PDA

View Full Version : Sam Carter/Jack O'Neill Ship Appreciation Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57

Catysg1
May 17th, 2005, 02:30 AM
that's awesome!! unfortunately after what I just read I can't really appreciate !!! :( :(

thanks it's really cool, can't rep you :(

have a good night folks I need to forget about those latest news!!see ya all tomorrow :rolleyes:

I think anything will be really hard to appreciate after the latest news of Joe's return to Sam's life . :rolleyes:
Ok I'm off to JAG now .I'll be happier reading the episode guide and catching up on that ..followed by a Mac and Harm shippy video . :D

Caty :)

Catysg1
May 17th, 2005, 02:38 AM
Welcome to MEDUSA and any other newbies :)

and also Happy birthday to everyone I missed in the last few weeks :)

My heart is not in it anymore .. :(

TPTB is showing no support whatosever to the shippers ..and bringing all the men of the past in Sam's life is out of line , specially so late in the show when Threads proved that Sam was with Jack ....so I don't see the point to bring back orlin, Barrett and Joe ..OK Barrett I undestand ..he is NID agent but really TPTB is only bringing them back to relate it to the Sam and Jack ship ..Now I don't think they will use the guys to only please the shippers ..If there were some pro Joe/Sam or pro Orlin/Sam or some pro Barrett/Sam over there at the time ..TPTB will make sure that they bring those characters back to please them a little too even if they try to kiss Sam and she rejects them ....We may even see her having a drink or meal with one of them ...it's so bad , it makes me cringe when I know that Jack won't even be around to see it all :(

Caty:)

pittsburghgirl
May 17th, 2005, 05:46 AM
pittsburghgirl I though IGTBK was the best of a Lousy Season.The epsiode reminded me of a Time when SG-1 was a great Show.Even thought the Sam and Jack Ship was not great I really enjoyed the episode.
SES-yeah IGTBK was a funny episode. I do so like the eppies with Maybourne in them-he is a perfect foil for Jack. But as much as I liked the 'team' aspect of the episode-and the possible inside jokes (??) I do think they missed an opportunity to show us something. I am still shaking me head over Sam's abrupt about face and there would have been a perfect reason to show something-especially with S and J on the ship.

Rogue
May 17th, 2005, 06:06 AM
SES-yeah IGTBK was a funny episode. I do so like the eppies with Maybourne in them-he is a perfect foil for Jack. But as much as I liked the 'team' aspect of the episode-and the possible inside jokes (??) I do think they missed an opportunity to show us something. I am still shaking me head over Sam's abrupt about face and there would have been a perfect reason to show something-especially with S and J on the ship.

Season 8 is the season of missed opportunities. It could have been so much better. But instead of putting the blame on lousy writing, we hear the excuses of lack of RDA time, lack of money, and our focus on Atlantis. IMO, they wasted alot of RDA time with one liners and grouchiness. There were times where I wondered if Jack even knew Sam existed or even cared if she was alive. They spent the whole season pulling Sam and Jack apart, then giving them a vague resolution at the end.

pittsburghgirl
May 17th, 2005, 06:20 AM
Season 8 is the season of missed opportunities. It could have been so much better. But instead of putting the blame on lousy writing, we hear the excuses of lack of RDA time, lack of money, and our focus on Atlantis. IMO, they wasted alot of RDA time with one liners and grouchiness. There were times where I wondered if Jack even knew Sam existed or even cared if she was alive. They spent the whole season pulling Sam and Jack apart, then giving them a vague resolution at the end.
So-if season 7 resembled a Hoover???? Season 8 is the season of Missed Opportunities??

sueKay
May 17th, 2005, 06:26 AM
Heya

Well English went okay on Friday, and my next exam's on Thursday so here's hoping it goes well.

I thought I'd cheer up coming here, but I can see that everyone's reading into everything WAY too much. Can't people see that Joe's admitted to being a shipper, but he's probably under WAY too much pressure to tell us anything definite...he's probably got RC breathing down his neck...anyhow...I spotted something shippy whilst rewatching Moebius...

Think of this from the end of Moebius in the context of the AU kiss and 'fishing'

O'NEILL (on the screen): Um, college football is played on Saturdays; pro on Sundays; and there are no fish in my pond ... at all ... where I fish. (He turns to the other two.) Uh, I think that covers it for me.

(In the lab, Daniel turns the video off. Sam looks at Jack.)

CARTER: Is that correct?

O'NEILL: If it is, we don't do anything?

CARTER: Apparently nothing we did affected the timeline.

O'NEILL: But we didn't do anything!

I take this as meaning

If there are no fish and we don't do anything? (as in horizontal mamba)

ChevronSeven
May 17th, 2005, 07:17 AM
oh god !!! don't say me you haven't seen yet !!! you won't like it !!!!

JOE IS BACK!!!!!!!!!! they found a way to talk about the Aschen again !!!!!!

ok now I'm getting very very worried about season 9 !!!
I'm so pissed off!! can't even think abotu what to write....my god, one more!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :S :S

bring the cookies!!! NOW!!!!!!!!

I didn't read it that way. I read it as the story isn't written or being produced. It's on the shelf right now. As in, if we're a story short, we'll use it. If Earth is going to court, don't you think that Jack would have to be brought in as a witness/suspect? After all, he was part of those story lines. They can't just ignore him. So look at it this way - if the story is produced, Jack will be back! That I can deal with.

Spimman
May 17th, 2005, 07:27 AM
My heart is not in it anymore .. :(

TPTB is showing no support whatosever to the shippers ..and bringing all the I'm sad to hear you say that, but we all understand and are kind of sad by RDA's decision to "leave" the show. Who knows what is to come though, the glass is still half full. :p :D :o

lonely_star
May 17th, 2005, 08:44 AM
I didn't read it that way. I read it as the story isn't written or being produced. It's on the shelf right now. As in, if we're a story short, we'll use it. If Earth is going to court, don't you think that Jack would have to be brought in as a witness/suspect? After all, he was part of those story lines. They can't just ignore him. So look at it this way - if the story is produced, Jack will be back! That I can deal with.

yeah you're right, thanks and you too Oma. I feel much better now. It was late and I was emotionally over the top :D but anyway the Aschen story is still a possibility and I'd be very sad if once again they bring him back. Actually I don't really like Joe. But if it means jack would be back, I can deal with that too! ;) :p

Sue Kay good luck for your exam! ;)
I thought your post was very funny! I mean it looks like you're the one reading WAY too much between the lines :D but I don't complain about it, if only it could be what TPTB meant! :o

Zika
May 17th, 2005, 10:50 AM
Hi! Sorry I havn't been in here a lot lately! - exam:S

But I just saw a movie last night (Vanilla Sky), and it just got me to think -a lot!! But the thing is, that if the team (Sam and Jack and maybe Daniel and Teal'c), wet to the cinemax to watch a movie, what movie would they see? If Sam had to choose, or Jack?

Zika (hoping I'll get some more time to be in here! :rolleyes: )

shipper hannah
May 17th, 2005, 11:57 AM

But I just saw a movie last night (Vanilla Sky), and it just got me to think -a lot!! But the thing is, that if the team (Sam and Jack and maybe Daniel and Teal'c), wet to the cinemax to watch a movie, what movie would they see? If Sam had to choose, or Jack?

star wars for teal'c! :p

LOL4JACK
May 17th, 2005, 12:02 PM
star wars for teal'c! :p
Daniel, Life is Beautiful
Sam, The English Patient
Jack, Close Encounters of the third kind or ET :D

PS: No idea how those movies came out of my mind, I guess I was thinking to much like them :p

pittsburghgirl
May 17th, 2005, 12:05 PM
Okay-I am throwing a thought out here. I have batted this back and forth with a few homegirls-and this is my thought. Now I am spoilery spacing this because it has be a voluntary read-because what I am thinking is not real positive about season 9 or about Sam and Jack-so let us be upfront about this. If you are willing to take what might be an off the wall thought and run with it-here it is.
k-we know that the boys haven't been all that nice about Sam the last couple years and especially about the whole Sam and Jack relationship. I happen to be in the camp that was left mightily confused and unhappy at the end of it all-and as RDA is opting out-pretty much-I believe that the chances of any interaction are none and none-do you think that they will just pretend it all never happened? The show is really good at ignoring things-you know-like Janet's death and Cassie -so what really gives the idea that they will continue the relationship with Jack not being there? Does anyone think that they will pretend that Sam is the "Kirk" of Stargate-and if this turns out to be true-what will that do with your viewership of the show-will ya still watch?

Rogue
May 17th, 2005, 12:45 PM
Okay-I am throwing a thought out here. I have batted this back and forth with a few homegirls-and this is my thought. Now I am spoilery spacing this because it has be a voluntary read-because what I am thinking is not real positive about season 9 or about Sam and Jack-so let us be upfront about this. If you are willing to take what might be an off the wall thought and run with it-here it is.
k-we know that the boys haven't been all that nice about Sam the last couple years and especially about the whole Sam and Jack relationship. I happen to be in the camp that was left mightily confused and unhappy at the end of it all-and as RDA is opting out-pretty much-I believe that the chances of any interaction are none and none-do you think that they will just pretend it all never happened? The show is really good at ignoring things-you know-like Janet's death and Cassie -so what really gives the idea that they will continue the relationship with Jack not being there? Does anyone think that they will pretend that Sam is the "Kirk" of Stargate-and if this turns out to be true-what will that do with your viewership of the show-will ya still watch?

I wouldn't be a bit surprised Season 9 if they ignore it all together. Jack leaves giving both Teal'c and Daniel a hug, of course no mention of Sam. Sam comes back from her "professional" leave of absence, is introduced to General Landry, no mention of Jack. Now I don't think she will be the Kirk of Stargate, I think that privilege will be left for Cameron. I think we are sitting ourselves up for a big let down if we think we are going to get a acknowledgement from those guys. Wonder why we aren't getting any J/S ship spoilers, because there is none.

pittsburghgirl
May 17th, 2005, 12:58 PM
I wouldn't be a bit surprised Season 9 if they ignore it all together. Jack leaves giving both Teal'c and Daniel a hug, of course no mention of Sam. Sam comes back from her "professional" leave of absence, is introduced to General Landry, no mention of Jack. Now I don't think she will be the Kirk of Stargate, I think that privilege will be left for Cameron. I think we are sitting ourselves up for a big let down if we think we are going to get a acknowledgement from those guys. Wonder why we aren't getting any J/S ship spoilers, because there is none.
I agree-I happen to believe that they consider it paid as of the end of last season. this is a new season,a new Sg-1-whatever happened the first 8 years is dead and buried and has nothing to do with where they are now.

sg-1fanintn
May 17th, 2005, 01:00 PM
Pittsburghgirl.....

The same thoughts that you mention have also run through my mind. :eek: :eek: I don't even want to think about it! :eek: :eek:

I'm trying to remain optimistic...... :cool: :( :eek:

pittsburghgirl
May 17th, 2005, 01:05 PM
Pittsburghgirl.....

The same thoughts that you mention have also run through my mind. :eek: :eek: I don't even want to think about it! :eek: :eek:

I'm trying to remain optimistic...... :cool: :( :eek:
I know-it is pretty scary isn't it? I used to be so excited about the new season coming and what they were going to do and the places and peoples they would meet. Now it's ...

DarkQuee1
May 17th, 2005, 01:43 PM
You know, a lot of posters were saying that they watch the show for more than S/J and that's why they'll continue watching in season 9. Well, so did I. Unfortunately, a lot of the reasons I watched the show have gone by the wayside: for one thing, Jack was the character who sucked me into the show and the character I feel was the core character. I've found that I haven't particularly thought much of the eps with little or no Jack. So, that element is gone.

There was also a time when I thought the show was well-written, with intelligent stories, strong moral issues, no easy answers and clever solutions that didn't damage one or more of the characters. Not any more. The writing is totally sloppy, careless and facile, going for the easiest answer without any thought as to what that answer means if you think it through or for the damage it might cause to some or all of the characters in the ep. The plotting is slovenly, with plot holes all over and no explanations (for example, saying "Boy, she's good" does not explain why Vala was able to get out the brig and past all the guards at the end of the aptly-acronymed PU, when she couldn't get out earlier. But then, it's obvious that the writers didn't *have* an explanation that wouldn't be laughed off the screen--or they would have used it.) for things that are going on.

Not to mention, original ideas. And the spoilers for next year don't seem to be covering any new ground, either. And then there's the new penchant for stupid humor.

And so on, and so on.

So, there isn't that much to hold me anymore. More importantly, I see starting a thread, keeping it going, dangling in front of us all these year to keep us watching--and then not definitively resolving it when it essentially is no longer part of the show--to be a dishonest way of dealing with your audience. And that's the primary reason why I won't be watching if they simply write it off: I see their attitude as totally contemptuous towards us, and I don't see any reason to come back for more of that.

Especially not when the show is a mere shadow of its former self.

(I also don't like all the subtle digs that RCC is making against RDA now. Cooper needs an ego-deflate.)

J.

Oma-1
May 17th, 2005, 02:45 PM

Well, Teal'c would be with me on Thursday - me and the hubby are gonna see Star Wars III :D

As for Jack - probably back to the Future with Mary Steenburger or The Simpsons Movie :p

As for Sam ..... 2001 A Space Odessy or Apollo 13 maybe? I dunno about that one. She might be a secret romantic and go for one of my faves, While You Were Sleeping ;)

Catysg1
May 17th, 2005, 02:51 PM

That what I think too ...so I'm running away before I get upset again :rolleyes:

ses110
May 17th, 2005, 02:52 PM
DarkQuee that was Brillant.I wish I could explain my reasons for not watching Season 9 like you.It goes beyond just the lack of Sam and Jack Ship.It's the same tired stories.TPTB cannot write a Male guest Star that is not in Love with Sam.IMO SG-1 going on without RDA would be like Cheers going on without Ted Danson..Both shows had great supporting characters but you need the one Star to bring everything together.IMO how can you have a big episode in Season 9 like the Four Horseman and Jack is nowhere to be seen.It would have made so much sense to have Sam and Jack get together and have Jack go missing in the last episode of Season 8.Everytime something Big happens in Season 9 peoples first reaction will be where is Jack.I also feel RCC has taken shots at RDA.I guess 8 Years on a TV Show is not worth anything.

Oma-1
May 17th, 2005, 03:06 PM
You know, a lot of posters were saying that they watch the show for more than S/J and that's why they'll continue watching in season 9. Well, so did I. Unfortunately, a lot of the reasons I watched the show have gone by the wayside: for one thing, Jack was the character who sucked me into the show and the character I feel was the core character. I've found that I haven't particularly thought much of the eps with little or no Jack. So, that element is gone.

There was also a time when I thought the show was well-written, with intelligent stories, strong moral issues, no easy answers and clever solutions that didn't damage one or more of the characters. Not any more. The writing is totally sloppy, careless and facile, going for the easiest answer without any thought as to what that answer means if you think it through or for the damage it might cause to some or all of the characters in the ep. The plotting is slovenly, with plot holes all over and no explanations (for example, saying "Boy, she's good" does not explain why Vala was able to get out the brig and past all the guards at the end of the aptly-acronymed PU, when she couldn't get out earlier. But then, it's obvious that the writers didn't *have* an explanation that wouldn't be laughed off the screen--or they would have used it.) for things that are going on.

Not to mention, original ideas. And the spoilers for next year don't seem to be covering any new ground, either. And then there's the new penchant for stupid humor.

And so on, and so on.

So, there isn't that much to hold me anymore. More importantly, I see starting a thread, keeping it going, dangling in front of us all these year to keep us watching--and then not definitively resolving it when it essentially is no longer part of the show--to be a dishonest way of dealing with your audience. And that's the primary reason why I won't be watching if they simply write it off: I see their attitude as totally contemptuous towards us, and I don't see any reason to come back for more of that.

Especially not when the show is a mere shadow of its former self.

(I also don't like all the subtle digs that RCC is making against RDA now. Cooper needs an ego-deflate.)
J.

Agree with ya here - up to a point. I think S7 & 8 damaged Sam's character a lot. But that isn't all that unusual - think back to S4 and Shau'nac. Teal'c was still married to Drey'uac and was quite happily going to run off to Chulak with Shau'nac and play happy families while we brainwash goa'ulds. Then again in S8 - Teal'c runs off with Krista while he's in a relationship with Ishta. TPTB didn't do Teal'c's character any favours with those storylines. Some of the plots were full of holes, I agree about the Vala one - poorly written and just too full of inuendo. One of the things I have loved about Stargate is that the kids can watch it too. The Vala ep isn't one they will be watching (along with the bedroom scene in Chimera - but I don't want to see that bit either :S ).

But imo tptb also wrote some fantastic storylines for S7 & 8. Chimera (the Sarah / Osiris plot) I thought was great. Grace, Death Knell, Evolution all great eps well written. Lost City was the best 2-parter in SG-1 history for me. I *loved* IGTBK - SG-1 going thru the gate again (yipee) was great, and also Jack heavy :D. Reckoning was a close 2nd to Lost City. SG-1 at its best.

I might have to check out the credits for those eps and see who wrote and produced them. I think SG-1 suffered this year for writing as Atlantis took away Brad Wright and divided the interests of PDL and MW and other ptb. There are more writers on board now, so maybe they won't be spread so thin and the plots will be sewn up more tightly this year. They'll need to be with new enemies and old recurring characters.

S9 As far as ship goes, I'm not expecting much next season, but I am still hoping. The hope/rumour is that RDA will be guesting in S10 too, so I don't think the ship will be dropped altogether. Where there's life there's hope - or in this case, where there's RDA there's hope :p

DarkQuee1 - your last comment has me intrigued. What's the news there? I've not seen anything so a pointer would be great. I definitely agree about RCC's ego though. Maybe we could send Janet after him with one of her big needles :evil grin:
http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/36/36_1_40.gif

ses110
May 17th, 2005, 06:17 PM
Caty it may sound silly but I feel sorry for AT.I heard AT mention in a interview she did not like all the Male guest Stars falling for Sam.AT is really not going to be Happy in Season 9.It's bad enough there will be no Sam and Jack Ship but to see the parade of Man Friends is a bit much for me.Sam was a great character and the character has been reduced to Eye Candy for the Guest Star of the Week.I find it interesting TPTB have done a great Job with Jack's personal life and a Horrible Job with Sam Daniel and Teal'c.

sg-1fanintn
May 17th, 2005, 06:56 PM
I see starting a storyline between two characters, keeping it going, dangling in front of us all these year to keep us watching--and then not definitively resolving it when it essentially is no longer part of the show--to be a dishonest way of dealing with your audience. And that's the primary reason why I won't be watching if they simply write it [S/J] off: I see TPTB attitude as totally contemptuous towards us, and I don't see any reason to come back for more of that.

