Sam Carter /Jack O'Neill Ship Appreciation Thread 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rachel500 View Post
    And to be vaguely on topic, I'm heading back to my Shipmas fic.
    I have mine open in another window.... LOL

**I just had a "Sam Carter as Mom" moment - we're watching "Mickey Mouse's Funhouse" and they're flying through space and get lost. The professor duck tells them to use their constellations to get home:

Me: Eli, that doesn't work in space. You use that if you're on the ocean.
    Eli: (2.5 yrs old) Ocean? (Looks confused)
    Me: Right, in space constellations won't help you.
    Eli: :: blinks :: :: turns back to cartoon ::

*sigh* He just doesn't appreciate the inaccuracies of his own show.

Comment

Originally posted by Rachel500 View Post
      I have to admit I only have two 'ships' that I'm obsessed passionate about enough to write fanfic about them: Hawke/Caitlin (Airwolf) and Sam/Jack (SG1).

And even then I would say, Sam/Jack is the only one where I've actively participated in the fandom and shipping.
      Sam and Jack is the only one I've ever followed. I didn't even know there was such a thing as "shipping" until I came across GW and this thread. Prior to that, I was mildly interested in such "ships" as:

Mulder & Scully
      Scarecrow & Mrs. King
      Robert & Holly Scorpio (on GH)

and a few others I can't recall right offhand.

Apparently this shows how enormously strong the magnetic attraction is of and for Sam and Jack.

Comment

I have had three serious ships to date and these are:

- Mulder and Scully (oh boy - I was deep, I'm telling ya)
        - Janeway and Chakotay
        - Sam and Jack

At the moment Sam and Jack are definitely owing in my personal universe. Tee hee.
        Last edited by Tachyon; 17 December 2009, 09:07 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
          Sam and Jack is the only one I've ever followed. I didn't even know there was such a thing as "shipping" until I came across GW and this thread. Prior to that, I was mildly interested in such "ships" as:

Mulder & Scully
          Scarecrow & Mrs. King
          Robert & Holly Scorpio (on GH)

and a few others I can't recall right offhand.

Apparently this shows how enormously strong the magnetic attraction is of and for Sam and Jack.
          Me neither I'd seen the ship, obviously, but it never occurred to me that there wood be such enormous online support for it

Comment

Originally posted by Tachyon View Post

- Mulder and Scully (oh boy - I was deep, I'm telling ya=
            - Janeway and Chakotay
            - Sam and Jack

At the moment Sam and Jack are definitely owing in my personal universe. Tee hee.
            Woohooo another J/Cer! LOL. J/C was my first ship - I was 14 (I'm now 27) and I discovered JetCjr on AOL (2.0)... Yup. Wrote (bad as in poorly written) fanfic... fawned over the tv show... LOL... didn't feel that way about another ship until S/J! I watched the first three seasons... then bought the fourth (my husband owned the first three)... and then got online and hunted down everything I could!!!

Now I hope my fanfic is better at least! LOL

Comment

- Mulder and Scully (oh boy - I was deep, I'm telling ya=
              - Janeway and Chakotay
              - Sam and Jack

This could totally be my post
              "Are you like, a crazy person?"
              "I am quite sure they will say so."

Comment

Woot @ Sam and Jack!

But I cannot deny my ship past and I won't. Mulder and Scully - I loved them sooooo much. And I still do. And Janeway and Chakotay were meant to be.

As are Sam and Jack.

Comment

RE: Sam and her cell phone.

I figure Sam Carter has, along with the most testosterone-laden laptop known to mankind, ah...adapted her cell phone to get signal just about anytime, anywhere.

Or...chalk it up to..."it's in the script, of course she can get emails at the SGC."

And, to keep us on topic:

Smile, Sam! Oh yeah, that's a keeper.

Not to be the list mommy, but...let's make sure we keep *each* post Sam/Jack ship-related. I'll try harder, too.
                  Pol My Blog | My Fanfic | My FaceBook__ Sam: "Jack...please."

Comment

Originally posted by Pol View Post
                    RE: Sam and her cell phone.

I figure Sam Carter has, along with the most testosterone-laden laptop known to mankind, ah...adapted her cell phone to get signal just about anytime, anywhere.

Or...chalk it up to..."it's in the script, of course she can get emails at the SGC."

And, to keep us on topic:
                    http://i328.photobucket.com/albums/l...099_edited.jpg

Smile, Sam! Oh yeah, that's a keeper.

Not to be the list mommy, but...let's make sure we keep *each* post Sam/Jack ship-related. I'll try harder, too.
                    I love that picture Pol...

and...

OOooh okay MOM LOL

Comment

Originally posted by Twilight506 View Post

**I just had a "Sam Carter as Mom" moment - we're watching "Mickey Mouse's Funhouse" and they're flying through space and get lost. The professor duck tells them to use their constellations to get home:

ROFL, but poor kid he probably doesn't even care

Originally posted by hedwig View Post

<snip>
                      You're not the only one who didn't knew of shipping before GW. I had even already kind of been on another forum(Charmed) and I "shipped" Piper/Leo there, but I never knew I was shipping till I started to lurk(and later post) here!

And I seriously need to start working on some artwork for Shipmas...mmm...perhaps my friend won't mind if I just PS during our movienight...
                      sigpic

Comment

*hops in for some self-promotion*

The new chapter of my story is online: Two Paths, One Couple, Chapter 4 Enjoy

Oh...and thanks to Twilight for betaing it... even if she was beating me...well deserved beating...but still...
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Twilight506 View Post

Yeah I could see Sam killing the cartoon and Jack having to remind her its a kids show.
                          sigpic
                          GO NEWMAN! 31!

Comment

- Mulder and Scully (oh boy - I was deep, I'm telling ya)
                            - Janeway and Chakotay
                            - Sam and Jack

Oh yeah baby!!! I Have to say these are also my ships, and add John/Aeryn.

about the ships, I love all of them but i was soo upset with Janeway/Chakotay...It was horrible

Comment

Originally posted by starlover View Post
                              *hops in for some self-promotion*

The new chapter of my story is online: Two Paths, One Couple, Chapter 4 Enjoy

Oh...and thanks to Twilight for betaing it... even if she was beating me...well deserved beating...but still...
                              That's what I'm here for, to hand out beatings. And because it's Christmas, I'm giving them away for free!

Comment

Aw all this talk of shipping others... many moons ago myself and some friends did a "ship list" on LJ. Mine - in all it's embarassing glory - can be seen here: http://blogess.livejournal.com/736.html

(I think I need to update it somewhat).

Bearing in mind this was written around S8. It amazes me now that, back then, I was happy with the end of Threads being It for them. And actually, I would have been if they'd not made any more SG-1 ever because, IMO that would have been all the resolution I needed. That's not to say I'm not glad for everything we've had since...and will get with movie #3.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X