PDA

View Full Version : Sam Carter/Jack O'Neill Ship Appreciation Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57

ses110
May 7th, 2005, 11:20 AM
I would be shocked if RDA only took the Year off then came back for Season 10.It sounded like RDA was looking to retire from Acting.It would be great if RDA returned for a 10 Season.IMO RDA Loved playing Jack and it always sounded like he Loved working with the Cast and Crew so on second though maybe it should not be a shock if RDA returned.If I knew for sure RDA was coming back for Season 10 I would have to rethink not watching Season 9.This Dreamwatch interview may be one SG-1 interview worth reading.

gatebee
May 7th, 2005, 11:29 AM
could this be another way that they are "pulling our chains" again. So to speak "dangling the carrot" for us to stay. Without a ship to speak of in S9 is a very sad thing to think of.

Token
May 7th, 2005, 11:45 AM
Originally Posted by Oma-1
Talking about Grace the other day inspired me, so here's my version :D

Grace (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v685/Oma-1/Grace.jpg)

:D This is great Oma. I love it.

*waves* Welcome back to the family Token. :D

I'll add my "love" to bev's love of your collage, Oma!! :p "Grace" is definitely in my top 5 episode list!! There is such rich discussion fodder with that episode!

http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/36/36_1_67.gif (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZSzfw003)((((Bev)))) Good to see you too!! We need to discuss another overseas shipment ;) if you get my rather bookish hint. :p

sugarshaker
May 7th, 2005, 12:04 PM
Shippy hugs everyone! :D

Here's a pic of Ship Sistah and me from March when she was on her Shipper Tour. Notice that we're wearing our

Shipper Medals of Courage! :D

*Thanks, Ship Nana, for the idea!*

I'm on the right.

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y243/sugarshaker/02_29A.jpg (http://photobucket.com/albums/y243/sugarshaker/?)

sugarshaker
May 7th, 2005, 12:06 PM
We need to discuss another overseas shipment ;) if you get my rather bookish hint. :p

Does this have something to do with chocolate? :) ;)

ses110
May 7th, 2005, 12:09 PM
Good point gatebee.Knowing the Shippers Luck RDA will return for 10 and AT will not.I think it's way to soon to talk about a Season 10.If Season 9 does not work there may not be a Season 10.Until I hear 100% there will be a 10th Season and RDA will be returning I will try not to think about it.I'am just hoping RDA will be in more than 2 episodes for Season 9 and if there is a 10th Season I'll think about it then.

Token
May 7th, 2005, 12:36 PM
Does this have something to do with chocolate? :) ;)

Alas, no. Not this time! :p But here is some virtual chocolate for you... http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/12/12_11_2.gif (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZSzfw003) Sorry, I couldn't resist taking a bite. :o

http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/36/36_13_13.gif (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZSzfw003)Great picture!! You definitely deserve those medals!!

Ses, I have been withholding my thoughts on RDA/Jack returning because I've been...well...lazy.:p I think it is a postive sign that RDA wanted Jack to remain as part of Stargate. RDA wanted to keep his options open. I don't think he would ever return as a regular cast member. I don't they have the production money for that, but Jack could be a recurring character. As far as Sam/Jack ship is concerned, I think TPTB left it open because it was not the end of Jack nor Stargate. My thoughts are that TPTB will wait until the definite end to completely resolve the issue kinda like JAG.

If the writers have a good storyline that has good meat for the Jack character, I would hope they would pitch it to RDA and see if he is interested. I think it will be good for the writers to not have to develop storylines where they have to "throw" Jack in just for the sake of it. I will see if I enjoy Season 9. It's all a matter if I'm enjoying my choice of entertainment.

BTW... Has anyone seen a recent (within a month) picture of RDA? I'm curious if he has cut his hair for the two episodes he filmed. Season 9 If no haircut, maybe he is a civilian?? Just a thought! More like..wishful thinking! :rolleyes:

sugarshaker
May 7th, 2005, 12:42 PM
Is anyone going to the con in Secaucus NJ Aug. 5-7? (I think it's a Creation con.) Gary Jones, Chris Judge, MS, DD and Peter Williams are scheduled to appear. I'll probably go, so if you want to meet up, PM me. :D

samisjacksgal
May 7th, 2005, 12:42 PM
*pokes head in*

Sam and Jack forever :D

*pokes head....uhh...out lol*

ses110
May 7th, 2005, 01:13 PM
Token I agree.I think the Days of RDA being a regular cast member are over.I also think we may have to wait for the Last SG-1 episode to have the Sam and Jack Ship resolved.If TPTB have there way that will be in Season 15.I would rather see RDA in some Jack heavy episodes instead of seeing him for a Couple of minutes in an episode.

Uber
May 7th, 2005, 01:16 PM
*hugs*

i think the biggest stumbling block for me on this issue is that the ppl making the show wouldn't/couldn't/didn't want to admit they just possibly made a mistake. i think that's a bit why i handled affinity better, because i knew that 'someone' out of them didn't like what was going on (amanda). the most honest reaction i read from anyone was from david deluise, himself, that said he wouldn't treat someone like that.

i sometimes wonder if i over react to this (which i know i'm prob doing a bit because the whole 'boyfriend for sam' concept hurt me to begin with), but i don't like being told that i'm stupid for finding a prob with pete's actions (and sam's lack of), and that's what i felt the writers/ppl that made the show did. i'm not asking for an apology, i'm asking to not be made a fool. pete wasn't evil, or even bad, he just went in a direction that was very disrespectful to my fave character and, adding, almost cost her her life. please don't tell me there's nothing wrong with that. and that's what i felt like had happened. and that's why this continues, to this day, to be a touchy subject for me.

k, done with my monthly chimera/pete rant. :p

sally :)
Then you're in big trouble sal because it's only the 7th day of the month. Are you honestly suggesting you can hold off discussing Chimera/Pete until JUNE???

I think not.

The great thing about the fandom of a show as great as this one is the fact that you and I and others can watch the same episodes and have completely different reactions to certain elements, come on this board and rant and rave about whatever aspect we feel passionate about and still come out of the discussion as both friends and loyal fans of the show.

I think my feelings regarding Pete are tempered because I was scared with Grace and Chimera that they were moving away from Sam/Jack and were pushing for Sam to go on with her life and find love with another man. But even after Chimera and Affinity I still loved the show, but it just kinda dimmed my passion for the series a little.

And then they gave us Threads...and I came to the belief that Grace, Chimera and Affinity were just bumps in the long Sam/Jack road. Their journey is a long one...just like Harm and Mac's was...and I still believe that TPTB can get it right, otherwise, why bother with Threads?

Really?

What would have been the point of Threads if they intend to drop the topic entirely? That makes no sense whatsoever to me as a writer and a fan. If they were going to abandon the emotions between them, then Threads would have been the time to do it...with Sam being giddy about getting married and Jack cracking jokes about wearing his formal uniform to the event.

But instead, Sam continued to question the rash decisions she made and realized that marrying Pete would have been a huge mistake.

Score one for the shippers.

Daniel's_twin
May 7th, 2005, 01:24 PM
Token I agree.I think the Days of RDA being a regular cast member are over.I also think we may have to wait for the Last SG-1 episode to have the Sam and Jack Ship resolved.If TPTB have there way that will be in Season 15.I would rather see RDA in some Jack heavy episodes instead of seeing him for a Couple of minutes in an episode.

That would be a blessing and a curse! A blessing 'cause we'd get six more seasons of Stargate, but a curse 'cause IT WOULD TAKE THAT LONG FOR RESOLVEMENT!!!!

*pant, pant, pant.* I'm alright now. :cool:

Oma-1
May 7th, 2005, 01:39 PM

I think you and Token are probably right. Jack will probably be a recurring character now, and I agree I'd rather see him in a few heavy eps each season like we've seen for Bra'tac and Jacob over the years. One things for sure - viewing figs for those eps would be through the roof ;)

But as much as I like the idea of SG-1 continuing until S15 ....

That would be a blessing and a curse! A blessing 'cause we'd get six more seasons of Stargate, but a curse 'cause IT WOULD TAKE THAT LONG FOR RESOLVEMENT!!!!

*pant, pant, pant.* I'm alright now.
It might take me a wee while longer to recover from that thought :p

ses110
May 7th, 2005, 01:52 PM
I was hoping at the end of Season 8 we would get an episode like Lost City and Jack would either go missing or everyone though he was Dead.I think it would have given Sam Daniel and Teal'c great motivation to return to the SGC and search for Jack under a new General and possibly new SG-1 Leader.I'am not sure if it was on this Forum and if it's true but I though I heard RDA was not Happy with the Moebius episode being AU.I was not Happy either.In regard to Jack in Season 9 I just cannot see Jack going from one Desk Job to another.I think there were plenty of ways to bring back Jack besides having Jack be in Command of Homeworld Security.

wynter
May 7th, 2005, 03:45 PM
hi guys,

thanks oma for the tip i have been there to read fanfic about sam and jack,i have also read Lunar's,suekay,mei mei sam fan,mishy mo and all the others,i just love reading it,even though a woman of 29 i still blush at some of the stories that i have read.

the only thing bugging me with bringing in new people to sg1 is that i think they should have at least brought Jonas back in,ok he could be boring but i liked him quite a lot i think he could have brought more to the show than he was given.

I really don't want hunky men coming in(BB) because Jack was enough and will be the only one for me.

I have grown up for the last 8 years with these people the same as friends ok they finished at 10 years but at least they all finished together which was fab,but a big part of the show is Jack,the grins,the sarky comments,banter between him and daniel,the jokes he tells teal'c and most of all the ship between sam and Jack.

I will still watch the show but it will half hearted,i watched from the beginning so i won't let myself down by missing the season.

ok had my little rant for the week sorry if i have said any-thing out of term.

wynterxx

girlgater
May 7th, 2005, 06:05 PM
Talking about Grace the other day inspired me, so here's my version :D

Grace (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v685/Oma-1/Grace.jpg)

(((((Oma))))) I can't give you any green, but I love it...always.

dipsofjazz
May 7th, 2005, 06:25 PM

Here's a pic of Ship Sistah and me from March when she was on her Shipper Tour. Notice that we're wearing our

I'm on the right.

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y243/sugarshaker/02_29A.jpg (http://photobucket.com/albums/y243/sugarshaker/?)
:D This is a wonderful picture of you both. I'm so jealous as I'd love to meet up with members of the shipper family. :D

Myrth
May 7th, 2005, 06:32 PM
I've just been pondering (as I do)... being a gamer and a Stargate fan I'm pretty excited about the release of Stargate Alliance in August.

But I'm also hoping that somewhere in the staff of the development house.. there is a shipper faction. According to the interviews I read from them, they have around 60 staff, all SG fans... you'd think out of that number, the law of averages would mean there's at least a few shippers right.

So... I'm hoping for some shippy cut-scenes in this game, or bonus missions which have ship flavouring.. or you know... something fun :)

Keeping in mind the actors have to film the motion for the characters, I think that would be a whole bunch of fun.. and fairly unprecedented in gaming.

So my shippy heart says.. gimme shippy stuff in the game!

My marketing experience tells me e-mailing this suggestion to the developers may not be a completey insane idea. I mean if they were to leak details of a shippy cut scene, or unlockable bonus shippy levels in the game.. I have a feeling there's be a certain amount of guaranteed sales... am I right?

:D

{crosses fingers for SHIP IN 3D!!!)

Ok.. random ramble finished.. for today ;)

Token
May 7th, 2005, 06:38 PM
I was hoping at the end of Season 8 we would get an episode like Lost City and Jack would either go missing or everyone though he was Dead.I think it would have given Sam Daniel and Teal'c great motivation to return to the SGC and search for Jack under a new General and possibly new SG-1 Leader.I'am not sure if it was on this Forum and if it's true but I though I heard RDA was not Happy with the Moebius episode being AU.I was not Happy either.In regard to Jack in Season 9 I just cannot see Jack going from one Desk Job to another.I think there were plenty of ways to bring back Jack besides having Jack be in Command of Homeworld Security.

I agree with you, ses! I heard RDA doesn't like AU because he has a hard time keeping up with "who" he's supposed to be in "which" scenes.

I would like to know the process that TPTB went through to make the decision on what to do with Jack and his involvement. I would never picture Jack taking a desk job or much less a BIGGER desk job, but the character had to be written that way to accomodate RDA. I find that commentaries sometimes help me understand why scenes don't make sense like the end of "2001" when SG-1 didn't seemed concerned about Sam's injuries. It always seemed out of character for Jack, Daniel and Teal'c, but it had nothing to do with the script because it was the actors that didn't want to take "suggestions" from the director. I guess that is why I enjoy books more than visual media. In books, a writer can take me anywhere and develop the complexity of characters. Usually, a movie will entice me to read the book, and rarely does a movie do a book justice.

Well, I guess I should stop before I get too deep for my shallow mind. :rolleyes: :p

gatewatcher
May 7th, 2005, 08:28 PM
Hello, everyone! It's been soooo long since I've been on here..................I feel like I've missed everything. I did try to get on the other night and noticed GW was off line. I feel like I've lost contact with family members. Anyway, I've been reading lots of fanfic lately.....just finished " Forever and For Always" by Hail Dorothy. It's really long, but I enjoyed it a lot!!!!! Have I missed anything big? I really can't go back ata least 50 pages................
Hope you all are well!!!!

ses110
May 7th, 2005, 08:50 PM
Token IMO New Order and Moebius were the 2 most disappointing SG-1 episodes.I always though 2 part episodes should be a little special and I felt both episodes were a waste of Time.I also feel it is fine for the Actors to have there say when it comes to the Show but IMO the Actors should do what the Director wants.Actors should become Directors if they want to call the shots.

DarkQuee1
May 7th, 2005, 09:07 PM
hi guys,

I will still watch the show but it will half hearted,i watched from the beginning so i won't let myself down by missing the season.

ok had my little rant for the week sorry if i have said any-thing out of term.

wynterxx

Thing is, if shippers will watch, regardless of whether or not TPTB screw us, then they have no incentive *not* to screw us. Especially as certain other fan groups will scream, shout, rant, threaten not to watch (among other things they threaten) and the like to get what they want.

J.

DarkQuee1
May 7th, 2005, 09:15 PM
BTW... Has anyone seen a recent (within a month) picture of RDA? I'm curious if he has cut his hair for the two episodes he filmed. Season 9 If no haircut, maybe he is a civilian?? Just a thought! More like..wishful thinking! :rolleyes:

He *is* a civilian: my understanding of something JM said is that they are turning the entire Home World Security into a civilian-run department (as Homeland Defense is). Which would mean that Jack becomes a civilian. Of course, having retired as a general, he would always be called general; you keep the rank upon retiring.

J.

aeromathlete
May 7th, 2005, 11:08 PM
As for Moebius, I've said it once and will say it again: the episode was disappointing for me, too, and I was certainly not impressed by the storyline the writers tried to come up with. They sacrificed SG-1's quality in an effort to pimp Atlantis. Now, making Atlantis great is fine, but making SG-1 bad in order to make Atlantis look better is not fine.

And as for RDA...I HOPE he cuts his hair upon return. Not a big fan of the overly long haired look. Season 3 length would be juuust fine. :D

LadyJeep
May 8th, 2005, 12:00 AM
Alas, no. Not this time! :p But here is some virtual chocolate for you... http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/12/12_11_2.gif (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZSzfw003) Sorry, I couldn't resist taking a bite. :o

http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/36/36_13_13.gif (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZSzfw003)Great picture!! You definitely deserve those medals!!

