PDA

View Full Version : Sam Carter/Jack O'Neill Ship Appreciation Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57

Catysg1
May 13th, 2005, 02:26 PM
I watched the ending episode of JAG and that was the only time I watched the show. It was great to see those two get together. I wonder if anyone could tell me what kept them apart for ten years (which I wouldn't have been able to stand watching-- ten years!!!) Was it regs or something else? Ambition? Lovers spats? ??? I also realize they were in different branches of the service. I wonder if something couldn't have been worked out for a different ending rather than leaving the service, especially since the USA has need of experienced service persons right now, though I am basing that on the recalling of reservists and am not any expert on the situation whatsoever. Anyway, to repeat, can anyone tell why they stayed apart (except for TPTB fearing the show would fall apart)

According to what others have said ..it was always the wrong time for them to be together ..but what I saw so far ( around 10 episodes and I think I'm quite late in the show ..perhaps season 8 or 9 ..not quite sure yet )..and by the way the stories are really excellent ..They travel a lot to Afghanistan and places like that , the ship is great ..the looks , the smiles ..and there are even some sexy scenes according to what I saw so far ...and even if they were not together for the 10 years , well there are enough looks and shippy scenes to get you going ...I saw them giving each other some body heat , cuddling, holding hands, sharing the same food , and even flirting behind a door when Mac was only in her lingerie and Harm was telling her he could help her to get dressed and all that in a 3 part episode :D ...3 dramatic episodes when I actually cried because of their lieutenant friend Bud and his lovely wife :(

So for me it doesn't matter if they didn't get together before the finale episode because the heat was on in almost all episode as far as I have seen ..and I'm watching one more tonight which is supposed to be about inner feelings :) Should be interesting ;) and Sky one is airing 3 episodes tomorrow afternoon that I'll be taping :) for the evening viewing ..Now that I know they end up together , I can just enjoy the show , the ship and the storyline :)

And Sam and Jack forever together too :)

Caty:)

Rogue
May 13th, 2005, 02:29 PM
(((((((((((Shipper Family)))))))))))

I'm back from my hols :) Had a great time with my RL family, but missed my ship family. No stargate for a whole 5 days! I even left my jack hat at home by accident :sob: But me and my hat are reunited and I feel much better now :p

Edit:ARGGGGGHHHHHHHHHH! I go away as a new System Lord to do battle against my enemies, amass a huge jaffa army, and come back to find ...... I'm not a system lord anymore!

http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/36/36_1_4.gif

*grovel, grovel, grovel* Bev, can I have my old job back please???????*grovel, grovel, grovel*

Yeah, your not the only one that got demoted. I am no longer a System Lord.
Welcome back Oma. Hope you don't mind me keeping Ba'al company while you were gone.

Oma-1
May 13th, 2005, 02:37 PM
Yeah, your not the only one that got demoted. I am no longer a System Lord.
Welcome back Oma. Hope you don't mind me keeping Ba'al company while you were gone.
*blink* You're not! :eek:

runs off to check.... Neither is Bev :eek: or Caty ......runs off to check some more.... but sueKay and Tame still are.

*thinks really hard*........*evil giggle* ......... We could be Shol'va and form our own rebel jaffa armies :p

Edit: Rogue! Hands off Ba'al! Of course I mind! He's not a toy to be passed around! :mad: (unfortunately :p )

Oma-1
May 13th, 2005, 02:45 PM
OK, I'm over the shock now ..... back to what I was going to say :p

Mel - loved the sequels! Keep mentioning your fic cos it gives me the excuse to go back and read it again. I'd forgotten how funny Wake Up Call was :p

((((((((((((LOL4JACK)))))))))))))))) - I can't believe your bad luck to be missing BTS! And no Stargate for a month - :( Hopefully Lonely Stars caps made up for it a little.

Lonely Star - those caps were fantastic! I've trawled the net hunting for caps like those and found them nowhere! Most of the cap sites are not run by shippers unfortunately so moments like that are missed out. I might just have to tweak my BTS collage a little :D

Well, this was going to be a fly by visit cos I'm tired - and I've been here for two hours :p Time to call it a night.

(((((((((((((((Shipper Family Bedtime Hugs - cos I missed you lots)))))))))))))))))))

Rogue
May 13th, 2005, 02:46 PM
*blink* You're not! :eek:

runs off to check.... Neither is Bev :eek: or Caty ......runs off to check some more.... but sueKay and Tame still are.

*thinks really hard*........*evil giggle* ......... We could be Shol'va and form our own rebel jaffa armies :p

Edit: Rogue! Hands off Ba'al! Of course I mind! He's not a toy to be passed around! :mad: (unfortunately :p )

Well I had to do something to occupy my time since GW can't seem to stay up.

sg-1fanintn
May 13th, 2005, 03:34 PM
'pears to me that the boys in vancouver are relying on the S/J situation to help carry their show. And that is sad if they feel that resolving it and coming from a different direction would hurt the show. If SG-1 is more about the team and less about interpersonal relationships between team members then the sam and jack interaction would be -forgive the pun-beneath the surface-but the story should carry itself. If they can write and tell a good story-it shouldn't matter if Sam and Jack are a back story or not-just part of the many layers of the story. Unfortunately-good story telling has been sadly lacking-and whatever good ideas they may have is lost in the translation.

I like the way you put that, pittsburghgirl! Part of many layers of the story. UST shouldn't be forced to carry the series. I agree!

gatebee
May 13th, 2005, 04:48 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v474/mkmoulder/Stargate/js50.jpg

RDA: Whatcha reading?
AT: A compilation of Sam and Jack Fanfic.
RDA: Is is good?
AT: Oh yeah! It is way better what our writers give us.
RDA: Are we a couple?
AT: Yeah! Most of them have found away around the regs.
RDA: Writers your fired! From now on all of our material comes from Fanfic!
I couldn't agree more....

Buc252
May 13th, 2005, 08:01 PM
Wow, I can't remember the last time I came here and the S/J ship thread had dropped to page 2!! Where is everybody??

And back on topic, I've been watching my DVD's from the beginning, and I'm up to Season 6 (LOVE Jonas!). In that light, what do you think Jonas' impressions would have been regarding Sam and Jack up until he joined SG1? he was on the base for three months, but not on their team. Do you think he saw it? Talked to anybody about it?

I'd love to see a fic that dealt with this time period, especially with SG1 trying to find its fourth member, Jonas setting up his "lab", and how it all affected Sam and Jack (who, in my fantasies, were together, just hiding it, at this point). <g>

sg-1fanintn
May 13th, 2005, 08:05 PM
It's been quiet this week. Uber's been computerless, I've been out of town at a conference, several folks had finals.....and we've had no spoilers or even vague hints about the S/J ship to discuss!

But you're right......come on, shippers! Let's get back up on page 1!

gatebee
May 13th, 2005, 08:10 PM
since S9 seems to be slow in Sam and Jack spoilers , let us make our own.

pic fr stargate1971
add a caption
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v205/FilBrit1/593f0927.jpg
Sam: Jack I sorry. I forgot to pack our swim suit and suntan lotion.

sg-1fanintn
May 13th, 2005, 08:13 PM

pic fr stargate1971
add a caption

Sam: I get the left side of the bed!

Jack: I have to sleep on the left side of the bed!

Sam: Why don't we both sleep in the middle of the bed?

Jack: Sweet!

Hey......I just became a Super-Soldier!

gatebee
May 13th, 2005, 08:15 PM
Sam: I get the left side of the bed!

Jack: I have to sleep on the left side of the bed!

Sam: Why don't we both sleep in the middle of the bed?

Jack: Sweet!

Hey......I just became a Super-Soldier!
rlol....love that so and very much an issue for married couples and such

Uber
May 13th, 2005, 09:12 PM
It's been quiet this week. Uber's been computerless, I've been out of town at a conference, several folks had finals.....and we've had no spoilers or even vague hints about the S/J ship to discuss!

But you're right......come on, shippers! Let's get back up on page 1!
I'm kinda back...but apparently I no longer rate as a system lord...neither do I rate as a loyal advisor!

I am merely a well-known threat...

Any particular reason for the demotion?

Back on topic, wasn't it super to see IGTBK tonight? I loved seeing snarky Sam working side by side off world with Jack again...

:D

Too bad no really obvious shippy moments...just the vibe that continues like a THREAD throughout the series...

melpomene
May 13th, 2005, 09:12 PM
congrats! I just became a Gou'uld underling.

Daniel's_twin
May 13th, 2005, 09:14 PM

pic fr stargate1971
add a caption

Jack: You told who I was retiring to marry you?

Sam: Well, I didn't tell Syler. He still thinks it's your "head injury".

Congrats to all who got promoted! :cool:

gatebee
May 13th, 2005, 09:14 PM
Mel..........Sam and Jack is happy to hear that you have a promotion. Well deserved.

gatebee
May 13th, 2005, 09:27 PM
pic fr stargte1971 ...."It's Good To Be King"
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v205/FilBrit1/cc1f7d84.jpg
Sam looks like she was checking out Jack's rear end

sg-1fanintn
May 13th, 2005, 09:40 PM
pic fr stargte1971 ...."It's Good To Be King"
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v205/FilBrit1/cc1f7d84.jpg
Sam looks like she was checking out Jack's rear end

Of course she was! And your point is? Tee-hee-hee!

gatebee
May 13th, 2005, 09:42 PM
Of course she was! And your point is? Tee-hee-hee!
point to it was aside from the fact that RDA rear is cool to look at....IGTBK has some ship in it if one just looks

gatebee
May 13th, 2005, 09:55 PM
pic fr stargate1971-IGTBK
add a caption
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v205/FilBrit1/1ec7f57b.jpg
another pic that can be seen as shippy

sg-1fanintn
May 13th, 2005, 10:04 PM
I think we may be the last two awake tonight, Gatebee.

sg-1fanintn
May 13th, 2005, 10:06 PM
add a caption

Don't worry, Rick. They're not killing you off. When you get homesick, you can come back.

gatebee
May 13th, 2005, 10:07 PM
pic fr stargate1971
too big
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v205/FilBrit1/15f8c9b9.jpg
I'm wide awake....for Sam and Jack

sg-1fanintn
May 13th, 2005, 10:08 PM
Me too......July can't come soon enough! I am printing out some good fanfic for a bedtime story, though.

I love the way they're mirroring each other's movements in the pix you posted just above!

gatebee
May 13th, 2005, 10:12 PM
pic fr stargate1971 - IGTBK
add caption
Sam: Jack you know I love you.
Jack: I know but with the reg, I don't know how much
longer I can hold off.

sg-1fanintn
May 13th, 2005, 10:13 PM
Hey, I just noticed! This thread has moved back to page 1 again.....in the number 2 slot!

gatebee
May 13th, 2005, 10:14 PM
Me too......July can't come soon enough! I am printing out some good fanfic for a bedtime story, though.

I love the way they're mirroring each other's movements in the pix you posted just above!
I know TPTB play with us shippers so much. They know that by doing all those small things , we the shippers would pick up on any and all acts that Sam and Jack does.

gatebee
May 13th, 2005, 10:16 PM
Hey, I just noticed! This thread has moved back to page 1 again.....in the number 2 slot!
It is you and me against the world...well in this case GW's different threads

sg-1fanintn
May 13th, 2005, 10:19 PM
It is you and me against the world...well in this case GW's different threads

Well, at least we're winning! :)

melpomene
May 13th, 2005, 10:23 PM
Hi kids. Gatebee corrupted me and dragged me off to the thunk thread. but I thought I'd stop by my original GW home and check things out...Lots of nice pics rolling tonight.

gatebee
May 13th, 2005, 10:24 PM
Mel, I am glad to see you here. So we can all ship in here

gatebee
May 13th, 2005, 10:25 PM
Hi kids. Gatebee corrupted me and dragged me off to the thunk thread. but I thought I'd stop by my original GW home and check things out...Lots of nice pics rolling tonight.
Mel you call me "kid". I am as old as Jack but older than Sam

melpomene
May 13th, 2005, 10:26 PM
Mel, I am glad to see you here. So we can all ship in here

What the world needs now, is love, sweet love, it's the only thing, that there's just too little of....

-yep, mel has a song for any occasion-

melpomene
May 13th, 2005, 10:29 PM
Mel you call me "kid". I am as old as Jack but older than Sam

It's an O'Neilianesque expression. He calls SG-1 "kids" and Teal'c's older than he is. So I say "Kids" to pallies of all ages. Including my parents...

gatebee
May 13th, 2005, 10:30 PM
What the world needs now, is love, sweet love, it's the only thing, that there's just too little of....

-yep, mel has a song for any occasion-
Sam singing. "What the world needs now, is nuts sweet nuts. It's the only thing that there......." hehehehehe

majorsal
May 13th, 2005, 10:31 PM
add a caption

caption:

(sam's thoughts) 'I wonder if I nibble on that sexy bottom lip of his, it would detour the seriousness of the situation right now?.... '

sally :p

gatebee
May 13th, 2005, 10:31 PM
It's an O'Neilianesque expression. He calls SG-1 "kids" and Teal'c's older than he is. So I say "Kids" to pallies of all ages. Including my parents...
ok that you kid for explaining that "kid".

gatebee
May 13th, 2005, 10:32 PM
caption:

(sam's thoughts) 'I wonder if I nibble on that sexy bottom lip of his, it would detour the seriousness of the situation right now?.... '

sally :p
awww I like the way you think....mwahahahaha

melpomene
May 13th, 2005, 10:35 PM
awww I like the way you think....mwahahahaha

Unlimited imagination and the dreams that fan fics are made of...

gatebee
May 13th, 2005, 10:36 PM
pic fr stargate1971
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v205/FilBrit1/9c5a31ac.jpg
Sam and Jack forever and always

gatebee
May 13th, 2005, 10:45 PM
be back in a bit...going to read Mel ship fanfic

melpomene
May 13th, 2005, 10:49 PM
pic fr stargate1971
Sam and Jack forever and always

So cute aren't they? I know Amanda's happily married, and Rick will probably never settle down, but how can the CHARACTERS not be together? After all isn't that what TV is for? Creating the -flawed- perfect world of imagination?

gatebee
May 13th, 2005, 10:57 PM
So cute aren't they? I know Amanda's happily married, and Rick will probably never settle down, but how can the CHARACTERS not be together? After all isn't that what TV is for? Creating the -flawed- perfect world of imagination?
((((( Mel )))) just finished reading "Wake Up Call". Very nice.
Love you saying in this post, "flawed -perfect world of imagination". So right

melpomene
May 13th, 2005, 11:12 PM
((((( Mel )))) just finished reading "Wake Up Call". Very nice.
Love you saying in this post, "flawed -perfect world of imagination". So right

Thank you, I had fun writing it.

gatebee
May 13th, 2005, 11:15 PM
Thank you, I had fun writing it.
Had fun reading it. Now if only TPTB can figure out what "ship" should be.
Goes read another on.

gatebee
May 13th, 2005, 11:37 PM
Mel, read "An Unusual Dilemma". I gasp at one part with Pete. I was not thrilled with the ending. I guess I wanted them together. But all in all still a very shippy fic. PU it this way. It has more Sam and Jack shipness to it than TPTB can muscle up in S9

gatebee
May 14th, 2005, 12:05 AM
Mel just finished "One Man, One Woman". Perfect shippy fic to read at 3 a.m.

melpomene
May 14th, 2005, 12:10 AM
Mel, read "An Unusual Dilemma". I gasp at one part with Pete. I was not thrilled with the ending. I guess I wanted them together. But all in all still a very shippy fic. PU it this way. It has more Sam and Jack shipness to it than TPTB can muscle up in S9

well Pete was toast and Sam and Jack were on the couch...I figured it for the beginning of much to come. :)

melpomene
May 14th, 2005, 12:11 AM
Mel just finished "One Man, One Woman". Perfect shippy fic to read at 3 a.m.

if that a compliment? At three I'm always a little out of it...

gatebee
May 14th, 2005, 12:12 AM
well Pete was toast and Sam and Jack were on the couch...I figured it for the beginning of much to come. :)
I know that it was the start of something but after 8 years, thinking that it is the same years in your fic, that they would be in the horizontal waltz

gatebee
May 14th, 2005, 12:13 AM
if that a compliment? At three I'm always a little out of it...
it is a very very shippy compliment....sorry if I am starting to sound vague as TPTB

melpomene
May 14th, 2005, 12:19 AM
I know that it was the start of something but after 8 years, thinking that it is the same years in your fic, that they would be in the horizontal waltz

er, um, that's Meimei's specialty. I perfer to keep the tone more...G to PG.

melpomene
May 14th, 2005, 12:20 AM
it is a very very shippy compliment....sorry if I am starting to sound vague as TPTB

Vauge as TPTB

I forsee this becoming a new figure of speech...

gatebee
May 14th, 2005, 12:25 AM
pic fr myrth
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v205/FilBrit1/deadcb96.jpg
Well there is nothing vague about this Sam and Jack forever and always
I am of to zzzzzzzzz land. thank to all for sharing the weee hours in the morning with me.

melpomene
May 14th, 2005, 12:44 AM
saying g'night on this forum too :)

Cpn. Chris(tine) Bowman
May 14th, 2005, 11:05 AM
eeep! I haven't been here in FOREVER! Hello my shipper family :) Please don't kill me, I haven't betrayed S/J shipdom! I've been reading plenty of fics :D Am I forgiven?

