PDA

View Full Version : Sam Carter/Jack O'Neill Ship Appreciation Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57

blueiris
June 3rd, 2005, 06:49 AM
Re: Favorite Shippy Moment

That's a tough question - but a fun one. :) This is the moment that first came to mind for me. I think it's because there's absoloutely no question as to the depth of his feelings. You can like someone or have a crush on them or just have the hots for them or whatever, but you don't volunteer to end your life as you know it unless you LOVE them more than life itself.

For me, that scene revealed even more than the "a lot more than I'm supposed to" scene. :)
Absolutely, sugarshaker. There was just no "take it either way" to it. It was.
Short of having them show up in season 9, embracing in a "this reality" kiss and declaring their love (not in a dream), and never taking it back by the end of the shows run, or reversing it in any following movies, I don't see anything replacing this episodes's scenes as my favorite.
*Did I cover all of the "implied" possibilities.*

sg-1fanintn
June 3rd, 2005, 07:34 AM
Absolutely, sugarshaker. There was just no "take it either way" to it. It was.

Absolutely! From then on, the dye was definitely cast!

Short of having them show up in season 9, embracing in a "this reality" kiss and declaring their love (not in a dream), and never taking it back by the end of the shows run, or reversing it in any following movies, I don't see anything replacing this episodes's scenes as my favorite.
*Did I cover all of the "implied" possibilities.*

And I love your implications! Just wish we could see some of them on-screen!

blueiris
June 3rd, 2005, 09:02 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v474/mkmoulder/Stargate/PDVD_003.jpg

Speaking of Season 7. This is a pic from Space Race. I want to know where the heck is Jack? Poor man, everytime she is decked out in leather the guy is somewhere else.
Sam and Jack definately need to go for a ride together. :rolleyes: ;)

melpomene
June 3rd, 2005, 09:18 AM
Okay here's the link to my very first shippy vid. Please watch it an tell me what you think! :)

My Heart Will Go On (http://s28.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=0EDGCH7O81USN1OY1Q7A7NY0WS)

waterfall
June 3rd, 2005, 10:26 AM
Re: Favorite Shippy Moment

That's a tough question - but a fun one. :) This is the moment that first came to mind for me. I think it's because there's absoloutely no question as to the depth of his feelings. You can like someone or have a crush on them or just have the hots for them or whatever, but you don't volunteer to end your life as you know it unless you LOVE them more than life itself.

For me, that scene revealed even more than the "a lot more than I'm supposed to" scene. :)

I agree too!!!
I think it shows the depth of his feelings for her, that he would be willing to die to save her.

waterfall

PS: I have more to post later, but I have to go clean my carpets now. :S

sugarshaker
June 3rd, 2005, 11:06 AM
I agree too!!!
I think it shows the depth of his feelings for her, that he would be willing to die to save her.

waterfall

Waterfall! Long time no see. :D Glad you're back.

gatebee
June 3rd, 2005, 11:45 AM
Okay here's the link to my very first shippy vid. Please watch it an tell me what you think! :)

My Heart Will Go On (http://s28.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=0EDGCH7O81USN1OY1Q7A7NY0WS)
((((((( Mel )))))))) tried watching your vid but would not allow me

gatebee
June 3rd, 2005, 11:49 AM
Hello Shippers...

For those of you who may not already know, thus far this year Amanda has won a Leo and a Saturn award for her performances this year as Sam on Stargate Sg-1. However she has also been nominated for a SyFy Genre Award. This particular award, unlike the other two are based upon fan voting and not that of her peers. The voting lasts for 30 days and each person can vote once a day. They are getting really close to the end of the voting process, but every vote counts in the end. So whether you have voted every day for 30 days or you just vote once, it's one step closer to Amanda winning the award.

I would truly love to see Amanda win three in a row. This would be our way of letting her know how much we loved her performance in Threads (even if the writers couldn't give us the resolution we really wanted). So if you haven't already done so, please take a moment out of your day to cast your vote for her.

http://www.syfyportal.com/genre-awards/2005/index.php

Thanks again,
Kat
love you new sig

gatebee
June 3rd, 2005, 12:04 PM
I agree too!!!

waterfall

PS: I have more to post later, but I have to go clean my carpets now. :S
waves to Waterfall from south of Florida

gatebee
June 3rd, 2005, 12:09 PM
Heads up - http://www.nowplayingmag.com/content/view/1635/2/

SOMEONE BUY THAT MAGAZINE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thanks SueKay.....what worries me is if he takes up the offers in LA...what of our Sam and Jack.....I do totally understand his desire to stay in LA.....TPTB should just do one ep of Sam and Jack and give us our BIG HONKING KISS in a wedding perhaps

gatebee
June 3rd, 2005, 12:15 PM
Here are the photos I promised you I'd post when I got home tonight. They're off-camera (AT & RDA horsing around) during the filming of Death Knell, and the kiss that didn't make it on air. I apologize in advance to whoever I lifted them from. I honestly don't remember, and when I do save shippy photos, it's just so I can go back and sigh over them, :p :o so no harm intended!
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y128/newsgoddess/BYGJS_004.jpg
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y128/newsgoddess/BYGJS_005.jpg
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y128/newsgoddess/BTSDeathKnellT2.jpg
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y128/newsgoddess/normal_deathknelldirectors4.jpg
Happy ship!
Thanks for posting such lovely pics of our Sam and Jack....

Grace O'Neill
June 3rd, 2005, 01:36 PM
As lots of you named D&C as your no 1 shippy moment (no 2 for me :) ) anyone want to take a stab at this? I'm really interested to hear your opinions (hence shamelessy plugging the question again :p )

Originally Posted by Oma-1
Watching Urgo today made me think about Upgrades/D&C - the link being Urgo's suggestions and the virus mind altering properties.

If I remember correctly, the virus basically lowered their self-control / inhibitions, hence the disregarding orders. I wondered if we would have had the look if it weren't for the virus from the armbands. I know the armbands had already fallen off, but wouldn't the effects linger for a while?

Just to play devil's advocate for mo ....I don't think Jack would have left Sam behind, but equally, without the effect of the armbands, would they have shared their feelings for each other with the look, or would they have kept it more professional?

Hmmm... That's a very complicated question. :S

Me thinks that virus had nothing to do with their emotions. Because if it did, they would have probably got rid of Daniel and Teal'c and jumped each other ;) (before the mission). Also, that whole scene after the armbands fell off was quite long. First Jack was trying to work on the controls of the force shield. He did it very calmly. And she was very calm as well. The more time it took, the more agressive/desperate he became. They only started getting very emotional as they realized that the explosives will go off soon and after hearing Jaffa approching. Sam's suggestion to leave her took Jack over the edge, hence the most shippiest moment in history ;) :D. I wonder what would have happened if she never said those words. How would he behaved then? I don't think we would have that passionate look.

So, in conclusion :), I think something like that could have totally happened with no virus involved.

An Ancient
June 3rd, 2005, 02:20 PM
I'm about to make a reasonable length S/J ship video, can anyone provide me with a short rundown of 'obligatory' scenes I must include, and also a (seperate) list of scenes that are particular favourites (and thus need to go in key places)?

Thanks.

Oma-1
June 3rd, 2005, 02:43 PM
I saw a clip from Disclosure today and this little image popped into my head. It made me giggle so I had to go for it. :p

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v685/Oma-1/weddingthor.png

Thor: O'Neill, I believe it is my turn to kiss the bride

Verona
June 3rd, 2005, 02:48 PM
I'm about to make a reasonable length S/J ship video, can anyone provide me with a short rundown of 'obligatory' scenes I must include, and also a (seperate) list of scenes that are particular favourites (and thus need to go in key places)?

Thanks.
In my case the cabin scene in 2010 is a must its hot.

waterfall
June 3rd, 2005, 03:38 PM
Waterfall! Long time no see. :D Glad you're back.

Thank you!!........aahhhhh.....it's so nice to be missed!!! :D
There are so many new people on this thread some probably don't know who I am.
Hi, I'm waterfall, a S/J shipper from wayyyyyyy back!!!
RL lately has made me more of a lurker and not much of a poster.

As promised, another post today from yours truly.

I re-watched "Threads" again and can I just say "gawd, I just love Jacob"!!!

especially in the briefing room scene when they were discussing "the weapon" had to be destroyed.
When Sam got the "urgent" phone call Jacob was watching Jack watch Sam then looks at her and back to Jack and then he chuckles to himself!!(YES, he does!!watch it again!!!)
Then he made sure to say aloud where she was supposed to be that morning,calling Sam on the fact that she was using work to avoid "you know who"!!!
tee hee!!!!! You know she was avoiding the spud 'cuz why else would she be there that early in the morning (Sam called Jack that morning you know) just hoping that *something* would come up so she didn't have to go!!
I'm just really curious how many times she played the "I have important work to do" exuse just to avoid Spud????
Oh!!! And another thing about "Threads"

IMO, when she desribed to spud about "the house she always wanted" you know she was talking about Jack's house, from the stone and wood facade and huge wooded back yard, right down to the yellow kitchen!
Yes fellow shippers, as seen in "Citizen Joe", Jack has a yellow kitchen!!!

;) :D

waterfall

dipsofjazz
June 3rd, 2005, 03:43 PM
(((((((((((((Waterfall))))))))))))

:D Welcome back to the family. :D

sierragulf_gurl_23
June 3rd, 2005, 04:00 PM
Originally Posted by ST-1
Back to ShipTalk...this has probably been discussed before, but if so, it bears repeating....

What, in your opinion, is the single shippiest moment out of all 8 seasons?

For me, it was the SPOILERS (Highlight below to read):
Heroes, Part II hug! The way Jack turns his face into Sam's neck is something that sends shivers up my spine every time I watch it! For all we know, he could be kissing her. And the way she sighs and closes her eyes, you know there's no place she'd rather be. Uh-huh. Ship's a-sailin', right there.

My fave ship moment would be.....ALL OF THEM! Just Kidding...this is hard...probably
1) Beneath the Surface:the Feelings scene makes me giddy
S
P
O
I
L
E
R
S
A
H
E
A
D
S
E
A
S
O
N
&
8 :D
2) the Heroes hug.so passionate and heartfelt...
3) Threads: the Always moment
4){in AU time,granted but still...}when Jack says Sam is HOT.Priceless.
For everything else there's Masterca...Never mind. :p
Laura

ps. I'm may not b albe to write 4 a while since the ENTIRE houshold is sick except me so I have to play nurse to everybody. I'll c if I can convince them to let me feed them Jello. It always makes me feel better...

sierragulf_gurl_23
June 3rd, 2005, 04:08 PM
Thank you!!........aahhhhh.....it's so nice to be missed!!! :D
There are so many new people on this thread some probably don't know who I am.
Hi, I'm waterfall, a S/J shipper from wayyyyyyy back!!!
RL lately has made me more of a lurker and not much of a poster.

As promised, another post today from yours truly.

especially in the briefing room scene when they were discussing "the weapon" had to be destroyed.
When Sam got the "urgent" phone call Jacob was watching Jack watch Sam then looks at her and back to Jack and then he chuckles to himself!!(YES, he does!!watch it again!!!)
Then he made sure to say aloud where she was supposed to be that morning,calling Sam on the fact that she was using work to avoid "you know who"!!!
tee hee!!!!! You know she was avoiding the spud 'cuz why else would she be there that early in the morning (Sam called Jack that morning you know) just hoping that *something* would come up so she didn't have to go!!
I'm just really curious how many times she played the "I have important work to do" exuse just to avoid Spud????

IMO, when she desribed to spud about "the house she always wanted" you know she was talking about Jack's house, from the stone and wood facade and huge wooded back yard, right down to the yellow kitchen!

waterfall
Welcome back Waterfall
you may not know me. I'm Laura or just call me sgg23.Hope you like Jello as much as I do!
I totally and completely agree with you. Jacob was awesome so darn sad when he passedI HAVE 2 watch Threads and look for what your saying.
have shippy dreams and wishes
sgg23

Cassie
June 3rd, 2005, 04:51 PM
First of Welcome back Waterfall!!!!
(((((((((Waterfall)))))))))

Wow, with Heroes, D&C and Lost City...it's hard to choose any one moment. It's like choosing a best time of your life.
Yep those are my top 3 ;)

no.1 has to be though D&C-the whole confession eekkkkk!!!! Did anyone else notice that Sam seemed to be more relax after he finally came out to say he "cared about her a lot more than he's supposed to" *sigh*

no.2 Heroes the hug! :D
no.3 Lost City Sam saying JACK!

nell
June 3rd, 2005, 04:59 PM
Thanks all for the tips on what are the bestest scenes!

I just went to Threads and what word did Jack say after Carter called him at home about trouble. He replied to her that he'd be right in. He hung up and said "crap." Then he woke up as if to think 'OMG I'm in bed with [her] and then he said what? :S It was an unintelligible word. But, I gotta know what it is. Help! :o

melpomene
June 3rd, 2005, 05:26 PM
((((((( Mel )))))))) tried watching your vid but would not allow me

What happened -or didn't happen- when you clicked on it?

waterfall
June 3rd, 2005, 06:40 PM
Thanks all for the tips on what are the bestest scenes!

I just went to Threads and what word did Jack say after Carter called him at home about trouble. He replied to her that he'd be right in. He hung up and said "crap." Then he woke up as if to think 'OMG I'm in bed with [her] and then he said what? :S It was an unintelligible word. But, I gotta know what it is. Help! :o

Hew didn't say anything, he just sucked in a breath.

waterfall

nell
June 3rd, 2005, 07:01 PM
Hew didn't say anything, he just sucked in a breath.

waterfall

Oh, thanks! :)

majorsal
June 3rd, 2005, 07:06 PM

wow, i missed that! now i'll *have* to go watch that ep again... :p (i've only watched it once, waiting for a true dry spell *like the first five sam-less eps* before pulling out the big shippy guns :p)

sally :D

madaline_7
June 3rd, 2005, 07:19 PM
I felt slightly betryed at the end of M2. But, at least we had a taste.

Oma-1
June 3rd, 2005, 08:17 PM
Oooh! A new shipper :D

http://bestsmileys.com/welcome/16.gif

Hope you enjoy the thread. Don't be shy and post LOTS!

I felt M2 was a bit a let down too, but at least they threw us a bone and sent them FISHING! No realbig honking kiss or anything though - they save those for AU :rolleyes:

SamCarterONeill
June 3rd, 2005, 09:01 PM
I felt M2 was a bit a let down too, but at least they threw us a bone and sent them FISHING! No realbig honking kiss or anything though - they save those for AU :rolleyes:

And the AU was GOOD !!! so it all worked out..... sort of. :rolleyes: i tried!

Oma-1
June 3rd, 2005, 09:42 PM
And the AU was GOOD !!! so it all worked out..... sort of. :rolleyes: i tried!
And valiant effort it was too :)

And M2 did inspire some great ff! Check this one out - it's my fave Moebius fic - I think you'll all see why ;)

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2415037/1/

There's a link in the story to a picture of the drawing - I'll post it here cos it's a bit awkward cos ff.net doesn't let you link directly.

http://home.tiscali.nl/artparka/Stargate/Ancienthistory.html

The drawing's a marvel all in itself, even without the translation. I love Jack with his P90 :D

Oma-1
June 4th, 2005, 01:08 AM
I noticed Joe was on the thread answering questions (no shippy ones this time - yet) and just couldn't resist asking the Ancient translation question from Lost City. Now I'm gonna be on tenterhooks waiting to see if he answers :p

the question (http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost.php?p=4281027&postcount=1206)

lonely_star
June 4th, 2005, 01:45 AM

WELCOME!!!

have fun and post a lot! ;)

lonely_star
June 4th, 2005, 01:47 AM

wow !! really ?? got to watch that again !!! thanks!!! :D ;)

lonely_star
June 4th, 2005, 01:51 AM

yep didn't work for me either

we arrive here :http://www.yousendit.com/blocked.aspx and not at the page beginning by s28 or something like that so I assume it's a personnal page and we can't go in because...well we're not you :p

I'm looking forward seeing it, so I hope you an find a solution quickly ;)

lonely_star
June 4th, 2005, 01:54 AM

And M2 did inspire some great ff! Check this one out - it's my fave Moebius fic - I think you'll all see why ;)

There's a link in the story to a picture of the drawing - I'll post it here cos it's a bit awkward cos ff.net doesn't let you link directly.