Ses, I have been withholding my thoughts on RDA/Jack returning because I've been...well...lazy.:p I think it is a postive sign that RDA wanted Jack to remain as part of Stargate. RDA wanted to keep his options open. I don't think he would ever return as a regular cast member. I don't they have the production money for that, but Jack could be a recurring character. As far as Sam/Jack ship is concerned, I think TPTB left it open because it was not the end of Jack nor Stargate. My thoughts are that TPTB will wait until the definite end to completely resolve the issue kinda like JAG.

If the writers have a good storyline that has good meat for the Jack character, I would hope they would pitch it to RDA and see if he is interested. I think it will be good for the writers to not have to develop storylines where they have to "throw" Jack in just for the sake of it. I will see if I enjoy Season 9. It's all a matter if I'm enjoying my choice of entertainment.

When I was at the Vancouver con, they had a panel that included N. John Smith, Andy Mikita and Martin Wood. It was said during their time on stage, that RDA wanted Jack left in the picture so he (Jack & RDA) could come back. They alluded to coming back for season 10 but didn't come right out and say it. They went on to say how many of them have gone away and come back, actors, writers, producers.

It gave me a lot to hope for in the future, I just know Jack won't be able to stay away too long from Sam, he so loves her!!!! :D

Sam_o_Neill
May 8th, 2005, 04:23 AM
I've just been pondering (as I do)... being a gamer and a Stargate fan I'm pretty excited about the release of Stargate Alliance in August.

But I'm also hoping that somewhere in the staff of the development house.. there is a shipper faction. According to the interviews I read from them, they have around 60 staff, all SG fans... you'd think out of that number, the law of averages would mean there's at least a few shippers right.

So... I'm hoping for some shippy cut-scenes in this game, or bonus missions which have ship flavouring.. or you know... something fun :)

Keeping in mind the actors have to film the motion for the characters, I think that would be a whole bunch of fun.. and fairly unprecedented in gaming.

So my shippy heart says.. gimme shippy stuff in the game!

My marketing experience tells me e-mailing this suggestion to the developers may not be a completey insane idea. I mean if they were to leak details of a shippy cut scene, or unlockable bonus shippy levels in the game.. I have a feeling there's be a certain amount of guaranteed sales... am I right?

{crosses fingers for SHIP IN 3D!!!)

Ok.. random ramble finished.. for today ;)

LOL, ship in the game would be great!!!! After finding out that our actors were doing the voices i have been really happy!! and I can't wait for the game to come out, the screenshots for it look amazing!! I hope do get a little bonus level or something with a hint of ship, maybe something along the lines of Entity or Beneath the Surface...:P Anything and I would be jumping with joy!!!

pittsburghgirl
May 8th, 2005, 04:25 AM
When I was at the Vancouver con, they had a panel that included N. John Smith, Andy Mikita and Martin Wood. It was said during their time on stage, that RDA wanted Jack left in the picture so he (Jack & RDA) could come back. They alluded to coming back for season 10 but didn't come right out and say it. They went on to say how many of them have gone away and come back, actors, writers, producers.

It gave me a lot to hope for in the future, I just know Jack won't be able to stay away too long from Sam, he so loves her!!!! :D
well if i might -i would like to add my 12 cents worth here. The Boys from Vancouver have certainly led us to believe that Jack and Sam love each other and the actors have played it that way-but they certainly haven't shown that they love us. And i can tell you I have had about all the angst I can handle-thank you very much. If after all that they are going to drag it out the way ST-TNG did with Troi and Riker-I am going to be in the 'that don't impress me much' camp. I don't mind so much RDA popping hither, thither and yon-but if he does-I would like to know that Sam is as much a part of his life, as he is in hers. Bring back the old admirers is not doing much for me at all.

Sam_o_Neill
May 8th, 2005, 04:30 AM
Sorry guys but i've got to say this...
I'm so glad I came back!!!

I've just been reading through all the little discussions going on and I realised how much I missed it and how much being here acually makes me feel calm and happy :)

((((((((((((((((((((((((Shipper Family)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))
and
(((((((((((((((((((((((SueKay)))))))))))))))))))))) <-Thank you for convincing me to pop back in here :Dhttp://forum.gateworld.net/images/gw_icons/heart.gif

Sam x

Oma-1
May 8th, 2005, 07:07 AM
*serious loyal advisor face* I am going under cover for a week to gather intelligence on my Lord's enemies. This shall be an extemely dangerous mission and I will not be in contact until the mission is completed.

Actually, we're going on holiday for a week and although it doesn't sound as glamourous, I'm sure it will be just as dangerous :p

I know you will miss me , but try and have fun anyway! :rolleyes: I hope there's 20 pages to catch up on when I get back ;)

Sam_o_Neill
May 8th, 2005, 07:28 AM
*serious loyal advisor face* I am going under cover for a week to gather intelligence on my Lord's enemies. This shall be an extemely dangerous mission and I will not be in contact until the mission is completed.

Actually, we're going on holiday for a week and although it doesn't sound as glamourous, I'm sure it will be just as dangerous :p

I know you will miss me , but try and have fun anyway! :rolleyes: I hope there's 20 pages to catch up on when I get back ;)

lol, hope you have a lovely holiday Oma! :D

and it will be difficult but we'll do our best to have fun without you :P

See you in a week!

Sam x

Oma-1
May 8th, 2005, 12:17 PM
Just had a minute to check in - and realised my assignment has changed :D

I'm not going on an undercover assignment for My Lord anymore - I'm recruiting my own loyal jaffa army to challenge her!

Kneel before your GOD MUAHAHAHAHAHAAAAA!

Thanks Shipper Family for all the wonderful jello :) ((((((((((Shipper Family)))))))))

BTW Bev .... Would now be a good time to hand in my notice? Do you require me to work the full notice period, or shall I just clear the desk now? ;)

Uber
May 8th, 2005, 01:32 PM

I'm not going on an undercover assignment for My Lord anymore - I'm recruiting my own loyal jaffa army to challenge her!

Thanks Shipper Family for all the wonderful jello :) ((((((((((Shipper Family)))))))))

BTW Bev .... Would now be a good time to hand in my notice? Do you require me to work the full notice period, or shall I just clear the desk now? ;)
Congrats on your promotion Oma!

It's a funny thing...I was a loyal advisor, but I had no one to advise...and now I'm a System Lord, and have no one to boss around.

And speaking of promotions...

THREADS and SEASON 9 Spoilers....

I'm thoroughly confused about Jack's status next season.

Kerry pitched the idea for him to retire to him so he could be with Sam. I have read that it's been suggested that everyone at Home World Security will be civilian (although I can personally find no confirmation from TPTB on this board or anywhere else).

Does anyone know the scoop?

melpomene
May 8th, 2005, 01:56 PM

I've just been reading through all the little discussions going on and I realised how much I missed it and how much being here acually makes me feel calm and happy :)

and
(((((((((((((((((((((((SueKay)))))))))))))))))))))) <-Thank you for convincing me to pop back in here :Dhttp://forum.gateworld.net/images/gw_icons/heart.gif

Sam x

See I always said you can't leave here forever!! Just like the lurkers eventually de-lurke the ex-patriats always return. It is the way of the shipper family.

Lord Zedd
May 8th, 2005, 01:57 PM
Congrats on your promotion Oma!

It's a funny thing...I was a loyal advisor, but I had no one to advise...and now I'm a System Lord, and have no one to boss around.

And speaking of promotions...

THREADS and SEASON 9 Spoilers....

I'm thoroughly confused about Jack's status next season.

Kerry pitched the idea for him to retire to him so he could be with Sam. I have read that it's been suggested that everyone at Home World Security will be civilian (although I can personally find no confirmation from TPTB on this board or anywhere else).

Does anyone know the scoop?

Hi everybody how are you guys? I missed you all. Sorry that I was gone for a while but I needed some space. I came sometimes at the Stargate Intel forum. My grandfather died and he was buried this friday :(.

Yeah Kerry did mention it. I think it is a way of TPTB to make a transistion from removing Jack out of the serie. I think that he is going to retire and run as a civilian. I am almost sure of it. Oma congratulations on becoming a systemlord. You are now one of us.

I noticed that GateWorld has removed more than 150 post of me :eek: :eek: why?? I had more than 1800 I thought I would become a first prime than. But now it has removed posts again !! this is the 3rd time this happens and they don't inform me.:(

ses110
May 8th, 2005, 02:06 PM
It sounds like TPTB are going to bring back all of Sam's Man Friends until the last episode and then Sam and Jack will get together.I'am afraid once Vala is off the Show TPTB will use the Sam character to spice things up.The last thing the Sam character needs right now is to bring back the Man Friends after the way TPTB have written the Sam Character the last 2 Years.I love how TPTB talk about a new direction.Nice new direction for the Sam character.If TPTB are smart they will have the Sam character show no interest in these Man Friends.IMO any Shippers who watch Season 9 will not put up with Sam and the guest Star of the week.It was tough enough to watch once there’s no need to see it again.IMO TPTB need to bring back the Smart Tough Sam character and not the Sam character who flirts with every guest Star of the week.It would also be great to have Sam stop trying to Play nice with everyone especially SG-1 enemies like Baal.

Sam_o_Neill
May 8th, 2005, 02:13 PM
See I always said you can't leave here forever!! Just like the lurkers eventually de-lurke the ex-patriats always return. It is the way of the shipper family.

Yep its impossible to stay away, I always think about dropping in but I never really get the chance...but now i'm goingt o try my best to keep visiting, I need to be calm for my exams and being here is the best relaxation for me :D

ooooh I just noticed I got my third glowy square!! :D Thanks for the jello everyone :)

Sam_o_Neill
May 8th, 2005, 02:28 PM
It sounds like TPTB are going to bring back all of Sam's Man Friends until the last episode and then Sam and Jack will get together.I'am afraid once Vala is off the Show TPTB will use the Sam character to spice things up.The last thing the Sam character needs right now is to bring back the Man Friends after the way TPTB have written the Sam Character the last 2 Years.I love how TPTB talk about a new direction.Nice new direction for the Sam character.If TPTB are smart they will have the Sam character show no interest in these Man Friends.IMO any Shippers who watch Season 9 will not put up with Sam and the guest Star of the week.It was tough enough to watch once there’s no need to see it again.IMO TPTB need to bring back the Smart Tough Sam character and not the Sam character who flirts with every guest Star of the week.It would also be great to have Sam stop trying to Play nice with everyone especially SG-1 enemies like Baal.

I agree with you Ses, I hope they don't do that to the charcater I like how she is now....but I really don't see why they would do that after what they gave us in Threads and Mobieus(a bit). Sam and Jack have to be together in season 9! That was what Mobieus was trying to tell us in true vague PTB style....
The determining part of Season 9 for me is goign to be the explanation of where Sam and Jack are in the first few eps and the whole Sam/Jack situation...i'm just hoping TPTB can come up with something good, not just a silly little thing that makes no sense.

Catysg1
May 8th, 2005, 02:33 PM
Thing is, if shippers will watch, regardless of whether or not TPTB screw us, then they have no incentive *not* to screw us. Especially as certain other fan groups will scream, shout, rant, threaten not to watch (among other things they threaten) and the like to get what they want.

J.

Well said Darkquee :)

if Shippers keep watching the show ..why would TPTB modify the direction ??!!

If Shippers keep on buying the DVD's ( I'm not by the way ..no buying season 7, 8, and 9 for me I stopped at season 6 and I'm happy with that ) then why why TPTB employ new women writers to make the show more appealing on a human level?!!!

On the other end ..and this is very good .... I'm spending my money on buying DVD's for other shows like Alias and Dark angel . :)

Caty :)

sg-1fanintn
May 8th, 2005, 02:37 PM
Hello, Shipper Family!

Andy867 has just posted a wonderful new Sam/Jack video to the music videos thread. If you don't check in there regularly, the url is:

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?p=4227701#post4227701

It's post 1053. I've already sent him a thank you rep, but I wanted to let all of you know it's there.

I'm off to Knoxville for a four-day professional development seminar. I'll be checking in as time allows. The hotel has wireless access, and it'll be the first time I've played with that, so it should be fun.

Have a lovely week, and remember: Stargate Monday continues in shippy Season 4 tomorrow! My VCR is set, in case the hotel doesn't have SciFi!!!!!

Catysg1
May 8th, 2005, 02:43 PM
well if i might -i would like to add my 12 cents worth here. The Boys from Vancouver have certainly led us to believe that Jack and Sam love each other and the actors have played it that way-but they certainly haven't shown that they love us. And i can tell you I have had about all the angst I can handle-thank you very much. If after all that they are going to drag it out the way ST-TNG did with Troi and Riker-I am going to be in the 'that don't impress me much' camp. I don't mind so much RDA popping hither, thither and yon-but if he does-I would like to know that Sam is as much a part of his life, as he is in hers. Bring back the old admirers is not doing much for me at all.

If they drag it on off screen ..I'm gone too cuz it's pretty lame and unreal .I love scifi and romance mixed together only when it is consistant ...if it is not too true to human nature ..then it does not interest me because nobody in their right mind and their devoted love for each other would wait any longer than 8 years considering than we know from end of season 8 that Jack was considering Retirement or work as a civilian ( Thank you Kerry) to be with Sam .

So I expect Jack to be with Sam in the pilote and I expect to hear it .If there is no mention of it whatsoever ..then It's good bye for me for the show and I Have other shows to go into ...plenty of them as a matter of fact ..that I'm getting hooked on too :)

Sam and Jack forever in the season 9 premiere and I want to hear it :)
Caty:)

Uber
May 8th, 2005, 02:46 PM
Well said Darkquee :)

if Shippers keep watching the show ..why would TPTB modify the direction ??!!

If Shippers keep on buying the DVD's ( I'm not by the way ..no buying season 7, 8, and 9 for me I stopped at season 6 and I'm happy with that ) then why why TPTB employ new women writers to make the show more appealing on a human level?!!!

On the other end ..and this is very good .... I'm spending my money on buying DVD's for other shows like Alias and Dark angel . :)

Oh, I don't know Caty. I'm glad I got the Season 7 DVDs...first of all to hear the commentary for Avenger 2.0...especially for the scene in Felger's apartment which was hilarious...and then of course the LOST CITY commentary...

...when AT was pointing out at the end how she called him Jack and that that was important... :D

sg-1fanintn
May 8th, 2005, 02:47 PM
Sam and Jack forever in the season 9 premiere and I want to hear it :)

Hear, hear, Caty! I second the motion! I bet they can hear it all the way out to Vancouver!!!!!

Ok.....now I'm off to Knoxville!

Myrth
May 8th, 2005, 03:01 PM
Just to throw some cents into the pool here... I thought S5 & 6 were really light on with ship. Whereas 7 has plenty of it, ala Grace, Heros, Lost City etc.... plus the commentaries alone make it worth it. Amanda does alot of the commentaries in 7. If you're picking and choosing which DVDs to buy... 7 is always on my list :)

I can't wait for 8, I just gotta hear the commentaries on Threads & Moebius.. obviously... but also IGTBK & that scene in the hallway in that one with the wedding.... plus the Director's series and who knows what ship-bits will surface out of it... I'm a slave to marketing.. but I'm happy that way... :D

Catysg1
May 8th, 2005, 03:06 PM
Good point gatebee.Knowing the Shippers Luck RDA will return for 10 and AT will not.I think it's way to soon to talk about a Season 10.If Season 9 does not work there may not be a Season 10.Until I hear 100% there will be a 10th Season and RDA will be returning I will try not to think about it.I'am just hoping RDA will be in more than 2 episodes for Season 9 and if there is a 10th Season I'll think about it then.

If there is a season 10 it will be like the x-files..except this time they'll do the missing character for both of them ...Jack for Season 9 and Sam for season 10 just to keep the carrot hanging in front of the shippers ..

but Do they think we are that stupid or what ???