I hadn't realized how much I miss this thread until I stumbled in it again. This place is addictive :)

Pass the cookies please :D I'll need them if I'm to consider so many S9 episodes without ship in 'em.

girlgater
May 14th, 2005, 11:43 AM
Hey everybody! Guess what I got for my birthday??? Season 4 on DVD!!! Talk about a overdose of shippiness. I plan on sitting back and enjoying the shippy day. Have a good weekend everyone.

gatebee
May 14th, 2005, 12:07 PM
I guess HAPPY BIRTHDAY is in order Girlgater you are sooo lucky to get S4 dvd. I am still saving my money. Have a wonderful shippy birthday

Sam_o_Neill
May 14th, 2005, 12:13 PM
Hi all :D

Its been a busy week at school for me this week and I haven't been able to get on again, I just got a bit of spare time so i thought id pop in and say hi.

I won't be on for a few days after this either because i've got my French speaking exam on Tuesday and i'm really worried i've got loads of things to memorise and I only know bits :S

Hope everyone is keeping well¬ I still can't wait for Season 9!
((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((Shipper Family))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

Rogue
May 14th, 2005, 12:57 PM
Hey everybody! Guess what I got for my birthday??? Season 4 on DVD!!! Talk about a overdose of shippiness. I plan on sitting back and enjoying the shippy day. Have a good weekend everyone.

http://bestsmileys.com/birthday1/20.gif

GIRLGATER

Watters87
May 14th, 2005, 01:07 PM
I see Joe resonded that we will see that (Ex Dues Machina and Resurrection) Barrett is going to flirt with Sam. To me this might not be a bad thing as we could be indirectly given information about the Jack/Sam relationship. Remember in Resurrection Sam told Barrett that she was seeing someone and it might happen this time around again. :)

Gatetrixer
May 14th, 2005, 01:21 PM
According to what others have said ..it was always the wrong time for them to be together ..but what I saw so far ( around 10 episodes and I think I'm quite late in the show ..perhaps season 8 or 9 ..not quite sure yet )..and by the way the stories are really excellent ..They travel a lot to Afghanistan and places like that , the ship is great ..the looks , the smiles ..and there are even some sexy scenes according to what I saw so far ...and even if they were not together for the 10 years , well there are enough looks and shippy scenes to get you going ...I saw them giving each other some body heat , cuddling, holding hands, sharing the same food , and even flirting behind a door when Mac was only in her lingerie and Harm was telling her he could help her to get dressed and all that in a 3 part episode :D ...3 dramatic episodes when I actually cried because of their lieutenant friend Bud and his lovely wife :(

So for me it doesn't matter if they didn't get together before the finale episode because the heat was on in almost all episode as far as I have seen ..and I'm watching one more tonight which is supposed to be about inner feelings :) Should be interesting ;) and Sky one is airing 3 episodes tomorrow afternoon that I'll be taping :) for the evening viewing ..Now that I know they end up together , I can just enjoy the show , the ship and the storyline :)

And Sam and Jack forever together too :)

Thank you. Maybe I'll check up on possible reruns in the US. Since the Marine and Navy ranks are so different it's hard to tell from just that one episode if one outranked the other and if there were any sort of regulations problem.Doesn't sound as if that was a reason. It was fun to see Patrick Labortyeax(spelling?) again. He was in the Little House series as a boy.

Shipperahoy
May 14th, 2005, 01:35 PM
And Joe's answer to sg1fanatin's post in the Ask Joe thread is why, even though I love Sam/Jack ship, I don't have the heart to ship for them any more. They had an excellent chance with RDA leaving to resolve the ship once and for all but now it's just going to be more are they or aren't they and after 9 years I'm over it. End rant.

lonely_star
May 14th, 2005, 03:11 PM
wow have been gone for a few days...I was celebrating the end of the semester :D :p

I also can't believe Joe said that :( I've read the others answer but will make my comment after haveing read all your posts

((((((((((((LOL4JACK)))))))))))))))) - I can't believe your bad luck to be missing BTS! And no Stargate for a month - :( Hopefully Lonely Stars caps made up for it a little.

Lonely Star - those caps were fantastic! I've trawled the net hunting for caps like those and found them nowhere! Most of the cap sites are not run by shippers unfortunately so moments like that are missed out. I might just have to tweak my BTS collage a little :D

Oma you're more than welcome, it was a lot of fun and i'll do some mroe for shippy episodes as soon as I have time ;)

lonely_star
May 14th, 2005, 03:20 PM
Hi all :D

Its been a busy week at school for me this week and I haven't been able to get on again, I just got a bit of spare time so i thought id pop in and say hi.

I won't be on for a few days after this either because i've got my French speaking exam on Tuesday and i'm really worried i've got loads of things to memorise and I only know bits :S

Hope everyone is keeping well¬ I still can't wait for Season 9!
((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((Shipper Family))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

good luck !!!
yu should come and practice with us on the parlez vous francais thread !!! :D :p
hope to see you here soon :)

lonely_star
May 14th, 2005, 03:24 PM
HAPPY BIRTHDAY GIRLGATER !!!!!!

dipsofjazz
May 14th, 2005, 03:25 PM
:D Happy Birthday girlgater! :D

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v491/dipsofjazz/odds/birthday.gif

lonely_star
May 14th, 2005, 03:28 PM
well nothing exiting in the Asj Joe thread but at least they won't kill Jack...I also think it's not a bad think that orlin is gonna flirt with Sam. We know how she feels so let's be confident.
I also read that cassandra will be cited at the beginning of the season so maybe there's something here in relation with Sam's absence. Just and idea I had.

Where are you all guys ?? :S

Mel, I'm gonna read your fics in a while, thanks for keeping us informed!
Talking about that, SueKay did you finish yours about threads ? and the missing scenes ? you were at the 9th chapter right ? did you write more ? I'd love to read more !!! ;)

lonely_star
May 14th, 2005, 04:27 PM
nice fics Mel !!! :p
cute little nice last scene and love the humour as always...I could smell the pickles from here ! :D :D

DarkQuee1
May 14th, 2005, 04:43 PM
And Joe's answer to sg1fanatin's post in the Ask Joe thread is why, even though I love Sam/Jack ship, I don't have the heart to ship for them any more. They had an excellent chance with RDA leaving to resolve the ship once and for all but now it's just going to be more are they or aren't they and after 9 years I'm over it. End rant.

And if that's what they end up doing in season 9, I'm also over SG1 and Atlantis. I'll only let PTB screw with me for so long. Either honor your own threads and stop jerking us around, or you can have the fans that you apparently so desperately want--the Daniel fans and the Farscape fans--and lose the ones you apparently don't want around anymore. Because an answer that says that getting S/J together, now that Jack is off the show and any resolved relationship would be offscreen and nothing more than background, would prevent SG-1 from going on further adventures is nothing less than total nonsense.

J.

SamCarterONeill
May 14th, 2005, 05:01 PM
And if that's what they end up doing in season 9, I'm also over SG1 and Atlantis. I'll only let PTB screw with me for so long. Either honor your own threads and stop jerking us around, or you can have the fans that you apparently so desperately want--the Daniel fans and the Farscape fans--and lose the ones you apparently don't want around anymore. Because an answer that says that getting S/J together, now that Jack is off the show and any resolved relationship would be offscreen and nothing more than background, would prevent SG-1 from going on further adventures is nothing less than total nonsense.

J.

couldn't have said it better myself

pittsburghgirl
May 14th, 2005, 05:19 PM
I'm with you

LOL4JACK
May 14th, 2005, 05:59 PM
I thought there would be a revolution here after Joe´s answer.

Good thought Waters, guess if Barret is having a romantinc intrest in Sam we will know where S/J are standing, but I´m terrorized :eek: :eek: :eek:

(((((((((((((((OMA))))))))))))))) thanks.... I can´t believe I´m the only shipper that has never seen BtS :o

(((((((((Girlgater))))))))

FELIZ CUMPLEAÑOS !!!!!!!!!!!!

lonely_star
May 14th, 2005, 06:39 PM
Good thought Waters, guess if Barret is having a romantinc intrest in Sam we will know where S/J are standing, but I´m terrorized :eek: :eek: :eek:

:eek: oh oh never said it's a good thing but let's say it could be worse !!! I really don't see how they can completely ignore what they did in threads !!! :o but I'm still very :mad: to Joe and his answers !!! or lack or answer to be clearer!! :S

anyway I prefer wait and see, and I thought it could be good to remember what we HAD and HAVE !!! so here we go for my family and to celebrate girlgater's birthday...enjoy ;)

THREADS (http://img228.echo.cx/img228/8804/25fr.jpg)
THREADS (http://img228.echo.cx/img228/8/14qc.jpg)
I so like the way she looks at him like he's a child!! :D

thought you'd like some looks too...

THREADS (http://img228.echo.cx/img228/2987/44ak.jpg)
THREADS (http://img228.echo.cx/img228/7845/36dq.jpg)

lonely_star
May 14th, 2005, 06:45 PM
what about some angst ??

THREADS1 (http://img228.echo.cx/img228/7631/51up.jpg)
THREADS2 (http://img228.echo.cx/img228/2595/63fc.jpg)
THREADS3 (http://img228.echo.cx/img228/7101/87gb.jpg)
THREADS4 (http://img228.echo.cx/img228/8060/93aq.jpg)
THREADS5 (http://img228.echo.cx/img228/6199/102ti.jpg)
THREADS6 (http://img228.echo.cx/img228/8276/115ou.jpg)

lonely_star
May 14th, 2005, 06:49 PM
some surprise anyone?

Good...
BARBEC (http://img228.echo.cx/img228/2676/78lw.jpg)
and less...
:eek: alert (http://img228.echo.cx/img228/2457/127xq.jpg)

but got something to feel better :D ...
a little comfort...

infirmary (http://img228.echo.cx/img228/4130/138ft.jpg)
infirmary2 (http://img228.echo.cx/img228/1516/141ld.jpg)

lonely_star
May 14th, 2005, 06:53 PM
and some more comfort...

infirmary1 (http://img228.echo.cx/img228/1111/152ub.jpg)
infirmary2 (http://img228.echo.cx/img228/472/164hl.jpg)
infirmary3 (http://img228.echo.cx/img228/5976/178od.jpg)

hope you enjoy so far ;) I decided not to put the one we all know !! a little variety doesn't kill :p

lonely_star
May 14th, 2005, 06:57 PM
and here we go, to finish with a smile ;) :D

smile1 (http://img228.echo.cx/img228/3663/217gq.jpg)
smile2 (http://img228.echo.cx/img228/5872/189xo.jpg)
ending scene ;) (http://img228.echo.cx/img228/7626/224op.jpg)

here we go, hope you enjoyed ;)
((((((family)))))
((((((girlgater)))))

see ya all guys later ;)

nell
May 14th, 2005, 06:58 PM

I just read Joe's answer and I could not wrap myself around what he said. :confused: Actually, I was stunned. :eek: I tried to read between the lines and decipher the real shippy answer. Sadly, there was none. :( Now I'm getting mad! :mad: But, I don't know that I won't watch Season 9. Nor will I give up on some little bit of hope. Little hope. :(

I'm going to kel'no reem!!

gatebee
May 14th, 2005, 07:07 PM
pic fr myrth
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v205/FilBrit1/15243296.jpg
I am a believer...the ship has arrived...Forever and Always

Token
May 14th, 2005, 07:50 PM
Happy Birthday, girlgater!!
http://bestsmileys.com/birthday2/2.gif
Make a wish just like Sam!
;) :D
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v334/Token04/MakeAWish.jpg

melpomene
May 14th, 2005, 07:51 PM
Happy Shippy Birthday!!

Cassie
May 14th, 2005, 08:04 PM
HAPPY BIRTHDAY Girlgater May all your shippy dreams come true!!!!!

majorsal
May 14th, 2005, 08:33 PM
spoiler space for season 9 (spoilers and speculation)

:eek: oh oh never said it's a good thing but let's say it could be worse !!! I really don't see how they can completely ignore what they did in threads !!! :o but I'm still very :mad: to Joe and his answers !!! or lack or answer to be clearer!! :S

anyway I prefer wait and see, and ...

(snipped)

i've got a feelling... go with me here. let's add up all the clues we've been given.

* sam will be away for personal and professional reasons. the personal taken away to just professional.

* rda 'might' be in later eps, but it's looking like it's not going to happen.

* some of sam's prior admirers are coming back - but that still doesn't mean sam's going to *respond* to them shippy.

* it's been said somewhere recently that rda wants to take a year off (season 9 off), instead of just quitting all together.

now, we take in what joe said today with his answer here:

Originally Posted by sg-1fanintn
Joe, I have a question......

Can you promise all us Sam & Jack shippers that you won't break our hearts when the show returns this summer? We can accept RDA leaving, but there's so much concern on the threads about whether the integrity of the Ship will be maintained as we've seen it built up over the last two seasons.

