Season 8 Quite frankly, I was surprised at how much ship there was in Threads and the Moebius sequels. I believe that because the writers are men, they think differently about romance. And, thus, they may really think they are giving alot of ship. Ha!!!

sg-1fanintn
June 15th, 2005, 08:00 PM

Love it! Love it! Love it!

One Month to S9

Yes....I was just thinking that the issue of the new Harry Potter book would slow my demand for fanfic for a week or so!

dannyluver
June 15th, 2005, 08:33 PM
Love it! Love it! Love it!

Yes....I was just thinking that the issue of the new Harry Potter book would slow my demand for fanfic for a week or so!

not to get too off topic, but i also await the new hp book...but that's beside the point...*chanting* season nine...season nine...season nine! haha...also a little joke for those of you who have seen the gateworld behind the scenes tapes of gatecan 2004...haha...gary jones rocks my world...and that caption just made my day...wonderful...it's a good thing my friends enjoy the ship...

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah! *sniff sniff* bye, rda!! hello, ben browder! that makes me so sad...

crazed shippiness

florence
June 16th, 2005, 12:21 AM
So sorry you're sick, and doubly sorry that you have to return to work before you're well! I thought America was the only place where they expected you to come to work when you're sick. I thought Europe was more progressive.
Thanks everyone who supported me with green jello or 'get weel soon' posts. You guys made me feel better ! :)
Yes, I'm back at work, not feeling a lot better : I don't have fever anymore but my throat is still sore and I'm still coughing... It will be a loooong day :(
I probably could have stayed at home a bit longer but I have work to do so here I am...

Rogue, gatebee, your captions to the pic I've posted were excellent ! :D

florence
June 16th, 2005, 12:23 AM

One Month to S9

And less than 1 month until my birthday... :D

Uber
June 16th, 2005, 12:45 AM
Just a NOT-SO-GENTLE reminder for everyone to send in their Blue Jello submissions!!! Here are the instructions in case you've misplaced them: http://www.powerpromoz.com/stargate/bluejelloweek.pdf

...and email me and let me know that you have! Just send me a quick note... it'll only take a few seconds. Really. Hey! I'll even write the note for you...just copy and paste and type your screen name!

Ready? Here it is!

Mary Beth...just wanted to shoot you this quick note to let you know that I participated in Blue Jello Week!

Signed ..... of the GW Forum

Now send that message to me: [email protected]

See? Simple! NOW DO IT!

Sheyna-Lou
June 16th, 2005, 03:46 AM
Hey, I'm new here (I have no idea why I've never posted here before cos I've been a Sam-JAck shipper since the first episode of Stargate).
Figured I'd post now cos I 'd be revisin' for history exam otherwise, and what better way to procrastinate than to talk about Sam and Jack.

I seem to have become ship obsessed. Even the Sam posters and Jack posters in my room are next to each other. Hehehe. :p :D

Shéyna

Silver
June 16th, 2005, 04:31 AM
if he is not coming back , it will be the worst ending sci-fi show ever regarding ship and action together because RDA was the soul of the show aand not having him for a proper ending will be extremely bad for Merchandising I think :eek:

That is so well said!

Having just read his recent posts, I really do think Joe is heartless. He said that he'd say to RDA fans that "you'll love the new guy". Damn it, I know we haven't seen Mitchell in action yet, but no character could EVER replace Jack O'Neill. Never ever!

And then he goes and says that he's sure shippers felt they got a "decisive victory" at the end of season 8 -- that TPTB wrapped up loose ends because of Rick's departure. Well, here's news: the ship wasn't resolved!

Of course, I have utter respect for Joe and appreciate him for answering questions. :D But I do feel now that TPTB think the fans want romance for the sake of romance (hence the AU kiss in Moebius)... when what we really want is a final OUR-Sam-and-Jack-togetherness!! How hard can it be? :(

Thanks for your welcomes, btw! :)

sg-1fanintn
June 16th, 2005, 06:15 AM
Ok.....it's a little OT.....but I thought you'd want to see this. I just found what I think is the first published photo of TPTB's new ship, and it's what we expected:

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y128/newsgoddess/902-04.jpg

I found it on one of the German sites. The link is off this thread:
http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?p=4303089#post4303089

He (JM) said that he'd say to RDA fans that "you'll love the new guy". Damn it, I know we haven't seen Mitchell in action yet, but no character could EVER replace Jack O'Neill. Never ever!

And then he goes and says that he's sure shippers felt they got a "decisive victory" at the end of season 8 -- that TPTB wrapped up loose ends because of Rick's departure. Well, here's news: the ship wasn't resolved!

Of course, I have utter respect for Joe and appreciate him for answering questions. :D But I do feel now that TPTB think the fans want romance for the sake of romance (hence the AU kiss in Moebius)... when what we really want is a final OUR-Sam-and-Jack-togetherness!! How hard can it be? :(

You are so right, Silver!

They can show kisses all day, but if it's AU, alien-influenced or anything except OUR Sam & Jack, it's NOT REALLY OUR SHIP!!!!! What we want (and what the characters deserve) is a real resolution for OUR Sam & Jack.

It's not so hard (see my sig below)!!!

blueiris
June 16th, 2005, 06:26 AM
How about resolving the old ship?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v341/Mala50/Sam%20Jack/brocablue.jpg
one of Mala's 'it-says-it-all' pics

sg-1fanintn
June 16th, 2005, 06:37 AM
How about resolving the old ship?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v341/Mala50/Sam%20Jack/brocablue.jpg
one of Mala's 'it-says-it-all' pics

That would be my choice!

sugarshaker
June 16th, 2005, 06:40 AM
And then he goes and says that he's sure shippers felt they got a "decisive victory" at the end of season 8.

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: !!! I'm going to have to get caught up. :S

sueKay
June 16th, 2005, 07:19 AM
Aloha!

Well...Here's my advice on dealing with JM's cross-talk

1. Avoid reading it
2. If you accidentally read what he's said...just think to yourself 'He's just a glorified fic writer who gets paid'
3. remind yourself that all fic writers get distracted and don't finish stories
4. Do what any good fic writer would do...go and fill in the blanks for yourself!

sueKay
June 16th, 2005, 07:24 AM
Heya!

I'm currently stuck on a wonky library computer trying to do several things
1. Post here
2. Post my Sam essay to Intel Fiction
3. Update one of my fanfics
4. Update my webby
5. Upload stuff to my photobucket account.

Well...one out of five ain't bad!

THANK YOU FOR ALL THE JELLO!!!!!!!!!!!

Now...can I ask...

blue jello week??? (is confuzzled and can't get to Uber's webby)

Lord Zedd
June 16th, 2005, 07:25 AM
Ok.....it's a little OT.....but I thought you'd want to see this. I just found what I think is the first published photo of TPTB's new ship, and it's what we expected:

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y128/newsgoddess/902-04.jpg

I found it on one of the German sites. The link is off this thread:
http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?p=4303089#post4303089

You are so right, Silver!

They can show kisses all day, but if it's AU, alien-influenced or anything except OUR Sam & Jack, it's NOT REALLY OUR SHIP!!!!! What we want (and what the characters deserve) is a real resolution for OUR Sam & Jack.

It's not so hard (see my sig below)!!!

You are so right !!! Oke pengiuns attack formation !!! go attack JM !! :D Write a PM to JM !! and say it. Perhaps we can start a list again and we give that link to JM in a PM and say look JM this is what you are doing to us !!

Lord Zedd
June 16th, 2005, 07:31 AM
or

Sam: Geez Jack, it was only a kiss. Whats going to happen ....

on our honeymoon when we make passionate,steamy,hot love to each other where our bodies combine like in Antartica:D :D :D Hey Jack what you say we get some ice and play :p

florence
June 16th, 2005, 07:38 AM
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y41/shippy_flo/SamJack/12.jpg
"Antarctica for our honeymoon ? You know Sam, that's not really what I had in mind when I said we should find a place where Daniel couldn't find us" :D

Silver
June 16th, 2005, 08:01 AM
Aloha!

4. Do what any good fic writer would do...go and fill in the blanks for yourself!

Yeah, I guess that is the plus side of unresolved ship--lots and lots of fanfic opportunities. :)

Silver
June 16th, 2005, 08:05 AM
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y41/shippy_flo/SamJack/12.jpg
"Antarctica for our honeymoon ? You know Sam, that's not really what I had in mind when I said we should find a place where Daniel couldn't find us" :D

LOL at this! :p

And at the "Geez, Jack it was only a kiss..." one :D

sueKay
June 16th, 2005, 08:17 AM
sueKay presents...

The Third Race - Chapter 13 - Landmarks

SG1, Tyler and Pete have arrived in Egypt for phase two of the mission, but just what will they find?

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2070659/13/

and the chapter one link http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2070659/1/

Also...UPDATED - http://stargateintel.bravehost.com
-contains essays on Jack and Sam
- http://stargateintel.bravehost.com/SG1/Bios
-season one episode guide with episode by episode ship ratings!
-and some nice new banners!

coming soon - lotsa shippy and character essays essays!!!!!

Silver
June 16th, 2005, 08:27 AM
the eggheads scene in "Redemption p.2"
Jack: Oh you’re here. I thought you’d be downstairs with the rest of the eggheads…
{Sam looks at him slyly}
Jack: Not than you’re an egghead…Actually, you are, but in a good way… {Smiles weakly}

XOXO Laura aka sgg23

Lol, I love that scene too, especially because Sam's all stressed and desperate to find a solution--and in the end she fully intends to go eat cake with Jack before that blimmin' alarm goes off :D

I also love:

O'NEILL: (singing to himself)…and tell me that you love me.… (to Carter) Lots of interesting nebulous things going on?
CARTER: Yes, sir.
O'NEILL: (looking into telescope) I don't see squat.
CARTER: Well, you wouldn't, sir, during the day.

Ha, Sam was just dying to say that just to make Jack bolt upright again! :p

Hmm, Jack's choice of lyrics are interesting... wonder who was on his mind! I always thought he sang something like "whatever floats your boat", but of course I'm not going to argue with the ears of the transcript writer ;) In fact, I like his/her version A LOT better...

Lord Zedd
June 16th, 2005, 09:08 AM
sueKay presents...

SG1, Tyler and Pete have arrived in Egypt for phase two of the mission, but just what will they find?

and the chapter one link http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2070659/1/

Also...UPDATED - http://stargateintel.bravehost.com
-contains essays on Jack and Sam
- http://stargateintel.bravehost.com/SG1/Bios
-season one episode guide with episode by episode ship ratings!
-and some nice new banners!

coming soon - lotsa shippy and character essays essays!!!!!

boy sueKay you must have too much free time :D :p while I am here stuying all day :( my exames today were really bad as in the worst chase scenario :( :(:(:( I want holiday

florence
June 16th, 2005, 10:04 AM
sueKay presents...