I mean the x-files was sad without Mulder but still the romance was there and still very believable ...and he (Muder) did came back for Scully quite a lot for season 9 anyway ..So it was alright ..Chris carter and David Duchovny know they have made a bit of a mistake there but they still did quite well considering the departure of DD .To have Mulder abducted for part of his quest was a brilliant idea ..when they went wrong was when he left on his own will for his protection and his family and without Scully and the baby going with him ....

Hopefully everybody (Hear TPTB!!!) learnt that a show where there are 2 lead characters is doom without one of them ...and although Daniel and Teal'c are part of SG1 , they are not the main characters to me anyway ..so if Sam and/or Jack is missing for a year or more .....the show won't be the same for many reasons that we all know and not only ship reasons but humor, angst .....the banter with those 2 characters are extremely important .

Anyway ..Slighty fed up to talk about SG1 :rolleyes: and I'm gonna watch some good shippy x-files Mulder and Scully episodes for a change ..that was such a treat and I miss them so much ..Please please Movie 2 hurry up so that I can go back into the x-files again :)

ses110
May 8th, 2005, 03:12 PM
Great points Caty and DarkQuee1.I was tempted to stop watching after New Order and then again after Affinity.I'am still kicking myself for being too Loyal to the Show.TPTB dragged the Sam and Jack Ship out because the ratings were good.I think Fans forget we have more Power than we think.I will not repeat the same mistakes for Season 9.I'll watch the Jack episodes and if there's an episode that Sam talks about Jack I'll hear about it and then I could always go back and watch the repeat.TPTB had the chance to put Sam and Jack together in Threads and Moebius and choose to leave things up in the Air.TPTB have to understand when you do not give the Fans what they want there's a price to pay.It is going to be very tough when July comes around because I'am so use to watching SG-1.If Season 9 gets off to a bad start you can bet TPTB will try to get RDA to appear in more episodes and TPTB will try to push the Ship.I would Love to see TPTB try to please the Shippers for once and not all the other fans instead.

Catysg1
May 8th, 2005, 03:18 PM
Just to throw some cents into the pool here... I thought S5 & 6 were really light on with ship. Whereas 7 has plenty of it, ala Grace, Heros, Lost City etc.... plus the commentaries alone make it worth it. Amanda does alot of the commentaries in 7. If you're picking and choosing which DVDs to buy... 7 is always on my list :)

I can't wait for 8, I just gotta hear the commentaries on Threads & Moebius.. obviously... but also IGTBK & that scene in the hallway in that one with the wedding.... plus the Director's series and who knows what ship-bits will surface out of it... I'm a slave to marketing.. but I'm happy that way... :D

I also have marketing experience

but I still think that Stargate Tptb is extremely mean to the shippers .
When you market a product ,usually you want to please your customers ( SALE AND AFTERCARE TOO) ..and you usually know how the product is doing from a market research before putting it on the market .

Of course For a show it's different , they know it from viewing and feedback from the episode in question ..... may be from reruns ....but if all the shippers say that they will still buy the DVD's no matter what well obviously TPTB is NOT gonna give them what they want right now but will wait right up to the very end like season 10 or season 11 ..and it will be the last episode .
Now Saying that Some TPTB are kinder than others ..and some are extremely generous in ship all along the 7 or 8 or 9 or 10 years of the show ( X-files was generous compared to SG1)

ses110
May 8th, 2005, 03:26 PM
Caty whether the Actors TPTB or Fans like it or not Sam and Jack go Hand in Hand.The characters will never be the same if it's just Jack by Himself or Sam by Herself.It is more than just the Ship with Sam and Jack.I hate to say it but for me the Sam character does not have the same appeal without Jack.I just know TPTB will use Sam and the guest Star of the week even more without Jack around.I said it before and I'll say it again.SG-1 needs Women writers Badly.These writers cannot write for Men let alone Women.Teal'c and Daniel's personal Lifes have been written just as Badly as Sam's.IMO Affinity proved that fact.

ses110
May 8th, 2005, 03:32 PM
Myrth I respect what your saying but commentaries mean very little to me.TPTB can say they Love Ship or promise to resolve the Ship it does not matter to me.I need to see Sam and Jack get together on Screen.Talk is cheap.Season 7 and 8 were very disappointing IMO so I will not spend a Dime on the DVD'S.

melpomene
May 8th, 2005, 03:36 PM
I really beleive that Threads was leading up to something. To have an episode that changing right before theseason ends, to put an AU ep right after it, it's like they're planning to have something in season 8. I don't think they'd push the ship as far as they did in threads if they weren't following through. I'm not saying we'll get a complete resolution. Maybe they'll want to drag it out for a while. I mean, after 8 years a single ep resolution might seem almost TOO sudden. I think the tension between Jack and Sam makes a great plot device and I think they want to use it as much as they can. Which, as a writer, I can appreciate. But there comes a time when you're characters won't take anymore. And i think that's where sam and Jack are. I think it's time for the characters to take action

Uber
May 8th, 2005, 04:13 PM
I really beleive that Threads was leading up to something. To have an episode that changing right before theseason ends, to put an AU ep right after it, it's like they're planning to have something in season 8. I don't think they'd push the ship as far as they did in threads if they weren't following through. I'm not saying we'll get a complete resolution. Maybe they'll want to drag it out for a while. I mean, after 8 years a single ep resolution might seem almost TOO sudden. I think the tension between Jack and Sam makes a great plot device and I think they want to use it as much as they can. Which, as a writer, I can appreciate. But there comes a time when you're characters won't take anymore. And i think that's where sam and Jack are. I think it's time for the characters to take action
This is something I've touched on earlier about THREADS.

If TPTB wanted to squash the Sam/Jack issue, Threads would have been THE opportunity to do it.

Sam, who has finally gotten past her reservations, could have been really excited about her upcoming nuptuals with Pete. Jack could have continued to be supportive of Sam, even though he harbored feelings for her that he would never get to realize. Jacob, although not sure at first that she was going after what she really wanted, would have given her his blessing...and then with him dying, Sam would have found comfort in Pete, thereby cementing their bond. After a period of mourning, General Hammond could have walked her down the aisle.

BUT NONE OF THAT HAPPENED!

Sam NEVER got past her reservations...they only grew stronger and stronger as time passed by and she began to really believe she screwed up by accepting Pete's proposal. She avoided Pete and all things having to do with the wedding, allbeit she kept insisting that she WAS going to marry him and she DID want to be involved in the ceremony. Jack, who supported Sam on GP, could not help but unconciously reveal his feelings for Sam when she left his house, and Kerry obviously picked up on it. Jacob was wary the whole time about Pete and was not shy about voicing his concerns; plus he as much as told her to go after what she wanted, i.e. JACK, and not let regulations get in the way. As her father languished, Sam didn't go to Pete, but rather found comfort with Jack...thereby continuing to cement THEIR bond.

I'm still pulling for Hammond to eventually walk her down the aisle.

I'm thinking that'll happen at the end of Season 32.

girlgater
May 8th, 2005, 04:13 PM
Hi Shipper Family!
I think season 9 will give us some type of resolution to the Sam/Jack drawn out relationship. There must be some definitive answer as to whether or not they are together (which I think they are). By the way...SciFi is showing Beneath the Surface tomorrow night. Ahhh...the shippy, "I remember...feelings" moment. ;)

dipsofjazz
May 8th, 2005, 04:18 PM

:D Congratulations!!! :D

*See me later and I'll pass on the key to the executive washroom* :p

dipsofjazz
May 8th, 2005, 04:25 PM
This is something I've touched on earlier about THREADS.

If TPTB wanted to squash the Sam/Jack issue, Threads would have been THE opportunity to do it.

Sam, who has finally gotten past her reservations, could have been really excited about her upcoming nuptuals with Pete. Jack could have continued to be supportive of Sam, even though he harbored feelings for her that he would never get to realize. Jacob, although not sure at first that she was going after what she really wanted, would have given her his blessing...and then with him dying, Sam would have found comfort in Pete, thereby cementing their bond. After a period of mourning, General Hammond could have walked her down the aisle.

BUT NONE OF THAT HAPPENED!

Sam NEVER got past her reservations...they only grew stronger and stronger as time passed by and she began to really believe she screwed up by accepting Pete's proposal. She avoided Pete and all things having to do with the wedding, allbeit she kept insisting that she WAS going to marry him and she DID want to be involved in the ceremony. Jack, who supported Sam on GP, could not help but unconciously reveal his feelings for Sam when she left his house, and Kerry obviously picked up on it. Jacob was wary the whole time about Pete and was not shy about voicing his concerns; plus he as much as told her to go after what she wanted, i.e. JACK, and not let regulations get in the way. As her father languished, Sam didn't go to Pete, but rather found comfort with Jack...thereby continuing to cement THEIR bond.

:D I so hope you're right about this. I'm just so afraid to trust TPTB anymore.
ROFL at that last line! :D

melpomene
May 8th, 2005, 05:19 PM

ROTFL!!! That's brilliant. You have a definate point there!

Andy867
May 8th, 2005, 07:02 PM
New Music Video Release!

All I Ask Of You (http://videostrategy.jediknight.net/stargate/video/all_i_ask_of_you.wmv)
Phantom of the Opera Soundtrack

I really felt that I could do one last song since my Army Deployment was delayed due to a family emergency back in March, and I've just been struggling to find the right song until now. Well, anyway, enjoy.

Buc252
May 8th, 2005, 07:21 PM

J.

This has been my concern for some time as well. If TPTB see that most of the shippers will be watching no matter what, why give us what we want? By not doing it, they get all the same ratings, and don't tick off any of the antis or anybody else.

This is another reason I won't be watching Season 1 of the "new" Stargate series. Call it what you want: spite? Maybe. Punishment for jerking us around? You'd better believe it. Protection from further jerking? Yes, that, too.

nell
May 8th, 2005, 07:42 PM
Andy867 said: I really felt that I could do one last song since my Army Deployment was delayed due to a family emergency back in March, and I've just been struggling to find the right song until now. Well, anyway, enjoy.

Many thanks for sharing your talent with us. Terrific Sam and Jack video. Take care!! :)

ses110
May 8th, 2005, 08:09 PM
Mary it like the old saying Nice Guys finish last.The Shippers have been Nice and Loyal and we did not get the Shippy resolution we wanted.I wish I missed most of the Season 8 episodes.I only missed PU.I wonder if we would have gotten our Shippy resolution in Threads or Moebius if the ratings were hurting.I still cannot believe TPTB do not give us the Shippy resolution with Season 9 and Atlantis Season 2 coming out.I always though it made good Business sense to try to reach out to all the groups.It made no sense to not have a Shippy resolution because of fear of the Non-Shippers.The Jack character will not be in Season 9 enough for the Ship to take over the Show.I may have been willing to give Season 9 a try if TPTB gave us our Shippy resolution.I'am like you Mary.I'am not watching because of spite Punishment and protection from jerking us around.It is also because of very little Jack in Season 9.It's amazing SG-1 has lasted 8 Years with some of the decision made by TPTB.

ST-1
May 8th, 2005, 09:02 PM
Ahoy there shippers! I am new to this forum, but have been lurking for quite some time enjoying all the pics, fan art, music videos, etc. :)

Anyway, the reason I'm here is to share my own fan art. Go here (http://community.webshots.com/album/341645786dsOrmX) and check it out. It's amateurish compared to most of what I've seen posted here, but it was fun to make anyway. :p Let me know what you think!

Cassie
May 8th, 2005, 09:12 PM
WELCOME TO THE SHIPPER FAMILY ST-1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Really great fan art ;) love the 2nd one I'm a "Always" girl :D

ST-1
May 8th, 2005, 09:24 PM
Thank you! :D
I'm hoping I won't get b!tchslapped by webshots for uploading "celebrity" pics, but I did cite the source. I guess the worst they can do is take 'em down...then I'll be sad. In the meantime, I'm ridiculously proud of my efforts. :rolleyes: Doesn't take much to keep this shipper afloat!

I like the lying on the sand one, too...except my imagination grinds to a halt when I think of the sand...gritty, gritty sand... :eek:

Anyway, thanks for the welcome! ;)

Andy867
May 8th, 2005, 09:31 PM
I still cannot believe TPTB do not give us the Shippy resolution with Season 9 and Atlantis Season 2 coming out.

But if you think about what Jack said in Moebius, then the shippers fan should be happy

and I am referring to this line

I'll take care of it, you've got packing to do. To me, this implies that they are moving in together. I'd called that pretty shippy

Uber
May 8th, 2005, 09:34 PM
But if you think about what Jack said in Moebius, then the shippers fan should be happy

and I am referring to this line

I'll take care of it, you've got packing to do. To me, this implies that they are moving in together. I'd called that pretty shippy
Ooh, I hate bursting a shipper's bubble...but Joe Mallozzi answered that question on the "Ask Joe" thread...

Moebius 2 spoilers....

He said that the "packing" line had to do with her getting ready for their fishing trip.

So still shippy...since I think they were there before Teal'c and Daniel showed up...but not nearly as shippy as yours.

sueKay
May 9th, 2005, 01:40 AM
((((SHIPPER FAMILY))))

gads I've missed this place!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anywho...my exams start this week, and I won't have home internet for another couple of months, BUT...I've been busy (who says you need internet to enjoy the fandom?)

1. There's a VS9 forum so if you're interested in contributing to the virtual seaon, go to http://s11.invisionfree.com/Stargate_VS9

2. - Working on my own spin off of sorts - called Stargate Alpha...it's set six months from now and is being beta-ed by the marvelous Su Freund!

3 - I HAVE GRAPHICS PROGRAMS!!!!! If you want a sig, just email me telling me EXACTLY what you want so that I can get the necessary piccies from the internet and save them to disk

Well folks...I gotta go...and I hope everyone enjoyed the little snippet with RDA...I'm not going to hold my breath, but I'm taking his comments in a positive light!

blueiris
May 9th, 2005, 07:21 AM
Ooh, I hate bursting a shipper's bubble...but Joe Mallozzi answered that question on the "Ask Joe" thread...

Moebius 2 spoilers....

He said that the "packing" line had to do with her getting ready for their fishing trip.

So still shippy...since I think they were there before Teal'c and Daniel showed up...but not nearly as shippy as yours.
((((((Shippers))))))

Just wanted to add that I too believe that Sam and Jack were at the cabin before Daniel and Teal'c showed up. And when Jack said Sam had packing to do, I took that as they were already living together. He knew she had not packed yet. Either his suitcase is packed and he's waiting for hers to join it, as in they are in the same room. Or, she's got packing to do, as in with him, together. I just assumed from the way is was said that this was the case. *the suit case*

Take care everyone!

galaxy
May 9th, 2005, 07:49 AM
Hello Shipper Family :) *wave*

Did someone say beneath the surface?
awww...

http://tinypic.com/50qszm

I never get tired of watching that scene/ep! *sigh*

I missed you all so much! :)

and

WELCOME ST-1!!!!!!

:) :) :) :) :)

Token
May 9th, 2005, 08:24 AM
http://bestsmileys.com/birthday1/10.gif
http://bestsmileys.com/birthday2/1.gif

aeromathlete!!

May all your Shipper dreams come true!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v334/Token04/SamJackLCRS.jpg
May your year be as FANTABULOUS as you!
I just love birthdays!! :D :D hmmm.....I think Tame has one coming. :rolleyes:

sueKay
May 9th, 2005, 08:27 AM
HAPPY BIRTHDAY AEROMATHLETE!!!!!!!!!!!

Have a great day and make sure to have lots of cake!

sueKay
May 9th, 2005, 08:30 AM
OKAY ROLLCALL!!!!!!!!!!!

