Sam Carter /Jack O'Neill Ship Appreciation Thread 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
    Actually, I'm pretty sure RDA was available for filming "Unending". He simply wasn't invited to participate.
    the writers really pissed me off that they didn't invite RDA to do the Last Episode. it was the last episode of the series and it would've been nice to have the guy that Started the whole thing be in the last episode.

Comment

Originally posted by mad_gater View Post
      here's hoping we don't have to fight off any Aschen next year.....
      i don't think that will happen.

Comment

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
        the writers really pissed me off that they didn't invite RDA to do the Last Episode. it was the last episode of the series and it would've been nice to have the guy that Started the whole thing be in the last episode.
        :: points to her above post ::

C'mon guys - don't rag on TPTB about this. As much as it sucked, business is business and a budget is a budget. They had a certain amount of money and they had to decide how to best use his appearances. It made MORE sense to pull him into a show currently in production (SGA) to help ratings (again it's a business) rather than spend the money on a show that was ending (SG-1) - they have to get approval for this sort of thing too from the production company.

*sigh*

I know I'm being a broken record but the show's been done for several years now and it's time we stopped letting it chafe us so much and just let ourselves go to our happy places that explain why Jack wasn't there and how it created angst because Sam had to pine for her love.

Comment

Originally posted by Twilight506 View Post

C'mon guys - don't rag on TPTB about this. As much as it sucked, business is business and a budget is a budget. They had a certain amount of money and they had to decide how to best use his appearances. It made MORE sense to pull him into a show currently in production (SGA) to help ratings (again it's a business) rather than spend the money on a show that was ending (SG-1) - they have to get approval for this sort of thing too from the production company.

*sigh*

I know I'm being a broken record but the show's been done for several years now and it's time we stopped letting it chafe us so much and just let ourselves go to our happy places that explain why Jack wasn't there and how it created angst because Sam had to pine for her love.
          your right about everything i apologize for my rant.

Comment

*looks at empty quote page*

I was so sure I had *something* quoted

Acting of AT: I think she sold it for me in Singularity with Cassie*sigh* My first favorite episode(and now probably in the lower parts of top 10 if it's even still in it ) ...the crying scene and trying to let go of Cassie but not being able. So. Strong.
            After that I can say more episodes in which AT's acting was amazing...but then this post will get way too long!

Unending/RDA/Jack: I missed him in the episode, but from a PTB standpoint I do understand it. Also I do think in a way it was good that he wasn't in it. It was the ending of the last two seasons in which Jack didn't really had a big role. So, why have him there? Then again if I see the whole set-up with the Asgard I get a bit question mark on my head(didn't Thor like Jack the most and thus ask as first for him?)
            Anyway some will love the ending of S10(series finale) others will hate it. For me S8 Moebius was the ending of the first eight seasons...S9 and S10 are in a way a different series to me...*shrugs*

Or..in other words. First eight seasons were angst ship, last two were gutter ship...and after that fluff?!?!?! oh and gutter
            sigpic

Comment

*sigh*

but it is alright if some of us still aren't happy with it, right? i like some of the stuff the ptb have done, but i also *don't* like some of what they've done. i don't care about the reasons for why rda/jack wasn't in the last episode, only whether it was explained *in the episode*. it wasn't.

but, you know, if 'unending' actually *showed* sam angsting about jack, i would have taken him not being in it a heck of a lot better.

i guess i have a long memory, especially when it comes to feeling jaded.
              sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
                but it is alright if some of us still aren't happy with it, right? i like some of the stuff the ptb have done, but i also *don't* like some of what they've done. i don't care about the reasons for why rda/jack wasn't in the last episode, only whether it was explained *in the episode*. it wasn't.

but, you know, if 'unending' actually *showed* sam angsting about jack, i would have taken him not being in it a heck of a lot better.