The drawing's a marvel all in itself, even without the translation. I love Jack with his P90 :D

thanks Oma ! ;) got nothing to do today so it's perfect ! ;) gonna read it now!!
personnally I was a little disapointed by M2 as a season ending but it was funny so well, I take it as it is and wait for season9, hope it's gonna be better as good as it can be without RDA and AT together...so with little ship, or allusions as JM says :o ....but still hoping for a BIG HONKIN' KISS!!! :D

lonely_star
June 4th, 2005, 01:56 AM
I noticed Joe was on the thread answering questions (no shippy ones this time - yet) and just couldn't resist asking the Ancient translation question from Lost City. Now I'm gonna be on tenterhooks waiting to see if he answers :p

the question (http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost.php?p=4281027&postcount=1206)

((((((((OMA)))))))) you rock !!!! :D ;)

I have no illusion, I'm sure he won't answer or say you shipper imagine and extrapolate too much!! :rolleyes: but they can't take HOPE from us :D :D :D

so thanks Oma!!! I'm gonna think of a shippy question for him too... ;)

lonely_star
June 4th, 2005, 02:36 AM

hehe ;) just finished it!! now I know why you like it ;) :p thanks again for the link!! :)

any news from the virtual season9 ?

BTW SueKay nice webpage ;) keep us posted on your site development!

lonely_star
June 4th, 2005, 05:52 AM
and from the same author cause I think she's a good writter here are two stories :

this one is about zero hour : http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2285630/1/

and here is the sequel : http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2288149/1/

enjoy! ;)

ses110
June 4th, 2005, 06:58 AM
Slighty OT Anyone see the spoilers for Season 9 Prototype? It seems we've already seen this episode.I also find it strange that Jack is gone and all of a sudden Daniel wants to be a tough Guy and knock someone off.I do not want to offend Shippers who want to watch Season 9 but the more spoilers I hear the more I will not miss Season 9.I also see TPTB bringing in another SciFi Star from another Show in William B Davis.I though William was Great on the X-Files but IMO it shows a lack of Faith in AT MS and CJ to carry the Show without RDA.IMO Season 9 also seems to be too Jaffa heavy.Teal'c and CM are always off doing some Jaffa thing.IMO most of the SG-1 Fans could care less about the Jaffa.IMO if Season 9 works it will be because of Fan Loyalty and not Quality of the episodes.

Wylie
June 4th, 2005, 07:29 AM
Slighty OT Anyone see the spoilers for Season 9 Prototype? It seems we've already seen this episode.I also find it strange that Jack is gone and all of a sudden Daniel wants to be a tough Guy and knock someone off.I do not want to offend Shippers who want to watch Season 9 but the more spoilers I hear the more I will not miss Season 9.I also see TPTB bringing in another SciFi Star from another Show in William B Davis.I though William was Great on the X-Files but IMO it shows a lack of Faith in AT MS and CJ to carry the Show without RDA.IMO Season 9 also seems to be too Jaffa heavy.Teal'c and CM are always off doing some Jaffa thing.IMO most of the SG-1 Fans could care less about the Jaffa.IMO if Season 9 works it will be because of Fan Loyalty and not Quality of the episodes.

You're not offending me. You wrote exactly how I feel about the whole thing... :(

Uber
June 4th, 2005, 02:00 PM
Okay...the shipper thread requires a bit of a pick-me-up...so here's a recent interview with Amanda Tapping...pay specific attention to the last question/answer...

THANK YOU MAJORSAM FOR THIS GREAT FIND!!! :D

<<Per MajorSam on the Sam's A Great Character Thread>>

Hey everyone, don't think it's been posted yet, but theres' FINALLY a new interview with Amanda!!!! It's been translated from a French mag!!! Here's the Mag Page: http://www.theamandatappingclub.net/telestar.jpg

And the Translation:

The heroine of Stargate reveils a new and wonderful adventure.

Amanda Tapping: My Miracle Baby

Soon to be 40 (28 August), Amanda Tapping savours the joy of being a mother. Satisfied with Olivia as much as with Stargte SG-1, she started shooting season 9.

TS: Your little Olivia came into your life on March 22nd. What great joy it must have been!

AT: (laughs) Exactly ! And I can't even imagine my life without her anymore ! As a matter of fact, from the moment I started shooting Stargate again, in Vancouver, I have been taking her with me.

TS: Is your husband, Alan Kovacs (married on 23 September 1994) also crazy about her?

AT: He is incredible. He is always trying to look after her. He never in his life changed a diaper, but he is a master chef at it.

TS: Is there something you wish to pass on to her?

AT: Kindness. Because the world lacks too much of it.

TS: Before Olivia you've had two miscarriages...

AT: That was very hard on me. My first miscarriage was in autumn 2002, at the end of shooting the last episode of season 7 of Stargate. The second one was shortly before I got pregnant with Olivia. I don't need to tell you that we think of our girl as our miracle baby.

TS: Do you still wish to enlarge your family in spite of what happened ?

AT: Of course! All the more so, since I grew up with 2 brothers of whom 1 my twin.

TS: To get back to Stargate, Richard Dean Anderson left the series at the end of the last season. (M6 is airing the last one he will be appearing in). Do you miss him?

AT: Yes, a lot. We all miss his humour, his jokes...

TS: Why did he leave?

AT: Because his daughter will soon turn 7 and she needs her father to be around. During the weekdays, Richard was shooting in Vancouver while spending his weekends in Los Angeles. It wasn't enough, so he decided to live full-time in California.

TS: Before Richard's departure, will the fans finally have a clear view of the love story between Jack and Samantha?

AT: Aaah no ! Anyway, while we wait for Richard's return in one or two episodes, Samantha says to those who'd want to hear it, that she isn't single... It's for you to figure it out.

===========

Another translation of that bolded segment is..."she is not unmarried"

But here is the verbatim answer in French...I'll leave it to our French shippers to give us the best translation...

Eh non! Toutefois, en attendant que Richard revienne pour un ou deux épisodes, Samantha dit à qui veut l'entendre qu'elle n'est pas célibataire...a vous de juger!

ohshocking
June 4th, 2005, 02:10 PM
TS: Before Richard's departure, will the fans finally have a clear view of the love story between Jack and Samantha?

AT: Aaah no ! Anyway, while we wait for Richard's return in one or two episodes, Samantha says to those who'd want to hear it, that she isn't single... It's for you to figure it out.
Hmmmmm... Given the choice between hearing Sam say that and having nothing, I'll definitely take that. But, well, it's pittance really after 8 years of build up. We don't get to see anything? *le sigh* It's still good news though, much better than nothing! Hmmm, and if RDA does come back for an ep (once Sam's back), at least we should see something there! :)

Thanks for posting, Uber!

gatebee
June 4th, 2005, 02:23 PM
it said it couldn't connect

gatebee
June 4th, 2005, 02:27 PM
Okay...the shipper thread requires a bit of a pick-me-up...so here's a recent interview with Amanda Tapping...pay specific attention to the last question/answer...

Hey everyone, don't think it's been posted yet, but theres' FINALLY a new interview with Amanda!!!! It's been translated from a French mag!!! Here's the Mag Page: http://www.theamandatappingclub.net/telestar.jpg

And the Translation:

===========

But here is the verbatim answer in French...I'll leave it to our French shippers to give us the best translation...

Eh non! Toutefois, en attendant que Richard revienne pour un ou deux épisodes, Samantha dit à qui veut l'entendre qu'elle n'est pas célibataire...a vous de juger!
It is very sad to hear that after 8 yrs that is all TPTB can do.

Cassie
June 4th, 2005, 02:47 PM

Welcome Madaline_7!
Have Fun and Post lots! :D

Cassie
June 4th, 2005, 02:56 PM

And the Translation:

===========

Yay that's definitely a pick me up ;)
Something to hold on to until we see what July brings. Great to hear about Amanda and the family too!

Thanks Uber and MajorSam!!!! :D

gatebee
June 4th, 2005, 02:57 PM
Madaline_7....WELCOME... pull up a chair and welcome to the ship

gatebee
June 4th, 2005, 02:59 PM
Madaline......TPTB likes to play with the shippers...get use to it. And the way it is looking now with RDA out S9, we won't be getting anything. TPTB should really have finished everything in M2 with a planned wedding and BIG HONKING KISS

JackONeill
June 4th, 2005, 04:16 PM
Ok, hopefully I don't get shot for saying this...

I'm a huge Sam/Jack shipper, but honestly, I don't want to see them run off and get married, but I deffinately don't want to see them do absolutely nothing. I think it would be good to see a kiss, and leave it at that when RDA leaves. That way whatever happens is left up to the fan's imaginations, because there would be no definate ending, and everyone (mostly) would be happy. That's just my opinion.

majorsal
June 4th, 2005, 04:23 PM

(snippage)

===========

HOLY SHIPPER COOKIES!!! :D :D :D

sally :D :D :D

majorsal
June 4th, 2005, 04:34 PM

I'm a huge Sam/Jack shipper, but honestly, I don't want to see them run off and get married, but I deffinately don't want to see them do absolutely nothing. I think it would be good to see a kiss, and leave it at that when RDA leaves. That way whatever happens is left up to the fan's imaginations, because there would be no definate ending, and everyone (mostly) would be happy. That's just my opinion.

i can understand your feelings. many other shippers share it with you (though i'm not one of them :p).

i, for one, want to SEE them in a relay. and i feel it's coming up! might not be soon, and then it might not be big (till the end), but things are going our way, shippers, so i'm rejoicing!!! :D :D

(it's not that i'm looking at it as the glass is half full *as opposed to half empty*, i'm looking at it as an entirely new glass! to go along with their new status of relationship:D)

JackONeill
June 4th, 2005, 04:45 PM
i can understand your feelings. many other shippers share it with you (though i'm not one of them :p).

i, for one, want to SEE them in a relay. and i feel it's coming up! might not be soon, and then it might not be big (till the end), but things are going our way, shippers, so i'm rejoicing!!! :D :D

(it's not that i'm looking at it as the glass is half full *as opposed to half empty*, i'm looking at it as an entirely new glass! to go along with their new status of relationship:D)

I can see what you mean, and I'm very happy that they're still playing the relationship. I can't wait to see what happens next season!

melpomene
June 4th, 2005, 04:49 PM
it said it couldn't connect

try this link

http://s43.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=0916UBYB7ZJQN0DDL72RWLPC20

Terrarin
June 4th, 2005, 04:57 PM

I'm a huge Sam/Jack shipper, but honestly, I don't want to see them run off and get married, but I definitely don't want to see them do absolutely nothing. I think it would be good to see a kiss, and leave it at that when RDA leaves. That way whatever happens is left up to the fan's imaginations, because there would be no definate ending, and everyone (mostly) would be happy. That's just my opinion.

I agree with "JackONeill. Ima big shipper, as well (aren't we all? well, at least most of us?) BUT...
We have spent 8 years with "hints" and our imaginations are what make the whole topic exciting in the first place. Right? Once all the mystery is gone, the show will have lost some of it's appeal for me. (And I fully expect the mystery to be gone, soon.) Marriage or moving in together or having babies, or even "Pete-type/Kerry-type bedroom scenes" ...that's too overt. TPTB will likely make the resolution to be almost as subtle as the whole 8 year crush has been. That's okay, just as long as it's there. And it will be. The kiss? That will be probably subtle, too. But it will be there, my guess is 'special guest appearance-RDA' later in the season.

Have you ever noticed how TV shows we loved to ship with all have the same problem...Niles and Daphne, Remington & Laura, David & Maddie, Jean-Luc and Beverly, Maxwell & Fran?

Terrarin
June 4th, 2005, 04:58 PM

I'm a huge Sam/Jack shipper, but honestly, I don't want to see them run off and get married, but I definitely don't want to see them do absolutely nothing. I think it would be good to see a kiss, and leave it at that when RDA leaves. That way whatever happens is left up to the fan's imaginations, because there would be no definate ending, and everyone (mostly) would be happy. That's just my opinion.

I agree with "JackONeill". Ima big shipper, as well (aren't we all? well, at least most of us?) BUT...
We have spent 8 years with "hints" and our imaginations are what make the whole topic exciting in the first place. Right? Once all the mystery is gone, the show will have lost some of it's appeal for me. (And I fully expect the mystery to be gone, soon.) Marriage or moving in together or having babies, or even "Pete-type/Kerry-type bedroom scenes" ...that's too overt. TPTB will likely make the resolution to be almost as subtle as the whole 8 year crush has been. That's okay, just as long as it's there. And it will be. The kiss? That will be probably subtle, too. But it will be there, my guess is 'special guest appearance-RDA' later in the season.

Have you ever noticed how TV shows we loved to ship with all have the same problem...Niles and Daphne, Remington & Laura, David & Maddie, Jean-Luc and Beverly, Maxwell & Fran?

majorsal
June 4th, 2005, 08:05 PM
I agree with "JackONeill. Ima big shipper, as well (aren't we all? well, at least most of us?) BUT...

my tastes are more overt, like we had with sam and pete in chimera. i like *seeing* romance. ;)

i haven't watched all the couples you've mentioned above, but i think i can safely say that the reason they fizzled when they got together was by the time they got together, we almost didn't give a flying fig anymore (add troi/riker). showing the *chase*, for want of a better term, too long can wear out the viewers (and wear out their enthusiasm). i feel sam and jack haven't hit that fork in the road yet, so yay! :)

Daniel's_twin
June 4th, 2005, 08:30 PM
I agree with "JackONeill". Ima big shipper, as well (aren't we all? well, at least most of us?) BUT...

Don't compare Jack and Sam's ship to Jean-Luc's and Beverly's! I love TNG, but I must say, they handled that ship poorly and never satisfied me (especially with that bit in the future about being divorced!) I'd like to think that TPTB have a little bit more taste and sense then that. :cool:

MajorSam
June 4th, 2005, 08:36 PM
OMG!!!!

REVALATION!!!!!

So just now I was discussing the origin of "For Pete's Sake" with UberSg1 and ForeverSg1...

I stated "I like the name Petey, but that's because it's my uncle's nickname! He's a police man!"

:eek:

WAIT A SECOND.... Petey the Policeman!? Pete the Police Officer!?!?!? :eek:

AAAAH, My uncle's evil!!!!

:(:(:(

Yay that's definitely a pick me up ;)
Something to hold on to until we see what July brings. Great to hear about Amanda and the family too!

Thanks Uber and MajorSam!!!! :D

No problem :)

gatebee
June 4th, 2005, 10:26 PM
try this link

http://s43.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=0916UBYB7ZJQN0DDL72RWLPC20
Mel....I still cannot get on that site.

nell
June 4th, 2005, 10:30 PM

Firstly, thanks Uber-SG-1 for the translated AT interview. I hope that "she isn't single" is code for Jack and Sam are openly together even if in JM's so-called "allusion." :rolleyes:

Secondly, Majorsal, you are correct. The CHASE can be thrilling but the excitement can be lost if the prize is not won in a reasonable amount of time. Take Farscape, for an example of doing it the right way, within four years John Crichton and Aeryn had a rocking, roller coaster ride of simmer, chase, catch, deep rollicking romance, crisis, loss, reawakening and rejoining. IOW, did not disappoint, well, did not disappoint me in comparison to other shows. :)

Thirdly, Terrarin, I am familiar with those couples especially Remington & Laura and Dave and Maddie. What is it with these American series that have excruciatingly long foreplays? Or, did I make that up? Is it me or is there a pattern to these American series? Oh, I'm American. ;)

Lastly, I really, really enjoy these opportunities to read and participate in discussions. Thank goodness for internet and terrific websites like Gateworld. OK, stepping down from my soapbox. :D ;)

LOL4JACK
June 4th, 2005, 10:38 PM

===========

Thanks Uber and MajorSam...

I've been reading over and over again AT's answer to the last question, I would love one of our French shippers to give us their interpretation, Florence, Marion, Caty... any thoughts?

In my poor french, my translation would go more like:

" However, waiting for Richard to come for one or two episodes, Samantha says, to who wants to hear, that she is not single... for you to judge!"

Wow, not single meaning she is with somebody... !!!!!!!!!!! I don't know what to think, I have mixed feelings:

- Either TPTB are leaving the ship open, meaning no mention of it, but we shippers are free to think that they are together.

- That when they say that RDA will still be very present in S9 is because JACK and SAM are in a relationship

- That she is with somebody else :eek: :eek: :eek: , bumped my head falling hard on floor just thinking about it

Hmmm, maybe we can ask Joe if he has any comments about the interview :D

LOL4JACK
June 4th, 2005, 10:45 PM

I'm kinda' in between...