YEAH !!! New Chapter of The Third Race ! :D *runs to read it*

LOL4JACK
June 16th, 2005, 10:54 AM
Hey, I'm new here (I have no idea why I've never posted here before cos I've been a Sam-JAck shipper since the first episode of Stargate).
Figured I'd post now cos I 'd be revisin' for history exam otherwise, and what better way to procrastinate than to talk about Sam and Jack.

I seem to have become ship obsessed. Even the Sam posters and Jack posters in my room are next to each other. Hehehe. :p :D

Shéyna
Welcome Pyscho Veggie Freak...

Can we call you PVF? I'm glad you decided to join us I saw your question on the ask Joe thread and posted it here, love how you presented him with options... post lots, ship lots and have fun!!!! http://yelims.free.fr/Coucou/Coucou00.gif

AncientKnowledge
June 16th, 2005, 12:12 PM
Lol, I love that scene too, especially because Sam's all stressed and desperate to find a solution--and in the end she fully intends to go eat cake with Jack before that blimmin' alarm goes off :D

I also love:

O'NEILL: (singing to himself)…and tell me that you love me.… (to Carter) Lots of interesting nebulous things going on?

Hmm, Jack's choice of lyrics are interesting... wonder who was on his mind! I always thought he sang something like "whatever floats your boat", but of course I'm not going to argue with the ears of the transcript writer ;) In fact, I like his/her version A LOT better...

lol...I love the scene,It was to great! (thanks silver!) :D

Grace O'Neill
June 16th, 2005, 12:21 PM

Shéyna

WELCOME TO THE SHIP FAMILY, Pyscho-Veggie-Freak!!!

You will love it here! We are all patiently (well... not really patiently) awaiting for the shippy resolution of our favorite couple SAM AND JACK!!!

Grace O'Neill
June 16th, 2005, 12:51 PM
Hey guys,

I've got an OT question, and since I don't know who to ask, I decided to ask my ship family (so forgive me for going OT).

Where can I find the DVDs that would have "The Lowdown", "From Stargate to Atlantis" and other specials about Stargate? I don't think they are on the DVD sets...
:( :( :( Help....

pittsburghgirl
June 16th, 2005, 01:16 PM
OKay-this is according to the official Stargate Magazine from July/August-the official reason given by AT as Sam's leaving the SGC.

Amanda Tapping returns to Stargate Sg-1 in the season's fifth episode, having taken off at the opening of the year's filming following the birth of her daughter, Olivia.
"After Janet fdied,Carter took responsibility tapping explains. "Cassie has had some problems, so Carter went to spend time with her. That's how I'm playing Carter's decision to leave the SGC."

Oma-1
June 16th, 2005, 01:37 PM
I watched D&C yesterday - unfortunately I had the kids and hubby watching too and they don't appreciate my habit of rewinding and slowing the shippy bits down, but even so, I swear I caught the "L" word :D

Fantastic gif Token (((((hugs)))))

Oma-1
June 16th, 2005, 01:51 PM

Shéyna

http://bestsmileys.com/welcome/16.gif
psycho-veggie-freak

Hope you enjoy being part of our shippy family :D Loved your question to JM :D Sometimes, silence is the sweetest sound.

Oma-1
June 16th, 2005, 02:15 PM
OKay-this is according to the official Stargate Magazine from July/August-the official reason given by AT as Sam's leaving the SGC.

Amanda Tapping returns to Stargate Sg-1 in the season's fifth episode, having taken off at the opening of the year's filming following the birth of her daughter, Olivia.
"After Janet fdied,Carter took responsibility tapping explains. "Cassie has had some problems, so Carter went to spend time with her. That's how I'm playing Carter's decision to leave the SGC."
*sigh* I'm glad that someone's finally thinking about Cassie - news of her has been non-existent since Heroes. Although Sam being with Cassie doesn't rule out Jack spending time with them too :D

AT's comment "That's how I'm playing Carter's decision to leave the SGC." does prompt the question of how are tptb playing Sam's leaving the SGC. I assume that we're going to get an explanation - they wouldn't just say nothing would they??? (Although that does leave it open to our shippy imaginations - I know where I think Sam's been spending her free time :D )

florence
June 16th, 2005, 02:42 PM
*sigh* I'm glad that someone's finally thinking about Cassie - news of her has been non-existent since Heroes. Although Sam being with Cassie doesn't rule out Jack spending time with them too :D

AT's comment "That's how I'm playing Carter's decision to leave the SGC." does prompt the question of how are tptb playing Sam's leaving the SGC. I assume that we're going to get an explanation - they wouldn't just say nothing would they??? (Although that does leave it open to our shippy imaginations - I know where I think Sam's been spending her free time :D )

And if you think what I think you're thinking, you're thinking what I'm thinking too :D
Not too confused ? :p
Okay, so to make it clear, I know where Sam's been spending her free time too, and that's not in Area 51 ;) And she hasn't been spending her free time alone either :D And no, I don't mean she was with Cassie :rolleyes:

LOL4JACK
June 16th, 2005, 03:04 PM

I also love:

What!!!! :eek:

Damn, I miss all this stuff.... I need a shippy guide to all SG1 episodes.... I saw Redemption a couple of weeks ago, got the cake part, but missed the song and the LYRICS....!!!!

Ok, we need to start a shippy guide...

Oma-1
June 16th, 2005, 03:41 PM
And if you think what I think you're thinking, you're thinking what I'm thinking too :D
Okay, so to make it clear, I know where Sam's been spending her free time too, and that's not in Area 51 ;) And she hasn't been spending her free time alone either :D And no, I don't mean she was with Cassie :rolleyes:
Uh-huh. I'm thinking your thinking the same things I'm thinking :p

Not confused at all :D

sg-1fanintn
June 16th, 2005, 03:49 PM

"After Janet died,Carter took responsibility," Tapping explains. "Cassie has had some problems, so Carter went to spend time with her. That's how I'm playing Carter's decision to leave the SGC."

Pittsburghgirl, thanks for the news. At first read it sounds very definitive. But Oma-1 puts a nice new spin on it. And florence, I have no idea what you're thinking. You 747'd me, girl. Please, elaborate!

He (JM) goes and says that he's sure shippers felt they got a "decisive victory" at the end of season 8 -- that TPTB wrapped up loose ends because of Rick's departure. Well, here's news: the ship wasn't resolved!

Here's an idea. Maybe Joe meant the "decisive victory" was the fishing trip, not the AU kiss. And maybe that statement is his official acknowledgement that Sam & Jack are together!

Reading it that way, it sounds much better! Oma-1 and Majorsal will be so proud of me for making lemonade out of Joe's latest lemon!

You are so right !!! Okey, pengiuns attack formation !!!!

Has anyone seen Madagascar? I highly recommend it. It's a couple of hours of fun. In it, there's a line:

"The penguins are psychotic!"

Do you think they had us in mind when they wrote that?

dipsofjazz
June 16th, 2005, 03:51 PM
That is so well said!

Having just read his recent posts, I really do think Joe is heartless. He said that he'd say to RDA fans that "you'll love the new guy". Damn it, I know we haven't seen Mitchell in action yet, but no character could EVER replace Jack O'Neill. Never ever!

Thanks for your welcomes, btw! :)
You are so right! TPTB think we'll be happy after Threads and Moebius, but don't seem to understand why we're not. All we want is recognition that Sam and Jack are actually together....... and a big honkin' kiss! :p

pittsburghgirl
June 16th, 2005, 03:51 PM
Uh-huh. I'm thinking your thinking the same things I'm thinking :p

Not confused at all :D
care to let me in?

Oma-1
June 16th, 2005, 04:01 PM
care to let me in?

Florence and I are referring to the indisputable, irrefutable fact that no matter what reason tptb give us for Sam's leaving the SGC, Sam spent lots of her free time with a certain grey-haired general with the most amazing brown eyes .....

*goes in search of Lol4jack's sig .... again :D *

fair_nymph
June 16th, 2005, 04:03 PM
I'd be happy at any solid indication that they are together in S9. Just a simple banter maybe between Daniel about Jack in the first ep about how Jack's honeymoon with Sam was. :D I don't even need to see a kiss (though it would be lovely) -- I just want to know they are firmly together forever. [/sap]

zuz
June 16th, 2005, 04:09 PM
Here's an idea. Maybe Joe meant the "decisive victory" was the fishing trip, not the AU kiss. And maybe that statement is his official acknowledgement that Sam & Jack are together!

That's all very nice. But I still hope they'll SHOW us.

Oma-1
June 16th, 2005, 04:15 PM
I'd be happy at any solid indication that they are together in S9. Just a simple banter maybe between Daniel about Jack in the first ep about how Jack's honeymoon with Sam was. :D I don't even need to see a kiss (though it would be lovely) -- I just want to know they are firmly together forever. [/sap]
Yep - me too. Despite Joe's answer of (I'll spoil this so those that don't want to know what Joe said don't have to read it) no conversations between any of SG-1 about their personal relationships, that doesn't preclude a shot of Sam saying "bye Jack" and putting down the phone :D Optimism is my middle name :p

More lemonade TN? Anyone? :p

SuMmErTimE
June 16th, 2005, 05:39 PM
ah. im just sitting around waiting for season 9. hmmm. bored bored bored.

Gatetrixer
June 16th, 2005, 05:54 PM

Not surprised. In fact I think I almost predicted it. We didn't like it when Cassie was forgotten after Heroes, now TPTB can say, "Hey, you didn't like it when Cassie wasn't mentioned, so now we are saying something about her!" Whaddaya want?" :rolleyes:

sg-1fanintn
June 16th, 2005, 06:06 PM
Aloha!

1. Avoid reading it
2. If you accidentally read what he's said...just think to yourself 'He's just a glorified fic writer who gets paid'
3. remind yourself that all fic writers get distracted and don't finish stories

Lovely advice, sueKay! I've been happier since I've been away from JM's thread.

