No announcement yet.

Sam Carter /Jack O'Neill Ship Appreciation Thread 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning campers. Is it time for a healthy breakfast?

So... I had to do some research for my Christmas Angst fic regarding Sam's hair, and I thought I'd share some visual comparative studies on the subject that I came across in the process.

Here we Sam from the scene in the hallway with Jack during Point of View--right after Jack's left a mourning AlterSam--considering how to answer his "How you doing with this whole twin thing?" question.

So she takes a good look at "herself", with her long, long hair. And we all know that the brilliant Sam Carter, though great at deflection and avoidance, has to have given some thought by now to the fact that this other "her" has been married to the other *Jack* for that blissful but ill-fated year.

Skip forward a few episodes to this shot from Jolinar's Memories, where Sam looks like she's starting to need a trim if she's planning to keep her standard-to-date length...

And by the time we reach the end of the season, her hair is definitely the shaggiest we've seen on *our* Sam Carter. And doesn't she just look so pretty standing there as Jack's flirting inviting his *friend* to go *fishing* with him after finally getting back into her good graces following the whole 100 Days/Shades of Grey debacles!

Then they go save the world together... and spend a week stranded off-world with only First Shipper Teal'c for chaperon. Upon their return, she's happy, smiley, and practically glowing (and a thousand *what really happened* fics are born), and she's definitely overdue for a haircut if she wants to get back to the "one of the guys" do she'd been sporting the first three years she spent with this team. And after that week, he still wants her to go *fishing* with him, but she's already had enough "relaxation" for a while (upping the count of *what really happened* fics unsuitable for ffnet or direct links here! ).

And now we have Divide and Conquer. <Big Shippy Sigh> She is just so incredibly pretty and undeniably feminine here as she brings their "lying"
    to Jack's attention. And after having to admit in front of Teal'c and Janet and *Tok'ra Spice* that they *care a lot more than they're supposed to*, it's little wonder that we get *this* in the very next episode:

My favoritest *KISS* of all time! Now... I won't be convinced (I won't, I won't, I won't, so please don't try!) that Sam isn't holding at least a subliminal impression
    of this moment lingering in her poor timeloop-warped brain, so I can't help but feel that that, too, played a role in her deciding to keep those lovely locks so long for a few more episodes.

Then suddenly, Wham! Those long locks are gone, as we see in this very first shot of Sam in Beneath the Surface. And apparently not by her choice. She's stripped of that symbol of femininity at the same time she's stripped of *everything* that stood as a barrier between her and Jack. Oh, how bitter that irony must have been for her once they finally returned home.

And that, by the way, is the very point that led me to this bit of research and dissection of the progress of Sam's hair growth over Seasons Three and Four. I know we've talked about it plenty here, but if there's been this kind of visual study already done... I doubt anyone'll mind my rehash!
    Last edited by BrenRen; 22 December 2009, 08:14 AM.
    Love and hot fudge,
    Bren Ren
    ~
    My stories!
    ~

sigpic

Comment

Oh thank you soooooo much for this visual study!!!
      In my opinion she is the best as AlterSam in Point of View with long hair!
      sigpic
      My vids Sig made by me

Comment

Originally posted by jumble View Post
        You took the words right out of my keyboard

And yes, RDA was only a part time PTB, so he just gets Wednesdays

AT is definitely a PTB, and an honorary WooHoo.

That 10 season box set does look pretty, but it's really impractical when you're looking for a specific dvd and the dvds are not well protected. I plan to put mine into proper cases......... when I get time
        You mean this?

It's quite a cool set My mom got it for her bday and needless to say, it's how I got hooked on it
        Last edited by Valerie_Jackson; 22 December 2009, 09:55 AM.
        sigpic

Comment

also brenren you forget that in Point of No Return which aired after beneath the surface he still asks her to go fishing.

Comment

Originally posted by BrenRen View Post
            Morning campers. Is it time for a healthy breakfast?

So... I had to do some research for my Christmas Angst fic regarding Sam's hair, and I thought I'd share some visual comparative studies on the subject that I came across in the process.

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a63...-3x06-2527.jpg
            Here we Sam from the scene in the hallway with Jack during Point of View--right after Jack's left a mourning AlterSam--considering how to answer his "How you doing with this whole twin thing?" question.

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a63...-3x06-2689.jpg
            So she takes a good look at "herself", with her long, long hair. And we all know that the brilliant Sam Carter, though great at deflection and avoidance, has to have given some thought by now to the fact that this other "her" has been married to the other *Jack* for that blissful but ill-fated year.

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a63.../3x12_0586.jpg
            Skip forward a few episodes to this shot from Jolinar's Memories, where Sam looks like she's starting to need a trim if she's planning to keep her standard-to-date length...

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a63...-3x22-2204.jpg
            And by the time we reach the end of the season, her hair is definitely the shaggiest we've seen on *our* Sam Carter. And doesn't she just look so pretty standing there as Jack's flirting inviting his *friend* to go *fishing* with him after finally getting back into her good graces following the whole 100 Days/Shades of Grey debacles!

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a63...-4x01-2238.jpg
            Then they go save the world together... and spend a week stranded off-world with only First Shipper Teal'c for chaperon. Upon their return, she's happy, smiley, and practically glowing (and a thousand *what really happened* fics are born), and she's definitely overdue for a haircut if she wants to get back to the "one of the guys" do she'd been sporting the first three years she spent with this team. And after that week, he still wants her to go *fishing* with him, but she's already had enough "relaxation" for a while (upping the count of *what really happened* fics unsuitable for ffnet or direct links here! ).

