X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks!

Comment

Confession to make. I was, I think, the first to get snarky about Sam's pink jacket in "Affinity." BUT, I saw a very similar jacket on sale recently, tho a diff color, & I snapped it up & am happy with it. You never know when your snark will come back to snap at you. BTW, after that I was at another store and saw low-priced knockoffs of her jacket.

Comment

Originally posted by gatebee
        The one that about the ending of M2 that I just thought of now and which makes me realize more that our Sam and Jack are together
        Spoiler:
        is how for the first time ever...Daniel and Teal'c disappear from the room so fast to give them time to talk about their plans for their time in the cabin and "fish". They were given their due privacy as we shippers have alwasy asked for
        hooray for Daniel and Teal'c
        http://www.clicksmilies.com/s0105/li...smiley-028.gif
        http://www.clicksmilies.com/s0105/li...smiley-028.gif
        I noticed something else about the ending to M2
        Spoiler:
        After Sam asked Jack about the fish and the video tape...listen to the tone of his voice when he says "close enough."

I think things are exactly as we think they are...there is that closeness between them and we will get our on-screen kiss sometime before the end of the series.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Happy Easter everyone!!

My celebration actually started last night when my boyfriend came over so we could watch Stargate together. (I didn't tell him I had already sat and viewed the show!). Anyway, at the end of the show, I just kept nudging him saying "Sam and Jack went FISHING!" He was laughing at me, but I got a kiss out of it Today we went to church and then had a huge buffet brunch with my family at a place called Maggiano's. I could skip eating for a few days and be quite content!

Trying to stay hopeful about a lil mention of ship in S9, but I am still mad about JM's statement about where Sam will be. And if AT doesn't have that baby soon, she is going to have to do a lot of extra filming to only skip 5 episodes. I hope she and the baby are really okay

Comment

Originally posted by Buc252
            Anyway, though, I'm not sure which it was. Pretty sad, though, that [spoil]
            I found that little nudge and her expression soooooo much more shippy than that POC kiss between the alternates.
            You got that right!! Waaaaaay shippier.
            Originally posted by Buc252
            Spoiler:
            And why was Sam so different anyway? She joined the AF way before the Stargate pogram came into being, so why would not finding the stargate have changed her life so much? It makes no sense.
            Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
            M2 Spoilers:
            Spoiler:
            Well apparently the chain of events from Ra not leaving the Stargate behind led to completely unforeseen consequences...since Sam didn't join the Air Force after all. How are they connected? Who knows? But then again, why would what happened 5,000 affect whether or not Kinsey would become president of the United States instead of Hayes?
            I've been thinking about this a bit too. M1&2
            Spoiler:
            I thought the diffs in Jack and Daniel were pretty much "in character" considering the major change being no Stargate found in Giza, therefore no recall for Jack and no Catherine to save Daniel from ridicule. But Sam was soooooo different. I couldn't think of any reason for that until

Originally posted by LtColSamONeill
            Spoiler:
            So this Sam was more emotional, whereas our Sam was more technical, so to speak. They were sort of switching places in their respective timelines.
            I think LtColSamONeill hit the proverbial nail with that one. If we assume (for the sake of this arguement anyway ) that most of the things that happened in their personal lives were the same, perhaps ALT Sam was more affected by the death of her Mum and the resultant difficulties in relationship with Jacob lead to her not being so confident and not joining the USAF. The lack of confidence in herself would also account for her job of just correcting other people's work instead of presenting her own. This could account for the difference.

As for Kinsey being President - Think back to Chain Reaction and ... the ep where NID use the alien mimic devices to make it look like Jack shot Kinsey (can't remember the ep name ) . With no Stargate programme as we know it, perhaps Kinsey got away with his sneaky, no good, sleazy attitude with less opposition. I'm sure in our timeline Gen Hammond had some political clout that influenced Kinsey's popularity. He wouldn't have appeared the hero cos he wouldn't have got shot. Not to mention the disk ... I hope you're getting my drift here! It's late and I'm not thinking too clearly

Then of course, it could just be that good old random chaos theory and I just wasted the last 10 mins typing this

And now for the Shippy bit
            Spoiler:
            But somethings remain constant no matter what timeline or alternate universe. Sam & Jack always have that bond between them. I think Elkeli called it starcrossed lovers? And that is NEVER going to change.

So all in all, Sam & Jack will be together, forever, until the end of time, in all AUs and ALTs - it just might take forever for tptb to show us
            sigpic

Comment

Sam Fan - the angsty shipper in me likes the Everybody Hurts one best, while the happy shipper in me likes Always.