Yep - me too. Despite Joe's answer of (I'll spoil this so those that don't want to know what Joe said don't have to read it) no conversations between any of SG-1 about their personal relationships, that doesn't preclude a shot of Sam saying "bye Jack" and putting down the phone :D Optimism is my middle name :p

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y128/newsgoddess/lemonade.bmp

Yes, thank you, Oma-1. Come, fellow shippers. Let's all sit down and have a nice glass of Shipper Lemonade while we go through bride magazines and start planning the wedding. :o :p ;)

dannyluver
June 16th, 2005, 06:06 PM
Oh my word! I am freaking out about that spoiler! Hoorah!!!!!! I did not know that. I also didn't know that the July/August issue came out yet! YES! I'm happy with any kind of "hint" of Sam and Jack together! A kiss would be nice, but I'm not going to get my hopes up in case they get stomped all over.

zuz
June 16th, 2005, 06:56 PM
Good night and sweet dreams. :)

http://img113.echo.cx/img113/5944/jshathorsubstitute1dv.th.jpg (http://img113.echo.cx/my.php?image=jshathorsubstitute1dv.jpg)
;)

majorsal
June 16th, 2005, 09:13 PM

here's joe's exact wording: "I'm sure the fans who wanted to see more ship will think they scored a decisive victory in season 8 while fans who want to see less romance think they've scored their own victory in season 9. But the fact is we're just trying to tell the best possible stories for our characters. In the case of season 8, with Rick leaving the show, we wanted to wrap up some loose ends. In the case of season 9, we're setting up new characters and storylines."

joe didn't say about shippers feeling a victory at the end of season 8. i read joe's words *very* carefully... *wink wink*

majorsal
June 16th, 2005, 09:19 PM

i expected this. just glad it's cassie and not some other guy.

majorsal
June 16th, 2005, 09:23 PM

that's right! :D just because she's with cassie at the beginning of season 9 doesn't mean she wasn't with jack before, during, or after. :D

majorsal
June 16th, 2005, 09:26 PM
Reading it that way, it sounds much better! Oma-1 and Majorsal will be so proud of me for making lemonade out of Joe's latest lemon!

always proud of you, honey! ;)

majorsal
June 16th, 2005, 09:34 PM

AND! :D

that poster asked joe if there would be comments made about hooking up, and joe answered there'd be no 'conversations'... that doesn't mean a little comment can't be given here or there. :p

stretching? maybe, but joe 'does' word things carefully... ;)

florence
June 17th, 2005, 12:31 AM
Florence and I are referring to the indisputable, irrefutable fact that no matter what reason tptb give us for Sam's leaving the SGC, Sam spent lots of her free time with a certain grey-haired general with the most amazing brown eyes .....

*goes in search of Lol4jack's sig .... again :D *

Oma, thanks for making it less confusing :p I thought it was obvious for all the shippers where and more important with whom she's spending her free time :D

ETA : Seriously, I'm just happy that someone seems not to have forgotten Cassie :)

sueKay
June 17th, 2005, 03:58 AM
Well after reading about Mr Mallozzi's vague comments...I have come to conclusion...

He's as confused as the rest of us!!!!

Have you noticed that the actors and producers have all been contradicting each other as of late??? They're doing it intentionally...I think they have something big planned...

THANK YOU FOR ALL THE REVIEWS!!!!! :D

sueKay
June 17th, 2005, 04:19 AM
Well...I'm gonna be absent for a few days as I'm not leaving my house. Here's why:

I live in a little village with a population of just under 3000. But our village has a very big country park. Every five years or so, stupid record companies hire the park and put on concerts. This time it's REM that's playing. So...our little village of less than 3000 people are going to have to put up with over 65 000 people who are going to the concert. We have no big roads, and less than 2000 parking spaces and only a handful of shops. Which means that it's gonna be way too crowded and dangerous to go out (when Oasis played here, there were beatings, stabbings, and our house got broken into)

So...I'm now stuck in my house for about three days...fun!

It's like a siege!!!!!!!!!

So enjoy blue jello week, and have fun SHIPPING!!!!!

Suz
xxxxx

sugarshaker
June 17th, 2005, 06:28 AM

Yes, thank you, Oma-1. Come, fellow shippers. Let's all sit down and have a nice glass of Shipper Lemonade while we go through bride magazines and start planning the wedding. :o :p ;)

Count me in! :D We can wrap up our planning with a wedding drill at the chapel in Shipper Town. After all, it's June! :) Dum dum de dum. Dum dum de dum. Dum dum de dummm dum de dumm dum de dum de dummmmm.....

sugarshaker
June 17th, 2005, 06:38 AM
snip
. . . .while fans who want to see less romance think they've scored their own victory in season 9.

I'm disappointed to hear that as it sounds like there won't be anything in s9, but I'm not surprised. At least we won't have Pete, UST, angst, interrupted conversations and the like. :S Many of us have said all along that it's not the end result that matters so much; it's the journey. Since it seems pretty apparent (to me) that they're together now, s9 would be a great time to enjoy the journey, but it looks like we won't get it. At least it sounds like we won't get Sam and boyfriend of the week, so that's good news. :)

The last couple of years I've been concerned that TP's would get the show in such a state that I wouldn't be able to go back and enjoy my s1-6 DVD's. Fortunately, they didn't do that, but they didn't leave a lot of room to spare. Whenever I'm feeling the need to ship, I'll have lots of shippy episodes from the past, fan fics and, of course, the wonderful, fantabulous SHIPPER FAMILY!! :D

sugarshaker
June 17th, 2005, 06:42 AM
I live in a little village with a population of just under 3000. But our village has a very big country park. Every five years or so, stupid record companies hire the park and put on concerts. This time it's REM that's playing. So...our little village of less than 3000 people are going to have to put up with over 65 000 people who are going to the concert. We have no big roads, and less than 2000 parking spaces and only a handful of shops. Which means that it's gonna be way too crowded and dangerous to go out.

It's like a siege!!!!!!!!!

It's like Woodstock! :D :D Those were the days! I'm probably the only one around here who remembers Woodstock. Goes off grumbling. . . .:o

LOL4JACK
June 17th, 2005, 08:11 AM
Oma, thanks for making it less confusing :p I thought it was obvious for all the shippers where and more important with whom she's spending her free time :D

ETA : Seriously, I'm just happy that someone seems not to have forgotten Cassie :)
Sue Kay I completly agree with you, I think the Spoiler, is so, so, so, so good... that they don't want to spoil us :D

shipper hannah
June 17th, 2005, 08:28 AM
hey everyone..
i'm so excited about these new spoilers on that german website.. i'm glad they're thinking about cassie finally.. i hope we get to see her.. i wonder if they could get the actress back, that would be good.. and they're gonna revisit the charlie/ re'tu thing again which is also looks good..
no pics of sam yet though.. wonder what her hair's like this year.. i liked it last year...
anyway enough rambling..ship in season 9 woooo! :D

dannyluver
June 17th, 2005, 09:50 AM
AND! :D

that poster asked joe if there would be comments made about hooking up, and joe answered there'd be no 'conversations'... that doesn't mean a little comment can't be given here or there. :p

stretching? maybe, but joe 'does' word things carefully... ;)

Plus, a Sam/Jack kiss in season nine, technically doesn't count as a conversation! Ha! Spontaneous kiss for the shippers!

Yaaaaay! There still is hope!

Zoser
June 17th, 2005, 10:33 AM
care to let me in?

Needed to say a quick Hi to you and Rogue and all the Shippers.

As for Sam and Cassie - I like that idea. We have to remember that Jack is very close to Cassie too. So maybe he'll give some support and provide Cassie with a loving father figure.

florence
June 17th, 2005, 11:02 AM
http://yelims2.free.fr/Fete/HappyBirthDay.gif

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BRENREN !

I wish all your shippy dreams come true ! :D

gatebee
June 17th, 2005, 11:06 AM
http://bestsmileys.com/birthday1/7.gif
BRENREN

gatebee
June 17th, 2005, 11:10 AM
Well after reading about Mr Mallozzi's vague comments...I have come to conclusion...

He's as confused as the rest of us!!!!

Have you noticed that the actors and producers have all been contradicting each other as of late??? They're doing it intentionally...I think they have something big planned...

THANK YOU FOR ALL THE REVIEWS!!!!! :D
SueKay, I like the way you analize the whole vagueness of TPTB. But like Cathy, every day I am loosing hope in seeing any ship on film. Everything will be off screne just name dropping about Sam and Jack. Though in the minds of TPTB, they feel that they have given us the ship resolution with Threads and M2.

dannyluver
June 17th, 2005, 11:12 AM
THERE IS STILL HOPE! do not lose faith in the ship!

Rogue
June 17th, 2005, 11:32 AM

As for Sam and Cassie - I like that idea. We have to remember that Jack is very close to Cassie too. So maybe he'll give some support and provide Cassie with a loving father figure.

HI ZOSER!!

http://bestsmileys.com/bouncing/3.gif

Critter
June 17th, 2005, 01:11 PM
http://bestsmileys.com/birthday1/7.gif
BRENREN
I'm stealing this from gatebee cause I like it....Happy birthday Bren.... ;)

sugarshaker
June 17th, 2005, 01:32 PM
Happy Birthday BrenRen!

http://bestsmileys.com/birthday1/17.gif

I hope you like your presents :D

http://bestsmileys.com/birthday1/24.gif

sg-1fanintn
June 17th, 2005, 01:52 PM
It's like Woodstock! :D :D Those were the days! I'm probably the only one around here who remembers Woodstock. Goes off grumbling. . . .:o

No, you're not the only one who's over 40! Not by a long shot!

always proud of you, honey! ;)

Thanks! Now, who would like a nice, cool glass of Shipper Lemonade?

Uber
June 17th, 2005, 01:53 PM
Happy Birthday Bren Ren!!!

zabbugh
June 17th, 2005, 01:55 PM
Hello everyone!
It has been a very, very long time since I have posted. I believe it was around the time when the spoilers for Affinity came out.
I needed to step away for a bit, RL was very cruddy at the time and the show I loved to watch that gave me some escape was also turning 'cruddy'(imo at that time).
This was my first adventure into online fandom, I was getting caught up in what the ptb were feeding us and it was adding undo stress in an already overstressed life.

Now, even though RDA will not be in S9 full time, they are still 'skirting' the issue. I don't understand why they don't come out and say they are together. I agree with those that feel the resolution has not been resolved. As much as I enjoy the tidbits and moments showing them moving towards each other, tptb gave a lame resolution.

Tbtb seem to love stirring the pot, they are just trying to keep the interest alive while the show is on 'downtime'. I really and truly hope that they give credit to the work that RDA and AT have done in creating the tension between these characters. There is no denying that when I look back at episodes those two actors played the characters with fantastic angst, unrequited love, and a connection. I don't know who has the signature that says something to the effect of "To real to ignore" I could not agree more. Sorry about the long post, I just wanted to put my two cents worth in.

I am sure most of you know already, but take any spoilers, articles, blogs or whatever with a grain of salt. I don't mean to sound preachy, just wary. :S
Keep on Shipping, :D
Chris

Cassie
June 17th, 2005, 02:26 PM
Happy Birthday BrenRen!!!

Token
June 17th, 2005, 04:50 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v334/Token04/BTSdreamsSJ.jpg
SAM: What are you getting Bren for her birthday?
JACK: I dunno. What are you getting??
SAM: hmmm... How about a kiss?
JACK: Do you think she would like it?
SAM: Does it really matter??
JACK: ah..No! Can we do it now??
SAM: Indeed!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v334/Token04/OnTopicSJKiss.jpg

Happy Birthday, Bren!! ;)

majorsal
June 17th, 2005, 05:46 PM
I'm disappointed to hear that as it sounds like there won't be anything in s9, but I'm not surprised.