J.

I'm afraid I agree.....and after eight years, I'm tired of being teased. It will do no harm now to say that Sam and Jack are seeing each other. He won't be around, it would make the shippers happy, and since it won't be thrown in their faces each week, the non-shippers should get over it pretty quickly. There is no way I will ever believe that given all these two have been to each other and how long they have waited to act on their feelings, that they would choose anything else than to be together. I think they're one of those rare couples who could make the long distance relationship work as long as they had to.

I haven't heard any digs against RDA by anyone, but telling us how "magical" everything is on the set with BB isn't fooling anyone (DarkQuee1, maybe this is what you meant by "subtle digs"). I like BB as much as the next sci-fi fan, but as he said himself in a GW interview not long ago, "You can't replace Richard Dean Anderson." No, you can't! Hyping BB's arrival isn't going to make fans give up the love they have for Jack O'Neill. It just isn't going to happen. As I've said before, we don't need no stinkin' new team!

I know RDA is entitled to do something else after eight years, but I just wish he wouldn't! Does anyone know which agency represents him? Perhaps we could inundate them with letters!

DarkQuee1
May 17th, 2005, 07:57 PM
I haven't heard any digs against RDA by anyone, but telling us how "magical" everything is on the set with BB isn't fooling anyone (DarkQuee1, maybe this is what you meant by "subtle digs").

That's exactly the kind of thing I meant. And saying that the set is "the happiest it's ever been." Stuff like that.

J.

MedusA
May 17th, 2005, 08:01 PM
I see, this places fires up when I'm not here. Well I guess there's only two choices ... I'll have to quit my job and move to Canada, or I'll have to get a new job and become noctournal ...

ses110
May 17th, 2005, 08:08 PM
IMO that's a definite dig.I guess TPTB are not Happy with just insulting the Shippers TPTB have to move on to the Man who made the Show what it is.There's something wrong when you have to tear down others to promote the New Season.I still shake my Head at that comment.TPTB also know how much the Shippers Hate all of Sam's Man Friends and there making it there business to find every last one for Season 9.With all this I'am suppose to watch Season 9.I think not.I'll keep busy with Fanfiction instead of watching Season 9.The writing is much better anyway.

pittsburghgirl
May 17th, 2005, 08:42 PM
IMO that's a definite dig.I guess TPTB are not Happy with just insulting the Shippers TPTB have to move on to the Man who made the Show what it is.There's something wrong when you have to tear down others to promote the New Season.I still shake my Head at that comment.TPTB also know how much the Shippers Hate all of Sam's Man Friends and there making it there business to find every last one for Season 9.With all this I'am suppose to watch Season 9.I think not.I'll keep busy with Fanfiction instead of watching Season 9.The writing is much better anyway.
ses-i so agree with what you have to say. i

MedusA
May 17th, 2005, 09:23 PM
Don't you guys think that it's better for them to be having this kind of happy attitude than for them to spend the whole season "mourning" the loss of one of the great characters. It would come through on the screen and that would suck.

This is just a job, sure it's an awesoke job, but people come and go. You can't hold grudges because people have to get their priorities sorted out. These guys have work to do and they know that, they're simply trying to make the best of a bad situation and as they say, a change is as good as a holiday.

... This is ripe coming from me, I'm quite possibly the biggest pessimist on the face of the earth.

majorsal
May 17th, 2005, 11:58 PM
(snipped)

With JAG ( although I haven't seen the last episode) it was all credible because both actors were both there until the very end ..and we mostly saw them together in every single episode from beginning to the end . it 's not what 's gonna happen in SG1 between Sam and Jack ..their relationship will be off screen so I doubt the shows will end up with a wedding ...or if it does end with a wedding for S/J, it will be Daniel and Teal'c mentionning it like " OH , Sam and Jack ..sorry they can't be there , they're on their honeymoon" and fade to black ... :rolleyes:

caty, hon, i know you're just getting into Jag, but they handled the harm/mac situation so badly that i quit that show four years ago. and for me to quit a show because of poor ship writing, that says a lot. i'm only saying this because using Jag as a good vrs bad comparison is like using titanic vrs love boat. :p

sally :)

MedusA
May 18th, 2005, 12:04 AM
I never saw any love boat, but Titanic sucked =OD.

Oma-1
May 18th, 2005, 12:27 AM
I got really melancholy the other night about RDA leaving the show and had to get it out of my system. Making this pic was really theraputic and is my homage to Jack. It isn't cheerful, but it reflected my mood at the time.

Irreplaceable (http://img264.echo.cx/img264/1143/irreplaceable3cj.png)

Catysg1
May 18th, 2005, 04:50 AM
caty, hon, i know you're just getting into Jag, but they handled the harm/mac situation so badly that i quit that show four years ago. and for me to quit a show because of poor ship writing, that says a lot. i'm only saying this because using Jag as a good vrs bad comparison is like using titanic vrs love boat. :p

Well I saw quite a few episodes of JAG like 15 to 20 and there was ship in every single episode..and I'm not talking kisses and cuddles only but good interaction with Mac and Harm ..the smiles ..the coolness between the characters because no matter what ..they are comfortable with each other .. they talk a lot about anything personal or not personnal even about having babies with each other ....and the sexy scenes ,..there are plenty of that and Mac is not scared to show her legs to Harm ....It is the longest flirtitious show on TV history and it's great ...I also love the stories and all the cases they have to solve and even if one prosecutes and the other one defends , they are always using humor in the scenes out of the courtroom when they talk about the case . I also saw a lot of scenes with both of them off duties wearing different clothes and those were pretty cool too .
I also love Bud and his wife ....the trauma he had to undergo with his rehab is quite hearbreaking but the interpersonnal relationship in JAG so far is outstanding .

The Sam and Jack ship is pale in comparison ...because of the awardness of the characters when they are together ....the fact that TPTB kept them apart for almost all seasson 8 didn't help ...There is chemistry there and I'm still a Sam and Jack shipper ..but I don't really care much about the outcome .For me now is a good time to let go .I 'm still coming here from time to time ...but I had enough making videos for Sam and Jack where I had to watch the episodes 50 times so that I could try to pick a shippy scene to make each video exceptionnal .

I hope TPTB won't carry on their game of having Sam and Jack apart in season 9 even if we don't see them on screen together ..but reading through the lines ....it seems like TPTB is not gonna acknowledge the Sam and Jack ship in a good way ..because doing it through past boyfriends so late in the show is not a very good idea .

They should have packed up the series on a high note or carry on but call it something else so that we understand that SG1 is over, and they are starting a new chapter with new characters ....Sam , Daniel and Teal'c would have been fine then ..They even could all have been moved to another team and call it SG2 or whatever but for that they should have resolved the Sam and Jack ship properly and not let the shippers or fans in general guess about it .

Although I know there are together , it was not that visual ..we even didn't have a cuddle in Mobieus when Sam and Jack were packing up the ZPM ..It would have been the right moment for a cuddle and a little chat ..just after he said "You have packing to do " just to finish the Sam and Jack ship ..and let the new team takes over in season 9 . The RST in season 9 from Sam or Jack when they phone each other would have been just fine . Now Apparently we know there won't be many phone calls according to Joe Malozzi and we won't see Sam and Jack together at all untile may be the very last episode of Season 9 ( if RDA decides to come back for that one ) ..Wow ..What a build up !!!

I will watch seasonn 9 premiere if it does not interfere with the JAG episodes .
Season 10 JAG is also starting mid June here in the UK and I won't miss it for anything not even Stargate SG1 . :eek: Shame it comes to that but there is always a time to quit .
I'm amazed myself I'm quitting before the end of the show ..I have never done that before ..not even for the x-files ..I stuck to the end because Mulder and Scully had a great and intense relationship ..it showed on screen all the time even when one of them was alone .

If the JAG DVD'S are released for Christmas..I will get them all eventually ..it's a great show of the decade and well worth spending money on .My hubby loves JAG too ..He got a bit tired of SG1 last year and the year before ....because he said the show has lost some of it's appeal .probably because RDA /Jack started to reduce his role in the show and my hubby is a great fan of Jack ..and also most of the time , he told me the episodes were bad ..or didn't do anything for him . He loved " Upgrades" and " Divide and Conquer" and all the action ones ..at the time where the scripts were excellent ....but most season 7 and 8 ..He didn't like and I understand why.

Catysg1
May 18th, 2005, 04:57 AM
I got really melancholy the other night about RDA leaving the show and had to get it out of my system. Making this pic was really theraputic and is my homage to Jack. It isn't cheerful, but it reflected my mood at the time.

Irreplaceable (http://img264.echo.cx/img264/1143/irreplaceable3cj.png)

Great pic Oma :)

Rogue
May 18th, 2005, 05:55 AM
Well I saw quite a few episodes of JAG like 15 to 20 and there was ship in every single episode..and I'm not talking kisses and cuddles only but good interaction with Mac and Harm ..the smiles ..the coolness between the characters because no matter what ..they are comfortable with each other .. they talk a lot about anything personal or not personnal even about having babies with each other ....and the sexy scenes ,..there are plenty of that and Mac is not scared to show her legs to Harm ....It is the longest flirtitious show on TV history and it's great ...I also love the stories and all the cases they have to solve and even if one prosecutes and the other one defends , they are always using humor in the scenes out of the courtroom when they talk about the case . I also saw a lot of scenes with both of them off duties wearing different clothes and those were pretty cool too .
I also love Bud and his wife ....the trauma he had to undergo with his rehab is quite hearbreaking but the interpersonnal relationship in JAG so far is outstanding .

The Sam and Jack ship is pale in comparison ...because of the awardness of the characters when they are together ....the fact that TPTB kept them apart for almost all seasson 8 didn't help ...There is chemistry there and I'm still a Sam and Jack shipper ..but I don't really care much about the outcome .For me now is a good time to let go .I 'm still coming here from time to time ...but I had enough making videos for Sam and Jack where I had to watch the episodes 50 times so that I could try to pick a shippy scene to make each video exceptionnal .

I hope TPTB won't carry on their game of having Sam and Jack apart in season 9 even if we don't see them on screen together ..but reading through the lines ....it seems like TPTB is not gonna acknowledge the Sam and Jack ship in a good way ..because doing it through past boyfriends so late in the show is not a very good idea .

They should have packed up the series on a high note or carry on but call it something else so that we understand that SG1 is over, and they are starting a new chapter with new characters ....Sam , Daniel and Teal'c would have been fine then ..They even could all have been moved to another team and call it SG2 or whatever but for that they should have resolved the Sam and Jack ship properly and not let the shippers or fans in general guess about it .

Although I know there are together , it was not that visual ..we even didn't have a cuddle in Mobieus when Sam and Jack were packing up the ZPM ..It would have been the right moment for a cuddle and a little chat ..just after he said "You have packing to do " just to finish the Sam and Jack ship ..and let the new team takes over in season 9 . The RST in season 9 from Sam or Jack when they phone each other would have been just fine . Now Apparently we know there won't be many phone calls according to Joe Malozzi and we won't see Sam and Jack together at all untile may be the very last episode of Season 9 ( if RDA decides to come back for that one ) ..Wow ..What a build up !!!

I will watch seasonn 9 premiere if it does not interfere with the JAG episodes .
Season 10 JAG is also starting mid June here in the UK and I won't miss it for anything not even Stargate SG1 . :eek: Shame it comes to that but there is always a time to quit .
I'm amazed myself I'm quitting before the end of the show ..I have never done that before ..not even for the x-files ..I stuck to the end because Mulder and Scully had a great and intense relationship ..it showed on screen all the time even when one of them was alone .

If the JAG DVD'S are released for Christmas..I will get them all eventually ..it's a great show of the decade and well worth spending money on .My hubby loves JAG too ..He got a bit tired of SG1 last year and the year before ....because he said the show has lost some of it's appeal .probably because RDA /Jack started to reduce his role in the show and my hubby is a great fan of Jack ..and also most of the time , he told me the episodes were bad ..or didn't do anything for him . He loved " Upgrades" and " Divide and Conquer" and all the action ones ..at the time where the scripts were excellent ....but most season 7 and 8 ..He didn't like and I understand why.

Yeah, Caty I agree. the ending was a let down. They spent the whole season spliting them apart. Us shippers had to endure alot thru the season. We watched every ep looking for anything that would give us hope that they would get together. To me Season 8 was very painful, not only as a J/S shipper and a Sam fan, but also as a SG-1 fan. They wasted most of RDA air time, they sacrificed Sams character for the sake of the story plot, they made Daniel into a action hero, and poor Teal'c well at least the Jaffa are free. I expect Sam and Jacks relationship willl suffer the same fate as Cassie and Janet.

pittsburghgirl
May 18th, 2005, 05:56 AM
Yeah, Caty I agree. the ending was a let down. They spent the whole season spliting them apart. Us shippers had to endure alot thru the season. We watched every ep looking for anything that would give us hope that they would get together. To me Season 8 was very painful, not only as a J/S shipper and a Sam fan, but also as a SG-1 fan. They wasted most of RDA air time, they sacrificed Sams character for the sake of the story plot, they made Daniel into a action hero, and poor Teal'c well at least the Jaffa are free. I expect Sam and Jacks relationship willl suffer the same fate as Cassie and Janet.
Out of sight-out of mind?

Rogue
May 18th, 2005, 05:58 AM
Out of sight-out of mind?

Seems to be their motto!

pittsburghgirl
May 18th, 2005, 06:00 AM
Seems to be their motto!
oh-I can think of a few others that would be apprapo. But considering that this is a PG forum and a polite one...

Commander Aegir
May 18th, 2005, 06:10 AM
they will or should address the sam/jack relationship in season 9 and if they don't they'll pay lol :D

Rogue
May 18th, 2005, 06:11 AM
oh-I can think of a few others that would be apprapo. But considering that this is a PG forum and a polite one...

yeah me too.

pittsburghgirl
May 18th, 2005, 06:14 AM
they will or should address the sam/jack relationship in season 9 and if they don't they'll pay lol :D
you mean-we won't pay...for the DVDs

pittsburghgirl
May 18th, 2005, 06:15 AM
yeah me too.
well guess I am going to have to find a new show to be my treadmill buddy-i walked to that show for two and half years-even though I probably could say the dialogue along with the characters. I have had season 7 since november-and I still haven't watched it.

Commander Aegir
May 18th, 2005, 06:27 AM
i mean they will be a bit stupid to not address the relationship because in each season there has been a sam/jack episode so it would be odd for them not to.

Rogue
May 18th, 2005, 06:51 AM
i mean they will be a bit stupid to not address the relationship because in each season there has been a sam/jack episode so it would be odd for them not to.

Well I hope I am wrong. I would love to have them acknowledge the relationship. But I am not getting my hopes up.

pittsburghgirl
May 18th, 2005, 07:00 AM
well that is true-it would be odd for them-but I am still under the considered opinion that they will ignore it. Pretend it never happened. They are quite good at that.

nickatell
May 18th, 2005, 08:41 AM
I guess what I am not understanding is this, knowing that RDA was not going to be around for majority of Season 9 why didn't they resolve the ship at the end of Season 8, what would have been the harm, especially knowing that AT wasn't going to be around for the first half of Season 9 too. This is where my feeling of being let down comes in to play. What I need to know is when Jack changes positions to Home World Security is he still going to be in the Air Force or will he be civillian, and will Sam be under his chain of command still leaving the obstacle of regulations? Because if Jack does go civillian or the regulations are not an issue than my feelings of being let down will hold true, TPTB then had all the opportunity in the world to give the PROPER resolution. If though he remains in the Air Force and the regulations are still an obstacle then actually my feelings of being let down still hold true because that little "retire" from Kerry in Threads was just TPTB waving the carrot in front of our noses as many have said. Does anyone know if this question has been asked to Joe? Of course instead of yes or no, Joe will probably give us something that would take the CIA to figure out.

As ses110 has said before I really almost wish that RDA was not going to be in any of Season 9 (I scared myself by even typing that) because I really feel that his occassional appearances are really a ploy to keep the RDA lovers watching trying to get them hooked on the new season instead of leaving with him. Obviously his appearances also still breathe life into the shippers as well, hoping that we will continue to watch nothing enfold between Jack and Sam. Don't get me wrong I am happy with some bits of some episodes in Season 8 that I can continue to dream upon between Jack and Sam but....

I too started to watch Stargate because of RDA and his portrayal of Jack, then of course I picked up on the relationship of Jack and Sam and that has kept me glued to my set ever since. Yes, I did come to like the rest of the characters but as many have said they weren't enough to keep my interest when Jack was missing. Some of the stories were obviously much better than others but if it hadn't been for RDA I know I wouldn't have watched in the first place.

What drives me crazy though is TPTB saying they have so many NEW ideas for Season 9 and many NEW faces to start a NEW FUTURE, but many of the stories we are hearing include many OLD faces and yes ses110 funny how they all seem to be men who have adored Sam in the PAST. I think TPTB have to figure out which way they want to go, NEW or OLD, PAST or FUTURE. I know we have heard the "new story" ploy with each new season and so far I have not been impressed. Of course TPTB have to be excited, excitement sells, and for some RDA leaving isn't such a big deal (I want names and numbers, only kidding) ;and the introduction of BB, BB and CB they feel will bring NEW life; but with the same OLD writers...I think you get my point. This of course is my brain talking; on the other hand my heart sits here hoping that there will be a fabulous passionate resolution between Jack and Sam (ooooy). Will someone please wake me from my dream, unless I'm smiling then wait a little while.

Oma-1
May 18th, 2005, 09:32 AM
I guess what I am not understanding is this, knowing that RDA was not going to be around for majority of Season 9 why didn't they resolve the ship at the end of Season 8, what would have been the harm, especially knowing that AT wasn't going to be around for the first half of Season 9 too. This is where my feeling of being let down comes in to play. What I need to know is when Jack changes positions to Home World Security is he still going to be in the Air Force or will he be civillian, and will Sam be under his chain of command still leaving the obstacle of regulations? Because if Jack does go civillian or the regulations are not an issue than my feelings of being let down will hold true, TPTB then had all the opportunity in the world to give the PROPER resolution. If though he remains in the Air Force and the regulations are still an obstacle then actually my feelings of being let down still hold true because that little "retire" from Kerry in Threads was just TPTB waving the carrot in front of our noses as many have said. Does anyone know if this question has been asked to Joe? Of course instead of yes or no, Joe will probably give us something that would take the CIA to figure out.

