X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
    If it's the same one I read recently,
    Spoiler:
    Sam and Jack spent a night together sometime in the early seasons of SG1. Sam got pregnant. Rather than tell Jack, she quit the SGC, moved away to another city, got a job, met a guy who was nice to her, and they got married. He didn't seem to mind that she was pregnant at the time, and she never told him who the father of her child was. They were married for 10 years and had a child of their own (a girl). The son was afflicted with an illness that only a bone marrow transfusion(?) from the biological father would possibly heal, so Sam had to go tell Jack, who was now retired. He was mad, but came to help the little boy. He forgave Sam waaaay too easily for not telling him they had a child. They practically immediately fell into bed with each other because even after 10 years they still loved each other. Sam's hubby was suspicious and was having them followed and by the end of the story, hubby was deceased and Jack and Sam and the children went to live at the cabin and lived happily ever after.

If that's not the same story, then there's more than one out there. In spite of it being about Sam and Jack, it was a fairly well done story.
    Delurking again, but I just wondered if this detailed fic recap should be spoilered, 'cause you know, there might be someone out there who hasn't read the fic and might want to--and a bit ago I identified it as a fic by Noda
    Spoiler:
    called "The Best I Ever Had'.

. Hope you don't mind my spoilering request.
    Last edited by Gatetrixer; 23 December 2009, 07:57 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Twilight506 View Post
      I think it's because they're like Lifetime movies (er... I don't know where you are... are you in the US?) They're such badly done movies but if you start watching one you feel compelled to finish and the whole time you're thinking, I should just change the channel but you don't... and then there go two hours of your life you'll never get back.

EDIT: For those that aren't familiar Lifetime is a "woman's" channel and their movies tend to follow a plotline of "woman, evil man, woman thwarts evil man with some crying and some 'reproductive organs on the inside' type thing" - in my house we nicknamed it the "bed burning channel" (the woman gets so mad at the man she sets the bed on fire)
      Yup. I'm in the U.S. - Pacific Northwest/Washington state. I guess those do remind me of some of those Lifetime movies. I got sucked into some of those and was kicking myself for not changing the channel or just turning the TV off and going for a nice long walk.

Comment

I must be the only person who likes both lifetime movies and sci-fi, I am so weird *shakes head*
        sigpic
        Sig by Everlovin My YT|My other vid site|My LJ|My Photobucket|My ImageShack|"Stargate is life, Sam and Jack are happiness, Shippers are almighty" by hlndncr

Comment

Originally posted by yessika View Post
          I must be the only person who likes both lifetime movies and sci-fi, I am so weird *shakes head*
          LOL - it's okay. I had some friends in college that loved those movies too Someone has to enjoy them otherwise they wouldn't continue to make them.

We're just glad S/J aren't like a Lifetime movie... except in those fics that hedwig and I are talking about

Comment

i love that story it's called The Best I ever Had. it's my favorite story.

Comment

Originally posted by Alan View Post
              Simpsons DVD's!!! Yes!!! With Jack being so busy at Homeworld Security, Sam would definitely get him Simpson DVD boxsets.

last year my mom got me about 3 to 4 different simpsons dvd seasons and i know this year im getting more this year. i actually got into the simpsons when jack started to refering them in WOO such as D'oh!

Comment

HAPPY SHIPPER BIRTHDAY TO ME!!!!

and this my latest video
                sigpic
                My vids Sig made by me

Comment

I'm not going to be online much tomorrow or today as I'm off to my sister's for pampering over the holidays (huggles my sis who is a sweetie)...

Random I've-been-watching-too-much-Stargate moment: Yahoo news said Carlyle was in cash bid for Shanks...I assumed Robert Carlyle and Michael Shanks but actually it all turns out to be some financial institutions than two of Stargate's actors bidding on one another...

Random I've-been-hanging-around-on-the-Ship-thread-too-long moment: I just called Christmas Shipmas to my Dad who gave me a very weird look...

Anyways,

Merry Christmas Ship Family!

I hope the holidays bring you love, peace, joy and a new Stargate DVD.
                  sigpic
                  Women of the Gate LJ Community.
                  My Stargate Fanfiction. My LiveJournal.

