Sam Carter /Jack O'Neill Ship Appreciation Thread 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Regularamanda View Post
    Sam's with Jack right? Like right now...she's not with Teal'c...right? Because all of the S/T talk is making me think she's with T.
    Not enough data to draw a conclusion. Come back later

Comment

You know I don't think I've posted this here yet

sigpic
      Women of the Gate LJ Community.
      My Stargate Fanfiction. My LiveJournal.

Comment

Originally posted by VSS View Post
        Well, I think you're right about that, sally. And not to restart this convo, but
        Spoiler:
        There's a difference between discussing canon, and imagining a romantic relationship that's been negated by the writers themselves. That takes a bit of desire and interest in the relationship that goes past the observation of what is happening on the screen. And if a shipper is defined as someone wants to see the relationship, well...

But I guess my main objection to Sam/Teal'c is that it reinforces the idea of Sam being unwilling or unable to stick with Jack through thick and thin, of needing to be with someone. Which was understandable before Threads, but now, not so much. It's a summation of things- TRE, The Road Not Taken, the comments that AT has made, the fact that we've never seen S/J confirmed on screen.

And I also see it as sort of symptomatic. We've been waiting, and waiting and waiting. And it's natural for us to wonder why that is, to make the story we believe fit with what we see. Or maybe even to distance ourselves from the ship in case we're disappointed. Hence the questioning. I was just mentioning this to Cags the other day as the reason why I've pretty much left the building. I've got my little image of S/J, and maybe imagination is all I'm ever going to get. I would like to keep what happy thoughts I have.
        Nicely said!
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by siles View Post
          RDA confirmed he wasn't invited and said he had a "scandinavian" relationship with Robert Cooper after he left the show.
          Good point!
          sigpic

Comment

what the heck does that mean? a "Scandinavian relationship"

Comment

Gutter in the last 2 seasons? At most you could argue fluff given the "wedding" in 200, but basically the last 2 seasons plus the movies had been the most deserted ship period in the franchise
              If you knew me, you knew I see gutter everywhere. (just lurk on the thread). And it's not only what you see on screen but also what you can imagine off screen.

A few examples in S10.

Password is fishing. We all know what fishing stands for!
              The debriefing in DC that take longer...well perhaps Jack is very thorough... (GUTTER)
              All the copies in S9 in RE. Maternity leave(well normally speaking gutter is needed for that)

And I could go on, but I live in the gutter...

Deserted by the franchise. No. Jack wasn't there and why should Sam mention him the whole time? I would try to keep a relation like that low profile...the hints/evidents were ther*pokes Jenn to post her list* you just have to be willing to see it...and also like Jenn said earlier; if you want a ship with obvious reactions etc. you've chosen the wrong ship. On screen we will probably always see subtle stuff...

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
              what the heck does that mean? a "Scandinavian relationship"
              Not 100% sure but I think it means a "cold relationship" which means they're not on the best terms and don't speak each other a lot(or not at all).
              In Scandinavia(sp?) it is very often cold and that is why it is said in that way...I think.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by starlover View Post
                I would try to keep a relation like that low profile...the hints/evidents were ther*pokes Jenn to post her list* you just have to be willing to see it...and also like Jenn said earlier; if you want a ship with obvious reactions etc. you've chosen the wrong ship. On screen we will probably always see subtle stuff...
                I would, but I'm afeared of:
                Spoiler:
                They've got huge fangs and claws and I'm pretty sure their idea of a good time isn't the same as mine.

And, to make this post actually useful, nice little M rated drabble linked via here.

Comment

Originally posted by JenniferJF View Post
                  Spoiler:
                  http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o156/JenniferJF/troll_.jpg
                  They've got huge fangs and claws and I'm pretty sure their idea of a good time isn't the same as mine.

And, to make this post actually useful, nice little M rated drabble linked via here.
                  Re-incarnations are even scarier

Or not.

Last edited by Jumble; 21 December 2009, 07:35 AM.

Comment

Still Robert Cooper has no excuse for not inviting him or at least mentioning Jack in the series finale. Thanks God for Brad otherwise I'm pretty sure Jack would have been forgotten altogether.
                    For me, the interesting question is- when can one say "Coop screwed this up," vs. "This really is in character." I mean, what we have is what we have- and Coop was no fan of Sam/Jack, I think. My personal opinion is that he messed with that story line as much as he could. Ditto for the character of Jack.

Comment

Originally posted by JenniferJF View Post
                      Spoiler:
                      http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o156/JenniferJF/troll_.jpg

*snort* I forgot about that...I should have known better after all this time

Thank you for the drabble link btw It was ...cute
                      sigpic

Comment

If you knew me, you knew I see gutter everywhere. (just lurk on the thread). And it's not only what you see on screen but also what you can imagine off screen.

A few examples in S10.

Password is fishing. We all know what fishing stands for!
                        The debriefing in DC that take longer...well perhaps Jack is very thorough... (GUTTER)
                        All the copies in S9 in RE. Maternity leave(well normally speaking gutter is needed for that)

And I could go on, but I live in the gutter...

Deserted by the franchise. No. Jack wasn't there and why should Sam mention him the whole time? I would try to keep a relation like that low profile...the hints/evidents were ther*pokes Jenn to post her list* you just have to be willing to see it...and also like Jenn said earlier; if you want a ship with obvious reactions etc. you've chosen the wrong ship. On screen we will probably always see subtle stuff...

Not 100% sure but I think it means a "cold relationship" which means they're not on the best terms and don't speak each other a lot(or not at all).
                        In Scandinavia(sp?) it is very often cold and that is why it is said in that way...I think.
                        Nicely said. I can't add anything else to this. Except
                        +=
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Bekki View Post
                          Did I hear my name and pot-stirring in the same sentence?

*resists urge to pete-spam the thread*

It really has been too long! Do you know, there are shippers here that don't know how annoying I am? That saddens me greatly! I might have to stage another coup...(hehe, I accidentally wrote that as soup...staging soup wouldnt be too bad...it could be potato-spam soup...ha!)

watch yourselves, shippers...I'm souping!
                          Your annoying? spam??? You're the one who likes Pete! Right?
                          Last edited by Valerie_Jackson; 21 December 2009, 07:39 PM.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Valerie_Jackson View Post
                            Your annoying? spam??? That's your the one who likes Pete! Right?
                            Nah, she just likes being really annoying

*runz from Bekki*

Comment

So RCC and RDA are not are the best of terms i don't believe it. is any actor that work for stargate on best of terms with the writers? i wasn't being sarcastic, nor was i suppose to be. it's an honest question.

Comment

Originally posted by Valerie_Jackson View Post
                                Your annoying? spam??? That's your the one who likes Pete! Right?
                                She is...she even made me make this sig...

Spoilered for Kerry/Pete:

Spoiler:

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X