Sam Carter /Jack O'Neill Ship Appreciation Thread 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Merry Day After Shipmas!

I'm just off to catch up on what I missed on the Shipmas thread but just to comment on the movie vs the series...

I loved the movie. Really enjoyed Kurt's rendition of O'Neill at the time and I thought it was a good buddy movie between him and Spader.

I have to admit though that the Stargate movie is now something that I have as 'AU' in my head.

The events and everything I keep as canon (Jack losing his son, the suicide mission to Abydos, Daniel getting the Stargate to work, meeting Sha're, etc) but I just substitute our Jack and Daniel.

I have to say though that I did once watch the movie, into COTG, etc for my fanfic bible and I think what RDA and MS did incredibly well was to make the transition work - there are flashes of Kurt's O'Neill in RDA's performance, and MS does emulate Spader's mannerisms very well to provide a solid version of Spader's Daniel.

Personally, I prefer RDA in the role. He brought an irreverence and an ability to mock the outlandish situations they found themselves in that I think was needed for the character to work long term.

I also do miss Sam and Teal'c whenever I watch the movie now. And as fond as I am of the Daniel/Sha'uri dynamic, I miss my Sam/Jack. Yay, got this on topic!
    sigpic
    Women of the Gate LJ Community.
    My Stargate Fanfiction. My LiveJournal.

Comment

Awesome Shipmas celebrations everyone Really good fun as ever and always fab to see the love for the ship so enthusiastically displayed

Now off to catch up with the rest of it from after I went to bed...
      sigpic
      Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

Just wanted to pop in and say it was nice to see everyone yesterday and to wish you all a very Merry Christmas and a wonderful 2010!

APA
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SamJackShipper93 View Post
          Subtle, Jann. Very subtle.

I accept the movie for what it is, but I wouldn't choose to sit down and watch it for fun. I like James Spader, but Kurt Russell's Jack is soooooo boring. *Yawn* I also really miss that female presence on the team that Sam brings.

I think that they should have remade that movie using the SG-1 actors, adding Sam and figuring out a way to involve Teal'c. Then it'd be interesting. What?! A girl can dream can't she?
          Well, I do like to watch it and it ain't bad, but it's just...not SG-1...it's like a wannabe

You are right that they miss the female presence(AKA Sam) on the team. Even though Sha're is in it, it's different. I think that if I don't think about the series...either the Jack O'Neil from the movie should have had his problems with his wife resolved(for example...let him come home happy and say something that he will try to work on everything...or just the total opposite or so)

And that last sentence of yours explains why I see the original CotG as the movie and the original movie as a stand alone...

Originally posted by JenniferJF View Post
          But Jann, you live in the gutter. You think RDA's version does, too...
          So? That's good...

*collapses at home exhausted

Anyone have any aspirin?
          Others already handed over aspirin but that's what you get when you post too much... *looks at stats* 275 times...more than 100 posts more than the number two

J/K

It was an awesome party people. I loved it as always *huggles shippers*
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by AstraPerAspera View Post
            Just wanted to pop in and say it was nice to see everyone yesterday and to wish you all a very Merry Christmas and a wonderful 2010!

APA
            It was good to see you again

*thinks for a second*

*grabs APA and ties her to a chair*

You won't leave...please stay
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by starlover View Post
              Others already handed over aspirin but that's what you get when you post too much... *looks at stats* 275 times...more than 100 posts more than the number two
              *whistles innocently*

Explains why my fingertips tingle this morning. Stupid trackpad.
              You won't leave...please stay
              But if she stays, then ya'll will realize how often I'm simply channeling APA

Comment

*whistles innocently*

Explains why my fingertips tingle this morning. Stupid trackpad.
                *huggles* I know the feeling

Still it was awesome to see all your wallies again

But if she stays, then ya'll will realize how often I'm simply channeling APA
                And? Thus? You two make a great team together...that will just mean we get more awesome discussions Even when you two agree!
                *whines* I want both of you on the thread!
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by AstraPerAspera View Post

APA
                  It was lovely to see you too

And really, you don't have to apologize to me for the 'Always' scene being your fave despite it not being shot by Martin (as far as we know ) I do accept that some of the other Directors are pretty good

*hugs*
                  Last edited by Jumble; 20 December 2009, 03:34 AM.

Comment

And? Thus? You two make a great team together...that will just mean we get more awesome discussions Even when you two agree!
                    *whines* I want both of you on the thread!
                    *eyes email inbox*...

The problem is, Sanctuary requires *so* much energy to properly watch and discuss, leaving very little time for much of anything else. Barring special events, of course

If you could see my email box, you'd know what I meant. And possibly have me committed...

And on topic: I have to admit, that Always shot with Sam and Jack sitting together on one side of the glass, Jack between Sam and Jacob, with Jacob simply a reflection. Yeah. That's my favorite S/J shot. (It's not, however, any longer my absolute favorite most romantically angsty shot ever - that belongs to another MW scene now...)

Which reminds me, one more day to Martinmas (is that what it's called?) I need to make my screen caps (Though I saw most of them digging in m PB/Imageshack accounts yesterday)

Comment

*walks in wearing her pink Hello Kitty slippers, PJ's and a mug of steaming hot fruit tea*

That was some party last night! I loved it.

