PDA

View Full Version : Sam Carter/Jack O'Neill Ship Appreciation Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57

BrenRen
May 22nd, 2005, 11:00 PM
I'd split the difference. She gets the lovely white dress every girl dreams of, he get's the oh-so-sexy dress blues. Best of both worlds! :D

MedusA
May 22nd, 2005, 11:52 PM
Can I just ask where you guys found out that Jack was retiring? I've been looking and I haven't been able to find it anywhere.

Oma-1
May 23rd, 2005, 04:21 AM
(((Sky))) Good question, but for me, I don't mind the negativity. It goes along with the Family Atmosphere here in the thread. I like being able to express my S&J feeling - whatever they are here. Generally I stay optimistic, but sometimes I need to rant too. I wouldn't want to have to post only happy things here and then go somewhere else to post unhappy rantings (I'd probably be waaaay too depressed after visiting there). I think of this family as my home, and like my RL family, we help to uplift one another and support each other through the bad times.

Oma-1
May 23rd, 2005, 04:33 AM
Jumping back into the fray my question caused (sorry) ....

I've been thinking about this on and off over the last couple of days and going over the spoilers we've been given in various threads. My conclusion (until the next set of spoilers :p ) is still fairly positive.

Joe has been straight with us and said tptb will not be dealing with any S/J issues this season.

IMHO this means that there won't be an ep dedicated to it (eg D&C, Threads, Moebius). Well, lets be fair, they can't can they without RDA, and I don't think any of us expect them to.

JM hasn't said there will be no reference at all to Jack - just the opposite in fact. Tptb have said that Jack is still alive and well and will be a presence in S9 as Gen Hammond was in S8.

So I continue to ship for S&J, hoping for the odd mention of Jack by Sam or other SG-1 team members and a couple of moments of Sam saying she's not available to the old flames. I'm gonna watch, and see what happens, same as I have every other season. Just this time more avidly for those little things I usually miss .....

And last but not least, in Joe's own words ....

Just goes to show - you can't trust spoilers.

Oma-1
May 23rd, 2005, 04:48 AM
On a much happier note ....

I spent a really happy hour on Saturday morning "gateshipping" my new phone. I now have a real stargate ringtone (instead of the mono one I composed ages ago on my old Nokia), Jack & Sam Fishing wallpaper, and the wonderful Grace kiss as a screensaver. *happy sigh* Now all I need is for people to actually call me ..... :D :D :D

Oma-1
May 23rd, 2005, 04:50 AM
Just a fly by to drop in another pretty pic....

Hope in brings everyone some Shippy Cheer--Seems to be needed right about now!

http://67.182.11.54/Web/Sg1/The%20Moment.jpg

(((((Bren Ren))))) Wonderful stuff. Glad you're back with us :D

Oma-1
May 23rd, 2005, 04:57 AM
Just when I was starting to feel a little better, here he goes again.....

From Joe's thread, posted just moments ago:

Apparently they've signed the actor who played Orlin to reprise his role. So now what?

((((((((TN ))))))))) Don't worry!

Being purely evil here ..... (or maybe that should be Ori :p)

JM said poignant consequences, so to me that means Sam will be put through the wringer with Orlin because the Ori will do something unspeakably nasty and they'll have to save the world - or even galaxy, but Orlin will either die properly or ascend again and be out of the picture.

Leaving our Sam needing lots of comfort (behind the scenes of course) from a certain General .....

Oma-1
May 23rd, 2005, 05:06 AM
Can I just ask where you guys found out that Jack was retiring? I've been looking and I haven't been able to find it anywhere.
I've not read any spoilers for Jack actually retiring. Someone (can't remember who, sorry) did post that the actual RL equivalent of Homeworld Security is a civilian appointment, not military, which I think led to that train of thought ....I think its more wishful thinking and a response to Kerry's suggestion, so the regs aren't a problem, rather than canon.

I've been known to be spectacularly wrong on occasion though :o :p

Rogue
May 23rd, 2005, 05:14 AM
Hey guys, i have a question.

I was approached by someone who was a bit...well maybe frustrated is a good word. I know and appreciate that the spoilers for s9 aren't the best for those that like the sam/jack pairing. And i know folks are having fun venting...but there are some who would like to discuss without all the - what they percieve and call - negativity.

Do you think that we could benefit from maybe an off-shoot of this thread? Maybe starting one for folks who feel negative for s9 ship, or maybe those that want sam/jack positive thoughts only?

What do folks think?

and please, if you don't want to post in here, feel free to pm me

I'm not doing this to pick on anyone or choose sides or anything like that, just exploring options to find a reasonable accomodation or see if we need one

The negative feelings come and go on this thread. I don't think we need to split the family up. The negative feelings come from frustration of not knowing how Sam and Jack stand. We would have been more postive it they had given us a more definite resolution. But guys look at Sams assignment this way, Season 9 Area 51 is still on Earth and not that far from the base or DC. So they can still be seeing each other on the weekends. I feel better about that than if she was on Asgard ship.

Oma-1
May 23rd, 2005, 05:16 AM
Hello!

Hello!

Hello!

Hee hee, just playing with echoes :p

As I seem to have the place to myself at the moment ....

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v685/Oma-1/Thinking.jpg

Jack: Seems like we're the only ones here, Major. (smirk)
Sam: Yes, Sir. Perhaps we should be getting back to wo ....
Jack: Major.
Sam: Sir?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v685/Oma-1/7x13_21.jpg

Oma-1
May 23rd, 2005, 05:18 AM
:eek: :eek:

Sam: Jack! We've got company!

Jack: So, Rogue, *cough, cough* didn't see you there :o

dipsofjazz
May 23rd, 2005, 05:20 AM
Personally, I'd prefer to leave this thread as it is. If peope want to start an "optimism only" thread, they should feel free to do so. Putting a muzzle on people expressing their feelings and opinions is something I'd like to see avoided in this thread as much as possible.
I agree with Buc, leave the thread alone. We've been there, done it all before. If people don't like the fact that their fellow shippers are unhappy, all I can suggest is for them to post their positive thoughts and try to cheer us all up. If this isn't enough for them, they can always start a happy, positive thoughts only S/J ship thread. If you want to see the thread at it's most rantingly negative, have a look at the Shipper Archive Threads VII and VIII (http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=2419&page=355&pp=20&highlight=jack+shipper+thread+VIII) ! This is when the thread exploded! :D

girlgater
May 23rd, 2005, 05:25 AM
((((Oma))))

Nice pics to start a shippy Monday. Remember everybody, previews to S9 tonight on SciFi. :)

Rogue
May 23rd, 2005, 05:28 AM
:eek: :eek:

Sam: Jack! We've got company!

Jack: So, Rogue, *cough, cough* didn't see you there :o

Yep, carry on with what you where doing. Don't mind me.

pittsburghgirl
May 23rd, 2005, 05:39 AM
Yep, carry on with what you where doing. Don't mind me.
ah-timing is everything-isn't Rogue?

Rogue
May 23rd, 2005, 05:47 AM
ah-timing is everything-isn't Rogue?

Yeah, our couple has been interupted enough they should be use to it by now.

Skydiver
May 23rd, 2005, 05:56 AM
Okee dokee, looks like no one wants me to do anything, which is cool. just thougt i'd offer :)

One thing though....i know folks here are unhappy, trust me, there are spoilers for s9 that i personally find icky as all get out. and yes, this is a family and everyone has differing opinions.

but, apparantly, there are a few members of this family that are feeling distinctly left out. It is hard to carry on a conversation when no one will listen to what you have to say (i've lived this in real life)

Maybe, while the folks who are unhappy are free to post, well maybe if they see some of the folks who are trying to stay positive, they can respond to those posts as well?

Maybe being part of a family is accepting everyone and making them all feel welcome

pittsburghgirl
May 23rd, 2005, 05:56 AM
Yeah, our couple has been interupted enough they should be use to it by now.
Indeed!

pittsburghgirl
May 23rd, 2005, 05:59 AM
Okee dokee, looks like no one wants me to do anything, which is cool. just thougt i'd offer :)

One thing though....i know folks here are unhappy, trust me, there are spoilers for s9 that i personally find icky as all get out. and yes, this is a family and everyone has differing opinions.

but, apparantly, there are a few members of this family that are feeling distinctly left out. It is hard to carry on a conversation when no one will listen to what you have to say (i've lived this in real life)

Maybe, while the folks who are unhappy are free to post, well maybe if they see some of the folks who are trying to stay positive, they can respond to those posts as well?

Maybe being part of a family is accepting everyone and making them all feel welcome
here here! I know I have been Ms. Negative on this hit parade and probably more than bordering on the snarky and sarcaustic-but the one thing that this thread allowed was the varying degrees of opinion-positive and negative and I hope that we all remember not to lose sight of that.

Oma-1
May 23rd, 2005, 06:25 AM

Well said. Maybe I've been snarky enough just lately...... so on to happier things .....

Been reading some great ff this weekend to get the S/J shipper in me dancing again. This pair of ff really did the trick.

Infatuation (http://www.fanfiction.net/s/1725281/1/) and The Nature of Fixation (http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2027443/1/) by Angel Leviathan.

They're 2 diff fics based on the same scenario. In the first, Sam touches an alien device and becomes infatuated with Jack. In the second, they both touch the alien device and become infatuated with each other. Lots of ship, fun, angst and more ship :D

Rogue
May 23rd, 2005, 06:51 AM
here here! I know I have been Ms. Negative on this hit parade and probably more than bordering on the snarky and sarcaustic-but the one thing that this thread allowed was the varying degrees of opinion-positive and negative and I hope that we all remember not to lose sight of that.

What, you Ms. Negative! Tell me it not so. Well I have been Ms. Negative too and Ms. Snarky as well. I go back and forth from negative to positive depending on my mood. I do think that Sam and Jack are together. We will have to wait and see how much confirmation we get.

nickatell
May 23rd, 2005, 08:24 AM
I think a lot of the frustrations and negativity comes from the years of shipping and the depth of shipping. Obviously someone who just started shipping for Jack and Sam is going to still be positive as most of us started off, and for those of us who have been shipping for these two for many, many...many years, our positive level is darn near gone. Also I think it depends on who your favorite character is and if it is RDA as is the situation with me than we have that added blow to deal with as well; yet if your fav character is Daniel or Teal'c I could see how you wouldn't be "as" effected with the ship being on the back burners because you still have your favorite characters to watch; not to say your frustrations over the ship aren't real but that you just don't have that added hit in the head to deal with.

IMO I think we all have different boiling points for the reasons I have stated and we will all have to decide for ourselves what will be the best way to handle it. For me I know that Season 8 was not the resolution that I was looking for by any means; but at least they gave me another "moment" to dream over and I do feel that they "implied" that they are together. The only reason I won't watch season 9 (and I am not threatening or trying to change anyone elses minds) is because I don't want them to ruin what little they already did give us. As ses110 has said if they continue with the Sam boyfriends and Sam does show just even a little bit of interest, it will destroy my one and only ray of sunshine. No, like any real shipper I don't want to miss any positive situations between Jack and Sam and I am really not sure how I am going to hear about any positive news because again I don't want to gamble and read even a negative post and have the relationship destroyed in my mind. I might tune in to the episodes that Jack is on for my own personal enjoyment but I'm not sure yet.

Well, this way my little way to try and maybe explain why my posts seem so negative but like everything else time does heal hearts, I just don't want to have my heart ripped open again or even worse that it was misplaced all along. Class dismissed, no homework.

BrenRen
May 23rd, 2005, 08:30 AM

Hmm.... I should probably just stay under my happy rock with my mouth clamped firmly shut (or otherwise occupied!) but I'm not exactly known for that kind of thing, anyway... so... in spite of the fact that I haven't been here much for the last month---Blame RL He!! for all that!!

I've been one of those staying happy, optimistic and positive minded, even with the departure of RDA and the missing new mama AT; I've always been rather easy to please, and I was even satisfied with our "resolution" in Threads. So I'll jump up as one of those folks and remind y'all....

I've always felt quite welcome here! Yeah, I've noticed the rants, the negative vent-fests, and such. Rather than prolong the agony, I've taken a "lead by example" approach. I drop in, drop off a happy pic, a Sam & Jack Together Forever, and go about my merry shippy way. And even if & when I've dropped these off in the midst of massive angst and gripe tangents, I've always received warm responses, lovely bits of appreciation, even the odd cube of green jello.

I think I had a point there, I think.... something along the lines of... Don't worry, be Happy! Spread the Cheer! And the more you spread, the happier we'll all feel. Everyone coming here should feel free to express themselves openly, be it positive or negative. If & when the neg seems to out-wiegh the pos, put on a happy face, send out a grace kiss, and watch the shippers melt! Hey, it works for me! :D

Sam & Jack Together Forever!!! Sam & Jack Together Forever!!!
Sam & Jack Together Forever!!! Sam & Jack Together Forever!!!

Oma-1
May 23rd, 2005, 09:10 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v685/Oma-1/eolvsmile.jpg

Jack: So, another trip to the infirmary?
Sam: Yes Sir.
Jack: I'll walk with you.
Sam: Yes Sir!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v685/Oma-1/broca.bmp

Jack: I believe we were here before we were so rudely interrupted?
Sam: Mmm hmm

Oma-1
May 23rd, 2005, 09:19 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v685/Oma-1/018sol03.jpg

Jack: Never had ya figured as a snuggler, Sam.
Sam: Never was, Jack.

I know, kinda cheesy lines, but I'm not a writer! :o Just wanted to give the impression that she never wanted to snuggle with *cough:eek:cough*..... erm.... anyone else. :D

Rogue
May 23rd, 2005, 10:09 AM
Heres another version. Of course this one was left on the cutting room floor.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v474/mkmoulder/Stargate/oc007-comment3.jpg

Rogue
May 23rd, 2005, 10:20 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v474/mkmoulder/Stargate/oc031-comment.jpg

Rogue
May 23rd, 2005, 10:21 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v474/mkmoulder/Stargate/icon-2-comment.jpg

gatebee
May 23rd, 2005, 10:34 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v474/mkmoulder/Stargate/icon-2-comment.jpg
OMG......Ya you are so right....you, me and all the shippers.....

gatebee
May 23rd, 2005, 10:37 AM
Heres another version. Of course this one was left on the cutting room floor.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v474/mkmoulder/Stargate/oc007-comment3.jpg
I thought I heard something different. I can't post what I "thought" Sam and Jack said to each other because this is a PG forum. mwahahahaha

gatebee
May 23rd, 2005, 10:44 AM
pic fr myrth
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v205/FilBrit1/15243296.jpg
they can't take this away from us..........THE SHIP has been caught.