(joe)
I'm not sure how to answer this question. After all, RDA will not be returning as a regular for the show's 9th season. However, we're not planning to kill him off if that makes you feel any better.

k, let's take apart joe's answer. joe could have said that rda's no longer on the show, period, but he didn't put it like that. he said, "RDA will not be returning as a regular for the show's 9th season." why did joe say it like that? perhaps...

what if the writers are looking at two more seasons of stargate - which joe said they ideally hoped for - and that they want to continue the ship (build up sam and jack's relay) over those two seasons?

the ONLY thing that can make this bearable is if they DON'T ship sam off with another guy again. without shipping her off with another pete, i can live with this waiting. i have no choice, other than quitting (i'm not ready for that, even with missing rda like my limb).

so, where are we? i think they're going to build sam and jack's relay over these two seasons (9th and 10th). i want to SEE them together NOW, but it doesn't look like that's an option with rda's situation. but as long as they don't ship sam with another, i can wait. again. can all of us?

sally :)

gatebee
May 14th, 2005, 08:36 PM
Guess what ep Sam and Jack said this to each other.

CARTER: "According to my readings, the hazmats could withstand about 12 hours of exposure before there was any serious degradation."

O'NEILL: "Shouldn't be a problem, Sir. We can make it to the dome and back inside an hour."

majorsal
May 14th, 2005, 08:41 PM
some surprise anyone?

Good...
BARBEC (http://img228.echo.cx/img228/2676/78lw.jpg)
and less...
:eek: alert (http://img228.echo.cx/img228/2457/127xq.jpg)

but got something to feel better :D ...
a little comfort...

infirmary (http://img228.echo.cx/img228/4130/138ft.jpg)
infirmary2 (http://img228.echo.cx/img228/1516/141ld.jpg)

honey, thank you for the caps! anytime a shipper can revisit the WONDERFUL 'threads', it's great! :D

sally :D

gatebee
May 14th, 2005, 08:50 PM
((((((( Mel ))))))) finally read your trilogy...very good and shippy....if only TPTB can do some even remotely half of that, I would be so jumping up and down.

nell
May 14th, 2005, 08:51 PM
i've got a feelling... go with me here. let's add up all the clues we've been given.

* sam will be away for personal and professional reasons. the personal taken away to just professional.

* some of sam's prior admirers are coming back - but that still doesn't mean sam's going to *respond* to them shippy.

* it's been said somewhere recently that rda wants to take a year off (season 9 off), instead of just quitting all together.

Can you promise all us Sam & Jack shippers that you won't break our hearts when the show returns this summer? We can accept RDA leaving, but there's so much concern on the threads about whether the integrity of the Ship will be maintained as we've seen it built up over the last two seasons.

(joe)
I'm not sure how to answer this question. After all, RDA will not be returning as a regular for the show's 9th season. However, we're not planning to kill him off if that makes you feel any better.

k, let's take apart joe's answer. joe could have said that rda's no longer on the show, period, but he didn't put it like that. he said, "RDA will not be returning as a regular for the show's 9th season." why did joe say it like that? perhaps...

what if the writers are looking at two more seasons of stargate - which joe said they ideally hoped for - and that they want to continue the ship (build up sam and jack's relay) over those two seasons?

the ONLY thing that can make this bearable is if they DON'T ship sam off with another guy again. without shipping her off with another pete, i can live with this waiting. i have no choice, other than quitting (i'm not ready for that, even with missing rda like my limb).

so, where are we? i think they're going to build sam and jack's relay over these two seasons (9th and 10th). i want to SEE them together NOW, but it doesn't look like that's an option with rda's situation. but as long as they don't ship sam with another, i can wait. again. can all of us?

See, that's what I could not wrap myself around! I was too stunned. Thanks for sharing your thoughts. It's makin' sense. Yep, I'm feelin' better!
Did you notice that Joe said Sam is returning in Beach Head episode? Like #7, I think. Mmmmm, a later return than I thought.

sg-1fanintn
May 14th, 2005, 09:22 PM

(joe)

ok, let's take apart joe's answer. joe could have said that rda's no longer on the show, period, but he didn't put it like that. he said, "RDA will not be returning as a regular for the show's 9th season." why did joe say it like that? perhaps...

By golly! Joe finally answered one of MY questions? I can't believe it! And it was a shippy question at that.

However, it wasn't much of an answer. Sally, since we know they are intentionally vague sometimes in these answers (to keep from out-and-out lying to us), I jumped to the same conclusion that you did. But I am very miserable waiting. TPTB still need to throw us some kind of small bone.....at least acknowledging that S & J are dating.....and then not have Sam dating all those male guest stars this season! If they give us that little bit of consideration, I can wait until S10.

While I'm here, please make certain that you and every S/J shipper you know takes the demographics poll on GW's home page. When I took it Wednesday, women 25-55 were the #2 demographic, right after those 18-25 males. Now, we've slipped to #3, behind 18-25 males and 25-55 males.

It's important to show TPTB that we are a major part of the fan base!!!!! Please vote on the poll!

gatebee
May 14th, 2005, 09:37 PM
By golly! Joe finally answered one of MY questions? I can't believe it! And it was a shippy question at that.

However, it wasn't much of an answer. Sally, since we know they are intentionally vague sometimes in these answers (to keep from out-and-out lying to us), I jumped to the same conclusion that you did. But I am very miserable waiting. TPTB still need to throw us some kind of small bone.....at least acknowledging that S & J are dating.....and then not have Sam dating all those male guest stars this season! If they give us that little bit of consideration, I can wait until S10.

While I'm here, please make certain that you and every S/J shipper you know takes the demographics poll on GW's home page. When I took it Wednesday, women 25-55 were the #2 demographic, right after those 18-25 males. Now, we've slipped to #3, behind 18-25 males and 25-55 males.

It's important to show TPTB that we are a major part of the fan base!!!!! Please vote on the poll!
wow I just had a look at the demographics results. Right now I am part of the 19.03% female. In a couple of months, I will fall to the mere 1.16 %. What struck me is that officially there are suppose to be 7,714 member in GW. But if you look at the number who voted there were over 8,000 votes counted. I wonder how many of them are shippers? Maybe GW adm. should make a pole on shippers. Like for instance, who wants the ship. Who doesn't want the ship. And onces that don't really care either way as long as the story is good.

gatebee
May 14th, 2005, 09:46 PM
pic fr Florence
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v205/FilBrit1/905302d2.jpg
Shippers...can any one please tell me what ep this camp fire scene came from. I can't remember. Florence posted it at SI.

nell
May 14th, 2005, 09:57 PM
wow I just had a look at the demographics results. Right now I am part of the 19.03% female. In a couple of months, I will fall to the mere 1.16 %. What struck me is that officially there are suppose to be 7,714 member in GW. But if you look at the number who voted there were over 8,000 votes counted. I wonder how many of them are shippers? Maybe GW adm. should make a pole on shippers. Like for instance, who wants the ship. Who doesn't want the ship. And onces that don't really care either way as long as the story is good.

Wow! Females make up almost 1/3 of the fan base! I'm in the 26-55 bracket and proud of it. In several years, I'll be sharing your new bracket, Gatebee.

Which leads to me to something I've been pondering about lately. RDA is among the few mature leading men on TV for us mature fans. I am really missing him! And, I'm not falling for General Landry!! :rolleyes:

melpomene
May 14th, 2005, 10:09 PM
Wow! Females make up almost 1/3 of the fan base! I'm in the 26-55 bracket and proud of it. In several years, I'll be sharing your new bracket, Gatebee.

Which leads to me to something I've been pondering about lately. RDA is among the few mature leading men on TV for us mature fans. I am really missing him! And, I'm not falling for General Landry!! :rolleyes:

Hey he may be 33 years my senior but I enjoy the change from all those twirps. I mean, nothing against young guys specifically...I've just never seen one as cool.

Uber
May 14th, 2005, 10:11 PM
pic fr Florence
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v205/FilBrit1/905302d2.jpg
Shippers...can any one please tell me what ep this camp fire scene came from. I can't remember. Florence posted it at SI.
My first guess is that it's from Warrior...but that's just a guess...

If I'm remembering it correctly, Imhotep (still pretending to be Jaffa of course) said there was no dishonor in needing to rest as opposed to Jaffa who could just kel'no'reem.

So Sam, Jack and perpetual kill-joy Daniel all retire to their tent...

nell
May 14th, 2005, 10:17 PM
Hey he may be 33 years my senior but I enjoy the change from all those twirps. I mean, nothing against young guys specifically...I've just never seen one as cool.

Yes, RDA is a man for all women! His vitality and humor as O'Neill, among other attributes, are part of what attracted Sam and allowed their age gap to lessen. Yada, yada. ;)

lonely_star
May 14th, 2005, 10:26 PM

(joe)

nice analysis ! I totally agree with you I thought the same when I read his answer. the way he turns the sentence makes me hope for RDA's return in season10 if season10 there is. Anyway as for your question, yes I'm ready to wait longer but they'll have to give us some stuffs, some little comments or indices to let us know hope and wait. We want more than allusions, we are still waiting for the BIG HONKIN' KISS !!! :D :D

until then we have fan fics to read! just read a few lately...looking for one I've read a while ago, it was about e-mail. The team and the whole SGC was sending email to each other, that was pretty funny and turned out shippy, wanted to see if it had been updated, does anyone have any idea what I'm talking about and if you could give me a link, could be nice ;)

ok got to sleep now, I'll see you all guys tomorrow
and YAY for J&S and thanks ((((sg-1fanintn)))) for asking the shippy question, even if he didn't really answer it's a good beginning ;)

nell
May 14th, 2005, 10:31 PM
http://www.sg1-heliopolis.com/archive2/5/emailpart.html

Try this at Heliopolis. This is part 1 of 2. I hope this is what you were looking for. It's funny and shippy. 'night. :)

lonely_star
May 14th, 2005, 10:41 PM
http://www.sg1-heliopolis.com/archive2/5/emailpart.html

Try this at Heliopolis. This is part 1 of 2. I hope this is what you were looking for. It's funny and shippy. 'night. :)

cool this is exactly that !!! :D :D I'll read that tomorrow to begin the day on a happy shippy thought!! :D thanks good night folks and see ya all tomorrow!

let's ship until july !! :) :D

ohshocking
May 14th, 2005, 10:50 PM
Guess what ep Sam and Jack said this to each other.

CARTER: "According to my readings, the hazmats could withstand about 12 hours of exposure before there was any serious degradation."

O'NEILL: "Shouldn't be a problem, Sir. We can make it to the dome and back inside an hour."
Didn't see anyone answer, but it's Revisions, right?

Oh, and I don't want to be the horrible nagging one, but there are quite a few things being said about season 9 without spoiler tags or warnings in place, and some people might not want to be spoiled (to live in hope! :)). Thanks :)

nell
May 14th, 2005, 11:02 PM
Oh, and I don't want to be the horrible nagging one, but there are quite a few things being said about season 9 without spoiler tags or warnings in place, and some people might not want to be spoiled (to live in hope! :)). Thanks :)

You are absolutely correct. I was one of those who slipped. Thanks for the reminder! :)

sg-1fanintn
May 15th, 2005, 12:29 AM

RDA as Jack O'Neill is just the ultimate alpha male! That's all there is to it!

sg-1fanintn
May 15th, 2005, 12:33 AM
pic fr myrth
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v205/FilBrit1/deadcb96.jpg
Well there is nothing vague about this: Sam and Jack forever and always

Amen, Gatebee!

sg-1fanintn
May 15th, 2005, 12:37 AM

Happy Birthday, Girlgater!

Here's my wish for you: that when S9 (or the series) is all over and done, you'll be just as happy receiving S9 (and any possible additional seasons)!

AmberLM
May 15th, 2005, 03:22 AM
RDA as Jack O'Neill is just the ultimate alpha male! That's all there is to it!

Oooh I don't know actually. I used to think that but during the last few months without stargate to obsess over I've started watching Law and Order Criminal Intent; I think Vincent D'Onofrio as Bobby Goren could give RDA a run for his money in the charisma and looks departments, he's gorgeous!

ps I know it's very OT but are any of you guys goren/eames shippers by any chance? I'm beginning to think that there are only about 3 of us!

AmberLM
May 15th, 2005, 03:41 AM
Sorry, I couldn't help but notice your signature - have Harm & Mac finally got together on JAG?

pittsburghgirl
May 15th, 2005, 03:48 AM
Sorry, I couldn't help but notice your signature - have Harm & Mac finally got together on JAG?
yes

AmberLM
May 15th, 2005, 04:00 AM
Cool! Which episode? *Edited to say* I've found it, it was the last episode. Let's just hope that Sam and Jack don't decide which one's going to retire on the flip of a coin! (I'm still optimistic about that!)

dipsofjazz
May 15th, 2005, 09:56 AM
and some more comfort...

infirmary1 (http://img228.echo.cx/img228/1111/152ub.jpg)
infirmary2 (http://img228.echo.cx/img228/472/164hl.jpg)
infirmary3 (http://img228.echo.cx/img228/5976/178od.jpg)

hope you enjoy so far ;) I decided not to put the one we all know !! a little variety doesn't kill :p
:D I can't give you green, but I just wanted to say thanks for posting these lovely pics. Happy days. *sigh* :D

Daniel's_twin
May 15th, 2005, 10:48 AM
Cool! Which episode? *Edited to say* I've found it, it was the last episode. Let's just hope that Sam and Jack don't decide which one's going to retire on the flip of a coin! (I'm still optimistic about that!)

Jack strikes me as a Rock, Paper, Scissors guy, actually. :cool:

Oma-1
May 15th, 2005, 11:44 AM
spoiler S9 & speculation

(joe)

(((((Sally)))) I think your take on this gives us lots of hope. I think you're right with the build up idea. I don't like overly much - but I can wait again too. After all, I've waited this long, a couple more seasons won't kill me - although it will try my loyalty to the limit :rolleyes: But I couldn't stop watching now. I've devoted too much energy into shipping for Sam & Jack to miss anything now!

I think Joe answered in his customary, very vague way. His "I don't know how to answer this" I think was very tongue in cheek cos basically he wants to keep us guessing, and give us lots to discuss on the thread :p I think he understood the question perfectly well and just didn't want to give a straight answer cos it would give too much away.

Lets face it, Joe always answers cryptically, and half the fun of the qu's thread is to word a question so that he can only answer yes or no - but of course, he doesn't answer those questions! He likes to be cryptic and vague!

Kay, gonna have to use spoilers now. We know Sam is going to be away for professional reasons - but that doesn't exclude the fact that her and Jack are in a relationship - no matter how tentative.

Most of the shippy bits over the years have come courtesy of the way AT and RDA interact and play off each other. Lots of shippy stuff is written in the scripts, but gets taken out - sometimes even before the actors see the final drafts, and is replaced by their looks and lunch/fishing invites. With no RDA in S9 for AT to play off, that will eliminate that kind of interaction. But I don't think is necessarily eliminates all ship. I think we'll get very random snippets of S&J UST in S9, played out with Barratt getting the brush off again and maybe even Orlin will say something about Sam & Jack. But I only expect it to be very small, passing comments, and probably only a couple of those.

As for "RDA not returning as a regular in S9" and not killing him off, the door is still open either for a return in S10 (although I don't think that's likely) or for further guest slots in S10 (which I think is more probable).