*less* romance, not none. ;)

majorsal
June 17th, 2005, 05:51 PM

i'm *really* liking this idea....

sam takes care of cassie for a while. jack comes to visit, since he was going to be there anyways to visit 'his woman' (squee moment!).... sam and jack are taking care of cassie, just like a mom and dad would do.... AND THEN SAM GETS PREGNANT! sam and jack have two kids then. :D

*sighs dreamily*

Grace O'Neill
June 17th, 2005, 05:58 PM
i'm *really* liking this idea....

sam takes care of cassie for a while. jack comes to visit, since he was going to be there anyways to visit 'his woman' (squee moment!).... sam and jack are taking care of cassie, just like a mom and dad would do.... AND THEN SAM GETS PREGNANT! sam and jack have two kids then. :D

*sighs dreamily*

Majorsal,

I am really liking YOUR idea :D :D :D

And I think they should first have a girl and call her.... GRACE... like there is a choice ;)
Then they can have a boy, and call him Jacob. I think Sam would've liked that, to honor her father in that way.

What a happy family... ***sighs***
Jack O'Neill, Sam O'Neill, Grace O'Neill and Jacob O'Neill...
Well, since we already know how Grace looks, how do you think their son would look? I think he would have blond hair like mom and brown eyes like dad.

Grace O'Neill
June 17th, 2005, 06:04 PM
Hello everyone!

Tbtb seem to love stirring the pot, they are just trying to keep the interest alive while the show is on 'downtime'. I really and truly hope that they give credit to the work that RDA and AT have done in creating the tension between these characters. There is no denying that when I look back at episodes those two actors played the characters with fantastic angst, unrequited love, and a connection.

I totally agree! They do an awesome job. They don't overact or underact ( :S not sure if that's actually a word...). Both, AT and RDA are excellect actors in terms of comedy, action AND romance/angst!!!

I wonder what RDA thinks about the way Sam/Jack line has been "resolved"... We sort of know what Amanda said towards the end of S8 (before they were aware of S9).

Does anyone know of any interviews where Rick is asked about the relationship between Sam and Jack and his feeling on it???

sg-1fanintn
June 17th, 2005, 07:02 PM
I already posted this on the SAGC thread, but I wanted to check in here too. My apologies in advance. Pardon me, but.....

Why the #$%^^&* did they edit Threads down to an hour? It's a "rerun." You're supposed to "re-run" it!!!!!!!

Which leads me to ask: what's going to be on the boxed set?

(Pardon me, but I'm a little hot under the collar right now....and I have to go tell Sci Fi what I think!)

SuMmErTimE
June 17th, 2005, 07:13 PM
when in doubt about sam and jack...i like to refer to a quote in the episode entitled Fail Safe.

daniel- im confident
jack- me too
teal'c- as am i

i kno...think positive.

Token
June 17th, 2005, 07:39 PM
Ok, I'm trying not to sqeeeeee too much, but I can't help myself. :o As I was lurking in the RDA Thunk thread for educational purposes only (right :rolleyes: ), I stared...stumbled....upon a picture someone posted from the new issue of the Stargate magazine. After tearing my eyes away from the gorgeous picture of RDA, I was reading the article when my heart skipped a beat at the following quote:

S9 "Beach Head"
Brad Wright speaking of RDA..."His character is very much alive off-screen. I wrote a scene in Beach Head where on the other end of the phone he plays a joke on General Landry."

BEACH HEAD??? That's the episode that Sam returns!! I'm soooo hoping that the joke is General Landry calls Sam for help and Jack answers the phone!! What?? It could happen in my dreams. :p Well, I hope there is some Sam and Jack ship in the ep even if it is over the phone!!

I gotta get me a copy of the new magazine!!! :D

Katkin
June 17th, 2005, 07:45 PM
Hey Shippers! I know I keep promising to pop back in to ship/thunk but we have only just moved into our new home in Florida and much to do. But I have just managed to snatch 5 minutes… it will be easier once we finally get our broadband sorted out [hopefully this week]. But it is so good to see the Shippers in such an optimistic mood! Say it with me: WE KNOW THEY ARE TOGETHER. HERE ARE THE REASONS WHY…
Sparks flying in CofG: red hot karma from day one!… That cheesy grin at seeing Carter in the blue gown in Emancipation… her strop at his fooling around with Kynthia… that most definite kiss on the neck as he wrestles her off in Broca Divide… Solitudes and her struggle to keep him alive [sighs dreamily…]… the embrace in Fire and Water… it all comes clear to her in 100 Days… her fight to bring him home in Tangent… he admits all in D&C [that scene as he looks back at her, perhaps for the last time… it nearly was theirs in Beneath the Surface… UST that could set tinder aglow in The Light. ‘It’s Carter…’ to Maybourne, in the one glimmer of light in S5… ‘Sir… please’ in The Abyss… her desperation and grief in Paradise Lost… his sadness over the spud… the engagement ring scene… ‘Always’…

Just some of my favorite Sam and Jack moments. Ample proof, I think, that what they feel for each other is deep and true. OF COURSE THEY’RE TOGETHER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I ASK YOU: COULD YOU RESIST HIM?????!!!!!
KEEP THE FAITH, SHIPPERS. And when there isn’t onscreen action there’s always a good healthy dose of Sally Reeve… ;)

sg-1fanintn
June 17th, 2005, 07:54 PM
Ok, I'm trying not to sqeeeeee too much, but I can't help myself. :o As I was lurking in the RDA Thunk thread for educational purposes only (right :rolleyes: ), I stared...stumbled....upon a picture someone posted from the new issue of the Stargate magazine. After tearing my eyes away from the gorgeous picture of RDA, I was reading the article when my heart skipped a beat at the following quote:

S9 "Beach Head"
Brad Wright speaking of RDA..."His character is very much alive off-screen. I wrote a scene in Beach Head where on the other end of the phone he plays a joke on General Landry."

BEACH HEAD??? That's the episode that Sam returns!! I'm soooo hoping that the joke is General Landry calls Sam for help and Jack answers the phone!! What?? It could happen in my dreams. :p Well, I hope there is some Sam and Jack ship in the ep even if it is over the phone!!

I hope you're right, Token! I'll keep my fingers (and eyes and toes and ankles and legs) crossed!

sg-1fanintn
June 17th, 2005, 08:06 PM
Hey Shippers! WE KNOW THEY ARE TOGETHER. HERE ARE THE REASONS WHY…

Sparks flying in CofG: red hot karma from day one!…
That cheesy grin at seeing Carter in the blue gown in Emancipation…
her strop at his fooling around with Kynthia…
that most definite kiss on the neck as he wrestles her off in Broca Divide… Solitudes and her struggle to keep him alive [sighs dreamily…]…
the embrace in Fire and Water…
it all comes clear to her in 100 Days…
her fight to bring him home in Tangent…
he admits all in D&C [that scene as he looks back at her, perhaps for the last time…
it nearly was theirs in Beneath the Surface…
UST that could set tinder aglow in The Light.
‘It’s Carter…’ to Maybourne, in the one glimmer of light in S5…
‘Sir… please’ in The Abyss…
her desperation and grief in Paradise Lost…
his sadness over the spud…
the engagement ring scene…
‘Always’…

Just some of my favorite Sam and Jack moments. Ample proof, I think, that what they feel for each other is deep and true. OF COURSE THEY’RE TOGETHER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I ASK YOU: COULD YOU RESIST HIM?????!!!!!
KEEP THE FAITH, SHIPPERS. And when there isn’t onscreen action there’s always a good healthy dose of Sally Reeve… ;)

Hi, Katkin! I'm new since you were here, but I like the way you think! Welcome back! You've mentioned some of my favorite moments too. I'd like to add a few more:

WoO, especially at the end when he's grinning that lecherous grin at her and she (not knowing what happened in the time loops) eyes him suspiciously.....
the elevator scene in "Chimera" (they're both so obviously frustrated!)
the scene in "Upgrades" where their enhanced armbands quit working and she's trapped behind the force field.....
the hug in "Heroes 2".....
the Latin he says to her in "Lost City 2," and her lost look when she touches the glass where he's frozen.....

majorsal
June 17th, 2005, 08:19 PM
this is part of a post by ss that i've c/ped over from 'sam's a great character' thread. (post #9571)

IMOHO it seems to smack of Chimera - and I don't mean the romance part - I mean the fact they smashed an "A" story line involving Daniel/Sarah with a poor "B" arc (Sam/Pete), all in one hour where D/S should have been the whole show with a *minor* B plot interwoven and where Sam/Pete could have been sprinkled here and there in other eps instead of railroaded into 5 mintues of one show. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: Hmmm.... okay maybe that's not a good comparison, because here, everything that they tried to squish into one ep deserved to be the "A" arc in its own ep.....

while this makes total sense (especially from a writing pov), i'd have suffered even MORE if we'd have had to see more sam/pete romance scenes in MORE eps! :S :S :S

soooooo :p, i'm glad all the heartbreakingness was squashed into one 'ill never watch this ep again, even under extreme torture' ep.

Katkin
June 17th, 2005, 08:23 PM
Hi, Katkin! I'm new since you were here, but I like the way you think! Welcome back! You've mentioned some of my favorite moments too. I'd like to add a few more:

WoO, especially at the end when he's grinning that lecherous grin at her and she (not knowing what happened in the time loops) eyes him suspiciously.....
the elevator scene in "Chimera" (they're both so obviously frustrated!)
the scene in "Upgrades" where their enhanced armbands quit working and she's trapped behind the force field.....
the hug in "Heroes 2".....
the Latin he says to her in "Lost City 2," and her lost look when she touches the glass where he's frozen.....

Hey there! Thank you kindly! It’s great to find new S/J shippers on my almost-return. I was hoping there might be some response with shippers adding their favorite moments to prove why Sam and Jack are together so hopefully you are just the first! Those are great scenes you‘ve mentioned: I composed my post after two glasses of Chardonnay so my brain cells are sloshing about a bit I have to admit: take a merit mark for reminding me of them, especially the scenes from Heroes and Lost City. Keep rooting for Sam and Jack! ;)

majorsal
June 17th, 2005, 08:35 PM

S9 "Beach Head"

you never know... and hope is our guiding light! ;)

Silver
June 18th, 2005, 01:23 AM
Ooh, I like the sound of the Jack at the end of the phone thing... now let's just hope they use the same technique and let Sam pick up the phone in her lab to find Jack at the other end! :D

Thanks for making me feel better over Joe's comments, everyone!

melpomene
June 18th, 2005, 01:36 AM
Hi everbody. Yeah I know, I've been MIA a lot. A major total lot. But as usual all of my miniscule free time has been shanghai'd by the thunker (shruggs) so not my fault ;)

Anyhew I have come by to rec a fic. I don't do that a lot, and not usually with incomplete's (she'd still working on it) But I'm beta-ing a new writer and she's got a story that I've really enjoyed reading.

It's so far not set in any particular season, more of a future or AU thing so there's hardly any spoilers and there's various ships, and, I don't want to spoil it for you, but she just posted chapter 9. Which is I really enjoyed reading. So here's a link to her story

Times of Joy and Sadness (http://www.fanfiction.net/~lindsaylace)

sueKay
June 18th, 2005, 04:18 AM
Aloha!

