No announcement yet.

Sam Carter /Jack O'Neill Ship Appreciation Thread 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am a super shipper so I won't list all of my ships but I will say that my internet shipping started with Willabeth (from POTC) and I just came back to internet shipping recently

Edit: We will get at third movie *crosses fingers*
    sigpic
    Sig by Everlovin My YT|My other vid site|My LJ|My Photobucket|My ImageShack|"Stargate is life, Sam and Jack are happiness, Shippers are almighty" by hlndncr

Comment

Today's Advent calender Artwork is brought to you by

Jasmina

For more information about the origins of the Advent, on which this calender is based, go to this site .

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Tachyon View Post
        I have had three serious ships to date and these are:

- Mulder and Scully (oh boy - I was deep, I'm telling ya)
        - Janeway and Chakotay
        - Sam and Jack

At the moment Sam and Jack are definitely owing in my personal universe. Tee hee.
        2 on 3 for me: Mulder and Scully, Sam & Jack
        sigpic
        My vids Sig made by me

Comment

Howdy and Welcome, XFchemist!!!
          "Are you like, a crazy person?"
          "I am quite sure they will say so."

Comment

Originally posted by es! View Post
            This could totally be my post
            I was John/Aeryn, then Bron/Ben then SJ and Sparky...lately I'm trying to resist Harm/Mac and Brennen/Booth.

And to keep this SJ related. I went to carols the other day and sung the shipper version of each carol loud and clear to the amusement of my mother and the very strange looks of families sitting around me.

! All Aboard The Shipper Train!
            I Heart ! Proud Member of Thunk For Club!
            Don't wait for your ship to come in. Swim out to it.

Comment

Originally posted by Twilight506 View Post
              Oh? :: raises eyebrow :: angsty Xmas story? :: ears perk up ::
              Mwahahaha... APA's writing a Shipmas fic. (*insert happy dance here*) It's almost done, final edit today

Originally posted by Twilight506 View Post
              **I just had a "Sam Carter as Mom" moment - we're watching "Mickey Mouse's Funhouse" and they're flying through space and get lost. The professor duck tells them to use their constellations to get home:
              I refuse to read the children's book The Hair Book the right way. Darn thing insists whale's have no hair.... Stoopid, stoopid book.

On topic, speaking of ships, for those who don't know, I shipped quite a bit when I was younger, than got totally turned off ships entirely, becoming uber cynical about them (cause, really.. TV ships either never go anywhere - or end tragically and randomly - or never seem to involve sane rational remotely emotionally mature people or people even capable of *becoming* emotionally mature people. So I snorted my way through years of TV, did the same during Threads.. then had to eat my snort when TV characters actually acted like actual adult human beings.

It was a truely shocking moment for me... Then I had to go back and watch through from CotG to pay attention to all the stuff I'd studiously ignored (or snarked at) the first time once I realized TPTB were actually quite clever and willing to break the TV rules from time to time and discovered Sam and Jack were actually amazingly complex characters (for TV) who actually managed to develop and grow over the years in a surprisingly realistic yet subtle way very few TV characters generally do.

/fangurl moment

Cause, I mean honestly, how many shows can you actually use the word 'foil' in a discussion about and not be referring to the aluminum kind?

Comment

Originally posted by nogigglingmajor View Post
                I was John/Aeryn, then Bron/Ben then SJ and Sparky...lately I'm trying to resist Harm/Mac and Brennen/Booth.

And to keep this SJ related. I went to carols the other day and sung the shipper version of each carol loud and clear to the amusement of my mother and the very strange looks of families sitting around me.
                I think I will start singing the shippy versions too
                sigpic
                Sig by Everlovin My YT|My other vid site|My LJ|My Photobucket|My ImageShack|"Stargate is life, Sam and Jack are happiness, Shippers are almighty" by hlndncr

Comment

And remember, we're shipping Sam and Jack here....everyone else's 'ship is OT for this list.

Pol My Blog | My Fanfic | My FaceBook__ Sam: "Jack...please."