Rogue
May 23rd, 2005, 11:48 AM
pic fr myrth

yep, I just hope they reel it in.

sg-1fanintn
May 23rd, 2005, 12:12 PM
Well, now that I've seen the whole positive/negative debate, I feel better. I know I'll be in front of my TV on July 15th to see what they do, so I'm still open. I haven't been that negative by a longshot! I'm glad it wasn't me who upset folks, but I am sorry for any angst I may have caused anyone. My moods since joining this thread two months ago have gone back and forth between hopeful and sheer terror----ha!

Joe did make me angry with the sarcastic way he answered a couple of my questions, and some of you sent me some green jello to say you agreed. But since he has been the biggest part of my frustration, I've unsubscribed to his thread, and to Martin's. With the uncertainty we're facing over S9, they were just upsetting me, so it's best that I not be there.

Please understand. I have worked as a reporter most of my life. If someone doesn't give you a straight answer, your job is to re-ask the question until they do. So, evasiveness just gets on my last nerve. I first came to Gateworld for information, not innuendo.....so it's just best that I stay away from the producers' threads.

I was just concerned that I might have offended one of you, and I sure didn't want to do that. You have been great to me, and I now feel like I have a whole group of semi-anonymous friends all over the world! So, I'll be looking to deal with any frustrations I feel through humor now. Loved the photos from Oma-1 and Rogue.....and the insights from all of you. They've improved my attitude greatly. If you'll notice, I've even replaced the broken heart icon with a whole heart, so you can tell I'm feeling more positive.

Ok.....lunch hour over.....back to work. Have a great rest of the day!

florence
May 23rd, 2005, 12:24 PM
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y41/shippy_flo/SamJack/10.jpg
Sam : "Jack, it seems that the shippers are going back to positive thinking. What could we do to make them all happier ?"

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y41/shippy_flo/SamJack/Jack_32.jpg
Jack : "I think I have an idea..."

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y41/shippy_flo/SamJack/Sam_6.jpg
Sam : "Yeah ? Really ?"
Jack : "Well, I was thinking about something like..."

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y41/shippy_flo/SamJack/WoOKiss.jpg
"THAT !" :D

Gatetrixer
May 23rd, 2005, 01:11 PM
Well he didn't say we'd never discuss it again... it's just not front burner...which makes sense because no RDA.

They have to focus on the rebirth of the series with the new regulars and the new dangers etc. so I'm not surprised about this...

I wish it were different...but what are they going to do...hold Rick at gunpoint and DEMAND he show up and film scenes?? They have to move on...

At the same time, the Sam/Jack arc is a part of the series...TPTB know this and so do the stars. When they are able, it will be addressed...more than likely it'll be in subtle ways for most of the season...but hopefully leading up to something nice and onscreen.

On the other hand, series have been noted for never mentioning things again. On Happy Days, Richie Cunningham's older brother just disappeared! Went into a black hole, if you want to get Sci-fi-ish.

JackONeill
May 23rd, 2005, 01:39 PM
Hey, I'm new, but I'm just showing my support as a huge Sam/Jack shipper!

I just love the relationship they've developed, an dI can't wait to see if they do anything with it next season.

florence
May 23rd, 2005, 01:54 PM
http://bestsmileys.com/welcome/1.gif

Welcome in the family JackONeill ! Have fun and enjoy your stay here ! :)

sugarshaker
May 23rd, 2005, 02:01 PM
Shippy hugs everyone! :D

I've been on a little vacay and I've missed you guys. Click on this link to see how I've felt about the S/J ship the last two years (or any time you're stressed):

(Click on the pig's nose)

http://members.cox.net/ladysarakat/piggy.swf

sclairef99
May 23rd, 2005, 02:44 PM
pic fr myrth

GREAT pic!!!

S

ses110
May 23rd, 2005, 02:56 PM
Great points as usual nickatell.The Sam and Jack Ship could have been put to rest if we were given a real Kiss and an I Love You.That's all I was looking for at the end of Season 8.I have been very negative and I'am sorry if I brought anyone down.I cannot be sorry to TPTB.If TPTB did not want Sam and Jack Ship Fine.TPTB could have had Sam treat Jack the same way Sam treats Daniel and Teal'c or TPTB could have stopped the Sam and Jack Ship after Season 1 before things went to far.The Shippers did not create the Sam and Jack Ship TPTB and the Actors did.If TPTB and the Actors cannot resolve an issue after 8 Years fine do not start the issue in the first place.There are plenty of out of Work Actors Writers and Directors who would Love to have a chance to work on a Show like Stargate and who would have no problem with resolving an issue like Ship.

Oma-1
May 23rd, 2005, 03:15 PM
http://bestsmileys.com/welcome/11.gif

[cheeky grin] Yay! Jack's here :D So Jack, any spoilers for S9??? Are ya gonna kiss Sam yet????? [/cheeky grin] :D :p

With a name like that you will ALWAYS be a fave shipper. Welcome to the family.

wynter
May 23rd, 2005, 03:16 PM

I've been on a little vacay and I've missed you guys. Click on this link to see how I've felt about the S/J ship the last two years (or any time you're stressed):

god sugarshaker my coffee went every-where but i love the pig!!!!!!!!!

I have come to the conclusion that i will carry on watching my fav programme as thats why i started watching it in the 1st place due to the storylines and RDA, i will miss him more than he misses the simpsons when he's off world,but if we have a reference to him (i think he deserves that) i would be happy with it.As long as they don't disrespect Sam and giving her another boyfriend,i will be happy for him to phone and talk NICE things to him(ok would like a proper kiss).

I think though that their relationship should and will stay strong as long as we have this thread,because this thread to me is one of the strongest and happiest MOST of the time.We have been through the frustration the tears and the laughs together so we can keep this going even if RDA isn't in it.
Can you imagine Sam having a phone conversation all sweetness things being said.....WOW we would end up talking about that for weeks.

We are the SHIPPERS for our SAM and JACK,but we are also stargate fans,we all know what we want to happen and pray do we might have a snippet but hey we lived 8 years with it,if we have closesure at the end of season 9 then it's worth waiting for.Nobody knows whats around the corner!!

wynterxx

Oma-1
May 23rd, 2005, 03:16 PM

http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/36/36_12_6.gif
Boy can I relate!

(still laughing btw :D)

Oma-1
May 23rd, 2005, 03:22 PM
god sugarshaker my coffee went every-where but i love the pig!!!!!!!!!

I have come to the conclusion that i will carry on watching my fav programme as thats why i started watching it in the 1st place due to the storylines and RDA, i will miss him more than he misses the simpsons when he's off world,but if we have a reference to him (i think he deserves that) i would be happy with it.As long as they don't disrespect Sam and giving her another boyfriend,i will be happy for him to phone and talk NICE things to him(ok would like a proper kiss).

I think though that their relationship should and will stay strong as long as we have this thread,because this thread to me is one of the strongest and happiest MOST of the time.We have been through the frustration the tears and the laughs together so we can keep this going even if RDA isn't in it.
Can you imagine Sam having a phone conversation all sweetness things being said.....WOW we would end up talking about that for weeks.

We are the SHIPPERS for our SAM and JACK,but we are also stargate fans,we all know what we want to happen and pray do we might have a snippet but hey we lived 8 years with it,if we have closesure at the end of season 9 then it's worth waiting for.Nobody knows whats around the corner!!

wynterxx

(((((wynter))))) You said that so well. Bravo. Boy this family's great.

((((((Shipper family)))))

Token
May 23rd, 2005, 03:36 PM
Bev, you are right about THOSE infamous threads! :eek: That was Shipper meltdown!! But out of that dark mood Shipper Town was built! http://home.earthlink.net/~rdapix2/ShipperTown.htm Out of another dark mood, penquins joined the Shipper cause.

Every once in awhile people need to blow off steam; and as a Family, we can accept each other's steam and use it to fuel our creative juices! :cool: So let's remember venting our fustration shouldn't be a bad thing. We can use it to build a stronger, faster, bet-ter Ship!! :p

http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/36/36_3_27.gif (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZSzfw003)

Token
May 23rd, 2005, 03:43 PM
Hey, I'm new, but I'm just showing my support as a huge Sam/Jack shipper!

I just love the relationship they've developed, an dI can't wait to see if they do anything with it next season.

http://bestsmileys.com/welcome/12.gif
JackONeill
We all are having a hard time waiting to see if they do anything with it! :p
Grab a chair and a drink!
http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/28/28_1_16.gif (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZSzfw003)

Token
May 23rd, 2005, 03:49 PM
I have to share this with my Shipper Family!! As I was catching up on the forum today, my 5yr old daughter was drawing on the floor next to my chair. This is the picture she drew

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v334/Token04/Stargate52305wNames.bmp

(I added the blue text after she identified who was who. :D ) Ahh, the joys of motherhood! :p

florence
May 23rd, 2005, 03:59 PM
I have to share this with my Shipper Family!! As I was catching up on the forum today, my 5yr old daughter was drawing on the floor next to my chair. This is the picture she drew

(I added the blue text after she identified who was who. :D ) Ahh, the joys of motherhood! :p

That's so sweet ! :)
So your daughter is a SG fan too ? Or is it because you talk too much about SG at home ? ;) :)

wynter
May 23rd, 2005, 04:23 PM

ahhhh token another little shiplet added to the family,how sweet is it that she even put sam and jack next to each other!
My 3 year old goes around sayin 'for cryin out loud'at every-thing which her teachers found quite amusing,little mini shiplets,maybe tptb could listen to what they have to say,because even they know jack and sam need to be with each other.My little girl asks why sam calls jack sir all the time she can't get her head round it,while my 8 year old thinks i'm nuts by jumping up and down when i watch threads and mobieus.

Think you need to give your little shiplet one of ship nanas huge cookies as a reward.

wynterxx

wynter
May 23rd, 2005, 04:28 PM
(((((wynter))))) You said that so well. Bravo. Boy this family's great.

((((((Shipper family)))))

((((((((((((((oma))))))))))))

thank-you yep i know that this shipper family is the best you won't find any-where else like it.thanks for the links to those stories earlier very good,remember to let me know if their are any other good ones i need to read.

((((((((((((((((((((((i love my shipper family)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

wynterxx

sclairef99
May 23rd, 2005, 06:04 PM
Well said. Maybe I've been snarky enough just lately...... so on to happier things .....

Been reading some great ff this weekend to get the S/J shipper in me dancing again. This pair of ff really did the trick.

Infatuation (http://www.fanfiction.net/s/1725281/1/) and The Nature of Fixation (http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2027443/1/) by Angel Leviathan.

They're 2 diff fics based on the same scenario. In the first, Sam touches an alien device and becomes infatuated with Jack. In the second, they both touch the alien device and become infatuated with each other. Lots of ship, fun, angst and more ship :D

Oma!
Thanks for the ship fic recommendation....I've been pouring through the ship fic over the last several days! I enjoyed these!

S

Buc252
May 23rd, 2005, 07:03 PM

I'd love to check them out, but I just don't have the time or energy to download all those parts! LOL. Does anybody know where I can find these stories in one piece?

Thanks if you can!!

BrenRen
May 23rd, 2005, 07:03 PM
Ahh, Stargate Monday....

Just finished "The Light"...

Jack: "Three weeks in a palace by the beach...."
Too bad we didn't get to see Sam's expression in reaction to that comment!

So....any good post "The Light" Fic Recs, anyone? My muse is still comatose...

Buc252
May 23rd, 2005, 07:10 PM

That is so adorable! But what is the little dot in the middle of each body? Don't tell me that's their bellybuttons and they're all nekkid!!! LOL. I love that the only guy she put Sam next to was Jack, though.

Even a five-year-old can see it!! <g>

Token
May 23rd, 2005, 07:37 PM
That's so sweet ! :)
So your daughter is a SG fan too ? Or is it because you talk too much about SG at home ? ;) :)
Hmmmm... I'm not sure how to answer that.:p Both my kids know all about the show, and, of course, I have to answer all their questions.:rolleyes: My son (6yrs) loves the replicators. He even made one out of legos. :cool:

Token
May 23rd, 2005, 07:46 PM
ahhhh token another little shiplet added to the family,how sweet is it that she even put sam and jack next to each other!
My 3 year old goes around sayin 'for cryin out loud'at every-thing which her teachers found quite amusing,little mini shiplets,maybe tptb could listen to what they have to say,because even they know jack and sam need to be with each other.My little girl asks why sam calls jack sir all the time she can't get her head round it,while my 8 year old thinks i'm nuts by jumping up and down when i watch threads and mobieus.

Think you need to give your little shiplet one of ship nanas huge cookies as a reward.

wynterxx
LOL! I can just hear a 3yr old saying "for crying out loud". I would be rolling on the floor. I think we have a duty to brainwash...er...indoctrinate....hmm....educate children early to the importance of the Stargate program, and how Sam and Jack being together keeps this reality safe. ;) What??? What do you mean it's just a TV show??? :p

I will definitely save her picture in my keepsake box! I will have to choose one of Ship Nana's cookies wisely. Wouldn't want to give her one of meimei's happy cookies or a yellow one! :p

Token
May 23rd, 2005, 07:49 PM
I'd love to check them out, but I just don't have the time or energy to download all those parts! LOL. Does anybody know where I can find these stories in one piece?

Thanks if you can!!

I'm with you! I wish there was a option to print it all together. Let me know too if there is a way to get the whole thing together.

Token
May 23rd, 2005, 07:54 PM
That is so adorable! But what is the little dot in the middle of each body? Don't tell me that's their bellybuttons and they're all nekkid!!! LOL. I love that the only guy she put Sam next to was Jack, though.

Even a five-year-old can see it!! <g>
LOL!! I didn't even notice they were nekkid!! :eek: :eek: heehee Probably just like it would be that Sam and Jack can't even be alone when they are nekkid. :rolleyes: :p

majorsal
May 23rd, 2005, 08:03 PM
Well, now that I've seen the whole positive/negative debate, I feel better. I know I'll be in front of my TV on July 15th to see what they do, so I'm still open. I haven't been that negative by a longshot! I'm glad it wasn't me who upset folks, but I am sorry for any angst I may have caused anyone. My moods since joining this thread two months ago have gone back and forth between hopeful and sheer terror----ha!

Joe did make me angry with the sarcastic way he answered a couple of my questions, and some of you sent me some green jello to say you agreed. But since he has been the biggest part of my frustration, I've unsubscribed to his thread, and to Martin's. With the uncertainty we're facing over S9, they were just upsetting me, so it's best that I not be there.