*huggles everyone*

I was just skimming through the new Official Stargate Magazine and I almost suffocated in my tea when I read this (it was written during season 8) this is what was said in Sam Carter's NID file:

"My study of her record and certain SGC missions suggests that Carter may also have a relationship with O'Neill, her immediate superior, in violation of fraternization regulations. If this can be proven, it would allow us to remove one or both from the SGC, or at the very least, break up the team of SG-1" - Frank Simmons

Then there a note from Richard Woolsey: "General, do you have any comment on this claim of fraternization? I would be glad of your assurance that it can't be substantiated by any actions of yourself or Col. Carter."

And Jack replies with a note: "For crying out loud! We're both seeing other people. Does that look like fraternization to you?"

I was like: no way!. Then checked the front of the magazine and it's an official one LOL. So they're saying that the NID knew about Sam and Jack.

Tee-hee.

*snuggles on the sofa, sipping from her tea and reading the Shipmas fanfics*

Comment

*eyes email inbox*...

The problem is, Sanctuary requires *so* much energy to properly watch and discuss, leaving very little time for much of anything else. Barring special events, of course

If you could see my email box, you'd know what I meant. And possibly have me committed...

And on topic: I have to admit, that Always shot with Sam and Jack sitting together on one side of the glass, Jack between Sam and Jacob, with Jacob simply a reflection. Yeah. That's my favorite S/J shot. (It's not, however, any longer my absolute favorite most romantically angsty shot ever - that belongs to another MW scene now...)

Which reminds me, one more day to Martinmas (is that what it's called?) I need to make my screen caps (Though I saw most of them digging in m PB/Imageshack accounts yesterday)
                        Sanctuary does do tha to you!

As for the Always scene, as much as I like it, it's not my favorite scene in ways of filming...I still prefer the openingsscene of Continuum above that and a scene in S7 Revisions where the camera pans from above SG-1(in a circle) to before them ...but I just love that sorts of "scenes"

Martinmas is tomorrow *needs to start preparing REALLY soon*

Originally posted by Lara_SGC View Post
                        *walks in wearing her pink Hello Kitty slippers, PJ's and a mug of steaming hot fruit tea*

That was some party last night! I loved it.

*huggles everyone*

I was just skimming through the new Official Stargate Magazine and I almost suffocated in my tea when I read this (it was written during season 8) this is what was said in Sam Carter's NID file:

"My study of her record and certain SGC missions suggests that Carter may also have a relationship with O'Neill, her immediate superior, in violation of fraternization regulations. If this can be proven, it would allow us to remove one or both from the SGC, or at the very least, break up the team of SG-1" - Frank Simmons

Then there a note from Richard Woolsey: "General, do you have any comment on this claim of fraternization? I would be glad of your assurance that it can't be substantiated by any actions of yourself or Col. Carter."

And Jack replies with a note: "For crying out loud! We're both seeing other people. Does that look like fraternization to you?"

I was like: no way!. Then checked the front of the magazine and it's an official one LOL. So they're saying that the NID knew about Sam and Jack.

Tee-hee.

*snuggles on the sofa, sipping from her tea and reading the Shipmas fanfics*
                        I got that magazine too! I told this fragement to Amanda at the beginning of the month(got it for Sinterklaas). So awesome! and the seeing other people...so a cover
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Lara_SGC View Post
                          If you recall, in Politics, Sam and Jack's relationship was one of the things Kinsey brought up to Hayes as proof of misdoings at the SGC - among other things, the scene in Paradise Lost when she goes nuts on Bill Lee. Hayes responds, "They have a right to their feelings," and dismisses that complaint as Sam and Jack have never done anything about them and maintained professionalism. Interesting, that allegation seems to be the one that finally goes to far and starts to make Woolsey realize Kinsey is on a personal witch-hunt and not actually concerned for the well-being of anything or anyone, leading to his 'switching sides' as it were.

Which, of course, thick as he is, almost certainly puts Woolsey eventually into the 'Those Who Know' pile.

Comment

As for the Always scene, as much as I like it, it's not my favorite scene in ways of filming...I still prefer the openingsscene of Continuum above that and a scene in S7 Revisions where the camera pans from above SG-1(in a circle) to before them ...but I just love that sorts of "scenes"
                            Shhh... your giving away my 12 Days of MW...

Though I've not noticed the Revisions scene. I tend to find that episode.. distracting.. for other reasons.

Comment

Shhh... your giving away my 12 Days of MW...

Though I've not noticed the Revisions scene. I tend to find that episode.. distracting.. for other reasons.
                              Sorry.

I don't know if it's directed by MW though but I do love it I like it when the camera moves...I have something against static cameras *shrugs*

Best S/J camera moment...I think the fishing...I like the zooming in...oohh and the infirmary scene in Entity(when you see Sam and Jack; after the shooting)
                              Surprisingly the Grace kiss ain't in it, but that's because it's static...how hot the kiss is it could have been shown way better and LONGER!!! FCOL
                              sigpic

Comment

Sorry.

I don't know if it's directed by MW though but I do love it I like it when the camera moves...I have something against static cameras *shrugs*

Best S/J camera moment...I think the fishing...I like the zooming in...oohh and the infirmary scene in Entity(when you see Sam and Jack; after the shooting)
                                Surprisingly the Grace kiss ain't in it, but that's because it's static...how hot the kiss is it could have been shown way better and LONGER!!! FCOL
                                You don't know if..........

Um.... to stay on topic.......... Martin Wood - S/J Shipper!

I'm pretty sure we wood have made a better job of that Grace kiss too

Comment

Working...
                                X