I honestly believe that tptb will not end SG-1 altogether without a real resolution for Sam & Jack. Watching commentaries for S7 again last night confirms just how important a theme S&J ship is to AT, PDL and other ptb. I don't think we've seen the last of this loveboat yet by a long shot.

Oma-1
May 15th, 2005, 12:00 PM

And some of us not-so-mature fans too! I'm 32 and find RDA one of the sexiest men on TV. I've got a thing for sexy older men with gray hair :p One my fave eps is Tin Man - purely cos there's a great shot of Jack's a$$ in tight black leather trousers .... yum :D He's in great shape for his age and his eyes are just gorgeous. I think he's got even sexier over the years.

ohshocking
May 15th, 2005, 01:24 PM
And some of us not-so-mature fans too! I'm 32 and find RDA one of the sexiest men on TV. I've got a thing for sexy older men with gray hair :p One my fave eps is Tin Man - purely cos there's a great shot of Jack's a$$ in tight black leather trousers .... yum :D He's in great shape for his age and his eyes are just gorgeous. I think he's got even sexier over the years.
I think RDA is one of those guys that appeals to females of all ages. I'm 18 and agree that he's one of the sexiest guys on TV! Ok, so he's about 37 (god, 37!) years older than me, but still... And I much prefer the gray hair to the brown of seasons 1 & 2, it just suits him better IMO....

I honestly believe that tptb will not end SG-1 altogether without a real resolution for Sam & Jack. Watching commentaries for S7 again last night confirms just how important a theme S&J ship is to AT, PDL and other ptb. I don't think we've seen the last of this loveboat yet by a long shot.
I loved this positive ending to your post, Oma. It's comments like that that rekindle my optimism for the ship, so thank you! And, I can't see how they could leave it with no resolution. To have invested all that time in it over the 8 years, and then not do anything at the end? I don't think so! (well, I don't hope so!)

girlgater
May 15th, 2005, 02:14 PM
Thanks everyone for the happy birthday wishes and gifts of green. I've already skipped ahead on the DVD's and watched Upgrades, Divide & Conquer, Window of Opportunity, Beneath the Surface and Entity--love, love the shippy scenes.

Thanks also to everyone who posted the fantastic pictures.

Oma--you're absolutely right that mature men with gray hair are quite sexy--especially when they're in as good a shape as RDA.

My extended sympathies for LOL4JACK on not having seen BtS. I love that episode. Wonder what Jack meant when talking with Sam/Daniel and he says "I remember other things..."

As for what Joe M. said, I can't let myself worry about it. We all know that Jack and Sam came together in Threads ALWAYS... There's no way anyone could deny it.

Oma-1
May 15th, 2005, 02:23 PM
Girlgater - sorry I missed your birthday! :( I hope you had cake?? :D

Pressies don't get much better than S4 boxset do they? (I got it for christmas :D ) It's my most watched season - and probably most other shippers too :p I love the shippy eps you mentioned, but I really the other eps - I don't think there's one that I didn't like.

I loved Tangent too. Jack's oxygen deprivation bit a the end was fantastic - "Carter! :D " I got the impression that the lack of oxygen didn't make him confused - just lowered all those barriers so his true feelings came out. I bet he really wants to greet her like that all the time :D

girlgater
May 15th, 2005, 02:23 PM
By the way, in watching Entity, I saw where Jack's real name is John??? I know sometimes men go by Jack rather than John, but I had totally missed out on the fact that his name was John. My hubby came in while Sam was in the infirmary with Jack in attendance...hubby says..."he won't leave her side, will he?" Gotta love the man. He's such a shipper (closet shipper, of course) ;)

ChevronSeven
May 15th, 2005, 02:26 PM
By the way, in watching Entity, I saw where Jack's real name is John??? I know sometimes men go by Jack rather than John, but I had totally missed out on the fact that his name was John. My hubby came in while Sam was in the infirmary with Jack in attendance...hubby says..."he won't leave her side, will he?" Gotta love the man. He's such a shipper (closet shipper, of course) ;)

They got that a tad bit wrong. Jack's name in Jonathon J. O'Neill. They list it in a behind the scenes in the Season 7 box set and I'm pretty sure it's on his ID that they show in "Fragile Balance."

Oma-1
May 15th, 2005, 02:26 PM
I adore that ep. My fave of S4 :D So angsty. I want to cry every time I see the look on Jack's face as he has to shoot Sam the second time. Then the infirmary scene where Jack asks for longer before Janet shuts down the life support ...... http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/36/36_1_44.gif

girlgater
May 15th, 2005, 02:27 PM
Girlgater - sorry I missed your birthday! :( I hope you had cake?? :D

Pressies don't get much better than S4 boxset do they? (I got it for christmas :D ) It's my most watched season - and probably most other shippers too :p I love the shippy eps you mentioned, but I really the other eps - I don't think there's one that I didn't like.

Jack's oxygen deprivation bit a the end was fantastic - "Carter! :D " I got the impression that the lack of oxygen didn't make him confused - just lowered all those barriers so his true feelings came out. I bet he really wants to greet her like that all the time :D

Season 4 is an excellent season. All the angst, the looks, the smiles, the admissions of feelings, everything. Of course, the episodes that aren't particulary shippy are really good too. All in all, I think it was one of the best from character development and storylines.

Yep, I think Jack's inhibitions must have been lowered by the oxygen deprivation too. I can't imagine the strain that they (Sam/Jack) have faced now for years to have feelings (intense feelings) and never to be able to act up on them. It's bound to be maddening.

Oma-1
May 15th, 2005, 02:38 PM
I can't imagine the strain that they (Sam/Jack) have faced now for years to have feelings (intense feelings) and never to be able to act up on them. It's bound to be maddening.

Totally agree! That's why the whole :eek: storyline is so painful for us shippers. I remember my husband (before we got married :p) dating my best friend. It was a terrible situation for me. We'd both met him at the same time and she jumped in there first (she was always a fast mover :p), but I'd already fallen for him hook line and sinker and had to pretend to be happy for them. I jumped for joy when they split and made damn sure no one else got a chance.

Gosh, haven't thought about that for YEARS! How sad to be drawing parallels between my love life of 14 years ago and Jack & Sam :p But I suppose its the empathy we feel for the characters that makes us love them so much. *shrugs*

Catysg1
May 15th, 2005, 03:00 PM

J.

I am also over SG1 and as for Atlantis ..well I taped them all but only watched half until the defiant one when I realised that they were going for 2 obvious ship like Teyla/Sheppard and Weir/Sheppard just to screw the fans a little bit more . :eek:

So I'm glad that I'm over SG1 and the Sam and Jack ship at the moment .It's very good for my sanity and I can concentrate on other things .
I may be making a few more S/J videos or collages when I feel the need but I really fancy making videos for other great shows and a video I would like to do is a video about Syd from "Alias" with all her different outfits . ;) This I think will be my next video project ...and I'm busy catching up on JAG too when I have some free time :)

Still Sam and Jack forever together in season 9 premiere ..will be watching the 2 first episodes to see if there are any mentions of the S/J ship then afterwards ..it will depend if I was happy with what I heard or not :rolleyes:

sg-1fanintn
May 15th, 2005, 03:41 PM
Totally agree! That's why the whole :eek: storyline is so painful for us shippers. I remember my husband (before we got married :p) dating my best friend. It was a terrible situation for me. We'd both met him at the same time and she jumped in there first (she was always a fast mover :p), but I'd already fallen for him hook line and sinker and had to pretend to be happy for them. I jumped for joy when they split and made damn sure no one else got a chance.

Gosh, haven't thought about that for YEARS! How sad to be drawing parallels between my love life of 14 years ago and Jack & Sam :p But I suppose its the empathy we feel for the characters that makes us love them so much. *shrugs*

But it sure is a good story, Oma-1! So, is she still your best friend?

Oma-1
May 15th, 2005, 03:54 PM
But it sure is a good story, Oma-1! So, is she still your best friend?
We stayed close for a couple of years, but then she got married too and we sorta drifted. Its one of those friendships where you're always happy to hear from each other though - if you get what I mean :p

LOL4JACK
May 15th, 2005, 03:58 PM
Posted another shippy question to Joe, I hope I did not offend non-shippers and shippers that don't believe that S/J are together :D

Let's cross our fingers :p :P:p:p
http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost.php?p=4242977&postcount=1037

Oma-1
May 15th, 2005, 04:00 PM
Lonely Star - thanks for the BTS caps. This one's for you :)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v685/Oma-1/bts.jpg

Oma-1
May 15th, 2005, 04:06 PM
Posted another shippy question to Joe, I hope I did not offend non-shippers and shippers that don't believe that S/J are together :D

I don't know if Joe will clarify - it seems like another of those cryptic answers that can be taken anyway you please .... he's really good at those :p

I like to think he means that Barrett will make a pass at Sam again - and she'll tell him she seeing someone - maybe even the exact lines as in the last ep as tptb seem to like that continuity. Course this time all shippers will grin instead of grimace. :p

DarkQuee1
May 15th, 2005, 04:28 PM
My only problem with posters saying that they will watch season 9 anyway--and I certainly don't mean to suggest that they don't have the right to do whatever they want to in this regard--is that if TPTB believe that shippers are in their pockets no matter what they do, there is no incentive to ever give us what we want. They might as well spend their time making happy the fans who threaten to bite them if they *don't* get, not just anything but also everthing, they want.

J.

Uber
May 15th, 2005, 06:18 PM
I don't know if Joe will clarify - it seems like another of those cryptic answers that can be taken anyway you please .... he's really good at those :p

I like to think he means that Barrett will make a pass at Sam again - and she'll tell him she seeing someone - maybe even the exact lines as in the last ep as tptb seem to like that continuity. Course this time all shippers will grin instead of grimace. :p
I posted this awhile back and dug it up because it went with what we're currently discussing...

I think that there's a good chance that Barrett's appearance could in a nuanced kind of way work to reinforce the Sam/Jack ship...but I believe it will be very subtle...

I see something like this:

Barrett and Sam are talking over whatever it is they're working on together...Sam heads over to the computer and starts typing... Barrett sees this as an opportunity to spark a conversation:

Barrett: So, uh, I noticed you're not wearing a ring.
Sam (surprised at his bluntness): No...no I'm not.
Barrett (hems and haws a little): You know, that dinner invitation is still open.
Sam (turns to face him, humored by his poor sense of timing, and then turns back to the computer): Sorry, Barrett, but I'm involved with someone.
Barrett (a little embarrassed): Oh, really? Same guy?
Sam (tersely, hoping the conversation ends sooner rather than later): No.
Barrett (feeling uneasy, but in too deep to let it drop just yet): So, um, is it serious?
Sam (grinning coyly): You might say that.
Sam and Barrett exchange an awkward glance before they continue working.

Oma-1
May 15th, 2005, 06:22 PM
I'd forgotten that little gem :p That's about how I see it playing out. But I;m sure tptb will have something else up their sleeve - they NEVER do the expected .... keeps us on our toes :p

lonely_star
May 15th, 2005, 06:51 PM
Lonely Star - thanks for the BTS caps. This one's for you :)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v685/Oma-1/bts.jpg

Oh!! wow thanks Oma !!! (((((((Oma))))))) that's so sweet !!
I wanted to rep you but I have to spread some love before !! :o
it's a pleasure to share my pics with you guys (Bev your welcome;) ), and if Oma (or you all shipper family members) you look for some caps next time just let me know, I'll be glad to give you a hand ;) :D

nice story about your husband! and congratulations for the 14years! impressive :rolleyes:

((((lol4jack))))) nice question and I like the "join us on the sam and jack thread, we'd like to have a little chat with you " :D I think it'll scare him more than make him come though :D :D

ÜberSG-1Fan as I already said when you posted it, I totally like the way you see things, and I totally agree with Oma I'm sure they'll come with something kinda like this and unexpected...let's just hope it's gonna be in a good way :eek:

sorry if I forgot to use some spoilers tag when I talked about season9, won't do it again :o . As for season 9, as I already said i'll watch it, and not only because I'm a shipper but because I love the show, the characters and the stories, or at least I used to and I still like it a lot. I know that it can't show my disapointment in the show on a shipper way but to admit it, i'm not yet disapointed. I mean we had a good end of season8 in a shippy way (cause I'm sure the season finale could have been better) and I'm looking forward to see how they explain the situation at the beginning of season9.So sorry DarkQuee1 but I can't not watch the show just because the shippy things could be better. I'm sure they know we want more, then we'll see what they'll come with. But I still understand what you say. (at least I hope)

long post for me...not very into the talking thing, hard to explain exactly what I think when my english so sucks!! there are some days without!!
anyway thanks again Oma !!!!! ;) :p

oh and by the way ! totally agree!! RDA is so hot and get sexier years after years...I don't know any of my friends who cannot admit is handsome! and on this word, I'm gonna take a look at the Jack/RDA thunk thread ;) see ya soon :p :D

lonely_star
May 15th, 2005, 06:53 PM
Joe is online now !!!!

sg-1fanintn
May 15th, 2005, 06:55 PM
My only problem with posters saying that they will watch season 9 anyway--and I certainly don't mean to suggest that they don't have the right to do whatever they want to in this regard--is that if TPTB believe that shippers are in their pockets no matter what they do, there is no incentive to ever give us what we want. They might as well spend their time making happy the fans who threaten to bite them if they *don't* get, not just anything but also everthing, they want.

J.

You make a very good point, and regardless of what each of us personally plans to do, I think we should let TPTB know in our posts that this part of the fan base (mainly comprised of people with jobs and buying power) is in jeopardy if they violate the integrity of the S/J ship.

Does anyone not understand what I mean by "violate the integrity of the S/J ship?" Of course you understand. It means TPTB acknowledge that a Sam/Jack relationship exists (even if it's long distance), and it means that Sam isn't dating all the guest stars or anyone else during S9.

Joe made like he didn't know what the "integrity of the S/J ship" meant when he responded to (not answered) my question on his thread. If you haven't seen it, here it is.

Re: Ask Joe Mallozzi - Spoilers for SG-1 (S8, S9) and SGA (S1, S2)

Quote:

Can you promise all us Sam & Jack shippers that you won't break our hearts when the show returns this summer? We can accept RDA leaving, but there's so much concern on the threads about whether the integrity of the Ship will be maintained as we've seen it built up over the last two seasons.]

Joe's response:

Well, I think we all knew that RDA wasn't going to be on the show for most of S9, and that they weren't killing the character of Jack O'Neill off. Couldn't Joe have thrown us some little bone here? I really thought the answer bordered on smart alecky, :eek: and I would have preferred he just not answer at all, rather than to give the answer he did. :eek:

And yes, if they violate the ship, the very one they have spent much of the last two years building, I won't be watching! It just won't feel right to me anymore. :(

I'm trying to be as optimistic as everyone else, but couldn't they throw us some small bone at this point? We've been suffering since the end of March, and there are still about eight weeks to go til the S9 premiere. Grrrrr! :eek:

lonely_star
May 15th, 2005, 07:03 PM
http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost.php?p=4243458&postcount=1044

nice one !! hope he'll answer!! you're right we have to insist ;)
fingers crossed!!! :o

(sorry can't rep you... :( :( )

pittsburghgirl
May 15th, 2005, 07:05 PM
oh applause Rogue-applause

Lida
May 15th, 2005, 07:20 PM
I need your help. I can't seem to post any pics.....if I try, could you tell me if you see it. Sometimes I see them, but others say they don't. I'm VERY confused. :(

Here goes:

http://www.freewebs.com/p3x888/AT-RDA%20kiss.jpg

Please, let me know and if you can't see it, could someone please clue me in as to what I'm doing wrong???

