Sam Carter /Jack O'Neill Ship Appreciation Thread 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JenniferJF View Post
    Yes, Jack and Cassie. And Matthew (Okay, that's Jenn-verse). But, in all seriousness, I suspect she's only recently really started enjoying Christmas again, and probably - as her schedule allows - even does get together with Mark and his wife and kids over the holidays, too. I have a feeling she probably spent a lot of lonely holidays - or less than joyful ones with a distant father - until the last few years.

Hears an oldie of mine, since I haven't linked it yet (this Christmas): Merry Christmas, Sam.
    as they say an Oldie but a goodie. i noticed something i was thinking about watching JAG cause i was thinking Colonel MacKenzie had some condition where she couldn't have kids and im just wondering Do you really think that Colonel Carter may have the same condition or something close to it. im sorry im having a JAG/SG-1 Moment. two of my favorite shows that ran for ten years.

OT
    Spoiler:
    I think i may get JAG Season 8 and Season 9 for Christmas I just need to get 2,3,4, and 10 and then i will have all ten seasons.

Comment

Originally posted by JenniferJF View Post
      See, the thing ya gotta know about me is, the more serious and angsty the fanfic I'm in the middle of, the more goofy, guttery, and fluffy I get everywhere else. It's some sort of weird emotional/mental balance thing. You should have seen me when I was writing Pandora, my Sanctuary fic. I was *insanely* off-the-wall

<snipped>
      Ahh...That explains it. I know what you mean. When something in RL really upsets me, I tend to act even happier than usual and pretend things are better than normal. And it usually fools all but the people closest to me. I do get like that reading fics, but since I don't often read angst, it's rare, lol.
      Last edited by TrueRomantic; 23 December 2009, 07:18 AM.
      sigpic
      Sig by Ikorni for Secret Santa

Comment

Originally posted by TrueRomantic View Post
        Ahh...That explains it. I know what you mean. When something in RL really upsets me, I tend to act een happier than usual and pretend things are bette than nor,al. And it usually fools all but the people closest to me. I do get like that reading fics, but since I don't often read angst, it's rare, lol.
        Yes. APA and I refer to it as the "Peter DeLuise Syndrome." It's fairly common if the Sanctuary podcasts are any indication...

And thank goodness that chapter's with my beta. Though I could have saved money on the alcohol at Christmas.

Comment

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
          OT here but do u think sam gets sad this time of year i mean this will be the fourth christmas in a row with her dad and she probably doesn't see her brother mark and his family? i mean who else does she have in her immediate family Jack? Cassie?
          Hmm, probably. Everyone misses loevd ones at certain times - birthdays, anniversaries and Christmas. The first year is always the hardest though. I would think Jack would have an equal - if not more - angsty time of Christmas actually, having lost a child. Christmas with kids around is a whole other ball game to just adults. Every year must be a huge reminder for him. Good job they have each other for love and comfort isn't it!

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
          as they say an Oldie but a goodie. i noticed something i was thinking about watching JAG cause i was thinking Colonel MacKenzie had some condition where she couldn't have kids and im just wondering Do you really think that Colonel Carter may have the same condition or something close to it. im sorry im having a JAG/SG-1 Moment. two of my favorite shows that ran for ten years.

OT
          Spoiler:
          I think i may get JAG Season 8 and Season 9 for Christmas I just need to get 2,3,4, and 10 and then i will have all ten seasons.
          Endometriosis (apparently - although not like any endo I've experienced. For instance, she could actually get out of bed most days and carry out a full day's work without needing to abuse prescription painkillers just to get through....bit of a backache? Pah! )
          Ahem. No, no I don't think Sam has the same. See above. Why would she?
          I think her life has been angsty enough without the infertility faries paying her a visit. Don't even go there ... except maybe in fanfic.

Spoiler:

So what you're saying is, you have JAG seasons 1, 5, 6 and 7 then?
          I quite liked the JAG ship for the "any excuse to make them snog" mentality they adopted throughout.
          Last edited by Cagranosalis; 23 December 2009, 07:37 AM.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Cagranosalis View Post
            Hmm, probably. Everyone misses loevd ones at certain times - birthdays, anniversaries and Christmas. The first year is always the hardest though. I would think Jack would have an equal - if not more - angsty time of Christmas actually, having lost a child. Christmas with kids around is a whole other ball game to just adults. Every year must be a huge reminder for him. Good job they have each other for love and comfort isn't it!

