Sam Carter /Jack O'Neill Ship Appreciation Thread 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pol View Post
    Edit: Oh yeah...I'm done too! All papers turned in, everything graded, grades posted. Still have to write the lit review for the article I'm publishing, but...meh...no worries! TIME TO WRITE FICTION!!!
    FICTION FICTION FICTION :: jumps up and down :: :: twirls in a circle ::

Comment

for my pic spam i was trying to find some good office pics of Colonel Carter in Atlantis but i could use some help.

Comment

Originally posted by Twilight506 View Post
        Oh look Amanda - your studying paid off. Now you can focus on what *really* matters. Sam and Jack. Squee on the picspam!
        I know...and I can finally get around to writing fic!

Amanda, I was just going to send you a message. You want an Embrace Me, you gotta give me an ep upon which to base it. Fic by request - shoot me an email offlist, eh?

*snipped for uber laziness*

Edit: Oh yeah...I'm done too! All papers turned in, everything graded, grades posted. Still have to write the lit review for the article I'm publishing, but...meh...no worries! TIME TO WRITE FICTION!!!
        Yay! *bounces* Just sent you a message...err didn't see that little edit to the first part...sorry , and good job on the papers!

My Fanfiction My Sam/Jack vids (yahoo) My LJ
        Thanks everyone for my b-day icons and sigs!
        Nobody can make you feel inferior without your consent. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

I'm feeling uninspired. I'm working on Ch. 7 of my Kiss fic and *sniffles* I feel STUCK. I've come with some creative and realistic ways to get S/J under the mistletoe without breaking canon, but... I've run out of ideas. I'm setting it right before she leaves on the Prometheus. *sigh*

Comment

I'm feeling uninspired. I'm working on Ch. 7 of my Kiss fic and *sniffles* I feel STUCK. I've come with some creative and realistic ways to get S/J under the mistletoe without breaking canon, but... I've run out of ideas. I'm setting it right before she leaves on the Prometheus. *sigh*
            I'll say, besides mid-S4 or post S-8, that's a point in time where I can see it happening. I can even see Jack manuevering it into happening on purpose, as I think Grace was a second (or third?) wakeup call for him... For what it's worth

Comment

Originally posted by JenniferJF View Post
              I'll say, besides mid-S4 or post S-8, that's a point in time where I can see it happening. I can even see Jack manuevering it into happening on purpose, as I think Grace was a second (or third?) wakeup call for him... For what it's worth
              I have it staying pretty innocent and with the exception of 1, there's an outside influence pushing it. I try to make it believable - even in the characters reactions.

And... (spoilered for those who will read it and don't like to be spoiled)
              Spoiler:
              The one for S. 6 had Jack trying to get away from her as fast as he can afterwards. S. 8 is angsty and won't have one...

EDIT: Jenn, you just inspired me...
              EDIT #2: GAH... so now I have what I'm going to do but I don't have a decent setting. :: cries ::

Comment

That's what I'm here for, to hand out beatings. And because it's Christmas, I'm giving them away for free!

And we're also so happy to receive the beatings...well...if it works then it is probably needed

<snip>

On topic, speaking of ships, for those who don't know, I shipped quite a bit when I was younger, than got totally turned off ships entirely, becoming uber cynical about them (cause, really.. TV ships either never go anywhere - or end tragically and randomly - or never seem to involve sane rational remotely emotionally mature people or people even capable of *becoming* emotionally mature people. So I snorted my way through years of TV, did the same during Threads.. then had to eat my snort when TV characters actually acted like actual adult human beings.

It was a truely shocking moment for me... Then I had to go back and watch through from CotG to pay attention to all the stuff I'd studiously ignored (or snarked at) the first time once I realized TPTB were actually quite clever and willing to break the TV rules from time to time and discovered Sam and Jack were actually amazingly complex characters (for TV) who actually managed to develop and grow over the years in a surprisingly realistic yet subtle way very few TV characters generally do.

/fangurl moment

Cause, I mean honestly, how many shows can you actually use the word 'foil' in a discussion about and not be referring to the aluminum kind?
                I totally agree with you here about S/J. It is one of the few really realistic ships in the ways of character behavior. Normally you see the characters cheating/overly drooly etc etc etc... but this is just...real to me...and it shows that a good relationship doesn't need kisses and hugs(and gutter) all the time to build up Okay it works good when you're *in* one but still they work so well together and I think that even before they became a couple S/J behaved like an old married couple. The reactions on each other, the glances etc. it's just...good

FICTION FICTION FICTION :: jumps up and down :: :: twirls in a circle ::
                *mumbles* addict*mumbles*

sigpic

Comment

I'm also feeling uninspired, anyone want to throw out ideas for the 12 days of Christmas fic I'm working on? The setting/other story line is really what's killing me. *head desk*

Comment

Originally posted by Regularamanda View Post
                    I'm also feeling uninspired, anyone want to throw out ideas for the 12 days of Christmas fic I'm working on? The setting/other story line is really what's killing me. *head desk*
                    Oh you and me both. I have 2.5 chapters left... I think I might have to quit for the evening and try again tomorrow.

Comment

amanda and Twi I think you both need this ...

You're probably suffering from Grace kiss depreviation

So...stare...

*stares*

Angst and Gutter combined...it always works to lure the muses back...*looks around for artwork muse*

*sighs*

*goes back to doing nothing and staring at the kiss*
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
                        for my pic spam i was trying to find some good office pics of Colonel Carter in Atlantis but i could use some help.
                        Try here: http://stargate.mgm.com/view/series/2/index.html
                        Pol My Blog | My Fanfic | My FaceBook__ Sam: "Jack...please."

Comment

Hmmm... What does it say about the obscure twistiness of my brain that I get more excited about that stoopid shot from SGU than from 100 pages of 'wedding' pics?

I should get tested.

But I love that scene.

*happy sigh*
                          LOL...you are SUCH a shipper! And, as Martha would say, that's a GOOD thing!
                          Pol My Blog | My Fanfic | My FaceBook__ Sam: "Jack...please."

Comment

LOL...you are SUCH a shipper! And, as Martha would say, that's a GOOD thing!
                            Somebody better say something or I'm gonna break down and post my Christmas sig a day early.

Must.. Not.. Post....

Only, if it were a man, and if I weren't married, I'd marry the thing

*bounces*

EDIT: Yes, in school I always had the assignments done days early... and they looked at me just like that, too...
                            Last edited by JenniferJF; 17 December 2009, 05:37 PM.

Comment

Somebody better say something or I'm gonna break down and post my Christmas sig a day early.

Must.. Not.. Post....

Only, if it were a man, and if I weren't married, I'd marry the thing

*bounces*

EDIT: Yes, in school I always had the assignments done days early... and they looked at me just like that, too...
                              Don't look at me I'm just going to egg you on.

Comment

Jenn...

Show it, Show it, SHOW IT!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X