Thanks!! :)

Oma-1
May 15th, 2005, 07:24 PM
Lida - I see it! Nice pic :D Now we just need one of those for S9 ......

lonely_star
May 15th, 2005, 07:30 PM
wow ! Joe asnwered a question of mine!! cool !! unfortunately my little stratagem didn't function !!! lol
see question 2 to understand !! : http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost.php?p=4243502&postcount=1045

so in a word, not a lot of chance that they filmed stuff after threads of Moebius to use it at the beginning of season9... :o

hope he'll answer the new ones now because I wrote this one a long time ago, I thought he'd never answered !!! there's still hope ;)

lonely_star
May 15th, 2005, 07:32 PM
nope Lida, unfortunately I CAN'T see it :( :( no idea what's wrong
what the pic format ? JPEG ?

Oma-1
May 15th, 2005, 07:33 PM
((((((((((((((TN)))))))))))))))))

You are in desperate need of shipper cookies!!!!!

http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/12/12_4_22.gif

Motion Sickeness Shipper Cookies - when eaten prevents motion sickness from TPTB shipper rollercoaster ride.

Hope it makes you feel better. :)

Lida
May 15th, 2005, 07:36 PM
Lida - I see it! Nice pic :D Now we just need one of those for S9 ......

Thank you so much Oma. You can see it and I can see it, but lonely_star can't. It is a jpg. I think I entered the Twilight Zone. :-(

I have to figure this out!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And lonely_star, I was watching when Joe side stepped your question.....LOL. Great try! ;)

Oma-1
May 15th, 2005, 07:37 PM
nope Lida, unfortunately I CAN'T see it :( :( no idea what's wrong
what the pic format ? JPEG ?
Lida - I can still see the pic - I have no idea why Lonely Star can't. Is is only certain areas who can't see your pics - Marion is in France. Maybe trying a different host site would help? Maybe photobucket.com or imageshack.us

lonely_star
May 15th, 2005, 07:42 PM
Lida - I can still see the pic - I have no idea why Lonely Star can't. Is is only certain areas who can't see your pics - Marion is in France. Maybe trying a different host site would help? Maybe photobucket.com or imageshack.us

no actually i'm in Minnesota !! ;) will be in France thursday...after a year studying here I'll miss the US so much !! :(

you should try imageShack there are good
don't know why it's not working... :(
can you try to download it Oma and then post it to see if it comes frome the pic or the serveur or something else ?? (and so I can see it !! lol :D )

Buc252
May 15th, 2005, 07:49 PM
I've just been watching my S6 DVD's and the audio commentaries, and I've realized I have all new reasons for wanting to see Robert Cooper buried alive under a mountain of shipper cookies! At the end, when there *should* have been a great "reunion" scene with Jack and Carter, who has fretted over him for weeks, he said that people have asked about it but he thought it would be "over the top." Oh, please!! The you-know-what also said that the story was supposed to be about the two men, so it should end that way. And he also kept referring to Carter's reaction - obviously that of a woman searching for the man she loves - as how much the team cares about each other.

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry, just had to vent after spending 45 minutes listening to that crap! Even listening to Peter Woeste drone on and on about camera angles and lighting is better than this garbage!

lonely_star
May 15th, 2005, 07:49 PM
Thank you so much Oma. You can see it and I can see it, but lonely_star can't. It is a jpg. I think I entered the Twilight Zone. :-(

I have to figure this out!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And lonely_star, I was watching when Joe side stepped your question.....LOL. Great try! ;)

thanks ;) i'll try to find another way to know more soon...need to think about it first :D

hope you'll figure it out soon for the pic :o

lonely_star
May 15th, 2005, 07:54 PM
looks like the phone call theory is not the good one either...

http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost.php?p=4243526&postcount=1048

:S :( :(

sg-1fanintn really thanks for trying !! I'm so with you with all that!!!!

sg-1fanintn
May 15th, 2005, 07:56 PM
((((((((((((((TN)))))))))))))))))

You are in desperate need of shipper cookies!!!!!

http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/12/12_4_22.gif

Motion Sickeness Shipper Cookies - when eaten prevents motion sickness from TPTB shipper rollercoaster ride.

Hope it makes you feel better. :)

You are correct.....and thank you. I think I'll have a dozen!!!!!

Oma-1
May 15th, 2005, 07:57 PM
Here's Lida's Pic. Can you see it now Marion????

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v685/Oma-1/AT-RDA20kiss.jpg

Oma-1
May 15th, 2005, 08:00 PM
I know what you mean Mary - frustrating is just too nice a word for it. :( I know that a lot of tptb like JM, PM, PDL, MW and even BW are shipppers - but Robert Cooper isnt imo .... which does make me a bit worried ....

lonely_star
May 15th, 2005, 08:01 PM
yep I can !!!
YAY !! thanks Oma and nice one Lida !! Thanks to you guys !!!! ;) :p you rock !!! :D little something for you guys

http://img228.echo.cx/img228/3605/minimedal3et.png

hehe ;) :p

lonely_star
May 15th, 2005, 08:05 PM
I know what you mean Mary - frustrating is just too nice a word for it. :( I know that a lot of tptb like JM, PM, PDL, MW and even BW are shipppers - but Robert Cooper isnt imo .... which does make me a bit worried ....

oh wow !! all those letters!! I can feel the headache coming !! :D
but I share this feelings with you guys :S

Oma-1
May 15th, 2005, 08:06 PM
Glad to be of service. Could just be the hosting site then Lida. I use Photobucket mainly cos its really easy. For really big stuff I use Imageshack.

On the JM thread ..... here's one to put the cat among the pigeons....

We've all been wondering who would be in charge of SG-1 after Sam's return? Joe hasn't answered that question directly yet, but in another reply stated

"As for Carter outranking Mitchell...she does?"

*Groan* more stress! He's so not telling :(

melpomene
May 15th, 2005, 08:10 PM
Glad to be of service. Could just be the hosting site then Lida. I use Photobucket mainly cos its really easy. For really big stuff I use Imageshack.

On the JM thread ..... here's one to put the cat among the pigeons....

We've all been wondering who would be in charge of SG-1 after Sam's return? Joe hasn't answered that question directly yet, but in another reply stated

"As for Carter outranking Mitchell...she does?"

*Groan* more stress! He's so not telling :(

I thought Mitchel was going to be in charge of the air division. X302 and X303's and stuff like that. Maybe I'm wrong.

Oma-1
May 15th, 2005, 08:10 PM
Sorry, being lazy. That would be Joe Mallozi, Paul Mullie, Peter De Luise, Martin Wood and Brad Wright. (Lovely shippers that they are :p)

Shipper cookies are good for headaches. Maybe this one ...

Indigo Shipper Cookies - helps us all remain blissfully ignorant of anything negative to our ship

lonely_star
May 15th, 2005, 08:11 PM
I thought Mitchel was going to be in charge of the air division. X302 and X303's and stuff like that. Maybe I'm wrong.

really ?? what makes you think that ??

melpomene
May 15th, 2005, 08:12 PM
Oh yeah Oma. That's just my flavor.

melpomene
May 15th, 2005, 08:13 PM
really ?? what makes you think that ??

I thought I read it somewhere.(shrugs)

lonely_star
May 15th, 2005, 08:14 PM
Sorry, being lazy. That would be Joe Mallozi, Paul Mullie, Peter De Luise, Martin Wood and Brad Wright. (Lovely shippers that they are :p)

Shipper cookies are good for headaches. Maybe this one ...

Indigo Shipper Cookies - helps us all remain blissfully ignorant of anything negative to our ship

thanks i feel much better :D :p

i've read Joe answer too and I hope he'll say more about this Carter-Mitchell stuff cause obviously there's something there, I'd so like that they hate each other :rolleyes: well at least not a good friendship

Oma-1
May 15th, 2005, 08:14 PM
I thought he was part of SG-1 - but I could be completely wrong. Like I said, JM aint tellin' :(

Initial pics for Avalon show Mitchell in shot with Vala and the sword with Teal'c behind them. As far as I know, at the start of S9 SG-1 is either disbanded cos Sam is off for professional reasons, Mitchell has to go get Daniel from wherever he is - don't know about Teal'c. So what that means for SG-1 who knows? Although I would have thought with the focus of the show being SG-1 and gate travel again, I would have thought Mitchell is part of SG-1....

lonely_star
May 15th, 2005, 08:15 PM
I thought I read it somewhere.(shrugs)

oh ok...I have no idea about that I simply hope that Sam will kick his butt and be the boss of the team ;) go girl !!! :D

lonely_star
May 15th, 2005, 08:44 PM
wow !! need to say it to someone !! sorry if it's off topic ! I got my grades for the semester at the Uof Minnesota !! well at least two of them and got A and A- !! I'm so glad, not bad for someone who speaks english as a second language !! so thanks for helping me practising my english !!!! love you my family ! ;)

(see it's not totally OT!! :D and I'll add to that SAM AND JACK FOREVER!!!!)

ses110
May 15th, 2005, 09:08 PM
Oma you can bet the House Barrett will make a pass at Sam.If Barrett does not make a pass at Sam that means were all Living in an AU version of Earth.TPTB can have every character make a pass at Sam for all I care.I'am not watching Season 9.I used to be bother about the guest Star of the week and Sam not anymore.TPTB will lose out in the end not the Shippers.If something good happens regarding Sam and Jack I'll hear about it and I can always watch the repeat.Take that TPTB.

Oma-1
May 15th, 2005, 09:28 PM
wow !! need to say it to someone !! sorry if it's off topic ! I got my grades for the semester at the Uof Minnesota !! well at least two of them and got A and A- !! I'm so glad, not bad for someone who speaks english as a second language !! so thanks for helping me practising my english !!!! love you my family ! ;)

http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/36/36_2_25.gif CONGRATULATIONS!

That's fantastic! I think maybe a celebratory fishing trip is in order! I know this nice little cabin with a lake .....

melpomene
May 15th, 2005, 09:43 PM
oh ok...I have no idea about that I simply hope that Sam will kick his butt and be the boss of the team ;) go girl !!! :D

HEAR HEAR!!!

lonely_star
May 15th, 2005, 09:44 PM
http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/36/36_2_25.gif CONGRATULATIONS!

That's fantastic! I think maybe a celebratory fishing trip is in order! I know this nice little cabin with a lake .....

lol :D :D nice idea...but I don't want to disturb the two occupants already there ;) ...so instead i'll make a trip in my bed, and i'll see you all guys tomorrow ! ;)

((((((family))))))

aeromathlete
May 15th, 2005, 11:29 PM
Yeah, life's been reasonably hectic for the student here, so I haven't been posting as much as I used to. My university's on the quarter system, so we don't get out until mid-June, officially making me about the only person who's not at home with all my friends right now. And then I'm staying here this summer to do research, which means that I won't be going home until everybody else has already left to go back to school! Grr...

On the bright side, this summer should be pretty free for me in the evenings, which means I can sit back, relax, and enjoy my Sci-Fi Fridays! I love all the photo manips, speculations, discussions, and Mallozzi questionaires that have been floating around throughout this thread lately. It makes me pretty excited about Season 9 and what it will bring. And I don't think TPTB can seriously have Sam and/or Jack ending up with someone else. Actually, I'm beginning to resign to the possibility that they may never explicitly state that Sam and Jack are together, but I am willing to accept that course of action as long as we don't see them with other people in a consenting romantic situation. As long as they're true to each other with that respect, I'll be happy. So I think it'll be a good summer, from the SG-1 angle.

Ah...back to work.

Catysg1
May 16th, 2005, 02:00 AM
Yeah, life's been reasonably hectic for the student here, so I haven't been posting as much as I used to. My university's on the quarter system, so we don't get out until mid-June, officially making me about the only person who's not at home with all my friends right now. And then I'm staying here this summer to do research, which means that I won't be going home until everybody else has already left to go back to school! Grr...

On the bright side, this summer should be pretty free for me in the evenings, which means I can sit back, relax, and enjoy my Sci-Fi Fridays! I love all the photo manips, speculations, discussions, and Mallozzi questionaires that have been floating around throughout this thread lately. It makes me pretty excited about Season 9 and what it will bring. And I don't think TPTB can seriously have Sam and/or Jack ending up with someone else. Actually, I'm beginning to resign to the possibility that they may never explicitly state that Sam and Jack are together, but I am willing to accept that course of action as long as we don't see them with other people in a consenting romantic situation. As long as they're true to each other with that respect, I'll be happy. So I think it'll be a good summer, from the SG-1 angle.

Ah...back to work.

I also don't think that TPTB have the intention to have Sam and Jack not being together .I think they already are together but we won't see much of their intimacy on screen and perhaps not hear much of it as well .i think it's a done deal for them ..they are together and that's it .They will still give us the other guys like Barrett and Orlin making a pass at Sam because first of all , she won't be the one to ask them out ( She is already taken by the one she loves ) and second it's a good opportunity to make her say on screen that she is taken ..But I bet she will not mention Jack just because TPTB will still play their silly little game .She will just say " I'm with someone " or something like that . :S
If TPTB does that , then take it as a kick in the teeth to all shippers of the planet ..It's real bad and tasteless ..but this is what I expect to hear on screen in season 9 .

I would like a lot more than that ...and would love Sam to mention Jack's name when orlin and Barrett are asking her out but I doubt it . When Jack is there for Season 9 premiere , I would love him to mention Sam on a romantic note but I doubt it ..I'm not even sure we'll hear him say " Sam".... he may still mention "Colonel Carter " just to annoy the shippers a little bit more .

I'm so sick of it ..that I'm not even bothering going through the Countdown because deep down I know that their relationship will be hidden and not be talked much ..and if TPTB happens to have them get married at the very end ..it will be without credibility .

With JAG ( although I haven't seen the last episode) it was all credible because both actors were both there until the very end ..and we mostly saw them together in every single episode from beginning to the end . it 's not what 's gonna happen in SG1 between Sam and Jack ..their relationship will be off screen so I doubt the shows will end up with a wedding ...or if it does end with a wedding for S/J, it will be Daniel and Teal'c mentionning it like " OH , Sam and Jack ..sorry they can't be there , they're on their honeymoon" and fade to black ... :rolleyes:

Caty :)

Catysg1
May 16th, 2005, 02:11 AM
looks like the phone call theory is not the good one either...

http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost.php?p=4243526&postcount=1048

:S :( :(

sg-1fanintn really thanks for trying !! I'm so with you with all that!!!!

