Sam Carter /Jack O'Neill Ship Appreciation Thread 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
    how can i do that if i havent even read it or bought it myself? i was asking if any of u guys did.
    Ah. My mistake. I figured since you knew of it, you had indeed read it and would share.

I apologize.
    Pol My Blog | My Fanfic | My FaceBook__ Sam: "Jack...please."

Comment

Originally posted by Pol View Post
      Ah. My mistake. I figured since you knew of it, you had indeed read it and would share.

I apologize.
      lol it's cool i may go by barnes n noble sometime this week and see if they have it.

Comment

Originally posted by Bekki View Post
        Did I hear my name and pot-stirring in the same sentence?

*resists urge to pete-spam the thread*

It really has been too long! Do you know, there are shippers here that don't know how annoying I am? That saddens me greatly! I might have to stage another coup...(hehe, I accidentally wrote that as soup...staging soup wouldnt be too bad...it could be potato-spam soup...ha!)

watch yourselves, shippers...I'm souping!
        Umm...Too long? Are you sure? Do you WANT them to know?

Why yes Bekki, you should stage another coup. Of course you should!!! (Note the sarcasm that I'm trying sooooo hard to hide, lol.) But you know, it just would be the same without Claudia and around to join you...
        sigpic
        Sig by Ikorni for Secret Santa

Comment

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
          lol it's cool i may go by barnes n noble sometime this week and see if they have it.
          APA has bought it and is reading it and promises to pass on any good bits to me. I'll forward them along Might be slow, though. It's Christmas week.

Comment

Originally posted by JenniferJF View Post
            It's more like a chuckle, really... But. You know Jumble.

*hugs Jumble and her Woohooness*

Ok, so it's sort of a cross between a chuckle and a giggle

Originally posted by JenniferJF View Post
            Yes. She's with Jack. They say so here. Oh.. you guys are gonna love that link

EDIT: Does that make up for everything else?
            That was nice to wake up to, thanks

A reminder for anyone who wants to party....

It's ok, I'm on topic because we've already proved that Martin is a fellow Shipper

Comment

Well, you all talked a lot yesterday.

Unending

I think my issue with Unending is not that Jack/RDA doesn't physically appear (business is business, budgets are budgets however I might disagree over how the money was spent), but that Jack isn't mentioned once.

Despite the major emphasis on Jack's relationship with the Asgard through the show's history. Despite his importance not just to Sam but to all of SG1.

For me, it seems bizarre that a character that played such a huge part in the show's history could be to all extents and purposes ignored in the finale of the TV series.

That's really all it would have taken for me to have been content with the episode as far as the issue of Jack was concerned. A mention of his name.
              sigpic
              Women of the Gate LJ Community.
              My Stargate Fanfiction. My LiveJournal.

Comment

Originally posted by Twilight506 View Post
                LOL Yes, there are many moments I have to pop on and ask "WAIT is this canon or did I just read too many fics that it BECAME canon in my head?"

*happy place* Sam/Jack married and going fishing. A lot. With toys!

Oh I have that too...sometimes I forget what did happened in canon and what not, certainly when I haven't seen SG on TV in a while but kept reading fanfic!

Originally posted by Regularamanda View Post
                *feels better*

<3's Martin Wood....

*feels much better*

*goes off to write S/J hot gutter because that's what they're doing now*
                ....I still have to get used to this guttery Amanda...not that I mind, but I know I will get the blame of making you guttery...

Only 9,950 to go before we break THIS thread!!!!!

WOOOT

Let's break it with S/J AWESOMENESS
                And you're all for breaking it huh? What if our old thread gets fixed and we just merge that one and this one together? Do we need to break the merged thread?

Did I hear my name and pot-stirring in the same sentence?

*resists urge to pete-spam the thread*

It really has been too long! Do you know, there are shippers here that don't know how annoying I am? That saddens me greatly! I might have to stage another coup...(hehe, I accidentally wrote that as soup...staging soup wouldnt be too bad...it could be potato-spam soup...ha!)

watch yourselves, shippers...I'm souping!
                *gibs slaps Bekki* ...this makes me remind me of your Potato and Kerry war with Claudia! Next time I know you two are having those avatars up again...or you that ...ship...sig*shudders* I made up...

Anyway...I do like some mashed potatos atm
                sigpic

Comment

I am so ... GRRR ... I just missed Shipmas celebration :-(

So I want to wish you great and Happy Christmas and Happy New Year.
                  And Happy ShipMass to everyone in the next year 2010.

Willen, Teslen and totally addicted to Helen Magnus! Amanda's fan.
                  / Twitter / FanFiction / CZ Blog /

Comment

Originally posted by starlover View Post

*gibs slaps Bekki* ...this makes me remind me of your Potato and Kerry war with Claudia! Next time I know you two are having those avatars up again...or you that ...ship...sig*shudders* I made up...