Want involved in VS9?

Then email

[email protected]

or

[email protected]

alternatively, register at Stargate VS9 (http://s11.invisionfree.com/Stargate_VS9)

and get thinking!

galaxy
May 9th, 2005, 08:49 AM
:) ;) :D :p :rolleyes: :cool: :eek: :)

HAPPY BIRTHDAY AEROMATHLETE!!!!!!!

http://tinypic.com/50r59l

I hope you have a wonderful and very special day!!!

:) ;) :D :cool: :eek: :p :rolleyes: :)

Rogue
May 9th, 2005, 10:17 AM
What if RDA had signed up for Season 9?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v474/mkmoulder/Stargate/icon-1.jpg

AT: Damn it Rick! Now they are going to change the ending to Threads.
RDA: God, one more year of URST. I am never going to get Sam in bed!

dipsofjazz
May 9th, 2005, 10:32 AM
http://bestsmileys.com/birthday2/1.gif

aeromathlete!!

May all your Shipper dreams come true!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v334/Token04/SamJackLCRS.jpg
May your year be as FANTABULOUS as you!
I just love birthdays!! :D :D hmmm.....I think Tame has one coming. :rolleyes:
:D I'll just *cough* borrow Token's post, and wish aeromathlete a happy birthday too. :D

:rolleyes: Oh no! It's not time to start Tame's birthday countdown yet, is it? Hmmm...only 4 months to go! :p Yep, you're right...better start now! :D

girlgater
May 9th, 2005, 10:44 AM

I love it!

LOL4JACK
May 9th, 2005, 10:49 AM

ROFLMAO.... http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/36/36_11_6.gif

Thanks Rogue, it's what I needed, I had to travel to Venezuela to renew my work visa and I had bad luck in the US consulate... I'm stuck her for at least a month! no Stargate everyday, no super Stargate Scifi Monday and worts of all...

I've never seen BtS and it's on today... what else can go wrong! http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/36/36_1_44.gif

ST-1
May 9th, 2005, 10:57 AM
Hello Shipper Family :) *wave*

and

WELCOME ST-1!!!!!!

:) :) :) :) :)

Aw, thank you! :) I'm glad to be here...and I can't wait to watch "Beneath the Surface" tonight! ;)

sugarshaker
May 9th, 2005, 11:12 AM
Happy Birthday Aeromathlete!

pittsburghgirl
May 9th, 2005, 11:22 AM
thanx Rogue=-that was great

pittsburghgirl
May 9th, 2005, 11:24 AM
didn't i used to be a goa'uld underling??? now I am a death glider pilot-have i been demoted oh great and mighty system lord Rogue?

Rogue
May 9th, 2005, 11:27 AM
didn't i used to be a goa'uld underling??? now I am a death glider pilot-have i been demoted oh great and mighty system lord Rogue?

Yeah, I lost post too. I was so close to getting to have a personal avator.

pittsburghgirl
May 9th, 2005, 11:31 AM
Yeah, I lost post too. I was so close to getting to have a personal avator.
ah the price one pays for the fickleness of the GW forum.

ohshocking
May 9th, 2005, 12:42 PM

Lol! Genius.

florence
May 9th, 2005, 01:07 PM
http://yelims2.free.fr/Fete/HappyBirthDay.gif
Happy birthday aeromathlete !
Hope all your shippy dreams come true ! :)

http://yelims.free.fr/Coucou/Coucou00.gif
Welcome ST-1 (and other newbies I may have missed these last few days) :)

And finally, some OT : pittsburghgirl and Rogue, I've lost posts too in the latest GW break down, I think something like 100 posts :eek:

Sam_o_Neill
May 9th, 2005, 01:49 PM

LOL! Thats great Rogue!! :D:D:D

Sam_o_Neill
May 9th, 2005, 01:54 PM
HAPPY BIRTHDAY AEROMATHLETE!!!! :D:D:D:D:D:D

Hope you have a great day!!!

melpomene
May 9th, 2005, 02:58 PM
Happy Birthday!!!!!!

TameFarrar
May 9th, 2005, 03:35 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v142/TameFarrar/just%20for%20fun/birthday99-4-a.gif
aeromathlete!!

TameFarrar
May 9th, 2005, 03:36 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v142/TameFarrar/just%20for%20fun/Welcome.gif

to all of the new family members :D :D

aeromathlete
May 9th, 2005, 04:48 PM

and

Sam x

So glad you're back! The ship family wouldn't be whole without each and every one of its treasured members!

*sighs, in the continued wait for better information regarding Season 9*

It's difficult to stay on topic in the between-season periods. We all sit around our big online campfire, waiting, speculating, comiserating, and conducting countless other verbs that end with -ing.

But thanks for all the birthday wishes from all the shippers who were so kind! You guys are awesome! ((((((((ship family))))))))

Cassie
May 9th, 2005, 04:58 PM
:) ;) :D :p :rolleyes: :cool: :eek: :)

HAPPY BIRTHDAY AEROMATHLETE!!!!!!!

http://tinypic.com/50r59l

I hope you have a wonderful and very special day!!!

:) ;) :D :cool: :eek: :p :rolleyes: :)

Just borrowing ;) Aeromathlete HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

p.s. doesn't Sam look like she is wearing Jack's jacket! :D

Daniel's_twin
May 9th, 2005, 05:33 PM
HAPPY BIRTHDAY AEROMATHLETE! Celebrate and watch the shippiest episode you can think of. :cool:

Kri
May 9th, 2005, 05:35 PM

Hmm... I'd still be watching! :D

lonely_star
May 9th, 2005, 05:38 PM
I see we have picturesque birthday present so here we go! HAPPY BIRTHDAY AEROMATHLETE

WELCOME ST-1

and ((((((Shipper Family )))))) enjoys Beneath the surface

http://img228.echo.cx/img228/9184/bts2df.jpg

http://img228.echo.cx/img228/4455/bts10em.jpg

lonely_star
May 9th, 2005, 05:40 PM
http://img228.echo.cx/img228/5056/bts27lm.jpg

http://img228.echo.cx/img228/5867/bts33eg.jpg

lonely_star
May 9th, 2005, 05:42 PM
and because we never have enough ....

http://img228.echo.cx/img228/7366/bts45ad.jpg

http://img228.echo.cx/img228/5686/bts54gf.jpg

http://img228.echo.cx/img228/5997/bts62xu.jpg

Hex.FTB.enabled
May 9th, 2005, 05:52 PM
^will be on in a few minutes! :D

lonely_star
May 9th, 2005, 06:04 PM
and what about a little hand contact before it starts???

http://img228.echo.cx/img228/2579/bts77uj.jpg

and a little angst ....

http://img228.echo.cx/img228/8675/bts87xu.jpg

http://img228.echo.cx/img228/4761/bts95xo.jpg

Hex.FTB.enabled
May 9th, 2005, 06:09 PM
Gotta have my daily angst. ;)

sg-1fanintn
May 9th, 2005, 06:10 PM
Here I am in Knoxville. Good seminar, but the hotel doesn't have SciFi. I'm glad I set my vcr. I'm looking forward to seeing BTS again.....

Just wanna say:

Happy Birthday, aeromathlete! :p

Welcome, St-1! :o

Love the caption, Rogue! :D

Good luck, LOL4JACK! :rolleyes:

Thanks for the BTS pix, lonely star! :o

Excellent post, Uber, as always...... :p

Hex.FTB.enabled
May 9th, 2005, 06:25 PM
Oh, question: since BTS is airing right now, I've heard people theorize that Sam and Jack had a sexual relationship, not just openness about their feelings. Is this just a conclusion drawn from the length of time they're together as Jonas and Thera, or is there a specific thing I should be looking for here?

sg-1fanintn
May 9th, 2005, 06:32 PM
I think it's wishful thinking.....or whatever your imagination wants it to be, based on the fact that they were stuck there for awhile.

sg1rox
May 9th, 2005, 08:21 PM
BTW - Dreamwatch may have a new interview with RDA soon from the tiny excerpt I read it sounds like he's taking a year break...never mentioned retirement...just mentioned gearing down to not working this season

Ummmm... where can we find this article? Is it out yet? Sorry for what may be a dumb question... I did a search for "Dreamwatch" & found the mag subscription site, but no mention of RDA... Can someone give me more 411 or a stear in the right direction?

Thanks!!!

Spimman
May 9th, 2005, 09:24 PM
I needed to vent a little, when I watched "Beneath the Surface" tonight I just had to think how much time the writers had to let Sam and jack get together...that would have been perfect...I'm not a regular around here, but I feel the pain! :(

Uber
May 9th, 2005, 09:55 PM
BTW - Dreamwatch may have a new interview with RDA soon
from the tiny excerpt I read it sounds like he's taking a year break...never mentioned retirement...just mentioned gearing down to not working this season
Uhhh...say wha...hunh?

I have heard no such thing. Not that I'm doubting you...

Well, okay; I'm doubting you.

Just kidding.

Can you provide a link or a scanned image of this article to the rest of us poor shippers out here???

gatebee
May 9th, 2005, 10:36 PM
http://img228.echo.cx/img228/5056/bts27lm.jpg

http://img228.echo.cx/img228/5867/bts33eg.jpg
drats I forgot to watch tonight.....can someone please tell me what Jonas (Jack ) was telling Thera (Sam) that she has this lovely smile on her face.

ohshocking
May 9th, 2005, 11:17 PM
drats I forgot to watch tonight.....can someone please tell me what Jonas (Jack ) was telling Thera (Sam) that she has this lovely smile on her face.
He says he remembers 'feeling feelings' and she asks 'for me?' to which he replies 'no, for Tor' which makes her giggle :)

Queen_Bee
May 9th, 2005, 11:47 PM
hey hey shipper family

good to be back!... i have been so busy lately

might be moving to Melbourne soon to study so wont have too much access to GW :( i m soooo sad!

well shall return soon, just got home from work and need to go and eat
Lurve and Omlettes
Bee

aeromathlete
May 10th, 2005, 01:05 AM
You all find the best shippy pics! They're beautiful! Hopefully we get some more memorable scenes come S9!

John_Sheppard
May 10th, 2005, 02:09 AM
Yeah I agree. I'm hoping that they don't think just because Jacks not gonna be in it a lot that they can just bring the relationship to a halt.

Myrth
May 10th, 2005, 04:21 AM
Re: Beneath The Surface (my equal fav ep with Grace) I found this on Sally Reeve's fanfic site.....

Note: In the original script for "Beneath the Surface", Carter and O'Neill were lovers during their time on P3R-118. This story is based on that premis.

Soo... if Sally's here, maybe she can fill us in on where that comes from?

I do know in the commentary for BTS, Peter D was saying they were supposed to kiss, but they'd already used up the kissin quota for s4... shame, I'd a rather they'd put it in BTS than Window Of Opportunity.... ah well!

John_Sheppard
May 10th, 2005, 04:45 AM
Lol, Myrth, nice sig. Good quotes, good pics, always make for a good sig.

There moment in grace was good. Best kiss they've had I think. Still like their moment in the Season Final of Season 8! Very nice!

pittsburghgirl
May 10th, 2005, 05:40 AM
Yeah I agree. I'm hoping that they don't think just because Jacks not gonna be in it a lot that they can just bring the relationship to a halt.
i hate to say it but...i think that is exactly what they are going to do. I guess my bank of trust in those guys has been used up. negative balance in the account right now.

sueKay
May 10th, 2005, 06:28 AM
Okay...I'll do a search for Dreamwatch and find the article...I got the tip via my spoiler group

http://www.skyone.co.uk/section/pgesectioninterview.aspx?pid=28&iid=19

I found out when he said it...last year, but it is about season nine...

As season eight of Stargate launches, dreamwatch spoke to one of the stars of the long running and successful show. Season eight sees Jack O'Neill (Richard Dean Anderson) taking command of the SGC as Brigadier General and Richard Dean Anderson tells dreamwatch about what this has meant.

"O'Neill is a fish out of water in his new position," notes Anderson. "On paper he really doesn't belong in a position of General. O'Neill would rather be a man of action than a man of great thought or great organisation."

Anderson also starred in the opening episode of the Stargate SG-1 spin-off show Stargate Atlantis, an opportunity he clearly relished, "I had a ball doing Atlantis, I had more fun than anybody on that. I got to ride in a helicopter for 10 hours."

But will he be available for a ninth season?

"I don't know what the scenario would need to be in order for me to stay connected to the franchise. I like relaxing right now and I'm easing myself into a state of mind that has me not working next season."

girlgater
May 10th, 2005, 06:50 AM
Thanks for finding the article, sueKay. It really doesn't make me feel any better or worse about RDA's appearance in Seasons 8 and 9. I'd like to think that even with his daughter, he will miss working and come back for a few episodes in season 9. I took about a year off when my youngest son was born and I did miss work (but of course, I'm not RDA and my lifestyle was no where near as fortunate as his). Still...acting is something he has done all his life; I can't imagine him walking away from it totally.

Ideally I'd like for Sam to continue to be strong in her position on SG1, but also for us to have a resolution to all this angst with Jack. My wish list...a big honkin' kiss between the REAL Jack/Sam and an announcement of the relationship to Daniel/Teal'c--both would be the ultimate! :)

lonely_star
May 10th, 2005, 07:31 AM
Thanks for finding the article, sueKay. It really doesn't make me feel any better or worse about RDA's appearance in Seasons 8 and 9. I'd like to think that even with his daughter, he will miss working and come back for a few episodes in season 9. I took about a year off when my youngest son was born and I did miss work (but of course, I'm not RDA and my lifestyle was no where near as fortunate as his). Still...acting is something he has done all his life; I can't imagine him walking away from it totally.

Ideally I'd like for Sam to continue to be strong in her position on SG1, but also for us to have a resolution to all this angst with Jack. My wish list...a big honkin' kiss between the REAL Jack/Sam and an announcement of the relationship to Daniel/Teal'c--both would be the ultimate! :)

yeah thanks SueKay but as girlgater says, It doesn't make me feel better..We'll have to wait and see fellows !

about Sam being strong in her position to SG1, I've just seen the interview with Ben Browder and mister says he's the leader of SG1 !! :( :S I think I'm not gonna like this guy...didn't like his interview and the fact he kinda is here instead of RDA doesn't make the things better for him ! :o anyway maybe he says that only for the six first new episodes and I hope so but it seems compromised for Sam to be in charge of SG1 :(

Rogue
May 10th, 2005, 08:57 AM
yeah thanks SueKay but as girlgater says, It doesn't make me feel better..We'll have to wait and see fellows !

about Sam being strong in her position to SG1, I've just seen the interview with Ben Browder and mister says he's the leader of SG1 !! :( :S I think I'm not gonna like this guy...didn't like his interview and the fact he kinda is here instead of RDA doesn't make the things better for him ! :o anyway maybe he says that only for the six first new episodes and I hope so but it seems compromised for Sam to be in charge of SG1 :(

I don't think they gave Sam much of a chance to lead SG-1. IMO, they didn't want a female leader of SG-1. Now they have a chance to move a guy back into that position.

sueKay
May 10th, 2005, 09:00 AM
I'm not looking forward to Mitchell at all...His character sounds obnoxious...I don't like impatient people in RL...I doubt I will in TV either...What WOULD pique my interest would be if Sam and Cameron hated each others' guts...y'know...some tension...NOT sexual tension, but a personality clash

pittsburghgirl
May 10th, 2005, 09:22 AM
I don't think they gave Sam much of a chance to lead SG-1. IMO, they didn't want a female leader of SG-1. Now they have a chance to move a guy back into that position.
Rogue you are ab-sol-tootlie correct. they are really not very good at protraying women in a strong and positive light-all you have to do is look at what they did to Sam-and the way the Shep pushes Weir around-they lack women writers and they have absolutely no sense when it comes to writing relationships-and I am not talking about love interests, i'm talking relationships-period.