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a63...-4x05-3407.jpg
            And now we have Divide and Conquer. <Big Shippy Sigh> She is just so incredibly pretty and undeniably feminine here as she brings their "lying"
            to Jack's attention. And after having to admit in front of Teal'c and Janet and *Tok'ra Spice* that they *care a lot more than they're supposed to*, it's little wonder that we get *this* in the very next episode:

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a63...x06-3336-2.jpg
            My favoritest *KISS* of all time! Now... I won't be convinced (I won't, I won't, I won't, so please don't try!) that Sam isn't holding at least a subliminal impression
            of this moment lingering in her poor timeloop-warped brain, so I can't help but feel that that, too, played a role in her deciding to keep those lovely locks so long for a few more episodes.

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a63...-4x10-2023.jpg
            Then suddenly, Wham! Those long locks are gone, as we see in this very first shot of Sam in Beneath the Surface. And apparently not by her choice. She's stripped of that symbol of femininity at the same time she's stripped of *everything* that stood as a barrier between her and Jack. Oh, how bitter that irony must have been for her once they finally returned home.

And that, by the way, is the very point that led me to this bit of research and dissection of the progress of Sam's hair growth over Seasons Three and Four. I know we've talked about it plenty here, but if there's been this kind of visual study already done... I doubt anyone'll mind my rehash!
            Wow. I never looked at it like this. It makes so much more sense now! Thank you.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
              also brenren you forget that in Point of No Return which aired after beneath the surface he still asks her to go fishing.
              It's not that I forgot, hun. It's that the *Fishing* invites is a whole 'nother discussion. One I might indulge in exploring further once more after I finish this Christmas Angst story.... Almost there!
              Love and hot fudge,
              Bren Ren
              ~
              My stories!
              ~

sigpic

Comment

Bren what a great visual study. You should do more of these, on what, I have no idea, but they make such lovely reads

Comment

Originally posted by Twilight506 View Post
                  Bren what a great visual study. You should do more of these, on what, I have no idea, but they make such lovely reads
                  Bren, I was thinking that you could do a visual study also for Jack's hair!
                  sigpic
                  My vids Sig made by me

Comment

Originally posted by Twilight506 View Post
                    Well, as I just indicated, I may well do a similar study of the various *Fishing* invites over the years. That'll be fun. Another one I'm contemplating is a study of Jack's deflective humor and Sam's obvious enjoyment of it.. though that almost begs to be done episode by episode, and that would a *very* long time indeed.
                    Love and hot fudge,
                    Bren Ren
                    ~
                    My stories!
                    ~

sigpic

Comment

Hi Ship Family.

RL hasn't allowed me to play much here but I still lurk from time to time. Got a lovely present from my now not so Secret Santa Valerie Jackson.

Happy Birthday Cags

Hi to Gutter Girl Starlover

Peeks in at Hedwig's cabin looking for the deer

Looks around for DevlishMe

Smiles at JenniferJF's posts

Saves Jumble's My Life as a Mime post

Rereads Bren's gutte....uh witty posts

Appreciates Twilight's dad right along with her

Always appreciates Rachel's comments

Huggles Gater62

While searching the room for Mad Gater

Is saddened that I can't name you all

Hmm.

Did I mention that I missed you guys.

*Really.*

I did.

Originally posted by Rachel500 View Post
                      You know I don't think I've posted this here yet

http://i816.photobucket.com/albums/z...ignature13.jpg
                      Oh **shippy sigh**

It's just **deep deep shippy sigh**

Yeah.

Originally posted by Valerie_Jackson View Post
                      You mean this?
                      http://g-ecx.images-amazon.com/image...3df72210.L.jpg
                      It's quite a cool set My mom got it for her bday and needless to say, it's how I got hooked on it
                      Dat iz sooo kwel!!!

Me likes **adds to Santa list**

And just to add

+ =

I'm just sayin'
                      sigpic
                      sig by Mada
                      As a matter of FIC

Comment

Originally posted by XFchemist View Post
                        Bren, I was thinking that you could do a visual study also for Jack's hair!
                        Yeah, but that'd probably be better suited to the Jack Thunk thread, since his hair doesn't correlate with the Ship all that much--certainly not the way Sam's does, anyway. But scrutinizing his oh-so-ruffle-able locks definitely holds its own appeal!
                        Love and hot fudge,
                        Bren Ren
                        ~
                        My stories!
                        ~

sigpic

Comment

so bren when will you post your fic?

Comment

Originally posted by BrenRen View Post
                            Yeah, but that'd probably be better suited to the Jack Thunk thread, since his hair doesn't correlate with the Ship all that much--certainly not the way Sam's does, anyway. But scrutinizing his oh-so-ruffle-able locks definitely holds its own appeal!
                            What about scenes where Sam is staring at Jack's hair. Maybe all those times we thought she was looking at his ear it was really his hair...

Comment

*sticks head in* Howdy everyone.

Comment

Hey girls, I use Photoshop only sometimes, but I have a friend who likes make Sam/Jack artworks. BUT she is sooooooooooo lazy and she doesn't want to join another forum (I forgive her just because she is a great vidder! LOL).
                                So I post her works:

sigpic
                                My vids Sig made by me

Comment

Working...
                                X