- Yes I want a kiss....
- Yessss! I want a Kerry/Jack kinda of scene, no way a Pete/Sam kind of scene
- Yesssssss! I want a snuggle, love you, been together for a while and now let's go and kick some A.... (behinds)

But definitely not to make SG-1 a J/S love story

sg-1fanintn
June 4th, 2005, 11:53 PM

waterfall

Oh, my gosh! Don't ever forget to post again! I went back and watched, and you are so right!!!!! So subtle. I'm so glad you noticed it, and thankful that you shared it!!!

Terrarin
June 5th, 2005, 07:02 AM
Don't compare Jack and Sam's ship to Jean-Luc's and Beverly's! I love TNG, but I must say, they handled that ship poorly ......... to think that TPTB have a little bit more taste and sense then that. :cool:
Sorry Dnl.'s Twn, I was not trying to compare any of these couples to S/J (that would just be WRONG) all I was comparing how our level of "excitement" changes whenever most ships eventually 'happen.'
Don't worry about the taste and sense of OUR PTB, they love us, I'm sure, don't ya' think?

............... The CHASE can be thrilling but the excitement can be lost if the prize is not won in a reasonable amount of time. Take Farscape, for an example of doing it the right way, .............
:D ;)
Nell, it does seem the PTB have been unreasonable in how long they've made us wait. Farscape did pull off the 'ship recovery', but do you think our writers could have pulled it off? I kind of wonder if the quality of the total show would of changed if we had this public, ongoing relationship going on, blatlently breaking the 'rules' and having to deal with the issues that the rules were there for in the first place.

Thirdly, Terrarin, I am familiar with those couples especially Remington & Laura and Dave and Maddie.
Hee, Hee. Those were the two I wondered the most if anyone would remember. ;)

Finally, Sg-1fanintn, THANKS for the kitchen thingy!

nell
June 5th, 2005, 07:41 AM
Nell, it does seem the PTB have been unreasonable in how long they've made us wait. Farscape did pull off the 'ship recovery', but do you think our writers could have pulled it off? I kind of wonder if the quality of the total show would of changed if we had this public, ongoing relationship going on, blatlently breaking the 'rules' and having to deal with the issues that the rules were there for in the first place.

Yes, the 'Regulations' thingy! Although, if she had become a civilian scientist way back when, e.g. honorable discharge for injuries or s.t. then they would have the opportunity for a relationship. I know, I know... why should the woman have to retire. OK, I admit it would be 1. complicated 2. I wouldn't want them to break the regs. :S

Is this the part where I empathize with TPTB regarding the development of the romance due to the military aspects let alone Sam's strong, independent, career-mindedness? I don't want to do it *pouts*!! :(

Hee, Hee. Those were the two I wondered the most if anyone would remember. ;)

You are not the only gal around here to have a crush on Pierce and Bruce in their early careers. Funny, but I wasn't a MacGyver fan. I didn't watch the show. No recollection of why not. :)

blueiris
June 5th, 2005, 07:42 AM

***snippage***

===========

That just gives me a tingle! No, its not enough for 8 years and its nothing concrete, but, darned if it doesn't sound nice.
Thanks, Uber, for posting it here. I don't have time to read very much and I would have hated to miss this.

nell
June 5th, 2005, 07:57 AM
EVIDENCE for HOPE!!

Amanda has given reliable clues over the year or so! I am unable to find and present the actual quotes but...

1. In a past interview or Gate Con she responded to a question about whether Sam and Pete would marry and if not would Sam and Jack reunite...blah blah blah.

She replied (paraphrasing here) that Sam's relationship with Pete would give her practice about love for when Sam and Jack got together! She immediately followed it with a denial. But, as we saw in Threads Sam broke up with Pete :D and Sam and Jack have rekindled their attraction and affection and more :p

2. In another interview Amanda referenced the LOOKS that Sam and Jack give each other in Season 8 as a clue for their feelings towards each other.

Throughout Season 8 There were LOOKS. Can you gals help me list the scenes? :)

So, if in this French interview, if the translation is accurate and in Season 9 Sam is not single. I can only believe that something significant has occurred between Sam and Jack. And given Amanda's track record, her spoiler is to be believed! :D ;)

ShimmeringStar
June 5th, 2005, 08:31 AM
Quick flyby post...

Having been on vacation this week, I had some time to play with caps in Photoshop and in looking through my cap stash I found this one of the team...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v470/ShimmeringStar214/S4SG1/Watergateteam.jpg

But it wasn't the team that had made me capture this scene... It was the closeness of Sam and Jack. I’ve always enjoyed how comfortable they (S & J) are in each other’s space. Don't know if TPTB had intended it or not, especially when blocking this & other scenes off, but as an S/J shipping fan... I appreciate the easy familiarity the 2 actors brought to their characters. :)

ShimmeringStar
June 5th, 2005, 08:35 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v470/ShimmeringStar214/S4SG1/TSVsamjack3.jpg
And more along those same lines.... Jack's character could have just as easily been placed on the floor in a right diagonal to Sam and Dan to deliver his banter with them... but wasn't.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v470/ShimmeringStar214/S4SG1/TSVsamjack3closeup.jpg

ShimmeringStar
June 5th, 2005, 08:40 AM
In playing with Photoshop, I made some very nice Jack manips, icons & such that I posted on the thunk thread. Then decided yesterday to see what this wallpaper business was all about and played with some Sam & Jack caps & eventually came up with this:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v470/ShimmeringStar214/SGManips/Dreamer.jpg
Click Here (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v470/ShimmeringStar214/SGManips/DreamerWallpaper.jpg) for the wallpaper-sized version (1024 pixels wide x 768 high, 190Kfile size)

gatebee
June 5th, 2005, 08:42 AM
My fave ship moment would be.....ALL OF THEM! Just Kidding...this is hard...probably
1) Beneath the Surface:the Feelings scene makes me giddy
S
P
O
I
L
E
R
S
A
H
E
A
D
S
E
A
S
O
N
&
8 :D
2) the Heroes hug.so passionate and heartfelt...
3) Threads: the Always moment
4){in AU time,granted but still...}when Jack says Sam is HOT.Priceless.
For everything else there's Masterca...Never mind. :p
Laura

ps. I'm may not b albe to write 4 a while since the ENTIRE houshold is sick except me so I have to play nurse to everybody. I'll c if I can convince them to let me feed them Jello. It always makes me feel better...
RLOL.....on the MC
Hope everyone is feeling better soon. to make them feel better, why don't you show same SG1 shippy eps.

gatebee
June 5th, 2005, 08:45 AM
In playing with Photoshop, I made some very nice Jack manips, icons & such that I posted on the thunk thread. Then decided yesterday to see what this wallpaper business was all about and played with some Sam & Jack caps & eventually came up with this:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v470/ShimmeringStar214/SGManips/Dreamer.jpg
Click Here (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v470/ShimmeringStar214/SGManips/DreamerWallpaper.jpg) for the wallpaper-sized version (1024 pixels wide x 768 high, 190Kfile size)
that is sooo beautiful. With S9 shaping up the way it is, we shippers need alot of this kind of manip pics....thank you for sahring

nell
June 5th, 2005, 08:46 AM
And more along those same lines.... Jack's character could have just as easily been placed on the floor in a right diagonal to Sam and Dan to deliver his banter with them... but wasn't.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v470/ShimmeringStar214/S4SG1/TSVsamjack3closeup.jpg

Thanks, again for the pix and comment! You seem technically minded. Perhaps you may shed some light on a Season 8 scene in Moebius 1 When SG-1 and Jack were in the briefing room discussing the ZPM, Sam pushed a report to Jack. It looked like their hands brushed. The camera certainly was highlighting that report being passed from her to him. Do you think that it was just the camera angle giving us a perspective of 'brushing' or might it be intended that they shared contact? Blather Blather Blather. Fishing for Ship!! :rolleyes: Thanks if you can shed light on this! :D ;)

gatebee
June 5th, 2005, 08:47 AM

you know how RDA and AT are jokers....I wonder what both of them said while doing this shot. A behind the scene would be awesome.

ShimmeringStar
June 5th, 2005, 09:08 AM
Thanks, again for the pix and comment! You seem technically minded. Perhaps you may shed some light on a Season 8 scene in Moebius 1 When SG-1 and Jack were in the briefing room discussing the ZPM, Sam pushed a report to Jack. It looked like their hands brushed. The camera certainly was highlighting that report being passed from her to him. Do you think that it was just the camera angle giving us a perspective of 'brushing' or might it be intended that they shared contact? Blather Blather Blather. Fishing for Ship!! :rolleyes: Thanks if you can shed light on this! :D ;)To answer... my disclaimer - this is only me and my own little old opinion (which I know many will disagree with, which is fine, since we are entitled to our own opinions...) ...but IMOHO I don't think it was intended to be shippy. Plus I'm thinking of a S6 behind-the-scenes thing where the directors were showing how certain scenes in "Cure" were set up. The showed how they blocked a scene where Jack and Sam were sitting a table looking at a text and showed how they cut back & forth and the blocking of the hand on the text closeup...

It there was contact I wouldn't think of any differently than if I touched your hand while handing you something. (Though I realize that S8 was *so* ship-lite and Jack-lite that any look or brushing or standing-closer-than-5-feet away got the fine-toothed-comb treatment from us! :) :p )

(((nell)))

Rogue
June 5th, 2005, 09:09 AM
Thanks, again for the pix and comment! You seem technically minded. Perhaps you may shed some light on a Season 8 scene in Moebius 1 When SG-1 and Jack were in the briefing room discussing the ZPM, Sam pushed a report to Jack. It looked like their hands brushed. The camera certainly was highlighting that report being passed from her to him. Do you think that it was just the camera angle giving us a perspective of 'brushing' or might it be intended that they shared contact? Blather Blather Blather. Fishing for Ship!! :rolleyes: Thanks if you can shed light on this! :D ;)
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v474/mkmoulder/Stargate/image2299.jpg

Well since his hand is no where near the report. I would say he was wanting to touch her.

ShimmeringStar
June 5th, 2005, 09:19 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v474/mkmoulder/Stargate/image2299.jpg

Well since his hand is no where near the report. I would say he was wanting to touch her.Just to play devil's advocate for a moment... Sam's hand is pushing the report down quickly towards him. His hand is reaching up over hers to grab the top right of the report... what's been captured was that half-second that their paths intersected...

Screen caps can be dangerous things.... Jack in pain, if capped at the right moment, can look like he is in *intense pleasure.* (Believe me I know... :D :D I have about 10 caps from different eps that I trot out in the Thunk thread every so often. In the ep he's in agony, but capped... *giggles* It looks like a much different emotion! :eek: :D ) A grimace leading into a snark makes him look like he's puckering up for a kiss... 'Wetting his whistle' makes him look like he's in licking his lips in anticpation of a little some'um from the woman he loves... So if one doesn't know the context of that one second in time moment that was captured... it can be interpreted differently.

Now had he grabbed hold of her hand and squeezed it, grinning at her... Then you would have heard me SQUEE! loud enough to break your eardrums!!! :p :p :D

((Rogue))

nell
June 5th, 2005, 09:34 AM
Thanks Shimmering Star for your 'technical' opinion which I agree with from a Real World View. Thanks Rogue for the picture of the *sigh* hands *fades into stupor*. My AU self will see this as touching, brushing, and feeds my Fantasy World View. :D Hee, hee!

Silver
June 5th, 2005, 09:39 AM

Oooh, I really like the sound of that! :) After all, us shippers have had little more to thrive on than past episodes and hope, and this certainly looks hopeful! Thank you, the wonderful person(s) who found/translated this!

"While we wait for Richard's return in one or two episodes" This combined with RDA's recent teasings that he "may or may not" be coming back certainly sounds like he will be making future appearances. YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY! Ahem... but it's just hope, right?

Oooh, I still feel all squeeishly happy inside! :p Wouldn't it be great if when Orlin returns and declares that he still has feelings for Sam, she turns around and tells him she "isn't single" (!!!) -- even if Orlin does appear to have decreased in age a few years. And Sam WON'T have found someone else in season 9. TPTB wouldn't be that cruel to us... would they?

No, they wouldn't. They definitely couldn't ignore the ship after Threads, that would be stupid. I mean, why would they make Sam (and Jack) go through all that agony just to waste it on a non-existant ending? And Amanda isn't that cruel, either, no matter how tantalizing the clue is. ;)

Rogue
June 5th, 2005, 09:39 AM
Just to play devil's advocate for a moment... Sam's hand is pushing the report down quickly towards him. His hand is reaching up over hers to grab the top right of the report... what's been captured was that half-second that their paths intersected...

Screen caps can be dangerous things.... Jack in pain, if capped at the right moment, can look like he is in *intense pleasure.* (Believe me I know... :D :D I have about 10 caps from different eps that I trot out in the Thunk thread every so often. In the ep he's in agony, but capped... *giggles* It looks like a much different emotion! :eek: :D ) A grimace leading into a snark makes him look like he's puckering up for a kiss... 'Wetting his whistle' makes him look like he's in licking his lips in anticpation of a little some'um from the woman he loves... So if one doesn't know the context of that one second in time moment that was captured... it can be interpreted differently.

Now had it grabbed hold of her hand and squeezed it, grinning at her... Then you would have heard me SQUEE! loud enough to break your eardrums!!! :p :p :D

((Rogue))

Well your probably right, but it is more fun to pretend it was on purpose.

Oma-1
June 5th, 2005, 10:37 AM
Okay...the shipper thread requires a bit of a pick-me-up...

Does it ever :p And boy, did you provide :D

Yeah, that's the literal translation according to the on-line dictionary I checked out, and I MUCH MUCH prefer that translation. Leaves no doubt whatsoever :p

So, I have a new theory!!!! :p :p

Lots of spec and spoilers for S8 ahead :D

Remember JM's "Sam is far far away for personal and professional reasons" (quickly rescinded but, he said it :p )

Also, I know he answered my question about the regs saying it wouldn't be dealt with anytime soon .....So maybe it's already been dealt with.

Lets think a little about the state of play at the end of S8 - the Goa'uld and Replicators are defeated. SG-1 even have time to go an jolly (kinda) in M1&2 to grab a ZPM.

So, Sam's transferred to Area 51 to play with doohickies. (I think was a kosher spoiler) Which, btw, conveniently gets rid of the regs and Sam & Jack get married :D (wouldn't it be great to have a Colonel O'Neill back ;) ) Daniel & Teal'c have also been doing other things - I think Daniel's on a dig somewhere and T with the Jaffa.

Open curtain on S9.

Then, Jack gets promoted, all hell breaks loose with the new threats, D & T get recalled and they work with newbie guy CM and Vala. Sam's return is delayed until they hit something scientific and they need her expertise again, and hey presto!

Yeah, huge leaps there on very vague spoilers, but my shippy imagination's suddenly been rekindled :p

If Sam & Jack really have got married, then I can handle RDA not being around, vague allusions, and anything else tptb throw at us. Even if they're not married yet, they are definitely together, and the above still applies :D

Suddenly I'm a very happy shipper this afternoon :p

Oma-1
June 5th, 2005, 10:42 AM
HOLY SHIPPER COOKIES!!! :D :D :D

sally :D :D :D
http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/36/36_11_6.gif

that about sums it up :p

Oma-1
June 5th, 2005, 10:52 AM
(little ship .... er snip :p )

Remington Steele!!!!!! Loved that show! Only been lusting after Pierce Brosnan for 20 years :p *cough-back-on-topic-now-cough*

I agree. I didn't see the last season of Farscape so can't comment on that, but most shows just don't seem able to resolve ship and keep it interesting. I'm not sure why that is. My life certainly didn't go down the pan when I got married :p OK, so this is sci-fi and isn't based on ship. SG-1 isn't about happy families, and I don't want it to be, but surely tptb can cope with allusions to S&J being married and still keep the show on track?!?!

Oma-1
June 5th, 2005, 10:57 AM
Terrarin! Can you really see the pentagon from your rooftop????

Get out your zoom lens - there's folks that would pay HUGE sums for pics of General O'Neill going to work :p

Oma-1
June 5th, 2005, 11:04 AM
I'm kinda' in between...

- Yes I want a kiss....
- Yessss! I want a Kerry/Jack kinda of scene, no way a Pete/Sam kind of scene
- Yesssssss! I want a snuggle, love you, been together for a while and now let's go and kick some A.... (behinds)

But definitely not to make SG-1 a J/S love story
Yep - agreed.

I watch Stargate with my family and love that its appropriate for the kids too - mainly. I didn't like the bedroom scene in Chimera because of that (never mind cos of :eek: ) and wouldn't want to see anything like with S&J. My kids all ship for S&J too, and I wouldn't want to have to deny them seeing the resolution.

wynter
June 5th, 2005, 11:12 AM
hi guys,

wow trying to catch up on all the posts!!

i've been trying to think of a good song for the might might stay departure of jack.
Racking my brains and i love the song by Carly Simon nobody does it better because it's true nobody is better than jack!!
Really mellow song and sooo sweet,heard it while watching a film the other night and i thought of jack!!!