Endomertiosis (apparently - although not like any endo I've experienced. For instance, she could actually get out of bed most days and carry out a full day's work without needing to abuse prescription painkillers just to get through....big of a backache? Pah! )
            Ahem. No, no I don't think Sam has the same. See above. Why would she?
            I think her life has been angsty enough without the infertility faries paying her a visit. Don't even go there ... except maybe in fanfic.

Spoiler:

So what you're saying is, you have JAG seasons 1, 5, 6 and 7 then?
            I quite liked the JAG ship for the "any excuse to make them snog" mentality they adopted throughout.
            Yeah Even Though it's been 13 years since Charlie died im sure Jack will never forget that and im sure christmas will make him dredge up old memories. I know for a fact my dad said when i was little that the only gift he ever wanted was for me and my sister to be happy on Christmas. Okay i was also reading this story it was a shipmas story titled "baby mine" http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4050300/1/Baby_Mine and reading that while watching JAG you see where im going.... yep i have 1,5,6 and 7.

Comment

Before GW has a chance to wig out again...

Today's Advent calender Artwork is brought to you by

es!

For more information about the origins of the Advent, on which this calender is based, go to this site .

sigpic

Comment

All the Advent Artwork is brilliant! Well done GimPS

Comment

Originally posted by jumble View Post
                  *cough*Secrets*cough*

But yes, still after ITLoD.
                  <passes lozenges>

Come on... it was like. one o'clock in the morning here! I know I've told y'all before: I am *not* a morning person!

Really though, in *my* Shippy little Sam&Jack Universe (which, admittedly, isn't necessarily all that closely related to what *you* call *reality*) I go back to...

Dun dun Dun!

Broca Divide!

(and that's why I hate mornings. Every other word I just typed had sixteen typos in it (and yes, that includes the two-letter words) and I haven't had enough caffeine (aka "wake up juice") to remember how many *c's* there are in Broca. )
                  Love and hot fudge,
                  Bren Ren
                  ~
                  My stories!
                  ~

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jumble View Post
                    Nope, Duane Clark directed it.

Oh, I so hope you had to at least look up the part about the name of the not-Martin Wood director!
                    ; )
                    Love and hot fudge,
                    Bren Ren
                    ~
                    My stories!
                    ~

sigpic

Comment

im hoping that in SG-3 O'Neill Finally Retires cause he deserves it. then as his first "official" act as a retiree we see him give carter a BHK.

Comment

Originally posted by BrenRen View Post
                        <passes lozenges>

Come on... it was like. one o'clock in the morning here! I know I've told y'all before: I am *not* a morning person!

Really though, in *my* Shippy little Sam&Jack Universe (which, admittedly, isn't necessarily all that closely related to what *you* call *reality*) I go back to...

Dun dun Dun!

Broca Divide!

(and that's why I hate mornings. Every other word I just typed had sixteen typos in it (and yes, that includes the two-letter words) and I haven't had enough caffeine (aka "wake up juice") to remember how many *c's* there are in Broca. )
                        I know the feeling

Oh, I so hope you had to at least look up the part about the name of the not-Martin Wood director!
                        ; )
                        I did, and I'll even admit that I've never heard of him

Comment

I hate mornings i always wake up at 5am.

Comment

Originally posted by Cagranosalis View Post
                            Today's Advent calender Artwork is brought to you by

es!

http://i488.photobucket.com/albums/r...in/SG1/joy.jpg

See! It *is* all about the hair!

Comment

; )
                              Real geeks have IMDB on their bookmark bar. His filmography is rather interesting, really.

Comment

Hi! Here it's evening!
                                Tomorrow I should work but I'll take a day off! I don't want to work on Xmas Eve (and it's also my b-day!)
                                I post other my friend akachan artworks!
                                I stressed her so much with SG1 and she finally watched it for the first time in her life...and she is now addicted to Sam and Jack! (watch her vid )
                                But then she took me in the "tunnel" of ff! LOL
                                We're reading especially French ff cos we found an AMAZINGGGGGGGGGG writer!

However, she made these artworks as titles for her little shipper stories:

And my favourite:

sigpic
                                My vids Sig made by me

Comment

Working...
                                X