Please understand. I have worked as a reporter most of my life. If someone doesn't give you a straight answer, your job is to re-ask the question until they do. So, evasiveness just gets on my last nerve. I first came to Gateworld for information, not innuendo.....so it's just best that I stay away from the producers' threads.

I was just concerned that I might have offended one of you, and I sure didn't want to do that. You have been great to me, and I now feel like I have a whole group of semi-anonymous friends all over the world! So, I'll be looking to deal with any frustrations I feel through humor now. Loved the photos from Oma-1 and Rogue.....and the insights from all of you. They've improved my attitude greatly. If you'll notice, I've even replaced the broken heart icon with a whole heart, so you can tell I'm feeling more positive.

Ok.....lunch hour over.....back to work. Have a great rest of the day!

the one thing i have to say, sg-1fanintn... be yourself, whether it be super negative, super positive, or in between.

sally :)

CaptainRoo
May 23rd, 2005, 08:17 PM
*dashes in in a mad rush and skids to a stop* I'm brand new, but I found my way here quickly :)

Despite all the dangers that can come with finally putting together 2 characters who have had a long running 'thing,' come on alreadyyyyyyyy! Of course part of the fun is having that tension there, but I think that 8 seasons is plenty of time for that.

Anyway, just saying hi :)

TheNewestFan
May 23rd, 2005, 10:31 PM
Hello everyone!

I just wanted to share the wonderful weekend experience that I had. My husband and I, plus some of his family, went to Sea World, San Diego. There were SO many things that reminded me of Stargate; it was awesome!

1. The Atlantis Ride - well the name itself was fun, but there were also interesting decorations on the walls, reminded me of gate symbols!!!

2. The Arctic Ride - so you sit in this small room that supposed to give you the helicopter flight feeling (which it does!)... and all of a sudden a screen opens up - totally looks like the blast door/window in the control room. I was also hoping to see Jack in the pilot's seat, but that didn't happen :(

3. The Arctic - the insides look like the episode "Frozen".

4. And, most importantly, there were lots of PENGUINS!!!!! Always happy to see penguins to remind me of Jack and Sam ship.

So, have any public/tourist places reminded you of Sam and Jack lately?

ForeverSg1
May 23rd, 2005, 11:11 PM
*Sneaks in to see what the mood is like around the shipper thread today*

Oooh lots of happy little shippers!!!

Since everyone is in much happier mood today, I thought I'd drop this off.

All is forgiven (http://img277.echo.cx/img277/4643/forgive5dg.jpg)

Thanks to UberSG1Fan for a few creative suggestions.

Hope ya like,

Kat

Oma-1
May 23rd, 2005, 11:15 PM
(((((Kat)))))) Fantastic! Downloading ...... now! :D :D

Welcome to more newbies!!!!! Captain Roo and The Newest Fan :D

Hope you enjoy the family. Post lots!

Oma-1
May 23rd, 2005, 11:23 PM
Bren Ren - Here's one for ya. Florence posted the link a while ago, but its still a good read - I've lost count how many times I've read it :D

A Light In The Darkness (http://www.samandjack.net/stories/sjarchive3/acalightinthedarkness.html)

I'm just checking to see if I can find the other two complete somewhere.....

Found this one though :D

The Post-it Conspiracy (http://freemind.intoxicate-me.org/stargate/humour/thepostitconspiracy.htm)

Oma-1
May 23rd, 2005, 11:39 PM
Token - that picture is just too cute! I love the Earth symbol too. I love seeing our little mini shippers contributions to the family. That pic deserves some jello. I hope you have some in the cupboard. (I'm told I'm not a real stargate fan cos I have orange and red - not blue and green. :rolleyes: )

Just yesterday my 10 year old son corrected me cos I had one word wrong in a Jack quote. I said "a" instead of "the". He's a perfectionist :p

Catysg1
May 24th, 2005, 04:07 AM
oh, honey...

(((sg-1fanintn)))

i know it looks bleak, but look how bleak it looked with pete introduced/around/engaged to sam.

i really don't know how much s/j ship's going to be in season 9, but i haven't gotten the impression it'll be gone. i think things will heat up at the end of season 9 (if it's THE end), and if not, then in season 10. i doubt they're going to ship sam (and i mean sam 'responding' to the guy, not just the guy desiring her) with another guy. i'm hoping for some sort of acknowledgment that sam and jack are in an agreement. and i also know this is once again lowering my expectations, but i have no choice. i 'have' to roll with the flow or drown. i actually haven't been upset by what joe and rob have said, because at least we're *finally* getting an idea of what to expect. and, to me, it ain't sounding so bad. it's still giving me squees for the future for them.

sally :)

I think to have the ship mentionned ONLY at the end of season 9 or season 10 is a bit late ..It does not happen like that in other shows .The ship is usually consitant specially when it's an important part of the series which of course TPTB made important themselves ..Of course the 2 lead actors are usually around for consistant ship ..but still with one missing , the ship could be felt in mostly nearly each episode without being over the top . ....

.....it could actually be a very good idea to please antis and shippers both at the same time .

here you go Joe Malozzi shoud really give a bone to the shippers by just saying that Sam will mention Jack through the season ....

.....it's really mean to not want to even say that ..After all if they want the shippers to watch , all they have to do is to say that the ship is not FORGOTTEN but will be very light in season 9 ..Not hard I think to say something like that .!!!

Caty :)

Catysg1
May 24th, 2005, 04:17 AM
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaa caty,i am really sad that his will be the last sam and jack video.Whenever i have felt down about their relationship i always throw one of your vid's on,which make me so happy,hell i throw them on nearly every-day when i'm having a bad day,but at least you have taken the time to put these wonderful videos together for all of us to share and for that i am very grateful.

i wish we could have a final one at the end of season 9 with them properly together then that would complete the circle.

From the bottom of my heart thank-you caty for all the hard work you have done and all the happiness you've brought us.A huge shipper hug from me.

wynterxx

(((wynter))) Of course if there is a great REAL kiss or whatever in finale season 9 or 10 !!!!, I 'll probably make a video for that occasion ...but that means another year or 2 ..so we'll see then ;)

In the meantime ...shippers.... enjoy season 9 and I speak to you occasionnally on the thread when I check up ;)

Catysg1
May 24th, 2005, 04:24 AM
i had been considering a "Pigs will become Kosher and fly before I.......(fill in the blank) season 9."

I get really steamed when i read about what they are doing and not doing-and rumor has it-becuz I cannot confirm this-that they are deliberately trying to put teyla and john closer to aggravate the weir/shep people. and then JM basically saying that they are going to go on the premise that s/j never happened-steams me big time.

I could not believe it when I read that about Teyla/ John ship in season 2 Atlantis ...The shippers Weir /Sheppard must be feeling really down about that !!!! :( It's so appalling that they have to treat the ship , any ship like a triangle love just to annoy the shippers on both side ..Season 2 looks like a bad season for the Weir/Sheppard shippers .Hopefully season 3 will be for them .....but really honestly Stargate TPTB should stop introducing ship in their shows . They are not sensitive enough to deal with adult love .

Rogue
May 24th, 2005, 05:03 AM
I think to have the ship mentionned ONLY at the end of season 9 or season 10 is a bit late ..It does not happen like that in other shows .The ship is usually consitant specially when it's an important part of the series which of course TPTB made important themselves ..Of course the 2 lead actors are usually around for consistant ship ..but still with one missing , the ship could be felt in mostly nearly each episode without being over the top . ....

.....it could actually be a very good idea to please antis and shippers both at the same time .

here you go Joe Malozzi shoud really give a bone to the shippers by just saying that Sam will mention Jack through the season ....

.....it's really mean to not want to even say that ..After all if they want the shippers to watch , all they have to do is to say that the ship is not FORGOTTEN but will be very light in season 9 ..Not hard I think to say something like that .!!!

Yeah, it seem like they enjoy pissing us off. Everything they say has a negative spin to it.

Rogue
May 24th, 2005, 05:07 AM
I could not believe it when I read that about Teyla/ John ship in season 2 Atlantis ...The shippers Weir /Sheppard must be feeling really down about that !!!! :( It's so appalling that they have to treat the ship , any ship like a triangle love just to annoy the shippers on both side ..Season 2 looks like a bad season for the Weir/Sheppard shippers .Hopefully season 3 will be for them .....but really honestly Stargate TPTB should stop introducing ship in their shows . They are not sensitive enough to deal with adult love .

Shipping for any couple on Stargate is just going to lead to frustration.

florence
May 24th, 2005, 05:10 AM

Slightly OT but since Caty talked about that and hey, it's still ship ;)
I can't talk for all the Shep/Weir shippers but if you go and have a look in the Shep/Weir ship thread, you'll see that we're not feeling down at all. As for me, I don't see any competition between Teyla and Weir cause I don't see Shep/Teyla ship :) .

Now about S9, we're talking about ship/no ship but let's think about this : we only have some little bits of information about the first half of S9. We don't even know for now if there won't be some reference to SJ ship in these episodes.
And we also have to remember this : in S7 and S8, there wasn't much SJ ship in the first half of the seasons. We had to wait for the 2nd half to have episodes like Heroes, Death Knell, Grace, Lost City in S7, and Citizen Joe or Threads in S8.
So let's not give up our hopes :)

florence
May 24th, 2005, 05:13 AM
Yeah, it seem like they enjoy pissing us off. Everything they say has a negative spin to it.

Then we should probably stop listening to what they say and just watch the episodes and make our own mind :)

girlgater
May 24th, 2005, 05:34 AM
*Sneaks in to see what the mood is like around the shipper thread today*

Oooh lots of happy little shippers!!!

Since everyone is in much happier mood today, I thought I'd drop this off.

All is forgiven (http://img277.echo.cx/img277/4643/forgive5dg.jpg)

Thanks to UberSG1Fan for a few creative suggestions.

Hope ya like,

Kat

All I can say is WOW...

Rogue
May 24th, 2005, 06:03 AM
Then we should probably stop listening to what they say and just watch the episodes and make our own mind :)

I agree.

An Ancient
May 24th, 2005, 06:11 AM
Or club together and buy the franchise.

I wonder how much it would cost...

pittsburghgirl
May 24th, 2005, 06:19 AM

yeah I like that idea-then we can show it how it is done. In fact hire some good women writers-let AT direct a few episodes-has to be a much better show than the junque we got the last two years

sugarshaker
May 24th, 2005, 07:51 AM
snip

and then JM basically saying that they are going to go on the premise that s/j never happened-steams me big time.

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: !!!!!

Sorry, I'm just flipping through last week's posts really fast and you've probably already discussed this to death, but really! He's got a lot of nerve! :(

Rogue
May 24th, 2005, 08:36 AM
Originally Posted by pittsburghgirl

snip

and then JM basically saying that they are going to go on the premise that s/j never happened-steams me big time.

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: !!!!!

Sorry, I'm just flipping through last week's posts really fast and you've probably already discussed this to death, but really! He's got a lot of nerve! :(

Did he really say that? So what was the point of Threads if they are going to act like S/J never existed? Why didn't they go ahead and have Sam marry Pete and Jack keep seeing Kerry? If thats the case, I will have a really hard time watching the earlier seasons again knowing this is what the chose to do.

dipsofjazz
May 24th, 2005, 09:06 AM
Bev, you are right about THOSE infamous threads! :eek: That was Shipper meltdown!! But out of that dark mood Shipper Town was built! http://home.earthlink.net/~rdapix2/ShipperTown.htm Out of another dark mood, penquins joined the Shipper cause.

Every once in awhile people need to blow off steam; and as a Family, we can accept each other's steam and use it to fuel our creative juices! :cool: So let's remember venting our fustration shouldn't be a bad thing. We can use it to build a stronger, faster, bet-ter Ship!! :p

http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/36/36_3_27.gif (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZSzfw003)
:D Everyone in the Shipper Family has contributed wonderfully over the good and bad times. I love the Shipper Town map, and from this Ship Sistah opened up the Shipper Store.(I've lost the link to this!) I still use my Shipper Map mouse mat, drink coffee from my Shipper cookies mug, whilst wearing my Shipper T shirt!
Let's not forget the cookies that Ship Nana baked for us for every occassion.
I was also looking at the letter (http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost.php?p=52115&postcount=7092) the whole family wrote for Amanda.
As you said, all these wonderful things came about when the news on the shipper front was not looking so good. The family rallies together and, to quote, becomes stronger, faster, bet-ter!!! :D

sugarshaker
May 24th, 2005, 09:34 AM
:D Everyone in the Shipper Family has contributed wonderfully over the good and bad times. I love the Shipper Town map, and from this Ship Sistah opened up the Shipper Store.(I've lost the link to this!) I still use my Shipper Map mouse mat, drink coffee from my Shipper cookies mug, whilst wearing my Shipper T shirt!
I was also looking at the letter (http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost.php?p=52115&postcount=7092) the whole family wrote for Amanda.
As you said, all these wonderful things came about when the news on the shipper front was not looking so good. The family rallies together and, to quote, becomes stronger, faster, bet-ter!!! :D

I LOVE my shipper mug! It lists all the different types of cookies we've come up with and I love them all - especially the YELLOW ones! ;)

dipsofjazz
May 24th, 2005, 09:38 AM
I LOVE my shipper mug! It lists all the different types of cookies we've come up with and I love them all - especially the YELLOW ones! ;)
:D Oh yes, the yellow ones! Now, if only we could have a special, late-night episode just with this! :D :p :D

TameFarrar
May 24th, 2005, 09:52 AM
I am going to guess that everyone saw JM say that they really weren't planning on addrressing the Sam & Jack relationship at all in Season 9.

And on a completely different note …..

Are there any plans to show us how Sam & Jack resolved the whole regs issue? It kept them apart for 8 long years, but wasn’t eradicated before they went fishing - surely it deserves some screen time? (No court-martial though I hope )

To be perfetly honest, the resolution of that issue is something we won't be touching on anytime soon.

Ya know we have had quite a bit of fun here in this here thread :D

So PTBs be damned when it comes to having a FULL LOVING RELATIONSHIP...we have some of the best authors and video makers to give our dreams reality. :D

I have to say that here on this thread and in THIS FAMILY Token, Bev you guys have touched on ALL of the wonderful creative GIVING things this group has done for each other JUST TO CELEBRATE THIS COUPLE.

So we have no reason to stop :D....we still have 6 Great seasons and 2 ok seasons to pull stuff from and we have each other to point out ALL of the ose little things ...

Remember when Di was giving us the running *Ship per Episode* report :D

Did she ever make it past season 4 or did she have a *Ship overload* LOL :D

anyway I just wanted to add my support to everyone here.