Any-one else have any suggestions???

wynterxx

nell
June 5th, 2005, 11:25 AM
Does it ever :p And boy, did you provide :D

Yeah, that's the literal translation according to the on-line dictionary I checked out, and I MUCH MUCH prefer that translation. Leaves no doubt whatsoever :p

So, I have a new theory!!!! :p :p

Lots of spec and spoilers for S8 ahead :D

Remember JM's "Sam is far far away for personal and professional reasons" (quickly rescinded but, he said it :p )

Also, I know he answered my question about the regs saying it wouldn't be dealt with anytime soon .....So maybe it's already been dealt with.

Lets think a little about the state of play at the end of S8 - the Goa'uld and Replicators are defeated. SG-1 even have time to go an jolly (kinda) in M1&2 to grab a ZPM.

So, Sam's transferred to Area 51 to play with doohickies. (I think was a kosher spoiler) Which, btw, conveniently gets rid of the regs and Sam & Jack get married :D (wouldn't it be great to have a Colonel O'Neill back ;) ) Daniel & Teal'c have also been doing other things - I think Daniel's on a dig somewhere and T with the Jaffa.

Open curtain on S9.

Then, Jack gets promoted, all hell breaks loose with the new threats, D & T get recalled and they work with newbie guy CM and Vala. Sam's return is delayed until they hit something scientific and they need her expertise again, and hey presto!

Yeah, huge leaps there on very vague spoilers, but my shippy imagination's suddenly been rekindled :p

If Sam & Jack really have got married, then I can handle RDA not being around, vague allusions, and anything else tptb throw at us. Even if they're not married yet, they are definitely together, and the above still applies :D

Suddenly I'm a very happy shipper this afternoon :p

Yes! Yes! Yes! I want to believe that TPTB will zing us with some happy ship bits at least. Wasn't it this time last year that we had our ups and downs about Season 8? Although incredibly slow and stingy with the ship bits, we did get Threads and Moebius 2 at the end. Please tell me my codependency is not showing!!?? :eek:

LOL4JACK
June 5th, 2005, 11:52 AM
hi guys,

wow trying to catch up on all the posts!!

i've been trying to think of a good song for the might might stay departure of jack.
Racking my brains and i love the song by Carly Simon nobody does it better because it's true nobody is better than jack!!
Really mellow song and sooo sweet,heard it while watching a film the other night and i thought of jack!!!

wynterxx
In My Life (The Beatles)

There are places I’ll remember all my life
Though some have changed
Some forever not for better
Some have gone and some remain

All these places had their moments
With lovers and friends I still can recall
Some are dead and some are living
In my life I’ve loved them all

But of all these friends and lovers
There is no one compares with you
And these mem’ries lose their meaning
When I think of love as something new

Though I know I’ll never lose affection
For people and things that went before
I know I’ll often stop and think about them
In my life I’ll love you more

florence
June 5th, 2005, 12:56 PM
Thanks Uber and MajorSam...

I've been reading over and over again AT's answer to the last question, I would love one of our French shippers to give us their interpretation, Florence, Marion, Caty... any thoughts?

In my poor french, my translation would go more like:

" However, waiting for Richard to come for one or two episodes, Samantha says, to who wants to hear, that she is not single... for you to judge!"

Wow, not single meaning she is with somebody... !!!!!!!!!!! I don't know what to think, I have mixed feelings:

- Either TPTB are leaving the ship open, meaning no mention of it, but we shippers are free to think that they are together.

- That when they say that RDA will still be very present in S9 is because JACK and SAM are in a relationship

- That she is with somebody else :eek: :eek: :eek: , bumped my head falling hard on floor just thinking about it

Hmmm, maybe we can ask Joe if he has any comments about the interview :D

Wow, news travel fast ! I've read this article this morning and we're already discussing it here. Thanks for Internet :D
I think your translation is right LOL4JACK. And sorry to break your dream Oma but I don't think it means that Sam and Jack are married. In french, you can say you're not single even if you're not married, you can say it when you're in a relation with someone, meaning you're not "alone".
So the way I see it, Sam and Jack are together, not yet married but hey, we know nothing about the end of S9 :D
And I'm absolutely sure she's not with anybody else ! Don't even say it, it gives me shudders :eek:

Oma-1
June 5th, 2005, 01:10 PM
Wow, news travel fast ! I've read this article this morning and we're already discussing it here. Thanks for Internet :D
I think your translation is right LOL4JACK. And sorry to break your dream Oma but I don't think it means that Sam and Jack are married. In french, you can say you're not single even if you're not married, you can say it when you're in a relation with someone, meaning you're not "alone".
So the way I see it, Sam and Jack are together, not yet married but hey, we know nothing about the end of S9 :D
And I'm absolutely sure she's not with anybody else ! Don't even say it, it gives me shudders :eek:
((((Florence))))

I know that really hon, I'm just dreaming. *shrugs* It's what I do best. :D :p

((((wynter & LOL4JACK))))

Love both those songs. They sum Jack up nicely. Nobody Does It Better would be great for a Jack tribute, My Life for a ship tribute.

florence
June 5th, 2005, 01:18 PM
((((Florence))))

I know that really hon, I'm just dreaming. *shrugs* It's what I do best. :D :p

Keep on dreaming Oma ! If we didn't have dreams, where all the shippers would be ? :)

Oma-1
June 5th, 2005, 01:22 PM
Keep on dreaming Oma ! If we didn't have dreams, where all the shippers would be ? :)
We'd be on the "Thread for Utterly Dejected Shippers" :(

I don't think there'd be many parties on that one :p

Dream on, Shippers!

An Ancient
June 5th, 2005, 01:51 PM
Idea - For a vid to commemorate the passing of the original SG-1, how about 'We are the Champions' by Queen. I'll put that with my shippy vid. Should take about a week.

Uber
June 5th, 2005, 02:16 PM
Yea! A FRENCH SHIPPER!

Now could you please check the translation...or better yet, translate the original so that we can be sure about the words used....

Verona
June 5th, 2005, 02:49 PM
[QUOTE=wynter]hi guys,
I've been trying to think of a good song for the might might stay departure of jack.

Coldplays Rush of blood to the head,
The following tracks Politik / In my place/ God put a smile upon your face,
and Clocks all have lyrics that could be very shippy. And all are really great songs. (IMO)

nell
June 5th, 2005, 03:08 PM
In My Life (The Beatles)

There are places I’ll remember all my life
Though some have changed
Some forever not for better
Some have gone and some remain

All these places had their moments
With lovers and friends I still can recall
Some are dead and some are living
In my life I’ve loved them all

But of all these friends and lovers
There is no one compares with you
And these mem’ries lose their meaning
When I think of love as something new

Though I know I’ll never lose affection
For people and things that went before
I know I’ll often stop and think about them
In my life I’ll love you more

That is so Jack as he mellows and reflects in his years with Sam. :p ;)

wynter
June 5th, 2005, 03:25 PM
a very good evening to my shipper family,,

i'm loving the suggestions for a tribute song for jack!
At the moment i am pulling my jack clone out of the closet,cause he wants cake........
any-one been talking to their jack clone recently???
i will be taking mine out with me as i am having withdrawal symptoms and i need to see new jack on sg1.(now if only i could go on that swan programme and get made up like sam....hmmmmm).
Thanks for all the fanfics that people have been writing,OMA have you any other reccomendations?

Keep the songs coming in then i think we should have a little vote but hey there are so many songs that fit our jack.

ok jack(clone) and i are off to the shipper bar so see you later.

wynterxx

Oma-1
June 5th, 2005, 03:51 PM
a very good evening to my shipper family,,

i'm loving the suggestions for a tribute song for jack!
At the moment i am pulling my jack clone out of the closet,cause he wants cake........
i will be taking mine out with me as i am having withdrawal symptoms and i need to see new jack on sg1.(now if only i could go on that swan programme and get made up like sam....hmmmmm).
Thanks for all the fanfics that people have been writing,OMA have you any other reccomendations?

Keep the songs coming in then i think we should have a little vote but hey there are so many songs that fit our jack.

ok jack(clone) and i are off to the shipper bar so see you later.

wynterxx
Absolutely! Loads of 'em :D

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/625070/ Check out this author. I really like her Birthday Traditions series, plus most of her stuff is good.

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/1999024/1/ Reap What Is Sown by Karibou is great. Long, but great (30 ish chapters). I've read most of her other stuff too and its really good. This one is one of those "oh no we've drank an alien substance that makes us wild" :D

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2376624/1/ What Fate Decrees by JackieO'Neill Nut is on my watchlist. Up to ch 32 and still going strong :p Jack gets seriously injured on a mission and has to fight back to fitness.....

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2257235/1/ Road to Nowhere by Vicky Ocean. I'm watching this one too. Up to ch 14. Jack discovers Sam is a target of NID and they go on the run.

Oh, yeah, my Jack clone likes these stories too :p

Florence knows lots of great ff's too! And if Tame's around, I'm sure she'll have loads - I think she betas for EVERYONE :p

Verona
June 5th, 2005, 04:09 PM
wynterxx
:eek: You keep your JC in the closet! mine just roams wherever the hell he wants his words not mine and as for talking to him I cant get a word in edgeways he never shuts up (except when you feed him cake but sometimes even then he keeps nattering on) he makes up for it in so many ways I'm happy to say. Sigh JC's cant live with em eh? :D

Uber
June 5th, 2005, 04:31 PM
My guess is that they're together but NOT married...just from the creation con, MS said they didn't get married...so unless that's changed...

But like our beloved French shipper pointed out, it means they are together.

So Woooohooo

gatebee
June 5th, 2005, 04:49 PM
My guess is that they're together but NOT married...just from the creation con, MS said they didn't get married...so unless that's changed...

So Woooohooo
I totally agree...I can live with that Sam and Jack living together but not married. I just hope that TPTB give us at least a 5 minute show of them being really sweet with each other and that really BIG HONKING KISS

Emilee108
June 5th, 2005, 05:20 PM
I totally agree...I can live with that Sam and Jack living together but not married. I just hope that TPTB give us at least a 5 minute show of them being really sweet with each other and that really BIG HONKING KISS

I agree! But, with all this new speculation of Sam and Jack being 'together' to start off S9, I'm kinda bummed in a way because I wanted to see on screen how they got to the 'together' point in their relationship. I wanted to see them both admit or declare their feelings to eachother. Followed by a big honkin' kiss!!!! So in that way I'll be a bit disappointed but I guess I can leave it up to my imagination if TPTB won't show it to us on screen.

But I guess with all the information we've gotten, they couldn't film it with RDA leaving and him and AT having no on-screen time together.
Of course this is all speculation.....but if we are right, and they are together at the beginning of season 9, and we don't get to see any kind of declaration of love or kiss........wouldn't it be awesome if RDA decides to make a guest spot on the show at the end of S9 and they could film a 'flashback' sequence and show us how it happened and somehow write it in as apart of the episode!
This is just my wishful thinking of course!

~*~Emilee~*~

nell
June 5th, 2005, 05:26 PM

Gals, I think we're supposed to have spoiler warnings for Season 9 but I'm not sure about 8? Is 8 fairgame now? :)

For Season 9 Speculation I agree Gatebee and UberSG-1Fan that Sam is "not single" but yet she is not alone because she is together with someone who is posted on the East Coast so that they have a long distance relationship but it will work because they know patience. *sigh* :p I want the big honkin' kiss, too!!! *stamps foot on floor* However, DO NOT LEAK THIS TO TPTB, :eek: I am easy. :rolleyes: Give me an affectionate phone conversation at least!!! ;)

gatebee
June 5th, 2005, 05:29 PM
I agree! But, with all this new speculation of Sam and Jack being 'together' to start off S9, I'm kinda bummed in a way because I wanted to see on screen how they got to the 'together' point in their relationship. I wanted to see them both admit or declare their feelings to eachother. Followed by a big honkin' kiss!!!! So in that way I'll be a bit disappointed but I guess I can leave it up to my imagination if TPTB won't show it to us on screen.

But I guess with all the information we've gotten, they couldn't film it with RDA leaving and him and AT having no on-screen time together.
Of course this is all speculation.....but if we are right, and they are together at the beginning of season 9, and we don't get to see any kind of declaration of love or kiss........wouldn't it be awesome if RDA decides to make a guest spot on the show at the end of S9 and they could film a 'flashback' sequence and show us how it happened and somehow write it in as apart of the episode!

~*~Emilee~*~
it is a bit of a stretch but it is good to dream and wish....Sam and Jack together
pic fr stargate1971.....pic too big
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v205/FilBrit1/89dfc8bc.jpg
Sam: You're place or my place.
Jack: My place. Have a lovely bottle of wine waiting for us.

nell
June 5th, 2005, 05:31 PM

~*~Emilee~*~

The flashback sequence! I like that idea. It's been done well in other shows!! ;)

majorsal
June 5th, 2005, 06:21 PM

do i want a kiss? (read my sig and find the answer :p)

now, as for what i bolded in your above quote... i can live with sam and jack not being married..... SO I CAN *SEE* THEM GET MARRIED!!! :D

majorsal
June 5th, 2005, 06:23 PM

~*~Emilee~*~

sounds great to me, emilee! :D

MajorSam
June 5th, 2005, 07:02 PM
Hey everyone!!!

If anyone were interested, I managed to tape Amanda's winnning of her Leo Award, and upload it onto my computer!!! You can get it by going here:

http://www.geocities.com/popcornsamo/P3X-717.html

Go there, then follow the link "Vid of Amanda's Big Win!" Click on the pic, and you're there!!!

Please dont copy and link to from anywhere else!

I'm going to put up a new page with a bunch of screen caps as well, very soon!

Uber
June 5th, 2005, 07:14 PM
Hey everyone!!!

If anyone were interested, I managed to tape Amanda's winnning of her Leo Award, and upload it onto my computer!!! You can get it by going here:

http://www.geocities.com/popcornsamo/P3X-717.html

Go there, then follow the link "Vid of Amanda's Big Win!" Click on the pic, and you're there!!!

Please dont copy and link to from anywhere else!

I'm going to put up a new page with a bunch of screen caps as well, very soon!
I posted this on the SaGC thread...but here are some screen caps of Amanda Tapping winning the Leo for her performance in THREADS...for your viewing pleasure:

http://www.powerpromoz.com/stargate/leos/atleos139.jpg

http://www.powerpromoz.com/stargate/leos/atleos175.jpg http://www.powerpromoz.com/stargate/leos/atleos206.jpg

http://www.powerpromoz.com/stargate/leos/atleos235.jpg http://www.powerpromoz.com/stargate/leos/atleos237.jpg

http://www.powerpromoz.com/stargate/leos/atleos243.jpg http://www.powerpromoz.com/stargate/leos/atleos257.jpg

http://www.powerpromoz.com/stargate/leos/atleos266.jpg http://www.powerpromoz.com/stargate/leos/atleos271.jpg

http://www.powerpromoz.com/stargate/leos/atleos272a.jpg http://www.powerpromoz.com/stargate/leos/atleos276.jpg

http://www.powerpromoz.com/stargate/leos/atleos282.jpg http://www.powerpromoz.com/stargate/leos/atleos290a.jpg

http://www.powerpromoz.com/stargate/leos/atleos292.jpg http://www.powerpromoz.com/stargate/leos/atleos298.jpg

http://www.powerpromoz.com/stargate/leos/atleos342.jpg http://www.powerpromoz.com/stargate/leos/atleos388.jpg

nell
June 5th, 2005, 07:26 PM
I posted this on the SaGC thread...but here are some screen caps of Amanda Tapping winning the Leo for her performance in THREADS...for your viewing pleasure:

Thanks for posting the pix! Amanda looks great!! Well deserved award!! :D :cool:

sg-1fanintn
June 5th, 2005, 07:43 PM
Thanks, Major Sam for the great video clip from the Leo Awards! And thanks, Uber, for the screen caps!

I didn't see the last season of Farscape so can't comment on that, but most shows just don't seem able to resolve ship and keep it interesting. I'm not sure why that is. My life certainly didn't go down the pan when I got married :p OK, so this is sci-fi and isn't based on ship. SG-1 isn't about happy families, and I don't want it to be, but surely tptb can cope with allusions to S&J being married and still keep the show on track?!?!