Well that's it then ..we know that Sam and Jack relationship will be unspoken :( It's pretty clear now ..If they are no phone calls ..then the only thing we can hope for is Sam talking about Jack on screen and I bet she'll do it through her Barrett and orlin episodes only :rolleyes: What a downer .. :eek:
Gosh I 'm not even looking forward to watch season 9 premiere anymore because I wonder how Jack is gonna mention Sam !!!..He'll probably say " Colonel Carter is on a mission somewhere " We may get a smile if we get lucky :rolleyes:

Catysg1
May 16th, 2005, 02:24 AM

I think what Joe's answer will be is:

You can be with somebody you love and still have other men making a pass at you ..specially if they don't know ..Sam won't be the one to ask or she 'll stay untouched ..and sweet in the shippers heart ..As for Barreet and Orlin ..most shippers loved them so they will excuse them for asking because first they fancy the girl and second ..they are trying to see if they can get a second chance ...we all know that Sam is not interested and she will say that she is taken ...but I doubt she'll mention Jack ..I see more something like that :)

Barrett : What about dinner ?!

Sam : Well I'm seeing someone and I try to devote most of my free time to him

Barrett : Same one !!!

Sam : No actually

Barrett : OH

We know how TPTB like the subtle and we do not want to upset a large part of the audience by Mentionning Jack's name :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Catysg1
May 16th, 2005, 02:36 AM

J.

True ..may be shippers will watch the show ( season 9 ) in the hope of getting something like a crumb between Sam and Jack ..what I'm surprised to hear is that shippers will be just happy if they hear Sam telling Barrett that she is seeing SOMEONE ..only without mentionning Jack's name ..I won't be happy with that ..If I hear Sam saying " I'm seeing SOMEONE at the moment " and she does not mention Jack's name then I think that's it for me .

I also think that shippers may not get season 8 and season 9 DVD's if TPTB messes up with them ..or am I wrong ?!!! and shippers will still get season 7, 8 and 9 no matter what !!! Surely NOT :eek:

I know lots of them have bought season 7 ( Fine it's their right to do so but it may show that you are right Darkquee1 )

.....and Pete was destroying the Sam and Jack relationship in season 7 ...he is in season 8 quite a lot ..and to me he kind of destroys the episodes I like ..so what I did is I recorded season 8 on DVD's but have no intention of getting season 8 official DVD's ..I don't even have season 7 DVD'S and I know for sure it's a no no for season 9 without any hesitation :S Shame but it's TPTB 's fault , not mine :)

Catysg1
May 16th, 2005, 02:44 AM
I posted this awhile back and dug it up because it went with what we're currently discussing...

I think that there's a good chance that Barrett's appearance could in a nuanced kind of way work to reinforce the Sam/Jack ship...but I believe it will be very subtle...

I see something like this:

Barrett and Sam are talking over whatever it is they're working on together...Sam heads over to the computer and starts typing... Barrett sees this as an opportunity to spark a conversation:

Barrett: So, uh, I noticed you're not wearing a ring.
Sam (surprised at his bluntness): No...no I'm not.
Barrett (hems and haws a little): You know, that dinner invitation is still open.
Sam (turns to face him, humored by his poor sense of timing, and then turns back to the computer): Sorry, Barrett, but I'm involved with someone.
Barrett (a little embarrassed): Oh, really? Same guy?
Sam (tersely, hoping the conversation ends sooner rather than later): No.
Barrett (feeling uneasy, but in too deep to let it drop just yet): So, um, is it serious?
Sam (grinning coyly): You might say that.
Sam and Barrett exchange an awkward glance before they continue working.

This is exactly what I think will happen ...I did a scenario much similar to yours before I read yours ...except mine does not include the ring talk ..I think TPTB will be even more subtle than that for a change :rolleyes: and I' m not looking forward to hear the " involved with SOMEONE " only ..I think if she mentions SOMEONE only is a kick in the teeth to all the shippers ...just because Jack is not just SOMEONE like Pete was ..and also if TPTB do not want to mention the name of Jack on screen coming out from Sam's mouth ..then obviously this means that the rest of the show will be done in a similar way regarding the Sam and Jack ship :(

Catysg1
May 16th, 2005, 02:54 AM
wow ! Joe asnwered a question of mine!! cool !! unfortunately my little stratagem didn't function !!! lol
see question 2 to understand !! : http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost.php?p=4243502&postcount=1045

so in a word, not a lot of chance that they filmed stuff after threads of Moebius to use it at the beginning of season9... :o

hope he'll answer the new ones now because I wrote this one a long time ago, I thought he'd never answered !!! there's still hope ;)

About Shooting a scene from season 8 let's say which they kept only to use it for season 9 ....(no clip shows but something which was not in the previous season ) I have heard that was illegal ..and I got that answer from the x-files TPTB one day ..so I suppose it's the same for all shows and it applies to SG1 too .

florence
May 16th, 2005, 03:02 AM
Sorry but I have to disagree with people saying that shippers shouldn't watch season 9 because there won't be SJ ship or that they shouldn't even buy S7 and S8 DVD.
I'm a SJ shipper, I bought S7 DVD and I will buy S8 DVD when they'll come out (16th August in France for the S8 stargate-shaped boxset).
Why ? Because I'm a SG fan first before being a shipper. And because I want to see all the bonus (commentaries, behind the scenes...) we don't have if we're watching the show only on TV (in France, we don't have Lowdown or things like that).
And I will watch S9 (at least the beginning) not to find if TPTB give us some little hints about SJ ship but because I want to know how the new team will go on.

I didn't enjoy the last 2 seasons as much as the other ones, not because of the SJ ship but because stories were not as good as before. I want to know how they're going to do now that RDA is gone. So I'll watch the beginning of S9.
BUT if I feel that it's not going in the right direction (I mean the direction I want to see), that's it, I'll leave the show and go to Atlantis.
Actually this year I had much more fun watching Atlantis than watching SG1. Maybe because it's all new and because there's so many things and stories to explore, more than in a 8-year-old show.
That's my position and I'll stick to it until July. Wait and see... ;)

girlgater
May 16th, 2005, 05:25 AM
I've got a scenario rolling around in my head that would be a good way for Jack/Sam to admit their relationship...

We all know that Jack is going to be in Washington. What if he ran into Kerry??? She could mention something about him resigning from the AF and going into the civilian sector. He could reply that "yes, he had." Kerry could then ask..."and what about Colonel Carter?" Jack could smile sweetly and say, "you know...you really do give good advice." Kerry could then ask..."so, are you two finally together"? He could then simply reply "Yes."

Whatcha think?

pittsburghgirl
May 16th, 2005, 05:56 AM
I've got a scenario rolling around in my head that would be a good way for Jack/Sam to admit their relationship...

We all know that Jack is going to be in Washington. What if he ran into Kerry??? She could mention something about him resigning from the AF and going into the civilian sector. He could reply that "yes, he had." Kerry could then ask..."and what about Colonel Carter?" Jack could smile sweetly and say, "you know...you really do give good advice." Kerry could then ask..."so, are you two finally together"? He could then simply reply "Yes."

Whatcha think?
as nice as that would be-for the Boys in Vancouver that would be too much information and far to definite-the Masters of the Vague would nevere do that.

Rogue
May 16th, 2005, 05:58 AM
Sorry but I have to disagree with people saying that shippers shouldn't watch season 9 because there won't be SJ ship or that they shouldn't even buy S7 and S8 DVD.
I'm a SJ shipper, I bought S7 DVD and I will buy S8 DVD when they'll come out (16th August in France for the S8 stargate-shaped boxset).
Why ? Because I'm a SG fan first before being a shipper. And because I want to see all the bonus (commentaries, behind the scenes...) we don't have if we're watching the show only on TV (in France, we don't have Lowdown or things like that).
And I will watch S9 (at least the beginning) not to find if TPTB give us some little hints about SJ ship but because I want to know how the new team will go on.

I didn't enjoy the last 2 seasons as much as the other ones, not because of the SJ ship but because stories were not as good as before. I want to know how they're going to do now that RDA is gone. So I'll watch the beginning of S9.
BUT if I feel that it's not going in the right direction (I mean the direction I want to see), that's it, I'll leave the show and go to Atlantis.
Actually this year I had much more fun watching Atlantis than watching SG1. Maybe because it's all new and because there's so many things and stories to explore, more than in a 8-year-old show.

I don't watch Stargate for Sam/Jack ship. I watch it for the sci-fi, team interaction, humor, good stories and action. IMO, most of that was missing in season 8. Even though in past seasons the Sam and Jack ship was lacking, I still enjoyed the working relationship between them. Season 8 had too much tension between Sam and Jack. I didn't enjoy it at all. To me, season 8 was full of missed opportunities. It could have been a great season. As far as buying Season 8 DVD, I probably will eventually just to complete my collection. The only eps that will be on my replay list is Gemini, Reckoning II and Good to Be King. I might replay Threads again, but only the Sam/Jacob and Sam/Jack scenes. The rest I could have done without. Moebius I and II are so forgettable, my husband forgot he even watch them.

Rogue
May 16th, 2005, 05:59 AM

Whatcha think?

Do we really want to see her again?

pittsburghgirl
May 16th, 2005, 06:00 AM
Part of the reason I will no purchase season 8 is becuz it seriously sucked. As bad as season 7 was-there were some redeeming episodes-but I can't say the same for season 8. I think the only re-run of 8 i have seen so far is It's Good to Be King. And only for Maybourne.

pittsburghgirl
May 16th, 2005, 06:01 AM
Do we really want to see her again?
only if she there to kick Jack's behind.

Rogue
May 16th, 2005, 06:10 AM
only if she there to kick Jack's behind.

Well if Jack needs another butt kicking, then its time for Sam to move on.

girlgater
May 16th, 2005, 06:21 AM
The only reason I would want to see Kerry again would be for Jack to verify that he and Sam are together. All in all, she wasn't a bad person, she just picked the wrong guy (one that settled for her 'cause he didn't think he could be with Sam). Kerry, I thought, was very respectable in stepping out the way once she found out where Jack's heart truly was. So, yes, if it meant an admission, sure, I'd like to see her again. (Don't even ask me about Pete--cause that answer is a big and definite No).

Rogue
May 16th, 2005, 07:18 AM
The only reason I would want to see Kerry again would be for Jack to verify that he and Sam are together. All in all, she wasn't a bad person, she just picked the wrong guy (one that settled for her 'cause he didn't think he could be with Sam). Kerry, I thought, was very respectable in stepping out the way once she found out where Jack's heart truly was. So, yes, if it meant an admission, sure, I'd like to see her again. (Don't even ask me about Pete--cause that answer is a big and definite No).

Kerry stepped down for herself. She was starting to have feelings for a man who couldn't return the feelings. No woman wants to be dating a man thats in love with someone else. She would always be wondering if he is thinking of Sam or would he rather be with Sam than me. I think it show that she did care for Jack by suggesting he do something.

So I don't have a problem with Kerry, but just like Pete, I really don't want to see the significant others again.

pittsburghgirl
May 16th, 2005, 07:23 AM
Kerry stepped down for herself. She was starting to have feelings for a man who couldn't return the feelings. No woman wants to be dating a man thats in love with someone else. She would always be wondering if he is thinking of Sam or would he rather be with Sam than me. I think it show that she did care for Jack by suggesting he do something.

So I don't have a problem with Kerry, but just like Pete, I really don't want to see the significant others again.
well i believe her to be a one hit wonder-which i suspect pete was supposed to be. but this parade of old boyfriends or would be boyfriends annoys the heck out of me. But seriously-we really do not have the first clue as to what they are planning-we may suspect we do-but until the actual episode airs-remember the picture of Sam kissing Daniel?????-it never happened-so until it is hard copy on the screen...

Rogue
May 16th, 2005, 07:38 AM
well i believe her to be a one hit wonder-which i suspect pete was supposed to be. but this parade of old boyfriends or would be boyfriends annoys the heck out of me. But seriously-we really do not have the first clue as to what they are planning-we may suspect we do-but until the actual episode airs-remember the picture of Sam kissing Daniel?????-it never happened-so until it is hard copy on the screen...

Well, if you think about it there are not a whole lot of women Sam has worked with in the past. I just hope they keep it professsional.

pittsburghgirl
May 16th, 2005, 07:46 AM
Well, if you think about it there are not a whole lot of women Sam has worked with in the past. I just hope they keep it professsional.
the only professional woman Sam had worked with -with any consistency is Janet. They killed her off-for no good reason-in season 7 and left her to herself. No wonder the poor woman was confused-she didn't have anyone to confide in. Teal'c would have told her to body tackle him-Daniel would have talked her to death. Jack was just no approachable-wait-he was-but neither one of them spoke directly to each other-they spoke around each other. Think Reckoning-they actually had a conversation-and all of sudden they didn't.

Daniel's_twin
May 16th, 2005, 07:51 AM
the only professional woman Sam had worked with -with any consistency is Janet. They killed her off-for no good reason-in season 7 and left her to herself. No wonder the poor woman was confused-she didn't have anyone to confide in. Teal'c would have told her to body tackle him-Daniel would have talked her to death. Jack was just no approachable-wait-he was-but neither one of them spoke directly to each other-they spoke around each other. Think Reckoning-they actually had a conversation-and all of sudden they didn't.

Good summary of it all. :cool:

Lida
May 16th, 2005, 08:02 AM

Well, at least Sam did get to work with "Samantha", although only briefly, in Point of View. :)

But you are correct, there is a decided lack of professional women in the SGC. Dr. Frasier was the only female we saw of equal intelligence and "ranK" (sorry, Janet should have been at least a Major, not a Capt.), consistently, for almost 7 years......now who are we going to get? The daughter of the new commander of the SGC? I sometimes wonder if TPTB are eating too many Fruit Loops for breakfast. :o

Rogue
May 16th, 2005, 08:02 AM

I love Reckoning II except for the part at the end. They looked so comfortable with each other, then Jack realized he was getting too close and shut down. The way he did it was very hurtful. Its amazing after that Sam had the guts to go talk to him.

LOL4JACK
May 16th, 2005, 08:26 AM
I love Reckoning II except for the part at the end. They looked so comfortable with each other, then Jack realized he was getting too close and shut down. The way he did it was very hurtful. Its amazing after that Sam had the guts to go talk to him.
I'm lost or I don't have any memories of Reckoning.... where did this happen?

Rogue
May 16th, 2005, 08:32 AM
I'm lost or I don't have any memories of Reckoning.... where did this happen?

At the very end. Season 8 . They were having a great conversation walking to Jacks office. Once the conversation ended in his office he dissmissed her.

pittsburghgirl
May 16th, 2005, 08:37 AM
I still think she saw something or she has to be the most stupid woman on the face of the planet. either that or a glutton for punishment-I still haven't figured which

Rogue
May 16th, 2005, 08:38 AM
I still think she saw something or she has to be the most stupid woman on the face of the planet. either that or a glutton for punishment-I still haven't figured which

Or a victim of poor writing!

pittsburghgirl
May 16th, 2005, 08:41 AM
At the very end. Season 8 . They were having a great conversation walking to Jacks office. Once the conversation ended in his office he dissmissed her.
jack was to afraid that he was getting close to her again-feeling that distance being the better part of valor.

lonely_star
May 16th, 2005, 08:48 AM

thanks Florence !! it's exactly what I wanted to say in my previous post but I think I wasn't very clear !! :D i'll watch the season because i'm SG fan before being a shipper and as much as I enjoy Sam and Jack I'm not extreme with that and the abscence of phone calls or scenes between the two of them won't make me leave the show. I'm sure we'll have more than a "colonel carter", don't forget that we also have Daniel and T, they can also refer to them as an item and if they do so then i'll be happy with that. Just want a confirmation and see what the new team looks like. Then I'll wait until Sam comes back and whatever happens I'll probably watch it cause I like Amanda Tapping. I keep in mind that the show as we know it finished in season8 and so I'm not expecting too much.