I agree with so much of what you said here, Lynne. As for the CIA figuring out a Joe shipper quote, I'm not so sure even they could manage it :S Shame we can't ask Martin Gero cos he answers the ship questions straight up with a ref to an ep. *HINT HINT* ;)

DarkQuee1
May 18th, 2005, 10:50 AM
It strikes me that TPTB are being foolish. For some reason, instead of trying to hold the audience they think they are going to lose, they are working at pushing it further away. The Daniel-Uber-Alles/MS fans are going to stay, because their character/actor is still on the show and still getting episodes and storylines (even if, like the entire Vala business, they make the character look, IMO, cute but stupid. It would also be nice to see *Daniel*storylines, instead of "Daniel pretending to be a mini-Jack" storylines, but I don't hold out much hope).

The new Farscape fans they hope to bring in will come because BB is a regular in the show, and CB recurring actor. And since it seems that Browder's character is going to have definite Jack-like traits, that will also mean he'll have certain similarities to Crichton (who had Jack-like traits).

So, these guys are going to stay, at least for a while (depending on the quality of the show). OTOH, there are a bunch of fans who are less sanguine about the coming season. The Jack fans are losing their favorite character and the character they've tended to believe was the core character (and they may also believe, as I do, that everything and everyone sparked better in the days when Jack was a strong presence on the show). The Sam fans are losing the character for five eps; are seeing the possibility of the character's presence being lessened because AT wants to spend more time with her daughter; are seeing what appears to be a "demotion" for the character in regard to the new male lead; and are facing the possibility that the character will continue to be mulched the way TPTB have mulched it for the last two years. And they hear the PTB talking about how season 9 will have new storylines for Daniel and Teal'c; no mention of Sam.

Clearly, the S/J fans are losing a thread they loved to watch.

Further, there are fans who think that the story of SG1, which started with the Goa'uld, should have ended with them, and that the "new directions" sound a lot like the old ones.

You would think that they would be going out of their way to reassure *these* fans, the ones already thinking of leaving, that they really want to stay. That Jack will remain a "presence", even if physically gone, in the way the Daniel was constantly being mentioned in season 6. Something you *don't* do by insulting RDA, BTW.

That Sam would not be losing her position and that they will emphasize the character's brilliance and show her in leadership situations (rather than trotting out old characters who still want to flirt with her).

That S/J has been positively resolved--interestingly, resolving the S/J thread by making it clear that the two are moving forward with their relationship, would eliminate the time wasted in the show on go-nowhere one-off flirtations and would maximize Sam's team time.)

That we aren't going the dumbest common denominator humor route (as Farscape often did) and that we aren't bringing in a whole new set of--drum roll--false gods. Yep, that's new. Or wasting more time on the Ascended, perhaps the show's most boring and annoying creation.

You would think that, but you'd be wrong. They seem to have decided that they don't care if they lose all these people. Certainly, they are doing their best to show us the door.

Too bad, because when the fights break out between the Daniel fans--because BB is getting too damn much screen time and is too important when everyone knows that Daniel is the center of the show--and the Farscape fans--who want BB to be the male lead the way he was in Farscape and to have the biggest chunk of screen time and who like BB to ship and so forth--we would have been calm center. And if you thought this fandom was fractured before, just wait a little. S/J will turn out to be a tempest in a teapot by comparison.

J.

Sam fan
May 18th, 2005, 11:55 AM
hey everyone i'm back! I've been away for a while getting some personal stuff sorted but i am back in the owrld of ship!! How is everyone? Do we have any spoilers for next season?? Of the shippy kind of course!?! I've missed you all loads and i hope it hasn't changed to much!

Daniel's_twin
May 18th, 2005, 11:57 AM
I think we've got a couple new spoilers, but I doubt you'll like 'em.

And we've missed you, too. :cool:

pittsburghgirl
May 18th, 2005, 11:59 AM
I think we've got a couple new spoilers, but I doubt you'll like 'em.

And we've missed you, too. :cool:
do tell!

dmovies
May 18th, 2005, 12:29 PM
Thank you, I couldn't have said it better! I don't know why the whole Sam/Jack thing worked so well for me, but it did. It's pretty rare to see two actors who light up the screen like those two did when they were together, and I've had 62 years of life experience to draw from.

girlgater
May 18th, 2005, 12:49 PM
Thank you, I couldn't have said it better! I don't know why the whole Sam/Jack thing worked so well for me, but it did. It's pretty rare to see two actors who light up the screen like those two did when they were together, and I've had 62 years of life experience to draw from.

Hi everyone. Has anyone ever done an informal survey on the ages of shippers? I'm probably above the average age too (42) and wondered how diverse our ages were.

Gatetrixer
May 18th, 2005, 12:58 PM
It strikes me that TPTB are being foolish. For some reason, instead of trying to hold the audience they think they are going to lose, they are working at pushing it further away. The Daniel-Uber-Alles/MS fans are going to stay, because their character/actor is still on the show and still getting episodes and storylines (even if, like the entire Vala business, they make the character look, IMO, cute but stupid. It would also be nice to see *Daniel*storylines, instead of "Daniel pretending to be a mini-Jack" storylines, but I don't hold out much hope).

The new Farscape fans they hope to bring in will come because BB is a regular in the show, and CB recurring actor. And since it seems that Browder's character is going to have definite Jack-like traits, that will also mean he'll have certain similarities to Crichton (who had Jack-like traits).

So, these guys are going to stay, at least for a while (depending on the quality of the show). OTOH, there are a bunch of fans who are less sanguine about the coming season. The Jack fans are losing their favorite character and the character they've tended to believe was the core character (and they may also believe, as I do, that everything and everyone sparked better in the days when Jack was a strong presence on the show). The Sam fans are losing the character for five eps; are seeing the possibility of the character's presence being lessened because AT wants to spend more time with her daughter; are seeing what appears to be a "demotion" for the character in regard to the new male lead; and are facing the possibility that the character will continue to be mulched the way TPTB have mulched it for the last two years. And they hear the PTB talking about how season 9 will have new storylines for Daniel and Teal'c; no mention of Sam.

Further, there are fans who think that the story of SG1, which started with the Goa'uld, should have ended with them, and that the "new directions" sound a lot like the old ones.

You would think that they would be going out of their way to reassure *these* fans, the ones already thinking of leaving, that they really want to stay. That Jack will remain a "presence", even if physically gone, in the way the Daniel was constantly being mentioned in season 6. Something you *don't* do by insulting RDA, BTW.

That Sam would not be losing her position and that they will emphasize the character's brilliance and show her in leadership situations (rather than trotting out old characters who still want to flirt with her).

That S/J has been positively resolved--interestingly, resolving the S/J thread by making it clear that the two are moving forward with their relationship, would eliminate the time wasted in the show on go-nowhere one-off flirtations and would maximize Sam's team time.)

That we aren't going the dumbest common denominator humor route (as Farscape often did) and that we aren't bringing in a whole new set of--drum roll--false gods. Yep, that's new. Or wasting more time on the Ascended, perhaps the show's most boring and annoying creation.

You would think that, but you'd be wrong. They seem to have decided that they don't care if they lose all these people. Certainly, they are doing their best to show us the door.

Too bad, because when the fights break out between the Daniel fans--because BB is getting too damn much screen time and is too important when everyone knows that Daniel is the center of the show--and the Farscape fans--who want BB to be the male lead the way he was in Farscape and to have the biggest chunk of screen time and who like BB to ship and so forth--we would have been calm center. And if you thought this fandom was fractured before, just wait a little. S/J will turn out to be a tempest in a teapot by comparison.

J.

You hit it righton in so many ways. I remember a letter to the editor in the TV GUIDE scolding the magazine for not saying Daniel was the main character in the show rather than Jack, or words to that effect. I myself think that there are a core of fans who are SciFi fans who will keep watching just because they always have, but if the stories aren't good even they will drift away. The complaints about S8 came from all directions, not just from Jack fans or Sam/Jack fans. And good stories shouldn't mean just recycling old ones. It seemed that they wanted to pretty much end the Gouald and replicator stories, kill off the Tok-ra plots (did we even see a Tok-ra or Jacob between Deathknell and Reckoning?), ascension again?--hope not. The Jaffa are free, so what can they do there besides show infighting. (an aside, what kind of jobs are all these Jaffa going to have now that they aren't Gouald soldiers?) And I have a feeling they are drifting off from the Asgard. Any of those stories could be resurrected, I know. But the fact that they are going to bring up Sam's old admirers indicates to me that they running thin on where to go.

Gatetrixer
May 18th, 2005, 01:03 PM
Sometimes people post an answer or agreement to someone but don't indicate to whom they are replying leaving the rest of us in the dark(unless we are unusually astute or the answer is very obvious). Quoting what you are replying to will help us.

ses110
May 18th, 2005, 03:03 PM
DarkQuee I cannot say Brillant enough.IMO there is no new direction it's the same tired direction.Bring back all the Sam Man Friends make Sam Play nice with everyone and be afraid to step on some Toes.I Loved how Sam was with Dr. Lee when Jack went missing in Paradise Lost.It's a Shame we only see that Sam every 6 Years.TPTB have gone out of there way to push the Shippers away from the Show.You would think TPTB would have wanted to wrap up the Sam and Jack Ship in a way that left no questions on whether there together or not so they did not have to answer anymore Sam and Jack Ship questions.You would also think TPTB would say some Nice things about RDA and make him feel wanted.It may not help as far as more Season 9 appearances but you never know. I'am starting to wish Roland Emmerich the Man who did the Stargate Movie did the Show as well.I may be wrong but I feel the Show probably would have been 10 times better.I liked the Movie Daniel much better than the TV Daniel.

sg-1fanintn
May 18th, 2005, 04:42 PM
Wow! Have a busy day at work, don't get to check GW at lunch and look what happens! Not only do we need huge quantities of shipper cookies. We may need some Prozac here!

I wish I could say something to cheer everyone up. But I'm feeling just like all of you are. First of all, Oma-1, love the Jack homage collage you did! It fit my mood too. I couldn't rep you, but I wanted you to know.

I've been thinking a lot the past couple of days about the fact that RDA is gone. I was hopeful at first that he'd be back for an additional four episodes this year. Now, with TPTB taking vague pot shots at him (by talking about how "magical" the set is with BB), I don't know why he'd WANT to come back. For us, maybe? I hope.

One other thought: RDA still owns part of the franchise. What impact does that have? I don't know. I am really down about the whole S9 outlook.

DarkQuee1 said it well:

It strikes me that TPTB are being foolish. For some reason, instead of trying to hold the audience they think they are going to lose, they are working at pushing it further away.

The Jack fans are losing their favorite character and the character they've tended to believe was the core character (and they may also believe, as I do, that everything and everyone sparked better in the days when Jack was a strong presence on the show). The Sam fans are losing the character for five eps; are seeing the possibility of the character's presence being lessened because AT wants to spend more time with her daughter; are seeing what appears to be a "demotion" for the character in regard to the new male lead; and are facing the possibility that the character will continue to be mulched the way TPTB have mulched it for the last two years. And they hear the PTB talking about how season 9 will have new storylines for Daniel and Teal'c; no mention of Sam.

And now, it appears AT won't be back til Ep 8 (Beachhead). I found that out on another thread last night (SAGC I think).

That S/J has been positively resolved--Iinterestingly, resolving the S/J thread by making it clear that the two are moving forward with their relationship, would eliminate the time wasted in the show on go-nowhere one-off flirtations and would maximize Sam's team time.

It's a dark view of S9.....I wish TPTB would tell us something that would make us feel a little reassured.

Token
May 18th, 2005, 05:28 PM
You may return to your regular Shipping after this brief annoucement!! :cool:

http://bestsmileys.com/birthday1/10.gif
http://bestsmileys.com/birthday1/5.gif
SG1Happy!!!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v334/Token04/Jackeating.bmp
May all your Birthday Wishes come true!!
:D

Token
May 18th, 2005, 05:35 PM
With all the talk about Season 9, I found a pic of Jack that might display his true feelings of Season 9. :rolleyes: :p

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v334/Token04/JackFinger.bmp

Token
May 18th, 2005, 05:37 PM
Of course, Sam is not too happy either. :p

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v334/Token04/SamGun.bmp

majorsal
May 18th, 2005, 08:41 PM
(snip)

This of course is my brain talking; on the other hand my heart sits here hoping that there will be a fabulous passionate resolution between Jack and Sam (ooooy). Will someone please wake me from my dream, unless I'm smiling then wait a little while.

i'm holding on, too, with hope.

Bucky
May 18th, 2005, 09:06 PM
I've been thinking a lot the past couple of days about the fact that RDA is gone. I was hopeful at first that he'd be back for an additional four episodes this year. Now, with TPTB taking vague pot shots at him (by talking about how "magical" the set is with BB), I don't know why he'd WANT to come back. For us, maybe? I hope.

I've been suffering from and extended case of Real Life myself, so I didn't see the story you refer to. Could you point me to it because I don't see how TPTB being enthusiastic about Ben Browder means they are taking pot shots at RDA. Did they say anything specific?

Bucky

ForeverSg1
May 18th, 2005, 09:50 PM
Sorry I know you all are having a really serious conversation here, but I've been trying to keep positive so I thought I'd toss in a bit of S/J humor to hopefully lighten the mood a little. Hope you don't mind.

Just remember... it ain't over till it's over...or is that till the fat lady sings... oh well. One of those. Don't get too down. Hopefully there is a small light at the end of the tunnel.

Daniel: Hey Jack, did Sam show you what she bought herself for an early birthday present?

Sam: (embarrassed) Daniel!

Daniel: What? (grinning) Go ahead...show him.

Jack: What?

Sam: (giving Daniel a dirty look) It's nothing sir...really.

Jack: Come on Carter, you obviously already showed Daniel. Let's see.

Sam: (glaring at Daniel) Yes sir. (Raising her shirt)

Jack: Is that what I think it is?

http://img266.echo.cx/img266/4736/navalring4gy.jpg

Daniel: It's a naval ring.

Jack: Carter that's...

Sam: I know...(cringing)...it's against regulations. I promise... I'll remove it while I'm on base.

Jack: I was gonna say...hot.

Sam: Really?

Jack: Really.

Sam/Jack: (thinking) Wow!

Oma-1
May 18th, 2005, 10:41 PM
Sorry I know you all are having a really serious conversation here, but I've been trying to keep positive so I thought I'd toss in a bit of S/J humor to hopefully lighten the mood a little. Hope you don't mind.

Just remember... it ain't over till it's over...or is that till the fat lady sings... oh well. One of those. Don't get too down. Hopefully there is a small light at the end of the tunnel.

Daniel: Hey Jack, did Sam show you what she bought herself for an early birthday present?

Sam: I know...(cringing)...it's against regulations. I promise... I'll remove it while I'm on base.

http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/36/36_11_6.gif Nice one Kat!

Hey TN - better be careful about mixing those cookies with prozac - never know what might happen....

If you're lucky you might get http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/36/36_4_5.gif

Alternatively .... http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/36/36_12_5.gif *shudder*

Oma-1
May 18th, 2005, 10:52 PM
I wish I could say something to cheer everyone up. But I'm feeling just like all of you are. First of all, Oma-1, love the Jack homage collage you did! It fit my mood too. I couldn't rep you, but I wanted you to know.

Thank you ;)

Can anyone tell us if the lack of spoilers for S/J is normal in the run up to a new season? Or is it specifically this year cos of no*don't want to say it-going into denial la-la-la-la*. Is it always like this in the run up to a new season? Can't believe I've got to wait until Oct 5th to see it! Thank goodness for spoilers or I think the anticipation would kill me - especially with it being so angsty for us shippers :eek: Either way - I NEED to KNOW!

Oma-1
May 18th, 2005, 10:56 PM
i'm holding on, too, with hope.

I'm gonna be singing Bonnie Tyler all day now ......

*I need a hero duh duh duhhhhh
I'm holding out for a hero till the end of the night .....* :p

That's probably a good thing cos I can think happy thoughts of Jack all day :D

majorsal
May 19th, 2005, 12:00 AM

LOVE it! :D

i know it's hard to stay positive (especially for those of us that have been riding this rollercoaster the longest), but i don't think things are over either. since spoilers are zero for ship AND sam, it gives me some hope that they're related. and, we always know the shippy stuff comes later in the season. AND, threads was too important (and made too big a deal by the writers) to be dropped and forgotten.

((((shippers))))

i'm going to hang in there, and i'll throw out some life preservers for my family members too.

ps - everytime i think of what really happened in threads... *super duper sigh*

majorsal
May 19th, 2005, 12:07 AM
Thank you ;)

Can anyone tell us if the lack of spoilers for S/J is normal in the run up to a new season? Or is it specifically this year cos of no*don't want to say it-going into denial la-la-la-la*. Is it always like this in the run up to a new season? Can't believe I've got to wait until Oct 5th to see it! Thank goodness for spoilers or I think the anticipation would kill me - especially with it being so angsty for us shippers :eek: Either way - I NEED to KNOW!

i came into fandom in season 4, and we always had shippy spoilers given to us. season 8 was the first time it didn't happen (and remember how wonderful that season's ship stuff ended up :D).

sally :D

Oma-1
May 19th, 2005, 12:58 AM
Thanks Sally, that's reassuring :D

girlgater
May 19th, 2005, 02:59 AM
Thank you ;)

I had wondered the same thing too, Oma, so thanks for asking. (And Sally for answering). ;) I can't imagine having to wait until October; July seems like an eternity already. Of course, you can get spoiled the same way we in the US do after our mid-season break. Thank goodness for spoilers.

I'm keeping the faith that we will get some resolution to all this jerking around by tptb. Here's hoping!!

florence
May 19th, 2005, 03:08 AM
http://yelims2.free.fr/Fete/BonAnnif04.gif

Happy birthday Oma !

May all your shippy dreams come true (if not on screen :rolleyes:, then in fanfics ;) :D )

girlgater
May 19th, 2005, 03:14 AM
Oh...Happy Birthday Oma! I can't do anything fancy, but you have my sincere wishes for a happy birthday. :) Hope it's a great day.

Catysg1
May 19th, 2005, 03:22 AM
Happy birthday Oma :)

Darkquee 1 ..I love your post exactly what I think too .