My life didn't get dull all of a sudden when I got married either. :cool: ;) :p I don't understand why PTB on most shows feel that resolving sexual tension takes away their creative edge. It just forces them to redirect their creativity. I thought Daphne and Niles were still cute after they got married. The show was just getting tired by then (again, their PTB waited too long to get them together).

I'm just allowing myself to get excited about the possibilities for S/J again :p :o :p .

LadyJeep
June 5th, 2005, 08:50 PM

===========

Thanks so much for posting this Uber! ;) It may not be exactly what we wanted but I think it gives us a lot more hope about what we'll see in season 9.

Atteria
June 5th, 2005, 09:01 PM

http://www.powerpromoz.com/stargate/leos/atleos175.jpg http://www.powerpromoz.com/stargate/leos/atleos206.jpg

http://www.powerpromoz.com/stargate/leos/atleos235.jpg http://www.powerpromoz.com/stargate/leos/atleos237.jpg

http://www.powerpromoz.com/stargate/leos/atleos243.jpg http://www.powerpromoz.com/stargate/leos/atleos257.jpg

http://www.powerpromoz.com/stargate/leos/atleos266.jpg http://www.powerpromoz.com/stargate/leos/atleos271.jpg

http://www.powerpromoz.com/stargate/leos/atleos272a.jpg http://www.powerpromoz.com/stargate/leos/atleos276.jpg

http://www.powerpromoz.com/stargate/leos/atleos282.jpg http://www.powerpromoz.com/stargate/leos/atleos290a.jpg

http://www.powerpromoz.com/stargate/leos/atleos292.jpg http://www.powerpromoz.com/stargate/leos/atleos298.jpg

http://www.powerpromoz.com/stargate/leos/atleos342.jpg http://www.powerpromoz.com/stargate/leos/atleos388.jpg

Thank you so much for posting those pics! I couldn't get the link to work from Major Sam. :( So your pics were GREATLY appreciated.

Now I saw some French posted and mine is rusty, but I recognized enough to suddenly have some hope....will someone who is more proficient please translate tres vite! :rolleyes:

gatebee
June 5th, 2005, 09:10 PM

Uber....thanks for the wonderful pics....AT looks so cool with her short curly hair......no surprise AT got the award for Threads....her acting chops was tested in all areas...from feeling of Pete....to Jack and that scene "Always"...scene with Jacob...Sam's reaction to Kerry....emotions all over the board....thank you for sharing

majorsal
June 5th, 2005, 09:27 PM

:S

what? :p

sally :)

Grace O'Neill
June 5th, 2005, 09:35 PM
Hello Ship Family!

Wow, so much good staff has been happening here. I am very happy after I read the translation of Amanda's interview :) :D It's just that little kick of shippiness that we needed.

I am also happy to hear the first cast member to admit to miss RDA. I mean, come on, people; after working with something for 8 years, no one, other than Amanda has said any kind words about RDA. So, THANK YOU AMANDA!!! At least she is not afraid to share her feelings. And with that one sentence ("not single") she gave us so much needed hope. My little shippy heart is rejoicing :)

I have watched Amanda's acceptance of the award. THANK YOU FOR POSTING IT, MAJOR SAM! I don't know about you guys, but I found it kinda odd that the interviewing lady had no idea what a P90 is. Shouldn't hosts be more prepared than that? Amanda handled the interview very well, very professionally.

Uber
June 5th, 2005, 10:50 PM
After all that talk about Amanda winning the Leo, gatebee pointed out we really should include information about RDA, or rather Jack O'Neill winning the Spacey Award this year!

So here's a link to the video clip of RDA giving a very, very, VERY long acceptance speech...

http://rdanderson.com/updates/images/spacey05.wmv

And here are some screen caps:

http://www.powerpromoz.com/stargate/spacey05a.jpg

http://www.powerpromoz.com/stargate/spacey05b.jpg

http://www.powerpromoz.com/stargate/spacey05c.jpg

http://www.powerpromoz.com/stargate/spacey05d.jpg

http://www.powerpromoz.com/stargate/spacey05e.jpg

http://www.powerpromoz.com/stargate/spacey05f.jpg

majorsal
June 5th, 2005, 11:10 PM
After all that talk about Amanda winning the Leo, gatebee pointed out we really should include information about RDA, or rather Jack O'Neill winning the Spacey Award this year!

So here's a link to the video clip of RDA giving a very, very, VERY long acceptance speech...

*sighs*

... man, that man is.... *sighs*

I WANT THAT MAN!

sally :D :p

gatebee
June 5th, 2005, 11:20 PM

And here are some screen caps:

http://www.powerpromoz.com/stargate/spacey05a.jpg

http://www.powerpromoz.com/stargate/spacey05b.jpg

http://www.powerpromoz.com/stargate/spacey05c.jpg

http://www.powerpromoz.com/stargate/spacey05d.jpg

http://www.powerpromoz.com/stargate/spacey05e.jpg

http://www.powerpromoz.com/stargate/spacey05f.jpg
thank you (((((( Uber ))))))))

gatebee
June 5th, 2005, 11:22 PM
Sam and Jack forever
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v205/FilBrit1/37467f75.jpghttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v205/FilBrit1/cdc64724.jpg

florence
June 6th, 2005, 12:16 AM
Yea! A FRENCH SHIPPER!

Now could you please check the translation...or better yet, translate the original so that we can be sure about the words used....

The translation seems pretty good to me. Thanks Amanda to give back hope to shippers ! :)
I really love this woman :) Like someone pointed it already, she's the first one saying RDA will be missed on the show.
I've read a con report somewhere on internet of a french convention 2 years ago. Fans asked Amanda to say this :"I love you colonel". And she did it ! She even added "I want you" ! You can imagine the fans' reaction ! :D
(here's the link if you want to see it, but it's a french site : http://amandatapping.free.fr/)

florence
June 6th, 2005, 12:23 AM

So Woooohooo

Thanks ! It's so good to feel loved :D
The way Amanda said it, I think she meant that Sam and Jack are not married but they are together, that's sure :D

Uber
June 6th, 2005, 12:28 AM
The translation seems pretty good to me. Thanks Amanda to give back hope to shippers ! :)
I really love this woman :) Like someone pointed it already, she's the first one saying RDA will be missed on the show.
I've read a con report somewhere on internet of a french convention 2 years ago. Fans asked Amanda to say this :"I love you colonel". And she did it ! She even added "I want you" ! You can imagine the fans' reaction ! :D
(here's the link if you want to see it, but it's a french site : http://amandatapping.free.fr/)
That site looks neat...but I'm afraid my French is a little rusty.

Oh wait. I don't speak French.

Heck, I have a hard enough time trying to master another difficult language. You may have heard of it...it's called ENGLISH. And SO WHAT if that's supposed to be my native language??? YOU GOT A PROBLEM WITH THAT?!???

:D

Thanks also for the info on the AT interview. After reviewing online notes from the Creation Con a few months ago, MS said they wouldn't be married...so it makes sense though that they are just TOGETHER...

And lastly, thank you Amanda for thinking of your fans enough to give us a little taste of SOMETHING that we've been parched for...a little shippy hope.

florence
June 6th, 2005, 12:41 AM
Florence knows lots of great ff's too! And if Tame's around, I'm sure she'll have loads - I think she betas for EVERYONE :p

I'll have a look for some good fics when I'll be home (I'm at work now ;) ).
Meanwhile, you can read this one : http://www.samandjack.net/stories/sjarchive7/ngteneasyways.html
It's a funny fic but you'll love the end :)

lonely_star
June 6th, 2005, 02:14 AM
hey guys !!!
been away one day and I got 5 pages to read!! you don't waste time !!!!
but i'm glad to see there are some good news here !! so thanks Major Sam and Uber for the interview. Beeing French I also think the translation from Lol4Jack is very good and clear...we have confirmation !!! they ARE TOGETHER !!! :) ;) about time!!

other stuff

Mel, the link still doesn't work :(

same for the RDA and AT's vids...is that only me or what ?? :S I want to watch them !! :( Are they working for you guys ?? do you have some other links ?

Lol4Jack: nice translation
I think the "she tells to whomever wants to hear" might refer to Barret and his return on the show, she'll probably say that she's not single anymore certainly without saying clearly that she's with Jack. In this way they won't hurt the non shipper and let's aknowledge the shippers that they ARE together. i think it's what JM is refering to when he talks about "illusions", clear and not too direct at the same time so they keep all the different fans watching the show without hurting anyone!! but there's something they don't know !!!!!! WE WANT OUR BIG HONKIN' KISS ! :D :D

about what I want:
so a kiss...YES!
a big honkin' kiss!..SURE!!
a bed scene ?...WHY NOT!! ;)
a wedding...don't sure it's going very well with the sci fi genre or the stargate universe but if they do that in the gate room with friends form all over the off worlds, or off world on a beachy planet ;) why not ! :) but like Lol4Jack I'm not really for SG1 as a love story so give me a big honkin' kiss and I'll be pleased with that :p ;)
but as say Nell : "Give me an affectionate phone conversation at least!!! " :D :p totally agree!

by the way, like the idea of the flash back but they don't seem very fond of that in this show so don't think we'll get anything like that :( :rolleyes:

Catysg1
June 6th, 2005, 04:18 AM
The flashback sequence! I like that idea. It's been done well in other shows!! ;)

Hello Shippers ;) ;)

Flashback sequences are popular in X-files and JAG :) I like that too and SG1 tptb does not use them enough . I think they are a very important part of a show , any shows :)

Caty:)

Blaise
June 6th, 2005, 04:42 AM
just a bit of inspiration ;)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v234/Blaise_nw/sj1.jpg http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v234/Blaise_nw/sj4.jpg http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v234/Blaise_nw/sj6.jpg

i know, it's the same pic, but i couldn't decide which version i liked better...

haven't been on for a bit, so hi again everyone :)

Catysg1
June 6th, 2005, 04:47 AM
Sam and Jack end season 8 ..beginning season 9 :)

Flashbacks :D :D ;) :)

http://www.angelfire.com/space2/sci-fi/SJForest2.jpg

http://www.angelfire.com/space2/sci-fi/SJTropicalisland3.jpg

http://www.angelfire.com/magic/le_monde_perdu/SJIsland3.jpg

http://www.angelfire.com/magic/le_monde_perdu/SJpool2.jpg

http://www.angelfire.com/space2/sci-fi/SJfire4a.jpg

Enjoy :)

Caty ;)

Oma-1
June 6th, 2005, 06:49 AM
Hi Blaise! Nice to see ya ;)

I'm assuming you wanted opinions? :p

In which case, I like this one best cos the contrasts worked better for me. Kinda liked the idea of them being dazzled :D

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v234/Blaise_nw/sj1.jpg

But I really liked the heart detail on the second.

Blaise
June 6th, 2005, 06:55 AM
Hi Blaise! Nice to see ya ;)

I'm assuming you wanted opinions? :p

In which case, I like this one best cos the contrasts worked better for me. Kinda liked the idea of them being dazzled :D

But I really liked the heart detail on the second.
yea, that seems to be the favoured one. :) i like the other one more, just because the silhouette effect was romantic to me...sort of smokey. i can do the heart on the other one. i just like them all, it's a hot picture of sam and jack ;) so i'm a bit biased. :)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v234/Blaise_nw/sj7.jpg

Catysg1
June 6th, 2005, 06:57 AM
just a bit of inspiration ;)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v234/Blaise_nw/sj1.jpg http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v234/Blaise_nw/sj4.jpg http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v234/Blaise_nw/sj6.jpg

i know, it's the same pic, but i couldn't decide which version i liked better...

haven't been on for a bit, so hi again everyone :)

I like the first one too because of the light which is clearer and Sam and Jack too ..we see them better ;)

Caty:)

sierragulf_gurl_23
June 6th, 2005, 07:45 AM
Hey;I'm back.Bit of a recap:
my parents got sick
they got better
I went to a party
in the process:got sick myself
so it's been a roller-coastery weekend.But I''ve managed to keep happy with my shipping. Besides me:does anyone think Chimera is shippy?I do, despite the fact that Sam get together with Pete.Maybe it's Jack's genuine happiness that Sam is happy about something (or someone) other than Quarks...Can someone plz tell me what r Quarks? I have no idea...I think it's like doohickey or any other O'neillism.Maybe I'm just that ignorant,who know?
does anybody else thinks so 2the Quarks thing? Or for any other reason is that ep shippy?
BTW Blaise the first 1(of the 3 pics of S/J) is my personal favorite.
sgg23

MajorSam
June 6th, 2005, 08:08 AM
Hey everyone!!!!

Guess what!?!?!?

It was 4 YEARS AGO TODAY! That I first met Amanda!!!!! :eek:

At this very hour, 4 years ago, I was standing on set of Sg-1, watching RDA try and do a walking scene.... I wondered why he kept messing up, I mean, it's walking! Then I got a funny idea... I walked back slightly, out of his line of sight... BOOM, he got it right!!!

I was 'distracting' him too much

*Walks off in a daze of remembering that fateful day*

*sigh*

*is very happy today* :D:D:D

I'm glad those who got the vid liked it :):) Unfortunately, my site is STILL down, at least for me.... :S:S

Oma-1
June 6th, 2005, 08:13 AM
Hey;I'm back.Bit of a recap:
my parents got sick
they got better
I went to a party
in the process:got sick myself
so it's been a roller-coastery weekend.But I''ve managed to keep happy with my shipping. Besides me:does anyone think Chimera is shippy?I do, despite the fact that Sam get together with Pete.Maybe it's Jack's genuine happiness that Sam is happy about something (or someone) other than Quarks...Can someone plz tell me what r Quarks? I have no idea...I think it's like doohickey or any other O'neillism.Maybe I'm just that ignorant,who know?
does anybody else thinks so 2the Quarks thing? Or for any other reason is that ep shippy?
BTW Blaise the first 1(of the 3 pics of S/J) is my personal favorite.
sgg23
Well, if you completely ignore a certain someone and focus on scenes like the elevator then yeah, you could call it shippy. I'm glad someone looks on the bright side, cos I find that ep completely depressing!

Chimera must enrange anti-shippers (as well as S&J shippers) cos the whole ep is so chocker with ship!

Sam & Jack in the elevator
Sam & :eek: (nuff said :mad: )
Daniel & Sarah (he's trying to rescue his old flame - how much more shippy can ya get :p)

blueiris
June 6th, 2005, 08:22 AM
Hey everyone!!!!

Guess what!?!?!?

At this very hour, 4 years ago, I was standing on set of Sg-1, watching RDA try and do a walking scene.... I wondered why he kept messing up, I mean, it's walking! Then I got a funny idea... I walked back slightly, out of his line of sight... BOOM, he got it right!!!

*sigh*

I'm glad those who got the vid liked it :):) Unfortunately, my site is STILL down, at least for me.... :S:S

I am officially "greeniris" right now. Perhaps you said before how you got to be there, but I don't recall it. So, how did you manage to be on the set? And to see RDA and AT!

Blaise
June 6th, 2005, 08:26 AM
Hey everyone!!!!

Guess what!?!?!?

*sigh*

awesomeness for you!! ;) me=jealous lol.

can i suggest www.freewebs.com as opposed to using geocities for hosting for your site? i made the switch about three weeks a go, and i'm yet to be put offline for over data useage, plus there are NO banner ads. i know, pretty good eh? lol

LOL4JACK
June 6th, 2005, 08:35 AM
Well, I dared to ask Joe about AT's interview.... :eek: :eek: :eek:

Cross our fingers and hope he will answer :D

http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost.php?p=4284961&postcount=1217

samisjacksgal
June 6th, 2005, 08:54 AM
*pokes head in*

SAM AND JACK FOREVER! :D

*pokes head out*

PS........It's my birthday ill party if i want to, party if i want to lol :D

also

HAPPY BIRTHDAY QUEEN BEE + SACME...hope ya had a wicked day like me ;) :D *big cheesy grin*

sugarshaker
June 6th, 2005, 09:34 AM
The way Amanda said it, I think she meant that Sam and Jack are not married but they are together, that's sure :D

Woo Hoo!

http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/16/16_6_1v.gif

sugarshaker
June 6th, 2005, 09:38 AM
PS........It's my birthday ill party if i want to, party if i want to lol :D

Happy Birthday!

sgt.siler
June 6th, 2005, 10:04 AM
Happy Birthday

Samisjacksgal

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v284/sgt.siler/gifs/cazbdaycopy.jpg

gatebee
June 6th, 2005, 10:07 AM
Hey everyone!!!!

Guess what!?!?!?