Comment

Originally posted by JenniferJF View Post
                    Mwahahaha... APA's writing a Shipmas fic. (*insert happy dance here*) It's almost done, final edit today
                    I'm so happy that APA is writing something for Shipmas!!! :: also does happy dance ::

I refuse to read the children's book The Hair Book the right way. Darn thing insists whale's have no hair.... Stoopid, stoopid book.
                    This makes me think of the Dilbert comic in which Dogbert goes through explaining that whales have hair... and at the end declares "Shave the Whales!" I laugh every time I think of this.

On topic, speaking of ships, for those who don't know, I shipped quite a bit when I was younger, than got totally turned off ships entirely, becoming uber cynical about them (cause, really.. TV ships either never go anywhere - or end tragically and randomly - or never seem to involve sane rational remotely emotionally mature people or people even capable of *becoming* emotionally mature people. So I snorted my way through years of TV, did the same during Threads.. then had to eat my snort when TV characters actually acted like actual adult human beings.

It was a truely shocking moment for me... Then I had to go back and watch through from CotG to pay attention to all the stuff I'd studiously ignored (or snarked at) the first time once I realized TPTB were actually quite clever and willing to break the TV rules from time to time and discovered Sam and Jack were actually amazingly complex characters (for TV) who actually managed to develop and grow over the years in a surprisingly realistic yet subtle way very few TV characters generally do.

/fangurl moment

Cause, I mean honestly, how many shows can you actually use the word 'foil' in a discussion about and not be referring to the aluminum kind?
                    With SG-1, I actually had to go and read a bunch of spoilers before I finally dedicated myself to the ship LOL. I saw S. 3 and my husband off handedly mentioned that they played around with S/J throughout the series. My eyebrow raised (because I could FEEL the chemistry between RDA and AT) and I went on the prowl learning all that could. Satisfied, I decided to ship.

Like you Jenn, I have trouble shipping - particularly when the show is still on the air. I refuse to get my hopes up (J/C was my lesson in the heartbreaking reality - I learned young sensei). So I watch with an air of distance.

But not with S/J :: huggles ship ::

Comment

Originally posted by Pol View Post
                      http://i328.photobucket.com/albums/l355/polrobin/SG_Images/sgu0101-1182xe.jpg[/CENTER]
                      Hmmm... What does it say about the obscure twistiness of my brain that I get more excited about that stoopid shot from SGU than from 100 pages of 'wedding' pics?

I should get tested.

But I love that scene.

*happy sigh*

Comment

Originally posted by nogigglingmajor View Post

Resistance is futile!!! I mean it.
                        And + =
                        sigpic

Comment

OT exams/school
                          Spoiler:
                          School is done until Jan. 19th!! Yay! I don't know how I did on my Algebra exam yesterday or on my Chemistry test today...but I got a 95/100 on my Psychology exam I took today!

So in celebration...a picspam!

My Fanfiction My Sam/Jack vids (yahoo) My LJ
                          Thanks everyone for my b-day icons and sigs!
                          Nobody can make you feel inferior without your consent. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Oh look Amanda - your studying paid off. Now you can focus on what *really* matters. Sam and Jack. Squee on the picspam!

Comment

Amanda, I was just going to send you a message. You want an Embrace Me, you gotta give me an ep upon which to base it. Fic by request - shoot me an email offlist, eh?

Aahhhh....campfires. Or is it Campfires?

Let me lean in a bit here to see
                              <unconsciously lifts arm to accommodate>

(offscreen) Hmm...They don't seem to have any personal space issues, do they?
                              :Teal'c: (offscreen) Indeed

And from last year's Elf yourself...

Edit: Oh yeah...I'm done too! All papers turned in, everything graded, grades posted. Still have to write the lit review for the article I'm publishing, but...meh...no worries! TIME TO WRITE FICTION!!!
                              Pol My Blog | My Fanfic | My FaceBook__ Sam: "Jack...please."

Comment

Originally posted by JenniferJF View Post
                                Hmmm... What does it say about the obscure twistiness of my brain that I get more excited about that stoopid shot from SGU than from 100 pages of 'wedding' pics?

I should get tested.

But I love that scene.

*happy sigh*
                                100 Pages of Wedding Pics?

Comment

Working...
                                X