Sam Carter /Jack O'Neill Ship Appreciation Thread 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pol View Post
    Posting my SS fic, which is also my Shipmas contribution.

I've been sitting on it for weeks and can't wait any longer!
    Cookies and Compromises...enjoy

My own SS gift from Melissa just rocked!! You can read that one here: Christmas in DC
    Both of which are wonderful. And I hear ya, Pol. I'm desperately holding on to my very last Christmas fic, hoping I can resist posting it before Saturday

If people are in the mood for more Christmas fics, I wrote this one, Merry Christmas, Sam, almost exactly 3 years ago for Shipmas. Wow, how time flies. Sam/Jack aren't quite right in Chapter 2 based on what's happened since then, but *shrugs*

Comment

Fluffiness abounds! I love it... *sigh*

Comment

Originally posted by Cagranosalis View Post
        Aww loving all the secret Santas. Will you folks (the writers) be posting on FF.net? If so can you post links so I can leave feedback please? I am far too innebriated tonight to cope with actually making words make sense.

Wine is evil.

*glances down to lovely sig Bekki made me. *
        Click on my linky in my sig and it's called "Coda" - it's not Christmas based but I wrote it for Jitter who loves Unending

Comment

Originally posted by Twilight506 View Post
          Total side note: I was on another message board for a Facebook game and since people all over the world play it... someone posted "How do you make a baby?" Then I came over here.

:: giggles :: I soooo know that they were talking about a feature of the game but... :: giggles ::

http://i401.photobucket.com/albums/p...506/urgo22.jpg
          "But sir, she wasn't sure how babies were made!"
          boy...Jacob must've been very adamant about not teaching poor Sam about the birds and the bees....

Originally posted by Linda06 View Post
          I thought Stork's delivered babies? *looks innocent*

Oh my word, those smileys are so funny *falls off chair*
          the stork would have to be a heck of a doctor.....

now wouldn't that be funny if that was the name of the doctor who delivered the baby?

Originally posted by josiane View Post
          HAPPY BIRTHDAY SEAHEN!!!

*bounces about Sanctuary and SGU and also Secret Santa* Hee! What a good day
          from me too....

My FANFIC

This was my SS for Jitter!!! It's rated M so you have to click on that and then go to "Coda" - it's "in canon" for those that are all about some canon (Jenn... LOL) and for those that are abhorrent to Sam/Other:
          spoilered for those who want to be spoilered
          Spoiler:
          There's a brief moment Sam/Other BUT it's not gutter, the fic is SAM/JACK all the way okay?

Oh and HAPPY BIRTHDAY SEAHEN
          boy those Nazis creep up everywhere don't they?

sorry.....bad joke....

Comment

Click on my linky in my sig and it's called "Coda" - it's not Christmas based but I wrote it for Jitter who loves Unending
            But... isn't the first and only acknowledgement of Christmas on Stargate in Unending.

So... stretch.. but there ya are.

Comment

*runs back in*

*hunts for the Cavern entrance*

Found it
              sigpic

Comment

*swims in sea of fabulous SS presents*

WTG, shippers!!!

Looking forward to Shipmas, woohood!
                sigpic

Comment

*hums happily* Yay for all the artwork,fic recs, and fluffiness!

I've gotten two days of my 12 days of Christmas (Yes I know 12 days of Christmas is actually after Christmas...but that'll be addressed at the end! ) fic done...and they're not overly fluffy so Twilight will probably survive the beta. One even has a slight hint of gutter!

To write more fic, or study...that is the question.

My Fanfiction My Sam/Jack vids (yahoo) My LJ
                  Thanks everyone for my b-day icons and sigs!
                  Nobody can make you feel inferior without your consent. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Originally posted by Regularamanda View Post
                    Hmmmm, what a choice. I would say the appropriate thing would be to study, but fic is soooo much more fun!

Comment

Originally posted by VSS View Post
                      I rather like the fic where Sam accidentally kills Pete, and Jack helps her bury the body.

I think the author was projecting a bit, there. As was I when I read it.
                      i liked that fic too.

but what i liked the most was that it felt in character, in how they both (sam and jack) reacted to what had happened. it was a serious subject, not handled lightly b/c the author didn't like pete (or s/p).
                      sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by m_wendy_r View Post
                        I prefer reading stories set in canon as well. My reasoning, I guess, is similar to Jennifer's. I've never liked contradicting events on the show either, and since there's always room for more to be given, I like to see that in fic. I've read a few AUs here and there, but generally my interest isn't as high because it's not the real Sam and Jack... and I'd like to explore the real ones. Well, as real as they can be.
                        i actually think all those fics i've read (of sam and jack getting together) have made my expectations on the series more. reading fics is like watching episodes, so i can *see* how their resolution works and would work on the show. kind of makes it disappointing not having it happen on the show.

(i'm afraid of reading sanctuary fics for this reason)
                        sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DutchIndeed View Post
                          If I read FF, I don't really care if it's AU, as long as it's plausible. Is Sam a teacher and Jack a dad? Sure why not. But if Sam's working as a ...space prostitute and Jack is the one making her work... No.
                          (That was just an extreme example, don't go and ask for a link ). It doesn't have to fit with canon, as long as it works.

If it's a regular story, I don't mind some silly twists, but in that case it should be in character.

oh, wait, you made that up...

sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Regularamanda View Post
                            *hums happily* Yay for all the artwork,fic recs, and fluffiness!

I've gotten two days of my 12 days of Christmas (Yes I know 12 days of Christmas is actually after Christmas...but that'll be addressed at the end! ) fic done...and they're not overly fluffy so Twilight will probably survive the beta. One even has a slight hint of gutter!

*puts responsible hat on*

Amanda you have to study. Your finals will be here soon and you need to pass them. The fics can wait and people will read them later...sometimes you shouldn't procrastinate. Plus if you study good now you will have profit of it in the future because you can buy all those awesome DVDs of your beloved fandom and go to conventions!

*blinks*...that was my alter-ego.

I need Grace......

You know it has actually been several months since I've seen this episode
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by VSS View Post
                              I rather like the fic where Sam accidentally kills Pete, and Jack helps her bury the body.

I think the author was projecting a bit, there. As was I when I read it.
                              Hey I remember this one vaguely. Can you link to it? You know what they say - friends help you move, real friends help you move bodies. I guess lovers take you to dinner afterwards

Hey, I think I wrote a K+ once! It was a real challenge.
                              Edit: Actually, I have several K's. I think they're rated incorrectly. But I've often wondered if it really matters because would anyone who is interested in S/J really be put off by accidentally stumbling onto a "T" fic? I only worry about making sure the "M" fics are properly rated, but maybe I should worry about the other ones, too.
                              The K, K+ always throw me off because I think, don't you have to be 13 anyway? Who's letting their 8 year old surf ff.net? And if they are, how are they really stopping them from clicking on the "T" or "M"?

Comment

Hey I remember this one vaguely. Can you link to it? You know what they say - friends help you move, real friends help you move bodies. I guess lovers take you to dinner afterwards
                                *puts hand up*

VSS if you have the link, can you also send it to me
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X