*sigh*

wow how in heavens name where you able to be therein the first place. Did you have a special pass or something? You are so lucky. Especially the fact that you were messing about with rda's fron....hehehe

gatebee
June 6th, 2005, 10:11 AM
Well, I dared to ask Joe about AT's interview.... :eek: :eek: :eek:

Cross our fingers and hope he will answer :D

http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost.php?p=4284961&postcount=1217
crosses everything......offer prayers.....makes a thousand wishes.....does anything for TPTB to give us shippers a positive responces......

gatebee
June 6th, 2005, 10:16 AM
http://bestsmileys.com/birthday1/5.gif
SamisJacksgal

gatebee
June 6th, 2005, 10:17 AM
http://bestsmileys.com/birthday1/15.gif
SACME

gatebee
June 6th, 2005, 10:20 AM
http://bestsmileys.com/birthday1/9.gif
QUEEN BEE

shipper hannah
June 6th, 2005, 10:30 AM
Happy Birthday

samisjacksgal, queen bee, sacme
:D :D :D

http://www.clicksmilies.com/s0105/party/party-smiley-038.gif

have a shipperific birthday!

girlgater
June 6th, 2005, 10:46 AM
Happy Birthday to Everyone Who's Celebrating Today!!

Love the news from Amanda's interview!!! It does my shipper heart good. :D

Ok...I was watching Threads again last night and I am hung up on Jacob's death scene. Let me set the picture...Jacob has just said "I'm ready" to the Tok'ra and Sam has gone to his side. This leaves Jack in the observation area watching everything unfold. Watch Jack's face when Jacob looks up at Sam and whispers/mouths "I love you." Jack watches this goodbye and then immediately drops his head. I can't help but read into Jack's actions that yes, it is a very sad time for Sam, but also his regret on not being able to tell Sam those wonderful words that Jacob has just imparted.

What does everyone else think? Am I just reading too much into it?

dipsofjazz
June 6th, 2005, 10:48 AM
:D Happy Birthday! :D

:D Sacme :D SamisJacksgal :D Queen Bee :D

http://bestsmileys.com/birthday2/2.gif

shipper hannah
June 6th, 2005, 10:49 AM
someone wanted to know what a quark was before, i forget who.. so here it is:
Quarks are the little things that make up protons and electrons..
they come in different flavours: up, down, charm, strange, top and bottom..
e.g. a proton is 2 up quarks and one down quark (uud), and a neutron is (udd)
hope that makes sense! :)

Gatetrixer
June 6th, 2005, 10:54 AM
Gateworld just posted an interview with RDA from Now Playing Magazine. In it, he talks about why he left SG-1 and whether he'll return. It's at:

http://www.gateworld.net/news/2005/06/andersononhisisg-1idepartu.shtml

He doesn't commit, but I think that's just RDA being snarky. I've thought about it ever since I heard about the Spacey Awards. I just don't think that a guy leaving the genre behind would let his acceptance speech (from a pool dressed in a suit) be the linear bit (running gag) for a big awards show. It just doesn't seem worth the effort. So I've chosen to believe he'll be back on our screens.......

Even a part in a series that was filmed in LA would have to be part-time or a recurring role, because the hours for a regular role would be long, he would leave early in the AM get back late--too late to do the driving to school and pickup from school, etc. Just think of the hours AT mentioned in the last Lowdown that she has to work, or at least be on the set.

Gatetrixer
June 6th, 2005, 11:42 AM

I'm not home right now, but my French dictionary is. So what I would like to ask you (as you are French) is, "Is 'celibataire' a false cognate for 'celibate?' Or can it also mean "celibate?" If it does, that would fit right in with Sam and Jack being together, but not married. Jack may not be on the show, but Sam is "not celibate." Wink, wink. But please, the least(the very, very least)would be Sam's reply or remark to someone that she is not available. Naturally, we all hope for more than that. Thanking you in advance.

sugarshaker
June 6th, 2005, 12:27 PM
Happy Birthday

:) Queen Bee :)

:cool: Sacme :cool:

LOL4JACK
June 6th, 2005, 12:55 PM
Sacme
SamisJacksgal
Queen Bee

H A P P Y
B I R T H D A Y !!!!!

sg-1fanintn
June 6th, 2005, 01:18 PM
Besides me:does anyone think Chimera is shippy?I do, despite the fact that Sam get together with Pete.Maybe it's Jack's genuine happiness that Sam is happy about something (or someone) other than Quarks...Can someone plz tell me what r Quarks? I have no idea...I think it's like doohickey or any other O'neillism.Maybe I'm just that ignorant,who know?

Here's a definition of quarks. It's a physics thing.

Quarks
Quarks are fundamental matter particles that are constituents of neutrons and protons and other hadrons. There are six different types of quarks. Each quark type is called a flavor.

Flavor Mass
(GeV/c2) Electric Charge
(e)
u up 0.004 +2/3
d down 0.008 -1/3
c charm 1.5 +2/3
s strange 0.15 -1/3
t top 176 +2/3
b bottom 4.7 -1/3

Quark Masses

Quarks only exist inside hadrons because they are confined by the strong (or color charge) force fields. Therefore, we cannot measure their mass by isolating them.

And Chimera is shippy because Jack is so obviously upset that Sam is seeing someone.....yet still won't do a thing about it! There's no doubt he's irritated, because he just expected her to wait, like they had both been doing for several years. Remember, only after :eek: was there Kerry.

Even a part in a series that was filmed in LA would have to be part-time or a recurring role, because the hours for a regular role would be long, he would leave early in the AM get back late--too late to do the driving to school and pickup from school, etc. Just think of the hours AT mentioned in the last Lowdown that she has to work, or at least be on the set.

I'm just saying I don't think he's gone for good. At this point, all I expect is a few more guest appearances.....not his return as a regular (although I'll still hope for that in a big S10). But I don't think there's much doubt (no matter what water JM might throw on this hopefulness) that RDA will return to wrap up his story line with AT.....even if we have to wait for the very last episodes.

And:

Happy Birthday!

Samisjacksgal
Sacme
Queen Bee

lonely_star
June 6th, 2005, 01:26 PM
samisjacksgal, queen bee, sacme
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

I'm not home right now, but my French dictionary is. So what I would like to ask you (as you are French) is, "Is 'celibataire' a false cognate for 'celibate?' Or can it also mean "celibate?" If it does, that would fit right in with Sam and Jack being together, but not married. Jack may not be on the show, but Sam is "not celibate." Wink, wink. But please, the least(the very, very least)would be Sam's reply or remark to someone that she is not available. Naturally, we all hope for more than that. Thanking you in advance.

yep I don't want to say anything stupid but I think it is. Célibataire means unmarried so celibate. But be careful I mean I found that celibate is also used when you talk about priests or stuff like that so when there's a question of abstinence...in our case I'm not sure we can say that ;) :p
hope I answer your question, for once english and french are the same...good job ;)

Uber
June 6th, 2005, 01:41 PM

Ok...I was watching Threads again last night and I am hung up on Jacob's death scene. Let me set the picture...Jacob has just said "I'm ready" to the Tok'ra and Sam has gone to his side. This leaves Jack in the observation area watching everything unfold. Watch Jack's face when Jacob looks up at Sam and whispers/mouths "I love you." Jack watches this goodbye and then immediately drops his head. I can't help but read into Jack's actions that yes, it is a very sad time for Sam, but also his regret on not being able to tell Sam those wonderful words that Jacob has just imparted.

THREADS SPOILERS...

I think Jack was hurting for Sam and mourning for his close friend, whom he loved like a brother.

Grace O'Neill
June 6th, 2005, 01:53 PM
*coughs to clear her throat*

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEAR SAMISJACKSGAL, QUEEN BEE and SACME

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!!!

And many more..... :cool: :cool: :cool:

Lord Zedd
June 6th, 2005, 02:07 PM

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!!!

yeah happy B_ day to you SAMISJACKSGAL, QUEEN BEE and SACME

Welcome to all the newbies that are now around in here that I missed. It is good to be back in the shipper thread once again. :p So did I missed anything lately :( My exams are coming up so for now I won't be posting much but as soon it is July than _Anubis is really back. :D I am back now and I have my own forum. But I noticed that they have deleted more than 150 posts of me in here :eek: :eek: why??????? I had more than 1800 posts :( I don't understand. They don't tell me why they have deleted so many posts :S What do you think of my new signature? :D

florence
June 6th, 2005, 02:24 PM
http://yelims2.free.fr/Fete/HappyBirthDay.gif

Happy birthday samisjacksgal, sacme and Queen Bee !

Oma-1
June 6th, 2005, 02:28 PM

Quarks
Quarks are fundamental matter particles that are constituents of neutrons and protons and other hadrons. There are six different types of quarks. Each quark type is called a flavor.

Flavor Mass
(GeV/c2) Electric Charge
(e)
u up 0.004 +2/3
d down 0.008 -1/3
c charm 1.5 +2/3
s strange 0.15 -1/3
t top 176 +2/3
b bottom 4.7 -1/3

Quark Masses

Quarks only exist inside hadrons because they are confined by the strong (or color charge) force fields. Therefore, we cannot measure their mass by isolating them.

:eek: At least shipper hannah's explanation was in ENGLISH! Now I know how Jack feels. I'm sure if I read it a few more times it'll make sense :o

Oooooh! I think I have it! Quarks are shippy because they are together behind the forcefield, not caught either side of it :D

Being serious for a minute, I get the neutrons, protons and quarks, what is a HADRON fcol!!!! GCSE physics was waaay in the distant past ya know! :rolleyes:

Oma-1
June 6th, 2005, 02:33 PM
Hey everyone!!!!

Guess what!?!?!?

*sigh*

*raises hand shyly* Major Sam, can I have your autograph? :D

I'm sure there's a FANTASTIC story behind that little anecdote! PLEASE share it with us poor shippers who'll never be able to say they were a distraction to Jack O'Neill :p

(I'll beg if I have to)

florence
June 6th, 2005, 02:37 PM
yeah happy B_ day to you SAMISJACKSGAL, QUEEN BEE and SACME

Welcome to all the newbies that are now around in here that I missed. It is good to be back in the shipper thread once again. :p So did I missed anything lately :( My exams are coming up so for now I won't be posting much but as soon it is July than _Anubis is really back. :D I am back now and I have my own forum. But I noticed that they have deleted more than 150 posts of me in here :eek: :eek: why??????? I had more than 1800 posts :( I don't understand. They don't tell me why they have deleted so many posts :S What do you think of my new signature? :D

Welcome back _Anubis ! :)
Did you see the latest interview of AT ? Cause it gives us hope for S9 :)
As for your post number, I noticed the same thing for me a few weeks ago (after the latest crash of GW). I think post numbers have been recalculated for everyone (don't know how, don't know why though :S )

waterfall
June 6th, 2005, 02:43 PM
For more info on "quarks",visit this site:

http://www.pbs.org/wnet/hawking/strange/html/quarks.html

The elevator scene in that ep tells me what I already suspected, that Jack is alot smarter than he acts.....and he probably understands 75% of what Sam tells him.

waterfall

Oma-1
June 6th, 2005, 02:45 PM
Yay! Birthdays!

Queen Bee, Sacme, Samisjacksgal!

In honour of your birthdays, Jack's got out the bbq :D

http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/7/7_2_103v.gif

Don't worry though, the ShiptoBismol is handy :p

Lord Zedd
June 6th, 2005, 02:52 PM
Welcome back _Anubis ! :)
Did you see the latest interview of AT ? Cause it gives us hope for S9 :)
As for your post number, I noticed the same thing for me a few weeks ago (after the latest crash of GW). I think post numbers have been recalculated for everyone (don't know how, don't know why though :S )
Hm a few weeks ago you say I hadn't been posting much the last few weeks Ahwell I think it is sad to lose so many posts. I am going to bad. Tommorow an exam Wish me good luck people because I am going to need it. Goodnight.

blueiris
June 6th, 2005, 02:53 PM

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!!!

D I T T O !

jafacakes
June 6th, 2005, 03:03 PM
http://yelims2.free.fr/Fete/HappyBirthDay.gif

Happy birthday samisjacksgal, sacme and Queen Bee !

Shamefully borrowing it from someone much more talented than me (thanks Florence)
Happy birthday from me too :)
And isn't it a lovely day to have one's birthday :D

Oma-1
June 6th, 2005, 03:07 PM

(((girlgater))) I don't think you're hung up on it all. I think you're definitely on to something. I keep thinking that there must have been a reason why the camera went back to Jack at that point. I wonder if it would have been any clearer if we saw the Jacob/Jack talk that wasn't shown. I'm fairly sure it would have had something to do with Jacob giving approval and telling Jack to look after Sam. I think that the camera moving from such a poignant shot of Sam and Jacob had to have a good reason behind it. Maybe it was a kind of visual representation of Jacob handing over care of Sam to Jack, if you get what I mean (can't think of a way to word that properly).

I think Jack was hurting for Sam and mourning for his close friend, whom he loved like a brother.

I think there's a big element of this too. That scene is so full of different emotions. There's the culmination of two major things here. Sam & Jack's recognition and acceptance of each other moving their relationship on, followed so swiftly by Jacob's passing. There's all sorts of emotions flying around the place.

Both Sam and Jack are feeling the loss of Jacob keenly, as Sam's father, a comrade in arms, and a trusted friend. And at the same time, finally accepting how much each means to the other, and feeling each other's pain. There are going to be lots of different interpretations on their expressions, and each will be correct.

sacme
June 6th, 2005, 03:24 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v352/sacme/heart.gif Hey lovely Shippers!!! http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v352/sacme/heart.gif

Thank you so much for the lovely birthday wishes! florence, Oma-1, _Anubis, Grace O'Neill, gatebee, shipper hannah, dipsofjazz, girlgater, sugarshaker, LOL4JACK, sg-1fanintn, lonely star, blueiris, jafacakes thanks for keeping me in your thoughts, even though I haven't been around in a while.

And happy birthday to fellow June Sixers, Queen Bee and samisjacksgal!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v352/sacme/Birthday7.gif

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v352/sacme/floating.gifship sistah http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v352/sacme/floating.gif

Token
June 6th, 2005, 03:59 PM
Sooo many birthdays, sooo little time!! :o Popping in to express my birthday wishes to my fellow Shippers!! I'll have to catch up on the conversations latter!

http://bestsmileys.com/birthday1/10.gif
http://bestsmileys.com/birthday1/7.gif
Ship Sister (sacme) & Queen Bee & samisjacksgal!!!!!!!!!!!!
Hope your birthdays are
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v334/Token04/GraceKiss200.gif
SHIPPERIFIC!!!

wynter
June 6th, 2005, 04:27 PM
Sooo many birthdays, sooo little time!! :o Popping in to express my birthday wishes to my fellow Shippers!! I'll have to catch up on the conversations latter!

Hope your birthdays are
SHIPPERIFIC!!!

token i'm sorry i had to pinch this off you but WOW!!!!it 's so beautiful,what a fantastic greeting.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY GUYS!!!!hope you all have a fab birthday!!!!

gotta say it again WOW TOKEN i love it!!!

wynterxx

wynter
June 6th, 2005, 04:30 PM
gotta say it that kissing scene is giving me the shivers all over again,how great are they together!!!!

lots of fun i think they had together,just want a real one to top off their relationship even if it takes till end of season 9 i can deal with that.

wynterxx

dipsofjazz
June 6th, 2005, 04:31 PM
:D (((((((Token))))) I just love it when you pop in and post THE KISS! I sit and watch it over...and over...and over... :D

AncientKnowledge
June 6th, 2005, 04:34 PM
:D (((((((Token))))) I just love it when you pop in and post THE KISS! I sit and watch it over...and over...and over... :D

lol,Bev I would 100% agree! I love the KISS! Thanks TOKEN! :D ....

AncientKnowledge
June 6th, 2005, 04:36 PM
Oh,And for the love of the ship I "HAD" to ship-out my sig! I made it look blury,I think its kinda cool! hope you like!

Verona
June 6th, 2005, 04:42 PM

Yeah know what you mean should maybe have a warning may cause you
serious time lapses and complete loss of concentration tag before it scrolls up the screen at you and hits you for six. And yet not all bad.

Cassie
June 6th, 2005, 04:55 PM
Happy Birthday Samisjacksgal, Sacme, Queen Bee!!!

Oma-1
June 6th, 2005, 05:44 PM
It's even more addictive than the Light *sigh*

Here's another offering of that wonderful kiss - I only wish my photoeditor could use animated gifs :(

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v685/Oma-1/realdreams.png

nell
June 6th, 2005, 06:09 PM

Hope your birthdays are
SHIPPERIFIC!!!