Forever SG1 ...LOL at your little scenario and the naval ring pic :) That is a great expression on Jack's face :)

wynter
May 19th, 2005, 03:32 AM
happy birthday oma!!!!!:D

hope you have a fab day!!!

for some reason my pc won't let me in so i'm a stranger at the moment here and i don't wanna be!!!!!

i've got to catch up on the posts see if i've missed any spoilers(please sam and jack).

will check in later!!

OH HI GUYS BY THE WAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

wynterxx

Catysg1
May 19th, 2005, 03:38 AM
well guess I am going to have to find a new show to be my treadmill buddy-i walked to that show for two and half years-even though I probably could say the dialogue along with the characters. I have had season 7 since november-and I still haven't watched it.

Oh yeah and which show is that ??:) I'm always looking out for new shows .

I have heard about "Lost" and it's addiction ..so I'm also looking forward to that one too ..Now I have JAG to catch up on ..I love Alias , 24 ,cold case and CSI Las Vegas .Those are the shows I'm into at the moment .Hard to fit them all ..I'm more casual with CSI and Cold case but I tape the others on DVD's for future music videos :)

and to stay on topic Sam and Jack and a big wedding ring in season 9 and I repost that collage :)

The future of Sam and Jack : A scene from season 9 ...At least that one is really visual :)

http://www.angelfire.com/magic/le_monde_perdu/SJWeddingdream2.jpg

sueKay
May 19th, 2005, 05:36 AM
Happy Birthday Oma!!!!

Have A Great Day!

sueKay
May 19th, 2005, 05:46 AM
Aloha!

Well...I see this thread has gone nuts in recent days...ah well

Lemme put my feelings like this

I found this show just over a year ago. I've now caught up and own all of the DVDs from 1 - 7.

I am not going to let TPTB tarnish what I have taken from this show, by destroying the team we love so much. Instead, I'm going to mark Moebius as the end of SG1, and the 9th season as a new show. I'm going to set aaside any ill feelings towards the showrunners and have a look at this show with the same open mindedness as I did with Atlantis. If I get hooked on it, then that's what happens. If I get bored and switch off, that's what will happen. SG1 had a lot of good things going for that, and TPTB seem hell intent on taking those things away. I'm not going to give them the satisfaction of pissing me off. I'm going to take what comes and view this as a new departure. In the meantime, I have the wonderful world of fanfiction and reruns. NOTHING can take those away from me. Nothing. TPTB will never win this battle. The show will eventually suffer the same fate as Trek, and on that day, they'll be wondering when it all went wrong, and you know what...by then I won't care.

So here's my season nine therapy plan

...providing you have time

1. two hours before the premiere...watch CotG
2. Watch the premiere of s9
3. Watch the SGA s2 premiere.
4. Watch Battlestar.

By starting off at the beginning of SG1 again, you will see how different S1 is to S9, and you come to identify the shows as two seperate entities. In time, you'll think of the two SG1s as completely seperate...who knows...you may even like the new characters.

Sorry...I'm just a little hyper...I had my practical music exam today

pittsburghgirl
May 19th, 2005, 05:58 AM
HAPPY BIRTHDAY OMA!

Hope it is a great day!

Rogue
May 19th, 2005, 06:06 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v474/mkmoulder/Stargate/oma.jpg

LOL4JACK
May 19th, 2005, 06:32 AM
Happy Birthday OMA!!!!!

http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/13/13_4_3.gif

Make a wish ;)

sueKay
May 19th, 2005, 06:36 AM
You know....from trawling through the various trek sites, you have to be relieved we've got RC, Joe and Co running Stargate

I wonder how horrific it would have been if Berman and Braga had been the Stargate Showrunners...

I'll put this in quotes so as not to spoil ENT for it's fans

1. Clip shows would be SG1 sitting around going 'Hey...do you remember when...', rather than the fun of Inaguration and Citzen Joe and the strangeness of Disclosure.
2. John Sheppard would run around madly saying that Jack was his hero and that he'd memorised all of his favourite Jack quotes.
3. Sam would be all doom and gloom before crying ala Troi, or would strip off ala T'Pol at every opportunity.
4. Jack would be evil ala Archer.
5. Daniel would be even more annoying ala Reed.
6. Teal'c would be wheeled out of a closet when needed ala Travis or Hoshi or would be used for compic relief ala Data.
7. The extent of S/J ship would be a monkey and a backrub, while Daniel and Janet would have been jumping each other in public and having babies (not necessarily a bad thing)
8. Walter and Siler would be dead (red shirts)
9. We'd get sparks flying in EVERY episode (not just Moebius) because the Enterprise has faulty electrics.
10. You thought the Moebius reset was bad...at least our show didn't get erased after THIRTY EIGHT YEARS!

sorry...that was random...I apologise.

pittsburghgirl
May 19th, 2005, 07:08 AM
You know....from trawling through the various trek sites, you have to be relieved we've got RC, Joe and Co running Stargate

I wonder how horrific it would have been if Berman and Braga had been the Stargate Showrunners...

1. Clip shows would be SG1 sitting around going 'Hey...do you remember when...', rather than the fun of Inaguration and Citzen Joe and the strangeness of Disclosure.
2. John Sheppard would run around madly saying that Jack was his hero and that he'd memorised all of his favourite Jack quotes.
3. Sam would be all doom and gloom before crying ala Troi, or would strip off ala T'Pol at every opportunity.
4. Jack would be evil ala Archer.
5. Daniel would be even more annoying ala Reed.
6. Teal'c would be wheeled out of a closet when needed ala Travis or Hoshi or would be used for compic relief ala Data.
7. The extent of S/J ship would be a monkey and a backrub, while Daniel and Janet would have been jumping each other in public and having babies (not necessarily a bad thing)
8. Walter and Siler would be dead (red shirts)
9. We'd get sparks flying in EVERY episode (not just Moebius) because the Enterprise has faulty electrics.
10. You thought the Moebius reset was bad...at least our show didn't get erased after THIRTY EIGHT YEARS!

well those are some scary thoughts. I didn't think that anything could be done that would be more scary than what the Boys in Vancouver have done, had done, will do or dream up.

sueKay
May 19th, 2005, 07:25 AM
Never underestimate the sheer money-mindedness of Brannon Braga and Rick Berman...They ruined trek...they've even admitted to ruining trek and getting t'pol naked in order to garner more viewers...

out PTB haven't gone that far....yet

pittsburghgirl
May 19th, 2005, 07:38 AM
Never underestimate the sheer money-mindedness of Brannon Braga and Rick Berman...They ruined trek...they've even admitted to ruining trek and getting t'pol naked in order to garner more viewers...

out PTB haven't gone that far....yet
Really-they did that to Jolene's character? Wow! They didn't tell our boys in Vancouver that-did they?

Emilee108
May 19th, 2005, 07:45 AM
Thought I would stop and post to say..

HAPPY BIRTHDAY OMA!!!!!! :)

I hope you have such an awesome day!

May all your dreams and wishes come true!

~*~Emilee~*~

sueKay
May 19th, 2005, 07:54 AM
Really-they did that to Jolene's character? Wow! They didn't tell our boys in Vancouver that-did they?

I quit watching, but from what I gather...T'pol was nekkie quite often...pity...the character showed promise.

lemme think

Jack - naked twice - out of time and the one with Kynthia that I can't remember the name of
Sam - twice - out of time and new order
Daniel - three times - out of time, Fallen and Threads
Teal'c - never

I hope Cooper doesn't run into Braga in the near future...although looking at Vala's costume... You have to wonder.

galaxy
May 19th, 2005, 09:25 AM
Just want to say:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY OMA!!!

http://tinypic.com/59uf4y

I hope you have a wonderful day and all your birthday wishes come true!

(((((((OMA)))))))

:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

Oma-1
May 19th, 2005, 10:32 AM
(((((((((((Shipper Family))))))))))

Thanks everyone for my birthday wishes :). I've had a great day so far, and it's gonna get even better cos I'm off to see Star Wars in a few :D (Good job I like SciFi huh?)

See you all later ((((((((more hugs))))))))))

Token
May 19th, 2005, 11:28 AM
http://bestsmileys.com/birthday1/2.gifhttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v334/Token04/JackTent.bmphttp://bestsmileys.com/birthday1/2.gif

Happy Birthday, Oma!!!!!

May all your birthday wishes come true!

(Jack is ready to help any way he can ;) )

ETA: May the Force be with you! :p

gatebee
May 19th, 2005, 11:42 AM
pic fr stargate1871
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v205/FilBrit1/272cefc2.jpg

http://www.clicksmilies.com/s0105/party/party-smiley-006.gif HAPPY BIRTHDAY OMA http://www.clicksmilies.com/s0105/party/party-smiley-006.gif

jafacakes
May 19th, 2005, 11:46 AM

Thanks everyone for my birthday wishes :). I've had a great day so far, and it's gonna get even better cos I'm off to see Star Wars in a few :D (Good job I like SciFi huh?)

Happy Birthday Oma

I'm sorry I don't know how to give you nice pics.
Have a great time watching Star Wars, I feel envious already :)

Lida
May 19th, 2005, 12:12 PM
http://www.freewebs.com/p3x888/AT-RDA%20kiss.jpg

HAPPY BIRTHDAY OMA!!!!!!!!

Uber
May 19th, 2005, 12:13 PM

Supposedly, I need to spread more green love...so I can't give you any Birthday greenage...so instead I shall post my Sam/Jack Moebius tribute...

<<<MOEBIUS 2 SPOILER PICS>>>

http://www.powerpromoz.com/stargate/moebius2shipping.gif

:D:D:D:D

katethegater
May 19th, 2005, 01:01 PM
Thanx sooooooooooooo much for the Fab 'moebius' pics. :)

I have got to wait until July to finally see the series finale as i don't have SKY and have been grabbing the series 8 DVD's as soon as they are released.....but you have really wet my apetite.

Could Jack get any sexier?......i think not! :D

Commander Aegir
May 19th, 2005, 01:47 PM
be optimistic about the sam/jack relationship when i went to the convention in london last november peter deluise n martin wood asked if there were any sam/jack shippers there so they do acknowledge that the fans like seeing them together. N my name means i'm optimistic lol :D (Philip)

Catysg1
May 19th, 2005, 02:33 PM
Thanx sooooooooooooo much for the Fab 'moebius' pics. :)

I have got to wait until July to finally see the series finale as i don't have SKY and have been grabbing the series 8 DVD's as soon as they are released.....but you have really wet my apetite.

Could Jack get any sexier?......i think not! :D

Welcome Kate the gater :) if you check my music video site I made a few music videos with shippy scenes season 8 :) just in case you can't wait until July :)

dipsofjazz
May 19th, 2005, 02:44 PM
:D Happy Birthday Oma-1 :D

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v491/dipsofjazz/Sam%20and%20Jack/S-006.jpg

Jack:"Do you think there'll be cake?"
Sam:"I hope so!"

mazzmatazz
May 19th, 2005, 02:45 PM
hullo there :)

I don't normally pop my head in this thread, but I've been making icecream and I thought you might like some.

http://www.mazzmatazz.co.uk/gallery/albums/userpics/10001/chocshipfinal%7E0.jpg

The surprise is, there's as much or as little ship as you like :D

ST-1
May 19th, 2005, 02:48 PM
Here's someshippy fanart (http://community.webshots.com/photo/341645786/341648524KWmEWj) for everybody who needs it! :p

Now, for my own somewhat offbeat perception of the 'ship:
Have you ever "had feelings for" someone you work with? Someone you really respect? Someone you're *NOT* technically (for whatever reason) supposed to be with? "Forbidden love" is very hard to admit, even when it's mutual. And even when both parties agree to go ahead and explore the relationship, the angst/conflict doesn't exactly disappear overnight. ;) You know how to be friends/colleagues, not lovers, and it's a difficult transition to make. DON'T ASK me how I know this! :rolleyes:

Honestly, think about it for a minute. If TPTB had ended the season with Jack retiring and proposing to Sam (which admittedly would have been great!), would it have felt realistic? More importantly, would it have been true to the characters? The way I interpret them, S&J wouldn't suddenly drop all their inhibitions and declare their love for one another. It wouldn't happen that way. It would happen slowly. They'd be discreet. And cautious, considering the many times they've both been hurt before...and even hurt each other!

Feelings don't turn on and off like a lightswitch. IMO, S&J's transition into "togetherness" couldn't be anything but slow and semi-ambivalent ("Is this really OK now?") I think that's where Moeibus left us.

Now we just have to trust TPTB to not drop the ball entirely. :p I therefore have no clue what to expect in S9. ;)

LOL4JACK
May 19th, 2005, 03:02 PM
Here's someshippy fanart (http://community.webshots.com/photo/341645786/341648524KWmEWj) for everybody who needs it! :p

Have you ever "had feelings for" someone you work with? Someone you really respect? Someone you're *NOT* technically (for whatever reason) supposed to be with? "Forbidden love" is very hard to admit, even when it's mutual. And even when both parties agree to go ahead and explore the relationship, the angst/conflict doesn't exactly disappear overnight. ;) You know how to be friends/colleagues, not lovers, and it's a difficult transition to make. DON'T ASK me how I know this! :rolleyes:

Honestly, think about it for a minute. If TPTB had ended the season with Jack retiring and proposing to Sam (which admittedly would have been great!), would it have felt realistic? More importantly, would it have been true to the characters? The way I interpret them, S&J wouldn't suddenly drop all their inhibitions and declare their love for one another. It wouldn't happen that way. It would happen slowly. They'd be discreet. And cautious, considering the many times they've both been hurt before...and even hurt each other!

Feelings don't turn on and off like a lightswitch. IMO, S&J's transition into "togetherness" couldn't be anything but slow and semi-ambivalent ("Is this really OK now?") I think that's where Moeibus left us.

Now we just have to trust TPTB to not drop the ball entirely. :p I therefore have no clue what to expect in S9. ;)
Hello ST-1 Welcome!

I understand your point but disagree regarding regarding S/J I was expecting a situation like you describe but...
something happened in threads... something that I don't know but from suddenly having all the inhibitions in the world, when Jack comes to the infirmary Sam takes his hand and starts touching it like it it was very natural, completely the opposite from what her normal behaviour was and for me it has nothing to do with her father's situation....

Catysg1
May 19th, 2005, 03:04 PM

I don't normally pop my head in this thread, but I've been making icecream and I thought you might like some.

http://www.mazzmatazz.co.uk/gallery/albums/userpics/10001/chocshipfinal.jpg

Love the ice cream mazzmatazz and welcome to the thread :) When is it on sale at the local supermarket ?!!

LOL4JACK
May 19th, 2005, 03:13 PM
Love your seeing stars, where did you take the images from, it's great!

Oma-1
May 19th, 2005, 03:47 PM
ST-1 Welcome to the family.

I think you have a really valid point there, and is what I would expect to happen.

I *love* the infirmary scene in Threads. Initially you think that both Sam & Jack are acting very out of character. Usually they go to great lengths not to touch each other ... except for moments of intense emotion - eg Heroes or Death Knell hug. The infirmary scene is another such moment - but in view of the fact they are in full view of SGC staff & Tok'ra, not to mention DAD :eek:, instead of a full blown hug its more discreet and is more emotive for being so. But this is a comfort situation, offering and accepting support - something they are both familiar with, not a full-blown romantic situation, despite the shippy overtones.

Then in Moebius, the hand porn puts us in a new category all together. The cubs comment from Jack shows that he and Sam have spent time alone together since Threads, and they are obviously comfortable with each other. At the end of Moebius when we get back to the original team and Jack tells Sam to get packing, I think there's no doubting the Looks = HWMS at the cabin.

Just to straddle both sides of the fence for a while, I think if RDA was going to be in S9 as normal, then ST-1's scenario would be the one we were following. But because of RDA's absence, I think tptb stepped up the agenda a little to give us some resolution.

This must be really difficult for Katethegater to follow cos she hasn't seen the eps yet. Sorry! ((((((((Hugs)))))))))

Oma-1
May 19th, 2005, 03:52 PM
Awwww! More birthday wishes! Thanks everyone :). Have some cake ..... I'm afraid there's not much left - some guy with grey hair and a smirk turned up and ate most of it .... :D

http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/12/12_4_21.gif

LadyJeep
May 19th, 2005, 06:45 PM
I hold out a lot of hope for Jack & Sam in S9. Just because we're not getting any spoilers doesn't mean there won't be any ship. I think we could see Jack more than we expect since they're not taking his character away. And where else to go with Jack's character development and team relationship than getting him together with Sam because other than the fact that they're perfect together, it would keep him in touch with the Stargate scene so he could easily slip back into the flow of the show when he decides to return.

TameFarrar
May 19th, 2005, 06:53 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v142/TameFarrar/just%20for%20fun/birthday99-4-a.gif
OMA-1

sg-1fanintn
May 19th, 2005, 07:03 PM
First and foremost.....

Happy Birthday, Oma-1!

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y128/newsgoddess/hb.bmp

Sorry the pix isn't bigger. I pulled something in a hurry. I'll do something better for you this weekend.

Second.....

http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/36/36_11_6.gif

Hey TN - better be careful about mixing those cookies with prozac - never know what might happen....

If you're lucky you might get http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/36/36_4_5.gif

Alternatively .... http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/36/36_12_5.gif *shudder*

If you think it will help, I'll try to find some before July 15th.....

i came into fandom in season 4, and we always had shippy spoilers given to us. season 8 was the first time it didn't happen (and remember how wonderful that season's ship stuff ended up :D).

I just love you guys! Oma-1, MajorSal, ForeverSg1, pittsburghgirl, uber, tsaxlady and everyone else on this thread.....I'd love to meet all of you.....'cause I can just tell what great people you are. You always make me feel better, even when I've given up hope on our ship ever reaching port.

Another observation, especially important tonight: It's 10 minutes til E.R., and Noah Wyle's last episode as a regular cast member. I believe I heard about him and RDA leaving their respective shows around the same time, and at first, I think I was more upset about Noah (heresy, I know---but true). Now that the shock has settled, I'm much more upset about RDA's departure, and I think I've figured out why.

1. We know Noah will appear in at least four episodes per season for the next two years.

2. John Carter's storyline will be neatly wrapped up, with no loose ends left dangling. Ok, I always wanted him to get back together with Abby, but I wasn't obsessed with it like I am with Sam and Jack. The bond wasn't as strong, or as long between J & A as it is with our Sam & Jack.

This is key, and (I think) the source of most of my RDA angst.....because with RDA, we just don't know what the future holds.

Will we ever see him again if S9 is the last season of SG-1? We don't know.

Is his storyline in a good "stopping place?"

