• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Way I like Jack/Sam "Wet and Wild"
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Twilight506 View Post
      OT:

Then perhaps next time you ought to find out what's being talked about before forcing me to defend myself. We were on topic and that's that.
      or maybe, if i wasn't conditioned to 'expect' some of this attitude from some ppl here, i wouldn't be skimming through posts.

i'm not backing down either, hon, so how far is this going to go?
      sally

sigpic

Comment

Whoa, popping into a bit of a storm. Okay, folks, we all love Sam/Jack and that's why we're here. Let's take a deep breath and remember that fact, okay?

Tone and meaning don't translate well into written text, so...okay, deep breath

Now, that said, I'm dropping off a Campfire, post Jolinar's Memories. Enjoy.

Then go eat a Christmas cookie.
        Pol My Blog | My Fanfic | My FaceBook__ Sam: "Jack...please."

Comment

what i got you for christmas is

ah I don't wanna here it la la la la

Comment

Originally posted by Pol View Post
            Whoa, popping into a bit of a storm. Okay, folks, we all love Sam/Jack and that's why we're here. Let's take a deep breath and remember that fact, okay?

I think I'll just huggle you instead. :: POL :: You're a breath of fresh air and you're giving me something shippy to look at.

Comment

Oh, goodness, I've had way too many Christmas cookies already!

I've known we've had a new thread, but I've not posted cause...um...you know how it is... I didn't visit Shipmas either. Oh, I miss the days I never would have missed Shipmas or gone a day without posting. But, things change. Except . That's forever.

Comment

Originally posted by L.A. Doyle View Post

I've known we've had a new thread, but I've not posted cause...um...you know how it is... I didn't visit Shipmas either. Oh, I miss the days I never would have missed Shipmas or gone a day without posting. But, things change. Except . That's forever.
                :: huggles :: but you're here now!! And you're right IS forever... or at least as long as us shippers are here to keep it alive.

Comment

Originally posted by L.A. Doyle View Post

i made one post in the shipmas thread...

but that's b/c of burnout. NOT with ship, but just... tired of waiting, for what's been over 10 years. does take something out of someone, this waiting.

but sam/jack never gets old!
                  sally

sigpic

Comment

Did I hear my name and pot-stirring in the same sentence?

*resists urge to pete-spam the thread*

It really has been too long! Do you know, there are shippers here that don't know how annoying I am? That saddens me greatly! I might have to stage another coup...(hehe, I accidentally wrote that as soup...staging soup wouldnt be too bad...it could be potato-spam soup...ha!)

watch yourselves, shippers...I'm souping!
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Bekki View Post
                      Did I hear my name and pot-stirring in the same sentence?

*resists urge to pete-spam the thread*

It really has been too long! Do you know, there are shippers here that don't know how annoying I am? That saddens me greatly! I might have to stage another coup...(hehe, I accidentally wrote that as soup...staging soup wouldnt be too bad...it could be potato-spam soup...ha!)

watch yourselves, shippers...I'm souping!
                      :: perks ears :: means angst... angst is good...

Comment

hey did any of you read the little sam/jack extended scene in the air novel?

Comment

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
                          There's MORE?? Do tell!!

:: should be sleeping but is awake "helping" hubby pack ::

Comment

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
                            Uh, no...but you'll post an excerpt here, won't you? Hmmmm?
                            Pol My Blog | My Fanfic | My FaceBook__ Sam: "Jack...please."

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
                              to be honest with you, i didn't even completely read your sam/teal'c posts (jenn's either), b/c i didn't want to read sam/other posts here. so if you've been talking about them in a context of 'friendship', then i'm sorry i missed it.

i can't stand sam/pete, but i've not asked anyone to not talk about it *b/c* it existed on the show. yes, there's some that merely talk about it b/c they love to stir the pot (hi, bekki! ), but for the context of the show and the s/j relationship, it's something that impacted on our couple and is debate material.

but sam/teal'c? it's not real, it's not canon.

am i being picky or pig-headed? perhaps, but like i said before, it's all about the 'intent'.
                              Well, I think you're right about that, sally. And not to restart this convo, but
                              Spoiler:
                              There's a difference between discussing canon, and imagining a romantic relationship that's been negated by the writers themselves. That takes a bit of desire and interest in the relationship that goes past the observation of what is happening on the screen. And if a shipper is defined as someone wants to see the relationship, well...

But I guess my main objection to Sam/Teal'c is that it reinforces the idea of Sam being unwilling or unable to stick with Jack through thick and thin, of needing to be with someone. Which was understandable before Threads, but now, not so much. It's a summation of things- TRE, The Road Not Taken, the comments that AT has made, the fact that we've never seen S/J confirmed on screen.

And I also see it as sort of symptomatic. We've been waiting, and waiting and waiting. And it's natural for us to wonder why that is, to make the story we believe fit with what we see. Or maybe even to distance ourselves from the ship in case we're disappointed. Hence the questioning. I was just mentioning this to Cags the other day as the reason why I've pretty much left the building. I've got my little image of S/J, and maybe imagination is all I'm ever going to get. I would like to keep what happy thoughts I have.
                              Last edited by VSS; 20 December 2009, 11:12 PM.

Comment

Uh, no...but you'll post an excerpt here, won't you? Hmmmm?
                                how can i do that if i havent even read it or bought it myself? i was asking if any of u guys did.

Comment

Working...
                                X