Pretty please, what do I click to save this mini-video to My Pictures? Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. :D

nell
June 6th, 2005, 06:15 PM
[QUOTE=Oma-1](((girlgater))) I don't think you're hung up on it all. I think you're definitely on to something. I keep thinking that there must have been a reason why the camera went back to Jack at that point. I wonder if it would have been any clearer if we saw the Jacob/Jack talk that wasn't shown. I'm fairly sure it would have had something to do with Jacob giving approval and telling Jack to look after Sam. I think that the camera moving from such a poignant shot of Sam and Jacob had to have a good reason behind it. Maybe it was a kind of visual representation of Jacob handing over care of Sam to Jack, if you get what I mean (can't think of a way to word that properly).

Oma-1 and everybody and anybody else, was there a missing scene in Threads where Jack and Jacob spoke to each other? Or, is it speculation? If there was, I am deeply disappointed that they cut it out. So, I will use my imagination. Boy, don't TPTB give us a work out there. If no missing scene, there should have been. Boy, don't those TPTB let us down both ways!! :o

ShimmeringStar
June 6th, 2005, 07:30 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v470/ShimmeringStar214/Misc/SacmeBday.jpg

majorsal
June 6th, 2005, 08:03 PM
spoilers for s7's grace and s8's threads

i was thinking (don't laugh) and....

from 'grace' -

sam: thank you, sir

jack: for what?

sam: nothing.

sam holds back, jack holds back.

from 'threads' -

sam: thank you, sir.

sam: for being here for me.

jack: always.

sam *finally* doesn't hold back. jack *finally* doesn't hold back. we have progress! we have the beginnings of an actual relationship! :D

k, done, bye.

sacme
June 6th, 2005, 08:04 PM
OMG, Shimmering Star that is stunning!!! Thank you for taking the time to make that for me. I'm so happy and honored!!!

Also, Token your "card" was beautiful! Cassie and Wynter thanks for the lurve! You guys are the best!!!

(((((Shipper Family)))))

ship sistah http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v352/sacme/fainting.gif
(basking in the Shipper love-- which is extremely intense, btw)

Uber
June 6th, 2005, 08:05 PM

Quarks

Flavor Mass
(GeV/c2) Electric Charge
(e)
u up 0.004 +2/3
d down 0.008 -1/3
c charm 1.5 +2/3
s strange 0.15 -1/3
t top 176 +2/3
b bottom 4.7 -1/3

Quark Masses

<snippety doo da>

Well that was a waste of a perfectly good explanation...

;)

sg-1fanintn
June 6th, 2005, 08:07 PM
Well that was a waste of a perfectly good explanation...

All right! So I didn't understand it either! I just found what looked like a plausible definition and posted it. So shoot me! (hangs head in shame and skulks off to sit in corner)

sg-1fanintn
June 6th, 2005, 08:12 PM

from 'grace' -

from 'threads' -

sam *finally* doesn't hold back. jack *finally* doesn't hold back. we have progress! we have the beginnings of an actual relationship! :D

k, done, bye.

There are a lot of similarities in those two episodes (Grace and Threads), and I'm beginning to think they were intentional. So much of the dialogue between Sam and Jack and between Sam and Jacob was similar in both episodes. One must have been intended as a simile (or is it a metaphor?) for the other.

And we keep talking about a supposed deleted scene from Threads (which should have been a two-hour episode) between Jack and Jacob, where they discuss Jacob's impending death, as well as Sam and Jack's relationship. I heard about that soon after coming to GW for the first time. Does anyone know if it really exists or not? And, if so, should it have shown up on SciFi's web site? I keep reading that they sometimes post deleted scenes, but I've never been able to find any to view.

Or, should deleted scenes be included in the S8 DVD when it's issued? I'm still too new to know, and am looking to you all for confirmation and/or speculation.

nell
June 6th, 2005, 08:16 PM

k, done, bye.

Thanks for pointing that out. I bet the writers knew what they were doing. And, I think it's great. I remember other phrases that have been repeated, for example in Season 8 Citizen Joe: Jack and Sam phone conversation: Jack speaks of his "big, huge" plans for the weekend. Later, Threads, Sam goes to Jack's house and says she thinks she's making a "big, huge" mistake with the wedding plans. ;)

LOL4JACK
June 6th, 2005, 08:29 PM
Thanks for pointing that out. I bet the writers knew what they were doing. And, I think it's great. I remember other phrases that have been repeated, for example in Season 8 Citizen Joe: Jack and Sam phone conversation: Jack speaks of his "big, huge" plans for the weekend. Later, Threads, Sam goes to Jack's house and says she thinks she's making a "big, huge" mistake with the wedding plans. ;)
I've just watched Red Sky and at some points it sounded like Jack and Sam had kind of a cold...

I don't know, both of them, at the same time... a cold.... :D

Am I looking for ship everywhere....? :eek:

PS: I love these similarities ((((((((majorsal))))))))) (((((((((nell))))))) thanks! anybody got more :D

gatebee
June 6th, 2005, 08:35 PM

from 'grace' -

from 'threads' -

k, done, bye.

very nice analysis....

Daniel's_twin
June 6th, 2005, 08:52 PM
I've just watched Red Sky and at some points it sounded like Jack and Sam had kind of a cold...

PS: I love these similarities ((((((((majorsal))))))))) (((((((((nell))))))) thanks! anybody got more :D

Is it wrong to look for ship anywhere we can these days? I don't think so. :cool:

florence
June 7th, 2005, 12:07 AM
I told you the other day about this fic "Ten Easy Ways" here : http://www.samandjack.net/stories/sjarchive7/ngteneasyways.html

I read yesterday night the sequel to this fic : http://www.samandjack.net/stories/sjarchive7/ngteneasyways2.html.

If you liked the 1st one, go and read the sequel, you'll love it :D
If you have not read it yet, go and read these 2 fics cause they're very funny and you'll love the end :)

girlgater
June 7th, 2005, 03:02 AM

Wow. I had never noticed the big, huge statement before. I'm going to have to go back and watch. I had noticed and commented about the Grace/Threads similarities before as well. It had to be a deliberate move on the part of the writers. I guess if you work around someone as long as Sam/Jack have that it could be explained that it's a matter of association that make them say the same phrases. Still...I'd rather go with the explanation that they are so into each other that they are mimicing each other without even knowing it. I've also seen Sam/Jack duplicate each others body language on several occassions too. ;)

Lord Zedd
June 7th, 2005, 03:43 AM
Happy Birthday to all these people ToasterOnFire, thephoenix77, starfish (103), Wylie (25), Agent Scully (22), VXPHOBOS (21), lucky (19)
You can clearly see that gateworld is huge. All those people that spent their time in here. :rolleyes:

samisjacksgal
June 7th, 2005, 08:58 AM
Thank you everyone one for the birthday wishes lol :D :D :D :D

Token that grace kiss was .....wow.....just wow lol ;)

LOL4JACK
June 7th, 2005, 09:13 AM
Hello,

MayorSal posted a magazine interview on the Sam's thread, it has some nice info, http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost.php?p=4286453&postcount=8858 "Everyone is scattered to the four winds and Mitchell has to bring the band back together again. Carter will return once the threat of the bad guys becomes obvious and it becomes evident that she is needed to continue the fight."

So she is definitely in Area 51, Jack is defintely in Homeland Security so she is DEFINTITELY NOT under his chain of command.... as UBER always says, we have to look at the big picture :D all these years it was always the regs... no there is no regs so come on... it's not possible that they are NOT TOGETHER :D

Watyuthink? :p

Rogue
June 7th, 2005, 10:11 AM
Hello,

MayorSal posted a magazine interview on the Sam's thread, it has some nice info, http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost.php?p=4286453&postcount=8858 "Everyone is scattered to the four winds and Mitchell has to bring the band back together again. Carter will return once the threat of the bad guys becomes obvious and it becomes evident that she is needed to continue the fight."

So she is definitely in Area 51, Jack is defintely in Homeland Security so she is DEFINTITELY NOT under his chain of command.... as UBER always says, we have to look at the big picture :D all these years it was always the regs... no there is no regs so come on... it's not possible that they are NOT TOGETHER :D

Yep, I agree. But it would have been better if she was in DC with Jack, then called back to the SGC.

LOL4JACK
June 7th, 2005, 10:23 AM
Yep, I agree. But it would have been better if she was in DC with Jack, then called back to the SGC.
Between saving the world and stay in DC with Jack? Hmmmmm tough call :D

Rogue
June 7th, 2005, 10:38 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v474/mkmoulder/Stargate/Token.jpg

Happy be-lated Birthday Token!

Rogue
June 7th, 2005, 10:52 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v474/mkmoulder/Stargate/cake.jpg

Happy Birthday!

Sam_o_Neill
June 7th, 2005, 11:09 AM
ooh I was just popping in to say hello to you all again and saw all the birthday messages!!

Happy birthday to everyones birthday who I missed!!!! Token, Sacme, SamandJacksGal & Queen Bee!!! :D:D:D:D:D:D

And if there is anyone doing their exams at the moment like me Good Luck to you!!!! :D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Uber
June 7th, 2005, 11:55 AM
ooh I was just popping in to say hello to you all again and saw all the birthday messages!!

Happy birthday to everyones birthday who I missed!!!! Token, Sacme, SamandJacksGal & Queen Bee!!! :D:D:D:D:D:D

And if there is anyone doing their exams at the moment like me Good Luck to you!!!! :D:D:D:D:D:D:D
ATTENTION...ATTENTION ALL SHIPPERS!!!!

STAND BY FOR AN IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT!

There's been a lot of forgetting of birthdays around here...

*cough*not like I ever do...but I digress*cough*

...so I just want to remind everyone that MY BIRTHDAY is coming up in 12 days!!!!

So I would like to request a really shippy collage for my big 32nd B day.

THANK YOU.

THAT IS ALL.

Gatetrixer
June 7th, 2005, 11:59 AM

Quarks

Flavor Mass
(GeV/c2) Electric Charge
(e)
u up 0.004 +2/3
d down 0.008 -1/3
c charm 1.5 +2/3
s strange 0.15 -1/3
t top 176 +2/3
b bottom 4.7 -1/3

Quark Masses

And Chimera is shippy because Jack is so obviously upset that Sam is seeing someone.....yet still won't do a thing about it! There's no doubt he's irritated, because he just expected her to wait, like they had both been doing for several years. Remember, only after :eek: was there Kerry.

I'm just saying I don't think he's gone for good. At this point, all I expect is a few more guest appearances.....not his return as a regular (although I'll still hope for that in a big S10). But I don't think there's much doubt (no matter what water JM might throw on this hopefulness) that RDA will return to wrap up his story line with AT.....even if we have to wait for the very last episodes.

And:

Happy Birthday!

Samisjacksgal
Sacme
Queen Bee

Gotcha. I would not expect him to come back full-time to SG-1 However, I was harking back to the article where RDA mentions maybe working on other shows from LA, and I was pointing out (to RDA, I guess :D )that even working in LA probably would not allow him that much time with his daughter if it were a full-time role. Except for hiatus and a network show hiatus would come at a different time than the schedule SG has, I think, maybe they're off in the summer--nice.

sugarshaker
June 7th, 2005, 12:13 PM

I tried to give you some green but could not. All I can say is WOW!!

I don't think I could ever tire of looking at this. :D

gatebee
June 7th, 2005, 12:37 PM

...so I just want to remind everyone that MY BIRTHDAY is coming up in 12 days!!!!

THANK YOU.

THAT IS ALL.

Uber, you are giving me a very unreachable challenge....making a collage for you birthday in 12 days....I must get going.....uhm ...a SHIPPY collage for Uber.........HELP...can someone help me make a shippy collage for Uber's 32nd bday in 12 days .........ahhh...gatebee panics now...aaaaaahhhhhh

Daniel's_twin
June 7th, 2005, 03:10 PM

THANK YOU.

THAT IS ALL.

I'll see what I can do as well. :S

What have I gotten myself into? :cool:

sg-1fanintn
June 7th, 2005, 04:00 PM

I noticed that too. I'm thinking AT had the cold early in the work week, and RDA had picked it up before filming was over. You know how colds spread at work.....but I prefer to think Jack "caught it" from Sam in another way......

waterfall
June 7th, 2005, 04:10 PM

How do you know she's not??... :p

Mabey Jack got her a set of "rings".....no, not those kind!!!(well, mebey those kind too)...to make travel a little easier, when time really counts.
A set somewhere near DC and another set somewhere close to.....wherever she is.
...hmmmmm....me thinks that's a good idea for a fic if anyone would care to write it,(hint, hint) cuz I'd love to read it. :D

waterfall

waterfall
June 7th, 2005, 04:14 PM
http://bestsmileys.com/birthday1/8.gif

to everyone who had a birthday recently!!!
(sorry I missed them...my bad)

waterfall

sg-1fanintn
June 7th, 2005, 04:16 PM
Gotcha. I would not expect him to come back full-time to SG-1 However, I was harking back to the article where RDA mentions maybe working on other shows from LA, and I was pointing out (to RDA, I guess :D )that even working in LA probably would not allow him that much time with his daughter if it were a full-time role. Except for hiatus and a network show hiatus would come at a different time than the schedule SG has, I think, maybe they're off in the summer--nice.

He may be looking at TV movie projects, a la Pandora's Clock, or special guest roles in some series. Does anyone know who represents RDA---who is agent is? Just curious. I figure he's covered by one of the big groups: CAA, William Morris, someone like that. But I really have no idea.

sugarshaker
June 7th, 2005, 04:59 PM
I've had this song going through my head all day - and now I know why. It's the perfect Sam and Jack song! :)

Fly me to the moon
And let me play among the stars
Let me see what spring is like
On Jupiter and Mars
In other words hold my hand
In other words darling kiss me

Fill my life with song
And let me sing forevermore
You are all I hope for
All I worship and adore
In other words please be true
In other words I love you

*Wanders off, humming song and thinking about our favorite couple. . . .:) *

gatebee
June 7th, 2005, 04:59 PM
I noticed that too. I'm thinking AT had the cold early in the work week, and RDA had picked it up before filming was over. You know how colds spread at work.....but I prefer to think Jack "caught it" from Sam in another way......
now that is really very observant of you guys....spreading of cold by "bodily fluids"....very unusual way to ship....but since TPTB don't give us anything, we have to be very imaginative

sugarshaker
June 7th, 2005, 05:23 PM
*Ahem* Speaking of birthdays. . . . .

This is what I want for mine:

Note to TPTB: I'm registered at the Shipper Thread. You only have three more months to finish your shopping. ;)

Verona
June 7th, 2005, 05:23 PM
He may be looking at TV movie projects, a la Pandora's Clock, or special guest roles in some series. Does anyone know who represents RDA---who is agent is? Just curious. I figure he's covered by one of the big groups: CAA, William Morris, someone like that. But I really have no idea.
I know its a lady RDA mentions her in one of the DVD extras I think, no names just mentions that she become a close friend as well as his agent and shes represented him for a long time. Know this hasnt really helped but its all I got :p

Buc252
June 7th, 2005, 06:35 PM
I don't really think that this is OT, but . . .

Can anybody tell me how I can reach the person or persons who keep the CafePress store where the shippertown merchandise is? I had an idea for a new t-shirt and wanted to talk to them about adding it to their line if they liked it.

Thanks to anybody who can help!

nell
June 7th, 2005, 07:43 PM
I told you the other day about this fic "Ten Easy Ways" here : http://www.samandjack.net/stories/sjarchive7/ngteneasyways.html

I read yesterday night the sequel to this fic : http://www.samandjack.net/stories/sjarchive7/ngteneasyways2.html.

If you liked the 1st one, go and read the sequel, you'll love it :D
If you have not read it yet, go and read these 2 fics cause they're very funny and you'll love the end :)

Florence,
Merci beaucoup!!! Very cute and funny! :D

Token
June 7th, 2005, 09:22 PM
Uber, have you been taking "Birthday announcement" lessons from Tame??? ;) Well, if you're willing to beg then I'll see what I can "create". :p

Sugarshaker, in what size would you like your "GIF"??? heehee :p

Buc, contact sacme. She is the keeper/creator of the Shipper Store.

Token
June 7th, 2005, 09:26 PM
Here is an oldie but goodie that I made from the S7 Chimera debate on whether or not Jack sniffed Sam on the elevator. You can decide for yourself.

Visual Spoilers for S7 Chimera
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v334/Token04/SniffDebate.gif

Grace O'Neill
June 7th, 2005, 10:12 PM
Here is an oldie but goodie that I made from the S7 Chimera debate on whether or not Jack sniffed Sam on the elevator. You can decide for yourself.