NO!

And the main reason is Sam. If TPTB don't let Sam and Jack make an acknowledged commitment to each other, it will violate everything I feel I have come to know about SG-1 over eight years. I'll feel like I didn't know these characters after all.

You all know, as I know, that these two characters, given all they have been through to get to the point where they were at the end of S8, would choose to be together. Heck, they've wanted to be together for years! Nothing else makes sense, and if it doesn't happen, TPTB will have violated a basic part of their canon. So, it just has to work out.

It just has to!

Now, Noah Wyle is waiting for me!

Terrarin
May 19th, 2005, 07:16 PM
..... the infirmary scene in Threads. ....... in view of the fact they are in full view of SGC staff & Tok'ra, not to mention DAD :eek:, .........
AND
.........The cubs comment from Jack shows that he and Sam have spent time alone together since Threads ..............

1.)RE: Infirmary: I believe that she already had her dad's approval ("you can still have what you want, don't let rules stand in your way, etc.) In fact, I think that for dear ol' dad, that was the one thing he wanted to see before he died. Notice that only after that did he "let go."

2.) RE: 'cubs comment' I missed that--could someone refresh my memory on what that might have been? Thanks.

3.) See my next post for other comment/question on the infirmary scene.

Uber
May 19th, 2005, 07:24 PM
1.)RE: Infirmary: I believe that she already had her dad's approval ("you can still have what you want, don't let rules stand in your way, etc.) In fact, I think that for dear ol' dad, that was the one thing he wanted to see before he died. Notice that only after that did he "let go."

2.) RE: 'cubs comment' I missed that--could someone refresh my memory on what that might have been? Thanks.

3.) See my next post for other comment/question on the infirmary scene.
Cubs comment from Moebius 1:

After determining they knew the whereabouts and WHENabouts of a ZPM (5,000 years ago in ancient Egypt) but they don't know where it is now...

Daniel: We have a time ship. We can go back and get the Z.P.M.

Jack (referring to Sam): She wouldn't let me go back and watch the Cubs win the World Series!

Terrarin
May 19th, 2005, 07:26 PM
I was hoping to get some reaction to this comment: During the infirmary scene--
1.) Did either of them still think that the other might remain romantically involved with someone else? At least, S. didn't know about K.'s departure yet; and to J., she was still technically engaged to P. Did they both forget that P. and K. had even existed?

Agree? Disagree? Response?

2.) What thoughts ran through her mind when she looked at him? (Actual words)

3.) What did he think to himself when he saw her look at him with more courage and openness than she ever had before? (Actual words)

Daniel's_twin
May 19th, 2005, 07:59 PM
Just popping in to say

http://tinypic.com/59zuki

And I'm jealous you got to see Ep III today, Grrrr! :D
:cool:

Rogue
May 19th, 2005, 08:07 PM
1.) Did either of them still think that the other might remain romantically involved with someone else? At least, S. didn't know about K.'s departure yet; and to J., she was still technically engaged to P. Did they both forget that P. and K. had even existed?

3.) What did he think to himself when he saw her look at him with more courage and openness than she ever had before? (Actual words)

Actually at that moment in time I think they did. I think in the infirmary it was a matter of being there for each other.

ST-1
May 19th, 2005, 08:17 PM
Love your seeing stars, where did you take the images from, it's great!

:D I snagged 'em from RDA's lovely website (http://www.rdanderson.com), and used Photoshop Elements 2.0 to create the effects. NOWHERE near as amazing as most of the fanart I've seen here, but fun to do nonetheless. :cool:

Gatetrixer
May 19th, 2005, 08:22 PM
Just popping in to say

http://tinypic.com/59zuki

And I'm jealous you got to see Ep III today, Grrrr! :D
:cool:

Are you talking about Revenge of the Sith? Haven't seen it yet, but will soon. This is OT, but wondered how many SW fans here and if any ever stood in line to see the opening of one of the movies. I did for ROTJ, great experience, cheering when the SW logo popped up on the screen, etc.(hey, it even resolved the ship between Han and Leia!!), but too many years have gone by to wait like that again.

Uber
May 19th, 2005, 08:23 PM

By the time of the infirmary scene, Sam had already put most of the pieces together in her mind about Pete and that marrying him would be a mistake...and then when she chose to go to Jack's house, she also clearly had to consider the potential consequences of their conversation...would he reciprocate? If no, would they be able to maintain their work relationship? If yes, would he retire? Would she retire?...and I personally think Sam was building up her courage...not just to open herself up for potential rejection, but also to the extreme probability that things would be drastically different between them regardless of how their convo played out.

And of course for the infirmary scene itself, Sam had lots of time to sit there and think...not just about losing her father, but about his advice, about her life, about what she wanted and about what he wanted for her...to live a truly fulfilling life. The look in her eyes is serenity...she's at peace...and I don't think it's just that she was at peace about her father's emminent death, but also about the decisions she was making regarding Jack and Pete (clearly, although she already had doubts about spending her life with Pete, the whole house thing sealed his fate).

I think that both Jack and Sam had already emotionally divorced themselves from their current squeezes (Jack obviously had to because Kerry saw through what he was doing and let him go). My sense is that Sam looked at Jack and it cemented her belief that Pete was a mistake, that Jack was the man she wanted to have around when things get tough...that he was always for her...something "he" said to her in Grace but now had a different meaning...and she took his hand and caressed it with her thumb in a very un-comrades-in-arms way.

sg-1fanintn
May 19th, 2005, 08:34 PM

In that moment, both Sam and Jack realized that it was time to stop denying what they felt for each other. Both Kerry and Pete became irrelevant. Jack knew why Sam came to his house that day, and his actions when he entered the infirmary observation room signaled Sam that he understood.

Neither S nor J has had a successful relationship since they became attracted to each other.....because they can't. They're too much in love with each other, and now, each realizes that the other feels the same.

There was an instant understanding, but I don't feel comfortable putting it into dialogue. After all, no one knows them better than they know each other. She was probably already evaluating
why he was there, since she had seen him with Kerry just a couple of hours earlier. When he said, "Always," in the tone of voice he did, she just realized (because she knows him so well) what it meant. It was the softness in his voice, his arm around her, just how he said it and what she saw in his eyes when she looked back at him. That's why she looked, to confirm what her intuition was telling her. She recognized at that moment that he and Kerry were history. Now, that's a lot to "know" in a couple of seconds, but as close as S & J have been, she realized it couldn't mean anything else.

But any other pda would have been inappropriate at the time. After all, her Dad was dying. And S & J aren't gushy people anyway. I'm sure it was resolved later. As someone said a few weeks ago on this thread, "The final resolution will not be televised."

He thought:

"Sweet! It's done. We're finally on our way! God, I love this woman!"

LadyJeep
May 19th, 2005, 08:41 PM
I think after all these years, Sam & Jack know each other very well and Sam knew exactly what Jack was telling her when he came to the infirmary. Her response let him know how she felt.

LadyJeep
May 19th, 2005, 08:48 PM
In that moment, both Sam and Jack realized that it was time to stop denying what they felt for each other. Both Kerry and Pete became irrelevant. Jack knew why Sam came to his house that day, and his actions when he entered the infirmary observation room signaled Sam that he understood.

Neither S nor J has had a successful relationship since they became attracted to each other.....because they can't. They're too much in love with each other, and now, each realizes that the other feels the same.

There was an instant understanding, but I don't feel comfortable putting it into dialogue. After all, no one knows them better than they know each other. She was probably already evaluating
why he was there, since she had seen him with Kerry just a couple of hours earlier. When he said, "Always," in the tone of voice he did, she just realized (because she knows him so well) what it meant. It was the softness in his voice, his arm around her, just how he said it and what she saw in his eyes when she looked back at him. That's why she looked, to confirm what her intuition was telling her. She recognized at that moment that he and Kerry were history. Now, that's a lot to "know" in a couple of seconds, but as close as S & J have been, she realized it couldn't mean anything else.

But any other pda would have been inappropriate at the time. After all, her Dad was dying. And S & J aren't gushy people anyway. I'm sure it was resolved later. As someone said a few weeks ago on this thread, "The final resolution will not be televised."

He thought:

"Sweet! It's done. We're finally on our way! God, I love this woman!"

I so agree with you. We are on exactly the same thought wave. I am so glad someone finally posted the same things I thought.

sg-1faninta, I <3 you. :D

Gatetrixer
May 19th, 2005, 09:17 PM

(1) the passage of time is rather unclear, but I believe Sam's second infirmary talk with Jacob is at least a day, maybe longer than that, after the first (where she is still in her skirt and sweater, having hurried from Jack's house to Cheyenne Mtn.) That particular day was supposed to be an off day, Sam riding around with Pete and Jack and Kerry barbecuing. It's now a regular SG work day, and Jack has had time to think about Sam's visit to his house, he's pretty sure of her second thoughts about Pete. We don't even know the time lapse with Kerry's talk with Jack, but it does seem logical that it was the same day as Jack's going to the infirmary. I would say both forgot about Pete, Jack of course did not think of Kerry. Sam may have thought initially of Kerry, but when Jack's arm went around her only idea then would have been how right it felt and her caressing of his hand an instinctive response.

BrenRen
May 19th, 2005, 09:38 PM
Hey hey gang! Been a while, hasn't it! I'm starting to get back into the old Shipper groove after an intersting, if somewhat frustrating, theatrical production.... I did have a lot of fun, though, and a certain scene (lets just say it gave me a whole new level of respect for what poor AT went through to bring us that lovely dip kiss of WoO ;)) in my show inspired this poem, which I threw into a pretty pic for you all, because I've missed you *THIS MUCH*!!!!

Hope you like!

http://67.182.11.54/Web/WIP/Poetry%20Digitized

majorsal
May 19th, 2005, 10:08 PM

i only watched about four eps of enterprise, so catch me up on what you meant by number seven please.

gatebee
May 19th, 2005, 11:51 PM
Hey hey gang! Been a while, hasn't it! I'm starting to get back into the old Shipper groove after an intersting, if somewhat frustrating, theatrical production.... I did have a lot of fun, though, and a certain scene (lets just say it gave me a whole new level of respect for what poor AT went through to bring us that lovely dip kiss of WoO ;)) in my show inspired this poem, which I threw into a pretty pic for you all, because I've missed you *THIS MUCH*!!!!

Hope you like!

http://67.182.11.54/Web/WIP/Poetry%20Digitized

Love and hot fudge,
Bren Ren
just too beautiful for words (((((Bren Ren ))))))))

gatebee
May 19th, 2005, 11:55 PM
pic fr mgm
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v205/FilBrit1/b59ef333.jpg

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SAM FAN

sg1rox
May 20th, 2005, 01:37 AM

OOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHH!!!!! You've been reading my mind!!!!! ;)

I agree w/ you, whole heartedly! I think it would have seem WAY too convienent for S/J to be 100% "together" right now... It would have seem fake & too abrupt... As much as I want them to have their "happy-ever-after," I also want it to seem real & credible, you know? I don't want it too feel fake or like a sell out. I want it to be incredible & feel true.

I know I'm not wording this right (forgive me... it's late here... should be in bed, actually... still recovering from a cold & ear infection... still a tad goofy & tired)...

Though they've faced death toghether & are very close in some ways, this would be whole new territory for them... 1st he'd have to retire, so everything would be on the up & up. Then they'd have to take the time to get to know one another better, feel things out & build on their new relationship. & like you said, it's probably going to feel a little akward at 1st because of having to get over their previous working relationship & getting used to being able to be more casual w/ one another... W/ their military back ground, their previous working relationship, their failed relationships & etc... for the ending we all want to see (fireworks galore for S/J) to seem real, there's going to be a trial period for them... Though I hate waiting for it, I'm going to try & stay optimistic & keep hoping to see it before the end of SG-1...

Hope some of that goble-de-gook nonsense made some sense... LOL ;) I'm going to bed!!!! :p

sg1rox
May 20th, 2005, 01:56 AM

You know, I thought the same thing. To me it seemed that Carmen played the scene as if when Jacob saw Jack comforting Sam, he knew (somehow) that they were going to be alright & that Jack was going to be there for her. Since Jacob knew she was "in good hands" ;), & possibly on her way to finding the "happiness" he wanted for her (it was obvious that Jacob knew of S/J's feelings for one another from their earlier conversation), he felt like he could finaly let go & move on...

sg1rox
May 20th, 2005, 01:58 AM
OK.... Really.... I'm going to bed.... RIGHT NOW!!!!!!! LOL ;)

Good night & sweet shippy dreams to all... :)

sg1rox
May 20th, 2005, 02:07 AM
It would have seem fake & too abrupt...

UGH!!!! Ok, I lied.... Going to bed AFTER this post... LOL ;)

How could I say abrupt? UGH! It's only been 8 FREAKIN' YEARS!!!!!! :eek: Ok, maybe 5 if you stick w/ the theory that the "official" ship started in Out of Mind (as per AT & TPTB in dvd ep comentary)... But I still stick w/ the point of view that I saw major sparks flying from the get go (very 1st ep)... Arm wreslting, any one? LOL :p

Ok.... NOW, I'm going to bed.... Realy, I am.................. ;)

An Ancient
May 20th, 2005, 02:49 AM
Hail to everyone, hail to this thread!

Long may it live.

(Just in case your wondering, I have been on this forum since it was Delphi powered, but I can't remeber my old account password, so this is a new one)

Hi.

wynter
May 20th, 2005, 03:58 AM

Long may it live.

(Just in case your wondering, I have been on this forum since it was Delphi powered, but I can't remeber my old account password, so this is a new one)

Hi.

hello and welcome back!!!

watched threads again the other night,and how much it gets to me when we had a fab episode like that for them not to resolve it!

I think this season will be more Daniel than any-one else,i do like daniel but i love jack more.
I hope they don't focus too much on Vala than sam that would be wrong!

Ok i know we have to have ben B in the new episodes and a new general but why are they changing the whole show,it feels like its gonna be a spin off series,but with daniel still in it!
No-one has mentioned Teal'c that much in season 9 and we know sam dosen't come in till later episodes but we may as well call it stargate 1 as daniel is the only one i think will be in every epiosde and it will focus more on the chemistry between daniel and Vala!She's only been there for a tomato season and her and daniel are whumping more than sam and jack did over the whole 8 years.

All i am asking is to give respect for Sam and Teal'c as its there show as well!
another little thing i would ask is please let jack and sam resolve their relationship,and some screen time,even if they filmed it before he leaves and they show it at the end of season 9!!!!!!

ok how are you guys?

i think i went off a bit but hey been up all night ill,watching sg1 and getting heartfelt on minute and angry the next.

wynterxx

Rogue
May 20th, 2005, 06:00 AM
Skydiver posted this on the Sam Thread. It is spoilers for Sams return.
http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost.php?p=4252280&postcount=7740

I think is is great they are season 9 getting back to action and team adventure, but I do want some acknowledgement that Sam and Jack are seeing each other.

ChevronSeven
May 20th, 2005, 06:07 AM
To be quite honest, I didn't expect anything "shippy" in Season9, especially with there probably no interaction with RDA and Amanda. Something mentioned would be nice, but this is Robert Cooper, the master of pissing off the shippers. He had one shining moment with "Threads," but still manages to achieve great pleasure in having us go off in a tizzy.

pittsburghgirl
May 20th, 2005, 06:14 AM

I think is is great they are season 9 getting back to action and team adventure, but I do want some acknowledgement that Sam and Jack are seeing each other.
well i am also glad that they are leaving as the gate turns-(no this is not an original pittsburgh smart remark-wish it was-) and getting back to adventures-but was that a hint??? that personal business stuff?

girlgater
May 20th, 2005, 06:19 AM
well i am also glad that they are leaving as the gate turns-(no this is not an original pittsburgh smart remark-wish it was-) and getting back to adventures-but was that a hint??? that personal business stuff?

I'm grabbing onto that "hint" and running with it. We all know that the opportunities for Jack and Sam to be together in S9 are slim (no news there), but still....quite a good hint at possibly some ship acknowledgement! :D

Oma-1
May 20th, 2005, 07:27 AM

((((Rogue)))) thanks for posting this :D:D:D:D

I'm taking the "she's been looking after a little personal commitment" as a good omen of some resolution. http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/23/23_29_107v.gif

This... "I have to say that the segment of the fan base known as the 'shippers' may be a little disappointed with season 9 because there isn't as much of that kind of thing going on." ... I think is good news too. isn't as much means that there's some! Which imho is much much much much better than none.

Oma-1
May 20th, 2005, 08:22 AM
Yay! Another birthday :) Birthdays are extemely :cool:

http://bestsmileys.com/birthday1/16.gif

Sam Fan

Fireworks Created by Sam & Jack :D

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v685/Oma-1/m2-24a.bmp

Hope you have a great day :D

gatebee
May 20th, 2005, 09:38 AM

Long may it live.

Hi.
pic fr myrth
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v205/FilBrit1/deadcb96.jpg

WELCOME An Ancient to our friendly Sam and Jack shipper family

gatebee
May 20th, 2005, 09:42 AM

pic fr stargate1971
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v205/FilBrit1/9f7514e7.jpg
Capt. Samantha Carter

DarkQuee1
May 20th, 2005, 09:57 AM
((((Rogue))))
This... "I have to say that the segment of the fan base known as the 'shippers' may be a little disappointed with season 9 because there isn't as much of that kind of thing going on." ... I think is good news too. isn't as much means that there's some! Which imho is much much much much better than none.

I agree, *if* he means S/J. But it could be BB and LD (which was the only reason I could see for making her the general's daughter--a situation that would never happen in real life--so that there would be an "impediment"), not to mention Daniel and Vala. Cooper may see all shippers and shipping as interchangeable.

J.

Rogue
May 20th, 2005, 10:05 AM
pic fr myrth
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v205/FilBrit1/deadcb96.jpg
WELCOME An Ancient to our friendly Sam and Jack shipper family

(((Gatebee))),
how did you get ahead of me in post? I got so screwed on this last GW crash. Lost about 600 in my post count and got busted down from System Lord to Loyal Advisor. I am never going to get a custom avator! :(

Cassie
May 20th, 2005, 10:06 AM
Happy belated Birthday Oma!!!!

Happy Birthday Sam Fan!!!!!

