Sam Carter /Jack O'Neill Ship Appreciation Thread 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Twilight506 View Post
    You haven't read his mailbag for today? You're the very last one he responds to I was like HEY!!! IT'S POL!!! *point point point* except there as no one to see me point...
    I did.. here.

Comment

Originally posted by Pol View Post
      But...but...if they're soulmates, then *why* would Sam marry someone else? And gosh...if she didn't cross the line with those damned regs after ten years, I just can't see her crossing an even bigger line with infidelity.

But...that's just me.

Not picking on you, I just found myself having a really visceral reaction to that comment, my surprise was so great.
      There is a simple explanation to that: it's 2 am in here, I just got home and am posting while being a bit too tired! Plus I remembered this great fic where it all worked( IMHO) Now trying to remember the name of the fanfic or go through my printed fanfiction

As for why Sam would marry someone else*points to 2010 episode* ...example numbero uno

Plus ...it's fanfiction...I like the "what if" stories...they're my favorites actually...

Sorry babbling again

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by starlover View Post
        There is a simple explanation to that: it's 2 am in here, I just got home and am posting while being a bit too tired! Plus I remembered this great fic where it all worked( IMHO) Now trying to remember the name of the fanfic or go through my printed fanfiction

As for why Sam would marry someone else*points to 2010 episode* ...example numbero uno

Plus ...it's fanfiction...I like the "what if" stories...they're my favorites actually...
        I think it's the logical question - if Sam were so hell-bound on regs and rules that she wouldn't find a way around them to be with her 'soulmate', then why is she willing to bend them in the future even *more* to be with him then.

I suppose you could come up with a reason... Some grand chain of events or personality changing journey... But it would take a lot to explain.

Comment

Originally posted by JenniferJF View Post
          I think it's the logical question - if Sam were so hell-bound on regs and rules that she wouldn't find a way around them to be with her 'soulmate', then why is she willing to bend them in the future even *more* to be with him then.

I suppose you could come up with a reason... Some grand chain of events or personality changing journey... But it would take a lot to explain.
          It does needs a big explanation etc etc, but still I do think that if Sam couldn't find a way, or they both wouldn't find a way Sam would move on like we've seen her temporarily do with Pete...we know that in the end she chose for Jack, but I believe to think that she in the end, if there was an opportunity would go "back" to Jack.

*thinks she probably dug herself in a deep hole and can't get out of it anymore*
          sigpic

Comment

But...but...if they're soulmates, then *why* would Sam marry someone else? And gosh...if she didn't cross the line with those damned regs after ten years, I just can't see her crossing an even bigger line with infidelity.

But...that's just me.

Not picking on you, I just found myself having a really visceral reaction to that comment, my surprise was so great.

Edit: And Shannon, thanks for telling me about Joe's blog!
            You're welcome!

And I agree with you. With how committed Sam is to the AF - an institution and not a person - I think it would be HIGHLY OOC for her to cheat on her husband (if he were not-Jack). That's why she gave the ring back to Pete. She knew. I think that if she married Joe in 2010...something big happened... and I think she got the underlying context when she they started playing on their mistakes being fixed. She knew she shouldn't have married Joe, but she did and she would never have broken those vows, so while she was saving humanity, she was also, in a way, saving herself.

Comment

It does needs a big explanation etc etc, but still I do think that if Sam couldn't find a way, or they both wouldn't find a way Sam would move on like we've seen her temporarily do with Pete...we know that in the end she chose for Jack, but I believe to think that she in the end, if there was an opportunity would go "back" to Jack.

*thinks she probably dug herself in a deep hole and can't get out of it anymore*
              lol. *hugs Jann*

Maybe... it turns out Jack is actually a werewolf and that's why he let her go, and her husband realizes she's actually madly in love with Jack anyway and flies into a rage and tries to kill Jack, only to nearly get killed himself...

Uh... Where was I?

Is it sad that, written like that, it actually sounds like it *could* be a fanfic?

EDIT: Though, if it were, the husband would have probably turned out to be a Vampire...

Comment

no, your idea was fine. you should do a fic on that.
                sally

sigpic

Comment

:: tosses Jann a rope ::

As Jenn said, it would have to be a crazy journey. I *might* be able to see it if say her husband did something absolutely unthinkable (she finds out he's working for Ba'al for example)... at which point I would say the marriage is over anyway ("Yes and this is my husband Bob, he works for the Goa'uld. Check this ostentatious gold idol we received as a Christmas bonus!).

Granted, it's not a very sturdy rope, so I'd climb quickly

Comment

lol. *hugs Jann*

Maybe... it turns out Jack is actually a werewolf and that's why he let her go, and her husband realizes she's actually madly in love with Jack anyway and flies into a rage and tries to kill Jack, only to nearly get killed himself...

Uh... Where was I?