I've escaped the confines of the house and got to the library unscathed.

I'm feeling really down...all of my friends are going to the REM gig tonight and I'm not because I couldn't afford it. I'm very upset about something some of my friends did too. I told them I couldn't go because I couldn't afford a ticket. But one of my friends had a spare ticket and gave it to another of our friends whose dad is a MILLIONAIRE...and they don't even know why I'm angry about that...I never even got offered the ticket and my friend knows I would have paid when I had the money. And my other friend could have afforded ALL of our tickets because she earns over double what I get an hour. And I was meant to go to a friend's barbecue today, but she's just found out that she's gong to the concert courtesy of her work.

/rant

Sorry...it was a big deal to me...

How are we all?

Lord Zedd
June 18th, 2005, 04:36 AM
sorry to hear that sueKay :( (((suekay)))

sueKay
June 18th, 2005, 04:37 AM
Hmm...

I'm trying to think of something shippy to ask...

What do you think is the most obscure shippy moment of all time???

Lord Zedd
June 18th, 2005, 05:09 AM
Hmm...

wow euh let me think about that :D Now I am trying to make a cool banner for my forum. I had something egyptian in mind :p

lonely_star
June 18th, 2005, 06:18 AM
hey guys
I haven't been around lately but I read evrything. i'm glad to hear about Cassie and the different scenari about that...especially the father figure one ;)

just want to thank Oma for your bday present !! :) Thanks !!! ((((Oma))))

I wish Bren ren a HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

Florence and SueKay hope you feel better :o

I love the alphabetical game ! :D we should do stuff like that more often! ;)

Can't wait til july...to see what they say or at least the allusions they make about J&S

I hope you're all fine and I'll come back as soon as I can, see you guys and have fun shipping!!

oh and welcome to all the newbies !!!

Lord Zedd
June 18th, 2005, 06:23 AM
hey guys
I haven't been around lately but I read evrything. i'm glad to hear about Cassie and the different scenari about that...especially the father figure one ;)

just want to thank Oma for your bday present !! :) Thanks !!! ((((Oma))))

I wish Bren ren a HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

Florence and SueKay hope you feel better :o

I love the alphabetical game ! :D we should do stuff like that more often! ;)

Can't wait til july...to see what they say or at least the allusions they make about J&S

I hope you're all fine and I'll come back as soon as I can, see you guys and have fun shipping!!

oh and welcome to all the newbies !!!

Hey lonely star glad to see you once again. Hope everything goes well.
What is that about what you say in the spoilers about her?? :eek:

lonely_star
June 18th, 2005, 06:43 AM
Hey lonely star glad to see you once again. Hope everything goes well.
What is that about what you say in the spoilers about her?? :eek:

well, haven't your read the previous posts ? i'm just repeating the spoilers and the speculations about them! :D :D just crazy thoughts and hopes

the new stargate magazine says that Sam is gone to take care of cassie (that'zs according to AT the reason why Sam is leaving the SGC for a while) then my fellow shippers made speculations about the fact that Sam is not necessarily the only one to take care of cassie and that a certain grey haired general might come and help her taking care of cassie and of herself of course :D :p ...and in this way', Jack is the father figure Cassie does not have ...I also add that a certain very optimistic fellow shipper see two more babies little Grace and little Jacob to show how good Jack is with fatherwood ;) ... I like the idea :rolleyes: don't know why... :D

ok this is it...see just crazy shippy illusions !! :D I hope I sumed it up well :)

edit: oh maybe you just didn't get the meaning of the sentence, euh scenari is the plural of scenario but I guess it does not exist in english, well let's say the different scripts,stories, ideas, speculations made by my fellow shippers about them...that's it...sorry my english kinda suck right now...:( miss the US!! :(

Lord Zedd
June 18th, 2005, 08:40 AM
well, haven't your read the previous posts ? i'm just repeating the spoilers and the speculations about them! :D :D just crazy thoughts and hopes

the new stargate magazine says that Sam is gone to take care of cassie (that'zs according to AT the reason why Sam is leaving the SGC for a while) then my fellow shippers made speculations about the fact that Sam is not necessarily the only one to take care of cassie and that a certain grey haired general might come and help her taking care of cassie and of herself of course :D :p ...and in this way', Jack is the father figure Cassie does not have ...I also add that a certain very optimistic fellow shipper see two more babies little Grace and little Jacob to show how good Jack is with fatherwood ;) ... I like the idea :rolleyes: don't know why... :D

ok this is it...see just crazy shippy illusions !! :D I hope I sumed it up well :)

edit: oh maybe you just didn't get the meaning of the sentence, euh scenari is the plural of scenario but I guess it does not exist in english, well let's say the different scripts,stories, ideas, speculations made by my fellow shippers about them...that's it...sorry my english kinda suck right now...:( miss the US!! :(

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: the shipper thread is back in action :D Oke we need some jello to eat. Also where are the pengiuns????? Are they back to Antartica? :D

Lord Zedd
June 18th, 2005, 09:26 AM
Congrats to Bren Ren :D I hope she'll come online and that she'll see this

HAPPY BIRTHDAY http://www.cardmaster.com/card/Birthday/Post%20Card/happybday.jpg

Have some jello :D http://www.kraftcanada.com/assets/article_photos_iw/pro/pro_ar_Jello_Blue_FR.jpg
]http://www.kindercourt.com/OLD/graphics/kgraphics/may/beachsnackr.jpg

Token
June 18th, 2005, 09:36 AM
Hmm...

(((sueKay)))

Obscure shippy moment???.....hmmmm..... Just a quick off the top of my head moment...

In Urgo, Jack is caught thinking of a black bikini. I'm sure a certain blonde was wearing it!! ;) :D

dannyluver
June 18th, 2005, 10:37 AM
Oh, see, that's not what I get from that Urgo scene. For me, it is the most painful line in the entire history of the show. I feel so bad for Jack when Urgo says it. It's not really shippy--just awkward. I think the most obscure shippy moment is in Emancipation with the blue dress.

nell
June 18th, 2005, 11:58 AM
Hey Gals, Let's take turns keeping the daily countdown for Season 9 Premiere! :D

27 DAYS

TO July 15 Stargate SG-1 Premiere

Seastallion
June 18th, 2005, 01:20 PM
I'm really am not a shipper... but I've more or less, hopped onto the Jack/Sam bandwagon. I figure, why not? A little cliche maybe... but in the end who cares? I like for my characters to be reasonably happy, and Jack/Sam just keep bumping into each other. They have to get to it, eventually. (Sort of like Odo/Keira on DS9... it had to happen eventually. :p )

Uber
June 18th, 2005, 01:37 PM

you never know... and hope is our guiding light! ;)

Hmm...looks like it's time to whip out the ol' rose color shipper glasses...

http://www.powerpromoz.com/stargate/roseglasses1.gif

Lord Zedd
June 18th, 2005, 01:46 PM
What really upsets me is this :(

What will become of Sam and Jack's relationship in Season Nine?
The writers have expressed that the characters' relationship has been essentially dealt with by the end of Season Eight. Because actor Richard Dean Anderson will no longer be a regular on the show, viewers should not expect their relationship to find its way into many stories.

Jack O'Neill will be promoted to lead the Homeworld Security division in Season Nine. As he will therefor still be higher up in Carter's chain of command, it does not seem likely that they are pursuing a romantic relationship off-camera just yet.

Who says that he can be leader of Homeworld security division as a civilion?And what about General Hammond? Miss him. I really do !!

Lord Zedd
June 18th, 2005, 01:53 PM
Hey Gals, Let's take turns keeping the daily countdown for Season 9 Premiere! :D

27 DAYS

TO July 15 Stargate SG-1 Premiere
still 27 days :( :( :( :( :eek:

trupi
June 18th, 2005, 04:02 PM
Ladies and gentlemen it is our say if SG-1 lives or die! We are the consumers, they need us, we don't need them. I grew up in the era of Star Trek. They took it away and we fought for it's returns and what story lines we didn't get we wrote ourselves. The actors like Nimoy and Shatner who said they did't need Star Trek, came back to their fans who were their true bread and butter. It was the fans who kept it going! Keep the faith and don't walk away! Bring it on guys and see what kind of a respond you get from us! We're see who leaves laughing! The people who have control of the money are usually the ones that wins. I know my money is not going to anything SG-1 until I get satisfaction (and that includes conventions, sorry Gary)! We have each other and those wonderful shippers that write those great fics. I think we can lives on those until, the Great Birds of Vancouver lay the correct egg!

girlgater
June 18th, 2005, 04:22 PM

Ahhh...the glasses. One of my favorites!

LadyJeep
June 18th, 2005, 05:59 PM
Oh, see, that's not what I get from that Urgo scene. For me, it is the most painful line in the entire history of the show. I feel so bad for Jack when Urgo says it. It's not really shippy--just awkward. I think the most obscure shippy moment is in Emancipation with the blue dress.
Here, here Dannyluver! I also think the blue dress in Emancipation is the most obscure. The looks on all their faces was priceless. :)

nell
June 18th, 2005, 06:00 PM
What really upsets me is this :(

Who says that he can be leader of Homeworld security division as a civilion?And what about General Hammond? Miss him. I really do !!

OMG, where did that quote come from? :S Who said that the ship is over? :eek: I am looking forward to Season 9 for aat least a little bit of ship but this statement is sounding dismal.

My new perspective on S&J spoilers is this: DON'T LISTEN to Joe and the other TPTB. They are vague and tease alot. Like Jack once asked the Tollan, I ask TPTB, " do you practice being vague?" Anyway, I prefer the actors leaks and spoilers, notably Amanda and RDA. Remember Amanda said pre-Season 8 that Sam would learn to love in a relationship with :eek: for when Sam and Jack got together. And, RDA said Pete poses no threat to O'Neill. Both came true. :D Now in a recent interview with Amanda pre-Season 9 she said that Sam is single/celibitaire with the hint being Sam and Jack have a relationship. Now, Joe may have denied that in a recent Joe thread reply but I prefer to go with an actor's comment. I know, Amanda's comment fulfills my fantasies but so be it!!! :rolleyes:

Token
June 18th, 2005, 06:59 PM

Ship is in the eyes of the beholder! :p That is what is so wonderful about our Shipper Family! We can each see as much or less ship as we so choose.

Now for awkward moments....I cringe at the scene in CoTG when Sam is verbally sparing with Jack in the meeting room. I found it hilarious that S8 Moebius 2 Nerdy Sam refers to the whole "genitals on the inside" comment. LOL.

In Emancipation, I would say another obsure moment is when...

Teal'c: Pointing at the village. "The tracks lead directly there."

Jack: "Who owns the place?"

Mughal: "An enemy. A man who kills for pleasure. This is very bad."

Jack: "Well then we will go and get her tonight."

Mughal: "If we attack, there will be war. Turghan is allied with 22 clans. When he fights, he takes no prisoners."