No we may never get anything BUT we did and DO HAVE the past 8 years to play with....so *shrug*...I will enjoy that AND my friends here :D

(((((((((((((((((((((SHIPPER FAMILY))))))))))))))))))

Token
May 24th, 2005, 10:26 AM
*dashes in in a mad rush and skids to a stop* I'm brand new, but I found my way here quickly :)
Well, I'm glad you have your priorities straight!! ;) Here is a great, big

http://bestsmileys.com/welcome/9.gif
To the Shipper Family!!

Despite all the dangers that can come with finally putting together 2 characters who have had a long running 'thing,' come on alreadyyyyyyyy! Of course part of the fun is having that tension there, but I think that 8 seasons is plenty of time for that.

Anyway, just saying hi :)

I hear your fustration!! Can you imagine how fustrated Sam and Jack are??? :p Maybe that is the danger the PTB are talking about. If they put them together something might get broken! ;)

TameFarrar
May 24th, 2005, 10:30 AM
I love that welcome sign Token :D

It just Screams SHIPPER FAMILY :D

An Ancient
May 24th, 2005, 10:31 AM
Question...Did this thread/forum write a congratualtion letter to AT after her baby was born? If not, I think it may be a good idea.

Token
May 24th, 2005, 10:40 AM
(snip)

Ya know we have had quite a bit of fun here in this here thread :D

So PTBs be damned when it comes to having a FULL LOVING RELATIONSHIP...we have some of the best authors and video makers to give our dreams reality. :D

I have to say that here on this thread and in THIS FAMILY Token, Bev you guys have touched on ALL of the wonderful creative GIVING things this group has done for each other JUST TO CELEBRATE THIS COUPLE.

So we have no reason to stop :D....we still have 6 Great seasons and 2 ok seasons to pull stuff from and we have each other to point out ALL of the ose little things ...

Remember when Di was giving us the running *Ship per Episode* report :D

Did she ever make it past season 4 or did she have a *Ship overload* LOL :D

anyway I just wanted to add my support to everyone here.

No we may never get anything BUT we did and DO HAVE the past 8 years to play with....so *shrug*...I will enjoy that AND my friends here :D

(((((((((((((((((((((SHIPPER FAMILY))))))))))))))))))

((((((((Tame))))))))) Well, said!! We are a GREAT shipper community!!! We are supportive, caring, creative, funny, passionate people!! I have never been part of an online community before. I have made friends around the world, and I feel like I'm part of a real family. (((Shipper Family)))

No matter what TPTB throw at us about our favorite couple, we can handle it!! Given lemons; we make lemonade! Given crap; we grow beautiful flowers! Nothing can stop us!! Bring on Season 9!! We are Shippers with a mission!!! SAM & JACK FOREVER!! I can't wait for Ship Day!!!

An Ancient
May 24th, 2005, 10:47 AM
I can't wait for Ship Day!!! [/size]
There is Ship Day?

Wow :eek:

I remember kicking off the idea back on the Delphi forum. What date is it? Last time I remember it was going to be the day that Divide and Conquor was shown.

Token
May 24th, 2005, 11:08 AM
There is Ship Day?

Wow :eek:

I remember kicking off the idea back on the Delphi forum. What date is it? Last time I remember it was going to be the day that Divide and Conquor was shown.

Yes, there is a Ship Day celebration!! Here is the link to the "2nd Annual Ship Day Celebration" thread. http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=2698&highlight=ship+day THAT was one AWESOME ship celebration!!! We named it the "2nd Annual" in honor of the first one being held on Delphi. You are correct on the date! July 28 is the date! We still need to decide on the poll topic, but we have time. :cool:

Token
May 24th, 2005, 11:12 AM
Question...Did this thread/forum write a congratualtion letter to AT after her baby was born? If not, I think it may be a good idea.

We sent Amanda and Olivia some Shipper baby stuff with a note from the GateWorld Sam & Jack Shipper Thread. When Ship Sistah setup the Shipper Store, it was agreed by all to add a dollar to the merchandise cost so we would collect money to send Shipper stuff to Joe Mallozzi and Amanda and anyone else we so choose. Maybe Robert needs a Shipper mug!!

LadyJeep
May 24th, 2005, 12:10 PM
Is the Shipper Store still open for business? I really need to stock up on quite a few shipper supplies. And I definitely think JM could use some Shipper stuff to remind him every day that this Ship is here to stay!!

SAM AND JACK FOREVER !!!!!!!!!

Oma-1
May 24th, 2005, 12:43 PM
Bev - just cos you were such a lovely system lord to work for and inspired loyalty among your subjects ....

http://www.cafepress.com/shippertown

:D

JackONeill
May 24th, 2005, 12:43 PM
http://bestsmileys.com/welcome/1.gif

Welcome in the family JackONeill ! Have fun and enjoy your stay here ! :)

Thanks Florence :)

florence
May 24th, 2005, 02:22 PM
I've just watched an amazing Sam/Jack vid that you can find here (http://fireflyinthesky.com/JackSam.html).
Great song and every scene is put on the right words :)

Go and run to watch it ! :)
It will make you remember all the Sam/Jack moments in these last 8 years (warning : clips from Season 1 to S8 Threads in this vid)

dipsofjazz
May 24th, 2005, 02:23 PM
((((((((Tame))))))))) Well, said!! We are a GREAT shipper community!!! We are supportive, caring, creative, funny, passionate people!! I have never been part of an online community before. I have made friends around the world, and I feel like I'm part of a real family. (((Shipper Family)))

No matter what TPTB throw at us about our favorite couple, we can handle it!! Given lemons; we make lemonade! Given crap; we grow beautiful flowers! Nothing can stop us!! Bring on Season 9!! We are Shippers with a mission!!! SAM & JACK FOREVER!! I can't wait for Ship Day!!!
(((((((Token))))))) I've been trying to give you green jelly for your posts, but, alas, I have to spread the love around! :o Anyway, I agree with you and Tame, I love this thread and the family that has grown because of it. Roll on Ship Day! :D

dipsofjazz
May 24th, 2005, 02:28 PM
Bev - just cos you were such a lovely system lord to work for and inspired loyalty among your subjects ....

http://www.cafepress.com/shippertown

:D
((((((((Oma)))))) I will remember your loyalty when I regain my powers again! :p
Thank you for the link to the Shipper Store. If people click on "learn more", you'll be taken to other shipper goodies.

Daniel's_twin
May 24th, 2005, 02:41 PM
I wanted to post this yesterday, but I had no computer.

For the past couple of weeks we've been like this
http://tinypic.com/5cndzl
We're Daniel, getting very worked up over what we think is our dreams burning.

But personally, I view more like this
http://tinypic.com/5cne3b
JACK: Carter, I'm going to be leaving for a while.
SAM: Will I see you again?
JACK: Maybe not for a while, but don't worry. Nothing can stay between us forever.

Just my view of the situation. :cool:

TameFarrar
May 24th, 2005, 02:48 PM

TOKEN!!!! you get the BIG HUG for that :D
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v142/TameFarrar/Smiley/large-smiley-052.gif

We are some pretty awesome people aren't we :D

Gatephysics101
May 24th, 2005, 03:11 PM
Dear Amanda,

The Shipper Family of Gateworld has collectively contributed to this letter in the hope that you will read it and see how much we all love both Stargate and the character of Sam. Some of us have been watching since the very beginning and some of us only started watching more recently.

[...]

A common theme we have in this thread is that we all think that you are an extremely talented actress and the show is better off for having you on it. You bring a depth and warmth to Sam Carter's character that enriches each episode. It is also wonderful to see such a strong and smart female character on television. Through Sam, we've explored other worlds, fought off Jaffa, created naquada reactors, and saved Earth from friend and foe alike. Through you, Amanda, we've seen a talented actress bring this very fascinating and charming character to life. Thank you for your tireless dedication to your craft and the selfless giving of yourself to your fans.

Just a reminder for everyone to vote at

http://www.syfyportal.com/

AT is up for Best Actress

Awards Poll Web Page (http://www.syfyportal.com/genre-awards/2005/index.php)

And - you can vote once a day until the poll closes.

Vote often and vote early! :)

Oma-1
May 24th, 2005, 03:48 PM
Argghhh! I can't rep anybody!!!!!!! :( :(

Tame, Token, Bev, Florence, Daniel's_twin, this hug is for you.

(((((((((((Glowy Jello Hugs))))))))))))

This Shipper Family Rocks :D :D Group Hug!!

http://bestsmileys.com/hugging/6.gif

sg-1fanintn
May 24th, 2005, 03:57 PM

I think this is definitely a little shipper. Notice how Teal'c and Daniel are smiling face forward, but Sam & Jack are leering at each other? She gets it! Yes, she does!

Oma-1
May 24th, 2005, 04:12 PM
But personally, I view more like this
http://tinypic.com/5cne3b

JACK: Carter, I'm going to be leaving for a while.
SAM: Will I see you again?
JACK: Maybe not for a while, but don't worry. Nothing can stay between us forever.
Just my view of the situation. :cool:

Ya really got me with that one. I can feel the eyes starting to sting ..... :S

I'm all nostalgic now. Even tptb got the ship in that ep. I hope they won't leave it on the back burner for too long. I know it will be resolved eventually ..... back to more waiting *sigh*.

sg-1fanintn
May 24th, 2005, 04:17 PM

Hmmm.....your comment reminds me of something from the first Star Wars movie (episode 4):

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y128/newsgoddess/images.jpg

Princess Leia has just told Han Solo that she'll see he gets paid handsomely for taking her and the droids to Alderan. He asks how much.

Leia: More than you can imagine.

Han: I don't know. I can imagine quite a bit.

And I know it's OT, but my husband and I saw the new Star Wars movie Saturday night, and I'm ready to go see it again. It was very good. I highly recommend it. It sort of helped to fill the Stargate void I'm feeling during rerun time too.

kiwigater
May 24th, 2005, 04:20 PM
I'd like to love my shipper mug but some bas**rd stole it off my desk at work :( :mad: Wonder how much the shipping is to NZ :D On the bright side my Shipper Family Town poster made it back with me, and I use my Shipper Town Map canvas bag alllllll the time! :D

Oma-1
May 24th, 2005, 04:49 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v685/Oma-1/s9Lament.jpg

Credit for the text and inspiration goes to Daniel's_twin.

Daniel's_twin
May 24th, 2005, 07:02 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v685/Oma-1/s9Lament.jpg

Credit for the text and inspiration goes to Daniel's_twin.
Thank you, Oma. I like what you did with it. :cool:

Buc252
May 24th, 2005, 07:16 PM

I'm getting ready to leave for MediaWest on Thursday and have both my Shipper shirts packed and ready to go. Shippers aren't very popular there, but I'll be holding my head high just the same! So http://bestsmileys.com/tongs/15.gif on them!

I dare 'em to take me on! <vbEg>

Catysg1
May 25th, 2005, 01:55 AM

Yeah florence because there is nothing much to say anymore really ..We'll just have to wait , watch and accept what they give us . :S

but it is really strange and sad to hear or read all those things that Joe says about the ship ..really weird indeed to actually not acknowledge that there is a Sam and Jack ship to be pursued in season 9 in a very limited time .

Caty:)

wynter
May 25th, 2005, 03:13 AM
Bren Ren - Here's one for ya. Florence posted the link a while ago, but its still a good read - I've lost count how many times I've read it :D

A Light In The Darkness (http://www.samandjack.net/stories/sjarchive3/acalightinthedarkness.html)

Found this one though :D

The Post-it Conspiracy (http://freemind.intoxicate-me.org/stargate/humour/thepostitconspiracy.htm)

that post-it story was fab,thanks i loved the banter true sam and jack,thanks oma and florence,please keep the recomenations coming in!!!

wynterxx

shipper hannah
May 25th, 2005, 09:01 AM
i miss shippertown and the shipper penguins and the shipper cookies and all that...
bring back the shipper cookies!!!

dipsofjazz
May 25th, 2005, 09:46 AM
I'm getting ready to leave for MediaWest on Thursday and have both my Shipper shirts packed and ready to go. Shippers aren't very popular there, but I'll be holding my head high just the same! So http://bestsmileys.com/tongs/15.gif on them!

I dare 'em to take me on! <vbEg>
:D LOL! You show 'em Mary. Have a great time at the con. :D

DarkQuee1
May 25th, 2005, 10:59 AM
Then we should probably stop listening to what they say and just watch the episodes and make our own mind

Or....not watch.

And you can add Chris Judge to my list of people I no longer have any interest in: he, too, is now dissing RDA. Hey, Chris, you wouldn't have had a job--I don't see any A-list, or even B-list directors, banging on your door--if RDA had not put aside his personal preferences to stay.

You know, these are not really a bunch of nice people, and they have absolutely no sense of loyalty. Clearly, there are a lot of fans they are completely writing off and they are playing exclusively to the Farscape fans and to the Daniel fans, especially those Daniel fans who have turned on Jack for not putting Daniel first (and, yes, I have seen posts like that everywhere).
A class act would have been to have praised RDA and expressed appreciation for the years together, while saying that things are going well on the set now and there seems to be definite team spirit that they think the fans will enjoy. Obviously, Cooper, Judge et al are not class acts.

J.

pittsburghgirl
May 25th, 2005, 11:09 AM
Or....not watch.

And you can add Chris Judge to my list of people I no longer have any interest in: he, too, is now dissing RDA. Hey, Chris, you wouldn't have had a job--I don't see any A-list, or even B-list directors, banging on your door--if RDA had not put aside his personal preferences to stay.

You know, these are not really a bunch of nice people, and they have absolutely no sense of loyalty. Clearly, there are a lot of fans they are completely writing off and they are playing exclusively to the Farscape fans and to the Daniel fans, especially those Daniel fans who have turned on Jack for not putting Daniel first (and, yes, I have seen posts like that everywhere).
A class act would have been to have praised RDA and expressed appreciation for the years together, while saying that things are going well on the set now and there seems to be definite team spirit that they think the fans will enjoy. Obviously, Cooper, Judge et al are not class acts.