I think it's fine to dislike it - and that's not my issue. My issue is that we take it out on the writers/producers. I feel like for Unending that at least an on screen explanation for WHY Jack wasn't present would have been nice at the very least because without it, I think it IS a huge hole in the plot considering how big of a deal they make out of Jack and Thor's relationship throughout the series.

So, yeah, you don't have to like it and it's okay to say "Yeah it would've made more sense or been better with Jack," I'm just saying we don't need to get our knickers in a wad over it every time its mentioned. Make sense?

EDIT: I think what I'm trying to say is that Jack not being present isn't something we should get upset about. Dislike, sure, but upset, no. Now if they had contradicted our ship like say the writers over on the set of Star Trek Voyager :: burns a script in effigy :: THAT is worth ire. But it's the wrong board for me to get my voodoo dolls out... :: cough cough :: Uh.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Jitter View Post
                    nuh-uh *puts hands over ears* not listening fa lalalalala
                    You know, even with a killer too-many-cups-of-holiday-cheer headache...

Fa la la's make me giggle!
                    Love and hot fudge,
                    Bren Ren
                    ~
                    My stories!
                    ~

sigpic

Comment

I think it's fine to dislike it - and that's not my issue. My issue is that we take it out on the writers/producers. I feel like for Unending that at least an on screen explanation for WHY Jack wasn't present would have been nice at the very least because without it, I think it IS a huge hole in the plot considering how big of a deal they make out of Jack and Thor's relationship throughout the series.

So, yeah, you don't have to like it and it's okay to say "Yeah it would've made more sense or been better with Jack," I'm just saying we don't need to get our knickers in a wad over it every time its mentioned. Make sense?
                      it makes sense, but you also have to give some of us that lived through these events, real time, patience and understanding. or at least tolerance.

i won't wad my nickers over it being brought up if you don't wad them if we say something. deal?
                      sally

sigpic

Comment

it makes sense, but you also have to give some of us that lived through these events, real time, patience and understanding. or at least tolerance.

i won't wad my nickers over it being brought up if you don't wad them if we say something. deal?
                        Very well said Sally!
                        sigpic

Comment

{Major Snippage reporting to duy, sir!}...and just let ourselves go to our happy places that explain why Jack wasn't there and how it created angst because Sam had to pine for her love.
                          Or, for those of us dwelling in the plural zone, the happy places where Jack was there with Sam enjoying twenty years of screwing the regs that no longer applied cause they're happily married!

Okay, I admit, I've read a few too many fics and the lines between fanon and canon have blurred a tad. Not that I ever paid any attention to those lines in the first place.
                          Love and hot fudge,
                          Bren Ren
                          ~
                          My stories!
                          ~

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Jitter View Post
                            All I have to say is that it's not just you xD
                            Good...Good...Nice to know I'm not alone, lol.

I think I'm going to have to take a week to rewatch all 10 seasons now that Hulu is supposed to have them all...I only own S10...
                            sigpic
                            Sig by Ikorni for Secret Santa

Comment

Originally posted by BrenRen View Post
                              Or, for those of us dwelling in the plural zone, the happy places where Jack was there with Sam enjoying twenty years of screwing the regs that no longer applied cause they're happily married!

Okay, I admit, I've read a few too many fics and the lines between fanon and canon have blurred a tad. Not that I ever paid any attention to those lines in the first place.
                              LOL Yes, there are many moments I have to pop on and ask "WAIT is this canon or did I just read too many fics that it BECAME canon in my head?"

*happy place* Sam/Jack married and going fishing. A lot. With toys!

Comment

<nods head vigorously in agreement>
                                <and immediately regrets it when the dagger digs a little deeper into my skull. no. more. holiday. cheer. for. me.>

I've got a pretty long memory when it comes to feeling jaded too. Or in this case, jacked. And not in the good way.

Why do you think I still type out : eek : even on YIM and ffnet reviews?
                                Love and hot fudge,
                                Bren Ren
                                ~
                                My stories!
                                ~

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X