Danny: "You mean they'd kill all of you?"

Mughal: "Yes. If you will wait until morning, I will go, and request a trade, he cannot refuse."

Teal'c: "But what will happen to Dr. Carter tonight if we wait."

Mughal: "Turghan will partake in his newest purchase."

Jack: "Oh, there's not a chance in hell."

Danny: "In our land, if a man wants a women, she can say no."

Mughal: "No one refuses, Turghan, and lives."

Jack: "Then we go now." They all start for the village.

trupi
June 18th, 2005, 07:24 PM
bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb
OMG, where did that quote come from? :S Who said that the ship is over? :eek: I am looking forward to Season 9 for aat least a little bit of ship but this statement is sounding dismal.

My new perspective on S&J spoilers is this: DON'T LISTEN to Joe and the other TPTB. They are vague and tease alot. Like Jack once asked the Tollan, I ask TPTB, " do you practice being vague?" Anyway, I prefer the actors leaks and spoilers, notably Amanda and RDA. Remember Amanda said pre-Season 8 that Sam would learn to love in a relationship with :eek: for when Sam and Jack got together. And, RDA said Pete poses no threat to O'Neill. Both came true. :D Now in a recent interview with Amanda pre-Season 9 she said that Sam is single/celibitaire with the hint being Sam and Jack have a relationship. Now, Joe may have denied that in a recent Joe thread reply but I prefer to go with an actor's comment. I know, Amanda's comment fulfills my fantasies but so be it!!! :rolleyes:
You're right Nell! Let Joe tease us. I think sooner then later it's going to come back and bite him you know where!

gatebee
June 18th, 2005, 10:13 PM
http://bestsmileys.com/birthday1/22.gifhttp://bestsmileys.com/birthday1/22.gifhttp://bestsmileys.com/birthday1/22.gifhttp://bestsmileys.com/birthday1/22.gifhttp://bestsmileys.com/birthday1/22.gifhttp://bestsmileys.com/birthday1/22.gif
http://bestsmileys.com/birthday1/2.gifhttp://bestsmileys.com/birthday1/2.gifhttp://bestsmileys.com/birthday1/2.gifhttp://bestsmileys.com/birthday1/2.gifhttp://bestsmileys.com/birthday1/2.gifhttp://bestsmileys.com/birthday1/2.gif
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v205/FilBrit1/uberbd.jpg

sg-1fanintn
June 18th, 2005, 10:23 PM
Hmm...

How about Sam's interview with Bregman in Heroes, part 1, when he asks her how she feels about Jack O'Neill? She starts out very professional, but talks herself into a very awkward place before it's over. And Bregman really picked up on it!

gatebee
June 18th, 2005, 10:34 PM

thank (((((((( Uber )))))))))) for the glasses ....... it seems like light years since you last posted this pic .....sooo sooo lovely

nell
June 18th, 2005, 10:38 PM
How about Sam's interview with Bregman in Heroes, part 1, when he asks her how she feels about Jack O'Neill? She starts out very professional, but talks herself into a very awkward place before it's over. And Bregman really picked up on it!

Thanks, sg-1fanintn! I went right to transcripts to read this and thought it so nice to share!! :D ;)

BREGMAN: How do you feel about Colonel O'Neill?

CARTER: ah ... *Smiles* ... He's an amazing man. After everything he's done, he's still modest, quite self effacing actually. He even likes people to think he's not as smart as he really is. Bottom line: He's an incredibly strong leader who's given more of himself for this program than anyone has given for ... *thinks* well ... anything I can imagine.

BREGMAN: You spend a lot of time together outside of work?

CARTER: err ... we don't get much time outside of work. When we do our personal interests are little different .

BREGMAN: did you ever hear the expression: opposites attract.

CARTER: *smiles* we have a very professional relationship

BREGMAN: Really? Do you ... Professional? After everything you've been through ... You must of ... maybe if it's not too much to say ... faced death together.

CARTER: Yeah ... not unlike countless Military personnel through out the years ... look I won't deny there's not a bond between us ... Daniel and Teal'c are also like family to me. Colonel is first and foremost my superior officer. Even if there was potential for something more ... and I'm not saying that there is err ... our military positions, and the very nature of our jobs wouldn't allow for it. *swallows, kinda nods. Definitely nervous.

Grace O'Neill
June 18th, 2005, 10:43 PM
(((sueKay)))

Obscure shippy moment???.....hmmmm..... Just a quick off the top of my head moment...

In Urgo, Jack is caught thinking of a black bikini. I'm sure a certain blonde was wearing it!! ;) :D

Ohh, I love that moment... :D :D :D

There are only a handful of moments where Jack gets embarrased in front of Sam. And that Urgo moment is one of them. The look on Sam's face is priceless... And Jack is just trying to deny the whole thing. I think it's very cute. Besides, he is a man enough to handle a little awkward moment.

Another awkward moment I can think of is when Jack gets invited to Skara's wedding...Remember that one?

Anyone can think of any other awkward Jack moments that involved Sam?

gatebee
June 18th, 2005, 10:52 PM
Thanks, sg-1fanintn! I went right to transcripts to read this and thought it so nice to share!! :D ;)

CARTER: ah ... *Smiles* ... He's an amazing man. After everything he's done, he's still modest, quite self effacing actually. He even likes people to think he's not as smart as he really is. Bottom line: He's an incredibly strong leader who's given more of himself for this program than anyone has given for ... *thinks* well ... anything I can imagine.

CARTER: err ... we don't get much time outside of work. When we do our personal interests are little different .

BREGMAN: Really? Do you ... Professional? After everything you've been through ... You must of ... maybe if it's not too much to say ... faced death together.

CARTER: Yeah ... not unlike countless Military personnel through out the years ... look I won't deny there's not a bond between us ... Daniel and Teal'c are also like family to me. Colonel is first and foremost my superior officer. Even if there was potential for something more ... and I'm not saying that there is err ... our military positions, and the very nature of our jobs wouldn't allow for it. *swallows, kinda nods. Definitely nervous.
I totally believe that Sam always knew that there was more than a professional "item" between them. But Sam needed more input from Jack before she could move forward on her feelings .... hubby is looking over shoulder and agrees ... hehehehehe .... I have finally brought him over the "dark" side ...mwahahaha

melpomene
June 18th, 2005, 11:08 PM
I totally believe that Sam always knew that there was more than a professional "item" between them. But Sam needed more input from Jack before she could move forward on her feelings .... hubby is looking over shoulder and agrees ... hehehehehe .... I have finally brought him over the "dark" side ...mwahahaha

wooo-wooo way to go Gatebee!! Make a shipper out of the man :D

I loved Sam going on about 'potential' and 'allow' and all the time you just know she's covering. But as intense a shipper as I am I still have to admire that. Her denial, insistance on keeping things 'the way they're supposed to be' I think that's one of Carter's greatest strengths. But then we also see later the way she's been affected by Jack. To the point where she'll admit to a certain amount of weakness, allow herself a certain amount of comfort and human contact with the man she's trying to be 'profesional' with. That's one of my favorite things about Heroes. Everyone is so well rounded, multi-dimensional, you see so much of them. And you see Sam and Jack's need for each other despite thier need to maintain a certain distance, they've also found a place where they can let down the barriers from time to time and really be together like that. And I'm done talking now, so you guys can go on. *clears throat after unusually long speach*

gatebee
June 18th, 2005, 11:19 PM

I loved Sam going on about 'potential' and 'allow' and all the time you just know she's covering. But as intense a shipper as I am I still have to admire that. Her denial, insistance on keeping things 'the way they're supposed to be' I think that's one of Carter's greatest strengths. But then we also see later the way she's been affected by Jack. To the point where she'll admit to a certain amount of weakness, allow herself a certain amount of comfort and human contact with the man she's trying to be 'profesional' with. That's one of my favorite things about Heroes. Everyone is so well rounded, multi-dimensional, you see so much of them. And you see Sam and Jack's need for each other despite thier need to maintain a certain distance, they've also found a place where they can let down the barriers from time to time and really be together like that. And I'm done talking now, so you guys can go on. *clears throat after unusually long speach*
waves at Mel ..... keep on going .... you are soo right ...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v205/FilBrit1/sj.jpg

sorry can't remember where I got this pic

Grace O'Neill
June 19th, 2005, 12:10 AM

Oh my.... :S

My wonderful hubby just flipped a channel and this episode is on Fox11! RIGHT NOW!!! What a coincidence... I will see a blushing/nervous Sam (sort of) in a few minutes... :D :D :D

Grace O'Neill
June 19th, 2005, 12:16 AM
Ahhhh... there she is... blushing... Major Samantha Carter...
Ohh, and the moment with Daniel running, just to see them following him... hillarious!!!

STARGATE IS THE BEST SHOW EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Silver
June 19th, 2005, 01:16 AM

I loved your unusually long speech :D

The rose-tinted glasses are great!!

Silver
June 19th, 2005, 01:23 AM
MALA: "You are close to Colonel O'Neill..."

CARTER: "Yeah...I like to think we have a special relationship."

MALA: "I hope to, someday, have a special relationship..."

CARTER: "Oh! No, no...it's not like that..."

MALA: "Like what?"

CARTER: (fumbles for words) "W...ye...we aren't, you know, I mean, we don't..."

MALA: "I was speaking of the mutual respect you share."

CARTER: "I knew that..." (She clears her throat.)

This scene in Birthright reminds me of the questioning in Heroes. Sam is clearly uncomfortable and it just goes to show that there is something there. If it had been Daniel, like in "Fallen" when he asks her if there had ever been anything between them, she would have calmly dismissed it without getting all flustered.... but not when it refers to Jack. :)

florence
June 19th, 2005, 02:20 AM
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y41/shippy_flo/SamJack/4.jpg
Sam : "Jack, it's Uber's birthday and we don't have any gift for her !"
Jack : "What about a kiss ?
Sam : "Again ? Not that I'd complain..."
Jack :"I'm sure she won't mind..."

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y41/shippy_flo/SamJack/MoebiusPt2_5.jpg
(posted in url tags because of Moebius spoilers ;) )

HAPPY BIRTHDAY UBER !

Hope all your shippy dreams come true ! :)

lonely_star
June 19th, 2005, 02:32 AM

mwa....I Love Birthdays!! :D :p

http://bestsmileys.com/birthday1/2.gif[http://bestsmileys.com/birthday1/2.gif[http://bestsmileys.com/birthday1/2.gif

HAPPY BIRTHDAY UBER !

Lord Zedd
June 19th, 2005, 02:48 AM
MALA: "You are close to Colonel O'Neill..."

CARTER: "Yeah...I like to think we have a special relationship."

MALA: "I hope to, someday, have a special relationship..."

CARTER: "Oh! No, no...it's not like that..."

MALA: "Like what?"

CARTER: (fumbles for words) "W...ye...we aren't, you know, I mean, we don't..."

MALA: "I was speaking of the mutual respect you share."

CARTER: "I knew that..." (She clears her throat.)