J.
I am so there with you-need to give those people the Vulture Award
I can't tell you how singularly unimpressed I am with what I am hearing out that studio-I do feel bad for Ben and Claudia for walking into that pit of snakes

melpomene
May 25th, 2005, 11:14 AM
Hey I wouldn't be too hard on Chris. I mean sure I was mad when i read what he said. But I can't blame a man for wanting more action explorer stuff on the show. And I can understand his desire to have more of the lime light. I mean, as long as Rick is on the show, no matter how great the other actors are, it will be his. I think the younger actors are hoping for a chance at more of the show. I'm not happy about it. I watched the show for Jack. I LIVED for Jack. Still do. Jack and ship. But I guess I can't blame the rest of the cast for trying to look on the bright side. Because it's not thier fault Rick is leaving, there's nothing they can do to stop it. So I think they're doing thier best to get the fans to be upbeat. I even here it's working on some of them...well, it takes all kinds right?

melpomene
May 25th, 2005, 11:21 AM
Yes, I am back!! I've been gone for a long time(hangs head in shame) Some of the girls over at the thunk thread shanghied me. And the mood over here has been kind of glum whereas it's a perpetual party over there and....well, I got distracted.
But I am determined to be upbeat AND check in here every so often so...Let the shipper cookies fly!!! And for crying ouyt loud let's talk about PENGUINS!!!!
((((((shipper hannah)))))))

pittsburghgirl
May 25th, 2005, 11:22 AM
Hey I wouldn't be too hard on Chris. I mean sure I was mad when i read what he said. But I can't blame a man for wanting more action explorer stuff on the show. And I can understand his desire to have more of the lime light. I mean, as long as Rick is on the show, no matter how great the other actors are, it will be his. I think the younger actors are hoping for a chance at more of the show. I'm not happy about it. I watched the show for Jack. I LIVED for Jack. Still do. Jack and ship. But I guess I can't blame the rest of the cast for trying to look on the bright side. Because it's not thier fault Rick is leaving, there's nothing they can do to stop it. So I think they're doing thier best to get the fans to be upbeat. I even here it's working on some of them...well, it takes all kinds right?
what I am not happy about is how they are dissing RDA. Now-I am not a little fly on the wall-and just like the buzzing around why MS left and then returned-we won't really know what went on with RDA and the boys in vancouver-but really-being diplomatic abut his leaving doesn't take much-and you can also be happy about looking for the challenges of a new team, a new enemy etc etc. That crew has been anything but diplomatic. I wish them well-seriously-but I have come closer to point of wishing them gone. you know-here's your hat-what's your hurry?

Oma-1
May 25th, 2005, 11:59 AM
(((Shipper Family)))

I'm starting out with hugs cos I love this family.

Lots of shippers are staying away and not posting and I think we need to encourage them back by staying on topic for a while. I'm not suggesting for one minute that everyone needs to be all happy, just that we keep doin' what we do best - shippin' :)

And on that note ....

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v685/Oma-1/aaj.jpg

Jack: Carter. You like chocolate cake right?
Sam: Yep.
Jack: So why can't we have a chocolate wedding cake?
Sam: We are having a chocolate wedding cake.
Jack: Then why are we trying this? :confused:
Sam: Cos I like to see you suffer. :)

Token
May 25th, 2005, 12:24 PM
This is just a fly-by post because it's http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/36/36_19_6.gif (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZSzfw003) !!! My family is hitting the road for a few days. I'm going to miss my Shipper Family http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/36/36_1_44.gif (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZSzfw003) but I will enjoy the vacation!! http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/36/36_1_68.gif (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZSzfw003)

I will be looking forward to catching up on all the BRILLIANT shippy posts! :p Don't have too much fun without me! ;)

Thanks for all the wonderful comments about my daughter's drawing!! :D It's nice to know I'm training her well! :p

(((((Shipper Family)))))

florence
May 25th, 2005, 12:27 PM
Something for the "older" members to remember and for the newbies to discover :)

Shipper Town (http://home.earthlink.net/~rdapix2/ShipperTown.htm)

dipsofjazz
May 25th, 2005, 01:15 PM
This is just a fly-by post because it's http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/36/36_19_6.gif (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZSzfw003) !!! My family is hitting the road for a few days. I'm going to miss my Shipper Family http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/36/36_1_44.gif (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZSzfw003) but I will enjoy the vacation!! http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/36/36_1_68.gif (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZSzfw003)

I will be looking forward to catching up on all the BRILLIANT shippy posts! :p Don't have too much fun without me! ;)

Thanks for all the wonderful comments about my daughter's drawing!! :D It's nice to know I'm training her well! :p

(((((Shipper Family)))))
:D ((((((((Token))))))) Have a wonderful holiday. We'll miss you. We'll try not to enjoy ourselves too much whilst you're away! :p

Rogue
May 25th, 2005, 01:58 PM
(((Shipper Family)))

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v685/Oma-1/aaj.jpg

Jack: Carter. You like chocolate cake right?
Sam: Yep.
Jack: So why can't we have a chocolate wedding cake?
Sam: We are having a chocolate wedding cake.
Jack: Then why are we trying this? :confused:
Sam: Cos I like to see you suffer. :)

or

Jack: God, Sam this is horrible! When we get married, I'm doing all the cooking.

Sams thinking: Oh boy, it worked! Now I just have to find a way to get him to wash the dishes, vaccuum, and do the laundry.

ST-1
May 25th, 2005, 02:14 PM
I've just watched an amazing Sam/Jack vid that you can find here (http://fireflyinthesky.com/JackSam.html).

It will make you remember all the Sam/Jack moments in these last 8 years (warning : clips from Season 1 to S8 Threads in this vid)

WOW...that is possibly the most awesome S/J video I've ever seen! :eek:

girlgater
May 25th, 2005, 02:31 PM
WOW...that is possibly the most awesome S/J video I've ever seen! :eek:

I enjoyed the video as well and would recommend it to anyone who was feeling down. :)

ST-1
May 25th, 2005, 03:27 PM
Here's a lighthearted/shippy fanfic (http://www.gateworld.net/fanfic/archive/35/noexplanation.html) for y'all! :D

Comments are welcome, but remember this is my first attempt...so go easy on me. ;)

sg-1fanintn
May 25th, 2005, 03:52 PM
Or....not watch.

J.

I read Chris' article too, and I kind of thought it was toned down from what we have been reading. Yes, I would have worded it a little differently too, as some of you are saying. But I also thought it wasn't as "strong" as what others have said.

I also wonder if that softening of position is in response to some of our comments on the thread, or maybe reax from other fans. I don't know of anything else that's happened in the interim. After all, we never know who's lurking here.....or even posting, for that matter.

I've been around entertainment people for years (not Hollywood or Vancouver, but the promotional mindset is pretty much the same in every phase of the industry). If your boss tells you the company line is to be positive, you're going to be positive, no matter how you feel. It's expected of you, just like showing up for work. And with show biz egos being what they are, I'm sure MS and CJ are hoping for more attention now that RDA is gone (shudder---I can barely type it! Heck, I still can't stand to think about it!).

Notice we haven't heard from Amanda.......
When we do, I'm sure she will be under the same guidelines, but I cannot imagine her dissing RDA. I understand they were pretty tight. I think when we hear from her, the "positive" positioning about S9 will be softened even more. And it may be significant that we haven't heard from her. What do you think?

Just some ramblings......RL has been so hectic for the past few days that I'm struggling just to keep up with reading the posts. I've barely had time to respond at all.

sg-1fanintn
May 25th, 2005, 04:09 PM

Wow! She's right! It is awesome! Does anyone know firefly?

dipsofjazz
May 25th, 2005, 04:10 PM
Here's a lighthearted/shippy fanfic (http://www.gateworld.net/fanfic/archive/35/noexplanation.html) for y'all! :D

Comments are welcome, but remember this is my first attempt...so go easy on me. ;)
:D Welcome to the Shipper family ST-1. I've just read your fic and enjoyed it very much. I hope you continue to write more. I can never get enough shippy fics! :p

sg-1fanintn
May 25th, 2005, 04:15 PM

Ditto dipsofjazz's comments! Great story! :p Please write more! :o

Gatetrixer
May 25th, 2005, 05:28 PM
I read Chris' article too, and I kind of thought it was toned down from what we have been reading. Yes, I would have worded it a little differently too, as some of you are saying. But I also thought it wasn't as "strong" as what others have said.

I also wonder if that softening of position is in response to some of our comments on the thread, or maybe reax from other fans. I don't know of anything else that's happened in the interim. After all, we never know who's lurking here.....or even posting, for that matter.

I've been around entertainment people for years (not Hollywood or Vancouver, but the promotional mindset is pretty much the same in every phase of the industry). If your boss tells you the company line is to be positive, you're going to be positive, no matter how you feel. It's expected of you, just like showing up for work. And with show biz egos being what they are, I'm sure MS and CJ are hoping for more attention now that RDA is gone (shudder---I can barely type it! Heck, I still can't stand to think about it!).

When we do, I'm sure she will be under the same guidelines, but I cannot imagine her dissing RDA. I understand they were pretty tight. I think when we hear from her, the "positive" positioning about S9 will be softened even more. And it may be significant that we haven't heard from her. What do you think?

Just some ramblings......RL has been so hectic for the past few days that I'm struggling just to keep up with reading the posts. I've barely had time to respond at all.

I haven't read CJ's comments , or for that matter, RCC's, but it's possible some of the "happiness" on the set is not having to work around RDA's schedule. Now that schedule was because they WANTED him to return for the last few seasons, and not some sort of prima donna type demands on his part. But it's just a thought (and it would probably have affected the behind the scenes people more than the actors). I have an offspring in the entertainment business (theatre) and the hours are looooong for those behind the scenes and acknowledgement often scarce. I've done my share of dissing TPTB, but I do feel because of this family connection that fans sometimes forget how many workers are needed behind the scenes (but frankly it's more interesting to see and hear the actors like on the Lowdowns or Award shows.) I do however always sit through
ALL the credits on the end of movies.

Now I will read what CJ said and also, I've been trying without success to find Carmen A.'s comments. Can anyone tell me where to find them?

ST-1
May 25th, 2005, 06:02 PM
Ditto dipsofjazz's comments! Great story! :p Please write more! :o

Thanks! :o Considering how much fun I had writing this one, I will certainly do some more. :D And they'll most likely be shippy, considering that's my favorite subject. :p

LadyJeep
May 25th, 2005, 06:54 PM
ST-1, the story was great! Just what we needed to lighten our hearts about Sam & Jack. Thank you and please write more!!

LadyJeep
May 25th, 2005, 07:07 PM

I feel the same way you do about Amanda's reaction, but I was definitely disappointed with CJ

Fred
May 25th, 2005, 07:31 PM

Now I will read what CJ said

Better yet, listen to the interview. It's on the Gateway site and you can download the mp3.

pittsburghgirl
May 25th, 2005, 07:54 PM
Better yet, listen to the interview. It's on the Gateway site and you can download the mp3.
what did you think of it?

melpomene
May 25th, 2005, 11:36 PM

Absitively posolutely adorable ST-1!!!

An Ancient
May 26th, 2005, 12:34 AM
Has anyone thought of perhaps writing a jointly signed letter to TPTB explaining how much they are alienating large portions of their fan-base? You never know, they might even listen.

Catysg1
May 26th, 2005, 01:34 AM

They could have done something : Stop the show on a high note with the original team only :)

I'm afraid It looks like they are going the X-files route ...and it is a shame :(
Although for the x-files the 2 added characters were not that appreciated in season 8 and 9 .I was not too bothered with that too much ..we still had some great episodes with Dogett and reyes but the fact that Mulder was missing because DD left put a thumb down on the soul of the show .Lots and lots of fans hated the introduction of new characters to in a way replace Mulder and eventually Scully ..Patrick Robert ( Dogett) was also famous from his liquid man character from " Terminator 2" So he came from a sci fi background too . My hubby thought PR was a great actor and he liked the character of Doggett in the x-files ..Still he was a replacement to Mulder and was trying to protect Scully while Mulder was gone and even had feelings for her ..so not that great in that respect for the shipper Fans of Mulder and Scully :(

It is a shame that TPTB do not understand to actually stop a show on a high note.Lots of them did it ..Farscape stopped after season 4 , Angel too , Buffy as well when Michelle Cellar ( Buffy) wanted out of the show .JAG stopped after David wanted out of the show .

TPTB stargate should have done the same ..because they have Atlantis running at the ame time and they could just concentrate on Atlantis ..They could have found a way to have Daniel and Teal'c being part of Atlantis .Sam may be too but I think that season 9 may be AT's last season .

You can bring a new born baby to the studio because babies sleep a lot in the first year but I don't think it it possible to do that when they are toddlers and want their mummies around a bit more because they are a bit more demanding ..She could afford a nanny ..sure... but I sensed that AT has been trying for such a long time to have a baby that she may want to see her growing up in the first few years of ther life ..She could always go back to work full time when Olivia starts School at 5 :)

I wish good luck to Stargate SG1 with the new team but I doubt it is gonna do very well :S
Even Atlantis may suffer next year with what TPTB wants to do with that show :rolleyes:

Caty:)

melpomene
May 26th, 2005, 01:42 AM
Hi I just said g'night at the thunk thread and I saw Caty was here. thought I'd say hi. and by the way I agree. Continuing a series after the star leaves is usually a bad thing. Not that I haven't watched Happy Days reruns without Richie as long as Fonzie was there. Sometimes I've even watched the ones centered around Chachie. but it's never the same. I may watch after Rick leaves. But it wouls be like watching a different show. If it's still better than any other show I may stick with it. But it will never measure of to my FAVORITE show. SG-1 WITH the original cast.

Catysg1
May 26th, 2005, 02:01 AM
Hi I just said g'night at the thunk thread and I saw Caty was here. thought I'd say hi. and by the way I agree. Continuing a series after the star leaves is usually a bad thing. Not that I haven't watched Happy Days reruns without Richie as long as Fonzie was there. Sometimes I've even watched the ones centered around Chachie. but it's never the same. I may watch after Rick leaves. But it wouls be like watching a different show. If it's still better than any other show I may stick with it. But it will never measure of to my FAVORITE show. SG-1 WITH the original cast.