Rogue
May 20th, 2005, 10:09 AM
Happy Birthday, Sam Fan!

http://bestsmileys.com/birthday2/6.gif

gatebee
May 20th, 2005, 10:11 AM
(((Gatebee))),
how did you get ahead of me in post? I got so screwed on this last GW crash. Lost about 600 in my post count and got busted down from System Lord to Loyal Advisor. I am never going to get a custom avator! :(
So sorry to hear that (((((((( Rogue ))))))))) here is Sam and Jack for you

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v205/FilBrit1/c10c76d1.jpg
pic fr myrth

Rogue
May 20th, 2005, 10:33 AM
So sorry to hear that (((((((( Rogue ))))))))) here is Sam and Jack for you

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v205/FilBrit1/c10c76d1.jpg
pic fr myrth

Thanks, I like the pic.

Yep, all my Jaffa left me. Thought I was a good System Lord, gave them a good benefit package. But they said they would rather be free.

pittsburghgirl
May 20th, 2005, 10:46 AM
Thanks, I like the pic.

Yep, all my Jaffa left me. Thought I was a good System Lord, gave them a good benefit package. But they said they would rather be free.
wait a minute-does this mean I am not your first prime anymore?

Rogue
May 20th, 2005, 11:06 AM
wait a minute-does this mean I am not your first prime anymore?
Yep, your free.

Commander Aegir
May 20th, 2005, 12:26 PM
this thread is in a league of its own nothing can come close. All thanks to the people who write the messages

I SALUTE U lol :D

pittsburghgirl
May 20th, 2005, 12:39 PM
*grumble grumble-looking around for piece of paper.

Okay-how does this go again???

Oh yeah-For Sale: One slightly used Goa'uld First Prime. Contact Pittsburghgirl

Hmmm!yeah-that should do it.

Gatetrixer
May 20th, 2005, 01:43 PM

Someone (JOE M?) said there was a mention of Cassie early on in S9. As much as I want Cassie to be acknowledged again I do hope that's not the "bit of personal" stuff Sam was engaged in.

Token
May 20th, 2005, 01:44 PM

http://www.mazzmatazz.co.uk/gallery/albums/userpics/10001/chocshipfinal%7E0.jpg

http://bestsmileys.com/welcome/18.gif, Mazzatazz!!

Yummy!!!! Thank you for sharing your ice cream creation!!! My pint...er...half gallon was filled to the brim with ship!! :p I just hope they don't get too cold in the freezer, but I sure they will know how to keep each other warm! ;) Well, not too warm; I don't want a mess in my freezer! :eek: :D

I guess this means you will be running the Shipper Town Ice Cream Parlor, right?

Token
May 20th, 2005, 01:55 PM
http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/36/36_1_13.gif (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZSzfw003) Another May birthday!!! Could it be that May is a Shippy month, or was that nine months ago??? ;)

http://bestsmileys.com/birthday1/10.gif
The Happiest of Birthdays to Sam_fan!!!!
http://bestsmileys.com/birthday1/18.gif

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v334/Token04/Jack.bmp
Cake and Jack!
If you have anymore wishes, I hope those come true too!

Lida
May 20th, 2005, 01:57 PM
Cake AND Jack, could life get any sweeter?????? :D ;)

SamCarterONeill
May 20th, 2005, 05:07 PM
i luv that sig, lida

Daniel's Sister
HAPPY BIRTHDAY SAM FAN! HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY OMA! HOPE IT WAS A GREAT ONE!!!!! ;) ;) ;)
And lets not forget filled with Jack and Sam shipping! ;)

Token

Well, Lida, it couldn't get much sweeter...except maybe...cake on Jack. ;) :p

Ack! The kids are screaming for food! sheesh! No respect for Shipping!! :p

Quick thoughts on "Threads" infirmary scene... I don't want to take anything away from the GREAT moment that it was because it was a wonderful scene. It is what I enjoy about Sam and Jack. The closeness and genuine feeling they have for each other. I believe that comes from the genuine closeness and friendship AT has with RDA. The closeness of AT and RDA's friendship is projected and intensified on to Sam and Jack. There is some scripted "ship", but probably as much as I would hope. What I see is the small moments of AT and RDA enjoying each other that I read as "ship". In the "Decent" commentary, AT was having a hard time NOT drowning so RDA would help AT stay above water. That came through on screen as Jack caring for Sam which is true. Back to "Threads", in a recent article, AT said she was having a hard time with the infirmary scene because she realized Carmen wasn't coming back and that it was a real good-bye. I can tell that AT had been emotional because you can hear the nasal-stop-up-ited-ness (my own word:p ) of someone who had been crying. I think RDA's hug was scripted; but I think AT's hand caressing was maybe subconcious with all the emotion she was feeling; and the director left it that way. For me, it was so out of character for Sam to touch Jack that way. I was like "WHOA!", and that is why it got me thinking that was what might have happened. Either way, I'll take any and every drop of ship I can. TPTB sure know how to keep the Shippers thirsty, but they better be careful not to kill us. :rolleyes:

Just food for thought! :D

SamCarterONeill
May 20th, 2005, 05:11 PM
i swear!!! how could they leave us with NOTHING after threads AND moeb2?! HOW?!

majorsal
May 20th, 2005, 10:39 PM
((((Rogue)))) thanks for posting this :D:D:D:D

I'm taking the "she's been looking after a little personal commitment" as a good omen of some resolution. http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/23/23_29_107v.gif

well, i've been *trying* to reply to this post for... :rolleyes:

anyhoo, rob's saying there's going to be *something* there! :D 'shippes may be a *little* disappointed', and 'there isn't as *much*' at least isn't saying 'there's no ship between sam and jack at all, ever'. i'll take what i can get, seeing as i'm going miss RDA SO much, and miss AT's full involvement. as long as ship's not dropped totally, and sam's not shipped off with another guy... i'll stick around.

majorsal
May 20th, 2005, 10:44 PM
Someone (JOE M?) said there was a mention of Cassie early on in S9. As much as I want Cassie to be acknowledged again I do hope that's not the "bit of personal" stuff Sam was engaged in.

that crossed my mind too, so i'll just have to prepare myself for that happening.

ses110
May 20th, 2005, 10:50 PM
Me neither Gatetrixer.Right now TPTB are giving the Shippers no Hope which is why it's impossible for me to watch Season 9.If TPTB resolved the Sam and Jack Ship at the end of Season 8 and did not bring in all of Sam's Man Friend in Season 9 I may have been willing to give Season 9 a try.TPTB are giving me nothing to work with.I had this crazy though Today that TPTB may not have resolved the Sam and Jack Ship because the Heat they took about Pete.In regards to as the Gate turns.What do you call Sam and all the Man Friends this Season?

ses110
May 20th, 2005, 10:56 PM
Sally RCC saying the Shippers will be a little disappointed is the understatement of the Year.I for one do not need RCC to tell me the Shipeprs will be dissapointed.I only hope TPTB are dissapointed with the ratings.IMO the Shippers have been disappointed for 8 Years and I'am not letting TPTB disappoint me again.

sg-1fanintn
May 20th, 2005, 10:59 PM
So glad the forum is finally up again! Sam & Jack have something they want to say!

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y128/newsgoddess/216-1.bmp

Sam: We really screwed up this time, Sir.

Jack: Huh?

Sam: Charlie, Oma-1 and Sam_fan all had birthdays, and we forgot to send cards!

Jack: I've had a lot on my mind......

Both: Happy Birthday!

Now, on to other business:

When I read what Skydiver had posted:

someone posted this on sam and jack...it's the first 'official' spoilers about sam's return.

In the latest 'Cult Times' Robert Cooper talks about season 9,
including this about Amanda..."She's back with her beautiful baby in tow. Amanda looks amazing and everything is going well so far. We are delighted"

And on Carter's return.. " She walks through the door. I mean that quite literally. She doesn't come through a stargate or anything dramatic like that. She just walks in the door." "She's been looking after Area 51 and she's been looking after a little personal commitment." "I have to say that the segment of the fan base known as the 'shippers' may be a little disappointed with season 9 because there isn't as much of that kind of thing going on. It's more like seasons one and two, with big adventures and a lot more story-based Stuff."

Cassie was the first thing that ran through my mind.....because of the wording "little personal commitment."

And what's the deal about Area 51? It's not so "far, far away!" It's just over the state line in Arizona, isn't it? GRRRRRRR. They're making me snarky again.

ses110
May 20th, 2005, 11:06 PM
Another Brillant idea from TPTB.Sam will be missing all this Time because of Area 51.Somebody really needs to check TPTB Work.I really wish someone from The Studio would hold the Writers accountable.

Myrth
May 21st, 2005, 01:28 AM
Interesting spoilers... but I'm still gonna wait and see what happens.... one never knows what the future holds!

:)

Silver
May 21st, 2005, 02:05 AM
I just read this in Joe Mallozzi's blog...

Next week, Paul and I will be finishing up prep on The Fourth Horseman AND cutting both Instinct blah blah blah...

and Ex Deus Machina (guest-starring - well, let's just call him a familiar face).

I'm not getting my hopes up, but couldn't this be RDA? It would explain why he isn't referred to directly and he's more than just a "familiar face".

Of course, it could mean Agent Barrett. But everyone knows Barrett will be in this episode anyway so why not just say his name?

Anyway, the bottom line is, Sam returns in Ex Deus Machina ;)

Oma-1
May 21st, 2005, 03:34 AM
It would be great if it was Jack, but I think he's referring to Ba'al..... hope I'm wrong though .... Ba'al and Jack would be just wonderful ......

*down Rogue* :D

girlgater
May 21st, 2005, 05:28 AM
It would be great if it was Jack, but I think he's referring to Ba'al..... hope I'm wrong though .... Ba'al and Jack would be just wonderful ......

*down Rogue* :D

I'm with you Oma. I think he's referring to Ba'al as well. Sure hope Jack is there too; that would be a great surprise! :D

ChevronSeven
May 21st, 2005, 05:38 AM
Just a fly by post to keep our spirits up!

http://img125.echo.cx/img125/5161/rickamandagracebw7hk.jpg

girlgater
May 21st, 2005, 05:44 AM
((((ChevronSeven))))

Nice picture!

ChevronSeven
May 21st, 2005, 05:49 AM
((((ChevronSeven))))

Nice picture!

((((girlgater))))

How 'bout one more for the road?

http://img125.echo.cx/img125/5231/rapromobw0io.jpg

An Ancient
May 21st, 2005, 05:57 AM
btw- Thanks for the welcome people.

For reference, any Deplhi era people would know my old account as Aeon9570. Just in case you were wondering.

However, to the topic of the thread...

take comfort all shippers, S/J is inevitable, unstoppable, it will happen, we know this, the writers know this, they like messing about with us on occasion, but we're all in this to deep to change anything dramatically without ruining the show. I am quietly confident.

What think you?

wynter
May 21st, 2005, 06:15 AM
hey guys,

couldn't get on again last night after,nice to see old and the new faces here in our shipper family.
i have work later urgh!

have been catching up on posts have to say a belated birthday to sam fan happy belated birthday chick!!!!!

it seems i have lost a number of posts since i got crashed out of here not happy.

WELCOME to people i have missed i hope you enjoy it here!

will try and check in later after work.

wynterxx

girlgater
May 21st, 2005, 06:22 AM

For reference, any Deplhi era people would know my old account as Aeon9570. Just in case you were wondering.

take comfort all shippers, S/J is inevitable, unstoppable, it will happen, we know this, the writers know this, they like messing about with us on occasion, but we're all in this to deep to change anything dramatically without ruining the show. I am quietly confident.

What think you?

I agree completely. No matter how down we may get and confused by TPTB, it will happen. TPTB are playing with shippers (and non-shippers) to keep their ratings up, but eventually they have to give us what we as shippers want--and I truly believe they will. Sure, I'm living in a fantasy world and seeing the relationship and it's eventual outcome through rose colored glasses, but I don't care. Also, I started watching SG because I like the premis of the show, the actors and yes, the ship. Whether we have an "in-your-face" outcome to Jack and Sam remains to be seen. But until I see it, I'm going to still keep watching and give S9 a chance. Maybe that's what they're counting on, but that's ok too.

Sam & Jack--today, tomorrow, forever.

Daniel's_twin
May 21st, 2005, 07:49 AM
I agree completely. No matter how down we may get and confused by TPTB, it will happen. TPTB are playing with shippers (and non-shippers) to keep their ratings up, but eventually they have to give us what we as shippers want--and I truly believe they will. Sure, I'm living in a fantasy world and seeing the relationship and it's eventual outcome through rose colored glasses, but I don't care. Also, I started watching SG because I like the premis of the show, the actors and yes, the ship. Whether we have an "in-your-face" outcome to Jack and Sam remains to be seen. But until I see it, I'm going to still keep watching and give S9 a chance. Maybe that's what they're counting on, but that's ok too.

Sam & Jack--today, tomorrow, forever.

Well said, gater. Well said. :cool:

girlgater
May 21st, 2005, 09:19 AM
Hey everybody--Joe Mallozzi is on!

AncientKnowledge
May 21st, 2005, 09:43 AM

What think you?

I agree! They can't stop it! And lets just hope they give us what were looking for in S9!!!! :D :D :D Sam and Jack Forever!!!! ;)

AncientKnowledge
May 21st, 2005, 09:46 AM

Amen!!You got that right! :D

Oma-1
May 21st, 2005, 10:04 AM
Are there any plans to show us how Sam & Jack resolved the whole regs issue? It kept them apart for 8 long years, but wasn’t eradicated before they went fishing - surely it deserves some screen time? (No court-martial though I hope :S )

To be perfetly honest, the resolution of that issue is something we won't be touching on anytime soon.

I don't believe it. Joe finally answers a shippy question with a straight answer and look what we get. Never again will I complain about a vague one.

I think I'm gonna think about this one and the ramifications for a bit longer before I say anything else ......

gatebee
May 21st, 2005, 10:36 AM
I don't believe it. Joe finally answers a shippy question with a straight answer and look what we get. Never again will I complain about a vague one.

I think I'm gonna think about this one and the ramifications for a bit longer before I say anything else ......
You know it doesn't really sound that bad. JM didn't say "never". He said "won't be touching on anytime soon". I can live with that for now.

An Ancient
May 21st, 2005, 11:22 AM
Yes, it takes time to plan a wedding...

gatebee
May 21st, 2005, 11:24 AM
I love the way you think....I agree it would take alot of planning to "do" the right wedding

LadyJeep
May 21st, 2005, 02:33 PM

What think you?
I agree wholeheartedly with you. I'm a believer that this has always been where the relationship was going and eventually Sam & Jack will be together.
Even TPTB KNOW this cause Sam & Jack sooo love each other! ;)

ses110
May 21st, 2005, 04:41 PM
While I do not like the answer at least it's a straight answer.I'll always respect a person if they give a straight honest answer.The Actors and TPTB have always given different answers to the same question and it drove me crazy.I'am hoping we'll still have a final Sam and Jack resolution.I have no doubt it may take a long while.If there is an episode with both Sam and Jack I'll watch and if not I will have Fanfiction.

Buc252
May 21st, 2005, 06:58 PM
While I do not like the answer at least it's a straight answer.I'll always respect a person if they give a straight honest answer.The Actors and TPTB have always given different answers to the same question and it drove me crazy.I'am hoping we'll still have a final Sam and Jack resolution.I have no doubt it may take a long while.If there is an episode with both Sam and Jack I'll watch and if not I will have Fanfiction.

Me, too, Ses. When we get confirmation that an episode has both RDA *and* Amanda in it, I'll watch. Until then, forget it.

On a slightly OT note, now that Joan of Arcadia has been officially cancelled, does anybody think they'll bring back Jack Jr? That would definitely tempt me to watch, at least.

evangeline
May 21st, 2005, 07:08 PM
Are we ever going to see Jack and Sam wake up in the same bed after making love? Regs? Who cares? Everyone knows that discretion is the better part of valor. It's their life together.

nickatell
May 21st, 2005, 07:41 PM
Isn't it kind of funny that first RC comes out with "shippers may be disappointed with Season 9...." and suddenly we get a direct answer from Joe "the resolution of that issue we won't be touching on anytime soon". I kind of think that if they give the shippers anything in Season 9, if they are ever both in the same episode, it will be more looks as we have had in the past with off seasons. It might just all be up in the air with wondering whether RDA is just taking the year off or really retiring. I'm also thinking that if he doesn't return to some sort of a schedule for Season 10 then they will consider it dealt with, but if he does return then maybe they think they can touch on it some more.....who knows!!!!!!!!

Uber
May 21st, 2005, 07:42 PM

Well he didn't say we'd never discuss it again... it's just not front burner...which makes sense because no RDA.

They have to focus on the rebirth of the series with the new regulars and the new dangers etc. so I'm not surprised about this...

I wish it were different...but what are they going to do...hold Rick at gunpoint and DEMAND he show up and film scenes?? They have to move on...

At the same time, the Sam/Jack arc is a part of the series...TPTB know this and so do the stars. When they are able, it will be addressed...more than likely it'll be in subtle ways for most of the season...but hopefully leading up to something nice and onscreen.

ses110
May 21st, 2005, 08:27 PM
nickatell I'am very surprised TPTB are pretty much saying there's no hope for Sam and Jack Ship in Season 9.It's a strange way to get Shippers to watch Season 9.I'll never figure out TPTB.Maybe TPTB think they do not need the Shippers to watch Season 9.Knowing the Shippers luck RDA will say he is interested in coming back for Season 10 and Season 9 will tank and there will be no Season 10.I'am still not watching Season 9 on the slim chance RDA will be back for Season 10.I can see RDA come back for 4 or 5 episodes but I would be shocked if RDA came back fulltime.

ses110
May 21st, 2005, 08:31 PM
Mary it may sound strange but I have no interest in JackJr.IMO JackJr is nothing more than another Man Friend with the Hots for Sam.I just cannot see him as Jack even though he is Jack.I know that makes no sense.It sounds like Season 9 has enough Man Friends as it is.

Buc252
May 21st, 2005, 08:48 PM
Mary it may sound strange but I have no interest in JackJr.IMO JackJr is nothing more than another Man Friends with the Hots for Sam.I just cannot see him as Jack even though he is Jack.I know that makes no sense.

I guess I see him differently because I don't see him as "Jack" where Sam is concerned. Even though he's got his mind, it's impractical for there to be any thoughts of his being with Carter while in a 16 or 17-year-old body. Not to mention that he's had over a year (or is it two now?) of exposure to teenage life, so I imagine he's adopted some very different habits from the real Jack. He's his own person now, but he does have Jack's memories.