Anyway...I do like some mashed potatos atm
                    *happy sigh* It's oh so nice to be so well loved

Speaking of well loved

Jack.loves.Sam!
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
                      Actually, I'm pretty sure RDA was available for filming "Unending". He simply wasn't invited to participate.
                      RDA confirmed he wasn't invited and said he had a "scandinavian" relationship with Robert Cooper after he left the show.

Comment

:: hugs :: Bren, I hope things get better. I use fic too to help purge the brain. And I feel so LOVED having a fic dedicated to me!!!

Fic spoilers
                        Spoiler:
                        I'm SO GLAD you liked it. The S/T thing was the part I was holding my breath on. I tried to leave it "interpretable" - if the reader is weirded out they can just pretend nothing happened, or if they subscribe to AT's commentary they can see more. I was almost afraid I was being too "edgy" for a Shipmas fic but I had wanted SO badly to explain why Jack wasn't on the ship.

Wheee must go review it at ff.net!!

It's about cost and budget unfortunately. As much as RDA loves all of it, this is his job and he probably commands a pretty penny. To put a face like his into the episode would have shot the budget up beyond what they had available to them. It sucks, yes, but it's just business. That's why we haven't had our movies yet. (And I'm pulling this from the million times JM has answered these questions on his blog). :: hugs :: As fan though, I sympathize. I would have preferred RDA over Landry... no offense Beau LOL
                        Still Robert Cooper has no excuse for not inviting him or at least mentioning Jack in the series finale. Thanks God for Brad otherwise I'm pretty sure Jack would have been forgotten altogether.

Comment

:: points to her above post ::

C'mon guys - don't rag on TPTB about this. As much as it sucked, business is business and a budget is a budget. They had a certain amount of money and they had to decide how to best use his appearances. It made MORE sense to pull him into a show currently in production (SGA) to help ratings (again it's a business) rather than spend the money on a show that was ending (SG-1) - they have to get approval for this sort of thing too from the production company.

*sigh*

I know I'm being a broken record but the show's been done for several years now and it's time we stopped letting it chafe us so much and just let ourselves go to our happy places that explain why Jack wasn't there and how it created angst because Sam had to pine for her love.
                          Sam didn't pine for Jack (heck he wasn't even mentioned). Sure she was sad, but maybe it was because she missed Cassie and she felt blame for trapping the others in the time-bubble. Moreover she had Teal'c. Out of the whole mess I'm really sorry about Teal'c since he now basically lives in a sort of AU.

Comment

*happy sigh* It's oh so nice to be so well loved

Speaking of well loved

Jack.loves.Sam!
                            I try so hard to make you feel that way

Kissy kissy...you know that Moebius is one of my favorite episodes. It just has everything that makes SG good! It does help that I am good at ignoring the AT stuff and just enjoy the episode for what it is!
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by starlover View Post
                              *looks at empty quote page*

I was so sure I had *something* quoted

Acting of AT: I think she sold it for me in Singularity with Cassie*sigh* My first favorite episode(and now probably in the lower parts of top 10 if it's even still in it ) ...the crying scene and trying to let go of Cassie but not being able. So. Strong.
                              After that I can say more episodes in which AT's acting was amazing...but then this post will get way too long!

Unending/RDA/Jack: I missed him in the episode, but from a PTB standpoint I do understand it. Also I do think in a way it was good that he wasn't in it. It was the ending of the last two seasons in which Jack didn't really had a big role. So, why have him there? Then again if I see the whole set-up with the Asgard I get a bit question mark on my head(didn't Thor like Jack the most and thus ask as first for him?)
                              Anyway some will love the ending of S10(series finale) others will hate it. For me S8 Moebius was the ending of the first eight seasons...S9 and S10 are in a way a different series to me...*shrugs*

Or..in other words. First eight seasons were angst ship, last two were gutter ship...and after that fluff?!?!?! oh and gutter
                              Gutter in the last 2 seasons? At most you could argue fluff given the "wedding" in 200, but basically the last 2 seasons plus the movies had been the most deserted ship period in the franchise

Comment

Originally posted by siles View Post
                                Sam didn't pine for Jack (heck he wasn't even mentioned). Sure she was sad, but maybe it was because she missed Cassie and she felt blame for trapping the others in the time-bubble. Moreover she had Teal'c. Out of the whole mess I'm really sorry about Teal'c since he now basically lives in a sort of AU.
                                Well, it's all a matter of interpretation.

As irritated as I am that Jack wasn't mentioned by name, given Sam's personal history with him (not to mention the music cues of the Sam/Jack theme), IMO, she would pine for him. And I certainly interpret part of the character's angst as being away from Jack, desperation to get back to him.

And not to start the Teal'c discussion again - but whether Sam had Teal'c as a friend or something more, that is also a matter of interpretation.

But, yes: I do feel for Teal'c because at the end of the day, he's fifty years older and carrying the memories of another lifetime with his friends which he can't share with anyone.
                                sigpic
                                Women of the Gate LJ Community.
                                My Stargate Fanfiction. My LiveJournal.

Comment

Working...
                                X