Rogue
May 10th, 2005, 09:34 AM
Rogue you are ab-sol-tootlie correct. they are really not very good at protraying women in a strong and positive light-all you have to do is look at what they did to Sam-and the way the Shep pushes Weir around-they lack women writers and they have absolutely no sense when it comes to writing relationships-and I am not talking about love interests, i'm talking relationships-period.

Yeah, they had plenty of chances to write Sam as a strong leader. But they didn't. They chose to write non-team eps and focusing on Sams personal life. You right about Shep/Weir. He doesn't respect her authority.

Daniel's_twin
May 10th, 2005, 09:48 AM
Yeah, they had plenty of chances to write Sam as a strong leader. But they didn't. They chose to write non-team eps and focusing on Sams personal life. You right about Shep/Weir. He doesn't respect her authority.

Sometimes I think he might've missed his calling in life. He's a cowboy.

But anyway, we're not here to talk about that. Maybe they are letting Sam's character slip, but hopefully they will amend that in S9. She probably won't the the leader she could've been in 8 because of Ben Browder taking over SG-1, but if TPTB have any sense, they will fix whatever they've broken. :cool:

LOL4JACK
May 10th, 2005, 10:06 AM
I'm terrified of what I'm reading, I don't like the idea of BB leading SG-1, Pittsburgirl you make a very good point regarding the Shep/Weir, TPTB haven't make it work out, even though they respect each other Weir does not fully respect her command.

Sam was even a leader when O'Neill was leading SG1, We haven't even heard of what will Sam be when she comes back, we've asked Joe, but he has not answered and hasn't been around for a while, no news either from the convention.

S9 is getting scarier... :S

lonely_star
May 11th, 2005, 06:57 AM
I'm terrified of what I'm reading, I don't like the idea of BB leading SG-1, Pittsburgirl you make a very good point regarding the Shep/Weir, TPTB haven't make it work out, even though they respect each other Weir does not fully respect her command.

Sam was even a leader when O'Neill was leading SG1, We haven't even heard of what will Sam be when she comes back, we've asked Joe, but he has not answered and hasn't been around for a while, no news either from the convention.

S9 is getting scarier... :S

I totally agree, I don't like this at all either :( I wish Sam will kick his butt when she'll come back! do we know what rank he is ? colonel ? major ? so it could give us a good idea of what is going to happen. I really hope they won't screw up again with the sam's character because If jack doesn't show up and if they screw Sam we will only have our eyes to cry... :(

SueKay I think it's a very good idea. I'd like to see Sam hating Mitchell. I'm sure it could give something more to the show thay we haven't had yet.

I hope Joe will come and answer our questions soon, or we will have news from RDA in the interview or anything who can give our little hearts a little light and hope... :p

until then, shippy thoughts to all my family (((((((((((family)))))))))))
I'll see ya guys later

girlgater
May 11th, 2005, 07:07 AM
Hi Everybody! I'm so glad we're back; I missed everyone terribly.

In reading about BB and the questions regarding what his rank will be in comparison with Sam, I had a crazy thought (one that I'm not particulary happy with). We've talked for ages about Jack resigning from the Air Force and working as a civilian. What if it's Sam that resigns? If they had her character resign, then there wouldn't be the issue with who has the highest rank and BB leading SG-1. She would still be eligible to be a team member of SG-1--wouldn't she? I can't say I particularly like the idea, but perhaps that's why there hasn't been any clarification of who will lead SG-1 in regards to rank. I'd hate to see Sam give up her military rank, but if it meant that she and Jack could be together??? I know it's a crazy idea, but I wanted to throw it out and see what everyone else thought... :rolleyes:

LOL4JACK
May 11th, 2005, 07:14 AM
I totally agree, I don't like this at all either :( I wish Sam will kick his butt when she'll come back! do we know what rank he is ? colonel ? major ? so it could give us a good idea of what is going to happen. I really hope they won't screw up again with the sam's character because If jack doesn't show up and if they screw Sam we will only have our eyes to cry... :(

SueKay I think it's a very good idea. I'd like to see Sam hating Mitchell. I'm sure it could give something more to the show thay we haven't had yet.

I hope Joe will come and answer our questions soon, or we will have news from RDA in the interview or anything who can give our little hearts a little light and hope... :p

until then, shippy thoughts to all my family (((((((((((family)))))))))))
I'll see ya guys later
Hi Lonely Star,

I think Mitchell is a Colonel too, but I might have read somewhere that he has a lower rank than Sam... so.... NO IDEA WHAT TPTB HAVE IN MIND.

Joe also wrote that they loved the new ep and that Mitchell's character was great, so great that he had no words to explain and that we had to wait until SG1 started. MS has also said that everything is great and they are having lots of fun... so I definitely think that SG-1 S9 is 100% Guys stuff.... with super sexy Vala....

Far, far away from our SG-1, team, friendship, loyalty, shippinnes... Damn! I get more terrified every day...

How many days until S9 starts? can we have a countdown....!!!!

ohshocking
May 11th, 2005, 07:18 AM

In reading about BB and the questions regarding what his rank will be in comparison with Sam, I had a crazy thought (one that I'm not particulary happy with). We've talked for ages about Jack resigning from the Air Force and working as a civilian. What if it's Sam that resigns? If they had her character resign, then there wouldn't be the issue with who has the highest rank and BB leading SG-1. She would still be eligible to be a team member of SG-1--wouldn't she? I can't say I particularly like the idea, but perhaps that's why there hasn't been any clarification of who will lead SG-1 in regards to rank. I'd hate to see Sam give up her military rank, but if it meant that she and Jack could be together??? I know it's a crazy idea, but I wanted to throw it out and see what everyone else thought... :rolleyes:
I'm sure it was mentioned somewhere, though that The Homeworld Security (is that right?) that Jack's going to run would be only civilians... hmmm, but didn't Hammond go there? Now I'm confused....

Anyway, I for one, seriously hope Sam doesn't give up her military career and that she's back in charge of SG-1, once she returns from goodness-knows-where! I thought BB's character was a Lt. Col, so same rank as Sam.

LOL4JACK
May 11th, 2005, 07:33 AM

I thought about that too some time ago, I thought anything to get our S/J together, but looking at the SG-1 I'm not liking it.... so for J/S to be together we have:

- Sam in the military
* Jack out of the military in HW security
* Sam migh or might not have the lead in SG-1

- Sam out of the military
* Jack leading HW security
* Sam not leading SG-1

I don't know but it all looks kind off bittersweet...

Tame, thanks for my first energy bar ((((((((((TAME)))))))))))

girlgater
May 11th, 2005, 07:42 AM
It is sad to think that for Jack and Sam to be together they have to make sacrifices in regards to their military careers. I don't know; I was more comfortable with Jack retiring from the military and going into civilian duties than entertaining the thoughts of Sam doing something drastic. All this speculation before Season 9 starts is driving me crazy (will July ever get here???) One minute I'm positive and the next I'm burying my head in my pillow. Whatever TPTB do...I hope it ultimately leads to Sam and Jack being together. It just has to. (oops, ended that sentence with a preposition). ;)

pittsburghgirl
May 11th, 2005, 07:55 AM
It is sad to think that for Jack and Sam to be together they have to make sacrifices in regards to their military careers. I don't know; I was more comfortable with Jack retiring from the military and going into civilian duties than entertaining the thoughts of Sam doing something drastic. All this speculation before Season 9 starts is driving me crazy (will July ever get here???) One minute I'm positive and the next I'm burying my head in my pillow. Whatever TPTB do...I hope it ultimately leads to Sam and Jack being together. It just has to. (oops, ended that sentence with a preposition). ;)
Well we all knew that something had to give in their relationship. They way they set them up someone had to blink. Jack was the most logical of the two-but then i shudder to use the word logical in regard(s) to that show-because I haven't seen anything in the last two seasons-especially-that had anything to do with being logical.

TameFarrar
May 11th, 2005, 08:05 AM

Ya know as much as I would NOT want to see Sam give up anything.....

It may be that Amanda Tapping has possibly requested that she have more family time now with the new addition. So it very well maybe that they will allow Sam Carter to be a scientific leader.

However, even if she does not resign (whew :)) I can still see her as the lead brain and Cam Mitchell being the brawn. and together they lead the team.

pittsburghgirl
May 11th, 2005, 08:07 AM
Ya know as much as I would NOT want to see Sam give up anything.....

It may be that Amanda Tapping has possibly requested that she have more family time now with the new addition. So it very well maybe that they will allow Sam Carter to be a scientific leader.

However, even if she does not resign (whew :)) I can still see her as the lead brain and Cam Mitchell being the brawn. and together they lead the team.
Good thoughts there Tame-I would hope that they would be working as a real team. After the last two seasons-I really don't have much positive on what they are going to do with Sam. And they can't have two SG-1 Niners you know. And after all Sam has had 8 years with that team...

TameFarrar
May 11th, 2005, 08:10 AM
Good thoughts there Tame-I would hope that they would be working as a real team. After the last two seasons-I really don't have much positive on what they are going to do with Sam. And they can't have two SG-1 Niners you know. And after all Sam has had 8 years with that team...
I am really looking forward to the TEAM stepping through the Gate again :D THAT makes me happiest of all. :D

I really do hope that TPTB realize that after the Spud Fiasco...Sam will ONLY be with Jack...even if it is in a long distance relationship :D...That way they will LEAVE SAM ALONE when it comes to love lives..:)

ETA: sheesh got caught up and forgot to say this in response ;) By leaving Sam OUT of the *ships on the show* they really do have a GREAT chance to show her as the Smart, brainy, tough chick we love. TPTB for some reason can not do both..:S either Sam is in a downward spiral because she...*GASP* fell in love...OR She is tough, competent and sharp....well of course its because she is focused and love has not blinded her....(sheesh)
So I am hopeful that TPTB will figure out that woman really aren't this one dimensional...but I ain't holding my breath ;)

They have three guys they can now have some fun with....Let all of the guys be *Capt Kirk* for the day IF you must have love lives...but leave Sam & Jack alone :D

however, my level of trust is the same as everyone else's ...I will wait & see :D

sueKay
May 11th, 2005, 08:23 AM
Gotta get this out of my system....

I'VE LEFT SCHOOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh that feels much better now!

Anywho...

I dunno...My feelings on S9 change as the days go by...I'll DEFINITELY watch it and see what it's like, but if it's horrible, then I'll bury my head in the sand and read a lotta fanfic.

I think I'll like Vala, but I'm not sure about Mitchell...

Daniel's_twin
May 11th, 2005, 12:12 PM
My feelings on S9 change as the days go by...I'll DEFINITELY watch it and see what it's like, but if it's horrible, then I'll bury my head in the sand and read a lotta fanfic.

I think I'll like Vala, but I'm not sure about Mitchell...

I agree that at the moment, it's iffy. But hopefully, the writers will realize how badly they messed up in the first half of S8 and avoid those mistakes and not make similar ones in S9.

I am hopeful that it will stay good. None shall tear my hopes down! unlessl TPTB do it for me. :cool:

Hex.FTB.enabled
May 11th, 2005, 12:46 PM
I am really looking forward to the TEAM stepping through the Gate again :D THAT makes me happiest of all. :D
Indeed. Despite all the up and down ship, going through the gate IS SG-1, and I've missed it. Maybe we'll get to see Sam leading the team and coming home to Jack. Yeah, still got some hope. :rolleyes:

Gatetrixer
May 11th, 2005, 01:06 PM

Watched Threads again recently (okay, I fast-forwarded through the diner part this time!) and I think it's important to remember what they showed in the intro. Like the D&C scenes, etc. Then the ep finished with Pete dispatched, Kerry bowing out and Sam/Jack fishing(a shipper fan wish since whenever). I'll lay a bet that TPTB are puzzled that fans still think they aren't together. Okay together as an item, even though we are told Sam is far, far away and Jack will be in DC eventually. Now I wasn't happy with just showing them fishing (and nothing else)and they could have said more definitive words to each other, but I think we are meant to believe, as I said, Sam and Jack are committed to each other. And if anything shows up in S9 that says otherwise I'll be one of the first that runs kicking and screaming after TPTB. (not that it will help, but..........)

katethegater
May 11th, 2005, 02:06 PM
:) Hi Guys,
can't believe i've got to wait until July to see Threads (thats when the DVD come out in the UK) you have so wet my appetite!

I really hope that Sam's absence from the first few episodes of seaon 9 is explained as her visiting a friend in DC - if not I will join you running to TPTB! - i just hope we aren't expecting too much? hey ho there is always fanfic to fall back on.

Please keep me posted on any new series 9 spoilers - i'm counting on you all!

Commander Aegir
May 11th, 2005, 02:08 PM
i don't see y america gets season 9 first when they finsihed season 8 last

Commander Aegir
May 11th, 2005, 02:09 PM
hopefully richard dean anderson will be in the last episode and something will happen between sam and jack

dipsofjazz
May 11th, 2005, 02:14 PM
i don't see y america gets season 9 first when they finsihed season 8 last
The US gets the first ten episodes, and then has a very long break before they see the second ten episodes. Sky One starts showing the show in September, but apart from a couple of weeks break for Christmas, it shows the programme continuously to the end. This means the UK will get the later episodes before the US. I hope this helps. :)

katethegater
May 11th, 2005, 02:22 PM
Thanks - it does.

Roll on September!

sg-1fanintn
May 11th, 2005, 02:46 PM
Watched Threads again recently (okay, I fast-forwarded through the diner part this time!) and I think it's important to remember what they showed in the intro. Like the D&C scenes, etc. Then the ep finished with Pete dispatched, Kerry bowing out and Sam/Jack fishing(a shipper fan wish since whenever). I'll lay a bet that TPTB are puzzled that fans still think they aren't together. Okay together as an item, even though we are told Sam is far, far away and Jack will be in DC eventually. Now I wasn't happy with just showing them fishing (and nothing else)and they could have said more definitive words to each other, but I think we are meant to believe, as I said, Sam and Jack are committed to each other. And if anything shows up in S9 that says otherwise I'll be one of the first that runs kicking and screaming after TPTB. (not that it will help, but..........)

I think you could be right, Gatetrixer. A few weeks ago in Joe's thread, someone complained that "Threads" and "Moebius 1 & 2" were too vague, and asked Joe about whether Sam and Jack were together at the end of the season. He said he thought it was pretty obvious. I think it's the only time he's addressed the J/S ship at all since the end of S8. But if they didn't know it then, TPTB should certainly know by now that most of us remain uncertain about their status as a couple.

You know, guys see things so much differently than women do.....and as we keep pointing out......TPTB are all guys!

Catysg1
May 11th, 2005, 03:28 PM
Hello (((Shippers)))

I suppose after watching Threads it's kind of obvious that Sam and Jack are or will be together ...the only problem is we never saw the 2 of them together with a real passionate get together and that only for the sake of the rest of the team ( Daniel and Teal'c ) and the regs I don't know but I really do not like it when TPTB have to send Daniel and Teal'c as bodyguards or chaperonnes to make sure that Sam and Jack behave ..it may not entirely mean that but it surely looks like it .

I know that because of the regs they can't be intimate but really they are mature adults ..and I think they have respected the regs so far . Therefore they wouldn't do anything stupid unless one of them is out of the military .

Other shows have got more than a couple in them and the others do not interfere all the time ..Sam and Jack could just be in a few scenes together and have a laugh .It doesn't mean that we have to see D & T too all the time that Sam and Jack are on screen too. Daniel and teal'c could be doing something else somewhere else like visiting a planet , even going bowling together or going and watch a boxing match or something !!!!