If Jack were indiposed (maybe even captured) and they needed his mindset in order to rescue himself, this would be the ideal solution. And honestly, I think Michael Welch did an amazing job. But I'd never see him as truly Jack. Just a fun character, kinda like Replicarter or the "other" team that Harlan created.

pittsburghgirl
May 21st, 2005, 09:47 PM

It doesn't really surprise me though. IMHO they felt they gave us whatever resolultion they were gonna in Threads-I don't think it will be adressed, in fact I believe they will make believe it never happened. Look at how quickly they forgot about Janet and Cassie and Nyan and young Jack.

ST-1
May 21st, 2005, 10:44 PM
Well, for those of us still hoping, I made this (http://community.webshots.com/photo/341645786/350274723XHnCBW)...because, you know, we're still hoping. ;)

I was happy to find "younger" pics of RDA and AT, and thought it would be fun to put them together. :D Again, my efforts don't come anywhere close to most of the fanart I've seen, but it's fun to get shippy with photoshop.

Hmmm, could that be a Will Smith remix? "Gettin' Shippy Wit' It?"

I need to go to bed. :rolleyes:

sg-1fanintn
May 22nd, 2005, 02:08 AM
Originally posted by Oma-1
And on a completely different note …..Are there any plans to show us how Sam & Jack resolved the whole regs issue? It kept them apart for 8 long years, but wasn’t eradicated before they went fishing - surely it deserves some screen time? (No court-martial though I hope )

Originally posted by Joe Mallozzi
To be perfetly honest, the resolution of that issue is something we won't be touching on anytime soon.

Originally Posted by sg-1fanintn

Hi, Joe! I saw the following post from a fellow "shipper" today, and thought the emotion was so raw that you should see it. Many people who post on the "Sam & Jack" and "Sam's a great character" threads feel you're a shipper. I'm not sure, but this person's post seemed so heartfelt that I wanted to make sure you saw it. My question: can you promise us a happy ending for this wonderful pair?Thanks!

Originally posted by Joe Mallozzi
Truth is, I can't promise a happy ending for anyone.

Okay.....so it's done. They have officially broken my heart. To bring us so far over the last two years......and now, it appears they're going to drop Sam and Jack's relationship completely.....like nothing ever happened in S8.

As far as I'm concerned, RDA doesn't even have to be there for the ship to be resolved.....or at least, its integrity maintained. Just mentions in dialogue that let us know Sam and Jack are seeing each other would satisfy me. Now, Lord only knows what they'll do. Have her start dating all the guest stars? Not mention her in the two episodes in which he appears? I'm just going to go have a good cry.....really.

At least Joe FINALLY gave a straight (and not smart-alecky) answer. For those of you who are new to this forum, he's been giving us very flip answers in recent weeks. I have to believe that our complaints to mods and the general attitude we've shown on his thread over the past week or two contributed to that, because his answers today were delivered in a more respectful tone.

I hate his answers to the questions above, and I feel they could throw us a bone through dialogue (and don't care enough about us or the integrity of their characters) to do so. Now, it appears we've been given a definitive enough answer for me to know that S9 is going to be ruined for me. If they would just acknowledge through dialogue references that S & J are together, I could accept the other changes with open arms. But they don't care enough about the S/J shippers to even do that.

So sad. It didn't have to be this way. If anyone sees any good news in this at all, I'd love to hear it. But I don't see any. I know they didn't say "never," but it looks like if Rick doesn't come back, they'll just forget it ever happened.

pittsburghgirl
May 22nd, 2005, 02:41 AM
Okay.....so it's done. They have officially broken my heart. To bring us so far over the last two years......and now, it appears they're going to drop Sam and Jack's relationship completely.....like nothing ever happened in S8.

As far as I'm concerned, RDA doesn't even have to be there for the ship to be resolved.....or at least, its integrity maintained. Just mentions in dialogue that let us know Sam and Jack are seeing each other would satisfy me. Now, Lord only knows what they'll do. Have her start dating all the guest stars? Not mention her in the two episodes in which he appears? I'm just going to go have a good cry.....really.

At least Joe FINALLY gave a straight (and not smart-alecky) answer. For those of you who are new to this forum, he's been giving us very flip answers in recent weeks. I have to believe that our complaints to mods and the general attitude we've shown on his thread over the past week or two contributed to that, because his answers today were delivered in a more respectful tone.

I hate his answers to the questions above, and I feel they could throw us a bone through dialogue (and don't care enough about us or the integrity of their characters) to do so. Now, it appears we've been given a definitive enough answer for me to know that S9 is going to be ruined for me. If they would just acknowledge through dialogue references that S & J are together, I could accept the other changes with open arms. But they don't care enough about the S/J shippers to even do that.

So sad. It didn't have to be this way. If anyone sees any good news in this at all, I'd love to hear it. But I don't see any. I know they didn't say "never," but it looks like if Rick doesn't come back, they'll just forget it ever happened.
Well I personally have felt for sometime that they didn't respect the viewers in general and shipers in particular. At least however, we did get a straight answer-maybe not as straight as we would have liked or like-but there it is.

Cheyenne
May 22nd, 2005, 03:55 AM
i cant believe this... all the sexual tension... Threads... Mobius... and now they are telling us that S/J wont be an issue they will be exploring.... i have had it with the producers and alike... they claim to thrive and be inspired from fan response and yet they so easiy dismiss us...i am appaulled...Tell i am not the only one???

An Ancient
May 22nd, 2005, 03:58 AM
You aren't the only one, to build up something for 8 seasons and then drop it completely, well, it will put a lot of people off.

pittsburghgirl
i cant believe this... all the sexual tension... Threads... Mobius... and now they are telling us that S/J wont be an issue they will be exploring.... i have had it with the producers and alike... they claim to thrive and be inspired from fan response and yet they so easiy dismiss us...i am appaulled...Tell i am not the only one???
you are not the only one. They have managed to show a lot of disrespect to their viewers and I have said before-in particular the shippers. any wonder why some of us have expressed the opinion that season 8 will not be purchased and season 9 will not be watched?

An Ancient
Although its possible they could just be messing with us, because then they can write the episode how they want, rather than have pressure from fans.

pittsburghgirl
May 22nd, 2005, 03:59 AM
Although its possible they could just be messing with us, because then they can write the episode how they want, rather than have pressure from fans.
one can only hope-but then i'm not the one.

An Ancient
May 22nd, 2005, 04:18 AM
one can only hope-but then i'm not the one.
I know, with their responses, I'm incresingly becoming uninterested in Season 9. Though I may still watch some eps.

pittsburghgirl
May 22nd, 2005, 04:21 AM
I know, with their responses, I'm incresingly becoming uninterested in Season 9. Though I may still watch some eps.
i actually want to see what they do to Sam. They have treated her character so badly the last 2 seasons-I cannot even begin to fathom what they will do to her this season.

katethegater
May 22nd, 2005, 05:35 AM
Although i am ultimately a loyal 'shipper' i started watched the show all those years ago because i am a sci-fi nut and because i thought (and still think) RDA was a hottie. I know we all want to see our 'fave duo' together and after everything that they have been through surely it is inevitable that TPTB will have to make some reference to it in the up and coming S9.....wether it be a passing comment from Daniel to Sam "what time do you guys want us round for the barbecue on saturday night" would be a good one, Sam being paged to take a phone call from DC...etc etc. I don't think we will ever see them 'together' on screen , which is fine by me as i have a very good imagination. :) :) :) :)

I am going to give S9 a chance as i do have a genuine affection for all the characters, and i am interested to see how the 'new guys' work out.

"well spank me Rosie" - O'Neill, Full Circle :D

An Ancient
May 22nd, 2005, 08:45 AM
I to am I sci-fi nut and wish to watch Season 9, especially possible chaaracter devlopment, my bug is not so much with the apparent TPTB lack of interest in any reference to S/J (although its a major factor), but more to do with the fact that in so doing, they've decided to completely drop a major factor in the series thats been growing for the last 8 Seasons, dropping any major element of this sale in a sci-fi series is a bad move, this just hits home closer. They might as well drop the whole Ancient story line, or the Jaffa Rebellion, if they are going to drop such a long-running part of SG-1.

As Tea'lc once said; "It is as if we had said the sun will never rise again."

Catysg1
May 22nd, 2005, 10:09 AM
I think moving on is a very good idea ..There are other great shows out there ;)
Stargate will now be an action show only and well... be it .. We'll have to accept it if we still stay fans of the show .
Stargate TPTB will do the same or even worse with Atlantis on the ship department .. It's a disaster to have a ship introduced in a show and not have it follow it through until the very end with a clear resolution ..and not even a real cuddle or real kiss ..It's actually appalling :eek: :S :rolleyes:

For me that is it ...that was the final straw ..I'll watch season 9 opener as a casual viewer but I'm not making anything arty about the show anymore ..My passion is gone , gone, gone forever .

My new interests are pretty exciting though :D

sclairef99
May 22nd, 2005, 10:13 AM
Ah Well,

I was just coming by to do a drive by posting....but I got caught up in the JM comments....thank goodness I watched Caty's shippy vids before I came by.....hummm....that is discouraging and I agree with what An Ancient said about that they are dropping a major element....however, I would be happy with a reference to them being together and no boyfriends for Carter....

In any case....I came by to say THANKS for the cool Vids from Caty....I got a kick out of her latest!!!!

I've been immersed in fan fic this weekend....Mei Mei's kicks a$$...and Shimmering Star's Choices rocks....I'm about to jump into one by Buc.....called Them....

Happy Shipping!

s

Catysg1
May 22nd, 2005, 10:17 AM
you are not the only one. They have managed to show a lot of disrespect to their viewers and I have said before-in particular the shippers. any wonder why some of us have expressed the opinion that season 8 will not be purchased and season 9 will not be watched?

pittsburghgirl :) when I said that my passion for the show is gone ..It's true ...and I will never buy season 7 , 8 and 9 and whatever . I actually don't care much about the show anymore and appalling TPTB with what they are doing to one of the best romance on TV screen ...not the best one obviously . I have seen a lot better in other sci-fi series with less innuendos ..but the Sam and Jack ship had prospects....Now it's all reduced to nothing ..so really ...I wonder why TPTB even bothered to make it a bit more obvious in season 7 with the heroe and deathknell hugs and the Grace kiss ....They are vicious , aren't they !!!

Daniel's_twin
May 22nd, 2005, 10:23 AM
They're playing us and you know it. The problem is, they just don't know when to stop playing. :cool:

Catysg1
May 22nd, 2005, 10:25 AM
Ah Well,

I was just coming by to do a drive by posting....but I got caught up in the JM comments....thank goodness I watched Caty's shippy vids before I came by.....hummm....that is discouraging and I agree with what An Ancient said about that they are dropping a major element....however, I would be happy with a reference to them being together and no boyfriends for Carter....

In any case....I came by to say THANKS for the cool Vids from Caty....I got a kick out of her latest!!!!

I've been immersed in fan fic this weekend....Mei Mei's kicks a$$...and Shimmering Star's Choices rocks....I'm about to jump into one by Buc.....called Them....

Happy Shipping!

s

Thank you sclaire :)

My site will always be there with the videos to watch and there are plenty of them but "somewhere" by Tempation was my last one ever for the Sam and Jack ship .Gonna stop one day and the time is now ...Keep enjoying them and I'll make my move to other shows for Music videos:)

Remember the fun we all had talking about Sam and Jack and I really enjoyed making all those videos and artwork for all of you shippers ;)

sclairef99
May 22nd, 2005, 10:51 AM

My site will always be there with the videos to watch and there are plenty of them but "somewhere" by Tempation was my last one ever for the Sam and Jack ship .Gonna stop one day and the time is now ...Keep enjoying them and I'll make my move to other shows for Music videos:)

Remember the fun we all had talking about Sam and Jack and I really enjoyed making all those videos and artwork for all of you shippers ;)

My Pleasure they are all so wonderful! I am going to miss the ship...but I always have fic. When they don't give you any new material to work with Caty, what are you going to do?

S

ST-1
May 22nd, 2005, 11:02 AM
Let's see if this works...

http://image14.webshots.com/14/7/47/23/350274723XHnCBW_ph.jpg

Ooh, I did it! :D Tech-challenged and all!
It's a little big, but I wanted to share. :)

I can't imagine the 'ship disappearing completely. Maybe they'll put it under wraps for a little while until they decide how to handle it, but ultimately, it'll have to be resolved. Eventually. :rolleyes:

ST-1
May 22nd, 2005, 12:03 PM
And another...

http://image28.webshots.com/29/7/9/21/350670921hWvijH_ph.jpg

C'mon shippers, we can't give up! Not after 8 friggin' seasons! :p
Just trying to lighten the mood here... :o

florence
May 22nd, 2005, 12:20 PM
ST-1, it doesn't work for me. I only see a little red cross :(

ST-1
May 22nd, 2005, 12:24 PM
Aw, crap. :( I'm sorry, florence.
Just go here (http://community.webshots.com/photo/341645786/350274723XHnCBW), and here (http://community.webshots.com/photo/341645786/350670921hWvijH), and I promise you'll feel better. :p

florence
May 22nd, 2005, 12:40 PM
Thanks ! It's better like this. Nice work ! I especially love the "Wow" one :)

PS : What's weird is that I see your pics now that I reply, but I don't see them when I'm reading the thread :confused:

ETA : Now I see the pics IN the thread. Weirder and weirder... :confused: :confused:

Buc252
May 22nd, 2005, 12:51 PM
Well I personally have felt for sometime that they didn't respect the viewers in general and shipers in particular. At least however, we did get a straight answer-maybe not as straight as we would have liked or like-but there it is.

Am I the only one who feels like blasting TPTB over on the JM thread? I mean, "what you did the shippers stinks, as well as what you did to Corin and the Jonas character." (Yes, I've just finished watching Homecoming, so don't get me started. Besides, that's OT here.)

I'm sooooo tempted, so somebody better talk me out of it, quick!!

ST-1
May 22nd, 2005, 01:23 PM
Thanks ! It's better like this. Nice work ! I especially love the "Wow" one :)

PS : What's weird is that I see your pics now that I reply, but I don't see them when I'm reading the thread :confused:

ETA : Now I see the pics IN the thread. Weirder and weirder... :confused: :confused:

WAIT, I think I know what happened...I uploaded the pics to Webshots then immediately posted the links, but in Webshots it takes about 30 mins. for pics to be "viewable" to the public. That's probably what happened. Sorry for all the confusion! :o

An Ancient
May 22nd, 2005, 02:16 PM
We should all go to the studios, arrange ourselves in battle formation, then yell out our battle-cry; 'Sam and Jack foreverrrrrrr! YARRRRR!' before hurling ourselves at the studios.

MAybe they'll get the message. ;-)

pittsburghgirl
May 22nd, 2005, 02:56 PM
Am I the only one who feels like blasting TPTB over on the JM thread? I mean, "what you did the shippers stinks, as well as what you did to Corin and the Jonas character." (Yes, I've just finished watching Homecoming, so don't get me started. Besides, that's OT here.)

k-consider yourself talked out of it-it really won't do any good-aggravating yourself any further will do nothing but make you more upset.

*hugs

pittsburghgirl
May 22nd, 2005, 02:56 PM
We should all go to the studios, arrange ourselves in battle formation, then yell out our battle-cry; 'Sam and Jack foreverrrrrrr! YARRRRR!' before hurling ourselves at the studios.

MAybe they'll get the message. ;-)
not bloodly likely.

Catysg1
May 22nd, 2005, 03:15 PM

May be ..you could start another thread for those kind of comments ..I think they need to know and if Joe visits ..he will perhaps have a look ..and I will gladly post in that new thread about Jonas ( Corin) and why they absolutely refuse to have him back for season 9 and also have him in Atlantis .
and I will also express my unhappiness about the Sam and Jack ship if they are leaving it to what we saw in Threads with no spoken resolution along the line and no real cudlles/and/or kiss :)

pittsburghgirl
May 22nd, 2005, 03:38 PM
May be ..you could start another thread for those kind of comments ..I think they need to know and if Joe visits ..he will perhaps have a look ..and I will gladly post in that new thread about Jonas ( Corin) and why they absolutely refuse to have him back for season 9 and also have him in Atlantis .
and I will also express my unhappiness about the Sam and Jack ship if they are leaving it to what we saw in Threads with no spoken resolution along the line and no real cudlles/and/or kiss :)

i had been considering a "Pigs will become Kosher and fly before I.......(fill in the blank) season 9."

I get really steamed when i read about what they are doing and not doing-and rumor has it-becuz I cannot confirm this-that they are deliberately trying to put teyla and john closer to aggravate the weir/shep people. and then JM basically saying that they are going to go on the premise that s/j never happened-steams me big time.

wynter
May 22nd, 2005, 03:40 PM

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaa caty,i am really sad that his will be the last sam and jack video.Whenever i have felt down about their relationship i always throw one of your vid's on,which make me so happy,hell i throw them on nearly every-day when i'm having a bad day,but at least you have taken the time to put these wonderful videos together for all of us to share and for that i am very grateful.

i wish we could have a final one at the end of season 9 with them properly together then that would complete the circle.

From the bottom of my heart thank-you caty for all the hard work you have done and all the happiness you've brought us.A huge shipper hug from me.

wynterxx

ses110
May 22nd, 2005, 03:41 PM
Caty I still cannot believe how bad TPTB ruined the Sam and Jack Ship.I see how great the Ship was in the Matrix and I hear how great the Ship is on Alias and Lost.I have a hard time watching a Show without some Ship.It does not matter to me if it's a Comedy or SciFi.IMO most people Love Ship and alot of Shows are moving in that direction.Season 9 has nothing interesting for me.It's going to be Sam and the guest Star of the Week and the Jaffa rebellion.TPTB are pleasing everyone else except for the Shippers.TPTB have made it clear how they feel about the Shippers and I'll make it clear how I feel about TPTB by not watching Season 9.

wynter
May 22nd, 2005, 03:49 PM
I thought the ship on stargate was one of the best i have seen,even though i know that RDA and AT were never an item it felt real.
I have watched shows with the ship in it,take Alias i love that show,and i loved the ship,but when jenifer garner and michael vartan spilt up in real life i think for a little bit it reflected on the chemistry between them on screen,but with our sam and jack charaters it seemed to go from strength to strength,and the emotion was so high.

For me their relationship has been the strongest on a tv show for as long as can remember,and at least we did have the ship in it which even though not resolved it gave me some happiness waiting and finally watching.
After the first proper episode of them admitting their feelings season 4 we had to wait till season 8 (4years) to get our episode again,but they should finish it on a high with sam and jack not just brush it under the carpet.

ok way to much ranting as usual,

wynterxx

florence
May 22nd, 2005, 03:51 PM
Sorry if I don't participate more in this thread these last few days but I've already told my point on the S9 and I don't see what I could add.
I understand why some of you are not happy about the way SJ ship was dealt with in S8 and I understand why you don't want to watch S9.