(((Melpomene))) :)

Me too I think I'll watch because well ..it is a sci fi show and I love anything sci fi ..and the action in Stargate is always great but I won't be that desesperate to buy the DVD's really . Stargate SG1 will just be an added show to my list of CSI Miami and Las vegas , Alias, Cold case, JAG and May be Atlantis but I have to catch up on the last one ( I missed half of the season 1 ) and I don't feel like it :S

I watched the X-files season 8 and 9 too ..but I never bought the boxset DVD's ..I only bought the finale episode "The truth" as an individual DVD ..I wait until MOvie 2 and may be if the film is great then I may complete my collection but I don't mind to wait ..It's not a big deal :)

For Stargate I'll do the same ..but I think if we have a great Sam and Jack ending eventually like the JAG ending let's say :eek: then I'll get season 7, season 8 DVD 's boxset....I'll skip season 9 and will only get the individual DVD of the finale SG1 with Sam and Jack in it .I will completly ignore the new team in my collection let's say :) because for me SG1 is the original team and only :)

wynter
May 26th, 2005, 05:26 AM
(((Melpomene))) :)

Me too I think I'll watch because well ..it is a sci fi show and I love anything sci fi ..and the action in Stargate is always great but I won't be that desesperate to buy the DVD's really . Stargate SG1 will just be an added show to my list of CSI Miami and Las vegas , Alias, Cold case, JAG and May be Atlantis but I have to catch up on the last one ( I missed half of the season 1 ) and I don't feel like it :S

I watched the X-files season 8 and 9 too ..but I never bought the boxset DVD's ..I only bought the finale episode "The truth" as an individual DVD ..I wait until MOvie 2 and may be if the film is great then I may complete my collection but I don't mind to wait ..It's not a big deal :)

For Stargate I'll do the same ..but I think if we have a great Sam and Jack ending eventually like the JAG ending let's say :eek: then I'll get season 7, season 8 DVD 's boxset....I'll skip season 9 and will only get the individual DVD of the finale SG1 with Sam and Jack in it .I will completly ignore the new team in my collection let's say :) because for me SG1 is the original team and only :)

hey caty what a great idea! i forget they do the single disc's i might do the same,buy season 8 then if sam and jack do have what every-one's waitibg for i will buy that single one.

Can you imagine how many they would sell if they did a one off episode with the ship of sam and jack WOW.with apperances from daniel,teal'c,cassie and general hammond,but it just stays on their first date first kiss ummmmm first sleepover!!!!!

BRING IT ON TPTB!!!!!

wynterxx

wynter
May 26th, 2005, 05:32 AM

WELCOME ST-1 i love your story,really heartwarming thanks!
Please let us know when you write any-more as i can't wait to read them.

wynterxx

Fred
May 26th, 2005, 09:59 AM
what did you think of it?
RE: Christopher Judge interview

First impression. A little disappointing, he seemed to contradict some of the positive things he has said in prior year interviews, To be fair, I haven't gone back and re-listened to those interviews yet and I could have interpreted them incorrectly.

Grace O'Neill
May 26th, 2005, 10:58 AM
Hello everyone,

Just dropping in to say HELLO TO ALL THE SHIPPERS!!!

:) :) :)

Rogue
May 26th, 2005, 11:04 AM
Hello everyone,

http://bestsmileys.com/welcome/18.gif

Daniel's_twin
May 26th, 2005, 11:07 AM
Hello everyone,

Hello and welcome! And congrats on making the wise choice of being a Sam Jack Shipper! :cool:

shipper hannah
May 26th, 2005, 11:48 AM
WELCOME
Grace O'Neill

:D :D
have fun and post a lot! :)
nice choice of name btw ;)

shipper hannah
May 26th, 2005, 11:50 AM
ooh! i've just noticed!
i have a cool glowy green jelly block!!
thanks everyone!
(((((((((shipperfamily))))))))
:D :D

girlgater
May 26th, 2005, 12:06 PM
Hello everyone,

Welcome Grace! Great name! :)

katethegater
May 26th, 2005, 12:30 PM
Welcome Grace - this is a cool place to hang out!

Post away - whatever pops into your fron. :)

"well spank me Rosie" ..........O'Neill, Full Circle

Grace O'Neill
May 26th, 2005, 01:50 PM
Thank you everyone!

From what I hear/read, you guys are a great family! :)

And I am glad that you are keeping this Thread alive, even though it's hard to come up with new topics to discuss, since we are between the seasons.

I recently discovered the Fan Fiction and let me say "I LOVE IT!!!"
Most of the people get the ship between Sam and Jack perfectly. So much angst and so much romance! I love happy endings.

I am keeping my hopes up for a happy ending for our Sam and Jack --> Married w/kids, or at least dating (I know... it's quite a jump :) ). I know it will come!!! Well, I don't know for sure, but I am going to believe in it!

I try to ignore whatever comments surface up from JM and other TPTB, since we know that they will never tell us the truth, just to keep us interested (or rather agitated). So why let that ruin our hopes and moods. There is enough evidence that Sam and Jack WILL end up together (at least in my book).

It's hard to stay positive with all the dissing on RDA and without hearing anything from Amanda (which makes sense, she is busy with her beautiful family). But sometimes it makes me think that there is more behind of what the others say. CJ and MS, etc. are young, and want the show to move on, because they love their jobs. And it's probably not fair for them to loose their jobs simply because Rick is not available :(. They will try the best to keep the show alive, even if it won't be the same show. We can only wish that they would handle it better, but who knows what truly is going on there... Do you think they would ever say that "Things are aweful without RDA, the show sucks without him"??? They would never admit to it, even if it's the truth. The way I look at it, it is simply a generation switch. Hammond, O'Neill, Kawalski, etc. are history (except O'Neill - he is still around... sort of...), and now the younger kids take over... I mean, it's been 8 years, things will change weather we want it or not...

Even if we don't hear much at the beginning of S9, we still have some great seasons (like 4) to give us a shippy boost.

SO... I say, let's stay positive and happy because WE KNOW Sam and Jack love each other adn they will spend thier lives together!!!!!!!!!!!!

florence
May 26th, 2005, 02:05 PM
Welcome Grace ONeill ! (great name :) )

I've thought a bit about all these things said by CJ, MS or other ones. Let's not forget this : they have a show to sell.
So they have to say this next season will be amazing, with new characters, lots of new stories to tell, etc.
It's like when a movie comes out, you can hear every actor playing in it saying it's the best movie they have ever done (even if it's total crap actually :rolleyes: )
It they were always saying "it's too sad now that RDA is gone, it will never be the same again. And you know, we don't really know how this season will come through without him", I don't think it would make people want to watch it :rolleyes:

chevroneight
May 26th, 2005, 02:19 PM
Hey everyone

I just saw this quote and I thought you all might appreciate it:

Sometimes your nearness takes my breath away; and all the things I want to say can find no voice. Then, in silence, I can only hope my eyes will speak my heart.

chevroneight :)

AncientKnowledge
May 26th, 2005, 02:33 PM
Hey everyone,how has the shipping goin'? Just dropped in to say hi!lol but I just changed my sig,I like to think of it as very shippy! Well there this ship that i'm writing and I'm just so caught up in the moment! tee hee hee!

Oma-1
May 26th, 2005, 04:18 PM
http://bestsmileys.com/welcome/16.gif
Grace O'Neill

Welcome to the shipper family. Grab a cookie and some Dr Shippper (diet ;) ) and join the party. Love the optimism of your post! Keep 'em comin' :D

Funnily enough, I watched Grace tonight and spent the whole time thinking of all the different explanations I've heard / read about who (or what) Grace is, which led me to thinking about the other hallucinations Sam had and what they actually meant (the commentary was really disappointing in that respect)....... I could go on for ages talking about all that :p Anyway, it'll be no surprise to the family who I think Grace actually is.

And here she is joining the family :D

Oma-1
May 26th, 2005, 04:25 PM
Hey everyone

Sometimes your nearness takes my breath away; and all the things I want to say can find no voice. Then, in silence, I can only hope my eyes will speak my heart.

((((((((((Chevroneight)))))))))))

That quote's wonderful! Where did you find it????????

Oh, Florence - I finally had time to watch the Angels video! I adore that song! It's on my all time favourite list. I loved the way the clips fitted - especially at the beginning with Sam approaching Jack and putting her hand on the ice. Went so well with the "does an angel contemplate my fate" lyric. I was mesmerised from the first note. ((((((((((HUGE HUGS)))))))))) for the link.

Oma-1
May 26th, 2005, 04:28 PM

Can't think of a nicer hot water bottle *sigh*. Great first fic. Keep going :)

Grace O'Neill
May 26th, 2005, 05:01 PM
http://bestsmileys.com/welcome/16.gif
Grace O'Neill

Welcome to the shipper family. Grab a cookie and some Dr Shippper (diet ;) ) and join the party. Love the optimism of your post! Keep 'em comin' :D

Funnily enough, I watched Grace tonight and spent the whole time thinking of all the different explanations I've heard / read about who (or what) Grace is, which led me to thinking about the other hallucinations Sam had and what they actually meant (the commentary was really disappointing in that respect)....... I could go on for ages talking about all that :p Anyway, it'll be no surprise to the family who I think Grace actually is.

And here she is joining the family :D

Hi Oma-1!

Thank you!

Funny you mentioned "Grace.." Believe it or not, I haven't actually seen it yet. :eek: :eek: :eek: (I know... the horror :eek: ) I have read the transcript though and lots of posts on it.

But, thank goodness for NetFlix, I will be watching it on Saturday. :D :D :D

Oma-1
May 26th, 2005, 05:12 PM
Hi Oma-1!

Thank you!

Funny you mentioned "Grace.." Believe it or not, I haven't actually seen it yet. :eek: :eek: :eek: (I know... the horror :eek: ) I have read the transcript though and lots of posts on it.

But, thank goodness for NetFlix, I will be watching it on Saturday. :D :D :D
Enjoy! It's a fantastic ep. Loads to digest and think about, plus the best kiss yet. Make sure you tape it - then you can watch the kiss in slowmo :D

Lida
May 26th, 2005, 05:17 PM
Hey everyone

That is a truly beautifu l quote. It would make a great sig with the right pics...bet you are already working on it! ;)

LOL4JACK
May 26th, 2005, 05:30 PM
Hi Shipper Family.... I got my visa and I'm back in the US... back to Stargate everyday and to SCIFI Mondays.... :D :D :D :D :D

I had more than 30 pages to read so I could catch up... WOW and that is just since Friday! many things have happened:

- New shippers... WELCOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D

- Great Angel vid... thanks Florence!!!!!!!!! :p :p :p

- New interviews posted... Hurrah? :confused: :confused: :confused:

- and many JM questions answered :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

And while I felt angry, sad, hopeless to S9 and not knowing what to expect or how to face S9, I remembered why I started watching the show... I loved the idea of the show, I loved RDA as Jack O'Neill, the humor, the friendship, the enemies, the AU universes, the Urgos, the WOO, the first season finale had me eating my nails and loving and caring so much for the characters that I new that I was completly hooked and with time came S/J and now being a shipper on this thread has taught me to many things, I'm re-discovering SG-1 watching the shows with another POV, discovering fanfics, videos and WOW, it's been a ride....

But there is also S9 and I can't let that destroy all the love that I have so, I've decided that:

- S9 is not the show that I've come to love, it is not our SG-1, it's a new show, new team.... and with the same premises that I learned to love, so as a new show I will give it a chance, as I gave it to Atlantis... not a big fan though, but I can watch :)

And for the rest? I have my DVDs, I have the fanfics, the videos and this amazing shipper family, so I'll start spreading some love and for all to remember why we are here... let's start the shipping!!!!!!!!!!!!!

See my next post :)

LOL4JACK
May 26th, 2005, 05:37 PM
Back to shipping!!!! :D :D :D

Taking out the:

- Kisses
- Hugs and
- Head on shoulders....

What are your top 3 shippy or not shippy moments between Jack and Sam?

LtColSamONeill
May 26th, 2005, 07:06 PM

Taking out the:

- Kisses
- Hugs and
- Head on shoulders....

My top moment would be the cabin scene in 2010. No hugs, no kisses, no heads on shoulders, but Jack and Sam just talking and then arguing. The Passion is just flying.

Second moment: There is a scene in Absolute Power when Sam is locked up by Daniel and Jack comes to see her and she says to him, All I have is my word and that used to mean something to you.

Third Moment: When Jack asks her to go fishing in Nemisis and she turns him down but then she actually reconsidered and chases after him. If he hadn't gotten sucked up by Thor, I think they would have gone.

Gatetrixer
May 26th, 2005, 07:24 PM

Not a good idea--on my computer--so I just read the interview. In some ways it was what I expected, the usual "things are going great, our characters are getting more time" type stuff that usually follow a change of that sort.But yet.... That "Rick and the three mooks" quote did get to me. Sure RDA was the name, but Teal'c and Daniel got plenty of stories and time, more than Sam IMHO. I've been reading RDA interviews going back a ways(some for the first time) and I've never seen him dis the others at all. I do think the others being based in Vancouver and RDA commuting was a source of a bit of friction, even before the reduced schedule. Maybe not exactly friction, but of a sort of divide between him and the other regulars. And I'm confused, are RDA and Greenburg not backers at all anymore? They're Gekko, aren't they?

nell
May 26th, 2005, 07:59 PM
Greetings,
Just dropping in to say hello! I just read JM's recent responses. I'm feeling a little sad and a bit mad that TPTB may ignore the state of Sam's and Jack's relationship. However, I seem to recall dreading how TPTB were going to ignore or worse push Sam and Jack further apart in Season 8 (Sam marry Pete) but look what happened?! Threads and Moebius! Hey, they threw us a bone! They are soooooo evil!!!!

I'm still watching Season 9 just because...I 'm curious about Ben Browder and I hope for a morsel of Sam and Jack references!!

No backbone, huh?? :o :D

LadyJeep
May 26th, 2005, 08:01 PM
My top moment would be the cabin scene in 2010. No hugs, no kisses, no heads on shoulders, but Jack and Sam just talking and then arguing. The Passion is just flying.

Second moment: There is a scene in Absolute Power when Sam is locked up by Daniel and Jack comes to see her and she says to him, All I have is my word and that used to mean something to you.

Third Moment: When Jack asks her to go fishing in Nemisis and she turns him down but then she actually reconsidered and chases after him. If he hadn't gotten sucked up by Thor, I think they would have gone.
I have to agree with you that those are great moments. I loved the scene from 2010 at Jack's cabin. To me, it was sooo shippy. I think Jack is so in love with Sam any way and just can't express it. So I thought his attitude came not just from the fact that no one believed him about the Aschen, but that Sam wasn't with him. She was ultimately the reason he went to help them.
This last time watching Absolute Power, I really noticed that scene. And again, Jack does what she asks. So loves her :D

sg-1fanintn
May 26th, 2005, 08:27 PM

Taking out the:

- Kisses
- Hugs and
- Head on shoulders....

I had another completely slammed RL day at work, and hubby has monopolized the computer all evening. Gotta get a laptop! But I wanted to check in long enough to see what was up today. And it didn't take long to remember my top three favorite S/J moments (except Threads and trying to ignore the kisses, hugs and head on shoulders):

Season 2, Out of Mind: After Jack figures out he's being tricked, he finds Sam in another stasis room, and wakes her up. She's still lying down (naked) and raises her arm to touch his. Then, when she sits up, he takes a long, leering look at her bare back. Love it!!!

