Sam Carter /Jack O'Neill Ship Appreciation Thread 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by trupi View Post
    Please have patience with the elderly shippers, we are slow to relearn (for the hundredth time on GW)
    You're not elderly!!! You're just confused.

Comment

Originally posted by sg-1fanintn View Post
      You're not elderly!!! You're just confused.
      Doh
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by JenniferJF View Post
        It's the latest update to the BBS software they've been using.
        BBS??? Is that what it's called?
        sigpic

Comment

Please have patience with the elderly shippers, we are slow to relearn (for the hundredth time on GW)
          I am But the young ones are slow as well...we get things pointed out to us... (Good teaching from the elderly )

Thank you, Jann. I would have never figured that out otherwise. The little star thingy doesn't look like the little scale thingy we had before. I seem to be figuring out most of it (is proud of herself).

I'd like to know if there was a technical reason for this change...or if it's just change for the sake of change. I've asked the mods, but they haven't had time to answer the question yet. I'm usually of the opinion that, "If it ain't broke, don't fix it."

Just sayin...
          Woohoo WTG for figuring it out! I had everything pointed out to me so...not that special LOL

As for new update...I think because it was available and perhaps all other new safety software in the future that is released by VB will be for 4.0 versions and higher(just a thought)

sigpic

Comment

Thank you, Jann. I would have never figured that out otherwise. The little star thingy doesn't look like the little scale thingy we had before. I seem to be figuring out most of it (is proud of herself).

I'd like to know if there was a technical reason for this change...or if it's just change for the sake of change. I've asked the mods, but they haven't had time to answer the question yet. I'm usually of the opinion that, "If it ain't broke, don't fix it."

Just sayin...
            They announced it was coming some time ago, and that it was the latest update to the software they've been using, so I'm assuming that, to keep the GW system current (and keep getting software support etc.) they eventually had to upgrade to the latest software version...

Comment

I found my subscriptions...but there are no rep points, or a way to rep people, or ways to view your rep messages....well, at least, I haven't found them yet.

Does anyone have any info on the reason for this change?
              Originally posted by starlover View Post
              Rep points(how to give them to people)...you see your user thingie on the left side....then go lower and you see a star and the other sign...click on the star to give people rep

The rep you got are still visible in the user panel(at least for me)
              What Jann said...And I found where we can still read the messages, etc...But now I can't find it again...But then I stopped playing here to go play on Gimp (which I haven't done since around Shipmas) so I could make something to appease the Art Thread natives, lol.

PS: Anyone know why some messages are mostly to the left while others are spread out over the page like they should be? For some reason what I just posted showed up all toward the left...

And now that I've edited to add that, it's all spread out again, lol.
              sigpic
              Sig by Ikorni for Secret Santa

Comment

Ok...when the last vote was cast, here's where we stood on picking a date for Valenship:

VALENSHIP:

Saturday, February 6 (6)
                Saturday, February 13 (12)

If you haven't voted yet, please do!!!

Comment

Originally posted by JenniferJF View Post
                  They announced it was coming some time ago, and that it was the latest update to the software they've been using, so I'm assuming that, to keep the GW system current (and keep getting software support etc.) they eventually had to upgrade to the latest software version...
                  I remember that. I guess I wasn't expecting something quite so...severely different.

Change or die, I guess.

Comment

VALENSHIP:

Saturday, February 6 (6)
                    Saturday, February 13 (13)
                    sigpic
                    Sig by Ikorni for Secret Santa

Comment

I remember that. I guess I wasn't expecting something quite so...severely different.

Change or die, I guess.
                      sigpic

Comment

Change or die, I guess.
                        Perhaps the forum has been taken over by the Borg...

Oh wait...

Wrong series

Anyway...I am starting to like it...I only hope that the transition between the main site and the forum will become a unity again(now it looks like you go to a different place instead of only the forum part of the site)

plus I'm liking the fact that it's bigger

Would this be a time Jack would ask help from Sam if it was his Simpson forum that got updated? (lame attempt to go on topic again)
                        sigpic

Comment

Perhaps the forum has been taken over by the Borg...

Oh wait...

Wrong series

Anyway...I am starting to like it...I only hope that the transition between the main site and the forum will become a unity again(now it looks like you go to a different place instead of only the forum part of the site)

plus I'm liking the fact that it's bigger

Would this be a time Jack would ask help from Sam if it was his Simpson forum that got updated? (lame attempt to go on topic again)
                          I can hear him yelling now.... "CARTER!!!!!!!"

I agree with you!!!

Also just discovered that to see who is online, you're going to have to go through multiple pages by alphabet...instead of seeing the list at the bottom of the main forum page. That doesn't sound like an improvement.

Comment

I can hear him yelling now.... "CARTER!!!!!!!"
                            Yep and then with pointing his fingers at the screen(going in "circles") ..."fix this"
                            And Sam would work hours and hours on him......

I mean to explain the forum of course and that it is an update...not the end of the world
                            sigpic

Comment

Yep and then with pointing his fingers at the screen(going in "circles") ..."fix this"
                              And Sam would work hours and hours on him......

I mean to explain the forum of course and that it is an update...not the end of the world
                              But Jack...hating change as much as the next guy or gal...would first be shocked:

Then, he would be miserable!

Comment

Okay, I just got on the thread for the first time. My first thought was, what did my husband do to the computer now? My second thought was, this is really cool. Am I the only one who likes this new format?

To me, it is easier on the eyes, and I can read a post and see who wrote it without scrolling up (unless someone wrote a lot). I used my mouse to teach me what some things were by scrolling to the cute little pictures.

Is there any change with the sigs, because I see that the avatars are bigger? Not that I can use a customize one yet, unless they changed the rules. Please tell me they did.
                                sigpic
                                I used to trek amongst the stars, now I gate to them

Comment

Working...
                                X