This scene in Birthright reminds me of the questioning in Heroes. Sam is clearly uncomfortable and it just goes to show that there is something there. If it had been Daniel, like in "Fallen" when he asks her if there had ever been anything between them, she would have calmly dismissed it without getting all flustered.... but not when it refers to Jack. :)

right I remember that Sam's face was gold !! :p :p

Lord Zedd
June 19th, 2005, 02:49 AM
mwa....I Love Birthdays!! :D :p

http://bestsmileys.com/birthday1/2.gif[http://bestsmileys.com/birthday1/2.gif[http://bestsmileys.com/birthday1/2.gif

HAPPY BIRTHDAY UBER !
Uber congratualtions !!!!!!! happy birthday please get some jello out of the fridge and lets relive all the jack and sam moments with all of our shippers. :p

girlgater
June 19th, 2005, 04:34 AM
Happy Birthday Uber!!

Hope you have a great one!

Lord Zedd
June 19th, 2005, 06:18 AM
Ahhhh... there she is... blushing... Major Samantha Carter...
Ohh, and the moment with Daniel running, just to see them following him... hillarious!!!

STARGATE IS THE BEST SHOW EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Yeah that was indeed a funny scene :p :p and yes stargate is the best show ever :p

Lord Zedd
June 19th, 2005, 06:21 AM
I was wondering when here at gateworld there is a stargate day.You see we at our forum organize the 5th of July a Stargate Day and then all members come online and post a lot away. We plan on to relive all Jack and Sam moments on every episode together. All shippers here can come and join if they want :p but I wonder why isn't such a thing here at gateworld?

dipsofjazz
June 19th, 2005, 06:54 AM
I was wondering when here at gateworld there is a stargate day.You see we at our forum organize the 5th of July a Stargate Day and then all members come online and post a lot away. We plan on to relive all Jack and Sam moments on every episode together. All shippers here can come and join if they want :p but I wonder why isn't such a thing here at gateworld?
:D We don't have a Stargate Day as such, but we do have the annual shipper day. Last years 2nd Annual Shipper Day (http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=2698&highlight=annual+ship) was a great success, and I, for one, am looking forward to this years extravaganza! :D

dipsofjazz
June 19th, 2005, 06:55 AM
:o Sorry, I forgot to mention that Ship Day is on July 28th. :p

ShimmeringStar
June 19th, 2005, 07:02 AM
*grins*

Possibly because every day is Stargate Day around here? :rolleyes: :D :p

But even so... July 5th probably wouldn't be so hot for any event like that here in the States with July 4th being Independence Day. That's right smack in the middle of the time many people & families are taking their summer vacation. (This week through the 2nd week of July will be like ghosttowns in many offices.... and explains why many threads on the board are slowing down as we're all disappearing to take our RL breaks...)

shipper hannah
June 19th, 2005, 07:04 AM
We don't have a Stargate Day as such, but we do have the annual shipper day. Last years 2nd Annual Shipper Day was a great success, and I, for one, am looking forward to this years extravaganza!
how come divide and conquer and window of opportunity were'nt on the poll? :eek: they've gotta be the shippiest eps!

dipsofjazz
June 19th, 2005, 07:12 AM
how come divide and conquer and window of opportunity were'nt on the poll? :eek: they've gotta be the shippiest eps!
:D Well, if you read the opening post of the annual ship day that is explained. :D

shipper hannah
June 19th, 2005, 07:15 AM
:D Well, if you read the opening post of the annual ship day that is explained. :D
oh right yeah sorry :o

dipsofjazz
June 19th, 2005, 07:38 AM
oh right yeah sorry :o
:D No need to be sorry. :p We would NEVER miss out those episodes...they're just far too shippy! Of course, now we can add some of the episodes from Season 8 to that list. :D

meimei
June 19th, 2005, 09:30 AM
Temptation (http://home.earthlink.net/~shiawmeimei/id129.html)

Another Jack and Sam fic...

It is shippy so beware.

Rated NC17 for sexual content.

(Yes, some of it qualifies as "TMI")

*very big evil grin*

When temptation becomes too much to bear, they break.

Added 06/19/05

Spoilers through early season eight.

Special thanks to Tame for betaing this quickly in spite of her other obligations... Real life is such a pain!

Uber
June 19th, 2005, 10:23 AM
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y41/shippy_flo/SamJack/4.jpg
Sam : "Jack, it's Uber's birthday and we don't have any gift for her !"
Jack : "What about a kiss ?
Sam : "Again ? Not that I'd complain..."
Jack :"I'm sure she won't mind..."

HAPPY BIRTHDAY UBER !

Hope all your shippy dreams come true ! :) Thanks so much to everyone who's saying Happy Birthday! You know, so far 32 is amazingly similar to 31...but I digress...

I was giving thought earlier to how my interest in the show started and what made me a shipper and a Sam fan.

Initially I was drawn to the show because of RDA. The first ep I ever saw which was in syndication...In the Line of Duty...and the first FIRST RUN ep I ever saw on Showtime was Upgrades. So pretty much from the start of my SG-1 viewing experience, I was exposed to the shippy aspects of the show (although I'll confess now that while watching ITLOD, I had gotten a sense there was something between Daniel and Sam...but give me a break it was my first ep)...

So, RDA drew me to the show, the great story lines and the shippy undertones kept me watching...Now with RDA leaving *sob* I've glommed onto the remaining half of the ship, Sam, who I've come to really know and admire thanks ironically enough, to less and less RDA!

I'm still pulling for some sort of real, honest to goodness on screen acknowledgement of what I already know is true in my heart...that they complete each other and that there's no one else for either of them.

But until then, we have our imaginations...and while I'm working on my super secret ship project, I'll resurrect one from a while back...

"Of all the military bases in all the towns in all the world, she walks into mine..."

http://www.powerpromoz.com/stargate/casablanca_sj_small.jpg
"Here's lookin' at you, kid..."

:cool: :cool: :cool:

sg-1fanintn
June 19th, 2005, 10:44 AM
Oh my.... :S

My wonderful hubby just flipped a channel and this episode is on Fox11! RIGHT NOW!!! What a coincidence... I will see a blushing/nervous Sam (sort of) in a few minutes... :D :D :D

Glad you got to see it too.....but it wasn't really a coincidence. Heroes, Pt. 1 is the ep that's running in syndication this weekend. I was watching it when the "obscure shippy moment" question was posed to us.....tee-hee! Sam was so struggling to find the correct words! And she got more and more nervous as she realized Bregman could see right through her professional facade!

dannyluver
June 19th, 2005, 10:45 AM
MAN! I'M GONNA MISS SHIP DAY! THAT REALLY SUCKS! well, an early shout out to all of my fellow sam/jack shippers!!! hoorah for imaginary shipper moments!!!!

sg-1fanintn
June 19th, 2005, 11:37 AM
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y128/newsgoddess/Threads_128CR.jpg

SAM: I wish we could have been in Tennessee for Uber's 32nd birthday.

JACK: Yes....well.....let's not dwell. I think she would be pleased at where we are, though.

SAM: I can only think of one thing that would make her happier.....

JACK: Well.....now that you mention it.....let's go.....inside.

SAM: Holy Hannah! Ok......

Happy Birthday, Uber!

gatebee
June 19th, 2005, 11:39 AM
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y128/newsgoddess/Threads_128CR.jpg
SAM: I wish we could have been in Tennessee for Uber's 32nd birthday.
JACK: Yes....well.....let's not dwell. I think she would be pleased at where we are, though.
SAM: I can only think of one thing that would make her happier.....
JACK: Well.....now that you mention it.....let's go.....inside.
SAM: Holy Hannah! Ok......
Happy Birthday, Uber!
that is awesome ..... best birthday for Uber indeed

gatebee
June 19th, 2005, 11:42 AM
MAN! I'M GONNA MISS SHIP DAY! THAT REALLY SUCKS! well, an early shout out to all of my fellow sam/jack shippers!!! hoorah for imaginary shipper moments!!!!
ya, it is getting me sad too .... no more shipper's day .... we must all live with our dreams for our Sam and Jack to go forward
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v205/FilBrit1/deadcb96.jpg
pic fr myrth

Sam_o_Neill
June 19th, 2005, 11:56 AM
Hey everyone!!!!

Just took a break from revising to come in and say..

Happy Birthday Uber!!!!!!!
:D:D:D:D:D:D

I hope you have had a lovely day!! :D

P.s. I just thought, I am going to my school prom on ship day! What a way for me to celebrate!..... Although I would prefer to be on here with you guys all night!

I'll probably be back on Wednesday afer my LAST EXAM!!!! :D:P:D:P:D

gatebee
June 19th, 2005, 11:58 AM
Thanks so much to everyone who's saying Happy Birthday!

"Of all the military bases in all the towns in all the world, she walks into mine..."

wow Uber that pic is sooo great

Lord Zedd
June 19th, 2005, 12:10 PM
"Here's lookin' at you, kid..." [/CENTER]

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: Great picture !!!!! how did you do that? :cool:

Lord Zedd
June 19th, 2005, 12:11 PM
Sam O'Neill you are back (((Sam O'Neill)) I missed you. AI we all missed you but I was wondering where you were :D Glad yo uare back. You'll stay right?

Uber
June 19th, 2005, 12:45 PM
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: Great picture !!!!! how did you do that? :cool:
Lots and lots and lots of time.

And work.

And did I mention time?

Uber
June 19th, 2005, 12:58 PM
Thanks so much to everyone who's saying Happy Birthday! You know, so far 32 is amazingly similar to 31...but I digress...

I was giving thought earlier to how my interest in the show started and what made me a shipper and a Sam fan.

Initially I was drawn to the show because of RDA. The first ep I ever saw which was in syndication...In the Line of Duty...and the first FIRST RUN ep I ever saw on Showtime was Upgrades. So pretty much from the start of my SG-1 viewing experience, I was exposed to the shippy aspects of the show (although I'll confess now that while watching ITLOD, I had gotten a sense there was something between Daniel and Sam...but give me a break it was my first ep)...

So, RDA drew me to the show, the great story lines and the shippy undertones kept me watching...Now with RDA leaving *sob* I've glommed onto the remaining half of the ship, Sam, who I've come to really know and admire thanks ironically enough, to less and less RDA!

I'm still pulling for some sort of real, honest to goodness on screen acknowledgement of what I already know is true in my heart...that they complete each other and that there's no one else for either of them.

But until then, we have our imaginations...and while I'm working on my super secret ship project, I'll resurrect one from a while back...

Whoops...a friend reminded me about forum rules regarding manips...

So I beg birthday indulgences just this once...I mean, I'm getting up there in age now...so cut an aging shipper a little slack this one time...