Season 4, Window of Opportunity: At the end of the ep, when the time loop has been broken and they're debriefing in the conference room, he keeps giving her a very "knowing" stare, as he remembers that kiss they shared (and Lord knows what else!). She picks up on his expression, and looks a little confused and curious, because she's wondering what put that big grin on his face!

Season 7, Lost City, Part 2: After he's frozen in the stasis chamber, and she puts her hand to the glass. Her look is so forelorn! You know at that minute that she'll spend every possible moment in her lab until she figures out how to un-freeze him.

nell
May 26th, 2005, 09:04 PM
My 3 favorite 'moments' in some of my favorite episodes are:

The Light: The opening scene where Sam and Jack banter and flirt about his "bet" with Daniel. Jack has the biggest smile when Sam turns to go down to the gateroom as she feigns exasperation when he won't tell her his bet. That was a rare, genuine smile from our Jack. :)

Point of View: Opening scene again. Jack is making his way into the infirmary and spots "Sam." He's struck with the sight of her long blonde hair and his adorable perplexed expression: what happened to you? (or something to that effect, forgot exact words). :D

Window of Opportunity: Closing scene. In response to Daniel's question about Jack's doing anything crazy while in the loop. I just love Jack's deliberate gaze upon Sam and the yummy, sexy smile in response! Melt! :p

John_Sheppard
May 26th, 2005, 09:15 PM
I like it when they're arguing in "the light" better. Lol, oh, those two!

nell
May 26th, 2005, 09:28 PM
You're right. Arguing in The Light is good, great even, but I love Jack's smile in the opening scene!! :)

ST-1
May 26th, 2005, 09:32 PM
Can't think of a nicer hot water bottle *sigh*. Great first fic. Keep going :)

Oooookay then...I offer, for your consideration, shippy fanfic #2. (http://www.gateworld.net/fanfic/archive/35/catalyst.html)

Enjoy, and please tell me what you think! :o

Lida
May 26th, 2005, 09:52 PM
My 3 favorite 'moments' in some of my favorite episodes are:

The Light: The opening scene where Sam and Jack banter and flirt about his "bet" with Daniel. Jack has the biggest smile when Sam turns to go down to the gateroom as she feigns exasperation when he won't tell her his bet. That was a rare, genuine smile from our Jack. :)

Point of View: Opening scene again. Jack is making his way into the infirmary and spots "Sam." He's struck with the sight of her long blonde hair and his adorable perplexed expression: what happened to you? (or something to that effect, forgot exact words). :D

Window of Opportunity: Closing scene. In response to Daniel's question about Jack's doing anything crazy while in the loop. I just love Jack's deliberate gaze upon Sam and the yummy, sexy smile in response! Melt! :p

I have to agree those are Great moments and my all time favorite is the one From Window of Opportuniy, that smile is just priceless..........(deep sigh). The kiss scene wasn't bad either....... ;) :rolleyes:

Grace O'Neill
May 26th, 2005, 10:54 PM
I think what I like the best about WOO is that Sam kissed Jack back. She didn't fight it, didn't question it (unlike Hammond - that look was priceless :) ) She just went with the flow and enjoyed herself :)

sclairef99
May 27th, 2005, 12:00 AM
Originally Posted by Oma-1
Bren Ren - Here's one for ya. Florence posted the link a while ago, but its still a good read - I've lost count how many times I've read it

A Light In The Darkness - http://www.samandjack.net/stories/sjarchive3/acalightinthedarkness.html

Found this one though

The Post-it Conspiracy - http://freemind.intoxicate-me.org/stargate/humour/thepostitconspiracy.htm

Ok....so I couldn't find Oma's original post....but these were two great fics that she recommended!!!!!!! I loved the Post It Conspiracy....though I would like to have seen it go a bit further...but it was very funny!

S

sclairef99
May 27th, 2005, 12:05 AM
Not a good idea--on my computer--so I just read the interview. In some ways it was what I expected, the usual "things are going great, our characters are getting more time" type stuff that usually follow a change of that sort.But yet.... That "Rick and the three mooks" quote did get to me. Sure RDA was the name, but Teal'c and Daniel got plenty of stories and time, more than Sam IMHO. I've been reading RDA interviews going back a ways(some for the first time) and I've never seen him dis the others at all. I do think the others being based in Vancouver and RDA commuting was a source of a bit of friction, even before the reduced schedule. Maybe not exactly friction, but of a sort of divide between him and the other regulars. And I'm confused, are RDA and Greenburg not backers at all anymore? They're Gekko, aren't they?

Hey Gatetrixer...

I haven't read the full article yet, though I plan to....in any case....I agree with you.... the "Rick and the three mooks" quote did get to me also. I also agree with you that T and D got alot of stories even though RDA was the headliner. I can understand some frustration and I'm glad to see that it will be getting back to some off world stuff...back to it's roots...as he says...because they have a bigger budget...as I'm guessing because RDA's salary is no longer.... But still....I didn't think it was the right way to put it....

S

sclairef99
May 27th, 2005, 12:15 AM
Welcome Grace - this is a cool place to hang out!

Post away - whatever pops into your fron. :)

"well spank me Rosie" ..........O'Neill, Full Circle

Not feeling too Kruvis are you?

S

sclairef99
May 27th, 2005, 12:20 AM

I don't think it's significant....I think she's caught up in her new baby and now having to figure out how to juggle the baby and work...because I think she's back on set now.....she's had a MAJOR life change....and I think it takes adjustment....

Nite all...

S

katethegater
May 27th, 2005, 01:48 AM
My current fave 3 'shippy' moments :

1)'Beneath the Surface' when Jonah & Thera are sitting up talking about what they remember & Jonah says he remembers feeling 'feelings'.............(big shippy sigh!) :p

2)'Window of Opportunity' - yes i agree with you guys, that sexy smile in the final scene when Jack has a mouthfull of oatmeal (is that like porridge?).....(you could just drown in those eyes!!!!!) :p

3)'Divide & Conquer' - who can forget the Za'tarc testing and Jack & Sams admission in front of Freya (& T & Janet(R.I.P)......................when Jack says 'We're ok with that?' (ie: leaving 'it' in the room).........that little smile......OOh! :p

Myrth
May 27th, 2005, 02:38 AM
Great writing! And.. great characterisations [happy sigh] can't ask for much more than that in a fic....

Keep it up, it's great work!

:)

Oooookay then...I offer, for your consideration, shippy fanfic #2. (http://www.gateworld.net/fanfic/archive/35/catalyst.html)

girlgater
May 27th, 2005, 03:29 AM
Hey Gatetrixer...

I haven't read the full article yet, though I plan to....in any case....I agree with you.... the "Rick and the three mooks" quote did get to me also. I also agree with you that T and D got alot of stories even though RDA was the headliner. I can understand some frustration and I'm glad to see that it will be getting back to some off world stuff...back to it's roots...as he says...because they have a bigger budget...as I'm guessing because RDA's salary is no longer.... But still....I didn't think it was the right way to put it....

S

I agree that it's great that they're getting to go off-world more. Off-world episodes were definitely cut in S8. I even understand the hyping of the "new show." What bothered me the most was that CJ seemed to step over the line from giving a professional interview to one that was a slap at a former castmate. :(

girlgater
May 27th, 2005, 03:36 AM

Taking out the:

- Kisses
- Hugs and
- Head on shoulders....

Welcome back home! I wondered where in the world you were.

As for my three favorite shippy moments, I really can't top those that have already been listed, but in addition to them:

Lost City - where Sam goes (I think) to tell Jack how she feels at his house, but is interrupted by the "guys" - again.

Citizen Joe - the phone conversation between Sam/Jack before Joe arrives.

Point of View - when Sam watches Jack tell AU Sam goodbye. The look on her face... (I think that's the episode).

My RL is keeping me away too these days. Take care everyone.

Oma-1
May 27th, 2005, 04:43 AM

ST-1 that was great! Loved the mix of angst /ship / humour - especially how Teal'c knew about a chainsaw - LMAO :D You're pretty good at this fic stuff :)

Oma-1
May 27th, 2005, 05:13 AM

Taking out the:

- Kisses
- Hugs and
- Head on shoulders....

LOL4JACK - Welcome back from the SciFi Desert!

Only 3 ARGHHHHH!

Okay, thinking .... thinking ..... thinking ..... in no particular order ...... I'm gonna go for just shippy (not angsty cos there's too many of those :p )

Emanicpation - Sam does the twirl in her blue dress and Jack's jaw hits the floor. Carter, ya look great! :D Love that scene.

WOO - the Nothin' moment, Jack's cat got the cream waaaaay to sexy grin and Sam's puzzled smile.

Moebius2 - Can't decide between hand porn and Cubs, or You've got packing to do. Can I have both cos it's the same ep? :hopeful: :p

Oma-1
May 27th, 2005, 05:24 AM
Finally got hold of a copy of this month's Dreamwatch. There's no specific article on RDA, just an interview with Robert Cooper about SG-1 S9 and Atlantis S2. Here's the bits that count ........

Q: Can you clarify how much we'll be seeing of Richard Dean Anderson in the new season?

A: "Rick makes a cameo appearance in episodes one and three, and he's absolutely not gone for good. His character is very much alive in the Stargate universe. Rick just needs some time. he wants to drive his daughter to school every morning, and I understand that. He absolutely made sure that we were going to leave the door open for his return."

Then later on in the article ....

"Rick has been doing this a long time. He has a family in LA and the show is something he doesn't have to do any more to pay the rent. It's something that he has done out of loyalty to BW and myself and to the cast, crew and fans, and because he enjoys doing it."

Q: "Finally, how long can these two shows go on?"

A: "I think that having seen the chemistry of the new cast and the potential for stories that these new bad guys and the new concept for the series have created, SG-1 has legs. I think we could be looking at many, many more years if it continues to grow and be successful and people want to watch it. I don't think that this is the last season of SG-1 by any means and I think this seson may end the talk about a "last season"."

Despite using the word absolutely twice, we're still not dealing in aboslutes :rolleyes: but every indication is there. RCC is saying that RDA's intention is to be back.

WOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOO! The ship will still be sailing!! Just going to be anchored for a while in S9 while its sails get repaired. ;)

Lida
May 27th, 2005, 05:32 AM
Well that really perked up my day! Thanks Oma!!!! :D :D :D

Oh, and I was told the first pic in my sig is Laira's back......mea culpa, I'm sorry. I'll find another pic of Jack and Sam, and change it!

I told you guys I was a ditz! You obviously didn't believe me!!! ;) :rolleyes:

Oma-1
May 27th, 2005, 05:39 AM
Well that really perked up my day! Thanks Oma!!!! :D :D :D

Oh, and I was told the first pic in my sig is Laira's back......mea culpa, I'm sorry. I'll find another pic of Jack and Sam, and change it!

I told you guys I was a ditz! You obviously didn't believe me!!! ;) :rolleyes:
Well, don't worry about it, whoever told ya it was Laira's back got it wrong too. It's Sara O'Neill from Cold Lazarus :p But hey, look on the bright side - we can all see it this time :D

Grace O'Neill
May 27th, 2005, 07:38 AM
Finally got hold of a copy of this month's Dreamwatch. There's no specific article on RDA, just an interview with Robert Cooper about SG-1 S9 and Atlantis S2. Here's the bits that count ........

Despite using the word absolutely twice, we're still not dealing in aboslutes :rolleyes: but every indication is there. RCC is saying that RDA's intention is to be back.

WOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOO! The ship will still be sailing!! Just going to be anchored for a while in S9 while its sails get repaired. ;)

WOW!!! :D :D :D

That is great news!!! Thanks Oma-1

LOL4JACK
May 27th, 2005, 08:13 AM
LOL4JACK - Welcome back from the SciFi Desert!

Only 3 ARGHHHHH!

Okay, thinking .... thinking ..... thinking ..... in no particular order ...... I'm gonna go for just shippy (not angsty cos there's too many of those :p )

Emanicpation - Sam does the twirl in her blue dress and Jack's jaw hits the floor. Carter, ya look great! :D Love that scene.

WOO - the Nothin' moment, Jack's cat got the cream waaaaay to sexy grin and Sam's puzzled smile.

Moebius2 - Can't decide between hand porn and Cubs, or You've got packing to do. Can I have both cos it's the same ep? :hopeful: :p
I knew you where going to go for the hand porn! :D

Rogue
May 27th, 2005, 08:28 AM
Here is 3 fav moments of mine:
Nemesis - flirting with her in the lab, then extending the fishing trip invite

48 hours - asking her if she wants to be in the gateroom when they power up the Russian DHD.

Death Knell - Jack puts arm around Sam

Myrth
May 27th, 2005, 08:45 AM
I was playing with photoshop to amuse myself and decided to give myself a little happy. Thought I'd share.... :)

http://www.bigbutton.com.au/~wickedgrin/gateworld/passion.jpg

&

http://www.bigbutton.com.au/~wickedgrin/gateworld/eyes.jpg

Loved that quote, had to use it :)

dipsofjazz
May 27th, 2005, 08:49 AM

:D This is another super fic. Thanks for posting it here, and I hope we'll be getting many more. :D

Rogue
May 27th, 2005, 09:01 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v474/mkmoulder/Stargate/3222.jpg

Carter: You want to play doctor?

Oma-1
May 27th, 2005, 09:04 AM
I was playing with photoshop to amuse myself and decided to give myself a little happy. Thought I'd share.... :)

&

Great pics Myrth :) I've been trying to find something to fit that quote too .... I'll have to find another pic now :p

LOL4JACK
May 27th, 2005, 09:05 AM

Taking out the:

- Kisses
- Hugs and
- Head on shoulders....

Ok, my 3 favorite moments... and I did have a hard time...

- NEMESIS: The first fishing trip invite... priceless :D
- D & C: When they are taking Jack away for the procedure, Sam is watching and he looks back at her.... breath taking
- GENESIS: At the beg when Jack gets closer to look at the moniter and she get's all nervous... :D

Thanks all for your messages :D

(((((((((((((((((( SHIPPER FAMILY )))))))))))))))

dipsofjazz
May 27th, 2005, 09:10 AM

Taking out the:

- Kisses
- Hugs and
- Head on shoulders....

I love all the moments everyone has posted already. I'd like to add..

1. The end scene in "Beneath the Surface" when Sam says, "Sir". The looks on their faces get me every time. I know it's sad, but it's so shippy.
2. In "Serpents Venom", when Sam is underneath the mine, Jack lays his head on her tummy so he can look too. :p
3. My sig pic look from "Memento". This scene is near the end, and SG-1 are invited to a banquet (or something like that), and when cake is mentioned they have this wonderful look between them. :D

There are so many wonderful looks between them, and this is a great topic to get my memory working!

dipsofjazz
May 27th, 2005, 09:13 AM

&

:D Great pics Myrth. The quote works so well with that scene.