Is it sad that, written like that, it actually sounds like it *could* be a fanfic?

EDIT: Though, if it were, the husband would have probably turned out to be a Vampire...
                    Ohhhhh no you don't, don't you DARE turn this into a Twilight story (I'm already totally IRKED that my wonderful s/n has been sucked into the popular spotlight by those... those.. books... :: glares and pouts :: I know lots of people love them but not me. NOT ME... :: sniffles ::

:: mutters and goes off to keep muttering in her corner of the cavern ::

Comment

Ohhhhh no you don't, don't you DARE turn this into a Twilight story (I'm already totally IRKED that my wonderful s/n has been sucked into the popular spotlight by those... those.. books... :: glares and pouts :: I know lots of people love them but not me. NOT ME... :: sniffles ::

ROFLMAO. No. It was a slightly changed summary of a Sanctuary episode . Many of which are, in fact, poorly veiled mockeries of 'that' entire genre..

Comment

ROFLMAO. No. It was a slightly changed summary of a Sanctuary episode . Many of which are, in fact, poorly veiled mockeries of 'that' entire genre..
                        :: eyes Jenn warily and hesitantly steps away from the corner :: Hmmm okay... if you say so... but if not I'm sending the fluff fairies after you and I bear no responsibilities as to what sorts of horror they might concoct. There might be bits of:

"Jack, you're the only man I've ever really love."

or

"Sam, I never really loved Sara, I was pining away for you the second you turned 18 and were legal."

O.o So beware. Beware.

Comment

:: eyes Jenn warily and hesitantly steps away from the corner :: Hmmm okay... if you say so... but if not I'm sending the fluff fairies after you and I bear no responsibilities as to what sorts of horror they might concoct. There might be bits of:

"Jack, you're the only man I've ever really love."

or

"Sam, I never really loved Sara, I was pining away for you the second you turned 18 and were legal."

O.o So beware. Beware.
                          No worries. I'm at least ten years too old for Twilight... I've read some synopsis and collapsed into giggles. Does that help?

And to be on topic, for those of you who do AU, Annerb wrote a new fic.

Comment

Catching up on overdue tasks. I've updated and uploaded more zipped fic on my fic page. This is fic that has been compiled from various sources and put together into single docs.

Use it, don't, it's your choice. I'm posting here 'cause I only read shippy fic, so...it's shippy.

Got to my Compiled Fanfic Page. The page also includes compiled fic from a contributor, our own cdm. Her stuff is clearly identified. There's some great Geocities stuff in her zipped file, which is wonderful since we lost so many sites when Geocities died.

I'll be crossposting this to the ff threads, too.
                            Pol My Blog | My Fanfic | My FaceBook__ Sam: "Jack...please."

Comment

lol. *hugs Jann*

Uh... Where was I?

Thanks for the hugs...*hugs back*...so you're in the hole with me now?

and *giggles* sounds like Twilight to me!

:: tosses Jann a rope ::

As Jenn said, it would have to be a crazy journey. I *might* be able to see it if say her husband did something absolutely unthinkable (she finds out he's working for Ba'al for example)... at which point I would say the marriage is over anyway ("Yes and this is my husband Bob, he works for the Goa'uld. Check this ostentatious gold idol we received as a Christmas bonus!).

Granted, it's not a very sturdy rope, so I'd climb quickly
                              ROFL! You know this idea could really turn into a crack fic! Not that I'm doing that btw...just...no...

Actually on a more serious note, in the fanfic I was thinking about Sam was married with someone, had a child, but it was Jack's, for some reason she left the whole SGC(can't remember) married a dude at the new place she lived. Bad marriage, in the end she needs Jack for her son, Jack comes back to her(in a really bad mood) they make up...Sam feels loved again..blah blah blah...in the end she does...what she does and ends up with Jack when the other dude dies.

At the time it sounded good to me

*climbs quickly out*

...what I was saying...only someone was faster than I was!

*hug twilight*
                              sigpic

Comment

No worries. I'm at least ten years too old for Twilight... I've read some synopsis and collapsed into giggles. Does that help?

And to be on topic, for those of you who do AU, Annerb wrote a new fic.
                                Me too. I now have a disclaimer on all my profiles to clarify my s/n.

I love Annerb's stories. She writes so well.

Catching up on overdue tasks. I've updated and uploaded more zipped fic on my fic page. This is fic that has been compiled from various sources and put together into single docs.

Use it, don't, it's your choice. I'm posting here 'cause I only read shippy fic, so...it's shippy.

Got to my Compiled Fanfic Page. The page also includes compiled fic from a contributor, our own cdm. Her stuff is clearly identified. There's some great Geocities stuff in her zipped file, which is wonderful since we lost so many sites when Geocities died.

I'll be crossposting this to the ff threads, too.
                                Very cool Pol! :: two thumbs up ::

Comment

Working...
                                X