Anyway Sam and Jack are together for me even if TPTB doesn't know how to produce a very good ship . :)

and I'm hooked on JAG now ..I'm not part of fandom though :rolleyes: ..just watch the show for what it is ( I saw about 6 episodes so far ..so a lot of catching up to do) ..and the stories are great ..A bit sad sometimes ..well most of the time but great show ..and the chemistry between Harm and Mac is just WOW :) and I don't intend to be part of any fandom about that show ..I know how it ends therefore I can enjoy it :) I love their sense of humor , little banter and their dedication to each other ..but the stories are excellent too :)

Rogue
May 11th, 2005, 04:57 PM
I think you could be right, Gatetrixer. A few weeks ago in Joe's thread, someone complained that "Threads" and "Moebius 1 & 2" were too vague, and asked Joe about whether Sam and Jack were together at the end of the season. He said he thought it was pretty obvious. I think it's the only time he's addressed the J/S ship at all since the end of S8. But if they didn't know it then, TPTB should certainly know by now that most of us remain uncertain about their status as a couple.

You know, guys see things so much differently than women do.....and as we keep pointing out......TPTB are all guys!

Hey Joe, if it was so obvious, then why are people asking? IMO, it was too vague.

TameFarrar
May 11th, 2005, 05:55 PM

Gatetrixer is on the right track I think...TPTB AND AT have always said *Sam & Jack will go fishing*...so they are probably scratching their heads.....

and it is definitely for the reasons you say here...They are guys...and they do see things differently then women...(not all guys...just TPTB guys)

I did say something to Martin Gero at the GW dinner in Vancouver...I said to him - "I am really enjoying the by-play with Shepperd and Weir...IF you choose to go any ship path PLEASE don't let anyone screw it up like they did Sam & Jack"....YES I did TOO say that... he just stared at me for a minute and I figured I had annoyed him...oh well http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v142/TameFarrar/Smiley/dontknow.gif

However, later when Martin and I were talking he did say that there have been a couple of scripts written by women accepted BUT of the women they did extend an offer to for a permenant writing position, none were able to accept. So who knows!!! He did not specify HOW MANY women they asked....so I have no clue there. I do think though that the scripts were for SGA

Kri
May 11th, 2005, 06:22 PM
Alright, who of you will be spending the big bucks next Wednesday to see RDA at this e3expo? I know he is promoting video games, but DANG, who has the courage to ask him about Jack and Sam?

I almost fell out as to how expensive this expo is, just to see him for a few scant minutes at one little booth in a giant expo! :o

TameFarrar
May 11th, 2005, 06:24 PM
Alright, who of you will be spending the big bucks next Wednesday to see RDA at this e3expo? I know he is promoting video games, but DANG, who has the courage to ask him about Jack and Sam?

I almost fell out as to how expensive this expo is, just to see him for a few scant minutes at one little booth in a giant expo! :o
Ya know....if I had it...I would BUT it is not open to the public...so if you are not part of some Gaming Thing....you aren't invited....darn it...Kri...are you part of some Gaming thingy??? if so I want to be you that day :D :D

Kri
May 11th, 2005, 06:27 PM
Ya know....if I had it...I would BUT it is not open to the public...so if you are not part of some Gaming Thing....you aren't invited....darn it...Kri...are you part of some Gaming thingy??? if so I want to be you that day :D :D

Well POOH! I didn't read that far! No wonder he is making an appearance! No overly zealous fans there to worry about ;) He just doesn't get the whole fan thing.... his appeal, etc.

As for Gaming thingy.... does loving Vegas count?

TameFarrar
May 11th, 2005, 06:32 PM
Well POOH! I didn't read that far! No wonder he is making an appearance! No overly zealous fans there to worry about ;) He just doesn't get the whole fan thing.... his appeal, etc.

LOL...I am sure you could figure SOMETHING out ;) Imean since what happens in Vegas stays in Vegas....they WOULD remember you ...right??? :D

Kri
May 11th, 2005, 06:34 PM
Imean since what happens in Vegas stays in Vegas....

Ya know, it's statements like this that are promoting me even further to get my boyfriend there with me! :D Oh, sorry, wrong topic! What were we talking about? Sam and Jack in Vegas? Elvis Chapel O Love? lol!!

sg-1fanintn
May 11th, 2005, 06:46 PM

It's in L. A......so it's not far from his house in Malibu. I guess that's how (plus a big roll of cash, I'm sure) they lured him to appear.

melpomene
May 11th, 2005, 07:42 PM
perhaps it's possible to assume the identity of a member of the gaming industry...

TameFarrar
May 11th, 2005, 07:42 PM
perhaps it's possible to assume the identity of a member of the gaming industry...
LOL... I can just imagine a fan going up saying...*Hi my name is Sam Carter...and I am with HIM* :D

melpomene
May 11th, 2005, 09:24 PM
"Hi uh" (clears throat and looks at name tag) "Mr...Anderson? I know we don't know anything about each other and YOUR a COMPLETE stranger to me but...uh..do you some time off later tonight to discuss the game?"

ForeverSg1
May 11th, 2005, 09:32 PM

I know this will never happen on the show...but it's been a nice little fantasy of mine.

:: phone rings ::

::camera pans to clock::

...it reads 5:00A.M

::A hand reaches over and picks up the phone::

"Hello?"

::a indistinct voice can be heard over the phone::

"Just a minute."

::camera pans back and we see Sam roll over to the other side of the bed::

"Jack, wake up. It's Daniel...he says it's important."

::grumbling Jack takes the phone::

"Daniel, this had better be important"

::More indistinct chatter can be heard over the phone::

"Fine. Yes, Daniel...I'm glad you called.
Don't let them do anything until we get there.
An hour.
Ok...Bye."

:: Sam looks questioningly at Jack ::

"Honeymoon's over?"

"Yep."

:: Sighing, Sam leans over and kisses Jack ::

"I've got dibs on the shower."

"Try not to use all the hot water this time."

"(smiling) Promise."

:: Sam gives Jack another kiss and heads to bathroom ::

Jack lets out a heavy sigh before covering his eyes with his arm.

I ask you...is something like this too much for a poor little shipper to wish for??? :D

melpomene
May 11th, 2005, 09:36 PM
I know this will never happen on the show...but it's been a nice little fantasy of mine.

"Hello?"

"Just a minute."

An hour.
Ok...Bye."

"Honeymoon's over?"

"Yep."

"(smiling) Promise."

I ask you...is something like this too much for a poor little shipper to wish for??? :D

You know that sounds a lot like a fic I wrote.

TameFarrar
May 11th, 2005, 09:40 PM

"Hello?"

"Just a minute."

An hour.
Ok...Bye."

"Honeymoon's over?"

"Yep."

"(smiling) Promise."

Ok fellas thats a wrap!!! I so love this :D :D

ForeverSg1
May 11th, 2005, 09:42 PM
You know that sounds a lot like a fic I wrote.

It does?? Give me the name. I could use something to read tonight. ;)

gatebee
May 11th, 2005, 09:49 PM

Ya when I first saw that I almost fell off my chair till I realized it was for gaming. Ya those gamers won't be drooling all over RDA. The "game" is their zone. Nor will any of them be slightly intereseted in Sam and Jack's future. If we are lucky, maybe there will be that one odd gamer who is also a shipper and manage to poop that one important question.

majorsal
May 11th, 2005, 09:50 PM

I'm on the right.

*wonderful* :D

i miss you guys :(, so thank you for sharing the pic.

sally ;)

gatebee
May 11th, 2005, 09:50 PM

"Hello?"

"Just a minute."

An hour.
Ok...Bye."

"Honeymoon's over?"

"Yep."

"(smiling) Promise."

yes we can indeed but dream on and on and on

melpomene
May 11th, 2005, 09:54 PM
It does?? Give me the name. I could use something to read tonight. ;)

Wake Up Call. Just follow my sig.

ForeverSg1
May 11th, 2005, 09:59 PM
Wake Up Call. Just follow my sig.

Wow!! That is too freaking weird. GMTA

I have to admit...your story is WAY better than my little fantasy.

Loved it.

Kat

majorsal
May 11th, 2005, 10:00 PM
spoilers for s7's chimera and s8's affinity and threads

(snippage)

[...]But even after Chimera and Affinity I still loved the show, but it just kinda dimmed my passion for the series a little.

that's *exactly* how i feel too.

And then they gave us Threads...and I came to the belief that Grace, Chimera and Affinity were just bumps in the long Sam/Jack road. Their journey is a long one...just like Harm and Mac's was...and I still believe that TPTB can get it right, otherwise, why bother with Threads?

Really?

What would have been the point of Threads if they intend to drop the topic entirely? That makes no sense whatsoever to me as a writer and a fan. If they were going to abandon the emotions between them, then Threads would have been the time to do it...with Sam being giddy about getting married and Jack cracking jokes about wearing his formal uniform to the event.

But instead, Sam continued to question the rash decisions she made and realized that marrying Pete would have been a huge mistake.

Score one for the shippers.

thanks for the reminder, hon. not that i forgot, but i like reading the logic behind your reasoning. it's true, but i think i need to have it refreshed once in a while. :p

sally :D

melpomene
May 11th, 2005, 10:04 PM
Wow!! That is too freaking weird. GMTA

I have to admit...your story is WAY better than my little fantasy.

Loved it.

Kat

YAY! Glad you liked it :)

majorsal
May 11th, 2005, 10:23 PM

LOL! :p

i don't know if i can watch/hold out that long, but....

sally :P

blueiris
May 11th, 2005, 10:35 PM
Originally Posted by ÜberSG-1Fan

(snippage)

[...]But even after Chimera and Affinity I still loved the show, but it just kinda dimmed my passion for the series a little.

Dimmed Passion. That would have been a good title for Affinity. And it's aftermath.

melpomene
May 11th, 2005, 10:42 PM
Dimmed Passion. That would have been a good title for Affinity. And it's aftermath.

Like Sam and Jack during the Pete thing, my passion for the show isn't dimmed. Just burning hot and quiet beneath the surface. Tormented, anstified, and fierce.

gatebee
May 11th, 2005, 11:06 PM
LOL! :p

i don't know if i can watch/hold out that long, but....

sally :P
I know exactly what you mean. In facr for S9, I am on the fence to watch or not. I guess what will pull me over eventually is TPTB giving us hints on Sam and Jack where abouts

majorsal
May 11th, 2005, 11:12 PM

from the moment i found out about him being SOOOOOOO close to me (i live in LA county), i've thought about going to that expo JUST TO SEE HIM... but i'm afraid i'd cry, or faint, or babble, or scream, or... just make a complete fool of myself. OR even WORSE, throw myself at his feet and tell him i'd be his love slave and have his children!!! (not kidding) so, suffice it to say, it's better that i don't go. :p

John_Sheppard
May 11th, 2005, 11:12 PM
I just hate it when Sam goes over to tell him she loves him and that chick walks out of the house and RUINS THE MOMENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Jack made up for the anger I was feeling by a few funny moments (the beer spilling, absolutly HILARIUS) but I was still calling that women a number of very bad things which could never be repeated here!!!!!!!!

majorsal
May 11th, 2005, 11:15 PM

you mean i couldn't go, even if i wanted to?... GREAT! i mean, darn. i mean... :S MY BRAIN HURTS! i want rick!!! I REALLY WANT THIS MAN!!!

*everyone run, save yourselves!*

sally :p

melpomene
May 11th, 2005, 11:16 PM
I just hate it when Sam goes over to tell him she loves him and that chick walks out of the house and RUINS THE MOMENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Jack made up for the anger I was feeling by a few funny moments (the beer spilling, absolutly HILARIUS) but I was still calling that women a number of very bad things which could never be repeated here!!!!!!!!

(joins John Sheppard in the 'that woman very bad name calling' ) lessee there's the one I used to call Hathor...

melpomene
May 11th, 2005, 11:18 PM
you mean i couldn't go, even if i wanted to?... GREAT! i mean, darn. i mean... :S MY BRAIN HURTS! i want rick!!! I REALLY WANT THIS MAN!!!

*everyone run, save yourselves!*

sally :p

hey hon meet you in the RDA thunk thread down the hall? it gets quiet there sometimes at night and we could talk about him forever without being called OT!

majorsal
May 11th, 2005, 11:20 PM

"Hello?"

"Just a minute."

An hour.
Ok...Bye."

"Honeymoon's over?"

"Yep."

"(smiling) Promise."

*sighs*

LOVE IT!

(they just need to 'share' that shower)

melpomene
May 11th, 2005, 11:23 PM
*sighs*

LOVE IT!

(they just need to 'share' that shower)

Have you read my fic Wake up Call? ForeverSG1 said it was even better than her post. (smiles proudly after shamelessly marketing her fic)

majorsal
May 11th, 2005, 11:38 PM
Have you read my fic Wake up Call? ForeverSG1 said it was even better than her post. (smiles proudly after shamelessly marketing her fic)

i just finished it (and greened you with my messsage :p). so, YES, i read it. :D

melpomene
May 11th, 2005, 11:42 PM
i just finished it (and greened you with my messsage :p). so, YES, i read it. :D

Thank you!!

melpomene
May 11th, 2005, 11:51 PM
uh-oh. the converation is faltering and i'm running out of excuses not to go to bed. what can we talk about next?

gatebee
May 11th, 2005, 11:53 PM
what joke does Sam like the most that Jack has said in the past 9 yrsSam:"Sir?".....Jack:"That is my side arm." And Sam gives a nice smile.-Solitudes of course

melpomene
May 11th, 2005, 11:58 PM
what joke does Sam like the most that Jack has said in the past 9 yrs

(giddily) Oh hi gatebee! didn't i just see you on the thunk thread? Hey help me talk Majorsal into coming over. She could really use it. If she'd still here that is...

erm what was the question? Oh right, well nine years is a lot of really great Jack lines. I guess we'll just have to name them all. Starting with the National Treasure one from Lost City. I don't think she cared for the ciircumstances, but you can't tell me she didn't think about it later...

melpomene
May 11th, 2005, 11:59 PM
oops you said JOKE I ,missed that, sorry (goes back to think of jokes)

Anubis
May 12th, 2005, 12:14 AM
WOW! Has this thread picked up a lot since I was lurking around in here, some weeks back. It seems to have calmed now in here, so I've starting nosing around, and thought I'd post this .. just to let you know I am nosing around. :P

melpomene
May 12th, 2005, 12:29 AM
WOW! Has this thread picked up a lot since I was lurking around in here, some weeks back. It seems to have calmed now in here, so I've starting nosing around, and thought I'd post this .. just to let you know I am nosing around. :P

All Hail Anubis!! this is a great place to be at three,

Hey that rhymes!! okay(clears throat) seriously always nice to see a delurker de-lurk.

gatebee
May 12th, 2005, 12:33 AM
pic fr stargate1971
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v205/FilBrit1/b59ef333.jpg
Sam and Jack has matching attire....

this is it for me....I'm going of the dream shipland

melpomene
May 12th, 2005, 12:36 AM
pic fr stargate1971
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v205/FilBrit1/b59ef333.jpg
Sam and Jack has matching attire....

this is it for me....I'm going of the dream shipland

that's so cute when they do that. My mom and Dad did that in the...late 70's, early 80's at this one christmas. they were wearing jeans and flannel. My uncle and his wife did it once too but that was tacky. 70's Jogging suits(gags)

melpomene
May 12th, 2005, 01:10 AM
great, now I'm posting to myself. I guess it's almost time to go to bed. Or....

Hey Mel, how ya doin?

Fine, just fine, how're you?

Little lonely here with everybody gone, but you know...

Yeah it's so comfortable, hate to leave huh?