So I guess tptb would go for Everybody Hurts, cos there's no big honkin' kiss in that one
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Gatetrixer
                Confession to make. I was, I think, the first to get snarky about Sam's pink jacket in "Affinity." BUT, I saw a very similar jacket on sale recently, tho a diff color, & I snapped it up & am happy with it. You never know when your snark will come back to snap at you. BTW, after that I was at another store and saw low-priced knockoffs of her jacket.
                Can't say I noticed the jacket all that much, I was too busy staring at that ugly rock (course, it would have been beautiful if Jack had been holding it ) shouting TELL HIM NOOOOOOOO! DON'T JUST SIT THERE, KICK HIS BUTT! HE'S A STALKER FCOL!
                sigpic

Comment

After being away so long to avoid spoilers, I would like to comment about recent eps. Threads first:
                  Spoiler:

Jacob's death was not a surprise due to seeing the title of a fic (which I now can't find), so I was prepared for some sadness. I was not prepared, however, for him to advocate seemingly just the opposite of his illusionary "Grace" talk, albeit in the usual non-specific PTB way. Also after reading about the sides, I knew about Sam's going to Jack's during the barbecue and Kerry's talk with Jack at the SGC. And there had been those spoiler photos of the Jack/Kerry bedroom scene. Thank goodness it was a very short scene(in spite of 2, yes, 2 photos in the GW ep section) and merely put in there to establish that they were an item. It could have been established some other way, but I suppose TPTB (male) felt that since Sam was "getting some" with Pete, they couldn't have "main man" character Jack being left out. So the scene didn't bother me all that much. I had thought Sam would break off with Pete before going to Jack's and didn't exactly care for the extended breakup scene. I was disappointed that the Kerry/Jack talk was changed so that Jack didn't say about retiring "I've thought of it" but instead said "Again."
                  Wouldt have been clearer of his thoughts, tho he def. didn't dispute Kerry at all in her conclusions.
                  It's not clear how much time has elapsed since the Jack/Kerry talk until the infirmary scene, but I suppose Sam knew nothing of their breakup. So I was surprised when she caressed his hand and then when he said "Always" I just about melted into a pool of goo. Didn't he say in "Grace" that he'd always be there for her? Def an echo of that as Sam thanked him for being there for her. Must confess that the lst time I watched I didn't hear about the Tokra coming so thought there was a priest with Jacob!!! (this is basketball tourney season so I tape and watch when I can) S/J definitely comfortable together in the scene with Bratac and Teal'c where Daniel returns. Was very surprised about the fishing, as thought it was only in Moebius. Not surprised when D and T showed up as had heard of that in early Moebius spoilers. Would have liked some real close shots of them, if we didn't get ship in the fishing scene. If not holding hands or a kiss(oh those regs), how about a nice close up of Sam and Jack REALLY smiling at each other? No such luck. But all in all I was happy with "Threads." Naturally, no names mentioned (as in the Kerry/Jack scene) or definite statements, but we're used to that, aren't we? BTW, someone said Kerry didn't hear what Sam said in Jack's yard, but what if she had heard something and decided it was time to interrupt?
                  That's all for now!!!!!

Comment

After being away so long to avoid spoilers, I would like to comment about recent eps. Threads first:
                    Spoiler:

Jacob's death was not a surprise due to seeing the title of a fic (which I now can't find), so I was prepared for some sadness. I was not prepared, however, for him to advocate seemingly just the opposite of his illusionary "Grace" talk, albeit in the usual non-specific PTB way. Also after reading about the sides, I knew about Sam's going to Jack's during the barbecue and Kerry's talk with Jack at the SGC. And there had been those spoiler photos of the Jack/Kerry bedroom scene. Thank goodness it was a very short scene(in spite of 2, yes, 2 photos in the GW ep section) and merely put in there to establish that they were an item. It could have been established some other way, but I suppose TPTB (male) felt that since Sam was "getting some" with Pete, they couldn't have "main man" character Jack being left out. So the scene didn't bother me all that much. I had thought Sam would break off with Pete before going to Jack's and didn't exactly care for the extended breakup scene. I was disappointed that the Kerry/Jack talk was changed so that Jack didn't say about retiring "I've thought of it" but instead said "Again."
                    Wouldt have been clearer of his thoughts, tho he def. didn't dispute Kerry at all in her conclusions.
                    It's not clear how much time has elapsed since the Jack/Kerry talk until the infirmary scene, but I suppose Sam knew nothing of their breakup. So I was surprised when she caressed his hand and then when he said "Always" I just about melted into a pool of goo. Didn't he say in "Grace" that he'd always be there for her? Def an echo of that as Sam thanked him for being there for her. Must confess that the lst time I watched I didn't hear about the Tokra coming so thought there was a priest with Jacob!!! (this is basketball tourney season so I tape and watch when I can) S/J definitely comfortable together in the scene with Bratac and Teal'c where Daniel returns. Was very surprised about the fishing, as thought it was only in Moebius. Not surprised when D and T showed up as had heard of that in early Moebius spoilers. Would have liked some real close shots of them, if we didn't get ship in the fishing scene. If not holding hands or a kiss(oh those regs), how about a nice close up of Sam and Jack REALLY smiling at each other? No such luck. But all in all I was happy with "Threads." Naturally, no names mentioned (as in the Kerry/Jack scene) or definite statements, but we're used to that, aren't we? BTW, someone said Kerry didn't hear what Sam said in Jack's yard, but what if she had heard something and decided it was time to interrupt?
                    That's all for now!!!!!
                    Threads spoiler:

Spoiler:
                    Kerry didn't need to hear anything that Sam said, though. She saw how uncomfortable Sam was as she stood there stammering and picked up on the vibe. Plus Jack was oh so delightfully distracted to the point that he sloshed his beer as he came up with an incredibly lame reason for Sam's being there.