Comment

In response to the fluffy movies/fics...I quite like them, but I must be "in the mood" for them. Sometimes I just want to read a story where that happens and since I'm too lazy to read actual books I just read a story where it happens with S/J and ignore the fact that they're OoC.
                    We don't have lifetime over here, but according to my brother we also have a channel that is the same. He wants to hack it and make sure I can never watch it again(or to make it clear; I watch it often)
                    I think it is also a way of how you interpret the characters. I mean we all see Sam and Jack differently so perhaps that particulair writer saw that being possible with S/J....I mean not everyone spends most of the day discussing S/J on a forum

Happy Birthday XFchemist

Oh and question from the person who knows little about Christmas...ain't it Christmas tomorrow? Today is Christmas Eve right?
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by starlover View Post
                      <snip>

Oh and question from the person who knows little about Christmas...ain't it Christmas tomorrow? Today is Christmas Eve right?
                      There does seem to be some confusion, I guess it's time zones again

For the UK at least, Christmas is tomorrow

Comment

Originally posted by jumble View Post

Well that clears up why I received Merry Christmas e-mails today!

HAPPY B-DAY XF-CHEMIST!!!!!!!!!!

AND

MERRY CHRISTMAS SHIP FAMILLY!

I'll be back tomorrow too!
                        sigpic
                        Big thanks to josi for avi and sig

Comment

Originally posted by Devilish Me View Post
                          Well that clears up why I received Merry Christmas e-mails today!

HAPPY B-DAY XF-CHEMIST!!!!!!!!!!

AND

MERRY CHRISTMAS SHIP FAMILLY!

I'll be back tomorrow too!
                          Also, as has just been pointed out to me, a lot of people won't be online tomorrow, so they're sending their Christmas greetings today

Comment

Originally posted by gater62 View Post
                            I forgot to get Jann's post, but I think it's interesting how regional nicknames seem to be. My husband calls me "babe" quite often, but I can't seem to call him that. If anything I call him "honey." But if Amy isn't a short enough name anyway, he has to shorten it to Aims. ???

I can't see Jack calling Sam "babe" either. He just doesn't seem the fluffy talk kind of guy. I do however see him continue to call her "Carter" well into years of marriage.

Just quoting to get back to the nickname (baby/babe) disscussion a moment. In Cold Lazarus Jack calls Sara "baby" so it's clear he can be (or at least was) the kind of guy who uses those sorts of terms of endearment. I really see no reason why he might not to Sam if they're together. Just because it jars a bit to us... that's just because we've not seen them interact in a couply way up until now. Some of the toughest guys you'd never think would do it are the worst at the fluffybunnykins nicknaming.
                            Having said that, I do think "Carter" could well have become something of a term of endearment anyway. Either that or something Sam wood hate being called because it would remind her - much like her calling him Sir - of a time when they yearned to be so much more to each other than they could be.

Originally posted by XFchemist View Post
                            HAPPY SHIPPER BIRTHDAY TO ME!!!!

and this my latest video
                            I was just coming here to say that!

Happy birthday
                            XFChemist!

That is a truely wonderful little video. *happy sighs*

It is confuzzling isn't it. I find this site helps keep track of where (or more appropriately when) everyone is at.
                            Last edited by Cagranosalis; 24 December 2009, 04:20 AM. Reason: Too little sleep, too much wine.
                            sigpic

Comment

Ah...that explains it!

Well then...

Merry Christmas!

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Cagranosalis View Post
                                Having said that, I do think "Carter" could well have become something of a term of endearment anyway. Either that or something Sam wood hate being called because it would remind her - much like her calling him Sir - of a time when they yearned to be so much more to each other than they could be.
                                I know.. the horse is dead. But it looks so cool when I hit it with this stick:

In thinking about it, and going back to something Rachel first made me cognizant of, people in intimate relationships rarely address each other by their first names. And since then I've noticed (at least in this house) that if I bother to address John at all, it's usually by a pet name rather than "John" unless I'm calling across the house. When I read this comment of yours, I realized that what I really see happening is Jack continuing to use 'Carter' as Sam's *name*, and it being 'Sam' which he uses as a pet name. In fact, thinking about it, I think that's how I've tended to use them in fics, too. I just think, given their history, that makes the most sense.

EDIT: And I just learned (by overhearing him 'practice') that my 9 year-old has Linus's part in the Christmas pageant at church tonight

Comment

Working...
                                X