Yep that's about the size of it...

sueKay
May 12th, 2005, 02:28 AM
Hey there!

I have my english exam tomorrow, and I've got my music practical after that, so I'm not going to be on here much.

As for the end of season eight...I have to say I was reasonably happy with what we got, but we deserved more.

Here's what I think

I think that TPTB intended to get Sam and Jack together, but Joe commented that by the time they were filming Moebius, they'd been told that season nine was a reality. Whereas we would be quite happy for Jack to quit the military, most ofthe fanbase wouldn't. It would also be harder to have him in for guest appearances if he became a civillian. I think their intention with the AU kiss was originally to have Sam and Jack remember it. I also think that RDA and AT are shippers and that they're porbably happy with the way it ended.
For me, season nine was a confirmation that this ship wasn't something I plucked from my mind and made up...Apart from Beneath the Surface, Divide and Conquer and Grace, we've never seen them really admit their feelings. Jack skirted around the issue in D&C and Sam was uncomfortable with his confession. BtS, they weren't really themselves, and Grace...Jack's oblivious to that as is Sam to WoO. In season nine, we see them more at ease with their feelings, with Sam trying to tell Jack she loves him and Jack not trying to stop her from telling him (unlike Lost City) and when Kerry brings up the subject of Jack's feelings for Sam, he doesn't ramble on and try and make excuses. He rolls his eyes as if to say 'is it that obvious'?
For me, season eight was a confirmation that they are very much in love and that it is going somewhere. I really think they could have given us a more solid resolution, but in reality, there's a fine line the Air Force probably wouldn't let them cross, and I think they had to be careful in toeing that line.

melpomene
May 12th, 2005, 03:02 AM
I agree

Catysg1
May 12th, 2005, 03:29 AM

"Hello?"

"Just a minute."

An hour.
Ok...Bye."

"Honeymoon's over?"

"Yep."

"(smiling) Promise."

I like it and it is really not much to ask but considering it's a sci-fi show ..I don't think we 'll ever see something like that in any of those shows but hey I'd love to see Sam and Jack either at her place or his place kissing passionately even getting up in the morning .. grabbing a quick coffee and going to work together .....with a nice hug too ...No harm done with a scene like that :)

Catysg1
May 12th, 2005, 03:36 AM
I know exactly what you mean. In facr for S9, I am on the fence to watch or not. I guess what will pull me over eventually is TPTB giving us hints on Sam and Jack where abouts

Yeah season 9 is not very appealling to watch at the moment ..I am even not counting the days this year :cool: I suppose I found other shows to keep me entertained and where all the actors are still present until the very end :)
but I will watch the season premiere because I expect Jack to say something about Sam and something romantically shippy .If he doesn't then it will be TPTB's fault and they will lose me as a fan and I will just become a casual viewer .
I may even skip the casual viewing if they have Vala and Daniel kiss like mad :rolleyes:

sueKay
May 12th, 2005, 03:49 AM
I think I've invested too much in this show to become a casual viewer...I'll either watch it or I won't...I've quit fandoms before. I quit Voyager fandom when it ended and I quit Star Trek fandom altogether when it became farcicle (sp?)

I won't hesitate to do the same for SG1...But...I still have faith in some of thr assosciate PTB {Martin Wood and the directors are great and so obviously shippers) my main problem are the producers. I'm sure they're nice people but they don't understand the female fans of the show very well.

Catysg1
May 12th, 2005, 04:17 AM
I think I've invested too much in this show to become a casual viewer...I'll either watch it or I won't...I've quit fandoms before. I quit Voyager fandom when it ended and I quit Star Trek fandom altogether when it became farcicle (sp?)

I won't hesitate to do the same for SG1...But...I still have faith in some of thr assosciate PTB {Martin Wood and the directors are great and so obviously shippers) my main problem are the producers. I'm sure they're nice people but they don't understand the female fans of the show very well.

Yeah they have a very weird way of writing the ship for the Sam character !!!
I wonder if they ask women around them questions from time to time!!! ..it may help them a little to produce some really good shippy scenes or just excellent interaction between Sam and Jack without looking to awkward , but just normal with a bit of flirting but not over the top and let's get on with the show.

I also think they should let RDA and AT use their natural body language a bit more

....and I watched " Red sky" last night ..and that scene where Sam explains the worm hole thing and the sun on the black board is just lovely .
Jack actually saying something right scientifically and Sam telling him he was right ..and the smile he had on his face ..and Sam too ....this is the kind of scene that we should see when they are together IN SEASON 9 if we see then on screen on the same room !!!!...very relaxed , plenty of smiles and them being proud of each other :)
That I would love to see :)

LOL4JACK
May 12th, 2005, 06:23 AM
Yeah they have a very weird way of writing the ship for the Sam character !!!
I wonder if they ask women around them questions from time to time!!! ..it may help them a little to produce some really good shippy scenes or just excellent interaction between Sam and Jack without looking to awkward , but just normal with a bit of flirting but not over the top and let's get on with the show.

I also think they should let RDA and AT use their natural body language a bit more

....and I watched " Red sky" last night ..and that scene where Sam explains the worm hole thing and the sun on the black board is just lovely .
Jack actually saying something right scientifically and Sam telling him he was right ..and the smile he had on his face ..and Sam too ....this is the kind of scene that we should see when they are together IN SEASON 9 if we see then on screen on the same room !!!!...very relaxed , plenty of smiles and them being proud of each other :)
That I would love to see :)

Hello Caty,

Love the idea for S/J scenes for S9, I loved that smile to.... maybe you should send a video to TPTB... :D :D :D

I'm having some inspirations for a couple of videos.... (I guess you get lots of these requests :D ) Sorry it's like you are a casting director and I'm an actress wanabee :p
- Based on the title of the fanfic (but nothing to do with the fic) Wake up Call.... the song "I just called to say I love you" Stevie Wonder... :D... Sam and Jack on the phone :P :P

- God Only Knows, from the beach boys (the songs says, God only know where I'll be without you!!!! ) Sam and Jack on nice moments like that scene in Red Sky and how they make each other smile :)

Ok, I need to start learning this stuff... what do I need, I already got a computer.....

Daniel's_twin
May 12th, 2005, 06:35 AM
Gooood morning, campers. How are we all feeling? *reads other posts* apparently, still concerned about S9. Well, I still have very little comforting advice except to say Hope for the Best, but plan for the worst. :cool:

LOL4JACK
May 12th, 2005, 07:00 AM
Gooood morning, campers. How are we all feeling? *reads other posts* apparently, still concerned about S9. Well, I still have very little comforting advice except to say Hope for the Best, but plan for the worst. :cool:
Wise advice!

64 Days for S9 Premiere!

sueKay
May 12th, 2005, 08:24 AM
Well...My exams are completely preoccupying me now...so wish me luck for tomorrow!!!!!!

I wonder how Sam and Jack did at their school exams....

Hex.FTB.enabled
May 12th, 2005, 08:40 AM
Well...My exams are completely preoccupying me now...so wish me luck for tomorrow!!!!!!

Good luck my dear! (I so feel your pain). I'm sure Sam got As, and Jack, well, did Jack show up to his exams? :)

ForeverSg1
May 12th, 2005, 09:14 AM
I posted this on another thread, but Rogue suggested I add it here as well.

http://img182.echo.cx/img182/9903/whyme7mu.jpg

It's a bit suggestive...so I'm putting the captions in spoilers.

Sam: Hmm, did you say something?

Pete: I asked you if you wanted me to stop. You don't seem to be enjoying yourself.

Sam: I'm sorry, Pete. I guess my mind was some place else (thinking) with someone else.

ForeverSg1
May 12th, 2005, 09:18 AM

I think Sam breezed through school exams, as did Jack, but he would always pretend like he hadn't studied and avoided letting anyone see his test scores. ;)

I mean come on noone can make it to Brig General and be as dense as Jack comes across sometimes.

The man's got to be a genius to pull off being so clueless the way he does.

girlgater
May 12th, 2005, 09:19 AM
Good Luck, sueKay, on your exams.

I would imagine that Sam did quite well and studied a tremendous amount of time. Jack on the other hand probably did well, but waited to study until the night before. ;)

By the way...it's over $300 to attend that gaming convention where RDA will be. :eek:

pittsburghgirl
May 12th, 2005, 09:28 AM
in other words all that happens when you hold your breath is that you turn blue, pass out and start breathing again?

Daniel's_twin
May 12th, 2005, 09:57 AM
in other words all that happens when you hold your breath is that you turn blue, pass out and start breathing again?

Basically. :cool:

pittsburghgirl
May 12th, 2005, 10:00 AM
Basically. :cool:
uh huh! k-guess we are on the same page here too. I hope that i am just cynically wrong however...

gatebee
May 12th, 2005, 10:13 AM
Hey there!

I have my english exam tomorrow, and I've got my music practical after that, so I'm not going to be on here much.

As for the end of season eight...I have to say I was reasonably happy with what we got, but we deserved more.

Here's what I think

I think that TPTB intended to get Sam and Jack together, but Joe commented that by the time they were filming Moebius, they'd been told that season nine was a reality. Whereas we would be quite happy for Jack to quit the military, most ofthe fanbase wouldn't. It would also be harder to have him in for guest appearances if he became a civillian. I think their intention with the AU kiss was originally to have Sam and Jack remember it. I also think that RDA and AT are shippers and that they're porbably happy with the way it ended.
For me, season nine was a confirmation that this ship wasn't something I plucked from my mind and made up...Apart from Beneath the Surface, Divide and Conquer and Grace, we've never seen them really admit their feelings. Jack skirted around the issue in D&C and Sam was uncomfortable with his confession. BtS, they weren't really themselves, and Grace...Jack's oblivious to that as is Sam to WoO. In season nine, we see them more at ease with their feelings, with Sam trying to tell Jack she loves him and Jack not trying to stop her from telling him (unlike Lost City) and when Kerry brings up the subject of Jack's feelings for Sam, he doesn't ramble on and try and make excuses. He rolls his eyes as if to say 'is it that obvious'?
For me, season eight was a confirmation that they are very much in love and that it is going somewhere. I really think they could have given us a more solid resolution, but in reality, there's a fine line the Air Force probably wouldn't let them cross, and I think they had to be careful in toeing that line.
totally agree with you Suekay

gatebee
May 12th, 2005, 10:14 AM
I agree
wow you are still awake shipping...keeping Sam and Jack company

gatebee
May 12th, 2005, 10:17 AM
I like it and it is really not much to ask but considering it's a sci-fi show ..I don't think we 'll ever see something like that in any of those shows but hey I'd love to see Sam and Jack either at her place or his place kissing passionately even getting up in the morning .. grabbing a quick coffee and going to work together .....with a nice hug too ...No harm done with a scene like that :)

scifi can do romance.....anything is possible....it is all in the powerful hands of TPTB...if they wanted to, they could even have Sam and Jack have kids...it is all in the writing and they have time and again proven themselves to be great writers

gatebee
May 12th, 2005, 10:21 AM

The "producers" I know are all men....don't they have wives or girlfriends....they should be the power behind the thrown and get their partners to write that final ship of ships.

gatebee
May 12th, 2005, 10:25 AM

Good luck Suekay on your exams....hope to see your smiling face after it is all said and done. Sam must have been amazing in school because she was top of her class in astrophysics....can't remember what Jack took...but he was an awesome pilot so he must have aced all his classes too.

ForeverSg1
May 12th, 2005, 10:45 AM
Unspoken Words (http://img23.echo.cx/img23/6057/iloveyou3rn.jpg)

lonely_star
May 12th, 2005, 10:54 AM

wow that's awesome !!!! Thanks for sharing !!!!

I think you deserve this !! for your pic and the scene for season 9!!! ;)
http://img228.echo.cx/img228/1250/goldpinguincoin1pl.jpg

good luck SueKay, you'll be almost done and a big smile on your face, as I am !! i'm done with my 17pages paper I had to write for today! I've spent 12hours on that yesterday that's why I wasn't there but i'm back with you guys! ;) I wanted to rep you for your nice posts, I completely share you feelings about season8 and what you wrote but I have to spread some love before :o

personnaly I'm sure we'll have some stuff in season 9 and i'm looking forward it anyway to see how the new team is working on and to see RDA again!!! ;) I became thunked too!!! :p ;)

ho and Melpomene! I really enjoyed you fic, i'e already read it and stil enjoyed! :) i'll read other stuff you wrote...I love rainy days!!!!! :D

gatebee
May 12th, 2005, 11:07 AM
I posted this on another thread, but Rogue suggested I add it here as well.

http://img182.echo.cx/img182/9903/whyme7mu.jpg

It's a bit suggestive...so I'm putting the captions in spoilers.

Sam: Hmm, did you say something?

Pete: I asked you if you wanted me to stop. You don't seem to be enjoying yourself.

Sam: I'm sorry, Pete. I guess my mind was some place else (thinking) with someone else.

RLOL....Sam was thinking of Jack of course

girlgater
May 12th, 2005, 11:07 AM

I can't give you any green, but WOW what a great pic! Love it, love it.

melpomene
May 12th, 2005, 11:26 AM
(((((((((((((((FOREVERSG1)))))))))))))))))))))))))
beautiful pic!!

Oh news announcement. I just uploaded parts 2 and 3 in The Ladies Men trilogy. I know some people were looking forward to it. Don't know if any of them are here now or not...

Gatebee did you sleep last night? I saw you shortly before I passed out and you were here before me...

gatebee
May 12th, 2005, 11:46 AM
(((((((((((((((FOREVERSG1)))))))))))))))))))))))))
beautiful pic!!

Oh news announcement. I just uploaded parts 2 and 3 in The Ladies Men trilogy. I know some people were looking forward to it. Don't know if any of them are here now or not...

Gatebee did you sleep last night? I saw you shortly before I passed out and you were here before me...
slept for 6 hours and could hear Sam and Jack next door

gatebee
May 12th, 2005, 12:25 PM
pic fr myrth
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v205/FilBrit1/1f27143a.jpg

melpomene
May 12th, 2005, 12:43 PM

I slept for 7. Did you slip a note under thier door? "Congratulations on FINALLY getting your act together!!" ?

gatebee
May 12th, 2005, 01:09 PM
I slept for 7. Did you slip a note under thier door? "Congratulations on FINALLY getting your act together!!" ?
pic fr stargate1971
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v205/FilBrit1/4a14df49.jpg
did not slip any note cause didn't want to bother them. They were rather loud though. hehehehehe

melpomene
May 12th, 2005, 01:10 PM
pic fr stargate1971
did not slip any note cause didn't want to bother them. They were rather loud though. hehehehehe

(blushes) Oh my.

gatebee
May 12th, 2005, 01:12 PM
(blushes) Oh my.
OMG....RLOL at your response...((((( Mel )))))) yes this is so much fun

Critter
May 12th, 2005, 01:18 PM
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

;)

lonely_star
May 12th, 2005, 01:19 PM
I don't know how many hours you guys slept but I know you're dreaming a lot! :D ;) (or hallucinate maybe... :p ) (and i'm not complaining about dreaming with you :D )

anyway, just watched some vids and there's one thing I don't really like in threads...in the infirmary scene
Jack doesn't react at all when she caresses his hand, I mean look at that he doesn't even move, do nothing at all...maybe he thinks he already goes too far cause he's still his CO but come on, she's soooooooo .... :p he could do something, don't you think ???
only regret for this scene!!

oh and the "for being here for me" with this R !! I think it's so funny the way she says that !! I almost laugh all the time!!! and so smile too !!!!!! :D it's ABOUT time!!! ;)

what do you guys think ?

gatebee
May 12th, 2005, 01:27 PM
We are shipper and the only way to go for Sam and Jack is to dream about it since TPTB can't seem to give us RL HONKING KISS....so we dream on

melpomene
May 12th, 2005, 01:27 PM
I don't know how many hours you guys slept but I know you're dreaming a lot! :D ;) (or hallucinate maybe... :p ) (and i'm not complaining about dreaming with you :D )

anyway, just watched some vids and there's one thing I don't really like in threads...in the infirmary scene
Jack doesn't react at all when she caresses his hand, I mean look at that he doesn't even move, do nothing at all...maybe he thinks he already goes too far cause he's still his CO but come on, she's soooooooo .... :p he could do something, don't you think ???

oh and the "for being here for me" with this R !! I think it's so funny the way she says that !! I almost laugh all the time!!! and so smile too !!!!!! :D it's ABOUT time!!! ;)

what do you guys think ?

