No announcement yet.

Sam Carter /Jack O'Neill Ship Appreciation Thread 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just keep thinking I'm going to have my kids teach me how to do these things. Sigh.
    sigpic
    My Stories: FFdotNet
    My Stories AO3
    Thanks, Oma, for the Sig!

Comment

Maybe for me it's because I'm still of that generation where a strong man (no, not a mean strong man) is a GREAT THING. SO in my mind, Jack is Head of Household, Keeper of Keys, and Maker of Jokes, and Sam is Genius in Residence, Fixer of Toasters, and Maker of Babies (all right, that's just because I think she'd want to)--and they just consult each other on big decisions. How 1950s am I? Turns out a lot.
      sigpic
      My Stories AO3

Comment

VALENSHIP:

Saturday, February 6 (6)
        Saturday, February 13 (12)
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Akamaimom View Post
          Maybe for me it's because I'm still of that generation where a strong man (no, not a mean strong man) is a GREAT THING. SO in my mind, Jack is Head of Household, Keeper of Keys, and Maker of Jokes, and Sam is Genius in Residence, Fixer of Toasters, and Maker of Babies (all right, that's just because I think she'd want to)--and they just consult each other on big decisions. How 1950s am I? Turns out a lot.
          No... I agree. That's part of what I was getting at, actually. so you're not alone

EDIT: Yeah! They've also got big Avatars up, too!

Comment

Killer of spiders too

My Fanfiction My Sam/Jack vids (yahoo) My LJ
            Thanks everyone for my b-day icons and sigs!
            Nobody can make you feel inferior without your consent. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Absolutely. Gross. My husband kills ALL the bugs. I don't have to do that. Bless his heart. That's a reason to stay married right there.
              sigpic
              My Stories AO3

Comment

Mwahahahaha...bugs...I don't fear 'em. Find them rather adorable. *shrugs* I'm strange I know

As for Jack alpha male. I do agree but I do think that the tasks are quite "evenly " divided in the household. Still I don't see Jack do the laundry or some other household duties. I think that is more a women's job...

Buuuuut looking at both of their personalities and the fact that Jack did live for 8+ years alone in his home, and it looked reasonably neat...and the fact that we always see papers scatered(sp?) across Sam's office...I think it does happen that Jack does the household duties...

Overall I think Jack takes a bit of the lead, but Sam does challenge him. She is too stubborn to let him protect her all the time(plus she is well capable of taking care of herself)
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Regularamanda View Post
                  Killer of spiders too
                  *giggles*

Spoiler:
                  "Uhmmm... Sam?"

"Yes?"

"Can you... come here for a minute?"

"What is it... I've gotta get this report off to Landry."

Please? It'll only take a minute..."

With a sigh, she got up from the desk and followed the sound of his voice to the bathroom where she found Jack standing before the shower looking at something on the floor inside. "What is it?"

He pointed and turned to her. "Spider..."

She couldn't help rolling her eyes a little in exasperation. "Oh.. For cryin' out loud..." She grabbed a piece of toilet paper from the roll on the wall and pinched the offending arachnid up between two fingers with it. "You know," she observed as she dropped the wad of toilet paper holding the spider into the toilet and flushed it. "For someone whose been through everything you've been through..."

He grinned sheepishly at her. "Well, we never had to face... those..." he pointed out. "If we had... all bets would have been off."

She couldn't help returning his grin. "Men," she mumbled under her breath.

"Speaking of which," Jack began, all trace of humor gone, "Since you're here anyway..." He gestured to the shower behind him and raised an eyebrow at her.

She laughed and shook her head, defeated. There were some invitations she was still unable to resist. "Men," she repeated. And then, just as she was about to get ready to join him in the shower, a sudden thought made her pause, her hands still hovering over her waistband. She had remembered that morning years earlier on P3X-471 when Jack had awakened to find a spider in his boot and ... "Wait. Jack. You're not afraid of..."

And the blasted man simply winked at her.

Comment

AWESOME! Do you ever watch Coupling--the BBC show? There's a whole thing about coming over to kill a spider that's kind of cute. But not as cute as that!
                    sigpic
                    My Stories AO3

Comment

Originally posted by JenniferJF View Post
                      *giggles*

Spoiler:
                      "Uhmmm... Sam?"

"Yes?"

"Can you... come here for a minute?"

"What is it... I've gotta get this report off to Landry."

Please? It'll only take a minute..."

With a sigh, she got up from the desk and followed the sound of his voice to the bathroom where she found Jack standing before the shower looking at something on the floor inside. "What is it?"

He pointed and turned to her. "Spider..."

She couldn't help rolling her eyes a little in exasperation. "Oh.. For cryin' out loud..." She grabbed a piece of toilet paper from the roll on the wall and pinched the offending arachnid up between two fingers with it. "You know," she observed as she dropped the wad of toilet paper holding the spider into the toilet and flushed it. "For someone whose been through everything you've been through..."

He grinned sheepishly at her. "Well, we never had to face... those..." he pointed out. "If we had... all bets would have been off."

She couldn't help returning his grin. "Men," she mumbled under her breath.

"Speaking of which," Jack began, all trace of humor gone, "Since you're here anyway..." He gestured to the shower behind him and raised an eyebrow at her.

She laughed and shook her head, defeated. There were some invitations she was still unable to resist. "Men," she repeated. And then, just as she was about to get ready to join him in the shower, a sudden thought made her pause, her hands still hovering over her waistband. She had remembered that morning years earlier on P3X-471 when Jack had awakened to find a spider in his boot and ... "Wait. Jack. You're not afraid of..."

And the blasted man simply winked at her.
                      *giggles* Awesome

This reminds me of this(not to be opened for people who are afraid of spiders)
                      Spoiler:
                      sigpic

Comment

Um...I've got what will sound like a very dumb question Um, where has the time and date gone on the posts?
                        sigpic

Comment

Absolutely. Gross. My husband kills ALL the bugs. I don't have to do that. Bless his heart. That's a reason to stay married right there.
                          I'm the only one who's not, er, afraid of bugs. So I have to do all that stuff.

+=
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Linda06 View Post
                            Um...I've got what will sound like a very dumb question Um, where has the time and date gone on the posts?
                            On here they're up at the top of the post in the blue...but if you look in the character and relationship folder it's where it used to be on the right except in white where you can barely see the time...

Jann...... I'll get you back!

Jenn *giggle snort* loved that!

My Fanfiction My Sam/Jack vids (yahoo) My LJ
                            Thanks everyone for my b-day icons and sigs!
                            Nobody can make you feel inferior without your consent. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Originally posted by Linda06 View Post
                              Left upper corner of post, above the username of the post

EDIT: Nvm. Amanda was quicker

I warned you amanda ...it's just a spider If it would have been an aligator I would have been more worried...
                              sigpic

Comment

I am petrified of spiders So thank you for warning us not to open that spoiler
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X