I think you guys panick too much, stay cool and wait. We have no idea about what is gonna happen with Orlin and Barret maybe she will clearly say Jack's name maybe not, and if she doesn't I won't take it as a kick in our teeth. I mean it respects the character and her personnality, IMO, Sam is not the kind of people to talk a lot about her personnal life and it's not because she's with Jack that it shoud change. I'd love it to change but I won't be too upset if it doesn't.

hope I didn't offend anyone, it's just my opinion, and thanks Florence for making it clear cause obviously this attempt to do it (again) is not more successful than the previous one !! :D can't really express what I want but I think my point is clear, at least I hope

LOL4JACK
May 16th, 2005, 09:10 AM
THanks... read the transcript, Damn! :D

pittsburghgirl
May 16th, 2005, 09:35 AM
Or a victim of poor writing!
that 2!

sg-1fanintn
May 16th, 2005, 09:56 AM
Well that's it then ..we know that Sam and Jack relationship will be unspoken :( It's pretty clear now ..If they are no phone calls ..then the only thing we can hope for is Sam talking about Jack on screen and I bet she'll do it through her Barrett and orlin episodes only :rolleyes: What a downer .. :eek:
Gosh I 'm not even looking forward to watch season 9 premiere anymore because I wonder how Jack is gonna mention Sam !!!..He'll probably say " Colonel Carter is on a mission somewhere " We may get a smile if we get lucky :rolleyes:

Oh, pooh! That isn't it, either! Don't believe a word Joe says! He's just having a great time messing with our heads. Frankly, I'm tired of it.

We've been waiting almost two months, and have almost another eight weeks go go before S9 premiere, and they haven't dropped us a single spoiler on S/J. Oh, Joe's perfectly willing to give away most of the plot for The Fourth Horseman, but give away anything on S/J? That would be a big no-no. He has responded to two of my ship questions, and didn't answer either one of them. I think I'm going to stay away from his thread unless one of you sees something and lets me know I need to look.

I'm tired of TPTB toying with us. I'm still relatively new to fandom, but has there ever been a season when they've dropped this few hints? Just wondered. I can't believe they'd spend so much of the last two years building us up to where they did in S8, then take it all away. What would be the purpose? To ruin the entire series for a big percentage of the fan base? That would be so dumb! Oma-1, do you have some more of those calming shipper cookies? I seem to be in a rage again! Grrrr!

On a more pleasant note:

:) :p :o Congrats on those grades, Lonely Star! :) :o :rolleyes:

Rogue
May 16th, 2005, 10:39 AM
Oh, pooh! That isn't it, either! Don't believe a word Joe says! He's just having a great time messing with our heads. Frankly, I'm tired of it.

We've been waiting almost two months, and have almost another eight weeks go go before S9 premiere, and they haven't dropped us a single spoiler on S/J. Oh, Joe's perfectly willing to give away most of the plot for The Fourth Horseman, but give away anything on S/J? That would be a big no-no. He has responded to two of my ship questions, and didn't answer either one of them. I think I'm going to stay away from his thread unless one of you sees something and lets me know I need to look.

I'm tired of TPTB toying with us. I'm still relatively new to fandom, but has there ever been a season when they've dropped this few hints? Just wondered. I can't believe they'd spend so much of the last two years building us up to where they did in S8, then take it all away. What would be the purpose? To ruin the entire series for a big percentage of the fan base? That would be so dumb! Oma-1, do you have some more of those calming shipper cookies? I seem to be in a rage again! Grrrr!

On a more pleasant note:

Yep, they are still playing games with the shippers. I don't see them ending the S/J relationship, I just don't think they are going to acknowledge it.

gatebee
May 16th, 2005, 10:47 AM

Congratulation and your price for A's a little R & R with Sam and Jack

lonely_star
May 16th, 2005, 10:57 AM

On a more pleasant note:

thanks !!! :D

about S&J I'm new too so can't say but let's hope, anyway I'll let you know as soon as he shows up again and maybe this time he'll answer more but he seems he is very late on the questions and answered old ones so maybe next time he'll give us more...yes I know I'm dreaming !! :rolleyes:

let's be patient...the probleme that maybe there is no more he can say because it won't be so much S&J ship next season and so he doesn't want to give everyhting but in all the case it's very frustrating and I think I'll have some of those cookies too !!! :D

lonely_star
May 16th, 2005, 11:00 AM
Congratulation and your price for A's a little R & R with Sam and Jack

thanks Gatebee...but what is R&R ?? I know it's stupid maybe but I'm still french, even if I live in the Us, at least for now :(

pittsburghgirl
May 16th, 2005, 11:04 AM
thanks Gatebee...but what is R&R ?? I know it's stupid maybe but I'm still french, even if I live in the Us, at least for now :(
R est and R elaxation

lonely_star
May 16th, 2005, 11:27 AM
R est and R elaxation

oh ok !! I'm IN !!! always reading for a little relaxation with Jack !! :D not just kidding don't lynch me !!! please !!! he's for Sam!! always !!!

pittsburghgirl
May 16th, 2005, 11:31 AM
Yep, they are still playing games with the shippers. I don't see them ending the S/J relationship, I just don't think they are going to acknowledge it.
sam and jack-sam and jack-who the heck are they?

Gatetrixer
May 16th, 2005, 12:49 PM

Whatcha think?

I wouldn't mind a scene like that in fanfic but I don't want to see Kerry on the show again--EVER. It's just too scary to think of her in Washington and Jack there too............ And what TPTB might do with that!!!

LOL4JACK
May 16th, 2005, 01:05 PM
I wouldn't mind a scene like that in fanfic but I don't want to see Kerry on the show again--EVER. It's just too scary to think of her in Washington and Jack there too............ And what TPTB might do with that!!!
I'm suddenly hearing the bathroom music of "Psicosis" the movie from Alfred Hitchcock in my mind.... yep.... no Kerry in DC... :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Let's send her to Alaska :D

melpomene
May 16th, 2005, 01:06 PM
oh ok !! I'm IN !!! always reading for a little relaxation with Jack !! :D not just kidding don't lynch me !!! please !!! he's for Sam!! always !!!

That's what the Jack Clones are for ;) Sam gets the original, we take what's left, no lynching neccesary :)

melpomene
May 16th, 2005, 01:09 PM
I'm suddenly hearing the bathroom music of "Psicosis" the movie from Alfred Hitchcock in my mind.... yep.... no Kerry in DC... :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Let's send her to Alaska :D

How about the Arctic? Not Antarctica, cuz it's
sam and Jack's place, but I think the Arctic is free(and a long ways away..)

gatebee
May 16th, 2005, 01:19 PM
Didn't see anyone answer, but it's Revisions, right?

yes correct S7 Revision...sorry had been away for 34 hours

Rogue
May 16th, 2005, 01:20 PM
How about the Arctic? Not Antarctica, cuz it's
sam and Jack's place, but I think the Arctic is free(and a long ways away..)

Maybe we can get the Tokra to drop her off on Maybourns planet.

Oma-1
May 16th, 2005, 01:24 PM
Oma-1, do you have some more of those calming shipper cookies? I seem to be in a rage again! Grrrr!

Comin right up :D http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/12/12_4_22.gif

Here ya go TN. These should do the trick.

Blue Shipper Cookies - Dreamy Shipper Bliss

Mei Mei's Special Happy Pill Shipper Cookie - They are made from the combined ingredients of mei mei's medicine cabinet. It allows shippers to be in a drugged induced haze to prevent them from losing their minds!

We'll keep the Naquadah Enhanced Cookies in reserve - just in case the symptoms worsen.

*mustn't forget to thank Ship Nana*

http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/4/4_17_11.gif
Most wonderful Ship Nana, we thank you for your shipper cookies :D

sg-1fanintn
May 16th, 2005, 01:26 PM
The way I've been feeling since Joe acknowledge my questions, those Naquadah-enhanced ones may be the only ones that will do!!!!! :eek: :eek:

I'm feeling quite snarky! :cool: :cool: :eek:

Oma-1
May 16th, 2005, 01:31 PM
That's what the Jack Clones are for ;) Sam gets the original, we take what's left, no lynching neccesary :)

Fantastic idea Mel! I've not had my Jack clone out of his little cupboard for ages! I've so neglected him :( Time to party with the clones :D

For those poor shippers who don't yet have their very own Jack clone .....Get Your Jack Clone Here :D (http://pixies-bookshelf.com/tvland/sg1/clone_order.html)

Oma-1
May 16th, 2005, 01:36 PM
The way I've been feeling since Joe acknowledge my questions, those Naquadah-enhanced ones may be the only ones that will do!!!!! :eek: :eek:

I'm feeling quite snarky! :cool: :cool: :eek:

Oh no! Time to get the big guns out. Here ya go.

Gray Shipper Cookies - Snarkiness Shipper Cookie

*health warning*

Naquadah Enhanced Anti-Ranting Shipper Cookies – If you have to eat these Shipper Cookies you are so desperate that you probably won't care what they are for.
P.S. - Disclaimer - Since these Shipper Cookies are probably radioactive please take the appropriate precautions when handling.

Oma-1
May 16th, 2005, 01:44 PM
Since we all seem to be going for snarky at the moment, lets conduct a quick poll.

Which ep best suits your mood today and why?

lonely_star
May 16th, 2005, 01:50 PM
Fantastic idea Mel! I've not had my Jack clone out of his little cupboard for ages! I've so neglected him :( Time to party with the clones :D

For those poor shippers who don't yet have their very own Jack clone .....Get Your Jack Clone Here :D (http://pixies-bookshelf.com/tvland/sg1/clone_order.html)

wow! that's so fun !!!! :D :D love that !! very funny !! ;) I ordered y jack clone so I can celebrate my grades with him going fishing in Minnesota before I leave for France ;) i'll send you guys a postcard :D

thanks for the cookies Oma, but I let the Naquadah Enhanced Anti-Ranting Shipper Cookies for sg-1fanintn it seems she needs them more than I do..

sg-1fanintn you should try to order a clone you'll feel better after ;) :D

lonely_star
May 16th, 2005, 01:53 PM
Since we all seem to be going for snarky at the moment, lets conduct a quick poll.

hehe Windows of Opportunity !! cause I don't have a lot of time to go until thursday when I'll be leaving the US to go back to France and so i'd like to be in a loop so I 'd have all the time I want to celebrate the end of the semester and say bye to my friends ! and so I could watch shippy episodes over and over again !! without paying attention to anything else! and I could read fanfics all the day !!!! :D

and I so feel like laughing today I need a good dose of laughter and humor so without hesitation WoO !!!! :D :D what about you Oma ??

sg-1fanintn
May 16th, 2005, 01:58 PM
thanks for the cookies Oma, but I let the Naquadah Enhanced Anti-Ranting Shipper Cookies for sg-1fanintn it seems she needs them more than I do..

sg-1fanintn you should try to order a clone you'll feel better after ;) :D

Yes.....send them all my way.

I think the episode that best suits my mood today is Window of Opportunity, but not for the usual shippy reasons. Instead, I'm frustrated that TPTB keep repeating their shoddy treatment of J/S shippers! But no matter how long it lasts, I'm not kissing Joe Mallozzi! :eek: :eek:

Now, if we could find Jack.......I'd warm him up for Sam! :p :p :p

Oma-1
May 16th, 2005, 02:01 PM
I hope you have lots of fun with your Clone before you go home :D

WoO sounds great :p Looping with S&J is the best way to spend the day ;)

Initially today after reading the thread, I was in an Abyss mood (that would be me holding the knife - but not at Jack *cough*) but the Blue Shipper Cookies seem to be working their magic and I'm starting to mellow. Mmmmmmmmmm .......... I think I'm just passing S6 Frozen (out of it completely a la Jack, but ready to beg tptb not to disappoint us a la Sam) and landing in BTS with the warm fuzzy feeling Sam has when she's laughing at Jack's "feeling feelings for Tor" moment.

Yep, definitely warm and fuzzy. My Jack clone and the blue shipper cookies are working their magic. :)

lonely_star
May 16th, 2005, 02:02 PM

I think the episode that best suits my mood today is Window of Opportunity, but not for the usual shippy reasons. Instead, I'm frustrated that TPTB keep repeating their shoddy treatment of J/S shippers! But no matter how long it lasts, I'm not kissing Joe Mallozzi! :eek: :eek:

:eek: :eek: :D :D :D good one !! same episode different story !! I should have thought about the waring thing !! :D :D :D

Rogue
May 16th, 2005, 02:05 PM
Well this is how I feel.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v474/mkmoulder/Stargate/PDVD_031.jpg

I am Sam and someone took the last blue jello!

lonely_star
May 16th, 2005, 02:13 PM
Well this is how I feel.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v474/mkmoulder/Stargate/PDVD_031.jpg

I am Sam and someone took the last blue jello!

:eek: :S I think someone else needs some cookies! :(

Oma-1
May 16th, 2005, 02:13 PM

I think we'd all have Gen Hammond's expression at that! :eek:

I was just looking in my pics for that expression when I came across this

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v685/Oma-1/samjack_angst.jpg

I don't have a clue where I picked it up from, but isn't it great? Definitely what the doc ordered.

lonely_star
May 16th, 2005, 02:23 PM
I think we'd all have Gen Hammond's expression at that! :eek:

I was just looking in my pics for that expression when I came across this

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v685/Oma-1/samjack_angst.jpg

I don't have a clue where I picked it up from, but isn't it great? Definitely what the doc ordered.

:eek: :eek: wow !!! who did that !!!??? that's great !!! thanks Oma for the prescription!! ;) feel a lot better !!! :p that's great !!

Oma-1
May 16th, 2005, 02:28 PM
(((((((((Rogue))))))))))))

(((((((((((TN))))))))))))))

Boy are we feeling it today. The closer we get to S9 the more anxious I become. I'm usually pretty optimistic and can see the bigger picture rather than the minutiae of the individual eps and worrying about what's not going to happen. But I found myself today thinking how much I'm going to miss Jack.

That warm fuzzy feeling didn't last long did it. I'm getting all melancholy now. I really hope that Jack comes back for S10. I survived S6 without Daniel (I was really upset when he ascended at the end of S5 - not quite as badly as Citizen Joe was, but I was coming close :rolleyes: ). But I'm so much more attached to Jack and shipping for Jack & Sam, its gonna be 10 times worse. The only crumb of comfort is that Jack isn't being killed off by RDA's request - so that gives us that glimmer of hope for a return.