Daniel's_twin
May 27th, 2005, 09:40 AM

Q: Can you clarify how much we'll be seeing of Richard Dean Anderson in the new season?

A: "Rick makes a cameo appearance in episodes one and three, and he's absolutely not gone for good. His character is very much alive in the Stargate universe. Rick just needs some time. he wants to drive his daughter to school every morning, and I understand that. He absolutely made sure that we were going to leave the door open for his return."

"Rick has been doing this a long time. He has a family in LA and the show is something he doesn't have to do any more to pay the rent. It's something that he has done out of loyalty to BW and myself and to the cast, crew and fans, and because he enjoys doing it."

A: "I think that having seen the chemistry of the new cast and the potential for stories that these new bad guys and the new concept for the series have created, SG-1 has legs. I think we could be looking at many, many more years if it continues to grow and be successful and people want to watch it. I don't think that this is the last season of SG-1 by any means and I think this seson may end the talk about a "last season"."

I realize everyone is talking about Mirth's pics (which are great) but I saw this post and I just had to say *ahem, ahem, cough cough*......

YAAAAAAAAAAAAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! :cool:

Watters87
May 27th, 2005, 10:06 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v503/Watters87/E11.jpg
http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/23/23_29_122.gifHappy Birthday Tokenhttp://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/23/23_29_122.gif

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v503/Watters87/eed63e1a.jpg

An Ancient
May 27th, 2005, 10:57 AM

Excellent...

Given what is says about RDA, (he doesn't have to do it, but does so out of loyalty). "Hail RDA, Hail ship, Hail S/J" :D

dipsofjazz
May 27th, 2005, 11:08 AM
http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/26/26_17_3.gif HAPPY BIRTHDAY TOKEN!http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/26/26_17_3.gif

We have cake...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v491/dipsofjazz/odds/hershey_kisses_birthday_cake.jpg

We have drinks...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v491/dipsofjazz/odds/c022.gif http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v491/dipsofjazz/odds/boire.gif

We have a parade...
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v491/dipsofjazz/odds/10.gif

And, of course, we have Sam and Jack...
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v491/dipsofjazz/Sam%20and%20Jack/3_11_0172.jpg

Have a wonderful shippy day!

Gatetrixer
May 27th, 2005, 11:30 AM

Not trying to play devil's advocate, but what part would he be playing? BeauB. is supposedly a good friend in RL so I can't see him replacing him as head of SGC. Would he be breezing in a few times like Hammond did in Season 8? I just can't figure out what he'd do. And please, no chain of command problems with Sam. Hey, O'Neill for President!!!!!!! :D

Any comments on the S9 previews on Monday night? :(

megglizz
May 27th, 2005, 11:44 AM
Hey everyone--I'm new at being a shipper (didn't even know the word existed until now!) but i have just one question........has anyone noticed between the old and new episodes that some of the main characters (sam, teal'c) look like they've had some facelifts or botox??? It's really disturbing to me that Sam/AT could be sucked into the whole "hollywood" idea of beauty!! She's so pretty, and why would Jack want to be with someone filled with plastic!! :) anyone have any insight into this? thanks!! :)

wynter
May 27th, 2005, 12:09 PM
http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/26/26_17_3.gif HAPPY BIRTHDAY TOKEN!http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/26/26_17_3.gif

We have cake...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v491/dipsofjazz/odds/hershey_kisses_birthday_cake.jpg

We have drinks...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v491/dipsofjazz/odds/c022.gif http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v491/dipsofjazz/odds/boire.gif

We have a parade...
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v491/dipsofjazz/odds/10.gif

And, of course, we have Sam and Jack...
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v491/dipsofjazz/Sam%20and%20Jack/3_11_0172.jpg

Have a wonderful shippy day!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TOKEN!!!!!

(sorry dipsofjazz love the birthday wish and the thought of cake......and sam and jack)

Hope you have a fab day!!

wynterxx

Grace O'Neill
May 27th, 2005, 12:11 PM
WELCOME, Megglizz!

You will love it here. The family is great!!! Lots of happy ship! :)

To answer your question: Don't know and don't really care... They can do whatever they want to their outside appreances. As long as the insides stay the same. ;)

sg-1fanintn
May 27th, 2005, 12:12 PM
Wow! There's so much interesting stuff being said here today. First and foremost, though:

Happy Birthday, Token!

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y128/newsgoddess/tokenbday.jpg

Sam: It’s Token’s birthday, Sir.

Jack: Yeah, let’s celebrate.

Sam: Sir, that’s my thigh.

Jack: What’s your point? I’m celebrating.

I think today's most exciting news is the following. Thanks, Oma-1, for sharing with us!

I like what he said, and I agree with you about the future of our SHIP. As to what RCC said, that's more the tone I had hoped to hear from TPTB in talking about the new season!

As to fine reading material.....

Originally Posted by Oma-1
Bren Ren - Here's one for ya. Florence posted the link a while ago, but its still a good read - I've lost count how many times I've read it

A Light In The Darkness - http://www.samandjack.net/stories/s...hedarkness.html

Found this one though

The Post-it Conspiracy - http://freemind.intoxicate-me.org/s...tconspiracy.htm

I read both of these, plus ST-1's No Explanation Needed, last night! All wonderful!

I have this printed out for tonight's "bedtime story."

And Myrth, thank you for these beautiful pix!

&

By golly, if GW doesn't crash again, it should be a wonderful Memorial Day Weekend! I hope it is for all of you, but I'll be checking in as RL allows.

Grace O'Neill
May 27th, 2005, 12:19 PM
My 3 favorite angst shippy moments:

1. IN THE LINE OF DUTY - Sam is rolled into the infirmary, Jack and Teal'c follow (they are called back to the gateroom - Jack sends Teal'c, but remains there). The look of despair on Jack's face is unbelievable. I think I became a shipper after that moment ;)

2. ENTITY - Jack is sitting by Sam (who is in coma at the end). Janet tells him about her living will and asks him to let her go. Whatever he says there ("give it a moment...") is so soft spoken, yet so much feeling in it. He's just not ready to let her go yet.

3. DEATH KNEEL - After they discover Jacob/Selmak. The look on Jack's face when he finds out that Sam might yet be alive, but the Anubis' drones is after her

Grace O'Neill
May 27th, 2005, 12:22 PM
Happy Birthday To You!
Happy Birthday To You!
Happy Birthday Dear Token!
Happy Birthday To You!

Yeahhhhhhhhhhhhh.... :) :) :)

sg-1fanintn
May 27th, 2005, 12:45 PM
Welcome, Megglizz, to our little shippy family!

You'll enjoy everyone here.

Hey everyone--I'm new at being a shipper (didn't even know the word existed until now!) but i have just one question........has anyone noticed between the old and new episodes that some of the main characters (sam, teal'c) look like they've had some facelifts or botox??? It's really disturbing to me that Sam/AT could be sucked into the whole "hollywood" idea of beauty!! She's so pretty, and why would Jack want to be with someone filled with plastic!! :) anyone have any insight into this? thanks!! :)

I've noticed Amanda looking even better than in the early years of the show, but I'm not sure it's botox or anything. It could be better lighting, better makeup and/or better skin care. Those things can make a huge difference, and she can afford and demand them now, which she probably couldn't in S1 and 2. She does just seem to glow a lot. I want to look like that! (sigh)

But even if she's had something done (and I don't really think she has), every girl wants to look her best!

florence
May 27th, 2005, 12:53 PM
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y41/shippy_flo/SamJack/Threads_128.jpg
Sam : "Jack, if we don't leave now, we'll miss Token's birthday party"
Jack : "I think she won't mind if we're late. Actually, I'm sure she won't mind if we don't go at all"
Sam :"If we don't go ? Oh, you mean..."
JAck : "Yep" :D

Happy birthday Token !

Emilee108
May 27th, 2005, 12:56 PM
Hello Everyone!

Thought I would drop in and say.....

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TOKEN!!! :D

I hope you have an awesome birthday Token and that all of your dreams and wishes come true! :)

Thanks for the article Oma! It gives me a little bit more hope!

Talk to you all later!

~*~Emilee~*~

girlgater
May 27th, 2005, 01:27 PM
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TOKEN!

Hope you have a wonderful day (another May baby!)

ShimmeringStar
May 27th, 2005, 01:44 PM
In honor of the esteemed Shipper Token’s birthday…. Please allow me to post some pix. *grins* Please allow me to post LOTS of pix….

From S1:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v470/ShimmeringStar214/S1SG1/BCsamjack2.jpg

ShimmeringStar
May 27th, 2005, 01:45 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v470/ShimmeringStar214/S1SG1/BCsamjack3.jpg

ShimmeringStar
May 27th, 2005, 01:46 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v470/ShimmeringStar214/S1SG1/BCsamjack4.jpg
(I love her grin!)

ShimmeringStar
May 27th, 2005, 01:47 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v470/ShimmeringStar214/S1SG1/BDsamjack.jpg
(cropped tightly & turned... but it is from BrocaDivide)

ShimmeringStar
May 27th, 2005, 01:47 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v470/ShimmeringStar214/S1SG1/coraisamjack1.jpg

ShimmeringStar
May 27th, 2005, 01:48 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v470/ShimmeringStar214/S1SG1/CotGsamjack.jpg
(an S/J cap I like from Children of the Gods)

ShimmeringStar
May 27th, 2005, 01:49 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v470/ShimmeringStar214/S1SG1/Noxsamjack.jpg

ShimmeringStar
May 27th, 2005, 01:50 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v470/ShimmeringStar214/S1SG1/S2PoVsamjack1.jpg

ShimmeringStar
May 27th, 2005, 01:52 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v470/ShimmeringStar214/S1SG1/TBftGoGsamjack1.jpg
They're engaged.... :)
(and those are the best extensions they ever gave Sam's character...)

ShimmeringStar
May 27th, 2005, 01:53 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v470/ShimmeringStar214/S1SG1/TEWsamjack.jpg
(Makes you wonder what Sam is doing... :rolleyes: )

ShimmeringStar
May 27th, 2005, 01:54 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v470/ShimmeringStar214/S1SG1/THsamjack1.jpg

ShimmeringStar
May 27th, 2005, 01:54 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v470/ShimmeringStar214/S1SG1/THsamjack2.jpg

ShimmeringStar
May 27th, 2005, 01:55 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v470/ShimmeringStar214/S1SG1/TMhands.jpg
From Tin Man (that is Sam’s hand holding his)

ShimmeringStar
May 27th, 2005, 01:55 PM
From S2:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v470/ShimmeringStar214/S2SG1/1969samjack1.jpg

ShimmeringStar
May 27th, 2005, 01:56 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v470/ShimmeringStar214/S2SG1/1969samjack2.jpg

ShimmeringStar
May 27th, 2005, 01:56 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v470/ShimmeringStar214/S2SG1/aMoTsamjack.jpg
(from A Matter of Time... one of my fav S2 eps)

ShimmeringStar
May 27th, 2005, 01:57 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v470/ShimmeringStar214/S2SG1/OutofMindsamjack2.jpg

ShimmeringStar
May 27th, 2005, 01:57 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v470/ShimmeringStar214/S2SG1/Prisonerssamjack.jpg

ShimmeringStar
May 27th, 2005, 01:58 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v470/ShimmeringStar214/S2SG1/Secretssamjack.jpg

ShimmeringStar
May 27th, 2005, 01:59 PM
A favorite scene from Secrets…

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v470/ShimmeringStar214/S2SG1/Secretssamjack1.jpg

ShimmeringStar
May 27th, 2005, 02:00 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v470/ShimmeringStar214/S2SG1/Secretssamjack2.jpg

ShimmeringStar
May 27th, 2005, 02:01 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v470/ShimmeringStar214/S2SG1/Secretssamjack3.jpg

ShimmeringStar
May 27th, 2005, 02:02 PM
From S3:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v470/ShimmeringStar214/S3SG1/DSsamjack1.jpg

ShimmeringStar
May 27th, 2005, 02:03 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v470/ShimmeringStar214/S3SG1/LCsamjack4.jpg

ShimmeringStar
May 27th, 2005, 02:03 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v470/ShimmeringStar214/S3SG1/Nemesissamjack1.jpg

ShimmeringStar
May 27th, 2005, 02:04 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v470/ShimmeringStar214/S3SG1/NGsamjack1.jpg

ShimmeringStar
May 27th, 2005, 02:05 PM
From that shippy year S4:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v470/ShimmeringStar214/S4SG1/2010jacksamcamping.jpg

ShimmeringStar
May 27th, 2005, 02:05 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v470/ShimmeringStar214/S4SG1/BTFsamjack1.jpg

ShimmeringStar
May 27th, 2005, 02:06 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v470/ShimmeringStar214/S4SG1/BTSsamjack1.jpg
(Another favorite scene... :) )

ShimmeringStar
May 27th, 2005, 02:07 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v470/ShimmeringStar214/S4SG1/DJsamjack1.jpg

ShimmeringStar
May 27th, 2005, 02:09 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v470/ShimmeringStar214/S4SG1/Enemiessamjackguns.jpg
Just another day on the job...

ShimmeringStar
May 27th, 2005, 02:09 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v470/ShimmeringStar214/S4SG1/DnCintensejack.jpg
fav moments from DnC

ShimmeringStar
May 27th, 2005, 02:12 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v470/ShimmeringStar214/S4SG1/DnCjacksamlook.jpg

ShimmeringStar
May 27th, 2005, 02:13 PM
Same scene different episode - Upgrades.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v470/ShimmeringStar214/S4SG1/Upgradesintensejack.jpg

ShimmeringStar
May 27th, 2005, 02:14 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v470/ShimmeringStar214/S4SG1/Upgradessamlook.jpg

ShimmeringStar
May 27th, 2005, 02:15 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v470/ShimmeringStar214/S4SG1/Entitysamjack1.jpg

ShimmeringStar
May 27th, 2005, 02:17 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v470/ShimmeringStar214/S4SG1/FSsamjack3.jpg

ShimmeringStar
May 27th, 2005, 02:19 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v470/ShimmeringStar214/S4SG1/FSsamjack4.jpg

ShimmeringStar
May 27th, 2005, 02:20 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v470/ShimmeringStar214/S4SG1/Menacesamjack1.jpg

ShimmeringStar
May 27th, 2005, 02:21 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v470/ShimmeringStar214/S4SG1/Menacesamjack3.jpg

ShimmeringStar
May 27th, 2005, 02:22 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v470/ShimmeringStar214/S4SG1/Menacesamjack5.jpg