:o

gatebee
June 19th, 2005, 01:02 PM

So I beg birthday indulgences just this once...I mean, I'm getting up there in age now...so cut an aging shipper a little slack this one time...

aging never happen .... you are as young as you feel Uber

dannyluver
June 19th, 2005, 01:33 PM
Don't think about age! It's a wonderful picture! I love it! We're all aged shippers at heart...

meimei
June 19th, 2005, 01:54 PM
Happy Birthday, ÜberSG-1Fan!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v382/shiawmeimei/MeiMeiSG1Caps/619TheChanglingBreakfastWithTheONeills2.jpg

The O'Neill's are bringing the cake...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v382/shiawmeimei/bday4.gif

As one that is far older than you, trust me, age is simply a state of mind!

Silver
June 19th, 2005, 02:04 PM
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, Uber! :D :) :D :) Hope you've had a sparkling day!

Aaah, *revels in the (above) image of Sam and Jack from Threads*

By the way, if anyone's interested in reading my stand-alone shippy fic, here's the link: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2444417/1/ Okay, yes--I know that's an unbelievably shameless plug... :P

dannyluver
June 19th, 2005, 02:04 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v229/dannyluver/23_29_1221.gif

I forgot to wish Uber a happy birthday! Hoorah! I always use an excuse to PAAAAARTAAAAAAE!!!!! WOOOOOT!

MajorSam
June 19th, 2005, 02:07 PM
HAPPY BIRTHDAY UBEEEEEEEEEEER

Can I get a HAPPY BIRTHDAAAAAAY!?!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v626/MajorSam/watwasthat.jpg
*What, I didn't heeeeaaaar youuuu*

Happy Birthday toooooo youuuuuu
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v626/MajorSam/singing.bmp

Hey, i'm not THAT bad!!! Go away party pooper!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v626/MajorSam/715-ATscene964.jpg

Where were we???

Ah, Rite!!!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v626/MajorSam/4oooooh.jpg
Happy BIIIIIRTHDAAAAAAY DEAAAAAAR UUUUUUUUBBBBBBEEEEEEER HAPPY BIRTHDAAAAAAY TOOOOOOO YOUUUUUUU

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v626/MajorSam/J-crazyshipper.jpg
Wow, Sam, you're such an amazing singer, I just can't keep away from you!!!!!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v626/MajorSam/20-Moebius2-52.jpg
Oh... what... Birthday!? UBER!?!?

Well we can CELEBRATE TOGETHER!!!!!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v626/MajorSam/justmarried2.jpg

Unless of course you'd like to have something "special" for your birthday ;);)
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v626/MajorSam/richard_dean_anderson_2.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v626/MajorSam/ah.jpg

Ah... *hehe* I mean... um... *cough*... GOTTA GO!!!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v626/MajorSam/088exo04.jpg

But WE'RE free ;);)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v626/MajorSam/JOE.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v626/MajorSam/ATL04MG_0190BA.jpg

Lord Zedd
June 19th, 2005, 02:09 PM
Lots and lots and lots of time.

And work.

And did I mention time?

yes you mentioned it :p I must say: nicely done !!! cheers to Uber SG.1fan

dipsofjazz
June 19th, 2005, 02:31 PM
As one that is far older than you, trust me, age is simply a state of mind![/center]
:D And as one older than you, all I can say is...indeed! :D

gatebee
June 19th, 2005, 02:43 PM
:D And as one older than you, all I can say is...indeed! :D
me also I believe older than meimei and dips .... age is but a number ... the heart grows on and the mind is very willing

dannyluver
June 19th, 2005, 04:08 PM
Who cares about age as long as all the shippers are together! HIP, HIP, HOORAY! HIP, HIP, HOORAY!!!!!!!!!! Okay, guys, that'll do...

Catysg1
June 19th, 2005, 04:17 PM
http://www.clicksmilies.com/s0105/linie/smiley-linie-001.gif

Happy Birthday Uber

http://www.angelfire.com/space2/sci-fi/SJBeachglasses2.jpg

What Sam and Jack are up to between season 8 and season 9 :)

http://www.angelfire.com/space2/sci-fi/SJJacuzzi4.jpg

http://www.angelfire.com/magic/le_monde_perdu/SJSunfire2.jpg

From Caty

dannyluver
June 19th, 2005, 04:20 PM

Happy Birthday Uber

http://www.angelfire.com/space2/sci-fi/SJBeachglasses2.jpg

What Sam and Jack are up to between season 8 and season 9 :)

http://www.angelfire.com/space2/sci-fi/SJJacuzzi4.jpg

http://www.angelfire.com/magic/le_monde_perdu/SJSunfire2.jpg

From Caty

very, very nice...

Catysg1
June 19th, 2005, 04:32 PM
More for Uber's birthday

Sam and Jack on HoneyMoon ;)

http://www.angelfire.com/space2/sci-fi/SJBalcony2.jpg

http://www.angelfire.com/space2/sci-fi/SJPicnic1.jpg

http://www.angelfire.com/space2/sci-fi/SJpinic3.jpg

http://www.angelfire.com/space2/sci-fi/SJFoodtable5.jpg

http://www.angelfire.com/space2/sci-fi/SJBike1.jpg

http://www.angelfire.com/space2/sci-fi/SJDressinggown2.jpg

Caty :) :) :)

nell
June 19th, 2005, 04:33 PM
:D HAPPY BIRTHDAY, UBER :D on this 26TH DAY UNTIL Season 9 Premiere!!!!

sg-1fanintn
June 19th, 2005, 04:52 PM

You can't be old, Uber! Because if you are, it makes some of us.......well.....ancient! So trust me, you're not "getting up there." Not yet!

Uber
June 19th, 2005, 04:53 PM
More for Uber's birthday

Sam and Jack on HoneyMoon ;)

http://www.angelfire.com/space2/sci-fi/SJBalcony2.jpg

http://www.angelfire.com/space2/sci-fi/SJPicnic1.jpg

http://www.angelfire.com/space2/sci-fi/SJpinic3.jpg

http://www.angelfire.com/space2/sci-fi/SJFoodtable5.jpg

http://www.angelfire.com/space2/sci-fi/SJBike1.jpg

http://www.angelfire.com/space2/sci-fi/SJDressinggown2.jpg

Caty :) :) :)
*sniff*

not ONE of my family members have called me yet. major bummer.

what would i do without my shipper fam?

Cassie
June 19th, 2005, 04:58 PM
Happy Birthday Uber!!!!!!!
:DHope you have a great day:D

LOL4JACK
June 19th, 2005, 05:04 PM
Hiya, just popped in to say....

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y219/cmb1009/PDVD_395.jpg

Jack: Happy Birthday Uber (((((((hugs)))))))

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y219/cmb1009/PDVD_383.jpg

Sam: Happy Birthday WHO?????

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y219/cmb1009/PDVD_368.jpg

Jack: You know Sam, Mary Beth, don't be jealous... she sent you all the Blue Jello :D

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y219/cmb1009/PDVD_367.jpg

Sam: Ah, OK, if it's Mary Beth, then no problem :D

Happy Birthday!!!!!!!!!

majorsal
June 19th, 2005, 05:31 PM
I totally believe that Sam always knew that there was more than a professional "item" between them. But Sam needed more input from Jack before she could move forward on her feelings ....

you know, gatebee, that's very insightful of you and definite yes from me.

majorsal
June 19th, 2005, 05:45 PM

i LOVE that line i bolded! and part of that 'affliction' is because she's spent so much time trying to deny it from her soul.

through the years, we've watched them go from attraction to enchantment to love to being in love... all the while both trying to deny that the other's getting so deep under their skin. i totally believe that sam and jack are soul mates. i think 'threads' showed that more than anything.

(edited to add: i just realize you wrote affected, not afflicted... :o )

Uber
June 19th, 2005, 05:46 PM
you know, gatebee, that's very insightful of you and definite yes from me.

Well like in THREADS....

Sam had reached a watershed moment. When confronted with the reality of 'til death do us part' in the form of that house, she realized she couldn't put off the discussion any longer.

She said in Jack's back yard that she was sitting in her car outside his house for 10 minutes trying to build up the courage to talk to him...and that actually she's been trying to work up the nerve for a lot longer than that.

Why? What was it that was stopping her...a seasoned military officer...from confronting the issue of her feelings dead on? She's not a coward...so it must have been something other than fear that held her back.

And my feeling is that that SOMETHING had to do with the fact that she knew that conversation would mean signficant changes for her, one way or the other...that if he didn't share her feelings, she'd have to learn with the knowledge that she opened herself up to him...and if he DID share her feelings, their career situation would probably have to be modified, with one or both of them either retiring or leaving that chain of command...

But she realized that she needed that moment to happen. She needed to know one way or the other...and let the chips fall where they may.

majorsal
June 19th, 2005, 06:14 PM
Well like in THREADS....

Sam had reached a watershed moment. When confronted with the reality of 'til death do us part' in the form of that house, she realized she couldn't put off the discussion any longer.

She said in Jack's back yard that she was sitting in her car outside his house for 10 minutes trying to build up the courage to talk to him...and that actually she's been trying to work up the nerve for a lot longer than that.

Why? What was it that was stopping her...a seasoned military officer...from confronting the issue of her feelings dead on? She's not a coward...so it must have been something other than fear that held her back.

And my feeling is that that SOMETHING had to do with the fact that she knew that conversation would mean signficant changes for her, one way or the other...that if he didn't share her feelings, she'd have to learn with the knowledge that she opened herself up to him...and if he DID share her feelings, their career situation would probably have to be modified, with one or both of them either retiring or leaving that chain of command...

But she realized that she needed that moment to happen. She needed to know one way or the other...and let the chips fall where they may.

totally agree, uber. :) :D

sg-1fanintn
June 19th, 2005, 06:41 PM
I loved Sam going on about 'potential' and 'allow' and all the time you just know she's covering. Her denial, insistance on keeping things 'the way they're supposed to be' I think that's one of Carter's greatest strengths. But then we also see later the way she's been affected by Jack. To the point where she'll admit to a certain amount of weakness, allow herself a certain amount of comfort and human contact with the man she's trying to be 'profesional' with. That's one of my favorite things about Heroes. Everyone is so well rounded, multi-dimensional, you see so much of them. And you see Sam and Jack's need for each other despite thier need to maintain a certain distance, they've also found a place where they can let down the barriers from time to time and really be together like that.

through the years, we've watched them go from attraction to enchantment to love to being in love... all the while both trying to deny that the other's getting so deep under their skin. i totally believe that sam and jack are soul mates. i think 'threads' showed that more than anything.

Well like in THREADS....

My.....what a deep discussion for a pleasant Sunday evening! But I agree with what all of you have said.....and you've said it so well! And as much as Sam & Jack each felt the other cared, they put off getting confirmation. It was partly because it would change their ability to work together each day (and could jeopardize the planet's safety).....and partly because neither could imagine not being part of the SGC. But with the combination of :eek: , Kerry and :eek: 's purchase of the house, they both realized they couldn't wait to "bring it out of the room" any longer. And Jacob's death was thrown in to keep what should have been joyous moment for them from being fully expressed as they would have otherwise expressed and celebrated it.