Yes, well, prolonged insomnia while surgically grafted to GW will tend to disorient one...

dipsofjazz
May 12th, 2005, 01:37 PM

"Hello?"

"Just a minute."

An hour.
Ok...Bye."

"Honeymoon's over?"

"Yep."

"(smiling) Promise."

:D This is great! Is it the opening for Season 9 episode 6? :p

ForeverSg1
May 12th, 2005, 01:39 PM

what do you guys think ?
Oh I don't think so.. I mean think about it. They were in a very public place. Anyone could walk in at anytime and see them together. He's the CO of the SGC and he's sitting in an observatory room with his arm around his subordinate.

The fact that he has his arm around her at all; comforting her where anyone could see them is a huge step for Jack. He basically initiated the intimacy by putting his arm around her and she reciprocated it with the caressing of his hand. For years they have hid any type of affection towards one another, be it love or simple comfort. The only other time I remember seeing them comfort one another in public was when he hugged her during the hypnosis session in Fire and Water.

At least that's how I see it.

dipsofjazz
May 12th, 2005, 01:56 PM
:D This is super! Thanks for posting it for us.

LOL4JACK
May 12th, 2005, 02:14 PM
Gateworld has posted an Q/A with Joe Mallozi, it's old the Q/A was before S8, but....

7. What are the chances for a shippy ending to the series?
Anthea

It’s a two-edged sword, Anthea. As much as I would personally love to see a shippy end to the series, the fact is getting Jack and Sam together would effectively deep-six any chances of further SG-1 adventures. I think we’re looking to wrap up loose ends, but keep the door open for the foreseeable future. That said…

http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost.php?p=4232008&postcount=1007

At least it is confirmed that Joe is a SHIPPER.... :p

girlgater
May 12th, 2005, 02:21 PM
Gateworld has posted an Q/A with Joe Mallozi, it's old the Q/A was before S8, but....

I just read that post as well and it made me feel even more frustrated. How could he say (and think) that bringing Jack and Sam together would "deep-six any chances of further SG-1 adventures"???? It made me just want to scream (and that's a little hard while still being at work).

LOL4JACK
May 12th, 2005, 02:36 PM
I just read that post as well and it made me feel even more frustrated. How could he say (and think) that bringing Jack and Sam together would "deep-six any chances of further SG-1 adventures"???? It made me just want to scream (and that's a little hard while still being at work).
Oops, I forgot that I was going to ask, what does "Deep Six" mean, my english is not that good.... :(

melpomene
May 12th, 2005, 03:07 PM
Oops, I forgot that I was going to ask, what does "Deep Six" mean, my english is not that good.... :(

Basically bury. Permanantly do away with. like "Forced the Russians to Deep Six thier stargate program". And it's not textbook english, it's slang, so don't feel bad about not knowing it.

gatebee
May 12th, 2005, 03:17 PM
pic fr stargate1971
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v205/FilBrit1/b8339730.jpg
pretending that I am Sam....and I say to Jack. Don't worry I'll be back in 4 hours. I just have to do some RL. See you shippers later. ciao

melpomene
May 12th, 2005, 03:31 PM
bye gatebee!!!!!!

ForeverSg1
May 12th, 2005, 03:52 PM

Well at the time of the interview Sam and Jack were still in the same team, with Sam under Jack's command. There would have been no way to continue on with movies, ect with them on the same team if they were involved. It would pretty much ended SG-1. But I'm sure at the time they never thought about Jack becoming a General and taking over Homeworld Security. That in itself should alter how things play out in terms of future movies and their professional relationship, but who knows where they will go from here.

Kat

girlgater
May 12th, 2005, 04:03 PM
Well at the time of the interview Sam and Jack were still in the same team, with Sam under Jack's command. There would have been no way to continue on with movies, ect with them on the same team if they were involved. It would pretty much ended SG-1. But I'm sure at the time they never thought about Jack becoming a General and taking over Homeworld Security. That in itself should alter how things play out in terms of future movies and their professional relationship, but who knows where they will go from here.

Kat

I guess you're right...it still hurts to think that TPTB wouldn't want them together and would see it as the end of the show--even if it was before Jack went to homeworld security. Frankly, I can't see why anyone who has watched the show wouldn't want them to be together. I guess it's the romantic in me.

LOL4JACK
May 12th, 2005, 04:17 PM
Thanks! Melpomene...

I can't believe TPTB think that way, S/J are great together, so many things to explore, I guess they haven't read many fics :D

sg-1fanintn
May 12th, 2005, 05:13 PM

Quote:
7. What are the chances for a shippy ending to the series?
Anthea

It’s a two-edged sword, Anthea. As much as I would personally love to see a shippy end to the series, the fact is getting Jack and Sam together would effectively deep-six any chances of further SG-1 adventures. I think we’re looking to wrap up loose ends, but keep the door open for the foreseeable future. That said…

I have to strongly disagree with Joe on this one. I hate to use "Farscape" as an example, but putting John and Aeryn together didn't end their adventures. It opened up doors for new ones. No telling what they'd be up to now, if the plug hadn't been pulled on the series for financial reasons (They wouldn't be on SG-1; that's for sure!).

Being a couple could also open new story possibilities for Sam & Jack. All that's needed is for one of them to become a civilian, and we think that's about to happen.

If the boys in Vancouver don't think they can develop any scenarios compelling enough to take Sam and Jack off-world together as a couple, all they have to do is ask us (ROTFLOL!!!).

Seriously, there's a lot of talent on this thread, and I believe almost any of us could come up with some believable storylines (say.....enough for 1-2 direct-to-DVD movies per year?) that would work. I'd be willing to sign a release giving them the rights to my story idea, just to make it happen!

melpomene
May 12th, 2005, 05:46 PM
Thanks! Melpomene...

I can't believe TPTB think that way, S/J are great together, so many things to explore, I guess they haven't read many fics :D

You're welcome. Always glad to improve the world's slang ;)

Speaking of fics did i mention that I posted two new ones.....(okay I'm sorry NOT gonna mention it again...)

Buc252
May 12th, 2005, 07:26 PM
Thanks! Melpomene...

You got that right! If they did, they'd know that they *could* get them together and keep SG1 intact, which is, after all, the way it should be. There are many legitimate ways (no sneaking around) that it could be done. They're just too narrow-minded to think of them.

<grumble, grumble> :mad:

Queen_Bee
May 13th, 2005, 04:10 AM
hey hey peoples

how is one and all??

after next week i wil no longer be working overly much as seasonal work shall be slowing down over winter and then i shall be going to Melbourne to study, so i have no idea how much time or access to you guys i wil have :(

but i stil hope that i can get my SG1 in July :)
ooohh i am so excited..i need my stargate fixture! NOOOOW!!! :p

i wil hopefully be up grading to sg1 dvds soon instead of my old tapes!! wooh

toodles and hugs for now
Bee

Catysg1
May 13th, 2005, 04:27 AM
Good luck(((Suekay))) in your exams ..we are all behind you even Sam and Jack :)

Catysg1
May 13th, 2005, 04:31 AM
I have to strongly disagree with Joe on this one. I hate to use "Farscape" as an example, but putting John and Aeryn together didn't end their adventures. It opened up doors for new ones. No telling what they'd be up to now, if the plug hadn't been pulled on the series for financial reasons (They wouldn't be on SG-1; that's for sure!).

Being a couple could also open new story possibilities for Sam & Jack. All that's needed is for one of them to become a civilian, and we think that's about to happen.

If the boys in Vancouver don't think they can develop any scenarios compelling enough to take Sam and Jack off-world together as a couple, all they have to do is ask us (ROTFLOL!!!).

Seriously, there's a lot of talent on this thread, and I believe almost any of us could come up with some believable storylines (say.....enough for 1-2 direct-to-DVD movies per year?) that would work. I'd be willing to sign a release giving them the rights to my story idea, just to make it happen!

Me too me too ..TPTB can ask me anything for the Sam and Jack ship ..I'll do it for free:)
Don't they realise that they are paying people but in fact they could have free writers and editors belonging to that board !!!! LOL

and we would do an excellent job I bet :)

Catysg1
May 13th, 2005, 04:52 AM

I can't believe Joe said that :eek:

I mean a lot of series like Farscape and Alias put the couple together and they were/are still doing fine with the great adventure ..They just moved the tension to another part in the show ..and also even if a couple is together ..it does not mean it's all rosy all the time ...you can still have banter and humor and all the same things that happens in real life and it would make it more normal and more believable .

I do hope that Joe answered that question for end of season 7 because if it is a new comment ..they are ruining their show .

People are not stupid and all my casual viewer friends believe that Sam and Jack are at last together ..and it's only fair that they deserve to love each other after what they have been through ...

I think instead of putting Sam and Jack together right at the end of the show which means season 9 ..TPTB should put them together beginning of season 9 and try to come up with something original for a change ..Something no other sci-fi series have done before ....and not copying the x-files or JAG ...just something new ..with the Sam and Jack ship on a purely RST level but do it well and make it still exiting mixed with the storyline .

if they do that it will probably be great and would make the transition of the show a bit less painful ..but if they don't All the shippers are gonna retaliate and be against TPTB on all concerns ..specially if we see too much going on with Vala and Daniel .,.... any any other ship for that matter...I mean I love Teal'c ..but why does TPTB have him kiss Ishta so much ??!! I'm an Teal'c Ishta shipper ..they look great together so why do TPTB allow tham to be so descriptive on screen and not Sam and Jack ..OK the regs but also because Sam and Jack are the most popular couple of the show ..therefore Carrots dangling ...and fine but after 9 years ..come on .... :rolleyes: There is a time to drop the carrott and go for the RST in good taste ..can be done in a non sappy way ...if they mix it with the storyline :)

pittsburghgirl
May 13th, 2005, 05:55 AM
You got that right! If they did, they'd know that they *could* get them together and keep SG1 intact, which is, after all, the way it should be. There are many legitimate ways (no sneaking around) that it could be done. They're just too narrow-minded to think of them.

<grumble, grumble> :mad:
'pears to me that the boys in vancouver are relying on the S/J situation to help carry their show. And that is sad if they feel that resolving it and coming from a different direction would hurt the show. If SG-1 is more about the team and less about interpersonal relationships between team members then the sam and jack interaction would be -forgive the pun-beneath the surface-but the story should carry itself. If they can write and tell a good story-it shouldn't matter if Sam and Jack are a back story or not-just part of the many layers of the story. Unfortunately-good story telling has been sadly lacking-and whatever good ideas they may have is lost in the translation.

Myrth
May 13th, 2005, 06:06 AM
Wasn't that Q&A from before S8 had started?

I'll always go with the phrase "nothing is set in stone" or maybe "don't count your chickens..." or.. "don't run with scissors"... that one's good for everything!!

nell
May 13th, 2005, 10:32 AM
Um, hello?! I'm home and not feeling too well. So, I have been fiddling around with my signature and I am please to see that I figured out the photo bucket thingie. Well, you can see I'm an amateur but I'll practice!!

nell
May 13th, 2005, 10:54 AM
I didn't feel much like getting out of bed this morning either, Jack. But, I did and now I'm playing with your pictures!! Mmmm, I'm feeling a little better! :) http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y209/cilljill/coin51.jpg

Cassie
May 13th, 2005, 11:00 AM
(((((nel)))))
looking good ;) Ya I'm not really computer friendly either hehehehe looks like Jack has his hand on her back nice :D

Btw did anyone catch the end of ER last night. I swear all love stories are ending the same this year. A family member gets sick and then the persons realize they love the each other and get together. Stargate TPTB need to take some advice from ER, Jag :mad:

Rogue
May 13th, 2005, 12:24 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v474/mkmoulder/Stargate/js50.jpg

RDA: Whatcha reading?
AT: A compilation of Sam and Jack Fanfic.
RDA: Is is good?
AT: Oh yeah! It is way better what our writers give us.
RDA: Are we a couple?
AT: Yeah! Most of them have found away around the regs.
RDA: Writers your fired! From now on all of our material comes from Fanfic!

girlgater
May 13th, 2005, 12:37 PM
Nice picture Rogue. Shame TPTB won't consult with fanfic writers. There are alot of great stories out there!

Gatetrixer
May 13th, 2005, 12:59 PM
Hello (((Shippers)))

I suppose after watching Threads it's kind of obvious that Sam and Jack are or will be together ...the only problem is we never saw the 2 of them together with a real passionate get together and that only for the sake of the rest of the team ( Daniel and Teal'c ) and the regs I don't know but I really do not like it when TPTB have to send Daniel and Teal'c as bodyguards or chaperonnes to make sure that Sam and Jack behave ..it may not entirely mean that but it surely looks like it .

I know that because of the regs they can't be intimate but really they are mature adults ..and I think they have respected the regs so far . Therefore they wouldn't do anything stupid unless one of them is out of the military .

Other shows have got more than a couple in them and the others do not interfere all the time ..Sam and Jack could just be in a few scenes together and have a laugh .It doesn't mean that we have to see D & T too all the time that Sam and Jack are on screen too. Daniel and teal'c could be doing something else somewhere else like visiting a planet , even going bowling together or going and watch a boxing match or something !!!!

Anyway Sam and Jack are together for me even if TPTB doesn't know how to produce a very good ship . :)

and I'm hooked on JAG now ..I'm not part of fandom though :rolleyes: ..just watch the show for what it is ( I saw about 6 episodes so far ..so a lot of catching up to do) ..and the stories are great ..A bit sad sometimes ..well most of the time but great show ..and the chemistry between Harm and Mac is just WOW :) and I don't intend to be part of any fandom about that show ..I know how it ends therefore I can enjoy it :) I love their sense of humor , little banter and their dedication to each other ..but the stories are excellent too :)

I watched the ending episode of JAG and that was the only time I watched the show. It was great to see those two get together. I wonder if anyone could tell me what kept them apart for ten years (which I wouldn't have been able to stand watching-- ten years!!!) Was it regs or something else? Ambition? Lovers spats? ??? I also realize they were in different branches of the service. I wonder if something couldn't have been worked out for a different ending rather than leaving the service, especially since the USA has need of experienced service persons right now, though I am basing that on the recalling of reservists and am not any expert on the situation whatsoever. Anyway, to repeat, can anyone tell why they stayed apart (except for TPTB fearing the show would fall apart)

Oma-1
May 13th, 2005, 02:19 PM
(((((((((((Shipper Family)))))))))))

I'm back from my hols :) Had a great time with my RL family, but missed my ship family. No stargate for a whole 5 days! I even left my jack hat at home by accident :sob: But me and my hat are reunited and I feel much better now :p

Edit:ARGGGGGHHHHHHHHHH! I go away as a new System Lord to do battle against my enemies, amass a huge jaffa army, and come back to find ...... I'm not a system lord anymore!

http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/36/36_1_4.gif

*grovel, grovel, grovel* Bev, can I have my old job back please???????*grovel, grovel, grovel*