I think I need some of those shipper cookies too. I hope ya didn't scoff 'em all TN!

ses110
May 16th, 2005, 02:31 PM
Caty IMO as long as a large number of Shippers watch Season 9 nothing will change with the Sam and Jack Ship.Being Good Loyal viewers has done nothing for the Shippers.I was going to watch Epiosdes 1 and 3 with RDA and AT first episode back and now I'am not watching any episodes.Season 9 has very little Jack and Sam with the guest Star of the Week.That's 2 great reasons to stay away.I cannot blame TPTB for RDA schedule but I can blame TPTB for not resolving the Ship at the end of Season 8 and bringing back Sam's Man Friends.When TPTB give me what I want I'll watch there Show.

LOL4JACK
May 16th, 2005, 02:37 PM
(((((SHIPPER Family)))))))

I definitly love this place, thanks for the Laughs.....

I think I feel like Jack in Small Victories... wanting to kill all those Bugs so I can finally go fishing..... but also not inviting Joe....

So for Joe, no kiss from sg-1fanintn, no cookies from Oma and no fishing trip from me! :D:D:D

Lonely Star, will you be shipping from France?

ses110
May 16th, 2005, 02:37 PM
pittsburghgirl I though IGTBK was the best of a Lousy Season.The epsiode reminded me of a Time when SG-1 was a great Show.Even thought the Sam and Jack Ship was not great I really enjoyed the episode.

Uber
May 16th, 2005, 02:42 PM
I agree with you...especially the two sentences I highlighted. I am a Stargate fan first and foremost...then I'm a Sam/Jack fan. The Sam/Jack element is something that adds to my enjoyment of the series greatly and I will miss the onscreen chemistry between AT and RDA...and I will confess to hoping that RDA will make more visits than we are told about on this forum or by TPTB.

And since Sam's my favorite character, it'll be hard to watch the first several eps without her around...but I'll have to in order to have one frelling clue as to the new story arcs.

Back to Sam and Jack...I don't think we'll get a huge resolution like we all want because they have to leave the door open for possible movies and the future of the franchise...but I think because they decided to focus so much attention on Sam and Jack at the end of Season 8 and that it veered more in our direction than the anti-shipper's direction, I have hope that we'll have some sort of acknowledgement...in the vague PTB way of course...but something that stays true to the sweeping Sam/Jack story arc...

lonely_star
May 16th, 2005, 02:44 PM
Lonely Star, will you be shipping from France?

:eek: are you kidding!!??? sure I will !! and even if the season9 sucks and has no Sam & Jack moments i'll be there to remnid you the old good times and posting some caps, and If I have time I'll learn about Photoshop ;)

I love my family so much now I couldn't live without ;) France or not France! Internet has no limits and that is cool !!!

as for the cookies I think we should cook some more it looks like the whole family needs some!! :rolleyes:

(((((((family))))))

Catysg1
May 16th, 2005, 03:11 PM
I don't watch Stargate for Sam/Jack ship. I watch it for the sci-fi, team interaction, humor, good stories and action. IMO, most of that was missing in season 8. Even though in past seasons the Sam and Jack ship was lacking, I still enjoyed the working relationship between them. Season 8 had too much tension between Sam and Jack. I didn't enjoy it at all. To me, season 8 was full of missed opportunities. It could have been a great season. As far as buying Season 8 DVD, I probably will eventually just to complete my collection. The only eps that will be on my replay list is Gemini, Reckoning II and Good to Be King. I might replay Threads again, but only the Sam/Jacob and Sam/Jack scenes. The rest I could have done without. Moebius I and II are so forgettable, my husband forgot he even watch them.

Of course everybody watches a show for other things than ship at least to start with ..I mean the ship becomes part of the story when well done ..It has not been part of the storyline for season 7 and 8 Sam and Jack though ..before yes without a doubt and it was great because it was mixed into the sci-fi plot and the ship becomes a complement to any shows and is an important part of it . :) except for a few shows where I don't look for ship at all or let's say disregard any ship like Atlantis, CSI Las Vegas and Cold Case .I only watch those 3 shows purely for the stories and in CSI and cold case ..I just love the music , the songs and the editing :) Smashing :)

About buying the DVD's everybody is different but for me ..I record the episodes on DVD's already so that I have good quality episodes if I decide to share with my friends or rewatch them..but I would find it really sad to spend money on a boxset where I know that most episodes were not that good and I would prefer to buy DVD's from another show where the season is outstanding .
I'm not bothered about the commentaries because of what I heard so far ..they are more upsetting than anything else in season 7 ..so I expect the commentaries for season 8 to be much worse .

That's just me ..I have no intention to complete my SG1 collection ..I stopped at season 6 and the rest is recorded on DVD's ...I did the same with the x-files ..I got the boxset DVD's up to season 7 but only taped season 8 and 9 ..and still I rewatch them if I fancy wiewing one of the 2 last seasons episodes ...I rewatched "Within " and "Without" season 8 from a VHS tape the other day and it was great ;)

May be when I know the outcome of Sam and Jack ..at the end ..and if they have the end they deserve ...then, I may get the DVD's and may enjoy them better ..but at the moment ...I wait ..I waited for the x-files ( still waiting for movie 2 before I can buy season 8 and 9 x-files DVD'S ) so I'm prepared to wait a long time . :) It may be all worth it at the end :)

and Sam and Jack forever together in season 9 preferably at the beginning , if not both on screen for the finale episode for a big honking kiss ;)

Caty :)

Catysg1
May 16th, 2005, 03:31 PM
Caty IMO as long as a large number of Shippers watch Season 9 nothing will change with the Sam and Jack Ship.Being Good Loyal viewers has done nothing for the Shippers.I was going to watch Epiosdes 1 and 3 with RDA and AT first episode back and now I'am not watching any episodes.Season 9 has very little Jack and Sam with the guest Star of the Week.That's 2 great reasons to stay away.I cannot blame TPTB for RDA schedule but I can blame TPTB for not resolving the Ship at the end of Season 8 and bringing back Sam's Man Friends.When TPTB give me what I want I'll watch there Show.

(((Ses)))Yes I know and I 'm losing my interest big time . I don't think I'll be making more Sam and Jack videos ..I think I exausted my passion for the show and the ship ..and I must move on and do other things with other shows like I always do .. I think I will watch season 9 premiere though ..I want to see what they gonna do with the new team and the Sam and Jack ship ...but I won't expect much and well we'll see what the season 9 premiere has to offer but I won't watch more of season 9 if I think TPTB is
toying with the shippers in a bad way .

I stopped watching Atlantis half way through season 1 ..so I can do it for Season 9 SG1 specially when I know that RDA won't be around ...shoudn't be difficult to let that season go considering RDA /Jack is the soul of the show :) I may watch episode 5 ... Sam 's return just to see where she went and how she is being re-instated into SGC ..and I'm curious if she will mention Jack ..so for Sam and AT ..I'll watch that one too.
I may be blown away by season 9 and watch it all !!!!!..but so far ..I don't think so .

And seems like I can't give any green jello to anybody at the moment :(

Token
May 16th, 2005, 03:46 PM
ses, I hate to say it, but whether Shippers watch Season 9 or not won't make any difference at all. I say this because TPTB are making soooo many changes to Season 9 that it will be impossible to attribute declining ratings to just one aspect of the show. Most likely any declining ratings will be attributed to RDA leaving. I think the best "voice" of the Shippers would be to write TPTB concerning their feelings. An influx of mail would give them tangible evidence of Shippers; however, I don't hold much hope for anything changing what Rob Cooper already has decided.

ses110
May 16th, 2005, 04:52 PM
Token your right but it will make me feel better that I'am not helping the ratings.I would never write TPTB.There not worth my Time.I'am doing my part by not Buying Season 7 and 8 and not watching Season 9.I have no problem admitting the Ship is the only thing left in the Show I care about.I have to say even the Ship is not worth watching every Season 9 episode just to hear if Sam mentions Jack.

sg-1fanintn
May 16th, 2005, 06:10 PM
Apparently we're not the only group of viewers who are a little put out (More naquadah-enhanced cookies, please, Oma-1) with some of Joe's answers. This snippet concerns a question asked about the Daedelus on Martin Gero's SGA thread.

I think Joe's just being awkward. Oh, and an ass. I think we should dress him up as a Furling as punishment :P
:P)

Gee, and this guy just asked about a ship.....not THE SHIP! :rolleyes:

Token
May 16th, 2005, 07:31 PM
Token your right but it will make me feel better that I'am not helping the ratings.I would never write TPTB.There not worth my Time.I'am doing my part by not Buying Season 7 and 8 and not watching Season 9.I have no problem admitting the Ship is the only thing left in the Show I care about.I have to say even the Ship is not worth watching every Season 9 episode just to hear if Sam mentions Jack.
I'm glad not watching will make you feel better. (((ses))) I truly mean that! I'm not sure anything would make me feel bet-ter except Jack & Sam having HWMS :cool: :p . Just kidding! Some of the shine is definitely off my enjoyment of Stargate. :( I will watch the "new" team, but I'm not canceling any plans for Friday nights to watch. Video or reruns will work for me. Of course, if we have some juicy spoilers for an episode then I'm definitely perched in front of the TV daring anyone to touch the remote. :D

As far as writing, I have sent some postcards. I had fun finding some funny ones and tried to be lighthearted about how strongly I felt Jack and Sam should be together. ;) Which reminds me...I think I have a "Don't Mess with Texas" one I still need to send. :p

ses110
May 16th, 2005, 07:32 PM
Caty I can save you the trouble of watching AT return episode.Sam comes back no mention of Jack and Sam will act like Jack never existed.Barrett follows Sam around and Barrett hits on Sam and asks for a Date.Sam turns him down in the nicest possible way and next week's episode has Sam with Man Friend number 2.Fast forward to Season 15 and 100 Man Friend latter Sam and Jack will finally agree to Date.

Buc252
May 16th, 2005, 07:56 PM

Hey, maybe Kerry and Barrett will be dating! You know . . . a couple? <g> Sorry, I just think that would be a fun way to resolve it. I actually like both characters, and can't find any fault in them, truly. They're just not who I would like to see Sam or Jack with.

Rogue
May 16th, 2005, 08:14 PM
Hey, maybe Kerry and Barrett will be dating! You know . . . a couple? <g> Sorry, I just think that would be a fun way to resolve it. I actually like both characters, and can't find any fault in them, truly. They're just not who I would like to see Sam or Jack with.

LOL, NID agent and CIA agent, what a perfect match.

MedusA
May 16th, 2005, 08:32 PM
Ok, so I haven't posted in this particular thread before and I simply cannot be arsed reading EVRY page, so I'll just begin here.

*stands* My name is MedusA and I'm a shipper ....

*cue shameless self promotion* I made this shippy music video ... have a look if ya like.

CLICK ME DAMNIT!! (http://nakedmedusa.com/stargate)

Feedback is welcome =OD

gatewatcher
May 16th, 2005, 08:38 PM

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHH I am soooo excited!!! I never had my own jack clone before.............I just ordered one!! Can't wait to get him!! I'm going to have sooo much fun ;) !! Thanks bunches!!!

lonely_star
May 16th, 2005, 08:53 PM
Ok, so I haven't posted in this particular thread before and I simply cannot be arsed reading EVRY page, so I'll just begin here.

*cue shameless self promotion* I made this shippy music video ... have a look if ya like.

Feedback is welcome =OD

WELCOME !!!

cool video, it's cool to see scenes from threads again !!!Nice music and lyrics too..."some day"....I think the day has arrived !!!!! ;) :p :rolleyes:

hope you'll have fun on this thread, the family is great !!

(thanks Gatebee for the green...I hope I'll come back some day I enjoy being here and yeah I'm pretty sure I'll be back, maybe to work if i can't find anything in France...maybe one day i'll be one of those TPTB we are so upset with !! lol :o )

ForeverSg1
May 16th, 2005, 09:06 PM
The thought that goes through Jack's mind every time the doorbell rings...

http://img224.echo.cx/img224/729/ringmybell0bh.jpg

MedusA
May 16th, 2005, 09:06 PM
That song makes me cry now, I can't listen to it at work and I have trouble when it comes on the radio when I'm driving ... it's by an awesome Australian band called thirsty merc, you guys should get into them ... =OD

thanks btw.

lonely_star
May 16th, 2005, 09:39 PM
oh god !!! don't say me you haven't seen yet !!! you won't like it !!!!

JOE IS BACK!!!!!!!!!! they found a way to talk about the Aschen again !!!!!!

ok now I'm getting very very worried about season 9 !!!
I'm so pissed off!! can't even think abotu what to write....my god, one more!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :S :S

bring the cookies!!! NOW!!!!!!!!

lonely_star
May 16th, 2005, 09:40 PM
it's here :

http://www.gateworld.net/news/2005/05/mallozzirevealslostaschens.shtml

and of course they couldn't ignore the fact that there was something between Joe and Sam ...they need to dwell...oh my ! I feel so bad..... :( :( :( :S :S

(just put a spoiler tag so I don't reveal the subject...it woud be easy to guess or understand without....SO SAD! :( :( )

lonely_star
May 16th, 2005, 09:45 PM
The thought that goes through Jack's mind every time the doorbell rings...

http://img224.echo.cx/img224/729/ringmybell0bh.jpg

that's awesome!! unfortunately after what I just read I can't really appreciate !!! :( :(

thanks it's really cool, can't rep you :(

have a good night folks I need to forget about those latest news!!see ya all tomorrow :rolleyes:

Oma-1
May 16th, 2005, 10:00 PM

Feedback is welcome =OD
Welcome to the Family MedusA! Get yourself a clone and enjoy!

Oma-1
May 16th, 2005, 10:06 PM
*Waves* Hi Kat :D LMAO at your sig today :D

Lonely Star - Don't worry about the Aschen story - someone asked Joe if they would be revisiting the Aschen and he mentioned this. It's not in production or anything. *wipes brow in relief*

Just popped in at this unearthly hour of the morning cos the baby doesn't want to sleep (teething again :( ) and I found this great fanfic.

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2083180/1/

Have lots of tissues handy :S It's so good it might even turn me into a Daniel shipper too! :eek:

MedusA
May 16th, 2005, 10:50 PM
*moves a big comfy arm chair into the family room*

Stoke up the fire, it's bloody freezing in here! Damn winter.

astrogeologist
May 16th, 2005, 11:02 PM

Love the AA format of your intro! :p :D

Catysg1
May 17th, 2005, 02:27 AM
Caty I can save you the trouble of watching AT return episode.Sam comes back no mention of Jack and Sam will act like Jack never existed.Barrett follows Sam around and Barrett hits on Sam and asks for a Date.Sam turns him down in the nicest possible way and next week's episode has Sam with Man Friend number 2.Fast forward to Season 15 and 100 Man Friend latter Sam and Jack will finally agree to Date.

I know Ses about what season 9 is gonna be like with :S with all those men returning to try to win Sam's heart along the line in the episodes ..they will make it part of the story line ..something they forgot to do last year with Pete but with Joe returning too ..and I do like 2001 and 2010 ..it was great to see the Aschen ..great stoyline but to actually bring back Joe is a bit much ...I even wonder if they gonna bring back Martouff from the dead too !!!...May be we'll see him make a pass at Sam in an AU episode too ...then the gang will be complete :eek: .

I hope AT is happy with what they are giving her to do in season 9 ...Hopefully she 'll kick everybody'a A$$ and run to Jack at the week end or in any spare time she has away from all the peeping Toms