But IMO it would be a really bad idea to start a thread to blast TPTB over or to make comments like that. Cause it seems to me it would be against forum rules. If you disagree with their work, you could maybe send emails or letters to SG studios but I don't think this forum would be the best place to do it :)
And there's an Anti-Season 9 thread here (http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=5708/)
Maybe you could explain your point of view there :)

I think we shouldn't probably make too many speculations about SJ ship in S9 before we have seen at least the 1st episodes. Cause we don't know, maybe there will be something (Jack telling the other guys he has to come home soon cause Sam comes back that day, something like that :) )
As for myself, I don't expect much SJ ship in S9, maybe not at all. How could it be when, in the few episodes Jack will be there, Sam won't even be there at all ?
But hey, who knows ? Maybe Jack will come back in the last episode of S9 and this time, Sam will be there too :) And we'll finally get our SJ ship resolution :D

pittsburghgirl
May 22nd, 2005, 03:52 PM
Caty I still cannot believe how bad TPTB ruined the Sam and Jack Ship.I see how great the Ship was in the Matrix and I hear how great the Ship is on Alias and Lost.I have a hard time watching a Show without some Ship.It does not matter to me if it's a Comedy or SciFi.IMO most people Love Ship and alot of Shows are moving in that direction.Season 9 has nothing interesting for me.It's going to be Sam and the guest Star of the Week and the Jaffa rebellion.TPTB are pleasing everyone else except for the Shippers.TPTB have made it clear how they feel about the Shippers and I'll make it clear how I feel about TPTB by not watching Season 9.
i am becoming less and less interested in 9 as well. maybe the boys in vancouver need to take a look at the other scifi show being shot across the way BSG-it has a good story line and works in the relationship angle and heavens-there are even consequences that they deal with in these interactions. I am a scifi geek have been for a very very long time-and it isn't just the story itself but the many layers of the story-interpersonal relationships being a big one for me-and not just the gadgets that go boom. Marimba has it right-they are objectifying the women in their shows-Teyla-Sam-Vala.-even poor Anise. that is no way to run a business-if their business is to entertain-they have to keep in mind all of their audience not just the hormonal ones.

ses110
May 22nd, 2005, 04:05 PM
IMO TPTB are ruining not only the Women but the Male guest Star.I cannot take the Male guest Star on SG-1 seriously.TPTB write the Male Guest Star like they never saw a Women before and they have the Male guest star fall in Love with Sam the second they see her.I always felt TPTB never wanted to get Sam and Jack together because TPTB want Sam free for the guest Star of the Week.It would not surprise me at all if TPTB act like Sam and Jack never happened.I'am really starting to wonder if there is anyone TPTB have to answer to in regards to the Show.I always felt TPTB spend about 5 minutes planning Season 8 and it seems it's down to 4 minutes for Season 9.It really seems it's like Party Time for TPTB of SG-1.TPTB are doing what ever comes to mind without any thoughs on whether it makes sense for the Show.

dipsofjazz
May 22nd, 2005, 04:52 PM
i am becoming less and less interested in 9 as well. maybe the boys in vancouver need to take a look at the other scifi show being shot across the way BSG-it has a good story line and works in the relationship angle and heavens-there are even consequences that they deal with in these interactions. I am a scifi geek have been for a very very long time-and it isn't just the story itself but the many layers of the story-interpersonal relationships being a big one for me-and not just the gadgets that go boom. Marimba has it right-they are objectifying the women in their shows-Teyla-Sam-Vala.-even poor Anise. that is no way to run a business-if their business is to entertain-they have to keep in mind all of their audience not just the hormonal ones.
I so agree with you all about this. I am so disheartened about what they are saying about our ship...or lack of it. :( We all know that RDA won't be around, but many people here have given excellent examples of how a comment here, a phone call there would help us to keep our ship going!
As to the sexing up of all the female characters...I think TPTB must be going through their mid-life crisis! :p

dipsofjazz
May 22nd, 2005, 04:56 PM
IMO TPTB are ruining not only the Women but the Male guest Star.I cannot take the Male guest Star on SG-1 seriously.TPTB write the Male Guest Star like they never saw a Women before and they have the Male guest star fall in Love with Sam the second they see her.I always felt TPTB never wanted to get Sam and Jack together because TPTB want Sam free for the guest Star of the Week.It would not surprise me at all if TPTB act like Sam and Jack never happened.I'am really starting to wonder if there is anyone TPTB have to answer to in regards to the Show.I always felt TPTB spend about 5 minutes planning Season 8 and it seems it's down to 4 minutes for Season 9.It really seems it's like Party Time for TPTB of SG-1.TPTB are doing what ever comes to mind without any thoughs on whether it makes sense for the Show.
You're right ses. Sam was becoming the Captain Kirk of Stargate...a beau on every planet! The show doesn't have to make sense to TPTB, for they just make jokes about all the plot holes they keep digging! :p

sg-1fanintn
May 22nd, 2005, 07:02 PM

After a day of stepping away from this (I notice that Oma-1, who had the other question answered with mine, has stayed away today too), I still have to say, no.....you're not the only one who feels like blasting TPTB. But I wouldn't recommend it. I got a little testy with JM one day and was scolded (politely) by two mods.

What I would suggest is that everyone continue to post S/J ship questions on Joe's thread. He may choose to ignore them, but he needs to know that we still care and that we're still interested. However, please do it firmly and politely, and stress the disappointment you feel. I think it would be ok to mention your anger at being played by TPTB, but just don't use angry language or a lot of attitude with him, or your post will be deleted, and your message will go unheard.

At this point, I'm hoping for a couple of dialogue references that acknowledge that Jack's retirement was a step forward for Sam and Jack.....and that they remain in touch with each other. Joe didn't say we wouldn't have that, but I didn't read a lot of hope into his message.

Keep the faith, shippers! We are more than a third of the overall fan base. We just have to keep making our voices heard.

sg-1fanintn
May 22nd, 2005, 07:11 PM
Joe just went online at his thread a moment ago.

ses110
May 22nd, 2005, 07:14 PM
dipsofjazz not even Kirk was this bad.TPTB have taken a once serious Show and turned it into Animal House.I do not mind some light moments in SciFi but IMO SciFi should be a little Dark and Serious.I got hooked on the Show because of the Chemistry of SG-1 and the Sam and Jack Ship.I also liked that TPTB did not use the Sam character as Eye Candy for the guest Star of the Week.Things have changed 360.One Hathor was enough.There's no need to turn Sam into another Hathor.TPTB should not use the Sam character or any Female character to play out there Fantasies.

Skydiver
May 22nd, 2005, 07:16 PM
Hey guys, i have a question.

I was approached by someone who was a bit...well maybe frustrated is a good word. I know and appreciate that the spoilers for s9 aren't the best for those that like the sam/jack pairing. And i know folks are having fun venting...but there are some who would like to discuss without all the - what they percieve and call - negativity.

Do you think that we could benefit from maybe an off-shoot of this thread? Maybe starting one for folks who feel negative for s9 ship, or maybe those that want sam/jack positive thoughts only?

What do folks think?

and please, if you don't want to post in here, feel free to pm me

I'm not doing this to pick on anyone or choose sides or anything like that, just exploring options to find a reasonable accomodation or see if we need one

ses110
May 22nd, 2005, 07:22 PM
If TPTB cannot take the Heat stay out of the Kitchen.I do not remember anyone forcing TPTB to be on this Forum.IMO as long as were respectful we should be able to voice our displeasure.TPTB wanted to push the Sam and Jack Ship they should not be surprised when Fans want a resolution.TPTB Loved the Ratings the Shippers helped in building.It's too late for TPTB to run away from the Ship.No RDA is not an excuse to bring in every Sam Man Friend or never have Sam mention Jack or have Daniel or Teal'c ask Sam about Jack.RDA schedule is out of TPTB hands but there's plenty of things TPTB can do to show the Shippers they care.

BrenRen
May 22nd, 2005, 07:26 PM
Just a fly by to drop in another pretty pic....

Hope in brings everyone some Shippy Cheer--Seems to be needed right about now!

http://67.182.11.54/Web/Sg1/The%20Moment.jpg

sg-1fanintn
May 22nd, 2005, 07:26 PM
Just when I was starting to feel a little better, here he goes again.....

From Joe's thread, posted just moments ago:

Originally Posted by majorsal
hi, joe,

besides being an s/j shipper, i'm also a sam carter fan. any tid-bits you could share to get me excited about the new season regarding this wonderful character?

sally

Lieutenant Colonel Samantha Carter makes her return in Beach Head to help Stargate Command deal with a galactic threat. Check out the big mid-season two-parter, The Fourth Horseman, in which a certain someone from her past drops in to lend a hand - with poignant consequences.

Apparently they've signed the actor who played Orlin to reprise his role. So now what?

ses110
May 22nd, 2005, 07:43 PM
This is why I stay away from the JM Thread.There's nothing good coming from that Thread IMO.I may be wrong on this but I think TPTB are going to be very careful with Sam getting involved with Orlin or anyone else.TPTB will push things up to a certain point but I doubt Sam will have another Boyfriend.Just in case I'am wrong I will not be watching the episode.If I do not see it I can pretend it never happened.In the episode something will happen again to Orlin and Sam will Cry then move on to another Man Friend in the next episode.

BrenRen
May 22nd, 2005, 07:45 PM
This is why I stay away from the JM Thread.There's nothing good coming from that Thread IMO.I may be wrong on this but I think TPTB are going to be very careful with Sam getting involved with Orlin or anyone else.TPTB will push things up to a certain point but I doubt Sam will have another Boyfriend.Just in case I'am wrong I will not be watching the episode.If I do not see it I can pretend it never happened.

Gee, I wish I'd thought of that before Chimera aired....

[/snark] ;)

ses110
May 22nd, 2005, 07:49 PM
Me too.I learned the Hard way.I have also learned to stay away from all SG-1 interviews.I did slip with the Carmen interview.I loved the Jacob character but I'll never see Jacob the same way again after that interview.With the Shippers luck Jacob will appear to Sam in a Dream in Season 9 and tell Sam to be with Daniel.I just gave myself a nightmare.Just Great.Just what I needed.

sg-1fanintn
May 22nd, 2005, 07:51 PM
Me too.I learned the Hard way.I have also learned to stay away from all SG-1 interviews.I did slip with the Carmen interview.I loved the Jacob character but I'll never see Jacob the same way again after that interview.With the Shippers luck Jacob will appear to Sam in a Dream in Season 9 and tell Sam to be with Daniel.I just gave myself a nightmare.Just Great.Just what I needed.

I think I'm going to take your advice. I've just unsubscribed from both Joe's and Martin's threads. If there's something really important there, someone here will say something about it.

ses110
May 22nd, 2005, 08:02 PM
You made the right decision.You just saved yourself alot of aggrevation.This may be too much but I also recommend staying away from Season 9.I'am taking the Year off like RDA.If RDA returns in 10 and as long as AT is still around I'll make my return as well.After waiting 8 Years and watching Threads and Moebius I really need a Year off from SG-1.

Buc252
May 22nd, 2005, 08:12 PM

I was approached by someone who was a bit...well maybe frustrated is a good word. I know and appreciate that the spoilers for s9 aren't the best for those that like the sam/jack pairing. And i know folks are having fun venting...but there are some who would like to discuss without all the - what they percieve and call - negativity.

Do you think that we could benefit from maybe an off-shoot of this thread? Maybe starting one for folks who feel negative for s9 ship, or maybe those that want sam/jack positive thoughts only?

What do folks think?

I'm not doing this to pick on anyone or choose sides or anything like that, just exploring options to find a reasonable accomodation or see if we need one

Personally, I'd prefer to leave this thread as it is. If peope want to start an "optimism only" thread, they should feel free to do so. Putting a muzzle on people expressing their feelings and opinions is something I'd like to see avoided in this thread as much as possible.

sg-1fanintn
May 22nd, 2005, 08:17 PM

What do folks think?

Well, I'm one of the ones who has been negative lately, so if I've upset anyone, I apologize. I've just been disappointed with TPTB's attitude toward us and our beloved Sam and Jack.

I've found you all to be so free with your opinions on this thread that I felt comfortable being totally honest here. If I've offended anyone, I'm really sorry, and I'll be glad to tone it down. I have already unsubscribed from Joe's and Martin's threads, because Joe had upset me so much. I think it would just be better for me to stay away from those threads for now. I'm sure if there's anything there that's truly worth reading, one of you will mention it here.

ses110
May 22nd, 2005, 08:25 PM
I agree Mary.When TPTB give us some optimism I'll be the First to be Mr.Positive.I want Shippers to feel free to voice any opinion.I really do not think any Shippers should feel the need to keep things positive on this Forum.IMO this Forum has been a great help in blowing off steam.

LadyJeep
May 22nd, 2005, 08:38 PM
I don't think any one has been offended by a particular post, it's the constant negativity about Sam/Jack ship in season nine. If you've decided not to watch because you feel TPTB will be unfair to the ship, than that's your choice. But to constantly keep bringing up the same complaint over and over does get a bit depressing after a while. And as was mentioned earlier, there is a anti-season 9 thread, if you're that unhappy.

TPTB are still working on the first half of the season, so who knows what could come in the second half. I don't think they even know. But I'm holding out for some small gifts to the shippers during this season and don't expect to be disappointed.

I'm a big Sam/Amanda fan, too. Hopefully Amanda'll have some influence on how Sam is treated this season.

And as my sig says...

majorsal
May 22nd, 2005, 09:28 PM

i read joe's answer: it just means more waiting. :S

BUT, he didn't say it's gone, so YAY! :D

sally, writing her first post with her NEW computer! :D

majorsal
May 22nd, 2005, 09:32 PM

ooh, i LOVE the way that sounds! :D it could happen. ;) :D

(i've been planning their wedding for years now :p)

BrenRen
May 22nd, 2005, 09:36 PM
ooh, i LOVE the way that sounds! :D it could happen. ;) :D

(i've been planning their wedding for years now :p)

I've only been planning it for about a year or so... in spite of being a faithful follower from day one.... But I would imagine it would take a lot of planning... First they have to plan time to accomodate RDA swooning when they get the tux on him... then they have to convince Amanda that they've rehearsed the "Kiss the Bride" scene enough... that alone could take a while! ;) :D

majorsal
May 22nd, 2005, 09:58 PM

oh, honey...

(((sg-1fanintn)))

i know it looks bleak, but look how bleak it looked with pete introduced/around/engaged to sam.

i really don't know how much s/j ship's going to be in season 9, but i haven't gotten the impression it'll be gone. i think things will heat up at the end of season 9 (if it's THE end), and if not, then in season 10. i doubt they're going to ship sam (and i mean sam 'responding' to the guy, not just the guy desiring her) with another guy. i'm hoping for some sort of acknowledgment that sam and jack are in an agreement. and i also know this is once again lowering my expectations, but i have no choice. i 'have' to roll with the flow or drown. i actually haven't been upset by what joe and rob have said, because at least we're *finally* getting an idea of what to expect. and, to me, it ain't sounding so bad. it's still giving me squees for the future for them.

majorsal
May 22nd, 2005, 10:22 PM
Personally, I'd prefer to leave this thread as it is. If peope want to start an "optimism only" thread, they should feel free to do so. Putting a muzzle on people expressing their feelings and opinions is something I'd like to see avoided in this thread as much as possible.

i agree. if ppl don't like the negativity of the thread, then lighten it up for yourselves. you might only have one of two other ppl conversing with you, but that's better than nothing. this thread's been through enough (shippers have been through enough). make the thread the way you want, by contributing to it the way you wish it to be.

Bucky
May 22nd, 2005, 10:24 PM
i read joe's answer: it just means more waiting. :S

BUT, he didn't say it's gone, so YAY! :D

sally, writing her first post with her NEW computer! :D

I agree with you, Sally. Real Life got real demanding in the last few weeks, so I haven't even been able to lurk here much. And lately, everyone's been so...testy...I wasn't sure how to jump in.

When I read the reactions to Joe Mallozzi's latest comments, I did a Search under his name until I found what people were upset about. So far this is what I got (And they are direct copies, typos left in and all) (spoiler markers inserted):

Lieutenant Colonel Samantha Carter makes her return in Beach Head to help Stargate Command deal with a galactic threat. Check out the big mid-season two-parter, The Fourth Horseman, in which a certain someone from her past drops in to lend a hand - with poignant consequences.

In the first one, Joe says that Orlin will show up. And the fact that he said there will be "poignant consequences" suggests to me that Sam will NOT be getting involved with an AOTW. Things were 'poignant' the last time he showed up. I expect more of the same--maybe in a new plot.

In the second one, well, let's face it, in the writer's minds they did resolve S/J in "Threads" and "Moebius, pts 1 & 2". We shippers want things spelled out, we want the DETAILS, please!, we want to know how any leftover oddbits will be taken care of. But the writers don't. They want to get on to their new stories. As far as they are concerned, S/J is so Last Year; they want to get on to new things.

Season 9 spoilers follow:

That doesn't mean they're killing off S/J, only that they're not going to write it for Season 9--but I think we knew that as soon as we heard the news that RDA was leaving. They don't want to write "phone conversations" just for the sake of keeping S/J alive--they don't even want to write them to keep O'Neill active in the Stargate universe. I suspect we'll get as much reference to "O'Neill" in season 9 as we did to "Hammond" in season 8. After "O'Nelill" leaves for Washington there might be one or two token references, but that will be it unless RDA returns for a full episode. If RDA does appear, the episode will not be about S/J, even if S/J is alive and well.

So, that's what I got out of those comments. S/J is in storage as far as plotlines go, but it isn't dead. It's as alive as we want to make it--just as it always was.

Bucky

majorsal
May 22nd, 2005, 10:31 PM
I've only been planning it for about a year or so... in spite of being a faithful follower from day one.... But I would imagine it would take a lot of planning... First they have to plan time to accomodate RDA swooning when they get the tux on him... then they have to convince Amanda that they've rehearsed the "Kiss the Bride" scene enough... that alone could take a while! ;) :D

(tried to rep you)

yes, i'd imagine, with amanda's and rick's dedication to their crafts, the rehearsals of certain scenes ( :D ) might take a while. :p

should sam and jack be in their dress blues or official wedding attire?