Oh WOW :eek: :D :D He is SO sniffing her :D :D :D He is enjoing it very much... even closes his eyes!!! :cool: Such a "guy thing" to do! :cool:

Thanks for sharing, Token!

LadyJeep
June 7th, 2005, 10:46 PM

For me there's no debate. That was a sniff if there ever was one. And he really got into it! :p

gatebee
June 7th, 2005, 11:02 PM

Ya, Jack's way of keeping Sam in his heart. Since TPTB won't allow it. A very manly and suttle sniff of the woman in his heart.

Grace O'Neill
June 7th, 2005, 11:07 PM
Hello family!

I was browsing the net and found a S/J music video (Miss independent by Kelly Clarkson) and I thought it was the greatest tribute to Sam.

See if you like it...

http://www.salmonczar.net/motion.html

It's the 12th one down... miss independent :D

lonely_star
June 8th, 2005, 12:53 AM

silly question! have you ever asked Joe ??? It could be funny and i'msure it would make him laugh if he never realised how the scene looks like

lonely_star
June 8th, 2005, 12:54 AM
Uber, you are giving me a very unreachable challenge....making a collage for you birthday in 12 days....I must get going.....uhm ...a SHIPPY collage for Uber.........HELP...can someone help me make a shippy collage for Uber's 32nd bday in 12 days .........ahhh...gatebee panics now...aaaaaahhhhhh

12days...well it could be worse! mine is in two days ;) just a tought!! :p :D

lonely_star
June 8th, 2005, 12:56 AM
new spoilers: we can read in the latest spoiler Also of note to those interested in how the new SG-1's dynamic will shape up: Colonel Mitchell addresses Colonel Carter as "Sam," implying a certain level of familiarity.

:eek: well I'm not afraid about their relationship because for me J&S ARE together but I'm kind of sad cause Jack didn't call her Sam or at least hasn't ina long time... :( I will definitely not like Mitchell !! bring JACK back !!!!! :o :o

just adding that it might as well not show the respect Mitchell should have for Sam, I mean come on they don't really know each other, they just met, why is he allowed to call her Sam !!! :S :S Maybe I should relax a little :p guys approaching Sam would better be careful with me!! :D :D

Oma-1
June 8th, 2005, 01:58 AM
Hello,

I think Joe's sneaky PTB!

Remember that question - are the regs going to be addressed and he said they weren't planning on anything like it????

He could have just said "They're already taken care of" and we'd have bowed down and worshipped him like loyal minions :p

(sorry for my late arrival into this discussion - my internet went down yesterday a.m and I'm at the library :eek: )

Oma-1
June 8th, 2005, 02:00 AM
How do you know she's not??... :p

Mabey Jack got her a set of "rings".....no, not those kind!!!(well, mebey those kind too)...to make travel a little easier, when time really counts.
A set somewhere near DC and another set somewhere close to.....wherever she is.
...hmmmmm....me thinks that's a good idea for a fic if anyone would care to write it,(hint, hint) cuz I'd love to read it. :D

waterfall
I'm sure Jack will have asked his little grey buddy for help with transportation problems :D

Oma-1
June 8th, 2005, 02:03 AM
I've had this song going through my head all day - and now I know why. It's the perfect Sam and Jack song! :)

Fly me to the moon
And let me play among the stars
Let me see what spring is like
On Jupiter and Mars
In other words hold my hand
In other words darling kiss me

Fill my life with song
And let me sing forevermore
You are all I hope for
All I worship and adore
In other words please be true
In other words I love you

*Wanders off, humming song and thinking about our favorite couple. . . .:) *
I love that song! (Although I have to confess to being a heathen and prefering Robbie Williams version :p ) Read a great fanfic where they play hookey for the day and take off in two 302's and do just that! I'll see if I can find it :D

Oma-1
June 8th, 2005, 02:08 AM

You are so RIGHT!

I finally screwed up enough courage to watch Chimera with the commentary - and the commentator (can't remember who :o ) actually says that Rick sniffs her as she's getting into the elevator, and its a great touch! I can't remember the exact words - but it did my shippy heart good and gave me armour for the :eek: scenes.

Uh....hope I haven't spoiled the debate for anyone :S :p Although to start another one ..... :p

Was Sam wearing perfume or a different scent than normal that made Jack sniff? Or does he just do that every time they're alone in the elevator? :p

Does anyone think Jack realised immediately he saw Sam that something was different - even before she started humming? Or was he too distracted by savouring the wonderful fragrance of her, and didin't realise something was different until she started humming?

I heard a story once that Sam was going to hum something different, but couldn't get the tune down quickly enough, so she hummed the theme instead. Can anyone confirm or am I going senile? Was it a director's series or something?

florence
June 8th, 2005, 02:53 AM
I heard a story once that Sam was going to hum something different, but couldn't get the tune down quickly enough, so she hummed the theme instead. Can anyone confirm or am I going senile? Was it a director's series or something?

No, you're not going senile (or I'm going too :S ) cause I've heard the same story somewhere.
If I remember well, Amanda wanted to hum the McGyver theme but she couldn't remember it (she even asked MS but he couldn't remember either) so she hummed the SG theme instead.
Can anyone confirm this ? Thanks :)

Lys
June 8th, 2005, 04:36 AM
No, you're not going senile (or I'm going too :S ) cause I've heard the same story somewhere.
If I remember well, Amanda wanted to hum the McGyver theme but she couldn't remember it (she even asked MS but he couldn't remember either) so she hummed the SG theme instead.
Can anyone confirm this ? Thanks :)

I'm the third one going senile Florence because I heard the same story ! :D

lonely_star
June 8th, 2005, 04:47 AM
yep I confirm too !! ;)

Lys :eek: , did we convert you into a shipper ???? GREAT!!! :D :p

Well Oma, it makes me think that Jack, like an animal, smells the odor of :eek: around Sam :D you know the male fighting for the female stuff :D so maybe he feels there's something different in her before she starts humming...but once again got to say!! YAY for RDA!! this guy is awesome!! sniffing her in the elevator!! think it's a first on Tv shows! :D

fair_nymph
June 8th, 2005, 05:16 AM
Hey everyone! This is my first time here so go easy on me. I finally finished watching all of season 8.

I guess I've been a shipper since season 4 (Upgrades did it for me, it also happens to be one of my all-time favourite episodes). For a long time I thought it was just Sam who had feelings for Jack and that they weren't necessarily reciprocated (ala A Hundred Days). Once I found out the feelings were mutual, well I was sold! I've been a slow and steady shipper since. And, although my husband hates to admit it, he ships for Sam and Jack too. (I think I even heard his squee once! :D)

Below is one of my favourite shippy moments, from Divide and Conquer...I just *love* Daniel's reaction and response:

O'NEILL
She made a pass at me.

DANIEL
Sam?

O'NEILL
Anise, Freya, one of 'em.

DANIEL
Really?

O'NEILL
The host half.

DANIEL
Uh…that's odd.

O'NEILL
You're telling me. Odd timing too, don't ya think?

DANIEL
Yes.

O'NEILL
Apparently, the snake likes you.

[O'Neill is playing with his yo-yo.]

DANIEL
Really? You know, I think these are the Jack O'Neill moments I'll probably miss the most.

O'NEILL
What?

DANIEL
What?

florence
June 8th, 2005, 05:17 AM
yep I confirm too !! ;)
Thanks french fellows for confirming that shippers are not going senile :p
(TPTB may get us going crazy but that's another story :rolleyes: )

No she's not a shipper, it's totally hopeless I fear :rolleyes:
You can believe me cause I've been trying to convert her for a long time and there's nothing I can do, she still stays non-shipper :p

florence
June 8th, 2005, 05:24 AM
Welcome in the family fair_nymph ! :)
You're right, season 4 is the shippiest season. Divide & Conquer, Window of Opportunity, Beneath the Surface, 2010, Entity... *sigh* I love this season :D

PS : I love your sig too :)

Lys
June 8th, 2005, 05:31 AM

Nope !!!! :D :p

I just like to have some crazyness in my life, that's why I come to this thread when I need it. :D :D

lonely_star
June 8th, 2005, 06:24 AM
WELCOME fair_nymph !!!

Nope !!!! :D :p

I just like to have some crazyness in my life, that's why I come to this thread when I need it. :D :D

you want crazyness??? well I guess you opened the right door!! :) here you can find very special jello, drinks, pinguins, gold medals, a lot of crazy and funny readings, speculations...a lot of speculations!!, a lot of :S and :eek: and "WE HATE JM !" :D or "if only there were women writing the stargate scripts"!! and sometimes, we even translate Ancient :p :D :D

.........I love my family !!! ((((((((((all of you)))))))))))

pittsburghgirl
June 8th, 2005, 06:25 AM
new spoilers: we can read in the latest spoiler Also of note to those interested in how the new SG-1's dynamic will shape up: Colonel Mitchell addresses Colonel Carter as "Sam," implying a certain level of familiarity.

:eek: well I'm not afraid about their relationship because for me J&S ARE together but I'm kind of sad cause Jack didn't call her Sam or at least hasn't ina long time... :( I will definitely not like Mitchell !! bring JACK back !!!!! :o :o

just adding that it might as well not show the respect Mitchell should have for Sam, I mean come on they don't really know each other, they just met, why is he allowed to call her Sam !!! :S :S Maybe I should relax a little :p guys approaching Sam would better be careful with me!! :D :D

oh big fat hairy deal-so cameron baby calls her Sam. There is such a juvenille mentality going on with those guys that they are trying to have people make a mountain out of a grain of sand-forget the molehill. there are a number of reasons he could call her Sam-they are exes, their daddies knew each other, they knew each other from the academy, the pentagon, the gulf war...it isn't really as big a deal as the implication. and watch-the boys from vancouver are gonna bat their eyes and they say-what? we never said that cameron and sam were an item. bah!

Lys
June 8th, 2005, 06:26 AM
WELCOME fair_nymph !!!

you want crazyness??? well guess you opened the good door!! :) here you can find very special jello, drinks, pinguins, gold medals, a lot of crazy and funny readings, speculations...a lot of speculations!!, a lot of :S and :eek: and WE HATE TPTB :D or if only there were women writing the stargate scripts!! and sometimes, we even translate Ancient :p :D :D

I love my family !!! ((((((((((all of you)))))))))))

Whoaa !!!!! :D
Sure I opened the right door ! :p :D
And I know about the gold medals, I made them !;) :D

lonely_star
June 8th, 2005, 06:30 AM
Whoaa !!!!! :D
Sure I opened the right door ! :p :D
And I know about the gold medals, I made them !;) :D

I know that's why I wrote that ;) cause we THANK YOU a lot for that !! that's very nice of you ! ;) you rock !! and you're kinda a step-sister for the family members ;) well for that you have to write JACK&SAM together forever!! :D :D would you dare ??? :D :D

Lys
June 8th, 2005, 06:32 AM
I know that's why I wrote that ;) cause we THANK YOU a lot for that !! that's very nice of you ! ;) you rock !! and you're kinda a step-sister for the family members ;) well for that you have to write JACK&SAM together forever!! :D :D would you dare ??? :D :D

I dare, but I do it as I want it :;)

JACK&SAM together forever as friends !!!! :D :D :D :p :p :p

nell
June 8th, 2005, 06:46 AM
You are so RIGHT!

I finally screwed up enough courage to watch Chimera with the commentary - and the commentator (can't remember who :o ) actually says that Rick sniffs her as she's getting into the elevator, and its a great touch! I can't remember the exact words - but it did my shippy heart good and gave me armour for the :eek: scenes.

Uh....hope I haven't spoiled the debate for anyone :S :p Although to start another one ..... :p

Was Sam wearing perfume or a different scent than normal that made Jack sniff? Or does he just do that every time they're alone in the elevator? :p

Does anyone think Jack realised immediately he saw Sam that something was different - even before she started humming? Or was he too distracted by savouring the wonderful fragrance of her, and didin't realise something was different until she started humming?

I empathize with you completely. I CANNOT watch any rerun scenes with :eek: especially in Chimera. I saw the *cough* sputter* choke* date scene once and only once. I was appalled and angry that :eek: and Sam were together intimately *cough*gag*groan. At least in Season 8 Threads we saw little more of Jack and Kerry than waking up in bed and a chaste kiss. Believe me it was all I could do to watch that. :( Enough said, this is a downer moment!

And for a quick recovery, I am hopeful of the possiblities of Season 9. :D ;)

Oh, and Jack most certainly did sniff Sam!!! Gotta love that guy!!! :cool:

lonely_star
June 8th, 2005, 06:46 AM
I dare, but I do it as I want it :;)

JACK&SAM together forever as friends !!!! :D :D :D :p :p :p

:mad: :mad: :mad: I almost made it !!! :S :o ...someday....we'll get you! :D

Lys
June 8th, 2005, 06:52 AM
:mad: :mad: :mad: I almost made it !!! :S :o ...someday....we'll get you! :D

Nice try ! :D But you'll get me only in your dreams !! :p
By the way, for those who don't know, I'm not an anti-shipper. ;) It just happens that I enjoy more the adventure and the discovery on Stargate than the ship. I can do without the ship.
Correction : I can't do without the ships : Prometheus, motherships, cargoships, death gliders....:D :D

florence
June 8th, 2005, 06:57 AM
WELCOME fair_nymph !!!

you want crazyness??? well I guess you opened the right door!! :) here you can find very special jello, drinks, pinguins, gold medals, a lot of crazy and funny readings, speculations...a lot of speculations!!, a lot of :S and :eek: and "WE HATE JM !" :D or "if only there were women writing the stargate scripts"!! and sometimes, we even translate Ancient :p :D :D

.........I love my family !!! ((((((((((all of you)))))))))))

Well, there was a time where everyone was saying "WE LOVE JM !" when he posted in this thread here (http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost.php?p=54916&postcount=7807)

Remember that he was the one who made us create Shipper Town (http://home.earthlink.net/~rdapix2/ShipperTown.htm)

lonely_star
June 8th, 2005, 07:03 AM
Well, there was a time where everyone was saying "WE LOVE JM !" when he posted in this thread here (http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost.php?p=54916&postcount=7807)

Remember that he was the one who made us create Shipper Town (http://home.earthlink.net/~rdapix2/ShipperTown.htm)

:S well actually if I don't remember it's because I wasn't there ;) but thanks!! that's a very good correction ! ;) and BTW I like him, that's so great to come and answer our questions...even if sometimes it's kinda...not very clear!!! :D :D

Lys
June 8th, 2005, 07:05 AM

Love and hate are very strong words and emotions. They go with passion. Isn't it the rule for such involved people as you ( all of you dear penguins ! ;) ) are to go back and forth between hate and love ? ;) I think it means that you care about what JM says more than you're going to willingly admit. :) Especially when you're in a "I hate JM" mood. :D

Rogue
June 8th, 2005, 07:43 AM
oh big fat hairy deal-so cameron baby calls her Sam. There is such a juvenille mentality going on with those guys that they are trying to have people make a mountain out of a grain of sand-forget the molehill. there are a number of reasons he could call her Sam-they are exes, their daddies knew each other, they knew each other from the academy, the pentagon, the gulf war...it isn't really as big a deal as the implication. and watch-the boys from vancouver are gonna bat their eyes and they say-what? we never said that cameron and sam were an item. bah!

They are masters at strirring the pot! I agree. On several occasions I heard Jack call someone with the same rank by their first names. So who cares if Cameron calls her by Sam.

fair_nymph
June 8th, 2005, 07:54 AM
Thanks for the welcomes folks! :)

Ah yes, IF ONLY there were some women writers for the show...every show needs a nice gender balanced team writing and producing it...alas that is not yet a reality especially not in the sci-fi world. But we can keep dreaming and of course so many of the lovely fics here are written by women.

I take it :eek: = P*** ? LOL

Regarding Threads, I didn't mind Jack and Kerry so much...you could tell it was just a fling (even Kerry could)...definitely wayyyyy better than Sam and :eek: . Kerry I actually found likeable...

sierragulf_gurl_23
June 8th, 2005, 09:18 AM
Welcome fair_nymph...BTW: I'm sgg23
I totally agree.There should be more women writers for the show. It would be a lot more balancedand Kerry was actually very likable.I like her mostly for the onversation she had with Jack and his "issues" ;)
sgg23
ps. welcome 2 the shipper family

Rogue
June 8th, 2005, 10:28 AM
OMG, I just watched a very funny video. I found it on the Sam Thread. Here is the link to the post. There are a few scenes that go too far.

http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost.php?p=4287972&postcount=8902