Quick question about etiquette here: how long do we need to use spoiler tags for threads, m2 etc? Do we have to use them for Season 8 only? What about 7?

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by Oma-1
                      Can't say I noticed the jacket all that much, I was too busy staring at that ugly rock (course, it would have been beautiful if Jack had been holding it ) shouting TELL HIM NOOOOOOOO! DON'T JUST SIT THERE, KICK HIS BUTT! HE'S A STALKER FCOL!
                      Don't couples go together to pick out rings at all? We did. And ended up with an engagement ring I liked (and still do). I dislike those stories (true and otherwise) of men thinking up weird ways to propose with presumably having a ring he picked out alone ready to give the girl. Funny true story of a guy having his proposal on an arena announcement board in full view of the whole audience, and then the girl said no.

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
                        I noticed something else about the ending to M2
                        Spoiler:
                        After Sam asked Jack about the fish and the video tape...listen to the tone of his voice when he says "close enough."

I think things are exactly as we think they are...there is that closeness between them and we will get our on-screen kiss sometime before the end of the series.

Either that or,
                        Spoiler:
                        he didn't want to go back and stuff around with time after he's just gotten his hands on Sam, he figures a few fish in his pond won't make any difference.

"doooo doooo do di do do dooooo , do di doooo doooo do di doooo doooo do doooo do di doooo"
                        -Stargate Theme

Comment

I was not prepared, however, for him to advocate seemingly just the opposite of his illusionary "Grace" talk, albeit in the usual non-specific PTB way.
                          I saw this bit differently in Grace. I only saw Grace once when S7 aired and it was all a bit a jumble cos when I saw
                          Spoiler:
                          that flash of a kiss
                          I got soooooo excited I forgot almost everything else that happened Sorry, lost the plot again for a mo there

Anyway, Jacob.
                          Spoiler:
                          I thought in Grace, Jacob was telling Sam she deserved to be loved and she deserved to be happy. My shippy little heart took that to mean that she should find a way to be with Jack, not to forget about him and move on.

Wouldn't be the first time I got it wrong though cos
                          Grace
                          Spoiler:
                          Then I was fixated on the kiss and completely forgot that Sam was saying farewell to any relationship with Jack, so Chimera was a hell of a shock to me

Having now watched Grace again and again and again (well, a couple of scenes anyway ), I can say with authority that the optimum speed to watch the Grace
                          Spoiler:
                          kiss
                          is 1/4 slowmo.
                          sigpic

Comment

Don't couples go together to pick out rings at all? We did. And ended up with an engagement ring I liked (and still do). I dislike those stories (true and otherwise) of men thinking up weird ways to propose with presumably having a ring he picked out alone ready to give the girl. Funny true story of a guy having his proposal on an arena announcement board in full view of the whole audience, and then the girl said no.
                            You're absolutely right - my hubby and I chose my ring together, and I still like mine too Jack would know much better than to spring a ring on Sam in a park. He'd probably just drag her off base, into his truck, drive to the mall, stop in front of the jewellers and

Jack: Sam, you know I'm no good at this relationship stuff.....
                            Sam: Yes
                            Jack: There's no need to be blunt about it!
                            Sam: Jack, I said Yes
                            Jack: *gives Sam that adorable you're sobeautifulandIcan'tbelieveyousaidyes look*
                            S&J: Great big honkin' kiss
                            Jack: *pulls beautiful blue gem out of his pocket* I found this on P3X-595. It's the same colour as your eyes. I thought you might like to choose a setting for it?
                            Sam: *goes all soft and gooey inside cos he's so thoughtful and romantic underneath It's beautiful!
                            S&J: Another kiss - this time gentle and sweet (can't have too many kisses )
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Elkeli
                              Either that or,
                              Spoiler:
                              he didn't want to go back and stuff around with time after he's just gotten his hands on Sam, he figures a few fish in his pond won't make any difference.
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Oma-1
                                You're absolutely right - my hubby and I chose my ring together, and I still like mine too Jack would know much better than to spring a ring on Sam in a park. He'd probably just drag her off base, into his truck, drive to the mall, stop in front of the jewellers and

Jack: Sam, you know I'm no good at this relationship stuff.....
                                Sam: Yes
                                Jack: There's no need to be blunt about it!
                                Sam: Jack, I said Yes
                                Jack: *gives Sam that adorable you're sobeautifulandIcan'tbelieveyousaidyes look*
                                S&J: Great big honkin' kiss
                                Jack: *pulls beautiful blue gem out of his pocket* I found this on P3X-595. It's the same colour as your eyes. I thought you might like to choose a setting for it?
                                Sam: *goes all soft and gooey inside cos he's so thoughtful and romantic underneath It's beautiful!
                                S&J: Another kiss - this time gentle and sweet (can't have too many kisses )
                                I like this scenario very much. Now, if only we could get TPTB to pay attention. And you can NEVER have too many kisses!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X